Windows Support Forum

MSN won't work with specific email

Q: MSN won't work with specific email

Hello! Hopefully someone can help me with this really annoying issue.
So, I cannot login with my real email adress on MSN, I have the newest version etc.. I tried reinstalling/restarting the computer and it won't work.
I've tried using different accounts, they work flawlessly.
I can still log on my email through the browser without a problem.
The error message I get is : Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: MSN won't work with specific email

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: MSN won't work with specific email

Can you log into the Windows Live web services [aka Hotmail, etc..] with the account?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/179124-msn-wont-work-specific-email.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi my first excel post here Been reading through related posts and although I consider Email single in columns specific email myself pretty adept at Excel I have never messed with macros before this week and am a bit lost Here is my situation Working in a spreadsheet for orders Each row is an item we carry There are about rows Column P is the actual amount we decide to order and after the person runs through the Email specific columns in single email page typing in orders in column P numeric field he would hit a button and the items that have a value to order would be compiled in a single email The columns needed in the email include A B C P Z and AA Although the spreadsheet will have Email specific columns in single email rows there will only be about rows to order probably if that matters And it only needs to send those columns ideally as a row and all in the same email We are using Outlook and an SBS if that matters windows Vista Also not sure if it matters but most of the columns in the spreadsheet are filled in via quot vlookups quot on a different worksheet Column P will be the only column actually typed in but the quot values quot of the other columns need to be copied as opposed to formula or other I will also be trying to modify it to print the orders using a different button but I d be happy trying to figure out the email part first Any ideas I am sure it can be done drives me nuts to not be able to make the leap into VBA but a deadline is looming and I am at my wits end thank you nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

We are tracking a specific real estate website Email Blocking Specific Hotmail as we are looking to purchase a home in Phoenix After you Hotmail Blocking Specific Email enter this site and find a specific property you are looking at there is a SEND button halfway down the page which allows you to send that specific webpage to hotmail email address We have been doing this for several months And then it just stopped working I had other people check that webpage and it works for them they can send specific webpages back to their email address I've been all over Hotmail email security blocked senders etc and nothing works to solve this I then found the below information regarding Microsoft's Smartscreen spam filtering which appears to me that I have no control over I've been working on this for over a week with no resolution Does anyone have any idea Hotmail Blocking Specific Email why MSN Hotmail is blocking this and how I can fix it SmartScreen is the spam filtering technology developed and operated by Microsoft SmartScreen is built around the technology of machine learning SmartScreen's filters are trained to recognize what is spam and what isn't spam In short we filter incoming emails that look like spam I am not able to go into any specific details about what these filters specifically entail as this would render them useless Hotmail Windows Live Mail limits the number of e-mail messages a particular IP can send within a time period Based on an IP's reputation built based on various data sources it is allotted an allowed sending limit per unit of time When an IP sender exceeds its allowed limit any further SMTP commands from the IP will receive the SMTP error code from Hotmail Windows Live Mail and the connection terminated

A:Hotmail Blocking Specific Email

since it looks like it is beyond your control, then it may be time to use another email addres for that specific webpage. If that is too inconvenient, then pick a new free email address that will forward to hotmail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hotmail-blocking-specific-email-625249.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Running Outlook 2003 and have forwarded email from account 'A' to account 'B.' This works fine, but what I would like to do is direct all email forwarded from the just sitting in the Inbox of account 'B', but to go into a sub-folder called, say, 'A email'.

I can set rules for moving email FROM a specific user, but how do I move email that has been forwarded into a separate folder?

A:Outlook 2003 - Forwarding Email to Specific Folder

Why can't you just pick "mail sent to" as a filter criteria when creating a rule?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-forwarding-email-to-specific-folder.361471/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I am stuck creating a new macro Currently I have a workbook and macro that emails each worksheet to a specific user email address referenced on each worksheet This works great however I have a new project that requires emails sent a in ranges Macro specific worksheet data to Email weekly to individuals Macro to Email specific data ranges in a worksheet with significantly less data I have a new workbook with a Macro to Email specific data ranges in a worksheet worksheet that compiles data from Macro to Email specific data ranges in a worksheet multiple sources this is working fine I need to email each user with only their data on the worksheet Each section is the same Columns x Rows A W with B containing the email address A W with B containing the email address A W with B containing the email address and so on I could setup worksheets and have the block of data Columns x Rows on each worksheet and use the code I have to email each sheet however it is much too hard to manage that many sheets I have also setup code to select a range of data on a sheet but having cannot replicate it to continue until an email address is not found I was thinking if the macro would look for an email address symbol in the cell in Column B and when found email Rows - rows above to row below and continue until no email addresses are left it would accomplish what I am trying to do Below is my email each sheet code followed by my attempt to modify to send range of data on a sheet It appears to select the range but does not populate email nor does it replicate to select the next section Sections are the same so ranges can be hard coded to make it easier Any assistance or advise would be great Sub Email If ActiveSheet Range quot H quot Text quot Done quot Then Exit Sub If MsgBox quot Are you sure you are ready to send ALL Dashboards quot vbYesNo vbNo Then Exit Sub Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object Dim ws As Worksheet Today Format Now quot mm dd yy quot With Application EnableEvents False ScreenUpdating False End With Set OutApp CreateObject quot Outlook Application quot OutApp Session Logon For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook Worksheets If ws Range quot C quot Value Like quot quot Then Set OutMail OutApp CreateItem On Error Resume Next With OutMail To ws Range quot C quot Value CC ws Range quot C quot Value BCC quot quot Subject quot Dashboard for quot amp ws Range quot C quot Value amp quot as of quot amp Today HTMLBody StrBody amp RangetoHTML ws UsedRange Send End With On Error GoTo Set OutMail Nothing End If Next ws Set OutApp Nothing With Application EnableEvents True ScreenUpdating True End With ActiveSheet Range quot H quot quot Done quot End Sub Function RangetoHTML rng As Range Dim fso As Object Dim ts As Object Dim TempFile As String Dim TempWB As Workbook TempFile Environ quot temp quot amp quot quot amp Format Now quot dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss quot amp quot htm quot rng Copy Set TempWB Workbooks Add With TempWB Sheets Cells PasteSpecial Paste Cells PasteSpecial xlPasteValues False False Cells PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats False False Cells Select Application CutCopyMode False On Error Resume Next DrawingObjects Visible True DrawingObjects Delete On Error GoTo End With With TempWB PublishObjects Add SourceType xlSourceRange Filename TempFile Sheet TempWB Sheets Name Source TempWB Sheets UsedRange Address HtmlType xlHtmlStatic Publish True End With Set fso CreateObject quot Scripting FileSystemObject quot Set ts fso GetFile TempFile OpenAsTextStream - RangetoHTML ts ReadAll ts Close RangetoHTML Replace RangetoHTML quot align center xublishsource quot quot align left xublishsource quot TempWB Close savechanges False Kill TempFile Set ts Nothing Set fso Nothing Set TempWB Nothing End Function -------------------------------------------------------------- Sub NEWTEST Dim rng As Range Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object Dim ws As Worksheet Set rng Nothing On Error Resume Next Set rng Sheets quot Schedules quot Range quot A W quot SpecialCells xl... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-email-specific-data-ranges-in-a-worksheet.860850/
Relevancy 49.02%

what needs to be done to have specific emails sorted by account?

A:sort email to specific account in windows mail

Is your e-mail server hosted by another site? You would need them to create a user account for each user and then you have each user log in with username and password to get their mail.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/162739-sort-email-specific-account-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a specific email contact who can be reached directly through my Gmail on Google but every time I send directly from Outlook 2010 the email dies as "Invalid Recipient". This applies even if I am replying to a received email from that person so it is not a typo or similar personal error and it is the only contact which behaves like this.

Anyone out there with any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 won't accept a specific email address

Do they have special non-alphanumeric characters in their username?

That's the only thing that I can think of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/272996-outlook-2010-wont-accept-specific-email-address.html
Relevancy 48.16%

hi
I cannot see an email from a specific mailing list.
The exchange admin says that according to him the email is sent to you.
But its not shown in my account. I was earlier able to recieve emails but not now. The emails are sent at my address according to our exchange administrator.

I have checked In each and every folder in my outlook 2010 but is not there.
I also used the from keyword in search and couldn't find it in any of folders in my outlook.

It is not in deleted folder.

It's not in the quarantine box. We are using Microsoft quarantine facility.

There are no rules defined in my outlook.

Any help?

A:Email from specific mailing list is not shown in Outlook 2010

Any clue as to what's going on in?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/312962-email-specific-mailing-list-not-shown-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, could someone tell me if its possible to have my laptop have windows media player playing on my secondary monitor whilst still having my main monitor free to let me work at the same time?

Thanks.

A:Set specific apps to work on secondary monitor?

Hello PainlessTorture,
If your second monitor will work on your laptop, then yes you can, i have mine playing music or videos all the time when I'm surfing.
You need to set it as "extended desktop".

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246855-set-specific-apps-work-secondary-monitor.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm having an issue with this specific XP Sp3 computer. In the persons cubicle the computer will not connect to the internet. If you move the computer to a different lan drop, it works just fine. Then if you switch to another computer, that works in the cubicle. I've checked the Nic, Cat-5, basic IP settings that we are using. Everything is fine.
Any ideas? Need More Info? let me know.
Thanks,
Jeremy

A:Computer does not work on a specific lan drop, but works on others.

Answered on another board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-does-not-work-on-a-specific-lan-drop-but-works-on-others.826593/
Relevancy 48.16%

XP SP2, all latest updates.

Basically, the links on the left side of Explorer when viewing folders that are content-specific (ie. music folder, pictures folder) don't work at all. For example, in the My Music folder, clicking on "Play All" doesn't work (the cursor goes to an hourglass for a few seconds but WMP doesn't pop up or anything) and it behaves the same for every link on the left side. Any ideas?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I have a Windows Vista SP2 system that has two separate accounts; one is an administrator and one is the standard client. When the system starts up, the keyboard works fine but when the standard client logs in the keyboard stops working. The keyboard works for the administrative user, however. Any ideas? Thanks.Regards,
Christopher K.

A:Keyboard doesn't work after specific user logs in ...

Had what sounds like a very similar problem on a Windows XP computer. User could enter their logon details, but when their profile loaded the keyboard did not work.
In this instance it was the Filter Keys.
The user had an icon that looked like an alarm clock down in the System Tray. Double clicking on that brought up the Accessibility Options and I unticked the Use Filter Keys check box, then OK'd out.
Another way to get to the Accessibility Options is go to Start>Control Panel>Accessibility Options.
Hope that this helps someone.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6cac357e-43a8-43c9-8e7b-4a8e27bc4ee9/keyboard-doesnt-work-after-specific-user-logs-in-?forum=itprovistadesktopui
Relevancy 47.3%

We are been unable to send emails from our work email to outside addresses. (Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, etc.)

My Network guy is MIA and I don't know what to do or who to call.

We are host our own email and are running email on Exchange Server 2000 and are on Windows 2000 OS. Any help or advice on who I can call would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: HELP!!! Can't send email at work to outside email address!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-cant-send-email-at-work-to-outside-email-address.636793/
Relevancy 47.3%

Situation I have a domain email 2000 - using automatically on used. contact specific send Outlook account based let s Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used. call it mydomain com and a whole bunch of domain email aliases eg email protected email protected etc that all forward to my ISP pop email address account default account I currently have rules setup so that emails sent to certain aliases at mydomain com which all come into my IPS email account go to their associated folders setup in Outlook eg email protected goes to the quot Jim quot folder email protected goes to the quot Mike quot folder etc etc I also have a LAN email account setup in this copy of Outlook although it s not set Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used. as my default Emails on my LAN account use a virtual domain name to send within the network let s call it mylanaccount com Rather than have the emails go to folders on my computer I d rather they be forwarded on to the relevant address on our LAN eg emails that came in from email protected would be forwarded to email protected Of course because mylanaccount com is a virtual domain that doesn t exist in the big wide internet these emails need to be forwarded on using the LAN account not my default ISP pop email account Queries Ideally I d like to setup a rule with something like Check messages when they arrive Sent to people or distribution list quot Forward it to people or distribution list using the specified account quot Of course this last option does not exist You can only choose to quot Forward it to people or distribution list quot There s no option to specify the account a Are there any add-ons for Outlook that let you do this b Does this rule exist in later versions of Outlook otherwise Using Outlook is it possible to make it so that specific contacts have a specific account used when sending emails to them a If not are there any add-ons that can do this b Is this possible in newer versions of Outlook I ve looked around but the closest relevant thread I could find was this one t ---link had to be removed sorry--- Any help is very much appreciated Cheers Chris nbsp

A:Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used.

1b. & 2b.: Doesn't look that way here in Outlook 2003. Have you thought about spending $7 to 9/month per person and get an Exchange Server hosting account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-automatically-send-email-using-specific-account-based-on-contact-used.407241/
Relevancy 47.3%

Our small office is not on a domain and uses a simple workgroup.
We can’t receive emails (pop or imap, standard ports) from our domain work email since two days ago when the company providing our internet connection changed/updated something to do with our internet connection (requiring new router credentials and a new IP address).

The STRANGE thing is other email accounts work fine if set up here (using the same kind of ports etc) and our work emails receive fine through other internet connections!
We have been in contact with both the company that provides our internet connection (we have two connections with them, one for pc’s & laptops and one for the phone system - which I've also tested with our email unsuccessfully) and the company that provides the email service. Both companies have not been able to fix this or pin point the problem.

Any ideas much appreciated!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532935/cant-receive-emails-from-one-specific-domain-from-our-work-internet-connection/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys I work with a company who designs hardware for the Windows OS We are trying to see if virtualization can port our hardware to work in Mac and Linux Here is how our hardware works and what the problem is- Our hardware is considered under Windows as an USB VMWare Getting in specific work hardware 8 Virtualization - to with Workstation software Microphone Our devices ONLY work with our software If the hardware device is not detected our software will fail upon startup and close immediately Ok so I plug in a device then bootup MAC OS X Snow Leopard I go to tools and import USB Microphone The USB microphone shows up in MAC settings as being present I then use WINE to open our Windows based software in the MAC environment Every time I do this our software states there is no device detected Now I know there has to be a way to do this and i m sure it s advanced too but I really need any type of advanced help in figuring out what is restricting this to work

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445460/vmware-workstation-8-getting-hardware-to-work-in-virtualization-with-specific-software/
Relevancy 46.87%

Exchange email won't work!
Hi, 

Very frustrating. I have two email accounts (Google email) working great. But, can't get my work email to operate. I know I have all the addresses, etc. correct. I'm a very experienced user. I set it up, no problem, at both iPad and iPhone. I used the
same exact settings, no dice. 

1. When I used the Outlook Exchange option, did not connect at all
2. I was able to use IMAP and successfully downloaded emails, but can not send - keeps getting stuck in Outbox 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fc38d60-993d-4ca9-b4be-a87395ede0d9/cant-get-work-email-outlook-exchange-to-work-on-surface?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 43.86%

I had a false positive a few days ago so reminded me was time to use my scanners Most like MBAM SAS HJT etc found nothing as well as KIS Also ran Ad-Aware full scan It found things - one was quot malware js generic quot that it could email - message in specific outbox "malware.js.generic" detected no only narrow down to the Sent folder in a Gmail "malware.js.generic" detected in email outbox - no specific message IMAP folder in my T-bird profile It s kinda hard to figure out if it s real or false when dealing w entire Sent folder even though it s not that big I checked the folder on VirusTotal amp Virscan Each found hit for the same infection on the sent folder The hits came from small lesser known scanners Is there a way w any scanner that ID s infection in an email folder to narrow it to one message I really don t want to upload my entire sent folder anywhere for analysis due to privacy I also don t want to delete it based on a possible false positive Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-js-generic-detected-in-email-outbox-no-specific-message.1048254/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all So I work tech support at my company and recently had one of our secretaries run into a virus It was an email containing a fake resume in doc format that once opened attempted to direct the computer to download a trojan AVG Preventing Specific from Folder Specific Being Virus File in Created detected it right off the bat and quarantined it I then ran a full system scan with AVG Malwarebytes and Spybot and everything came Virus Preventing Specific File from Being Created in Specific Folder back clean I had assumed AVG along with Word being macro-disabled by default kept anything from actually happening However at the time of Virus Preventing Specific File from Being Created in Specific Folder the download she was running our company bookkeeping software eClub for those interested and it crashed once she tried Virus Preventing Specific File from Being Created in Specific Folder to use it again I check it out and see that the exe to run eClub had been removed from the eClub folder let's call it eclub exe Weird So I go ahead and completely uninstall the program and reinstall only to find eclub exe was not reinstalled with it I copy eclub exe from another computer and try to paste it into the folder and I'm told I don't have permission to do so Then things get weird I uninstalled eClub completely again removed the eClub folder and every possible saved setting for it I created a blank eClub folder ex C Program Files eClub I can put anything I want into this folder including exes EXCEPT for eclub exe getting the insufficient permission error I can put eclub exe in subfolders of C Program Files eClub without a problem I checked all my permission levels and have full access to everything I even manually added permissions to the eClub folder and eclub exe I ended up just installing the program under another folder name C Program Files eClub and it worked perfectly fine I'll probably end up just wiping the computer and starting over but it got me wondering what settings has this virus altered to affect a specific file being placed in a specific folder like this I've never come across this and it baffles me Any input would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Virus Preventing Specific File from Being Created in Specific Folder

Please post the Malwarebytes Antimalware log in your topic.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log in your topic.

================
 Please run TDSSKiller.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

The log for the TDSSKiller can be very long.  If you go to the bottom of the log to where you find Scan finished you will see the results of the scan.  If it shows Detected object count: 0 and Actual detected object count: 0, this means that nothing malicious was found and you will not need to post the log.

1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.

If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.

3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.

4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.
 ***Do NOT select Delete!

Click on Continue.

================
 Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Please download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. Double click on the EmsisoftEmergencyKit file you downloaded to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop. Leave all settings as they are and click the Extract button at the bottom. A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\).

After extraction please double-click on the new Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit icon on your desktop.
The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates. Please click Yes so that it downloads the latest database updates.
When update is complete, click Malware Scan. When asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs, click Yes. Emsisoft Emergency Kit will start scanning.
When the scan is completed click Quarantine selected objects. Note:  This option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.  If this is the case select Delete selected.
When the threats have been quarantined, click the View report button in the lower-right corner, and the scan log will be opened in Notepad.
Please save the log in Notepad on your desktop and post the contents in your next reply.
When you close Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it will give you an option to sign up for a newsletter. This is optional, and is not necessary for the malware removal process.
=================Please run the ESET OnlineScan
This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run till it is completed.
***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***ESET Online Scanner
Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
Remove found threats
Scan archives
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology

Click Start to begin scanning.
ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanne... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596912/virus-preventing-specific-file-from-being-created-in-specific-folder/
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently moved in with my aunt and I had this same problem last laptop when specific Specific network streaming drops on connection summer when I visited Now that I live here its a much bigger issue my laptop which connects fine to all other wireless networks has trouble on this one It can browse the web all day but the second a large file begins to transfer video a file download etc it will drop Specific laptop drops connection when streaming on specific network the connection randomly usually rather quickly The computer does not need to be restarted to reconnect it often reconnects on its own near-immediately though sometimes I have to go to the system tray and reconnect manually I thought it was too far from the router but my tower in the same room connects flawlessly and going in to the same room as the router doesn t help This same laptop Specific laptop drops connection when streaming on specific network has been fine on every other network and every other computer is fine on this network I ve web crawled off and on about this for months but no one s problem is limited to one computer network combination If the solution is in a setting on this laptop that would be awesome - the network is used for my aunts business and I m really hesitant about changing any settings and Specific laptop drops connection when streaming on specific network since it works for all other devices theoretically the router settings should be something I can adapt this device to as well crossing my fingers thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 43%

okay this is a weird problem I can use my internet just fine except for two specific web-sites that I know of that crash when I try to access them those two websites are What cd and utorrent com when I type them into the search bar I get this This webpage is not available Google Chrome could not load the webpage because what cd took too long to respond The website may be down or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection I know it's not the website because other people I know can access them just fine but there is an even stranger problem When I do a google search in the URL bar usually it works fine but when I include the words quot torrent quot or quot what quot in the search the browser crashes the same way I can search for anything else and it works fine But if one of those two words quot torrent quot or quot what quot is included it crashes what the hell

A:Cannot access specific pages / search specific words

Hi and welcome to TSF we do not help with torrent issues it is against forum rules this thread will now be closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-specific-pages-search-specific-words-665210.html
Relevancy 43%

I manage a school network and would like advice on an issue with offline files.
For reasons of access to teaching specific users on specific computers need to have their files stored on their local machine.
Other users who log into the machine do not need to store their files (I don't want them to).
I also don't want the specific users to store offline files on other local machines.
Is this possible using active directory and group policy ?
How would I go about it?
Matt

A:Offline files specific user on specific computer

kingmatt said:

I manage a school network and would like advice on an issue with offline files.
For reasons of access to teaching specific users on specific computers need to have their files stored on their local machine.
Other users who log into the machine do not need to store their files (I don't want them to).
I also don't want the specific users to store offline files on other local machines.
Is this possible using active directory and group policy ?
How would I go about it?
MattClick to expand...
You can redirect specific users My Docs folder to a network share. Then the files will not be stored on the local machine, and you can also include that network share in your daily backup routines. As for the other users, just leave their My Docs folder set to the default path, and their files will be stored on the local machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-specific-user-on-specific-computer.597188/
Relevancy 43%

Hello Everyone,
What I want to accomplish is to run the program "InstallShield" only with a specified user.
So Basically DENY TO EVERYONE (admins, users, ... ) and ALLOW to the specified user.
I've tryied to create a Deny rule to everyone and an allow to specified user rule but isn't working.
Pheraps it checks the deny rule first and if it's true it stop checking.
Is there a way to allow only my SA user to be able to run Installshield and to deny access to the app to everyone else?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d50e83a5-6f8e-4df6-93fe-736cf1af440a/applocker-allow-access-to-a-specific-application-to-a-specific-user-only?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 43%

So I was browsing the web, looking for a way to disable the Start background for a certain user (he keeps toying around with windows 8) and other permissions too. Most things I disabled were meant to be used with gpedit.exe, but I used a user Snap-In in mmc.exe. However, I and some other people want to change the background. So how do I disable this setting for a specific user?

A:Force specific background color for a specific user??

It's been a week and no answer...

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/46121-force-specific-background-color-specific-user.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I m hoping someone here may be able to help me I ve been a member of a bulletin website Cannot specific Solved: work, from access can access etc. but home, it from board website for adoption for over four years The site is IVFConnections net and com usually works as well The site is hosted by The Planet The admin unfortunately has left the building on the site--for reasons unknown So after logging onto this site for the past years last week I ve been unable to access this site I get a DNS error from both of my home computers laptop and PC I ve contacted Comcast reset my cable modem I ve contacted McAffee and all of my settings are just as they should be I Solved: Cannot access specific website from home, but can access it from work, etc. can access the site perfectly fine from work my husbands work and other friends computers I ve asked others on the bulletin board if they are having issues and I seem to be the only one Today Dell told me to reset my computers back to factory settings as they were sure this would solve the problem It did not and I still am unable to access the site I m also using a Netgear wireless router for my laptop I ve disconnected the router and just used the PC hooked up directly to the modem and I m still having the exact same issue Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this Does anyone have a quot work-around quot for me to use to login to the site I appreciate any help I m truely frustrated nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot access specific website from home, but can access it from work, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-access-specific-website-from-home-but-can-access-it-from-work-etc.814900/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to develop a GPO that will only apply to my primary laptop users while they are using their laptop but am having trouble getting it just right What this GPO is meant to accomplish is to alter the default my documents location for my laptop users only while using their laptops If the user signs into another system I don't want it Assigning users specific on specific to systems GPO to apply and if someone else who is not the laptop's primary assigned user signs in I don't want it to apply Assigning GPO to specific users on specific systems I have both a Laptops group under my Computers container and a LaptopUsers group under my user's container in AD but when I apply the GPO to both of these Assigning GPO to specific users on specific systems groups it seems to affect these users everywhere not just on their assigned laptops The GPO is meant to redirect the My Documents folder from a network location to a local system location which will sync back to the network so when the laptop is out of the office My Documents are still available Thanks for any advice

A:Assigning GPO to specific users on specific systems

Put the GPO for the redirection into a sub OU of computers, link the GPO to that sub OU and then move the computers you want it to affect into that OU, in the scope/security options of the GPO, remove authenticated users and then enter the users you want the GPO to affect once you've done this, make sure its all tested.

I'm not an expert on GPO's and there is probably a much cleaner way to do it but thats how I've managed to do it in the past.

Regards

M

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323163-assigning-gpo-specific-users-specific-systems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I created a new user acount for my son on my primary desktop. Upon creating it and logging in to the newly created account I see a bunch of my applications on his desktop. I want to make his desktop as clutter free and only have the apps he needs and uses.

Hastily I go and delete some of the shortcut icons only to later find that the same icons have also been deleted on MY desktop.

I later figured out that anything edited under "public desktop" would be shared & affects all users.

Is the only way around this situation to move the specific contents within "public desktop" into My (administer) "desktop" folder?

A:Specific desktop icons for specific users

Of course. The point of having a Desktop folder in your user directory is for this purpose. So use it for its intended purpose. I fail to see the reasoning behind wanting another solution when one is already staring you in the face.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288013-specific-desktop-icons-specific-users.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have an audio file (mp3) of a toilet flushing , and I would like to make it so that every time I delete anything , I want to hear the toilet flush. what is the easiest way to apply that sound to the delete action ONLY , and what format do I need to convert my MP3 into so that it will work........

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1
3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3470
16334 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Z77A-G41 (MS-7758) 3.0
nvidia evga geforce gtx 560 superclocked 2gb gddr5
WD 500 GIG HD

thanks ,

A:how to apply a specific sound to a specific action

Heh. I did that quite a few years ago with Win95.
First off, you'll need to convert that mp3 to a .wav file. Audacity can do it in seconds.
Put your .wav file in C: -> Windows -> Media
Then go to your Control Panel, select Sound, then click the Sounds tab.
Scroll down to Windows Explorer in the window you see, and click on Empty Recycle Bin.
The dropdown box below will turn from grey to white. In that dropdown window, choose the name of the .wav file, in this instance, perhaps "Toilet".
Click "Apply". Save your new sound scheme if you wish with a new name.
Every time you empty the Recycle Bin, you'll hear your flush.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/309455-how-apply-specific-sound-specific-action.html
Relevancy 41.28%

You send How Work? Does Email and receive it everyday it s instantaneous and it doesn t cost a thing It s email one of the most important tools of today Let s take a look at how it works under-the-hood and in normal language What Exactly Is Email Electronic mail abbreviated as How Does Email Work? e-mail email E-Mail etc is a very old form of computer-based communication A long time ago in technological not human terms computers were giant machines People used dial-up terminals to access them and each machine held storage for multiple users As is the case with any community people found useful and unique ways to communicate with one another and a messaging system evolved The caveat was that you could only send messages to other users on the same system at least up until As the story goes along came Ray Tomlinson who sent the first email by addressing a How Does Email Work? user on another system using the symbol Obviously both the underlying dynamics and far-reaching consequences weren t so simple but it was that notion that brings us to where we are today Email was at that time the equivalent of today s text message Over time it changed and evolved like anything else it has sender and receiver info a subject line a message body and attachments but on the whole emails are pretty simple documents It s not so easy to get it from point A to point B however Like anything else there s an intricate process involved that works behind the scenes to make it seem as seamless as possible A lot of the ideas used in relaying email were important in formulating document transfer which is at the core of things like bulletin board systems and the world wide web From Sender to Recipient Let s start with an illustration of the process It may not make complete sense at first but it ll be useful to refer back to When someone let s say a spice seller sends an email it has to have an address in the form of user domain ext Our example has freman alpha arrakis com The email gets sent by the client to an outgoing mail server via Simple Mail Transfer Protocol The SMTP server is like your local post office which checks your postage and address and figures out where to send your mail It doesn t understand domains though They re a sort of abstract thing so the SMTP server contacts a Domain Name System server The DNS server is a sort of phone or address book for the internet it translates domains like arrakis com to an IP address like Then it finds out if that domain has any MX or mail exchange servers on it and makes a note of it This is like your post office consulting maps of where your mail is supposed to go calling their local post office and checking to see if your friend has a mailbox or P O box to receive mail Now that the SMTP server has the proper info the message gets sent from that server to the target domain s mail exchange server This server is referred to as an MTA or Mail Transfer Agent It decides where exactly to put the mail much like how your friend s post office figures out how best to get it delivered Then your friend goes and fetches the mail usually using a client that works via POP or IMAP POP vs IMAP These two acronyms plague email settings panels everywhere so let s take a deeper look at them POP stands for Post Office Protocol It s useful because like a post office you can pop in grab all of your mail and then leave You don t need to stay connected and aside from leaving a copy on the server it s a pretty cut-and-dry procedure If you don t leave a copy on the server it doesn t require much space or bandwidth either You can use POP to grab mail from several different inboxes on several different email servers and consolidate them on one It has its drawbacks though POP is a unidirectional protocol information travels one way Once you download the email to a client it s up to the client to sort through its different statuses and so on That s fine if you only ever access mail from one place Nowadays though it s common to get email ac... Read more

A:How Does Email Work?

Very nice explanation!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/150645-how-does-email-work.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My work email is ran of a Microsoft Exchange Server, is there a way to access it from home?

A:Work Email

Your company would have to provide you the path and port setup information needed, as well as access to the mail server from outside the network.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269420/work-email/
Relevancy 41.28%

I had email on my Windows 10 computer at my apartment and then I move to a house and a couple of month later I booted it up and can't get to my email. I spent 3 hours with COX and they don't know but they did manage to blow my email away for about 24 hours. My setting are the same on Windows 10 computer as my Windows 7 computer which I do get email. I'm use Live Mail so I wonder what I can do?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70075-email-dont-work.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I had email on my Windows 10 computer at my apartment and then I move to a house and a couple of month later I booted it up and can't get to my email. I spent 3 hours with COX and they don't know but they did manage to blow my email away for about 24 hours. My setting are the same on Windows 10 computer as my Windows 7 computer which I do get email. I'm use Live Mail so I wonder what I can do?

A:Email don't work

Can you describe what is happening instead when you try to get your email? Are you getting some kind of error when you check Live Mail? Is it a problem both getting and sending email or just one? Last, can you sign into webmail.cox.net with your username/password and check your mail there?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632452/email-dont-work/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi today i opened up my email client, windows mail on my desktop and got a powerpoint off there to continue, it only gaveme the option to open the powerpoin, so i opened it and started to do work on it, when i saved it it said converting and all of that and seemed to of saved.

Well now my issue is im not sure where it saved, ive used the search bar and all that but cant find it. When i saved it it didn give me the option to save it in a location or change the filename etc so im wondering would it be in recent files or areas etc?

Any help would be highley appriciated

Regards Paul

A:Email, powerpoint work

Quote: Originally Posted by paulpp

Hi today i opened up my email client, windows mail on my desktop and got a powerpoint off there to continue, it only gaveme the option to open the powerpoin, so i opened it and started to do work on it, when i saved it it said converting and all of that and seemed to of saved.

Well now my issue is im not sure where it saved, ive used the search bar and all that but cant find it. When i saved it it didn give me the option to save it in a location or change the filename etc so im wondering would it be in recent files or areas etc?

Any help would be highley appriciated

Regards Paul

Paul, if you open up Powerpoint would you not see the amended saved file in the top loft side of powerpoint under recent files?

Adrian

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/24835-email-powerpoint-work.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm running an XP on my son's computer which has an Intel 4 3 gb, and 512mb mem. Been having browser security problem, web pages coming up blank, so I've gone thru Spybot, Adaware, Cleanup, put Avg 7 on, updates, and ran it. I did a defragment with Diskeeper Lite and it's running faster, but now when I click on a link in an email there's no response.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

A:links in email don't work

Do you have Internet Explorer as the default browser?
Right click the Internet Explorer icon, properties and then click Programs tab.
Make sure that the Internet Explorer should check to see if it is the default check box is selected, also click Reset Web Settings button, click Apply, and then click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-in-email-dont-work.362881/
Relevancy 40.85%

I started with Windows mail, switched to Outlook 2007 hoping to cure problem with autocomplete not working when typing email addresses to send to. Still not any better with Outlook 07. All settings are correct, restarted, defraged, error checked, no change. Auto complete works fine in all other programs. Why?

Any ideas how to cure this issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/207951-autocomplete-email-wont-work.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am a new work in Can AOL not to get email Thunderbird user of both Mozilla Firefox Can not get AOL email to work in Thunderbird and Thunderbird and simply love both of them However I have a two issues with Thunderbird I can not seem to resolve Since I am trying to Can not get AOL email to work in Thunderbird set up both my Gmail and AOL email accounts up within Thunderbird I have tried to add the extension Buttons select SMTP to my Thunderbird software I open Tools extensions Get More Extensions That seems to put me into Firefox and when I try to install an extension it goes into the Firefox software How can I get the extension Buttons into my Thunderbird software so that I can manage the SMTP servers As I mentioned Can not get AOL email to work in Thunderbird earlier I am trying to be able to manage both email accounts thru Thunderbird I have managed to get the Gmail account to work properly but simply cannot get the AOL account to work I click on the Get Mail button and then on the AOL Mail It seems as though it is working but nothing seems to happen The message on the bottom bar states that it is downloading of messages This goes on for several minutes but nothing seems to change I hit cancel I am using the imap aol com port as my incoming server However I did try using both the Gmail outgoing server smtp gmail com port which works with the Gmail account and the AOL outgoing server smtp aol com port which does NOT work with Gmail This is why I thought the Buttons extensions might work for me That way I could set up both outgoing servers and use the proper one for each email account Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix these problems I would appreciate any help Thanks Kasey Dell Inspiron P III Ghz RAM XP Home ISP AOL k dial-up

A:Can not get AOL email to work in Thunderbird

I don't think "AOHELL" supports 3rd party POP programs at all. But I could always be wrong. But I know I could never do it when I was on AOL. It only let me use it's own pop box and web mail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/can-not-get-aol-email-to-work-in-thunderbird-90226.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I've been having a problem with my email I get my email from the following site https www us army mil When I call up the site I get a security certificate of which I click the middle line to ignor and it allows me to get to the logon page But for some reason I've not been able to get to the security certificate I get a time-out notice that won't allow me to connect I just recently had a virus problem work [SOLVED] Email won't and got that cleared and that was when my email would no [SOLVED] Email won't work longer work During the fix-it process of the virus I could intermittently get [SOLVED] Email won't work into my email It was that one day I had no problems at all and then the next day I was locked out I am sure that something is blocking me out but am not sure what that is Are you able to help me I did have some registry fix it programs Registry Patrol and Registry Identity on my computer for a short time as well which started the problem But I have since deleted them off my system as well as Combofix that the virus support had me install I am not working with any other forum and I will [SOLVED] Email won't work greatly appreciate any help you can give me Thanks Don

A:[SOLVED] Email won't work

http://www.infosecblog.org/2007/07/i...usarmymil.html
Apparently it isn't a big deal. It seems that they haven't gotten the certificate yet is all.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-email-wont-work-328249.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Almost one-third of companies said they've fired an employee in the last months for violating e-mail policies and of the companies said they have disciplined an employee for violating e-mail rules in the past year according to a survey of U S firms with or more workers Thirty-eight percent of companies said they employ staff to read or analyze At - With Email Always It Be Work Careful outgoing e-mail messages and that jumps to of companies with or more employees according to Email - Always Be Careful With It At Work the survey conducted by Forrester Consulting for Proofpoint Inc which makes Email - Always Be Careful With It At Work anti-spam and e-mail monitoring tools for companies About half of the companies said they regularly audit outbound e-mail content quot There are legitimate reasons for companies to monitor e-mail quot said Keith Crosley director of market development at Proofpoint in Cupertino Calif quot There is so much risk associated with e-mail The companies we're talking abut here have records on many thousands of customers You Email - Always Be Careful With It At Work really need to protect that data E-mail is one of the least secure systems quot he said quot It's very easy to inadvertently reveal massive amounts of customer data quot The message to workers is quot don't put anything in e-mails that you wouldn't want the whole world to read quot Crosley said quot That would be a difficult ideal to live up to quot he said but absent that workers should at least abide by their company's policy for acceptable e-mail use CBS Market Watch Article Be Careful with EMAIL at work

A:Email - Always Be Careful With It At Work

Isn't there a web service that you pay a monthly fee to that allows you to tap in and use your home computer as if you were sitting right in front of it ??

Would employers be able to pick up on that ??
Dennis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54662/email-always-be-careful-with-it-at-work/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi. This is my first post, so, hopefully someone can help me! I have spent two days on my pc trying to fix this! I cannot compose or send emails because the buttons don't work! I can check mail, but when I go to " compose", I keep getting a sript error. When I continue anyway, the send, cancel, save as draft, and attach buttons do nothing. Also, I can't type in the message portion of the page! What is this all about?

A:email buttons don't work

Hi and welcome,
First off, what e-mail program are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/email-buttons-dont-work-166633.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Folks
I've asked this question elsewhere and got no firm response. In Windows XP pro [or home for that matter].... if the system has multiple User accounts, particularly those with Admin permissions, is HJT user-specific? Do you need to login and run it multiple times in the various Accounts to get an accurate picture?

thx

z

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-hjt-account-specific-user-specific.638162/
Relevancy 40.42%

Which ever place I get mail. Windstream, Hotmail, Windows Live Mail; when I receive a email with a link to click on it tells me can't do it check default programs. I did and it didn't help. I think these are called hyper links.
I ran sfc /scannow, no problem found.
I'm always running security scans, no problems found.
I have no problems with hyper links except in mail I received.

A:email hyper links won't work.

sounds browser related to me , what browser are you using
and could you post a screenshot

also have a look at this ,
http://www.timeatlas.com/5_minute_ti...s_fail_to_work

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/187237-email-hyper-links-wont-work.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Whenever I receive an email with a link it doesn't work. I can click on it all day and nothing happens. I'm using MS Outlook w/ WinME. I've also switched to OE and the same thing happens. This is for every email I receive and I receive a lot. Thanks!!

Relevancy 40.42%

I'm using FF8 on Windows XP Pro SP3. I can't open any links that show up in my subscription newsletters. The message I get is:

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at...

The same thing happens with Internet Explorer 8 so I guess some Windows setting is causing the problem. Has anyone experienced this type of behavior?? Anyone have any suggestions for me??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/links-in-email-newsletters-do-not-work-615586.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I can not get my email account to work on my new computer. I use an aol email account. please help

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/69903-can-not-get-aol-email-account-work-new-computer.html
Relevancy 40.42%

This is my first post I'm not sure this is the right forum I have a Dell Dimension E XP with service pack I have DSL Siemens for my Internet with the AT amp T Yahoo Browser as well as Internet Explorer which I never use On December I learned from email receipients that my hyperlink to My Briefcase did not work that is it email don't AT&T Yahoo work hyperlinks displayed correctly but was quot cold quot or AT&T Yahoo email hyperlinks don't work quot dead quot I can sent a hyperlink to myself and it will be quot hot quot But when I create one in an email it is cold I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Yahoo Browser AT amp T Yahoo tech support has no further guidance It is a minor annoyance that I do not wish to turn into a major headache by trying something over my head I have no problem creating hyperlinks in Word Can anyone suggest a fix that would be fairly simple Or could you tell me where the problem originates email browser or computer If computer should I querry Microsoft or Dell Thanks Mark

A:AT&T Yahoo email hyperlinks don't work

I don't have a fix, just a simple work around. You can download firefox web browser and go to your email and see if it works through that other browser that is not associated with internet explorer.
www.mozilla.com - select firefox download

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/at-and-t-yahoo-email-hyperlinks-dont-work-213041.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I've been experiencing trouble primarily with my email. Today after I downloaded Windows Live Mail 2011 I can now see images in my emails again. However when I click on a hyperlink in an email it does not work. Here's the message I get.

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel. My system is Windows Vista Home Basic. I can find the Set Associations, but I am unable to resolve this myself. It has been driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

A:Clicking on email hyperlinks does not work

Read this Internet links will not open in Windows Mail
And this Windows Mail does not allow me to open Hyperlinks in Emails - Microsoft Answers
Also this Windows Mail wont open hyperlinks - The NeoSmart Forums

You must associate internet exeplorer with HTML in control panel.
Also check your settings in windows live mail under safty options.

Jimmy

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/288989-clicking-email-hyperlinks-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Switching from XP to Visa, the new windows email program has folders now instead of identities. I have 2 separate email identities (accounts) with outlook express, one for home and one for an organization I run. This made it nice and easy to switch between them before and keep everything separate. The "easy" transfer did not move my email messages from either account so I will have to do it manually. But, I have 2 sets of messages and 2 contacts lists, how do I keep these separate in Visa? Seems like it will put them all into one inbox and contacts list. The help was worthless!

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-identities-are-now-folders-how-does-this-work.607273/
Relevancy 40.42%

I used to be able to compose an email on AOL, attach or insert pictures, (during "insert" you can edit the size of the photo and its location on the page)and then send it. Since about a month ago, it doesn't work any more. For example, once I browse and then open a picture to be "inserted", the continuous looping icon keeps spinning and spinning with no results. Once I "attach" a picture, I then click Send. The spinning icon appears along with the word Sending at the bottom of the page. Nothing happens. Then I tried forwarding (attaching) pictures in a Google Mail account and it worked fine. What's wrong with AOL? Is there a "settings" error?Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421790/aol-email-attachment-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 40.42%

i had a couple of malware problems a couple days ago and after removing it i find my internet Explorer can't display webpages, but my msn works fine, as well as my emails

the malware problem was "antimalware" and "antivir"
i got them from trying to download a video at tvshack.net
i have windows XP (2002) service pack 3
any help would be appreciated

A:web browser won't work but msn and email stuff does

i managed to fix the problem by unchecking all the boxes in the "LANsettings" submenu of the connections tab
now one of the virus's is back...it won't let me open any program wat so ever

it comes up with

"Application can not be executed. the file ________.exe is infected
Do you want to activate your antivirus software now"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-browser-wont-work-but-msn-and-email-stuff-does.937526/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

I have MS Office 2010 "Outlook".

There are 3 addresses running through Outlook. My main address is from my internet provider (Cox Communications - EG: "cox.net") and 2 others from the drug prevention organization I'm affiliated with. All 3 were working fine.

Then last week the 2 organizational addresses EG: "napta.org" started coming up with error messages and would not allow messages through.

I logged onto the organizational's. 'Web-mail' and tried every setting they listed but nothing worked. The POP settings are just "mail.napta.org" for both In/Outgoing mail.

On the Webmail site there is no contact info. so I can't talk to anyone there to get any new settings.

If anyone can follow this please contact me.

Thanks,
Ron

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/email-settings-no-longer-work-1119025.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I hope someone out there is familiar with this probelm. Suddenly the other day I cannot operate links in my emails or any of the sites. When I click on a new address appears in the address bar, and Ie address appears on the bottom of desktop, and I get a blank screen with the little hour glass, and it just sits there. Nothing happens at all. I can't even get into the picture download on ebay. Any help at will will be appreciated.

A:Links in email and web sites don't work

so when you type in an address, it gets you to the website, but when you manually click on a link, it doesn't work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-in-email-and-web-sites-dont-work.622740/
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok so here is the deal: I am managing a small network of computers (about 12) and we have different user names for all our "clients" - they come in sign on with their own username - they are kids. Well we also use Spector Soft to keep track of their keylogging to make sure they don't type or do anything against our rules. Usually Spector Soft sends and email to Outlook Express telling us if this happens but when i click on send/receive in Outlook i get this error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'our account', Server: 'our server', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I'm sorry if this is repeat post - i'm just tearing my hair out trying to get this to work ... can someone please Help

A:connection to server for email won't work

Have you talked to your ISP, sometimes they are updating servers and you need to make sure your system is updated as well

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-to-server-for-email-wont-work.717192/
Relevancy 40.42%

Many web pages have an email icon that when clicked will bring up an email form so that you can contact the author of the web page.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442677-embedded-email-hyperlinks-dont-work.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all,

I have an odd problem when trying to run an application as a different user (holding shift + right clicking the icon and selecting "Run As Different User".
So, I have two user accounts: XBMC, General and test. When I try to run an application as XBMC (using either Generalor test accounts), the application never loads and after around ~30 seconds, the run as different user window reappears and mentions that it timed out.
I'm able to run applications as either General or test from any of the three accounts, it is only when trying to run as XBMC that I run into problems.
Trying to run any program as XBMC times out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

A:Run as different user does not work for one specific user

Bumpedy.

Anyone? I know it's a really strange problem.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311985-run-different-user-does-not-work-one-specific-user.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello:

I have a problem with my Microsoft Outlook 2003. Sometimes my email notification works, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to not work for internal email.

I am using Windows Professional 2000.

I've checked the notification, turned it off and on again, but still not work for internal emails.

Thanks for ur assistance.

Liz

Relevancy 39.99%

i searched for a tutorial and followed it step by step, and it looks like i successfully backed up all my outlook express files. they all have .dbx and .csv file extensions. when i attempted to recheck my backup, i was unable to open any of these files. how do i open these .dbx and .csv files? i don't understand how this backup benefitted me, or how to use it. the tutorial is of no help in that matter.
my computer is a compaq presario with xp and 512 ram.
thanks.

A:made backup for email, but can't check my work.

Hi ejames82 !

Those files aren't meant to be read directly. You can import them on another computer using the import button in outlook, it's useful when you get a new computer or need to reinstall XP.

This program says it can read the dbx files but I've never used it and can't guarantee any results : http://www.oemailrecovery.com/dbx-extract.html

If you have outlook express follow this guide : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/made-backup-for-email-but-cant-check-my-work-246210.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Whenever I start internet explorer, it displays "page cannot be displayed" and I am unable to access any websites. However, when I start Outlook, I can download my email. My firewall is off. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 39.99%

Just recently, I cannot open my Yahoo email account on my laptop running Vista Home Premium. My laptop's homepage is Yahoo. When I click on the email link, I get this error message: "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". Also, I cannot go to any site using the address bar. When I try, I get the same error message as above. The links to the news stories work, though. I can open my yahoo email account on my Ipad 2 and PC and go to any website using the address bar but not on the laptop. Would you help me, please? Thanks.
BJB

A:Yahoo email link/address bar don't work

Do you have the IE 9 browser?

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Problems with Internet Explorer 9 - How to Repair Internet Explorer 9?  (contains fixes for IE 9 in Vista)

I think the best solution is to get a more modern browser. Suggest Firefox....Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567163/yahoo-email-linkaddress-bar-dont-work/
Relevancy 39.99%

Clicking on a link within an email has worked fine since I installed Windows Live Mail a year or two ago Today each time I click on a suddenly work Links within no email longer link Links within email suddenly no longer work I get an error message similar to this Windows cannot Links within email suddenly no longer work find 'http www microsoft com Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again I can cut and paste the link and it opens fine in Firefox Vista Home Premium Links within email suddenly no longer work bit Firefox is my default browser I checked Control Panel Default Programs SetYourDefaultPrograms Firefox and it says quot This program has all its defaults quot This is not a Security issue I allow images and external content from my Trusted Senders list but I get the same error message on those mail links I don't know if the problem is related but Live Mail has been flaky recently when closing Not always but often I close the program and when I try to re-open it later nothing happens When I check Task Manager it shows two instances of wlmail exe running I have to close those and then the program will open ok This problem is not consistent It happens once every few days It's annoying but not serious Being unable to click links is serious I've tried to research the problem here but none of the suggestions have worked and most of them were related to Outlook versions before Live Mail Thanks for any advice

A:Links within email suddenly no longer work

There are 2 solutions I can think of.
1. System Restore (If that doesn't work, try #2)
2. In Control Panel, click "uninstall" for WLM, then click "repair"

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/273224-links-within-email-suddenly-no-longer-work.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have this problem with my Mac. I cannot link to any web site that appears in my email to Firefox. I can link from web site to web site - but not from within an email. I use Entourage. I have set my Preferences in Safari to Firefox as my default. I have disabled pop up blockers. I even called Apple Care and have posted on the Firefox discussion board. This is a huge problem for me and I would like to get it fixed. Any Mac users having this problem?

A:Entourage-Firefox email links don't work (Mac)

Which Firefox Discussion Board did you post on? Can you give me a link to your post there? There are two main Firefox Support forums, but there are quite a few other Mozilla resources out there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/entourage-firefox-email-links-dont-work-mac-565367.html
Relevancy 39.99%

As of yesterday my computer has completely stopped downloading any file. That is, it will not download a PDF from my uni online library, it will not open an attachment word doc from facebook, it will not open an attached doc from gmail or yahoo. Obviously I must have done something, but I have no idea what it is.I am connecting to the internet just fine, so it's not that. Also, I keep trying to save my word doc for uni and it keeps crashing and giving me a warning that it can't be found (but then opens it, but often says not responding when I try and save and I lose everything I've been working on). I really need to be able to fix this. HELP PLEASE

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Downloads-will-not-work-at-all-for-email-word-etc-on-spectre/td-p/5619115
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi All

I am trying to email a worksheet (or tab) from excel 2007 (SP2) (OS W7). Using Outlook at the emailing faciliy.

Example 1 workbook with 7 work sheets, each worksheet needs to be emailed to a different person with a different message. Pretty sure it can be done with a marco but would rather just for the moment do it manually

Thanks
Martin

Relevancy 39.99%

I use Outlook 2010. I was using the Hotmail Connector with my MS mail account (at outlook.com) to synch contacts but this is no longer supported. I've now added my MS account using the new account wizard which configures a MS Exchange account for my MS mail account and does synch contacts.

However, when the account is configured as an Exchange account, my user name appears in the format outlook_{text string}@outlook.com. This name name appears in the email sent address from the account but it doesn't work as a legit email address since the email is returned to sender. My correct email address does send and receive emails from the Exchange configured account.

I want to change my user name to the correct email address for my account but I can't change this from Outlook or the Mail option under Control Panel.

How do you configure an Exchange account to send out the correct reply email address?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/64507-my-ms-exchange-email-address-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Recently I downloaded some microsoft updates and Symantec(Norton) Anti-Virus updates. Now when I click on a link within an email in Outlook Express nothing happens. My internet exporer browser doesn't launch. PLEASE HELP.

A:Clicking email link doesn't work

Go to add/remove programs. Select internet explorer, click remove.. When the installer comes up click to repair or reinstall.. It should fix the association problem..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-email-link-doesnt-work.265586/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello there,

I have recently installed AVG Free version 7.1.371, Virus base 267.14.3/209. It scans emails fine with my Gmail account in Microsoft Outlook 2003, but doesn't seem to do anything for my OE 6 with my free MSN account. Neither is it scanning my incoming files from Messenger 7.5. Any ideas how I can get it towork with these programmes?

Thank you in advance,

1techgirl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-avg-email-scanner-to-work-with-oe6-and-free-msn-account.427454/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have Windows XP IE 6. When I open hotmail messages or yahoo email sent to me and they have embedded url links, when you click on them with the mouse you can see the address rendering in the bar below but the links will not resolve anywhere. This happened all of a sudden. I must have deleted or changed something. Any one know how to fix this?

A:Links in hotmail or yahoo email do not work

Welcome

Do you have a pop-up blocker installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-in-hotmail-or-yahoo-email-do-not-work.151353/
Relevancy 39.99%

When i select a picture in photo gallery , choose email resize , then hit attach , the email doesn't appear.
I've gotten some advice to do the following:
Click"set your default programs"
Click your email client
Click"set this program as default"
Click OK
Regrettably, My email client wasn't among the available programs in that window.

Can you help
Sanphyl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-photo-gallery-email-does-not-work.641871/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Guys I have Outlook ITEM Just recently I havent been able to put a name in my address book window without getting this message This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down When I checked the details section of that dialog box it said the following OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module MSO DLL as soon as I would click to close it --- it would then spyware? trojan work Detective email? in 4U... close Outlook ITEM Here is the REAL trippy part Detective work 4U... trojan in email? spyware? a Detective work 4U... trojan in email? spyware? couple of days ago when I wanted to send an email I ususally send in HTML I noticed a few characters in the body part that looked like this quot quot --- well I KNOW something has to be amiss so I cancelled that email and called it up again --- Detective work 4U... trojan in email? spyware? this time in plain text and the body was mysteriously filled up with those characters quot B A amp Q Xrs GRq CDa EFV HSUWf F AQ quot a Rq B b r amp DFU S x t Mu g d p COjZ l O IV g B y G c B I email protected E lt iJ j t G email protected K i L y and more ALL the way down to the bottom I suspect this is code of some type of trojan or spyware but I have used ad-aware spy doctor spy-bot and my virus protection is up to date from symantec and scans email coming in and going out Curretly I am not sending any emails out until I figure this out I try to keep my PC quot tuned quot and this is the first time this has happened I m feeling something is amiss but my protections are saying I m clean Any ideas as to what the heck this is Thanks dontknowjack nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/detective-work-4u-trojan-in-email-spyware.332784/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I m new to this site can't to email access change since comcast work so if I posted wrong please let me know I ve switched internet provider from Verizon DSL to Comcast cable just a month ago Since can't access work email since change to comcast that time my wife can no longer connect to her work email I ve call comcast many times since the only thing that changed was provider This is the error I get now If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web I ve tried explorer and taken down the firewalls I had her school IT person remote access to my computer to see if it is on their end still she can t connect We can access from other computers my work but still not on my home computer windows vista Comcast now tells me not there problem since I can connect to internet I m looking for any help at all don t know where to go I ve also changed my norton protect to AVG to see if that was an issue thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I have just transferred from a Windows XP PC using Outlook Express 6 to Vista PC with Windows Mail. I successfully migrated one email account and it works fine. On a second account I get the windows security box asking for username and password and even when I enter them correctly I get the box again. When I cancel I get the following error message:

Account: 'Estradia general', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR unknown user name or bad password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91.

However the username and password are correct, and the account does send and receive emails OK. The account is located with the same ISP as the fully functioning account. I have checked that all the settings etc for the caccount are correct, and have tried manually inputting them with same effect.

Any ideas for a solution?

A:Cannot get second email account to work in Windows Mail

Server: '127.0.0.1' - that is you local machine address not your ISP

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/200963-cannot-get-second-email-account-work-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I got this trojan a couple days ago and since then I found it a work and dont Mcafee [email protected] damn my bit odd that windows was directing me to spyware removal sites instead of the usual usless update I did my homework on the trojan and found out what it was all about using false warning to take me to sites to spend money on software that probably wont work I tried using the quot free quot xoftspySE only to get a subscription page pop up Then I saw a post on [email protected] and my damn Mcafee dont work this site with the same problem Is there a way you can guide me through the removal without buying new software in a way I can understand I mean without the endless lines of computer text ive been seeing in other posts im computer literate but dont ask me what they mean PS ive been getting the same pop ups and warnings as the other posts if it will go any faster I have a skype username on my profile info if you can go on IM with me Ill be online all day Also I have a new security toolbar that I would rather not click since it came the same time as the trojan nbsp

A:[email protected] and my damn Mcafee dont work

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-spy-win32-mx-and-my-damn-mcafee-dont-work.637001/
Relevancy 39.56%

I need to create a new user on a new Windows 10 pc.* I get an error:* "You can't sign up here with a work or school email address.* Use a personal email....".* This is a business pc not a personal pc.* How can I create a new*user account using a business email* address?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440860-creating-new-user-account-will-not-allow-work-email-address.html
Relevancy 39.56%

ok so i TO NEW [email protected] (IM COMPUTERS) work wont Smithfraud just got this laptop with [email protected] Smithfraud wont work (IM NEW TO COMPUTERS) windows vista on it and [email protected] Smithfraud wont work (IM NEW TO COMPUTERS) i ws checking myspace and a girl wa friending me so i went there and it said i needed a download to view her profile i know thats where it came from but now i get the annoying warning sign in my tray saying to click on the balloon to fix the problem and i am also the only user on this computer so obviously i have administrative rights but when i try to install the HJT and Smithfraud it wont let me save in the c drive this is all very confusing and frustrating please help me here is the HJT log it had some errors so can someone please help An unexpected error has occurred at procedure modMain CheckOther Item Error - Path File access error Please email me at email protected reporting the following What you were trying to fix when the error occurred if applicable How you can reproduce the error A complete HijackThis scan log if possible Windows version Windows NT MSIE version HijackThis version This message has been copied to your clipboard Click OK to continue the rest of the scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object isamntr exe C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object pmsnrr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object pmmnt exe C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object isamini exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files McAfee MSK mskagent exe C Program Files Napster napster exe C Program Files BigFix bigfix exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Users Michael Desktop HijackThis exe C Windows System notepad exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptcl dll O - BHO no name - A ACAE -F - -AD -BD FB DB - C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object isadd dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - ... Read more

A:[email protected] Smithfraud wont work (IM NEW TO COMPUTERS)

I'll try to get someone to take a look at the log for you in Security, that is a better spot of it but those guys are really busy.

I'll close this to make things simpler, continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/557601-new-comp-vista-problems.html#post4586970

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-spy-win32-mx-smithfraud-wont-work-im-new-to-computers.557592/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello does using by Outlook work link 2007 7 IE Send email and not MS to all I Send link by email using IE 7 and MS Outlook 2007 does not work know sure the problem I'm about to describe has been discussed on this forum because I've been researching possible solutions tonight for over hrs without success In short have a new computer with Vista Home Premium which seemed to be working fine Only had this rig a couple days so how much could go wrong right WRONG All seemed well until I tried to send a Send link by email using IE 7 and MS Outlook 2007 does not work link by email and nothing happened So I tried again with same results I ended up trying to open Outlook but it wouldn't respond either but WOULD work fine again if I restarted the computer From my research on this forum and others I believe Vista for some reason Vista is refusing to recognize Outook as my default email client EVEN THOUGH I HAVE REPEATEDLY GONE INTO 'SET PROGRAM ACCESS AND COMPUTER DEFAULTS' AND MADE BOTH IE AND MS OFFICE DEFAULT PROGRAMS I HAVE ALSO REPEATEDLY GONE INTO 'SET YOUR DEFAULT PROGRAMS' AND MADE IE AND MS OUTLOOK DEFAULT PROGRAMS THERE AS WELL MAKING SURE EACH PROGRAM ALSO HAD ALL OF ITS DEFAULTS CHECKED I also went into IE internet options and set up both IE and Outlook as default programs there as well and even went in under the 'advanced' tab and reset IE settings losing some cookies in the process NONE OF THIS HAS HELPED I'm stumped and frustrated I suspect there's a problem with the registry but just a guess I could sure use some help with this Thanks in advance Carl

A:Send link by email using IE 7 and MS Outlook 2007 does not work

I have had this SAME issue as well.

Certainly someone knows what's going on.....

http://www.vistax64.com/software/180388-send-link-email-using-ie-7-ms-outlook-2007-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 39.56%

When i select a picture in photo gallery , choose email resize , then hit attach , the email doesn't appear.
I've gotten some advice to do the following:
Click"set your default programs"
Click your email client
Click"set this program as default"
Click OK
Regrettably, My email client wasn't among the available programs in that window.

Can you help
Sanphyl

Relevancy 39.56%

For some weird reason suddenly my links dont work from my emails and they take me to a box saying locate link browser. Some links are hidden and I cant cut and paste so im doomed!!! Can someone help me, I use Firefox as my main browser as my IE7 crashes everytime I open it and I have given up now on that.

Please help.

Thanks

Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-links-dont-work-in-outlook-2003.617339/
Relevancy 39.56%

When I recently got a new PC with Windows 10, it forced me to create an "outlook.com" account as the default mail. But I have had another email address for many, many years and everyone I know and work with uses it to contact me. I MUST get that account to work reliably with Win10 Mail. It doesn't.
I have read dozens of articles elsewhere and tried all sorts of solutions to no avail.
When I ADD my Verizon account, it seems to be successful, but while the "outlook" address syncs constantly, the Verizon fails to sync about 9 times out of 10, sometimes giving error messages (various codes), but often just attempting to sync for hours on end. I think the worst so far has been around 18 hours of being unable to sync.
Please help a very frustrated new Windows 10 Mail user. Thanks.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/436207-what-must-i-do-get-win10-mail-pc-work-my-verizon-email-account.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,
     Is there a service provider that allows administrators to manage what iOS and Android mobile phone applications can be blocked from syncing with the user's Microsoft Exchange email accounts for work? I would like all users to only be able to sync their work email accounts with one app that will make them enter a password or pin every time they want to access their work email accounts for security purposes.

A:Security for Work Email Accounts on Personal Phones?

Hello,
     Is there a service provider that allows administrators to manage what iOS and Android mobile phone applications can be blocked from syncing with the user's Microsoft Exchange email accounts for work? I would like all users to only be able to sync their work email accounts with one app that will make them enter a password or pin every time they want to access their work email accounts for security purposes.
Satya Nadella wants to know what took you so long? (Joke, sorry)

Microsoft has been pinning their hopes on this very scenario. The only solution I know is really a compromise to something IT found acceptable: They created an app specific to this single purpose for their employees on the level where BYOD is not an option (departmental heads and higher are issued Windows Mobile devices). Like I said it's kind of a solution in that it allows IT some form of control that's acceptable rather than moving the company to Windows Mobile across the board which gives you the amount of control and level of security IT wants.

Sorry if that's not the simple solution you were hoping for. As long as Microsoft still has real hope of getting traction in the mobile OS marketplace you're unlikely to see it from them

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596137/security-for-work-email-accounts-on-personal-phones/
Relevancy 39.56%

any suggestions on what i can do to get the links in the email msgs working? i click/dbl click on them and i get no response or IE window opening up.

thanks, in advance.

A:outlook express 6 - links in email mgs dont work

fijisan -
Go to Start/Run, type regsvr32 urlmon.dll

You may have to shutdown and restart.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-6-links-in-email-mgs-dont-work.146736/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have often used Word 7 Mail Merge and merged emails to Outlook 7 Since I have installed Windows 7 I am now unable to get the emails to show up in Outlook. They appear to merge in Word but they do not show up in Outlook or any other email programme I have. Can anyone help me? I have noticed many others on the web having the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-with-mail-merge-and-outlook-doesnt-work.1069777/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello All thanx in advance for the help I am running Windows XP Pro and Firefox something and I use yahoo as my email when i compose an email using the return key to keep the text within the window it is fine when i use control v to paste text into the email it also stays withing the email compose box however when i send the email to somebody it becomes a huge long unbroken string of text so that an email that is say lines vertically is now lines vertically also i cant use my right click to copy and paste all the time sometines i can like in IMFrame but sometimes I cant like in email--but the copy part works fine except when i right click in the body of my email message to paste i get a screen that has the last options as view sent correctly unformats doesnt work paste --copy Email and when source and view page info instead of the one with a paste option i can get around this by using shift V to paste it but its like the Email unformats when sent --copy and paste doesnt work correctly computert is stuck somewhere also if i try and use IE instead of firefox to read my email if i click a link on an email it shuts the page down completely HELP did i post in the right place at least is this an XP or browser or problem thx BIlly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/email-unformats-when-sent-copy-and-paste-doesnt-work-correctly-92341.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I am using bellsouth email on Windows Mail. I am connected to Comcast as my ISP, and I cant seem to send any emails. I can receive emails just fine.

I can only send when I reconnect to bellsouth.

Whats wrong? Ive tried changing the outgoing mail port to 587 with no luck =/

A:Trying to send Bellsouth email while connected to Comcast. Doesnt Work

Comcast is blocking the sending of the Bellsouth mail. When I had windows 98, I was able to send via any service. With the bloosiming of spam, I received the notice that this convenience would be stopped. I was able to send through my ISP, with any return address that I wanted, but it had to go through my ISP.

Not being familiar with Comcast, your situation may differ, but there more than an even chance that this is the situation.

Take care.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/270064-trying-send-bellsouth-email-while-connected-comcast-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi!
I need some OneNote help...
I'm trying to share a notebook - via 'Share', then 'E-Mail Page'.
The notebook has appeared int the email content, yet none of the attachments are live - I can't open any of them.
They also don't appear in the 'Subject' line at the top of the email (as attachments).
Please help!
Thanks.

A:OneNote - Sharing an Email Page - with attachments - doesn't work

Hi Zoan,

My name is Manu T S From Dell Social Media Team.

In order to send the One Note as an attachment you should save the notebook either in *.onepkg format or in pdf, then mail it

Note: if you save it in *.onepkg fromat then the recipient must have onenote installed on his/her computer.

Refer to the following link for further help in sending the onenote as an attachment:

AddictiveTips ? Blog ArchiveSend OneNote 2010 Notebook To Outlook Email, Word, Blog

Hope this helps

Regards
Dell - Manu T S

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/235852-onenote-sharing-email-page-attachments-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 39.13%

The office network all of a sudden stopped access to a few email accounts, although they still had the same @ domain.

Other email accounts still work which is strange. I tested the accounts from home and they work?

The office computers are running office 2003-2010 so its not a problem with versions.

All computers run off the same network which doesnt have a server or any external firewall. They all run off
a home style network.

A:email accounts wont register on network, yet work from home?

those accounts were having spam problems as well, I'm also on a different ISP then the network

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/274180-email-accounts-wont-register-network-yet-work-home.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I used to be able to check 'work offline' in IE, then open email program offline so I could work in it without new mail coming in until I uncheck 'work offline' but since I went to Windows 7 & IE9, once I open my email program it's 'online'.

Am I missing a setting somewhere or is it just how Windows 7, IE9 works?

Thanks.

A:'Work Offline' reverts to 'Online' when I open email program

Thanks endeavor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/230296-work-offline-reverts-online-when-i-open-email-program.html
Relevancy 38.7%

As the title says I use Microsoft Outlook ' to access my Roadrunner and AOL POP accounts If I send email from either account to one particular friend who uses windstream net and accesses his mail through Windstream's web mail page it disappears without any trace that I can find Not only doesn't he receive my newly composed messages but he does not receive my direct replies either That rules out a misspell There is no evidence other contacts are not receiving my emails I first thought maybe he had me blocked however if I go to either of my two accounts' web based email pages he receives my messages just web fine can't send but mssgs one based work Outlook email to contact, fine And I always receive his emails The only odd thing that might be a clue is that since this began about half of the email he sends me now whether I view them in Outlook or on the web is in plain format with system fonts Sometimes they come to Outlook can't send email to one contact, but web based mssgs work fine me in HTML I never get any delivery failure notification either The last Outlook can't send email to one contact, but web based mssgs work fine time he got one of my emails is when I sent out a July monthly newsletter to about a hundred people including him I usually get the same few failure notifications because some of our members' addresses have changed or can't be found the usual reasons and I need to update my distribution list But he got that letter in July and that's the last time I've been able to send him anything through Outlook on either AOL or Roadrunner But both of those ISPs always deliver mail to him if I use their respective web pages to send it What could be going on I'm thinking it's something with his Windsream net service But if he had me blocked it would also reject me when I send from the web This is an odd one can anyone help Thanks Rusty

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/59904-outlook-cant-send-email-one-contact-but-web-based-mssgs-work-fine.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My Bell email account has been changed over so now email is not received in the live email account. So I setup Bell email on my Windows 7 phone with the info from Bell (imap) and it starts to synch, but then the Live email starts to synch and they both just sit there (until the battery dies on my phone). How do I get the Live email to not synch? Or how do I remove email from my live account? Or what can I do to get email to my windows 7 phone?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436520-changes-outlook-live-mail-have-caused-email-not-work-my-windows-7-phone.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi
Im using Windows 2000 5.0 build 2195, service pack 4

Physical memory available 261,616k

When I try and download AdAware or files received via hotmail & gmail, sometimes it gets about 10% done then stops, sometimes it doesnt start at all.

Im using firefox and ie6

Ive cleared the cache for both, Im allowing 500mb for tempory files (but I've deleted all those), I have 2gb free on my C drive.

I suspect I might not have write rights to my documents&settings/temp file where this stuff would go whilst it was downloading (maybe?) - I've gone into properties for Administrator etc under C:\documents & settings and checked I had full write/read control over everything but thats when I stop pretending I know what I'm doing.

Thanks for helping, if you can!

Cheers

Nathan

ps I can upload large files easily. Youtube and emule also stream/download files no problem.

pps I have unlimited broadband.

A:Can Not Download Files From Net Or Email..streaming Sites & Fileshares Work Fine

this is whats running on my PC when I've shut down pretty much everything, if this helps.could I be missing something important?Cheers chaps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59857/can-not-download-files-from-net-or-emailstreaming-sites-fileshares-work-fine/
Relevancy 38.27%

My computer updated again last night and made some changes that I don't like. For example, removing my yahoo toolbar. It has done this the past several days and usually I can fix it with system restore. This time when it updated it done the same thing, plus more importantly I can not access my email. And the system restore won't work now either. Can you please help me. Gatekeeper45601

A:System Restore wont work and I can't access my Windows Live 2011 email

gatekeeper45601 said:

My computer updated again last night and made some changes that I don't like. For example, removing my yahoo toolbar. It has done this the past several days and usually I can fix it with system restore. This time when it updated it done the same thing, plus more importantly I can not access my email. And the system restore won't work now either. Can you please help me. Gatekeeper45601Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-restore-wont-work-and-i-cant-access-my-windows-live-2011-email.1004808/
Relevancy 38.27%

I keep having the same issues so I think my computer won't email on button back slow, work sites running Computer really hacked, has a virus ir trojan or something It s going really really slow and it used to be fairly fast Everytime I go online it s using way more memory than before even if I have up only one page with no images or video Before mb now gb Sometimes I ll be Computer running really slow, email hacked, back button won't work on sites watching something on hulu and the full screen will turn off as if I m doing something in the background but I m not When I Computer running really slow, email hacked, back button won't work on sites do a search and click on a link if I click the back button it won t go back to the search results It just keeps reloading the same page My internet email has been hacked and my husband s email which I check for him has been hacked I have run a defrag run scans with AVG antivirus and Rootkit scanner Malwarebytes scanner superantispyware scanner All they find are cookies So I figure I have something pretty deeply embedded After the defrag there was an extra gbs of space freed up on my computer the next day I turn it on and that space is gone again I don t know for sure if I have a virus but I think I do What do I do next to get this taken care of Thanks for any and all help sanslumiere

A:Computer running really slow, email hacked, back button won't work on sites

I am running Windows Vista Home 32bit. Browser I use most is IE9. Today the browser shut down because of Data Execution Prevention (DEP). It shuts down quite a bit but I dont recall if this has been the reason or not.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464723/computer-running-really-slow-email-hacked-back-button-wont-work-on-sites/