Windows Support Forum

Opens Windows Mail, not the message

Q: Opens Windows Mail, not the message

I have two laptops Gateway M6880 Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @2.20GHz Windows 7 with service pack 1
4 GB memory 64-bit OS 300 GB Hard drive
Toshiba A665 Intel Core i7-2630M CPU @2.00GHz Windows 7 with service pack 1 8 GB memory 64 -bit OS 600 GB Hard drive

I use Windows Mail on both. on the Gateway I store email messages in my Documents folder under emails, they are stored as a email message .eml. When you click on it, it opens the message. if you right click on it and hit properties it list type of file as ( Windows Mail E-Mail Message (eml)

On the Toshiba it doesn't put the file extension in the heading and when you right click on it and hit properties it EML File (eml) and only opens Windows Mail, not the message. can someone help with this? Bob

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Opens Windows Mail, not the message

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Opens Windows Mail, not the message

Quote: Originally Posted by alastek

1)...On the Toshiba it doesn't put the file extension in the heading
2)...and when you right click on it and hit properties it EML File (eml) and only opens Windows Mail, not the message...

1) What do you mean by "put file extension in the heading"? I would expect to see an extension at the end of the file name in Windows Explorer, but only if the view options have been changed to uncheck "hide extensions for known file types". If you look at the properties the filename should show the extension if it has one. If not, how do you even know it's an email file? If you change the view option does it show up as an eml file in Explorer? Perhaps there is no email program installed in Windows 7.

2) Did you or someone install the Vista email program "Windows Mail" on your Windows 7 PCs or did you mean to say "Windows Live Mail" which would have been part of the suite of programs called "Windows Live Essentials". Either way, Windows 7 did not come with an email program so one would have to have been installed separately in order to open email (.eml) files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/179665-opens-windows-mail-not-message.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Im trying to figure out a customers vista laptop issue. In vista when we go to pictures folder and right click a picture and go to send to menu and choose mail, it asks if you want to attach it which is fine we choose yes then it opens up the compose mail windows ready to type a subject and body message which is also fine, but the issue is it opens up with outlook 2003 mail rather than windows mail.

I already went to default program area in control panel and selected windows mail for everything defaults. But this doesnt fix the issue, anyone know how? Thanks

A:Mail Recipient opens Outlook instead of windows mail...

In Default Programs/Set Program Access and Computer Details/Custom take the drop down arrow and Choose a Default Email Program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mail-recipient-opens-outlook-instead-of-windows-mail-558483.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, when I open Windows mail from the command bar it goes straight to the taskbar and I have to click it to open in a normal window. How can I get it to open in a normal window like it's supposed to do? This is in IE7 64bit, it opens normally in the 32bit version. When it is minimized in the taskbar any left or right click will open it so I cannot just right click it and use a command. I've tried all the obvious stuff and nothing seems to work, I'm at my wit's end and would appreciate any help.

Thanks

A:Windows Mail opens in Taskbar

Originally Posted by moon unit

Hi, when I open Windows mail from the command bar it goes straight to the taskbar and I have to click it to open in a normal window. How can I get it to open in a normal window like it used to? This is in IE7 64bit, it opens normally in the 32bit version. When it is minimized in the taskbar any left or right click will open it so I cannot just right click it and use a command. I've tried all the obvious stuff and nothing seems to work, I'm at my wit's end and would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Hi,

Go to start>windows mail right click on windows mail and go to properties,

change the highlighted area into normal window or maximized.

Let me know the result

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/219507-windows-mail-opens-taskbar.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My sister-in-law?s Window Mail is now inoperative and now wants to use Windows Live Mail instead. I have installed a Windows Live Mail POP account for her on my computer which is working satisfactory but she wants her old Windows Mail messages.

I managed to have save her Windows Mail message store file for her and I am attempting to make it work in Windows Live Mail.
I have replaced the Windows Live Mail message store file with the Windows Mail message store file
but it does not recognise it and when the recover option is used nothing happens.

Any ideas please how I can make the old Windows Mail message store open in Windows Live Mail.

A:How can I make Windows Mail message store work in Windows Live Mail

Read here.
Windows Live Mail - Import Windows Mail Messages

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/284747-how-can-i-make-windows-mail-message-store-work-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 today. It took HOURS! I was assured that I would be able to use my Windows Live Mail but I can't. The program itself opens but there is nothing loaded in it. I went to C drive/Users/Name/App Data/Local/Microsoft/Windows Live Mail and everything is there. I tried to open one an email from there but it wouldn't work. I have an extensive library of folders and saved data and i need to be able to access it. I backed in all up on my external prior to doing the upgrade, but I need Windows Live Mail to function.

So far, I don't like Windows 10. I loved my Windows 7.

Can anyone help me solve this email dilemma?

A:Windows Live Mail opens but won't load

I can't help with your Live Mail but what i did was to down load OE Classic and it has worked really well for me. You can get it here, OE Classic Download

Originally Posted by Nikilet

I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 today. It took HOURS! I was assured that I would be able to use my Windows Live Mail but I can't. The program itself opens but there is nothing loaded in it. I went to C drive/Users/Name/App Data/Local/Microsoft/Windows Live Mail and everything is there. I tried to open one an email from there but it wouldn't work. I have an extensive library of folders and saved data and i need to be able to access it. I backed in all up on my external prior to doing the upgrade, but I need Windows Live Mail to function.

So far, I don't like Windows 10. I loved my Windows 7.

Can anyone help me solve this email dilemma?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/56176-windows-live-mail-opens-but-wont-load.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

When I start windows e-mails, I am receiving all e-mails automatically, but after that with it does not receive the e-mails automatically. It sends automatically , but I have to select "Receive All" to see new e-mails. I am using windows mail
with POP settings.

Also each time I select "Synchronize All" or "Send/Receiving All" an
error message comes up saying "Sorry errors occured while processing
the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more
details". The issue is that the list of errors is empty. But I receive and send emails normally, a part from issue mention in the first paragraph.

Does Anybody has experienced the same thing and hopefuuly help me resolve it?

Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/217820-automatically-receive-e-mail-error-message-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a TOSHIBA A send recieve - but 2000 on 7 Outlook mail Opens won't Windows or laptop about a month old with Windows I didn t want to be bothered with the whole quot buy me after days quot bit so the promo MS Office was uninstalled and I installed Outlook 2000 on Windows 7 - Opens but won't send or recieve mail my perfectly fine legal MS Office that was purchased while in college I paid to Yahoo so I could use Outlook and d l my mail when I went to a wifi place and read offline at home later It worked about times Then it would send but wouldn t recieve mail Now every time I open Outlook it does the Outlook Startup Wizard thing It says another version of Outlook was installed previously and asks if I used a previous version to open mail because it can use the same configurations as that version I have chosen both yes and no it doesn t make a difference it always just goes to the next window The next window says Email Service Options and gives the choice of Internet Mail Corporate or Workgroup or No Internet Mail I have tried both of the first settings and it still doesn t matter It opens the inbox etc ok but then if I push Send Recieve the little delivery window pops up for maybe a second but immediatly disappears For a few times at first it would at least deliver my mail but it has never sent it Now it won t do either just has the window open for a second So I though my configuration might be bad I have put in the Yahoo settings and used default on the numbers ports and also the ones Yahoo said to use I do the SSL and authentication as directed I have put in my username and password everything I can think of Side Note that may be important I previously used to use CCleaner to clean up my files and never had any problems with things after running it But one day I discovered a tool from Windows that came on my computer called Disk Cleanup so I used that instead Seems like my trouble began after that Did it delete a registry or dll file or something My goals are A to get Outlook to quit asking to run the setup wizard EVERY time I open it and B to get it to actually send and recieve my email If anyone could help or if you need more info let me know Thank you so much nbsp

A:Outlook 2000 on Windows 7 - Opens but won't send or recieve mail

Hi seemeflyhi

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

I have removed your e-mail address from your post. All help is to be kept on the forums. Not to mention reducing the potential spam you may receive from posting your e-mail address, on the Internet.
Have you tried using, in Outlook 2000, Help > Detect and Repair
You may need to insert the Office 2000 disk to complete the process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-on-windows-7-opens-but-wont-send-or-recieve-mail.917559/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi - when I downloaded the latest version of Windows Live Messenger, it set the default browser to open Hotmail as Firefox (by right-clicking on messenger icon and going to inbox). I want to set it back to IE, but the other forums direct me to advance settings that don't exist in this version. Please help! :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/windows-live-hotmail-mail-opens-in-firefox-from-messenger-menu-i-want-ie-357105.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using Windows Mail with Win7. It was a struggle but I seem to have everything working except Firefox SendLink and Mailto--it opens Windows Mail (the default) but just the Inbox, not a compose message. Clicking on an email address within an email body works fine (it brings up a compose window). This may be a pure FF problem but I have tried FF 3.6.25, 8.0, and 9.01. I have another computer with winmail and win7 and FF3.6.25 that works fine, and I cannot find any significant differences in the Registry or in FF about:config. The Sendlink issue has been posted to Mozilla by others for some time but I do not see any answers.
--
Just in case anyone here knows a Windows setting I may have overlooked. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows Mail -- Firefox send link opens Inbox not Compose window

I've got similar problems with "mailto" links in Opera working with GMail... basically that's unsolvable... and quite honestly you're better protected with the eMail client in Windows Live Essentials than the older Vista Mail client...

Obviously in your case the link is pointing at the executable, not the new message command...

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/205556-windows-mail-firefox-send-link-opens-inbox-not-compose-window.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
I am using Mail app built in Windows 10. Office 2013 is installed with all applications. If I try to use the SendTo link from Explorer, it opens up Outlook instead of the default Mail app. In default programs, Mail has all his options checked.
How to make the SendTo work properly with Mail app?

A:SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app

I think the problem you will have there will be that SendTo is characterised for programs that take command line arguments.

That doesn't include the universal apps.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/38590-sendto-mail-opens-outlook-instead-mail-app.html
Relevancy 51.17%

When I try to set up a message rule in Windows Mail it will not allow me to select more than one action. Example: I cannot set as actions "delete from the server" *and* "stop processing more rules".
The condition I'm using in conjunction with the above is the one specifying specific words in the message body.
I am using Vista Home Premium 32bit. I can do the above succesfully in Windows XP.
TIA for help

A:Windows Mail message rules

Hello Sarajay,

Welcome to the forums.

Have just tried this myself. If I choose Do not download it from server or Delete it from server, I am not allowed to check any other options. Since the rule is for certain messages, I'm thinking that if you choose either of those rules, then there is nothing else that WM can do with it as all other options are based on the email being downloaded into WM. In XP it may be that when it was deleted from the server, it just ignored the stop processing more rules as there was nothing to process on. Just a guess on my part. Maybe someone else has another thought.

Gary

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/196685-windows-mail-message-rules.html
Relevancy 51.17%

A particular e-mail sent to me is visible on my webmail at my ISP's site, and is also visible on my own machine in MailWasher. But Windows Mail just does not see the message at all. If I was relying on Windows Mail alone, I would not be aware that this message had ever been sent.

There's nothing unusual about my e-mail account, the incoming server is pop3. I receive other messages without problems, there's just one doing this, and I don't see anything unusual about it when I look at it in MailWasher or webmail.

Anything I might tinker with, to make Windows Mail see this message and any others in the future which might behave similarly?

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/260614-windows-mail-cant-see-incoming-message.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My Vist Windows mail has work perfectly until today when it now will not create a new message.

When I press the "Create Mail" button from the Windows Mail Inbox, a New Message window appears with a permanent hourglass icon along with a dimed out Inbox in the background. The only known changes to my system has been running a registry clean from Registry Mechanic. My account setup has not changed and I ran a System Restore to the last known working date with no improvement. Any suggestions will be approved.

My System Specs file contains detailed info about my Vista environment.

A:Cannot Create New Windows Mail Message

I was finally able to resolve the Windows Mail problem using System Restore to several days prior to running the Registy Mechanic Cleaner. Don't know if Registy Mechanic was the problem but everything appears to be working now.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/264738-cannot-create-new-windows-mail-message.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Does Vista/ Windows Mail have the capability of delaying the sending of a message like the Do Not Send Before function on Outlook Express. If so where is it?

A:Windows Mail Delay Message

Its not in the email client, but perhaps you can go to task scheduler and set it up. It may take some resarch and expertise, but take a look.

Type task scheduler in search to get started.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/268563-windows-mail-delay-message.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All:
I have a new build. Loaded Windows 7, Home Premium 64 bit. It runs OK except when I click on the mail icon I get the following error message for Windows Internet Explorer: "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed." I reloaded it with no help. The software is an OEM builders version so Microsoft wouldn't help me with a fix. Hope you can here.TIA
VR
Vinny D

A:Windows 7, IE mail error message

Why dont you download and install `mozilla Thunderbird` its miles better than the MS one, thats what i did and ive used TBird for years, its brilliant

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267663/windows-7-ie-mail-error-message/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone I'm having a problem loading Windows Mail on bit Vista Whether I click the icon from my Start Menu Programs List or directly from the C Program Files Windows Mail directory I get the following error message quot WinMail exe Mail Error Message Windows - Bad Image C Windows system MSOEACCT dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support quot After I click quot OK quot I get the following error message quot Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE dll could not be loaded quot I searched for the error message on Google and tried the following Setting my default mail program to Windows Mail Ran sfc scannow Tried re-registering the msoeacct dll file with the command quot regsvr MSOEACCT dll quot and got the following error quot Windows Mail Error Message The Module quot MSOEACCT Windows Mail Error Message dll quot may not compatible with the version of Windows that you're running Check if the module is compatible with an x -bit or x -bit version of regsvr exe quot I also installed Windows Live Mail which works But I'd really Windows Mail Error Message like to get Windows Mail working again if possible Anyone have any ideas Thanks

A:Windows Mail Error Message

Hello :)

It appears that the MSOEACCT.dll may have been corrupted during an installation or update,

Was this an OEM version of vista or did you upgrade the PC to vista, If you upgraded the PC to vista then its possible that during an update that the file was no longer recognised as Microsoft have ceased windows mail support in favour of windows live mail.

Try this

1.Navigate to:

Start\Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features\Uninstall A program

2. Locate and right click "Windows Mail"

You should now have three options,

3. Select the "Repair" option

4. Follow the steps presented to you on the screen and after the repair is complete please restart the computer as the files will be purged and re-written on boot.

If you are still having issues with this then please let me know,
Unfortunately you cannot try a re installation as Microsoft have stopped supporting windows mail since windows live mail was released.

Regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-mail-error-message-346008.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have the mail app open to its minimum size on the side of the desktop. then I open a message in a separate window.
Now, how do I close the message without everything moving around on my desktop?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/37063-close-message-windows-8-1-mail-app.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello.

We used to have several "Message Rules" organize incoming email in Windows Live Mail. How do you set up Message Rules or the equivalent in Windows 10?

Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/63375-how-do-you-create-message-rules-windows-live-mail-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,
When I am in Windows Live email and I navigate away from the page to a link I get a message that states "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Then I click "OK" and it goes away until the next time. All was working fine until a few months ago. Please advise.
Thanks
Chip

A:Error message on Windows Live Mail

Try this. Right click WLM in All Programs and follow steps 1 through 4 in the image. Now test WLM. If it's resolved, click next in step 4 and save the settings. If not try again using different setting in step 5. Let use know how things go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-windows-live-mail.1007037/
Relevancy 50.74%

We use Windows Mail Exporting Problem Windows Message Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit We have had intermittent sucess in exporting Windows Mail Messages We perform the traditional Exporting Windows Mail Message Problem steps and receive an error Exporting Windows Mail Message Problem Steps Open Windows Mail Click File Point at Export and then select Messages Select Microsoft Windows Mail in the Select Program window and then click Next Click Browse in the next window to choose a place to save the backup Navigate to where you want to save the backed up e-mail in the Save box When you ve navigated to where you want to save the backup type the name of the backup in the Folder box and then click Select Folder Click Next in the Windows Mail Export window to select what to export Select All to export everything or choose a certain folder to export messages from in the Select Folders window Click Next to start the backup We receive below error messages quot An Error has occured quot -- Windows Mail was unable to export all your messages Your disk may not have enough space for all the exported mesages or some of the messages you're exporting may be corrupted Run Disk clean up or delete some files then try again We have gig of space available Our last mail export was meg We have performed disk clean up and still get same message What are we doing wrong

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/234860-exporting-windows-mail-message-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Greetings,

Anybody experienced issues with message filters / rules? whatever i try they dont work. i imported the rules from windows mail (where they worked just fine) and since windows live mail rules simply dont work. any advice or experience on this topic?
Thanks and best regards, Onno

http://www.vistax64.com/software/147956-windows-live-mail-message-rules.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,
I hope this is the right place to ask for some help.
When I start WLM on my 8.1 I receive a lot (for each OK or enter) of error popups

"title : Outlook Express FolderSync Windows Class : Wlmail. exe Entry point ...
Error : The procedure entry point ...crtCreateSymbolclinkW could not be located in dyanamic link library C:\Program files (x86)\supta\msvcp110.dll

I have created a gmail account and I requested to sync the account with WLM and now I receive these errors popups in WLM.
Most of my email goes now to the Gmail and not to the WLM inbox.

Thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557466/windows-live-mail-error-message/
Relevancy 50.74%

Alright, I AM a novice. Question: When I select photos to email from My Pictures, and see them scan, WHERE do I
find that email message? Assumedly have searched my Windows Live Mail totally with no luck.

A:Hidden Windows Live Mail New Message

First off, make sure that Windows Live Mail is set as the default email program. If you have another email program such as Ms Outlook or Thunderbird, then it's possible the new message is being created in the other default program. Here's a guide to setting the default email program in windows seven. How to Make Windows Mail Your Default Windows Email Program - About Email

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hidden-windows-live-mail-new-message-655408.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have a question relating to the use of the Message rules facility, in Windows Live Mail 2011.

In the attached Screenshot, it can be seen that there is an entry in the lower part of the window which states "Apply this rule AFTER the message arrives". I find this to very confusing. Having selected the "Do not Download it from the server" in the 'Actions' section, how can the Action be complied with, if the rule is only applied after the Spam message is in my In Box??
OR, is this meant to indicate that any future Spam emails which totally conform to the 'rejection' parameters, will not be downloaded, after the initial Spam email?

This doesn't seem to work anyway, since having carefully set up a particular rule for a received Spam email, the same Spam emails are still being downloaded to my In Box!

Any clarification would be most welcome

A:Message Rules in Windows Live Mail

Are yoou trying to setup rules for your WLM account? If so, see this text on the dialog: Note:You can't use rules for IMAP or HTTP email accounts like Windows Live Hotmail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/246533-message-rules-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi. I am trying to print a message which is in my Live Mail Inbox folder. In Vista I would either right click on the message and select Print in the context menu or I would use File-> Print from the top menu. With Live Mail there is no Print option after a right click, and there is no File option in the top menu.

Ken

A:How To Print A Message in Windows Live Mail

Windows Live Mail 2011
It the icon upper right looks like a envelope

or you could try cntrl p on the keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/123043-how-print-message-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Help! I have a co-worker who is having issues with her Windows mail sending 84 copies of each email.

A:Windows Mail sending 84 copies of same message

Most common reason for this is anti virus scanning of the email. Turn off that feature or turn off antivirus, as a test. Then report back

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/281953-windows-mail-sending-84-copies-same-message.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Windows Mail suddenly stopped showing message text in the message preview pane, in the open message window and in the compose message window. headers display normally. As far as we can tell, everything else is working properly. The computer was turned on but idle. Mail worked properly until my wife went to bed. The next morning, she could not see the body of any message. Nothing was changed (by us) between the last time it worked and when it stopped. Nonetheless, I restored to a point a couple of days prior, to no avail. We had a similar problem with OE6 on one of our XP machines, which was never resolved.

A:Windows mail will not show message body

System info: Acer Aspire X1200 running Home Premium SP1, 4GB RAM. Virus protection is AVG 8.5.392 with email scanning disabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-mail-will-not-show-message-body-395735.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Whenever I start Windows Live Mail I get an error message after the mail is delivered that states

"There was an error when attempting to connect to the Windows Live Calendar service. If the error persists, check to see if there's an upgrade of Windows Live Mail available or contact a service representative."

Also, the calendar is not opening when I click on 'calendar'. I use a large box for the calendar pick that once showed events even without clicking but now shows nothing. And as stated, nothing happens when I click it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-live-mail-error-message-1112457.html
Relevancy 50.74%

HI I have windows 7 home premium with windows live mail and my email is outlook.com.
been trying to use the message rules but failed completely.
This what i have done
Clicked on the message rule folder
Box opens up
Ticked the top box (where the from line contains people)
Ticked the top box ( move to specified folder)
Selected the email required to be moved, But when I get to the specified section in the last box when I select that item only the (outbox) shows up I thought that there would be an option to choose the folder I made under the inbox in my outlook.com emai.

Any help here please.

thanks in advance.

A:Message rules in windows live mail

WLM message rules only work for POP accounts.
What type of access do you have your Outlook.com email address using in WLM?
Maybe you are using HTTP and that's why you have the issue?
My Outlook.com account shown below in WLM 2011 is setup for POP3.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/285431-message-rules-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Error Number: 0x80004005 comes up when checking mail - what to do? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-windows-mail-error-message.1047921/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Vista Home Premium bit I tried to send an email with attachments but the file is so large that I get an error message and that the server stuck in message Mail Windows outbox has closed I realised I had made a mistake in not reducing the size of the files A drawings in colour - I have since acquired Photoshop and greatly reduced the image sizes The problem begins whenever I open Windows Mail I do not get the mail default window but the window for sending a new message the implication being that I Windows Mail message stuck in outbox cannot access inbox outbox sent etc When I click on send amp receive on the new message window I have a smaller window stating that it is attempting to send the oversized email - which of course never is completed a How do I delete the attachments of them and the email concerned b How do I restore the Windows Mail default page that should automatically open Until I can return to Windows Mail I am running Windows Mail Live - which is OK but I'd like to remove the attachments on the message in my out box which I fear will create other problems Regards

A:Windows Mail message stuck in outbox

Hi, billwatters, and welcome to the forums.

Take a look at Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a computer that is running Windows Vista and see if it helps resolve your issue.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/172196-windows-mail-message-stuck-outbox.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ever since i had to begin using Windows Live mail on a newly built PC with Win.7 installed 18 months ago, i've had nothing but trouble with Window Live Mail.
Day after day,i get the error message ''An error has occurred while trying to open this message. A problem has occurred please try again''
This happens when trying to read messages,delete mesages,move messages,try to compose new e-mails  - in fact almost everything. If i shut my PC down completely & then re-boot it,it usually begins to work again. Has anybody got an idea regarding what might be happening ?. I can't reply to important e-mails without a shut down & re-boot. With Win.XP & Outlook Express which i used for over 8 years,i never had one problem - ever,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Cheers

A:Windows Live Mail error message.

Try this fix... http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/105595.aspx .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544362/windows-live-mail-error-message/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm using the simple Windows 10 mail app. Under "Accounts" I have an IMAP mail account and it has no indicator (no number) next to the account name indicating number of unread mails. That makes sense because I have no unread mail in that account. It's a gmail based account, and when I access via the web, there's no unread mail shown there either.

However, when I click on the account and I am looking under Folders, the Inbox items has a "1" indicating there's one unread mail note. I can't find any unread mail in the Inbox. I've closed the program and restarted it, and tried resyncing, but the indicator is still there.

Any ideas on where this "phantom" unread count comes from?

A:Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message

I do not use the Mail app.
I had a similar situation with my Windows Live Mail.
The icon at the taskbar indicated there was an unread mail.
I read it and then put it away or deleted it. The taskbar icon still showed 1 unread mail.
I had to click the send/Receive button to clear it.

So, in short, it can be just the matter of running "Refresh" option.
Is there such an option in Mail app?.........................Right click inside the Inbox > Refresh.
I have to ask because I have uninstalled Mail app and therefore cannot test it myself.
I don't know if that makes any sense to you using the Mail app.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/39122-windows-10-mail-indicates-phantom-unread-message.html
Relevancy 50.74%

how do I import incredimail message and contacts folders to windows mail

A:incredimail to windows mail message transfer

I have just had to do this myself. I copied all the emails I wanted from
Incredimail onto my memory stick. Then I opened them all up via Windows
Explorer. With each email I then typed ALT, F, M which basically moved each
email into where I wanted them into Windows Mail. It took about 5-10 mins
to do 100 or so emails.... That was my slow and messy way to do it, but it
got the job done so I could start functioning a lot better with the new
program!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269825-incredimail-windows-mail-message-transfer.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Sudenly, I can't receive e-mail using Windows Mail. I get an error message that says "Please verify that the user name and password are correct for your mail server." I verify the information, but the message just comes back. If I delete the message, it says:
"Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR internal server error', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

I've tried turning off my virus protection, deleting and re-adding my account, but the problem doesn't go away.

A:Windows Mail password error message

Try to see if you can access your email using the web browser interface. It may be a temporary issue at their end which is preventing you from having access via Windows Mail.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/241267-windows-mail-password-error-message.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me! I am reasonably computer literate (started when Win 3.1 was the current OS) but new to Win 10 which I have just acquired pre installed on a new PC.
I use WLM and got it running well on two separate accounts on my PC. I then looked at Outlook to see if it was any better. On returning to WLM I got an error message as shown below. This now appears every time I open WLM on that account, on the other account there is no problem. I have tried everything I can, with help from a user guide, to correct what I suspect is a mistake on my part but cannot fix the error. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

A:Windows Live Mail error message

See if this will help.

Go to your Programs and Features > scroll down to Windows Essentials (2011, or 2012 ) > right click at it > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.
See if Repair will fix the problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/42312-windows-live-mail-error-message.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This might sound a silly question but, I have a dual boot win 7 system with 64 bit on one drive and 32 bit on the other.(for older programs).
I have successfully re-established Windows Mail on both and would really like to be able to synchronise the message folders so that they are both updated whichever boot I am in.

It is a home PC situation, no network involved, although I have a wireless LAN which links in a notebook and The Sony TV dongle.

Is it possible to directly sync between the message folders? Or must I build a small network and put the files there?

Hope this doesn't make someone fall out of their chair laughing.

Bobthequill

A:synchronise Windows Mail message folders?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bobthequill

...Is it possible to directly sync between the message folders? Or must I build a small network and put the files there?...

Even if you build a network, I don't see how two instances of WLM can use the same folders unless they are all at the email server. That's why IMAP was created. All the mail folders that you want to be the same even when used by more than one PC must be on the email service provider's web server. Then each email program logged in to the server with the same credentials will be using the same folders (the ones on the server). The email program syncs it's IMAP accounts with what is on the server.

It's unfortunate that Microsoft chose to use the word "sync" when they mean "send and receive". There is no syncing involved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/149141-synchronise-windows-mail-message-folders.html
Relevancy 50.31%

How do you do this? I can backup accounts, messages and contacts, but nowhere do I see how to backup message rules.

On another note, is there a quick, free tool for backing up everything in Windows Live Mail?

Thanks.

A:Backup Windows Live Mail Message Rules

Go to file
Import and export.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/108736-backup-windows-live-mail-message-rules.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When I receive emails with a link to web sites, I can not click on the link to be redirected, (other than right clicking copy and paste into browser). Instead, I receive an error message that reads: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is installed, create an association in the Default Programs Control Panel". Any suggestions?

A:Solved: Windows Live Mail Error message

What's your Web browser?

If it's Internet Explorer, make sure it's set as your default browser.

Open IE, click Tools > Internet Options > Programs:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-live-mail-error-message.1039884/
Relevancy 50.31%

Using Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726
This is going to sound trivial but is really not.

When closing out an open message by clicking on red X, the program quits but the message stays open. This is NOT simply inadvertently hitting the program x instead of the message x. I have tried reducing the size of the open message and moving it away from the program x, and it still happens. If I close a message using File>Close it doesn't happen, so it's something to do with the red x. This results in me having to re-open the program constantly. If no-one can solve this - is there a way to re-open the program from an open message?
I'm not a newbie, and have searched several threads looking for an answer. Thanks in advance!

A:Windows Live Mail quits when closing message

Hi socalgal, I don't use WindowsLive mail, but there are a number of people here who do http://windowslive.com/Connect/Post/...a-1919d8710553

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/83528-windows-live-mail-quits-when-closing-message.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I used Windows Outlook Express for as long as it was available with NO problems EVER message. Windows has 'An Mail ocurred' error Live - I had a new PC custom built with Win Home Premium bit installed My old PC 'died' I downloaded Windows Live Mail - 'An error has ocurred' message. amp installed Win Live Mail amp i've had serious trouble with it ever since Every week or times when i try to send or open an e-mail i get the message - ''A problem ocurred when trying to send open this message'' It's not a problem with any Anti-virus etc that i have when it first ocurred all i had Windows Live Mail - 'An error has ocurred' message. was M soft Security Essentials that was in the first week i had Live Mail installed I've 'repaired' it countless times i've also un-installed amp re-installed it almost as many times It's a short term fix - period I also have problems with trying to delete quot received quot e-mails at times I did find is that if i move them to the 'deleted' folder usually i can deleted them I have to say that having searched the I net for solutions to my own problem amp having seen the vast number of 'other' problems that other users have that Live Mail is seriously faulty Not only that but as users as usual we're left to try to help one another without any 'hands on' help from M soft I'm sure that M soft are well aware of this problem but i haven't found one 'fix' from them Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place but i haven't found one on here Saska

A:Windows Live Mail - 'An error has ocurred' message.

Saska,

Make sure you back up your email accts.
Export your email acct IAF settings.
Create a restore point.
The image below show the name of the WLM version I installed and it works fine.
klx

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/335482-windows-live-mail-error-has-ocurred-message.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have four Windows 7 machines with Windows Live Mail on each machine. I have been able to transfer my messages and contacts from one machine to another just fine. What I want to do now is transfer the message rules from one machine to all the others.

Does anyone know how to export and import message rules?

Thanks

A:Transfering Message Rules in Windows Live Mail

In the Registry
export the key
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Rules]

to a file. Take the file to the other computer, and merge it into that registry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/37038-transfering-message-rules-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Out of the blue, I am getting this error message. No clue how to fix it. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired... still won't fully work.
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail account.
Server Error: 0x8DE00005
Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005
Computer - Dell Inspirion - Windows 7. (Can't upgrade, the Bios is 4 years old.. how ancient.. lame of you Dell)

A:Windows Live Mail 2012 error message

Mine is currently still working for now, but I'm pretty sure this is why you're seeing the error: Windows Live Mail 2012 will no longer work with Outlook.com accounts after June 30

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435702-windows-live-mail-2012-error-message.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have migrated all my mail messages from outlook express to Windows Live Mail.
Everything went OK, except that WLM won't import message from before august 20, 1997.
Any ideas?

A:Old outlook express message to Windows Live Mail

Welcome

Dont know what the problem but this is the correct import procedure. Is that what you are doing?
Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/91873-old-outlook-express-message-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 50.31%

A problem has occurred while trying to open this message.
A problem has occurred. Please try again.

When I click on EMAIL MESSAGE (to create a new email message)
OR
When I click on REPLY, REPLY ALL, or FORWARD
I receive the following message:

A problem has occurred while trying to open this message.
A problem has occurred. Please try again.

Would someone point me in the direction to try to figure out what my problem is?
I am using Windows Live Mail. Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 601065 MB, Free - 507381 MB; I: Total - 114442 MB, Free - 17628 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0M017G, A00, ..CN744319CE0699.
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

A:Solved: Windows Live Mail Error Message

Can you try disabling your antivirus and sending the email.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-live-mail-error-message.990792/
Relevancy 50.31%
A:error message when sending attachments in windows mail

Welcome to Seven Forums lewis shaw. You are using Windows Live Mail (WLM)? The error you received is often caused by the email scanning part of various antivirus programs. Try disabling your AV program momentarily to see if you can send an attachment.

What AV program are you using, and how large is the attachment you are trying to send? Or does any size attachment cause this error? Did this problem just begin? If so, you might try a System Restore point from before the problem began. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/226938-error-message-when-sending-attachments-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I tried to send my friend an email with an .mp3 file attached.

Since then, whenever Windows Live Mail syncs with my email account, I get an error message saying:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (username) account." It then gives the subject of the email in question, along with Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004004.

I have checked my Sent messages folder, and the email I sent is not in that folder.

Is there any way to stop this message appearing, or cancel sending the email?

Edit: I have now noticed that whenever I have an incoming email, the message box comes up as well, saying it is trying to receive messages, which it never used to do. Although I manage to receive the incoming email, the other email that I tried to send to my friend still does not send, and I get the error messages again.

A:Error message when syncing in Windows Live Mail

I've actually sorted out the problem now. I just had to delete the message from my Outbox.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312262/error-message-when-syncing-in-windows-live-mail/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have the same header Live message don't and Windows Header Mail: match message mismatch problem described in this Windows Live Mail: Header and message don't match thread but only in one message store folder I click on a header for a message from say and what opens is instead a message from say There is no rhyme or reason to it--at least none that's apparent to me I assume the process outlined in the past thread will fix it But since nothing but this one folder is giving me problems I wonder if I can just have that one folder rebuilt because all the processing time and then manual moving of messages is something I'd rather avoid This particular folder wasn't created in Windows Live Mail but has migrated from Outlook to Windows Mail and now to Windows Live Mail and let's see four PCs along the way The folder got hashed at some point when I was using Windows Mail and then the mixed up data got faithfully imported when I upgraded to Windows Live Mail By the way the problem folder has more than messages in it Is that perhaps part of the problem i e is there a limit Or perhaps was there a limit in Windows Mail and that's why my data got pureed Thanks to any and all

http://www.vistax64.com/software/211747-windows-live-mail-header-message-dont-match.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
I just bought a new notebook with Windows 8.1 und do not manage to get the Mail program started.

I am using 8.1 with a local user only, I do not want to register with a Microsoft account.
I searched in a couple of forums, and then changed some settings via regedit (MSAOptional in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System)

Now the Mail program is not asking for a Microsoft account any more and directly brings me to a start screen where I can enter a mail address and password. However, when I enter my gmail address and pw, I get an error message 'We cannot find settings for [email protected]'. I also tried to go into the settings menu of the Mail programm (which appears on the right side of the screen>), but there are no options to add an account or similar.Does anyone know how to get the mail program running?

Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/64275-error-message-windows-8-1-mail-local-user.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello:

All of a sudden using Win7, Windows Live mail I click on a message and get "Message can not be found" and I cannot delete it. If it is in a group, the group cannot be deleted.

Can anyone please show me or tell me how to remedy this problem?

Uncle Gus

A:Message cannot be found in Windows live mail and will not delete

Welcome to Seven Forums Uncle Gus. This is often caused by the mail scanning portion of various Antivirus programs. It's possible an AV update caused this. You could try disabling your AV temporarily to see if it "fixes" the problem. You might also have the ability to just disable the email scanner.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/266141-message-cannot-found-windows-live-mail-will-not-delete.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have WLM 2011 on my desktop running Vista and the message rules (I use the color coding) work beautifully.

I have it on my laptop running Windows 7 and shen I click to apply, it states that rules have been applied, but it won't color code. Should I have WLM 2012 instead of 2011, or isn't it going to make any difference?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/392798-why-dont-message-rules-work-my-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So is there any way to reduce the message size so it fits in the preview pane? (like how you can hit ctrl+scroll wheel and change the IE8 font on a web page)

I upgraded from XP and am very impressed so far with 7 but the mail program hasn't changed much.

Thanks!

A:Windows Mail - Message too large in Preview Pane

Nevermind...I think I found it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/36169-windows-mail-message-too-large-preview-pane.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a chronic error message on my Windows Live Mail. I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit.
Server error 550
Server smtp comcast.net
WLM Error ID0x800CC79
protocol SMTP
Port 587

I'm no longer interested in sending the message. I just want to stop the error window from popping up every time I use my Windows Live email.

A:Solved: Windows Live Mail error message

Accounts
select your email account
Properties
Servers tab,
at the bottom,
check the box "My server requires authentication"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-live-mail-error-message.1051173/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I have Windows 7 Starter and I had it for 2 months now. Just lately -like few days ago- Windows Live Mail randomly just crashes and the error message pops up like "Windows Live Mail has stopped working" with details like "a program has caused to stop working, we'll find solutions if we can"

I appreciate your help. I looked through this forum, and one solution was to delete the folder "Windows Live Contact" but I don't think this is the solution.

Thank you.

A:Windows Live Mail crashes randomly ( error message too)

Look in event viewer, there may be a more detailed error message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/83555-windows-live-mail-crashes-randomly-error-message-too.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, hope this is the right place for this.

I use Firefox as my default browser but I also have Opera.

When I click a link in a Windows Mail message it automatically opens it in Opera not Firefox. How can I change this?

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Opening Embedded Message Links in Windows Mail

Hi,

Sorry it took so long for someone to get to your question. I would recommend following these directions they will help you get your mail program set up in Firefox. If you have any question please ask.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-opening-embedded-message-links-in-windows-mail-507324.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Does anyone actually understand the Message Store I've discovered some strange behavior in Windows Mail Mail folders holding in Windows Message.Store onto deleted My Message Store recently corrupted so I let it rebuild itself In looking for messages that disappeared I found that the message store is using Windows Mail holding onto deleted folders in Message.Store folders I deleted and saving folders in the wrong places Looking at the image above the reader xsusenet com folder has been deleted from Windows Mail but is still in the Message Store There are two free xsusenet com folders In my current Windows Mail I have discussion groups Those three are located Windows Mail holding onto deleted folders in Message.Store in the free xsusenet com folder of the Message Store with others I'm not subscribed to Those do not appear in Windows Mail I am not subscribed to any in the free xsusenet com folder New folders I create in Windows Mail have been put in Local Folders Inbox but all my other folders are stored in Local Folders I create folders for support requests by ticket number and company Windows Mail holding onto deleted folders in Message.Store Later I created a quot Support Tickets quot folder and put all of those folders in it I also created a quot Completed quot sub-folder for one company In Windows Mail everything appears correct In the Message Store none of those folders got moved How can I correct this misplacement of files and folders I'm afraid if I try to move things around manually the file is only going to rebuild itself again and create more useless folders

A:Windows Mail holding onto deleted folders in Message.Store

I just exported all messages to a folder and even that is screwed up. Currently, there are 2 junk emails in the Junk Mail folder. Message.Store shows 23 in two different folders and Windows Mail exported 6 to the new folder.

Is there a way to set the folders up the way they should be and then import them into Windows Mail to replace what is there without duplicating all my emails (I have thousands)?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/303739-windows-mail-holding-onto-deleted-folders-message-store.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My apologies if this has been gone over before but i'm asking this in desperation almost I used Outlook Express for years "A occurred....... problem Windows Mail message error Live - when i had Win XP on my old PC without a single problem In the last months since i've had my new PC Win Home Premium bit i've had to use Windows Live Mail amp it's utter c p Almost every day without fail when trying to send or open an e-mail i get the rerror message attached The only way i can get Live Mail to send or open any e-mail is to log off amp re-boot my PC which is a PITA especially as when a few months ago i was taking part in some pretty lively correspondence on line Is there a definitive cure for this problem other than switching to another e-mail system I've searched the I net for a solution but all i find areboat loads of others with Windows Live Mail error message - "A problem occurred....... exactly the same problem amp no answer amp definitely no respose from Microsoft I would get rid of Live Mail amp install another mail system if only i was sure that i wouldn't make a total mess of it as i'm not PC literate So any serious advice will be deeply appreciated

A:Windows Live Mail error message - "A problem occurred.......

Unfortunately, that error message is pretty generic -- without some sort of error code, it's hard to troubelshoot.

You can try going to the Start menu, select Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features. Select Windows Live Essentials from the list of programs, select Uninstall/Change at the top menu bar, and then select Repair all Windows Live Programs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572893/windows-live-mail-error-message-a-problem-occurred/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, recently I had ended the process of Windows Live Mail due to the program freezing up on my computer. Upon restarting the program, I could not reply to e-mails, and I also cannot write new e-mails. There may have been some e-mails that I cannot open at all, but I am not sure.

I am reluctant to delete all of my messages and to a complete 100% clean installation because I have thousands of e-mails from two accounts that need to be backed up.

I prefer an alternate solution if possible.

I have already did the uninstall from "Programs" and re-installed the software. I had deleted various registry keys that some sites had recommended to people with a similar issue.

I had posted on the microsoft forums, but have yet to receive a reply. I am hoping that somebody here can help advise me on this issue.

A:A problem has occurred when trying to open this message - windows live mail

Have you tried repairing windows live essentials?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/297719-problem-has-occurred-when-trying-open-message-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Just installed Windows Live Mail -- running under Windows bit Program pulls in incoming mail with no problem from server and will send out quot replies quot to received mail However I can t seem to open a window to create a new outgoing message NOTHING happens I get the error message quot C Windows Micros oft Net Framework v could not be loaded quot I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as quot repairing quot via the Won't Mail Load Outgoing Live 2011 Message Windows Windows Live repair tool -- all to no avail Does anyone have any Windows Live Mail 2011 Won't Load Outgoing Message suggestions HELP Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -CM Rev X x MF A G Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-mail-2011-wont-load-outgoing-message.1002753/
Relevancy 49.45%

Is it possible for the program NOT to open the next message when deleting the current, opened message? If I delete the current opened message, I want the message window to close and go back to the Inbox. Currently, upon delete, the window opens to the next message from the Inbox.

A:Windows Live Mail 2011 - Do not open next message on delete?

Quote: Originally Posted by iskortch

Is it possible for the program NOT to open the next message when deleting the current, opened message? If I delete the current opened message, I want the message window to close and go back to the Inbox. Currently, upon delete, the window opens to the next message from the Inbox.

Instead of deleting it while open, close it first and right-click on it to delete it from the list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/208558-windows-live-mail-2011-do-not-open-next-message-delete.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,
Any idea why the contents of certain emails I receive in Windows Live Mail are displayed ok whereas the same email received via Outlook and Mail for Windows 10 shows only in part, are aligned way to the right of the screen, and so cannot be viewed in full.
Any work around?
Thanks,
Pete
===========

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/62366-mail-windows-only-showing-part-incoming-email-message.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,
how can I view a email mesage in plain/text in Windows Live Mail ?

In Thunderbird, there is an option to switch between text/plain and text/html views if the message has both contents.

thanks,
Tex

A:Windows Live Mail, how to view message in plain text ?

found it:

Increase your email security by reading all email in plain text

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/184957-windows-live-mail-how-view-message-plain-text.html
Relevancy 49.45%

{I did post to the correct section but didn't receive a reply so far}
Hi,
Any idea why the contents of certain emails I receive in Windows Live Mail are displayed ok whereas the same email received via Mail for Windows 10 shows only in part, are aligned way to the right of the screen, and so cannot be viewed in full.
Any work around?
See attached pics.
Thanks,
Pete

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/62509-mail-windows-only-showing-part-incoming-email-message.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I turned my laptop on to check today's emails. (Yesterday all was fine).
Windows Live Mail announced that it cannot find the Message Folders.
I've tried to restore to yesterday (before installing latest "Critical Windows Update"), but it FAILED.
I've since been told to "Un-Restore" the Failed System Restore - but that also FAILS !
HELP !
I've got around 4,000 VERY IMPORTANT emails, stored in around 30 Personal Message Folders, and I appear to have lost the lot !

A:Windows Live Mail has just Lost all my Message Folders and Contents.

In Windows Explorer
Select Computer
in the uppper right hand corner of the window is a search box
enter the following in the search box:kind:E-mail
This should locate any .eml files.

Once you know if the eMail files exist, you can then try to solve the issue posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/313882-windows-live-mail-has-just-lost-all-my-message-folders-contents.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to search one of my WLM 2011 folders for a word that appears in the text of the folder's messages. I see that in 2009, there was some concern about doing this, which directed people to LiveMailFix.reg, but since I have WLM 2011 and that thread is some years old, I'm guessing that problem has been fixed. Correct?

In any case, how do I perform this search? I admit I need some hand-holding on this one.

Thanks.

A:Search message text Windows Live Mail 2011

Quote: Originally Posted by gogreen

...how do I perform this search?...

The registry patch has to do with using "Windows Search" for email. I have not had any problem using the WLM feature "Edit/Find/Message" (instead of Windows Search) for WLM 2009. First click on the folder you want to search within WLM. Then, in the dialog box that pops up you enter the text you're searching for in the "Message" box.

(As a matter of fact, I had to tell Windows Search not to include email when doing normal indexing/searching for documents, pictures, favorites, etc. because I have so many messages saved that the email results swamp out everything else. When I want to search email I do it within the email program as described above.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/183727-search-message-text-windows-live-mail-2011-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am trying to create a message rule in Windows Live Mail Desktop. For example, I want a rule to automatically place any email from Pay Pal, to a folder I created named Pay Pal. But when I chose the option "specified folder", only the Outbox shows up as a list of folder options to move this to.

Is this happening for anyone else? What could be the problem?

A:Windows Live Mail - Message Rules, Folders not showing

Hi

Tools>message rules>mail>message is from specified account>move to specified folder

I think that you forgot to check where it is from a specified account.

I have wlm, if you give me step by step of what you are doing I know I can work it out for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/67715-windows-live-mail-message-rules-folders-not-showing.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have always used Message Rules in my Windows Mail Program (not the web one)

However it was a Pop account
Now I have changed my internet provider and deleted that account

I have now added a Gmail IMAP Account to Windows Mail

But cannot seem to get it to set the message rules where I get emails to be highlighted in different colours for each sender

Is it still possible please?

A:Windows Mail Program on Pc .. Message Rules Stopped Working

Hi jo69, welcome to Seven Forums.
I have never attempted to do what you do but, I do use Gmail in WLM 2012 using POP, why not change from IMAP to POP, it worked for you in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/314928-windows-mail-program-pc-message-rules-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Just put a new HD in, and did a clean install of Windows 8 RTM x64. Had it on previously, and all ran fine.
After this install, one issue I have is with the MAIL app on metro. I click on it, it opens, then closes. If I click on it in the top left of the screen on the open bar, its there, and does the same thing.
Any idea how to fix this?

A:MAIL app opens then closes

Originally Posted by gizbug

Just put a new HD in, and did a clean install of Windows 8 RTM x64. Had it on previously, and all ran fine.
After this install, one issue I have is with the MAIL app on metro. I click on it, it opens, then closes. If I click on it in the top left of the screen on the open bar, its there, and does the same thing.
Any idea how to fix this?

Same issue in this thread: Mail App Crashing on Startup

Haven't been able to load it since. Having to do a re-install of the OS isn't really an option.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/8664-mail-app-opens-then-closes.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Does anyone know how to change the font of the message list in Windows Live Mail 2011? When I set the message list view to one-line view the subject of unread messages in the message list is bold Calibri and I can't stand it. When I read the email the font changes and is fine. When I change to two-line view the font is fine.

On my other laptop with Windows Live Mail 2011 the font is not Calibri and it's fine. The only difference between the 2 laptops is that I installed IE9 on this one before I installed Windows Live Essentials 2011. I have since uninstalled IE9 because I didn't like it. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the difference of the one-line message view font.

I've searched high and low for a way to change the message view font in one-line view from Calibri.

Can anyone help me?

A:Windows Live Mail 2011 Message List Font Change??

See my image for how-to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/155686-windows-live-mail-2011-message-list-font-change.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Windows Live Mail closes unexpectedly repeatedly without error message and one account disappeared I have multiple accounts being used for years on Windows Live Mail - Version - Build on XP Pro SP Recently Windows Live Mail closes unexpectedly repeatedly without error message Then as I kept trying to figure out I noticed one account disappeared I think that happened later I message error Mail unexpectedly without repeatedly closes Windows Live have the ENTIRE WL MAIL Log file To track why this was happening I went offline mode and it would not crash So I figured it was something to do with the Sync So I disabled the Auto Sync for every account I had and did manual syncs for one account at a time Found the account that was causing this Its a hotmail account I signed into Hotmail and all seems ok I am posting the follow lines from the LOG when I manually synched that account from WL Mail a few times I could try to trace back into the LOGS Windows Live Mail closes unexpectedly repeatedly without error message as to when this drama actually started originally and post that and or most of it Let me know if someone can help dissect Windows Live Mail issues Found its due to Sync of one account Error Log info posted Wonder who can fix this Code Log opened - - T Z Windows Live Mail Mail Zone MailChk ERROR pmailutils cpp failed with x Mail Zone MailChk ERROR subscribelivecontacts cpp failed with x e Mail Zone MailChk ERROR menuutil cpp failed with x e Mail Zone MailChk ERROR browser cpp failed with x Log opened - - T Z Windows Live Mail Mail Zone MailChk ERROR pmailutils cpp failed with x Mail Zone MailChk ERROR subscribelivecontacts cpp failed with x a Mail Zone MailChk ERROR menuutil cpp failed with x a Mail Zone MailChk ERROR browser cpp failed with x Log opened - - T Z Windows Live Mail da Mail Zone MailChk ERROR pmailutils cpp failed with x da Mail Zone MailChk ERROR subscribelivecontacts cpp failed with x e Mail Zone MailChk ERROR menuutil cpp failed with x e Mail Zone MailChk ERROR browser cpp failed with x b c Mail Zone MailChk ERROR dssyncbatch cpp failed with x A

A:Windows Live Mail closes unexpectedly repeatedly without error message

Crash,

Unfortunately I can offer no help other than to suggest you check for viruses with your fully updated antivirus software, and download and install/update live mail here: http://g.live.com/1rewlive4-web/en/w...web.exe??WLI=1

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/231463-windows-live-mail-closes-unexpectedly-repeatedly-without-error-message.html
Relevancy 49.02%

For some reason since Oct 13th when my laptop did an update I can no longer send and receive emails from 2 of my 5 email addresses. (one is outlook.com and the other live.com) They keep coming up with this error code:
Unable to send/receive messages for live or outlook account
Server error: 3219
Windows live mail error ID: Ox8DE00005
Can anyone help me please?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442865-windows-live-mail-2012-error-message-not-sending-receiving.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently visited the Microsoft Answer Forums as I could no longer access my favorites from Internet Explorer although they were still showing in My Favorites folder in my user account folder They diagnosed the problem as a corrupted user account and fixed it by directing me to the Microsoft link 'How to fix a corrupted user profile ' I created a new user account and copied the files over to the new message. blank error get I click on & When I Windows 'send on receive' Mail account This did fix the problem and I can now access all my favorites again in IE However I am now no longer able to send or receive messages in Windows Mail When When I click on 'send & receive' on Windows Mail I get blank error message. I click on 'Send amp Receive' I get the box which says 'Some errors occured while processing the requested tasks Please review the list of errors below for more When I click on 'send & receive' on Windows Mail I get blank error message. details ' However the box below which is supposed to list the errors is completely blank I have contacted my internet service provider Virgin Media who have carried out various diagnostic tests They have told me that it is not a problem with their security and they have checked my account settings to ensure everything is correct They seem to think it might be a problem with my Registry They have sent me several test messages which arrive in my Virgin Media web mail box but for some reasons are not getting downloaded to my Windows Mail On a couple of occasions the test messages did get through but only after I closed down Windows mail and then opened it again However the Windows Mail stopped working again On just one occasion I DID get details of an error which was 'ERR Protocol error Port Secure SSL X CC error number x ccc ' However that was the only time At all other times the error box is completely blank I would be very grateful if someone could help me fix this problem as I have very limited IT knowledge

A:When I click on 'send & receive' on Windows Mail I get blank error message.

Originally Posted by Kodika

I recently visited the Microsoft Answer Forums as I could no longer access my favorites from Internet Explorer 8 (although they were still showing in My Favorites folder in my user account folder.) They diagnosed the problem as a corrupted user account and fixed it by directing me to the Microsoft link 'How to fix a corrupted user profile.' I created a new user account and copied the files over to the new account. This did fix the problem and I can now access all my favorites again in IE8.

However. I am now no longer able to send or receive messages in Windows Mail. When I click on 'Send & Receive' I get the box which says 'Some errors occured while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details.' However, the box below which is supposed to list the errors is completely blank. I have contacted my internet service provider (Virgin Media), who have carried out various diagnostic tests. They have told me that it is not a problem with their security, and they have checked my account settings to ensure everything is correct. They seem to think it might be a problem with my Registry. They have sent me several test messages (which arrive in my Virgin Media web mail box) but for some reasons are not getting downloaded to my Windows Mail. On a couple of occasions the test messages did get through (but only after I closed down Windows mail and then opened it again.) However, the Windows Mail stopped working again.

On just one occasion, I DID get details of an error, which was 'ERR Protocol error. Port 110 Secure (SSL): 0X800CC90. error number 0x800ccc18.' However, that was the only time. At all other times the error box is completely blank.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me fix this problem, as I have very limited IT knowledge.

0X800CC90. error number 0x800ccc18 indicates authentication issue.
Try this ....
Open WM > Tools > Accounts > your Virgin Media acct > Properties > Servers tab > under Incoming Mail Server heading, make sure there is NO checkmark on " Logon using Secured Password Authentication " > OK

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/284059-when-i-click-send-receive-windows-mail-i-get-blank-error-message.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Everyone,
After resetting my computer to factory settings after crash, I connected Windows Live Mail to my server account and received all of my emails however when I tried to send an email I received the above error message with socket error 11004. I telephoned my server and everything is correct in other words all boxes are ticked correctly on windows Live Mail. However still no outgoing mail. After reading some answers to this problem on various forums I checked Avast settings and their port for smpt. is 25,587. When I spoke with my server the outgoing smpt. settings on advanced in windows mail should be 587. Should I alter the Avast settings to 587. Please help as the company who is the server stated we are not responsible for Windows Live Mail, in other words all boxes are ticked and it is not our problem.

A:error 0x800ccc0D Windows live mail unable to send message

Welcome to Seven Forums ninedogs. Sorry for slow reply. Sometimes a post gets overlooked, or no one has the correct answer. In doing some searching, it seems Avast uses port 25 by default, but some have reported issues and change it to 587.

See the 5th post by Charyb on this thread

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=66895.15

You can also disable Avasts Mail Shield to see if it works with it off. I do see many saying Avast wants to keep changing the setting back to port 25. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/309392-error-0x800ccc0d-windows-live-mail-unable-send-message.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am using Windows Live Mail under Vista 32-bit. Some time ago I received a mail message that I thought would look better if I maximized the Windows Live Mail message window and so I used the full screen / window tool in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to fill the screen with that window. Now I find that the tool will not reset the message window to its original size. All mail messages fill the screen. I want to regain control of the size of the mail message window, but have been unable to find any way to do this. Please help.

Thanks.

A:Solved: Windows Live Mail Message window size locked

Hi,

would you please attach any screenshot about the display problem for a look?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-live-mail-message-window-size-locked.1029823/
Relevancy 49.02%

What does the Check Names button on the New Message ribbon do? There is a check as part of the icon but clicking the icon changes or accomplishes nothing.

A:Windows Live Mail 2011 New Message window Check Names

Quote: Originally Posted by jcimarron

What does the Check Names button on the New Message ribbon do? There is a check as part of the icon but clicking the icon changes or accomplishes nothing.

Not sure about 2011 or the ribbon but in the 2009 version the "check names" box pops up when you try to send the new message if the format of the name is incorrect. There is also a "check names" button that normally doesn't do anything unless you have entered an incorrect or incomplete email address. In that case it will automatically pick an address from your address book that looks like a close match if one exists.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/184226-windows-live-mail-2011-new-message-window-check-names.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When you Delete message Live error [SOLVED] - Windows Mail generate try to delete WLM messages you get this error quot An unknown error has occurred quot and the message cannot be deleted People with this problem often need to delete multiple messages or entire folders That error appears because WLM only thinks it has that those message s but actually that message is nowhere to be found in the the Windows email folders The message exists no longer but WLM [SOLVED] Windows Live Mail - Delete message generate error still shows it as being in its own folders and you simply cannot delete it using the normal procedure For the easier way one can drag the unwanted and non-existing emails to the Deleted Items folder one by one However that is crazy when you have to get rid of hundreds or thousands of them yes I had that situation This is how to trick WLM if you want to delete multiple emails giving you that error We try to simulate forwarding multiple messages Select multiple emails by clicking on one and then using SHIFT to click and select multiple concatenated messages Do that screen after screen scroll down up Stop when you see the FORWARD button has become grey That means one email is even more stubborn and doesn't even want to be forwarded Hold the SHIFT key and click the messages up and down until you find the culprit It will be just outside your selection when your selection manages to un-grey the Forward button With a lot of messages selected and concatenated click on the Forward button You'll get another error message quot One or more messages could not be attached Select OK to continue creating the note quot Click Cancel Now something has unblocked those messages or message information and with the selection on you can Delete them by simply clicking the Red X delete button The message that made the Forward button grey can now be deleted as well Keep doing that until you finish the bunch of messaged you wanted to delete when you got the initial error

A:[SOLVED] Windows Live Mail - Delete message generate error

Thanks for sharing that with us, it could help others.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/50178-solved-windows-live-mail-delete-message-generate-error.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So somehow my girlfriend has managed to do something to her Outlook 2003 where every time she tries to send a new message it's got a past email that she received in it. At first I thought maybe some how she had pasted the email as her signature....nope that ain't it. I'm kind of lost here because I've never seen something like this. Anyone got any suggestions? Is it like possible to constantly link at email or something so that when you open up a new message it's instantly posted in the box?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125930/outlook-2003-inserting-a-past-mail-message-into-every-new-message/
Relevancy 49.02%

*Moderator Edit: Split from  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557047/am-i-infected-outlook-opens-by-itself-creates-email/~ Queen-Evie*I'm interested in the fix for this, as I am having the exact same issue.  I am using Windows 7/Office 2010.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558002/outlook-opens-creates-mail-by-itself/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey All, If you could help me it would be appreciated:) I've done everything I know how to do... I've run pcbugdoctor, and it says everything is fixed. I've defraged,scandisked,emptied cookies, folders, ect. My avtivirus program is new and I've gotten rid of all viruses that I did have. I've attached a copy of my Windows Task manager.......take a look and see if something looks suspicious..

Thanks in Advance for your help

A:Explorer opens really slow...mail too :(

Here's another pic for you,,,,,I have no idea if it will help.. The first couple cpu spikes are when I opened a couple folders. Then you will see a large wide spike. Thats when I open up explorer...Arrrrg!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-opens-really-slow-mail-too-13566.html
Relevancy 49.02%

instead of an outlook new mail when I click on a mail address link in an incoming post. How do I change to default to outlook2013. I'm running win8.1 pro on a Toshiba laptop.

A:outlook2013 opens modern mail app....

hello and welcome to eightfourms .
right click the windows logo lower left corner of the desktop and go to control panel,click view by category choose large icons ,then open default programs ,then click on set default programs ,and in there you should see outlook 2013 highlite it and set it to default

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/53418-outlook2013-opens-modern-mail-app.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Just got new laptop running Win 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Installed Live Mail. No matter what I try, I cannot get Live Mail to open in any mode but "maximized" (double box in upper right). I've checked Properties, restored down, minimized, maximized, and exited 3 different ways, and it still opens in full screen maximum! Win 7 has no problem remembering the size of the last Chrome window. Why is Live Mail different? Thanks.

A:Live Mail ALWAYS Opens Maximized

Right click the Live Mail shortcut and select Properties from context menu. Check that Shortcut tab > Run is set to Normal window:

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/144348-live-mail-always-opens-maximized.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I ve a new problem Hope you guys can help me like you did before Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services windows opens new opens new tabs and IE Firefox exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA IE opens new windows and Firefox opens new tabs Grisoft AVGFRE IE opens new windows and Firefox opens new tabs avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files IE opens new windows and Firefox opens new tabs Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Verizon Servicepoint VerizonServicepoint exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C program files zango zango exe C Documents and Settings Ronnie Local Settings Application Data Google SearchWithGoogle SearchWithGoogle exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccWarden exe C Program Files Google Web Accelerator googlewebaccclient exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Shareaza Shareaza exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkIcon exe C Documents and Settings All Users Documents Ronnie s Doc HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http wapp verizon net bookmarks bmredir asp region all amp bw fiber amp cd MSN amp bm ms home R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http localhost proxy pac O - BHO Verizon Broadband Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-D FC-E AF D FA D - C WINDOWS DOWNLO vzbb dll O - BHO Zango Search Assistant Helper - F D - BF- -A B- CF F - c program files zango zangohook dll O - BHO Google Web Accelerator Helper - A B D-DE - - - BA C C - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Google Web Accelerator - DB BFA -A E - E- E A-C D CBF - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dll O - Toolbar Verizon Broadband Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-D FC-E AF D FA D - C WINDOWS DOWNLO vzbb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Program Files HP Photosmart hphinstall UniPatch hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run DiskeeperSystray quot C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkIcon exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run VerizonServi... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a new Surface Pro with WIN and MS Office on it This is a new machine weeks old All Office programs launch properly except Word When Word is launched either from a desktop shortcut to the program or by clicking a Word doc the message error opens with Word program opens and immediately displays an error message quot Windows is searching for Launcher exe quot quot The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Logitech QuickCam lnk' refers to is unavailable Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available then try again When clicking quot Word opens with error message OK quot the same error message repeats Clicking quot OK quot again the errors repeat a rd time then either a blank document opens or the document selected at launch opens Word behaves normally for the rest of the session After a -hr session with MS-Office tech support including the full download repair of Office and a half-hour of the MS tech in control of the computer doing things the error persists and the MS tech stated that MS cannot repair it No Logitech software is now or ever has been installed on this machine Has anyone ever heard of this problem and does anyone know of a fix

A:Word opens with error message

After 2 days of searching and trying things, I found a shortcut in one of the DOCS sub-folders referring to Logitech QuickCam. For some reason, WORD was attempting to run this at launch, producing the errors since the program isn't there. No idea how the shortcut got there, but after deleting it the error stopped. Thanks for looking.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/67830-word-opens-error-message.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi This is me again I had written regarding my laptop (Lenovo-Windows Vista Basic) which has a problem of shutting down but still remaining on (The button would remain blue and would run till the battery was discharged). I formatted the C drive thinking that would solve the problem but now the problem increased further. It now if I shut it down it restarts and enters into One Key System Recovery Directly.

and now after booting with the above details I get this message popping up..........

'Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrator user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.'

Please please advice I am in soup

A:PC shuts down and opens in one key recovery and now with new pop up message

hi have you tried running chkdsk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-shuts-down-and-opens-in-one-key-recovery-and-now-with-new-pop-up-message.806426/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,
Whenever i turn on the laptop, the laptop opens with an warning message, "SMART failure predicted on Hard Disk 0: WDC WD3200BEVT-752CT2- (S1)
WARNING: Immediately backup your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may Be imminent." and it tells me to press "F1 button to continue" but nothing works even after pressing "F1" button. It just shows the windows loading logo. Plz help me coz i got some important data in my hard disk.
Plz do reply fast....

Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to help friend out that just migrated from Outlook Express on Windows XP to Windows Live Mail on Windows Home Premium x She has trouble reading the from and subject lines after the client marks them as read I am aware of how to change the default font settings for the compose window and it is easy to make the text bigger in the reading pane but I haven't had much luck finding any suggestions on how to adjust the size or color of the text in the message list I have already done a few things to make things easier I have decreased the resolution which makes the text a little bigger I have set the DPI setting to I also went in the Windows Color and Appearance Settings in the the control panel and increased the default font size for menus message boxes and title bar to hoping those settings might affect the fonts in WLM but no luck I can drop the resolution a little more Live message size for Windows Changing list on font Mail and color it is Changing font size and color for message list on Windows Live Mail currently at x on a monitor with a native x resolution but I am worried that if I drop the resolution too much lower that I may create more problems than I solve Are there are any other settings I am missing that would help Short of using the screen magnifier or dropping the resolution further I am not sure what else I can do to make Windows Live Mail easier to read The only other alternative I can is to find another mail client where I can adjust that font to be significantly larger I could do that but that is something I am trying to avoid since this person seems reluctant to learn anything new

A:Changing font size and color for message list on Windows Live Mail

Hello and welcome KAugsburger mate in WLM go to > File > Options > Mail > Read > Fonts see pics I don't know if this will work as I have never tried but worth a go.

PS Forgot to add just try the different options in there for fonts and sizes

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/322750-changing-font-size-color-message-list-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Eyes not as good as they once were. Does anyone know how to increase the default text size in the received message pane? Any help appreciated.

Sam

A:Windows Live Mail 2011 - text size in received message pane

Click on the blue button on top left and choose Options>Mail

Go to the read tab click on fonts button at the bottom and you will have option in the font size,Medium,Large,Largest.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/247001-windows-live-mail-2011-text-size-received-message-pane.html
Relevancy 48.59%

has anyone had an issue where they launch Live Mail and it opens up but just hangs? For example for me, it'll go to how it was last opened yet none of my emails are readable nor can I close Live Mail short of bring up the task manager and closing it that way. A reboot seems to solve the issue, but that's kinda annoying.

A:Launch Live Mail and it opens up but just hangs?

try doing a repair
Go to Control Panel and click on Performance and Features
Look for Windows Live Essentials and click it as if to uninstall
When it pops up it will ask you to uninstall or repair
Pick Repair and follow the instructions
see if this fixes it

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/20179-launch-live-mail-opens-up-but-just-hangs.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I click on the mail tile all it does is open a blank (white) screen.
How do I get Win 8 mail to open?

A:Mail tile opens blank screen

Download and run this tool. It is a diagnostic tool created by Microsoft that automatically fixes some issues that people are having opening apps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-winapps/some-or-all-of-my-metro-style-apps-fail-to-run/e89549cc-a369-4cf4-97f7-53040f6e037a

You can also try the steps in this tutorial:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-apps-wont-start/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483678/mail-tile-opens-blank-screen/
Relevancy 48.59%

When I have a E-mail open and delete it while still in that Email it will open the next email in order. How can I stop Live mail from opening the next email after deleting one? Thanks

A:live mail opens email after deleting

Hi BruceMyers48. I've had the same problem and also found it very annoying. My ISP is Bell Canada so I went to LiveChat with them and asked the same question. They told me that you can't change that. Don't let that discourage you though, I just gave up but companies can be wrong from time to time. Keep looking if you want 'cause there might be an answer out there somewhere. Good Luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/159810-live-mail-opens-email-after-deleting.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I would like to know if I need to do anything about the following message that comes up when I run dxdiag. "There may have been a problem accessing Direct Show last time this programme was used . Bypass Direct Show this time?" I selected Yes. All the tabs notes have indicated no problems and I have tested everything. I don't understand what Direct Show actually is/does. The only problem my computer is experiencing that I know of is that sometimes I lose all the desktop icons, start menu and task bar when coming back from standby and I have to turn off the computer at the tower. Any help would be appreciated. Windows XP sp2. NVIDIA GE Force6200 Turbocache. Forcewear Ver: 163.71 Mem 256MB. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/message-when-directx-diag-tool-opens.636457/