Windows Support Forum

Drag and Drop

Q: Drag and Drop

An alumni of mine asks for help and I can't.

He has Win 7 Home Premium
IE8
Windows Live Mail 2009
He has Hotmail configured into WLM as a POP protocol account. Hotmail is his default account. He has no other account in WLM.

His problem :

He cannot do Drag&Drop.
He tried to drag an e-mail out of WLM and drop it to the desktop.... no go.
He tried to drag and drop an e-mail directly from WLM into Documents folder .... no go either.
In both cases he saw a black circle with a black line across ( like a stop sign in black ) when he started the drag and drop. He ignore it and proceeded to drop ..... nothing

Any suggestions ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Drag and Drop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Drag and Drop

I can't remember where I saw it, but I had this in my notes so I'll post it for you in the hope it helps.

Launch IE8 or IE9, whichever you're using.

Navigate to Tools>Internet Options>Security Tab and uncheck Enable Protected Mode. Ignore the UAC warning then click Apply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/180128-drag-drop.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Before Windows 7/Vista, in Explorer Detail view, only the filenames highlighted, now the entire rows get highlighted.

This means each time I try to do a "drag & select" to select multiple files, I just end up dragging the first file instead. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, it seems to be at random.

What's the way to tell Windows 7 I want to do a drag & select and not a drag & drop?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/drag-and-drop-vs-drag-and-select-in-windows-7-a-638588.html
Relevancy 64.5%

When I hold down left mouse it copies the URL to my desktop.

How do I make it copy the image and not the URL?

A:Drag and Drop

What browser and OS are you using? I just tried it in both FireFox and IE on Win 7, left-clicked on the image and dragged the image to my desktop. Worked fine for both.

If you want the image to actually display as your background image, that's a different question. In that case, in either FireFox or IE, right-click on the image and select "Set as background".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327502/drag-and-drop/
Relevancy 64.5%

I got a new Lite on CD/DVD recorder with Nero OEM software.

I am Running WIN XP Pro.

All functions run OK with Nero.

Useing WIN XP Pro I can drag and drop OK to CD-RW, but not to DVD-RW.

When I try the DVD-RW, get msg saying to load media .

Is this a Windows or drive problem?

Thank you

A:DVD drag and drop

Hi,

From Microsoft Windows XP site:

"Windows XP doesn't contain built-in support for burning DVDs. However, Microsoft plans on including built-in support for DVD write capability in the next version of Windows."

You'll have to use Nero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drag-and-drop.535574/
Relevancy 64.5%

This just started happening last Saturday evening After boot up the following occurs on my XP Professional System A When I hit the quot Start quot button the menu will not stay on but flashes on and off If I use the quot Windows quot key it displays properly B I can receive e-mail but can t open it Outlook Express It acts as if there is no internet connection but the lights Won't and drag drop on the router say otherwise C Drag and Drop doesn t work for e-mail or files folders etc D If I go to quot Control Panel quot and go through the process as if I want to set up Won't drag and drop a Won't drag and drop new connection I will get to the point where the Wizard recognizes there is already a connection After canceling my option to continue the set-up my ability to open email and get online is restored and the quot Start quot button will work properly E Drag and Drop still will not function F I went back to a quot Restore Point quot before these symtoms started and it did not change anything G The Bold Italiac Underline etc functions do not work on this note Don t know if it is related to my problem or not but it might help to know about it Gratefully David F Forness nbsp

A:Won't drag and drop

For openers, let's run spybot and adaware [gotten from links below]. After that I also suggest running Hijack This[link below] then follow the below instructions fully, and post the log in this thread, whereupon it'll be analysed by those-in-the-know here and then appropriate fixes will be suggested..

follow the next instructions on posting the Hijack This log here;

It’s very important that you save the log to its own permanent folder on your hard drive, such as Program Files/Hijack This, or My Documents/Hijack This, (NOT a temporary files folder) or you may loose the ability to undo any changes you make, so that it can create proper back-ups and be able to restore them if necessary.

Close all open windows/and any open web browers and open Hijack This. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and then save it to NotePad. Click on “Edit” – “Select all” – “copy” and then “paste” into the thread.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET;- Await further analysis here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-drag-and-drop.288804/
Relevancy 64.5%

I used to be able to drag and drop directly to a CD before my old PC went up in smoke. Now, it places the file some where temporarily, and I now must click another MSG that says to install on the CD. It takes a couple of minutes to install each file.
QUESTION? What program or file must I have installed in order to utilize the DLA of drag/drop?
Thanks

A:Using Drag and Drop.

You must had some UDF packet writing software installed previously. What ever it was it has to be reinstalled to do as you want.

Here are some packet writing software:

1. IBM DLA, developed by IBM (free)
2. Drag-to-Disc (DirectCD), developed Roxio
3. InCD, developed by Ahead

Maybe this will work.

http://www.argentuma.com/backup/software/dla.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-drag-and-drop.479257/
Relevancy 64.5%

hi...

recently I have been having trouble dragging and dropping.

I cant drag or drop anywhere.....Windows explorer, desktop, itunes, etc.

I think i might have been caused because of a recent graphics card driver update, but im not sure.

I have tried using a corded mouse ( I am currently using a wireless usb), disabling my display adaptors, and I even checked if my drag and drop was enabled through the start button properties.

One wierd thing about my computer is that it wont boot unless a corded keyboard and mouse is hooked up....I do use a wireless usb set up though.

When i turn my computer on , through a restart or shutdown, my start button wont stay up after i click nor can i type anything.

I know this is a complicated complaint, but i appreciate any help.

A:drag and drop

do this registry setting:

http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=5242

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drag-and-drop-197243.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have lost my Drag 'N' Drop Program. I use it to backup my documents to a CD.
Does anyone know where I can purchase the Drag'N' Drop CD or download the
program?
Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Everyone

It seems that i am the only one with that Problem. At least i never found anything about that problem on any Forum.

I have Vista Home Premium 32bit for a couple of months now. And the Drag and Drop never worked and still does not work. I mean it doesn't work at all!!

I allways have to right click, copy, and paste any file. This is getting realy anoying.

Any ideas? Or am i just do stupid...

Originally Posted by Mojito

Hello Everyone

It seems that i am the only one with that Problem. At least i never found anything about that problem on any Forum.

I have Vista Home Premium 32bit for a couple of months now. And the Drag and Drop never worked and still does not work. I mean it doesn't work at all!!

I allways have to right click, copy, and paste any file. This is getting realy anoying.

Any ideas? Or am i just do stupid...

I'm guessing you're trying to drag file from a folder onto another listed in the folder tree. That particular operation is problematic at best! This is because the folder tree in Windows Vista Explorer is depreciated, and no is longer really suited for primary navigation as it was in XP and older versions of Windows.

If you open two different folder windows and try to drag and drop betwen them, does this solve your problem?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/123446-drag-drop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have 2 problems I hope someone is able to fix for me. I am using Windows Xp Home and I am unable to drag and drop any files or desktop icons. I don't get an error message, it shows the file dragging but when I go to drop it nothing happens. Also when I restart my computer, the password box does not show up when I click on my username. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL twice to enter it in. Both problems started happening at the same time so I am assuming they are related. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 64.5%

I have been using an intellimouse explorer 3 for several months. It has worked just fine. Several weeks ago it quit dragging and dropping. All other functions on it work. I re-installed my old mouse and it had the same problem - wouldn't drag. I would guess this might be a Win98 2nd edition problem, but I don't know. Microsoft hasn't helped me any. I would really like to drag again. It works just fine on solitaire. Help!! Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-drop.33897/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Problem with Drag & Drop in Windows Xp Home
After Reboot I can Drag and Drop Folders and Files in the Start Menu "BUT" after about 10 Minutes it stops working and I have tried turning on and off services and starup programs with no Luck?
I can't even drag and drop in the Task bar after 10 minutres but I can always drag o the Desktop?
anybody have any Idea?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39407/drag-drop/
Relevancy 64.5%

PC freezes (hourglass) when I drag & drop...

Sometimes it freezes when I drag a doc TO a folder

ALWAYS freezes when it's FROM a folder.

I'm hoping this makes sense. I'm not computer literate so you'll have to speak in ez terms. Thanks ahead of time!

A:Drag & drop

Hello PCsurfer

First of all check if "drag and drop" is enabled.
Both the options below should be checked.

Right-click the Start button, choose Properties, and click Customize. If you?re using the default Start menu, click the Advanced tab and then, in the Start Menu Items box, select Enable Dragging And Dropping. (If you?re using the classic Start menu, in the Advanced Start Menu Options box in the Customize Classic Start Menu dialog box, select Enable Dragging And Dropping.)

There is another setting for "Drag and Drop" in your IE options. Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > (tab) Security > (button) Custom Level and scroll down to "Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste Files" (under Miscellaneous).

If that does not help, try this fix. Be sure to select the fix for XP

Scroll down to "Drag & Drop Fix. Win 2000, Win XP"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drag-and-drop-276106.html
Relevancy 64.5%

What an odd problem. I can't drag and drop anything, anywhere. Can't move desktop icons, folder files, bookmarks. It's like my PC is locked. lol?

Running build 7232.

A:I can't drag and drop?...

Did you try restarting?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15038-i-cant-drag-drop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I did a fresh install of xp on this computer and a few months later I can t drag and drop anymore I can t copy a file or make shortcuts either I can right click and make a new folder however I have comodo antivirus and firewall I ran housecall and Drag Can't Drop and malawarebytes today housecall Can't Drag and Drop got rid of one file which I didn t make a note of I thought there Can't Drag and Drop would be a summary screen when it was done But I don t think this Can't Drag and Drop is malware because I can t drag and drop in safemode either I am posting my hijackthis log and hope somebody can help me out Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files COMODO SafeSurf cssurf exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system RunDll exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ask com o amp l disR - URLSearchHook UrlSearchHook Class - - E - FD - - F E FC - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllF - REG win ini run O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - BHO Act UI InternetExplorer Plugins AttachFile CAttachFile - D FCD-D - - B -FB E D - mscoree dll file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dllO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run COMODO SafeSurf quot C Program Files COMODO SafeSurf cssurf exe quot -sO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run CmPCIaudio RunDll CMICNFG CPL CMICtrlWndO - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run COMODO Internet Security quot C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe quot -hO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program File... Read more

A:Can't Drag and Drop

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your DesktopDouble-click on RKUnhookerLE to run itClick the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth and uncheck the restClick OKWait until it's finished and then go to File > Save ReportSave the report to your DesktopCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347362/cant-drag-and-drop/
Relevancy 64.5%

For no apparent reason my WinXP Pro computer will not let me drag and drop in Windows Explorer, to move or copy files via the right mouse button. It used to work, but now doesn't. I'm hoping I just need to adjust a setting, but don't know where to look.

Relevancy 64.5%

I can't drop and drag anything, such as desktop icons, folders, files... I made a new user name and it works on that name but not the main name. Can anyone help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-drag-and-drop-1042921.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have lost the ability to drag and drop anything on my XP system and also copy and paste..any help would be appreciated.

To enable Drag and Drop, try this reg file. Save it to your desktop and double-click on it to merge it to your registry.

To copy and paste, can you use CTRL + C and CTRL + V?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-and-drop.857714/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,
For some time my HP Pavilion dv7 has had a hair trigger pad.
Sometimes when I click on an icon to drag it around it responds as though I doubled clicked it and it opens.
It may take about 6 or 7 tries to pick up the icon instead of opening it.

I don't know if this is a Windows Vista problem or a Pavilion problem but drag and dropping is a REAL nightmare.
When it really starts getting nuts i get theses blue lines as though I'm grouping items for something like deleting (I assume)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Need Help With Drag And Drop

Welcome
You may want to go to control panel, mouse, then change then adjust the double click speed. Try to slow it up, see if that helps

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303369-need-help-drag-drop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

i was looking at my neices computer and did some windows updates and now the computer cannot drag and drop programs and such but it shows it glitch like it attempting to, i cannot drag files or anything of the sort like it shows them tug but not go anywhere. i cannot perform a chkdisk because of a known issue with windows 7 sp1, a quick response would be very appreiciated!

A:cannot drag and drop

Hi&#65292;

Whether the option"Enable Connext menus and dragging and dropping" is checked? If not, right click on the Taskbar > Properties > Start Menu button > Customize > check the box" Enable context menus and dragging and dropping" > OK > Apply. You might have to reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-drag-and-drop.1007422/
Relevancy 64.5%

Yeah so my mothers computer got infected and i tried findin it deleted it and now its not letting me drag and drop fies to reformat the computer. im reformatting cuz i cant get the computer back to the way it was, to much damage. but yeah. so its not lettin me drag and drop items. even if i go into my documents it doesnt let me drag and drop. so i was wondering if anyone can help

yeah its running XP. i tried the end processes explorer.exe, checked the lock desktop thing, tried to right click and hit send to.
any help will be much aprreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121926/cant-drag-and-drop/
Relevancy 64.5%

With my very little computer skills. I just don't no why this happens. It,s just recently. Heres a screenshot that better explains, but I will try to.

When I drag something I saved from favorites to the desktop. I will get what the screenshot shows. If I copy and paste something it will do the same. Anything I transfer from one folder to another, will do that. I have Windows 8.1

Thanks From Chuck

Not sure what your asking here by default when you drag and drop it moves or copies the file you can change the behavior by holding down cntrl or shift key the effect default actions

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/127759-drag-drop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Drag'n Drop program came with my Dell Inspiron. It made backing up so easy. Somehow
the program disappeared. It doesn't show in Contrl panel . Does anyone know where I
can buy the CD .

Thanks1

A:Drag'n drop

What is the name of the program? You can go to Google and insert "Drag and drop program" and a bunch will come up. Google is your friend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dragn-drop.785910/
Relevancy 64.5%

Win2000

I used to be able to drag files from one open folder to another. But now i can only Copy and Paste or use the Send To function. Also the desktop icons won't move either, unless I cut and paste. If I drag them they just bounce back.

Can anyone help ?

PP

Start > Settings. Check that Drag and Drop is enabled in the Taskbar and Start Menu settings dialog.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-and-drop.423399/
Relevancy 64.5%

I need help, I have spent two days looking for a solution to my problem. I have windows xp and my drag and drop stopped functioning. It has been suggested it is the mouse, esc key ...... no luck! has this happened to anyone else?

The Esc key may be stuck. Jiggle it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-and-drop.772428/
Relevancy 64.5%

Okay I have a serious problem here that is really plaguing me as I am trying to make a video which requires the ability XP Drop Can't Drag in and Pro! to drag-and-drop files - problem is Can't Drag and Drop in XP Pro! - I can t I am running Windows XP Professional SP I have tried downloading a few reg registry edits One from http www aumha org regfiles htm which I will quote REGEDIT This version customized to match WINDOWS XP Registry entries Fixes no Drag-n-Drop problem in Win XP HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface e- - -C - Can't Drag and Drop in XP Pro! quot IDataObject quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface e- - -C - NumMethods quot quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface e- - -C - ProxyStubClsid quot - - -C - quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID - - -C - quot oleprx PSFactoryBuffer quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID - - -C - InprocServer quot C WINDOWS system ole dll quot quot ThreadingModel quot quot Both quot Click to expand another reg I have tried is as follows Windows Registry Editor Version HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced quot Start EnableDragDrop quot dword HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer quot NoChangeStartMenu quot dword Click to expand Unforunately neither of these worked either I have run spyware scans with Spybot and Ewido and nothing fixed this Someone suggested typing regsvr i shell into Run and that hasn t done anything either What on Earth has happened Please someone help me out here nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

i know this is a fairly simple problem that can probably be fixed by quick fixes out there but i've tried most of them and they've all failed. i can't drag and drop ANYTHING on my computer, how do i fix that? 

A:fix drag and drop

okay by anything i meant files, folders and icons and such, which means i can only move tabs side to side on my browser and pinned programs icons on my taskbar but anything else, nadda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571838/fix-drag-and-drop/
Relevancy 64.5%

Has anyone ever heard of not being able to drag & drop files? I can highlight a file and drag it (to another folder) but nothing happens when I drop it -- have to right-click-cut, go to new place and right-click-paste.

I can drag & drop text within an application with no problem, so It doesn't appear to be hardware; I installed the latest mouse driver from MS.

Can't find anything in settings - thought someone might have run up against this before.
This is a Dell machine running MS Windows 2000 Pro.
Any info is appreciated.

A:Drag and Drop?

Did you try left clicking on the file, dragging it to where you want it and after letting up on the mouse, and choosing move here?
It is a work around, but MS says that is the PROPER way to do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-and-drop.210379/
Relevancy 64.5%

Well I have searched on google like crazy and such, and tried all of the things listed to do for this problem, but to no success.
I cannot drag and drop anywhere on my comp. I click and drag, and it looks like its dragging,but when I let go, nothing happens.
Please help!

http://xperiencexp.blogspot.com/2005/09/dr...-wont-work.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269682/drag-and-drop/
Relevancy 64.5%

reformeated my computer and now when I go to drag and drop something into a folder instead of moving the file there it copies it . im sure its some small little setting i have messed up but could u please help me its irritating

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drag-and-drop-368010.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi. can someone please help with this frustrating problem. suddenly i cannot drag and drop any of my pictures from my desktop to a cd or dvd after it was formatted. the file system of the inserted disc is UDF. should'nt it be NTFS. Man, i'm confused! i need to get pics on the disc urgently. i never had this problem. running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. thanks guys.

A:Drag and drop.

Have you considered using DVD-R's and CD-R's insteading of using rewriteable ones that you format and wipe out?

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-and-drop.1018067/
Relevancy 64.5%

i have some files that are numbered they are out of order and i want to put them back in order it will not let me drag them

A:how do i drop and drag?

Presuming your on the desktop, right click on an empty space select view and unchecked auto arrange

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/212554-how-do-i-drop-drag.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Running xp home edition ver 2002, service pack 2. Upon boot up screen bloomed. shut down and restarted. Appeared to be fine. Found I could not transfer files to my flash drive or external drive. Light comes on hear drive spin up but cannot move files to either drive. useing usb ports. Same problem from any port. Checked error log found "sys error spbbcs vc service terminated with srv specific error 4294967295" . Now I don't know what all that means, but any help would be appreciated.

A:Can't drag and drop

The error is from Symantec (no surprize there). If you have their internet security suite, try uninstalling (and reinstalling, if you need it).

Can you drag-and-drop everywhere else? Have you checked the drives for errors?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-drag-and-drop.686719/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have an Acer Extensa 5430 Laptop running Windows Vista 32 bit. I cannot seem to drag and drop on this computer - it always copies the file and then I have to go back and delete the original. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change so that it's moving the file instead of copying?

Originally Posted by Dbytes

I have an Acer Extensa 5430 Laptop running Windows Vista 32 bit. I cannot seem to drag and drop on this computer - it always copies the file and then I have to go back and delete the original. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change so that it's moving the file instead of copying?

First tell us how you try to drag and drop. What do you click etc?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/267527-cant-drag-drop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

With XP and Vista (which I had up until this morning) I was able to drag and drop images from IE into Photoshop and Word. I cant seem to do that now.

Does any one know if this is still possible?

Thanks.

A:Drag and drop?

Quote: Originally Posted by ACWN

With XP and Vista (which I had up until this morning) I was able to drag and drop images from IE into Photoshop and Word. I cant seem to do that now.

Does any one know if this is still possible?

Thanks.

Hi and welcome

Sure it is. Did you update or clean install? did you associate PS3 with the image extension?

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/47135-drag-drop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

I don't seem to be able to drag and drop anymore in more than one application, so it should be Windows, not the applications.

I did restart the laptop, but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul

A:Cannot drag and drop

Is Your windows 8 Or Windows 7 Os....

Windows 7 Os..

Click on Start -------
Click on Search And Programe File Place------
Type Cmd........
Then.. Found Cmd .......
Right Click On The Cmd ......
Run As Administrator.........
Now Command Prompt Open......
Type On It.... SFC /Scannow
Hit Enter.....

Wait While All Process Will Not Completed Perfectly.....

Windows 8

Windows Key + F
Search Cmd
Right Click On It...
Run As ADministrator

Same Process Which I mentioned Above..

thanks....

Enjoy

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30902-cannot-drag-drop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys, i logged onto my comp today to rename some songs and suddenly i cannot drag and drop ANY files!! I checked folder options and everything but i cannot seem to fix it, What is going on!!! ?

A:Cant Drag And Drop!! :@

Hi Pankie...

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm - line 233 on the right hand side.

Merge the registry entry, reboot and post back please. Not sure if it's for folders/files or the start menu but even if it's not the one you need, it won't cause any problems.

Hope that helps :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-drag-and-drop-137088.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am running window XP Pro and suddenly I am having some major issues Not sure if it s a virus spyware or something else drag can't Help! drop I and I ve run AVG free virus scan and AVG free Help! I can't drag and drop spyware and got nothing out of it I ve also formatted my hard drive and re-installed windows and STILL have the problems Here s what s happening if ANYONE can get this fixed for me you re a real pro First off I can t drag and drop anything I can right click and copy or cut then paste elsewhere but I can t move desktop icons around or drag them to the recycle bin or any sort of drag and drop Also very frequently all the sudden I won t be able to click anything No shortcuts no quick launch icons NOTHING My computer acts kinda like it s hung but the mouse works fine just when I mouse over a button or icon I get nothing same thing when I click the button or icon nothing however I have oddly noticed that if I press CRTL ALT DEL then simply close down the task manager right away without doing anything my PC will let me click icons and buttons again but still no drag and drop after a few minutes it ll mess up on me again then CTRL ALT DEL and close task manager again to get back in business Anyways PLEEEAASE HELP I can t get my PC to a working order even by formatting the HD so I need a real pro Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I did a fresh install of xp on this computer and a few months later I can't drag and drop anymore. I can't copy a file or make shortcuts either. I can right click and make a new folder however. I have comodo antivirus and firewall. I ran housecall and malawarebytes today. housecall got rid of one file which I didn't make a note of....I thought there would be a summary screen when it was done. But I don't think this is malware because I can't drag and drop in safemode either. I am posting my hijackthis log and hope somebody can help me out.EDIT: Removed HJT log, not allowed in XP forum ~ Hamluis.

You may want to post this in the "Am I Infected?" forum.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.htmlJake

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347352/cant-drag-and-drop/
Relevancy 64.07%

I see quite a few persons have complained that MS Edge does not allow one to drag and drop a URL onto say the desktop.

I personally have no issues with it, but am trying to understand the reason why the alternatives to do this in MS Edge are relatively complicated when compared to what can be done in other browsers. I have reviewed the tutorials on the subject that I could find.

best

Geoff

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/54199-drag-drop-ms-edge.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My problem occurred a few days ago while playing an online game (Hearthstone). The computer, out of nowhere, suddenly began locking up and opening menus I didn't intend to open in game. After I uninstalled and reinstalled the game nothing changed. Now the computer periodically "locks up" meaning I can't search the web, open files or anything. This can be fixed oddly enough by ctrl-alt-delete to task manager. The biggest and most annoying problem I'm facing right now is that now I can't move icons on desktop or anything in folders, including internet tabs. The issue is minor, but very inconvenient since I do a lot of drag & drop between folders.

* side note - I did install an update a few days ago as well if that means anything. I don't think that's the problem as this has never occurred before playing Hearthstone, which happened after the update.

Hope someone can help and thank you all.

A:Can't Move (Drag & Drop) Anywhere

Might be a virus. Scanning time.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58190-cant-move-drag-drop-anywhere.html
Relevancy 64.07%

What would make drag and drop functions stop working on the desktop?  I can drag files across desktop, but can't drop them into folders.

Thank you.
SteveB

A:Cannot Drag and Drop on Desktop

Hi -

but can't drop them into folders.

A small question, and that is about all I have, Are the folders that you trying to drop into "active / current programs" ??
Or are these "created folders" ??

Thanks -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547069/cannot-drag-and-drop-on-desktop/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm having an issue with an Windows XP machine. Basically, there is no action in dragging and dropping the files. I can drag a file over a folder but the file never moves or copies. I can cut and paste files. Just not drag and drop action. Has anyone come across this?

A:Drag & Drop Problems

thenk83, Right click your Start button, choose Properties, under the Start Menu tab click the Customize button, under the Advanced tab checkmark "enable dragging and dropping", click OK/Apply/OK.

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-drop-problems.782596/
Relevancy 64.07%

Not sure when this started happening, but recently, whenever I try a drag and drop operation from the desktop (like dragging a jpg into firefox to open it w/ firefox, or a file into an outlook email to add as an attatchment) I always get that circle with a slash through it telling me that isn't a valid action. Unless I happen to be hallucinating, these functions used to work before. Anybody know why this is happening?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/drag-and-drop-issues-286580.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I can't figure out how to drag files, (such as photos in an album), or names (such as My Favorites) when the new position is more than one screen down.
Oh yes, I've managed to drag to the bottom, release, scroll, then drag again. But, what a pain when I have several items to move. Isn't there some way to make the screen scroll while I hang on to what I'm dragging?

Relevancy 64.07%

Alright for a while now (possibly a few years) my drag and drop features been acting weird. Whenever I move an icon it would drop as if though I let go of the button (even though I havent) (Same happends if I highlight text)... It was not big deal as it only happend on rare occasion but lately its just became unbearable.

Heres a youtube video if my explanation is difficult to understand.

Issue - YouTube

:Edit:
Should also add:
1.) Not once do I let go of the button while dragging.
2.) Its not a virus as i've scanned my pc with multiple programs.

:Edit 2:
It acts as if though I let go of the button and then clicked agian.

A:Drag and drop messing up.

Hello and welcome . Go to Control Panel and open up Mouse and see if it shows working properly. if it does. check settings to ensure they are set as you would have them to be . You may also check in Device Manager for driver update.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295928-drag-drop-messing-up.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My boss has an acer laptop. He was complaining that last night he dragged all the hundreds of icons on his desktop into folders on his desktop to clear it up. He also deleted all the hidden files. This morning when he turned it on they are all restored back to the original position and the hidden files are back. I changed the option in control panel to not show hidden files.

Does anyone know why all the files returned back to the desktop?

Is it because it restored because important hidden files were deleted?

Also he says he gets errors about his touchpad so could that be the problem?

Or is it some drag and drop option somewhere prohibiting it's use apart from in the short term?

Cheers for help and suggestions.
Michael.

A:Drag and drop on the desktop

mjpzx2 said:

Also he says he gets errors about his touchpad so could that be the problem?

Or is it some drag and drop option somewhere prohibiting it's use apart from in the short term?

No, I don't believe that either of these things are the cause of his problems.

mjpzx2 said:

Is it because it restored because important hidden files were deleted?

That does certainly sound like a possible cause of this. If I were you, I would just make sure the you set the OS to hide the hidden files (lol, dumb way to say that) so they don't make him want to delete them again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-and-drop-on-the-desktop.663386/
Relevancy 64.07%

i have just UPGRADED lol to windows vista home i have not used this os before so have not got a clue it will not let me drag and drop files i am having to copy and past to move them any ideas guys ???

A:cant drag and drop files

and have just noticed that it wont let me rename them ether even if i create a new folder i cant name it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-drag-and-drop-files-422150.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I am using Windows XP SP2. For some reason I am unable to drag and drop files on already opened window. Same is the case when I click on a file, drag it and press alt-tab (to switch to other window). I am not sure what is the problem. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance!

-Saurabh

Relevancy 64.07%

I've had this problem for a while (couple of months) but not sure exactly. I can move icons around on my desktop but I can't drag and drop any file/shortcut etc...to anywhere else (e.g. my document to desktop or any thing from my comp. to flashdrive etc...) it is driving me nuts...the only new programs I've installed are superantispyware and symantec...Please help!!

Relevancy 64.07%

Tried right click on start button ... and disabling UAC, no luck, whats next?

A:Vista still won't drag and drop

"right click on start button" was just an abreviated way for saying, Now right-click the Start orb and choose 'Properties'
Under the "Start Menu" tab, click the "Customise" button.
TICK the box where it says "Enable context menus and dragging and dropping"
when i try to drag off start menu to desk top i get circle with a slash through it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-still-wont-drag-and-drop.1029722/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello
I recently have been having a problem moving files from one location to another. When I click and hold on a file it displays the "Black Circle with line through it" cursor. Copy and paste isn't working either. I can't move a single file. I have never had a similar problem with this computer. What can I do to fix this.
\\
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1900+
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce4 MX 420
Mem: 256mb

..yes i know its a crap computer..i just ordered a new one so i need to move all the files..but i can't

Relevancy 64.07%

My problem appeared about three weeks ago I ve tried lots of things to fix it to no avail At one time it appeared to be tied to MSIE so I removed it completely I like Firefox better anyway Problem is Microsoft doesn t so I ve not been able to get much help from their Knowledgebase This is very similar to the one posted by CrazyRussian with maybe a couple extra symptoms Immediately after a re-boot everything works fine and continues to do so for from a several hours to several Yet another Drop working and not Drag days Then suddenly drag amp drop and cut paste quit working Clicking links starts acting funny One more thing that seems related but I don t know how if indeed it is The Rpcss exe task goes away Cause Effect When the Rpcss exe task is running all is fine Does that make any sense And another strange thing About the time this started happening I Yet another Drag and Drop not working began to get the following Event Log entry quot The device Device ScsiPort did not respond within the timeout period quot Trouble is this box has no Scsi devices never has It can t be co-incidence but I m clueless Again is this cause or effect I didn t notice it for several weeks Windows NT SP Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

After downloading ie7, I can't highlight to copy/paste and it won't drag/drop. I've tried reinstalling ie7. I have not been successful in removing it before reinstalling it. i can't find it. Doing the start-run-%windr%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe gives a message that it can't find the file. ???????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-wont-drag-drop-or-highlight-278782.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have just got another computer running XP home. I am not able to drag and drop a shortcut to the quicklaunch bar. And yes I have the bar unlocked and quicklaunch checked. I can't imagine why I don't have this function.

When I drag to the quicklaunch bar I don't see the usual black line on the left of the icon.

I can drag and drop on the desktop all day. Any suggestion as to what the problem might be? I have never had this problem in eight years I have had a computer.

Relevancy 64.07%

Websense Security Labs™ has received reports of a new Internet Explorer "zero-day" vulnerability which could allow the launching of code without consent from the end-user. The vulnerability...is similar to the "drag-and-drop" vulnerability that has been exploited in the past.As the vulnerability outlines, a specially crafted website would have to dupe a user into dragging and dropping an item from one window to the other. Upon releasing the mouse in the newly focused window the code will run without consent.websensesecuritylabs.comInternet Explorer Drag-and-Drop Redeux

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44051/new-ie-zero-day-drag-and-drop-redeux/
Relevancy 64.07%

My system was running well until I started having drag & drop issues ie:

o cannot drag messages within Thunderbird or to Explorer or Desktop
o cannot re-arrange tabs in Firefox (ok on Chrome and Edge)
o cannot drag URL from Firefox or Chrome to Explorer or Desktop (Edge is ok)
o cannot drag images from Firefox or Chrome to Explorer or Desktop (Edge is ok)

Debugging I tried:

o Creating a new account was of no help.
o Uninstalled Firefox, removed profile, and re-installed was of no help.

Any thoughts welcome !

Thanks !

A:drag & drop issues

Did you try draging and then hitting the escape key while dragging?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36168-drag-drop-issues.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

Yesterday my friend noticed that she cannot drag folders across windows explorer. she can click on and open them, she just can't drag them. Everything else appears to be working fine...she only has one user account so I can't check another. I've used regcleaner, which found 700 entries, but cleaning them accomplished nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,

A:cannot drag and drop folders

Try right click the word start,properties,start menu ,customise,

advanced .

Is there a dot alongside enable drag and drop?

If not put the dot in ,click apply click o.k.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-drag-and-drop-folders.402838/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am having problem with saving the images wid dragging it on desktop

in all previous versions we were able to drag the images from our browser and drop it on desktop but can't do it in 7 ?

though i can do drag images directly from browsers in FOLDERS !!

if it is still possible it would be much easier, better !!

A:Drag & Drop - Problem

What build are you running? (e.g. build 7000, 7077, 7100 etc)

I've just tried it on 7201 & it works fine. Do you get any messages popup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/12201-drag-drop-problem.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all Since I've upgraded to Windows I've been having this inconvenient problem with in 8.1) 8 (and Drag-and-drop Windows drag-and-dropping Drag-and-drop in Windows 8 (and 8.1) onto applications For instance I cannot drag a mp file from the Desktop onto Foobar or even a jpg image onto IrFanView just to tell two examples This didn't happen in Windows Windows didn't solve the problem either Someone told me it's about UAC and elevated programs So I already went to each of those two programs executables and checked the option quot run with admin privileges quot Didn't work Actually someone told me to change some UAC setting which I don't recall right now that solved the problem but prevented me from using metro apps This is not acceptable I like the metro apps I have two user accounts in here and use only the current one basically the admin one The other I set up for visits to play some games or surf the web I don't use it This comes from before Windows release I even asked about this at Microsoft forums but they just told me to refresh my PC This would vanish all my third-party apps which I certainly don't want to Back then there was the clear distinction between a local and a Microsoft account Now with you're kinda forced to have a Microsoft account so I'm using one if that matters UAC is now currently set to level of from the bottom But turning off won't help What can I do Please don't tell me to downgrade to Windows I need the drag-and-dropping

A:Drag-and-drop in Windows 8 (and 8.1)

If you had Foobar2000 and IrFanView prior to the upgrade then you will need to reinstall them to get the latest versions - this may also apply to other programs as you cite these as just two examples.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/drag-and-drop-in-windows-8-and-8-1-a-749889.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm hoping someone can help me with a frustrating problem I am having with drag and drop in Windows Explorer. In the default setup, any files I download end up in "My Downloads" and I would then drag them to various folders such as pictures, videos and so on where they would basically cut and paste on the move. I recently changed the location of the default libraries to another drive and now when I drag and drop, they now just copy the files, requiring an additional delete to clear them from "my downloads". Is there a way to return the cut and paste version of drag and drop rather than having it default as a copy?

A:drag and drop behavior

Put everything on the same drive. Or get into the habit of right-click and drag. Having a copy operation as default when moving from different drives is a safety precaution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/53990-drag-drop-behavior.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Guys elsewhere I posted earlier that I couldn t get Windows to let me quot Drag and Drop quot files from a ZIP file onto like my desktop another folder It would show the uncompressing progress using standard Windows Compressed Folders and after it was done - nothing I m sure of it searched HDD etc etc - no file made It was really annoying cuz I like everything to be in order and working and this wasn t Nevertheless I just decided to associate my ZIP files to my WinRAR and be done drop Drag sometimes and fails. with it Now I Drag and drop sometimes fails. visit a FTP site quickly via MS Internet Explorer to grab a file and I drag it to the desktop or a folder and it pretends to get it then nothing Alright you might just say quot just use an FTP program quot --- but I m the kinda guy who hates Drag and drop sometimes fails. leaving something broken and just working around it So my symptoms are I cannot drag and drop anything that is in a zip file or within an MSIE window and only that as far as I know I d really like to fix this any ideas Win XP PRO SP I ve tried re-registering DLLs up the wazoo making sure my start menu has enable drag and drop ping and a couple registery fixes that did nothing for me It s really annoying and if I can t fix it sigh I m going to format Please assist X nbsp

A:Drag and drop sometimes fails.

Generally when copying files out of a compressed file like a zip type, the "extract to"
is the operation to browse to a specific folder where the files are decompressed. The
use of system restore will most likely correct the current problem you are having. If it
fails by any chance, a "reinstall to repair" is a non-destructive to data means of repair
for Windows. That option is found when booting from the installation disk and choosing
the install not recovery console option. You will then be given that option when XP Pro
detects the current installation. But, that should be the last resort at this time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-and-drop-sometimes-fails.419937/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

When I try to drag and drop to my desktop, it's says "save to desktop" but it doesn't. I also can't close firefox using the "x". I'd have to right click and close. Also, when I'm in excel, it highlights all the cells I hover over. Tried the following:

restarting
esc and ctrl keys are not stuck
clicklock is not checked in control panel
no vmware
installed dropbox, evernote but uninstalled it just in case

Can someone help please?

Thanks

A:can't drag and drop with mouse

Hi Ih808,
I am Shahiruddin from the dell social media and community team.

Hello, first thing I would request you to do, would be go into safemode and give computer a good complete scan with your antivirus/antimalware. If your computer shows clean, you might want to try
the next step:
Right click on the Start button and click on Properties.
. Click on the Start Menu button.
. Click on Customize
.Check Enable Context Menus and dragging and dropping
. Check if the issue is fixed if not try the next step.

Select "start" button - click "run" - type "regedit" and hit ok.
in the new opened regedit window , navigate to the below path HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\
delete this entry "no active desktop changes" and restart the machine.
now check if your problem is solved.

Thanks & Regards
DELL_Shahiruddin_S
Dell Social Media Responder

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/243120-cant-drag-drop-mouse.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Last night as I was moving a file in Windows Explorer, I discovered Windows wouldn't let me drag and drop the file to a folder. I've had problems with drag and drop not working in Outlook 2007, but this is the first time in Windows Explorer. How can I fix this?

I am runnning Vista Home Premium SP1 32bit and I am the sole user.

A:Drag and Drop not working

Have you figured this one out yet? I have the same exact problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/177859-drag-drop-not-working.html
Relevancy 64.07%

hello friends.

i am wondering how to edit the drag and drop actions in windows. i have a shortcut to a folder in a network mapped drive on my desktop. when i drag and drop things into it i would like that operation to be a move (i.e a cut) instead i get a copy that leaves behind the original.

thanks for any help!

A:drag and drop action

hi,

can you right click on it and select cut instead of draging and dropping?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/drag-and-drop-action-554849.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Helo every1!

I have a small prob here with my XP wich is running in VMware fusion on mac.
Wosnt shure if i should post this in mac forum or here but its a xp failour after all so...
I cant drag n drop! Right click and copy/cut paste works fine its jus realy anoying...
Iv tried rightclick Start/Properties/Start Menu Tab/Advanced/Enablr drag n drop, iv checked the registry, got a registry edit from http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, etcetcetcetc!!...
Any 1 got sum more ideas? plzz...

Wuld be real greatfull! Thx in advance...

Bj

A:XP/Mac Fusion Drag n`Drop

HI BTHC,

Try upgrading Vmware and re-installing VMWare tools.
If this doesn't work, try and change your guest colour settings to 32-bit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-mac-fusion-drag-n-drop-392830.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a 1 Tb internal HDD and my old 500 Gb WD Ext HDD. Recently I moved some of my folders from the Ext Drive to the Internal Drive. That was when I noticed that Win 7 allows Drag n Drop [MOVE] within the same drive, but Drag n Drop becomes [COPY] across different drives. I know this is really not a huge issue but I'd like to know if there's some way I can Drag n Drop [MOVE] files across different drives.

A:Drag n Drop across drives

Quote: Originally Posted by justalogin

I have a 1 Tb internal HDD and my old 500 Gb WD Ext HDD. Recently I moved some of my folders from the Ext Drive to the Internal Drive. That was when I noticed that Win 7 allows Drag n Drop [MOVE] within the same drive, but Drag n Drop becomes [COPY] across different drives. I know this is really not a huge issue but I'd like to know if there's some way I can Drag n Drop [MOVE] files across different drives.

There are two options available to you:Do the drag operation as normal with the left-button, but just before you release the mouse at the target location, press and hold the <SHIFT> key.
Use the right-button to perform the drag. When you release the mouse button at the target location, you will be presented with a menu from which you can choose "Move Here", "Copy Here", "Create Shortcut Here" or "Cancel".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/102575-drag-n-drop-across-drives.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Everyone.

Does anyone have a code or can direct me to where I can find a code that will allow me to drag a "record" (row) from a table to a row in a table on a subform?

What I've found drags a field to a field. I need to drag the entire record or row and it populate in the row I drop it to.

Thanks!!!

Relevancy 64.07%

Why can't I drag an icon from the notification area to my desktop or taskbar? I found some help on how to create a shortcut by right clicking screen and selecting new and so on, then type in some code and then change icon picture if I wanted to. That a long an drawn out process. I can drag and drop anything else but nothing from the notification area. Odd.....

A:drag and drop icons

Hi Bassfisher,

This is normal for the Notification System Tray icons. The only way to have a shortcut of these is to copy them from the Start menu shortcut of the program it is for, or create one for from the program exe file. Afterwards, you can place the new shortcut where you like.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/173143-drag-drop-icons.html
Relevancy 64.07%

i have a eeepc 1001px with xp, and can't drag and drop files, plus, when i start windows, can't open start menu, i have to clic the windows button to do so.....WHY????

A:drag and drop heeeelp

Welcome to the forum bouncer620! Unfortunately, you posted in the wrong part of the forums. Hopefully someone can move your post to the appropriate section.

Mod edit: Moved to Windows XP forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drag-and-drop-heeeelp-548216.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello All,

I've been googling this issue and can't seem to get the right search phrase going, or I'm the only one experiencing this issue.

The problem: Cannot drag and drop folders if the folder tree being dragged is 3 or more folders deep.

I get the error dialog: "You need permission to perform this action", with a "Try Again" and "Cancel" button.

I can drag folders out of the tree with no problem as long as the tree is less than 3 deep. Example:

Folder1
__|___Folder2
____|___Folder3

I cannot drag Folder1 anywhere, but can drag Folder2 or Folder3 without a problem, and then I can drag Folder1 when the children are gone, or the depth is reduced to two.

I've tried the "Take Ownership" and "Modify Permissions" tutorials, but the problem persists. None of the folders are virtual or shortcuts.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/210216-need-permission-drag-drop.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a question regarding windows XP services that I was hoping someone could help me with.

I run Serato Scratch Live DJ software on my laptop and in order to get the best performance I created a hardware profile in which I disabled a ton of Windows services. It works nicely, there's only 14 background processes running and Serato runs great. The only problem is Click and Drag functionality has been disabled. I cant drag and drop songs in the Serato software, or drag around icons on the windows desktop. I was wondering if anyone knew which Windows service provided click and drag functionality so I can re-enable it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455466/drag-and-drop-service/
Relevancy 64.07%

While on the internet, I cannot drag and drop things (pictures) to complete projects that I am working on. I have worked on Shutterfly,Walmart Photo and One other that I cannot recall the name right now. I cannot drag and drop on any of these sights.
I am able to drag things on my desktop, and event in my Hotmail account. Help please!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/drag-and-drop-does-not-work-320050.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So I came back from a trip (4 months long) and found out that I lost the ability to drag and drop files in windows xp .. I asked my sister about it, and said that she installed a vista shell theme long time ago.... Well this theme changed some icons to be like the vista's... and some animations ex. empty trash or copying files looks like the ones from vista..
I'm not sure how to fix this but I'm guessing it has something to do with the shell...
Help please?

A:cannot drag and drop windows xp

Uninstall the vista shell?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-drag-and-drop-windows-xp-328797.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Please Help. I keep all of my music on my computer and cannot organize anything now that all of the sudden I cannot drag and drop any files whatsoever. I have tried many solutions posted on the internet and none of them have worked. Are there any ideas?

A:Cannot Drag and Drop Files - Please Help

Hi again starsfan,

Try this...
Right Click Start > Properties > Start Menu > Customise > Advanced > scroll down and check the box Enable dragging and Dropping > Apply > ok > ok.
You should now be able to 'drag and drop' any files/folders on your machine.
Post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-drag-and-drop-files-please-help-239032.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I used to be able to drag and drop images to WORD in Windows 98. Now that I have Windows ME installed I only get an icon if I drag. What a drag! Is there something I'm missing? I know I can still 'insert' an image, but I much prefer to drag 'em!

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

After using Windows 8 pro for couple of days, i was on Windows 7 pro before i noticed some problems while working with my applications.
For example,
I'm unable to drag and drop a wav file into another application (from windows explorer to audio application), while before worked ok.
Is there any option to enable or some registry trick or anything

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Matej

A:Drag and Drop problem

This typically happens if you are running the application with elevated privileges. Windows doesn't allow a lower privileged application to interact with a higher privileged one, because doing so is unsafe.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/15434-drag-drop-problem.html
Relevancy 64.07%

http://www.uciteljska.net/razno/RimljaniKljuc/

Hi, everybody,
I am new here and hope somebody will answer me.
For the time I am working on an educational sites - history. In Dreamweaver I am trying to make a drag and drop exersise, which will be good as I think, but I would like to have a sound (or some other confirmation) that the solver's solution is OK.

Please, see my excersise (trial version of course.) You have to drag the persons in the three left up rectangles.
Please, let me also know if there is any improvement possible.

And, I am not very young, so I need very step by step explanation.

THANK you,
regards, Natasa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-and-drop-in-dreamweaver.826416/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am now getting this dialogue when I move a file/folder from one to another. I have no idea what this would have to do with IE but 'seems' to have started after installing recent update that installs IE10. This is very annoying. Any help out there?

Relevancy 64.07%

I do digital art and right now am climbing the walls with the not quite failure of Drag and drop in Vista Windows keep opening fully of their own accord and items I want to look at on-line are deleting before I can get near them That is in a page full of images that I want to view individually and comment on I have tried all manner of anti virus programs my drivers are all up to date Vista is fully updated and I cannot find any adware or spyware on my system Windows Defender is active Windows Firewall is active and I am currently running AVG Free version which is the same as the copy I purchased a year ago When you had to pay for a bit AVG I have and drop Drag failure Administrator activated and have no idea how to deactivate it The forums I have looked at say it cannot be deactivated I have found other people are having this problem or ones very similar They seem to be struggling as am I I think people like us who have paid for this software should Drag and drop failure be able to obtain a free update to Windows when It is screwing up their daily work All helpful suggestions welcome PLEASE

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/237223-drag-drop-failure.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I had given up trying to make this particular drag and drop work drag an explorer file or desktop icon to an old XP app to create a shortcut link problem Drop Drag and in that app when fiddling around I discovered the Adminstrators 'super user' account tried the drag and drop and it worked fine the symptom of 'Not Working' is that when the item is dragged to the app the 'no entry' sign appears There was a combination of settings which I cannot reproduce which showed a small when dragged to the application but the Drag and Drop problem drop still did nothing - no short cut icon appeared So what Drag and Drop problem do I have to change in my normal user account member of administrators to make this drag and drop work I have tried 'Run as administrator' but that made no difference Ive read about dropping to 'Run as User' apps from 'Run as Admin' apps but thats not the problem at least problem occurs when app is run as user or run as admin I have tried 'Turning off UAC' but that made no difference So what else do I need to change TFAI

A:Drag and Drop problem

So much for Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate being the same

The jet Toolbar application works fine under Windows 7 Ultimate but has the symptoms described under Enterprise.

Presumably the default settings on security or other complex 'feature' are different in the two versions

Thanks Bill.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143802-drag-drop-problem.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone,
I'm unable to drag and drop anything. This problem started suddenly a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's an issue with my touchpad or something with Vista. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and I'm using the built in touch pad. There are no other issues, clicking and scrolling works fine, but it will not "hold on" to anything. Can anyone help? Thanks!

A:Help? Drag and Drop not working.

Can you try with the mouse or another touch pad?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281056-help-drag-drop-not-working.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My desktop seems ossified and I cannot place icons where I want them - suggestions
!

A:Desktop drag and drop

Hi, If you have already done this, then, there may be other ways to fix it...just try these steps.

Right click on the blank area of your desktop background, right on the screen.....Look for the line that says "Arrange Icons...." and then,
uncheck Auto Arrange. You should then be able to drag icons where you want and they should stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-drag-and-drop.467600/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm using an old version of Adobe Audition (version 1.5) with Windows 8 and it works fine except for one thing - I can't drag and drop audio files into the program.

If I change the value of the EnableLUA registry key to 0, which completely disables User Account Control, drag and drop works in Audition but then of course Metro apps will not work.

Running Audition with administrator privileges doesn't allow drag and drop.

Is there any way to fix this? Any way to make Audition exempt from UAC in some way, as it seems to be that that's preventing drag and drop from working?

Thanks!

A:How to fix this drag and drop/UAC issue?

You can try compatibility mode. I said "try" because it might or might not work.

You'll need to specify, in what i found out, Windows XP SP3 compatibility and see if that alone (no run as admin) will do better.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/17261-how-fix-drag-drop-uac-issue.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Our two year old DELL bought the farm, and it has been a joy trying to save and move files that we can find. When trying to drag from MY DOCUMENTS to a CD-R disc, we get an error message " Windows does not support this CD-R format."
Does this make sense to anyone out there?
Also seems like in the past before we could Drag and drop,somewhere--I dont know where- we had to click on DLA.
Can someone out there set me straight on the click by click for dragging and dropping? On the DLA, seems like I remember that it said only one drive could have this designation.
It would be nice to get this thing up and running for my grandkid.
Thanks

A:Drag and drop problems.

DLA is for formatted cdrw disks.Dragging and dropping is to formatted rw cd's otherwise I would suggest using recordnow Max to move files to cdr since it has to be onboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drag-and-drop-problems.477835/
Relevancy 64.07%

Many months ago a thread was posted on these forums regarding an inability to right click on the start menu, and in effect not allowing the user to sort his start menu effectively. 3 weeks ago I installed servicepack 2, and this problem decided to invade my once perfect workspace. After investigation and coming up with an appropriate solution, I set out to remedy my issue.

The saviour it seemed, was to be located in the "taskbar and start menu" properties, under customize (for the xp menu, not classic), in the advanced tab. After asking around, I determined that something was missing. In the start menu box, I was told there was an option to "enable drag and drop". Alas, as you can clearly see in the attached picture, it is not :(. Nor is it a stand alone option.

Any help regarding where on earth my little drag'n'drop friend has gone would be much appreciated :~)

Cheers
Spotila

A:Drag'n'drop option gone~

it puzzles me that much too :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dragndrop-option-gone-19385.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

Drag and drop not working, when I may able to drag a shortcut to desktop but cant drop any file to any software and browsers like chrome.

when I do so the mouse pointer turn into to NO symbol

A:Drag and Drop not working

Have you tried the Solution in the Link below ...

Drag and Drop Not Working in Windows 7 - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347949-drag-drop-not-working.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am using Win7 Ultimate 64bit on a HP Touchsmart. Drag & drop is not working for some reason & I have tried all the fixes like holding the mouse button & hitting escape but nothing works. I have a Logitech Trackball mouse but I tried another mouse with the same results. I hope someone can help me with this.

A:Drag & drop not functioning

I use 2 methods for diagnosing such a problem, first is to reboot into Safe Mode and try to drag and drop a file in Windows Explorer and the other is to boot to a Linux LiveCD/LiveDVD and do the same, should confirm or eliminate whether it's a hardware issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345675-drag-drop-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 64.07%

ok, I'm a desktop publisher/graphic designer by trade. and i damn well can't drag and drop files from explorer into photoshop or illustrator, or Filezilla for uploading.

a quick fix i did was to give my major programs admin rights (*.exe > RMB > properties > compatibility "run this program as an administrator")

this seems to work but it is fussy as to when it wants to work 100% of the time.

Also any programs that need to run as xp compatible (eg: yz-dock) can not have the drag and drop ability as they in turn are running at xp compatible being a "child" as it were of yz-dock. once the same shortcut is on the desktop....it works ok.

NB: my design programs are in the task bar/quickstart area and not on yz-dock. hence my concerns.

anyone got any workarounds/solutions for this?

Relevancy 64.07%

For a few weeks now i havent been able to drag and drop items/icons from my desktop to another desktop folder

I completely forgot how to check and see if d&d was disabled

thanks for the help