Windows Support Forum

Can't open 32bit IE9

Q: Can't open 32bit IE9

Hi. I have windows 7 64 bit installed. There are 2 IE9's in the start menu listed Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer (64bit). Either one I choose opens the 64bit version. I i go to program files(x86)/internet explorer and open it from there it works. So I pin it to the taskbar, click on it and it once again opens the 64 bit version.
Can anyone help?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't open 32bit IE9

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't open 32bit IE9

Open start menu, right click on IE (the non x64 one), click on properties. What is the path on the shortcut tab? It should be:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Where C:\ is your OS drive

Also confirm Start in path is:

%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/180046-cant-open-32bit-ie9.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I can not open some programs in windows 7. This is a brand new Dell Laptop. I install all of these programs 4 days ago and they worked fine. Now when I try and open these same programs. I get the motion circular object as if the program is opening, however the programe never starts. If you click on the program again, each instance will appear in the task manager, but the program will not open. I have ran the compatiblity check on these apps. Open for suggestions.

Thanks

A:Can't open programs in WINDOWS 7 Pro 32bit

NEVER MIND! Problem Solved. A program that we run was not comptiable with windows 7 was the cause of this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141870-cant-open-programs-windows-7-pro-32bit.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay just got a new PC with Win Bit recently When I set the UAC to its default setting - quot Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer quot programs in my Startup list such as my Firewall ZoneAlarm and antivirus Avira don't - Many programs 64 won't 7, open Bit 32Bit Windows appear in the system tray - although there's a process running for them in the Many 32Bit programs won't open - Windows 7, 64 Bit task manager This isn't normal behaviour they should show up in the system tray as Many 32Bit programs won't open - Windows 7, 64 Bit well Additionally with UAC set like that windows asks EVERY time when I try to open an application such as Windows Live Messenger which also won't run at startup Although at least I can open it this way If I switch UAC off by moving the slider to the lowest setting my antivirus and firewall sometimes appear in the system tray But trying to launch for example Windows Live Messenger does nothing There's no message to say it hasn't worked or I need to OK it it just appears to do nothing When I look at the task manager again there's a Process running for it but no Application What's going on The same thing will happen with Bit IE doesn't seem to run but there's a Process there and nothing under Applications but Bit IE launches fine I've tried setting all these programs to Run as Administrator every time and changing the Compatibility settings where possible but this made no difference If it helps most games seem to launch fine without any popup no matter what I do Could anyone suggest a way of either getting Windows to remember what I picked for the UAC popups so I only see them once per program or help me understand why switching UAC off makes many programs not work at all You can be as technical as you like about it I'll follow okay Or if there's an alternative such as running EVERYTHING under the administrator account all the time I'd be interested to hear it The user account I'm doing this under has administrator access though Thanks very much for any help you can offer

A:Many 32Bit programs won't open - Windows 7, 64 Bit

As for programs appearing in the tray, go to the right click menu of the Taskbar>Properties>Notification Area Customize and then set programs according to your preference as to how they are displayed. For the remainder of your question, I'll defer to someone else, because I always disable the UAC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/76571-many-32bit-programs-wont-open-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Just got a new Acer Aspire laptop which is a Bit computer bundled with Win Home Bit edition Every time I open the Bit version of IE it crashes on start up I've disabled all add-in's uninstalled Flash OCX as I heard it IE8 64Bit open OS 32Bit on crashes everytime I Win7 it can cause browsers to crash uninstalled adobe Tried resetting browser options back to default tried various switches to start IE in different modes Sometimes I can get it to open up without crashing but as soon as I try to navigate or do anything it crashes straight away If I boot Windows in Safe mode with Networking support IE Bit IE8 32Bit crashes everytime I open it on Win7 64Bit OS loads fine no crashing So it must be driver third party related but what In Event log this is the error logged for the issue Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Tristan-PC Description Faulting application name iexplore exe version time stamp x a bc e Faulting module name unknown version time stamp x Exception code xc Fault offset x Faulting process id xe Faulting application start time x ca a d c c Faulting application path C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe Faulting module path unknown Report Id ccd e f -f - de- af- d bdc c Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Tristan-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt iexplore exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a bc e lt Data gt lt Data gt unknown lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt ca a d c c lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe lt Data gt lt Data gt unknown lt Data gt lt Data gt ccd e f -f - de- af- d bdc c lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt No problems with IE Bit edition Help

A:IE8 32Bit crashes everytime I open it on Win7 64Bit OS

This is just like uninstalling, so you come back with a new IE. In search type turn windows off windows. Then click on turn windows on and off. Then turn if off. Warning, you cannot surf the net at all until you turn it back on

After you turn it off ..Boot up again and turn it back on.

Wishing you the best.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/50860-ie8-32bit-crashes-everytime-i-open-win7-64bit-os.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So, as the title says, I had Win7 - 32bit first...
I decided to dualboot it with 64, so I could have a clean partition (64bit) and still have all my programs of my 32bit...

When I boot, the 32bit gets a BSOD, and even windows startup repair can't repair it... But 64bit does launch great!

My specs;

Processor 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad-processor Q9000
Memory 4 GB DDR3
HD 320 GB @ 7200 rpm
Graphic card; nVidia GeForce 9600M GT 1gb etcetcetc

TY for your help

A:BSOD on 32bit after dualbooting Win7 32bit with 64bit

Can you boot into Safe Mode? Press F8 at startup to access the menu. If so, remove Daemon Tools or whatever other virtual drive software that you have installed.

Bugchecks 0xC5, 0x7E, and 0x8E:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Devin\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI07.894\012910-30716-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x8304b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x83193810
Debug session time: Fri Jan 29 15:13:16.774 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:16.506
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C5, {e008, 2, 0, 8316b795}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+135 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is
caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. Run the driver
verifier against any new (or suspect) drivers, and if that doesn't turn up
the culprit, then use gflags to enable special pool.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000e008, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 8316b795, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xC5_2

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+135
8316b795 8b10 mov edx,dword ptr [eax]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

TRAP_FRAME: 807868a4 -- (.trap 0xffffffff807868a4)
ErrCode = 00000000
eax=0000e008 ebx=000001ff ecx=000001ff edx=83180a40 esi=83180a40 edi=831808c0
eip=8316b795 esp=80786918 ebp=80786950 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010202
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x135:
8316b795 8b10 mov edx,dword ptr [eax] ds:0023:0000e008=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 8316b795 to 830917eb

STACK_TEXT:
807868a4 8316b795 badb0d00 83180a40 8329209c nt!KiTrap0E+0x2cf
80786950 8316a8aa 831808c0 00000000 00000000 nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x135
807869b8 831eea0d 86b896c8 00000000 00000000 nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x8a4
80786b9c 833fc853 00000001 00000000 80786bd4 nt!IopLoadDriver+0xad2
80786be8 833f887b 8080fe28 8080ab70 00000000 nt!IopInitializeSystemDrivers+0x163
80786c6c 833fde6f 0080ab70 859c6818 859c64a8 nt!IoInitSystem+0x6de
80786d48 831d647c 80786d90 8325966d 8080ab70 nt!Phase1InitializationDiscard+0xce4
80786d50 8325966... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-32bit-after-dualbooting-win7-32bit-with-64bit-463072.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Is it generally not a problem to choose to install a piece of 32bit software outside the win 7 default program folder for 32bit software?
Or is 32bit software only supposed to be running flawlessly, if installed in that
default 32bit folder?
Thanks.

A:W7 64bit:Ok to install 32bit programs outside the 32bit programfolder?

Go ahead and install the program wherever you want. The different folders make no difference. It's just to help you keep track of which programs are 32-bit and which are 64-bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/97187-w7-64bit-ok-install-32bit-programs-outside-32bit-programfolder.html
Relevancy 43%

no matter what i try no matter what i do disable in bios or w/e it still freezes and i cant be the only one w/ this issue. can Any one help?

my specs are in my profile yes their being done as clean installs

---edit---
by odd chance i found out why i was freezing. it was my Netgear WG311T wifi extremeG card .

took it out and i dont freeze up anymore

A:Still freezing up with 7077 32bit/7100 32bit

I ended up installing an old netgear witreless pci card the ma311 card. the drivers for it only went up to xp and the computer didnot recognize the card at first. the wg311t was recognised by the windows 7 and it installed then my computer froze i think that the drivers that the os has in it cause a conflict so i sugges going to the netgear website and getting the xp drivers it my be a solution for the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/7877-still-freezing-up-7077-32bit-7100-32bit.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi guys, noob here. I just got a new computer with Win7 Home Premium 64-bit, and previously was using XP. In XP I was able to add Photoshop to the "Open with" menu upon right-clicking any .jpg file, but I'm having trouble doing this in Win7. It will only allow me to add the 64bit version, which is not working on my system for some reason (the 32bit version works fine.)

Is there a way to get the 32 bit version to add to the menu? Right now, even if I select the Photoshop 32bit version, it still adds the 64bit version to the menu for some reason.

A:How to add Photoshop 32bit to "Open With" in 64bit OS?

Hi there,

You may have already done this, but I can't quite tell from your description.

1. Right-click on a file of the type for which you want to set Photoshop as the default.
2. Go to "Open with...", click "Choose default program...", and then click "Browse."
3. Go to C:\Program Files (x86) and follow the folder path to reach Photoshop.
4. Select the Photoshop executable (.exe), click "Open", make sure the box labeled "Always use the selected program to open this type of file" is checked, then click "OK".

Let me know if that solves your problem.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/53193-how-add-photoshop-32bit-open-64bit-os.html
Relevancy 41.71%

With no real issues.

Will I have any issues if I upgrade to Windows 7 64?

My computer came with Vista 32bit

A:Went from Vista 32bit to Windows 7 32bit.

It more than likely can do x64 without knowing something about your hardware no one can be certain. Most chips made since the introduction of vista do support 64 bit though. The only real question is if your cpu runs 64 bit instructions or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/183419-went-vista-32bit-windows-7-32bit.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi everybody I picked will no RKill Action that open open, not browser and Explorer open, Internel center MalwareBytes only won't will up some nasty malware AVG was updating and suddenly everything just fell apart I can t run any installation programs regardless of the extension or name I ve tried to install Rkill and MalwareBytes with absolutely no luck It defaults to needing to be unblocked in the properties and no matter what compatibility mode I use it will not run I get Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open a error when I try to open the security center In the taskbar I have an Action Center alert that says Important Message and Total Messages The Action Center will not open at all I do not have access to a USB key as I am not home but I will be Tuesday evening Any help would be infinitely appreciated Other notes I forgot I m on Windows Ultimate -bit and I am constantly getting errors that Windows can t load and needs to be repaired It runs and restarts sometimes being repaired and other times not Thanks a lot Jared

A:Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open

An update.

I've tried running MalwareBytes and RKill from a flash drive which is also not working. Windows also ends up unable to load, the startup repair runs and things work fine. Not long after Windows tries to update and then it becomes unable to load again and the startup repair runs again.

I tried running a registry fix for the .exe problem and I get an error stating that the registry is being used even when no programs are running and I am in safe mode.

Hope this information helps
thanks
Jared

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398874/action-center-wont-open-internel-explorer-only-browser-that-will-open-no-malwarebytes-and-rkill-will-not-open/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello,

I'm unable to drag and drop icons from desktop to an open window or open window to open window

what happens is when i hold down the left mouse button to drag an icon from the desktop to an open window

*** the cursor changes to a black circle with a diagonal line going through it (like the no smoking sign symbol)

what is causing this to happen?

thx rob
ps: ONLY copy/cut and paste works now

A:unable to drag and drop icons from desktop to an open window or open window to open w

Check this setting. Enable Dragging and Dropping

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-drag-and-drop-icons-from-desktop-to-an-open-window-or-open-window-to-open-w.504772/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have been talking to some local "techies" who are saying that in the very near future we are only going to be able to purchase the 64bit versions of MS products. I some how find this a little hard to beleive as there are still a lot apps. out there that are 32bit only. Has any one here heard of a push by MS to move everything strictly to 64bit.

A:Is 32bit going away?

It'll take atleast more 5 yrs to completely move to 64 bit.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224381-32bit-going-away.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I was just curious if Windows 8 32 bit is able to handle more then 4g of RAM now. I know in previous versions, this was the maximum for the 32 bit. It just seems that since -everything- you buy now has 4g of ram in it, including tablets, that the software might have changed to accommodate it.

A:32bit vs 64 bit?

No ..... you can install 4 gb and more, it will just not be all available

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/13519-32bit-vs-64-bit.html
Relevancy 30.96%

so how much ram can windows 7 ult. 32-bit support? i heard it was 4gb? and just for the heck of it, does anyone have a 64bit beta key they don't want

A:32bit and ram?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sabotage

so how much ram can windows 7 ult. 32-bit support? i heard it was 4gb? and just for the heck of it, does anyone have a 64bit beta key they don't want

Most 32 bit mobo's will see 4 gigs but effectively use only about 3.3 like mine (a dell)

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/23073-32bit-ram.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Just upgraded to W7 32bit ... it's on a Dell 9200 with 4 GB RAM

W7 shows 4GB installed 3GB usable ..... is that as good as I can get ? ........... seems hell of a waste to not use 25% of available RAM ?

32bit s/w should allow addressing up to 4GB ..

Is there something I need to set ? or is that it with W7

A:W7 32bit ... can I use all of my 4GB RAM ?

Quote: Originally Posted by sargan

Just upgraded to W7 32bit ... it's on a Dell 9200 with 4 GB RAM

W7 shows 4GB installed 3GB usable ..... is that as good as I can get ? ........... seems hell of a waste to not use 25% of available RAM ?

32bit s/w should allow addressing up to 4GB ..

Is there something I need to set ? or is that it with W7

Without special hardware and software ~3.25 gigs is all you will get. If your hardware can handle it run 64 bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/212314-w7-32bit-can-i-use-all-my-4gb-ram.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Is there some kind of error or glitch here? I downloaded the 64bit (Which was 32bit) I thought I read somewhere that 64bit = 86bit..

A:64 bit = 32bit?

x86= 32 bit
x64= 64 bit
they are different

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/8160-64-bit-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I just dont get why there is a 32bit Windows 7 are there any 32bit PC's left?

Edit
Just noticed I didn't even get first post on my own forum!!

A:Why 32bit?

Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010

I just dont get why there is a 32bit Windows 7 are there any 32bit PC's left?

Edit
Just noticed I didn't even get first post on my own forum!!

LOL, The honor was all mine

Yeah its weird but 32bit is still being used as default on ever computer down under in Australia and I guess many other places?

Steven

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/10-why-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Quote CPU-Z TXT Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binaries ------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU-Z version Processors ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Number of processors Number of threads APICs ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor -- Core -- Thread -- Core -- Thread Processors Information ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor ID Number of cores max Number of threads max Name Intel Mobile Core Duo T Codename Penryn Specification Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Package platform ID Socket P x CPUID Extended CPUID Core Stepping M Technology nm Is CPU 32bit? or 64 bit my Core Speed MHz Multiplier x FSB x MHz Rated Bus speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instructions Is my CPU 64 bit or 32bit? sets MMX SSE SSE SSE SSSE SSE EM T L Data cache x KBytes -way set associative -byte line size L Instruction cache x KBytes Is my CPU 64 bit or 32bit? -way set associative -byte line size L cache KBytes -way set associative -byte line size FID VID Control yes FID range x - x Max VID V Thread dumps ------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Thread APIC ID Topology Processor ID Core ID Thread ID Type h Max CPUID level Ah Max CPUID Is my CPU 64 bit or 32bit? ext level h Cache descriptor Level D KB thread s Cache descriptor Level I KB thread s Cache descriptor Level U MB thread s CPUID x x A x E x C E x E x x x x E BD xBFEBFBFF x x B B x F x x CB x x x x x x x x C F x F x x x x C F x F x x x x C F x FFF x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x A x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x E x C x F x D x x x F x x x x x x E x A x x x x x x x x x C x x x x x x x x x x x MSR x B x xFEE MSR x x C xB F CA MSR x CD x x A MSR x F x x MSR x CE x B x MSR x A x x MSR x EE x x EB MSR x E x x MSR x C x x B MSR x x B x A MSR x x x B CPU Thread APIC ID Topology Processor ID Core ID Thread ID Type h Max CPUID level Ah Max CPUID ext level h Cache descriptor Level D KB thread s Cache descriptor Level I KB thread s Cache descriptor Level U MB thread s CPUID x x A x E x C E x E x x x x E BD xBFEBFBFF x x B B x F x x CB x x x x x x x x C F x F x x x x C F x F x x x x C F x FFF x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x A x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x E x C x F x D x x x F x x x x x x E x A x x x x x x x x x C x x x x x x x x x x x MSR x B x xFEE MSR x x C xB F CA MSR x CD x x A MSR x F x x MSR x CE x B x MSR x A x x MSR x EE x x EB MSR x E x x MSR x C x x B MSR x x A x A MSR x x x B Chipset ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Northbridge Intel PM rev C Southbridge Intel HBM ICH -ME rev B Graphic Interface PCI-Express PCI-E Link Width x PCI-E Max Link Width x Memory Type DDR Memory Size MBytes Channels Dual Symmetric Memory Frequency MHz CAS latency CL RAS to CAS delay tRCD RAS Precharge tRP Cycle Time tRAS MCHBAR I O Base address x FED MCHBAR I O Size MCHBAR registers A B C D E F C A F B A B C D E F A B C D E F F E C B BD B D A A B C D E F A B C D E F C F F A D D D D A B C D E F ED E CE DA F F F A B A B F A B C D E F E CB A C D E E CF F C A C C D E E A C CF F C B C C B C C C D D D C C A CA B E C C F C B C C C D D C C A CA B C C C B C C C D D C C A CA B C C A CA B C D D C D CD F A D B C A CA B C D D D C D CD F E D F A CA B C D D A CA B E D A C D E E CF F C A C C D E E C CF F C C B C C C D D C C A CA B A C C B C B F D D A D D A FF FF FF FF E F A B C D E F A A A E A C A A A A A A AA AB AC AD AE AF B B B A A B C B A B C D F E B A C E A C D E F F F F B A B C E B B E A D A C D E F B A A B BA BB C C C BC BD C BE DB B D B D DB BF C C C C C C C C C C C CA CB CC CD CE CF D D D D D D D D D D DA DB DC DD DE DF E A E A A C FF BC DD EF BB E DB F F C C E E E CE DC C FF F FC FF E C FF F F C FF E C E E EA EB EC ED EE EF F F F F F F F F F F F A FA FB FC FD E F FD FE FF Memory SPD --------... Read more

A:Is my CPU 64 bit or 32bit?

I've not seen a dual core that's not a 64bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/31354-my-cpu-64-bit-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.96%

HP shipped my laptop with the wrong version of Windows. Rather than go through the pain of sending it back to them to get it refunded I wanted to know one quick thing:

The back of the laptop has a key that says "PRO OA" followed by the key.

If I use the key on the back, can I just install Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, and use the key from the 32 bit version? Or no? Reason I ask is because I REALLY do not want to have to send it back and have such a huge hassle with them.

TL;DR Can I use my Win 7 Pro 32bit key, on the same computer with Win 7 Pro 64.

A:Pro 32bit key, on Pro 64

Hi Hydrogen, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Windows 7 licences are edition dependent, that's all. You can use your Windows 7 Pro key to install and activate either a 32 or a 64-bit Windows. A good example is retail packs of Windows 7; you get one licence key and both 32 and 64-bit install DVDs, then it's up to user to choose which bit version to install.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/190373-pro-32bit-key-pro-64-a.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Will my xp go slow if i install 8gb ddr 2 ram on my pc

A:XP 32bit 8GB RAM

no. Just won't use the 8 gb.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-32bit-8gb-ram-361469.html
Relevancy 30.96%

i have a hp 250 g4 but ihave widows 7 32bit  and i have a amd card graphic i surf the hp drivers but all drivers is 64bit iwant driver for amd card graphic windows 7 32bit please.

A:hp 250 g4 win 7 32bit

Try installing HP Support Assistant which will automatically download and install drivers/updates:HPSA Link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-250-g4-win-7-32bit/td-p/5725347
Relevancy 30.96%

G'day,

Windows 8.1 has now successfully been installed on the Samsung notebook mentioned a while ago which had Win 8 64 and 32 installed but that OS broke.
I installed the 32 bit version of the two available as I did not know any better.
I would now like to instal the 64 bit version in case it is required at a later date as I will not have access to the machine in the future.
Is this to be recommended?
Is it possible?
How is this done, please?
I put the 64 bit dvd in the optical drive and clicked on setup which resulted in a popup saying "this app cannot run on this PC".
Does the 64 bit installation include the attributes of the 32 bit as well?
Do I need to un-instal the 32 to enable the installation of the 64?
Hope someone can help, please.
Cheers,
stuman.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/73675-win-8-1-32bit-64-bit.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi every one

I am running Vista 64x, and I recently did fresh reinstall since then I can not go higher then 32bit its just not there to select on my Display settings or Geforce. I am using a Geforce 9800 gtx and have done all the updates drivers ect. I the system is saying every thing is working but still the highest I can select is at 32 bit. I am really stumped and could use a hand.

Thanks.

A:Will not go more then 32bit

The maximum possible graphics display capability it 32-bit - there is no better in Windows. This equates to a possible 16 million colours - if you can see more, you have problems that are not of this world

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/299214-will-not-go-more-then-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.96%

So I just bought a new XPS from Dell.
Had them put in 4gb of ram. But of course winXP is only showing 3GB. I called dell and the guy told me that despite the fact windows is only recording 3GB of ram it is using all 4gig.

Seems like a load of BS to me but I dont know 100% to go arguing with them.... yet. Can anyone confirm or disprove what the tech was saying?

Yes the BIOS records 4gigs.

Thanks

A:32bit XP and max RAM

It is in fact addressing all 4GBs.

Although, unless you are running gigantic apps, you most likely won't come anywhere near to using it all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32bit-xp-and-max-ram.719913/
Relevancy 30.96%

Running IE 8. NOT SURE IF IT'S 32bIT OR 64bIT. Went to the help, about IE but it doesn't say 32 or 64. Running a 64 bit system. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Ie 32bit?

Hello Bonkers,

If it doesn't have 64-bit to the right of the "Version"# in the "About Internet Explorer", then it is the 32-bit Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/79172-ie-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.96%

can anyone please tell me whether i should update my laptop from vista 32bit to vista 64bit.. i want to upgrade my RAM to 4Gb...currently its only 2Gb....

i want to know the procedure and would this effect my system in any way..

thanks alot!

A:32bit to 64 bit..

The procedure?

1. Install new RAM
2. Back up data
3. Format hard drive
4. Install Vista x64

There is no "upgrade" from 32-bit to 64-bit. It's a clean install only.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193994-32bit-64-bit.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi i always used win7 (32bit) but had 4gig ram, so i deciced to upgrade it to 64bit.
Both where installed fine with basic windows drivers.

But with the 32bit version my Windows Performance Index was higher then 65bit.
On the 32bit my processor and RAM got an 5+ and now with 64bit they get a 4.5.

Aren't those supposed to be better since they go from 3.3useable ram to 4?

Thanks in advance.

A:32bit better then 64?

I really dont bother about the WEI score. On Win7 32bit, my system rating was 3.7 and in 64bit, the rating dropped to 3.5. But I like 64 bit OS. Reason: Does any one still play the old 8bit games? No, right.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/71028-32bit-better-then-64-a.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

I have a 64 bit pc, (that is hardware) but my friend does not, is it true that there will be 2 versions of vist one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit, which will ruin both 64 bit and 32 bit. or is it just the one verison which is 64 bit which runs 32 bit aswell as 64?

thanks,
OJ

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/886-vist-64-bit-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Apart from the 64bit not able to run BBC iPlayer etc, what is the difference between the two? I am running 32Bit version at present on 64Bit Windows 7. Also does anyone know if IE9 will enable the playing of iPlayer etc on the 64Bit versiom?

A:IE8 32Bit v 64Bit

Quote: Originally Posted by bsquire

Apart from the 64bit not able to run BBC iPlayer etc, what is the difference between the two? I am running 32Bit version at present on 64Bit Windows 7. Also does anyone know if IE9 will enable the playing of iPlayer etc on the 64Bit versiom?

That just really depends on whether or not the BBC iPlayer plugin is made available in 64-bit also.

This is the primary reason why 64-Bit Internet Explorer adoption has been so slow. You can't use a 32-bit plugin on the 64-bit version of IE.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/109186-ie8-32bit-v-64bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

anyone know what the max memory the 32bit version of vista reads, i have 4096mb of memory but it doesnt read all off it =|

A:32bit vista

Either 3GB or 3.5GB i don't quite remember

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32bit-vista.612868/
Relevancy 30.53%

Im trying to figure out how to get my MSDos-mode hardrives to get to 32bit harddrives. Im totaly confused and need help. Ive reinstalled windows and downloaded the newest drivers for the hardrive and controller card, and the contoller card has the question mark next to it in the system tools....

When i try to copy files, every 5 secs or so my computer will freeze for 10 secs, then start going again, and freeze. I think this is caused by the MSDOS mode harddrives.

The reson I wasnt the 32-bit harddrives is because i want to connect 2 moniters to my computer and the help file tells me I need a 32-bit harddrive mode.

Im really confused and frustrated... it would help me alot if someone replied to this.

--Thanks

Relevancy 30.53%

i have a problem about BSOD with my desktop. The details of this error in attach file. Please help me, thanks so much

Attachment 347685

A:Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_trap win 7 32bit

There are not any dump files contained within this folder. Make sure your system is configured to at least create kernel memory dumps - also, look to see if you have any recent .dmp files in either \Windows (memory.dmp) or *.dmp files in \Windows\Minidump.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359513-unexpected_kernel_mode_trap-win-7-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%
Relevancy 30.53%

Ok so i already installed the 64bit win7 on my computer and i love it but i was wondering if:

can i install the 32bit Windows7 on another computer with the same product key?

A:64 and 32bit installation

No, you can not. A product key is good for one installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/34848-64-32bit-installation.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I got a new laptop and its 64 bit, i was wondering is it possible to install both a 32bit XP/Vista/7 partition with a 64bit 7 partition as well? I know i have to install the older os first after wiping the drive if i choose xp or vista. Never had a 64bit computer before and i knew i couldn't use 64 bit on my old 32 bit laptop so i am wondering if i can do that now? Thanks

A:32bit & 64bit OS Help

Quote: Originally Posted by SupermaNn

i was wondering is it possible to install both a 32bit XP/Vista/7 partition with a 64bit 7 partition as well?

You ask if you can install "both" but then list four OS's. Which do you want to install, and why?

You don't have to install them in order of age if you already have Win7. You can shrink it's partition and add new partitions for the other OS's following these tutorials:
Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and Vista
Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

I would seriously consider virtualizing XP using Virtual Player, Virtual Box or VMWare freeware. You'll have a lot of problems adding an XP installation although we can help you work through them - starting with repairing Win7 to start it up after XP install so you can add XP using EasyBCD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/208287-32bit-64bit-os-help.html
Relevancy 30.53%

hi folks,

my internet exsplorer 32 bit isnt working,
64 bit works fine.

i have done some research and suposedly a program called asustek isnt letting me use 32 bit IE.

i suposedly need to delete or disable this file ( HsMgr.exe 32 )

i cant fine asustek or hsmgr.exe 32 on my computer anywhere, is it a hidden file?

any help much apreciated.

my computer is a dell inspiron 1545, vista home dition i think. its a laptop

thanks again

A:help please, 32bit IE not working

Welcome

Not familiar with atha particular file. If it is hidden, this may help you find it.

Hidden Files and Folders

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/280069-help-please-32bit-ie-not-working.html
Relevancy 30.53%

So as the title implies I am Trying to Install Win Pro bit over Win XP on a Toshiba Satellite P -RT Laptop When I begin the install it eventually pops up quot Windows could not retrieve information about disks on this computer quot Most people suggest quot This error usually can occur because the VDS is set to disabled To resolve it you need to enable the Virtual Disk service quot The problem is when I run SERVICES MSC Virtual Disk Service isn t listed anywhere so then people suggest to run devmgmt msc expand the drives go to Properties Volumes Tab amp click quot Populate quot then (32bit) Win Pro to Win 7 Install Trying over XP Insert the Windows installation disc and launch Setup exe Still I get the same error Even when I dont click ok in the volumes Tab and leave it up Is there something I m Missing or is there another possibility for this issue Thanks in advance to anyone who can help shed some light here nbsp

A:Trying to Install Win 7 Pro (32bit) over Win XP

First of all. What are you doing.? A full install of 7 . If so you will need to wipe the hard drive first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-win-7-pro-32bit-over-win-xp.202865/
Relevancy 30.53%

Well ok, but what if i've got dell xps 1530 and on their web page there are only drivers for vista 32bit and i have win7 and now i want to migrate to 64bit? I have to choose different model but in the other model they inserting different components. Not all of them but some. Why the hell people from dell sticking only wit vista? Win 7 is not so new system any more.

A:32bit to 64bit

Quote: Originally Posted by binks

Well ok, but what if i've got dell xps 1530 and on their web page there are only drivers for vista 32bit and i have win7 and now i want to migrate to 64bit? I have to choose different model but in the other model they inserting different components. Not all of them but some. Why the hell people from dell sticking only wit vista? Win 7 is not so new system any more.

I can only assume Dell still have a load of Vista rigs to shift first. There may even be people who want to stick with Vista - can't think why though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/166642-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello,
my motherboard manuel says if only one memory moduel is used it will be in single channel mode and not duel channel mode.
can any please tell me if i fit 2x4gb memory moduels but only install win 7 32bit( which will only see up to a total of 4bg of memory), will my motherboard run in duel channel or single channel.

also will the other 4bg memory moduel ever get used if i install win 7 32 bit.

A:[SOLVED] win 7 32bit or win 7 64 bit

If installed in the correct slots the memory will still run in Dual Channel but as

you are aware Windows (32-BIT) will only recognize up to about 3.25GB of memory.

If installing 8GB then it would be beneficial to have a 64-bit OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win-7-32bit-or-win-7-64-bit-660198.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi ,

About 7 months ago I bought a Toshiba notebook (A100-599) and there is 32bit vista home premium comes with it. But after a while I got bored and installed xp maybe it's because everyone was saying things like vista is not ready yet...
The thing I wonder is should I stick with the 32bit home premium or go buy a 64 bit ? I actually don't know if my laptop can run 64bit but it says that core2duo processors can do it.
If someone can help me out of this I'll be really glad .

PS : I'm a normal home user, I don't really use programs that can push the processor too hard but still I use photoshop and play games sometimes. Is there an important performance difference between 32bit and 64bit ?

A:32bit or 64bit ?

Hi tcukran!
Welcome to the forum!
If you click the link below it will take you to the download page of the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisory Tool. Download/install then run this tool and it will tell you of what the laptop can handle. Also for software like Photoshop you might want to check the maker of that software and see if they have a Vista 64 bit edition.

Windows Vista: Upgrade Advisor

Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/120658-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I want to know that can i use 32bit insted of 64bit if i use then whats the problme

A:32bit or 64 bit difference

Hi, we need more information to understand what you may be trying to do.
32-bit and 64-bit explained in the links below.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows#1TC=windows-7
=
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/32-bit-and-64-bit-explained.htm

Let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32bit-or-64-bit-difference.1139908/
Relevancy 30.53%

Pardon my ignorance, but where do we go to find out which bit we are running?
Thanks
Jack

A:64bit vs 32bit

right click "computer" and look under "system type".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144658-64bit-vs-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

BSOD WIN 7 32BIT C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ATAPI.SYS

A:BSOD WIN 7 32BIT

Hi Welcome to TSF

Can you provide more information about this BSOD

follow this article and post the files here
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-win-7-32bit-658991.html
Relevancy 30.53%

what is up with the 64 bit processors? they are so so so expensive, its like 1000$ for a 2.6 ghz one, how would this 2.6 64-bit compare to a 2.6 32-bit?

A:64bit vs 32bit

64bit?

64bit processors have the ability to run 64 bit operating systems(i.e. windows xp pro 64bit), and use 64 bit applications. 64 bit allows more system memory, among other things. Yeah the fx55 amd is over $1000 and is "only" 2.6ghz. But it is the fastest cpu in existance right now, so that "justifies" it's price. It beats an intel 3.8ghz. A 64bit 1.8ghz cpu, which is equivalent to a p4 3ghz is about $150. Not that expensive, and way cheaper than intel's new 64 bit chips.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/64bit-vs-32bit.21880/
Relevancy 30.53%

If I do this, will it over-write my 'stuff' (installed programs, personal data)? I don't really have much stuff yet - the 32bit is a new install; but my major concern is MS Word - will it work in a 64bit environment?

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys,

My HP i3 G62 came standard windows 7 64bit 4gig ram, currently im using windows 10 enterprise 32bit. It detects 8gig ram installed on the laptop , my problem is that i want to use 64bit but wen i install windows enterprise 64bit laptop displays automatic repair and boot loops. it wont work with 8gig / 4gig of ram. It will only startup with 2gig of ram.

Please help solve this issue.

Thank you in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/46294-windows-10-32bit-64-bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

i am wondering if some of the info given here is meant for 64 only, i have a 32 and
sometimes its hard to distinguish a good solution for me or someone with a 64....

A:vista64bit or 32bit...

Hello Dustii, and welcome to Vista Forums.

The information here applies to both the 32-bit and 64-bit Vista unless otherwise stated.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/264018-vista64bit-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I read in another post this Type msinfo or msinfo in your run box The one that works is the one that you have Click to expand When I right click on my computer and view properties it tells me that the system is a bit system But when I follow the above quote only quot msinfo quot works So what does that mean Is my PC defaulting to bit or something or is the above quote wrong I have been having a real headache finding bit software so I think it is bit Also when I view processes in task manager it lists the processes that are bit by putting a next to the process Another question I have is that I use the bit ie But when I view the processes it shows an iexplore and a plain old iexplore which I assume is bit When the OS is using both bit and bit software does the whole system or 64bit? it Is 32bit default to Or does the processes run independent and some of them operate in and some in THanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

Good morning -
I successfully installed Win 7 from the Family Upgrade as 32 bit. Now, after a bit of research, I wish I had used the 64 bit instead.

This begs 2 questions - first, will it "cost" me another license to change?
Second, is it possible to complete without losing my information.

Thanks for you inpuf!!!

mb

A:Installed 32bit - would like to try 64 bit

No - you don't have to pay for anything extra. You can install the 64 bit version.
No - you will lose all of your data that is on the system partition (ie: C drive). You cannot upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit; that requires a clean install. You will have to back up all of your data to another partition/external drive/USB/etc.

Review these sticky posts:

Questions to use for help with Installation Issues

Tutorial quick reference list for Installing Windows 7

Doing a Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36198-installed-32bit-would-like-try-64-bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Is it possible to install an XP Pro 32 bit version onto a 64bit motherboard and an AMD 64 x2 processor?

Thanks

A:Xp Pro 32bit On 64 Bit Mobo

The answer should be "Yes" - but the make and model of the motherboard will help us to ensure that this is correct.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125023/xp-pro-32bit-on-64-bit-mobo/
Relevancy 30.53%

ok, quick question (with poll):

32bit vista, or 64bit vista?

do both come with the retail versions of the upgrade kit?

please select your answers in the above poll (for both questions) and post (for bumping purposes).

i own a legal copy of xp media center, and would like to get a copy of vista upgrade and use the "fresh install from an upgrade" trick (i dont see this as being wrong since i have an xp LEGALLY).

Relevancy 30.53%

Pros and Cons? i wasn't worried about it until i read that it will limit your ram to around 3g even if you have 4G's. will it affect lots of programs right now or are is it compatible with most 32 bit operating applications?

Relevancy 30.53%

I do not believe i have problem,here is what i am working with on 2 pc's.
PC #1,I installed WIN 7 OS 64BIT, I put in a SSDH HYBRID HDD 1TB HDD,has 4GB"S of ram,GT610 GPU,500WATT PSU,PC is great just a little tweaking to do.
It is a DELL E 521 AMD 64,3.0 CPU and when i run Speecy to see what is inside of it,it comes up with 64bit in the PC, has a 3.0 cpu
PC#2,I want to install the same setup as these PC'S are essentially the same inside would there be any draw backs as to whether i install a 32bit or 64bit WIN 7 OS,this PC also says AMD 64 on tower.
The 2nd PC only has a stock 305watt PSU.

A:32bit or 64bit WIN 7 ?

w7 should work fine on the PC2.
Hook up all hardware you will use and run this tool to see if all will work with the X64.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=20

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/326975-32bit-64bit-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey guys, About 7 months ago I bought myself a laptop, windows 7 home edition, during installation phase at the time I didn't know the difference between 32bit and 64bit, Have a Legit copy of Windows 7. Want to re-install 7 to 64bit to utilize the remainder of my RAM, Although when I bought the Laptop it came with 7 installed, no bootable disc nor Serial number.
Any way I can make a bootable CD/DVD/USB? Any way I can retrieve my Serial number or am I in need of another copy? any help greatly Appreciated.

A:32bit Into 64Bit.

This tutorial may be of help

Product Key Number for Windows 7 - Find and See

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/155963-32bit-into-64bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

What would happen if I installed more than 4 gigs of RAM on a system that was running Windows XP 32-bit? My friend says it wouldn't start up, but I thought it would just ignore the RAM it couldn't use.

I was hoping it would be possible to set up a system that dual-booted XP 32 bit and Vista 64 bit and the could take advantage of being able to use more RAM.

A:Q about more than 4 gigs or RAM on XP-32bit

If I remember correctly it would work correctly but it wouldn't recognize more than 3 or 3.5 GB of the RAM.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/q-about-more-than-4-gigs-or-ram-on-xp-32bit-209503.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys, I was just wondering how I update my windows 7 ultimate 32bit to 64bit so my computer can read my full 4GB of RAM instead of only 3.3?

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys I've did a bit of searching but cant find the info i'm looking for.

Basically I currently have the 32Bit of Windows 7 Professional on my PC (I was really sure I had 64!) so when I've come to install 4Gb of ram it only shows 3.2...
Can I just pop in a W7 Pro 64bit disc to upgrade with my current CD Key? Or do I have to buy it again?

Though I think I'd rather do a wipe and clean install, so would that be okay? I wont get bothered with any "this key has already been used" messages will I?

Thanks in advance

A:W7 32bit to 64bit

You must do a clean install, but key is not a problem
Clean Install Windows 7
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version[2]=General Tips

As long its on one computer at at time, you can go 32 to 64 or 64 to 32 as many times as you like. You must do a CLEAN install, not an upgrade, even if you have and upgrade DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/148267-w7-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Whats the best 32Bit PCI card for connecting SATA that'll allow me to boot windows 7 off?

PC=Sony VAIO PCV-RS406

Mobo=Sony Asus P4SD-VL

OS=Vista Ultimate 32Bit but want 7 Ultimate 32Bit

RAM= 2.25GB but upgrading to 3.5GB.

A:Bootable 32Bit PCI

Any PCI SATA board (not PCIe) will work. Amazon.com: PCI SATA card

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bootable-32bit-pci-874066.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi All Well I have decided to try out and install Win bit onto my system I have been using the bit Win Ultimate since or 64bit? 32bit day and have been satisfied with all aspects of the bit system You see I don't consider myself a power user and multi-task My family and I surf the web email and very 32bit or 64bit? seldom run streaming video I do watch cable TV on my system as it has a TV tuner card After a few weeks I see no big advantage other than a few of my favorite application programs won't run I don't think anything is faster as the bit So if things continue to the same I may consider going 32bit or 64bit? back to bit Win I have not updated my systems specs here but here is my present system CPU Intel Core i GHz Sandy Bridge nm Technology Memory Gig DDR SDRAM HD Hitachi Terabyte Other than this nothing else has changed So what do you think go back to bit or stay bit I would also like to know why you thing which way Thanks and have a great day

A:32bit or 64bit?

A 64bit system "can" be faster, but that really depends upon you using native 64bit applications and large data sets which take advantage of the 64bit architecture. I'd say for 95% of people, there really will be no tangible performance benefit with 64bit.

From a security standpoint, rootkits and such have had a much harder time in a 64bit arena...but they are finally getting in there and screwing up 64bit builds as well.

The "only" reason I am running 64bit is because I run more than 4GB of RAM (for virtual machines), and 64bit is the only way to address it all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/178455-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a HP 8GB desktop that I had major problems with. I had to do a clean reinstall and had no repair disks or oem disks for it. I only had access to a 32bit oem in which I used to reinstall. Is there a way to get it back to 64bit without buying a new oem windows 7 64bit. Someone gave me a disk that they had made with all versions on it but is now corrupt. How did they make this disk? I can't get in touch with them or I would ask them.

HP and other computer manufacturers no longer include disks with their systems. They do include a recovery partition which is what you need to use to reinstall the operating system.Method 1. Tap the F11 key when first booting the machine. You will see the Recovery Manager. If presented with a help screen choose System Recovery. Follow the steps.Method 2. Follow the directions here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01868333&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004. Although this is for install of software and drivers you can choose System Recovery to reinstall Windows 7. You can also create disks of the recovery partition. Go to Start/Programs.Look for HP folders. I'm not sure of the names of the folders. Look through them for anything related to Recovery and creating the disks.Click that option, go through it to see how many disks you need and what type. When you do create them, have a Sharpie handy so you can label them 1, 2, etc.HP allows for one set of disks to be made. If you want more than 1 set you can do a disk-to-disk copy. Copies are useful if the original disk gets broken or scratched or lost. If all else fails you can contact HP and see if they will send you the disks. They shouldn't cost very much.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463540/32bit-to-64bit/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello

I am using XP Pro 32 bit OS. I already have 3 GB (1GBx3) RAM modules installed, each of 667MHz DDR2 type. I know that 32bit windows can at most use/support 3GB of RAM; but does it mean if I install one more 2GB RAM module, application which are memory intensive, like Adobe Photoshop will not be able to use the total of 5GB memory? My motherboard supports maximum of 8GB memory.

Relevancy 30.53%

I created an application in VB9.0 but when I compile it the application becomes 64-bit, how can i compile it in 32bit instead of 64bit?

A:How to make a 32bit app in VB9.0

Compile it on a 32-bits system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/69379-how-make-32bit-app-vb9-0-a.html
Relevancy 30.53%

O.k im still trying 2 decide what OS i should get....for sure i know i wana get win 7 ultimate...

but i dont know whether to get the 32 or 64 bit......

i know that if i get the 32 bit ill be able to run mostly all programs i like without problems...VUT..it will only use up like 3.5 gb of my RAM..

On the other hand...if i get 64 bit ill be able to Run way more RAM.....

But i heard that it has alot of problems with drivers and other stuff.....

so i reallly wanna get 64 bit bcouse of the extra RAM....

just wondering from people who currently have a 64 bit OS....
How much trouble do u guys have with programs with the 64 bit......???????????????????????

NOTE:im building a gaming computer so plz keep that in mind.....

Relevancy 30.53%

Turns out that vista 32bit service pack 1 will read more than 4gb of ram 8gb in my case but only address 4gb.

I am going to update to vista 64bit.

Any thoughts on if its worth the extra cash for ultimate or just stick with home?

I found ultimate on amazon for $200 but I believe its only an OEM edition. I am not sure exactly what that means but I know for sure one thing if its oem there is no technical support which is not an issue. Anyone know if there are other differences in oem versions vs retail?

A:Vista 32bit sp1

hello
heres a good explination(?) of the difference between OEM and retail.... http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2007/01/8730.ars
hope this helps!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-32bit-sp1-451900.html
Relevancy 30.53%

ive got windows 7 64bit installed and wondered if i can install windows xp 32bit on a new partition to dual boot

A:64bit & 32bit

Quote: Originally Posted by Gilly

ive got windows 7 64bit installed and wondered if i can install windows xp 32bit on a new partition to dual boot

You can do it...no problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/16130-64bit-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

hello,i have recently bought windows 7 ultimate the 32bit and 64 bit one they come in the same case apperently lol anyways once i installed i cannot run ANY 32bit apps or i get the "the application was unable to start correctly (oxc00000142) and stuff like that but when i run any of my 64bit default apps it works fine i cant download anything cuz the setup.exe files wont run. i honestly dont know were to get help so i came here i hope u can help me.

~john k. ~

A:cannot run any 32bit windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by johnk

hello,i have recently bought windows 7 ultimate the 32bit and 64 bit one they come in the same case apperently lol anyways once i installed i cannot run ANY 32bit apps or i get the "the application was unable to start correctly (oxc00000142) and stuff like that but when i run any of my 64bit default apps it works fine i cant download anything cuz the setup.exe files wont run. i honestly dont know were to get help so i came here i hope u can help me.

~john k. ~

John you need to decide if you want win 7 32 bit, or 64bit. there are pro's and cons to them both. We need a ton more info abt your system to help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/80110-cannot-run-any-32bit-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.53%

After a minor infection, something Komondo calls [email protected]
I can not run Malwarebytes, Spybot or AdAware.

Networking not getting an IP from the router either. Have tried netsh winsock reset and went to ControlPanel-Network & Sharing-network connection but it comes up blank. Ethernet card shows up in Device Manager.

Any ideas?

Just discovered that almost every service is disabled!

A:can't run 32bit apps

Any error messages or windows?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406501/cant-run-32bit-apps/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all,

Is there any software that can fully utilized my Core i5 4GB RAM.

Currently i am using 64bit windows 7 ultimate. Plan to switch back to Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit due to some drivers are not compatible.

A:Can Win 7 32bit utilize my 4 GB RAM

No, software on x32 OS can only use up to 2GB
32-bit OS will use 3-3.25GB of RAM

Quote:
drivers are not compatible.

Then use vista drivers in compatibility mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/123354-can-win-7-32bit-utilize-my-4-gb-ram.html
Relevancy 30.53%

My current OS is Windows XP SP2 32bit, and it has no issues, can boot fine, sounds great, videos great, it boots fast, etc. I have no issues with it at all.

I'm thinking of dual-booting but I'm not entirely sure what I should dual boot along side my current OS. I definitely don't want Ubuntu 8.10 32bit, I've had it and it didn't do anything for me.

My hardware isn't equipped to handle Mac or any Apple OS's.

Is there any good OS's out there besides Windows XP SP2 32bit? I haven't been able to find any. Also, I'm willing to explore more Linux OS's, but not Ubuntu or any of it's previous versions.

Is there any "unknown" OS's out there that are good and you're able to dual-boot with?

PLEASE NOTE: I need a 64-bit OS!

A:Windows XP SP2 32bit & ???

Suse 11.0 is a very good 64 bit OS. I have played with 20 to 30 variations of Linux and out of all of them I go for Puppy Linux 4.2 (32 bit), Slitaz 2.0 (32 bit) I judge them by trying to imagine what a first time user would think of them. Both come on a live cd and this is probably the way to try before taking the big leap. Out of the two Slitaz has the easiest setup, i.e it configures the internet (wired) as it loads, so you can surf .
Suse 11.0 is very slick and professional compared to any other Linux I have come across.
Be aware Linux often requires drivers to be installed manually and it can be VERY confusing if you don't know what your doing. Be prepared for a BIG learning curve.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp2-32bit-and-368078.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey there, i have a samsung r522 laptop with 2.2ghz processor, 4gb ram and a dedicated ati card. i can only use 2.89gb of ram cause of my 32bit windows 7 premium, i want too get the most out of this laptop, would an upgrade too 64bit windows 7 home premium? i do light gaming, msn, skype, internet.

so basic question is for the 1.18gb ram is it worth getting 64bit? i have 2 120gb hdd's id install it on the second.

also is there any way of getting my os too 64bit without buying the WHOLE win7 again?

thanks.

A:4GB ram and dedicated GPU 32bit.

Upgrading to 64-bit will make windows use up to 3.75GB considering that your onboard GPU shares memory with your RAM

Quote:
so basic question is for the 1.18gb ram is it worth getting 64bit? i have 2 120gb hdd's id install it on the second.

Yes go with 64-bit
Unused RAM = Wasted RAM

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/161377-4gb-ram-dedicated-gpu-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

What is it? I have 3gb in there now. Service Pack 2.

A:Max RAM Vista 32bit can take?

Hello

My system is vista home premium 64 bit and I had 4 gigs an was able to upgrade to 8 GB's. On a 32 bit I think the max is 4 Gb's but if you have 3 gigs already it might be 6. Check this out.

1. Click start
2. Right click on computer.
3. Click properties and your screen will appear, about half way down there should be some words that are blue when you click that it will take you right to Hp or who ever installed the OS and there it will tell you how much ram you can put in your system...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288754-max-ram-vista-32bit-can-take.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I upgraded it from RC to RTM yesterday. Before I upgraded, it shows my computer has 2.00gb but after I get RTM, it shows that I have 1.23gb of ram. WTH is this? My system is
GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard
Intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8ghz
KINGMAX DDR2 RAM 2 sticks 1gb bus 1066
VGA 9800gt 512mb but CPUZ shows that it's up to 800MB+!

I hope I get an answer soon

A:Windows 7 32bit rtm don't get enough ram?

Where are you seeing that you only have 1.23 Gb of Ram?
If you use Win7 Task manager under the Performance tab what does it say Total Available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/65210-windows-7-32bit-rtm-dont-get-enough-ram.html
Relevancy 30.53%

This maybe asked a million times, but will win7 32bit run faster on a 2gb system vs running win7 64bit on same system ??

A:32bit vs 64bit on 2gb Ram

Minimum requirements for 64-bit version is 2gb so your at the lower end. 64-bit is much happier with 4gb though.

Given the age of your hardware, Id go with 32-bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/58624-32bit-vs-64bit-2gb-ram.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Not sure if this is allowed on the forums or not! (If not just remove it)

Right, I've upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit and I forgot that I have 5 GB of RAM available. On Windows 7 32Bit I had a patch so all of it was usable, now I've updated to Windows 10 I've only got 2.87 GB usable. I searched around for a RAM Patch but couldn't find one for Windows 10 but could find some for Windows 8.1. Any ideas?

Attachment 51737

All comments appreciated.

A:32bit RAM Patch

http://wj32.org/wp/2013/10/25/pae-pa...r-windows-8-1/

you would have to test on win10

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/32513-32bit-ram-patch.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello again,sorry to be so much trouble.I bought a copy of MS Office Pro 32 bit.I have decided to give it to my Grandson.He has a Dell desktop with Windows7 64 bit.I have checked the Microsoft website and they say it will work.
Would that be a true statement,Tony.

A:MS Office 32Bit

Yes, 2003 will work fine also install sp3 http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8 for office.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445272/ms-office-32bit/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi

Where can I obtain this to do a repair reinstall

I have the original disk, but it is faulty and won't be read

Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 32bit SP1 .iso

You can download the installation media directly from Microsoft:

Microsoft Software Recovery

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-32bit-sp1-iso-1007930.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I just recently took an interest in learning everything about my computer and im in the process of upgrading it, and wanted to upgrade my ram but was told with 32bit it can only take 3.56GB and I want to upgrade to 6.

I dont know much about Operating Systems, and would like to know how I can upgrade it to 64bit

A:Have 32bit want 64bit

Do you want upgrade to 6GB ddr2 or 6gb ddr3?

If it's ddr2, you'd be better off with 8GB to keep it in dual channel interleaved mode compared to dual channel asynchronous mode.

Now, did you buy Vista x32 or did it come with the machine pre-installed?

If you bought it yourself, you should be able to contact Microsoft and get them to send the x64 version. It's free, but you'll most likely have to pay for postage.

If it came pre-installed with the machine, your best bet would be to contact the manufacturer and see if they do a free upgrade, otherwise you may to purchase another copy.

Either way, it will require a fresh installation. It's not possible do an in place upgrade of x32 to x64.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/220741-have-32bit-want-64bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

hi,
What does it exactly mean when an OS is said to be 32 or 64 bit?

Any info apppreciated.

A:XP 32bit and 64bit

hi, What does it exactly mean when an OS is said to be 32 or 64 bit? Any info apppreciated.http://lmgtfy.com/?q=32-Bit+vs.+64-bit

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212522/xp-32bit-and-64bit/
Relevancy 30.53%

hey guys, just wondering if i have a windows 7 ultimate 32 bit key can i use that key on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit?
thanks

A:Windows 7 32bit > 64 bit

Yes, that is possible. There are not 32 and 64-bit keys. The keys apply to the edition, not architecture.

As long as you are going from Ultimate to Ultimate, or Home to Home, you will be good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/66676-windows-7-32bit-64-bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

would l be under the correct assumption that a Windows 7 Professional OEM code would work on both the 64bit and 32bit version, as lve purchased a copy of the 32bit version however if it works on both l may download an OEM copy of the 64bit version an install once l have my legal codes for it.

tho obviously it would be useful to know if many users are having problems with it.. tho there are few l can see from the quick browse l did... on that note lm also assuming l can install the 64bit at a later date if l install the 32bit when l get it and wont be met by activation issues as long as my hardware doesnt drastically change.

regardless my new OS is coming monay ^_^ and from what everyone says lm gunna love it once l get my head around it.

A:32bit/64bit

It should work if you use the key on the same machine.

Most keys are locked into the motherboard. If you replace your motherboard, you must contact MS. Someone mentioned something about OEM and non OEM keys and how the non-OEM keys aren't tied to hardware. If you're worried about it, you may want to look into that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/77360-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Installed Windows 7 Professional 32 bit onto a Dell Studio XPS 13 (PP17S).

There are two RAM sticks in there. Each one has 2GB making a total of 4GB installed.

Under system properties it says "Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (2.25 GB usable)"

Things I've tried.

Installed 3 different RAM sticks to test the DIMM slots. The slots are fine. The sticks I got are fine.

Took out the CPU to check for bent pins. Did a through look. Nothing bent.

Advanced Boot options. Checked, unchecked, either option did nothing.

Updated to the lasted BIOS to try and change some sort of advanced Mem Mapping stuff. BIOS is really basic and provides no such option.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I'll upload some screen shots or pics of BIOS later if someone needs it.

A:Windows 7 32bit

Usable is what you have remaining after the current usage is removed ie. graphics card etc
The usable memory may be less than the installed memory on Windows 7-based computers

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330651-windows-7-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I bought an XP computer and I upgraded it to Windows 7 Ultimate. It came with its own wifi adapter built in (it was modded). I erased XP and installed 7. I also erased the Windows.old folder too (sorry)
So I downloaded the drivers and everything from my laptop and put it on a flash drive (6GB), and its working, its just my computer needs an update so the internet controller thing works (not really sure what it's called, sorry). I live in apartments, so there is no cord, only wifi. It really is so not cool. Please help. Is there a way to get the info from that computer and put it in my computer and download the right update files? ;/

A:Need Update help, 32bit

Have a look in Device Manager - what entry is complaining?
Then go to the manufacturer's website, and download the appropriate driver (or post as much information as you can from the DM Properties window).
You can download the driver on another computer and transfer it via USB stick or CD/DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/203324-need-update-help-32bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

hi all i am going to up date windows to 64bit form 32bit i know it will need a complete new install but what i like to know is can you use windows easy transfer to move files from windows 32bit to windows 64bit ? i know sum of them mite not work like the system files but will most them be move over ? or can you just install the 64bit over the top of the 32bit ? and keep every thing i read you can not but sum one mite have a work a round by now ?

A:windows 7 32bit to 64 bit

Hi,
I'd avoid easy transfer and just do it the old fashion way it's more straight forward.
Plus you can save the files as backups.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/399498-windows-7-32bit-64-bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Am planing to change my system for 32-bit to 64-bit
how shall i know that my system is compatable to it?
will it work,? and after i upgrade will my data get errased or will it still be der?
let me kno how to find out the way to know my system is compatable to it or not.

Whenever you change from 32 bit to 64 bit, you MUST do a clean install - all previous installed software will be deleted.

In your case, however, I would not bother...your system only has 1GB RAM, so installing 64 bit will offer no benefit at all. Keep the 32 bit installation as is and save yourself the trouble of reinstalling.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/338411-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm having a ton of trouble installing either vista home or W7. I have a dell studio xps 1640. I have vista basic on a cd and W7 on a bootable USB. When starting vista install it stops right before completing saying can't update registry data then quits. W7 Install starts and stops at installing updates

I originally when started got basic to install work then tried to get w7 installed got all the way to the w7 blue please wait screen and it just stayed stuck there. I searched for all kinds of things tried stuff and now ended up worse off

A:W7 HP 32Bit install help

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/322199-w7-hp-32bit-install-help.html
Relevancy 30.53%

HelloI am using XP Pro SP2 32 bit OS. I already have 3 GB (1GBx3) RAM modules installed, each of 667MHz DDR2 type. I know that 32bit windows can at most use/support 3GB of RAM; but does it mean if I install one more 2GB RAM module, application which are memory intensive, like Adobe Photoshop will not be able to use the total of 5GB memory? My motherboard supports maximum of 8GB memory.Please clarify.Thank you.

A:XP Pro 32bit and maximum RAM

A 32-bit Windows operating system will recognize up to 4GB of RAM, but will not show the total amount because of the draw from critical functions such as the system BIOS, motherboard resources, memory mapped I/O, AGP, PCI, PCI-E, and other memory allocations for PCI devices.

Different onboard devices and different add-on cards (devices) will result in different total memory size. This means that the more PCI cards installed will require more memory resources, resulting of less memory free for other uses.

Your motherboard may be able to support 8GB of RAM, but the operating system is what determines how much will be recognized. You would need a 64-bit operating system to recognize the whole 8GB of RAM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177997/xp-pro-32bit-and-maximum-ram/
Relevancy 30.53%

Any privilege (aside gaming) running 64bit over 32bit?

Specs:
Sony Vaio (laptop) FE770G
Core 2 Duo 1.83Ghz
2GB Memory

I run the following applications often:

Office 2007
Firefox
Media Center
...various other software such as Paint.Net, One Note, Quicken, etc.

A:32bit or 64bit?

Honestly,

It really all depends on what software will run under which OS.

Your Core 2 Duo is 64 bit supported, so the OS will run on that processor. 64Bit vista is more secure and really shines when you have 4gig+ of RAM.

On the other hand, it all depends on whether or not your apps work under Vista. A good portion of mine do not, so I would venture to say that yours will not either.

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32bit-or-64bit.522471/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a product called Parrot minikit smart for my car but it only works with Windows 7 32bit and the 2 laptops we have are both 64bit. Is there a way to get it to work on a 64bit PC or am I pretty much out of luck?

A:Need 32bit but have 64bit.

Have you tried to get it to work and failed?

Nearly all 32 bit applications work well on 64 bit. There are a few exceptions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160706-need-32bit-but-have-64bit.html