Windows Support Forum

How to bounce emails in WinLiveMail

Q: How to bounce emails in WinLiveMail

In the Safety options for WinLiveMail, under Blocked Senders list, there is an option to tick which says:

"When I click delete and block" ... "Bounce the blocked messages back to the sender."

I have a heap of blocked senders in the list, but how do you click "Delete and block". There is no such command in the options. Am I missing something?

I put one of my own email addresses in the blocked senders list with the above option ticked. However when I sent an email from this account to my normal working email address it was not blocked nor bounced, or even sent to junk email.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to bounce emails in WinLiveMail

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to bounce emails in WinLiveMail

Hi poppa bear,
If you read mail in HTML instead of Plain Text, messages from unknown senders can appear in the preview pane without being sent to the Junk Mail folder. It should then give 2 options, Delete and Block or Show Images. I always read in Plain Text.

Read in Plain Text temp. disabled to show you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/179911-how-bounce-emails-winlivemail.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Can anyone recommend a good email bouncing program? I know it's not a good idea to bounce SPAM back to its originator since this can validate your email address for them. I just want to bounce some emails back to certain "friends". I have tried Bounce Buddy 1.0, but it doesn't seem to work too well on my Win 7 64-bit system. And I can't seem to get CoffeeCup SPAM Blocker to work right either. I mainly use Eudora 7 and Thunderbird for my emails, and have tried "Redirect" add-ons for Thunderbird, but they won't work with the version of Thunderbird that I am using.

Any suggestions? Any and all help appreciated...

Thanks!

A:Bounce emails?

Hi.

The Bounce Bully is old but good and compatible with windows 7,i dont use it anymore so i dont know if its good for your needs.

Mailwasher Free Spam Filter Software.

Have always in mind that "it's not always a good idea to bounce SPAM back to its originator since this can validate your email address for them"

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/208128-bounce-emails.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am having a problem with Windows Mail (Comcast). Emails with several photos attached bounce back to the sender. I am able to receive email with 5 photos attached from an AOL account, but when someone with a Yahoo acccount tries to send the same, it bounces back to them, and I have no idea the attempt was even made, unless they email me without the photos and tell me. (A while ago, I had the same problem with another AOL sender as well.) Is there a setting I can change?

A:Emails to me with photos bounce back to sender

Apparently they are rejected by the server. I can think of two reasons, they are being picked up as spam or they are too large. You may want to read the Terms of Service (TOS) on the website of your ISP.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/280428-emails-me-photos-bounce-back-sender.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to bounce emails back to a sender so that it registers on their compute that the message has not been received? I don't mean junk mail or spam which waits for me to delete it. I want to stop it from accesing my computer altogether.

Thanks,
CeeBee52

A:Windows Live Mail - how to bounce emails

You can add the sender to your blocked sender list (right click on the sender's address - add to blocked sender

or you can create a rule
Select one or more conditions:
| | Where the from line contains people

Select one or more options
| | Do not download it from the server
| | Delete from Server

Neither of these sends anything back to the sender. why would you want to do that anyway?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/261980-windows-live-mail-how-bounce-emails.html
Relevancy 70.95%

What I am about to ask help on is all second hand information. I have zero examples of this and have no idea where to look. 

Client is using Office365 setup by their previous IT company.
The previous company asked the client to notify us (being me and others) to remove them off the list so when the "client" gets bounce back emails the previous IT company no longer gets emails about it. 

Where in the portal would that be? I am poking around and have no idea where to look for such a request nor was ever aware of it.

A:Office365 - Bounce Back Emails - Notifications

Can I just double check what you mean here.

When the user gets a bounce back message the old IT company would also get an e-mail saying the user had received a bounce back?

If I am correct then it would be something I personally would do via the users mail client, might be worth checking there. As for the O365 portal I am unsure of any parts in there other than OWA. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562273/office365-bounce-back-emails-notifications/
Relevancy 52.46%

After installing all the latest updates on Win8Pro OEM loaded from retail installation disk, WinLiveMail stopped working on desktop.

Finally narrowed it down to three security updates for Net Framework 3 & 4.

KB 2729462 Security update Netframework 3.5
KB 2737084 Security update Netframework 4.5
KB 2769166 Update for Netframework 3.5

Problem is I need the updates for security but also haven't found an email client as good as WinLiveMail.

A:Updates stopped WinLiveMail

it works fine on mine,, (on two pcs I have it on running Windows 8 Pro) have you tried uninstalling it and re installing it? and what version WLM do you have? do you have the latest one 2012?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/16417-updates-stopped-winlivemail.html
Relevancy 52.46%

In "Contacts" I see "All contacts" and "Favorites." What is the use of this? When I start a new email message, and click to enter the address, the only list I see come up is ALL the contacts. I cannot go to the Favorites list ONLY, can I?

A:WinLiveMail: contact groups

Hello StickMaker,

By default, all new contacts are place in the "All contacts" location. "Favorites" is a group in your contacts. If you want a contact to be copied into the Favorites group, then you will need to right click on the contact and click on "Copy Contact to" and "Favorites" or any other group listed.

Afterwards, you should see the contact listed under the Favorites group from your New Message window when you click on the To button to add one.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/66337-winlivemail-contact-groups.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I use an HTML signature for Windows Live Mail It is basically multicolor text all in Arial font in various sizes The fonts work on new emails but often when I reply to emails the fonts change to a mix of Arial and Times New Roman What the signature looks like is below ---------------------------------------------- lt FONT face Arial color ff gt lt P dir ltr gt MYNAME lt P gt lt FONT gt lt U gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt P dir ltr gt MYEMAIL lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt FONT color ff Signature Changing WinLiveMail Fonts size face Arial gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt COMPANY lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt COMPANYNAME COM lt P gt lt U gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT color f d size face Arial gt WinLiveMail Changing Signature Fonts lt FONT color f d size face Arial gt lt FONT color f d size face Arial gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt B gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt P dir ltr gt COMPANYNAME lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt lt FONT color ff size face Arial gt COMPANYNAME COM lt P gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt I gt lt FONT size face Arial gt lt FONT size face Arial gt lt P dir ltr gt quot COMPANY TAG LINE quot lt P gt lt B gt lt I gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT color f d gt lt P dir ltr gt lt P gt lt FONT gt lt I gt lt FONT color f f f size face Arial gt lt FONT color f f f size face Arial gt lt FONT color f f f size face Arial gt lt P dir ltr gt The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure Dissemination distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient is prohibited If you have received this communication in error please notify us by e-mail Thank you lt P gt lt I gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT gt lt FONT size gt lt FONT gt -------------------------------------------------- Any Idea why it keeps changing the fonts nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winlivemail-changing-signature-fonts.984122/
Relevancy 52.03%

I know I saw that button and used it; now it is gone. Please tell me how to bring it back. Thank you.

A:WinLiveMail: where did my SPELL-check button go?

Hi.

Is that you are looking for?

Go to...Tools\Options\Spelling.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/210828-winlivemail-where-did-my-spell-check-button-go.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I opened up two mail accounts and have ended up somehow with three identical default accounts and four identical 2nd accounts? If I edit one it changes all those same accounts and if I delete one it deletes all those same accounts? I am stuck and it is affecting sending mail as it tries to send the same e-mail from all the same accounts and halts mid way. First send goes through okay but I can only send more mail by restarting!
I must have done something wrong but I need to know it there is a way out especially as I can't find anyone else on the web who has experience the same problem - Be grateful for any advice?

A:WinLiveMail Duplicated Mail Accounts

Quote: Originally Posted by hammundo

I opened up two mail accounts and have ended up somehow with three identical default accounts and four identical 2nd accounts? If I edit one it changes all those same accounts and if I delete one it deletes all those same accounts? I am stuck and it is affecting sending mail as it tries to send the same e-mail from all the same accounts and halts mid way. First send goes through okay but I can only send more mail by restarting!
I must have done something wrong but I need to know it there is a way out especially as I can't find anyone else on the web who has experience the same problem - Be grateful for any advice?

If you are using Windows Live Mail 2011...
Open WLM > click at the blue button at top left > Options > Email Accounts > one at a time, click one of the duplicates > click Remove > repeat until all duplicates are removed > click Close when done.

If you are using 2009 WLM version....
Open WLM > Tools > Accounts > the rest same as above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/176989-winlivemail-duplicated-mail-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

(using 2011 version) When I execute FIND > MESSAGE, the 'Find Message' window opens, as shown in the tab on the Task Bar. But it is invisible. I can see the animation at opening, as it rushes off screen at the upper right corner. But I cannot find the window. No other windows from any other programs have this problem! Shrinking the screen doesn't work.
I'm baffled. Any ideas?

A:WinLiveMail 'find message' windows disappear off screen

You could try a repair install of Windows Live Essentials via Programs and Features.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/192568-winlivemail-find-message-windows-disappear-off-screen.html
Relevancy 47.3%
Q: bounce?

screen bounces up and down or left to right. Only when mouse is pointed at screen. Impossible to click on anything. Happens in all programs. Last for 2-3 hours then nothing for a few weeks. Then does it again. Is this a virus or is it a software problem. Please help.....as it really is annoying. Tried removing by joke.bounce however still happens. Using windows Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bounce.741194/
Relevancy 46.44%

If you want to bounce an email back to the sender how can you do this in Windows Live Mail?

A:How to bounce an email

Quote: Originally Posted by lostsoul62

If you want to bounce an email back to the sender how can you do this in Windows Live Mail?

Dont think you can. Bouncing is a server level function not a client like WLM. why would you want to "bounce" emails?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/85810-how-bounce-email.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I hope someone has experienced this. I posted on other forums because I'm not sure where this falls. My computer screen will bounce up and down at random without me touching the mouse or keyboard. There doesn't seem to be any set pattern to this madness. As you can imagine this is frustrating.

I have Win xp home edition

Thanks for any info

Relevancy 46.44%

This happens on a basis of once-twice a month. There is no reason it starts and does it in all programs I open including IE and Quickbooks. The screen bounces up and down very fast. Stops if I point the mouse on the side of the screen however starts immediatly I point onto screen again. Find it very difficult to click on anything and lucky shots gets me to the next screen. Its usually last a few hours and have restarted computer and still there. If in quickbooks, can hear a clicking sound but no sound heard in IE. Have done virus check-Norton and nothing found. If screen is unable to go up and down then it moves from side to side. Can anyone assist please. Computer is under 12 months and came with montior package.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-bounce.738927/
Relevancy 46.44%

I've run housecall a couple of times and it has found a lot of grayware with the titles adw se and then numbers It won't delete them I also ran a beta version of a virus trojan bounce scan quot adwio quot trojan bounce maybe It came up with trojan bounce It is in a folder that I didn't want to mess with I also have some components of winfixer that I've tried to delete Here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Adaptec Shared CreateCD CreateCD exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Tivoli lcf bin w -ix mrt lcfep exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT trojan bounce VPTray exe C PROGRA BILLPS WINPAT winpatrol exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Vertex Standard CE USDA Forestry for Windows CE FWin exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http fsweb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by USDA Forest Service R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - HKLM Run fsbanner c fsapps fssys union fsbanner exe O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run CreateCD quot C Program Files Common Files Adaptec Shared CreateCD CreateCD exe quot -r O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Oracle Reports Cleanup C fsapps fssys oracle oraclean lnk O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run AEXRSAgtEXE C Program Files Altiris eXpress Client Recovery Agent AeXRSAgt exe -Logon O - HKLM Run lcfep quot C Tivoli lcf bin w -ix mrt lcfep exe quot O - HKLM Run SwdisUsrPCN ltde fvns edc r fs fed us quot C Tivoli lcf dat cache lib w -ix wdusrpcn exe quot quot C Tivoli swdis wdusrpcn env quot O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C PROGRA BILLPS WINPAT winpatrol exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Spyware Doctor quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe quot Q O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Spyware Doctor - D D A- - D -A A - C B E E - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http fsweb O - DPF JavaConnect - file C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp SISD JavaConnect cab O - DPF Sametime BC - file C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp SISD STBroadcast... Read more

A:trojan bounce

If you saved the ewido log, please post it here. If not, please run another scan and post the contents here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/trojan-bounce-81614.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I move the mouse to a place I want to click the screen is bouncing up and down at a rapid pace It s driving me insane I ran make down? bounce up screen my What and would the adaware spybot S amp D and here s my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP What would make my screen bounce up and down? WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C What would make my screen bounce up and down? WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C What would make my screen bounce up and down? WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Paltalk pnetaware exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www netscape com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe O - HKLM Run CleanUp C PROGRA McAfee com Shared mcappins exe v cleanup O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run Weather C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe O - Startup PalNetaware lnk C Paltalk pnetaware exe O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF Point Showdown by pogo - http threepoint pogo com applet threepoint threepoint-ob-assets cab O - DPF -Point Showdown by pogo com - http threepoint pogo com applet threepoint threepoint-ob-assets cab O - DPF Ali Baba Slots TM by pogo - http temp pogo com applet slots alibaba-ob-assets cab O - DPF Buckaroo Blackjack TM by pogo - http vbjack pogo com applet videoblackjack videoblackjack-ob-assets cab O - DPF Checkers by pogo com - http checkers pogo com applet checkers checkers-ob-assets cab O - DPF Cribbage by ... Read more

A:What would make my screen bounce up and down?

The screen bounces only when you move the mouse? You don't happen to have a fan by your monitor???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-would-make-my-screen-bounce-up-and-down.192415/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a laptop Compaq Evo N c that was working fine Then one day it wouldn t respond at all when pressing the on switch It does nothing at all No screen on No booting It appears that it s getting no power laptop didn't that back The bounce although the battery is fully charged and the power cable is in I ve tried swapping the power cable from another machine It doesn t respond what so ever I ve taken it to bits to see if there are any obvious problems something popped out disconnections etc but still no use I should point out that it dropped from my desk into a box and I The laptop that didn't bounce back suspect that might have had something to do with it Anyone got any clues so I can diagnose the problem It s a good little machine and would be a shame to throw it out But on the other hand giving it to a repairer would probably cost more than getting another second hand machine Cheers for any advice ALJ nbsp

A:The laptop that didn't bounce back

The motherboard has probably had it's power plug damaged or the motherboard has been slightly cracked meaning the power can't get from the battery to the CPU, RAM, Graphics etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-laptop-that-didnt-bounce-back.891554/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I have got Visualbasic 6.0 and I am making a pong clone. I have the paddles moving up and down and they stop at the top and bottom of the form but I need to know how to make the ball bounce off things. I have used this to make the ball start moving:

picBall.Left = picBall.Left - 50

I will probably expand on that by making it random, but for now I need to know how to make it bounce off the paddles. Thanks!

Relevancy 45.58%

I ve been getting the above two things and Getting: back... ads234.com Virtual bounce consistently I think Virtual Bounce just comes back but Ads com is Getting: ads234.com and Virtual bounce back... just always there Anyway I ran the latest Spybot and Ad-aware under Administrator on my Win Thanks in advance for any help You guys have been great Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system hidserv exe C WINNT runservice exe C Getting: ads234.com and Virtual bounce back... WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system jmaiilns exe C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe C documents and settings tetsuo local settings temp Oz exe C documents and settings tetsuo local settings temp Oz exe C WINNT system catsrvps exe C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp Rar Getting: ads234.com and Virtual bounce back... EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C WINNT system SearchBar htm O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C D -A AB- B-B D-FD C FEF - no file O - BHO no name - EF B- A - E - - DD D - C WINNT system uyrtgnit dll O - BHO no name - C ABC-EB E- E -B C - A B CF - no file O - BHO Search Help - E EAEB -F B - C - FF- FAF D - C Documents and Settings administrator Local Settings Temp jXcTq dll O - Toolbar no name - CF BD- - -B - C C CA F - no file O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ldckbzpw C WINNT system jmaiilns exe O - HKLM Run msnappau quot C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe quot O - HKLM Run RsIMYbN exe C documents and settings tetsuo local settings temp RsIMYbN exe O - HKLM Run Sys C winnt system winmik exe O - HKLM Run Oz exe C documents and settings tetsuo local settings temp Oz exe O - HKLM Run HW EP BAYTP C WINNT system JwqVfC exe O - HKLM Run Pcsv C WINNT system pcs pcsvc exe O - HKLM Run RsIMYbN C documents and settings tetsuo local settings temp RsIMYbN exe O - HKLM Run Oz C documents and settings tetsuo local settings temp Oz exe O - HKLM Run b ceb bb C WINNT system catsrvps exe O - HKLM Run VBundleOuterDL C Program Files VBouncer BundleOuter EXE O - HKLM Run SysA C winnt system winbfi exe O - HKLM Run VBouncer C PROGRA VBouncer VirtualBouncer exe O - HKLM Run vF f Ee ws gres exe O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - C Program Files GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - C Program Files GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra button no name - E D- - b - -F B B BD AC - C WINNT system ms exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem MaxSpeed - E D- - b - -F B B BD AC - C WINNT system ms exe file missing O - Extra button TREND MICRO HouseCall - B EA F - A- A B-B - C C EBEA - http uk trendmicro-europe com enterprise products housecall pre php file missing O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - E Programs AIM aim exe O - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - DPF v cab - http searchmiracle com cab v cab cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro-europe com housecall Xscan cab O - DPF ED B- AF - CFF- AE -F C B F HouseCallButton setup - http de trendmicro-europe com file downloads common housecall HouseCallButton... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

Does anyone know of any freeware or a good method to bounce back email to spammers so hopefully they'll quit spamming??

A:how to fake bounce email back to spammers

Just dont respond in anyway, especially if they include a site to resond for a removal from the mailing list. That just shows that they found a real address and you will usually get more spam. I dont know of any revenge tools.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-fake-bounce-email-back-to-spammers.63807/
Relevancy 45.15%

I wish to make my USB Seagate HD a 2nd boot drive just in case my internal drive crashes. Has anyone ever used Bounce Back for this? What was your experience. what about getting 2nd internal drive. my friend tried this with Casper backup, it did not work.
thanks
______

A:Bounce Back for making 2nd Boot drive

You can't boot from a USB.
I can clone to a HDD in my USB enclosure .. Then if I have a crash or corruption ..
I can just physically swap the drives.

I also use Acronis True Image to make Image Data files in my external .. that can be used to recover the HDD in my computer.
I think this is doing about the same as Bounce Back.

Casper quit working for me some time ago .. not sure what the problem was

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bounce-back-for-making-2nd-boot-drive.898623/
Relevancy 44.72%

Today at AM ish I recieved a bounce letter to my yahoo com account saying I had sent a piece of spam to contact quot A quot and many more My email it setup to run everything through gmail so I just forward all yahoo com mail to my gmail com using yahoo Asia for free fowarding I also received the original spam mail in my gmail spam folder and own yahoo my email account from bounce Recieved spam the spam was labeled as quot to me yahoo com quot quot from Recieved bounce spam email from my own yahoo account me yahoo com quot I quickly changed my yahoo password and then check the recent activity to see someone from quot Russia quot accessed my yahoo account at the same time as this email was sent out AM My question is whether I have done enough to prevent such spambot from attacking again Me being foolish has used Recieved bounce spam email from my own yahoo account the same password for many years as well as the same username as my email but I have plans to upgrade my security as we speak Recieved bounce spam email from my own yahoo account EDIT Just checked my gmail recent activity and there was only my IP so that was safe What bothers me is they logged in through yahoo but somehow sent it to some contacts that are only on my gmail The yahoo account has no contacts saved I also read in this article here about spoofing and forging which I am a victim of

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414706/recieved-bounce-spam-email-from-my-own-yahoo-account/
Relevancy 44.72%

A cpl weeks ago when we got our new Windows 7 computer, when the cursor bounced off the edge of the window, it would make that window smaller. For some reason it does not do that now. Imagine there is some setting, possibly in Control panel(tho I can't find it) that will reset that option..HELP!!& Thanx
Carla

A:Get Cursor bounce to make active window smaller

Hi there,

I looked around in Control Panel to no avail. I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'bouncing cursor' or 'making windows smaller'... are you talking about Aero Snap? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/59555-get-cursor-bounce-make-active-window-smaller.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm running XP Pro SP Before these problems occurred I was running an updated version of Norton Systemworks Premiere with Anti-Virus the ZoneAlarm firewall and Spybot S amp D This is what I've done Emptied all temp files and recycle bin Checked for and installed all Exploits Autoinstaller Bounce Spyware Zone That To Alarm Data? updates for XP and all security programs Spyware Autoinstaller That Exploits Zone Alarm To Bounce Data? Full system scan using Norton Anti-virus Several times Scanned with Ad-Aware Several times Scanned with Spybot S amp D Scanned with HouseCall AntiVirus Several times Scanned with Panda Anti-Virus Several times Scanned with Bt Defender Several times Scanned with McAfee Stinger Scanned with AVG Anti-Rootkit Scanned with PC Tools Spyware Doctor Scanned with Sunbelt systems CounterSpy Obviously I rebooted several times while doing these scans I made all repairs indicated After doing so I ran Norton Win Doctor The only repairs that were suggested were to delete registry entries that called for files that could not be found I made those deletions I didn't think much of it at the time but one of those entries pertained to the ZoneAlarm Spyware Autoinstaller That Exploits Zone Alarm To Bounce Data? icon This is what I observed on my last reboot after completing all the scans and Spyware Autoinstaller That Exploits Zone Alarm To Bounce Data? making all the deletions indicated First there was a very brief popup window that was barely visable I would not have seen it had I not been staring intently at the monitor I suspect it was a malicious autoinstall program of some sort in the startup Then shortly after starting the pc there was an automatic update to ZoneAlarm I've NEVER seen that happen before I did nothing to initiate such an update I'm sure my computer is being hijacked to bounce spam because I have started receiving delivery failure notices I've checked and found that folks in my address book are not receiving email from me I've also changed passwords not that I think that will be the least bit effective There were no viruses or rootkits identified by any of the scans The vast majority of what was identified and deleted was adware tracking cookies There were some generic malware spyware components that were identified - but no specific threat was named There are a few other things I have noticed I notice when I look at the firewall log in ZoneAlarm I repeatedly see high level incoming threats identified as originating from the same ip address I'm guessing but Windows Messenger appears to be the app being used to bounce the data I've also noticed that Outlook does not seem to hold its settings I usually keep the Inbox as my default view when I close the app Before this Outlook would always reopen to the Inbox view No more Now it opens to today's schedule How can I fix this Is there any way to fix it without having to do a full destructive system restore Thanks in advance for any help or advice I've already done everything I know to do at this point Here's the HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS System GEARSec exeC PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVi... Read more

A:Spyware Autoinstaller That Exploits Zone Alarm To Bounce Data?

Hello and welcome to BC,I notice when I look at the firewall log in ZoneAlarm I repeatedly see high level incoming threats identified as originating from the same ip address: 222.239.255.43. I'm guessing but Windows Messenger appears to be the app being used to bounce the data.Sounds like all you are saying is ZoneAlarm is blocking a high level incoming threat - GOOD - IT IS DOING ITS JOB.Disable Windows Messenger.Your JAVA is out-of-date. Uninstall all previous versions and install the newest version from java.comI've also noticed that Outlook does not seem to hold its settings. I usually keep the Inbox as my default view when I close the app. Before this, Outlook would always reopen to the Inbox view. No more. Now it opens to today's schedule.Sounds like one of your many security programs is preventing the registry change.Let me know if you need further assistance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108470/spyware-autoinstaller-that-exploits-zone-alarm-to-bounce-data/
Relevancy 43%

I recently purchased a Dell notebook and immediately noticed that the keys were quot bouncing quot multiple keystrokes registered for a single keypress nbsp The problem is not isolated to on key-bounce certain issues debouncing for Keyboard Solution notebooks workaround utility: Dell / just my Keyboard debouncing utility: Solution / workaround for key-bounce issues on certain Dell notebooks laptop or model as you will find here it is showing up on others as well nbsp If you are experiencing this problem I feel for you nbsp Keyboard debouncing utility: Solution / workaround for key-bounce issues on certain Dell notebooks The problem was sporadic but occurred often enough to make my typing look like that of a third-grader no offense intended to any third-graders out there nbsp The problem persisted even after three keyboard change-outs along with Keyboard debouncing utility: Solution / workaround for key-bounce issues on certain Dell notebooks an OS wipe factory restore and also nbsp a motherboard swap-out nbsp A thorny problem indeed nbsp At that point it was determined that the problem was driver-related nbsp The keyboard driver is supplied by Microsoft thus placing me at the complete mercy of the driver development team s Searching revealed no resolutions to this issue no driver updates or patches neither at Microsoft nor at Dell nor on the WorldWideWeb Now being a firmware software developer myself I am familiar with keyboard bounce it exists in all interfaces that have an electro-mechanical nbsp switch involved nbsp The objective is to turn the quot chatter quot at the switch closure into a clean change of state quot off quot to quot on quot with no chatter at the boundary nbsp nbsp If you are curious about the topic you can read about it in detail here nbsp Computer keyboards certainly fall into that category nbsp I realized that the problem existed either in the keyboard driver the keyboard controller or the design of the keyboard itself nbsp I also realized that this issue is not glaringly common enough to garner much priority from developers nbsp Hence at least for the forseeable future this was an quot orphan quot issue Not being a driver developer myself I took this issue as an excuse to learn AutoHotkey nbsp I knew about it enough to nbsp figure that it could be used to build a keybounce-filtering utility nbsp Sure enough I have written an AHK script that does just that it detects the bounce pattern in the key stream and filters them out on their way to Windows nbsp You can get it here KeybounceFilter ahk nbsp nbsp lt -- AutoHotkey script requires AHK installed KeybounceFilter exe nbsp lt -- Compiled script runs all by itself no AHK install needed AHK forum post If you are already familiar with AHK and have it installed it s a great tool BTW then just download and run the AHK script nbsp If not then you might prefer the compiled script it s the EXE above nbsp With the EXE you won t need to install AHK at all nbsp Just download the EXE into a safe place then create a shortcut to it and place that shortcut into your Startup folder Start gt All Programs gt Startup nbsp The script will then run automatically on the next startup The filter has a quot window time quot where it looks for bounces repeats nbsp Keybounces usually last in the s of milliseconds being as low as msec for a clean switch closure and as high as msec or more for a particularly dirty one nbsp I set the default gating window to msec as a working ballpark figure nbsp I didn t want to make it too high because this gating time also sets the upper limit on the auto-repeat rate nbsp In fact if you find while running nbsp the script that your auto-repeat is choppy or doesn t work at all you ll want to lower the auto-repeat rate until it works again don t worry you ll get it back nbsp Just go to Control Panel gt Keyboard gt Repeat Rate and adjust the slider down until it works reliably again nbsp note that has changed see updates edits below nbsp If you do fin... Read more

A:Keyboard debouncing utility: Solution / workaround for key-bounce issues on certain Dell notebooks

I now have your exe on my Inspiron 1521 which has given me double rr since new.  Talking to Dell gave no solutions.  Your exe seems to have solved the problem - hurray!!! Thank you!!!  One small thing; the backspace is now slow.  Can that key be rmoved from a key list?
Thanks again!!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19328066
Relevancy 38.7%

I have someone emailing me and I just want to have the message automatically bounced without having to open it?

Thanks

A:How do I "bounce" email message

What's the email program?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/301343-how-do-i-bounce-email-message.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My Sent Items and Inbox folders became filled with emails on Tuesday and I was unable to send Emails Connection Sends Won't with but - good Emails Receive Internet Outlook Express or receive emails until I removed several thousand old emails from both folders which I did then the system was running Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection fine again as of late Tuesday I discovered this Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection problem Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection when I attempted to send emails with attachments making the emails around megabytes each in size I did not realize that the recipient s system could not handle any email more than megabytes - thus my Outlook Express kept trying to send these emails every minute for hours until I discovered the problem I had to delete around email notifications that the recipient could not receive emails at that size and that my email boxes were full I corrected these problems and relocated the emails from my Outlook Box to Drafts until the recipient can change his settings All day Wednesday yesterday I was able to send amp receive emails without a problem This morning I was sending amp recieving as well then all of a sudden I was unable to receive any emails When Outlook attempts to receive I briefly see a box with the number of emails attempting to be received then I get an Unknown Error message I am able to send emails without any problem and my Internet connection has been stable all day I ve rebooted turned on amp off Outlook I even disconnected my Internet connection then reconnected it I ve checked my Outlook settings and they are fine I also turned off my Firewall - just in case that was it Any suggestions nbsp

A:Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection

Hi rherrygers

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Have you attempted to logon to your ISP's mail server to see what messages are still on the mail server along with determining the size of the messages?
Outlook Express may be timing out trying to download a message that is larger than normal.
Did you also send yourself a copy of the message with the attachment?

Can you post the exact error message please?
If the Send/Receive window is not appearing, you can make it appear by double clicking the area marked in red here:
When the Send/Receive window appears, click the Errors tab, right click on the error message and select Copy and paste the error message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-wont-receive-emails-but-sends-emails-with-good-internet-connection.574552/
Relevancy 38.27%

I noticed this morning that Outlook is not receiving the latest emails where as Yahoo does receive. Suggestions please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/401936-outlook-not-receiving-emails-yahoo-receives-emails.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I recently shifted from thunderbird to outlook now i added all my emails but for some reason some of the emails are not showing inbox and other folders until i click on drop down on the email name. Why ?

This happens to only some of the emails. All emails are being received and sent but some email folders are not showing until i click on drop down of email.

Thanks for answering.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-emails-not-showing-inbox-and-other-folders-for-some-emails.1088951/
Relevancy 38.27%

I friend reported to me that he received an email from my email address with lots of images on it. I did not send this to him. how can I find if I have a trojan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-sends-emails-to-people-i-send-emails-to.826225/
Relevancy 36.12%

When trying to open emails saved in folder for clients I receive "Message Cannot be found. The contents of this message cannot be found. Windows Mail"

I've received complaints from customers that they are emailing me but I'm not receiving their email. I've run malwarebytes and found 4 items. I've also run the unhide program on bleeping computers as well.

any advise/help would be greatly appreciated as my business runs mainly through emails.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465068/past-emails-gone-new-emails-not-all-coming-through/
Relevancy 36.12%

hello i have mail filtering my emails, is there a way to have a list of the unread emails and able to see in which folders they are located?

thanks

A:seen new emails in outlook when emails are filtered

If I understand you correctly, then I think you need to create a new folder and then tell Rules Wizard to put those e-mails into that folder and mark them as Unread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/285764-seen-new-emails-outlook-when-emails-filtered.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I am sending around emails a day but my ISP is telling me I am using GB per day sending emails Even when im not sending emails my usage is going up and it is showing up as emails I have changed all my passwords which hasnt helped I got redirected to this forum from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t using-over- gb-an-hour-sending- -emails I have attached the dds scan to this post nbsp attach txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp dds txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloadsDDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD only Emails per small 5GB when emails day sending using 5 Internet Explorer Emails using 5GB per day when only sending 5 small emails BrowserJavaVersion Run by carlm at on - Emails using 5GB per day when only sending 5 small emails - Microsoft Windows GMT AV AVG Internet Security Disabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C AV Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG Internet Security Disabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A FW AVG update module Disabled AFA E - CDC- EF - EE-C C ABA Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system dwm exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXEC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adminservice exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exeC Windows system dashost exeC Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exeC Program Files Common Files mcafee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX integratedoffice exeC Program Files x Sony PlayMemories Home PMBDeviceInfoProvider exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgr exeC Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exeC Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exeC Windows SysWOW DllHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Windows system taskhostex exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center NetworkSetting NetworkClient EXEC PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXEC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services BookmarkDAV client exeC Program Files x Steam Steam exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files x Sony I... Read more

A:Emails using 5GB per day when only sending 5 small emails

Greetings malinboy and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please allow me some time to review the information you have provided and I will reply as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497783/emails-using-5gb-per-day-when-only-sending-5-small-emails/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a big list of email addresses in both .csv and .doc format. I want to send out a one time email advertising my business. It would take an eternity to manually send these out. And preferably I'd like to send one email per address without having a bunch of CC addresses because that will cause it to get flagged as spam.

Any suggestions?

A:How to send emails with big list of emails

Email Sending Limits for ISP, Web Hosting and Free Email Providers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/how-to-send-emails-with-big-list-of-emails-911610.html
Relevancy 36.12%

We all have friends who forward emails How emails hacked to from friends tell emails they have received from How to tell friends emails from hacked emails others and sometimes they can be a nuisance but other friends don t do it so often that it is annoying and they seem to find very interesting quot things quot and you would like to continue to open them BUT how can you tell if the email is a result of a hacked quot infected quot version I d like to know what you think of this Instead of just forwarding another email you put some text in it to identify it as coming from you NOT in the subject Like the following quot Hi guys thought you d like to see another Smith s find quot insert your own last name or a nickname your friends know is really you You might even send an email around telling your friends that you are identifying forwarded emails by quot Don s favorites quot BUT don t use it in the subject line nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-tell-friends-emails-from-hacked-emails.1053313/
Relevancy 35.69%

I was asked to give additional info on my problem Emails outbox in emails outlook getting in stuck 2003. stuck Solved: outgoing I am using windows on internet explorer We are connected with at amp t for the internet The computer is a month old Dell Inspiron with i processor I recently had a trojan horse that totally Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox messed up my computer so badly that I brought it to a computer repair shop and had windows reloaded The computer is working fine now Before the trojan horse I was using Office and doing all my emails from outlook When windows was reloaded I uploaded the same Office I configured emails to go to outlook but for the life of me Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox outgoing emails are getting stuck in the outbox I can go over to google gmail and both send and receive emails I just like the outlook setup There is alot of info on the internet on how to change your emails over to outlook I am currently using IMAP I also tried it with POP but no matter what I do outgoing emails go to the outbox I feel the system is configured correctly I get a message that the info I put in is correct I have no problem receiving emails on outlook What can I do to be able to send emails out using outlook I can send an email out on google gmail so I don t have a problem with the internet connection Thanks for your input nbsp

A:Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox

In almost all cases, it's just a matter of the settings not being correct, maybe the SMTP port number is incorrect or authentication needs to be turned on.

Also, if you had messages already waiting in the Outbox before changing any settings, you should delete those and try sending a new message.

Here's the AT&T settings: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&cv=801&_requestid=334567#fbid=Yg-D7qm9g7_

And the configuration steps: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573#fbid=Yg-D7qm9g7_
It's pretty close for Outlook 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outgoing-emails-stuck-in-outlook-2003-emails-getting-stuck-in-outbox.1091734/
Relevancy 30.53%

The question really says all about what I want to do, or need help on. I recently signed up for a new outlook account to try out the new outlook preview and I've set up gmail to automatically forward new messages to my outlook account so that I can use outlook to manage my gmail account.

Do any of you know how I would be able to forward the old messages, and not the new ones, to my outlook? I already know that they can be fetched into outlook by outlook's very own service, forwarding would be faster, so..?! Also, since I now use outlook to send email on behalf of my gmail account, how do I make it sync each email I send using outlook with my gmail - so that gmail has it all?

TY in advance. Please do help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467219/way-to-forward-old-emails-from-my-gmail-to-outlook-and-sync-sent-emails-from-outlook-to-gmail/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey guys, does anyone know how one could view old emails on outlook express 2003 ? i dont seem to be able to view old mails about 2 - 3months old.. wht settings do i need to change and how can i acheive this..
avanti vigg

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/old-emails-246003.html
Relevancy 26.66%
Q: emails

HI,I thought i saw somewhere there are programs to verify if an email has been received,thank you

A:emails

Are you talking about bulk mailing? If yes then any good mailing software like mailchimp, constant contact, benchmark will show you detailed analytics who received opened and all.

If you are asking about individual mails i guess you can try round cube although i am not sure if any email client will show such stats.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591523/emails/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi:

Since I joined I made 2 posts to Win NT/200/XP. I got email notifications of responses...no problem. This is the only forum on which I asked questions. I did visit Win 95/98/ME and All Other Software. Posts were on 11/13 at 9:08 AM (Differences between Apps and Processes tabs in Task Manager) and on 11/14 at 3:21 PM (Two symbols or icons whose meaning eludes me).

But I am also getting tons of email from a lot of people asking (and getting answers) that I have no recollection of having asked or responded to. Perhaps 10 or 15 a day.

If I need to change some setting to prevent this could you please tell me what I need to do? I like being told by email of responses; if I want that must I accept lots of unwanted and seemingly unrelated to any question I've asked.

John

A:I' getting a lot of emails I don't want and I don't know why.

Above (Top of this page right hand side) you will see User Panel link. Click it and then click Edit Options. Look down the list and find this.
Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.

Obviously turn it off if you do not want every replied thread you were in e-maild to you.(I understand you said it's from threads you werent even a part of) But Id still turn it off and just check in on your messages.

Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-getting-a-lot-of-emails-i-dont-want-and-i-dont-know-why.104066/
Relevancy 26.66%

So I am currently at work and I received an email from my home email with a link to an online store which I didn't send. Could this be a virus on my computer or someone who has gained access to my email or possibly both? The link is to "http://kedaibuku.onepiecebakery.com/wp-content/plugins/eshop/image.php?harder128.jpg"

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Adam

A:Emails from myself

Most likely a Spoofed/Forged Email. Change your Email password.Let's also scan.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1 <<<== Use this one first.Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442886/emails-from-myself/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello all,
Sorry to bother you guys again..about why do i get a lot of emails which should go to the helponthenet...but they fill up my email everyday..I did follow someone advice twice..but the same thing still show up on my emails..fill up the whole page everyday..please someone help me...
Thanks
Seri

Go to User Panel and Click Edit Options...under the Messaging & Notification section check the appropriate radio buttons. I think you have

Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.

Set to yes..set this to no and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emails.100807/
Relevancy 26.66%

How can I protect myself from emails from ME to ME with zip files attached (labeled pictures). I can't put myself on the blacklist.
The headers give me no clue where these came from.
Trend antivirus may or may not catch these before damage is done but how can I be sure. These are easy to miss because I do send mail to myself from time to time.
Where to look in the header that would tell me something about it's origin. I have been getting my share of these lately and I am just afraid of opening one by mistake after all I do send myself pictures when file transfers are not available.

Thanks for your help, Dave

A:Emails from ME to ME but not from me.

Hi Dave May I ask if you still have these emails with the .zip attachments? If so, would you mind forwarding them to me to an email address I'll send you via PM?Also, what email are we talking about? Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.? Using a web client or POP3 client?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613683/emails-from-me-to-me-but-not-from-me/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello, at my job we have Microsoft exchange. Prior to this we used a webmail serivice. When we originally switched over, I had two sections with inbox, sent, etc. One was the old one with all of my old emails, and the other (on top) was the new exchange inbox.

I recently switched computers and copied all of my user data but for some reason, outlook only shows the exchange inbox and not my old one (which has neccessary emails). Why would this happen? When I log into the old webmail that housed these emails and nothing is there. It was there last week prior to switching computers.

I am using windows 7 pro, office 13 outlook exchange.

I guess what I want to know is, where did my old emails go prior to switching to exchange? They were in there before switching computers, so I am not sure why they would have disappeared!

A:Where did my emails go?

I'm not sure, but I think you needed to export Outlooks. .PST file and then import it into the new installation of Outlook on the new computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/293449-where-did-my-emails-go.html
Relevancy 26.66%
Q: Emails?

Hello

I am new to this forum and i would like to know how to change the setting so that when someone post a reply on my thread i get a email telling me that i have a new reply on my thread.

How to do that?

A:Emails?

Quote: Originally Posted by Jonty789

Hello

I am new to this forum and i would like to know how to change the setting so that when someone post a reply on my thread i get a email telling me that i have a new reply on my thread.

How to do that?

At the top of the thread, click thread tools. Subscribe to thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71836-emails.html
Relevancy 26.66%
Q: Emails

unable to send msgs with window 7 on Acer 5250 laptop

A:Emails

What e-mail program are you using? Web based or installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emails.1060481/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi you all,
I must have done something wrong, I reveive questions form the people who ask question to helponthenet. Every morning when I turn on the machine to check mail, my screen is filled with the emails from the people who send to helponthenet but I receive them all and I have to spend a lot of time deleting them.
Please tell me how do I do to not receiving those mails any more.
Thank you very much.
Seri

try going to your "user panel"
(just above the advert, along with register, search, faqs etc)

see if you've subscribed to any forums or threads

on that same page
go to "edit options"

look at: Messaging & Notification

do you have "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" as a yes?

check off 'no'

that should clear it up for you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emails.98090/
Relevancy 26.66%

i can only recieve emails and cannot send them(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

We need a little more info. What email program/client are you using? Do you get any error messages when you try to send emails?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102556/emails/
Relevancy 26.66%

i cannot open any pps emails.do i need microsoft word 2003 and do i have to pay for it.

Hey Conthib, Welcome to TSF,

When you say you can't open emails, do you mean you can't open them online, or using Outlook?

Word doesn't really have anything to do with emails, but if you were you acquire it, that would require a payment, yes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/emails-189603.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I have 4 emails in my windows live mail which I cannot delete or mark as junk mail whenever I try a box comes up saying an unexpected error has occured. Its bugging the hell out me, I have tried uninstalling windows essentials then re-installing they were still there on reinstall, I have tried system restore as far back as I could go in this case to 30 may 16 but they were still there. They dont seem to be causing any harm so could I safely ignore them which I dont realy want to do I want them deleted.

A:how do I get rid of these emails

Who hosts your email? . . can you look at the mail using a web browser?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/how-do-i-get-rid-of-these-emails-1124049.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Has anyone had a problem with hotmail emails .When we send an email from hotmail without any attachments the email will arrive at the destination with attachments. The attachments consist of the contents from our computer eg. GIFs from web sites visited personal photos. We have tried several ways to find out what is happening via microsoft ,hotmail, norton anti virus but to no avail. The file and folder name changes each time the attachments/files/folders are deleted .Hope someone can help

Closed.See http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174227/emails/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174064/emails/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello,

Here's a really weird one.

Happened today, never before, on my iPad, and I see now also on my PC running W7. Using Thunderbird for my PC eMail.

Both the iPad's Mail, and the PC Thunderbird mail, seem to be trying to send eMails, by themselves, to parties I've never heard of.

The eMails gets bounced, with a msg. saying mailbox is unavailable, no such party, etc.

How can it be happening without my actually composing and sending an eMail ?

What might be going on ?

Virus, Malware possibilities, or...?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

A:eMails Being Sent By Themselves ?

Click here DDS

Click on Download Now button

When the download is complete . Drag the DDS program from the Downloads folder to your Desktop

Double click the DDS icon on the Desktop then click the Run button to run the tool.

Place a check next to attach.txt and click Start . When done, DDS will open two logs DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save two logs onto your desktop and upload them with your reply

How To Upload a File
Click on the Go Advanced button under the Message box . Scroll down to Additional Options then click on Manage Attachments in the Attach Files sections . Click the Browse button locate the file then click on the Open button . In the Upload File from your Computer section click on the Upload button . Wait until it finishes uploading then close the window . Then click Submit Reply .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302274-emails-being-sent-themselves.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi i dont know what has happenend but loads of emails has been sent out to most people on my address book , i clean my puter every time i use it ,i have done the scanning and everything , im finding it bit embarassing , hope someone can advise . thanks

Sounds like a virus.
Do a complete virus scan.

At boot if your antivirus supports it.

What is the content of the sent emails ?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/28725-emails.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi. Somehow while trying to forward an email, i have accidently made everything very small, how can i reverse this and get my emails the original size. thanks.Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

On the Tools Menu, click Options.
Then do Mail Format > Stationary and Format.
You can then change the default font.
EDIT: THE ABOVE STEPS ARE USED IN MICROSOFT OUTLOOK, it may vary for other emailing platforms.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522518/emails/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello All
Is it possible to receive an e-mail from someone who no longer uses the e-mail address, i receieved an e-mail from a friend who no longer uses there e-mail address it was sent from, or have they re-activated there old e-mail address or possibly someone has hacked there old e-mail address and contacts?

Thanks
Allan

Welcome Allan,

If a person closes an email account most emails have a waiting period before that address can be used again.
Not being able to actually talk to the sender I can only guess at possible scenarios
It is possible that the sender never closed the account and the yes they could send you mail
If the account were actually closed no one can send mail from that account. A sender, if theyknow how, can send an email to you and make it appear that it came from the address in question.
If the account is still open, yes a third party could use the account if the address and password were known. This is a possiblity if the computer were indeed hacked.

I think the best course of action would be to speak to the sender. If it is confired that they did not send you mail the account should be closed. If mail is still received the email provider should be notified (probably by email). All contacts in the senders address book should, also, be alerted to the potential problem, if one is found to exist.

I hope that I have, at least a little.

Goood Luck

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/285062-emails.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I have a problem, I can't import my old emails from Outlook in XP. That's not true really because I follow the directions and it imports the emails but there are about the last 18 months missing can anyone help Please,
Regards octebra.

Relevancy 26.66%

Can any one help with my emails how can I get family emails in a box of there own when thay download we all have same email address but diffent names (ntlworld)

I'm guessing your using Outlook?

Look here: How to set up incoming filter or two inboxes in Outlook - Tech Support Guy Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/emails-672169.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Guy's any help would realy be appreciated as I'm not that good with gadgets, I have an ipad and iphone and I am able to get my email come to these items no problem but for some reson I no longer get email come into my inbox on my laptop, I am using windows mail.
for example if I send myself a tes email from my iphone it sends ok and it will com up in my ipad and vice verser but not my laptop.....not sure what is happening
any help on how I can get my email to show up on my lap top would be appreciated
Thank you for your help
Shahab

You cannot download an email on your laptop if that same email has already been downloaded on another device. This is because, by default, when you download an email it is automatically deleted from your email provider's POP3 server.

If you mean your laptop will not even download new emails, please check that the account information and settings are correct in Windows Mail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/emails-666773.html
Relevancy 26.66%

whenever I send an email to several others, I always receive a copy of those emails when I next open up Outlook Express. How do I stop receiving copies of the emails that I send to others? There must be a simple way as for a long tijme in the past I did not recive copies of my messages and I must have somehow changed the setting so that now I do

Is your name in the group that you use?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emails-693560.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I would like to know how to access my old email account. I have a new server and I have to use his email account, but I would like to know how to view my emails in my old sbcglobal.net emailModerator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

If your account still exists at SBC/Yahoo, you should be able to log in and access your E-mails on the Internet. Once you have done this, you may be able to forward all mail (existing and in the future---at least for a time) to your new E-mail account.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82469/emails/
Relevancy 26.66%

hi, i had to reinstall vista due to hardware problems, i reinstalled it on the same disk however without formatting.

So now I have Windows, and Windows.old

Can I recover emails from my previous windows? where would they be stored?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/emails-266845.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I have connected my wife's windows 7 laptop to the internet following the details as described by windows 7. The system used is home networking and I installed incredimail on her laptop while my desktop has outlook express. I did this without informing my ISP.
My problem is that my email can be received and read on my wife's laptop and vice versa. By the way I am on ADSL and all I used was a 10 metre CAT 5E PVC UTP Patch Cable from my Adsl equipment to the Laptop.
Any ideas how I can stop my wife reading my email and vice-versa. Thanks guys.

You control what email is accessed on each PC when you set up each mail program.

Maybe, what you want to do is change the notebook's email setup to "leave a copy on the email server" rather than download it and delete it from the server?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269869/emails/
Relevancy 26.66%

With the amount of emails we receive, I regularly have to have an email clearout to make space on our account. I know that you can export your emails through Outlook Express - my question is where does OE export them to? I had expected to be asked where to save them etc, but I click on export, and then it starts exporting, but I don't know where to? Any suggestions? Or is there a better way of archiving old emails?

A:Where do my emails go?!

Simple answer is -- no-one knows.

Just kidding. I have no idea (using T-Bird). OE Help has a topic, "export messages to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange ", including a step about choosing profile (so I guess you just have the one).

http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/ is pretty good for OE stuff -- it might be listed in the FAQs.

EDIT: Tools > Options > Maintenance has a "location of Store Folder" thing, but I doubt that would relate to exported (i.e. backed-up, kind of) items. (?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-do-my-emails-go.525053/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

I turned on the computer today and apart from a handful of emails from 2012 all my emails have gone.

This is an IMAP account so the emails are stored locally as eml files. The emails are still on the server so I've recreated the account and managed to get some back (from current to around mid 2014)

What I'd like to know is how this happened, there's no way I would have deleted them manually and they're not in the relevant folder on my computer. There are no previous versions of the folder to restore either btw.
Also, where have the eml files gone? They're not in the recycle bin.

Could it be a rouge AV? (AVG)

Just seems strange that nearly everything was gone apart from a few emails.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:WLM emails gone

Ok scratch that, it's just done it again with the new account I created. I was halfway through downloading the 'sent' messages and now the newly full inbox has been cleaned out (except for a few messages from 2012 again)

What's going on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/372536-wlm-emails-gone.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I have windows 7 outlook 2010.
I can not send emails with attachments over 1mb.
I can receive with over 1mb.

No problem sending without attachments but anything larger than 1mb stays in outbox. ISP is bt who I have talked to for 4 hrs they remotely checked said it was a problem with outlook.

Any ideas folks.
Thanks. J

Welcome to TSF ;

You may compress your file and send or visit http://www.city-tech.org - Outlook 2007/2010 FREE - Davie, FL might help your issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/emails-604788.html
Relevancy 26.66%

A client workstation on our network has been bombarded with emails from two separate email addresses since this morning. It seems like they are being sent from servers that have been attacked. The client machine is up to date with virus software. How can I stop the client machine from being bombarded? One of the email addresses the messages are coming from is legit the other is bogus.

Any help would be appreciated.

River

Relevancy 26.66%

Right now i'm running xp with OE (I must be one of the few that like OE) the only thing stopping me moving to 7 right now is getting my emails/address book etc into 7.

I have had a nose at Thunderbird and i'm happy to move to that, so i have installed TB on my XP machine and fired that up and imported OE details into TB but what i need to know is how easy is it/what are the steps to once i have loaded 7 and TB to get those emails back into TB.

I hope i have made myself clear.
All1

A:Best way to get emails into 7

Quote:
Identify the e-mail account you want to use for the imported mail. You can use the Local Folders account, or some other account, or you can create a new account specially.
In Account Settings, go to the Local Folders account's main page to find its Local directory path. Or, to import the folder into some other account, go to the account's Server Settings page to find its Local directory path. Make a note of the path.
Exit Thunderbird or Mozilla Suite.
Back up your profile or Mail directory, especially if you plan to overwrite existing mbox files.
Copy the mbox files you are importing to the local directory that you identified in step 2. For example, copy "Inbox" (not Inbox.msf) to the account's local directory.
Note: If you want to keep the existing mbox file of the same name in the new location, rename the file you wish to import before copying it over. For example, rename "Inbox" to "InboxOld" and "Sent" to "SentOld".
Open Thunderbird or Mozilla Suite. As it starts up, the application automatically discovers new mbox files and makes them into folders. A folder for each file you copied should be displayed.
Open each folder and verify that it contains the correct number of e-mails, that they are readable, and that you can open attachments. Sometimes, differences between mbox formats cause multiple emails to be combined into one larger e-mail or can make some e-mails unreadable.
Troubleshooting is beyond the scope of this article, but if you examine the mbox technical links and the links to importing specific programs, you may find helpful information.

Importing and exporting your mail - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/174912-best-way-get-emails-into-7-a.html
Relevancy 26.66%

How exactly do I add more emails into the windows mail app?

I added one & can't seem to go to settings to add more or whatever?

A:Add more emails?

Launch your Mail app then go to your charms, click settings then Accounts.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12170-add-more-emails.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I am occassionaly getting an email from myself with links to a site selling Viagra I am not sure how it is being done The email address it appears to be emails myself Getting from sent from is my Getting emails from myself main ISP email account I use a gmail account as my daily use Getting emails from myself account so the ISP account is not used much I suspect my PC may be infected or to allow this to happen I am pasting the Getting emails from myself email information below I have also created a Hijackthis log and wil paste it if needed Can anyone provide a solution Message Source Info - Return-Path lt gvolz bigpond net au gt Received from nschwingx p mx bigpond com by nschwmtas p mx bigpond com with ESMTP id lt UIDS nschwmtas p mx bigpond com nschwingx p mx bigpond com gt for lt gvolz bigpond net au gt Wed Jan Received from by nschwingx p mx bigpond com with ESMTP id lt TZBA nschwingx p mx bigpond com gt for lt gvolz bigpond net au gt Wed Jan Received from Emerson br localhost by Emerson br with SMTP id E d De D for lt gvolz bigpond net au gt Wed Jan - envelope-from gvolz bigpond net au Message-Id lt D A E B EF F C CA Emerson br gt From gvolz bigpond net au To gvolz bigpond net au Reply-To gvolz bigpond net au Subject ISO- - q gvolz VIAGRA AE - discount Mime-Version Content-Type text html charset utf- Content-Transfer-Encoding bit Date Wed Jan X-RPD-ScanID Class confirmed VirusThreatLevel unknown RefID str A D ss pt R F fgs lt DOCTYPE html PUBLIC quot - W C DTD XHTML Transitional EN quot quot http www w org TR xhtml DTD xhtml -transitional dtd quot gt lt html xmlns quot http www w org xhtml quot gt lt head gt lt meta http-equiv quot Content-Type quot content quot application xhtml xml charset UTF- quot gt lt head gt lt body gt lt table border quot quot cellpadding quot quot cellspacing quot quot style quot width px quot gt lt tr gt lt td align quot center quot style quot font normal px Verdana sans-serif color quot gt lt a href quot http discount on pfizer viagra for gvolz hlmedico com quot style quot text-decoration none color ff quot gt Click here lt td gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt td align quot center quot gt lt br gt lt a href quot http discount on pfizer viagra for gvolz hlmedico com quot gt lt img src quot http viagra com PublicResources ContentAssets p jpg quot style quot border-width px quot gt lt a gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt body gt lt html gt thanks in advance for any assistance

A:Getting emails from myself

Hello, What you're seeing is called "spoofing" or more correctly "From-spoofing" - sending email that appears as if it's coming "From:" someone that its not.The bad news: there's almost nothing you can do.Spoofing is a technique that is used in just about every bit of spam you see today. Spammers are trying to hide where the email comes from and are doing so very effectively. Good read here http://ask-leo.com/why_am_i_getting_spam_from_myself.htmlGet Mailwasherhttp://www.mailwasher.net/You then check your email at the server and mark the spam and delete or bonuce the spam at the server so you never have to download it. Make a friends list for good email. Bounce email going back to sender and it's shows that your address is not anygood. But it can take a long time to get off a spam list and may not always work but I would try it. Although it is not a malware we may as well check for some as you are here.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375891/getting-emails-from-myself/
Relevancy 26.66%

My computer has been sending emails to people in my contact list with "no subject" and a link posted to that apparently takes you to a site that sells Viarga. I am not sending this to anybody, there is something in my system and run with McAfee-Windows vista. Any way to find the bug and get it out-nothing I've can has helped.

A:emails being sent

E-mail Spoofing

E-mail Spoofing

How do Spammers Harvest Email Addresses

Seems like you volunteered to receive spam?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emails-being-sent.964403/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all,

On Outlook I have one email that I sent 2 weeks ago and it has been going out to the same destination everyday. Is this my problem or the email service provider's problem? Thank you in advance.

-afs16554-

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi is it possible to recover old emails from outlook express on xp i have vista premium.
jah22

i don't use it so not sure if this will get them
click on the file tab and in the drop down click on import mail

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/emails-237825.html
Relevancy 26.66%

First big apologies as I think I posted this problem in the wrong section Email I am posting it here now as I think not emails but from me sent by me it may be an infection after reading your guidance notes Sorry to waste the admin s time if they have to remove it from the email section Hope you can help me again I came to my comp for the first time today at approx pm and found that two emails emails sent from me but not by me had been sent by me to all my contacts at am there was no subject line and the body of the email had this link http mississaugadentureclinic com u X zTc kG html and the other had this link http www sportslocker co nz i zsI KiEV html I have run malwarebytes and my avira but they have come up with nothing I am worried that all my contacts will open the links thinking it is safe because it has come from me I can t work out how to send a warning email to all my contacts to tell them to ignore it I have not opened the links My comp seems to be running normally at the moment This has never happened to me before hope someone can give me some advice Thanks in advance Ruth x

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271893/emails-sent-from-me-but-not-by-me/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi
can anyone help please
I Am having emails sent to some of my email in my address book
but I Havant sent them
here is the info on the email
this is getting more fequent, as it was sent twice to these emails in my address book.this morning.
help please................
thanks

Received: from smtprly-de01.mx.aol.com (smtprly-de01.mx.aol.com [205.188.249.168]) by cia-db04.mx.aol.com (v128.3) with ESMTP id MAILCIADB048-b22c4bdce1452db; Sat, 01 May 2010 22:19:58 -0400
Received: from webmail-m038 (webmail-m038.sim.aol.com [64.12.101.221]) by smtprly-de01.mx.aol.com (v128.3) with ESMTP id MAILSMTPRLYDE011-b22c4bdce1452db; Sat, 01 May 2010 22:19:49 -0400

A:Help please Emails I Have not sent.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314150/help-please-emails-i-have-not-sent/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi ,this is a topic i put in emails but i think it should be here as i think it's a virus infecting hotmail emails
Has anyone had a problem with hotmail emails .When we send an email from hotmail without any attachments the email will arrive at the destination usually outlook with attachments. The attachments consist of the contents from our computer eg. GIFs from web sites visited personal photos. We have tried several ways to find out what is happening via microsoft ,hotmail, norton anti virus but to no avail. The file and folder name changes each time the attachments/files/folders are deleted .Hope someone can help .Regards Jim

Hello Jim. Try this scan to see if it finds anything:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174227/emails/
Relevancy 26.66%

hi Recently I have been subjected to a LOT of emails of a porno nature arriving in both the inbox and spam box in my main ntlworld email account One of the porno emails sender was From Myself? Emails Sent To Myself from me And nope I didnt do it I have since - after great discussion with Virgin been able to get them to delete this email account I have now noticed that one of my yahoo co uk accounts and one of the gmail com accounts are now receiving a porno emails but they are coming into the spam account The others seem unaffected at the present I am also having a frustrating problem that when referrals to several of my opportunies all above board Emails Sent From Myself To Myself? - sign up under me - they go astray and end up under someone else I am not sure whether these two problems have the same root cause or whether they are different problems I am currently running on windows xp - using avast free trial for both firewall and virus etc scanner Plus in addition I have netgear installed I regularly run update avast antivirus nothing found - ran this in safemode too - nothing found superantispyware nothing found Spybot S amp D nothing found I have also used CCleaner in both normal and safemode AFT-Cleaner normal and safemode and Disk Cleanup - normal mode I was hit with a vundo virus a couple of months back - and used a combination of deleting the Prefetch folder vundo fix and avast to clear it Question is did I fix it - or do I have something else lurking that I cant find

A:Emails Sent From Myself To Myself?

Assuming you have a good two-way firewall active, and you are reasonably certain that your computer is virus-free, the E-mail you receive from yourself are probably the result of your address having been found on another, but infected, computer, or harvested by spambots from public sites.
You may wish to use one of the many on-line virus scans to double-check your hard drive as a precaution.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/133069/emails-sent-from-myself-to-myself/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I am not computer savvy at all - so go easy I have Verizon DSL and AOL I m realizing that AOL is a problem but it s just easy to use All my email is done through AOL For several months I have been having emails being sent to people that are either in my address book or NOT in my address book I do not send the emails they send themselves I only know when it happens if the email is also sent to me The emails do NOT show in my quot sent quot folder so it s like my computer is not sending them yet they show my address on the quot from quot line Also old emails that i being - but PLZ me!! by not sent Help Emails out me sent to certain people months ago will be sent to OTHER people who I didn t want them sent to Yikes this has caused some upset It s difficult to explain all this so I m hoping somebody knows what I m talking about and can help me Computer guy I took it to says I don Emails being sent out - but not by me!! Help me PLZ t have a virus Why is this happening I m terrified to write certain things in my emails for fear that this quot problem quot will send them out randomly BTW when i called AOL for help they blamed it on Verizon because they say Verizon is my server is this correct Please help me nbsp

Relevancy 26.66%

When I try to click on an email address in blue within an email message, sometimes I get the message 'Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed'. I have looked on 'Tools' etc. but can find no obvious answer to this and it only happens with some email addresses. Now it has become critical as I have a new software prog for my business which needs this facility to send my email messages to potential customers. Help! and thanks.
Di-Di

In Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, program tab - make sure you have a default email program listed.

However the above is a random guess as you have not indicated anything about the Operating System. We can only assume Windows, and we have no idea what you use for your email program.

Always a good idea to give at least some basic details.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emails.581353/
Relevancy 26.66%

i am having a problem, there are 1000's of emails being sent without my permission, i am using Norton internet security 2008 and they cant find the problem , i have also used "hijack this" and nothing showed up on the files there, i have also disconnected my internet for a week and done full system scans and uninstalled any programs that went in use or i didn't know were on my computer i think it is a worm or form of malware but I'm not too sure how to fix it. i have also deleted all my emails and stoped any out going emails but that didn't do anything. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Emails Being Sent Without Me Doing Anything

Sounds like some type of spambot.Have your tried running your scans in "Safe Mode"? If not, please do so. If you did or scanning in safe mode does not help, then do this:Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet. Please download Sysclean Package & save it to your desktop.Create a new folder on drive "C:\" and rename it Sysclean - (C:\Sysclean).Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files - (Pattern files are usually named lptxxx.zip, where xxx is the pattern file number)Extract (unzip) the lptxxx.zip pattern file into the Sysclean folder where you put sysclean.com. (Click here for information on how to extract a file if your not sure how to do this. DO NOT scan yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".Scan with Sysclean as follows:Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to start the scanning process.Put a check mark on the "Automatically clean or delete infected files" option by clicking in the checkbox.Click the Advanced >> button.The scan options appear. Select the "Scan all local fixed drives".Click the "Scan button" on the Trend Micro System Cleaner console.It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.Another MS-DOS window appears containing the log file (sysclean.log) generated in the same folder where the scan is completed - C:\Sysclean.To view the log, click the "View button" on the Trend Micro System Cleaner console. The Trend Micro Sysclean Package - Log window appears.The Files Detected section shows the viruses that were detected by System Cleaner.The Files Clean section shows the viruses that were cleaned.The Clean Fail section shows the viruses that were not cleaned.Exit when done, reboot normally and re-enable your anti-virus program.Instructions with screenshots are here if you need them.When using Sysclean its best to use the Administrator's account or an account with Administrative rights otherwise you will not have access rights to scan some locations. You can also Use the "Run As" Command to Start a Program as an Administrator. Even when doing that, the scanning process may result in "Access Denied" messages for some files. This is normal because these files are protected by the system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121353/emails-being-sent-without-me-doing-anything/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am using Windows Xp operating system I have lost my emails recently and do not know how Emails to get it back system restore will not work because the files have Emails been corrupted how do you fix that you can download something from the web Emails but you have to pay for it surely there is someway of getting back my emails for free The files can get back bying downloading on the website but it will not let me transfer it to the computer because I will have to pay for it the only way I can get it back is to pay so surely if you can get it back if you have to pay then there is a way of getting it back for free could you advise me Emails it is very important emails that I have lost How do you find a backup on the computer because maybe it keeps a backup of all the emails Many thanks Peter Gottlieb nbsp

Relevancy 26.66%

I have recently discovered that emails with malicious links are being sent under Sent My Emails Under Name my email address Any help is appreciated Logfile Emails Sent Under My Name of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running Emails Sent Under My Name processes C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Photoshop CS Photoshop exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Kelly AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com USCON R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook BitTorrentBar Toolbar - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files x BitTorrentBar tbBitT dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESite... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emails-sent-under-my-name.1000620/
Relevancy 26.66%

I want to cc every email I send to myself on my email accounts. I have computers in 4 locations and would like a copy of all emails to be cc's to all of the computers. The reason is that when I attend each place I want the information that I send to be available at each one. My windows mail wont do it because I am cc'ing to myself is there a way around this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cc-emails.1119513/
Relevancy 26.66%

Using Mozilla Thunderbird for emails. Ver. 2.0.0.24 When I get emails with attachments and want to reply or forward them, they don't get attached. When using my old XP Pro computer and using Thunderbird on that machine, it would forward the attachment from other emails. There must be something in the Options I'm missing.

Thanks for any way you may help me.........

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi - I recently browsed a site called WebShoppingCentre,looking for best price for a item I wanted to purchase. Since then I've been getting c. 70 emails a week from different individuals, but under the banner Webshopping centre, trying to get me to buy their products.

How can I block these - have got my Spam block on, & these emails are'nt coming up in my 'Bulk' inbox?

Cheers

Suzannelan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/emails-189293.html
Relevancy 26.66%

hi i live in france and use outlook ex for emails to relatives and friends in uk but get the odd email from uknown contacts i have norton installed but sometimes i am expecting mail and i open them if there is an attachment it opens without giving me the chance to say no!! is there any way i can open attatchments when i want instead of as soon as i open the tex message any info will be welcome

If you have the Preview Pane enabled (as it is by default) in Outlook Express, you may be at risk. Any time you select a message (highlite it by single clicking) in the main pane, you are in essence opening the message.

The Preview Pane is pretty much a useless feature anyway, so it just makes sense to get rid of it. Pretty easy to do also:

1. Open "Outlook Express"
2. Click "View"
3. Click "Layout" in the drop down menu
4. Click to take the checkmark out of the box next to "Show preview pane"
5. Click "OK" and you're done!

It would be safer to receive your email in plain text, also:

1. Open "Outlook Express"
2. Click "Tools"
3. Click "Options"
4. Click "Read"
5. Under "Reading Messages" put a checkmark in "Read all messages in plain text"
6. Click "Apply"
7. Click "OK" and you're done!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16941/emails/
Relevancy 26.66%

We have two laptops Mine runs Vista Home No emails Premium AVG and I am using Windows Mail for my emails No emails The computer is connected by Ethernet cable to the router On mine I can surf the internet and can send receive emails OK My wife's laptop has the same OS No emails and AVG but uses Thunderbird for emails It is connected wirelessly to the router My wife can surf the internet but cannot send receive emails as the No emails connection to the incoming email server times out We each use the same incoming and outgoing mail servers Two point to note I recently had to change to outgoing mail server on both laptops due to a change in broadband supplier Before that both email systems were OK Just after changing the outgoing email server on my wife's laptop the system worked OK as we were able to send test emails to each other I have now changed my wife's laptop so it uses Windows Mail and the same problem arises The AVG was reinstalled on both laptops soon after the change in outgoing mail server due to a fault it developed after being automatically updated so it's still in a learning phase I am leaning towards a problem caused by AVG blocking the connection but I don't know how to check this I would appreciate advice with this problem

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/184949-no-emails.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi All
I got a computer at work, and i connected it to the network and configured out the emails etc. What i didnt do was to export the old emails I had on outlook.

After connecting to the new network and starting my emails again, I could find the file to where my old emails were stored.

Is there any way I can retreive those email again? as they are dam important.

any one help please

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,
I've tried to find a similar question on here but have been unsuccessful.
On Monday this week I noticed I wasn't receiving any emails and thought it was maybe a quiet week. On Wednesday when I still hadn't received any I changed my password and security question. I received one email after doing this but nothing else since. Some sites I log onto say 'this email is not recognised'.
I have avast internet security which has not picked anything up even tho I have done 2 full scans.
I have had this email addy since 2005 and this is the first time I have encountered a problem.
Does anyone know what has happened and how to fix it please?
I'm not terribly computer literate but I do try.
Regards, BoltonByrd

A:Emails being intercepted

Hello and welwlcome.. I want to run 3 tools and see if somethings show.Please follow our Removal Guide here How to remove Google Redirects. You will move to the Automated Removal InstructionsIf it finds something make sure Cure is selectedNext click Continue then Reboot nowA log file should be created on your C: drive named "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents in your next reply.Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.Now reboot to Normal and run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to in... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410684/emails-being-intercepted/
Relevancy 26.66%

How do I bring my Yahoo and Hotmail emails into Outlook? It asks for "postoffice," "mailbox," and password when I first open outlook. I'd like to use Outlook all the time. Thanks for your help!

A:Outlook Emails

Here is a guide to setup Yahoo Mail in Outlook. I don't use Hotmail, but you should be able to find simular instructions on their site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-emails.456023/