Windows Support Forum

Odd attachment display in SF

Q: Odd attachment display in SF

I'm using IE8, just did a clean reinstall and have finally got all Windows updates. When I click an attached pic in a thread it doesn't open in the post. It does open at the top of the current page. Thhis has only started since the new install.
Any way I can get back to normal?

Also the only way to make the enlarged pic go away is refeshing the page, the X won't do it.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Odd attachment display in SF

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Odd attachment display in SF

In "Internet Options" at General at the Tabs,Settings button select "Open popups in new Tab"

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/178669-odd-attachment-display-sf.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Everyone?
Can someone help me on how to display attachment size in Windows Live Mail. Is there a way to activate this "size preview" in WLM? Thanks in advance.

A:Display WLM Attachment Size

Go to view>columns and choose what you would like to be displayed.
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/239418-display-wlm-attachment-size.html
Relevancy 51.6%

In mailbox, click to display attachment, get Windows IE msg "click to run ActiveX ctrl on this page." Matters not if I 'X' it out or click OK, immediately get msg "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close."
Creates an error report code 0xc0000005 addr 457e1dee. Send error report get kicked off line to home page.
So far, (with my limited knowledge) I have run scandsk on C and D surfaces. Reloaded IE 7. Restored mcode from an earlier time. And other things I can't remember. Running Windows XP. Tnx for any help. JimK

A:in mailbox, click to display attachment, IE encounters a problem. 0xc0000005

Hello and welcome to TSF

I had a quick search in google and came across this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q240023/

As it says to obtain the 'hotfix' you need to contact Microsoft, it is a bit strange as it mentions it happens IN IE5.

Good luck and I hope that helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/in-mailbox-click-to-display-attachment-ie-encounters-a-problem-0xc0000005-172925.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just installed Outlook 2003 for one of the users on our corporate network as part of Office 2003. The user gets this message "A program has the file attachment <SUBJECT OF EMAIL> open. Changes to this document will be lost unless you save your changes to another file by clicking the File menu of the other program, and then clicking Save As."

This happens when the user is viewing emails using the Reading Pane and then clicks onto a different email. The strange thing about this is the email does not have any attachments and no other programs are running.

The OS is Windows XP and the user connects to our exchange server locally using an exchage account.

I will attach an image with as much detail about the problem as I can without violating confidentiality.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-says-attachment-open-but-no-attachment-exists.292728/
Relevancy 33.11%

Adding in contextual content from other topic OBHallo and thank you in advance for your time I got a virus but I don't know the name of it sorry Strange things happened to my pc lately Unsolicited mediaplayer popped upHijackingsomeone's voices from the this the is right attachment? speakers and the noise of a keyboardvirus warnigs asking to download antiviruses that I did not download as I found out were viruses themselves and so on I found out about Hijackthis and tryied to use it even if I have very limited knowledge and spent a lot of time on it Eventually I made it to remove many files marked as suspicious or infected Unfortunately there are files that hijackthis does not remove These are O - HKLM Run UpdateWin C WINDOWS system appendt exeO - HKLM is this the right attachment? RunServices UpdateWin C WINDOWS system appendt exeO - HKCU Run UpdateWin C WINDOWS system appendt exeO - HKCU RunServices UpdateWin C WINDOWS system appendt exeThe following is also marked as suspiciousC Programmi PANDA SOFTWARE AVTC PsImSvc exe the comment says it should be somewhere else End of added material OBSorryis this the log I am supposed to post Yes it is OBThank you Jill

A:is this the right attachment?

hi,sorry for delay, no shortage of posters. Still need help: You can do this:Link and directions:Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop:http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.phpDouble-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Be sure that everything is checked, and click **Remove Selected.****A restart of your computer most likely will be required to remove some items.**When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219001/is-this-the-right-attachment/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi All.

I have had this problem for a while and is now annoying me.

When I save a file when I try to open it I get the message quote:This file does not have a program associated with it for performing the action.
Create an association in the folder options control panel.

This happens when I email as an attachment either a file or photo,I always do the files in Microsoft word and save the photos to a folder.

Any help would be appreciated,I am using Windows XP Pro with service pack 3.

I use Firefox and Internet explorer and it happaens in both.

Many thanks
Norman

A:Attachment

See if this can help How to change the default program a file opens with in Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/attachment-608441.html
Relevancy 33.11%

i keep getting emails with attachments ending in EML....i can't get them to come up....same with ones that end in .email. what am i doing wrong??? i click and then i clicked download & then run....nothing came up, just a blank screen. said there was no virus, but it still didn't come up. i feel like such an idiot! this is just a machine right? shouldn't i be in charge!?

Relevancy 33.11%

In windows 2000 when I clicked on a pic attachment in an email it would ask me if I wanted to save it or open it. Now with XP Home it just opens the attachment by itself. How do I make it ask if I want to save or open? Thanks.

A:XP Pic attachment

In Outlook, please give us some more information.. I'd guess though, you're using a different version of IE/Outlook now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-pic-attachment.10233/
Relevancy 33.11%

Windows XP

OK here is something that has bothered me for a long time and I am wondering if any one out there might have a clue where I can change the Default setting on this.... or Reg-hack...

OK when you go to send an attachment in your web based email, and you click the browse button and the Chose File Window comes up and off to the Right you can select View Menu this is the Question, can you make DEFALT THUMB NAIL instead of LIST? So that every time you go to attach something it is all ready in Thumb Nail view?

Much appreciated
Ganguess!

Relevancy 33.11%

hi, i have been sent an e-mail with a file attachment named.. 'humour.MP3.scr'
I can't save it to anywhere as it only shows the e-mail (there is no message in it). It saves to temp int files but i can't locate it afterwards. I have not openned the attachment. I cannot locate it with Norton Antivirus. I tried sending it to Symmantic but their upload file programme says it's not a file.
Any ideas what i can do?

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi! I am having Win XP on my Laptop when i attach a file and send it using Outlook Web Access it gives following error

one or more errors occurred while the message was being sent"
"Error : (Ox80070005): Access is denied"

I am able send some other file as attachment using the same. i use my Exchange server mail account.

If any one can help me out please.

Thanks in Adv
With Regards
Shivesh Jha
India

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/attachment-in-owa-101500.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Log Hjt Attachment Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeF lavasoft aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeG a-squared Free a service exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Seagate Basics Service SyncServicesBasics exeC WINDOWS system drivers dcfssvc exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Hjt Log Attachment Program Files twc medicsp bin Hjt Log Attachment sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exeC Program Files Venturi Client ventc exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exeF ScreenPrint exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Google Google Hjt Log Attachment Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exeG Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files twc medicsp bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreenPro PrintScreenPro exeF filehippo com UpdateChecker exeC Program Files Billeo billeo exeF Program Files Logitech SetPoint SETPOINT EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files IncrediMail bin ImApp exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgscanx exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page H x h H R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Billeo - E E -F - - F- D B C - C Program Files Billeo billeo dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO OToolbarHelper Class - EAD A - A - - -C E - C Program Files PayPal PayPal Plug-In PayPalHelper dllO - BHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLO - BHO no name - FDD B... Read more

A:Hjt Log Attachment

Hello and welcome to BCWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. We aim to provide the valuable service known to come from BC to every member we can, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay. Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save to your Desktop.alternate download siteDSS will do the following:Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.Close all applications and windows.Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
malicious.When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:main.txt <- this one will be maximizedextra.txt <- this one will be minimizedIf not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.-- When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.If you already preformed the steps above We still need to see the current state of the machine fresh scan and logs are still necessaryclick on Start, click on Run copy and paste the following in bold in the open window and then click OK"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /configThis will open up DSS configuration click on Check Allclick ScanDSS will now run again when finishedPlease post back both logs that open in notepadMain txt and extra txtNextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158701/hjt-log-attachment/
Relevancy 33.11%

wont let me add an attachment for some reason

A:Attachment for me

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/434103 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434103/attachment-for-me/
Relevancy 33.11%

Some one please walk me through how to post attachments.
I have some I need to post to find some help on how to get rid the Messenger
Service messages that keep popping up, they have just about locked me out on line.
Thanks
Bob

Relevancy 33.11%

I opened word and in the recent documents is a document titled attachment. I clicked on it and its a web page. I tried to delete it but find no delete button. I right click in hopes to find properties to find where the file lives...no dice. so i saved it as a word document and then tried to delete it that way, it deleted the word document but added another attachment file. im using office and home 2007

how do i get rid of the page?

A:Attachment

can i get an answer please? i know this may seem simple to some of you but not fo rme.

thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/software/135344-attachment.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello again, it's been a while. I have a problem with sending some e-mails. I am trying to send a video clip which is 1 minute long or 47,600 KBs. I keep getting a message saying it is too big and couldn't be sent. My question is, how do I increase the size I can send. I am sure I receive much bigger video clips some times.

A:Too Big Attachment

Some e-mail providers have a limit that cannot be changed, but it's only for sending, not receiving. The reason you can receive e-mails with attachments bigger than that is the sender's e-mail provider doesn't have as strict of a limit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/294707-too-big-attachment.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Seems to me that I remember something in XP that allowed you to attach a program to the 'right click' function on the mouse. Any ideas how to do this in Vista? Thanks in advance!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228480-right-click-attachment.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I just got an email in my Yahoo mail which does have Norton Anti Virus option to scan attachments with but this was only K it seemed strange to have an attachment and be only that size email 1K? only with attachment, It said quot Good Morning quot on it and from email protected nobody I ve ever email with attachment, only 1K? heard of There doesn t seem to be a way to look at PROPERTIES or forward it to my Outlook email with attachment, only 1K? Express mail where this is possible without opening it So I just deleted it But I m wondering about the attachment icon and it only being K Something about that seems kind of strange Actually getting an email that small seems kind of strange also Every now and then before the latest viruses I d get an email that seemed totally blank sometimes without a subject or address of the sender I never knew what that was unless email with attachment, only 1K? it was to verify I had a good email address and it wasn t going to come back as no good Not sure what the question s are in this- mainly if I was right to think an email with attachment icon that s only K is strange Carrie nbsp

A:email with attachment, only 1K?

I wouldn't worry about it, I've gotten several netsky viruses today, so I would guess that it's probably one also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-with-attachment-only-1k.206798/
Relevancy 32.68%

i can't open an .xls file attached to an email. have vista home basic.
i had no previous problems from the same sender.i download it and save or open just pops up but wont open. help.

Relevancy 32.68%

Constant attacks!! We all download various things from the Internet, some of us more than others, ha-ha. When downloading there are numerous "other" downloads wrapped into things that are not visible to the eye. But they are there!! My question to the brains out there...Is there anyway to keep the download intact that you actually want while finding what is attached to it and remove ONLY those things? When I view what is in the download the "others" are not there, they have landed elsewhere on the drive. I know they are there, I just can't find them.
Thanks!
(the term 'brains' is used with the utmost respect)

A:Attachment Attacks!!

Easiest way is to stay away from pr0n

Or...run an updated Antivirus and firewall, as well as an antispyware program or two. Spybot and AdAware are nice, and free. And don't run executables unless you are sure you know what they are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attachment-attacks.222738/
Relevancy 32.68%

My brother sent me an email with an attachment that is in a .docx format. I'm thinking that this a a "Word" file?
I do not have MS Word on my system. I tried Foxit Reader(latest version) as I use Thunderbird as my email client. I can't open the attachment.
Can someone please tell me how I can view this?

Thank you
honu1

A:.docx attachment

Try this:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/deta...;displaylang=en

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349839/docx-attachment/
Relevancy 32.68%

I?M RUNNING WIN. XP & I USE OUTLOOK EXP. EMAIL. WHEN I TRY TO OPEN AN ATTACHMENT XXX.PDF, I GET THIS NOTE: THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING THIS ACTION. CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDER OPTIONS CONTROL PANEL. IN FOLDER OPTIONS, FILE TYPES, PDF EXTENSIONS, PDF FILE TYPE, DETAILS FOR ?PDF? EXT. I HAVE, OPENS WITH: Adobe Reader (10). THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEE THE ATTACHMENT IS TO SAVE IT & THEN OPEN THE SAVED DOC. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO CORRECT THIS?

A:OE EMAIL ATTACHMENT.

I wouldn't type in caps, or people will ignore you. Did you try reinstalling adobe reader? I tested on my pc, and my default is acrobat, and it opens from attachment. Try to reinstall & see.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419114/oe-email-attachment/
Relevancy 32.68%

My pc knowledge is very basic but here goes I recieved a couple of genuine emails with attachments Inadvertantly I opened them jpg dodgy attachment as I was expecting them but dodgy jpg attachment they were images of things photographs we had viewed now I know what my husband looks at including ebay images company logos and other websites etc I went to look at it again and realised that my pc security had given me a warning that it was trying to open outside the trusted zone Since then If I try to attach photos to send to people it takes ages to attach them and then the file size is huge I didn t send them but if I try to open them I get the same warning so I assume it s trying to send the virus via my attachments More worryingly I tried to buy something but didn t get purchase confirmation until hours later Another purchase I got not confirmation at all and a third one there was a delay of around minutes they re normally instant I d be grateful if anyone could help me out Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dodgy-jpg-attachment.746122/
Relevancy 32.68%

My mom downloaded a file attached to an e-mail sent to her. The file name was all garbled and she did it anyway. *sigh* now there's a DOS box that won't close with the file name being "C:\DOCUME-1\Liz\LOCALS-1\TEMPOR-1\Content.IE5\CR23M5MT\122377-1.COM"

We are unable to open up any other programs (otherwise I'd be posting an HJT log from that PC) or shut down the computer or log her out of her user settings or anything. I'm hesitant to turn the PC off because it might not turn on again. Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks.

A:virus attachment

Close all of your browser windows. Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the View tab. Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Now click "Apply to all folders" Click "Apply" then "OK".

Navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Next navigate to the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator (Repeat for all user names)\Local Settings\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options. On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files".

Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK.
Empty your recycle bin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-attachment.593611/
Relevancy 32.68%

When I send an attachment in Outlook it used to show up under the subject line as ATTACHMENT: file.ext (MG)

Now it show up in the message area as an icon.

I want to change it back to the way it used to be.

Anyone know how to do this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-attachment.766344/
Relevancy 32.68%

The first problem is when I try and attach photos to an email receipent no new email msg is generated and nothing is attached

A:Attachment problem

Does your email work? Can you send yourself a email? By default
sending and recieving attachements is disabled, for your security,,,
Open outlook, go up top to tools, then options, then security, uncheck
the box for attachments..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/attachment-problem-370961.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I cant attach files in gmail and yahoo

A:PC attachment problem

Scan your computer for viruses and other malware... What Internet browser are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-attachment-problem.129510/
Relevancy 32.68%

Dell 8250- 60HD - WindowsXP Home - Outlook Express -
When I attach a picture file to an e-mail, upon pressing "SEND"
I get a message that the attachment is being deleted bec. it
has a virus... so, seems that I cannot attach a picture file to
an e-mail.... I am disappointed.... missfuffy asking for help

A:MS IntExpl attachment

I don't think thats what you are being told, actually.

Perhaps you are being told its because it may be able to carry a virus?

In Outlook Express, Tools - Options - Security - Untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-intexpl-attachment.203420/
Relevancy 32.68%

My son e-mailed me attachments in same e-mail It failed He left college for weeks with the Army Reserves so he can t send again I was able to go to his hotmail from my computer and retrieve them from his mailbox then I downloaded the attachments one at a time Downloading to my desktop is the only place they would go so I could open them he had enlarged them quite a bit before e-mailing I can click on them and see them on the screen but the problem I have now is I can t them to print out I have tried everything Printer works fine so that isn Printing attachment an t the problem In the lower box---It gets to the point where it shows you putting the paper Printing an attachment in and shows how much ink etc then doesn t print anything This is papers that I need to finish filling out and then fax to the Reserves about his tuition for college ASAP Is there any way it can be done I have Windows printer is a Epson I originally wanted tried put in a place where I can retrieve it from my Adobe so I could resize but couldn t do that nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

For some strange reason, I am unable to open any attachments that are sent to my email address. I always get this error message ( Internet explorer cannot download from ********* and then the IP address, Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later)....... Has anyone seen this before? It does not matter who sends me an attachment, I always get the same error message whenever I try to download it.

Relevancy 32.68%

I've used Gmail successfully since 2004 with few problems. However, just the other day I found that I can no longer add an attachment to an email I'm composing by clicking on the paperclip. The help doesn't indicate that there's been any recent change in how to add an attachment.

My browser is Chrome, if that matters.

A puzzle. Can anyone solve it for me?

A:Gmail: can't add an attachment

Hi. Kindly clarify what exactly happens/doesn't happen when you try to attach a file. Does the Open dialogue box launch when you click the paper clip icon; to let you locate and select the file to attach? Gmail supports drag and drop (except in the old/classic HTML UI for slower connections), so try dragging and dropping the file onto the compose window.

Does this happen on Chrome only? Try attaching files on Internet Explorer or Firefox (whichever other browser you have on your system), this will essentially tell if it's a problem tied to your Chrome installation (browser dependent) or not.

It would also be of great help to indicate the size and type of file you are trying to attach. All mail services have rules on the file types and size limits of attachments.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/gmail-cant-add-an-attachment-1041193.html
Relevancy 32.68%

i don't know much about computers;besides how to turn them on and off. i need a hijackthis log decifered for me. what am i supposed to keep or get rid of from the log?

A:hijackthis [ 1 attachment]

Hi bbqchick,Welcome to Bleeping Computer!My name is mpascal, and I will be helping you fix your problem.Before we begin, I would like give a few guidelines so that we can fix your problem as quickly and efficiently as possible:Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.Don't attach any logs unless asked. Posting them in the forums will make them easier to analyze.If you are unsure of how to reply, or need help with anything regarding the website, please look here.STEP 1 - Preparation GuidePlease follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide until you have reached step 6. You may stop once you have finished step 6 and continue with the instructions here.STEP 2 - MBAMNote: In the event that you already have MBAM installed, you do not need to reinstall it. Simply Updating it and doing a Quickscan is sufficient.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.44) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.STEP 3 - GMERPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332753/hijackthis-1-attachment/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hoepfully The Hijack This Info This Site Doesnt Explain How To Post The Log i POSTED ABOUT THE VIRUS ON MY COMPUTER AND NO ONE RESPONDED MAYBE WITH THIS I WILL GET SOME HELP PLEASE Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe This Attachment? Hijack C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Hijack This Attachment? system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Symantec Ghost ngserver exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Hijack This Attachment? Symantec Ghost bin dbserv exe C Program Files Symantec Ghost bin rteng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run HijackThis startup scan C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe startupscan O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce IE - rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSection NR IE en inf AfterUserStart User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User Default user O - Global Startup Google Updater lnk C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dll O - DPF B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - http www collarme com chat O - DPF E D - E- - FC- AB B C SpinTop DRM Control - file C Program Files Poker Superstars Images stg drm ocx O - DPF B B-AA - A-BBE - B C D HpProductDetection Class - http h www hp com ediags gmn install HPProductDetection cab O - DPF CC D -CC - C- - F DBAC A ArmHelper Control - file C Program File... Read more

Relevancy 32.68%

I wonder if anyone can help. I have been receiving emails without any problems but when I try to open some of the attachments, all I get is a page of gobble-de-**** nonesense.

Someone suggested that I save these emails as a 'eml' insted of a 'txt'.

I have no idea what this means and even less of an idea of how to do it.

Can anyone help?....

Ali

A:help with email attachment

What e-mail program are you using?
What are these attachments supposed to be? (You should never open an attachment with unknown contents!)
Who sent you these letters and what e-mail program did they use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-email-attachment.77805/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello Recently my mother sent an email to her friend containg two attachments both jpg files Later when she checked tge sent mail she noticed that a THIRD attachment was added on that she didn't Unexplained attachment attach herself we don't know hpw it got there and this one was a bunch of letters and numbers with the occasional dash in it It did say it was a png but we are unsure to open this attachment because it could possibly be called a png exe to fool us right We hardly ever use png as an extension which makes it ever more confusing Is this just a glitch or a virus that is attempting to send contacts malicous files Thank you for Unexplained attachment your time We are sure this is not a file on Unexplained attachment our computer we haven't searched yet but we never call images that and never download any images to our computer and save them Any help is welcome just make sure its helpful Thank you David

A:Unexplained attachment

Sorry for the double post, just want to say sorry for my spelling, its late here and I'm using a small iPod keyboard. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520858/unexplained-attachment/
Relevancy 32.68%

When I receive an Email attachment I click on attachment but I cannot open it. I get this:
"This file does not have a program associated with it to perform this action"
Does some one know how to open attachment?

Relevancy 32.68%

I received an AOL instant greeting from my sister-in law, but when I go to open it , it opens and close without ever seeing it...It says in the email that you need viewpoint media player to view it , something I don't have...Can I view it some other way...I tried to download viewpoint but I guess you need AOL...Hope someone can help.... Thanks, pks

A:email attachment

According to the FAQ here:http://www.viewpoint.com/pub/products/vmp.htmlYou should be able to download it.Like you need yet ANOTHER viewer, right? How typical of AOL to want people to add stuff to their hard drive.I should point out that some people have had problems uninstalling it, and that some sources consider it as spyware:http://www.tenebril.com/products/ghostsurf...p?id=2001221991On the other hand, it seems to be associated with Adobe Reader in some way, from a post in another forum that I checked; and Spybot and Ad-Aware do not, apparently, flag it.THe bottom line is that it is probably safe, but whether you wish to d/l it for a single use, is up to you.Cheers,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/8123/email-attachment/
Relevancy 32.68%

I received an e-mail with attachment. When I que the attachment I get an error message that says".................no slides". Previously I had installed PowerPoint because the error message was".............not in PowerPoint format. Any suggestion?

A:e-mail attachment

Were you told to expect a powerpoint attachment from your friend? if not, then I would be worried that the powerpoint file is not in the expected format ( since you say it says "...no slides". ) It could be a virus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-mail-attachment.941831/
Relevancy 32.68%

I belong to a message board at invisionfree.com, the problem is some of my friends have attached pics to their posts,, i can not see them on my computer all i see this

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

and no thumbnail,, i went into my daughters room and logged onto the website and could see the pics just fine on her computer,, what could be the problem that i can not see them?? we both have dell computers with windows XP any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

A:Attachment problem

By default outlook express has recieving of attachments turned off.
You may try going into outlook express, look up top, click on tools,
then options security, see if the attachment option is checked, if
so uncheck it.......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/attachment-problem-110025.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Running XP SP2
I cannot open attachment on some Emails. I get the following drop down. Will some one
help me with do what the drop down says?

Relevancy 32.68%

Had some quick questions about attachments. I've tried searching on google to find out how to find the amount ,in megs, of attachments in my exchange 2000 store. I need this to convince my supervisor that we need a attachment stripper. Also does anyone recommend an attachment stripping program. One that relocates the attachment out of the store and puts a pointer into the email? I did find some programs out there, but was hoping to get some feedback on what others use. Thanks.

Relevancy 32.68%

often I receive an e-mail with a supposed attachment...but when I select to open the attachment all I get is an empty square with a little red x in it...what is missing..
(I use XP and Firefox/Outlook Express..)

A:photo attachment

With OE open>tools>options and under "mail sending format" is HTML checked?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photo-attachment.892009/
Relevancy 32.68%

The other evening a friend with a farm holiday site where we attachment images Different regularly visit phoned to ask my help with a problem An acquaintance had sent her some photographs of a seaside holiday in an attachment However when my friend opened the attachment she found lots of different images portraying cameras clothes shoes - all sorts of different items nothing pornographic As it was a telephone conversation I obviously could not help much I suggested she run her anti-virus programme also her spyware software I believe all was well Her PC runs Windows and Internet Explorer I have no idea what software her acquaintance's PC runs Different attachment images I am not asking for a solution but the questions has this sort of thing ever happened to you Have you any idea what can have happened to bring about this odd situation Could it have been images of Google searches If so what happened to the seaside images She did say they had given their password to their Wireless connection to one couple who had stayed there and nearly used up all their monthly allocation of being on line They had watched a film or films I believe I have advised her not to do so again I have tried to Google answers but can't seem to phrase the correct question My apologies for all the vague details they are all I have I'm afraid If anyone is able to come up with a solution you deserve a laurel wreath My THANKS in advance Reena

A:Different attachment images

My solution would be simple...go to the source of the email...and find out what was done on that end.

I've not heard of something being properly sent...and not arriving as it was sent (as an attachment).

On the other hand...if not from the person thought to be from...then it would seem that someone's email password has become known to spammers.

The first step on my part would be to eliminate simple human error by sender.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502842/different-attachment-images/
Relevancy 32.68%

I received an email from a co-worker today. She sent an attachment that I was expecting and that should not have been infected. However, the attachment was removed by my McAfee saying that it was a suspicious attachment due to multiple extensions.

When she sent it the file extension was a normal .xls but McAfee the message told me it was .xls\1.OLE

This has also happened once before from another co-worker. I've checked both computer and none are infected.

What does it mean? How do I fix it?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suspicious-attachment-1-ole.737731/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all,
I am using outlook express to access email. lets call my email [email protected]. my colleague's email is [email protected] problem is every single attachment from [email protected] are gone. it has never been received, only the content pass trough.

it is going more weird since the problem only with [email protected]. there is not problem with other emails.

I have tried to play around with security setting in outlook express.
I unchecked "prevent email that potentially have viruses" but the problem still occur.

can anyone suggest a solution?
Thanks

A:missing attachment

Almost would have to be there to be sure - are the attachments there but blocked or just not there at all - no attachment listed in the header or, if you print out the email, none listed?
Frankly, if it is just one person, I would suspect they don't know how to attach things properly. Are you able to access their email and send yourself an email with an attachment (so that you can be certain there is one)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-attachment.737447/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am trying to figure out how to format my resume in Word so I can attach it to send with an email message. I am totally lost!!

How to format word documant for email attachment?
How to find word document to send with email?

I don't even know if I am posting this message correctly. Never took computer class, don't know what I am doing and DO NOT understand computer lingo, especially much of which is found within this site.

HELP!!!!

Hello ajm686, You should be able to do this pretty easily.. What OS do you use? Open your resume in Word. Click file>>send to>> there should be something there to click called mail recipient (as attachment). Here is a screenshot of what it looks like. Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? Just click the thumbnail

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/8059/email-attachment/
Relevancy 32.68%

Good evening,

I have been receiving multiple bsod. The first couple of times was while I was playing an mmo called Dragomon Hunter a few days ago. Then three times today while trying to download diablo 3 from battle net.

Initially I used BlueScreenView where it told me the two bsod had something to do with dxgmms2.sys and ntoskrnl.exe.
The three times today it had something to do with netio.sys and ntoskrnl.exe.

Attached you will find the results from DM Log Collector.

Thankyou for your time.

debug-NICHOLAS-12_10_2015_Thu_202008_34.zip

A:BSOD w/ Attachment

Hi Nikolos,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please update your Intel network driver
Driver Reference Table - e1i63x64.sys

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1i63x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1i63x64.sys
0: kd> lmvm e1i63x64
start end module name
fffff801`16e90000 fffff801`16f09000 e1i63x64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: e1i63x64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\e1i63x64.sys
Image name: e1i63x64.sys
Timestamp: Thu Mar 26 21:24:57 2015 (55146B19)
CheckSum: 00081A0A
ImageSize: 00079000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/33265-bsod-w-attachment.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Windows Live Mail, POP3 protocol account.

How does one know the size of attachment one can receive without jamming one's Inbox ?

Is it determined by the mail server or the individual computer ?
Does it matter if one uses a web-based mail account or a pop3 account ?

Thank you.

A:attachment size

Hi,

Your mail attachment limit is set by the Email provider i.e Gmail, Yahoo Hotmail etc. not your computer.

Try to follow the rule of Web mail 10MB or 25MB each file per message up to your mail box size limit.

What is maximum email attachment size [Gmail, Yahoo]

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/289078-attachment-size.html
Relevancy 32.68%

My client cannot send an email with Outlook Express if it contains more than one .jpg file and to certain addresses. If he changes the address to mine, then the email gets sent. We have not tried other addresses. Just the ones that he normally uses and are now failing. There is no error message; just a Warning title in the OE status box.

Using Windows XP Pro. I have just recently done a complete reinstall of his OS and applications.

I have tried turning off all of the security options in OE. For example, Do Not allow attachments to be saved or opened....; Block images and other external content...; and Break up images over 60Kb.

I have disabled the firewall.

A:Cannot email with more than one jpg attachment

How large are the jpeg's (in kylobytes)? Do you know if the ISP has a size limit on outgoing e-mails, or the recipient's ISP has one on incoming ones?

If it's actual number of attachments as opposed to size, in the interim, you could try zipping the jpeg's into a single archive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-email-with-more-than-one-jpg-attachment-385875.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Not able to download any attachment from my Internet Explorer. I get an error message - "Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try later"

A:Not able to download any attachment

Please provide the following info:
Version of IE (Internet Explorer)
Operating System
All your security programs (including firewall, anti-virus, anti-spayware, any extra security tools installed/used.)
What you have tried
What the problem is
Give detail explaining your problem
If you get any error message please post them
Post any screen shots if you think they would be helpful - How to post a screenshot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/not-able-to-download-any-attachment-541165.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Ok I have downloaded a screen capture program. It captures and puts it in MY Documents My Pictures. Now my question is how do I make it an attachment to a post like this one? Help please.

Relevancy 32.68%

I have a new computer withe vista and currently useing the free trial version of office 2007 that came with it. When trying to send a attachment in windows mial in any formatt I get a popup that says: can not send due to missing or can find some or all files. My wife is taking online classes and has to send her home work in a rich text formatt so that the instructor can open and read it. I have tried every formatt possible and still have the same problem, that it want send the attachment. Please some body help me.....

http://www.vistax64.com/software/143892-cannot-send-attachment.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm new. My name is Amy. My problem is that my desk top now has a background that is black with a message that reads " warning your in danger" and a message pops up from the lower right hand corner that reads "your computer is infected" I run spy-bot often and have never had this problem. Not very term. savy when it comes to computers. So if you have an answer please keep it simple.

Please help

A:Attachment to desktop

In addition to Spybot, you should also get these basic security programs:a? free - a complementary product to antivirus software which is specialized in protection against harmful software. Antivirus software often features an inadequate protection against Trojans, Dialers and Spyware. a? fills this gap.Ad-Aware - A good program similar to SpyBot S & D.SpywareBlaster - A good program that prevents spyware from being installed on your computer in the first place. This program is always running in the background, protecting your computer. It prevents the installation of bad active X controls found in web pages.SpywareGuard - A nice compliment to SpywareBlaster. This allows you the option to prevent downloads that contain bad active X controls.These programs, updated and used regularly, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...Download them, update them, and then run them.If that doesn't help, then:Read How to post a HijackThis Log. Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.Then, run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.NOTE:Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23568/attachment-to-desktop/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi

I cant open any attachments from hotmail i download them and click on them i get folder error corrupted etc but it did work before what could of changed ?

Ive tried using differnt file typed .exe .scr but non work

What i cant understand is i tried it on another computer the exact same file with Hotmail and it opened so what could of caused this ?
Thx

Relevancy 32.68%

Hello Since Tuesday September I m having some security issues on my Outlook When I opened Inbox there was an email with an attachment Next to the attachment was a red mark with ATTACHMENT INFECTION!? the following warning Be careful This sender failed our fraud detection ATTACHMENT INFECTION!? checks Show content I m still wondering if this show content link means show content of the attachment or show content of the warning message I didn t open it of course Also I didn t open the attachment There was three different links in the heading under my address which I think were referring to the attachment Download as a zip cv my name doc amp view online Now besides the above descriptions I remember very well after opening the message not the attachment I began to hear a very subtle noise indicating that the hdd is busy so I got more suspicious because my laptop has become silent due to a very recent hardware cleaning I m pretty sure this didn t happen after the cleaning but I began to hear it most of the time since the moment I opened the email everything else is working great and there is no any further indication of infection MBAM SAS Avast amp Eset scans were all clean Originally I posted about this problem in a different forum and was advised to post here hopefully will get solved because of your great help Original thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t infected-email-attachment-scan-remove-software NOTE Quotation from dds txt AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA Both programs has been removed AVG more than a year ago and MSE yesterday I also don t understand the so many explicit terms next to FF e g Regional Municipality of Peel Canada true DDS LOG DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Eigenaar at on - - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW Privatefirewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS System wudfhost exe C Program Files Privacyware Privatefirewall pfsvc exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System locator exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Privacyware Privatefirewall PFGUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcss C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k eapsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k dot svc C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO avast Online Security E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB avast Online Security E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - lt orphaned gt uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun ccleaner c program files ccleaner CCleaner exe AUTO mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe mRun WinPatrol c program files billp studios winpatrol winpatrol exe -expressboot mRun avast c program files avast software avast avastUI exe nogui mRun Privat... Read more

Relevancy 32.68%

Greetings all I have a really weird issue going on Not sure if this goes here since its about attachments dealing with an exchange server If it doesn t go here can someone please point me in the right direction I m in an Office setting where I need to send out reports constantly Everyone is using XP Professional So I set up access to send reports which come out as snp files Ive looked read troubleshooted and tried all fixes I could but OWA attachment 03 and Outlook to no avail Managers are set up on Outlook and the rest of the employees are on OWA Outlook Web Access If I send a snp to someone on OWA it says they MUST save the file to disk to open it Now Ive tried installing snapshot viewer and changing the registry Outlook 03 and OWA attachment for snp to application snapview I ve also went on exchange and changed the registry for OWA to accept all attachments on HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services MSExchangeWeb OWA What makes no sense to me is if someone on the OWA creates a message attaches a snp to it and sends it to someone else on OWA they CAN open it without saving The issue only happens when one of the Outlook users sends it out to OWA I ve tested it with many scenerios If someone with OWA forwards it to me and I forward it back it can be opened without saving But if an Outlook user is the originator of the snp attachment message it must be saved to the OWA users computer to open it Am I missing something obvioius I just can t accept the fact that this supposidely can t be worked around Any help will be GREATLY appreciated Wes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-03-and-owa-attachment.858297/
Relevancy 32.68%

Desparate Newbie here:

A Win 2K pc sends a Word XP attachment with Outlook XP to an address in a different company. Their pc is the same except that they use an Internal mailing system (Bloomberg). The .doc arrives as a .ms- which cannot be seen and when it is returned, the format is fixed to .ms-.

When the same atttachment is sent from my pc (same config as above) the client receives the attachments perfectly. Both using plain text. Works is not involved at any level and the only ref on microsoft.com is that it is an old Works issue. It is not a profile issue as the original sender can also send fine from my pc.

There is obviously something different on my pc, but I don't even know where to start looking beyond the obvious which I have done. Working on this for 10 days now. Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/doc-attachment-in-outlook-becomes-ms.72580/
Relevancy 32.68%

I can fax using Windows Fax and Scan or Dell PC Fax. However, when I attach a document, I receive an error message "the data is invalid and the fax fails. Help!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/206724-faxing-attachment.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Greetings,

Sometimes in outlook, I recieve an image attachment in TIF extention but I cannot open it. So, the solution for that is to go to the temp files folder and write:

AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook

You will find a folder there, just delete it. attachment will now open without any problem.

Question: why removing this folder solve the problem? what was wrong?

Please advise.

Karrar

http://www.vistax64.com/software/255860-outlook-attachment-tif.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Im trying to add my hijackthis log but when I try to attach it to my thread, the 404 error comes.. and yeah its a .txt and tried it on ie and firefox still a no go.. any help?

A:Wont let me add attachment?

see How to post your Hijackthis log-files as an attachment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wont-let-me-add-attachment.29796/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi Folks. I am getting a warning window in Outlook 2010 telling me that my attachment exceeds the maximum. Although this message doesn't always appear, several emails with 12mb attachments have not been delivered but no indication was given that they were not sent they simply didn't arrive. My Virgin maximum is 20mb. Any suggestions?

A:attachment size

Take a look at this: "Attachment size exceeds the allowable limit" error when you add a large attachment to an email message in Outlook 2010

Note that you should not exceed the limit that is set by your ISP (contact them to find what this limit is), and then set values accordingly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/246509-attachment-size.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Everything was working fine No problems problems and AVG Attachment Suddenly AVG free version would attempt to connect to update itself and the connect box would just sit AVG and Attachment problems there AVG and Attachment problems forever It seemed like it was unable to download the update I have DSL with a router and a lan Everything else works fine I uninstalled the program A few days later my old version of Eudora suddenly started giving AVG and Attachment problems me a problem When I click on the attachment link in an email I get a message saying windows is unable to find the attachment jpg and to make sure I typed it correctly I can find the attachment on the hard drive and open it from there no problem I tried winmail and the attachments work fine in there Norton was uninstalled long ago Turning off the firewall makes no difference Creating a new directory for attachments does not help When I look at the folders I see a colored in box for read only Not check marked but a colored box I clear it but the next time I look it is back I am not sure if that has anything to do with the problem I uninstalled Eudora and reinstalled it in a folder under C rather than in program files No difference

http://www.vistax64.com/software/141802-avg-attachment-problems.html
Relevancy 32.68%

On Windows XP a .pps attachment will open directly from the Outlook 2007 email because i have Powerpoint installed. On Windows 7 the .pps will not open directly from the attachment (with Powerpoint installed) received in the Hotmail account, so i have to open Powerpoint and then go to the attachment and it will open. Attachments show a message and how i`ve set it to open in Windows Media Player. Is there something else that should be set especially for Windows 7 to open .pps directly as it does on Windows XP. ?

A:Opening .pps attachment

why would you set a power point file to open with Windows Media Player? Thats like trying to open a movie clip with MS Word.

What you want to do is set to open with Power Point. If it doesn't give you the option to set it to Power Point or browse for a program, you need to save the file, then open it normally. If it won't open that way, you need to right click the file, click properties, and then change the default file association. Once again, it needs to be set to Power Point. Windows Media Player is only for movies, music, and pictures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/104065-opening-pps-attachment.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi!,

How come everytime I send a message (with no attachments) using microsoft outlook via YPOPs, the intended receiver gets an attachment: a small jpeg image (2kb) and nothing is in it?
My computer is clean. Can anybody lend assistance? Thanks.

Relevancy 32.68%

A reminder please

How does one incorporate a file attachment wih a post in this forum ?

regards

A:File attachment

you need to click "go advanced" at the bottom and then scroll down to "manage attachments" and go from there if there is another way im not aware of it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-attachment.667191/
Relevancy 32.68%

I cannot run or open an Excel document from an email attachment or from windows explorer. I can run any other document or application but not Excel.

When I attempt to open the Excel attachment from an email, I get an error
message "The system cannot find the file specified"

What can I do?

Relevancy 32.68%

Using XP Pro - go to start, programs, accessories, entertainment, sound recorder. I have used this sound recorder to record a message that I wish to email to a few people. After recording the message, I save it to my desktop. I then go to my email account and attach the file that I have saved to my desktop. The problem seems to be that what I am attaching is actually the address to my desktop and not the actual recording I am trying to send. In other words, what I am sending directs to "C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop". Anyway, I would really like to solve this problem and send the recording that I have been trying to do. All help appreciated. Thank you.

A:Attachment problems

How are you saving the file? Example are you doing "save as" XXXXX.wav and saving that file to your desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attachment-problems.427667/
Relevancy 32.68%

Help please,

I'm on windows 7 service pack 1.

I cant open any attachments sent via e-mail.
Once i have downloaded the attachment a prompt pops up to say " The command cannot be performed as the dialog box is open. Click ok and then close the open dialog box to continue.

I do this then a another box pops up saying "microsoft end user licence agreement". My options here are Print - agree - disagree.

i select agree then another box pops up saying "file conversion"!!! Here my attachment can be seen in gibberish.

Can someone please help me solve this problem.

Thanks in advance
Pam

A:Attachment problems

Hi Pam.

What are the attachments, are they images, PDF files, word documents, excel sheets etc.

Best, Crit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/attachment-problems-667988.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I send an email with two attachements (one .xls and the other .pdf) to over twenty recipitants, Two of these do not receive the attachment but instead have a load of gobble de gook in the email

Any Idea why only these two do not receive thas attachments

Thanks

A:Email attachment

Are they all "in-house" recipients? Some people/businesses block those extensions. Is everyone using Outlook? or are the clients mixed? Are they set to read HTML or RTF? Try changing the extension to .bbb on one of them and then have the recipient change it to .pdf that would tell you if the extension is being blocked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/email-attachment-355011.html
Relevancy 32.68%

does anyone know i can get the piture email attachments to work i n ICQ6, just getting small square box with red cross in. THANKS!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icq-6-email-attachment.719273/
Relevancy 32.68%

Windows Live Mail 2011:

I'm not sure if WLM is the culprit here, but what else?

After saving attachments from an email message, when I double-click the file to launch, I get the following warning:
If I simply double-click the attachment in the email itself, it launches without the warning.

I have Avast installed, but not the email scanner function.

I used to have this problem on XP with images downloaded from the web, but it turned out to be a Firefox scan thing. I do not currently have this problem with Firefox.

As I say, I don't know if it's a WLM problem or if something else is adding this security measure, but I need it gone!

Thanks!

A:WLM - attachment security

Try unchecking the box that says 'always ask'

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/171474-wlm-attachment-security.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi there gang I have a question about viruses & Trojans etc. Here Goes: I understand that opening emails is one of the most common ways allot of these viruses & Trojans enter our systems, but would it be safe to say if it has NO attachment then it could'nt carry a virus etc. Can anyone tell me if this is right or wrong please. I appreciate your replies.
I have plenty of safety measures on my PC, OE in "Restricted Zone" is just one, dont have OE configered to display the email automatically in preview panel window etc. otherwise it is open straight away doing its worst, some people still don't realise that one.

A:Emails if they have NO Attachment

here is a link to a site where they explain how a virus works http://www.howstuffworks.com/virus.htm

another usefull link http://www.trendmicro.com/ , I would suggest you subscribe to their newsletter, which will inform you about the latest news in virus world

In answer to your question is it safe to open a mail with no attachment, I think it's as safe as crossing the street.
There are virusses that attach themselves invisible.
Before getting paranoid, a good virusscanner is a must the same for keeping it up to date. I would recommend Norton Anti Virus Professional.

1 last link http://housecall.antivirus.com a reliable online virusscanner

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emails-if-they-have-no-attachment.94368/
Relevancy 32.68%

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the default settings for the various file type/opening program associations for E-mail attachments? I've searched here and at Microsoft. I'm running Win 98SE and Outlook Express/Incredimail. I was trying to fix a problem with one type of file not opening and screwed them all up!

Thanks,
Sara

Relevancy 32.68%

Every time I try to send an emai a weird attachment called "j.eml" is auto-attached. The file is downloaded to the C:\Users\Kier\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\78J9OCH5 folder.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537536/auto-attachment/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have'nt tried to send any attachments for quite a while, now I find out that my email programs lock up when I try. Outlook express and Thunderbird. As soon as I click on OK for the jpeg I want to send, it all locks up.
I've done sfc /scannow, adaware, ccleaner, and a virus scan and there is no difference.

Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks

A:Cannot Send Attachment

Do you have an antivirus that active scans email, like AVG? If so turn the scanner off and see if that solves your problem. If it does you may need to re-install or switch your AV program to another brand.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87966/cannot-send-attachment/
Relevancy 32.68%

I want to send an email with attachment in Outlook 2007 but I want to person in the CC to receive the email but not the attachment.

A:Not Sending Attachment to CC

Can NOT be done, it is all or none!
You need to send a separate email with NO attachment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-sending-attachment-to-cc.877937/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am having trouble opening attachments sent to my home computer. I am able to open the same attachment when I am at work with no problem. The problem exist only when I am here at home. This is the error message that I recieve. (Internet Explorer cannot download...a7fc446983ff06b7e30f8efdace18 from whatever IP address. Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later) No matter what size file it is or where it is coming from. I always get this same message. However I can go to work and download the very same file from there with no problem. Any ideas on what this could be?

Relevancy 32.68%

Hello everyone, I noticed in my last post that Brink had to fix my attached image. The last thing i want to do is take away his or any other mods time to fix my mistakes. So how do i correctly attach a image? Thanks

A:Attachment question

There is a section at the end of the following tutorial that shows you how

How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/201150-attachment-question.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I am running Windows 2000 and using OE6 email client. I sent an email to a friend today and she wrote back saying that the message I'd sent her had an attachment named:

Certification_.txt (265B)

I did not attach anything to the message I sent her. Is this some sort of virus? I regularly do spyware, adware, virus scans, etc. It's weird that this is happening. I searched this attachment name on Google and found nothing that would suggest this is anything bad, but still it shouldn't be attaching itself to emails I send. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Susan

What antivirus and version are you running ? I seem to remember some old version of an antivirus adds stuff to outgoing emails saying that the email is certified clean.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-attachment.920520/
Relevancy 32.68%

Scanned a document, Windows XP Pro > Accessories > Scanner and Camera Wizard, created a .jpg. Attached that .jpg to an Outlook email and Sent. When opened the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer showed the attached .jpg and lots of internet pictures. How can this be prevented?

A:.jpg attachment snafu

Change your default image viewer OR save the attachment to a folder on your hard drive before viewing.

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer by default will show all the images in the current folder, which in this case is the Temporary Internet Files. Deleting your TIF files and checking "Delete all Offline Content" before opening your email will also prevent this.

moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jpg-attachment-snafu.691953/
Relevancy 32.68%

when sending an e-mail with attachements on G-mail, I click on attach files icon and it takes me to "my documents" . from there I would find the appropriate folder and document that I wish to e-mail..
That's all find and dandy. Now I want to attach another file, so I click on the "files icon" and it takes me back to "my documents"...
Normally when I click on "file icon" it would take me back to the last folder from which I made an attachment which is what I would like..
Is there any way to fix this ?

A:E-mail attachment

I am not aware of a solution, but a possible workaround could be creating shortcuts in the my documents folder pointing to common locations of the files you wish to attach. Opening the shortcut from the file window will go to the location.

You may wish to send gmail a feature request for the last location:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=suggestions.cs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-mail-attachment.922106/
Relevancy 32.25%

Is this the right place to ask questions about hotmail issues?

When I type a new email, the options to insert attachments, office docs, photos etc is greyed out, meaning I cant attach anything.

What do I need to do please?

A:Hotmail attachment problems

What email client are you using, or are you on the webpage when this happens?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/140499-hotmail-attachment-problems.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi All,
In IE9 or IE11, when I try to download a .zip file it downloads fine but is not getting recognized by WinRAR. There is no extension and Windows doesn't know what to do with this. The same file gets downloaded fine and is recognized if downloaded from Chrome
or Firefox.
I want to know what settings in IE(if any) might be causing this?
It is important there are many systems on IE and can't immediately shift to any alternate browser.

When downloaded from Firefox this file recognizes its original extension;
The same file when downloaded from IE 11 doesn't recognize its Extension. 
The same behavior occurs for any file downloaded from any source.

Please advise.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c6f7d8d-798a-47ec-9490-45591d524980/zip-attachment-fails-to-download?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 32.25%

A Co-worker sent me a file attachement on excel and opened it and made some changes, now I don't know where the edited file is. And I haven't saved it yet.
Does anybody know where attachments that are opened only go. Does it go to a temporary folder when I start to edit the file?
Thank you for your help.

A:Lost Outlook Attachment

On XP, look in Douments & Settings > (Your Name) > Local Settings > Temporary Internet Files > OLK . . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-outlook-attachment.306401/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello ,I want to post an attachment but I do not find the attachment options.Why ?Pls adviceMeir

A:I do not find attachment menu

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.If you are unable to attach the logs then please post them. In case you don't have everything below is what I need from you.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334544/i-do-not-find-attachment-menu/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I think I got a virus today from an email attachment I searched your site and found that you request the combofix log I downloaded from attachment Virus email combofix and ran it Here is the log ComboFix - - - Karen Hein - x Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running from c documents and settings Karen Hein Desktop ComboFix exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - ------w- c windows system dllcache Virus from email attachment mfc dll - - - - ------w- c windows system dllcache mfc u dll - - - - ------w- c windows system dllcache mfc dll - - - - ------w- c windows system dllcache comctl dll Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers avgfwdx sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system avgfwdx dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mfc u dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mfc dll - - Virus from email attachment - - ----a-w- c windows system mfc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mfc u dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wininet dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system inetcpl cpl - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ieencode dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system corpol dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system html iec - - - - ----a-w- c windows system atmfd dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system t embed dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system srvsvc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers srv sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system xpsp res dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system comctl dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system spoolsv exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system rpcrt dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files spybotsd exe Virus from email attachment - - - - ----a-w- c program files Full exe Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot NvCplDaemon quot quot c windows System NvCpl dll quot - - quot nwiz quot quot nwiz exe quot - - quot BCMSMMSG quot quot BCMSMMSG exe quot - - quot SynTPLpr quot quot c program files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe quot - - quot SynTPEnh quot quot c program files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot - - quot DVDSentry quot quot c windows System DSentry exe quot - - quot vptray quot quot c progra SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe quot - - quot iamapp quot quot c progra SYMANT SYMANT IAMAPP EXE quot - - quot hpfsched quot quot c windows hpfsched exe quot - - quot BluetoothAuthenticationAgent quot quot bthprops cpl quot - - quot Adobe Version Cue CS quot quot c program files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS ControlPanel VersionCueCS Tray exe quot - - quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot c program files Java jre bin jusched exe quot - - quot e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c quot quot c program files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe quot - - quot QuickTime Task quot quot c program files QuickTime qttask exe quot - - quot iTunesHelper quot quot c program files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot - - c documents and settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup hp psc series lnk - c program files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe - - hpoddt exe lnk - c program files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe - - Wireless Connection Manager lnk - c program files eHome Wireless G EH wirelesscm exe - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft security center quot AntiVirusOverride quot dword quot FirewallOverride quot dword HKLM services sharedaccess parameters firewallpolicy standardprofile quot EnableFirewall quot x HKLM services sharedaccess parameters firewallpolicy standardprofile AuthorizedApplications List quot c Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS bin VersionCueCS exe quot quot c WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot c WINDOWS system sessmgr exe quot quot c Program Files NetMeeting conf exe quot quot c Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot c Documents and Settings Karen Hein Desktop ws ftp exe quot quot c Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe quot quot c Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe quot quot c Program ... Read more

A:Virus from email attachment

I also ran hijackthis - here is the log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 6:46:11 PM, on 10/22/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.17091)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~2\IAMAPP.EXE
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec Client Firewall\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\ControlPanel\VersionCueCS2Tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpohmr08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\eHome\Wireless G EH101\wirelesscm.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec Client Firewall\SymPxSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec Client Firewall\NISSERV.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec Client Firewall\ATRACK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus.../*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/ymsgr6/*http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-from-email-attachment.957931/
Relevancy 32.25%

Any idea where I can find the oppropiate update for below mentioned driver Or is there another solution Thanks Warnings Error Symptom Device cannot start Cause A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from starting properly Details The device Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter cannot start properly It may not have the correct driver installed or may be experiencing a hardware failure The Plug and Play ID for this device is Resolution Verify the correct driver is installed Try updating the drivers using Windows Update Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager Related Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager Manage Devices in Windows -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Symptom Device cannot start Cause A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from starting properly Details The device Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter cannot start properly It may not have the correct driver installed or may be experiencing a hardware failure The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT TUNMP Resolution Verify the correct driver is installed Try updating the drivers using Windows Update Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager Related Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager Manage Devices in Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ms-tun-miniport-adapter-see-attachment-336277.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok, here is another one. I'm going to get this old machine working yet!

I am using windows 98 upgrade from 95. It is an old Pentitum 166. I have microsoft Outlook 2000 installed. I am able to send and recieve mail messages, but as soon as I try to forward a message OR try to put on an attachment, it will just sit there and roll and roll away without sending it. I have left it for hours without success.

Have any suggestions?

Jer_Fin

A:email attachment failure

One thing to try, in control Panel, Add remove programs, choose to remove IE, then select Repair, that might get you back up and running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-attachment-failure.35348/
Relevancy 32.25%

...that downloads as "Find" rather than "Open"

These are becoming more common. How do I open them with Windows XP on my acer Aspire 3004WLMi??

Thanks for all help. Roger

Relevancy 32.25%

I am using outlook 2000sr2 on windows NT 4.

I am getting a variety of message boxes when I open files. Either: "<file
name> is being used by <user>. Do you want to make a copy? (email
attachments and Word files) or "A document with the name <x> is already open.
You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are
in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document
that's currently open, or rename one of the documents." (Excel files).

This only occurs when I open the documents directly from email or My
computer. I don't have a problem when I open a file through Word, Excel, etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-attachment-within-outlook.347169/
Relevancy 32.25%

According to my server, the total size of an email message, including headers, text, formatting, and file attachments, cannot exceed 15 MB.

I had to send files today that totaled 11.4 MB, but the reported size was over 15 MB. In WLM, do headers, text (only about 25 words) and formatting really add 4+ MB to a message size?

Does WLM itself have a limit on email message attachment size or total size? And can any of this be customized?

Thanks.

A:WLM message, attachment size

I have the updated WLM 2011, so may be a bit different; same in principle.
Acccounts
Properties
Advanced
Break apart messages

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/120472-wlm-message-attachment-size.html