Windows Support Forum

IE Keeps Prompting for Flash Install!!!

Q: IE Keeps Prompting for Flash Install!!!

IE 9, 64-bit won't display flash objects on web pages, prompts me to install Flash Player, which I have done now A DOZEN TIMES... Most times now when I click on <Install Flash> it does NOTHING, and I am left without the ability to properly view flash objects on the web. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING and how can I fix it?

Thanks for any and all advice. Running WIndows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IE Keeps Prompting for Flash Install!!!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: IE Keeps Prompting for Flash Install!!!

Well IE-64 needs a special version of Flash for 64 bit. You should go to adobes website and look for it dirctly.

But also, if you have active X filtering on by default on the internet zone (which you should), you will also get this message. So in that case click the little blue circle with a slash to the right of the URL window and turn off active X filtering for that page...

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/180411-ie-keeps-prompting-flash-install.html
Relevancy 79.55%
Relevancy 64.5%

Just about every time I click a link, or go to a new page, W7 prompts me to "allow adobe flash player installer". I click yes everytime but it will pop up again when i refresh or go to a new page. Is there any way to get this to stop?

A:W7 prompting me to allow adobe flash

You could try installing Flash?

seriously though, I'm going to assume that you don't want flash on your system for some reason. Thats fair enough. The reason you are being asked is because the websites you are visiting contain Flash Content what browser do you use?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/91377-w7-prompting-me-allow-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure whether this is the correct place to post this (I'm new here). Sorry if it's the wrong place!

So my problem is I am running a laptop on windows XP. Every time I start up the computer, it prompts me to install device drivers (HID-compliant devices and stuff). The weird part is, I've already installed those drivers when I first got the computer. I've learned to just press cancel every time those prompts pop up, but I'm wondering if I'm able to stop them from popping up every single time I start the computer. I'm also curious as to why it's doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel core 2 duo
RAM: 2GB DDR3 RAM
Brand: Lenovo R500
Graphics: Intel R 4 series express chipset family (on-board)

A:Drivers always prompting to re-install (windows XP)

I'm far from an expert, but why not let them install to see if it quits prompting you? If all else fails, you can roll them back. After all, they could be "updated drivers". Just my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drivers-always-prompting-to-re-install-windows-xp.196822/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm staying on IE 8 because of IE 9's lack of a search box. The problem I'm having is that every time I bring up my machine, I get a Windows Update message informing me that I have a critical update to install - the update is IE 9. Each day I uncheck the selection and don't install IE 9. How do I get Windows Update to stop prompting me to install IE 9. Thanks.

A:How do I get Windows Update to stop prompting me to install IE9 ?

egertz

Here you go.> Windows Update - Hide or Restore Hidden Updates

Step by step instructions with pictures.
If you decide to install IE9 later you just restore.

Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/176569-how-do-i-get-windows-update-stop-prompting-me-install-ie9.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Dear All Man do I love Tech Support Guy What a great service On to my Java Me To Keeps Plug-In Prompting Installed, Again! Install Have Latest question The Java plug-in I believe for Chrome keeps prompting me to download the latest version The problem is that almost each time I do so it is the version I already have installed Over time this has become a first-class hassle What s going on here Suggestions Even if I reinstall the prompting continues on a weekly or bi-monthly basis Thanks and Happy Holidays - LR Tech Support Guy System Have Latest Java Plug-In Installed, Keeps Prompting Me To Install Again! Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Mobile M AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Have Latest Java Plug-In Installed, Keeps Prompting Me To Install Again! Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus System Shield Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Have Latest Java Plug-In Installed, Keeps Prompting Me To Install Again!

Please run this scan and post the log:

Download Security Check by screen317 from Here or Here.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe (Vista or Windows 7 users right click and select "Run as Administrator") and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. Press any key when asked.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please Copy & Paste the contents of that document into your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-latest-java-plug-in-installed-keeps-prompting-me-to-install-again.1078898/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all I head to installed install Windows update prompting to already updates [SOLVED] this section on advise by a Moderator from the Virus trojan Spyware Help section After cleaning the machine from a rootkit I have this issue I removed and then reinstalled SP twice and after downoading the updates now my [SOLVED] Windows update prompting to install updates already installed pc prompts me to install updates that appear to be already in the system The last update haunting me is KB before it was KB After every reboot I have the yellow update icon on the toolbar down on the left close to the clock If start the installation procedure it ends telling me it is impossible to install I tried to download it directly from Microsoft download center and the result is an installation error quot update cannot be installed as a newer or same timezone has already been installed on the System quot If I search the system I find the update in these directories C Windows System CatRoot F E C - EE- D - E - C FC EE C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download be e e f a d d e e update C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download old be e e f a d d e e update C Windows Prefetch Please note that the system now appears to be cleared from malware

A:[SOLVED] Windows update prompting to install updates already installed

Go to Control Panel/Date and Time make sure that your computer is in the Right time zone for your area, and the check box for automatically update for Daylight Savings time is checked. Then go to the Internet Time tab and update your time to the current time. then you can try the Update again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-update-prompting-to-install-updates-already-installed-635744.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a right now systems on order New HP Compaq Elite Microtower PCs The first thing though is getting the USB install flash to run correctly I can get it to boot but it doesn't see the install files cause it doesn't read that it is in Flash install install going USB3 Have flash. to existing and to a USB port once it is booted Have existing install Flash and going to install to USB3 flash. up I was hoping to find or at least be pointed to a thread that explains the process of slipping drivers into an existing flash install drive Basically I would like to do this for all the different USB drivers I come across here at work It makes my job much easier to add updates and have all the drivers I need right in one place then I can redo systems very quickly if there isn't a current image on hand for the system in question It would be great if there is a tool that does it but if I could be pointed to a nice guide that does it step by step would be nice too The second I would like to do is install from flash to another usb flash drive so that I have a diagnostic USB flash Fast boot and such whats not to like It doesn't have to be from the flash install to the universal diagnostic flash but that would be nice to know how to do The big thing is to get Windows bit Enterprise booting and running on any machine that has USB as well as USB isn't a problem but USB is Again though a tool would be great but a step by step guild would work well too I searched through the forums and I didn't want to do any necromancy on old dead threads for questions I have

A:Have existing install Flash and going to install to USB3 flash.

Anybody out there? So far What I have tried doesn't seem to work. I have been trying RT7 Lite and getting the USB 3 drivers added that way but so far I'm not having any luck. I suppose I could start from scratch instead of taking an existing ISO that has had mods done to it. Just how do I install the USB 3 drivers to the boot part of the flash installer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/243835-have-existing-install-flash-going-install-usb3-flash.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi was in the middle of browsing last night and got hit with this virus a screen popped up and said my computer was infected and to scan my drives anti-virus fake "Worm.Win32.Netsky" software.. to install me virus prompting at the same time it shut down chrome and my ad-aware watch popped up and said started a live scan I let ad-aware finish restarted my computer and I got the same fake antivirus pop ups as before ad-aware started again in the background I let it finish again and restarted again and the same process happened this is the popup I get after I restart it also turns my desktop white after I click OK I stopped the scan and tried to open chrome firefox IE nothing works sometimes they won't even open and virus prompting me to install fake anti-virus software.. "Worm.Win32.Netsky" a popup will say that the file is infected and sometimes it will open but will not display any websites the browser just remains white or gives me a quot this virus prompting me to install fake anti-virus software.. "Worm.Win32.Netsky" webpage cannot be displayed quot general error I tried to open add remove programs and nothing shows up the window opens but I do not get a list of programs the area is just white I was able to save GMER and DDS to a flash drive and ran them from the desktop during my GMER scan I had periodic popups saying my files were infected and that a scan would begin which of course it didn't eventually the pop ups stopped but all browsers still don't work also regarding the GMER scan I have two hard drives C and F not partitioned actual drives I unchecked F and left C checked while the main drive is C most of my actual files are on the F drive don't know if you need to know that but thought I should mention it DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by kelsey at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs SVCHOST EXE SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS system basfipm exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise vstskmgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI AA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McScript InUse exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-AwareAdmin exe C Documents and Settings kelsey Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp twitter com uDefault Page URL hxxp www dell com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon Userinit c windows system winlogon exe BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO D FF B -D - D -BC - DCB BE - No File BHO d ff - f - -b a - f fa b - c windows system yayvWpmM dll BHO C D - DE- E- C - B AF - No File BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll BHO B - E B- CB- E - D FC - No File BHO de cf - b - a - - bbb aee - c windows system urqrPGwT dll TB FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe ... Read more

A:virus prompting me to install fake anti-virus software.. "Worm.Win32.Netsky"

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please see this >> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ee_disable.gif

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-prompting-me-to-install-fake-anti-virus-software-worm-win32-netsky-456467.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone I've built a brand new PC and decided that I would like 'Windows Flash install install required cannot SSD files' on to disk to install windows bit on my SSD I 'Windows cannot install required files' on Flash disk install to SSD got a disk key from my university before christmas so that'd i'd be ready once i'd built it I built the PC yesterday and realised that I'd left my external DVD drive at my university accommodation I'm at my parents house for christmas break so that's a few weeks left I can't really wait that long so I used my parents laptop which I'm posting from now to turn the disk into an iso and use the microsoft USB utility to make a USB stick that i could install from However when I tried the install gets to 'installing features' and gives 'windows cannot install required files' error code x I looked the code up on google which sent me to a lot of threads here so far I've tried Taking all but stick of ram out and the graphics card Reseting the bios to default Installing again without rebooting after error using cmd to select the right partition Nothing has worked please help me I'm losing my mind

A:'Windows cannot install required files' on Flash disk install to SSD

Hi,

Just to clarify, are you having trouble getting the ISO onto the USB drive? Im not sure whether that is your issue, or the installation from the USB. What size is the USB drive?

Can you have a look at this tutorial?

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/134921-windows-cannot-install-required-files-flash-disk-install-ssd.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Good afternoon I have a custom system with -bit Win Home Premium OEM upgrade from Win XP Gigabyte -P DS with Q CPU GHz Award BIOS F GB RAM PCI-E GS NVIDIA card GB SATA Hard Drive Norton Security Suite Office Just recently did the BIOS Processor and OS upgrade so not much on after BSOD Java Custom and install install PC Flash the system yet at all--just Productivity not for gaming I went through each component and checked for Custom PC BSOD after Java install and Flash install newer drivers and I ran CHKDSK as well In trying to get some other things working I ran into BSODs that could not be fixed without Restoring to a previous point The first was after trying to install some new Java-based Live Meeting program then a few days later it happened Custom PC BSOD after Java install and Flash install after installing Flash Player not AIR I have attached the files generated after the most recent BSOD I would appreciate any guidance on what might be contributing to the problem I had installed Camtasia before one of the Restores and am hoping to install again but am holding off for now until I am comfortable not having to go through Restore again Thanks fpnole

A:Custom PC BSOD after Java install and Flash install

Hello and welcome fpnole I have to say I ma not much good with those files but knowing the problems that can happen with Java maybe you should run some security scans starting with these for starters.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

ADW download from bleepingcomputer - delete any rubbish found with themalware scans

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316569-custom-pc-bsod-after-java-install-flash-install.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Help. I can't fix this issue. Tryin to install win7 to a fair array. I disabled qll my SATA controllers except the array

A:cd driver missing during install. using flash drive to install

bump and ill try to explain the situation litte bit better.

I have a raid 0 array with 2 ssd's on ich10 controler. I also have 2 other sata controllers and 1 other sata3 controller. *gigabyte. jmicron and marvell for sata 3

I installed win7 iso to external usb flash drive with the guide given on this forum. everything works fine but when i get to win install it says cd/dvd drivers are missing. I also have a sata dvd drive on the gigabyte controller. I heard here that i should put my controllers to ahci instead of ide. I tried that, didnt work. i also disabled all my controllers expect for the raid array, still same error

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/159570-cd-driver-missing-during-install-using-flash-drive-install.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone.

I am hoping someone can help me with this. I had to restore my computer to the factory settings and I've already downloaded all the updates except I'm having a lot of trouble with Adobe Flash. Every time I try to install it gives me the SAVE option, I save it to my desktop or my download folder but when I try to run the exe it disappears. I've tried 4 different browsers in case it's not downloading it properly but it does the same. I tried to install it with my firewall and anti virus off and the same thing happens.

I'm not computer literate at all so those are the only things I sort of know how to do.

I can't watch videos online or do anything that requires that darn program and it's rather frustrating!

I have Windows XP.

A:Cannot install Adobe Flash - disappears/won't install

hi, see if the attached helps:
Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows
if nothing else works, search google for the manual download from the adobe ftp site.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-install-adobe-flash-disappears-wont-install-605300.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys, every time I try to open a program, I get the box that prompts what would you like to open the program with. Only things like Recycle bin or my documents open normally, everything else starts a prompt. Like every time I open internet explorer, it asks what I want to open it with...

Please help, thanks in advance.

A:Keeps prompting...

Try this:

Default Programs - Associate a File Type or Protocol
edit:
Scroll down about 65% into the thread. Brink posted a separate .reg file to fix .exe files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/71004-keeps-prompting.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have recently removed a bunch of maleware and adware from a labtop I recently obtained from my Grandmother's passing.  The computer works fine now except for one small issue I can not seem to fix.  Every two or three minutes the computer prompts me for a missing DLL file that I'm sure was from some of the maleware that was removed.  Here's the error message:  There was a problem starting C:\Users\BETTYK~1\AppData\ARCADE~1\AgHelp.dll  The specified module could not be found.   I believe it was from the removal of ArcadeGiant but I'm not nearly as knowledgable as some of the people on this forum.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have removed some things from the registry but haven't messed with it greatly because of the fact that I don't know a lot about registry editing. So again thanks for any help.
-cutter

A:Computer keeps prompting me :(

Hello, and Welcome

Download Autoruns and do a search for aghelp.dll and remove it by highlighting the entry and clicking the read X in the menu bar.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559684/computer-keeps-prompting-me/
Relevancy 41.71%

Good evening guys. For several weeks my pc has kept prompting me to run the Windows updates (yellow shield icon with exclamation mark in the system tray). Even if I run it , and it says succesfull, the prompt appears again.
The most annoying thing that keeps running however is msiexec , which then grinds my pc to a halt.

I have had my pc checked for viruses by one of the bleeping guru's , see http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic373295.html

I am on Windows Xp SP 3

If I go to the control panel , then the current Security update XP shows as KB2419632 for ie 8 kb2416400

Appreciate any help .

A:Keeps prompting for updates

Have you tried installing the updates Manually?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375479/keeps-prompting-for-updates/
Relevancy 41.28%

i have installed my hp printers and it keeps prompting to install them again, and says it cannot continue with setup? i know that there is a bug somewhere in windows, and there is a way to fix it but i can't remember how to do it? any suggestions? thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keeps-prompting-for-installation-of-printer.645236/
Relevancy 41.28%

Checking out a XP Home PC with some issues.
I don't have background on any updates or reinstalls (- has SP1)
I am in the process of updating to SP2, running AVG and Spyware checkers.

(Main: Issues appears to be with loading new or uninstalling programs - I'm getting the "Wise Uninstal" dialog window - "Could not find uninstall.log file - specific: Trying to uninstall bearshare using add/ remove progams gives this error)

My issue here:
Tried to run the sfc / Scannow on a (legit) XP home pc. It prompts me for an XP Pro cd.
Customer provided me with their xp home cd, lic on computer matches disc and I've run Belarc advisor to verify OS and lic. all seems fine.

Unable to go forward with the system file checker.

Looking for assistance / direction.

Relevancy 41.28%

I have searched but can not find an answer to this.

I have a local account setup. Sometimes after reboot i get prompted for an email address instead of the local computer login.

I have went so far as to unhook the ethernet cable and disable wireless, and it still ask's for an email address.

What is going on?

If I hold the shift key down after restarting, it will go to a local computer login.

A:Windows 8.1 prompting for an email log in ...

How to switch your Windows 8.1 log-in to a local account

http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-switch-your-windows-8-1-log-in-to-a-local-account/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563778/windows-81-prompting-for-an-email-log-in/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a computer that no matter what network i try to connect to (with a password), it never asks me to put in a password after clicking the connect button. I have several other laptops that work just fine and this happens at multiple locations so it's not an issue from the router.

I have scanned for malware using MalwareBytes and Combofix which both came up with nothing besides adware, reinstalled the wireless network driver from Compaq/HP, and deleted all current profiles. Attempted to add the wireless network manually doesn't work either. After clicking the Add button, nothing happens or comes up on the screen.

Anyone have ideas on how to get the Windows Zero Configuration to work again?

A:Zero Configuration not prompting for password

Try this:

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/238958-zero-configuration-not-prompting-password.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey allI hav a problemI am constantly asked for Admin For Prompting Account Keeps adminlevel restrictions when I use my Computer I ran all the programs asked and here is the HJT logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System Keeps Prompting For Admin Account smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Cain Abel exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exec Keeps Prompting For Admin Account PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC Program Files Process Lasso processgovernor exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exeC Program Files Process Lasso ProcessSupervisor exeC Program Files Executor Executor exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOFFICE EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptcl dllO - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dllO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run WinVNC quot C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe quot -servicehelperO - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run ProcessGovernor C Program Files Process Lasso processgovernor exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run ProcessSupervisorGUI C Program Files Process Lasso ProcessSupervisor exe trayO - HKCU Run Executor quot C Program Files Executor Executor exe quot -sO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer ... Read more

A:Keeps Prompting For Admin Account

Hi powerjuice,

You still having problems?
If so -- post a fresh hijackthis log here please.

Questions:

Did you install Cain/Abel?

This program gives me mixed results when I research:
C:\Program Files\Executor\Executor.exe

Do you know what it is?

----------------

If you still get those admin prompts --
Can you tell me exactly what the prompt window says?

How to:
Next time you get one of those prompts make sure that prompt window has "focus" then press "Ctrl+C" on the keyboard.
Open notepad, right click inside open notepad window then hit "paste"
Doing that copies the contents of the message.

Save that notepad file someplace you will remember.
Post its contents here.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139004/keeps-prompting-for-admin-account/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I am having trouble recently with IE closing for so apparent reason to me anyway It seems to do it more so when I have Google's Gmail prompting [SOLVED] IE closes without account open and even though I may have or other browser winows open Gmail is the only thing that I can remember that it closes I have done the steps before posting although I had to reset the security settings to default because I had a URL that I needed that uses WindowsX and that was the only way I could make it open I have also scaned with Spybot SpyBlaster SpySseeper AVG free and Ad Aware HERE IS MY SYSTEM INFO OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name OWNER- AA C System Manufacturer Gateway System Model S System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Intel Corp AG J A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware [SOLVED] IE closes without prompting Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name OWNER- AA C Owner Time Zone Central Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Here is my Hijack thjis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files a-squared free a [SOLVED] IE closes without prompting service exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO IE PopupBlocker Class - EC B - B- -B - A C F - C Program Files BellSouth Accelerator Technology prpl IePopupBlocker dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLL O ... Read more

A:[SOLVED] IE closes without prompting

I can't find your reply and instructions you posted, but I followed them and it apparently worked. Since then IE has not closed again without instructions to do so.
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-ie-closes-without-prompting-294131.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I have a Dell laptop running Win XP home edition i have been using it pretty much constantly since i bought it 6 months ago from Dell ,today when i turned it on it prompted
me for a password.I have never had a password on either computer. I tried going the safe mode route but same problem. I know you guys cant give out password cracking tips but is there a virus doing the rounds or has anyone heard anything like this before?I have full firewall and virus (AVG)protection and it was pdated this morning, just before i switched it off,
regards,
Sean.

Relevancy 41.28%

I just recently got back from college and fired up my computer that i havent used since about christmas, but by no means is obsolete or anything, has all the service pack updates and such. I've noticed that certain sites now prompt me everytime a script trys to run or an active x related software is being used. This may be minor, but i dont remember it happening before, is there anyway to change this to an automatic setting or something cimilar so for example when i log into this site i dont have to allow about 8 scripts each time i change the page? The message is typically, "scripts are usually safe, do you want to allow them?" A script error message also appears when i open outlook which i dont remember happening either

Thank You

A:Issue with Script prompting

I would suggest checking your settings in your browser. In Internet Explorer, go to

Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level

Scroll down a little, and check your settings for scripts. You can disable prompts for scripts in there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issue-with-script-prompting-159374.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there

We have this Windows 10 machine. On this machine, we have a multiple profiles about 6 of them running on this Outlook 2007.

On particular profile, the user kept prompting username and password even though we ticked the password.

What we have done so far for troubleshooting:

1. Delete the profile and recreate again - did few times and still the same.
2. Repair the Office - still the same

Please note that this particular email account is a Exchange Server connection.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/63599-outlook-2007-keeps-prompting.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,
 Windows 7 Pro 64
I have Full Admin Rights
Some programs I use always prompt when I try to run them. The message varies slightly but the operative phrase is similar.
" Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?"

Now I use these programs regularly so I trust them. Is it possible to disable the prompting for these particular programs without completely turning UAC off. Seems like having it off would be way less secure than being able to selectively preapproving trusted
programs.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8d8e10ec-f438-41b3-aef7-c260fc20efbd/approving-programs-to-run-without-prompting-uac?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello folks. I am having an issue with one of my PCs - it has just started to spontaineously open Windows Help Dialog Boxes. I had 24 open at one time! Everytime I tried to type an address into the browser, it would open a help box when I click on the address field. Sometimes they just appear without prompting. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Have any suggestions? It gets crazy when all of a sudden they start multiplying!

I have run a registry repair and Microsoft anti-spyware scans and found nothing. I am using EZ Antivirus as well. I have run HijackThis and have the file if needed.

Thanks, and I will take all input as useful, even if it seems crazy

Brad

Relevancy 41.28%

I have been working with sysprep for about 6 weeks. Several weeks ago I was successful in using this product on a Win7 machine. When the machine started up after being sysprepped it would prompt me to enter the computer name and then arrive at the desktop. Since that point in time I have been tweaking my unattended.xml file. Now I am at the point where after sysprep, the machine comes to a screen that prompts me to enter a user name and computer name.
I cannot figure out what happened. Unfortunately, I never saved my first successful unattended.xml and have been unable to stop the computer from prompting for the user name. Any ideas?

A:After Sysprep, still prompting for user name, why?

I found out you can avoid it.
In the Specialize pass under Deployment you can run a synchronize command to enable the built in Administrators account
In the OOBESystem pass under Shell-Setup there are two things to configure. First under Autologin you can set the machine to automatically login under the built in administrators account. Under User Accounts you can enter the Administrators password. also create another local administrator account but name it Administrator. I thought it might balk at me for using this name but it did not. There is already an account with that name so when sysprep runs it cannot create another one. It just enables the built in account. More importantly, it does not prompt once the machine restarts after sysprep to create a local administrators account. I am just prompted to name the machine.
Much of this can be found in this document:
http://blog.brianleejackson.com/sysprep-a-windows-7-machine-%E2%80%93-start-to-finish-v2

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d4bfa09-2c48-4799-a438-ab90a24d1979/after-sysprep-still-prompting-for-user-name-why?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 41.28%

Anyone else have this issue with the latest Widcomm Bluetooth drivers that it keeps randomly popping a UAC prompt for AdminUtil.exe? Seems like it pops up whenever I plug some device in.

The Bluetooth is an Asus USB-BT21, and the only driver that they provide is in Beta...

I found seemingly related post on another forum, but it's all German and I couldn't read it:

NetzwerkTotal Forum - Broadcom Windows Vista Bluetooth Treiber

A:Widcomm AdminUtil.exe keeps prompting UAC

Tried downgrading to the version on my old computer, didn't do the trick. still doing it when I change any device on my machine...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/261006-widcomm-adminutil-exe-keeps-prompting-uac.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Okay so my brother calls me and says he went to turn on his computer and it starts up a system recovery, prompting him to skip or go ahead with it. He says if he opts to go ahead, it starts the process and when it's done, it restarts his computer, but it starts the system recovery all over again. He says if he opts to skip it, it restarts his computer, and same thing; system recovery.

He says that it does not give any kind of error message or reason behind this system recovery. I am in no way shape or form any kind of expert when it comes to this area of computers, so I'm appealing to you guys to see if anybody might know what might be causing this, or point me in the right direction as far as googling or something.

Any ideas?

A:keeps prompting system recovery

hello ,

you will need a Windows XP cd for this ,

follow this link

http://www.informationweek.com/LP/sh...o=1&queryText=

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keeps-prompting-system-recovery-213716.html
Relevancy 41.28%

How do you REACTIVATE the option that asks you if you "are sure you want to download..." whenever you click on a download like.... in WINDOWS XP SP1. I have looked in all internet options to get this dialog box working again and I can't find the setting options anywhere. It's great to have on just so you don't accidentally start downloadiing AND OPENING things you don't want. Where are these stting located please? Thank you!

A:Download Prompting in Windows XP

Go to Tools>Internet options>Security>Custom level>go down to Downloads and select enable.

[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-prompting-in-windows-xp.441424/
Relevancy 41.28%

I m working on a database manager application I need to figure out if the database the user wants to open requires a password and if so prompt for it I haven t found anything in ADO that will tell me this and it seems like a catch- that I need ADO to determine if the database requires password for Prompting database ADO/VB6 a a password to establish the ADO connection From what I ve seen different database providers Prompting for a database password ADO/VB6 return different values on quot invalid password quot events so testing the return code of the initial connection then prompting for a password to retry seems problematic I want to use this one application for MS Access SQL Server Oracle MySQL Sybase FoxPro Excel etc Basically whatever database provider the user Prompting for a database password ADO/VB6 chooses -- assuming it is OLEDB ADO or ODBC compliant What I m after is a replacement for the VB sample VisData That application does not correctly interpret recordcount on some tables does not support Access in its native format contains a bug that if you specify an invalid table in the Query window goes into an endless loop requiring Task Manager to shut it down Those are what I know about what else is there that I don t Anyway any help will be appreciated Thanks coderitr nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prompting-for-a-database-password-ado-vb6.185464/
Relevancy 41.28%

I visited a site, recommended by a member here, that tested my browser for problems. I set cookies to prompt before downloading. To test things out a bit I went to one of my favorite sites, estudio.com and Yahoo! wouldn't allow me to go there unless I downloaded a cookie! Why is this happening? I just put www.estudio.com in the address field of IE and I was taken to Yahoo! search...and Yahoo! was requesting I download a cookie. I agreed to download it and wallah...I could get to estudio.

Any ideas on this one??? Why was Yahoo! blocking my access to a web site like that, and HOW did they do this??

Ella

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prompting-for-cookies-question.183832/
Relevancy 41.28%

In a report with a start and end date criteria for the underlying query, does anyone know a way to get the report to have the start and end date printed on it?

A:Prompting for dates in Access

shanzplace34 said:

In a report with a start and end date criteria for the underlying query, does anyone know a way to get the report to have the start and end date printed on it?Click to expand...

Are the start and end dates based on a parameter query, hard data stored in a table, or are they somehow calculated (perhaps based on the current date?) In other words, where do they come from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prompting-for-dates-in-access.245019/
Relevancy 41.28%

The update history showed SP1 has been installed several times but I keep getting updates for SP1.
If I right click on My Computer and check properties the Windows Edition does not show SP1.
MS website help is useless, can some one show me how to resolve this.
Thanks

A:Vista SP1 keep prompting to be installed

Well...to begin with...you should have had SP2 installed a long time ago.

To check is SP2 is installed, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/learn-how-to-install-windows-vista-service-pack-2-sp2 .

And...there are critical updates which have come since SP2...that should have been installed.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/266669-does-sp2-include-all-patches-sp1.html

In any case, you can reinstall SP1, it won't hurt anything.  Then install SP2.  Then install all critical updates since SP2.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16468

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497972/vista-sp1-keep-prompting-to-be-installed/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all,
I have a problem with IE8 regarding Prompting Password for my page.
My problem is same as the reference "http://stackoverflow.com/questions/158438/ie7-form-not-prompted-for-remember-password-when-submitted-through-javascript". I have tried the solution provided in this link, but still it does not works IE8.
It works fine in Google Chrome.
Please suggest me solution for the issue.
Regards,
Raj

A:Ie8 is not prompting to remember password

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have you tried to reset IE 8?

Reset Internet Explorer 8 settings

Your profile says you are running Windows 7 is that correct?

If so please update your browser to IE 10 to see if that fixes the issue:

Download Internet Explorer 10 - Microsoft Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-is-not-prompting-to-remember-password-705359.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'd like to know how I can make it so that when I left-click on a link to a .wmv or .avi (or any other type of video format), instead of it automatically opening my WMP, I'd like it to prompt me if I would like to "open, save as, or cancel".

I know this is possible since I had it on my old system, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it back on this fresh install.

Please help!

A:Solved: Prompting for downloads

Try this as a test -- go to Folder Options > File types and find one of the media file types you want to force this behavior on.

Select the "advanced" tab and put a check in "confirm open after download".

Most file types have this as their default -- but apparently not media file types from what I see.

If it works for one, it should work for the others as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-prompting-for-downloads.489860/
Relevancy 40.85%

All the boxes are checked in the properties box for both prompting for password after standby and resuming from screen saver. But it does not prompt for password. If the computer is restarted or user logs out it prompts.

Any ideas?

A:XP not prompting for password after screen saver

Are you starting the screen saver manually or is it starting due to inactivity? If starting manually, it is normal for no prompt for the password to be displayed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-prompting-for-password-after-screen-saver.913651/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm using MS Word 2003 and it does not prompt me to save when closing.
I have seached Microsoft but can't find the answer.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 40.85%

I moved my hard disk to another laptop which had bitlocker configured. when it boots up it prompts me to enter key (expected). I enter key and log in.
I run TPM.msc and select clear TPM. I then have to reboot, F1 to accept clear TPM - enter recovery key again. Log in win7, Prompted to reboot to Enable TPM, reboot, accept TPM enabled prompt, Enter recovery key again then log in to Win7. I thought that would
be the process but every time I reboot it promtps me for the key again...
Any idea what i'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Joe.
Thanks - Joe.

A:Bitlocker recovery key keeps prompting at boot

I found it - You have to enter 2 commands from a comand prompt to repopulate the TPM chip on the new laptop witht he recovery key.
Manage-bde ?protectors ?delete C: -type TPM
Manage-bde ?protectors ? add C: -tpm
That done the trick.

Thanks - Joe.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6e9507c6-c335-42ed-8870-c981d387da8f/bitlocker-recovery-key-keeps-prompting-at-boot?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Yellow shield with a black exclamation point icon in the tray on the bottom right Yellow shield prompting for updates? of my screen close to the time Upon start up it prompts me quot updates are ready for your computer quot if I click on it right or left a window comes up quot how do you want to install these updates express install custom install quot I ve never clicked either so hopefully this has saved me from damage I found this odd as I have Windows NT as my operating system and it automatically updates almost every time I Yellow shield prompting for updates? shut down I have a few different security programs and I ve run scans with them sometimes they find stuff but the yellow shield remains I did some research on this and found some that said this Yellow shield prompting for updates? was normal and just a windows update and then I found some others that said it was a Trojan horse type of mal-ware I found a thread on this forum that had a similar issue but the instructions used to solve his problem didn t seem to match up with mine I did get the hijack this tool so here is the log file Hope someone can help me out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTi... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

my internet explorers save pass and user feature isn't prompting for every site,

for eg, yahoo's Question an Answers website.

ive heard theirs a way of resetting the whole feature altogether in Internet Tools,

but

I really don't have to want to reset the WHOLE of my saved data, just for a couple of sites that aren't responding.

Is their a way around this ?

Many thanks,

Stuart

A:IE not prompting to save passwords on certain sites

Click Type in the search box "internet options". Click the top result-internet options.

Click the content tab.

Under auto complete, click settings.

Choose your settings the way you would like it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/330815-ie-not-prompting-save-passwords-certain-sites.html
Relevancy 40.85%

After reading so many threads regarding fixes for the look2me virus i I got to step 2 with the L2MFix. Once my computer restarted, my User Name is gone and L2Mfix is at the welcome screen and prompting me for a password. Please can someone help me???

A:AHHH!! What Have I done! L2MFIX is prompting password!

Ok after a trip to safe mode I deleted the l2mfix password and logged in but I still cant seem to log in as Admin in regular mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ahhh-what-have-i-done-l2mfix-is-prompting-password-88550.html
Relevancy 40.85%

When checking Windows Email it keeps prompting me to create a Microsoft Account, I don't want to create a Microsoft Account... I can hit next then cancel and get around it but it's extremely annoying to have to do that every time I check my email!!
See screen shots if needed, thank you for your help all!

A:Keeps Prompting to create Microsoft Account

Hello Cowlag, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Unfortunately, all modern apps (ex: Mail app) that use a Microsoft service require that you be signed in with a Microsoft account to be able use them.

If you like, you could either use a 3rd party email client program (ex: Windows Live Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc...), or sign in to your email account online in your web browser. This way you could still sign in to Windows 8 with a local account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43489-keeps-prompting-create-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I just downloaded firefox and every time I try to open a file or download anything it prompts me if i want to save it or open it. I have "open with" checked, and i also check the "do this automatically for files like this from now on." However, when I open files of the same kind, the same dialog box comes up??

A:Firefox keeps prompting me when opening files

Hi,

Go to Tools/Options/Main and look at the "Downloads" section.

It should be clear from there.

Always make you sure you Save files to you hard drive,before opening.

That gives you a chance to have second thoughts about what it might be.:evil:

Desktop is a convenient place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-keeps-prompting-me-when-opening-files.91585/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all, looking for a little help with connecting to my wireless network after reformatting and reinstalling Vista Home Premium 32bit.

My problem lies with trying to connect to my wireless network (or any wireless network) - I can connect to the internet fine when wired into the router. I can also connect to any of the unsecured wireless networks I find within range.

My problem lies with my (and others) secured wireless networks. When attempting to connect, I will never be prompted to enter the password, and the connection will always fail. I've updated/rolled back/tried every possible driver for my wireless network adapter (Linksys WUSB11 v 2.6). When it fails to connect I get an error message that says it failed for an "unknown reason"

Any help would be much appreciated

A:Wireless network not prompting for password

When you get to the screen where it says: "Obtaining information from the router..." there should be a small blue text at the bottom that says: "I want to enter the passphrase instead..." click on that small blue text and it will halt looking for the info and allow you to enter your encryption key.

Hope this helps

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268811-wireless-network-not-prompting-password.html
Relevancy 40.85%

In Internet Options, Security tab, Internet zone, Custom level, one of thesettings is "Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls". What does it do? Google finds lots of pages telling people how to turn it on, but nobodyexplains what it does. Like, is manual prompting enabled if automatic prompting is disabled? -- Jeff, in Minneapolis

A:Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls

See here under the heading "Automatic Prompting for ActiveX Controls":http://www.brighthub.com/internet/s...Effectively both Enable and Disable still give a type of prompt, so it can be a bit confusing.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/automatic-prompting-for-activex-controls/18859.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

Have a couple of users that a few days ago are suddenly being prompted for passwords when opening Outlook, IE and other applications.  I have checked the WIndows Credential manager, there was nothing. Deleted IE history including password and cookies.
 Ran psexec -i -s -d cmd.exe, then rundll32 keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr , nothing showing.

Also, when this user access a Citrix desktop, it seams to follow, so somehting in the profile.  I jsut cannot figure out anything else to check.

Thanks,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/28324efe-1faf-4682-9f7d-4bad63e38fed/sudden-constant-prompting-for-password?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 40.85%

Outlook - SP This is for prompting password Outlook 2007 a simple home PC single user with nothing but a cable modem between me and the internet I have two mail accounts one POP roadrunner account and one IMAP AOL account It has periodically started asking for my AOL password and changing the PW would solve it for months before it Outlook 2007 prompting for password started again This time it just isn't satisfied with that solution Outlook 2007 prompting for password and asks frequently but not every time it automatically gets mail Sometimes it appears it's trying the wrong PW and I re-enter it and it's okay for a few downloads Other times I just click quot Remember quot and it's happy for an hour or two It is set to download every minutes The Roadrunner account never has this issue After Outlook 2007 prompting for password searching the best reply I can find is this Stop Outlook Outlook Express Asking For Your Password Every Time Windows Vista Windows Tools Help amp Guides It refers to Vista and XP so I hesitated to start following the steps Is there a more current fix Or a better idea Thanks Rusty

A:Outlook 2007 prompting for password

Quote: Originally Posted by RknRusty

Outlook 2007, 12.0.6680-5000, SP3 12.0.6683.5000
This is a simple home PC, single user with nothing but a cable modem between me and the internet.

I have two mail accounts, one POP roadrunner account and one IMAP AOL account.
It has periodically started asking for my AOL password, and changing the PW would solve it for months before it started again. This time it just isn't satisfied with that solution and asks frequently, but not every time, it automatically gets mail. Sometimes it appears it's trying the wrong PW and I re-enter it and it's okay for a few downloads. Other times, I just click "Remember" and it's happy for an hour or two. It is set to download every 15 minutes. The Roadrunner account never has this issue.

After searching, the best reply I can find is this:
Stop Outlook/Outlook Express Asking For Your Password Every Time | Windows Vista | Windows Tools, Help & Guides

It refers to Vista and XP, so I hesitated to start following the steps. Is there a more current fix? Or a better idea?

Thanks,

Rusty

I wouldnt hesitate to follow those steps; because even though it says its for Vista and XP; the principles should be generally the same as well. Especially because it says its for Vista also; as Vista is generally the same as Windows 7 with a few minor exceptions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/316940-outlook-2007-prompting-password.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I'm having this issue with my acer aspire 5580 laptop.
It kept making the device detected plug in and plug out sound non stop eventhough there isn't any device has been inserted into the USB port.

Under

My Computer > (Right Click) Manager > Device Manager > Other devices (with question marks.)

1. SM Bus Controller
2. Camera ( comes on and off)
3. USB device (comes on and off)
I've tried uninstalling the camera driver and set to 'Disable'. But after a few minutes.. the same thing pop up saying new hardware found..

Could anybody please tell me how this can be resolved. I totally do not wish to use the camera permanently at all as i find that this camera has giving me alot of problems.

Relevancy 40.85%

I'm the administrator for my company but was not around when the original IT here setup the account settings and whatnot The issue I'm having is with the UAC For most users whenever they try to install a file add a printer or make and kind of setting changes the UAC pops up and prompts for a password But as I work with more employees I'm noticing that some of their accounts won't for users admin prompting not UAC login certain give UAC not prompting certain users for admin login me the option to enter my login and thus not able to make appropriate changes to their computers It doesn't seem to have a real pattern as to who it is affecting e g it's happening to newly created users as well as long time employees I feel it prudent to say that I've got no official training in this field and am self taught That isn't to say I won't be able to answer followup questions or elaborate on the issue Thanks for any help advice you can give

A:UAC not prompting certain users for admin login

Is that happening on an individual machine that many people share (under their own account each) or across many computers for each one? Are they using domain accounts or locally defined users?
A few things to check beforehand would be, that UAC is really enabled where the problem happens and that the users are really standard without admin rights.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/292876-uac-not-prompting-certain-users-admin-login.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My Setup I have a Windows Home Premium Windows Password 8 for Share Prompting PC acting as a server It has Password Protected Sharing Turned Off andit has 'Everyone' permission on both the folder share and folder security Now in past especially with Windows this was enough to make this work but something must be different with Windows My other W PC is using a microsoft account so it does Windows 8 Share Prompting for Password have a password What Happens When I browse to the server I get prompted for username and pass if I spam anything into the username field it will let me in What I know will fix it Adding my username and password to the server that is on my W PC What I don't want to do See above So does anyone have any idea how to get around this issue I want the share to be open as possible without prompting for password for anyone I'm guessing the issue is because my other PC has a password but it doesn't make sense that it is prompting me when everyone should have access regardless

A:Windows 8 Share Prompting for Password

What about stuff in the Public folder? Can you access files there without a password?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53462-windows-8-share-prompting-password.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I have installed the awus036h driver + utility (since both come together) from alfa web page for windows 7.
When I log in, the window utility pop-up.
I check msconfig startup and it's not there, also all programs startup folder is empty.

Is there a way to stop this window splash (and not uninstalling)?
Update:
In the task bar icon tray I went to customize... and set hide icon and notification for that utility. And no more pop-ups.

A:AWUS036H utility keeps prompting after logging

I'd establish a Clean Boot from the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7. The wireless software does not need to start with Win7, conflicts and interferes with Win7's much more streamlined utility that's built in.

For this reason it's also always best if you have factory preisntalled Win7 to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/278804-awus036h-utility-keeps-prompting-after-logging.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Explanation:

Ok so I work in a small office and I have a networked printer that takes user numbers for passwords to print. This way we can keep track of print jobs and charge the employees accordingly. This user # is setup thru printer preferences. Normally only one user # is required for each computer as each employee has their own computer. Well there are two open computers at my office that anyone can use, these two have their own user #'s.

Question:

What i'd like to do is set it up so these open computers prompt for a user number before being able to print instead of having a user # saved under the preferences. Is this possible?

Relevant information:

Computers - Windows Xp Pro sp3
Server - Windows server 2003
Printer - Sharp Mx-6200N

Thank for any help regarding this situation.

A:Prompting for user # on a network printer

hmm; this is a commercial Charge Back process. Home users would hardly ever need or want
something like this.
I would think you would find such options in the software you are using to capture the user#,
likely on your Domain Controller ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prompting-for-user-on-a-network-printer.150482/
Relevancy 40.85%

Well, for the first time since build 7000 I did an upgrade from 7127 to 7201. Everything went fine and the only issue I am having is the fact that my broadband connection asks for my login details everytime, after restarting or logging off. Even if I click the option to remember my details.

This is really annoying, so I really hope someone know a solution to this.

Thanks!!

A:Prompting for login details everytime.

Guys, is there no one who can help me on this one? I have the same issue with 7227.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/12098-prompting-login-details-everytime.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi

I'm running windows 7 pro connected to my office domain, Every now and then it's prompting for Administrator password for every single updates like Skype, Adobe PDF. is there any workarround to get updated these without these passwords ?

A:Windows 7 Prompting Password for Updates

Please refer this to your system administrator - It's often policy in a domain scenario to require passwords for any changes, It may be possible that the Administrator will set Up your computer with you as a local administrator for your system which will allow these updates.

We as a forum cannot help you circumvent any security systems put in place by your employer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384904-windows-7-prompting-password-updates.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I m continuously being prompted for password verification for Outlook I m thinking that I may have too strong of a firewall any suggestions This is my hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe c program files panda software panda titanium antivirus antispyware firewall PNMSRV EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System SCardSvr exe C WINDOWS system basfipm exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft for Solved: passwords Outlook prompting Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PavFnSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Solved: Outlook prompting for passwords Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware AVENGINE EXE C Program Solved: Outlook prompting for passwords Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PsImSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware APVXDWIN EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iolo Common Task Agent task agent exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe C Program Files History Eraser HistoryEraser exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Jasc Software Inc After Shot IXApplet exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware WebProxy exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP OfficeJet T Series Bin HPOstr exe C Program Files Nikon NkView NkVwMon exe C Program Files Intellicast Intellicast exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP OfficeJet T Series bin HPOVDX EXE C WINDOWS system hpoipm exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware avciman exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware psimreal exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system mstsc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c windows blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PopupManager Class - E C - A - C - DA-A A FD - C Program F... Read more

A:Solved: Outlook prompting for passwords

I doubt any of the above has anything to do with anything. Sounds more to me like your server is timing out. Increase the server timeouts in the properties of your email account(s).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-prompting-for-passwords.442278/
Relevancy 40.42%

i want to install win7 to vhd, so i need to start install at boot , how can i install win7 from hard disk?? i dont have a dvd and no flash above 2gb.

A:how to install with no dvd no flash?

Whats wrong with the 3gb flash drive or are you installing the x64?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/4682-how-install-no-dvd-no-flash.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an old Laptop running on Vista.. I tried to update my flash but I was met with this issue.. Screenshot provided.

Looks like some viral infection =/.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Cannot install Flash..

...what browser and version?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/183289-cannot-install-flash.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Win x Whenever I install IE9 won't Flash in go in IE to a page which uses Flash I see quot Get Flash quot icon both in IE x and x Following some advice I ran msconfig set boot diagnostic mode rebooted the computer Then ran a full Flash install no errors were reported But after rebooting in normal mode I see the same quot Get Flash quot icon in both IE I found some information here Why doesn't Adobe Flash work in Internet Explorer and managed Add-ons in IE x At Flash won't install in IE9 the bottom Flash won't install in IE9 left of the Manage Addons screen there is a choice to either show all addons or only loaded When I choose quot Show all Addons quot then there is one addon which I think is the Flash here is its details window It says this addon is quot turned on quot But when I choose to quot Show only Loaded addons quot at the bottom left corner of the list window then there are fewer addons on the list and this one above is not there First I am not sure if this is THE Flash addon but suppose it is What is the difference between addon being turned on and loaded and how to load this addon if it's Flash By the way I have ActiveX filtering not turned on Can somebody help me So far I managed to live without Flash in IE but now I have a website which is using Flash and is only playing in IE not in FF nor Chrome

A:Flash won't install in IE9

Hi farbine, Welcome to the forums, Have a look here and see if this helps you Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/242604-flash-wont-install-ie9.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have recently noticed a severe lag while trying to watch anything on flash, after doing some googling, I saw that reinstalling the program could help. I have uninstalled the program but now am unable to reinstall it.

I have downloaded the file several times. When I go to install it bitdefender pops up and says the file contains a 'trojan.heur.fu'. does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this annoyance?

A:I cannot install flash

and welcome to the Forum

Where did you download it from?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/i-cannot-install-flash-532538.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Flash was working untill quite a while ago I got a prompt to install flash so i agreed to it Cannot 10.1 Install Flash and the installation failed So I went to the help site that they provided http kb adobe com cps tn htmland have doen everything but it still will not install The error message says quot The ActiveX control for Flash Player could Cannot Install Flash 10.1 not be registered Please visit the following link for troubleshooting tips Link quot At the bottom of the page there is a picture with my error It also shows quot Error PATH TO FLASH PLAYER WINDOWS ERROR CODE The Flash Player ActiveX control could not be registered Cause ActiveX was not able to register Remedy User should verify that they have write permissions to all of the Flash Player registry entries below quot Error - Ensure you have write permissions to the following registry entries HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D BCF-B E - B -BEA -DC B C HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D CDB E-AE D- cf- B - HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID A F- D - D - FC- A C C A HKEY CLASSES ROOT Interface E BB BE-A F- DC - - A C HKEY CLASSES ROOT TypeLib FAB E - C - B-A -B C DF C HKEY CLASSES ROOT TypeLib A E - - D -A - C F DB B HKEY CLASSES ROOT spl HKEY CLASSES ROOT swf HKEY CLASSES ROOT mfp HKEY CLASSES ROOT sol HKEY CLASSES ROOT sor HKEY CLASSES ROOT FlashFactory FlashFactory HKEY CLASSES ROOT FlashFactory FlashFactory HKEY CLASSES ROOT FlashProp FlashProp HKEY CLASSES ROOT FlashProp FlashProp HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY CLASSES ROOT MacromediaFlashPaper MacromediaFlashPaper HKEY CLASSES ROOT MIME Database Content Type application futuresplash HKEY CLASSES ROOT MIME Database Content Type application x-shockwave-flash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes ShockwaveFlash ShockwaveFlash HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID D CDB E-AE D- cf- B - What should I do

A:Cannot Install Flash 10.1

Hi -Did you use the Uninstall feature first - Then you will usually be able to install the latest version -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328304/cannot-install-flash-101/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have Vista bit using Win IE and for a year everything has worked fine However a few days ago I started getting the following message whenever I went to YouTube or any other site that incorporates Flash Player quot Hello Flash run or install Can't you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player Get the latest Flash player quot Since I had been running it just fine for a year I figured I needed the update so I click on the link Get latest Flash player and it takes me to the Adobe website where I see a button for agreeing and installing the newest version of Flash Player Adobe Flash Player version for Windows IE When I click on the quot agree quot button I get the little beige bar at the top that asks me if I trust the website and want to install the add-on When I click once on the bar the only real option Can't install or run Flash is to install Direct X Controller When I click on it I get a pop up window asking if I'd like to continue you know the ridiculous Vista pop up we all have to endure I click yes then another pop up comes up asking if I'd like to install or cancel the Adobe Flash Player Installer I click quot install quot of course Then after a couple of seconds I get a different screen with the following dialogue quot When you see the installation completion movie above and text below your installation was successful The installation should only take a minute or two on a k modem If Adobe Flash Player fails to install please visit the Adobe Flash Player Support Center for help troubleshooting the issue quot I never see a movie and I don't know what text dialogue they are referring to In the right hand margin of the same page there is a message saying quot Version installed successfully Installation complete quot And here's the frustrating part - I then go to any page that uses Flash and get the same message I posted at the top of the thread No desktop icons and no program files that I can look up that I know of I have looked in internet options and made sure that quot play multimedia files quot is on as per another related topic but still no luck I know this is a long post but hoping that details will help Again I've never had a problem running Flash for a year and haven't installed any new program or made significant changes to my computer Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Can't install or run Flash

I had the same problem in XP. Uninstall Flash and reinstall it. It worked for me. More info at the site below.

http://blog.deconcept.com/2006/12/08...-ie-7-upgrade/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-install-or-run-flash-259711.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Have been trying to install the latest Flash player, and everything goes just fine until I select "Run" on the downloaded installer utility. I can see the blasted thing running in Task Manager, but the GUI doesn't show up, and the process just sits there using about 20K of memory.
I'm running Windows XP.
How do I get this &^@#ing thing to cooperate?

A:#@#@ing Flash won't install

Where did you download the update?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410730/ing-flash-wont-install/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi, i just bought flash mx, but without thinking. i have the flash 7 shockwave player/plugin installed. is it safe to install mx over this?

A:flash 6 install over 7 :S

You shouldn't have a problem. If flash mx boogers up your shockwave for any reason, just reinstall shockwave.

I wouldn't worry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-6-install-over-7-s.179430/
Relevancy 40.42%

i have vista.i installed version 21 flash two times from filehippo.com then tryed version 20 it couldn't be down loaded.i unistalled ver 21 first of course. now i can't get ver 21 to down load again.all it does is say it couldn't be downloaded...i have chrome and firefox and opera they are running ver 20 and they all work fine.is it ie or is it adobe ?active x filtering is unchecked.

A:flash won't install on ie 9

Hi,

I had that problem several times! Download the full version that is available here for a limited time I suppose...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607298/flash-wont-install-on-ie-9/
Relevancy 40.42%

I downloaded a free flash cs3 trial from adobe and every time I try to install it, at the end it says that there was an error installing flash but everything else installed fine. how do I fix this?

A:can't install flash

Hi thepit56 !

Check that your computer matches the system requirements : http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/systemreqs/

Give Adobe CS3Clean Script a try :
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

Remember to close your browser and any app that could use flash before trying to install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-install-flash-241924.html
Relevancy 40.42%

We have IE Say a user goes to MSN com The ad on the right is a Flash object Some of our users will see that object flickering when scrolling up or down on the page or when hovering their mouse over it It's quite annoying Almost all users are running Adobe Flash Player but I think I've seen this happen on systems with Macromedia Flash Player as well Other systems don't have the problem I've seen this happen on one system and not another while both seemed to have the same Flash objects installed Uninstalling all Flash players using Adobe's prescribed Flash Player uninstall tool seems to work at first but users later complain again Note that they just about always end up installing Flash Player again because sites ask for it I don't believe I've seen Adobe Object 9.0.28.0) Flash V. Player (shockwave 9 Using Flash R28 Ie Flickering Flash - Objects - Activex 6 this on any XP systems at all including my own but most of our users have Ie 6 - Flash Objects Flickering - Using Adobe Flash Player 9 Activex R28 (shockwave Flash Object V. 9.0.28.0) Win K Does anybody know why this happens or how to permanently fix it Thanks Hotshot

A:Ie 6 - Flash Objects Flickering - Using Adobe Flash Player 9 Activex R28 (shockwave Flash Object V. 9.0.28.0)

More info: Adobe Flash Player 9, Macromedia Flash Player 8, and Macromedia Flash Player 10 all produce the same result--Flash objects that flicker when you put your mouse over any part of them. Moving Flash objects will flicker constantly while moving and stop flickering when the animation is done. SWF files (at least the one at www.stormwerks.com/linked/stuf/AYB2.swf) work without a problem when using Adobe Flash Player 9.

If I don't have Adobe Flash Player 9 installed, the Win2K machines prompt me to install them for almost any site that uses Flash (I guess most recent Flash objects cannot be viewed with the older Macromedia Flash Players).

Any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84882/ie-6-flash-objects-flickering-using-adobe-flash-player-9-activex-r28-shockwave-flash-object-v-90280/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

I was attempting to fix my other computer. Internet explorer would start up and multiple windows would keep popping up and up, all come with a cannot find server error, must have been a virus, or some sort of adware stuff. You couldn't do anythgin with internet explorer, was going too crazy.

I brought Ad-aware to the computer, and scanned everything, it found well over 150 infected components, or whatever they call it, and there were over 400 "objects" which I ended up deleting.

I remove these, and reboot the computer. It starts up and now asks for a password to login to windows xp for all accounts! Passwords were never set like this.

Anyone know what's going on, any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

A:Windows XP prompting for password after spyware deleted, help please!

I can't explain why that happened but can help with a soluion to stop the phenomena from continuing. Download tweak ui for xp and open it as well as extend logon and put a check in the "auto logon " box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-prompting-for-password-after-spyware-deleted-help-please.158181/
Relevancy 40.42%

In our corporate environment we have an application that accesses a centralized database as the currently logged in user. The nature of this application requires giving the user read/write/execute permissions directly to the database.

Obviously this is a security risk since an educated user would then be able to access the database directly from the command line and be able to do things beyond what the application allows.

What we'd like to do is create alternate domain accounts for each user that have the necessary DB permissions and then launch the application as that user instead of the logged in user.

I'm aware of the built in RunAs command but, since that prompts for the password, it wouldn't be any different than the current user having access.

Is there an alternate solution? Something with group policy? A reliable 3rd party utility? (no,replacing the application is not an option)

A:Running a program as another user without prompting for a password

Hello Stalag, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might be able to use the tutorial below to do so. However, it does request the administrator's password for only the first time it's ran by the user. You could log in as that user and run it to enter the password for the first run. Afterward's it runs automatically without asking for the password. The user never sees or is able to see the password.

Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User

Hope this may help.
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200317-running-program-another-user-without-prompting-password.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My elderly dad uses an old desktop that I purchased when SE was king If he wanted a new desktop I would buy it for HJT Log Explorer - Firewall About Clean Prompting Keeps is Windows him immediately of the time he uses the web for email only I m constantly checking and updating the system for HJT Log is Clean - Firewall Keeps Prompting About Windows Explorer him A couple of weeks ago the firewall started prompting with a popup that usually means - MALWARE ALERT Here HJT Log is Clean - Firewall Keeps Prompting About Windows Explorer s the text of the popup quot Windows Explorer has changed since the last time you opened it HJT Log is Clean - Firewall Keeps Prompting About Windows Explorer This could be because you have updated it recently Do you want to allow it access to the network quot Even when my dad puts a tick in the quot remember quot box the same popup keeps repeating I found numerous posts on this forum and many others about this potential malware threat I ran a couple of antivirus apps which found nothing HijackThis created a very short log compared to many others I ve seen There isn t a whole lot of stuff running on this old Gateway I can t find anything that looks like malware Some of the startup items may look strange I ve been creating scripts for years that control and automate all sorts of processes on my home and business desktops Those file names like Goodby Transtext lnk and DeleteVirtural CD Key lnk are shortcuts to my own scripts I can assure you my scripts are not trying to break through the firewall to access the web In fact I ve created scripts for my business that add layers of protection to our LAN Here s the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C PROGRAM FILES LOGITECH MOUSEWARE SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MONITUSB EXE G CACHE amp MEMORY MAXMEM MAXMEM EXE G OPTIMIZE WIN ND EDITION DESTROY SPYWARE amp TROJANS HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title SerFar Explores The Web O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - D INTERNET APPLICATIONS UP amp DOWNLOAD FLASHGET JCCATCH DLL O - BHO Implements TweakBHO - DAAC DE- EF - FF -BFA -AFF E C - D INTERN MODEMT TWEAKM TWEAKBHO DLL O - BHO BHOcl Class - D BB E- DF- D -AE - - G TASKBAR amp CONTEXT MENU CONTEXTMENU CONTROFREAK BHO DLL O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - G OPTIMI DESTRO SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - D GRAPHICAL TOOLS SCREEN CAPTURE SNAGIT SNAGITIEADDIN DLL O - Toolbar PopUpCop - DB E E -FF A- - C E-F A A - D INTERNET APPLICATIONS POPUPCOP POPUPCOP DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA LOGITECH MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run LogoSwitch change logos D GRAPHICAL TOOLS GRAPHICS EDITING LOGOSWITCH lswitch exe Auto O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run SMI USB Monitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM monitusb exe O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKCU RunServicesOnce washindex G Optimize Win nd Edition Trash Removal Window Washer washidx exe O - HKUS DEFAULT RunServicesOnce washindex G Optimize Win nd Edition Trash Removal Window Washer washidx exe User Default user O - DEFAULT Startup TransText lnk D Graphical Tools Icon Apps amp Collections TransText TransText exe User Default user O - DEFAULT Startup MaxMem lnk G Cache amp Memory MaxMem maxmem exe User Defau... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-is-clean-firewall-keeps-prompting-about-windows-explorer.897861/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

I was attempting to fix my other computer. Internet explorer would start up and multiple windows would keep popping up and up, all come with a cannot find server error, must have been a virus, or some sort of adware stuff. You couldn't do anythgin with internet explorer, was going too crazy.

I brought Ad-aware to the computer, and scanned everything, it found well over 150 infected components, or whatever they call it, and there were over 400 "objects" which I ended up deleting.

I remove these, and reboot the computer. It starts up and now asks for a password to login to windows xp for all accounts! Passwords were never set like this. What can I do now?

Anyone know what's going on, any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-prompting-for-password-after-spyware-deleted-help-please-7032.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I need to run some programs as administrator such as Visual Studio 2010. So I set it to run as administrator, but because of the user account control settings, I am prompted to allow it to run each time. Is there a way to not see these prompts when running a program, without turning off the notifications in the UAC completely?

Thanks

A:How do I prevent UAC from prompting me when running in admin mode

Welcome,

Create Task using Task Scheduler

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/209389-how-do-i-prevent-uac-prompting-me-when-running-admin-mode.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Vista Mail was working fine until a few weeks ago. Everytime we go to access it, it repeatedly asks for username and password. Nothing has changed. We've checked username and password, and the POP and SMPT info, and all is correct. Have gone through, and checked it all through with the ISP as well, and all is as it should be - except that it repeatedly asks for username and password and never lets the user in.

If we go to the webmail account, no problem. It's local.
I've looked through here for an answer, found one for Outlook, but not plain Vista Mail.

thanks

Relevancy 40.42%

Ok so certain UAC stops highest prompting programs?? on setting on happily flying with Windows Ultimate x bit and being a security-minded gamer I keep the UAC setting on the highest however I've found what's kind of an odd bit of behavior and woner if someone has any insight to this seemingly what looks like flaw or potentially security hole When I open Windows defrag utility if I click on quot set defrag schedule quot UAC will INITIALLY prompt me for user input but then if I close out of it and click it again it seems it just bypass UAC alltogether And if I click to quot Analyze Disks quot it initally promps me but again after that one click I can click it again on any disks and it doesn't even prompt me same with quot Stop Analyzation quot any ideas as to why I've found this to be the case only with Disk Defrag built into Windows thus far but it seems like it's either a bug or a potential security risk if UAC isn't working like this But aga all else it's been super reliable Any UAC on highest setting stops prompting on certain programs?? ideas I mean like it's interesting to say the least

A:UAC on highest setting stops prompting on certain programs??

Welcome
I dont think its a bug or security risk. I think that its a convenience. If you are in your account and you need permission, to perform a certain operation and then try to perform it again, you already have permission. Not really needed again. If this is a concern, be sure to log out of your account whenever you are not using the computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/171733-uac-highest-setting-stops-prompting-certain-programs.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok I'm a bit media Dialog prompting for files not Save annoyed after looking forever I thought I'd ask I'm an IT guy and I still can't find the option I have windows and before when you clicked on a hyperlink that was a media file e g wmv avi etc it would prompt for Save Dialog not prompting for media files save location Now it opens the player which is WMP I don't use WMP that much and I want to be able to left click again without having to right click save target as That's asinine how M Save Dialog not prompting for media files changes things so much and makes it even more unuser friendly in their quest to make it user friendly Why would it assume I wanted to stream it instead of letting me save the file I Save Dialog not prompting for media files have tried the enable automatic prompt for file downloads in the security options in IE but that didn't work The Confirm Open on File Download option doesn't exist in file types either like it did on XP to restore that option Any one know of a solution I would appreciate it TIA

A:Save Dialog not prompting for media files

Seriously?
This is a really active forum and nobody has any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/41236-save-dialog-not-prompting-media-files.html
Relevancy 40.42%

AS title suggests is this possible? It gets quite frustating having to allow it to run every time i turn on the laptop!

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Recently in the past couple of weeks my computer has been freezing at random internals with absolutely no warning or prompting at freezes randomly Computer sort very prompting with no of all It's Computer freezes very randomly with no sort of prompting not a case of me opening a specific program or making it perform memory-intensive tasks -it will just completely freeze up out of the blue This morning all I did was turn it on and by the time I came back from making my cup of tea it had frozen Computer freezes very randomly with no sort of prompting itself The other day I was typing a sentence onto a word document with no other programs open and it froze The entire laptop becomes unresponsive -the capslock key doesn't respond although interestingly enough my graphics tablet Computer freezes very randomly with no sort of prompting seemed to still be responsive the lights would change colour like normal when I use my pen on it The only option I have is to do a hard reboot This has been happening intermittently for the past couple of months perhaps starting around June but it's only recently starting to get worse Before it happened once a week and now it's starting to happen about once a day I've run a virus check registry clean and deleted some of my most recently installed programs but neither of them have helped The computer runs fine otherwise -no excessive slowing down no crashing programs it's rather frustrating because I find it impossible to isolate the problem Any help would be much appreciated

A:Computer freezes very randomly with no sort of prompting

I'm still having this problem. It just happened again to me, twice. The first time I had a few programs open and the mouse cursor froze and turned into its standby icon for a few seconds. The icon kept moving but after about 30 seconds it froze too.

I restarted my computer and about 5 minutes after everything had loaded, it froze again -this time without any warning. The only program I had open then was google chrome.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. It's really puzzling me as there seems to be no source for the freezing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244305-computer-freezes-very-randomly-no-sort-prompting.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I did a clean installation of Windows 7 on a new HDD. All goes fine.
I installed Office 2003 complete except Outlook and I installed Office 2007.
I start and use Outlook 2007, profile created, all fine, old PST imported etc. no problems there.
One way or another the next day when starting I get an error starting Outlook and the profile gets corrupted or so.
Create a new profile import again, no problem but now everytime I start Outlook I get the dialop Choose profile and it shows Outlook (no other profile) I click OK and everything goes fine.
I have set the rpofile as standard and cannot find the reason it prompts me every startup of Outlook.
I'm sure it's a setting someplace, registry? Whatever.
Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 40.42%

I have looked through this site and found a thread on it but I literally can't get into safe mode to back up files I had prompting repair. start rebooting up keeps and Computer a feeling this would happen because the laptop was acting silly I bought this comp off someone it and the charger is all Computer keeps rebooting and prompting start up repair. I have for it It was working yesterday no pop ups or anything but I accidentally like an idiot installed something that I knew was gonna give me trouble on the long run I might have to fully clean it at some repair shop that I usually go to but all I need to do is see if I can at least get to my files and save some things On start while booting I hit F and tried most of the options but the end result keeps showing a quick Blue Screen of Death and then restarts right back to start windows normally or start up repair I tried hitting repair computer in order to get to system rectory but when I get there I see nothing no options at all So I guess all hope is lost

A:Computer keeps rebooting and prompting start up repair.

Hi Negligent101 welcome to SevenForums
If you're getting a Startup Repair take a look at the tutorial below

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Take a look at these links below

Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console for backing up files if you're not able to get to the Desktop

Last resort Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292098-computer-keeps-rebooting-prompting-start-up-repair.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a script that opens and prints Word files, then closes. Every so often, upon closing, Word prompts to save because the file has changed and it throws my script off. Is there a way, via registry hack, etc..., to disable the "Do you want to save your changes to..." prompt?

Thanks,
Tool1248

A:How To Stop Ms Word From Prompting To Save At Close?

Word, and all Office apps for that matter, prompt when it thinks something changed.Some of the reasons why Word thinks so are change of dates, pages, table of contents, printer.Likely you've saved the document, but then went to some other printer - bingo, a change.Look into VBA commands. The full syntax for close includes the flag to be quiet. Tie a macro to the document and you should be good to go.From Help:This example prompts the user to save the active document before closing it. If the user clicks Cancel, error 4198 (command failed) is trapped and a message is displayed.On Error GoTo errorHandlerActiveDocument.Close _ SaveChanges:=wdPromptToSaveChanges, _ OriginalFormat:=wdPromptUsererrorHandler:If Err = 4198 Then MsgBox "Document was not closed"Probably if you say saveChanges:=False it'll work. Or the OriginalFormat value might need change. I don't know.Ok, I looked some more, here's the complete syntax descriptionClose method as it applies to the Document and Documents objects.Closes the specified document or documents.expression.Close(SaveChanges, OriginalFormat, RouteDocument)expression Required. An expression that returns one of the above objects.SaveChanges Optional Variant. Specifies the save action for the document. Can be one of the following WdSaveOptions constants: wdDoNotSaveChanges, wdPromptToSaveChanges, or wdSaveChanges.OriginalFormat Optional Variant. Specifies the save format for the document. Can be one of the following WdOriginalFormat constants: wdOriginalDocumentFormat, wdPromptUser, or wdWordDocument.RouteDocument Optional Variant. True to route the document to the next recipient. If the document doesn't have a routing slip attached, this argument is ignored.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97702/how-to-stop-ms-word-from-prompting-to-save-at-close/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there.

I would like to be able to ftp files out using a batch/command script but prior to that I would like to be able to prompt a user at a DOS prompt asking them to enter a filename, then, that filename would be used to identify the file to ftp.

The ftp script is not a problem, but I have no idea on how you can prompt a user for a filename, if that is even possible?

thanks.
cg.

A:Windows Scripts - prompting for user input

Here is what ive come up with so far... it does not work though.

SCRIPT 1:
@echo off

set /p filename=Please enter the filename.

echo %filename% is the file name you typed

put %filename% >> filename.txt

ftp -s:C:\BATCH\FTPSCRIPT.cmd

SCRIPT 2:
open x.x.x.x
userid
password
bin
prompt
var=findstr %filename% C:\Batch\easy.bat
rem put \\TORGFP2PNT\DBMktg\DAS\FTP\Mail_File\Mail_Files\%var%
bye

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-scripts-prompting-for-user-input.246741/
Relevancy 40.42%

won't receive or send messages on only 1 of my 3 email addresses - did troubleshoooting: entered password - this behavior came out of nowhere - no changes or new software - I checked settings with provider - they are correct -turned off avast email shield - made sure WLM is default email provider - went to unistall and did repair - I've tried deleting the account and re-creating it in the past - this doesn't work - NO luck. I'm getting the "put your password in box" loop along with Server error 0x800CCC90 & WLM error 0x8000CCC92. Any help would be appreciated. I know this is a common error, but there doesn't seem to be a common fix.

A:windows live mail keeps prompting for password

Greetings, ike529az

I had the same issue with WLM, which I never found a cure for the error message.
( Even though I use Windows? 7, my other ? uses Vista?, and this solution worked well for her too.)
The solution was to download, and install, Mozilla Thunderbird.
Thunderbird allows you to download multiple email address, and keep them separately, without having to go to a website to download emails.

Download Mozilla Thunderbird.

I have disabled WLM, and have Thunderbird as my default email client.
If you decide to use Mozilla Thunderbird, you can create different folders for each email address; this is done in the Account Settings.
The folders I created for each of my email accounts are:
Drafts; Sent; Junk; Deleted; Saved.
The email setup wizard will assist with setting up each individual email address.
Hopefully this gives you food for thought; please post back with your queries/concerns.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-keeps-prompting-for-password-683870.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys hope you can help with this irritating problem which I am assuming is malware I haven t installed anything new recently but I have done some updates for iTunes and Windows Vista as prompted Today I am constantly being prompted for passwords for email Search engine password and prompting hijack and also for my LAN but I am connected to the internet and email is downloading with no problems as far as I can tell I also got a message to say my default search Search engine hijack and password prompting engine had been reset by a mystery programme and indeed it has set to Bing with no way to reset the default or delete Bing as the default I have tried setting Yahoo - my preference - as default but to no avail I use Avast free version antivirus and it comes up with no problem I have used this for over a year without issues Here s my Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exe C Program Files x Audible Bin AudibleDownloadHelper exe C Program Files x Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files x Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files x Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files x Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C Windows system spool DRIVERS x EBAPIx EXE C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil i ActiveX exe C Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Updater AdobeUpdater exe C Program Files x World of Warcraft Beta Launcher exe C Program Files x World of Warcraft Beta Blizzard Downloader exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files x Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Nero Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - HKLM Run EEventManager C PROGR... Read more

A:Search engine hijack and password prompting

Today everything is fine! A compete mystery. Apart form the Malware scan nothing was changed. Marking this solved now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-engine-hijack-and-password-prompting.951620/
Relevancy 40.42%

My window 7 laptop always prompts to send the file or folder to recycle bin when I click a file or folder. When i use word file automatically deleted the words after the cursor.

A:Prompting unncecesserly - Are you sure you want to move this file to Recyclebin?

Make and exact model of laptop? Version of both Windows and Word you are using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prompting-unncecesserly-are-you-sure-you-want-to-move-this-file-to-recyclebin.1153952/
Relevancy 40.42%

I just got a notice that says I need to re-validate my Windows within three days because of a recent major hardware change. However, I've made no changes to my system whatsoever; the hardware it came with when I purchased about a year and a half ago is the same hardware I'm using now.

However, this is not the default OS that the computer came with when it was manufactured. I bought it used, and Windows 7 was put on it with a disc. I don't have the activation key for my Windows, but I did a check and it is genuine.

Is there anything I can do to fix my problem?

A:Windows Prompting for Re-Activation, no hardware change

I'm no expert but I do know what the experts will want to start off with.

Please complete this tutorial by Brink so the experts can look at the log.

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344176-windows-prompting-re-activation-no-hardware-change.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone Just a little info beforehand I've had this same problem before with a completely different Asus laptop that would revert to the preinstalled copy of from without the user prompting the laptop to do so See this thread for more details This Toshiba laptop is using the Refresh feature to revert to the recovery image but runs from without 8.1 refresh Windows user prompting keep the user's files intact I had setup this laptop for them with Classic Shell and made sure that all access to Modern apps was disabled Since the only way to run a Refresh is from Windows 8.1 runs refresh without prompting from user the PC Settings app it would be virtually impossible for them to get to the Refresh feature I honestly don't think they would even know what it would do I had created links to the Internet and to Facebook on the desktop that's about all they use it for Anyway I know how to make it less of a hassle if the Windows 8.1 runs refresh without prompting from user automatic Refresh happens again thanks to KYHI and SIW in this thread but what I'd really like to figure out is why this is happening and how I can prevent it on this laptop and in the Windows 8.1 runs refresh without prompting from user future Like the previous laptop the event logs have been wiped so I can't see what happens leading up to the Refresh happening This is the third laptop with this issue including the Gateway that I ended up leaving at so any info or ideas as to how to fix this would be appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/64888-windows-8-1-runs-refresh-without-prompting-user.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm actually getting two prompt boxes at startup that I've never seen before at make Safer to keeps startup changes it to me Search allow prompting Inc I will have to restart my computer to get what the other prompt is This one has me concerned because it's an exe file and looks like it's in my registry When I looked at the properties Search Safer Inc keeps prompting me at startup to allow it to make changes I found the file location It's c program files pc reg service exe I'm Search Safer Inc keeps prompting me at startup to allow it to make changes not sure where this came from as my kids both use this computer as well They usually Search Safer Inc keeps prompting me at startup to allow it to make changes watch YouTube videos and Facebook I myself had gone to a free font site and accidentally clicked on something I thought was the font file I thought I removed it but apparently not It also seems like it had turned off my antivirus I have Norton Security Suite from Comcast Can you help from what I've given or should I get more information and if so what would you like I'll gather it all in one response if you need more information Thank you in advance for your help Kelly

A:Search Safer Inc keeps prompting me at startup to allow it to make changes

Hi kellygirl924,

Please follow these instructions PLEASE feel free to let me know if you have any trouble!

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.

Next download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here (https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/)
Click on run scan at the top right hand of the program and allow it to run.
If you can not run Malwarebytes please let me know!
Let me know how the following turns out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539827/search-safer-inc-keeps-prompting-me-at-startup-to-allow-it-to-make-changes/
Relevancy 40.42%

This is really bothering me.

When I'm online, Adobe feels free to launch a popup through the program prompting me to update Acrobat Reader. I choose Cancel (I don't even use the program very often anyways) and then kill AcroRd32.exe in the task manager. But later, it'll popup again (sometimes really soon after) and the cycle continues.

Can I choose to somehow disable this annoying prompt? I don't want to update right now.

Relevancy 40.42%

Good Morning,

I have a laptop that is running Windows 8.  I have used IE, Firefox, and Chrome and run multiple software scans to find the problem but it still persists.

While open (and sometimes not open) my browser will spontaneously open new tabs (or windows) directing me to another site.  Some sites are so controlling that I can't get rid of the tab.

I've gone into all the Chrome and FF extensions and deleted everything that I don't use AND is from non-reputable organizations.

Do you have any suggestions for how to find whatever malware is plaguing my poor laptop?

Thank you very much in advance -and- sincerely,

Luke

A:Browser windows open without prompting/randomly

Ah, looks like some sort of malware is installed. I would suggest running a Mal ware byte scan. http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and post back if anything comes back reported.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557096/browser-windows-open-without-promptingrandomly/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

I'm running Outlook 2007 with VISTA. Outlook keeps prompting me for my password for my HOTMAIL account even though I check "remember password". I'm trying to find a solution to this problem, but so far no success.

I read some past posts and I found some that describe my problem except they refer to previous versions of Outlook. In fact, a few of those posts say that upgrading to Outlook 2007 would solve the "password prompting" problem, but I am using Outlook 2007 and still have the problem. I can't find any solutions pertaining specifically to Outlook 2007. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Christine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outllook-2007-under-vista-keeps-prompting-for-password.577535/