Windows Support Forum

sort sent items

Q: sort sent items

Using windows 7 and windows live mail. Seems I am unable to sort sent items as needed. Is there a way to sort them by name or a way to change the existing method?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: sort sent items

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: sort sent items

Hello 7up

As far as im aware the only sorting options are under the "search for a message box"

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/180854-sort-sent-items.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey TechSpot,

I know it may sound stupid, but is there some sort of handle or attachment for cases to make them portable.
If yes please let me know.

Thanks

A:Is there some sort of handle for cases to make them "portable"?

I am not aware of any - that is what laptops are for. However Cooler Master makes the Storm Scout case with a built in handle on top - but it kind of looks like an old 5 gallon gas can:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119235

Maybe you could invent something a get rich. Might be a demand for something like that - maybe a could of straps that would wrap around the computer and connect to a handle on top where the straps could be synched up. You could leave it on one computer or use it for any computer you wanted to move or lug around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-some-sort-of-handle-for-cases-to-make-them-portable.169262/
Relevancy 28.81%

my dad recently reformatted my computer and used windows xp recovey disk to reinstal. everything worked fine other than the hard drive is full. i cant find any of the items to delete them. all of these items were previously on this computer movies, music, games and on.

A:How do I erase items off of my hard drive if its not there

If the drive was really formatted then it shouldn't be full after an install of XP. Is there more than one drive in the system. What size is the boot drive, how many partitions are there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-erase-items-off-of-my-hard-drive-if-its-not-there.152387/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi by the way (first post )

Basically I didnt know where to put this.

My computer has been running very slowly with consistent 50% CPU usage...

Dont know whats wrong with it, wondering on the steps I can take to sort it out.

I guess starting with some kind of process log for you guys to look at?

Any help would be appreciated..

Ant

A:Please help me sort this out..

Generally is it good to provide more details about your computer and your OS. One quick place to start is always the Task Manager (check out this link on wiki Windows Task Manager ). To see what process is using the most CPU. If you find that out, report back with more details on your system so that someone can help you figure out your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-sort-this-out.139142/
Relevancy 31.39%

If anyone can help that would be awesome I have a Toshiba Equium A - laptop about a year and a half old Over the past week it has stopped connecting to the of is sort dying, My A200-196 Toshiba internet and the fan has stopped working I m trying My Toshiba A200-196 is dying, sort of to take the back off to fix the fan but it My Toshiba A200-196 is dying, sort of s harder than I thought one of the screws won t come out so is there any way to fix the fan without taking the back off As for connecting to the internet - it will recognise wireless signal and say it s connected but if I open Internet Explorer or any other program that uses the internet it says Cannot connect or something similar I have been informed that this is probably due to needing to reinstall some drivers but I can t find anywhere to download the drivers from so if anyone has a link or other suggestions that would be much appreciated This is also kind of urgent - I m going to be flying halfway across the world in one week and the laptop is fairly vital Thank you anyone who can help nbsp

A:My Toshiba A200-196 is dying, sort of

You need to take it in for repair...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-toshiba-a200-196-is-dying-sort-of.124782/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm wanting to build a new computer because mine is very out of date and i was wondering what are all the neccesary components all i can think of is

Case,Motherboard,CPU,RAM,mouse,keyboard,speakers,monitor,sound card,video card..modem with Lan thingy?? i dunno im a newb...

and another question i was having some problems deciding on a motherboard all i really need is a motherboard with a pentium 4 i think...some help please...

(the things im going to use this computer for is mainly online gaming,chatting on msn,listening to music,browsing forums)(all at the same time)

some assistance please?

A:Items needed to build a new computer?

Tips for builders

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/items-needed-to-build-a-new-computer.26114/
Relevancy 31.82%

So ever since we got our computer back from being wiped (ugly virus, I think the guy said it was a Win32?) about 1/3 of the time we go to a page on the internet we get an error message that says:
"This application has failed to start because iertutil.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
But we can surpass this problem just by x-ing out of the window and going there again.
So my question is what is that 'application' and where do I find it?
Oh, and this seemed like the right place to post this (not too sure though). But if it's not the right place, sorry!

A:Internet Trouble, sort of

No way to easily know. Just start reinstalling. Consider firewalls as a common cause, or security software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-trouble-sort-of.108429/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a dual boot XP Pro and Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon. Mostly I use the Linux OS for everyday use and web access. I tried to connect to the web in XP and it tells me there is no connection. The icon on the taskbar shows that I am connected at 1 GB to the network. Microsoft downloaded updates in the background so I am connected yet Firefox and Ie7 tell me I'm not connected. I ran the connection wizard(s) with no luck. I ran the Dx and it reported a problem with the winsock catalog and I asked it to reset it to the default but that didn't work either, I have had a connection in the past. How to proceed?
Monton

A:No internet connection - sort of

Can you open 'command prompt' and ping www.yahoo.com ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-sort-of.106853/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello I post this connections re wireless 2 Items knowing 2 Items re wireless connections full-well that I could search through all threads related to connection issues to try to find the answers to my questions However I am short on research time and have joined hoping that at least one of you is able to provide some helpful feedback I have a desktop PC and a laptop PC both with Windows XP Service Pack Wireless devices do not need repair Problem At home I connect to the i-net with my desktop PC through a D-Link USB wireless adapter to a buddy s secured network He lives directly upstairs Though the signal strength is either excellent or very good my download speed varies between kbps and The ISP is through Telus and apparently the Telus network drops mobile phone calls in this area It is a bit of a freak area with signals good one minute then nothing the next Anyone with a similar experience Problem My laptop for whatever reason cannot connect to the aforementioned secured network the same signal strength as the desktop Also my laptop will not connect to other secured networks in different areas even with excellent signal strength It used to but doesn t now since I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled the OS It will however connect to any unsecured network in range In the past I seem to recall viewing the wireless networks then connecting - if a network WEP key was required it would ask for one Now it just attempts to connect without asking for a key In order to provide the network key I have to quot Add quot the Network to the list of preferred networks and change the properties Still though I can t connect to the secured network Thanks JG nbsp

A:2 Items re wireless connections

Your "buddy" must be online a lot at the same time as you, and others may be online as well... who else in your "neighborhood" has access to that secure network.

You haven't mentioned the equipment, or drivers, for your two units.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-items-re-wireless-connections.104506/
Relevancy 31.82%

I formatted computer the other day, since then i have not been able to connect to the internet. I have a belkin router, my computer has a usb stick type thing connecting me, but i can not connect. I can find the belkin when i search for it but when i click connect and go onto the internet it says something about DNS. I have tryed reinstallations etc but nothing. Any help? Thanks!

A:Can't sort out internet

So, hopefully you reformatted, reinstalled the OS, and then reinstalled the chipset drivers.

You will need to reinstall your Network Adapter drivers from your accessory cd that came with the mobo (if the adapter is onboard) or with the card (if a PCI slot adapter card).

With a wireless connection, I believe you then need to go into the Control Panel and click on 'Wireless Network Setup Wizard'.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/wirelessadapter.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-sort-out-internet.101266/
Relevancy 31.82%

If you can help me I'd appreciate it. I just rebuilt a pc that I was having some issues with. I got the MOBO replaced from ECS under warranty so I rebuilt it.

I seem to have everything hooked up right. It fires up and just beeps (long repetitive beeps).

Any ideas?

thanks,

jessiejamez

A:Hello Having a problem and sort of looking for help

Probably RAM (possible CPU issue).

Remove the RAM sticks,reseat them,try one stick,make sure it`s the correct type.

All possible Beep codes and solutions,HERE

Earth yourself to some metal before fiddling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hello-having-a-problem-and-sort-of-looking-for-help.96567/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all,

I'm building a new PC but im going to buy a mid range gfx card to last me until the dx10 line up improves.

Any ideas?

1950 Pro was my fave so far... http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=673526

P.S: my new build is:

Intel Q6600 @ 2.40
4 GB Crucial Ballistix (4 x 1gb)
Asus PV5B-Dluxe

Cheers,

Alex.

A:decent temporary gfx card until manufactures sort dx10 out?

That X1950PRO is the best choice ATM if you want a non-DX10 card. Among the current crop of video cards though (including non-DX10 ones), the 8800 series rules the roost, so opt for one of those if you can afford it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/decent-temporary-gfx-card-until-manufactures-sort-dx10-out.88339/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi I reasently tried to get my sort any windows No of Atlon to ghz and something went wrong Any it load Windows when it was at Ghz and then crashed after I got the CPU-Z reading like mins after login so I thought not stable No windows of any sort lets drop it back a bit so I do then its POST normaly then comes to the bit where windows should load and nothing just a screen saying digitial iput and it stays on just black s so I put it back to normal speed and still samething so I take the Cmos battery out and leave it out while I was at school but no help so I put the Windows XP disc in and and let it boot from disc to see if I could repair windows anyway It check Hardware setup but then does the samething just has a black screen and nothing else happens so I thought maybe Graphic card and change it for its twin had em in SLI till my GTS came the cards are XFX GTs XXX no change Anyway Im abit confused as I have got the CPU to Ghz off a different motherboard and had it at v but on this one I had it at ghz at v probly not enough but I cant change the CPU voltage also that itll POST find and everthing and pick up the HDD but not load windows or its install disc s So I wonder before I take both my PCs apart and swap componets to see what damaged if anything wondered if anyone has had simliar and know what could be up nbsp

A:No windows of any sort

You have probably damaged the hard drive or the embedded hard drive controller on the motherboard. The CPU, video and memory are a little more forgiving at times

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-windows-of-any-sort.87427/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey guys ive been putting together a couple of old computers recently but not having money stops me from getting anything close to decent parts I figured that in October or even a bit before ill guys you of about sort do think this What build? be able to get a job I just got the bike i was saving for for like so now i can afford to spend some on other stuff COMPUTERS I was getting all the parts together on Newegg of What do you guys think about this sort of build? what I want and will get but not exactly these parts these are more of a guide and i didnt want anything over AUD I ended up with this Qty Product Description Savings Total Price GIGABYTE GA-M SLI-S Socket AM NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail Item N E Return Policy What do you guys think about this sort of build? Standard Return Policy Add this item to your cart - Instant COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -UW Black Aluminum Bezel SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Add this item to your cart SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner With X DVD-RAM Write What do you guys think about this sort of build? Black E-IDE ATAPI Model SH-S D BEBE - OEM Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Add this item to your cart ARCTIC COOLING ALPINE mm CPU Cooler - Retail Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Add this item to your cart Arctic Silver Thermal Compound - OEM Item N E Return Policy Consumable Items Return Policy Add this item to your cart CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - - Retail Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Add this item to your cart Mail-in Rebate Western Digital Caviar SE WD JS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM Item N E Return Policy Limited -Day Return Policy Add this item to your cart Rosewill RV - -FRB-S ATX V Ver W Power Supply - Retail Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Add this item to your cart - Instant AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz Socket AM Processor Model ADA CUBOX - Retail Item N E Return Policy Processors CPUs Return Policy Add this item to your cart Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Add this item to your cart - Instant EVGA -P -N -T GeForce GT MB GDDR PCI Express x Video Card - Retail Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Add this item to your cart Mail-in Rebate Grand Total That adds up to about AUD so im good Ive got keyboard mouse and screen already aswell What do you guys think about this sort of build I would be getting a shop to do the actuall build because I dont want to go wrecking anything I was also thinking of say buying a bit then waiting for next pay and buying another bit yarda yarda yarda Is this a good idea cus im sick of crappy windows s and s that dont even start up nbsp

A:What do you guys think about this sort of build?

Your power supply does not come close to matching the rest of your selections. That is the weak link in your proposed system.
You will need an operating system, too, such as Windows VISTA Ultimate at $199.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-you-guys-think-about-this-sort-of-build.75632/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey everyone My PC froze up the otherday and then when I tried to restart it it would start loading and then just freeze when the Windows XP screen with the blue bar was up Then it wouldn t start at all sometimes so id wait and then the same thing would happen with the freezing and now I can t get anything at of or coma. CPU? some sort Computer Motherboard in all on the monitor Ok so when I turn on the computer the my case fan CPU fan and Power supply fan all work My HDD light comes on at the front of the PC but I don t hear any beeps at all from the POST It sounds as if everything Computer in some sort of coma. Motherboard or CPU? is running but nothing comes up on screen Checked monitor and it is fine I checked my Computer in some sort of coma. Motherboard or CPU? HDD s on a differant system and they both work fine so it cant be them From the research I ve done i believe it is either the motherboard or powersupply but im not sure either way I was running a P or on a Foxconn motherboard with socket I have a w powersupply I ve also tried unplugging everything HDD s DVD Burner Computer in some sort of coma. Motherboard or CPU? video card RAM and then putting them back in in differant combinations or not at all but still nothing works If anyone could give me some ideas or advice or anything It would really be appreciated Thanks alot -Fb nbsp

A:Computer in some sort of coma. Motherboard or CPU?

I had the same problem when I had some memory go bad. Run memtest86 overnight and see if that is the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-in-some-sort-of-coma-motherboard-or-cpu.35366/
Relevancy 31.82%

hi i need your help my problem is when i boot my computer it hangs-up it does problem of video sort Some not even show the bios start-up thing there is Some sort of video problem some sort of sound coming from the power supply and when i keep on rebooting it then finally gets through and i see Some sort of video problem the BIOS showing something about incorrect frequency i reboot and then it is okay when i boot my computer my Some sort of video problem monitor does not show anything and my computer hangs-up when i turn it off then boot my computer it loads to windows then when i turn on the monitor my computer hangs-up again so what i did was take the cable off connecting the CPU and Monitor turn on my computer wait till there is no some sort of loading happening so it means that my computer finally gets in windows XP plug the cable back in at the back of the CPU then my computer is fine can anyone tell me what is the problem with this OS Windows XP Video Card On-board VGA Motherboard ASUS nbsp

A:Some sort of video problem

Have you tried with an other monitor to see if thats the conflict?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-sort-of-video-problem.49992/
Relevancy 31.82%

I got DSL through PRT (Puerto Rico Telepone) about 6 months ago and it is a 512/256 rate. When i connect however i onyl get a rate of around 60 kbps. I have reset my hub and nothing has changed. I am using Widnows XP and i was wondering if anyone knew any ways that i can improve the connection rate.

As a last resort i am gonna call the phone company, but i wanted to see if there was any way i can improve my connection myself without having the hassle of dealing with the company.

Any help and advice is appreciated.

A:How Can I Sort Out My DSL Problems

Just so we're on the same page; by DSL you mean hispeed over the phone line.

TCP over the phone is always a hit/miss proposition. The line is susceptible to
all kinds of noise and that creates transmission errors. One day it works great;
the next it stinks.

Regardless, you can improve performance with this TCP parameter: selective ack
which will reduce the 'overhead' controls and allow more data at whatever rate
is successful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-sort-out-my-dsl-problems.37877/
Relevancy 31.82%

I'm trying to update my ME to XP, but my RAM (acording to Everest 255mb) just meets the requirments, so I was looking up the memory types in the documentation and acording to it, I have 384 MB. So I look at the individual chips using Everest, when added up my RAM SHOULD be 384, but for some reason it's only recognising 255(I'd also like to know where that extra 1MB is going). I opened my case and there are 4 chips, 2 of one type, 2 of another (I also took this oppertunity to make sure that all four chips where secure in their slots, they where.)
So what is the problem?

Thanks in advance

A:PC not recognising memory...sort of.

Well, the extra MB moved into the other two sticks, because 256+128 = 384.
That Everest tells you 255 MB probably is due to the fact that 1 MB = 1024 KB.
If I had to take a guess I'd say that either Everest doesn't recognize the two 64MB sticks or they don't work together with the other two. But that should have caused problems before so I'd take the former reasoning.

I have never heard of Everest, by the way. Uninformed opinion if you want to say that...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-not-recognising-memory-sort-of.29121/
Relevancy 28.81%

New mobo, cpu, ram, graphics card. old HDD. wont get past the screen where you choose "Safe Mode, etc, Last good config, and start windows normally". tried putting windows cd in to do a repair install but it doesnt work. help

A:New Items, Computer Doesnt Work

"Doesn't work" means what? A huge dialog comes up saying "I won't work!"?

You should have uninstalled all the drivers for your old devices before putting in the new ones. Now a repair install or putting back the old mobo are the only solutions unless you are willing to make a clean install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-items-computer-doesnt-work.25403/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi there,
I have been looking at graphics cards for a while now and im a bit confused:
i want to spend around 150pounds. I am based in the uk. I have been looking at the 9800 pro and the new 6600. I know the 9800 pro is an old card now but i would like to know how it compares to the 6600. For example when playing games such as HL2 and CS Source what are the difference in fps e.t.c.

PS. IF there are any other cards for the same sort of price or are better please state.
Many thanks for all replies :slurp:

A:In need of Help Choosing: 6600 vs 9800 pro or any others for same sort of price

search the review you like:

(internet's most overlooked feature) google <6600 gt 9800 review>

6600 GT AGP beats all last gen cards.

mind cooling though, some brands of the 6600gt's have overheating problem because of inadequate coling setups, but nevertheless, it almost challenges the 6800NU and has all the new good features (especially WM10's HDTV media acceleration a must for home theater pc's)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-need-of-help-choosing-6600-vs-9800-pro-or-any-others-for-same-sort-of-price.18549/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have noticed that as of Friday afternoon, my sent items are not showing up in my sent items folder. I have already tried opening a new email account with the same settings and it did not work. Any suggestions? Thank you.

A:Office XP sent items suddenly not posting

CP Sent items

I re-installed the program and it seems to be working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-xp-sent-items-suddenly-not-posting.143779/
Relevancy 27.95%

My Outlook has just started sending all my emails directly into my Deleted Items folder and bypasses the Inbox. I have run 3 anti-virus scans (Avast, Malwarebytes, and Spybot--thorough scans). They found no viruses.

I did go and create a rule for a couple of contacts for them to go into the Inbox. Now they go into the Inbox and the Deleted Items folder.

I am very unsure of what to do now. I would appreciate any help you give me.

lismith

A:Outlook automatically sends email to Deleted Items folder

Couple questions.

1) Are you using Full Outlook or Outlook express?
2) Do the times in the deleted folder have any weird tagging on them (in the subject line)?
3) Is this connecting to an exchange server (like at work) or are you just using this for personal emails. (ie what email address are you getting email on )
4) do you remember any thing that you did recently in changing settings/ installing any new software, etc. . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-automatically-sends-email-to-deleted-items-folder.139782/
Relevancy 28.81%

It's probably simple, but in spite of diligent searching I can't find the path to a menu that allows me to change the order of my MSN(IE7) homepage items in their respective columns. (I want to put the most important ones above the rest. I can remember using such a menu that allowed moving items up or down, but I sure can't find it now. I keep finding MS info that refers to that ability, but no path to it.)

I'd be quite grateful for any help on this.

A:Rearranging items on MSN home page?

here is a site with particulars about customizing the MSN Homepage:

http://www.supershareware.com/software/msn-home-page.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rearranging-items-on-msn-home-page.93708/
Relevancy 29.24%

So my buddy got ahold of my computer without Renaming of items desktop me knowing and after watching this video online of how to mess with someone s desktop items he decided to screw with me I guess I had it coming after some of the things Renaming of desktop items I ve pulled on him but regardless here s my issue After finally convincing him that he totally screwed up he gave me the following details What he did was rename a folder on my desktop but instead of giving it a name he deleted the name and while holding down the alt button he typed in which showed up as a single space as if he had pressed the spacebar The thing is now I cannot rename it nor can I delete it or move it to another folder I can put stuff into it and I can take stuff out but it is stuck there I tried deleting it in safe mode but that didn t work either Any suggestions Or do I have to kick my buddy s for a second time Thanks nbsp

A:Renaming of desktop items

"cannot" means what?! Your fingers freeze the second you try to press the DEL key?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/renaming-of-desktop-items.90990/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am attempting to reduce my start-up programs by running msconfig ,finding the start list,and un-checking boxes. When I click ok, a note tells me"access denied please log-on as administrator" yet there is only one account listed which is mine as administrator. After restart,a box says it is running in configuration mode and will always do so unless I restore non-selective start menu, where I usually oblige and end up were I started. Any suggestions please? Am running windows XP pro.

A:Unable to reduce start-up items

After placing MSConfig in Diagnostic Mode, you can then run Msconfig Cleanup tool, to cleanup all the disabled entries

Ideally, instead of using Msconfig and Registry to remove common startups, it's always better to use the program's settings, usually selecting:
Disable Startup checkbox
Or uninstall not required programs

Another program, that will not leave your computer in "Diagnostic Mode" is Startup Control Panel (very easy to use)

Which Startup(s) are giving you the "access denied" message?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-reduce-start-up-items.136866/
Relevancy 23.22%

Many of my folders including c:\ and Windows as well as documents show up as Pictures and videos in the explorer window.

While most other folders views can be customized to show as All Items, Documents, Pictures etc. The customize option is not available for C: or c:\windows. (Using the properties pane)

The top headers for the view are name, date taken, tags, size. I have tried to change the view by selecting the right columns but it gets reset.

How do I change the view properties of the c drive or the system directories.

Sunil.

A:C drive contents displayed as "pictures and videos" instead of as "all items."

What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c-drive-contents-displayed-as-pictures-and-videos-instead-of-as-all-items.136809/
Relevancy 27.95%

i have several emails in my outbox, and outlook 2007 doesn't send them help please new computer, never used vista before

msmouser

A:Can't get items sent from outbox Vista home premium, Outlook 2007

Hi

what happens when you try to send them, your post is lacking a little in information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-items-sent-from-outbox-vista-home-premium-outlook-2007.122563/
Relevancy 28.38%

Looking for an easy-to-use program to enter articles for sale on Ebay, rather than using Ebay's own tools.

Anybody have good experience with such a program?

It needs to have multi-currency ($/£/?).
I'd like a program where I set everything up/fill everything in on my PC, incl. pictures, then prefereably click a button (or two) to submit it to Ebay.

A built-in tracker for submitted items would be nice as well.

Also interested in free storage of the pictures for Ebay.

A:Looking for good program to sell items on Ebay

Hey RBS

This is the only one I know of.
I have a few clients that sware by it.
spoonfeeder
Other than the wierd music they seem to have most of the features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-good-program-to-sell-items-on-ebay.37886/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am setting up a series of Excel sheets for my boss, in which one tab gets data from a previous tab. What I am trying to do is find a way for this new column (in the second tab) to be automatically sorted (it is a list of email, so alphabetically). This would than feed into another Excel sheet. I don't want my boss to have to go into that intermediary sheet and click sort himself or have to run a macro. Basically, is there any way to sort an entire column by utilizing formulas. I don't care if I have to create one or many extra columns. Thank you very much. Dan

A:Excel Help - Can you sort a column by using formula (not macro)

I may not be on the right track here, but for me, and my technically challenged bosses, the easiest thing to do is to setup autofilter. if you are using MSOffice 2003 or later it allows you to sort ascending or descending order by clicking the drop-down arrow and scrolling up on the options and selecting the sort order, this also allows for custom sorts, ie you are looking for only the contact details of all the members of a certain company. when i first started with this it seemed awkward but over time even my bosses have come to enjoy this particular feature of MSOffice 2003 and later. the older versions don't allow you to do the sort function on the auto-filter button. otherwise write a macro that runs when you open the spreadsheet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excel-help-can-you-sort-a-column-by-using-formula-not-macro.98529/
Relevancy 28.81%

does anyone knows - how to recover visited sites data if the history items has been deleted?
i have checked the cookies n temporary files folders and also index.dat.
nothing is workable...
n if there s any goodsoftware for the same, please leme know?

A:Recover deleted history items?

Recuva download is a good free program... there are several excellent recovery packages at www.majorgeeks.com... some you have to pay for, but they are worth it if the data is worth it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recover-deleted-history-items.121885/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi all,
don't really know what's going on here but a while ago I deleted a bunch of stuff from my computer, but have noticed recently that the Vista start menu search function will keep returning these files in it's results.

for example, a a bunch of holiday results i moved to an external harddrive to put on another computer, are now visible in the results folder that appears, and in duplicate.

when i try to delete these files, Vista tells me that they're not there....(surprising that.) and won't remove them

all subsequent searches keep returning the files, and nothing seems to work.

thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this, and thanks for any help.

A:Vista search results, returning long deleted items

Try CCleaner: http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup212.exe

I believe these are just temporary cached files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-search-results-returning-long-deleted-items.114018/
Relevancy 28.81%

If I create a ghost image of a system, can I then edit the image to remove things like network neighborhood and internet explorer from the desktop? I ask because I need to roll out ~40 systems to inexperienced users and need them to be as bulletproof as possible. Plus I need them to do work and not browse around the internet.

I have been told this is possible, however I am having trouble finding either the reg keys or the switches within ghost to make it so.

thanks

A:Using Ghost to remove desktop items

I don't *think* you can edit the image directly without performing another capture - at least I've never had luck modifying the image directly. You could always join them to your domain and manage the desktop that way - if you have AD in place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-ghost-to-remove-desktop-items.23569/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have been going through remnants of files etc connected to my last ISP amp have successfully deleted all about seven or eight by search amp the quot add delete files quot facility plus the items ISP some previous of to delete Unable Recycle Bin but now when I boot-up I get quot Error Loading C Program VISP RyDial dll the specified module could not be found quot This a mystery as quot C quot is my CD drive the only thing I can think of is that it Unable to delete some items of previous ISP has to do with the fact that my previous ISP was loaded via a disc which I no longer have If that is the case I can see no way I can get rid I have tried by search amp run with no luck I get something like quot unable to open or locate C Program etc etc or quot Insert disc quot I can live with it I just click OK amp carry on as I did with quot unable to create socket quot which disappeared when I deleted the now defunct connection manager dial-up window Is there any way round this Maurice nbsp

A:Unable to delete some items of previous ISP

it sounds like you might need a registry cleaner. here is a link to a freeware one. http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm it clears out invalid references and shortcuts, etc no longer on your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-delete-some-items-of-previous-isp.23189/
Relevancy 31.82%

Does such a pgm exist (that doesn't cost the earth) that converts a book with pics, I have written to a disc that can be read like an ebook but on a DVD/Cd player, not a computer? I don't know where to look!!
Rockinghorseman

A:Ebook..sort of

do you need it to be in midi or wave?
convert from the existing txt to voice?
then run slide show
diff ways to approch
convert txt first then use a progm like nero or sony to make a slide show
this can be done in flash (better)

Autoplay was developed as a training aid
use this to package the data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ebook-sort-of.64823/
Relevancy 29.24%

Dear All

This is a first post for me, and I look forward to being part of this forum. I am having a problem with Outlook, which has recently started not to save sent messages in Sent Items - although the options to do this are checked. Also before it stopped saving messages, I now see that the date on the outgoing message was strange and set to 31st March! The date on the computer is correct and Outlooks selects the correct date when using its Calendar, so I am not sure where it is getting this incorrect date from.

Hopefully there is a solution other than re-instating this user account (I saw a post from someone having a similar problem).

I would be grateful for any advice.

Best regards

Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/date-and-sent-items-in-outlook.22921/
Relevancy 28.81%

'lo all

My outlook XP is not saving the sent mail items, even though I have ticked the appropriate boxes in the Options/Advanced Options to 'Save Sent Mail'.

Can anyone advise what I may be missing?

Your assistance is most appreciated.

Thank you
Dil

A:Outlook XP - Not saving Sent Mail Items

The quick and easy is to simply recreate your email account by going to the Outlook menu. If you are not sure how to do this, check the following link... http://www.helpwithpcs.com/tipsandtricks/outlook account.htm ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-xp-not-saving-sent-mail-items.10646/
Relevancy 28.38%

Having changed computers a couple of times and transported data over the other day I used quot DupDetector quot to sort through and delete duplicate files Dupdetector found and deleted odd duplicates Before pressing quot empty deleted items quot and losing literally gigs of family photos I wanted to doublecheck that it had done this correctly by re-running the comparison between quot My Pictures quot and quot Deleted Items Locating Items Vista Deleted and in restoring quot But dupdetector couldn t quot see quot the recycling bin to build an index in it So I thought I would simply move all the deleted items into a separate folder it could see and run the comparison from there I did this by ctrl-A selecting all items in the recycling bin and dragging them to the new folder Weird thing is they Locating and restoring Deleted Items in Vista don t show up in the new folder - and they don t show up anymore in deleted items either Have I somehow force deleted them without realising it I suspect that VISTA is still treating the items as deleted I didn t quot restore to original location quot - I just dragged and that s why they re not showing Locating and restoring Deleted Items in Vista - but they re not in deleted items either To be clear I have not at any time quot emptied quot my deleted items folder so the files really ought to be somewhere any thoughts thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/locating-and-restoring-deleted-items-in-vista.111784/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello everyone again,
Does anyone know a quick way/method of sorting hundreds of thousands of files by month? The files I am trying to sort are very small (1-100KB) though there are so many of them. What I've tried so far is used windows search tool and selecting the date range in which I want. Due to the immense quantity of files, it takes about 3 hours to complete. Even when it completes, it takes even longer to move the files to a directory b/c I think windows has to search for the location again before it does the actual move. Is there a command prompt or script that I can use/create that says:
Select the files in these date range (ie: 6/01/2007-6/31/2007) and move them to a folder called 'June 2007'?

Thanks for your help

A:Quick Way to Sort Files?

Good databases can easily do it... Even Access... as will statistical databases such as Stata/MP: The fastest version of Stata (for dual-core and multicore/ multiprocessor computers), Stata/SE: Stata for large datasets, Stata/IC: The standard version of Stata, and Small Stata: A smaller, student version of Stata (for educational purchases only)
Take a look at researcher software, or academic software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-way-to-sort-files.106784/
Relevancy 29.24%

I cannot click on any items in my taskbar. When I rightclick on an item it brings up the options for the taskbar (lock/unlock, properties, etc...). There are also three blue boxes that I cannot click or see what they are. Does anyone know what this problem and/or know how to fix this? I have done system restore and rebooted and I still get the same thing. Thanks

A:Cannot click items in taskbar

Check into spoof or malware. Your desktop background could be a snapshot of an old desktop. Attempt to open a few seldom used programs. It the taskbar icon matches, then I am wrong about the malware.

Keyboard "alt+tab" for each press of 'tab' while holding 'alt' will cycle through the programs open on the taskbar.

There may be other jiffy tests.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-click-items-in-taskbar.109253/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I click on my Recent Items icon, I only get the first 15 recent files in alphabetical order. For example, I just clicked on it and it showed 15 recent files in order with files beginning with numbers first and then other recent files alphabetically. It stops with files beginning with the letter "f". I have more recent files than those that begin with the letter "m" and further down the alphabet but they are not listed at all. I don't understand this. How can I get this to show my most recent 15 files, no matter what letter they start with?

Thanks.

A:Strange Vista Recent Items problem

I did a search and found this info
Please let me know if it works, so as to help others with similar issues

This happens if the desktop.ini file in the Recent folder is deleted.

Click Start, type "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows" and press <ENTER>
Right-click the folder named Recent, and choose Delete. Click Yes when prompted.
Now, type the command "shell:recent" in Start - Search box, and press <ENTER>.

Logoff and log back on. You should now see the context menu entry Clear Recent Items List when you right-click on the Recent Items folder in the Start menu.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-vista-recent-items-problem.108511/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a problem with the Vista instant search tool.

I just deleted a load of files with Ccleaner, but they still show up on the search tool.
I try to delete them from the list but it just says it can't find it (therefore can't delete it), of course it can't because I deleted it.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of these file 'ghosts'

Thanks in advance
Finchy

A:Items remaining on Vista Search Tool

In case anyone else has had similar problems.....

I found out after extensive searching that 'ghost' entries can be caused by an out of date index, what vista uses to quickly find matches.
To solve the problem you go into Control Panel, seach for indexing, click on indexing options, then go into the 'advanced 'section.

You then click 'Rebuild Index' and leave it for a few hours until it has finished. Then, ghosts are gone and stuff that previously did not show up, does, since it has completedly updated.

My hard disk was about 300gb full at the time, and that took about 2-3 hours, in case you want a time estimate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/items-remaining-on-vista-search-tool.105993/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello Dears After installing Windows XP the computer runs fine for a day atmost the i get the blue screen which says at the base quot beginning dumping of physical memory quot when i re-install windows i get this problem again and again I wrote the message it gave me last time it said STOP X F X X EB DO X EB X D there is a possibility of error in this code cuz i have low eye-sight but hopefully u ll find the problem I have been having this problem since i introduced SATA hard-disks first i had it with the an GB WD hard-disk then i switched to a non-SATA which worked fine then i bought a gb sata WD hard-disk and again im being devastated My computer specifications are Intel D gccr core duo GHz Ram- Kingston GB Please Please Please Help me God give you and your family everything u wish for if you solve my problem thnx nbsp

A:Blue screen of death, repeated 0X000000F4 error, need some sort of solution to this

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death-repeated-0x000000f4-error-need-some-sort-of-solution-to-this.149445/
Relevancy 28.81%

I recently tried to add items to the start menu by right clicking a program where i should be able to select pin to start menu but there are no options to selecting anything. is there something I can do to correct this wjthouy reinstalling? also I am the only one with administrator access.

P.S. I am running win XP Pro

Thanks for any help
Puppetgrimm1

A:Unable to pin items to start menu

Start>Run>Type in:REGSVR32 /i SHELL32>Ok

Or go here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm line 160,right hand side,save the "enable" option to desktop and click it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-pin-items-to-start-menu.41531/
Relevancy 27.95%

It hit me the other day when I noticed that for some bizarre reason I had entries for Sigma Design s DVD Station and Hollywood Plus software in my Add Remove Programs List that I had completely forgotten how to sort this despite the fact that I had somehow worked it out or looked it up in the past This a common problem with Windowz the List removing from items Add/Remove Programs Manually and something that for some reason tends to really annoy people so I have posted the Manually removing items from the Add/Remove Programs List relevant links and quote here How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add Remove Programs List Q http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q The information in this article applies to Microsoft Windows Advanced Server Microsoft Windows Server Microsoft Windows Professional Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition Microsoft Windows Microsoft Windows Second Edition Microsoft Windows -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- IMPORTANT This article contains information about editing the registry Before you edit the registry make sure you understand how to restore it if a problem occurs For information about how to do this view the quot Restoring the Registry quot Help topic in Regedit exe or the quot Restoring a Registry Key quot Help topic in Regedt exe SUMMARY This article describes how to manually remove items from the Add Remove Programs tool if the item is still displayed after you try to remove the item from Add Remove Programs MORE INFORMATION WARNING Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved Use Registry Editor at your own risk For information about how to edit the registry view the quot Changing Keys and Values quot Help topic in Registry Editor Regedit exe or the quot Add and Delete Information in the Registry quot and quot Edit Registry Data quot Help topics in Regedt exe Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it If you are running Windows NT or Windows you should also update your Emergency Repair Disk ERD Programs that are compatible with Windows may have an uninstallation program or feature The Add Remove programs tool lists all of the Windows-compatible programs that have an uninstall program or feature You may need to manually remove the program from the Add Remove Programs list if you uninstall a program and the registry key that is used to display the program name is not removed correctly Click Start click Run type regedit in the Open box and then press ENTER Locate and click the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall After you click the Uninstall registry key click Export Registry File on the Registry menu In the Export Registry File dialog box click Desktop in the Save in box type uninstall in the File name box and then click Save Each key under Uninstall represents a program that appears in Add Remove Programs To determine which program that each key represents click the key and then view the following values DisplayName - the value data for the DisplayName key is the name that is listed in Add Remove Programs -and- UninstallString - the value data for the UninstallString key is the program that is used to uninstall the program After you identify the registry key that represents the program that is still in Add Remove Programs right-click the key and then click Delete After you delete the key click Start point to Settings and then click Control Panel In Control Panel double-click Add Remove Programs In Add Remove Programs verify that the program for which you deleted the registry key is not listed If the program list is not correct in Add Remove Programs you can double-click the Uninstall reg file on your desktop to restore the original list of programs in the registry If the program list... Read more

A:Manually removing items from the Add/Remove Programs List

Just a question about this...

When we are supposed to delete the registry key, do we delete the whole folder or just one of the subkeys, because as soon as I did this with Adobe Photoshop 7.0, I have had trouble saving things with it. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/manually-removing-items-from-the-add-remove-programs-list.1176/
Relevancy 29.24%

An IT pro built a system for me using Windows 8.1 and MS Pro Office, which includes Outlook.

In one of my email address the deleted file empties every 2 weeks, while the other addresses (2 others) keep items until I choose to empty the folder.

How can I extend my deleted files to do the same, keeping every email until I empty the folder? In trying to resolve the issue I can't find the "Deleted" file, just a "trash" & "spam" folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Outlook - Deleted Items

Use Autoachiive (Set it up). Set the Trash folder to archive every (whatever number of days you choose). Set it to move the old stuff to whatever folder you choose (give a created one an appropriate name).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/outlook-deleted-items-995890.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, my younger brother laptop is takes a long time to boot up (3:50-3:30min)
Already disabled startup programs/services (not microsoft/graphics related) and tasks but still takes 2:42min

Don't know if is necessary to tell, but is a Sony Vaio VPCEB4M1E with win7 ultimate x64

Using RaceTimer the most time taken was by the "system" services programs, and only 30-35 for user program

Bitdefender didn't detect anything, but mbar detected 2adware files
I'll leave bellow which program log data

Thanks in advance

PS: I didn't delete anything besides the mbar found adware

A:Laptop slow boot, must be a virus, already stopped unnecessary startup items

---------------------------------------
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA 1.09.1.1004

(c) Malwarebytes Corporation 2011-2012

OS version: 6.1.7601 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64

Account is Administrative

Internet Explorer version: 11.0.9600.17501

File system is: NTFS
Disk drives: C:\ DRIVE_FIXED
CPU speed: 2.527000 GHz
Memory total: 4140462080, free: 1701003264

Downloaded database version: v2015.04.16.04
Downloaded database version: v2015.03.31.01
Downloaded database version: v2015.04.06.02
Initializing...
======================
------------ Kernel report ------------
04/16/2015 17:23:44
------------ Loaded modules -----------
\SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
\SystemRoot\system32\hal.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\kdcom.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\PSHED.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\CLFS.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\CI.dll
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Wdf01000.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WDFLDR.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ACPI.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WMILIB.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\msisadrv.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\pci.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\vdrvroot.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\partmgr.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\trufos.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\FLTMGR.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\compbatt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\BATTC.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\volmgr.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mountmgr.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\atapi.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ataport.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\msahci.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\PCIIDEX.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\amdxata.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\fileinfo.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avc3.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\gzflt.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\msrpc.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ksecdd.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\cng.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pcw.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fs_Rec.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ndis.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\NETIO.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ksecpkg.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tcpip.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fwpkclnt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\vmstorfl.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\volsnap.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\spldr.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\SmartDefragDriver.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rdyboost.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\mup.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\hwpolicy.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\disk.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\CLASSPNP.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Null.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Beep.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\VIDEOPRT.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\watchdog.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\rdpencdd.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\rdprefmp.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Msfs.SYS
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Npfs.SYS
\??\c:\program files\common files\bitdefender\bitdefender firewall\bdfndisf6.sys
\??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Firewall\bdfwfpf.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tdx.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\TDI.SYS
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\afd.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wfplwf.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\pacer.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\vwififlt.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nblocker.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\termdd.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mssmbios.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\discache.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\csc.sys
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dfsc.sys
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\blbdrive.sys
\System... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-slow-boot-must-be-a-virus-already-stopped-unnecessary-startup-items.212018/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello Malwarebytes is detecting malicious items that are recreating The computer is does not appear to be having problems Thank you Second DDS file on next message Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Scan Date Scan Time AM Logfile MBAM-dawk txt Administrator Yes Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Premium Malware Protection Enabled Malicious Website Protection Enabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User Lonnie Dawkins Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time Elapsed hr Malwarebytes items found Malicious recreating by min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Disabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys No malicious Malicious items found by Malwarebytes recreating items detected Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders PUP Optional SearchLock A C Users Lonnie Dawkins AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions madakpajlmcpaodhfbekojajlhbdklol Quarantined a ea a f d af e aa PUP Optional SearchLock A C Users Lonnie Dawkins AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions madakpajlmcpaodhfbekojajlhbdklol Quarantined a ea a f d af e aa PUP Optional SearchLock A C Users Lonnie Dawkins AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions madakpajlmcpaodhfbekojajlhbdklol metadata Quarantined a ea a f d af e aa Files PUP Optional SearchLock A C Users Lonnie Dawkins AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions madakpajlmcpaodhfbekojajlhbdklol metadata computed hashes json Quarantined a ea a f d af e aa PUP Optional SearchLock A C Users Lonnie Dawkins AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions madakpajlmcpaodhfbekojajlhbdklol metadata verified contents json Quarantined a ea a f d af e aa Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Lonnie Dawkins at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - EE D C SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system Hpservice exe C Windows system vcsFPService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpHostW exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files x Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe C Program Files x AskPartnerNetwork Toolbar apnmcp exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX OfficeClickToRun exe C ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Flip Video FlipShare FlipShareService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe C Program Files x Hp Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Mal... Read more

A:Malicious items found by Malwarebytes recreating

UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG.
IF REQUESTED, ZIP IT UP & ATTACH IT
DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Install Date: 4/1/2011 6:59:33 PM
System Uptime: 12/25/2014 12:40:46 PM (222 hours ago)
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard | | 163D
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz | CPU | 2667/1066mhz
==== Disk Partitions =========================
C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 668 GiB total, 16.79 GiB free.
D: is FIXED (NTFS) - 30 GiB total, 3.995 GiB free.
E: is CDROM ()
F: is FIXED (FAT32) - 279 GiB total, 39.101 GiB free.
H: is FIXED (FAT32) - 0 GiB total, 0.082 GiB free.
==== Disabled Device Manager Items =============
==== System Restore Points ===================
RP614: 12/22/2014 3:00:26 AM - Windows Update
RP615: 12/25/2014 9:35:17 PM - Windows Update
RP616: 12/28/2014 10:32:58 PM - Windows Backup
RP617: 12/29/2014 1:32:43 PM - Removed Java 7 Update 67
RP618: 12/29/2014 2:55:44 PM - Removed Java 7 Update 67
RP619: 12/29/2014 3:12:47 PM - Windows Update
RP620: 12/29/2014 11:48:28 PM - Removed Java 8 Update 25
RP621: 1/2/2015 11:01:53 AM - Windows Update
==== Installed Programs ======================
Update for Microsoft Office 2007 (KB2508958)
ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Sprint
Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
Adobe AIR
Adobe Anchor Service CS3
Adobe Asset Services CS3
Adobe Bridge CS3
Adobe Bridge Start Meeting
Adobe Camera Raw 4.0
Adobe CMaps
Adobe Color - Photoshop Specific
Adobe Color Common Settings
Adobe Color EU Extra Settings
Adobe Color JA Extra Settings
Adobe Color NA Recommended Settings
Adobe Community Help
Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Default Language CS3
Adobe Device Central CS3
Adobe Dreamweaver CC
Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2014
Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit 2
Adobe Extension Manager CC
Adobe Flash Player 15 ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player 15 Plugin
Adobe Fonts All
Adobe Help Viewer CS3
Adobe InDesign CC
Adobe Linguistics CS3
Adobe Media Player
Adobe Muse
Adobe PDF Library Files
Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe Photoshop CC 2014
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.6 64-bit
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 64-bit
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.10)
Adobe Setup
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.0
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1
Adobe Stock Photos CS3
Adobe Type Support
Adobe Update Manager CS3
Adobe Version Cue CS3 Client
Adobe WinSoft Linguistics Plugin
Adobe XMP Panels CS3
Adobe® Content Viewer
Agatha Christie - Peril at End House
AOL Uninstaller (Choose which Products to Remove)
Apple Application Support
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Software Update
ASUKABOOK Maker2
ATI Catalyst Install Manager
Bay Designer
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
Bing Bar
Bing Rewards Client Installer
Blackhawk Striker 2
Blasterball 3
Blio
BookSmart® 3.4.4 3.4.4
Bounce Symphony
Broadcom 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter
Build-a-lot 2
Cake Mania
Canon MOV Decoder
Canon MOV Encoder
Canon MovieEdit Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon PhotoRecord
Canon Utilities EOS Utility
Canon Utilities WFT Utility
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX
Canon ZoomBrowser EX Memory Card Utility
Catalyst Control Center - Branding
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Vista
Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy
Catalyst Control Center Localization All
ccc-core-static
ccc-utility64
CCC Help Chinese Standard
CCC Help Chinese Traditional
CCC Help Czech
CCC Help Danish
CCC Help Dutch
CCC Help English
CCC Help Finnish
CCC Help French
CCC Help German
CCC Help Greek
CCC Help Hungarian
CCC Help Italian
CCC Help Japanese
CCC Help Korean
CCC Help Norwegian
CCC Help Polish
CCC Help Portuguese
CCC Help Russian
CCC Help Spanish
CCC Help Swedish
CCC Help Thai
CCC Help Turkish
Chuzzle Deluxe
Citrix Online Launcher
CompanionLink
Contents
Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3
Corel VideoStudio Pro X3
CyberLink DVD Suite
D3DX10
DeviceIO
Diner Dash 2 Restaurant Rescue
Dora's World Adventure
Droppix Label Maker 2.9.3
DVD Menu Pack for HP MediaSmart Video
EasyRotator Wizard
Energy Star Digital Logo
E... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/malicious-items-found-by-malwarebytes-recreating.207845/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello all I have a main PC an LT that is running as I am using it as a media server to my Roku's The LT an PC are networked together an sharing their proper folders via my router which is not a cheap one in getting items Explorer/Network lost menu Network an fairly new an both are running Win Ult For the most part everything works OK but for some reason Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu I keep loosing the LT in the Network menu if the main PC If I reboot the main PC this does not fix this mostly if I reboot the LT I can get it back but most Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu times it can take some time an I wouldn't say it works of the time Now to bring up some interesting points When I loose the LT I also loose the few other things that are on the Network too such as the Network shared printer server When this is happening if I go into the routers http based main programming the LT as well as everything is there If I use the routers Windows based utility on the main PC kind of a software ver of the main access the LT an everything else is there When I open the Laptop an go into quot its quot Network explore menu the main PC along with everything else in the Network is there I have made sure the Network device for the LT is set to stay awake all the time I have gone through an setup dedicated IP address's and ones way out side of anything else an as well done the other proper networking setting for the main PC an the LT My IT guy at work helped me with that For all times I have never quot Not quot been able to access the LT with the Roku systems Which for a lot of this it tells me with my limited knowledge that the LT an router should not be the issue As best as I can tell an I have checked for this nothing else on the network has any conflicting at least IP address From as best as I can tell I haven't shut off any Network scanning services on the Main PC Although I can't say I really know where or how to check for this of if something else did this Also note that this condition stays this way no matter how many times that main PC is rebooted All in all it seems to me again with my limited knowledge that for what ever reason the main PC is either loosing or not checking for things on the network not that I can really say what I mean by that because I don't know of a way to check test for this just more or less the plain to me way to say it So am really hoping someone might have some ideas or things I can check an I greatly appreciate any help I can get Thanks for any help

A:Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu

When this happens next time, check in Main PC if "Computer Browser" service is started. Run: services.msc to get to services.

Run this as admin: Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks

Also, see if this will help Windows 7 Network Discovery Issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374104-network-items-getting-lost-explorer-network-menu.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi My Hitachi Touro TB disk partition got corrupted Originally it was one TB partition with about TB of files One minute it was fine then it came up with quot Need to format hard disk before use quot then it wouldn't even start up The disk is currently mounted in a disk dock The disk wouldn't start up in its original enclosure so there might have been a hardware problem with the electronics of the enclosure which corrupted the drive Now it has partitions GB RAW - Healthy Primary Partition GB Unallocated GB Unallocated I have tried TestDisk but for some reason after about an hour of scanning or so the drive seems to switch off But it seems fine when I'm using Windows software I've tried writing MBR but TestDisk says it can't Should I use something like easus partition manager and set the primary partition back to one TB partition and then use recovery software to recover the files or is table? partition sort Best a to out way corrupted there a better way Thanks

A:Best way to sort out a corrupted partition table?

Sorry to say this, but in every instance where any of my partitions were reported as "raw", that mean that the drive had suffered physical damage. And, in NONE of those cases was I able to recover anything of any of the drives.

I had two fairly new Seagate drives do this to me last year, and in both cases, they were sudden head crashes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/352776-best-way-sort-out-corrupted-partition-table.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Just how the start menu sorts things, is this possible for pinned programs on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate? Or is there an application available that will let me do so?

A:Is it possible to sort pinned programs on the taskbar by most opened?

I think you need to do it manually.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/372152-possible-sort-pinned-programs-taskbar-most-opened.html
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm preparing a Windows image for deployment and there are a number of items I'd like to change on the Start Menu and Taskbar Unfortunately however these Default Items Menu Add/Remove Start are not items convered under the Tarkbar and Start Menu Properties box An out of the box Win installation will have a number of items on the Start Menu by default but we don't want any of themGetting Started displayswitch Remote Desktop Connection Sticky Notes Snipping Tool Calculator Paint Magnifier These icons Add/Remove Default Start Menu Items are different because they aren't 'pinned' but rather held there like a list of recently used items How can I clear this As for the Taskbar the default pinned icons usually include IE Windows Explorer Windows Media Player and perhaps something else but we only want to keep IE available and unpin the rest Despite setting the CopyProfile directive to true in my sysprep unattend file even though I've fully customized the Admin account various Start Menu and Taskbar customizations don't replace the Default User template profile To overcome the pin unpin issue I wrote a script that would run during the user's first logon to do this I can link someone if they need want it Is there an easier way to setup default pinned unpinned items in the Default User profile Update For what its worth I solved this and posted the solution here SOLVED How to Pin to Start Menu Task Bar for Default User

A:Add/Remove Default Start Menu Items

On the start menu you can right click, remove from list.

the taskbar you right click, unpin from taskbar.

As for how to not have them there in the first place, I don't know how you would do that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/83053-add-remove-default-start-menu-items.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I am trying to merge several years' worth of calendar items into a single new PST file for archiving, but when I try to copy many of my calendar items I get this error:
"Outlook cannot copy the items. The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found"

Using advice elsewhere I tried creating and using a new mail profile, but now Outlook just hangs when I try to open one of my existing PST files (the item pane just displays "loading...").

Can anyone advise re. why I might be getting this error when copying calendar items from one folder/PST file to another?

I'm running Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 64-bit in a home environment (using Gmail/POP3).

A:Copying calendar items "operation failed an object could not be found"

Check this MS website & see if that is any help for you.

"The attempted operation failed. An object cannot be found." - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/373565-copying-calendar-items-operation-failed-object-could-not-found.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello Everyone,
Could you please help me for write macro for Count unique total value. i have sheet 1 A names B total Values in sheet 2 i have written the formula in B2 cells. i need to write the formula in vba please find the attachment.

A:Count Unique Items With One Criteria Using VBA

Will column "A" of the uniquevalues sheet already exist or do you need to write the unique values to column "A" first prior to creating the formulas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/count-unique-items-with-one-criteria-using-vba.1154201/
Relevancy 30.53%

I used to get my "main" folder with the sub folder (sent, delete, etc) in alphabetical order. Now They have reversed, they are sorted Z-A, not A-Z. Again, the main folder, I.E. by E-mail address. How can I get this back to sort A-Z?
Thanks

There should be an "office" forum for just Office suite questions, then a Sub directory within that for different versions of Office, just a thought. Many people have questions on MS Office like Access, Excel, Word, etc.

A:Solved: Office 2010 Outlook Sort Order

silverado4 said:

I used to get my "main" folder with the sub folder (sent, delete, etc) in alphabetical order. Now They have reversed, they are sorted Z-A, not A-Z. Again, the main folder, I.E. by E-mail address. How can I get this back to sort A-Z?
Thanks

There should be an "office" forum for just Office suite questions, then a Sub directory within that for different versions of Office, just a thought. Many people have questions on MS Office like Access, Excel, Word, etc.Click to expand...

There is a forum for Office applications , it's the Business Applications forum so I'll move this there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-2010-outlook-sort-order.1153263/
Relevancy 30.96%

Am still using Access 2000. Have a form that (among many other fields) contains fields for Lastname, Firstname, Middle and Sufx. I want it to sort that way when opened. In the Properties, I have the "Order by" set exactly that way (with commas separating each of the fields). It ignores the sort order, and instead, orders the records by ID, which is the primary key. I have tried sorting the table that is the data source (not a query) by those fields, but it does not good; form still orders by the primary key.

Have designed many databases, and none of the others ignore the "Order by". What am I missing?

A:Solved: Form refuses to sort as instructed

Don, I can't help you much with this one as I never use the Form's "sort by", but I would break down the problem.
Check the Record Source.
If it is OK try sorting on one field, if that works add another one and so on.
I have always used a Query for the Record Source and do the sorting in the Query.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-form-refuses-to-sort-as-instructed.1150825/
Relevancy 31.82%

hi there i made this computer my self i made it to play World Of Warcraft when i go onto "can you run it" i am over the recommended but when i play the game i lag a lot and i am playing on the lowest settings with about 11MB of addons running still even with this spec
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 770
RAM: 12GB DDR3
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 GAMING (MS-7816)
PSU: Corsair CX750 ATX
i have enabled OC Genie in the bios settings that is ment to overlock the comp to its safest possible and i use MSI gaming app and Razor Cortex

i have attached Speccy and CPU-Z i dont know what else to add

A:Solved: Can you run it says yes but computer says no (sort of :P)

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Your rig should run WoW on better setting than that, I played it about 6-8 months ago on a similar system (older i5 CPU, GTX570 and 8GB RAM) and could run it on high - ultra most of the time.

FYI - I have flagged your post to the moderators to remove the Speccy file. It was good to list it for information about your system, however it also contains your Windows produce key which you really don't want to be advertising online If you want to edit the file to remove the key and re-upload it fine, however a better option is to publish the report online through Speccy, this will remove that sort of info.

1.In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
2.In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
3.Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

The main potential limitation could be your PSU. The CX series are not good quality and only really any use for basic build using integrated graphics cards, even Corsair say this about them on their websites. You really do need a good quality unit to power a gaming rig. Having said that, the voltages look OK currently in Speccy but could do with a look at them under load.

Do you play any other games?
If yes, do you have similar problems?

Your temperatures look ok for idle temps, but again would be useful to see what its doing under load.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-you-run-it-says-yes-but-computer-says-no-sort-of-p.1153292/
Relevancy 27.52%

We have work on a script that would help reducing tickets raised by disk space issues We just finished to test items Analysis Delete:Please and Disk under [Self-Heal] respond two the Usage "St for the script Deliverables Action Report A report for each server of first-level subfolders [Self-Heal] Disk Usage Analysis and Delete:Please respond for the two items under "St of a given folder e g C or C Users mentioning whether said sub-folder has been accessed in the last days and the size of the folder The idea here is to provide Infra with [Self-Heal] Disk Usage Analysis and Delete:Please respond for the two items under "St a list of folders that are not used anymore e g backup folders deployment temp folders etc Action Delete For folders that are known to be deletable e g temp folder we go in and delete any subfolder where all files are older than days This should provide immediate relief for our disk space alerts IIS Log Cleanup The script automatically finds out where IIS stores its logs and deletes all logs older than days and compresses the whole folder Immediate relief for disk space alerts Usage The idea is not to set this up as a pro-active measure i e in response of a SCOM alert but as a scheduled task running from the SMA server every week The script took minutes to run on the MIMOS UAT servers Parameters and compatibility We have tried to write this script as modular and parametrised as possible so that it could be easily reused by other teams Currently we target only the MIMOS UAT group but the target group provided by SCOM could be added as a parameter The minimum age of the file and all switches to say whether files should be deletes or reported and whether folders should be compressed deleted or reported can all be specified when you call the function The folders to be analysed report or deleted can also be parametrised Currently I target ReportDrives quot C quot quot C Users quot quot D quot quot E quot DeleteDrives quot C Windows SoftwareDistribution ScanFile quot quot C Windows Temp quot Still to do the size expressed in the report is currently in GB plus digits I should at least provide one more digit as most records folders now appear as Parametrise group and drives to analyse the problem here is that the parameter string could become very long As usual none of this is carved in stone and we are very happy to receive actionable feedback Below is the log of the script CheckServersDiskUsage ps and the report which is in an Excel sheet that retrieves data dynamically from the SQL Server DB where we stored it ----------------------------------------------------------------CheckServersDiskUsage ps ------------------------------------------------------ function fn CheckFolderUsage param string Computer string folder int filemaxage Write-Output quot Starting quot if folder EndsWith quot quot -eq false folder folder quot quot output Invoke-Command -ComputerName Computer -ArgumentList folder filemaxage -ScriptBlock param string folder int filemaxage RootDirectories Get-ChildItem USING folder -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue Where-object psIsContainer -eq true -and lastaccesstime -le get-date AddDays - USING filemaxage Select fullname lastaccesstime results foreach dir in RootDirectories size Get-ChildItem dir fullname -Recurse -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue Measure-Object -property length -sum -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue Sum MB size quot F quot -f size serverresult New-Object System Object serverresult Add-Member -type NoteProperty -name ServerName -value USING Computer serverresult Add-Member -type NoteProperty -name FolderName -value dir fullname serverresult Add-Member -type NoteProperty -name AccessTime -value dir lastaccesstime serverresult Add-Member -type NoteProperty -name Size -value size results serverresult results output function fn CheckIISFolderUsage param string ComputerName Logs Invoke-Command -ComputerName ComputerName -ArgumentList ComputerName -ScriptBlock param string computer Im... Read more

A:[Self-Heal] Disk Usage Analysis and Delete:Please respond for the two items under "St

Looks reasonable but no action report attached. The text file is the code. In general its a good idea, the SCOM alert is usually set to happen when its critical. Your trying to prevent that alert, a good idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/self-heal-disk-usage-analysis-and-delete-please-respond-for-the-two-items-under-st.1147905/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello guys, long time again,

I want the search everywhere to function in Cortana again. I saw it work at the beginning of the upgrade but no more.

I would like also to have search everywhere in my Win 10 Start like it used to be in Win 7 but I am not looking to go back (Win 7) to it either.

Cheers,

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility

TSG Sysinfo
==========================================================================================
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8159 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953316 MB, Free - 706351 MB; I: Total - 4769299 MB, Free - 3088751 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

A:Fixing some items in Win 10

Cortana can search your hard drive too, not just on the web. What did you try that didn't work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixing-some-items-in-win-10.1154465/
Relevancy 28.81%

hello i was wondering if there s a way to see a list of all the documents and files that have Recently Items? Downloaded/uploaded Most created downloaded and uploaded onto my pc i had of my computer space free yesterday and i have free today i know i sound weird about it but its just that i had been clearing off a substancial about of things to get to and i dont know what i might have downloaded etc to Most Recently Downloaded/uploaded Items? move it down to especially in one day i ve also been deleting some music folders today but its still at so i m assuming that whatever i may have uploaded from my camera which is where i suspect Most Recently Downloaded/uploaded Items? the bulk of the newly used space came from was relatively big in size would it be in the mru even though i havent opened many of the files and if so how do i get there any help would be appreciated p s i only have a gig computer so i know that one percent of the space isn t really very big but im surprised to take up one percent in what must have been a day even after i ve been deleting lots of old things

A:Most Recently Downloaded/uploaded Items?

Just surfing the net will build up a lot of temp files on your hard drive. I use a program called CCleaner to clear all this junk off my hard drive and typically it will find 50Mb of temp files every day.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75051/most-recently-downloadeduploaded-items/
Relevancy 28.81%

BC welcomes members posting computer related news items they may find However we ask that everyone follow some simple guidelines that Guidelines for news items. Quotation comply with what constitutes fair use under US Copywrite Law Follow accepted rules for identifying the quoted text to clearly distinguish it from any comment Use the BBC quote code a box marked quote or beginning and ending quotation marks Always provide attribution by including a link to the actual source on the WWW Inclusion of the author's by-line and organization in news items is a common courtesy Quotations should be confined to a small portion of the article or text Quoted material Quotation Guidelines for news items. should not be so substantial as to preclude your reader from visiting the original source quoted for the entire contents Under no circumstances should the entire article be posted you may summarize in your own words the content of the rest of the article The news articles appearing on BC s home page are good examples of fair use for members Quotation Guidelines for news items. to follow For a more detailed discussion of Bleeping Computer's Copyrights policy refer to this topic Regards The BC moderators

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30602/quotation-guidelines-for-news-items/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi folks

First of all - thanks for taking the time to read this:-)

I have been directed here from the malware removal section after my lad got his pc infected. We think it is now clean and all ok but he is still getting the odd corrupt image when using the web.
The main one seems to be the logo at the top of this page - see below

Looking at this image and the screen now, the corruption is the same every time too - pixel for pixel.

The full details of what we have done can be found on THIS thread where I was advised to post here.

The graphics card is built in to the mobo on this pc but just about every other image seems to load ok and games play fine so I don't think its that (but willing to be proven wrong)

Any help appreciated - thanks

Julian

A:Please can anybody help sort this out?

The colors etc etc are probably a theme.

See HERE  (allow the video to play for a few seconds...)

and then go HERE for instructions to Remove the Theme....or maybe add another one.....it will be his choice.   

ps. Give the FireFox browser a run.......HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533744/please-can-anybody-help-sort-this-out/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey my problem is quite strange I couldn't find drives & Can't no access desktop hard items any solution and trust me I tried I suddenly lost all stuff from my desktop and can't relaly access my hard drives - mostly C I can run stuff from taskbar also I can run some stuff from D drive although for example I had to go to safe mode to run Malbytes Anti-Malware but I could run battle net without any problems I can't even open C drive - when I do that it says there are no items and after a while the explorer stops responding I scanned the computer already with Malbytes and also SuperAntiSpyware antivirus there was no malware in a sense of harmful ones I mean it found some but it was mostly stuff that I know of and is not really a malware Also right now weird thing happened because I literally didn't do anything I was writing this post and I minimized my stuff and all of my desktop items were there I tried to Can't access hard drives & no desktop items check if it magically fixed but when I tried to open C drive it got stuck like always and after closing the explorer desktop icons were gone again So quick summary - I can navigate through MOST of D drive without troubles entering My Computer clicking D works just fine - I CAN'T enter drive C through My Computer and just left clicking on C - I CAN'T right click ANY drive in My Computer nor ANY folder inside the drives - I can get to let's say C Program Files by writing the path and navigate there easily - I CAN'T load large folders like Diablo III folder or any other heavy game What I think MIGHT be the reason - I had error and I changed the permissions in C ProgramData http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -security error- -account-with-full-administrator-rights d f a- ea - -b fb-e b e e - this was the source I belive I guess that probably is the reason but I forgot to create a restore point so if that could be the case is there any way to change this I can't access C ProgramData poperties by right clicking to change it since it doesn't work anywhere on any drive I would appreciate any help thanks in advance EDIT I was just watching something on my nd display and desktop icons came back by itself at some point if that's any help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533372/cant-access-hard-drives-no-desktop-items/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L655 running Win7 Home Premium. Recently at every startup I get the error message that Toshiba Service Station has stopped working. This led me to run msconfig and disable Toshiba Service Station from running at startup. I also noticed all the other Toshiba items that run at startup and was wondering which ones I can safely disable OR remove from the system altogehter. Here is the list: 

Toshiba Service Station (already disabled)
Toshiba Online Backup 
Toshiba App Place 
Toshiba Button Support 
Toshiba SmartFaceVWatcher 
Toshiba Volume Regulator 
Toshiba Message Center 
Toshiba Flash Cards 
Toshiba Zooming Utility 
Toshiba eco Utility 
Toshiba ReelTime 
Toshiba HDD SSD Alert 
Toshiba PC Health Monitor 
Toshiba Power Saver 
Toshiba Web Camera Application 

Some of these are self-explanatory, but others are sort of cryptic. Any advice?

A:Toshiba Laptop Startup Items

All of the Toshiba addons can be safely removed or disabled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566190/toshiba-laptop-startup-items/
Relevancy 27.95%

for the last 5 days all my folders on my windows 7 desktop have changed to general items, including those in my pictures library, music library, and my document library after I reboot the computer. there is quite a bit of information on this out there and dozens of fixes; sadly, none of them worked. these are my attempts that failed:

http://fixitwizkid.com/threads/how-to-fix-windows-vista-and-7-folder-view-setting-from-resetting.8960/

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-fix-annoying-folder-view-type-problem-in-windows-vista/

http://fixitwizkid.com/threads/folder-settings-frequently-resetting.8779/

can you techies give me anything else to try?

edit: I logged off so my sister could log on to her UA and she goes into the same D: drive where we keep pictures we both use and her UA doesn't exhibit this problem in there or in any of her personal folders

A:how to stop all folders from changing to 'general items' after reboot?

This happens to me also from time to time, using Windows 7 Pro. ?Each account is supposed to save user preferences, correct? If so, is there a disk-cleaning utility that is deleting preference-saving file[s]? I'm asking because that happened to me during my Windows 95-98SE days, and wondering if such can happen within Windows 7. I'm going to watch and learn from the techs here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563411/how-to-stop-all-folders-from-changing-to-general-items-after-reboot/
Relevancy 27.95%

After a fresh install of Windows Pro when I enter msconfig or msconfig exe or enter regedit or regedit exe on the Start menu Search programs and files field the No items match your search continues to be displayed and neither executable is ever shown in the empty panel above This has match msconfig.exe : Start .... search." "No your regedit.exe items never happened after any Windows Pro installation that I can recall so I am totally mystified as to why it is happening now Start : msconfig.exe regedit.exe .... "No items match your search." Win Start : msconfig.exe regedit.exe .... "No items match your search." is installed on Drive C which is on a SSD As far as I know whether Windows Search is enabled does not matter I have had Windows Search disabled for over a year on the previous Win installation because the Event Log constantly reported that the indexing service was disabled and investigation revealed that its indexing file was repeatedly corrupt and had to be re-built which evidently required my input to initiate Eventually I concluded that it was corrupt because Windows Search has a bug so I disabled it entirely PLEASE NOTE that I am not asking for advice about that particular issue Now I use Agent Ransack instead but searching for a program or file has always remained available on the Start menu Please advise

A:Start : msconfig.exe regedit.exe .... "No items match your search."

Is windows search disabled? If so, I would try enabling it and see if it works then.

Otherwise, maybe something on this page will help you:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/search-programs-and-files-on-the-start-menu-doesnt/0685a713-03fa-4f5f-b9f9-cc48b17333bb

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558097/start-msconfigexe-regeditexe-no-items-match-your-search/
Relevancy 28.81%

This is probably something that is simple to answer but in case I screw it up, there could be large consequences so I thought I would check.

I've noticed that everything I've ever downloaded goes into the download folder and it is massing up a lot of storage space. The question is, if I don't need to re-download any of these items, can I delete them without causing system problems?  There is a lot of garbage in there and items I have no idea about but they are taking up a lot of storage space. I would think that anything that has already been downloaded is either installed or has been saved to a file and that anything I delete from the download file wouldn't affect my system operation but thought I would check.

Thanks,

Mark

A:deleting items in download folder

Usually you can just delete those items such as installers for programs. But program installers shouldn't take up
a lot of space. Maybe you have other files there such as music and videos that you either copied to a different folder or
haven't moved or copied to a different folder. When in doubt attempt a search using whatever those file names offer.
Often right clicking on a file and choosing properties will give enough info to help you decide whether to keep or not.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548281/deleting-items-in-download-folder/
Relevancy 28.81%

Okay...I'm game...how do I "unfilter" them... ?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers!

Jann

A:Installed Updates -> 0 items (444 filtered out)

Is this a Facebook-related question?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527977/installed-updates-0-items-444-filtered-out/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have tried all menu items on View in My Computer to arrange the list (Drive C etc.)
It used to be in the order I wanted, then it changed.
It is now: (Details view -  and in "arrange icons by"  I marked  Comments and Show in Groups)

Local Disk (C:)
DVD-RAM Drive (D:)
(a space)
Unspecified_________________________________
(another space)
(yellow folder icon) Shared Documents
(yellow folder icon) (My name) Documents

It used to be that the Shared Documents and my own documents were at top with the Local Disk and Drive D listed last.  I tired Invert Selection on Edit--nothing happened.  I CAN get the drives on the bottom, but D is always before C in the list.

A solution to getting it like it used to be will be VERY appreciated.

As stated, I have tried all I can find.

JShepherd

A:Order of List of items in My Computer

Hello, and welcome to Bleeping Computer

Does the following help?

Change from "Details" to "Tiles"
Arrange Icons by "type" check "Show in Groups"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528989/order-of-list-of-items-in-my-computer/
Relevancy 28.81%

Is there any way to get rid of unwanted items in the system tray? Yesterday I saw an icon resembling what Microsoft sends out to do an upgrade. I clicked on it and after it had installed I realized it was a virus. It disabled my MSE Virus Program. I used Superantivirus to clean my machine and ran it a couple of times. After getting rid of the virus I uninstalled MSE and then reinstalled it again. I ran MSE a couple of times and everything came up clean so I believe the virus is gone. If in the future should this icon appear in my system tray again what area of the computer would I go to get rid of it.

A:Unwanted items in the system tray

Disregard on this request. I found the information. The information how to do this:

To remove an icon from the notification area
Open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Taskbar and Start Menu.

Click the Notification Area tab, and then do one or both of the following:

To remove system icons, under System icons, clear the check boxes of the icons you want to remove.

To remove other icons, click Customize, click the icon you want to remove, click the drop-down list that appears next to the icon, click Hide, and then click OK.

Click Apply, and then click OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528010/unwanted-items-in-the-system-tray/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello the other day Avast blocked several attempts to connect to a malicious URL Using Process Explorer I traced the problem to svchost exe exact spelling On the TCP IP tab under properties for this instance of svchose exe I found that it was trying to connect to some site in the Netherlands This instance of svchost exe was spawned by explorer exe which I Some of Trojan...svchost.exe sort thought was odd Information under the Image tab Path C WINDOWS system svchost exe Command Line C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs Current Directory C WINDOWS Documents and Settings ACCOUNT NAME I tried several tools like Avast boot time virus scan found nothing Spybot found nothing TDSSKiller found nothing Rougekiller Some sort of Trojan...svchost.exe just Some sort of Trojan...svchost.exe scans while using CPU hours later never finished and OTL some info comes up under ZERO ACCESS but I do not know how to use program to clean I finally switched to the administrator account browsed to C WINDOWS Documents and Settings ACCOUNT NAME Local Settings and deleted everything One folder was protected C WINDOWS Documents and Settings ACCOUNT NAME Local Settings Temp Sufnnee this folder contained a folder named SXUSPIK which contained a file wow dll I gained the proper permissions and deleted the Sufnnee folder and its Some sort of Trojan...svchost.exe contents The instance of svchost exe that was giving me problems was gone Its back Avast blocked more malicious URLs winlogin exe has spawned svchost exe which in turn has spawned another svchost exe that is trying to connect to malicious URLs Under image tab Path C WINDOWS system svchost exe Command Line C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs Current Directory C WINDOWS system Please help I would post the OTL log but I will follow your troubleshooting steps once you give them so everything is current Thank You in advance

A:Some sort of Trojan...svchost.exe

Sorry...I reposted under proper forum topic
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493752/trojan-svchostexepossibly-zeroaccess/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493750/some-sort-of-trojansvchostexe/
Relevancy 29.24%

HI,I have items in tool bar area like,AOL,CHECK YOUR PC FOR PROBLEMS,ITEMS FOR SALE,and things that were not there earlier.
I may have download something that should not have done,because now i have two lines in tool bar area but do not know how
to remove them used REVO UNINSTALLER TO REMOVE SOME OF THEM i am at a loss right now,thanks.

HI,I found where the items appear to be but do not know how to remove them they are files&folders on c-drive,now need to know
how to remove them,thanks

A:REMOVE TOOL BAR ITEMS

Hi LOVEMYPC -These tools usually remove most toolbars for you and some minor infections also -FIRST - Close all other open programs prior to running these tools, as they will close and Reboot your computer -Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.NEXT -Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktopJunkware Removal Tool by thisisu?Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.?Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.?The tool will open and start scanning your system.?Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.?On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.?Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.FINALLY -Download TFC by OldTimer http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe to your desktop.Double-click TFC.exe to run it. Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As AdministratorTFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process. * Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. * Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473671/remove-tool-bar-items/
Relevancy 31.82%

Ok, so this virus has been going on for 3 months already and when I play some games like, Saints Row The Third, Fallout 3, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
when ever I launch those games they completely freeze my computer I cannot use CTRL + ALT + DEL  nor  ALT + TAB. Any help would be appreciated.
I do not think it is the drivers because I have already uninstalled all my GPU drivers and reinstalled the new ones.
FRST: Files

FRST.txt   78.93KB
  2 downloads

Addition.txt   50.12KB
  1 downloads

A:I think I have a virus of some sort (Description on what it does in here)

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below.

start

EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin-x32: @Microsoft.com/NpCtrl,version=1.0 -> c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Silverlight\5.1.40416.0\npctrl.dll No File
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-4002090083-1696684404-3651351176-1000\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\...\Chrome\Extension: [fkkcgfbgohboipdhliafmacjnhjbhmim] - https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
S3 EasyAntiCheatSys; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\EasyAntiCheat.sys [X]
S3 MBAMSwissArmy; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys [X]
S3 MSICDSetup; \??\D:\CDriver64.sys [X]
S3 NTIOLib_1_0_C; \??\D:\NTIOLib_X64.sys [X]
U0 SR; No ImagePath
U2 srservice; No ImagePath
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\.exe: exefile => "%1" %* <===== ATTENTION!
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\exefile: "%1" %* <===== ATTENTION!
HKU\S-1-5-19\Software\Classes\.exe: exefile => "%1" %* <===== ATTENTION!
HKU\S-1-5-19\Software\Classes\exefile: "%1" %* <===== ATTENTION!
HKU\S-1-5-20\Software\Classes\.exe: exefile => "%1" %* <===== ATTENTION!
HKU\S-1-5-20\Software\Classes\exefile: "%1" %* <===== ATTENTION!
HKU\S-1-5-21-4002090083-1696684404-3651351176-1000\Software\Classes\.exe: exefile => "%1" %* <===== ATTENTION!
HKU\S-1-5-21-4002090083-1696684404-3651351176-1000\Software\Classes\exefile: "%1" %* <===== ATTENTION!

End
Save the files as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Test your Ram and Hardware.Diagnosing memory problems on your computerhttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computerHardware and Devices troubleshooterhttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/open-the-hardware-and-devices-troubleshooterKeep me posted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579739/i-think-i-have-a-virus-of-some-sort-description-on-what-it-does-in-here/
Relevancy 28.38%

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Peter administrator on PAYROLL on - - Running from C Users Peter Downloads Loaded Profiles Peter Available Profiles Peter Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal 249 been PUP... computer have hacked This May (cdp)-mbam found items. Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com This computer (cdp)-mbam found 249 PUP... items. May have been hacked forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an This computer (cdp)-mbam found 249 PUP... items. May have been hacked entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmwrk uiWatchDog exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell Printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor dlsdbnt exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe BUFFALO INC C Program Files x BUFFALO NASNAVI nassvc exe NovaStor Corporation C Program Files x NovaStor NovaStor NovaBACKUP nsService exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium plugin Pt PtSvcHost exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium plugin Pt PtWatchDog exe Conexant Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW SASrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System vds exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE NovaStor Corporation C Program Files x NovaStor NovaStor NovaBACKUP DR x drdiag exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Dell Inc C Program Files Dell Printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor dlpwdnt exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System vdsldr exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell Printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor dlpsp exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell Printers Additional Color Laser Software Updater dlupdr exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium plugin Pt PtSessionAgent exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmwrk uiSeAgnt exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium plugin TMAS TMAS WLM TMAS WLMMon exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT SAII SmartAudio exe NovaStor Corporation C Program Files x NovaStor NovaStor NovaBACKUP nsCtrl exe BUFFALO INC C Program Files x BUFFALO NASNAVI NasNavi exe BUFFALO INC C Program Files x BUFFALO NASNAVI nassche exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office root office ONENOTEM EXE Carbonite Inc C Program Files x Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Integrated Clock Controller Service ICCProxy exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application ... Read more

A:This computer (cdp)-mbam found 249 PUP... items. May have been hacked

Hi nowliveit,

My name is 4ntim4lw4re and I will be helping you with your computer.  Please allow me some time to go over the logs and i will reply back once I have further instructions.  

4ntim4lw4re

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577715/this-computer-cdp-mbam-found-249-pup-items-may-have-been-hacked/
Relevancy 28.38%

Background info I am using Windows Home Slow installed Internet missing and items Basic Downloaded a free extension or plug-in called History Calendar for Google Chrome users to look for older surfing history months or more and URLs easier Problem Number Not solved Uninstalled History Calendar extension Slow Internet and missing installed items for Google Chrome users SiteAdvisor and WOT not working or displaying in Google Chrome Search results from Google displayed in Internet Explorer and and Google Chrome Slow Internet and missing installed items are highlighted in blue or pastel green colour unless Siteadvisor is shut down Once Siteadvisor is shut down I am blind even though I have WOT In Windows Task Manager gt Slow Internet and missing installed items Processes gt csrss exe unsecapp exe appeared from then on I cannot end the processes HiJack This is missing from desktop MS Office corrupted and cannot be launched A smiley will appear at the bottom page of some of the websites that I visited - - and this smiley will be upright - A partial problem that was solved The smiley problem was solved by installing Avast Free Antivirus The detailed post is available at http www bleepingcomputer com forums t google-chrome-extension-caused-a-problemmalware Problem Number Not solved linked to above MiniToolBox by Farbar and Objlist exe SecurityCheck installed but not showing up nor any trace at all 'The icons don't even showed up on my Desktop' Totally missing HDD faulty Please read http www bleepingcomputer com forums t google-chrome-extension-caused-a-problemmalware page- Present Problem Number probably linked to the two problems above Slow opening of webpages or none at all but fast downloading in the rear background Everything is slow accessing the Internet opening files on the laptop and high RAM usage at percentile Not Responding very common Maybe is Avast Free antivirus that I installed Updates cannot be executed TDSSkiller exe ran and reported all clear No infections of ZeroAccess Should I run Farbar Thank you for your help

A:Slow Internet and missing installed items

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573526/slow-internet-and-missing-installed-items/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have been finding mails that I have not sent in my sent items these are from my account to my account Gmail bounces the mails with a softfail we use DKIM I find these mails coming at all odd times even over the weekend when my pc is down The account is not configured on any other device The mails appear to originate Items Strange found in gmail mails apps : Sent from servers Strange mails found in Sent Items : gmail apps in Argentina etc I have changed my account password twice assuming that my account was configured elsewhere However the problem has not stopped I give below the header of a mail that has just come in my sent items Delivered-To email address removed with SMTP id q csp wmg Mon Apr - PDT X-Received by with SMTP id fj mr Strange mails found in Sent Items : gmail apps wic Mon Apr - PDT Return-Path lt email address removed gt Strange mails found in Sent Items : gmail apps Received from by mx google com with ESMTP id ed si wib for lt email address removed Mon Apr - PDT Received-SPF softfail google com domain of transitioning email address removed does not designate as permitted sender client-ip Authentication-Results mx google com spf softfail google com domain of transitioning email address removed does not designate as permitted sender email address removed Message-ID lt email address removed gt Date Mon Apr From email address removed User-Agent Mozilla Windows U Windows NT en-US rv Gecko Thunderbird MIME-Version To email address removed Subject Job AngeboteContent-Type multipart alternative boundary ------------ Since the problem continues after changing my pw I am now wondering if my machine has ben compromised in some way I have Norton Anti-Virus running on my system which is behind a firewall in my office I have run HijackThis but I now find that they do not analyse logs and refer people to other help sites I have attached the log from my system I hope it is not an error Request some advice Mohan

A:Strange mails found in Sent Items : gmail apps

Greetings Mohan and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. We are going to tackle a lot in this first post. Please do these things.===================================================RogueKiller by Tigzy--------------------Download RogueKiller and save it to your desktopClose all running programsFor Windows 8/7/Vista users right click on the icon and select Run as AdministratorFor Windows XP simply double click on the iconThe program will conduct a prescan and when finished you wlll see Prescan Finished. Please hit the scan buttonClick ScanA report should open and a copy of the report will be placed on your desktop. If not, hit the Report button.If RogueKiller has been blocked, do not hesitate to try a few times more. If it really won't run, rename it winlogon.exe (or winlogon.com) and try againCopy and paste the contents of the report in your reply===================================================AdwCleaner by Xplode - Delete Adware-------------------Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browserDouble click on AdwCleaner.exe, click Run, then select I agree if it appearsClick ScanOnce the scan has completed youi will see Pending. Please check elements you don't want to remove above the progress barClick on CleanConfirm the cleaning and rebooting of your computer by clicking OKYour computer will be rebooted au... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573795/strange-mails-found-in-sent-items-gmail-apps/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, out of nowhere my computer seems to have become infected to the point that I can't access numerous web pages, i cannot get into my poker client (which is very important to me as poker is part of my living) and Hijack this is unable to remove any of the items in its scan (i tried several times and every time it comes back with the very same scan. I am desperate to do something about this as I cannot earn a living and I am already on very thin ice financially. Please help, thank you. 

A:cannot access poker client and hijackthis incapable of removing checked items

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571285/cannot-access-poker-client-and-hijackthis-incapable-of-removing-checked-items/
Relevancy 30.96%

This is a problem that began the evening of my I to I to some a loss Malware computer - how as save at am of have sort December It I am at a loss as to how to save my computer - I have some sort of Malware began while I was on line with Internet Explorer As it happens I was on the Yahoo website Two things are happening First I am getting multiple repetitive warnings that Avast Free has blocked malware The details are different malwares each time but each appears to end in iexplore exe in the description I attach some examples Second the screen goes blank several times I get warnings about the display driver and then I get a blue screen and which says something about a memory dump and then the machine reboots The blue screens usually happen when I am web browsing but not always Also web sites are slow to open Avast Free is up to date Malwarebytes and Spybot find nothing wrong I do get CCleaner alerts that I have over GB of data to clean When I switched to Firefox I still get multiple virus warnings the bluescreens occur as well I also got several blue screens when I was not on any browser I also attach screen shots of the recent Avast history I cannot seem to copy the I am at a loss as to how to save my computer - I have some sort of Malware data as a document I am at a loss as to how to save my computer Dell XPS Windows I was able to attach of the images i have prepared

A:I am at a loss as to how to save my computer - I have some sort of Malware

Here are the logfiles that you asked for.

Thank you !

DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64
Internet Explorer: 11.0.9600.17496
Run by anonymous at 8:56:44 on 2014-12-28
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium   6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.12249.8234 [GMT -5:00]
AV: avast! Antivirus *Enabled/Updated* {17AD7D40-BA12-9C46-7131-94903A54AD8B}
SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: avast! Antivirus *Enabled/Updated* {ACCC9CA4-9C28-93C8-4B81-AFE241D3E736}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k GPSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Security\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\AERTSr64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Wireless\Bluetooth Suite\adminservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\SeaPort.EXE
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Core Update Service\Garmin.Cartography.MapUpdate.CoreService.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\svchost.exe -k hpdevmgmt
c:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\HeciServer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\FWService\IntelMeFWService.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Datasafe Online\NOBuAgent.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\sftservice.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Wireless\Bluetooth Suite\Ath_CoexAgent.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Wireless\Ath_WlanAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k bthsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe
C:\Security\Avast\ng\vbox\AvastVBoxSVC.exe
C:\Security\Avast\ng\ngservice.exe
C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k swprv
C:\Audiovisual & Graphics\Photoshop Elements 10\Adobe Photoshop Elements 10\PSE 10\INSTALLED\Elements 10 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Update\NASvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\DSUpdate\DSUpd.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\TOASTER.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Wireless\Bluetooth Suite\AthBtTray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\COMPONENTS\SCHEDULER\STSERVICE.E... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561235/i-am-at-a-loss-as-to-how-to-save-my-computer-i-have-some-sort-of-malware/
Relevancy 28.81%

Spy bot found the following This was a rootkit scan items found Type Folder Object DATA Location C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft OFFICE Details No scan: Spybot items malicious? these Are admin in ACL Type Key Object E E F- F- fb - -AC BF A Location HKLM SOFTWARE NOS Details No admin in ACL Type Key Object NOS Location HKLM SOFTWARE Details No admin in ACL Are these malicious thanks Ran TDSSKiller - nothing found Ran Rkill - pasted the following kill by Lawrence Abrams Grinler http www bleepingcomputer com Copyright - BleepingComputer com More Information about Rkill can be found at this link http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Program started at AM in x mode Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack Checking for Windows services to stop No malware services found to stop Checking for processes to Spybot scan: Are these items malicious? terminate No malware processes found to kill Checking Registry for malware related settings No issues found in the Registry Resetting EXE COM amp BAT associations in the Windows Registry Performing miscellaneous checks Reparse Point Junctions Found Most likely legitimate C WINDOWS Microsoft NET assembly GAC System EnterpriseServices v b f f f d a a gt C WINDOWS WinSxS x System EnterpriseServices b f f f d a a x-ww b Dir Checking Windows Service Integrity No issues found Searching for Missing Digital Signatures C WINDOWS System drivers mqac sys AM eee bf caeedb a f b d bb NoSig - gt C WINDOWS hf mig KB SP QFE mqac sys AM e fe be d e a faed Pos Repl - gt C WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i mqac sys PM c f cca cf f a c a d Pos Repl - gt C WINDOWS system dllcache mqac sys AM eee bf caeedb a f b d bb Pos Repl Checking HOSTS File Cannot edit the HOSTS file Permissions Fixed Administrators can now edit the HOSTS file HOSTS file entries found localhost www guard com guard com i com www k com k com www hq com hq com com www com com www scan com scan com gratisproben com www gratisproben com namen com www namen com cs com www cs com www sexlinks com out of HOSTS entries shown Please review HOSTS file for further entries Program finished at AM Execution time hours s minute s and seco ran ESET online scanner C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Adobe AIH a e f d f eb da e GTB exe Win Bundled Toolbar Google D potentially unsafe application C Documents and Settings Tom My Documents Downloads CCleaner TSV WD bc e a de a d ccsetup exe Win Bundled Toolbar Google D potentially unsafe application Thanks for taking a look Virus Total scan of requested file HA a b aedb b ecc da c df b fc cc f c eab f a File name mqac sys Detection ratio Analysis date - - UTC months weeks ago Trusted source This file belongs to the Microsoft Corporation software catalogue The scan said that this file was scanned before I was confused on that one I never been to the site before File identification MD eee bf caeedb a f b d bb SHA a df cc cde a f ab af e a d f SHA a b aedb b ecc da c df b fc cc f c eab f a ssdeep HhCEa yjjwn GrRiDxdvXdF xwVgADXWOcFaPnKKd KpSzklHBr XhCEa yjjw eZF xfIXWpaPKKdlSzqH authentihash d ac e aa c d c d fae dbbe e cd fe f f b imphash ecd e d fd ef a f File size KB bytes File type Win EXE Magic literal PE executable for MS Windows native Intel -bit TrID Win Executable generic Generic Win DOS Executable DOS Executable Generic Autodesk FLIC Image File extensions flc fli cel What started my inquiry was an alert i received saying my system was infected call Microsoft and it gave a number I do have malware bytes and ran it Found PUP CONDUIT something something Did removal So I started using my other tools to see what else may be a problem Did another Malware scan and found PUP again Removed again So I started using my other tools to see what else may be a problem Ran all the other tools in the order described above i would upload my screen shot however i cant seem to figure out how

A:Spybot scan: Are these items malicious?

Hi there,Those entries that you mentioned do not appear malicious.Type: FolderObject: DATALocation: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\Details: No admin in ACLType: KeyObject: {E2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\NOS\Details: No admin in ACLType: KeyObject: NOSLocation: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Details: No admin in ACLThis just means Spybot found that those keys lack permissions. This may or may not be malicious (some keys do not have permissions, and they should remain so). Since TDSSKiller found nothing I'd say it is ok to leave them be.* C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a => C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_System.EnterpriseServices_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_4.0.0.0_x-ww_29b51492 [Dir]This is legit.Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:* C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mqac.sys : 91,776 : 06/22/2009 06:48 AM : eee50bf24caeedb515a8f3b22756d3bb [NoSig]+-> C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB971032\SP2QFE\mqac.sys : 91,776 : 06/22/2009 06:30 AM : 9229e191fe206628be17d1e67a5faed9 [Pos Repl]+-> C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\mqac.sys : 92,544 : 04/13/2008 01:39 PM : 70c14f5cca5cf73f8a645c73a01d8726 [Pos Repl]+-> C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mqac.sys : 91,776 : 06/22/2009 06:48 AM : eee50bf24caeedb515a8f3b22756d3bb [Pos Repl]Can you find and upload this file to VirusTotal? After that copy and paste the result link here.C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mqac.sys
As for the Hosts file, that's ok. Those entries are added by Spybot S&D's Immunize feature to prevent you from accessing malicious sites.On a side note, Spybot Search & Destroy is no longer recommended due to its poor performance. There are two better alternatives: Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579644/spybot-scan-are-these-items-malicious/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,

I would be much obliged if someone could take a look at my previous post, submitted yesterday. It took me a couple of weeks to respond with the reports, so perhaps it was overlooked.

A:My previous post regarding some sort of infection

I will look here.. don't know how we got lost/http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576244/some-kind-of-junkware-is-mangling-my-computer/#entry3706768I will close this one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578427/my-previous-post-regarding-some-sort-of-infection/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have noticed items appearing in my internet history that I have not visited, including medical websites, news websites, websites about home improvement e.t.c. There are also several entries which simply appear as a string of numbers, like an IP address. I am the only person using the computer, and I can see new items being added to the history that the browser has not been on. It only seems to affect Internet Explorer, and not any other browser. Is this caused by malware, or is there another explanation? 

A:Items appearing in internet history that I have not visited

Why are there websites in my browser history that I’ve never been to?Browser showing URL's I have never visited when manually typed inUsually when a computer is infected with malware there most likely will be other obvious indications (signs of infection) that something is wrong. Is your computer exhibiting such signs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574972/items-appearing-in-internet-history-that-i-have-not-visited/
Relevancy 23.65%

Suddenly the Recent Items list accessible from the Start menu is showing the first items in some large alphabetical list of items accessed in the past Previously it had been showing the most recent I'm sure I think in alphabetical order which is the way I understand it's intended to work Now for example if 15 Recent Items showing first rather recent 10 than most I empty the list and then access files beginning with the first letters Recent Items showing first 15 rather than most recent 10 of the alphabet in order the th doesn't show up at all even though it was the one most recently accessed When I look in Users user name AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Recent the entries are sorted by date in descending order so that the file beginning with the th letter is at the top even though it doesn't even appear in the Start menu Recent Items list I first noticed this problem after I found a PC Magazine article on the best free software downloaded a bunch and installed three BinaryFortress fileseek IObit Uninstaller and SlimWare SlimCleaner I expect that one of them made some subtle registry tweak which I have to change back I'm least suspicious of fileseek and most suspicious of SlimCleaner My hunch is based on the degree of utility function each is alleged to have Any ideas Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379922-recent-items-showing-first-15-rather-than-most-recent-10-a.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,
I have an issue with Exchange 2003 ebd mailbox. Here's a summary of what I wanted to do and a brief description of the problem:
The server has 2 mailbox stores, Just going to call it Store 1 and Store 2. Store 1 has a approximately 80 mailboxes and Store 2 has about 20 mailboxes. I am trying to move 20 mailboxes from Store 1 and Store 2. I am using the Mailbox Move Wizard to do this task. During the process, it failed halfway as the number of corrupted items exceeded my threshold of 100 corrupted items to skip.
I've tried to run an off-line defrag but the defrag failed to run. It took sometime to move to 1% and then it will fail and abort the job.
Instead of me having to go to 20 workstations to export the mail to .pst and then reimport them back into exchange, is there a way for me to repair the corrupted items on the ebd level?
Please advice.

A:Exchange 2003 edb mailbox corrupted items repair

You will need to dismount the store with the corrupted mailboxes in then run eseutil /p followed by eseutil /d and then isinteg to rectify the problems. For reference - here is a good article on ESEUTIL and ISINTEG. If you get stuck running these commands please ask for more guidance.
May be this article will give you more information. http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/itanswers/how-to-make-the-database-grow-in-size/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2003-edb-mailbox-corrupted-items-repair.1154961/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

As of late, I've been getting this message every time when I start up windows, I had scanned before and after but nothing really comes to the surface regarding the message. Is this an internal issue? If so, what steps are there needed in going to resolving this matter?

Thanks in advance!

A:Preparing to delete from discovering items, is this a virus?

Perhaps you installed a PUP (Potentially unwanted program) that is causing these messages? I myself have never seen anything as you describe,have a look in your control panel/uninstall programs and see if anything is hanging around that you don't want there.If this is a message within Windows itself,rather than a 3rd party utility,it is very possible you have come into contact with some form of malware that your antivirus wasn't able to stop,you could try free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for a deeper scan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380234-preparing-delete-discovering-items-virus.html
Relevancy 31.39%

unresolved Hi I'm having a really weird problem for some reason videos will not work at all on of sort play Cannot any video/media my computer right now this includes Youtube videos WMP VLC Spotify or even gifs Youtube videos will appear to load up but will never start playing VLC will open but will stay on and interestingly whenever I try to play something in any browser it will completely crash that tab I have no idea what could be causing this so I tried Cannot play any sort of video/media updating my gfx card drivers and updating java but that didn't work I also had the same problem last night but it disappeared when I turned my PC back on today but after a few hours it has re-appeared any suggestions Also I should mention that I was having problems with my PC suddenly turning off yesterday which I thought was probably my PSU I feel like they are probably not related but I'll mention anyway Specs G Skill GB x GB DDR Mhz RipjawsX Memory Kit CL - - - V Coolermaster Silent Pro W Modular PSU - Single V Rail with A LG E S-BN LED LCD quot VGA Monitor WD GB quot SATA-III Gb s Caviar Blue Hard Drive - RPM MB Cache Fractal Design Define R Pearl Computer Case Cannot play any sort of video/media Cooler Master Hyper EVO mm TP-LINK TL-WN ND Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter Logitech G Wireless Gaming Headset Asus M A L-M USB Motherboard Socket AM Up to GB DDR USB uATX Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse AMD FX Black Edition Core Processor GHz MB Cannot play any sort of video/media Level Cache MB Level Cache Socket AM W Retail Boxed Asus GeForce GTX DirectCU II OC Nvidia Graphics Card GB GDDR PCI Express HDMI DVI-I DVI-D DisplayPort Nvidia D Vision Surround Ready Seagate Barracuda inch TB RPM MB GB S Internal SATA Drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/cannot-play-any-sort-of-video-media-1041713.html
Relevancy 22.79%

No, I didn't stutter.

I'm wondering if there is a way to batch delete all the user-pinned items that show up when I right-click, say, the OOffice Writer user-pinned icon on the task bar, revealing all my user-pinned documents (as well all the recently opened non-pinned docs)?

I know I can delete them individually, one-by-one, but I'm wondering where they're listed, say, in the registry or in appdata, or something, that would allow me to delete them all at once.

Clear as mud? Here's a pic:

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/380816-can-i-batch-delete-user-pinned-user-pinned-task-bar-items.html
Relevancy 28.38%

I have created a custom windows 7 pro image through audit mode and then sysprepped it.  Upon new user login, I notice that the three default taskbar items (IE, WMP, Explorer) are still there.  How can I get rid of these with a gpo/p?
And yes, the CopyProfile tag is set to true in my sysprep.xml file.
Thank you.

A:Remove default pinned items from taskbar with gpo/p

This script works.
'Credit goes to Eric G. for writing this script.
'More info at http://frontslash.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/removing-internet-explorer-and-windows-media-player-from-taskbar/#comment-178

Option Explicit

Const CSIDL_COMMON_PROGRAMS = &H17
Const CSIDL_PROGRAMS = &H2
Const CSIDL_STARTMENU = &HB

Dim objShell, objFSO
Dim objCurrentUserStartFolder
Dim strCurrentUserStartFolderPath
Dim objAllUsersProgramsFolder
Dim strAllUsersProgramsPath
Dim objFolder
Dim objFolderItem
Dim colVerbs
Dim objVerb

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objCurrentUserStartFolder = objShell.NameSpace (CSIDL_STARTMENU)
strCurrentUserStartFolderPath = objCurrentUserStartFolder.Self.Path
Set objAllUsersProgramsFolder = objShell.NameSpace(CSIDL_COMMON_PROGRAMS)
strAllUsersProgramsPath = objAllUsersProgramsFolder.Self.Path

'Internet Explorer
If objFSO.FileExists(strCurrentUserStartFolderPath & "\Programs\Internet Explorer.lnk") Then
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(strCurrentUserStartFolderPath & "\Programs")
Set objFolderItem = objFolder.ParseName("Internet Explorer.lnk")
Set colVerbs = objFolderItem.Verbs
For Each objVerb in colVerbs
If Replace(objVerb.name, "&", "") = "Unpin from Taskbar" Then objVerb.DoIt
Next
End If
'Windows Explorer
If objFSO.FileExists(strCurrentUserStartFolderPath & "\Programs\Accessories\Windows Explorer.lnk") Then
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(strCurrentUserStartFolderPath & "\Programs\Accessories")
Set objFolderItem = objFolder.ParseName("Windows Explorer.lnk")
Next
End If
'Windows Media Player
If objFSO.FileExists(strAllUsersProgramsPath & "\Windows Media Player.lnk") Then
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(strAllUsersProgramsPath)
Set objFolderItem = objFolder.ParseName("Windows Media Player.lnk")
Next
End If

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/07c56c20-3f56-4191-84c6-fc033f7a8f29/remove-default-pinned-items-from-taskbar-with-gpop?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 27.09%

My items are highlighted in a really ugly lime green, with a few in orange, blue, dark green or purple.
These are REALLY UGLY and there must be some way to get them into something more reasonable (and easier on the eyes).

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2ed8bbfc-c398-472f-8624-f9ace3a6523b/how-do-i-change-the-colors-of-the-items-in-the-pop-up-menu-selection-clicked-on-the-in-the-lower?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 27.95%

I want to make some specific changes to the default Preview Details string for picture files in Windows Explorer. I have found an excellent write-up on how to edit that string using regedit, but the author was only interested in the specific around music. In the attached picture, I show the file properties/attributes that I am interested in placing in the Detail Pane. The current edited string is shown below.

prop:System.Photo.DateTaken;System.Keywords;System.Title;System.Subject;
*System.Photo.PeopleNames;*System.Contact.Location;*System.Contact.StateOrProvince;
*System.Contact.Country;System.Comment;*System.DateCreated;*System.DateModified;
*System.SharedWith

As you can see, some work, others don't. Is there a comprehensive list of these properties and their syntax in the form
(*)System.xxxx.yyy
that one can refer to when modifying the string?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381413-changing-items-windows-explorer-details-pane.html
Relevancy 27.95%

I think the title is pretty much self-explanatory. This is really freaking annoying, and I swear, today it's happening every ten minutes. I have a number of non-library folder locations I use regularly, including one in the normally hidden user application data folders - namely Photoshop Presets - and I really need them to be there in my jumplists at all times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381503-help-pinned-file-explorer-items-periodically-disappearing.html
Relevancy 29.24%

In the 'Start-up' tab of the Windows 8 Task Manager I can see two entries called 'Program'. There are no 'Publisher' details for these two entries and the 'Start-up impact' is showing as 'Not Measured'.

Are these files supposed to be there or are they something to be concerned about?

A:Windows 8 Startup items

I'm sorry, I missed that you said the Properties entry was grayed-out.
Another possibility that might uncover more info...  There is a free tool called Autoruns that identifies programs that are set to start up and run via all the different means (e.g., Startup group, Run keys, Services, etc.).
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
Perhaps it would show more detail for things that are listed in Task Manager cryptically.

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/be02e931-eada-4a49-8f95-2ed47d64be10/windows-8-startup-items?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 29.24%

There are a plethora of files beginning with LEGACY in their title. can someone tell me what they are, their purpose and use, and are they necessary or not? Please!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382404-regedit-legacy-items.html