Windows Support Forum

sort sent items

Q: sort sent items

Using windows 7 and windows live mail. Seems I am unable to sort sent items as needed. Is there a way to sort them by name or a way to change the existing method?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: sort sent items

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: sort sent items

Hello 7up

As far as im aware the only sorting options are under the "search for a message box"

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/180854-sort-sent-items.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Once you have setup your named groups in the Start Menu is there a way to sort them alphabetically? Also, can you sort each item with a group as well?

Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/11596-sort-start-menu-groups-sort-items-within-each-group.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I would like to have all my Start Menu items (pinned and recently used) always be listed alphabetically.

I know and use the setting for "All Programs" but what about the Start Menu itself? How can I set it so that it displays the items sorted?

Thanks!

A:How do I sort Start Menu items?

I don't think you can

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/46238-how-do-i-sort-start-menu-items.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Almost the same problem as here, but instead of the All Programs, I was wondering about the start menu itself.
Thanks, Jason

Relevancy 58.91%

On build 7000, I could do this. But now everytime I try to drag a pinned item to move it to the top (I like to keep my stuff alphabetically ordered), it just gives me the option to open it with whatever else I'm holding it over.

Anyone else notice this and/or know a way around this nonsense?

A:Can't drag items pinned on the start menu to sort them

anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/5036-cant-drag-items-pinned-start-menu-sort-them.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a music folder with 1,440 files and 38 folders and I like to keep the ones I've just added at the top. When I set the folder to sort by Date, it usually takes about a minute for the folder to show fully. The hard drive is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? I don't want to put them all on an SSD (12.5GB).

Edit: I fixed it by changing the shortcut I was using from D:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms\ to D:\Users\x\Music\.

A:Sort by date takes long time for items to show

could you give me more info on your pc

A great way to do this is going to your start menu and at the search typing in dxdiag and hitting enter.

then clicking save all information (this will save it to a .txt file) and copying that information onto here

Thankyou :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/250031-sort-date-takes-long-time-items-show.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hi everyone
I want to know if i can change the default items that appear in the "SORT BY" menu for a music folder?
i mean when i open a music folder and try to sort its items i find these values
(Name , # , Title , Contributing Artists ,More)

but i usually want to sort it by "size" or "rank" , so i've to click the "More" menu item then add the sort values that i want to use ,and then i've to do this step in every music folder.

so i asked if there anyway that enables me to permanently change the sort items that appear in the "Sort By" menu?

A:How to change the default "Sort By" items for a music folder?

Click on Organise > Layout > Menu Bar to enable the menu.
You can then change the way things are sorted and grouped from within the View menu (Sort by and Group By).
Once you've done this, do Tools > Folder Options > View and the select Apply to Folders. However it may not change all of the views as Windows overrides some of them with it's preferred layout.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/206298-how-change-default-sort-items-music-folder.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have this sort is and to how to how the pl difference sort datasheet tables-what assignment for school I think I did everything except the step number and it seems I do something wrong or not sure about that How to SORT THE DATASHEET in descending order and how to Sort YOUR TABLE in ascending order Is there difference how to sort quot your table quot and quot the how to sort datasheet and how to sort tables-what is the difference pl datasheet quot Also in step they are asking to close the datasheet view without saving changes does it means I just right click on the table and quot close it quot how to sort datasheet and how to sort tables-what is the difference pl Sorry for my explanation but it is difficult for me to explain this things and ask right questions I attached the steps I have to do I believe I did everything except the step and I have Access Create a Database named YOUR NAME DRIVERS Create a Table in DESIGN VIEW Define the following fields as follows FIELD NAME DATA TYPE DESCRIPTION DRIVER ID AUTONUMBER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER FIRST NAME TEXT DRIVER'S FIRST NAME LAST NAME TEXT DRIVER'S LAST NAME AGE NUMBER DRIVER'S AGE No decimals COUNTRY TEXT DRIVER'S COUNTRY OF ORIGIN USE TAB OR ENTER KEY TO MOVE how to sort datasheet and how to sort tables-what is the difference pl FROM ONE AREA TO THE NEXT ONE Create a Primary Key on the field DRIVERID SAVE YOUR TABLE AS LOCATION CLICK ON DATASHEET VIEW TO SEE TABLE ENTER THE FOLLOWING DATA DO NOT TYPE DRIVER ID-AUTONUMBER WILL DO IT DRIVER ID FIRST NAME LAST NAME AGE COUNTRY MARIE GRAHAM GERMANY LOUIS BENNETT UNITED STATES ARMAND ORTEGA VENEZUELA CARL GILMORE UNITED STATES JOSH GONZALEZ BRAZIL SILVYA KELLY UNITED STATES TRENT YOUNG AUSTRALIA LAWRENCE LAKIND UNITED STATES JEAN LAMARQUE FRANCE FIX COLUMNS WIDTH DOUBLE CLICKING BETWEEN COLUMNS HEADINGS also at the end Sort your table in ASCENDING ORDER by FIRST NAME Add the following record TYPE YOUR First and Last NAME Age Country UNITED STATES Click SAVE Sort the datasheet in descending order by LAST NAME Write down the Last Name entry for the first record that is listed Create a filter to show all Drivers from UNITED STATES Write down how many records were in the resulting datasheet and then remove the filter Use the Find command to find all records with AGE Write down how many records you found Write the information from steps and in a word document and save it as Sort Filter Find Your name answers Close the Datasheet View for the Location table without saving changes CREATE A QUERY Use the QUERY-DESIGN VIEW Create a Query with all records that meet the following criterias Age above and Country of Origin United States Show all fields and sort in ascending order by Age Hint Add Table and Select the all fields Double-click on each field Below the AGE field select ASCENDING in the Sort cell and in the CRITERIA cell TYPE gt above For COUNTRY OF ORIGIN in the CRITERIA cell type UNITED STATES - SAVE QUERY AS AGE amp COUNTRY CLICK ON DATASHEET VIEW TO SEE QUERY or Run QUERY AUTOFIT COLUMNS SEE SAVE and EXIT Access Submit the following files The Word document Sort Filter Find Your Name answers and

A:how to sort datasheet and how to sort tables-what is the difference pl

Hi florida2001. When you set up your table did you create a field for each item?. In other words do you have a field for 1st Name & a new field for Last name & a new field for each of the others.
If you do have separate field for each then for your (9) answer Select the Last name field & click the Filter icon from the Home view & sort descending order order. This should give you the name in the first record closest to Z.
For (11) answer Select the Age column & then in the Home view Select the Binocular icon, it will ask you to find what, so type in 32.
Hope this helps. I also use Access 2013.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/327708-how-sort-datasheet-how-sort-tables-what-difference-pl.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am running windows xp media edition on a dell dimension I am having trouble with internet searches being told that I am infected and that I should download from a link Of Sort Some I Don't But Have Think. Know Virus What Think I Spyware I I Sort, A to cure it and windows security saying that it is not set to automatic updates When I check in control panel the automatic updates are set as they always have been but the icon on the lower right of my desktop says that my computer is at risk due to auto updates being turned off When I try to carry out a google search using mozilla firefox usually nothing happens as if it is taking hours to carry out the search I know very little about viruses and am afraid to do much without expert advice as I don t wish to do further or irreparable damage to my system I have run deep scans with nod spybot s d vundo exe and lavasoft ad-aware all of which get rid of things which soon come back Please help me with this as I have very little idea what to do for the best thank you

A:I Think I Have A Virus But I Don't Know What Sort, Some Sort Of Spyware I Think.

Hello and welcome. Please Run theses 2 scans and post back their results,thanks.S!Ri's SmitfraudFix Please download SmitfraudFixDouble-click SmitfraudFix.exeSelect option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htmNEXT:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146990/i-think-i-have-a-virus-but-i-dont-know-what-sort-some-sort-of-spyware-i-think/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello Guys,

Got around to installing Windows 7 on my home desktop and laptop. Am rather impressed with everything compared to Vista (speed, etc) but have one big annoyance - the taskbar.

I have my taskbar set to traditional mode where each window gets its own taskbar item (ie if I have 4 Firefox windows open, I have 4 Firefox taskbar items show up). I also don't use the Pin functionality as I dislike it.

In <=Vista, every time a new window opened, it would open to the right of the taskbar. In 7, it likes to group applications of the same type (Firefox for example) together. Any way I can get it to revert to how <=Vista did it?

I also have the same problem with system tray icons.

Best Regards,
Craig Brass

A:Taskbar Items / System Tray Items - Open in Order

Hi Welcome to SF,

You could try this,

Right Click on Task Bar > Properties > Task-bar Buttons > From the Drop Down select Never Combine

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/50462-taskbar-items-system-tray-items-open-order.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I had dark green selected item color and it partially transferred to Windows 10. My colors of Taskbar etc are turned on. I chose dark gray color of Title Bars, Taskbar etc., through the Personalization menu. But I can't find where the color of selected items can be chosen? If I re-install Windows 10 clean, how will I customize it? Also, I'm not very satisfied now on the upgraded version, cause not all selected items are green, some are whitish-blue, and also when I hover over items they are blue too. This is how my Total Commander looks after the Windows upgrade:

I wanna get rid of blue tabs here, can I do it? I read this article Inactive Title Bar Color - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums and was able to change my inactive title bars. I don't see any option there for selected and hovered items, can I create it?

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/57015-how-do-i-change-colors-selected-items-hovered-items-win10.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all,

I'm trying to delete items in my "Sent Items" folder (861 items), but it's not displaying any of the items in the folder, Outlook Express says that the possible cause for not displaying the items is because of low disk space and/or low memory. How may I access the items and delete them? Or is there another way to delete the items without accessing the folder? Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 42.14%

I have Steam, RDP, VLC, Notepad all pinned to start menu, they all have 'Recent' sub-menus. The items in the Recent sub-menus for Steam and RDP do nothing. I click on them, get the circle for half a second and that is it. VLC and Notepad "Recent' sub-menu items open without issue. I tried unpinning Steam and RDP, and still the 'recent' sub-menu items do not work. I can go to Start>All Programs>Steam and click on any game I want and it opens without issue. Just not from the 'Recent' Steam sub-menu. Stumped on how to resolve this.

A:Recent items under Start Menu items, not working

Quote: Originally Posted by JustWatching

I have Steam, RDP, VLC, Notepad all pinned to start menu, they all have 'Recent' sub-menus. The items in the Recent sub-menus for Steam and RDP do nothing. I click on them, get the circle for half a second and that is it. VLC and Notepad "Recent' sub-menu items open without issue. I tried unpinning Steam and RDP, and still the 'recent' sub-menu items do not work. I can go to Start>All Programs>Steam and click on any game I want and it opens without issue. Just not from the 'Recent' Steam sub-menu. Stumped on how to resolve this.

When did you notice the issue for the first time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377917-recent-items-under-start-menu-items-not-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Not sure what ive done wrong but i believe i renamed my email adress account linked to my windows 10 login (which in turn has renamed the user folder name) now whenever i try to move a file or folder from example (Download folder) to my desktop i get this error popping up stopping me from doing so.

Also trying to edit any file or folder outside of desktop gives me this error

Any ideas or help would be useful please

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43593-unable-drag-items-move-items-desktop.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have recently had to have Windows 7 reinstalled. Since then my jump lists hardly contain any items. The max No. of items is set to 20, but they never get anywhere close.

Now I have discovered that my Recent Items folder

C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items

is only keeping items from today and yesterday, and these items are the only ones that appear in my jump lists.

How can I set the Recent Items folder to keep items for longer?

A:Recent Items folder not keeping items more than 48 hours

Right click on the empty area of Start Menu, choose Properties, at bottom change the "Number of Recent Items to Display in Jump Lists" up to maximum 60.

On my installs I also set Downloads as a link, Computer and Control Panel as a Menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/290241-recent-items-folder-not-keeping-items-more-than-48-hours.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I had this annoying problem. I finally found the fix and thought I would share it.

How to Fix “Copy Items” & “Move Items” Dialog Box Cut-Off Problem in Windows? - Tweaking with Vishal

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/24826-how-fix-copy-items-move-items-dialog-box-cut-off.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently uninstalled several versions of norton including norton 360 and installed NOD32 smart security and NOD32 antivirus as well as Your Uninstaller 2008! in doing so all nortons features/fixes (saved included)/links/files were removed as well as some registry keys, corrupt files and folders.

Several files and photos appeared in the recent items menu after the uninstalling/installing and fixing broken and corrupt files and removing registry keys (everything that the uninstaller does) was finished its tasks. These files we not opened by me, who was the last on the computer.

does anyone know how items that I did not open suddenly appear in the recent items of the vista menu?

it seems that this answer is a matter of trust now, not just interest.

A:Recent items - mysterious items appearing

Hello Rivista, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Not sure how they may have gotten in there, but you might see if clearing the Recent Items list can get rid of them for you.

Recent Items List - Clear History

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/202189-recent-items-mysterious-items-appearing.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Outlook 2002 -
When I opened my Sent Items folder to locate an email recently sent I discovered that there are no emails in the folder since June 28. It seems that after that day they just stopped being saved.

I have looked in Options to insure the box is checked to save email to sent items folder.

I just finished doing a reinstall of Office and that didn't fix it.

Any ideas for a solution are appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

A:Solved: Outlook Sent Items don't appear in Sent Items folder

Probably an Outlook View setting that got changed.

Try this - Check your Outlook View options - click on the sent folder - then click the view tab (at the top) - then click current view and see what is checked off.

Ensure "messages" or "sent to" is checked.

If it is set to "unread message" then you will only see unread messages.
In the case of the sent folder - all should be already be "unread" and therfore view will not show anything.

Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-sent-items-dont-appear-in-sent-items-folder.481079/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,
I have seen a couple of instances of this but have not yet found a solution,
Basically i have a user who when she deltes an email it does not show up in the deleted items folder.
I have tried her on Outlook 98, 2000 and 2002 (i have now settled back at 2000) and it made no difference. I have also recreated her profile.
Does anyone have any other ideas?
Please help, this is getting very annoying!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-items-in-the-recover-deleted-items-folder.309731/
Relevancy 39.99%

Reference Post Original ThreadDid you set an new restore point also I would like for you to post a hijack this log Hijack this forumthere are some things that Invisible Startup Items In Items Had need to be looked at I am still worried about your VNC program here C Documents and Settings NormD My Documents Download Files VNC vnc- -x win exeI did set a restore point as suggested Hijack log below Thanks AgainLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at Had Invisible Items In Startup Items PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Had Invisible Items In Startup Items Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exeC WINDOWS system crypserv exeC Program Files VLC VLC Bin RtService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files CA eTrust Antivirus InoRpc exeC Program Files CA eTrust Antivirus InoRT exeC Program Files CA eTrust Antivirus InoTask exeC Program Files INtime bin loadrtk exeC Program Files INtime bin ntxremote exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Keys Server sntlkeyssrvr exeC Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files INtime bin rtndsrv exeC Program Files INtime bin rtclksrv exeC Program Files INtime bin rtelsrv exeC Program Files INtime bin rtiosrv exeC Program Files INtime bin rtregsrv exeC Program Files VLC VLC Bin FIOC EXEC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS BisonCam BisonTrayIcon exeC PROGRA CA ETRUST realmon exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Elantech ktp exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Dconnexion Dconnexion DxSoftware DxWare dxsrv exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Documents and Settings NormD Desktop Comp Tools hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www plctalk net qanda forumdisplay php f O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO UltraEdit Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- AA-FD BB AAE - C PROGRA UE TOO UE TOO DLLO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - ... Read more

A:Had Invisible Items In Startup Items

Hi ndzied1,Our apologies for the delay. A new version of HijackThis has now been released, so please download and install the new version. In order to get some additional information please do this in the following way:1. Open Add or Remove Programs via Control Panel and uninstall HijackThis 1.99.12. Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges and it is best to run DSS from your Desktop. 3. Close all applications and windows.4. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and OK the disclaimer.5. When the screen in the image below appears, click Yes and follow the promts to download the new version of HijackThis. Please tell your firewall to allow this download.Note that a shortcut to HijackThis will appear on your desktop and you can run it from there when asked for a follow up log.6. DSS will now scan your computer. If you get a warning from your anti-virus, please allow it as the scan is not harmful.7. When complete, two text files will open - main.txt that will include a HijackThis log<- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized8. Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt in your next reply. If you have any problems with the logs, both can be found in C:\Deckard\System Scanner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101731/had-invisible-items-in-startup-items/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi i have a similar Problem.

I install the Ebay from Ms Store. After first login with my Ebay Name and Passport.
it display the correct Stats on valuations Tile.
But the other Tiles diplays no stats. By clikin o the Tiles " you watching no items" or "They do not offer Items for sale to" or something like that.
Is the ebay app in Beta status? Or whats te Problem?

Thanks

A:Ebay App dont work " watching no items" sell no items

When you launch the Ebay app go to your charms then settings, you'll have an option for "Feedback". This will be the best place to voice your concern about how the app is functioning, or not in this case.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/9002-ebay-app-dont-work-watching-no-items-sell-no-items.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I right clicked two images from the internet and then clicked on Set as Desktop item. These two images now appear as part of any desktop backgroung that i choose. I cant delete them or get them off of my desktop screen. How do I remove these items? Please help!

Relevancy 32.25%

When I bought my DVD burner I also bought a big pack of DVD's. The store is no longer in business and I have no idea what sort of DVD's to buy now. DVD-R or DVD+R. Is there a way to find out? The ones I had have nothing written on them. But the DVD itself says "multi recorder" so does that mean I can use either one?

Relevancy 32.25%

I presently have a 1 Gb stick of RAM on an Asus P4S533 series Motherboard.
I have one memory slot left and would like to put in another 1 Gb stick but the local PC nerds tell me it would be impossible to get and and far too expensive.
How do I find out what "sort" of memory stick I have without having to disassemble the whole PC and rip the creature out of it's slot?
There has to be an easier way than this is surely.
Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 32.25%

Hello hopefully all is well Please help me get rid of a bug when you have a moment Thank you very much Code Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP sort of bug Some SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System Some sort of bug svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C Program Files Roxio Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files WinAntiSpyware WAS Mon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files icrosoft w crtupd exe C WINDOWS RACLE msconfig exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner exe C Program Files Elaborate Bytes CloneDVD CloneDVD exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - Toolbar no name - FB C- - CB - F -E F C - no file O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxWatchTray quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe quot O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher quot C Program Files Roxio Media Experience DMXLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run... Read more

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi folks

First of all - thanks for taking the time to read this:-)

I have been directed here from the malware removal section after my lad got his pc infected. We think it is now clean and all ok but he is still getting the odd corrupt image when using the web.
The main one seems to be the logo at the top of this page - see below

Looking at this image and the screen now, the corruption is the same every time too - pixel for pixel.

The full details of what we have done can be found on THIS thread where I was advised to post here.

The graphics card is built in to the mobo on this pc but just about every other image seems to load ok and games play fine so I don't think its that (but willing to be proven wrong)

Any help appreciated - thanks

Julian

A:Please can anybody help sort this out?

The colors etc etc are probably a theme.

See HERE  (allow the video to play for a few seconds...)

and then go HERE for instructions to Remove the Theme....or maybe add another one.....it will be his choice.   

ps. Give the FireFox browser a run.......HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533744/please-can-anybody-help-sort-this-out/
Relevancy 32.25%

Bought a 300gb IDE hard drive and it was fitted yesterday

BIOS etc recognises it as a 300gb hard drive but Windows recognises it as a DVD-ROM drive

I have taken a screenshot

Link to which is available on request

H drive according to Windows is a SCSI DVD-ROM drive when it should be an IDE HD

Please help what I should do to make Windows recognise it as a hard drive

A:How do I sort this ??

Is the drive jumpered correctly? Check its Master/Slave jumper on the back versus other drives on the same IDE cable. Also go into the BIOS setup and run the IDE autodetection or set all the drives to AUTO.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-sort-this.414326/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi Guys I just spent the day restoring my desktop computer after a power outage scrambled the hard drive I've had the power go out before but it Sort Do UPS What Need? I Of never seemed to affect my computer This time however the computer was very slow to boot up And when it did boot up it was extremely slow when it came to What Sort Of UPS Do I Need? doing anything else with it So I restored my PC using a system image I had created and it works fine now Anyway since this mess I am thinking of buying a UPS but how much UPS do I need I see various UPSs are rating by Watts and KVA so what do I need for a single machine How do I determine the KVA I need Also the stuff that would be connected to the UPS would be one desktop PC it's inch LCD monitor and a DSL gateway modem I have a inkjet printer that is connected to my desktop by USB cable but I have read that you shouldn't connect any printer to a UPS Is that true Anyway any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated BTW My computer specs are listed below Thanks Cricket

A:What Sort Of UPS Do I Need?

I have a APC ES 750 which is rated for 450 watts. I have my desktop, 27" CRT monitor, cable modem and two routers plus my cordless phone system running on my UPS. Normally I draw 134 watts and have 14 min run time.
I have a laser printer and it draws too much power to run on my UPS.

http://www.amazon.com/APC-BE750G-Sav...rds=apc+es+750

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293430-what-sort-ups-do-i-need.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Whenever I include a Hyperlink in a post, when I come to close the page that I've used for it I usually get the Internet Explorer has stopped working etc. which closes just the window of whichever forum I'm on when using IE10 x32 bit - any other tabs remain open.

It didn't happen for the short while when using IE10 in 64 bit mode, so that would narrow it down to Shockwave ActiveX Control add-on - don't think it's Silverlight but so far haven't separated them to eliminate it.

As Shockwave and Silverlight only work in 32 bit browsers, they are needed to see some of the attachments included in the threads.

The only workaround so far when I remember, is to leave that tab open until I've finished on the forum.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

A:Does anyone know how to sort this - 'cos I don't

I've had IE crash on me when opening a new tab before. It can be very frustrating but its not very common.

If it doesn't happen in the 64bit IE it means that a add-on is causing the issue.

See if disabling one add-on at a time to check which add-on is failing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/does-anyone-know-how-to-sort-this-cos-i-dont-718273.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I keep getting multiple quot internet speed quot popups along with a few others My Nod keeps saying its finding stuff but its not fixing it Have ran adaware a few times some of help, sort bug Please got it finds stuff but is not fixing the problem I just ran a HJT log Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe D Program Files lg fwupdate fwupdate exe D Program Files Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe D Program Files Nero Please help, got some sort of bug Nero InCD InCD exe D WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE D Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Eset nod kui exe D Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe D WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe D program files steam steam exe D Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe D Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE D Program Files GetModule GetModule exe D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe D Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe D Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe D Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe D Program Files Eset nod krn exe D WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D WINDOWS system HPZipm exe D WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe D Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe D Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE D Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe D Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar RefresherBand Class - B BA E-FB B- - C -DC F E - D PROGRA YREFRE YREFRE DLL O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot D Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run LanguageShortcut quot D Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe quot O - HKLM Run LGODDFU quot D Program Files lg fwupdate fwupdate exe quot blrun O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SecurDisc D Program Files Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe O - HKLM Run InCD D Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run XboxStat quot d Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe quot silentrun O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run nod kui quot D Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKLM Run nmapp quot D Progra... Read more

Relevancy 32.25%

Came across this while working on my movie collection, and I will give a specific example. I have the Transporter trilogy. On my computer "Transporter" comes AFTER "Transporter 2" and "Transporter 3" (.mp4 files). I created folders with the same name and they sort in the correct order, but for my all my video files "abc" comes AFTER "abc #"

A:Sort by: Name bug(?)

What do you get if you click Sort by name a 2nd time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/126404-sort-name-bug.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi I m using Windows XP I recently upgraded to broadband and at the same time I updated all my security software I don t know whether I have this - sort help Hjt please log me out! some sort of Trojan virus malware or whatever or whether all this updated security stuff Hjt log - please help me sort this out! is fighting it out among themselves Whatever is going on my computer is providing a wonderful playground and I can barely use the thing It takes forever to load even after I got rid of a lot of the startup stuff Internet Explorer has gone nuts too AVG is trying to update Hjt log - please help me sort this out! day and night even though I have set a time for it to update once a day Would someone please check my log and head me in the right direction to fix this mess Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C PROGRAM FILES AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRAM FILES SUPERANTISPYWARE SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files InterMute SpySubtract SpySub exe C PROGRAM FILES JAVA JRE BIN JUSCHED EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files AOL waol exe C Program Files AOL shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Topspeed aoltpsd exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com info hho-hp-music-cpqdesktop-icon O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie d... Read more

Relevancy 32.25%

G'day I believe I may have a bug of some sort I'm not computer wise so as such I do not know what sort of bug may a some I I bug have of believe sort my Pc has encountered all I can do is give a brief description I believe I may have a bug of some sort of the problems I'm having The first thing I noticed several months ago was an internet connection problem mainly with E-bay The message I keep receiving is The Connection to the server was reset while the page was loading This message problem has become worse over time This is not the only problem I am having I have lost the control of my Rom drives they use to start automaticly but now I have to start them manualy when I place a DVD or CD in their drive My Pc also seems to have changed a lot of settings I believe I may have a bug of some sort which I have not done I also found that within regedit amp gpedit msc that there was nothing configured I have also lost the Administration rights When I use to start Windows it started as the Admin Now the Pc starts up with my name with Admin privilages I have tried to run the DDS program times for this posting but my pc freezers after only a few seconds and I have to force shutdown the pc Now a brief description of my pc amp what I have done to try and resolve all my Pc's problem's My OS is Windows XP Pro SP I'm running Trend Micro Internet Security as my AV and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro not yet registered I have been looking at the forums and have tried some of the suggestions but with luck I have tried a number of Anit root kit scans like trend root kit buster and Trends house call I have also tried Malwarebytes Anti root kit scanner tried Tdsskiller Roguekiller which did find some things amp I deleted If someone can Please give me instructions on which software program's to use so I can send a log text for your perusal Sorry I could not send a DDS log And Please be patient as with a reply to any answers to this post there is a hour's time difference from the US to Australia Thank You for your time and efforts on this matter Dan

A:I believe I may have a bug of some sort

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.  which did find some things & I deleted.  Nice - and how shall I now know WHAT has been removed? o.O  Scan with FRST in normal modePlease download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop: FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties)Run FRST. Don´t change one of the checkboxes and hit Scan. Logfiles are created on your desktop. Poste the FRST.txt and (after the first scan only!) the Addition.txt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508702/i-believe-i-may-have-a-bug-of-some-sort/
Relevancy 32.25%

When you move files from one folder to another, if you have it sorted by name, Vista will automatically put the files in ABC order before you refrest the folder. Previous versions of Windows kept the files at the end of the list until you refreshed. Anyway to stop this feature?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sort-by-name.583723/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi by the way (first post )

Basically I didnt know where to put this.

My computer has been running very slowly with consistent 50% CPU usage...

Dont know whats wrong with it, wondering on the steps I can take to sort it out.

I guess starting with some kind of process log for you guys to look at?

Any help would be appreciated..

Ant

A:Please help me sort this out..

Generally is it good to provide more details about your computer and your OS. One quick place to start is always the Task Manager (check out this link on wiki Windows Task Manager ). To see what process is using the most CPU. If you find that out, report back with more details on your system so that someone can help you figure out your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-sort-this-out.139142/
Relevancy 31.82%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS HELP! log sort! Hijack this please new, help - i'm System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON GHOSTS EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exeC Hijack this log - please help sort! i'm new, HELP! WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Hijack this log - please help sort! i'm new, HELP! system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Telstra Cable Login bpcable exeC PROGRA INFOVC FRAG REMOTE exeC WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC WINDOWS System LMSAL HS EXEC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exeC Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS System ubylqwy exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Diz Folder hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar www google com auR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google com auR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http searchweb com passthrough index ht www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com auR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL www google com auR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar www google com auR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google com auR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google com auR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant www google com auR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant www google com auR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch www google com auR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - D-D - C - E - BF - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO savecamp - BBF E - DE - AD -B - D EBDF - C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc eggs amen dll file missing O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar trayfastup - C - F -E B - C- A F C - C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc eggs amen dll file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run BigPondCable quot C Program Files Telstra Cable Login bpcable exe quot rO - HKLM Run ScrBrowse C PROGRA INFOVC FRAG REMOTE exeO - HKLM Run P P Networking C WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exe AUTOSTARTO - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run ... Read more

A:Hijack this log - please help sort! i'm new, HELP!

Your log shows that you are seriously behind on windows updates. It is essential that you update your windows before we continue to help you as the infections could reoccur. Go to http://www.windowsupdate.com and if it asks to install software, let it. Then click on the Scan link and let it do its thing. When its done you will see on your left a section called critical updates. Click on that section and install everything that you can. When it prompts you to reboot, do so. Then repeat this process again until there are no more critical updates listed. Then post a new log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2193/hijack-this-log-please-help-sort-im-new-help/
Relevancy 31.82%

Heya I really hope y'all can help me I have some Sort? Of :) Some Infection PC problems and honestly not even sure what they are I have used malaware removal which successfully removed items including antivirusxp I am trying to install Infection Of Some Sort? :) McAfee total protection and my PC will not allow me to do so It has shut down all of my anti-virus software previously Norton and will not allow me to even log in to the McAfee website I am at my wits end and would prefer not to do a system recovery but may end up doing so I suppose I am not very smart with this computer stuff but am a fast learner I did get a log for you as I do think I still have a few trojans and other Infection Of Some Sort? :) fun stuff on my PC Here you go for your viewing pleasure Thank Infection Of Some Sort? :) you in advance for all your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXEC WINDOWS ALCMTR EXEC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC PROGRA HELPAN HPQ XPXWWPP plugin bin pchbutton exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http safesearch cyberdefender com smallsearch htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http my juno com s sp r al amp cf sp amp mp N PL amp O AR - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLLO - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLLO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot c Program Files HP AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Upd... Read more

A:Infection Of Some Sort? :)

I appreciate all the help I got *rolling eyes*. I understand y'all are busy but seriously 11 days and no help. Sheesh. That's awesome. I just did a full destructive system recovery. Yippee for me I lost everything so really THANK YOU for all your help. I would have actually been one to donate money for your services too.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162303/infection-of-some-sort/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi you please But Bet try sort can't annoyance!!! this a fella s ok these are my pc woes I have XP Pro on my machine thinking about changing to XP Home any comments But I digress I HAD three Bet you can't sort this annoyance!!! But please try partitions One for the OS and Programmes one for Data and one for a Bet you can't sort this annoyance!!! But please try ghosting back up file I accidntally backed up to the wrong drive and hello my partition s have vanished Grrrrr So anyway I have lost all my data whahey never mind I ll live through that After all as my darling understanding husband says Well it s only s and s you know But the other things that are happening are when I try to install the latest version of MSN cos it wont let me stick with the old one It wont let me sign in tells me I have to update I get an error message when I click on the setup file Error Invalid drive D D was the name of my data partition Some other programmes I want to uninstall can t tells me there is an error and mentions the D drive also Now I did click on Intermediate for my PC understanding level but I feel that may be a little ambitious lol So layman s speak would be fantastic Thanks fella s blessings Mike nbsp

Relevancy 31.82%

Hey everyone long time no post Problem one Yesterday I opened my computer and before I got to the login screen I was redirected to a screen with options such as quot Safe Mode quot and quot Start Windows Normally quot No matter what option I go for the computer restarts and returns back to that screen - creating a loop Before this screen appears I am told that my disk drivers failed or something sorry but I don t remember the exact words and I should put my system CD in I assumed it meant my Windows Setup CD which I later found out was correct Sooo my sister had to reformat the of sort Some looping computer re-setup Windows Problem fixed But today I log on and the same loop appears but this time I just quit the Windows Setup Problem fixed for now Question One Could this Some sort of looping loop dilemma have been avoided the first time By just quitting the Windows Setup like the second time Question Two I have a feeling that this will happen again can this loop be permanently fixed If so how Problem two FIXED Thanking you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 31.82%

Hey guys, got a virus problem I hope you can help me with. It changed my desktop, always brings up popups (with no IE/firefox opened) and will keep changing my window that is active (like alt-tabbing or something). I remember from last time I was here I need logs or something, so let me know the programs and i'll get right on it! Oh also when I try do a virus scan, it COMPLETELY skips the first 10% or something, which is the c:\documents and settings\admin folder, and won't give me access to that. Any help would be great, thanks!

A:Some sort of virus or something.

Hi Cyniper !

Follow the "HJT - 5 steps against malware" link in my sig. Read the instructions carefully and go through the 5 steps process. Post your final logs in a new thread in the HijackThis section where our security analysts will review them. Please be patient as that section is very busy and it may take several days before you get an answer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/some-sort-of-virus-or-something-199322.html
Relevancy 31.82%

right so my main problem is i keep getting a Ive Sort, Some Seen. Of Infection Something Not typ eof pop up that appears Infection Of Some Sort, Not Something Ive Seen. as a new tab in my mozilla firefox browser that resizes the Infection Of Some Sort, Not Something Ive Seen. browser It appears about once every seconds Help of some kind would be appreciated I keep running spybot S amp D yahoo anti-virus HJT and ad-aware and they all give me different things The most curious thing is in spybot S amp D it says i have several CoolWWWsearch infections but when i run the CoolWWWsearch shredder program it says i have and it is updated Again help would be appreciated thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS mfcvg exeC WINDOWS IA command exeC WINDOWS system HPConfig exeC Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities HPWirelessMgr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files HPQ One-Touch OneTouch EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator Infection Of Some Sort, Not Something Ive Seen. DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files RAM Idle RAM XP exeC Program Files Browser Mouse mouse a exeC Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com home ytieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com home ytieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com home ytieO - BHO no name - B -C - - A F- B FD BF DA - no file O - BHO no name - B-A F -D A-A F- B CDF C - no file O - BHO no name - EF - B A-FBCC-AAF - C D A B - no file O - BHO no name - FA -FBD -B C- EF- EA F DB - no file O - BHO no name - A E - F- C - B- F EDA A B - no file O - BHO no name - B FEA A-D C- DD -AAEB-D C B BD - no file O - BHO no name - DAA B C- DEC-B D - - AFF B AA - no file O - BHO no name - BED - D B-BBC -B E - D E - no file O - BHO no name - EF A -D CC- D - B - C D ED - no file O - BHO no name - C AF A- FE-EBE - E E-D B AE D CE - no file O - BHO no name - E -F F -DE D-DBD - FD FE - no file O - BHO no name - A B- B E- AB- B -F BFEE D C - no file O - BHO no name - B - B E-FCF - - B EEBCC F - no file O - BHO no name - CB -CAF - AEB-D F- C C AD - no file O - BHO no name - CF E- D - CE-A - EC D C - no file O - BHO no name - E F C C-F -E E - B -E D A DD E - no file O - BHO no name - F C - AB - E -C - FECE B D - no file O - BHO no name - F E BD- C - - -F B F - no file O - BHO no name - F A - ED- E - - E D AE - no file O - BHO no name - FA E B- D C- - - C B B B F - no file O - BHO no name - FA C B - -B CD- C C- A E CE E - no file O - BHO no name - FEE FFA- -EF - -A AB B CD - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run ATIPTA atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run QT HPOT C Program Files HPQ One-Touch OneTouch EXEO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run RAM Idle Professional C Program Files RAM Idle RAM XP exeO - HKLM Run LogonStudio quot C Program Files WinCustomize LogonStudio logonstudio exe quot RANDOMO - HKLM Run WildTangent... Read more

A:Infection Of Some Sort, Not Something Ive Seen.

Hello Xojie,Welcome to Bleeping Computer Please download, install, update the free version of Ewido Anti Malware:1. When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".2. When you run ewido for the first time, you might get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.3. From the main ewido screen, click on update in the left menu, then click the Start update button.4. After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful"), exit Ewido and boot into safe mode:Restart your computer, and tap the F8 key on your keyboard. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again. Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, scroll to and select the Safe mode menu item, and then press Enter.Please run HijackThis! and click "Scan." Place checks next to the following entries, if present:O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0B037591-C411-9595-6A6F-7B4FD52BF9DA} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1993427B-A8F4-D25A-A94F-564B286CDF6C} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2874EF24-5B4A-FBCC-AAF3-41C5D6A1522B} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2FA09459-FBD9-B08C-81EF-6EA62F5DB101} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {35A97E16-015F-25C6-446B-7F8EDA6A99B0} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4B7FEA1A-D77C-7DD3-AAEB-D4C63B626BD9} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5DAA3B7C-6DEC-B6D5-9597-81AFF0B315AA} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6BED8566-6D4B-BBC7-B0E2-3177D853699E} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {741EF1A1-D9CC-94D4-0B32-52C18D0ED509} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8C5AF52A-29FE-EBE7-5E7E-D3B62AE9D3CE} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9E454339-F6F3-DE2D-DBD8-5229FD0589FE} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A206270B-3B8E-21AB-50B8-F1BFEE958D1C} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B3203551-0B4E-FCF6-9876-7B853EEBCC3F} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CB758977-CAF4-0AEB-D77F-72C872C933AD} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CF25661E-3D98-94CE-A682-3EC69D69875C} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E63F1C8C-F268-E0E3-67B6-E79D4A5DD48E} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F009C904-5AB7-85E4-C623-5FECE3432B2D} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F3E905BD-8C63-2844-6318-F249B127F566} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F6A21324-06ED-7E12-7314-2E0D9AE90873} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FA50E29B-2D9C-7657-6008-8C8B2B7B481F} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FA97C6B1-9087-B2CD-3C5C-1A0E430CE5E5} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FEE35FFA-5707-EF25-2036-A92AB9B624CD} - (no file)O20 - Winlogon Notify: Applets - C:\WINDOWS\system32\r48s0el7ehq.dllO23 - Service: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Helper ( 11F??#????`I) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\mfcvg32.exe" /s (file missing)O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\IA\command.exeClose all browser and other windows except for HijackThis!, and click "Fix Checked".Also, delete the following files (if they exist):C:\WINDOWS\system32\r48s0el7ehq.dllC:\WINDOWS\IA\command.exeUse Cleanmgr to clean temporary files: 1. Click > start > run and type cleanmgr and click OK 2. Scan your system for files to remove. 3. Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files and Recycle Bin are the only things checked. 4. Click OK to remove those files. 5. Click Yes to confirm deletion.Now open Ewido, click on the Scanner button in the left menu, then click on the Start button. This scan can take quite a while to run, so time to go get a drink and a snack....If ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. You can select "clean" and check the boxes "Perform action with all infections" and "Create encrypted backup" before clicking on OK.When the scan finishes, click on "... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54015/infection-of-some-sort-not-something-ive-seen/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello to all!

I would like some help... When I download a file, a picture etc., I want the downloaded file to be placed at the end of all files in the folder! Not in "front", or at random (see pic below).

How can I accomplish this? (In WindowsXP, files - by default - were placed at the "right place" of the last one, in a folder).

Thanks in advance.

A:Sort order

Right click in the folder, go to View. If auto arrange is on, turn it off, if it's off, turn it on. Hopefully it will give you the opposite effect of what your getting now.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224236-sort-order.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I am just wondering if someone knows what kind of virus is wandering in my computer and how to get rid of it. Anytime I open my browser a Zone Alarm Security Alert pops up saying that the Services and Controller app has violated outbound email rules.
Application: services.exe
Violation: more than 5 messages in 2 seconds
Destination: various
It doesn't matter whether I press allow or deny, another one pops up with a different destination.
So if anyone can help me out on this one then please give me a shout.

Shauna

A:Some sort of virus

If you are seeking help for spyware/antivirus issues, or wish to have your Hijack This log checked, please do not post here!

The Security Center has several sections specifically set up for antivirus and antispyware issues. Please read this post before you submit your question.

The Security Center is staffed with TSF's best analysts - they're the ones who can help you the most with malware related issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/some-sort-of-virus-272290.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello I'm having problems with getting unexpected results while surfing searching the net I was getting pop-ups for a software called WinXDefender Wanted me to buy full version to clean my PC which I didn't I think I got rid of the WinXDefender but my browser Some Infection Sort Of Have is redirecting to unexpected sites I have ran all of the recommended cleaners and my own antivirus program with no luck in cleaning the problem Thanks in advance for any help you can offer Here is a current HijackThis log Logfile of Have Some Sort Of Infection Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS LTMSG exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exeC Program Files SEC MagicTune Client GammaTray exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files SEC Natural Color NaturalColorLoad exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO no name - FDEA C -A -A C- B C-A BD C - C PROGRA COMMON System vd sys datO - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dllO - HKLM Run LTMSG LTMSG exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run SpywareTerminator quot C Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminatorShield exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet keeploaded nodetectO - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXEO - HKLM Run Name of App C Program Files SAMSUNG FW LiveUpdate FWManager exe rO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInitO - HKCU Run LightScribe Control Panel C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe -hiddenO - HKCU Run diskmgr exe diskmgr exeO - Global Startup Color Calibration lnk O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeO - Global Startup MagicTune lnk O - Global Startup NaturalColorLoad lnk O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions presentO - DPF vzTCPConfig - http www verizon net help fios settings vzTCPConfig CABO - DPF ed - eb- d -b f- fdd MeadCo ScriptX Advanced - http www hyosungmotorsusa com CAB smsx cabO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http by fd bay hotmail msn com resources MsnPUpld cabO - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download b... Read more

A:Have Some Sort Of Infection

Hello SilveradoSS,Welcome to Bleeping Computer Please make sure you AVG Antispyware is completely up to date, then please reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:Reboot your computer.After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but just before the Windows icon appears, begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, reboot the computer and try again.Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, scroll to and select the "Safe Mode" menu item, and then press "Enter".Please run HijackThis! and click "Scan." Place checks next to the following entries, if present:R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDEA2C12-A476-A13C-2B4C-A3BD546315C2} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\vd3_sys.datClose all browsers and other windows except for HijackThis!, and click "Fix checked".Delete the following file:C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\vd3_sys.datThen please run a scan with AVG Anti-Spyware:IMPORTANT: Do NOT open any other windows or programs while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning process.Launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab. Click on "Complete System Scan".AVG Anti-Spyware will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.Once the scan is complete do the following:If you have any infections you will prompted, then select the "Apply all actions" button, AVG Anti-Spyware will then display "All actions have been applied" on the right hand side.Next select the "Save Report" button at the bottom.Then select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand corner of the screen and save it as a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important!).Close AVG Anti-Spyware and reboot your system normally into Windows. Please post the contents of the AVG Anti-Spyware report in your next reply, along with a new HijackThis log.How is it running now please? Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128494/have-some-sort-of-infection/
Relevancy 31.82%

Problem description IE closes randomly random popups advertising all sorts of things Also seems to disallow downloading I had to end the process quot ati evxx exe quot before I could download anything so I assume thats the problem source I read around a bit but can't seem to find a way to get rid of it just sites describing the symptoms I already have Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Adamant on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC Sort Some Malware Of - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - Some Sort Of Malware - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as Adamant exe ---------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS Some Sort Of Malware System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Some Sort Of Malware WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirGCFG exeC Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Documents and Settings Adamant Desktop dss exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Adamant exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run D-Link AirPlus G C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirGCFG exeO - HKLM Run ANIWZCS Service C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKUS S- - -... Read more

A:Some Sort Of Malware

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. Please download the OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer. Save it to your desktop. Please double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At20.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At19.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At18.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At17.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At16.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At15.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At14.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At13.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At12.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At11.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At24.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At23.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At22.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At21.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At10.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At9.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At8.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At7.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At6.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At5.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At4.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At3.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At2.job
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At1.job
Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the "Paste List of Files/Folders to Move" window (under the light Yellow bar) and choose Paste.Click the red Moveit! button.A log of files and folders moved will be created in the c:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder in the form of Date and Time (mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log). Please open this log in Notepad and post its contents in your next reply.Close OTMoveIt2If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.================Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScannerClick on Kaspersky Online ScannerYou will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
Now click on Scan SettingsIn the scan settings make that the following are selected:Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
Scan Options:Scan Archives
Scan Mail BasesClick OKNow under select a target to scan:Select My ComputerThis will program will start and scan your system.The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.Now click on the Save as Text button:Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143666/some-sort-of-malware/
Relevancy 31.82%

WLM 2011 won't sort the "to" column alphabetically. Sort works OK with my other columns--subject, size and sent. Any ideas why the "to" column won't sort alphabetically? I've tried a repair. Windows reports that was successful, but it did not fix the problem. Thanks.

A:Sort alphabetically

Quote: Originally Posted by gogreen

WLM 2011 won't sort the "to" column alphabetically. Sort works OK with my other columns--subject, size and sent. Any ideas why the "to" column won't sort alphabetically? I've tried a repair. Windows reports that was successful, but it did not fix the problem. Thanks.

What "to" column?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/171584-sort-alphabetically.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC WINDOWS eHome Think. Some I Ad-ware, Of Sort ehmsas exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXEC Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I L EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I L EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files iPod bin Some Sort Of Ad-ware, I Think. iPodService exeC WINDOWS avp exeC WINDOWS mgrs exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exeC Program Files BigFix BigFix exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC Program Files Kodak Some Sort Of Ad-ware, I Think. KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exeC Program Files K-Meleon loader exeC Program Files K-Meleon k-meleon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system mspaint exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Security HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepageR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exeO - HKLM Run ShowWnd ShowWnd exeO - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I L EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C ... Read more

A:Some Sort Of Ad-ware, I Think.

Hello Bobinashoe and welcome to BC My name is SNOWHITE and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.As I am still in training I will be helping you under supervision of our expert teachers, so there may be a delay between posts. I will be analyzing your log now, and be back with you as soon as possible!Regards,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98989/some-sort-of-ad-ware-i-think/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all, I have a folder of movies, each with their proper titles. However, instead of having sequels listed after the first movies in their series, the first movie will be placed after the other movies. For example, I have X-Men 2, X-Men 3, X-Men Origins - Wolverine, then X-Men. Or The Hangover 2, The Hangover. Why is this happening, since it is in no way logical, and is there a way to correct the issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

A:Help: Sort Order

What does short order mean.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/242076-help-sort-order.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Interesting First I am not a newb but first time posting a log Note I also use sysinternal's now microsoft process explorer and autoruns too Autoruns tells what is starting up on the target system process explorer tells what is CURRENTLY running client computer was using norton security was active with norton did find spylocked and said it was removed Rebooted but still there norton didnt find it second time so did adaware SE It said it was removed rebooted still there Now Spylocked-well Of Sort interesting analysis Process explorer doesnt show anything strange running Neither does autoruns The ONLY thing that shows I still have this virus is that a the screen shot of the fake system alert comes up still BUT it doesnt still show in autoruns and using sysinternals ROOTkitREVEALer NOW to double-check and with regards to the instructions on THIS board Spylocked-well Sort Of on how to remove spylocked here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t how-to-remove-spylocked-and-spywarelocked-removal-instructions a NO apps like spylocked appear on app list on system NONE of the DLL's listed in the article above like fyxkaah dll onwtj dll tahxqcj dll qvjpt Spylocked-well Sort Of dll and oyopu dll as a small subsample appear on the system and yes I checked in regular safe and even safe command prompt mode and I did a dir as as well as attrib filename dll s moreand found NOTHING and look Here is my hijackthis log and HERE's my guess I think it's THIS LINE O - SharedTaskScheduler equiparant - b d fd- f - d - a- de e ec - C WINDOWS system indwvm dlldid you know if you google equiparant it comes up with NOTHING and Gee if you google the dll file name you come up with shock shock Awe Spylocked and adawarejust tried an EXPERIMENT to use hijack this to REMOVE this ONE LINE YES IT worked This was the solution Now it is NOT loaded in memory Hope this helps ALL you folks out there See what experience patience and understanding what logs can do for you Good luck to all of you in the future

A:Spylocked-well Sort Of

Hi,

So I assume this issue is resolved?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93287/spylocked-well-sort-of/
Relevancy 31.82%

Well here s my explanation Trojan? Sort Some of of what s going on I usually use Google Chrome as my default browser and last night it started giving me a weird certificate error for every single site I regularly visit like Facebook and Twitter I attached a Some Sort of Trojan? jpg to show what it looks like I figured this was the sign of a virus or something so I ran Some Sort of Trojan? AVG Free and Malwarebytes as well AVG came up first with instances of a virus titled Trojan Horse Generic r AWX in my Google Chrome exe and it was unable to remove both of them Malwarebytes detected the same thing A different website suggested to delete malicious files in my registry so I did and now the virus is a Trojan of a different name It seems to be jumping around all my different web browsers and Some Sort of Trojan? the count increasing AVG also started detecting different Trojans in windows files Chrome doesn t open a variety of sites now Firefox is so slow I can barely run it and AVG is detecting the virus in my Internet Explorer files I am unable to remove these on my own Below is my HijackThis log and DDS reports Thank you so much for your time Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www alienware com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www alienware com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - b - - a a- e - ee e - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AVG Do Not Track - EEF-CB F- F-AFEB-D E A B BA - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgdtiex dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO SSOIEAddonBHO - DA BCE -D - D - D- F EC F - C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienSense FAIESSO dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run RoxWatchTray quot... Read more

A:Some Sort of Trojan?

I use my computer so much, please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-sort-of-trojan.1055814/
Relevancy 31.82%

If someone could help me out and take a I Of Have Sort Think I Some Virus look at my log it would be greatly appreciated Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS I Think I Have Some Sort Of Virus System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC PROGRA LAUNCH CPLBCL EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files IC Media Corp ICM Launchpad exeC Program Files NETGEAR WG Configuration Utility WG CFG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPager exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC Documents and Settings user Local Settings Temp HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton ... Read more

A:I Think I Have Some Sort Of Virus

If someone could have a look at this i would be eternally grateful, i am having a lot of problems

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73553/i-think-i-have-some-sort-of-virus/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi. I have a problem with the desktop.

I want it so that everytime something news is downloaded or put onto desktop it will immediately put itself immediately below the last file.

Mine can do this problem is everytime it sorts by names ... i am unsure what to do.

Plz help me

A:How to auto sort !

Not sure if i understood you properly but you can try this :
Right click > sort by > Date Modified.
This should and will work IMO bcoz every time u put a new file its date will be greater than the date of the last file so itll automatically "put itself below the last file"

BTW if the file u wanted "below the last file" appears as the 1st file then simply repeat the procedure again.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/67966-how-auto-sort.html
Relevancy 31.82%

My windows folder used to be sorted by number then letter. Now it jumps around. I tried to sort the Icons, but this doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 31.82%

When I went to use the computer it was stuck. It was online. I went to restart it and there was a box that came up that said something like 'someone else is ...' since it was shutting down I couldnt read the whole thing. I still have the modem and hook up through the phone line, not wifi.
Now I am not able to get online, only through safe mode. Anytime I clicked on an icon like my virus protect the computer just sat thinking. I had not dowloaded anything recently. although I did have a free trial period with avast. and i either need to continue with that or upgrade. And I do have the microsoft protection.
Thanks for you help.

A:some sort of trouble

Hello kamibird What is your operating system? For the connection try these...Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Now check if the internet is working again.ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527367/some-sort-of-trouble/
Relevancy 31.82%

My system is Win XP Home with SP The problem started when I read a magazine article about removing the quot Logon Box quot when the system boots up It said you should go to the quot Run Command quot and type in quot Control userpasswords quot That took proplem Please,can for this me. sort someone me to the quot User Accounts quot and on the first page there were two users listed The first was the quot Administrator quot and the second was quot Me quot Which was myself The article then said to click on the quot Advanced Please,can someone sort this proplem for me. tab quot which took me to the second page and to remove the tick from the quot Require users to press CTRL ALT DELETE quot Because the section was already un-ticked I went back to the Please,can someone sort this proplem for me. first page and removed the tick from Please,can someone sort this proplem for me. quot Users must enter a user name and password to use this Computer quot thinking that that would do the trick However when I next booted up the system the quot Logon box quot Named quot Administrator quot asked me for a password and I cannot get any further than this I can get into the system in quot Safe Mode quot Please can someone advise what to do to fix the problem Thank you nbsp

A:Please,can someone sort this proplem for me.

Have you tried changing the logon to your own or running the command again and undoing what was done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-can-someone-sort-this-proplem-for-me.312853/
Relevancy 31.82%

do you d/l window updates.. why???

A:poll>>sort of

Hi Montyq!

Personally i only really download the "security updates" and the service packs for windows. I only do this to make sure i'm on top of all updates and that these supposid security holes no longer exist on my machine. Hope that answers your question.

Kind Regards
Anthony

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poll-sort-of.555313/
Relevancy 31.82%

i have this annoying thing called green av that pops up constinly and will not stop, i also cannot find a location to remove it. just wondering what i can do to make it stop

A:i believe i have a virus of some sort

Hello and welcome please run these next. If you have Spybot installed temporarily disable it.Next run ATF:Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253815/i-believe-i-have-a-virus-of-some-sort/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello I am a new user so if I am posting this in the wrong place I apologize in advance A few days ago I discovered I could not reach any websites with my browser I could connect to the internet check email play online games and use instant messenger but not get to any websites I always got the message that IE could not display the webpage I contacted my provider and they advised me to uncheck the proxy server boxes in my settings I did that and I was able to get to websites again However everytime I reboot the computer I can t get to websites again The proxy server boxes automatically are checked each time I boot up the computer and I have to go in and uncheck the boxes every time I tried going to Micro Trend Housecall and Windows Update and I got error messages at each site and could not use either one I have run McAfee virus scan AdAware this an sort? of infection Is some Spybot Search amp Destroy Spybot found myway mywebsearch and removed it but I m still having the website problem upon rebooting Nothing else Is this an infection of some sort? was found This has never happened before so I can only guess I have some other Is this an infection of some sort? kind of infection Any help finding and removing it would be greatly appreciated

A:Is this an infection of some sort?

We need to disable Spybot S&D's "TeaTimer"TeaTimer works by preventing ANY changes to the system. It will attempt to undo any fixes we run, because it blocks these fixes from running.In order to safeguard your system from problems that can be brought on by a half finished fix, we need to disable TeaTimer. We can reenable it when we're done if you like.Open SpyBot Search and Destroy by going to Start -> All Programs -> Spybot Search and Destroy -> Spybot Search and Destroy.If prompted with a legal dialog, accept the warning.Click and then on "Advanced Mode"
You may be presented with a warning dialog. If so, press Click on Click on Uncheck this checkbox:
Close/Exit Spybot Search and DestroyPlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.36) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222601/is-this-an-infection-of-some-sort/
Relevancy 31.82%

don t know how to take this off but i m going to don't know of have I sort what infection i reload windows Right I will try to be as accurate as possible the I don't know what sort of infection i have scenario is I was on the net st April computer froze and I rebooted I don't know what sort of infection i have then found that Firefox or IE would not display any pages Pinged Google and all was fine and then did a network diagnostic and windows reported a error I disabled Zone alarm and used windows fire wall and everything was fine then I ran all the malware programs I know off and anti spyware and then ran a virus check no virus but two items of malware everything seemed fine until I then switched to my wife s account and nothing would work start button not working no processes in task manager short cuts missing etc reboot computer and whichever account you first log on to works the other does not Have also done a repair of window using my slipstream disc but no joy still the same Have also tried deleting account and putting them back on Before I do a Clean install and even maybe wipe the hard drive can anybody help Dave ps I have also done your check for cornficker and its fine don t know how to find what virus you have forgot to mention have tried system restore to no avail oh and it s running xp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216364/i-dont-know-what-sort-of-infection-i-have/
Relevancy 31.82%

"Sort by name" is missing in the menues. Has any one a solution .

Thanks.

Relevancy 31.82%

I'll try to make this is simple yet detailed as I with it?! sort know I'm or what how but infected, to don't possible - but I apologise now I'm not immensly computer I'm infected, but I don't know what with or how to sort it?! literate I have included images to help explain the problem s I'm not sure if it is important to know but I am using Windows XP My computer wasn't very well protected so today I was advised to download Avast anti-virus I downloaded it and ran a scan The scan picked up two or three problems and I asked on a different community what it meant and how to deal with it The few answers I got were vague and uninformative The scan found this problem I was advised to delete them so I have done this since I also got this twice The first time it came up I I'm infected, but I don't know what with or how to sort it?! did restart the computer and allow for a 'boot time scan' but it came up a second time my friend clicked 'return' on the keyboard so I'm assuming she told it to 'Ignore' the problem I was linked from the other community to another thread on this board and suggested I download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware software I did this and followed the instructions given in the thread This is the post I followed I ran another scan with my Avast and it detected the following problems that were moved to the 'Chest' I also ran the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware software and here is a copy of the log Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack mbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Quick ScanObjects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats fd ed - c - bbc- e -f f d a Adware Solutions - Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CLASSES ROOT videoplay Trojan DNSChanger - Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE zango Adware Solutions - Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected C resycled Trojan DNSChanger - Quarantined and deleted successfully Files Infected No malicious items detected Please can anyone tell me how what to do and what this problem is Thank you in advance

A:I'm infected, but I don't know what with or how to sort it?!

Please update mbam and select FULL ScanRun the scan, Remove selected and rebootPost the log for review

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201476/im-infected-but-i-dont-know-what-with-or-how-to-sort-it/
Relevancy 31.82%

Sorry for reviving this topic, I just found it while looking through the internet for solution. Please forgive me.It seems that I'm infected with a similar malware of sort on my other computer and I need help fixing it. I tried system restore but it says the only good restore point is, from my guess, when the computer got infected and I can't move to previous month or anything before that. I'm just wondering if anyone willing to help me out in providing me an alternative solution. I don't think I have my Window XP installation CD, if I do it is probably hidden somewhere in my room so I'll try looking for it. So I hope you guys can help me. Many thanks.{Mod Edit: Split away to new topic,PM~~boopme}

A:malware of sort

Hello Valtiel and welcome to BC

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista etc.?

Do you have any security programs on your computer, if so what are they?

Have you run any of them, if so, can you post the logs please?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130455/malware-of-sort/
Relevancy 31.82%

Every time I open a folder, this pops up It sure isn't normal and I think some sort of spyware is trying to print my folders online or something...I use Windows XP Home Edition SP2

A:Have some sort of infection

Any folder or just a certain one?We can do a scan to check and make sure----------------------------Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185104/have-some-sort-of-infection/
Relevancy 31.82%

I seem to be infected wiht some sort of Trojan whihc occasionally McAfee finds when I boot my computer up. Even after blocking it I still get persistent pop ups and annoying free spyware adverts. Can anyone help?

A:Some sort of trojan

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182459/some-sort-of-trojan/
Relevancy 31.82%

One laptop I use (WinXP pro, running AVG 7.5) has been experiencing erratic behavior. Everytime I connect to the internet and have Internet Explorer running, about every 2 to 5 minutes I get some stupid pop-ups. A new window opens, sometimes to a dating site, sometimes to one of those fake antivirus programs and one time (after searching for a local pizzeria) to a webiste with a bunch of local phone numbers for totally unrelated services. I have the popup blocker turned on, so I'm not sure what's going on, other than some stupid infection. This behavior started after visiting myspace. Is this a trojan or virus? I didn't find anything out of the ordinary running in the processes list.

A:What Sort Of Infection?

Hello and welcome. Please tel us a few things.
Is this an XP system or another?
What are your Antivirus,Antispyware and firewall?
Have you scanned anything from safe Mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165380/what-sort-of-infection/
Relevancy 31.82%

Greetings!

I have a 250Gb IDE drive that I use to just keep usless stuff on. It came out of my old XP box. I see my 500Gb sata drive fine .. obviously since I installed Vista on it. When the box boots it sees the IDE drive and device manager see the IDE drive too! Alas when you open windows explorer up you do not see that drive at all!

I don't get it! I checked the DMA settings and it is enabled for each of the channels.

I'll keep google-ing in the mean time!

Thanks in advance!

A:IDE Drive sort of not seen

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Disk Manager

Make sure the drive is active.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/115788-ide-drive-sort-not-seen.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I have the 2 spyware found on my pc everytime i do the spyware scan. How do i remove them?

I use:

Ad-Aware SE Personal,
Microsoft Antispyware,
Spybot - Search & Destroy,
Norton SystemWorks 2005

Please tell me what to fix in the below log, thanks

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Log deleted.

Relevancy 31.82%

Hi All,
This excel spreadsheet was made by someone else and I was wondering how come you cannot sort column E?
It is a excel spreadsheet for a elementary school chess club.
How can column E be sorted or how does the spreadsheet need to be changed to work?
Thanks in advance walk12

Relevancy 31.82%

I have some sort of virus on my computer and after running a virus scan over night in Safe Mode using AntiVir it found a few problems, all of which I either quarantined or deleted. I tried to get back onto my PC in normal mode and the virus continued to send stuff to my contacts on MSN and stop me from going on the internet. I then went into Safe Mode with Networking to try and get an update on my AntiVir which proved impossible. It wont let me get an update, it says:

"The following error is occured on trying to start the update:

Scheduler not loaded.."

I am now stuck so I have chosen posted a log in the HijackThis forum, but is there anything anyone can suggest may be the problem?

A:Some Sort Of Virus

Once a log has been posted, it is best not to make changes to your system. The people who work the HiJackThis form are very qualified, and this sort of issue is something they deal with on a daily basis.LINK to Prittstick's HJT log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58849/some-sort-of-virus/
Relevancy 31.82%

Okay, my PC is giving me all kinds of hell.

I have the monitor turned on. I hit the power button on my pc, it powers on. However, the monitor still flashes with the "testing screen" or whatever with the color bars floating around. Also, my reset button light is constantly lit. And finally , the lights on my keyboard flash rapidly and never stop until I turn my pc off.

What the hell could be causing this? All wires and plugs are connected properly. Everything is set up as it should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

A:My PC Powers On...Sort of........?

did you recently add any new hardware or software including windows updates
are all the fans spinning especially the CPU fan...before the problem started what ,if any, error messages did you get..give us all the info you know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-powers-on-sort-of.542450/
Relevancy 31.82%

I want some bars, such as Links, Google or Yahoo!Toobar, show in an order I want on Toolbars of Internet Explorer, so I dragged and sorted those bars following my order.

The problem is each time when I open new IE windows, my expecting order disappears. In the new IE windows, those bars did not show following the order I had sorted.

So my question is how to keep those bar showing in the order that I want.

English is my 2nd language, so if you don?t understand any my expression. Let me know.

Thanks.

A:Sort ToolBar

Have you tried VIEW>TOOLBARS>LOCK THE TOOLBARS ?

Peter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sort-toolbar-55441.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all, I remember reading in a computer magazine about some website that is able to determine an unknown file by entering the name of that file into its text box.
I think it is able to determine what kind of file it is.
The problem is I cannot remember what the website is called.
Can anyone reading this query, come up with the name of this website?
Thanks
Cheers
John

A:What sort of file is it?

Hi, You can use the site posted below, if you know the extension of the file, to see what programs open it and work with it.

http://filext.com/

Is that what you had in mind?

Here is a site that can give you yardfuls of info any kind of file type....you download a text file about which ones you want the info for. Pretty technical but fairly useful if you need that sort of info.

The link goes to the Windows Files list but there are a ton and half more.

http://www.wotsit.org/search.asp?page=2&s=windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-sort-of-file-is-it.538984/
Relevancy 31.82%

I'll be honest...... I have an adult related pop-up.

It is associated with this process:

mshta.exe Microsoft ® HTML Application Host

I have about 30 seconds after I start my computer to end that process or the pop-up starts to come every few minutes. Once the process is ended, I don't get a pop-up again until I restart my computer.

Please help before my wife decides to start my computer one day or let her friend check her email on it or some other disaster.

I have Vista Business.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358876/some-sort-of-dialer/
Relevancy 31.82%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C windows System smss exe C windows system winlogon exe C windows system services exe C windows system lsass exe C windows system svchost exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C windows system spoolsv exe C windows system drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG through help Hijack sort Run and to need MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C windows System nvsvc exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C windows Run Hijack and need help to sort through Explorer EXE C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files BBC News alerts skinkers exe C Program Files ArcSoft PhotoImpression PI Monitor exe C Program Files BT Yahoo BT Yahoo Help bin mpbtn exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navw exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navw exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navw exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser YBrowser exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Run Hijack and need help to sort through C Documents and Settings Stuart Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE KPQFOXQN HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKCU Run Hijack and need help to sort through Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http bt yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http uk red clientapps yahoo com c rch yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com c o bt side html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk red clientapps yahoo com c rch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www couldnotfind com search p unt id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo UK and Ireland R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS System Userinit exe O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - D E B - CE- B-BE B-A B E - C PROGRA SEARCH SEARCH DLL O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO no name - A FDD -A - - - ED E DBBB - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO ADP UrlCatcher Class - F E - E- -BE D-ED A FD DA - C windows system msbe dll O - Toolbar BT Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar YourSiteBar - D C- EFE- f a-AA - A F - C PROGRA YOURSI ysb dll file missing O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Nort... Read more

A:Run Hijack and need help to sort through

I think that this is in the wrong section...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/run-hijack-and-need-help-to-sort-through-37584.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all First time post here so be gentle Hope you guys can help out so here goes the description Machine is a Dell desktop running Windows XP Home SP It currently has Norton Internet Security installed with a valid subscription along with Norton System Works Basic This system is used in a small bookstore and one of it s employees was alarmed to discover have an some I sort Believe of infection that according to a pop-up window the system was infected It was one of those bogus programs the name of which I personally do not know and employee doesn t remember In any case employee ran a handful of tools upon the recommendation of a friend oh joy and thought they had it fixed A few days later they realize that all their google results are crap and clicking on what should be links Believe I have an infection of some sort to whatever takes them to some bladder control drug website That s when they called me It looks like they ran or tried to run based on what I can see and they have told me MBAM Spybot and Combofix although they said when they ran combofix it would hang up and instances of IE would be open in task manager immediately after starting it evidently they where brave and armed with some knowledge and google And don t worry I ve already scolded them for running combofix on their own I can also report that this machine does not boot into safe mode giving BSOD for PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA even with no page file set Also interesting to note is that Norton Internet Security re-enables itself on re-boot even though it s set to be dis-abled for hours What we are ultimately trying to avoid is re-installing Windows as they use a bookstore software called BookLog which lucky us requires some sort of SQL server and shared mapped folders to communicate with the quot server quot a second desktop for cash register functions and inventory bookkeeping Thanks in advance for the assistance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312970/believe-i-have-an-infection-of-some-sort/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello to all Here s what I did I forgot to update the wife s AV on her desktop and she uses Win XP She was surfing Friday evening and some malware got ahold sort up I help Need screwed of of her computer It said it was XP antispyware I did a search on it and found it to be malware It would not let me open up her AV which I run AVG free on everything here I for whatever reason did a system restore on her machine thinking that would allow me to reverse the malware etc and run her AV and get it all up to date It didn t When I go to boot up the computer now it all boots up fine but if I go to click on the AVG Need help I sort of screwed up icon for example then a box pops up saying what program do I want to open the file up with I am not familar with that and needless to say I caught a lot of static for not updating her machine I need some help from you guys on here on what I need to do to reverse the changes that I made to her machine and get it to where I can fix it properly and then maybe I will be out of the doghouse LOL Look forward to you re replies or suggestions Thanks Brian

A:Need help I sort of screwed up

Please have a look at the removal instructions for XP Security Tool 2010, XP Defender Pro, and Vista Security Tool 2010 ( it has many names ). Please post the log from Malwarebytes when complete.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307217/need-help-i-sort-of-screwed-up/
Relevancy 31.82%

hi all this is my problem when i bought my laptop new during setup i remember it asking me if i wanted to partition my hard disk which i did now i have ended up like this vista c mb free of gb local dsk d mb free of gb data e gb free of gb in a previous thread of mine i was told to download and use minitool partition wizard which i did but it wouldnt let me increase c at the detriment of e i run of sort of space!! ive out ended up moving all my photos ive sort of run out of space!! into e which kept me going until now but now im back where i was i tunes is my biggest program with all my music and am wondering if it might be a good idea to put that into e drive but wouldnt know how to do it whats my best way forward from here i am literally open to all ideas if they come with the support from your good selves thanks

A:ive sort of run out of space!!

I don't know anything about the iTunes program but most Windows programs will let you specify where you want to install it. So, you could specify the E drive. Some program files will still be on the C: drive, out of necessity to work with Windows.

So, I would assume you would first uninstall iTunes and then reinstall it specifying the E drive during the installation.

Although inconvenient, you might consider getting an external drive to store your music and video.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298172-ive-sort-run-out-space.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi guys I m new here and I should of Some Trojan Sort? have gotten an account years ago So what happened was all my firefox windows crashed and then spyware doctor said I had a Trojan I didn t get the name so I blocked it-- my screen immediately turned black so I went and force-restarted my computer On the splash screen I got a few error messages and now that I m here I keep getting them They are all in the form of quot exe - Bad Image quot quot The application or DLL C WINDOWS system gilefede dll is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette quot I can t run programs and it s only after I click quot OK quot on the error that my program starts up Most of the Bad Image errors I m getting are from programs I m starting manually but rundl exe not sure if this is the correct spelling keeps popping up as well Additionally I keep getting redirected whenever I click a link from google I don t know what s doing this because it keeps immediately redirecting to somewhere else like yellowbook com Spyware doctor says I have quot Trojan-Clicker VB quot and it s in C WINDOWS system net net I removed it but I m still getting the program errors so I don t think my problem is Trojan of Some Sort? fully resolved I think I am Trojan of Some Sort? also getting popups now but only one showed up so I don t know if it ll be recurring

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293784/trojan-of-some-sort/
Relevancy 31.82%

Quick question:I am running a simple website (Tomcat) I am noticing in my logs that an IP address is re-occurring every morning and all it is getting is one image; this is only in the morning and is at no other time during the day. What I mean is, and I?m only guessing: Can an intruder use this method to detect that your system is still up? I?m always hearing about [bot] farms and stuff and have even read about them. Sometimes, with how rapid things move in the internet world I?m not sure by what means the farmers use to keep track of their workers. Any light on this topic will help a lot. ThanksThis is the general line:71.91.137.1 - - [30/Aug/2008:02:01:31 -0300] "GET /mysite/images/web-page_05.gif HTTP/1.0" 304 is this anything? Or am I being paranoid?

A:Is This An Intruder Of Some Sort?

I guess I didn't ask this question well enough? Not even a hint or response of "yes you are just being paranoid."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166380/is-this-an-intruder-of-some-sort/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi I've come to rely on the friendly and hard working volunteers at Tech Support Forum You have always helped me fix what ever problems I've had and I really appreciate it Well I'm back and need more help I have some kind of mailbot and apparently my pc is sending a ton of random emails behind the scenes My ISP emailed me to say that they would temporarilly shut down my connection if I don't fix it I've tried a couple of thinks but with no help! of mailbot...please sort Some success Please help Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Some sort of mailbot...please help! Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Photodex ProShowGold ScsiAccess exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C Program Files SMART Board Software SMARTBoardService exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Nero data Xtras mssysmgr exe C Program Files Atomic Alarm Clock AtomicAlarmClock exe C Program Files DesktopEarth DesktopEarth exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HJT HJ-This exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO HelperObject Class - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO no name - DCA - B- B F- FF- B E BDB - C WINDOWS system HDBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - f - d - - d f - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SMART Notebook Download Plugin - BCF - FC- - DC -D D E A B - C Program Files SMART Board Software NotebookPlugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Microsoft copyright - ffffffff-bbbb- - fd-a e ab - sockins dll file missing O - Toolbar StumbleUpon Toolbar - EB C- E - AB- -B BA BDC - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AWMON quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD ... Read more

A:Some sort of mailbot...please help!

Hi there.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Download SDFix and save it to your desktop.
Do not do anything with this yet!

Reboot
Reboot your system in Safe Mode.Restart the computer. The computer begins processing a set of instructions known as BIOS.
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8 (dependent on your system this may be F5 or another key)
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
Use the arrow key to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter.

SDBot FixRight click the SDFix.zip folder and choose Extract All,
Open the extracted folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
Type Y to begin the script.
It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.
When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to the Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back here with a new HijackThis log.

Next we'll use ComboFix. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

**Note: It is important that ComboFix is saved directly to your desktop**

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console. This will help us restore your system in the event of a serious crash. It's very simple to complete and will only take a few moments. A quick guide is detailed below.

Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
See here for a guide to disabling AV, Firewall and Anti-malware programmes.

Once you've downloaded the appropriate RC setup package for your system to the desktop, follow these instructions:
Drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it.

Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console.

At the next prompt, click 'Yes' to run the full ComboFix scan.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please post the log C:\ComboFix.txt along with a fresh HijackThis log for further review.

NOTE: Combofix prevents autorun of all CDs, floppies and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you - please let me know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/some-sort-of-mailbot-please-help-254694.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I have windows very recently installed in my Laptop I usually download a lot of softwares from isohunt or thepiratebay etc But immediately my Norton Internet security discovers some sort of virus mostly trojan in it and moves it to quarantine But sometimes I have restored some of these files and added it to required Some Sort ! help of is the exclusion list Later when I discovered that my laptop Some Sort of help is required ! didn't respond well I understood that it was because of these virus and Some Sort of help is required ! then removed it by deleting the file maually I always run frequent scans Eset online scanner superantispyware etc also every time when I scan with superantispyware i find a lot of ad-wares Now I have got a new Internet connection in my house With this connection my wifi is automatically not giving access to the Internet after using for a while This is happening very frequently it remains connected for - mins and then doesn't work Immediately if I disconnect and connect back to the same network through wifi it starts working When it doesn't work if I Ieave it so it remains in the same way and never regains Internet connection back It always requires me to disconnect and connect again This is causing a lot of disturbance At first I thought that this might be the problem of the new Internet connection But I am using the same Internet connection in another Some Sort of help is required ! PC directly through wire connection not wifi The Internet is always continuous and there is no disturbance in the PC So I want to know if this problem is because my PC is infected or is there anything else Awaiting for your useful guidance

A:Some Sort of help is required !

- These Are My Opinions Only - >> So , I want to know if this problem is because my PC is infected or is there anything else  < <.     If you are so silly to knowingly use the Pirated and Infected materials downloaded from these sites, you deserve it .....  You have already said that your computer is always in need of attention due to Your habits, and no-one elses.The main causes for these infections is the operator in control, and not the computer. A Norton Antivirus program will only ever cover half of the infections that are on these sites, plus the fact that you know these sites carry infections and illegal content, but you continue to use them. You may find someone in the Malware Removal area of the forum who is willing to help you Once, but you must stop the use of these sites and reform your methods of downloading the materals / programs that you seem to be hooked on -........................................................................................................................................................ Please read the Preparation Guidefrom Post #6 and then post a new topic in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Please post to the Malware Removal Logs area even if you are unable to produce the requested logs, and an Expert may assist you with removal of the problem - Leave a link to this topic so the helper can read your original problem - Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic. If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs. NOTE : Please Copy / Paste all logs requested, and do not use Attach unless specifically asked - Good luck and be very patient, as the area can get very busy with genuine problems. If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Its Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.  Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502400/some-sort-of-help-is-required/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi I have a Windows x Toshiba Satellite which at one point used to have an OEM version of Windows I ve had it since The hard drive died so I had to get the hard drive replaced and the person who fixed the computer for me also installed Windows again he replaced the hard drive I could do that myself on an ordinary PC I m not so comfortable with the confines of of Is or some see? sort this can't partition something I tiny spaces in a laptop Lately my laptop has developed an issue with Java which I don t think is going to get resolved to be honest It was recommended that I run sfc scannow in cmd exe as Admin Is this some sort of partition or something I can't see? which I did It didn t work it got to stopped and said that Windows Resource Protection wasn t able to carry out the procedure So I thought maybe I should try it in the F menu before it boots into Windows I get there and it shows me the whole system restore repair startup etc menu and I choose command prompt type in the sfc but instead of telling me that it can t do it because WRP can t carry out the procedure it tells me another repair process is underway Which is odd seeing as I hadn t chosen to carry out any other repairs on the system Then I noticed something The prompt showed a drive labelled X not C which is what I would have expected Now I don t know where this X drive is I can t see it in Windows normally and yet when I type dir p w because I was being nosy and wanted to see what else there was on it it showed a few windows directories that is to say Windows Program Files etc and startup exe I type in startup and sure enough it launches what appears to be the installation program for Windows This is delightful I think But I m unsure as to whether or not I can actually use this to re-install windows when I don t actually have a physical hard copy of the Windows OS on me as in I don t have a CD with it on - just for the sake of clarity I can get the key using Jellybean or some equivalent software I shouldn t need to point out that it is a genuine copy - but I will and it is from my current installation of it but I just don t know what to make of this Can it be done and where is this X drive that is so elusive Am I likely to see it in BIOS Is it something I normally wouldn t expect to see in Windows I m really pretty lost on this issue and some help would be greatly massively appreciated So basically Is it safe for me to use this setup program or is it likely to cause more hassle than anything else And How on EARTH do I locate this X drive in Windows normally

A:Is this some sort of partition or something I can't see?

X Drive is a temporary drive created for system repair functions on drive C:.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455743/is-this-some-sort-of-partition-or-something-i-cant-see/
Relevancy 31.82%

Have 14,000 photo's inside 400 folders all are viewed as 'sort by name' on pc, few years back i scanned 500+ photo's and placed them within 5 folders, all my photo's are given the same name as the folder that they are in & the PC will add (1), (2), (3) etc to each one, all was well but recently in one of the 5 folders the photo's will not display in there correct order ie; starts at (17) then (28), (107) & so on, no matter how many times i right click to 'sort by name' they will not move into that order in this one folder, any ideas ?

A:Photo's 'Sort by name'

Have you verified that the file names are exactly the same except for the number in the end?

If you add a simple space, which can be difficult to see, the sort will be different:

picture (2).png
picture( 3).png
picture(1).png

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345162-photos-sort-name.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi,
I am trying to figure out why my Windows 7 looks so weird.
I have the default theme set, I have the latest video card drivers, and latest monitor drivers, and yet it still looks funky, like weird ghost shadows on buttons, the text fonts looks weird and like offffff...
Can anyone please help me out.
here is a screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/t6xx3l0.jpg

A:Why does my Windows look like it's 3d almost sort of not really.

Looks normal to me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369500-why-does-my-windows-look-like-its-3d-almost-sort-not-really.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi guys, recently I just let my laptop stayed overnight cause I was downloading something. This morning, I found out that the menus turned to be invisible - at least not until you scroll and play with your cursor around them. What sort of problem or programme that crashed here ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I used to have this problem a while after letting my computer stayed up though for idk how many days back then when I was using my 8 year old HP laptop. Now my laptop is Dell XPS Studio 16.

Thanks for your time ! ^ ^

A:What sort of problem is this ?

Quote: Originally Posted by Zulletastique

Hi guys, recently I just let my laptop stayed overnight cause I was downloading something. This morning, I found out that the menus turned to be invisible - at least not until you scroll and play with your cursor around them. What sort of problem or programme that crashed here ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I used to have this problem a while after letting my computer stayed up though for idk how many days back then when I was using my 8 year old HP laptop. Now my laptop is Dell XPS Studio 16.

Thanks for your time ! ^ ^

Almost looks like the context menu font color is white? Do you have a recent restore point from before this started? Might be easiest way to fix this. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/98422-what-sort-problem.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I am unable to right mouse click and sort all programs when it is set to Start Menu
However if I cahne it to Classic Start Menu sorting works as it should.

A:Can't Sort All Progams Xp Pro

Hello dneboy and welcome to BC,

Are you logged on as administrator?
Has this problem just started happening?
Have you made any changes to the system prior to the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172847/cant-sort-all-progams-xp-pro/
Relevancy 31.82%

>can open images(i need to open with firehand ember image software)

>there was a time when after the PC load everything on the desktop,
a BLUE SCREEN appeared, it says that i need to disable something on BIOS? or theres an error in win32.sys?(not sure with the extension name)

>when i want to play warcraft, can't create a game, the PC freezes, but if i choose single player, it does connect(this error doesnt exist when i didn't install COMODO firewall and other anti-spywares)

A:Some Sort Of Errors

Next time you get a blue screen, copy down the entire message (including all the numbers) and then post it here. This will help identify the problem.

Have you done a thorough malware check?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87274/some-sort-of-errors/
Relevancy 31.82%

When i turn on my computer, login, some wierd box pops up sayingCould not load or run 'c:\recycler\svchost.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.Is this is big problem and how can i fix this problem?(Moderator edit: added topic description. jgweed)

A:Some Sort Of Problem

Can't help you there, but what is the "recycler" folder, saw that lately. Here is more about svchost.exehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/314056

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71582/some-sort-of-problem/
Relevancy 31.82%

Definitely have some sort of sort Some AD/Malware of issue When I perform searches I get redirected to site that have nothing to do with what I was trying to find Also have tons of pop ups to broken links Something is certainly amiss DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Daniel Getson at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated Some sort of AD/Malware B Some sort of AD/Malware EE - - CDE-A A-DD Some sort of AD/Malware BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology ELService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Daniel Getson Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www cnn com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s uURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - mURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Interne... Read more

A:Some sort of AD/Malware

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please see this >> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ee_disable.gif

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/some-sort-of-ad-malware-439305.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Okay so issues sort All of was having a lot of BSOD's All sort of issues for a while but All sort of issues I eventually narrowed down the issue as to corrupted Windows install files Did a reformat checked the SFC and CHKDSK and everything is peachy BUT One issue that -didn't- get All sort of issues ironed out is the occasional random reset Everytime I get the reset I get an event ID error I figured this was from overclocking a few weeks ago and decided to turn it down a notch but apparently that didn't help much as it's still happening Event IDs are as follows Critical Warning and All of those happened at the same time or just before my computer resets itself I know Kernal-Power Event ID has something to do with power but there's really no way for me to separate all the hardware to figure out what it is Further more replacing hardware is a last priority as I -just- put this rig together Any help would be appreciated EDIT My rig is as follows AMD FX GB R x gb of Corsair Dominator memory ASUS M A FX Pro R MOBO Rosewill CAPSTONE W Gold WD EZEX TB HDD Microsoft Windows -bit

A:All sort of issues

Code 41 simply means Windows was shut down without waring like the power plug was pulled.

Lets get a look at the temps and voltages, a unstable power supply could be the root cause.

D/L and run Hardware Monitor do something intense like a virus scan or gaming for a bit, Alt+Tab back to HWM expand all the trees and use the Win7 snipping tool to grab a screen shot of the HWM window, post the screen shot using the paperclip button in the advanced message box(Go Advanced button).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/all-sort-of-issues-928602.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I think I have some sort of malware because my internet speeds have fallen drastically in the past week and i've changed out some I sort have of think I malware.. my network card and tried a couple different usb adapters to wifi and all of the other pc's in my house work fine Here's the log from DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Carson at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF I think I have some sort of malware.. Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C I think I have some sort of malware.. Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files Logitech SolarApp L Solar exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files x Hi-Rez Studios HiPatchService exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x INTELLINET Common RaRegistry exe C Program Files x INTELLINET Common RaRegistry exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System alg exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe C Program Files x INTELLINET Common INTELLINET UI exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Users Carson AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam LifeExp exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Program Files x Common Files Steam SteamService exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Users Carson AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Carson AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Carson AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Carson AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Carson AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Carson AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Carson AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Carson Desktop HijackThis exe C Windows notepad exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users Carson AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Carson AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report mStart Page hxxp start sweetpacks com src amp st amp crg amp barid E -E A- E -A C- FC F C uURLSearchHooks da d f - e e- ef -b - e - lt orphaned gt mURLSearchHook... Read more

A:I think I have some sort of malware..

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.    Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509014/i-think-i-have-some-sort-of-malware/