Windows Support Forum

Adobe Flash

Q: Adobe Flash

I have Windows 7 64 bit and I am having trouble installing Adobe Flash. I looked on the Adobe site and it tells me to go to Start and select IE 32 bit. I have two programs of IE. One is clealy marked 64 bit and the other should be 32 bit. However no matter which version I select the 'About' states that they are both 64 bit.
I'm not sure what to do now but the bottom line is that I need Flash but do not know how to install it.
Has anyone any ideas please?
Thanks
Dave

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Adobe Flash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Adobe Flash

Quote: Originally Posted by dag1167

I have Windows 7 64 bit and I am having trouble installing Adobe Flash. I looked on the Adobe site and it tells me to go to Start and select IE 32 bit. I have two programs of IE. One is clealy marked 64 bit and the other should be 32 bit. However no matter which version I select the 'About' states that they are both 64 bit.
I'm not sure what to do now but the bottom line is that I need Flash but do not know how to install it.
Has anyone any ideas please?
Thanks
Dave

Try this one..... Good Day !!!

Download Flash Player 10.3.183.5 (IE) - Download - FileHippo.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/181263-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 61.49%

We have IE Say a user goes to MSN com The ad on the right is a Flash object Some of our users will see that object flickering when scrolling up or down on the page or when hovering their mouse over it It's quite annoying Almost all users are running Adobe Flash Player but I think I've seen this happen on systems with Macromedia Flash Player as well Other systems don't have the problem I've seen this happen on one system and not another while both seemed to have the same Flash objects installed Uninstalling all Flash players using Adobe's prescribed Flash Player uninstall tool seems to work at first but users later complain again Note that they just about always end up installing Flash Player again because sites ask for it I don't believe I've seen Adobe Object 9.0.28.0) Flash V. Player (shockwave 9 Using Flash R28 Ie Flickering Flash - Objects - Activex 6 this on any XP systems at all including my own but most of our users have Ie 6 - Flash Objects Flickering - Using Adobe Flash Player 9 Activex R28 (shockwave Flash Object V. 9.0.28.0) Win K Does anybody know why this happens or how to permanently fix it Thanks Hotshot

A:Ie 6 - Flash Objects Flickering - Using Adobe Flash Player 9 Activex R28 (shockwave Flash Object V. 9.0.28.0)

More info: Adobe Flash Player 9, Macromedia Flash Player 8, and Macromedia Flash Player 10 all produce the same result--Flash objects that flicker when you put your mouse over any part of them. Moving Flash objects will flicker constantly while moving and stop flickering when the animation is done. SWF files (at least the one at www.stormwerks.com/linked/stuf/AYB2.swf) work without a problem when using Adobe Flash Player 9.

If I don't have Adobe Flash Player 9 installed, the Win2K machines prompt me to install them for almost any site that uses Flash (I guess most recent Flash objects cannot be viewed with the older Macromedia Flash Players).

Any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84882/ie-6-flash-objects-flickering-using-adobe-flash-player-9-activex-r28-shockwave-flash-object-v-90280/
Relevancy 61.06%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2815 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 940886 MB, Free - 891582 MB; D: Total - 12879 MB, Free - 1571 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2A99
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

My desktop computer is running quite slow, so I am checking all of the software that I have installed to see if something might be causing the problem. Do I need the above items please? I have Foxit Reader and I am running a free Office Suite called Open Office.

Thank you for reading this.

Kind regards

Nanof2

A:Solved: Do I need Adobe Air, Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-do-i-need-adobe-air-adobe-flash-player-and-adobe-reader-please.1110400/
Relevancy 57.62%

A critical vulnerability exists in Flash Player 10.2.153.1 and earlier versions (Adobe Flash Player 10.2.154.25 and earlier for Chrome users) for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris, Adobe Flash Player 10.2.156.12 and earlier versions for Android, and the Authplay.dll component that ships with Adobe Reader and Acrobat X (10.0.2) and earlier 10.x and 9.x versions for Windows and Macintosh operating systemsContinue reading Security bulletin

A:Security Advisory for Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader and Acrobat

This further enhances the point that these software mfg's need to start putting security first when they build their code.

It's completely ridiculous and irresponsible nearly 15 years later after they were all warned about it!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390799/security-advisory-for-adobe-flash-player-adobe-reader-and-acrobat/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

I have Windows Vista 32 bit and from the beginning I have problems opening pdf's from internetsites: my computer suggests that I install the recent version of Adobe what I did (succesfully as adobe says). I tried some of the suggestions I found on the internet: uninstall - install, execute as administrator, change the compatibility to Windows server pack 2, upgrated the internet explorer, but still it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot, Swaantje

A:[SOLVED] problem with adobe reader and adobe flash player

Here is a link to a cool Adobe Reader alternative http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php the program is not even close to half the size of Adobe's Reader.

What type of problem are you having with flash player?

Can you watch a youtube video?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-problem-with-adobe-reader-and-adobe-flash-player-400116.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

My friend recently asked me to help her download some music video flv files from the website MTVIggy. I normally use Orbit Downloader for saving flv's I like from youtube but it doesn't seem to work on this site. I've tried a program called Replay Media Catcher but ut also doesn't work. Does anyone know of a program/tool that is actually capable of downloading the flv files from MTVIggy?

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
Ice

A:How to record rtmp:// flash video .flv stream from embedded Adobe Flash Player

As the site is owned by Viacom/MTV, my guess is that it is DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected and videos can't be downloaded. I normally use Real Player when I need to download embedded videos but I don't think it will work and I'm not aware of a free product that will download DRM protected videos.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216182/how-to-record-rtmp-flash-video-flv-stream-from-embedded-adobe-flash-player/
Relevancy 56.33%

I uninstalled Adobe Flash with their uninstall tool because I read somewhere you needed to update it because of major security flaw I went over to the Adobe website to try and find an update as well as a tutorial on how to update as I had no idea what version I Adobe the a better/safer uninstall w/o there flash hassles? is tool,& Flash player had Their website is a mess unless you want to purchase something and then you can find whatever your want Since I had no idea what version of player Adobe Flash uninstall tool,& is there a better/safer flash player w/o the hassles? I just DL their uninstall tool then DLed their new flash I used their uninstall tool and then reinstalled the new Adobe Flash Player The only PU that came up was that it couldn t install in Opera I went looking to try and configure it then I read in the post below you had to go to the link http www adobe com shockwave welcome for shockwave and figured it would lead me to flash and all that crap I remembered what a PIA it was I went over there and it says flash works but I still don t know if it s the latest flash or not On the right it says I need to install quot other sw quot but that probably because I don t have shockwave installed BTW when I used their uninstaller from an Adobe Flash uninstall tool,& is there a better/safer flash player w/o the hassles? administrator account it completely wiped out my FX profile in the limited user account for some reason It didn t do anything to the FX profiles in the administrator s accounts I keep an updated copy of the limited user account s FX profile and just reinstalled it but I m sick and tired of adobe flash and all the BS your have to go on the net to configure it or even find it Any freeware flash players out there that are just as good and safe and you don t have go thru all this net BS to configure Also where do find the files for that Adobe flash player when you re using FX as your browser and where should it be located in FX and does it even work with FX I guess it s in ActiveX in IE but I don t know and I m not using IE and have access to IE closed or partially closed is a better term I checked program files and common program files the FX local profiles the FX folder under program files application data under Docs settings but I can t find it Weirdest freakin user unfriendly SW that I ve ever seen Never mind I finally found that amp amp amp security panel This software seems like a huge security risk as you don t and can t tell w o connecting to Adobe and that Adobe flash security panel if it s actually setup secure I just absolutely hate it so if anyone has some suggestions on a better flash player that you can control locally I ll uninstall it completely or if there s any way to just make sure locally that it s off and it s settings can t be changed until you need to use it Will NoScript lock it down for security if you check quot forbid Adobe Flash quot I did have that checked when I went over to the Adobe website and I couldn t read the flash window until I allowed the blocked script in the upper left but I m still uneasy about software that your can t control it s settings locally w o connecting to thru some website on the net nbsp

A:Adobe Flash uninstall tool,& is there a better/safer flash player w/o the hassles?

The flash player for IE and Firefox is in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. The IE one is called Flash9f.ocx and for Firefox its NPSWF32.dll.

You can view current version, by going to a page with a flash object on the web page, right click on the Flash object and select About Adobe Flash Player 9 and it will take you to Adobe site and display version.
You can also get version from the files about on the Version or Details tab of its properties.

As for removal, just either use the Uninstall tool in the same folder (See above) or delete all the files in the folder to remove it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-uninstall-tool-is-there-a-better-safer-flash-player-w-o-the-hassles.707793/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have xp Pro with sp but cant install any flash programs They dont running Problem works. flash programs.Only Flash Adobe run at all Problem running flash programs.Only Adobe Flash works. after installation and come out as error need to close Amara says I need to download flash player and does not open I can see flash websites ok I use firefox and all the other progs are fine Adobe Flash works without problems Heres my hijack this log Heelp Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes E WINDOWS System smss exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE E Program Files LClock LClock exe E Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe E Program Files Utilities VisualTooltip VisualToolTip exe E Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe E WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE E WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE E Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe E WINDOWS system mmm exe E Program Files Common Files Corel Corel PhotoDownloader Corel Photo Downloader exe E Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe E WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Program Files Audio Sandbox SRSSSC exe E Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe E Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe E Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe E WINDOWS system nvsvc exe E Program Files PerfectDisk PD Agent exe E WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe E WINDOWS system PSIService exe E Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe E Program Files Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe E PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe E Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe E WINDOWS system msiexec exe E Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - E PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - E Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - E PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - E Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - D CB -C CD- c f-BFDC- B AFBDC C - no file O - BHO no name - A - B- E - F-A D FB EF - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - E Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO TransactionProtector BHO - C CCA-D EA- A - AE-AE B E - no file O - Toolbar Transaction Protector - E C -FCCC- E - EC-C D E E - no file O - Toolbar nd amp Speech Center - CFE ED - E- -A D - DB C E - E PROGRA NDSPE tts ie dll O - Toolbar Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - E PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run LClock E Program Files LClock LClock exe O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot E Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot -H O - HKLM Run VisualTooltip E Program Files Utilities VisualTooltip VisualToolTip exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot E Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run NVRTCLK E WINDOWS system NVRTCLK NVRTClk exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE E WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKL... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-running-flash-programs-only-adobe-flash-works-254452.html
Relevancy 55.9%

i can't even begin to explain this, i will just have to show someone. if someone would volunteer let me know ill send you the .fla file that i am editing in adobe flash cs4. its bascially a flash menu with 5 links on it and some fancy stuff. for some reason i can't find way to change the text of 4 out of the 5 buttons. anyone?

A:Solved: Need help with Adobe Flash CS4. Can't edit certain aspects of flash file!

Are all five buttons an instance of one library resource ? Are you trying to change their content through Actionscript or the Flash IDE ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-with-adobe-flash-cs4-cant-edit-certain-aspects-of-flash-file.815916/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

I need to create a short marketing intro for the business I am working for and would like to find a program that let's me create this fairly easily without using Adobe Flash Pro or their products.

Is there anything that'll let me do this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-flash-animation-intro-with-a-program-other-than-adobe-flash-pro-etc.741325/
Relevancy 55.47%

What's the big difference if any between shockwave player and flash player? I see both in the control panel.

However, one says I have flash player 10, but I have just now downloaded their newest version 10.1. And that's been the second time at least for the same update. ??

The other says I have shockwave player 11.5. Both are Adobe.

By the way, in the control panel and over on the right side, there's a column that lists how often used and also where you can delete a program. But with the new version, altho it's listed as loaded on the left side, the right is blank except for the word delete. In other words, no listing for size like all the other programs.

Relevancy 55.47%

Not sure where this should end up,but I'm sure it will be guided to the correct forum,as always.
After doing quite a bit of reading today,I decided that the Adobe PDF viewer is a resource hog. I uninstalled any traces of it I could find in my add/remove programs part of my pc. Just a few minutes ago while reading another post here at BC, I discovered I had to install Adobe Flash player to view an article thru YouTube.
My question is how does flash differ from the pdf viewer? They're both an Adobe thing,right?

I opted to download a small viewer called Sumatra,by the way.

Thanks
honu1

A:Adobe flash player+Adobe pdf viewer

It's a different product and unlike Adobe Reader, there are no alternatives for Flash.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388140/adobe-flash-playeradobe-pdf-viewer/
Relevancy 53.75%

All Please forgive my non techie ignorance here Why do I need these P S My system is Vista Home Premium -bit with NVIDIA I ask because 10 & Adobe I Flash 11.5 - Adobe need? do Shockwave when I go into Programs and Features neither of these are there I do have an Adobe Flash Adobe Shockwave 11.5 & Adobe Flash 10 - do I need? Player ActiveX Adobe Shockwave 11.5 & Adobe Flash 10 - do I need? and an Adobe AIR whatever that is I also now have an Adobe Download Manager which came when I downloaded the subject two programs NOTE The Flash Player shows as a plugin on Firefox ALSO The site told me to uninstall the older versions of these two programs prior to installing the new but I don't have an older version of either This came about because I was having a problem with a game that worked until after I installed the latest NVIDIA driver The game manufacturer told me to install both of these as a measure to correct the issue It didn't correct it BTW Other games still work fine Soooo do I remove these two items or leave them as added value for other programs Thanks for your help Meltie

A:Adobe Shockwave 11.5 & Adobe Flash 10 - do I need?

Hi, Adobe shockwave and flash are fundamental for experiencing the whole Internet.

Without Shockwave and flash almost no Internet games would work, most online Videos won't work (YouTube won't work unless you ask it to load the movie in HTML 5 from youtube.com/html5) and tons of other stuff wouldn't work to its full potential.

You can live without these 2 plugins from Adobe (1 of my friends doesn't have them installed for moral reasons) but I wouldn't recommend it until HTML 5 really becomes wide spread.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/software/277136-adobe-shockwave-11-5-adobe-flash-10-do-i-need.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings;. Are these the same thing or two different things.?

A:Adobe flash player Adobe flash player active x

Adobe Flash Player has several variants for different operating systems and browsers and is now on version 11.9.  The active-x variant is used with Windows Internet Explorer.  There is another Windows variant for plugin based browsers, such as Firefox.  There are variants for Mac OS X and Linux, although the last version produced for Linux was 11.2.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515267/adobe-flash-player-adobe-flash-player-active-x/
Relevancy 52.03%

http www adobe com support security bulletins apsb - htmlAffected software versions Adobe Flash Player and earlier versions for Windows Macintosh Linux and Solaris operating systems Adobe Flash Player and earlier versions for Android Adobe AIR and earlier versions for Windows Macintosh and AndroidTo verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system access the About Flash Player page or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select quot About Player/ update Flash Player Security Shockwave for Adobe available Adobe Adobe or Security update available for Adobe Flash Player/ Adobe Shockwave Player Macromedia Flash Player quot from the menu If you use multiple browsers perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android go to Settings gt Applications gt Manage Applications gt Adobe Flash Player x SolutionAdobe recommends all users of Adobe Flash Player and earlier versions for Windows Macintosh Linux and Solaris upgrade to the newest version by downloading it from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center Windows users and users of Adobe Flash Player or later for Macintosh can install the update via the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted http www adobe com support security bulletins apsb - htmlAffected software versionsShockwave Player and earlier versions for Windows and MacintoshSolutionAdobe recommends users of Adobe Shockwave Player and earlier versions upgrade to the newest version available here http get adobe com shockwave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413860/security-update-available-for-adobe-flash-player-adobe-shockwave-player/
Relevancy 50.74%

This pop-up is driving me crazy! It pops up on the video screen I want to watch in Fox News website -- I haven't noticed it popping up on other sites as yet. It will list the site asking for permission to store information on my computer. The link I have attached below gives instructions on how to remove this pop-up. Is this flash player thing safe or is it some kind of virus or malware? The attached link refers to it as spyware. If I were to remove the Flash player program, will it affect playing games or whatever on my laptop. I need help, please.

Dynamic Spyware - Windows Techies

Thank you.

A:Adobe Flash Player - Local Storage-Flash Player Settings

The link above is just another ad-site trying to get you into buying spyhunter. I would not do what they recommend. Can you provide the link where you get the pop up so I can try it. In addition, what browser are you using ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/54004-adobe-flash-player-local-storage-flash-player-settings.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Adobe Flash appears not to work at all from within Firefox, installed the Vista version. Any thoughts?

A:Adobe Flash

It works for me.?

What are you trying to view?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236617/adobe-flash/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all - another gripe I'm afraid Am trying IE and yes that damn Flash Player doesn't work Flash IE9 Adobe & with IE unless I download a version that allows it Now I have just about had it with Flash and the persistent and monotonous times this is happening plus the damn havoc it has caused me in the past Anyone got any ideas on where to get the Flash that will let me get YT and presentation vids as the site I tried to access this morning for a video IE9 & Adobe Flash of a security product asked me to download the latest and yep you've guessed it the Flash doesn't have a version that is compatable with bit IE Plus I got the message in the pic which I am not game to try in view of my past quot experiences quot Why a company like Adobe lags beind like this ALL the time is beyond me and quite frankly makes me wonder why anyone would buy or use their products absolutely frustrating to the quot n quot th degree IE9 & Adobe Flash

A:IE9 & Adobe Flash

it kinda figures adobe would pull something like that. I have windows 7 home premium 64 bit and it seems like youtube plays fine on my laptop, at least it did yesterday i didnt try it today. apple has the right idea not wanting to install adobe crap on there systems. why support a company that cant keep up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/139017-ie9-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi

I have a rather annoying flash problem.I've installed the latest version of Adobe Flash on my pc. Yet when I try to view some websites that require flash, the website advises me that I need to upgrade to the latest version of flash and provides me with a link to the macromedia website. Why do I get this message when I already have the latest version of flash? Any adviceis much appreciated.

Many Thanks

What browser are you using?

one possibility is that you do have the latest and the websites is using older versions and it does not recognize your newer version.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/adobe-flash-208059.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
For the last 12 months, every time I turn on my computer I have to down load and re-install Adobe Flash.
A message comes up saying it is now installed and working properly, which it is, untill the computer gets turned off.
Then we have to go through the whole thing once again. Even if I reboot the machine, the Adobe Flash is gone.
There has to be a square without a tick in it somewhere, but I cannot find it.
Please take into concideration that I know only a little about computers and may need step by step instructions.
Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Try to uninstall Flash completely, using this: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.htmlInstall fresh copy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287356/adobe-flash/
Relevancy 49.02%

PLEASE help:

My Windows 7 has been running perfectly for a while then on Friday it had a problem letting me into an site with HTPPS and also blew out any site with FLASH in it. Thought it was updated Firefox but even the older version just does not work. When I say does not work if I go to a game, for instance, Forge of Empires I can get to log in but as soon as it is to load my personal page none of the FLASH stuff comes up. I have updated drives for the video card, updated Firefox uninstalled FLASH installed flash, done the same for FF, disabled add-ons, closed down firewalls, anti-virus all the normal stuff. I get the feeling it is FLASH causing the problem but cannot say why- Any help?

A:Adobe Flash & Win 7

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559032/adobe-flash-win-7/
Relevancy 49.02%

Is anyone else having trouble with adobe flash crashing in Win 7. I have 7 ultimate and I am constantly having to uninstall flash and reinstall to keep it working.

A:Adobe flash

No. May be useful: Flash Player Help and Support: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/Flash Player doesn't work | Windows 7 http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83715.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431101/adobe-flash/
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer crashed, and Microsoft Help technician put me back on line, but without my Adobe Flash..each time I want to play my double down casino it says to install Adobe Flash...tried following instructions but can't get it back??? Help

A:why can't I get Adobe Flash...I always had it?

"tried following instructions"No idea what instructions you mean or what they were.Go here (from each browser if you have more than one) and see what version is installed:http://www.adobe.com/software/flash...If necessary get the latest version from the blue link named "Player download center" in the text just above the table.If that doesn't help let us know what browser you are using and whether it is the same if you try an alternative browser (such as Firefox). That might give us some clues.Your spec says Windows 7 but you have posted on Win 8 - which is it? If it's Windows 8 you should be getting flash updated as part of Windows. However on the blue link it should be possible to download a "full flash file", Save it somewhere then double click the downloaded file to install flash. This sometimes works when all else fails.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/why-cant-i-get-adobe-flashi-always-had-it/1944.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I just got a clean machine and I am am getting frequent messages to install Adobe Flash. I had When I was running XP, and I was getting continuing messages to get upgrades and I also suspected that it used a lot of my machines capacity. Do I really need Adobe Flash? Adobe has a lot of products and they keep offering other programs and outside of Reader, I am not sure what they do.

Is there a better alternative to Flash? If not, are there ways that I can manage it?

A:Do I need Adobe Flash

Adobe Flash Player is needed to view most of the videos on the Web, including YouTube. There's a setting making it update all by its own so you shouldn't be getting any prompts. Furthermore, it's used for online games and other animations. In a nutshell, it's just about everywhere on the Internet, and without it, the experience will be quite different.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-adobe-flash.1138396/
Relevancy 49.02%

Cannot download new Flash 9 program. Shows red X in box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-9.703310/
Relevancy 49.02%

I can not install a number of different programs (adobe flash,McAfee) on my computer. After saving the file the install starts but can not complete the task. Has anyone had a simular problem that they were able to correct and could possibly direct me to the fix the problem?

Are you infected?

Why are you trying to install McAfee on your system now?

Can you provide some details leading up the urge to install McAfee, Flash, etc.?

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475693/adobe-flash/
Relevancy 49.02%

After finishing this thread, I went to watch my local news & ONLY when I go full screen, I see this.

I tried updating but it still happens. It don't matter if I use Firefox or SeaMonkey, I still get that.
According to this website http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
I'm current. I know I'm
In the control panel, it shows as 32 bit.

What exactly is happening? Is it popping up with a 'an update is available!' window?

Try restarting the PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adobe-flash.189144/
Relevancy 49.02%

My operating system is Windows 7 Pro, Browser is IE9, as far as I can tell all updates are up to date.
MY PROBLEM

Windows says I have installed the Adobe Flash ver 11 with Chrome. When I view an email that requires Adobe Flash I get a warning that I need to install it, I have doen this many times, still unable to read a video that requires Adobe Flash which Chrome. It appears that something within Windows 7 Pro and or the IE9 Browser is preventing this. Have not been able to find what it is. In Programs and Features Adobe Flash 11 is listed so it appears that it is installed. I think at one time I got a VERY breif warning that something is bloacking the flash program. Does anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 49.02%

First off quot Thank you quot BC Forum I ve found more amp better info here than anywhere else I ve looked But am confused about different version info This all started this morning when I ran the Secunia Scan amp it said I Adobe Flash have the old version amp should update to version So Adobe Flash I went to Windows System to delete it but got stopped with quot Access Denied quot or something to that affect so have been looking into it amp started looking here which led me to go to The Adobe Site which showed that indeed I do have BUT says the newest version I need is On that page is a list of operating systems amp update versions for each I do have Windows XP SP IE The last system in that list which now I don t remember shows to use Now I m wondering if I should rely on the Secunia Scan as much as I do Thank you

Hi grits.Go to Adobe and your OS and browser should be automatically detected. Just click Agree and Install. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGPNEVER NEVER NEVER just delete stuff. Anything that can be removed will be in Control Panel ADD/REMOVE and should be uninstalled from there. BUT - Do not uninstall anything unless you are positive it is safe to do so. Most upgrades will simply overwrite existing files so you do not have to do any more. Turn off your browser before installing this upgrade.An exception to this is Java which writes a complete new version each time so you do have to uninstall all older versions. (Latest is JAVA 6 Update 10).Those scans are handy as a guide only. A stray . or 0 will throw the results out so do not rely on them.Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179069/adobe-flash/
Relevancy 49.02%

I keep getting adobe flash is trying to change something on your computer pop-ups.  Sometimes close to 10 pop ups a time. 

A:Adobe Flash pop up

Hi Jlewers,

Can you be more specific about what changes adobe flash is nagging about ? The more information you can provide will enable us to better understand and provide assistance.

Thank You

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508619/adobe-flash-pop-up/
Relevancy 49.02%

I want to create some videos by using flash but I'm trying to avoid learning Adobe Flash Pro as it appears to be difficult.

So, is there another similar programm but with the same capabilities (quality, etc)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-pro.933265/
Relevancy 49.02%

PSI just complained that my Flash wasn't secure, but the version that it detects is the one previous to the one installed, according to Program And Features. The one shown installed is the current one.

I had this problem when I first installed PSI, but found that when I installed Flash in a video player that I oft use, that is not a browser, that it declared that all was well.

At this point, I have no idea of where that older version might be installed, nor why PSI didn't complain about it before? How can one determine where all installation point might be?

Relevancy 49.02%

Dept of Homeland Security warns users to disable Flash Quote quot Adobe has vowed use adobe Do fix! not until flash to fix a critical security hole in its Flash software within a week But the Department of Homeland Security DoHS has taken the extremely unusual step of advising users to switch off the feature until the patch is available The hole can be used for so-called drive by attacks occurring when a user simply visits an infected website Do not use adobe flash until fix! However the relevant code is also shared with Adobe s Acrobat software meaning it can cause security problems through PDF documents which have Flash embedded in them for greater interactivity That technique had already been criticized as a security risk The problem can theoretically affect Windows Linux and Mac computers To date it s only confirmed that hackers have exploited it on Windows machines running Adobe Reader Critical Fix Due July th Adobe says it expects to have a fix for Flash Player by next Thursday July th and for Adobe Reader and Acrobat the following day In the meantime Adobe advises users to exercise caution visiting websites they may not be able to trust to make sure antivirus software is up to date and to consider using User Account Control mode if running Windows Vista The firm also suggests users block access to the file named authplay dll that ships with either Adobe Reader or Acrobat The easiest way to find this file is to use Windows Search Start - gt Search type in the filename and search for it Once the file is found rename it to authplay-old dll for example then rename it back to the original filename once the fix has been released While the file is renamed users will get an error message and possibly a crash when opening a PDF document with Flash embedded but the risk of infection will be negated quot Unquote nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Adobe labs have announced the release of the 64 bit Flash player 10.1 and Active X. See attached for info.
Regretably it will not work with IE 64 bit.

Adrian

Note
Adobe only has 64 bit flash for Linux. There is no 64 bit flash for Windows yet. See this thread for more info.
Latest Version of Adobe Flash Player

Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian

Adobe labs have announced the release of the 64 bit Flash player 10.1 and Active X. See attached for info.
Regretably it will not work with IE 64 bit.

Adrian

NOT work with IE8?
Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/48027-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Right was tweaking pc last night ever so slightly..

Every thing was working great..

Booted up pc this morning and notice a few small problems

Like 'flash' not working. It just stays blank no load icon or nothing? Just idle.

I tried updating it etc etc/ And google the probling tried those things but a no go-er . Kind of confusing really and frustrating..

Any help on this matter

Cheers

look at the internet options and just with one test site. put it at its lowest setting and check againg if it works , if by then it works . you have found the problem if not
reinstall flash player i would say

but it seems that the browser isnt loading the plugin propperly in general . and that would be solution

what more problems did you have ?

eventually if that doesnt work just use windows system restore and go back to when it did work .

and redo the tweaks a step at a time

good tweaking its end result is mighty fine , how ever it also takes lot of time mostly

hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adobe-flash-312039.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I just purchased Adobe Flash CS4 and when I attempt to run the program it says that the FlashResource.dll is missing and to reinstall the program. Is there a fix to this other than the obvious? Is there a place I can download the .dll file needed and then install it in the proper location?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-cs4.826233/
Relevancy 49.02%

Where can i download a copy of adobe flash 32 bit for firefox? Can someone plz help me out with this ?

thx

A:adobe flash

Try this link.
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
But if you do download from there uncheck the McAfee security scan option first, unless you want it.
Download, exit Firefox, and then install Adobe Flash.
When you are done installing, you should check to see if your Firefox Adobe plugins are up to date.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529025/adobe-flash/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have tried to install adobe flash player like 12780765 times. But for some reason it won't install. It says its in stalling but when its all over I still can't see the images on the site that require it or any other image on any other site. And each time it instructs me to go to the site to download adobe flash player..then we start all over again with the cycle.

Anyone out there that can help me?

Relevancy 49.02%

I have asked before about Adobe flash for windows 7, 64bit. Its been a while and was just wondering if anyone knew if they (Adobe) have made any progress in making it for the 64 bit version.
Thanks all

A:Adobe flash

There is no news.

I've been waiting since 2004 so I wouldn't hold your breath.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/74619-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i have had my new hp 1 terra of hd 6g memory for about a week but adobe flash player has stopped opening some films and some you tube
it tells me I need to upgrade to the latest version of adobe flash but when I try to install it,
it tells me I have the newest version installed
any help would be appreciated
thanks Neil

Relevancy 49.02%

I completed the download of 14295 with no problem yesterday. Today I keep receiving pop ups that say ADOBE FLASH HAS CRASHED Where does this come from????????????????????

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/45869-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Adobe Flash going to be included in Windows 8 ?

A:Adobe Flash?

I doubt it. It has never been included in any Windows version so far. No reason why it should be with Silverlight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash.1040797/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey, do I need a separate installation of Adobe Flash for each browser?

Originally Posted by Homer Simpson

Hey, do I need a separate installation of Adobe Flash for each browser?

I have. Flash is usually a plug-in for a browser so I open each browser separately and get Flash for it from Adobe: Creative, marketing and document management solutions, at the bottom right of the page. I have a Web site [Domain] and the main page has a script that displays a clock that reads the computer's clock, quite useful in checking someone's Flash function and quicker that using Adobe's test.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/41434-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Pale Moon is my default browser. Can you tell me which version of Shockwave Flash plug-in I should be using? There are two versions listed in my Plug-ins Manager: 18.0.0.232. and 13.0.0.309 (which I understand to be the ESR version). Both are activated. Do I need both? If not, which shall I delete?
Thanks

Experiment by merely disabling one, then the other and see how it affects things. If not at all, keep the newer version. I haven't kept up with it, but the last I follwed, PM still doesn't accept a 64 bit version of Shockwave.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/adobe-flash-1030801.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Having trouble viewing some sites that require flash. I downloaded the versions that are needed, but it still won't work.
Any thoughts on this?

What browser?

If it's in Internet Explorer, flash doesn't work in the Metro style IE. Only the desktop IE. Should work in other browsers as well.

Adobe Flash 11 beta 1 x32 and x64

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/2669-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I'm running XP with SP3 installed and every time I try to install Flash (v1.0.135.0) it keeps giving me "Error 1324: the path My Documents contains an invalid character". What does that mean and how do I fix it?

A:Adobe Flash CS3

The invalid character will be a character not supported by windows, for example you can't have ?$%^& in a file name.

The version of flash you're trying to install is OLD... like OMG are you running on DOS? The current version of flash is 9.0.124.0. Download it here:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...shockwaveFlash

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adobe-flash-cs3-272819.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Is there a way to get Adobe Flash player to stay installed? this will be the 5th or 6th time of installing it just to have it disappear. Windows 7 32 bit. I use Maxthon PLEASE no you need to use a different browser. I do not like IE and Chrome has Shockwave Player errors. When I check Adobe - Flash Player I get "You have version 16,0,0,305 installed" but when I try to play a game I get It looks like you haven't got a current version of Flash installed. You can get it here - Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions or You need at least Flash Player 10.0 to view this page.

Relevancy 49.02%

Trying to view a site on Firefox... strangely I can view it with Chrome and IE but with FF it wants adobe flash. When I click to download it, it comes with McAuffey... I don't want anything except what I want to download. Is there a safe link to download Adobe Flash without downloading anything else?

Thanks.

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Scroll down to Plug in Based Browser, that is for FF.

Jim

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/43500-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have Adobe flash latest version installed om my computer I am running windows 7 and IE 10 every time I try to open some videos or slideshow it keeps asking to download Flash

A:adobe Flash

Try uninstalling Flash with the Flash Uninstaller.

Next, install Flash offline with an installer from HERE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash.1103949/
Relevancy 49.02%

Is the current version of Adobe Flash player safe to use?

More safe than the other versions. Each upgrade has eliminated more security holes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/adobe-flash-1034009.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I received a pop up which said there is an update available for Flash. I went into system requirements and I saw Vista 32 bit as one of the OSs; 64 bit is not listed. I've always downloaded updates to Flash in the past but lately it looks like Adobe has revamped the download process. I used to get just a dialog box and then download the update; now it takes you to their website. Anyway, is it OK to download a 32 bit Flash to 64 bit Vista? Maybe I've always been downloading 32 bit; it never occured to me to check because of the way the download used to work. Thanks.

A:Adobe Flash 32 bit?

Flash Player is for your web browser, so, yes, you still need the 32-bit version because your web browser is 32-bit, even on 64-bit Windows.You only need Flash Player 64-bit if you want to use the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer which is included with 64-bit Windows. But the default Internet Explorer is 32-bit.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/adobe-flash-32-bit/13666.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey! My Adobe Flash doesn't work! I have installed, unistalled, reinstalled! It says download complete but when I go to You Tube or something that requires flash, it tells me to install to view what I am looking for. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Angela

Try uninstalling flash using the Flash Uninstaller:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

After using the uninstaller open your browser and visit the Adobe Flash website. Try installing flash again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash.979491/
Relevancy 49.02%

I tried to go to my favorite online slot site Hit it Rich and a banner at the top said I couldn't load the game because my flash was out of date. So I downloaded from the banner and my virus detector immediate found a virus, Trojan. It is quarantined. So what's the scoop? How can I get Adobe flash? Is there other flash programs or do I have to stop playing on Hit it Rich because it can't load without it.

Hi,

have you tried adobe site https://www.adobe.com/support/flashp...downloads.html

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/57350-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been having a hell of a time downloading it . Have also talked to adobe 3 times . It will not download . It says its in my programs but its not . have unistalled and reinstall and nothing . is there another flash player I can use . I have windows 7 IE 8 . please help I want to watch vidoes etc. Roz

A:Do you have to use Adobe Flash

Hi -

Is your system x64?

If so, be sure to use the 32-bit (X86) version of Internet Explorer. Go to -

c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/do-you-have-to-use-adobe-flash-486883.html
Relevancy 49.02%

anyone know how to get adobe flash to download coz i need it and the site is always down?

thx

A:adobe flash

Try downloading the installer from the following site and install Flash offline.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash.1114269/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi;I received a message from Adobe Flash Player to update to the latest version (AFP 10). I did so without an issue and it worked fine for about a day. Now I keep getting messages that AFP is not installed on my computer. After several re-installs I continue to get the same message. I verify in control panel after each install and it is present. After each message I re-check control panel and sure enough it is missing. Seems like a virus.Help please.EDIT: Moved from XP forum to more appropriate Email/Web Browsing.

A:Adobe Flash Player 10

Any error messages during install?

Can you do an about:plugins via firefox if you use it? Take a screen shot of it.

In IE go to tools then manage add-ons.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313395/adobe-flash-player-10/
Relevancy 48.59%

I frequently get error postings saying I have no Flash player and need to install it.

Although I have repeatedly told it to go ahead and install it, the installation always fails.

NOW THE KICKER:

A couple days ago, I sat right here and watched my system install a Flash UPGRADE.

WHA.........?

Are there a bunch of different Flashes?

Do any Flash developers need encouragement by ball bat?

A:Adobe Flash is a puzzler

Hi according to this thread of your you might be using Firefox ?
Is there a utility for windows 7 that will prevent a Flash
Or are the popups occurring using either browser ?
It's not a good idea to download flash from any random site that displays the message,
It's their chance to upload a bunch of tracking cookies or even worse,

You can use these free tools to see if they find anything,
Manually Update them before running full scans,
Try not to use your computer while the scans are running, (one at a time of course).
Uncheck the box to Activate the Free trial from the final install options,
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/320555-adobe-flash-puzzler.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Firefox To view my local weather on weather com I need adobe flash player I tried following the link adobe flash to Can't install seem but firefox said it couldn't Can't seem to install adobe flash go there quot Can't seem to install adobe flash maybe 'cause my settings didn't allow cookies quot but I'm set to allow cookies and rd party cookies and delete all cookies when I close firefox I went to the adobe download site clicked the download flash player button then unchecked the Can't seem to install adobe flash McAfee scan option and clicked the install button having allowed adobe com under noscript Nothing happened Firefox usually won't install online but I get the option to save the install file I clicked the if nothing happens button still nothing happened and then the troubleshooting button and there was a download file link supposedly for flash player - adobe still insisted on installing online but this time I got a permission dialog from firefox to allow Only what installed is Adobe DLM in extensions which appears to be a download manager and getplusplus for adobe under plug-ins I don't see anything that says flash player and I still can't view the weather info How do I install adobe flash player in firefox - and w out any extra download managers unless they actually help flash player's performance

A:Can't seem to install adobe flash

There is a standalone installer here that you can try. http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324656/cant-seem-to-install-adobe-flash/
Relevancy 48.59%

Every time I start AOL 9.1, I get an install for Adobe Flash Player. It never installs.

I have gone to Adobe website and got the instructions for removing it. I ran the uninstall and downloaded the latest version and still happens.

Any ideas on what maybe happening??

Thanks........

A:Adobe Flash Player

You need to use the Flash uninstall tool at this link and then install the new version.http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299934/adobe-flash-player/
Relevancy 48.59%

os win7 64bit ie9 I have the latest Adobe flash player installed.(activex,etc.)Problem is it works fine in AOL(says its installed latest version etc.)but not ie9 keeps prompting me to install.Also can't get the settings manager to come up.Any sugestions would help.Thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

How do I determine what version of Flash is actually embedded in IE?
Thanks,
Roger

A:Adobe Flash version???

I think this should tell you.
Adobe - Flash Player

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21677-adobe-flash-version.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.26.

At the above webpage link, click on the Player Download Center link to download the new release.

-- Tom

A:Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.26

They must not have this in the auto download queue yet.
I usually get a popup for this.
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-player-10-3-181-26.1002290/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey, how are you doing guys.
Actually i don't know it this is the right forum to post my question but since it regards with windows 7 i am trying my luck here.

I have made a simple YouTube Player using C#[WinForms] as my selected language. On my project i use shockwave flash player to play the video and it works well inside Visual Studio but when run the software directly (double clicking the executable) i don't see any outputs. I believe i need to install adobe flash player and i did install it. I installed Adobe Flash Player for IE but still no luck. Meanwhile i tried to run my software on Windows 8 since we all know it has embedded flash player and it works like a charm. So what do you think might be the issue?

Regards,,
Denden

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/386782-adobe-flash-player.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i have problems with the above player i have to keep reinstalling it despite the fact i clear delete all references to it using the uninstaller - Windows uninstall flash player exe K flash adobe player before i do so i also find all references to flash player via the search facility so that i can adobe flash player get a totally clean install again after a couple of days or so-i go on sites that tell me i need to have flash player installed not being recognised etc specifically the cbbc site for children and i do it all over again i follow installation procedures correctly so adobe flash player am puzzled why this happens have checked any solutions to this on other sites also on adobe website but to no avail also just recently an annoying thing happens my pc will be in standby mode and i keep getting on-screen message box saying could not find the Macromedia Flash at this moment-Flash is installed working have actually just needed to reinstall earlier was about days ago i did this am wondering if perhaps a cleaner on my pc such as ccleaner could maybe be responsible am doubtful personally anyone any comments nbsp

A:adobe flash player

I cannot delete the message on screen: "Could not find the macromedia flash". What can I do? Please, help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-player.483099/
Relevancy 48.59%

trying to install as need this for facebook and you tube but when i try to install the latest version it says "action list not found" after trying to retrieve install. any ideas? thanks. ive tried completly uninstalling and reinstalling.

I'd have to go and find it but I believe there is a tool that you use to make sure you have completely removed the old version.
Have you gone back to the Adobe site to check what version you have installed, you should be able to find the removal tool there as well ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/289568-adobe-flash-player.html
Relevancy 48.59%

problem updating Adobe Flash Player
reason for instigating this post - I get this message on screen

This plugin is vulnerable and should be updated
Activate Adobe Flash

I check the plugins on Google, sure enough, A A F is vulnerable and needs updating, I procede. First i untick "McAfee security plan" -- initialise, save file, Flash Player installer saved - message, "Installation will begin shortly" - 5 minutes later no action - ???

There are two programmes - A F P 18 Active X
A F P 19 NPAPI
Using W 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/384683-do-i-really-need-adobe-flash-player.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I was doing a little tinkering and testing and I lost the use of Flash both on I E and Firefox When trying to watch Hulu which requires Flash I get a code I'm unable to get Flash to work on any site I have done a lot of checking I will list of the I use Flash Adobe lost some Check to make sure Flash was I lost the use of Adobe Flash up to date Remove Flash and re-installed Checked to make sure MSE and Malwarebytes are set as they should be Did a bunch of security scans I have did all the things recommended by Hulu for code Rebooting modem and computer bunches of times Checked restore points and found nothing to indicated that Flash would be a program that would be affected I I lost the use of Adobe Flash haven't done a Restore as of yet I just got some new drivers and I don't want to mess with them if I don't have to I have check the setting of Flash with my other computer and they are the same I can watch movies on YouTube I guess that is the price of tinkering Jack

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/380568-i-lost-use-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Where a video clip used toa appear onscreen that normally would be run by Adobe Flash, in its place appears a grey box with the message:
This plugin is vulnerable and should be updated.
Check for updates.
Activate Adobe Flash.
Even when I go to the adobe website, any video clips on that site display the same grey box with the same message.

The thing looked phishy so I didn't click on anything and haven't been infected, exactly, with anything but the "Adobe Flash hijacker" (as I'm calling it).  .  But I haven't been able to play any tutorials, for instance, and I'd like to get that capability back.
What do I need to do?

A:Adobe Flash Hijacked?

Why do I have to click to activate plugins?Check Your Plugins: Keeping your plugins up to date helps Firefox run safely and smoothly

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499691/adobe-flash-hijacked/
Relevancy 48.59%

Every time I try to do homework on connectmath.com, just one specific problem, a pop comes up saying "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?" And there's an option that says "OK" and a "Cancel" option. No matter which I choose, it pops right back up. Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-player.1155075/
Relevancy 48.59%

i downloaded afp 10 from the adobe site like most people do only to have it say it couldnt create temp file perhaps hard disk is full.....my hard disk has 83 gb on it left...is that full....please help?

A:adobe flash 10 help pleeeeease

Did you uninstall the old version first? What browser are you using? Please write in proper sentences. That's a forum rule. No one can understand you when you write like that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194194/adobe-flash-10-help-pleeeeease/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello again intel superior logical friends MainMat here actually just Mat Dont know if you remember me but I kneeded some good information and direction from this site last time and a little Air, of above.. Flash, players, all the Adobe good convo with some of the ole timers on here last time so as Flash, Air, Adobe players, all of the above.. the song says Here I am checking you out again hehe First of all the big Happy Easter to all hope that s allowed Ok I ve been online for several years now just PC unfortuneately and I ve noticed nearly every year or should I say every update rebuild hotfix whatever the case I still end up with the same sysmptoms trying to watch video files on the web I ve noticed over the years it seems when a video is played for example in Youtube Facebook or otherwise there s always a split-sec buffer pause at the begining to let lets say the rabbitt have a headstart ahead of the dogs or the file player Flash player which I take as normal operation Ok the actual complaint Everytime I play a video the player quot catches up quot with the download point which was buffer with the headstart and of course the video has to stop and buffer again Over my short existance in PC land I ve experienced a variety of different connection speeds different locations ie at work at mom s house and my own home and it never fails this happens out of times I catch myself quot right clicking quot all over the player area looking for some kind of quot setting salvation quot a magic button but to no avail Then there s my poor elder mother s situation She didnt know how to turn one on but her quot church prayer group quot kept telling her about their web site so I decided to put a brand new Laptop and new wireless modem in on her telephone line with service and am getting a decent connecttion considering her location in the raural county And still she calls me and tells me she pretty much has to download nearly the entire video file and then watch it sometime afterward Ok now my home connection I have the download and upload speed typical on the cable modem and really like the speed I have and guess what Yes mine still does it too although not near as bad as some Can someone shed some divine light on this subject as it s been a thorn in my side for a long time It s my own fault I havent studied this one out as I always put it off not really needing to use the videos for work and such But now so many tutorials are on the short clips online and they workout pretty good in my op I understand keeping the computer resources to a minimum and using up Bandwith and such while watching the videos but you would think just having your email program open wouldnt affect it to that degree I even beefed up the memory in my old Compaq and it still does it Havn t we progressed through the last few years of updates and rebuilds to at least a quot speed adjust quot as one of the quot settings quot yet gt s Ok if you made it this far with my writing then you are sharp my friend I thank you for reading my rant and raves Any info or errr majic buttons divine intervention you can provide me would be very much appreciated and not only by just me by the little ole prayer worriers Thanks in advance amp God Bless Mat nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

I recently upgraded to windows 10a couple of weeks ago and it all seemed to go well. However on checking my control panel, it appears that Flash Player is no longer in my PC.

Dis the upgrade uninstall the Flash Player and should I re install it or not.

Regards

Mick

i uninstalled flash player on a few system quite a while ago
And just waiting for a situation where I'm asked or flash player and not been asked yet

Do you have a program thats not working because of not having flash player

Otherwise re-install - it has a bad reputation for updates causing issues on PC (virus/malware) fake updates

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-player.1154851/
Relevancy 48.59%

I get a box over my video that say: Adobe Flayer Settings requesting permission to store information on my computer. How can I get rid of it?

go here http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html
set the slider to 100kb and then check the never ask again box

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-player.1115364/
Relevancy 48.59%

IE9 and Adobe Flash Player 10.3

Just downloaded FP 10.3 (on an automatic update from FP 9.xxx), and it fails using IE9 (32 bit) on my Windows 7 (64 bit) machine. Uninstalled and reinstalled FP 10.3 twice with a restart after each operation. No go. Flash Player stuff either simply doesn't show or shows way out of position on the page. This is the very first time I've run across this problem (or any problem whatsoever) in all the years of using Flash Player with IE.

Anyone else experiencing this problem, and, if so, any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it?

ACD

A:Adobe Flash Player 10.3

Have you tried closing your browser/s, uninstalling any Flash from Programs and Features, and then installing 10.3 from the standalone installers posted in the link below? Not the webpage installer..

Latest Version of Adobe Flash Player

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/162964-adobe-flash-player-10-3-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Everyone!

I can/and have installed Flash on my FireFox browser, but not my DW's IE8.

I have tried Adobe's suggestions about security settings, but how low do I have to go?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

A:Adobe Flash won't install on IE8

Same problem on my system. Being trying for a month but no luck.
I use FF 99% of the time so no big deal for me. I do get the beta flash to load on IE-8 64 bit but nothing on the IE-8 32bit.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/137894-adobe-flash-wont-install-ie8.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

Sometimes I've been getting the Adobe Flash Update Pop-ups once in a while. I ran antivirus scans, hitmanpro, etc. I ran Farbar and I pasted the Addition.txt and FRST.txt

Thank You for the support

PS: This only happened 3 times this week, on Chrome and IE.

Before I also installed a game called Wizzard101, but during the set-up, a strange popup came granting permission to modify changes to my PC. I clicked no, then immediately uninstalled the game using Revo Uninstaller. I ran some scans with McAfee, HitmanPro, MalwareBytes etc but everything was fine.

A:Sometimes getting Adobe Flash Update Pop-Up

hi,

Sometimes this can be a fake prompt to install malware. Does it happen only when you seem to be browsing the internet or on a  web site?
You can visit the Adobe page and see if your version is the latest.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597025/sometimes-getting-adobe-flash-update-pop-up/
Relevancy 48.59%

For years I have use Firefox as my default browser but with all the good things I read about IE I decided to give it a try Almost immediately a problem arose When I visited ABCnews 11 Player Flash vs. IE9 Adobe and choose to look at this video Betty White Wanted at the Democratic National Convention Video - ABC News or the complete URL Betty White Wanted at the Democratic National Convention Video - ABC News I got a message saying Flash Version or greater is required You have no Flash version plug in installed Download the latest version from here I downloaded from there and installed it Well when I restarted IE and IE9 vs. Adobe Flash Player 11 went to that site again I got the same message The problem is not unique to ABC News It happens on other sites too Firefox handles this just fine I think it uses Shockwave Flash At least that is the only flash thing listed in its plug ins Will someone help me get arount this problem Thank you very much

A:IE9 vs. Adobe Flash Player 11

Adobe - Downloads

get the flash player and the shockwave player. They install without problems?
Readers and Players

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/251001-ie9-vs-adobe-flash-player-11-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Using Firefox, while trying adding photos in Mixbook, Adobe continually crashes. Plugins and Firefox have all been updated to latest versions. Any ideas?

A:Adobe Flash Crash

The last Mixbook recommendation is:

"Our recommendations for browsers that will optimize the performance of the Mixbook Editor are: Firefox 1.5. 2.0 or 3.0, Internet Explorer 6 or 7, and Safari 2.0. We do not recommend AOL's web browser to run our online software."

Maybe a better answer would be available if they updated their website, or maybe that's still their recommendation. LOL

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/adobe-flash-crash-623918.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am using a Lenovo running Windows 7. I have Internet Explorer 9 and Adobe Flash Player 11 installed. Internet Explorer tells me (when I go to bbc iplayer I need 10.2 or greater and need to download) but it will not because I already have 11. I get a similar message from other browers e.g. firefox. What do I have to do to put it right?

Welcome to the forum CMDesborough

Download and install revo uninstaller from Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall run it and uninstall all adobe flash player contents in Advanced mode and remove its remaining registry keys.

Download the latest versions (for both 32bit or 64bit) from here Download Flash Player 11.3.300.270 (IE) - FileHippo.com

You will also find the links for Non-IE versions down there if you want them.

Let us know if it works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/244943-adobe-flash-player.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm confused by this situation. When visiting LIVE with Kelly and Michael | LIVE with Kelly and Michael, a message is displayed that you need to update your Adobe Flash Player with a link to the adobe site. I've followed that and also done the update via IE in the manage addons section. I have the latest version of Flash installed, but the web page continues to say the addon needs updating. I have searched this site and found nothing recent for IE11 and Flash Player. This above web site runs fine on FF v41. I've played around with the compatability settiings to no avail. I'm not sure where to look, but SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obayed) really wants to use IE11 to access this site. Here's information I think may be relevant.

IE11 v11.0.9600.18015, update version 11.0.23 (KB3087038)

What browser am I using?

The addon:

A:IE11 & Adobe Flash

Okay I visited that site using IE11, Opera 12.17 and Cyberfox 41 and video played with no problem.

I have flash plugin 19.0.0.185

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF64_19_0_0_185.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_19_0_0_185.dll

There have been reports that updating to this version of flash player doesn't always remove the old versions.

Suggest:

Run the flash player removal tool. Follow all instructions (steps 1 to 4 - read all the way down the page) very carefully then reboot.

Removal tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...r-windows.html

Download the latest flash player from here:

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe
Then install it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/382650-ie11-adobe-flash.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This has been happening ever since the latest Adobe Flash update about a week ago.

I have put up with it each time, as it was always when I made a video full screen. But once I refreshed the page and didn't use full screen, it was ok.

But I didn't realise that Ebay's Final Hour Countdown feature is flash based, so it does not work anymore. And THAT is important for snipers like me!

So how do I fix it please?

thank you

A:Adobe Flash keeps crashing

Uninstall the flash player, Download the 11.3.300.250 beta 3 from the right side listings of older versions of the page Download Flash Player 11.3.300.257 (Non-IE) 64-bit - FileHippo.com (adobe's pagewill give the recent one only, most probably). Install it.

Keep auto update of flash player stop until the next stable version releases.

Edit: I assumed that you use a browser other than IE ... if you use IE, follow this link : http://filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/ .

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/236013-adobe-flash-keeps-crashing.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Everytime I visit a site that uses Adobe Flash, it tells me I need to update to the latest version.. I download and re-install, and it works for awhile.. But eventually it asks me to update to the latest version again.. I keep updating to the same version, there is nothing new.. Why does it keep asking me to update, when I have the latest version?

A:Adobe Flash keeps asking to update

Try downloading, and running the latest stand alone Flash Uninstaller: |MG| Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller 10.3.183.10 Download

Then do the same with the latest Flash version:
IE - Download Flash Player 10.3.183.10 (IE) - FileHippo.com
Non IE - Download Flash Player 10.3.183.10 (Non-IE) - FileHippo.com

Then once you have done this, go to: control panel > Flash Player and in the flash settings, select "don't look for updates to flash". If you do this, you'll be responsible for checking for flash updates every so often yourself. You can do that be bookmarking this site: Adobe - Flash Player

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/189601-adobe-flash-keeps-asking-update.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Adobe Flash will not stay installed on my system.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit with ie9.
Everytime I start my system, I have to install Flash PLayer.
When I shut it down, it deletes the program but the flash icon is present in control panel when I restart my system.
I have uninstalled Adobe Flash and reinstalled the lastest dwonload but it will not stay installed. When I save the program to "my documents or desk top and run the program, the icon disappears and the program installs only to delete upon shutting down.

first use the Adobe uninstaller. Do not reinstall, yet.

Uninstall Flash Player | Windows

Next, run sfc /scannow

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let me know if it found anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/222151-adobe-flash-player.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Every time I open a website on Chrome or, I see a pop-up saying that Adobe Flash Player was blocked because it is out of date. On Firefox, a pop-up also says that Firefox has prevented the unsafe plugin "Adobe Flash" from running the web page that I visit. It is really annoying. How can I solve this issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuta

Every time I open a website on Chrome or, I see a pop-up saying that Adobe Flash Player was blocked because it is out of date. On Firefox, a pop-up also says that Firefox has prevented the unsafe plugin "Adobe Flash" from running the web page that I visit. It is really annoying. How can I solve this issue?

Uum, perhaps run the *FREE* Adobe Flash Player update??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/adobe-flash-player-1018418.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My Adobe Flash Player is no longer working. Everytime I try to install the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 I get this message: The installation encountered errors: The ActiveX control for Flash Player could not be registered. I have tried using the uninstall flash drive from Adobe's website and it will not work.

Please Help!

A:Adobe Flash Player Help!!

See if anything in Adobe's own installation Troubleshooter helps http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-player-help.967089/
Relevancy 48.59%

I installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW , but when I go on youtube to watch videos, it doesnt work and says that "you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player". I then checked on Add/Remove Programs to se eif I've got Flash player, and it doesnt say I do. It only says: "Adobe Flash Player Active X"... not just "Adobe Flash player".

I installed Norton 360 yesterday, and since then youtube videos havent been working.

Someone please help.

Relevancy 48.59%

I am runing Windows XP SP2 and am unable to install Flash Player from any source. I used the uninstaller successfully (I believe) but no luck. Has anyone had to resort to editing the registry for permission problems or am I missing something easier?

See if this link helps.http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...7&sliceId=1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191013/adobe-flash-player/
Relevancy 48.59%

Aleady downloaded and installed Adobe Flash Player a few days ago as directed from the announcement window upon computer startup to Already adobe player do have 11.4.402.265 flash the adobe page link to the download of this new version of Flash Player The install a few days ago downloaded first was successful YouTube videos work although this was checked in other browsers not in I E This morning another update announcement window appeared for Flash Player I was expecting the button to give me the typical installer interface to automatically Already do have adobe flash player 11.4.402.265 download then install Flash Player but NO Instead the announcment window button gave me the web page to permit me to choose to download what I ALREADY have - version Already do have adobe flash player 11.4.402.265 I already have that version Where then is the update I would expect to see the two gray windows involving an update for v hopefully to give me some update higher than and not see another web page through my default browser I checked the adobe site to try feedback to report this but I had to face a mess of a website to move through Adobe if I want that Anyone know if Already do have adobe flash player 11.4.402.265 I may have some unknown fault on my system or if this webpage is the right kind of way to get the update which I already have Makes no sense to update version with Cannot tell adobe cannot complain to adobe unless stuggle through their complicated website System Windows XP sp laptop Adobe Flash Player been installed for past days or so Browsers I E Firefox couple of others Plugin for Firefox is xyz can t remember exact xyz

A:Already do have adobe flash player 11.4.402.265

The last update for my Win XP IE8 flash player was thru a link provided by Adobe. The download and install for adobe flash update dialogue box could be different for Vista and Win 7. Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265 is the current release version. For Firefox, I check all plugins here http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467321/already-do-have-adobe-flash-player-114402265/
Relevancy 48.59%

In my other computer, I use FF 36.0.1 and have installed the latest version of Adobe Flash player 17.0.0.134 for FF. Recently, I been having a lot of problems when trying to watch videos from YouTube or sites that require Flash to be on (ESPN). Right now, I have it on (Ask to Activate), so sites that don't require it, it's fine, but when the sites do require it and I allow it, the pages tend to hang for a long time, and I tend to get the message "Unresponsive script" and I'll get the option to Continue, Debug, or Stop script. I've tried pressing continue or stop, but the pages tend to hang for a very long time, and no videos appear. I've tried uninstalling Flash then re-installing it, but the problem still persists. Would appreciate someone's help with this matter.

BTW, the computer is a Compaq Presario C700 using Vista (32-bit) with 2GB.

A:Adobe Flash problems on FF

Start by making sure Java is up to date with only one version installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/adobe-flash-problems-on-ff-974961.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello...

I am trying to save a streaming adobe flash video from the news website

http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/
Is there any software that I can use to record video that I watch?

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

A:adobe flash videos

http://forums.techguy.org/web-development/537378-getting-swf-file.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-flash-videos.537825/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have Adobe flash player 9 installed on my computer. I am having trouble with the flashplayer addon. I didnot add it it is just there. This computer was a 98 when i bought it. I have upgraded to windows xp sp2. I installed internet explorer 7 on it. Seems like when I have internet explorer 6 installed I donot have this problem. But there are certain sites that will not work without internet explorer 7. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated. Happy New Year. Darlene Mitchell.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123501/adobe-flash-player/