Windows Support Forum

I.E. not responding

Q: I.E. not responding

Hi
I am running Windows 7 on two machines. Win 7 Pro on my laptop, Win 7 Home premium on my PC.

When browsing on my PC it is forever Locking up with the message "Internet Explorer is not responding" and I have to close the program to continue.

While this has happened on my laptop it is very rare.

I have scanned the PC with both Malware bytes and Eset Home Security with nothing malicious found.

Can anyone suggest what to do to cure it?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I.E. not responding

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I.E. not responding

Try this
Internet Explorer - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/182024-i-e-not-responding.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hope you can help! I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, 4GB, 64bit, Intel i5, NVIDIA, Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.2.
I primarily use IE11, but switch to Mozilla Firefox 43.0.2 when IE stops responding. My primary email is AOL which I access via web, not software. Computer often slow and hangs.

The main issue is IE11 "stops responding" several times a day. I've run the latest version of Malwarebytes (subscription), Glary Utilities Pro, Kaspersky IS, CCleaner, and Disk Cleanup. I delete browing history daily. No virus or malware shows up after scans. Recently ran a full scan on Kaspersky overnight+ and still, no viruses detected. I'm not sure what the issue is and would gladly go back to IE9 or 10 if IE11 is the issue, but I need to be sure.

Whatever guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:IE11 stops responding, websites stop responding, computer slow

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602019/ie11-stops-responding-websites-stop-responding-computer-slow/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey all,

I have two problems with two employees. They both are connecting by vpn with the ATT Global network client from their homes. These Both employees are using outlook 2000. They are both behind personal routers. They can both browse the Internet and intranet web pages with no problems.

One of the employees can connect with no problem but after ten minutes only her outlook stops responding.

The other, her exchange server will no respond. She is able to ping it successfully. Created several new profiles have no effect or even simply trying a check name.

Any help on these two problems?

A:Outlook problems: exchange server not responding and not responding after 10 minutes

1) Are they on company or personal machines? If personal could this be a personal firewall issue?

2) Are they connecting wirelessly? Have they try connecting wired and see if it makes a difference.

3) I haven't used Outlook 2K in a long time, but I remember there being a setting about how to behave when using a slow connection. Something like tools, send receive, send receive settings. I think one of the options was to basically do nothing. You might poke around in those settings and see what you find.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-problems-exchange-server-not-responding-and-not-responding-after-10-minutes.778825/
Relevancy 36.98%

hello Please can someone help me Outlook just freezes sometimes amp comes up with Not responding amp occasionally Windows Explorer will do the same So once i Windows Explorer ! ! Outlook Help! responding" "Not responding" "Not have managed to close them i try amp shut Help! Outlook "Not responding" ! Windows Explorer "Not responding" ! down my computer but it just freezes again on the logging off screen i have no idea whats going on as i am pretty shocking when it comes to this IT tech stuff it may be simple it maybe complex i have had other problems b on this machine but this current problem is becoming very common amp highly annoying In Outlook i run my main email account amp then run two others with seperate email addresses down below if that makes sense it seems to be the secondary email addreses that crash my Outlook - I think I have recieved emails to all accounts but when i try to send from one of the secondary accounts then the sh t hits the fan would really appreciate any help thanks you

A:Help! Outlook "Not responding" ! Windows Explorer "Not responding" !

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503452/help-outlook-not-responding-windows-explorer-not-responding/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi this has been an ongoing problem for me and I am at the end of my rope my Son put NOT RESPONDING RESPONDING, FIRE NOT FOX IE in more memory for me it worked fine for about a week but problem is right back I have no viruses I have deleted IE NOT RESPONDING, FIRE FOX NOT RESPONDING everything I do not need that I know is ok to delete I have no idea what needs to be left in Add Remove programs what is necessary for the running of my computer and what is not Also the Processes there is so many on start up but have no idea what needs to be there and what does not I have no idea what to do from IE NOT RESPONDING, FIRE FOX NOT RESPONDING here Every time I go into any site same thing IE not responding I have to shut down empty cookies and get back on to the very same thing Cannot answer any posts in FaceBook as it does the same thing I IE NOT RESPONDING, FIRE FOX NOT RESPONDING have system restored back as far as with no results Please if anyone can tell me what to heck to do next I thank You Most Frustratingly Sincere Joanne Seybert

A:IE NOT RESPONDING, FIRE FOX NOT RESPONDING

Now Go to Start/Run and type inetcpl.cpl and press enter/Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Run and type CMD and press enter. IN the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post
Also, try running your computer in a Clean Boot state. Also run IE Or Firefox without any Addons.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ie-not-responding-fire-fox-not-responding-639826.html
Relevancy 33.11%

When I start Firefox not responding I have to wait until it becames respond and in same time when i explore the internet it becames not responding then i have to wait so much until it becames responding pls. HELP

A:Firefox responding and not responding

What are your computer spec's?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-responding-and-not-responding-276005.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I suspect our computer has been hit with yet another spy type program. We keep getting the message Win Min not responding when we shut down the computer.

Any ideas on how we can fix this problem?

A:Win Min not responding?

Oops, forgot to say we're using Windows XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-min-not-responding.181428/
Relevancy 26.66%

My Internet Explorer is not responding or taking forever to log on. I had to restore my computer to an earlier date to get it to work but it is now doing the same thing. Any ideas on what is wrong? Windows XP Thanks Brian

Relevancy 26.66%

Hello,

Not sure why, but many programs (Firefox, Outlook, etc.) on my system have begun stalling, showing 'Not Responding'.  I don't believe I have anything consuming my RAM.  Sometimes I can run CCleaner and that will temporarily help, other times it doesn't seem to help.  Also don't detect malware with Malwarebytes.  Any help or ideas are very much appreciated.

Thank you.

A:'Not Responding'

Is this only happening with your browsers?

I hope you are not using the registry cleaner option in CCleaner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584237/not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

keeps freezing lots of quot not responding quot some times blue screen have to NOT RESPONDING reboot alot Logfile NOT RESPONDING of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng NOT RESPONDING exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files IObit IObit SmartDefrag IObit SmartDefrag exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www att netR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home microsoft com search search aspR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run iolo Startup quot C Program Files iolo Common Lib ioloLManager exe quot O - HKCU Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeO - HKCU Run Spyware Cleaner Monitor quot C Program Files PC Health Optimizer Free Edition SpywareCleaner RealTimeMonitorSC exe quot start minimizeO - HKCU Run Memory Optimizer C Program Files PC Health Optimizer Free Edition docmemopt exe minO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra button PokerStars - AD F C-ED - e -B D - B F A EF - C Program Files PokerStars PokerStarsUpdate exeO - Extra button Poker Rewards Poker - DAF EB-C E - ab- D -CAE F BC - C Program Files pokerrewardsMPP MPPoker exeO - Extra button Poker Host Poker - F B A-A B - e - DA -BBC F E C D - no file O - Extra button PokerTime Poker - F C -B E - a -A BD-D B BCC - no file O - Extra button Doyles Room Poker - E D -B - eef- EEE-D DE B C - no file O - Extra button Skype - BF - - EC - -D B E B - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C... Read more

A:NOT RESPONDING

DDS (Ver_09-02-01.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Michael P at 16:46:30.70 on Thu 03/12/2009
Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000
Microsoft? Windows Vista? Home Premium 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2045.988 [GMT -4:00]

AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated)
AV: Norton Internet Security *On-access scanning disabled* (Outdated)
FW: Norton Internet Security *disabled*

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\a-squared Free\a2service.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k bthsvcs
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLCapSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\common\lib\ioloServiceManager.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLSched.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\WinPatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe
C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k SDRSVC
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Users\Michael P\Desktop\dds.scr
C:\Windows\system32... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209751/not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

My HP 12c is relatively new.  It comes on but none of the keys work.  They click like they are active but nothing happens.  I've gone back to using my HP from colege that is 40 years old.  It works fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-12c-not-responding/td-p/5699321
Relevancy 26.66%

Ok so here is my problem I got a free computer from a buddy of mine He said that it kept crashing on him when we were in Not responding Iraq so he set it aside and got a Not responding new one He told me that if I can fix it then I can have it He wasnt kidding there was alot of crap wrong with this laptop I ran Malware anti-malwarebytes and found about objects infected And that was on a quick scan I deleted all and then ran a full scan which found nothing He claimed that the computer would lock up all programs and show that they were not responding I have gotten this problem and still get it even after I have cleaned the hard drive to the best of my ability I also removed and uninstalled numerous programs that were not needed Im running a Toshiba Satellite A d w a AMD Turion X Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM- GHz Processor and a -bit operating system w GB of RAM Any idea to why all these programs always give me the quot Not responding quot problem

A:Not responding

Also, go to the Microsoft site and download Microsoft Security Essentials. You may find a lot of other stuff, that must be removed.

If you update the system specs, we could probably be a lot more helpful.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268133-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I am having huge problems with my pc. I very rarely use is as my wife and kids tend to always be on it but, when I've come to try and use it, it freezes all the time for about 5 minutes, then works for a few more minutes before freezing again with the message (not responding) at the top. My wife tells me it's been like this for months and months. I've tried everything on the Norton 360 package that I have but nothing at all seems to speed it up. I've spoken to the tech guys who supply my broadband and after running several tests they insist it's not a broadband problem. I don't know what to do next to try to get rid of this problem. It's only a few years old?? Can anyone help suggest what I should do?

Relevancy 26.66%

I am using xp pro and my computer freezes alot or (not Responding). I have defragged, removed unneccesary files and disk cleaned, It still freezes. I am running 512 memory and have run norton anti-virus and no virus, any ideas????
thanks, bdc

A:xp not responding

have you checked the microdoft site for updtaes and service packs ? have you checked that you have updated drivers for your sound card video card etc ?

what about the bios ? check with your motherboard manufacturer in case there is an update to the bios available

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-responding.130681/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a yellow triangle flashing on my right lower tool bar that keeps saying I am infected and then displays in an Exlporer window trying to get me to download and scan and ultimately pay for Antivermins. This is very annoying. I think my boys were viewing porn previous to this although they claim innocence. When I leave the computer to rest a while I come back and some full screen porn ad is on display. I have gone into properties to add these htmls to block but new ones keep popping up. Help?
Mom53

A:Pop Ups Not Responding To Anything

Hi there mom53Is this what you are seeing.........AntiVerminsApparently it's a Rogue Anti-Spyware program.First thing to do is... see if it's in your Add or Remove Programs, you may be able to unistall it from there.Failing that, as this info comes from SuperAntiSpyware..... i would download and run their program.You can get the free version from..... HereOnce installed.... from the main window, click on 'Check for updates' Once you have the updates close the program down.Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following : * Restart your computer * After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually; * Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear; * Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter". * Choose your usual account.Now click on the SuperAntiSpyware icon to start the program.From the main window..... click on 'Scan your Computer'Make sure that the 'c' drive is selected... then click on Complete ScanLet it fix anything that it finds.When the scan is complete... reboot into normal mode.Let us know how things go.Btw.... maybe your boys weren't looking at porn... these popups can come from spyware!!!Don't be too hard on them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68877/pop-ups-not-responding-to-anything/
Relevancy 26.66%

when playing games or just anything on my computer i freeze up for a short time and the program will say NOT RESPONDING after the name of the window i am on what causes this when i am playing a game like poker or other card games i lose my turn

A:not responding

System specs? Has this recently started or an ongoing problem? Have you made any changes recently? New hardware or programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding.754465/
Relevancy 26.66%

Lately, sometimes at random one of my opened programs would freeze ant not respond. So I would use Task Manager to delete the process. But then that not responds and then I can't to anything and have to force restart by holding the power button.

e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Task Manager are open. Chrome freezes, then task manager and firefox would be fine until i open up a new tab or affect it in anyway.

It's also not only applied to programs, Windows Explorer once froze.

Any help to stop this random non-responsiveness.

Relevancy 26.66%

Have been having problem lately w alot of my programs freezing up w Not Responding noted in task manager and have to close program Have defragged ad aware and spybotted to no avail I Responding Not ve looked thru threads but can t seem to Not Responding find cure Do alot of work w PS elements and performance has slowed considerably Also Roxio DVD creator freezes almost everytime I use it now Dell w P- RAM XP home Ran Pitstop and it highlighted fact that CPU usage was while idle No viruses etc found when I run Norton but would note that when I run Liveupdate that it is unable to install quot symantec redirector quot update Thoughts or ideas Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C Program Files Photodex ProShowGold ScsiAccess exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ccPxySvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS MXOALDR EXE C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com v home html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults su http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run MXO Auto Loader C WINDOWS MXOALDR EXE O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP SNDMon EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - DPF C - E - D - - ED Support com ActionRunner Class - http help rr com Foundrysdccommon download tgctlar cab O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http software-dl real com b e f fe netzip RdxIE cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent common bin cabsa cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall antivirus com housecall xscan cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F - http v window... Read more

Relevancy 26.66%

Asus K Jr-X Laptop Computer Intel Core i - M GHz GB DDR GB HDD Windows Home Premium -bit RPMDual-Core ATI Mobility Radeon HD Recently I've been getting a quot Not Responding quot error quite a bit I just Responding Not got this laptop on Tuesday Since then I've been using the newest Firefox and AVG free Often times when I was on firefox it would just go to a not responding error after a while I couldn't even use CTRL ALT DEL to end the program as I used Not Responding to in Vista By the way is this harmful to the laptop I've uninstalled AVG and Firefox and am now using IE Problem is I don't have a antivirus program now The reason I'm mentioning this is that I've read the interactions between antivirus programs and Firefox w addons can cause this I didn't even have addons on Firefox or at least did not install any Anyways I've always read it can be caused due to overheating My laptop hardly even feels hot Is this immediate proof that the cause is not overheating Also are there are free antivirus programs that don't cause this when paired with IE Since then I've also defragged the harddrives Also exactly how bad is doing a reset when the not responding error appears I've done it like - times in the past days It's not happened for a while now since I've gotten rid of the AVG

A:Not Responding

Welcome to SF!

The test to see whether your machine is overheating is using Speedfan to test your temps. Could you please post them?

Second, if you want a good, free anti-virus that won't crash your machine, I can recommend Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials. I can personally vouch for MSE, as it's my favorite.

Also, check your Event Viewer for errors. See if you can identify the cause of these freezes.

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/80124-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello Not Responding. plese can anybody help me at the end of my tether i purchased an upgrade from a shop including Processor motherboard graphics card and Windows existing items one sata hard drive and IDE hard drive amp DVD drive GB RAM GB RAM amp GB RAM purchased one month prior to upgrade Prior to upgrade the computer was freezing often program would show quot not responding quot The shop was asked to format hard drive sata which is only six months old and put windows on the disk However i have continued to have problems Not Responding. when using programs often showing quot not responding quot i have taken the PC back to the shop several times and they say it quot passes quot there quot bench quot tests but despite this it continues to freeze I have used computer in safe mode and it doesn't quot freeze quot but runs slower i have disconnected DVD drive Graphics card IDE hard drive and it still freezes i have deleted partition and re-installed Windows and nothing else but still freezes Other than throwing PC out the window or hitting it with a sledge hammer is there anything else i can do Also what quot bench quot tests would they have done your help would be really appreciated Adam

A:Not Responding.

Let's have a look at these reports: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Although you're not experiencing BSOD's, these reports will contain other info that we can use to try and narrow down your problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/109616-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi guys I ve got a bit of a problem with my laptop running Responding Everything Not Vista A couple Everything Not Responding of weeks ago my Yahoo mail account started sending out spam my usual anti virus wasn t picking anything up so I did a bit of research and downloaded Malwarebytes It picked up a Everything Not Responding trojan and the problem stopped I thought that was the end of that I also updated to the newest version of Adaware That found a trojan too But it s another problem I m having that I m posting here about I just don t know if the above might be connected Everything Not Responding I m making myself sound like a gutter trawling malware attracting so and so XD Goodness knows where they re coming from I usually keep a clean ship but they ve all hit at once like buses Anyway it started with the computer freezing up Ctrl alt del wouldn t work It gave me a black screen and an error something about security I can t remember I booted in safe mode and disabled a couple of suspicious looking entries that ran on startup quot diskperfxp quot - Command C Users Amy AppData Local Temp diskperfxp exe - Location HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot hsa ffushf hoig quot - Command C Users Amy AppData Local Temp qfn poga exe - Location As above It seemed to work better no more black screen not nearly as often anyway But it s pretty slow and every program I start seems to cycle constantly between not responding and responding Trying to browse on Firefox is an exercise in frustration I m posting here with my dad s computer and doing anything on Word is near impossible Apart from the usual cycle if you dare to click on save it ll go not responding for an age I thought I had a veritable Fort Knox of antivirus protection which also might be a problem - overkill on the antivirus but nothing is being detected I ve got an outdated McAfee program the computer came with to that I added Spybot Search and Destroy and Adaware Years ago they seemed to be the two recommended to best keep your computer safe Then when they couldn t detect a particular problem I downloaded SUPERAntiSpyware and ditto with the aforementioned MalwareBytes As far as these are concerned my computer is clean as a whistle Though I m updating them and scanning again as we speak to be sure When you get to the point where you re continually using safe mode to browse the web you realise you ve got to sort the problem out So here I am

A:Everything Not Responding

Welcome aboard I've got an outdated McAfee programWhat's the reason it's outdated?===================================Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459201/everything-not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

I've tried to install 2 programs off of a CD. When I click on install nothing happens because up in the toolbar it reads D:\not responding. Why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-not-responding.300672/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello New here IE sometimes will stop responding I m still connected to my router because Outlook will successfully receive send but IE doesn t Responding!! not IE load any pages Not even the page cannot be displayed page etc Logging off and on again is a temp fix Just started this evening And I believe it is somehow associated with AIM but I ve had that version update for nearly two days and as I said this just started a couple hours ago HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system IE not Responding!! services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum Firewall PavFires exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum APVXDWIN EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NvMixerTray exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum pavProxy exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title o O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA Spybot SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SCANINICIO quot C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum Inicio exe quot O - HKLM Run APVXDWIN quot C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum APVXDWIN EXE quot s O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - Startup Shortcut to NvMixerTray lnk C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NvMixerTray exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - DPF E DE - - B - F -C E A F E Microsoft PID Sniffer - https support microsoft com OAS ActiveX odc cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 26.66%

undefined

A:OE not responding

Hi [email protected]
Welcome to Tech Support Guy Bulletin Board

We need a wee bit more information than what you provided.

What operating system are you using, any Service Packs installed?

What exactly is Outlook Express doing or not doing?

When did this start?

Have you installed or uninstalled any programs before this behavior occurred?

Let us know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oe-not-responding.296159/
Relevancy 26.66%

Clean installed W7 Pro and MS Off, activated on line, Windows update installed updates for Office and W7 SP1, after that check for updates keeps running but doesn't show or install any more.

Downloaded IE 11 manually but still the same.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks.

A:Not responding?

dsl is running fine, installed Chrome, CCleaner.....tried installing MS fix for W7 updates but still the same.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375805-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

almost every time i go to shutdown my computer a box with a progress bar pops up saying that its trying to end the process iexplorer exe theres also a button that says quot end now quot but usualy when i click that the box just goes away quickly and comes back saying the same thing I usualy have to click it a whole bunch of times before responding? not my computer finaly shuts off but this is getting quite annoying i have no idea what could be causeing it Heres my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis not responding? v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet not responding? Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System taskswitch exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C Program Files Weather Watcher ww exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files WallpaperToy Wallpapertoy Exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C Documents and Settings Family Desktop Marcs Stuff Marcs Downloads Installers hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS PCHEALTH HELPCTR System panels blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS PCHEALTH HELPCTR System panels blank htm O - BHO no name - CC -ACF - cac-A A -DD E - C PROGRA DAP dapbho dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar en -big dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Core Library - F FFC - C - bf - F -AB A B - C WINDOWS System KDP f dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar en -big dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic quot C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe quot -Run O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C PROGRA AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLs O - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS System taskswitch exe O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run DIGStream C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe O - HKLM Run Kazaa Download Accelerator Updater required regsvr s C WINDOWS System KDP f dll O - HKCU Run WeatherWatcher C Program Files Weather Watcher ww exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTim... Read more

A:not responding?

someone please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding.241274/
Relevancy 26.66%

Help-Past 3 weeks-when going to any site, I get the message of Not Responding and lasts from 30 seconds to 3 minutes before I can get to a site. Microsoft keeps telling me to send in the report and they will notify me as to a fix-No such luck. Not sure if Internet Explorer is at fault? Any help?

Ed

Relevancy 26.66%

Aol not responding web pages e-mail welcome page I can't possibly be the only one with this problem It's been going on over two months now usually I will have this problem - times a year for a couple weeks at a time but this is not going away this time not AOL responding It doesn't happen on my other tow PCs one desktop and AOL not responding the other laptop all three on the same router None of my AOL not responding friends have this issue AOL tech support tell me to do the same steps over and over again it's like they are not even listening to me say that I have already called them times and they direct me to the same steps I am using winXP IE I thought it was IE that was doing it but apparently not Win AOL not responding is updated except for IE I have done destructive recoveries uninstalled and reinstalled AOL different versions so many times I can't count I've done all their fixes countless times as well There has to be someone else who has had this problem Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/aol-not-responding-325464.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi there,

Before installing Alcohol 120%, I was both playing and copying(using RecordNowDx software) without any problems. Once I installed Alcohol 120% I had problems with recording disks therefore I unstalled it. This uninstallation meant that I am no longer able to open any disks in the CD-RW/DVD COMBO DRIVE. Please note that the drive does appear in the My Computer menu of my WinXP however double clicking it when a working CD is put in shows that the CD is blank (have tried several different CD's).

I have tried to reinstall Alcohol 120%, and also deleted the drive and restarted to let windows redetect it, but still no luck.

Please can someone guide me as to how this issue can be resolved.

Thank You,
Umer.

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Does anyone have any suggestions as what to do about a PC that constanly does not respond It is doing all sorts of silly and annoying things It freezes it does not repsond and lots of times when I click on a link or page up and that sort of thing nothing happens it also closes the program or sometimes the IE down I have taken my PC back to factory settings twice now and still it is no better I only have the softwear programs on it that I really need and all these programs worked fine before Something similar happened a couple of years back and I ended having the PC engineer come in and he put me more memory on it and told me it would be fine and it has been until now I do have an awful lot of files on it but most of not PC responding them are on the D drive and there is still some space on them so they are not completely full Do I need to PC not responding get even more memory I hope not as it costs and I dont have the cash I do have an external drive that I could transfer some files onto Any suggestions as to what I could do myself to help it work better would really be appreciated I am using Windows Vista Home Basic frankiesgirl nbsp

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone this is my first post here and I really hope Responding Not you Not Responding can help I searched the forum for this problem and found a thread but mine seems a bit different so I am starting a new thread I am running Windows Pro x OEM I get the quot not responding quot in ALL applications Opera IE Firefox Word PowerPoint Vlc media WMPlayer or just accessing folders no matter how many are running Here is my hardware list CPU AMD Phenom II X e Heka GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Socket AM W Triple-Core Processor MoBo ASUS M A -AM AM AM AM AMD G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Support DVI Output DDR EPU- Energy Saving PSU case APEVIA X-QBOII X-QBOII-NW-BK Black SECC Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case W Power Supply Cooling aside from the PSU fan I have two other case fans installed quot quot HDD OS is installed on brand new Western Digital Caviar Blue WD AAJS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Several other storage drives from old pc I HAVE reflashed my BIOS and done a clean install of the OS w HDD format I thought it might be an IrQ problem but I have no experience working with those I looked on my Notebook which is working and have a couple of devices on the same channel that are working Check out this thread MS stopped responding to them Windows gives me quot Not Responding quot message a lot Please Help

Disconnect all old storage drives and see if that helps.
If so, then try these free diagnostics on the storage drives:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/78502-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2812 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200, 336 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 224682 MB, Free - 110464 MB; D: Total - 13487 MB, Free - 2246 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 363F
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

i keep getting not responding on everything, ie 8, email, windows 7 and other programs. how do i correct this? happening on both my computers.

Check out http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows-vista/Exit-a-program-that-is-not-responding

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding.1075501/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have recently had a problem with my Internet explorer/ e-mail. When I click on these the program opens and doesn't respond I have to use control ALT delete, im getting a bit sick and tired of this
PLEASE HELP

Relevancy 26.66%

Hello.
I am running Windows 7 64 bit on the HP Pavilion dv6. I have Microsoft security essentials. Recently I have been having problems with Skype and Windows Media Player, every time I open either of them they stop responding. I have uninstalled them both and reinstalled them. I need help.

A:(Not responding)

Quote: Originally Posted by SimonTheCrab

Hello.
I am running Windows 7 64 bit on the HP Pavilion dv6. I have Microsoft security essentials. Recently I have been having problems with Skype and Windows Media Player, every time I open either of them they stop responding. I have uninstalled them both and reinstalled them. I need help.

This means there is possibly one or more programs that could be causing "interference" or in other words causing them to hang with the media player and skype open. You may have to try and clear the registry entries after uninstalling them by using a program like ccleaner to clean out those registry entries and then try and re install them and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/315594-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

After a few hours of using my laptop (HP Probook 4540s with windows 8.1 and 4GB ram) the following happens:

1. It goes very slow.
2. Everything stops responding.
3. My mouse freezes.
4. My volume/speaker icon disappears from my task bar.

I close all programs (takes a very long time) and refresh.

Just before it restarts the explorer.exe error window comes up saying "the instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory 0x00000000 cannot be written. Click OK to terminate."

It them closes and restarts without me clicking ok.

After restarting, all is ok for a few hours and then the same thing happens again.

Any help much appreciated.

I close all programs (takes a very long time) and refresh.

Just before it restarts the explorer.exe error window comes up ...Click to expand...

I've never done the Refresh, so don't know the order of things. Does this explorer.exe error happen after the Refresh or before it really gets started?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding.1131069/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have the new Windows Messenger (MSN). Everytime i go to use the cam, it goes 'not responding' so i have to restart msn. Before today this have never happened before. I've had a scan on my Acer netbook and there is no Infections or viruses. Does anyone know how i can make it not do this so i cam use the cam normally?
I don't think it is the cam cause it shows my movement for a couple of seconds and then goes to 'not responding'.

Any ideas on how to stop this?

A:'Not responding'

This isn't exactly the write area but ok. Have you tried turning it off and on again? If that doesn't work try reinstalling MSN. If that isn't a fix look for your webcam and make sure the driver is up to date from the manufacturers website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/not-responding-582260.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I am forever getting the "Not Responding" . Then it wont end the program..Most of the time I end up rebooting. This am I was speaking to a tech..he said I NEED to opitmize my computer..he did a remote controll.there were over 3,000 items..hidden files etc..the only program..he wanted $165.00 to fix my pc..to clean it up..opitimize it..etc..as polite as i could i told him..NO WAY JOSE.
what & where can i get this done without putting my 1st born up for sale?

HI and welcome to TSF

hahaha

Lets start by explaining little bit more about your situation
Do you get this "not responding" with any program or just one in particular?

Your computer make and model
if custom build then list all the parts
if you are unsure you download speccy and install it will give you all the info
How old is the operating system install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/not-responding-640536.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello Everyone. Im newbie here and i have some question about my PC.. gotta sony vaio windows 7 64bit home premuim. the problem is, too slow my pc to start up. it takes about 15 to 20 mins or more.. and it's always have "not responding" in the upper left corner of the monitor.. i cant use my ms word to do some typing job co'z its pauses 5secs everytime. What should i do sir/ma'am? Please need some help.. Thank Much everyone!

A:Not Responding..

Hello Ddongvox and welcome to Seven Forums.

It would help if you told us your system specs. At the top of any Forum page, click on "User CP". Then in the left column click on "Edit System Spec". In the scetion for make/model of computer, also indicate if it's a laptop, desktop, tablet, etc.

System Info - See Your System Specs

Depending on how old your Vaio is, you may be able to speed things up with just some general maintenance tasks. My recommendations are:

1. Do a full scan with your updated anti-virus suite. No anti-malware product is 100% effective 100% of the time. (If there was such a thing we'd all be using it.) Run an additional on-demand scan with any of these free products. The more scans you run (one at a time!) the more likely your computer is not infected.

Malwarebytes

ESET Online Scanner

SuperAntispyware

HitmanPro 3 - SurfRight

2. If you don't use hibernation, disable it.

Hibernate - Enable or Disable

3. Run Disk Cleanup to include deleting any unnecessary system files (Step 5.)

Disk Cleanup - Open and Use

4. Run Disk Defragmenter.

Disk Defragmenter - Open and Use

5. Go through this list for additional optimizing suggestions. Not everything will apply to you and you don't have to do anything else if you don't want to. But definitely do the four things above.

Optimize Windows 7

Please post back if anything helped or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/264911-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

The most annoying thing I've been getting on my computer is the 'Not Responding' message.

I've had two computers and two operating systems in the past 4 years - and it has been the same with each... 'Not Responding'.

I have to use Windows Task Manager to get things moving again.

Is it just with me, or is this normal? It's incredibly frustrating. I've felt like putting my boot through the monitor screen.

A:... 'not Responding'

Can you be a little more precise with your description? What exactly is it not responding to?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156075/not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have Compaq Presario laptop with windows xp and a lot of room on hard drive.

what is my darn problem.

I go to open a program or open my browser (FireFox) and it won't do anything. Eventually I get a window that it is not responding, (I know this). Also in that window it has this in the title:
hpqimsone.exe. I have to restart to get things straightened out.

I had this problem once before and it eventually corrected itself apparently. Now it is back.
It goes thru that business of notifying Microsoft. Help or suggestion please. Thankyou

hpqimzone.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 479232 bytes (73% of all occurrence), 475136 bytes.
The program is not visible. The file is not a Windows core file. The application can be removed using the control panel Add\Remove programs applet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding.760729/
Relevancy 26.66%

For the past few weeks my Pc has been seizing up and it can take up to an hour to get online, quite often it wont even shut down from the start menu, when I do get connected I keep getting 'Not Responding' this is in firefox and I.E it also happens with most applications that I am trying to use like my documents ect.

I have run chkdsk and tried safe mode to restore it to a previous date but neither of these have helped. I have the windows XP disk if that would help at all.

A:PC not responding

Have you checked in the Taskmanager which application/process uses much CPU? For taskmanager alt-ctrl-del, look on the processes-tab to see the CPU usage for each process.
How much RAM do you have installed?
Do you have your XP Services packs and updates installed?
Did you do any malware scans?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210807/pc-not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Compaq Presario laptop with windows xp DSL and I am not too computer savy At times I go to open a program on the internet or a document not responding of mine and the little hourglass stays on Then a message will show up that the program is not responding They have me send messages about it to MSN-over and over again Things are locked up at this time and I can t get anything to do anything I click around a lot and usually I can get the computer to restart and every thing is ok The computer just won t shut down for some reason This doesn t happen too often but seems to not responding be getting more frequent I have done all the scanning defragmenting etc that I can find Anyone have any ideas what the problem is Or am I going to have to take it to an not responding per hour computer fix-it shop to get it to run right I am retired and it is very frustrating at times Am I doing something wrong or what thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding.750271/
Relevancy 26.66%

Every few minutes or so I get a box that pops up saying that something isn't responding one of them boxes asking whether Something responding? not to send an error report or not The problem is I have NO clue what the heck is not responding I haven't opened anything that wouldn't respond and it doesn't name a program It names some Something not responding? giant mix of numbers and letters w h c q h r b j q n m c c f t u h r to be exact So I clicked on the thing to tell me what the technical info on the error and it usually says Something not responding? it has something to do with these C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp WER f dir delextra exe mdmp C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp WER f dir appcompat txt Only the WER f dir is always changing at least the number after WER and before dir always is with every error-thing Nothing is running weird on my computer and the anti-virus stuff is picking nothing up But it happens every few minutes or so and it's irking me to no end Help please anyone

Relevancy 26.66%

Ok this is a harsh one!!!

I bought a CD-RW drive which is a Ricoh MP7083ADP... I have had it for a year now and all of a sudden after making one burn it doesnt repsond, the burn was a success and it worked a bit after the burn, but then i restarted and the drive LCD goes on and of three times and then starts flickering quckly on and off. It does this even when there is no CD in the drive, it is recognised by the BIOS and windows 98. Plaese help as soon as possible
thanks

Janaid

A:CD-RW not responding

Maybe a background task is tying it up. I recommend you run MSCONFIG, click the Startup tab and uncheck any suspicious items. You can experiment safely because you can recheck any of them if you find you needed it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-not-responding.65614/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have Microsoft Lumia 650 and I need I AM RESPONDING app for fire dept I am currently with right now.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436685-how-can-i-get-i-am-responding-app.html
Relevancy 26.66%

We have dial up internet and when i try to connect it tells me dns not responding. How can i fix this. It used to work now i don't know what's happened. Please help

A:dns not responding

I would guess a problem with your ISP's DNS server. Call them or wait awhile until they fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dns-not-responding.1041683/
Relevancy 26.66%

so i was surfing and on the way my connection was lost. no internet was going through the router. i tryed reseting the router but i didn't solve anything and so i did a troubleshoot and it says DNS is not rsponding.

A:DNS is not responding?!?

Temporarily change your DNS servers to Google's. Instructions here - Using Google Public DNS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dns-is-not-responding-572180.html
Relevancy 26.66%

firefox keeps giving me a "script not responding". how can I fix this??

There are many causes; to find some of them, and possible cures, go to:

Index page ? mozillaZine Forums

There, on the right side of the page, in the Search Boards: box enter:

script not responding

Then, select and read some of the threads that the search returns; with at least a modicum of good luck, this will lead you to whatever it is that you need to do to remedy the malady.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/353239-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Every time I use my computer, whether I open Firefox or Notepad, it freezes with "not responding." After a minute or so it releases. Then it happens periodically. What do I do to make this stop?

A:Not responding...

Could be a memory issue. How much memory have you got in your computer? As it is 32-bit, there is no point in installing any more than 4GB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/236094-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Dell with Windows XP. Recently, I have started having serious problems. Any program that I attempt to open freezes up and says "not responding" I've tried AVG, Malware Bytes, SuperAntiSpyware, CCleaner and nothing has helped. I can get on the internet in Safe Mode, which is also where I've been able to run those programs. Nothing works in regular mode. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

A:"not responding"

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Then post your DDS and GMER logs as a reply to this topic. Once you have done that I will remove my reply and consolidate the posts so that you retain your correct place in the queue.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394523/not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

my laptop HP cq61-313US notebook constantly freezes up, I the do a ctl-alt-delete to get it back up. I have windows 7, ie11. any suggestions on fixing this problem?

Here is the support site for the HP CQ61-313US (VM367UA#ABA) laptop.

You might want to add and save this site in your browser's favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

You might want to go here in the "Solve a problem" section to see if any of the issues mentioned applies to your laptop.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding.1115886/
Relevancy 26.66%

Is there any way known to man to get rid of this constant "Not Responding" alert. It's gotten so I don't even bother with IE as a browser any more because of it. Firefox is getting to be almost as bad. This isn't just an occasional problem, it happens at least a dozen times a day. I also get it frequently with other applications and games, both MS and third party.

I've used every version of Windows from the very first up through Vista, and various versions of DOS before that, and I have never encountered anything even remotely this bad.

Any suggestions?

A:Not Responding?

Put the computer into clean boot. If everything works get back and we will go to the next step
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302319-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

MY COMPUTER WAS BOUGHT IN OCTOBER 2010 AND ITS BEEN A PROBLEM SINCE DAY ONE(HP PRESARIO CQ 5600F) PROBLEM 1. NO DVD OPERATION,PROBLEM 2. WOULD NOT WAKE UP. HP SLOVE BOTH PROBLEMS, HOWEVER NOW 95% OF THE TIME I GET " NOT RESPONDING " ON ALL PROGRAMS. SOMETIME IT TAKES 10 TO FIFTEEN MINUTES BEFORE THE COMPUTER OPERATES. iF I LEAVE IT IDLE FOR OVER 5 MINUTES ITS FROZEN. SLEEP MODE HAS BEEN DISABLED, BUT I BELIEVE THIS IS A SLEEP MODE ITS IN WHEN I LEAVE IT IDLE. HP ADVISE ME TO DO A COMPLETE RESTORE. HELP.

It is probably good to go along with that advice, to do a complete restore.

When your computer starts, initially there should be a black screen with writing, where (down the bottom of the screen) it says "Press F2 to do this, F10 to do that", etc. At that screen, see which one says "Press ?? to start Recovery Manager" or something like that, then press that Function button (repeatedly until the manger starts).

When you start the Recovery Manager, it should be straightforward to read what it is saying and to select a "Restore to Factory Defaults/Settings". This should restore the laptop to the condition you got it in.

You will lose your files with this operation, so if you have any files, try to copy them onto some sort of storage device (say a USB flash drive), if you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/not-responding-553661.html
Relevancy 26.66%

pc was not responding to any commands.. so thought i would do a reinstall, however when i get to the format part,, it says windows cannot be installed to this disk,, the disk is gpt partition style ....help please

A:pc not responding

go into your bios settings and disable Legacy support as your PC is using UEFI support and booting in legacy mode..
or when booting up PC go into your boot menu and select the UEFI boot option for the USB/DVD

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/65763-pc-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Frequently I* get Not Responding as a message on AOL and also sometimes on Internet Explorer

A:AOL not responding

AOL not responding message in Internet Explorer? Or is it a different error message?
Do you remember any recent changes in your computer that might have triggered the issue?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396328/aol-not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

So I've never had this problem until this last 2 days. Just randomly my internet started going really slow and then no matter what website, I'd get some error and the message "[so and so website] can't be found because the DNS look up failed". This seems to happen randomly. It works for a while, then it goes really slow again, I get the error. I restart the router and everything, then it works again, but it just keeps coming back after a while. Is there anyway I can fix this? What is causing it? I didnt change anything. This just seemed to have happened randomly. Please help me thank

A:Dns isn't responding...

What DNS server are you using? If one assigned by your ISP perhaps they are having trouble; try a free public DNS server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dns-isnt-responding.1071693/
Relevancy 26.66%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8072 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -1984 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 692799 MB, Free - 463270 MB; E: Total - 2035 MB, Free - 2021 MB; G: Total - 20252 MB, Free - 3088 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 17F6
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

IE11 won't open links in a new tab when I click on them. It will open my home page, but after that, it will only give me a "blank page" when I click on a link. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice and still the same trouble. I ran Malwarebytes and MSE on it and really nothing. So what could be the problem?

Thanks

Relevancy 26.66%

I was advised to uninstall/reinstall IE & OE because from time to time I get "not responding" message. I run XP Pro SP2 but can find only IE 6 SP1. Do I use the SP1 and does it include OE? Thanks in advance

A:IE & OE not responding

6.1a is the latest (except for the patches) from MicroSoft. Have you tried to update thru Windows update?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/31202/ie-oe-not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

I hope I posted this in the right place. I am not very computer savvy so please bear with me. I have Windows XP and I am constantly getting "Not Responding" and my computer freezes up. I press F4 and Ctrl + Alt and Esc and it will help at times. It is so annoying and can't find out how to fix this. I hope you can help I am at my wits end. Thanks

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response (even though you're not getting BSOD's): http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ml#post3566450

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/not-responding-621615.html
Relevancy 26.66%

hi my xp pc latley when i switch it on and after a few mintues it says my window explorer is not responding what wud be wrong with it then your help would be greatful thanks i have bull guard anti virus

A:why my pc keeps saying its not responding

Go to Start/Run and type eventvwr.msc and hit enter. In the Event Viewer go to System and Application on the Left and see if there are any Red X's listed. If so, double click them and see what application or driver is causing the problem. Also, be sure all fans are blown out with compressed air. You can also go to Start/Run and type CMD in the Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and hit enter. Then type a Y and reboot the computer. The Check Disk utility will start at next bootup to fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-my-pc-keeps-saying-its-not-responding-547039.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi to all,
I have just formatted my h/d and now I can not get my dvd rom to work. When I try and run a disk I get an error

F:\ is not accessible
A device attached to the system is not functioning

Any help would be much appreciated........... thanks

Relevancy 26.66%

It seems to be happening more and more with Internet Explorer, that it freezes up, then the not Responding shows up, and I eventually have to close off the program. Help what is causing this

Try going through the steps in this tutorial:

Internet Explorer - Reset

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220499-not-responding.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I have Compaq Presario notebook,, Windows xp, dial-up and plenty of ram?left.

What causes and what should one do when you open a program and it won't work? The computer screen more or less freezes up. I usually can get things to clear up back to the desktop and then I restart. All this takes awhile..After restarting all is ok. Thanks.

Relevancy 26.66%

I hope I am posting in the right place. My Windows 7 pc has been acting up for quite a while. I am not sure if it's an ISP issue or just my pc. When I am running IE or Firefox or Chrome, my websites become non-responsive. Or I will click on a link and nothing happens. It is very "jumpy" meaning pages seem to lock and then switch to new pages after some time has passed. I get the message box pop-up saying that IE is uisng so much RAM and it is usually over 250 MB. I am not sure if it's a hardware issue or internet issue. I did a speedtest and came back over 4 mbps. My issues seem to get worse by the evening. I don't have many issues when using software...just internet websites.

A:IE Not Responding

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1083705-ie-not-responsive.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-not-responding.1083706/
Relevancy 26.66%

Please help...just getting constant 'not responding' with everything I try to do. PC, only 6 months old, running Win 7.

I would run all the programs mentioned but just typing this message is painfully slow. I can't even start to download something without it locking everything up.

I don't use this thing for anything that would draw a lot of memory, but system shows 96% memory use with just one program running. Don't download anything, don't play games...pretty simple stuff.

I have run msconfig and cut down all the startup programs. Have also run Spybot and Malware Bytes and not found anything.

Thanks in advance, I'm desperate.

Relevancy 26.66%

Can anyone tell me why I get This site or page is not responding?It happens very often.I dont seem to have any malware or such nasties.

XP home SP2 IE 7

washton It could be a ton of things.

Read this it might help.. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178084

good luck man..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding.666394/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi
I am getting random Not Responding when using Outlook, Firefox browser, and even when trying to play simple Windows games (e.g. Solitaire)
I have Windows 7 64-bit PC.

Relevancy 26.66%

So in som applications i run such a League of Legends i get a not responding bug in which if i open my task manager it goes from "Not responding" to "running" ever couple of seconds. here is a link to a video of what is going on also.

A:Not responding bug.

Are you still having this problem? If so, try running sfc /scannow at an Administrator's Command Prompt. Start->Programs->Accessories->right click on command prompt and select run as adminstrator->at the prompt type "sfc /scannow" and click enter. Let the scan finish and then at the command prompt again type this:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will create a log on your desktop called sfcdetails.txt. It pulls the most recent results from a very large file. Not sure if its possible to copy/paste the results, but maybe you can upload them. If not, try the copy/paste into a message...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding-bug.1161662/
Relevancy 26.66%

I try to turn on my desktop computer then it loads Windows XP and the bar goes from left to right blah,blah,blah.... Then After that loading screen, my screen just goes black

ctrl+alt+delete

in task manager find explorer.exe and end the task then go to file-run and type explorer and hit enter

that will refresh the explorer and it should load.

there could me a million reasons why this wont work but.

have you tried starting the computer and pressing f8 till you get the option for safe mode and getting in that way to perform a restore?

might be a good time to backup all data if u get into safe mode also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-responding-515156.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi i used to just plug my usb cable into the computer and phone and it will come up on the screen now nothing.I've tried it on another computer and it works,before when i put the usb cable into the computer it used to make a noise a message will pop up saying now nothing.My computer working ok my os is windows xp home edition.I've got 3 phone none work on mine they used to

A:Usb Not Responding

Open up Device Manager and click on the +'s. Are there any yellow exclamation points by anything?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164342/usb-not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all, sorry about that Joshuacat, I was just going through the log and saw what i thought was the same problem as mine. Anyway

For about 2 weeks now everytime I open my O E I use windows XP with SP2, with wanadoo as my ISP it does not connect to my Pop 3 after about 5 minutes I get the error message "A time out occurred while communicating with the server. Server pop.central.cox.net, Protocol POP3, Port:110, Secure (SSL): No, Error number 0x800CCC19".
I then close my OE and enter the internet through Internet Explorer, again after 5 minutes I reopen my OE and it works fine collecting all my messages as normal.

At the very same time as this happend when I close down windows it takes ages ond only closes down after the erroe message END PROGRAME CCP APPS

Thanks Clank

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40667/pop-3-not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just did a fresh install after upgrading my motherboard but when i group a folder by date modified everything starts to crash my browser, explorer, utorrents. At first I had no idea what was going on.. but if i set my folder to no grouping and that made the computer fine.

Any ideas? so weird....

A:Everything Not Responding ENR!!

Quote: Originally Posted by johnoppa

I just did a fresh install after upgrading my motherboard but when i group a folder by date modified everything starts to crash my browser, explorer, utorrents. At first I had no idea what was going on.. but if i set my folder to no grouping and that made the computer fine.

Any ideas? so weird....

Hi there,

First thing i would say is utorrents P2P is always risky. There are chances it might be a Malware infection. Download Malwarebytes and install it and reboot in Safe Mode and do a complete scan.

If you're using heavy Internet Security sutie like Norton, McAfee uninstall it for the time being and see if that has any affect on the system. Reboot the system in Selective Startup Run Selective Startup using System Configuration

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155402-everything-not-responding-enr.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I am having problems with Internet access on onw pC. The PC obtaines internet access on a wireless basis.

Many times each day i will get a web page freeze and the hourglass and then not responding message.

It happens with all websites.

What can I do to try to fix this problem

The PC is about 6 months old ( AMD 3800 dual processor with 1 GN of memory)

The PC is well maintain in terms of clutter, spyware, anti virus etc.

Thanks

You may a faulty hardware. Try and rebuild the router by resetting it and then see if you keep getting web page freezes.

Let us know how that goes, you never know you may have to get a new router.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87368/not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

Computer will lock up for a short time. In the windows task manager, the program I am trying to open or use has "not responding". This last for a short time sometimes and for much longer at times.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-responding-409854.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Last year on this site Broni helped me Everything is responding not tremendously with a malware problem I had on a different computer Hopefully someone can help Everything is not responding again All of a sudden this morning my laptop started not Everything is not responding responding Reboot after reboot all I had to do was open any program or directory and after a minute Everything is not responding or two the whole laptop lapsed into a non-responding funk I got a message at times that windows was not responding I would usually get notices upon rebooting that my Kaspersky AV was not activated It also looked like from what was on a log that the AV software had updated this morning Finally there was a message that the Kaspersky quot self defense quot component was activated Don t know if any of that means anything I managed by downloading HJT on a different machine and running it in safe mode to get the HJT log I am posting below I am posting this from a different machine Thank you for your attention to this Seebo Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C windows Explorer EXE C windows system ctfmon exe C Users s metrau Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Bing Bar Helper - dad af -ef f- f -ac b- fcb - C Program Files Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO AVG Rewards - EE BD - B- ce- A - B D D - C Program Files AVG Rewards AVGRewards dll O - Toolbar Bing Bar - eec f - b - aba- bf-ec a e - quot C Program Files Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot file missing O - HKLM Run XI C DRV X XENGINE EXE O - HKLM Run BCSSync quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe quot DelayServices O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Real RealPlayer update realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations MP avp exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software ... Read more

Relevancy 26.66%

my windows (Vista) mediaplayer is not responding

my windows(vista) mediaplayer is not responding

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding.705919/
Relevancy 26.66%

for the past - days Mozilla Firefox keeps getting the Not Responding) (Not Everything Responding notice and shortly thereafter the computer itself will not run very well I have unistalled Mozilla installed Chrome and now Chrome will not work I have been using IE to get info as well as download the necessary files to post Yet my computer still freezes notRepsonding Here is the Hijack this file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Everything (Not Responding) Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Everything (Not Responding) Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO no name - MRI DISABLED - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run WirelessAssistant C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run googletalk C Program Files x Google Google Talk googletalk exe autostart O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files x Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM RunOnce GrpConv grpconv -o O - HKCU Run LightScribe Control Panel C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe -hidden O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe quot -autorun O - HKCU Run SansaDispatch C Users Owner AppData Roaming SanDisk Sa... Read more

A:Everything (Not Responding)

I guess I should say here that I had some Malware doctor thing pop up on my computer that would not let me do anything. It had this report that I read on the internet was justa false report to make you pay for the thing. It was a real pain and in talking to a friend he said to just do a system restore. I did this and it worked for a few days. So far today I have disconnected the internet and the comp runs ok. So I guess the main problem is when I'm connected to the internet (which I need to be for work) which is the problem.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everything-not-responding.952149/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Windows XP computer with an Intel Pentium 4 processor and every time i log on, it freezes for a while. when i open any program it stalls for a while and usually shows "not Responding" on the top. How can i fix this?

A:XP Not Responding

Open MSconfig disable everything except your antivirus.If you connect wirelessly then do not disable anything that reads wireless.REoot.You do not need anything other than your AV starting with your machine.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/index.html
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb963902
unzip Autoruns to your desktop run it.See any entries that read file not found when you see them right click and select delete do this only for the entries that read file not found also uncheck any scheduled task that are set to run on your machine,close the program.
After completing the above task then Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
double click on TFC.exe to run it.If TFC doesnt prompt a reboot then please do so manually

Hit start at the lower left hand corner type cmd in the run box and copy and paste the following info chkdsk /r Hit enter it will ask to schedule a check disk on the next reboot hit y type exit then reboot your machine it will take a good while to finish let it be this is normal.
Then defrag your machine. <link removed>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-responding.1047557/
Relevancy 26.66%

When using powerpoint, I often get the message "powerpoint not responding". How can I avoid this?

try a repair of office
what windows version are you running
what version of office
repair should be available in control panel > programs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/not-responding-1112689.html
Relevancy 26.66%

hi recently I have been having trouble with me ie every time I go to open my ie it will open then it freezes and says not responding I have tried everything but nothing seems to work can someone please help me!!!!!

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I Responding? Not have recently encountered Not Responding? a number of problems with my web browsers The lag is in the form of the non response that you get when you try to end a process with control alt delete I m not sure what Not Responding? is causing it and I need some help Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files D-Link AirPlus XtremeG DWL-G AirPlusCFG exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C WINDOWS Twain Samsung CLX Scan Pc exe C WINDOWS Samsung PanelMgr SSMMgr exe C Program Files SmarThru Office BackUpSvr exe C Program Files SmarThru Office LegacyLauncher exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility PMBCore SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar BS Player ControlBar - C - EB - - - CB BA F - C Program Files BS Player ControlBar BSToolbar dll O - Toolbar Veoh Web Player Video Finder - FBB -D D - f a-A E - B BFC - C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer VeohIEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run D-Link AirPlus XtremeG DWL-G C Program Files D-Link AirPlus XtremeG DWL-G AirPlusCFG exe O - HKLM Run ANIWZCS Service C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe ... Read more

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi there well.. not responding PC I recently downloaded a package of stuff including audio converters recording studios etc I ve also downloaded Quicktime The audio converter didn t work so I ve uninstalled that and everything that came with it I PC not responding well.. still have Quicktime which I use for iTunes All of a sudden my PC has been very slow when starting up or whenever I try to open something Online videos are slurring when I try to watch them it isn t the network connection because it does the same thing when I try listening to audio files stored on my PC This morning I ve started the PC up and now I can t use the toolbar at the bottom of the screen It makes a noise when I click on it It won t allow me to click on the Start menu or any of the PC not responding well.. icons on that toolbar When I scan for viruses and spyware using ESET NOD PC not responding well.. Antivirus nothing comes up What should I do Kind regards Charlotte nbsp

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

Wondered if someone could help me. I'm trying to fix my sister's p.c.. basically it's not responding, everything runs very slow and furthermore certain letters wont type, e and q to name a few.

Have run spybot and anti virus nothing has come up and i'm just about out of ideas

Thanks

A:Pc not responding ect..

If you can,

Please click here to download and install the HijackThis installer.​
Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-not-responding-ect.842579/
Relevancy 26.66%

My Internet Explorer browser has mysteriously developed a 'NOT RESPONDING' message when I access certain web sites. I went to the windows update, and to the internet explorer update sites to see if they had an update that would make this problem go away; they didn't though. I always run spybot S&D and AdAware SE and have NIS 2004. Can anyone help? The 'NOT RESPONDING' message appears in IE's Title Bar (I think) -- the blue bar at the top of the browser.

-Rod

Relevancy 26.66%

I am having a great deal of problems lately trying to connect to the internet, I keep getting 'not responding' all the time this is in firefox and I.E. I have downloaded Registry Mechanic and run a full scan, which found and fixed 492 errors, but it has made no difference I am only connected for a couple of minutes before I get the message (It is taking at least 30 minutes to get connected at all) then I have to keep pressing refresh to get it to restart.
This happening in every program I use, not only internet ones. I am at my wits end as I do not know what else I can do to fix it. I am using Windows XP.

Relevancy 26.66%

Have had new PC two days and this is first time I've used Vista.
Today I must have had the not responding freeze 10 times, and when doing different things like browsing with Firefox, installing programmes from CD or looking at e-mail. Each time I couldn't ctrl-alt-delete (assume this still works on vista) so have had to switch off and on again.
I thought Vista would be stable by now, could I have installed something that conflicts?
Any help gratefully received.

Relevancy 26.66%

I have been having alot of problems with Internet Explorer not responding over and over and I have to wait for it to catch up I had a virus recently and I thought I got rid of it but now im not sure Today IE not responding!!? I also had a hard time starting up the computer it kept freezing Please help me Thanks Kristen Here is IE not responding!!? a hijack log for help if needed Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP IE not responding!!? WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http gamebattles com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Verizon Broadband Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - FADCF - C PROGRA VERIZO VERIZO DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar Verizon Broadband Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - FADCF - C PROGRA VERIZO VERIZO DLL O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run VerizonServicepoint exe quot C Program Files x Verizon VSP VerizonServicepoint exe quot AUTORUN O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run CarboniteSetupLi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-not-responding.918813/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Hewlett Packard model No m n with a Intel R core TM cpu GHz MB RAM memory IE responding not bit operating system windows vista and a Nvidia geforce LE graphics card I have it set up for two seperate profiles On my profile IE not responding everything works fine but my girlfriend was logged on to her profile and opened up webshots on internet explorer after she logged off of IE not responding webshots she closed IE not responding the IE browser then tried to open up browser again and then it said connecting for a few seconds and then got eh IE not responding message She canceled the browser and a message poped up saying that windows operating system searching for solutions for the problem and dissapeared and i still have no solution Now every time i try to get on the IE browser it keeps doing the same thing over and over again But i can get on it just fine on my profile how can i fix this nbsp

Relevancy 26.66%

This is the message I receive after my opening display screen and I have opened Task Manager Suddenly it will display quot Not Responding quot Attempts to enter Internet Explorer can responding Not lead to same Not responding message whether run with or without quot Add-Ons quot The system is essentially dormant until it decides to respond Sometimes moving the page up or down will activate it Obviously I have trouble reaching this excellent program and viewing the achives or checking an active thread because of the uncertain response Gmail does work however Your help wouild Not responding be appreciated System details amp Hijackthis log follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System ups exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files WinKey WinKey exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Password Safe pwsafe exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM notepad exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM notepad exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook no name - - E - FD - - F E FC - no file R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Google Desktop Search Capture - c ce - e - fc - - c - C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIE dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-responding.952174/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a new HP laptop (three days old). Today most of the time when trying to X-out of a page, I get up at the top, "Internet Explorer is not responding"!!!!! Most of the time I have to shut it off to get it to clear. What on earth could be wrong this time with this HP? I already had so much trouble with the last one that was less than a year old that they sent me a new one!! ARG!!!

A:Ie Not Responding?

I had that problem, Try tabbing, or use control panel then add/remove programs, and uninstall anything you dont use that didnt come with the laptop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/133001/ie-not-responding/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi running IE7 and it freezes a lot, It displays Internet Explore not responding. Sometimes it lets me close it out but comes back with restart program or close program. It can be the first IE opened or the second. Have 3GB ram on this 32bit Vista Premium. I have deleted cookies, all internet temp files, have tried running with on add ons and with add ons. It didn't do this prior with IE7. Microsoft on live update just added it. I'm getting balder with this, Thanks

A:IE not responding

You can remove IE7 if you feel like it caused your problem. It should be listed in "Add/Remove programs" in the Control Panel.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191934/ie-not-responding/