Windows Support Forum

Identifying the login cookie?

Q: Identifying the login cookie?

Since I have been using various cookie cleaners on my browser (Maxthon 2.5.18.1000), my opening site (home page) now needs me to sign in before it opens to my customized page. I figure that if I can identify the "login cookie," I should be able to exclude it from being cleaned. How does one identify a cookie that is used to login?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Identifying the login cookie?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Identifying the login cookie?

Hello Adam,

You could use the cookie manager feature in the free program CCleaner to make it easier to know and select what cookies to keep. This way when youd use the "Cleaner" option in CCleaner, it will also delete all cookies except this you added to "Cookies to Keep".

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/181892-identifying-login-cookie.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have on my Chrome browser some cookies, whose origins are not identifiable, as they are listed by such as a string of random letters or numbers.

How may I find by what site they have been placed on the computer? Please.

A:Chrome: a question on identifying origin of a cookie.

I'm using Chromium but it should work the same as in Chrome

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/215478-chrome-question-identifying-origin-cookie.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm running the latest edition of Firefox, and all of a sudden, it doesn't remember any of my sites that I'm logged into after i exit the browser. I'm having to log in to everything when I bring the browser up, and i didn't have to do that before. I don't have this problem with IE 7, but most of the sites and forums I'm on work best with Firefox. Help plz?

Relevancy 56.76%

Whoo okay I have a weird one Maybe you guys can help because I m afraid I m a little out of my depth First of all necessary specs My mum is running Windows Home Premium on her laptop with AVG Free Anti-Virus She uses Chrome Firefox loops errors login and Cookie enabled cookies Solved: are when and Safari Cookies are enabled on all browsers Solved: Cookie errors and login loops when cookies are enabled I m running Ubuntu quot Lucid Lynx quot I use Chromium and Firefox occasionally Opera Cookies are enabled on all browsers I also have an iPad which is running the latest software Never had a problem with cookies before My brothers use Facebook through Xbox They can t log in either My router settings are set to allow cookies and according to my ISP my internet is up and doing fine Now the issue My mum noticed a login loop when she tried to get into Facebook Every time she tried to log in it would just redirect her to the login screen I tried the same thing to no avail I can t log in to some other sites as well such as Photobucket I can t upload to tinypic either However as you may have noticed I can log in to forums just fine - however it only keeps me logged in for one session even if I ask it to remember me My neighbours don t seem to be having this issue - except for the neighbour that shares our internet She can t log in to Facebook either Now here s the kicker I thought it might have something to do with our IP so I tried using the Tor Vidalia proxy assistant to log in to Photobucket from a different server location It worked So we can log in to various websites via proxy but not from our home IP Weird right Anyway I was wondering if there was something I was overlooking - I feel like I ve tried everything Reinstalling router software clearing cookies cache restart etc etc I would really appreciate anyone who could help me I thank the volunteers who support here nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

hi, just info gathering here; anyone know about http cookie monter intrusion attacks. I have mozilla firefox-latest version 1-0-4, for awhile,.. but just recently my Norton's is detecting/halting quite a few 'http cookie monster' attack intrusion attempts while I browse with Firefox. It's determined to be a 'moderate' threat.... any input out there on this? [ps.I did some googling on this and went to Firefox site- just seeking members input here]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mmm-cookie-cookie-monster-mozilla.379959/
Relevancy 37.41%

Firefox keeps asking me for the proxy username and password - on every page, often multiple times.

Firefox, on this machine, asks me for a username and password for every single page. Just once for a very simple page with no graphics or Javascript, and several times if there are multiple items on the page: I have to login 5 times before it will show Google. This is really annoying - as you can imagine.
Any ideas what I can do to stop Firefox asking for a proxy login every time it tries to download a page??

Quite a little conundrum for me anyway....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-proxy-login-and-login-and-login-again-630797.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Firefox keeps asking me for the proxy username and password - on every page often multiple times I've just installed firefox on a WinXP laptop and plugged it into a university LAN The set up is all pretty default you and Firefox login login and again proxy login know exceptions for local addresses and so on The connection seems fine and IE finally seems to be okay even downloading from Firefox proxy login and login and login again Windows Update which was a real pain to get to work but that's another story Firefox proxy login and login and login again When I start up a browser I have to give a username and password for the proxy same when I download something or run an Active X control This isn't too bad But on Firefox on this machine asks me for a username and password for every single page Just once for a very simple page with no graphics or Javascript and several times if there are multiple items on the page I have to login times before it will show Google This is really annoying - as you can imagine Also the Add-ons and the extensions for firefox won't down load but set off a dialog saying that it can't install because of download error - According to http kb mozillazine org Unable to oad Error - this may be due to a firewall or spybot incompatibility I've got Trend Micro Office Scan client on the machine and this works with a server on the university's server as I understand it if that makes any sense - I downloaded it from the IT department's antivirus page The Trend OfficeScan client's firewall is disabled but I've got just a standard windows firewall installed nothing special and I can't see anything different on my machine than on the other machines that work fine I've got a desktop with a Celeron processor on which Firefox runs fine In fact I don't have to login quite so often on that one either even in IE Any ideas what I can do to stop Firefox asking for a proxy login every time it tries to download a page Quite a little conundrum for me anyway

A:Firefox proxy login and login and login again

... and just to make things fun: If I download a Firefox extension to the desktop and open it in Firefox, it says "not a valid install package" , error -207 ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-proxy-login-and-login-and-login-again-130764.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I've heard that using 2 RAM sticks with different clock speeds can cause instability in PC's. Because of all the problems I've been getting I was wondering if anyone could verify whether or not it matters that my RAS ~ CAS Latency on one of the sticks is 4 clocks whilst on the other stick it is 3 clocks. Same goes for the RAS Precharge which on one is 4 clocks and the other 3 clocks. It would be a great help if someone could just tell me whether or not this is a bad setup as I can easily get the one stick replaced with no costs.

Thanks,
Kev

A:Help identifying RAM

Step 1: Download, install and open Everest Home Edition
Step 2: Click motherboard
Step 3: Click SPD
Step 4: Look at Memory Speed

This tells you what speed the memory sticks are running at. You should toss the lower one and buy a new stick of the same brand, preferrably the same type. This will give you the most stability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-identifying-ram.30866/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi there, i need Help to identify a ram labeled 05-BE1072-09 AE other side BP ML E186014 94V-0.There are 8 Chips per side.

A:Need help identifying RAM

Are they installed in a computer? If so, download CPU-Z, and use that to find out. All I could find out from the numbers you gave is that the second one is a type of PCB made by Brain Power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-identifying-ram.139561/
Relevancy 36.12%

im not sure what this is used for, or what it is:suspiciou I have looked around but havent found anything on it...
does anybody know? if you cant tell from the pic, it says IN and OUT, each one has composite hookups and an s-video. The end of the cable is VGA out.

A:Need help identifying this......

It's a video port extender. It's so you don't have to reach behind your chassis to plug in video devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-identifying-this.82969/
Relevancy 36.12%

Im always trying to expand my knowledge about computers and i usually do it from this site and here i am back again with anotehr question blush Its about Ram this time Identifying Ram Now up till now i only knew ther were kidna of ram DDR and SDRAM the difference being that SDRAM had slots on the stick and DDR only had one Ive never really understood the who pc thing either i didnt think that mattered compatibility-wise anyways But it turns out i was wrong As i s working on gettin my m sum new ram and i told him to send me a report thing so i could c wxactly what kidna ram he had so the one he got would fit and i got hit with this quot MB PC DDR SDRAM quot This has got me stumped lol so teh main questions are how do you tell how many slots or gaps the stick has just by that kidna info and if it fits will it still be compatible with this whole pc thing hey if i dont ask ill never know lol nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/identifying-ram.27322/
Relevancy 36.12%

I read through this guide Device Manager - Finding Unknown Devices and saw that it was focused on other devices. I wasn't sure if that pertained to the error I was getting under USB Controllers (I attached the device error). It is slowing my boot to about 4 minutes.

Please let me know if this guide is for both device types so I can identify it.

TY all in advance

A:Identifying

Hi ... Is your USB 3 Ports working ? .... Is all your Drivers and Windows OS up to date ? ....

Select the unknown Device right click select Property's ...
Please post any information you see listed under the Details Tab ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377209-identifying.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all,
Im hoping someone can help me out, Ive searched the internet and these forums and cant find what reg key controls the setting for "Who can install updates" in Windows 7.

When you go to the Windows Update page, and hit the change settings link on the left, the bottom most check box:

Who can install updates
Allow all users to install updates on this computer (with a checkbox)

Im trying to create a GPO to uncheck this setting and grey it out so users will not be able to install updates. I figured if I can find the reg key it would be an easy GPO preference to make.

Anyone help would be great, Thanks!

A:Need help identifying a Reg key

Hello Braul, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Here's the GPO location for that setting in the new tutorial below. Setting it to "Disable" will gray out the Allow all users to install updates on this computer option in Windows Update settings to not allow non-admins to install Windows Updates.

Windows Update - Enable or Disable "Who can install updates" Setting

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/112742-need-help-identifying-reg-key.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a problem, I get to the Windows login that says to sign in but on the right there is not a user name it is just blank. Can anyone tell me what to do. This does this in Safe mode as well. I click ctrl. alt. del and a user login box comes up but still will not take password. This is a Windows XP Home SP2. Very strange. Thanks....

A:Can't login Windows XP Home Login page missing user names

This happened to me one time, I think it's a corrupt profile. I really don't remember how I solved it.

Do you use XP's System Restore? That would be my first idea.

Best suggestion that I can think of is to run chkdsk /r or the equivalent and see if that helps.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191067/cant-login-windows-xp-home-login-page-missing-user-names/
Relevancy 36.12%

- Did a reset of Windows on a Change accounts, login delete two unable login result: 1 - username to virtual machine - The default account name is then the first characters of my email account - I changed that to my real name - Rebooted - I was then offered login accounts - logged in using my real name - went into account administration Settings- gt Accounts-Family amp Other users - under 'Other users' removed 'Guest' the first characters - rebooted Now I was still offered two accounts but my password did not work sure I was using the correct password and I have tried a dozen times on both accounts Windows then suggested to do a 'Recover your windows live account' account live com password reset But even with the new password I could not log in I was lucky to have a Change username - result: two login accounts, delete 1 unable to login snapshot of an earlier Windows - so I restored the snapshot and Windows is running fine now This is a bit of a weird situation What if this Change username - result: two login accounts, delete 1 unable to login was on a real machine I may need to re-install Windows from scratch Not so much of a big issue in this case However Windows will surely again offer the character account nd item above Q Will that then work with the new password the new password is combined with my full email address Q How was I supposed to proceed to avoid this Note that - on the virtual Windows VMware C Users AccountName still reads the first characters of my email address outlook com - on the host-pc C Users AccountName is different being the first characters of hotmail account Changed from hotmail to outlook com a while ago but the host-pc was set up at the time I was still using the hotmail account

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47645-change-username-result-two-login-accounts-delete-1-unable-login.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, my windows was set up like this:
C: windows 7
F: all user accounts inluding default user ( users folder ) are on F drive.
I imaged windows, and restored it on a different PC.
On another HDD, I assigned it as F: and put a copy of the user folders on there.

But now when it goes to log in, a profile unable to login service error comes up...!!

Is it have to do with the F drive?

Is there something other than just the Drive letter, that windows looks for when searching for the users folder to login? Like HDD id/serials or something like that?

How can I fix this, it driving me crazy for too long!!
Thanks!!!!

A:!! Restored image of windows, now wont login, login service error!!

OK, its definitely because windows cant assign the HDD as F: because it hasn't recognized it before.

So, then, is there any way to add the HDD ID and assigned letter, to the windows registry BEFORE restoring the image ( ie before imaging)??

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235991-restored-image-windows-now-wont-login-login-service-error.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys I've recently Login Profile cannot failed. ERROR: be User loaded/started. login got an issue with loading profile settings after probably deleting one of the Admin profiles Login ERROR: User login failed. Profile cannot be loaded/started. on Windows Home I can't load The most important Built-in Adminstrator profile Error quot Location Path C Windows sytem config systemprofile Desktop quot is unavailable I got only empty black screen bottom-left-hand corner windows icon doesn't show up the menu - is irresponsive I Login ERROR: User login failed. Profile cannot be loaded/started. can't do anything - eveng craetimng new folders Only Some software work namely Login ERROR: User login failed. Profile cannot be loaded/started. BitDefender Total Security NVidia Intel etc Fortunetely I'ev got another Admin account which works fine I can create new users profiles but I get this error anytime I enter the user's profile quot a User log in failed User's profile files cannot be loaded I've found the path in regestry It confirms that only one with thwe right path to my profile works fine Others don't have a correct path See the print screen below I hope I won't have to format disc and totally reinstall Windows Thank you for you help

A:Login ERROR: User login failed. Profile cannot be loaded/started.

3 first entries seem to be broken or proper entries of the profiles I have (2 more - one local and one connected to a Microsoft acount)
The kast one .....-21-.... is fine and working (admin account)

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/53775-login-error-user-login-failed-profile-cannot-loaded-started.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My client used their computer on and upon returning to office days later computer had been left on I think the ususal username login took them to a brand new desktop with no files in the user folders It's as if a new user had been created without their knowledge I am remotely accessing their the cannot form created - login/Folder in it User.ComputerName login RandomUser to of machine to solve the issue and am stumped Trying to do research and as much solving as possible remotely before actually going to client's home to fix things I see folders under Users folder BEARMAIN-PC is the network RandomUser login/Folder created in the form of User.ComputerName - cannot login to it name for their computer Bear is the username TEMP BEARMAIN-PC modified date bear BEARMAIN-PC modified date bear modified date It appears that upon windows login to the only defined user called quot Bear quot on login screen I am using the TEMP client-PC folder of user files quot bear BEARMAIN-PC quot has the most recently worked on files with most recent edit date of and the quot bear quot folders RandomUser login/Folder created in the form of User.ComputerName - cannot login to it have dates of I have no idea RandomUser login/Folder created in the form of User.ComputerName - cannot login to it what happened here in clients absence left town on th the only thing that might've been running is Carbonite backups to a locally attached external drive Dropbox and my remote access program In effect I have a duplicate of everything on hard drive filling it up to all but GB though the quot bear BEARMAIN-PC quot is a larger size and more current file dates so I'll assume that's the one I want to keep This temp login does not have access to all programs like Carbonite or Dropbox so I can't open Carbonite and see if something ran I hesitate to run any programs from that TEMP login don't want to create more data files I am able to get into Control Panel users and there is only the Bear user and guest and a Quickbooks Data Service user HELP

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/304184-randomuser-login-folder-created-form-user-computername-cannot-login.html
Relevancy 36.12%

hey guys i have brought home a computer given from work and dont no how to login none of the passwords will work and i dont no how too login as the administrator. please help someone

A:Brought home work comp and cant login and dont no how to make a new login

The fact that you're not hooked up to your workplace domain may be the problem, but I do this all the time and never have a problem with XP Pro, it just takes longer because it looks for a domain that isn't there.
Tell us what o/s you're using...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brought-home-work-comp-and-cant-login-and-dont-no-how-to-make-a-new-login.133653/
Relevancy 35.69%

Vista Home Premium SP BitDefender Internet Security Just recently BDIS is finding this Cookie o virus It removes it but the next scan finds it again Yesterday the scan found two of these and the Cookie.2o7.net second was called Cookie doubleclick or something like that That one didn't show up today I have scanned with Spyware Doctor SUPERAntispyware and Malwarebytes and nothing is found with these programs I have gone into Tools Internet Options Security Restricted Sites Sites and tried to add this item to Cookie.2o7.net the list and it tells me this is Cookie.2o7.net already listed in another zone and I have to remove it from there before adding it here I went to Tools Internet Options Privacy Settings Sites and found this item listed there so I removed it and then went back to the above location to try and add it and was given the same message so I added in back to this location I checked my cookie settings and I have selected to block rd party cookies Is there any way I can get rid of this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cookie-2o7-net-507197.html
Relevancy 35.69%

hello every one,i need help. i would like to delete all cookies and temp files, i no how to delete everything. what i dont no is how to keep my login and password cookies that log me in automaticly can some tell what cookies i keep for this site to keep my login stuff.col.tia

Relevancy 35.69%

i have a web site i cant get to and login from this computer but i cant from other computers. I'm using both EI8 and firefox, i have been going to this site for years.. i have deleted everything i can using the tools in both browsers.. i have cleaned the computer using disk clean and ccleaner.. but the site i'm going to wont hold my password on this computer and can on other computers?? my question is can i delete this cookie and where can i find this bad cookie? or am i missing the big picture ?? thanks for any info to help me beat this problem

A:bad cookie

Just to see if it's a browser related issue, try this:
Make sure Firefox is closed. Press Win+R, type firefox.exe -profilemanager and press enter. Make yourself a new profile and try the site.
Other passwords are still saved?
Make sure to post back.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/252381-bad-cookie.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,

Can't get rid of the '64.111.196' cookie that keeps showing up on Xoftspy and Malwarebytes scans.

It is hijacking my google search almost always.
Any help?

A:64.111.196 cookie won't go away

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you do the following:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop

Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

Click Close to exit the program.

---

Download RootRepeal from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Double click to start the progr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/64-111-196-cookie-wont-go-away.900433/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello,

I deleted my cookies a few days, ive logged back into my email etc.

So everytime i turn my pc off and turn it on the next day the saved infomation such as email addresses and passwords are not saving?

Anyone know what i can do to solve this?

thanks

A:Cookie Help

Hello draven,

What browser are you using?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129731/cookie-help/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi how do I remove it. I download HijackThis. I scan it need help what to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cookie-2o7.614832/
Relevancy 35.69%

Getting the cookie bar on this website again. This time I followed the link to a UK web site...https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/. While the site does use a secure connection it is placing cookies on my machine and not notifying me of the fact, or asking my permission, LOL. While I do not allow third party or session cookies as a normal course of action I do normally allow first party cookies. Hypocrites, do as we say, not as we do. Was viewing the following page...http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/likenewpc.html

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/cookie-bar.307625/
Relevancy 35.69%

I know nothing about computers except that mine had the desktophijack virus I was told to please...anyone? Help Cookie? check out this site and read the instructionsw you had posted to remove it I did everything but when I got out of safe mode and tried to reboot my screensaver came up but no icons instead this message Windows cannot find c windows system atlch exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again To sear ch for a file click the start button and then click search then there is a OK button I cannot click on the OK or get this message off the screen There is no start button showing Cookie? Help please...anyone? or icons I am Cookie? Help please...anyone? guessing I deleted something I shouldn t have I don t know what to do and have already spent hours dealing with this However before I got out of safe mode it had said that it had found and removed infected objects I would appreciate any help thank you nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%
Q: cookie

umm..best site there is online! Thanks for all the info I've gotten already and I'm so new I don't know my way around yet.So far,I've learned about Iadhide,backweb and a lot of other things I didn't know about.One thing I have no idea about though..I have a tracking cookie (weatherbug,I think) attached in my temp files,and I have tried everything to get rid of it...no matter,it stays!Any suggestions???

Relevancy 35.69%

I was scanning my system with Bitdefender and I got 3 cookies detected as viruses. (Cookie.Rub, Cookie.Mediaplex, and Cookie.Advertising.) What is the deal with Cookie.Rub?

A:Cookie.Rub

Rub is a cookie.Cookies are small text files stored in the browser on the user's computer, when visiting web pages.Cookies store information that can be used for several purposes: to personalize web browsing, to gather demographic information about how many users visit a page, to monitor which banners are displayed to the user, etc.These uses are not, in theory at least, malicious.However, keep in mind that the misuse of cookies could threaten an individual's privacy. Rub prevents access from programs to websites of several companies related with security tools (antivirus programs, firewalls, etc.).Rub redirects attempts to access web pages of certain banks to spoofed pages, with the aim of logging information entered by the user in these pages.Rub redirects attempts to access several web pages to a specific IP address.See PANDA

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543462/cookierub/
Relevancy 35.69%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system cookie?? is better this svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c MSSQL binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C is this better cookie?? WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common is this better cookie?? Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c progra intern iexplore exe C WINDOWS is this better cookie?? system ctfmon exe C Program Files ECI Telecoms ECI USB ADSL dslmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www walla co il R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www vmule com homepage html O - BHO no name - da d- e e- fd -a d -b c e - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll file missing O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run wigle C Program Files wigle-hack wigle exe O - HKLM Run rcpd C WINDOWS system rcpd exe O - HKLM Run MODEFRAGSLOWPING C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data part dent mode frag DartPoke exe O - HKCU Run explorer C WINDOWS system audit exe O - HKCU Run warez quot C Program Files Warez P P Client warez exe quot -h O - HKCU Run Cash upload C DOCUME E APPLIC ARMYBO TONSDUMB exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup DSLMON lnk O - Extra context menu item amp amp amp amp amp - Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button amp amp amp amp - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button ICQ Lite - B A- C - e f-A D-A CD E - C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ Lite - B A- C - e f-A D-A CD E - C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF DF F -FF B- DF - D - DB A A PopCapLoader Object - http download games yahoo com games web games popcap bejeweled popcaploader v cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DD - D- F E-ADC - BE D NameServer O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - quot C PROGRA MSNMES msgrapp dll quot nbsp

A:is this better cookie??

Now you've started a new thread and you are still running the older version of hijack this. Please follow the instructions I posted for you in your other thread:

http://forums.techguy.org/security/454875-hijack-plz-help-what-delete.html

Just click on the Post Reply button at the bottom of the posts.

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-better-cookie.454881/
Relevancy 35.69%

I am not a techy person but follow instructions well Please help I am using Windows XP I was Cookie Help having problems with Cookie Help cookies for IE with sites like Yahoo and E-bay It seemed to hold on to the cookie for about seconds then would direct me to the following http www google com hws dell-inc a BNG fyU- Cookie Help J A R So when clearing my cookies and cache and adding the websites as accepted did not work I tried Downloading IE The problem still existed Cookie Help Since I did not know what to do I downloaded Mozilla This allowed me to access those websites but now I have another problem It is almost Fantasy Football time and I am not able to access that site When I try I get a cookies error message when using either IE or Mozilla I have tried adding that website to allow all cookies I cleared my cache history and all that and it is still not working for either browser Please help Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cookie-help.729831/
Relevancy 35.69%
Q: Cookie

I did my ActiveX just the way you told me and I am getting an error. I posted a question and no one, including the person that told me to set up my controls (YOU) have no clue. Because no one answered I reposted. So sue me! You are being very unprofessional and if you want to block me, that is your choice.

Relevancy 35.69%

If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen
This issue started with Redstone builds.
This was not an issue with TH2.

Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub.
I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build 14393.5

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58102-if-auto-login-enabled-there-no-user-picture-login-screen.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Ok here's the background My wife's pc identical to my own and running on Windows XP was restarting at shutdown recently on it's own and I saw an error that said there was some kind of driver error So I uninstalled the nvidia drivers in hopes of installing the most recent ones I don't know if this was the issue but I was troubleshooting and use screen, mouse can't mode too not in or keyboard the the login safe login at to I I noticed that there was a recent driver update Well now I can't log on at all because when I get to the windows login screen the mouse and keyboard won't work I see for an instance the cursor shows an hourglass then nothing I see the blinking cursor in the login field but I can't type anything in there and the mouse doesn't work So I tried to do a system restore but it just I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too sent me to the login screen and no mouse or keyboard function persisted When I tried to go into safe mode I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too it asked me what was the boot device I wanted to use which after some searching I see is also an indicator of a problem but I'm not sure what it means I picked my HD and continued to do a restore to the last working config and the same deal can't login no mouse or keyboard use at that sceen So I tried going into safe and it shows both an administrator icon and my wife's user name and I can't try either because again the moust and keyboard aren't working here either I tried to boot with the windows xp disc in even picked the boot source from the boot menu as floppy and again as the cd-rom I read that doing so can sometimes fix things No dice here either I managed to get where I guess it was fixing things and it asked for the adminstrator password Well I'm the administrator and the only password I know isn't working So I'm at a loss I'd prefer not to have to do a fresh install but please if anyone has any advice or directions I REALLY need some hand holding here I'm not an expert by any means and I apparently know just enough about this stuff to get myself in trouble I can use some direction and help and I would be majorly appreciative to anyone who can take the time to do so I REALLY don't want to do start from scratch and re-install everything Thanks - MC

A:I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too

what type of mouse/keyboard, wireless, ps2, usb?

when it asks for password at repair console, just press enter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-use-the-mouse-or-keyboard-to-login-at-the-login-screen-not-in-safe-mode-too-196162.html
Relevancy 35.69%

running windows 10 version 1607,anyways windows did its regular update thing and when it was done now i cant login. i enter my password and its welcome and then just goes right back to the lock screen. please help. cant find anything relevant online so far. sony vaio pc.

A:cant login after recent windows update, stuck at login screen

Hi ! Did you create a system repair CD or a system recovery drive?? Here are the ways that you can recover. My first choice would be to restore to a time before the update with a restore point! Read this by HTG! How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...covery-options
PS! Using a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc
A recovery drive will normally not be necessary. If your computer fails to boot several times, Windows 8 or 10 will automatically bring up the advanced startup options, which allows you to troubleshoot and fix it.
If Windows can?t even bring up these tools, you?ll need the recovery drive, system repair disc, or a Windows 8 or 10 installation disc. Insert the recovery media into your computer and restart. Your computer should boot from the recovery media automatically. (If it doesn?t, you may need to change its boot order.)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441980-cant-login-after-recent-windows-update-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I tried to install win xp pro sp but didnt complete installation next time i start up it shows choose ur OS windows xp professional windows xp professional installation default is the later with seconds delay time I tried to change this by going to My in safe login, keep Windows even those login modes, couldn't without restarting help! computer lt Properties lt Advanced lt Windows keep restarting without login, couldn't login even in those safe modes, help! Startup Windows keep restarting without login, couldn't login even in those safe modes, help! and Recovery lt Settings There i select windows xp professional as the default one and by editing it delete the text that reads as quot non-execute windows xp professional installation quot and save the text file then apply and Ok Next time i startup windows won t login but it keeps on restarting Tried the safe modes couldn t login either Tried using the XP pro CD to Repair windows but sadly i didn t have a recovery portion disks As a last resort i tried to install the OS from the cd the result was even worse as it shows an error message as txtsetup sif file missing couldnt load setup I have no idea what else to do now please help me out nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-keep-restarting-without-login-couldnt-login-even-in-those-safe-modes-help.153289/
Relevancy 35.69%

I ve run about problems Slow program login, login after & start-up Solved: every virus scan program I ve seen mentioned on Solved: Slow start-up & login, program problems after login various postings here Adaware Solved: Slow start-up & login, program problems after login Spybot Norton Internet Security Windows Antispyware Housecall and a couple other online scanners Despite all of those I m receiving three to five windows that come up immediately after Windows XP login The message is the same for all the different programs Program has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience This morning I received that message for the following programs DSLog after I ran HJT mm tray I get this one almost every morning TouchPad Driver Helper Application and nwiz exe Are these due to malware or did malware do something to these applications Do I need to reinstall them Also both login and starting all the programs up are happening much slower than before Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system nwiz exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Norton Password Manager AcctMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C PROGRA AIM aim exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NSMdtr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Nicholas Schneider Start Menu Programs hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW DSLog exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www u com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www u com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destro... Read more

A:Solved: Slow start-up & login, program problems after login

Run HJT and fix the following lines:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DadApp] C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MProcessor] "C:\Program Files\\MProcessor\mprocessor.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.musicmatch.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.musicmatch.com (HKLM)
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\DOCUME~1\NICHOL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\drv8.tmp.dll
O23 - Service: WLTRYSVC - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

Uninstall and reinstall (If prefer)MusicMatch and MProcessor throughout the Add Remove Programs

Boot thecomputer is Safe Mode. Go to Start->Run, type %temp%, and click Ok. From the Menu select Edit->Select All, then File->Delete. Delete all files and folders in the Temp Folder.
Also in Safe mode, search and delete the following File:

WLTRYSVC.EXE

Restant the computer.

You may have to uninstall and reinstall Sun's JAVA, as certain ActiveX components are missing.

Afterward, post a new HJT log and give us some feedback.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-start-up-login-program-problems-after-login.343845/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I just discovered a problem with vista I recently installed can't error, Direct screen, 9.0 X recognized login screensaver run login not on an outstanding software known as TuneUp Utilities I then used it to customize my computer login screen I made a modification such that on startup or when no one is logged i e when the login screen login error, screensaver can't run on login screen, Direct X 9.0 not recognized is displayed in case there has been no activity for minutes vista's built in bubble screensaver begins to run Unfortunately when I tested this modification out I noticed a screensaver error stating that quot direct d is required to run this screensaver and can't be found on your computer quot so I logged in and tried running the screensaver again and it worked perfectly Why is it not working on the login screen but it works on the desktop screen How do I confirm the version of direct x I have installed because I recently made an update on my direct x I tried updating it to XXX and the same problem is still occurring Please reply asap

A:login error, screensaver can't run on login screen, Direct X 9.0 not recognized

Click the link in my signature and under STEP 2 download and install everything there, that should solve your problems.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/227286-login-error-screensaver-cant-run-login-screen-direct-x-9-0-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi

I have a unit i want to have 4 user accounts on and one of them should auto login.

How do i change to one of my other 3 accounts?
Change user doesnt work, just auto login.

Im running Windows embedded standard 7

Best regards
Alexander

A:Multiple user accounts, 1 auto login , how to login to another account

Can you log off the user that was automatically logged on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215661-multiple-user-accounts-1-auto-login-how-login-another-account.html
Relevancy 35.69%

This has never happened before. When I turn on the computer, the two accounts show up (both administrator) but whenever I click either of them, the screen just shows the Windows 7 login screen for a while without any text then sends me back to the account selection. This happens when I select either of the accounts, one of them also has a password but that doesn't show up either.

PLEASE HELP.
(also don't know a lot about computers ;-; )

EDIT : When I turned on the computer, it went through updates where it says Starting Windows with the Windows logo. Maybe this helps.

A:Can't login to Windows 7. Sends me back to login screen every time.

Same thing happened to me since the update yesterday.

( just to clarify Is this the same problem ? I posted a video Windows Error - YouTube )

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385612-cant-login-windows-7-sends-me-back-login-screen-every-time.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I can't get to the OS to run anything. When I log in, it goes blank (eggshell color). When I Ctrl+Alt+Del and tell it to shut down I see the desktop just before it logs off. When I try going into safe mode it restarts after login. This is on an Emachines ET1331G-07 4gig ram Win 7 64bit, off the network.

Wado,
Fred

A:Win 7 Screen goes eggshell after login, safe mode restarts after login

When did problem begin?

Any indications that system was/is infected...prior to your post here?

Any changes to system made prior to problems?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505221/win-7-screen-goes-eggshell-after-login-safe-mode-restarts-after-login/
Relevancy 35.69%

When I attempt to log in to many sites (Hotmail, youtube, steam community, razerzone, thinkgeek, my bank, etc.) after hitting "login" the page refreshes to show both the username and password fields blank and I am not logged in. I'm running Windows home premium 64bit, and I'm using Firefox primarily but the issue is present in IE and Chrome as well. I think the problem is logging into secure servers, I can view https sites without issue, I just can't login.

I have tried deleting cookies, history etc.
Cookies are enabled
SSL 2.0 and 3.0 are enabled
My firewall is not the issue, I have tried turning it off/adding firefox as an exception
Time and date settings are correct
System restore does not fix the issue
Not Antivirus causing the issue

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

A:Attempting to login to most websites results in login page refreshing.

I realize you are not using IE, but it can't hurt to try it both before and after a reset: Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset. You might also check out this tutorial: SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/210259-attempting-login-most-websites-results-login-page-refreshing.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I had this same problem a few months ago and got help through here (link)... now it seems that my computer is having problems again. I haven't downloaded anything lately, no obvious problems, the speed has been fine, I keep using firefox with no apparent changes to anything, so I don't know where the problem came from. I am currently using a wired secure connection that had no problem when I first hooked it up- it ran fine for a week before just stopping working. My laptop acknowledges that there is something trying to connect, but never makes it past 'identifying' which means I have no internet access from my laptop (currently on my desktop).Can anyone help please?

A:Identifying Indefinitely

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Check "Include All Files" option.Press "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431444/identifying-indefinitely/
Relevancy 35.69%

Whenever I use the 'Safely Remove Hardware' tool, I also see this mystery entry, with no drive letter.

(That had four entries, and I've just removed the USB with drive letter F: The remaining two K and E, are external WD hard drives.)
How can I discover what the unspecified USB device is please? And why does it have no drive letter?

A:Identifying a USB device?

You have no usb devices plugged in?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579769/identifying-a-usb-device/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have just installed Pro x 64
I am trying to find a list of drivers so that I know what to update, any clues as to where this is. Thanks

A:Identifying drivers?

Here's the spec for your motherboard

Asus P7P55D-E spec

And here's the link to the Drivers for your board

Asus P7P55D-E drivers

Hope this helps a bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/137670-identifying-drivers.html
Relevancy 35.69%

A student on my course at college has changed a password on a windows XP (He never pays attention cos he's on msn)

Does anyone know of any freeware tools that would break through it?

Thanks

Relevancy 35.69%

i ran the program everest because im trying to update my motherboard drivers and needed to find out what motherboard i have. and it came up with a motherboard ID but it said motherboard name unknown...is there i was i can use the motherboard ID to determine what kind of motherboard i have so i can properly go about updating the drivers for it? or do i need to rip into my computer and actually look at it to try and find out what kind it is? and if thats the case what do i need to look for on the motherboard? help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Relevancy 35.69%

Hello there I've been poking around this forum from time to time admiring the computer-savvy identifying cause BSOD of people from a distance Here's my scenario I'm using a Gateway MP Notebook I don't know identifying cause of BSOD what else you need to know about it and running XP SP I got it probably a year and a half ago from Best Buy and have subsequently identifying cause of BSOD taken it back to their service center TIMES no exaggeration for the same problem It's always the same case it works decently for a few weeks and then slowly starts resorting to blue screen me identifying cause of BSOD every minutes I thought it was only happening because of the internet connection or when I was playing a game but it actually happened to me within an hour of reformatting when the system was still at factory settings no internet no games no additional software nothing Here's the message I keep getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL with the parameters specified in the event viewer as a c I'm decently computer literate but googling and microsoft supporting this issue hasn't helped me even a single bit And Best Buy's service center hasn't either Any insight would be GREATLy appreciated

A:identifying cause of BSOD

Hi Tantegel and welcome to TSF !

MP8708 Notebook Specifications

Please zip and attach the related minidump file(s) (you'll find them in the c:\windows\minidump folder) to your next post using the manage attachments button. You can read them yourself if you wish. Install the Debugging Tools for Windows then either use the manual method to generate the log or use this automated tool from WindowsBBS (the log will be created in the root of the c:\ drive).

Have you tested the hard drive and the memory for errors ?

Go to start => run and type chkdsk c: /R. You'll be prompted to restart the computer. Tell us about the scan results, you'll find them in the latest winlogon entry in the event viewer after the scan is over if you missed the report screen.

Download, unzip and burn memtest86+'s bootable .iso image file using a burning software that can handle .iso files. Enter the BIOS at startup (repeatedly press F2) and set the boot priority to CD-rom first. Leave memtest run overnight or at least do 3 full passes on your memory. Report if it finds any error and double-check memtest's results with windiag as it runs different tests.

Check the device manager : start => run => devmgmt.msc. Check "show hidden devices" in the view menu. Are there any flagged devices there ?

The laptop could be overheating. Enter the BIOS at startup and see if there's some hardware monitor or pc health status screen. Report the temps and voltages you'll find there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/identifying-cause-of-bsod-224683.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello everyone Something is terribly wrong with my laptop and I don't know where to start Here are the symptoms I have been having It started a couple weeks ago when I was watching a dvd on it The computer just turned itself off I restarted and thought nothing of it It then did the same thing a few days later don't remember exactly what I was doing at the time but it got me worried so I ran VirusScan Well nothing is found in a quick scan and everytime I try running a what Need identifying is! my help problem complete scan my computer shuts down before it is finished It has also Need help identifying what my problem is! shut down a couple of other times such as when I was playing a game on POGO and listening to a CD But ALWAYS turns off during virus scan soo I am thinking I must have a virus lol I have also run into some other things such as when I try to do a search from my toolbar using lates IE it searches google for quot s quot everytime instead of whatever I typed in I tried making a backup disk to save some of my important files that I can't afford to lose in thoughts trying to redo my windows and it said it burned successfully then when I looked at the disk it says it is blank and there is nothing on it Also this morning when I turned on my computer IE would not open at all - I used AOL and within five minutes it froze up completely I couldnt Ctrl-Alt-Del it but in the task window I saw SYSFADER exe haven't seen that before but trying to research it didnt get me anywhere so I had to force shut down When I came back from work i turned it on and seems to be running ok now but something is definatly up and I think it is getting worse Ad-Aware didnt find anything interesting just the usual cookies it doesn't like Same with ActiveScan Incident Status Location Adware Adware Coupons Not disinfected C WINDOWS CPBRKPIE OCX Spyware Cookie Belnk Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner belnk txt Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner doubleclick txt Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner atdmt txt Spyware Cookie Traffic Marketplace Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner trafficmp txt Spyware Cookie Bluestreak Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner bluestreak txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner atwola txt Spyware Cookie Casalemedia Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner casalemedia txt Spyware Cookie Tradedoubler Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner tradedoubler txt Spyware Cookie PointRoll Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner ads pointroll txt Spyware Cookie Zedo Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner zedo txt Spyware Cookie onestat com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner stat onestat txt Spyware Cookie Mediaplex Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner mediaplex txt Spyware Cookie Belnk Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner dist belnk txt Spyware Cookie FastClick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner fastclick txt Spyware Cookie RealMedia Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner realmedia txt Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner o txt Spyware Cookie Bridgetrack Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner citi bridgetrack txt Spyware Cookie Coremetrics Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner data coremetrics txt Spyware Cookie Adrevolver Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner adrevolver txt Spyware Cookie Falkag Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner as-us falkag txt Spyware Cookie Hitbox Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Cookies owner hitbox txt Spyware Cookie Adrevolver Not disinfected C Do... Read more

A:Need help identifying what my problem is!

BUMP - someone pleeeeaaaaasssseeee help me!!!

~Swttempts

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/need-help-identifying-what-my-problem-is-142478.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a laptop and is this a motherboard to LCD cable for my LCD screen?

A:Help identifying cable

Don't know what laptop you have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251643-help-identifying-cable.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey, I just recently picked up a new computer, and I deleted mcafee the down and dirty way by messing with the registry, and I think that's the cause of this error, now I have AVG working, however, here's the error i get when I start up windows

GTBEULALauncher -Header

Run-Time error '429':

ActiveX component can't create object

OK -Button

Relevancy 35.69%

I have four USB ports on the front panel and four on the rear panel of the case.
I have two "Enhanced" USB controllers.
How can I determine which of the four USB front panel ports are USB 2.0 ??

A:Identifying USB 2.0 Ports

All your ports should be 2.0
Let us know if you get a popup saying this device can perform faster if you connect it to a 2.0 usb port.

If you never get that message your fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/218549-identifying-usb-2-0-ports.html
Relevancy 35.69%

My computer (Windows 7 desktop) keeps freezing very regularly. I had the same problem with my last computer (a laptop running Vista) a couple of years ago and my housemate at the time told me of a program that helped clean up its hard drive by removing unnecessary space left from deleted files (I'm quoting from memory what he said a long time ago so apologies if these seems a little vague). I ran the program on my old computer: it did the trick and I stopped experiencing the problem. Does this program ring any bells, if so what's its name and how do I apply it?

A:Help identifying a program

These types of programs are unnecessary and dangerous for the typical user. A popular one in Norton System Works was "Orphan Finder" which at least saved the deletions so when they caused a problem they could be put back where they came from. The first thing to do for freezing is make sure it's not caused by heat. Use compressed air to blow out the exhaust fan area.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-identifying-a-program-656506.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hope someone can give me some help. When installing my ISP I get the error message .msi returned 1635. This is a file to the Pop-Up Blocker. Therefore, I can't install my Pop-Up Blocker. Another error is called psystray.pyd. What is this? Anyone have any suggestions? The psystray.pyd is a subfile in the folder trayctl.exe. Help........

Relevancy 35.69%

My WoW acct was hacked this morning due to a keylogger I ran a HJT and the log is attached ANY help in identifying the logger and anything that just might be lurking and it s removal is greatly appreciated --Gail Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS a identifying with need help keylogger. system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS need help with identifying a keylogger. system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAVSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exe C need help with identifying a keylogger. Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main need help with identifying a keylogger. Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll O - BHO IEPlugin Class - - B- E -BD -EFB B - C PROGRA ArcSoft MEDIAC INTERN ARCURL DLL O - BHO AOL Search Enhancement - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run ThreatFire C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe O - HKLM Run PCTAVApp quot C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exe quot MONITORSCAN O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ArcSoft Connection Service C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe O - HKLM Run Lnixenuwiqinoqo rundll exe quot C WINDOWS ewimucoroje dll quot Startup O - HKLM RunOnce NSSInstallation C WINDOWS system Adobe Shockwave nssstub exe RunOnce O - HKCU Run vstwumlf C Documents and Settings USER USER-FE DFBA Local Settings Application Data quhndq smmjsysguard exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Service ArcSoft Connect Daemon ACDaemon - ArcSoft Inc - C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe O - Service InCD Helper InCDsrv - Nero AG - C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe O - Service LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service LightScribeService - Hewlett-Packard Company - C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe O - Service NBService - Nero AG - C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe O - Service NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service PC Tools AntiVirus Engine PCTAVSvc - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAVSvc exe O - Service ThreatFire - PC Tools - C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe O - Service Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointServic... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-identifying-a-keylogger.910303/
Relevancy 35.69%

For some reason my PC always freezes when I try to play games. I've ran Memtest86, got a new PSU, updated drivers, and reformatted. After I reformatted, the problem still persisted so I assume it's a hardware issue. The temperatures all look normal, so it's not a fan or cooling issue. I bought a new PSU, so it's not that. And I ran Memtest86 without any problems. That leaves GPU, CPU, or the motherboard. But how do I find which one is causing the problem?

Relevancy 35.69%

I ve been having problems with many of my windows software I found out I had a problem when my Windows Live Mail Software would Need help identifying problem! not start with an Error that said quot msmail dll was not initialized quot though It had been working for weeks However I found that this was not the only program affected When I tried to watch videos on Youtube the quot You do not have the latest version of Java installed quot error shows with a link to the site to download it BUT there is no pop-up alert asking me if I want to download it like there would usually be This error only shows up on Internet explorer Youtube works Need help identifying problem! PERFECTLY Fine with Mozilla Firefox In addition Windows Microsoft Update does not seem to work EITHER Need help identifying problem! And When I tried to Run Programs that work on scripts Like MSN Messenger and System Restore they just show a blank window The Thing I find most unusual is that other accounts on the same computer don t have this problem I ve Need help identifying problem! checked programs installed on this account and can t seem to find anything other than Windows mail that may have caused any problem I ve had this problem once before and resorted to installing the OS over again Once I Installed the same programs and ran Windows Update the problem came back I m beginning to think that it had to be one of the security updates that was installed after running windows update But I m not sure how to fix it nbsp

A:Need help identifying problem!

One thing to try, but I don't know for sure if this will solve your problem.

I'm beginning to think that it had to be one of the security updates that was installed after running windows update. But I'm not sure how to fix it.Click to expand...

If you think maybe it's a windows update, there's a way to uninstall specific windows updates. Of course, your problem is going to be figuring out which windows update it is. But if you can do that, AND IF THAT'S THE CAUSE OF YOUR PROBLEM, then maybe this will work:

1) Boot the machine into the Windows Recovery Console (see Microsoft's KB article on this if you don't know how). You're now in basically a DOS shell with limited functionality.
2) Type the following: cd $NtUninstallKB<INSERT THE NUMBER OF THE OFFENDING UPDATE HERE> $\spuninst
This will basically change the active directory to the uninstall directory created by this update.
3) Type the following: BATCH spuninst.txt
You will see a couple of lines echo'd to the screen indicating a file was copied.
4) Type the following to reboot the machine: exit
5) Your machine will now reboot into Windows XP.
6) Go to control panel, and add-remove programs, select "show updates".
7) Use add-remove programs to uninstall KB<AGAIN, INSERT THE NUMBER OF THE OFFENDING UPDATE HERE> update. This will finish the cleanup of the registry and other misc windows stuff.
8) Start Windows update, select "Custom", and click the little box under the update for KB<AGAIN, INSERT THE NUMBER OF THE OFFENDING UPDATE HERE> to never show it again. ​
Again, this is all contingent on you figuring out what the offending windows update actually is, and I don't know if you'll be able to do that.

Plus, and probably more importantly, it's contingent upon a windows update actually being your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-identifying-problem.603402/
Relevancy 35.69%

In the past couple days my computer has been experiencing some really major lag and I've been trying to isolate the problem but have had no luck I'm fairly confident it couldn't be a virus but for arguments a Identifying problem sake I'll post a Identifying a problem screen shot of my process list in the event someone is Identifying a problem seeing something I'm not that could be eating up my resources virus or otherwise The problem I am experiencing is Identifying a problem that every few minutes my computer starts doing something that I can not identify and it's taking up of my CPU If I'm watching a movie or listening to music every few minutes the media will lag and start skipping I'll quickly open the task manager and look at what's eating my resources but it just seems to be normal windows functions but I'm no professional and very well might be wrong I have two theories the first is that I have some piece of malware that I can not identify The second and far less hopeful is that I have ruined my computer's RAM over the past months and that it just can't keep up anymore I tend to leave my machine on but in in sleep mode most of the time and I fear that I might have ruined something Thus I ask those far wiser then me see anything that quot shouldn't belong quot in my process list that might indicate Malware A Nortan AV Scan indicates I have none btw and is there any way I can test my computer to see if there is simply a piece of hardware that is on it's last legs that needs replacing Any ideas and thoughts are greatly appreciated

A:Identifying a problem

On average, most systems have about 37-43 processes running. You have about 64 processes running.

What are the specs on your computer?

Here are some things you can do to speed up your computer:

http://smallvoid.com/articles/windows-xp/services/

Try this one as well:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...l/1151426865/1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/identifying-a-problem-188743.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi i'm paranoid i got a keylogger or malicious software in my computer for something i did, but the Antivirus did not detect anything wrong, also got recently Zemana antilogger just to be safe and seems everything is okay my question is:

found two processes i don't know what they are or what they do can you guys tell me if they are safe or dangerous? should i leave them or disable them? both are startup processes

hehkkhuf.exe > this one doesn't have description or anything it is located on C:\ProgramData\hehkkhuf.exe i googled and can't find the source it's strange the file is hidden can't find it where is located

csrss.exe > this one seems part of windows but i'm not sure

winlogon.exe > same as the one above

Help me please i'm paranoid

A:Help identifying process

hi James661, and welcome to sevenforums,

csrss and winlogon are a part of windows - nothing to worry about there.

this hehkkhuf looks very suspect though - do disable it in msconfig, so it won't autostart at each boot, and also download and run the free version of malwarebytes to give your system a good clean.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/223201-help-identifying-process.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Well I opened up my pc and got the numbers off of the motherboard, googled them and got no matches. I also tried a bios but it came back in german so I couldn't understand it.. Any ideas?

A:identifying motherboard

If you don't know what motherboard you have go here; http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

and download SIW 1.70. This is an executable that doesn't have to be installed on your machine. Just download it to the desktop and launch the application. After the application launches click on Motherboard in the left pane, and when the right hand side pane opens see what information it gives you for the board.

If you want to delete SIW 1.70 just right click on the desktop icon and delete it. You may want to keep it since it is handy for finding information for your machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identifying-motherboard.650762/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi folks, i think i have some sort of a virus on my pc, basically when im surfing the internet the pc will randomly pop up another internet explorer, it doesnt load up a suspicious website though just google, ive ran 3 or 4 virus programs but they havnt detected anything, anyone know what this could be?

A:Help identifying this virus,

Hello and Welcome.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/help-identifying-this-virus-511785.html
Relevancy 35.69%

So I'm running Ultimate x64 using Outpost Pro 6.7 when the pc boots up it says identifying network. This takes at least 3 minutes to do. I turn off OP and reboot it starts immediately (OP not running). Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have been searching for days to no avail. I am kinda partial to Outpost. Once it identifies the network everything works. I can share files with other pcs and all. I am also using Linksys WRT54G router with OpenDNS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I also posted over on OP forums with no response yet. I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this.

A:Identifying Network

Hmmm

Is OP running as a service? If so, can it be started delayed (although this would increase a security risk at first, it should be a minimal risk to you)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23220-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Been searching around google for days with this one Upgraded to Windows Ultimate -bit from vista weeks ago Then days ago decided to add a new HDD due to the fact my other was close to overflowing Shut down computer pulled out power cable usual safety things to do Plugged everything back up HDD working fine then I noticed Network icon was still identifying It then went to Public Network - No Internet access So had a little fiddle around as one does Set an IP Nothing Reset adapter Nothing Changed it back to auto-detect nothing I even dug up an old wireless network PCI card thinking it could be hardware related but alas nothing Could Connection Identifying really do with some help N B -Have another computer on same network with Vista -Connected via cable no problem there tried with laptop worked straight away -Have tried iprenew iprelease etc Also the thing that really through me off the Identifying Connection scent of the problem was as I thought it could be to do with the recent addition of HDD I took it out resulted in nothing Anyway I ve also linked this as it could be mighty helpful

A:Identifying Connection

You have no default gateway showing, usually just resetting the router will get your DHCP assignments working again. Sometimes you have to reset everything starting from the modem. Have you tried doing that yet?

I'm not sure if you reinstalled Win 7 on the new harddrive or not? If so don't forget to reinstall the Nvidia drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/61858-identifying-connection.html
Relevancy 35.69%

hi guys i have just been given an old computer because the case is sweet i m going to build into the case but while i amount the cash i would like to see what the computer has identifying a motherboard to offer already not much as i can see but may be decnt for my kids to use for their kids games etc the problem i have is that nothing switches on i think the problem is that the motherboard is not connected to the switches corectly i have tried looking to find what goes where but with no luck as i can t boot the mobo up and use everest like i do on my other machines is their a way to distinguish the board their is no obvious name on the board although all identifying a motherboard the componantes have AMP stamped on them i think they make componants and not the board basically i need to find a map of the board after i identify it thanks for helpng i hope Louie p s sorry if i identifying a motherboard rambled a bit nbsp

A:identifying a motherboard

Hi LouieTHFC and welcome to TSG... You might try taking a photo of the mobo and posting it. Perhaps someone will recognize it and provide some guidance from there.

Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identifying-a-motherboard.823959/
Relevancy 35.69%

I'm using a laptop.
My wireless internet icon in the bottom right says "Identifying... No Internet access"
Thing is: I'm on this laptop right now posting this...
I also noticed my internet has gotten significantly slow. Ethernet is not an option currently.
I've also tried reinstalling the network adapter still nothing.
Any help is appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382661-stuck-identifying.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello..
i have problem with my pc...
my pc keep identify network and cannot access to the internet.
i using LAN...
i try to reistall driver,reset LAN adapter...
But my problem not solved.
What should I do??

A:Pc keep identifying Network

More info for this:

How are you getting onto the net ie: Modem Direct or router.
Does your router have a DHCP server,

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182660-pc-keep-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I bought a PC about Identifying hardware a year ago from MDG similar to Dell in Canada which was all pre-loaded with goodies and set up There were no CD s included except a Microsoft Works CD No Windows CD No driver CD s and well just nothing So the inevitable happened my computer got hacked and some kid deleted changed my boot sector So of course I called MDG to get help recovering my system Well they basically told me that Identifying hardware I now have to send them plus S amp H to get a recovery CD from them I got very frustrated and just hung up on them I mean I had been told by customer service that all I needed to do was call and they would tell me how to activate the system recovery feature A blatant lie obviously I was about to throw the PC out the window when I remembered I had an old bootleg copy of Windows XP PRO SP laying around I found it formatted Identifying hardware my HD and installed XP oh boy what a mess I forgot what it was like not being able to update bleh Now most of my hardware wont work sound card USB among other things And since I have no Cd s for the drivers I m really unsure how to find out what is what I found out what kind of motherboard I have Intel GZ tried to download the drivers for the integrated sound card windows XP version and the driver doesn t install it says that this is the wrong driver There s different versions Identifying hardware of the driver I ve tried all of them none work USB wont work either the lights turn on if I plug something in but the system doesnt detect it The only thing I can find that might give me a clue where to find USB drivers is the quot iSTAR quot logo on the front I did some research and found out its an iSTAR IC- B but theres no drivers for it apparently windows XP should be plug and play hmmm Now the XP thing is a temporary fix I have a valid Vista CD Key sticker on my tower so once I get my hands on a Vista CD I m going to reinstall until then what am I to do I really need to use my USB and a little bit of sound would be nice too Help PS- Sorry for the long winded post nbsp

A:Identifying hardware

Tried this? http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&OSFullName=Windows* XP Professional&lang=eng

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identifying-hardware.788524/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all need some help hope you guys can help so lets get started I have a good understanding of computers but this one has me stumped right I build my machine two and a half years ago have had no problems with it at all but this last while it s started messing up First problem when I started up the machine a screen would come up saying NTLDR is missing please hit ctrl alt and del to restart problem Identifying Help PC so the way I got round this was I kept my windows xp disk in the drive and the computer would be fine only thing is that I have to keep xp disk in the drive for pc to boot up Second problem is Help Identifying PC problem when the computer boots up it would run for maybe - mins and then the screen would freeze and I couldn t do anything so I would have to turn my pc off from the back and restart it and it would be fine I can surf play games what ever but I would have to repeat this process every time I started up my pc if it s off for some time but now every time I turn my pc on it get to the desktop and the screen freezes and I can t get doing anything doesn t matter how many times I turn computer off and restart it same thing happens so if anyone has any idea s in solving this problem that would be great Thanks for taking the time to read this guys nbsp

A:Help Identifying PC problem

Hi and welcome. In my opinon, it sounds like a failing hard drive.....although, it could be a power supply or overheating issue. I'd certainly check for the overheating issue first...either the cpu fan may be clogged up or if the video card is an add in, it may have a fan that is clogged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-identifying-pc-problem.657316/
Relevancy 35.69%

I just downloaded AOL's computer checkup since I have been having alot of disconnects and shut downs that restart In the computer check up I am instructed to D L Java Sun when I click on this in the AOL Computer check up my Foxfire opens and is directed to the Java D L page Identifying Browser My My system information reveals Identifying My Browser the following browser information browser xpsp sp rtm - KB bytes AM Microsoft Corporation c windows system browser dll I am not sure what this means I thought I had an Internet Explorer Browser The Foxfire page provides these instructions while my AOL page is open but left behind Instructions for Downloading Java on Windows - Firefox and Mozilla Click on the 'Download Now' button to start the download A dialog box appears to confirm that you intend to allow the installer to proceed Netscape x browser Click Install Mozilla browser Click OK Can anyone tell me whats happening I'm confused Jove

A:Identifying My Browser

In downloading the Java Runtime Environment a Problem occured, and I need to uninstall it, . .

but I can not find it as stated in the Add and Remove. what will be the best way to uninstall any remaining Java programs in my computer ?

These are the directions ;

To uninstall the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from your system, use the Add/Remove Programs utility in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
Click Start
Select Settings
Select Control Panel
Double click the Add/Remove Programs control panel icon
The Add/Remove control panel displays a list of software on your system, including any Java software products that are on your computer. Select the Java Runtime Environment that you want to uninstall by clicking on it, and then click the Remove button.
I realize that I can find the programs in search files, but what is the process for uninstalling them ?

Jove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112917/identifying-my-browser/
Relevancy 35.69%

I cannot get onto the Internet to download anything that will help remove virus. I have Malware bytes on my computer and did a short scan with that and removed what it found but it still will not work. Also used Microsoft tool to remove and scan for viruses. I did a full scan with that and only one was found and removed. I still cannot log on to Internet. It shows "no Internet connection found." I tried to do a system restore but I was not able to do that either. Please help! I have minimal computer knowledge.

A:Need help identifying virus

Hello Gigi77 welcome to Bleeping Computer I will be helping you. All right lets begin open up MalwareBytes, and update the database using http://data.mbamupdates.com/tools/mbam-rules.exe this will upgrade with the latest database you may need to put it on a flash drive from another computer. Then run a full scan and post the log here also post the log MalwareBytes gave to you when you scanned before.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450451/need-help-identifying-virus/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey um I had a virus on my laptop , I got rid of it but now my Internet will not work it connected but say it identifying :/ I want my Internet back help please btw it's a school laptop help !!!

A:Internet is identifying

Try the Fixit on this MS site: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-is-identifying-623560.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I'm trying to get the PC stable - currently I'm using this as a media PC and using some software DVBLogic which isn't running properly I'm trying to do a health BSOD - identifying need cause. help check and track down any causes the DVBLogic service hangs after a resume from standby There was an error which said memory was being corrupted after a resume which could be the cause Event ID quot The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous power transition Please check for updated firmware for BSOD - need help identifying cause. your system quot Well this is an Asus P E so the chances of Asus doing squat about that are remote I switched the system to use hibernation instead of suspend to ram and that quot appears quot to have cured that error EDIT No it didn't cure it it's done it again today BSOD - need help identifying cause. after a resume from hibernation However the problem with the DVBLogic service persists I'm not sure if the motherboard is Win compatible and I've gotten one BSODs running driver verifier The uploaded log file from DM Log Collector is attached Appreciate any help with this EDIT Apologies I started on the sevenforums and used DM Collector have uploaded the SF Log files as well

A:BSOD - need help identifying cause.

Hi bwlonsdale & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analyzed your log files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Fri Aug 15 14:33:57.919 2014 (UTC + 5:30)***************************** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AtihdWB6.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AtihdWB6.sys

Probably caused by : ks.sys ( ks!KspValidateDataFormat+ff )

BugCheck D5, {ffffcf80d1ebef90, 0, fffff800d90d431f, 0}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL (d5)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD5

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xD5_VRF_ks!KspValidateDataFormat

MaxSpeed: 2400

CurrentSpeed: 2405

BIOS Version 1201

BIOS Release Date 02/19/2009

Manufacturer System manufacturer

Product Name P5E

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sun Aug 10 07:08:55.892 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2f67c )

BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x133

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_ISR_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_

MaxSpeed: 2400

CurrentSpeed: 2405

BIOS Version 1201

BIOS Release Date 02/19/2009

Manufacturer System manufacturer

Product Name P5E

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

Below is a list of 3rd party drivers present on your system :-

Code:
**************************Fri Aug 15 14:33:57.919 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
dvblink_tuner.sys Tue Nov 29 21:04:35 2011 (4ED4FB8B)
tbs6980vhid.sys Wed Dec 21 18:00:54 2011 (4EF1D17E)
tbs6980.sys Wed Jul 25 16:01:01 2012 (500FCAE5)
amdkmafd.sys Sun Sep 23 06:34:42 2012 (505E602A)
ASACPI.sys Fri Nov 2 07:24:34 2012 (509327DA)
pfmfs_7DB.sys Wed Dec 12 00:14:43 2012 (50C77F1B)
TBS6284_64.sys Tue Dec 18 15:33:47 2012 (50D03F83)
yk63x64.sys Wed Jan 9 21:16:56 2013 (50ED90F0)
ElbyCDIO.sys Mon Mar 4 14:51:51 2013 (513467AF)
vmci.sys Sat May 18 06:49:18 2013 (5196D716)
arcsas.sys Tue Jul 9 06:20:17 2013 (51DB5E49)
VMNET.SYS Fri Jul 19 01:12:50 2013 (51E8453A)
vmnetadapter.sys Fri Jul 19 01:13:00 2013 (51E84544)
vmnetbridge.sys Fri Jul 19 01:13:47 2013 (51E84573)
VClone.sys Wed Jul 24 20:32:55 2013 (51EFEC9F)
vsock.sys Thu Aug 1 08:16:10 2013 (51F9CBF2)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 14:16:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
usbcir.sys Thu Aug 22 17:08:26 2013 (5215F832)
dump_storahci.sys Thu Aug 22 17:10:39 2013 (5215F8B7)
hcmon.sys Fri Feb 28 08:10:28 2014 (530FF71C)
AMDACPKSL.SYS Wed Mar 12 05:19:44 2014 (531FA118)
AtihdWB6.sys Wed Mar 12 05:20:02 2014 (531FA12A)
vmnetuserif.sys Fri Jun 13 05:15:38 2014 (539A3BA2)
vmx86.sys Fri Jun 13 06:39:56 2014 (539A4F64)
atikmpag.sys Sat Jul 5 06:56:52 2014 (53B7545C)
atikmdag.sys Sat Jul 5 07:09:13 2014 (53B75741)
**************************Sun Aug 10 07:08:55.892 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
atikmpag.sys Fri Apr 18 06:37:07 2014 (53507ABB)
atikmdag.sys Fri Apr 18 07:43:16 2014 (53508A3C)

dvblink_tuner.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please searc... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51916-bsod-need-help-identifying-cause.html
Relevancy 35.69%

A couple of friends have been having some email problems and I am sure it is virus related but not sure what the name of it is or how to fix it.

So here is the problem they are both receiving 1,000 emails a day.
I am not sure exactly what they say and not sure if it really matters but from what I gather a lot of them just say click here.
Yesterday 1 of them got 1250 emails.
Does this sound like a virus going around recently???
If so please enlighten me as to where I can get the info and how to fix it.

Thanks~~

A:Need Help Identifying This Virus

The latest mass-mailing virus is SoBigF. Here's some info on it and a removal tool to make sure it's not on your PC. If you're just the recipient of e-mails from infected pc's, there's not much you can do. It'll pass.

http:[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-identifying-this-virus.160453/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello everybody I am new to this site I am going to tell you everything I know on this problem I am on a work computer right now because mine won t even allow me to Virus identifying on Need Help visit anything to Need Help on identifying Virus do with virus help I am somewhat familiar with computers I have my A and MCP but haven t been in the business for a few years So I am not up to date I have Windows XP SP with all known updates through microsoft OK Google redirects everything I search with go google com Sites that have virus programs says I can not reach server Updating previous antivirus programs can t be done because it also says that it can t reach server Need Help on identifying Virus I E AVG Avast Which have been deleted since they are useless I was able to download Need Help on identifying Virus malwarebytes through downloads com however it would not let me install it It would show up on processes but would never come up So I made the setup program into a daa file with powerIso and it let me install it When it got to the end of the install however when it says quot Finishing install quot it freezes up I checked the process out and quot mbam exe quot is their but it will not open I downloaded HiJackThis and after having to rename it which i tried on malware to no avail it finally came up I checked what was on it and according to another website it wasn t really showing anything bad I would have posted it on here but I can t get here on my computer I was able to download a program called spyware cease It found a few things and said it deleted them After rebooting I am still having the same problems though I have ran this from Safe Mode as well Also important note when I am scanning if I click it it will freeze computer up Nothing works except for manual restart button I noticed after running the Spyware Cease program i was finally able to download Microsofts Malicious Software removal tool which I could previously not open server not found problem I ran it and it did not find anything My computer has also rebooted many times during virus scanning I am not sure if this is happening because the virus is getting hit by the scanner and it is rebooting it or what I have did my best to give you all the info I possible can As a person that used to be in Tech Support I really appreciate your help If the answer to this is in another thread and you know the name of the virus that is doing this if you will just post the link I will go to it I searched this site for awhile but not knowing what the virus name was makes it hard to search nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Hello. WXP PRO IE7 SP2

I recently did a scan with clean disk security and it gave me the following details. Can someone advise me what these are? Thank you

1. Could not erase file: c:\docume~1\ryanfl~1\locals~1\temp\perflib_perfdata_3f8.dat
- may be in-use or otherwise protected by the system
2. Could not erase file: c:\docume~1\ryanfl~1\locals~1\temp\~dfdcb4.tmp
3. Could not erase file: c:\windows\temp\usgthrsvc\perflib_perfdata_18c.dat

A:[SOLVED] Need help on identifying these

These are just locally cached files. Easiest way to delete them is to logon as another user (with admin rights on the PC) browse to these locations and delete the files.

If this doesn't work logon in safe mode and delete them from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-need-help-on-identifying-these-241124.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I m looking to do some upgrades to my Dell XPS Desktop that is over years old I have Everest and it says my motherboard is a Motherboard ID -C -MCP - A Im C- Any idea of what I can put on this motherboard Currently it has a Intel E Dual Core ghz CPU Sockets Slots LGA Motherboard Chipset nForce i-SLI GB DDR unsure of speed - Help motherboard identifying Everest Says mhz Memory Clock Dell w power supply I had dual Geforce GT running but a few months ago one went down and I knew it was only a matter of time until another went down which happend Friday morning So I went to Frys after work and picked up a Asus GTX TI GB GDDR For a I feel pretty happy with what I m seeing from it but wondering if I should have picked up a I know this computer is pretty Help identifying motherboard dated but it performs pretty well for what I use it for but wouldn t mind spending a little money into it to see some noticeable increased performance Just not in the market for a new computer right now and even when I buy a new one I would still like for this computer to be able to perform All suggestions are appreciated Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-identifying-motherboard.181390/
Relevancy 35.69%

One of my co-workers have recently Identifying Winfixer started to get the dreaded Winfixer Identifying Winfixer popup I ve read in these forums how to remove it and I see that people post their Hijackthis logs here but I want to learn more about how this malware infects the computer and where it is and what it does so how do I find the Winfixer footprints in the Hijackthis log I am not sure if Winfixer is his only problem or if it is a direct consequence of being infected with the vundo trojan However Spysweeper detected nothing Nor did Spybot or Ad-aware or Trend Micro Officescan I downloaded and installed Ewido after browsing some forums and although it s able to detect the vundo virus in a c windows help SBSI mvscftp dll which isn t on my PC so it s clearly a fake dll file it says it cleaned it successfully but it pops up every time saying that specific file is vundo infected and is apparently not able to do anything I ve tried unlock programs in order to unlock the processes which locks mvscftp dll since I m unable to delete it but explorer exe and winlogon exe which uses this file causes the entire PC to BSOD once I try to unlock it I really want to get rid of this thing I haven t scanned the Hijackthis log for mvscftp dll but I assume there are several dll files besides that which are infected so I want to identify the virus and winfixer in the Hijackthis log On the other hand the winfixer web site is up and running and actually looks like it belongs to a professional company How the hell are these people allowed to continue with their scam Lerxst nbsp

A:Identifying Winfixer

Hi Lerxst

Welcome to TSG!

Please post the Hijack This log here and we will be glad to help you with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identifying-winfixer.397034/
Relevancy 35.69%

I'm at my girlfriend's house and every laptop in the house works beside hers! I tried mine and it connects flawlessly also my itouch and my eee-pc also connect without any trouble but her laptop is stuck on Identifying i tried the whole netsh reset thing and sadly we cannot have access to her router as her dad hates it when we play in his Linux based stuff anyways any simple fix would be welcome, i hope no one will suggest changing routers/reinstalling the whole OS.

Ty very much RamZ

Relevancy 35.69%

Two years ago I generated this description of one of the HDD's in my desktop:

Disk on port 1
Port location: Internal
Usage: Array disk
Size: 71 GB
Serial number: WD-WMANS2449423
Model: WDC WD740ADFS-00SLR5
Firmware: 21.07QR5
System disk: No
Password protected: No
Disk data cache: Enabled
Native command queuing: Yes
SATA transfer mode: Generation 2
Physical sector size: 512 Bytes
Logical sector size: 512 Bytes

Unfortunately I did not write up a note saying how it was done.

Does it look familiar to anyone?

I like it for all the consolidated information it contains.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Help With Identifying a HDD Utility

I don't really know but it looks like a report that might be generated by Intel Rapid Storage Technolgy:

System Reports for Intel? Rapid Storage Technology

Quote:
Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel? Rapid Storage Technology).
Click the Help icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398836-help-identifying-hdd-utility.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi...Could anybody with beep knowledge please have a listen to the zipped mp3....and let me know what it is indicating ..Thankyou

Relevancy 35.69%

I was using Internet Explorer the other day and all of a sudden my avg virus notified me I had a virus. I wrote down what was listed: K9C16LUF\count 5 (1) htm. When I did a compete virus scan avg did not find the virus. I had several optitions: delete or quarantine the virus or continue. It said that if I deleted the virus or quarantined it, my system may become instable. I did online scans with trend micro and norton but they found nothing. The panda online scanner found 3 viruses, but both times I scanned, the scanner stopped scanning. I've checked online virus databases for the virus but none of them list this. Has anyone heard of this virus? I was using a computer that runs win 98 and with ie 6. I have dsl modem and I have the zone alarm firewall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identifying-a-virus.378394/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello there This is the nd time i am writing this message since i wrote it a few minutes ago but my other pc froze Again so i cant boot the pc again - - So issues Many quot Nvidia drives has stoped working and has recovered quot identifying help the problem Need mesages freezes while playing games freezes in POST bios freezes in Windows is loading Anyway for days i was unable Need help identifying the problem to even boot my pc it just hangs in the Post bios thing and a few minutes ago it somehow managed to boot normally into windows by just enabling the freaking dvd rom drive after days of removing and inserting other important hardware So this is the stuff i did Removed and tried using every possible cable including the HDD ones and monitor and Psu ones Tried every ram combination in both slots - - with both ram sticks and i cleared both the Ram Need help identifying the problem and Gpu with the eraser gum thing Took the battery out and waited for like minutes and i somehow got into bios and set it to Factory default settings Tried a years Old Gpu and it somehow quot DID quot boot to desktop for the st time but since the case was not near my pc desk i had to turn off the pc and put it near the desk and BAM it stoped working again Cleaned the pc for Dust and removed the dvd rom since its useless I was getting a few of those beep codes but was unable identifying them since my speakers dont work on this pc I think it was long and short ones like Tiiiiiiiii PI-RI and sometimes it was like short ones and sometimes it didnt even beep The thing is i have been getting many freezes this year after i installed the faulty nvidia drivers that causes freezes but after instaling the drivers i got no freezes for a few months but they started again this month So after i got the freezes and was unable to boot it i just removed the ram and inserted it again and Bam it somehow worked for a day and i had to do it again I dont want to take the Pc to the service shop because they can quot FIX quot it like I did and it will just stop working in a few days or even a few months again I also did try replacing the curent hdd with the OLD one than is not usable since before the windows logo there is a allways BSOD but that one did BOOT but the new one could not Even tried booting it without the hdd and it did pass the Post in a milisecond easily but after restarting it for a few times even that failed I think this pc has a will of its own like he is trolling me every time Even when i somehow manage to boot it a few seconds later it just wont boot again It makes it imposible to diagnose since its so random Every vent is spinning and nothing is in its way Could it also be driver software related since i am getting a lot of those quot Nvidia drives has stoped working and has recovered quot before i get the freeze And hundreds of users have the same problem but after i installed the drivers i was freeze free for months dont know why it started again After i get the hard freeze i allways get the No Signal- Check cable message This is my pc Cpu Intel Pentium Dual CPu E Ghz Gb ram Gtx mb Psu Seasonic W Bronze Win bit Socket Mobo GCM-S L GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket - GA- GCM-S L rev So someone plz help me identify what is causing this issue since the warancy on the PSU and GPU expires in a month so i have to be absolutly Sure what is causing it so i can replace it And btw i can not try any of those hardware on my dads this pc since its complicated

A:Need help identifying the problem

Sorry for that double post, i wanted to edit the 1st one but it made a duplicate and cant delete it.

Anyway i had nothing to do so i installed that 10years old card and suprisingly its working for a whole day now.

I dont know if its random or if it will freeze again, but i have a month to decide if i should return the gpu to the shop so i can get a new one.

In a few days i will remove this one and retry the gtx 460, and i will let you know if i can boot it again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/need-help-identifying-the-problem-740201.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Currently on a Dell desktop. I recently had some malaware and virus issues so I had geek police help me out to clear some stuff. After performing all the procedures they recommended, such as combo fix and tdskiller, I lost Internet connection. Everything was fine before. I tried so many methods such as unplugging the router, resetting the win socket on cmd dos, uninstalling and installing my wireless drivers, trying to use my ethernet as an alternative, but none of those worked. I came to a conclusion that there must be some kind of virus or Trojan that's blocking my access to the Internet. My wireless network is fine because I can connect to it on My other laptop, my Ethernet is fine as well because it also works. Help!!!

A:Identifying connections

When the laptop successfully booted up and w/out ethernet connection, it will naturally look for wireless connection or pre-shared keys(PSK) configured on security passwords and settings. Now once it is discovered, connected you browse then what happens from there? Any messages or erros posted?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423198/identifying-connections/
Relevancy 35.69%

My HD is dying and I have to replace. I need to identify what my motherboard is first to ensure compatibility. Can anyone tell me how to go about that?

Thanks, Dan

A:Identifying Motherboard

Hi mjed0.....
Try Belarc advisor.......download and run. It will identify your hardware.

http://belarc.com/free_download.html

Debe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identifying-motherboard.91350/
Relevancy 35.69%

Two years ago I generated this description of one of the HDD's in my desktop:

Disk on port 1
Port location: Internal
Usage: Array disk
Size: 71 GB
Serial number: WD-WMANS2449423
Model: WDC WD740ADFS-00SLR5
Firmware: 21.07QR5
System disk: No
Password protected: No
Disk data cache: Enabled
Native command queuing: Yes
SATA transfer mode: Generation 2
Physical sector size: 512 Bytes
Logical sector size: 512 Bytes

Unfortunately I did not write up a note saying how it was done.

Does it look familiar to anyone?

I like it for all the consolidated information it contains.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Help With Identifying a HDD Utility

I don't really know but it looks like a report that might be generated by Intel Rapid Storage Technolgy:

System Reports for Intel? Rapid Storage Technology

Quote:
Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel? Rapid Storage Technology).
Click the Help icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398836-help-identifying-hdd-utility.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS Files Identifying Need Help System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system Need Help Identifying Files spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEc program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system LXSUPMON EXEC Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exeC Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system lxcgcoms exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC hijackthis hijackthis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search msn com spbasic htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www txstate edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p er ar msnhomeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p B PVER ar homeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword sO - Hosts Copyright - Microsoft Corp O - Hosts O - Hosts This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP IP for Windows O - Hosts O - Hosts This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names EachO - Hosts entry should be kept on an individual line The IP address shouldO - Hosts be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name O - Hosts The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least oneO - Hosts space O - Hosts O - Hosts Additionally comments such as these may be inserted on individualO - Hosts lines or following the machine name denoted by a ' ' symbol O - Hosts O - Hosts For example O - Hosts O - Hosts rhino acme com source serverO - Hosts x acme com x client hostO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Nothing - a ed - - ab -b d-c - C WINDOWS system hpB DC tmp file missing O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run LXSUPMON C WINDOWS system LXSUPMON EXE RUNO - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktaskO - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exeO - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeO - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeO - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHel... Read more

A:Need Help Identifying Files

Hello,

Google is your friend. If you enter the file names in Google and search them you will get the results needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49700/need-help-identifying-files/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I need to know the name of a plug to try and source one on the internet The plug is used to connect the optical disk player on a samsung DVD recorder with need identifying help plug the motherboard The plug is rectangular about X mm with a locating locking device on one long side The plug female carries wires which I assume are for power and others elsewhere is a ribbon cable which I assume carries the video and sound information Background - The optical disk player has developed need help identifying plug a fault and shows the quot OPEN need help identifying plug quot signal on the information panel all the time It is possible to get the disk drawer to close but it immediately opens again I have an older model of the same series and I hope to use the optical player from that but the location of the plugs on the two machines differ and the longest connection wire is too short The actual machines are Samsung SH M and Samsung SH M I wish to use the newer motherboard with a working drive as a need help identifying plug it has a lot of stuff on the HDD and b it will supply a HDMI signal The HDDs are totally different I would be grateful for any help in identifying the designation of the plugs used and if anyone has a simple fix for the fault that would be even better regards phil nbsp

A:need help identifying plug

Splice the short wire and make it longer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-identifying-plug.1143249/
Relevancy 35.69%

The motherboard has gone on my kids computer and I have an older motherboard in the closet.
I am unsure of what it is and what processor it will support.
It says SUPER TX J-TX98B.
I have an AMD 300 K6-2 processor and a 20G hard drive I would like to put with it. I have heard that some of the older motherboards support a hard drive only to a max of 10G.
If these would be a match would I need a BIOS upgrade?
I've never done a BIOS upgrade before.
Thanks in advance,
Nettie

Relevancy 35.69%

Hello guys.

First post here.

A friend of mine executed a javascript file from within a zip archive and she got infected with some ransonware. I would like to know which one it is (to see if there is any guideline for recovering anything). I have the original infected zip here: http://www.filedropper.com/qe

Uploading it to virustotal.com I see it is detected by just a few of AV programs.

Virus creates some html and txt files called help_recover_instructions+vgv in every infected location.

All encrypted files has the .micro extension appended.

Best regards.

A:Help me identifying this ransomware

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===This is your ransomware infection.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602915/please-help-what-is-micro-cant-open-documents/You may want to participate in this topichttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576600/tesladecoder-released-to-decrypt-exx-ezz-ecc-files-encrypted-by-teslacrypt/Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603312/help-me-identifying-this-ransomware/
Relevancy 35.69%

recently my windows firewall has been turning off by itself and i'm not sure why. i have 3 unknown processes on my computer and i couldn't find anything on google, which makes me think it's malware or something. here's the screen capture of it.any one known what i can do to fix this problem?

A:help identifying 3 processes

Hello I searched also, trying to help find a solution.Read this article:New Worm 'Thumbing' Its Way onto Computershttp://news.softpedia.com/news/New-Worm-Th...rs-102269.shtmlFollowing is a partial excerpt from the article:"The worm, known as VBS/AutoRun-UC (Sophos alias), spreads to remote computers through removable media devices, where it copies itself. In order to infect other systems, the malicious application also creates an autorun.inf file to be executed by Windows AutoRun, a feature which is enabled by default on most systems.The worm ads a startup registry entry under ?HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run? named ?Explorer,? with a value of: wscript.exe //e:VBScript ?<currentdirectory>\database.mdb.? Wscript.exe is a legit file, which is known as the Windows Script Host, allowing the execution of various types of scripts. The //e:VBScript switch tells the Windows Script Host that it should use the VBScript engine to parse the database.mdb file.People who do not require the AutoRun feature in Windows should disable it, as using removable drives is a propagation technique employed by many of today's threats. The U.S. Army was recently forced to ban the use of such devices from its networks, in order to contain a wide-spread infection. Meanwhile, system and network admins from all over the world are currently battling the Conficker.B worm, who has successfully infected an estimated 9 million systems. One of its propagation methods is also removable media.In addition to disabling the AutoRun feature, users should be vigilant and only execute files that they are familiar with. ?If you don?t know what it is, don?t click it,? James Wyke stresses. "- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -After I found the above, I searched for "VBS/AutoRun-UC removal" and found this:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/M....sys-24506.htmlAt the end of the above, it provides a link to:How to remove a Trojan, Virus, Worm, or other Malwarehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-remove-a-trojan-virus-worm-or-malware/Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300842/help-identifying-3-processes/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello Techspot,

A friend of mine has given me his old GPU. It is a nVidia Geforce. However, I don't know more about it. I have taken some pictures of it.

It has to DVI ports, and it is 24 cm long. I am suspecting it is a 9800GT or 8800GT, but it is missing one output.

If there are any more pictures needed, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

A:Identifying Nvidia GPU

Might be time consuming, but if you stick it in a PC and run Speccy, wouldn't that tell you?

I may very well be missing something, but that should work if all else fails.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/identifying-nvidia-gpu.169991/