Windows Support Forum

Some webpages simply never work on my desktop unless I use proxy. Why?

Q: Some webpages simply never work on my desktop unless I use proxy. Why?

I've been having this issue for as long as I can remember Certain sites simply Some on work desktop never webpages proxy. unless I Why? simply my use never load on my desktop My Firefox and my IE would indicate that the page is down by returning the following error ---------------------------------------- Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at somewebpage com The site Some webpages simply never work on my desktop unless I use proxy. Why? could be temporarily unavailable or too busy Try again in a few moments If you are unable to load any Some webpages simply never work on my desktop unless I use proxy. Why? pages check your computer's network connection If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web ---------------------------------------- I've got a handful of sites that give this error I've tried formatting and it doesn't help Theses same sites work FINE from work from collage and from my cellphone Android but NOT my damn desktop At first I thought maybe Comcast was blocking them but then I realized that I CAN view them on my Android phone using Dolphin Browser or any Android browser for that matter when connected to my Wi-fi which obviously is the Comcast Xfinity I Google'ed public proxy's and found one called hidemyass which is a web based proxy I can toss the websites in question into the hidemyass and they work I've been using the proxy's as a work around but frankly they are SLOW and very inconvenient in general I'm lost Thoughts Operating system is Windows Ultimate SP -bit with all the latest updates

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Some webpages simply never work on my desktop unless I use proxy. Why?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Some webpages simply never work on my desktop unless I use proxy. Why?

Wow no one has any thoughts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/179597-some-webpages-simply-never-work-my-desktop-unless-i-use-proxy-why.html
Relevancy 61.06%

hi

i am in win 8.1
today when i was working with my laptop i said , every webpages got error and i could not open any webpage except google . com , i checked google chorme errors and it was something about proxies so i enabled my proxy and could check pages but when i turn it off again unable to open any webpage
and i am using dns jumper

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/76260-i-cannot-open-webpages-without-proxy-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Any program that is freeware and i install ir or a cracked program or game or whatever just dont work... i mean when i try to turn it on by clicking the exe icon the mouse pointer becomes the loading kind (hourglass is beside it) and it stays that way for like 3 seconds and nothing happens the mouse pointer just returns to normal

please help i am begging you

A:simply dosent work

EXE File Association Fix (Restore default association for EXE files)
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simply-dosent-work.610639/
Relevancy 59.77%

As the title implies, my speaker is malfunctioning. I have no idea what to do with this problem but I have tried many things. The control panel says it is completely fine and trouble shooting says nothing. Please help me.

A:My speaker simply does not work!

Try uninstalling the sound driver, reboot and see whether it works, provide more details about your system for members to help you. You could also try a system restore to a point it was working.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/26628-my-speaker-simply-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi for some reason my mbam exe always gets an APPCRASH error when I try to use it even Chameleon doesn't work the fault module it shows is MSVCR dll Any idea what's causing this I also have AVG and Avast both of which I have set an exception for Mbam folders in Programfiles and Programdata There was once that when AVG and Avast was scanning for the first time it just hung at a certain number of file and didn't move on past it I had to close them and reopen them to get it to work again and consequent scans showed up nothing Even in safemode and enabled thorough scanning and scanning for rootkits had nothing show up for both Avast and AVG Mbam worked before for days and then this error showed up Malwarebytes work? don't simply just Tried using a clean copy of the entire mbam directory and renaming Mbam to something else and nothing worked Is it some sort of Malwarebytes just simply don't work? really nasty trojan or is there something else blocking the Mbam Shouldnt be conflict because Mbam works for about - days everytime I do a fresh reinstall with Mbam clean Also mbamcheck exe returns with error whenever I try to run it as well

A:Malwarebytes just simply don't work?

Forgot to mention, used Rkill and results returned are clean.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547537/malwarebytes-just-simply-dont-work/
Relevancy 59.77%

I m having problems getting this computer to have audio I m more than sure this computer has an integrated sound card it even has a microphone and a headphone jack for the back of the computer but no matter what I ve tried it says there s simply nothing there Every time I try to just Audio simply won't work open up the Volume Control I get the following message quot There are no active mixer devices available To install mixer devices Audio just simply won't work go to Control Panel click Printers and Other Hardware and then click Add Hardware This program will now close quot I ve tried everything that I can think of In the Device Manager everything under Sound is listed as working There is only one thing in the entire Device Manager that has a yellow exclamation mark and that is under Other Devices quot SM Bus Controller quot This computer is quite old I would estimate from the early s for sure Actually found it and well it s much better than the old computer my parents use to have so I decided to fix this one up and give it to them since it had more RAM and is obviously much faster But for whatever reason the audio just simply doesn t work Every time something pops up a noise comes from the computer itself the typical noise when a computer s audio isn t working properly The drivers are all up-to-date except that one SM Bus Controller I cannot seem to locate it anywhere on the internet but I m sure you guys can help me Here s some info on the computer from EVEREST Motherboard Field Value Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID -SiS -P S Motherboard Name Asus P S Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type Intel NetBurst Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz QDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type SiS MuTIOL Bus Width -bit Motherboard Physical Info CPU Sockets Slots Socket Expansion Slots PCI AGP RAM Slots DDR DIMM Integrated Devices Audio Form Factor ATX Motherboard Size mm x mm Motherboard Chipset SiS DX Extra Features JumperFree Q-Fan Stepless Freq Selection Motherboard Manufacturer Company Name ASUSTeK Computer Inc Product Information http www asus com products aspx l BIOS Download http support asus com download download aspx SLanguage en-us Click to expand CPU Field Value CPU Properties CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x CPU Alias Northwood A CPU Stepping B Instruction Set x MMX SSE SSE Original Clock MHz Min Max CPU Multiplier x x Engineering Sample No L Trace Cache K Instructions L Data Cache KB L Cache KB On-Die ECC ATC Full-Speed CPU Physical Info Package Type Pin uPGA Package Size cm x cm Transistors million Process Technology M um CMOS Cu Low-K Die Size mm Core Voltage - V I O Voltage - V Typical Power - W depending on clock speed Maximum Power - W depending on clock speed CPU Manufacturer Company Name Intel Corporation Product Information http www intel com products browse processor htm CPU Utilization CPU Click to expand If you guys have any solutions it would be greatly appreciated if you could share them with me I ve been trying to figure out what s wrong but can t seem to figure it out Perhaps the solution is to install the correct drivers for the SM Bus Controller but I can t seem to locate it Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-just-simply-wont-work.891708/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a compaq CQ60, its 6 months old and when I plug the headphones nothing happens, I have also noticed that the built in microphone doesn't work either. What shall I do?

A:Headphones simply dont work

Welcome,
Go to control panel, hardware and sound, manage audio devices.
Make sure they are listed there and are not disabled.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/268287-headphones-simply-dont-work.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've installed Windows 7 Home Premium onto my computer, and after a few months or so it told me it needed to activate, and needed an activation key. I ignored it at first but then it gave me trouble. The wallpaper was always missing replaced with a black background, and as of today no program will run. I can click on anything, right-click run, all that happens is the loading circle comes up for a second and then quits. the only thing I can do is browse folders. So I activated Windows 7, but that didn't solve the problem. In safe mode I managed to run Windows Defender, after a full system scan no threats detected. I did a System restore from 2 weeks ago and that didn't fix it. So, I am at a complete loss as to what to do to fix this problem.

A:Serious problem running programs, as in they simply don't work

Extend the trial to another 30 days, then activate it
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-120-days.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/126306-serious-problem-running-programs-they-simply-dont-work.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Straight to the problem - my DVD drive simply won t work As said in the title it s a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- D ATA Device and the problem seems to be a strange one well two problems really but the second is moot if the first persists - Whilst the computer recognises the drive is installed shows up in Device Manager completely free of the dreaded yellow exclamation mark the driver Windows has chosen Drive Problems DVD-RW - Pioneer Won't - Simply Work DVR-111D is incorrect and the drive won t recognise Drive Problems - Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D - Simply Won't Work anything that is put in it Drive Problems - Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D - Simply Won't Work The important specs are Mobo - MSI K N SLi Drive - As above OS - Vista Ultimate x Before anyone comments - yes yes I know the motherboard has a design flaw that causes problems with large data flow over IDE but I doubt that the current problem bears any relation to said flaw You d have thunk that Vista being the all-powerful OS that Microsoft claims it is would be up to the simple task of recognising a DVD drive wrong For some strange reason the driver it has chosen to install is a CD-ROM driver I ve tried System Restores I ve tried re-installing Vista I ve tried the method on the Microsoft help pages go into the registry entry and delete the upper and lower limits then restart that everyone seems to love I ve tried drivers and the firmware update from the Pioneer site No luck at all I ve got my fingers crossed that someone somewhere has been kind enough to upload generic DVD drivers for Vista A bit of history The drive itself is as old as the computer Up until September this year I used Windows XP SP which I ve still got on my second hard drive For about ten or so months the drive worked an absolute dream Quick reliable It would read every CD or DVD put in it and burn CDs and DVDs with nary a problem then I installed Nero but that s the second problem so I won t say much about that I haven t tried the drive with XP yet simply because of problem and the fact that Vista is my main OS and I don t want to be diving into my BIOS and getting the XP drive to start up every time I want to put a CD in the drive and play it --- Summary - I know the DVD drive works as it has done in the past With Vista however it doesn t and I m putting it down to incorrect drivers All help is appreciated and apologies for the ramble nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

hey everyone i m new to this site i read down to previous posts and didn t find my question so hopefully i m not reposting a talked about question a few days ago some of my links stopped working not all of them just some of them when i click on them nothing happens it doesn t even try to load and rarely when i click on a link it opens a blank page and says its done loading a good example if anyone uses Webpages Won't Links, And Right. Work myspace com whenever i go to the blog section to write a blog the place where you input the text is gone so i can t write anything and also when i read bulletins i can t reply to them because when Links, And Webpages Won't Work Right. i click the reply link nothing happens i was thinking maybe it had to do with my Links, And Webpages Won't Work Right. internet explorer i have internet explorer because and im taking a wild Links, And Webpages Won't Work Right. guess about a month ago i was trying to free up space on my computer and i had the option to do something with a bunch of different things like win media player and msn homepage anyway IE was in there and i clicked on it to free up space it didnt delete but it went from like MB to MB in the list sorry if im confusing everyone but i dont know maybe its IE maybe something else i d appreciate anyones tips advice and reccomendations thanks -kelly

A:Links, And Webpages Won't Work Right.

Hi kel420Try a repair on IE.Start > Settings > Control Panel. > double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon. > Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Tools. > Double-click this entry You will then see a box that shows > Select the option to Repair Internet Explorer and press the OK button. Then choose > Yes When it is done reboot your computer. 1) Go to download.com , type in mozilla firefox and install this browser, when prompt for selecting as default, select YES.Why go to Download.com when there is Firefox downloads available directly from mozilla.comFirefox - Rediscover the Web

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39847/links-and-webpages-wont-work-right/
Relevancy 51.17%

I ran all of the spyware virus checks in safe mode and can't fix this thing I keep getting popups from PCSecurity Desktop is completely black with a quot your computer is infected quot message in the middle All Desktop/all Hijacked Webpages my webpages open up to a PCSecurity download site Appreciate the help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot Desktop/all Webpages Hijacked mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS system lpcywinp exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system lpcywinp exe C WINDOWS system userinit exeO - BHO no name - -d e - bc -a bd- d ca be - no file O - BHO no name - - e- aac-afd -eff a dd - no file O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO no name - e f -a e - b -b - bf db fb - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - dfedaa- - d -bfc - b a d - no file O - BHO no name - CE -C - DF -AEE - CFEAEAD D F - C WINDOWS system ddabb dll file missing O - BHO no name - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - no file O - BHO no name - adbcce -cf - e- b -afc a c a - no file O - BHO no name - - FC - - F - F D - C WINDOWS system pmnlj dll file missing O - BHO no name - d cb -cc c- -a e -f b d bcf - no file O - BHO egmulhxk msdn hlp - F -BA - D - E - D CAA F - C WINDOWS system egmulhxk dllO - BHO no name - E B D-DFC - D -B CA- C FF - C WINDOWS system ddabx dll file missing O - BHO no name - ef - a a- d - -b e cc - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C D -A AB- B-B D-FD C FEF - no file O - BHO no name - - - - A - F D - no file O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO no name - bc-a - a d- cdf-ba c f e - no file O - BHO no name - abc a- e - d -b b-d c f a c - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - a e ce- dd - b -baed- d f - C WINDOWS zmdqbihs dllO - BHO no name - a - - e - a -a e f f - no file O - BHO no name - a a cf- - d - bd- a - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO no name - B D D - - BA - - BD CBD CBD - no file O - BHO no name - b bfe-b - d -bfa - b e bd - no file O - BHO no name - bb - fa- -ba -eca a bc - no file O - BHO no name - c e - - a e- f - a b - no file O - BHO no name - c ca - cf - b - b - a fd - no file O - BHO no name - c af - c - dfb- - ab a - no file O - BHO no name - ca d b - c - d -a - c e b - no file O - BHO no name - d efadf - - d - c - c dc - no file O - BHO no name - e a a-a - -b c-da f - no file O - BHO no name - e - e- e - d - beef c - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - ... Read more

A:Desktop/all Webpages Hijacked

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum jmc12My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Please disable Spybot S&D?s protection,or it will interfere.You can enable it after you're clean.Open Spybot and click on 'Mode' and check 'Advanced Mode'.Click on 'Tools' in bottom left hand corner.Click on the 'System Startup' icon.Uncheck 'Teatimer' box and/or uncheck 'Resident'.Click the 'Allow Change' box.Then, check next to the computer clock to see if the icon for Spybot is still there.If it is, right click it and choose 'exit Spybot-S&D Resident'.Restart the computer.If you find you're experiencing problems disabling Spybot's Tea-Timer,follow the info in the link below:http://www.russelltexas.com/malware/teatimer.htmDownload SDFix.exe and save it to your desktop:http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe* Double click on SDFix on your desktop,and install the fix to C:\ Please then reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:* Restart your computer* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".* Choose your usual account.* In Safe Mode,go to and open the C:\SDFix folder,then double click on RunThis.bat to start the script.* Type Y to begin the script.* It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.* Press any Key and it will restart the PC.* Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.* When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.* Finally open the SDFix folder on your desktop and copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt into your next reply.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123590/desktopall-webpages-hijacked/
Relevancy 51.17%

Tonight, all at once, my desktop and my open webpages and other things appear to be blurry. It's almost like double vision. I am not computer wise but can follow instructions if someone could help me troubleshoot this problem.
I've made no changes to my computer at all.
Thanks so very much.

A:Blurry Desktop and webpages

XP or Vista? Is the monitor a LCD flatscreen or an old CRT?
First thing to check would be the Refresh Rate and DPI settings. Maybe update the video drivers. What is the make and model number of the computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186607/blurry-desktop-and-webpages/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone I have this really odd problem Webpages Connection downloads work. don't load, problem. still with my internet connection that I hope can get fixed Sometimes it looks like my internet connection just stops working The weird part is that I am still connected to my home network and if I have downloads going or a video streaming it still downloads I Connection problem. Webpages don't load, downloads still work. can't for example open a new tab and go to a webpage chrome says the webpage is not available firefox says server not found IE says cannot display the webpage but as long as the downloads were going before the connection messed up they still keep going Even utorrent Connection problem. Webpages don't load, downloads still work. can download when webpages don't load As for my network the connection is the same that I've had for the past couple of years and never had this issue My phone and my sister's laptop have no problems so this Connection problem. Webpages don't load, downloads still work. has to be my laptop's issue My only way to repair is to diagnose the problem and my network adapter gets reset Some thing of note is that this never happened to me before until I had a problem and had to reformat my drive C I also updated my network drivers from my laptop company's page -another thing is that it seems to all work again after an hour or so Thank you in advance for any help EDIT I've noticed chrome says it is a DNS error I hope this helps

A:Connection problem. Webpages don't load, downloads still work.

Hello dark dragon, the ipconfig looks fine other than it appears you aren't using a Windows 7 approved driver, if it were an approved WHQL driver then the Msoft Virtual WiFi miniport adaptor would be showing here. This is most likely the cause of this problem.

You might try going to the manufacture of your machine to look for an updated version of the driver for the Atheros AR9285 driver, or go to the Windows update Center to see if they have a driver for this adaptor.

Looks like you have Asus.
http://support.asus.com/ServiceHome.aspx?SLanguage=en

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289282-connection-problem-webpages-dont-load-downloads-still-work.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Sometimes my internet get overloaded and it prevent from connecting to servers or at least it seems like it It only happens when I enter sites like Twitch or use skype When I try to load a stream on Twitch for example my internet unable to Internet load am work connection but I webpages is still working but I can t load webpages If I am on a call on skype while it s happening I will still be able to hear and talk normally the only Internet connection work but I am unable to load webpages real issue is that it seems like my internet can t make new connections while it s having this problem Recently I have Internet connection work but I am unable to load webpages this problem occurs when I log into skype as well it s like my internet can t handle such heavy connection Exiting from Skype will fix that I wonder what is Internet connection work but I am unable to load webpages the cause of that and if there s a fix for it After trying to look for an answer I couldn t find anything that will fix my problem It happened in the past before but now it seems more and more frequent Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-work-but-i-am-unable-to-load-webpages.1163328/
Relevancy 49.88%

My desktop has been changed to an all black screen with a red message about "spyware infected." Everytime I log onto a web page it changes to an antispyware page.

I ran adaware, spy-bot, McAfee stinger

In addition, I went through the Vundofix thread and the SmitfraudFix thread and nothing helped.

Let me know what to post! (HJT log, etc...)

I keep getting PCSSecurityLab.com popups....

A:Desktop Hijacked/adaware Hijacking Webpages

Well if you have run all those and in safe mode I would suggest you generate a HJT log and post it in the HJT forum

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123574/desktop-hijackedadaware-hijacking-webpages/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi play background in Webpages vanished Desktop and - After running Microsoft Security Essentials Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware many virus symtoms have gone from my computer but I am left with several My Webpages play in background and Desktop vanished desktop is completely blank Right-clicking on it has no effect and saving files to the desktop does not make them appear there When connected to the internet webpages appear to play in the background Webpages play in background and Desktop vanished - I have periodic music playing and sometimes script errors pop up for unfamiliar webpages All my files were set to hidden by the virus and I ran a script to unhide them Any help you can give Webpages play in background and Desktop vanished would be massively appreciated as I have run out of ideas to try Logs below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by a at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Enabled Outdated - - - B- E B FB AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Quick PDF Tools QuickPDFTCP exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Eraser eraser exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system CNAB RPK EXE C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Lexico CleverKeys CK exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared logger exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility PMBCore SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync ClientInitiatedStarter ClientInitiatedStarter exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor DbgOut exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor HTCVBTServer exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor FsynSrvStarter exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Bleeping Computer dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uInternet Settings ProxyServer http mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com mWinlogon Userinit Userinit exe BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll uRun Eraser c program files eraser eraser exe -hide uRun AnyDVD c program files slysoft anydvd AnyDVDtray exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun SunJava... Read more

A:Webpages play in background and Desktop vanished

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394474/webpages-play-in-background-and-desktop-vanished/
Relevancy 49.45%

My XP computer Desktop but to webpages not internet connected shows as load do shows as connected to my SpeedStream router however when I try to go to a website using IE it says connecting to the page but nothing ever comes up I m able to connect to the Internet through my Desktop shows as connected to internet but webpages do not load laptop using the wireless feature of the router so I do not think that it has to do with the Desktop shows as connected to internet but webpages do not load router I Desktop shows as connected to internet but webpages do not load have tried rebooting the router I also tried replacing the USB cable that connects the computer to the router and connecting directly by ethernet without any luck In the case of each cable I tried to load a webpage before and after a reboot I also ran a virus scan to see if anything may be stopping the connection but nothing was found I also ran ISPFix but that found nothing either I m a little stumped and any help would be appreciated Some additional info on the system is my ISP is Frontier DSL I have a broadband router which is a SpeedStream from Siemens It is connected to the affected computer through the USB port It has been connected that way for over two years now It is a wired connection type The affected computer has XP with SP installed The other computer on the network is a laptop which is wirelessly connected to the same router That one is not having an issues The problem with the affected one is that it seems to be connected to the internet but whenever I try to load webpages in IE nothing happens and the tab just says Connecting I also was able to ping yahoo com the computer in questions IP and the default gateway without issue Thanks nbsp

A:Desktop shows as connected to internet but webpages do not load

Try ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-shows-as-connected-to-internet-but-webpages-do-not-load.775029/
Relevancy 49.45%

I m a total computer novice so I bottom Acer Monitor webpages pic shows & top of on desktop hope I m able to convey what s going on here Last night I was working on some research on my emachine desktop and I accidentally Acer Monitor shows desktop pic on top & bottom of webpages hit a button I think it might have been one of the quot F quot keys which made my webpages appear smaller Now I can see my desktop picture on the top and bottom of my screen when a webpage is open even though the icons that normally appear on the bottom of the screen are still visible albeit over the desktop picture Another new thing I noticed as a result of this is at the top of the screen above where the webpage ends and the desktop picture is now seen there is the Firefox icon followed by information about what page I am currently viewing i e right now it says quot Tech Support Guy Forums - Post New Thread - Mozilla Firefox While this is all really cool I want to be able to return to viewing my webpages normally with the tools on top and the icons on bottom of each page not in the FULL page view where these are not visible if that makes sense Geez I hope I explained this so that someone out there knows what I m talking about I m pretty sure I just need to hit another key to return it to the normal mode but I don t want to start pressing random keys and create another problem Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-monitor-shows-desktop-pic-on-top-bottom-of-webpages.894002/
Relevancy 49.02%

It seems that my laptop has many problems these days but this one is really freaking me out The first time I noticed it I had several tabs open in background Multi-Coloured and of desktop on Blocks static webpages firefox and Multi-Coloured Blocks of static on webpages and desktop background the backgrounds of a few webpages started to appear as multicoloured lines and almost all of the text on the page wasn t showing up either Other sites had icons that were covered in blocks of similarly coloured static as well Initially exiting and reopening firefox seemed to fix the problem but only temporarily as the multicoloured blocks soon returned Then the other day after just closing the laptop rather than shutting it down which I do quite often I reopened it and it loaded up an entire screen of the static mess before getting to the log-in screen And when I did log-in the desktop background had been replaced by it even though all the icons and the taskbar were absolutely untouched and I was even able to go into properties and change the background back to what it was before I have no idea what the problem could be I hope it s not a virus but there are a few other strange things happening lean towards that as a possibility One of which being facebook constantly telling me that I need to quot log-in to see this page quot and sends me somewhere to enter a password or that my session has timed out leading to another log-in screen This has never happened before and if I press cancel or back I can continue to do what I was doing and I m still logged-in If anyone has any idea what s causing this then please let me know Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Where and how do I do this?

A:win 8.1 needs proxy server to work

A little more information would be very helpful.  A proxy is normally used to connect to the Internet and the settings are either set in your browser or Internet Options in the control panel.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538441/win-81-needs-proxy-server-to-work/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
I hope someone can help. I've tried to set up both burp and webscarab proxy on both IE and Mozilla firefox but pages are just loading to about 30% of load bar and no more. Error message says: "Web Proxy is not set up to establish a connection on port "8008" with this computer. port 8008 is the default port for webscarab. I've set both webscarab and IE/Firefox proxy settings (through internet options) to localhost on port 8008. Is it simply that it needs to be set to a different port - if so how do i find out/detect which one is the correct one, or is there something completely different I need to do?

I'm using Vista home basic 32-bit, IE8, Mozilla FireFox 10.0.2

A:can't get webscarab proxy to work on IE or firefox

Hello, I found some info on Burp proxy : Using Burp Proxy

When Burp Proxy is launched, the HTTP/S proxy service is started automatically on port 8080 of the loopback interface only. To start using Burp Proxy, simply configure your browser to use a proxy server on 127.0.0.1:8080, and begin browsing.
Burp Proxy Help

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/295183-cant-get-webscarab-proxy-work-ie-firefox.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a recent problem with trying to browse a couple of my regular websites When I try to view them I get quot Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at quot messages instantly with no even trying to access the domains I tried ping and tracert commands in the command prompt and both failed to connect to the domains However when I go to any proxy unblocking website and enter these sites they will load fine through proxy so I know they're online They were showing up as quot proxy, but not certain browsers in in sites work my down for everyone quot a certain sites work in proxy, but not in my browsers few days ago checking via websites that check domains but they're working now I checked my hosts file certain sites work in proxy, but not in my browsers they're not being blocked through that It's not a certain sites work in proxy, but not in my browsers Firefox issue as even IE won't load them I said before they'll load via proxy websites but not in my browsers through normal use I have no idea what's blocking these sites or why I can't view them Could it be an issue on the server's end not letting me connect Blocking via my ISP Or just some other thing with my PC Though I can't think of why these specific sites would be giving me problems neither is related to antivirus or whatever and all my scans with MSE and Malewarebytes are coming up clean for malware I did run Windows Update a few days ago but it was mostly MSE definition updates and Windows update nothing really special and I think this started well after I ran the update As it is I'm basically clueless And even though I can load them in proxy sites I can't use them as they don't really work through free proxies due to javascript and such

A:certain sites work in proxy, but not in my browsers

Hi Diosoth,

You may try if possible for you to connect to a Free Wi-Fi Hotspots just to see if it has nothing to do with your ISP. Some DNS's may be changed or update by your ISP. Your ISP doesn't normally inform their clients of these changes, I have experienced this myself.

Other than using Proxy's, Public DNS's might also help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212145-certain-sites-work-proxy-but-not-my-browsers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

It appears that XP's Remote Desktop doesn't work via Proxy connections...

Would anyone have any suggestions regarding how one can try to troubleshoot this??

A:XP Remote Desktop via Proxy

Try changing the port it is using.

To change the port number to which the Remote Desktop client connects:
Click Start, click All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
In the Computer box, type the computer name or IP address of the computer to which you want to connect, followed by a colon : and the port number you want to use.

For example, to connect to port 3390 on a computer named "MyXPPro," type the following information:
MyXPPro:3390

To connect to port 3391 on a computer with IP address 10.10.10.1, type the following information:
10.10.10.1:3391

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-remote-desktop-via-proxy.169228/
Relevancy 47.73%

WinXP Home SP2

When closing explorer I get the following error message on my desktop:
Proxy Desktop: Explorer EXE – Application Error, the instruction at “0x77f83aed” referenced memory at “0x004f0044”. The memory could not be “written”.

Whats causing this?

A:Proxy Desktop:Explorer.exe

Do you mean Internet Explorer ?
Explorer itself is the shell of your Desktop

Basically your computer memory was being written to when IE was closed (if it's IE)
Possible due to network activity (downloading to your proxy)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proxy-desktop-explorer-exe.654480/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm having a little trouble getting Proxy Server 2.0 to work. I purchased the ON SITE book to help me out and still can't get it to work. The problem seems to be the way I'm trying to hook everything to get out to the real world. We have one Hub, a router, and one server with two NIC Cards, One for the Internal IP Addresses(No Gateway). And one for the External(With a Gateway). I did everything Step by step from the book and It still won't work. I had the external NIC going to the Router and the Internal going to the HUB and got nothing.

Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop has Windows XP Home SP It s been running very slow When I logged off yesterday an end program box appeared asking if I wanted to end the program proxy desktop Also I just tried to look at another thread in this forum SBCSSvc exe HELP The browser closed both times I clicked on it I googled it and clicked the cached version It didn t take me to the web page Instead a window came up titled Language Pack Installation To display language characters correctly you need to install the Something called is running Desktop Proxy following language pack Chinese Simplified Then there s install or cancel and a box you can check that says Never install any language packs What gives with that Kaspersky doesn t find anything I ran spybot adaware windows defender avg antiapyware and some online scans AVG found a tracking cookie Webtrends which it didn Something called Proxy Desktop is running t remove Here s Something called Proxy Desktop is running my hijack this log and an fsecure online scan log I appreciate your help Betsy nbsp

A:Something called Proxy Desktop is running

Sorry, I didn't mean to post HJT log as an attachment. Here it is. Also the log from the fsecure online scan.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:51:43 PM, on 11/16/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16544)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\IoloSGCtrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\SystemGuardAlerter.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\SMSystemAnalyzer.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\PopupBlocker.exe
C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Hacker\KAVPF.exe
C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI (BETA)\PSI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apntex.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\HJT\hijackthis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,(Default) = Download Directory
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemGuardAlerter] "C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\SystemGuardAlerter.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAVPersonal50] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal\kav.exe" /minimize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ioloDelayModule] C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\delay.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SMSystemAnalyzer] "C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\SMSystemAnalyzer.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [System Mechanic Popup Blocker] "C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\PopupBlocker.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RoboForm] "C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe"
O4 - Startup: Secunia PSI (BETA).lnk = C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI (BETA)\PSI.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kaspersky Anti-Hacker.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Hacker\KAVPF.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Customize Menu - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Fill Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: RoboForm Toolbar - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Save Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-called-proxy-desktop-is-running.652655/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys! I have an older Compaq desktop, running Windows 2K with IE. It's been lightly used on a dial up modem for years. Today I brought it to work and hooked up the ethernet cord to access the Intranet through a proxy server. I reconfigured the LAN connection and got right on. Yay. However, when I attempt to go to Microsoft Update to update, the software isn't recognized and the page loads without information and says Done at the lower left hand corner. Is this my work preventing an unknown computer from hooking up? If so, can I do anything about it? All other pages load perfectly, including the intranet website. But I'd like to update my software. I tried going to Mozilla to download Firefox, but I when I found the link, I was unable to click on it. Smart computer, eh? Any suggestions? Thanks. Andrea

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-windows-2k-ie-and-cant-update-on-work-proxy-server.687633/
Relevancy 46.87%

I setup a intranet site where I publish a very simple pac file It is not working in IE but it is working fine in Chrome and in Firefox which indicates that the file and funcionality is OK only IE is not working This happens in some PCs most of my internal users has no problem but some PCs has this or PAC Firefox did in works work file 11, in Proxy it not but Chrome IE issue I can't find a patron I have Win and Win with the same issue nbsp I try to reset IE settings and in some cases Proxy PAC file did not work in IE 11, but it works in Chrome or Firefox works If I login with a different user to create a new profile it works Any idea where to look to what is going on whit these pcs PAC file posted in an internal sharepoint server function FindProxyForURL url host nbsp nbsp if shExpMatch host quot company-group corp quot nbsp return quot PROXY quot else nbsp if shExpMatch host quot servicedesk company net quot nbsp return quot PROXY quot else nbsp return quot DIRECT quot nbsp Tanus Sacin

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9b9b10ce-dde0-4bf6-8c5c-e7d79fe22793/proxy-pac-file-did-not-work-in-ie-11-but-it-works-in-chrome-or-firefox?forum=ieitpropriorver
Relevancy 46.87%

I asked this in the ISA forum but they said since the WPAD file isn't generated by ISA to cross-post proxy detect with automatic manual using but not work Sites over here We have an ISA build operating as our web proxy We have WPAD configured both in DNS and in DHCP to point to this ISA server There are two sites rentsentinel com and epmsonline com which when we Sites work using manual proxy but not with automatic detect use the 'Automatically detect settings' option in IE it either Sites work using manual proxy but not with automatic detect gives red X's in part of the homepage rentsentinel or doesn't show the page at Sites work using manual proxy but not with automatic detect all epms If we manually specify the proxy settings for this same server it works fine It would also appear that one can browse fine on random sites but once we attempt to browse to one of these two sites nbsp that further browsing to other sites no longer works even those we visited in the same browsing session If I manually specify the http wpad wpad dat file in the config field no change in behavior But if I use that same entry in Firefox both websites render fine Our wpad dat is included below with our internal domain name switched to domain com I'm looking for help on getting these sites working correctly with automatic detection Thanks Copyright c - Microsoft Corporation BackupRoute quot DIRECT quot UseDirectForLocal true function MakeIPs this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot this quot quot DirectIPs new MakeIPs cDirectIPs function MakeCARPExceptions CARPExceptions new MakeCARPExceptions cCARPExceptions function MakeNames this quot gracehill com quot this quot cna com quot this quot itsolutions com quot this quot rentsentinel com quot this quot domain com quot DirectNames new MakeNames cDirectNames HttpPort quot quot cNodes function MakeProxies this new Node quot hades- domain com quot Proxies new MakeProxies function Node name hash load this name name this hash hash this load load this score return this function FindProxyForURL url host var hash urllower i fIp false ip nocarp false skiphost false var list quot quot pl j score ibest bestscore urllower url toLowerCase if urllower substring quot rtsp quot urllower substring quot rtspt quot urllower substring quot rtspu quot urllower substring quot mms quot urllower substring quot mmst quot urllower substring quot mmsu quot return quot DIRECT quot if UseDirectForLocal if isPlainHostName host fIp true for i i lt cDirectNames i if shExpMatch host DirectNames i fIp true break if shExpMatch url DirectNames i return quot DIRECT quot if cDirectIPs if fIp return quot DIRECT quot else ip host if fIp ip dnsResolve host var isIpAddr d d if isIpAddr test ip for i i lt cDirectIPs i if isInNet ip DirectIPs i DirectIPs i return quot DIRECT quot else if isPlainHostName host return quot DIRECT quot if cCARPExceptions gt f... Read more

A:Sites work using manual proxy but not with automatic detect

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

Since the issue is complex and difficulty to troublshooting, we discussed for some time corssing the specialty. Here is some direction we may let you know to do further troubleshooting:

capture network trace to confirm whats happening across the wire.confirm the wpad.dat is the expected.

If you have any difficulty when doing this, we suggest you to contact with IT Pro Support via the link below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ms772425?WT.mc_id=SMCfoot_ENUS_TEXT
I think it can help you define the root cause via some deeper tools due to the complicated symptom you have.
I appreciate your understanding and time.
Best Regards,
Annie Gu

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bcbb8339-a979-4483-b794-373893a132f1/sites-work-using-manual-proxy-but-not-with-automatic-detect?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a laptop running Windows XP, the configuration is unimportant. When I close Windows Explorer, I get a popup warning stating "Proxy Desktop: explorer.exe - Application error, referenced instruction 0x01e8422a..." to which I hit close. I checked the solution to uncheck Tools > Folder Options > View > Launch folder windows in a separate process, but that was not applicable. I checked my startup programs and have no unusual programs starting or running from there. Is there a registry key problem that I am not seeing? I didn't feel like spending all day looking at every Google link...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proxy-desktop-explorer-exe-application-error.971842/
Relevancy 46.87%

On my school network, the Windows XP Remote Desktop Client is available but all internet connections must go through the network proxy server (which only allows port 80). The problem is not the port 80 restriction (the pc that I want to connect to is running remote desktop on port 80) but getting the client to use the proxy. Is there anything I can do that will allow me to use to proxy (i have access to the registry if that helps)?

Thanks
mrbrownstone

Relevancy 46.44%

Firefox, Steam, Filezilla, Skype all work.
IE, Chrome, Evernote and others all dont.

Windows Network Diagnostic tool says:
Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Chrome Says:
Error 137 (net::ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED): Unknown error.

Its not a virus or malware, its likely because i removed registry keys related to old web filtering software.

In the Internet Options settings it is set to automatically detect settings and no proxy server is set.

Please help and thanks.

A:Proxy Settings messed up in windows, but firefox and some applications work.

Hi,

Have you ran an malware scanner to be sure you don't have any baddies on the computer? If not run malwarebytes ( link in my sig).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427256/proxy-settings-messed-up-in-windows-but-firefox-and-some-applications-work/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I'm new here I found these forums because my girlfriend's computer was infected with something and V2 'popups' Desktop Email Symantec Flooding Proxy the starting symptoms were similar to the thread already posted here Unfortunately though simply following the Symantec Email Proxy 'popups' Flooding Desktop V2 steps listed in that post didn't work She has on her computer windows XP with NOD Spybot Ad-aware Norton etc Spybot picked up a virantix c forgive me if I botch things with names etc and something that replaces the spoolsv file I believe it was delf spool cn in spybot Everytime I reboot these get uploaded again despite me cleaning them with spybot obviously there is something still on the computer regenerating them Everytime I turn on her wireless internet or Symantec Email Proxy 'popups' Flooding Desktop V2 anytime she has a connection period the computer immediately crashes Initially I would just get the spam mail pop ups from symantec now I can't even get that far before getting immediate reboots Here's my Hijackthis LogThanks in advance for any and all help DerekLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files HPQ IAM bin asghost exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEc Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exec Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HPQ HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXEC Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exeC WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exeC Program Files D-Tools daemon exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXEC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www seznam cz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www hp comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName OdkazyR - URLSearchHook A F - - CA - B-A CEECB B - - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Active... Read more

A:Symantec Email Proxy 'popups' Flooding Desktop V2

Hello, Zabak. to BleepingComputer.comMy name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)I want to apologise that it has taken so long to get back to you. We on the HJT Team are working as fast as possible to get your log answered.If you would still like help, please post a new HiJack This log below, as things may have changed on your system.If you do not still need help, please let me know, so that I can move on to other users who still need help.Please take note of the following:While a HJT Team member is working with you, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .Billy3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168676/symantec-email-proxy-popups-flooding-desktop-v2/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I am having problems with Symantec Email proxy pop-ups flooding the screen the minute I activate the wireless connection. I have turned off the Symantec email protection so that I can post here and figure out what's going on. Nothing so far.

Any help will be appreciated. I have a HijackThis log. I can post it upon request.

Thank you,

Rafa

A:Symantec Email Proxy 'popups' Flooding Desktop

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280387/symantec-email-proxy-popups-flooding-desktop/
Relevancy 46.44%

I Believe this is a fairly common problem it has appeared on my PC within the last week and despite running Norton Internet Services AVG Malware Removal and Spybot I cannot Proxy Flooding Symantec Email Desktop Boxes seem to cleanse it from my system Please can someone help me Below is the HijackThis Log File Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot Symantec Email Proxy Boxes Flooding Desktop mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeE PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst Symantec Email Proxy Boxes Flooding Desktop exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeE Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeE PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeE PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeE PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeE Program Files iPod Access for Windows iPAHelper exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX DrvLsnr exeE Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeE Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeE Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS Logi MwX ExeC WINDOWS system LVComsX exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeE Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeE Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeE PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeE Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXEE Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - E PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run DrvLsnr C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX DrvLsnr exeO - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair E Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray E Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeO - HKLM Run ewido quot E ewido anti-spyware ewido exe quot minimizedO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot E Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run WinFaxAppPortStarter wfxsnt exeO - HKLM Run Log... Read more

A:Symantec Email Proxy Boxes Flooding Desktop

Hi IOMPC,

If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience.

P.S. Please copy/paste the log into this thread using the Add Reply button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114383/symantec-email-proxy-boxes-flooding-desktop/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm working on my niece's PC She was having lots of problems with pop-ups amp re-boots Her Email 'popups' Flooding Proxy Desktop Symantec usual connection Symantec Email Proxy 'popups' Flooding Desktop at her house is via DSL Symantec Email Proxy 'popups' Flooding Desktop thru Yahoo She sent the PC to me and Symantec Email Proxy 'popups' Flooding Desktop during my PD findings she is getting the screen flooded with Symante Email Proxy pop-ups She uses webmail on Yahoo does NOT use any resident email program altho' she does have Outlook and Outlook Express on her PC This flooding starts the minute I activate the wireless connection No browsers are open I have verified that there are NO accounts set up on these programs The outgoing email scan has been turned off from Norton so I could work on the system online It looks like spam mail going out as there are error message that it couldn't be delivered etc I have scaned with Norton Adaware Spybot Housecall Panda BitDefender During some of these scans it found Virtumonde Trojans but have NOT been sucessful in deleting them The programs will show that they have been deleted ie registry entries etc but they come back Also on several reboots get an error that Winlogon exe has experienced problems and must close It has rebooted on me several times most recently during a download of Office Updates All OS updates critical updates are installed I'm attaching the HijackThis log I'm hoping that I can get some assistance on this I do not necessary want to reload the system for her and feel that we can get this resolved with all the good talent out there Regards PatLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC Documents and Settings Administrator DownloadedFiles by Pat Hijackthis hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId p www msn comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO no name - DAE -B - BF - E - F B B F - C WINDOWS system bsrafeer dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO no name - E- DF- B -B EA- EB F C a - C WINDOWS system bsrafeer dllO - BHO WTLHelper Object - BD CD - E - - - EC F - C WINDOWS system ddayv dllO - BHO no name - DFDCAA - - D... Read more

A:Symantec Email Proxy 'popups' Flooding Desktop

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.Click the Scan for Vundo button.Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YESOnce you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt even if Vundofix found no infected files.Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.Also post a new hijackthis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69284/symantec-email-proxy-popups-flooding-desktop/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1200 laptop running Windows XP SP3. When I close Windows Explorer, I get a popup warning stating "Proxy Desktop: explorer.exe - Application error, referenced instruction 0x01e8422a..." to which I hit close.

I looked at one of the common solutions 'uncheck Tools > Folder Options > View > Launch folder windows in a separate process', but that choice was not used/checked. I also inspected my Startup Programs and have no unusual programs starting or running from there.

I have rerun a Registry Cleaner and all appropriate virus, ad-mal-spyware programs finding nothing.

Is there a registry key entry that I can check? I have spent several hours checking Google links without success. Could it be a corrupted profile?

Relevancy 46.01%

In a nutshell it looks my parents' computer is able to get wifi connection and is connected to the internet but none of the browsers work e g IE and Chrome thus we can't actually get online I am posting from another computer and have followed your guide by downloading DDS etc and transferring program s document s via a Unable but connection Internet proxy don't server. to connect to work. browsers flash Internet connection but browsers don't work. Unable to connect to proxy server. drive My mom tried to download some sort of accounting software guide tutorial onto her computer In the middle of the download I saw that she was actually downloading quite a bit of other stuff including some games and other browsers and search engines so we were able to stop some of the downloads midway I went in Internet connection but browsers don't work. Unable to connect to proxy server. and uninstalled and deleted the programs that came in that day that didn't seem Internet connection but browsers don't work. Unable to connect to proxy server. familiar Unfortunately after doing that the browsers stopped working and have the error message Chrome Unable to connect to proxy server and IE The proxy server isn't responding check your proxy settings This is just a home computer and I am not aware of any proxy servers that we set up here I tried to follow their instructions to try and fix the problem and Go to Tools gt Internet Options gt Connections and go to LAN settings and UNCHECK the proxy server box Unfortunately every time I uncheck the box it is immediately rechecked when I open it again I did find another thread where someone had a similar problem We tried to download some programs and follow the instructions exactly It worked for that person but not us I hope that didn't mess things up more Please help Thanks so much DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Lee at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated ADA C - F - - A- B E SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated C C - - - FA- E F F SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW McAfee Firewall Disabled DA E - - D - - AD FE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Windows system dlcccoms exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files McAfee MSC McAPExe exe C Windows system mfevtps exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows Microsoft System Update kb WindowsUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files McAfee AMCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvH... Read more

A:Internet connection but browsers don't work. Unable to connect to proxy server.

Hi and Welcome!!   

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that....     Let's get going!!  
----------
   AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the toolVista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
----------
  Please download TDSSKiller
Double click TDSSKiller.exe
Press Start Scan but do nothing else as we are just looking for what is there.
If Malicious objects are found, select Skip by changing the Cure dropdown in the upper right.
Attach the log in your next reply
A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)

----------

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535006/internet-connection-but-browsers-dont-work-unable-to-connect-to-proxy-server/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Windows XP SP3 PC from a user who was infected with malware, I used Malware Bytes to remove the offending software, and now I am unable to open the Windows Update page. I can browse to other pages but after a few minutes, I get redirected to another random page. I also keep seeing the Just In Time debugger. Tried a Registry edit I found recommended elsewhere, to fix that issue, but that didn't last. At this point, neither SAS nor MBAM see any malware present, but I am stuck with my problem. Existing antimalware package is MS Forefront. All utilities I have used have been updated to the most recent definitions.

A:Malware Bytes cleaned malware, now Windows Update doesn't work, webpages randomly redirected

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322525/malware-bytes-cleaned-malware-now-windows-update-doesnt-work-webpages-randomly-redirected/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've looked around, no one else seems to be having this problem.

I created shortcut icons for Word and the icons work fine but look like broken shortcuts. Most ppl suggest right click-properties-change icon. I do that and there are NO different options to choose from. Its a blank box.

This is a pic SIMILAR to my situation. The Opera icon is what I get with my Word 03 and Word 2010 icons. They both looked the way they should BEFORE I clicked on them the first time. But since then, they still work but just look awful.

I have a 32-bit win 7 if that matters. ANY help would be great!

A:Desktop icons i drag to desktop work but look ugly

here you are: klyk!
hope I helped

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/44158-desktop-icons-i-drag-desktop-work-but-look-ugly.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am not sure what is wrong with my computer It has been acting funny for keep being up redirected random pop and webpages webpages weeks but Avira can t seem to fix it My Google searches keep being redirected to incorrect website unless I use the cached version and randomly web pages open up on their own These pages aren t blocked by my pop up blockers and I believe its because they open up as a web page not a pop up They are usually those fake news articles that use the logo off of websites like Good Morning America WWAM news etc talking about some miracle remedy or get rich quick scheme When I try to X out of the page a series of pop-ups webpages keep being redirected and random webpages pop up come up saying quot if I close this page I will lose out on my chance Click OK to close or cancel to remain on this page quot If I click OK another one pops up continuing to try to convince me to stay and so on I use task manager to end the window instead up that closes all of the pages I have open at the time Reading through other Bleeping computer forums I see that it is commonly recommended that users with similiar issues download an app RKUnhookerLE exe and post a log I did that but don t know what they mean I m posting the log below RkU Version Type LE SR OS Name Windows Version Number of processors gt SSDT State ntkrnlpa exe-- NtCreateThread Type Address change x E C -- Unknown module filename ntkrnlpa exe-- NtOpenProcess Type Address change x -- Unknown module filename ntkrnlpa exe-- NtOpenThread Type Address change x EC -- Unknown module filename ntkrnlpa exe-- NtTerminateProcess Type Address change x B D-- F Unknown module filename gt Shadow gt Processes x A C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe Research In Motion Limited RIM Auto Update x B D C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation Internet Explorer x ED C Windows System smss exe Microsoft Corporation Windows Session Manager x A C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Apple Inc Bonjour Service x A C Windows System agrsmsvc exe Agere Systems Agere Soft Modem Call Progress Service x D C Windows System csrss exe Microsoft Corporation Client Server Runtime Process x A B A C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe Avira GmbH Antivirus On-Access Service x ABED C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe Microsoft Corporation GrooveMonitor Utility x C Windows System wininit exe Microsoft Corporation Windows Start-Up Application x C C Windows System csrss exe Microsoft Corporation Client Server Runtime Process x C Windows System services exe Microsoft Corporation Services and Controller app x B C Windows System lsass exe Microsoft Corporation Local Security Authority Process x A C Windows System lsm exe Microsoft Corporation Local Session Manager Service x ACCD C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe IDT Inc IDT PC Audio x E C Windows System winlogon exe Microsoft Corporation Windows Logon Application x C Windows System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation Host Process for Windows Services x E C Windows System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation Host Process for Windows Services x ABD C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe Intel Corporation Event Monitor User Notification Tool x C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD AMD External Events Service Module x D C Windows System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation Host Process for Windows Services x D C Windows System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation Host Process for Windows Services x ACB C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Sun Microsystems Inc Java Update Scheduler x E C Windows System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation Host Process for Windows Services x D C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf x neutral e d b d a d c stacsv exe IDT Inc IDT PC Audio x C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation Internet Explorer x D D C Windows System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation Host Pr... Read more

A:webpages keep being redirected and random webpages pop up

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349869/webpages-keep-being-redirected-and-random-webpages-pop-up/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello and to the Malware Removal forum My online alias is Blade Zephon or Blade for short and I will be assisting you with your malware issues In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine Before we begin cleaning your machine I'd like to lay out some guidelines for us to follow while we are working together I will be assisting you with your malware issues This may or may not resolve other problems you are having with your computer If you are still having problems after your machine has been determined clean I to Webpages Webpages Redirected Infected will be glad to direct you to the proper forum for assistance Even if things appear better that does not mean we are finished Please continue to follow my instructions until I give you the all clean Absence of symptoms does not mean that all the malware has been removed Redirected Webpages to Infected Webpages If a piece of the infection is left it can regenerate and Redirected Webpages to Infected Webpages reinfect your machine Attention Redirected Webpages to Infected Webpages to detail is important Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to be my eyes and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer I ask that you please refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time If you act independently it will cause changes to your system that I will not be aware of which will make the process of cleaning the machine a much slower and more difficult process Additionally some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process Please perform all steps in the order received If you are unsure or confused about any instructions I give you you should ask me to clarify before doing anything Additionally if you run into any problems while carrying out instructions you should STOP and reply back here explaining what happened After days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed If you need additional time that is perfectly alright you just need to let us know beforehand Please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine Download Combofix from any of the links below but rename it to renamed exe before saving it to your desktop Link Link IMPORTANT Save ComboFix exe to your DesktopVERY IMPORTANT Disable all running antivirus antimalware and firewall programs as they may interfere with the proper running of ComboFix Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled NOTE This list is not all-inclusive If yours is not listed and you do not know how to disable it please ask Double click on renamed exe amp follow the prompts When finished it will produce a log for you Please include the C ComboFix txt in your next replyA word of warning Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix on your own This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper BladeIn your next reply please include the following ComboFix Log b

A:Redirected Webpages to Infected Webpages

QUOTE(Blade Zephon @ Apr 9 2010, 12:08 AM) Hello, and to the Malware Removal forum! My online alias is Blade Zephon, or Blade for short, and I will be assisting you with your malware issues!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Before we begin cleaning your machine, I'd like to lay out some guidelines for us to follow while we are working together.I will be assisting you with your malware issues. This may or may not resolve other problems you are having with your computer. If you are still having problems after your machine has been determined clean, I will be glad to direct you to the proper forum for assistance.Even if things appear better, that does not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions until I give you the all clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that all the malware has been removed. If a piece of the infection is left, it can regenerate and reinfect your machine. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.I ask that you please refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. If you act independently it will cause changes to your system that I will not be aware of, which will make the process of cleaning the machine a much slower and more difficult process. Additionally, some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received. If you are unsure or confused about any instructions I give you, you should ask me to clarify before doing anything. Additionally, if you run into any problems while carrying out instructions, you should STOP and reply back here explaining what happened.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed. If you need additional time, that is perfectly alright; you just need to let us know beforehand. ***************************************************Please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Download Combofix from any of the links below but rename it to renamed.exe before saving it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopVERY IMPORTANT: Disable all running antivirus, antimalware and firewall programs as they may interfere with the proper running of ComboFix. Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. NOTE: This list is not all-inclusive. If yours is not listed and you do not know how to disable it, please ask.Double click on renamed.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next replyA word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix on your own.This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper ~BladeIn your next reply, please include the following:ComboFix LogI'm having trouble turning off Norton.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308260/redirected-webpages-to-infected-webpages/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have been battling an issue where i keep on getting forwarded to webpages that I don t mean to go to and are related to the webpage i was just on Other times sound starts playing that sounds like a commercial Keep on forwarded in playing webpages webpages to sounds. getting and that have have dont random sounds in webpages that shouldnt have anything playing on them I ran MSE Super Antispyware Spybot and Malware Bytes all in Keep on getting forwarded to random webpages and have sounds playing in webpages that dont have sounds. Safe Mode with no success Thank Keep on getting forwarded to random webpages and have sounds playing in webpages that dont have sounds. you for any help I use Google Chrome and Win DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Baron Richie at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated B BF E- BB- - AB-A A C A C SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated A EAA- - E -AA B- E E EC SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Firewall Enabled E B E-D B - F - E- B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm vsmon exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Users Baron Richie AppData Local Microsoft SkyDrive SkyDrive exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Garmin Lifetime Updater GarminLifetime exe C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe C Program Files x Common Files Steam SteamService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapi... Read more

A:Keep on getting forwarded to random webpages and have sounds playing in webpages that dont have sounds.

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476763/keep-on-getting-forwarded-to-random-webpages-and-have-sounds-playing-in-webpages-that-dont-have-sounds/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello.  Recently I was downloading some software
from a survey and learned that a lot of that stuff contains
viruses.  Well I went to uninstall it, and when I did
I can no longer use the internet, and it gives me a proxy error.
When I go to change the proxy settings it has it saved to "<-loopback>" and
the address is "http=127.0.0.1:59943;https=127.0.0.1:59943"
Whenever I try to change it, it doesn't save.  And it is
I'm typing this from my girlfriend's unaffected computer.
I try running Maleware Bytes, but it doesn't run, and I can't seem to get into safe
mode on this computer for some reason.  
I'm running Windows 8.1, and oddly enough I see no suspicious background processes.  
That's my problem, if someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. 

A:Proxy virus. Won't let me change or auto-detect proxy settings

Please do the following.  Please download and run RKill RKill is an easy to use tool that kills known processes and removes Windows Registry entries that stop a user from using their normal security applications.  These settings will remain until the computer is rebooted, for this reason you must run the security application before the computer is rebooted.   Please download RKill and install it. When RKill is run it will display a console screen similar to the one below:  When RKill has finished running a log will be displayed showing all of the processes that were terminated by RKill. Attention:  At this time you need to run the software posted below. While RKill is running you may see a message from the malware stating that the program could not be run because it is a virus or is infected.  This is the malware trying to protect itself.  Two methods that you can try to get past this and allow RKill to run are: 1)  Rename Rkill so that it has a .com extension. 2)  Download a version that is already renamed as files that are commonly white-listed by malware. The main Rkill download page contains individual links to renamed versions.   After all of the scans have run successfully you should reboot the computer to restore the processes and Windows Registry entries.   Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically. 1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation. 2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan. If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan  You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.   3)  The scan will automatically run now.   4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions   5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes   6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log. To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.  To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.  Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop. 1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.  2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system. If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.  3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.  4.  If threats are detected select Skip or Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed. ***Do NOT select Delete! Click on Continue.  5.  Click on Reboot computer. Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.  Please run the ESET OnlineScanThis scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to have the time to allow this to run till it is completed.***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***Click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551844/proxy-virus-wont-let-me-change-or-auto-detect-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have been struggling with a malware changing my proxy settings to http wpad com gr proxy pac This affects my system proxy settings in PC Settings - Networ - Proxy - Use Automatic Configuration Script ON - Acript Address Please changing Malware http://wpad.com.gr/proxy.pac my proxy help settings to http Malware changing my proxy settings to http://wpad.com.gr/proxy.pac Please help wpad com gr proxy pac I have used TDSKill and it deleted a file router exe from my windows folder And Adware Cleaner removed some registry entries alongside some folder in Chrome that has something like AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Malware changing my proxy settings to http://wpad.com.gr/proxy.pac Please help Local Storage https static olark com Then after resetting my settings and manually turning off Automatic Configuration Script in PC Settings everything was fine and my google searches were back to A day later it changed I scanned with Adware cleaner and it found same stuffs I cleaned And it s back again Please help me Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Xtian administrator on ASUS on - - Running from C Users Xtian Desktop Loaded Profiles Xtian Available profiles Xtian amp Baux amp Administrator Platform Windows X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Egis Technology Inc C Program Files x Common Files EgisTec Services EgisTicketService exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey AsLdrSrv exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ASUS InstantOn InsOnSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Nitro PDF Software C Program Files x Nitro Pro NitroPDFDriverService x exe Nalpeiron Ltd C Windows SysWOW NLSSRV EXE ReviverSoft C Program Files ReviverSoft Start Menu Reviver StartMenuReviverService exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe VIA Technologies Inc C Windows System ViakaraokeSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Connectify C Program Files x Connectify ConnectifyService exe Connectify C Program Files x Connectify Connectifyd exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ASUS InstantOn InsOnWMI exe ReviverSoft C Program Files ReviverSoft Start Menu Reviver StartMenuReviver exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe ASUS C Program Files ASUS P G BatteryLife exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS USBChargerPlus USBChargerPlus exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update LiveUpdate exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe VIA C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe VIA C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck viaaud exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture QuickGesture x QuickGesture exe AsusTek C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture AsTPCenter x AsusTPLoader exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture QuickGesture x Qui... Read more

A:Malware changing my proxy settings to http://wpad.com.gr/proxy.pac Please help

Hi. My name is Brian, and I would be happy to look into your issue.

- General Instructions -
Please read all instructions and fixes thoroughly. Read the ENTIRE post BEFORE performing any steps so you understand all that needs to be done.
I would advise printing any instructions for easy reference as some of the fixes may require you to boot in Safe mode. Access to these instructions may not be available in Safe Mode.
Any fixes provided by myself are for this log file only and should not be used on any other systems.
Do not run any other removal software or perform updates other than the ones I provide, as it will complicate the cleaning process.
It's very likely that part of our cleanup will include emptying your recycle bin. If you use your recycle bin as an archive and do not wish this to be emptied, please let me know.
You have 4 days to reply to each post or the topic will be closed.
Please feel free to ask any questions, especially if you are having problems with my instructions.
- Save ALL Tools to your Desktop-

All tools that I have you download should be placed on the desktop unless otherwise stated. If you are familiar with how to save files to the desktop then you can skip this step.

Since you are continuing with this step then I assume you are unfamiliar with saving files to your desktop. As a result it's easiest if you configure your browser(s) to download any tools to the desktop by default. Please use the appropriate instructions below depending on the browser you are using.Google Chrome - Click the "Customize and control Google Chrome" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Settings. at the bottom of the screen click the
"Show advanced settings..." link. Scroll down to find the Downloads section and click the Change... button. Select your desktop and click OK.Mozilla Firefox - Click the "Open Menu" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. Choose Options. In the downloads section, click the Browse button, click on the Desktop folder
and the click the "Select Folder" button. Click OK to get out of the Options menu.Internet Explorer - Click the Tools menu in the upper right-corner of the browser. Select View downloads. Select the Options link in the lower left of the window. Click Browse and
select the Desktop and then choose the Select Folder button. Click OK to get out of the download options screen and then click Close to get out of the View Downloads screen.NOTE: IE8 Does not support changing download locations in this manner. You will need to download the tool(s) to the default folder, usually Downloads, then copy them to the desktop.

- Finally Before We Start-

Removing malware is a complicated multiple step process, Please stay with me until I have declared your system clean. I strongly recommend you backup your personal files and folders. Although rare, attempting to remove malware can render your machine unbootable or cause data loss. Having backups of your data is your responsibility. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.

OK, let's get started. Please do the following.

Step#1 - Warnings
CCleaner
I see that you have CCleaner installed. This is indeed a good product but I wanted to caution you on running the registry cleaning functionality of the tool. Please avoid this as it can do more harm than good.

The Dangers of P2P Programs
IMPORTANT: I noticed that you have a P2P (Peer to Peer) file sharing program on your computer. I cannot stress highly enough the danger in using these types of programs. P2P programs are one of the major avenues of infection these days. The files downloaded with these programs are more than likely infected with trojans, malware, rootkits, etc.
You run the risk of getting an infection that can compromise your sensitive data, such as financial records, personal information, etc. That is just the infecti... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568394/malware-changing-my-proxy-settings-to-httpwpadcomgrproxypac-please-help/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello as the title indicates my problem is that something on my computer is continuing to set my LAN Settings to use the proxy PAC detailed My internet explorer is completely not working cannot access any web pages My league of legends client which goes through remove AutoConfig http://127.0.0.1:8080/proxy.pac Unable Proxy: to IE I believe is also not working All other internet Unable to remove AutoConfig Proxy: http://127.0.0.1:8080/proxy.pac applications are working fine Any help removing this would be greatly appreciated Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by CortseaM administrator on ANGUS-PC - - Running from C Users CortseaM Desktop Loaded Profiles CortseaM Available Profiles CortseaM Platform Windows Pro X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www Unable to remove AutoConfig Proxy: http://127.0.0.1:8080/proxy.pac geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Unable to remove AutoConfig Proxy: http://127.0.0.1:8080/proxy.pac Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System InputMethod JPN JpnIME exe IvoSoft C Program Files Classic Shell ClassicStartMenu exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Logitech Inc C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe Flux Software LLC C Users CortseaM AppData Local FluxSoftware Flux flux exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System StikyNot exe Google C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe Google C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System GWX GWX exe Sony C Program Files x Sony Sony PC Companion PCCompanion exe C Program Files x Sony Sony PC Companion PCCompanionInfo exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe Dropbox Inc C Users CortseaM AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C GIGABYTE FORCE GIGABYTE FORCE exe Logitech Inc C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software CameraHelperShell exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SkyDrive exe Blizzard Entertainment C ProgramData Battle net Agent Agent Agent exe Blizzard Entertainment C Program Files x Battle net Battle net Battle net exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Pro... Read more

A:Unable to remove AutoConfig Proxy: http://127.0.0.1:8080/proxy.pac

UPDATE: After booting into safe mode, the proxy.pac file has dissapeared and full functionality has returned. I do not know what I did to cause this. I am hoping I did not just bandaid the problem, but I felt that you all should know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599250/unable-to-remove-autoconfig-proxy-http1270018080proxypac/
Relevancy 42.14%

help when i ccc dont dont theme; work; desktop classic & work; usual; etc. slower than programs logged on to my windows account vista reverted to classic theme i cant access my documents My computer the control panel i cant go on windows explorer or access any files whatsoever there classic theme; programs dont work; ccc & desktop dont work; slower than usual; etc. was an error message that said 'catalyst control center host application has stopped working ' also there was an error message that 'C Windows System config systemprofile Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable' or similar google chrome doesnt work google chrome cannot read or write in its data directory opera doesnt work quot Startup Error Opera has failed to access or upgrade your profile This may have occurred because your computer has insufficient resources available or because some files are locked by other applications You may have to restart your computer before Opera will start again quot the same thing happens with many other programs i cant seem to do anything that requires admin privileges i am on an admin account but not the root admin for example when i click show processes for all users in the task manager it doesnt do anything the computer is about slower than usual logging on took a long time start menu freezes up a bit search doesn't work to me it seems like a number of files and folders where moved or deleted like in program files or something could this be a virus or just a buggy or incompatible software I just installed Miro please help thanks

A:classic theme; programs dont work; ccc & desktop dont work; slower than usual; etc.

Can you boot your computer in safe mode and access your documents, computer, and control panel?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279425-classic-theme-programs-dont-work-ccc-desktop-dont-work-slower-than-usual-etc.html
Relevancy 42.14%

eb_win10proxy-1.png   37.74KB
  0 downloads

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Premium) didn't find anything.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Emsisoft Emergency Kit seemed to have found something very relevant. I deleted the file and restarted but it keeps appearing in 'Automatic proxy setup' :/

eb_win10proxy-2.png   17.41KB
  0 downloads

A:http://ɴ.net/proxy.pac appearing in Windows 10 Proxy settings

Hello kingmustard and Welcome to the BleepingComputer.
My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
Please complete all steps in the specified order.
Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here
Thanks

Do you use any VPN software?=
============================
Please do the following:

İnternet explorer:
Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11 (Win) - Clearing Cache and Cookieshttps://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141Next >>How to reset Internet Explorer settingshttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

================================================================
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Make sure the following option is checked:
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Sincerely  .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613357/http%c9%b4netproxypac-appearing-in-windows-10-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 42.14%

On one of my win 10 machines i have the error "Some settings are managed by your system administrator"
when i open internet setting in ie, on other computers its fine.

Then I noticed in win 10 settings manual proxy setup was enabled, http\s at 8080 with server loopback.

I turned it off, but it keeps enabling,

any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63959-lan-proxy-problem-manual-proxy-gets-enabled-all-time.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I found this topic (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600543/strange-entry-in-lan-proxy-settings-that-i-cannot-delete) that dealt with the same issue that I had but it has since then been closed, so I cannot reply. My problem is identical, my LAN settings keep being changed to include "http://ɴ.net/proxy.pac". But I don't seem to have installed the same programs as the other user, so my infection must have come from something else. I have downloaded Malewarebytes, ADWClaner but it's still there. So I have Farbar Recovery Scan and RogueKiller ready to go. I'm ready to provide any information and files that are needed to help me get this thing off my computer!

A:LAN proxy settings keep changing (http://ɴ.net/proxy.pac)

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Finally, please reply using the Post button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.Please copy and paste log back here.The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605558/lan-proxy-settings-keep-changing-http%c9%b4netproxypac/
Relevancy 40.85%

Well i lost my phone on and didn t contact the police untill This was help, I need simply beacause of several reasons i won t go into but when i did make a claim they denied to give me a new one I pay pounds monthly and i haven t hade my phone for months now I am very angry as my contact doesn t end untill a I need help, simply year from now I am deeply shocked and think this is unacceptable as i need to contact my family at all times and need my phone for work I did call my network provider to put a bar on the phone the same day Well I need help, simply i know it was a mistake i did but that can t be it I should be given my phone at all costs as i pay for insurance montly and on top of that pay for it Please can someone tell me what i should do next and if this case will be solved or i have to wait untill the contract has ended without a phone I really need your help Thank you in adnvane and sorry for any inconvinecce caused Many Regards Jonis nbsp

A:I need help, simply

You already have a thread started for help with this question- our Rules tell you it is one thread only per issue. I am going to close this thread. Also> I think there is a better place for you thread about the phone issue so I am going to Move the thread to it.

It's here now>>>> http://forums.techguy.org/phones-handheld-devices/910109-i-lost-my-phone-help.html

Stick with that thread for any posts about your lost phone please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-simply.910113/
Relevancy 40.85%

What great information I m so glad I found this forum I have an HP G laptop When I press the on button the LED light comes on the DVD light flickers the fan spins like a top but nothing shows on the screen It s inconsistent Sometimes I can press the button once and everything comes up normally and works just fine Other times I have to turn it me simply this help, Pls beyond is off and on times Sometimes I just give up I did a complete restore with restore disc No change I did the BIOS reset no change Pls help, this is simply beyond me The funny thing is that those times it eventually comes up Pls help, this is simply beyond me after booting up completely and I start to think all is good I suddenly get a blue screen that either says something about IRQL NOT EQUAL or something about win k sys I dont remember the exact sentence However if I succeed in booting up into safe mode everything works just fine with no BSOD at all I ve even re installed the OS but still no change This is simply beyond me and any advice will be profundly appreciated I run a vista home premium OS Processor is AMD Athlon and ram is gig nbsp

A:Pls help, this is simply beyond me

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/957325-pls-help-simply-beyond-me.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pls-help-this-is-simply-beyond-me.957324/
Relevancy 40.85%

What great information I m so glad I found this forum I have an HP G laptop When I is this me help, simply beyond Pls press the on button the LED light comes on the DVD light flickers the fan spins Pls help, this is simply beyond me like a top but nothing shows on the screen It s inconsistent Sometimes I can press the button once and everything comes up normally and works just fine Other times I have to turn it off and on times Sometimes I just give up I did a complete restore with restore disc No change I did the BIOS reset no change The funny thing is that those times it eventually comes up after booting up completely and I start to think all is good I suddenly get a blue screen that either says something about IRQL NOT EQUAL or something about win k sys I dont remember the exact sentence However if I succeed in booting up into safe mode everything works just fine with no BSOD at all I ve even re installed the OS but still no change This is simply beyond me and any advice will be profundly appreciated I run a vista home premium OS Processor is AMD Athlon and ram is gig nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I have windows xp home edition on both of my computers, and they do have a remote desktop program, but ive found out that windows xp pro actually has a better version of it that will actually work. I cant get the windows xp home version of it to work. Is there anyone that knows of a free remote desktop program, or if someone would be able to send the windows xp pro version of the remote desktop program.

A:Free Remote Desktop Program, or how to get windows remote desktop to work

XP Home has "Remote Assistance", while XP Pro has both "Remote Desktop", as well as "Remote assistance". You can download from Microsoft, a Remote Desktop "add on" which will enable your computer to become the "client" but not the "server".

can you provide some details about what you've done to get "remote assistance " up and running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/free-remote-desktop-program-or-how-to-get-windows-remote-desktop-to-work-39093.html
Relevancy 40.42%

somehow my pc got infected i think... this is going to sound odd but here goes. yesterday i was chatting via web interface on meebo with a friend he said he thought he had a virus(he was chatting via his blackberry at the time. ? this was at the same time that google had their "thing" reporting all websites as malware story here i didnt associate the two but i dont really know what to make of it. since then i have lost all my network icons,if i try and open my network connections i get an error message saying my network config file is corrupted. i can't run some exe's and there are a host of other permissions related problems that crop up now....help!

A:simply need a log looked at

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199905/simply-need-a-log-looked-at/
Relevancy 40.42%

Every time I try and do something open browser, email, etc.
A box pops up saying " Do you want to allow software such as Active X controls and plug ins to run" I know it is just a setting some where but I can't find it.
So asking for some help in locating this setting so I can stop the box from popping up all the time.
Oh running Vista home premium X64.
Thanks.

Any ideas please, this is driving me nuts.

A:Simply problem but need some help.

Hello tossedmycookies, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Have you adjusted your IE7 security settings?

1. In IE7, click on Tools and Internet Options
2. Click on the Security tab
3. If the Internet option does not have the Default level button grayed out, then click on it.
4. If the Default level button is grayed out, then click on the Custom level button.
A) Scroll down to Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins and dot Enable.
B) Click OK.5. Click OK.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/172135-simply-problem-but-need-some-help.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have Simply Accounting 9.0a with a win2000 operating sytem. I can not print any forms. The only way I can print anything to print is to say print on a 8.5" x 11" then it prints the data only not the invoice form itself. The error message I get when I am trying to print an invoice is "unable to load report", when I look at the details it says "invalid report version". Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thanx

A:simply accounting

Hiya

Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the software? Also, you say its 9a, but at the site, it only mentions 8.5.

Did you not get this from here:

http://www.simplyaccounting.com/us/products/

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simply-accounting.76376/
Relevancy 40.42%

I no longer have the original iso file I downloaded that I created my CD iso from. It would take me a long time to DL the iso file again.

Thanks

A:Can you simply Copy an iso CD to another CD?

Short answer  - yes.

You can do it either of two ways - direct copy from one disc to another if you have two CD/DVD drives, or copy the ISO file onto your hard drive and then burn it to another disc.

If you want to convert the ISO file to a computer usable format then you will need to copy it to your hard drive and use software like ImageBurn to convert it to usable files.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547287/can-you-simply-copy-an-iso-cd-to-another-cd/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a digital audio workstation with a gazillion apps on it When I went from XP to it took me months to straighten things out I opted not to go to for various reasons but now realize I should have gone for that deal I am guessing that Microsoft might have a similar deal for next year and would like to be prepared for that Supposedly I could uprade from -Home Premium to and keep all of my apps and settings then go from to However simply to 8.1 or 8 10 windows to 10 7 7 to ... to this same logical upgrade process was not made windows 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 ... or simply 7 to 10 part of the to Why No idea So now I am thinking that someone at Microsoft had an epiphany that some folks me might have a couple hundred apps on their machine and the upgrade path from to has been made as smooth as the path from to to So should I try and be prepared for the potentially upcoming promo sale of by moving myself to or just wait and see

A:windows 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 ... or simply 7 to 10

I would wait and go from 7 to 10. Too many issues with 8 and and 8.1. If you were upgrading to 8, you would go from 7 directly to 8.1

When you do get ready, make sure you create a complete disk image with something like Macrium Free to an external drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557405/windows-7-to-8-to-81-to-10-or-simply-7-to-10/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone. I've had a recurring problem ever since I built my PC, which is currently running Windows XP (Home Edition, 32-bit, SP2). Every once in a while, I'll install a program that I can run maybe once or twice, but then whenever I try to run the program again, nothing happens. There is simply no response; the computer acts as if I'd never clicked the icon at all. I've tried un-installing and re-installing each of these programs (currently there are about three that I can think of), but this never solves the problem. I'm currently involved in back-and-forth email support with the developers of one such program, an MMORPG I play (or would like to), but until then, I thought I might branch out and seek aid from other people who might've experienced similar problems. Thanks a lot, hope to hear from you all soon.

A:Programs Simply Won't Run

Try on using hijackthis and post here the report ???
Code:
http://www.merijn.org/files/HiJackThis_v2.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-simply-wont-run.636471/
Relevancy 40.42%

My kid went to do turbo tax and tried to update IE, next thing I know, I can't do anything. My comcast homepage is goofy looking. On line banking pay bills freezes up...then the real probelms. I can't do system restore, I can't get my updates.
I can't defragment or anything related to system tools? I don;t know what he did.  My system retore is turned on so not sure why it'll not let me go back.
Computer is running real slow and I can't get to half  the things I want to to try and find help.
Right now I'm in safe mode just so I can get here to type this to see if anyon can help me...I can move around a bit but not oo computer savy..if  you're up for hte challenge, here I am.
Patti

A:Simply put, I don't know what is wrong

What is your operating system?  What anti-virus, malware programs have you run?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492466/simply-put-i-dont-know-what-is-wrong/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have been attempting to use a PC with Windows XP Pro at first SP1 then SP2 then SP3 now SP1 because it's reinstalled.

All I am requiring the computer to do is, sit there and record some radio stuff.

Also, I require it to share recorded files over Network Places.

Also remote in via VNC or LogMeIn.

It appears to do this well, but once in a while, XP randomly breaks like now Windows Explorer is crashed when you just go to My Computer.

It appears I have to run sfc /scannow because it's saying it needs some files from the CD-ROM.

This is basically a fresh install and nothing has newly been installed, so how can Explorer and other stuff just break manually?

This has happened like 3-4 times on this PC, sometimes I just did an XP Repair, but other times I did a reinstall.

A:XP Pro simply corrupts itself?

Download memtest http://www.memtest.org/download/4.10/memtest86+-4.10.iso.zip, unzip, and burn the iso file as an image, reboot and boot from cd and allow to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-simply-corrupts-itself.961492/
Relevancy 40.42%

Brink; started up computer today with a raid array error. Defrag showed 14% fragmented but unable to repair. SFC says found corrupt files but unable to repair some of them. I can't open CBS.log it says access denied.

I ran Alienware Autoposy and it says my two hard drives are fine. Can you or someone tell me do I have bad hard drives or is this another corruption problem with Windows 8.1. I had this with Nvidia Geforce Experience and a corrupt user account. I reinstalled Windows 8.1 two weeks ago and it is painful. If it is 8.1 doing this I am not reinstalling it again. I will go with Windows 7. I simply don't get all these problems with 8.1 and I'm tired of it.

A:I simply don't get all these problems

Hello specialkone,

Are you having any issues now?

As far as SFC goes, you can use the steps in OPTION THREE to create a sfcdetails.txt file to see the results of your SFC scan. Please go ahead and upload that here, and I'll be happy to take a look at it.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35957-i-simply-dont-get-all-these-problems.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I hope you re all well and I really hope you can help me Malware help... that rid Please simply cannot get I of! So I m having problem with some malware on my PC that I simply cannot defeat It s driving me crazy I think I got infected yesterday maybe earlier but the problems began yesterday and spent most of the day yesterday and the Malware that I simply cannot get rid of! Please help... whole of today trying to find this malware more of this later Basically I know something is lurking on my C drive or possibly my F drive - external hard drive Symptoms include the following yesterday my browser was quot out of date quot apparently I was prompted to install something or other I ignored the prompt and closed down the prompt via Task Manager A short while later a new tab suddenly pops up in Firefox note of the time I use Firefox - this new Firefox tab directs me to a healthcare website This keeps on happening although the site may not necessarily be a healthcare website each time I m not sure whether this malware has been designed by my girlfriend as I think it Malware that I simply cannot get rid of! Please help... s trying to direct me to a website to buy Viagra Maybe she s trying to tell me something I m joking of course - in an attempt to find the lighter side of this problem which is driving me crazy Indeed Mysterious new quot tabs quot keep on appearing in Firefox Now I keep on getting the following quot pop-up prompt quot Just-in-time debugger Within this pop-up prompt I am given an option which says something like quot new instance of Microsoft script editor quot Again I ignore this prompt and try and close it down it repeatedly appears when I close it down I m sorry - I didn t take a screen-grab I will do this next time it appears Now as I mentioned I ve been trying all day yesterday and all day today trying to find this virus After full days I think I m defeated Here s what I ve done so far I have all the latest definitions for Panda Cloud Free - my anti-virus Spybot Super Anti-Spyware and Malwarebytes I have scanned with all in normal mode and with Super Anti-Spyware and Spybot in Safemode My Panda Cloud anti-virus has been deleting a few viruses over the past days viruses to be precise Here s what it detected and deleted Sinowal gen twice I have the report saved but I can t find how to post an image here I then searched with Super Anti-Spyware in normal mode It found nothing So I scanned in Safe Mode and it found trojans - which I duly deleted Here s what Super Anti-Spyware found and deleted Trojan Agent Gen-Nullo QE C DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS ADMINISTRATOR LOCAL SETTINGS TEMP PDFUPD EXEC SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION RESTORE BBC B - - B - B -ABCFFD C D RP A EXEI then scanned again with Super Anti-Spyware in Safe Mode - it found nothing However the mysterious new tabs and debug prompt as mentioned above continued So I scanned with Malwarebytes in Normal Mode It found another Trojan Hurray Here s the log Files Infected C System Volume Information restore BBC B - - B - B -ABCFFD C D RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully I just restarted my PC and Drum-roll The problems as mentioned above persist Almost immediately Now I was going to reinstall Firefox and all my Anti malware software but on the advice of my friend decided to post here first I haven t ran HijackThis or anything either yet as I don t really understand the report HijackThis produces I also had a quick look in msconfig for Start-up programs etc I unticked the quot tfswctrl quot as this looks a bit dodgy it s located in WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe I haven t restarted since I deselected it as I ve literally just come onto this forum to seek help I have a screenshot but I don t quite now how to upload this image to my post I m not sure how I got infected I think it may be background pictures which I downloaded I downloaded I haven t yet deleted these files as I decided to await further instruction from this forum But s... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313092/malware-that-i-simply-cannot-get-rid-of-please-help/
Relevancy 40.42%

I don't really know how to go about solving anything regarding this. I posted a thread here about 3 - 4 months ago but upon acquiring more up to date anti-virus software everything was going okay seemingly. Now simply scrolling through my browser is utterly excruciating, as everything is incredibly choppy. I've been performing virus scans as well at least weekly for at least about a month, and nothing's gotten detected. I wish I could give more details but I'm really not that computer savvy (hence me posting here). My PC is an Emachines W3507 though, I assume that's pretty crucial information (and information I can provide at that). I'll obviously cooperate if anyone needs to know more, (assuming maybe I can provide that) but please, some help here would be great, thanks.

A:So My PC is Simply Corrupted...

Right click your taskbar and choose task manager. How much memory is in use? What's CPU usage? And how much memory do you have (right click my computer, and choose properties - it's listed in there)
If CPU or memory usage are really high, look in task manager in the processes column. Any program make an inordinate usage of memory or cpu usage?
Also do you see a lot of disk activity? (as indicated by the HD LED)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/so-my-pc-is-simply-corrupted-288012.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I really hope somebody here can help me... I'm at my wits end!

I was running my computer fine when I went off to college. I left this one at home, and my parents used it. When I came back, they said it had "stopped working". I think the problem is either the CPU, the MB, or the Power Supply, I just don't know how to tell. When you turn it on, the keyboard lights only blink once (when running correctly they blink thrice) and I think these mean something, i just can't find out what they mean. nothing appears on the screen. the MB is an intel d845hv. It may also be the memory, i just don't know. Thanks for all your help, and let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

The Musicmkr

A:Simply won't boot...

Without further details, all I can advise is to check every cable and connection, see if there are any marks of physical damage on the mainboard, clear CMOS as detailed in your motherboard's manual, then try to turn it on again and post the results here.
Should it still not work, go to a friend or a helpful shop/service and try another stick of memory, another video card, CPU, PSU...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/simply-wont-boot.40920/
Relevancy 40.42%

Every time I try to log into messenger, I get this...

Error code: 80072ef1

I'll spare the long and boring message that comes before it.

It doesn't matter whether or not I'm signed into MSN or Windows Live Mail, it gives me the same damned crap. I just downloaded it, so its not out of date, and I've configured my firewall to allow everything for it. It said there was a problem with key ports when I used the troubleshooting feature, so if I'm going to be messing around with that I'd like some guidance.

Any ideas?

A:To put it simply, BleepinWindowsLive!

Hi. Welcome to BleepingComputer.Afraid I have no idea what your problem is, but there are a couple of suggestions here -?http://forum.msgbleep.com/index.php?showtopic=5741Let us know how you go.Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278391/to-put-it-simply-bleepinwindowslive/
Relevancy 39.99%

I had to uninstall Simply Transparent because I kept getting the error message "not a valid win32 program" now when I run setup, it says "a device attached to the system is not functioning"

What can I do to fix this?

A:(Resolved) Simply Transparent.

Hiya

Is this error message occuring when running the setup.exe for Simply Transparent?

Open up Windows explorer, and navigate to the Simply Transparent folder in Program Files.

Is there anything left inside?

If this isn't the program you're trying to install, which is it?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-simply-transparent.182518/
Relevancy 39.99%

I v ran all ups, Please many I'm at ups, simply loss, Solved: a Help pos Pop the usually stuff Ad-ware Spybot Pest Patrol I simply can t get rid of it Please Help Below is the Hi Jack report Logfile Solved: I'm simply at a loss, Pop ups, many pos ups, Please Help of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor InfoMyCa exe C Program Files Microtek ScanWizard ScannerFinder exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GS exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Alexander Rodriguez Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www altex com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run masqform exe C Program Files PureEdge Viewer masqform exe -UpdateCurrentUser O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Creative WebCam Tray C Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run WUSB GS C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor InvokeSvc exe O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe quot -quiet O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup InterVideo WinCinema Manager lnk C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Microtek Scanner Finder lnk C Program Files Microtek ScanWizard ScannerFinder exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program File... Read more

A:Solved: I'm simply at a loss, Pop ups, many pos ups, Please Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-im-simply-at-a-loss-pop-ups-many-pos-ups-please-help.470920/
Relevancy 39.99%

I even would rather just format my entire drive right now but I can't do anything at the C prompt.

Gives me a weird error that says can't unlock because volume is in operation???

Really if you just give me the steps to format my C drive to start all over again that is all I would want.

A:SIMPLY - How do I uninstall W2000 Pro

This is what it actually does when I try to format =

i cant format my c drive, when i go to cmd and type in format c: it says volume still in use and i cant format.i tried closing alot of stuff but it still said it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simply-how-do-i-uninstall-w2000-pro.110201/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there I can open Simply accounting and work on an existing company file and I can open the payables receivables enter the amounts post and print cheques But when I want to see shutting keeps Accounting Simply down a report like a financial statement or recurring transactions I get this message An unknow error has occurred to protect your company data simply accounting will now shut-down Any unsaved data will be lost And then it asks me if I want to backup my data before it shuts down I have tried changing all the defaults and I tried reinstalling the program This does not work I am using Simply Accounting Pro with the D update Here is info on my computer system OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI RADEON XPRESS Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Asterope Antivirus Simply Accounting keeps shutting down AVG nbsp

A:Simply Accounting keeps shutting down

I am having the exact same problem!!!
Have you had luck getting this resolved??

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simply-accounting-keeps-shutting-down.990644/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,
I am wondering... my online bank account gives me the option of downloading the bank statement in Simply... where does it go? How do you open it?
Anyone done this?
Thanks,
Debby

A:Simply Accounting 2004

I would guess it will ask you for a location you want to save it to, tell it to save it to your desktop so you can find it easy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simply-accounting-2004.256535/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,
I'm having a problem with the HELP program popping up, when I use the toolbars at the top...
Such as, going to Reports, down to Financial, going for trial balance... up pops the help... can't access what I want, for the help stuff! grrr....
Anybody know why?
I also can not access preferences... same thing.
Thanks,
Debby

A:Simply Accounting 2004

We had the same problem at work until we did the payroll update. Have you tried giving support a call.
1-888-522-2722

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simply-accounting-2004.195096/
Relevancy 39.99%

I would simply be trying to start a program, and it will just not load at all. I would check in task manager, and most programs that stall while loading would just appear with only 500K-1500K bytes of private memory. Interestingly, when this happens, task manager will load correctly, but trying to press "load processes for all users" will cause task manager to just wait forever. It will ignore all clicks on it, and will just give dings whenever I click on it. This problem does not remedy itself until i force restart the computer.

I tried running Speccy, but it would take about a half-hour for every category, and completely stopped at the graphics and storage categories. I ran it again in safe mode.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/IakxRSvD0r1ELi2Eaf5lVkP

A:Programs simply don't load?

Do any of your applications run?

Is your antivirus active?

Was there an event when this started happening?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616023/programs-simply-dont-load/
Relevancy 39.99%

I would like to be able to the following but I am not sure if the software will allow me to do so? If not what options do I have with the software?

I would like to sync. my roving laptop with my home office pc. Simply does allow a limited sync. function with a handheld pc.

Operating system: Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simply-accounting-2005-pro.346172/
Relevancy 39.99%

My steam just wont start under any circumstances. I have tried literally EVERYTHING short of reformatting my comp.(which I'm trying to avoid). I have heard that virus scanners etc interfere, so I proceeded in uninstalling all of them, and still nothing. In fact now I can't get Mcfee back onto my comp. I have tried, reinstalling steam 7+ times and nothing. When I open task manager then click steam, steam.exe is their for 2 seconds top, then disappears. I went to steam support and they gave me some futile troublshooting tips, then I never heard from them again after that.

You guys have any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Refund

A:Steam simply will not start

The same thing seems to be happening to me with Gmod, a steam app.
Know what ya mean about steam support, it is useless

Sorry no ideas short of re-format
I will have a think

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/steam-simply-will-not-start.756313/
Relevancy 39.99%

I was really happy to go to when the offer came out to purchase it at such can 7? so How I go I lost am here to back simply a great price Now I really wish I had not I have no one in my usual group of people who know computer stuff who knows I am so lost here How can I simply go back to 7? a thing about and I am having mountains of problems with it It worked great at first but all of the sudden and for no apparent reason I started getting I am so lost here How can I simply go back to 7? a strange error code if I attempted to install anything In this thread I I am so lost here How can I simply go back to 7? need serious help with PLEASE I researched and found that I needed to activate the Administrator account and install from there which I have done Now so many things do not work and I am not really able to figure out why My Incredimail can not access the network from my admin account for some reason It keeps getting a firewall error I have no idea of how to fix this Also I am in the BETA for Neverwinter Nights I downloaded and installed the game which of course had to be done from the admin account This was automatically placed in the public games folder I do not want to play an online game from my admin account I logged out from there and logged in to my regular account It did not show Neverwinter as being installed there This happened with Skype too I figured I knew where it was saved so I went to the public folder and launched the game It is not able to run from there and crashes It does run from the admin account Why How do I grant my regular account permission to install I have searched the user settings and I have not found a way this account is part of the administrator group Why can it not install I have looked all over to find tutorials or any kind of instructions for fixing all of this but nothing I have found seems to apply Would I be better off just going back to where I knew how to do all of this and could make things work or can any of this be fixed in

A:I am so lost here How can I simply go back to 7?

I'm unsure why you are having these problems here with Windows 8, the same should have more or less been true with Windows 7. It's the fact that things have installed under 1 profile that is causing you grief. Aside from some graphical UI changes, the underpinnings of Windows 8 are pretty much the same as Windows 7.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22572-i-am-so-lost-here-how-can-i-simply-go-back-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am migrating from an xp-32 bit to windows 8.1-64 bit ... I have 2 slave 1 TB hard drives in my old XP machine that are data only: architectural files, graphics and pictures ... can these old drives be "simply" installed onto open SATA connections in the new box and recognized by the 8.1-64 OS ? ... or is this too simple ? ... this was my hope to simplify migration when I set it up ... and before there was 64 bits ... thoughts ?

A:going from xp > 8.1 -can old data only HD be simply instld

if they are only data files , SATA drives and they are recognised by your new PCs hardware then yes , it makes no difference whats on them , the OS will work with them.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38973-going-xp-8-1-can-old-data-only-hd-simply-instld.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Specs Graphics simply 2 hates Bad me. Company Nvidia GT mb CPU Dual Core Ghz RAM GB Windows x I have consulted at least system requirements reports to make sure I wont waste my money before buying Bad Company They all said I pass the minimum requirements but fall short of the recommended That s fine I thought to myself as long as I can turn textures and anti aliasing to medium and have a steady framerate everything can look like poop for all I care So I bought the game installed it started it up and failure The game just won t perform smoothly whatsoever no matter what I do I lower every setting to absolute minimum and just nothing changes in fact there s zero difference of Bad Company 2 simply hates me. performance drop between the lowest and highest video settings which is weird It always performs just below the acceptable I kept cool and decided to download the newest drivers I was barely if at all outdated but there ya go and when I tried again single player to my surprise got fixed up a little bit All but one level worked nice and smooth even in the jungles and the big nice desert place Online however was still horrendously slow and had horrible frames per second So I quit looked up some tips on how to decrease video details even further and overall I ended up putting the game in DirectX mode which also failed to help altogether Since then I tried again after every patch released for the game but to no avail The only time the game runs smooth is while playing single player but even then Vsync seems broken because screen tearing happens even when I have it enabled No other game does this I know my CPU isn t the best thing ever since super sliced bread but come on Is it that bad And why did all the system requirements lie to me It seems quot you can install the game and that s about it quot is the new minimum requirements nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

So my computer is being :( stupid! is simply computer My stupid So my computer froze My computer is simply stupid! :( last night and I waited for it to quot un-freeze quot But it didnt so I shut it down by holding the power button Im running with on a Hp Compac Vista gb ra gb hard drive So i restarted it and it usually asks you to do a disk check I let it continue with the CHKDSK disk check and it keeps freezing not slowing down freezing at So I shut it down by holding the power button again I restarted but canceled the disk check and went right to the log-in page When I logged into my usual user it wont load and whenever I click something it freezes So I shut it down AGAIN and when I restarted I logged into the other user which I dont normaly use If loaded fine so after it was done loading I restarted the computer using the options quot restart quot it came up with the disk check again froze I shut the computer down for the th time I restarted and tried to run it in safe mode and it froze getting into safe mode I dont know what else to do So if you have ANY idea whats going on please help even if its just help with the disk check Please O Oh and oops sorry for mis-spelled title Haha My bad nbsp

A:My computer is simply stupid! :(

Is it a notebook? What are the complete specs / model number of this machine ?

Try booting 'Last Good Known Configuration' if it boots up, use the 'other' account to log in, instead of your normal account. If you know your computer's hard disk model / make go to manufacturer's site and download the diagnostic utility and check your hdd thoroughly for any errors or issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-simply-stupid.150199/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys,

A few days ago, I was about to fall asleep when suddenly my desktop pc turned on by itself. I thought "that's weird" and just turned it back off. Twenty minutes later, it did it again, so I turned it off and this time unplugged the power cord.

The next day, after plugging the power cord back in, my computer would not turn on after pressing the power button. I tried different outlets, different AC cords, I even opened it up to see if maybe the PSU disconnected somehow from the mobo. But no, everything seemed to look fine and snug on the inside.

Do you think it's my power supply? I just recently upgraded it about 6 months ago and I just recently moved apartments so I don't have much money to take it into a shop.

Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

A:Computer simply won't turn on

Be a good idea to post your system specs incl make and model of power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-simply-wont-turn-on.1149242/
Relevancy 39.99%

i am using a basic software for simply accounting. I cannot open the last saved file for my files. I get a message that the file is being used by another user. There is no other user on my computer and i cannot fiqure out how to access the informatioin I need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simply-accounting-software.572584/
Relevancy 39.99%

Help me please. This accounting program is a nightmare. I already downloaded the patch for it, and it works on one computer but not the other.

This is the message I get when I try and start Simply Accounting 9.0, whether I'm trying to open our old data or to start a new company. It gives me the error message and then it shuts down.

Hi I'm trying to upgrade from SA 7.0 to 9.0. I got the program installed but I go to run it, or to convert my data, doesn't seem to matter if I'm using my data or the sample data, I get the following menu popup on my screen:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINSIM\WINSIM.EXE

abnormal program termination

OK

Anyone know how I can fix this or get past this screen?

A:(Resolved) Anybody with Simply Accounting Know how out there?

Stiney,

Try uninstalling the program using Windows Add/Remove Programs. Make sure your data is backed up first.
Reinstall the program and any updates.

Regards,
Roger

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-anybody-with-simply-accounting-know-how-out-there.72618/
Relevancy 39.99%

I've got a client who wants to copy the contents of My Documents and it's subdirectories from his destop to his laptop and vice versa when travelling. The desktop is WinXP Home and the laptop is Win2000.

I tried setting him up with Briefcase but it is too confusing for him to work with. He wants to know if he can just drag and drop the directories back and forth. Is it that simple or should I be looking at another solution?

I've been thinking of writing a .bat program for him that will XCOPY the contents of the directories.

P.S. The only odd wrinkle is he wants his Outlook .pst file copies as well.

A:How to copy files simply

The beauty of Briefcase is that it checks dates and only synchronizes files that are newer (so that you don't overwrite new data with old...). You will have to create your batch file to do some "checking" to ensure you don't overwrite the wrong files.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-copy-files-simply.200788/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have been using Windows 7 for years and really like it.  Know it well and 
it's always been dependable and secure for me.
With all the hype lately and the icon on the task bar offering a free upgrade to 
10 I'm tempted to try it.   
I'd like some feedback on those who have tried it.   Just want to make up my 
mind one way or the other before the free part runs out.
Good points/ not so good points/ bad points.

Regards, 
Len

A:Very Simply.....Should I "upgrade" to Windows 10?

Not yet.

By downloading Windows 10 you are allowing Microsoft to spy on you

Torrent Trackers Block Windows 10 Users Over Spying Fears

Windows 10 can disable pirated games and unauthorised hardware

Don't freak out. A lot of those threads were created in response to Microsoft's EULA for Windows 10. I plan to upgrade at the last second, after all the fires go out. Considering MS new stance on their OS I may never upgrade to 10. 

Time will tell...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588022/very-simplyshould-i-upgrade-to-windows-10/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am using Windows XP and I installed a program called Simply Accounting.
Since I have no use for it anymore,I tried to delete this program but
without success.

Ad/Remove does not do it.

What other option do I have ? I am thinking if there is anything to be
deleted in the registry but how do I find the program and how do I delete it ?

Help is appreciated

AntonABC

A:How to get rid of the Simply Accounting Program

Try running the "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility" - google it and download it from the Microsoft site. This program will only remove the registry entries that are associated with the Add/Remove Programs listing and may leave other registry entries in the registry. It also does not remove any files from the hard drive. After you run the CleanUp Utility, you might consider reinstalling the program and then see if you can uninstall it properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-rid-of-the-simply-accounting-program.403766/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi
Just some background first - i am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. I extensively use Auto complete when sending emails and recently my outlook simply stopped presenting the autocomplete feature. I firstly confirmed that it was switched on and then checked ...Application data/Microsoft/outlook folder but no NK2 file (hidden files and folders is checked) i also searched entire hard drive using advanced options but still no NK2 file. So i started using outlook again and sent some emails and sure enough auto complete started working again but only with those i had just used. Did all the searches again but still cant find nk2 file even when its working

Have tried so many things and searched web for hours but no luck - can anyone help?.
Thanks heaps

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello today i checked my pc with 2 programs for viruses (Avast  Free and Malwarebytes antimalware) and i found nothing...Can we do something more to find anyvirus or malwareif i'm infected?? My pc little laggs in a game that i like to play and i think didn't have that before..(my brother also uses my pc...)

A:A simply virus check

Hi there,Let's take a look.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here.Double click on the file mbam-setup-2.x.x.xxxx.exe to install the application. (x.x.xxxx is the version)Follow the prompt. At the end place a checkmark in Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then choose Finish.When MBAM opens it will says Your database is out of date. Choose Fix Now.Click on the Scan tab at the top of the window, choose Threat Scan, then Scan Now.If you receive a message that updates are available, choose Update Now button (the scan will start after updates are completed).Please be patient as the scan will take some time.If MBAM detected threats, choose Quarantine for all items, then click Apply Actions.While still on the Scan tab, choose View detailed log. In the window that opens, click the Export button, choose Text file (*.txt) and save the log to your Desktop.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Security Check by screen317Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575727/a-simply-virus-check/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all Yes I m brand new here and I ve joined because of well just read the title of the thread Yes for some unknown reason my Dell Dimension will not completley turn on This only started happening today after school in fact This morning it was perfectly fine The only thing that i did out of the ordinary was turn the entire computer off and leave simply on computer turn won't my the power bar on rather than just putting it into standby which is what we usualy do now all i get when i attempt to my computer simply won't turn on turn it on is its powerlight turned orange and the fan making a lower noise than usual the screen is my computer simply won't turn on on but black of course the speakers are on and the modem and wirless router are both working as usal as well My computer is about a year old and has no history of this type of thing It did however blue screen on me about a week ago when i was trying to open a program it said that the CPU was stuck in a perpetual loop to make a long story short i need help and fast Luckily we have computers thats how im writing this you see but this one im using at the moment is much slower and about years older My mom needs the newer one to do report cards next week and my Dad will be comming home from vaction in a couple days and he uses the computer for work everyday i m better than most with software but i hardly know a thing about hardware please please let me know if there s anything that i can do to get it up and working again Thank you Tr x nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

My computer has a warning in my toolbar Simply with malware riddled various from windows XP that says it has detected spyware infection My computer is slower now and there are pop ups once in a Simply riddled with various malware while by windows XP firewall that says that there is a dangerous process that it cannot stop My computer is simply infested with trojans and the all sorts of jazz In need of help will greatly appreciate any help Here is my log Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files SRS Labs WOWXT and TSXT Driver SRS PostInstaller exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data badajgpw zmpujila exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files LG Software Battery Miser batterymiser exe C Program Files LG Software On Screen Display HotKey exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system LGDMEBTN exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files LG Software IP Operator IP Operator exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data U U Launcher LaunchU exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files FlashGet FlashGet exe C Downloads Fumble exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run batterymiser quot C Program Files LG Software Battery Miser batterymiser exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run KeybdUtility quot C Program Files LG Software On Screen Display HotKey exe quot O - HKLM Run LG Intelligent Update quot C Program Files lg swupdate autoupdate exe quot Gilautouc O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run OmniPass C Program Files Softex OmniPass scureapp exe O - HKLM Run LG Direct Media Button Service LGDMEBTN exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IPO quot C Program Files LG Software IP Operator IP Operator exe quot -aUtOsTaRtFrOmReG O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - H... Read more

A:Simply riddled with various malware

Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your desktop.
Double click RSIT.exe to start the tool and click Continue at the disclaimer.
When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of log.txt here.
Please attach info.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\rsit\info.txt

Click Upload.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/simply-riddled-with-various-malware-301404.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there - Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

I ran Combofix once awhile ago which seemed to take care of my malware issues at the time. I now have another set of malware-related problems and can't seem to run Combofix successfully. Everything looks OK at first, but it does skip the Windows Recovery Console dialogue box (which I am assuming is because it was installed during my first run). I get to the Combofix blue screen and it says that it is preparing to scan for infected files. This is where I am a bit stuck. Nothing happens. It just 'scans' indefinitely without any progress and I inevitably just end up closing it out. Could someone please advise?

Thanks again!

Nicole

A:Combofix simply will not scan...

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum. No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here. With that said, did you remove the old version you previously used and download the most current version? Depending on how badly your system is infected, ComboFix may take longer to complete its routine than it normally does. However, there are circumstances ComboFix will hang or stall at various stages due to malware interference, failure to disable any other real-time protection tools and CD Emulators (Daemon Tools, Alchohol 120%, Astroburn, AnyDVD) so that it does not complete successfully. While that is not normal behaviour, it is not unusual. In such cases, it is helpful to know at what stage CF stalled and to provide that information to the Helper who is assisting you so they can investigate. If you don't know and it still appears to be struck, frozen or failed to reboot, then try this:Open Task Manager and look for the following ComboFix related processes:PEV.exeNirCmd.cfxxePEV.cfxxeOne at a time, right-click and select End Process. If doing that did not free ComboFix and allow it to continue, then you will need to reboot the computer manually.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306113/combofix-simply-will-not-scan/