Windows Support Forum

SFC /scannow Disables Windows mail

Q: SFC /scannow Disables Windows mail

I used the tutorial to activate Windows mail on Win7 and it works great until I run sfc /scannow, then it wont open. Winmail.exe is running in the Task manager. I have two Win Mail programs 32 bit and 64 bit. Running IE8.

Reentering the downloaded reg or changing the msoe.dll, no joy.

I'm attaching a partial CBS log(small) hoping that someone can tell me what SFC is doing to Win mail7, how to repair without another System Restore and how to prevent this from reoccurring again!!!

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank You

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: SFC /scannow Disables Windows mail

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: SFC /scannow Disables Windows mail

Are you talking about Windows Live Mail? Try reinstalling. Uninstall it first though, then reinstall. It seems it wasn't correctly repaired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/182404-sfc-scannow-disables-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have just run the sfc /scannow command, just to see what the result would be.
If you've ported Windows Mail over from Vista like I have, then the scannow command returns the Windows Mail folders back to the default installation settings.
Windows Mail will no longer run.
I had to boot into Vista and copy the program files folder from Vista to Win 7 to re enable Windows Mail.
The Windows Mail program store in app data remains unchanged.

A:Windows Mail and sfc /scannow

Hello David,

Yes this would be normal. The SFC command will not affect the user files, but will restore the Windows 7 system files back to default.

Happy to hear that you recovered from it though.

Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/3327-windows-mail-sfc-scannow.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello.

I need your help, i am running Windows 7 RC Build 7100.

and my UAC keeps disabling it self. Now i recently got a Virus names msa.exe which i removed Via MBAM and double checked the Regrestry keys and found nothing related to that. I also scanned my E drive (Windows 7 C Drive) with AVG using Slow scan and found nothing harmful.

Help please.

I honestly doubt it is a Hardware related problem.

A:Windows 7 UAC disables itself Read for more.

Quote: Originally Posted by Snagg57

Hello.

I need your help, i am running Windows 7 RC Build 7100.

and my UAC keeps disabling it self. Now i recently got a Virus names msa.exe which i removed Via MBAM and double checked the Regrestry keys and found nothing related to that. I also scanned my E drive (Windows 7 C Drive) with AVG using Slow scan and found nothing harmful.

Help please.

I honestly doubt it is a Hardware related problem.

Its physically impossible for hardware or a hardware related problem to disable UAC

Install MSE and do a full system scan, It should identify and remove any viruses it finds (MSE has the best detection rate atm) http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

You can also use System Restore for restoring Windows back before you obtained this infection, It might also be wise to replace your RC 7100 version before it expires shortly

Steven

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/61483-windows-7-uac-disables-itself-read-more.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Im not sure if its a major cause for concern... But I have noticed that Aero will disable itself very randomly.... like weeks apart randomly. After about 10 minutes or so Aero will re-enable itself. The only connection I have came up with is that firefox "with a youtube playing" is running when it happens.

The first time it happened, it was quite alarming... enough so to make me do several full malware scans on all 3 of my hard drives. However none of the virus scanners detected a infection... and they still have not to this day... so I have came to the conclusion that it must be a program that just runs randomly that has the "no aero" launch command.

My only problem is that I have not found any "new" programs running during the period that aero is disabled. Just wondering if someone else has figured out what exactly is causing this.

A:Aero Disables itself randomly on windows 7?

Quote: Originally Posted by reluttr

Im not sure if its a major cause for concern... But I have noticed that Aero will disable itself very randomly.... like weeks apart randomly. After about 10 minutes or so Aero will re-enable itself. The only connection I have came up with is that firefox "with a youtube playing" is running when it happens.

The first time it happened, it was quite alarming... enough so to make me do several full malware scans on all 3 of my hard drives. However none of the virus scanners detected a infection... and they still have not to this day... so I have came to the conclusion that it must be a program that just runs randomly that has the "no aero" launch command.

My only problem is that I have not found any "new" programs running during the period that aero is disabled. Just wondering if someone else has figured out what exactly is causing this.

Windows 7 will revert to the standard theme anytime you run an application that is not compatible with the Display Window Manager (DWM) which provides the Aero features, your video card or video RAM runs out of memory to fully load all the Aero features or your system performance drops below an acceptable level to provide all Aero features. When this happens, a balloon popup should appear near your taskbar clock. Click it to see the true source of the problem. How much Ram do you have?

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/99684-aero-disables-itself-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

HI , i have a weird problem
my windows sometimes disables my laptop speakers , i just trurn the laptop on , and find no sound then i right click the sound icon < volume control options and i find the speakers unchecked
it only gets fixed by restarting after checking the speakers
can someone tell me why this often happens
note : this mostly happens when i change the power source like stop using the battery and use the charger without using the battery

A:windows sometimes disables my laptop speakers

Try a more descriptive title, and you may get more help quickly. Anyway, it may be a power setting that turns off the speakers to save energy. Check your power settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/303288-windows-sometimes-disables-my-laptop-speakers.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hay peeps,

I am having a problem with the windows areo thingy,

when I put my computer to 'sleep' the areo theme changes to basic on wake up and I can not figure out for the life of me how to stop it .

My graphics drivers are fully updated too the only way I can get it back is by restarting my computer but there are times where that is not possible.

thanks for reading

A:Windows areo automatically disables itself

Hey Kurisu...

Welcome to the forums.. Please help us help you by completely filling out your system specs?? We really need to know what we are dealing with ...

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/23001-windows-areo-automatically-disables-itself.html
Relevancy 46.01%

everytime i restart or turn on my computer i get that error balloon at the bottom screen and it says windows firewall not enabled. when i enable it it says i need to have ICS enabled as well so i enabled it and no problems. this has not happened before so why all of a sudden does this happen? and how can i make it so that it will auto-enable itself? so ICS will be enabled without me having to manually do it?

A:Windows Firewall Auto-disables

Why not get Zone Alarm and disable the windows firewall. It doesn't monitor outgoing connections anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-firewall-auto-disables-34721.html
Relevancy 46.01%

a work pc started not to be able to run executables except for microsoft security essentials and IE explorere. Since yesterday, the pc will still allow explorer to be started but it says there is no internet access.
When I run security essentials I get this message:

The message on the security essentials is:Rootkit:Alureon_>Mbr::Alureon
* now has no network access
* says to remove I must reboot which I did (a few times) and the same issue is there.
* the only program that starts is explorer but as there is no
* when it is almost up it gives a message about having a
compatibility issue with Microsoft small business server.

have tried to run anti virus programs from a usb stick but it will not allow them to start.

HELLLLLP!

A:virus disables exe files on windows 7

Hello and welcome,I moved this from WIN7 to Am I Infected.Reboot into Safe Mode with NetworkingHow to start Windows 7 in Safe ModeThis infection changes settings on your computer so that when you launch an executable, a file ending with .exe, it will instead launch the infection rather than the desired program. To fix this we must first download a Registry file that will fix these changes. From a clean computer, please download the following file and save it to a removable media such as a CD/DVD, external Drive, or USB flash drive.FixNCR.reginsert the removable device into the infected computer and open the folder the drive letter associated with it. You should now see the FixNCR.reg file that you had downloaded onto it. Double-click on the FixNCR.reg file to fix the Registry on your infected computer.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Click on the Scan button.When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes when done.Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, go to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes Anti-Malware folder > Tools > click on Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444617/virus-disables-exe-files-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey all I've just upgraded my edit suite custom built to Windows from XP and to start off with everything was fine The edit suite itself while on XP ran on monitors LCD and one HDTV for when I was editing video for work Upon launching update Windows monitors! disables two I had all the monitors come up immediately - fantastic Then windows updated itself - Installing all the drivers for the Graphics Card ATi Sapphire and the motherboard drivers as it went Since then not been able to get any more than two screens operational saying that the on board graphics card had a problem so had been disabled by windows - even though it didn't have such a problem on XP and didn't before the updates happened I rolled it back to the beginning by going back to the original restore point and everything was fine I set the monitors up ready to reload the editing software when suddenly two screens went off It'd updated in the background - low and behold we're back again It reports the Windows update disables two monitors! error code and has a problem code of B A google search determines nothing really Stupid system

A:Windows update disables two monitors!

Generally I never let windows update update ANY hardware drivers after first install.

They are frequently slimmed down bare bones functionality drivers compared to the official ones from the manufacturer, and that is /especially/ true for video drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/81311-windows-update-disables-two-monitors.html
Relevancy 46.01%

All right so one Wednesday night I was fidgeting with my home computer getting on the Internet etc It took me a little while to realize that Norton was turned off I was kind of worried because it might have turned off for a malware whatever reason So I clicked on the Norton icon in the tray and it said that there were days remaining for subscription In reality there were about days left until the subscription expired I freaked out and called my dad and etc but nothing else weird was going on A couple days later the subscription days left were back to normal and Norton was protecting our computer again A few weeks Norton Windows During Disables Update later on a Wednesday night it happened again With the information we had we decided that Windows does Norton Disables During Windows Update updates on Wednesday nights But does Norton shut itself off and reset itself a day or two later after updates are done Does this normally happen with Norton or is the home computer just messed up OS is XP I am almost positive there isn't any malware floating around because we scan with Malwarebytes' and Spybot on a regular basis and they never find anything Thanks

A:Norton Disables During Windows Update

Norton is recommended by Microsoft, but, its not fully with Microsoft, so it aint going to stay up with the updates.
Itll shut everything, and i do mean EVERYTHING that is not Microsoft related. So norton is either updating itself or its just playing buggy...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255231/norton-disables-during-windows-update/
Relevancy 46.01%

For the first days after I installed Windows SP while the Service Pack Upgrade Files were still on my HDD everything was fine but as soon as I used Happauge Windows SP1 TV Disables 7 HVR-950 Tuner Disk Cleanup to remove the MB of Service Pack Upgrade Files my Happauge HVR- Q TV Tuner which HP sells for the Windows 7 SP1 Disables Happauge HVR-950 TV Tuner computers they make had been working absolutely flawlessly in every respect ever since I got my HP Elite Desktop eight months ago and now SP starts telling me that even though the TV Tuner was not currently working it would run much better anyway on a high speed USB interface which it informed me that my HP HPE f Intel Core i computer was completely lacking and that I needed to upgrade my nearly new computer to high speed USB So I did a Macrium Reflect Restoration of good old Win on which my HVR- Q has been rendering a consistently flawless High Definition Video performance for almost an entire year using USB without any sign of sluggish performance during TB after TB of recording and playback and all was right again As I Windows 7 SP1 Disables Happauge HVR-950 TV Tuner said everything was working perfectly fine while the MB of Service Pack Update Files were still on the HDD but after they were removed SP immediately put an end to the usefulness of the USB TV Tuner Maxx

A:Windows 7 SP1 Disables Happauge HVR-950 TV Tuner

Hello there, Maxxwire.

There's a chance that you might got the USB bug that SP1 users (Via Windows Update) have been presenting.

The Windows 7 SP1 USB Driver Bug (what it is and how to fix it)

Try that and see how it goes it might help you

Post back with your results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/147066-windows-7-sp1-disables-happauge-hvr-950-tv-tuner.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Looking for anyone out there in the virtual world that knows how to put my old e-mail folders and messages into the windows live mail. My old laptop AC port stop working.....so took info off of old hard drive to external hard drive to new computer but can't seem to put all e-mail folders and messages into new computer. They are both windows 7 operating systems. Also have a vista laptop and can't seem to put it in there either.
All help appreciation and thanks in advance!
Christine

A:transferring e-mail messages and folders from windows mail to windows live mail

Create a folder on your Desktop. Drag the Windows Mail messages into the folder. Now drag the messages in the folder to Windows Live Mail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/transferring-e-mail-messages-and-folders-from-windows-mail-to-windows-live-mail-583847.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello.

In my Toshiba Satellite I've recently noticed that my Windows Hello fingerprint authentication is disabled each time my laptop returns from sleep (it works fine during reboots or shutdowns and power on). If I want to use fingerprint authentication again, I've to register the fingerprints again and so on.

I've already checked and made sure that in Power Management the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is disabled.

Does anyone have an idea what's causing this behavior and how to correct it?

Regards.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/48825-windows-hello-fingerprint-disables-itself-after-returning-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys hope you can help

I am using Safari and have been a while. For some strange reason it now disables the taskbar when run. As this web browser is being run I cannot run any other application until I close Safari. What has happened

I have Windows 7 RC 64 bit and like safari but this is strange behavior. The last thing I changed on my system was to remove some Microsoft intellipoint software for both keyboard and mouse as it disabled some buttons my my HP remote, which I needed.

What is causing this strange behavior?

Any clues as to why this is will be much appreciated thanks

p.s. Now Opera and Chrome do the same thing, while they are open everything else is not accessible, why??

A:Safari browser disables taskbar and windows

Hi,

Have been having exactly the same problem with the same OS (Win 7 x64) and the same browsers! Have no problems, though, with IE 8 and Firefox 3.5. The only thing I can add is that if I first open Firefox and then open Safari, Opera or Chrome (all the latest versions) they don't prevent me from accessing other applications. Is there some kind of clue here? I'm not skilled enough to work out anything!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/29344-safari-browser-disables-taskbar-windows.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i need help i've posted a hijackthis log a long time ago no one ever replied back My computer is seriously infected my windows Update disables everytime I Disables Restarting Windows Automatically Updates When shutdown my computer Also I have all kinds of pop ups I've tried everything Ad-aware didn't scan for anything nor did spyboti'm about to give up an just do a complete uninstall but I thought I'd give this forum Windows Updates Automatically Disables When Restarting another try Someone diagnose me please Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Windows Updates Automatically Disables When Restarting XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files WindowZones WindowZones sysC Program Files WindowZones WindowZones sysC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC CFusion cfam program ccmgr exeC CFusion Bin cfserver exeC CFusion cfam Program dfp exeC CFusion cfam Program wsm exeC CFusion cfam Program wsprobe exeC WINDOWS system devldr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC CFusion Bin cfexec exeC CFusion Bin cfrdsservice exeC CFusion JRun bin JRun exeC CFusion jrun bin jrun exeC Program Files Symantec Ghost ngserver exeC CFusion jre bin ntConsoleJava exeC CFusion jre bin ntConsoleJava exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC CFusion cfam bin CANamingAdapter exeC WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files WindowZones WindowZones exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Desktop Calendar Desktop Calendar exeC Program Files WindowZones WindowZones exeC Program Files Symantec Ghost bin dbserv exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Symantec Ghost bin rteng exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS Updreg exeO - HKLM Run NGServer C Program Files Symantec Ghost ngserver exeO - HKLM Run WD Button Manager WDBtnMgr exeO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKLM Run WindowZones C Program Files WindowZones WindowZones exe -startminimizeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Desktop Calendar C Program Files Desktop Calendar Desktop Calendar exeO - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtr... Read more

A:Windows Updates Automatically Disables When Restarting

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry237066http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry600723As you can see above - you've posted twice before, had responses to your posts - but You never responded.You just posted a log 21 minutes ago.If you still want help, follow all the instructions in this thread as you are able to do so.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/I'm closing this thread and your previous HJT log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109500/windows-updates-automatically-disables-when-restarting/
Relevancy 45.15%

I tried to run the DDS program as recommended but my computer said IE - Vista AVG Crashes, Ultimate Windows disables itself that my Operating System was not supported I'm not sure why I needed it anyway I have a Hijack This file that I can upload Aren't they the same type of thing I've had some irritating problems with Windows Vista Windows Vista Ultimate - IE Crashes, AVG disables itself Ultimate Internet Explorer crashes frequently It seems to hang up most frequently when I have done a Google search but it hangs during other random times as well Also AVG Anti-virus keeps disabling automatic updates I'm not actually getting the message from Windows that I'm unprotected unless I open the Windows Security Alerts and look at it I currently have AVG uninstalled because another forum said to uninstall or disable AVG and run Hijack This said that to someone else not me and since it wasn't working properly anyway I figured I would uninstall it and reinstall it later I'm attaching my Hijack This file Any help is appreciated I suspect there could be malware on my computer but I suppose it could also simply be a program that is incompatible with Vista Ultimate My computer was purchased in August and is really fast I really expected much more from it though The fan on the computer started making a loud ticking noise only a month after I purchased it and had to be replaced Thanks Heather

A:Windows Vista Ultimate - IE Crashes, AVG disables itself

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. Also please explain your problem as fully as possible. Each little detail will help in getting your system cleaned up and functional again.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scans:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the ch... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197163/windows-vista-ultimate-ie-crashes-avg-disables-itself/
Relevancy 45.15%

I had a previous thread with my Windows 8.1 OS
(8.1 - Wireless Adapter shuts off)

I thought it was solved, but after a couple of days, it happened again.

I reformated my System Partition, installed a clean Windows 8 Pro version (Because i didn't had the problem before i upgraded to Win 8.1) and now i have the same issues.

Installed the latest drivers from Intel (Didn't fix it)
Installed the drivers that came with my laptop for windows 8 (Didn't fix it)
Disabled the Power Management setting to turn of the adapter
Changed my DNS (Because i was also getting the 'Default Getaway' problem (Didn't fix it)
Did the DISM thing, nothing

I'm starting to think that this is a problem on the Hardware Level?

I could try to go back to Windows 7, but i'm afraid i'll have the same problem...

A:Windows 8 - Wireless Disables itself, default gateway,..

Well you could always try installing the driver from the Device manager.

1. Download the zip drivers from the link:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...&Dwnldid=23231
2. Extract the files.
3. Find the "data" folder and extract "Drvl1".
4. Uninstall the previous driver.
5. Install from the device manager, directing the path to the extracted "data" folder.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36341-windows-8-wireless-disables-itself-default-gateway.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I really appreciate any help I can get on this I've had my laptop for years now Dell Latitude D running XP and never had any virus problems but recently had security settings LiveUpdate Windows Popup Trojan disables decreased so I could log in remotely to my office server via Citrix A week or so after that happens popup ads start hitting my computer and mostly popups from seemingly legitimate sources Circuit City USTA My Symantec doesn't detect anything and a free version of Lavasoft Ad-Aware detects various things it calls Trojans or Malware I remove them via Ad-Aware and continue working from my laptop and surfing like usual I'm worried about the Trojans but I figured I removed them and Symantec would catch them right Anyhow as the days pass the popups get worse At first it was just banners that would come across the screen Next it was popup IE windows Then my Popup Trojan disables Windows LiveUpdate Firefox would start popping up new tabs every once in a while and while I type now they continue to pop up -- I'm disabling my wireless now should be no more popups until the end of this post when I turn my wireless back on I wondered why my Symantec wasn't catching anything and I checked the virus definition file and the last update was January of I curse myself and try to download the latest LiveUpdate through the anti-virus software but I get an error message every time I do so Finally I go directly to the Symantec web site and download the LiveUpdate software which finds the most recent update dated for me I also notice that my Windows Update shield in my task bar has turned red with an X in it I check it and it says my Windows automatic updates are turned off I try turning them on and get an error message I ignore this for a while I run Symantec again and now it s catching all sorts of viruses Most of them Trojans A lot of them it says it can t delete or quarantine a few of them it is able to quarantine I deleted the items in my quarantine but they still appear in my log which I am attaching SymantecQLog csv As you can see some of them were found in restore points -- after contracting the virus I decided to set a restore point which I presume then duplicated the virus At least Symantec said it deleted these Many more viruses were found by Symantec s Auto-Protect Scan but were not deleted or quarantined My next step is to disconnect from the Internet The popups of course stop I run a virus and adware scan which I think gets rid of a few residual viruses I run another complete virus and adware scan and no more viruses Success The next time I m on the Internet however the popups come back And then I notice the red shield with the X again When I double-click on it and try to run Windows Update it again gives me the error message and suggests I go into the Control Panel and activate the Windows Update from there I go to Control Panel -- gt System -- gt Automatic Updates and it appears that automatic updates are turned on I select that option anyway and get out of the dialog box but alas the red shield still appears in my task bar So now I figure I have a virus malware that is shutting down my Windows automatic update which may or may not have a patch to defeat the virus I search this on the Internet and it seems other people have the same problem with a virus shutting down their Windows automatic update I follow the instructions on one of these to go to Start Menu -- gt Run -- gt services msc -- gt Automatic Updates Lo and behold they are disabled I try to enable them but when I click Apply it switches right back to Disabled So something is out there blocking my attempts to root it out I checked the Internet and people seemed to describe similar problems and are performing all sorts of sophisticated commands starting in other modes etc to varying levels of success I thought about following some of their advice but I wanted to check with experts before I decided to destroy my computer trying to solve this problem on my own One... Read more

A:Popup Trojan disables Windows LiveUpdate

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

Please copy this page to Notepad and Save it to your Desktop in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please uninstall the following via Start->(or My Computer)->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs if it still exists:

Viewpoint Media Player<<This is considered foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval, but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". Please read here and here

If you decide to uninstall it, also delete the following Folders if they still exist:

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Viewpoint

We will begin with ComboFix. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/popup-trojan-disables-windows-liveupdate-319598.html
Relevancy 45.15%

One day i turned on my computer and it started going through the normal boot sequence, but after the screen that shows the Windows XP logo was done loading, the screen was replaced with a blue screen that had "OS/2 WARP" in the center of the screen and "IBM" in the top right corner of the screen. After this screen comes up, the computer stops booting and the mouse and keyboard are disabled. PLEASE HELP! :'(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-for-windows-xp-disables-boot-sequence-430440.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all.

As title, I have a WinXP Pro SP3 that had several virus problems, the evidence was the "italian internet police" full-screen message after user logon.
After using combofix I installed the trial version of Symantec Endpoint protection.

SEP found infected exe and trojans.
Now the system seems working ok, except Windows Update.

I ran DDS, so find here attached its logs (some are in italian, as the localized version of Win).

TIA
Andrea

A:Windows XP SP3 Automatic Updates tuns off and disables after a few seconds

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number). Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.Please paste the logs in your next reply, DO NOT ATTACH THEM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511153/windows-xp-sp3-automatic-updates-tuns-off-and-disables-after-a-few-seconds/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello Everyone o UPDATED SEE BELOW I have had a quot ASUS monitor and tv's quot and quot hooked up to my pc Today I replaced the quot tv with another quot ASUS monitor After the installation disables monitor other devices/Windows functions Connecting new there were MANY problems with my Connecting new monitor disables other devices/Windows functions PC Please read details below I did not get to do much troubleshooting because I had to leave for work I would like to get some ideas now and I will update this post after I get home tonight INSTALLATION how the monitor was installed -PC was left on ooops - quot tv was turned off and unplugged from PC -Monitor cables installed to PC in order Power wall DVI -Monitor cables installed to monitor in order Power DVI sound -Monitor cable Connecting new monitor disables other devices/Windows functions installed to PC Sound used double headphone jack to share sound with other monitor ooops -Verified sound still worked on original monitor -New Monitor did not work restart gt gt See below for errors after restart -New Monitor works I know I made some mistakes and this is not the proper way to install a monitor I was in a hurry I'm posting these steps to see if this could be the cause of my issues not so you can Connecting new monitor disables other devices/Windows functions bash me for being an idiot so please don't although I do deserve it ERRORS What happened -First and most noticably Windows was very different It looked as if it was an old version of Windows The normal circle start button was replaced with a grey square button that said START The taskbar was also grey and square not blue as usual Desktop background and shortcuts were all correct -Sound was disabled and would not activate All sound devices were missing -No internet Ethernet connection was completely missing from tray -Windows would not restore When trying to to go to a restore point Windows stated System Restore was never activated I have used it before so it's definitely been setup When trying to setup Windows Restore again Windows stated it could not be activated -NVIDIA tray tool was missing as well as a few other tray icons UPDATE Please see the attached picture It is the error I received when trying to activate troubleshoot my ethernet PC SPECS Windows bit http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E MOBO ASROCK Z http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU i - K Ivy http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E GRAPHICS GTX http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM GSkill GB x http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E POWER SUPPLY COOLER MASTER W http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E MONITORS ASUS VK Q x http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E HDD x Windows http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E MISC HDD Some old piece of crap I use for misc files

A:Connecting new monitor disables other devices/Windows functions

Updated

So I went into services.msc and nearly everything is disabled. Any idea why this may have happened? Should I renable everything?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/292726-connecting-new-monitor-disables-other-devices-windows-functions.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Greetings fellow people I have a Dell Studio running Vista Ultimate -bit Recently I updated Microsoft Security Essentials MSE and downloaded a couple of mp music files At the same time I also Automatic Windows After Disables Automatically Updates Reboot noticed a strange error with my laptop Everytime I turn my machine on I get this 'red shield with an X ' icon on my taskbar When I click it I get taken to windows security center and my Automatic updating is disabled On rare occasions ALL of the items in windows security center are disabled So I turn it back 'em on only to have it disabled on my next startup I suspected I may have a malware issue here so I ran a couple of full scans MSE found nothing MalwareBytes Anti-Malware came out empty as well IObit Malware Fighter also landed on nothing Right now I have no solutions to this problem I'm seeking some advice and any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in Windows Automatic Updates Automatically Disables After Reboot advance P S My recently downloaded mp Windows Automatic Updates Automatically Disables After Reboot files have not been removed as I do not know if this issue is related to them

A:Windows Automatic Updates Automatically Disables After Reboot

Hey man,
can you get onto your OS at all.  Meaning in normal boot or in Safe mode?
Do you have more than one antivirus running, if so the new or other antivirus will always try to disable security center being that with the expection of MBAM you dont want two antiviruses running, they will fight eachother. 
To stop the issue try this

After you login

Press Windows key + R
Type: services.msc
Scroll down to Windows Defender
Select it make sure it is running and it is status is set to Automatic.
If not fixed AND if you have another antivirus you can either delete the 3rd party antivirus, or in this same services.msc turn off windows defender, which most antiviruses will do for you be default.

Still broken
this is from www.answers.microsoft.com

But BEFORE you do any of this please backup your files and make a recovery disc so IF something happens you can get back to at least where you are now.  If you have any questions please ask me before you post.  I will check back around noon CST USA.
Try the above stuff first and reboot, then do the below, but BACKUP first  here is a guide from Microsoft.com

Consider changing the way Security Center alerts to disable the warning.

There have been some recent reports of this situation. It may be due to a miscommunication between MSE and the WMI database. It may also be due to undetected malware.
Some people report that opening MSE, performing an update check and turning off and back on again the MSE real time protection resolves the issue temporarily or permanently.

If the WMI repository is broken, the following may help:
We've seen a number of reports here of this behavior following the recent upgrade of MSE.
I suspect that there are multiple causes.
Some have reported that uninstalling and reinstalling MSE resolves it.
Others have said that forcing an update or running a scan with MSE each time it happens solves it after a few days.
Others have reported that turning real time protection of and back on has resolved it.
And still others indicate nothing fixes it.
The problem can also be due to a broken WMI repository (see below) and perhaps a resource issue -- that is, the PC is low on memory or running slowly due to many programs and processes starting with Windows causing MSE and the Alert Center to not communicate in a timely manner after which it gives up (either reporting status to WMI, or WMI querying the MSE status). Try a clean boot or disabling excess startup programs to see if that's your case. 
Here are procedures to correct the WMI repository that causes the Windows Security Center to report that no antivirus, antispyware, or firewall is active, yet MSE is actively protecting your PC and in green status.

When running this in Vista7, you must run the procedures as an administrator, elevated.

Method A
Start>Run>services.msc [enter]
Scroll down to Windows Management Instrumentation and double-click it.
Now click on the "Pause" button. Leave that window open and double-click
My Computer. Navigate to %systemroot%\Windows\System32\wbem (where
%systemroot% is the drive where XP is installed). Delete the Repository
folder and *only* the Repository folder. Now go back to the WMI service
window you left open and restart the service.
This will rebuild the Repository and hopefully straighten out the
incorrect entries for all your duplicates.
In order to see the Windows files, you may need to unhide them:
Make sure you are able to see all hidden files and extensions (View tab
in Folder Options).
Check "Display the contents of system folders".
Check "Show hidden files and folders".
Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and click "OK" to the
dialog box.

Method B from MVP Torgeir Bakken (more elegant)
Open a command window (Start/Run --> cmd.exe) and run the following commands:

net stop winmgmt
cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem
ren repository repository.old... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515332/windows-automatic-updates-automatically-disables-after-reboot/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello For a month now I have been having issues with the connection update internet Critical disables Windows Windows critical update disabling blocking my internet connection The problem occurred after I tried disabling the Tablet input panel keyboard after I bought a drawing tablet I think I did something with windows features at least thats the only thing I can think of The only way to Windows Critical update disables internet connection get around the problem Windows Critical update disables internet connection is to do a system restore everytime it installs Windows Critical update disables internet connection the critical updates which is strangely enough after every days after the system restore I have tried uninstalling certain KBxxxx updates with no luck I tried uninstalling Microsoft security essentials nothing changed The windows update is turned off to never update automatically and has always been I read alot on the internet about people having a simillar problem with these critical updates I don t have Mcaffe and never had installed so thats not the issue Also there is no updates listed in the view update list when the critical updates are installed they seem to be invisible or something Anyone that could shed some light on this I would be forever grateful Do I really have to reinstall the whole system because of this

A:Windows Critical update disables internet connection

Hi, important you need to have a good read through this:-

Troubleshoot problems with removing updates - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-critical-update-disables-internet-connection-782121.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi!

Just as my topic states, someone is adding windows user accounts.
They are making admin accounts that are password protected and disabling my Normal Administrator account. I have symantec corporate edition. It has performed multiple full scans and returned no threats. I have windows firewall up and Comodo Firewall up. Nothing stops this from happening. I keep getting locked out of my own computer. Please help. I have attached my Hijackthis report. I hope it helps. Here are some specs:

AV: Symantec Corporate
FW: Windows, Comodo

A:Help! Adds Windows Admin Accounts and Disables Mine!

Hi,My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log.We apologize for the delay of response. If you still require assistance we would like to see the current condition of your system so please post a new set of DDS Logs as well as a RootRepeal log and a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.If for any reason you did not post a DDS log or RootRepeal log please refer to this page and in step #6 and Step #7 for further instructions on downloading and running DDS & RootRepeal. If you have any problems just let me know in your next reply or simply post a Hijackthis log.For your next reply I would like to see:-The DDS logs---DDS.txt and Attach logs-RootRepeal logs-Description of any remaining problems you may still have.Thanks again and we apologize for the delay.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276691/help-adds-windows-admin-accounts-and-disables-mine/
Relevancy 44.72%

First let me start with laptop specs nbsp Acer Inspire V V - T- Intel Core i - U GHzIntel HD Graphics GB DDR L Memory GB SSDRunning fully up-to-date version of windows with no additional software nbsp It seems that whenever Cortana is enabled Windows Audio Wireless Service, Cortana disables A... I cannot use the microphone or speakers because the windows audio srevice turns itself off As well as some wireless networking and start menu task bar issues whcih I will explain in detail here I have experimented with cortana being off and restarting the laptop and it works flawlessly If i enable cortana I will immediately get a red x next to the speaker logo in the taskbar and i get the error message The Audio Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless A... Service is not Running nbsp I go ahead and open up services msc and can see that the audio service is set to automatic but is not running I restart the audio service yet I still cannot access cortana After a few minutes the red x will appear again signifying that the audio service has stopped again Once this happens I no longer have access to the start menu or the taskbar none of the icons can be clicked on or selected At this point my wireless icon in the taskbar will goa way and the symbol for a hardwired connection will come back on Even putting the laptop into airplane mode and back off again my wireless adapter will not become active nbsp To gain access again to the start menu I have to use the windows key on the keyboard to unfreeze the start menu taskbar At this point I can access cortana settings and turn it off After this I reset the wireless adapter and restart the audio service and voila The laptop functions normally again and has not yet switched off the audio service or locked any start menu functions The laptop however does need to be reset without cortana on to be able to connect to a wireless network nbsp nbsp It truly appears that cortana is the root of the problems that I am experiencing I honestly do not plan on using cortana but as a function that comes with my laptop I would like to know how I can still be able to use this feature nbsp nbsp Anyone else experiencing a problem such as this If i have to render the laptop as a fault on arrival I have no problem returning it for a new one but figured i'd give it a shot at diagnosing it further before I need to do that nbsp Please let me know if I need to supply any further information thank you for taking the time to read this nbsp

A:Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless A...

See if this fixes ithttp://windowsreport.com/no-sound-cortana-windows-10/

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Cortana-disables-Windows-Audio-Service-Wireless-Adapter-amp/td-p/430298/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, running Windows 7 x64 SP1 notebook, noticed Windows Update failed and found Internet Explorer LAN proxy server settings had been modified to: 127.0.0.1:8888 which appears to be some form of malware/trojan/virus.

I was able to add Windows Update exceptions to proxy settings and temporarily remove the changes which allowed Windows Update to function properly but the proxy settings in IE were modified again on reboot.

Avast and Malwarebytes don't pick up anything, rebooted in Safe Mode and removed the proxy settings again which hasn't changed again upon reboot but would like to be sure I am clear of or don't have any other infections.

Thanks!

A:Internet Explorer Proxy Server 127.0.0.1 Disables Windows Update

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610200/internet-explorer-proxy-server-127001-disables-windows-update/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi running Windows x SP notebook noticed Windows Update failed and found Internet Explorer LAN proxy server settings had been modified to which appears to be some form of malware trojan virus I was able to add Windows Update exceptions to proxy settings and temporarily remove the changes which allowed Windows Update to function properly Server Update 127.0.0.1 Explorer Internet Windows Disables Proxy but the proxy settings in IE were modified again on reboot Avast and Malwarebytes don't pick up anything rebooted in Safe Mode and removed the proxy settings again which hasn't changed again upon reboot but would like to be sure Internet Explorer Proxy Server 127.0.0.1 Disables Windows Update I am clear of or don't have any other infections I don't have an issue with Firefox which is my default browser I posted in the Am I Infected What do I do http www bleepingcomputer com forums t internet-explorer-proxy-server- -disables-windows-update p and followed the instructions give there to run Farbar and post the logs here Thanks for the assistance nbsp Addition Internet Explorer Proxy Server 127.0.0.1 Disables Windows Update txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp FRST txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Internet Explorer Proxy Server 127.0.0.1 Disables Windows Update

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. start
CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:
RemoveProxy:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = hxxps://www.duckduckgo.com/
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = hxxp://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = hxxp://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004 -> DefaultScope {3098ECB2-F559-4DCE-A248-0D449DBB5C64} URL = hxxps://duckduckgo.com/?q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004 -> {3098ECB2-F559-4DCE-A248-0D449DBB5C64} URL = hxxps://duckduckgo.com/?q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1139747661-3720200840-1728026816-1004 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
FF DefaultSearchEngine.US: DuckDuckGo
FF Homepage: hxxps://duckduckgo.com/
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @java.com/DTPlugin,version=11.66.2 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_66\bin\dtplugin\npDeployJava1.dll [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @java.com/JavaPlugin,version=11.66.2 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_66\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @tools.google.com/Google Update;version=3 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.29.1\npGoogleUpdate3.dll [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @tools.google.com/Google Update;version=9 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.29.1\npGoogleUpdate3.dll [No File]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [eofcbnmajmjmplflapaojjnihcjkigck] - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\WebRep\Chrome\aswWebRepChromeSp.crx [2016-02-04]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [gomekmidlodglbbmalcneegieacbdmki] - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\WebRep\Chrome\aswWebRepChrome.crx [2016-02-04]
S3 CpqDfw; system32\drivers\CpqDfw.sys [X]
S3 efavdrv; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\efavdrv.sys [X]
S2 VBoxAswDrv; \??\C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ng\vbox\VBoxAswDrv.sys [X]

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on Ad... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610313/internet-explorer-proxy-server-127001-disables-windows-update/
Relevancy 43.86%

I m using Windows Ultimate bit I have tried HitmanPro Avira Ad-Aware and Housecall Some of these have detected some stuff Windows redirecting search Google results and Malware disables Security but none were able to fix my problem I don t know if these are relevant or not but I figure I ll post them incase they are HitmanPro found C Windows SysWOW pbsvc eveC Windows SysWOW GameMon dexC Users MT AppData Local Temp ICReinstallAd-Aware found Description c users mt appdata local temp gnstvn exe Family Name Trojan Win Generic BT Engine Clean status Success Malware redirecting Google search results and disables Windows Security Item ID Family ID MD ca a b ba a e cDescription c users mt appdata local temp ikstun exe Family Name Trojan Win Generic BT Engine Clean status Success Item ID Family ID MD cd e d c d b f f Description c recycle bin s- - - - - - - reaay dll Family Name Trojan Win Buzus Engine Clean status Success Item ID Family ID MD a c ffb a b Description c recycle bin s- - - - - - - rm pxe rar arcane dll Family Name Trojan Win Buzus Engine Clean status Success Item ID Family ID MD Avira found a few too but when I checked the logs all the scan results said No virus or unwanted programs found I also had problem downloading DDS Tool I had to right click and save as to get it Just clicking the link didn t work Didn t have the same problem with Defogger DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by MT at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA AV Avira Desktop Enabled Updated F B DE -C B - C F- EFF- C BD D C C SP Avira Desktop Enabled Updated D AAC -E E- B - F- F C DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exeC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exeC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Program Files HitmanPro hmpsched exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system rundll exeC Windows SysWOW rundll exeC Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exeC Windows SysWOW PnkBstrB exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Users MT AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Users MT AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users MT AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users MT AppData ... Read more

A:Malware redirecting Google search results and disables Windows Security

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 31. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445275/malware-redirecting-google-search-results-and-disables-windows-security/
Relevancy 43.43%

First let me start with laptop specs Acer Inspire V V - T- Intel Core i - U GHz Intel HD Graphics GB DDR L Memory GB SSD Running fully up-to-date version of windows with no additional software It seems that whenever Cortana is enabled I Menu Windows Cortana Service, & disables Adapter, Start Audio Wireless cannot use Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless Adapter, & Start Menu the microphone or speakers because the windows audio srevice turns itself off As well as some wireless networking and start menu task bar issues whcih I will explain in detail here I have experimented with cortana being off and restarting the laptop and it works flawlessly If i enable cortana I will immediately get a red x next to the speaker logo in the taskbar and i get the error message quot The Audio Service is not Running quot I go ahead and open up services msc and can see that the audio service is set to automatic but is not running I restart the audio service yet I still cannot access cortana After a few minutes the red x will appear again signifying that the audio service has stopped again Once this happens I no longer have access to the start menu or the taskbar none of the icons can be clicked on or selected At this point my wireless icon in the taskbar will goa way and the symbol for a hardwired connection will come back on Even putting the laptop into airplane mode and back off again my wireless adapter will not become active To gain access again to the start menu I have to use the windows key on the keyboard to quot unfreeze quot the start menu taskbar At this point I can access cortana settings and turn it off After this I reset the wireless adapter and restart the audio service and voila The laptop functions normally again and has not yet switched off the audio service or locked any start menu functions The laptop however does need to be reset without cortana on to Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless Adapter, & Start Menu be able to connect to a wireless network It truly appears that cortana is the root of the problems that I am experiencing I honestly do not plan on using cortana but as a function that comes with my laptop I would like to know how I can still be able to use this feature Anyone else experiencing a problem such as this If i have to render the laptop as a fault on arrival I have no problem returning it for a new one but figured i'd give it a shot at diagnosing it further before I need to do that Please let me know if I need to supply any further information thank you for taking the time to read this

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48885-cortana-disables-windows-audio-service-wireless-adapter-start-menu.html
Relevancy 43.43%

First let me start with laptop specs Acer Inspire V V - T- Intel Core i - U GHz Intel HD Graphics GB DDR L Memory GB SSD Running fully up-to-date version of windows with no additional software It seems that whenever Cortana is enabled I cannot use the microphone or speakers because the windows audio srevice turns itself off As well as some wireless networking Wireless Adapter, Start Cortana & Windows disables Menu Audio Service, and start menu task bar issues whcih I will explain in detail here I have experimented with cortana being off and restarting the laptop and it works flawlessly If i enable cortana I will immediately get Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless Adapter, & Start Menu a red x next to the speaker logo in the taskbar and i get the error message quot The Audio Service is not Running quot I go ahead and open up services msc and can see that the audio service is set to automatic but is not running I restart the audio service yet I still cannot access cortana After a few minutes the red x will appear again signifying that the audio service has stopped again Once this happens I no longer have access to the start menu or the taskbar none of the icons can be clicked on or selected At this point my wireless icon in the taskbar will goa way and the symbol for a hardwired connection will come back on Even putting the laptop into airplane mode and back off again my wireless adapter will not become active To gain access again to the start menu I have to use the windows key on the keyboard to quot unfreeze quot the start menu taskbar At this point I can access cortana settings and turn it off After this I reset the wireless adapter and restart the audio service and voila The laptop functions normally again and has not yet switched off the audio service or locked any start menu functions The laptop however does need to be reset without cortana on to be able to connect to a wireless network It truly appears that cortana is the root of the problems that I am experiencing I honestly do not plan on using cortana but as a function that comes with my laptop I would like to know how I can still be able to use this feature Anyone else experiencing a problem such as this If i have to render the laptop as a fault on arrival I have no problem returning it for a new one but figured i'd give it a shot at diagnosing it further before I need to do that Please let me know if I need to supply any further information thank you for taking the time to read this

A:Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless Adapter, & Start Menu

Hi, never seen this reported; I gather this is a new laptop, with nothing installed.

Assuming you have not configured settings in some strange manner or been infected, there's little to go on.

Your first port of call is definitely your supplier. (Mine is good- technically quick and competent- they did a remote session recently to discover what they believed could be achieved could no longer on this model!).

Given it's a brand new configuration, you could try completely formatting your disk and reinstalling Windows, but I would not do that before contacting your supplier.

You may also have a recovery partition which allows you to reset it to ex-factory condition.

Noted you have posted this here:
Fix Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless Adapter, Start Menu
Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless A... - Acer Community - 430298

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/48885-cortana-disables-windows-audio-service-wireless-adapter-start-menu.html
Relevancy 43.43%

To use sfc /scannow in windows 8 put the cursor in the right top edge of the screen & click on Search & scroll to where you find Command Prompt.Right click it & choose Run as Administrator at the bottom of the screen.At the blinking _ or the > type in sfc /scannow & press ENTER key.The scan will start.It takes a while.If there is a problem you will probably be asked to insert your Windows 8 CD or DVD.The link below is where I found this information:http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htmThere is some good stuff there.They have a link to how to use a Command Prompt among other stuff.Well, I hope this helps someone with Windows 8 & its strange new ways of doing things. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htmRight click the attached thumbnails & choose Open Link in a New Window for best results.

A:sfc /scannow in windows 8

This isn't any different than running it in Windows 7 is it?..
Open command prompt as administrator -> type sfc /scannow

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475320/sfc-scannow-in-windows-8/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am trying to run sfc /scannow on a computer, when I try to run it from start and run, it flashes up and then dissapears right away. I was told that if that doesn't work to open a cmd window and try it. so I did that and I get the following message. "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the windows file check utility." I am try to run this through Remote Desktop. the sfc /scannow use to work when I first started up this computer, now for some odd reason it will not.

Please Help.
Chad

A:Windows xp Pro and sfc /scannow

you have to log on as administrator,or a user with admin rights

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-and-sfc-scannow.279078/
Relevancy 43%

Hello!I could use some help in figuring out what files are missing and if I can manually download them but I don't know how to read it.I tried sfc /scannow more then 3 times and I'm still getting the same results
I have the cbs file but it's pretty big

A:Windows 7: SFC /SCANNOW assistance

Check The Tech Cookbook – Windows 7 update (KB3022345) causing corrupt files if it is applicable for you.

If you still have problems afterwards make a new thread in http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/370376-windows-7-sfc-scannow-assistance.html
Relevancy 43%

This is my st post on this forum so I'll try to be concise and not break any forum rules unintentionally I'm having some trouble in obtaining a quot clean quot SFC SFC With Windows SP1 (4) Pro 7 /Scannow About Errors Help 64-bit that will complete with no errors I recently had the somewhat common quot telemetry quot error files Fortunately I was able to fix those but not by the recommended fix of uninstalling KB Help With About (4) SFC /Scannow Errors Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 and KB These did not solve that problem I ran across the SFCFix Files by Niemiro SFCFix exe and SFCFix winzip txt that I downloaded and posted to my desktop I dragged the Winzip file on top of the SFCFix exe and a new SFCFix txt file was created with text results of the fix successful I ran SFC scannow again and sure enough the quot telemetry error files quot were all gone Now I'm still left my problem of about or repeated errors that seem to be non-critical they don't seem to have any adverse effects whatsoever that I've been able to detect but I would still like to fix these without making it too big a deal if possible like replacing Windows Manifest or Package files etc from another source although I do have a couple of earlier USB backup images of my harddrive Since these errors are minimal I thought I'd just post them here without the entire CBS log file for the time being see if someone can help me solve this CSI SR Cannot verify component files for eda a dcb a b ebaf d Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b b f f f d a a Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral manifest is damaged TRUE CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch These same errors are repeated at the bottom of the CBS log but are the same errors I've done the usual stuff chkdsk F R etc and I've tried to find out exactly quot what quot these errors refer to All I can think of was a sudden power quot shutdown quot about weeks ago most likely due to a overheating problem at bottom of the notebook HP notebooks are notorious for this very reason I had bought a cooler pad for mine which unfortunately I had not been using at the time Anyway if someone has some definite fixes and idea for these errors I would be grateful I've seen these errors referred to in several other posts but I've yet to read a solution thanks Sy

A:Help With About (4) SFC /Scannow Errors Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1

Oops......The 2nd File error "unified-Telemetry-Client" has been fixed! I posted the wrong 2nd file.
Sorry.....Sy, I will check my latest log file, and repost.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/381672-help-about-4-sfc-scannow-errors-windows-7-pro-64-bit-sp1.html
Relevancy 43%

Does it matter if you use a slightly mismatched Windows CD for tasks such as sfc /scannow or fixmbr? For example if Windows XP Home Edition service pack 3 is currently installed on a troubled computer, can you use a Windows XP Home Edition SP1 CD?

And can you use a Windows CD with a different product ID number than what is installed on the computer?

A:Using diff Windows CD for sfc /scannow

Not sure on the scan question because of the service packs.
But say you lost your original copy of xp home, or the disk got scratched or
broken. But you made a backup copy, or you have another xp home
disk from another purchase. As long as you use a licensed reg key all
is good. Some folks say that the reg key is specific to that disk, not true
what kind of magic would MS have to perform to do this...I dont see
anything illegal about it, you purchased the license, as long as your
not using cracked reg keys, or trying to install xp on more machines
then you have license for...
Ive done it, still do it, nothing magic about those cd's, except how
easily there scratched.
But you cant mix and match, ie xp home is for home, xp pro is for pro.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/using-diff-windows-cd-for-sfc-scannow-371051.html
Relevancy 43%

hey my pc crashes here and there bsod i run sfc/scannow it stopped 52% done crashes. i checked drive it's good so far no virus. now what's next i don't wanna format. i need help j

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/sfcscannow-windows-7-possible-crashes-4608275/
Relevancy 43%

This is my st post on this forum so I'll try to be concise and not break any forum rules unintentionally I'm having some trouble in obtaining a quot clean quot SFC that will complete with no errors I recently had the somewhat common quot telemetry quot error files Fortunately I was able to fix those but not by the recommended fix of uninstalling KB and KB These did not solve that problem I ran across the SFCFix Files by Niemiro SFCFix exe and SFCFix winzip txt that I downloaded and posted to my desktop I dragged the Winzip file on top of the SFCFix exe and a new SFCFix txt file was created with text results of the fix successful I ran SFC scannow again and sure enough the quot telemetry error files quot were all gone Now I'm still left my problem of about or repeated errors that seem to be non-critical they don't seem to have any adverse effects whatsoever that I've been able to detect but I would still like to fix these without making it too big a deal if possible like replacing Windows Manifest or Package files etc from another source although I do have a couple of earlier USB backup images of my harddrive Since these errors are minimal I thought I'd just post them here without the entire CBS log file for the time being see if someone can /Scannow About Help (4) SP1 With Windows 7 Errors SFC Pro 64-bit help me solve this CSI SR Cannot Help With About (4) SFC /Scannow Errors Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 verify component files for eda a dcb a b ebaf d Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b b f f f d a a Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral manifest is damaged TRUE CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch These same Help With About (4) SFC /Scannow Errors Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 errors are repeated at the bottom of the CBS log but are the same errors I've done the usual stuff chkdsk F R etc and I've tried to find out exactly quot Help With About (4) SFC /Scannow Errors Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 what quot these errors refer to All I can think of was a sudden power quot shutdown quot about weeks ago most likely due to a overheating problem at bottom of the notebook HP notebooks are notorious for this very reason I had bought a cooler pad for mine which unfortunately I had not been using at the time Anyway if someone has some definite fixes and idea for these errors I would be grateful I've seen these errors referred to in several other posts but I've yet to read a solution thanks Sy

A:Help With About (4) SFC /Scannow Errors Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1

Oops......The 2nd File error "unified-Telemetry-Client" has been fixed! I posted the wrong 2nd file.
Sorry.....Sy, I will check my latest log file, and repost.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381672-help-about-4-sfc-scannow-errors-windows-7-pro-64-bit-sp1.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Howdy all Recently I ran into an issue with Windows opening new file browsing windows every time I try to open a folder directory The option is set to open new windows in the existing one but does nothing While this may be a relatively minor issue I was afraid it might be signs of something more Browsing Multiple Windows, Windows /scannow not 7, sfc fixing. severe So far I've ran a virus scan AVG which came up clean restore pointed Windows 7, Multiple Browsing Windows, sfc /scannow not fixing. Windows to prior to the problem by days and the problem persisted and rand sfc scannow several times with some reboots and yet it continues The sfc scannow is coming up with corrupt files that it can't fix I've tried to look over the log file and can see that there are several files that are coming up that it can't fix However not being exactly a tech wiz myself I figured I would see if someone here could led assistance I attached my CBS log file If anyone could point me in the right direction in fixing the issue or at least identifying it I would greatly appreciate any and all help

A:Windows 7, Multiple Browsing Windows, sfc /scannow not fixing.

Hiyya and welcome Swd did you try a chkdsk mate?

Couple of ways via command prompt

Disk Check

or this

Disk Check

Tip (I like this) type in msconfig / regedit / command prompt in Search > right click on each one as you type each separately > add to quick start menu - saves a lot of typing

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255682-windows-7-multiple-browsing-windows-sfc-scannow-not-fixing.html
Relevancy 42.57%

MS and their mail systems are giving me grief I have a Vista PC using quot Windows Mail quot and want to transfer email folders lots and messages to Windows using Windows Live Mail Note Windows Mail Troubles Vista Live Win7 Solved: transferring to Mail 2011 Windows Windows Mail was a replacement for Outlook express on Vista Windows Live Solved: Troubles transferring Windows Mail Vista to Win7 Windows Live Mail 2011 Mail is a replacement for Windows Mail on Windows I tried a couple of things Basic Export and ImportI exported relavent files Account info Contacts and all the messages to a folder in Windows Mail format on old computer and used the old quot Addias quot transfer - copied folder to stick and RAN it over to the new computer - Imported using the Windows Mail format the Account info successfully - imported the Contact info successfully - Import Messages - appeared at first to be successful Issue Message folders appear to be renamed and some folder names have been truncated not all folders appear to be there Looks like quot long Name folders greater that characters get truncated So Tried the quot Easy transfer mechanism Vista and Win transfer utility - but couldn t get the new computer to Solved: Troubles transferring Windows Mail Vista to Win7 Windows Live Mail 2011 see the Vista even though I could see them on the network I thought that this would transfer the folder names correctly I m about to try a time consuming effort of coping folder by folder export Import What I am more concerned about is that the individaul messages may have the same issue Ie not all coming accross and subject names being lost Looking for alternative or third party transfer solutions Any help direction appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Troubles transferring Windows Mail Vista to Win7 Windows Live Mail 2011

I get a little nauseous just thinking about Windows Live Mail 2011, much less expending effort to use it, but I would try installing it on the Vista and see if it has the option right up front of importing stuff from Windows Mail. If it does, and happens to work correctly, then all you would have to do is find its files and copy them over.

By the way, are you putting on airs with "Addias" transfer? We plebeians just used "sneaker net."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-troubles-transferring-windows-mail-vista-to-win7-windows-live-mail-2011.992855/
Relevancy 42.57%

have had a lot of crashes lately when using windows expl folders or just emptying the recycle bin etc. did sfc /scannow it brings up need to copy .dll files plz insert xp home ed disc which i do, then another msg says "wrong disc inserted, plz insert correct disc & retry"... well, don't have another xp disc. have backed out of sfc, just inserted xp disc into cd-rom & it brings up the install/reinstall info page, blue screen etc. what could be wrong? thanks so much everything else works fine that i know of, have no virus or spyware etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-expl-crashes-sfc-scannow.339027/
Relevancy 42.57%

First off Hello I'm new on here nice to meet ya I'm running windows bit I just now begun noticing problems with my computer when the windows update service kept displaying the same updates and never would to SFC will due not Protection. Resource run /Scannow Windows search for new updates so I ended up forcing it to search and I got the the dreaded SFC /Scannow will not run due to Windows Resource Protection. error code Done some searching on the Microsoft website tried their fix it stuff which normally does work this time nothing worked I tried the System Update Readiness Tool it didn't fix anything so tried to run a sfc scan through SFC /Scannow will not run due to Windows Resource Protection. command prompt as admin and I got the quot Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation before the scan even started Somebody on another forum was helping me and after sending them the cbs txt file and other files it was determined that my COMPONENTS hive is either corrupt or damn near empty I stumbled upon a thread titled quot Empty COMPONENTS hive quot where a member here called NoelDP SFC /Scannow will not run due to Windows Resource Protection. was helping this other member substitute or rebuild his COMPONENTS hive and I was really hoping he could possibly assist me in hopefully doing the same thing or finding another solution I have attached the cbs txt file for you please let me know if you require anything else Thank you

A:SFC /Scannow will not run due to Windows Resource Protection.

Well you posted in the wrong place but I will find Noel for you.
He is normally very busy so just hang in there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362437-sfc-scannow-will-not-run-due-windows-resource-protection.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have tried all Windows updates checked for viruses done everything within my power but nothing seems to work Whenever I open anything that requires Windows Explorer it that program crashes I can that Scannow in I file a can't. How Windows fix do corrupt 7 watch videos online but not in Windows Media Player Real Player or Quick Time I cannot access quot My Computer quot because it tells me How do I fix a corrupt file in Windows 7 that Scannow can't. Windows has stopped working I run the Command Prompt and do a Scannow and when it comes to the report it tells me it has stopped working and needs to close It started when both Flash Player and Java started to malfunction but I updated those and they work just fine on the internet For some reason I don't have any System Restore Points so that is not an option My CBS log file shows a couple of issues but I am not a computer geek so have no idea if this is my problem and How do I fix a corrupt file in Windows 7 that Scannow can't. if it is what do I do to fix it POQ ends - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Repairing components - - Info CSI a SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI b Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS amd microsoft-windows-s chrecognizerenu ale bf ad e en-us a b c f l ngr do not match actual file l quot l ngr quot Found l b ngDe JuZpX yWU Iz x TVkg LVDb kY VImrIBhoQ Expected l b wq Nf TNyCEXeeVYi bcRBnWJMnXxl GdkrOvt eI - - Info CSI c SR Cannot repair member file l quot l ngr quot of Microsoft-Windows-SpeechRecognizerENU ale Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture l quot en-US quot VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI d Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS amd microsoft-windows-s chrecognizerenu ale bf ad e en-us a b c f l ngr do not match actual file l quot l ngr quot Found l b ngDe JuZpX yWU Iz x TVkg LVDb kY VImrIBhoQ Expected l b wq Nf TNyCEXeeVYi bcRBnWJMnXxl GdkrOvt eI - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file l quot l ngr quot of Microsoft-Windows-SpeechRecognizerENU ale Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture l quot en-US quot VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI f SR This component was referenced by l quot Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package bf ad e amd en-US Microsoft-Windows-SpeechRecognizer-Deployment-LanguagePack quot - - Info CSI Hashes for file member C Windows Speech Engines SR en-US l ngr do not match actual file l quot l ngr quot Found l b ngDe JuZpX yWU Iz x TVkg LVDb kY VImrIBhoQ Expected l b wq Nf TNyCEXeeVYi bcRBnWJMnXxl GdkrOvt eI - - Info CSI Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS amd microsoft-windows-s chrecognizerenu ale bf ad e en-us a b c f l ngr do not match actual file l quot l ngr quot Found l b ngDe JuZpX yWU Iz x TVkg LVDb kY VImrIBhoQ Expected l b wq Nf TNyCEXeeVYi bcRBnWJMnXxl GdkrOvt eI - - Info CSI SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows Speech Engines SR en-US quot l quot l ngr quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI Repair results created POQ starts

A:How do I fix a corrupt file in Windows 7 that Scannow can't.

Hello Piper52 and welcome to Seven Forums.

Try running the System File Checker scan at least three times as recommended in this tutorial (Option Two, Step 4, "Note".) Reboot the computer immediately following each scan. That might fix the damaged or corrupt files.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If the problem persists you could follow the additional "Note" suggestions. If still no success you could try extracting a clean copy of the damaged/corrupt file(s) from a Windows 7 installation disk. The instructions are in the "Tip" box at the bottom of Option Three. Or, in the alternative, you could wait to see if one of the Forum experts can provide a specific fix for your computer. Personally, I'd go straight to a Repair Install.

Repair Install

If successful, the Repair Install should fix your currently installed Windows 7 and preserve your user accounts, data, programs, system drivers, etc. The third item in the "Warning" box explains how to obtain a legal Windows 7 installation disk should you need one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/319020-how-do-i-fix-corrupt-file-windows-7-scannow-cant.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,

When running sfc /scannow, it stops at 7% and displays the following message:

"windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation".

The sfcdetails.txt file shows the following errors prior to stopping.

How do I fix this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Abe Canamar

A:sfc /scannow & windows resource protection

This may help.

Run error-checking for the C drive and select
-Automatically fix file error
-Scan for bad sectors.

Note this may take some time.

Disk Check

Then retry SFC

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/190915-sfc-scannow-windows-resource-protection.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm having an issue with a computer that will not install any Windows updates. it seems to have occurred after Windows 8.1 update. The update did successfully install but no future updates have installed including the Spring Update.

I am receiving the error code: 80070BC9 when installing 2962409

That is the only update that shows other than updates for Windows Defender which do install successfully.
Prior to this, about 35 updates were showing and those would error out as well.
I've attempted to run SFC /scannow and I get "There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot." I have rebooted several times and no luck.

I have run the Windows Update troubleshooter, no luck.

Any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544766/cannot-install-any-windows-updates-or-run-sfc-scannow/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, sfc scannow found corrupt files which it couldn't repair which seem to be to do with the windows side bar.
I've no idea on how to resolve this but have tried running in safe mode and done virus scans. This is a fresh reinstall and the errors been there from the get go so there's nothing to restore back to.

I have attached a notepad file of the scan results below.

Thanks

sfcdetails.txt

A:SFC Scannow can't fix some errors which seem to be from windows side bar

If only it was possible to uninstall Windows Sidebar, I would've done so long ago. Microsoft has long considered it a security risk, and I used a Microsoft Fix-it to thoroughly disable it on my PC. If you reinstalled Vista from an old disc, sounds like the disc might be slightly corrupt. If you haven't already invested a great deal of time updating Vista and reinstalling software, take a look at Vista ISO download. If you don't intend to use Sidebar, then it might not matter very much; but I would certainly find it annoying if SFC never again told me that no integrity violations were found. Brink posted a tutorial when Vista was young: System Files - SFC Command

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/304135-sfc-scannow-cant-fix-some-errors-seem-windows-side-bar.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix ((((((( log file I applyCBS.rar

Windows 10 pro x64 licensing

A:windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow

Originally Posted by edhappy

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix ((((((( log file I applyCBS.rar

Windows 10 pro x64 licensing

This method requires you to have an isodownloaded from Tech Bench.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have it downloaded from Tech Bench, right click at it > click Mount> leave it there.
Now go back to your elevated command prompt, at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this command line......................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:d:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : d is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation issuccessful.
Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

You may have to run the sfc scan a few times for it to fix the files

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/37974-windows-10-build-10586-sfc-scannow.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am the Administrator.

When I go to CMD and type "sfc /scannow" I get the following message:

"You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility."

Please advise what to do in order to run sfc /scannow.

Thank you.

A:Unable to perform SFC /scannow in Windows 7

Right click the CMD choose run as admin.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/218052-unable-perform-sfc-scannow-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Windows build bit intel i - k nvidia gtx oc'ed Asus P H -I R So recently I've noticed that I have been unable to update windows When I click Check for updates it checks but it never does anything So after doing a little bit of troubleshooting online I tried doing sfc scannow to see if there were any corrupted files but then it couldn't even start because it says Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service I searched up a little more to find people talking about the TrustedInstaller service and after trying net start TrustedInstaller in cmd it says the service is already started but yet windows update nor sfc work properly I've also had issues installing the c redistributable where about halfway through the installation the error code comes up http gyazo com f e deb fbc d bf and /scannow update, more windows sfc with Issues f c e and it fails to install which is a big problem as some of my games and programs will not start without it I've tried running SFCFix a program from sysnative com but it found no corrupted files Issues with windows update, sfc /scannow and more and the log was basically empty And the last problem I'm having is that the nvidia driver crashes quite constantly anywhere from - times a day I'm not that worried about this as i suspect it's happening because it's still in beta and there's no way it's going to work flawlessly I've included the CBS log file in the attachments as well nbsp CBS log nbsp nbsp MB nbsp nbsp downloads So could anyone please help me with this issue It's stopping me from recieving all the security updates and new builds as well as a lot of updates for other programs and so on

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582911/issues-with-windows-update-sfc-scannow-and-more/
Relevancy 42.57%

I can't run process explorer anymore. It crashes at startup and i can't uninstall any programs (error while trying to uninstall... blabla)

i tried to use system restore but it didn't work.

I am at loss. I don't know what to do.

I think i will go back to windows 7.

Windows 8 doesn't do anything but cause problems.

A:sfc /scannow command messed up my windows 8

​Since it is already messed up try running sfc /scannow a couple more times & see if things get better.
Have you tried Error Checking?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20147-sfc-scannow-command-messed-up-my-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all days ago I installed the latest updates from Microsoft Then as standard procedure I ran sfc scannow and it failed was unable to repair corrupt files found I recovered my system a few times using a previous saved image until eventually narrowed down the culprit s to the /scannow failed after Update Windows sfc Optional Updates but there were too numerous to start testing verifying one by one e g installing the update running sfc scannow and if failing restoring the system and starting allover again Did a new clean installation but at some point during updates the same issue popped up again sfc scannow failed and was unable to repair corrupt files found Then I ran as Administrator dism exe online cleanup-image restorehealth which resolved the issue only to have it re-appear after installing the rest of the sfc /scannow failed after Windows Update available updates Re-running the command successfully repaired the corrupt files but now the question Why No other applications were installed all the drivers were through Windows update sfc /scannow failed after Windows Update Any thoughts

A:sfc /scannow failed after Windows Update

SFC not being able to repair corrupt files is not due to the updates. Very often SFC cannot repair files. In that case run SFC 3 times. If it is still unable to repair files, you must do a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368253-sfc-scannow-failed-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey all,

I was given a friend's laptop to try and repair - running Win7 Home 64-bit. Trying to update it to the latest Windows Updates as it hasn't been done since Dec. 2015 successfully. Ever since the, it fails. Windows Updates fail because of the error code (forget it now, will update with it later) that states the Windows Update icon is hidden, but it;s not hidden and not even LISTED in the 'Customize System Tray Icons' menu...

Checkdisk asks to run on startup, but fails due to a certain update being installed, but doesn't list the update, and I can't run SFC /scannow as it mentions there is a system repair that requires a reboot every time.......but no number of reboots ever seems to fix it to let me run scannow?

Cheers for any help and thanks!

A:Very odd Checkdisk / SFC scannow / Windows Update Issue

Is it at sp1? At start goto the cmd prompt by pressing f8 and run chkdsk c: /f from there

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400687-very-odd-checkdisk-sfc-scannow-windows-update-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Recently I had an issue with Chrome which is now solved But during solving the error to - Errors. 7 SFC Windows (Unable ScanNow repair) I done an SFC Scan as it was a windows DLL that was reporting to be in error and the scan found a few files that were un-repairable I had a look about and followed this tutorial for Windows 7 - SFC ScanNow Errors. (Unable to repair) manually replacing files Seven Forums I also downloaded a Windows Installation Disc from Digital River Here After extracting the required files from the iso files with -Zip I changed the ownership of them and Moved and Replaced the old files with the new files These are the files I replaced autochk exe blbres dll netcfgx dll mui icardres dll winshfhc dll I then re-booted in safe mode with CMD Prompt and re-scanned with SFC but the same files are reporting they are in error Are they important Is there another way to repair them I am running Windows Home Premium I have attached the most recent SFC Scan Many Thanks Ryan nbsp

A:Windows 7 - SFC ScanNow Errors. (Unable to repair)

Your problem could be indicative of a failing hard drive so copy your data to a different location and test the drive with Seagate SeaTools for DOS which can test any make of hard drive: http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Create a CD from the SeaTools ISO file with this: http://www.filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

Boot the problem PC from that CD and SeaTools will open.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-sfc-scannow-errors-unable-to-repair.1075162/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

I'm trying to run SFC /SCANNOW on Windows XP, and it's asked me to insert the Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD. I've done this, but it doesn't seem to have found it. I can get to the disc on Explorer, but it can't find it on the scan, even if I put it in prior to starting it.

The CD drive is labelled X:/ (not the Windows default of D:/) - would this make a difference? It would be very difficult to change them around, even temporarily, as D:/ has all my system files on.

Relevancy 42.14%

I just installed the latest slow ring preview build, version 14931.1000 and when I performed an SFC /SNANNOW I get to 19% and then the command comes up

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I tried three times and it always goes to 19% then this line appears.

Is there anything for me to be concerned about?

What can I do to correct it?

A:SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform....

I know about this fix;

RE : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealh.................. I get error: 0x800f081f, the source file could not be found

Use the Tech Bench link below to download YOUR version of Windows 10 iso file.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.

Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

but since this is a preview build, I don't have the ISO for it.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66144-sfc-scannow-windows-resource-protection-could-not-perform.html
Relevancy 42.14%

After sucessfully removing a lot of viruses with malwarebytes and manual cleaning.

I trying to fix the lsp by running an /SFC Scannow on the cmd; but when it was finished it said it successfully repaired a lode of files.

After a reboot, I find that my Avast, internet, lsp are all still busted and to make things worse my windows seven is no longer genuine.

My current theory is that the repair messed up an aspect of the registry spectacularly.

A repair guy is coming round my place soon but until then, it would be a great help if I knew exactly what I was dealing with.

What is the cause of the problem and how can I fix it?

(PS, I don't know if malwarebytes deleted some valuable registry when cleaning the viruses).

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379745-windows-seven-no-longer-genuine-sfc-scannow-probably-caused.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to solve a problem and have used sfc /verifyonly as using sfc /scannow results in a message after about 9%
Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation.
I have downloaded the sfcdetails.txt as described but apart from numerous
Beginning Verify and Repair transaction messages
I am no wiser.

Original problem is an error code 8007010B running windows update.

A:sfc /scannow gives Windows Resource Protection could not perform

Hi MacNala, welcome to Seven Forums.
Read this. SFC Commands.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/333501-sfc-scannow-gives-windows-resource-protection-could-not-perform.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey I have a problem which I hope some of you may be able to answer I have a desktop running Windows x which no matter what I try just wont remember the WIFI I connect to at home Each time I boot error 8 /scannow SFC and - Windows wireless problems up the PC I have to enter the details again I tried everything several times new drivers and pretty Windows 8 - SFC /scannow error and wireless problems much every suggestion given by searching on different forums I tell this because when I tried Windows 8 - SFC /scannow error and wireless problems running the quot sfc scannow quot in an elevated cmd it comes up with Windows 8 - SFC /scannow error and wireless problems an error http www neowin net forum uploads jpg Error is the same as above looking into the CBS log it does mention it's unable to repair numerours files including some with relations to wireless so I don't know if they are connected or not The wireless Network Card is the USB-N by Asus The wireless network works just fine on my laptop and my GFs Macbook Anyone have any idea as how to fix the remember WIFI details and the quot sfc scannow quot Kind regards Jens

A:Windows 8 - SFC /scannow error and wireless problems

Run:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in administrator command prompt.
Reboot.
Run sfc /scannow again.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/27815-windows-8-sfc-scannow-error-wireless-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have Windows Pro and a HP Envy Notebook I am able to boot into Windows and had no apparent problems when everything froze up yesterday while working in Quicken After waiting several minutes with no change and and unresponsive keyboard and touchscreen I pressed control alt del and I got a blank BSOD After waiting several more minutes I pressed the button down for several seconds to turn off the notebook removed battery reinserted battery and then Windows unable fix to /scannow 8.1 sfc corrupted Pro files turned the the notebook back on After rebooting into Windows there were no apparent problems I decided to run sfc scannow and discovered that there are several corrupted files that cannot be repaired I ran the scan several times rebooting each time but the corrupted files persisted Where do I go from here Thank you BTW in the Event Viewer there were no application Windows 8.1 Pro sfc /scannow unable to fix corrupted files errors I did see several MCUpdate errors which began on today is Again thank you for any help I'm not very computer literate so I have no idea where to go from here and am hoping I do not have to do a reinstallation I do have the HP rescue discs however that I burned when I got the computer along with a thumb drive that enables me to boot up although again I have no problem booting into windows I use Firefox never Windows Explorer FWIW Thanx

A:Windows 8.1 Pro sfc /scannow unable to fix corrupted files

Type this into an elevated command prompt:

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

Tell me the results.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/68652-windows-8-1-pro-sfc-scannow-unable-fix-corrupted-files.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Great info at this site so I hope someone can help me out First off I am running Vista Home SP on a Toshiba Satellite A with GB Ram About months ago the Windows Update of SP got stalled and did not finish Since then Windows Update has not been for the most part updating Additionally Windows Explorer crashes at least out of every sessions Another symptom is that the CPU usage unexpectedly spikes and the computer runs hot I have ignored this as long as possible but tonite it made video playback on Netflix extremely choppy and that was the last straw Here is what I have googled and done over can't Update; Can't sfc files repair Windows /scannow the last hours to attempt to fix this I know just barely enough about computers to be dangerous to myself I suspected my machine needed an update Tried again to install Windows updates but failed Got error Thought it might be a corrupted registry file Stupidly I ran a program called Error End that I found at wiki-errors com After the scan I uninstalled Error End and went to CNET and found both Wise Registry Cleaner and Free Window Registry Repair I had a Can't Windows Update; sfc /scannow can't repair files ton of errors detected by Wise amp by FWRR so I fixed them Still no luck with Windows Update Found a post that made me suspect malware virus which led me to a post on this forum I then downloaded and ran rkill exe with Can't Windows Update; sfc /scannow can't repair files clean results I updated Malwarebytes and ran full scan Unfortunately my ADD got the better of me and after minutes running with infections I stopped the scan I know stupid I didn Can't Windows Update; sfc /scannow can't repair files t run this in Safe Mode nor did I download and run the antivirus that was recommended Still no luck with Windows Update Found a forum post from a MS Tech that recommended cleaning out temp folders and running disk clean up When I did this Immunet detected and quarantined a Trojan w trojan dcd He also recommended a system scan and disk check Moved on to running sfc scannow and chkdisc The scan came back that quot Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service quot but the disk check was clean I have attached the part of the CBS log from that scan to this post nbsp sfc scannow cbslog txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads There appears to be two entries that are corrupted t ngr quot of Microsoft-Windows-SpeechRecognizerENU ale quot mfc u dll quot of Microsoft VC MFC At this point I know I m out of my league and could use some bleeping help I do not have my installation disks to repair with Also I would like to keep the data from this computer but if push comes to shove I can live without it Hopefully someone here can save me a trip and expense of taking my machine into a computer shop Don t have much to barter with but as a casino exec I could certainly teach you how to count cards at Blackjack lol Thanks in advance Tim PS Going to sleep for a few hours so I m gonna let the Malwarebytes full scan run while I m asleep

A:Can't Windows Update; sfc /scannow can't repair files

Hi,

I too have the same issue with this t1033.ngr file.
I've tried to find a stand-a-lone speech rec. installer but can only pull up macros for it.

Thanks for any help.

The Path:
c:\Windows\Speech\Engines\SR\en-US\
c:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..chrecognizerenu.ale_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_2a26b846c28f1791\

Report from SFC:
2011-12-07 13:40:14, Info CSI 000002dc [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"t1033.ngr" of Microsoft-Windows-SpeechRecognizerENU.ale, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

2011-12-07 13:40:15, Info CSI 000002de [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"t1033.ngr" of Microsoft-Windows-SpeechRecognizerENU.ale, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

2011-12-07 13:40:15, Info CSI 000002df [SR] This component was referenced by [l:288{144}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.1.7601.17514.Microsoft-Windows-SpeechRecognizer-Deployment-LanguagePack"

2011-12-07 13:40:17, Info CSI 000002e2 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:76{38}]"\??\C:\Windows\Speech\Engines\SR\en-US"\[l:18{9}]"t1033.ngr"; source file in store is also corrupted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414974/cant-windows-update;-sfc-scannow-cant-repair-files/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey, I'm using a Windows 8.1 64-bit OS and have been running into a few BSOD problems (notable REFERENCE_TO_POINTER and BAD_HEADER_POOL errors). I've tried testing my memory using memtest86 and checking for viruses to no avail. A recent SFC scan has come up with a few corrupted files but I'm not sure how to fix 'em.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 8.1: How to fix corrupted files found by SFC /SCANNOW?

Hello MrTastix, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since this is a Windows 8.1 issue, I would recommend to post at our sister site www.eightforums.com instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/370453-windows-8-1-how-fix-corrupted-files-found-sfc-scannow.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I was having computer issues after a faulty driver install So to make it easy on failure 64 7 Issue forms.dll? with /scannow amd/windows SFC bit myself I decided to do a full reformat and re-install of Windows Got everything up to date service pack installed as well as the other windows updates But my computer keeps freezing throughout the night or windows suddenly crashes and causes a reboot with the message that it did not shut down properly So I did memtest fine Dskchk turned out fine Issue with 64 bit amd/windows 7 forms.dll? SFC /scannow failure as well Then I ran SFC scannow from an elevated command prompt It gives me an error stating that problems were found that it could not repair This is my sfcdetails txt contents Quote - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot System Windows Forms dll quot of NetFx-System Windows Forms Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope neutral PublicKeyToken l b b f f f d a a Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey Issue with 64 bit amd/windows 7 forms.dll? SFC /scannow failure neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot System Windows Forms dll quot of NetFx-System Windows Forms Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope neutral PublicKeyToken l b b f f f d a a Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI a SR Cannot repair member file l quot System Windows Forms dll quot of NetFx-System Windows Forms Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope neutral PublicKeyToken l b b f f f d a a Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI c SR Cannot repair member file l quot System Windows Forms dll quot of NetFx-System Windows Forms Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope neutral PublicKeyToken l b b f f f d a a Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI a SR Cannot repair member file l quot System Windows Forms dll quot of NetFx-System Windows Forms Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope neutral PublicKeyToken l b b f f f d a a Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI a SR Cannot repair member file l quot System Windows Forms dll quot of NetFx-System Windows Forms Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope neutral PublicKeyToken l b b f f f d a a Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch Long time visitor and you guys have helped me solve issues before this is my first time posting though so you know I'm stumped Perhaps one of you true genius types might know more Thanks in advance and hello Edit Hardware specs in case they are needed Asus M A XTD EVO MSI Twin Frozr Geforce GTX Ti AMD Athlon Phenom II X processor GHZ quad core Ripjaw GB PC ram x Western Digital TB hard drives USB Netgear n DB wireless network adapter Merc Stealth Gaming keyboard Logitech G gaming mouse Samsung quot Syncmaster P

A:Issue with 64 bit amd/windows 7 forms.dll? SFC /scannow failure

Try running it several times it can't fix them all at once. Also you can replace system files from your installation dvd but since you have installed sp1 it would have to be one that has sp1 already slipstream or is bought that way. You also have to take ownership of the files that you would be replacing.

Take Ownership Shortcut

Extract Files from Windows 7 Installation DVD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184808-issue-64-bit-amd-windows-7-forms-dll-sfc-scannow-failure.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, After the third try, I was trying to run down a forced Win10 update error while updating the drivers for my HP printer.
HP driver update for HP LaserJet 400 M401 PCL 6 - Error 0x80240017

Found via Google try; /SFC /scannow and the DISM /RestoreHealth which gave me errors very similar to this post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585031/dismexe-restorehealth-produces-error-0x800f081f/

I followed each of the steps taken by Big Benny and I'm coming up with the same errors. Could someone much more talented (ie: knows what the heck he/she's doing) than I help here?

Attached are my logs;

Thank you in advance,
Paulie

A:Windows 10 another SFC /Scannow DISM /RestoreHealth fix needed

I think the proper steps would be...

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

dism /online /clean-image /restorehealth

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585801/windows-10-another-sfc-scannow-dism-restorehealth-fix-needed/
Relevancy 42.14%

Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -WJ H -R B after dnsapi.dll /scannow genuine Windows sfc following missing not D- QJB Windows Product Key Hash ckKNc BBPDWmo LUlOkraNjlQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID C D C- DBA- C- DC- A Is Admin Windows not genuine after sfc /scannow following missing dnsapi.dll Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows not genuine after sfc /scannow following missing dnsapi.dll Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt C D C- DBA- C- DC- A lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - QJB lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Acer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Aspire lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Acer lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B B FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition run 'slui exe x a xC F ' to display the error text Error xC F Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current MAAAAAEAAQABAAIAAAABAAAAAwABAAEAonYIihwpoMTmu wMizsLB LNgsI xd OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes Windows marker version x OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent yes BIOS Information ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value APIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT FACP ACRSYS ACRPRDCT HPET ACRSYS ACRPRDCT BOOT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT MCFG ACRSYS ACRPRDCT ASF ACRSYS ACRPRDCT SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT ASPT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT SSDT PmRef CpuPm SSDT PmRef CpuPm SSDT PmRef CpuPm I would be very grateful for any guidance The order of events if relevant were as follows After weeks of being shutdown a string of updates including a Firefox update led to browsers except an old copy of Opera not working Firefox c... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383817-windows-not-genuine-after-sfc-scannow-following-missing-dnsapi-dll.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi -- We have the computers on our home network all from /scannow account? won't Home Windows passworded XP sfc run of them WinXP Windows XP Home sfc /scannow won't run from passworded account? Home SP set up to implement quot poor man s disaster recovery quot all of our machines are set up so that the default directory for data files for applications critical to work and school eg Word Excel Powerpoint docs is each user s home directory on a single machine -- and that machine runs scheduled tasks at am and am respectively to copy any changes in those directories to a backup copy on each of other machines Short of a disaster that destroys all of the machines simultaneously that gives us reasonable and inexpensive recovery from inevitable disk crashes The scheduled tasks that do the copying run as one of the users on the main machine a user account present on the backup machines as well WinXP Home seems to require that that user account have a nonblank password on the main machine in order to run scheduled tasks I notice that I am unable to run sfc scannow as that user even though that user is an administrator I get the message You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the Windo ws File Checker utility I am able to run sfc scannow as another user that is an administrator but does not have a nonblank password Any idea why this is so What s going on here TIA -- Phil

A:Windows XP Home sfc /scannow won't run from passworded account?

Hi -
Just a quick observation , do you insert the XP CD when you try to run the System File Checker as you do not mention this -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369761/windows-xp-home-sfc-scannow-wont-run-from-passworded-account/
Relevancy 42.14%

Helping with a Dell Demension 2400 computer with Windows XP Home SP1 on it.
I was running sfc /scannow and it says it needed some dlls anyway it says put in your Windows Professional SP1 Disk.
What does that mean? why windows Pro and why not the system disk? why windows Professional and Sp1? anyway I am helping a girl with this computer and I can't get ahold of her for her system disk but is that what it is asking for or is it really asking for windows XP Professional SP1 DISK. Can someone help me here. Her computer was all messed up with virues and spyware etc and it is finally all clean and ready to go except for this. I think it is running a little bad cause it needs those dlls. I hope someone will know, Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/widows-xp-home-sp1-scannow-says-put-in-windows-pro-sp1-disk-help.401833/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey all,

I was given a friend's laptop to try and repair - running Win7 Home 64-bit. Trying to update it to the latest Windows Updates as it hasn't been done since Dec. 2015 successfully. Ever since the, it fails. Windows Updates fail because of the error code (forget it now, will update with it later) that states the Windows Update icon is hidden, but it;s not hidden and not even LISTED in the 'Customize System Tray Icons' menu...

Checkdisk asks to run on startup, but fails due to a certain update being installed, but doesn't list the update, and I can't run SFC /scannow as it mentions there is an error on the disk.......but I can't run checkdisk because of the failure listed above. It's a Catch 22 situation.....any ideas?

Cheers and thanks!

A:Very odd Checkdisk / SFC scannow / Windows Update Issue

Please dont double post

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400686-very-odd-checkdisk-sfc-scannow-windows-update-issue.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I currently have three Email Accounts. 1 x Windows Mail, and 2 x Windows Live Mail.

I would like to clean out all the File Folders in both locations, but still preserve my existing Folder setups, at the same time.

If I try to Export the Message contents of a Folder to DVD [E:/ Folder], I get this Error message;
Is there any way that I can get around this, so that I can create a DVD Archive of all of my Emails.

Basically, I just wish to clear out all the old Emails from each Account, but still retain a record of them, at the same time.

A:I want to save Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Folder Contents, to a DVD Archive.

Hello Tony,

You will need to export to a empty folder on your desktop first, then copy that folder to the DVD, or place that folder in a ZIP and copy the ZIP to the DVD.

Windows Mail - Messages

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/262852-i-want-save-windows-mail-windows-live-mail-folder-contents-dvd-archive.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My sister-in-law?s Window Mail is now inoperative and now wants to use Windows Live Mail instead. I have installed a Windows Live Mail POP account for her on my computer which is working satisfactory but she wants her old Windows Mail messages.

I managed to have save her Windows Mail message store file for her and I am attempting to make it work in Windows Live Mail.
I have replaced the Windows Live Mail message store file with the Windows Mail message store file
but it does not recognise it and when the recover option is used nothing happens.

Any ideas please how I can make the old Windows Mail message store open in Windows Live Mail.

A:How can I make Windows Mail message store work in Windows Live Mail

Read here.
Windows Live Mail - Import Windows Mail Messages

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/284747-how-can-i-make-windows-mail-message-store-work-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey
So every time i run the command i get this:

This started to happen after doing a fresh install,and i'm 100% sure that windows updates are causing this,did a fresh OS install twice,the second time i kept running the command every time after installing a couple of updates, and the sfc/scannow runs fine(thats without doing anything at all other than installing windows updates),when reaching the security updates along with some windows update (think they're around 178mb in total) this error starts to happen,here's the CBS log:

A:Windows found corrupt files but was unable to fix(sfc/scannow)

Hi VXER
I had a similar issue sfc /scannow failed after Windows Update
Have you tried this? (as Admin instead of sfc /scannow)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/369378-windows-found-corrupt-files-but-unable-fix-sfc-scannow.html
Relevancy 41.71%

This is rather annoying, I have been updating a few computers to Windows 10 the last week, with only one computer seeming to have this issue.  The system seems fine, just seems to take a bit longer to load up the keyboard driver at login.  To cover basics I ran sfc /scannow in Admin cmd, only to have the following after Verification completion displayed as results: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.  Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log."  by the looks of it, the 'corrupt' files seem to be just 44x44 png files for MicrosoftEdge.  Running DISM also fails with error 6800.  Attaching both log files to this post - any help is appreciative.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585443/fresh-upgrade-on-windows-7-pro-64-bit-sfc-scannow-shows-corruption/
Relevancy 41.71%

Recently my Windows 7 was infected by a bad-ass virus. It destroyed almost all of the Windows Services and corrupted many other System Variables. I then installed ComboFix and it deleted the virus but most the services still don't work properly and i have tried sfc /SCANNOW in all the possible ways (Running it in boot, Repair Disc etc.) but it could not fix it. Please tell me how to repair my system (Windows 7 SP1) back to the way it was. Please tell me what will i have to provide about my system and any other information.

This is the sfc REPORT sfcdetails.txt

A:sfc /SCANNOW not working (Windows Resource Protection Corupted!

Hello Asjunsmoker, and welcome to Seven Forums.

See if going through the items listed in the blue note box under step 4 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below may be able to help with this. SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Considering you had a virus, you might consider doing a clean install of Windows instead to help make sure that your system is clean and start with a fresh install.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/319318-sfc-scannow-not-working-windows-resource-protection-corupted.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Is there anyway I can do this without the cdrom Windows XP Pro SP cdrom is not working anyway biut here is the error message from scannow I ran sfc scannow and it gets just a lilttle way through and comes up and says files that are required for windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL CACHE Insert you to Solved: XP says /scannow Windows have disk-sfc required t have have no I SP2-need Pro dlls windows xp Pro cdrom now The trouble is I don t have a window cdrom and the guy who owns the computer says he loaned his disk to somebody and never got it back is there a way to download all the dlls for window xp pro and just put them all in or anyway I can get around putting the disk in the cdrom isn t working yet anyway so Solved: Windows XP Pro SP2-need required dlls have no disk-sfc /scannow says I have to have t I need a way to get the dlls Solved: Windows XP Pro SP2-need required dlls have no disk-sfc /scannow says I have to have t in the cache it does not say which ones so can I put them Solved: Windows XP Pro SP2-need required dlls have no disk-sfc /scannow says I have to have t all in or how would you do that Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows XP Pro SP2-need required dlls have no disk-sfc /scannow says I have to have t

ya need the disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-pro-sp2-need-required-dlls-have-no-disk-sfc-scannow-says-i-have-to-have-t.343854/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi

I installed my windows 10 4x already now: used 3x the reinstall option they give under settings and 1x a different way and formated the hole station and it downloaded a completly new image so I don't know what's going on here:

This is my log already from sfc scannow in attatched files.

I've used:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

as well and when I used " RestoreHealth command I got an error which said " source could not be found..."

I hope someone can help me with this problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598002/4-time-reinstalled-windows-corruption-still-found-sfc-scannow/
Relevancy 41.71%

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200](c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>sfc/scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.
The system file repair changes will take effect after the next reboot.

any help appreciated

btw here's the sfcdetails ( i used this command findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt )

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8Ia...it?usp=sharing

A:sfc/scannow : Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...

Hello yahyoh,

You could run the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command to repair any component store corruption, restart the PC afterwards, and try the sfc /scannow command again to see if it's able to repair them afterwards.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/30427-sfc-scannow-windows-resource-protection-found-corrupt.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My laptop recently died and it turned out the hardrive had come lose. I plugged it back in but now when it tries to boot up it keeps trying to do a system repair. The system repair keeps reporting that it cant find any faults, but wont fully load windows. I think I need to repair the windows files on the drive.

To try and rectify this, Ive took the laptop hardrive out, plugged it into my PC, and run chkdsk on it which found some faults and said it resolved them. Id now like to run sfc /scannow on the drive.

Im using this in the command line 'sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows' where d is the external drive but it comes up saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

Any ideas how to get by this?

Thanks.

A:Run sfc/scannow on external hardrive to restore windows settings

Are you running sfc from a Elevated Command Prompt?
Are you sure the drive is D: ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372652-run-sfc-scannow-external-hardrive-restore-windows-settings.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi every one, i run sfc /scannow and have damage files but cant repair, also i run CHKDSK /F and then run again sfc /scannow but the files cant reparing, tell me what files you need to analyze i supouse CBS.log cause appears on CMD...

I want to install Virtua Tennis 4 and when i finish the instalation and try running the laucher says "Virtua Tennis 4 Stop Working" CBS.log
Hope you can help me here to solve this damage files, thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 - sfc /scannow found corrupt files but unable to fix

The best way to repair is with a repair install
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/171298-windows-7-sfc-scannow-found-corrupt-files-but-unable-fix.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Dear
Getting one issue with my laptop.
Installed with Win7 pro 64.

Whan i tried to ipdate with WU getting the error 800737D
So i tried sfc /scannow and i get the error : windows ressource protection cannot apply asked operation (french version)

After many search i found the CheckSUR.log and it contains some errors

(end of filel)
ummary:
Seconds executed: 1022
Found 29 errors
CSI Manifest Missing Total count: 1
CSI Corrupt Component Keyform Total count: 2
CSI Corrupt Identity Total count: 1
CSI C Mark Deployment Missing Total count: 25
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_3a2710bsb3cad92001b58ea56989b2b8_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.17966_none_6de19eb 30ab4535d.manifest

You will find CBS.zip in attachement.

I saw on this forum some users who get help on those issue.
I really dont know how to solve it and i prefered not reinstall system.

Thanks for your help!

A:Windows Update 8007370D - sfc /scannow doesnt work

We still need the SFC results in the CBS.log (or CBSPersist files) - it should help us work out why SFC failed - it wasn't in what was uploaded.

You had fairly massive corruption when you first ran CheckSUR back in March - it fixed everything apart from the current error at that time.

I'll post a fix protocol for the manifest problem soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373990-windows-update-8007370d-sfc-scannow-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 41.71%

All the sudden today, I get Windows Explorer has stopped working dialog box, which then causes win 7 to go completely black. Tried a couple restore points but they either failed or didn't fix.
I also get this usually now when logging into windows.
Was able to get in and run a scannow.
See file. How do I fix these errors?

I have a Dell with the factory oem win 7 disk.
win 7 64bit.

A:Started getting Windows Explorer stopped working, here is scannow

Just personal opinon but I'd opt for a Repair Install as the quickest way to try to fix these issues.

Repair Install

As the second warning says:

"You cannot use a OEM Windows 7 "Factory" Restore/Recovery type of installation disc that came with or created from a store bought computer to do a repair install with. These can only be used do a clean install instead."

So make sure your factory oem win 7 disk is an actual installation disk and not a Recovery disk. If you need an actual install disk your can download the ISO from here and save it to your desktop. Then burn it to a DVD. You'd use the 25-digit Product Key that's on a sticker on your computer when it comes time to reactivate with Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239954-started-getting-windows-explorer-stopped-working-here-scannow.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello All I've been digging around the site for a view days trying to solve not SFC Windows se start Protection /scannow could the repair Resource this problem Earlier this week my computer would not reach log in screen It started with a series of BSOD related to BlueCoat K and AVG I entered safe mood and removed AVG and the system was able to reach log in but hanged setting up desktop or failed to access file Repaired using chkdsk r at boot up Now I am able to log on and the computer appears stable although it has not been left on for along period of time Here is the issue SFC /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair se SFC Verifyonly shows errors however unable to run because of said issue in title Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service I've checked for pending xml--- none found Launched install disk to repair but still doesn't work I really don't want to do a repair install which seems to be what every one ends up doing Please help

A:SFC /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair se

Hi did u run cmd.exe as aministrator???...i think just start normal windows but right click on cmd and click on run as aministrator ...it will be ok i think......

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/312942-sfc-scannow-windows-resource-protection-could-not-start-repair-se.html
Relevancy 41.28%

One of my computers has 3 or 4 emails that dropped into the junk mail folder in my Windows Live Mail for Windows 7 and I cannot seem to get rid of them.  I have tried to repair it in the control panel, and have tried a couple suggestions and steps from the internet, but I still cannot get rid of them. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get rid of it?  Should I just delete the Junk folder all together, and then create a new one? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Need assistance to delete junk mail from Windows Live Mail for Windows 7

Nevermind,

I just figured it out by accident.

there was a little 'x' to the right of the junk mail box on the left hand side of windows live, I hovered my mouse over it, and the words, "empty this folder" came up.  I clicked on it, and like magic, the junk emails disappeared.  Woot!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509098/need-assistance-to-delete-junk-mail-from-windows-live-mail-for-windows-7/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have read many of the Issues Mail Live Send/Receive and Windows Mail Windows other Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Issues forum Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Issues threads hoping to solve this issue to no avail I have been running Windows Mail on my laptop for seven months now with no issue After changing my password Windows Mail no longer wants to send or receive email I have tried many things from other people's successes to solve this problem - Changed my password again note both password changes have been successful in my webmail and in downloading to my Blackberry - Removed the email account and readded it - Disabled the auto scan components of McAfee - Uninstalled McAfee - Repeated earlier deletions and additions of my email account - Downloaded Windows Live Mail to the same errors and repeat of the above - Reset my password account through the email host server Here is the error message from Windows Live Mail Unable to send or receive messages for the christine account An incorrect password was entered The next time you send or receive messages you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account Server Error x CCC Server Response -ERR Login failed Server 'mail unionevents com' Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC Protocol POP Port Secure SSL No Any suggestions Both my tech-savvy friend and I are at a loss

A:Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Issues

Just a guess, you changed your password at the website of your email provider, did you also change it on Windows Mail?

Sure that they are identical?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/275075-windows-mail-windows-live-mail-send-receive-issues.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey everyone I have been on a mission to solve this problem I've been seeking out and posting on several MS tech computer support forums looking for an answer I've also spent quite a bit of time googling for a solution on my own So far I have come up empty handed Live Mail Mail contact into Import groups Windows Windows My situtaiton and problem is as follows I'm working in a small office where we have some computers running Windows Vista and using Windows Mail version We have hundreds of contacts and a couple of contact groups on these computer A few months ago we got two new computers which are using Windows XP and Windows Live mail version build Other computers in the office still have Vista and the other version of Windows Mail I have been able to export our hundreds of contacts and import them into Windows Live Mail so Import Windows Mail contact groups into Windows Live Mail the new computers have all of the contacts however I was unable to find a way to import the groups These groups are all very large and consist mostly entirely out of contacts which don't have individual contact entries I have been googling to find a solution to this problem The closest page I could find was this one http www sevenforums com tutorials ct-groups html I was very discouraged when I saw the big red warning near the top of the page --------------- In Contact Groups from Vista only the contacts that are also included as normal Contacts will be imported into Windows Live Mail Contacts that were created for the Contact Group only will not be imported into Windows Live Mail You will need to write these down and manually add them back into Windows Live Mail --------------- This pretty much described my situtation exactly but manually going through all the groups writing down all the contacts then manually importing into two separate machines would take forever and is simply not an option Is there really no other way I can get these groups into Windows Live Mail I find it extremely hard to believe that this basic or at least it should be basic task is simply IMPOSSIBLE to do but that seems to be the only response I've been getting so far Another thing is that I have several years computer programming experience so if there really is no way to do this with existing tools I don't mind writing my own tool but in order to do so I'd need file format details of both the old Windows Mail group files and the Windows Live Mail monolithic contact file I have been unable to dig up any information on either of them Can anybody point me in the right direction here Thanks so much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/import-windows-mail-contact-groups-into-windows-live-mail-433734.html
Relevancy 41.28%
A:SFC /SCANNOW - Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files

My Windows 7 installation is running worse than it was before after following a YouTube Tutorial on optimization. Also, running SFC /SCANNOW tells me that "Windows Resource Protection found corruptfiles, but was unable to fix some of them." Running SFC /SCANNOW /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows yields the same result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/374073-sfc-scannow-windows-resource-protection-found-corrupt-files.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My Windows Search function stopped indexing emails a month or so ago and later stopped indexing anything It always told me that there was some enormous number of items not yet indexed I tried various fixes found on the Internet running the troubleshooter it finds nothing wrong rebuild the index turn off and then back on both Search and Indexing delete the Windows edb file this cause problems and forced me to do a system restore Then I corrupt files detected plus Scannow Windows Search problems tried running Scannow and it reports that it found corrupted files but was unable to fix some It creates a log that I will attach here I have no idea Scannow detected corrupt files plus Windows Search problems what to do about it Windows came installed on my computer and I don't Scannow detected corrupt files plus Windows Search problems have a Windows CD I have Scannow detected corrupt files plus Windows Search problems a recovery drive on the Asus but pressing F only seemed to give me an option to uninstall rather than repair I don't want to have to go through reinstalling all my programs The only restore point that I have that predates the problem is from a couple of years ago and I'm afraid this might also require me to do lots of reinstallations of other things or does it not affect other software Anyway the CBS log file is attached and any suggestions would be appreciated When I check what the indexing status is it always says quot items indexed quot now but claims it is indexing I left the computer set not to sleep overnight with nothing else running and it still says items indexed

A:Scannow detected corrupt files plus Windows Search problems

Run sfc /scannow 3 times, one consecutively after the other...report back the final result.

Perform a manual index:
Index - Rebuild

Check that indexing is turned on:
Index - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329933-scannow-detected-corrupt-files-plus-windows-search-problems.html
Relevancy 41.28%

First off Hello I'm new on here nice to meet ya. Secondly I hope you can offer me some advice before I purposely blow up my desktop

I'm running windows 7 32bit, I just now begun noticing problems with my computer when the windows update service kept displaying the same updates and never would search for new updates, so I ended up forcing it to search and I got the the dreaded 80073712 error code, Done some searching on the Microsoft website tried their fix it stuff which normally does work, this time nothing worked. so tried to run a sfc scan through command prompt as admin and I got the "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation before the scan even started. 

Please help me!

A:sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not perform requested operation

Hi. I have a similar problem like arkham862. I cannot download only KB3031432 in Windows Update (is it crucial to update)? I have tried sfc via administrator, tweaking.com Windows and by safe mode. Thx.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568086/sfc-scannow-windows-resource-protection-could-not-perform-requested-operation/
Relevancy 41.28%

- - Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp F STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND from Windows Rtl SystemImplementation DirectFileSystemProvider SysCreateFile flags AllowSharingViolation handle provider NULL handle da SYNCHRONIZE FILE READ ATTRIBUTES oa x bc b - gt OBJECT ATTRIBUTES s rd NULL on quot C Windows WinSxS amd atiilhag inf resources bf ad e zh-cn d a ddfebc ffd finishes Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider /scannow error with early sfc quot a OBJ CASE INSENSITIVE iosb x sfc /scannow finishes early with error Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider bc as null fa sa FILE SHARE READ FILE SHARE WRITE FILE SHARE DELETE cd FILE OPEN co FILE SYNCHRONOUS IO NONALERT x eab NULL eal disp Invalid gle xd - - Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp F d w rtm base wcp sil merged ntu ntsystem cpp Error STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND originated in function Windows Rtl SystemImplementation DirectFileSystemProvider SysCreateFile expression null gle x sfc /scannow finishes early with error Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider - - Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp F STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND from Windows Rtl SystemImplementation CDirectory OpenExistingDirectory gle xd - - Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp F STATUS OBJECT NAME NOT FOUND from Windows Rtl SystemImplementation CDirectory IRtlDirectoryTearoff OpenExistingDirectory flags da SYNCHRONIZE oa x bd a - gt SIL OBJECT ATTRIBUTES s on quot amd atiilhag inf resources bf ad e zh-cn d a ddfebc ffd quot a OBJ CASE INSENSITIVE sa FILE SHARE READ FILE SHARE WRITE FILE SHARE DELETE oo FILE DIRECTORY FILE FILE SYNCHRONOUS IO NONALERT FILE OPEN FOR BACKUP INTENT dir NULL disp Invalid gle xd Can someone please point me at what this means I am not keen on doing a system restore as I have left this too long

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c0e2ddc5-6e87-4e81-b0a9-9b6de9906910/sfc-scannow-finishes-early-with-error-windowsrtlsystemimplementationdirectfilesystemprovider?forum=itprovistaannouncements
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a laptop which is having difficulty with Resource could service the Windows SFC Protection not Scannow start repair explorer hanging or restarting I have SFC Scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service scanned with ESET and also Superantispyware and it is registering as clean Although it was infected by malware over a year ago which was SFC Scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service cleaned and all seemed well I have tried to run sfc scannow and had the message above It wont run either in recovery environment or in normal mode The laptop is running Windows HP bit There SFC Scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service is a problem by the look of it on the components registry hive which has not updated since March all other hives seem to be up to date Internet Explorer had loads of installed junky toolbars and plugins which I have disabled and removed I installed Firefox to avoid all the junk to use as a cleaner browser whilst troubleshooting The laptop browses the internet OK but tends to be very slow on refreshing web pages at times Any help you can give would be most appreciated J

A:SFC Scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service

Instructions for a Windows 7 Repair installation.

A Windows 7 Repair Installation will require a installation disc.

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation disc you can download a free legal ISO image of Windows 7 SP1 at  Windows 7 Forums.  You will need to download the same version of Windows 7 that you have installed,  This image is hosted by the Digital River store which is an official distribution partner of Microsoft.  This is a genuine untouched image which is safe to download. 

Attention:  If you do have a Windows installation disc, skip Part A and go to Part B, Step 1b.

Part A, Steps 1a - 6a

How to burn ISO image using Windows Burn Disk Image.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close. 

Please note:  In order to boot from this DVD you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Part B, Steps 1b - 10b

1b)  Place the installation disc in the tray of the CD/DVD drive, close the tray and restart the computer.

2b)  You will be prompted to press any key to start the installation, I find the space bar handy.

At this point the setup process will load files, this will take several minutes.

3b)  You will now need to choose the  Language, Time, currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use.

After this is done click on Next.

4b)  Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.

This link will begin the Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

5b)  System Recovery Options will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations.  This will take several minutes.

No participation is required on your part at this time, wait till it has finished and the next window opens.

6b)  Choose the Windows 7 installation that you'd like to perform the Startup Repair on, then click on Next

7b)  Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

For a future reference, there are several other diagnostic and recovery tools available in the Windows 7 System Recovery Options including System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, and Command Prompt.

8b)  The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems in the system files.

If Startup Repair finds a problem with any system files the tool may suggest a solution which you will need to confirm, or may solve the problem automatically.

9b)  Startup Repair will now attempt to repair whatever problems it found with system files.  

Note:  If Startup Repair did not find any problems with system files you won't see this step.

Important: Your computer may or may not restart several times during this repair process.  This is normal, yo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554515/sfc-scannow-windows-resource-protection-could-not-start-the-repair-service/
Relevancy 41.28%

I searched the forums, but I have not managed to find anything dealing with my specific issues and I'm not sure how to interpret the results. I have attached my sfcdetails.txt and system specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 random freeze/crash & sfc /scannow Unable to fix errors

Quote: Originally Posted by KeyFox

I searched the forums, but I have not managed to find anything dealing with my specific issues and I'm not sure how to interpret the results. I have attached my sfcdetails.txt and system specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't see an attachment for the SFC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280132-windows-7-random-freeze-crash-sfc-scannow-unable-fix-errors.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Specs:
Win7 home prem
64 bit

Running sfc /scannow as administrator. scannow stops at 64% EVERY time.
I've run chkdsk. . no errors. Have not run in safe mode. Never had to before.
First received:
err msg from "window command processor"
Then received err msg "Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation." Received this 3 times in a row.

I have run scannow successfully in the past without issue. This is a first.

I welcome any ideas on a fix.

A:sfc scannow error "windows resource protection could not perform . . .

Hello eradicus and welcome to Seven Forums.

What prompted you to run System File Checker? Were you having specific problems?

See if this Microsoft forum thread helps.

Error message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the - Microsoft Answers

If still having issues you might consider using System Restore to go back to a date/time sdprior to your original issues.

System Restore

And if you'd rather not wait for assistance in figuring out the cbs.log info you could opt for a repair install.

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/174439-sfc-scannow-error-windows-resource-protection-could-not-perform.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello guys.

Recently I performed a sfc/scannow on Command Prompt. It said it found some corrupted files but was unable to fix them. May I know if anyone of you knows how to read the log that it generates so that you can let me know what and how to fix those corrupted files?

Thank you for your help!

A:sfc/scannow - Windows Resource Protection unable to fix corrupted files

Click or tap on Search, then type cmd in the Search box.

cmd will appear under Apps, right click on it and in the options at the bottom of the page choose Run as administrator.  This will open the Elevated Command Prompt.

In the Elevated Command Prompt type in the following command followed by pressing the Enter key for each command.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554631/sfcscannow-windows-resource-protection-unable-to-fix-corrupted-files/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys, since a few days im not able to search for any windows updates. i get the error message 08007002. i tried to follow all 4 (5) steps before posting here to help you to understand and analyze my problem. i downloaded and run SURT. But i can not complete second step as i get the following message with SFC Scan:

Windows Resource Protection Could Not Start the Repair Service im running windows 7 (german version) so i try my best to get the messages translated correctly. when trying to start Windows Modules Installer i get the following message: System Error 2. i tried to start it with cmd.exe and manually (services.msc), but since i get the mentioned error i cant run sfc /scannow.

I hope you can help me somehow to solve this mess...

A:Windows Update Error Message 080070002 - sfc /scannow not working

CBS.zip this is what i can offer you now. im not sure if the file contains necessary information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378765-windows-update-error-message-080070002-sfc-scannow-not-working.html