Windows Support Forum

IE 9 mouse gestures wanted

Q: IE 9 mouse gestures wanted

Would like recommendations for good mouse gestures program to use with IE9 and Windows 7. Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IE 9 mouse gestures wanted

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: IE 9 mouse gestures wanted

Hi,
I use Mouse Gestures for Internet Explorer
It Work fine

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/182407-ie-9-mouse-gestures-wanted.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone, any chance to get the mouse gesture extension working on a "new tab"?
It's quite annoying for example to open up a new tab by mouse gesture by accident and then not to be able to close it with a mouse gesture.
And is there a drag and drop extension available or plannend? --> Mark a word and drag it to open up a new tab with the search results of google.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/444554-mouse-gestures-new-tab.html
Relevancy 64.5%

They are so freaking irritating!! Please tell me! I use a ELAN Mousepad.

A:How do i disable mouse gestures?

allegedely it doesnt work for me thou.

Control panel >>LARGE icons select mouse then props then elan then turn off when USB mouse attached,

LOL

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/54105-how-do-i-disable-mouse-gestures.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, Since upgrading to windows 10, I am facing some issues with the trackpad. The main issue is that 3 fingers gestures stop working when I wake my laptop from sleep. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the latest Synaptic drivers from both Lenovo and Synaptic website, tried clearing registery entries, wiping values and even a fresh install of windows 10 but still nothing fixed the issue. The only work around was to restart the mouse drivers everytime I wake the laptop from sleep using a .batch file.  The windows 10 anniversary update did not fix the issue. The lack of any official solution is weird. I contacted Microsoft several times and at the end they transfered me to this form since they were unable to solve my problem. Any solution? Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-pro-windows-10-mouse-gestures/td-p/3392151
Relevancy 62.78%

Quote I spend Add-on: Mouse My Favorite Hare Ralph IE Gestures by a lot of time dealing with problems users encounter when using Internet Explorer As a result when I write about add-ons I m usually talking about misbehaving code that is wrecking the browser However it s not all doom-and-gloom out there and I m delighted to share my favorite browser add-on with you I first came across Ralph Hare s work when perusing the IE add-on sample code at CodeProject Ralph and I both liked mouse gestures and wished that My Favorite IE Add-on: Mouse Gestures by Ralph Hare Internet Explorer offered them For those of you who have My Favorite IE Add-on: Mouse Gestures by Ralph Hare never used mouse gestures basically they allow you to trigger commands like back forward refresh etc without using the keyboard or clicking on toolbar buttons or menus While not everyone wants to use mouse gestures some of us find them incredibly compelling This sweet spot makes gestures the sort of feature ripe for implementation as an add-on Fortunately for all of us Ralph is My Favorite IE Add-on: Mouse Gestures by Ralph Hare a great developer and he put together a fantastic gestures add-on for IE which has evolved and improved a lot over the last six years I ve installed his add-on on every computer I ve used since discovering it and I now find it annoying to use browsers that don t support gestures It s an ironic turn of events for me since I ve been a keyboard snob for over a decade - What makes this add-on so great Respect for the User The gestures add-on respects your existing browser settings and does not attempt to change your default homepage search provider favorites user-agent string etc There s no junk e g adware unexpected toolbars etc bundled with it either Stability I ve tried out a lot of different add-ons over the years but almost always end up uninstalling each after a few days because they re unstable and result in occasional or frequent browser crashes In contrast Ralph has delivered a rock-solid implementation of gestures the few bugs I ve found have been fixed quickly and the updated versions are automatically offered using an automatic notification service Best Practices Ralph s code is compiled following best-practices for secure and stable add-ons including linking with the NXCOMPAT and DYNAMICBASE flags to opt-in to DEP NX and ASLR memory protections Performance Many browser extensions are useful from time-to-time but I m not willing to suffer a performance penalty when not actively using an extension For some types of extensions menu extensions toolbar buttons this isn t a problem because the add-on code only loads when I actively use the add-on However an add-on like Mouse Gestures inherently needs to be available at all times so high performance is an absolutely critical consideration Ralph s Browser Helper Object BHO is written in native C and designed and coded for speed After installing check out the Load Time column inside the IE Tools gt Manage Add-ons dialog As mentioned previously the extension offers an auto-update mechanism but Ralph ensures that this won't hurt startup performance He does so by running the check in a background thread and waiting for about a minute after tab startup to kick off the webservice call Ralph also sets the NoExplorer registry key to prevent his BHO from loading inside Windows Explorer Even the default configuration is optimized for performance by default mouse trails aren t shown and if a user wants them they can choose between basic trails which work fine with all video cards and the slightly fancier advanced trails which work best with higher-end hardware Cross-Version Support Mouse Gestures is compiled in both -bit and -bit flavors installed individually making the gestures add-on one of the very few available for -bit IE The add-on works in all versions of IE and I ve personally used it on Windows XP Server Vista Server and Windows without problems Ease-of-Installation The bit and bit installe... Read more

A:My Favorite IE Add-on: Mouse Gestures by Ralph Hare

Thanks Sarge. Going to give that a try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/38595-my-favorite-ie-add-mouse-gestures-ralph-hare.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I spend a lot of time dealing with problems users encounter when using Internet Explorer As a result when I write about add-ons I m usually talking about misbehaving code that is wrecking the browser However it s not all doom-and-gloom out there and Ralph My IE Mouse by Hare Gestures Favorite Add-on: I m delighted to share my favorite browser add-on My Favorite IE Add-on: Mouse Gestures by Ralph Hare with you I first came across Ralph Hare s work when perusing the IE add-on sample code at CodeProject Ralph and I both liked mouse gestures My Favorite IE Add-on: Mouse Gestures by Ralph Hare and wished that Internet Explorer offered them For those of you who have never used mouse gestures basically they allow you to trigger commands like back forward refresh etc without using the keyboard or clicking on toolbar buttons or menus While not everyone wants to use mouse gestures some of us find them incredibly compelling This sweet spot makes gestures the sort of feature ripe for implementation as an add-on Fortunately for all of us Ralph is a great developer and he put together a fantastic gestures add-on for IE which has evolved and improved a lot over the last six years I ve installed his add-on on every computer I ve used since discovering it and I now find it annoying to use browsers that don t support gestures It s an ironic turn of events for me since I ve been a keyboard snob for over a decade - What makes this add-on so great Respect for the User The gestures add-on respects your existing browser settings and does not attempt to change your default homepage search provider favorites user-agent string etc There s no junk e g adware unexpected toolbars etc bundled with it either Stability I ve tried out a lot of different add-ons over the years but almost always end up uninstalling each after a few days because they re unstable and result in occasional or frequent browser crashes In contrast Ralph has delivered a rock-solid implementation of gestures the few bugs I ve found have been fixed quickly and the updated versions are automatically offered using an automatic notification service Best Practices Ralph s code is compiled following best-practices for secure and stable add-ons including linking with the NXCOMPAT and DYNAMICBASE flags to opt-in to DEP NX and ASLR memory protections Performance Many browser extensions are useful from time-to-time but I m not willing to suffer a performance penalty when not actively using an extension For some types of extensions menu extensions toolbar buttons this isn t a problem because the add-on code only loads when I actively use the add-on However an add-on like Mouse Gestures inherently needs to be available at all times so high performance is an absolutely critical consideration Ralph s Browser Helper Object BHO is written in native C and designed and coded for speed After installing check out the Load Time column inside the IE Tools gt Manage Add-ons dialog As mentioned previously the extension offers an auto-update mechanism but Ralph ensures that this won't hurt startup performance He does so by running the check in a background thread and waiting for about a minute after tab startup to kick off the webservice call Ralph also sets the NoExplorer registry key to prevent his BHO from loading inside Windows Explorer Even the default configuration is optimized for performance by default mouse trails aren t shown and if a user wants them they can choose between basic trails which work fine with all video cards and the slightly fancier advanced trails which work best with higher-end hardware Cross-Version Support Mouse Gestures is compiled in both -bit and -bit flavors installed individually making the gestures add-on one of the very few available for -bit IE The add-on works in all versions of IE and I ve personally used it on Windows XP Server Vista Server and Windows without problems Ease-of-Installation The bit and bit installers together weigh in just under megabyte The add-on is pac... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/260445-my-favorite-ie-add-mouse-gestures-ralph-hare.html
Relevancy 53.75%

i have a razer copperhead mouse and i was wondering if anyone was able to find drivers for this yet, because the only other mouse i have is a ball mouse and it is starting to get old

A:razer copperhead mouse 64 bit drivers wanted

http://www.razerzone.com/Microsoft-Vista/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/razer-copperhead-mouse-64-bit-drivers-wanted-144616.html
Relevancy 52.89%

im tempted to buy this mouse because it seems pretty cool and most reviews ive seen like it, but id like to hear from a few other people about how it works before i make the $80.00 plunge

A:wanted opinions on Gyration Ultra Cordless Optical Mouse

I bought one for $15.. You're better off getting the complete optical suite off ebay. The mouse really takes getting used to if your planning to use it in the air. The suite is worth the money, the mouse by itself isn't unless you're getting a steal price on it like I did.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wanted-opinions-on-gyration-ultra-cordless-optical-mouse.185779/
Relevancy 48.59%

Where can i learn which firewall to select as an install software and what its features are doing Companies have reviews and rankings but i don't see a place to learn what each feature is providing me so i can't find satisfaction and safety after the install I'll still lack piece of mind Even if in wanted protection browser plug and Firewall help selection wanted i install something to protect me from my fears if i don't know it i still can't sleep at night Even if safe I'd like to protect my files If there is an intrusion and files leave my computer though a browser add on or other means I'd like for whats stolen to be encrypted I think a listening port is a port that allows incoming and out going traffic on my computer I'd like any files encrypted When adding a browser add on or updating a software i want protection from an employee Firewall selection help wanted and browser plug in protection wanted of say Java or Adobe If they steal my files or file names I'd like all out going files to be encrypted automatically Browser add ons seem to be an easy way to target people Anyone who can create something cool probably has the smarts to be malicious I was down to adblock plus then netflix party was released Now I'm exposed again Create a url send it to friends watch what you are watching with those that follow the url and you can enjoy a chat box Firewall selection help wanted and browser plug in protection wanted with them Now I'm exposed to the developer and their agenda

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/394336-firewall-selection-help-wanted-browser-plug-protection-wanted.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Does any one have the list of all the Gestures Win 7 has?

A:Gestures

Hello thescreensavers,

Welcome to the 7 forums.

In a help file somewhere (which I can't seem to find now) I saw pen flicks, pan, zoom and rotate. Don't have a touch screen so can't tell you more.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/1850-gestures.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Okay, lets get this out of the way by saying Windows 8 is a convoluted mess in my eyes! I have spend all day looking for a way to get rid of the FREAKING mousepad scrolls!!! On my old Windows 7 computer I simply went to "Mouse" and, of course, there it was! Now, I have learned I have to copy a wall of text, paste it somewhere, save it, open it, copy it again, and so on and so forth. Windows 8, why? If someone could help this guy out I would greatly appreciate it! I know very, very little about computers! THANK YOU!!!

I actually downloaded a program that acts as a "Start Menu." Now I don't know where those dumb-ass apps went!

A:Gestures

Hello,

You could use the same method in the tutorial below, but uncheck the touchpad settings you want (ex: Gestures) to turn off instead.

Touchpad Edge Swipes - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/26673-gestures.html
Relevancy 43%

I have been able to disable most mousepad gestures (e.g. scrolling, zooming, etc.) by going to Settings, Devices, Mouse and Touchpad, Additional Mouse Options, Click Pad Settings and deselecting the various options (I do not want the mousepad to do anything except move the cursor around and click on things). However, whenever I shut down and restart my computer, these options are automatically re-enabled. How can I disable them permanently?

A:Gestures on Mousepad

Refer to post #6. I was having the same issue, and this resolved it for me.

Solved Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33476-gestures-mousepad.html
Relevancy 43%

Alright so after being forced off the Consumer Preview about a week after installing it I have made the lead to Windows on my ASUS U SD So far almost everything is perfect There is just one thing I cannot figure out I cannot get the Windows touchpad gestures to Synaptics Gestures work - you know swiping from the sides to bring up the charms menu etc Now I am fairly certain my touchpad should support the gestures Synaptics Gestures - i mean it supports finger multi-touch two finger scrolling pinch Synaptics Gestures to zoom finger hold to launch an application etc all work I am running driver version from Synaptics and it is Synaptics Touchpad V Am i missing Synaptics Gestures something or is my touchpad just not compatible even though it supports multitouch edit updated to a newer version of the driver i found online was not on synaptics website but just floating around v now the gestures work on and off but lost of all multi-touch as in only pinch to zoom works and the mouse is laggy which means bad driver hmm

A:Synaptics Gestures

I found some older drivers perform better depending on your system, I use this version 15.0.24.0 and works fine, you could give this a try.
Download HP Mini 110-3118cl Notebook Synaptics TouchPad Driver 15.0.24.0 for Win7 Driver for Windows 7 - Softpedia

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10656-synaptics-gestures.html
Relevancy 43%

After reading that Win 7 had flicks option where you could use on screen gestures for certain functions, I just read that there are gestures support in windows 8.1
I wanted to find out if we could emulate keypresses like backspace to do BACK or Step Up function with something like two finger slide from right to left, or things like that.
Isn't there any 3rd party app that does that either?

A:Is there gestures for Windows 8.1

Yes as long as you have a touchscreen or touchpad on your keyboard.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66937-there-gestures-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 43%

Got a new laptop today, with win 8 (sigh). Installed classic shell to get rid of metro, but I keep getting this stupid popout from the right side every time I move my mouse from right to left... how do I get rid of that...???

Thanks.

A:How to disable 'gestures'...???

Hello Rick,

You could use the tutorials below to disable the Charms and Switcher hint hot corners.
Charms Bar Hint - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Switcher - Enable or Disable Top Left Corner in Windows 8
Since you are using a laptop, you might also wish to disable edge swipes and gestures for the touchpad as well.
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/26918-how-disable-gestures.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So, my Y50 had right click problems. It was very unresponsive and progressively got worse. I sent it in for repair, the motherboard and touchpad was replaced. On receiving it, the new touchpad feels great. Right and left click works. But no gestures work. Synaptics also does not detect any actual touch from the touchpad, that is, the area in the tray icon that lights up when you touch the touchpad no longer moves. Is there a specific cable that detects touch and another that connects the touchpad itself ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-touchpad-gestures-not-working/td-p/3314842
Relevancy 42.57%

My touchpad no longer responds to finger movements to scroll,zoom etc.
Works fine as far as moving the mouse pointer goes. Guess I've tweaked something or turned it off - anyone any ideas how to get it back?

A:Touchpad gestures failure

You could try doing a system restore, If possible select a time when you know eveything was working correctly. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/115757-touchpad-gestures-failure.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So how do I use picture lock and the lock screen gestures that I've seen in videos? I couldn't figure it out. The only lock method I have right now is the password.

A:Lock Screen Gestures?

Welcome to Eight Forums iarehenry. Brink has a tute for that

Picture Password - Create, Change, or Remove in Windows 8

A Guy

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/4267-lock-screen-gestures.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, I want to make use of the gestures that windows 7 has support for, especially the two fingered ones, but I am just using a normal inbuilt touchpad on my laptop. Is it possible? The make of the trackpad isn't synaptics, it's ALPS.

Thanks. Dann

A:Using gestures on standard touchpad

This will depend on the driver available to work with the actual touch pad - The two finger gesture you want is part of the new multi-touch features of win7 and may not be available in older touchpads from the simple fact that it's not supported by the actual hardware.

If the hardware support is there then using the latest drivers should provide the function

Check the manufacturer's site for your laptop for driver updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/120298-using-gestures-standard-touchpad.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I just discovered the 3-finger-tap gesture, that brings up Cortana. What other neat Win10 gestures are out there? and could I customize them??

A:Cool touchpad gestures....

Touchpad gestures for Windows 10 - Windows Help -

Try the latest touchpad gestures - Windows Help

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/cool-touchpad-gestures-277090/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have an Elan Smart Pad and I'm not too impressed with the how their software makes use of its multitouch capability. Right now I have the 2 and 3-finger taps set to show the desktop. I'd really like to be able to set one of them to bring up Flip3d or switch between windows.

I was looking for ways to set that up and I came across an old procedure that has something to do with finding the .dll for Flip3d and writing a command to use it and then setting the touchpad to run that command. I feel like there has to be a better way though.

Would installing a Synaptics driver and their gesture suite on an Elan touchpad work? I saw that they have a much better array of uses for multitouch.

Thanks!

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I've recently bought the Asus Vivobook S200, comes with Windows 8. When I first got it the touchpad gestures were working fine, then all of a sudden they just stopped working. This is within a few hours of purchasing it.

Any ideas how to reenable the gestures for the touchpad?

Thanks.

A:Touchpad Gestures Not Working

Hello TJ, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below to make sure that they are still turned on. Your settings will look different but similar since it's a different brand.

In addition, double check to make to see if you have the latest touchpad driver 1.0.36 version for your PC installed.

ASUS
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20747-touchpad-gestures-not-working.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello.

Sometimes, when I use two fingers to scroll down something, the computer thinks I'm using three fingers and shows up my desktop. Anyone having the same issue?

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 80C4.

A:Gestures issue: two fingers

you could disable three finger gestures , or set the sensitivty lower possibly

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/32452-gestures-issue-two-fingers.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, I recently bought a convertible laptop-tablet. I noticed that there are some gestures implemented in W10. I want to disable one of the, when you swipe from the left in the screen and the task view comes up.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

A:Disable touch gestures?

Hi eXtremeDevil,

Take a look HERE and see if there's anything.
b1rd

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37755-disable-touch-gestures.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, I recently bought a convertible laptop-tablet. I noticed that there are some gestures implemented in W10. I want to disable one of the, when you swipe from the left in the screen and the task view comes up.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

A:Disable touch gestures?

Hi eXtremeDevil,

Take a look HERE and see if there's anything.
b1rd

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/37755-disable-touch-gestures.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I got a laptop that I upgraded to Windows 10 . But the multi gestures dont work because the laptop manufacturer (Sony) had refused to upgrade that part of the o/s for whatever reason. Although I got most of Win 10 gestures, I still want to switch between windows by swiping with 3 fingers across the touchpad. Is there a way to still get this feature back, maybe through a hack or 3rd party software?

A:How Do I Get All Trackpad Gestures in Windows 10

I see you asked this on the Win 10 forum. Best place for a Win 10 question.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73004-how-do-i-get-all-trackpad-gestures-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I recently bought the Yoga 710 and I really like it, but I have ran into a problem with the touchPad. Everything worked fine up until the last few days. The three and four finger swiping gestures no longer work (I double checked the settings. Three finger gestures are on). Every other gesture works (one finger, two finger).  Anyboby else having issues with this. From what I have been able to find online, it looks like an issue that arises when you put your computer into sleep mode. Not really sure where to go from here as far as a fix. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/TouchPad-3-finger-gestures-not-working/td-p/3418376
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I have Lenovo U31-70 running Windows 10 64-bit and I have few problems with the touchpad.1. Touchpad gestures and scrolling doesn't work at all.2. "Alps pointing device" (v.8.201.1611.250) driver is not working. (official driver for my laptop, downloaded from Lenovo support site) 3. All of the touchpad nor driver settings are inaccessible (very frustrating...) Screenshot from mouse settings in control panel: Link  I have tried to install and uninstall the driver itself several times and I have also tried to install previous versions with no success.I couldn't find any other drivers from any other source other than Lenovo. Can anybody help me?Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-U31-70-touchpad-scrolling-gestures-and-lenovo-driver/td-p/3331999
Relevancy 42.14%

I tried installing the touchpad(Synaptics) drivers(from  lenovo website) numerous times and tried to reset the device two times and still there are no results only selecting,double click,drag and drop seems to work and gestures do not work at all.Please Suggest.Thank you. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-touchpad-gestures-and-scrolling-not-working/td-p/3325522
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm needing some help on the opposite problem most people have. While most want the corner gestures disabled, I'm actually looking to increase the size.

Long story short, I'm running an old touch screen in a mobile environment. And while I see great benefit to using Windows 8.1, I'm having issues with getting it to cooperate with my older LCD touch screen. If I could increase the size of the corner gesture, it would solve most my problems.

I've already increased the MouseCornerClipLength in the registry to 20, which is the max this will go. My screen just doesn't like the small tolerance Microsoft has given to bring up these gestures. I can cheat the calibration to make it work, but then it throws off the whole screen.

A:Increasing corner gestures size?

Welcome to Windows EightForums, gsxr1181.

I believe calibration would relate to adjusting colors, not size. I think this would have more to do with your monitor driver since it’s older and adjusting the “centering” so as to increase the margins so it senses your finger. It probably works good with the mouse, correct?

Another thing to consider is screen resolution. Have you tried adjusting that? Go to Control Panel > Display or right click the Desktop and choose “Screen resolution”.

All in all, it may be time to upgrade your monitor.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40177-increasing-corner-gestures-size.html
Relevancy 42.14%

After hibernation in the Windows 10 do not work with three fingers gestures:1. Swipe up to activate the new Task View2. Swipe down to minimize all active windows3. Swipe left and right to activate switching between appsNot only operate the new Windows 10 gestures. All other gestures, including tap with three fingers to work.After rebooting, the problem disappears. It helps to reinstall the drivers. But after hibernation problem recurs again and I need to reinstall the driver. ????? ?????????? ?? Windows 10 ????????? ???????? ????? ????? ????????:1. ????? ????? ??? ????????? Task View2. ????? ???? ??? ???????????? ???? ????3. ????? ????? ? ?????? ??? ???????????? ????? ?????????????? ???????? ?????? ????? Windows 10 ?????. ??? ????????? ?????, ??????? ??? ????? ????????, ????????.????? ???????????? ???????? ?? ?????????. ???????? ????????????? ?????????. ?? ????? ?????????? ???????? ??????????? ? ??? ????? ????? ????????????????? ????????.

A:Yoga 13 - three fingers gestures not working after...

I have the same problem but on my Yoga 700 14

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-13-three-fingers-gestures-not-working-after-hibernate-in/td-p/2133846
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,  I enabled two fingers tap to right click in my Synaptics Control Panel. However, it doesn't do anything when I two fingers tap my touchpad. Everything I enabled in the control panel works except two fingers tap to right click.  Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Synaptics-Gestures/td-p/3369254
Relevancy 42.14%

I just received a acer v3-571g laptop today. There was no synaptics software installed on it so I went to download the 8.1 driver from the official synaptics website but when I went to install it just failed, I tried again a few more times without any luck. So I decided to download the drivers from the acer site, they downloaded and installed but when I went into the synaptics settings to turn on two finger scrolling, there is no option for it. The only option I can change is called "button" none of the other gestures can be found anywhere.

Please, does anyone know how to fix this.

Thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] Trackpad gestures not working with 8.1

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

What makes you believe that the trackpad supports two finger scrolling?

Did you install just a driver or software as well?

Have you looked in the Windows Mouse section?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-trackpad-gestures-not-working-with-8-1-a-939114.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have an Elantech driver for my touchpad that supports multitouch. However, the functions of the gestures are not customizable. I was wondering if there is a way to customize the functions of certain gestures. For example, binding a macro like Alt+1 to 4 finger swipe left etc. That way I can bind some function to Alt+1 and execute it with 4 finger swipe.

Any 3rd party software or anything?

A:Any 3rd PT Software to add more functions to touchpad gestures?

Welcome to Seven Forums xGary. Not sure if your touchpad would be supported, but have a look at Scrybe

How To Optimize Your Windows Trackpad With Scrybe

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254382-any-3rd-pt-software-add-more-functions-touchpad-gestures.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi nbsp I'm new to the forum so I hope I posted in the correct place nbsp My product nbsp HP Pavilion Notebook - -ab sa ENERGY STAR nbsp I have all the usual touchpad gestures working three finger swipe etc nbsp However the recent AU introduced a new gesture to switch virtual desktops I was really looking forward for this update but this gesture doesn't work I tried reinstalling the AU update with erasing everything and it still doesn't work nbsp I don't get why it doesn't work as I have a precision touchpad and all the other gestures work except for this new one Also even though the some gestures work eg three finger flick I dont think nbsp Win recognises the precision touchpad as under Mouse amp Trackpad settings it Working Not Touchpad Precision Some Gestures doesn't say that I have a precision touchpad and so doesn't give me Some Precision Touchpad Gestures Not Working nbsp options to alter what the gestures do like it should nbsp I have the nbsp Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver nbsp nbsp Would really appreciate your help as I was really looking forward for the new gesture to switch virtual desktops nbsp Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Some-Precision-Touchpad-Gestures-Not-Working/td-p/5788887
Relevancy 42.14%

In my new Lenovo X1Yoga, The 3Fingers Gestures don't work  (View Desktop, Commute App).The 3Fingers Tap is OK.Can someone help me?Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/3Fingers-Gestures-don-t-work-on-my-X1Yoga/td-p/3323378
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi!..The gestures stops working often like scrolling etc..I have been facing this problem since I bought my laptop..Please give me a good and permanent solution!

A:Gestures on touch pad stops working often.

Dear Customer, Please update BIOS and Chipset drivers from the below link:http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862158/model/115... Please go through the below document for more information:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04648748     Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Gestures-on-touch-pad-stops-working-often/td-p/5842726
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys,
so I just got my hands on a Surface Book and a Surface Pro 4. Both give the ability to add and edit 4-Finger-Gestures in addition to 3-Finger-Gestures in the touchpad settings. I wonder if this is possible for the Type Cover 3 too? Can't imagine it only supports up to 3 fingers input at a time.
greetings
Tim

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441687-no-4-finger-gestures-type-cover-3-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

After installing a new motherboard on my Lenovo Y50-70 Touch with Windows 10 Home x64, Windows has decided that my Synaptics touchpad is an Elan touchpad and installed the drivers for it. This stopped all multi-touch gestures but most importantly two-finger scrolling from working. The Elan Control Center is installed and shows that they're enabled but they still don't work.

I've tried to install the Synaptics drivers but they never successfully get applied. The bundled drivers from the Lenovo website also think I have an Elan touchpad and install the drivers for it, again though the mult-touch gestures don't work. The generic drivers from Synaptics don't work either.

It's driving me up the wall having to use the keyboard or dragging the pointer over to the scrollbar every time I want to scroll up or down.

I need some help trying to get this fixed. Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/65076-no-mult-touch-gestures-touchpad.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys,

has any of you had any luck setting up gestures in windows 10 - without going into registry and doing some potentially dangerous tweaks?

Id like to enable the gestures. Its not critically important but why not.

Thanks.

P.s. Love the forum. Great tips as always.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53300-acer-v5-windows-10-trackpad-gestures.html
Relevancy 42.14%

This post could qualify for several different categories so I'll just put it here in General Discussion I have downloaded and installed Synaptics Scrybe driver and software and installed it on my Toshiba Satellite A D-S laptop purchased in July It enabled multi-touch and gestures and works rather well with a few minor annoyances Among the multi-touch features that now work in Windows Home Premium bit are Two-finger scroll Similar to MacBook scrolling but not quite as smooth and Scrybe using gestures Multi-touch Works both vertically Multi-touch and gestures using Scrybe and horizontally Tap zones Each corner of the touchpad can trigger a specific action For example you can set browser forward and back to a corner each and right-click to another corner There is a list of actions in the driver setup Chiral scrolling Clockwise circles will scroll down counter-clockwise scrolls up Momentum A single-finger flick will shoot the cursor across the screen a less enthusiastic flick will cause the cursor to travel a short distance after removing your finger from the pad Those features and others are enabled by the driver alone The Scrybe software adds gestures A three-finger tap brings up the Scrybe pad drawing certain figures will perform a pre-determined action Among those available are Draw a G on the pad to open your browser to Google's homepage Draw an X to close an application Draw an symbol to open your email And the list goes on A two-finger scroll in the browser works fairly well although it sometimes wants to select highlight portions of the page when I remove my fingers Also it's not as smooth as a MacBook and tends to quot lock quot keep scrolling until I touch the pad again The default sensitivity was too sensitive just having my fingers near the pad would sometimes activate something that I didn't want I think that I now have a good balance between quot ghost quot activation and having to press really hard It's supposed to work with most Synaptic Touchpads version and later Anyhow I didn't see anything on the forums about it and wanted to give y'all a heads up www uscrybe com Kent

A:Multi-touch and gestures using Scrybe

I'm wondering about this. I have just installed the gesture's suite and everything is cool except the 3-finger stuff. I'm wondering if my touchpad only supports 2 fingers, but I can't find out how to determine this. It says I have touchpad v7.2. Any ideas on how to determine the number of fingers I can use? Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/126708-multi-touch-gestures-using-scrybe.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Is there a link that I can view a list of all laptops that are capable of using Windows 10 trackpad gestures?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/44967-need-list-laptops-use-win-10-trackpad-gestures.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I just recently bought a Lenovo B570e. I've installed Windows 8 Pro 64bit on it. I want to get the windows 8 gestures on my touchpad. I've tried many things... installed two or three versions of Synaptics. The one on my laptop's drivers CD, from the synaptics website, from the lenovo's drivers page, and a couple others. With synaptics I can't get any gestures, even the scroll feature isn't working. I tried ELan on my drivers CD... and that enabled pinch to zoom and scrolling but how can I get all the Windows 8 gestures on my touch pad. Please tell me a step by step procedure, cause I'm not that good on these things yet.

A:Windows 8 gestures on touchpad not working

If the latest Lenovo drivers from the laptop's website don't do it, it is probable that your system does not support it. Remember that the gestures for Windows 8 were designed for touch screens, not touch-pads. I have a Samsung Series 7; it also doesn't support all of the gestures.

However, to overcome this, I purchased a Logitech Touchpad (the T650, I think). It does support the gestures. It is wireless and rechargeable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-gestures-on-touchpad-not-working.1075790/
Relevancy 42.14%

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5518

I recently purchased and updated to Windows 8 Pro. The touchpad works just fine but noticed gestures are not working. I did a Windows update, gestures still do not work. Weird how it's providing an older driver but I still tried it.

I then went to Synaptics website and downloaded and installed the lastest Windows 8 driver. I'm still not getting any gestures.

Under mouse settings in the control panel, my only options to configure buttons are left/right. No gesture settings. Other screenshots of this window I have seen have all kinds of gesture options.

Anyone have any suggestions to get gestures working for my laptop? Simple scrolling gesture would be nice!

If any other info is needed that I didn't already explain, please ask. Thanks!

A:Windows 8 touchpad gestures are not working. Tried everything I could think of!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-touchpad-gestures-are-not-working-tried-everything-i-could-think-of.1086447/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, Three fingers gestures are not working on my y700 and double finger tap to click right isn't working either..Is this due to the lack of multitouch gestures on the touchpad itself, or does someone have a fix for it? I've enabled all the settings in the settings of the touchpad.  Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/No-multitouch-gestures-on-Lenovo-Y700/td-p/3447639
Relevancy 42.14%

So I hope that someone who is working at Acer reads this Or [Aspire working V5] gestures not TouchPad someone who is technically advanced nbsp TouchPad gestures not working [Aspire V5] So I first noticed the issue with sensitivity The mouse was really sensitive I then noticed that the gestures don't work either I cannot scroll using the mouse So I went into great depths and tried to figure out the problem but no solution nbsp So I performed these steps Changed the pointer speed to the fastest I didn't like the slow pointer speed The pointer was still pretty slow Decided to change the TouchPad specific drivers I go to the ELAN tab under mouse settings I look and see that the Options button is greyed out I also noticed that it said Standard PS Mouse I decide to find the software to change the settings and located it in C Program Files Elantech I open ETDAniConf exe and decide to do a test I uncheck the right click and left click and some other scroll settings No avail Then I decide to uninstall and install the drivers Did that Nothing changed Changing the tapping button scrolling options does nothing The mouse settings still shows it as Standard PS Mouse even though the tab says ELAN I decide to take a big step and just reinstall Windows altogether using Acer Recovery Reinstalled it still facing the same issue Still recognized as Standard PS mouse I try another way to attempt to fix the issue I try to find the most up to date similar driver I located on that was much newer version rather than Installed it restarted computer Still no avail Still recognized as Standard PS Mouse I decided to go the last route before posting the issue here I downloaded a copy of Windows Pro from Microsoft website and transferred the ISO into the bootable flash drive I split the hard drive into a clean partition GB and installed fresh Windows Pro on it without all the Acer Drivers Of couse I was missing the network drivers so I had to go on my Desktop to download the drivers online I decide to first go and download the TouchPad drivers Downloaded them copied on a Flash Drive ran them on the Acer laptop Restarted computer Still facing the issue nbsp So here I am right now I got the laptop for a good discount from my work as a bonus of working there It was a one time discount As you noticed I mentioned that it was recognizing it as Standard PS Mouse That is the huge clue that tells me that the drivers are really buggy The issue here is that the TouchPad drivers are not recognized like it is a TouchPad but as a Mouse A mouse that can only do right click left click nbsp If anyone is facing this issue or knows how to resolve it please help me out Solved Go to Solution

A:TouchPad gestures not working [Aspire V5]

So I worked with a Microsoft Tech Support, and apparently the issue is on the Acer's side. The recovery partition automatically installed the Elantech Drivers for the TouchPad and the downloads website showed only Elantech drivers. After a bit of research, we found Synaptics drivers from their official website and everything started working normally. Please please please, fix that issue. I am frightened by how many customers will face that issue.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/TouchPad-gestures-not-working-Aspire-V5/td-p/108269
Relevancy 41.71%

I've just installed fresh OS Windows 10 x64 and all last drivers with auto updates from Microsoft Update Service.Touchpad has Sentelic driver 9.5.0.3. Gestures not working. Even scrolling. If downgrading of Windows could solve this problem - I will do that. Help me, gestures very important for me.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/IDEAPAD-100-14IBY-Windows-10-x64-touchpad-gestures-not-working/td-p/3361515
Relevancy 41.71%

I fail to Turning gestures Lenovo z580 touchpad on off understand why on a laptop which has no touchscreen why you would want to have the swipe gestures Surely most folks don't look at the touchpad in use so it is often that one starts off Turning off touchpad gestures on Lenovo z580 to the right especially when the pad is off centre and it is natural to move to the left to find where one wants to start - hey presto the charms bar opens and if you're not carefull all sorts of events occur which you really don't want Any way on my Lenovo Z with synaptics we have the worst of both worlds - there is no easy option in the Synaptics Turning off touchpad gestures on Lenovo z580 settings to turn off the gestures so the option is to do registry editing to the key TouchPadPS - I have amended the Active Type dwords from to However there is a side effect of this When booting there is now a Turning off touchpad gestures on Lenovo z580 delay till the process finishes - we now get blue circular processes next to the pointer for approx seconds Does anyone know what other edits we need to make to remove this delay Here is the registry for the right edgepull HKEY CURRENT USER Software Synaptics SynTPEnh ZoneConfig TouchPadPS Right Edge Pull quot ConfigFlags quot dword e quot PalmCheckFlags quot dword quot ConfigFlagsEx quot dword quot LoXRel quot dword ffffc quot HiXRel quot dword quot LoYRel quot dword quot HiYRel quot dword ffffec quot LoXFlags quot dword a quot HiXFlags quot dword quot LoYFlags quot dword quot HiYFlags quot dword quot SliderFriction quot dword quot ActionType quot dword quot SliderScale quot dword

A:Turning off touchpad gestures on Lenovo z580

I have X201 and turned off edge swipes like this from control panel > Mouse > Touchpad Setting. Does this work for you? I've included registry also but didn't change it. When I change the enable swipes it changes ConfigFlags DWORD from 141 (on, like you) to 140 (off like me).

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/27592-turning-off-touchpad-gestures-lenovo-z580.html
Relevancy 41.71%

i came to know that laptops touchpad work as a touch screen in windows 8 and my dell inspiron 1545 is not supporting those can any one suggest me wat to do

A:Gestures not working in dell inspiron 1545

A touchpad is not the same thing as a touch screen. Your touch pad may not support gestures, it may just emulate a mouse.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/7755-gestures-not-working-dell-inspiron-1545-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I've just installed fresh OS Windows 10 x64 and all last drivers with auto updates from Microsoft Update Service.Touchpad has Sentelic driver 9.5.0.3. Gestures not working. Even scrolling. If downgrading of Windows could solve this problem - I will do that. Help me, gestures very important for me. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/IDEAPAD-100-14IBY-Windows-10-x64-touchpad-gestures-not-working/td-p/3361503
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi! I was using normally my Ideapad 310 15ISK.One day, when I woke, the gestures of my Ideapad 310 stopped working. Everything from scrolling to showing cortana, notifications center, desktop stopped. I went to Lenovo's website, choose the model of my computer, downloaded the updated Synaptics driver and rebooted.The scrolling, cortana and notifications are back on, but the gestures stopped working.The gesture with three fingers, all of them except Cortana, stopped. There isn't a newer driver in Lenovo's site. How to proceed?Here's a printscreen of the settings of the Synaptics (it's in Potuguese, but you can compare with your Synaptics control panel):?  Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Touchpad-gestures-stopped-working-on-Ideapad-310-15ISK/td-p/3481521
Relevancy 41.71%

I have seen reports of people able to install drivers that allow you to use the touchpad on your laptop to function like the gestures that are part of WIN8. I have an older Dell Studio 1555, and the synaptic drivers I have installed do not do this.

Weird thing is, that the synaptic web page displays information about this, but provides no download link
http://www.synaptics.com/solutions/technology/windows8/

This is not something I can't live without, more a curiosity to see what it would be like using the gestures on a non-touch screen device.

I have done some internet searches, but have not yet found an answer, or a solution for this Dell.

Thanks for any help.

A:how to get WIN8 gestures to work on laptop touchpad

The drivers/software are located under the Resources tab on the Synaptics website, here's the link: http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers
Those features should be part of the driver/software now but they only work on certain Synaptics Touchpads.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-win8-gestures-to-work-on-laptop-touchpad.1115156/
Relevancy 41.71%

I've recently reinstalled windowsn10 in my laptop and found that touchpad gestures aren't working and when i tried to open the mouse settings it shows that  "unable to connect to synaptics pointing devise driver. If you have installed another PS/2 driver please unimstall synaptics"I haven't installed anything i've just reinstalled the windows...SOLUTION?

A:reinstalled windows 10 and touchpad gestures not working

The re-install has caused a hiccup. Just  reinstall the synaptics driver. Download the correct version for your laptop here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151100_1&swEnvOid=4192

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/reinstalled-windows-10-and-touchpad-gestures-not-working/td-p/5781772
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello, I have a yoga 2 pro. I heard that since the anniverasy update, users can now switch between desktops using 4 fingers. However I cannot find this option on my laptop as 4 finger gesture only invoke action center. I tired updating the drivers, downloading other drivers, but no drivers allowed such option in the settings. Am I missing something? Is there any solution?  Thank you in advance 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Windows-10-4-fingers-gestures-anniversary-update/td-p/3438217
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, Every time I wake up my laptop from sleep, the three finger gestures of the trackpad no longer work. Turning the laptop on and off fixes it, but in my usual use I rarely do that more than once a week. I also tried updating the driver but it didn't fix the issue. Here is the latest version I am runningSynaptics Gesture SuiteSGS Version: SGS 15.3ClickPad Series 1.5 - Imaging SensorDriver Version: 19.0.12.98 28Jul15Firmware Version: 1.15Scrybe Version: Not installedInterface: SMBWindows Version: Win10  Can you please help me?Many thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Restore-3-finger-touchpad-gestures-upon-wake-up/td-p/5701333
Relevancy 41.71%

I have to say that the next gestures Windows on hand 10 Introduce machines big thing will be Kinect like hand gestures on laptops TV's XBOX and other Windows machines Take laptop as an example When I am watching a some video like C education series on you tube it becomes tiresome to reach the Introduce hand gestures on Windows 10 machines touchpad of my Introduce hand gestures on Windows 10 machines laptop to pause the video and take the notes Just imagine how cumbersome it will be to touch the screen to pause the video on a laptop because then I will have to move my hand further backwards Now I am going to tell you something about a million dollar idea Integrate Kinect like hand gestures on Windows platform This is now possible because most of the modern laptops and convertibles come with INTEL REAL SENSE CAMERA That technology gives the depth perception to the PC and hand gestures will be unbelievingly accurate It's impact will be like those created by the capacitive touch screen's on iPhones that changed the way we use our smartphones I THINK MICROSOFT SHOULD TAKE THE LEAP BEFORE APPLE DOES THAT Microsoft already has Kinect Just use this technology Forget about AI as it will take some time to be really useful to the general public Hand gestures on a PC will be the next big thing If someone at Microsoft is reading this kindly pass on this information to your seniors

A:Introduce hand gestures on Windows 10 machines

Since 2012: https://www.leapmotion.com

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/414737-introduce-hand-gestures-windows-10-machines.html
Relevancy 41.71%

HI,
I am using inspiron 3521

I have updated the os from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The 2 finger tap for right click is not working in the new version of touchpad. Is there any new option in the new version ? because my right button wont work and I use only 2 finger tap for right click. Please help me

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990375
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I've been using lately and I quite dislike the gestures and charms so I disabled as many of them as I could Unfortunately there is one gesture which still remains active and I cannot seem to find any guides or information on how to disable it The gesture I'm talking about is the top-edge grabber pull down gesture which is supposed to be a way to multitask by splitting the monitor I guess When I drag down from the top-center of the screen it splits my monitor in half snaps a window to the left or right side of the monitor and makes the opposing half of the monitor into Modern UI If I drag all the way down it exits the in disable Win8.1 gestures/EdgeUI Cannot top edge desktop completely and brings up the Start screen instead I often activate this quot feature quot by mistake when trying to click drag to resize windows that are close to the top edge of my screen I would really like to disable this I have applied all the registry tweaks I know of in order to disable the Charms bar and Hot Corners but I cannot find any information on the entire top edge quot feature quot The specific gesture I'm talking about can be seen in this video starting at the minute mark How to use touch gestures on Windows - YouTube Any information on how to disable this would be great as this gesture is currently about to drive me crazy Thanks in advance

A:Cannot disable top edge gestures/EdgeUI in Win8.1

Have you tried these?

Disabling Windows 8 Edge Gestures ?

As always backup registry before making changes...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58291-cannot-disable-top-edge-gestures-edgeui-win8-1-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,I have a HP Envy laptop and my laptop's touchpad scrolling gestures are not working since I updated my windows operating system from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Please help me out!

A:Touchpad scroll gestures not working in windows 10

Enter the control panel and look for the touchpad control panel. In my HP Omen 15 product loan it was a Synaptics application. I found that upgrading to Windows 10 appeared to have removed the tick mark to the right of the scrolling feature. It was working before I upgraded. I put the tick back in and scrolling started working again.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Touchpad-scroll-gestures-not-working-in-windows-10/td-p/5174930
Relevancy 41.71%

I have just reset my acer aspire v5-132 to factory settings the other day. However, I noticed that the touchpad gestures are not working anymore (like pinch zoom, and 2-finger scrolling, etc). I saw some related answers here like checking the mouse setting. But it just showed Ps2 Mouse, not the elan or synaptics that I've read in some featured answers. What do I do? And if I need to install some drivers, what are those? Any help will be truly appreciated. Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Touchpad-gestures-not-working-after-factory-reset/td-p/451385
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, when looking at the synaptics touchpad drivers settings I disillusionalized see, that the settings for touchpad gestures are very limited to a view prespecified gestures with prespecified actions to it. See attached img. Especially I search for a middle mouse button click desperately. How can I accomplish that? F.i. I would like to have a gesture to minimize a window or press the shortcut Ctrl-W to close browser tabs, click a link with the middle mouse button, show the desktop ... Those are basics for high end notebook use. Any ideas?

A:Real touchpad gestures with arbitrary actions - Y3...

... no one any suggestions?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Real-touchpad-gestures-with-arbitrary-actions-Y3P/td-p/3311096
Relevancy 41.71%

As many of you have finger multi touchpad 10 gestures Windows FIX! come to find out some of the new drivers for windows on dell laptops are messed up - you can no longer navigate back and forward while surfing in a browser with three finger multi-gestures - arguably one of the must useful gestures Windows 10 touchpad multi finger gestures FIX! I had this problem with the touchpad on my e After hours of trial and error this is how I fixed it Uninstall the current touchpad driver - confirm that the DellTPad folder in nbsp C Program Files nbsp is empty there may be a file left Windows 10 touchpad multi finger gestures FIX! that you can t delete but that s ok Restart your computer Download and install the windows driver - nbsp you will need to restart Navigate to the DellTPad folder again Now you will need to change the compatibility of all the application files exe to windows it may only need to be one or two files but I changed the there just in case To do this right click on each file gt properties gt compatibility gt change settings for all users gt check mark windows and run as administrator Do this to all the application files but NOT Apoint - it will not auto-startup if you do Restart Open the dell touchpad properties and adjust your multi gesture settings Note while this method worked for me your system might be different so ymmv

A:Windows 10 touchpad multi finger gestures FIX!

For me it works with present driver by running Dell Touch application as Administrator and playing with properties in the Touch pad application, located on C:\program files\DellTpad

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19645520
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently purchased and updated my laptop to Windows 8 Pro. The touchpad works just fine but noticed gestures are not working. I did a Windows update, gestures still do not work. Weird how it's providing an older driver but I still tried it, doesn't work. I then went to Synaptics website and downloaded and installed the lastest Windows 8 driver. I'm still not getting any gestures. Under mouse settings in the control panel, my only options to configure buttons are left/right. No gesture settings. Please help as I really want gesture support for my Windows 8 laptop. If any other info is needed that I didn't already explain, please ask. Thanks! Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5518
Windows 8 Pro
See attached screenshot for more info.
http://db.tt/fodF6WAP

A:toshiba satellite touch pad gestures not working :(

Wow, these forums are awesome. At least I get responses in other forums. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Delete my account moderators.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/18566-toshiba-satellite-touch-pad-gestures-not-working.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello!
I got my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series a week ago, and despite things working perfectly in the beggining, my touchpad stopped scrolling (2-finger gesture).
The only think it does is move the cursor.
According to the sticker on my laptop I have a precision touchpad, but I see no "You have a precision touchpad" statement in the settings as I believe I should.
Can anyone help? Is there a specific driver that maybe got corrupted? (I ran the update driver test and it says that my driver is up to date) Or is there a separate driver for the gestures?
Thanks for the help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981018
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dell Inspirion 15r and upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of days ago. All the touchpad gestures worked fine, 3 finger swipe up for task view, 3 down for showing the desktop. Then suddenly, this automatically changed to 3 fingers up opening search. 3 fingers down opens suddenly the settings.

The settings in the Dell touchpad app were still correct though. I did a system repair, which fixed the problem. But now, this sudden change happened again. Also reinstalling the driver didn't work. Both times this happened after putting my laptop in sleep mode. 

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

A:Touchpad gestures keep automatically changing to wrong settings

Hi DimitriVH,
I would suggest you to update the BIOS, Video card driver and touchpad drivers in a sequence on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section, Video card driver from Video section and touchpad driver from ‘Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices’ section onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/18r60nI
Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19645958
Relevancy 41.28%

Title pretty much said it all. I was trying to add videos from my Host computer's folder to Windows 8's libraries, and ended up setting up a homegroup (apparently it doesn't recognize my host computer's homegroup). But when I did, two identical windows popped up, promptimg me to finsh configuring homegroup. I completed one, and cancelled the other, then Explorer froze. After a moment an error popped up saying that Explorer encountered a problem.

After that, none of the left-side gestures worked. I could still close apps by dragging them down and launch new ones, but I can't switch between them as easily. The right-side gestures work fine.

I have shut down Win8 for now (haven't checked if the glitch persists), but I just wanted to post this as a warning of a potential glitch that could be a problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7837-explorer-encountered-problem-now-cant-use-left-side-gestures.html
Relevancy 41.28%

That menu and the one below it are basically what I want to change or add to. I have absolutely no need for opening Cortana on the fly and I doubt I'll rarely find a use for needing to open the action center menu very quickly either. There are so many more useful options for this and for some idiotic reason there's no option for anything else in this submenu, not even an option to create your own shortcut.

With that said, is there a registry edit or other method of changing or adding options to this submenu or a way to change these shortcut taps without even having to bother with that menu? Most of the gestures as they are are extremely useful and I'd love to know how to make it that much better.

Any help will be thoroughly appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53012-adding-changing-gestures-shortcuts-touchpad-controls.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Dear All, Updated to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (1607, 14393.187) from scratch 2 days ago. Gestures (Scroll, zoom etc.) in Apps (Edge, Word etc.) are no longer operational. Checked the HP, MS and Synaptics website, downloaded drivers from HP and Synaptics but gestures are still NA (Not Available) Checked properties for the driver and tried to downgrade to last release without any success. Since the touchpad is the pimary interface for scrolling and zoom, any chance this will be fixed shortly? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Envy-11-Windows-10-1607-Touchpad-Gestures-not-working/td-p/5767521
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,
after the update to Windows 10, I have less touchpad gestures available. Before, I could use 4 finger swipe to the sides to change the tabs in the browser. When I go now to the DELL touchpad software, there aren't any options anymore for 4 finger gestures. And instead going back/forward with a 3 finger swipe to side, it changes the apps now (which is unnnecessary for me because a swipe up opens task view). Is it possible to change the actions of the touchpad and get back the 4 finger gestures?
For me it's incomprehenisble why DELL reduces the functions of the touchpad with the upgrade to a newer OS...
Regards,
Johannes

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981040
Relevancy 41.28%

Please help me. sorry if my English is terrible. I have begun to use windows 10 with this PC so I don't know if the same situation happens in any case,anyway the problem is that the flick gestures of three fingers suddenly start to stop working after some time after starting the PC. Immediately after starting, they work. Idon't konw how long time do they need to prepare to stop working, but they do it suddenly, without any premonitory signs. The tap gesture of three fingers to call Cortana and all the other gestures continue to work regularly. Do you konw why this problem happens and how to resolve it? Thanks a lot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Flick-gestures-of-three-fingers-stop-working-suddenly/td-p/5596541
Relevancy 41.28%

Linpus Gesture Launch is a powerful gesture based application It is also a useful all round productivity tool as it makes with screen - touch on Win8 Gestures Draw Gesture2Launch it easier and faster to launch applications or system commands on Windows and help Windows users who miss the Windows Start menu It offers an alternative to the familiarity of the Windows Start menu by delivering productivity speed and ease-of-use by means of touch gestures simply write a gesture anywhere on Gesture2Launch - Draw Gestures on Win8 with touch screen the screen to launch an application or a complete a task like restarting your computer By writing directly on the screen it means you don't have to swipe and tap through many layers of the Windows unfamiliar menu system Linpus Gesture Launch not only allows you to launch applications but also predefined actions like as mentioned above restarting your computer turning off or on Wireless taking a screenshot and locking the screen among many others In the case of restarting your computer you are clearly saving or taps and swipes as well the effort of negotiating the Windows menu system A full list of features for Gesture Launch Full are below - Create your own gestures - Utilize the letters a to z as predefined gestures - Map gestures to any application in your system - In addition map to around commonly used actions for example Restart or Lock Screen - Easily map and then change mapping through intuitive UI - No restriction on the gesture and action mappings - Write on both the traditional desktop and Metro mode to launch - Supports English Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese - Linpus Gesture Engine Gesture Launch Basic product page Linpus Products Gesture Launch Full product page Linpus Products Gesture Launch download address Linpus Download Please feel free to let me know if you have any comments Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/25161-gesture2launch-draw-gestures-win8-touch-screen.html
Relevancy 41.28%

hi guys i bought this a on Cannot scrolling pad multi to gestures touch synaptics or get work while back Packard Bell EasyNote TE HC review Expert Reviews default windows i couldnt get on with windows unfortunately then it went totally crazy so i installed a copy of windows ultimate x with windows my mouse pad was awesome swipe pinch zoom two finger scroll etc now with windows nothing Cannot get multi touch gestures or scrolling to work on synaptics pad not even the side scroll section of the pad works just normal mouse navigation and button clicks ive installed every driver under the sun ALL of them old new windows windows bit bit when i install synaptics it says its a regular ps mouse and pad no settings for multi touch im not a total noob so i went through all the stuff i know and checked forums even downloaded gesture suite which couldnt intall due to errors then cant uninstall synaptics drivers with revo Cannot get multi touch gestures or scrolling to work on synaptics pad uninstaller due to some dll error so uninstalled with device manager and deleted the registry entries with revo but when i reboot windows auto installs drivers i even went to settle with two finger scroll app and that came with error no touchpad but i must have a touch pad because it worked with windows basically i cant get it to work lol cant take it anymore how can i fix it chaps all of the drivers are working fine ive honestly got all of the drivers different drivers

A:Cannot get multi touch gestures or scrolling to work on synaptics pad

yeah so i'm stupid, there was a link underneath my post regarding harware IDS, i googled my hardware code ACPI EDE0500 somthing like that, first result was elantech, sooooo wasnt synaptics all that time, which is annoying because the software on windows 8 im sure said synaptics anywhoo, elantech for you folk out there who are silly like me

works fine now

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301199-cannot-get-multi-touch-gestures-scrolling-work-synaptics-pad.html
Relevancy 41.28%

For some strange reason, the trackpad gestures to scroll or whatever is no longer working. I use to be able to scroll down a webstite using the 2 finger dragging down gestures. Is there a fix for this?  I think it stopped working after I ran some Windows 10 update the other day.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:2015 X1 Carbon trackpad gestures no longer working

Nevermind, there were some updates in the Lenovo Solution Center hidden in the other tabs I didn't see that fixed it.Very nice software. Didn't have to look too hard for the drivers.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/2015-X1-Carbon-trackpad-gestures-no-longer-working/td-p/3388069
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,I enabled the three fingers gesture in my Synaptics Control Panel. However, instead of switching tasks by swiping left or right, it goes back to my previous page in my Chrome when I swipe left and goes forward when I swipe right. Is there anyway to fix this? I really love the 3 fingers gestures.  Thanks in advance. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Three-Fingers-Swipe-Gestures-Not-Working/td-p/3368821
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi everyone,
So on August 2nd I updated my Dell XPS 13 (9333) to Windows 10 Pro, and despite a few glitches from the OS, everything worked as expected, especifically the 3-finger swipe up to show Task View and down to show the Desktop, as well as (finally) being able to scroll windows out of focus just by hovering over by enabling the option in Settings.
However, yesterday I realized that is no longer the case. The 3-finger swipe brings up Cortana/Search and down opens up the Settings app. Moreover, scrolling w/o focus stopped working too!
I'm running the latest Dell Touchpad driver (v.19.0.15.2) and I have Multi-Finger gestures enabled in the options. Checking the Windows Update history, besides the Windows Defender updates, I see the following: KB3074678, KB3074686, and a Failed Synaptics Update for Dell Touchpad (around the day it stopped working as it should).
Anyone experiencing a similar problem? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
-- Pol

A:Windows 10 touchpad gestures no longer working as expected (XPS 13 9333)

Nevermind, I got it to work after uninstalling Dell Touchpad, and then installing the same version from the Dell website. However, the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" setting doesn't work with the touchpad, but it does work with a mouse (generic drivers). Any idea on why is that?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19646398
Relevancy 40.42%

inspiron 5447 Win10 - Touchpad, Multi Finger Gestures Not Working.
I have this problem over a year,
HERE I AM LOOKING FOR HELP AGAIN, IS THERE ANY NEW SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE ?
i heard about many costumers facing the same issue.
I tried unsuccessfully some fixing suggestions from the technical support over the year.
I still have the same touchpad problem and I very disappoint and its very hard for me using a new pc without multi touch over a year without any solution.
I have a feeling that DELL ignore the problem and ignore the costumers.
I am sorry that i wait for solution over the year, it was better if i was return it in time and get my money back.
for me it was a very bad costumers experience and ill avoid of buying DELL products in the near future again.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985542
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi guys New here so I hope I'm not out of line asking for help and that I'm asking correctly I've exhausted my own ideas on this but the problem is driving me IN SANE THE ISSUE When using an external USB mouse with my ASUS Win laptop the mouse randomly lifts up and re-clicks while clicking or while dragging despite the button remaining consistently depressed resulting in selection of the wrong objects inadvertent double-clicks and incorrect dragging From what I can tell this affects only the left click and not the right WHAT I'VE TRIED Laptop touchpad - no problem Everything works fine with the built-in touchpad Another mouse - same problem These are wired mice so it's not a battery or connection issue Another USB port - same problem in all four There's no visible issue with the motion of the mouse cursor so it seems to be communicating OK via USB Safe Mode - no problem from what I can tell The wired USB mouse seems to click and drag as normal in Safe mouse. Mouse external Mode. OK. OK problem: Mouse Any Touchpad in Safe Mode Mouse Settings - no effect Adjusting the click double-click drag settings doesn't seem to change anything System Resources - no effect Clicking dragging seems to show the same results in the RAM CPU monitors whether I'm Mouse problem: Any external mouse. Touchpad OK. Mouse OK in Safe Mode. having the problem with the mouse or performing the same actions without the problem with the trackpad WHAT I CANNOT FIGURE OUT What Mouse problem: Any external mouse. Touchpad OK. Mouse OK in Safe Mode. haven't I ruled out What else could be causing the issue The problem came on suddenly after about a year but I can't pinpoint the moment because I didn't use an external mouse for a while maybe eight weeks and when I plugged it in again the problem had appeared In that time I don't think I had installed any new software or made significant voluntary changes to the PC As a designer illustrator it's frustrating to use the touchpad for detailed vector work so I'm pretty crippled by the loss of the external mouse Does anyone have any ideas at all about what I've overlooked Even a clever workaround would be really helpful if there is such a thing I'll be very grateful Thanks

A:Mouse problem: Any external mouse. Touchpad OK. Mouse OK in Safe Mode.

Hey mate, and welcome,

Possible problem:
1. Mouse itself is bad. Either the button itself or internally
2. Driver is not at its best

Try:
Going to the mouse manufacture website to download the most recent driver for your Windows 7, either 32 or 64 bit. If it doesn't work, try without any driver (so that windows driver takes over).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320378-mouse-problem-any-external-mouse-touchpad-ok-mouse-ok-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello, I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 5558 with Windows 8.1 64b installed. I can't use touchpad gestures, no scroll, no pinch to zoom, etc. I have installed the latest drivers from here but after install (which says it is succesfull) nothing is showing up in my taskbar or control panel or program files. 

A:Dell Touchpad gestures not working on Dell Inspiron 5558

I found the fix here. Install Synaptics 19.15.2 Windows 10 64 Bit  even tough you have Windows 8.1.
Install like this:
1) Extract the files to another folder
2) Open the folder with extracted files copy the path of the x64 drivers
3) Go to Control Panel>Device Manager>Mice and other pointing devices
4) Right click mice and other pointing devices, select Update Driver>From Hard-Disk
5) Add the x64 drivers path
6) Select Dell Touchpad
7)  Install drivers
8) Restart

Video can be found here: www.youtube.com/watch

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19651794
Relevancy 35.69%

I would like to give Opera another try with 11.0, but I have become addicted to two simple gestures Scroll page bottom/top in "All-in-One Gestures" in Firefox.

This lets me gesture up/down and hit page top/bottom instantly. It is totally addictive.

I tried editing Opera Mouse gestures but it doesn't seem to have this as an option.

A:Opera Gestures: Top page/Bottom page?

Why not just use the Home & End keys on the keyboard instead ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/133551-opera-gestures-top-page-bottom-page.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have the Pacasa program on my PC which is on the C drive and download the photos from my camera into this program, . What I would like to do is move my photo files to another destination i.e. D, E, F drive (I have an external hard drive too) so when I download the photos from my camera they would automatically go to the said destination, which would then leave more space on my C drive.

The reason I am wanting to do this is because the photos are becoming too many for the C drive.

Lockeyp

A:help wanted

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=11511

When you download, just download to the drive you want to save them to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wanted.931522/
Relevancy 33.97%
Q: Wanted:

Content deleted.

A:Wanted:

Hi spookjuice52,

Welcome to TSG.

Unfortunately, we don't offer any buy/sell/barter service or other type of hardware/software exchanges here so I've edited the content of your post. Our focus is helping people with their computer technical problems. A buy/sell type of service may be considered at some point in the future but is just not in the cards right now. Thanks for understanding.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wanted.1088376/
Relevancy 33.97%

any ideas where i can get one of those spinning police lights one sees on the drudge report.

thanks

Relevancy 33.97%

For a few days now i have been getting commercial popups at certain times once every minutes or so and its really starting to annoy me Used Hijackthis log below and i think i found out what is Just to sure be wanted causing the adds but i wanted to be sure since last time i used hijackthis my comp crashed utterly Logfile of HijackThis Just wanted to be sure v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Eset nod exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Documents and Settings Fredrik Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE D Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE isuspm exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Bird mess bolt tool C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Amen base bird mess typesite exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run Steam quot D Spel Steam Steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run Bows Noun C DOCUME Fredrik APPLIC INTERP IntraInsideClose exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service NOD Kernel Service NOD krn - Eset - C Program Files Eset nod krn exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe Im guessing that the quot Bird Mess quot thingy might be the problem but i just wanted to be sure thx Arcbound nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys, just wanted to say hi and get to know you guys I stumbled upon vistax64 while researching superfetch in vista and honestly out of all the sites I have been to this one is the most informative and up to date. I found the tutorials section to be a real big help in fact I almost have vista setup just the way I want it because of the guides, so Thanks to all the guy who contributed to them =]. I do have a quick question I miss the way XP did its start menu as in hover over a item to go to its menu, vista you have to actually click the menu, anyway to return that to the way it used to be while still keeping the default vista look? Thanks and once again very nice and up to date site.

A:just wanted to say hi

Welcome to Vista Forums Vic1ous.

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/192918-just-wanted-say-hi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

okay now everytime i click on my desktop properties, or go to the control panel,
i get "Run DLL as APP has encountered a problem and needs to close"
just what does that mean and how can i get rid of it?

A:help wanted

What happens when you go to Start, Run, then type control panel

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-wanted-73309.html
Relevancy 33.97%

My Toshiba laptop screen froze while turning it on. I had it connected to my Panasonic TV using 14 pin computer cord. Which I have used before with no problem. I looked for help through the community. Upon reading through I read DAVEINCAPS solution. It worked so I want to shout out a thank you to him.Thanks DAVEINCAPS for helping me resolve on how turn off frozen Toshiba Laptop. edited by moderator: Remove e-mail address

A:I just wanted to say thanks for your help

Nice when people post back...However - please do not include your email in a post... Doing so means the scammers and others will gather it up and bombard you with assorted junk, scams and worse...Never include any personal login info, passwords, software keys, email addresses/phone numbers and so on... Suggest you edit your post to remove your email address...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/i-just-wanted-to-say-thanks-for-your-help/810.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes.

As my friend is completely unable to access the internet, he asked if I would post the following message - and I quote :

"No Device Manager.
No Printers.
Error 0X80040900 when trying to log on.
Try and set up a connection.
Unable to create the specific connection.
This can be caused by insufficient memory or not enough disc space."

His comments are : "Loads of disc space, only using 5% of memory at the time"

He is using Cable Broadband and XP Home.

He has spoken to his ISP and they said it is nothing to do with them.

I know the details are a bit sketchy but my wife took the message at the time and I've not been able to reach him to get any more info!

Can anyone help please?...........OG

A:Help wanted

Have them try this:Now please Download LSPFix from:LSP-FixRun the program and check immediately press the finish button.Then Reboot.To see a tutorial on how to use this program click the link below:Using LSP-Fix to remove LSP Spyware & HijackersLet us know if its better now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16231/help-wanted/
Relevancy 33.97%

My computer has been posting this message for weeks System Alert System has detected a number of active spyware applications that may impact the performance of your computer Click the icon to get rid of unwanted spyware by downloading an up-to-date antispyware solution Help wanted. I ve run Ad-Aware SpyBot Help wanted. S amp D and they didn t take care of it and now I turn to you for guidance Help wanted. I ve just run HighjackThis and here are the results PLEASE HELP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe E Program Files D-Link Air Utility AirCFG exe C Program Files Alpha Networks ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS explorer exe E Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe E Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe E Program Files Trillian Help wanted. trillian exe E Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - E PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - E Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - D D E A- - CA-B F - DB E D - no file O - BHO no name - E BFF - A - e-A EF- A - no file O - HKLM Run D-Link Air Utility E Program Files D-Link Air Utility AirCFG exe O - HKLM Run ANIWZCSService C Program Files Alpha Networks ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe O - HKLM Run SecurityUpdate rundll exe C WINDOWS system nwuvynx dll TurnOn O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer E Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run AIM E Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - Startup Trillian lnk E Program Files Trillian trillian exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res E PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - E Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - E Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - E Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - E Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - E Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra but... Read more

A:Help wanted.

Please turn off the bold

you cut off the top of the log be sure to post it next time

==========================

If you have vundofix, remove it and get the current version

Please download http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=4 to C:\
Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
click the Scan for Vundo button.
Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES.
Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
Turn your computer back on.
Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt Even if it does not find anything.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears at reboot.

Please let Vundo finish its thing, sometimes it can take multiple passes
====================
Download Superantispyware (SAS)

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
Click close and close again to exit the program.
Please paste that information here for me with a new HijackThis log.

This can take a while!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wanted.602935/
Relevancy 33.97%

My Toshiba laptop screen froze while turning it on. I had it connected to my Panasonic TV using 14 pin computer cord. Which I have used before with no problem. I looked for help through the community. Upon reading through I read DAVEINCAPS solution. It worked so I want to shout out a thank you to him.Thanks DAVEINCAPS for helping me resolve on how turn off frozen Toshiba Laptop. [email protected]

A:I just wanted to sY thanks

Nice when people post back...However - please do not include your email in a post... Doing so means the scammers and others will gather it up and bombard you with assorted junk, scams and worse...Never include any personal login info, passwords, software keys, email addresses/phone numbers and so on... Suggest you edit your post to remove your email address...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/i-just-wanted-to-sy-thanks/810.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Good Evening The following is a HJT log generated by my computer Yesterday Norton reported a Bloodhound virus that it could not fix and I have since run Spybot Adaware and xoftspy to no avail They find and fix many items yet the problem remains Panda on-line scan revealed Trj wanted help HJT Downloader ATA and Trj Startpage SJ viruses Any suggestions on deletions would be greatly appreciated SIZE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXED CooLSrv exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS HJT help wanted Explorer EXEC Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exeC Program Files Customizer XP RAMIdle exeD Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC PROGRA NORTON navapw exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files snrc vj snrc vj exeC WINDOWS System Pfvjnz exeC WINDOWS System runmeng exeC Program Files Media Pass MediaPass exeC WINDOWS System ap h qmo exeD Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC WINDOWS System pruttct exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files Media Pass MediaPassK exeC WINDOWS System rdopolcy exeC program files internet explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA Toolbar pib exeC PROGRA Toolbar TBPS exec PROGRA Toolbar radio exeC WINDOWS System pruttct exeC hijack HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http sidesearch htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www websearch com ie aspx tb id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www xmradio com xstream service account index jspR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www comcast netR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www websearch com ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch res C PROGRA Toolbar toolbar dll saR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www xmradio com xstream service account index jspR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www websearch com ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch res C PROGRA Toolbar toolbar dll saR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast High-Speed InternetR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A - E E- -B D- DBE - C PROGRA Toolbar toolbar dllO - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO PynixObj Class - -DD - - EC - E - C WINDOWS Pynix dllO - BHO My Search BHO - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - C Program Files MySearch bar bin S BAR DLLO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - D A- DBA- AF-A C -DBE C - C Program Files snrc vj snrc vj dllO - BHO SDWin Class - BF DEE- A - AFE-B AE- FAC B F - C WINDOWS System gktfs dll file missing O - BHO RsyncHlpr Class - B D - DE- CE- F -B ECE C D - C WINDOWS System rsyncmon dllO - BHO no name - A D - F- -B -CE CACDB C - C Program Files snrc vj snrc vj dllO - BHO no name - CE - FF- B F- C -C E AB EC - C Program Files snrc vj snrc vj dllO - BHO CControl Object - ABC - BF- B -B -F DB C FD - C Program Files E G IeBHOs dll file missing O - BHO SDWin Class - BFD D- - C -A F- AA EF - C WINDOWS System ygvcx dllO - BHO Search Bar - E BD F- B D- E-A F -FC EB A D - C WIND... Read more

A:HJT help wanted

Hi There,Do you have Adaware SE installed? I think you are still using an older version of adaware, because there are items present in your log that adaware Se can delete without any problems.So if not installed, Download the latest version of Ad-Aware SE and update it!:http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/* Download CWShredder. Start CWShredder and click FIX*Start hijackthis and place a checkmark before the following items:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://69.42.87.219/sidesearch.htmlR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.websearch.com/ie.aspx?tb_id=50220R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = http://www.websearch.com/ie.aspx?tb_id=50220R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,CustomizeSearch = res://C:\PROGRA~1\Toolbar\toolbar.dll/saR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.websearch.com/ie.aspx?tb_id=50220R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = res://C:\PROGRA~1\Toolbar\toolbar.dll/saR3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972} - C:\PROGRA~1\Toolbar\toolbar.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - SOFTWARE - (no file)O2 - BHO: PynixObj Class - {00000000-DD60-0064-6EC2-6E0100000000} - C:\WINDOWS\Pynix.dllO2 - BHO: My Search BHO - {014DA6C1-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10} - C:\Program Files\MySearch\bar\1.bin\S4BAR.DLLO2 - BHO: (no name) - {097D441A-6DBA-49AF-A1C1-DBE183907C16} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: SDWin32 Class - {0BF21DEE-1A18-4AFE-B8AE-705FAC3B9F31} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\gktfs.dll (file missing)O2 - BHO: RsyncHlpr Class - {16B238D5-80DE-47CE-8F17-B3ECE2C2248D} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\rsyncmon.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {20A80D01-048F-4365-B269-CE0CACDB35C8} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {336CE970-94FF-4B1F-8C08-C84E41AB5EC4} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: CControl Object - {3643ABC2-21BF-46B9-B230-F247DB0C6FD6} - C:\Program Files\E2G\IeBHOs.dll (file missing)O2 - BHO: SDWin32 Class - {420BFD9D-4944-4C99-A35F-3AA7462328EF} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ygvcx.dllO2 - BHO: Search Bar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-A1F6-FC7EB590A97D} - C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLO~1\search3.dllO2 - BHO: CAUN Object - {59F12660-2B92-4554-98F9-87295AD8A0CE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\AUNBHO.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {6BDCE7DE-2136-4980-AFEB-EF80C658D988} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972} - C:\PROGRA~1\Toolbar\toolbar.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {91B51C03-9A3E-4ADB-BDC0-AE670B6769D7} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {A56E0ED7-8DA3-46DF-84C7-674A806E837D} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {A6C49FE7-D298-4016-A718-FEAB5110D3E3} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {AC9488CC-3BF9-4D28-8551-FED316BFCD68} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {BE153388-0682-46BF-9737-03384031ADD0} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {C0A54932-8CAC-4D44-A3C0-77E64EC5FC9A} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {D10DD025-D00B-4F19-BF5D-821E17201D53} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {E5704083-2A31-4653-B42C-6BF96A50AB67} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {F3A5D7A7-EB16-4274-BE93-9961072B7CF1} - C:\Program Files\snrc20vj\snrc20vj.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {FB7FAB97-8FC8-4899-B109-05... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/12893/hjt-help-wanted/
Relevancy 33.97%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C wanted..... help pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc help wanted..... pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! exe C WINDOWS system UStorSrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C Program Files Common help wanted..... pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YServer exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run Creative WebCam Tray C Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - HKCU Run Spyware Doctor quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe quot Q O - HKCU Run VoipStunt quot C progra... Read more

A:help wanted..... pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you give more detail on the nature or symptoms of the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wanted-pls.675659/