Windows Support Forum

Chrome prob?

Q: Chrome prob?

Hi all

Not sure where to post this but... I use Chrome V13 as default browser (I also have IE9 installed). I am running Win 7 Pro 64 bit. AV is G Data and I use Comodo Firewall / HIPS.

When I try logging in to my online banking account under Chrome, I invariably get an error returned the first time saying that I keyed in the wrong password / credentials. Try again immediately & it works perfectly every time.

I suspect that some SW (something in Chrome??) is interfering with the entry of the password ??? I don't get the problem with IE9 at all.

My wife uses Firefox 6 on her PC. She doesn't see this problem at all.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Chrome prob?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Chrome prob?

cookie settings?

Any additional security extensions that you are using?

Since installing ghostery I get "hiccups"

I'm not a major Chrome user - but I have SR IRon installed because I like checking out different browsers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/182758-chrome-prob.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I use Classic Shell

After a recent update, whenever I drag a tab out of Chrome, open an incognito, or compose a message in cpanel, the new window triggers the Windows8-style Chome (ie exits my classic shell). For example, when I click "Manage attachments" below, it opens it in the Windows-8 style.

How do I fix this?

Thank you,
DB

A:After recent update, opening new Windows in Chrome prob

Hello DB, and welcome to Eight Forums.

This may be able to help you to open Chrome in desktop mode again.

Chrome Browser - Toggle Between Desktop and Windows 8 Mode

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/56956-after-recent-update-opening-new-windows-chrome-prob.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all,

I'm using L7VMM3 with an on board CPU. (yer i was tricked 2 years ago
512ram

as topic states, my PC simply won't turn on.

I push the buttons, I see fans spinning... and nothing... I looked into forums and tried these things:
- checked if the ram is located correctly
- switched ram
- cleaned dust
- unscrewed the mobo and isolated it from the box
- cleared the CMOS
- took the battery out, and back in (maybe back in upside down? )
- took all slots out including the GF4 and now trying to work on the onboard vga
- called 911 ( ok no...)
- changed the PSU - (oh i forgot to say that my PSU died and then I tried 2 different PSU's! that didnt work)

how can I check psu details maybe that's the reason (tho i doubt it, the other psu's work on other PCs at my home)

A:known prob -> Mobo won't post - (monitor won't turn in) -PSU prob?

You have been very thorough, time to buy a new mobo i'd say!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/known-prob-mobo-wont-post-monitor-wont-turn-in-psu-prob.50985/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey All First post here I did a search and did not find any specific answer to my problem Firstly I am running Win Ultimate with an Nvidia GT video card running HDMI through the SPDIF output to the graphics card My problem is getting my pc to duplicate to my HDTV when I hit the windows p shortcut and select the duplicate option everything goes OK and I get pics on both monitors The problem is that my PC changes resolution and slightly distorts By distorts I mean circles look like and prob Monitor as well audio prob Multiple eggs but HDTV is fine My monitor is set to x I have the latest drivers installed and have re-installed them twice to be sure I Multiple Monitor prob and audio prob as well get them same error using the Nvidia Control panel when running XP I had no problems at all doing this and running the correct resolution on both outputs The other problem is when using VLC I get audio out to the HDTV no problem but when I try and use Windows Media center or player I get no sound at all Any help would be great Multiple Monitor prob and audio prob as well Thanks

A:Multiple Monitor prob and audio prob as well

Quote: Originally Posted by FatsWaler

Hey All

First post here, I did a search and did not find any specific answer to my problem. Firstly I am running Win 7 Ultimate with an Nvidia 8600 GT video card running HDMI through the SPDIF output to the graphics card.

My problem is getting my pc to duplicate to my HDTV when I hit the windows+p shortcut and select the duplicate option everything goes OK and I get pics on both monitors. The problem is that my PC changes resolution and slightly distorts. By distorts I mean circles look like eggs but HDTV is fine.

My monitor is set to 1920x1280. I have the latest drivers installed and have re-installed them twice to be sure. I get them same error using the Nvidia Control panel, when running XP I had no problems at all doing this and running the correct resolution on both outputs.

The other problem is when using VLC I get audio out to the HDTV no problem but when I try and use Windows Media center or player I get no sound at all.

Any help would be great,

Thanks

Have you run media setup when using your TV? This should set the resolution and the sound up for you.

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/36760-multiple-monitor-prob-audio-prob-well.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Desktop with Vista Outlook HP psc printer I think my first problem was that I couldn t print The computer was recognising the printer and communicating Prob. Office Prob Printer with Office Prob. Printer Prob it However looking in control panel gt printers etc it said it was offline It wouldn t let me put it online However many times I tried switched printer off on switched pc off on Read that maybe it needed to be removed and reinstalled so I tried that Unfortunately neither using uninstall in control panel or via programmes seems to uninstall it properly Now it won t work at all Tried reinstalling unfortunately the disk i have is for xp so i have to download from hp site Unfortunately irt still won t install properly But that s only the start of my problems I guess that my botched uninstall has damaged some other files- to do with windows and office When i boot up I get error message times headed logon gui Says problem with file quot c Windows System audioreg dll is not a windows file or is damaged quot When i dismiss the messages the pc seems to run fine till i try to open Office programmes I then get error message c Windows system msacm dll not windows file or damaged Then a problem with C Windows cabinet dll The Office files will open but with limited colours Except Outlook won t open at all saying there s a missing file So I try going back to an earlier restore point It doesn t help I try repairing Office using the original disk but it saysW CAB is missing But when I explore the disk it seems to be there Now even the screensaver doesn t work as it says there is amissing file Have scanned with MalwareBytes and it says it s clean Last resort will be a complete reinstall of Vista but would like to avoid that if poss nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-prob-printer-prob.937625/
Relevancy 37.84%

when i start my PC am geting this messageI dont know how to fix this prob so please help me to fix it.i am new here and i dont know much abt this site..so please let me know and help me out..thanksMoved from the XP Forum. ~acklan~

A:When I Start My Pc I Got This Prob...could Anyone Help Me To Fix This Prob?

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum M_hadi Download and install Hijackthis.This is a self-extracting version which will automatically install HJT to C:\Program Files\Hijackthis by default,a desktop shortcut will also be created.Launch Hijack This and press:'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.Notepad will pop up showing the Hijack This log.Copy and paste the contents of that log into your next reply.You'll also find the 'hijackthis' logfile in C:\Program Files\Hijackthis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/89906/when-i-start-my-pc-i-got-this-probcould-anyone-help-me-to-fix-this-prob/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have got Chrome's built-in cleanup tool reporting that unwanted programs affect Chrome's behavior:

Conduit Toolbars

----------

Conduit Toolbars: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\cre
Conduit Toolbars: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\cre\pacgpkgadgmibnhpdidcnfafllnmeomc.crx
Conduit Toolbars: C:\Program Files (x86)\conduit\community alerts
Conduit Toolbars: C:\Program Files (x86)\conduit\community alerts\Alert.dll
Conduit Toolbars: HKLM:32\software\conduit\community alerts\
Conduit Toolbars: HKCU:32\software\appdatalow\software\conduit\

How do I know what toolbars are those? How do I find and uninstall them? Are these toolbars some of Chrome's extensions by any chance?

Thanks

Windows 7 64-bit
Chrome latest version

A:Chrome Cleanup Tool Reports That Unwanted Programs Affect Chrome Browser

Hi Boris_yo My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. According to the log you just posted, these files belongs to Conduit Search/Search Conduit, a known browser hijacker and toolbar. However, getting rid of it is quite easy Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594072/chrome-cleanup-tool-reports-that-unwanted-programs-affect-chrome-browser/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all First of all I want Chrome Chrome Google mouse itself by Task move cursor and Manage opened in While to say thank you you are just wonderful guys and we are While in Chrome mouse cursor move by itself and opened Google Chrome Task Manage lucky to have you in our lives I've searched and found here similar posts by other users But I thought it would be wise to troubleshoot this While in Chrome mouse cursor move by itself and opened Google Chrome Task Manage one together As one of the admin said that using some tools without the guidance of a professional troubleshooter penetration tester is not recommended so you know thought not to take the chances Here is a log file from AdwCleaner AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Home x Username h z - DESKTOP-EN P P Running from C Users ha Downloads adwcleaner exe Option Scan Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders Folder Found C acestream cache Folder Found C ProgramData mntemp Folder Found C Users h z AppData Local Temp Video Converter Folder Found C Users h z AppData LocalLow acestream Folder Found C Users h z AppData Roaming acestream Folder Found C Users h z AppData Roaming acestream Folder Found C Users h z AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Ace Stream Media Files File Found C Users h z AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Local Storage hxxp st chatango com localstorage File Found C Users h z AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Local Storage hxxp st chatango com localstorage-journal DLL Shortcuts Scheduled tasks Registry Key Found HKCU Software Classes Applications ace player exe Key Found HKCU Software Classes AudioCD shell PlayWithACEStream Key Found HKCU Software Classes DVD shell PlayWithACEStream Key Found HKCU Software Classes MIME Database Content Type application x-acestream-plugin Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer AutoplayHandlers Handlers ACEStreamPlayCDAudioOnArrival Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer AutoplayHandlers Handlers ACEStreamPlayDVDAudioOnArrival Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer AutoplayHandlers Handlers ACEStreamPlayDVDMovieOnArrival Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer AutoplayHandlers Handlers ACEStreamPlayMusicFilesOnArrival Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer AutoplayHandlers Handlers ACEStreamPlaySVCDMovieOnArrival Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer AutoplayHandlers Handlers ACEStreamPlayVCDMovieOnArrival Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer AutoplayHandlers Handlers ACEStreamPlayVideoFilesOnArrival Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer FileExts acelive Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer FileExts acemedia Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer FileExts acestream Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer FileExts tslive Key Found HKCU Software Classes CLSID -ED E- C-BBBA-F B EDE Key Found HKCU Software AceStream Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall AceStream Key Found HKU S- - - - - - - Software AceStream Key Found HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall AceStream Value Found HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy FirewallRules TCP Query User E AF - C - DDA-B F- DD CF BCD C users ha appdata roaming acestream engine ace engine exe Value Found HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy FirewallRules UDP Query User FF DDA B- B- ABF-B F - D E C users ha appdata roaming acestream engine ace engine exe Value Found HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy FirewallRules TCP Query User BA B -C B- -ABD -C D C users ha appdata roaming acestream engine ace engine exe V... Read more

A:While in Chrome mouse cursor move by itself and opened Google Chrome Task Manage

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please run the AdwCleaner tool and clean everything that was identified.===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.How to attach a file to your reply:In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.Attach the file.Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.Click the file you wish to Attach.Click the Add reply button.===Please post the logs.Let me know what problems persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607945/while-in-chrome-mouse-cursor-move-by-itself-and-opened-google-chrome-task-manage/
Relevancy 35.69%

I'm not sure if this is a second occasion or returning symptoms, but they just appeared again.

I did everything in this website and then some - Remove "Ads by DNS Unlocker" virus (Uninstall Guide)

A:DNS Unlocker appearing in Chrome but not being removed from virus scans or restarting Chrome

Some things did not go through, but Current Issues and Symptoms are the same thing as Initial symptoms.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/dns-unlocker-appearing-in-chrome-but-not-being-removed-from-virus-scans-or-restarting-chrome.60822/
Relevancy 35.69%

I having a google chrome lately.
Whenever I wanted to save a webpage written in HTML,Asp,Php, etc. I will not be able to save it.
For example, a 82Kb HTML webpage will save to 4Kb then it stop forever.If I press retry, it will download and save without problem.
It's not the ISP connection as the same page can be saved in IE.So use IE right except that some pages written in other languages also cannot be saved using IE except for Chrome.
So I am having 2 corrupted browsers in my Win7.
So how do I uninstall & reinstall chrome without this problem cropping up again?
Do I use Control Panel to add or delete this program?
Thank you for any reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394194-chrome-unable-save-webpages-how-uninstall-reinstall-chrome.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Reduce Chrome memory usage get a bird s eye view of all of your Chrome tabs and get rid of tab clutter with one click If you used to use too many tabs open in your Chrome browser then Tabr Memory (Chrome | and extension) Chrome Saver Tab Manager Tabr is what you need It s a must-have extension for any Chrome user accustomed to work with dozens of tabs and suffering from computer lagging due to Chrome memory usage With Tabr you suspend tabs and can get a bird s eye view of all of your Chrome tabs in all windows in a sleek interface manage and open them with a single click Key Features Free up RAM and unload Tabr | Chrome Tab Manager and Memory Saver (Chrome extension) CPU View all your open Chrome tabs from all windows in one observer with big beautiful thumbnails Suspend Chrome tabs and sessions and view them in archive for later access Single Tab Suspension suspend any tabs instead of a whole browsing session Auto-Suspending for Tabs set a custom duration for Tabr to automatically suspend idle Chrome tabs that take up precious memory Rearrange rename open and delete Chrome tabs directly from within Tabr Manage your Chrome tabs like never before Save up memory and increase your productivity Take care of your computer s performance by keeping unused pages in one tab reopening them whenever necessary See you tabs all at once with thumbnails just like in Apple s Safari browser Tabr is optimized for Vivaldi and Yandex Browser Tabr is available in Chrome Web Store nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/tabr-chrome-tab-manager-and-memory-saver-chrome-extension.53822/
Relevancy 35.69%

I was surfing the net trying to get some insight into chrome since it is new for me SOMEWHERE I came across a suggestion that causes settings to open in Chrome in page need window-I chrome new settings guru! a opens its own Chrome settings page opens in new window-I need a chrome guru! window instead of a new tab I tried Chrome settings page opens in new window-I need a chrome guru! it and it worked After a while I realized that when I open history or extensions the settings link is no longer on the left side of the page On the settings page there are no longer links for history and extensions So I want to change it back to open normally in a tab Unfortunately I have no idea how I did this so I can't reverse it I am sure that it was Chrome settings page opens in new window-I need a chrome guru! not related to adding any extension or plug-in either Does anyone here know anything about how I may have done this I usually bookmark a page if I try a suggestion from that page But this time I didn't Yes I learned the moral about following suggestions It turns out that this one is not very well known I keep doing searches but I'm not finding anything There's all kinds of posts about chrome opening windows instead of tabs - but it's all tabs that are affected and it wasn't a choice made by the user In my case I actually CHANGED something somewhere to get this great feature - just for settings Any chrome gurus out there with advice other than reset chrome to original settings Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555673/chrome-settings-page-opens-in-new-window-i-need-a-chrome-guru/
Relevancy 35.69%

I noticed a lat jump after updating adobe. I checked my processes and there is a ton of Google Chrome Processes running. I did not have chrome loaded at that time. I have win 7. I have run bitfinder and it finds nothing wrong. I try ending them but they launch right back up. Bitfinder has found 430 infected web resource detected just today but it blocks it and says computer is safe. 

kraxzciwyk.exe*32  is the image name and the description is Google Chrome.

A:Lots of Google Chrome processes running but don't have chrome installed

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will st... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559729/lots-of-google-chrome-processes-running-but-dont-have-chrome-installed/
Relevancy 35.69%

A bunch of these jpkncmkh.exe *32 processes are always open in my task manager and my cpu is running at 90 to 100% and I don't have google chrome and the description is google chrome.  These must be viruses I need to get rid of im going to attach a frst files and logs because I saw other posts that did that. Please Help!!??

I want to copy and paste a fix list like I saw other people do to get rid of them but I don't know  how?

A:Fake Chrome Processes Please Help jpkncmkh.exe *32 description google chrome

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/554784 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554784/fake-chrome-processes-please-help-jpkncmkhexe-32-description-google-chrome/
Relevancy 35.69%

When downloading and installing the latest version of Google Chrome. (30.0.2171.95 m)
Does Chrome Remote Desktop plugin get installed by default?
I have already installed it without downloading on my work pc, should I be worried?

A:Does Chrome Remote Desktop plugin get installed by default in Chrome?

From what I know, Chrome Remote Desktop does not come with Chrome by default.You might want to check your Chrome installation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563044/does-chrome-remote-desktop-plugin-get-installed-by-default-in-chrome/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi

I am using Window 7 Home Basic with Sony Vaio eh26. Everything was working fine.. But in last 15-20 days chrome has started showing unexpected behavior. Whenever I start Chrome it freezes the System. I can access websites in chrome browser, but the System freezes. I have to open up task manager and end the process. I found one solution, however. If I start Firefox or IE prior to launching Chrome then it works just fine. After Chrome is launched even if I close Firefox/IE it works fine..

What may the problem? It is driving me mad.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice, disabled many extensions and I don't even have many extensions. Please help me if anyone knows the solution.

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/chrome-works-properly-if-firefox-ie-was-launched-before-starting-chrome-617823.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have many "Google Chrome" processes running (jthzgxbastyz.exe *32), but I don’t have Chrome installed on this computer. I have tried to run Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes anti-root, MacAfee root kit, and several others. Anything I try to open, never actually opens. I ran DDS, but it doesn’t look like its accessing the file system. I am an administrator on this computer, but when I attempt to download anything now from Internet Explorer, I get a Security Alert " Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded." I reset IE and it allows me to download the programs, but I still can’t run them. Hope this helps! Seems like I have a full blown infestation. L

Windows 7 Home Premium

attach.txt   933bytes
  1 downloads
DDS LOG

FRST.txt   22.46KB
  1 downloads
FRST LOG

A:Multiple Google Chrome Executables Running, but Chrome Not Installed

Hey, Please post the FRST Log into the thread rather attaching them. ;)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563838/multiple-google-chrome-executables-running-but-chrome-not-installed/
Relevancy 35.69%

I'm getting a pop up that tells me chrome has stopped working when I start up chrome. Then I get more of these pop ups as I browse the web. The pop up tells me chrome has stopped working when it actually hasn't. Anyone know how to fix this?

A:Getting chrome has stopped working popups but chrome still runs fine

Try resetting Google Chrome

Under Windows

Method 1:

Close all running instances of Google Chrome.

Go to the installation folder of Google Chrome:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\User Data.

In the User Data folder, look for a file named as "Default" and rename it.

Launch Google Chrome and a new "Default " file will be created.

Method 2:

On the latest version of Google Chrome, click on the Customize and control Google Chrome button > Settings.

Click on Advanced Settings.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, until you reached the "Reset browser settings" section.

Click on Reset browser settings.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/378923-getting-chrome-has-stopped-working-popups-but-chrome-still-runs-fine.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi there, I've been consistently getting BSODs on startup and when using Chrome over the past 2 days.

Every other time I load a new chrome tab (be it Youtube, Facebook, etc), the tab crashes. It says 'Aw Snap!'.

Then after a while of using Chrome on the computer , I get a BSOD.

I've attached a zip of what DM Log collector made.

Also I've attached a picture of the BSOD itself.

Let me know if you need anything else in order to figure out what has gone wrong. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

JSleek.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390940-bsod-when-using-chrome-past-2-days-also-chrome-tab-crashing.html
Relevancy 35.26%

My computer is running Windows About is running when Chrome Chrome uninstalled Google processes a week ago I started getting messages saying Google Chrome has crashed when Google Chrome was not open When I opened task manager many Google Chrome processes under the same name were running To try to fix the problem I Google Chrome processes running when Chrome is uninstalled uninstalled Google Chrome but the processes are still running Right now there are about processes named dlxyoesklw exe with the description Google Chrome in the task manager The number of running processes changed frequently and there are sometimes more than running all using various amounts of memory When I press End Process more processes just appear If I press Open File Location it now takes me to C Users Owner AppData LocalLow EmieBrowserModeList igsqvescqy mwqvrxfk If I try to delete the exe file it says The action can't be completed because the file is open in Google Chrome Close the file and try again but of course Google Chrome is uninstalled Twice I have tried to delete the whole folder by restarting the computer and quickly deleting it before the processes launched This did not work as the processes still appeared after the file was deleted and the folder relocated to a new one under AppData LocalLow The folder used to be in AppData LocalLow EmieSiteList before it relocated I have G Data TotalSecurity installed but it did not find anything This behavior is very suspicious What should I do

A:Google Chrome processes running when Chrome is uninstalled

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566059/google-chrome-processes-running-when-chrome-is-uninstalled/
Relevancy 35.26%

Getting Random Pop-up's from chrome browser based on other topics i've run FRST and am posting windows. not up (chrome) Browser.exe installed. Chrome popping is the logs below FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by codyb administrator on YAK on - Browser.exe (chrome) popping up windows. Chrome is not installed. - Running from C Users codyb DesktopPlatform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Normal The only official download link for FRST Download link for -Bit version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link for -Bit Version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated See tutorial for FRST http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe Cisco Systems Inc C Program Files x Cisco Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client vpnagent exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRYSVC EXE Dell Inc C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card BCMWLTRY EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exe Wave Systems Corp C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Access Advanced Wave Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Intel Corporation C Windows System IPROSetMonitor exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe O Micro International C Windows System drivers o flash exe C Windows SysWOW srvany exe O Micro C Windows SysWOW SDIOAssist exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Dell Inc C Program Files Dell Dell System Manager DCPSysMgrSvc exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe UPEK Inc C Program Files Common Files SPBA upeksvr exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System alg exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System cmd exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRAY EXE Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System net exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell Dell System Manager DCPSysMgr exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW rundll exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files DellTPad ApntEx exe Alps Electric Co Ltd C Program Files DellTPad hidfind exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW rundll exe Creative Technology Ltd C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe CyberLink Corp C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe Adobe Systems Inc C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe Apple Inc C Program Files... Read more

A:Browser.exe (chrome) popping up windows. Chrome is not installed.

Hi there,neat quick fix. How is your computer running after the following steps?Step 1Please download this attached
 fixlist.txt   318bytes
  4 downloads and save it in the same directory as FRST.Start FRST with Administrator privileges.Press the Fix button.When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) pops up and is saved to the same location the tool was run from.Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.Step 2Please download the ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.Disable the realtime-protection of your antivirus and anti-malware programs because they might interfere with the scan.Start esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe with administartor privileges.Select the option Yes, I accept the Terms of Use and click on Start.Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:Scan for potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth TechnologyClick on Start. The virus signature database will begin to download. This may take some time.When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.Note: This scan might take a long time! Please be patient.When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, but make sure you copy the logfile first!Now click on FinishA log file is created at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.Copy and paste the content of this log file in your next reply.Note: Do not forget to re-enable your antivirus application after running the above scan!Step 3Start FRST with administator privileges.Press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste this log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545921/browserexe-chrome-popping-up-windows-chrome-is-not-installed/
Relevancy 35.26%

Whenever I open Google Chrome the first time after I finish booting my computer, it hangs for three seconds, during that time I see a wild amount of solid flashing on my hard-drive light indicator.

Upon looking on my task manager, I see 4 Chrome processes running, one of which seems to be causing a'lot of activity on one of the hard-drives. After a said few seconds the process disappears leaving only three processes and no hard-drive activity.

Is there anyway of stopping this kind of strange hard-drive activity when 'm opening chrome? I'm afraid the repeat thrashing might cause my hard-drive to wear out prematurely.

If anyone can help, please respond.

Thank you in advance.
-Arcturus Fyr

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/47371-google-chrome-disk-thrashing-when-opening-chrome.html
Relevancy 35.26%

istart webssearches com was installed on all of my browsers after downloading File downloader It hijacked the default search engine and home page I successfully redefined them but since the hijack Chrome closes itself immediately after being run and if it does stay open does not remember the previously open tabs run, processes Chrome it When chrome make disappear fake is Before installing the suspect program I had created a system restore point and also saved my registry files using ERUNT but restoring them did not fix the problem Malwarebytes found and removed Win tasks for MySearchDial and a registry key with a suspect Chrome extension - but this didn't help either The problems disappear if I manually kill the When Chrome is run, fake chrome processes make it disappear numerous chrome processes found in Task Manager But the processes and the problems with When Chrome is run, fake chrome processes make it disappear Chrome are When Chrome is run, fake chrome processes make it disappear back after the next bootup DDS TXT DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Abba at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Panda Free Antivirus Enabled Updated B-FDAA-FFFD- C - BB D C SP Panda Free Antivirus Enabled Updated F EF-DB -F - C - C CD SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Panda Firewall Disabled C DF E-B C -FEA - D D-D D Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Program Files x Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vpnagent exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files x Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files x Common Files Acronis CDP afcdpsrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k apphost C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin cmw srv exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LPDService C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Security Protection PSANHost exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe C Windows SysWOW NLSSRV EXE C Program Files x NetworkIndicator NetworkIndicator exe C Program Files OO Software Defrag oodag exe C Program Files x Linkman Linkman exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Devices Agent AgentSvc exe C Util DesktopOK DesktopOK x exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Dexpot dexpot exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Security Protection PSUAService exe C Program Files x Copernic DesktopSearch Copernic DesktopSearch exe C Windows System spool drivers x E IATIILE EXE C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanTray exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files x Recaps recaps exe C Users Abba AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows SysWOW WebUpdateSvc exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHan... Read more

A:When Chrome is run, fake chrome processes make it disappear

Hello buznog,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.

1.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool .Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer.After the scan has finished...Click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder. 2.Download and run Junkware Removal Tool. ***Your Anti Virus may see this download as malicious, don't worry continue on. 

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator"
the tool will open and start scanning your systemplease be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specificationson completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically openpost the contents of JRT.txt into your next Reply. 3.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.Please copy and paste log back here.The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
   If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
   Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

Finally, please reply using the Post  button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550645/when-chrome-is-run-fake-chrome-processes-make-it-disappear/
Relevancy 35.26%

So I have tried uninstalling chrome and reinstalling it I can't reinstall it and Yahoo still has my browser hijacked by Chrome reinstall Win7, cannot yahoo, chrome hijacked I have run malwarebytes chameleon and rootkit but they all come up clean The following is my DDS file and I am attaching it as well Could someone please help Thank you in advance Tami DDS Ver - - Microsoft Win7, Chrome hijacked by yahoo, cannot reinstall chrome Windows GAMER Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date AM System Uptime AM hours ago Motherboard Intel Corp Win7, Chrome hijacked by yahoo, cannot reinstall chrome Base Board Product Name Processor Intel reg Core Duo Win7, Chrome hijacked by yahoo, cannot reinstall chrome CPU T GHz CPU mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM Disabled Device Manager Items Class GUID Description Device ID ACPI TOS amp DABA FF amp Manufacturer Name PNP Device ID ACPI TOS amp DABA FF amp Service System Restore Points RP PM - Installed Java Update RP PM - Windows Update RP PM - Configured TOSHIBA Supervisor Password RP PM - Driver Booster Intel reg ICH M port Serial ATA Storage Controller - RP AM - Driver Booster High Definition Audio Device RP PM - Removed IObit Apps Toolbar v RP AM - Windows Modules Installer Installed Programs -Zip x edition -Zip Adobe AIR Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Reader X Apple Application Support Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update avast Internet Security Bonjour Cole k Media - Codec Pack Advanced Combined Community Codec Pack - - Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with SpeedBooster Driver - WUSB GSC Google Chrome Google Update Helper Intel reg Graphics Media Accelerator Driver iTunes Java Update Java Auto Updater Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Microsoft NET Framework Microsoft Office Service Pack SP Microsoft Office Access MUI English Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Enterprise Microsoft Office Excel MUI English Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In Microsoft Office Groove MUI English Microsoft Office Groove Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office InfoPath MUI English Microsoft Office Office -bit Components Microsoft Office OneNote MUI English Microsoft Office Outlook MUI English Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI English Microsoft Office Proof English Microsoft Office Proof French Microsoft Office Proof Spanish Microsoft Office Proofing English Microsoft Office Proofing Tools Service Pack SP Microsoft Office Publisher MUI English Microsoft Office Shared -bit MUI English Microsoft Office Shared -bit Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Shared MUI English Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Word MUI English Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x MotoHelper MergeModules MSXML SP KB PreReq Rosetta Stone Version Synaptics Pointing Device Driver TOSHIBA Supervisor Password Update for Microsoft Office System KB Update for Microsoft Office Help for Common Features KB Update for Microsoft Office suites KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office suites KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office suites KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office suites KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office Access Help KB Update for Microsoft Office Excel Help KB Update for Microsoft Office Infopath Help KB Update for Microsoft Office OneNote Help KB Update for Microsoft Office Outlook KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office Outlook Help KB Update for Microsoft Office Outlook Junk Email Filter KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office Powerpoint Help KB Update for Microsoft Office Publisher Help KB Update for Microsoft Office Script Editor Help KB Update for Microsoft Office Word Help KB VLC media player WD SmartWare Windows Live Messenger WinRAR arkivering Event Viewer Messages From Past Week AM Error Service Control Manager - The Google Update Service gupdate service failed to start due to th... Read more

A:Win7, Chrome hijacked by yahoo, cannot reinstall chrome

Hi and Welcome!!   

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that....     Let's get going!!  
----------

Run a new scan with DDS and post the new DDS.txt log that will be created.  
----------
  Please download TDSSKiller
Double click TDSSKiller.exe
Press Start Scan but do nothing else as we are just looking for what is there.
If Malicious objects are found, select Skip by changing the Cure dropdown in the upper right.
Attach the log in your next reply
A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)

----------
   AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the toolVista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
----------

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516008/win7-chrome-hijacked-by-yahoo-cannot-reinstall-chrome/
Relevancy 35.26%

Alright so I've had an issue with Chrome for the past couple weeks where every time I open up Chrome whether's it's in the morning after my computer's been off all night or I close the browser and open it again a few minutes later my ad blocker extensions automatically uninstall The only extensions I have on chrome are AdBlock Adblock Plus Adguard AdBlocker I have tried only using one at a time to see if maybe one of them is corrupt and is affecting the rest but so far every single one of them have the same problem I've tried using a couple others Adblock Super and Adblock Pro but they keep uninstalling as well & uninstall not Chrome list a uninstalling/still Chrome in pop-up Extensions get I know this isn't caused by a virus on my computer because I've run a full systems check with Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials and they say I'm clean Also I just got a new laptop and Chrome Extensions uninstalling/still get a pop-up & Chrome not in uninstall list I'm having the same troubles on there Another issue that has only recently occurred in the past couple of days is that my ad blockers don't seem to be doing their job properly because I keep getting one pop up inconsistently I'll open a page and SOMETIMES I'll get this almost-window-wide pop up and a dialogue box and after I close the dialogue box it comes back only with an option to Prevent this page from creating additional dialogues and after I click that press OK and close the pop up I'm alright And sometimes when I open up a new tab or page I'll get a blank pop up I can just close I've attached pictures of this sequence of events I do not have this problem on my laptop My last issue was brought to my attention when I was trying to fix these problems I went to the Programs and Features option in my Control Panel to uninstall and then reinstall Google Chrome this has helped fix lots of issues for me before but Google Chrome is not there I have the Google Drive and the Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer but not the browser itself and I don't know where else to go to uninstall it that isn't just deleting a shortcut I do not have this problem with my laptop It shows up just fine Does anyone have any ideas how to fix any of my problems here Thanks Arlothia

A:Chrome Extensions uninstalling/still get a pop-up & Chrome not in uninstall list

Scan with Malwarebytes AntiRootkit

Please download MBAR and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator, tool will extract itself, and then launch.

Click Next to accept terms and conditions, and click Update to obtain latest definitions.

If malware is found click on Cleanup button , but make sure that Create restore point option is checked before proceeding !

Program will ask you to restart, allow it to do so.Note: If you're experiencing internet connection issues or other anomalies after running MBAR and removal of rootkits, it is recommended to run fixdamage.exe located inside mbar folder. Run it as Administrator and press Y if asks you do you want to continue.

Step 2

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator, accept terms of usage, and wait while database is updating.

After it's done with updating, click Scan button and wait while it's scanning.

All found items remove by clicking on Cleaning button, and allow tool to restart.

After restart will make a log which you will attach or paste in your reply.

Step 3
Download JRT by Malwarebytes and save it to your desktop.
Run tool as Administrator,accept disclaimer by pressing Y, and wait while it's scanning system.
Tool will automatically scan and remove all found items, if tool requires restart, allow it to do so.
Attach log here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584751/chrome-extensions-uninstallingstill-get-a-pop-up-chrome-not-in-uninstall-list/
Relevancy 35.26%

Chrome Version Google Chrome Official Build mOperating System Windows Extensions AdBlock Any do avast Online Security Awesome Screenshot Capture amp desktop working chrome.exe Chrome not after renaming shortcut Annotate Evernote Web Clipper Google Dictionary by Google LastPass The Times of India WOT Hi Since the last few days I had not been able to surf any page on Chrome I could not even open the setting page nor any other option on the Wrench section Whatever I tried to open the result was just a blank page with no activity at all I tried all sorts of different solutions listed on the various sites like reinstalling disabling uninstalling my AV Firewall Scanning for possible malware etc etc nothing worked The only thing that worked was renaming the chrome executable In C Prog Files Google Chrome Application to something else other than the default chrome exe However now all my shortcuts have stopped working I have tried recreating these with the Chrome desktop shortcut not working after renaming chrome.exe renamed file but to no avail I always keep getting the same error See screenshot Any way to get the shortcuts working I'm presuming there would be some registry changes required

A:Chrome desktop shortcut not working after renaming chrome.exe

Can you show us a screenshot of your target?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515558/chrome-desktop-shortcut-not-working-after-renaming-chromeexe/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have noticed of late - lets say the last few weeks at least that hi-def p possibly p also 'tubes Chrome Chrome: Is Youtube?? IE10 Beats throttling played via Chrome are laggy - choppy where in the past the exact same had been like butter I had wondered if something about my internal IE10 Beats Chrome: Is Chrome throttling Youtube?? lan was deteriorating but running speedtest I'm actually getting excellent full-throttle everywhere I had just reinstalled fresh Ulti x on my lab mule and installed IE as I have done on my carry weapon thinkpad I thought I'd test such things on my big screen quot Sony via Chrome pulled up a youtube link I'm very familiar with flipped on fullscreen and p and let it rip choppy to me it appeared that the network couldn't keep up so I did the standard trick of halting and backing the vid to let the buffer gain some headroom visually it looked like this was having no effect So I stopped all that shutdown chrome opened IE and did the same vid there Voila' - the vid played silky smooth and the visual buffer indication was running well ahead of the frames I'm wondering if in order to constrain explosive growth in bandwidth-demand at Youtube if Google slipped a throttling function into Chrome specifically to constrain bandwidth on their property anyone know

A:IE10 Beats Chrome: Is Chrome throttling Youtube??

I have seen this fix for what you are complaining of several times. Basically Chrome has it's own flash, and you have flash installed on your system. Have a look:

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/267164-ie10-beats-chrome-chrome-throttling-youtube.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I m seeing a rather odd problem in Chrome on a work-managed machine I suspect that some kind of GPO was pushed recently that is breaking Chrome s functionality but - Chrome etc. Store, facebook, Chrome cannot access chat Web app, I m not sure of this at all When I try to access certain websites they either only partially load or fail completely The Chrome Web Chrome - cannot access Chrome Web Store, facebook, chat app, etc. Store fails It loads most of the stuff the page requests but hangs at either googleads g doubleclick net or google com uds When trying to access Facebook the site loads but then hangs trying to load a CSS file While it s hanging Flash crashes several times and it s not possible to click links scroll or do anything else Additionally I m unable to even close the tabs that are hanging Few websites actually work - most hang even sites I ve never visited before Chrome - cannot access Chrome Web Store, facebook, chat app, etc. Additionally I use the quot Chat for Google quot plugin daily This also fails to load correctly or log me Chrome - cannot access Chrome Web Store, facebook, chat app, etc. in to Google talk I ve used a couple malware scanners to see if anything comes up - my machine appears to be clean I don t have this issue in Firefox or Internet Explorer I ve tried uninstalling reinstalling Chrome and wiped out my Chrome user profile to make sure it wasn t a bad extension or something I ve also manually uninstalled and reinstalled Flash Edit I also went through and disabled nearly every plugin for Chrome including Adobe Flash and Google s own built-in Flash player PepperFlash That fixed Facebook but not the Chrome store

A:Chrome - cannot access Chrome Web Store, facebook, chat app, etc.

Do you use AdBlock? It was on the fritz this afternoon but seems to be OK now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470425/chrome-cannot-access-chrome-web-store-facebook-chat-app-etc/
Relevancy 35.26%

For the past few days when I open up Google Chrome I get a white page with a yellow ribbon at the top that says "Chrome didn't shut down correctly" and then an option to "restore" which only brings me to a new tab page.
I have looked for solutions and have tried going into appdata and changing my "Default" folder into "Default_old" then closing down Chrome and opening it again but that doesn't work (and I don't get another "Default" folder as the instructions says I should). I have tried disabling my extensions (of which pretty much all of them are ad blockers) and apps. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome but so far nothing has worked. Am I just not doing these things correctly? Is there another way I can stop this? Because I would really love to open up Chrome and have my homepages there.

Thanks!
~:A:~

A:Google Chrome - "chrome didn't shut down correctly"

We're good! Looks like it had something to do with my ad blocker extensions!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567552/google-chrome-chrome-didnt-shut-down-correctly/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I have a problem with the chrome application on my desktop, as soon as I open chrome 10+ processes open up in the task manager.

I am convinced this is some type of malware, i have scanned it with malware-bytes and i still continue to have these issues.

Is there anything else I can do? 

A:Chrome.exe 32* over 10 processes running upon starting up chrome!

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums!
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Before we begin, please note the following:
I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
Instructions that I give are for your system only!
Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Since a few days have passed since this post please download the latest version of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Don't kill any malicious processes at your own.
Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Make sure that Addition.txt is checked before you press the Scan button.
Press Scan button.
It will make 2 logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste them to your reply.

Regards,
Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580646/chromeexe-32-over-10-processes-running-upon-starting-up-chrome/
Relevancy 34.83%

Seen this in the installed Chrome - not Multiple Chrome processes forum previously My wife's laptop is experiencing a slow down I Multiple Chrome processes - Chrome not installed did a disk clean up but that didn't help The only thing I can see is multiple chrome processes Multiple Chrome processes - Chrome not installed running but chrome is not installed It looks to originate from Users user AppData LocalLow ID Vault I have run Adware cleaner Malware Bytes and full McAfee virus scan I did run the Farbar Recovery Scan tool and have pasted the results below Thanks in advance for any assistance Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Kim administrator on HPLAPTOP on - - Running from C Users Kim Desktop Loaded Profile Kim Available profiles Kim amp Emily Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Multiple Chrome processes - Chrome not installed OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved ABBYY C Program Files x Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Motorola Inc C Program Files Motorola Bluetooth devmgrsrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe CinemaNow Inc C Program Files x CinemaNow CinemaNow Media Manager CinemaNowSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe McAfee Inc C Windows System mfevtps exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Motorola Inc C Program Files Motorola Bluetooth obexsrv exe McAfee Inc C Program Files McAfee MSC McAPExe exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee AMCore mcshield exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Windows System spool drivers x E IATIGIA EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows System regsvr exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW regsvr exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files x Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files x Epson Software FAX Utility FUFAXSTM exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McUICnt exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Macrovision Europe Ltd C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Motorola Inc C Program Files Motorola Bluetooth audiosrv exe Motorola Inc C Program Files Motorol... Read more

A:Multiple Chrome processes - Chrome not installed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/554520 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554520/multiple-chrome-processes-chrome-not-installed/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have to give chrome a thumbs up today for having a PDF addon I was on a network today where I am not an admin and knew that they allowed users to install Chrome through GP restriction allowances on laptops and the minute you logoff the user profile doesn t save changes I needed to - Chrome Thankful Very viewer addon PDF Chrome to print my plane tickets which I saved as a PDF from my laptop in hotel Chrome PDF viewer addon - Very Thankful to Chrome where I didn t have a Chrome PDF viewer addon - Very Thankful to Chrome printer but saved them as a PDF using PDF The work station I am on has NO PDF handler software at all I was surprised So I went on a google search to see if there was a web based PDF viewer of some kind to load my PDF into the browser since there is no local PDF handler application I found this chrome addon and knew that I could install Chrome browser to workstation through limited permissions It worked out awesome After it said it was installed I went to browser window for Chrome and typed E to get to the USB stick and open the PDF file with my boarding pass and print to the printer that this laptop in the facility is hooked up to While I didn t care too much for chrome prior I am very thankful for this addon for it that allowed me to print my boarding passes Here is the addon I used nbsp nbsp https chrome google com webstore detail pdf-viewer oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm hl enFigured I d share this in case anyone else wants to open PDFs who might run into a same problem of no PDF handler or do without Adobe Reader and the checkbox that they try to get you to miss to install bundleware

A:Chrome PDF viewer addon - Very Thankful to Chrome

Chrome can open PDFs out of the box, you shouldn't need an extension for it.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,152160.0.html
Relevancy 33.54%

So I just noticed today that something popped up saying chrome could not open or something like that then I checked my taskmanager and saw all these zgkhhxeatx exe entries trying to load and register something I do not have chrome on my C drive I never had it installed it may have been on my storage drive in some old i have trying open to Something Chrome, in dont chrome systems I have backed up though Anyhow I figured out that it was something running at start Something trying to open in Chrome, i dont have chrome up and heres the entries I found from CCleaner start up list No HKCU Run Lhnjmig Microsoft Corporation regsvr exe s quot C Users Brze AppData Local NPE Lhnjmig dll quot I disabled the entry from starting and everything is fine When I went to the service from my taskmanager it brought me inside a few folders in my LocalLow folder then something like erniesbrowserlist or something like that I don't have an ernie or know an ernie am I safe with this disabled or do I need to run something to scrub whatever these files are in the local low folder s The only thing I have done or installed on this pc in the last hrs was I updated my flash player and my java because both were out of date Im sure someone knows what this stuff is but searches brought up nothing

A:Something trying to open in Chrome, i dont have chrome

JRockZ,

Let's see what the following shows...

Please use the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
Download: Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the version that applies to your system.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the downloaded file to run it.
When the tool opens, click Yes to the disclaimer.

Press the Scan button.

When done, the tool makes a log, FRST.txt, in the same directory from which the tool is run (Desktop).

Please provide the FRST.txt in your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it also creates another log: Addition.txt

Also post the Addition.txt in your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/359621-something-trying-open-chrome-i-dont-have-chrome.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Every time I start chrome open chrome or open new tab of chrome it's making redirection or open a seach page not google but something else. Then in each website I surf to it's making redirection or if I click on the page I surfed to it's going to this search page or to other pages.

This is what I see when getting to new page in most of the cases and the second screenshot show the search engine virus I see:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]100305[/ATTACH

I have no clue how to remove/clean/delete it. I'm using now Microsoft edge but I also like to use again Chrome. In Edge I don't have this virus.

I have window 10 64bit and I don't have any antivirus software on my pc but this virus in chrome started few days ago only.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/62901-i-have-strange-virus-chrome-only-chrome-what-should-i-do.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,

I'm trying to repair my parents computer. They were getting Trojan horse warning messages and crashing to blue screens. So far I have updated the BIOS and uninstalled all the browser addons and questionable apps I found on there PC. Since updating the BIOS it hasn't crashed to blue screen. However I'm getting a lot of lywqyjla.exe processes that say they belong to Google Chrome. I uninstalled Google Chrome and they are still there. Each of them is using varying amounts of memory and the CPU usage keeps spiking. I have run malware bytes and adw cleaner, each of them said they found and removed threats but these processes keep showing up.

A:Multiple Google Chrome processes running even though I uninstalled Google Chrome

Welcome to BC !

Run a scan using RKill. Read its description as to what it does. Once you have successfully run the scan, DO NOT reboot.
Proceed with the other scans. Reboot if the MBAM or other scans ask you to.
RKill Download

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.
While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.
POST THE LOG FOR REVIEW.
download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
Click the button.
For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
Click the Start button.
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
When the scan completes, click List Threats
Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
Clic... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555749/multiple-google-chrome-processes-running-even-though-i-uninstalled-google-chrome/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi I have Win 7 Home Prem Edition with latest version of Chrome (Version 30.0.1599.101 m) . I'm been trying to install "Prepros" extension with "Prepros" for Windows. However everytime I try and download any file or install that extension it fails. it says "Failed - Virus scan failed". I used to have AVG and have now uninstalled it to see if it was that and the error still occured. I followed this post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507400/malware-i-think-stopping-me-from-downloading-any-av-software/ and still getting it. I used to have this problem of downloading in IE9 until I upgraded to IE10. I also had this download problem in FF until I turned of the "Scan downloads for virus"  option. Any ideas?Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum at the suggestion of staff. ~ Animal

A:Cannot install install chrome extensions or download any files in Chrome

I have Win 7 Home Prem Edition with latest version of Chrome (Version 30.0.1599.101 m)

Hello funkyali -
Can I please ask why you are using Chrome and not Internet Explorer as your browser ?

Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Full Directions Here

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513572/cannot-install-install-chrome-extensions-or-download-any-files-in-chrome/
Relevancy 31.39%

An install of Google Crhome browser is apparantly recording cookies while the Google Chrome browser itself is not being used the cookies seem to be of webpages and sites that other people in this location visit through another browser This makes me thing that the Google Chrome browser sneaks information from the user of other browsers on the computer and this makes me wonder what more is being done with this set of cookies lifted from the other browser This cannot Google Chrome Google Chrome without cookies records running be normal is it Every day Google Chrome records cookies without running Google Chrome I come to the particular computer with google chrome on it open history see the cookies listed delete them and only use the browser in Incognito mode No cookies recorded during any of my usage sessions Later after other people who never use Chrome use the computer go online with Internet Explorer makes their website visits and then finish when I come back to use the computer again and go online in incognito mode on Chrome there again are more cookies listed and mostly from sites that I did not visit This just seems like it should not be happening Tell me about it IE Firefox Google Chrome Norton Windows

A:Google Chrome records cookies without running Google Chrome

What content settings is ticked for Cookies? I frequently use Chrome Browser so I must need to observe the behavior you were referring to as cookie populated on All cookies and site data if this is what you were referring to(?).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554296/google-chrome-records-cookies-without-running-google-chrome/
Relevancy 31.39%

When I launch Chrome, I find 10 to 12 "chrome.exe *32" processes running in the background and the laptop can get pretty slow.

Chrome regularly displays "Not responding", as the laptop struggles to process what should be a simple opening or closing of a tab.

This is what I have at the moment, with just one Chrome window and one tab:

I have 64-bit Win 7.

Also, I no longer get the Google page, when I open the Browser for the first time, only "about:blank". It appears from the second tab onwards and for every other Chrome window and tab I open and shows the frequently visited sites, as normal.

What can I do?

A:1 Chrome window (1 tab), but 12 "chrome.exe *32" in Task Manager!

Hi,
Obviously you have some corruption most likely a virus or malware,
What type of extensions do you have installed in Chrome,
Review Jacee’s instructions to run Adwcleaner here post #7,
Ignore the title of the thread,
http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/316404-instant-savings-app.html
This is what the download button looks like on the BleepingComputer site,

You can use these free tools to see if they find anything,
Manually Update them before running full scans,
Try not to use your computer while the scans are running, (one at a time of course).
See this tutorial on how to download and run Malwarebytes,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/338716-malwarebytes-anti-malware-free.html
Also use the Custom scan option not the Threat scan,

Please Do Not clean/ Delete or Remove Any detections before posting the scan results first before review especially Malwarebytes,
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
SAS is safe to remove anything it finds
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE
This one is the longest up to 4 hours, the others are only about 45 minutes,
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/368043-1-chrome-window-1-tab-but-12-chrome-exe-32-task-manager.html
Relevancy 30.53%

just installed 512 ddr 333 in my putter,

now my XP wont startup, new motherboard that supports ddr and all that good stuff , any help

A:help with xp prob

It would suggest that the RAM is not compatable with your motherboard, or that the RAM is not seated correctly.

When you say it "won't startup", what exactly happens at power-up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-xp-prob.192388/
Relevancy 30.53%

My windows wont start and i dont have boot disk, i there any way to get bacj in windows?
Also how can i get in dos without going in windows?

Relevancy 30.53%
Q: cd prob

hi all.. i got a question,, i just built my new pc everything was fine its working cd rom was all good... then i went to install a 56k modem it installed fine i went online then i wanted to play a cd now the cd rom doesnt pop open i dont think theres no power going to it... its not even showing up as installed on my pc its not there no more i even tried another cd rom that i have lying around and still nothing help

Relevancy 30.53%

Hey A Prob I got & Hey Hey Hey Im jab Nice to meet u guyz A very good friend of mine told me about this board amp she said u guyz can help ok so i got this stupid prob Last day my Norton Firewall messed up so i had to uninstal it and i didnt reinstal it for few hours I visited some porno sites and i got tons of viruses amp crap like that they all attacked my pc once so now my pc had viruses and i used ad Hey Hey & I got A Prob aware spybot amp reg medic to fix and get rid of what i could so they found a bunch of stuff and now my internet connection is fine and theres no conection to porno sites But theres prob i reinstaled Norton Firewall amp Anti Virus BUT it closes after seconds somthing is keep closing it its a bug or a virus or whatever can any plz tell me whats wrong with my pc and whats keep closing norton my MSN is email protected so plz either answer me here or just add me through MSN Its nice meeting u guyz thx amp ttyl nbsp

A:Hey Hey & I got A Prob

Run a scan here first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hey-hey-i-got-a-prob.148384/
Relevancy 30.53%

My homepage got taken over and can't prob min win get back the picture back on my desktop Also can't ipconfig Screen flashes then is gone At time of shut down it brings up an Win Min End Task screen Here is my highjackthis scan Logfile of HijackThis win min prob v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes win min prob C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec win min prob Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS essspk exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Display Settings hpdisply exe C PROGRA HPONE- OneTouch EXE C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system svcnt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System netmgr exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System HPConfig exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System taskmgr exe C Documents and Settings Evan Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www find-more net sp htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www perfect-search net sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www perfect-search net index html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res shdocsv dll blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www hp com notebooks pavilion e-center R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C DOCUME Evan LOCALS Temp se dll spage html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res shdocsv dll asst htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www perfect-search net index html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL SearchURL http www find-more net sp htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook no name - E-A DA- F - E-D AC - SysEntry dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - A C - D- -B A- C FA - C WINDOWS System gmod dll file missing O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Mo... Read more

A:win min prob

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked. If you have Windows XP, the search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that 'Search system folders', 'Search hidden files and folders', and 'Search subfolders' are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Download CWShredder http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/CWShredder.exe

Right click a blank part of your desktop & select New->Folder. Call it SPFix. Go to http://www.derbilk.de/404.html and download SpSeHjfix. Get the one that's specified for your Operating System. So if you have Windows 98, get the one that's listed for Windows 98.

Disconnect from the net and close all programs. Run SpSeHjfix and click on 'Start Disinfection'. When it's finished it will reboot your machine to finish the cleaning process. The tool creates a log of the fix which will appear in the folder.

If it doesn't find any of the SE files or any hidden reinstallers it will say system clean and not go on to next stage.

Now run the CWShredder and hit the Fix button.

Post the log created by SpSeHjfix later.

Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode by hitting the F8 key repeatedly until a menu shows up (and choose Safe Mode from the list). In some systems, this may be the F5 key, so try that if F8 doesn't work. Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click 'Kill process' for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svcnt.exe

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://www.find-more.net/sp.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.perfect-search.net/sp.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.perfect-search.net/index.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://shdocsv.dll/blank.htm
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~2\Evan\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll/spage.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://shdocsv.dll/asst.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.perfect-search.net/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,SearchURL = http://www.find-more.net/sp.htm
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {0072541E-A8DA-65F2-987E-D102832066AC} - SysEntry.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {173A71C8-130D-4583-B53A-4725C02310FA} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\gmod.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [br0ken] jopplerg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sound64] ftbar.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Fast Start] C:\WINDOWS\system32\svcnt.exe home
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [newbreed] corrida.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run:... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/win-min-prob-62276.html
Relevancy 30.53%

can anyone tell me what the hell is wrong with my pc i got 2 games today and both give the same message when i load them up?

1st message box

CDKey has encountered a problem and needs to close
click for details

2nd message box

error signature
AppName: medal of honour allied assault breakthrough_code.exe
AppVer: 1.0.34.6 ModName: nview.dll

Relevancy 30.53%

A friend of mine has been having real problems with her machine after sitting there for hours i managed to get rid of two trojan s one of which could download other trojans and execute them She has XP b4) prob pc than (different been having XP prob (different pc than b4) various problems XP prob (different pc than b4) with not being able to use search engines and after reading a posting with you guys i realise that her system may have been hijacked so i will when next over there sort out hijack this and post the log with you guys the problem XP prob (different pc than b4) is a new problem since the trojans were fixed has started happening now when she boots up her machine occasionally not all the time it says it needs the boot up disk boot ini which we then put in it runs it blue screen jobby then says it cant see the hard drive reboots itself and starts all over again the only way to get it to boot up properley after you have run the disk is to unplug it from the mains and then plug it back in was suggested to me by another techie this then works normally for a dozen boot ups then she gets the problem again again this has only been happening since we got rid of the trojans she didnt have this problem before its almost like its confused as to where the operating system is and cant run it If i have understood things correctly I obviously need to sort the hijacking problems and i have run all the usual maintenance etc but how do i sort this new problem sorry for waffling and thanks again you guys are fab nbsp

A:XP prob (different pc than b4)

put in the win xp cd and run chkdsk /r maybe you got rid of some files by mistake. Just a thought.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-prob-different-pc-than-b4.174268/
Relevancy 30.53%

Cheeseball, I'm having the same problem as the OP. I did all that you have said above. I'm in the process of doing the last step which is running the panda scan. It's not finished yet but says that my computer is infected. What should I do next (after the scan is complete)

I appreciate your help
Laurie

Relevancy 30.53%

Wasn't sure where to post this but. ok so every 10 minutes my computer shutsdown and I get a bios prompt that says.

The following configuration options were automatically updated:

CD-ROM: Compaq CRD-8484B
CD-ROM: Pioneer DVD-RW

No IDE fixed disk present

F1: Save Changes Compaq presario 6029us

Anyway of disabling this damn update? It shutsdown my comp every 10 min and brings me to that. It's driving me crazy!! Please help. :(

A:Please Help Me With This Prob! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim115

No IDE fixed disk present

This is a red flag.
Does your hard drive show in the BIOS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-me-with-this-prob-78823.html
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: XP prob

im having a slight problem installing freeserve on my pc transferring from tiscali. it installs the relevant toolbars etc. but wont let me online to register my details...its dialing on the 0845 number but the page wont load (whereas techguy.org loads with no problem)

getting very frustrated now!!! arrrgggghhh

any help would b greatly appreciated

thanks in advance....dru2000d

Relevancy 30.53%

ok ive been getting this error on my compaq "invaild backweb application id 1940576" and i deleted the reg files, but when i turn my computer off the same 2 reg files keep coming back so i keep getting this error when i turn my computer on "invaild backweb application id 1940576" what is this back web application anyway? can i just delete the folder or what? i mean i dont want to keep deleteing all these reg files and then have something not work on my computer lol

A:[Dup] xp prob

Closing thread, please don't open duplicate threads for the same problem. See: http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=191865&highlight=invaild+backweb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dup-xp-prob.191910/
Relevancy 30.53%

i have a Trust 380 USB 2.0 webcam. It works on my laptop, but not on my desktop. Desktop has USB 1.0 ports, (but Camera instructions say it will still work with USB 1.0 ports)

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
Whe i click the button on the top of the cam, i can see a preview on the PC, but when i try to use the cam on msn or yahoo chat, it says no cam is connected.
This is the same for any cam i try to use (I have 2 sony DV cams and a Digi Still cam too) and they also work on the Laptop in Chat.
So it must be a setting on the Desktop.
Any help Greatly appreciated

Thanks
x
Rbi

A:Web cam prob on XP

closing triplicate...

respond here

http://forums.techguy.org/t194177/s.html

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-cam-prob-on-xp.194178/
Relevancy 30.53%

getting error on google and yahoo, facebook  twitter and outlook on desktop:
 your connection is not private
attackers may be trying to steal your information...

have checked time, tried to open incognito and run malware... nothing helps???\

windows 7

anyone?? thank you

A:SSL prob

Please run the following scans and post the logs in your topic.  Please do not use a host website to post the logs.Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically. 1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation. 2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan. If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan  You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.   3)  The scan will automatically run now.   4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions   5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes   6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log. To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop. To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.   Please run TDSSKiller. Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop. 1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.  2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system. If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.  3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.  4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed. ***Do NOT select Delete! Click on Continue.  5.  Click on Reboot computer. Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.  Please run AdwCleaner Please download AdwCleaner and install it. When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan to start the scan. Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.   Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.   You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process. When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.Please run the ESET OnlineScanThis scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to have the time to allow this to run till it is completed.***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***Click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.The ESET Online Scanner page will open, click on Yes, I agree to the trems of use, then click on Start, the scan will now begine.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Ch... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555641/ssl-prob/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all.
I'm new to SevenForums and I want get 7.
I have XP so I will set a dual-boot and there's a problem..
I have the 7 ISO and the way to install it, but when I tried to create another partition in the unallocated space on my drive, I get surprised when I see a blank screen in Disk Management! No partition tool is working.
Any help will be appreciated.

A:HDD Prob....

You can look this thread if you want to dual boot Win 7 and XP
Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/145982-hdd-prob.html
Relevancy 30.53%

hi, this isnt really urgent and if it cant be helped its no prob, but still...

My Ps2 recently stopped Reading DVD's I put in... It says disc read error on the browser screen.

I have a DVD player on my comp so i dont really care but any ideas?

My Ps2 doesn't have a warranty, I bought it used. All my games work though...

Thanx for any replies.

A:Ps2 DVD prob...

i was reading another thread here somewhere that addressed this sae prob but now i cant find it soi will just tell you the jist of it.

basically the older ps2's had a manufacturers defect that caused this prob. although ps2 denies there is a problem they say that if you pay the shipping to get the console to them they will fix it for you and send it back free of charge.

i would suggest trying a cd lense cleaner in the machine first. you can pick one up at radio shack.

if that doesnt work then i would look into sending it in.

look at some of the older threads reguardsing ps2 and find the one with this prob. it has sonys 800 nuber and you can go from there

well thats all i can tell you
good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps2-dvd-prob.141981/
Relevancy 30.53%

my mic used to work in cs then all of a sudden stopped working and is very choppy only in the game outside of the game my mic works extremely well and has no such probs...i have looked at my volume controls..did the voice tweak..and binded other keys for voice activation none of which has worked also i used a diff mic which ddint work so im thnking its a setting in cs or my cpu which is affecting it

A:cs mic prob

Ok type the following commands followed by enter...

cl_cmdrate "100"
cl_updaterate "45"
rate "20000"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cs-mic-prob.150381/
Relevancy 30.53%

MSN Explorer gives warning while connecting"we are unable to connect our Signing server.please check your comp's date and time,set correctly,because this is needed to connect your comp to our server".
Although the date of my computer is correct.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-gives-prob.72690/
Relevancy 30.53%
A:ne one help wit same prob plz?

it also when it starts up, when u can type a new name in the box around it is a light colour blue also ne ideas what the prob is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ne-one-help-wit-same-prob-plz.176839/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey! My CPU isn't responding anymore, When I turn it on it should play a ~beep~ sound which it did I am currently using my laptop for this post, it does play the beep sound the lights of my GPU and fans are working this should start-up, the monitor is working fine but why does it not appear on my monitor?
HELP!

A:CPU prob.

Hello Cris mate sorry you had to wait this long but the first beep you speak of is usually the RAM beep and it is usually just one. Now there is a beep code for a few things. Find out what BIOS you have and look at these to find the beep codes for your machine.
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

My guess is either the PSU is bad or the GPU is or has failed - shame we didn't have any dump files to work with .
But you can use this little ditty of mine to check out the PSU voltage rails.

PSUTESTING

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/86648-psu-jump-start.html

Test the sockets and leads with a digital multimeterNOT an analogue one because an analogue one injects 9v into a circuitwhich I am sure will know will do no good the board!!

Something like this is ideal http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1TX0K36453

Anothergood ref http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/301799-psu-test-dc-output-voltage.html

Plus when testing place the blacklead to the case or one of the board fixing screws try not to use the blacks inthe 24 socket - you can but the other site are for more reliable forpreciseness. In fact you can get crocodile clips to fit the black probe toattach and forget leaving one hand free

Now you have to remember of coursecorrect volts does not always mean correct current.

Think of it as a car with a flatbattery it may test perfect at 12 - 13v but try and crank the engine it may dothat but leave no available current for the ignition and other essentialcircuits.

To test though you will need afairly good ammeter and run a known current draw though it however these areusually expensive pieces of equipment and is not really THAT necessary. .

Use this for volts refs and theyneed to be within 5% of the stated voltage - see text in this

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-specifications-atx-reference,3061-2.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372495-cpu-prob.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I am playing a game om the net called Street Challenge racing amd the game plays fine but when i try to go view the ladder board or go to buy parts I get this mess Exception Text System InvalidOperationException An error occurred creating the form See Exception InnerException for details The a help with Need prob error is Need help with a prob Font 'Arial' does not support style 'Regular' --- gt System ArgumentException Font 'Arial' does not support style 'Regular' at System Drawing Font CreateNativeFont at System Drawing Font Initialize FontFamily family Single emSize FontStyle style GraphicsUnit unit Byte gdiCharSet Boolean gdiVerticalFont at System Drawing Font Initialize String familyName Single emSize FontStyle style GraphicsUnit unit Byte gdiCharSet Boolean gdiVerticalFont at System Drawing Font ctor String familyName Single emSize at SoftwareFX ChartFX Lite Chart J at SoftwareFX ChartFX Lite Chart ctor at StreetChallenge frmPartsStore InitializeComponent at StreetChallenge frmPartsStore ctor --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at StreetChallenge My MyProject MyForms Create Instance T T Instance at StreetChallenge My MyProject MyForms get frmPartsStore at StreetChallenge frmMain PicPartsStore MouseClick Object sender MouseEventArgs e at System Windows Forms Control OnMouseClick MouseEventArgs e at System Windows Forms Control WmMouseUp Message amp m MouseButtons button Int clicks at System Windows Forms Control WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow OnMessage Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms NativeWindow Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr wparam IntPtr lparam If anyone can help me with what to do with this mess I would appreciate it

A:Need help with a prob

Is your flash player (Java) up to date? And also check Graphics drivers. This could also be a website issue. Try the game from another PC to ensure its nothing to do with your computer.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/284513-need-help-prob.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all

Hopefully im not asking something thats already on here as ive looked and read loads but cant find it!!!

I have just started having probs playing BF2 and it gos to the black screen for a few secs before it then returns to the desk top.

I run easy info and it now saying windows is a fail????? and this.....

"Exception:unknown;caught in...
File Applicationlogic_comparison.cpp
Line 154"

Any help would be great EA so far just like to point you to the help there but all drivers ect are upto date and nothing runing that could stop it running....?!?

Ive just downloaded the coop games (Aix 2.0) and maps but cant play them yet but always played BF2 without any probs???

This prob was here before the Aix download!!

Thanks welly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-bf2-prob.897075/
Relevancy 30.53%

When trying to map a drive through my ras connection it is asking for a password that i never assigned to any share. Is this a default or is it something that i may have set by accedent?

A:Yet more RAS Prob.

Greetings

It might mean that you are not logged onto the domain properly. Did your Microsoft networking log in box come up when you logged on, giving you access to log onto the domain?

Are you connecting to a share on an NT machine, or a Win9x machine?

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yet-more-ras-prob.29315/
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: BT prob

i used my BT device with da default Windows 7 BT driver n software etc....then i installed IVT BlueSoliel....n after dat the blutooth icon from my control pannel dissapeared..! i uninstalled it but it was no use... now i cant use BT on my Windows with or without da software(Bluesoliel)..!!!
plz tell me a way to get da default BT configrations back..!!

A:BT prob

Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzy1093

i used my BT device with da default Windows 7 BT driver n software etc....then i installed IVT BlueSoliel....n after dat the blutooth icon from my control pannel dissapeared..! i uninstalled it but it was no use... now i cant use BT on my Windows with or without da software(Bluesoliel)..!!!
plz tell me a way to get da default BT configrations back..!!

system restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/59681-bt-prob.html
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: pc prob

hi,
this is my first post and unfortunatly its a bad one.
the problem is that my system for no reason will just reboot its self

system spec

epox 4pda2 motherboard
P4 northwood 3ghz with ht
1gb twin mos dual channel ram
seagate 80gb
seagate 200gb
phillips cd rw
pioneer dvd
thermaltake butterfly power supply
thermaltake armor case
asetek watercooling
geforce 4 mx 440 graphics card
zalman fan speed controoler
windows xp

as above it will just reboot it self with no warning and i have no idea why, temps are fine and voltages seem to be stable ( although i do not no what they are suposed to be ).

please help as its getting realy annoying
thanx

alex

A:pc prob

Have you made any changes to the system recently? Hardware or software. Also, check to make sure you have current drivers for your PC, if it allows you enough time to do so.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-prob-50181.html
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: Cs Prob

my mouse scroll wont work in game when it works fine outside of the game i set the controls and everything but the scroll wont go through weapons during gameplay

A:Cs Prob

What version of Windows are you running? Also, what mouse do you have?

Make sure you get your latest mouse drivers, and you might want to try reinstalling CS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cs-prob.152219/
Relevancy 30.53%

hi please with dvd help prob iv recently gotten a new computer its a hp pavilion model the system specs are gig intel pent processor mb sdram gig hd mb nvidia tnt m graphics card with mb sdram cd-rw x x dvd-rom x running on windows xp home edition the prob is that last night for the first time i watched a dvd movie and everything was perfectly fine and ran smoothly after it was over i took the disc out and shut down the computer then today i go to play another movie and the player i use intervideo-windvd said that quot create overlay failed please lower your screen resolution or color depth and try again quot So i hit ok and i changed the screen resolution and that didnt do it then i tried changing the settings in xp and still it doesnt do anything which doesnt make any sense why id get the error on second please help with dvd prob time running im new to the whole dvd feature so i might be over looking something please anybody who can possibly help me id greatly appreciate it nbsp

A:please help with dvd prob

Did you change your color depth as well as your resolution??
----------------------------------
FROM Intervideo website:

Why do I get a "Cannot Create Overlay" error?

If you encounter this problem then try lowering your resolution to 800x600 and using high color (65 thousand).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-with-dvd-prob.61502/
Relevancy 30.53%

i have a problem with my webcam

plz can anyone help me

it stops for every min

what i have to do

A:hi web cam prob

When you say it stops, do you mean the image freezes?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-web-cam-prob.460252/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'll hold down the power button on my I-Pod for 33 minutes and it won't turn on. I'll plug it into the charge cord. The screen stays blank. If I leave it plugged in for a few hours it gets all warm - but the screen stays blank! Any recommendations? Other sites I should check out to get some help?

A:I-Pod PROB!!!

Turn the little hold switch on and off. Then hold down the menu and middle button for about 10 seconds.

If you still don't see anything, call Apple. It's probably dead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-pod-prob.417010/
Relevancy 30.53%

my will not work now...it will work when first turned on then quits...now when booting up it says no mouse is detected...the drivers are there...also sometimes even the keyboard will not work, it is like it hangs up then starts working, but the mouse never does work. Helppppppp please

A:big prob

You are using a PS/2 mouse, right? It is possible that the controller on your motherboard has gone bad.

Can you try a serial mouse?

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech

http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/big-prob.34256/
Relevancy 30.53%

I jusr ecieved an old computer with 8mb of ram, so i put in 16mb, to be able to run windows 98, now when it boots up it says that an unknown device is found, but it cannot install drivers for it, this will not go away, the unknown device found message keeps coming up, preventing me from accesing windows, i need help!

A:EDO ram prob

Press f8 at the starting win prompt, boot up in safe mode, go to device manager, and try to see which device is causing the problem.
Another thing to try would be to do the same thing but choose step by step and then slowly answer Y to the prompts and watch for error message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edo-ram-prob.33537/
Relevancy 30.53%

I can code things okay but I have real trouble coming up with algorithims to solve problems For instance this problem A scientist uses rabbits yes another rabbit problem in her experiments She starts out with one pair male female At the end of each new Have help need some prob and a month a pair of rabbits produces one pair of offspring also male female The scientist has cages to hold her rabbits Each cage holds one pair of rabbits Assuming no rabbits ever die when will she run out of Have a new prob and need some help cages The program should printout how the rabbits multiply and produce baby rabbits which then add to the total rabbit population Then when the total pairs reach past cages print out a message saying in Have a new prob and need some help what month that happens For example Code Month Adults Babies Total snip Will run out of cages in month xx So the code works but the algorithim does not Code int main int currentMonth int adultRabbits int babyRabbits int totalPairs cout lt lt quot nTable of rabbit population in pairs for months quot lt lt endl cout lt lt quot n quot lt lt quot Month quot lt lt quot t quot lt lt quot Adults quot lt lt quot t quot lt lt quot Babies quot lt lt quot t quot lt lt quot Total quot while true adultRabbits babyRabbits babyRabbits a adultRabbits currentMonth totalPairs adultRabbits babyRabbits cout lt lt quot n quot lt lt currentMonth lt lt quot t quot lt lt adultRabbits lt lt quot t quot lt lt babyRabbits lt lt quot t quot lt lt totalPairs if totalPairs gt get currentMonth cout lt lt quot nWill run out of cages in month quot lt lt currentMonth lt lt endl break I am thinking I need a loop but not sure which one to use For While Do or If And I definately don t know what math I may need to get the algorithim Several different ones I suppose Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%
Q: vb prob

well i decided to get my vb back and continue developement on some projects...... let me warn you, its been a while and I'm having a small problem..

If imgCard1(pcard).Tag <> "card" And imgCard1(dcard).Tag <> "card" And dcard <> pcard ThenClick to expand...

and
If imgCard1(pcard).Tag = "nocard" And imgCard1(dcard).Tag = "ocard" And dcard <> pcard ThenClick to expand...

From what I can see should be the same thing.
the pcard, dcard are counters.
And i've sset the Tag on my img arrays all to nocard

so what the hell is my problem

Relevancy 30.53%

ive got a sony dvd rw dw-g520a drive on my laptop and ive been burning dvds and cds for 3-4 months now and out the blue comes this!
on my computer screen it comes up as (dvd-ram drive) thats ok but if you put in a dvd empty or full it just transforms in to a cd drive and also when i try to burn on nero and nothing happens can some 1 help cause im going nuts please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-prob-some-1-help.644634/
Relevancy 30.53%

okay so i bought two new RAM bars if some of you remember i had some problems with the last one whatever lol so hum RAM prob i installed them so now i have g or so even if it s less worse than before i still have trouble to run games i think it might be my video card but system requirements lab says im okay ill post my stats CPU AMD Athlon Processor CPU Speed GHz rated at System RAM g X mb Operating System Windows XP Home Edition SP Video Card NVIDIA GeForce mb So the video card that s the problem i guess since i don t see where it could be else It s an integrated card so from the beginning it drains some of my RAM as you know normally gb of RAM is RAM prob quite rare I heard one of my friends saying that this card was weak even though it meets the requirements so oh and i tested my ram with memtest and they re okay so any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

Ok I have been looking for a solution to this prob for a month now I bought this computer about a month ago and I have done everything to it to be able to play games on it but they still wont play sims fallout for or 7 WIN prob ATI PSU example It will play for about mins and crash I tried to run tests on my GPU mem and it wont let me says user abort on OCCT tester RAM is ok Treid every driver new WIN 7 ATI or PSU prob ones old ones and now using windows generic which has been most stable Im thinking bad video card but I dont want to go out and get a new one if its my power supply Here are my specs Windows Home Edition bit i processor gigahertz running at because I disabled WIN 7 ATI or PSU prob hyperthreading while messing with settings to get games to run Gigabyte motherboard gigs of DDR ram ATI RADEON series i think its POWER SUPPLY VOLTAGES AND AMPAGES XION PSU watt MAX COMBINED WATTS v--- amps v--- amps v --- amps v --- amps - v--- amps vSB--- amps I know the ATI card is plugged into my top pci express slot someone please help me this is driving me nuts lol nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

I have a very limited knowledge of computers I have this Avira antivirus installed on my pc As this antivirus is not efficient enough in my opinion i decided to remove it and install Kaspersky antivirus Now the thing is that when i run the kaspersky antivir sys have vth prob a my I very serious setup it asks me to remove the avira antivirus first And when i attempt to uninstall avira antivirus the system suddenly restarts i am very concerned abt this and i would b very thankful if anyone could help me on it Here is the log that HJT created Thank You Very Much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis I have a very serious prob vth my sys v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS System PAStiSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files SweetIM Messenger SweetIM exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAP DAP EXE C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home sweetim com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook SweetIM ToolbarURLSearchHook Class - EEE C D- - DC- C - C - C Program Files SweetIM Toolbars Internet Explorer mgHelper dll O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO no name - ABA DD- D - B E-A B - E D E - C WINDOWS system yATMDtqP dll file missing O - BHO c b -e c - a- ed -c f cb - bc -f c- de -a - c e b c - C WINDOWS system yksdps dll O - BHO no name - DA E -F D - - - CCD B - C WINDOWS system tuvSkHwX dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar SweetIM Toolbar for Internet Explorer - EEE C B- - DC- C - C - C Program Files SweetIM Toolbars Internet Explorer mgToolbarIE dll O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run LanguageShortcut quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run LClock C Program Files LClock LClock exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot C Program... Read more

Relevancy 30.53%

guys ,just wanna know...everytime i was installing some application or even games there was something wrong...its always been popping up some dll error?what does it mean?what im supposed to do?hope i can hear some help?thankz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dll-prob.754364/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'll hold down the power button on my I-Pod for 33 minutes and it won't turn on. I'll plug it into the charge cord. The screen stays blank. If I leave it plugged in for a few hours it gets all warm - but the screen stays blank. Any recommendations?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-pod-prob.416312/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guy's,
Both on-board USB are being used, So I got hold of 2 more on a face plate (screw's into back nr pci slot) and pluged the cable into the usb port on the M/B.

But yet XP cant see it. So I tried turning the cable connecter round but still no luck. Got any idea's..please let me know.

THANKS..........LooY (",)

A:USB Prob

Did you go through the add new hardware wizard in XP or did it autodetect the new card the 1st time you started up? What is the make and model of the USB card, perhaps you don't have the correct drivers installed.

Also, on a related note, Did you know that you can daisy chain up to 126 different devices off a single USB port, all you need to do is buy a USB hub that plugs into the USB... somthing to keep in mind if you get totally flustered with the PCI card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-prob.99474/
Relevancy 30.53%

I want to change my CPU and Mobo on my current rig.

If I went ahead and changed my Mobo and cpu (keeping all my other components the same including the HD with windows installed on it) would there be a conflict with the drivers of my old mobo and cpu, and if there will be a confict is there a viable solution to this particular problem.

Also I dont have the windows cd because my computer came pre-installed with XP home when i bought it.

Ps: I have the correct CPU and Mobo in mind that accommodates for all my components, no need to worry about that

A:Lil Prob

I am afraid even removing all the drivers probably wouldn't work.
Windows creates a baseline hardware abstraction layer for the
basic hardware.
You would need a windows CD to do at least a repair install.
Unless all the hardware is exactly the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lil-prob.611233/
Relevancy 30.53%

I want to change my CPU and Mobo on my current rig.

If I went ahead and changed my Mobo and cpu (keeping all my other components the same including the HD with windows installed on it) would there be a conflict with the drivers of my old mobo and cpu, and if there will be a confict is there a viable solution to this particular problem.

Also I dont have the windows cd because my computer came pre-installed with XP home when i bought it.

Ps: I have the correct CPU and Mobo in mind that accommodates for all my components, no need to worry about that

A:Lil Prob #2

Without a Windows CD, you can't change those items out. Technically, that operating system belongs to those components, and is not to be moved or used on new components.

If you got the SAME motherboard and replaced it, everything would likely be fine. If you change to something different, your OS, as it sits on the hard drive, will not even boot.

Unfortunately, if you do what you are proposing, you'll need to get a new copy of Windows. You can still get XP Home for $90 from www.newegg.com in the US.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lil-prob-2.611650/
Relevancy 30.53%

Ok here my prob. My computer has run fine for months, but a week ago it started locking up. Dosn't matter what I'm doing it just locks up. I could be on for a few mins or a few hours its just random. Then when I would reboot the monitor wouldn't click on. So I would reboot again and It would come on. Well now it won't come on at all. I tried 3 different video cards all agp and none would work, tried different monitors and the same thing would happen. So I installed a pci video card and it comes on all right. But I still get lockup every now and then. Any idea? Could it be a bad mobo? My computer is about 4 years old. Its a compaq presario 7000 costum built. with an Amd athlon 900 mhz processor 700 something megs ram. Never had troubles like this before.

A:Big Prob

uphighguy said:

Ok here my prob. My computer has run fine for months, but a week ago it started locking up. Dosn't matter what I'm doing it just locks up. I could be on for a few mins or a few hours its just random. Then when I would reboot the monitor wouldn't click on. So I would reboot again and It would come on. Well now it won't come on at all. I tried 3 different video cards all agp and none would work, tried different monitors and the same thing would happen. So I installed a pci video card and it comes on all right. But I still get lockup every now and then. Any idea? Could it be a bad mobo? My computer is about 4 years old. Its a compaq presario 7000 costum built. with an Amd athlon 900 mhz processor 700 something megs ram. Never had troubles like this before. Click to expand...

no easy answer i dont think, you could have a bad mobo thats for sure, but it could be bad psu, ram, pci card, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/big-prob.354702/
Relevancy 30.53%

When I try to access my cd-rom it gives me the message quot please insert disk into drive d quot The last time I used the cd-rom was the first part of this month and it worked fine I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device cd-rom XP in prob but that doesn t work It is not readable at anytime whether in safe mode from command prompt or explorer I m not sure what information to give you so this is my system info OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name PENNY- MHK ZA G System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD System Model KM - System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG cd-rom prob in XP SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp sp rtm - quot User Name PENNY- MHK ZA G Penny Time Zone Central Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space MB Page File C pagefile sys Drive D Description CD-ROM Drive Media Loaded No Media Type CD-ROM Name ATAPI-CD ROM-DRIVE- MAX Manufacturer Standard CD-ROM drives Status OK Transfer Rate Not Available SCSI Target ID PNP Device ID IDE CDROMATAPI-CD ROM-DRIVE- MAX JA amp D amp amp Driver c windows system drivers cdrom sys xpsp sp rtm - KB bytes PM Drive F Description CD-ROM Drive Media Loaded No Media Type CD-ROM Name V STEALTH DVD SCSI CdRom Device Manufacturer Standard CD-ROM drives Status OK Transfer Rate Not Available SCSI Target ID PNP Device ID SCSI CDROM amp VEN V amp PROD STEALTH DVD amp REV H amp AFD D amp amp Driver c windows system drivers cdrom sys xpsp sp rtm - KB bytes PM While it says I have a DVD on drive F I only have a cd on drive d Its reading two devices instead of one Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

Other than intro post this is my first question here. If I dont give u enough info, please let me know.

I'm getting "cannot find server" more and more on sites that I know work fine on my office pc in addition to another home pc on wireless. I have run SpyBot, Lavasoft Adaware, Webrooot's Spy Sweeper in addition to several online "bug searchers" and come up clean. I use avast anitvirus as well.

For some reason I'm wondering if this is some type of java thing perhaps? I'm probably just a bit above average on pc knowledge. In other words keep it as simple as possible

Im running windows XP and have IE6 with service pak 2 installed.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to provide!

A:IE6 Prob...

Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the backup/restore features.Download HijackThis from:HijackThis Download SiteSave this file into the directory you made previously and then run the program named hijackthis.exe. When the program opens click on the Config button, then click on the Misc Tools button, and click on the Check for update online button. When it completes checking/applying updates press the back button.Now click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save Log button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click on Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy.Create a reply to this post here and right click in message area and select paste to paste the log into the post.Someone will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries unless you understand what you are doing.To see a tutorial with screenshots on using HijackThis you can click on the link below:How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers, Malware, & Spyware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9665/ie6-prob/
Relevancy 30.53%

tried to open quick books and get"qb32.exe -entry point not found. not found in dynamic link library qbtool32.dll."
will re-installing qb fix it or do i do an xp repair.
thanx

A:dll prob

did it work very recently as perhaps you can go to a recent restore point. Maybe if you reinstall qb you may lose data. I dont think its an xp problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dll-prob.212145/
Relevancy 30.53%

i have a Trust 380 USB 2.0 webcam. It works on my laptop, but not on my desktop. Desktop has USB 1.0 ports, (but Camera instructions say it will still work with USB 1.0 ports)

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
Whe i click the button on the top of the cam, i can see a preview on the PC, but when i try to use the cam on msn or yahoo chat, it says no cam is connected.
This is the same for any cam i try to use (I have 2 sony DV cams and a Digi Still cam too) and they also work on the Laptop in Chat.
So it must be a setting on the Desktop.
Any help Greatly appreciated

Thanks
x
Rbi

A:Web Cam Prob on XP

Is the laptop XP too?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-cam-prob-on-xp.194177/
Relevancy 30.53%

getting error on google and yahoo, facebook  twitter and outlook on desktop:
 your connection is not private
attackers may be trying to steal your information...

have checked time, tried to open incognito and run malware... nothing helps???\

and sorry, is windows 7

A:SSL prob

99.9% scam program -

You have google and yahoo, facebook  twitter so there are about 10 million scammers working on these every day

Either post to "Am I Infected" area for a quick check, or >> the long detailed examination version follow this -

Please follow the instructions in This Prep Guide starting at Step 6.
Once the requested logs are created, then make a New Topic and post it to the =>> Malware Removal Experts Area <== Not back here.Copy and Paste any logs created, (do not attach them unless requested) and include a brief description of your problem and what you have done to try to resolve them.
Please note that the area can get a bit busy, so you may need to wait a day or more for a reply.NOTE - If you cannot produce any of the logs, then please create the new topic anyway. Do not run more tools unless the experts request them.

Windows 8 will generally not create the requested logs, so just post a short but detailed version of your problems -

Thank You -
EDIT - Just wondering where you copy and pasted that entry from -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555639/ssl-prob/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have xp pro + sp1a + a few sp2

I have insalled all drivers for the device
but it shows in usb 1.1 in sisoftware sandra 2003

plz help me install usb 2.0 driver

here is a pic from device manager on usb

are these correct

A:usb 2.0 prob

Did you install SB1 before you installed the USB host controllers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-2-0-prob.164972/
Relevancy 30.53%

well i seem to have a got a prob prob when booting up after my pc has been off for say all night Here are the symptons swith on the pc all the light light up and i can here the fans running but there is no signal to the monitor and i dont here the beep to tell my the pc is going to POST So i try and try again to boot up the pc and eventually it does Then i notice the information that is displayed when the pc first got a prob boots up seem all corrupted i mean as if the resolution was like x or something i carnt read the info like i used to So im thinking maybe the graphics card is on the blink I recently bought a new monitor but i dont think that will have anything to do with it Anyhow i took the lid of and cleand all the fans ect with air took out the video card sparkle GForce Ti mb re-set it into the motherboard all seemed well but same prob next day So anyone any ideas and if i need a new card what would you recommend spec AMD xp cpu ddr ram Abit motherboard gig hard disk windows xp pro GForce Ti mb graphics thx rob nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/got-a-prob.111132/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I got the same problem from setup exe I checked in prob 89.149.227.195 with this forum and followed the steps as shown guided in http forums techguy org malware-removal-hijackthis-logs -setup-exe- - - -a html I downloded HJTsetup exe and ran on my system Please find the Log below As I am working on some crusial projects I request prob with 89.149.227.195 you to resolve this problem at earliest The log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO FLW Viewer - CF F -ECAD- C -AFC -B DC B B E - C WINDOWS cndr a dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe -startup O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut CHDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run googletalk C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe autostart O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SifyBB C Program Files Sify Broadband BBImpSec exe O - HKUS S- - - Run PcSync C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe NoDial... Read more

A:prob with 89.149.227.195

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

Please download (save) SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) to your desktop. SmitfraudFix runs under W2K, XP only.

Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop. Select all of the contents and Extract them
to a new folder called SmitfraudFix.
Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prob-with-89-149-227-195.701323/
Relevancy 30.53%

i get this CiD pop ups as u have heard about and i tried everything and nothing works Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon another prob CiD exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system Ati another CiD prob evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Cheetah Burner Cheetah CD Burner NMSAccess exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger livecall exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Danny Ciaccio Desktop my stuff setup HijackThis exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - F D F - - a- F-E F C F - C Program Files AskPBar bar bin ASKPBAR DLL O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-cid-prob.613981/
Relevancy 30.53%

any help i can get will be great. when i click on some urls in IE it does nothing....and sometimes says errors on page. even when i click to check my hotmail from msn msg. it does nothing

A:not sure wat prob is :(

In IE, go to Tools, Reset Web Settings.

If no good, make sure you are up to date with patches and security fixes (should do anyway).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-sure-wat-prob-is.488331/
Relevancy 30.53%

I run a WinXP and don't kno all that much about computers, but I got a really big problem and would appreciate any help. Well, the problem starts pretty much everytime I turn on my computer. It acts as if something really big is happening, like I just launched a huge program and takes up all of my CPU saying i'm using up 100% or close to that much of it. And nothing i've tried is working...so far i did a virus scan, spyware sweep, took out any unneeded programs, defraged the hard drive, checked the hard drive and idk wat else to do.