Windows Support Forum

browsers won't give me option to locate file to upload

Q: browsers won't give me option to locate file to upload

Hi there!

For some reason my browser won't give me the option to locate where the file is to upload. Here is the screen shot...hope someone out there can help me. Thanks alot!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: browsers won't give me option to locate file to upload

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: browsers won't give me option to locate file to upload

Not sure I quite understand?

From your screenshot it just looks like you need to click the picture you want and then hit open?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/182825-browsers-wont-give-me-option-locate-file-upload.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Laptop dell vostro 1500
Windows 7 Pro SP1 64x
Intel core 2 duo T725 2GHz
3GB ram
Anytime i try and upload something to a site like craigslist, facebook, imgur, etc nothing happens when i click the "browse" button to choose a file. It'll act like its about to open but it never does.
This happens in all browsers, Chrome, firefox and IE.
This also comes with youtube videos not playing correctly or crashing after a few seconds or not playing at all. So flash probably has something to do with it.
I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling flash/java/all browsers, updating all browsers, windows and flash. I tried the beta version of flash which worked slightly better but still not really.
I'm out of things to try. any suggestions would be great

A:Can't upload imagines/videos in all browsers. File explorer never opens

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522892/cant-upload-imaginesvideos-in-all-browsers-file-explorer-never-opens/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm trying to install adobe flash player 9 and I'm receiving this message that set up could not locate your browsers plug in directory. I have Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6. Please help.Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65914/set-up-could-not-locate-browsers-plug-in-directory/
Relevancy 59.77%

I need to do a system recovery of Windows XP on an HP Pavilion m7100y desktop Media Center. Of course, I want to save my data. But after following all the steps for the procedure -- from both a disk and from the hard drive -- I am not given the option to do a safe, standard recovery. The only choice I'm given is for a full, destructive recovery that will eliminate my data. Could this be because there is too much damage to allow a safe recovery, or have I overlooked something or done something wrong?

Morgnan7

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys i can.t fix this problems and running out of options . I get the bios to boot to cd but the option for repair does not come up?

it says F2asr which asks for a floppy not even got a floppy or f6 RAID DATA

Any suggestions

Sorry i am telecommunication engineer by trade

please helpthen it goes to load up from blue screen windows setup the says

file setupdd.sys could not be loaded .
the erroe code is 7
setup cannot continue.press any key to exit then goes round the whole process . Ive read till my hearts consent on interweb but nothing fits my problem.

Any questions feel free to ask really i am stuck been at it hours now.

kind regards
Dave

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ntfs-error-cant-repair-with-cd-won-t-give-me-the-option-please-help-301999.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Solved: give me Won't Card option a Sound Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free Solved: Won't give me a Sound Card option - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GLC Antivirus Panda Antivirus Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I bought new speakers but when I installed them it says to go into Audio and Select SOUNDCARD under that Tab SOUND PLAYBACK DEVICE but my computer won t give me the option it only has SOUNDMAX Digital Audio Does this mean I mean to buy a Sound Card or is there some other way I can get sound The old speakers worked with this SOUNDMAX Digital Audio but I wanted new speakers as the old ones crackle etc and the On Off button doesn t work any more so has to be left stuck On with a toothpick I don t have the disk for XP as it was on the second hand computer when I bought it Thanks Diana nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I followed the correct procedures for creating the disc from a win 7 retail upgrade 64 bit disc for home premium set pc to boot from disc but, I don't get the press any key to boot from disc option. Instead, it just boots up normally. I have so many things wrong though I think it's time for a fresh install but, I only want to install the home premium version using the universal disc instead of installing all the other versions that just take up drive space though any ideas? Thanks for all help!

A:Universal win 7 disc doesn't give option boot from cd?

I checked my 32 bit universal disc by inserting it into the pc while on, and it pops up and shows a list of all the versions to choose from just, the 64 bit disc does nothing when incerted? Did I do something wrong when I created it? I made a couple but, neither of the 64 bit universal discs seem to work. Is it not possible to create a 64 bit universal? Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/280120-universal-win-7-disc-doesnt-give-option-boot-cd.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I don't get the option to extend my logical partition for some reason im trying to create a fifth partition so i took some GBs from my c partition which is unallocated spaced and want to add it to my logical drive to make another partition but the extend volume option is greyout im confused how can i do this?

Thansk for any help in advanced

A:Logical drive does not give the option to extend volume

Hello .

You can use the Partition Wizard boot CD to Move/Resize the left side of the Extended into the unallocated space, this snip below will give you an idea of the process and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

As good and reliable a program as Partition Wizard is, I would not trust the installed version for the operation you need, use the boot CD as suggested and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.
click to enlarge

First download the Partition Wizard Bootable Disk (PWBD) ISO file to the desktop, be sure to get the PWBD and not the installed version; scroll down to see the download link for the Bootable CD ISO file at this link below. Partition Wizard Free Bootable CD

Then use ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD, at no greater than 4x speed with a verify; it was designed for use and works best from a CD rather than a DVD; then boot the created CD to make the changes, it doesn't take any input from the user to setup, just relax and let it load. ImgBurn Free ISO Burning Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179859-logical-drive-does-not-give-option-extend-volume.html
Relevancy 58.48%

It will not let me bridge and it doesnt give me the sharing option on windows 7. I am trying to use my computer as a wireless access point for my xbox 360 like other people are doing but it wont let me do it.

A:It will not let me bridge and it doesnt give me the sharing option on windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/it-will-not-let-me-bridge-and-it-doesnt-give-me-the-sharing-option-on-windows-7.949343/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been here. Been tooooo busy.

Anyway, I hope I can find some help with all the knowledge on this site. I am wanting to add a page to one of my websites, where I can password protect access to the page and have zipped files on the page for the visitor to download, ie. ebooks, programs, etc.
I use Dreamweaver MX to build my web pages. (Self taught webby)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, can't seem to do a "search" anywhere and find the info. Thanks so much...

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi:

I am trying to post a Word document on various web sites (my resume to apply for jobs) and when I click on the option to browse for the document (which is on my desktop) the browser "encountered a problem" and crashes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

A:All Browsers Crashing trying to upload .doc on web site

Try moving the file into Documents (My Documents) and see if you can upload it from there instead of the Desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/46810-all-browsers-crashing-trying-upload-doc-web-site.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Microsoft agrees to give choice of browsers to Windows 7 users in Europe | All about Microsoft | ZDNet.com

A:Microsoft agrees to give choice of browsers to Windows

Cheers Joan, that is indeed great news for us in the UK (i don't include myself as EU )

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/18019-microsoft-agrees-give-choice-browsers-windows.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the incorrect location.

In the last week or so, I have been unable to upload any images to any website (such as Facebook or Twitter). When I click 'browse' to open 'My Computer' dialog box, the browser crashes (I have tried in IE9, Firefox and Chrome).

I'm on Windows 7 Home 32-bit with all the latest Windows Updates. I have recently run a full virus scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and Ad-Aware Free and I have Javascript turned on in my browsers.

If anyone could guide me into solving this problem, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mike.

A:Can't upload photos to any website - all browsers crash

i have the identical problem. my computer went into the shop and the guys fixed the DOWNLOAD issue, but now it still won't UPLOAD images without crashing ALL browsers.. does anyone have a fix or a name for this virus?

help please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422801/cant-upload-photos-to-any-website-all-browsers-crash/
Relevancy 56.76%

In all browsers when it's access files it does have this problem and close the whole thing,

I try to scan with SFC / Scannow but here is the result, seems some files are corrupted.

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>SFC /SCANNOW
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.

How to solve it to prevent it when access files from browsers not sure what the problem is, but maybe because of corrupted files as I assume.

here is the log file :

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qamzvqgojshmg16/CBS.log

A:Problem when Browse files to upload on all browsers

See this post about the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command:

Windows Update wont download... SFC finds corrupt cant fix

Read the whole thread.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40252-problem-when-browse-files-upload-all-browsers.html
Relevancy 56.33%

AVAST free AV has returned a couple of infected files on my laptop. I'm supposed to have the option to either repair them, move them to the chest, or delete them. The instructions read "select the required action for each result and click 'Apply'" My problem is that the "Apply" button does not work. I selected Move to Chest and clicked "Apply," but nothing at all happened. I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who can help me solve this problem. Thank you very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avast-does-not-give-me-the-option-to-repair-move-to-chest-or-delete-infected-files.1073333/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have seen a few threads similar to this problem on this forum and I believe I have tried all the possible solutions that I've seen but the problem persists On my co-worker's PC Win Pro -bit SP when he uses Internet Explorer to upload image files to a website the quot Choose File to Upload quot dialog always opens in detail view He'll switch to large thumbnails look for the file he needs to upload upload it and then move on to the next upload this particular website only lets you upload one file at a time unfortunately and the dialog resets to detail view This is incredibly frustrating for him especially because I don't have this problem on my identical PC I've gone through all the folder view detail upload after view "Choose Upload" each to IE reverts to File settings and painstakingly checked all the Internet Options looking for what might be different between our two systems and I'm coming up dry I have tried messing with the registry doing a System Restore or two downgrading him from IE which we were both using to IE and it keeps happening This doesn't happen in Chrome but unfortunately the one website we have to use is one of those quot Designed for IE not supported in any other browser quot sites ARGH Is there anything I'm not thinking of IE "Choose File to Upload" reverts to detail view after each upload that could be causing this His IE "Choose File to Upload" reverts to detail view after each upload PC is brand-new A Dell like all of ours from just a couple of months ago He doesn't have any malware that I've been able to spot and is not an Administrator on the computer the problem also exists when logging in as an Admin though He's prompted for an Admin password any time something tries to install so I doubt he's managed to crud up his system in that way I'd like to help the poor guy out It's bad enough having to upload one photo at a time on an IE-designed site in the first place but having to reset the view every Single Time Yeesh Any thoughts

A:IE "Choose File to Upload" reverts to detail view after each upload

Hi and welcome to Sevenforums,
Which site are you having issues with exactly ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/335508-ie-choose-file-upload-reverts-detail-view-after-each-upload.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi because I never know. not windows can moved and Lost file not name locate file thought this would occur I never noted the files name Lost moved windows file and can not locate file name not know. so I will lead you to it the file that i can not locate is a list of Lost moved windows file and can not locate file name not know. files that I can get access to saved icons and additional windows icons and many more files Please follow - Right Click any desktop icon and click PROPERTIES - then click CUSTERMISE - then click CHANGE ICON - then click BROUSE This will normaly load a list of windows files that will allow you access to additional icons and icons you have saved yourself But for me I get the window info window saying the location is unavalable and for me looks like it as been moved It is not many things that get me beat on my PC but this one realy as the better of me and i woul realy appreciate your help I have Team Speak installed if you think that may help I have Tried SFC Scannow My pc is free from Rootkits viruses and all drivers are up to date and revelent windows update are installed Please help I realy dont want to Format C and reistall windows Best regards Rex nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have been using sfc scannow to repair system files It cannot repair two files This is the output it gave me for one of them - - Info CSI cc SR Cannot repair member file l quot comctl dll mui quot of Microsoft Windows Common-Controls Resources Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture l quot en-us quot VersionScope neutral PublicKeyToken l b b ccf df Type l quot win quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch There are many files of the same name on the computer and I need to identify the problem one specifically in order to repair it i e I need the full path I expect that the prefix l does identify the specific file but I have not been able to find out how to use it to get the full path The Microsoft information that I have found on the utility does not give any help on System to Not Seem Does Path Give Checker File File this I would appreciate it if someone would enlighten me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-file-checker-does-not-seem-to-give-file-path.1063108/
Relevancy 52.46%

First off let me say that I'm not sure if I'm infected or not But my computer has been acting suspiciously I had just started up my PC and I was looking at some settings for in location, tries Cannot System to modify file upload Virustotal. to file. strange AutoDefrag this could have just been coincidence when Comodo Defense showed me a warning Basically WMIADAP exe was trying to modify System file in strange location, tries to modify file. Cannot upload to Virustotal. a file or a System file in strange location, tries to modify file. Cannot upload to Virustotal. registry entry I'm sorry but I don't remembner which I know that WMIADAP exe is a system file but it was in a strange location C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-wmi-core bf ad e none e d f I stupidly allowed this since it was before I saw the unusual location of the file Looking through Comodo's logs I see that it tried to modify the file C Windows System wbem Performance WmiApRpl h To calm my suspicions I tried to upload WmiApRpl h to both Virustotal and Jotti as well as Avira's sample submission page but the Performance subdirectory containing the modified file does not show up in a quot file upload quot window This really worries me Subdirectories of C Windows System wbem that show up under Explorer Autorecover en-US Logs MOF Performance Repository tmf xml Subdirectories of C Windows System wbem as seen through VirusScan Jotti Avira quot upload file quot window AutoRecover en-US Logs Repository tmf xml Both the Performance and MOF directories are missing in the upload file window which does not allow me to upload the modified file WmiApRpl h to be scanned I've had problems running both DDS and GMER and therefore I haven't included either I wasn't able to run DDS because it apparently isn't compatible with Vista x GMER doesn't run very well for some reason It'll load but not without an error quot System CurrentControlSet Services gmer The handle is invalid quot Also most of the options -- system devices modules processes threads libraries -- are grayed out and unchecked

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/system-file-in-strange-location-tries-to-modify-file-cannot-upload-to-virustotal-328956.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Good evening I've been having issues with all browsers since a recent re-install of Win Ultimate I've never had browsing issues before and recently installed a new MB amp RAM because my adoring nephew decided he wanted to 'fix' my front Java Ready browsers - All slow to up! - give painfully slow panel USB sockets with a screwdriver Bless his cotton socks and he's still alive but managed to fry everything else Since my install I've painstakingly re-installed everything from before and sat through a couple of years worth of updates yet my browsing capability is no where near what it used to be All graphics videos Ads particularly in Face Book BBC iPlayer You Tube and miniclip are very slow to load - even All browsers painfully slow - Java slow - Ready to give up! general web page load up take - seconds to fill all the page images I've run countless AV's Spybot Stopzilla in standard and safe mode - installed firefox tweaks to load pages quicker checked to make sure my drivers are up to date but no avail Please could I call upon your expertise to help me return my browsing enjoyment back to normality Thanks amp Best Regards Chris

A:All browsers painfully slow - Java slow - Ready to give up!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/523296 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523296/all-browsers-painfully-slow-java-slow-ready-to-give-up/
Relevancy 51.17%

I personally have not had this happen to me but I have had three other people ask me where Can't file win locate to find a file called winhlp exe I don t have a bit OS running Vista bit but I directed them to the windows home page or microsoft com Well one of the people who asked me came back and said they couldn t find the file anywhere I pulled out my laptop and tried a search for it but only came up with two hits Can't locate win file one in what appeared to be a German forum I don t speak German so that didn t hep and another site which was in as far as I could tell some sort of Asian writing and that didn t help at all I could find nothing at all in English or on the windows home page or microsoft com I am assuming it s the bit version of the windows help file Does anyone know for sure what this file is if it exists or where it can be obtained nbsp

A:Can't locate win file

Trojan

Please direct your users to: Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Note WinHlp32.exe is the correct one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-locate-win-file.115535/
Relevancy 51.17%

Where on a computer can one find the ISO file (to create a recovery disk)? I've searched my computer and can find no *.iso files. Both Imgburn and ISOburner prompt me for the location, and I have no idea where it is. Thanks.

A:Locate .ISO file

Most recovery files that are shipped on OEM computers are not in .ISO format. Many times they install a program in the programs directory that will allow you to create recovery disks. Look at your listing of programs under the start(marble) and go to programs. If your computer manufacturer has the option for you to create recovery disks, it will then ask you to start putting in dvd blanks. And go for it.

Many times Dell computers have a recovery partition and when you boot your system, you can press a set of keys to recover your system. But of course, this will wipe your drive and unless you have saved any of your files that you wish to keep. they will be gone and your computer will be back the way it was when you received it.

Many times you have the option of creating a windows 7 boot disk for repair of your system and I recommend that you do it..

YMMV
Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/142138-locate-iso-file.html
Relevancy 51.17%

help me locate the dll file.
your opinion matter

A:help me locate the .dll file for these

These are in the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero\ aero.msstyles in the image folder
background #974
border #975
side #979
These are in the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero\ aero.msstyles in the image folder
See screenshot, the white background is a fill color and the only way I know to change it is with Windows Style Builder.

The one on the left is in the shell32.dll and it is bitmap image number 632 and 633

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/226395-help-me-locate-dll-file-these.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Im doing a challange and im trying to find a file that was downloaded on my computer today but I don't know what it's called and I don't know where it was downloaded to. Can someone explain how to locate files that were downloaded by date. Thanks.

A:how do you locate file

Unless you use some type of download manager, I don't think there's any way to distinguish between downloaded files and files already there. Do you have any idea how large (or small) the fine may have been? Or what they extension may be?
You can do a normal Windows Find and filter search to find files based on Date, Size, and extension.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-locate-file.335498/
Relevancy 50.74%

I received the following message from McAfee during an AOL scan :

SC0022

We were unable to delete the infected file (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0b\ph.ph) from your PC.

Powered by McAfee

How do I go about locating this file and deleting it from my PC?

Thanks.

A:How To Locate An Infected File

You can submit the file in question to Jotti. Browse to the file in question and submit it for examination.http://virusscan.jotti.org/Also suggest you scan with the two programs below:Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds. http://www.superantispyware.com/Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlPlease let us know the results

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/83345/how-to-locate-an-infected-file/
Relevancy 50.74%

Question:

How do I select a file and locate all shortcuts/copies of it?

Details:

I have a personal file on a shared network drive at work.

I created a shortcut to my personal file, in order to assign a Keyboard Shortcut to open it.

I need to delete the shortcut I created, but leave the original personal file that I have on my shared network drive.

Please help, friends! Thank you in advance

A:Locate shortcuts of a file? [How To]

This might work for ya...
Keyboard shortcuts for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242624-locate-shortcuts-file-how.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am sure that this is related to a recent Adobe Acrobat Reader install as I have seen the following error on boot up ever since loading that ADVANCED INF INSTALL Could not locate INF file C WINDOWS inf GETPLUSD inf Attached is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Could File - GETPLUSD.INF Not Locate INF WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS system cba pds exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Marvell xx svc mvraidsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Marvell xx Apache bin Apache exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero Could Not Locate INF File - GETPLUSD.INF BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Marvell xx Apache bin Apache exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files SPAMfighter sfus exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system cba xfr exe C WINDOWS system MsgSys EXE C Program Files D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G AirPlusCFG exe C Program Files Alpha Networks ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files SPAMfighter SFAgent exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Watch exe c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G C Program Files D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G AirPlusCFG exe O - HKLM Run ANIWZCSService C Program Files Alpha Networks ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run SPAMfighter Agent quot C Program Files SPAMfighter SFAgent exe quot update delay O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Watch exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM RunOnce getPlusUninstall dll rundll exe advpack dll LaunchINFSection C WINDOWS inf GETPLUSd INF DefaultUninstall O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk disabled O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF... Read more

A:Could Not Locate INF File - GETPLUSD.INF

I know y'all are busy with those that have malicious problems, but bump!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-locate-inf-file-getplusd-inf.704732/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to transfer my entire user file onto an external hardrive. As soon as a drag and drop it over "external E" a window pops up that sais "this cannot happen because ntuser.dat is open in system."

I have tried checking processes in the task manager but cannot find ntuser.dat in there.
Anything else is beyond me.

Please if you know what's going on inform me so I can sort it out.

A:Can't locate and deactivate a file?

May I ask the point of the exercise?
And when you say your "user file", PRECISELY what are you trying to copy?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423643/cant-locate-and-deactivate-a-file/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello file slui.exe not locate Can i am pretty sure that a virus or malware or something bad is on my laptop To give you some more info I use two laptops one Toshiba satellite a d windows - Can not locate slui.exe file bit and one Clevo model c windows - bit From February till nowadays i am getting fishing emails on my Hotmail account which are asking for card numbers and personal info of Paypal In past i was fooled and gave them but i was also lucky to figure it out soon so i changed my passwords -informed bank-forwarded emails on spoof paypal com From February Can not locate slui.exe file i noticed that Toshiba laptop is running slower Till now on Toshiba i run the following programs -eset smart security -hitman -malwarebytes Can not locate slui.exe file -combofix -adwcleaner and found some malware which i deleted them still running slower The same programs i run on Clevo which also there found MORE malware Today on Clevo laptop pop up a message that says windows are not genuine And it pops up every time i go to control panel I tried to fix it but there is no slui exe file on system folder When i run specific malware programs it pops up again i do not remember which one cause today i downloaded many Any help solving my problem will be much appreciated Thanks PS Sorry for my bad English also i do not know much about Viruses malware etc as a result i do not know which software suits more in my case

A:Can not locate slui.exe file

Hi niklas1981 My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Winsock Entries;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607733/can-not-locate-sluiexe-file/
Relevancy 50.74%

When the system boots I receive the following error message;
C:\ProgramFiles\Wild Tanget\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll

Specifically the message states the file cannot be located. Since this message has appeared two days ago I do not have access to secure sites (work sites) anymore.

Any ideas out there? Thank you in advance.

Silvertrac

A:Can Not Locate File On Start-UP

Hi Silvertrac

Welcome to TSG!

Please do this:

First create a permanent folder somewhere like in My Documents and name it Hijack This.

Now Click here to download Hijack This. Download it and click "Save". Save it to the Hijack This folder you just created.

Click on Hijackthis.exe to launch the program.

Click the "Scan" button when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.

The log should open in notepad. Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.

DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-locate-file-on-start-up.296561/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have recently purchased a Toshiba netbook (Win 7) and it came with 60 day trial of MS Office. I used the computer whilst I was travelling overseas. The 60 day trial wasn't true to its name and in fact allowed X no of activations only. The trial expaired before the 60 days. The problem is I received many emails via MS Outlook some of which I now need to foward. I cannot foward them now that the software has expired. It has been suggested that I save the PST file and load it onto my desktop. No problem except I cannot locate the PST file

Can anyone tell me how to drill down to Outlooks PST file on a Win 7 notebook? I did manage to get to a outlww.dll file but that was greyed out.
I have spent hours on this.

A:Solved: Locate a PST file

open control panel > User accounts and family safety > Mail (32-bit) > Click "Data Files" > Then "Open folder"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-locate-a-pst-file.941687/
Relevancy 50.74%

I wish to upload a folder that has many files but I seem to only be able to upload files. How can I upload the entire folder in one step. I know I can create a zip file of the folder but is there another way as I don't want the data compressed. message edited by hanketron

A:can only upload file, turn folder into file

There seem to be upload websites that will accept folders if you Google around:http://74.125.228.115/#q=upload+a+f...I guess you have your reasons but I've not found that zip and unzip changes the data.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/can-only-upload-file-turn-folder-into-file/13952.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I can hear songs online from this site but no any audio files left in quot Temporary Internet Files quot I totally don t understand why there is no temp files created Since this site was written by other language below is the source file I only kept song here as a sample Anyone can help to get the direct link to Locate file audio temp where the audio files located lt html gt lt head gt lt title gt Sample lt title gt lt meta http-equiv quot Content-Type quot content quot text html charset gb quot gt lt link rel quot stylesheet quot href quot lib music css quot type quot text css quot gt lt head gt lt script language quot javaScript quot src quot lib color js quot gt lt script gt lt script language quot javaScript quot src quot lib scroll js quot gt lt script gt lt SCRIPT language JavaScript src quot lib song js quot gt lt SCRIPT gt Locate temp audio file lt script language quot JavaScript quot gt function PromptConstructing window open http hz bbvod net constructing htm quot Constructing quot quot toolbar width height top left quot lt script gt lt body bgcolor quot quot topmargin leftmargin rightmargin bottommargin gt lt table Locate temp audio file width quot quot border quot quot align quot center quot cellpadding quot quot cellspacing quot quot gt lt tr align center gt lt td bgcolor C C C width gt lt input type checkbox name sg value gt lt td gt lt td align left valign middle bgcolor C C C width gt Name lt a gt lt td gt lt -- lt td bgcolor C C C width gt lt td gt -- gt lt td bgcolor C C C width gt lt a href javascript play quot t amp sg quot gt lt img src images wma gif border gt lt a gt lt td gt lt td bgcolor C C C width gt lt a href javascript ciwin quot ci view php t amp song id quot gt lt img src images text jpg border gt lt a gt lt td gt lt td bgcolor C C C width gt lt a href javascript songwin quot send php t amp m id quot gt lt img src images send gif border width gt lt a gt lt td gt lt -- lt td bgcolor C C C width gt lt a href http bbvod net sms music send php song id target blank gt lt img src images card gif border width height gt lt a gt lt td gt lt td bgcolor C C C width gt lt td gt -- gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt body gt lt html gt song js code is below lt -- var Mouse Obj quot none quot var pX document onmousemove D NewMouseMove document onmouseup D NewMouseUp function m c Obj Mouse Obj c Obj pX parseInt document all Mouse Obj style left -event x pY parseInt document all Mouse Obj style top -event y function D NewMouseMove if Mouse Obj quot none quot switch Mouse Obj case quot Layer quot alert quot hello quot if pX event x lt amp amp pX event x gt document all Mouse Obj style left pX event x break case quot Layer quot if pX event x gt amp amp pX event x lt document all Mouse Obj style left pX event x break default break event returnValue false function D NewMouseUp if Mouse Obj quot none quot switch Mouse Obj case quot Layer quot MediaPlayer controls CurrentPosition Layer style left slice - MediaPlayer currentMedia duration break case quot Layer quot MediaPlayer settings Volume Layer style left slice - break default break Mouse Obj quot none quot var img flag var play flag function song select color id list num for i i lt list num i list document all item quot list tr quot i className quot quot list document all item quot list tr quot id className quot tr on quot parent play bank window location href quot song detail php song id quot MediaPlayer currentPlaylist Item id getItemInfo quot COPYRIGHT quot quot amp base num quot MediaPlayer currentPlaylist Item id getItemInfo quot author quot function song select id list num MediaPlayer controls playItem MediaPlayer currentPlaylist Item id function window loc index id act alert current index window list location href quot submit php index id quot index id quot amp action quot act function player hidden rec if rec MediaPlayer style height quot quot MediaPlayer style width quot quot document all item quot play bank quot style visibility quot visible quot else MediaPlayer... Read more

A:Locate temp audio file

Try this out. Open the site, don't close the browser window. Now serach for the file you are looking for. Also, if you are on a dial up, disconnect before looking for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locate-temp-audio-file.217555/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok here is the story, I was screwing around and trying to view my appdata folders. I clicked on something wrong and it moved all my documents around so I had to search in Appdata- Roaming folder to find most of them. Anyway theres a Few PDF's which were in a folder on my desktop, I cannot locate. I know they are on my computer though, because I can open them up through PDF Editor as they one of them is still recent enough to pull from the file menu. I have searched every folder it seems to find these, I know they didnt get deleted because I can still open up one of them, The PDF editor just isnt showing me the path... Any tips on how to find these files?

A:Screwed around with Appdata? Can't locate file's

Someone please help me out, I could lose my job over this!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screwed-around-with-appdata-cant-locate-files-513845.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Desktop mobo died. removed hard drive and put in usb enclosure hooked to laptop.

It appears all the files are there but I cannot locate files that were 'on' the Windows XP desktop for my login. I can't even see my login.

I'm looking for an Excel file that I don't have the exact name for.

desktop was running Windows XP on a Dell XPS 600. Have gone to documents and settings but do not see the user name I usually logged into. all the other logins are there.
I have searched for excel files on the drive that the hard disk enclosure is hooked to f:, but don't find it.

Can the old hard drive be partitioned in some way? how can I get to the other partition?

The laptop that the old hard drive is connected to runs Vista, if that matters.

Thank you.

A:Cannot locate file on old hard drive

You could find out if there are other partitions by right-clicking on "my computer" and go to "manage". Once the computer management window comes up, go to "Storage", then "disk management". This will show you all of the disks connected to your computer. That being said, I have never heard of Windows XP storing user files anywhere but c:\Documents and settings\'user'.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386626/cannot-locate-file-on-old-hard-drive/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

for my laptop I am on the lookout for software that I can feed a file to (for instance drag and drop) after which it will search for other locations of this file. Duplicate file finders are not so handy, since they compare folders rather than THIS file versus all other files. Does anyone have a lead to go by?

Thanks in advance and kind regards, siso

A:Software to locate THIS particular file on my computer

FileSeek, free or pro, will search for file on the whole HD, whole partition, or within a specified parent-folder. I haven't tried the drag and drop method.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/72703-software-locate-particular-file-my-computer.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have little or no experience with Microsoft Access and I need to be dope-slapped I had no idea how to create a database so I quot played around quot with the program I tried a couple of times to create a database and saved them both times I was able to find both files so I developed this false sense of confidence I selected the option to use file access to locate unable the wizard chose some sample category the name of which I don t remember added categories to a unable to locate access file blank database changed the names of all and proceded to type-in about entries May I add that I don t know how to type so this took quite some time Periodically I would click file save and this is what I did before I finally closed the unable to locate access file file Of course fool that I am I have no idea what if anything it was saved AS I recall that I did not choose a primary key or whatever it s called I am using windows xp and am unable to find a list of last files opened i have no idea what the file is called I have tried search using many word possibilities to no avail I opened the Access list of databases and I find nothing familiar I even tried opening each one but again I can t bring up anything familiar Is there any way to find this file or could it be lost forever Sign me quot inACCESSable quot nbsp

A:unable to locate access file

go to Start, Find, Files or Folders and in the search field, type in *.mdb, then in the Date tab check the Find All Files modified during the previous ??? days where you specifiy how many days ago it was when you worked on this database.

You should find it then.

Make sure you are looking in all local harddrives, as well as any networked drives you may have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-locate-access-file.101405/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all,

Don't know if any of you can help...

I recently downloaded something but the file didn't save to the usual place. Instead, the file has been saved to a place on my PC which I am finding impossible to locate (the downloading was successfully completed after a short while by-the-way)

According to the program I used to download the file it has been saved to...

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

(I'm not sure why the file was saved here!)

When I go to C:\Documents and Settings\ I am unable to find the 'User' folder and so cannot goto (or see) the other folders where this file has been saved. The only folder I can see in Documents and Settings is 'All Users'

If any one of you can help I would be most appriciated.

Cheers,

C h r e d g e.

A:Unable to locate downloaded file

I'm guessing the folder is hidden, in explorer tried going to 'tools - folder options - View (tab) - and click show hidden files and folders'

You should be able to get there now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-locate-downloaded-file.553943/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am working to solve some auto-completion outlook file locate ) Cannot .NK2 7 (Windows 2007 issues I found some information on the Microsoft website regarding the NK Cannot locate outlook 2007 .NK2 file (Windows 7 ) file and how it is used for this feature The issue is I cannot find this file on my computer From what I have read the file should be in appdata Roaming Microsoft Cannot locate outlook 2007 .NK2 file (Windows 7 ) Outlook Have also tried C Users username AppData Roaming Microsoft Outlook from the run command browsing manually and DOS I see the same files no matter how I search The following things are already true I am showing hidden files and folders I am not hiding known file extensions I am not hiding operating system files I am an administrator of the machine I am searching on Auto Complete is enabled under Tools Options Email Options Advanced Email options and is working but clearing each day so I have to start over I know the fix for the clearing issue but I want to find the file so I can try and restore some of the cache after it is fixed Is there a possibility it would be somewhere else or stored somewhere with my profile on the exchange server Anything you have to offer would be appreciated Thanks Kacy nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-locate-outlook-2007-nk2-file-windows-7.916831/
Relevancy 49.45%

I had a virus and after I cleaned everything up I can not update my printer driver. When I try to add/delete a printer there is a message saying "the print spooler service is not running.

Also, my time in the toolbar is on military time and I don't know how or if I can change it back to regular 12hr time.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

Today, running sfc /scannow reported corrupted files it could not repair. I followed instructions here: DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image but I am unable to get DISM to find the Install.wim file even though I can see it quite clearly in Explorer.

I used the following command: DSIM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:T:\sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

The path to the ISO on the DVD drive is definitely correct, but I keep getting an 'Error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found'.

Has anyone got any suggestions how I can fix this?

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

A:DISM unable to locate Install.wim file

You probably need the .esd
Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40142-dism-unable-locate-install-wim-file.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok I downloaded each time directly from M$ the CP download iso format. I have tried it on two san disk drives and one pny drive and one dvd -r disk. I made each with the windows 7 dvd/usb tool downloaded directly from microsoft. The usb or the dvd boots and then i start the install it goes and starts copying the files and then at some point it errors out saying that a file can not be found.

Now i would like to duel boot with Win 7 (HP or Pro) and Windows 8 CP on my HP g7-1365dx from best buy. The only way that i can get it to work is by downloading the Windows 8 CP Tool and do it as an upgrade. So how can i duel boot? I had no issues with the developers preview and duel booting with win 8 developers preview.

A:Windows 8 CP ISO install error... cant locate file...

Download WinRAR trial, associate .iso files during install. Open the .iso with WinRAR, go in the Sources folder and double clik setup.exe...that simple...

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4484-windows-8-cp-iso-install-error-cant-locate-file.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

Explorer.exe crashes whenever I use it to locate and run a video file in VLC. I have the latest version of VLC, Win XP pro, SP 3. I've tried other admin. profiles. It happens everytime I drag a video file to VLC or double click to run the file. I''ve uninstalled / reinstalled VLC. I've repaired the Windows XP OS. Issue remains.  I'm new to the forum and looking for a resolution to this issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tonybrown20v.

A:Explorer.exe crashes whenever I use it to locate and run a video file

I'd uninstall VLC...and use WMP to open the file.

See if same occurs.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510543/explorerexe-crashes-whenever-i-use-it-to-locate-and-run-a-video-file/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

Today, running sfc /scannow reported corrupted files it could not repair. I followed instructions here: DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image but I am unable to get DISM to find the Install.wim file even though I can see it quite clearly in Explorer.

I used the following command: DSIM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:T:\sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

The path to the ISO on the DVD drive is definitely correct, but I keep getting an 'Error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found'.

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

A:DSIM unable to locate Install.wim file

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40142-dsim-unable-locate-install-wim-file.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

A:DSIM unable to locate Install.wim file

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/40142-dsim-unable-locate-install-wim-file.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I removed mulitple virus' from my son's computer. Had to rename Avira and Anti Malware files to load them and finally got them to work in Safe mode. After that, computer booted okay and when I reactivated the radio for the wireless, it was okay but Windows firewall was screwed up. In trying to reset that, computer would not boot, even in Safe mode. Starts running the configuration and stops. Regualr boot goes blank within seconds. I have operating disk and trying to repair. The system file can't be located, even in the \windows\repair directory. Other key file are there: software, sam, security, default. Hardware seems okay. Ran diagnostics (Express test and everything checked out okay). Don't want to do a reformat and lose the info on the hard drive. Suggestions?

A:can't locate system file in repair directory

I would try this solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

Remember it is very important NOT to skip the steps to backup your registry files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-locate-system-file-in-repair-directory-448347.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently got a new computer with Windows Vista installed. Because I have to transfer some data from an external hard drive to my new computer, I need to know the location of my folder: C:Users/Darlene/Appdata. I have looked for it, but the "appdata" file isn't there. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? Thanks.

A:Can't locate my Users/Darlene/appdata file or folder.

What is it that you are transferring ti the "/Appdata" folder?

It is a hidden system folder that you should NOT be messing with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-locate-my-users-darlene-appdata-file-or-folder.631369/
Relevancy 49.02%

In XP there were various search options to help locate groups of files.
For example: one option was to find all video files (AVI MPG etc).
It appears that Vista does not have this type of search option, or that I cannot find it.
Anyone know of a way round this, or perhaps where the options are hidden?

A:Vista file search : how to locate groups of files

Originally Posted by Hairy Scot

In XP there were various search options to help locate groups of files. For example: one option was to find all video files (AVI MPG etc). It appears that Vista does not have this type of search option, or that I cannot find it. Anyone know of a way round this, or perhaps where the options are hidden?

I've always thought it odd that search doesn't have an automatic filter to show Video files, but perhaps this little workaround will do the trick:
Initiate your search using criteria that you know will return some Video resultsIn the result window, hover your mouse over right-hand part the header for "Type". You should see a drop-down arrow appear. Click this arrow.Wait for Vista to "Compute Filters". Place a check mark in the appropriate video file types to filter down the results to show only videos.This screenshot shows what I mean:

This will incedentally work also for other type of searches!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/109441-vista-file-search-how-locate-groups-files.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am doing a SAMS project for school it is Access Capstone We are 2010 Unable Access to save/locate file required Unable to save/locate Access 2010 file to save the file to our computer to work on after which submit for grading once complete I am using a Toshiba Satellite A laptop Windows - bit using trial Office for the class The problem I am experiencing is after renaming the file following the instructions from file name CS Acess b firstnamelastname to CS Access b firstnamelastname I get the following message whether I try to search for the file once saved to desktop perference my documents or my flashdrive The extension is automatically added so I do not Unable to save/locate Access 2010 file add the accdb to the end I get this same message for all mentioned error Problem with Shortcut The item CS Access b firstnamelastname accdb that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly Do you want to delete this shortcut yes no Please note the file name MUST be as indicated else it will not work when submitted to check so renaming it will not work This has worked just fine on my Word and Excel Capstone projects Please help as this is due this Sunday MsNovice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-save-locate-access-2010-file.1075142/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Gang Quit a bit of experience fixing repairing locate virus/ & to sys file corruption Unknown/Unable Op cleaning family and friends computers This has me stumpped Can't find any actual infection although lots of damaged and corrupted files have so far been somewhat addressed Unknown/Unable to locate virus/ Op sys & file corruption Computer is HP Pavillion A N Running E Intel DuoCore GHz GB Ram GB HD Win Home SP Have so far done following CHKDSK r f SFC scannow used none original home sp DELL OEM disk for files to be copied replaced many copied Avast full scan and boot scan Boot scan showed NTFLUSHKEY Unknown/Unable to locate virus/ Op sys & file corruption bootExecute error xc D an i o initiated by registry failed unrecoverable Superantispyware-Adware only Found RegistryFix Kaspersky amp Gmer Rootkit removers Norton and McAffee removal Tools Defrag Drive and Registry System Cleanup Reinstalled SP Malwarebytes Combofix scan only Found replaced corrupted C win sys ntdll dll Recent Boot showed Issas exe- I O operation by registry failed unrecoverable Registry could not read in write out or flush files that contain system image of registry Have all logs of above scans etc Will post at your request System has unusual long boot up lag - - passes window load bar Long lag at shut down and random freezes glitches while operating Not near as bad as when I started with it but I'm missin something Need the pros help this time Pasted below is the requested DDS file txt log Thanks for help Lex DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Robert Porter at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System SCardSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system bak hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google com BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - c program files canon easy-webprint ex ewpexbho dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO avast Online Security E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Canon Easy-WebPrint EX D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - c program files canon easy-webprint ex ewpexhlp dll TB Google Toolbar C B - - D - B - A CD F - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB Canon Easy-WebPrint EX D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - c program files canon easy-webprint ex ewpexhlp dll TB Google Toolbar C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB avast Online Security E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - c program files avast software avast ... Read more

A:Unknown/Unable to locate virus/ Op sys & file corruption

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/505460 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505460/unknownunable-to-locate-virus-op-sys-file-corruption/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there I am writing a little tool that helps you to remove specific malicious firefox toolbars and addons I have come up with script that can safely modify certain entries in the prefs file and another script that creates a backup of the firefox prefs file with a restore function if the to the and record directory Solved: locate script txt file, to user happens to make a change that they did not want to make Solved: script to locate file, and record the directory to txt I want to make this tool compatible with XP Vista and windows users but I have one problem The directory is always going to be different for every user Let me explain why This is the directory for the prefs file on my windows pc C Users Tom AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles byc puwc default Click to expand The numbers letters used for the quot byc puwc default quot folder name is going to be different for each user as I m guessing the numbers letters in that folder name are randomly generated for each user My solution would be a silent wscript that will search the quot CURRENTUSER quot directory sub-directories for that quot defult quot folder including hidden folders and write the exact directory to a text file for my software to use I m sure it wouldn t be hard to achieve this effect with a wscript It could be just as easily achieved with batch but its harder to automate a batch Solved: script to locate file, and record the directory to txt file to launch silently Could someone please show me a sample script that would do what I described above nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I have previously had help from when this person gave me the EEProm file for the Dell laptop C640 that allowed me to change the password of that system. I now have a similar problem with a Dell GX150. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-locate-utility-file-for-dell-gx150-that-changes-asset-tag.95652/
Relevancy 49.02%

Greetings.

I have a simple request. I recently overwrote my hosts file with one from XP. This shouldn't really cause any harm at all, but I'm just weird like that - I want the exact Vista one, comments and everything. Could somebody please post their Vista hosts file? I'd really appreciate it. It can be found in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (it's just a simple text file used to redirect domain names to specific IP addresses - doesn't contain any information about your PC, if you don't know).

Thank you in advance.

-F

A:Could somebody give me their Vista hosts file please?

# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-somebody-give-me-their-vista-hosts-file-please.566462/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, this is my first post in this page hope i can get some help. What i want to do is to give a friend a file (640mb) through internet. Can anyone suggest me any program that can do that? or give me a clue so i know what kind of program im looking for. Thanks for any help i may get.

A:Give a file to a friend by internet

You better have a pretty fast connection to send a file that large.

Set up an FTP server on your machine and have your friend set up an FTP client. Fill in the numbers and information, and your friend can get the file.

Here's an example server :
http://www.pablovandermeer.nl/getfile.php?id=7

And here's an example client:
http://www.pablovandermeer.nl/getfile.php?id=8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/give-a-file-to-a-friend-by-internet.302786/
Relevancy 49.02%

im trying to run Winphlash and i had to give it admin rights (im the only user on the computer). however, when i try to flash my bios it says i dont have sufficient rights; the phlashnt.sys has been blocked.

anyone know how to fix this?

A:how to give SYS file admin rights????

right click on it and run as administrator

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-give-sys-file-admin-rights-135019.html
Relevancy 49.02%

im trying to run Winphlash and i had to give it admin rights (im the only user on the computer). however, when i try to flash my bios it says i dont have sufficient rights; the "phlashnt.sys has been blocked."

anyone know how to fix this? im the only account on the computer. thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-give-sys-file-admin-rights.534855/
Relevancy 49.02%

using windows xp system.when I rename a file ,say a text file, it demands me to put the extension .txt also. otherwise it will warn me that" if you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable".  why this warning? earlier on this machine i used to change the filename without any such warning. the warning will come irespective of he file extension(.txt,.mp3,.mp4). can anybody suggest a method to overcome the warning?

A:renaming a file,need to give the extension also,why?

Open my computer, go to tools>Folder Options>View
Check 'Hide extensions for known file types
Click apply, and OK

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511082/renaming-a-fileneed-to-give-the-extension-alsowhy/
Relevancy 49.02%

HELLO: When I tried to upload a file for attachment on Hotmail or e bay mail, I got the following message: Internet explorer has stopped working.....A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.... ( CLOSE PROGRAM)

After I hit close program, the Hotmail screen refreshed itself . I can RECEIVE ATTACHMENT WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM BUT I CAN'T UPLOAD AN ATTACHMENT. Don't know what to do about this.......Please help me. THANKS

A:Cannot upload file

Hi CTPMTC,

Can you provide a screen-shot of the error please, thanks.

/ Crit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-upload-file-734753.html
Relevancy 49.02%

This guy helped me and he told me to make a file in my temp directory so i did its name explorer dump or sumthing like that.

How do i upload it?

Please tell me step my step how to do this...

A:How to upload a file

Originally Posted by Ineedinfo

This guy helped me and he told me to make a file in my temp directory so i did its name explorer dump or sumthing like that.

How do i upload it?

Please tell me step my step how to do this...

Try the following steps, befor that, zip the .dmp file using winzip or win rar. because we cannot upload .dmp extensions

1. Click on the attachment icon in reply window

2. another window will open click browse on that window

3. Browse to the directory where your dump file is located and click on the zipped dmp file and click upload

Once it uploaded close that window and now you can insert the dump file wherever u want in your post

Hope this will help u

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/238871-how-upload-file.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I am doing an ASP.NET project where I need to upload a .doc file to MySQL database. I want to store the whole file into the database.

The examples I checked tell me how to upload an image file, but not a .doc file.

Can someone please give me an example of how to do it. I am using VB.NET.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-upload-in-asp-net.568717/
Relevancy 49.02%

I get a message......this file does not have a program with it for performing this action

A:How do I upload a DOC file...

If you open a .DOC file, you can use Microsoft's free Word viewer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-upload-a-doc-file.1134214/
Relevancy 49.02%

I hope this is the correct forum apologies in advance if not I am attempting to upload a file from a bat file but I keep getting the Error reading password Microsoft Windows Version Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt (help) .bat FTP file upload from C DWBackup BackupDaily bat C Users user gt sqlcmd -S dinerware -Q BACKUP DATABASE BigWater TO DISK 'C DWBa ckup DWBackup bak' FTP upload from .bat file (help) WITH INIT -oC DWBackup DWBackupLog log C Users user gt xcopy C DWBackup DWBackup bak D DWBackup E Y C DWBackup DWBackup bak File s copied C Users user gt timeout Waiting for seconds press a key to continue Connected to ftp myftp com ---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd privsep TLS ---------- -You are user number of allowed -Local time is now Server port -This is a private system - No anonymous login -IPv connections are also welcome on this server You will be disconnected after minutes of inactivity ftp gt user USER User USER OK Password required Error reading password Login authentication failed Login failed ftp gt HERE IS THE LINE OF CODE I AM USING timeout echo off ftp -n -i -s ftpcmd dat FTP SERVER ADDRESS echo user USERNAME REMOVED gt ftpcmd dat echo PASSWORD REMOVED gt gt ftpcmd dat echo cd C DWBackup gt gt ftpcmd dat echo bin gt gt ftpcmd dat echo put backup bak gt gt ftpcmd dat echo quit gt gt ftpcmd dat del ftpcmd dat Ironically NONE of the or so websites i have visited are any help Thank you all

A:FTP upload from .bat file (help)

http://www.howtogeek.com/50359/upload-files-to-an-ftp-site-via-a-batch-script/

Edit: Change your password.

Edit: I would try it like this....

Both bat files will need to be in the same directory to launch otherwise you will need to specify the directory in the ftp call batch IE:...ftp -n -i -s:c:\files\script.bat
==================FTP.bat=============================ftp -n -i -s:script.bat
==================Script.bat===============================open domain.com
username
password
cd public_html
cd files
binary
input c:\files\*.*
bye

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531317/ftp-upload-from-bat-file-help/
Relevancy 49.02%

As is now known im currently going through a hacker problem and would like to give back and help the good guys This torrent booster i downloaded which takes over the browser and has a trojan in it This file is very unique in the fact that almost every scanner shows the file is clean This is some of that new stuff that hides its self and pretty much nothing can detect in fact I uploaded it to virus total and I A Can File It Where I Have Upload out of the antivirus scanners only one could even detect it This is what ive been yelling about over and over on this fourum this new stuff is almost invicible and I think This oculd really I Have A File Where Can I Upload It help if i could get this file to as many antivirus companys as i can This might help the software vendors of antivirus in the future against the new threats I know that alot of these antivirus companys offer sites to upload dangerous files to so they can look at them but im not having any luck finding places to upload if u have any advice and can help me please do I say its time we take back our internet and start sticking it to the pricks who keep screwin our computers up gonefishin

A:I Have A File Where Can I Upload It

I know that alot of these antivirus companys offer sites to upload dangerous files to so they can look at them but im not having any luck finding places to upload . if u have any advice and can help me please do Why Don't you try this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166286/i-have-a-file-where-can-i-upload-it/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running Windows NT 4.0 and am getting Error Message : Unable to locate File CMEII or one of it's components at Windows start-up

I inadvertantly said yes to installing Gator and then tried to uninstall it. All went well except I am now getting this message at startup

Any ideas on how to get rid of it? It is very annoying!!

I deleted the CMEII directory and all it's components but I don't know how or from where the system is asking to run that file.

Thanks

A:Getting Error Message : Unable to locate File CMEII or one of it's components

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-error-message-unable-to-locate-file-cmeii-or-one-of-its-components.116771/
Relevancy 48.59%

The story goes like this.. My bro, did something with the computer.
After whatever he did. The default icon of the .ani files changed into
a blank paper icon. I usually see in it's own icon.. Also the file type got weird..
Something like this..
(Name) ~ (Type)
hotsage.ani ~ Cursor

It turned into Cursor instead of Animated Cursor.
I hope you guys can give me the default registry for the .ani file.

Oh yes.. I see it as a blank paper icon in Windows Explorer.. But when changing cursors
I see it normally.. Thnx guys..

Also if I posted this thread on the wrong section. Forgive me..

A:Can anyone give me the default registry settings for the .ani file?

Try restoring the default file association for .ani files, download and use the one for .ani files.
Default File Type Associations - Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/303229-can-anyone-give-me-default-registry-settings-ani-file.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Not sure if this is the correct spot for this but I have a strange situation.

When using Computer from the start menu, I get the page that you would expect. However, if I double click on any of the drives, I get a "File does not have a program associated with it error". But, the drive links on the left hand side of that page work just fine!

Any thoughts.

Thanks for any help and best regards,
Barryzee

A:Drives in Computer give a file not associated error

Hi Barryzee it sounds like your drive associations have been messed up, a quick google found the attached reg fix for you run it then restart your computer.

Warning
I have no idea how trustworthy this is. Please backup your registry and any files you dont want to lose first just in case: Registry - Backup and Restore I would also recommend making a system restore point System Restore Point - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/90725-drives-computer-give-file-not-associated-error.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have XP Pro SPK2. When i click a video on a web page, IE6 open a blank page with the movie path in the adress bar and a smal icon on top left corner...nothing happen... before I uninstall Quiktime...i didn't have this problem... What can i do to play my movie in MediaPlayer?

Thanks

A:Mpeg File give a blank page

I read a message from an other and find myself the solution. Winamp won't play the MPEG file from the Internet and my MPEG file was associated with Winamp...I just associate MPEG file with WMP and the prob disappear... Thanks to this forum...

byebye

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mpeg-file-give-a-blank-page.310736/
Relevancy 48.16%

For the past two months, I have not been able to upload anything online. I cannot attach files to emails, or upload pictures to any site (Facebook, Blogger, etc.) My husband's computer connected to the same router has none of these problems. I have tried disabling my proxy, using different browsers, re-installing Microsoft Security Essentials, disabling the Microsoft Firewall, and running Ad-Aware and Spybot. None of these have worked, and I still can't upload files online. Help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525780/cant-upload-any-file-online/
Relevancy 48.16%

BSOD dmp file upload

A:BSOD dmp file upload

Hello civilwar142pa, and welcome to the forums. I will try to help you if I can. I need you to do a few things first. Please give me some details of exactly what happened, what you were doing, if there is any certain activity that you do that causes it. Any information you can provide to help me determine the problem.

Please run the BSOD Posting Instructions Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and upload the zip file with your next post.

Please fill out your system specs in as much detail as possible with Manufacturer and Model number. Also include you PSU and CPU cooler. This may help you accomplish this:

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

Please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Your dump file listed this

Code:
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: ffffe000bb2ae040, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: ffffd0012ddec980, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7 and higher

Code:
ffffd001`43445798 fffff800`7c13a931*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys
iaStorA+0x81931
iaStor is Intel's Raid Driver (IRST) which also contains Intel's AHCI driver. Are you running Raid? which and how many hard drives do you have. I really need a lot more information to be able to advise you on what to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367429-bsod-dmp-file-upload.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Since may 12th file upload to our webapplication is not working on several clients. Form-tag Enctype='mulitpart/formdata' makes the page freeze and wait for time out. If we select a .txt file than it works ok but if we select pdf it stalls on a selection
of clients. 
On a group of over 2500 client 10 to 20% has this problem. The last updates are installed on the webservers.
Can anyone explain this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0cc9de96-7129-4d8d-b053-a6add6d6f49d/file-upload-not-working?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I have a HP n Media Center PC running Windows Upload Problem File XP Media Center edition My computer is protected by Zonelabs Zone-Alarm File Upload Problem and Webroot Spy Sweeper I am unable to upload files to the internet from my computer no matter the file size I have tried using in-browser uploads from Firefox Internet Explorer and Netscape and stand-alone programs such as FileZilla to upload files but nothing works In Filezilla the percentage of File Upload Problem the file upload never goes above and after seconds File Upload Problem it times out and retries It aborts after retries I know the problem is not with my internet connection because I have another computer considerably older and slower connected to the same router as the computer that's having the problem They have the same version of Firefox IE and Filezilla so that couldn't be the issue either I have tweaked the settings of Zone-Alarm and Spy Sweeper and even disabled both of them at one point to make sure that it wasn't the firewall or the antivirus program that was interfering I also disabled Windows Firewall so that isn't it either The connection even has trouble uploading long posts or emails such as this one For example I had to transfer this post over to the other computer before I could post it my computer timed out when I tried to post Does anyone have any insights into the possible cause of this problem If anyone has questions feel free to ask Thank you in advance EDIT I just discovered that the maximum file size I can upload is kb the plain text of this post is Also this problem has occurred since I got my new computer about months

A:File Upload Problem

I have the same problem, can anyone help with it?
Or maybe you vercingetorix managet to slove the problem ?

Thank you in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-upload-problem-175048.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guys,

I am new in here and look forward to a solution for a weird problem i have never faced before.

I cannot upload ANY FILE onto servers like rapidshare, yousendit, etc...The site status bar does not go beyond 2 percent until it gets stuck there...

Neither can I attach files using GMAIL, YAHOO. What could be the problem??

I am behind a corporate LAN which uses a proxy. But my colleage using the same settings CAN upload / attach files.

I am on a T1 Corporate LAN and cannot even upload a 50kb jpeg file leave aside MP3 or other media files. I tried using IE 6, Mozilla 2.0.04 (latest version), nothing works.

Help!

Cheers!

Pranab.

Relevancy 48.16%

I can't seem to upload certain WMV file to youtube, one was 3 mb and the other was 20 mb...they keep failing...I even tried to upload a video to MSN thinking there would be no problem ( being microsoft)...they are saved as 640x480, I don't understand? What do I need to look for to make sure it will upload? I have uploaded several other videos similar to the ones I am trying to upload?

Any tips?

Edit...I forgot to mention the upload completes, but processing fails

thanks

Ziggy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-upload-wmv-file-to-youtube.705584/
Relevancy 48.16%

Maybe someone here cna upload his windows iso file in this case home premium to some here can Maybe his someone windows upload 7 iso file ? site so we can download the iso When i'm going here to the digital river links Official Windows SP ISO from Digital River My Digital Maybe someone here can upload his windows 7 iso file ? Life When i click on the bottom on the english windows home premium iso i'm getting transferred to microsoft office site for some reason I'm not asking for a free product key or something just for the iso I have the key on the back of my laptop hp pavilion dv but i tried to enter the key to the microsoft site in the tutorial of clean install but getting message the key is not working Tried the digital river links not working i'm getting transferred to microsoft office site to buy office Why is it so so so hard to get a simple iso file of something i paid already They giving us windows for free but for windows i need to pay or more and wait so much I have a new hard disk on my laptop and i'm stuck can't do anything

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/381891-maybe-someone-here-can-upload-his-windows-7-iso-file.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
I'm about to make a photo album for a web page, and I want it to be possible to upload the images via administrative access on the page.

My problem is that the only uploading tutorials I've seen, let you upload one file at a time, (been looking at www.codeproject.com , www.asp.net and more) but if I have an album with many images, around 50-100, it takes to much work and time.

Does anyone know if it is possible to upload many files at a time (f.ex browsing for files and pressing shift or ctrl to select more than one, or just selecting a folder)

Im using asp.net 2.0 and c#.

thanx.

Relevancy 48.16%

I am looking for a service to where I can upload an 18GB zip folder. Any good suggestions of sites you have used before. There are many in Google but which ones are any good.

A:Where to upload a very large file

I only know one service with true "no limit" file size policy, the GigaSize.

You get 1 TB storage, starting from $5 a month (one year plan) or $10 (one month plan). Also available a lifelong "pay once and forget" plan for $199.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/326455-where-upload-very-large-file.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi
So I was uploading a big 2gb file to my FTP server, it was all going good and I managed to upload the whole thing hassle free. After I finish I log out, and return about 3 hours later and try to log back in, to no avail.
WinSCP gives me the following error:
"The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.
Connection failed."
And FileZilla gives me this one:
"Status: Waiting to retry...
Status: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NODATA - No address associated with nodename".
Error: Could not connect to server"
Does anyone have any idea about this sudden inability to connect?

A:Cannot use FTP after large file upload

Have you tried by just using the IP address. On Windows, you can get the IP address from the Command Prompt:
Code:
nslookup ftp.georgeoshardo.up4.net
When I did it, I got an IP address of 50.7.245.210

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-use-ftp-after-large-file-upload.1000496/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm not sure how this could be possible, so I'd appreciate if someone suggested what's going on?

On my Windows 7 desktop when I open the "Choose File To Upload" dialog window from IE9 and navigate to my desktop, I see there a ZIP file listed (see attached), but when I go to the actual desktop I don't see that file there. Further more, when I try to cut that file from the "Choose File To Upload" dialog and paste it somewhere else I get the message telling me that "Item Not Found" (see attached).

A:File can be seen only through the upload window in IE

First, please fill out your system specs using the info for the computer that has this problem.

This tutorial might help: System Info - See Your System Specs

Please include these two items in your system spec info:

1) the version of the browser that you are using
(IE8, IE9, IE10) 32bit or 64bit <<< see task manager

2) the anti-virus tool you are using

~~~~~~~~~

3) Are you logged on using a account with admin rights?

4) Is the UAC turned on?

Please show all folders/files:

5) Can you see the zip file of interest if you open the Windows (file) Explorer to this location?
C:\Users\Public\Desktop

6) If not, then can you see it in this location?
C:\Users\username\Desktop

We can save these for later:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check
Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/283632-file-can-seen-only-through-upload-window-ie.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been fixing a pc for a friend who had a virus, i have gotten rid of this but each time the pc restarts now it says this file is missing from the system32 folder, i am unable to run sfc due to him not having the cd any more and the file also isnt in the dllcache folder, can anyone please kindly upload it somewhere for me?

thanks

james

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-anyone-upload-the-win32dll-exe-file-for-me-for-win-xp-465587.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm using Norton 360 in windows 7 and recently upgraded my FIOS internet speed to 25/15. The 25 download is at 25 when I run the speedtest on both Verizon and non-Verizon test sites. The upload speed is stuck at around 6. A verizon tech tested the router through his laptop device and was getting speeds of 25/25 through their site. I'm am assuming that my firewall/security software is responsible for the slower upload speed. Any suggestions on increasing the file upload speed?

A:File Upload Speed

Quote: Originally Posted by dunndm1951

I'm using Norton 360 in windows 7 and recently upgraded my FIOS internet speed to 25/15. The 25 download is at 25 when I run the speedtest on both Verizon and non-Verizon test sites. The upload speed is stuck at around 6. A verizon tech tested the router through his laptop device and was getting speeds of 25/25 through their site. I'm am assuming that my firewall/security software is responsible for the slower upload speed. Any suggestions on increasing the file upload speed?

Hi and welcome

I would start by testing with norton disabled. I assume you are using homegroup for networking. Homegroup uses IPv6 which sometimes causes slowdowns and random drops. You could change from homegroup to workgroup and disable IPv6.

Let us know if we can be of help

Ken J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40486-file-upload-speed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
I've been having trouble over the past month, initially with uploading attachment files with gmail. They use to time out occasionally, but now they always time out. When I needed to send an email with an attachment I could have success with hotmail, but now that is timing out as well. I recently joined a site which allows files to be uploaded but that is timing out as well. These are not large files, usually word documents.

Does anyone know what may be causing this-virus? I use AVG and the computer is regularly scanned with nothing showing up.

Narelle

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-upload-times-out-319278.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
I am not sure whether this belongs here, but I am having trouble uploading files onto my server. I have used both Filezilla and SmartFTP, but both fail to upload. In Filezilla, it will transfer 44% of the file and then fail.

I am running Windows XP and using the server baremetal.org. I have e-mailed their tech support but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

let me know if there is other information that I need to provide.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-file-upload-problems.598183/
Relevancy 48.16%

Whether I'm trying to upload something on any file-hosting site or as an e-mail attachment, regardless of the browser (Firefox, Opera, Chrome or the old Internet Explorer version), the process instantly freezes with the CPU usage at 25% and it's permanent unless ended from the task manager.

A:File Upload failure

I just tried using my last installed browser, Tor and it worked. So I also tried in Firefox with a HTTP proxy to attach in basic HTML GMail and that also worked. It's not much help due to the bandwidth limitations, just saying as it might narrow down the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516923/file-upload-failure/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I am not sure which version of IE I have. I am on Windows 7 home 32 bit, and I have done all of my windows updates, if that gives any aid in determining what version I have.

When I try to upload files and the Choose Which File to Upload window pops up, it displays in Tile format. I want it in List format, and I change it every time. For whatever reason, it won't save this as default. Is there a way to do so?

Also, I turned on auto complete to help me streamline repetitive entries into a content manager, but it has not been doing any suggesting. Does it take some time before it starts to do that? (I do have it set to complete forms)

Thank you

A:Upload File Window

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Where are you trying to upload too? Normally it defaults to All File types therefore you can always find the file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/upload-file-window-671291.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew the HTML code for an Upload File box. I want my users to be able to upload a file for me too see. Thanks!

Relevancy 48.16%

I'm having trouble uploading files. The reason I think this is an operating system is because this happens when I try to upload an attachment to my Yahoo mail, Gmail mail and Box.com account. It starts and I get a spinning wheel with no progress. Can someone point me to some things I can try? Thanks.

A:file upload issues

Hi, welcome to forums.

Which browser are you using? You can try this on any browser. We are rolling back the changes that you "might" have done accidentally.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced

When in the Advanced tab, do two things
1) Click "Restore Advanced Settings"
and then
2) Click Reset (and OK to all the message warnings)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40447-file-upload-issues.html
Relevancy 48.16%

i updated my windows todaY with is it service pk 2 and logged off i have just logged back on and says that i must activate windows in 30 days else windows wont work nomore and a screen came up to type in a serial code is it do they want the service pk 2 or windows key activation code seriaL code whatever it is!
thanks sara

A:can u give me an antivirus that wont give m,e a virus or start closing my computer do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-u-give-me-an-antivirus-that-wont-give-m-e-a-virus-or-start-closing-my-computer-do.365598/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm getting the following error for lot of functions while accessing the nsf.
note*****ception: not implemented at lotus.domino.cso.base.notimplemented(unknown source) at lotus.domino.cso.view.getallunreadentries(unknown source) at com.lotus.getname.runnotes(getname.java:40) at lotus.domino.notesthread.run(unknown source)
Anyone who knows how to stop it??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586115/lotus-notes-give-an-error-while-accessing-the-nsf-file/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a home network implemented give How user a sharing specific file to to lan?? over permission using workgroup I want to share a folder on my vista pc with one other How to give file sharing permission to a specific user over lan?? user over lan I want to set it up like if that particular user clicks on the folder under quot Network quot - gt quot My PC quot he gets access but if some other lan user clicks on the folder it prompt for a password OR give any kind of error So far I have tried going to to-be-shared folder's security permissions and grant quot Everyone quot read persmissions but then everyone over lan gets access to the folder contents If I remove everyone then that specific user I want to share folder with also gets blocked out So far its all-or-none results for me Someone suggested me to create a local account on my pc with the same username as the friend I want to share folder with but thats little clumsy stopgap solution for me because then I would have to create a user on my pc for every person over lan who I want to share a specific folder with Is there any other way to accomplish the desired results

A:How to give file sharing permission to a specific user over lan??

there are a couple of ways you could make it happen but they all involve extra time and or money:
1) set up as NAS system some of the like the buffallo drive will allow you to create users to access network resources

2) use a open source ldap implentation to create a directory

3) set up a win srv 2k3/8 directory

without a directory there is no way to centerlly manage users and ressouces thats why setting

a cheap way would be if you have a extra pc and a large HDD you can?store all the profiles and shared folders on this pc

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/233499-how-give-file-sharing-permission-specific-user-over-lan.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi hope someone can help with what may in fact be a simple problem I am trying to upload a Torrent file into Azureus and each time in the make torrent process I am prompted to browse directory and choose the file I click next and get a message in red type that says invalid file This is my first attempt to do this I am a little confused so please be gentle with me and treat me like a newbie if I ask dumb questions Should I be attempting to select the little yellow folder i e the file "Invalid file" upload Solved: message trying when file... to Torrent I originally downloaded or the torrent file with the little Solved: "Invalid file" message when trying to upload Torrent file... blue frog at this point in the make torrent process I get the error message when I try to select the little yellow folder yet when I browse at this stage in the make torrent process it does not offer me the opportunity to select the little blue frog even though I know the little blue frog torrent file is sitting in my documents I even tried to drag the little blue frog from my documents and drop it into the make torrent bit of Azureus no luck I would really appreciate some help- I don t want to be the kind of guy who helps himself to torrent downloads without uploading anything Thanks in advance P s edit Oh dear it has just dawned on me that the reason there is a little blue frog in my documents is that I have already created the torrent file Apologies folks nbsp

A:Solved: "Invalid file" message when trying to upload Torrent file...

Hi, TSG Rules do not allow anyone to assist with filesharing apps> however, we'd be glad to help you remove any, and clean up your computer if you feel it may be running some malware...

Seems that you have fixed your problem, so I will Close this thread...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-invalid-file-message-when-trying-to-upload-torrent-file.590766/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

For a few months, I have been having a strange and irritating problem with my computer. Whenever I try to upload a file using any browser or outlook, etc., the file upload window freezes, goes "not responding", and eventually the entire program crashes. This only happens when I navigate the window to "desktop" (that is, to upload a file from my desktop) but since desktop is the default location that opens when I hit "browse" in any of my browers, this means I cannot upload files at all from my browsers. I have been working around this by using outlook to upload files (which defaults to "documents"), and making sure not to navigate to desktop, or by uploading files to websites where I can drag them, rather than navigate to the file upload window.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Jacob

A:File Upload Window Hangs

I don't quite understand what your problem is !  I have tried to replicate it and can't. Using Firefox 23 and IE 8 I cannot find any control to upload a file anywhere. 'File open' in both works quite normally. In IE 8, you get an 'Open file' dialogue box where, even if the start point is my desktop, it doesn't crash the browser. In Firefox, 'File open' takes you to wherever you last opened a file, and even if I navigate to my desktop and open one of the two - very temporary - files sitting there, again, the browser doesn't crash.

I wil admit I only know of two ways of uploading files - attaching them to an e-mail, or using some form of FTP software. I will also admit that I have had occasional problems with both of these methods but I cannot remember crashing a browser trying to attach a file to an e-mail.

Can you come back with a sequence of the commands that are creating this problem ?  I'll have another go at trying to recreate it.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505204/file-upload-window-hangs/