Windows Support Forum

need help regarding browsing!!

Q: need help regarding browsing!!

hey guys, i have some problem with browsers.. my internet is on.. websites are pinging.. but i am not able to browse the websites... IE, opera and chrome doesn't work. but firefox does work properly. luckily i was able to open site once, and check my ip. it was not mine!!.. while firefox displays mine.. I think there is problem with browser settings or something.. please help.. if u need more info. i can give u..

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: need help regarding browsing!!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: need help regarding browsing!!

Make sure that you're not using proxy on that browsers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/182940-need-help-regarding-browsing.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm curious if there is any open source proxy-server-like software out there that I can use to accelerate web surfing. Amazon's Silk browser/platform for the Kindle, and Opera Mini do this for mobile clients; I'm mostly thinking about setting this up for laptop / desktop clients, so I'm not so interested in having a server render a webpage.

My setup is this: I have a few clients (my computers), on a high-latency internet connection. I have access to a relatively private server, which has an extremely fast internet connection.

Would setting up a proxy server on the server [machine] actually help connection speeds? I imagine things like Silk and Opera Mini compress data (don't send the same thing twice), and reduce the # of HTTP requests (for images, etc.). Would something like squid actually have the same effect? It seems to be targeted at the slow-website-server scenario.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-one-set-up-a-proxy-server-to-accelerate-web-browsing.207907/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi guys My friend has a PC He told me he has a problem when opening Iranian pages The problem was that the browsers couldn t open them Both of us Internet browsing Problem when live in Iran I told him bring your PC in my office and I try to find out the issue Our modems are the same and each one of us use TP-Link TD- modem to connect to the Internet using ADSL service He told me that the issue is to do with the OS so I tried his PC using my modem and my line His PC didn t has any problem with my line in my office And I said him the problem is not about the PC call the Problem when browsing Internet ISP Our ISP is the same and the line we both use is from telephone company They told him the line hasn t any issue Now the only point I can think of it is about the updating of modem s firmware I think probably the issue only remains to the modem so updating it maybe is the answer What do you guys think Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Problem when browsing Internet

Hey abbasi. If he can get to the same web pages using your connection, the problem is not his pc's OS or the web site. If he can get to other web sites with no problem,I say the problem is with his ISP putting a block on his line, or maybe a problem with his modem or modem/router if that's what he has. Connect a laptop to both lines and see if you can get through to narrow it down Call the ISP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-when-browsing-internet.198018/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a laptop on new Internet Slow browsing new laptop a Samsung NP V AH Core i GB RAM GB NVIDIA and -bit Windows Home Premium It works perfectly fine Slow Internet browsing on new laptop but internet browsing is extremely slow This is specifically the wireless browsing that s slow When I connect with a cable it s much faster I have a fast internet connection that Slow Internet browsing on new laptop works great on wireless with my other even older laptops but for some reason Slow Internet browsing on new laptop it s slow on this one It makes no difference if there are no other devices connected whether I m close to the router or not what the signals are like - it s slow anyways I have a Dlink router DIR- and I ve called the Dlink people about this but besides minor adjustments in the router settings they can t do much considering other devices work just fine I ve tried a router reset to no avail I ve tried Mozilla and Google Chrome as well but changing browsers doesn t make a difference either I m running Norton Internet Security Any help I could get on this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Slow Internet browsing on new laptop

Is the speeds slow on other wireless connections? Such as a friends or even a public Hot Spot? It could be a problem with your wireless adapter integrated within your laptop. Especially since your hardline connection seems to work fine. That leads me to believe its nothing wrong with your network and the problem lies within your laptop. Make sure it has the proper drivers installed and it isn't malfunctioning in anyway. In WIN7 there is a way to have the OS diagnose any potential problems within a adapter. I recommend trying that as well and reporting back here with the results.

**Edit : Also, try disabling Norton and see if your speeds improve.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-browsing-on-new-laptop.183709/
Relevancy 27.52%

I m having a terrible time with one win Win7: no or DHCP internet browsing but Can DNS ping bit computer on my home network All other devices about work fine other Win7: Can ping DNS but no DHCP or internet browsing windows pc works fine ADSL router and Cisco switch work fine This one Dell Vostro with a cable into the network worked fine for years Overnight it can t connect to local network with its DHCP settings and if I change to static ip it still can t browse the internet However I can ping external addresses by IP address only If I ping google com eg it cannot find the host What is really confusing is the quot Ping Statistics for quot response contains neither the name or the address but instead random characters ie this changes every time all other devices on the same network resolve IP adresses to their fully qualified domain name I have been through loads of sites and support flushing dns flushing IP restoring the pc to a previous working point changing the network cable and port installing a USB wireless key which works on this pc manually configuring IP addresses reseting the IP and WINSOCKs with Netsh commands I ran anti malware Combofix virus checkers zone alarm all found nothing I booted into a linux instance but still couldn t browse the net I cabled two pcs back to back and could ping each other from each other then restored the cable to the bad Dell I still didn t get a DHCP address but with manual IP gateway and DNS I could ping but not browse I have run out of ideas anyone help Oh it s win professional and there may be a few more things I ve done but forgotten in the post above Obviously changed drivers on NIC and installed drivers for the wireless USB NIC nbsp

A:Win7: Can ping DNS but no DHCP or internet browsing

Booting from a Linux rather than an apparently faulty Windows OS is my favourite way of deciding I have an actual hardware fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-can-ping-dns-but-no-dhcp-or-internet-browsing.194914/
Relevancy 24.08%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 27.52%

I bought a new laptop a few months ago, and ever since I bought it I struggled with this slow internet browsing, at first multiple sites wouldn't load up as fast as I wanted it to. hotmail.com would load up in 30 seconds, and sometimes it wouldn't load up at all. Sometimes it would be no data sent. This happens on certain sites. Some sites load up instantly, some doesn't. My IPod / my old HP laptop would run perfectly fine and better than this. Internet for gaming, downloading is perfectly fine.

My laptop model is Hp pavilion m6-1035dx !
Someone please help, much thanks is appreciated!!

A:New laptop, very slow Internet browsing

Typically, this is an issue with the DNS settings. The system will ask DNS#1 and wait for it to timeout before asking DNS#2.
That delay makes browsing very akward/slow.

Get a command prompt (start->run->cmd)
1) find your DNS settings
issue IPCONFIG /all
look for

Code:
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 216.116.96.2

(yes, I have three)

2) try accessing each manually

Code:

nslookup google.com 216.116.96.2
nslookup google.com 216.52.251.1
nslookup google.com 209.18.47.16

(notice these are from the (1) results)
If any timeout, substitute 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-very-slow-internet-browsing.187830/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have had alot of problems the past week with pages not loading and appearing with this error "504 DNS server not found", what does that error mean and has anyone else had a problem with that error?

A:504 DNS Server not found while browsing websites

DNS server not found is unusual. I assume you're using your ISPs DNS servers? Are you using DHCP for both IP and DNS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/504-dns-server-not-found-while-browsing-websites.155234/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

Please help.

I am really sick of Belkin's phone support help that does nothing but read from a list telling you to turn on and off your router. You practically have to cry before they put you through to a real tech! And of course you can't sign in or join their support list online either.

Our router network works perfectly on all our computers except for one Compaq Desktop PC. It shows that it has a connection, but Explorer or Netscape will not work. (The only two browsers he has on it.) We have updated all the software and drivers and they even charged us for it.

Would anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

A:Router- Five year-old Compaq not browsing

OK; confirming that other systems attached to that router work just fine and only the Compaq Desktop PC is failing to access webpages - - -

Please report the system info: eg Win/XP/Pro, Vista, Win/7 ... ?

Get a command prompt ( start -> run -> cmd ) and then enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
Copy the contents of myTCP.txt and paste that in your follow-up.

We are looking to see how that PC has the networked configured ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-five-year-old-compaq-not-browsing.154523/
Relevancy 27.09%

Basically my computer is linked to the internet via a wireless router and has all of a sudden become really slow at browsing There are other browsing One network on suddenly slow? wireless my is computer computers connected to the network in this house and one more that is linked to the router All of these computers are fine and have no problems at all I One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow? used to have no trouble browsing One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow? but things have become so slow lately that I get constant disconnects from Windows Live Messenger Facebook struggles to load I can t even use YouTube anymore Yet all of the other computers are fine I did upgrade to Windows months or so back and I replaced the network card in this PC a couple of months ago but its only been since last week that I ve been having these problems I have always had a decent - bars on the network signal icon but this sometimes drops to bars - which it never used to do What makes it more suspicious is that the router is only in the room next door and I have a long range adaptor The last time I had a disconnect on the computer I switched to my phone s Wi-Fi and it couldn t find the router for a while Yet all the other computers are working fine still Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem I m very capable with computers in general and I have kept this machine in very good working order so I m sure it s not a virus and I wouldn t have thought it to be a registry corruption or anything like that but this really has me stumped Thanks for any help nbsp

A:One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow?

Download and install the free copy of IOBIT Advance System Care. Once install it will start scanning for stuff then you click on repair and it will backup files then clean and fix. There are two buttons. One on the top and the one on the right. Need to run. If you install and run it, report back on it's findings.

Rule #1 Check system out
Rule #2 Check to see if Windows 7 update re-patch your wireless driver lately
Rule #3 Disable onboard Wireless and use USB wireless adapter and see what you get

Rule 1 and 3 should done. 3 is if the other two rules didn't show anything different?

Router brand, firmware check, an etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-my-wireless-network-is-suddenly-browsing-slow.145689/
Relevancy 27.95%

So recently ive noticed that when im browsing the web, whenever a web page is loading, any audio playing on my computer, whether it be on winamp or on myspace or something, the sound will skip and crack when the webpage is loading. I just recently noticed it, and dont remember it doing it before.

I recently reformatted my computer, and it did it both before the format and after (i didnt reformat just cause of this issue).

I really dont know what could be causing it, but it does get quite annoying considering i always have music playing and im constantly browsing the web and for the music to constantly crackle and skip, well, its just annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, im using onboard sound. No external sound card.

System specs:
Asus P5Q Pro
4 GB DDR2 Corsair Dominator
Intel E8600
500 GB Seagate Barracuda
Corsair TX650W
Vista SP1 32 bit
EVGA Geforce 9800 GTX+

A:Sound skips when browsing web

Have you tried updating or reinstalling the on-board sound drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-skips-when-browsing-web.127915/
Relevancy 27.52%

Ok so the other day there was a huge rain storm and the window by my pc, router, and modem was open. We got it closed but stuff got partially wet. The internet finally started working but it didnt work on my 2 pcs. one wireless, one ethernet. The ethernet one took me awhile to fix but i finally got it to connect. But it is connected to network 2. Dont think that was my original network at all. I try to connect to the router using a webpage by typing in my routers ip and it will not work. It just wont display a page. I need help with this? also my wireless pc is connected to the router but not receiving internet from it and i also cant get to the routers webpage from that pc. Please help? also i have a linksys router.

A:Rain stopped Internet browsing

Bad news is, as you have learned, water and electronics do not play well together.
Reason for recommendations to keep drinks (coffee, sodas, etc) away from your workstation.
I think it possible the router is done... However... On the off chance that it is not...

I assume, from what I read in your note, that you do have the router manual... so then...

Have you unplugged the router, let it set, and then replugged it back in?
Do the lights light up properly? (preliminary diagnostic only)
If so, have you tried the reset button on the bottom (or side) of the router?

I am not optimistic that these will help, but it will give an idea if there is any hope.

If you do not have the manual, you should be able to get a copy of the owner's manual for your router, by looking up linksys and the router model number on google.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rain-stopped-internet-browsing.126947/
Relevancy 27.95%

I own an Imate JasJar not My jasjar browsing imate phone with which I am able to browse at hot spots or when connected to my notebook using Active Sync However my attempt to use it in areas with GPRS such as Nigeria has failed Despite configuring the device as directed by the Network I get the following error messages quot The page cannot be found Check the name My imate jasjar not browsing and try again quot This message comes up when the device indicates that it has successfully logged unto the net The second type of message I get My imate jasjar not browsing is quot Cannot connect for an unknown reason To check your connection settings and change them if needed tap Settings If the problem continues reset your mobile device according to your manufacturer s documentation and try again quot I have complied with the above advice with no success The device uses Windows Mobile Is there anyone who can give me a clue on what to do The Network providers do not seem to have a solution I am wondering if the device s OS cannot browse on GPRS system Bosunojay nbsp

A:My imate jasjar not browsing

You say that your provider/ISP is not much help, but who would be of better help? Is the OS Windows Mobile?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-imate-jasjar-not-browsing.123819/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello everyone i am brand new to this site and am seeking help with this newer laptop. It's a Sony Vaio model number (VGN-NR180E) i purchased it 7 months ago for college. It has a Centrino duo processor, with windows vista. When i first purchased it the internet ran great. I have mozzila Firefox and Explorer on this laptop. The problem is i cannot load any web pages on it except face book and Google. I get an error message saying the page cannot be displayed. I am running a quest broadband modem, along wit a net gear router. I also cannot run any updates in my Vaio center or Ad-Aware online updates. This is truly frustrating and any help would be great.
Thanks,
Tyler

A:Sony Vaio internet browsing trouble

firstly, welcome to techspot

I don't think this is mobile computing problem. you may try to post this again in the windows os board. I assume your problem is firewall related but there are alot of other potential causes.
just to mention some:

hosts entries
anti virus software
virus or malware infection
faulty settings in network config

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-internet-browsing-trouble.111152/
Relevancy 27.52%

Does anybody know of this problem when using your laptop and notice some graphics on
websites, missing click buttons, missing colored graphic headers missing, they just
seem to become transparent, I have a desktop and have more details on my viewing
web pages, is there something setup wrong on my laptop?

Thanks

A:Laptop Internet browsing problem!

Check to ensure that you have the recommended version of Java installed for your operating system, by clicking --> HERE

Also here is a good guide to follow:

You may wish to Print this page

Inside Internet Explorer click on "Tools" on the toolbar
(Note: in IE7, you may need to press ALT on the keyboard to see the IE toolbar)

After clicking on "Tools" click on "Internet Options"

The first window you are presented with will be the "General" tab settings
Inside the "General" tab you can select "Delete..."
The next popup window will ask you what to delete.
You can select one button at a time, or "Delete all", answering Yes
Once this is completed (and it may take some time to do) Continue on:

Still in the General Tab

Click on "Settings" (next to Delete)
Change the "Disk space to use" to 65
Select OK
Now, go to the Security tab

Click on "Custom Level"
Click on "Reset"
Click on "OK"
Now go to the Privacy tab

What I do in here, is move the vertical slider slighty up or down
This allows "Default" to highlight
Click on "Default" (the slider will come back down)
Click on Apply
At last go to the Advanced tab

Click on "Restore advanced settings" (a bad way of saying default)
Also if you scroll down the list, you will find "Phishing Filter" (I usually disable this annoying popup)
Click on Apply
Click on OK
Restart Internet Explorer

Now, please try those sites again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-internet-browsing-problem.99473/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there I hope someone can help I got a new pc months ago and shortly after that my problem began When browsing pages do not load properly or not at all It seems to stall When I click a link or page the bar starts going but the stops Sometimes the page seems fully loaded but the bar is still going at problem Browsing the bottom If I keep clocking it usually loads Sometimes bits of the page appear sometimes Browsing problem I get messages and often time outs also Sometimes the page is just white and it says done at the bottom left I thought it was IE because that was all I had added but same in firefox Driving me nuts No other problems with the PC Refreshing usually helps but I have to do it times usually I have meg but only get about or so It seems to start connecting to sites and then stop It is not the sites - I get it for everything eg bbc news frontpage gmail etc Browsing problem Buttons on pages gifs etc often dont work and many pictures dont appear Occassionally it all works fine for a little while but there seems to be no particular time when it is better worse I have tried resetting all stuff to default made no difference I hope you can help Cheers nbsp

A:Browsing problem

So when you go to your connection status and refresh a page does it show sending and receiving packets?

Also might be helpful - how are you connected to your router =ethernet or wireless?

When you go to device manager - under network adapter - does it show the correct network adapter or a generic windows assigned name?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browsing-problem.94662/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello everyone Recently I reinstalled Windows XP on my computer due to prior complications desktop kept freezing I have reinstalled most of my favorite and web. Screen while chugs browsing necessary Screen chugs while browsing web. programs Everything was going smoothly until I opened up Firefox to browse the web When visiting a web site I noticed that scrolling up and down was very sluggish My Dell monitor supports x resolution however it will not allow me to select that resolution The highest it will go to is x Does it have something to do with my graphics card perhaps This was not a problem before I reinstalled Windows XP so there Screen chugs while browsing web. must be something I have to install or update Or it may just be as simple as checking a box Any ideas Screen chugs while browsing web. P S Forgive me for not listing my system specs as I am not exactly sure what to give you I wouldn t want to display anything that may put my computer at risk Not that I don t trust any of you or anything nbsp

A:Screen chugs while browsing web.

Did you re-install all your drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-chugs-while-browsing-web.81559/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi My dad has set up linkskys wireless onto our main home pc and i now want to use it on my laptop I have got to the stage where i enter the network key and have been typing in what i think the key is it seems to work so that i connect to the network but says it is authentisizing the address or something So where do i find the Network Key Also when i do have the connection and it says it is connected i click onto internet explorer and it says i m working offline and do i want to connect I click yes and then a box saying dial up connections appears with a choice of broadband connection dial-up and direct but none of these options works so that i can access the web Maybe i am not fully connected to linkskys at this point due to the WEP key or maybe i need to configure something else i really have no idea Your replies would be greatly appreciated as i m afraid i have no clues or ideas Amy nbsp

A:HELP!! Wireless connection and browsing on laptop

Ask your dad whether you are using the right network key. Also, ask him if he has put any additional restrictions in place like letting only specific computers connect at a specific time. Ask him if he allowed internet access for wireless devices in the router configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-wireless-connection-and-browsing-on-laptop.74273/
Relevancy 27.52%

In our companies network we have a folder that contains with VIA except Browsing Slow RHYNE's?? all network NICs a large amount of files This folder is on a windows NT server It contains over files taking up about gb of space There are a couple of subfolders When ever someone in our network Slow Browsing network with all NICs except VIA RHYNE's?? browses to this folder it takes about - seconds for the folder to actually open and display the files However anyone in our network that has an NIC integrated into their motherboard with VIA Rhyne Ethernet Adapter is able to open and browse the folder instantly No one with a PCI NIC can and no one with any other integrated NIC s are able to instantly open the folder Everyone has mb adapters and the OS vary from windows and XP We can t figure out why the Rhyne NICs are able to open the folder so quick but the others are not Since we know it is possible to open them quickly is there anything we can do to speed up the others They browse fine to all the other folders in the network nbsp

A:Slow Browsing network with all NICs except VIA RHYNE's??

far more likely that that VIEW settings are different on the various machines.
Use only View:Options Name, type, size, date modified.
Also check Tools, Folder Options and UNCHECK Display file size in folder tips

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-browsing-network-with-all-nics-except-via-rhynes.42112/
Relevancy 27.52%

System freezes when downloading files

Using firefox (but I assume the same would happen on IE).

I have a desktop computer, but the only option for internet in my house is wireless so I installed a PCMCIA adapter card, and stuck my wireless lan adapter in there. Been using it for about a year now, no problems. But recently I built a new computer, and have these strange glitches every once and a while.
If I try and download a large file (game demos, or movies for example), then suddenly I will lose my internet connection, and my computer hangs for about 10-15 seconds. No response at all (including Ctrl-alt-del).

The download is cancelled, and my internet connection then comes back on.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:System hangs when browsing internet

Problem fixed by updating my NIC driver. Thanks everyone!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-hangs-when-browsing-internet.31333/
Relevancy 27.52%

I could use some help figuring out what really works Purpose Malware seems to be getting much nastier and this is being directed beyond businesses towards ordinary folks I want to protect myself against this stuff - like ransomware I have backups but it looks like even backups can get infected Goal Be able to clean out browsing as it seems this is the major vector for this stuff Issues Uncertain what to use vmware Uncertain about licenses Windows can only be run as boot o s or guest o s but not both If I set Linux as boot o s how do I install and keep Windows upgrades Can I set up a dual boot Windows boot o s and Linux boot o s 7 Machine Windows in For Using Browsing All a Virtual with Windows guest or does that violate license even though I am using only one at a time Can I use cloud storage somehow to Using Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine For All Browsing keep emails downloads etc on a more permanent basis and then access them when Windows is the boot o s Alternatives Is there Using Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine For All Browsing a better way nbsp

A:Using Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine For All Browsing

Proper configuration and usage habits go a L O N G way in avoiding infections.

Just to restate some well known guidelines:

1) keep your OS updated
2) run attached to a router with NAT and SPI features
3) run with the Windows Firewall active and at home use the PRIVATE network and at a hotspot, use PUBLIC
4) NEVER run daily activity from the admin account or from an account with admin rights
5) use an anti-virus which will scan email and your weblink clicks to avoid bad content
6) I use SpywareBlaster to control ActiveX components
7) run your browser(s) with little or no add-ons.

and stay off the shared video and porno sites as they tool are a major vector.

Implementing the above clear back to XP/pro, I have not had any issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-windows-7-in-a-virtual-machine-for-all-browsing.207939/
Relevancy 28.38%

Which browser was the first to come out with tabbed browsing? According to Wikipedia

After the defeat of Navigator by Internet Explorer, Netscape
open-sourced their browser code, and entrusted it to the newly formed
non-profit Mozilla Foundation?a primarily community-driven project to
create a successor to Netscape. Development continued for several
years with little widespread adoption until a stripped-down
browser-only version of the full suite was created, which included
features, such as tabbed browsing and a separate search bar, both that
had previously only appeared in Opera.Click to expand...

So that makes it sound like Opera but I'm surprised Opera never became more popular.

A:How was the first to come out with tabbed web browsing?

No consequence to me :grin:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-was-the-first-to-come-out-with-tabbed-web-browsing.195111/
Relevancy 28.38%

This may be a noob question, but is there an OS that boots really quickly that is only for browsing the internet (using anything but IE!). At the moment, I boot up on many occasions just for the internet and not for anything else. Seems a bit of a waste!

Thanks in advance for any replies

A:OS for browsing only

fast os for internet

Try Linpus Linux Lite, It is the exact same OS as that found on Acer ee netbooks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/os-for-browsing-only.137966/
Relevancy 27.95%

if im on an account on windows vista that has parental controls and it has the box checked to record the activities on the account if i use private browsing on firefox would it still record the websites i go to in parental controls?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-private-browsing.142492/
Relevancy 27.52%

My current irritant, and reason for this post, is pictured in the attached jpeg file.

A small scroller, presumably associated with Tabs, recently set up shop on my taskbar, and ever since has been making a mess of things.

Because of this scroller, open windows and applications are less noticable, more difficult to access, and for the last few days, I've been closing them via task mannager. Apparently designed to hide the clutter near the sys tray, It simply sweeps them under the rug. Today I found tabs still open from 3 days ago.
My question is, how do I get rid of this scroller, and back to the large buttons, that previously lined up down the taskbar, representing each page or window currently open?

IE Explorer 7 w/ XPpro

Thanks for any assistance with this.

A:Tabbed browsing: Just doesn't compute

1 Possible fix : You could try right clicking your taskbar, choose properties, under the taskbar tab uncheck "Group similar taskbar buttons". Then click apply and ok.

Another possible fix is : Right click the taskbar and unlock. Then move the right vertical bar as far to the left as possible but not so far as to remove any icons there. Then relock the taskbar.

Or if they dont work there might be a fix here but it does involve the using the registry ... Reg Fix

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tabbed-browsing-just-doesnt-compute.162496/
Relevancy 28.38%

Please help me its occurring more often now.
It appears at random when i'm using Opera Browser and utorrent.

My PC Specs:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 64 °C
Kentsfield 65nm Technology

RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard
ASRock G31M-S. (CPUSocket)

Graphics
Hanns.G HW191 ([email protected])
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

A:BSOD while browsing the net

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
NETIO.SYS

All the minidumps flag this

Make sure you have installed all the Windows Updates and go here for instructions on how to test your memory and hard drive for errors:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Are you over-clocking?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-while-browsing-the-net.177620/
Relevancy 28.38%

Yep going to talk about From to Betas Browsing!! Better a good thing I am scolded for not saying a lot of negatives seems some think it's cus I have my head in the sand or a blaze attitude or some From Betas to Better Browsing!! mad love for or tie to MS none of which is true Some people have no idea how much I reported found struggled w was irritated by or 'yelled' repeatedly From Betas to Better Browsing!! various sources MS in various ways during the betas Twas LOTS Well here's From Betas to Better Browsing!! one maybe they heard me HA HA This all ties together There was a time Links would only work relative to IE W the GA they work w Edge There was a time IE or Edge when new requests like from Links did not necessarily Open add a Tab from amp in the Desktop currently being viewed or used W the GA it is dedicated Especially but not exclusively w Multiple Desktop employed this makes browsing better than the betas This now makes logical sense Really glad to see it as it was very much needed amp needing to be 'fixed' And even w just Desktop not having Links talking to Edge was the epitome of silly especially w Edge as default

A:From Betas to Better Browsing!!

Bump
Because this functionality & (BIG) improvement is very cool, long overdue & makes things go so much better.  Ergo, it is worth taking notice.  (JMHO, of course)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585270/from-betas-to-better-browsing/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have downloaded a whole site and I am trying to use firefox in offline mode to see it but it tries to read some links/images from online urls so I get many broken links.Any ideas how to fix that?

A:Firefox and offline browsing

you have to Save Page As ... and use the save type to Web Page, complete.

Some pages may still not product useful links due to the manner in which the
HTML was written.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-and-offline-browsing.74158/
Relevancy 28.38%

I don't use it - all it does is take up more space on my screen.

Then I have to go back and "clear from bar" -

I just want to be rid of it - but how?
I don't have the "always show the tab bar" selected in tools

Thanks!

A:How do I get rid of tabbed browsing in FF?

How about don't use it?

Don't open things in new tabs, uncheck all options to open new links, etc in new tabs, and use ctrl-n instead of ctrl-t when opening a blank?

Or.. you could use IE6

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-rid-of-tabbed-browsing-in-ff.73866/
Relevancy 27.52%

I was running a webcam video chat software (Camfrog), a browser (Chrome, watching Fora.tv), and a game minimized (Victoria 2).

I suspect the culprit to be related to the webcam itself. But I'm not sure.

I got one BSOD the 18th December 2010, and another today 2nd January 2011.

I included both the minidumps.

It's a very new computer. Bought it in October.

Antec 902 cabinet
Asus P6X58D-E motherboard
Intel Core i7 950 (boxed hsf)
3x2GB ram (6gb)
OCZ Vertex 120gb SSD
Asus GeForce 480 GTX (ENGTX480)
Seasonic M12 700W psu
LG Bluray burner

Other potential relevant data:
Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000

I appreciate any and all help, no matter how trivial you think it is.

A:Windows 7 x64 BSOD while browsing/chatting

bump

Is someone able to read the minidumps and tell me what it's about?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-x64-bsod-while-browsing-chatting.159044/
Relevancy 27.52%

Lately I ve had even - 7 and Gaming x64 browsing BSOD Windows the Internet more of a Windows 7 x64 BSOD - Gaming and browsing the Internet decline while playing World of Warcraft First it was Windows 7 x64 BSOD - Gaming and browsing the Internet some fps issues which I never had a response to from Blizzard Now there s in game stuttering and freezing which results in a blue screen This mainly happens while playing World of Warcraft but has happened when browsing the Internet I m hoping it s Windows 7 x64 BSOD - Gaming and browsing the Internet not a computer part related issue as I ve recently built this computer As far as I m aware all of my drivers are up to date and I cannot figure out the problem even after reinstalling the Nvidia driver I thought about just formatting my computer and seeing if that would fix the issue Of course that would be a last resort as I don t want to do that Here s some information as to my setup Operating System Windows CPU Type AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPU Speed GHz System Memory GB Video Card Model NVIDIA GeForce GTX Video Card Driver nvd dum dll Desktop Resolution x Hard Disk Size GB Hard Disk Free Space GB I ve included the minidump files in a zip that I ve found in my minidump folder Thank you for any helpful information about my problem in advance Update I ran memtest on my two gig sticks of ram and one had a few errors on it while the other did not I currently only have the stick without errors in my computer and have yet to test it when playing World of Warcraft I guess it probably was a faulty stick from Newegg I m not certain though nbsp

A:Windows 7 x64 BSOD - Gaming and browsing the Internet

How is your system today with only one stick? Have you tried WoW with only this stick installed?

Very nice processor by the way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-x64-bsod-gaming-and-browsing-the-internet.159061/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi y all since the advent of FF and TB I made several friends of mine to successfully switch from their MS counterparts However one of them has complained about FF beeing extremely slow when browsing the web TB works like a charme and MSIE is quot lightning fast quot compared to what FF has to offer For that with Firefox browsing very slow reason I don t think very slow browsing with Firefox that the TCP IP settings are messed up in general but the prob s purely related to FF Because I m the quot PC guy quot around she asked well actually insisted lt g gt for help since it was my glory idea to make her use FF for quot safety useability and speed reasons quot blush She saw the useability and safety benefits but no speed And I must agree FF is painfully slow on this machine This has been true with both XP Home SP and also after updating to SP just recently Especially eBay very slow browsing with Firefox and Amazon are a no-go as well as other sites using resources from several sub-domains like images or scripts are a real PITA to browse with FF I checked all available IP and network settings DNS cache and alike and also quot hacked quot some settings via about config in FF to make it use more connections and the quot nglayout initialpaint delay quot with no success taken from some Mozdev-Forum IIRC Well to be honest except for the nglayout delay set to zero the proposed networking http settings had no great impact on my machine either but I thought to give em a try From what I see in the rest of about config networking all values are the defaults -- like on my machine which runs fine There aren t any extensions installed either that could probably interfere with these settings My friend s computer uses an ISDN dial-up connection which is quiet fine in quot speed quot for any other application using TCP IP MSIE TB BitDefender etc pp There s no difference if I disable BitDefender incl background services so I don t think that its firewall or AV engine are causing this I mean the pages show up but it takes over a minute for them to complete compared to several seconds only in MSIE Also it doesn t matter if the dial-up is initiated by FF MSIE or manually In any situation MSIE beats FF in speed which makes it hart for me to argue for FF I did or course a clean install of FF at that time after dumping the profile app folder - no success Any ideas anyone Thanx Have fun CirTap nbsp

A:very slow browsing with Firefox

this has speeded up my firefox and other peoples too you my want to give it a try.

1.Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:
network.http.pipelining network.http.proxy.pipelining network.http.pipelining.maxrequests

Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.

2. Alter the entries as follows:
Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"
Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"
Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30.
This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.

also firefox is now up to version 1.0.3

there are some other tips for "speedup" i'll post later, after work.
good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-slow-browsing-with-firefox.24576/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi all, i've been experiencing BSOD's for the past month and a half quite regularly. When im photoshoping and just half an hour ago browsing on Mozilla. BSOD is too quick and random for me to take a photo but ive noted that each time it is a driver power state failure. sometimes i get error codes like STOP: 0x00000116 or STOP: 0x0000009F i think was my last. Please help, i dont want to be writing up my assignments and then all of a sudden a BSOD pops up and i forgot to save...

A:BSOD when Photoshopping, and now browsing

0x116 errors are often caused by display drivers. Please attach your five most recent minidumps in your next post and we will read them for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-when-photoshopping-and-now-browsing.179961/
Relevancy 27.95%

I got this strange problem, and really dont know what to do about it anymore

I cant browse certain pages; Example: I can open google, but then when i try to search something it wouldn't display anything, it gets stuck at 'Waiting for Reply'

Meanwhile some other sites i can browse without any problems. I already check Blocked sites, and its empty

My internet connection is works fine, so i have no clue what it is.

Please Help. Thank you

A:Wierd Browsing problems

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Refer here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/ietopten.mspx
For even more options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wierd-browsing-problems.110390/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello everyone i am brand new to this site and am seeking help with this newer laptop. It's a Sony Vaio model number (VGN-NR180E) i purchased it 7 months ago for college. It has a Centrino duo processor, with windows vista. When i first purchased it the internet ran great. I have mozzila Firefox and Explorer on this laptop. The problem is i cannot load any web pages on it except face book and Google. I get an error message saying the page cannot be displayed. I am running a quest broadband modem, along wit a net gear router. I also cannot run any updates in my Vaio center or Ad-Aware online updates. This is truly frustrating and any help would be great.
Thanks,
Tyler

A:Sony Vaio Browsing Trouble

Software issue, not a hardware one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-browsing-trouble.111179/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have 4 windows xp pro computers and 1 Vista sp1 computer the problem is I can see all the XP machines ping them by name and IP, but when I go to create a mapping from the Vista machine to the 4 XP machines they will not map. Any ideas would be great.

A:Master Browsing

What are you using to map?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/master-browsing.109412/
Relevancy 28.38%

i had a bsod while browsing this morning.
used bluescreenview and have this report..thanks in advance.

==================================================
Dump File : Mini061110-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/11/2010 9:07:29 AM
Bug Check String : CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Bug Check Code : 0x000000f4
Parameter 1 : 0x00000003
Parameter 2 : 0x82d9e220
Parameter 3 : 0x82d9e394
Parameter 4 : 0x805fb146
Caused By Driver : Ntfs.sys
Caused By Address : Ntfs.sys+cbfa
File Description : NT File System Driver
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061110-01.dmp
Processors Count : 1
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 2600
==================================================

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-while-browsing.148374/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello All I know these issues are nothing new - but I was hoping that one or more of you had some suggestions I am running a year old Dell Inspiron laptop - PIII - mhz and MB Ram I have been running XP Home SP I actually did a clean install of the programs two weeks ago - wiping the drive clean I am connected wireless to the internet through a secure wireless network in my home I usually run Firefox - although I will use IE from time to time I have noticed that when I run programs and not open up my web browser no issues -- everything runs fine the Net when issues browsing Laptop However within five minutes of logging onto my web browser everything slows to a crawl There are no spyware programs and I have uninstalled McAfee which was killing my system When things get very slow my cpu usage is up at and the main culprit Laptop issues when browsing the Net is normally the browser - running at or close to of my cpu The fans will start to blow and not stop Could all this slowness be attributed at all to all of the Microsoft security updates that get downloaded to Laptop issues when browsing the Net my computer Should I try a clean install again there is nothing that I need on this computer right now Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop issues when browsing the Net

sounds very much like a virus attack.
run AVG free anti-virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issues-when-browsing-the-net.59503/
Relevancy 27.09%

Will somebody please tell me what is going on here? I have a fairly newly built computer, yet another fresh install of windows, all drivers/BIOS up to date, etc.

Yet, still I get CTDs and BSODs it seems when the system is under load. Sometimes, it is seemingly at random. It might crash as I'm typing this, for instance.

I am attaching minidumps as I have followed the steps outlined already several times before. Maybe one of you guys can help me diagnose this problem.

My system specs are:
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe MOBO
AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Barton Core 400 FSB
2x512 Corsair XMS matched pair running dual channel
On board audio
XFX GeForce 6600GT AGP 8X
200 GB Western Digital SATA drive
Antec 350W PSU with 21A on 12+rail
PLENTY of cooling

A:Getting CTDs while playing games, BSODs while downloading/ browsing.

Hi,

The culprit is faulty memory (ie RAM or Video Memory). Do you get BSOD when you execute emule?

You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
Make sure that the CPU fan works properly
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot. Reseat video card as well.
3. Downclock the ram. Check to default setting if you video card is overclocked.
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
For example : DIMM1 and DIMM2 do not have the same timing.
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
7. Make sure that your PSU have adequate power to drive all the hardware including USB devices
8. Run chkdsk /r at command prompt
9. Run 3D Mark to stress test your video ram

If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.

Debug report
Mini120105-01.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c000001d, 862e4144, f6d55230, 0}
Owning Process 8624e3c8 Image: MpfTray.exe
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!DC::vReleaseVis+39 )

Mini120105-02.dmp BugCheck 4E, {8f, a480, 2c248, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmZeroPageThread+11d )

Mini120105-03.dmp BugCheck 7A, {c0386b44, c0000102, e1ad101c, 36d65900}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!GreGetDIBColorTable+6f )

Mini120105-04.dmp BugCheck 10000050, {c206c71c, 0, 804e70d5, 0}
Faulty RAM
Owning Process 85d58da0 Image: emule.exe
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiLocateAndReserveWsle+52 )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-ctds-while-playing-games-bsods-while-downloading-browsing.38499/
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm running WinXp Home edition and i have 2 browsers installed - IE and Opera. Just recently I noticed that I cannot make any financial transactions such as with Amazon, Ebay, or pay any of my bills online. Same thing happens when I try to use Opera. I set the security settings in IE to low, so I don't know where the problem is.
Help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-internet-browsing-cant-log-into-accounts-for-financial-transactions.18615/
Relevancy 26.66%

Mozilla is taking its controversial in-browser advertising program to the next level. The foundation will roll out Suggested Tiles to its beta channel starting next week, joining Directory Tiles and Enhanced Tiles.

Read more

A:Mozilla to begin testing Firefox ads based on browsing history

Ad's are for chumps who don't know the true value of having AdBlock installed in their browser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mozilla-to-begin-testing-firefox-ads-based-on-browsing-history.213362/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello TSF One of the most respected communities on the internet heroic I must add I have had posted here before and have my problems resolved i am having one again I am experiencing slow browsing even the GMER exe had to be downloaded via a VPN ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Psio at on - - issues, broken links. Browsing Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC Browsing issues, broken links. A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe C Program Files Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe C ProgramData CharJi EVO OnlineUpdate ouc exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin cmw srv exe C ProgramData DatacardService HWDeviceService exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C ProgramData MobileBrServ mbbservice exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C ProgramData DatacardService DCSHelper exe C ProgramData DatacardService DCSHelper exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System Ctxfihlp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files CharJi EVO CharJi EVO exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Razer Lachesis LachesisSysTray exe C Windows vmsnap exe C Windows Domino exe C Users Psio AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin hsscp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin af proxy cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpn exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin fbwmgr exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin fbw exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin fbw exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin fbw exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system sppsvc exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search us com v guid F EFB A - E- - C - B E CA amp serpv uDefault Page URL hxxp search us com v guid F EFB A - E- - C - B E CA amp serpv uProxyServer hxxp https uProxyOverride lt local gt localhost BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype Click to Call for Internet Explorer AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - ... Read more

A:Browsing issues, broken links.

My apologies, I had some programs running as uTorrent and Skype, but I closed them during the scan, if it's needed to be done again, I will do it.

-Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/browsing-issues-broken-links-894978.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Dear,

Server: win 2012 server
PCs: windows 7 ultimate
(The server is just for data backup; no remote desktop, no mapping, nothing much).

I need to be able to control browsing on the PCs: e.g. Deny access to social media websites for example.

Please advise.

A:Controlling browsing on PCs

Is this in a business setting or a home environment?

For homes, I would use OpenDNS and let it deny the social media category.
It is not perfect, but it should help.

For businesses, I have no idea if OpenDNS fees are reasonable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379592-controlling-browsing-pcs.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I have one BSOD per day. I tried a lot of things that I found here. I scan the computer with Malwarebytes and MSE, updated with windows update, updated the network driver, unistalled a lot of software that could be related, ran check disk, used system restore. I just couldn't use system file checker.

A:BSOD while browsing, netio.sys error

Allot of important info is missing from your zip, please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to grab all and upload a new report here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379112-bsod-while-browsing-netio-sys-error.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello, I mostly gets BSOD while doing things like playing CS:GO or while browsing or listening to music or idle. I already follow the instructions.. unfortunately I can't find minidump anywhere although I already enabled it. but I installed dm log collector. The BSOD error code was 0x0000001E and the rest is 000...

I would be grateful for any help I can get.
ps. I got banned 7 days from playing competitive in CS:GO

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379369-bsod-playing-cs-go-while-browsing-listening-music-idle.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Guys,

Wondering what's up?

Yahoo's homepage shows different stories in Firefox 39 in Private Browsing Mode than in regular mode. Everything else is the same. This is a Windows 7 desktop PC.

Jack

A:Yahoo Home Page Has Different Stories in Firefox Private Browsing Mode?

I suspect Yahoo uses your browser's cookies and browsing history to populate stories based on what it thinks your preferences are. I haven't been on Yahoo's home page in years though so I don't know for sure.

I know Google News operates this way though (at least slightly).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yahoo-home-page-has-different-stories-in-firefox-private-browsing-mode.1152816/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,
After downloading images to my Win 8.1 laptop from my iPhone I have started getting a 'COM Surrogate has stopped working' error if any of the images are videos. If I close the error box, another opens for each video. eg. 5 times if 5 of the files are videos.
I am unable to view them at all without the error re-occurring, but if I transfer them via USB stick to another laptop, they work fine.
I have read that this error can be down to certain applications which I do not have.
Any ideas?

A:error browsing video images from phone camera

Here are some commands you can try to run in Windows to see if it fixes the problem. Click on Start screen, go to command prompt and then right-click and choose Run as Administrator. Now type in the following commands and enter: regsvr32 vbscript.dll ,,, regsvr32 jscript.dll That will re-register a few dlls with Windows and it might just fix the COM surrogate error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-browsing-video-images-from-phone-camera.1140112/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I hope somebody has run into this list copies PC's, from missing PC's some Browsing Network Windows other shows of are multiple 7 - I am pulling my hair out About two months ago I started deploying Windows pro Windows 7 Network Browsing shows multiple copies of other PC's, some PC's are missing from list bit PC's in small workgroup setting with less than computers nbsp The existing network was is XP It is a simple router NAT device at the internet side and internally there is a switch The router hands out addresses via DHCP What I am seeing is Win computers show up twice - or sometimes not at all when browsing the network The computers that don't show up can be forced to show up properly by typing in their name in the address bar - voila they show up in the list Hitting f Windows 7 Network Browsing shows multiple copies of other PC's, some PC's are missing from list repeatedly will eventually clear it up They are accessible via UNC Its the list that looks wonky Details on the config - Dell optiplex GX 's Network discovery is on password protected file sharing is set to yes Other things I have done to resolve Put all machines on static addresses install and configure a WINS server removed IPv via MS quot Fit it quot All machines are confirmed to be in hybrid Netbios mode I shut off home groups in the services cpl I forced the computers on I disabled the power settings on the network adapters Finally I disabled LLDP amp LLDPR on the adapters nbsp Has anybody seen this Can anybody help

A:Windows 7 Network Browsing shows multiple copies of other PC's, some PC's are missing from list

Hi,

Please check whether the following thread can help:

Any way to replicate "Entire Network" view in Windows 7 (with workgroup/domain hierarchy shown)
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/93435690-8542-46db-8da7-ce83e5eb38f0

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15e35997-98bb-4a1e-aff1-ed34ecde5674/windows-7-network-browsing-shows-multiple-copies-of-other-pcs-some-pcs-are-missing-from-list?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 28.38%

I search with Google Chrome.The down arrow on the bottom right hand side is hidden.The task bar at the bottom seems to be higher than usual.How can that be fixed?

A:Browsing problems

Try this and let me know if it works.  Right click on the task bar and uncheck "lock the taskbar". Go to the edge of the taskbar until your pointer changes to a line with an arrow on each end.  Hold left click and drag down. Let go and right click to recheck "lock taskbar". 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576193/browsing-problems/
Relevancy 27.52%

Browsing using google chrome I get redirected to websites like tradeexchange com randomly and websites telling me to call numbers to clear infection It may be an hour or may be a few minutes into my browsing I don't know seems independent of the site I'm currently on Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by rshih administrator on BOOSBO - - Running from C Users rshih Desktop Loaded Profiles rshih amp Guest amp Available Profiles rshih amp Guest Platform Windows Pro X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe like tradeexchange.com while redirects browsing to websites Seeing Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co Seeing redirects to websites like tradeexchange.com while browsing KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe cFos Software GmbH C Program Files ASRock XFast LAN spd exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Intel Corporation C Windows System IPROSetMonitor exe C Program Files x Common Files Appkeys yytool exe DEVGURU Co LTD C Program Files Samsung USB Drivers escape conn ss conn service exe VMware Inc C Windows SysWOW vmnat exe VMware Inc C Windows SysWOW vmnetdhcp exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira ServiceHost exe VMware Inc C Program Files x VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System GWX GWX exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe cFos Software GmbH C Program Files ASRock XFast LAN cfosspeed exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System StikyNot exe Dropbox Inc C Users rshih AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x REDRAGON GAMING MOUSE PDMon exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira Systray exe ATI Technologies Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Reader x wekyb d bbwe glcnd exe Emsisoft Ltd C Program Files x Emsisoft Anti-Malware a service exe Emsisoft Ltd C Program Files x Emsisoft Anti-Malware a guard exe SurfRight B V C Program Files HitmanPro hmpsched exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google I... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588033/seeing-redirects-to-websites-like-tradeexchangecom-while-browsing/
Relevancy 27.52%

Using chrome I get redirected to website tradeexchange.com  and sometimes a blue screen webpage telling me to call a number.

Used various of the software on this website, doesnt seem to be resolving that issue

Ran malwarebytes
junk removal tool
ccleaner
eset online scanner
hitmanpro  which only finds tracking cookies (clear them then still get redirected)
rkill
adW cleaner
emisoft antimalware

what can I do?

A:Browsing using google chrome get redirected

Hello,

You can get an expert opinion by asking for help in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. You will need to follow instructions in the Preparation Guide.
Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Start with Step 6.

Informe me if you need any help.

Edited by severac, Yesterday, 04:26 AM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587891/browsing-using-google-chrome-get-redirected/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello all, I have a friends computer that I'm trying to fix.  I scanned it with Malwarebytes and it found 1000 objects but couldn't remove them.  one is a conduit program.  can someone help me fix this computer?

thanks
scott

A:getting tons of popups when browsing

Hello scalvert,

Do you receive some error message from MBAM?

----------
Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/

§  Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
§  If using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
§  A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
§  If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
§  Do not reboot until instructed.
§  If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.
When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.
Post it in your next reply.
NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

-----------

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
§  Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
§  Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
§  A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

-------

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
Please download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool from here.
§  Right click on KVRT.exe and select Run as Administrator.
§  Read the EULA, then select Accept.
§  Wait for Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to initialize.
§  In the main screen, select Change parameters, place a checkmark in System drive, then click OK.
§  Click Start scan.
§  Wait for Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to complete scanning.
§  When the scan is finished, select Neutralize all for all detected objects.
§  Close Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool when done.
Informe me if something is detected.

-------

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
§  Close all open programs and internet browsers.
§  Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
§  Click on Scan button.
§  When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
§  Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
§  Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
§  You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S0].txt as well.

------------------------

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
§  Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
§  Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
§  The tool will open and start scanning your system.
§  Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
§  On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
§  Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

------------------

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586989/getting-tons-of-popups-when-browsing/
Relevancy 27.52%

Firefox was getting slow to respond so I built a new computer trying to speed it up. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Intel core i7 5820k, 16GB quad channel ram, ssd drive for OS, 1TB drive for storage, 46Mbps (tested) internet speed, etc. etc. But my browser still responds slowly sometimes. One thought that occurs is is NSA hacking me because I'm not an Obama fan? I've tried other browsers and they all act the same. I've tried tweaking Firefox. Nothing has helped. HELP. Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585967/web-browsing-slow-but-super-fast-computer-help/
Relevancy 27.52%

Just tried to clear browsing data from Win Edge for the first time. Got a message saying all data could not be cleared and to try again. Tried again and again but still got same message. How can I determine what data  isn't clearing? Also, how can I tell if this is a privacy/security issue? Thanks.

A:Can't Clear All Browsing Data from Win Edge

Did you use this procedure [email protected]@K?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585340/cant-clear-all-browsing-data-from-win-edge/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello Well this is the rd topic i've made about this annoyance i have been having I don't even know if it can be resolved or if I can avoid it at all about blank We found out its not a malware in this case hijacker or anything that can harm the machine Even so its hanging up my browsing efforts slowing down at times and even stopping the search i sometimes have to refresh or hit the link again to get it to move It doesn't always show up it seems to be a random thing When it hangs its anywhere from to seconds before continuing This happens in chrome and firefox Although it seems to hang with chrome and firefox just zips through it like its just part of the search path I have also noticed it when i was using - annoyance Browsing about:blank IE and that was Browsing annoyance - about:blank a disaster so not going back there Has anyone else heard of this issue besides the hijacker thing Just wondering because only a few people i know of has even heard of about blank Id really like to figure this out if its even possible lol And since its not a malware or anything that is 'attached' to my system i wonder if i should go ahead and contact Microsoft since its their creation Maybe they have a way of getting rid of it Windows bit Desktop UTD Google Chrome UTD Avast avpMalwarebytesSuperAntispywareCcleaner I was referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t aboutblank-possible-malware Thank you in advance for any help

A:Browsing annoyance - about:blank

OP has also begun another new thread here on 26 June 2015: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/45bf2bdc-ff0d-4479-beef-4350fb15608c/aboutblank-annoyance-and-issues?forum=w8itprogeneral

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579151/browsing-annoyance-aboutblank/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello,
Is anyone else experiencing this?  Clients, specifically on the West Coast, are experiencing BSOD in reference to "display driver" when they browse to Amazon.com.
Windows7 64 bit
IE 11 32 bit

A:8/2015, clients experiencing BSOD browsing Amazon.com - a thread from May is unanswered

The problem has been tricky to track down, but I finally got my hands on an affected machine and noted the file causing the BSOD (atikmpag.sys). This led me to confirm what others believed
was the issue; the ATI video driver. If the machine is a 990 model - then download the AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Without-DOTnet45-Win7-64bit for those running Win7 64 bit.
For any other models, go to the AMD site and download
the necessary drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download.
More than likely it was a combo failure between either the newest Flash update, a MSFT update, and then the video driver no longer being compatible at this point.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b6108015-098e-4909-996c-ab14993c9c73/82015-clients-experiencing-bsod-browsing-amazoncom-a-thread-from-may-is-unanswered?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 27.95%

Just tried to clear browsing data from Win Edge for the first time. Got a message saying all data could not be cleared and to try again. Tried again and again but still got same message. How can I determine what data isn't clearing? Also, how can I tell if this is a privacy/security issue? Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585672/cant-clear-all-browsing-data/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am browsing a house selling website and I can only describe it as always appearing like html mode.  All other websites I visit are okay and being viewed as you would view a website.

A:Browsing website and it looks like html design, other websites appear okay

Have you tried using a different broiwser?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575730/browsing-website-and-it-looks-like-html-design-other-websites-appear-okay/
Relevancy 28.38%

How to clear my browsing history in win. 8.1, I put a check mark in the box for clearing browser history in the App. it did not clear my browsing history.
Thanks for your help
Willie T.

A:Need help with browsing

What browser are you running?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543096/need-help-with-browsing/
Relevancy 27.52%

IE 11 keeps on asking me if I want to speed up browsing by disabling add-ons.

I am happy with the add-ons that I have enabled and don't need to make any changes to my browsing speed.

Why do I have to keep on seeing this question over and over when I always answer no?

A:IE11 keeps asking me if I want to speed up browsing by disabling add-ons.

Hi -
I.E. has been a pain recently with these sort of questions (I get them most days also)

I have never replied to these, but just [x] out of it. This may be a reminder to all of us regardless of System (mine is Win 7)

Someone out there may be totally annoyed and asked Microsoft, but I have not seen a specific post.

Another quick search and if there is something I will post it back here -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538922/ie11-keeps-asking-me-if-i-want-to-speed-up-browsing-by-disabling-add-ons/
Relevancy 27.52%

I posted this in the Security Forum and the BC advisor says I have no infection and should re-post here My daughter lives in an apartment where she shares the web connection of the business downstairs The router password is simply the business name Her browsing became extremely slow when she moved there My computer was running fine One day I got on the web at her apartment All was fine as I was on the web at that location After I returned home that day and restarted my computer all operations are - times slower After a restart it takes minutes for my home page to come up Firefox is my default browser Getting to a site's home page takes several tries and takes much longer slow Computer browsing suddenly very then navigating within the site takes much longer or fails entirely For example I can get to my email home page and after - tries over minutes I can view an email I can get to Netflix home page but cannot connect to watch a movie regardless of how many times I try I just get the something's wrong message IE works better I can connect to a Netflix streaming movie but is still slow It seems to me Computer suddenly browsing very slow I picked up something from a possibly hacked web connection My system is a Toshiba Satelite C D GB Ram bit with Windows Home Premium Service Pack

A:Computer suddenly browsing very slow

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560022/computer-suddenly-browsing-very-slow/
Relevancy 27.95%

Vista Ver. 6.0, build 6002, SP2

Dell Inspiron 545
Intel Core2 Quad, Q9400 2.66 Mhz, 8G RAM, 64 bit OS

BSOD while browsing Chrome.  Manual shutdown

Automatic shutdown while browsing Firefox.

chkdsk found no errors

Malwarebytes found no errors

Regsupremempro found and fixed errors (Some files removed, no back up made)

Vacuumed out machince

From CMD ran "sfc /scannow".  Log for today attached

Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks,

Chris Bertolini

A:BSOD while browsing chrome

What is the BSOD error message?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555002/bsod-while-browsing-chrome/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am new here running a few things through my laptop and am completely stuck I use a toshiba satelite L -S running Vista SP Noticed recently things have been running slow and getting worse Last week I got frustrated and shut the laptop a bit harder than I should have and now things seem worse Boots are tempermental sometimes internet is non existent I ve noticed quot not responding quot is something I see after a few minutes of browsing etc I have tried a few scans and tried running chkdsk stage and it keeps stalling and I mean STALLING at through stage usually at like I said it stalls for days so I know the s I ve run hijack and attached I d really like to know if I should be checking connections under the quot hood quot or if I m in some software nightmare During repair from windows installation CD I found instances of vundo and removed both can t web browsing Toshiba chkdsk, windows, Satelite Freezing during find it anymore and have cleaned my registry but still not confident that things are clean Any ideas Mod Edit Toshiba Satelite Freezing during chkdsk, windows, web browsing Removed HJT log not permitted used in this forum see No DDS HijackThis or ComboFix Toshiba Satelite Freezing during chkdsk, windows, web browsing logs should be posted in this forum - BleepingComputer com - http www Toshiba Satelite Freezing during chkdsk, windows, web browsing bleepingcomputer com forums forum- announcement- -no-dds-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum - Hamluis Any help would be appreciated

A:Toshiba Satelite Freezing during chkdsk, windows, web browsing

Open MSconfig disable everything except your antivirus.If you connect wirelessly then do not disable anything that reads wireless.REoot.You do not need anything other than your AV starting with your machine.http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/index.htmlhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902unzip Autoruns to your desktop run it.See any entries that read file not found when you see them right click and select delete do this only for the entries that read file not found also uncheck any scheduled task that are set to run on your machine,close the program.After completing the above task then Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exeSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!double click on TFC.exe to run it.If TFC doesnt prompt a reboot then please do so manuallyHit start at the lower left hand corner type cmd in the run box and copy and paste the following info chkdsk /r Hit enter it will ask to schedule a check disk on the next reboot hit y type exit then reboot your machine it will take a good while to finish let it be this is normal.You will need to open an elevated command prompt to run CHKDSK /R http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/783-elevated-command-prompt.htmlPlease download MINITOOLBOX and run it. Right Click Run As Adminhttp://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exeCheckmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.Then defrag your machine. http://www.vcsoftwares.com/SpeeDefrag.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454437/toshiba-satelite-freezing-during-chkdsk-windows-web-browsing/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hell All,

Specs:
I am running IE v9 (9.0.8112.16421 - 256 bit) on Windows Vista Home Edition (sp2)

Issue:
When i am browswing any site, and click a link which will open a second browser tab, i immediately get an error message "Internet Explorer has Stopped Working" with a Close Program button. This will only close out the new tab that was attempting to be opened.

Solution:
This is what I am looking for. I would think there is a setting in IE. Prior to upgrading to IE v9, i was on v8 and at one point was ok, but eventually started having this issue, cant remember exactly when. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

A:Web Browsing Issue

In IE go Tools>Internet options>Advanced tab, click on "Reset" button.
Restart IE.
Same problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411273/web-browsing-issue/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello all I have an older system that has been working flawlessly until I started messing with drivers last night System specs Asus K VSE Deluxe motherboard AMD processor Creative Audigy ZS - browsing messing Laggy/choppy & ATI Video after drivers scrolling with sound card Sapphire X Pro video card gigs ram XP Home Edition My monitor is a viewable Viewsonic E FB Forever I have been running at x resolution hz I started researching on if any larger resolutions would work and it turns out the suggested resolution for and CRT monitors is x So last night I tried switching to x It switched to the new resolution but something wasn't right My desktop was in virtual mode where I had to scroll left right up down to see the entire screen So I uninstalled my ATI drivers I had the latest drivers but did not have catalyst control center installed and then reinstalled from scratch after using add remove programs to remove the drivers also using the ATI uninstall utility in add remove programs So I installed the new drivers - x resolution worked PROPERLY ATI Video - Laggy/choppy scrolling & browsing after messing with drivers but all of a sudden moving a window around the desktop AND browsing the internet provided extremely laggy choppy scrolling Just as if you don't have the driver's installed Also I wasn't able to change the refresh rate out of hz So fast forward a day and many many hours of TRYING to tinker with my system I have installed uninstalled ATI drivers and Catalyst Control Center about a dozen times trying different combinations It turns out that apparently I do need Catalyst Control Center to be installed FIRST so that I can unlock the refresh rate before uninstalling Catalyst Control Center So I was able to achieve the proper refresh rate BUT I was still having the terrible laggy choppy scrolling and internet browsing still am right now - ugh So I started thinking - what about monitor drivers FOREVER - my monitor has been FINE using the Default Monitor driver provided by XP from So I doubt this is the problem However I tinkered with this I tried using the othed default Plug And Play monitor driver provided by XP nope doesn't change anything I also tried using the unsigned Viewsonic E FB drivers nope doesn't matter They only appear to be a color profile anyway The Viewsonic signed drivers said they couldn't detect my monitor so I never tried the signed drivers What the heck did I do I just want to go back to x hz with smooth scrolling and just forget about the whole thing unfortunately I have system restore disabled Is there some sort of a driver registry problem going on Ultimately I WOULD like to try x hz if I could but I'd totally be fine going back to where I started at x hz if it meant I could browse smoothly once again and drag windows without lag

A:ATI Video - Laggy/choppy scrolling & browsing after messing with drivers

I just spend about 20 minutes going through the entire registry as well as all of Windows looking for every ATI entry and deleting them all (I did not touch the AMD entrys as this involves my Processor most likely) and it made no difference.  I reinstalled the drivers once more after rebooting, and I'm still stuck at 60hz with laggy scrolling and window dragging.

I did not install catalyst control center - I'm thinking that I shouldn't NEED catalyst control center in order to "unlock" the standard refresh rates that my monitor has available?

Also I think the refresh rame is not primarily to blame for the laggy scrolling.  I have used 60hz before and didn't encounter such problems......it's simply the refresh rate of the monitor and doesn't have anything else to do with Windows and the graphics drawing speed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491157/ati-video-laggychoppy-scrolling-browsing-after-messing-with-drivers/
Relevancy 27.09%

HI all experts,

Kindly advice as I am unable to surf the internet as usual from now on due to the network-sharing issue .

supposedly , i registered and pay for my own account , not so sure why I can see other accounts in the menu .

My account is edward82 . I would like to get advice whether the accounts  will affect my internet access perfomance.
If so, are there any trouble shootings to deal with it as i have fed up with the said .

Thank you.

A:network sharing slow down the internet browsing issue

HI All,

Actually , I was unable to put in the screen shot and didn't know how to explain my curent issue.
simply put :

I am having network performance issue when sharing a single network with multiple users.

kindly advice again.

thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491681/network-sharing-slow-down-the-internet-browsing-issue/
Relevancy 26.66%

There's a major privacy concern in Windows that I'm hoping I can get advice on avoiding Everyone knows how common it is in every application to have to choose to Open or Save As or Import Export or in some recent locations Privacy concern: remembers Explorer dialog browsing other way get prompted by a small Explorer window to locate whatever it Privacy concern: Explorer browsing dialog remembers recent locations is you need to find a picture to add as a Skype avatar Privacy concern: Explorer browsing dialog remembers recent locations a folder to save your Word document an audio file to use as a custom sound for some program whatever there are hundreds of possibilities The problem is that in almost every single case it opens a recently used directory by default I haven't quite figured out exactly how it decides which directory to default to but it happens very often where I'm prompted to find say an audio file and it opens the little Explorer dialogue and immediately defaults to my deeply-nested porn collection or some obscure AppData location I visited recently This has obvious privacy implications and not just for porn collections Use your imagination So is there any way to have it default to nothing or some other way to get around this privacy Russian Roulette of sorts I know this is not unique to Windows and I know this isn't anything new I just never bothered to figure it out until now Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379738-privacy-concern-explorer-browsing-dialog-remembers-recent-locations.html
Relevancy 27.95%

i'm sorry if my english is not well I have problem with my browser I cant install all my browser Mozilla chrome or Opera And My Internet Exploler is gone to from my taskbar But I have internet connection with wifi I get this problem after I install Free AVG anti-virus i didnt know about it I try to change my administrator unistall AvG and other little thing When i see the solution in my friend pc maybe i thing it is becouse My MMC If i go error & can't MMC start browsing into my firewall advanced MMC error & can't start browsing settings and try to click on inbound or outbound rules i get an error that says MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it if I press unload the snap-in and continue running it get FX b ac-fe c- -be - a cbb cbe The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized Exception type System Net Sockets SocketException These are the only problems that I have cought so far Please help Last solution i tried is with rogue killer n adw cleaner this is the result ROGUEKILLER RogueKiller V Jul by Adlice Software mail http www adlice com contact Feedback http forum adlice com Website http www adlice com softwares roguekiller Blog http www adlice com Operating System MMC error & can't start browsing Windows bits version Started in Normal mode User Cucuk Administrator Started from C Users Cucuk Desktop RogueKiller exe Mode Delete -- Date Processes PUP ProtectWindowsManager exe -- C ProgramData WindowsMangerProtect ProtectWindowsManager exe - gt Killed TermProc Suspicious Path TSVulFW DAT MMC error & can't start browsing -- C ProgramData Tencent TSVulFw TSVulFW DAT - gt Unloaded PUP SVC cherimoya -- system drivers cherimoya sys - gt ERROR c PUP SVC nethfdrv -- C Windows system drivers nethfdrv sys - gt Stopped PUP SVC QMUdisk -- C Program Files Tencent QQPCMgr QMUdisk sys - gt ERROR c PUP SVC QQPCRTP -- C Program Files Tencent QQPCMgr QQPCRTP exe -r - gt ERROR c PUP SVC TAOAccelerator -- C Windows system Drivers TAOAccelerator sys - gt Stopped PUP SVC TS -- C Program Files Tencent QQPCMgr TS sys - gt Stopped PUP SVC TSDefenseBt -- system DRIVERS TSDefenseBt sys - gt Stopped PUP SVC TSSysKit -- C Program Files Tencent QQPCMgr TSSysKit sys - gt ERROR c Registry PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services cherimoya system drivers cherimoya sys - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services globalUpdate C Program Files globalUpdate Update globalupdate exe svc - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services globalUpdatem C Program Files globalUpdate Update globalupdate exe medsvc - gt Not selected Suspicious Path HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services gopibeko C Users Cukwenk AppData Local CD - - E - EA - D BFA DE snsjB tmp - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services IHProtect Service C Program Files MiuiTab ProtectService exe - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services nethfdrv C Windows system drivers nethfdrv sys - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services NetHttpService C Windows system nethtsrv exe - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services QMUdisk C Program Files Tencent QQPCMgr QMUdisk sys - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services QQPCRTP C Program Files Tencent QQPCMgr QQPCRTP exe -r - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services ServiceUpdater C Windows system netupdsrv exe - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services TAOAccelerator C Windows system Drivers TAOAccelerator sys - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services TS C Program Files Tencent QQPCMgr TS sys - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services TSDefenseBt system DRIVERS TSDefenseBt sys - gt Not selected PUP HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentCon... Read more

A:MMC error & can't start browsing

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the Malware Removal forum and wait for help.Failure to post replies within 3 days will result in this thread being closed.

Hello VickyPratama,
My name is mAL_rEm018, but feel free to call me mAL.  I'm an undergraduate trainee and as such my posts to you have to first be checked by a Teacher, because of this my replies to your posts may be slightly delayed. Please be patient and I'm sure we'll be able to resolve your problems.

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

Cobian BackupDriveImage XML

To make sure everything goes smoothly, I would like you to observe the following rules:
You must have Administrator rights, permissions for this computer.
Please reply to this thread.  Do not start another topic.
Perform all actions in the order given.
If you don't know, stop and ask!
DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
Don't attempt to install any new software (other than those I ask you to) until your computer is clean.
DO NOT post for help at any other forum.  Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
I advise you to print the instructions if possible, since your internet connection might not be available during some of the fixes.
Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear, therefore stick with this topic until I give you the "all clear".
I am currently reviewing you logs and will return as soon as possible, with additional instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584133/mmc-error-cant-start-browsing/
Relevancy 27.52%

Few days ago I was hit with some malware, since then Avast has been giving me constant warnings of a url:mal infection and various processes on my computer have been slowed to a crawl.

I have tried various ways of removing this on my own, an Avast complete scan, JRT, Hitman Pro scan, Malware Bytes, combofix (It was not until I read the forum that I realized that this wasn't something I was supposed to do unless told, apologies for any inconvenience), superanti spyware, adwcleaner, and tddss killer.

There doesn't seem to be anything out of place when looking at task manager processes.

A couple pics of the specific errors from Avast: http://i.imgur.com/4dUWTnr.png http://i.imgur.com/U7DlQFL.png

Any help would be appreciated, logs attached and thank you in advance.

A:URL:Mal infection, browsing and windows explorer slowed

Hello Bwarch and welcome to BleepingComputer!            

My name is Sirawit and I'm here to help you.

Please note that I'm currently in training and my fixes need to be approved first, that may delay our fix a bit, but I will normally reply back in 24 hours.

If I don't reply after 3 days, feel free to PM me.             
==========================================================================Some points for you to keep in mind:
Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide detail in every post.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the  button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end with some additional information on how to stay malware-free.
Lastly, I would like to remind you that most members here are volunteers, and sometimes "real life" can get in the way of our malware hunt. I will notify you if I know I will need to be away for longer than 48 hours.
==========================================================================

I've submitted my reports to my instructor and will reply to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581324/urlmal-infection-browsing-and-windows-explorer-slowed/
Relevancy 27.52%

I normally use McAfee on this computer We let the software subscription expire for about two weeks and have now renewed it But in the interim something bad has happened to the computer and now whenever I browse use Chrome of the time I get unending popup ads Closing the ads just calls up more and more popups There is a message at the lower left corner of the browser that constantly says Waiting for ib adnxs com and the browser tab at the top has a spinning blue wheel Here is the txt file the other file is attached Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by The Callows administrator on CALLOW- on - - Running from C Users Matthew Desktop Loaded Profiles The Callows Available profiles The Callows Platform Windows X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files browsing...(Waiting while pop for web Non-stop ads message)? up ib.adnxs.com Realtek Audio HDA RtkAudioService exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe Qualcomm Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe Fitbit Inc C Program Files x Fitbit Connect FitbitConnectService exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Non-stop pop up ads while web browsing...(Waiting for ib.adnxs.com message)? Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe McAfee Inc C Program Files x McAfee Non-stop pop up ads while web browsing...(Waiting for ib.adnxs.com message)? SiteAdvisor mcsacore exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfemms exe McAfee Inc C Windows System mfevtps exe McAfee Inc C Windows System mfevtps exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee AMCore mcshield exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW rundll exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C Program Files x Wyse PocketCloud PocketCloudService exe Wyse Technology C Program Files x Wyse PocketCloud WyseRemoteAccess exe Atheros C Program Files x Dell Wireless Ath WlanAgent exe McAfee Inc C Program Files McAfee MSC McAPExe exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxHK exe C Windows System igfxTray exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Overwolf LTD C Program Files x Overwolf Overwolf exe Fitbit Inc C Program Files x Fitbit Connect Fitbit Connect exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Micros... Read more

A:Non-stop pop up ads while web browsing...(Waiting for ib.adnxs.com message)?

Hi. I'm checking your log now and will reply with instructions soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565218/non-stop-pop-up-ads-while-web-browsingwaiting-for-ibadnxscom-message/
Relevancy 27.09%

I seem to have got some spyware malware that makes make browsing Constant impossible the popups internet my browser come to a screeching halt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Jodie administrator on JODIE-PC on - - Running from C Users Jodie Desktop Loaded Profiles Jodie Available profiles Jodie Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng Constant popups make browsing the internet impossible exe C Users Jodie AppData Local Amazon Music Amazon Music Helper exe C Users Jodie AppData Roaming - - - - FFFFFFFF nsy CD tmpfs Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files x Lrunaboracium Lrunaboracium exe C Users Jodie AppData Roaming - - - - FFFFFFFF jnsi tmp Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe C Users Jodie AppData Local Temp nsbE E tmp C Users Jodie AppData Local Temp nsm tmp Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM-x Run gt X Winlogon Notify SDWinLogon-x SDWinLogon dll X HKLM Policies Explorer HideSCAHealth HKU S- - - - - - - Policies Explorer HideSCAHealth HKU S- - - - - - - MountPoints acdefe - ed- e - fb - cf b f - G TL Bootstrap exe HKU S- - - Policies Explorer HideSCAHealth ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers KAVOverlayIcon - gt F E - D - E -A E - A C AFA gt No File ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x Groove Explorer Icon Overlay GFS Unread Stub - gt FD C-D - F - F-B C EDA E gt D Office Office GROOVEEX DLL Microsoft Corporation ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x Groove Explorer Icon Overlay GFS Stub - gt AB C - E E- B - - ECEF D CC gt D Office Office GROOVEEX DLL Microsoft Corporation ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x Groove Explorer Icon Overlay GFS Unread Folder - gt E DB - - -B A -BAFC D gt D Office Office GROOVEEX DLL Microsoft Corporation ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x Groove Explorer Icon Overlay GFS Folder - gt F DD - AF - - D- C C gt D Office Office GROOVEEX DLL Microsoft Corporation ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x Groove Explorer Icon Overlay GFS Unread Mark - gt C E- A - FE- - ABE BF DCC gt D Office Office GROOVEEX DLL Microsoft Corporation ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x KAVOverlayIcon - gt F E - D - E -A E - A C AFA gt No File CHR HKLM SOFTWARE Policies Google Policy restriction lt ATTENTION Internet Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist if it is a registry item it will be removed or restored to default ProxyEnable S- - - - - - - gt Internet Explorer proxy is enabled ProxyServer S- - - - - - - gt http HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Redirect Cache http www msn com ocid iehp SearchScopes HKU DEFAULT - gt DefaultScope EE -D - f-A FF-E B B E A URL SearchScopes HKU S- - - - gt DefaultScope EE -D - f-A FF-E B B E A URL SearchScopes HKU S- - - - gt DefaultScope EE -D - f-A FF-E B B E A URL BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - gt - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL - - Microsoft Corporation BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - gt D - C - ABF- ECC- C - gt C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll - - Microsoft Corp BHO Goo... Read more

A:Constant popups make browsing the internet impossible

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.The Addition.txt is missing. Please re-run FRST.Step 1Start FRST with administator privileges.Make sure the following option is checked: Press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571501/constant-popups-make-browsing-the-internet-impossible/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello lately i'm having a problem within my browser This is what happens Im surfing arround and suddenly when i click something i e a picture to enlarge or a link a new Tab opens and loads a camsite or a site for an ultimate gaming toolbar or sometimes i could win something because im the lucky th visitor Or the picture link is opened loaded in a new Tab and the tab i was originally surfing in has camsite opens loads and randomly the Tab Terraclicks browsing net when new - loaded the one of these sites Its always the same kind of websites that loads At some point i managed to take a screenshot of the Tab loading this site Terraclicks - new Tab opens and loads camsite when randomly browsing the net and at first the adress says www terraclicks com watch key various numbers and letters following and a second later it redirects to one of those sites sorry if im not allowed to write links Terraclicks - new Tab opens and loads camsite when randomly browsing the net so Am I infected and What Terraclicks - new Tab opens and loads camsite when randomly browsing the net do I do I have windows home premium Browser Mozilla Firefox Norton Antivirus Things i have tried maybe i shouldnt have I installed and ran cleaned up with Malwarebytes CCleaner Spybot search and destroy ADWcleaner Hitman Pro trial And a full system scan with norton also The problem still occurs scans dont find anything unusual anymore i think and i have no clue what to do now kind regards John

A:Terraclicks - new Tab opens and loads camsite when randomly browsing the net

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585771/terraclicks-new-tab-opens-and-loads-camsite-when-randomly-browsing-the-net/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have been trying to fix my my kid's lap top. Running Windows 7.  In Chrome an additional tab will open automatically and a popup within the tab there is advertising for virus removal software.  Not sure what he has tried himself already.  Last weekend I believe he used AdwCleaner, tdskiller,   

A:popups making internet browsing not possible

Google Chrome has an option that will reset itself to its default settings. To find this option, open Chrome's menu and select Settings. Perform a search for “reset browser” and you'll see the Reset browsersettings button.

I used these instructions on a friends machine and it cleared up the problem immediately.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570827/popups-making-internet-browsing-not-possible/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

I don't know if this is an infection or an OS fault.

I am having problems browsing the internet on a Windows 7 PC which is hardwired to the router. 
All other wifi devices are unaffected, PC stills causes problems when connected via a WIFI dongle.

Main symptoms are:

very poor browsing experience lots of "this web page is not available errors"
seems to effect http sites more than https.
spotify is unaffected and is working ok
can Ping google, microsoft etc ok although occasionally it will fail to resolve the IP address i.e ping www.google.com
have changed pc DNS to 8.8.8.8 to no avail.
I have flushed the DNS and IP/TCP stacks to no avail.
usual AV is AVG free
and have run CCleaner and malwarebytes.
contacted ISP and they can see no issues on the line.

I somebody can point me in the right direction.

A:problems with internet browsing. can Ping without issues

Welcome aboard

See if you have same issue in safe mode with networking.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571196/problems-with-internet-browsing-can-ping-without-issues/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi there.
This is my system.
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4056 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1804 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 407942 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0F642T
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled
I don't know whether it's age, or I have a problem, but recently I've been having trouble with my computer. After about 10 minutes of browsing the Internet, tabs won't open and the browser doesn't respond. It's also impossible to access the task manager and other programs.
My virus scanner and cleanup also seem to lock up after about 20,000 files examined.
Had a Poweliks virus a while back cleaned up.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thx,
Jay!

A:Need help, slow browsing, computer locking up

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571729/need-help-slow-browsing-computer-locking-up/
Relevancy 27.52%

My computers internet is running really slow, and it says "not responding, or unresponsive script" every time I open the internet browser and sometimes it even crashes the youtube videos im watching. I think it has something to do with adobe because when I open task manager there is two task open called FlashPlayerPlugin_16_0_0_305.exe *32. When I open the task manager I also have a lot of programs with .32* exe on them, what does this mean? I'm not very knowledgeable with computer stuff so bare with me please. Thanks for you help.

A:Slow internet browsing, Unresponsive script.

Try disabling all your extensions. This might solve the problem. If it does, then enable each extension one-by-one to see which one is causing the problem.

How to disable add-ons/extensions on:
Firefox
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-or-remove-add-ons
Chrome
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/187443?hl=en
Internet Explorer
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11
Opera
http://help.opera.com/Mac/11.60/en/extensions.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570750/slow-internet-browsing-unresponsive-script/
Relevancy 26.23%

What was a fast browser (most recent Chrome), now I'm getting page failures,  super long time "resolving host",  out of curiosity I started looking at my 'services' using task manager and saw trkwks.  Ive had BP folks help me on a previous laptop, so I searched for trkwks on BP and saw it was an undesirable.  I ran malware bytes and found nothing. I have ZoneLabs Extreme Security running, and a scan showed nothing.

Windows 7 Lenovo thinkpad  W530 laptop.  Win 7 pro, service pack 1

I tried stopping trkwks and was not allowed to.  May just be me, but it seems like today and yesterday it's getting worse.  
Any help?
Thanks!

A:Browsing slow, lots of page failures, long time resolving Host,

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:

A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569376/browsing-slow-lots-of-page-failures-long-time-resolving-host/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I wanted to get some help with my Google Chrome Browser I usually use Google Chrome browsing Chrome / Virus?? laggy working downloads & uploads Google not Possible for general browsing videos downloads and uploads Yesterday at around AM Chrome decided it doesn't want to upload or download anything I would right click and save files and it Possible Virus?? Google Chrome downloads & uploads not working / laggy browsing won't ask Possible Virus?? Google Chrome downloads & uploads not working / laggy browsing me a destination It was acting as if I hadn't clicked anything It also was is still fluctuating sometimes it offers to save files and sometimes not It is the same with uploads as well My browser is usually very smooth but now it is having a hard time playing minute videos and browsing is laggy in general Windows issue Also whenever I try to access 'This Possible Virus?? Google Chrome downloads & uploads not working / laggy browsing PC' or 'My Documents Pictures Downloads Videos etc ' It gets all slow and tells me the program is not responding Is there a way to fix this and is there a possibility of malware or a virus being the reason behind this issue I am using a Lenovo touchscreen notebook pc with Windows on Mozilla Firefox Thanks so much for your time and any help is appreciated -Lilly

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569076/possible-virus-google-chrome-downloads-uploads-not-working-laggy-browsing/
Relevancy 27.52%

brand new hp with windows 8 it is super slow on the internet non of are other computers are and it takes like all the internet usage when using it the other computer will stop working when this one is trying to browse 

A:super slow internet browsing

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566853/super-slow-internet-browsing/
Relevancy 27.52%

My sons HP laptop running windows 8 is infected. we get an unbearable amount of popups when trying to browse the internet. Many of the pop ups are offering me other spyware removal tools. It is really slowing down the computer speed. Please help

Stacy

A:Unrelenting popups when browsing the internet

Welcome stacy... Let's see how it is after these.What browser are you using?Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here....ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.....Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, a... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564098/unrelenting-popups-when-browsing-the-internet/
Relevancy 27.09%

About months ago I had an issue as found here Multiple BSOD and crashes after windows reinstall Long story short one of the channels on my MOBO browsing 0x0000001e BSOD, general KMODE_EXECPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused for my RAM slots seems it is broken so when I use either of those ports I can get a risk of BSOD So I then stopped using those slots and only used the other For the last months my pc has BSOD, general browsing caused KMODE_EXECPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e worked fine and been great But days I updated norton and yesterday I updated to the new GeForce drivers Today I booted my computer BSOD, general browsing caused KMODE_EXECPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e and got a BSOD about mins after turning it back on It was a KMODE EXECPTION NOT HANDLED x e in ntoskrnl exe dump attached its the most recent one which is st sept I have reverted the graphics driver and it hasnt crashed for the last few minutes how ever I am concerned about this BSOD Can any one offer some advice or was it just a freak crash

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380202-bsod-general-browsing-caused-kmode_execption_not_handled-0x0000001e.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi Team,

Interner Explorer unfortunately, has not been able to save History information yesterday.. I am looking for an important web page and cannot retrieve it now. Need your assistance, can you please help me on this.

Thank you,
Sushmita

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dd9b1469-900d-45c4-9d92-516864764faa/need-to-retrive-browsing-data?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 27.95%

My pc has gradually become slower and slower in the browsing department, it's the same on firefox and chrome, the pc plays COD games no problem , and when I check the resources there's only %30 of ram in use and the processor use is in single figures. When I try to browse each click takes about 20 seconds before the new screen appears. When I do a speedtest it shows 30 mb, my other pc also connected to same wifi works fine
intel core TM2 , quad cpu 2.5 ghz , 4 g ram 64 bit

thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/380370-browsing-very-slow-laggy.html
Relevancy 28.38%

My computer freezes while browsing the internet only. The computer works fine any other time. It freezes in Chrome and firefox. I have ran Malware-byts. I run Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit.

A:PC freeze while browsing

Try removing flash player and see if that might help. Sometimes flash can cause bugs to occur and therefor cause your web browser to freeze/crash. After doing so attempt to reinstall a clean version of flash and update your computer to the most current updates it has available.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589061/pc-freeze-while-browsing/
Relevancy 27.52%

Whenever I browse the internet, through Firefox or IE, the browser eventually freezes. This happens about every 10 minutes. After the browser freezes it spreads to the rest of the system. The keyboard and mouse eventually stop responding and a hard reset becomes necessary. I've seen many people have this same problem, including people on technet, but never a solution. Is there a solution to this problem? Does anyone know what the problem is? Specs: Dell XPS 400 Radeon x300 se Intel Pro/1000 PL Network Connection Intel Pentium D CPU 2.8 GHz

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0e22526-f63c-4ee9-9662-a910de1bc3cc/windows-7-freeze-while-browsing-internet?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello,
Yesterday I upgraded from IE 9 to IE 10 on Win7 32-bit.  Today I noticed if I am in the GUI of any of our Sonicwall Firewalls, and I mouse over an item and a popup comes up, IE freezes.  In about 15 seconds at the bottom of the page I get the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
is not responding - Recover webpage.  I select Recover and I get back to the page.  I can navigate fine until my mouse goes over a comment ballon or statics ballon.  Then it freezes.
This is really annoying.  Never had this problem with IE 9.  I am hoping it is a setting I can adjust in IE 10.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

DDaleS

A:In IE 10 - Browsing my Sonicwall, ballon popups freezes the browser - have to recover page

The solution is don't use IE 10.  Firefox works great.
DDaleS

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/76ee4983-8b7e-4de0-9c43-a17d74ff0f78/in-ie-10-browsing-my-sonicwall-ballon-popups-freezes-the-browser-have-to-recover-page?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there So for the past week all of a sudden my internet has gone slow So i checked on speedtest net what my speed was and its fine mbps Like going onto websites that have a lot of images scripts takes FOREVER to download as towards bottom of browser a little browsing fast, ? speedtest slow extremely Internet but bar says quot waiting for cache extension quot etc BUT going on simple page like Google works OK still not as fast as it used to be P S Family members using the internet on their laptops is fine just for me it isn't I have been checking around other issues and doing MANY things to figure it out and now getting the hint that it may be to Internet speedtest fast, but browsing extremely slow ? do with my DNS settings or something no idea about things like this here are any details that might help any of you to understand more as well as a list of what I've been doing I use Google ChromeComputer is Windows VistaI have cleared all cache history data still not helpingMy IPv are Internet speedtest fast, but browsing extremely slow ? both on automaticChanging it to manual and typing in IP addresses found on other forums still do not workI did do a ping test and I got this Unable to test packet loss I also downloaded 'Connectivity diagnostic' from Google extensions and did a test Internet speedtest fast, but browsing extremely slow ? this came back DNS resolution took longer than averageDisabled my AVG AntiVirus but still doesn't workOpened cmd exe and typed ipconfig this is the connection settings which is the main thing that counts i think Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp Link-local IPv Address fe d db ed nbsp nbsp IPv Address nbsp nbsp Subnet Mask nbsp nbsp Default Gateway I cant remember what else I have done but done many things and all did not work Anyone know what my problem is Would be great if you could help Thankyou

A:Internet speedtest fast, but browsing extremely slow ?

Hi, yes I had tried that before, but it still doesn't work - However, I just started my computer in 'safe mode with networking' and my internet seemed to load fine, as well as other websites ?? But it still does not work, when I start it normally

So I uninstalled AVG completely. and downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials. I thereby unchecked everything from the start up tab, restarted computer- and STILL internet doesn't work 0_0

As well as disabling all Startup items in msconfig, you should in addition try disabling all non-Microsoft services by selecting the "Services" tab and checking the "Hide all Microsoft services" checkbox then unchecking all remaining services
above. Reboot and check your connection. If you see improvement start re-enabling services abd start-up items in between reboots until you find the problem. See Vista section and "How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot"
section in:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If no improvement is seen with all non-Microsoft services and all startup items disabled, check system files by entering "sfc /scannow" in an elevated command prompt (right click Command prompt shortcut and select "Run as Administrator").

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fe7e5605-21cd-478b-8d26-6b2bbce632d0/internet-speedtest-fast-but-browsing-extremely-slow-?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 27.09%

A fake popup warning appeared while I was browsing something on IE. I forgot it's best to close Internet Explorer completely from the task manager when something like this happens so I closed it using the X window button and it appeared again a few more times until it closed. Malwarebytes blocked several websites when it opened and while I was trying to close it. If Malwarebytes and Windows Defender (MSE in Windows 8) scans don't find anything, is everything fine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/381474-fake-warning-popup-while-browsing-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 27.52%

hello I cant find similiar thread So Im having random Bsods sience about weeks and crasches from long time mostly plugin-container Battlefield exe mozilla flashplayer vlc etc but now get much worse Bsod during cleaning registry in ccleaner few rebots later bsod during sfc snannow together over bsods and I dont want kill my pc have no idea how to deal wih it I know well my rig OCed many times from day one temps extremely low oced to x Ghz cpu max playing BSODs web anytime. browsing, BF4, degree after h playing BF on ultra gpu and everything else steady degree Tried deffault bios settings and on stock clocks still same random bsods Tried fresh win and some pro installs all update and optional updates and witchout optional BSODs playing BF4, web browsing, anytime. and no difference Looks like Hdd dying loads of plugin pagefile crasches kernel driver crasches ntfs chckdisk Bsods maybe old mobo maybe Psu or ram no idea Pls any ideas can somone check it out this OVERKILL-Fri rar

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381653-bsods-playing-bf4-web-browsing-anytime.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello hopefully somebody of you wonderful people can help me.

I had two BSODs today once while browsing and once while playing League of Legends.

It stated DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

------------------------
Now I would love to know what drivers are causing the problem. I read up a bit and from what I learned some driver tries to access some invalid address or sth, please correct me if I'm wrong.
------------------------

I am mainly concerned about the dmp files from 27.09.15 and 28.09.15

Thanks for whoever takes the time to help me <3

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382342-bsod-playing-league-legends-browsing.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Recently whenever I keep my browser open for a while - the whole screen freezes for 3 seconds and I BSOD with the message "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" and with the error code 0x000007A.
It started a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying to fix it since. I did some digging and found out the problem was with the file "ntoskrnl.exe". Does anybody have any idea what to do now to fix it? Thank you in advance.

A:KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR BSOD 0x0007A randomly occuring while browsing

Hi Krabkebab,

Welcome to the 7forums.

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382736-kernel_data_inpage_error-bsod-0x0007a-randomly-occuring-while-browsing.html