Windows Support Forum

What browser to use!!!!

Q: What browser to use!!!!

Hi,i have just switched to google chrome from firefox because i am fed up with broken add ons due to fast updates,but i am having problems with chrome,often when i click the back button it does not work.I have been on chrome forum and its a common issue.I i dont like ie 9 because it always crashes.All these problem spoil the enjoyment of web browsing.so what browser do i use now,i just want a problem free browsing experience,but this seems like its not to be.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What browser to use!!!!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: What browser to use!!!!

Hmm... I've been using Chrome for a year or two now and I'm not having any problems. I use it on both my 32 and 64-bit W7 systems as well as my XP box. The only issue I have is with one of my bank sites not being compatible with Chrome. If it weren't for that I'd stay with only Chrome. I occasionally go play with the other browsers to see if there's anything that draws me away but I'm always drawn back to the simple and FAST front-end that Chrome presents.

However ... the next best one that I've seen is Firefox. It's a superior browser. Give it a look.

You will run into many opinions on this. It's the same deal as programmers and their editors... it becomes very religious!

-Max

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/181875-what-browser-use.html
Relevancy 19.78%

So about a few weeks ago (not exactly sure when it started) my computer stopped allowing me to access certain websites. It started out with only a few, but now it is almost 50-80% not connecting. I do not think it is a problem with my browser. I typically use Firefox, but IE will connect to the same ones Firefox allows, and will also not connect to the same websites Firefox will not allow.

I have searched these forums for a couple of hours now and nothing seems to fit my exact problem, and I am hesitant to use the solutions from other forums because it might further hurt my system. I am not tech-savvy/computer literate to say the least, and I would need a thorough walk-through on how to diagnose the problem, as well as how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Unable to connect to most websites -- not a browser problem

How are you not allowed to view the website? Does the page show "The page cannot be displayed"? or you are not authorized or something else?

Try running cmd.exe, type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-most-websites-not-a-browser-problem.177710/
Relevancy 20.21%

About two days ago I started getting popping and crackling noises from my laptop speakers while playing any kind of in-browser video. It's not a hardware thing, because anything run outside the browser (CDs, iTunes, VLC, DVDs, etc.) sounds just fine. Tested in both Firefox and Safari, both have the popping/crackling problem, so it's not something with one browser.

I have tech support for this computer (Dell business model, Latitude E6500 w/XP), they tried updating sound card drivers, updating BIOS and uninstalling and reinstalling sound card. The last thing actually fixed it, until I started up my PC tonight, now the problem is back again. Anyone have suggestions for me? I really, really don't want to do a restore, because I've just spent the last four hours installing a game that I would then lose. If that's the only option, though...

Don't seem to have any issues with connectivity, or lag that I can detect.

A:Speaker noise only in browser

Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player, in-browser video's use Adobe Flash player and since it is browser only related this may indicate there's an issue with Flash/the codecs for flash.. Just do a reinstall, post back with if it worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speaker-noise-only-in-browser.181860/
Relevancy 19.78%

Greetings Let me start by saying that what I am about to describe is NOT a malware virus problem It does involve a browser being redirected to the wrong website but we have checked repeatedly and to the best of our abilities we have ruled out malware or viruses Windows desktop Internet access is through ethernet wired redirect browser/website a -- challenge/mystery Got through a router that also provides wireless access to other devices in the house What we have is a single computer in the house out of desktops laptop and tablet that cannot reach a single specific website an SMF forum using Internet Explorer or Chrome It CAN get there using the AOL browser What happens with Got a challenge/mystery -- browser/website redirect IE and Chrome is that the browsers are redirected to another non-malicious as far as we can tell website that resides at the same Got a challenge/mystery -- browser/website redirect webhosting service as the website we are trying to reach Tracerts and Pings go to the correct site Other users as in people all over the country can reach the correct site Other computers in the same household go to the correct site using both wired and wireless access This appears to be a very computer-specific problem It does not seem to be an IP problem because the other computers in the house are not encountering it and it is not a website or network problem because no one else is running into the problem Any thoughts The only other piece of information that seems pertinent is that back in July this same computer suddenly could not reach the quot target quot website at all no matter what browser was being used All browsers would stall and time out or give a quot website can not be found quot type of message Tracerts and pings failed completely The tracerts said that the website could not be resolved and never generated even a single hop At the time we consulted a number of people and the only explanation that seemed like it might have merit is that it might have something to do with the MAC address Someone else suggested that it had to do with TCP IP settings We never got it fixed The problem just half-corrected itself about two weeks ago and then went sideways to the current situation What s different between IE amp Chrome versus the AOL browser that could explain this If you have an idea please use dummy talk I m fairly good with computers but networking and IP protocols baffle me Thanks Macgyver nbsp

A:Got a challenge/mystery -- browser/website redirect

Login as a Admin on that system.
Get a command prompt and enter these two commands:
ipconfig /flushdns​net stop "dns client"​quit the browser and restart it. Now access a good site (aka this one) and then a site you are having issues with.

What's the results?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-challenge-mystery-browser-website-redirect.198437/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi there!

Straight to the point:

Tablet specifications:
- Manta Tablet PowerTab 10" HD MID1001
- CPU - Cortex A-8 1.5GHz
- GPU - Mali-400
- 3D OPEN GL V2.0
- Ram 1GB
- Android ver. 4.0.4
- compile number - crane_axmid-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120803 test-keys
- kernel 3.0.8+ [email protected] #52

Problem:
- slow page load (if any!) - tested on default browser, chrome, opera, opera mini, etc etc
- no reaction for stopping loading pages

Thoughts:
- not a router problem (802.11n WPA2/AES)
- other android devices working well on that hotspot
- Google Play working well on tablet, no lags, no interference (same other online soft - skype etc)
- tried system restore, default settings, changing router settings

Techspot is my last hope. Help me!

A:Slow browser failing to load pages on tablet

Download a terminal emulator, do some pings.

Check the advanced setting for the Wifi, there may be some weird DNS entries or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-browser-failing-to-load-pages-on-tablet.188781/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I recently bought a blackberry phone (at&t) and unlocked it in jamaica (to use all networks) but even with my plan on it says "your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book"
and that I'm to check with my service provider to enable the browser.
Digicel (service provider) has sent this over 15 times and still no success I cant get on to the browser at all to select options or got o or so forth.

It's a bold 9000 and I've checked the time, did battery pulls, wipe the phone, update the OS to version 5 and still no success.

I can use BBM on my plan and check emails so the plan works and opera mini works on wifi but not on plan, the browser doesn't work at all.

A:Blackberry browser won't work

Remove and re-install the battery. Or restore the Blackberry to factory settings if you can

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blackberry-browser-wont-work.186700/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently installed Sound Forge Pro 10 onto my computer that uses Realtek HD Audio.

In its Options I can select - Microsoft Sound Mapper, Direct Sound Surround Mapper, Windows Classic Wave Driver and ASIO4ALL V2.

From the Realtek Manager I can select and record from - Microphone, Line In and Aux but there is no way I can select the output directly from the sound card. e.g. what is playing on my web browser. There is only silence.

Am I missing something or is this not possible with Realtek HD Audio Manager?

A:Realtek HD Audio not recording sound from browser

I think you are referring to the 'Stereo Mix' audio device.

Try this:

Control Panel > Sound
go to the 'Recording' tab
Where it lists the recording devices, right click in an open area and make sure that "show disabled devices" is checked, and see if Stereo Mix pops up.

If it does, then right-click > Enable, and select that as device to record from.
If it does NOT, I'm both surprised and sorry to say that I can't help you with that.

Note: Stereo mix is the COMPLETE output of your computer, so that includes things like Skype, beeps, pings, Media Player and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-not-recording-sound-from-browser.169357/
Relevancy 20.21%

i recieved the installation messages for my phone from the service providers for the mobile web setup upon installtion my phone constantly restarts upon trying to enter the browser, tried every thing reset all that plzz help...
its a samsung t239..
thanks.

A:Browser restarts phone

Take the phone back to your service provider and have them take a look at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-restarts-phone.164474/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi - I hope someone can fill me in one this puzzle - my father's computer will play an audio file that is on the hard drive, such as wma file, but will not play other sounds:

will not play system sounds
will not play audio over the internet - I have tried both MS Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

Soundcard is SoundMAX integrated digital audio, in an asus mb. Comp has been working fine for onver a year.

In "System," "Audio codecs" says "this device is working properly."

Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-via-web-browser-files-play-ok-on-hard-drive.146287/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi guys Netbook Acer AspireOne Router Trendnet TEW- BRP I was hoping someone could help me I ve recently got the internet in our apartment and are having problems connecting to the router Firstly there is no problems connecting with an ethernet cable Secondly I ve connected two other laptops wirelessly by changing the TCP IP from automatic to can't but Internet access connection, wireless browser Excellent in ip address subnet mask Default gateway Thirdly i can connect to every other wireless i ve come accross My netbook now shows -signal strength excellent -status connected However I am unable to connect to the internet Some other problems of interest is - it times out when I try to ping - I cannot acces my router by typing into my browser - And the wireless DHCP is not enabled I have tried factory resetting my router re loaded the software for it But to no Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser avail I ve attached Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser my ipconfig all If anyone could shed light on this I would really appreciate it Thanks Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser nbsp

A:Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser

i'm not sure but this is what i would try:

Make sure wireless is turned on, on the laptop as some have a switch specifically for that.
Make sure that you do not have a third part wireless network connection program running.
From start, settings, click network connections. right click you're wireless connection and select properties, click the wireless networks tab, make sure the box is checked where it says "use windows to configure...". then below that click and remove all the preferred networks that are there. then click okay and attempt to reconnect to the network via searching for available networks and double clicking your desired network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excellent-wireless-connection-but-cant-access-internet-in-browser.135239/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I have a ThinkCentre A XP Pro SP with SoundMAX Digital Audio Playing music on the PC with browser videos not Digital working SoundMAX Audio seems to work fine but when we like go to play a video from a website there is no sound As far as I know the driver is up SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos to date at least windows update doesn t tell me to update it Driver version date I have Windows IE ANyone have any ideas how to figure out whats wrong Also fwiw I noticed that I tell XP to put my volume icon in the taskbar but it doesn t show up there at all And I just noticed when I shut down and start up the PC I don t hear the windows tunes that usually play Just fogured out I can t play SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos midi files in control panel sounds and audio audio tab midi music playback there is no device listed whereas SoundMAX Digital Audio shows in the rest SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos The only selection for midi playback is Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth but even I deslect only use default devices and select that MS one when I go back in the settings are back where they started nbsp

A:SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos

Make sure you have the latest versions of Adobe Flash player and Sun's Java installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-digital-audio-not-working-with-browser-videos.133827/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've tried entering the ip, I get to the password, I have the computer name right, but I can't get the password to work. The password is stored on all the computers, but I don't know how to access it. Not going to just reset the password because then I'll probably have to redo the router settings. The same password that worked for Wii and 360 does not work on the computers. In the connection properties, the password is only displayed as 8 symbols, which is less than the password that worked normally.

A:Cannot access router through browser

Sorry but you will have to reset the router to its default settings. Write down your passwords and store them in a drawer from now on. Rerun the routers setup software. It is not that difficult to do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-router-through-browser.129242/
Relevancy 20.21%

About 10 mins ago, looking at web pages, etc everything was moving really slow, like a sluggish feeling. But after playing a game for about 5 mins, i exit the game and back online again and everything is moving fast.

So what was causing the sluggish?

A:Sluggish in web browser

Other than being a problem with your ISP, the slowness could be caused by other programs running in the background or you have too many things loaded in your startup folder. Is your computer free of viruses and other malware? Do you keep current with all the MS updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sluggish-in-web-browser.127629/
Relevancy 20.21%

i use mozilla firefox and every couple of minutes lately its been exiting out and i dont know how to fix it.

A:Firefox browser exits out

save your bookmarks, uninstall Firefox, download the latest version and install it... That should fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-browser-exits-out.127261/
Relevancy 20.21%

hallo

my office network 20 winxpsp2 and windows 2003 server , all are running in work group . last few days my network is not running properly.the computer browser service suddenly stoped after that workgroup is not accessble.when i start the service manualy then it works for some time.i scan with all antivirus and spyware.but there is no use.please give solution

adv . thanks

A:Computer browser problem

Hi,

So the computer browser service on your 2003 server is the one giving you problems? When you go to it is it disabled, automatic or manual?

Thanks,

Adrian

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-browser-problem.126726/
Relevancy 19.78%

Can anyone suggest a browser upgrade for an older IPAQ H2200?
It is running Windows CE.
Some sites are not showing up, I believe it's because of the older browser version.

Thanks

A:Older IPAQ H2200 needs browser upgrade

This may help:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=100773&prodSeriesId=322908&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2008

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/older-ipaq-h2200-needs-browser-upgrade.125693/
Relevancy 20.21%

This is one of those too many irons in the fire stories. I switch from DSL to Clearwire. In addition I brought another computer up. All the computers are running Windows 2000 Pro. Getting the Clearwire WiFi up was no problem. Getting all the computers to see each other in a workgroup is. The problem is "The server list for the workgroup is not available". I can work around that by either putting in the IP addresses for the Zoom ADSL X5 switch/router, or unplugging the patch cables and plugging them back in, and all the computers will see each other. Then I can't get to the web with any of the computers. My thought is since I'm not using the DSL on the switch. I need another switch with a dedicated port for the WiFi modem. Any recommendation?

Thanks,
Larry

A:Win2K browser service and Wi-Fi

First, be sure every system can ping ALL of the others using the IP-addresses; this proves TCP to be running correctly.

Second, make sure each system is using the same gateway address;
get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all
​If this is correct, then each should be able to ping www . google . com and the browsers should work

Next, make sure all systems are using the same WORKGROUP name

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win2k-browser-service-and-wi-fi.121208/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello everyone.
My sisters got a problem with her laptop, which is that it can't connect to the browsers.
It can find wireless networks just fine, it can log on MSN just fine also. It can also download updates from the Windows Update utility.
However, it can't connect to the browsers. Both IE7 and Firefox.
No, it's not set to "Work Offline." No, it's not using a proxy server, if I go to IE7 settings.
I also checked for spyware, there was nothing.
The problem seemed to occure just suddenly.. weird yeah.
It's an Acer Aspire 5310, using Vista Basic 32 bit.
The wireless netcard is an Atheros AR5007EG.

Thanks in forward,
- Fred

A:Problem with internet browser

No, there's also no firewall blocking it.
Checked windows firewall. The laptop also had Norton Internet Security installed (Doh), I uninstalled the pest as quick as I saw it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-internet-browser.115852/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have successfully set up a home network using a crossover cable between two XP SP computers i have successfully set up and used file and printer sharing and played LAN games mainly counter strike anywho i am now Setting Browser a (Firefox) Up for ICS trying to set up ICS so that i can surf the internet on my second computer I have had absolutely no success with the windows network setup wizard and i have therefore decided to setup everything manually for peace of mind Setting Up a Browser (Firefox) for ICS I have a PC which connects directly to the internet with LAN IP and subnet In this computer i have checked the box to enable the dialup connection to be shared with other computers on the network My client to connect to the internet through the server is set to IP and has the same subnet I have set the Default gateway and preferred DNS server on the client to this being the IP of the host computer I have read in other threads that this is guaranteed to make ICS work however i am yet to set up my browser to handle the ICS because without this there can be no surfing I have other proxies For school WLAN in Internet explorer so i am setting up the ICS in Mozilla Firefox I have looked at the proxy settings in the browser and i am frankly quite baffled Can someone please tell me how to set up proxy for LAN in this browser Thanks LMoore nbsp

A:Setting Up a Browser (Firefox) for ICS

Forget that, after setting up all settings and checking them and checking them, and setting the browser to Auto-Detect Proxy, the ICS is working fine.

:slurp:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-browser-firefox-for-ics.22527/
Relevancy 19.78%

I ve been working on this problem for a while I know it comes and goes and even being expert as you can always have some issues you just can t for the life of you figure out the cause is Yes the quick way is to backup and blow out the OS and re-install a fresh copy Or use image backups that worked prior to the problem Service Pack is out suppose to with Master Browser Workgroups Problem fix these problems but just can t have that SP on one box and not on the other systems I fall into this problem where I can t run SP on all boxes due to the third party software drivers problems That would really screw-up my network here I could Master Browser Problem with Workgroups bring all workgroup systems into a domain and run active directory Another program is Network Magic but that s kind of flaky to use and not always reliable to use or count on Still just want to keep this as it is I just got to my devices on the network wired desktops XP SP MCE wireless laptops XP SP MCE and Pro Mix wired wireless media players network devices active two additonal desktop are down at the moment one server another one would make it total in desktops Problem number The Network Places Can t View Worksgroups Can t View shared Folders Can t View Worksgroups Enabling NetBios over TCP IP and adding Router IP to Mertic did works for a few years down but doesn t do it like prior Making all desktops and laptop to use static IP instead of the DHCP does work but still not reliable Fix-Forced Can t View shared Folders I can now view shared folders by ip address open the shares on those network pcs and copy and drag the shareds to My Network Places under Internet That works I ve created a Flush-Fix cmd which runs and clears out and fixes socket and any tweaks made by third-party software But that still doesn t fix the problem I did once twice but not the third time Disabling firewalls doesn t do it either Running the Guest account nope I usually disable the guest account I also force the systems to connect using Classic Mode All system also login with the same name and password also it s an admin Now making one PC as the Master Browser HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Browser Parameters MaintainServerList Auto default choices are Auto Yes No IsDomainMaster FALSE default choices are True and False So what I did was create NoMasterBrowser reg Set it to MaintainServerList No IsDomainMaster FALSE Then I ran this on all PCs except the one that will be the Master Browser I also did notice that Computer Browser service fails to load on all network pcs But now since I ve made one the Master browser the Computer Service loads again If you got any ideas or methods do join in I ll post my results as it happens nbsp

A:Master Browser Problem with Workgroups

Forgot to mention I am testing with:

BROWSTAT STATUS
BROWSTAT WFW workgroup name

This is a free network ultity from MS Browstat.exe I place that into C:\Windows and run it from cmd prompt under Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/master-browser-problem-with-workgroups.101242/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all I got weird problem One day both of my browser IE and Firefox can t reach internet I am using winXP Other computer connected to the same router works just fine I can t even go to my router login page with that computer IE said address not valid while firefox displays some error that I don t understand I can ping the router I can ping other computer in network I can share files to not Browser can internet reach from other computer my network can see this computer Browser can not reach internet and this computer can see other network just fine I even can ping www dot yahoo dot com sorry I am not allowed to post links yet my first post which proves nothing is really wrong and that it should see internet just fine Try to change port in the router but same thing happen Internet just crawl and sometime does not work at all I have run anti spyware and anti rootkit both say negative I also run antivirus and it seems OK Antivirus update seems run just fine It just weird that it happen to both browser at the same time Any idea Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Browser can not reach internet

Solved, sorry all, I tried HideIP platinum and when I uninstalled, it leave proxy address on both firefox and IE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-can-not-reach-internet.98303/
Relevancy 20.21%

I ned to find out whether it is my CPU, another component, or HDD ???

When I bring up a browser, IE6, Firefox, Flock, my system becomes quite unresponsive, with CPU Uage History staying at 100% for quite a while, while I do nothing. If I type something within a browser, it stops for a while after 8-10 characters, then brings out the rest in spurts.
This started a few weeks ago with Firefox2. Then I downloaded Flock and it worked fine for a while, as did IE6. Since last week, all browsers have the same problem

My system is a Dell 4100, PentiumIII, 1 GHz, 512 memory, lots of HDD space.

I have no problems with Eudora (E-mail) or any other appllcations. E-mail still works., as does typing and send/receive.

Any diagnostics would be welcome. E-mail me to [email protected], since I have problems using my browsers.

Thanks for any help.
gunste24

A:System not responding while using a browser

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`d like to run a quick check for malware.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.
Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-not-responding-while-using-a-browser.89044/
Relevancy 19.78%

My laptop is connected to the internet and programs like AIM work, but neither Mozilla or IE will pull up a webpage. I have Symantec Anti-virus because my school requires it. But my desktop works fine at school, its just my laptop.

A:connected to internet but browser doesnt work

Hello, 20legend, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, if you're having this problem at home, try restarting your router by unplugging it form the mains, waiting about 10 seconds then plugging it in again. Make sure the settings are saved first though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-internet-but-browser-doesnt-work.89994/
Relevancy 19.78%

Anyone else run into this issue?

We have 4 seperate computers running on a wireless network here at work. Recently we started having an issue where we can access the internet through email, but we can't pull the internet up via a web browser (IE). We end up having to click on the "repair" connection button for windows wireless over and over and over until it actully allows us to access the internet via the browser.

Have you experienced this? What is it all about?

A:Have email access...but can't pull internet up on browser

Hello, Mudshack, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try restarting the router by unplugging it, waiting about 10 seconds then plugging it in again. Make sure that the settings are saved on it though otherwise you'll have to put them all in again.

P.s. this should be in Storage & Networking forum really but i expect a mod will move it for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-email-access-but-cant-pull-internet-up-on-browser.89971/
Relevancy 19.78%

This one is giving me grief On my network I have systems Prime amp Cube Cube connects direct to the router Prime we have a geography problem through a COM switch If I connect Cube to the router I get this in the event viewer see att There is no network traffic and attempts to find the other system show nothing and often lock up explorer Both systems running XP Pro SPII and up to date on updates Both systems run F-Secure internet security although disabling it does not make any difference All NICs set to get MRxSmb error Browser Master TCPIP = & IP addresses automatically A WAN ping works but not on the LAN This only effects the LAN - access to the internet is not affected Reference to the MS site shows nothing and I find that MRxSmb is supposed to be a file storing network data Searching the system for it shows it doesn t change with each reboot so maybe that isn t correct Anybody any ideas what is going on here nbsp

A:Master Browser & TCPIP error = MRxSmb

you net looks like this?

Code:

modem--router---Cube
+
+-----switch---Prime

As long as Cube and the switch are both on LAN ports of the router, this is fine.
(I too have this setup).

The Master Browser event is typical and not catastrophic. Heck, everytime my
wife's Mac comes on line I see this without any ill effects.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/master-browser-tcpip-error-mrxsmb.85212/
Relevancy 19.78%

when i was in add or remove programs i had unistalled one of the firefox updates and when i try to click on the icon the browser wouldn't come up. I restored my computer but the browser still wont come up.

A:My default web browser doesnt work

uninstall firefox shut down, restart the computer, then reinstall firefox. the updates will come with time then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-default-web-browser-doesnt-work.82895/
Relevancy 20.21%

i have downloaded a rm format video. when i try to fastforward it, it ALWAY pop up some random website which contains trojen. is there any way to disble the popup? if i play the video without any fastforwarding, there is no problem. but the video is 2 hours long...so..quite annoying

thanks for help in advance!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realmedia-browser.78010/
Relevancy 19.78%

My sound in my internet browser isnt working. I dont know what to do. I have firefox with IE tab, and i mainly do youtube and google video. I dont know much computer language, so if, by any stretch, you could give me easy to follow step by step instructions, it would be greatly appreciated. (although any help would be nice )

A:Sound wont work in my internet browser

Well is your sound working otherwise ? Can you play a mp3,

Chances are your using onboard audio device, which means youll need to download the latest motherboard drivers for your chipset, This will include the sound driver,,,,

When you go to audio devices in control panel, what does it say ? help us help u

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-wont-work-in-my-internet-browser.69852/
Relevancy 20.21%

On some websites I can see images perfectly fine and on some they are not showing up at all then if i close down my comp and start it up again they appear I reformatted my comp thinking something was wrong but its still happening worse than b Is there any way I can solve the problem I don t know what s wrong so I have no idea where to begin trying to find a solution oh and by the way I ve tried emptying out my cache serval times and still no luck And another thing sorry I keep forgettin stuff cause i m frustrated IE Browser (with images) problems I m running winxp ie incase u wanna know It was working fine till a week ago and then i got a virus a downloader virus apparently and that s when the problems started but i reformatted completely today and the problem is still there with my IE I have no firewall installed on my comp either nbsp

A:IE Browser problems (with images)

When you formated did you do a quick format or a full one, because a quick one wont get rid of viruses only a full one will do that, and second GET A FIREWALL INSTALLED, Zonealarm is a good one and the basic version is free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie-browser-problems-with-images.56363/
Relevancy 19.35%

I just recently purchased Logitech X-530 5.1 surround sound speakers, and can now utilize my SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 card. It sounds great with games and CD's, but only if my browser is off. Online radio has loud 'fart' buzzing sounds, and if I browse with a CD playing, the same sound comes out every few minutes. Is this a Browser conflict?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundblasterlive-5-1-and-logitech-speakers-conflicting-with-browser-and-flash-media.39309/
Relevancy 19.78%

So this has been frustrating me for days Recently moved to new apartment and got comcast cable cause it s the only isp that provides for this complex Since then all of my internet browsers have been running extremely slow and with some sites not at all For example I have never been able to go to penny-arcade com since I moved it just doesn t load Other pages load halfway but some work just fine I did all the usual internet option setting changes enabling cookies deleting internet files restoring all defaults etc but that didn t help I m pretty sure it s not my router because I took my computer over to a reliable connection that I know works and the same stuff happened Did a defrag scan disk system restore got spyware doctor and McAfee anti-virus but nothing helps I checked my mobo s site and they don t have any drivers that relate to anything like this Also my aol instant messanger works fine when I have no browsers open but when I open any browser IE Mozilla Opera it disconnects and reconnects so much that messaging doesn t work at all Called comcast a few times and they don t know Any ideas that Browser issue? trouble. Connectivity don t involve reinstalling XP last resort would be appreciated Two more peices of info online games work fine never any loss of connection This is just a browser issue Anddd I can t access my router Arris TM P through my IP cause that page also doesn t load nbsp

A:Browser trouble. Connectivity issue?

I get the feeling its probably a DNS issue.

You can try setting your DNS servers manually.
I often use Verizon's core DNS servers myself, here are the IPs

The best way to check for a dns issue, is to open a command window (Start menu -> Run -> cmd <enter>)
Then try pinging a domain name.
ping www.penny-arcade.com

If you get a message saying unknown host, then your DNS isn't working properly or you typed the domain name wrong.

If you get an IP address and replies, then your DNS is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-trouble-connectivity-issue.39044/
Relevancy 20.21%

Yesterday our company network (file sharing) went down. We have been trying to find the problem since then and have gotten to the point of checking each computer to see which one is the master browser. The problem seems to be that none of them are. Any thoughts on a corrective action to get the master browser election process going again would be great, thanks.

Jesse

A:our network has no master browser

see
Microsoft Comments

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/our-network-has-no-master-browser.30925/
Relevancy 19.35%

I recently upgraded to the latest driver for my IBM T laptop s ATI Radeon video card to the latest version specific IBM driver Shortly after Browser 9000 blurred pictures ATI Mobility Radeon - all pictures loaded in my browser IE with all latest patches Browser pictures blurred - ATI Radeon 9000 Mobility appeared blurred pixelized Tried to change all sort of settings revert to previous driver reinstall but nothing improved Then thought it may be a virus have Symantec anti-virus Browser pictures blurred - ATI Radeon 9000 Mobility amp firewall and did find a Trojan fvp dll which I removed The system was then clean but still couldn t improve the situation Tried installing Firefox but same problem in that browser I don t think it s a video card issue however as if I browse for pictures in the Windows Explorer they display correctly I can even do quot Open with quot - Internet Explorer on a file and the image displays correctly in IE but when I do this the system then becomes very slow instable Any ideas - please help nbsp

A:Browser pictures blurred - ATI Radeon 9000 Mobility

gvaman said:

I recently upgraded to the latest driver for my IBM T41 laptop's ATI Radeon 9000 video card to the latest version (specific IBM driver). Shortly after, all pictures loaded in my browser (IE 6 with all latest patches) appeared blurred/pixelized. Tried to change all sort of settings, revert to previous driver, reinstall, but nothing improved.

Then thought it may be a virus (have Symantec anti-virus & firewall) and did find a Trojan (fvp.dll) which I removed. The system was then clean, but still couldn't improve the situation. Tried installing Firefox, but same problem in that browser.

I don't think it's a video card issue however, as if I browse for pictures in the Windows Explorer, they display correctly. I can even do "Open with" - Internet Explorer on a file and the image displays correctly in IE (but when I do this, the system then becomes very slow/instable).

Any ideas - please help !!!Click to expand...

So to clarify, this is an IE problem with pictures, not a general graininess problem, right? A thought is to try and install the latest AOL browser beta because it flushes out a bunch of settings that IE6 makes. Or, you could just use Firefox and forget that IE exists....

http://www.uglyorangetruck.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-pictures-blurred-ati-radeon-9000-mobility.30963/
Relevancy 19.35%

My browser wont load pictures anymore. My computer is less than 2 years old, I got a top-of the line graphics card last month and it worked fine, but now I cant see any graphics online. But I can see pictures in games and word documents. I use Mozzila. Any Ideas ?

A:I can no longer view pictures on my browser, they just wont load & I useMozilla.

im just testing this out to see if it works..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-no-longer-view-pictures-on-my-browser-they-just-wont-load-i-usemozilla.22239/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi

Win2K Pro.

I'm using a Nokia M1122 router to provide access from my local subnet to the internet.

I can ping each node on my subnet and the router and I can ping outside the subnet ie beyond the router.

Using either IE or Mozilla I can connect to the router admin page, but nothing beyond it.

That is - I can ping beyond my router, but can't access any URL beyond my router using a browser.

What are the next things I can test?

Mark

A:can't use browser beyond subnet

You need to set up the WAN part of your router, with the IP-address and DNS-servers your ISP has given you.
In the LAN part of your router you either activate DHCP to give local IP-addresses to your clients (PC's) and set your PC's to automatically obtain IP and DNS (in your network-settings), or
you disable DHCP and use the fixed IP-addresses of your current setup.

If you need more info, tell us how your network is currently set up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-browser-beyond-subnet.9190/
Relevancy 19.78%

I installed Slim Browser on my Windows 7 64 bit. Every time I try to open it, I get this nessage "Invalid Windows Handle returned from CreateNewSite". What do I do?

A:Slim Browser: Windows handle issue

A "Handle" is a software pointer used to access a "resource", ... things like a tcp socket or a file descriptor created by opening(filename).

bottom line is ::

look for an update to the program
uninstall, download another version from elsewhere and reinstall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slim-browser-windows-handle-issue.209044/
Relevancy 19.78%

Modern browsers can add all sorts of functionality beyond their stock feature set through the use of extensions. From security enhancements, to productivity-centric tools, utilitarian plug-ins for all sorts of niches and more. But while there are a few well-known...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: Your must have browser extensions

AdBlock and HTTPS Everywhere. Everyone knows about AdBlock, but HTTPS Everywhere (or HTTPS Anywhere on Firefox) is a plugin that forces encrypted sessions to websites that support SSL/TLS. Absolutely love it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-your-must-have-browser-extensions.208633/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello.
I used to be an Opera user until I got ultimately fed up with it. So I looked around and came across Yandex and settled with it. Are there other people having experience with it? Yandex barely shows up anywhere on the internet.

Oh and how would it fare in comparission to Firefox? It being Gecko and Yandex being Chromium based was a difference for me in transitioning as Yandex feels familiar and was able to import Opera settigns and Extensions and Speed dial and Bookmarks (srsly Opera whatwere you thinking when you scratched Bookmarks for a long while?! The same with the huge enforced Google search bar above my speed dial probably).

I only do casual browsing. Nothing too complicated or advanced.

A:Experience with Yandex internet browser?

Oh wow apparently Battlelog from Battlefield 3 wont work with it. At least my 10min tries have all failed. EA made the first game that made me search a game's name together with Internet Browser compatibility. Way to go EA way to go *********!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/experience-with-yandex-internet-browser.204272/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have tried this in several different browsers - Opera Firefox Iron Internet Explorer - and it doesn t work in any of them There is a school web site that I need to access but at the top of each of their web pages they have the following line lt script language javascript src http js cgi pca amp r gt lt script gt When I try to access one of their web pages I get a message in Firefox that the web page is waiting for a response from quot quot local machine The line looks to me Need web to on run for port JavaScript different browser a as if the page is trying to access a javascript server on my local machine via Need to run JavaScript on a different port for web browser port If I save the web page and remove the quot quot the page will Need to run JavaScript on a different port for web browser load properly and quickly but I don t get any content from the website - it all loads in from my local machine which isn t helpful I do have Java installed and it works for other web pages but I don t know what port it is Need to run JavaScript on a different port for web browser being accessed at nor how to configure it so that it is listening on port Unfortunately I can t change the way that the website is set up so I can t remove the offending quot quot and if I disable javascript it introduces a whole raft of other problems when trying to access the website Poor design that assumes the bells and whistles are all there and doesn t make any allowances for them not being there Any suggestions as to what I can do Many thanks nbsp

A:Need to run JavaScript on a different port for web browser

you are correct; it is accessing port 1025 on the local loopback ip address.

a) the real Internet website can not be accessed this way and would require a PROXY
on your local PC to make it work. Sometimes an A/V product does this; my Avast! uses
127.0.0.1 for scanning Weblinks and Email.

b) port 1025 should not be open to the Internet;
google 'port 1025' for comments.

you say the school has a page with something like this - - ask the Teacher or the Teacher Assistant.

You might also ensure that you are not using a PROXY by mistake in your browser settingsTools->Options->Click Advanced
Click Network Tab->Settings Button
click No Proxy
Ok
Ok​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-run-javascript-on-a-different-port-for-web-browser.152547/
Relevancy 20.21%

Okay... so I recently (at the recommendation of a friend) installed Opera to try it out.

Well I like the browser just fine so far, but there's one problem: The scrolling feature on my touchpad just DOES NOT WORK at all in Opera.

Why?

So far, the following has been suggested:

Someone said "update the driver."
Well may I ask then: FROM WHERE? WHAT DRIVER UPDATE?
The only driver in existence (which I don't even know where I got it...) is the one I have.
It's an Alps touchpad apparently, and I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

A:No scrolling in Opera browser? Why not?

Though I use Opera, I am not familiar with touchpads. But while awaiting an answer here, you can also try the Opera support forum, which specializes on this rather unjustifiably neglected browser:

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-scrolling-in-opera-browser-why-not.152158/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have having trouble with the Adobe browser plugins (e.g. youtube along with other sites will not load video). It will tell me that the plugin has crashed and here is what I have tried:
Uninstalling the products (flash and shockwave) then reinstalling (several times)
Uninstalling and reinstalling my web browsers (Firefox and Chrome)
Reset IE8

No luck at all

Please help.

A:Adobe browser plugin products

yes, lots of folk (me included) are having trouble with Adobe. two updates in one week, for a start....Adobe have lost just about all the credibility they ever had....like Symantec.

First off, note there is a separate update for Firefox.

Go here http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/ and try some of the options offered. Somewhere or other (can't find it now), I found special instructions for Firefox, with a link to download FP_PL_PFS_INSTALLER.exe which does the job correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adobe-browser-plugin-products.153857/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi

I m finding the best info to remove cache, cookies, addressbar history of browsers like Google Chorme, Firefox 3.6.3, Opera 10.53.

Anyone help me to doing this or any such tool which works perfectly?

Thx in advanced

A:Removing browser history from Chrome, Firefox, Opera

Each of those programs offers a way to do what you wish. Cannot remember where, but you can go to their websites, or just look through all the stuff at the top headers of each program. They are very thorough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-browser-history-from-chrome-firefox-opera.149493/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have Opera Browser now, and I what to move all my bookmarks over to a new browser. How do I do it?

A:Moving bookmarks over to new browser

Depends on what you were using before. For strange reasons, the bookmarks are in hidden locations with most browsers. The easiest thing is to have Opera do it. So that is where I would direct my first request.

Otherwise, you may have to use a free download you can find with a Gurgle search to move them over.
This help often comes at a cost, as there are few good systems that are free... but using a software programs is often a more quick and satisfactory solution that stumbling around doing it yourself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-bookmarks-over-to-new-browser.148735/
Relevancy 19.78%

My default browser is Mozilla Firefox. I was playing with customizing the Outlook toolbar and found that if I use the search icon - BING opens in the MS outlook window and the links stay in the window. However, if I use the browser command, Firefox opened properly. Is there a method of keeping the browser in MS Outlook only ?

A:Browser in Outlook 2007 window

This and other reasons are why I never use these "Toolbar" add-ons - - they just get in the way and cause problems - - IMO

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-in-outlook-2007-window.198941/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've just spent the past 30 plus minutes trying to uninstall my SeaMonkey browser, including using revo but it will not do so.
I went to Programs & Features at first & uninstalled it then did a search deleting everything to do with it & then went to C:/ Program files,found some there & deleted it but nothing has worked. Yes, I even dumped the recycle bin & rebooted.
but its still here.
I seldom ask for help in here about SeaMonkey because I don't think anybody in here uses it. Its a nice relative of the Firefox family.
I'm going to try revo once again. TIA Disregard. I used the advanced part of revo & got it done.
Well, it worked, but I'm still unable to log in to my homepage. I know, kinda ridicules uninstalling a browser because I can't log in. Just a bit confused.

A:UNinstalling a browser

Hi, There is some info about this on their own site, but don't know how well it works. http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/install-and-uninstall
I use Seamonkey browser, and I try most of the Firefox/Gecko engine 'variations' to see what is being done with it. I've use FFx browser since 2.0, and always prefer it to any other, although I do try most others.
Currently trying out Qupzilla, it is webkit based, but has a FFx look, has adblocking & Flash blocking by default, and a speed-dial screen which can be homepage if you like or can open speeddial screen in a new tab. It's simple but does most of what I want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uninstalling-a-browser.197908/
Relevancy 20.21%

Strong evedence shows that Chromium/Chrome is powering the faster and more modern AOL 9.7 software that my Mother is using. Could this be true?

Screenshot

A:Is AOL using Chromium for its AOL 9.7 Browser now?

*evidence

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-aol-using-chromium-for-its-aol-9-7-browser-now.197566/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a laptop it is an HP pavillion the OS is windows vista -bit Lately it has given me issues trying to acces certain web pages in both IE and Firefox The pages I have noticed the problems on are Yahoo games and gamesville all I firefox with web and browser issues) (IE Help want to do is play Euchre online but after loggin in on in internet explorer not sure the version I have either site it redirects me to a page that says quot we were unable to return you to yahoo com quot at the same time the tab at the top says quot this tab has been recovered a problem with this webpage has Help with web browser (IE and firefox issues) caused IE to close and reopen this webpage quot in Firefox it Help with web browser (IE and firefox issues) just closes the browser I dont know why it wont let me access either site to play It access both pages with no problems Help with web browser (IE and firefox issues) on my roomates labtop but hes always playing poker so I can rarely get on there to play Something has to be wrong with my PC I have run Norton Symantic Spybot search and destroy uniblue registry fixer and they all come up clean with the exception of uniblue which always tells me there is an error by the end of every day if i run it weekly multiple errors come up but they always say they are fixed when I click repair I have also tried a few suggestions others made when I google the quot this tab has been recovered quot fix none of them work I have reset my IE settings and still nothing any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks for taking the time to help in advance if you can nbsp

A:Help with web browser (IE and firefox issues)

Delete all the temporary files from your browser's cache. Also please follow these 8 steps process, and post your logs in Virus and Malware Removal Section for review and further advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-web-browser-ie-and-firefox-issues.147692/
Relevancy 20.21%

A few months back I decided to try Safari browser but didn't like it so I went into Programs & Features & uninstalled it, or so I thought.
This past week I thought I'd try it again to see if it was any better & I was surprised to see it was as if I never uninstalled it.
Knowing Safari Browser is an apple browser, I started snooping around on my pc & saw a folder called Apple Software update. Question #1 is it necessary to have that folder & 2ndly is that why I can't completely uninstall Safari?
It doesn't help to do a search for Safari because I have tunes on here with that in the name.
So how do I get rid of the Safari browser?TIA

A:Removing Safari Browser from a W7 pc

Try using Ccleaner to uninstall it. Safari browser and the Apple Software Update are two different things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-safari-browser-from-a-w7-pc.195978/
Relevancy 19.78%

Microsoft officially confirmed Spartan's existence during a media event near the end of January. Since that time, developers and enthusiasts alike have been clamoring to get their hands on the new browser.

Read more

A:Have a look at how Microsoft has integrated Cortana in its Spartan browser

Looks pretty good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-a-look-at-how-microsoft-has-integrated-cortana-in-its-spartan-browser.209391/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a Dell Precision T with dual quad core GHz processors with GB of ram and I am running a bit version of windows ultimate I have only had the computer about months but I haven t really had problems with it just upgrading it to the way I want it The problem just started a couple of days ago and I thought it was maybe because I had been putting off installing quot Tune Up Utilities quot on it That program seems to work wonders on getting everything to run smoothly after a full operating system install and all the programs you want installed all at once along with it not to mention drivers updating media player internet explorer installing flash player etc you and Computer slow, browser to so typing wants especially run in get the idea Mainly it started most with all the ads completely covering the pages on Ebay I thought Ebay just went crazy selling ad space for profit but Computer wants to run so slow, especially in browser and typing this is too much In my opinion the amount of ads will adversely affect the main purpose of Ebay since they cover most of the important information about the items for sale and their descriptions Also whole new ad pages are popping up almost every time I click on a link but instead of going where I should it pops up another full page ad to have to get rid of Another problem that has been getting progressively worse is the slow typing I finally fixed Explorer to surf the internet by resetting everything to factory presets but the pages are so slow to load and even after loading they don t want to scroll up and down I hated to put this under mal-ware and virus setting forum but I couldn t find anything more appropiate If anyone can help please let me know I have only just installed the necessary programs to run windows because solid state drives are so expensive that I could only afford an GB for fast startup and I have a new GB drive to add for the slave and a terabyte that should be good once it is reformatted I was just going to add them when this happened and I didn t want to carry over problems to new drives Any input is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Computer wants to run so slow, especially in browser and typing

You are rightly concerned about malware infection so you need to start running scans to check this out. Which security programs are installed and have you run full system scans? SAS anti spyware and Malwarebytes are good free scanners worth downloading and running. This is a priority because the sooner you are onto malware and virus problems the better the chance of removing them.

I don't share your enthusiasm for Tune up Utilities and would uninstall it but you've probably paid a hefty subscription for the year. CCleaner is a useful free utility worth looking into but firstly check thoroughly for possible infection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wants-to-run-so-slow-especially-in-browser-and-typing.208498/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've got IE 8 & every pic I view is showing up on the left side of my screen
how do I center the pics in my browser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie-8-pics-in-browser.144764/
Relevancy 20.21%

It would be good to get a list of browsers with temporary download location. I'll start off:

IE8,9
Opera 12
Safari

A:Web browser with temp downloads

As far as I know they all have a temp download location, that is unless there are browsers that do not support downloading files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-browser-with-temp-downloads.194096/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi,

I have a very strange problem. I cannot type URL/adress/location bar or text boxes - keyboard locks/freezes up. I have to go to the Task Manager to End Task (to close browser:Firefox, Google Chrome)
I restored my OS from my previous Norton Ghost image, but nothing changed.

P.S.
OS Win7x64

A:I cannot type in the browser

Does the keyboard work normally in other applications ? I.e. not browsers. Try notepad for instance. If this problem is only in browsers, it is virtually certain to be a virus effect. It could be an add-on you have installed common to both (all?) browsers. If you realise what you have added, then uninstalling that add-on might solve it, but the chances are small.

In firefox, click the Tools menu and select add-ons.

There is a tiny possibility that your keyboard has a fault. Test by replacement if at all possible, and especially with a different type of keyboard connection (wireless, USB, PS/2)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-type-in-the-browser.206873/
Relevancy 19.78%

my internet brower IE is very slow to open a website and other tab will just open, sometime the tab i am viewing will just change, i tried to install IE8 but it can not continue. Can you help me?

A:Internet browser very slow and corrupted

It sounds like you got a serious infection or two. I strongly advise going to our Virus and Malware removal forum and read the Updated 8 Step sticky.

Follow it step by step as given and when you are finished post on that forum with the three required logs attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-browser-very-slow-and-corrupted.143910/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just wanna ask what is the fastest ??? explain you answer

A:Fastest internet browser?

my choice is Opera.
its performance, interface are much more better..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fastest-internet-browser.144052/
Relevancy 19.78%

In Opera by default it restores all the tabs from the previous session, which I don't want. How to I make it use the same home screen when I start it up?

A:Opera browser use same homepage when launched

On Mac (I don't have easy access to a Windows machine right now) it is in Preferences -> General. Then there is a pulldown for startup that will have the option to 'start with home page' as opposed to 'continue from last time'. Its the first thing I see when opening the preferences, I imagine it is the same for Windows, if not, at least you should be able to figure it out from what I said here, the preferences are pretty much identical between the OSes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opera-browser-use-same-homepage-when-launched.190337/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently subscribed to Netflix and I am having problems with their internet browser UI. Problems that their rather incompetent tech support staff cannot seem to fix.

The dropdown menus in the Netflix video browser do not work. Since this is the only way available to switch between different seasons of a television series, I can only stream videos from season 1 of any given series. Oddly enough this is only a problem while I am logged into Netflix, when I am logged out, the dropdown menus actually work (but the season resets when I logged in, so no picking a season while I am logged out and then logging into to stream a given season).

Is their anyone here familiar with how Netflix behaves with PC internet browsers who understands this particular problem and can help me?

Thanks in advance.

A:Netflix internet browser UI problems

What browser are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netflix-internet-browser-ui-problems.189740/
Relevancy 20.21%

Which website is definitive of reporting the most popular browser? I.e. the market shares? How is it counted?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-tell-what-is-the-most-popular-web-browser.189477/
Relevancy 19.78%

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5369/64604133672f03dcf36306e.jpg

All browsers (i.e, chrome, firefox) is having this issue, anybody know what's causing this problem? any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-display-issue-whats-causing-this.142812/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just did a google search for "Most Secure browser", & from what the links I read say is Google Chrome is. Is that true? No, I didn't read ALL the links.

A:Most secure browser?

Like so many "evaluations" of products, it depends upon two major factors:

WHO paid for the study?
WHAT was the criteria used for the evaluation?
Regardless of this, I have grave reservations against all forms of IE due to the implementation of ActiveX.
This component violates the original design from the W3C where the browser should not have access to system components UNLESS signed. Clearly MS uses ActiveX to perform the MS Updates which can modify anything.
That alone ought to give you NIGHTMARES.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/most-secure-browser.187230/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello all I have an annoying problem that prevents me from using my laptop properly First of all I get this error except IE browser No works for every page I try to open in Google Chrome quot This webpage is not available The webpage at No browser works except IE lt any url here gt might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address Error net ERR NAME RESOLUTION FAILED Unknown error quot Secondly no software can connect to the internet No browser works except IE to update itself for example when I tried to update Malwarebytes I got this error Finally from time to time No browser works except IE I get an error window from BackupManagerTray I think this has something to do with Acer BackUp which states The TCP IP protocol is not installed properly The first thing I did was to check if I actually have an internet connection - by using ping google com in Command Prompt I discovered that I did Afterwards I tried to open Internet Explorer and surprisingly browsing worked just fine - yey for me As I had previous problems with malware and viruses I tried to disinfect my laptop by using the following software Bitdefender AVG Malwarebyes s Antimalware Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool website version and TDSSKiller Some of them found several infections which were cleaned but my problem persisted I figured there must be a problem with my IP DNS configuration In Command Prompt I tried to reset them by using netsh winsock reset and similar commands but with no result I have also tried sfc scannow but it didn t find any problems with the system s integrity I ran out of options and I really don t know what to do anymore If anyone experienced this or has an idea about what my cause this problem please help me nbsp

A:No browser works except IE

Ok, let's go thru the TCP settings.
get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt
then open the myTCP.txt file and look/report these values:

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid; if it is anything else, we need to fix it
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 216.116.96.2
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
the BOLD items are a must, the blue ones must exist but may be very different

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-browser-works-except-ie.186838/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have problems using any kind of Internet Browser(IE, Firefox) on Windows Vista.

When I open Firefox, the default page works fine. But when I try to open another page, the Firefox stop working.
In IE, it stops working as soon as I open.

I've tried to uninstall/ reinstall both Firefox and IE but the problems still exist.
Then I tried to disable my Windows Firewall(I do not have any other firewall or anti-virus software programs installed) but there still got the problem.

When I ping the website and my router, i got the reply.
Other computers at home are working fine.

So is there any solution to the problem I face? I would be much appreciated if you could guide what should I do to solve that problem because my knowledge to the computers is very basic.

Thank you guys.

A:Problem using any Internet Browser

Sounds like something has change in your system profile. You can do a few things?

1. Backup all your cookies, desktop icons, and favorites to another location or zip drive
2. Go into the safe mode and create another Admin name. Once you do that log out and then back in with the new name. Now go an delete your current profile. Doing this will fix the issues you have with the browsers. You might have to install some third-party software that disappears in your all programs menu. Other than that Windows will rebuild your profiled with out the junk in the prior.

The other choices are to run in safe mode Malware Cleaner or Rising AV 2009 Free International version to see if anything is cloaked on your system that's causes you these issues?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-using-any-internet-browser.140043/
Relevancy 19.78%

I'm talking about the bar that has the Start button at the far left & notification area & clock at the other?

If in fact it is the Taskbar, how do I keep my active browsers visible in it?
I'm tired of having to use the Alt/Tab keys to bring them back. Yes, I did right click the "taskbar" & put a check mark in Lock The Taskbar, but it don't help all the time. Help please & Thanks.

A:Open browser disappears from taskbar

learninmypc said:

I'm talking about the bar that has the Start button at the far left & notification area & clock at the other?

If in fact it is the Taskbar, how do I keep my active browsers visible in it?
I'm tired of having to use the Alt/Tab keys to bring them back. Yes, I did right click the "taskbar" & put a check mark in Lock The Taskbar, but it don't help all the time. Help please & Thanks.Click to expand...

This is how it sometimes looks with browser open

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/open-browser-disappears-from-taskbar.181345/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi for about years i have had contstant browser issues I suffered an attack where my Browser issues browser would crash system restore anti mal virus scan reinstall of browser wouldnt fix it i had to format Then with in moments of connecting to net same problem In the end windows defender was installed and it would block attacks on pc operating system Browser issues when ever my antivirus did a update but still same browser problem and even server browser problem in steam even to this day same issue Except i dont get any operating system attacks these days just browser issues Recently i noticed in eset smart security that when i tried to Browser issues go to one of the Browser issues sites that are crashing it would detect dns posioning attack Using eset i would connect but out of all antivirus only kaspersky and eset are the only ones that block this problem Someone suggested using open dns server this worked for hours all good Then steam browser problem then browser prolem in mozilla again I think it followed me in steam or yahoo I am parinoid i am on a hackers netbot being constantly attacked like this Any help for this problem will be much appreciated I now run f secure trial i am going to buy eset soon was using trial edition nbsp

A:Browser issues

What OS are you using?
Which Browser?

I would stick with the simple internal firewall and a good av with spyware protection. Now if you use Windows 7 you just have to download MSE from Microsoft. Then you're set. I would also recommend a home router to prevent those pest who like to invade your system. If you run updates and patches daily you shouldn't have to deal with these issues. Good defense helps. PC can't do it alone. The browser of choice is Firefox with Ad Block Plus and then search for Malware list to block out those other pest from trying to envisage your browser. Spyware Blaster is good for exceptions too. The OS like Windows XP has security holes that let Malware walk right in. But those can be tighten under SRP for malware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-issues.139780/
Relevancy 19.35%

Anyone any ideas about why links to URLs in incoming messages don't respond to single or double click or to ctrl+click?
I reset all the various options to default and still nothing happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-message-links-to-browser-not-working.187042/
Relevancy 20.21%

If one don't dump their browser history & they're online 8+ hours a day surfing, how long could it take before it affects the length of ones Security scans?
I'm not talking any specific computer, just in general.

A:Browser history

The browser limits the amount of data that is saved to usually 1GB at max, but a GB of tiny text files can be many tiny files which would slow down the scan in maybe, I don't know, a couple of months assuming the entire memory clump was filled with cookies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-history.185475/
Relevancy 19.78%

The German computer mag PC-WELT has just concluded a comparison test of the speed of the five major browsers, using the Peacekeeper benchmark. This test awards points representing the speed with which the browser processes Java commands. The number of points gives information about the operations or frames rendered per second.

The test gives a clear picture with significant differences among the contestants. The classification results are as follows:

Rank
1 Chrome 19 (2028 points)
2 Opera (1525 pts)
3 Firefox 13 (1298 pts)
4 Safari 5 (1237 pts)
5 IE 9 (1131 pts)

Thus, clear winner with a difference is Google?s Chrome which is nearly twice as fast as the IE and Firefox. Opera occupies an honorable second place.

http://www.pcwelt.de/ratgeber/Tempo...net-6522535.html?r=161519624279188&lid=196428

A:Comparison test: Which is the fastest Internet browser?

I get similar results.

Chrome 210.1180.89= 3934
IE9 32 bit = 1618
IE9 64 bit = 1047

Strangely I get less performance from the 64 bit browser, Also IE9 skips a lot of the tests because they are either incompatible with or lack the codecs to run that part of the benchmark.

No idea if this would skew the results?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparison-test-which-is-the-fastest-internet-browser.185334/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello,
I got few questions.
1. Where I could find nicely done Firefox 4, IE 9 and Chrome speed tests?
2. Where I could find guide how to make Windows 7 Bootable disc from ISO file?
Thank's for your time reading and helping me

A:Browser test's + Windows 7 Boot disc

This will test your internet connection speed.

http://www.speedtest.net/index.php?nojs=1

And this can test individual browsers to make a comparison.

http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/articles/test-browser-speed.php

If you have an image file of your Windows 7 disc you can simply burn it with any ISO burning software. This will do it:

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-tests-windows-7-boot-disc.164278/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello,

I have HP dv6 3022ss with built in windows 7, previously i had installed Chrome which worked fine for like 2 months but it started giving me problems like when i launch Chrome, my the start menu button and tray icons stops responding but after some time i ge the controls back it started to get on my nerves i removed Chrome installed firefox and with this broswer I encounter a new problem when I try to enter a URL it gets stuck, I removed it too installed, Opera and found the same problem. However the IE is working fine but I really do not want to use IE.

Immediate help is required.

Thanks in advance.

A:None of my Internet browser work except IE

While awaiting solution to your problem, you can try portable versions of Firefox and/or Opera, which don?t require installation and should not come in conflict with any other apps. You can even run them from a USB flash drive and take them with you. They don?t leave personal info on the computer.

Portable Firefox: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Portable Opera: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/opera_portable

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/none-of-my-internet-browser-work-except-ie.160501/
Relevancy 20.21%

I was reading about the Chromium browser can anyone tell me more about it,is it better than Firefox 3,6 and Internet Explorer 8 as far as speed and cpu usage.and any other comparisons to the other browsers? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-info-on-the-chromium-browser.163615/
Relevancy 20.21%

Does anyone else have a problem with this program locking up your computer? Ive reinstalled twice and seems to lock up my comp!!

A:Opera web browser

I don't have any problems. I've been using it as my primary browser since it was ad supported (somewhere around version 7 it changed to free).

Are the lock ups reproducible or random?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opera-web-browser.159504/
Relevancy 19.78%

Well I don t objects not working on Most Mozilla browser know if I picked the correct topic name or not but here is a list of some things that are going on pics also Well basically everything that could work on Mozilla Firefox isn t working I thought it was the NoScipt addon at first blocking everything but soon Most objects not working on Mozilla browser found out it wasn t I allowed all scripts and even disabled the addon to no avail Here are some pictures that show my problem one of them is a little blurry since it s so big so I ll post a download link also http i photobucket com albums ll king browser jpg http i photobucket com albums ll king browser jpg http i photobucket com albums ll king browser jpg And the quot fuzzy quot picture It s only fuzzy because it s a resized image of both my monitors at once by Photobucket And everyone Most objects not working on Mozilla browser knows they do certain sizes anyway so http i photobucket com albums ll king needhelpargh jpg http www megaupload com d SKK MMT I don t expect you to download it obviously for the risk of viruses for people Most objects not working on Mozilla browser that don t trust me but it s there for anyone that wants to see the extra carnage that I m going through I haven t done anything to my computer since this started so I m in the dust with this one Any advice or suggestions is appreciated nbsp

A:Most objects not working on Mozilla browser

Well after sifting through all my settings for the second time I did notice that the setting "Load images automatically" was unchecked. I have yet to figure out how the setting got changed, but thank god I fixed it.

This topic no longer needs discussion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/most-objects-not-working-on-mozilla-browser.130755/
Relevancy 20.21%

i have had a lot of problems with internet explore in the past but since i upgraded to ie8 it has become faster and i aslo use safari for windows. can u recommend any fast browsers? and if u know what is the fastest browser?

A:Which is the best internet browser to use?

Google Chrome is the fastest browser I have used, with Opera 9 coming a close second. Then comes Firefox naturally. IE8 is on par with FF though.

Chrome is my preferred choice ATM. Opera 10 beta is also pretty fast, so I might switch to that once the final version is released.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-the-best-internet-browser-to-use.130252/
Relevancy 19.78%

everyone help me

I'm having trouble about my browser. the pc always restart when the browser (Modzilla) opened video. after that raise the box with the text BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : E0000001 BCP2 : BA3B8925 BCP3 : AA2ED820
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1
and the detail report
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9064.dir00\Mini020612-03.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9064.dir00\sysdata.xml
.. please give me a reason and solution .. t u

A:Restarting PC when the browser open video

Please read this and post the minidumps properly. Test your memory and hard drive per these instructions:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarting-pc-when-the-browser-open-video.177157/
Relevancy 20.21%

Okay, so i one day i tried to get on the internet, but every browser i tried couldn't connect. The browsers i use are IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I can connect to the internet through MSN messenger, Limerwire, and Skype. I have been told to reinstall my OS, but i dont know how to do that and am hoping someone here knows another way to fix this problem. I use Windows XP. If i have to reinstall OS can someone give me a guide for a beginner on how to do that.

A:Cannot connect to internet through a browser!

run->cmd
then enter
ipconfig /all >mytcp.txt

in your follow-up, attach mytcp.txt

also see this for testing your network config:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic55006.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-internet-through-a-browser.125938/
Relevancy 20.21%

I can't connect with any browser on my laptop, but I can connect to AOL on it. I have checked firewall settings even totally uninstalled them, cleaned out the reg checked proxy settings, dumped IE, reinstalled it. I run diagnostics on the connection, it comes back stating i am fine. I am connecting wirelessly. I do have 3 different connections in my internet connections but have disabled the 2 local area connections. I am now lost! Can someone PLEASE give me an idea. Normally I would just format it out, but i bought this from a friend who hasn't located the discs just yet. If you need me to run HJT or anything please let me know!

Thanks all!!

A:Can't connect with ANY browser

I can't connect with any browser on my laptopClick to expand...

1. What happens when you try to connect?
2. Error message? What?
3. Is this something new?
4. What did you do before it started? Update/install.uninstall?
5. Did you try rebooting?
6. Do you have a network set up with a wireless router on a desktop or other computer?
7. If this is new, did you try doing a System Restore to date right before the problem began?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-with-any-browser.124143/
Relevancy 19.35%

No video will play on any of my internet browser(ie7, firefox, mozilla)

they come up with an error and have to close

i have 2 codec programs installed, divx and ac3filter.

Videos i download will not even play in any media player neither.

what could the problem be?

A:Videos will not play in an internet browser or media player

Download and install the K-Lite mega Codec pack and see if that helps.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-will-not-play-in-an-internet-browser-or-media-player.85455/
Relevancy 20.21%

My Firefox seems to be going slower and slower as time goes on. I'm still stuck with dialup until I get rid of a few debts, so do you have any suggestions for improving browsing speed? Is there some other browser that would be faster?

A:Fastest web browser for XP

check for viri, check for trojans. Browser speed doesn't really have much effect on transfer speed. Why dial-up? Can you at least get DSL?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fastest-web-browser-for-xp.85234/
Relevancy 19.78%

When I click on a link or try to use shift+click on the link it wont open in the window. I have my pop-up blocker turned off and and when i click on the link it tries to open but nothing shows up. I am using win. xp service pack 1. I really need some help on this so please some one help me out. Thanks for your help.

A:IE browser wont open new windows: Please Help Me

I'm amazed that in this day and age people are still using that P.O.S. IE!
The press and all PC magazines keep telling people to change to Firefox (or Opera, now that it's free).
Go to www.getfirefox.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie-browser-wont-open-new-windows-please-help-me.40715/
Relevancy 20.21%

I cannot seem to load certain sites with either IE or Firefox. The load bar just stops at a certain point when loading pages like hotmail and doesn't continue even after 5 mins. Not sure if it's related, but my ISP asked me to switch from direct internet to a proxy about 2 weeks ago(when these problems started). I've since rolled back the proxy changes, no change to the problem.

Other sites like yahoo, google, etc. online games work fine. Any ideas?

A:Browser Problem?

Are you from the UK,do you use a router, and do you use AOL? I apologise for asking, but your location isn't listed in your profile.

Another poster has asked a similar question in the storage and networking with regards to "can routers block websites" which you may find relevant.

When were you last able to access these sites, and what changes did you make to your setup before the problem occured?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-problem.40056/
Relevancy 20.21%

i just repaired my windows today and when I first start, my internet browser (firefox) works fine. After around 5 minutes, no pages load and it times out. The wierd thing is IE does the same thing with "this page cannot be displayed". I know it can't be a modem or router problem because my notebook works fine on a wireless connection. Even my AIM works during this "downtime". The browser just wont let me go to any pages. help!

A:browser problems

Explain "repaired my windows today". What happened and what did you do? Why did you have to repair?

Sounds like you should take the first step of making sure your system is clean. Have you run the battery of cleaning tools? Adaware, spybot, HJT, ccleaner, Ewido, etc... Look for the sticky threads in the Security forum for this process.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-problems.37418/
Relevancy 16.34%

There are some XP/Server) (Server for Software Browser Web cool free ware programs that you can setup to run as a server Note I ve tested them all under Firefox Browser as they will work with IE for the past - months now Web Server KF Sever this is found on the KeyFocus web site has one of the easiest to install and configure plus you can access all your documents media pictures audio from this server also Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) Mail Server DeskNow easy to installed and configure the best part you can try out the full pro for days then after that it converts to a free ware version Still not a bad Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) program for free Music Server Vibe Streamer is another good example if you want to stream all you audio files to any PC using the web browser Again this is free ware and works very well easy to setup and use Note All the programs here will work with XP Workstation Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) and does work on Server also KeyFocus one you can also play videos too using VLC media player optional that one is also free as well nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-browser-server-software-for-xp-server.103366/
Relevancy 20.21%

Id like to ask how can i erase store visited web sites address in the pull down address bar on my yahoo. I tried to delete files, delete cookies and clear history and still no effect. ( I used IE6 )

This is my friend concern I hope you can help him...Thanks

Donskister

These addresses are stored in the system registry. Third-party programs can do this for you too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-problems.73207/
Relevancy 20.21%

Id like to ask how can i erase store visited web sites address in the pull down address bar on my yahoo. I tried to delete files, delete cookies and clear history and still no effect. ( I used IE6 )

This is my friend concern I hope you can help him...Thanks

Donskister

These addresses are stored in the system registry. Third-party programs can do this for you too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-problems.73207/
Relevancy 19.78%

I previously registered with a website, and everything has been fine until now. The website now cannot log me in, and says that my browser (IE 7)does not accept script cookies. I'd lowered the security level to Medium, and added the website to the safe list for cookies, regardless of privacy policy. And it still doesn't work!! Anyone got an idea what it could be, or how to solve it? Thx.

A:My browser doesn't accept script cookies? Please help

I have absolutely no experience with IE7, so can`t solve your problem with it. However, if you were to try a different browser such as Firefox, this may at least solve your problem with that particular website.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-browser-doesnt-accept-script-cookies-please-help.79756/
Relevancy 20.21%

Is there such a thing and where can I download one?

A:Looking for a browser with autorefresh

Firefox with the "Refresh every" add in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-browser-with-autorefresh.27744/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello..I am in need of some help! I have a hp 523w running xp home edition. IE8 is so slow at loading so i tried google chrome, opera and mozilla fire fox. When trying to play games on facebook, sometimes i get a message saying that shockwave is unresponsive, or that the plug in has stopped responding or my computer just freezes up. I downloaded secunia and it said it fixed alot of errors and patches, but the computer was running so slow i uninstalled it. Any suggestions? I went to microsoft and did the "fix it" and it says nothing is wrong with my computer and i have all updates installed that microsoft said i needed. Any help is welcomed!! Thanks in advance!! ;-)

A:My computer crashes on every browser I use!

How much RAM do you have?

Web site says it comes with 512 MB standard, upgradable to 1 GB.

Did you add graphics card, or are you using the onboard video?

My guess is that you don't have enough horsepower under the hood to run Flash heavy sites.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-crashes-on-every-browser-i-use.158896/
Relevancy 19.78%

A Very good browser- Firefox. Try it and get rid of your problems,securitywise I mean, with IE. Please post your opinion with Fire fox and the optional mail cleint Thunderbird.
Regards.
Astroram

A:Fire Fox_A Very Good Browser

Wow! That's great man! I had never heard of this wonderful thing before! I will try it right away and post my experiences with this new technology and perhaps start a campaign to convince other people to use this completely unknown and new dimension in computing..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fire-fox_a-very-good-browser.16951/
Relevancy 19.78%

I learned the value of windows back up today. For years I had reformat to fix a messed up computer

I'm not a tard but I can't figure out how to fix my problem

I uninstalled programs most likely including some of the video driver stuff while I was trying to get rid of spy where. I can't find the driver or track down the model type from physically taking the video card out.

The actual problem is that when I use any windows browser or any internet browser it's lags on any scrolling. no other problems even with the file browser.

it's AGP, I don't have the install disc and have had difficulties getting the exact specs from the comp or the card itself

A:Video driver -- scrolling lag in any browser

I have the same problem, I would appreciate any advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-driver-scrolling-lag-in-any-browser.150374/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am suddenly unable to see images on web pages when using the internet. All I get is a blank space which contains a small square with three different coloured shapes in it in the top left hand corner. I have had this problem before but I cant remember how to sort it out. Please help!

A:Problems with IE Browser

Try to empty your temp. internet files cache.
In IE, click Tools/Internet Options.
Check that your firewall does not stop certain size pictures, considered to be adware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-ie-browser.23089/
Relevancy 20.21%

Had firefox browser in past and was troubled with error message of:

this document has no data.

This prevented me from getting on some websites or caused delay in getting on others. Finally Mozilla came out with a patch that seemed to alleviate the problem.

However, now the problem has resurfaced. Unable to find any patch for same or way to contact Mozille firefox for help. Would like to email them about problem but find no email address.

My firefox version is 1.0 on XP SP1

Any suggestions from anyone?

A:Browser problem with Firefox 1.0 on XP

This happens to me usually because my network connection. Reloading and/or clearing Firefox cache usually helps.

By the way, Firefox 1.0.1 is out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-problem-with-firefox-1-0-on-xp.22133/