Windows Support Forum

Importing mail from Outlook to Windows Live Mail

Q: Importing mail from Outlook to Windows Live Mail

Hi all This is quite a complex operation and MS doesn't actually explain how to do it so here goes The trick is to get your email messages into Outlook Express OE on XP or Windows Mail on Vista before you can import into Windows Live mail Then the import can be done directly There isn't any way currently to import mail directly from Outlook to Windows Live Mail so you have to do it indirectly BEFORE installing Importing to Mail Live from Windows Outlook mail Windows even if you don't use Outlook Express XP or Windows Mail VISTA you need to have them running on the same machine as your copy of OUTLOOK create if you haven't already email accounts in OE or Windows mail identical to those you have in Outlook Now import your messages from Outlook into OE or Windows Mail Change the Store Identity in OE or Windows mail to a disk that your W can read do this under Maintenance - data storage locations in OE or Windows Mail Doing this saves you having to install Live Mail on Vista or XP Logon to your W system and install Windows Live mail Set up your email accounts File gt import gt messages Chose Outlook express or Windows mail depending on step Browse to the directory where you stored the messages in step Job done A bit fiddly but obviously MS don't want to make it easy for people to switch from Outlook Note also the quot Send and Receive quot function is calles quot SYNC quot in Windows Live mail -- confusing but there it is If you also installed Windows Messenger you can prevent it from starting automatically at startup by going to the Orb gt acessories gt run type msconfig and unclick windows messenger in the Importing mail from Outlook to Windows Live Mail start up box There doesn't appear to be ANY method of importing mail directly from Outlook Cheers jimbo

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Importing mail from Outlook to Windows Live Mail

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Importing mail from Outlook to Windows Live Mail

Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi all
This is quite a complex operation and MS doesn't actually explain how to do it so here goes.

The trick is to get your email messages into Outlook Express (OE on XP) or Windows Mail (on Vista) before you can import into Windows Live mail. Then the import can be done directly.

There isn't any way currently to import mail directly from Outlook to Windows Live Mail so you have to do it indirectly BEFORE installing Windows 7.

1) even if you don't use Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (VISTA) you need to have them running on the same machine as your copy of OUTLOOK.

2) create (if you haven't already) email accounts in OE or Windows mail identical to those you have in Outlook.

3) Now import your messages from Outlook into OE or Windows Mail.

4) Change the Store Identity in OE or Windows mail to a disk that your W7 can read (do this under Maintenance - data storage locations in OE or Windows Mail).
Doing this saves you having to install Live Mail on Vista or XP

5) Logon to your W7 system and install Windows Live mail.

6) Set up your email accounts

7) File ==> import==>messages

8) Chose Outlook express or Windows mail depending on step 3)

9) Browse to the directory where you stored the messages in step 4)

10) Job done.

A bit fiddly but obviously MS don't want to make it easy for people to switch from Outlook

Note also the "Send and Receive" function is calles "SYNC" in Windows Live mail -- confusing but there it is.

If you also installed Windows Messenger you can prevent it from starting automatically at startup by going to the Orb ==>acessories==>run. type msconfig and unclick windows messenger in the start up box.

There doesn't appear to be ANY method of importing mail directly from Outlook 2003/2007

Cheers
jimbo

Hi Jimbo,
I am purchasing a new pc with Windows7. I read your thread above, and have one problem and one question:
Problem: When trying to save the messages from OE into a CD-RW or pen drive, following the procedure of your step Nr. 4 above, Outlook does not allow it. The OK button is not activated.
Question: Is there a procedure available to import the Address book (Contacts) from Outlook into Windows7 mail?
Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/10497-importing-mail-outlook-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 97.65%

Hi

Our old XP machine harddrive has just died! This has OE6 on it... I'm now on a Win7 PC with Windows Live Mail... I am trying to find an import option to bring in all my old backed-up folders in the dbx format without any luck.

Any suggestions? I did try Thunderbird then gave up!!

A:Importing Outlook Express mail into Windows Live Mail

I did it a long time ago and cannot recall my method.

If you pound google, you will find numerous methods. If one doesn't work, move on to the next. I do recall that it is a hit and miss affair, so be prepared to experiment.

Primary advice: be sure you have multiple copies of your DBX folders and keep one copy of each folder safe and unaltered. Try the various methods you discover on a copy of the DBX folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/197967-importing-outlook-express-mail-into-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 91.45%

Hello,

After a clean install of Windows 7, I installed Office 2007. I also installed Windows Live Mail not to use it as an e-mail client, but only as an intermediate to import mail accounts. Therefore, I imported all my many e-mail accounts to Windows Live Mail from previously saved IAF files. Until here all worked as expected. The problem is that now, when I try to "Import internet mail account settings" from Windows Live Mail to Outlook it just answers "No internet accounts were found to import". How come?

Can someone please instruct me on how to overcome this problem, please?

A:Importing mail accounts from Live Mail to Outlook 2007

Please, don't rush to answer, it only passed three months since the question .

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/37949-importing-mail-accounts-live-mail-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 87.42%

Hi,

I've read the other threads regarding my problem, but still can't figure out what to do. I backed up my files before installing Windows 7, and have an "Outlook Express" folder. However, I can't figure out how to import the contacts I had saved in my address book in Outlook. The Outlook files are in .dbx format, so I am unable to open them.

Does anyone know how I can even access the files so I can see my contacts and copy them down? Importing them would be ideal, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Thanks!

A:Importing Outlook Express contacts to Windows Live Mail

Here is the results of a google search, 33 million hits:

- Google Search

I took a a brief look at the first listing. It might help you?

You might also try running a google search for "convert dbx" for an app that can convert dbx files to eml or another format.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/36987-importing-outlook-express-contacts-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 86.49%

I have bought a new computer with Windows 7 preinstalled. Before setting it up I backed up all my outstanding emails (204 .dbx files) and email addresses (one .wab file size 176kb) from my old computer on to a memory stick. I now want to import them into Windows Live Mail. I have gone through the recommended procedure for the emails, but only some of them have come across. I have been totally unable to import the addresses. The only procedures I have found seem to relate to a different version of Live Mail because they tell me to click on things that don't appear on my screen! Can anyone help?

It occurs to me that maybe not all the messages are being imported because I haven't imported the relevant contact details. Could this be the case?

By the way I can't go back to the old computer as it has completely died, which is why I replaced it.

A:Importing email addresses from Outlook Express to Windows 7 Live mail

Briamm,
Peruse the links below to see if they provide you with more information.
Note the links are in a random order.

How do I transfer my contacts and emails from Outlook Express to - Microsoft Answers

Importing Outlook Express mail into Windows Live Mail

migrating email from Outlook Express 6.0 to Windows live mail

Questions about Migration from Outlook-Express 6 on my old, Windows-XP - Microsoft Answers

How do I transfer Outlook Express email and folders from an old - Microsoft Answers

Import E-Mail Contacts from Outlook Express 6 to Windows 7, Windows - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/209775-importing-email-addresses-outlook-express-windows-7-live-mail.html
Relevancy 86.49%

I have been trying without success to export Outlook express mail from an XP computer into Windows Windows live into Problems messages Outlook Mail express importing live Mail on a brand-new Windows HP computer I have followed the directions on the Internet to copy the Outlook express mail folder onto a flash drive The directions I followed were to go to Outlook express click on tools options maintenance store folder Then copy store location go to start menu click run Then when the Outlook express folder opens with the Problems importing Outlook express messages into Windows live Mail DBX files I copied the entire folder to a flash drive I have followed the directions on the Internet Problems importing Outlook express messages into Windows live Mail to copy the Outlook express mail folder onto a flash drive I go into Windows live Mail import and follow the prompts It acts like it is copying the DBX folders however when it is finished there are no e-mails in the imported folder I have tried over and over and have no luck I have no idea where the e-mails are or Problems importing Outlook express messages into Windows live Mail if they are actually available What am I doing incorrectly Please help with more detailed instructions Thanks Rosanne

A:Problems importing Outlook express messages into Windows live Mail

Have you seen this thread: Importing mail from Outlook to Windows Live Mail

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/232463-problems-importing-outlook-express-messages-into-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 86.49%

I was using a Windows XP desktop and Outlook Express exclusively for my emails It was set Outlook Express importing corrupts when emails Live Mail 6 Windows frm up to do automatic nightly backups of all messages by copying the following folder Code C Documents Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6 and Settings User Local Settings Application Data Identities GUID Microsoft Outlook Express Yesterday the hard drive on that XP machine crashed and now I'm trying to set up a new desktop that is running Windows pro My main goal is to set up a mail program that will allow to import all of my emails from Outlook Express that also works in a similar fashion In other words that Metro mail app that Windows has would not work So I downloaded Windows Live Mail and went to File - gt Import - gt Messages - gt Outlook Express and specified a copy of the folder above Unfortunately when the importing process was done first of all the inbox was empty Eventually I was able to find it buried in a storage folder Well inconvenient but OK But then when I pulled it up I could not recognize my messages It seemed like a big chunk of them was missing Unfortunately I don't have access to the Outlook Express on a computer that crashed Instead I had an old copy in a VM that was done back in Sept So I did the same exporting process just to test Here's how the inbox looks like in Outlook Express And here's how it looks when I import it into WLM As you see a bunch of messages are missing and the inbox itself looks totally different What am I doing wrong here

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/60522-windows-live-mail-corrupts-emails-when-importing-frm-outlook-express-6-a.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Is there a simple way to import email contacts from Outlook to Windows Live Mail?

A:Importing contacts from Outlook to Live Mail

Hello ctucker,

Please refer to the links below...

Export contacts from Outlook to Windows Live Hotmail - Outlook - Office.com

Importing mail from Outlook to Windows Live Mail

Import Outlook Contacts Into Windows Live Mail/Hotmail | Technipages

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/205291-importing-contacts-outlook-live-mail.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Hi I had to re install my OS After I did that the fun of installing everything started and one of those things was Windows Live Mail I've done this before when I bought my new computer and had some issues importing my mail as well which was the same idea Live mail to Live mail Now I'm facing the issue again and find it hard to find a simple and straight forward answer to my issue as most topics go about Windows mail or show importing methods which aren't the same as I used before so I'll try to explain as good as possible what I encounter I click on import messages and select email messages Then it lets me choose a folder from which I can install I select my external HD where the back up is Then when I want to add it I get the option to either select the folders I want to add or I can add all of them Strange importing Live Live to Windows Trouble Mail Mail Windows thing here is that it doesn't show my inbox or any subfolder and I had many subfolders but only shows the deleted folder When I do proceed it adds that what it Trouble importing Windows Live Mail to Windows Live Mail showed and I don't have anything imported other then the deleted folders Now I might be doing something wrong as in the past this was the way I could import and export Maybe I don't have enough rights for the folder I do hope that someone can help me out and have a straight forward solution because if I lose all these emails I will go crazy Looking forward to any help Jeroen

A:Trouble importing Windows Live Mail to Windows Live Mail

Name a folder in my documents. Call it Windows live mail backup
Make a sub folder call it backup
Click on options/ email
Click on export mail
It should pop up with all the folders, in box etc.
highlight each folder. You will have to do it with the crtl key because using shift key sometimes does not work
It will then give you a browse where to put it. Put in the backup folder you made. Them copy and paste the folder onto the flash drive
On the new computer you will do the same thing bit you will pick import instead of export

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/281876-trouble-importing-windows-live-mail-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I copied my "Windows Mail Contacts folder" from my previous Windows Vista pc to my new Windows 7 pc. I have close to 4,000 contacts and they are all organized in subfolders. How can I import them to Windows Live Mail while keeping them all organized as they were in Windows Mail on Vista? If I have to manually organize them again it will be an endless task. I have built this organized list of contacts over several years of work. For people like myself who rely on this type of organized list of contacts for work purposes, switching from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail could possibly be a nightmare. I really hope there's a positive quick solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394320-importing-windows-mail-contacts-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Please could I have some help on Windows Live Mail?

I have just upgraded to a new PC running 8.1. I have installed Windows Live Mail which seems to be regarded as the best email client.

I have about 11 GB of messages from my previous Vista installation (seven years of my life) which I would like to be able to manage in WLM.

I have imported them using the File/Import Messages/Windows Mail command but I can't see any of them in WLM. They appear to been imported in WM format and so aren't readable.

In that case, I'm not quite sure what is the point of the import function. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

A:Windows Live Mail - importing Windows Mail messages

have a read here
Copy and move email from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail on Windows 7

and

https://liveunplugged.wordpress.com/...ows-live-mail/

and

How to upgrade from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail - Microsoft Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/windows-live-mail-importing-windows-mail-messages-1004450.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I just upgraded to Win 7 and will be using live mail. How do I export my mail address book from my old Vista computer? Both computers are on the same wireless network. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: My mail program on the Vista machine is Earthlink Mail

A:Importing E Mail and settings into Win7 Live Mail

Hello IBHIPRU,

These may be able to help you with this.

Windows Live Mail - Import Windows Mail Messages

and

Windows Live Mail - Import Windows 7 and Vista Contacts

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/126017-importing-e-mail-settings-into-win7-live-mail.html
Relevancy 107.5%

I have an Windows (Vista) notebook with outlook 2007, and now I have an new notebook with Windows 8.1. Where I want to export my mail & contact to Windows live mail, how can I import this in WLM on my other notebook?

I already have configure my mail on WLM where I can receive and send messages. I tried something with the program Mailstore 8 but my mail is now on another computer.

I also find this link: how to export mail,calendar contact in outlook to windows live mail clientWith the "Outlook Conversion Application" solution but is this possible on different computers and has WLM an import function?

A:Export mail and contacts from Outlook 2007 to Windows live mail 2012?

Don I might be way off track here mate but was the Outlook account the same email address as you have set up in WLM?

Just a thought you might try adding an account to WLM using the old address and password. I did this with my old account from my service provider then went to a Hotmail account.
Now admittedly it was still within WLM but worth a try.

What I will do is try and add my work account (Outlook) to my WLM and see if it works.

PS It added the account but I have to get the POP and STMP settings right first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/344098-export-mail-contacts-outlook-2007-windows-live-mail-2012-a.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Our Windows Live Mail accounts receive blank messages when someone sends a calendar appointment request from an Outlook account. The same message arrives correctly in a gmail account or in my Outlook account at work. Is this a Live Mail Configuration issue?

A:Windows Live Mail not receiving calendar info from Outlook mail

Hi adfrench, welcome to Seven Forums.

You must sign-in to WLM with the same Outlook.com account your using for the calendar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/352245-windows-live-mail-not-receiving-calendar-info-outlook-mail.html
Relevancy 106.64%

In Maiil Washer Pro it says you can import you Outlook Junk Mail list into the Mail Washer Blacklist as long as it's a text file. When I go to my Outlook Junk mail list and open it with "edit" it shows me all the names but I'm unable to copy them using the clipboard (Ctrl C command) I tried pressing the copy All command Ctrl A but it doesn't highlight them and I don't seem to be able to find the name of the Outlook Junk Mail file so that i can open it and copy them from it-any sugestions ? BobDut

A:Importing Outlook Junk Mail list to Mail Washer Pro

I think you File/Export and follow that route

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-outlook-junk-mail-list-to-mail-washer-pro.283002/
Relevancy 104.92%

I am attempting to move all my emails from a machine with W SP Windows Live Mail to a new machine with W Outlook As I understand it is not possible to transfer from WLM on one machine to Outlook on another machine I decided to install WLM on the new machine as an interim measure and then to transfer to W Outlook I backed up the emails by exporting from WLM to a folder on disk then copied it to a Kingston Data Traveller then installed a completely new WLM on the new machine and imported the emails from the backup folder copied from Kingston to disk to WLM where they appeared in Storage Folders gt Imported Folder To my surprise the import procedure also copied in the details of the accounts I had set up on the old machine Using Windows Explorer I copied Imported Folder and pasted it to C Users Peter AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live Mail Having closed then re-opened WLM I was disappointed to find no sign of my emails in the Inbox folder and all the sub folders Tried getting callback from MS Support - although Windows Live emaios Problem Mail importing very quick they couldn't help as WLM no longer supported Please can you advise me if I have done something wrong or omitted a Problem importing Windows Live Mail emaios step and what I need to do now to complete the transfer of emails

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/problem-importing-windows-live-mail-emaios-4600734/
Relevancy 104.92%

When I import messages from Windows Live Mail into Windows Live Mail, I proceed as follows:

- In Windows Live Mail I select Import messages, then Windows Live Mail and then finally I browse and select the location. Eventually I get a screen saying: Importing message ... of ... messages.

- When I check later in the Storage folder. I cannot find all the messages. During import it says that it is importing for example 21 files but when I check the Storage folder only 3 files are displayed.

A:Problem importing messages into Windows Live Mail

If you meant Import "Windows Mail" Messages into Windows Live Mail
refer the link{s}

Windows Live Mail - Import Windows Mail Messages

Windows Live Mail - Export and Import Email Messages

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/190960-problem-importing-messages-into-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 104.92%

How do I import long-term storage files (with lots of really, really important emails I wish to save) from Windows Live 2012 to the new Windows 10 email program? Can't find any how-to help anywhere so far.

Thanks!

A:Importing Windows Live Storage folders into Win 10 Mail

Originally Posted by oldMGguy

How do I import long-term storage files (with lots of really, really important emails I wish to save) from Windows Live 2012 to the new Windows 10 email program? Can't find any how-to help anywhere so far.

That's because it currently can't be done!

W10 Mail and Calendar app doesn't yet have support for any off-line activity; only on-line sites and their on-line folders.

Keep watching future updates, and keep running Windows Live 2012 until it does. (A tip for migrating -- Use File/Advanced/Maintenance to move all WLM storage into its own directory, and back it up.)

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/32418-importing-windows-live-storage-folders-into-win-10-mail.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I tried to transfer my mails (outlook express) from my old computer XP to the new one W7, where I installed WLM for the email service. I followed the procedure:Copied the Microsoft Otlook folder with the .dbx files to the new computer
Used the import function in WLM to import the messages
Everything seems working. The imported folder in WLM is created, but unfortunately with no messages in it.
Can someone explain the cause of the problem and suggest a solution
The HD of the old computer is re-formated, so I saved the .dbx files on an external HD

A:Problem importing messages to Windows Live Mail

Hello saro71 and welcome to Seven Forums. I'm afraid I can't help you with this problem but I just wanted to suggest you get in touch with your ISP or computer manufacturer for tech support, but thats only if no one here can help which is very unlikely, we have some computer genius' here. Good Luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/134287-problem-importing-messages-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I'm currently using Windows Mail. My server is OTT Communications, my internet provider. But my emails get deleted on the server. They stay in Windows Mail so I'm not losing them there. I see that you can open an Outlook.com account, and use Windows Live Mail for that. So, does that mean that Microsoft is then the server? If so, I would like to open an account, so my emails don't get deleted on the server. But how do I set up Windows Live Mail so that the server is Microsoft, as opposed to OTT? Thanks, Mike

A:Windows Mail vs. Live Mail vs. Outlook.com

I've never used windows mail but in the configuration options for your email accounts look for a setting that says something like keep deleted emails on the server. That option should be there.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/303863-windows-mail-vs-live-mail-vs-outlook-com.html
Relevancy 104.06%

When my OS was XP, and I clicked a contact link on various web sites, I would get an Outlook e-mail screen where I would compose my e-mail and send it. That was good, because I had a history of that in my "Sent" folder.

Now, with Windows 7, I get Windows Live e-mail, even though I have Outlook installed. Is that a default of Windows 7, or is it what the web site is doing?

Can I look at Windows Live e-mails and see what I have sent?

Can I change a setting in Win7 so it will send an Outlook e-mail instead?

Thanks,
Jon

A:Windows Live e-mail vs Outlook e-mail

Control Panel > Programs > Default programs > Set associations

Look for the .msg extension and change the association to Microsoft Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/85512-windows-live-e-mail-vs-outlook-e-mail.html
Relevancy 101.05%

As a new Windows Vista user, I have a question please:

I'd like to be able to import an Outlook PST file into Windows Mail but I'm unable to do this.

When I go:

file/import/messages/Microsoft Outlook

I get this error message:

"Messages cannot be imported from the MAPI client. Mapi is not installed on this computer or an error occurred while initializing it."

Can you please tell me if this procedure is possible?

A:Importing Outlook PST file into Windows Mail?

Hi Kiaorana
Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

You need to have Outlook installed on the computer. Is it installed?
What version of Outlook are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-outlook-pst-file-into-windows-mail.825324/
Relevancy 99.76%

I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. I have copied my Contacts file from my old Vista computer and input the file to the new computer. The file is labeled Contacts in my Library. I can open it and see all my contacts there. But, when I got to Windows Live Mail, click on Contacts, then Inport, then on Address Book for current Windows User, and then OK, the contacts are not imported. I can't figure out how to get them into my contacts into my new Windows Live Mail. Help!

A:Importing Contacts from Vista to Windows Live Mail in Windows 7

Welcome to the Seven Forums, GAN.

In WLM the contacts are located in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Contacts\Default\15.5 but the Folder may appear empty unless the Protected O.S Files are unhidden.

As you were using WLM on the old Vista Computer you should copy the contacts file in this folder and you shall have all your contacts in W 7 WLM.

Alternately if you have the old .wab file preserved somewhere then you can browse to it via the Import Tab by clicking on Windows Address Book and import your contact.

The third method is to export your existing contacts as a .csv file and then import it to WLM in a like manner.

Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/236128-importing-contacts-vista-windows-live-mail-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I have just transferred from a Windows XP PC to Vista PC and am trying to transfer all my past messages from Outlook Express into Windows Mail.

I have followed the option for File, import messages from OE6 Directory but the folders are not detected though they are present. Any ideas of how I can transfer the folders with previous messages?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/200965-importing-messages-outlook-express-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I just bought a new laptop because my old one was fried.

So I am using Windows 7 and bought Outlook 2010 to use for emails. Anyone know how I can import all of my old emails saved, account settings, etc, from Windows Mail on Vista? I have it all stored on an external harddrive. Tried to follow the steps that Outlook 2010 provides and it doesn't work.

Anyone have an idea?

A:Importing Emails into Outlook 2010 from Windows Mail

As for the Account settings, I would just reenter them manually.

I do NOT have 2010 installed, so I can not help with the others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-emails-into-outlook-2010-from-windows-mail.932486/
Relevancy 99.76%

Know any software that does this automatically?

I know the manual approach by editing the registry in Notepad, but prefer not to do it like that.

Relevancy 99.76%

good afternoon. I'm looking for idiot-proof step by step instructions to get my old outlook express emails from the old xp computer over to windows mail, or gmail for that matter, and then be able to read them in the same format (email address, date, subject). I've looked at some of the earlier threads, but the responses are either over my head, partial, or not applicable. does anyone have detailed step by step instructions for the whole process. i've seen drag and drop (which i'm obviously not doing correctly). i have an old backup version (thru jan 2009) on cd, but can't get windows mail to read them from there. I also have an external hitachi lifestudio harddrive.

A:importing outlook express files to windows mail

Try the following and see if it assists you: Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't work, please explain where and how it failed and post any error messages exactly word-for-word. Also verify that none of the exceptions listed near the bottom apply (exceptions that prevent the process from working).

Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/283188-importing-outlook-express-files-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I have read the previous threads on this subject but when I am on the Windows Live Mail page there is no File to click on, apart from the one which belongs to the Browser. What am I doing wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-outlook-express-messages-into-windows-mail.887244/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hard drive died so decided to installl windows 7 on new hard drive.

OOPS, no email.

Was using outlook on vista. Can I upgrade to new outlook 2010. Or what is windows mail or windows live mail like.

Any advice appreciated/

A:Help - Windows Mail or Windows Mail Live or Outlook 2010

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/email

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-mail-or-windows-mail-live-or-outlook-2010.935844/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi all I have not been able to figure this out I am trying to import a bunch of local folders with old messages I want to keep from an install of Outlook Express on another computer to my current Windows Mail install I can't seem to do it I use Import gt messages from the file menu then OE then I get the box that says quot store folders or quot identities quot - but identities is grayed out So go with store folders browse to the store folder which I have copied off the other computer and it says it can't find any messages in that folder They are there All the offline dbx files I created in OE are in this folder but I guess it's looking for eml files or something If anyone knows how to do this help would be appreciated I can always re-create the folders on my desktop on the old machine and from inside OE drag each group out and into a folder - which converts them into eml But I have folders to do Hoping there's a better way TIA --ch

A:Windows Mail - importing local folders from Outlook Express

Is the old computer part of your network, I don't know if it would work but can't you do a File Transfer Wizard, I think that's what it's called between the two, you didn't say what OS the other computer is using.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/210099-windows-mail-importing-local-folders-outlook-express.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi there,

can anyone advise me the easiest way to export windows mail emails into outlook 2010?

I have lots of folders with emails in so I would like to keep the folder structure if possible.

Thanks in advance, Jay

A:Exporting emails from windows mail and importing into outlook 2010

Hello jay76,
Please peruse the links below.

Export Windows Live Mail email, contacts, and calendar data to Outlook

Import email messages from Windows Live Mail - Outlook - Office.com

Migrate from Outlook Express or Windows (Live) Mail to Outlook | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/209612-exporting-emails-windows-mail-importing-into-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have Outlook 2016 installed as part of Office on my Windows 10 computer and would like to import the 2016 contacts and calendar to the Windows 10 Mail app. I have searched to web for instructions for doing so but have not found an answer. I intend to use the Mail app on a W10 machine without Office installed.

Can this be done and how do I go about doing it?

Thank you very much.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68710-importing-calendar-contacts-outlook-2016-windows-10-mail.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I am trying to import my inbox from 2007 Outlook Trial Version to Live Mail. When I use the import feature -

File - Import - Messages

It asks "select the format you want ti import email from" but only shows the following options; -

Microsoft Outlook Express 6
Windows Live Mail
Windows Mail

When I try Outlook Express option, it doesn't work - any suggestions?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/268519-2007-outlook-trial-transfer-mail-live-mail.html
Relevancy 98.47%

please help me
what my pop and other outgoing and income servers

Relevancy 97.61%

Hello All!
I am having a heck of a time importing email messages from Vista Windows Mail. This is my situation: I have a new laptop with Windows 7, I have Outlook 2007 installed on it. I have backed up data from the old hard drive using an IDE to USB cable and Cobian Backup Black Moon Edition. When I try to import the address book and the messages, it imports the address book, but not the messages. Can anyone help me to figure out another way to do this, or if there are other settings that I need to change in order to make this happen.

A:Need help importing email messages into Outlook 2007 from Windows Mail Files

It is best to export the messages from Winmail, then import them into Outlook.

Not sure how you backed up your Winmail.

Also see this
http://www.vista4beginners.com/migrate-to-Outlook-2007-and-Windows-Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-importing-email-messages-into-outlook-2007-from-windows-mail-files.901517/
Relevancy 96.32%

I have tried to import a csv & a vcf file into Live Mail. I get a message that the vcf file isn't correct & I get only the A's & B's imported with the csv file. All of the contacts are in Excel when I open it. I have a little over 200 contacts. Anyone know what I can do?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/42619-trouble-importing-csv-file-live-mail.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I have just installed Microsoft Essentials 2010's Mail and Messenger functions and would like to import my Outlook 2010 Calendar entries. So far, I've not found a way to do this. Can someone help me out?

Thank you.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/32618-importing-calendar-live-essentials-mail.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I have tried to import a csv & a vcf file into Live Mail. I get a message that the vcf file isn't correct & I get only the A's & B's imported with the csv file. All of the contacts are in Excel when I open it. I have a little over 200 contacts. Anyone know what I can do?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/42619-trouble-importing-csv-file-live-mail.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Looking for anyone out there in the virtual world that knows how to put my old e-mail folders and messages into the windows live mail. My old laptop AC port stop working.....so took info off of old hard drive to external hard drive to new computer but can't seem to put all e-mail folders and messages into new computer. They are both windows 7 operating systems. Also have a vista laptop and can't seem to put it in there either.
All help appreciation and thanks in advance!
Christine

A:transferring e-mail messages and folders from windows mail to windows live mail

Create a folder on your Desktop. Drag the Windows Mail messages into the folder. Now drag the messages in the folder to Windows Live Mail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/transferring-e-mail-messages-and-folders-from-windows-mail-to-windows-live-mail-583847.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello helpful people I'm trying to migrate my Outlook Express email messages from my old XP laptop which suffered a motherboard death last week I've got the hard drive connected via external enclosure to my Vista Ultimate -bit desktop I didn't have any trouble getting Windows Mail to locate the dbx files and import the appropriate folders but when Outlook info messages importing column into Account Missing Express when Mail from Windows I add the quot Account quot column to the message view there is no data in there I've got accounts funneling email into this program so it's rather critical Missing Account column info when importing messages from Outlook Express into Windows Mail that I have the information readily available in the window I read somewhere that anti-virus software might be removing the data so I tried the import with my anti-virus and Windows Defender both disabled and still no luck Thinking it made a difference once before when upgrading my hard drive I tried doing the import with all the Missing Account column info when importing messages from Outlook Express into Windows Mail account information set up under quot Tools Missing Account column info when importing messages from Outlook Express into Windows Mail quot -- quot Accounts quot and then again without any set up at all Same result both ways Anyone have any ideas how to get the import to include the Account column information Much appreciated Thank you

A:Missing Account column info when importing messages from Outlook Express into Windows Mail

Well, looks like no one has a solution for me. Does anyone else have this problem? Am I all alone here? :o)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210392/missing-account-column-info-when-importing-messages-from-outlook-express-into-windows-mail/
Relevancy 94.6%

I am trying to replicate my Comcast email service that I use on a desktop to a laptop. It runs in Windows Live Mail. I do not have a Windows Essential account nor do I want one.

I have downloaded WLM and installed in the laptop. Comcast runs fine but of course I am missing my contacts. I have exported the contacts from the desktop to a csv file and moved the file to the laptop. When I import that file, it only records in WLM 79 of the 649 records that are in the csv file (I looked). During the inport, I checked the mapping and all fields matched perfectly.

Both machines are running Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit on desktop, 32 bit on laptop) and IE9 browser.

Please advise. Thanks.

A:Importing csv file into Live Mail misses over half of contacts

SeattleRust,

A workaround would be to create multiple (10?) csv files from your original and import each separately. Not pretty, but it might isolate one bad entry causing the difficulty. If you get a partial import on any of the csv files, you can whittle it down in a similar fashion (creating multiple files from the 'broken' one)

Who knows - maybe there's a character problem hiding or a length is off. I also know that categories don't import - so perhaps there is an extraneous field that WLM doesn't like.

At least you'll have more than 79 contacts out of 649.

Good luck.

Peace!

Quote: Originally Posted by seattlerust

When I import that file, it only records in WLM 79 of the 649 records that are in the csv file (I looked). During the inport, I checked the mapping and all fields matched perfectly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/228154-importing-csv-file-into-live-mail-misses-over-half-contacts.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Since intalling win7/64 I have been using Windows Live Mail as my e-mail application. It allows me to access mail from my ISP provider (verizon) and from my Hotmail accounts in the one application. Perhaps I am coming a bit late to the game, but I have just learned about Outlook.com.

I do not twitter; I am not on facebook or other social media sites. Is there some advantage in my switching to Outlook.com. Is it in fact an alternative to Live Mail; or am I understanding it wrong? Is it perhaps just a question of "converting" my Hotmail account to Outlook.com and leaving Live Mail in place?

Can someone straighten me out?

A:Windows Live Mail or Outlook.com

In the interest of continuing to use an application instead of relying on a web browser, I recommend Mozilla Thunderbird:

Mozilla Thunderbird

It can do what you're doing now and it may be better than Windows Live Mail in some respects.

That's all I really know though because I actually use Microsoft Outlook 2003.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/278244-windows-live-mail-outlook-com.html
Relevancy 92.88%

June was the date MS started migrating Outlook com accounts to the sync protocol supported by all MS messaging products POP and IMAP are still supported Two of my three Outlook com accounts Windows New Mail live and (WLM) Outlook.com have been migrated The symptom on my machine was New Outlook.com and Windows live Mail (WLM) that I could not connect to the server - sometimes this just requires trying to connect again or entering your password in the dialog Expecting some transition issues I tried the above and then visited Outlook New Outlook.com and Windows live Mail (WLM) com POP was disabled If you use POP in WLM you'll need to configure POP support again in Outlook com after your account has been updated Settings gt Options gt POP and IMAP I don't have any WLM acounts that use IMAP The only thing I see that has changed is the server address but I don't think that is a required change right now though it might be in the future if MS consolidates all servers to one server imap-mail outlook com Port Encryption method SSL The image shows my Outlook com POP settings you might not want to allow apps devices to delete messages That setting adds a layer of protection - a delete in a client moves the eMail to a special POP folder you have to visit Outlook com to actually delete the mail It's sort of redundant if you configure the client to NOT delete mail on the server but Note that the server addresses have changed the previous pop live com and smtp live com ports and secure settings still work though The one interesting change is on SMTP - the secure setting is TLS not SSL WLM doesn't seem to have a way to specify TLS but SSL still works for now I also entered the new server addresses pop-mail outlook com amp smtp-mail outlook com in my WLM account configuration but reverted to the previous server addresses pop live com amp smtp live com when that did not initially solve the credentials issue The changes I made to WLM were unnecessary and were only to test what works with the new Outlook com and what doesn't There might be some lag between enabling POP in outlook com and WLM being able to connect authorize just try again in a while my st account took about minutes my nd account was almost immediate On my nd account I simply logged into Outlook com and enabled POP - I did not make any changes to WLM On a side note it's worth reviewing all settings in the new Outlook com I found things that I changed Manage add-ons I uninstalled all that I was allowed to uninstall Offline settings After you turn on offline access you can use this computer when it's not connected to a network Great I was wondering if I could use my computer when it's not connected to a network Under Calendar options there's this oddity I checked the box and it displayed my time zone Good for travelers I guess Treat the new Outlook com as a new eMail client - check all of your settings Additional inofrmation Set up an email app with Outlook com - Outlook com Help

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/54102-new-outlook-com-windows-live-mail-wlm.html
Relevancy 92.88%

The hard drive in my old computer running Windows 7 Premium died and I ended up purchasing a Windows 10 machine. I did a back up a month before the hard drive crashed and I don't know if it is possible at all to somehow find the contacts from the System Backup I did and transfer them into Outlook?
Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/69479-windows-live-mail-outlook.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi people, I am an IT guy without too much experience in Outlook, I have someone needing me to take a look at something for him tomorrow. It seems that when he imports his email from the email server to outlook, not all messages are being transferred. He's also getting low memory errors, but I'm not sure if the two are relevant. I'm quickly trying to catch up in importing in Outlook but any quick tips would be much appreciated. Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-e-mail-issues-in-outlook.648249/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hey guys

So apparently at least Outlook should have the ability to run scripts when it finds a certain keyword in incoming mail, but I cannot find the option for it? Some help please?

And may it be possible on WLM as well?

Thanks alot!

A:Getting Outlook (or Windows Live Mail) to run scripts

In Outlook, you can do this by means of a rule.

Look under Tools > Rules and Alerts... > Email Rules tab, then click "New Rule..." and you will see a number of ready-made templates and also the opportunity to start from a blank rule.

If you take the blank rule option, for instance by choosing "Check messages when they arrive", you'll see that "with specific words in the body" is one thing you can ask Outlook to look out for.

You can tell Outlook to perform specific actions when it sees the word you specify, like deleting the message, or filing it in a particular folder, and so on. One of the options is for Outlook to run a script, which sounds like what you are looking for

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/99601-getting-outlook-windows-live-mail-run-scripts.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I know just enough to mess things up so please be patient Old computer Win XP and Outlook Express quit working Purchased a new computer with Windows and Windows Live Mail Micro Center suggested try to remove old HD and use an USB to IDE adapter to recover letters photos etc Worked like a charm Express Live Windows Outlook to Mail ??????? Tried to recover OE mail and import into WLM Followed directions I found on the web to find the OE dbx files on Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail ??????? the old drive After much searching and drilling down I found the dbx files in local settings application data Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail ??????? etc copied them to a scandisc cruzer I opened WLM and went to the import mail it asked where to find files and Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail ??????? I went to browse and the drive that scandisc was in now the problems begin The browse window in WLM finds the drive but shows nothing on it Check the computer for that drive and inbox sent and all the rest are there but it will not show up in the WLM browse window I created a new file on the scandisk and placed all the dbx files in it now back to WLM import the browse window finds the new file I created great next I get an error message quot No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open quot I could use some advice on what I'm doing wrong thanks

A:Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail ???????

Problem solved from post by RichC and StevenD on 6-17-2010 Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/159600-outlook-express-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I am using Windows live Mail on a Windows Laptop I have email accounts that I use regularly In Windows Live Mail each account has it s own entry complete with Inbox Drafts Sent Items Windows Mail Live Outlook v Express Junk and Deleted items folders There is also a Windows Live Mail Outbox Drafts Sent items Deleted items plus Storage folders including Drafts Sent items and Deleted items These storage folders appear Windows Live Mail v Outlook Express to be redundant as nothing is ever sent to them Windows Live Mail v Outlook Express or saved in them Below the storage folder there is the Imported folder which includes Local folders Drafts Mail etc which were imported from my old Email Client Outlook Express When I use any of my email accounts messages are dropped into there own individual Inbox and Sent items folder relevant to the email account being used This means I have to check each of the separate email accounts to get my mail Prior to using Windows I used Outlook Express which had just one Inbox Sent items folder etc which was used by all of my email accounts Is there any way to set up Windows Live Mail like Outlook Express with just one Inbox Outbox etc for all my email accounts Thanks Jan

A:Windows Live Mail v Outlook Express

Not that I know of. Windows Live Mail is the "new and improved" replacement for Outlook Express.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/26698-windows-live-mail-v-outlook-express.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Can someone help me? I need to import my address book and emails from Outlook Express Ver. 6 on an XP computer to Windows live mail on a Windows 8 computer. Nothing I try seems to work. Microsquish's Help is worse than useless. I go to the "People" APP and it wants me to type in all my contacts one at a time. How sucky is that when I have hundreds of contacts?

A:Outlook Express to Windows 8 live mail

Hello MontagueMarty,Found while Googling.Disclaimer: I have not personally tried this, so I'm not sure it will work. Import Mail and Account Settings from Outlook Express in Windows Live Mail .How to Import Your Outlook Express Address Book into Windows Live Mail .I'd be interested in hearing if you are successful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483353/outlook-express-to-windows-8-live-mail/
Relevancy 92.02%

I need a good email program as I am tired of logging on just to check if there are new emails. I know that Outlook is considered the numero uno program for managing emails, but I've also heard of Windows Live Mail, that it is the reincarnation of Outlook Express which personally I've never liked and never used, is considered quite capable of getting the job done, and it is also free, unlike the quite expensive Outlook 2010 (as a part of the whole Office 2010 pack).

So, why do I need a costly program for handling emails if I can get one for free? Why do people praise Outlook so much when they have a free alternative?

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

A:Outlook 2010 vs Windows Live Mail

I have been using an email cliient since windows 98 and it has always been the client that came with the OS; Outlook Express, Windows Mail and now Windows Live Mail and never a problem. Lets think about this, its used to check mail, if it does that its good enough. People that say too slow, mail missing, does not work is just in peoples minds; it works fine. In answer to your question, I would suggest that you use any of these fine clients; bottom line they are all the same
Before, I get the response that Windows Live Mail does not come with the system, I know that.

Any of these will suit your needs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/98061-outlook-2010-vs-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I am trying to export messages from Windows Live Mail Live Outlook to 2013 Windows Mail MS to Outlook Note I exported from Windows Mail Vista to Windows Live Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook 2013 Mail Windows I still have my old Vista machine with all my emails in Windows Mail I do Open Microsoft Outlook Open Windows Live Mail In the Windows Live Mail window click Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook 2013 the File button and select Exportand then select Email messages Select Microsoft Exchange as the format and then click Next You will see a message that all email will be exported to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange click Ok to continue This is where nothing happens except blink of the screen when I hit quot Ok quot it just goes back to step where the dialog box pops up to select Microsoft Exchange It exports nicely to Microsoft Windows Live Mail but when do Microsoft Exchange it does not even go to step to select All messages etc What am I dong wrong and or is there easier method to get all my email messages to Outlook please note the Note at top of page of still have emails on Vista machine Any suggestion - even to purchase a program to do this for me will be a help As did the export from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail before - redid it as - when moved my imported folder inbox messages to an folder just under imported folder as had like for some reason all in tree form as in subfolders all me messages subjects remained the same however the message itself all read the same thing - strange I know Thanks ahead of time David PS I new I should of migrated long time ago to Microsoft Outlook but always used Outlook Express then Windows Mail - so much greef nbsp

A:Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook 2013

What worked for me was a program called Address Magic Plus. Like you, I was trying to go from Windows Live to Outlook and this did it for me. The Plus version exports & imports your address book, email, etc. It was worth it to me. It supports many different email formats so you can use it for other programs if you decide to change later on. It can be found at: http://www.connectedsw.com/Overview/57262
Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-live-mail-to-ms-outlook-2013.192128/
Relevancy 92.02%

June was the date MS started migrating Outlook com accounts to the sync protocol supported by all MS messaging products POP Mail Outlook.com Windows (WLM) Live New and Essentials and IMAP are still supported Two of my three Outlook com accounts have been migrated New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM) The symptom on my machine was that I could not connect to the server - sometimes New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM) this just requires trying to connect again or entering your password in the dialog Expecting some transition issues I tried the above and then visited Outlook com POP was disabled If you use POP in WLM you'll need to configure POP support again in Outlook com after your account has been updated Settings gt Options gt POP and IMAP I don't have any WLM acounts that use IMAP The only thing I see that has changed is the server address but I don't think that is a required change right now though it might be in the future if MS consolidates all servers to one server imap-mail outlook com Port Encryption method SSL The image shows my Outlook com POP settings you might not want to allow apps devices to delete messages That setting adds a layer of protection - a delete in a client moves the eMail to a special POP folder you have to visit Outlook com to actually delete the mail It's sort of redundant if you configure the client to NOT delete mail on the server but Note that the server addresses have changed the previous pop live com and smtp live com ports and secure settings still work though The one interesting change is on SMTP - the secure setting is TLS not SSL WLM doesn't seem to have a way to specify TLS but SSL still works for now I also entered the new server addresses pop-mail outlook com amp smtp-mail outlook com in my WLM account configuration but reverted to the previous server addresses pop live com amp smtp live com when that did not initially solve the credentials issue The changes I made to WLM were unnecessary and were only to test what works with the new Outlook com and what doesn't There might be some lag between enabling POP in outlook com and WLM being able to connect authorize just try again in a while my st account took about minutes my nd account was almost immediate On my nd account I simply logged into Outlook com and enabled POP - I did not make any changes to WLM On a side note it's worth reviewing all settings in the new Outlook com I found things that I changed Manage add-ons I uninstalled all that I was allowed to uninstall Offline settings After you turn on offline access you can use this computer when it's not connected to a network Great I was wondering if I could use my computer when it's not connected to a network Under Calendar options there's this oddity I checked the box and it displayed my time zone Good for travelers I guess Treat the new Outlook com as a new eMail client - check all of your settings Additional inofrmation Set up an email app with Outlook com - Outlook com Help

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/54102-new-outlook-com-windows-essentials-live-mail-wlm.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I had Outlook 2K on my old compute(which died on me) and now I have Windows 7 x64 and I would like to import the information from my old hard drive containing my Outlook 2000 information into Windows Live 2011. Can I do this? If so how? I have the old hard drive installed in an external enclosure. Thanks to all who respond.

Dan Leppanen

A:Outlook 2000 and Windows Live Mail

Google "pst to eml".

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/168785-outlook-2000-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I have many folders and messages in my outlook express account that I would like to import into my windows live mail account. the outlook express is on an xp machine and the windows live mail is on a 64 bit windows 7 OS. I have been attempting to solve this all day and was able to zip the outlook express folder and email it to myself but the windows 7 will not allow me to access the file ( potential harmful file) any ideas?

thanks

A:Outlook express to windows live mail

Are you sure Windows mail can deal with a zip file when importing?

Can you export from Outlook Express to your hard drive?

General advice: the export/import capabilities of mail programs are clunky and very shaky. If possible, export as few folders as you can stand to do.

If you open Windows Mail and go to its import function, is there a direct choice for OE?

I went through what you are trying last spring and don't recall how I resolved it.
I can tell you I did not like Windows Mail. I chose to go with Thunderbird and have no regrets. It can be configured to be very very similar to OE.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/35739-outlook-express-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I have a Windows 7 OS.

Windows Live Mail came with the HP Desktop.

I installed Windows 2007 business suite.

I now use Outlook for my e mail.

Can I safelly uninstall Windows Live Mail?

I do not need any of the features, including Live messenger.

A:Microsoft Outlook vs Windows Live Mail

Yes, you can uninstall it. Use Control Panel, Programs, and remove Windows Live Essentials and then remove any 'Live' programs you don't want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-vs-windows-live-mail.907484/
Relevancy 91.59%

Microsoft is quot upgrading quot people s nbsp outlook com hotmail com live com nbsp and msn com accounts to a new Outlook com built upon nbsp the latest Office infrastructure which is INcompatible nbsp with Live Mail and presumably older versions e-mail 2012 Windows stop Mail Live of Microsoft-based to support as well nbsp Effective late June Windows Live Mail will no longer synchronize emails contacts and calendar events from these email accounts Windows Live Mail 2012 to stop support of Microsoft-based e-mail People who use Windows Live Mail to connect to other email services including Gmail Yahoo Mail or other services that use POP or IMAP protocols do not need to take action nbsp Is this another veiled attempt to force users to quot upgrade quot from Windows Users can still access their e-mail via their web browser s nbsp nbsp Or they can use the new Outlook com nbsp and or a Mail nbsp app on Windows nbsp https blogs office com using-windows-live-mail- -with-outlook-com-time-to-update-your-email-application https support office Windows Live Mail 2012 to stop support of Microsoft-based e-mail com en-us article Windows-Live-Mail- -will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com- b - b- bbb- ca-f ec f e fd

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19963174
Relevancy 91.59%

I can receive mail and send mail but the target does not receive it, I get no error message but my sent box says it was sent, this has been going on now for about at least three weeks, I have sent mail out of roadrunner direct with no problem, I have been using this program for about three years with no problem, tec.service at roadrunner say's no problem at there end all boxes are set correctly, I have been running 2 e-mail accounts for about 2 years no problem both accounts having same problem with sending, windows tec. was no help on their 800 # other to tell me that they did not up grade windows live mail.

any one else having this particular problem? I am here to listen, bill j

A:windows 7 32bit live mail with time warner wi rr/ sending e-mail

try to send one to yourself and see if it goes and comes back.
Also you can try a repair of WLM
to do this go to program and features in control panel
Double click Windows Live Essentials
It will give you an option to repair besides uninstall
pick the repair one
once it is done send the email again to yourself first to see if it goes

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/280885-windows-7-32bit-live-mail-time-warner-wi-rr-sending-e-mail.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I have several mail accounts I have now created HTML mail signatures incl a logo and attached them to different mail accounts Problem If I create a new email then no matter what mail accounts is set it will always put in the default mail signature So I looked in forums and removed the auto insert signature in all emails as someone suggested BUT Problem If I create a new email I have to insert it manually myself work Mail Live doesnt in client signatures Windows Mail When I do it here the insert menu has the choice of signatures Problem If I insert the one with the image the image is not shown only the object frame And there is no image in the final email in the receivers inbox When I do it here the insert menu has the choice of signatures ONLY if I REPLY on Mail signatures doesnt work in Windows Live Mail client an already received email and then click insert mail signature THEN the mail signature comes correct with the image Here the insert Mail signatures doesnt work in Windows Live Mail client menu only has signature the one attached to the mail account Has anyone found the reason and solution for this MICROSOFT PS its on Windows

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/302116-mail-signatures-doesnt-work-windows-live-mail-client.html
Relevancy 91.59%

In recent days I was asked by ATT.net Yahoo to change my password and did. Windows Live Mail will not allow a password (anything..?) change... and simply reverts to what was. I need to correct the password each time it opens and am able to receive receive mail, but.. WLM will not change...???

A:Windows Live Mail password request to recieve my ATT/Yahoo mail

See if this link will help

Windows Live Mail 2011 - Changing Your Saved Email Password

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/298205-windows-live-mail-password-request-recieve-my-att-yahoo-mail.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi,
I want to set Windows Live Mail as a default mail client. I know this can be done manually. But how can I do this in automated way, or is there any registry setting by which i can do that.
Thanks

Abhishek

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/affbbf51-5db9-4f1e-bc46-afbb63c4895d/how-to-set-windows-live-mail-as-a-default-mail-client-using-command-prompt?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I have been using WLM for some years Yesterday it stopped sending emails and now just leaves them in the Outbox Here is most of what appears in the error box The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address The sender's email address was 'xxxx yyyy com' Subject 'Newsflash' Server Error Server Response Sorry send error no Can e-mail 0x800ccc78 Windows Mail, with longer Live over your daily relay limit Server 'smtpout secureserver net' Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL No I don't send many emails and don't send emails with large attachments so I don't know why the quot over your daily relay limit quot message appears Port has worked for a long time and works sends emails from the other computers on the network so it doesn't seem like I should need to select a different port number The quot My server requires authentication quot box is selected ticked None of the settings have been changed for a long time Our ISP is GoDaddy Thanks for any advice

A:Can no longer send e-mail with Windows Live Mail, error 0x800ccc78

have you changed your isp ?
what firewall and AV are you using ?

have you tried running through all your settings from the godaddy setup page .........

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/260446-can-no-longer-send-e-mail-windows-live-mail-error-0x800ccc78.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Please need to solve at this time the following and believe I need the server settings and other info I am a dunce with Windows and it never did play well with Comcast just that with XP I could fumble it into place myself Now the Comcast techs are lost or just do not want to help me reconfigure Live settings Windows needed server Mail/Comcast/mail it into Windows Live Mail as the whole problem was created by their instructions on how to set up pay on line Incredible hmm Windows Live Mail/Comcast/mail server settings needed The connection to the server has failed Subject Re Find your true friend Server smtp comcast net Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC E Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL No Socket Error Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail Napolina account The host comcast net could not be found Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly Server comcast net Windows Live Mail Windows Live Mail/Comcast/mail server settings needed Error ID x CCC D Protocol POP Port Secure SSL Yes Socket Error Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast TanToes account Windows Live Mail/Comcast/mail server settings needed The host could not be found Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly Server Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC D Protocol POP Port Secure SSL No Socket Error nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi all I m about to install a new HDD and thought that would be the opportune time to upgrade to Windows since having XP at the moment means it Importing history Outlook mail Express s a complete format anyway I will Importing Outlook Express mail history be keeping my old HDD afterwards since this has all my data on a separate partition My issue is what to do about email I Importing Outlook Express mail history see that OE is not supplied in Windows Using another email client isn t a problem and I think Thunderbird looks fairly similar in style to OE so will probably go that route However I have several years of filed business emails that I really need to keep and be able to access occasionally These are retained in various folders within my OE client and I keep a copy of the OE folders and contents as part of my weekly backup Most of the import options assume OE is on the PC and you are therefore importing straight from OE into Thunderbird However as a new install my OE will be zapped and I will only have my backup files After I install Windows what s the best way to import these OE folders and messages into a new client - is it even possible Hope that makes sense Any advice appreciated on this Thanks Andrew

A:Importing Outlook Express mail history

Read this article: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums...fc-9840161bc249

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275169/importing-outlook-express-mail-history/
Relevancy 91.59%

Greetings I need help importing or associating pst data with a profile Actually I'm not sure if importing importing contacts 2002 Outlook into mail & Help the pst is the right way to do it Details My old computer crashed Someone gave me a new one new to me at least Running XP Home on a Toshiba laptop I have installed Office XP and am interested in re-populating Outlook XP I had a million problems with getting my mail settings working Along the way I made a new Profile by way of Start Control Panel Help importing contacts & mail into Outlook 2002 Mail and Bingo All mail settings were healed But with a new empty profile Now I have two profiles One is called quot Outlook quot which has contacts an Inbox with many sub-folders sent Help importing contacts & mail into Outlook 2002 mail etc But the mail settings do not work I get quot Operation Failed quot and the test e-mail Help importing contacts & mail into Outlook 2002 settings fails to authenticate ANYway the quot Outlook quot profile is populated and has bad mail settings Took about hours to import this data The other that I made is quot Carl quot but it's essentially empty except for the fresh e-mail it successfully accepted from my e-mail accounts I just backed this profile up as a pst file in order to save the mail after whatever brilliant ideas I get and try lol My current challenge is to somehow import all the stuff mail contacts Inbox and sub-folders into the quot Carl quot profile either from the quot Outlook quot profile or from the month old pst file WITHOUT messing-up my now working e-mail settings Then perhaps delete the quot Outlook quot profile or just let it sit I'd like to do this in the most efficient way My old pst file is on an external drive I am about to copy them to the new computer's hard drive for future speedy access After all this I want to Import other files which I save called quot Archive quot quot Archive quot and quot Archive quot Like everything this is probably easy once you know how -lol I'd love some step-by-step directions Thank you in advance Dr Carl

A:Help importing contacts & mail into Outlook 2002

Just few tidbits, not a comprehensive answer at all, and based on Outlook 2003 and not 2002:

Few outpost files are in
C:\Documents and Settings\<userName>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
Files I see are outcmd.dat, Outlook.NK2, ourlook.srs, outlook.xml, outlPRT. No idea what they are.

.pst file and archive.pst are in
C:\Documents and Settings\<userName>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
also here are extend.dat, mailbox.PAB, outlook.log

Outlook.pst contains contacts and mails in one bundle.
I once made changes, and had to reimport contacts and it wasn't easy. I actually had to make another layer in Contacts, so I have some empty Outlook thing and under it is my contacts list. Unfortuanately don't recall the details

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236934/help-importing-contacts-mail-into-outlook-2002/
Relevancy 91.16%

clearlyclueless said I to contacts Mail from Live Hotmail Export E-mail Windows m trying to transfer my Windows Live Mail e-mail contacts to Hotmail I ve converted them all to a csv file kb When I import them to Hotmail only the names get transferred not the e-mail addresses Any ideas Thanks Click to expand This thread was previously closed due to lack of answers however I found a solution When importing a csv file into Hotmail the email address field is expected as quot E-mail Address quot however in the csv file created by Windows Live Mail the email address field is quot Email Address quot Note the missing hyphen This means that the email address is not transferred over to Hotmail The solution is to edit the csv file using Notepad - simply add the hyphen to the top line of the csv file save the file and import it into Hotmail If you have the Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail same problem with other fields a useful test to see what field names Hotmail expects is to export a contact from Hotmail and then inspect the csv file which is created using Notepad nbsp

A:Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail

Thanks for that, but tips and fixes not in reponse to any specific member should be posted here: http://forums.techguy.org/25-tech-tips-tricks/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-e-mail-contacts-from-windows-live-mail-to-hotmail.1052247/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have used the same email programme on this computer for 2 years with no problems. For the last week or so my emails have taken forever to download, half and hour or more.

There is plenty of capacity on my webmail account which is where messages are downloaded from, and according to the little information box WLW is 'aware' of the messages to be downloaded, and list 'downloading 17 messages' or whatever number; no error message appears, it just takes a-g-e-s. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Please no suggestions to download some other better mail programme - I'm happy with this one when it is working!

Many thanks

A:Windows Live Mail suddenly downloading mail very slowly

I would first try the simple thing of resetting(power cycle) your network equipment. Unplug the power cord(s) to both the modem and router or just the one cord if its a combo modem/router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that boot; then plug the router back in and let that boot. Try this out and see what happens. If it doesnt resolve the issue post back and we can take it from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/348856-windows-live-mail-suddenly-downloading-mail-very-slowly.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Windows Live Mail 2011 - recipients not receiving mail
About 10% of my e-mail recipients are not receiving my e-mail and I do not receive non-delivery notices. Makes no difference if I select their address from my e-mail list or select respond to one of their incoming messages. This problem has plagued me for many months. I changed from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail 2011 with no results.

Computer is HP Model m9517c, AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core processor, Vista 64 bit operating system with Service Pack 2, 8 GB RAM. Am using Windows Live Mail 2011 with Comcast Internet Service.

The people not receiving my e-mail are using Verizon, Earthlink and probably others. Two of my Verizon accounts changed over to gmail and email went through.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

A:Windows Live Mail 2011 - recipients not receiving mail

Welcome
Of course, I cannot offer a definitive answer, but merely give the most like first.
Lets say you are sending from Verizon.com and you send to Yahoo.com Yahoo may have been receiving a lot of spam from Verizon and do not allow their email. Tell your friends to put you on the safe list and see if that helps.
Another possibility, is that you may have someone else's address. It may be very close to a correct address with only a small difference. YOu would not get an non delivered notice.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295327-windows-live-mail-2011-recipients-not-receiving-mail.html
Relevancy 91.16%

i have windows 7 and recently began using the upgraded windows live mail 2011 - after a hard drive crash i had to reinstall everything - however i haven't been able to transfer all of my e-mails over from my backup computer or external hard drive - after waiting a few hours it comes back and asks me if i want to copy all files without their properties which effectively means i cannot transfer those e-mails with the contents - can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

A:windows live mail 2011 - e-mail properties won't transfer

What email program is on your old machine?

If you're going to be trying stuff to get your old mail on your new Win7, be sure to make a backup of all your old mail folders before you do, and put the backup file where you'll know where it is. Probably on your old machine desktop, wouldn't hurt to put another copy on your Win7 desktop as well. Loss hurts!

Questions... are you able to do an "Import" from X, (X being the location of your old (or previous) emails?

Are you able to do an "Export" of the same emails to a file?

Does Windows Live Mail 2011 have the option to "Import emails From" or "Export" to?

One thing you can do is: make a COPY of your old "Inbox" folder and place it, (the "COPY"), on your current Win 7 desktop. Have Windows Live Mail copy it from there. If when you do, it does not then contain items such as "attachments, etc., you could simply delete all the emails in it and try something else. Your original (old emails) are still where they always were, on your other machine or external drive.

My machine is a dual/boot Windows Vista & Windows7. For email I use Windows Mail on both. I know it is oft said that Windows Mail won't work on Win7, trust me it works just fine. The transfer of all my email folders from Vista to Win7 was a painless, simple, walk in the park. Everything transferred, folders and all, nothing was lost.

I'm not into Windows Live essential anything, mail included, and that's why I installed Windows Mail on Win7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-2011-e-mail-properties-wont-transfer-531471.html
Relevancy 91.16%

i send all my emails from the folder by right clicking and send to, mail recipient, but since installing windows 7 and windows live mail, when i do so the new message does not come to the front of the screen instead i have to go click on it in the start bar.... any ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-send-to-mail-reciepient-window-not-on-top-443302.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I upgraded to Windows Live Mail and now am unable to view my previous e-mails in my hot mail account that i have had for years. How do i retrieve these e-mails that i believe are still on the server?
Thanks all,
Mike

A:Downloaded Windows Mail Live - Lost All E-Mails In Hot Mail

Open live mail,click tools and click syncronize all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloaded-windows-mail-live-lost-all-e-mails-in-hot-mail.741032/
Relevancy 91.16%

After installing SP on my Vista Business OS laptop I could no longer send and receive all my mail in Windows Mail I had my BT Yahoo mail account set up to deliver all my mail to my POP inbox This included mail from other servers which could then be accessed through my Mail Inbox Several of the email addresses are used for a web page that I maintain on an Apache server and cannot be accessed in any other manner The other server that had mail forwarded to my Inbox can be accessed with HTTP and is not so important yet still irritating Microsoft's answer to problems Windows Live will forwarded accounts mail any access not Mail with the now unsupported apparently Windows Mail that all Vista users have paid for Windows Live Mail will not access any forwarded mail accounts seems to be exclusively to tell everyone to move to using Windows Live Mail So I downloaded it most reluctantly And it also does not work with these forwarded mail addresses Just keep getting asked for a password over and over I can go to the BT Yahoo server and send mail there out of these external addresses but it is Windows Live Mail will not access any forwarded mail accounts not possible to receive mail So is that it Microsoft Can I no longer access these accounts at all I would change to using Mozilla Thunderbird but it has no facility for importing my huge store of Windows Mail Messages Any suggestions anybody I have spent many hours on this and it is driving me demented All real help would be most appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/software/238778-windows-live-mail-will-not-access-any-forwarded-mail-accounts.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Dear Team I am Gyan And i am using windows live mail 2012 and in this application i have face some technical issue like --- Suppose i received a mail from [email protected] like below content
subject:- test mail
compose message:-  happy new year
if i forward this message to [email protected] then compose message not show in live mail receiver can not see my message in received mail. only signature he can see but they do not see my message that was i forward to him. And if i check same message on web
server like gmail then receiver can see the message so please suggest that where is block my message when i download the message.

Thanks Gyan Singh

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8cec4a2-8292-445d-aba7-d41d27d0cd11/forward-mail-content-not-show-in-windows-live-mail?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 91.16%

Okay so a few years back I quot upgraded quot to Live Lost? the Are Windows Client Mail E-mail Files - Windows Live Mail because support for Outlook Express was gone by Windows Live Mail E-mail Client - Are the Files Lost? the wayside This was using Windows XP and I still have the original hard drive amp access to all of its files In making the transition at the time I backed up my active Outlook Express files to import into WLM should something go wrong with the native importing or should the process erase the original files or some other ridiculousness What I didn t do was make copies of my old archived email When the application turned out to be a huge mistake I learned that the files from Outlook Express had been taken over by WLM and were no longer accessible from OE I attempted to transition the archived E-mail from WLM to another client No luck Also attempting to find out from someone where the files from Windows Live Mail resided or what format they were in at the time resulted in absolutely no luck either It s years later and I still find use a couple times a month for the information I d had archived there Is there anyone here who can help me Or is this an absolutely lost cause Sincerely frustrated BGPhilbin nbsp

A:Windows Live Mail E-mail Client - Are the Files Lost?

So you've now lost access to all files, as you don't know where WLM stores them?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...es-saved/63217c8f-d773-4826-ab92-7f9189ef2870

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-live-mail-e-mail-client-are-the-files-lost.203937/
Relevancy 91.16%

I'm trying to transfer my Windows Live Mail e-mail contacts to Hotmail. I've converted them all to a csv file (5.65kb). When I import them to Hotmail only the names get transferred.....not the e-mail addresses. Any ideas? Thanks

A:Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail

Windows Live Mail is Hotmail, with a new look. So I am confused as to what you are trying to do.
It sounds like you created a whole new name for Windows Live Mail... you didn't need to do that.

If you just open Windows Live Mail and logon as the HotMail name you will see all of the contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-e-mail-contacts-from-windows-live-mail-to-hotmail.1043966/
Relevancy 91.16%

I would like to use Word 2007 Mail Merge to compose and send email messages. My email client is Windows Live Mail. I do not have Outlook. I do not need to access my WLM Contacts list. The email addresses I want to send messages to are in a column of the Word table that I am using as the Mail Merge data source. I have gone through all of the steps of a Mail Merge, including writing the email message, inserting data fields into it, and selecting recipients. The last step is to finish, merge, and send messages. I click on that step and nothing happens - no error message appears but no messages are sent. Any advice? It's possible this can't be done, but I am hoping it can.

--Jim--

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-and-word-2007-mail-merge-445028.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi, I just set up Windows Live Mail and am receiving this error when I attmept to send mail via GMail's IMAP service. All settings are correct according to GMail's instructions for IMAP use with Windows Mail. Here is a copy of Windows Live Mail's error message with the recipient changed to hide the personal ID of the original sender/designated recipient:

An unknown error has occurred.
Subject 'Re: An email from {blank}
Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

A:Windows Live Mail Outgoing / Send Mail Error

Go to the website of your ISP, they will show you how to set um WLM. Use their setting for sending. You can use the name of your Gmail account to show as the "send to" for replies.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/280772-windows-live-mail-outgoing-send-mail-error.html
Relevancy 91.16%

It has always been my belief that those who use Windows Mail or Windows Live mail and have it set to show the preview pane, will allow a potential virus to spread .Once you download and have it in the preview pane, it is the same as opening the email. Until I find out that this is not true, I have eliminated the preview pane, which can be done from the View Tab.

A:Window Live Mail Windows Mail and Similar Clients

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

It has always been my belief that those who use Windows Mail or Windows Live mail and have it set to show the preview pane, will allow a potential virus to spread .Once you download and have it in the preview pane, it is the same as opening the email. Until I find out that this is not true, I have eliminated the preview pane, which can be done from the View Tab.

I have done the same thing in Windows Live Mail, although mainly just because I find it annoying. If I need to read the email, I'll open it, I don't need it on display while I'm sorting old messages.

I'm pretty sure that you're right about viruses being able to spread through the preview pane. But doesn't Outlook also have this "feature"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/93026-window-live-mail-windows-mail-similar-clients.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I am trying to get all my yahoo and gmail messgaes to come to me through windows Live Mail, Gmail it is working fine, but for yahoo it is not it says Server Error 0x800CCC90, is there a possible fix for this

A:Windows Live Mail saying my password for Yahoo Mail is incorrect

Techtitan100, try logging on to yahoo mail directly, your password might have changed. Also check the settings to make sure that the pop connections are ok.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/295206-windows-live-mail-saying-my-password-yahoo-mail-incorrect.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have migrated all my mail messages from outlook express to Windows Live Mail.
Everything went OK, except that WLM won't import message from before august 20, 1997.
Any ideas?

A:Old outlook express message to Windows Live Mail

Welcome

Dont know what the problem but this is the correct import procedure. Is that what you are doing?
Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/91873-old-outlook-express-message-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I set up this brand new pc with Windows 7 last night and so far, I'm not a big fan. I really knew my way around windows xp....this is total culture shock. Where is everything? But I digress. I tried to set up Windows Live Mail as a replacement for Outlook Express. I followed the instructions exactly. The messages appeared to transfer, but in the end all I have is a bunch of empty folders. I tried several times. Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

A:Can't import Outlook Express into Windows Live Mail

Here's the tutorial from MSN:

Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express

More tutorials from MSN:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...dows-live-mail

Keep in mind, your imported messages should be showing up under "Storage Folders"

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/76868-cant-import-outlook-express-into-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Help Please

I have been experiencing problems with 'Windows Live Mail' so decided to migrate to 'Outlook'. I have managed to export/import accounts and messages. For some reason the export of contacts worked only as far as creating a CSV file though a few (say half a dozen) addresses did import OK.

My main problem though is that despite my setting 'Outlook' as the default mail client 'Windows Live Mail' is still grabbing it all. I have been loathe to remove the accounts totally from WLM as I still cannot import my contacts fully.

I have a nasty feeling that the continued presences of 'WLM' may well be why I cannot get 'Outlook' to operate correctly though I can send mail from it.

A:Windows Live Mail and Changing to Outlook - Problems.

are we talking MSOutlook as part of MSOffice - or Outlook Express..??

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/192960-windows-live-mail-changing-outlook-problems.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Well I have both installed on my computer and I use a hotmail account, I was wondering which one you think is better. I have heard that a lot of people don't like Windows Live Mail.

A:Should I use Windows Live Mail 2011 or Outlook 2007

'don't use LiveMail meself..
I think you can link your Hotmail Account to Outlook 2007 - or vice versa

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/148959-should-i-use-windows-live-mail-2011-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have purchased a new Vista based PC and have now successfully Express Outlook Mail Live From Windows to Moving moved all Moving From Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail my files to the new machine from my old XP machine almost I have many email messages in OE on the old machine that I want to put in Windows Live Mail WLM on the new machine I was able to move the contacts w o any issues but the SENT and INBOX are presenting a problem I copied the dbx files from the XP - OE machine onto a transfer drive I then attached it to the Vista machine and in WLM selected FILE IMPORT MESSAGES etc Unfortunately WLM cannot see the dbx files If fact it cannot see WLM only windows Mail I next manually got into USERS HOME APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WLM and found the SENT and INBOX directories and copied in the OE SENT and INBOX dbx files I went though the import process again in WLM to no avail I did notice that the WLM emails received on the new Vista PC are eml files So I am at a loss as to what to do as I really need the old emails and want to clear the drive on the old machine and donate Moving From Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail old machine to a local preschool that can really use it I have thought of two other possible solutions to my problem but wanted to hear from you st One solution would be to download WLM on the WXP computer and try to import on that OC with the hope that this would crate WLM - eml files that could then be copied over The other is to can the WLM and try Thunderbird as this may be a more seemless process than using WLM Thanks in advance for your assistance

A:Moving From Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail

Quick Temp Fix

Just create Folders (on old desktop) and put the sent or any other Outlook Express folders in your Docs...until you are able to get them into Windows Live Mail

Then donate the old machine or just keep your old drive and use a USB Hard Drive Enclosure or slave the old HDD to the new puter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/moving-from-outlook-express-to-windows-live-mail-388097.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have an XP computer which I want to upgrade to W7, so I have run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. Outlook Express is then no longer available but if I open Outlook Express then I get Windows Live Mail. So can I upgrade to W7 without problems and use Windows Live mail? And does anyone know a way to import that mail and the rest like contactperson to anther e-mail?

A:Outlook Express/Windows Live Mail W7 Upgrade?

A Google search turns up many items on that and how to do it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=impo...archBox&ie=&oe=

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/325580-outlook-express-windows-live-mail-w7-upgrade.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hey everyone,
My Grandmother just got her laptop in, and she has Win7 on it now, she had XP on her older computer. She has outlook express on her old computer, and now we are trying to set up Windows Live Mail for her new computer. How do i import all the settings from one computer to another? I wanted to take all of the contacts and groups that she created in OE, and transfer them to WLM. Does anyoen know how to do this? Any info at all would be extrememly useful.

Also, does anyone know the exact process for setting up WLM for a [email protected] email address. I am struggling with this, being a first attempt for me.

Thanks everyone,
Ben

A:Setting up Windows Live Mail from XP Outlook Express

You can export from Outlook Express and Import into Windows Live mail. Just note that teh email will NOT be in your inbox. THey will be found below in a "Storage Folders" folder with many subfolders you may have to dig through to find. This should make it easy to set up the account, it has links to find mail server names depending on where you live:
Article: How to: Set Up Windows Live Mail in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/70444-setting-up-windows-live-mail-xp-outlook-express.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I can not import my old contacts from Microsoft Outlook, to Microsoft Windows Live Mail. I open Live Mail, then go to Contacts page, then open "FILE" , then open "IMPORT", then try to select one of the types of files, such as CSV or Outlook, but NOINE of the file types are highlited, they are all grey, and you can NOT click on any of them.

Any ideas what is wrong??

A:Can NOT import contacts from Outlook to Windows Live Mail !

Forget even trying that. The closest you could import if possible would be from Vista's version of Windows Mail not from Outlook or Outlook Express. In WLM you simply have to manually add most of your usual contacts in or use the add name to contacts list when going to send the first mail out to someone. That can save time if you have a good number on the list.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/212817-can-not-import-contacts-outlook-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 90.73%

My old Windows XP computer has 'died' and so I purchased a new PC with Windows 7 installed. I used Outlook on my old PC and backed up my .pst file. I want to use Windows Live Mail but I cannot find a way of transferring my emails, contacts and calendar folders over to Windows Live Mail - it does not import .pst files. Because my old computer is broken I cannot convert the data into Outlook Express .dbx format.

Does anyone know how I can get round this problem?

A:Transfer Outlook folders to Windows Live Mail

try using thunderbird its a good client for email

you should have a trail version of outlook - set that up to use outlook Microsoft Outlook 2010 - Email and calendar software - Office.com
Sometimes PCs come with a full version of msoffice - including outlook - although recently they have changed to started edition without a lot of programs included

now install thunderbird Thunderbird - Software made to make email easier
thunderbird should see outlook as the default client and ask if you want to import all the email, contact etc

I have tried on 2003 and a trail of 2007 and this has worked really well in the past to migrate uses

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/transfer-outlook-folders-to-windows-live-mail-607961.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have 2 64 bit machines
On my XP machine im trying to export WLM then importing to Outlook 2010 on my windows 7 machine

First off when exporting on XP machine:
Open Windows Live Mail.
In the Windows Live Mail window, click the File button and select ?Export? and then select ?Email messages?.
Select ?Microsoft Exchange? as the format and then click Next.
You will see a message that all email will be exported to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange, click Ok to continue.
You can export all email folders or select the appropriate folders that you want to export by using the ?Select folders? option.
After you select the appropriate option, click OK and wait for the export process to be completed.
When the ?Export Complete? dialog box appears, click ?Finish?.
Now..... Where does it export these too??? I cant find it anywhere...and it doesnt give me an option to choose...

A:exporting Windows Live mail to outlook 2010

you have to save the exported emails in CSV format as mentioned here Export emails and contacts from Windows Live mail to outlook 2010 - Microsoft Answers and while importing, import them as 'Tab separated file (Windows). there may be other options, not that im sure of, but i'll look for more.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/226370-exporting-windows-live-mail-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 90.73%

When I try the Share charm to send a screenshot, it only gives the choice of the Mail program. Can I make it use other email programs?

I've got WLM set as the default mail program, but it does not show up in Share.

Thanks

A:Can Share charm use Windows Live Mail or Outlook?

hello ,to the best of my knowledge ,the answer is no ,and the reason is its a email [app]Program already .
it can use some different web based email clients like yahoo and a few others .
this site might help
Mail app for Windows - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58262-can-share-charm-use-windows-live-mail-outlook.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello All from PA

I'm new to the forum and stumbled across this in a search to move my existing email from outlook into windows live.
I've tried to obtain the PST file folder and move it with the import utility within live, but it's giving me an error that there is no mail in the folder.

Does anyone know how to do this?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/286215-migrate-my-outlook-mail-folders-windows-live.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I am running Win XP using MS Essnetials as AV works like a charm except this morning in Outlook some messages are hanging and won't quot send' and this is what i get gt gt I cannot seem to access send or reciece my Outlook email on Win Live mail I get this error message gt Windows [SOLVED] Live Outlook Mail Email gt gt gt gt An unknown error has occurred Subject 'Re A friend wanted you to see this' Server Error Server Response Requested action aborted Local processing error Server 'smtphm sympatico ca' Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC A Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL Yes When i go to my Bell email account no problem it shows sending and receiving no problem I am running old Win XP works fine no problems with MS essentials as my AV It's just when i go to either resond [SOLVED] Outlook Email Windows Live Mail to someone's email and send i keep getting this error message' quot Send messages using my email account FAILED quot An unknown error has occurred I tried running quot Wlarp quot in search but XP won't allow me to do this I also tried gt gt Click Start button Circle button with a Windows logo it Click Control Panel Click Programs Click Programs and Features Search for Windows Live Essentials then double click it Click Repair all Windows Live programs When i got to dbl click Win Live Essentials and tried dbl clicking nothing happened it gave me Chane remove options but no repair Can anyone help me with this issue Thx

A:[SOLVED] Outlook Email Windows Live Mail

Quote:

Click Start button (Circle button with a Windows logo it).....Click Programs and Features

If you are going to Programs and Features, then you are not running Windows XP, but Windows 7. to confirm, Right click (My) Computer and choose Properties. This will tell you what Windows OS, Service Pack and Physical RAM you have.
As for Windows Live: uncheck the box this server requires a secure connection [ssl].

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-outlook-email-windows-live-mail-954665.html