Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Contacts Folder and Live Mail Address Book Not in Sync?

Q: Windows 7 Contacts Folder and Live Mail Address Book Not in Sync?

Hi,
I've a Windows 7 contacts folder located here: C:\Users\Richard\Contacts
But it is not the same as my Live Mail address book.

My Live Mail Address book has new contacts in it.

1) How do I update the Windows 7 contacts folder?

2) And what is the point of the Windows 7 contacts folder if it doesn't stay in sync with the Live Mail address book?

Regards Richard

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Contacts Folder and Live Mail Address Book Not in Sync?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Contacts Folder and Live Mail Address Book Not in Sync?

The Contacts folder is left over from Window Vista and if you were to go to the trouble of "reinstating" Windows Mail (the previous mail version that came only with Vista) then it would use the Contacts folder. If you have downloaded and installed WLM (a component of Windows Live Essentials) it has its own contacts database within the <user>/appdata folder tree. You can access this database only through the WLM program (and the website contacts.live.com if you sign-in since that site mirrors your "signed-in" contacts list). If you don't sign-in then you are viewing your "not-signed-in" contacts list in WLM which is also located in the appdata folder tree. If you have placed any contacts in the old Username/Contacts folder, you can import them into WLM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/140049-windows-7-contacts-folder-live-mail-address-book-not-sync.html
Relevancy 108.5%

Welcome

Go to live mail, >contacts (bottom left). Then on the top file>import, export. Export it (transfer) to a finger drive or medium of your choice.

A:Where is Windows Live Mail address book (contacts) folder located?

From what I was able to find, they are located in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\{b5f3929f-ba60-4632-ad4e-b602b1c8e007}\DBStore

There is a contacts.edb file in there. So I would say richc46's answer will be best. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/89411-where-windows-live-mail-address-book-contacts-folder-located.html
Relevancy 96.41%

Where in Windows 7 are these?

My program is not opening so I need to find and backup all the data (esp the address book) before I format the drive .

Anyone got an idea as to where they are located?

thanks

A:Windows Live Mail Address Book (Contacts)

Quote: Originally Posted by geordief

Where in Windows 7 are these?

My program is not opening so I need to find and backup all the data (esp the address book) before I format the drive .

Anyone got an idea as to where they are located?

thanks

1. Need to " un-hide " operating system files " and also " show hidden files "......

Start > search box, type folder options > Enter > View tab at top > ....
put a blue radio dot at " Show hidden files, folders and drives ", and
un-check " Hide protected operaring system files " > OK

2. Here is where you will find WLM contacts
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\{ a string of letters and numbers }\DBStore
Inside the DBStore there is the Contacts.edb. \that's where you contacts are.

One problem I have : I can't open the contacts.edb. I used Adobe Reader, Internet Explorer, Notepad, Wordpad.... none are able to open it.

3. For WLM messages
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/175264-windows-live-mail-address-book-contacts.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Why can I not sync my Global Address Book? When I add info via active directory, it updates in the GAB, not in the contact list, and the contact list is what shows on the phone....and is what we need to update as we add info!!!!! Why isn't this possible? That isn't "syncing" that is just refreshing what is already there! We have around 500 employees, and having to log into each of there emails and add new contacts manually is NOT ok.

How do I sync my droid with exchange's GAB? Like I said, I can copy all of the GAB to contacts, but that doesn't do anything? It doesn't update in there when you add or change information....Pleas, please, please, tell me I am crazy and just missing one little thing, because if not, this exchange is worthless.

A:How to sync Global address book with Contacts?

Is this something that is really that hard? I usually get a lot more of a response in these forums.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/37170-how-sync-global-address-book-contacts.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Missing functionallity in 'Windows Mail' Contacts that was in Outlook Express 'address book'

I've just moved over from XP with Outlook Express 6 to Vista Ultimate using Windows Mail.
I've migrated my old XP Address Book into Windows Mail Contacts and my 50+ Contact Groups (my mailout lists) are visible BUT when I browse an individual contact there is no field that tells me which of my Contact Groups this person is in? In Address Book there was a field there.
I need this info for maintaining my mailout list. At the moment I can't tell if a person's email address is already on my mail out list unless I check each of the 50+ Contact Groups individually which can't be right!!!
Am I missing something - is this info there somewhere?
Thx
pc

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/261586-missing-functionallity-windows-mail-contacts-outlook-address-book.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Would very much like to have folders like in Outlook Express. I would like to hit the "To:" button and select a folder and pick and choose recipients and then tap another folder and select from it. I need to have my contacts segregated in to groupings like above.

As is when I drag and drop into a "catagory" and hit the "To:" button I get everybody in that category.

There must be a better way - I would buy a dummy book if I could find one.

Please,

Jim Heffley

A:Folders in Live Mail Address Book - Windows 7

Hi Jim, Welcome to Seven Forums.

If your using Windows Live Mail, you need to sign-in with a Hotmail account, use it to store all contacts. It can be deleted if you don't intend using it. Then you will be able to categorize them in groups.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/207209-folders-live-mail-address-book-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I was forced to update by MS.

Now my address book is empty.

I Googled the problem & see many others with same issue.

Please advise the official MS solution.

Thanks, Joe

A:Address book lost during Windows live mail update

Welcome to Seven Forums joeleighton. Hopefully a WLM expert will come along, but until then.

From what I was able to find, the contacts are located in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\{b5f3929f-ba60-4632-ad4e-b602b1c8e007}\DBStore

There is a contacts.edb file in there.

I'm unsure if they can be imported if they are not in csv format.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/236480-address-book-lost-during-windows-live-mail-update.html
Relevancy 102.77%

My friend has an HP Pavilion p6716f desktop with Windows 7 64-bit
He was using Microsoft Outlook 2010 but just installed Microsoft Live Mail  and wants to transfer his Outlook address book to Microsoft Live Mail 
How can he do that?
I’ve looked on the Internet and I’ve seen links to transfer Outlook 6 address book but nothing about Outlook 2010

A:How to transfer outlook 2010 address book to Windows Live Mail

Hey cmptrgy,

Many people are switching over to cloud-based services. If you’re moving from Microsoft Outlook over to your Windows Live Mail/Hotmail account, you may want to take your Outlook Contacts with you. We’ll show you how to import your Contacts from Outlook into your Windows Live Mail account.

Find the steps here.

http://www.technipages.com/import-outlook-contacts-into-windows-live-mail.html

Hope this helps,

Darktune

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512433/how-to-transfer-outlook-2010-address-book-to-windows-live-mail/
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi,

I'm using the "live" mail service from Microsoft.
I want to ask if there is a possibility to synchronize contacts and calendar.
My client is a Microsoft Outlook 2010 (maybe in the future a Windows Phone or android).
Is there a way?

A:live mail --> sync contacts and calendar?

Hi till now I didn't find anything doing it.
I'll up here just for a last try ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/232150-live-mail-sync-contacts-calendar.html
Relevancy 101.48%

'Been using Windows Live Mail for nearly 2 years. Last week the Contacts list disappeared - the window appears to be 'greyed out'. Where do I find if my contacts list is recoverable?

Hmmm. Local time should read 13.54! Must fix GMT setting.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/69971-where-does-win-10-store-windows-live-mail-contacts-folder.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I just had my Windows reinstalled and have installed Windows Live Mail Prior to doing so I did a full backup Live Mail from using contacts folder Windows in backup to an external hard drive I did not do any special export for Windows Live Mail I have copied contacts from the Contacts file on the external hard drive file into the Contacts file on my computer Windows Live Mail does not recognize those contacts The only way I can make it work is by clicking on a single contact in my C Drive contacts folder to send an e-mail and then do using contacts from backup folder in Windows Live Mail an add to contact and presto it now shows up in Windows Live Contacts I am trying to avoid having to do this for each contact one at a time I would have thought I could simply copy all of my contacts from the backup drive into my C Drive Contacts folder and they would then be usable in Windows Live Mail Obviously it is not that simple Hope somebody can help me Thanks

A:using contacts from backup folder in Windows Live Mail

You may have to use the Import in WLM to bring the contacts from the Contacts Folder in C:\Users\YourUserName\Contacts. I've had to change Folder Options to Show hidden files, folders, etc., in order to show that Folder. WLM may be able to Import from the external drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/354424-using-contacts-backup-folder-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when composing mail but I do not have a folder of them.

A:Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing

Originally Posted by jzgadz

I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when composing mail but I do not have a folder of them.

Newest version of Windows live mail is 2012, you might want to download the newer version and it will overwrite your older version, and restore your missing folder. Just to be safe I would do a complete image backup 1st, using a program like Macrium Reflect free. Here is the link from MS for the newer version.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-essentials
During the install you can choose which apps you want to install.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/62493-windows-live-mail-contacts-folder-missing.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I now have Windows 7 (bring back Vista!)
It seems so slow and the mail is driving me crazy
I am using my pop account in Windows Live Mail (the same as I did in Windows Mail)

However now I am unable to email a web page as the link is greyed out Any ideas (Have set IE9 as default as suggested on internet no change)

Also I added all my Contacts to WLM and they all work fine
when I click the Contacts icon at the bottom left in WLM I see all my Contacts in the folder that opens

However if I go to my user folders and click on Contacts only me shows as a Contact
In Vista everybody was there and I used to back it up
Please help

Relevancy 101.48%

Hi first time poster here I have read numerous forums and also tried a few things myself but I cannot fix this problem Problem I updated my system from a HDD to a SDD fresh install of windows home bit When I go to windows live mail my contacts folder is gone This was just via the internet I didnt know whether I needed to install windows live essentials mail or not still dont know I tried locating files for windows live but it seems I didnt have any only windows mail was looking at user gt local gt microsoft gt I tried the latest install mail contacts Windows live folder missing of essentials but it did not help Before the installed the SDD i copied all my program files onto a external hard drive from the HDD In those there is a contacts folder with about dll files Windows live mail contacts folder missing not sure what they all are I have tried installing the older windows live essentials which the HDD was running and then copying the contacts folder across into the location of the windows live folder from the install of WLM but it still does not show up I am unsure how to get the contacts folder back and working and whether my old contacts are gone or not Any help most appreciated

A:Windows live mail contacts folder missing

Hi Monte32, welcome to Seven Forums.
If you sign-in to WLM with the account your using, all your contacts will appear.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/336086-windows-live-mail-contacts-folder-missing.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I read an old post from 1-1/2 years ago and it said to click on contacts on the lower left of the screen. It just isn't there on my laptop, however it is on the desktop. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am strictly an end-user, so computer speak will not help me much. Step by step plain English is all I understand.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

P.S. I upgraded from Vista HP 64 to Win 7 HP64 and would like to export my contacts. Any ideas?

A:finding windows live mail contacts folder - hlep!

The contacts in vista are not the same contacts like in Windows 7. The contacts in Vista went with windows mail. Windows mail is not in Windows 7. For Windows live mail, that is a program that you download from Microsoft that is incorporated in Windows Live Essentials. When you install Windows live Essentials you just check off Windows Live mail as one of the options and it will install.
Since you upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 if you used Windows Mail, it removed it when you did the upgrade and probably removed the Contact folder also.
The only way you could have moved your contacts over was to install WLM on the vista machine prior to the upgrade and once the upgrade was done you would still have Windows Live mail with all your contacts.
Unless someone else here can figure out how to pull the contacts in from windows.old you might have just lost them

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/317837-finding-windows-live-mail-contacts-folder-hlep.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello I am running Windows Outlook Our hard drive heated up very dusty and after that I was unable to access my In Box indicates unread messages in my Personal Folders When I click 2000 Unable to Outlook Folder/Contacts Book Address not Display in on the In Box the error is quot Unable to display the folder quot Within that set of Personal Folders I can access deleted files Drafts and other subfolders I tried Detect and Repair I tried downloading service pack Also my address book disappeared I was able to find Contacts and print a hard copy of email addresses but Import Export is greyed out My calendar with standing appointments is gone I may have made the problem worse by moving around subfolders between quot Outlook Today Archive Folders quot and Personal Folders I also have since Outlook 2000 Unable to Display Folder/Contacts not in Address Book received more email and so now I do not trust my archive pst or outlook pst to be the best copy Any ideas Salvagable I am thinking of going to Windows and buying Outlook and rebuilding my address book and cutting my losses with email Recommendations Thank you N nbsp

Relevancy 97.61%

I have the previous accounts files and have imported the messages but how do I import the address book. I can't use the import option in the program because I don't have a csv or current user address book and the previous account came from a dead computer so I couldn't make a csv file. Any help will be appreciated, I have a lot of addresses I'll lose if this can't be done. And shame on Microsoft for making this so difficult. Outlook Express rules!!

A:live mail address book

Welcome to Seven Forums Doctor Dan. Do you have the old Hard Drive, and can you access that with the new PC? If you can add the drive as a second internal drive, or via an external enclosure, you can still import the files

Transfer mail from drive to Windows Live Mail

If you do not have access to the old HDD, then it is a different matter. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/308867-live-mail-address-book.html
Relevancy 91.16%

My Dimension C521 computer was delivered from Dell with Vista installed. Windows
Address Book was listed in the Start Menu with my addresses, so I used this until it disappeared completely after a few months of use. That day I looked for Windows Contacts
and it could not be opened even though it was shown as one of the programs on my computer.

I am not able to find any addresses in either Vista's Contacts or the previously used Address Book.

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viista-contacts-and-windows-address-book.643004/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello everyone I am asking for help on one particular problem If you could spare some time here is my question - I run Win Ultimate and Outlook - I enter my hotmail address into Outlook Connector so Hotmail is my default message handler in Outlook Every thing runs normally until I discover that I cannot sync my Contacts with my iPhone either with iTunes or with MobileMe although the quot Contacts quot folder in Outlook contains names After some investigation I found some explanation - The Contacts displayed in the Contacts folder of Outlook are from my hotmail address book contacts in EMAIL REMOVED and the Outlook contact book is empty No wonder that the result of the sync is nil because the only option in the sync procedure is to sync Contacts with Outlook In order to sync my contacts with my iPhone I think that I need to Move Copy Import all the contacts from contacts in EMAIL REMOVED to the Outlook Address book I don't know if it is possible or not Could you tell me All inputs are appreciated Thank you

A:Windows 7 Outlook 2007 Address book and Sync with iPhone

Well, you can copy/paste them by doing Select All (CTRL-A) on the Hotmail contacts list in Outlook, then Copy (CTRL-C), then switch to the Outlook contact book and Paste (CTRL-V). That should hold you over until a little later this summer when Hotmail adds official support for wireless iPhone contact syncing via the Exchange ActiveSync protocol.

Hope that helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/95858-windows-7-outlook-2007-address-book-sync-iphone.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Phone - Lumia 730, new purchase. Account was setup using the current Microsoft Live Account. The account syncs up with the phone but not all contacts are showing up in the phone - People Hub

A:Why am I unable to sync contacts with Microsoft Live account on my Windows 8 phone?

Check in the People Hub if it only shows contacts with a phone number.
Under "People" you see "contacts" and under "contacts" you see "show"
So tap on "show"
Good luck

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/361474-why-am-i-unable-sync-contacts-microsoft-live-account-my-windows-8-phone.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have upgraded my Computer from Vista and Windows live mail 2011 to Windows 7 and Windows live mail 2012.

Live Mail 2011 used as Contacts just the Vista Contacts.
Live Mail 2012 is having it's own Contacts which are not compatible with Windows 7 Contacts.

I found a way to import Windows 7 Contacts as Live Mail 2012 Contacts but no way to export it as .contact file again (export can be done as CSV or VCF file only).

Since I still want to synchronize my Windows 7 contacts with an old Vista Computer the Import is not a solution for me.

Is there a way to persuade Live Mail to use the Windows Contacts again
and where are these new Live Mail Contacts saved?

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Contacts seems not to be used.

Walter

A:Windows live mail 2012 contacts incompatible with Windows 7 contacts

Hi Walter, welcome to Seven Forums.

Your best plan is to access your mail account directly, the use .csv format to export / import them into WLM 2012.
If you don't use WLM signed-in they wont be remembered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/313681-windows-live-mail-2012-contacts-incompatible-windows-7-contacts.html
Relevancy 86%

I have an Windows (Vista) notebook with outlook 2007, and now I have an new notebook with Windows 8.1. Where I want to export my mail & contact to Windows live mail, how can I import this in WLM on my other notebook?

I already have configure my mail on WLM where I can receive and send messages. I tried something with the program Mailstore 8 but my mail is now on another computer.

I also find this link: how to export mail,calendar contact in outlook to windows live mail clientWith the "Outlook Conversion Application" solution but is this possible on different computers and has WLM an import function?

A:Export mail and contacts from Outlook 2007 to Windows live mail 2012?

Don I might be way off track here mate but was the Outlook account the same email address as you have set up in WLM?

Just a thought you might try adding an account to WLM using the old address and password. I did this with my old account from my service provider then went to a Hotmail account.
Now admittedly it was still within WLM but worth a try.

What I will do is try and add my work account (Outlook) to my WLM and see if it works.

PS It added the account but I have to get the POP and STMP settings right first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/344098-export-mail-contacts-outlook-2007-windows-live-mail-2012-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I'm trying to transfer my Windows Live Mail e-mail contacts to Hotmail. I've converted them all to a csv file (5.65kb). When I import them to Hotmail only the names get transferred.....not the e-mail addresses. Any ideas? Thanks

A:Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail

Windows Live Mail is Hotmail, with a new look. So I am confused as to what you are trying to do.
It sounds like you created a whole new name for Windows Live Mail... you didn't need to do that.

If you just open Windows Live Mail and logon as the HotMail name you will see all of the contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-e-mail-contacts-from-windows-live-mail-to-hotmail.1043966/
Relevancy 85.57%

clearlyclueless said I to contacts Mail from Live Hotmail Export E-mail Windows m trying to transfer my Windows Live Mail e-mail contacts to Hotmail I ve converted them all to a csv file kb When I import them to Hotmail only the names get transferred not the e-mail addresses Any ideas Thanks Click to expand This thread was previously closed due to lack of answers however I found a solution When importing a csv file into Hotmail the email address field is expected as quot E-mail Address quot however in the csv file created by Windows Live Mail the email address field is quot Email Address quot Note the missing hyphen This means that the email address is not transferred over to Hotmail The solution is to edit the csv file using Notepad - simply add the hyphen to the top line of the csv file save the file and import it into Hotmail If you have the Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail same problem with other fields a useful test to see what field names Hotmail expects is to export a contact from Hotmail and then inspect the csv file which is created using Notepad nbsp

A:Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail

Thanks for that, but tips and fixes not in reponse to any specific member should be posted here: http://forums.techguy.org/25-tech-tips-tricks/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-e-mail-contacts-from-windows-live-mail-to-hotmail.1052247/
Relevancy 85.14%

I cant get my Outlook to work consistently. 
I keep getting this message. 

Unable to send or receive messages for the Outlook (simone.natalie) account.

Server Error: 3219
Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but no luck

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/012e570a-fe60-4c16-9af0-b5a761b18f7a/server-error-3219-server-httpsmailserviceslivecomdeltasyncv200syncaspx-windows-live?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.14%

hi to you all,
i've decided to switch to windows live (version 2012),too many crashes on thunderbird..
my question to you all is, how do i transfer my address book from thunderbird (version 15.0.1) to my windows live account ??
a simple an easy step by step instruction/guide please...
have looked on tinternet but cant find any real advise or solution..
have tried to use mozback up but didnt work..
so your help would be greatly received..
many thanks in advance

A:thunderbird to windows live address book

Open up Thunderbird click on Address Book then go to File> Select all then go to Tools> Export Then use the drop-down arrow and choose .csv and give it a name and save it in a convenient place.(look at screenshots)
Now open up Windows Live Mail click on Contacts then click on All Contacts then click on Import and choose .csv then click Browse and Navigate to where you saved the .csv click open then click Next that should import your address book.( look at screenshots)

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/255096-thunderbird-windows-live-address-book.html
Relevancy 84.71%

In Win XP, the contacts selection called up the contact name and e-mail in separate columns, so that you could sort the list by name or by e-mail address.
Is there any way of doing that in Win 7?
Occasionally I get an e-mail with just the e-mail address, but not a contact name, and I'd like to be able to find out who it is.
All suggestions appreciated.

A:How can I sort e-mail contacts in Windows Live Mail?

Under the Home tab in Contacts Click on View there is a Sort By with an arrow. Click there and you have a choice of how to sort, last or first name.
Also if you click on Mail- the same thing- Under the Home Tab-View- there is also a way to sort the emails

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/271140-how-can-i-sort-e-mail-contacts-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello,

Recently i switched from Thunderbird to Windows Live Mail.
I managed to import/export my TB mails to Windows Live Mail, but i can't seem to get my contacts into the Windows Live Mail.
I'm Thunderbird i exported my adresbook into a .csv file.
When i import that file into my WLM contacts i only see 2 contacts.
When i open de csv file, i see alot more contacts.
Anyone got a solution or tip for me?

A:Mail Contacts from Thunderbird to Windows Live Mail

You could try a repair of WLM. Go to Programs and Features, highlight "Windows Live Essentials", click on change/uninstall at the top, and choose repair in the next window. All installed parts of WLE will be repaired, including Mail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/199089-mail-contacts-thunderbird-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 83.85%

how do I send an email to several people in my address book? I know how to make a group but suppose I just want to click on a few names and send an email? I can't seem to make it do that

A:Windows Mail Address book

Hi Mocha37a,

Welcome to the forums.

There are a couple ways of doing this as long as the names are in your contacts. Click on the 'To:' button and a list will come up. Double clicking any name will add it to the To list. Also you can type in the names separated by a comma or semi-colon and Mail will look them up in the contacts list. If you type in just a first or last name and there are more than one possibility in your contacts, WM will offer a list of possible emails for you to choose from. This last bit won't happen until you hit the send button. You can also add more than one auto complete address (the last 29 names you've sent email to) by comma/semi colon separating the names.

Gary

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/152024-windows-mail-address-book.html
Relevancy 83.42%

How do I create an Address Book in Windows Mail - in XP this was so easy - click on Addresses, enter details and a Folder List with all entries was created. Sure I can access Contacts - in Properties I click on Work, I enter details, I now have a list but how do I place this list in an Address Book eg. WAB or Microsoft Exchange ? Please Help !

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/181237-address-book-contacts.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Not really a problem, just a query.
In Outlook Express 6 and 7 my list of Contacts was on the same page as my In Box. Is it possible to have it showing with Vista Home Edition?
Thanks,
GEORGE.

A:Address Book/Contacts

The only workaround that I've found for this is to add a contacts "gadget" to your Sidebar. Then clicking on a contact will open the Compose dialog in Windows Mail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174852/address-bookcontacts/
Relevancy 82.99%

Windows Live Mail seems to force a Contacts Check Names when trying to create an email. So, if my new email address is not in the contacts list it will not send?

Is this correct? Solution?

I have come from Windows XP to Windows 7 recently.

Regards

Mike

A:Windows Live Mail Contacts

Which version are you using because in WLM 2012 there is a problem with group contacts sending, they do not go and there are other problems with 2012 also
your email address does not have to be in a contacts list for it not to send, but again if you are sending a group contact and your email address is there it actually does not matter if it is there or not it will not send the group
this is only happening in windows live mail 2012
If you have windows live mail 2011 then I suggest you try to do a repair and see if that fixes it

robin

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/277898-windows-live-mail-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi guys I hope I can make this clear to understand and not too confusing I've recently run Killdisk reinstalled Windows Pro x Live Mail Windows Contacts on my laptop got it to where I wanted including all MS updates and email and have done an Windows Live Mail Contacts Acronis backup Before the format I manually saved the email folder with all it's account and email content Then reinstalled WLM on the fresh W install went to 'Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live Mail' deleted Windows Live Mail Contacts what was in there and then pasted my saved email folder contents Loaded WLM and hey presto Windows Live Mail Contacts everything there with all my emails No problem with that The next thing is putting my mail contacts back also manually saved before the format but I can't get them to show up They normally reside as DBStore files in Windows Live Contacts folder also in the same area as the email 'Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live Contacts' So I put that folder there but nothing appears in my contacts when I load up WLM I removed the whole folder and decided to do a test and add a new contact in WLM I found out the new contact has appeared in a different place 'Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live Contacts Default' and then inside there a folder saying and inside that a DBStore file As another test by removing the DBStore from my contact disappeared in WLM but reappeared when I restored the DBStore file to the folder By adding a new contact I had expected windows to create a new Windows Live Contacts folder but it didn't I tried putting all my saved contacts folder in the folder but they still don't appear Any ideas where to put my contacts folders to get them showing up By the way there were folders that I saved each with a DBStore file One of them is MB some are MB and most are MB I don't know if I need them all Perhaps they're cumulative and only the MB has all my contacts Screenshot shows the two contact locations I mentioned

A:Windows Live Mail Contacts

Hi Roman5, hope this helps. WLM Contacts.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/377251-windows-live-mail-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a list of contacts in a folder that I am trying to put into my Windows live mail but they go to Users\Me\contact which isn't where Windows live mail contact go. So how do I import them?

A:Windows live mail contacts

Hi,

If you already have contacts in the Users\[Your User]\Contacts then they are already utilized by Windows Live Mail so would not require importing.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/148773-windows-live-mail-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.99%

When I select to send a contact, their name shows last name first on the to: line.
I want to show it as John Doe instead of Doe, John.
Any ideas. Thanks Shiron

A:Windows Live Mail contacts

Hi Shiron, welcome to Seven Forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/288233-windows-live-mail-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I preordered Windows 7 Home Premium and can't wait to upgrade. My question is if I can somehow save my address book from Windows Mail and import it to Windows Live Mail.

I would sure appreciate any and all assistance regarding this request.

Thanks!!

A:Can I Transfer my Windows Mail Address Book??

I researched Windows Live Mail and you indeed can import both email addresses and even email from another email client (Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Windows Outlook, etc....)

This is done at least for me by going into Windows Live (I already had on the computer for hotmail) but I believe can be set up when first installing.

Thanks for those who took time to look at my question.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267539/can-i-transfer-my-windows-mail-address-book/
Relevancy 82.99%

Imported address book from XP to Vista. The contact list now is alphabetical by first name. How can I get it to use last name as it does in XP?

Diane

A:Vista & Windows Mail Address Book

You can right click the "title" bar of the Contacts lists and add the "Last Name" column. Then you can slide to the right the listing and click on the "Last Name" column" and now your listing will be by last name.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-windows-mail-address-book.647839/
Relevancy 82.99%

Vista calendar had an option to subscribe to online calendars (e.g. Gcal). I'd love to be able to have my google calendars in a nice-looking desktop client, especially integrated with mail like Windows Live does. Unfortunately it looks like MS has taken that option away. Does anybody know about any hidden options or hacks to make this happen? Btw, I've tried thunderbird/lightning and sunbird. Not crazy about the UI/aesthetics. Prefer the way windows live looks and displays mail/calendars. Can I make this work with google? Thanks

A:Windows live mail calendar sync?

Hello Welcome to SevenForums, bstarr3

Not sure about Live Mail, I do use live but not the calender. However if you did not know there is a tutorial here that lets you import vista's windows mail program.Would that be an work around for you? lm
Windows Mail

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/11282-windows-live-mail-calendar-sync.html
Relevancy 82.99%

After 2 days of trying ----I do not want to change my email address of 15 years so no hotmail acct only want to sync i ohone 3g with widows live mail I check bow widows contacts in info part in itunes ????
SOOOOOOOOOO frustrated--- any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 82.99%

My wife and I have been using WLM for email and Calendar for a number of years We have a Laptop running Vista and a Desktop running Windows We Sync Windows Mail Live Issue use this as an email client although we use Rogers Yahoo Email Both email accounts Dianne and Andrew are set up as POP and are functioning properly But the Calendar and Contacts which have been syncing between the machines up until about weeks Windows Live Mail Sync Issue ago are no longer doing so When WLM is open and I sync on all email accounts there is no problem But when I press Sync Everything an non-specified error occurs and the Calendar and Contacts are not syncing either with the other computer or the Outlook com site account This happened in mid August as well and I logged in to our Outlook Com site account and reset the sharing permissions to Co-Owner and that seemed to immediately solve the problem I have tried the changing the same setting a number of times this past two weeks and have not had any success I do not think that this is machine specific because we can make a new Calendar Entry on the laptop and it does not appear at Outlook com nor on the Desktop Same for the reverse A new entry in the Outlook com Calendar does not update on either machine Any suggestions Thank you Andrew

A:Windows Live Mail Sync Issue

Hi Andrew,

If I make a calendar entry on any of my 2 pc's, I have to open the calendar tab on the other pc before it syncs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/308979-windows-live-mail-sync-issue.html
Relevancy 82.99%

When I start WLM my Inbox is not synchronized to my Hotmail account. It shows many previously deleted emails.

Sync does not fix this.

All other folders, calendar etc. are correct.

A:Windows Live Mail - Inbox Does Not Sync

Have you made sure that all the settings are correct in your Hotmail account in Windows Live Mail. If you go online to Hotmail do you have new messages there, if you do it means you haven't set the account details properly in Windows Live Mail which will allow you to download new messages.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/282719-windows-live-mail-inbox-does-not-sync.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Can anybody help me. i have a new machine and intend using mozilla thunderbird rather than MS outlook.
Is there a way I can copy contacts from old machine and install in Thunderbird?

A:Outlook address book/contacts

Thunderbird can import messages and contacts from Outlook, that's for sure, but I can't find out what format the data must be in for importing. If you export your "Contacts" folder with Outlook's "Import & Export" tool, that will create a PST file which contains all your contact data.

If Thunderbird can import PST files you're good to go. If it can't, your Outlook "Contacts" folder can instead be exported as a 'Comma Separated Values (Windows)' file (CSV) which can be imported into most popular Windows email clients.

Export both formats at same time and I'm sure one of them will be okay for importing into Thunderbird.
I do know it will import Outlook data (I just checked their website) but I've never actually used it to know which file-types it can import.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-address-book-contacts.981081/
Relevancy 82.56%

Outlook 2003 - XP...

I can't figure out why my Address Book and Contacts are different.
I'd like to update my Contacts to be the same as my Address Book, which is where my Outlook goes to address my mail.
I need to export my Contacts to import into my new Mac.
I can't see any way to export the Address book, or even save it to a PAB file, although I must have done it sometime ago when I first set up this system.
I do understand the Contacts is contained as a folder in my PST file.
But where does the Address Book file live and how do I use it to update my Contacts?
Am I crazy?
Thanks,
Ron

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/address-book-vs-contacts-outlook.873786/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am trying to export my contacts into a website where I will send out emails. I manage to successfully do this but the addresses are not from my address book. My address book says to store in contacts which I have done. But I have no idea where the contacts came from and the names I want in the address book aren't in contacts and didn't move over. What should I do?

Relevancy 82.56%

How can i copy my Conatcts from Microsoft Outlook to my Address Book in Outlook Express? Is one better than the other, i run win98SE, lone user.

cheers
gingerninja

Relevancy 82.56%

I opened my address book up and edited it (adding and deleting anyone I wanted/didn't want). I then closed the address book, and went into outlook and clicked on Contacts. It still shows everything I just deleted, and doesn't show anything new.

I was under the impression the Address Book and Contacts were the same thing. Apprarently not! Anyway, I selected all my contacts, and deleted them. Now my contacts are empty, but my address book is full and what I would like to use. How do I get all those "contacts" from my address book into the Contacts folder within Outlook so when I'm composing an email, I can hit on the New email, then to the TO..(to bring up my contacts)

Relevancy 82.56%

after importing address book from OE to WLM between PCs XP to W some names are not matching as it was in the original address book Tried both to is contacts up book WLM messed WAB OE address formats csv and wab import export Some contacts has shifted nick name to the name some contacts had replaced NAME OE address book WAB to WLM contacts is messed up with email address some contacts that were set up like this - Joe and Betty in the first name and Doe in the last name had in WLM contacts word quot and quot replaced with quot amp quot but worst of all in the contact list it was sorted as on the top of the list alphabetically top as amp Joe Betty Doe and then the email address as it looks like it is as the mapping of the Name fist last display name nick name and so on is not matching So after the import it is a HUGE mess and of course impossible to find some one who was easy to find in the old address book WAB I must say not all names contacts were messed up so it makes it even more quot FUN quot So can anyone help to transfer OE address book to the WLM exactly as it was in the OE

A:OE address book WAB to WLM contacts is messed up

Quote: Originally Posted by jardaz

... So can anyone help to transfer OE address book to the WLM exactly as it was in the OE?

It may never be exact. As I remember from switching from WAB/OE to Windows Mail in Vista back in 2007, the WM (new) style displayed the names as last, first after I was used to first last from OE. I believe WLM is closer to WM than OE, but there are some known differences in that not all the detail carried by the older programs is brought to WLM. I would guess your best bet is to use the WAB export/import since it's meant for OE. Then check each contact for errors and get ready to see some info missing and displayed differently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/114547-oe-address-book-wab-wlm-contacts-messed-up.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I find that whenever I receive a mail and then reply the Email ID of the person does not get saved and show in the Address Book/Contacts of Outlook. Any ideas?

A:Ms Outlook Address book/contacts

It depends on what version of Microsoft Office you have: Automatically Add Addresses to Outlook Contacts

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/ms-outlook-address-book-contacts-989537.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My hotmail account is being used by some entity to send out links to a canadian viagra peddler amp they are sending to everyone in my address book I have scanned with Malwarebytes spybot superanti-spyware to no avail I am still being used Thanks for your help Eric HDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Eric Hoverter at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - FW COMODO Firewall enabled A - F - send address email being web account to my link to Live Windows all used book ef -AFC -F E A B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System Windows Live email account being used to send web link to all my address book nvsvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXEC WINDOWS System DSentry exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files lg fwupdate fwupdate exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files AirPort APDiskAgent exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Comodo Firewall cfp exeC Program Files CyberLink DVD Windows Live email account being used to send web link to all my address book Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE Windows Live email account being used to send web link to all my address book OpwareSE exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC PROGRA ACDSYS DEVDET DEVDET EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Documents and Settings Eric Hoverter Application Data mjusbsp magicJack exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Eric Hoverter Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE WHVFKCT Defogger exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Eric Hoverter Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE V XCQC dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp ppl blastoffnetwork com ericdhoverter uDefault Page URL hxxp www dell me com mywayuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuSearch Page hxxp www google comuWindow Title My BrowseruSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ieuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www dell me com mywayuInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt localhostuInternet Settings ProxyServer lt local gt uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q sBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO EWPBrowseObject Class f e- - e... Read more

A:Windows Live email account being used to send web link to all my address book

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305136/windows-live-email-account-being-used-to-send-web-link-to-all-my-address-book/
Relevancy 82.13%

I copied the TSG SysInfo but cannot find how to paste.
Our daughter gave us an old IPad, 32GB, Model A1396, Rated 5.1V, 2.1A Max, SN: DN6G8DR1DKNW.
I would like to sync our Thunderbird address book to this IPad. I saw where some address books can be synced using ITunes but I do not listen to music and do not relish the thought of downloading such a huge file, about 250MB.
Anyway other than ITunes? I'm still a novice even though 87 and had a laptop for a few years but mainly email. John

Relevancy 82.13%

I have a Windows 7 machine and had been using Windows Live Mail and after an update, all of my contacts disappeared.  I've read that I can Log on to Live Mail but I have never done that so I don't have an account to log into.  All of my contacts were local.  I tried to do a restore of a previous version of the contacts.  I had several versions, all 24+MB in size so I suspect it has information in the file.  It says it restored the contacts but when I went to view them, nothing displayed.  Of course, I was a fool to trust Microsoft and never backed up my contacts so I have no file to import. 

If anybody has any thoughts on what is causing this, how to recover from it, and how to prevent it in the future, I would be much obliged. 

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556736/windows-live-mail-contacts-disappeared/
Relevancy 82.13%

I installed Windows Live Mail over an existing Windows Mail on my Vista laptop and that went fine and I was able to import the old contacts. But now I want to export those same contacts to Windows Live Mail on another (XP) laptop but I can't find a way to do it. There doesn't seem to be any way to transfer, save, or backup Windows Live Mail contacts. I was thinking I should be able to save the file then copy it over my network to the other computer but I can't find it. Anyone know how to do this?

A:Export Windows Live Mail contacts??

From the lack of responses I have to conclude that there really is no easy way to transfer Windows Live Mail address book contacts from one computer to another?? Hard to believe.....

I did find one way... convert the old addresses in from Win Mail to a vcard format. But those can only be imported one at a time. Not a good option.

There HAS to be a better way, I hope....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/export-windows-live-mail-contacts-173387.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Setting up a new computer. I exported my 1929 contacts from Windows Live 2011 and saved as a csv file (excel) but when I try to import them to my new Dell, Windows Live 2012 only 45 are actually imported , with no error message. I'm dying here...Thanks, John / Airpix

A:How do I Import all csv contacts into Windows Live Mail

Hi
See if these help,
Windows Live Mail - Import Windows 7 and Vista Contacts
Import, export, or change the format for contacts - Windows Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/353461-how-do-i-import-all-csv-contacts-into-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have just built a new PC with Windows on it My old PC had XP with MS Office OEM but I have decided to go with Open Office on my new machine to save expense I have some miscellaneous contacts and Store Windows Live in Contacts Mail some calendar reminders stored Store Contacts in Windows Live Mail on my old machine in Outlook and I need to transfer these to my new machine I thought I could do this using Windows Live Mail So I nstalled it on both machines then transferred my Contacts from outlook to WLM on the XP machine then exported them to a csv file So far so good forgetting about reminders for the moment But when I try to import the contacts csv into Windows Live Mail on my new Windows machine I find I can only import mail messages A lot of the menu icons are greyed out and there is no option to import contacts Is this because I have not set up WLM as an e-mail client I have not done this as my e-mail is web based and I dont need a client for it I just want to store some contacts reminders on it

A:Store Contacts in Windows Live Mail

WLM is an email client or program that must be downloaded and installed on a PC. Hotmail is the web based email service that Microsoft provides. If you want to import contacts into Hotmail, check out the Hotmail website for options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/184890-store-contacts-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have been using windows live mail for years, and today I noticed my contacts have all disappeared. I try to restore to a former date, but it wouldn't let me do that, either. I have Windows 7, had taken the computer in because my windows mail got corrupted and it kept downloading Outlook.com for my mail. I did not want that mail program. The computer tech fixed it for me, but at that point my contacts disappeared. AFter working on it longer, I don't know what he did, but the contacts showed up finally.

That was three days ago, now my contacts are gone again. Any suggestions how to get them back? When I log into my email program, it is titled Windows Live Mail 2012.

Thank you.

A:Windows Live Mail - lost contacts

Hello Tielfeathers,

With the way they are disappearing like that, you might check to see if you are still signed in to Windows Live Mail with your Microsoft account (Windows Live account) like below.

Usually your contacts are tied to the account you sign in to WLM with.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/313695-windows-live-mail-lost-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have been using Windows Live Mail for a while now on my contacts in all Mail Live Lost Windows Windows machine It is the newest version available I have setup my account to be a pop Lost all contacts in Windows Live Mail account to access my ISP's e-mail There were lots of contacts listed in there For some reason today I noticed a button that says quot Sign In quot I clicked on it and it asked me to sign into messenger I figured what's the harm I have never used messenger better and maybe I should start So I signed in All of a sudden all my contacts went blank in WLM No big deal I closed the program and re-opened it Lost all contacts in Windows Live Mail and still no contacts It seems like it Lost all contacts in Windows Live Mail got the conacts from Messenger which I have never used before so there were none and replaced all the current contacts Is there any way to get my old contacts back It would save me a lot of time instead of having to type them in I don't even know why it deleted them I would have been happy if it synced them up with Windows Messenger so I could have a backup online but it just deleted them

A:Lost all contacts in Windows Live Mail

Hi! isilver18, welcome to 7F

Go to the Start Orb\All Programs\Windows Live.

Right Click on Windows Live then click on Properties

Click on Previous Versions, pick a date/time before you tried messenger, click on restore, then Apply, and OK.

You can also backup your contacts. I'm trying to find a good explanation for you .
When I do I'll post it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/136973-lost-all-contacts-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello first time poster here I have a hotmail com email account and an outlook com email account Live Windows Contacts - question... Mail I would like to access these two email Windows Live Mail - Contacts question... accounts using Windows Live Mail I have set up both accounts in WLM But I noticed that I am quot signed in quot to WLM as either one or the other account even though I can send and receive email from both accounts My problem is I only have access to the contacts of the account I am quot signed in quot to So if I am quot signed in quot to WLM using my hotmail username amp password I can send an email from the outlook com account but I can only see my hotmail contacts I would like to keep the contacts separate since one is personal and one is work So I am repeatedly forced to sign in and out of both accounts when I want to get to my two contact lists Its very annoying is this how it is supposed to work or am I missing something here What I want to do is if I'm sending from my outlook com email let me see my outlook com contacts and if I'm sending from my hotmail com account let me see my hotmail contacts Is this possible to do without merging my contact lists Thanks for any help

A:Windows Live Mail - Contacts question...

When you sign in to the accounts can you not click the box to keep you signed in . I hv a hotmail account configured to WLM and that shows all the contacts I have. If you want to keep them separate just put the contacts on one account in a sub folder of the main contacts folder and same with the other one. You can then just toggle between the two!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/295247-windows-live-mail-contacts-question.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey gang!

I have an issue with Windows Live Mail, it won't let me import contacts, all options are grayed out.

OS: Windows XP, SP3 with all updates, freshly installed.

I successfully imported the email accounts, messages AND contacts after I installed Windows Live Mail. When I launched the program the next day, everything was fine except there were no contacts listed. I saw them there after the import (over 500 entries) but now they are all gone. The contact list is a .csv file exported from Windows Live Mail prior to reinstalling the OS. So I attempted to do the import all over again except I can't; all the import options are grayed out. I can create a new contact from scratch as well as create categories/groups but it won't let me import a contact list. With over 500 entries to restore I really don't want to do them by hand!

Any ideas?

A:Can't Import Contacts in Windows Live Mail

Hi -I just found this post that covers from XP to Windows 7 -http://emailclient-expert.blogspot.com.au/2010/11/windows-live-mail-how-to-import.html << These steps can be followed on windows XP and Win 7Hope it helps -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469885/cant-import-contacts-in-windows-live-mail/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi all I've read a ton of Windows Live Mail lost Contacts posts from all over and still don't know if there might be a solution to my particular situation I am using WIndows Live Mail Build I've been using Live Mail for several years always locally only I've never signed in and don't plan to It is still - Live 2009 Contacts Windows No Mail set under Connections to 'Stop signing in' just as I set it after its initial install Windows Live Mail 2009 - No Contacts All of a sudden when I select Contacts folder it says I have no Contacts When I check the Windows Live Contacts DBStore folder all the appropriate files are there including contacts edb which is M in size The value appears just as it should in the registry I use Casper backup which creates a file by file folder by folder backup My backup from just a few days ago when I know I had Contacts available because I have used my Contacts list since that backup shows exactly the same files and sizes under the backed up Windows Live Contacts folder Replacing the current folder with the backup of course then makes no difference since they are identical If the Contact database hasn't changed and the client wlmail exe has a last modified date of so it hasn't changed I am totally baffled as to why all of a sudden wlmail is telling me I have no Contacts Any thoughts would be appreciated

A:Windows Live Mail 2009 - No Contacts

It might sound like a daft question Bob but why are you using a 2009 version?? Plus I don't understand why you don't want to sign in I use Hotmail and it is my main account in WLM and I leave it just signed in.

Where your contacts are heaven knows have you tried a system restore?

You might even try these

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/download from bleeping computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/299675-windows-live-mail-2009-no-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm at my wits end. From Windows Live Mail, on my 1st PC I've exported my 1900 contacts as CSV files, (using excel) transferred to my new, 2nd machine (via email) and tried to import them to WLM but only 40% show up and there's no error message. Is there a better way to export / import contacts?

Thanks, John / Airpix

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/391789-cant-import-all-my-contacts-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 82.13%

This may be a stupid question...I can not find a way to paste information into my Windows Live Mail.

I copied a cell number from a Facebook conversation and tried to paste it to a record in my WLM contacts. No Dice. It seems to accept pastes into most of the other fields but phone #s, email addresses and websites are not allowed.

Does anyone know if this is some kind of security setting? I poked around in the WLM options and couldn't find anything.

A:No pasting into Windows Live Mail contacts?

Quote: Originally Posted by vabasgetr

This may be a stupid question...I can not find a way to paste information into my Windows Live Mail.

I copied a cell number from a Facebook conversation and tried to paste it to a record in my WLM contacts. No Dice. It seems to accept pastes into most of the other fields but phone #s, email addresses and websites are not allowed.

Does anyone know if this is some kind of security setting? I poked around in the WLM options and couldn't find anything.

Hi! Try highlighting something and then pressing CTRL and C to copy. And then to paste into those fields, press CTRL and V.

That usually bypasses ALL of the security settings.

Thanks,
ZeshanA
If I helped, please click the Scales at the top right of my post!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/49381-no-pasting-into-windows-live-mail-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi, I have windows 7. I imported contacts to google, contacts are there. The mail recipient opens in a window that is my windows live mail. When I want to send to mail recipient, I click the TO: button a window opens up without my contacts list. I have tried to import contacts from google to windows live, no way. The CSV file that I try to connect with is an empty folder. I hope I am making some sense of all of this. Please help. Thanks

A:windows live mail contacts missing.

You imported contacts into Gmail from where?
And then you exported them from Gmail to another CSV file? And when you open the CSV file, it's empty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-mail-contacts-missing.1050028/
Relevancy 82.13%

I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Not sure when this happened but I've just tried to send an email using Windows Live Mail. When I clicked on the "To" section it came up with a new screen and something about favourites. I then went to look in the "Contacts" part of WLM and the only contact was for Skype. I don't use Skype. All my contacts have disappeared.
Can anyone please tell me what is going on?

A:Windows Live Mail = Contacts have disappeared

Googled this problem and it appears Microsoft are scrapping Live Mail. So what do I do now. I currently use WLM for my main e-mail address from BT and my Hotmail account. Help please.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/windows-live-mail-contacts-have-disappeared-4600794/
Relevancy 82.13%

Where and how does Windows Mail Live 2011 store my contacts?

I just started to use W7 and WML2011 and am stumbling through the learning curve for email on this new platform. How do I add/edit/import/export contacts?

Thanks everyone!

A:Windows Mail Live 2011, contacts?

Quote: Originally Posted by toasty

Where and how does Windows Mail Live 2011 store my contacts?

I just started to use W7 and WML2011 and am stumbling through the learning curve for email on this new platform. How do I add/edit/import/export contacts?

Thanks everyone!

Open WLM > left side, Folders list > look down to the bottom......

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/167812-windows-mail-live-2011-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,

I'm currently sharing this laptop with my son and he's not to picky on his downloads. Anyway, he must've downloaded something wrong, because i had to reset my computer to the factory settings. Hence, I lost all of my WLM-contacts. Is there any way to retrieve them?

Thx!

A:Windows Live Mail: Lost Contacts

Hi Runezever, what account are you using in WLM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/168719-windows-live-mail-lost-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I've been using WLM ver for many years but some functions like the quot undo quot arrow ceased working So I just installed WLM Strange thing happened to the Contacts not all but of my contacts appear times I e there are duplicates for every contact When I Live Contacts Windows Mail issue open the Contacts folder only one address exists there for each contact While I COULD simply delete the duplicates throughout the list I run a small business on this computer and have addresses in Contacts which is now and I would have to delete of them Sitting here for an hour or more doing that is not appealing Another unexplainable thing If I go to create a new e-mail and click quot To quot to look up the name the list that appears HAS NO DUPLICATES I only see the Windows Live Mail Contacts issue duplicates if I click Contacts at the bottom left of the main WLM page So why do they show there but not when you go to select someone to put into the quot To quot box

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/windows-live-mail-contacts-issue-1066946.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am running Windows Vista 64 with Windows Live Mail (I've upgraded from the Windows Mail that comes with Vista) and discovered that I keep losing contacts that begin with the letters S - Z. When I've added them back they only stay a day or two at the most then disappear again. I have tried adding them back in the Live Mail application and also tried adding them through my web based hotmail account. Same result regardless. There are a large number of contacts without names, however when I add the name, they also do not stay more than a day. I have the most current version of Live Mail. Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-missing-contacts-363457.html
Relevancy 82.13%

All my other Live Mail features work, but suddenly today my contacts folder will not open or allow new contacts to be added. Any assistance will be appreciated.

A:Windows Live Mail contacts failure

Repair Windows Live Essentials via Programs and Features. Highlight it and click "Uninstall/Change" to get started.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/226809-windows-live-mail-contacts-failure.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am running Windows Live With Mail Freezes Contacts. Windows Ultimate x I use all of the windows live applications except for Windows Live Mail Freezes With Contacts. quot family safety quot which Windows Live Mail Freezes With Contacts. is currently not installed All of the applications run fine except for Live Mail which freezes when I am signed in and click on contacts No problems sending receiving or writing emails No problems adding contacts to an email even if I am signed in to Live It simply freezes Windows Live Mail Freezes With Contacts. when I am signed in and click on the contacts option of the application Or if I am in contacts and then sign in to Windows Live I have done a repair of all windows Live products I also followed another troubleshooting tutorial and changed the quot contacts quot folder name in order to allow Live Mail to re-synchronize contacts when I signed in again Neither of these worked I would prefer not to have to re-install the application altogether if it can be avoided Any help is much appreciated

A:Windows Live Mail Freezes With Contacts.

Hi NateZ, Welcome to Seven Forums.
You say you can sign in to WLM. Sign in to your account directly, thats where your contacts should be stored.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/197452-windows-live-mail-freezes-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have 2 contacts listed in Windows Live Mail that can?t be deleted....all other contacts can be deleted OK.
The 2 contacts are marked as Favourites and originally come from my Skype account....no idea how they came to be in my email contacts list.

Anyone know how I can remove them from my email contacts list without removing them from Skype also.

Running Windows 8.

Thanks

Jan

A:Can't delete contacts in Windows Live Mail

somewhere in the settings of skype you allowed WLM to have access, go back into the skye settings and see if you can fix it there.
If not, you might have to remove the contacts in skype, then they should remove from WLM, then just put them back but you still have to go into skype's settings and see where you have a check mark to allow Skype to put your contacts in Wlm and remove the checkmark

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/28939-cant-delete-contacts-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Can anyone help me on this?
It looks like it should be easy.
I start off by clicking on " contacts" at the bottom left (below "calendar" and above "feeds")
Then , being sure to highlight a contact , I click on the tab underneath where it says "export" (at the top near the middle -just to the right of where it says import and to the left of where it says "directories") and am invited to choose between .csv or .vcf formats.
I choose one of these and

nothing happens...

I imagine I have failed to spot the next step... unless the program is at fault

I need to do this as I want to backup the program prior to uninstalling and replacing it since there is a small problem that recurrs each time I open it...

A:exporting contacts in Windows Live Mail

What kind of small problem? It could be connected to the inability to export the contacts...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/163918-exporting-contacts-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I think I posted this to the wrong part of the forum so I am reposting
Hi,
I have been using Windows Live Mail on this computer for 5 months or more with no issues. Today, out of nowhere, all contacts, safe sender and blocked senders were gone. I never had to actually sign into my Live Mail account, but today, it prompted me to get a hotmail account so I could log into Live Mail.
I have no need for a hot mail or yahoo account as I already have email through Hughes,net, but after I signed up for a hot mail account, it automatically signs into my LIVE MAIL account also. I had to re-input 150 contacts. What has changed?
I never needed to sign in before and I always had my contacts????

Thanks
Joe

A:Windows live mail - lost contacts

Quote: Originally Posted by bluesman1952

I have been using Windows Live Mail on this computer for 5 months or more with no issues. Today, out of nowhere, all contacts, safe sender and blocked senders were gone. I never had to actually sign into my Live Mail account, but today, it prompted me to get a hotmail account so I could log into Live Mail.
I have no need for a hot mail or yahoo account as I already have email through Hughes,net, but after I signed up for a hot mail account, it automatically signs into my LIVE MAIL account also. I had to re-input 150 contacts. What has changed?
I never needed to sign in before and I always had my contacts????

WLM can be very confusing when it comes to contacts. There are two ways to use WLM (1)"signed-in" and (2)"not signed-in". Each has its own contact list. You may have been signing in automatically all the time using the same LiveID that you used when you originally downloaded WLM. (You couldn't download WLM in the first place without a LiveID.) If you again sign in with the LiveID with which you were previously signing in automatically you will again see that "signed-in" contact list.

If OTOH you really were optioned to "never sign in" (Options/Connections Tab) then you were always using the "Not signed-in" contact list. You will see that list again if you do not sign in. I'm not sure which is the case.

WLM can actually be used with multiple LiveIDs and each one will show its own contact list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/101108-windows-live-mail-lost-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.13%

i cant figure out how to clean up my contact list...i am using windows live mail....got lots of old people on there that i no longer contact  THANKS

A:How to delete old contacts in windows live mail?

Hi: Open WLM and click on your Contacts folder, on the lower left side of the window. All the tools you need to delete, add new, and edit your contacts are right there on the top of the ribbon bar. To delete a contact, highlight the contact and hit the big red X button that says "delete" under it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-delete-old-contacts-in-windows-live-mail/td-p/3023519
Relevancy 82.13%

I would like to use my WLM as my main address book and to be able to retrieve its information when I use Word or other programs

A:Where does Windows Live Mail store contacts

Hello & welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the question, it's a good one.

First I need to clarify, how do you intend to use the WLM address book in word? The Office 2007 address option is from Outlook! not WLM. The software comes as a package!

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/287379-where-does-windows-live-mail-store-contacts.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have exported this address book before, but now I can't. The words "Export/Import" no longer appear when I open the address book. The only icons on the toolbar are Organize, Views and Burn. At first, I thought it was a setting that needed attention, but I can't figure it out.

JP

Relevancy 82.13%

My Windows Live Contacts folder says it's 33.9 GB (36,425,752,576 bytes) with 14026 files and 6378 folders - opening this produces thousands of folders called {0a3191c8-1bb0 -487d-84da-c2832c85b645}, {abfd556e-aa09-4084-8cc0-b18527d7028c}and similar and sometimes several per day are created. The properties of these folders show that some are up to 28.2 mb with 13 files and 4 folders. I only have 20 odd contacts in Windows Live so why 33.9 gb of, apparently, wasted space especially as opening a selection of these simply gets me the message "This folder is empty". What is going on and what can I do?
Thanks
Colin Nicholson

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-contacts-folder-vista.956460/
Relevancy 81.7%

My Wife uses WLM (Desktop) installed on her PC to access her Google email address.

A friend installed a Google calendar on her Desktop which is not linked to her Gmail account except for login purposes,
that is the Calendar is not available if you go to the Gmail account on the web.

Is there some way to sync the Google Calendar with the WLM (Desktop) Calendar?

If I have left out required information please let me know.

Regards

Daniel

A:How to sync a Google Calendar with my Windows Live Mail Ca

2 Options , export your google calendar and import it into calendar (WLM), but this will not keep it up-to date as it's a 1 time import , or subscribe to the google calendar from within calendar (WLM)

Step by step instructions here.

How to get your Google Calendar events to show in the Calendar app in - Microsoft Community

Oh...almost forgot...when pressing the ICAL button on the google calendar settings , make sure it's the 'Private' one you choose.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/30742-how-sync-google-calendar-my-windows-live-mail-ca.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Re: Outlook 2003 not Outlook Express
Operating System: Windows XP

How do I save my Outlook Address Book (all Contacts) so I can take it from one computer (my desktop) and install it in another computer (my laptop)?

Have you ever actually done this yourself? The reason I ask is because the standard Microsoft Help and Support steps are not right.

Once again, I use Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express.

Thank you very much for your help...

BridgeTender
[email protected]

A:Outlook 2003 Address Book (Contacts)

BridgeTender said:

Have you ever actually done this yourself? The reason I ask is because the standard Microsoft Help and Support steps are not right.]Click to expand...

What steps did you try then? No point in giving you a method if you have tried it and failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-address-book-contacts.824839/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have worked diligently to import outlook .pst file/s to a new Outlook installation (Outlook 2003 on Windows 7). All contacts, emails and folders are shown correctly.

However, when I am in the inbox and click on "New" to create a new email message, then click on "To" to select the intended recipient, no contact list appears???

Does anyone know how to configure this correctly?

Thank you in advance,

Bruce Weigman

Relevancy 81.7%

I have all my contacts including postal address and email addresses stored in outlook 2010 as contacts it syncs to my iPhone and generally it works very well.

But when I want to send an email to one of these contacts I start the new email and go to the outlook address book but then if this is a recent contact that I have not emailed before.

I have to add the email address into the outlook address book as a new contact.

Then outlook asks me if I want to update the person in the contact list, clicking yes adds the email address to the contact list.

But why do I have to add the email address into the address book why does it not retrieve the email address from the contact list

So is it possible to add all my contact emails addresses into the address book without having to do them one by one.

A:What is difference between address book and contacts in outlook

Address Book was actually Windows Address Book that came with WinXP and was used by Outlook Express. Contacts in Outlook could be used to import from WAB. The Contacts in Win7 is located in C:\Users\YourLogin\Contacts appears to be separate from Outlook's Contacts which are stored along with messages, settings, etc., in Outlook's .pst file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/363002-what-difference-between-address-book-contacts-outlook.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

thanks so much for this service - I have gone through the forums and I know this is a commom question but I can't find the answer thanks for your support with this service.

Outllook 2007

I want to make distribution lists for my contacts.

I go to file new distribution list within a group of contacts and can make and save the distribion list

I open the distribution list and select members.

In address book the contacts do not appear ?

Why thanks for this service

DJ

A:Outlook 2007 address book does not see contacts

Hi Donjar,
It sounds like your contacts folder is not listed as an Outlook Address Book. Right-click your contacts folder and go to Properties and then the Outlook Address Book tab. Check the box for "show this folder as an email address book". Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-address-book-does-not-see-contacts.1035878/
Relevancy 81.7%
Relevancy 81.7%

My hard drive crashed and I have lost a bunch of email and address book contacts that were and crashed email address contacts. book not backed up I am running Windows Ultimate on a Quad-core machine with G of RAM I am running Microsoft Office and I need to retrieve my email and contacts from Outlook My hard drive is not completely dead I can try to boot from it however it immediately goes into Repair System mode I have tried numerous times to do a System Restore crashed email and address book contacts. but it never succeeds I continually get the message that quot Windows cannot repair this disk automatically quot I have tried crashed email and address book contacts. to boot from the DVD and repair the damaged files but it just goes into the same Repair System mode and I get the same message I also received the following- Problem Signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature quot quot unknown quot quot AutoFailover quot quot NoBootFailure OS Version Locale ID I also ran chkdsk R from the command prompt but it did not fix any boot problems I can however connect the hard drive as a second drive in the unit after installing Windows Ultimate on another hard drive and connect to it and read the data on the drive I have been able to retrieve all of my data files pictures music videos etc except for the Outlook data When I click on Outlook on the damaged drive I get a message about installing the program Of course the program is already installed- I just want to access it and retrieve data How can I retrieve my emails and contact information from Outlook Is there a way to repair the boot files boot ini or Registry to enalbe the hard drive to boot up Windows I am very appreciative of any help I can get

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/303884-crashed-email-address-book-contacts.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello, Will someone please help! My computer HP Pavalion Desktop Windows Vista Home Premuim. Is messed up I have been scanning for infections and backing my music, my documents, pictures etc. to Disks. Can't figure out how to back up addrees book so I don't have to put all my contacts in manually is there a way. Please Help! Thank You very much. I'm going to Recover to Manufacture I have the disks! With hopes of getting rid of my pc's issues.

A:Outlook 2007 Contacts Address Book!

You need to use the Import/Export command within Outlook to back up your PST's.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349132/outlook-2007-contacts-address-book/
Relevancy 81.7%

I sync Outlook with a Tungsten E. My Address Book is completely empty, even though it seems to be looking in the right area of Contacts. What to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-address-book-link-with-contacts.330502/
Relevancy 81.7%

*Can't Import from XP Outlook Express 'Address Book' (wab.exe) to Windows Vista Mail 'Contacts'.

-My XP laptop crashed, but a friend downloaded my harddrive to an ipod and I copied all from there.

-I imported all messages with no problems.

-I tried to follow their Importing procedure, but it doesn't show any address book to transfer from.

-I have activated for hidden files to be viewed, but still they are not showing.

-I also cannot import the address book that I correctly backed up on my external hard drive as a (csv.exe) file. I go well with the importing, but after I press the IMPORT button I get an error message saying..."Error Importing to Windows Contacts".

Are both problems related. Can I kill two birds with one stone and fix them both with one correction (yeh sure!). Please help.

A:Import XP OE Address Book to Vista Contacts

Try moving the file to your desktop and importing from there. Also move the actual file not the .csv, which is called .wab and importing from that from desktop. This can be really tricky.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-xp-oe-address-book-to-vista-contacts.589080/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,
I recently got a new computer and transfered all my pst files over to the new outlook. I have all my contacts listed in the contact folder, but for some reason they are not showing up in my address book. I had this problem in the past a little over a year ago, and remember that a friend came and did a simple click..click and mad my contacts visible in the address book, but I can't for the life of me figure out what he did and he is not available to ask. Anyone know how to get my contacts to appear in the address book. I seem to remember him doing something with properties somewhere, but I have searched all over and can't figure it out. Please help, and thank you very much.

Relevancy 81.7%

I recently moved by Outlook pst file from my desktop to a laptop since we ll be on the road the rest of this year Never mind all the dumb things I did but as of now my Contacts are accessible only by clicking the quot contacts quot bar down below the quot mail quot bar and a couple of others on the left half of the Outlook window If I click the little book icon up at the top Outlook complains that it can t open the Contacts folder then gives me a chance to select another folder from a drop-down list that says Address book Contacts Contacts Contacts None of these work They all either can t be opened or contain no information So My Question IS If every Outlook Contacts lost Book Address contacts folder Outlook can list is either gone or empty where are the contacts which show up by pressing the Contacts bar actually located And how do I put them into the Address Book so that when I type in the first few letters of a contact in the quot To quot box it will give me the chance to accept what it pulls up And how do I find out where the empty missing Contacts folders are and get them the hell off the drop-down list Thanx in advance al nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi

I'm using XP & outlook 2002 sp3.

I have both contacts folder and address book - first question is I'm not sure thats the way its supposed to be?

Main issue is I have different entries in them - some of my contacts are not in address book, and the other way round. Can't really figure out how this came about - but can they be synchronised? Or better, can I get rid of one and have the other do both jobs?

Thanks

Relevancy 81.7%

My hard drive crashed and I have lost a bunch of email and address book contacts that were not backed up I am running Windows Ultimate on a Quad-core machine with G of RAM I am running Microsoft Office and I need to retrieve my email and contacts from Outlook My hard drive is not completely dead email address contacts. and crashed book I can try to boot from it however it immediately goes into Repair System mode I have tried numerous times to do a System Restore but it never succeeds I continually get the message that Windows cannot repair this disk automatically I have tried to boot from the DVD and repair the damaged files but it just goes into the same Repair System mode and I get the same message I also received the following- Problem Signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature unknown AutoFailover NoBootFailure OS Version Locale ID I also ran chkdsk R from the command prompt but crashed email and address book contacts. it did not fix any boot problems I can however connect the hard drive as a second drive in the unit after installing Windows Ultimate on another hard drive and connect to it and read the data on the drive I have been able to retrieve all of my data files pictures music videos etc except for the Outlook data When I click on Outlook on the damaged drive I get a message about installing the program Of course the program is already installed- I just want to access it and retrieve data How can I retrieve my emails and contact information from Outlook Is there a way to repair the boot files boot ini or Registry to enalbe the hard drive to boot up Windows I am very appreciative of any help I can get

A:crashed email and address book contacts.

Hello,I would suggest using a live Linux disk to copy the files containing your Outlook contacts (they are usually .pst files) to a flash drive, then reimport it into Outlook on a healthy machine.Here is how to import contacts into Outlook using .pst files.Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578950/crashed-email-and-address-book-contacts/
Relevancy 81.7%

My operating system is Windows -bit I transferred 2007--Contacts Outlook not in Address Book all of my files from my old computer which Outlook 2007--Contacts not in Address Book ran XP--SP My email client on that computer was Outlook After transferring the files I loaded Outlook onto the new computer and carried out whatever setup instructions I was given The standard toolbar on Outlook has a search box labeled quot Search address books quot On my old computer if I wanted for example to Outlook 2007--Contacts not in Address Book look up a contact s phone number I could search via that box and find the contact On the new computer no name comes up in that box when I search it It s empty To look up a contact I have to go from the Email page to the Contacts page and search in a box labeled quot Search All Contact Items quot All of my contacts are in there actually they re in there twice somehow duplicate contacts folders were made and the search box locates them I do not have a problem with email addresses When I begin to type the name of a contact in the quot To quot box of an email a list of contacts email addresses appears in a drop-down box just as it did on my old computer I want to include all of my contacts in the address book that appears on the Outlook toolbar Can anybody tell me how to do it Thanks nbsp