Windows Support Forum

My DVD burner is burning blanks, help

Q: My DVD burner is burning blanks, help

I dunno when it started really but my DVD burner LITE-ON DVD Burner has been burning burning blanks I am currently using NERO to burn my files I dont know why but when I burn it consumes a lot of memory to the point where when i play music it stutters and i cant watch movie coz My blanks, is burner DVD burning help my screen jumps ur like watching a stop motion movie well the main problem is that my burner wont burn pls if anyone has this problem and My DVD burner is burning blanks, help had a remedy for it pls tell me or i will have no choice but to buy a new one which costs me sigh Hope you guys can help me out Tnks a lot in advance and have a nice day PS The dvd-r that im burning when i put it back in the dvd rom it says it us blank but i had just burned files on to it and it took mins to burn it tsk tsk tsk how many time did i use the word BURN in this post lol UPDATE I tried to use the dvd-r s that i burned before and burn some stuff on it again but it says its not empty and that i can delete it burn new stuff on it The burning speed is weird though it only allows me to burn at x My DVD burner is burning blanks, help speed well be trying another software to burn ill post the update if its successful or not INFO Im using DVD-R disc s and not DVD-RW in case u were wondering nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My DVD burner is burning blanks, help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My DVD burner is burning blanks, help

Hi

You sure that Nero isnt using the image recorder. top tabs "recorder" > "choose recorder", as opposed to the actual DVD burner.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-is-burning-blanks-help.116107/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys,
I think I know the answer to this but I'll ask anyways.
I have a LG GSA-H10N DVD+R DL burner. It will read any discs except for the ones I need it too. The DVD+R DL discs, blank and ones with stuff on them. IT will read any other discs, any ideas?

A:DVD+R DL Burner not reading dl blanks

I am having same problem now

but this is a weird one....
I had burnt an image file to a dvd yesterday... and I used it to install etc..

Now this morning on my desktop pc..it only reads the blank as "Empty"
And the same for my laptop..reading disc as empty..

SO I immediately burnt a new copy off the image...
and that copy is being read as blank as well!

Now both copies aren't working...
and the thing is the first copy worked fine yesterday..

Is this a drive problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-dl-burner-not-reading-dl-blanks.517399/
Relevancy 68.37%

i have a mitsumi CR-48xCTEcd burner and when i place a blank cd to burn something it says the cd is full......i think this started happening when i dowloaded sp2 also sometime ......like once in a blue moon it will burn something. But it reads all cds, so could someone tell me how to fix this??
thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burner-doesnt-read-blanks.381914/
Relevancy 68.37%

Liteon DVDRW SOHW832S 8X Burner, it's about 1 & a half years old. I had xp pro SP2, nero 6.6, clone cd 5.9, dvd shrink 3.2, dvd decrypter & had to format & reinstall xp home SP1 (I don't have xp sp2). Now the burner doesn't recognize some dvd-r 's that it used & worked fine when I had xp sp2. It would just spin & blink make noise and says insert a blank.......but sometimes it burns on the same dvd-r that it didn't read previously!!!

So, is it time to get a new burner? XP SP2? Or inferior blanks.
Thanks!!!

A:DVD Burner doesn't recognize some blanks

What Brand meida? it is possible you have a bad batch. also check to see if the drive is operating in DMA or PIO mode. you can find out in device manager under IDE ATA|ATAPI Controllers, look in the advanced tab on the IDe channel the drive is on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-doesnt-recognize-some-blanks.53624/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have bought new Gigabyte GA-EP -UD P and Samsung DVD burner IDE interface It is only one DVD is SP3 burning not burner in XP IDE devide in the system I can read CDs or DVDs but cannot burn any at any speed I checked my old samsung as well which is working fine with DVD burner is not burning in XP SP3 my another ASROCK DVD burner is not burning in XP SP3 mobo but it is giving the same error I updated burner Firmware buy it did not help Do I need to go with SATA burner or the is another way to fix the issue I put it automatic IMAPI in services - apply--then reboot But still the same problem error in NERO reset occurred invalid write state TSST corp Could not perform End Track burn process failed at x I did more tests I can read boot folder on CD I burned there are kB was recorded but no files are recorded that I mentioned in NERO Is it Windows problem it is recording GHOST under MS-DOS Please your ideas Thanks beforehand Tongue Tied

A:DVD burner is not burning in XP SP3

Have you tried updating Nero;

http://www.nero.com/eng/support-downloads.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-burner-is-not-burning-in-xp-sp3-323813.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have bought new Gigabyte GA-EP -UD P and Samsung DVD burner IDE interface It is only one IDE devide in the system I can read CDs or DVDs but burning not XP in burner is SP3 DVD cannot burn any at DVD burner is not burning in XP SP3 any speed DVD burner is not burning in XP SP3 I checked my old samsung as well which is working fine with my another ASROCK mobo but it is giving the same error I updated burner Firmware buy it did not help Do I need to go with SATA burner or the is another way to fix the issue I put it automatic IMAPI in services - apply--then reboot But still the same problem error reset occurred invalid write state TSST corp Could not perform End Track burn process failed at x I did more tests I can read boot folder on CD I burned there are kB was recorded but no files are recorded that I mentioned in NERO Is it Windows problem it is recording GHOST under MS-DOS Please your ideas Thanks beforehand nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burner-is-not-burning-in-xp-sp3.779615/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have not posted here for a good while but have come back here simply because this is the best forum for computer problems I have tried a few others but here is best so am back with yet another bank of problems so here goes First problem is basically my Optiarc multi dvd recorder is not working it plays discs no problem but I not ? burning burner DVD cannot burn information onto a disc Now I was trying to burn my music collection onto a DVD using windows media player everything went ok the burn completed but the problems started when the disc would not eject I closed the media player and opened computer in the start panel then tried to view the properties of the dvd All I got was the wobbly wheel computer doing something symbol which hung around for ages interspersed DVD burner not burning ? with a CD DVD burner not burning ? disc symbol nothing DVD burner not burning ? else could be done whilst this was going on The DVD in the drive was clattering and clunking as if the read head was moving back and forth hunting After a minute or so of this a window came up to say there was no disc in the burner and the pane that came up was the format disc window So I have scanned for spyware viruses etc no problems there so it something else has anyone any ideas as I am due to do my back up and need the drive not to mention backing up photos music and other data Oh I checked the driver for the dvd recorder it is according to the properties current nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Each time I try to burn a DVD I always get an error. My DVD burner is capable of burning CD's onto CD-R's but whenever I put a DVD-R in to burn I keep on getting an error.

I have tried several DVR+R and DVD-R but I am still having a problem burning DVD's.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

Recently, it has come to my attention that my computers CD burner is no longer functioning. The other day I was trying to burn some pictures to give to a friend, and it would go through the process, but then at the end it would say that there had been a problem, and the program needed to close. The result is a ruined CD-R, and no files burned anywhere.

This is beginning to become a problem, as I used to use it to regularly back up word onto CD-RW's and would like to do so again.

This problem persists as well on burning music, or anything for that matter, and I'm out of ideas.
Please, if anyone knows anything about this, tell me, and I'll get you whatever statistics, logs, or anything needed to diagnose this.

Thanks,
--Fate

Relevancy 55.47%

I ve tried multiple types and it will not write burner DVD not burning to anything Up until about a couple weeks ago I had no problem at all I was using Nero before it started acting up I unistalled it and downloaded Roxio and now I m back to Nero again Here is the error DVD burner not burning log C - - E -MAAX- - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Nero Express Recorder lt BENQ DVD DD DW gt Version B W - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt Generic DVD-ROM gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt SCSI gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral WDC WD EB- DJF atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral BENQ DVD DD DW atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral Generic DVD-ROM d prt Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map BENQ DVD DD DW E CdRom Generic DVD-ROM G CdRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled ISO compilation PM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL PM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE PM ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD DVD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder BENQ DVD DD DW Media type DVD-R Disc Manufacturer CMC MA - G AE Disc Application Code Disc Physical Code PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks E BENQ DVD DD DW -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare E BENQ DVD DD DW for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to Idx Idx Next Trk TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr Size NWA RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL LOCK VOLUME PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Caching options cache CDRom or Network-Yes small files-Yes lt KB PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Recording mode Sequential Recording Mode for Multisession PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode No PM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- Disc Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Media Type Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD-R Part Version x Extended Part Version Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type recordable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Sector Number in Layer h LBN FFFD h MB Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does n... Read more

A:DVD burner not burning

Hello, hyabusa, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, please attach logs as attachments as per the instructions here, then i will gladly see what's up. That link refers to a specific program but you can apply it to your log

By the sounds of it though you may need to install updated drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-not-burning.88113/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi There I am having an issue with my DVD Burner It used to work fine I was able to burn DVDs Using Roxio I fixed an issue related to AVI files by installing a program called K-Lite Codec Pack During the installation I was asked to approve some erroneous registry entries that existed Since then I have had issues with the DVD Burner HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B The drive doesn t show up in as a valid DVD Burning!! not Burner letter on my list of drives When I go to the device manager it has a yellow next to it Code What I have tried so far Un-uinstalled and re-installed the device driver Followed instructions on Microsoft com to Manual steps to delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values that can cause CD access problems http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb en-us At that point DVD Burner not Burning!! I could see the drive and the exclamation mark in the device manager was gone however I could not burn any DVDs it didn t recognize it as a burner So I un-installed and re-installed roxio and now I DVD Burner not Burning!! am back to where I was at the start Code My System Pentium Ghz Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Any help would be greatly appreciated Awni nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Recently I turned on my Dell ancient Windows SE It gets above Kb sec download speed Got to keep it humming This morning I get an error message not being able to write to the C Drive Press any Key to continue I had to do this a few times I then powered down and Burner burning not booted back up This never happened before I noticed a day later that the black boot up screen was missing some of the brief DOS style info This has always been its start up configuration Anyway I ve made improvements over the years and know that this was not the only thing that would probably Burner not burning change Surprise My CDROM LG CD-RW CED- B won t burn correctly Here is the other shoe It seems to go through the burning process with no Burner not burning results No error messages No sign of a problem It still plays CD s It still reads data files I tried burning with Window Media and Winamp Nothing I reinstalled Roxio plat Software updated from site Nothing The strange thing is the disk that is burned is formatted for the amount of space needed for the amount of information to be burned but without the actual information What Sounds strange I bought a new CompUSA internal drive CD-RW x and installed it It wouldn t read any disks So I put back in the old one If it can read disks why won t it write Does this sound like a hardware or software problem nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

A friend of mine says DVD's can be burned on a CD burner "if it is done right". What does she mean and how can this be done?
Thanks for advice.
Nick Gill

A:dvd burning on a CD burner

Gill
Check out the link below. You will find almost everything you need to know. I will tell you that unless you have a computer with a cpu that runs over 1 gig the process is very slow. I live with my daughter and 3 grandkids so I copy the original so the kids don't ruin it. I would much rather than ruin the copy

http://www.vcdhelp.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-on-a-cd-burner.103580/
Relevancy 55.47%

I searched the forums for a while and couldn't find a solution for my problem, so I figured it was time to register and ask for myself... Anyway:

I have an older HP Pavillion a1250n with an HP DVD Writer 740b drive.

The drive itself can read CD-ROM and Audio CD's, but cannot seem to read DVDs or write anything at all.

I have tried a few things to far to solve the problem to no avail:

Reinstalled Roxio burning software
Upgraded to Roxio Creator 2011
Updated drive firmware
Ran Microsoft MATS_Run.DVD. (This program told me that this device is not capable of writing, but I have used it many times in the past.)

I appreciate any suggestions you guys have. Thanks!

Also, the second DVD read only drive that I have on the machine reads DVDs just fine.

Relevancy 55.47%

My Sony CRX210E1 CD Burner acts like it is burning a disk normally but nothing gets burned on the disk. I tried using Nero version 5.0 and I also tried B's Recorder Gold version 3.33 The result was the same with both. I tried uninstalling both and installing them one at a time, still neither worked. I uninstalled them both and cleaned the registry before installing them. I tried removing the CD from device manager and letting windows reinstall it.

I have Windows 98 SE Cyrix M II 366 256 RAM

A:CD Burner not burning

It does sound like you are using simulate rather than actual recording

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burner-not-burning.134324/
Relevancy 55.47%

I heard from a friend that there is a possible way to burn CDs without paying about $100+ for a CD burner. I've found programs over CNet about it, but all they do is give me popups. Is there a working program that does this? Thanks.

A:Burning CDs without a burner..

Sorry you do need a burner to burn cd disks. Disks are burnt with a lazer beam. Anyone trying to sell you something that they claim will do it is running a scam. You can get a burner for a lot less than $100. I don't know where you are located but if you are in the US check the link below. They have burners from $30 up.

http://www.pricewatch.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds-without-a-burner.138525/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I have a hp pavilliondv5000 with windows XP. Out of nowhere, my cd/dvd drive stopped working. I wrote for help on the site and received it- now I can play cd's, dvd's and load programs, but my cd burning applications do not recognize the drive. Both itunes and sonic say there is no disk drive. I have reinstalled both programs as well as the cd drive- I dont know what else to do- thanks for your help!

A:Cd burner not burning

There is a possibility the aspi layer is not installed properly.The aspi layer helps software read the drives hard and optical.In the download there is a aspi check file as well as the aspi drivers you can use this to check if your current installation is good. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/aspi.cfm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burner-not-burning.909149/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi

I recently had a problem where my cd burner would not burn after completing 5% (using nero) , after much mucking about i bit the bullet and bought a new writer (lite- on), problem fixed, it was great, i emphasis the word 'was', it is now doing the exact same thing, burning until it reaches 5% and then just waiting for around 15minutes before delivering a lovely 'failed ' message.
please help!

jase

A:Cd Burner Not Burning

Eek. That's bad . When that happened to me, it turned out my cd drive had died, and I had to send it in to get it fixed!

Your cd drive may very well be dieing. Hopefully, it may just be that the lens on the cd drive needs cleaning. If you are not under warrenty, you mght try that. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. It stinks, I know!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39973/cd-burner-not-burning/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi
Is there a burner for burning my PowerPoint slides to DVD?

A:Is there a burner for burning PowerPoint to DVD?

alternative solution is to convert powerpoint to video with VideoPPT
& burn video to DVD-player with Nero

LINK 1
LINK 2

http://www.vistax64.com/software/99476-there-burner-burning-powerpoint-dvd.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there! I can burn small avi movies on a CD burner. It encodes it to VCD rather easily, but I can't do it on my DVD burner. Save them, yes, but burn them so I can watch it on a DVD player,no. Any help? [Am using Nero] Also, some movies freeze up even after loading a ton of codecs.

Relevancy 55.04%

hello, my pacific digital dual format 4x dvd burner has stopped recognizing and/or burning cd's. it still works fine when viewing or burning dvd's however.

the drive is recognized by the computer, but if i put any type of cd in there it appears as if the drive has no disc in it.

do these units have two separate lasers? is it possible that the one dedicated to cd's has gone bad, or is there only one to run both fuctions?

i have run mcafee to check for a virus and i have tried a restore point from when it was working. neither helped.

any ideas out there? i would appreciate it.

A:dvd burner has quit burning cd's but dvd's ok

Send it back for warranty repair. I've seen several of these units go bad, including one of mine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burner-has-quit-burning-cds-but-dvds-ok.257367/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,,,,, Just wondering if i am using cheep CD players and DVDrw . Every few months i have to buy new ones. Don’t think I do a lot of burning but I do play a lot of games. do i need to buy better CD/DVDrw.... Thanks for your time DOJ

Relevancy 55.04%

I m hoping someone can lend a hand I ve been on the phone with HP technical support for two days and to no avail Any assistance would be greatly appreciated I recently purchased a new system that runs Windows Vista Ultimate x The system came standard with several burning programs including a full Roxio suite and Windows DVD Maker The programs that came with the computer Burning Software Some Can't Burner See have no trouble burning CDs and Some Burning Software Can't See Burner DVDs Any program I install however can t seem to understand that there is a burner For example I installed iTunes When I Some Burning Software Can't See Burner insert a blank CD DVD iTunes lets me know of a few options I have including a description on how to burn a playlist When I try to burn a playlist however it tells me that quot disc burner or software not found quot When I run the the burner diagnostics in iTunes the diagnostic stops prematurely and reads as follows Failed while scanning for CD DVD drives error Error while opening iTunes CD driver This could be caused by a corrupted iTunes file or a conflict with other older CD burning applications either currently installed or previously installed and uninstalled incorrectly Another program I use though older is Sony s DVD Architect Studio When I go to burn a DVD creation the application can t even Some Burning Software Can't See Burner see that a DVD burner is present Here are the things I have tried so far Reinstalling impacted software iTunes DVD Architect etc Uninstalling and reinstalling DVD burner drivers Removing iTunes completely an HP tech found a post that said iTunes would make the optical drives in HP systems unstable That didn t help and I m running not Clearing the upper and lower filter in the registry editor per the aforementioned post found by the HP tech Deleted other burning applications Completely wiped the computer and started from scratch with a full System Recovery HP is now claiming that perhaps there is something wrong with my computer s ability to do a System Recovery and that I should purchase their physical recovery disks I don t buy that claim nor am I going to buy their recovery disks It seems to me more like something on the computer is preventing new software from recognizing that I do have a burner Anyone got a clue Like I said I d sure appreciate any assistance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-burning-software-cant-see-burner.587074/
Relevancy 55.04%

I want to burn jpg images (and mp3 files) to see and hear on a dvd player which says it plays those. What is a good burner to buy to do this?

A:Buy what burner for jpg burning to see on dvd player?

Get Nero-
To view pictures on your dvd player you need to burn a VCD (video cd);
then you can flip through pictures on your dvd player like a slideshow.
To listen to music through dvd player: create an audio cd or a mp3 cd - your dvd player will be able to play these.

Nero will be able to create all of these for you.

you need a cd or dvd burner on your pc of course; just about any cd or dvd burner can make audio / VCD cds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buy-what-burner-for-jpg-burning-to-see-on-dvd-player.413030/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I had this computer for over 5 months now and recently the dvd burner stopped burning. The program I use to burn is called Convertxtodvd and in its log it says that the drive is in pio mode. Now I go to the device manager to change it back to dma but the ide ata/atapi tab is missing(i dont remember if it was there in the first place ). The drive is connected by sata and im clueless on what to do. Please help Thanks.

Relevancy 55.04%

I will soon be buying my first DVD burner.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152055

one of the things i plan on doing with it is making copies of some of my collection to be played on a normal TV DVD player (as well as my portable one). I understand i need software for this and was wondering what some of the more recommended ones are. And if there are any free ones that are worth it (other than free trials). I would prefer one that also burns CDs (im not sure if they all do or not) and works will all formats. My biggest concern though, is that whatever i burn will play on a TV DVD player.

P.S. If anyone has any feedback on my burner that would be helpful (for or against), it too would be appreciated.

thanks

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a LG DVD rom/ CD burner 48-24-48 model GCC 4480B.

(My other specs are in my sig.)

It is supposed to burn CDS at 48X speed, but all I'm getting is around 16X speed.

I'm using Nero Burning Software, and I set it at 48X, but it takes 4-5 minutes to burn a CD.

I tried another burning app, I think it was Roxio platinum 5, and that's when I saw the actual speed was 16x.

How can I get all 48x out of it?

Thanks!

Relevancy 55.04%

My sister's CD burner in the Dell Lattitude D620 is not working right. It's been constantly burning 'coasters' out of CD-Rs. The Dell website doesn't have any drivers for the CD burner. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 55.04%

Well before I go into details I know most of the people on here will want to know the DVD burner info and etc DVD Burner - Samsung Writemaster TSSTcorpCD DVDW TS-H U Burning Software - Roxio Media Creator DVDs - nexXTECH GB x Now to the story and problem I will begin in the Data CD creator which I have already selected what items I want burned and = No + Burner DVD Roxio Burning? am ready to burn The disc is set to GB DVD and fits with plenty of room to spare I click burn on the organizer screen and then select which drives to burn to Thinking all is well I click the DVD burning drive insert a DVD R into the drive make sure its clean empty and then setting the speed accordingly The setup looks Roxio + DVD Burner = No Burning? exactly like this All preped and ready I press the Burn button The problem begins here The DVD is ejected from the drive and a new box appears It looks as follows It says I may only insert a CD if it Roxio + DVD Burner = No Burning? is a CD-R RW CD R RW when really it is a DVD burning drive Additionally it says I can write at speeds of x when in reallity it can only write at speeds of x I can t burn to a DVD because of this and it ejected the DVD My first responce was to change DVDs and push the tray back in Which gave me this screen All looks well and in place Untill I press the Continue Burning button which brings up the problem and ejects the DVD once more I am unable to burn my DVDs and I believe my Hard drive on my other computer will be giving out soon I need urgent help nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I searched for this topic and there was none this specific.

I am burning video, audio, and picture files into CD-R, but all i am getting is errors stating: "This CD may no longer be usable..." I don't agree with that statement at all considering all other, similar, files were somehow burned onto a CD-R but this one is not working. I don't understand why.

I thought it might be one cd, so i switched to a different one, and same problem. I have tried at least 10+ cd trying to burn files but it's not working and i am getting same error message. I even tried burning different files from different folder (vids, photos, and audio files) and it worked, but not this one.

Can someone please help me? I am just so frustrated right now and i don't know what to do.

Thank you!

A:CD burner not burning files.....

This sounds like a hardware issue. Have you tried going to the CD drive manufacturers website to see if there's a firmware update? If there is one, install it. If not, you might need to replace the drive. I had one doing similar stuff a while back and ended up replacing it. CD/DVD burners are cheap these days. Being this close to Christmas, you can probably get a steal of a deal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burner-not-burning-files-536656.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been having issues with my main desktop computer which My but reads has DVD stopped burning... burner runs Windows Home Premium -bit My DVD burner stopped working a couple of months ago When I say it stopped working I guess I should say that it stopped successfully burning discs It still reads just fine It just won't burn Any discs I My DVD burner reads but has stopped burning... try to create seem to make it to about - before failing and I wind up with a coaster I don't tend to need to burn all that much anymore and my wife and I have been extremely busy around the house so I've put off troubleshooting for a while Skip ahead a couple of months A couple of days ago I decided to swap the drive with a known good My DVD burner reads but has stopped burning... spare that I have Guess what The same results The drive reads just fine but only burns to about - before failing The suspected bad drive works fine in another computer Obviously I have some software driver issue Unfortunately I have no idea what may have changed to cause this Also after two months of installing and uninstalling this and that I really don't think I have any good Restore Point options Before I decide My DVD burner reads but has stopped burning... to reformat and start fresh to fix the problem does anyone have any ideas of any settings or anything that I could look at that may help Thanks in advance to anyone that may have any ideas - Byron Followell

A:My DVD burner reads but has stopped burning...

What program are you using to burn?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/304457-my-dvd-burner-reads-but-has-stopped-burning.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hi there all, small prob i have, on my desktop everytime i burn a dvd video the resultant dvd is unreadable by any of my dvd players( xbox, dvd player, laptop) but if i try reading it on my desktop its fine, its not a batch of bad dvds as i have even copied the same movie to my laptop and burned it fine from there. any help please !!!!

Relevancy 54.18%

hey all, i have windows XP and only up to couple days ago, ive been having issues making my mix cds etc, i try to burn with files on my pc and somtimes it works fine, othertimes it stays at 2X then tells me its failed.......now i bought a 50 pack of cd-r and ive used only like 10 of them in total, i have 15 left so all the rest have failed!. ive tried setting the burning option to 32x and it burnt a cd like a mix cd all blended and i never selected it to do that, also some cds are skipping when the ones i burn work. any help is good help thank u

Relevancy 54.18%

I just installed Win K Pro on my friend s computer which also burning Slow fast a CD-RW burner... on has a x x LG CD-RW I believe this is a fast and reliable burner His system is a GHz Celeron with M of DDR ram The software Slow burning on a fast CD-RW burner... that is running in the background includes McAffee Virus Scan and Sygate Firewall I installed two CD-RW software packages Roxio Easy CD Creator Slow burning on a fast CD-RW burner... and Nero Burning software Both of these programs did not burn at a very fast speed using x and x I have a x burner on a slower computer with more background processes that burns faster Are there any ideas as to what could be slowing down the burning process My first thought was background processes that were hogging CPU time Could it be the media It is older BASF blank CD-Rs P Slow burning on a fast CD-RW burner... S As extra info the Nero software includes a bar showing the read buffer and this value is usually at during the entire burn process nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

So i am working on burning some pictures and my Drive keeps coming up with

E:/ is not accessible.
Incorrect Function.

I do have a CD DVD burner, I bought it from Newegg about a year and a half ago..

I have been searching the forum and have found answers to this question, but none of them have worked...

any trouble shooting things that anyone can help with??? this is really getting annoying...

ps, it burns CD's fine.. I just burned a mp3 CD earlier today from iTunes.... i just cant the get the pictures to burn..

A:Burner drive not burning pictures

Replace the burner

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burner-drive-not-burning-pictures.97566/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a NEC DVDRW ND3550A

I want to know if anyone tried burning different brand names on this buner and what speed they are getting. The fastest media I tried was Fuji DVDs and got 12x.

please respond soon.

A:burning with different dvd blabk media on a NEC burner

Try Verbatim 16X.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-with-different-dvd-blabk-media-on-a-nec-burner.511192/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been having an issue with burning dvd's for the past 2 months. It will get to about 99% and it will start finalizing and then give me an error saying it be burned because an error has occurred. Please make sure the burner is connected or try using another blank disc. I have tried several different dvd's with same result.

A:DVD Burner won't finish burning disc

What software is being used? What disc format are you burning? What disc type are you using?

Getting that far into the burn process, I'd suspect the media or the drive is faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burner-wont-finish-burning-disc.1102643/
Relevancy 54.18%

Not very tech-savvy. Would like to burn copies of mp3 audio files from my computer onto cds (choir rehearsal recordings). Bought a PRODuplicator. Burned some mp3s onto a CD disc from my computer, then tried to use that as my master in the duplicator. My computer can play the disk, but not my car stereo. I suspect a CD formatting issue?

Jim
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3033 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1293 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 137586 MB, Free - 33842 MB; E: Total - 14999 MB, Free - 8702 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0G848F
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 54.18%

So I just tried to burn a DVD using CloneDVD. I have burned DVD's before using this program on my laptop. I recently built a desktop and am still working out some kinks. So I put in the movie, it said it was writing to computer. I then put in the blank DVD, it said it was burning. I take it out and put it in my laptop, and it says there are no files on the DVD. How come my LiteOn burner is not working?

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys, i have a lite-on 16x dd burner and most the time it takes mabey 5 min to burn a dvd, well all of a sudden it takes like 3 hours, i useually burn lower then 16x, mostly 12x or 8x well it shows effective burn is 12x but it burns at like -1x lol. cant figure out why.

A:Lite-on Burner Burning REALLY slow.

Is this an ide type burner or sata? If ide, have you checked that it has not reverted to PIO mode? Do this in device mgr. Open atapi controllers and check each channel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lite-on-burner-burning-really-slow.759566/
Relevancy 54.18%

My old (mts burning necessary for a files) Is video blu-ray burner HD PC suffered from blue screen of death in Dec So when it came time to purchase a camcorder a month ago I decided I would buy a whole new PC as well The purpose of the camcorder was to record my husband s hour long adult flag football games on Saturday nights with the intent of creating dvd copies of the games to give to Is a blu-ray burner necessary for burning HD video (mts files) the team to learn where they exceed fail etc I went to Best Buy I know Is a blu-ray burner necessary for burning HD video (mts files) and requested a purchasing consultation so that the camcorder I purchased would do what I wanted along with the PC I purchased being capable of burning several DVD s each weekend for weeks of the year Basic gist - HD Camcorder and a PC with a great graphics card and the ability to edit and burn DVD s After hours of education and guidance from consultants who I believed were quite knowledgeable I m unable to burn my HD movies onto Is a blu-ray burner necessary for burning HD video (mts files) a DVD using either the VideoBrowser utility that came with the Canon VIXIA HFR camcorder or even the Windows DVD Maker The error message I get when trying to burn to a DVD R DVD RDL or DVD RW is quot This disc is not supported Insert any of the following disc DVD R DVD RDL or DVD RW Make sure to use a disc that supports the writing speed of the drive quot After further investigation and consult I ve been given two options You can only burn an HD video using a Blu-ray burner Why would you buy a Blu-ray burner just upload the videos in HD to Youtube so everyone can watch them on their smart tv So my questions are Do I really need a Blu-ray burner to create HD copies of the video Is there a way to convert the HD movies to an SD format so they can be burned onto a regular DVD Is youtube really an option I tried one earlier and it said my movies would be broken into minute segments Well that s not so cool for minute football games Although I love the idea of just putting it in the Cloud and being done with it So what do you all think Game is coming up on April th and I d love to hand out a viewing option to the other adult male flag football players nbsp

A:Is a blu-ray burner necessary for burning HD video (mts files)

the standard DVD players will only play back at 480 quality - so you cant get HD on standard DVD.
you can copy the file onto the as a data DVD to only playback on a PC

The burning software, when burning to a standard DVD should change to the 480 format - so that should burn

you are on windows 7 - correct ?
The error message I get when trying to burn to a DVD+R, DVD+RDL, or DVD+RW is "This disc is not supported. Insert any of the following disc: DVD+R, DVD+RDL, or DVD+RW. Make sure to use a disc that supports the writing speed of the drive.".Click to expand...

what discs are you using ?

tutorial for creating a dvd with windows dvd maker
http://www.7tutorials.com/how-burn-dvds-windows-dvd-maker
you may want to bring the file into
windows live movie maker and burn from there
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker-get-started

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-a-blu-ray-burner-necessary-for-burning-hd-video-mts-files.1048147/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having trouble when I am burning either a dvd/cd. The problem is that it will only go so far and then the system reboots the 2 burners I have are a Liteon dvdrw ldw-411s(DVD) and Liteon ltr-52246s(CD) my OS is XP. Can anyone help at all?

Micatex

A:system shutting down while burning either with dvd/cd burner

do you have any thing else going on while you are burning? that cool fish tank screen saver on winXP? have you tried burning smaller size images? are you doing a test and burn our just burn? does it do the same in simulate mode(test only with no real burning?) my guess is you are running out of system resources but knowing more would hlep. i dont know any thing about those dirves what software are you using to burn?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-shutting-down-while-burning-either-with-dvd-cd-burner.10077/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
Recently i've had a problem with my sony dvd rw drive. a few days ago it was working fine. I've burnt multiple movies with this burner and software but, then one day all of the sudden, BAM...i try to burn a movie and an error comes up ten minutes later. regular music cd's and mp3's burn fine still but i can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is. Also, when i open up the "my computer"window, it says that i only have a cd-rom drive when i pop a blank dvd into the tray. Please help me out with this.

Thank you.

Relevancy 54.18%

My CD DVD burner recently started burning discs that do not play burning burner discs! bunk CD/DVD correctly - and in fact give CD/DVD burner burning bunk discs! quot error quot errors in car stereos - but it thinks it's burning correct CDs I feel the timing of the errors coincided with my purchase of a Westinghouse L NW monitor quot widescreen type and possibly the accompanying nVIDIA driver software Additionally in the past few months - in the time when this started - I was forced to get a new hard drive when my old one pooped out so that's another variable involved But I was able to burn my files off of my old hard drive using an Ubuntu DVD as a temp operating system and I had the current monitor at that time so that gives me some pause and confusion as to what could be causing the problem Here's the detailed rundown of my system Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Dell Computer Corporation Dimension Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Main Circuit Board Board Dell Computer Corp W Serial Number CN T C Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Computer Corporation A Megabytes Installed Memory Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM ' has MB Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM ' has MB Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space AXV CD DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device CD-ROM drive HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B CD-ROM drive TEAC DVD RW DV-W E CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive ST AS Hard drive GB -- drive ST AS Hard drive GB -- drive Controllers Standard floppy disk controller Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - D Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - DB Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller x Display NVIDIA GeForce FX Display adapter WDE L NW Monitor quot vis August Communications Conexant D K V x DFVc Modem Net Adapter D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-G Adapter Multimedia Creative SB Audigy WDM Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device Other devices OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard PS Compatible Mouse USB Root Hub x All required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary have been installed --------------------------- I'm not sure if this is enough information to get a sense for why I'm having my problems but if not I'm happy to provide what other information might be I'm just confounded by this problem And thanks in advance for any amp all suggestions y'all might have -David

A:CD/DVD burner burning bunk discs!

Easy enough to see if the disk burnt - turn it over (recording side) and see if there is a darker area than the normal dye colour spiralling out from the centre of the disk. That will tell you if the DVD burner actually performed a burn. You said they don't play correctly - do they play at all (and on what equipment)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-dvd-burner-burning-bunk-discs-284831.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys,
I have an Asus DRW-1608P2 DVD-RW.
When I erase a DVD, it doesn't stop burning at all, even so the DVD is after 17 minutes earased. I can't stop the process with the taskmanager. Even I stopped the task, the DVD-RW light is still burning and I can't open the drive. I have to reboot.
When I burn a DVD it finishes "successfully" after 67 minutes! But when I abort the process after the regulary time of about 17 minutes nero shows me that at that time about 30% finished but on the DVD is already 100% copied.
First I thought it might be a technical problem with the rewriter, so I checked it at my second computer but it worked fine there.
Any help?
PT 4 630 3.0GHz
Asus P5LD2
Seagate HDD 80 GB
Windows XP Pro SP2

Relevancy 54.18%

Sometimes I receive an dialog box that reads "Cannot find burner on this computer". Sometimes it goes through the complete burning process, but when I listen to the burned CD, only 3 songs were burned. Sometimes It Burns 6 songs and that is all, it's a different amount of songs all the time. The Burner is in my computer and I have had the Computer for 2 years now, and have successfully burned about 25 cd's until now. I have an E machine with Window's XP. Do I need to have a new Burner installed? or Do I just need to do a system restore of something like that. Thank you.

A:Solved: CD Burner not Burning Correctly

Good Morning cookieman, music files off the net often contain nasty surprises, before you get too involved in other things try this routine.
Visit the smartcop site and obtain their free A/V http://www.s-cop.com/free-scanner.html
Create a folder C:\Smartcop on your drive and download and unpack the file there.
Disable your present monitoring A/V, (usually rightclicking the icon near the clock will allow disableing it) then run the smartcop by doubleclicking it's black icon. (It may be easier to place a shortcut on your desktop)
Ensure you note any problems and particulars detected by the smartcop scan, most will be in temp files so can be deleted.

After completing this scan re-run it again except this time ensure the normal A/V is in monitor mode and set deepest. (if it has any settings ability)
The smartcop scan appears to make viral things visible to the monitor so it produces "hits" as well usually.
Running these programs in "safemode" also usually produces more "hits".

If your machine has been affected it is likely you will be unable to address some viral detections.
Let us know how you go.
I have seen previous problems like yours involving this kind of problem.
Worth a try..
Others will have different ideas.
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-burner-not-burning-correctly.452954/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Pioneer A05 DVD burner and am using pinnacle impression DVD Pro I have been having problems burning longer DVD's it is going through the whole process it creates the titles then muxes the DVD then starts the burn and gets about 3/4 of the way thru the burn and then says DVD burner is not idle. I am curious to know if anyone can help me with this issue please send me an email direct to my email address which is [email protected] with any help that you can give! I have already tried slowing the speed down to 1X and that does not seem to help. I am in desperate need of help I have several wedding DVD's that need to be burned and sent out to clients in a hurry!

thanks
dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problem-message-says-dvd-burner-is-not-idle.275722/
Relevancy 53.75%

CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 x2
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9500gt
HDD: Seagate 1TB

Hi guys. I am not sure if the problem with my DVD burner is a software related one or a hardware related one. I am using HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70 SCSI CdROM device. Of late, most of the times when I am trying to burn a disc, it shows Program Memory Area Update Failure. The errors are random. At times I can burn 2-3 discs before the error pops up. At times it happens during burning the first disc. The type of files I am burning also has no effect as the error occurred as I attempted to write various types of disc. I sed ImgBurn and Nero but the problem persisted. What is the problem and what do I need to do to solve this?
Thanks in advance.

A:DVD Burner showing error when burning dvds

I am just curious to know what brand media you are using.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264359-dvd-burner-showing-error-when-burning-dvds.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I dont know what the deal is but if I pop in a blank DVD or CD that is one of the darker colored ones the PC acts like there is nothing there. My burning software spits the disc back out and request a blank DVD.

As soon as I put a light colored or silver disk in it works fine.

Why?

Is there anything I can do about it? I just bought a 10 pk of blank DVDs and they are all dark........

The drive is an NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A and supports several different flavors of DVD media.

Suggestions??

A:DVD Burner not burning dark colored disks

DVD recorders can be fussy as to media type. As you have now found.

Usually nothing can be done, it's all to do with the laser wavelength and power, vs the reflectivity of the DVD media dye.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burner-not-burning-dark-colored-disks.350457/
Relevancy 53.75%

my cd burner tends to freeze while doing anything using nero 6. I got it to burn 1 cd, but after that the light no longer comes on, on the burner. could this be a power problem or something else?

A:cd burner freezes while burning or copying with nero 6

Does the light come on during bootup? Does the tray still open?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burner-freezes-while-burning-or-copying-with-nero-6.292861/
Relevancy 53.75%

When I burn a 3.5GB RAR File using Win7's built-in burner, it's always getting "stuck" at random parts of the process. Sometimes, it gets stuck at the middle of the process, sometimes towards the end, and etc. When it gets stuck, you will see that the rate (KB/s) will not vary and it is constant. I use a LG Hitachi GBW-T10N Bluray Combo Drive with my laptop and it has the latest firmware UN09. Why is this so?

By the way, this doesn't happen when I burn using ImgBurn. Please help. Thanks.

A:Burning with Windows 7 x64 Built-in Burner Issues

If you are using the "mastered" mode with Win 7 burning that could be the problem as according to the Help File it can take up to double the disc space for the burning and if you have a 3.5GB file and burn it to a DVD it would exceed the capacity of the DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/105808-burning-windows-7-x64-built-burner-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I currently use WinDVD Creater 4 to make my DVDs. I usually have around 1-2 hours of video on the dvd's I create. In WinDVD creator it seems that it has to "Make the movie" by playing it in the little screen, while it really slowly progresses. It takes about 2 hours to make the movie in that damned program. Is there any programs that can make the movie without having to wait so freaking long?

This question has nothing to do with my dvd burner speed, just the program and how long it takes to create the dvd in the program.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Guys, I Hope I Have Put This In The Right Section. I Have A Lg Dual Layer Burner And I Have Had Endless Trouble Burning With Nero. It Comes Up Error Reading Data, Burns Incorrectly Or Wont Recognise Disc At All. I Updated Firmware And This Did Not Fix The Problem. I Took The Burner Back To The Store Thinking It May Have Been Faulty And They Replaced It But It Is Still Doing The Same Thing. At The Moment It Is Burning A Disc Through Dvd Shrink With No Problems So Far. Has Anyone Had A Problem With Nero And This Model Of Burner? I Am Using Nero Ultra Edition. Can Anyone Recommend Any Burning Software They Have Found Good?

A:I Am Having Trouble Burning With My Lg 4160b Burner And Nero Any Ideas?

Does this happen with every disk?

If so, maybe you did not install it correctly, or you have a damaged ribbon cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-having-trouble-burning-with-my-lg-4160b-burner-and-nero-any-ideas.20213/
Relevancy 53.32%

quot Asim Not supposed to show my serial key information using and dvd starts but burning nero fails burner both dvd after decryptor. 3-20%, Windows XP IA WinAspi File Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero Version Internal Version h Nero Express Recorder lt HP DVD Writer c gt Version h - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI CD-ROM lt ASUS CD-S AH gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map CdRomPeripheral HP DVD Writer c atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral ASUS CD-S AH atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral ST A atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map HP DVD Writer dvd burner starts burning but fails after 3-20%, using both nero and dvd decryptor. c dvd burner starts burning but fails after 3-20%, using both nero and dvd decryptor. E CDRom ASUS CD-S AH F CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled ISO compilation AM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings dvd burner starts burning but fails after 3-20%, using both nero and dvd decryptor. ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE AM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running AM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer HP DVD Writer c running AM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder HP DVD Writer c Media type DVD RW Disc Manufacturer ID PHILIPS Media Type ID Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks HP DVD Writer c -------------------------------------------------------------- AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder HP DVD Writer c for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc not fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at AM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- DVD Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD-ROM Part Version Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type re-writable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Physical Sector Number of Data Area D F h End Sector Number in Layer h LBN FFFD h MB Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does not exist Media Specific C - PHILIPS F C C - A E A B p E - F h AM Text File DVDPlusRW cpp Line Start write add... Read more

A:dvd burner starts burning but fails after 3-20%, using both nero and dvd decryptor.

" AutoRun : 1"

Try disabling "Auto Insert Notification"
http://help.acoustica.com/mp3-cd-burner/2kain.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-starts-burning-but-fails-after-3-20-using-both-nero-and-dvd-decryptor.29259/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have previously had problems with malware etc, i followed the instructions in the hijack this tute (downloaded Ad-Aware SE, SUPER antispyware. Mcafee stinger etc).

Prior to this i had no problems burning, i think i might have deleted something important when i was cleaning my computer.

I have tried to fix it by repairing itunes in the "add/remove program" control.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the actual DVD/CD drive, it seems to be installed fine.

How do i find out if i have deleted something important and how do i get it back?

A:Burning Error Itunes (xp) "disc Burner Or Software Not Found"

Hi lucyjee! Please note that while working on a HJT log with a member of our HJT team, it is strongly advised to NOT make any changes to your system, as this will complicate things for our HJT team members making it more difficult to help you rid your computer of malware. It is also unadvised that you make any changes to your system (installing/removing anything) unless told to by the person(s) working your HJT log. If after you've been given the "all clear" by SifuMike, and your cd/dvd drive is still not acting right, then please post again and we'll go from there.Thanks for your cooperation! HERE is your HJT log thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95370/burning-error-itunes-xp-disc-burner-or-software-not-found/
Relevancy 52.46%

When I want to burn anything useing the Windows XP folder and burning the contents within that folder, the drive that burnes the items is my new DVD Rom Burning Drive. The defult drive, used to be my previouse drive, which I still have installed in my pc, but after I installed the DVD burner, the prevouse drive changed to being not the defult drive, and the DVD one changed to being the defult drive. Why?

Is it because I installed the DVD Burner as Master, not secondary?

A:Solved: Why does Windows XP select DVD Burner as defult for burning things?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-does-windows-xp-select-dvd-burner-as-defult-for-burning-things.431444/
Relevancy 51.17%

software glich with my burner & 2 hardrives only = 127 each not 500gb

hey

heres another burner problem ha.

the burner works and runs but when i send items to be burned by win xp. the burner stops recignizing the dvd part and only does Cd's i bought a new burner NEC but nothing changes.

does anyone know a way install harddrives with out having the things only recignized as 127gb's? i have 2 seagate hardrives one 200 and the other 300 but the orignal partition only comes up at 127 then i have to do another for what evers left and lose 20 to 30 gb that way for each drive
i have both services packs and nothing changes. i don't want to partition them to 127 and then the rest is. there a way to fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-burner-not-burning-needed-boot-disk-to-set-original-partitions-in-maxtor-hardr.44675/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just yesterday found my HP 12X/8X/32X CD-burner went bad.
My question is I still have over 200 blanks CD's 1x-12x compatible speed. Do I have to get the same size burner or can I get a faster one, and still use the blanks. Thanks
ozarkike

Relevancy 41.71%

I have several blanks,and don't know for sure what they are. I've tried deleting them,but they keep coming back. Two of them have "Helix cookie file. This is a generated file. Do not edit" The other is "Royale"with rows and rows of jibberish. I have run my entire arsonal and nothing gets rid of it. I have winxp sp2.I have paid version of Ewido.Ccleaner,Avast,Win.Defender,Ad-Aware,Registery Mechanic. Nothing helps.I tried Move on Boot, and almost wiped out everything on my computer! Won't do that one again! Can anyone give me a clue as to what this is, and what to do about it? Thank you

A:Several Blanks

I have several blanksWhat does that mean? Can you be more specific?Oh, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48469/several-blanks/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys I ve just installed a new SATA HD as boot so there is a fresh windows xp pro install on it -- It s connected via a PCI controller card controller drivers up to date Whereas my storage hard-drive is IDE Now I have an annoying problem I boot it Screen blanks Help!! out!! up and log on all normal But when I do something a little more intensive can be as trivial as opening a CD drive the screen suddenly freezes momentarily before the monitor blanks out It is as though there were no video input The funny thing is the power is still on the PSU fans HD everything seems to be still up and running Could it be PSU it s w Video card New sata controller Drivers Thanks v much for any help Help!! Screen blanks out!! DoM Radeon Philips b monitor Seagate gb SATA w NCQ -- Boot Maxtor IDE gb -- Storage PSU -- w Sata controller -- by SafeCom nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-screen-blanks-out.45746/
Relevancy 41.28%

Anyone having problems with World of War craft crashing with black screen ? if so do you have any ideas on a fix?

A:Wow Blanks Moniter

It will help if you at least tell us about your hardware and operating system.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/wow-blanks-moniter.314003/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a HP Pavilion 500 PC, It has this problem of blanking out monumentally, it beeps, screen goes black and then comes back. What causes this ? it has all the updates. Also shockwave  stops working and freezes the whole works.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/175cd8c8-69bf-42bd-86c8-507443901b88/computer-blanks-out?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 41.28%

1Beyond 3215 running Windows Vista Business seems to boot perfectly until the last stage on logging in. When clicking on the User login button the screen goes blank and never recovers. The only thing you can do at that point is hit ctrl/alt/del and reboot or shut down. Have tried booting in all safe modes, and last known good configuration to no avail. The only thing I have been able to do succesfully is restore computer to an earlier point, which works foe awhile. But, soon afterward it starts doing the same thing. Any suggestions as to what is going on with this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-blanks-during-log-in-489297.html
Relevancy 41.28%

ive recently rebuilt a old computer brouth new motherboard a new cpu and new ram, pretty much jsut kept the power supply and graphics card. Now everytime i boot up, nothing appears on the screen, but the graphics card has been checked it works fine in another system ive checked it with the old mother board, still doesnt work everything else is powerd and the computer beeeps at 4 second intervals???

any suggestions??

thanks jc

A:blanks screen

What motherboard do you have? The beeps are error codes, so you will need to find out what the beeps mean. This will tell you where the error is.
Best Wishes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blanks-screen.500483/
Relevancy 41.28%

In the past few weeks I have notice that while on the Internet watching a video or on You Tube, my screen blanks out for a couple of seconds. Sometimes it comes back to what I was watching and other times it comes back to my Login screen. I've not experience this problem when I am using Windows, but then I am not on Windows for any length of time. Anyone have a clue as to what could cause this? My video card is an eVGA FX-5500 nVidia GeForce 256MB DDR. Thanks

A:Screen blanks out

I think you can blame the shoddy Nvidia drivers for that.

I know it sounds painful, but try running with the ordinary VESA driver and see if it still happens or try manually installing the newest drivers from Nvidia's site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-blanks-out.100300/
Relevancy 41.28%

MS Outlook 2007
MS Word 2007

I have a form emailed me that I want to fill out on my computer, and return,
How do I set up and insert the information onto the document?
I seem to be spinning my wheels

Thanks
Skysarge

A:Fill In The Blanks

Depends on what format the document has been sent. you can edit or fill in the details on forms if it's a pdf you just need a pdf editor

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/fill-in-the-blanks.312252/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am trying to upgrade the RAM in a friend's very old computer. It's an Acer Aspire, running at 120 mhz and originally had 16 meg of RAM, capable of going up to 64 meg. It has four slots and I purchased two 32 meg strips, 72 pin, EDO RAM. The machine starts up, counts up the correct amount of RAM, the screen clears, the cursor goes up to the top left corner of the monitor, blinks about five times and then disappears. The hard drive light stays on continuously during this procedure, stays on for another 60 seconds or less, goes out and then nothing. Machine continues to run but nothing else happens. Any clues or suggestions? Thanks.

A:New RAM, screen blanks out

Bad or incompatible memory!! Did you get the same kind that was in there previously as far as the density of the chips on the SIMM's? Some PC's refuse to do anything with double density or the memory has to be configured in the sockets a certain way. Are these parity type SIMM's? Is the old memory still in the PC when you are booting with the new? Take out the old memory and try to boot with only the new memory in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ram-screen-blanks-out.102695/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

Computer : Dell Inspiron 2600 laptop

Problem : When I boot the thing it shows the dell screen and continues on with the WinXP logo and then all of a sudden the screen goes blank but the computer keeps running ( I hear the windows startup sound )
I tried hooking up a CRT to it and it does the same thing...all the settings in BIOS seem fine, I even set them all to default.

Any ideas on this are very welcome

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-blanks-out-after-startup-12296.html
Relevancy 40.85%

my toshiba laptop when i power on it switches on the toshiba logo shows and i can also select the f2 button to go on the bios. After the logo loads and stuff the scrreeen thereafter goes black the laptop is on but the screen goes black

A:Laptop screen blanks

no i cant boot from cd at all. What happens is i power the laptop the screen shows up the toshiba signs comes up and then it just goes blank. I tried put in windows xp but it wouldnt load.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-blanks.103095/
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok here goes, i go to a new doctor to get a new first appointment and given a list of 40/50 questions to fill out before i return yuk those questions . . .

So was thinking that i could scan or if needed maybe copy/paste the medical form to pdf or abiword or lotus or notepad or work etc than add my answers; type/ fill in the blanks instead of using a pen put so far nothing either nothing comes out the way the original is or if it does come out right i can t type in the blanks so what am i missing or what software do i need to fix this ! ? Or must i ink in the blanks ?

Using vista HP and a kodak ESP 3520 multiprinter . . .

Thanks for the help . . . hope theirs a fix . .

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Dell laptop with Window 7 and my monitor has started blanking out on me with no advance sign at all and I have to reboot to get it back up. I try updating my display adapter but it said: "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"My Bios is A10 Can someone help me please?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19987945
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all - I have a screen that flashes for a second and then goes blank I think it is because I just used Advanced System Care ver I used all of the features of the product One of the features I selected was the speed up of the boot process I also used Registry repair defrag speed up etc Before I was able to check it out I had to leave the computer on and depart the area after Screen 1 Solved: Second Blanks for hours When I returned the screen was blank Nothing would get it on again so I rebooted Each boot screen displayed for or seconds and then the screen would go blank until the next screen was displayed Ultimately I got into the Windows XP sign on screen again a second view before blanking and it stopped after that By unplugging the video feed to the monitor I was able to get the screen to display for a second Ultimately I could move the cursor to select my login icon before it would blank again and I was able to get the Windows desktop to load I could see it for a second and then it blanked again I ve been in touch with Iobit manufacturer of ASC They have focused on Windows as the culprit but I think this is an error Since it blanks after each screen from the basic boot sequence I think it is at the machine level not Windows So I tried Solved: Screen Blanks after 1 Second to get to the Setup Screen by pressing DEL or F The screen came up but it blanked after a second I was unable to do anything with it Does anyone have any idea how to unblank the screen Help Thanks Gary nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

The computer screen blanks out about 20 minutes into the DVD and my wife, who is recuperating from surgery, has to get up to hit the <Enter> key to clear it. Is there a setting that I can adjustor change to correct this problem?

I am sorry: I forgot to mention that the OS is XP.

Thank you,
Robert

A:Screen blanks out while watching DVD

My first guess would be that you have a screen saver or monitor power save mode set to kick in after 20 minutes of no activity on the keyboard or mouse.

Right click in an open spot on the desktop and select "Properties" from the dropdown menu and then select "Screen Saver" tab in the Display Properties screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-blanks-out-while-watching-dvd.505323/
Relevancy 40.85%

(I'm using Microsoft XP SP3)

Last night my computer was doing a disk check and it changed a lot of "false IDs". It went up to about 75000. When I restarted my computer the start time took considerably longer than usual. My toolbar/taskbar/start button is gone. My sound is gone. I can't move icons on my computer. I can't open Internet Explorer, luckily I have firefox installed... And most importantly my services.msc extended is blank. On the standard side I can't change anything without getting error 1068. Please Help....

I don't know if this is any help but my sound has been disabled once before but I fixed it easily by going into service.msc and turning my plug and play back on. I can't do this now though because it's blank. So I'm thinking the most important thing is to get my services.msc started again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 40.85%

first two pages of every printout whether in Word or IE come out as blank?

has anyone seen this before? uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver...it
still did the same though?
printer = Lexmark Laser Printer
os = XP (SP)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-firing-blanks.318581/
Relevancy 40.85%

When I insert a blank CD-R (sometimes) or a blank CD-RW (always), the computer thinks drawer is empty. As a result, I can not burn the CD.

What's wrong?

Peter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-recognize-some-cd-blanks.944629/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am using Windows Vista and am having a problem with my monitor going completely blank for from two to five seconds at exactly ten minute intervals. Usually the screen returns and the aplication continues but, at times the dropout period runs several seconds long and the application shuts down and I am returned to the Desktop. Due to the regularity of ten minutes, I thought maybe a screen saver was trying to activate but I am not using a screen saver. This is annoying! Does anyone have any ideas?? It doesn't seem to matter what program I am running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-blanks-momentarily.932009/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an IBM ThinkPad 770E. When I am working on it, out of the blue, the
screen blanks out. If you look at it very closely, you can see a very faint
screen. The computer still works though. What can I do?

A:Ibm thinkpads screen blanks out

Hook up a monitor and see if it blanks out too. If not, the problem is in the screen itself, not in Windows or in a setting or anything.

Not much we can help you with if the screen is going bad... other than to help you pin down that it really is the screen.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpads-screen-blanks-out.34930/
Relevancy 40.85%

I installed the LG GSA B x super ignores dvd drive blanks multi dual layer DVD CD rewriter internal along dvd drive ignores blanks with Nero dvd dvd drive ignores blanks cd burning software and PowerDVD The installation disk that came with the device doesn t seem to have the device driver on it strange but anyway Windows picked up the device installed its own driver and tells me that the device is working properly According to the device properties it recognizes all the drive specs except for the manufacturer which it displays as unknown Ok So here s the thing The drive plays all kinds of cd s and dvd s no sweat but fails to detect blank disks cd s and dvd s I have tried a couple of different brands R s and RW s but with no luck Every time I insert a blank I get the same message insert disk into drive and if I check properties it shows me that the disk in drive has no space So bottom line is that I haven t been able to burn anything can anyone tell me what I m dvd drive ignores blanks missing over here PS gt My cd-rom does the exact same thing I never bothered with the cd-rom though - what would you do with a blank in a rom drive anyway nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

got a problem with win xp dvd burner wont read blank discs i dont have a clue what to do even bought a new dvd burner and same problem incorrect function for say drive k: Can anyone help?

A:Solved: Dvd No Read Blanks

What kind of blank DVDs are they, and what model is the burner?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-no-read-blanks.423448/
Relevancy 40.85%

If anyone knows for sure.

Or, get to a command prompt and issue:

ECHO %computername%

Thanks folks.

A:Can the name you give your PC have embedded blanks within the name?

No blanks allowed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209257-can-name-you-give-your-pc-have-embedded-blanks-within-name.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Wins 98 starts OK and runs for about 30 mins.

Suddenly it will go black with just the curser flashing in top left.

The keyboard will allow me to close it down with Cntl/Alt/Del or Windows key + u and return.

Tried a new monitor, but it is the same. Checked connections on MB and they are OK

Scanned with Norton Int Sec 2006 CD - no probs

Any ideas ?

Mike

Relevancy 40.85%

Aloha,
I'm new to the world of technology, and currently I'm a student at Heald College in Honolulu. I'm majoring in information technology. One of our courses had posted a scenrio of the following situation." A suer reports that when she sends a report to the printer, the pages are blank. Create a fishbone diagram to identify all possible causes of the problem. Your assistance would be deeply appreciated.
Mahalo!
thompson
P.S.
Mahalo is thank you in Hawaiian.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-shots-blanks.259994/
Relevancy 40.85%

This has been happening for awhile but haven't pursued because I haven't been playing games and happens only when I play games. The monitor goes blank or call it a flash for a second (probably less) and can be really frustrating when playing a game. Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks
Debby

A:Monitor blanks out when gaming

First thing I would check would be my refresh rate. It sounds like you might have it set too high for the resolution you are playing at.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-blanks-out-when-gaming.268825/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey all For the past few days whenever I tried opening any link through google or yahoo IE opens up a blank page Same with the latest Firefox The address bar has a google search com or yahoo search com followed by string of characters The link does open but I have to close open IE, Firefox blanks one or more blanks to get IE, Firefox open blanks to the page I want I scanned with my AV Trend Micro MalwareBytes SuperAntispyware GorillaFix it I unstalled and reinstalled both IE and Firefox Nothing fixes it I installed Opear and it happened there as well I am on IE right now same thing happens except this time the address bar states the following quot http auto search msn com response asp MT C C BE E A C C E Um C B E C C AEM C D C Dk C B C C B c C E C A Q C C B quot E A lt C C C B C BBYC P E A C A C A C - cD C AC C R C C A C BBS C C -U quot C BD C A C C C J C A E E C C AA C C BA C AC C B p E D C B E ACJ C AC E BA C B d C C B C AB B C AE C C A C A C C d E A C BC C A d E BA CB C B E A E AC C B C E A C E D M C B C C AE C B E A p C r gt C C C C C A uF C A u gt P E g C Dm Fq C B C C BD C B C BX E C Y C A C B C AExS E A C C A C B E A C BA C BC C B C C AF C C D C AN C AFw C A C BA C BE C B C F C e lt C BE C A CB C C A L C B C BA J C E C A C B U C y E E C A C C A C F gt - C C B C BB C C C AC C A C Z C C B x C B C A C B C E A C AF C D gt C B u C C t E C C C D C BE C BCZ C BA E BA C D C A C A E C A C BDt C B Q C A C B zA C C C B E C C Cv C A I C C B o h C BC C BC C C C C U C A C A E A C A E A C A C AP C C C AD C C C C dq- amp srch amp prov gogl amp utf quot I ran HijackThis and got this C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system RunDll exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Performance Drivers nvPDsvc exeC Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure RemoteFileLock FLMain exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings Liz Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exeC WINDOWS system PSIService exeC Program Files Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exeC Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar ProToolbarUpdate exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Trend Micro Toolbar BHO - C D -A C - c - F -FD E E - C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar TSToolbar dllO - Toolbar Trend Micro Toolbar - CCAC - D - c -B A-F A D - C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar TSToolbar dllO - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeO - HKLM Run Ai Nap quot C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite AiNap AiNap exe quot O - HKLM Run CPU Power Monitor quot C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite AiGear CpuPowerMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Cpu Level Up help C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite CpuLevelUpHelp exeO - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM... Read more

A:IE, Firefox open blanks

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:netsvcsmsconfigdrivers32 /all%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll%systemroot%\*. /mp /s/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32ahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sysuser32.dllws2_32.dll/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AUCREATERESTOREPOINTClick the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new OTL log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logIn your reply, please post both OTL logs and the GMER log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348272/ie-firefox-open-blanks/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi All.
I need HELP> I,ve build a new puter using old burners and H/D's. Installed Win 7 x64 SP 1 and same programmes that where running on old puter. Problem is both burners wont reconise blank media - CD's or DVD's. Media worked on old puter with these burners. 1 x burner is Pioneer connected with IDE cable other one is Asus connected by SATA. Same problem on both burners using Nero and WMP 11. . I've also been into the reg. and removed upper and lower filters...But still no go ...........

A:Burners won't reconize blanks

Can the drives READ media?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/151613-burners-wont-reconize-blanks.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi All, a Newbie here, can anyone please help me. I have uploaded a file named “removing blanks and recording data.xls. on which I am trying to list the ID’s of Clients and how much they owe. My problem is that I wish from Cell F14 of the Income Sheet to list, without any blanks, any amounts found in column M of the Payments Sheet and then in Cell E14 of the Income Sheet to record the associated data found in Column E of the Payments Sheet. I’ve checked my formulas textbooks and googled but can’t get close to a solution. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a lenova 2/1 running windows 10, my screen goes blank when I plug in an hdmi to connect to my receiver to play music.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ae537e4d-2768-4ac7-b765-9ba255e1c7a4/hdmi-blanks-screen?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there I need help if anyone can I am trying to format blank cells with a macro but don t even know where to start with setting one up This is what the situation is Product Procedure Flow chart PF Assembly Procedure AP Testing Dispatch Internal Procedure IP Test Procedure TP Test Form TF Dispatch Procedure DP Dispatch Form DF PF N to fill Macro blanks A N A N Macro to fill blanks A N A N A N A N A N A TP N A N A N A User can select one of the options either an PF or an AP or a TP but then they have to create a TF or a DP but they then have to create a DF or an IP So options to choose from with the exception that with the test and dispatch options they need to complete columns and not just one I want a macro that will look and see if someone has selected one of the options in a particular row then the other in the same row have to auto fill with quot N A quot except when they complete the cell HOWEVER if they select a TP or DP they will also have to complete a TF or a DF cell in the same column and the macro should raise and error message saying quot complete relevant form quot Is this possible if so please help me with a code Much appreciate it nbsp

A:Macro to fill blanks

Hi, welcome to the forum,
You forgot to mention what you are working with, I assume is Excel but I may be worng.
If it is Excel then I suggest you also say which version.
I think I understand what you want but a sample wothout sensitive data would help.
Your explanation may be clear to you but that's the whole issue, putting your own thoughts in writing in such a way that the reader understands it is not as simple as it looks.

These two choices you are talking about: is the second choice dependant of the first one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-fill-blanks.1017708/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I'm trying to install windows 7 professional 32bit on a computer I kinda pieced together for my parents, after my POST screen it just goes blank and I get a blinking white cursor, no "to boot from cd press any key..." or anything after sitting at the blank screen for a minute itll just go to the bootmanager screen. Any ideas?

m2n68am - plus MB

A:Blanks screen on boot from dvd

Try booting the DVD from the one time boot menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182983-blanks-screen-boot-dvd.html