Windows Support Forum

My DVD burner is burning blanks, help

Q: My DVD burner is burning blanks, help

I dunno when it started really but my DVD burner LITE-ON DVD Burner has been burning burning blanks I am currently using NERO to burn my files I dont know why but when I burn it consumes a lot of memory to the point where when i play music it stutters and i cant watch movie coz My blanks, is burner DVD burning help my screen jumps ur like watching a stop motion movie well the main problem is that my burner wont burn pls if anyone has this problem and My DVD burner is burning blanks, help had a remedy for it pls tell me or i will have no choice but to buy a new one which costs me sigh Hope you guys can help me out Tnks a lot in advance and have a nice day PS The dvd-r that im burning when i put it back in the dvd rom it says it us blank but i had just burned files on to it and it took mins to burn it tsk tsk tsk how many time did i use the word BURN in this post lol UPDATE I tried to use the dvd-r s that i burned before and burn some stuff on it again but it says its not empty and that i can delete it burn new stuff on it The burning speed is weird though it only allows me to burn at x My DVD burner is burning blanks, help speed well be trying another software to burn ill post the update if its successful or not INFO Im using DVD-R disc s and not DVD-RW in case u were wondering nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My DVD burner is burning blanks, help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My DVD burner is burning blanks, help

Hi

You sure that Nero isnt using the image recorder. top tabs "recorder" > "choose recorder", as opposed to the actual DVD burner.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-is-burning-blanks-help.116107/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a HP HPE- f i quad core with a TB WD primary and a TB WD secondary that I ve had for about - years and have cloned the primary several times with no problems About - weeks ago I cloned the primary once again with another TB WD only to find that after the cloning the DVD drive stopped writing It actually begins the process but after writing the lead-in it simply sits there and spins heating the disk and of course making it unusable Once this occurs working DVD burner stoped after cloning it usually cannot be stopped by any means and the machine has to be hard rebooted to proceed Since the first cloning operation I have re-cloned the original using three different cloning programs all with the same result as well as cloning to a new TB WD drive with the same results I ve also replaced the DVD drive with two different known good drives one being brand new went through all of the HP troubleshooting procedures uninstalled DVD burner stoped working after cloning the drivers and re-installed them deleted the high and low files from the registry etc with no success The strange thing is that if I use the original hard drive along with the cloned drive I can boot off the original and burn to the same DVD drive with no problem I can also write CD s with both the original and the clone both audio disks and data disks I ve also ran the DVD drive off from one of the other SATA ports on the mother board along with replacing the cable I even took the computer into a computer shop and they worked on it for over days and could not identify the problem To make a long story short this problem is just about ready to get the best of me I ve ordered an external DVD drive believing this will work but I would really like to determine why it is doing what it is doing The cloning should not have caused it but seems to be the only thing that is common to the problem I would really appreciate any incite that you may have nbsp

A:DVD burner stoped working after cloning

The only suggestion I can think of is some type of burning software is broken with the Cloned OS. If you have any software installed that handles the burning (include Roxio, Creative and all others) Remove them and the Registry files related.

I suggest using Revo Uninstaller as it will automatically search out and tell you whats left over, and let you delete them or save them. I suggest deleting all files/folders and registry items left to ensure they are not somehow causing the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-stoped-working-after-cloning.208883/
Relevancy 27.95%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

A:Dvd burner problems...any suggestions

They are so cheap now it is probably worth everyone's time to just get a new one.

If you really want to troubleshoot it, put it in a different computer or OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problems-any-suggestions.204100/
Relevancy 28.38%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-dvd-burner.204090/
Relevancy 26.66%

I use DVD-R for almost a month only thing on it is pictures and word doc so nothing can go to wrong I do back ups I would say almost times a week I have use this DVD-R for almost a month and every thing is working okay Now gone showing burning wrong DVD disc nothing now on the sessions some thing gone wrong When I click start computer DVD drive it shows no DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing files nothing It like the files got DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing deleted or it cannot see the files When I right click on the drive and click on properties it shows MB used and that is about right I don t know what to do it like the files got deleted or it cannot see the files But the properties it shows MB used that about right I was using windows vista built in burning software This all stop working after I copy an paste folder to other folder on the disc I than tried Nero the basic burning software and when in Nero burning software I click on analyze disc it shows sessions and MB used and that is about right I than tried to make copy of bad disc When I click copy disc it copies it and than tells me to put in new disc and copies to it but it is still not showing up when I click on start computer DVD drive So it seems it still there but for some reason it cannot see it nbsp

A:DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing

Burning multiple sessions to a DVD-R disk is most likely the problem. (Ideally, you should be using an external hard drive to backup) You should use DVD-RW, rewritable, disks and just burn everything in one session, close the disk; then move onto next DVD-RW, burn everything, close disk. continue this until you are back to the original disk in a rotation, then erase the disk, and continue on.
As for why you cannot see data on the DVD-R disk, it's most likely because of the multiple sessions. On a DVD-R or +R disk you should burn once, and be done with it. You might be able to recover data with a 3rd party program, but since it's optical media my hopes are not high. Be sure to have the "show hidden files & folders" option ticked on so maybe, if the files are hidden on the DVD-R disk you might be able to see them.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope this helps you in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-gone-wrong-now-disc-showing-nothing.184420/
Relevancy 27.09%

HI all The DVD-RW drive in our Toshiba L d-S seems to have gone caput We have only had it a year but it does get used alot It will only read some of our dvds now other DVD s it refuses to even recognize the format or says media is unreadable even though there is no visible damage to the disk I have run malwarebytes superantispyware ccleaner spybot s amp d avast microsoft online seurity scanner and hijackthis with no results other than spyware Device manager says it is working fine I uninstalled from device manager and rebooted Same thing Could not find updated drivers for it Microsoft Fixit say media is unreadable or unknown format but the disk plays fine in our other Toshiba L Some movies start right up in VLC other dvds cannot be read Some of our burnt movie backups work great while the original dvd cant even be quot read quot It burns just fine and every cd we put in so far reads fine Dont think it is codecs issue cause an older original StarWars DVD wont read at all in it If a game is put in it can read it but the autorun does not start up laptop burner replacing Toshiba Advice DVD on L655 I check autoplay and it Advice on replacing Toshiba L655 laptop DVD burner says to load game Advice on replacing Toshiba L655 laptop DVD burner or for DVDs play with VLC I edited the registry to get rid of the filters there was only an upper this did not really help When any disk is inserted the drive really thinks long and hard about it all this leading me to the conclusion that we need a new disk drive Toshiba has been remarkably unhelpful saying our warranty expired weeks ago After saying all that my question is this does anyone know if any laptop DVD-RW drive will be compatible or if laptop drives come in different sizes I have replaced laptop hard drives before but never a dvd drive I am going to have to take the old one out to find out if it is SATA or IDE I am hesitant to order one since I cant seem to find one that says it will specifically fit an L Thanks any advice is appreciated and sorry for the lengthiness nbsp

A:Advice on replacing Toshiba L655 laptop DVD burner

The Optical drive is held in by one screw, usually located under a bottom cover. Open the tray and when you remove that screw, just pull the drive out. There should be a part number on the drive label. Use this number to locate a replacement drive. The drive's plastic bezel can be removed and placed on the replacement drive, so you can purchase a much cheaper drive that doesn't have a bezel installed. EBay is a good source

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-replacing-toshiba-l655-laptop-dvd-burner.180692/
Relevancy 26.66%

Occasionally I will get errors in my event viewer when I burn a music dvd or data disc. The errors are, device cdrom has a bad block and nvgts errors. If nvgts is to do with nvidia then what would that have to do with my dvd writer? I noticed after that dvd was made it had a cyclic redundancy check errors on it and it was a brand new disc. Also it gave me crc errors and the same errors in event viewer of cdrom and nvgts when trying to copy the disc contents to the hard drive. What I don't get is what would cause these errors when burning a disc and how did a brand new disc get crc errors? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank You!

A:Errors when burning discs

Replace it. Asus, LG, Lite-On, Samsung, Plextor, and Pioneer all have DVD-RW optical drives in the $18 to $30 price range. Why put up with a troublesome unit when they are so inexpensive.
Optical drives, DVD-Rw drives wear out quickly... depend on it to fail within a year, and if used a lot it can fail in five months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-when-burning-discs.177687/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone

I'm having a problem with my DVD burner... actually I've had it for almost two years now, but I only decided that enough is enough with this thing and I want to find a solution for it.

The long and short of it is this. Whenever I try to burn something on my DVD, it fails at the end and gives me an 'input/output' error and ejects the DVD. I have no idea why this happens. I should note that my DVD drive is fine otherwise, it can play DVDs and CDs without any problem. If anyone needs any additional information, I even saved the log-file that the my DVD burning software saved after it was finished.

Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks in advance.

A:Input/output error when burning DVDs

What software are you using? Try CDBurnerXP, it's free.
Also, try a different manufacturers DVD's.
And you could look for a firmware update for the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/input-output-error-when-burning-dvds.177467/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda, mommy of 2. Know some about computers but not everything and I don't know how to fix this. I have been using my burner just fine for days, now all of a sudden it's saying Wrong Volume, some type of error message like that. It has said that before with please insert Audio cd or it will say some other weird insert the file name.
So I'm not sure what's going on. What happen from a few days ago to now? I've been having this problem for the last couple of days now & I just got this computer like a week ago. So I'm trying to see if I just need to take all my stuff off of here (which isn't a lot) And just get a different computer.

Help please!!!

Amanda Webb
Thanks for reading and if you can help I really appreciate it. :wave:

A:Burning & then says wrong volume

Describe the computer, and whether a desktop or laptop... and tell us how frequently you burn items to a disk. Those units do wear out, and are one of the high volume failures on some computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-then-says-wrong-volume.177168/
Relevancy 27.09%

Newegg has a Asus 24x DVD Burner-Bulk 24x DVD+/- R Black Sata-oem on sale for $18.99 free shipping.
Good deal,or should I be leery? because it's so cheap?

Would this be a burner/player? or just a burner? Is it so cheap because it does not have Blue-Ray capabilities? Thanks Ray

A:Cheap DVD burner. Good deal or steer clear?

Optical media is an older technology, and it's very inexpensive to make DVD burners nowadays. The Optiarc one I bought was only 22 dollars, that was in 2008, it still works great so you should be fine.

I recommend buying it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-dvd-burner-good-deal-or-steer-clear.175958/
Relevancy 27.95%

I've spent hours trying to get my DVD burner to write. I've done all the things suggested by Roxio and by HP, but it still will not burn video. Burns audio fine. Is it possible for a burner to fail this way??

A:Can DVD burner fail although CDs still write?

Of course it is possible... replace the optical drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-dvd-burner-fail-although-cds-still-write.170919/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello Techspot,

on my PC I found some windows 7 professional 64 bit and 32 bit isos. These are from my friend who built my PC. I currently have a 32 bit. I would like to update to a 64 bit. I will be using a DVD-RW type DVD and my optical drive: BENQ DVD DD DW1640 ATA Device.

My question is, will the optical drive be capable of burning the iso to the DVD-RW?

The description of the optical drive from Speccy can be found in the attachment.

Thanks

A:Burning Windows 7 64-bit ISO using Benq DVD DD DW1640 ATA device

Looks like it'll support both +RW & -RW. More importantly, what size is the ISO? I've only seen 4.7GB rewritable DVD. So if the ISO is bigger than that, then you'll have to burn it to a double layer DVD. Which looks like your drive will support also.

You have a retail version of Win7 or OEM? You might want to look into whether your existing key/license is still valid after you upgrade it to 64bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-windows-7-64-bit-iso-using-benq-dvd-dd-dw1640-ata-device.170070/
Relevancy 26.66%

Updated memory on Diemension dell 1100. Put the sticks in wrong way. Turned on, no action
but a burning smell. Powered down and inserted chips correctly. PC ok now but would there have been any
permanent damage and is there a remote risk of the PC going on fire ?

A:Burning smell upgrading RAM

It's hard to see without me seeing it personally. If it's working OK now I'd continue to use it as normal. However obviously they're not designed to work with backwards memory hehe.

I'd do a backup of your data just in case, and then keep an eye on things and see how it goes. I doubt the machine will catch on fire. Check the motherboard for any signs of blown capacitors or scorch marks maybe?

Can't remember the last time I dealt with improperly installed memory and then tried to boot so sorry I can't offer up more suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-smell-upgrading-ram.163931/
Relevancy 27.95%

hi,

I have no problems when the unit burn discs.

But when the unit try to read discs, the unit is slow.
I restart Windows 7 and after the restart the unit read discs well.

What could be?

A:Problems reading discs with Blu-ray burner

Who makes the BluRay drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-reading-discs-with-blu-ray-burner.163739/
Relevancy 28.38%

hi,

Today I burned 3 DVD-R DL and I get theses issues:

data to be burned: total 7.89 GB
all discs same brand
disk 1 just burned 0.47 GB using MagicISO
disk 2 burned 7.89 GB using MagicISO
disk 3 burned 7.89 GB using Nero Burning ROM 10

disk 1 was unable to be read it, obviously, it was an incomplete burn
disk 2 and 3 were readable but when I try to copy them to the HDD
the transfer rate was very low like 200-300 KB/s and remaining copy
time showed 7 hours.
Later I put 2 other DVD-R DL that I burned a long time ago with these results:
disk A copy 100% with transfer rate 4-5 MB/s
disk B copy was almost imposible since the transfer rate was 150 KB/s
and remaining copy time showed 1 day
So my DVD burner is in bad state?
Should I replace it ASAP?

I don't want to lose more DVD-R DL

thanks

A:Should I replace my DVD burner?

update

I put the disks 1 & 2 in another PC
and the low transfer rate remains equals.

It seems my DVD burner is doing bad burnings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-replace-my-dvd-burner.163055/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Dell Studio 1737 with a bd rom drive and a combo dvd burner. When I go to put the dvd-r inthe message I get is the disc in the dvd burner is not a recordable DVD. It is recordable though. I am using W7. What gives?

A:DVD burner says disc is not recordable DVD

Did those blank DVD's ever work in that machine? Check if it might be a problem with filter drivers http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic137666.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-says-disc-is-not-recordable-dvd.162056/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a computer that was put together. I have a LG Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter that should burn dvd's! Recently i've been trying to burn some movies onto them so i can watch them on tv. I'm using Memorex 16x 4.7gb DVD-R and i've used like two or three different burning programs but im not sure if its the discs, disc drive, or burning programs. So far i've used ImgBurn and Windows Media Player but neither of them worked on my xbox nor DVD Player.

A:Need assistance with burning DVD's

Hi Jo you could try one of these of the list on this page.
http://www.techmixer.com/free-windows-cd-dvd-burner-software-list-download/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-assistance-with-burning-dvds.159363/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have been able to use my DVD burner for the last few years I took about four months off from burning and when I tried the other day I problem DVD burner got this error message from Roxio Easy EZ CD amp DVD Creator e trackwriter error - wait failed t That seemed odd as I ve never had any issues before I know this is an old program but it has worked perfectly in the past I tried burning a music cd and it worked perfectly I tried uninstalling and reinstalling roxio to no avail The strange thing is that I can still watch DVDs and rip them without any problems The lenses seem to be clean I also tried to download and run ImgBurn amd got the following error message I ImgBurn Version started I Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Build DVD burner problem Service Pack I Total Physical Memory KB - Available KB W Drive D FAT does not support single files gt GB in size W Drive DVD burner problem J FAT does not support single files gt GB in size I Initialising SPTI I Searching for SCSI ATAPI devices I - gt Drive - Info PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D E ATA I Found DVD RW I Operation Started I Source File C DVDs WHAT DOESNT ISO I Source File Sectors MODE I Source File Size bytes I Source File Volume Identifier WHAT DOESNT I Source File Volume Set Identifier AF BBB DVDSHRNK I Source File Implementation Identifier DVD Shrink I DVD burner problem Source File File System s ISO UDF I Destination Device PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D E ATA I Destination Media Type DVD-R Disc ID MCC RG Speeds x x x x x x I Destination Media Sectors I Write Mode DVD I Write Type DAO I Write Speed MAX I Link Size Auto I Lock Volume Yes I Test Mode No I have no clue and the other threads that I have seen are way over my head I hate wasting DVDs with no clue of what I m doing I would be grateful if anyone has any advice I m running Windows XP and the burner is a Pioneer DVR- D nbsp

A:DVD burner problem

i don't really know. Might just be the DVD has finally failed. You can also look at stuff in link below but if that doesn't help, might be time for a new DVD drive

See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problem.157845/
Relevancy 28.38%

my dvd burners is not working properly, i mean it will play movies and cds but when i try to burn nothing that i am using wmp, or my video program recognizes that there is a burner. wmp says connect player,and it says there is nothing wrong and it is working properly,

help................

A:DVD burner on my Dell

See if the MS fixit in this link helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-on-my-dell.158421/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello everyone,

I was trying to replace my old dvd burner on my kids computer which is a Dell Dimension E310. The new drive is an LG which i got from Newegg. It is an IDE drive and it is not being identified when I boot up. I thought it might be the IDE cable, so I replaced it with a new one, still no luck. I also looked in bios and it shows the cd rom drive as unavailable. I tried going to the device manager and looking for the burner but I didn't see anything in the descriptions that resemble it. Not sure what else to do. Can you guys help? Thanks so much.

A:New DVD burner not being recognized in XP

This may be a jumper issue. Try setting the jumper to Cable Select, or Slave (Secondary), if you have it connected to the same cable as another drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-dvd-burner-not-being-recognized-in-xp.155799/
Relevancy 27.95%

Well,

I was importing a CD in Itunes then Itunes just froze. I closed out and then it no longer read my CD in my drive. I then tried seeing if my drive would read a DVD and nope, needless to say I'm ticked off now.

I have a LITE -ON DVD+RW SOHW-822S DVD Drive

Steps I have already taken include re-installing driver, deleting Upper and Lower Filters (and then inputing those same filters again) BUT my drive still does not read a DVD or CD anymore. Again this happened immediately after Itunes froze when importing a CD.

Any help would be appreciated, and Thanks in advance.

A:Need help with DVD burner after iTunes CD import

These are just some guesses and questions.. not sure if they might help but here's what comes to mind

deleting Upper and Lower Filters (and then inputing those same filters again)Click to expand...

You deleted and then input them?? Typically, after deleting them you should reboot. If you still have problems after deleting filters and reboot you should next step uninstall/reinstall your Media related apps to let them reinstall the filters they need

See CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters and try the fixes as suggested there (and reinstall your apps) Is Itunes still installed??? Certainly reinstall it as well

After above, if problem persists
> Download/run Filter Driver Load Order tool
> Select your CD/DVD in left pane
> Then click on the Clipboard button and paste the result back into your next post

/* EDIT */
and along with filter order results, tell me what version of Windows you're running

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-dvd-burner-after-itunes-cd-import.155760/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just built a computer. My dvd drive is a Lite-On ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device. i can use it to read discs and it seemed fine till i tried to burn a dvd with windows dvd maker. It cant find a DVD burning drive. I tried different programs with the same results. I went into the device manager and device properties, and under its general properties in "device status" it says "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)". I have gone to the Lite-On site and looked for its drivers to download and the closest i could find was iHas120. Ive tried looking on other websites but have had no luck. I am running Windows 7 64bit Home edition. Hope someone can help. i know its dvd+r rewriteable drive, it says so right on it.

A:DVD drive isn't being recognized by burning software

Try this firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-isnt-being-recognized-by-burning-software.155572/
Relevancy 26.66%

hey guys girls im having a rather annoying problem with my dvd burner as the title leads on it started burning extremely slowly and by that i mean a regular gb dvd takes hours to burn and im burning regular avi movies something that normally takes somewhere between - mins max the hardware i got is a LG HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GSA-T N burner and its attached to my DVD burning extremely slow xps laptop running windows xp pro now i did a little digging on the net about this issue and alot of DVD burning extremely slow ppl have experienced this with alot of other drives and usually the problem is the OS changes the data transfer mode from DMA to PIO to which many ppl have many solutions so here is where my problem begins first and foremost my device manager IDE controllers looks like this ------------------------------ intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - primary IDE channel primary IDE channel ricoh memory stick controller ricoh sd mmc host controller ricoh xD-picture card controller -------------------------------- first thing i did was check the advanced settings in the primary ide channel both of them and one of them is running ultra DMA mode im assuming thats the hard drive and the other is running ultra DMA mode assuming thats the dvd burner so nothing i can change there so i tried to DVD burning extremely slow uninstall the quot second quot primary IDE channel the fourth one from the top - the one that is running ultra DMA mode then i restarted and the problem still persists so i went back on the net to search for other options some which called for a registry fix which was something along these lines went through regedit to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE where i was supposed to find and manually delete the correct folder which contained the dvd burner registry in the above mentioned reg folder i have this --------------------------------- -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh sd mmc host controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh xD-picture card controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh memory stick controller properties ------------------------------------- so i deleted the as naturally it seemed to be the quot second quot primary IDE channel entry here i wasnt sure about and as per why where they named secondary ide channels when there wasnt any indication of secondary in the device manager after which i restarted and again nothing changed at this point i went and updated the firmware for the burner to the latest version but again to no avail after countless other hours sifting through the net for solutions i thought id ask some experts about this so here i am EDIT it seems my hdd transfer speed is slow as well i tried moving gb from my onboard hdd to an external hdd an operation which normally takes maybe mins and it took me over an hour and a half can you please help me ps in case any is asking or if it is of any relevance using nero sony blank dvd-r single layer also i burned about dvd s one after the other out of the same package and a few hours later i tried a th one which turned out to take more than twice the other combined i also burned a th th and th with all my other speed check attempts after the troubleshooting i attempted nbsp

A:DVD burning extremely slow

Hm, if both your hard drive and your DVD burner are running slow, I would suggest maybe looking into flashing the BIOS of your motherboard? Both the HD and the DVD are hooked up by SATA, correct?

A few things to test here: Transferring data from the computer to an external drive seems slow, try transferring data the same way in Safe Mode, see if it speeds up any, if it does, I would say some type of software is slowing it down.

Could try replacing the SATA cables, or if you have more then 2 SATA ports on the board, if they are not already spaced out, try spacing them farther apart(Though I do not see this as a soloution, you can always try it)

One other thing you could try if you believe it might be software/registry related rather then hardware is do a Recovery to a date/time previous to when you experienced this problem, see if that helps any,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-extremely-slow.155023/
Relevancy 26.66%

I've heard overclocking is not a great idea because it can burn up your vid card.
Is this true?

I don't overclock and my vid card seems to get hot all too often.

A:Burning up vid cards by overclocking?

Usually will only happen if you overvolt for extended periods.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-up-vid-cards-by-overclocking.154621/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi for about 2 weeks ago i were going to burn a cd for my father with clonecd but it didnt work so i removed Clonecd from my pc but now my dvd dont read dvds or cds i've tried with other dvd player wiched worked for a few days then they stopped to read also. please help me! im in big need of the dvd reader

A:DVD reader/burner don't read DVD/CD

See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-reader-burner-dont-read-dvd-cd.153886/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey guy s I always have problems burning Either the disk will burn and only work on my PC or the process will stop when it comes time to burn and say there s no CD I have the Matroska pack and Divx plus I did manage to download an audio cd and burn it and have it work last night in my car I think my problem is that my DVD player on my TV is to burning Buring noob Total problems. not DIVX do I need to use a different Codec WMA Does some one have Buring problems. Total noob to burning an easy solution for burning I ve got DVD-R and DVD R and CD-R What Buring problems. Total noob to burning should I use for what Buring problems. Total noob to burning Is there one CD DVD I can get to do it all I m running Bit Torrent Real player SP Win media player Video free file converter I have a Pentium R Dual-Core E Ghz Ghz Gb Ram On Win XP with SP MB is a ASUS P GC-MX Socket DVD R burner by LG nbsp

A:Buring problems. Total noob to burning

74sundance said:

Hey guy's...
I always have problems burning..Either the disk will burn and only work on my PC or the process will stop when it comes time to burn and say there's no CD.I have the Matroska pack and Divx plus.Click to expand...

Have you tried "ImgBurn" ? http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3285-imgburn.html WTF is the "Matroska pack"?

74sundance said:

I did manage to download an audio cd and burn it and have it work last night in my car.Click to expand...

Big deal, even Windows Media Player will burn CD Audio. You should give that a shot.

74sundance said:

I think my problem is that my DVD player on my TV is not DIVX do I need to use a different Codec (WMA)? Does some one have an easy solution for burning?Click to expand...

The DVD player in the TV is probably DVD-Video format only, unless it specifically states otherwise. Even free standing players that claim Divx, won't play all forms of it. It certainly won't run .wma or .avi files.

74sundance said:

I've got: DVD-R and DVD+R and CD-R
What should I use for what? Is there one CD/DVD I can get to do it all???Click to expand...

In a perfect world, yes. In this one, not a chance. Although you could ditch the DVD-R, there's no real need for it unless you have an old freestanding DVD recorder that needs them.

Data files and some others can be placed on CD or DVD. You wreck the quality of files when you convert them to different formats. Better to play them in the format you get them. Try installing VLC Media Player, it has codecs built in for almost every format.http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1888-vlc-media-player-for-windows.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buring-problems-total-noob-to-burning.153402/
Relevancy 27.95%

hi guys, the dvd burner in my laptop is up for renewal and i'm looking at this one for a replacement.

but i just want to find some way of checking the compatibility before i buy (online).

any ideas?

(i have a toshiba satellite A40 laptop)

A:Sony AD7590AK3 DVD Burner

Avloid the Sony if you can... it doesn't come close to TEAC or other models when longevity is concerned...
Look for Teac, Plextor, Samsung, LG, and Lite-on... over Sony... but it Sony is not as unreliable as HLD or HLDS, HP, or NEC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-ad7590ak3-dvd-burner.148024/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a LITE-ON DVDRW SH-16A7S burner. The burner will read and burn anything cd related but nothing dvd. Anytime I put in a dvd or try to burn something on a dvd-rw the burner cannot even see the dvd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Need help with my burner - not sure what is happening...

Hi

the laser has gone, from what i know (its a bit not a lot) the combo drives have 2 lasers in them, the dvd one has failed, seen a few posts on here before about this.

Its a bin job for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-my-burner-not-sure-what-is-happening.147059/
Relevancy 27.09%

This is my first post I read through the post labeled D is not accessible Incorrect function and did everything people suggested there but I am still having the same problem except mine is a little different I don t know if it is a hardware or software or driver or what internal My not error accessible giving me G&F:\is external message & burner are the problem is My external and internal burner have error G burner in the computer amp F external burner is not accessible Incorrect function My other internal player works though My internal & external burner are giving me error message G&F:\is not accessible It plays music but I can t view pictures I have an external burner hooked up thru a USB port and I have a cd dvd burner on my computer Both drives are giving my the same error message I don t know what to do I have tried different usb ports plugged the external burner into different ones I tried buying a different usb cord for the burner nope I have tried different cds and dvds different brands and types I have tried support microsoft com fixit website which helped a lot I couldn t even play music until I used that website Now I can at least play music I just can t burn anything btw that website is awesome for a lot of things I have tried unistalling Roxio because someone said that might be my problem Nope I have tried updating my drivers I have tried going to device manager and seeing if there is any exclamation points but they say everything is working properly lol I don t know what else to do or what the problem could be because it is happening on both and internal and external burner I thought I might have to replace my internal burner but now I don t think that is the problem at all BTW I have a Sony Vaio PCV- with a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD R and a Samsung CD-Rom SC- C And I have been to all three of their websites looking for driver updates or firmware or something to help and have downloaded everything they had and nothing has fixed my problem I am running XP Pro I am completely out of ideas Please help me I really don t have the money to spend and get my computer fixed and I don t think that would fix it because it is having trouble with the external one too Any help would be sooooo appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:My internal & external burner are giving me error message G&F:\is not accessible

See CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters to see if it might help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internal-external-burner-are-giving-me-error-message-g-f-is-not-accessible.147023/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I try to burn DVDs or CDs with my Iomega DVD/CD burner it tells me to insert a cd or dvd even though there is already one it be in it. I've tried the Microsoft troubleshooter. Several different software burning programs. Rolling back the drivers. Updating the drivers. I'm running on XP. Thanks in advance. Really need to get this running so I can burn my software and use it.

Thanks

A:DVD Burner has never worked

http://sites.google.com/site/augustthirtyth/home/dvd-drive-troubleshooting

actually you can try upgrading the firmware. it works for my old laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-has-never-worked.145114/
Relevancy 27.95%

I'm going to be using Acronis True Image Home 2010 to
burn a image rescue disk, whats the best iso & data software
burner with the least errors.

A:What's The Best ISO & Data CD Burner with The Least Errors?

Something like ImgBurn or Nero etc will be fine. Write errors usually happen from using inferior media and/or too high a burning speed. If you get good quality discs and burn at a slow rate the backup should write ok. I would verify the write if possible after the disc is completed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-iso-data-cd-burner-with-the-least-errors.143313/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey guys I have a Compaq Presario SR1365CL-B with AMD Athlon(64) XP 3300+ 2.4 GHz the pc came with pc 3200 512 mb ram. I upgraded the ram to 2gb the max it can handle. I fired the pc up and everything took, but now i cant use my dvd burners. I went to my device manager and there was a yellow exclamation point on the 2 drives i have installed in my system. I went to the properties of those drives and it said i had a code 41 and windows successfully loaded the device drivers but cant find the device. So did the installation of the new memory mess the dvd drives up? I need some advice. The droves were working like 3 days ago when we last used them.

A:DVD Burner issues

One of these may help:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
or...
2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Restart computer.
or...
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
Restart computer.
or...
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-issues.143363/
Relevancy 28.81%

just wondering what dvd burner is best for backing up dvds?

i mainly use dvd fab and dvd shrink burning with an LG writer but latly i have noticed some of the back ups skip quite a bit and i assume its the burner, so time to buy a new one.

any suggestions?

A:Best dvd burner

Any of the Sony-NEC drives (branded as Optiarc AD-7200 series/7500 series), the Samsung SH-S223C/F, I use Optiarc and Lite On - Lite On's are generally rebranded LG Philips drives but have error reporting capability and make excellent rippers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-dvd-burner.140867/
Relevancy 27.95%

Yesterday I was burning a CD from iTunes and I decided to let it burn while I did some chores. When I went back to the computer, I saw that my little brother plugged in his iPod to charge it. However, since he plugged it in while it was burning, the process got messed up. Now the CD drive won't open (unless i use the paperclip-in-the-hole trick) and the burner is not working. A notice popped up on iTunes saying the burner was being used by another program, but I didn't have anything else pulled up. My mom uses this computer to burn presentations so I need to fix this asap. Thank you for your help.

Lauren

A:CD burner/disc drive troubles

So did you unplug the iPod? Go into Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and right-click on the problem drive. remove it. Restart the computer and see if the drive is automatically reinstalled and working properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burner-disc-drive-troubles.140071/
Relevancy 28.38%

I keep having a repeating problem with my DVD burners. They all keep having the same problem diff brands tried on diff comps. It reads all disks with Media on them just fine. They read blank CDs just fine but when ever I put in a blank DVD they wont read them. I put in a blank DVD and the Burner starts up. You hear the whirring noise as it picks up speed and then a series of clicks. Tick tick tick tick tick. Then the Burner shuts down and starts over repeating the picking up speed and thent the clicks. I have four DVD Burners all of them are doing the same thing. DVDs that are already burnt work fine and blank CDs work fine. Im tired of buying new Burners does anyone know of a way to fix my problem? I would appreciate any help you could toss my way.

A:DVD Burner Problems

See if this post might apply to your problem. See CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problems.137951/
Relevancy 27.95%

I do video work on year old AMD quad mhz with gb ram and nvida gt video card - It has an LG burner model HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GH NP - it burns gb discs beautifully but when I render on burner DL Can't 8.5 disc burn gb video lareger than gb using Pinnacle Studio Ultimate I take the disc image to either nero or DVD FAB to burn gb disc - after burning window says burning amp verifiation completed successfully I put disc into a DVD play and it reads quot No File quot - I have used - different manufactured discs including Tyio Uden - same thing - If i take the disc image to DVD Fab Can't burn 8.5 gb disc on DL burner and use reduction to gb disc it gives me a good disc - problem with this is some of my disc images get close to gb which means the compression on DVD Fab degrades the image quality - has anyone out there any ideas Can't burn 8.5 gb disc on DL burner of what is wrong - is it software errors or hardware errors - I m tapped out - I tried Pinnacle forum and finally gave up as their tecs couldn t fix problem Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Can't burn 8.5 gb disc on DL burner

Have you tried burning that image with a different burner / computer. If it doesn't work on a different computer, it may be the file that has issues?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-burn-8-5-gb-disc-on-dl-burner.137285/
Relevancy 28.38%

So I have a LG DVD/CD burner (HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GSAH55N1.06). Now since I built this machine I can't get it to burn audio cd's no matter what software I use. But data disk and ISO files will burn. Starting the other day I couldn't get ISO files to burn now. Locked up power iso & alcohol when I tried. So I tried deep burner today, and at least now I have an error to work with.

so trying to burn ISO file to data dvd, and get
"WRITER ERROR [UNIT ATTENTION [POWER ON, RESET, OR BUS DEVICE RESET OCCURRED]]"
then it says Burn failed, ejecting, but I can't get the dvd drive to eject until I restart my computer.

so umm what does that mean? help! Im getting tired of burning disk on my other pc

Thanks

A:Troubles with DVD burner

How old is your drive? 3 to 5 years is the norm before they die though I have personally had them die within a year without much use to lasting beyond 6.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troubles-with-dvd-burner.135269/
Relevancy 27.95%

hopefully someone can help me. i am trying to find a compatible dvd burner for my dell xps 210. it is a slimline model pc, so will any dvd burner fit? am i supposed to be looking for a particular size? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!!!

A:Please, desperate for help! need a compatible dvd burner!

Any DVD drive will fit. Recommend a Plextor, Pioneer, LG, LiteOn, Samsung, Toshiba,
Avoid Sony, Sony Nec, HP, Acer, HLD, HLDS, or no-name brands.
Lots of good ones on www.directron.con, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.frys.com, www.pcmall.com, www.tigerdirect.com, www.newegg.com, www.CDW.com, www.Krex.com and others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-desperate-for-help-need-a-compatible-dvd-burner.135008/
Relevancy 27.52%
Q: Burning

i use nero 9, when i bur n movies my pc tells me my drive is disconnected

A:Burning

What drive is disconnected? An external burner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning.134700/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an emachines T with a AM mobo in it Recently we went on vacation When we got home the wife tried to turn the computer on but the power button didn t light and the computer wouldn t boot the fan on the cpu would run I opened up the case and noticed an electrical fire smell Two components on the motherboard were burning The component in the U up Motherboard Emachines T2482 Burning and the R sockets on the board Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up Tiny components around the system fan plug Okay so must be the motherboard is shot I bought a brand new one for Not bad I would say and a cheap fix Well I received Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up the new mother Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up board installed it and pluged the cord into the back of the power supply and the machines turned itself on still with no power light As I watched what it was doing I noticed the same two components burning up again I ve read many posts about the power supply having no overpower protection Is this a problem that anyone else has had I want to get the wifes computer running again but I don t want to spend the money on a mobo and jpower supply just to burn up another mobo nbsp

A:Emachines T2482 Motherboard Burning up

Chances are it's the power supply. there are two common faliure modes for e-machines and both lead to a failed psu (1. PSU overvolts and takes out the motherboard, 2. Motherboard shorts out and takes out PSU). Since e-machines uses cheap PSUs with poor protection they will still run when they are "Bad" but they will fry anything connected to them. Other components could have been fried by the initial failure but the damage is usually limited to the PSU and motherboard.
Any of these PSUs would work well for that system (and they are good quality)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104901
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151085
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703018

Also E-machines motherboards are failure prone and non-e-machines motherboards will require a new copy of windows (about $100) to work. Your best bet may be to build/ buy a new system perticuarily given the age and specs of that machine. $350 could build a system that will run circles around that computer useing decent components. (Just someting to consider)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-t2482-motherboard-burning-up.134479/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello,
My Samsung burner is spoiling all my DVDs. After burning windows says "nothing found on the DVD". The media appears completely blank in explorer. I tried several burning sw (nero, imgburn, Grab and burn...). Another thing I noticed is that when I load the DVD, the drive appears as "CD Reader" and not "DVD RW" as usual in Windows Explorer.
Please help
thank you

A:Samsung DVD burner SH-W162L

Worn out or just plain bad. There is nothing you can do to fix it. Luckily, great DVD-RW drives are available for as low as $24 or less at www.directron.com, www.tigerdirect.com, www.newegg.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.frys.com, www.techdepot.com, www.pcmall.com, www.cdw.com, www.krex.com... or at your local computer store for a little more.
Most of them do not last more than a year, and sometimes less, when heavily used. To many parts. Too narrow of tolerances, and wear out of specs too easily.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-dvd-burner-sh-w162l.134032/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi, first let me say im not good with the tech talk and need easy instruction.

when i go into windows media player to burn a cd, it now says connect a burner and restart. im not sure what happened or how to fix it. also my cd door wont open anymore...

A:CD burner help please

hi angie,
have you checked the power and Data cables to make sure they are secure at the unit and the mother board? How old is your CD/DVD burner? what operating system are you using? and when you go to computer or my computer, is it listed as a device with your other drives?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burner-help-please.132325/
Relevancy 26.66%

ok, so i know that this question has been asked a few times already but i am in need of a free program to burn dvds. i have downloaded some movies to my pc and now im having trouble finding a good program that will allow me to burn them to disc. obviously they are not all the same type of files, some are avi. some are mp4 files etc. i can covert them to other formats, but so far i havent been able to burn them.

if anybody knows of a program that will do what im looking for please let me know.

A:In search of a free dvd burning program

If you want free dvd burnung program you can find it via google easily. i found one program called InfraRecorder, but i didnt test it so i dont know if it works. just type infrarecorder in google and go to their website. on the righ menu somewhere you have download link. its a small program, just 3.19MB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-search-of-a-free-dvd-burning-program.132048/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have had a Sony desktop for several years I have also used problems Sony burner the original dvd burner that came with it plus others I purchased that are different Sony burner problems brands I have also changed the cables on this computer that connect the dvd to the motherboard and power Still I have the Sony burner problems same problem The dvd burner will work Sony burner problems absolutely perfectly for a few months Then it will take a bad spell where it will stop burning It will show it burns but the dvd ends up empty Or it won t recognize the dvd is in the burner Tells me to put in a blank one and I do several I have tried this with - different brands of dvds all do exactly the same I have tried this with Ashampoo and Nero as well as others with the same result I usually try everything to get it to work and finally in a few days it will go back to working I will try cleaning it changing dvd brands uninstall the dvd burner uninstall the software unplugging everything uninstalling the drivers and eventually something I don t have a clue what works Other than tossing this Sony out a window which I would do if I could afford it is there anyone here with an idea of how to fix this problem permanently Thank you Proofer nbsp

A:Sony burner problems

Typical problem in certain Sony models... other than talking to tech support for a fix under warranty, there isn't much Sony is going to do for you... But there are Sony support businesses you may find with a Gurgle search that will help you fix it for a small price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-burner-problems.130390/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a LaCie 500gb external harddrive that I use to back up my laptop and store large files. It has its own power supply and connects to my computer by USB. The other day I plugged it into the power supply and noticed it wouldnt turn on and there was an electrical burning smell coming from the plug on the harddrive. Is it possible that it is just the plug damaged and my data is still ok? Can I remove the data from the harddrive somehow? Would it be worth trying to get someone to repair it or should I just buy a new one?

I don't know alot about this sort of thing and any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

A:External harddrive not working, burning smell, can I retrive my data or repair it?

Yes Ur Harddisk Is Damaged Nothing will be retrive from It

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-harddrive-not-working-burning-smell-can-i-retrive-my-data-or-repair-it.130489/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,
I'm using SAMSUNG CD R-RW for the last 5- 6 years.
Recently I tried to burn a CD wih Nero, but it went fine and in the end throwed the message Burn process completed. But nothing there is in the CD.
The second time, when i tried, it went to 99% almost and showed as Burn process failed.

Then i tried with Windows writer wizard, but the same result.

Almost I have tried with 3-4 brands of blank CD's.

Not able to figure out where the problem located CD or CD Drive? If so what to do to solve this issue?

I hope this is the Right place to raise this question.

A:CD R-RW not burning my CDs

If you used different brands of CD I am positive you can get rid of that notion. Have you tried just moving files over to the discs? Sounds like your disc drive might be going out (Or already has) Is it making any sound it didn't before? I had my disc drive on my laptop go out. Started to sound like a jet engine taking off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-r-rw-not-burning-my-cds.129625/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi.

Well my problem is i can't seem to burn any file types that i want to. so i was wondering if it's my dvd writer that's at fault or what.. cause i tried well 3-4 dvds and all the same error. its working fine until yesterday.. so anyone pls help. cause i dont wanna buy one if its still working. help here anyone? any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanx. here is the log that Nero made. (see attached file)

A:Dvd Writer Burning Issues

Well because you are running a cracked version of Antivirus
And support never finished helping you (due to this issue) on Malware removal (ironically)
I'd say format and start again, CLEAN

By the way, free Avira Antivirus (which I use) is really either the best Antivirus presently in the world, or very close to being the best. IMHO

So good luck either doing a clean install, or trying somewhere else, away from TechSpot :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-writer-burning-issues.127587/
Relevancy 26.66%

Ok I had a virus on my pc a few days ago and burning smell drive Hard through my negligence I waited too long to run a full system Hard drive burning smell check and on restarting the pc it wouldnt go into windows just a black screen with the mouse cursor Anyway no big deal most of my stuff is saved on an external So I pluged my hdd as a slave into another computer to run a virus scan it took out a lot of files and when I pluged it back it it had the same problem so I figured what the hell time for a fresh install anyways Now today I was going to Hard drive burning smell xfer my files that I had on there to my external and pluged the gimped drive into a recently purchased enclosure NSP-E upon firing it up the HDD began to make a lot of noise as it began to spin thought it was just it starting up but then I smelt a electric fire smell and quickly shut it off Upon inspection It was coming from the HDD Just recently I tested it on my other pc installing it internally it imediatly began making the same noise so I shut down again What just happened and is Hard drive burning smell there any recovering nbsp

A:Hard drive burning smell

Actually it's very strange. The Hard Drive is a sealed unit
Are you sure nothing was touching it? But if its making a bad noise anyway, I's say it's shot, gone, ded, and done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-burning-smell.127573/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi hits my range 70C BURNING CPU UP is Help My CPU or something Help my CPU is BURNING UP hits 70C range inside my PC started making rediculous high pitched sounds so i checked my bios for settings and found out that my CPU temperature was going into the C range At average its still like ish I have no idea why in gods name this thing is getting such heat When i do some process extensive processes the thermal throtaling thing or something kicks in so it only works in like of its potential Ghz I found out that when my temp reaches to the late C range it starts sqeeking Anyone have any clues whats up This is my rig Motherboard Name ASRock P V bios v PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio LAN System Memory MB DDR SDRAM CPUrescott Intel Pen EGhz set default clock speed fsb Heatsink Intel Copper Core Socket Heat Sink c - Power EVERGREEN Silent King- W LW- H- Temp CPU C F lt -what bios says and its really hot if you touch heatsink M B C F Vcore v v v v v v v - v v v v vsb v VBAT v fan speed around RPM EEK help i think my CPUs gonna burst It hits the C termal throttling and duty cycle which i think cuts down the process power to when it hits C Not good for rendering CG takes x as much time to render Plz help yorokoB nbsp

A:Help my CPU is BURNING UP hits 70C range

Have you cleaned out the HS and Fan to remove any dust? Have you checked the CPU fan to see if it's operating properly?

You may want to just get a good aftermarket cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-cpu-is-burning-up-hits-70c-range.48156/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi there I recently had an issue with my PC where I was getting BSOD s and lots of headaches Thanks to viewable no burning Computer longer video Route we managed to work out what the problem was but not before I had done various things to the PC in an attempt to get it to work The original thread is here http www techspot com vb showthread php p post I hope I m allowed to post links - please delete and accept my apologies if not The PC is now working fine however now whenever I burn a video file whether it be a data avi file or a wmv the file on the disc plays with perfect audio but a very pixilated image which turns what s on the screen into a negative or in some Computer no longer burning viewable video cases just freezes I m using the same burning software Computer no longer burning viewable video as before Nero with the same DVD burners x HP DVD Writer d H Computer no longer burning viewable video and x Sony DVD-Rw AW-G a the same operating system Windows XP and the same DVD s and CD-Rs sony but the issue is still occurring I did not have this issue before and had been burning avi files happily for many moons I ve tried updating the nero drivers but had the most up to date version anyway for my serial number I ve tried different discs burning at slower speeds making original avi files but nothing seems to be making a difference I ve even had the side off the machine and made sure all the plugs are connecting a to b correctly Has anyone had a similar problem The files on my computer play perfectly it s only when I burn them to a disc and try to play them on either the PC or on my divx player that they go wrong I have tried to attach a clip of the original file and then a clip from the burnt dvd as zip files to give you an example of the quality difference but the files are too large to upload Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance for your help Hi again we ve tried to do some detective work ourselves and changed the cable to the cd burners it didn t work We tried burning onto a different burner but still playback is pixilated and unviewable We tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nero it didn t work We tried uninstalling nero and installing CDburnerXP it didn t work I m all out of things to try now Does anyone else have any suggestions Happy to run checks etc and post them if anyone is willing to take a look for us Please help Many thanks nbsp

A:Computer no longer burning viewable video

I may have missed this, but how old are your burners? It sounds like you need new ones. The average is 3-5 years, but I know people who have had them last longer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-no-longer-burning-viewable-video.125965/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok I read through many other threads and googled for help without results Everyone seems to fix their problem by deleting some registry keys etc However I had recently made a clean install from Vista to XP Before I formatted I could drag and drop to blank function) Problem (Drive Incorrect not Burner - DVD accessible, is CDs and DVDs however now Whenever I do that it d say I is not accessible Incorrect function When I look in device manager there are no yellow exclamation marks around DVD Burner Problem - (Drive is not accessible, Incorrect function) any of my hardware The only burning software I have on my computer are DVDFab and ConvertXtoDvd though if that s the case Can anyone please help me make my drive usable again thank you Note It can read data CDs and game CDs Also I have DVD drive However when I click quot MY Computer quot there is DVD Drive D and DVD-RAM I When I insert a disc in it ll appear in DVD-RAM I but when I uninstall the driver for DVD-RAM I it ll appear on DVD Drive D However when I reboot windows the driver will reinstall itself nbsp

A:DVD Burner Problem - (Drive is not accessible, Incorrect function)

Replace the burner. They are no longer that expensive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problem-drive-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.125734/
Relevancy 27.09%

With an older (2001) Toshiba Satellite 1805-s203
bios updated to 2.2
cardbus slots are type 1,2 or 3, (16 or 32bit)

1) Is it possible to create a system restore disk
by using an external burner?

2) Could this chipset and bios handle upgrading the hardware...
(System came with a dvd reader, Teac DV28e-a)

Thanks

A:System restore disk via external cd/dvd burner (cardbus2 / usb2)?

Widows XP, Service Pack 2 or 3 should have all the important drivers, and the programs and utilities can be found free on the Internet. Only personal pictures and documents need to be backed up... So a restore disc is not necessary at all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-restore-disk-via-external-cd-dvd-burner-cardbus2-usb2.125439/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a HP 504n with a new(ish) dvd burner. My computer has a 2 G processor, 1 G ram, 40 G hdd (9.6 G free). My burner is an ATAPI DH20A4P (with updated drivers).

This is my 2nd time trying to burn dvd's on it. I honestly don't remember how it did last time. I tried Nero, RealPlayer, and now I'm using DVD Flick. Takes forever no matter which I use. My CPU use maxes during each burn.

My Primary and Secondary IDE Channels are both set on DMA. I use Sony DVD-R rated at 16x.

Any suggestions on how to decrease the burn time to an hour or less?

A:DVD burner takes 9 hours

Are you burning a home made movie or are you just copying data?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-takes-9-hours.125060/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I have an LG DVD RW it worked properly but few days ago i tried to burn an iso image and it was not burning could you pls help Thanks Device HL-DT-ST-DVD-RAM GSA-H N E DVD problem burning ATA Firmware Version DVD burning problem Vender U Serial Number J Buffer Size KB This the ImgBurn log I ImgBurn Version started I Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack I Total Physical Memory KB - Available KB I Initialising SPTI I Searching for SCSI ATAPI devices I Found CD-ROM and DVD RW RAM I Operation Started I Source File C win beta - client en-us Ultimate-GB CULFRE EN DVD iso I Source File Sectors MODE I Source File Size bytes I Source File Volume Identifier GB CULFRE EN DVD I Source File Volume Set Identifier f a MS UDFBridge I Source File Application Identifier CDIMAGE TM I Source File Implementation Identifier Microsoft CDIMAGE UDF I Source File File System s ISO Bootable UDF I Destination Device HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H N E ATA I Destination Media Type DVD R Disc ID MBIPG -R - Speeds x x x x I Destination Media Sectors I Write Mode DVD I Write Type DAO I Write Speed MAX I DVD R Reserve Track No I Link Size Auto I Test Mode No I OPC No I BURN-Proof Enabled I Book Type Setting DVD-ROM I Filling Buffer MB I Writing LeadIn I Writing Session of Track LBA - I Writing Track of MODE LBA - W Failed to Write Sectors - - Reason Spindle Servo Failure W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason No Seek Complete W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write W Retrying of W Retry Failed - Reason Invalid Address For Write E Failed to Write Sectors - - Reason Spindle Servo Failure E Next Writable Address I Synchronising Cache W User opted to skip the Close Track Session Disc functions E Failed to Write Image I Exporting Graph Data I Graph Data File D Documents and Settings Senan Application Data ImgBurn Graph Data Files HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H N THURSDAY-JANUARY- - - PM MBIPG -R - MAX ibg I Export Successfully Completed E Operation Failed - Duration I Average Write Rate KB s x - Maximum Write Rate KB s x nbsp

A:DVD burning problem

Burners wear out... Try another optical drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problem.120731/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey Guys,

I just bought a new batch of CDRs to burn some of my mp3 files and the majority of them are not burning.

I have a Dell 4550 that is around 7 years old and I just use Realplayer V10 to burn CDs.

About a 1/4 into burning the cds it says error and aborts the burn.

I have done everything Realplayer support has told me to do...The only thing I haven't done is spray that de-duster stuff in the drive for I have never done that.

Do you think that my driver has gotten too dusty too burn cds properly or maybe the CD burner on this Dell has run its course?

I was also thinking about switching to another burn software but have yet to do so.

Or maybe the files I have been burning are corrupted and won't burn?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:CD Burner Trouble

IMHO, it is likely the CD burner has gone belly up. You could try blowing air into it but replacing it would surely solve the problem. You could take this opportunity to upgrade to a DVD burner. They also burn CDs as well. They don't really cost that much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burner-trouble.124275/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am using Nero 8 (store bought version) due to all the neat DVD burning features and software included in the program. I have been using it with my Memorex 16x DVD Rewriter for a long time now to great effect until the last couple months or so. Now it seems everytime I use Nero Vision or any of the DVD writing tools to try to burn video onto a DVD I always get an error close to the end of the burning process. This is driving me nuts. I really want to be able to make my own DVDs. I have tried different types of DVD-Rs, etc. to no avail. I have attached one of the newest error logs from Nero below so maybe hopefully it will give a clue as to what is happening.

Thanks in advance!

A:Memorex DVD rewriter not burning DVDs with Nero 8 any longer

I also tonight upgraded my Nero to version 9 to see if that would help but it has not. I still cannot burn a DVD. In addition, I cannot seem to burn using just the Windows Vista burning options either. I am starting to think I need to buy a new DVD Rewriter.

Please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memorex-dvd-rewriter-not-burning-dvds-with-nero-8-any-longer.124017/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi my name is Crystal.
My DVD burner Model ATAPI DVD A DH20A4p ATA Device is malfunctioning.
When I put in a disc (QuickTax 2008 for example) The light comes on as it reads the disc, then when I go through windows explorer to the drive I able to see what is on the disc, but when I try to access or run one of the files I can hear the drive spin and spin and it hangs up everything the only way to power down the PC for reboot is to hold the power button down.

I have tried :
updating the firmware
uninstalling the device then rebooting and windows vista notices the device and re-installs it.

After both actions there is no change.

Please somebody help :wave:

Thanks in advance
Crystal

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-need-help-dvd-burner-malfunctioning.123520/
Relevancy 27.95%

My problem is twofold One My PC won t recognise the hard disk when it s cold At bootup it recognises everything on secondary IDE but nothing on primary Is this a safety precaution or a symptom of malfunction Two My CD burner only occasionally burns It works fine in most other ways occasionally giving me a CRC error when copying EXEs The burn LED only flashes when it is working and it never gives me coasters My guess is it s software but this is just a guess Suggestions to replace the drive Start Cold Burner works & sometimes will not solve the problem Reinstalling drivers didn t help checking device manager settings were correct didn t help Enabling IMAPI service in windows didn Cold Start & Burner sometimes works t help Help CPU AMD Athlon XP Mobo FICA AU Nforce chipset MCP APU PSU W stock runs everything fine GFX ati radeon x xt latest catalyst Memory gb amp mb DDR dual channel HDD gb swapfile gb OS XP SP I ll post a Hijackthis log or anything else you might need on request nbsp

A:Cold Start & Burner sometimes works

Hi

have you tried using another PSU, it may be voltage fluctuation .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cold-start-burner-sometimes-works.123538/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello-

Just ran into a problem with audio distortion while ripping cds to my windows media library. Its brand new, but im wondering if my burning 70 discs to my library has somehow affected the performance. Im wondering what the shelve life is on these things before they start acting screwy. It still burns cds though, just cant listen to music while its doing so. This didn't start happening until 5 to 10 cd's ago. Please help if you have info.

A:DVD/CD burner problems

Anything can go wrong with an optical drive, and usually does within a year. The more you use it, the greater the risk of alignment problems, and data transfers.
None of them can be repaired or adjusted. When one becomes bad, you get another. They are that low in cost! Optical drives are basically disposables made mostly by machine.
And yes, the more you burn the shorter the life of the drive, in our experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-burner-problems.123200/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, recently I have been burning DVD's to DVD-R and everything is fine, but when I try to burn a CD, either music or data files it won't let me do it. Windows media player kicks the disc out asking to try a different sort of disk, Have tried using a different make of CD-R but still same problem. Upon using Nero to burn the CD it freezes on 6% everytime, but like I say, if I do a DVD I don't have one problem. I have also tried using a totally different DVD/CD burner and the same happens.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

A:DVD/CD burning problem

XP Media Center? Have you installed or deleted anything recently that may have caused this problem. Is your virus and malware protection up to date?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-burning-problem.122778/
Relevancy 27.09%

I haven't burned too many cds with my current setup. The first few were fine, then a few months later I went to burn a cd and two tracks were fine, and the other seven or so were all staticky and skippy. I've tried different software, tried using better cds, and even took the cd burner from my old computer and installed it, and I still have the same trouble, so I know it is some setting on my pc, that I don't know about.
Please help!

A:CD burning trouble

So now... what are your computer specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-trouble.116738/
Relevancy 27.95%

I am replacing an original dvd burner on my Compaq Presario with a LG 22X internal DVD burner. The LG burner came with wires, but they are different than the existing wide cables. I've searched the web and know about the wide cable, slave, master but the back of the LG burner is different.

A:DVD burner install first time

You probably bought a SATA (Serial ATA) optical drive instead of an IDE or PATA (Parallel ATA) optical drive. The connections are different and are not compatible. If your motherboard has SATA controllers, you should be able to use the SATA drive. If not, you should return and exchange it for an IDE model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-install-first-time.120725/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F and whenever I try to burn a dvd using ImgBurn, (A dvd burning program), as shown below, it says that there is no device detected. I haven't tried just burning a disk with any other program but the drive when I try to eject it the drive stays open!!! I dont know why it wont let me burn dvd's but that is why I am posting. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

A:ImgBurn Won't detect my Dvd-Burner

Fix CD\DVD Missing

Xp
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

Once complete, please restart

Otherwise check here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;228985
Just scroll down to the "Methods"

Or

Replace the drive, it is very common for DVD drives to eventually fail
Or check the cables are secure to the DVD inside the computer box :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/imgburn-wont-detect-my-dvd-burner.120471/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi. I'm stuck and can't seem to get help from the companies I buy from. Yea! Anyway, I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have Dell Media Experience. And, I installed an external HP DVD burner. I have the codecs I need downloaded. However, when the media experience is almost completed, it gives an "Unknown Error" message and won't finish the burn. Any ideas on this? I have searched and searched, but no answer and Dell, nor HP are any help. I am guessing the problem is the software, and not the HP burner. Dunno?????
Thanks for any ideas! Am

A:Dell media experience DVD burning

Bad optical drive. Currently the highest failure rate of any desktop computer component. Just because it is new does not mean it is working properly. Also look at all other parameters

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-media-experience-dvd-burning.120259/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi i've just discovered that my version of nero 7 ultra edition has not got the nero fast burning cd/dvd plugin installed .. and when i go to modify the installation to install the plugin .. it says that it cannot find the installation files to complete the process .. is this why my dvd's wont burn any more??

any decent help would be appreciated thank you

A:Nero fast burning cd/dvd plugin help needed

Have you tried updating your drive's firmware?

Also, try using a free software like ImgBurn to burn your DVDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nero-fast-burning-cd-dvd-plugin-help-needed.120297/
Relevancy 27.95%

ok i built my friend a computer with the xfx 780i tri sli board. We got a sata dvd burner for the computer and used it but it kept making the computer blue screen on us when we used it so we thought maybe it was bad and got a new samsung sata burner and it will let us install stuff off of disks but wont let us burn anything without locking up. My question is are there any known issues with sata dvd burners on this board? and do you guys know of a way to fix this problem.

A:XFX 780i sata dvd burner question

just bumping the thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-780i-sata-dvd-burner-question.120101/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I have a strange problem with my laptop It shows strange colour distortions before my screen goes blank for a little while and I can t do anything anymore And sometimes the screen just goes blank and + randomly blanks colour distortion Screen my laptop reboots At first Screen colour distortion + blanks randomly I thought the problem was my video card overheating but after cleaning my laptop completely the problem didn t go away I installed the new nvidia drivers but that didn t solve the problem either I ve been looking on the internet for a while now for an answer to this annoying problem but can t seem to find it so maybe you guys can help me Stats in dutch Naam van besturingssysteem Microsoft Windows XP Professional Versie Service Pack Build Fabrikant Microsoft Corporation Systeemnaam KOENAARS Systeemfabrikant Acer Systeemmodel Aspire Systeemtype X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS-versie datum Acer V SMBIOS-versie Map van Windows C WINDOWS Systeemmap C WINDOWS system Opstartapparaat Device HarddiskVolume Landinstelling Nederland Hardware Abstraction Layer Versie quot xpsp - quot Gebruikersnaam KOENAARS Koen r Tijdzone West-Europa standaardtijd Totaal fysiek geheugen MB Beschikbaar fysiek geheugen GB Totaal virtueel geheugen GB Beschikbaar virtueel geheugen GB Ruimte voor wisselbestand GB Wisselbestand C pagefile sys nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-colour-distortion-blanks-randomly.119932/
Relevancy 26.23%

PC & Burning Case Power Switch smell PC Problem Hi I recently built a new PC for a family member but I have one problem the old motherboard fried due to a power surge couple of days back I refitted a new motherboard but am having problems with the Case Power Switch I know where is goes on the motherboard but not which way I know which is plus and minus on the motherboard but can identify which PC Case Power Switch & Burning smell is which on the wire at the back of the wire it has a small arrow on one side and nothing on the other Normally I have a sheet which identifies the plus and minus that come with the case PC Problem On another PC which I have built for someone else I could smell burning and I can t identify what is wrong I have built a few PC s but first time this has happened could it just be because its a new motherboard Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:PC Case Power Switch & Burning smell

Case power switches, reset switches have no polarity needs. Plug them in anyway you want. Burning smells coming from computers is never a "normal" or good thing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-case-power-switch-burning-smell.119443/
Relevancy 26.66%

How do I burn karaoke files to discs that I can use on separate karaoke machine. Step by step please, as I am a little backward in progressing forward, as far as computers are concerned. I have tried various commercial software, but I found them all confusing.

A:Burning karaoke disc

Hi

first off you need a decent set of recordable disks, dont use cheap ones,

Now go to www.powerkaraoke.com and download power CD+G Burner

This simple program has 3 tabs

Burn

Rip

Copy

as the titles suggest what they are i wont explain it.

You choose the Burn tab click add, browse to the folder where the files are and add them in.

For some reason PCDG moves the last file to the top of the list, dont know why, just check they are in the right order if not click the file and use the up and down tab to move them in the list.

Hint to add files click the first one, hold down the shift key and click the last one.

Choose a low recording speed and then click Burn

Job done

I use this tool and its probably the best one on the market, however it does cost a bit but its worth it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-karaoke-disc.118803/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello I am new and very much a non-techie but I am endeavoring to learn I have an HP Pavilion zd laptop programs won't external DVD recognize Software burner w MS Windows XP Media Center version w Service Pak My internal DVD player has been kaput for some time now To watch DVDs I use an external DVD player burner that is a Pioneer DVR X- The external DVD CD player writer reads anything It plays DVDs Software programs won't recognize external DVD burner using Nero software which came w the player or it can use the Inter Video Win DVD program that came with my computer The external DVD player will burn CDs using iTunes However I want to burn DVDs I used to burn them using Media Center however Media Center only looks for DVDs in my kaput internal writer How can I get it to acknowledge my wonderful external player I have the same problem with Roxio and Record Now two very good programs that used to work when my internal drive actually worked They do not recognize my external player If I can give you more helpful information please let me know I can give you more system specs but I honestly don t know where to get that iformation I thank you for your Software programs won't recognize external DVD burner response nbsp

A:Software programs won't recognize external DVD burner

Hi

why not just buy a new internal DVD writer, they only cost a few quid and are easy to fit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-programs-wont-recognize-external-dvd-burner.118594/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am getting "E:\ is not Accessible. Incorrect Function" message when i try to burn a CD or DVD on an external DVD\RW that works on other PC's. Last week I tried a drag and drop in windows explorer that failed. since then my internal and external drives won't burn. they don't even show up in my Roxio as burn devices. I did not have any problems prior to the drag and drop failure. I have since uninstalled all of the burning softwares that were on my pc. I know it is not a hardware problem as I am able to burn to the external on other pc's. any ideas??? please help.

A:Getting E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function message on an external burner

This may work

I had the same problem and recently cured it by going to the Drive letter in Windows Explorer and right clicking on it. Go to Properties; Click on Recording; Check "Enable CD recording on this drive". If it wasn't clicked before this will probably do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-e-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function-message-on-an-external-burner.31391/
Relevancy 28.38%

dvd burner on my laptop will read all the dvds i have burnt and movies i have bought but it will not read rental dvds all the time i have cleaned it several times and uninstalled and reinstalled most recent drivers. when i put a rental dvd in it acts like it is trying to read it then it starts making a skipping noise and stops and player acts as if there is no dvd in it. i am starting to think there is a new copy protection keeping burners from reading rental dvds or my drive is toast any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

A:DVD burner problems

rentals can either be badly scratched or abused therefore hard to read. Also rentals sometimes have additional copy protection.

Try getting better rentals.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problems.117196/
Relevancy 28.38%

I was video taping a volleyball game on my trusty cam-corder and used my Toshiba DVD player to transfer the game from cam-corder onto a blank DVD-RW it burns the disk in the DVD player if you don t no what i m talking about I then tried to transfer the video read Burner won't DVD-RW's DVD off of the DVD-RW onto my computer but my DVD burner wouldn t reconize the disc I then looked around for an update to my firmware and found DVD Burner won't read DVD-RW's one on this site http www techspot com drivers driver file information it installed perfectly and i rebooted my computer and then i DVD Burner won't read DVD-RW's put the disc in again and when i tried to open the disc it said D is no accessible Incorrect function So now i m frusturated because it d be nice to get this on the computer so I can edit it Help would be DVD Burner won't read DVD-RW's appreciated DVD Burner Specs -I believe its an LG DVD burner thats what it says on the front of it HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H N Driver Version -Also I thought maybe if I used DVD shrink to back up the file onto my computer that would work but that also didn t read the disc nbsp

A:DVD Burner won't read DVD-RW's

K just to update this... I found the firmware update on LG's website and installed that and now i'm not getting that error message the disc opens it just tells me that there are no files on the disc when there clearly is....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-wont-read-dvd-rws.116391/
Relevancy 28.38%

A dvd burner was recently installed in my computer and everything was working fine but now four months later I can only burn cds but not dvds. I can watch dvds however but when I try to burn dvds the drive ejects and asks for a blank dvd even though one is already in the tray. I am confused and not sure what to do. Please help.

A:Dvd burner troubleshoot

What you are saying is normal operation

When the DVD (inserted or not) is ready to be burnt, your DVD tray will open asking for the disc. You can then put in the disc (even the same one that was already in there originally)

This is just the default normal operation of the program that you are using

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-troubleshoot.115981/
Relevancy 28.38%

A friend computer has the all to familiar problem of his optical drive disapearing from my computer. I know you can delete the upper and lower filters however i wouldn't trust him to do this and i'm not going to be able to do it for him. I know that there is a program that performs the fix for you out there that he could run i just cant remember what it was called and or i just cant find it. Anyone know of it and could point me to it?

A:Burner Missing

Xp
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burner-missing.114939/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a Pioneer DVD burner and I'm using Windows XP all purchased within the year

I am having trouble burning a CD. I tried to copy some pictures and videos from my camera on to a CD using Nero, Express Burn and then straight from my computer just attaching the files directly from the DVD drive. I get the same error each time. It will go thru the whole process and then at the end says there was an error and the files were not copied. I've gone thru 4 cd's already with the same results.

Please help. Remember I'm a notice at this techy stuff.

A:DVD Burner won't copy

First question I have is, since you bought the PC, is this the first time you've tried burning CDs? If you have previously and then it stopped, that's a classic spyware symptom. If this is the first time you've tried, then there may be an installation problem with with the DVD drive, deviec driver or Neor burning program.

Please reply.

Best,
-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-wont-copy.114913/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have 2 Dvd burners on my computer 1 Internal and 1 External Dvd burner. I am trying to burn cds through Windows Media Player 10. The Internal Drive is an LG it came with my Dell computer and the External drive is an Iomega Usb. If I add 3 songs to download and click on start burn it prepares the music and starts the burning process but when it is finalizing the first song I get an Error saying Windows Media Player is unable to Finish burn process.

I work with computers so I brought the Burners to work and hooked them up to a different computer and they work just fine and burn Audio CD's. Not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have Window XP Professional with 512MB RAM.

Pentium 4 Processor

A:CD burning won't work

Install XP's SP3 update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-wont-work.114781/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello I have just loaded a Sata DVD Burner and I am running a Gigabyte GA- EANXP-D motherboard and hard drive in IDE When I go to start up the computer a message comes up say Boot disk failure Boot from Cd boot disk insert system disk and press enter I have gone into the Cmos setup utility and checked that the Sata Raid AHCI was set to raid it Sata dvd burner was set to raid restarted the computer would not start went back into the Cmos Sata dvd burner and set the on chip sata mode to Auto still Sata dvd burner would not start went into the device Manager and made sure the silicom Image sil sata raid was working it is working fine went into the raid configuration Utility setup it is showing in the DVD Burner in the physical and the logical drive I don t know where to go from here I hope you can assist me with this problem Many Thanks Terry nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-dvd-burner.114571/
Relevancy 28.81%

my cd burner worked great today i burned a cd and when i checked it, it was empty and i put in anither cd with info and pix and it didnot show anything but said insert cd. the add hardware said everything is fine. what could the problem be?

A:Cd burner

scarecrow1 as you have posted here a few times with different issues. It may be best for you to put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer (like HP; Dell or other) It would be best to put that information in your Mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 or whatever it may be)

Regarding your "burning issue"
What burn software are you using?
Have you tried with another disc? Even from a another manufacture?
Have you closed the session on the disc write?
Have you completed a full Virus scan?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burner.114393/
Relevancy 27.52%

I was about to burn a cd/dvd, but it says, connect a burner and restart the player. what is the problem ? I did use this even before but just now, i can't even see an icon with my drive d: ...any suggestions?
im using windows vista

A:CD burning

Yes read here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning.114166/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a plextor PX SA that won t load some commercial movies After some movies load DVD-DL won't commercial burner quot tries quot you can hear something in the drive of trying to quot read quot the disc s I get a blinking amber lite that flashes twice then stops and flashes twice again This code according to Plextor means that t was quot unable to focus quot The movie titles are quot league of extraordinary gentilemen quot quot days later quot and quot days DVD-DL burner won't load some commercial movies quot The first are dual layer no flipping the last one does DVD-DL burner won't load some commercial movies not specify but there was printing on one side of the disc All these have some sort of copy protection but this seems to be a hardware issue rather than a software encryption problem I haven t had any other issues with this drive either reading writing SL or DL and playing in other machines or playing other DVD commercial movies these movies play fine in newer set top tv boxes I am not trying to copy these movies just play them on through this system System specifics the plextor drive is a vintage with firmware rev the system is an Intel PBZ P GHZ GB Ram with a WinXP w SP OS running Roxio Easy Creator DVD player I looked at a similar thread that marioherbert posted in Jun of but his was more of playing DVD-DL that was burnt on his drive The question s I have are this because of the age of this drive and system is there such a thing as not being able to load DVD-ROM Dual Layer even though the drive reads and writes to DVD- R RW SL DLregularly Is there a quot hardware chip quot similar to the requirements of BR-HDD to play these discs I am fence sitting about buying a new system but can t see buying new stuff if the old performs okay thanks nbsp

A:DVD-DL burner won't load some commercial movies

just a guess.. but it could well be copyright protection on those commercial movies... ahem... why else would you be concerned they don't work on a burner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-dl-burner-wont-load-some-commercial-movies.113233/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a laptop hp dv2800 series. My problem with burning an audio cd is that I either get an error message saying to insert a blank cd when I've already loaded a blank cd into the rom and when I don't get that message, the blank CD go through the burning process just fine until the burning is complete and it automatically eject the cd. I always have to make sure the CD is loaded with the audio files by testing the cd into a cd player and majority of the time there are no files on that cd. I've used roxio which is the program that came with the laptop when I bought it. I've also switched to using Nero and WMP and I still get the same problem when burning..

Techsupport, what do you suggest?

A:Problem burning Audio (CD-R) with Nero and WMP

Techsupport, what do you suggest?Click to expand...

I don't know, you'd have to ask them

Here at TechSpot, we may have some ideas though.

First of all confirm all your drivers are up to date, here
Possibly run a Virus/Malware scan, by going here
Also try different discs, and run CCleaner on your system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-burning-audio-cd-r-with-nero-and-wmp.113102/
Relevancy 28.38%

My Dell latitude D600 will play cds and dvds perfectly but will not burn cds.It is an TSL460C cdr/dvd unit.I downloaded the latest drivers and it appears that data is being placed on the cd,but it won't recognize the burned cd.Anything I've missed?

A:Cd burner will not burn

How old is the drive? There are different lasers for read/ write, and alignment might be an issue. If you believe that the data is being written, will another machine read the discs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burner-will-not-burn.113030/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a Lite-On sata burner. It will read and write any CD just fine. It will read any DVD movie or program just fine. The only thing it won't do is read/acknowledge blank DVD-Rs. At this time I only have 1 brand of blank media to test... memorex 16x DVD-Rs. It will read 1 of these memorex discs with data already on it(burned on another drive/pc).

My 1st instinct is that the issue is the media itself and not the drive or the software(nero)... what do you guys think?

I'll try a different brand of media as soon as I can.

A:Blank DVD-R not seen by burner

Do you have any problems with any other DVD formats. Post the model of your lite-on optical drive. That would be very helpful. Also try other DVD formats. It might also be that your blank media is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-dvd-r-not-seen-by-burner.111824/
Relevancy 27.95%

I bought a new external IOMagic dvd burner. It is an external unit with 2.0 connection. The unit works fine and the PC speaker system plays great. Only thing is I like to watch movies at my computer and listen with headphones. The dvd burner has a headphone jack right on the front of the unit, but it doesn't work. Have tried two different headphones that I know work. Please help.
Thanks,
gary

A:Headphone jack won't work on dvd burner

What versions of windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-jack-wont-work-on-dvd-burner.43115/
Relevancy 28.38%

I recently got my hands on a Pioneer burner internal Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- D after installing it onto my desktop computer my other DVD Burner a BenQ BenQ problems big New DVD causes burner DVD DD DW was uninstalled and got the error code saying that the drivers are either corrupted or are missing and no matter how many times I try and reinstall the drivers or anything like that it fails also even my virtual disc drive I had using Daemontools lite wouldn t work New DVD burner causes big problems either I ve tried removing the burner and going back to my original setup and have tried replacing the old burner with the new one it still gets all those issues regardless Everything else works completely fine but I have no disc drives aside from an old floppy drive now Please give me some advice to fix this any help is much appreciated Just FYI have a custom pc with a PC Chips model M G with XP SP I have hdd a gig and a gig then an external that i connect every so often I have an Nvidia video card and a diamond type sound card the model number of that escapes me but it was the cheapest sound card they had nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-dvd-burner-causes-big-problems.110409/
Relevancy 28.38%

The DVD burner LG GSA- B on my kid s PC stopped burning It will play DVDs and CDs but it will not burn I have tried CloneDVD Clone CD Nero Pinnacle and Shrink DVD but all stop after and spit out the message that the quot DVD CD quality is won't burn burner DVD bad and to try a different brand quot Of course I m paraphrasing Knowing that was not the problem I tried different brands anyway but with no success I pulled the DVD burner out of the PC and replaced it with a new one from NEC ND- A Same problem I changed the pin cables Same problem Pulled the memory and tested the PC with new ones Same problem I switched the drives from slave-master and back again Same problem I re-installed the operating system Windows DVD burner won't burn XP Professional Same problem Maybe its the mainboard I ve updated that with the new BIOS Same problem The only thing I havn t done is hose the sucker with an Uzi I consider myself a good tech maybe not the best but DVD burner won't burn more than average Before I throw this thing in the Rhein river maybe somebody out there can save my kid s PC from certain death side note PC specs are in my profile nbsp

A:DVD burner won't burn

Problem solved!

Found the problem. Although I am a little surprised at the solution. IDE 1, I have a 80GB HD(master) and a 30GB HD(slave). IDE 2, I have a NEC DVD-R/W(master) and a LG DVD-ROM(slave). I have been using this configuration sequence on every PC I have built, and thats well over a hundred. Never has there been any conflict with the hardware or the software. After excercising various theories, including replacing the burner and the cables, I came to the solution. I plugged the burner into IDE 1 as slave to the 80GB HD and plugged the 30GB HD into IDE2 as master over the DVD-ROM. Problem solved, the burner now works perfectly again. I have no idea why this solved the problem, the PC has been working without a glitch ever since I built it seven months ago. I have burned alot of DVDs with that PC without any failures whatsoever. I am still scratching my head in bewilderment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-wont-burn.28703/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello

This is my first post here, and I suscribed specifically to address this issue... I boght a new Asus laptop a few months ago. I had used its DVD burner to burn one DVD, and it worked well, but then yesterday, I attempted to burn a CD, both in windows and in Linux, with various programs, and the result was always the same: The program would go through the motions, report the cd complete, and the CD would remain blank (and usable), just as if I had simulated burning, but every time I checked this was not the case. Any ideas?

A:CD/DVD Burner not working

Waste not a second. Get that drive replaced under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-burner-not-working.109851/
Relevancy 28.38%

i have windows xp. i have used my dvd burner on my computer for over two years now. occationaly i would have to restart my pc to get it working, but this time it has been days. so i looked and it is showing a code 10. i uninstalled and reinstalled but still have the same problem. any suggestions as to what to do next??

A:DVD burner code 10

If using Nero 7 or 8, and Windows VISTA
Remove both the UpperFilters and LowerFilters
Even with Windows XP, removing both filters and rebooting can get it working.
On other Nero, Roxio, and Record now, go to the software website to download and install the latest burner software drivers (the process will delete the old version) be sure you have your software serial number handy before you do this, or it won't install at all.

On others, you may have to install the firmware for the drive from the manufacturers website,

On others totally removing Nero, Roxio, or Record now, and editing out all references using RegClean by Juoni Viourno from www.majorgeeks.com.
Then reboot, and reinstall your burner software.

Also, doing a Gurgle search for DVD Code 10 will get you other suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-code-10.109456/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all,
I'm having trouble burning cds. I have Dell Inspiron E1505 with just the hardware that came with it. When I try to burn a cd everything seems okay (I can select the files, copy them to cd, & the process seems to complete), but in the end the cd is still blank. I have tried to burn w/ Windows Media Player & Sonic, both seem to be working, say the files have been burnt, & the cd drive even pops open at the end as if everything has been completed, but the cd is still blank. Any help is much appreciated.
Scott

A:Cd burning issue

Your burner may be worn out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-issue.108038/