Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Q: Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Any advice on this matter would be gratefully received I have a Dell Dimension which I purchased in June Windows Burning Working Not CD Native It has Windows XP Media Centre Edition installed Version Service Pack I have a CD DVD ROM Windows Native CD Burning Not Working Drive Drive D and a CD DVD RW Drive Drive E Also pre-installed on the computer is quot Roxio Creator LE - Dell Edition quot Up until recently I had no problems using Windows own native burning capabilities in wrting to a CD-RW disc I haven t used a DVD RW yet However about two weeks ago I found that I could no longer write to although I could read from a CD-RW disc When I put a CD RW disc into Drive E no window would pop up and I would have to go to Explorer to start the writing process It would only go so far up to the point where it asked me to put into the drive a CD-RW disc even though there was one already in and then it would go no further Instead it would keep asking me to put a CD-RW disc into the drive I checked Device Manager and it stated that the device was working properly and was enabled However it recognised the drive only as a CD DVD ROM Drive If I right clicked on the drive in My Computer and went into the drive Properties I would find a under the General Tab a reference to it being a CD Drive under Auto Play the box was checked for Prompt me each time to chose an action under Hardware it was stated to be a CD DVD ROM Drive d under DLA it had the name of the Drive and DLA was not enabled and never has been as far as I am aware e there was a Recording Tab with enable CD Recording on this Drive checked Dell helped me to do a diagnostic self test but no errors were found They replaced the Phillips drive with an Optiarc DVD RW ND- A but still the problem persists I can burn to a disc in Drive E with Roxio without any problems but I can t burn using the native Windows capability The Dell Engineer said that it was an undetermined Registry problem and that I should re-install Windows XP which so far I have refused to do I uninstalled and reinstalled after re-boot the Optiarc drive through Device Manage but still no luck Then I checked the Registry Values of the quot CD Burning Drive quot in the Registry and these are now set to for the CD DVD RW Drive Drive E and for the CD DVD ROM Drive Drive D The problem still persists I am told that I can clean the upper and lower filters in the Registry whatever they are to try and resolve the problem but this may mean that I would have to re-install Roxio I don t want to adopt this procedure as Roxio was preinstalled and I have no installation disc I should also say that my auto run for the CD DVD ROM Drive Drive D has also stopped working and I have to manually run a disc through Explorer now HELP Lyndros nbsp

Relevancy 96.75%

Is there?

I'd like to burn a cue/bin set of files and wonder if the basic Win7 burning software will burn them properly or if I should use a 3rd party app?

If the basic Win7 burning software doesn't, is there a freeware from MS for it?

Thanks!

A:Native Windows 7 Disc Image Mount/Burning Software?

Have a look here:

FREE Great Programs for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/73279-native-windows-7-disc-image-mount-burning-software.html
Relevancy 92.45%

when i try to write to the disc... windows doesn't recognize that i Do have blank media in the drive...

thx for any help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-native-cd-burning.573200/
Relevancy 90.3%

I've got a SATA LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L DVD burner.

When I try to burn a DVD with WIN7 "send to ..." it always asks to insert a blank disc, even when it's already blank.

Nero essential has no problem. Anyone see this? I guess I'm off to look for a fw update.
THanks

A:Native DVD burning doesn't work

I have same model but all works fine...
My suggestions: 1. stick with nero; 2. do a fw update

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/21726-native-dvd-burning-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 79.55%

My Win pro desktop was left on overnight last week and in the AM it would not wake up It was still running but dead I powered off at the switch and restarted nothing No flickers no sound just an occasional red HD active lamp flicker I did this several times with the same result I unplugged everything took the box to The Computer Guy for some diagnostic help and as soon as he powered everything up BOOM the system was alive and Burning recognize apps media won't well That's a head scratcher says I Did you unplug the power cord from the wall says Burning apps won't recognize media he Well no I didn't Isn't OFF off Apparently not Something apparently stays powered when the fans etc are not running and keeping things confused Who knew The next day I went to burn a DVD and some CDs for my old friends The burner was seen by windows and will respond to eject commands but none of my burning apps was able to see any media They just keep Burning apps won't recognize media running in search mode till I kill the program I fumbled around unloading and loading the driver that Windoz says was running and current I did some searches on the intertubes for the problem but nothing matched my situation My next move is to haul it back to The Computer Guy and see what it is that I'm obviously doing wrong ed to add In the shop we didn't even open the case Before I took it in I opened it and powered it up to see if a fan was dead or if there was some where obvious indicating that the smoke had gotten out All seemed as it should be after I cleaned it up a bit with some canned air Canned air what a concept Any thoughts Thanks in advance

A:Burning apps won't recognize media

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584871/burning-apps-wont-recognize-media/
Relevancy 78.69%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 77.83%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 73.96%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 73.96%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 73.96%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi Recently the following has occurred Outlook would hang when viewing opening emails Would occur in safe mode also tried new profile removing add-ons with no luck When looking for and windows apps - working Native Help other please not another mail app Dreammail did the same but Eudora works Internet Explorer comes up blank and Native windows and other apps not working - Help please hangs trying to run perfmon report and it hangs Some desktop icons are blank tried rebuilding icon cache to no avail So looking for some help As a start I have run minitoolbox with the folliowing selected List Native windows and other apps not working - Help please last Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users Partitions and Memory size And got the report below Don't know if it helps but had to try something but honestly I need smarter people than me to interpret Thanks in advance Neil MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Caterpillar administrator on - - at Running from C Users Caterpillar Downloads Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program perfmon exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID Start Time ce d ce Termination Time Application Path C Windows system perfmon exe Report Id d e -b - e -bd - e a c Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program Explorer EXE version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID fdc Start Time ce cebf ceb b Termination Time Application Path C Windows Explorer EXE Report Id -b e- e -a - e a c Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program DM exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID c Start Time ce d f f Termination Time Application Path C Program Files DreamMail DM exe Report Id f fe a -b a- e -a - e a c Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program DSUpdate exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID Start Time ce cee be Termination Time Application Path C Program Files Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe Report Id b aadb -b a- e -a - e a c Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program DM exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID f Start Time ce d d e eb Termination Time Application Path C Program Files DreamMail DM exe Report Id e -b a- e -a - e a c Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program OUTLOOK EXE version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID d Start Time ce d c efe b Termination Time Application Path C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE Report Id ef f -b b- e -a - e a c Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for rpshellextension language amp x a type win version Dependent Assembly rpshellextension language amp x a type win version could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for Microsoft Windows Common-Con... Read more

A:Native windows and other apps not working - Help please

Are you up to date with all the win7 updates? And what [programs have you installed recently?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494081/native-windows-and-other-apps-not-working-help-please/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 68.37%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 64.5%

Where are native Win 10 apps stored? I can't find the directory into which they are installed. I'm talking about Store, Maps. Netflix, etc.

A:Where are native Win 10 apps stored?

Originally Posted by ivanabq

Where are native Win 10 apps stored? I can't find the directory into which they are installed. I'm talking about Store, Maps. Netflix, etc.

C:\Program Files
it's a hidden folder, though.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68669-where-native-win-10-apps-stored.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have a problem copying data on a rewritable CD with Windows XP I copy the data to be burned to the temporary space on the CD-Rewriter drive and this is ok the data is then XP-CD burning Windows displayed in the window I then put the blank rewritable CD in the CD-rewriter drive select the files and click on quot Write these files to CD quot So then the CD burning wizard comes up asks me to name the CD which I do I click Next and I get quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert a rewritable CD in the drive quot which I have done I have also tried to open Windows XP-CD burning the blank rewritable CD from the CD-drive but same thing it asks me to insert a CD in the drive whereas the CD is already in there I thought maybe the CD was corrupt so I tried another one Windows XP-CD burning and same thing happened Somehow it s not seeing that there is a CD in the drive I went into the CD-rewriter drive properties to see if I could see anything that related to the problem but I couldn t Please can you help I work in IT and can usually fix problems quite easily but this has given me a headache and I am not used to Windows XP Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I was just wondering what exactly is the use for that "format" function on CD drives (on a computer running windows xp)?? I've tried using it for both CD-RW's and DVD's and it's stuffed them up- if I tried dragging and dropping files into a "formatted" disk it says "cyclic redundancy error" or the disk is full/write-protected.

Also- is there any way to use the CD-RW drive like a USB stick/floppy on Windows XP ie. write over individual files and save files directly from applications like Microsoft Word (aside from using 3rd party software)? Or are we stuck with the erase-and-rewrite function on Windows Explorer?

A:burning CD-RW and windows xp

CD-RW means ReWritable, not ReadWrite.

Therefore using the CD like a floppy or a USB drive is not the intent or design of the media, however third party software (packet writers such as InCD) will do it, using a non standard format.

However every write operation puts the rest of the data at risk, as CDs can have a relatively high error rate that is not tolerated by the read-write activities.

To be honest packet writing is about the most unreliable method of using a CD that I have ever seen, I could never recommend it.

The limitations of the XP writer are here:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cd-rw-and-windows-xp.456065/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

What speed should I chose when burning a bootable windows 98 SE cd-rw disk ?

Or doesn't that matter anyway ?

A:Burning windows 98

4X is the usual speed recommend for a bootable CD/DVD. If not available, use the slowest speed offered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353439-burning-windows-98-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm using CDburnerXP Pro 3 which works fine, but I can't figure out how to make a DVD that I can play on my DVD player.

I've downloaded a bunch of authoring, and 'all in one' programs, but none of them have worked. Can anyone recomend me one that is free, and easy to use?

Relevancy 64.07%

Ok, i've got the dreaded "unmountable boot volume" error message and can't boot up the computer. Having read all the advice I am supposed to use the windows xp cd to get to the recovery console. Both my computers had windows xp already installed and i don't have a disk. I have got a rescue disk but this just wants to wipe the hard disk and start again.

Can i burn a windows cd from the hard disk of my computer? where is windows stored if i didn't get a disk?

Or can i sort out the unmountable boot volume thing with just a rescue disk?

Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-windows-cd.564238/
Relevancy 64.07%

what it the best dvd burning software for windows 8.1 that is free

A:windows 8 dvd burning

ImgBurn
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-cd-dvd-burning-software.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-dvd-burning.1152053/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have burned several CD's & they work fine on the computer but some of them won't work in my car. Someone mentioned finalizing the CD. How does one do that? Why would some of the discs work & others not. My car says "bad disc." Appreciate any help.

A:cd burning in windows 8

Are they MP3s or are you converting to CDA? What software are you using? Here's an excellent freebie:https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/cd-burning-in-windows-8/2138.html
Relevancy 64.07%

is it possible to install a cd burner in a system running windows 95??

A:cd burning in windows 95

Yes. Adaptec (now Roxio) worked well, but later Roxio versions may not (5 and above). You will have to supply the W95 drivers for your burner. Also, I can only vouch for W95c(OEM).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-in-windows-95.282778/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello guys, I have a problems with my Windows 10.
The native application icons do not appear on the toolbar (like calculator, e-mail, Edge, settings, etc):
I'm using the build 14279, but it has happened since the first (I am Insider)
I tried reinstalling the applications but not solved, any solution?

Thanks!!

A:Native apps toolbar dont appear

Hi, found this, but just shows reinstalling doesn't solve it (MVP solution).
Taskbar icons of universal apps not - Microsoft Community

Besides which, the powershell command breaks apps since build 10586 in November - I've not seen anything to show any updates have corrected that.

So....
My immediate reaction, given you've had this problem a long time is to suggest

a. Create a full disk image (defensive backup) as the next step is major (but should be safe).
(Everyone should use disk imaging and update the image anyway - so much safer and really fast with SSD and USB3)
b. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

The in-place repair
- leaves all your programs and most settings in place
- reverts your build to 10580 ('cos that's the version of the iso)
- turns off system restore
- creates Windows.old
- means subsequent Win updates need redoing

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43723-native-apps-toolbar-dont-appear.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all. I just picked up my first blu ray anything. A Asus blu ray burner. I got it for the sole purpose of burning my pictures and movies for a second back up as dvds were getting out of control. My question is can I burn a data blu ray with just windows, like how its done with dvds and cds. I did pop in a blank blu ray disk and went with the motion of creating a blu ray but I didnt want to commit because I only have 2 right now. My computer reconized a blank blu ray as a 25gb storage in the computer panel for what its worth. Thanks.

A:Burning blu ray data with just windows 7

Someone with a Blu-Ray burner will surely answer

But from what I gather, it will.

Only one way to find out, didn`t the drive come with software ?

burning data blu-ray, all I get is coasters!

http://www.simplehelp.net/2011/01/24...-in-windows-7/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/338553-burning-blu-ray-data-just-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

How do I burn an iso file in windows 7? I thought that windows 7 was supposed to have native support for burning this type of file. There is no "burn disc image" option when right clicking on iso files.

A:Burning iso's in windows 7 professional?

Set Windows Disk Image Burner or your choice of burner in Control Panel>Default Programs.

I use ImgBurn, but Windows burner in Win7 is surprisingly stable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/54637-burning-isos-windows-7-professional.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey guys on my PC I cannot burn disk on Win XP pro SP I put in a blank disk and click on XP windows burning on function No it it says like not accessible but I boot Win Vista and put some songs on a disk amp it works recently my drives totally did not work but the PC detected them XP I found I can go into the registry and delete keys called like upper filters amp lower filters then they worked again Is this no burning capability just like a bad after effect I would like to go back to Vista for my main OS but I couldn t use ComboFix just in case of a bad virus which iv had many before but not lately because I got ESET and its a beast I know I can always redo XP but it takes me a long time to get it feeling like my PC agian because of tweaking settings installing programs setting my icons and No burning function on windows XP stuff I can do just about anything on a PC if you have something fun to do D but ya any help would be greatly appreciated amp if you need any info just say thanks

A:No burning function on windows XP

I think that THIS may be worth looking at.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348456/no-burning-function-on-windows-xp/
Relevancy 63.21%

I need help asap burning pictures to a dvd-r. I am using Windows 7 on a hp laptop. I keep getting the error message that the dvd-r that I am trying to use is not supported by my system. Can someone please help me fix this so I can burn my pictures? Thank you...Wrenie

A:ISO help with burning dvds with windows 7

OK, first has the DVD-R already have files burned on it? You can only use a DVD-R once, unless you chose to not close the session after burning. Next, what software are you using to burn the DVD? This may seem obvious, but do you have a DVD/RW drive?
Be sure you are using a blank DVD-R that is a name brand not a generic (Phillips, Sony, TDK etc) Try using the free program CDBurner XP and choose to make a Data Disc, and drop your photos into that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/iso-help-with-burning-dvds-with-windows-7-a-638345.html
Relevancy 63.21%

when attempting to use the windows cd burning software i keep getting an error message before it really "tries" to do anything, i burn a lot of mp3 discs so thats why i'd use this, if anyone has any ideas on what this could be it would help a lot, thanks

Relevancy 63.21%

DVD Burning Software for Windows 7
Hi,

I am looking for peoples recommendations on Windows 7 compatible DVD burning software. I don't particularly want people doing a quick search and telling me what catches there eye, I'd rather have people who currently use a certain piece of software.

I have tried Roxio Creator Suite 2010 and Nero 10 (needed patent activation to use DVD encoding function). Roxio repeatedly froze so that had to be uninstalled.

Thanks.

A:DVD Burning Software for Windows 7

If you want a small, simple to use program try ImgBurn.

If you want a burning suite like Nero, but free try Ashampoo Burning Studio Free.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-software-for-windows-7.923573/
Relevancy 63.21%

I CAN BURN A DISK AND PLAY IT ON MY LAPTOP BUT NOT ON ANY OTHER CD PLAYER.CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?

A:burning a disk in windows 8

you need to finalise a disk before it will play in another machine
and of course the machine needs to be able to play the format of the files you have, burnt not all CD players will play MP3s for instance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/burning-disk-windows-8-4608838/
Relevancy 63.21%

I spent the last 4 hours trying to burn files to a DVD in Windows 7 Pro.
Finally I had to resort to InfroRecorder to do the job.
This is ridiculous.
Nothing needs to be that difficult.

A:burning CD/DVD is a nightmare in windows 7 pro

To be fair, more information would be helpful if you want your problem looked at.

What were you trying to burn? What type of discs were you using? Which file format were you using? What speed were you trying to burn at? What are your computer specs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/165837-burning-cd-dvd-nightmare-windows-7-pro.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello.

I am trying to burn an windows xp professional disk but once burning the disk its not allowing me to boot into the disk. Once booting up the w/s i'll change the boot order so that the DVD drive loads first but its like its not picking up the xp disk which is weird because i can run the disk when im logged in just not when trying to boot up into it. Im burning the disk with nero and still no luck.

Can somebody help please? Thank you

A:Burning an windows xp disk

How are you creating this disk? If you're attempting to illegally copy an XP disk, we can't help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-an-windows-xp-disk-545172.html
Relevancy 63.21%

The reason I ask is because I was just going to install it on my computer but then stopped because the installer told me I need to install all this other stuff that is either outdated Microsoft VC redist going back to or irrelevant Direct D I thought Direct D is used for rendering graphics why would a dvd burning program need it Anyways Just wondering If Nero Burning 7? on Rom Use Windows 11 Anyone I should install it Could any of this old stuff screw with or replace newer updates already isntalled I want something with a little more control than the native windows burning software but a quot light quot version without all the extra crap like audio video file Anyone Use Nero Burning Rom 11 on Windows 7? conversion system back-up etc just a burner but with lots of fine tuning ability I have used nero products in the Anyone Use Nero Burning Rom 11 on Windows 7? past and have been satisfied for the most crap but not sure about installing all that stuff its asking for Any advice recomendations on whether or not to install or alternative software

A:Anyone Use Nero Burning Rom 11 on Windows 7?

I have installed all of them on 7 x64 and working perfectly yet as I aware. dont know much about would this replace or mess up new updates. if you're just unsure about updates, after installation, why don't you run the win update again. And direct3d is necessary for Nero vision I think(currently Nero Video).

about the burner, there is Nero 9 burning ROM that they giving away it for free. isn't it? Or you could try roxio for a better burner with lot of fine tuning facilities. wait for others to give their suggestions on this and you could go and see topten reviews on this matter too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/215253-anyone-use-nero-burning-rom-11-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have been trying to burn a music CD on my bf s laptop but every time I try Windows sends me to WMP to do so I only want to burn the mp s that I ve already converted to play in a standard CD player in his truck It goes through the motions I do everything it asks it quot finishes quot and it would appear that the job is done but then Windows continues seeing the disc as blank and working burning CD not Windows it will not play on other devices I m stumped I quot ve checked his default program settings everything seems to be in order All I want to do is burn this CD and it work using Windows burning software without having to Windows CD burning not working download and use another program which I don Windows CD burning not working t even know would work either On a side note what happened to the search tool for TS I was going to search for others having the same problem but Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-cd-burning-not-working.218945/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi!
I'd like to burn files onto my DVD using Windows Explorer. When I drag the files to the DVD it lasts very long. I've heard that Windows copies files into Temp folder and that's the reason. Is there any solution to turn it off? I don't want to change or move the copy folder. I want to burn the files directly, without unnecessary copying and waiting. I don't want any burning software alternatives.

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 - burning function

If you don't want any alternatives, then you might not be interested in the solution. Honestly, the built-in burning app is junk, basically by design. If Microsoft had made it a useful, quality program, the other vendors would have sued to get it removed.

You're best bet, like it or not, is to use one of the better, free alternatives. On top of all I mentioned, the alternatives give you FAR more control over your burning. There's no reason at all to avoid them. Did I mention they are more reliable?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/178994-windows-7-burning-function.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I Have Itunes On My Windows Xp, I Put In A New Cd/dvd Burner And Now Itunes Says That It Cant Find Cd Burner Or Software, But It Worked With My Old Drive?
Can Any One Help!

A:Cd Burning Help On Itunes For Windows

Hi DURAMAXDIESEL78.

Seems we skipped your post, sorry for the delay.

If you still need help, first check that your new CD/DVD burner appears correctly in device manager : right-click my computer => properties => hardware => device manager. Check that your new drive is under DVD/CD-rom drives and that there's no yellow exclamation mark on it.

Then uninstall iTunes, reboot the computer and reinstall it. That should do the trick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-help-on-itunes-for-windows-162899.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Im not sure if this is windows related or hardware related- oh damn I hope its windows.

I was trying to burn an ISO file to a CD and received an error message

"There was an error while trying to copy files on this CD. This CD may no longer be usable."

I tried using other disks but kept receiving the same error. I have messed with my services FYI, but I put IMAPI on Manual and booted it before I attempted to burn the .ISO file. What could be wrong with my DVD-RW drive? What other services have I missed that could be causing problems? Thanks for any help...

A:Windows Burning Issues...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSF1200S

Im not sure if this is windows related or hardware related- oh damn I hope its windows.

I was trying to burn an ISO file to a CD and received an error message

"There was an error while trying to copy files on this CD. This CD may no longer be usable."

I tried using other disks but kept receiving the same error. I have messed with my services FYI, but I put IMAPI on Manual and booted it before I attempted to burn the .ISO file. What could be wrong with my DVD-RW drive? What other services have I missed that could be causing problems? Thanks for any help...

You say that you have tried different media which is good but have you tried a different ISO? If other ISOs burn fine and other burn projects burn fine then it might just be that particular ISO that you are trying to burn.

What burning software are you using?

Lydokane

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-burning-issues-145550.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Does any one know where i can get a burning software that will support windows xp?

or i just have to wait for cople months until they come up with some patches

Relevancy 63.21%

I've tried Nero 8 &9, cdburnerXP, Roxio, Ashampoo and "every" disc fails to burn using these programs. On the otherhand Imgburn works fine.
I'm running Windows 7 Professional and had Ultimate running with the same outcome. Latest version with all updates.
It's as if anything that doens't burn in the same way that Imgburn does will fail. It doesn't even get to burn to the disc actually it will do it's intro and then say fail. I can hear the drive spin up but after about 1 minute says burning failed.
I also tried using Burrrn to burn FLAC files to an audio cd and Burrrn fails as well. I probally could handle it and use Imgburn but how do I burn FLAC files with Imgburn? I most likley will revert back to Vista until WIndows 7 SP1 comes out.

A:Burning fails in Windows 7

Hmm well there could be multiple problems -

1. What write speed are you trying to burn at? Don't burn @ maximum best will be 6 - 8x.

2. I'm using Alcohol 120% and I've never had a single burn ever fail I don't see why thoes programs would.

3. Are you sure you have a properly working DVD burner?

Its weird that only ImgBurn would burn but none of the others..... Hmm have you made sure the disc ImgBurn burns works? Anyway answer theses and I'll get back with whatever information I can as soon as possible!

Thanks,
Kukag

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/24734-burning-fails-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm trying to get a Blender file(It's a rendering and 3d stuff) on that is an exe file but this keeps popping up

"There was an error burning this disc. The disc might no longer be usable."

Help?

A:Windows 7 DVD Burning Problems

Try a different brand of discs - most burners have particular brands that they just don't like.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-dvd-burning-problems.1046338/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a problem with the default CD-Burning Program that comes with windows. ( The one that looks like a regular folder where you put files in, then press write files to CD)
I have a file there there will not delete, It says that "Boot.img" is being used by another person or program. The only other account is turned off, and all programs that could be using it ( To my knowledge) are turned off. Finally I decided just to burn a CD with those files just to get rid of it.( Note: I am using Microsoft Windows XP SP2)

I got another problem when trying to do that!. Now Windows says that it is using the CD, and too try again later. No matter how long I try, it will not start.

Please, If you have an answer to any (Preferable both) of these questions, post them here.

A:Windows CD Burning Problem!

Try deleting it in Safe Mode first

How to Start in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
2. Before the windows logo you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode..

If that doesn't work try

moveOnboot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cd-burning-problem.588369/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everyone....
I will finally be going from Win XP to Windows 7. Does Windows 7 need DVD/CD burning software like Nero or Roxio or does Windows 7 have these built in?

than you

A:Does Windows 7 need DVD/CD burning software?

Windows 7 does have native CD/DVD burning ability.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Explorer

Many people prefer a third party program for added flexibility.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254561-does-windows-7-need-dvd-cd-burning-software.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I record TV programs with Windows Media centre and because of a codec problem in the past I now use windows DVD maker to burn these to DVD. When I play back the recorded Progs from the DVD about 15% of the bottom of the picture is missing (cuts off subtitles etc) no matter what equipment I play the DVD on. The recorded TV is OK if played directly from windows media centre on the PC. Can you help

http://www.vistax64.com/software/269422-burning-windows-dvd-maker.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Here is a screen shot i get when i double click a blank cd/dvd in the drive.

burn_disc.jpg   55.28KB
  11 downloads

I have been forced to make discs in option 1 and the discs do not act like usb drives, unless you have to format your usb drive each time you want to add/remove a file from it.

What exactly is windows doing to the discs because on CDRW's the 700mb disc gets reduced down to like 554 megs and other weird things.

A:Windows 7's CD Burning "wizard"

Are you saying that you can't see files on CDRW disk?
I'm not 100% sure what your question is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488440/windows-7s-cd-burning-wizard/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I am having endless trouble with Nero, It makes and CD audio skip and Dvd audio as well. Now I know it is not my burner as other programs work fine but I would like to fix it as I need a program to burn my AVI files onto DVD's and make menus etc etc.

Can anyone help with the problem or suggest an alternative to Nero

Cheers

A:DVD burning software windows

Uninstall then reinstall Nero via Add/Remove Programs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-burning-software-windows-100152.html
Relevancy 63.21%

hi i was just wondering if its possible to burn a windows xp boot disc, startup or setup disc and if so what are the nesscary steps to take

A:Burning A Windows Xp Disc

For the most part, all you need is software that can rip a disc.

That's pretty much it, besides having a burner and some blank discs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80562/burning-a-windows-xp-disc/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone,

I have a wmv file that I want to burn to a CD-R.

My question is, is there a way to also burn the windows media player onto the CD with the file so that the file automoatically plays in windows media player, in case the people I want to give it to don't have the player installed?

(I know you can package to CD in powerpoint so that powerpoint viewer is included on the CD etc - is there a way to do it or software which can do this?)

If not then I can just but a copy of the setup program on the disk which they can install if need be, but I don't know how high a level of computer literacy they have so I won't to make it as easy as possible if I can!

Thanks for any help!

A:Burning Windows Media Player to CD-R

If they have Windows, they have media player. Many programs will play wmv files (Like Winamp), so this shouldn't be an issue in any but the most extreme cases.
You could include a link to Medial Player, or download it (Or Winamp) and include the install files on the CD, but this would be serious overkill.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-windows-media-player-to-cd-r.634955/
Relevancy 62.78%

My aunt is giving me her laptop PC because she is going on a spiritual journey
and at the convent they will not allow her her own PC.

this computer has had problems, apparently when new it somehow got a "virus" or the OS was just bad,
so a computer expert freind of hers set up a new user account to bypass the bad one and it worked.

the computer a few years later got infected by "firesearch" adware, I deleted it with malwarebytes. (MSE will not work on this comp)

The thing is I want to do a new OS install and I cannot find the original disc. Can I use a 3rd party disc? is it cheaper to
do an OS re install myself or have an expert do it? the computer will NOT go into safemode. If you try it will BSOD.

Windos STOP 0000000EEEEEE An exception has occured 000000EEEE FATAL ERROR 00000EEEEE

A:Windows media Pre-burning Too slow!

But a Windows OS CD, boot to it, format, install. Then install all drivers beginning with the chipset driver. Then install a good anti virus app. Then go to Windows Update and install all updates (except for hardware / driver updates - never get them from Windows update). Then you're good to go.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406397/windows-media-pre-burning-too-slow/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi.

I've read somewhere that Windows DVD Maker on Vista Home Prem sometimes just for no reason doesn't burn anymore.

It's happened to me now.
I have been burning DVD's for months with no problems, made some great DVD's (love the menus etc).

Now, nothing, it encodes and gets to 99.9% and ejects the disc saying there was a problem.
I have changed the DVD speed to medium, using correct codecs that I've always used, and also using Verbatim DVD-R AND DVD+R's...
The driver is fine, checked it... it can burn MP3's and images to DVD using Media Player.

I just don't know what it wrong, I've wasted 15 blank DVD's now.
Tried to find some free DVD maker programmes but none I've come across are free, or dont have the cool menus etc that Windows DVD Maker has.

I also have enough free space, did a big cleanout as well, still no burning

Can someone help?

Thanks

- Geoff

A:Windows DVD Maker - Vista, not burning!

Try removing upper and lower filters in the registry. Click the Start button, in the search box type regedit and navigate to the following:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-
and delete both upper and lower filters. Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-dvd-maker-vista-not-burning-261890.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i downloaded songs from walmart using wmp and the song sounds ok on the program but after it copies to the cdr it skips and it records at a very low volume level.how can i fix this?also is there a way to covert these wmp. files to a mp3. or wav. file so i can use my cdr program instead of wmp.thanks

A:burning cd from windows media player??

wav files are 4x the size of wmp files.

can your cdr app convert?

you may need 3rd party ripping sw.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cd-from-windows-media-player.386861/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have windows 2000. I use nero to burn my cd's.

When burning cd's i'm getting the following errors --
command sequence error - could not perform fixation

Attached is the error log.

What could be the problem?

Relevancy 62.78%

I have Windows 7 here but the .iso is 3.74GB and my disks are only 700MB.

Is there a way to burn Windows 7 to multiple disks? So it would be installing and ask for disk 2, 3 and so on? I bought a pack of 10 so the amount of disks isn't an issue.

The disks are CD-R 700MB.

A:Burning Windows 7 onto multiple disks

Burn Windows to a DVD it will only take one. 4.7 GB

Read #2 in this Tutorial by Greg.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299592-burning-windows-7-onto-multiple-disks.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hiya

Thought about the XP forum, but then most CD burning questions are asked in here, so I'll pop it in here.

This update addresses several CD Burning issues that are discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q309691 and Q320174. Download now to prevent problems with CD Burning

System Requirements

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Operating System - Windows XP

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=37763&area=search&ordinal=2

This is the KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q320174&
Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-patch-cd-burning-update-apr-4.75288/
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm working on upgrading my computer to windows 7. I'm able to squeeze everything in my easy transfer into a few gigs. I want to be-able to burn to a dvd because I don't have a flash drive big enough.

Can I use the application to burn it to a dvd, or save it to my HD and then burn it to a dvd?

A:Windows Easy Transfer (burning to a dvd)

www.imgburn.com

Just drag, drop, and burn.... Simple and Free...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-easy-transfer-burning-to-a-dvd.876123/
Relevancy 62.78%

I enjoy listening to international internet radio. Am taking a X-country trip and would love to burn some for the road.
Is it possible to record Windows media audio preferably to mp3, preferably free

Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

gb Ram Athlon ATI Radeeon Grafics card etc Vista Home PremiumHi guys Must say I am not impressed Updates. In Burning Explorer Windows & with Vista Had nothing but problems since I upgraded from XP My main two bug bears at the moment You open a windows directory in the top toolbar is a button marked BURN I click mine It depresses but nothing happens No dialog box I can burn photos etc using the windows media player The drive is there and its been recognised I have spent ages fixing and tweeking and trying to upgrade so there is no way I want to do a system restore right back to the begining again Any ideas as to what is wrong How can I fix it I am just as much problems with updates I have tried up dating the Burning In Windows Explorer & Updates. lot and it comes back failed when Burning In Windows Explorer & Updates. I look at update history I am updating at a time at the moment some work some dont arrrrrrrhhhhhhh so annoying to spend quarter of an hour waiting for an update to find its not worked Below are just some of the that I have tried and failed with -Update for Windows Vista KB Update for Windows Media Format SDK for Windows Vista KB Installation date Installation status FailedError details Code Update type ImportantInstall this update to resolve a Burning In Windows Explorer & Updates. metering issue with the Microsoft Windows Media Format SDK After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft comInstallation date Installation status FailedError details Code Update type RecommendedThis update resolves some compatibility and reliability issues in Windows Vista By applying this update you can achieve better reliability and hardware compatibility in various scenarios After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft comUpdate for Windows Vista KB Installation date Installation status FailedError details Code Update type RecommendedThis update resolves some compatibility and reliability issues in Windows Vista By applying this update you can achieve better reliability and hardware compatibility in various scenarios After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft comHope you guys can help

A:Burning In Windows Explorer & Updates.

Well after working on it all day, its raining so its either that or working on the car, I managed to install all the updates. I did them one at a time (took forever) and did them oldest first. If it did not work I left it and came back to it in the end. I had two puzzels left. One update said it had loaded succesfully in history, yet it was still listed as a potential update??The other I ended up downloading it as a package and ran it from my computer. I get a message saying there is not enough storage space to install this update????????? Dont get it myself. (still no burn button working, though working on it)Update for Windows Media Format 11 SDK for Windows Vista (KB929399)Installation date: ‎01/‎12/‎2007 20:06Installation status: FailedError details: Code 80070002Update type: ImportantInstall this update to resolve a metering issue with the Microsoft Windows Media Format 11 SDK. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.More information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929399Help and Support: http://support.microsoft.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119141/burning-in-windows-explorer-updates/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all!!
Newbie here, first post so be gentle folks.
Right moving on.
Since the recent mega update, The way the windows handles blank DVD disc has changed?
As soon as I insert the blank disc, the windows wants to format it !! Before you could drag and drop files in the window which appeared on inserting the disc and then you clicked the"manage" button and burn it.
Now blank DVD get formatted and start to burn the file immediately.
Any way to change this behaviour apart from pressing CTRL button which does stop it from doing anything.
Appreciate some help.
Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/59918-dvd-burning-windows-10-built-1607-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a playlist that plays perfectly.  When I burn it the video hesitates and the player states not responding.  I tried changing the speed but no help.  What else could I try? Actually using windows 7 not 8.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44b4980a-b423-4b91-825a-25248be2df1d/burning-dvd-with-windows-media-player?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 62.78%

i am looking for any freeware dvd cd writing software any suggestions

A:Best freeware DVD/CD burning software for Windows 7 64-bit

Have tried most free programs for burning discs, trust this one more than most;~
http://codecpack.co/download/True_Burner.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-freeware-dvd-cd-burning-software-for-windows-7-64-bit.171654/
Relevancy 62.78%

I run Windows XP Service pack with Nero OEM Version and when I burn a DVD the burner goes through the burning process and says the disc was created successfully this is with both Nero and DVD Shrink and then when I put the disc in my computer it says the disc is blank and when I put it into a DVD player it says disc error Then when I put the disc in the computer and use Nero s Disc Info tool it usually says something along the lines of DVD Session Session MB Track KB Data It doesn t always say this exacly the size of the data usually varies I have contacted Nero about this and they can t seem to figure out the problem But like I said it doesn t always do this Some disc s are created successfully but it seems more often then not I have this problem I never burn in simulation mode so I know that can t be the problem I was thinking that some DVD s may have DVD problems/ Nero 6.0/ Burning Windows XP certain copyright protection that may be causing it but I don t see how because if DVD Burning problems/ Nero 6.0/ Windows XP a disc is copy-right protected the Nero software would just say so and not make me waste a disc to find out If anyone has had similar problems or can help DVD Burning problems/ Nero 6.0/ Windows XP me out with this I would be FOREVER GREATFUL to you Thanks for your time Christy nbsp

A:DVD Burning problems/ Nero 6.0/ Windows XP

ok what you need to do is download the patch from nero http://www.nero.com and what kind of media are you using? and also can you tell me what the drive is? if you use cheap dvd's then you will get cheap results! is the DVD copy-protected? because it won't copy it succesfully if it is copy protected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-problems-nero-6-0-windows-xp.36781/
Relevancy 62.78%

Solved After installing Intel RAID Rapid Storage driverson both my computers which have SATA hard drives and burners then Nero and all ran flawlessly on Vista and Windows RAID Rapid Storage provides improved performanace and reliability for systems equipped with SATA discs for desktop mobile and server platforms I have recently installed Nero Burning ROM on my Windows Ultimate bit OS and have 7 with conflict Windows Nero Burning ROM 11 noticed an inconsistency which I hope someone may Nero Burning ROM 11 conflict with Windows 7 be able to shed some light on If I try to burn a data multi-session disc in ISO joliet format using write only -R Nero Burning ROM 11 conflict with Windows 7 DVD disks the burn fails and the disk becomes Nero Burning ROM 11 conflict with Windows 7 un-useable This happens whether Windows burning software is turned on or off Nero displays the following error message However if I burn exactly the same data multi-session disc using a rewriteable RW DVD disk it successfully burns every time At first glance it would seem to indicate that the write only disks are incompatible but not so Once a session has been successfully burnt using the rewriteable RW discs then any further sessions where the write only R disks are used burn perfectly every time However if the PC is turned off completely and rebooted any burns done with the write only R disks will fail unless a preliminary burn is first done using rewriteable RW disks This means it is a necessary prerequisite to burn a data session using a rewriteable DVD before a successful session can be burnt on a write only disk It seems to have something to do with a memory being stored for the optical drive as shown by the following scenario First a rewriteable RW DVD disk is formatted in UDF using Windows burning software so it acts like a flash drive After burning data to the disc the PC is logged off and then back on When the computer logs on the following error message comes up as shown below This seems to indicate that some memory item has been saved or a program has not shut down properly Now consider the scenario where A UDF disk has been formatted and data burnt onto it but the PC has not been logged off and on again Now a second session is run using Nero to successfully burn a multi-session data disk using a rewriteable RW DVD disc in ISO Joliet format When the PC is now logged off and back on again the error message does not appear This implies that the erroneous memory has been wiped out by running the Nero program to burn the last data disc But like before this will only work if the latter session is run using a RW rewriteable DVD If a R write only disk is used before the session is run with the RW rewriteable disk the -R write only disc will be ruined I d be very grateful for any help anyone can offer on this issue

A:Nero Burning ROM 11 conflict with Windows 7

I had a similar problem a while back with burning DVD-R. And, I was also using Nero -- but it was version 9.x.

Turns out that the DVD burner actually wasn't able to burn DVD-R. I swapped in a different burner (they cost $20 those days) and was able to burn DVD-R just fine. The specs on the burner didn't say that it could NOT handle DVD-R, that was just what happened. The burner was a rebranded Optiarc (I think this is Sony).

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/201512-nero-burning-rom-11-conflict-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Wy wife is a graduate student at LSU and we have access to all computer programs designed by microsoft for free. My question is what type of CD must I use to download the program and later load on my computer.
Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

I am planning to edit a film I am working on with Windows Movie Maker. I am using windows me obviously.

I was told by a fella who is quite fimiliar with WMM to do the following-

Here is an excerpt from his e-mail:

"Make sure that you save your edited movies in a
higher-quality format, so the video still looks good when it is
re-compressed to MPEG format on DVD. With Movie Maker, you can export in
Windows Media format, which is compressed to smaller sizes -- just make
sure you choose a higher-quality option. Or you can export in DV format,
which works well but takes more disc space."

O.k. so here is my question. How do I "Save my edited movies in a higher-quality format, so the video still looks good when it is re-compressed to mpeg format on dvd?"

How do I do that?

Richfrog

A:Windows movie maker and dvd burning.

Richfrog said:

I am planning to edit a film I am working on with Windows Movie Maker. I am using windows me obviously.

I was told by a fella who is quite fimiliar with WMM to do the following-

Here is an excerpt from his e-mail:

"Make sure that you save your edited movies in a
higher-quality format, so the video still looks good when it is
re-compressed to MPEG format on DVD. With Movie Maker, you can export in
Windows Media format, which is compressed to smaller sizes -- just make
sure you choose a higher-quality option. Or you can export in DV format,
which works well but takes more disc space."

O.k. so here is my question. How do I "Save my edited movies in a higher-quality format, so the video still looks good when it is re-compressed to mpeg format on dvd?"

How do I do that?

RichfrogClick to expand...

The short answer to that is save them as AVI files. I don't know how you are going to get the film on the computer, but if you are using a digital camcorder, chances are it will be DV AVI, which is compressed to about 1/4th of the window standard AVI. So you want to output in the same format as you captured or less compressed. In other words, there is no reason to use regulard AVI if the input is DV AVI because you can't get back quality using a less compressed format. But DV AVI is very good quality and is used by most of the newer digital camcorders.

Your friend has given you good advice. The more you compress, the more you lose quality. I don't use WMV, but there is likely a choice to output in AVI format or DV AVI. Use either of those choices and then use a good MPEG encoder to put the movie on DVD. See my thread on this topic at the top of this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-movie-maker-and-dvd-burning.259456/
Relevancy 62.78%

Following is a quote from MrGerber in Doom9's Forum>General>Decrypting. This is the last post in thread referring to first post, Decrypting FAQs, #9. Phrases in bold are mine. "I recommend you try the ?Workaround? suggestion they provide, which requires uninstalling the IDE device driver. The driver should automatically reinstall after rebooting with a fresh start (reset) having forgotten about the accumulated I/O errors that triggered the bug. After that, you will probably need to use the Windows Device Manager Utility make sure DMA is selected for the transfer mode as suggested in Instruction #9. This procedure worked for my Windows 2000 PC."1) How do I uninstall the device driver?2) How do I reboot with afresh start? Just restart or?3) How do I locate the WDMU and make sure the DMA is selected for transfer mode?Posting here rather than Doom9's Forum because no other members were around at the time...<EOM>

A:Workaround For Slow Burning In Windows Xp

All of this can be done through the device manager.

Start > right click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager

Click on the "+" sign next to IDE channels (or some listing similar) to expand it. Right clicking on an item will allow you to uninstall it. Then restart the computer and Windows should reinstall the item.

Or, double click on the particular channel the problem is with. Under "Drivers" you will have options to roll back the driver or uninstall the driver etc. Under "Advanced" you can change the transfer mode (usually slow PIO mode, or faster DMA mode).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46278/workaround-for-slow-burning-in-windows-xp/
Relevancy 62.78%

My Windows XP computer reads CD's and DVD's.  When I try to burn either with any burner program, the computer crashes and I have to reboot.  I have replaced the CD player to no avail.  I have messed with possible Nero issues and software issues to no avail.  Any ideas?  I do know what I'm doing.

Peter

A:CD or DVD burning on Windows XP crashes computer

Right click the DVD burner in My Computer, select properties and under the Recording tab uncheck enable CD recording on this device if it is checked. If it is already unchecked do you have the Nero install CD in case you need to reinstall it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529856/cd-or-dvd-burning-on-windows-xp-crashes-computer/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, I was wondering how to backup and burn a copy of all the drivers for win 7. I dont have the software with the drivers on..
Just wondering if its possilbe to make a copy of them on to a cd and how to do it..??
Thanks for your time..
Virginia

A:Burning a copy of driver for Windows 7

Virginia71

Welcome to Tech Support Guy
There are a number of ways to do this
All of them are relatively simple, but none of them are completely and absolutely guaranteed to reinstall the driver and for everything to work perfectly

1. Although NOT the direct answer to your question the first and most important aspect to Windows 7 is that you must, if you value, what you have installed at this time, as against what was installed, when the computer was first sold. (If it has a recovery partition, on the hard drive, or a reinstallation DVD.)

Create a system image and a repair disc
The system image should be on an external drive
It should not be stored on a flash drive, they were never meant for safe storage
If what you have is vital, then you should have two separate backups on two independant sources.
An external drive can fail just like an internal one

That system image as it is AN IMAGE will include all your drivers and everything will be returned to as is, if you have the misfortune to suffer an error from which recovery is not possible, other than a reinstallation - or of course a hard drive failure.

To do that you go Control Panel - backup and restore and on left pane are system image and repair disc
I do not know your level of knowledge, so do not be insulted but I can assure you that many people have regretted the day when they did NOT have a complete system image AND on Windiows 7 it is so easy

2. Now to your actual question
YOU can easily backup the drivers, or relatively so, but then it is not as simple to reinstall them, as of course a driver file when it is installed, places entries in the registry and other locations throughout the file system

Have a look at this whilst I sign off for evening meal and I will complete the post in about 90 minutes
http://www.ghacks.net/2011/09/26/backing-up-and-restoring-windows-drivers/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-copy-of-driver-for-windows-7.1078958/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have got major problems with burning any sort of DVD I have tried about or different burning on when please. 7. Problems Suggestions anything windows programs including Quote Nero Nero Nero CD burner XP DVD fab free NTI media maker came with my laptop I have tried every single suggestion that I can find online this includes editing my registry to delete a certain file right through to Problems when burning anything on windows 7. Suggestions please. a clean install Every single time I try to burn the programs are indicating to me that the media I am trying to use is faulty I am certain this is not the case because I can burn perfectly on another computer with the media that is apparently faulty on this computer and I have also tried different batches and brands of media Nothing has been successful The only other option I have left is to try and update my firmware for my DVD drive which i am unable to find anywhere online The make and model of my drive are as follows if this helps anyone help me diagnose the problem Quote Matshita UJ AS At this moment in time i am willing to try anything to be able to get this drive to work P S I have had this problem previously with the drive and it suddenly just started working I went to burn some media around days ago and it would just constantly fail Sorry for not having any logs at all I have installed and removed so much software I did not keep any of the burn fail logs but they all told me the same thing was wrong the media is faulty

A:Problems when burning anything on windows 7. Suggestions please.

Quote: Originally Posted by scoobyd00

I have got major problems with burning any sort of DVD, I have tried about 8 or 9 different programs including

Quote:
Nero 7
Nero 8
Nero 12
CD burner XP
DVD fab (free)
NTI media maker (came with my laptop)

I have tried every single suggestion that I can find online, this includes editing my registry to delete a certain file right through to a clean install. Every single time I try to burn the programs are indicating to me that the media I am trying to use is faulty. I am 100% certain this is not the case because I can burn perfectly on another computer with the media that is apparently faulty on this computer and I have also tried different batches and brands of media. Nothing has been successful.

The only other option I have left is to try and update my firmware for my DVD drive, which i am unable to find anywhere online.

The make and model of my drive are as follows if this helps anyone help me diagnose the problem.

Quote:
Matshita UJ890AS

At this moment in time i am willing to try anything to be able to get this drive to work.

P.S I have had this problem previously with the drive and it suddenly just started working. I went to burn some media around 2 days ago and it would just constantly fail. Sorry for not having any logs at all. I have installed and removed so much software I did not keep any of the burn fail logs but they all told me the same thing was wrong (the media is faulty)

After all you have done I would suspect the burner is faulty. Can you play DVD's OK? Do dual layer (DVD9) freeze at the layer change? These drives do go bad and are easily replaced and relatively inexpensively if you do it yourself in desktop computers, laptops not so much.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264821-problems-when-burning-anything-windows-7-suggestions-please.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Without using any Nero or file burning software, can Windows XP itself supports simple file copying to disc. Not that I know of, but i have a user who can do these.

1. select a file, right click and press SEND TO the burner
2. simply copy and paste the file to the burner
3. reopen a file on a disc, edit it, and then can save it back onto the disc.

Strange, anyone welcome to comment. Thanks.

Relevancy 62.78%

I have 10 songs I went to burn to a CD. It converted all but 2 of them. And when I play the CD the only songs that show up to play, are the 2 that skipped the CONVERTING part. Any way to fix this? Thanks!

Relevancy 62.78%

I am having the same problem. Did you get an answer to yours? HELP!! I cannot transfer data to a DVD burner using drag and drop or Nero!!

A:Trouble burning DVD in Windows XP with nero

try adding by the add butto in the nero box in nero express

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-burning-dvd-in-windows-xp-with-nero-313731.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I can't seem to find out how to burn a dvd on movie maker in dvd format. Every time I have burnt it , it only plays on the computer and I want it to play in a DVD Player. And I can't seem to figure out what to do. I have used DVD+R and DVD-R writeables and like I said it only plays on the computer. Somebody please help me with this.

A:Burning DVD off of Windows Movie Maker

hello
did your dvd player ever worked with burned disks?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-dvd-off-of-windows-movie-maker-54088.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Guys I am a beginning CD Burner user who recently switched from Windows to Windows XP The Roxio CD burning software that came with my Dell was a nightmare Not only did it not burn properly it corrupted two Office files of RELIABLE CD For Software XP Burning Windows Need mine The program has since been uninstalled I than tried installing Need RELIABLE CD Burning Software For Windows XP my Roxio CD-Creator program and got a bunch of quot this Need RELIABLE CD Burning Software For Windows XP program may make your drive unstable quot and other annoying pop-up messages There was an update for the program to make the software more stable with XP but that didn t work for me either Couldn t find the info that they wanted to get the update to install A check of product reviews from www amazon com for Roxio products suggests that this company s software that worked so well with Windows has turned into a joke with Windows XP Need RELIABLE CD Burning Software For Windows XP Go to Amazon s site and check out some of the horrible reviews for some of the Roxio products My version was Roxio CD Creator It turns out that the cost for an upgrade is about However hearing bad things about Roxio s compatibility problems with XP as well as non-existent tech support makes me want to stay away from them What do you think of Nero CD Burning software for XP I want something that is going to be easy and simple to use that isn t going to cost an arm and a leg All that I am going to be burning are back ups of Office Quicken files Right now I am using floppies for back up until I get a good software package I would prefer actually buying a package as opposed to doing a download of the package just to get the quot full-blown version quot of it What companies are out there that are good with XP Cost-wise I would like to keep the program at about - max What do you guys use and recommend Thanks Jack nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Can anyone send me an email or something i'm not getting how to do this? i have media player but can't make it wiork i just want to burn music to a cd. ,,,,,don't own the new stuff mp3s i pods etc can you help me thank you for anything i did it this way a few years ago what happened . did i fall off the edge of the earth?/ bob s

A:[SOLVED] burning music. windows xp

CDburnxp Download and install. Allows you to burn audio cd's. I recommend burning at around 24X

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-burning-music-windows-xp-637572.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i burn my "playlists" on regular audio cds, but when I introduce the cd back on the computer the name of the cd (the playlist where it came from) doesn't appear, instead the date when the cd was burned, can I change that from windows media player?? I want to be able to put the name to each cd that is displayed when playing on the computer, could someone tell me if it's possible and/or how?? Thanks

A:cd burning on windows media player

If you are talking about it saying the name at the bottom while it's playing in Windows media. Just before you click burn look at the top of your "play list" it should say Burn Disc. Click on it and Rename it what you like then click burn at the bottom.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-on-windows-media-player-170441.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Any free CD & DVD burning software for Windows 7? Need a free software to back up digital images and mp3 files. Is Roxio Burn any good? any other recommendations?

A:Any Free CD & DVD burning software for Windows 7?

I use ImgBurn and am quite happy with it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552911/any-free-cd-dvd-burning-software-for-windows-7/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have been using Windows Media Player for burning CDs and so far it seems to be going fine.

Do you think WMP is a good CD burner or do you preffer another?

changintimes

Relevancy 62.78%

I am having problems burning cd's on a new computer running windows vista. When I try to copy a disc my computer spits out the rw cd and says please insert writable disc into disc drive, it wont read the disc or something, I am not sure. I really do not know what to look for at all. Also, I have some programs that I have put on the computer and have used without any problems, until the other day I went to play a game and it wouldn't load, and the computer said please install the program, even though I had played it the day before. I tried to install it again and it just spits the disc out. I have no clue what to do, any help is great. Thanks in advance for everybody's help!

A:Having trouble burning cd on windows vista.

uninstall the upper and lower filters
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;320553#

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/having-trouble-burning-cd-on-windows-vista-165861.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am a newbie, any help would be appreciated.

A:What is the best DVD Burning Software to work with Windows XP?

Hi Ladies Man74 and welcome to TSF !

I'm a big fan of ImgBurn (and it's a freeware) :
http://www.imgburn.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-is-the-best-dvd-burning-software-to-work-with-windows-xp-327425.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Vista's movie maker allows direct burning of dvds...

Will windows 7 movie maker still provide dvd burning support?

Currently the beta does not...

I HOPE IT DOES!!!! : (

Relevancy 62.78%

Allright So I am having problems with my DVD Drives They're both LG GMA- N ATA Drives And when i first installed Windows I had problems burning discs But I figured out how to fix it Now for the life of me I can't figure out what I did to take care of it I 7 Problems discs Burning windows with seem to be able to burn DVD-R Discs just fine but anything else like CD's or CDRW's I can't burn with anything When I go to burn My computers will either say that they burned the disc and not burn anything or the computers will just eject the disc immediately and give me an error code xC AA and say Problems Burning discs with windows 7 they could not write to device I have two seperate systems doing the Problems Burning discs with windows 7 same thing Have checked drivers registry entries and yet I can't figure out what I did the first time I had the problem to try it again I really have to figure this out though I have an old dell laptop with a messed up HD and I Problems Burning discs with windows 7 need to reinstall windows XP for it and all I have is an ISO of my system disc to work with I need to fix this and get that ISO on disc

A:Problems Burning discs with windows 7

Hey Joel Can't find the firmware update for my drive. I've got a PIONEER DVDRW K17B. Can you help me? All I want to know is if the cd burner works fine and I have a driver/firmware problem or if I should get a new one? Is there any app to test the CD DRIVE? Thanks Nicolas 
You have tried googling "drive model firmware upgrade"? Did you check Pioneer's website for a firmware upgrade? If you have the Nero burning suite, you have CD drive test apps already installed. If not, google the apps and see you can find standalone versions of them. Since the OS I'm in right now does not have Nero, I am going off of memory on this... There is Nero InfoTool, Drive Speed, CD Speed, see if any of those help with the burning process. You can also try the error-checking features built into ImgBurn (imgburn.com ), to see if the drive burns correctly.Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back, promptly if possible with its results...Click here for my thread on Win7 min. system requirements
- JoelbX

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b6348eac-ad6b-4760-95b6-3cd91d0a2f4a/problems-burning-discs-with-windows-7?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 62.78%

I just upgraded from ME to XP. I tried to download an old version of Adaptec burning software that came with my computer which was run by ME (I believe the version was 4.1). I now know it wont run with XP and I went thru the uninstall process but, now, everytime I turn my computer on I get this annoying message that says Windows has found a driver that has been disabled because it is a threat to the XP system. How do I find out which driver it is and how do I get rid of it so I dont get the message anymore, even though the driver is disabled?

Thanks

A:Windows XP and Adaptec cd burning driver

Hi,

If I were you, I would go into device manager and delete all references to the CDRom and reboot. When it finds the new hardware and loads, then load the newest and best drivers for the OS that you have.

My advice is always to download the greatest and newest drivers that are on the website of the manufacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-and-adaptec-cd-burning-driver.302489/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am trying to burn CD's on Windows Media Player 11 but I keep getting a message telling me to insert a CD when there is already one in the drive.
If I take the CD out and put it in again nothing happens, if I press 'burn' I get the same message again. Any ideas??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds-on-windows-media-player-help.797409/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello. I have downloaded the beta Windows 7 RC to my desktop attempting to burn to DVD doing something wrong get message DVD does not have sufficient memory. Can someone teach me how to burn Windows 7 RC to a DVD. I am running XP Pro Media Player burning software is Nero 6 Express. Thank you. Xandr

A:Burning Windows 7 RC beta to ISO DVD disk

using a new dvd?
try this its free and easy as can be
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-windows-7-rc-beta-to-iso-dvd-disk.827200/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello!

Ref: New computer built by my Computer Guy
Windows Vista Home Basics
Windows Movie Maker
2.1 File System Format (i think)

I recently transferred pic/movies from my camcorder to my computer via Windows Movie Maker. I then tried to tranfer them to a DVD and couldn't so I used a CD. It worked. I can view the CD on my computer but it can't be viewed on other devices.
I've tried to research and all I can find it that I might possibly need Live File System 2.5 and don't know where to get it.
All I know is that I want to be able to burn pics and movies to DVDs or CDs and have the capability to view them on most any other device I want. Am I dreaming?
Can you help please?

Thanks,
Putergal