Windows Support Forum

Laptop wont turn on anymore

Q: Laptop wont turn on anymore

My Asus Q550LF crapped out on me. I was browsing when a whole bunch of black rectangles appeared on my screen, about an inch long. I restarted my computer thinking it just froze or something. I could occasionally get to the desktop page if I unplugged the charger but now it doesn't even turn on. It'll make one beep when I push the power button but that's it. What might the issue be and is it gonna be expensive? Because this computer has been one of the worst I have ever owned and I would just scrap it or something if it might end up being costly.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop wont turn on anymore

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop wont turn on anymore

How old is it? It sounds like it could be a multiple of hardware failures including the motherboard. The black rectangles sounds like what we call video card artifacting which means the video card is dying. But the fact that it is not even booting up could point to a failed hard drive. Again, it could be anything.

Asus is known for poor customer service but you could try giving them a call.

Do you know anyone who can do some diagnostics on it? I certainly would be checking out the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-anymore.214221/
Relevancy 72.67%

Just recently,within the last couple days, my screen saver has decided not to work. It has always worked without any problem before, and im not sure why it decided to stop.

I've checked everything that i know with my knowledge, but it seems fine.

A couple possibilities are that when i did a google search on this problem, i found a post saying something about editing the screen saver file in C:\WINDOWS, but i notice that i dont have that file.

I dont know if the file was always never there, or maybe it was deleted somehow.

Another possibility is that there is a program running in the background, but i dont think that is the case because its the same programs running when it worked before.

Thanks in Advance

A:Screen Saver wont turn on anymore

Well it might be a dumb suggestion, but if you don't have the "screensaver file" (whatever THAT is) where it's supposed to be, maybe that's why it's not working.

So then MAKE one, maybe.

Post a link to the site that talks about the screensaver file and maybe we can make you one to fix it. Or something.

Have you gone to the XP setting from Desktop>Properties ? It has a timer on it so it starts after a certain amount of inactivity. Did this change ?

Can you do the "Preview" ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-saver-wont-turn-on-anymore-411480.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 wont turn on.
What happened was that it was connected to a power strip. While moving equipment around, the Power Strip fell out of the wall and well, when it was plugged back in. It just wont turn on.
It used to turn on automatically when connected with a red light, but now its just unresponsive.
What do you think could have happened? Is it fixable? Its been under a year as well, do you think I should contact Hauppage

A:My External TV Tuner wont turn on anymore ..

Does it plug in using a transformer

does other things plug into that power strip work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-external-tv-tuner-wont-turn-on-anymore.544990/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi everyone i have a yearold packardbell imedia this is my specs Processor Processor-clockspeed MHz Processor Intel Pentium - GHz HT Processorfamiliy Intel Pentium Processor systembus MHz Intern memory MB Interne memory KB MB Maximum geheugen grafische turn imedia wont 7020 packardbell anymore on adapter MB Videocard ATI RADEON SE TV out So anyway up untill a few days ago everything was packardbell imedia 7020 wont turn on anymore fine i had xp pro and upgraded to vista ultimate have had that for weeks and then i got the blue screen a few times and the computer shut down and micosofts problem finding program was unable to find a solution anyway i carried on using him as normal until yesterday morning i wanted to power him up and as i turned the computer on the leds did not come on on the front of packardbell imedia 7020 wont turn on anymore the pc only the fan from the cpu so windows does not load at all i have tried another psu but still the same the motherbord is an Gigabyte GA- S FXM Many thanks in advance Adam Bailey nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Ok, so due to me being unfathomably stupid I made the unconnected end of a usb cord connected to my pc accidentally hit a radiator. Note that the PC was running. Right now, when I press the power button, nothing happens at all, it's like I didn't press it.

So, what is 100% dead? My PSU? I need to know what the first new part is that ill need to order and if a complete lack of response upon hitting the power button means "you killed your psu" then a psu I the first thing Ill be ordering.

A:USB-Radiator contact -> PC Wont turn on anymore. Did I kill everything?

Unless some metal part of the radiator actually got inside the Usb connector I doubt just touching it would cause this. What exactly happened to the PC, did it just turn off by itself or what ?

Is it the computer under the computer icon by your forum name ?

EDIT : What country are you in ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-radiator-contact-pc-wont-turn-on-anymore-did-i-kill-everything.1122026/
Relevancy 69.23%

I really don't know what to do and I'm not at all familiar with computer language and children and my I help, laptop turn Please on can't anymore! grandchildren are too far to help I have had my toshiba for almost years and a month ago my hard drive died I brought it to a shop where they managed to save my data and put it on a quot new quot second hand hard drive When I got my laptop back from them I didn't have vista anymore but windows During the last week my laptop has started to Please help, I can't turn my laptop on anymore! take longer and longer to start up But now what I get is this - if I try to start windows normally it takes about mins to bring me to the password page Once the password in I'm stuck with a black screen arrow in the middle and nothing else for hours - each time I try to turn it on I get the option to launch start up repair It gets just worst Once the files uploaded I stay stuck on a totally black screen for about mins or more then I got the welcome screen and an arrow but it doesn't ask me the password It's been stuck there for the last hours - yesterday I managed to turn it on after an interminable wait but then everything was either incredibly slow or simply not working Today it simply looks dead and I'm myself desperate I really want and need it to work now I will be so grateful for your advises but please bear with me when it comes to using computerised language As I said before I'm am a novice Thanks you all looking forward to reading you

A:Please help, I can't turn my laptop on anymore!

Hi Dee1Sis, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please notice the below is just my personal opinion, based on my own experiences with various laptops. Other members might give you other advice, this is what I think.

Almost four years is a long time for a basic laptop. Although there are plenty of laptops working fine after several years, when they start to fail it can be a never ending story. The hard drive is often the first to fail. In your case it sounds as if not only the HDD was broken but also the so called disk controller, the part of the motherboard that takes care of the communications between CPU (processor) and disk drives.

As the replacement parts & work needed for laptops can cost quite a lot, my recommendation is to let your Toshiba to retire and get a new laptop.

If you get your laptop up and running, I would like to ask you to run two built-in Windows 7 tools to try to repair as much as possible. First run Check Disk (chkdsk) as told in this tutorial step 8: Disk Check.

When done, run System File Checker (sfc) with Scannow option as told in this tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/245419-please-help-i-cant-turn-my-laptop-anymore.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all I have an HP Pavilion dv or DV as HP refers it to and it won t turn on anymore My system has gigs of RAM and is an AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz I was originally using Windows Vista -bit Home Premium System Pack what it came with the system and I had upgraded to Vista -bit I am not sure if my problem was caused by my upgrade of Vista or my system being too warm as I have been using it a lot anymore, turn DV6810 laptop HP help on won't please and it has been HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help getting hot and making loud noises but after I upgraded to the -bit Windows HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help Vista Home Premium System Pack I was then going to the upgrade directly from the Windows to the Vista Ultimate which I had purchased earlier and not got around to update any of it with my schedule and after I HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help did this it asked for me to restart my computer and as soon as I did poof It shut off and won t turn back on I read up on this online I took out the battery and adapter completely and clicked on the quot on quot or power button for seconds then put the battery back in and plugged it to no avail I then took out the RAM cards a -gig one and a -gig one to try to reset it still nothing I called HP tech support and they told me to reset the harddrive and how to do it and still same thing Everything is completely blank and my computer and nothing on it turns on does anyone know what it can be I have an identical computer I am using but I need that one to work and this is driving me crazy HP wants me to send it back to them but is there anything I can do to possibly fix this myself Thanks again in advance and I appreciate all of your help regarding this matter thanks again and hopefully I can fix this nbsp

A:HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help

your power pack is probably burnt out. also this should be in the laptop forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv6810-laptop-wont-turn-on-anymore-please-help.127983/
Relevancy 68.8%

Dear techs I anymore virus? of won't Laptop because turn on have an big Laptop won't turn on anymore because of virus? issue Yesterday night I decided to download another Suits episode torrent from TPB on my new laptop The torrent had alot of seeders and so I thought it was safe After installing the torrent and trying to play the file with VLC it gave me some error which is very unusual so I decided to open the ReadMe file which was also downloaded The readme file was telling me to open the file with Windows media player and that Windows media player will download an automatic codec which was missing apparently So stupid me decided to go for it and downloaded the divx codec After that everything went really bad Before I knew my whole laptop was infected Automatically opening apps No internet acces So I decided to download an anti-malware program to my usb from other pc and afterwards run it on my laptop After the program was scanning for like min my laptop shut down and till now I can't power it on When I press the power button The laptop goes on for sec and it goes back off then pressing it again will turn it on for - sec without showing anything on screen or making noise and it goes back off The only way I can get something on my screen is by pressing Power button D Doing that gives me some color show After the show it goes back off Help me I'm not really experienced with malware and I know it was not smart to download torrents at the end Some info The virus I got was this one http www myce com news -year-old-design-flaw-windows-media-player-still-abused-malware-distribution- and on the second screen you can see Download now Well stupid me pressed on that Laptop I've Latitude E i processor with gb ram and gb hdd What I've already tried Getting the battery out getting power cable out Holding power button for sec turning power cable back in pressing power button result nothing holding Fn power button result nothing holding mute button power button result nothing holding mute buttong Fn button power button result nothing holding windows logo B power button result nothing getting hdd out result nothing getting ram also out result nothing It somehow won't let me get into the bios to have a clean install The only thing I haven't done yet is getting the CMOS battery out http www dell com support article us en SLN en However doing this will get me losing the warranty which is until january I don't know if I should risk doing it because it's alot of work and putting everything back together will be tough Feel free to ask questions My english isn't that good unfortunately but I'll do my best to understand you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627119/laptop-wont-turn-on-anymore-because-of-virus/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all I have an HP Pavilion dv or DV as HP refers it to and it won't turn on anymore My system has gigs of RAM and is an AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz I was originally using Windows Vista -bit Home Premium System Pack what it came with the system and I had upgraded to Vista please turn on help! laptop HP :( anymore, won't My DV6810 -bit I am not sure if my problem was caused by my upgrade of Vista or my system being too warm as I have been using it a lot and it My HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help! :( has been getting hot and making loud noises but after I upgraded to the -bit Windows Vista Home Premium System Pack I was then going to the upgrade directly from the Windows to the Vista Ultimate which I had purchased earlier and not got around to update any of it with my schedule and after I did this it asked for me to restart my computer and as soon as I did poof It shut off and won't turn back on I read up on this online I took out the battery and adapter completely and clicked on the quot on quot or power button for seconds then put the battery back in and plugged it to no avail I then took out the RAM cards a -gig one and a -gig one to try to reset it still nothing I called HP tech support and they told me to reset the harddrive and how to do it and still same thing Everything is completely blank and my computer and nothing on it turns on does anyone know what it can be I have an identical computer I am using but I need that one to work and this is driving me crazy HP wants me to send it back to them but is there anything I can do to possibly fix this myself Thanks again in advance and I appreciate all of your help regarding this matter thanks again and hopefully I can fix this -sasss

A:My HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help! :(

Hi sasss,

I'm sorry to hear this. I don't think that it is anything to do with your upgrade. You did, however, state:

Originally Posted by xxsassxx31

...my system being too warm (as I have been using it a lot and it has been getting hot and making loud noises)...

Heat, or rather excessive heat, is the enemy of all computers, especially laptops. The component which generates the most heat is the CPU, and it is vital that this heat is drawn away sufficiently quickly enough to ensure that the heat does not become excessive. In a tower system, this is not too much of a problem as there is usually plenty of room to install a decent heatsink and fan assembly. With laptops, it is a different matter. The load placed on the fans within a laptop is quite high and if warm air is expelled then cool air needs to be drawn in (the main reason why you need to keep the vents clear). Unfortunately, dust particles are also drawn in and these can stick on the fan blades and bearings, preventing the fan from working efficiently. In some cases, this can lead to increased noise from the fan as the bearings start to fail, and in extreme cases it can cease to work altogether.
If this is indeed the case, it is possible that your CPU has fried, although some do have temperature sensors which automatically power everything down if a certain threshold is reached. When you restart a computer, everything effectively turns off and then immediately turns back on. It is at this point that electronic components can fail (just like when you switch on a lamp) due to the sudden change in temperature caused by current flowing through it. This rise in temperature can be quite rapid, and it is possible that your laptop is automatically shutting down even before the display starts to come on.
You might be lucky, though, and find that the noise has in fact been coming from your HDD. Remove it, and see if your laptop starts (don't worry about not being able to find an OS).
Here is a link to the main support page for your laptop series. Please note that there are a number listed, so select the appropriate one.
Product search results

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228595-my-hp-dv6810-laptop-wont-turn-anymore-please-help.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Help, I was trying to reset my system as it was feeling very bogged down, (keep in mind this was my first time doing this) so I went to updates and security and reset it and made sure anything vital would still be there. Then I come back and when I go to turn on my laptop there is nothing. I tried hard reseting it but it didn't respond at all. The charging led doesn't even come on anymore. Can anybody please help me? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-doesn-t-turn-on-anymore/td-p/5769179
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all I have an HP Pavilion dv or DV as HP refers it to and it won't turn on anymore My system has gigs of RAM and is an AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz I was originally using Windows Vista -bit Home Premium System Pack what it came with the system and I had upgraded to Vista -bit I am not sure if my problem was caused by my upgrade of Vista or my system being too warm as I have been using it a lot and it has been getting My on won't please :( help! HP DV6810 anymore, turn laptop hot and making loud noises but after I upgraded to the -bit My HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help! :( Windows Vista Home Premium System Pack I was then My HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help! :( going to the upgrade directly from the Windows to the Vista Ultimate which I had purchased earlier and not got around to update any of it with my schedule and after I did this it asked for me to restart my computer and as soon as I did poof It shut off and won't turn back on I read up on this online I took out the battery and adapter completely and clicked on the quot on quot or power button for seconds then put the battery back in and plugged it to no avail I then took out the RAM cards a -gig one and a -gig one to try to reset it still nothing I called HP tech support and they told me to reset the harddrive and how to do it and still same thing Everything is completely blank and my computer and nothing on it turns on does anyone know what it can be I have an identical computer I am using but I need that one to work and this is driving me crazy HP wants me to send it back to them but is there anything I can do to possibly fix this myself Thanks again in advance and I appreciate all of your help regarding this matter thanks again and hopefully I can fix this -sasss lt -- google ad section end -- gt

A:My HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help! :(

I'm not exactly positive, and I know HP Tech Support (phone) usually isn't that helpful, however it sounds like your motherboard may have failed, if its under warranty I would call them up and request them to send you a box to send it in for repairs (shipping should be covered under warranty).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228597-my-hp-dv6810-laptop-wont-turn-anymore-please-help.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I'm having a common issue I would say. Last time I used my laptop was this afternoon to watch a short clip on youtube, I turned it off right after and I remember it was at 17%, although I have the power button to shut down right away. A few hours ago, I decided to turn it and and surprised I noticed it didn't turn on. I tried to plug my A/C adapter to charge it a couple of minute but the lightning light didn't even show up. I've google'd around and found a way to hard reset it ( Remove the battery/adapter/ hold the power button 30 sec) no success still. I'm wondering if it's either the adapter or the battery is dead, as I don't have any spare of both right now is there a way to confirm it?

Thanks.

A:Laptop doesn't turn on/charge anymore

Hi

There's usually a small light on the power adaptor... is it on? If not, it's probably dead. Try another main lead.
If the light is on, remove the battery from the laptop and connect the power adaptor. Does the laptop turn on?
If not, try the reset again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/60456-laptop-doesnt-turn-charge-anymore.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Dear HP, My laptop will not turn on anymore. Nothing happens. I tried the hard reset, by unplugging everything. Also battery and power cord. pressed on/off button for 30 seconds. When I put in the power cord. The led next to it, is not burning. Dear HP, do you have a suggestion what I can do to fix this problem? With kind regards,Richard

A:Laptop wil not turn on anymore. Hard reset is not working

If the power jack LED is not on we can figure it may be the power supply. It might not be putting out power. Just about any electronics shop can test its power output. How old is the unit? Still under warranty?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-wil-not-turn-on-anymore-Hard-reset-is-not-working/td-p/5629650
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been using a laptop to stream videos through my xbox for over years until recently I setup a wireless network in the house to do this All was fine until days ago I use a Dell Inspiron with Windows I have a Dell Wireless Minicard a cisco router model Since my laptop was infected by Malware my network has not worked since I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti Malware to get rid of it and it appeared to work I got internet access back However I still cannot connect to my network visible in the Available Network list as normal or stream any media Windows Media Centre also has stopped opening and gives me the small box saying windows is checking for a solution then closes with nothing I can however open WMC if I right click and run as administrator I have disabled all other network adaptors only the Dell minicad is enabled and also tried disabling and enabling this main one with no effect All problems point to the fact that my laptop can no longer connect to the home network but I cant figure out why Another possibly unrelated problem is occuring at boot up where I get an error message saying Bluetooth Software License not found - Again this never happened before the Malware infection Can someone please help as laptop to connec wont anymore? Network this is driving me mad Thanks in advance laptop wont connec to Network anymore? nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connec-to-network-anymore.1005077/
Relevancy 64.93%

Went I load up the computer it said that ntldr is missing.

I cant load the computer anymore. Please help me someone.

A:My Laptop wont boot up anymore, I cant even REFORMAT it.

Take a look at this article HERE. It may help.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-boot-up-anymore-i-cant-even-reformat-it.56942/
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop has a cracked screen and all I did was change the max memory in the msconfig menu and reset it and now it says no signal on my TV Help Plz!

A:my laptop wont connect to my tv via hdmi anymore

Did you lose track of your original thread?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548000/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-my-tv-via-hdmi-anymore/
Relevancy 64.93%

Help! this is driving me nuts!!
My laptop connected wirelessly to the bt hub with no problems for weeks (I have Windows Vista)
then suddenly, I cannot get on the internet
I know the BT hub is not at fault (the pc works perfectly)
and my lapton SAYS I am connected
yet despite this I cannot get IE to load it says there is a connection problem
whatever I try doesnt work
I have tried system restore - that didnt help
I have tried clicking on repair but that hasnt helped
what else can I try to do to fix it???

A:why wont my wireless laptop connect to IE anymore??

hi dmcd,

It sounds like you may be having DNS issues (DNS is what turns network addresses in to friendly names like www.google.com).

Try these steps first to see if it is a dns issue.

1) Click START > RUN > cmd > OK
2) In the black screen that opens type this:
ping www.google.com and press enter
(it will either come back saying "Reply from...." or "request timed out...")
3) Now in the black screen type:
ping 216.239.59.103 and press enter.

If the first one came back as "Request Timed Out" but the second came back as "Reply From..." then it is a DNS issue. If not then post back and we will try something else.

However to try and resolve the DNS problem do this in the black screen we had open before.

ipconfig /release <enter>
ipconfig /renew <enter>
ipconfig /flushdns <enter>
ipconfig /register <enter>

some of those commands can take a little while to run through, so if it looks like it has hung, just be patient and wait a little longer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-wont-my-wireless-laptop-connect-to-ie-anymore.739592/
Relevancy 64.93%

I used to have a laptop connected with wireless (netgear WG511) through a router (D-link) to my main computer with the internet.

Yesterday I got a new laptop, upgrading from an IBM r40 to an r52, and was wondering how to get the wireless network working again. The r52 appears to have a wireless card built in, and can find networks, as it can find my neighbours one (but cant connect)

I tried installing the Netgear external wireless card, but that didnt do anything except make a new network connection, which also didnt work.

If there is any other information thats needed, please let me know cos I really dont have much idea at all...

Both computers run Windows XP

Cheers

Relevancy 64.93%

My Averatec N1000 laptop suddenly stopped access to networks. Ive tried everything I can think of. Dont know where "wireless radio switch" is if i even have one. Cant seem to even find any info in configuration on what to try. It says all of my devices are working properly as far as wireless devices, but at the same time says that there is no network connection.

A:My laptop wont read networks anymore

Is this your machine? Is this the switch you're looking for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-read-networks-anymore.826926/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have had my Acer windows vista laptop for about 3 years but it has only been this past year it has stopped connecting to the internet, which means i have to use a cable to access the internet, but im pretty sure its not the ruter because my brothers laptop connects fine, and his is a very old laptop! Any help please??

A:My laptop wont connect to the internet anymore!

Moved to Windows support for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-anymore-669497.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok here we go, i got my laptop last year and i got a virus about 6 months ago. I had my laptop reset completely to factory settings. Before i got the virus and reset i could play: sims 3,democracy,fifa,call of duty, downloaded 3d games. Now i cant play any games hardly the screen goes black and it has an error on every single one then it says windows has stopped working

Info

Device:

name: SiS mirage 3 graphics
manufacturer: Silicon intergrated systems corp.
chip type: SiS672 series
DAC type: internal
Approx memory: 184mb
display mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60hz)
monitor: Generic Pnp monitor

Directx features:

directdraw: enabled
direct3d: enabled

Drivers:

Main driver: SISGRUMD.dll,SiSclone.dll,SiSfunc.dl
version: 8.14.0010.518 (english)
Date: 30/06/2010
WHQL logo'd: Yes
DDI version: 9Ex

please help me thanks i want to be able to play all the games i could before.

A:My laptop wont play games anymore

We need the model number and make of your laptop, as well as full system specs to help.
Although I can say right now, your integrated graphics sucks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-games-anymore.155366/
Relevancy 64.07%

When i first got my laptop i could simply put the screen down and my computer would fall asleep. when i would come back to and lift the screen up it would start up at the log in screen. Now when i close the screen and open it back up my computer starts but the screen stay back until I hard restart my whole computer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439703-why-wont-my-laptop-wake-up-opening-screen-anymore.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Belkin Wireless Access Point connected to a router. Recently, i switched it off from the mains for a week and when i switched it back on, it wouldnt power up. Anyway i changed the power adapter and got it working. The wireless network was up and running again.

But the next day, the laptop wouldnt detect the access point anymore when it scans for AP's, even though the PC clearly detects it.

So why wont the laptop find the AP? It did work after the power problem so i doubt the APs damaged, and the laptop detects several others in my area.

Note: i have tried reinstalling drivers, updating firmware, and resetting the AP, but no luck

A:laptop wont detect access point anymore

Un-install your wireless network card through Device Manager, reboot and let Windows re-install it. Browse for wireless networks once re-installed.

Do you find it then? If not, let us know and we'll go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-detect-access-point-anymore.80422/
Relevancy 64.07%

I changed the maximum memory in my msconfig menu and now my laptop won't connect to my TV anymore and my laptop screen is cracked

A:my screen is cracked and my laptop wont show up on my tv anymore

Sounds like you're having a bad day.
Can you tell us the make and model of your machine, along with a detailed history of what happened on this fateful day?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547826/my-screen-is-cracked-and-my-laptop-wont-show-up-on-my-tv-anymore/
Relevancy 64.07%

I've had an external monitor hooked up to my laptop for ages, showing duplicate screen
--same screen as laptop. Now suddently it went blank, The monitor works fine.

How do I get it to show the laptop screen again. I went to control pannel and display and properties and it seems to be monitor 2. If I click the extend desktop box, I get my screensaver on the external but nothing else-- it doesn't change when my laptop display does.

I could really use the monitor back. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 64.07%

About 3 days ago my laptop stopped playing videos online. some videos cause the browser to freeze, whilst some just dont work.
When i try and play a video off youtube it takes about 5 minutes, then starts playing. but when i try one off itv player or something it simply wont work.

i have had my computor checked for virus' and deleted everything like that. i have delete my browsing histroy/temporary internet files etc. and now i have run out of things to try!

i have a samsung r530 laptop, if that helps. and it isnt that old (only got it 5 months ago)

please can someone help me.
i am not that good with technological terms, so please can you explain it in simple terms

thank you so much for reading, and please can you help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-videos-online-anymore.151303/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I have a Dell 1750 inspiron T4300W7 laptop which worked fine until one night whilst connected to internet via a 3 dongle it just cut off. I have used the dongle many times on this laptop without issue and the dongle still works on my other laptop fine. The Dell laptop now wont connect via any internet method ie wireless or dial up connection, it just says No network access. I run a diagnose and a message said ip address not configured.

I am useless with the tech side please can somebody help

A:Dell Laptop wont connect to internet anymore

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-anymore.989080/
Relevancy 63.21%

Dear seven forums, please help me with my problem. I was working on something when my laptop, ACER just suddenly turned off. It was working for about 10mins or so but after that, it suddenly turned off. At the time it was working, i plugged a usb connector from my phone to the latop and an 8g flash drive.. i do this all the time since my phone, a samsung galaxy grand prime only has an 8g internal capacity and i only had a 1g sd card on it. I successfully transferred a video from.my phone to my flash drive but as i was scanning to check some more files to be transferred,poof! It suddenly turned off. As it was turning off, a box of a static-like image appeared decreasing in size to the center of the laptop then blacked out. Please help me with this worrying prob of mine. Thank u and looking forward to ur response..😊

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399310-my-laptop-just-suddenly-turned-off-screen-wont-display-anymore.html
Relevancy 61.06%

my Compaq 6735b laptop won't start at all even when I plug the adapter nothing shows up not even a single light showing there is power connected to it wish someone could help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-wont-turn-on-at-all/td-p/5633416
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello i ahve a Compaq laptop When i turn it on it starts but the screen stays black. It turns off and tries to start again. I brought it to someone and they say it is the motherboard. Should i repair it i bought the computer for 400. How can i get my files off the laptop if it doesnt start

A:My Laptop wont turn on

It may be the lcd screen inverter. I wouldnt try repairing it your self if you've never tried before. you can buy one off ebay according the the model number of your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-turn-on.820488/
Relevancy 61.06%

when i press the power button the light turns green and it stays on like that for about 5 seconds before it turns back off....afterwards the battery light turns on as if signaling to where the problem is but it lights on green and turns off again

A:My laptop wont turn on

Sounds like a motherboard fault, what make/model is it & how old is it?

Does anything else come on - anything on the screen, or the screen backlight? Any fans? Can you hear the hard drive or CD drive spinning? Can you hear any startup beeps or sound from the speakers?

Do you get the same lights if you remove the battery, plug in the power cord and try to start it up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-turn-on.1075734/
Relevancy 61.06%

my toshiba satellite has just randomlty stopped working. the laptop wont turn on at all. the charger is working fine because the lights are on for the battery and charging. (i think it is charging not sure) the screen doesnt even turn on and the fan doesnt spin when i press the power button. nothing works... what should i do please help! :'(

A:Laptop wont turn on at all! help please

I don't see how this could be a Windows 7 problem so I moved your thread.

Have you tried with just the battery? With only the AC? Removed and reinserted the battery a few times in case the contacts are corrupted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-turn-on-at-all-help-please.1006536/
Relevancy 61.06%

My Laptop wont turn on at all, ive tried to reset it both ways and that didnt work. Ive also tried to see if anything was wrong with the charger and battery. Any help would be appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5766655
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I have a Nec Versa L1100, and it wont turn on. It runs windows Xp.
Was working fine a few hrs ago and i charged up the battery, when i went to turn it on it seems like the power switch is had it. The blue light for the battery iw working but that seems to be the only thing that is. Any help would be appreciated, Thankyou.

A:Laptop wont turn on.

Hello,
Have you tried to power it "ON" without the battery on it? Take the battery off, give it a try and tell what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-turn-on-484295.html
Relevancy 61.06%

After i woke up this morning i just tried my laptop to boot and it wont turn on. I already tried the press the power button one minute and my laptop just got statics with im touching it . HELP

A:My laptop wont turn on.

According to me the best solution will be to take it to an HP Authorised Service Center as it seems to be a serious hardware issue. Please don't try any repairs yourself as you told the laptop is giving statics.  Happy to [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5806266
Relevancy 61.06%

Ive had my laptop for about six months now and it suddenly stopped working. i shut it down this morning before class and when i tried to turn it on to take notes, nothing happened. no battery low sign or anything. i have it plugged in now, but still no results. i knopw that the a/c plug is working because the indicator light where i plug the adaptor in is on. Im running windows vista and my computer is a Compaq Presario CQ60. HELP PLEASE i have valuble notes music movies and songs im writing that i need for my final grade.

A:mY Laptop wont turn on

Hi, disconnect the laptop from the mains, then remove the laptop battery, with the battery out reconnect to the mains, try now, if it works then disconnect the mains add the battery and reconnect with the mains .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-wont-turn-on-476870.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I'm new to all this and not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.

When I turn on my laptop the power button comes on for about 30secs and then it goes off nothing happens on the monitor any ideas how to fix this???

Thanks

A:laptop wont turn on

Did anything peculiar happen the last time you shut it down? Has the computer been exposed to high humidity or general moisture? Most likely this is an issue with the power supply, as a quick fix you might try booting without the battery, or visa versa without the charger.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-turn-on.1072385/
Relevancy 61.06%

a few days ago when turning on computer the display just showed lines then I would reboot and the start up window would appear and I would be fine. today it wont even come on, not sure if its the video display or if the power supply died.

I know its an older computer but as usual I have important files on there

any suggestions

averatec 5500 laptop

thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-turn-on-475398.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

Iv'e got a real strange problem with my lappy.
It is a Dell Inspiron 6000.
The problem is I can turn it on with battery plugged in no problem. I can turn it on with just the power cable plugged in and no battery with ease. But when I try to turn it on with the power cable AND the battery plugged in it shows all the lights and then just stalls. It is still on but doesn't get anywhere.

Can anyone help?

I guess it's because it can't handle 2 power sources at once. Just use one of them at a time. Why would you need both at once anyway?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-turn-on.862652/
Relevancy 61.06%

Laptop:
Asus Vivobook S550CM
8GB Ram

everytime i press the power button, it just lights up then turns off.
please help.
I recently used ASUS Backtracker to fix my other issues.

A:My laptop is currently off and wont turn on

Try removing the battery for 5 minutes then put it back in and try again. If still no connect the power supply in case the battery is dead.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53167-my-laptop-currently-off-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a HP DV 6700 Laptop, The power supply is usually connected to the laptop 24/7. Last night I accessed it and this morning when I tried to fire it up. It won't turn on. I removed the battery and tried to connect directly to the power chord but to no avail.

The fan doesn't fire up. It's only a year old machine , any help is appreciated.

A:HP Laptop wont turn on

read the laptop won't power guide in the guides forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-wont-turn-on.127137/
Relevancy 61.06%

My hp pavillion x2 detachable will not turn on when I press the power button, what do I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-turn-on.1164905/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,i hadnt charged my inspiron 15 5558 laptop for a while and now when i tried charging it the ac power cord glows properly but the led indicator on the laptop doesnt glow at all and if i try to press power button it just doesnt respond at all plz help

A:Laptop wont turn on

Try the following:
1) Unplug the charger from the laptop
2) Remove or disconnect the battery
3) Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds
4) Reinstall or reconnect the battery
5) Try powering on
6) Plug the charger back in to the laptop
7) If step 5 didn't work, try powering on again

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995508
Relevancy 61.06%

My acer laptop will not turn on or do anything, but when the power cable is plugged in the light shows the battery is full.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-turn-on.1011548/
Relevancy 61.06%

When I turn on my laptop The Progressbar When windows loads onnly does up one then the blue error screen blinks and the laptop restarts
I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 61.06%

i have an acer aspire 7736z-4088. I bought it brand new in feb of this yr and it worked fine until one day i went to use it and i got it on and then all of a sudden it shut off and will not come back on. I tried unplugging it from charger, taking battery off and plugging laptop straight to charger with no battery, holding down the power button for however long it says too, bought a new charger and battery. It will not even light up to show that charger is attached. No lights come on at all. Can anyone help?

Sounds like an internal problem with the power input circuitry on the board. My top suspect would be the power jack that's mounted on the motherboard, they're very fragile and frequently get broken. I've personally replaced several of them.

Be very careful trying to power this up if the jack is suspect. If you wiggle it around and get a short, really bad things can happen. Here's an example, this was a Compaq laptop that was brought to me to fix, but I was a little late after the flames.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-turn-on.949868/
Relevancy 61.06%
Relevancy 61.06%

hi, i brought my laptop last december. i only uses it for school projects and related stuff. not gaming. Only recently, my laptop wont turn on even if i plugging the power socket in. it wont show any life. please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-Laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5608822
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay, so my laptop, a Compaq Presario V6210US, wont run on. I push the power button, the led lights light up for about a second then they go off and it dies, please help. The power supply is plugged in, ive tryed it pluged in and not and with the battery in and out.

A:Laptop Wont turn on

There are a lot of possibilities. So it can be difficult (and easy!)

Lets do the real simple stuff.

Reseat the ram card(s) and blow out any dust
Reseat the HardDrive (make sure to make a secure connection)

Pull out the main (big) battery,; remove the power adaptor. Hold down ON for 30secs (dispersing all internal power)
Re-insert the power adaptor
Turn On

Now it gets a bit harder!
Remove all power again
Begin to pull it apart (the dissamble guide should be on the net somewhere)
Remove all internal dust
Reconnect all internal connections
Turn on again

Lastly (still with it apart)
Reseat the CPU
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on.109751/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, I have a msi CR410 that is working perfectly last night. Tonight, When I turned it on (plugged to adapter ) it didnt turn on..the battery light on my laptop is on and the adaptor's light is also on.. I tried the suggested on taking out the battery, pressing the power switch for 30 sec then put battery, plug it and press power but it still didnt turn on. After that I let the laptop be plugged to my adaptor just to see if the device is just power drained but after a while I saw that the battery light indicator on my laptop is also gone. When I touched the adaptor it was not hot not like before that its hot. This time its not hot nor warm, just no temperature but the light on the adaptor is still on but the battery light on my laptop is now gone too not like earlier.

A:Laptop wont turn on. why?

Have you tried removing the battery. Then just plugging the adapter into the laptop. See if it boots this way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-why.195939/
Relevancy 61.06%

My friend is having trouble with her inspiron 4000. It won't turn on at all. I told her it was probably the power supply. She then asked what to do next. I've never had experiences with laptops so where can I purchase a power supply for a laptop. Also, could it be a different problem?

Relevancy 61.06%

when i press the power button it wont do anything i have held the power button and etc with the battery not in and the charger unpluged but it still wont come on please help me   

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991057
Relevancy 61.06%

Laptop wont turn on after I had closed the laptop as it should be (cause someone else closed it wrong and it had like a bump in the middle) It makes 4 or 5 beeps and turns off.

Any idea what I can do.

What is the manufacture and model of the laptop?
Can you give more detail to your statement " someone else closed it wrong and it had like a bump in the middle"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256716/laptop-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop will not turn on. Its a hp 2000 with windows 8.
The white charger light flashes when charger is in, but nothing happend when I hit the power button. No fan, no sound....nothing. If I take battery out and plug in charger, its a solid white light...but same thing...no power, no fan...nothing. Is it likely its toast?

Relevancy 61.06%

I was on my laptop for a while left and then when i came back it wouldnt turn on even when its plugged in. Its a compaq presario 3000

Hi

A very vague post, first is it under warrantly if so take it back to where you bought it from.

If your able test the power supply with a test meter and see if there is any voltage coming out of it.

Post back and let us know.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on.108076/
Relevancy 61.06%

HELP PLEASE MY LAPTOP WONT TURN ON! I TRIED TO REMOVE THE BATTERY,DISCONNECT THE ADAPTER AND HOLD THE BUTTON AT LEAST 30 SECOND TO 2 MIN!!! BUT AFTER I DID THAT MY LAPTOP STILL WONT TURN ON! HELP PLSsorry for caps lock

A:HELP MY HP LAPTOP WONT TURN ON AFTER I TRIED SOME WAY TO FIX...

Hi @Makoro, Thank you for your inquiry.Please remember when posting to include your exact model of HP notebook and your operating system to help us to help you. I understand you tried removing the battery, disconnecting from power and held the power button down for up to two minutes.  When you state your notebook will not turn on, is it not getting power or do you see a blank/black screen on startup? Do you see any flashing lights or hear any beeps?   Are you connecting directly to an electrical outlet or using a power/surge bar? Have you tried a different outlet? Here are links to documentation that may help:HP Notebook PCs - Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues,( Be sure to remove any peripheral devices, such as USBs, memory cards, printers or additional displays)  HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter and HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge. Please let me know the outcome. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the ?Thumbs Up? below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HELP-MY-HP-LAPTOP-WONT-TURN-ON-AFTER-I-TRIED-SOME-WAY-TO-FIX/td-p/5603492
Relevancy 61.06%

pls my laptop was turning on recently, i even used it yesterday before sleeping it during the night. this morning when i powered it, its came on then all of a sudden the laptop went off and refuse to  turned on is then. the charging light is coming on when i plug the charger. pls help me i dont kniw what wrong with it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5719462
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm writing from my phone as my laptop is unusable at the moment so sorry if its a wrong place, there is a similar topic alreaady and for any mistakes. My laptop is packard bell easy note tj65 with windows 7 home edition.

I turn the thing on and have 2 options. One to start windows normally (which when selected reloads back to that menu) and one to fix windows. I try this one, it flashes blue for split second, goes black says ' windows is loading files' and goes black again. It then shows the blue welcome screen + mouse and stays this way.. For now at least. Trying to turn laptop off and on p produced the same results. How can I help it?

Hello and welcome Serii mate try going into safe mode (power on and tap F8) and run these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < DO NOT run on a SSD

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/312718-laptop-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I have a friends laptop that wont turn on He believed he had some infections due to a white line down the side of his screen while gaming on the desktop and he laptop turn wont on even said during boot He used malwarebytes to clean his computer It found probably close to items that weren t selected to to be removed but he selected them all and removed them He restarted his laptop to find that it was trying to do some sort of repair function some sort of operation that froze during its process so he rebooted He said it he had options to select a function but ignored it and just had to start normally He got to his login screen were he couldnt use the middle row of keys he first pw letter is f and all the keys on that line had no effect At this point I believe he kind of shrugged it off and left is laptop off overnight to find it wouldnt turn on in the morning I have googled some solutions and what we tried was to remove the battery and ac cord and hold down the power button for laptop wont turn on secs Plug in ac cord and turn on which it didnt After trying that process over and over it would turn on laptop wont turn on load to his login again were he couldnt use his letters on the f row of keys I tried to have him boot into safe mode but he was saying laptop wont turn on that when he turns his laptop on that its displays Toshiba goes to screen where you can load bios then after that starts to create the windows logo I think its missing a post screen but im not sure He was unable to boot into safe mode I met him at work and I have tried again to turn is laptop on but I have not been able to do so I have tried with no hdd dvd and ram Wont turn on One thing I find strange is that when there is no battery no ac cord held down power button and plug in power cord that the led indicator light comes on then goes off Its been plugged in all night and there is no led light displayed From what ive been reading this may be a sign of failed hardware or components but I guess I just dont believe it is cause of how he cleaned all those files that malwarebytes had not selected then soon after his laptop seems to be dead I am trying to help him out because he is on a tight budget and wont be able to bring it to a repair shop Im hoping to try and get some possible solutions here so he can regain control of his computer I have been trying to google to find a few answers but I have been unable to get those clear I am wondering if say those files he cleaned were crucial to the integrity of his windows would that prevent it from powering on I have read about usb bootable drives but im unclear as to if its possible to use that method to try and help the laptop turn on Also was just wondering that maybe a new hd and os would solve it Im also not sure why it is that I read to take out the hd ram and dvd to see if it would turn on but it didnt what does that mean Sorry if this is a bit long but I tried to provide as much detail as possible Any advice is greatly appreciated Thank you

To get into 'Safe Mode', tap the F8 key several times once you see the BIOS screen, but have a look at this tutorial which covers the subject in some depth :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Before you do anything else, if you can get into Safe Mode, use Windows Explorer to back up any data your friend may have on the computer, to a memory stick will do fine. If you are getting as far as the log-in screen you should be able to boot into Safe Mode as this happens before you get that far. I can see no reason for you to touch the hard drive, RAM or DVD drive, at least in the sense I think you mean of removing them.

From Safe Mode, try restoring the computer to an earlier configuration using a restore point. If that doesn't work, he may be faced with an operating system re-install, but come back before you go that far and see if you can get more expert help.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467083/laptop-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am helping a friend with her notebook which started acting up. It is a Pavilion Touchscreen 15-b150 - running windows 8. As a was updating the firmware drivers through HP Support, the computer shut down and now won't boot up again. I looked at the videos for checking connections inside, but most of them seemed to have a panel I don't have. I tried the hard reset. that didnt help. any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5836278
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop wont turn on.

I got a fan to put under it to keep it cool for games, and the cord got stuck in my chair, and I was pulling at it to get it out and it broke, and the laptop turned off and wont turn back on...it is still under warranty for if it is killed but...I am very upset...

Anything to be done?

Calm done and send it in for repair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on.29306/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi had my pavilion for around a year maybe two, the problem is that it just wont switch on, i've tried taking the AC adapter and battery out and holding the start button for 10,20,30 and 60 seconds to no avail.i've brought a new charger and still nothing happens even though the charging light comes on when plugging ac adapter in and replacing the battery,Please can you tell me what i'm doing wrong' i'm a my wits end, Thanks  Jay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-wont-turn-on-please-help/td-p/5680013
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a dell ispiron 15 5000 series and it wont turn on anymore. I still have the factory warranty so i am wondering can you fix it or replace it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988232
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop is driving me crazy. I have experienced the apparent common issue of not being able to turn my laptop on. I've followed all the instructions online (ie remove battery, press and hold start button , replace battery etc) It used to fix the problem but I cant turn on at all now. The laptop is only just out of warranty and has hardly been used. Can you suggest anything?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5654555
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop wont turn on properly. It goes to a windows error recovery page which then gives me the option to,
Launch startup repair (recommended) or
Start windows normally.

Which ever option i click on it starts to load then just freezes.

How can i fix it? Help please!

Relevancy 61.06%

I tried that hold 1 min after removing battery..but eventhough my laptop doesnot turn on..when i press on button just flash light blinks

Relevancy 61.06%

I have an Advent laptop, im not sure what type =P, its fairly new, I just got it in May, and it's been in repairs for two weeks. I sent it in because it wouldn't turn back on after I turned it off, and after waiting two excrutiating weeks it will not turn back on still! Help me pleaseeee!

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53864.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on.88325/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 and it will not turn on! It beeps when I try, in 3s, over and over. I have tried taking the battery out and unplugging it and pressing the power button for 10, 20, 30 seconds, I have tried pressing it 10, 20, 30 times. I tried pressing F2 and F10 and F12....Tried everything forums have told me and still it is not working. I don't know what else I can do. My warranty ran out in July 2016 and I can not afford the computer repair places. I do a lot of work on my computer!! Please someone help me! 

How many beeps between pauses?
If it's three beeps, pause, three beeps repeating, it's a bad mainboard.  Which board you need depends on which CPU you have - the CPU is a permanent part of the mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989462
Relevancy 61.06%

my laptop won,t turn on i have tried to press the powerbutton for 1 munite sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn,t but honestly always it doesn,t work but i am sure that the hardware is working 100% good everything is working but i am Doubt that it amy be the poer button but the main question is may windows 10 cause these problem PLEASE ANSWERPLEASE ANSWER 

A:Laptop Wont Turn on

Dear Customer, It looks like you are not able to Power ON the Notebook and wanting to fix the issue Please perform below shown steps to find out if this is a Software or Hardware Issue:Remove all Peripherals and Cables, Disconnect them and try to Power ON the UnitCheck for LED Light Status and ensure Power Button spring action is normalSwap with a known good Power Cord and Power AdapterIncase no Adapter is available, Check if the Power Adapter is slightly warmNote: This will give us a hint that the Power Adapter might be fineDo you know if the Notebook was in Battery or Power Adapter Mode when you used it for the last timeNote: Ensure there is no liquid spillage or Power OutageCheck if the AC Adapter Port is loose/brokenNote: If the Notebook doesn't Power ON even with a known good Power Adapter this confirms the Hardware fault with System Board or the DC Power CircuitHope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on left to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,TechToday

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-Wont-Turn-on/td-p/5682544
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop wont turn on. I have tried removing the battery and it still wont turn on. What do i do? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-laptop-wont-turn-on/td-p/5597257
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys Hope you can help I m not exactly an expert with this whole computing malarky but I do know a little well enough to change out parts ordinarily at least Anyway I recently recieved an Advent ERT wont replacing Laptop after HDD on turn laptop from a friend But it only had GB ram and a GB HDD So I decided to increase the Ram to GB Kingston and the HDD to GB capacity WD As soon as I recieved the laptop however I decided I needed to downgrade the OS from Vista to XP Laptop wont turn on after replacing HDD This was done without incident and all was fine Anyway having recieved the upgrade components I installed them without wasting any time whatsoever assuming all I would need to do was insert the XP disc and reboot the PC Alas this is where I am stuck I inserted the disc and when I hit the power button the disc spins I think a fan comes on but the screen remains blank I tried discharging the power using a method found on this board by removing all power sources and holding the on button before replacing only the power chord and trying to turn on Basically I have come up with a blank here Nothing seems to be working for me at all Any help would be much appreciated Cheers nbsp

A:Laptop wont turn on after replacing HDD

Downgrades from VISTA to WXP can result in big problems that will create the problem you describe unless you are able to find and load all WXP drivers for all components. How certain are you that all drivers for WXP have been installed, and none from VISTA remain.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-after-replacing-hdd.121589/
Relevancy 60.2%

gateway model ..the battery ran out and when i tried recharging it last month, it didnt do anything..

so i took it to a repair guy he said it was fine, that i needed a new charger, i bought a universal charger, then some time after it stop charging again but this time the place where u connect it to the charger smelled like smoke then ... didnt charge at all with any charger

anyone know what i can do ?? please help a new charger wont help i've already bought 3 .. Please and thank u

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Guys!
Please kindly help me regarding ACER Aspire V3-371-56cb. The screen wont turn on but the it is fully charged and the power button is on. I tried to press the power button for 10sec but it only turn of with a TICK sound. I really need the help now. Im using it to find a job. Thank you!

A:HELP MY LAPTOP SCREEN WONT TURN ON

If you can use an external monitor to connect to it, see if that produces anything. If the external monitor doesn't work then it is a video card problem. If the external monitor works, then the laptop's LCD screen is dead. Either way, you need repairs done to it. That's one of the reason I don't use laptops, everything is in one piece, when one thing fails, you have to send the whole thing to the repair shop, whereas with a desktop, you can swap parts yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-laptop-screen-wont-turn-on.1163802/
Relevancy 60.2%

My parents have just bought a new Toshiba Satellite C855 -1J1, and it wont work unless it is plugged in. If it is on and you pull the power adapter out or in any way disconnect the power it will turn off. If it is turned off it will not turn on without the power adapter being plugged in.

I have checked to make sure the battery is inserted correctly and it is. The status of the battery is also showing that it is at 100%, but it will not work at all in anyway with just its battery and you can only get it to work with an external adapter to power it.

Before I take it back the shop does anyone have any idea what it may be.

Regards

A:New laptop wont turn on unless plugged in

I would take it back. Sounds like a bad connection somewhere.

What you can do is check all the pins of the battery and battery plug-ins whether they look OK - but that's about all the diagnostics that come to mind.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295897-new-laptop-wont-turn-unless-plugged.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hey
i have a philips freevent x53 laptop its only 6 months old . but it crashed and wont load up . it keeps going on to the screen where you choose safe mood ect . it wont go no further then that . ive tryed rebooting and that doesnt work . i have a reboot disc to but it wont read the disc .
any help ?

A:my laptop wont turn on or reboot

You may need to go into your laptop's BIOS and change the boot order, as soon as you turn your laptop on, look for an option similar to "Press Del to enter Setup".

When you see the option, let the laptop run to the point where it doesn't go any further and reboot it. This time, keep pressing the button you saw earlier - it could be either Del, F2 or any number of keys.

This should load your laptop's BIOS screen. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, navigate around - being careful not to change any of the options - until you find a section or menu called "Boot Order" or something similar. What you then need to do is fix it so that the CD-ROM drive is above your hard drive in the order, the exact key commands will probably be displayed to you in some kind of help section of the screen.

When you've done this, reboot with the CD in the drive and it should start. If not, try the CD in another computer (just starting up from the CD alone will not do anything to the computer). If it starts and shows a blue "Windows Installation" screen, there's a more serious problem with your laptop.

If this is the case, I would personally recommend sending it back to Philips (or wherver you got it from) and getting it looked at under warranty. Laptop warranties are usually good for a year unless you've dropped it or spilled something on it.

Hope this helps a bit
MF

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-turn-on-or-reboot.590613/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Compaq Laptop, yes I know... Anyways, I run it straight through the plug, no battery, its been working just fine, its never overheated and shut down on my though, but yesterday I took it to a friends and was using it for an hour tops, then it shut off. I assume it was from an overheating, so I let it cool for hours, and tried to turn it on, didnt turn on, no lights or nothing. I tried holding the power button down for 30secs then plugging it in, that didnt work as well. I even opened it up, and checked all the components and motherboard, nothing looks hurt or burnt. I have no idea what to do, I cleaned the fan as well. Please please someone help!!!

A:Over heated Laptop Wont Turn On

Remove the battery and run just off of the power adapter. If it won't turn on, and you believe it overheated, then it probably burned the motherboard.
You can also try removing the HDD and try booting it, you should at least get to the Bios. If not it needs repair from a professional.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/over-heated-laptop-wont-turn-on-688089.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am very disappointed with Dell s after-sales service I bought an Alienware wont on old day Two turn laptop 15 - R2 Alienware laptop from Funan DigitalLife Mall in Singapore weeks ago Laptop was delivered just yesterday days delayed from expected delivery date and it was working fine until this morning The laptop wont turn on I m pretty sure the AC adapter is working since I can see light from the adapter The power button has light too but laptop is not turning on I called Dell tech support and Alienware 15 R2 - Two day old laptop wont turn on they ve instructed me useless tests Nothing good is happening He actually sounded unsure of what he was instructing me Ending he just helped me to log a ticket for onsite support to come on Monday or Tuesday I even contacted the store where I ordered the item and tell them how their service is from delayed delivery and now faulty product nbsp I followed your troubleshooting instructions from this link nbsp https www dell com Support Article us en SLN nbsp and it actually worked but after shutting down again the same problem occurs nbsp I suspect this is battery issue Very angry How does Dell do QA before shipping out these products I honestly don t trust that the onsite tech will be able to resolve this issue Let s see If you need to Alienware 15 R2 - Two day old laptop wont turn on replace this faulty product with a new one please do so now Don t wait for me to escalate this issue to Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982618
Relevancy 60.2%

My laptop was fine until the other day when I booted it up and the screen looked like this:

I was able to at least get it to turn on for a second before it went to that screen and now today the screen wont turn on at all. The lights turn on and the cd player opens so I know the laptop is on. How can I figure out whats wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Its an HPpavilion

A:Laptop Screen wont turn on

Have you tried plugging the laptop in to an external monitor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-wont-turn-on.943559/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am very disappointed with Dell s after-sales service I bought an Alienware laptop from Funan DigitalLife Mall in Singapore weeks ago Laptop was delivered just yesterday days delayed from expected turn old 15 two wont - on R2 Alienware day laptop delivery date and it was working fine until this morning The laptop wont turn on Alienware 15 R2 - two day old laptop wont turn on I m pretty sure the AC adapter is working since I can see light from the adapter The power button has light too but laptop is not turning on I called Dell tech support and they ve instructed me useless tests Nothing good is happening He actually sounded unsure of what he was instructing me Ending he just helped me Alienware 15 R2 - two day old laptop wont turn on to log a ticket for onsite support to come on Monday or Tuesday I even contacted the store where I ordered the item and tell them how your service is from delayed delivery and now faulty product I followed Alienware 15 R2 - two day old laptop wont turn on your troubleshooting instructions from this link and it actually worked but after shutting down again the same problem occurs I suspect this is battery issue Very angry How does Dell do QA before shipping out these products I honestly don t trust that the onsite tech will be able to resolve this issue without replacing the battery Let s see If you need to replace this faulty product with a new one please do so now Don t wait for me to escalate this issue to Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore Log Case Service Tag nbsp lt ADMIN NOTE Service tag removed per privacy policy gt Express service nbsp lt ADMIN NOTE Express service code removed per privacy policy gt

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982626
Relevancy 60.2%

I was having problems with my new computer (HP Envy m6, running windows 8). It was not signing me out properly and would not shut down. I thought that maybe I just needed to update the windows software. But upon updating the software and turning my computer back on it gave me a black screen with one blue box that says "Selected boot image did not authenticate. Press <Enter> to Continue. If I press Enter the computer the computer turns off (turning back on displays the same message). If left on nothing changes and it will continue to run the computer.

Please help me, thanks :

A:HELP!! My windows 8 new laptop wont turn on :(

Did your computer come with an install disc? Does it have a recovery partition? If yes on the first, you might be able to repair Windows start up by starting up with your disc and choosing the repair computer option. I can't remember if you can access an HP recovery partition from here, but, really, I think not. If yes on the second, you may be able to access the recovery partition by starting up by holding down on some f key. Not sure which though on you machine. Implementing the recovery partition would restore your computer to factory fresh--which is way better than you are now.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/14537-help-my-windows-8-new-laptop-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 60.2%

today i was using my laptop and it turned off i tried to turn on but it wont turn on i get the green light on and the fan moves for about 2seconds and stops but the light keeps on , i tried different ram, different hard drive but i cant get it to work thats anyone have any idea what the problem could be , because i think is dead motherboard but i dont want to jump to conclusion yet anyone with the same problem ???? thank you

Relevancy 60.2%

So I have had this problem several times with the same laptop. I will go to sleep and when I wake up the laptop won't turn on. I do the RAM reset thing, remove the memory cards, but nothing. I'll just leave it plugged in and usually after a couple of days the laptop will suddenly turn on. Well, it happened again yesterday. I woke up and the laptop once again will not turn on. Can't contact dell support because they are absoultely no help. Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

A:dell laptop wont turn on

Check for a tiny little switch below the screen lid. It's possible that it got stuck down. Also, check the bios battery. A dead or low bios/cmos battery voltage will cause all kinds of craziness. Remove power plug, remove laptop battery, press hold power switch. Plug in power only no battery see if it boots. It could be a worn out or broken power port on the laptop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605328/dell-laptop-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a HP Laptop ZD 7020. About a month ago I noticed a flicker in the screen brightness like the plug was being pulled out and then plugged back in. This was while I was on the Battery. Then periodically It would flicker while plugged in and it was loose its power connection until I played with the plug in the side of the computer. Yesterday I left the computer running while I ran out and when I came back the computer was off and the lights would not show it was charging or even plugged in. I pulled the battery then put it back in and it would then show it was plugged in. When I turn it on, it starts up for about 3 seconds then shuts off. Even after it has been on the charger all night.
Any Ideas at all?

A:Laptop Flicker now Wont Turn on!!!!

Pull out the battery and see if it has a charging status button. That will tell you if the battery has any life. Most laptop batteries last only a few years, so you probably have to buy a replacement battery if the piece is more than 3-4 years old.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-flicker-now-wont-turn-on.692171/
Relevancy 60.2%

ok so I got this http www dell com au p inspiron- - -laptop pd laptop literally days ago and i had on Solved: wont turn Laptop it charging and i had my Solved: Laptop wont turn on hard drive plugged in and my phone so i had closed it an left it for minutes and i come back and it is off no lights or anything I is definatly not flat as i charged it over night and it was nearly full before it turned off I got it through the school so we cant take it anywhere but the tech department at school from what i can see you cant take the battery out without removing the back and i think that Solved: Laptop wont turn on might void its warranty so i dont want to try it unless it wont Any help i need it for Solved: Laptop wont turn on school on monday the charger is fine and nothing happens when you plug it in Dell was no help and said I had to send it in nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
I have an HP Omnibook 6000 (I've posted about it on this forum before) Well my HD died so I bought a new one, I installed it yesterdaybut now the screen wont turn on. It was working before I changed the HD. When I turn the computer on the lights above the keyboard dont turn on ( I know one of them indicate the screen) they turn on for a second and then off. The computer is running though I can hear it but nothing happens on the screen. HELP, does anyone know what I can do to get the screen working again?? I would really appreciate soem help, Im lost.

THANKS!!

Relevancy 60.2%

My laptop wont turn on even if is plugged in or not..it only blinks when u press the power button..i already done the possible solution u posted at first it only turned on the fan then stop and nothing else happen.. please help me with this issue. I really need it.thanks

A:i also have the same issue with my laptop.it wont turn on ...

Hi @jabonillo92 , Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that your laptop does not start up. In order to better assist you, can you provide the product number and the version of Windows installed on your laptop?HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? Looking forward to your reply!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/i-also-have-the-same-issue-with-my-laptop-it-wont-turn-on-it/td-p/5695105
Relevancy 60.2%

i have an hp pavillion dv4000 laptop that wont turn on. the laptop was sitting on a coffee table plugged in. my girlfriend tripped on the cord and laptop fell onto carpet. next time i used it, it was working fine. i was using it while it was plugged in. the low battery message appeared as if it wasnt plugged in even though it was. then it died and wouldnt restart. i brought the power cord to circuit city where they plugged it into another laptop. power cord worked fine. i removed the battery and plugged it in, nothing worked. I am not sure what to do next. i never had any problems with it before. oh ya the power indicator light on front of computer doesnt come on at all. please help!!

A:Hp dv4000 laptop wont turn on

Try reseating the hard drive and the memory... You might have broken the DC jack (where the AC adapter plugs into the laptop) Dropping a laptop on anything is never good!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv4000-laptop-wont-turn-on.99725/
Relevancy 60.2%

when i woke up the other morning, my HP laptop had turned itself off and will not turn on at all. when i hit the power button, the charge light (little lightning bolt) flashes 3 times brightly. ive tried a new power cord and outlet - thinking AC was not going to computer and battery had drained itself, but nothing seems to work. anyone have any ideas??
thank you all.

A:Solved: laptop wont turn on?

Try pull off the battery and plug again ..I happened to me once ..and plugging the battery again worked !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wont-turn-on.719898/
Relevancy 60.2%

My laptop keeps shutting down and then rebooting, it has been happening a lot. A few days ago it just shut down, while it was charging and it would not turn back on. It still won't. I lost the original charger, but I'm using a charger that fits it. I have been charging it for a day or two and it won't turn on! I need my laptop and I can't really afford to buy a new battery, I heard they are really expensive. My laptop is an Acer, Aspire 5742 series. Please help. ):

A:My laptop wont turn on or charge

If you don't have the original charger and you are using a charger not designed for your laptop voltage, amps and watts you most likely damaged your laptop. (Capacitor or resistor on the motherboard).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-wont-turn-on-or-charge-631269.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi nbsp When I My laptop off turn completely wont shutdown hibernate standby my laptop it doesn't turn off completely nbsp All programs will close when shutdown or restart and I think OS will close too But laptop wont turn off Power LED and fan stay turned on And when I try to hibernate everything is ok but I have same problem nbsp Everytime I have to turn it off by holding the power button otherwise the battery will discharge nbsp After My laptop wont turn off completely manual turn off when I turn it on again everything works fine - If hibernate OS will continue from last situation - If shutdown OS runs normal without any error or warning nbsp Only after standby OS runs from the begining Because the data stored in RAM and will be cleared after turning off nbsp Maybe nbsp a nbsp hardware perevent the laptop from automatic power off All hardware drivers are up to date nbsp Is there any setting software to check and solve My laptop wont turn off completely my problem nbsp Thank you

A:My laptop wont turn off completely

Hi, Try the following. Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane. In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and restart the notebook. When windows has reloaded, download the IMEI driver directly from Intel on the following link, unzip the package and run the installer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26127/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NU... When the installation has completed, restart the notebook. When the machine has reloaded, re-enable Fast Start-up and reboot the notebook once again - let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-laptop-wont-turn-off-completely/td-p/5814210
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a compaq presario F558 (AMD Turion64 and a Nvidia graphics card)
When I turn it on everything seems to be working fine and all the lights work
but the screen doesn't turn on so I can't do anything at all.
I read around and tried removing the batter holding down the power button method but I dont think
it worked. I am trying to fix it for a friend so I dont think I can provide any more info since ive never used it.
Is there any way you guys can help without me taking it to a repair place and if you guys dont mind
I need this ASAP my friend needs it soon.

-Thank you