Windows Support Forum

Free Twain scan w/pdf + email?

Q: Free Twain scan w/pdf + email?

Although the new Win7 machine scans fine to the HP with HP's software for reasons Canon cannot determine the machine will not scan to the Canon with Canon's software. Canon support suggested I download 3rd party software to use with the Canon but I'm not having luck finding a small, free, Twain app that will not only scan to pdf but will 'scan, open a new blank Outlook email and attach the result' as does the Canon and HP scan software.

Anyone use something like this?

The one's I've come across so far, once installed, advise of a 30 or so day time fuse.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Free Twain scan w/pdf + email?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Free Twain scan w/pdf + email?

You can test your Canon scanner with the web twain online demo here. With it, you can acquire images from your canon scanner and save as pdf via browser. With the testing, you can then determine if it's the scanner driver issue or the app issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/273873-free-twain-scan-w-pdf-email.html
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello all,

I've recently bought a HP Pavilion 15-n252sq laptop, with Free Dos - unfortunately I can't install Windows 7 over it, due to the following error I keep receiveing in the Installation screen:

"Select the driver to be installed" - and regardless of the paths I have and the available folders, I can not seem to proceed wtih the W7 installation.

Please notice that, I've tried to use both a W7 DVD and also a bootable USB drive (and yes, connected in the USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0 ) - but I always get to the same point where I have to select drivers.

Please also notice that the BIOS doesn't allow me to make any modifications except for some minor ones (like select boot priority, or enable USB 3.0), as the rest of the MAIN features are greyed out .

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Regards,
Adrian

A:HP Pavilion 15-n252sq - Can not install Windows over Free Dos

You may have to use a program Like KillDisk to reformat the drive. Then try installing your Win 7 DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-15-n252sq-can-not-install-windows-over-free-dos.202523/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Seagate ST500DM002 using windows 7.
it shows around 150GB free space, when I delete files from it (not to recycle bin), it still shows the same amount of free space, even after restart, any advice?

A:Hard drive won't free up space after deleting files

This is a 500GB drive, right? How is it configured, as a boot or spare drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-wont-free-up-space-after-deleting-files.190258/
Relevancy 19.78%

Running vista home premium -bit with GB on readings erroneous HDD space/free Used space HDD When I open quot Computer quot it shows graphically and numerically the used and free space on my drives C - normally shows GB free of GB D - Factory image - GB free of GB K - HP Pocket media drive GB free of GB The problem I am having applies only to C with the others remaining unchanged The graphical representation of free used space is in Used space/free space on HDD erroneous readings blue and white normally Here is the problem The last couple of weeks when I open quot Computer quot I sometimes get C - GB free of GB and the graphical representation is in red not blue I got an error message the other day that I did not have free space to do what I wanted to do When I checked free space it was showing in red free space of GB instead of the normal plus GB As soon as I reboot the free space is shown as the correct amount - plus GB Anyone know what is going on and how I correct it nbsp

A:Used space/free space on HDD erroneous readings

I would cleanup like this

on your normal login

get a cmd prompt and enter cleanmgr

do it again using an admin login

Then verify the free vs total space

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/used-space-free-space-on-hdd-erroneous-readings.186155/
Relevancy 21.5%

I Win7(64) no "color scan" with Omnipage17 option see Mailpup or moved me to hardware I doubt this is a hardware issue As indicated below all worked properly under XPSP It is only under Win that this issue has cropped up So I am not sure if this is the best place In short Omnipage is not communicating properly with my Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17 Mustek A scanner on a Win system There were no issues with this software and scanner running on xpsp Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks Longer Description Wondering how to get color capability with OP on my Win system Currently all I can get are B amp W and Grayscale for my scan options All scanner quot sizes quot B -A letter and legal are available in the Tools- gt Options - gt Scanner toolbox and they work properly So OP is partially working with the scanner NOTE OP was working properly fully with this scanner on my old xpsp system System Information Omnipage Professional version Product ID OP- - - OS Win Computer Dell Vostro i processor Scanner Mustek SE A USB Pro What I have done Downloaded the lasted drivers ScanExpress A USB WIN zip from Mustek Uninstalled the old driver installation from Device Manager Reboot Reinstall Mustek software Reboot Open Omnipage - gt Tools - gt Options - gt Scanner - gt Setup Download Latest Scanner Database from Nuance Select amp Test Scanner TWAIN SE A USB Pro - gt Next Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes The scanner is already in the database Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes Close any other applications that might be using your scanner - gt Next After running all available tests Omnipage still cannot see the scanner s color capability Testing the Scanner from Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Diagnostics - gt Test Scanner quot Successfully completed the diagnostic test quot Testing by Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Start Scan Here the quot Color quot Option is available And it successfully creates a color scan I found no help on this topic at Nuance Either Knowledge base or Forums Google coming up dry too Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Typically this is a driver problem. find the driver from the print/scanner manufacturer and dl/install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-no-color-scan-option-with-omnipage17.186106/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi there I own an Alesis Multimix Firewire which I use to record music on my PC I connect this to my Computer via can (Code 12) use that free This enough it cannot device resources find VIA PCI IEEE Adapter Firewire Everything s been fine up until now it seems my computer won t recognize when the firewire cable is connected to the computer So I flipped open the motherboard and made sure the adapter was connected into the slot properly as sometimes it can slide out a bit since it is at a weird angle when the PC sits upright I rebooted again and it said that the Firewire adapter had been detected Tried connecting the Alesis and still nothing Went into System and Device Manager and under the IEEE Bus host controller tab it shows OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller with a highlighted exclamation mark over it I click into the properties of this and it says under This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) the General Tab This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system More specifically under the This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) Details Tab it says this PCI VEN amp DEV This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) amp SUBSYS amp REV amp DC A amp amp Not sure entirely what this means I googled it and a lot of ppl saying to try and update the drivers etc but I don t think that this will do any good as the last driver was back in and I don t think any new drivers have been made since Looking for a logical answer to this one Any help would be greatly appreciated Attached a DXdiag file below too Thanks nbsp

A:This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

Looks like the motherboard's USB channels or chipset needs to be updated or re-installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources-that-it-can-use-code-12.180628/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi all I have installed the HP photosmart B a wireless printer onto my Asus laptop I run windows professional After installing the printer it seems to have saved to a z drive This is what it says when I try to open it from my computer z refers to a location that is unavailable It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network Check to make sure the disc is properly inserted or that you are connected to laptop Asus b110a to wireless from Photosmart to scan Unable the internet or your network connection and then try again If it still cannot Unable to scan from wireless Photosmart b110a to Asus laptop be located the information might have been moved to a different location I did Unable to scan from wireless Photosmart b110a to Asus laptop not load the printer using a disc this was done online It is wireless and I have a belkin router I can print document and pictures to the printer but unable to scan from printer to laptop The message I get on the printer screen is Try scan from computer or see documentation I am very confused so thanks for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-scan-from-wireless-photosmart-b110a-to-asus-laptop.174987/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello tech forums My friends computer has been having a very odd issue regarding cpu usage I noticed it when trying to play DC universe online and noticed big fps issues in character creation all settings being turned down After that I monitored resources to see if anything is amiss and soon enough I saw my cpu usage randomnly spiking Also it easily hits and is probably trying to use more when DC Universe is on The other odd thing I saw was that the cpu usually operated at a higher frequency than actually being used in resource manager I have uninstalled Startup toolbar updater thinking it was using too. reason. Already for no malware overused CPU free tested being too much resources and have used the malware tech support to see if it was a infestation of any kind No dice all scans came up relatively CPU being overused for no reason. Already tested malware free too. clean My only other thought is that it might be DMA being reverted to PIO or some software issue This is my last shot before I reformat this frigging labtop gt lt Only thing stopping me is the possibility that it might be hardware though I can t imagine why On another note maybe the cpu is just messed up Whenever it spikes i don t see a reason why nbsp

A:CPU being overused for no reason. Already tested malware free too.

Okay some new observations. With a room temp of 12 C my CPU idles at 45 C. Mobo is seeing 25 C during this. Also just watching the CPU usage through speed fan for a couple of hours I noticed that it likes to dance between 2% - 5% constantly. Occasionally spike to 30% or 50%. Also, it can't hand DC universe at all. Through CPU-Z The processor seems to be acting normal. It runs at half power when it's not being used much and jumps to normal speed. That might explain a little bit of spikage, but it's performance overall doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be jumping so high when I start DC online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-being-overused-for-no-reason-already-tested-malware-free-too.173267/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a HP Officejet j4680 aio injet printer and I'm not able to send a fax or scan from the software HP Solution Center to the printer it keeps telling me that a software component was not found or was not installed properly and that I should re-install the Photosmart Essentials 3.5 software and try to scan again but every time I re-install the software I still cannot scan or fax.I have done this numerous times and still cannot figure out what is causing it to fail or what software component is missing.Does any one have any idea what is causing this scan failure from my pc?

A:Cannot scan from computer to printer?

Firstly, I don't have the same printer as you do, but I did have similar problems with installing a HP G2710 scanjet scanner. I believe it's down to not having the correct drivers, (the disc supplied was for XP and Vista) and I am using '7'.
After a lot of trial and error, I got it to work by doing the following.
(You might be able to adapt this to your software.)
-----------------------------------------------------------
*Uninstall your HP driver, then;
1) Copy HP CD to a new folder on C:\ drive.
2) Open that folder, right-click on "hpzsetup" then choose "Troubleshoot compatibility"
3) Choose "Troubleshoot program"
4) Choose "Vista Sevice Pack 1"
-----------------------------------------------------------
The general idea might do the trick for your situation and setup.
Another idea I found that works, is that I can launch the scanner from the program called "Faststone image editior" , "File", "Scanboard". That worked, when the HP shortcut on the desktop would fail.
Lastly, I think I saw a Windows 7 driver available now for my scanner so there is a good chance these problems will get sorted out in time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-scan-from-computer-to-printer.162801/
Relevancy 21.07%

We host a domain 'nabina.com' with brinkster.com and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-filtering.162499/
Relevancy 23.65%

Ok, can anyone help with this one?

I noticed that my PC was being reeaally slow recently so I attempted to clear some space, I did all the usual stuff: deleted unused programmes, emptied the recycle bin etc but its still slow and showing just 3% space remaning!!

How can this be? Surely I can't have used all the capacity!! How do I see what's using the most space?

Anyone?

Any advice most appreciated...

A:Only 3% free space remaining - how come?

Hi,

Ali that is a worm/virus.
If you can try installing spybot, if you get luck with it make sure you run it, it will do it magic.
How ever to create some bit of space, you go to run, and type %temp%
press enter and shift + delete all you find there...
its safe...
Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-3-free-space-remaining-how-come.160736/
Relevancy 23.65%

I want 2 know this cause i want 2 host my Counter-strike source server on a vpn rather than hosting it on my PC.Please tell me of any u know of

A:Is there such thing of a free VPN

Not that I know of, unless you work out a deal with another Counter Strike clan to host your version on their machine as well. Setting up two dedicated Counter Strike servers on one machine might be quite a pain, though.

The system you describe in your profile should run a CSS server with out noticeably slowing down any thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-such-thing-of-a-free-vpn.159063/
Relevancy 22.79%

Till now, I've been using esnips for (non bit torrent) free file sharing. Problem is:

esnips started requiring the esnips download manager for any esnips download and
The new esnips installer includes sneakware: it installs its own home page, search page, etc. unless one carefully reviews and unchecks all the installation options
So everytime i give someone a file sharing link i don't want to worry about warning them about the sneakware (and worse yet, they overlook the options and install the sneakware by mistake)
Any other good site recommendations? And would you know how they compare to ensips offer of free 5GB storage with 200MB limit per file?

A:Recommendations for free file sharing sites?

DropBox is pretty awesome; I use it a lot. If you upload via the desktop app, there's no limit on the file size, but you're limited to 300MB per file if you use the web browser uploader. The max for free storage is 2GB I believe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-free-file-sharing-sites.143483/
Relevancy 24.51%

I've searched around, couldn't find anything that helped. Recently my PC has been having huge CPU spikes while playing games and such. I've ran virus/spyware scanners and some things were found and taken care of, but none of it helped. Thanks in advance.

A:CPU usage still spikes after virus scan

what proccesor do you have??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-usage-still-spikes-after-virus-scan.146588/
Relevancy 20.64%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-setup-help-needed-for-ipod-and-pc.146334/
Relevancy 22.79%

DiskGetor data recovery free : 1, Increased ability of undeletion; 2, Recover system destroyed files and recover deleted ( word, excel ,photo,dwg ,cad,office ppt etc important data) files names perfectly which were erased in Recycle Bin ; recovered files will add right file extensions automatically, if they were in sub-folders before, DiskGetor will recover all these folders as well, Recover encrypted and hidden folders

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-hard-drive-or-usb-data-recovery.145922/
Relevancy 23.65%

I ran out of free space on one of my partitions. Capacity of that partition is 54GB. I selected everything on that partition (including hidden files and folders) and size is 34 GB. I should have 20GB free, no?? All i have is 4 GB. but when i right-click > Properties, it shows me that i have 50 GB of used space. So one of 'em is laying or what? pls help me i want to install PES2010 and it requires 8-9GB of free space.

A:Low free disk space

You could try WinDirStat to see what is taking up space visually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-free-disk-space.145666/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a amd 7850 dual core 2.8ghz. And planning to overclock it to 3.0ghz. My M3A76-CM motherboard has an overclocking software in it called Jumper free configuration. So my question is, can someone tell me or post the settings to use to overclock my cpu to 3.0 ghz?

A:Quick Reply, Need help overclocking using jumper free configuration

you wont see much of a performance boost from 2.8 to 3.0

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-reply-need-help-overclocking-using-jumper-free-configuration.144016/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello people i am using windows xp service pack lately i ve not been able to upload anything on the internet i could not attach files in gmail couldn t upload any photos in facebook or orkut i was however able to download files to deal with this problem i used quot Hard scan combofix detected drive after not combofix quot and scanned my system combofix downloaded quot Windows recovery console quot and after that the process halted because the system got hung up I saw that there was no icon showing my gb seagate hardrive internal in My Computer not knowing what to do I repeated the scanning process of Combofix which completed successfully and it made a log report about it but still my system doesnt detect my gb internal hard drive When i restarted and went to the recovery console I didnt know what to do so I exit it and went into safe Hard drive not detected after combofix scan mode from there I logged in as the administrator to my surprise I found that the hardrive was there and I could access it I restored my system to the last date using System Restore and I could use my Hard drive normaly But then again when my PC restarts it doesnt show any hard drive DISK MANAGEMENT also doesnt show it anyone please help my comp is XP SP gb RAM Processor IntelCore duo CPU d gcnl INTEL Desktop motherboard Nvidia graphics processor mb RAM series GT nbsp

A:Hard drive not detected after combofix scan

What is brand and model of computer, and the hard drive brand and model.
Usually this problem is coincidental with the ComboFix, and is really a problem with a failed or damaged hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-detected-after-combofix-scan.143177/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys, i have a computer with 1024 mb of ram, a on board radeon x200, and a pcie slot with a geforce 8400
when i go to my computer specs it tell me i have .98 gbs of ram.... my suspicion is that couple of mb of ram is being taken up by the on board video card... does anyone know how to fix this?

A:How to free up RAM

redpikachu12 said:

Hey guys, i have a computer with 1024 mb of ram, a on board radeon x200, and a pcie slot with a geforce 8400
when i go to my computer specs it tell me i have .98 gbs of ram.... my suspicion is that couple of mb of ram is being taken up by the on board video card... does anyone know how to fix this?Click to expand...

Some of the RAM is used by/ reserved for, the computer's BIOS.

Also, the GB to MB conversion is not as exact as you think. (It goes by 8s, not by 10s)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-free-up-ram.143067/
Relevancy 23.65%

Windows/xp

I cant play my DVDs in WMP11.

Are there any free mpeg-2 decoders, i can down load? Or alternatively, any media players, that has this codec, built in?

Ive done research, but end up at a dead end. Thank-you!

A:Any free mpeg-2 Decoders, for WMP/XP?

K-lite codecs, should supplement WMP if you don't yet have the proper codecs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-free-mpeg-2-decoders-for-wmp-xp.142320/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey,

I'm in a difficult situation here. I have had over 3 years of free ADSL internet at my home now (due to a mistake with the ISP). Anyway, my speed has been stuck at 5mbps ever since, with no download/upload limit.

Today though, I've noticed that my ISP has an option to get fiber optic internet, which is 40/40mbps currently and the speeds will go up soon...

But if I switch, I'll have to pay for it... So do you think fiber is worth it? Or should I just keep my 5 mbps for the years to come

A:Free ADSL vs Paid Optic

Before getting a large bill in the mail.
You should pay for a new Internet contract (fiber optic if that's what you want)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-adsl-vs-paid-optic.139204/
Relevancy 23.65%

I'm finally going to get a domain name after years of using my ISP's free webserver. I'm almost set with a name. I think all the words in the dictionary has been taken. Does anyone disagree?

I want to dive further in the realm of web programming so I thought I'd look for more feature rich web servers. My ISP only provide basic html stuff. Since my website is simple and I doubt it will garner much traffic anytime soon, I thought I'd stay with free service rather than pay $50/year when I'm the only one visiting the site and still learning the ropes. I need advice on which free providers I should look into and hopefully ones that you can personally vouch for. Googling is easy but I don't want to simply pick one on the top of the list if there are far better.

A:Looking for free web server

What I have used is Yola (www.yola.com). You might be interested in it, I like it because it has 0 adds on it. only a tab on the bottom of the page that says "make a free website with yola", and that you get a URL like this: www.example.yolasite.com. The only thing is that I use templates, (it also says "designed by free CSS templates" you probably want something more technical. It might not be any better than what you have. :-( Anyway, I'm no pro, just thought you might like to check it out! if you want to see my website, it's www.puravidarainforests.yolasite.com (rather long), but you can get an idea how you can make it look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-free-web-server.138778/
Relevancy 20.21%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 23.22%

ok, so i know that this question has been asked a few times already but i am in need of a free program to burn dvds. i have downloaded some movies to my pc and now im having trouble finding a good program that will allow me to burn them to disc. obviously they are not all the same type of files, some are avi. some are mp4 files etc. i can covert them to other formats, but so far i havent been able to burn them.

if anybody knows of a program that will do what im looking for please let me know.

A:In search of a free dvd burning program

If you want free dvd burnung program you can find it via google easily. i found one program called InfraRecorder, but i didnt test it so i dont know if it works. just type infrarecorder in google and go to their website. on the righ menu somewhere you have download link. its a small program, just 3.19MB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-search-of-a-free-dvd-burning-program.132048/
Relevancy 23.22%

I regularly use CCleaner as recommended by the virus malware removal steps including the wipe free space feature on occasion to really clean the empty space and theoretically speed up the HD etc However I recently installed a program called MagicUneraser to try to recover a file I had inadvertently deleted and after scanning the drive it found hundreds space free CCleaner wiping not of thousands of deleted files and continues to do so CCleaner not wiping free space after I have run CCleaner with the wipe free CCleaner not wiping free space space enabled several times This kind of pisses me off Are there any programs out there that actually do what they claim and CLEAN and WIPE the HD free space Alternatively are there any undelete programs that have an option to permanently delete found file fragments MagicUneraser does not offer this feature so while it can detect files that apparently CCleaner can not it can not clear them Help If I delete a sensitive document or want to CCleaner not wiping free space control the of copies of a particular document by making hard copies and deleting the active file on the HD I would like to feel confident that this is actually being done nbsp

A:CCleaner not wiping free space

I was never aware the CCleaner wiped free space. There are many free utilities that can wipe free space on hard drives. This is one:
http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ccleaner-not-wiping-free-space.129560/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey, i've been using the external hard disk drive from seagate for over a year now, and then suddenly my PC crashes and after that did the computer not function normaly with the drive, it wont show up in my computer any more but is found in device manager, then i got told to go to Disk Manager, but i dont see the drive there, are there any way to fix this? or would Formatting the PC help? please i got a loads of song, pic, and movies on that drive

A:Free Agent Pro 1TB Problems

What happens if you connect that drive to another computer, does it show up normally? Have you tried a different USB port? Doesn't the Pro also have eSATA and FW? If so have you tried them?

Please don't double post, I've deleted your other thread on this to minimize cross posting/confusion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-agent-pro-1tb-problems.130992/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi All,

Need some help here. I am useing the Seagate Free Agent Go external hard disk, 320Gig. On the security tab i have created an encryption folder, together with my password to protect the files and save all my important files.

This morning, when I open the seagate manager, go on the security tab it doesn't give me an option to open the encrypted folder. THe only options that appeared was to created password, re-enter password. I tried to to that and click enter but then it prompts me to the seagate manager home menu. I wasn't able to decrypt all my files.

Ive checked on My Computer, click the drive, and it shows there the encyption folder ive made. But I need to use the seagate manag er, and go to security tab to open the encrypted file.

Please help. Thanks.

A:Encryption Problem on Seagater Free Agent Go

Can i assume that you have the FreeAgent hooked to a laptop? If so, try opening the files on another computer. These FreeAgent files may be corrupted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/encryption-problem-on-seagater-free-agent-go.128180/
Relevancy 20.64%

Is anyone out there who can help me? I am registered with Incredimail for emails & I need to change my email address with them & although I have tried every which way to find out how to do this I cannot find a link within incredimail.
I would appreciate any help I can get as it
is driving me crazy. If I am unsuccesful I will have to remove Incredimail & go elsewhere. Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-change-incredimail-email-address.123976/
Relevancy 24.51%

recently had my computer in a shop to fix a java problem these *****s removed my nod 32 anti virus and installed avg 8 and another program called malawarebytes they fixed the java problem but now on boot up my computer wants to do a consistincy scan on drive c its the same scan your computer does if your computer freezes up and your only option is to hold in the power button to turn the computer off i know that there is nothing wrong in my computer all drives are healthy and i know there is a way to stop it doing this but just cant remember how

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-does-a-consistincy-scan-on-boot-up.123931/
Relevancy 20.21%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 24.51%

I'm trying to overl**** my Geforce 8600gts and
I used AtiTool newest version.
I scanned on default for artifacts and I see some..
I circled it in the picture, top left corner... What is wrong with my graphic card!?

ps. This is completely something else but...
how do I upload photos? I always upload it sumwhere else,
then right click, property for URL.... Is there a way to directly upload from
my computer to here?

A:Artifacts at default GPU clocks! (With AtiTool Scan)

You must have misspelled "clock" Your video card is an Nvidia card. Does Nvidia have a video overclocking tool. This tool might be in the Nvidia Control panel. It takes more than a software program to overclock. Your power supply, your motherboard's bios and configuration and the amount of memory can affect overclocking. What are your complete system specs?

Pictures files have to be limited to a certain size/type. At the bottom of the posting window you will see the options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/artifacts-at-default-gpu-clocks-with-atitool-scan.120580/
Relevancy 21.07%

every time I log into my email God save the queen plays and repeats over and over
I have an old amptron 2000 laptop with realteck audio. Never a problem till today.
I ran spy bot, AVG, adaware,CC cleaner, looked over my shoulder, repeated including re-booting and still the refrain goes on. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Email Sounds distress

Are you kidding? What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-sounds-distress.120331/
Relevancy 22.79%

i put a new system on my dell computer and i lost the program to my multimedia controller so if you can help me with it please.

A:How can I find free software for multimedia audio controller

If what you mean by 'new system' is a re-install of the original operating system, then you take the service tag number from your case, surf to the Dell site and enter it and they give you a list of the drivers you originally had.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-free-software-for-multimedia-audio-controller.120255/
Relevancy 24.94%

Home network setup w/ Linksys WRT110. Can print to HP C5100 from wired desktop or wireless laptop.

If printer is hooked to router, HP scanning software says "Error communicating w/ scanning device."
Shut my FW/AV down & had no effect.

If connect printer to PC w/ USB, scanning software works fine. There's no problem printing over the network, so the printer has an IP address from the router (verified from printer).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:HP will scan wired to PC but not through router

Are you using the disc that came with the router, or did you download the drivers? If you performed the download, are you certain that you downloaded the correct version.
Sometimes it is simply easier to remove the installation and start fresh.
The LinkSys WRT110 is known for its reliability with our shops and clients.
Since everything else works, I suggest you do a complete removal and reinstall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-will-scan-wired-to-pc-but-not-through-router.118280/
Relevancy 21.07%

Good morning I have a HP Pavillion Desktop computer at home email with Trouble and I recently signed up for Comcast high-speed internet Trouble with email which is run thru a cable modem The internet works great and is very fast Here is my problem I cannot do any kind of email If I try to click on the login button to sign in to our account it says quot page cannot be displayed quot It does this if you try to do any kind of email This is the first time that I have ever had this problem on my computer We didn t have internet on the computer for about a year and a half I Trouble with email also went to Apple com the other day and tried to download the latest versio of iTunes and it said quot page cannot be displayed quot Someone suggested turning off my Windows firewall I really didn t want to do that but I tried it and it didn t solve anything My Norton Security is out of date and needs to be updated but I don t know if that would have anything to do with it or not Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Trouble with email

You are a little vague on specifics.

Did you create a new Email account with Comcast during the install?

Are you trying to use that account or an 'old' account on another ISP?

Do you also use a router? Kind/type?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-email.117979/
Relevancy 25.37%

Dears Experts,
Please help me as i am facing trouble with my Dell 17" Monitor

i have 850 MHZ board with 128 mb SD ram

Problem is that when i load a new SD 256 mb ram in slot 2 and start my computer its loads XP fine and memory is loaded and showing 384 mb its looks fine i turned my system off and when i start it again after a day its not working mean Windows XP not loading and a Error on Monitor is showing "Out of scan range" on black display.
Now what I do please help me out
Am I needed to change my monitor or problem could be solved?

Regards,
Umar

A:Out of scan range

Your resolution is not supported by the monitor, Press F8 just before the windows splash screen and choose safe mode.

once booted up set your display settins to 800x600 and apply then reboot the pc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/out-of-scan-range.114980/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Brother MFC9700, the scan lock will not release. I unlock the switch, but it continues to tell me to unlock the scan lock and press stop. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Brother MFC9700 scan lock will not release

This is an expensive multi function monochrome laser printer... Have you considered trading it in for an HP Multi function color inkJet printer? It sounds like it is time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brother-mfc9700-scan-lock-will-not-release.114628/
Relevancy 23.22%

You can't post them here,their spam.
So find another way to identify your problem hardware.
It's needed to answer problems.

A:Free System testing software

um, what is this all about????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-system-testing-software.114695/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I am a small business owner running laptops and a desktop pc one of the laptops is running xp although will hopefully upgrade it to vista soon I am looking to purchase a NAS device mostly for media sharing and syncronization between pc s but would like to be able to access my email accounts via outlook NAS email knowledge and lacking. although would consider another product with same basic functionality eg local storage tasks calendar etc I am using googlemail for all my NAS and email knowledge lacking. accounts I am aware that there are several NAS devices out there that let you connect and manage NAS and email knowledge lacking. files remotely over the internet It seems that to me that it should therefor be relatively simple to have all outlook or alternative files stored on a remotely accessible NAS to synchronize accross all pc s automatically on login hereby removing the need for an expensive hosted service such as MS exchange I have googled just about every variation I can think of to find the relevant information but to no avail I am fairly savvy for an unqualified home user but lack the deeper understanding of NAS and outlook to get through this one on my own If this is possible please give some advice on setup and the best hardware fro the job Lastly if the NAS doubled as a print server that would be cool too MAny thanks in advance for your help Best regards Don nbsp

A:NAS and email knowledge lacking.

NAS devices (Network Attached Storage) just attach to your LAN using the File Sharing,
Map Network Drives capability.

1) Internet access to one of YOUR LAN drives is a big security hole, so that's not the
right approach.

2) depending upon the software you use to send/receive, sharing email files can easily corrupt them and you lose everything.

If I wanted Internet access to my email, I would use a Webbased email solution
(like gmail), configure it to retain all down loaded email, and the use my pc
to access the gmail pop3 account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-and-email-knowledge-lacking.112499/
Relevancy 21.07%

Can anyone guide me about Video email marketing? Is it possible to customized banners and links with my video emails?

A:Looking for Video Email Marketing

Re:Looking for Video Email Marketing!

Video email marketing is a new tool in market which allows the entrepreneurs to access video email facility with the use of microphone and camera and communicate directly with the end customer. It harnesses the power of video in conveying emotions, tone, and energy while leveraging the flexibility of an email- like system. It increases the market value and credibility of the user. You can get more information from and yes it is very simple to customize banners and links with the video emails.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-video-email-marketing.111123/
Relevancy 24.51%

hi all configuration of my machine is AMD Athlon X dual core processor GHz GB DDR NVIDIA GeForce FX GB SATA HDD i ve partitioned my hard disk into C D E F G H with GB GB GB GB GB GB respectively and obviously Windows XP Pro SP in C drive i ve got some songs and movies in F drive now here comes the problem whenever i turn on my machine it asks to scan disk check for only F drive and this scan happens in stages and finally it says asks Machine scan every disk for up start for my F drive is perfectly alright no problems and when i restart or start my pc later it again asks to do the same for F drive even though i m shutting down my machine properly this thing happens any one has any idea why this is happening this happens every time i turn on or restart my machine even after proper shut down and that too only to my F drive nbsp

A:Machine asks for scan disk for every start up

CHKNTFS.EXE

run chkdsk /f F: and let it run to completion at least once.
then go back and run chkntfs /d

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/machine-asks-for-scan-disk-for-every-start-up.110421/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,

I'm older, as are my eyes, and the type in HTML emails is difficult to read. I changed Outlook 2003 to display everything as Text so I can enlarge using my scroll wheel but the tons of hyperlinks detract.

My Windows menus and Firefox are 14 point for easy reading but I can't find an Outlook setting that applies to HTML messages.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

K2B

A:Enlarge type in HTML email

Have a read of this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=618919
It states Outlook2007, but should be similar (if not the same)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enlarge-type-in-html-email.108628/
Relevancy 23.65%

can someone give me a name of some free broadband access company? I know they are out there.

and don't tell me about goggle tisp that Aprils fool joke. internet through your toilet...lol

A:Free broadband?

I am not aware of any free providers, but I did read this article earlier this week and it gives a bit of an overview of where things stand in the U.S.

http://www.moconews.net/entry/419-f...band-network-despite-mounting-wi-fi-failures/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-broadband.107331/
Relevancy 23.65%

Free virtual memory?

what is free virtual memory?
and how do i get rid of old free virtual memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-video-memory.106711/
Relevancy 21.07%

I know it probably is, but I thought I would ask anyway. I got an email to 'Test' and 'Keep' a Dell XPS laptop. So what kind of scam is it?

A:Email Scam?

DON'T OPEN! If its not malware,it's a sales scam. Just label it spam and drive on.....Don

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-scam.102864/
Relevancy 22.79%

Yesterday I downloaded The sims free time and in order for it to work you need to have DirectX c so i downloaded it but its still not working and keeps on saying that i need to check that i have compatible graphic adapters and the correct drivers How do i know which graphic adapters are correct for me and - with adapter Sims2 time Graphic 9.0c Help free DirectX the correct drivers They write quot Failed to find any DirectX c compatible graphics adapters Graphic adapter DirectX 9.0c - Help with Sims2 free time in this system Please make sure you have a DirectX c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer The application will now terminate quot I checkt start run dx diag Everythink is enabled So I read in this forum try to find mine ati radeon xpress M series drivers I downloaded smth from HP link And nothing They wrote me that I should check VGA What is it Maybe my pc is too old It s HP Pavilion ze Display ATI RADION XPRESS M Dnow Ghz Memory Mb RAM approx total memory mb main drivers ati dvag dll years DDI version or highre I have windows XP professional Dnow Ghz So what s the problam And I add sims free time crack but it doesn t help nbsp

A:Graphic adapter DirectX 9.0c - Help with Sims2 free time

Finding Direct X

Go to run Menu and type,
dxdiag.
Do the tests.
Don't install older versions on game cd's,
Use ver 10 for Vista only.
Go here to update to latest 9 version.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-adapter-directx-9-0c-help-with-sims2-free-time.101035/
Relevancy 23.65%

hey all i m looking for a free recording program to transfer a huge heap of old LPs ya know vinyl records i d like to record them into mp format heres what i ve got equipment wise computers with a good sound cards turtle beach montego SB audigy stereo system pretty standard stuff it can output to standard recording software? Free speak wire quot banana clips quot whatever that is and standard mini jack male to male mini jack cables my concept was to plug the stereo into the computer via the M M cables headphone jack to microphone jack set the levels as appropriate then hit record on whatever program i can get my hands on so what free programs are out there ones Free recording software? that are actually worth recommending i mean that will record like Free recording software? that to mp or if a better way to record comes to mind i d be interested in that as well the one requirement is that it be very cheap or free i m doing this as a present for my parents its their records but i have basically no money to do it with maybe i could manage US if i scrounge around nbsp

A:Free recording software?

The program I use for audio editing is Audacity.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It is an amazingly popular open-source audio editor that really packs a punch. Just note that you'll need to download an additional .dll file to output in .mp3 format. Give it a try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-recording-software.100283/
Relevancy 32.25%

HI!
I have a Toshiba Satellite, that only allows 4 DVD zone changes before it refuses to change zones. I do a lot of travelling, and my computer is stuck in zone 2 now, when I usually live in Zone 4. Does anyone know any FREE (not free for 30 days) software that I can download to fix this problem?

A:Region free DVD player, free!

I wonder if you had an external (USB) DVD Drive set to region 4, and an internal drive set to 2 (actually I've never tried this, but it should work)
Ofcourse this is not free (and actually dearer than DVD Free software) but at least it avoids having another program running all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/region-free-dvd-player-free.99694/
Relevancy 19.78%

hey mates just got an offer of a free laptop don t have the exact specs yet but its intel dual core a gig or of ram at least gig hd its an dell business model again don t have exact specs just yet however being free it has a major problem it won t turn on at all no post nothing well i m not gonna turn down a chance to get a free laptop even if all i can do is scavenge it for parts so thoughts on what can cause that kind of problem my thoughts were motherboard fault serious power problem or power button broken i m hoping its this one can anyone else think of something else that would cause complete lack of free a is" "as laptop Fixing start up capability or ways to fix it go wild if i can t fix this Fixing a free "as is" laptop thing it will likely just go straight to the trash heap i ll update the post as i get new info nbsp

A:Fixing a free "as is" laptop

It's probably a blown motherboard... A salvaged hard drive or memory would be worth "free"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fixing-a-free-as-is-laptop.93019/
Relevancy 20.64%

Anyone else run into this issue?

We have 4 seperate computers running on a wireless network here at work. Recently we started having an issue where we can access the internet through email, but we can't pull the internet up via a web browser (IE). We end up having to click on the "repair" connection button for windows wireless over and over and over until it actully allows us to access the internet via the browser.

Have you experienced this? What is it all about?

A:Have email access...but can't pull internet up on browser

Hello, Mudshack, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try restarting the router by unplugging it, waiting about 10 seconds then plugging it in again. Make sure that the settings are saved on it though otherwise you'll have to put them all in again.

P.s. this should be in Storage & Networking forum really but i expect a mod will move it for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-email-access-but-cant-pull-internet-up-on-browser.89971/
Relevancy 24.51%

My comp in startup before windows loads shows:

1 week ago:
PLease wait for IDE Scan:
Device 1: Not Connected
Device 2: Not Connected
Device 3: Not Connected
Device 4: Not Connected

Now:
PLease wait for IDE Scan: (loads 4 times more slower)
Device 1: Dvd-cd UMdb2
Device 2: Dvram Umdb4
Device 3: Not Connected
Device 4: Not Connected

and it has now a strange noise (not a big noise but just a strange) one person suggested me that maybe is a graphic card defect
is this true?

A:Showing message PLease wait for IDE Scan

Not much information provided here. Hard to imagine what your rig is all about. New installs anywhere? New O.S.? When did this start? If you have the recovery disc (original Windows installation disc) you can run that and hopefully recover some semblance of a working program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/showing-message-please-wait-for-ide-scan.88574/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an X Model - Lexmark All-In-One printer that is just outside of the warranty period by three weeks Because of very limited use in the location where I initially installed it I recently moved it to another location several miles from the Lamp Lexmark Scan 8350 Stuck first location On plugging it in at the new location the print cartridges made their usual cycle to the center and back again but Lexmark 8350 Scan Lamp Stuck rather than the start button lighting up as it use to the lamp cable mechanism clicked - times on the left end of the bed and the cycle started over again with the print cartridges moving to Lexmark 8350 Scan Lamp Stuck the center and back again followed by lamp cable mechanism doing the clicking again And this sequence just repeats itself over and over again until I unplug the printer Upon closer examination I noticed that the lamp was quot stuck quot on the right end of the bed as opposed to being on the left end where it should be Any help of course would be greatly appreciated With thanks Gary French Syracuse New York syrocrat twcny rr com nbsp

A:Lexmark 8350 Scan Lamp Stuck

Hey Syocrat I don't know the answer to your problem, But I'd remove your name and email address from your post, post haste! You a lawyer? I've taken a few printers apart and returned them to service after cleaning clogged gears of paper or such. It sounds like to me that you either forgot to lock the printer before the move and it's possibly broken or you forgot to unlock the printer after the move and it may need to just be unlocked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexmark-8350-scan-lamp-stuck.86349/
Relevancy 20.21%

I'm just wondering, is this like a 2nd hard drive that I can put stuff in like I would with C:? Or is it another drive to put another OS on. I'm so confused.

A:hard drive filling up, other drive has 30gb free

It appears to be set up to take more "stuff" of whatever you want to store there. If you really wanted to, you could put another OS on the drive but do you really want to?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-filling-up-other-drive-has-30gb-free.84526/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey,
My free space on partition C is dropping automatically, it's now about 11 MB
although i'm using only about 30-40 GB from 58 GB....i made a scan from viruses and i didn't find any thing..
Thanx...

A:Free space problem

Open up the task manager and see if there are any processes you don't recognize. Also you could try to find a program (I've heard of several, never used them though) that tells you what folder(s) are using the most space on your hard drive.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-space-problem.84187/
Relevancy 21.07%

My husbands aunt has dial up, we set her email account up but now several months later it is telling her that someone else has that account and she is unable to send email, this is the 2nd time this has happened. How can this be fixed so it doesn't happen again?

A:email conflict in msn

Hi Twinkletla1 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

You dont say what email provider you have, if its with an ISP or with one such as MSN hotmail, Your thread title mentions MSN so I'll hazard a guess that she either hasnt used in for more than once in 30 days and as such the account has been shut down, this is to prevent unused accounts cluttering up the MSN server and filling with junk mail.

To keep a hotmail account active you have to login regularly, about once a fortnight at least.

If its another provider than please post back and let us know.

Whilst your here could you do me the honour of reading the threads below It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-conflict-in-msn.79168/
Relevancy 21.07%

I wonder if anyone can help. I have been receiving emails without any problems but when I try to open some of the attachments, all I get is a page of gobble-de-**** nonesense.

Someone suggested that I save these emails as a 'eml' insted of a 'txt'.

I have no idea what this means and even less of an idea of how to do it.

Can anyone help?....

Ali

A:help with email attachment

What e-mail program are you using?
What are these attachments supposed to be? (You should never open an attachment with unknown contents!)
Who sent you these letters and what e-mail program did they use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-email-attachment.77805/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey all

I recently bought a Leadtek DTV1000 TV Card, but had problems with the digital reception in my area. This card worked fine with my mother board. I traded it in for the DTV2000 for its analogue tuning.

I put the new card but i cant use the twin output on the Radeon 9600 any more. It says Code 12 - The device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.

I have removed my soundcard and my other PCI DSP Audio card to leave just the vid card and the TV Card in there to see if it would free up, but the error remains.

Any 1 got any suggestions???

PC Specs are.

p4 3gig
abit ic7 motherboard
1 gig ram
radeon 9600
M-audio delta 1010 Soundcard
Tc electronic Powercore PCI DSP Card

A:Radeon 9600 - Not enough free resources (code 12)???

From this thread:

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=38414#M38414

"Great news for me and I hope (and it should) work for you. What you need to do is go into the BIOS and under Advance Chipset Features you'll see AGP Aperture size. Mine was set at 128MB which is probably the default setting. Set it 256MB and all should be well again."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9600-not-enough-free-resources-code-12.77593/
Relevancy 18.92%

I ordered cable modem from quot Cox Communications quot it ll be here this monday and cable with free modem??? cable now im startin to think if its possible to get a splitter and run it to the tv and have quot basic cable quot i don t know if it will work but several people at my work-place says it free cable with cable modem??? does work right now i got DSL runnin off a router well my bros do im just using theres for now and the router splits up and goes into other rooms and im a downloader lol and everytime start downloadin something my bros or step-dad comes in my room and starts bitchin about the internet being to slow free cable with cable modem??? so i end up pausing the download and have to wait until everybody gets settled down for bed ya know everybodys been there before lol thats why i decided to make the switch to cable modem i mean its faster free cable with cable modem??? uh faster oh and more faster lol AND hence the idea of watchin tv while i got a download goin ya know so if its possible to get basic cable with just only being suscribed to cable modem that would be kick ya know lol so any help on this would be great thanks nbsp

A:free cable with cable modem???

Hmmm......

I'm not certain you're allowed this line of "investigation" in this forum. But by all means, hang out and wait for a second opinion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-cable-with-cable-modem.75729/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any tools available on the internet to trace an email.It's a junk mail.Please help.

A:Tools for email trace

You can check e-mail headers via the options button while in an e-mail. Copy and paste the text from one and we'll see if we can trace its origin (blank out any important network information to do with yourself or your company such as public IP address if you like).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tools-for-email-trace.74023/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi,

Ive had Bt wireless broadband for quite some time now and ive recently been meaning to create a website on my hobbies etc. Ive heard that in some packages BT provide free web hosting space and a domain in some.

Is this true?

Thanks in advance.
James.

A:Do i get free web hosting space and domain with bt broadband?

You should find the answers to your questions HERE.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-get-free-web-hosting-space-and-domain-with-bt-broadband.72053/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, I wondered if someone could help. What the problem is i have a Epson Stylus CX3650 all in one printer and when i clcik on epson scan it comes up with epson scan cannot be started. Please use the troubleshooting assistant to solve the problem. Do you want to open the troubleshooting assistant ?

Thanks StuLeeds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-scan-cannot-be-started.72043/
Relevancy 20.64%

It just happend a week ago Internet became terribly slow many websites - about of them - don t load at all page not found and I can t send Email - only recieve MSN Messenger either connects or not it depends if it feels like doing so In addition Start- gt Run- gt cmd- gt ipconfig had displayed quot ipconfig quot is load, Email don't can't Websites send not recognized as an external or internal command and something with a Websites don't load, can't send Email batch file I was fixed by going to My Computer- gt Properties- gt Advanced- gt Enviroment Variables- gt Path and editing Websites don't load, can't send Email it to c windows system Before changing it had been something with Quicktime which was fully uninstalled afterwards My Specs AMD X GTX Extreme MB DFI LanParty Ultra-D OCZ GB X - - - WD GB RPM ENERMAX Watt DMark Using NOD Sygate Firewall Adaware Regvac Registry Mechanic Tuneup Utilities Whats the problem I ve tried uninstalling the Ethernet drivers and reinstalling didn t work My computer is virus and spyware-free and well-protected What could go wrong nbsp

A:Websites don't load, can't send Email

refer to this tutorial

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/websites-dont-load-cant-send-email.71253/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am trying to discover whether anyone has found a way to download a driver for the hp officejet 4215xi that activates the scan feature of this all-in-one printer. I have tried the driver from this site three or four times. I have used the hp online chat support twice. I have uninstalled the hp drivers, and reinstalled the drivers, but I still get a message that tells me "the scan feature is not installed". Any thoughts will be helpful, and sent to my email [[email protected]] would be appreciated. Thanks! Edd

A:Driver needed for the scan feature of hp officejet 4215xi.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=351109&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

there is a link to all the drivers for it on the hp website. also, what operating system are you using? this will better help us to diagnose the problem further.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-needed-for-the-scan-feature-of-hp-officejet-4215xi.70792/
Relevancy 23.65%

Is there a free partition tool?

A:Free partition tool

make a system boot disk and run fdisk lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-partition-tool.70407/
Relevancy 23.22%

January Computerworld -- The next time you re at BEWARE of access! WiFi Free an airport looking for a wireless hot spot and you see one called quot Free Wi-Fi quot or a similar name beware -- you may end up being victimized by the latest hot-spot scam hitting airports across the country You could end up being the BEWARE of Free WiFi access! target of a quot man in the middle quot attack in which a hacker is able to steal the information you send over the Internet including usernames and passwords And you could also have your BEWARE of Free WiFi access! files and identity stolen end up with a spyware-infested PC and have your PC turned into a spam-spewing zombie The attack could even leave your laptop open to hackers every time you turn it on by allowing anyone to connect to it without your knowledge If you re a Windows Vista user you re especially susceptible to this attack because of the difficulty in identifying it when using Vista In this article you ll learn how the attack works and how to keep yourself safe from it if you use Windows XP or Vista For details see the article nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/beware-of-free-wifi-access.70154/
Relevancy 18.06%

http www shoprbc com ca shop configurator php cgid I m on ABOUT a not inc tax and not REALLY that low budget but that isn t SOLID though if I find something worth breaking my budget OR YOU suggest that I will be very happy with a particular item and I d have to break my budget I m also trying to sell an old HP Pavilion just to generate a few extra bucks And I don t want to sound like I m complaining so don t take it like that but I m in a wheelchair which is WHY I have to do work that I can :) QUOTE! QUOTE EMAIL decide ME shops THE and This me help page; sit down in and I DO spend A LOT of time in front of my PC so MY PC is very important to me which is why I m This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :) asking for your help with this AND I think if you read the very end of this post I have a fun way for you to help me out Now I want to do multimedia and a BIT of gaming I m going in to Media Design maybe even GAME DESIGN itself in school next year this is why I need a new machine so I need to be able to for example run TWO extremely CPU intensive apps at the same time like a multitrack mixer and a track editor so I know I m pretty much having to go with the duel core SO I already have a case the simple black anatec one everyone else bought when it came out in and they just have to put in a new PSU for me for the bit mobo I also already have piles of disk drives and a DVD writer that is just fine So now I m PRETTY sure that I want to go with a DUEL CORE because I ll need it for my multimedia work And I m very familier with the ASUS products already so I d probably just want to stick with them but if there is something less expensive that is MORE suited to my work then please suggest it RAM I do not BELIEVE is an issue though I could be wrong but I was just going to go with the basic g After I ve picked my chip and board up all I need to do is pick a graphics card and a sound card for my multimedia work and yes I understand that with my budget I m trying to put together a pro machine and its difficult to do that But my basic idea is that since I m just a starter multimedia artist and not a pro I don t NEED the PRO version of what a pro would use and pay for right NOW anyways so what I m trying to do is get the smaller cheaper version of the machine I would WANT to own when I got out of school and was working The baby version of the monster I would get when I m really working I know its hard with my budget but don t forget that I m in Canada and I m going to get taxed to death when I buy this So can you help me configure the Chip Preferably DUEL CORE but if that is what is driving up my price too high all the time then I THINK I can deal with single for now though I may regreat that Mobo there are some odd chipsets out there now why do ATI and NVidea have chipsets does that mean I don t need the card anymore and if I AM going to get a Radon X-card of some type then can t I save money but NOT getting a board with the onboard stuff RAM was just going to go generic gig providing it works Video card is it REALLY needed in some of these mobos these days that have the integrated stuff otoh isn t the integrated stuff not that good and shouldn t I just get a quot plain quot mobo with lots of slots and buy cards instead - I DO plan on buying a VIDEO card so well see Sound card cheapest that I can attach a MIDI piano to later or I ll do that more seriously and again see PSU How much power am I going to need Sometimes because I have SO MANY USB things plugged I think I already run low on power A SO all I m asking YOU GUYS to help me with is deciding on the best motherboard and chipset platform to work everything else off of and IF I should even bother in some cases getting the cards if integrated chips if I DO PLAN on buying an ATI PCI-E video card and insert brand sound card anyways I ve NOT been keeping track of this stuff much anymore just only have time for so many quot tech quot hobbies so I just do not know what m... Read more

A:This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :)

i would go with an intel core2 duo processor, asus 680i motherboard, and at least a gig of corsair DDR2 800 ram, in dual channel config. i reccomend two smaller hard drives as apposed to one big one, so you could run them in a fast raid 0 array. raid 0 combines the capacities of the disks involved, so two 160GB drives would give you single 320GB volume. as for the power supply...go with a name brand (that's important for pretty much all computer parts) known for quality, such as antec or PC power & cooling.

if you get a single video card, i would say get the antec neopower 550w, which is quiet, efficient, and supports modular cabling.

as for the USB usage you mentioned, your USB controller (mobo) is going to be the limiting factor in determining how much power can be drawn.

i would edit your post and remove your email address, this is a public webpage and can be viewed by anyone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-shops-quote-page-help-me-decide-and-email-me-the-quote.65245/
Relevancy 23.22%

hi
this is my first post here. I want to overclock my celeron 1.7Ghz CPU. It can be done in jumperfree mode. but I dont know how to go to jumperfree mode. dose it means that remove the CLRTC1 jumper?

A:Jumper free mode of asus P$SGX-MX

overclocking celeron 1.7 GHz

Please can any1 help me to go to the jumperfree mode of ASUS P4SGX-MX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jumper-free-mode-of-asus-p-sgx-mx.61799/
Relevancy 20.64%

new build/ pros and cons /please

New build? This may not be the greatest, however the price seemed right for a first time build. Biostar Gforce 6100 M9 nvidia socket939 with heat sink on the nvidia 4 chip. Atholn64 3200+ Venice. Kingston dual channel 512 pc3200 ddr 400mhz 2x256. Thermaltake 430w ps I'm open to any thoughts, so my next will be better PS: Its for my 14 year old daughter who mainly does Im, email, music, Surfing, my space ect Thank you Kirk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-daughter-im-email-music-basic.61249/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have Asus MB and Maxtor HDD A friend of mine got his system infected with more than a hundred different viruses so i voluntered to reinstal his OS but during both Maxtor detected IDE scan, or is in either but in not Bios he needed his folders to be saved Maxtor is either detected in Bios or during IDE scan, but not in both I removed his Maxtor and connected it to my computer via USB copied necessary files and formatted the drive the stupidest thing ever started when I tried to install fresh WinXP During IDE scan Neither one of the drives was found HDD DVDRoms I checked everything again and rebooted in to the BIOS and a miracle all drives were on their corresponding places Too early to celebrate as soon as I reboot machine IDE scan doesn t find any drive and a happy message no master HDD detected appeares I googled this issue and found out that my jumper setting might be messed up so I tried diffferen jumper settting even disconnected DVDRMS- nothing as it supposed to be I didn t touch jumper during my USB operations I tried differnt cable -nothing as soon as I changed the IDE slot on the MB the IDE scan perfectly found Maxtor as a master and the DVDs as primary slave and secondary master respectively BUT it didn t want to boot from my copy of WinXP I rebooted into the BIOS again just to check if I accidently changed settings on DVDs when messing up with setting trying to find my HDD AND WHAT I SAW no master no slave nothing absolutelly nothing I thought that I somehow ruined HDD but as soon as I connected it to my computer it was perfectly fine I tried one of my HDDs on the system with the same result I am rather positive that MB is fine after all operations I setted BIOS to default settings I have some sort of theory but unable to prove it did anybody herd of any virus changing BIOS I didn t Assumption is made for reason that during scan Avast found more than a hundred viruses nbsp

A:Maxtor is either detected in Bios or during IDE scan, but not in both

Hi

I dont quite get your post, I think old age means I lose the plot the more I read, but I think you may be getting confused a bit.

First, in many BIOS's you have the option to "Autodetect" the HD's and to set them as fixed.

So if set to Autodetect the HD's will show in the IDE detection screen , but wont be listed in BIOS, and if you set them up in BIOS then only those set to Autodetect will show up in the IDE detection part of the POST, you with me still ???

Now remove all the drives and make sure the BIOS is set to "autodetect" the drives.

Add the HD that will house the OS and boot up the PC, check the HD shows as the Primary Master in the POST IDE detection.

As for the DVD's add only one for now, until XP is installed, some DVD's\CD's can conflict and cause a failure to boot from DVD\CD, again make sure the chosen DVD is atapi compatible (if not it wont work as a bootable DVD) and that it is set to Master on the Secondary Channel.

Should you have any queries please submit them in triplicate signed by both your parents and counter signed by your grandparents, all comments are my own ideas and may conflict with others.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maxtor-is-either-detected-in-bios-or-during-ide-scan-but-not-in-both.59081/
Relevancy 23.65%

Well, basically, I'm using a Dell Dimension 4550 on Windows XP Home(Yeah, I know, old as hell) and I'm a huge computer n00b. Someone told me that I should get a new Hard Disk Drive? I've been searching forums, but I don't know what hard drive I should get and if it's compatible with my computer or not. Help would be extremely appreciated, since I literally have less than 500MB left out of 74.4GB.

Thanks in advanced!

A:Low on Free Space!

More info! Basically all that's needed is either the Dell model number, or the motherboard model(doubted since dell is known for non standard boards).

Or, if you know, does it support SATA drives or strictly IDE?

Regardless; Seagate is an extremely good brand to buy HDD's from, Maxtor is one I'd stay away from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-on-free-space.54509/
Relevancy 23.65%

i currently use limewire to download music, dvds and games. however, it can often be slow, unaccurate and basically not up 2 scratch. does any1 know of an alternative that i get can free dvds, mp3's and games from that is any better than limewire?
thanx
:>
x

A:best place to download free?

i dunno wat that is??

i dont suppose u could explain wat a bittorrent is??
sorry im only just startin 2 learn all this stuff lol
:>
x

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-place-to-download-free.57627/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm playing a game, and it won't let me save, when all that it requires is 90kb free. When I try another card in the other slot, it doesn't read that it is there. On the browser, however, both are reading and both have enough memory to save the program. Is something corrupted? Please Help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-memory-card-for-ps2-wont-let-me-save-with-64-000kb-free-or-so-it-says.57476/
Relevancy 25.37%

I've been instructed by the IT guy at work to try sfc /scannow to try and find out why my pc was acting odd the other day.

where do i start?where do i type the command ect?

If you could explain it like you would to a small child that would help!

A:sfc scan now?

Go to your start menu, select the option for "Run"

In the new window that opens, type "cmd" and click OK

here, type what your IT guy told you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sfc-scan-now.29745/
Relevancy 19.78%

my current setting of virtual memory is 745mb which is the default for 500mb i have.

i have a little program that shows memory and virtual memory, i see while in windows about 256 is beeing used in my memory stick and 256 in virtual.

why is the slow virtual memory working before i ran out of good and fast memory stick?

A:virtual memory, why is it beeing used while i still have free memory?

" XP REQUIRES "backing storage" for EVERYTHING it keeps in RAM.
Virtual Memory is always in use.All processess gets virtual memory addresses
(a Virtual Address Space) no matter how much RAM is actually installed on the computer."

"Memory allocation in is a two-step process--virtual memory addresses are reserved first, and committed second...The reservation process is simply a way NT tells the Memory Manager to reserve a block of virtual memory pages to satisfy other memory requests by the process...There are many cases in which an application will want to reserve a large block of its address space for a particular purpose (keeping data in a contiguous block makes the data easy to manage) but might not want to use all of the space."

In other words,that virtual memory to which you refer,is only allocated memory,not necessarily
paged memory.

The thing you really want to know,is the actual pagefile usage.Use this programHERE

Further reading HERE and HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-memory-why-is-it-beeing-used-while-i-still-have-free-memory.52435/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have got an hp6110 all-in-one printer which fails on initialization with a message, scan unit failure. the scan unit motor keeps moving when it gets to the end resulting in the error message.
any help would be appreciated. i cant afford a new printer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-all-in-one-printer-scan-unit-failure.49734/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm looking for a way to trace a spammer, legally, with legal intent.
The isp would be great.
attatched is txt I've gotten already.
Thanks for any help.

A:Can yahoo email be traced?

if emails come to a mail client like thunderbird ot mozilla you can view the whole content
view message source
that may get you origin
thunderbird and mozilla only
I don't know bout IE or messenger

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-yahoo-email-be-traced.48254/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello from newbie to this forum After searching threads I could not find solution for this particular and perplexing problem I have a small network as follows Winxp pc Win kpro pc G Mac All connected through SMC Barricade router which is connected to adsl modem Sprint The problem is that the Win pc has lost ability to connect to internet through any browser IE FF Moz Opera I can send and receive email use my ftp program to connect to remote servers and upload download files and can move files from my Mac to PC via Dave client software Here is what I have tried so far powered off everything then powered up modem router pc bypassed router hooked pc directly to modem disabled firewalls uninstalled reinstalled tcp ip uninstalled reinstalled nic replaced nic with known good one use internet, out email, ping can receive Cannot can access FTP, replaced cat cable I can access internet with the winxp computer Cannot access internet, can receive email, use FTP, can ping out using it now I can ping from win computer to this computer and mac can ping router and modem from win pc can ping loopback and ip address from win pc ipconfig shows that I am being assigned an address all pcs on net have same subnet mask address I cannot ping the win pc from the mac or the winxp machine I have also run WinsockFix exe I have deep scanned with Norton for viruses I have run Adaware and MS spyware Still no joy I would appreciate any suggestions nbsp

A:Cannot access internet, can receive email, use FTP, can ping out

May sound daft, but have you ran the Internet connection wizard, sometimes it just fixes things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-internet-can-receive-email-use-ftp-can-ping-out.46962/
Relevancy 22.79%

Here disk sata acknowledged space not being Free s a new one for you guys I have three sata hard drives in my primary computer WinXp acknowledges all three All three drives have the appropriate quot total quot hard disk space posted in explorer and everywhere else for that matter The problem is the free space I can have for instance gigs of free space on a drive or partition I can create copy a -gig file on to that drive or partition delete it and explorer Free sata disk space not being acknowledged will show only -gig free disk space Copying or creating files on to that drive or partition will continue to consume the space until space runs out Deleting files doesn t make a difference I cannot recover the free disk space unless I reformat the drive or partition I have Free sata disk space not being acknowledged tried performing a clean install of XP updating the motherboard bios and updating motherboard drivers None of which have worked so far Any insight as to what is going on Unless I can pinpoint the problem I have resigned myself to the fact that a new motherboard may be the only solution Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Free sata disk space not being acknowledged

free sata

did you empty recycle bin?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-sata-disk-space-not-being-acknowledged.46468/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi

i just got a new pc a couple of months ago. everything was working fine until this week the conexant modem stoped working.

this is the error message:
-------------------------------------------------------
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

-------------------------------------------------------

i tried reinstalling the driver but the problem persists. the weird thing is that i havent installed any new hardware or software. it just popped out of the blue..

any help will be appreciated

thanks

A:conexant modem "cannot find enough free resources"

Go into the Device manager/conexant/properties/resources and see if it tells you anything useful.Are you totally sure you haven`t installed/uninstalled any software/hardware.
System Restore might be useful for troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/conexant-modem-cannot-find-enough-free-resources.46068/
Relevancy 25.37%

I start my computer and it loads normally till it goes to a screen where it says "IDE scan" then it will have some words saying:
Drive 0 - not detected
Drive 1 - not detected

But before it is detected. I dont know why it is now not detected. Anyone know how i can fix this? I went on some other forum and they said its a RAID driver but I totally dont know what it is about.

My mother board is ASUS P5LD2-VM with a 160GB harddrive 2gb ram.

Please help me out here.
thanks

A:IDE Scan Problem

More information about the setup of your machine would help.
Are you running SATA HDD where are Roms located etc.
Check Bios settings and Website for upgrades/conflicts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ide-scan-problem.44775/
Relevancy 21.5%

Following 2 re-installs of SBS2003 on my Dell 400SC server none of the workstations on our network are able to send emails via Exchange server.
The error message that keeps coming up is:-
"553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"
I'm pretty sure this is just a setup issue but having searched several other forums there seems to be several opinions as to the cause of this error.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
All the workstations are running XP Pro (SP2) and using Outlook 2003 for email. :blackeye:

A:Email not being sent

Normally this would be an incorrect DNS configuration on a Windows Server. Check your event viewer. If there are DNS errors, you may want to resolve those first. If you DNS is clean, you still may want to use the IP address of your Mail Server instead of the domain name. Additionally, something I've run into in the past is some ISP's only allow sending of mail within so many seconds of POP3 authentication. I believe QWest does this. This is their way of preventing relaying but it screwed me up seeing how they provide our connectivity but my POP3 email is with another company that houses our domain so I never downloaded POP3 from Qwest. It could be that username and password authentication are required to get around this. I'm not sure where that setting is but I'll try to remember to look on my server at work tomorrow. If I find anything good, I'll let you know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-not-being-sent.43606/
Relevancy 24.51%

Can someone help.....I have a palm pilot with a MP3 player...songs are loaded onto a scan disk.......the majority of the songs are favorites from my CD collection......I have purchased a Sirius S50 Radio with a built in MP3 player......when I try to transfer the files to the new unit I get a message that the songs cannot be moved because they are write-protected........can I remove the write protection in my computer..........thks

A:Write Protection on Scan Disk

First off what is a "scan disk" do u mean SANDISK? as in a flash memory card?

if u mean SANDISK, the sandisk it not write protected. The sirius radio on the other hand, You may want to read the manual first and make sure it will let you import non-XM created files. This would be a DRM issue. Cracking DRM would be hacking as opposed to tech support so if that is your goal you may want to google around for information on your model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/write-protection-on-scan-disk.43535/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi guys, i'm new here, and I need some help badly. Up untill now, my dvd-ram drive has been working perfectly, reading any type of disc with no fuss. All of a sudden, it now decides that it does not want to play or read audio cds properly. in my computer, it says the cd is no 0 bytes big, and there is 0 bytes free. When i look on the cd, all the files are worth 44 bytes, and they display as 1kb respectively.

I have had this problem once before, but managed to sort it out, but now i can not remember the method to sort it out.

please help!

A:"Audio CD: 0 bytes used, free space: 0 bytes" problem

Welcome to TechSpot

SoapSud said:

Hi guys, i'm new here, and I need some help badly. Up untill now, my dvd-ram drive has been working perfectly, reading any type of disc with no fuss. All of a sudden, it now decides that it does not want to play or read audio cds properly.Click to expand...

Did you install something CD/DVD related? Or did you try to play a copy-protected CD?

in my computer, it says the cd is no 0 bytes big, and there is 0 bytes free. When i look on the cd, all the files are worth 44 bytes, and they display as 1kb respectively.Click to expand...

That part looks normal to me (at least in Windows).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-cd-0-bytes-used-free-space-0-bytes-problem.43262/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi people I ve thought long and hard about the pieces I should purchase in order to make my computer but it seems I m pretty undecided about some of the more vital parts Feel free to voice anything Please Dilemma: to Choosing free Help Parts! Need feel HELP you d like in relation to my PC thanks Processor AMD Opteron Note I plan on OC ing this to - Ghz from it s stock at Ghz I mean if someone has insane mathematical and technological ability care to tell me what I should OC at to maintain optimum performance from my G SKILL while achieving the highest possible performance from my CPU Motherboard DFI Lanparty ASUS A N-SLI DFI LP DFI nF SLI ASUS A N-SLI Premium Note Which one I mean if there s another one that you think would work great - please mention it Memory G SKILL Extreme Series DDR x GB Sticks Video Card eVGA GT Dilemma: Need Help Choosing Parts! Please feel free to HELP Mb Hard Drive WD Caviar GB Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Drive NEC Black CD DVD Writer Drive SONY DVD-ROM Thanks Rod nbsp

A:Dilemma: Need Help Choosing Parts! Please feel free to HELP

looks like a great system, but why would you wantan opterion prossor, as they are manly used for servers, as for motherboards they all look great

good luck with the build

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dilemma-need-help-choosing-parts-please-feel-free-to-help.39765/
Relevancy 23.22%

Should I do this? or is it too much?
http://www.xfxforce.com/web/marketing/promotion.jspa?refId=73479&promoId=48202

It is for only one game, but I love the ww2 games cuz I have tons of family (some dead) that were in it so the mroe real the better!! Today is today because of this war. Hail .. USA!

A:want new 7800gt cuz COD2 games free

If you need a graphics card(and can afford a 7800gt) and want the game, yeah it'd probably be a good deal, but if you just want the game and already have a decent system, here you go.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832133138

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-new-7800gt-cuz-cod2-games-free.36416/
Relevancy 20.64%

ehy guys i am at a cafe in austin trying to send emails from a wireless connection, it says i have excellent connection but am unable to send, can receive email but not send, pls help

A:trying to send email from wireless connection

"unable to send" means what? What program are you using? What kind of a mail account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-send-email-from-wireless-connection.33104/
Relevancy 20.64%

hi helpful people, i recently (yesterday) installed Verizon DSL and have no problems with it except that when i access my Yahoo mail it takes frustratingly forever to download anything. When i used my old ISP again, as i haven't cancelled it yet, Yahoo worked fine. So i contacted Verizon who told me it was either a Yahoo problem or a computer problem??? When i informed them that it only started when i installed their software, and went away when i used my other ISP, they inferred i was some kind of ignorant *****. They were absolutely no help. So what gives? Am i some kind of ignorant *****, or could it indeed be Verizon stuffing it up? Everything else downloads fine. Could it be that i have mainly Australian Yahoo email addresses, thereby creating some sort of spam problem? I appreciate your help.
Thanks
Doz

A:Yahoo email problems with verizon dsl

it could be many things, but let's start with some basics.
You mentioned Verizon DSL, implying a telephone connection rather than
a cable. Secondly, how do you access your original ISP; dial-up?

Started after loading their software -- what does that package do?
Is it like AOL which presents the whole interface of a browser (totally unnecessary).

With the DSL modem in place, I would bet you could just start any browser and
it would access the Internet just fine - - including your Yahoo Email. Once your
computer has IP, Gateway and DNS addresses, your good to go and all programs
which have tcp/ip ability will run without knowing how or who(the isp) got
installed or configured.

you can verify your tcp thus;
run->enter the word
cmd
hit enter
then type
ipconfig /all

results look like
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : xxxx.adelphia.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-B1-3C-CC-1D
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . ... . . . : 192.168.0.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.111.16.30
Lease Obtained. . . . . . .. . . : Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:39:49 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . .. . . : Monday, January 18, 2038 8:14:07 PM

but your specifics will be unique to Verizon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yahoo-email-problems-with-verizon-dsl.30697/
Relevancy 22.36%

My Internal 'SONY CD-RW CRX100E' drive was freezing and making coasters at the lead-out stage when using Nero6. I deleted the program (uninstall file was corrupt), and have since tried (with a number of blank cds) to burn files just under 700mb with the windows xp cd writing wizard. Each time I get the following message:

Cannot Complete the CD Writing Wizard

This CD does not have enough free space for all
your files. There is 595 MB free space on the disc,
and 699 MB to be written. To continue, please
reduce the total amount to be written by 104 MB.

This is a pain in the ***. I haven't interfered with any hardware since it started playing up so i'm thinking it must be a driver or device settings problem. I'd be grateful of some technical advice.

Thanks,
-rob.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-cd-writing-wizard-reports-false-value-for-free-space-on-blank-discs.31699/