Windows Support Forum

Free open software, that encrypts files using open pgp?

Q: Free open software, that encrypts files using open pgp?

I am searching for recommanded free open source software, that handles open pgp encryption.
I do not know what to call the software, so instead I will describe it.

I am looking for software, that can make open pgp keys, import public keys, and encrypt and decrypt open pgp encrypted files. Not as part of an email client, like thunderbird and enigmail.
If you fx have received an open pgp encrypted file, encrypted using your own public key, you
should be able to decrypt the file.
Same way, you should be able to open pgp encrypt a file on your computer, using an imported public
key, and then send the file.
Like axcrypt, but using open pgp keys.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Free open software, that encrypts files using open pgp?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Free open software, that encrypts files using open pgp?

Try this:

Free PGP Encryption Tool | Download GoAnywhere OpenPGP Studio

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/309825-free-open-software-encrypts-files-using-open-pgp.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I came across this on the net and thought I would share it. Has anyone tried it? It looks robust. The features on it blows away Openvpn. SoftEther VPN Project.... https://www.softether.org/  I will spin up a box and definitely be trying this out.

A:Came across this Free Open source VPN server software.

interesting, thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532781/came-across-this-free-open-source-vpn-server-software/
Relevancy 76.54%

My computer has problems:

* Very slow processing
* Internet Explorer cannot read video files and cannt open any files to be downloaded
* firefox is no longer working

I ran HijackThis and I am uploading the resulting log file

I would really appreciate if you could get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you !!
Guy Gaudreault
Gatineau
Canada
[email protected]

A:IE can't open video files, can't open attachment files; Firefox not working; computer very slow

Hi , I am uploading the DDS output.

thank you.
Guy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222252/ie-cant-open-video-files-cant-open-attachment-files;-firefox-not-working;-computer-very-slow/
Relevancy 76.11%

I need some help in finding a software that i can use to view .ai files. Would appreciate any assistance.

A:Software to open .ai files

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/ai

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-to-open-ai-files.966708/
Relevancy 75.25%

Thank you all in advance for your time and intellect in helping me with this problem This or Can't software, install .exe open files is my first time posting on a forum but I have Can't install software, or open .exe files for years used an appreciated this precious resource I have worked with computers for many years and am not a pro with them but very handy My wife on her laptop acquired a trojan virus system security I was able to get rid of it with my computer's virus scanner through sharing center After that I tried to open every other program but it comes up with quot open with quot box and I can't open it The only way I can open programs is if Can't install software, or open .exe files I quot run as administrator quot Then I Tried to install another program on the computer but I am unable to install ANY program I even had to run as admin just to open snip tool I see that I have posted before It's just been so long that I forgot about it

A:Can't install software, or open .exe files

Hello Vipomorge,

Downloading and merging the exe option in the tutorial below may be able to fix this for you. It will restore the default associations for exe files.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

In addition, I would recommend to do a full scan of your system with Malwarebytes free just to help make sure that your system is clean.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/207977-cant-install-software-open-exe-files.html
Relevancy 75.25%

hi all, I really need some quick help if anyone could that would be awesome...I need to be able to open an email attachment for a .tif file and print it out....anyone know of some free ones? I am using Win XP...thanks much dano

A:Help! need software to open and print .TIF files....

Heck, if you just need to open a tif. Paint will do it, and that is part of Windows.
There are tons of decent freeware image viewers, though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-need-software-to-open-and-print-tif-files.678839/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I apologise in advance if there is a thread already related to this I just bought a new windows installed latpop I used internet explorer to files won't downloaded software open download firefox and proceeded to install flash office trial java flash has been crashing all week in firefox I then installed skip metro suite downloaded software files won't open settings to disable charm and uninstalled flash BUT now when i try to download software - i've tried flash spotify and fb skype function thus far nothing happens when i click on it even in the containing folder the wait icon swirls for a bit then no action i've tried restarting and ending processes through task bar clicking on the downloaded software files won't open run as administrator button which takes me to the usual warning do you want this program to make changes blah blah blah but when i press ok still nothing happens i've also tried using internet explorer as the initial place of download I'm really confused as to why it's doing this help please and thankyou

A:downloaded software files won't open

As you are saying the softwares are not installing properly, might be the chances you are downloading the old version of softwares which have compatibility issues with the WIN 8

WHAT YOU CAN DO IS FIRST OF ALL DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION OF SOFTWARES
THEN RIGHT CLICK ON THEN TO INSTALL & CLICK ON TROUBLESHOOT COMPATIBILITY.
THEN INSTALL

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12444-downloaded-software-files-wont-open.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all, I'm new here and sure could use some help. Somehow I was infected with a nasty virus, but I think I managed to clean it up, or at least I think so. However, now I cannot do many things on my computer. I can't upload files to email, I can't change the wallpaper or screensaver on my computer, I can't open any .exe files, and most programs will not open.

I've tried many internet searches for these problems and tried to run various scans and registry fixes, but nothing seems to work. I'd really rather not use the repair install cd but I'm afraid I might have to.

So, it seems to me that files are corrupted and something is blocking me from using my computer. It is very frustrating and I could sure use your advice. Thank you.

A:Can't open most programs, upload files, change settings, or open .exe files

Oh and please don't ask me to download any .exe files, because I can't run them!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356644/cant-open-most-programs-upload-files-change-settings-or-open-exe-files/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi i recently dowloaded something that apeared to be normal but it has turned out to be a virus When i opened the file it said it had to be opened with a programm The only one on the list was Curse AVG install let .exe Virus? open or anyother software Won't view files or me AV or Client so i clicked that When i did that most of the files on my desktop changed picture to a white file with the curse client logo on it Now there is a constant loading arrow up and i cannot access any of these files I can only play some games like MW or TF I can get onto Mozzilla Firefox by clicking on Online Support Virus? Won't let me open .exe files or view or install AVG or anyother AV software in My Computer I also Virus? Won't let me open .exe files or view or install AVG or anyother AV software cannot install or open any exe files like TSG SysInfo so i cannot open or install any AV software like AVG or Virus? Won't let me open .exe files or view or install AVG or anyother AV software Malwarebytes Also when i go into Task Manager to see if i can stop the process with the virus i find Curse Client there even though i have un-installed and when i try to end process it always says the operation could not be completed Its as if all the exe programms are trying to run through curse client Please help Windows i gt Thanks Stuart nbsp

A:Virus? Won't let me open .exe files or view or install AVG or anyother AV software

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-wont-let-me-open-exe-files-or-view-or-install-avg-or-anyother-av-software.947792/
Relevancy 72.24%

Can someone PLEASE help me, I have an Ebook on php id like to use.
XP sp2
:-/

A:.chm files will NOT open, they ask me to save or open again when i open them.

Always use Google as a first port of call, you'd have found this immediately:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312456

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chm-files-will-not-open-they-ask-me-to-save-or-open-again-when-i-open-them.29734/
Relevancy 72.24%

I had started a thread earlier here, called "Cannot change name of New Folder. Can't add Search Provider".

Well, I reset the system to a System Restore that was quite old, and the renaming of folders problem seems to have gone away (at least for now). However, what is really bothering me is that IE11 is keeping track of every file I open on my computer, and when I click on the entry in History, it opens the file!

I have disconnected the computer from the internet, but desperately need help in terms of what to do!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie11-records-files-i-open-on-computer-history-can-open-file.1165307/
Relevancy 71.81%

Download a free program called ExplorerXP at www.explorerxp.com/ and it works like XP version except use keyboard enter to actually open the unlimitied number of files highlighted.

Last night had folder with over 4000 files needed opened to execute them and load them into a program. No issues. Otherwise, win 7 and above allow only 15 at a time.

Worth donating to the provider of software!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398859-solved-open-multiple-files-open-option-win-explorer.html
Relevancy 71.81%

WOw. Weird problem going on here. I have no idea what may have caused this, but anyway, basically what is happening here is that now whenever I double click a music file from my "my music" folder nothing happens. It goes to the little hourglass thingy like its thinking for a split second and then nothing happens. The file won't open.

So this was pissing me off. I have no idea why I can't open my music files in a simple manner any longer.

The other thing is that they will open fine if WMP (my default player) is already open. If WMP is just sitting there in the background and I double click an audio file it opens without a problem, but if nothing is open and I double click on an MP3 it does nothing.

What's Going On Here???

A:Music Files No Longer Open With Double Click Unless WMP Is Already Open

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-files-no-longer-open-with-double-click-unless-wmp-is-already-open.302739/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello Trying to correct and install the macro below doing what i can to follow the Tech instructions but falling flat on my face all the time http www exceltip com st Determine if a file is in use using VBA in Microsoft Excel html this is files to to i Solved: both if close editing. Open open want i can't two what i have done with the comments on the page which are not clear i am looking to open two files and if i am not able to open both then i want everything Solved: two files to Open editing. if i can't open i want to close both to stop and the file that has opened to close again My files quot Solved: two files to Open editing. if i can't open i want to close both G Business Groups BBP Costing Log New costing Log mainsheet xls quot quot G Business Groups BBP Costing Log New costing Log mainsheet xls quot this is the web coding that was directed to me - in red is what i have added and i am getting no joy at all What am i doing wrong Function FileAlreadyOpen FullFileName As String As Boolean returns True if FullFileName is currently in use by another process example If FileAlreadyOpen quot G Business Groups BBP Costing Log New costing Log mainsheet xls quot Then Dim f As Integer f FreeFile On Error Resume Next Open quot G Business Groups BBP Costing Log New costing Log mainsheet xls quot For Binary Access Read Write Lock Read Write As f Close f If an error occurs the document is currently open If Err Number lt gt Then FileAlreadyOpen True Err Clear MsgBox quot Error quot amp Str Err Number amp quot - quot amp Err Description Else FileAlreadyOpen False End If On Error GoTo End Function nbsp

A:Solved: two files to Open editing. if i can't open i want to close both

You will to do a dual test:
if one is true then exit

your code ....
FullFileName1="G:\Business Groups\BBP Costing Log\New costing Log\mainsheet.xls""
FullFileName2="G:\Business Groups\BBP Costing Log\New costing Log\mainsheet1.xls"
if FileAlreadyOpen(FullFileName1) = true or FileAlreadyOpen(FullFileName2) = true Then
close workbooks
exit sub
end if

Code:

Function FileAlreadyOpen(FullFileName As String) As Boolean
' returns True if FullFileName is currently in use by another process
' example: If FileAlreadyOpen(Fullfilename) Then...
Dim f As Integer
f = FreeFile
On Error Resume Next
Open ([B][COLOR="Red"]FullFilename[/COLOR][/B]) For Binary Access Read Write Lock Read Write As #f
Close #f
' If an error occurs, the document is currently open.
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
FileAlreadyOpen = True
Err.Clear
'MsgBox "Error #" & Str(Err.Number) & " - " & Err.Description
Else
FileAlreadyOpen = False
End If
On Error GoTo 0
End Function

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-files-to-open-editing-if-i-cant-open-i-want-to-close-both.1038020/
Relevancy 71.38%

PPS attachments in email will not open but will open from desktop. Get the message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program , or if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs in control panel." Control panel default program shows Power Point Viewer 2007 is the default program associated with it. Why will it open from desktop but not from an email?

Relevancy 71.38%

last week my computer would boot all the way up to the desktop but when i tried to open up my files they won't open open Restore System won't Frustrated: & Files wouldn t Frustrated: Files won't open & System Restore won't open open and the content in my start menu wouldn t load up so i forced shut down the comp went into safe mode and did a system restore from July nd since that was the only restore point available and that seemed to fix everything everything worked fine after that i ve done this process twice since last week w restore points from July nd and Aug since every time i shut down my comp files won t open and the start menu content won t load compelling me to do a system restore to fix everything which it did so now to today got home i turned on my comp and encountered the same quot files won t open start menu content won t load quot problem but when i went to do a system restore using of the restore points from aug since all the others were gone and those were the only ones left the problem still existed w of the not working i was losing hope that the last one would work so after the third attempt while in safe mode i decided to just google the problem but when i went to open firefox i got a xull dll error message so i tried out google chrome to see if i could get on the net that way that worked before googling why my files won t open i googled the xull dll problem first since that was the freshest frustration in my mind i googled it and read it was part of some registry issue and that xull dll error messages usually mean your registry is damaged this made me think that my quot file opening quot problem could be a result of a damaged registry and that this xull dll malfunction was ironically fortuitous since it possibly leads me to the overall problem and how i could fix it i googled a free registry repair program found one and DLed it i did a scan w it used it to fix the errors then i tried to open firefox to see if it was fixed and to use that as a small test a small indicator that everything else would be fine but no the xull dll error popped up again although this time it said you might want to re-install the program to fix it i did that it worked but my file won t open problem still lingered and i was back to where i started frustrated and clueless at this point i went to my last hope my last restore point but when i clicked system restore it wouldn t open the box framing the program would open but it was just a blank white page no words no circle to click no restore points to choose no content at all at this point i thought maybe when i fixed the registry by deleting the registry stuff i might have deleted something that helps the quot system restore quot program to work so i went to the registry program s file restore section and restored the stuff i fixed or deleted but still the system restore program won t open so now i m here anybody know what the problem is w my system restore program did my registry fix actually hurt my comp and more importantly the initial problem that lead me to all of this does anybody know why my files won t open and why my start menu content won t load and how i could fix this i have windows XP service pack thanks

A:Frustrated: Files won't open & System Restore won't open

If you have the installation CD for the operating system try doing a repair installation. This will not affect your data.Boot the computer from the XP CD. You may need to change boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order.When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer: To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER. To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R. To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER. You do not want to choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R.Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair isn't one of the option end the installation, this will mean that you will need to do a fresh installation of XP.The repair will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot, the repair installation will continue after the reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340556/frustrated-files-wont-open-system-restore-wont-open/
Relevancy 71.38%

last week my computer would boot all the way up to the desktop but Won't Won't Open Frustrated: System Open Restore and Files when i tried to open up my files they wouldn't open Frustrated: Files Won't Open and System Restore Won't Open and the content in my start menu wouldn't load up so i forced shut down the comp went into safe mode and did a system restore from July nd since that was the only restore point available and that seemed to fix everything everything worked fine after that i've done this process twice since last week w restore points from July nd and Aug since every time i shut down my comp files won't open and the start menu content won't load compelling me to do a system restore to fix everything which it did so now to today got Frustrated: Files Won't Open and System Restore Won't Open home i turned on my comp and encountered the same quot files won't open start menu content won't load quot problem but when i went to do a system restore using of the restore points from aug since all the others were gone and those were the only ones left the problem still existed w of the not working i was losing hope that the last one would work so after the third attempt while in safe mode i decided to just google the problem but when i went to open firefox i got a xull dll error message so i tried out google chrome to see if i could get on the net that way that worked before googling why my files won't open i googled the xull dll problem first since that was freshest frustration in my mind i googled it and read it was part of some registry issue and that xull dll error messages usually mean your registry is damaged this made me think that my quot file opening quot problem could be a result of a damaged registry and that this xull dll malfunction was ironically fortuitous since it possibly leads me to the overall problem and how i could fix it i googled a free registry repair program found one and DLed it i did a scan w it used it to fix the errors then i tried to open firefox to see if it was fixed and to use that as a small test a small indicator that everything else would be fine but no the xull dll error popped up again although this time it said you might want to re-install the program to fix it i did that it worked but my file won't open problem still lingered and i was back to where i started frustrated and clueless at this point i went to my last hope my last restore point but when i clicked system restore it wouldn't open the box framing the program would open but it was just a blank white page no words no circle to click no restore points to choose no content at all at this point i thought maybe when i fixed the registry by deleting the registry stuff i might have deleted something that helps the quot system restore quot program to work so i went to the registry program's file restore section and restored the stuff i fixed or deleted but still the system restore program won't open so now i'm here anybody know what the problem is w my system restore program did my registry fix actually hurt my comp and more importantly the initial problem that lead me to all of this does anybody know why my files won't open and why my start menu content won't load and how i could fix this i have windows XP service pack thanks

A:Frustrated: Files Won't Open and System Restore Won't Open

Most Registry Repair programs sometimes do more damage then they fix. Go to Start/Run and type SFC /scannow and hit enter. The Windows Protection window will open. It may ask for your Windows XP CD. It will now replace any corrupted files that it needs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/frustrated-files-wont-open-and-system-restore-wont-open-506685.html
Relevancy 71.38%

After virus removal IE not able to open save or open files from the web.

- I have ran malwarebytes, awdcleaner, comboxfix, and tdsskiller.
- I have check settings in IE to make sure downloading was enabled
- all other browser work fine ... chrome, firefox
- I have taken IE off the machine by turning off IE in windows services via uninstall programs, rebooted and ran ccleaner, then re-enabled IE...still cannot download and save files
- I have rest IE...still same issue.

The only thing other thing I have found online regarding this is that IE may have lost it admin rights or something like that. have any of you ran across this issue before?

A:After virus removal IE not able to open save or open files from the web.

Hello lawrance,
Generally this is my full I.E. Reset directions >>
This should be done with Internet Explorer open (even if you are having problems with it), not Firefox / Chrome or another browser.

Click Tools or the Gear icon at the top of the browser > Go down the list to click on Internet Options > Go across to the last tab that should be Advanced >  Click on Advanced and then Reset (near the bottom) > You should get a Confirm box pop up > Tick Delete Personal Settings and now Reset.
This last part may be where the infection changed things -

While there > Go back to Connections Tab, and down to LAN Settings. Open this and check that the only box ticked is Automatically Detect Settings, and untick any others. Click OK >Apply if you changed anything and OK again.

Back to the General Tab and make sure your Home Page is entered correctly in the box. Re-set it if not, clock Apply and OK to close out
Once the settings have all been reset, Close that box. Close any other open boxes. Now close I.E. and Reboot your computer.

Let us know if this helped -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559340/after-virus-removal-ie-not-able-to-open-save-or-open-files-from-the-web/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am using microsoft office 2010 and windows 7.

I have set up excel to open files from a specific folder. When I click open it only shows files such as *.xls etc.

How can I setup to open all files (*.*) ?

Thank you very much

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi people!

My problem is that when i have selected, lets say 3 .txt or .xls files and right-click on them and choose open nothing happens? I can right-click one file and choose open and it will open. It is just when i have selected multiple files to open that nothings happens.

The thing is that i have some collegues that have the same installation as i have and they can do it, any ideas what could be causing this problem for me?

Thx in advance

Nevyn

A:Cannot open multiple selected files with right-click - open

I have this problem too. Previously I could highlight (example) six text files, right click, choose open and voila! they all opened. Now I'm forced to open them one by one. Hope you can help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-multiple-selected-files-with-right-click-open.571778/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I am With Cannot files Open to command In shell use open having a weird problem I cannot change what programs I use by defualt to open windows files It does not Cannot use Open With command In shell to open files matter whether I right click on a certain file and choose open with or if I use the tools option in the folder menu This is what happens I want to open a jpg file with picassa photo viewer I right click the jpg file and choose open with I then click browse to locate the exe file that will open it Well once I click it I get sent back to the open with window and nothing has changed The jpg file will not open with any program that can open it and it will not add the exe file into the window This is a bit frustrating as I cannot change what opens certain windows files by default This goes for any type of file I try to open with any program Any ides fellas Any help would be awesome THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi guys,

My little sister's computer is running on Windows Millenium, we installed it over Win98SE lately but now when I try to click on an icon on the desktop, it's going to let me select it, but it won't open. I have to right click then open to open files on the desktop. Would anyone know what would that be caused by? and how to fix it?

Thank you very much in advance,
Your help is very appreciated.
Gab.

A:Win ME: Have to to right click/open to open files on desktop

Untill this explanation is finished when I say click on something I mean right click.

What has happened is the mouse buttons have been reversed.

Here is how you can fix it.

Click start point to settings and selects contol panel.

Once you are in control panel double right click on the mouse icon.

Untick the box that says switch primary and secondary buttons and click on apply.

Now you mouse should be back to normal I.E left button to open things.

Hope this helps Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-me-have-to-to-right-click-open-to-open-files-on-desktop.17102/
Relevancy 69.66%

I accidentaly associated theme files with notepad , and now I can't run theme files. How can I fix it ? What is the right application for open with command? Thanks in advance.

A:How to open theme files ? Open with application ?

Hello ecevit,

Downloading and merging the .reg for the listed .theme option in the tutorial below can restore the default associations for .theme files for you.

Default File Associations - Restore in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/10918-how-open-theme-files-open-application.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I have no idea what s wrong with my computer so I am not sure what info is relevent So I ll tell you everything I downloaded itunes and then all of a sudden I noticed a virus no idea if its "open without files no with" window appearing. an .exe open from itunes but no .exe files open without an "open with" window appearing. I doubt it There was a program digused as a windows program telling me that every application on my cpu had a virus It told me there was something wrong with mcafee and I stupidly got rid of it Next it said there was something wrong with firefox That s when I knew it was a virus My search engines were not working task manager wouldn t work system restore failed and I couldn t download anything So I started my cpu in safe mode with networking I downloaded malware bytes hijackthis and ad aware bc they have all worked for me before I used them all I know I m not supposed to delete everything in hijackthis but I did I restarted the computer and the virus was gone as far as I know But when I click on any desktop icon an quot open with quot window appears I have a C runtime error when I try to enter quot add remove programs quot I see quot c WINDOWS system rundll exe Application not found quot and when I try to use task manager it says quot task manager has been disabeled by your administrator quot I restored everything I deleted with hijackthis because I figured that I deleted something important I had no luck with that I used malwarebytes again Everything works in safemode everything so I used sytem restore Nothing has changed Sorry if I confused you but I didn t even know where to begin I probably kept making things worse Anyway if anyone can help me please do Thanks

A:no .exe files open without an "open with" window appearing.

Hello and welcome... I am moving this from XP to Am I Infected..I think we can make a little headway with this. You need to do all the steps as some pertain to your issue..Please follow our Removal Guide here Remove Antispyware Soft (Uninstall Guide) You will move to the Automated Removal InstructionsAfter you completed that, post your scan log here,let me know how things are.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321331/no-exe-files-open-without-an-open-with-window-appearing/
Relevancy 69.66%

I sometimes try to open a an excel file (on the internet) in IE8 (windows 7, Vista and XP home edition, all tried), but the file does not open at all. No such problem in Firefox. Is there something I need to do in IE8? Many thanks. I have tried MS Office 2003 as well as open office, but without success. One such example is on http://www.un.org/Depts/treasury/ (2010 spreadsheet (Excel file)

Many thanks for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-files-do-not-open-in-ie8-but-do-open-in-firefox.914809/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have Microsoft Works docs saved on my new PC (copied from old PC via flash drive). My new PC (OS Windows 7) does not have MS Works so I downloaded Open Office to use as my word processor. My question-how can I transfer the MS Works docs from their location on my PC into the Open Office software.

Any input appreciated.

A:Solved: Open Office software-how do I transfer MS works docs into Open Office applica

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-open-office-software-how-do-i-transfer-ms-works-docs-into-open-office-applica.1004542/
Relevancy 69.23%

Just as the title says. All my files and programs open in free textpad. I was writing a program earlier today and absent mindedly cliked ok to open in free textpad without read the other points of the message. I am now sure that one of these other points sais something like "make free textpad default for all applications" or something. I have tried everything i can think of without any success with one exception. I was able to run itunes normally after selecting programs>itunes>run miniplayer. Im not sure why this is, as when i run itunes, it opens in free textpad. By the way, i run windows seven on an inspiron 530.
I really need some help, please,

Thank you for any response.

A:Solved: All programs and files open in "Free Textpad" in useless garble.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-all-programs-and-files-open-in-free-textpad-in-useless-garble.988947/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everybody I picked will no RKill Action that open open, not browser and Explorer open, Internel center MalwareBytes only won't will up some nasty malware AVG was updating and suddenly everything just fell apart I can t run any installation programs regardless of the extension or name I ve tried to install Rkill and MalwareBytes with absolutely no luck It defaults to needing to be unblocked in the properties and no matter what compatibility mode I use it will not run I get Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open a error when I try to open the security center In the taskbar I have an Action Center alert that says Important Message and Total Messages The Action Center will not open at all I do not have access to a USB key as I am not home but I will be Tuesday evening Any help would be infinitely appreciated Other notes I forgot I m on Windows Ultimate -bit and I am constantly getting errors that Windows can t load and needs to be repaired It runs and restarts sometimes being repaired and other times not Thanks a lot Jared

A:Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open

An update.

I've tried running MalwareBytes and RKill from a flash drive which is also not working. Windows also ends up unable to load, the startup repair runs and things work fine. Not long after Windows tries to update and then it becomes unable to load again and the startup repair runs again.

I tried running a registry fix for the .exe problem and I get an error stating that the registry is being used even when no programs are running and I am in safe mode.

Hope this information helps
thanks
Jared

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398874/action-center-wont-open-internel-explorer-only-browser-that-will-open-no-malwarebytes-and-rkill-will-not-open/
Relevancy 67.51%

I had previously installed NORTON SECURITY and accidentally uninstalled it. It would not open after re-installation. Now AVG free and AVAST free will not open from download. Win 7pro

A:AVG free AVAST free NORTON SECURITY will not open

first off you should only have one anti virus program installed on your computer. did you use norton's uninstall tool ? run the tool , restart , run the tool the second time.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal_Tool_d4749.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avg-free-avast-free-norton-security-will-not-open.1078171/
Relevancy 67.51%

On Monday one of my computers stopped being able to open any .exe files. They all open to the "open with" dialog box. This is a computer my roommates frequently use but none of them want to tell me what they did to infect it. It's probably a virus but I cannot run any anti-virus software or any anti-malware software to see what it is. I can't run the gmer application mentioned in the instructions but attached are the logs from the DDS application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

A:.EXE files open to "open with" dialog box

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398070/exe-files-open-to-open-with-dialog-box/
Relevancy 67.51%

For some reason, when I click on a .txt file to open it, I get the following error message:

Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

I also get a quick pop-up error that says something along the lines that Windows can't find the file. (I am double-clicking the ORIGINAL file, so it is where it should be.)

Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/text-files-open-open.239264/
Relevancy 67.51%

All my desktop icons changed to microsoft word icons,cannot download either. When I try to open files or programs, and try to download, microsoft file association page pops up.Help me please!! I do not have a problem surfing to net.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-any-progams-or-files-can-only-open-ie.1043430/
Relevancy 66.22%

Any information regarding this virus? This new variant that is attacking people which is encrypting their data files? Does anyone have any clue how we can decrypt the information that uses the LATEST ransomeware? This is the one where it takes the bit count from the hard drive.More information can be found here.http://blogs.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/ransomware-holds-up-victimsThe current “ransomware” campaign uses a novel approach to extort money from naive Internet users. Malware from cybercriminals infects personal computers by claiming to be a genuine Windows update. Once installed, this malware encrypts data on the hard drive and displays a message (see Figure 1) in German that translates to “Your system has been infected with a Windows Trojan encryption due to visiting pages with pornographic content and your data files are encrypted with AES 256-bit encryption algorithm” and asks the victim to pay 100 euros via a Paysafe or Ukash voucher number. These malware binaries spread through spam emails.

A:Ransom Virus ENCRYPTS data files

Any update on this? Anyone here able to provide any information on removal?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455447/ransom-virus-encrypts-data-files/
Relevancy 65.36%

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-11/new-computer-ransomware-encrypts-files-asks-for-up-to-1000/6461606

A:Breaking Bad Ransomware Encrypts Files, Demands up to a $1,000 Ransom

Haha :D
Not sure that's a good "business" technique though. Won't people think it's all joke, that everything is OK, and not pay for the ransom?

http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/breaking-bad-themed-los-pollos-hermanos-crypto-ransomware-found-wild

The threat also opens another YouTube video in the background. This video is a song used in a fictional radio station in the game Grand Theft Auto V, which some fans believe is a shout-out to Breaking Bad.

I wonder if it's this one:

edit: oh, apparently not

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575838/breaking-bad-ransomware-encrypts-files-demands-up-to-a-1000-ransom/
Relevancy 65.36%

GpCode af is a brand new virus variant that uses RSA bit encryption to hold user hostage As Kaspersky recommends infected users should not send email or payments to these malicious individuals to decrypt files KASPERSKY ESCALATES WARNING TO SEVERE RISKhttp www viruslist com en viruses alerts alertid Kaspersky Lab has received reports of yet another variant of GpCode the cyberblackmail virus- Virus Win GpCode af This new variant is currently spreading on the Russian Internet It encrypts user files the author then demands money for decrypting the files This latest variant differs from the one that appeared last Thursday in that it uses a more secure encryption algorithm - RSA bit rather than the RSA bit key the previous variant used Kaspersky Lab strongly recommends that anyone who has had files encrypted should contact the Virus Lab Under no circumstances should users give in to blackmail as this will encourage the authors of this program to create new versions TECHNICAL DETAILS of AE version RSA bit version http www viruslist com en viruses encycl virusid This malicious program encrypts files on the victim machine The virus itself is a Windows PE EXE file approximately KB in size packed using UPX The unpacked file is approximately KB in size This program was spammed throughout the Russian Internet Once launched the virus will encrypt files Holds Gpcode.af Hostage Encrypts Files - And Pc User which it finds on the victim machine Once encrypted files cannot be used The author of the program then demands money to decrypt the encrypted files A file called readme txt is created in folders where encrypted files are located The file contains the following text Some files are coded by RSA method To buy decoder mail mail ru with subject REPLYThe email address shown may differ from modification to modification of this virus If contacted by the user the author of the program will demand payment for decrypting the encrypted files KASPERSKY WEBLOG ENTRIEShttp www viruslist com en weblog weblogid In comparison to the previous variant GpCode ae which we detected last week this new variant uses a stronger encryption algorithm RSA bit this makes it more difficult for our virus analysts to develop decryption Gpcode.af - Encrypts Pc Files And Holds User Hostage However we ve been successful and we added detection and decryption for infected files to our antivirus databases Users who have been infected by GpCode af should download the latest antivirus databases and fully scan their computers One point that we want to stress at the moment we re still not sure how this virus penetrates victim computers You should exert maximum caution don t launch files that you receive via email and ensure that your operating system and browser is fully patched Finally back up your data on a regular basis Then if the worst ever does happen - and we hope it won t - you ll still have a copy of whatever you were working on

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54683/gpcodeaf-encrypts-pc-files-and-holds-user-hostage/
Relevancy 64.93%

Not sure what happened. The Visio files were opening just fine a few minutes ago, and now when I try to open them, IE prompts me continuously for "Open, Save, Save as." I tried all three options for the fun of it and IE still prompts every time.
Tried opening them from a remote PC and they open just fine. Can't do anything with them on my PC except view them in Visio itself.
I've tried resetting IE settings. Uninstalling IE 11 and going down to 10. Nothing in event viewer for IE. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/de44f87d-e83e-4d58-a67e-ff00590f0963/visio-files-all-the-sudden-wont-open-in-ie-prompts-for-open-save-save-as?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 64.93%

I to when Can't trying seek_set" "fseek get open files, failed on open am having issues getting files to open on latptop recently It all started when I was working on my tax return with a certain tax software I started the return then came back to finish about weeks later once I recieved some more tax info When trying to open the file I had started I got the message quot fseek failed on seek set quot and the file will not open I checked all of my previous years files and they say the same thing I started checking other file types on my laptop and those simply will not open Opening pictures will now say quot Windows viewer can't open Can't open files, get "fseek failed on seek_set" when trying to open this picture because photo viewer doesn't support this file format Any ideas how I can fix this I'm worried I Can't open files, get "fseek failed on seek_set" when trying to open have lost thousands of pictures I must also say that I did let my anti virus lax Can't open files, get "fseek failed on seek_set" when trying to open for about a week in there somewhere so not sure if a virus got in or what It is now protected again but no luck opening files Any help would be much appreciated I have a simple Toshiba laptop with Windows Home Premium installed

A:Can't open files, get "fseek failed on seek_set" when trying to open

Do you have a Windows disc or restore CD or anything you can use to boot the machine? If so I would boot and try scandisk. See if the file system is ok. If that checks out run a virus scan. Malwarebytes antimalware is optimal.

If no problems to that point I would run a diagnostic on the HD. It could be failing.

If you don't have any bootable media or another PC with internet access see if someone will burn one of those boot disks with virus scanners loaded.

Also it's always helpful to fill in system specs as it saves a lot of back and forth about what hardware you do or don't have etc..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324555-cant-open-files-get-fseek-failed-seek_set-when-trying-open.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files Apparently corrupted files I am Inability Unwanted files messages MSWord picture to files. MSExcel Apparently encoding and corrupted files. on opening files? open having problems opening doc and xls and jpg files in some but not all folders in my folder tree e g C Documents and Settings username My Documents Folder X However Folders Y and Z are apparently unaffected This has arisen only recently My system is Windows XP Home and Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files? SP upgraded to SP MSWORD EXAMPLE - On opening a Word file whether from Word or from Windows Explorer I receive this dialog box quot File Conversion - filename doc quot quot Select the encoding that makes your document readable quot The already selected button is quot Other encoding quot and the suggested code is quot Japanese quot The preview pane shows only an array of characters all the same Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files? On trying to select the button quot Windows Default quot the preview changes to a continuous array of lower-case xxxxxxx On returning to the quot Other encoding quot option and trying quot Auto-Select quot the selected code returns itself to quot Japanese quot with the display as already noted above On returning to the quot Other encoding quot option and trying quot Western European Windows quot the display reverts to the Windows Default style as already noted above lines of xxxxxxx I am unable to open the file MSEXCEL EXAMPLE - On opening an Excel file all I get is an immensely long string of a character in cell A Same character all the way Again I am unable to open the file PICTURE EXAMPLE - On opening a jpg file from a picture program or direct from Windows Explorer I get messages such as quot No preview available quot in Windows Picture and Fax viewer or quot Cannot open file filename jpg in Corel or just the boxed in little red X in MS Office Picture Manager Again I am unable to open the file CLUE - I recently installed a down-loaded trial copy of BackUp All and ran it I then had start-up problems with a blue screen and message about computer damage suspect hardware software etc and the machine did a Memory Dump and then rebooted successfully This happened every time I started from cold I then uninstalled BackUp All and removed all traces The blue screen problem has not recurred Could this have been connected with the problems noted above It seems possible and please note that since then it appears that any new files I save to the affected Folders can be opened correctly but still not the earlier ones They are obviously corrupted Any help will be received with thanks These files are valuable and I want them back Robin Oram

A:Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files?

This sounds like it might be a malware infection.

Have you run any scans lately?

Did you download BackUp4All from a reputable source?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201994/unwanted-encoding-messages-on-opening-msword-files-inability-to-open-msexcel-files-and-picture-files-apparently-corrupted-files/
Relevancy 64.07%

And the New user boot Satana master encrypts files record and ransomware news just keeps getting better Take the time to make back ups amp system images System Image - Create in Windows New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record - Windows Forums Attackers are developing an aggressive New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record new ransomware program for Windows machines that encrypts user files as well as the computer's master boot record MBR leaving devices unable to load the OS The program is dubbed Satana -- meaning quot Satan quot in Italian and Romanian -- and according to researchers from security firm Malwarebytes it is functional but still under development Users might be able to repair the MBR by using the Windows recovery options but this requires working with the Windows command line and the bootrec exe boot recovery tool so it is likely beyond the abilities of typical users The current version of Satana hasn t yet been widely distributed and the researchers don t expect that it will because the code is not yet mature and has flaws However they believe this version will likely serve as a base for future improvements New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record PCWorld

A:New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record

And this is why an OFFLINE(external disk stored in the closet, not just turned off, but unplugged) is so important.
I do weekly('s enuff 4 me) to my 2nd internal, fo incase I mess up something, but, once a month, or so., I update my offline disk. I set it up, let Macrium run and image all 3 internal(for partitioning look at my specs) while I shave, shower, go shopping and eat dinner. I even image my weekly image partition(that's why it takes half a day, it needs to open the compressed files to read them).

Respect, I gotta hand it to them, encrypting the MBR... and Windows or any PE environment doesn't know where anything is .

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/55238-new-satana-ransomware-encrypts-user-files-master-boot-record.html
Relevancy 63.64%

i was downloading some tv shows named whatevergoeshere.dat files until their done downloading which they then become video files after they finish downloading but i right clicked one and chose "open with">>choose program>>windows media player" before it was done downloading and now all my srthsgf.dat files that were downloading have smaller windows media player signs on them,even the software programs i was downloading. is there any way i can reverse the damage other than perhaps system restore? ive tweaked my computer a great deal since its last save point and would not like to redo it if i dont have to.

thanks for any help,i know it doesnt hurt anything but it being like that just bugs me

A:selected "open with"and now all the files of that kind open that way

Right click the dat.reg.txt attachment below, select "save target as"
Save the file somewhere safe, eg. desktop

First, go to:
Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab
Make sure "hide extensions for known file types" is NOT checkmarked.

Now, right click the saved file,
select "rename"
Remove the .txt section at the end, so the file now becomes:
dat.reg

You should see the icon change to a Registry file icon.

Now simply double click this dat.reg file to merge it into your registry.

You may need to reboot for changes to take effect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/selected-open-with-and-now-all-the-files-of-that-kind-open-that-way.118891/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,

I'm unable to drag and drop icons from desktop to an open window or open window to open window

what happens is when i hold down the left mouse button to drag an icon from the desktop to an open window

*** the cursor changes to a black circle with a diagonal line going through it (like the no smoking sign symbol)

what is causing this to happen?

thx rob
ps: ONLY copy/cut and paste works now

A:unable to drag and drop icons from desktop to an open window or open window to open w

Check this setting. Enable Dragging and Dropping

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-drag-and-drop-icons-from-desktop-to-an-open-window-or-open-window-to-open-w.504772/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, 

I've recently upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 enterprise. I have onedrive account with files synced to cloud, before upgrading i've backed up onedrive files locally in my computer. Some of those files can't be opened after upgrade, formats include
.docx and .xlsx and .png. Most of these files were in direct onedrive main/root folder rather than in subfolders. As i can see those images in subfolders can be opened but not doc and excel files.

How can i view those files again, why have they become corrupt, what could I do in future to prevent these problems

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b92b5132-04a6-4dc3-8696-0e942efdf427/one-drive-files-after-being-restored-from-backed-up-files-in-upgraded-windows-giving-error-message?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 61.49%

I have tried to download Open office several times. Each time, no matter which version I try, I get membership options. Is there no longer a free option?

A:Open Office no longr free?

Hi Lareux

What link are you using?
I had no problem downloading Open Office: http://download.openoffice.org/

What do the membership options state they are for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-office-no-longr-free.841014/
Relevancy 61.49%

Anyone know of a free utility download to open all those graphics files that end in ".001, 002, etc,..rar ?

Thanks!

Relevancy 61.06%

i need to open a daa file larger than 300mb free any suggestions

A:How To Open .daa.file Free Larger Tha 300mb

thanks for any help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158584/how-to-open-daafile-free-larger-tha-300mb/
Relevancy 61.06%
Relevancy 61.06%

It's about equal to MS office 2000

OpenOffice.org is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute. To help build the community

http://openoffice.org

there is no need to worry about viruses or malware from this software this project is sponsored by Sun

Relevancy 61.06%

Ok after installing AVG free virus protection I tried to run the program but the control center will automatically close. I can get it to run virus scan by prompting it to from the folder but even trying to run avgw.exe or avgcc.exe results in it closing after attempting to open for about 5 seconds. the Icon will also appear on the taskbar momentarly. I am working on a compaq persario R4000 running Windows XP service pack 2. And AVG is fully updated as well.

Relevancy 61.06%

My company provides a service which requires a specific port to be open on the end user's network firewall. When we perform tech support for these users, they're often not the ones to know if this port is open (or even who to ask).

Is there a website that will check a user's firewall to see if a port is open? I don't want to do a full network scan... just one port.

Help!

Thanks,
P

A:Free way for end user to check for open port?

NMAP is by far the best tool for port scanning. I also like Super Scan from Foundstone.
http://www.insecure.org/nmap/nmap_download.html
http://www.foundstone.com/resources/proddesc/superscan.htm

Most of the web based scanners, will scan an entire range of ports but they are pretty fast. Sheilds UP and Sygate dont take too long to run.

EDIT: Looks like Shields UP will let you specify what ports you want to scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-way-for-end-user-to-check-for-open-port.328229/
Relevancy 61.06%

Can someone recommend an open source free PDF creator

I use this PDF creator: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
It's OK. Not as fancy as Acrobat - but doesn't need to be if all you want to do is print PDF's or add or delete pages to and from PDF's

The only thing is it's 28MB
Does it need to be that big?

I've done a search and see Cute PDF creator - I think that's what it's called
Never tried. But it's only 1.5MB - sounds better to me

Anything else out there worth considering?

All I want is lightweight + not hogging my system when using or even just having had installed

Thanks
OM

Relevancy 61.06%

Quote:
Oracle start charging for Sun's Office ODF plug-in

In 2007, Sun released the Sun ODF Plugin for Microsoft Office, as a closed source but free application which allowed Microsoft Office users to export and import documents in Open Document Format. Although the Oracle site still, at the time of writing, offers the software for free with the tagline "Get it now: FREE", users clicking through will find that Oracle are now charging $90, per user, for a right-to-use license for the plug-in and offering support costing $19.80 per user for the first year.

Oracle start charging for Sun's Office ODF plug-in - The H Open Source: News and Features

A:No more free ride for Open Office plug-in

Why doesn't Microsoft offer this feature, its their program.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/79598-no-more-free-ride-open-office-plug.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I am looking for a free, open source program for keeping up with dates ans appointments. I was considering Mozilla Sunbird, but I don't know if they even support it anymore. Thanks, Adam

Relevancy 61.06%

Anyone know of a free or Open Source Ticketing system similar to BMC Remedy ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-or-open-source-ticketing-system.1094390/
Relevancy 61.06%

Does anyone know of a good ISO (to & from ISO archives) conversion program?

Specifically looking for a freeware/OS (open source) program, not paid ones such as UltraISO, WinISO, etc.
PS-
7-zip will read from, but not convert to .iso file.

A:Free (Open Source) ISO Conversion program

CD burnerxp will do the trick you will find it on download.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-open-source-iso-conversion-program.106847/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am trying out an open source anti virus called ClamWin and so far, it is actually very good. Just wondering if anybody else has tried it out and what did they think. Another thing, is there an open source anti spyware and if so, where can I get it?

Relevancy 61.06%

I have 2 GB total physical memory and 500 MB of that is free but I can't open anymore window or program, why is that? Is it my video memory? I have a 64 MB AGP video card.

A:500 MB free memory but can't open any window or program.

Try this:

Go here: http://www.dougknox.com/

1. Click on "Win XP Fixes"

2. Click on "File Association Fixes"

3. Click on both "EXE File Association Fix" and "LNK (shortcut) Association Fix"

4. Either double click on downloaded .reg fix or right click and select "Merge" to add to registry.

Hope it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/500-mb-free-memory-but-cant-open-any-window-or-program.529777/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have 2 GB total physical memory and 500 MB of that is free but I can't open anymore window or program, why is that? Is it my video memory? I have a 64 MB AGP video card.

A:500 MB free memory but can't open any window or program.

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

can you be a little more explicit - how many programs are you trying to open and does the card allow you to use (share) main memory

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/500-mb-free-memory-but-cant-open-any-window-or-program-132287.html
Relevancy 60.2%

First I never know if I m in the correct forum If I m not I m very sorry Second I know so little about computers that I never know how to explain my problem And won't the open even and Free update umbrella Antivirus Avira now I can't if you need info from me you pretty much have to tell me how Avira Free Antivirus won't update and now I can't even open the umbrella to get that info I ve been using avira free antivirus for several months now I noticed today that it has not updated Avira Free Antivirus won't update and now I can't even open the umbrella since Dec I tried updating and it would not do it I reinstalled and restarted my computer and now I can t even get the umbrella to open When I try to turn it on it says my computer is not secure a service is not working correctly I m using windows xp And I need aspirin Oh I did run malwarebytes and it found bugs and supposedly Avira Free Antivirus won't update and now I can't even open the umbrella removed them but still can t run avira And I also did a scan with avira but I don t remember if that was before I reinstalled or after I think it was after It was today that much I know I have received good help here before so I hope someone can help me Thanks Darlene

A:Avira Free Antivirus won't update and now I can't even open the umbrella

Just want to report that I was finally able to update. No clue what happened, but I guess the 100th time was the charm! LOL

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433595/avira-free-antivirus-wont-update-and-now-i-cant-even-open-the-umbrella/
Relevancy 60.2%

Any program to open a url history .dat file? Thanks!

A:Any Cool Free Program To Open a .DAT file? from History URL's?

Spider

Cache Reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-cool-free-program-to-open-a-dat-file-from-history-urls.366051/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys, haven't posted in a while. I'm looking for a good FREE, OPEN-SOURCE media player that will replace Windows Media Player. I want something that will let me sync to my mp3 player(it is a no-name brand). Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 60.2%

A lightweight versatile image viewer ImageGlass is a lightweight versatile image viewing application that is designed to take the place of Photo Viewer - Source Viewer Open Free Image ImageGlass in Windows Vista XP sp especially those installations that may have trouble displaying PNG and GIF files in Photo Viewer What s ImageGlass ImageGlass is a simple picture viewer with which you will be able to display your image collection in a very similar way to the one that Windows provides by default but with some additional functions This application will allow you to better manage your pictures thanks to the options it includes and the extension it enables to install for adding more functions and widening its possibilities Mar a Felipe ImageGlass - Free Open Source Image Viewer in phpnuke org ImageGlass features Various formats ImageGlass works great with GIF ICO and ImageGlass - Free Open Source Image Viewer PNG formats among others Lightweight amp versatile Fast switch between images Personalization Easy installation of new extensions language packs amp themes image formats supported including GIF Various zoom options zoom in or zoom out scale to height scale to ImageGlass - Free Open Source Image Viewer width lock zoom ratio etc Image frames extraction from GIF files Thumbnail images can be shown in the current viewing folder Slide Show viewing functionality Conversion can be made in up to different formats Possibility of uploading the image being viewed to Facebook Easy installation of new extensions to widen the program s possibilities Multi-language support which makes the user able to create its own packs Different theme packs available to change the look of the interface Homepage http www imageglass org GitHub https github com d phap ImageGlass SourceForge http sourceforge net projects imageglass Enjoy nbsp

A:ImageGlass - Free Open Source Image Viewer

Looks good and nice, im downloading now for test. Thanks @yigido

https://malwaretips.com/threads/imageglass-free-open-source-image-viewer.36789/
Relevancy 60.2%

everytime i update avg free, it always says that my connection has failed. but i am connected to the net. also, i tried opening the avg homepage and it wouldn't load. it always says "address not found". also, i tried opening the homepage for nod32 and for trendmicro housecall, it still reports "address not found". please help..

A:can't update avg free and can't open any online scanning service

i have hijackthis so i tried it. is it possible for you to interpret? please.. here are the results..

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:10:56 PM, on 1/8/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3, v.3264 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.3264)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mHotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\USB Video Camera\Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\BORGChat\BORGChat.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel Keys Server\sntlkeyssrvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel Protection Server\WinNT\spnsrvnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 2\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = proxy7.up.edu.ph:8080
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Menu] E:\Autorun.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] mHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StormCodec_Helper] "C:\Program Files\Ringz Studio\Storm Codec\StormSet.exe" /S /opti
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\Ringz Studio\Storm Codec\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ChikkaDefault] C:\Program Files\Ch... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-update-avg-free-and-cant-open-any-online-scanning-service-332894.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My brother in law who version open on Laptop Can't Malwarebytes Windows 7 free has a very weak knowledge of computers has obvious issues affecting his laptop's performance It is obviously infected by spyware trojans and viruses I Can't open Malwarebytes free version on Windows 7 Laptop tried downloading the free malwarebytes to his computer to run a scan but it will not open I was able to download and use awccleaner to remove some infestations along with the free Norton Eraser but I trust Malwarebytes the most It is since running a bit smoother but I still want to run the scan I saw another topic that was locked http www bleepingcomputer com forums t malwarebytes-wont-start Using the information from that thread I have used the clean uninstall tool from malwarebytes and have re-installed the application I downloaded the Farbar Recovery Scan tool for his bit system and completed the scans as per the instructions I have pasted the FRST txt in my next reply and then attached the Addition txt in my reply Please advise if more information is needed

A:Can't open Malwarebytes free version on Windows 7 Laptop

Here is the FRST.txt as instructed to paste:    attached is the Addition.txt document 

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 20-11-2014
Ran by VBD (administrator) on VBD-PC on 21-11-2014 14:42:23
Running from C:\Users\VBD\Desktop\Farbar
Loaded Profile: VBD (Available profiles: VBD)
Platform: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64) OS Language: English (United States)
Internet Explorer Version 11
Boot Mode: Normal
Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Processes (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the process will be closed. The file will not be moved.)

(Apple Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
(Apple Inc.) C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\AutoUpdate\SkypeC2CAutoUpdateSvc.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\PNRSvc\SkypeC2CPNRSvc.exe
(Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries) C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Core Update Service\Garmin.Cartography.MapUpdate.CoreService.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\svchost.exe
(Mindspark) C:\Program Files (x86)\SuddenlyMusic_93\bar\1.bin\93barsvc.exe
(Microsoft Corp.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
(Microsoft Corp.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVCM.EXE
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Users\VBD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\SkyDrive\SkyDrive.exe
(Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries) C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Express Tray\ExpressTray.exe
(Skype Technologies S.A.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
(Samsung) C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Kies\Kies.exe
(Hewlett-Packard Co.) C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
(Hewlett-Packard) C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuschd2.exe
(Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Kies\KiesTrayAgent.exe
(Apple Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
(Mindspark) C:\Program Files (x86)\SuddenlyMusic_93\bar\1.bin\APPINTEGRATOR.EXE
(Mindspark) C:\Program Files (x86)\SuddenlyMusic_93\bar\1.bin\AppIntegrator64.exe
(Apple Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
(Apple Inc.) C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Users\VBD\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\prevhost.exe

==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the registry item will be restored to default or removed. The file will not be moved.)

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [APSDaemon] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe [60712 2014-10-11] (Apple Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [HP Software Update] => C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe [49208 2011-05-10] (Hewlett-Packard)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe [254336 2013-07-02] (Oracle Corporation)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [KiesTrayAgent] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Kies\KiesTrayAgent.exe [311152 2013-12-11] (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [QuickTime Task] => C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe [421888 2014-01-17] (Apple Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [SuddenlyMusic EP... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557097/cant-open-malwarebytes-free-version-on-windows-7-laptop/
Relevancy 60.2%

Typically speaking, the mobile virtual assistant space is dominated by companies like Microsoft, Google and Apple with Siri. These products and services provide users with a number of handy options like voice search and recognition, text-to-speech and a number of...

Read more

A:This is Sirius, the free open-source version of Siri

Well I can't see that name being used for long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-sirius-the-free-open-source-version-of-siri.210069/
Relevancy 60.2%

ImageGlass is a lightweight, versatile image viewing application that is designed to take the place of Photo Viewer in Windows 8, 7 and Vista, especially those installations that may have trouble displaying PNG and GIF files in Photo Viewer.

Features:

Support 14 popular image formats, includes animation format (GIF). Various zoom functions: zoom in, zoom out, scale to width, scale to height, lock zoom ratio... Show thumbnail images in current viewing folder. View images as slide show. Convert to other 14 formats. Extract image frames from GIF files. The best viewer for GIF, ICO, PNG formats. Upload viewing image to Facebook. Change application's theme with many free theme packs. Easy to install new extensions. Support multi-language. It is so easy to create your own language packs. And many other features! Download: ImageGlass 1.5 Beta 2 | Download | ImageGlass

A:ImageGlass 1.5.11.312 - free and open source image viewer

Thank you Dương Diệu Ph?p. I will take a look at it.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/29968-imageglass-1-5-11-312-free-open-source-image-viewer.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Tried twice to install AVG- Got this error msg 0x80070014. Was going to send an email to avg support but suddenly outlook can't open. suspect it's the install?? I also uninstalled trial version of Norton and had to use the uninstall tool to remove live update. Cd this be contributing? Any other way to get to outlook?

Thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

Any one have any good suggestions. I have my PC set up how I want it and it would be nice if needed to just pop in the ghost image and be done with it versus, reinstall and set up all over again.

I am new to the concept so I hope I understand what it can be used for Please correct me if I am wrong.

Geeve

A:Free/open source ghost image to DVD creator

Sounds like you want a free utility to image your computer.

Check out Macrium Reflect Free or EaseUS ToDO Backup. I've used them both and both work well. I like EaseUs a bit better because it will do server OS's as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/94979-free-open-source-ghost-image-dvd-creator.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi-I like to know what free program world be good to have that world help in keeing the programs down that open up when computer start up.
I just like to have one.
Any one can help me.
thank you.
katie w

A:What is a good free program to take care of what open up when computer come on

Please continue this post:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...xp-426972.html

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-is-a-good-free-program-to-take-care-of-what-open-up-when-computer-come-on-428096.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello...
I am in need of a free software program I can use to view and edit md3 files that are used in the Quake 3 engine for ememy territory ...Thanks...

A:Need free software to edit md3 files

I found this stuff,

APOCALYX - Tools

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/241543-need-free-software-edit-md3-files.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there just tidying up some multi-media audio files and I notice I have a ANYBODY - free FILES - SOFTWARE TO ape flac load of APE CUE files as CD images -- any software to convert these to FLAC - the only thing I know that plays APE is VLC media player it seems to handle EVERYTHING but I would like to store all my music as FLAC - that's what I have already -- I don't like proprietary formats either so any ideas here Somebody did mention to me the FREE version of Media Monkey -- anybody out there - is this worth downloading and using for this job I've about CD images I need to convert ape FILES TO flac - ANYBODY - free SOFTWARE Does it also work on W --I've XP and W Virtual machine though if it doesn't work on W Actually found a BETTER piece of software - does the FLAC conversion and the track labelling automatically -- CUETOOLS and it's FREEWARE CUETools Download - CUETools ape FILES TO flac - ANYBODY - free SOFTWARE wiki scroll down the wiki for the download screenshot of a ape FILES TO flac - ANYBODY - free SOFTWARE typical conversion Thanks Cheers jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/35100-ape-files-flac-anybody-free-software.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am looking for a free software so I can burn bin files to a disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi.

I was looking for a reliable free software to view postscript files.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a document in PDF where I could type in my name, etc. Instead of saving to a JPG, then trying
to put the text where it belongs, does anyone know of any free software I could install to be able
to edit PDF files?

Thanks

Relevancy 59.77%

I cannot open my futura software.I last opened it about a month ago and it was just fine.
The futura software also has an add on software(auto punch)which enchances the futura software by auto-digitizing images.I uninstalled the futura software and reinstalled it, I then opened it and it opened just fine then I installed the auto punch software (which installs right into the futura software) and it does not open.What could be preventing the software to not open?help.

A:software will not open

Please do not start more than one thread for the same topic.

Closing duplicate.

Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=640077

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-will-not-open.640070/
Relevancy 59.77%

hello guys i really need software, cannot any Cannot do anything HELP! open help my computer is in great trouble Currently i have a windows pc it started our with a warning and ended with catastrophe I was just browsing the internet at the moment i was watching a movie first there was a warning that pops up the warning came from panda free antivirus i have been using it since the beginning of my computer Cannot open any software, cannot do anything HELP! it says quot the parameter is incorrect quot and then every single software has it too i cant open a single thing even google chrome and what not so i tried restarting my computer and everything goes worse now everytime i opened a software it says the parameter is incorrect and then the shortcut will be automatically deleted i cant remember the exact alert because now everytime i open an app it says quot program cant be open COMCTL DLL is missing from your computer try reinstalling quot the thing is i cant open anything even installer and now the alert is either that or the shortcut is either missing or has been moved can anybody help me i cant open any antivirus either i cant install anything and i cannot do anything with my computer i need help sorry for my bad english btw and thanks for reading in advance please help me nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey am using windows xp and I am trying to do some of the tutorials and download some of the anti spyware malware programs from this site i can get these programs on to my desktop but when i try to install them i get an error or instalation wizard error anything obvious that i am doing wrong. I am not a novice with computers but not an expert, I have installed and uninstalled many programs and have battled may internet infection foes but i have never come across this problem before.

any ideas?

A:cant open software

Error messages?

What software?

Downloaded from where?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269887/cant-open-software/
Relevancy 59.77%

I cannot open my futura software.I last opened it a month ago and it was opened just fine.
The futura software also has an add on software(auto punch)which enchances the futura software by auto-digitizing images.I uninstalled the futura software and reinstalled it,I then opened it and it opened just fine.Then I installed the auto punch software(which installs right into the futura software) and it does'nt open.

A:Software will not open

See if this helps ...

http://www.futura-support.com/downloads/patch.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-will-not-open.640077/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi All,

I have .mgb file extension came from a client and I cannot open it. Anyone here know how to open this file.
I'm sure it is related to civil engineering like autoCad, tekla, ETABS etc.

Thanks

A:Software that can open .mgb

.mgb Extension - List of programs that can open .mgb files

Looks like it's some form of backup file - best option would be to contact the client and request the file in a format you can open

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/361836-software-can-open-mgb.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently deleted some files that I can't seem to find, reinstall, etc. I believe the file was called "unwise.exe" I am presently unable to open any software. On startup I get a messages saying "can't find ocraware.exe" and "can't find cnfg". I was instructed to get the computer to boot from the CD, reinstall windows xp and tell it to repair when the option was offered the second time. This had no effect. I can't restore the computer due to a missing rstqui(?) file. I also see a message re: a missing rundll.exe file as well. What can I do if I can't restore the system to an earlier date or reinstall the operating system? Help. Any assistanct greatly apprecaited.

Relevancy 59.77%

I can not get some of my software to open! I have tried to uninstall and install it again but it still will not open. I am thinking I may have a cookie that is disabled but Im not sure. I am also having another problem that started about the same time. My word documents now are encrypted and I can print them but when I try to upload them they are encrypted and none of the choices I get will help. any thoughts

A:software will not open

Pick one problem.
Describe the details of how you produce the problem.
Provide details of your system

There is not enough information in your statements to begin to help or analyse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-will-not-open.538167/
Relevancy 59.77%

To save time I m just going to copy and paste in portions of a couple e-mails I wrote to a few friends about this lately so a couple parts An free, Open idea wireless for Source, a had building I Internet will repeat but extra detail is also present I just want feedback about it E-mail The first idea on the An idea I had for building a free, Open Source, wireless Internet list is what I would call a Black Internet and when I say black I m talking Black Market I know that s a terrible title but it s not as bad as it sounds The infrastructure of it would consist of nothing but already existent wireless internet hardware that people already own or could buy dirt cheap Lots of people have wireless internet adapters and networking cards All they need now is a piece of software to enable auto-configuring Ad-Hoc Wireless-Mesh-Topology network a freelance public controlled Intranet that s INTRAnet or a very huge Local Area Network Such a software already exists that enables such networking and it s called Wipeer and it runs on Windows only The developers are considering going open source and they should do it now before their idea is copied and someone develops an alternative faster than they can upgrade their own and have a Linux version available All communication from peer to peer on such a network is encrypted with high end encryption So that if you are conducting data transfers to others in the wireless mesh that you wish to be kept private from end to end it can be done very easily and safely Data Encryption is something of a blessing these days I don t understand why the entire internet hasn t become encrypted yet Probably just to save on bandwidth But it can be forced upon a public controlled wireless network File sharing isn t the only thing this network would support It could also be used as a replacement for telephone calls Also be a method for computer gamers to play multilayer video games with each other Eventually you would have such an infrastructure in place that within it would be several people who have dual network connections One network is the wireless mesh and the other is the actual internet These nodes would act as doorways that would allow the resources on the actual internet to be shared with the wireless intranet The possibilities of it s use are really endless The only limit it would need to break is co-existence with the real internet until the line between the two networks blur enough that you can t tell the difference between the two very easily E-mail Ok so who would benefit Well to use an analogy pretend we re talking about hobbyist CB Radio operators You know those yahoo s who yell at each other over the airwaves just for fun Or worse send messages in mores code to each other Yeah those nutty guys Well a long time ago you had to have a special license to engage in this form of communication But later on that rule was dropped and just anybody could participate if they wanted to I even knew a guy who went so far as find another guy to trade files with via a special kind of external modem and a CB radio No phone line And we thought we were nerds This guy lived in Ozawkie right next to the middle school I ever tell you about Rick Blah blah anyway People who would wish to participate in some sort of wireless mesh internet are the types who would start off by doing it as a hobby But later on it s fringe benefits would become viral and spread like gossip quot What You can P P file share Talk to others in your neighborhood even your city via the computer and for free And I don t have to pay anybody And it s legal Awesome quot Well it may not be legal but proving it illegal would be impossible thanks to heavy encryption Seems like the only thing that stands in the way of giving people access to the internet for free is copper wire and a bill and some nosy ISP or worse But the internet the very concept of this form of global communication isn t something that is impossible to rebuild without wires or fiber at a... Read more

Relevancy 59.77%

Im looking for free software to open Microsoft Publisher and can edit them. I have them on disk.

A:Free Desktop Publishing, suitable to open Microsoft Publisher...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-desktop-publishing-suitable-to-open-microsoft-publisher.640643/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm looking for an open source media player that has as many of the features of WMP. Mainly the library. I want an open source media player that you can import your music into a library instead of having to manually open the folder every time you start the media player. ****I don't want VLC Player.

A:Free open source equivalant of Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player alternatives

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-open-source-equivalant-of-windows-media-player.801399/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone it's me again I need some assistance after a mate of my e-mailed me as has deleted some files by mistake and was wondering how to get them back If possible I do wish people would stop pestering use software of Best after to files deletion recovery (free!) me due to my slightly better than average knowledge of PCs Here's his e-mail Quote Hi matey I have accidentally deleted the public-shared videos folder from my WD MyBookLive TB drive What a Best (free!) recovery software to use after deletion of files muppet eh I haven't written to the drive since so the data should be intact I don't have the equipment I need to interrogate the drive to remove any data either Hint hint Is there anything that can be done Or will it have to go off to a data recovery specialist I have warned him that this might be Best (free!) recovery software to use after deletion of files the case Will an attempted recovery help Or could it destroy the data even more How could he go about it But a caddy etc Many many thanks in advance

A:Best (free!) recovery software to use after deletion of files

Recuva is the one I see mentioned most often; get it for no charge here:

Piriform - Download CCleaner - Millions of users worldwide!

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/333417-best-free-recovery-software-use-after-deletion-files.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I'm switching data from a PC to a iMac using the software package Move2Mac. Had some issues with the CD getting the software to open on my PC. Called support and they sent me another executable file. Downloaded and installed that. But still have the same problem.

When I double click the icon the program opens for about 2 seconds and then closes, or it does not open at all. Since I've had the same issue twice, once with the CD and once with the download so I'm pretty sure its something to do with the PC not letting the program run.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move2mac-software-wont-open.765591/
Relevancy 59.34%

using win7 64 bit, this is a fresh install. so yesterday  i was on youtube, browsing past pages of videos, happen upon page 3....» hxxps://opensoftwareupdater.com appears, i exit it, i go back to page 1 and move to page 3....apparently on page 3 something triggers » hxxps://opensoftwareupdater.com to appear and wanting me to install something.i was on no other site only youtube.anyone experience something intrusive like this on youtube yet?  because everytime i would click back to page 3 it would pop up, i would move forward to page 4 or backward to page 2 and nothing happened. but on page 3 i would get a pop up...eventually it went away and i could not replicate it. i could not find any malware    this pic i found on the net, it's what happened to me. malware on youtube? 

A:OPEN SOFTWARE UPDATER?

OpenSoftwareUpdater.com is related to a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). Many programs, toolbars, add-ons/plug-ins, and browser extensions come bundled with other free third-party software you download from the Internet (often without the knowledge or consent of the user). In some cases, they may be included in Installers or Downloaders found at hosting sites such as CNET, BrotherSoft, Softonic, FreewareFiles and Tucows. These bundled packages, installers and downloaders can often be the source of various issues and problems to include Adware, pop-up ads, browser hijacking which may change your home page and search engine, and user profile corruption.
Many toolbars and Add-ons can be removed from within its program group Uninstall shortcut in Start Menu > All Programs or by using Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Control Panel, so always check there first. With most adware/junkware it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In most cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes it more effectively, but it also restores any changed configuration.
Also see this removal guide from Malwaretips.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540712/open-software-updater/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everybody

I just got a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. It's a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2330, @ 1.60 ghz with 1.99 GB ram.

The only software I loaded was MapSource for my GPS. It loaded fine with the Key Code which I had. The problem is that when I click on the MapSource Icon, I get the following message:

"Access was denied when MapSource tried to read from registry. Please consult your system administrator and start MapSource again."

I can right click on MapSource and then run as Administrator using the user account control. A screen pops up and says, "Allow-I trust this program. I know where it's from."

It will then open up and run correctly. Does anybody know why I have to run through administrator and not just by clicking on the MapSource Icon.

Thanks for any help.

David

A:Have to Open Software through Administrator

As part of the security features of Windows Vista you may find when installing and/or event running software may require you to Right Click on the installation file and/or software icon, and Run as Administrator this is a normal feature of Vista and some programs require this.

Although, I would check you're not a Standard User instead of an Administrator. Control Panel>User Accounts and Family Safety>User Accounts, make sure this says Administrator.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/have-to-open-software-through-administrator-217812.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I downloaded a free comic book and the file format is .cbr. What software can open this format?

A:Software to open ebook

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.cbr

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-to-open-ebook.563622/
Relevancy 59.34%

Came across this site today, hope it will be useful to others.

http://www.wikihow.com/Migrate-to-Open-Source-Software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-source-software.681570/
Relevancy 59.34%

Over the past month, my programs -- Office 2010, Quicken, etc. -- will no longer open on start-up. There are no error messages. Outlook, for example, will not open from the task bar or from within "programs" on the start menu. The Icon highlights and the "activity" circle shows, but then shuts down. The only way I can get them to work properly is to do a system restore. Conversely, IE 8 opens up and all of the Windows 7 O/S features work normally. It seems as though a link that connects my programs with the O/S fails to load. Is my problem unique? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

A:Software Won't Open on Start-up

You could try restoring the default lnk and exe extensions from this tutorial see if that solves it first - Default File Type Associations - Restore

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/199543-software-wont-open-start-up.html