Windows Support Forum

Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software

Q: Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software

I have been given a PC with Windows Home of 2011 client software Removal Windows Server Home Premium bit This was a client PC from a small old Windows Home Server system which has now been dismantled as the server PC failed My unit works fine but I cannot remove the irritating Server client items from it - Launchpad and Alert Services etc etc Have looked everywhere on the disk but cannot find any uninstall file anywhere All the relevant files seem to be in the Program Files Windows Server Bin folder but nothing found there No separate uninstalling prog will work either Have considered starting up the PC in Safe Mode physically removing the Windows Server folder and contents then running a registry cleaner to tidy up the loose ends Am concerned that this might make the PC unstable so ask if anyone has any useful suggestions For now I have worked through the Start Up process and inhibited the ones considered relevant Also CCleaner has stopped the Launchpad This has worked but would like to permanently remove Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software the unwanted items Ted

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Removal of Windows Home Server 2011 client software

No one has supplied any suggestions as to my programme removal so decided to risk it and do it myself as described.
Backed up whole HD plus registry, restarted in basic Safe Mode then physically removed all traces of WHS 2011 in file system.
Emptied Recycle Bin then restarted as normal.
No disasters occurred so used CCleaner and Advanced Uninstaller PRO. They mopped up the loose ends and everything seems to be fine now. Job done!
I suppose the same process could be used for most difficult to remove items.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/363671-removal-windows-home-server-2011-client-software.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a file server at home with a Quad core gb ram and a tb of storage It is running Ubuntu Home Windows Server choose: R2 Windows Server 2008 vs. 2011 Help Desktop and sharing video files primarily From my school I have access to a free copy of Windows Server R Other than the server I have Windows Help choose: Windows Home Server 2011 vs. Windows Server 2008 R2 desktops Windows laptop and Windows Vista laptop I am interested in moving to a Windows setup as I am done with the Ubuntu experiment WHS looks like what I need but I have a free copy of WS and I would miss the for WHS My goals can be described best as Need to Haves File media server local network Dedicated game server for various games for friends Print server Nice to Haves Music Video Streaming over the internet Automatic backup server File server over the internet Ability to manager other PC s Help choose: Windows Home Server 2011 vs. Windows Server 2008 R2 from the server My ability as an admin No experience Willing to learn and put forth initial effort to get setup Don t have time to really spend more than day moving from Ubuntu to the new setup Don t want to be stuck constantly screwing with things to get it right or keep it running What is going to be best option for my situation

A:Help choose: Windows Home Server 2011 vs. Windows Server 2008 R2

Honestly, I use both in their proper settings, and unless you have a domain at home with multiple users, Windows Server 2008 R2 is overkill...and would require much more tweaking and add-in apps to do what you want. Given your write-up, WHS 2011 is the way to go. It does much of what you want out of the box, and is designed for people who don't want to become server admins (or at least not be forced to).

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/216054-help-choose-windows-home-server-2011-vs-windows-server-2008-r2.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Although this is not related to the Windows 7 OS, I do have a question regarding the Windows Home Server 2011 software. I have bought this software online today and was wondering if anyone has used it and/or has had great success with it. I was thinking about running it and deploying its features/functions across my network through a virtual machine. Would this be a good or bad idea? Essentially, the VM would only be ran when a network machine was needed. The alternative was going to be using an XP tower that's about 6 years old and I don't know if I would trust it on for 12-24 hours because of its age.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows Home Server 2011

Cody, Windows server 2011 is a subset of server 2008. It works fine as it will allow you to backup your local machines and allow the sharing of files. It should be on a separate machine that is on all the time. Not a VM as that would not be as reliable as a separate computer.
Just install it on a separate machine and make sure that the ventilation is good.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/261984-windows-home-server-2011-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I recently read the following about Windows Home Server Microsoft announced that they are removing Drive Server 2011 Home Windows Extender from the next version Version of Windows Home Server Drive Extender is a critical piece of technology that allows you to easily add more hard drives to your server have a single pool of storage for all your data and it provides for data redundancy - so if one hard drive crashes your data is kept on a nd Windows Home Server 2011 hard drive Click to expand Can anyone confirm whether the above statement is correct incorrect The report does not state whether quot Drive Extender quot is to be replaced by Windows Home Server 2011 newer functionality it simply states that this functionality will no longer be available in WHS My own view of WHS was that the functionality provided by quot Drive Extender quot was the heart of the system and in fact the primary purpose of having another layer of OS functionality in addition to the local layer e g XP Vista W I am confused as to what the purpose would be of installing WHS if it did not have quot Drive Extender quot technology Am I not understanding something of basic importance here T nbsp

Pretty sure I can confirm that. I beta tested most of the WHS versions and I did get an email straight from the WHS Manager a few months ago saying that they were going to do that. I think with the advent of really cheap Terrabyte hard drives they no longer felt Drive Extender was needed.

I had heard a rumor that 3rd party developers were going to write their own add-ons to work like Drive Extender.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-home-server-2011.988845/
Relevancy 81.27%

I see Windows Home Server 2011 is $52.99 on Amazon, while Windows 7 Home Premium is $99.99. I understand generally that the two versions are targeted for
different uses, but ..... what's wrong with using WHS 2011 on a workstation/PC?
Is WHS 2011 missing important features for normal PC users? Thx, Gus

It is missing some features, but mainly the compatibility will be issues. It is a server OS, meaning you'll need server-compatible system utilities. WHS is also designed to be headless, and managed remotely.

The main point is, if you go to the store looking for a hammer, don't buy a screw driver just because it's cheaper. Use the right tool for the job.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/191043-windows-home-server-2011-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I have installed WHS several times onto separate Sata HDD s and received the same random BSOD on both installs x BAD POOL HEADER Ive ran a full chkdsk on both the HDD s I have and also ran memory tests on the GB of RAM I have with no errors I have an unknown device that is not installed correctly in device manager a media audio controller The RIG im using is a HP workstation xw which shipped with XP installed and XW6200 2011 HP Home Windows Server runs fine but still has the unknown device in device manager I have tried to DL the drivers from HP website for the vista bit version for the audio drivers it supplies but they do not resolve the unknown device that doesnt really matter as Im not playing sound from my server anyway just thought you would want to know in case its whats causing my problem This problem happens randomly whenever it feels like and whether the RIG is logged into the admin account for the server or not I remember reading a fix for windows server for an NTFS corruption but im unsure of whether this will resolve this issue I have attached my dump files in the zip so if your into it and can look through it then please tell HP XW6200 Windows Home Server 2011 me what I can do to fix it If you want anymore info let me know Thanks nbsp

A:HP XW6200 Windows Home Server 2011

The 13 dump files all show "BAD_POOL_HEADER" with Ntoskrnl.exe... This usually points to memory issues. What program did you use to check the memory? Can you swap it out for test purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-xw6200-windows-home-server-2011.185090/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey - I am looking to get some help with a WHS 2011 dump file. Can I use the same instructions/utility for Win7/Vista listed in the instructions?

A:Windows Home Server 2011 BSOD

Hi and Welcome to TSF
Can you list the specs of your Computer? Make and Model if custom build then list the parts
Also you can upload the dump file here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-home-server-2011-bsod-607999.html
Relevancy 80.41%

So I'm doing the preliminary work to potentially replace an aging file server that I currently have in my house A few days ago I did the research on simply doing a NAS device like the NetGear Ready NAS Ultra Plus and am generally pretty happy with what I have found Now I Home Server Build a Windows Considering 2011 am considering the alternative of using something else like Windows Home Server and giving it a fair shake My original goal was to have something Simple didn't really want to have another system to maintain Inexpensive I don't need astounding performance Quiet and Low Power Consumption Data Protection is important although I will back up regularly and keep offsite Offer DNLA support for streaming to devices like my PS and Xbox I'm starting to reconsider the use Considering a Windows Home Server 2011 Build of the NAS device as the RAID will cost me of my usable space With something like Windows Home Server I can choose to NOT duplicate some of the non important stuff Internet downloads ISO's all that stuff that I can simply re-download in the event of a catastrophe and this means that I will have more disk space usable within my server Originally when Windows Home Server came out I was very excited about the Drive Extender technology that allowed for easy drive pooling but then Microsoft decided to discontinue DE for Windows Home Server From what I have found there are rd party vendors out there making Add-In support that seems good StableBit I tested yesterday in a VM and it seems like it might be a good fit and is only So I'm at the point where I am trying to assemble a list of hardware that will work for a Windows Home Server machine So looking for suggestions and thoughts on cases mobos and cpu's which will accomplish my goals of keeping costs down Anybody have any suggestions I'll likely buy everything from NewEgg or potentially some hardware from Amazon

A:Considering a Windows Home Server 2011 Build

Y'know - I went down this path 6 months ago. Eventually I ended up on Windows 2008 R2. The main reason instead of WHS 2011 was that I also run WSUS, Coldfusion, Firebird DB Server, and IIS. WHS was not the right choice.

But, I was previously running on Windows XP, and it did everything I needed. The only reason I upgraded to Win 2008 R2 standard was so I could take advantage of more memory.

I have a Technet subscription so cost of the OS was largely moot.

My system has 7 x 2TB WD EARX SATA 3 drives ($400~), though I don't have 7 SATA3 ports, so some of the drives are running at SATA 2.

I settled on an Intel I5-2400 CPU ($177), which is only marginally overclocked, 8 GB Corsair CL7 1600 MHZ memory ($69), on a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 mobo. I put in a GTX 450 1GB Video card ($80), because I had it lying around, and there is no Video on the Z68X mobo ($149). The case is an Antec 900 - 2; Only because I like that case, it costs $90 and its easy to keep cabling tidy and with 7 drives I was worried heat would be a problem. As it is, temps are running at 27C most of the time. All fans are set on low speed, and I'm running a stock cooler.

The PSU is an ANTEC Truepower 750W ($132).

The system costs approximately 8 cents per hour to run. (Given that we pay 26.5c per Kilowatt)

The Z68X only has a single Gigabit NIC. On reflection, the only thing I would change is running two NICs. I have gigabit cabling and switches throughout the house, so I could have improved overall performance, but it's acceptable as it is I guess..

Important stuff is backed up to a couple of external 2 TB drives via USB 3. I don't run RAID of any sort, and static stuff is imaged to a Blu-ray Disk monthly. If I were to lose a drive it would not be a disaster, as the contents can typically be recreated without too much hassle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222594-considering-windows-home-server-2011-build.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My WHS Dashboard will just close out after a few seconds of it being open. I cannot do anything in that time period. It also happens from the web, and from the server itself. Help?

EDIT: M$ helped me and it is all fixed.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53722-windows-home-server-2011-dashboard-issues.html
Relevancy 78.69%

If I should not Post this on this forum, feel free to help me and tell me a forum for this.

The other day, I built my first server (Well, not really built it, It was an HP Pavilion XD) I set it up perfectly with Windows Home Server 2011 and when I went to set up remote access, I get this (the attachments)

My router is a Linksys WRT160Nv2. I set up UPnP and did what Microsoft said here for my router: Windows Home Server Router Setup - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Any help?
P.S. My ISP is Wave Broadband here in Bow, Washington.

A:Remote Access not working on Windows Home Server 2011

Well, the first thing we need to know is, does the server have a static IP address or Dynamic? Normally a server will have a static IP address but sometimes not.

1. Check for a static ip address
2. If not static, change it to a static ip address

Report back what you find and we'll dig a little more.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/46151-remote-access-not-working-windows-home-server-2011-a.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have created a Windows Home Server 2011 VM as a guest OS inside of Windows 10, which is the host OS. The VM is working and the networking is working (whew!). But I cannot figure out a way to get the integration services working. I've already selected Enhanced Session Mode in the Hyper-V Manager and Guest Services in the Integration Services portion of the VM settings. Can someone please provide me with a clue on how to get this working?
Thank you.

A:Hyper V: Integration Services for Windows Home Server 2011 VM?

Originally Posted by elessar25

I have created a Windows Home Server 2011 VM as a guest OS inside of Windows 10, which is the host OS. The VM is working and the networking is working (whew!). But I cannot figure out a way to get the integration services working. I've already selected Enhanced Session Mode in the Hyper-V Manager and Guest Services in the Integration Services portion of the VM settings. Can someone please provide me with a clue on how to get this working?
Thank you.

Anyone?

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/32242-hyper-v-integration-services-windows-home-server-2011-vm.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have two Windows 7 machines which both flawlessly access my Home Server 2011 via Remote Desktop.

When I attempt to access the Hone Server via Live Live Mesh "Connect to this Computer" I receive a log in screen request for a Ctrl-Alt-Del. Clicking the Remote Desktop Window link to issue the request has no affect. No other action is available except to disconnect from the server.

How do I solve this issue?

GW

A:Windows Live Remote Acces to Home Server 2011

Have you tried pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del ? Remotely the command is Ctrl-Alt-End. If it's what I think it is after doing so you should have a login screen to enter your user name and password for that computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239232-windows-live-remote-acces-home-server-2011-a.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I installed the 64bit version of the Windows Home Server v1 client on my Win8 PC last night and it installed just fine. The PC was backed up and the WHS console correctly shows the PC as "Win 8 Enterprise". I'll test the recovery functions this weekend and report back here. So far, so good!

A:Windows Home Server v1 client installed just fine...

It works! The attached screenshot shows the Win8 client added and backed up. I restored a file yesterday and everything worked perfectly!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/9495-windows-home-server-v1-client-installed-just-fine.html
Relevancy 76.11%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 71.38%

I just installed a windows home server 2011 box on the network, all the other systems on my network are Win7 64 Ultimate, with Kaspersky KIS 2011 as the AV/FW.

The only thing I have done to the home server 2011 is all of the MS updates and added one user name (so I would be able to connect to it)

BUT I CANT!

No matter what browser I use I always am getting a 404. Ive tried both firefox and IE9. the syntax i am using to try to connect is http://servername/connect

I should note that I have tried TWO installs at this point with no luck, any ideas?

A:Home Server 2011 help! cant connect

also tried doing a http://IPADDRESS/connect to no avail, trying to rule out the DNS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/159826-home-server-2011-help-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

I seem to have the same issue as the poster below - except that I'm runnin Windows Vista. I can't seem to be able to download any program - even in safe mode - as the malware starts popping up it's own security windows. I would greatly appreciate any help.

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-oth...5697-vista-home-security-malware-removal.html

Thanks

A:Vista Home Security 2011 Malware removal

I was really hoping that someone can help on this. It's been 2 days since my original post; so I thought I would bump it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-home-security-2011-malware-removal.989491/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I ve picked up a nasty virus tonight where quot Vista Home Security quot dialog box popped up It has completely shut me out of all my applications including MBAM and Avira In SafeMode when I attempt to open them using quot Run as Administrator quot I get a message box stating quot This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Create an association in the Set Associations control panel quot I am using Mozilla Firefox in its own safe mode and have attempted to download other virus scanners but I receive the same message when I try to run the app I followed the instructions from the link below to manually remove Windows amp registry settings as directed After rebooting it didn t improve anything http www precisesecurity com rogue vista-home-security- Please help me out Thanks MI managed to run DDS but I am not able to access Defogger amp GMER due to same reason as stated above Here are the DDS results DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Mike at on - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT virus Vista removal Security 2011 Home - SP Windows Defender enabled Vista Home Security 2011 virus removal Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - Vista Home Security 2011 virus removal e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Vista Home Security 2011 virus removal Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows system Taskmgr exeC Users Mike Desktop dds scrC Windows system conime exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www thestar com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dlluRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRunuRun Eraser RiskMonitor quot c program files east-tec eraser launch exe quot quot c program files east-tec eraser etRiskMon exe quot uRun Google Update quot c users mike appdata local google update GoogleUpdate exe quot cuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exemRun DXM Patch c windows p exe Q AmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot minmRun LELA quot c program files linksys linksys easylink advisor Linksys EasyLink Advisor exe quot minimizedmRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptmPolicies-explorer BindDirectlyToPropertySetStorage x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLDPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B - hxxp appldnld apple com edgesuite net content info apple com QuickTime qtactivex qtplugin cabDPF CCA D- A - E -B - DEE D - hxxp upload facebook com controls v FacebookPhotoUploader cabDPF ECB AA- - C-A AB-D DAD EE - hxxp h www hp com ediags gmn install HPProductDetection cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - ... Read more

A:Vista Home Security 2011 virus removal

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388383/vista-home-security-2011-virus-removal/
Relevancy 69.23%

Ok so i want basicly to home host a VPN and that is what i do at the moment So i tried with my PC) (Client) Home Server not (Hosted DNS VPN Responding at friend after i did finish the setup i did setup the VPN in the Windows Networks interface over quot Incomming Connections quot and i did portforward and the worst is that when my friend connects upto the VPN from his PC at his home not Local to my IP then it says on my PC he is connected But here VPN (Hosted at Home PC) (Client) DNS Server not Responding comes the problems at his PC the Network Icon turns into a yellow warning icon and when he clicks troubleshoot it says quot DNS Server does not respond quot but at my PC here it even says he is connected to the VPN but also says no connection over IPv and the same on his side What can we do to get a connections from my PC to his PC over the VPN so he can access the Internet over my Internet instead like lets say he has a blockade on for example www facebook com at home wich he of course doesnt has it is just an example and he connects to my VPN as he accesses my Internet instead he can open www facebook com instead of having it blocked one of the main purposes for a VPN and the data encryption of course Can anyone help me tell me how to fix the issue Here some screenshots My PC Language German My Friends PC Language Norwegian And as you can see on my PC it says he is connected and as you can see on his PC it also says he is connected but he cant access the Internet or anything else related to the web Now prepare for the funny part We were on Skype and as he connected to the VPN and quot lost quot the Internett Access we were still talking i guess thats because Skype still runs over the home network while the rest tries to access internet over the VPN connection P And yes im German my friend is Norwegian i live in Norway am from Germany i speak fluently German and Norwegian blablabla Thanks for help in advance

A:VPN (Hosted at Home PC) (Client) DNS Server not Responding

Bump....

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45142-vpn-hosted-home-pc-client-dns-server-not-responding.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all,

I've looked around the forums and haven't found a decent answer to this...

Does anyone know a specific date for the release of the x64 version of the connector software for Windows Home Server?

I believe MS said in the first quarter of 2008, but I was hoping that someone had a more specific date than that... perhaps someone from MSDN or the WHS team can answer this question in greater depth???

Thanks

A:Windows Home Server connector software (x64) release date?

Hi

The x64 Connector will be bundled in with Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 which Microsoft have slated (somewhat vaguely) as shipping in the first half of 2008.

My hunch is that we won't see this in Q1. As soon as a date is released we'll announce it over at We Got Served (We Got Served - The Windows Home Server Site)

Cheers
Terry Walsh
MVP - Windows Home Server

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/131339-windows-home-server-connector-software-x64-release-date.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there to any of you network Gurus -- I'm testing a Virtual version of Windows Server What I'd like to do is to set up a VPN so I can access it from another computer Windows in the LAN while testing but using a VPN rather than RDP A FREE VPN server and client is what I would like at this stage Eventually I would like to login from a mobile phone too - but later The VPN should just present a LOGIN screen to the user and then show a basic desktop with just say Office and IE installed on it I'm totally VPN and VPN AND Create (Server client) Free software good new to this sort of stuff - so SIMPLE to start with - I don't want to get into quot Remote Roaming quot Domains or any other quot Geeky stuff quot at this stage -- just the simple basics - LOGON etc Any links greatfully appreciated -- there's so many to choose from so I don't know where to start The network connectivity to the server works fine --at least with RDP so I don't have to worry at least about that bit of the system Cheers jimbo

A:Create VPN and good Free VPN software (Server AND client)

First off, a vpn in just a virtual network connection, so it won't natively present you with a desktop or applications. It will get you remotely connected to the network, from there you will launch something else to connect to a desktop, either rdp, terminal services, etc.

Doing a VPN is natively built into sever 2012, so you won't need any software, free or otherwise to setup a.basic VPN.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34383-create-vpn-good-free-vpn-software-server-client.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys!

Do you know of any server-client type of program/software (shareware/licensed) that allows users (intranet/internet) to view add, edit, delete files/folders? The server application must also accommodate dynamic IP while the client side must involve minimum configurations.

It would also be great if it includes a discussion interface - chat, boards, etc.

Thank you very much!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-client-file-sharing-software-program.921763/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi

I need to setup home network.at the moment i have one desktop at home.my requirement is that if i buy another system with minimum requirement and set it as client and my machine as server to surf the internet and use other applications, then from where should i start.
what is minimum hardware required?i have linux and xp both installed on my machine.
hope i defined the problem clearly. i am willing to provide more information.

please help. thanx

A:Home Network Setup for internet surfing and client/server

You need a router, not a server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-setup-for-internet-surfing-and-client-server.539244/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hiya,

Thanx for taking the time to help...

My friend sent me your link to the helpful info page you have for fixing my problem...

As part of my problem is i can't install downloaded programmes you sugest using a usb stick and downlpoad from a clean pc...

I did that, but it still wont install on the infected pc...

The actual note that pops up is the 'registry can't find the requested environment' - or 'the environment registry is missing' or something like that...

I'm stumped!

Any ideas???

Thanx again x

ps: i don't know how to zip the notepad files, but since they are frm this laptop - the clean one - im not sure you'd want them anyway...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401200/2011-vista-total-security-2011-and-win-7-home-security-windows/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello, I have been searching for a good application which enables me to stream content to my Philips 7000 series 3D LED television.
I previously have been using my PS3 for this with PS3 Media Server, and I'm looking for a similar application for my PC to stream directly to my TV.

If anyone can name one or a few, whether it's free or payed, I would be much obliged.

Thank you

A:Home server software

This is one I've heard is pretty good.

Mezzmo - The Ultimate DLNA Home Entertainment Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/184436-home-server-software.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Is there somewhere similar to this where I can get help with Windows Server 2011?

All I'm trying to do is add Google as a search provider in IE8, and I'm hitting rafts of problems, and not getting even remotely close to success.

I go: Tools -> Internet Options -> Change search defaults Settings -> Find more search providers

I get a new IE8 window with a "Content is being blocked" for http://az307127.vo.msecnd.net (and then several others). I don't have a clue what to do about this, so I just close the window.

Eventually, I get a webpage that mentions Google with an "Add to Internet Explorer". I click that button, but all I get is "! Error on page"

A:How to get help with Windows Server 2011

Why can`t you just go to google.com when you want to do your search ?

Set it as the home page. Google.com is the home page on everyone of my computers.

You gotta remember, server editions behave a little different then regular consumer oriented versions of windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/278652-how-get-help-windows-server-2011-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I hope I'm posting in the right section Especiall since this is windows based forum I had near the same dilemma a few years back and now I have the opportunity to get a server and some client computers for cheap from an office closing I'm being offered either a dual core work station that have windows server loaded or a quad 2008 Windows r2, or server 2011 core server with server small business Then some workstations with windows I pretty much need some advice and path of direction because I'm beyond rusty with server and I only helped a friend installed it a while back What I want accomplished is to be able to do the following Log off one workstation as a certain user account then log back on through another workstation with the same account and have access to all my previously saved work Windows server 2008 r2, or 2011 maybe virtualization have certain network drives setup for each user account Setup a vpn to synchronize certain folders Have the user accounts and data on the server setup printing limits Pretty much Even though I'm not there yet in the real world I'm trying to emulate an office network Currently I have routers Windows server 2008 r2, or 2011 and a switch The main router has on dd-wrt and handles dhcp and the other router is pretty much an extension Any advice and help is appreciated I'm leaning towards the dual because it's cheaper but I can try to sell my laptop to get some money for the quad core Can I also create quot guest quot like accounts that have no access to certain items and will not attach all drives Do I have to install the programs on the local computer or should I install them on the server Is this something I should do in another os like linux I was thinking windows server since its pretty much a windows network and since it's being included So far what i'm thinking for the network drives is a logon script but don't know where to have it set up on I'm thinking that if everything is done through the server then I can deploy it via the active directory user list maybe They also have some terminals there but since I have a few desktops I don't think I'm interested I do have a bit of curiosity on how those are setup

A:Windows server 2008 r2, or 2011

I found some info, it seems as if I have to use a domain controller. I know it houses a user database, but is the content and any information that is for the user account handled locally on the workstation or the server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/260296-windows-server-2008-r2-2011-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Dose any one know how to locate HP EX485 MediaSmart Home Server software i bought this system and the supplier say that they dont have the instalation disk can any one direct me where to get the instalation software.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-EX485-MediaSmart-Home-Server-software/td-p/5632026
Relevancy 59.77%

I am trying to complete Antivirus Removal 2011 2011 and AVG the removal of AVG and Antivirus I am probably complete but now I am unsure of two issues The following line appears in the HJT log file O - HKLM Run setup ksetup k c program files installshield installation information fef - e f- b - b-a c fd cd setup ksetup k exeSpybot Search and Destroy continues to bring up a dialog box AVG 2011 and Antivirus 2011 Removal indicating a registry change is being made and should I all or deny I have continued to answer quot deny quot The prompt continues to pop-up every few minutes I completed the RKill process eXplore exe for AVG 2011 and Antivirus 2011 Removal AVG found on the bleeping computer website Ran in safe mode with networking If I need to upload the complete HJT log file pleaselet me know Thanks Here is the HiJackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT AVG 2011 and Antivirus 2011 Removal MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis CDP afcdpsrv exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpctrl exeC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exeC Program Files Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exeC Program Files Acer Display eDisplay Management DTHtml exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exeC Program Files FarStone RestoreIT XP VBPTASK EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Plugins AM dtsslsrv exeC Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared DTSRVC exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exeC Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Drivers pdisrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Drivers pdiSdkHelper exeC WINDOWS system igfxext exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM R... Read more

A:AVG 2011 and Antivirus 2011 Removal

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. Thanks and again sorry for the delay. We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logThanks.DR

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387444/avg-2011-and-antivirus-2011-removal/
Relevancy 59.77%

Quote:
A free Windows multimedia and home automation application is released, called the Digital Home Server (DHS). Thanks to the nice graphical interface, DHS looks great in your living room, where it can act as a media player.

DHS is a hobby project that has grown wildly in size, and started as a graphical interface for 7" USB monitors. The current version can handle any monitor size from 7" up to whatever, and the screen design will be adapted accordingly. Moreover, the layout is touchscreen compatible, so even on small monitors you can still easily control all functions.

more..

A:Free HTPC Software released : Digital Home Server

It's been a while since I release the Digital Home Server, so I though I give a little update on the modules that have been released in the meantime :

Analog clock

DVD Player : play DVD from optical disk or local hard disk

Scribble Pad : a little drawing application

Wakeup module : set alarm time, and wake up with music

Picasa slideshow : photo slideshow with Picasa Web Albums

Notify My Android : send free notifications to your Android smartphone

I hope you like DHS as much as I do !

Soitjes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/169895-free-htpc-software-released-digital-home-server.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently replaced our Windows Small Business Server 2003 with a Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials server using the same domain name and same computer name. When I tried to join an existing Windows 7 Professional computer to the new domain,
i kept getting trust relationship errors. I logged on to the workstation using a local login and rejoined the domain but now all the items on the desktop have disappeared including the connection to Windows Live Mail. Can I restore this?

Allen K Dunn

A:Windows 7 Professional and Small Business Server 2011 Essentials

Hi,

According the issue, I suspect that your machine created a new user profile in this case. The user profile path is stored in registry, here
is the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList(check the picture).  Please check the value of ProfileImagePath.

Also, please take a screenshot of C:\Users and post is here.William Tan
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fe78617d-4b6a-40d9-b6e3-d7c3a73152c4/windows-7-professional-and-small-business-server-2011-essentials?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello All I am new to this forum It seems like repair XP windows Home and Security 2011 the place I need to come to for a fix First I have an updated antivirus but it did not catch either of these nasties Both were encountered about one week apart while browsing the web as far as I can tell I am pretty sure it was pages I go to usually but in windows repair and XP Home Security 2011 both cases I saw a Java Sun logo appear but was not quick enough to kill the process before it did windows repair and XP Home Security 2011 its job First Windows Repair I managed to get my pc back to working order more or less that is I then contacted the support of my antivirus Panda and they had me run some scans and collect information but I am still waiting for other steps days later I have several executables that have appeared on my desktop I have deleted some but they seem to be coming back so I have left the last ones on They are all named null randomnumber exe I have sent one of them to Panda but they did not say anything about it even after I specifically asked Windows repair messed with my user profiles Start menu programs are mostly gone but still in C program files Favorites for my user have been switched for the All Users favorites but still in the profile System Restore cant restore successfully to any restore point Also the QuickLaunch keeps deleting my Outlook shortcut Ran all the scans i could think off Malwarebytes Panda local and online and a few more So yesterday while still waiting for word from Panda I got XP Home Security The Sun Java logo came on as well but this was even nastier than the first It took me a few hours to just be able to open regedit I am sure there are remnants left of both viruses and I would like help to get my PC back to what it should be So I have read the sticky and I believe I followed the instructions to the letter hope I did if not kindly point what I did wrong and I will correct it Any help greatly appreciated So here we go with the logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUNMain exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files EMS ScheduleService exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSANHost exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Nitro PDF Reader NitroPDFReaderDriverService exe C WINDOWS system StacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Eric Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google ca ig dell hl en amp client dell-row-rel amp channel ca amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sympatico ca default aspx lang en-CA R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL h... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-repair-and-xp-home-security-2011.989899/
Relevancy 58.91%

Okay so far I've setup windows built-in VPN server (using this GUIDE), forwarded ports on my router to port 1723 to my computers local IP and enabled PPTP passthrough. Created 2 rules in windows firewall to allow both TCP 1723 and GRE 47. I've even turned windows firewall off to see if I could connect that way. Still nothing. My phone will say connecting for about a 50 seconds then disconnect. Contacted Motorola and they said that the router will forward GRE with PPTP passthrough enabled, thta its most likely a Windows issue. I'm using a Galaxy S4 and the router is a Motorola SBG6580. I'm totally lost. No errors or anything from android or Windows.

A:Windows 7 server to Android VPN client not connecting

Maybe the following link will help. Any questions let me know.

How to: Windows 7 incoming VPN from Android ? Damian's Blog

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306452-windows-7-server-android-vpn-client-not-connecting.html
Relevancy 58.91%

The Microsoft Blog notes that they are tracking a Proof of Concept exploit. It targets the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem. The blog states that initial indications are that you need to be authenticated before you can take advantage of it. It affects Windows 2000 SP4, Windows Server 2003 SP1, Windows XP SP1, Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1965...The vulnerability is caused due to a double-free error in the handling of HardError messages within WINSRV.DLL...http://secunia.com/advisories/23448/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75905/windows-client-server-run-time-vulnerability/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys,

I created a VPN server using the Windows XP Pro network assistant. I would like to known, if anyone of you would know what registry key I need to edit to allow this VPN server to accept more than 1 simultanous connection.

If I create a VPN server using the network assistant in Windows Server 2003, by default it will allow multiple connections. But I do pocess a legal copy of Windows Server 2003, so I don't want to use it.

Since Windows Server 2003 use the same VPN server/client than Windows XP Pro, I presume this limitation is due to a registry entry. I would like to known which one it is so I could allow my Windows XP Pro to do the same.

Thanks in advance,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-allow-windows-xp-vpn-server-to-allow-multiple-client-connections.511469/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys,good day to everybody, I'm just wondering if its possible to use windows 7 Ultimate as a Server for thin client? I'll be using nc600 as my client terminal. The box says it supports windows 7. Is there any additional software I need to install on windows 7 server machine before I can use the client terminal? Or are there any guidelines on how this would work?. This is intended to be used for a school project which pertains to "latest innovations" its a group work ^_^. Thanks...

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 as Thin Client Server?

anybody? ....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386466/windows-7-ultimate-x64-as-thin-client-server/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All,
After patching the updates of an existing Windows 8.1pro Client, I'm unable to connect to shared folder of Windows 2003 Server...But, you can connect by typing the IP of the Server....Eg: \\192.168.1.2 but not by the Server name...eg: \\Tac-Server...
Please note that the Windows update went smoothly without any error and now it's showing no more windows update but directly upgrade to Windows 10.
Can you please help me to sort out this issue.
Thanks
Prabhath

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8ae6364-a177-4ddc-9b93-2d9fa93bdd2d/cannot-connect-to-windows-2003-server-after-updating-the-windows-81pro-client?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone I've looked around at other threads related Windows Error SP2 with Client Windows WSUS 80080005 7 Update server 3.0 to my issue and I can't seem to find a correct answer I have a computer lab that I've recently installed a Windows Enterprise image onto Dell Optiplex computers most are 's a few older 's I created the image using MDT and used one of the 's as a reference All has been well for about a month or two but recently computers are giving me Windows Update errors with the error code of I have a WSUS SP server running and all of my other computers seem to be getting their updates just fine nbsp WSUS has the problematic computers in it's database but it Windows Update Error 80080005 Windows 7 Client with WSUS 3.0 SP2 server shows that they haven't checked in for quot x quot days I have Avast Professional installed I Windows Update Error 80080005 Windows 7 Client with WSUS 3.0 SP2 server have OpenDNS configured to block bad websites etc and I also use an Untangle server to prevent access to bad websites nbsp I've ran a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scan on the affected computers as well as Windows Defender scan and Windows Live OneCare scans and all have found no malicious software I have also tried resetting the Windows update service as described here nbsp http support microsoft com kb nbsp as well as a script that supposedly does the same thing but also resets all previous update events but I can't find the script source right now I had ran it last week and it didn't work I'm currently running a SFC Scannow on one of the computers and now it has finished nbsp It gives the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service nbsp I'll have to google that next The last windows update that ran on the computer that I'm working on now was installed on - - and was a Windows Defender Update KB Def Previous to that was updates KB and KB I guess I'll have to look at all of the other machines to see if they have the same updates installed Anyway has anyone else had this problem nbsp I've seen vista home editions and RC's but no real Windows Pro RTM versions in business environments where updates were controlled by WSUS Thanks for any help that you can provide By the way I only work at this location once a week tuesdays well thursdays too but I'm next door to this building but I have remote access so bare with me on trying to fix things

A:Windows Update Error 80080005 Windows 7 Client with WSUS 3.0 SP2 server

Alright, I re-attempted to run the "SFC /scannow" command under a Administrator Command Prompt window, and got this error:
"SFC /scannow error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"
I searched around a bit, and found a suggestion to check that the TrustedInstaller/Windows Module Installer is running.
When trying to start the Windows Module Installer, I get this error: 

Windows Modules Installer - Error 1450 Insufficient System Resources
What a fun problem this is turning out to be.  I'd like
to just re-image these computers, but I fear that it'll just happen again and I'm wondering why it's only a handful of computers that are affected, yet I have over 65 machines that were all installed from the same exact image.

I'll keep poking along trying to find something that fixes this darn issue.  If anybody comes up with any ideas, I'll gladly try them.  Thanks!

Just found this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/42e2a200-defe-4c6b-a1b3-606836dcfabb
and I'm trying the suggestion to set the registry limit size to "no limit" (setting hex value of 0xfffffff) to see if it works.  If it gets the sfc to run, it might fix my windows update issue as well.
I have ArcGIS installed on 25 of the lab machines, and according to the link that I posted above, others have experienced problems after installing the ArcGIS software.  Hopefully I'm getting somewhere!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8d4ebdf4-9f69-4505-a7e2-0f2e1c6debb8/windows-update-error-80080005-windows-7-client-with-wsus-30-sp2-server?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

We have bound several Macs to the Microsoft AD domain. One of the reasons for doing this was to achieve a single sign-on environment. ie no need to reautenticate when connecting to one of the file servers etc.
The problem we have is that when we attempt to connect to the Win2003 fileserver using AFP we are still being prompted to reauthenticate wheras if we use SMB instead it connects staright away. We have noticed that the SMB connection works straight off as the Kerberos Domain Controller (KDC) issues the OSX user with a kerberos ticket which is viewable in the Kerberos.app on the Mac.
Does anybody have any ideas that may help with this ?
Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-no-single-sign-on-for-osx-afp-client.651686/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have to make a security tunnel between Linux(server) and Windows(client).

IS IS POSSIBLE TO CONNECT WINDOWS with LINUX USING ONLY IPsec ?

Tunnel will be using to remote administration Linux server.

Is any Windows Client IPsec for Windows ?
I don't want use pptp(unsecure) and l2tp(SLES 10 SP2 hasn't l2tp demon support), only ipsec

Have you any solution ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-connect-linux-server-and-windows-client-using-only-ipsec-352242.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Okay let me give you all the facts up until about 2003 Windows - deleted. Server not Client being Records DNS months we ran hardcoded PC s across the board We then got more and more laptops and are finding it easier to now run DHCP One issue I have is we are running DHCP off a Cicso router and not off the Windows server Also remember we have a bunch of subnets as each location is on its own vlan while this does not matter the same problem is happening Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted. with the local LAN with the hosting servers I just now went into DNS and noticed that our records are not being updated within DNS We had some records that are in our forward lookup zones that were months old that have no computername any longer even on the network In the reverse lookup zones there is more of the same where we Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted. have multiple records with the same IP This is happening in both forward and reverse lookup zones and is on different DNS servers Now scavenging was set for the forward lokup zones for days abut the reverse lookup zone was NOT enabled We went ahead and enabled it and then I did a forced Scavenge Stale resource records on both servers at the same time This did part of what I wanted but did not fix the entire problem In the forward lookup zones the A records that were stale are now gone at least the main ones that caused me to notice the problem to begin with In the reverse lookup zones there are still a TON of duplicates - PTR records for different PC s on the same IP and PTR records for PC on different IP s Now to sum it up and how to fix this - Why isn t the forward lookup zone scavenging anything more than days out to begin with Why won t the reverse lookup zones scavenge even with days scavenging Note some of these records date back over a year and I know they are stale but they are not being scavenged Is there any wayt to get a Cicso router that is handling DHCP to also update the Windows DNS or is this asking the impossible nbsp

A:Windows 2003 DNS Server - Client Records not being deleted.

Hello Stumped!

I am having the same problem in my environment with my reverse lookup zones. I have duplicate PTR records and scavenging does not seem to be working for the reverse lookup zones. I am at the point now where I am considering deleting my reverse lookup zone and recreating. I just have to answer a few questions about how I am going to recreate the reverse lookup entries that were created from manual forward entries. I would hate to have to do that part manually.

At any rate, I believe I can at least speak to your question regarding a Cisco device being used for dynamic DNS.

You're Windows 2000/XP clients should register their forward lookup name themselves. The DHCP server registers the PTR records on the client’s behalf. The client has the option of requesting to update both records; however, it is only responsible for actually updating the forward lookup zone. The reverse lookup zone in a Microsoft scenario is always updated by the DHCP server.

I have not been able to determine that Cisco routers actually support dynamic DNS. I have seen some documentation for security appliances that make it possible (but I don't think they work with MS DNS)

As far as what I've found from Cisco, they sell a DNS/DHCP solution called Cisco Network Registrar which supports dynamic DNS. My suggestion would be to pick one solution or the other. (I have no experience with CNR and I have no idea what it costs)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_user_guide_chapter09186a00801ef249.html

If you are using Microsoft DNS servers, I would be inclined to also use Microsoft DHCP servers for IP address assignment. What is the reason that you guys do this in your environment? As a network analyst my main concern with reverse lookup zones is simply that they work properly, so many network scanning/information gathering tools use reverse lookups to resolve host names and it's nice when the correct names are resolved.
Back to the Microsoft Reverse lookup zone stuff.

(I have not tested this, but as a side note you may play with turning off the round robin lookup feature that is enabled by default in Microsoft DNS, this is a feature that allows for load balancing. You can have multiple host records of the same name that point to different IP addresses, the DNS server responds in a round robin fashion to requests. Returning one result for the first query and the next result for the second query and so on. The only thing I don't know is how it will respond if this feature is off, if it uses the newest entry by default then this could be a temporary fix for your problem) I am thinking about playing with this in my environment temporarily until I can fix my reverse lookup zones for good. Take a reverse lookup entry that has duplicates and try this out. Do a nslookup xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and see how it responds each time, it should rotate through the list of duplicate entries.

At any rate, I hope this helps. Have you discovered anything new with the reverse lookup zone issue?

Thanks,

Jon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-dns-server-client-records-not-being-deleted.442571/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have 2 servers; windows 2000 & windows 2008, I can always access them via XP but my system 7 home can't authenticate. It appears to add the domain name as a preamble my user name in the authentication....does this make sense?

thank
-Jeff

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-logon-to-server-2000-or-server-2008-from-windows-7-home-469638.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I'm looking for a working DLNA player for Windows 10 that can find my dvd recorder and play my saved programmes and play live TV like LG smart TV can. My LG smart TV have DLNA feature and it's working perfectly, but i need DLNA player for Windows if my family use my TV

Google is bad to search things i'm looking for, and NO, i'm NOT looking for DLNA server.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52767-any-dlna-client-software-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Windows Updates have been a real thorn in my side since moving to the country where I have limited bandwidth ISP. I have 6-7 Windows PCs I (try to) keep updated, both XP and W7. I've tried downloading updates just ONCE using the Microsoft Update Catalog, but then I still have to note what pc needs what updates and install them manually.

Newegg's sale on Windows Home Server today has me wondering whether I might dedicate a PC to WSUS just to manage updates.

Can folks here with WSUS experience suggest whether this is worth doing? Or might be more trouble than it's worth vs. the manual "Update Catalog" method? Or tried w/WHS and that's a problem in itself? TIA for any feedback...

A:Windows Server Update Services and Windows Home Server -- worth doing?

I manage the WSUS implementation where I work. Overall, it's a pretty straightforward product. The only hassle will be going through the list of "all updates" for Windows 7 and for XP and declining the ones that don't pertain to your systems. The good news is that WSUS will determine for you, which are needed and which aren't and will place an icon next to the ones which you need.

I don't have experience with running WSUS on WHS myself....but I'm guessing it would be pretty much the same as doing it on a straight up Windows server.

As far as getting the clients to use your WSUS server, that's a simply registry change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/190494-windows-server-update-services-windows-home-server-worth-doing.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Last week the spouse s desktop was infected with the quot XP Home Security quot XP after with Virus Security XP infection Recovery Home 2011 Windows virus After several false starts removing it I followed the Windows XP Recovery Virus after infection with XP Home Security 2011 bleepingcomputers com removal instructions Edit registry run RKILL download Malware Bytes first under an Admin ID then under the infected user ID It disappeared but then started having AXWIN error on svchost exe svchost abends svchost looping and the occasional random infected webpage popping up AVG Free would block websites being accessed by svchost process After websearches downloaded SUPERAntivirus Software SAS and it found virus files that MB and AVG didn t Trojan Agent GEN-IEXPLORER fake and Trojan Agent GEN-PEC During the removal the PC halted rebooted and infected with quot XP Recovery Virus quot after logging it on Rebooted into safe mode ran MB and removed the virus Virus gone but still have problem booting onto user ID produces a blank desktop access to only quot Accessories quot and quot Startup quot Folders IE Outlook Remote Assistance and Media Player from the all programs window Even in safe mode on the Administrator these are the only items However MB finds all the directories on the PC during the scan Running a full SAS scan right now I suspect either registry problem or a directory problem What next to do Jim

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398534/windows-xp-recovery-virus-after-infection-with-xp-home-security-2011/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am running a Windows server with NICS in my office The internal LAN in the office is on xxx subnet mask The Second NIC installed for VPN has IP address I have configure RAS to work on the Second NIC It uses DHCP to give out IP addresses 2003 Problem-Windows VPN Routing Server/Vista Client to VPN clients in the xxx range My home network and Vista client machine are on xxx I can connect and register my Vista client machine on the network but I cannot ping any of the computers including the server in the office network I believe I have to set up some sort of a static route or a classless route or something like that so that the VPN client machine xxx can hop over to the office network xxx Can anyone VPN Routing Problem-Windows 2003 Server/Vista Client help By the way I know that the router is passing the traffic correctly because if I set up RAS to distribute an address to the VPN client in the xxx range using the existing NIC not the second NIC in the server everything works fine nbsp

A:VPN Routing Problem-Windows 2003 Server/Vista Client

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-routing-problem-windows-2003-server-vista-client.552556/
Relevancy 57.62%

The Client Connect to Windows server Essentials not working for PC on a network It didn't work a year ago when I set up the domain and the other PC's connected but the HDD died Windows to working server Essentials 2012 Client Connect not so I did a fresh install in Window Pro SP and put in all the updates and tried to connect agian The error is that it can't find the server I've tried everything else I've seen on the forums IP v only DNS is only set to the Windows Domain server below is the log for the connect attempt does anyone have any ideas nbsp edc wmain Start of Computerconnector nbsp edc wmain Calling Computerconnector ShowWizard nbsp edc CComputerconnector ShowWizard Initializing common controls nbsp edc CComputerconnector ShowWizard Done initializing common controls Client Connect to Windows server 2012 Essentials not working nbsp edc Displaying the wizard nbsp edc CComputerconnector AnotherInstallationErrorDlgProc IDD ANOTHER INSTALLATION ERR Page Initialization CComputerconnector Run Installation is ready to run GlobalData Client Connect to Windows server 2012 Essentials not working Initialize C Users BPOWELL JMS Downloads ComputerConnector exe ExpandEnvironmentStrings return C Windows Temp Client Deployment Files CComputerconnector Run Running Task Id Description Downloads the Setup cab file NetworkUtil DownloadFile https Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist NetworkUtil WinInetDownloadFile https Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab nbsp edc CComputerconnector AnotherInstallationErrorDlgProc DIALOG UPDATE PreCheckPass nbsp edc CComputerconnector ConnecttingDlgProc IDD CONNECTING Page Initialization InternetOpenUrl https Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId returns WinInetDownloadFile returns x f DownloadFile failed using https Try http NetworkUtil DownloadFile http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist NetworkUtil WinInetDownloadFile http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab Download from url http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId failed with HTTP error WinInetDownloadFile returns x ffff NetworkUtil DownloadFile http Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab failed with hr x ffff CComputerconnector Run Task Id Failed nbsp edc CComputerconnector ConnecttingDlgProc DIALOG UPDATE ServerNotFound nbsp edc CComputerconnector ServerDlgProc IDD SERVER Page Initialization e GlobalData Initialize server jms C Users BPOWELL JMS Downloads ComputerConnector exe e ExpandEnvironmentStrings return C Windows Temp Client Deployment Files e CComputerconnector Run Running Task Id Description Downloads the Setup cab file e NetworkUtil DownloadFile https server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab e NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist e NetworkUtil WinInetDownloadFile https server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab e InternetOpenUrl https server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId returns e WinInetDownloadFile returns x ee e DownloadFile failed using https Try http e NetworkUtil DownloadFile http server jms Connect default aspx Get Setup cab amp bit amp LanguageId C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp Setup cab e NetworkUtil DownloadFile - Create directory C Users BPOWELL JMS AppData Local Temp if not exist e NetworkUtil WinInetDownloa... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f45a7d4-b1e6-49f6-a844-62399aafadd7/client-connect-to-windows-server-2012-essentials-not-working?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.62%

I've got about 40 Senor Point of Sale tablets running Windows 7. They work just fine, but are failing to take Windows Update for Service Pack 1 (KB97632). The POS software is soon going to need this update in order for it to continue working.

I've deleted the Windows Update cache (SoftwareDistribution >> SoftwareDistribution.old) and nothing changed.

I've downloaded the update .exe and after it ran, nothing changed.

Check for Windows Updates only shows the SP1 update when I click to search online for updates, for what it's worth.

After the update has failed, I get error code 800736b3.

Apparently the billion and two solutions other people have aren't solutions for me.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77f465e1-e789-460f-ac78-0d90721a21d1/client-devices-failing-to-install-sp1-on-windows-7server-2012?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi All,

I am working as a system administrator in a gaming company around with 80 systems and 3 Linux systems (RHEL 5.0)..

The 80 systems are Windows Xp and server is Windows 2003 R2...These 80 systems are clients under this 2003 server..

But the three Linux systems are in workgroup..How can i add these three systems to Windows network..

As per my knowledge it is possible with WINBIND..

But tell me what are changes needed in Linux and as well as windows server 2003...

Please help me..

Thanks in Advance..

A:How can i Join RHEL 5.0 system to Windows server 2003 as a client

Please do not create multiple threads for the same problem.
Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/unix-linux/786943-how-can-i-join-rhel.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-join-rhel-5-0-system-to-windows-server-2003-as-a-client.786944/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have dell vostro 3500, and have been infected by windows 7 security 2011 trojan I cannot get rid of it won't let me download any virus scanner and my pc trend does not remove it. Also how do i boot the laptop into safe mode?

A:[SOLVED] windows 7 security 2011, win 7 home, dell vostro 3500

correction, the virus is win 7 security 2011

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-security-2011-win-7-home-dell-vostro-3500-a-561030.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 57.19%

There is a process running on my computer called csrss.exe

I went to http://www.processlibrary.com and looked it up and came up with 2 different things. One says it is a Trojan and needs to be removed. The same exact process name also says it is Microsoft client server runtime server and SHOULD NOT be removed.

How I am supposed to tell the difference so I do not make a mistake by either leaving it alone or removing it???

A:Process: csrss.exe (trojan or Microsoft Client Server Runtime Server?)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561994 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561994/process-csrssexe-trojan-or-microsoft-client-server-runtime-server/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hiya Developers can use the features of this Windows Rights Management API to build client applications that work with the Rights Management client and server to protect and license digital information of their own design The API is intended for software engineers proficient in C Complete documentation and code samples are installed with the SDK System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows Service Pack Windows Second Edition Windows Software Rights Kit Windows Management Development Client (SDK) ME Windows Server Windows XP Microsoft Windows Second Edition and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition require the Active Directory Client Extension commonly referred to as the DSClient The DSClient for Windows and Windows is available on any Windows Server Advanced Server or DataCenter CD-ROM Please reference the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Microsoft Windows Second Edition and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition users without the DSClient installed could still Windows Rights Management Client Software Development Kit (SDK) use the Windows Rights Management Client but the Service Discovery through Windows Rights Management Client Software Development Kit (SDK) Active Windows Rights Management Client Software Development Kit (SDK) Directory feature will be unavailable http www microsoft com downloads ce-d - d - -b faca a a amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

A:Windows Rights Management Client Software Development Kit (SDK)

Rights Management blows!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-rights-management-client-software-development-kit-sdk.164736/
Relevancy 56.76%

Using W Home Premium AVG Free Windows Media Player Hello Everyone I am a little concerned about this question as it may be construed that what I am trying to do may be called pirating I have been loaned a CD-R from a friend who has copied tracks lasting for hours onto it El Barrio - Discografia probably a compilation of all music from all or CDs I have my WMP set to automatically rip a new CD The CD will play in 2011 7 Player Cannot Windows in AVG Media W Home Free. Premium. rip 12Using CD Window WMP but I can not find a way to copy it when I put it in the tray It shows all the Cannot rip CD in Windows Media Player 12Using W 7 Home Premium. AVG 2011 Free. Window tracks and their names but there is no quot RIP quot button at the Cannot rip CD in Windows Media Player 12Using W 7 Home Premium. AVG 2011 Free. Window top or any indication under any of the tabs how to rip it My conclusion is that WMP will either not copy a CD that has been made privately by somebody This is the first privately made CD that I have tried to copy rip or there are too many tracks and WMP does not like this I would like to know if there is a way that I can rip it or copy it to my Music file If what I am asking is considered to be quot Illegal quot or quot Improper quot please inform me and I will withdraw the question Thanks colinito nbsp

A:Cannot rip CD in Windows Media Player 12Using W 7 Home Premium. AVG 2011 Free. Window

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-rip-cd-in-windows-media-player-12using-w-7-home-premium-avg-2011-free-window.1004979/
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok so my original computer was a Windows Home Premium and that's the PC I used to work I had REMOTE DESKTOP on it it to need Home connect on Windows to I home job's server from 7 Prem my worked fine and yes it was a Windows Home Premium but yesterday my I need to connect to my job's server from home on Windows 7 Home Prem original pc got fried and smoke came out of it so I am afraid to turn it on I am now using my back pc it I need to connect to my job's server from home on Windows 7 Home Prem is also a windows home premium build and I remember I use to have remote desktop on it but I right clicked disabled one day a long time ago and after that I was never ever able to get it back Ive been reading online that Windows home premium does not have the remote desktop option odd because my other pc had it Point is I need to connect to my job's server asaaap but I am unable to find a way to connect to I need to connect to my job's server from home on Windows 7 Home Prem their server I have their ip address and a special login pass the same way you do in windows remote desktop I have tried downloading those rdp patches and stuff and it just does not work I cannot find the remote desktop anywhere even have the install said quot listening quot and quot remote desktop successfully quot etc etc Is there a program I can use to connect to my work's server my boss uses windows remote desktop I tried using teamviewer and added the ip address but it doesnt work idk if you have to both be using the same program please in need of help here

A:I need to connect to my job's server from home on Windows 7 Home Prem

My last option is to upgrade to windows 7 pro and pay the $80 above for it JUST to get remote desktop
I'm trying everything possible though before that.. but I really need this to work in order to start my job

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354323-i-need-connect-my-jobs-server-home-windows-7-home-prem.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi server Windows 2000 98 client Windows using My friend and i at Univsersity have to create a Windows server and then make a computer using Windows able to connect to it and access files in shared folders This is all done using software called VMWare this prevents us using real computers do to the work in the probably event we would break them The problem is we get stuck near the end of the documentation we are given When the user on the machine tries to log in it just says invalid or unknown domain or it might even be password im not sure at the minute more likely to be domain as we set up the user accounts ourselfs The teacher asked us to try the ping command to try to connect to each other My friend on the machine could ping himself and my machine i could pinghost my machine but when i tried to ping the machine it said request timed out This seemed odd as he could ping my machine Windows 98 client using Windows server 2000 but i could not ping his the only thing i can think of about that is outbound connections have been blocked but we have been told security is disabled as default on Win servers Sorry about the large text file it wont let me add RTF files on here i Windows 98 client using Windows server 2000 tried to bold the part we are stuck on but it just changed the whole text of everything We are stuck on from Configure a Windows Client its near the bottom of the file Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-98-client-using-windows-server-2000.552471/
Relevancy 56.33%

Server has been great and online for about 7 months without issue.  Three times over the last two weeks, all clients' mapped drives just drop and Windows Explorer hangs...  I am not able to disconnect drives via command prompt, nor remap drives
via command prompt.  However, I can ping the server and remote desktop to the server perfectly.  No errors in logs on workstations or server.  Affects all workstations (60+ running Windows 7 Pro) simultaneously.  Client mappings to
other servers (Windows 2008 R2) running on the same switch are unaffected.  Reboot the 2012 server and you can reconnect to mapped drives by clicking on them in Windows Explorer.  Any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b2609857-0a6a-42cc-a462-56a8b96479ba/windows-storage-server-2012-randomly-drops-mapped-drives-on-all-client-pcs?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.33%

I was the first in the family to make the jump into Windows 7, and I installed 64 bit ultimate. The rest of the family is ready to move from XP to Windows 7. I have the 3 pack of home premium(HP) on the way. I need to downgrade my license from ultimate to HP, hopefully without having to reinstall all of my software/serial numbers & data. One of the kids with a more powerful compuer will get the Ultimate. I am using Acronis True Image Home 2011 for back-ups. I would like to reformat my drive C:, so the Win 7 HP installation is to a clean HD.

A. Is it possible?
B. How would I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:downgrade from ultimate 64 to home premium 64 w/true image home 2011

Quote: Originally Posted by netbadger

I was the first in the family to make the jump into Windows 7, and I installed 64 bit ultimate. The rest of the family is ready to move from XP to Windows 7. I have the 3 pack of home premium(HP) on the way. I need to downgrade my license from ultimate to HP, hopefully without having to reinstall all of my software/serial numbers & data. One of the kids with a more powerful compuer will get the Ultimate. I am using Acronis True Image Home 2011 for back-ups. I would like to reformat my drive C:, so the Win 7 HP installation is to a clean HD.

A. Is it possible?
B. How would I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Just curious, why do you have to "downgrade?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/184685-downgrade-ultimate-64-home-premium-64-w-true-image-home-2011-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm trying to decide between Windows Home Server and Windows Server 2008 R2 for my home server PC. Ordinarily it would be a clear cut choice, but I've got a free copy of Server 2008 R2 through my academic MSDN subscription. I'd like to avoid spending extra money if Server 2008 R2 would do the job. But I'm willing to buy Home Server should it prove necesary. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

A:Windows home server vs Server 2008 R2

Server 2008 R2 is a more fully functional product. You will be able to do similar things, but it might be a little more involved getting it set up and working. Plus, if you are interested in IT, you could use the Server 2008 R2 experience....but you won't get hired for your knowledge on Windows Home Server.

My vote is Server 2008 R2 without a doubt.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/159610-windows-home-server-vs-server-2008-r2.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I have an old ACER EasyStore H which figured out it v1 - Home restore Windows of Server Server should crash on me the other day In the unit I have HD's for OS and for DATA I have done restore not factory reset on the unit earlier and that has been successfull However I never had the amount of data on it as I do now So in a mildly panicked state I need to restore Windows Home Server v1 - restore of Server again I started with that yesterday and restore seems to be OK but when the WHS v connector software shows after restore it's just hanging and do not Windows Home Server v1 - restore of Server continue the installation so I can set a password on the unit So my questions are Would the connector software struggle due to my Windows Technical Preview version Does it make sense to remove data disks restore and put in data disk when done If possible for WHS to reckongnize the data drives afterwards Am I screwed tl dr - Server recovery WHSv doesnt complete and hangs when Connector software is about to be installed on Client computer Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/55556-windows-home-server-v1-restore-server.html
Relevancy 56.33%

A friend is moving his business and the new business park that he's setting up shop in internet. network LAN server/client server only, for for USB hotspot does not have anyway to get any wired internet to his building excluding a T line which he can't justify the cost of One windows machine acts as the server primarily for Quickbooks database and there are two other windows machines that are clients reading off said database He's getting one of those usb dongles for wireless internet service for the server only the other two computers will be tethered to a smartphone for internet for QB and windows updates periodically They do NOT want to share the servers wireless connection to the other machines My only concern was if the server LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. will continue to try to check the LAN for internet connectivity or will it check both network connections when one fails or is there a setting I can tell them to change to ensure it knows to go to the wireless dongle for internet all the time without interfering with the workstations talking to the server over the LAN to get to the database The setup at the old office LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. was business class DSL they are using a relatively new Linksys router which had the DSL authentication information Thank you

A:LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet.

I managed to find a solution this morning, for anyone that's interested, the whole article is here: Multiple Network Connections at the Same Time on Windows | Ivan Zlatev

But the short answer is, under the advanced properties of TCP/IP v4, uncheck automatic metric, set your internet to a value of 1, and the LAN to a value of 9999.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263541-lan-network-server-client-only-usb-hotspot-server-internet.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I'm working on a client/server with the Java programming language and trying to figure out how to protect my server. With my current Virus/Firewall protection suite theres nothing I can do to keep out unwanted Java applications on the port I choose to allow the Java SE Binary through for clients accessing the server application. ESET Smart Security 4 is what I am using. Does anybody know of a security suite that would allow only a specific Java application to get through the firewall? I'm not to sure on this subject because my firewall is identifying any Java application as only the "Java SE Binary" and not I'm sure if you can even really name your Java application like you would something you would write in C++. Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

Relevancy 56.33%

was trying to network my computer to the server but keep getting the message 'server not responding from client computer' can anyone help please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/client-computer-cannot-find-server-server-not-responding.727181/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm looking at setting up windows 2003 terminal servers all over the place to replace the awful thing people are currently doing here - vncing servers with one small shared password among everyone <holding my hands over my ears for the backlash>. Don't blame me, it's another awful legacy I have to get rid of...

1. I've got to set up a Terminal Server Licensing server and was thinking about putting this on my second domain controller. I was wondering what would happen in this server dies, though. Is there some way of having resilience in this scenario? Perhaps a second Licensing server or something, the way you have 2 or more Domain Controllers?

2. Also, I know that Windows XP has an RDP client, I've used before on many occasions, but what about all the Windows 2000 clients that I still have out there. What should I do for them to access the new Terminal Servers?

A:Terminal Server license server(s)? RDP client for Windows2K?

I'm not 100% sure on #1, but I believe that the TS licensing becomes integrated into the AD, so if one DC goes down, the other one will be able to check licensing. On another note, if you are using the TS for administration only, I don't believe you needs the TS Licensing to be installed.

For #2, you can download the latest version of the RDP client from MS's website. It should also be available through Windows Updates, although I think Win2K isn't supported any longer, other than Critical Updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-license-server-s-rdp-client-for-windows2k.528443/
Relevancy 55.9%

Why did my deployment of Windows 2012 fails with the error message, "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot
proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." OR I have components that didn't install drivers that are in my driver package?
example error in setuperr.log (from %windir%\Panther) shows the following failure information:

Error  CBS Startup: Failed to process advanced operation queue, startupPhase: 0.  Primitives are still pending. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]

Do I need to update latest KMDF http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2685811 if mean please share for windows server 2012

Pandiyan Muthuraman

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1cb321a7-2f85-4f8e-9651-a51cd9d5a0c0/client-operating-system-deployment-known-issues-and-workarounds-windows-server-2012-r2?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 55.9%

I am using the Windows Client VPN connection terminating to a Firewall.

The issue is that my home network is 192.168.1.x/24 and one of the servers I am trying to RDP into once connected to the Client VPN session is on 192.168.1.1. The VPN connection isnt overriding my home network routing in Windows so a ping, trace, and specifically RDP is trying to hit a home network device which is on 192.168.1.1 instead of the server across the established VPN.

In the VPN properties "Use default gateway on remote network" is checked in IPV4 Settings BTW.

I just need a full tunnel which overrides my local network

Thoughts?

A:Windows Client VPN connection isnt overriding my home network routing

change the IP range of your home network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365169-windows-client-vpn-connection-isnt-overriding-my-home-network-routing.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a laptop connection connected to ADSL 2+ via ethernet modem (non router) using Win XP.
I have a second laptop running Windows 7.

Both laptops have wi-fi.

How do I connect it so that I can use the internet connection via wi-fi on the Windows 7 laptop?

A:Windows XP Server - Windows 7 Client

its not possible i dont think if you have no device capable of OUTPUTTING a wireless signal.. therefore nothing for the laptop internal wifi to connect to (make sense?) therfore purchasing a adsl router would simply solve the problem.... link below
D-Link Systems D-Link DSL-2640R Wireless G ADSL2+ 4-Port Modem Router Wireless router - 4-port switch (integrated) - EN, Fast EN, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

this product would set you up for basic networking and more than likely be adequate for general browsing. have a look around they can sometime be found cheaper... remeber to search for an adsl2+ router..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/163064-windows-xp-server-windows-7-client.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I thought I at least vaguely knew what server meant but am now really confused after reading about KB2909921. As far as I know, I'm not a server. To me, a server is the person that brings my meal in a restaurant.

A:Windows Client or Windows Server?

Maybe:

Attachment 308058

Attachment 308059

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/323347-windows-client-windows-server.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all In Offices etc it's not a problem as these places usually have an email server probably something like Microsoft Exchange and an / have Basic W7 Home Email Client Premium Should Home email client such as Outlook So removing an email W7 Home Basic / Home Premium Should have Email Client client from the more quot Officy quot versions of W like Professional and Ultimate makes sense I do think they should W7 Home Basic / Home Premium Should have Email Client have left an email client back in with W for the quot HOME quot versions as these installations won't normally have the full office suite in them containing OUTLOOK and I know a lot of people HATE webmail type solutions - although obviously better than nothing Some people might have some problems with getting their VISTA Internet mail stuff into an appropriate W email client as well Maybe this is all a part of Microsofts idea into getting more and more users to use Microsoft Live and eventially quot The Cloud quot I like pretty well everything I've seen in W so far -- including the yet to be included quot XP compatability feature quot -- much much better than the stupid quot downgrade solution quot but I still think the lack of a built in email client - especially for home users is a bit of a mistake I actually quite liked Outlook express from XP -- simple easy to manage multiple accounts etc Most webmail based services are an abomination -- slowish hardish to manage attachments difficult to track sent mail and loaded with tons of ads Just my views but of course YMMV Cheers jimbo

A:W7 Home Basic / Home Premium Should have Email Client

Hi Jimbo,

Don't blame Microsoft for this blame the governments who tell them you can't use the virtual monopoly that you've worked for years to build up, to provide the user with added extras to the OS they need

The whole thing with the Windows Live suite of programs is Microsoft's attempt to avoid the regulators. It also means that you can now remove IE8 and WMC12 et al, if you so wish.

Hopefully when Windows 7 is released, the bureaucrats will still be too busy doling out money to the banks to bother Microsoft to much.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/7887-w7-home-basic-home-premium-should-have-email-client.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have windows 7 and have just been hit by this virus which runs a fake AV warning.... "win 7 antivirus 2011" scanner" I can't run any exe's to install my Malwarebytes from a usb.... where do I start..... Helpppp

** also in safe mode.

I can kill the process jbf.exe and it helps temporily, but if I try to run Malwarebytes it launches again... even deleted it from systems when I found it in prefetch folder.

ok, I just fixed my file association for exe so I was able to launch Malwarebytes...just removed a trojan and restarting...

A:win 7 antivirus 2011 removal

I was able to reinsall my AV and scan....fixing the file association did the trick... key was that when trying to open another program it would launch the fake AV

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-antivirus-2011-removal.994178/
Relevancy 52.46%

Good Morning I appologize for posting in the wrong forum with this already I need help removing a virus from my windows Server I have alredy resolved the issues of the Virus changing the path in the registry for the userinit exe file and I am able to log into my server This was done through a remote registry session to the server and I modified the key located at HKLM software microsoft windows nt currentversion winlogon The Key is Userinit and the path should read C Windows System Userinit exe Mine was pointing to the c documents and settings folder I am currently going through HiJackThis and need some assistance with the log Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Virus removal 2003 Windows Server saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe Windows Server 2003 Virus removal C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Dell SysMgt dataeng bin dsm sa eventmgr exe C Program Files Dell SysMgt dataeng bin dsm sa datamgr exe C WINDOWS system Dfssvc exe C WINDOWS System dns exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo Windows Server 2003 Virus removal exe C Program Files NTR global NTRsupport Installable RC installablerc exe C WINDOWS System ismserv exe C Program Files Dell SysMgt sm mr kserv exe C WINDOWS system ntfrs exe C Program Files Dell SysMgt oma bin dsm om shrsvc exe C Program Files Dell SysMgt iws bin win dsm om connsvc exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System Windows Server 2003 Virus removal svchost exe C WINDOWS System wins exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswWebSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe C Program Files EagleSoft Shared Files esinetconnect exe C Program Files XLink EzOpenBackup xEzBackup exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast aswDisp exe C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files EagleSoft Shared Files dbsrv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe F Cleaning HijackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files EagleSoft Shared Files ESMsgServer exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS system blank htm F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS SYSTEM Userinit exe O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe O - HKLM Run ESInetConnect quot C Program Files EagleSoft Shared Files esinetconnect exe quot O - HKLM Run XLink EzOpenBackup C Program Files XLink EzOpenBackup xEzBackup exe O - HKLM Run ESServer quot C Program Files EagleSoft Shared Files startsrv exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast aswDisp exe O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run bacstray C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe O - HKCU Run areslite quot C Program Files Ares Lite Edition AresLite exe quot -h O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd... Read more

A:Windows Server 2003 Virus removal

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. Please take note: If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER log Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381301/windows-server-2003-virus-removal/
Relevancy 52.46%

hello engineers,
how r yo all? Guys i need your help.
My problem is windows 7 hangs and freeze when access 2003 server Enterprise edition . This is not a small network, one of the biggest network.
i have doubt on individual users on domain.before 2 months we had department wise users mean, for example [email protected] But after we created the individual users like [email protected] to all users.
this is i believe the cause of problem. When we acess the server via the software it freezed for 5 seconds and then repeat to normal state. And after some time it hangs for 2 minutes.
we r a big company ,producing daily basis.hmmmm Openly very large media and press company. please any one know the exact problem? Thanks

A:windows 7 client and 2003 server: network Slow in very big Network !!

Hi Mohamed and Welcome to SF,

Pls. check your Server's Event Viewers error logs, especially DNS errors.

What type of Security or AV Software do you have installed in your Server?

Will it be possible for you to post an ipconfig /all output of one Win7 machine and the Server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185072-windows-7-client-2003-server-network-slow-very-big-network.html
Relevancy 52.03%

This server has no protection and is the main server (hosting exchange, active directory, dhs, etc) and I am concerned about security but not sure if running combofix on a sbs 2011 server is a good idea

A:should you run combofix on an sbs 2011 server

ComboFix was not designed to run on Servers. Most Servers are seen in business/corporate environments. The developer of ComboFix did not intend for his tool to be used in a business/corporate environment. Per the disclaimer...it was intended for non-commercial purposes only. The unique configuration of systems on a network vary from company to company and running ComboFix can cause unpredictable results.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577188/should-you-run-combofix-on-an-sbs-2011-server/
Relevancy 52.03%

Good with Anti 2011 Spyware Help XP removal evening A neighbours PC has fallen foul of XP Anti Spyware I've tried dealing with it through Malwarebytes in Safe Mode but this appears to have been disabled Could someone have a look at the DDS and GMER logs for me and advise on the best way forward Thanks Dave DDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by Peter at on Help with XP Anti Spyware 2011 removal Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k Help with XP Anti Spyware 2011 removal DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Peter Local Settings Application Data ttd exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C DOCUME Peter Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uStart Page hxxp www inbox com homepage aspx tbid amp lng en uSearch Bar hxxp toolbar inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid tb id amp language mStart Page hxxp www aol co uk aolbroadband uURLSearchHooks Inbox Toolbar d d d - f d- c-b c -e f b - c progra inboxt Inbox dll uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll mURLSearchHooks AOL Broadband Toolbar Search Class a e b - - a a-aab - f f a - c program files aol broadband toolbar aolbbtb dll mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe c program files nlqfoeqw vriryean exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files common files mcafee systemcore ScriptSn dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Inbox Toolbar d d d - f d- c-b c -e f b - c progra inboxt Inbox dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO fdd b - d - ffb- - b ad acc - c program files microsoft money system mnyviewer dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll TB amp Inbox Toolbar d e - f- e - cd - ab c ce - c progra inboxt Inbox dll TB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No File TB DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun AOL Dialer c program files common files aol acs AOlDial exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings peter local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun Awekire rundll exe quot c windows lt n dll quot Startup mRun HDAudDeck c program files via viaudioi hdadeck HDeck exe mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRun mRun Six Engine quot c program files asus epu- engine FourEngine exe quot -b mRun AOLDialer c program files common files aol acs AOLDial exe mRun SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot c program files thomson speedtouchusb Dragdiag exe quot icon mRun HostManager c program files common files aol ee AOLSoftware exe mRun mcui exe quot c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe quot runkey mRun Jcayecaguhimu rundll exe quot c windows eyomojokesiyovup dll quot Startup dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe dRun QRHketjnvB c d... Read more

A:Help with XP Anti Spyware 2011 removal

Welcome to TSF!

Just follow these steps. Please ask if there is something you are unsure about.

Step 1.
TDSSKiller:

Please read carefully and follow these steps. Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
Extract its contents to your desktop.
Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Step 2.
DDS:

Please rerun DDS in normal mode and post the logs in your reply.

Step 2.
Things I would like to see in your reply:
The content of the log from TDSSKiller in step 1.
The content of the logs from DDS in step 2.
Information on how the computer is running after those steps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/help-with-xp-anti-spyware-2011-removal-563522.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I m heading over to a non-technical friends house to help remove the System Tools spyware from his PC I don t have a lot of details yet but I wanted to start a post so that I can maximise my time there need to tuck in my month old so 2011 Removal System Tools I want to get in and out fast I m an IT Manager with about years experience I haven t had to do a cleanup in a while myself but one of my guys recommended this forum as well as ComboFix It s a -bit XP system but I m not sure if it is Home or Pro I ll find that out It looks like his AV doesn t exist so I had him install the free version of AntiVir over the phone I also had him run CCleaner in Safe Mode for System Tools 2011 Removal files and registry cleanup default settings Since the issue is specifically System Tools I was wondering where I should start when I get there Edit System Tools 2011 Removal Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:System Tools 2011 Removal

Hi .Take a look at BC Removal Guide, System Tool .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382597/system-tools-2011-removal/
Relevancy 52.03%

OS XP HOME Service Pack v AV and firewall AVG Security Suite currently disabled Post edited for attempt at more clarity and to add DDS and GMER logs Problem Computer only functions in Safe Mode after Malwarebytes removal of XP security In Normal Mode no software can be started AV firewall defender Malwarebytes browsers help and support etc Trying to run any software either generates a window asking which software is needed to run it or as for XP Help and Support or Windows Firewall or Defender the applications quot cannot be found quot I issues 2011- Security Removal XP have read several threads about XP Security removal but only after a problematic removal of quot XP security quot and am not sure how to proceed Following the hijack of my laptop by the virus and the disabling of all web browsing I was given a CD with some malware removal tools and some instructions in a notepad readme Instructions on CD were to install Malwarebytes and run it then Combofix or Spybot followed by CCleaner What I did In Safe Mode with Networking Trojan Fakealert and Trojan Dropper quarantined and deleted using Malwarebytes Upon Reboot second MB pass found the same infections but this time in system volume information restore Also successfully quarantined and deleted Upon Reboot blue screen Registry error two attempts Only way XP Security 2011- Removal issues I could reboot was using last good configuration A further pass with Malwarebytes revealed no malware I think XP Security 2011- Removal issues This is all I did I did try other things but aborted as I felt out of my depth and didn t want to risk making things more complicated I thought that it might be a good idea to delete recent Restore Points as they appear compromised infected restore files still in MB quarantine which cannot be done through the Help and Support in Safe Mode However in NORMAL MODE XP s Help and Support quot Helpctr exe Application cannot be found quot So I didn t delete anything Back in Safe Mode next instructions were to use Combofix to verify that malwarebytes has removed everything I decided to ignore Combofix following a message during install that it is incompatible with AVG Rather XP Security 2011- Removal issues than attempt the uninstall of an already compromised AVG and as I wasn t sure about using this software with my OS I cancelled the install I also Installed CCleaner but didn t quot fix quot anything as the registry scan recommended deleting registry entries left over from uninstalled software including AVG which I didn t actually uninstall In Safe Mode I can enable Windows Firewall but have to do it every time I boot I have completed DDS and GMER scans after finding the quot preparation guide quot since having my post kindly redirected to this forum and they are appended and attached except for the Ark txt log of the GMER scan as quot this file is too big to upload quot Thanks for any help ZDDS SCAN ERROR MESSAGEWindows Script HostCan t find script engine quot VBSCRIPT quot for script quot C DOcuments and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp MSGB PIF quot DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Administrator at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes C Program Files Soluto SolutoService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scrC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService Pseudo HJT Report mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllmWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe c program files soluto soluto exe userinit BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Help... Read more

A:XP Security 2011- Removal issues

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. Please take note: If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER log Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384658/xp-security-2011-removal-issues/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I am trying to remove the quot Win Antispyware quot virus following your instructions from your website http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-win- -antispyware- I am on step to run the Antispyware 2011 7 Win problem removal rkill com file I ran that file and it killed the pop up windows but it didn t finish and close completely I have one remaining notepad window called quot rkill notepad quot Win 7 Antispyware 2011 removal problem which states quot completed quot at the bottom and shows time and date I also have a window that popped up and says quot McAfee has detected a potentially unauthorized registry change to your computer System gaurds Internet explorer restrictions location c users jeff appdata local temp d tmp pev rkexe quot quot What would you like to do quot The default drop down states quot Allow this change quot Should I allow this In your removal intructions you do not mention to disable any current running antivirus programs Should I have disabled prior to step My operating system is Windows Please help my computer has been down since Sunday Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360930/win-7-antispyware-2011-removal-problem/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there So recently I was infected with this stupid program It installed itself around MSE Anyway I've done my best trying to get rid of it and after some searching I came removal 2011 Shield Security across your site for some help Hope I've got the correct information for you DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kevin at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated DAC -C - B Security Shield 2011 removal -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - Security Shield 2011 removal B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrS H exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x MSI Afterburner MSIAfterburner exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files x Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page hxxp www charter net google index php q uStart Page hxxp www charter net uWindow Title Powered by Charter Communications uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll d d - bd - -a -cfc a mRun SSDMonitor C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe mRun CanonSolutionMenuEx C Program Files x Canon Solution Menu EX CNSEMAIN EXE logon mRun IJNetworkScanUtility C Program Files x Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT exe mRun Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot uPolicies-explorer NoInstrumentation mPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktop x mPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges x mPolicies-explorer BindDirectlyToPropertySetStorage x mPolicies-system Consen... Read more

A:Security Shield 2011 removal

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Double-click ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts to run it.

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please post that log, C:\ComboFix.txt, in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

If you get an 'Illegal operation attempted on a Registry key which has been marked for deletion' error message, please reboot your machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/security-shield-2011-removal-627891.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all Recently my wife s computer got hit by the AV protection First when she clicks on any links returned by google search she would get redirected to some weird sites Then AV protection hi-jacked her computer completely I followed the removal guide on bleepingcomputer and now the computer is a lot better However sometimes she would still get redirected Now IE doesn t work at all She can open IE but she can t go to any site When IE is opened the aftermath. AV removal 2011 protection mouse cursor would disappear as well She has to use google chrome to go online What should we do next I did the TDSSKiller scan and it found nothing Below are my most recent Malwarebyte and TDSSKiller scan log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Service Pack Safe Mode Internet Explorer PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full AV protection 2011 removal aftermath. scan C Q Objects scanned Time elapsed second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes AV protection 2011 removal aftermath. Infected c program files x LP A F exe Trojan Dropper - gt - gt Unloaded process successfully c program files x C lvvm exe Trojan Dropper - gt - gt Unloaded process successfully c Users Qian Sun AppData Roaming AA exe Trojan Dropper - gt - gt Unloaded process successfully Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run A F exe Trojan Dropper - gt Value A F exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected c program files x LP A F exe Trojan Dropper - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c program files x C lvvm exe Trojan Dropper - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c Users Qian Sun AppData Roaming AA exe Trojan Dropper - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully TDSS rootkit removing tool Nov Current date time SystemInfo OS Version ServicePack Product type Workstation ComputerName MINIQIAN UserName Qian Sun Windows directory C Windows System windows directory C Windows Running under WOW Processor architecture Intel x Number of processors Page size x Boot type Normal boot Initialize success Scan started Mode Manual ohci a d aea c a bb C Windows system drivers ohci sys ohci - ok ACPI d d e b a dd d d b efa d f C Windows system drivers ACPI sys ACPI - ok AcpiPmi f e d ce d e d ca C Windows system drivers acpipmi sys AcpiPmi - ok adp xx f b b f c b ac f bf C Windows system drivers adp xx sys adp xx - ok adpahci f ee ea a d ced C Windows system drivers adpahci sys adpahci - ok adpu e c f fb b c b e C Windows system drivers adpu sys adpu - ok AFD d b c a a a bff cf d C Windows system drivers afd sys AFD - ok agp c dba d cb ed a a C Windows system drivers agp sys agp - ok aliide a a ad c ca ee C Windows system drivers aliide sys aliide - ok amdide ff b c ce c f c c C Windows system drivers amdide sys amdide - ok AmdK f cff a ef d cda C Windows system drivers amdk sys AmdK - ok amdkmdag f f b fafe f ffb df C Windows system DRIVERS atikmdag sys amdkmdag - ok amdkmdap ebd c f b fbb dc C Windows system DRIVERS atikmpag sys amdkmdap - ok AmdPPM e b fe d c eb c d C Windows system DRIVERS amdppm sys AmdPPM - ok amdsata cc d eb d c f e b ba C Windows system DRIVERS amdsata sys amdsata - ok amdsbs f f e ed ff a f b b C Windows system drivers amdsbs sys amdsbs - ok amdxata ffc a f ef d b f C Windows system drivers amdxata sys amdxata - ok AppID a c f f b d C Windows system drivers appid sys AppID - ok arc c f ceb c db c e C Windows system drivers arc sys arc - ok arcsas af aefe f c fe c C Windows system drivers arcsas sys arcsas - ok AsyncMac ce cc cea b C Windows system DRIVERS asyncmac sys AsyncMac - ok atapi c b b edc e c a f c C Windows system drivers... Read more

A:AV protection 2011 removal aftermath.

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428678/av-protection-2011-removal-aftermath/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone. Just bought a computer for college. Came with Trend Micro 2011 Trial which expires soon. I would like to remove it and install Webroot Internet Security Essentials. Did a few Google searches and am a tad confused. Do I:

1. remove using the programs uninstall
2. remove using Windows Add/Remove Programs or
3. remove using the Trend micro Diagnostic Toolkit (from Trend Micro site) http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1056455.aspx

My pop says you all are topnotch and recommended that I come here for assistance. Any help would be appreciated. Please go easy, I know just the basics. Thanks!

Golferguy's Son

A:Trend Micro 2011 Removal Help--Please

I am not sure about there diagnostic took kit but you can use some third party uninstallers to completely remove all the traces of the product. Use advanced uninstaller or perfect uninstaller. You can get 30 days trial of these softwares.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trend-micro-2011-removal-help-please.1014922/
Relevancy 52.03%

The computer Win removal malware please 2011 7 help Security is infected with Win Security I ran House Call last night it found ten objects but wouldn t remove them It chose ignore and wouldn t allow me to quarantine them I ran a quick scan and found nothing The complete scan took hours and came up with the ten objects MalwareBytes will not load up and HJT will not create a Win 7 Security 2011 malware removal help please log file When I ran the suggested program it came up with a quot sample hosts file quot and there were no lines mentioning HJT The output is below Copyright c - Microsoft Corp This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP IP for Windows This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names Each entry should be kept on an individual line The IP address should be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one space Additionally comments such as these may be inserted on individual lines or following the machine name denoted by a symbol For example rhino acme com source server x acme com x client host localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself localhost localhost I ran TFC OTL DDS and TSG SysInfo SysInfo output Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard CNF T Antivirus Norton Internet Security Disabled I did the reboot after TFC and there was no apparent change I ran OTL with Custom Scan and the following in the box netsvcs drivers SYSTEMDRIVE systemroot mp s CREATERESTOREPOINT systemroot System config sav HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows WindowsUpdate AU HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion WindowsUpdate Auto Update Results Install LastSuccessTime rs The OTL output file OTL logfile created on AM - Run OTL by OldTimer - Version Folder G bit- Home Premium Edition Version - Type NTWorkstation Internet Explorer Version Locale Country United States Language ENU Date Format M d yyyy Gb Total Physical Memory Gb Available Physical Memory Memory free Gb Paging File Gb Available in Paging File Paging File free Paging file location s pagefile sys binary data SystemDrive C SystemRoot C Windows ProgramFiles C Program Files x Drive C Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFS Drive D Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFS Drive E Mb Total Space Mb Free Space Space Free Partition Type FAT Drive F Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type UDF Drive G Mb Total Space Mb Free Space Space Free Partition Type FAT Computer Name JOHN-PC User Name john Logged in as Administrator Boot Mode Normal Scan Mode Current user Include bit Scans Company Name Whitelist Off Skip Microsoft Files Off No Company Name Whitelist On File Age Days Processes SafeList PRC - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- G OTL exe PRC - -HS- M Microsoft Corporation -- C Users john AppData Local icw exe PRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE PRC - ---- M Hewlett-Packard Company -- C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe PRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe PRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe PRC - ---- M CinemaNow Inc -- C Program Files x CinemaNow CinemaNow Media Manager CinemaNowSvc exe PRC - R--- M Symantec Corporation -- C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccsvchst exe PRC - ---- M Yahoo Inc -- C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe Modules SafeList MOD - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- G OTL exe MOD - ---- M Microsoft Corporation --... Read more

Relevancy 52.03%

I ran combofix and the virus is still there Here is the log from it Thanks for the help ComboFix - - - Mandy - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running from c users Mandy Desktop Gotcha exe exe AV avast Internet Security Disabled Outdated C D F - -E C- AA- DAD F AV Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC FW avast Internet Security Disabled FB EB - C D-E Win security removal internet 7 help. 2011 - BF -EEEF B B FW Norton Internet Security Disabled B F DB -C - E - D - C F F E SP Win 7 internet security 2011 removal help. avast Internet Security Disabled Outdated C E - -EBB - A A- CA AE B B SP Norton Internet Security Disabled Updated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Created a new restore point - REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY MODE - Other Deletions C Install exe c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security cet txt c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security ffcd c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security lrtg txt c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security mor txt c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security mxd txt c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security podzce dll c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security podzce shrd c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security rgx txt c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security rjg txt c users Mandy AppData Roaming Bitrix Security uurn c windows system Thumbs db Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- C R FWJFW - - - - ----a-w- c users Mandy AppData Local dpjv exe - - - - ----a-w- c users Mandy AppData Local chab exe - - - - ----a-w- c users Mandy AppData Local arlk exe - - - - ----a-w- c users Mandy AppData Local aoub exe - - - - ----a-w- c programdata vait exe - - - - ----a-w- c programdata twvb exe - - - - ----a-w- c programdata ifga exe - - - - ----a-w- c programdata djei exe - - - - ----a-w- c users Mandy AppData Local dbx exe - - - - ----a-w- c users Mandy AppData Local uny exe - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates AF C - D - A- -F EF EC mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system KernelBase dll - - - - ---ha-w- c windows system api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l - - dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow KernelBase dll - - - - ---ha-w- c windows SysWow api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l - - dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Mandy AppData Local Symantec Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows apppatch acwow dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mshtml tlb - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow mshtml tlb - - - - ------w- c windows system MpSigStub exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mrxsmb sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mrxsmb sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mrxsmb sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system inetcomm dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow inetcomm dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers srv sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers srv sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers srvnet sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers dfsc sys Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software wow node microsoft windows currentversion explorer shelliconoverlayidentifiers snxPluginsShell quot F B B AA- D - a -BDA - B F D DE quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID F B B AA- D - a -BDA - B F D DE - - ----a-w- c program files Alwil Software Avast snxPlugins dll HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot msav quot quot hink im beautiful thati is not true ted about anytthiing else quot X quot swg quot quot c program files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot - - quot DAEMON Tools Lite quot quot c program files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe quot - - quot quot quot c users Mandy AppData Local dbx exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Windows CurrentVer... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-internet-security-2011-removal-help.1009038/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I recently got a virus that masquerades as an anti-virus program and won t let me access the internet or launch certain programs I ve been trying various methods at removal but none have worked so far Please help me out Thanks The following is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows 7 Virus Win 2011 Removal Security WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperAgent exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Users Robert AppData Roaming Microsoft conhost exe N OTL exe C PROGRAM FILES X PROCESSEXPLORER PROCEXP EXE Win 7 Security 2011 Virus Removal N HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search mywebsearch com mywebsearch default jhtml ptnrS ZUfox amp ptb RddAa VN QCLF SCkPfRw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO dTPodcastBHO - FDF-F A - B D- D -CDF CFD - C Program Files x Common Files doubleTwist IEPodcastPlugin dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run ATICustomerCare quot C Program Files x ATI ATICustomerCare ATICustomerCare exe quot O - HKLM Run conhost C Users Robert AppData Roaming Microsoft conhost exe O - HKCU Run uTorrent quot C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en D B AC dll cmsidewiki html O - Extra button Flash Decompiler SWF Capture tool - B FC - FA - FD -B - AEDB FA D - no file O - Extra Tools menuitem Flash Decompiler SWF Capture tool menu - B FC - FA - FD -B - AEDB FA D - no file O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MIF BA Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - DPF DF F -FF B- DF - D - DB A A PopCapLoader Object - http aolsvc aol com onlinegames bejeweled popcaploader v cab O - DPF E E ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-security-2011-virus-removal.993410/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am currently on a different computer in my household.

I have a PC infected with the titled virus. It runs Windows XP. I have restarted in Safe Mode like a lot of the removal tools say. Unfortunately, even in safe mode, I cannot run Malwarebyte. I am also blocked from opening Firefox and from typing in the command box when I click start > Run.

What can I do?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, this is a new labtop, damn not even a month old. I let little sister use and she has somehow downloaded this win 7 security 2011 virus. How can i remove it??
Please help me!!!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3894 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1723 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 274812 MB, Free - 222171 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC, Base Board Version, Base Board Serial Number
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-security-2011-virus-removal.996540/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have internet antivirus 2011 on my computer and can't get it off please help. I don't know what to do.Thanx

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all originally posted this in the quot Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs quot section but never got a reply and I m thinking maybe I posted there prematurely as I m unable to generate any logs to post Here s my post in its entirety Hopefully the good folks here can help me --------------- Hi am at about wits end on a coworker s machine here Machine is a Dell running Windows XP SP The PC got hit with XP Anti-Spyware and I ve thrown just about everything I have at it First Anti-Spyware 2011 Removal after XP Help Need used Avira Antivir Rescue Disc then Need Help after XP Anti-Spyware 2011 Removal ran UBCD Win and ran SUPERAntispyware from there Cleaned out whatever was found Restarted the machine and the problem remained so I ran Emisoft Emergency Kit and it found a couple of problems Cleaned with that and went through the cycle again without booting up the native OS on the PC When that came out clean I rebooted the machine only to find it still infected At that point I began searching online and found the self-help steps outlined on this site http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-win- -internet-security- I followed the steps yesterday and rebooted and the PC appeared to be working fine However this morning the machine would not boot up Unfortunately I don t know the initial screen that showed up as I got called after my coworker tried to restart When I got there upon Need Help after XP Anti-Spyware 2011 Removal startup I receive the black screen message stating that it couldn t start normally and gives the options of modes in which to start up Windows i e Restart in Safe Mode Safe Mode With Networking etc I selected quot Start Windows Normally quot then the XP loading screen would come up momentarily followed by the BSOD stating that Windows had to shut down to prevent damage to the system I restarted and tried selecting Safe Mode but it would take me to the same BSOD I then decided to try my quot boot disk cycle quot I described earlier Avira Antivir Rescue Disc and UBCD Win SUPERAntispyware found a couple new infections and I cleaned those out I then did a quot chkdsk f quot and it came out clean However Windows still won t start up Since I can t start up Windows I m not sure how to generate the log files needed to request help here I hope someone can still provide me guidance Sorry for the long post but I figured I should be as thorough as possible in explaining what I ve done thus far to try and fix this problem ----------- That s my original post Quick note about the UBCD Win disc that I used I built it using my original Windows installation discs so it s a legitimate version In retrospect I m thinking this is probably the better forum to post this issue in as it may be a Windows problem at this point It s a work PC which is why I m kind of anxious about finding a potential fix as the PC has my coworker out of commission for now I m thinking of trying to repair the XP installation using the original Windows reinstallation CD but figured I d check with the pros here first Oh and if I did in fact originally post this in the proper forum please let me know as well I ll then wait for a response over there Got antsy because several requests for help were made in that forum after my post and have already gotten responses whereas my post has been read numerous times but has not yet gotten a reply

A:Need Help after XP Anti-Spyware 2011 Removal

Your other post (which occurred yesterday) was deleted when it was seen that you had a duplicate post here in the XP forum. That post was made in the log forum, without any logs...which made it unfit for that forum.

I will move this post to our other malware forum.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399546/need-help-after-xp-anti-spyware-2011-removal/
Relevancy 52.03%

One thing I did and this might help someone else, I used system restore, went back 2 days, then restored. The virus was gone, and to be sure, I ran Spybot, which came up empty.
I hope this helps someone else.

dabeartn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-anti-virus-2011-removal.996831/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all, seems my computer has contracted one of those fake antivirus spyware programs that's just trying to gain a purchase.
Ive been working at it for a while but have hit a brick wall. I finally found one of the main files(?) and after I cleared that off it hasn't opened itself. Still after I did that though Symantec is still reporting blocking hundreds of access attempts per hour. (at least Symantec is catching it now)

It's saying the stuff is located in my temp folder.
Note: I have already run TFC, malware bytes, spybot, and symantec...Malware/spybot found the bulk of the virus but there are still some picky files they couldn't grab which I guess is re-downloading the rest of it or something.
I would love any help.
Thanks, Adam.

Relevancy 52.03%

I am currently running Windows Vista and inadvertantly downloaded 2011 Removal Security Vista the Vista Security malware file yesterday I had a malware issue before and BleepingComputer com was very helpful So I m hoping you can help me out this time As soon as Vista Security 2011 Removal the Malware hit I restarted my computer in quot safe mode with networking quot mode After doing that I ran rkill It did not report that it stopped any process So I ran Malwarebytes and performed a full scan on my C and D drive It detected files and quarantined them Vista Security 2011 Removal I deleted the files and restarted my computer When I logged into my user profile I noticed two problems The program icons that normally appear in Vista Security 2011 Removal the lower right hand corner of my screen such as McAfee Security Center Secunia PSI Dell Touchpad and Dell Support were no longer there When I tried to run any of my normal executable programs such as Mozilla nothing would happen If I clicked on an icon there would be no response However if I right-clicked on an icon then quot Start quot would be among the options listed If I clicked on quot Start quot the program would run I tried logging into a different user profile on my computer and noticed that the icons missing from my personal profile were present and accounted for They were just missing form my personal profile I did a search on quot bleepingcomputer com quot for instructions on removing the Vista Security Removal malware and noticed there was one step I did not do I failed to run the FixNCR reg program So I downloaded it and tried to run it However when I did I received the following message quot Cannot import C Users user name Documents FixNCR reg Not all data was successfully written to the registry Some keys are open by the system or other processes quot I tried to run the program dds scr to create a log but was unsure what the instructions meant by disabling script blocking programs I tried to run dds scr and got the message quot Windows cannot open the file PEV DAT To open this file Windows needs to know what program you want to use quot I also tried to run GMER but got an error and blue screen so I restarted my computer I also tried to manually search my registry for the files asssociated with this malware and did not find any of them I m at a loss for what to do next and would love your help Do you think I still have the Malware If the Malware is still present what should I do If the Malware is gone how do I restore the normal use of my executable files Why aren t my normal programs e g McAfee Secunia etc appearing as icons in the lower right hand of my toolbar upon startup Thanks G Bailey

A:Vista Security 2011 Removal

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398097/vista-security-2011-removal/
Relevancy 51.6%

I apologize now if this is the wrong are to post this. Did not see anywhere better for it. I'm attempting to install Windows Home Server. I downloaded the demo from Microsoft to try it out before spending the money on it if I didn't like it. However after the initial windows is loading files screen, it comes up with the loading screen with the green bouncing bars. after that goes away it just sits there with a blank screen.

If anyone has any ideas on why this might be, please let me know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-home-server-560764.html