Windows Support Forum

Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document

Q: Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document

Hi all I'm desperately looking for some help with regards to a Windows Explorer problem As in Windows files any open down closing in I whenever Document My Explorer the title Windows Explorer closes down all the time when opening pictures music or anything in My Docs I have restored to factory settings from the partition on the HDD and fully updated The recovery failed twice and updates failed twice and seemed to take hours too but finally I got there Then came the moment of truth opened My Pictures and bang closed again The first time it failed recovery it gave an error message about certain programs applications couldn't be Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document placed into memory as there is a I O failure or error I should of written it down in hindsight It was all a painfully slow procedure that took all day yesterday and some of this morning too The only thing I can think of is that maybe the HHD is starting to fail or maybe RAM issues although it is seeing the RAM that is installed Gb I would really appreciate some help here thanks for reading Martin

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document

Hi all,

I thought I would follow up with my findings and solution to my Windows Explorer nightmare as I am quite pleased with myself for persevering and fixing it. It was right under my nose all along but it was just knowing how to go about it.

Basically, "Event Viewer" gave me all the information I needed. In the event tree I clicked on "Windows" then "Applications" which gave a list of apps with either a blue info icon to the left of the information, an exclamation mark in red for error or a yellow exclamation mark for warning. There were plenty of red error icons which I hoped would be logs of Windows Explorer closing down, and sure enough they were. On following the "Failing Application Path" c:\program files\ASUSWSShellExt64.dll I found the highlighted shell extension, Which is basically Asus Web Storage. I promptly uninstalled the program and have had no crashes whatsoever, yee haaaaa!

Hope this helps someone else someday as it almost blew my brains out

Martin.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/366552-windows-explorer-closing-down-whenever-i-open-any-files-my-document.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Actually i don't know i am using Windows Professional SP2.
Nowadays whenever i open a folder in windows explorer, automatically windows explorer error comes, closing.
Can't able to open the drive directory[not in C drive] contains videos,movies,photos,...
Please help me how to solve this problem,
i am a beginner just bought a new PC experiencing this problem first time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whenever-i-open-a-folder-windows-explorer-crashes-and-closing.892236/
Relevancy 74.39%

When trying to open a .doc, .xls,.pdf, even a .txt file, the corresponding program takes almost 2 minutes to open the document. Disconnecting the network cable, the documents open almost immediately. I disconnected all mapped drives, no icons on taskbar point to network drives,...

What's causing the slowdown?

A:Windows Explorer extremely slow to open ANY document

What sort of a Network are you on? Or is this just your cable connection network?
Are you certain no processes are running in the background such as a virus or spyware scan? Has this been happening for a number of days?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-explorer-extremely-slow-to-open-any-document.75857/
Relevancy 73.53%

Whenever I double click a MS Excel file on the windows explorer, MS Excel program will start but the document will not open. I can only open a MS Excel document by first starting up MS Excel first, then click File->Open and then browe for it. Other MS Office files works fine. I have reinstalled MS Office, but it still doesn't work. Can anyone tell me why?

Relevancy 73.1%

Every time I got to an explorer window that contains video files it says quot Windows Explorer with out Explorer keeps closing multimedia Windows files has encountered a problem and needs to close quot yada yada yada I can get it to go away by changing the view from quot Filmstrip quot or quot Thumbnails quot to quot Details quot but every time I try to open a video file it comes up with an error message so I'm assuming there is a problem with Video codecs or the Preview feature or something DivX Player works although the error message still is on-screen Media Player Classic won't work When Windows Explorer craps out the error message is this AppName Windows Explorer keeps closing out with multimedia files explorer exe AppVer ModName unknown ModVer Offset The following files will be included in this error report C DOCUME David LOCALS Temp e appcompat txt When Media Player Classic craps out the message is AppName mplayerc exe AppVer ModName unknown ModVer Offset The following will be included in this error report C DOCUME David LOCALS Temp a appcompat txt And sometimes DrWatson Postmortem Debugger will crap out with this EventType BEX P drwtsn exe P P b d a P dbghelp dll P P a P d P c P The following files will be included in this error report C DOCUME David LOCALS Temp WER d dir drwtsn exe mdmp C DOCUME David LOCALS Temp WER d dir appcompat txt What I've done so far I've run Virus and Malware scans with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware CyberDefender and AVG Anti-Virus and nothing has seemed to help I've deleted and re-added the shimgvw dll and that has not worked Tried to delete the quot Default quot setting in quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT SystemFileAssociations avi shellex PropertyHandler quot in RegEdit but I couldn't delete it Any help would be great because this is getting really annoying Thank you so much for your time Jrossmo

A:Windows Explorer keeps closing out with multimedia files

try uninstall and reinstall codec again. it might help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-keeps-closing-out-with-multimedia-files-284337.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi Guys,
I encountered this error when copying few like 10 + sample music files to SharePoint Document Library via Windows Explorer.
I tried to googling around and it doesnt seem to have a proper documentation of what's wrong when this error code is returned.

Cheng

A:Error 0x800700DE when copying files to SharePoint Document Library via Windows Explorer

Hi,
From your screenshot, each music file might be about 3~5 MB, if we copy many files together, then it will reach the file size limit stored in registry, then we will encounter this issue.

So it worth to increase the value of FileSizeLimitInBytes  stored under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters
Yolanda Zhu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a995f66e-f170-49e7-a483-12d331bc8277/error-0x800700de-when-copying-files-to-sharepoint-document-library-via-windows-explorer?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 67.08%

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I close an open document in Word, it closes the whole program. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you.

Relevancy 65.79%

I purchased an HP PC model a n in june It has Windows XP SP and Media Center Edition I transferred all my document files to MY Documents on new PC I cannot open any of these files I receive error message quot Cannot not Document will open Files load Word for Windows files I found the exact error message in Windows data base for XP SP article I followed explicit steps to modify registry to resolve the error That did not resolve the problem The error message still comes up each time I click on one of the document files I am a novice computer user I contacted HP tech Document Files will not open for assistance since the software is still under warranty That was a waste of time I was referred back to microsoft above article or it was suggested to do a quot destructive quot recovery I had to return this PC to HP for hardware repair and a complete system recovery was run before I transferred the document files Any help will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

this morning when i turned my computer on, (vista) i got to my desktop and my anti virus popped up saying i have a virus. i think it was a vundo, or sumthing like that...my anti-virus instantly removed it...or so it said....now my windows explorer and icons are gone, cept my sidebar...i went into task manager and attempted to manually load explorer again...closed instantly....i tried add remove programs it closed instantly. the only thing that seems to work is my anti virus....but it wont tell me anything.. /sigh....oh and btw it does the same thing in safe mode, and i've tried all avalable options on startup

A:explorer closing/unable to open apps

does anyone has solution to this problem bexos the same situation brought me here. i can't do anything through my regular user as it keep displaying Windows Explorer has stopped working & nothing can be done, no application load, nothing.
I login through another user on the same Notebook, IE works fine, I uninstalled the last application before the incidence but no luck after login to the problematic environment.
Your urgent help will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-closing-unable-to-open-apps-275907.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm set up to run folder windows in a separate instance of Explorer for better stability. But now I'm having problems. When I close all the windows for the second instance of Explorer, the process frequently does not terminate. So then when I try to open another folder window, nothing happens. I have to quit Explorer manually to get it working again. This has happened several times now, and I'm getting tired of it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running XP MCE 2002 Edition, all the latest updates.

A:Explorer.exe hangs instead of closing, folders won't open.

Explorer uses up a lot of resources and your method may not be best suited if those, particularly memory, is in limited supply.

You might try doing a "system restore" to a date when there were no problems; these can be undone.

Most problems I've had with explorer disappear on a reboot.

But you can test in Safe Mode and also test using a "clean boot" method of troubleshooting.

CLEAN BOOT TROUBLESHOOTING technique

First, restart in Safe Mode if necessary -- (tap the f8 key promptly on startup and choose the Safe Mode option from the boot menu) or Normal mode

Then:

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 << written for Vista, but applies equally well to XP

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in &#8220;selective&#8221; startup mode &#8211; you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-hangs-instead-of-closing-folders-wont-open.782766/
Relevancy 64.93%

My document files when clicked try to open in Print Shop 12 when they should try to open in Word or Publisher. What can I do to change that? I have windows XP Dell Dimension 2400.
Any help would be appreciate. Thanks Ann

A:Document files trying to open in Prt Shop

In windows explorer, find one of the files, hold your shift key then right click. You should see the option for Open With...., choose the program you want to open it (presumably Word), and make sure there is a check mark in the box for "Always use the selected program...."

This will reset the default program that opens those files.

Hope this helps,

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/document-files-trying-to-open-in-prt-shop.207141/
Relevancy 64.93%

i am unable to run gmer or rkunhooker they both lock up my computer but i was able to run dds scr i will attach the logs here is ark txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Skitz at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Internet web 7 mozilla open to keep explorer trying when and closing pages Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Windows system svchost exe Internet explorer 7 and mozilla keep closing when trying to open web pages -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files iolo Common Lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System Internet explorer 7 and mozilla keep closing when trying to open web pages svchost exe Internet explorer 7 and mozilla keep closing when trying to open web pages -k HPZ C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe E dds scr C Windows system conhost exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Bing Bar BHO d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dll TB c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll - dcb -df - - - fa b f - c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll TB PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun mRun Bing Bar quot c program files msn toolbar platform mswinext exe quot mRun Microsoft Default Manager quot c program files microsoft search enhancement pack default manager DefMgr exe quot -resume mRun ISTray quot c program files spyware doctor pctsTray exe quot mRun iolo Startup quot c program files iolo common lib ioloLMan... Read more

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi.
Our company uses ownCloud. To access our ownCloud, we use Internet Explorer 11. Inside our ownCloud there are documents created and shared among users. When I click a Word document, a pop-message appear  -
"Do you want to save abc.docx (567 KB) from xxxxowncloud?  Save   Cancel   
How can I open the document that would launch Word automatically without getting this pop-up message?

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8470e83d-8dc2-4a19-b6b0-0483bc0dfb01/how-to-open-word-document-in-internet-explorer-11-without-being-asked-to-save-it?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 63.64%

Anytime I try to open some programs, either its won't work at all or it opens for a couple seconds and then closes. same goes for when I try to browse in windows explorer so I cannot go into the windows registry.

I have no virus or spyware (nothing my programs have picked up)

There are some programs I can use tho such as firefox internet explorer and photoshop...

any idea whats going on?

A:cant open .exe files as well as windows explorer

I had i problem like that once and it was due to my keyboard
when your keyboard is dirty it send's all sorts of hortkeys to the OS
to close programs, open program etc...
and the other thing is that it can be a virus
i had this virus called Jeefo. It runs as a proccess and currupts exe files
you can read more about it here http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.jeefo.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-exe-files-as-well-as-windows-explorer.420162/
Relevancy 63.64%

I m running Windows XP Pro SP Ver Build on an Intel Pentium GHz with not Explorer files. or Run Open Windows will MB Memory Windows Explorer will not open or run any files and results in the following error message Windows can not access the specified Windows Explorer will not Run or Open files. device path or file You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item I can browse all files including system and hidden but I can t even open a txt file from Windows Explorer Filemanager Aside from a few minor program installation side effects- which were resolved in safe mode this is the only issue The issue is on all acounts restricted and admin but do not persist in safe mode or PE OS I have full access to the registry and can run programs from the desktop- as well as the Command Prompt and Run I ve tried every hack I can think of to elevate permissions without avail duplicating admin certificates registry permission mods security profile tweaks etc The only thing that seems out of place is that there is two quot Power User quot accounts- within the registry security permissions Attempts to grant full control to the first power user- results in the changes being applied to the second account and the first reverting to quot special quot - which is odd but I doubt it s linked to Windows Explorer or could restrict Administrator privileges Spyware and Virus scans come up clean from within XP as well as from boot disk scans I m hoping the fix is just a minor registry adjustment- to correct access permissions for Windows Explorer But I haven t been able to Google the answer I ve tried creating a new admin account- and restored back as far as I m comfortable I don t have an XP installation CD handy at the moment- So recovery console fixes are also undesirable Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance for your time nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I can't open any Excel document directly by double-clicking in the explorer. It appears a message like:

"Couldn't find the file "filename.xls" (or any of its components). Check the path and filename and that all the required libraries are reachable".

Do you have any idea of what could be happening?

I don't have any problem when I first start Excel, and open the files from the menu FILE --> OPEN.

It seems to me it's a problem with the DDE server or something like that, maybe a library missing... umm.. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
SPOOLLY

A:Excel: Files Won't Open from Windows Explorer

Try:

Tools-Option, General tab.

Remove checkmark from "ignore other applications"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-files-wont-open-from-windows-explorer.61524/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am running Windows Professional 7, and using XP compatiblity mode for most of my programs. It has worked well for 2 years, but all of a sudden I can't double-click to open files from Windows Explorer. I can open the file from the program itself, by using "File->Open", but not from Explorer itself. What's happening? Got any ideas? This is very annoying.

A:Files won't launch from Windows Explorer, but will open within program

Welcome to Seven Forums Ayudame. I would start with running the System Files Checker

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

See if it finds and fixes any errors.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/255353-files-wont-launch-windows-explorer-but-will-open-within-program.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Sometimes if I open a file by double clicking it in windows explorer, it will sit doing nothing (and that explorer window is then tied up) for a few minutes! Then the file opens normally in the correct application. But opening the application first, and getting it from the file open menu, or dragging the file into the open application is ok. The problem goes away if I reboot windows, but can come back again later for no apparent reason. Any idea where to look to start tracking down this problem?

A:Very slow to open files from windows explorer - ok within application

this might help.. disable your icon template.. via folder options.. view>> check (always show icons, never thumbnails)... and on the screen... right click>>view>>details... cuz it eats up of CPU usage when it is viewed as icons..

hope this helps..

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/199738-very-slow-open-files-windows-explorer-ok-within-application.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Something weird is going on..no malware or virus according to ESET and Malwarebytes.

Windows 7- I have lost the ability to open 'vanilla' file folders with explorer I have also lost the ability to search in the start box..this was posted but was not resolved although thread show it was....anyone any ideas

A:Lost abilty to open files with windows explorer

I seem to have my posts solved as I post them..the last two have been designated as solved but in fact they were not and one, the last one was only up as a post an hour and then designated as solved without any response at all....help please .. Brink?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/137336-lost-abilty-open-files-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Firstly apologies if I have posted this query in the Windows Security trying Message Explorer JPG in to open files when wrong section I am running Windows Home Premium and totally out of the blue I am now faced with a Security Warning every time I try to open a JPG file from within Windows Explorer Having tried a number of experiments I have noted the following only files that I have downloaded from the internet appear to be affected files that I have had on my hard drive for quite some Security Message when trying to open JPG files in Windows Explorer time do not trigger the warning but only the more recent ones the warning message does not show if I open the JPG from within my graphics program I'm using Paint Shop Pro I cannot think of a reason for this to have suddenly started although last night I downloaded the Windows free upgrade but havn't yet run the install routine Surely that would not be a factor though Having searched Google it would seem the only fix for this annoying message is a fairly complicated routine involving changing settings in the registry which I am a bit worried about doing Obviously I could simply untick the quot Always ask before opening this file quot box but I would need to do this with every other affected file individually Is there no way this could be done 'en-mass'

A:Security Message when trying to open JPG files in Windows Explorer

Sorry, but I have just come across an anomaly that may be a factor in my problem detailed above. I tried to save a test JPG from the internet and have noticed that the default file type is "Micrografx Picture Publisher Image Object". I do have an old version of Micrografx on my PC but seldom use it. How that became the default file type is a mystery. It would appear that JPGs saved as this file type are the ones causing the security warning. Can anyone advise how I go about changing that default file type? I have clicked on the arrow next to it but the only other option is "All files".

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/397070-security-message-when-trying-open-jpg-files-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 62.35%

when i download a file and then try to open it. i get an error that the specified file has encountered a problem and needs to close. if i cut and past the file to a location outside the folder i can then run the program.

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I've been trying to restore pictures from an old external hardrive (Seagate) that were backed up using Nero Express 6.

When accessing the files with the Nero Restore Wizard, a window pops up with the message "You are trying to restore a Nero Back Up Compressed file. This file an be restored directly with double clicking on the file using Windows Explorer," but windows explorer does not see the contents of the files, just the file names.

Changing file extensions doesn't work.

The wizard will not let me restore the files through it.

Upon enstalling Nero to this computer, (Windows XP), none of the media defaults were checked. These files were originally backed up with a computer using windows 98.

Would someone please help me to get my computer to recognize and restore these files?

Thanks!

Relevancy 61.49%

Window XP pro all updates current gig memory amd dual core I tried to open a video file saved to my desk top but got a data entry protection DEP warning that made it close This happens with every video folder on my computer I am able to open VLC and load the videos from there but not the actual video folder so that Explorer Crashes Unable To Files, Any Video Open Windows I can burn them I logged off and restarted in safe mode While in safe mode I ran Spybot S amp D AdAware and CWshredder All three programs removed Unable To Open Any Video Files, Windows Explorer Crashes items I then rebooted in normal mode and I am still getting the same problem I have a hijackthis log I deleted the HJT log after surfing the web somemore All my problems started after I installed the k-lite codec pack I have now uninstalled the program but still have the problem I reinstalled the program and still have a problem How do I clean up k-lite What is a better solution

A:Unable To Open Any Video Files, Windows Explorer Crashes

I found out that if I disable the thumbnail view for videos that It will not crash. I went to start-> run and typed: regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. Now it works fine. It should work with the thumbnails though, as it did before.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84218/unable-to-open-any-video-files-windows-explorer-crashes/
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently bought a second internal dvd drive with Windows drive files Explorer view open DVD to will folder not physically installed it plugged DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer it into the last remaining SATA port on the mother board When I inserted DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer a data dvd autoplay popped up giving me one option - to open folder to view files with Windows Explorer When I clicked that option nothing happened When I insert a DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer blank dvd Nero opens its burning app as it is set to and I'm able to burn a dvd on that drive Nero is also set to verify the compilation which it does with no problem When i reinsert the same dvd the same option pops up with the same result - nothing When insert an audio cd Winamp will play the cd but I'm not able to quot open quot the cd with Windows Explorer By trying all combinations of cables and dvd drives to make sure that both the cables and drives were working properly I determined that whatever drive was plugged into that last SATA port would not function properly The only options in my BIOS that I could find referring to SATA drives was to enable or disable the SATA controller I'd really like to have both dvd drives fully functional and any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer

First of all explain in detail...

1.DVD Drive is visible in My computer?
If not so remove the dvd drive and reconnect to system.

2.Can you eject automatically the DVD from my computer Through eject option?

3.Can you eject manually??

4.Can you View files and folders in drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333006-dvd-drive-will-not-open-folder-view-files-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I believe I ve run into a bug with Windows Explorer however it could possibly be with Word If it CTRL-F6 f/ in use Explorer when open Windows Can?t Word files multiple s not a bug and can be fixed by your helping me that would be wonderful I use Windows Professional -bit This is what Can?t use CTRL-F6 in Word when open multiple files f/ Windows Explorer does work just fine From Word I open a file then open another file then another I am able to use the CTRL-F to move from document to document This is what does not work I open those same files from Windows Explorer by using the mouse to select them and hit ENTER The files do open in Word However the CTRL-F keystroke does not work to be able to move from document to document In the latter it s a little bit as if Windows Explorer is starting multiple copies of Word However from the Word icon on the taskbar both cases look the same i e when I hover over the icon I can see the miniature files and can click into any of them I d like to understand what s going on that s different in the cases But I d really love to learn of how I can make the latter case work With my work I do this process open multiple files from Windows Explorer dozens of times a day and I need efficiency It takes a lot longer to open each file one-by-one It also takes longer to not be able to use CTRL-F Thanks if someone can help me

A:Can’t use CTRL-F6 in Word when open multiple files f/ Windows Explorer

Works fine here, using Word 2010 (SP1, fully patched) on Win7 SP1 Ultimate. I know that doesn't help you with your problem, but assuming you're using Office 2010, at least we can start to wonder if it's something wrong with your installation of Office or Windows - it does work, at least for me :P.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/209446-can-t-use-ctrl-f6-word-when-open-multiple-files-f-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I hope I'm putting this in the correct forum I have been trying to find out why I am not able (Windows windows I in 7 works open but explorer FTP can't files x64) to open any ftp files FTP in windows explorer works but I can't open files (Windows 7 x64) in windows explorer using win x I can successfully open an ftp site in w explorer and browse the folders without any problems however I don't get any previews eg jpg files and if I double click on any FTP in windows explorer works but I can't open files (Windows 7 x64) file that should have an association like a jpg nothing happens although a short hourglass activity wheel appears I have to manually copy the file or drag it out onto a local folder to be able to do this I don't remember this kind of restriction the last time I did it although that was some time ago and perhaps on XP but can anyone shed some light on what might be wrong here I have no such problems via an ftp client but would like to get this quick method working for convenience One clue difference is when I right click gt properties on a file I will get a single 'general' tab that lists filetype location size and modified and then a permissions box immediately below with check boxes This seems to prove to me that the explorer is not acting as an explorer as it should but is in some other mode But as I say I can copy files out and into the window Just to eliminate a few thing I have tried this with numerous ftp sites I have had no such problems when logging in via an explorer app on my Android device Any clues would be a great help

A:FTP in windows explorer works but I can't open files (Windows 7 x64)

That's the way FTP protocol works, basically. It just allows to list files and upload/download, plus a bunch of extra fuctions, but that's all. It doesn't supports most of the features of normal filesystems that allow to do what you want.

For examples, for previewing JPGs, that would mean that it must download every single file (without user consent) to generate those nasty thumbnails. This could be a potential enormous waste of bandwidth and as such is not supported.

"Opening" a file has also no meaning in a FTP server. What actually clients do there is to download files to a temporary location and open those with local programs. This is what your Android client must be doing.
As for why Explorer doesn't do this? I would begin checking file associations to see if that one works well locally at least.

However, normally, I would suggest a serious FTP client, as Explorer is really poor in this aspect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365897-ftp-windows-explorer-works-but-i-cant-open-files-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am running XP and Word and Nortons Word will crash if you leave the document open for a while there is no specific time frame and then select close icon The error - Microsoft Word for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close The details are AppName winword exe appver Modname kernel dll modvers offset eb This has pretty much happened since I got this laptop I have reformatted and reinstalled everything due to another problem and still have the same problem with word I have used the same CD on other computers to Close Word the have you document open document a 2000 on for if sitting crashes while install word and Word 2000 crashes on Close document if you have the document sitting open for a while they do not Word 2000 crashes on Close document if you have the document sitting open for a while have the same problem I use a variety of templates and plain documents in my work and can not pin point Word 2000 crashes on Close document if you have the document sitting open for a while it to one template If you leave Word open with a document no matter what size and come back to it later this is when the problem happens I started to get around it my saving first then closing but this no longer works The save completes and then I select Close and this is when it happens - you get the dreaded pause and then you hear the whirl of the computer and then you get the Microsoft Word for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close Firstly I could put up with it but is now just a nusiance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-2000-crashes-on-close-document-if-you-have-the-document-sitting-open-for-a-while.33444/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey, I am having problems with my other computer suddenly closing both Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer applications, such as Control Panel, My Computer, etc...(Windows XP Home Edition)
When i click on either one, lets say the my computer icon, a pop up of the my computer folder thing flashes for a split second then disappears, the computer freezes for about a second, shows only the desktop, then a few seconds later the icons start appearing on my desktop and my start taskbar comes back. The screen is back to normal with no lag, but the my computer pop up is no longer there. The same thing happens with internet explorer, but it just happens alot quicker.
Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem of this, and maybe how to fix it? Thank You in advance.

A:Windows Explorer + Internet Explorer Closing Immediately...

Did you do an anti-virus scan on your PC seems like a virus problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-internet-explorer-closing-immediately.296843/
Relevancy 60.2%

When I open a saved word document or New blank document, the document is filled with columns or checks fully filled in the document.
How can I avoid this? How to modify the settings. Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/when-i-open-a-new-blank-document-the-document-is-filled-with-columns-or-checks-1103786.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I work at a small non-profit and we have updated two computers with new computers running Windows We use MS Word I have checked all threads on forum from Can't send open Word Thunderbird document via Document related to this issue Can't send Word Document via Thunderbird from open document but nothing seems to correct our problem I would be grateful for any help Description of issue With a Word document open one should be able to click quot File quot gt quot Send To quot gt Mail Recipient As Attachment quot or any of the other mail options and have the email composition window of Thunderbird pop up What happens is that Word is attempting to send the attachment via Windows Live Mail The computer basically freezes If you try and abort or get out of Word and error pops up stating you can t close Word until the email has been sent Finally you have to force a shut down of the computer Internet Explorer shows Thunderbird as default email client I have check all of the other obvious places for setting the default email client but I can t seem to find a conflict anywhere on the computer showing Windows Live Email as default client As a side note this employee was using Outlook Express as their email client prior to the computer upgrade and all setting were imported into Windows Live Mail which was initially used The employee did not like Windows Live Mail so I installed Thunderbird It is used as the default email client and the only issue has been with Word Additionally I know that the document could be sent from Windows Explorer by right-clicking and etc but this employee is and older individual is not computer savvy and is accustom to sending Word documents while the document is open So I would like for them to be able to continue sending documents in the way they are accustom One last thing The other employee whose computer was upgraded and who has always used Thunderbird as their email client is have no issue sending email in this way from an open Word Document Any help would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Can't send Word Document via Thunderbird from open document

Might try uninstalling Word, then reinstalling it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-send-word-document-via-thunderbird-from-open-document.1106623/
Relevancy 58.91%

Download a free program called ExplorerXP at www.explorerxp.com/ and it works like XP version except use keyboard enter to actually open the unlimitied number of files highlighted.

Last night had folder with over 4000 files needed opened to execute them and load them into a program. No issues. Otherwise, win 7 and above allow only 15 at a time.

Worth donating to the provider of software!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398859-solved-open-multiple-files-open-option-win-explorer.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
I have problem, when I put link to .XPS document in MS word document, i can't open this link, nothing hapens , links to other file types works fine. XPS document opens without problem with IE when opening file from folder. I tried to lower security setings in IE hidden security zone "my computer" , but this wont help. There is no problem in Windows 7 with xps links. But i need it to work in Vista. I think it's some kind of security problems. Any ideas ?

Vindows Vista32 SP2
MS Office 2007 SP2

A:Can't open .XPS document link from word document

Will this be any help:http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/viewxps.mspx

http://www.vistax64.com/software/265739-cant-open-xps-document-link-word-document.html
Relevancy 58.05%

First off I am wondering if there is a possibility that this is a MySpace bug as opposed to an issue with IE as MySpace is the ONLY website I've been able to replicate this problem with But There seems to be an issue on my wife's Vista account where she can cause an infinite number of IE screens to open This happens when she tries to close IE while her MySpace page is being displayed I have played around with several variables here to try to narrow down the root cause as best I can Here is what I have determined - There must only be one tab If there are two or more tabs in IE the quot bug quot will not appear - This bug appears regardless of what MySpace profile is loaded tried with both my profile and hers - This bug appears ONLY on my wife's Vista account I have not been able to replicate the bug on either my own Vista account or the default Administrator account - The bug only appears when you close Internet Explorer while on MySpace If you navigate away from MySpace prior to closing no bug Initially I thought this could be a MySpace issue since it only happens while using MySpace However the fact that it happens only on my wife's Vista account tosses a monkeywrench into that theory If it was an IE issue I would think it would appear on sites other than just to Closing IE infinite causes windows open. MySpace - and I made a point of testing on sites with a variety of dynamic content to see Closing causes infinite IE windows to open. if that was a cause No luck Finally I ran the usual package of spyware malware scanners AdAware Spyblaster etc etc and came up relativley empty tracking cookies and that's about it Any situation in which you get the infinite opening windows bug error etc is always a bad thing imo but to only have it happen under what seems to be a perfect storm of conditions has got me puzzled Obviously there are a number of viable workarounds for this issue of course this also includes the traditional killing the iexplorer exe process from task manager However a problem is a problem and I would rather solve an issue than use a workaround especially if its indicitave of a bigger problem like malware etc Thanks in advance for any insight you could give -Eric

A:Closing causes infinite IE windows to open.

try resetting msie back to default. tools - internet options - advanced tab

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/closing-causes-infinite-ie-windows-to-open-288517.html
Relevancy 58.05%

When i have a few windows open....i.e. my computer, my docs, and an internet window OR just a few internet windows....for examples....doesnt really matter what it is....but as soon as i close one of the windows....all of the others close as well...MOST OF THE TIME.....is the problem...

any suggestions?

A:Problem with open windows closing...

Do you get an error message, like explorer.exe encountered some problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-open-windows-closing-209544.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Recently, when I close out of a program there is quite a bit of delay in closing and it looks like one is pulling the blind down as it closes slowly. My CPU does not seem to be running high and I seem to have plenty of ram. I have run my ad-ware, spyware, and norton anti-virus and find no proelem. Any idea how to fix this? I have rebooted a bouple of times also.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Jim Harding

A:Open windows are closing very slowly

Perhaps no one has an idea?
Thanks for any ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-windows-are-closing-very-slowly.588646/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi my windows explorer since like days ago keeps Keeps Explorer Closing Windows Down shutting down and there's this error message like error runtime not responding Dr something postmortem debugger encounters problem in debugging Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS Windows Explorer Keeps Closing Down System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink KeyboardSurrogate exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC WINDOWS system ThpSrv exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesbs exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesrv exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC WINDOWS System tabbtnu exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TCServer exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Analog Devices Windows Explorer Keeps Closing Down SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC WINDOWS system THotkey exeC Program Files Toshiba CrossMenu CrossMenu exeC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC WINDOWS system TPSODDCtl exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Acceleration Utilities TAcelMgr TAcelMgr exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Acceleration Utilities Shaker TSkrMain exeC WINDOWS system thpsrv exeC WINDOWS system TFNF exeC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Rotation Utility TRot exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED ExeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exeC Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TAudEffect TAudEff exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMETEMNU EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMERzCtl EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMESBS EXEC TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exeC WINDOWS vsnpstd exeC Windows Explorer Keeps Closing Down Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssui exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRuntime mRouterConfig exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRuntime mRouterRuntime exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files V-Gear BEE VBService ex... Read more

A:Windows Explorer Keeps Closing Down

i don't know whether this help, but this comes from the event viewer,,,

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.3156, faulting module shell32.dll, version 6.0.2900.3241, fault address 0x001e4e81.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119806/windows-explorer-keeps-closing-down/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I hope someone can help me with this as I just cannot seem to find an answer .Whenever I access windows explorer it shuts down after a few seconds I get "exception integer division by zero. (OxC0000994) occurred in the application at location 0x0bd0dbdd . the last set of digits changes as I also had (0x0597dbdd) .I am running windows XP with service pack 2
Well that's it any ideas would be greatly appreciated .
Thank you ,
Eric

A:Windows explorer keeps closing

Is your PC fully patched using windows update?

If you have and codec packages installed, uninstall them as a test. See if the problem stops.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread63720.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.809034/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi.

My problem is that when I leave my computer on and go away for a while that it goes to the welcome screen (not the problem). After I log back on windows explorer usually closes down. So the taskbar and all my icons are gone. It also happens during games sometimes.

Can someone help?

Also, My firefox keeps clearing my bookmarks and personal settings.Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks,
Kaku

A:Windows Explorer Keeps Closing

For your Firefox problem, try the following.
Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox(Safe Mode). This starts Firefox without
any extensions and the default theme. If this solves the problem, then it is an
extension or theme effecting Firefox. If that doesn't help, create a new profile.
Your profile may have become corrupt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.515972/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello - Last Tuesday I got a quot Windows Security quot virus and I thought I removed it by using the steps from bleepingcomputer com The real issue began on Monday when I received a quot Generic Host Win quot error I am not sure if the two are related After this my computer starting behaving very strangely I sometimes have trouble opening new internet explorer windows and when I finally do get one open it can sometimes Windows Explorer not is closing refuse to Windows Explorer is not closing close Yesterday I received a blue screen error and the message that quot your computer has recovered from a serious error quot The only changes I made to my computer after eliminating the virus was downloading the update for AVG Free Antivirus program Since I have tried to restore my computer to an earlier time and I have run scans with quot Malware Bytes quot a number of times The first time the program found about issues that I promptly cleaned off my system Since I have run the program a few times but no issues were returned Is there something I need to do to Malware Bytes to detect whatever is messing with my computer I thought restoring and running the scans fixed the error but later that day I received another Win error The strange thing is my computer seems to behaving normally today I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice as to what to do next here Thank you in advance for your assistance Mike

A:Windows Explorer is not closing

I mentioned that the error has not popped up today; but I just got another one!
Screen shots of the error are attached.
Again, thanks for your help.

Mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364619/windows-explorer-is-not-closing/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone A few days ago I encountered an odd problem Whenever I tried to right-click on an avi Explorer keeps Windows closing file in My Videos in Windows Explorer I would get one of the following problems All the open Windows Explorer windows Windows Explorer keeps closing would just close the taskbar would disappear and then after a few seconds the taskbar would re-appear Although I m not very tech-savvy I think this is what happens when you terminate explorer exe and it sort of automatically restarts itself I d get an error message saying quot Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot and similar to above all the Windows Explorer windows close the taskbar disappears and then re-appears as if nothing happened At the time I didn t think of taking a screenshot of this one but after right-clicking on an avi file and trying to open it in VLC player my default is Windows Media Player so I right-clicked - gt Open With - gt VLC Media Player the Windows Explorer window froze VLC froze while loading the file the taskbar froze but I was able to access other windows such as Windows Media Player and MS Word through alt tab After - minutes a message appeared about Data Execution Prevention and that explorer exe had been shut down in order to prevent data loss Some additional information - I have done virus and malware scans using Norton Malware Bytes and SuperAntiSpyware - my computer is clean - I m using SP I m reluctant to upgrade to SP because I was told that SP may conflict with Symantec products and wreck havoc - I recently upgraded DivX and downloaded the DivX Plus Codec Pack - For some reason I m unable to do System Restores - whenever it re-boots after attempting to restore it says that the restore has failed and that no changes have been made Any idea what the problem could be or steps I can take to better isolate diagnose the problem

A:Windows Explorer keeps closing

Make sure Norton is updated, and then run the SP3 Updater. I have never heard that Norton caused issues with SP3 upgrades. Can you point to a source that stated as such?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310608/windows-explorer-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone sorry to just beg for help on my first post but I keep getting a pop-up saying that Windows Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close It then reopens but then closing Windows Explorer keeps I get the same message again although it hasn't done it for a minute or too I ran HijackThis but I'm useless with anything technical so I'm hoping some very Windows Explorer keeps closing kind person can work out what on earth I've done to my computer This was the logfile Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System Windows Explorer keeps closing smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system IFXSPMGT exe C WINDOWS system IFXTCS exe C Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDsrvc EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files HPQ IAM bin asghost exe C Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDrt exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia Software Launcher NSLauncher exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS service exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C PROGRA COMMON Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services NclBTHandler exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A ... Read more

A:Windows Explorer keeps closing

Hi ecmcd, welcome to TSF..

I've had a look at your log and you have some serious issues which need dealing with...however, this section of the forum is not the correct place to seek help.

Please read through this thread as it details the '5 Step Process' which we would like you to take so that we can be in a better position to assist you. Follow the instructions as best you can. If you have any problems with any of the steps, note down some details on the problem and go to the next step. On completion, you should have some log files which we would like you to attach to a new thread and post here, be sure to add as much information as possible regarding the problems you're having and any issues you may encounter when following the '5 Step Process'

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-keeps-closing-261404.html
Relevancy 57.62%

When I try to open a media file (video-audio) it comes up with the message, windows explorer must close then gives me an option to send an error report i have ran, adaware se, spybot, bugdoctor and mcafee.

A:Windows Explorer Keeps Closing

When I try to open a media file (video-audio) it comes up with the message, windows explorer must close then gives me an option to send an error report i have ran, adaware se, spybot, bugdoctor and mcafee. What operating system are you using?If it is XP or XP Pro, go to system restore and pick a restore date from before you began experiencing this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21628/windows-explorer-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi
I have recently had a lot of pc problems with processes using 100% cpu and runtime errors. I took my pc to my local repair shop and it ended up that they completely wiped my pc and reinstalled windows xp home.
I use the mozy online backup service so thankfully most of my files are safe and I have restored them.

Everytime I try to go into "my pictures" where I store all my photographs, I get the error message "To help protect your computer, windows have closed this program. Name: Windows explorer"

Is there anything I can do to prevent this happening?

Thanks

Ian

A:Windows explorer closing down.

I hope this helps you .... http://www.helpwithwindows.com/techfiles/explorer-crashes.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-closing-down.885692/
Relevancy 57.62%

Can someone help please We have a problem with keeps explorer Windows closing one user profile on this PC which belongs to a friend If hidden files are marked as being shown and he opens My Music and selects a music track either the explorer window closes completely or freezes If however we mark the hidden files option as Windows explorer keeps closing not to show the problem does not occur and the music file will play fine Other user profiles on this PC do not show the same characteristics I don t know if this is in the correct forum I suspect not but I have also attached Windows explorer keeps closing a HJT and Start log for someone to look at to see if we need to do anything there Thanx in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Windows explorer keeps closing system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C PROGRA Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite DataLayer DataLayer exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C program files BigFix BigFix exe C program files Belkin Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C program files Logitech SetPoint KEM exe C program files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C program files WinTV Ir exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA COMMON PCSuite Services SERVIC EXE C program files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C program files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Internet Download HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www stockbrokers co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tesco net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www stockbrokers co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title PlusNet Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO MSN Search Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-gb msntb dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar MSN Search Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-gb msntb dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run CTStartup C Program Files Creative Splash Screen CTEaxSpl EXE run O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run MoneyStartUp quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Activation exe quot O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroC... Read more

A:Windows explorer keeps closing

Anyone any ideas on this please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.453703/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just had to reinstall Windows XP Home and all the updates on a new hard drive. I am running antivirus and spyware software. I am having an intermittant problem (every few minutes) when I try to close or minimize Internet Explorer windows or other open application windows. The mouse and keyboard freeze up. When I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and click twice to close the Task Manager window everything frees up and I am then able to close the other offending window but it is annoying to constantly having to do this. I had this problem about a year ago and if I recall correctly, I found a download on one of the Internet computer forum sites that solved the problem. My chances of finding that again are probably slim to none. Has anyone experienced this particular problem and have a solution.

Thanks much.

A:Intermittant Problem Closing Open Windows

do you remember which forum

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95164/intermittant-problem-closing-open-windows/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have files from a previous version names "office.org 1.1 text document" that my new windows 8 cannot open.
Any chance I can recuperate those files ? Thanks a lot.

A:how open office.org 1.1 text document on windows 8

Do you have OpenOffice installed on your machine?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24318-how-open-office-org-1-1-text-document-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

A friend is having this problem at her work that just started recently.

She needs to have multiple Word documents open at a time and when she closes one, either via the shortcut icon or via File - close (not close all), it will close the entire group of Word documents.

I'm not sure what version of Word she has but I think it's 2000.

Any ideas? I can't check for malware because it's a large business and they have an IT department but they are stumped by this as well.

Relevancy 57.19%

O K I'm looking for a opening and MS upon line adds closing Works document one job I open MS Works and I write my re'sume a few pages long Because many people cannot open a MS Works document doc x I save it as a MS Word file DOC as I close it When I re-open the thing all the text has been moved down one line and the final line of each page if it was the last line at the bottom of the previous page has rolled-over to the next page If I save it again as a DOC and re-open it it will move the text down one more line If I do that all again 'Save As' - re-open it moves everything down one more line and keeps rolling over the last line to the next page This is maddening as I try to format my re'sum'e I've taken to using Wordpad because it does not mess with the formating Does anybody have any idea why that happens

A:MS Works adds one line upon opening and closing document

There may be problem with your default template.. Try resetting the template...

Go to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates and delete the normal.dotm restart your computer have a try

http://www.vistax64.com/software/242173-ms-works-adds-one-line-upon-opening-closing-document.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi This one Closing Auto Windows Explorer will make ya brain fry My problem is this and it can happen at anytime I click to launch any program and it pops up and then autyomaticlly shuts its the same for anything lets say i have dreamweaver open and IE windows if the problemhits me I wont be able to open any other window what Explorer Windows Auto Closing so ever Explorer Windows Auto Closing the only way to get a new program or window open is to shut one of the window or programs that i already have open I have already friend up in the desktop memory dump but this didnt help This is a brand new laptop from dell with gigs ram I have run a hijackthis for you to see Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Spark Spark exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gravytrain-ltd com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows De... Read more

A:Explorer Windows Auto Closing

It's a bit tedious as a troubleshooting method, but often the only effective way to sort such things out.

Try "clean booting":

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.

See this link for detailed information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in &#8220;selective&#8221; startup mode &#8211; you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-windows-auto-closing.586706/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a problem with Windows Explorer Every time I try to use Start Search as soon as i have tyed in one or two letters a window Closing Windows and Restarting Explorer pops us saying that explorer must close I have an option to search for a solution online which I do and then explorer closes and restarts The same thing happens when I try and access Administrative Tools from the Control Panel I have scoured the Microsoft website for help but found nothing Other than this the laptop is clean - no viruses etc I have tried to install Service Pack but it fails to install repeatedly NOt sure if the problems are connected Can anyone help please The laptop is a Gateway and has not had another problems at Windows Explorer Closing and Restarting all This is the what the error produces as detail Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp deda Fault Module Name kernel dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp bd Exception Code c Exception Offset d da OS Version Locale ID Additional Information d aa Additional Information d c e bb aac af Additional Information d aa Additional Information d c e bb aac af

A:Windows Explorer Closing and Restarting

Hi -

The appcrash you listed had a 0xc0000005 exception - a memory access violation. The problem here is more than likely old and new drivers clashing - then you crash.

Your Windows Explorer executable file has a timestamp of 4907deda = Tue Oct 28 23:56:10 2008 and the MS kernel driver t/s is 4549bd80 = Thu Nov 02 05:42:24 2006.

The problem here is that your system is not updated with Vista SP1.

The installation of SP1 must be the top priority. Have you ever tried to install it? Has it shown in Windows Updates?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-closing-and-restarting-341576.html
Relevancy 56.76%

(05/19/15)
     why do i keep seeing same error box telling me that Internet Explorer is shutting down & how can problem be fixed?><>?<><?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576717/windows-81-64-internet-explorer-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 56.76%

Has anyone encountered a situation where an MPEG file will abruptly close a Windows Explorer window. The file will do this both over my network or while trying to access it from a CD on one of my computers. The PC that has the file on it has no problem with keeping it up on a Windows Explorer Window, or running it with a media program. Both computers are running the same version of Windows XP Professional. As soon as the folder is accessed over the network, Windows Explorer closes on the computer. The same situation occurs when the MPEG file is accessed by CD. The file has been scanned for viruses with multiple checkers, and seems fine. The MPEG file also plays fine in a portable DVD player. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

A:Windows Explorer abruptly closing

Welcome to TSG....

The MPEG file if it has a corruption in it it might play ok in a player but it might crash in a Windows environment. Have you tried this file on another computer that is either on the network and also off the network?

Can you open the MPEG file with an editor program to check to see if it is a good file? Try copying it from the CD-R or DVD to the hard drive to a special directory you have set up. If it does not copy then the file is no good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-abruptly-closing.515789/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello All!
For some reason today my computer likes to close the internet browsers on it's own. I use IE- the version used in 2004. When i've been playing games, doing research, anything the windows close- all of them. And then a window opens to say i've chosen to end the unresponsive program and asking me to send an error report. I never chose to close the program, it happens on its own. Do I have too many things running at once or any other ideas? Thank you much :0)

A:Self-Closing Internet Explorer Windows

Hi let us have some Pc specs.
Make..model..hard drive size..free space..Installed Ram etc.
Installed Anti-virus and Spyware programs??
Check Task Manager to see what processes are running.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323527

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/self-closing-internet-explorer-windows.715090/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys. I have this really big problem that has been bugging me for about a year. I'm sure I have no viruses, spyware , adware and I even checked no malware. I'm having the same problem as this person http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/722359-solved-explorer-exe-crashes-everytime.html I've followed some of the things stated in that topic but I still can't manage to fix the crashing when opening my computer, recycle bin. And other things :S Please Help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-crashes-when-closing-windows.770355/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have scanned amp saved hundreds of family photos and am trying to reorder them so I don t have duplicates etc etc Windows Explorer closing random When doing this I get the quot Windows Explorer has enountered a problem amp has to close quot I click quot ok quot and it closes and then comes back with the normal home screen all icons present amp correct If I try to do the same file reordering it does it again so I can t finish what I started I understand that the most likely cause is a shell extension somewhere causing this to happen I have the shellxview programme which comes Windows Explorer random closing up with over shell extensions It was also suggested to disable some of them amp see if that solves the problem Can I disable ALL of Windows Explorer random closing them amp enable them one by one or will that just stop my computer working Which ones are more likely to cause this problem I also get Explorer closing when I go into a folder with avi s in it Is this related do you think Any help amp idiots guide will help greatly thanks Ian nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-random-closing.1026254/
Relevancy 56.76%

Based on the following log can anybody help Ive run spybot AVG Explorer Keeps Closing And Windows Help! Restarting! Anti-virus AVG Anti Spyware and cleaned all the things that came up I checked event viewer and this is what i comes up with Event Type InformationEvent Source WinlogonEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time User Windows Explorer Keeps Closing And Restarting! Help! N AComputer TAVAROESN Description The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer exe was restarted For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp HERE IS MY HIJACK THIS LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Windows Explorer Keeps Closing And Restarting! Help! Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Kontiki KService exeC Program Files NavNT rtvscan exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC Program Files O bin sprtsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exeC PROGRA Xpoint xpadmin xpadmin exeC PROGRA Xpoint agent Xpagent exeC PROGRA Xpoint EEClient xpclient exec program files lenovo system update suservice exeC WINDOWS system cmd exeC PROGRA Xpoint SAS jre bin javaw exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www npanet co ukR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www npanet co uk O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exeO - HKLM Run Rapid Restore C Program Files Xpoint PE Skin rrpcsb exeO - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exeO - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeO - HKLM Run O quot C Program Files O bin sprtcmd exe quot P O O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS System igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run PRD C Program Files Pointstone System Cleaner SystemCleaner exe AfterRebootO - HKLM RunOnce SpybotDeletingC cmd c del quot C Program Files RegistryFix logs - - - - txt quot O - HKLM RunOnce SpybotDeletingA command c del quot C Program Files RegistryFix RegistryFixBackup zip quot O - HKLM RunOnce SpybotDeletingC cmd c del quot C Program Files RegistryFix RegistryFixBackup zip quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYST... Read more

A:Windows Explorer Keeps Closing And Restarting! Help!

Hi,

The forums are really busy, that explains why logs get behind. If you still need some help, please start with posting a new hijackthislog in this thread. Don't start with a new thread.
Then I'll take a look.

Regards,

Rosty.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136481/windows-explorer-keeps-closing-and-restarting-help/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

Today after I logon, i lost all of my desktop icons. In windows explorer, i cannot access c:\user\(my profile). in dos cmd prompt, c:\user\(my profile) showing "file not found".

However in excel and MS word, i can retrieve limited documents by opening via 'Recent documents'. file properties showing my old file path. of course i cannot go to the path via windows explorer.

I tried logoff and can logon with (my profile) name. but after logon, i can only save files under C:\Users\Public because i cannot access my profile.

Is there anyway i can recover my profile or at least get my old My Documents and My Pictures?

Thanks very much

A:Cannot access my document from windows explorer

Sounds like your profile is corrupted and you were given a new, default profile. See here for how to fix this: Fix a corrupted user profile - Windows Help

Make note of the following:

Fix a corrupted user profile
Your user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to. It contains your settings for desktop backgrounds, screen savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you log on to Windows. If you tried to log on to Windows and received an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted, you can try to repair it. You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one.

Before you create a new profile
Occasionally, Windows might not read your user profile correctly?for example, if your antivirus software is scanning your computer while you try to log on. Before you create a new user profile, try restarting your computer and logging on with your user account again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337173-cannot-access-my-document-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Upon closing IE i get an error: C:\DOCUM~1\Lindee\Locals~1\Temp\eeaf_appcompat.txt

It is driving me crazy as it pops up all the time, I say to debug it, but it doesn't help. How can I fix it? Thanks.

A:Error closing Internet Explorer windows

possibly
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/chats/transcripts/04december16.mspx
have a read through this its interesting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-closing-internet-explorer-windows.522274/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm running win7 Ultimate on my Asus 32 bit netbook. I keep getting a pop-up box telling me Windows Explorer is closing and must restart. When I look at the details, I get the following---
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d6727a7
Fault Module Name: audiodev.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b722
Exception Offset: 6d00eb75
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

If I interpret this correctly, I think there is a problem with the AUDIODEV.DLL but I have no idea how to fix this. Please tell me if I'm on the right track and how I might proceed. Thanks

A:Windows Explorer repeatedly closing and restarting

audiodev.dll is an unwanted file that is known to cause problems. Though it's a microsoft stuff, I still suggest you to scan for malware.

Perform a full system scan using: Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download and some other good anti virus software as well.

If this doesn't solve the problem, follow this guide: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/286410-windows-explorer-repeatedly-closing-restarting.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all my Windows Explorer keeps closing automatically after few seconds I open it I tried to repair my Windows installation but the situation remained the same Any help please This is my HiJackThis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager closing Explorer few Windows seconds automatically after keeps bin nSvcLog exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Cyberlink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files VDOTool TBPanel exe C Program Files PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Windows Explorer keeps closing automatically after few seconds Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X fppdis a exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Paint Shop Pro Photo X CorelIOMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Corel Corel PhotoDownloader Corel Photo Downloader exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MESSEN Msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Documents and Settings Chris Desktop HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - A E - F - C - - AAA DE - C WINDOWS system opnkLddb dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO no name - F B B B-C - E-A FF-AC A DE AC - C WINDOWS system ddcYqrOG dll O - Toolbar a... Read more

A:Windows Explorer keeps closing automatically after few seconds

Welcome to TSF.

Please print the below instructions or copy them to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the order mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following if they still exist and hit 'Fix Checked' after you checked the last one:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A34E3369-4F92-40C1-9320-027559AAA6DE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnkLddb.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F30B1B0B-C305-414E-A4FF-AC93A08DE0AC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddcYqrOG.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service] tyadjy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [WinxDiagUpdate] WinxDiagUpdate
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service] tyadjy.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service] tyadjy.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ddcYqrOG - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ddcYqrOG.dll

Locate the following Files/Folders and delete them if they exist (if no location given, just do a search for them):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnkLddb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddcYqrOG.dll
tyadjy.exe

Download Malwarebytes ' Anti-Malware at http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe or http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full Scan, then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart (see Extra Note below).
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy & paste the entire report into your next reply.

Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix and follow the instructions on how to install the Recovery Console and run ComboFix. Go through all the steps until posting the log part. Post the combofix log here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-explorer-keeps-closing-automatically-after-few-seconds-261593.html
Relevancy 56.33%

when i click on windows internet explorer it opens for less than a second an then closes straight away this happens when i use dial up or broadband im not to closing windows immediatly internet explorer sure whats goin on think i might have a virus im using a laptop now get on the net because oviously i cannot access the internet my hjack this log is below v help windows internet explorer closing immediatly would be greatly appreaciated im a bit of a novice in case you havent already guessed Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files QTbar QTBAR EXE C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe C Program Files Messenger Blocker MessengerBlocker exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Connie Desktop My Media HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com O - HKLM Run diagent quot C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe quot startup O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exe -osboot O - HKLM Run CloneCDElbyCDFL quot C Program Files CloneCD ElbyCheck exe quot L ElbyCDFL O - HKLM Run CloneCDTray quot C Program Files CloneCD CloneCDTray exe quot O - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM Run LogitechGalleryRepair C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechImageStudioTray C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exe O - HKLM Run updater C Program Files Common files updater wupdater exe O - HKLM Run elux c windows elux exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKCU Run Apivision com QTbar C Program Files QTbar QTBAR EXE O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run Eyeball Chat quot C Program Files Eyeball Eyeball Chat EyeballChat exe quot -min O - HKCU Run msmc C WINDOWS system msmc exe O - HKCU Run DealHelperDown quot C Documents and Settings Connie Local Settings Temp ms tmp quot O - HKCU Run RTEGPRS quot C Program Files Common Files RTE RTEGPRS exe quot tray O - Startup Messenger Blocker Real-time Protector lnk C Program Files Messenger Blocker MessengerBlocker exe O - Startup PalNetaware lnk C Paltalk pnetaware exe O - Global Startup GetRight - Tray Icon lnk C Program Files GetRight getright exe O - Global Startup LimeWire lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire LimeWire exe O - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Quicken Startup lnk C QUICKENW QWDLLS EXE O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm lnk C Program Files ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - C Program Files GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - C Program Files GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - DPF D DB D - EC - A -BD - E E BB - http ak imgfarm... Read more

A:windows internet explorer closing immediatly

I'm not a hijack log expert, but I'd like to know if you're running a pop-up blocker? Possibly known as EMS FreeSurfer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-internet-explorer-closing-immediatly.299512/
Relevancy 56.33%

Every time I navigate to my external HD, I get a DEP message followed by a program error message, then it just closes. I already tried turning off DEP, but I still get the error message and the same thing happens. I have tried the drive on another computer and it works fine. I've also done a virus scan and I had no viruses.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-keeps-closing-itself-when-i-go-to-my-external-drive-226585.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Recently my McAfee anti virus software detected and deleted some trojans Since then i have run and re-run the most recent versions McAfee Ad-aware and Spybot to make sure the problem was gone None of these detected any problems but my windows explorer continues to crash unexpectedly and internet pages load extremely slow or closing explorer internet Windows and slow not at all I am running windows vista bit and here is my HiJack file thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Windows explorer closing and slow internet mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe Windows explorer closing and slow internet C Program Files DELL MediaDirect PCMService exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows Windows explorer closing and slow internet System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files McAfee MSK mskagent exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcxmon exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files DELL QuickSet quickset exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO testCPV - B - - A -AD -CBF A EFAF - no file O - BHO CDNSCacheObj Object - AE- - E F- F - F CC - C Windows Trntfiltr dll O - BHO no name - FECA - AD - E -A AD- B D FB DB - C Users Erik AppData Local Temp hgddc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptcl dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run OEM Mon exe C Windows OEM Mon exe O ... Read more

A:Windows explorer closing and slow internet

"Bump!"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-closing-and-slow-internet.701346/
Relevancy 56.33%

Just in the last week or so, when I click on a linked page off of a page, it will open the link for 5 seconds, then POOF! it closes and I am back to the original page.

This is happening on almost every site I go to. I'm thinking it might be a setting under Internet Options | Tools, but can't figure it out.

I've done massive searching for something similar, but can't find anything.

Any ideas? I don't have Macromedia Flash installed, and possibly some of those "other little programs" that like to load themselves....could it be something like that?

I can provide links if needed, but I don't have this log file everyone seems to be using.

I'm running XP PRO SP2....and I run AdAware SE, AVG and Microsoft AntiSpyware.....

Thanks from a new poster!
Pam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-6-0-is-closing-my-linked-windows.352737/
Relevancy 56.33%

The error message saysInternet explorer has stopped workingA problem has caused internet explorer to close and so on.I just got this computer yesterday. There wasn't a problem with internet explorer until I installed firefox, then I unstalled it. I'm sure firefox isn't the problem. I installed other software as well. What should I do?p.s. I scanned the computer using ad aware, and a-squared and avast antivirus!

A:Internet Explorer Keeps Closing In Windows Vista!

Internet Explorer will stop working almost all the time cause a conflict with a Plugin or Active X...Go to "MSconfig".Click on Start > Type in "Start Search" MSconfig" (no quotes) and hit Enter...Go to the Startup tab and look for "OmniPage" and uncheck it...Go to internet options...Start > Control panel > Left side of window click on classic view > Internet options.In "General" tab, and look for browsing history and click on "delete..." Delete all...Go to "Programs" tab and click on "Manage Add-ons". Add-ons are active-x controls that change the way Internet Explorer is used. These can be toolbars, plug-ins, and other code that can interfere with the operation of IE. Select any suspicious add-on names from the name list and select disable to prevent the add-on code from opening when IE is opened.Finally go click the "Advanced" tab. Remove the checkmark from "Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart)", editAlso unchek "Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks".Restart and the error should not come back.These errors are probably caused by browser extensions that were added through spyware or adware.Maybe a look in here, and posting your log will help if this didn't.Hope it helps Mav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105717/internet-explorer-keeps-closing-in-windows-vista/
Relevancy 56.33%

For the past few weeks I have been having issues with my computer For example I get DEP popups saying for your computers protections Data Execution prevention has closed don't virtumonde think get "DEP" it's windows explorer ( closing popups gone) i I the following program - Windows Explorer It will sometimes say Internet Explorer which i never use I love using Firefox or chrome I got Prevx a few months back virtumonde ( i don't think it's gone) I get "DEP" popups closing windows explorer it seemed to work well fixed a few issues way back when but now it seems to not find stuff I see when it scans at the bottom it still shows virtumonde which I thought I got removed with Seek and Destroy a week or so ago I ve ran Prevx Seek and Destroy MalwareBytes Anti-malware and even housecall trendmicro com currently they don t find anything save for a single quot doubleclick quot thing in the malware search I m at a loss Can anyone help or am I being silly thinking DEP shouldn t be popping up If I m not on anything Thanks for any help or insight Savvy DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Savvy at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page uSearch Bar uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO ContributeBHO Class c dc - - a a- d-c c - c program files adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO SafeOnline BHO d - c- bd-b - e d ef - c windows system PxSecure dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Skype Plug-In ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Google Gears Helper e fefe -fbf - ae-ba - ca e fb - c program files google google gears internet explorer gears dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB Contribute Toolbar bdde -e a - -b e- b b fc - c program files adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll TB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No File EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings savvy local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background mRun Acrobat Assistant quot c program files adobe acrobat acrobat Acrotray exe quot mRun Launch LgDeviceAgent quot c program files logitech gamepanel software LgDevAgt exe quot mRun Launch LGDCore quot c program files logitech gamepanel software g-series software LGDCore exe quot SHOWHIDE mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun LXCGCATS rundll c windows system spool drivers w x LXCGtime dll RunDLLEntry mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRun mRun Callcentric mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime StartupFolder c documents and settings savvy start menu programs startup CurseClientStartup ccip StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup logitech setpoint lnk - c program files logitech setpoint SetPoint exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm progra... Read more

A:virtumonde ( i don't think it's gone) I get "DEP" popups closing windows explorer

Welcome to BC Please download MBRCheck.exe to your desktop.Be sure to disable your security programs.Double-Click on the file to run it (Vista and Windows 7 users will have to confirm the UAC prompt).A window will open on your desktop.if an unknown bootcode is found you will have further options available to you, at this time press N the press Enter twice.If nothing unusual is found just press EnterA .txt file named MBRCheck_mm.dd.yy_hh.mm.ss should appear on your desktop.In your next reply, please include the log from MBRChecker. Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364447/virtumonde-i-dont-think-its-gone-i-get-dep-popups-closing-windows-explorer/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey people again, this time the problem lies with my PC at home! Whenever I'm using Windows Explorer and just going through my Hard Drive, after a few mins i get the "windows explorer has encountered a problem" message and it closes the explorer window, the whole screen goes blue for a second and then the desktop comes back and the systray looks as if it's loading the icons again in the bottom right! I installed ZoneAlarm a couple of weeks ago and I don't know whether that's causing a problem/conflict but I've had to uninstall MSN because it just keeps logging out and logging in!

HELP!!

A:Windows Explorer Closing Error - Constantly

Set a restore point and back up any important data (you do this already right ). The we can try using the system file checker (ie sfc command). This will require your Windows CD and afterwards you will need to reinstall all your microsoft updates.

To do this simply go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

As I said, make sure you back up and set a restore point.

Let me know how you go.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-closing-error-constantly-143844.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Evening everybody Got a small head-scratcher here I dual-boot Well I can't really say 'dual-boot' what would be the expression for nine OS's on the same machine Seven would be what septa-boot Eight octa-boot Nine well never mind I run Windows XP Professional and eight 'Puppies' I've had the copy of XP Pro for several years and I've lost track of the number of times I've re-installed it when everything starts slowing down Can't be bothered with doing all the investigation and repair guff I know the symptoms by now so it's quicker for me to re-install especially since I did a 'slipstreamed' SP disc quite some time ago I re-install - times a year the last occasion was back in March FYI I also run the 'Deskman' Powertoy multiple desktops for those of you who might not be aware of what it does I've got so used to virtual desktops in Linux it got so I was lost without them every time I booted into XP This time round everything has been behaving itself when around a fortnight ago I started getting a hiccup with Windows Explorer Every time I go into it it's all good I do what I need to do upon exiting however the system is now freezing up for a short time perhaps seconds or so followed by this message - 'Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close to protect your computer Windows computer'... protect your down to Explorer 'closing We Windows Explorer 'closing down to protect your computer'... are sorry for the inconvenience ' This disappears upon OK'ing it but the system remains frozen for perhaps another minutes then I get the same 'encountered a problem' message about the Dr Watson Post-mortem debugger Is this a regular problem I recall coming across this a long while ago when I was running a copy of XP Home back in it was constantly doing it Since switching to XP Pro a year or so later I've not had the problem until now I wonder if it's time to re-burn my slipstreamed XP SP disc It has had a Windows Explorer 'closing down to protect your computer'... fair bit of use Any information or suggestions will be much appreciated BTW What exactly does the Dr Watson Post-mortem debugger do write to the error logs Mike

A:Windows Explorer 'closing down to protect your computer'...

Windows XP explorer is more buggy then later versions of Windows OS explorer it does crash more often run Sfc /scannow command to repair any damage Windows system files. Also damage media file can cause this issue when Windows try to render the thumbnail for the damage media file Windows Explorer may froze or close disable viewing thumbnails to see problem will get resolves if it does then you will need to find out which media file is damage.
Open Control Panel. (Classic View)
Click on the System icon.
Click on the advanced system settings link.
Under Performance, click on the Settings button.
In the Visual Effects tab, uncheck "Show thumbnails instead of icons."
When the thumbnail view is enabled in Windows Explorer, it will generate thumbnails for your video files. If something goes wrong during this process, then Explorer may crash. Causes of failures can be corrupt media  files or buggy codec. Remove third party codec packs. Automatically diagnose and fix Internet Explorer or Windows applications when it freezes or stops responding caused by codecs when playing video files. Download Microsoft Fix it utility.
Buggy program extension can also make Windows Explorer crash or froze uninstall programs you installed before this issue started.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616444/windows-explorer-closing-down-to-protect-your-computer/
Relevancy 56.33%

I would like to have windows explorer open with all drives showing and with c:\Program Files fully expanded (as if the + next to Program Files were clicked) in the left pane.

I am currently using the target, "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n, /e, C:\Program Files\Agent" which expands Program Files only to the extent that Agent is highlighted and expanded. How can I get it to open with all program files visible in the left pane? I must need another switch but don't know what it is or where to put it in the sequence.

A:Open windows explorer with "Program Files" fully expanded?

Try /ROOT or /SELECT

Syntax:

Option Function
---------------------------------------------------------------------- /n Opens a new single-pane window for the default
selection. This is usually the root of the drive that Windows is installed on. If the window is already open, a duplicate opens.

/e Opens Windows Explorer in its default view.

/root,<object> Opens a window view of the specified object.

/select,<object> Opens a window view with the specified folder, file,
or program selected.

Examples
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Example 1: Explorer /select,C:\TestDir\TestProg.exe
Opens a window view with TestProg selected.

Example 2: Explorer /e,/root,C:\TestDir\TestProg.exe
Opens Explorer with drive C expanded and TestProg selected.

Example 3: Explorer /root,\\TestSvr\TestShare
Opens a window view of the specified share.

Example 4: Explorer /root,\\TestSvr\TestShare,select,TestProg.exe
Opens a window view of the specified share with TestProg selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-windows-explorer-with-program-files-fully-expanded.520413/
Relevancy 56.33%

Chalk this one up on the list of inane annoyances Whenever a PDF document is selected in Windows Explorer the document is being Previewed I am unable to make specific changes to that document in Explorer Windows previewing a document Can't while change when I open it in either Acrobat Pro or Foxit The specific changes include note annotations adding lines objects text boxes call out boxes images For some reason highlighting doesn't produce the same error weird Preview seems to be stealing the permissions to Can't change a document while previewing in Windows Explorer save a file because i guess it is accessing the file too The error is Quote The document could not be saved The file may be read-only or opened by another user please save the document with a different name or in a different folder The solution is to de-select the document Can't change a document while previewing in Windows Explorer from Explorer and then save the file However this is extremely irritating I Can't change a document while previewing in Windows Explorer select the document in Explorer before I open it so of course the file is still selected In order to get around this I have to manually de-select any file that I want to save OR turn off Preview Any workaround for this so that Preview doesn't take over when I want to make changes to a file

A:Can't change a document while previewing in Windows Explorer

Does this happen with any type of document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Music, Pictures, etc.) or just with specific documents? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to duplicate this issue and can't seem to do so.

Additionally, when you open the file, do you just do it by clicking on it or do you go to the program first then open it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107857-cant-change-document-while-previewing-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I ve done some searching and haven t seen any responses to this elsewhere 7 Explorer Windows Internet in Document Library different so I thought I would make my own post I recently have moved some of my users documents to a newer server from our old server This caused no real issues and was Windows 7 Document Library different in Internet Explorer quite easy to manage After the move on one particular system I updated the document library to make sure it was pointing to the new location Windows 7 Document Library different in Internet Explorer on the new server made the files available offline and let it synchronize After the synchronization was complete there were no issues However when they try to attach a file to either an email or to a web form through Internet Explorer the document library from the Attach a file window is still pointing to the old location When I try to point that library to the new location it says the folder isn t indexed although I can have the library open in a windows explorer window and show that it is indexed and in the library Is there any way I can have the library updated in both Windows and Internet Explorer The system is currently running Windows Professional Bit It was running Internet Explorer when the error first appeared but I updated to Internet Explorer and it is still not working correctly This is the only system where it is acting like this I have checked other identical systems that have had this file switch done as well Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

How do I edit the macros of a document if the macro that closes the program is executing right when the document opens? It doesn't allow me enough time to go to View --> View Macros to delete or edit the auto-exec macro.

A:Solved: Word 2007 auto-exec macro closing document

If you open a brand new document without any macros attached you should be able to change the application security level to high so that no macros will run which will then allow you to open the document with the code attached to edit it.

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-2007-auto-exec-macro-closing-document.1063707/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am running Windows Home Premium on an Acer Aspire On -C KK I wasn't thinking and instead of uninstalling Egistec Shredder preloaded crap thanks acer I tried to delete the whole folder quot Egistec Shredder quot in Program Files x It deleted all the key components and applications installers and uninstallers Now under the 'Egistec shredder' folder I'm left with one folder called 'x ' and then in that folder dll files that cannot be deleted because quot they are open in windows explorer I have tried everything Shredder does not show up in the Control panel uninstall programs window anymore probably because I deleted most of it I have tried exiting out of windows windows files "open delete explorer" in .dll Can't explorer and using a different explorer still won't let me delete I've tried deleting in safe mode still won't delete I tried to download the entire program again and it said the existing program on your computer is preventing Can't delete .dll files "open in windows explorer" from downloading it again I'm at my wits end HELP

A:Can't delete .dll files "open in windows explorer"

You could try de-registering the dlls.

regsvr32 -u <path>\<filename>.dll

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-delete-dll-files-open-in-windows-explorer-683795.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have several protective programs running..
like "Adware, Fix It 5,SpywareStopper"
but I haven't found any viruses...

When I run SpyBot, it comes up with about 23-25 entries AND I stall when I get to create a restore point. After a lon---g period of time the (not responding)
goes on.

Another problem is that WinRAR opens but closes unexpectedly...

Are these problems possibly related or do I have different issues???

Thanks for any help!

A:Creating a Restore Point & Windows XP Explorer Windows closing

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html Follow this link to Rollin Rog Security Tools It is hard to tell from your report exactly what spy ware programs you are running . Scroll down the page to Parasitic , Download Ad-Aware SE , Spy Bot Search and Destroy , Spy Ware Blaster . Setup and update according to the tutourials. Go to Panda Active Scan or other online virus scanner and run a scan . If you do not have an anti virus program aboard go to Grisoft AVG and download the personal free edition . Use these programs only for now and shut down any other spyware / malware programs you mayhave running . After using the programs from Rollin Rog Security Tools come back and let us know how things are now running .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-restore-point-windows-xp-explorer-windows-closing.272967/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have tried to search for this problem and haven't found any other reference. I have tried virus, malware & spyware scans and seem to be clear of such. I am running Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2. Laptop is Toshiba Satellite, Intel Pentium 1.50 MHz, 2.00 GB RAM. All of my programs seem to work and I have no problems with internet access or speed. It is very annoying and, if I am typing, I miss letters or spaces if the flashing of the command prompt window opens and closes. It never stay open long enough for me to read any text so I can't tell you what is going on. Just in the time I have been typing this, the event has happened 10-12 times. I would really appreciate any help. I have tried "System Restore" but get a "Failure to Restore" message for all of the restore points I have tried.

A:Black "command prompt" windows keep flashing open & closing immediately

Hello let's do this to stop the screen so you can read it and post the error.. Then do an MBAM scan and post a log.Click on Start, then right click on My Computer.Scroll and select Properties, then choose Advanced tab.Under Start up and Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure uncheck Automatic System Restart. Now when the BSOD occurs the screen will stop and you can write the complete error down to post.Next run MBAM:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.36) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226706/black-command-prompt-windows-keep-flashing-open-closing-immediately/
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings everyone There is a quite strange problem with my World of Warcraft that didn't occured before a certain windows reinstallation The problem is Explorer Warcraft World keeps its Windows and in of closing folder that my WoW keeps closing randomly without any error message and its folder does the same I tried out lots of things which worked temporarily but somehow this problem persists further and further I checked my computer with several antiviruses and antispywares with no succes they found nothing When this problem began WoW closed as if i had shut it down in Task Manager The game didn't save the changes i made while i was playing I first shut all windows services and it seemed to be working after a week the problem appeared again I said to World of Warcraft and its folder in Windows Explorer keeps closing myself that it must be a process killer so i renamed the Wow exe file to asd exe and World of Warcraft and its folder in Windows Explorer keeps closing the problem seemed World of Warcraft and its folder in Windows Explorer keeps closing to have been solved i didn't have any problem with WoW for two weeks but the problem occured again with a new thing Not only does WoW close itself but every single folder named quot World of Warcraft quot and i noticed that if there are other words beside quot World of Warcraft quot let's suppose quot World of Warcraft Trial quot the folder won't close And it happens to Windows Explorer not IE only If i open the quot World of Warcraft quot folder with Total Commander TCMD won't close And now WoW saves the changes when it closes as if i used alt f to close it I don't think it is a hardware related issue My memory cards are okay i checked them with memtest and no problems were found it can't be a videocard issue because other games don't close it can't be a motherboard issue because other programs should close if it was the case Maybe a HDD issue but i don't think a damaged hardware causes problem to only one program i bet it is an infection because i found some interesting processes in my system for example quot netchk exe quot when i launched it this program said the following quot Unable to kill process Wow exe quot This process is installed alongside the game quot Falcon quot i never heard of this game but what the hell was this nethck exe looking for in my system if a never installed this game So my process killer theory was right for a time because this thing didn't manage to close WoW because WoW was renamed to quot asd exe quot at that time i found also the process quot PSKILL EXE quot which is also a process killer Anyway i've created a video about these problems Here is the link http sizostore extra hu - - AVI and here is a Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in ... Read more

A:World of Warcraft and its folder in Windows Explorer keeps closing

I also noticed that when WoW closes itself a process named "wscript.exe" appears. after WoW is closed, it vanishes. not always does it appear, but at most of the cases it does

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/world-of-warcraft-and-its-folder-in-windows-explorer-keeps-closing-386987.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all Basically the problem is in the title After using Windows Photo Gallery to look at photos when I close it it hangs Not Responding and if I try to interact closing when Gallery Photo hangs Windows explorer with the window I get a system message that Windows Explorer has stopped working I can leave that message unanswered and continue using Windows for a Windows explorer hangs when closing Photo Gallery while but the Windows explorer hangs when closing Photo Gallery system will eventually lock without any BSODs restarts or anything If I instead choose to close Windows Explorer it removes the taskbar and I am left with the desktop but without tools to start programs or restart shut down And if I ignore the prompt to close explorer or wait for it to respond and try to shut down it will show me the quot logging off quot screen forever without actually shutting down and only hard power off restart can help with Vista prompting me for a normal start or safe mode at next power up I tried avoiding using PG and using Live Photo Gallery instead I was editing some photos in Gimp and when saving a file Gimp hung with the same overall effect So I am not sure if the problem is in PG or somewhere else I ran sfc scannow or whatever that scan command is and it didn't find anything I'm not sure if the problems started right after a particular software install but I did update Kaspersky Internet Security to version the day before PG crashed for the first time that I can remember On two occasions the Problems and solutions lists Explorer problems which occurred within minutes from each other like this Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangB Application Name Explorer EXE Application Version Application Timestamp e da Hang Signature Hang Type OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature da c fc aca a ba c c f Additional Hang Signature d Additional Hang Signature b f c ba a d eef f d Additional Hang Signature Additional Hang Signature da c fc aca a ba c c f Additional Hang Signature d Additional Hang Signature b f c ba a d eef f d Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppTermFailureEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem some files may no longer be available Explorer EXE atk kdmp Explorer EXE mu dmp Explorer EXE xml Version txt I believe the problem is reproducible and now I'm afraid of starting the photo gallery This is really frustrating as I need to sort several thousand photos from vacation and can't do it Otherwise the computer runs fine and does not exhibit any other major problems Reinstalling windows is the last option as this is the PC I use for work so I am trying to find a fix Thanks in advance Vit System specs Windows Vista Home Premium CPU Intel Q GB RAM GPU Nvidia GTe MB

A:Windows explorer hangs when closing Photo Gallery

Update:
Same now happened in the Windows Live Gallery: I was previewing photos and rotating some of them, so first it refused to rotate a couple suggesting they were opened by another program (they weren't) and then as I moved to another image, it showed "Saving..." and just hung there. Closing didn't help (and no messages that it was not responding). I used Task Manager to kill the process - the Live Gallery disappeared from the desktop but remained in the Task Manager processes. I was able to open another instance of Live Gallery and do some operations before it hung again. After killing it with Task Manager again, I had two processes in the Task Manager and none on the desktop. I closed all programs and tried logging off but it didn't log me off, the mouse was moving though. After restart, it turns out some programs didn't actually close (Firefox offered to recover a crashed session).

No error messages in Event viewer

I'll run checkdisk later as it is taking ages, but would appreciate suggestions. Thanks
Vit

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282930-windows-explorer-hangs-when-closing-photo-gallery.html
Relevancy 55.9%

no matter what I configure in Autoplay ...
- whenever I say "safely remove mass storage" (in my case it's a SD Card) the explorer window is closed
- it only stays open when I select another drive before "safe removal"
- it also stays open when I just pull the SD Card (unsafe remove)

the drive itself is a combined mass storage reader built into the Desktop PC and ist drive letters are always shown in the explorer

Is there a regkey to tell Windows to just let it open ?

A:inhibt windows explorer from closing when SD card removed

In its infinite wisdom Windows assumes the user is finished using File Explorer [renamed from Windows Explorer in Win7] and to save resources closes that window. It really doesn't bother me as I usually have two or more instances of File Explorer running anyway [for access to External USB HDDs].

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51062-inhibt-windows-explorer-closing-when-sd-card-removed.html
Relevancy 55.9%

The window in question is the Windows Explorer one. Everytime I click close, I get a message telling me that Windows Explorer stopped working or something. Anyway, it restarts on its own. This happens every time that I click close on a Windows Explorer windows. I have a feeling it's the new Windows Update that just finished installing. I've attached the Update History copy below.
Code:
Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB941833)

Installation date: &#8206;22/&#8206;05/&#8206;2008 12:07 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

This update resolves reliability and application compatibility issues in Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2. By installing this update, you can achieve better reliability and application compatibility. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=100281

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Relevancy 55.9%

I have autoplay completely disabled.
I realize that Windows Explorer (WE) will open if a new dvd, usb drive, etc is connected/inserted.

But 'I open' all of the WE windows I use but "Win7 64 will close that WE window if the thing is removed, even when it did NOT create/open it" !!

Anyone know how to disable this 'automatic' CLOSING of WE by Win 7??

Thanks for any help!! , this is a pain (and infinitely stupid on Win7's part) !!

A:How to stop Windows Explorer closing for removable Disks!

Unfortunately there is no feature built into windows 7 that can stop this from happening, there could be a 3rd party application somewhere. I personally think there was a-lot of stupidity on Microsoft side when they built windows explorer

Also Welcome to 7 Forums!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/148620-how-stop-windows-explorer-closing-removable-disks.html
Relevancy 55.9%

First my desktop changed to having color behind the text of my shortcuts then it whent white and said active desktop problem I think I have fixed Solved: Freezes and explorer System windows Help: Pop closing. Ups, this Second when I Solved: Help: Pop Ups, System Freezes and explorer windows closing. am exploring through my computer the windows will disappear as will all my desktop accept the screen graphic then it all reappears accept the explorer window This happen more often if I have two windows open Third when browsing I am getting a lot of pop ups Mainly from virus detection sites something tells me they won t help much Here is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall AVENGINE Solved: Help: Pop Ups, System Freezes and explorer windows closing. EXE C WINDOWS system svchost Solved: Help: Pop Ups, System Freezes and explorer windows closing. exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE G PROGRA MOVIEL MOVIEL MOVIEL EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall PsCtrls exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall PavFnSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe c program files panda security panda antivirus firewall firewall PSHOST EXE C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall PsImSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall ApvxdWin exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall WebProxy exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C Program Files ESPNRunTime DIGServices exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe G Program Files Movielink MovielinkManager Movielink User exe C Program Files Creative VoiceCenter AndreaVC exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mimboot exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mm tray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files iRiver HSeries iHPDetect exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall psimreal exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cidaemon exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www espn go com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ... Read more

A:Solved: Help: Pop Ups, System Freezes and explorer windows closing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-pop-ups-system-freezes-and-explorer-windows-closing.623650/
Relevancy 55.47%

Please can someone help?

When trying to open up my documents folder, it crashes and a message appears saying that windows explorer had to close. This happens everytime I try to access the folder.

When it says “Send / Don’t Send” I press “Send”. This then brings up an internet window saying that the problem is due to XVID. I have got some videos that I have downloaded from YouTube, but can no longer access them because it crashes and won’t allow me into the folder.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem.

A:Document Folder keeps crashing!!!! Windows Explorer needs to close!

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, but mine is when I try to get into my 'Shared' folder from LimeWire.

Is it possible I could have downloaded a virus?

Thanks.
Cliffy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/document-folder-keeps-crashing-windows-explorer-needs-to-close.551035/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,
I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Windows XP Home on it.
My problem is as such:
When ever I close an explorer window, the taskbar and desktop icons disappear for a few seconds...Its quite annoying, and it also closes any other Windows I have open.
Programs don't seem to be affected...

Has anyone come across this problem? And are there any solutions?
Much thanks for any help rendered.

A:Taskbar and Desktop Icons Dissapear After Closing Explorer Windows.

*bump*
Can no one help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-dissapear-after-closing-explorer-windows.601650/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi to all I'm sure a lot of people are annoyed with the same bug it apprently happens on all Windows editions When you open explorer and activate the preview pane using the button on the uper right to and preview re-opening How size pane of closing Windows 7 when keep - the the Explorer? you can define the size like any pane by clicking and draging the vertical border line But when you close explorer and open it again the size is not kept and the preview pane is very big you have to click and drag everytime to resize it It doesn't happen if you double-click on computer it only happens when you click on explorer icon which opens the libraries location the default location i'm not completly sure but i've only seen that in this way Windows 7 - How to keep the size of the preview pane when closing and re-opening Explorer? It seems that Explorer doesn't read correctly the REG BINARY of quot ReadingPaneSizer quot or maybe the values quot PageSpaceControlSizer quot or quot PreviewPaneSizer quot in the key quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Modules GlobalSettings Sizer quot when it opens but it writes it apparently Windows 7 - How to keep the size of the preview pane when closing and re-opening Explorer? correctly when you manual resize the pane and the value isn't change before manual action even when explorer Windows 7 - How to keep the size of the preview pane when closing and re-opening Explorer? opens and display preview pane in a different size And the last thing when you open explorer activate preview pane resize preview pane deactivate it close explorer open explorer again activate preview pane the size is the good one preserved from previous explorer window So question is does someone know a way to fix this really annonying bug I can't activate the preview pane in default profile for my domain users if there is this bug Thanks for your help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/569509ae-a37a-441f-8cc3-95d5231b171b/windows-7-how-to-keep-the-size-of-the-preview-pane-when-closing-and-reopening-explorer?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 55.04%

We are preparing to roll out IE to about desktops nbsp We have determined which modes Document Modes or Enterprise Modes in a couple of cases Compatability View each application needs to be run in and added the appropriate settings to a central Enterprise Mode Site List EMSL XML file nbsp For historical reasons there are various settings in the Group Policy delivered from Active Directory and in the HTML tags of application pages thart specify various modes Going forward we are looking for a way to conclusively identify where the settings for a page have come from nbsp From experimentation we have found that if you open the F developer tools and open the console then go to the navigation tab click start recording refresh 11 of Enterprise/Document do was a tell I the where 7 How Explorer set page Internet - Windows the Mode on the page then click stop recording then in the console If the mode was set by the Doctype tag of the page it will state in the console output that the page targets a particular mode If the mode is set using Group Policy then it will state in the console output that the mode was set by Group Policy If the mode is set using a meta X-UA tag in the page see http sbjoomla org uk IE withdoctypeandmode html then there will be no mention in Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 - How do I tell where the the Enterprise/Document Mode of a page was set the console output If the mode is set using the EMSL XML file then there will be no mention in the console output We have been Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 - How do I tell where the the Enterprise/Document Mode of a page was set advised by Microsoft support that the EMSL XML file should take precedence over all other settings Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 - How do I tell where the the Enterprise/Document Mode of a page was set however our experience and comments from application vendors have given us doubts nbsp Our question therefore is how can we categorically tell whether the setting that puts a page in a particular mode in IE has come from the EMSL XML file Group Policy the Doctype tag or an meta X-UA tag Thanks Stephen -- Stephen Booth http sharepointbydummies blogspot com

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/183960fd-e7e9-4355-94c1-a426d09da8ed/internet-explorer-11-on-windows-7-how-do-i-tell-where-the-the-enterprisedocument-mode-of-a-page?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm running XP Sp2 and Explorer ver 7, Acrobat 6.06. Recently when I try to open a PDF file while in Explorer I get only a blank window and a icon in the left hand window "Done". I don't know what I"ve done but PDF files will not open for me. I must stay with Acrobat 7 at this time. It has been working for
about 1year just fine.

A:PDF files will not open in Explorer

Try this to troubleshoot.

The next time you have this problem, go back to the link you used to open the PDF. This time right-click the link and use Save Target As option and save it on your system (My Documents or whatever).

Try to open the saved PDF.

If you still have problems, uninstall Acrobat Reader and reinstall.

By the way, Acrobat Reader 9 is out, but make sure you uninstall older versions first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/pdf-files-will-not-open-in-explorer-282401.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have searched to see if this was asked before without any success. Maybe someone has run into this problem before.
When I open "my computer" or "control panel" after I close it...it automatically goes into Internet Explorer as a blank page. Most of the time, when I close the IE blank page...it stops responding and I have the control-alt-delete to "end the program"
Thanks in advance for any help.

A:closing "my computer" or "Control Panel" open internet explorer window

Possibly malware - anything openning ie on its own raises an alarm in my books. Post a HJT log to the malware removal section of the forum and let the experts take a look at it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-my-computer-or-control-panel-open-internet-explorer-window.658783/
Relevancy 54.61%

I've just installed 8 on my Dell OptiPlex 380 at the office and I've noticed that randomly, file explorer windows will close on their own - even when I'm not actively working with them. The same goes for file copy/move operations.

I first thought it might be that the external hard drive was losing connection but now I've noticed it when working with local drives and when browsing my documents folder. No error at all - the window simply disappears. If the it's a copy process, the file will be partially copied so it's definitely ending the process and not just hiding it.

For the record, this existed from the first second I installed it, before I even installed any software.

This is especially annoying when moving files, as they only get partially moved and end up being corrupted. Thank God for backing up. =)

Ideas of where I should go with this?

A:Windows keep closing when browsing files or copying/moving

That's odd, you can try hitting alt+Tab and see if the window is simply hidden.

Or, you can use Teracopy:

TeraCopy for Microsoft Windows - Code Sector

Try that, copy something, see if the windows vanishes with that as well. Something is stealing the Copy Process' Point of Focus.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30503-windows-keep-closing-when-browsing-files-copying-moving.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Bagle removed but explorer exe crashes after i close all open explorer exe windows sometime drwatson exe crshes too Explorer exe crshes when closing all windows on a regular basis it crashes always i had bagle but i removed i did closing after crashes explorer.exe a removed all windows regular on Bagle basis but not post in other forums this new issue i am adding hijackthis log i also have a online kaspersky log i am adding it here too after the hijackthis log thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Bagle removed but explorer.exe crashes after closing all windows on a regular basis WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Programmi WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c programmi file comuni mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA FILECO mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Programmi McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Programmi McAfee Bagle removed but explorer.exe crashes after closing all windows on a regular basis MSK MskSrver exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System PAStiSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Programmi Creative Mixer CTSVolFE exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Programmi File comuni InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Programmi Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Programmi Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Programmi Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Programmi Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Programmi Babylon Babylon-Pro Babylon exe C Programmi Dell QuickSet Quickset exe C Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Programmi iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Programmi File comuni Real Update OB realsched exe C Programmi Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Programmi iGv Discador iG exe C Programmi DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Programmi Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA iGv sysbrand exe C Programmi Free Download Manager fdm exe C Programmi Curse CurseClient exe C Programmi Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Programmi SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Programmi Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Programmi PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Programmi WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Programmi Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Programmi iPod bin iPodService exe C Programmi PC Connectivity Solution NclBTHandler exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Programmi Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Programmi WinRAR WinRAR exe C Documents and Settings lorenzo Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http farejador ig com br ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http www google it ig dell hl it amp c it amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Softw... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bagle-removed-but-explorer-exe-crashes-after-closing-all-windows-on-a-regular-basis-246772.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have personal document files that I cannot open.  I get the following error message: "This file is unable to run because of missing or corrupted files.  Contact your computer manufacturer."  What do I need to do to correct this?  How in the world do I contact my manufacturer other than through HP Support?  My operating system is Windows 7.

A:opening corrupted document files in word - Windows

@Josie6? The issue might be buried within the document itself.  The document might be responding to an inconsistency (or incompatability) in the template used to control document features (Normal.dotm). Follow the suggestions in this Microsoft document on the subject:How to troubleshoot damaged documents in Word When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/opening-corrupted-document-files-in-word-Windows/td-p/5628465
Relevancy 54.18%

I love the Windows Explorer Document Tree View (I have windows xp) and I'm so lazy that it bothers me to switch to the view each time I open a new window. Is there a way to set the default view to open folders with the document tree showing?

I have tried switching it to the "classic" view, but that doesn't have the versatility of the full document tree. And, as another article has suggested, I added " /e" to my "My Documents" shortcut target, but that didn't help either.

Can you help me out?

Thanks.