Windows Support Forum

System Freezes - requires reset or power off

Q: System Freezes - requires reset or power off

I have been having problems with my system freezing - some programs may still run the system off or Freezes - System power requires reset clock will freeze but a sidebar gadget showing the time in scotland will show the correct time my downloads may also continue System Freezes - requires reset or power off and when i have to do a hard reset the raid may have to be rebuilt It seemed to be random but i noticed that most of the freezes were occurring when i was installing programs and to a lesser extent when i was trying to control the computer with realvnc at first i thought it was a hard drive problem i had a stripe raid as the system drive or the cables connecting them i swapped cables i thought maybe i had faulty cables and a crash had broken system files as my raid was a stripe i reformatted everything and configured the raid stripe to a raid mirror and reinstalled everything - still crashing i removed drive - drive would crash removed drive and drive would crash so i don't believe my problem is hardware I have found a program that almost crashes my system - videoinspector exe when i try to install it the first window is okay select language i choose english and click next then then my system crashes explorer i can write this in firefox but i can't click on the start button or the taskbar if i cancel the installation i can then use the taskbar this may just be a rogue program but it is a problem that i can reproduce and i have have full freezes installing programs - last night a j river media player install froze completely occasionally realvnc crashes to both screens are completely black and i have to power down - these may be related let me know if i have provided too much information or not enough i hope you can help - i like the system but i crave reliability - i have raids in my system - two raid and mirror - i also have a drive for backups a total of drives - i don't like the system freezing and having to rebuild my raids all the time obviously it is time consuming but more importantly my data is at risk thank you for reading this and i hope you can help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: System Freezes - requires reset or power off

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: System Freezes - requires reset or power off

Quote: Originally Posted by ethereal9

I have been having problems with my system freezing - some programs may still run (the system clock will freeze but a sidebar gadget showing the time in scotland will show the correct time, my downloads may also continue and when i have to do a hard reset? the raid may have to be rebuilt).

It seemed to be random but i noticed that most of the freezes were occurring when i was installing programs and to a lesser extent when i was trying to control the computer with realvnc.

at first i thought it was a hard drive problem (i had a stripe raid as the system drive) or the cables connecting them. (i swapped cables).

i thought maybe i had faulty cables and a crash had broken system files as my raid was a stripe.

i reformatted everything and configured the raid stripe to a raid mirror and reinstalled everything - still crashing.

i removed drive 0 - drive 1 would crash. removed drive 1 and drive 0 would crash.

so i don't believe my problem is hardware

I have found a program that almost crashes my system - videoinspector223.exe

when i try to install it the first window is okay (select language), i choose english and click next then then my system crashes (explorer?). i can write this in firefox but i can't click on the start button or the taskbar. if i cancel the installation i can then use the taskbar. (this may just be a rogue program but it is a problem that i can reproduce and i have have full freezes installing programs - last night a j river media player install froze completely.

occasionally realvnc crashes to both screens are completely black and i have to power down - these may be related.

let me know if i have provided too much information or not enough

i hope you can help - i like the system but i crave reliability - i have 3 raids in my system - two raid 5 and 1 mirror - i also have a drive for backups (a total of 9 drives) - i don't like the system freezing and having to rebuild my raids all the time (obviously it is time consuming but more importantly my data is at risk)

thank you for reading this and i hope you can help

Hi and welcome

can you type event viewer in search. go to the windows logs>application tab. Look for errors (red in left column) that relate to app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem. when you find them note the Event ID and course codes. relay them to use

Thanks

Kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/42090-system-freezes-requires-reset-power-off.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello im quite new to this forum so please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp reset. Computer freezes, hard requires

A:Computer freezes, requires hard reset.

Bumping for reply!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-requires-hard-reset.962745/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days I have a dell xps with water cooling the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs I have a dual boot setup with - gig hard drives Vista Ulti and Win Pro I have a qx extreme chip and gtx video cards gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card Drivers were all updated reset 7 Windows ro 64 hard requires Freezes Everything was running pretty good after the inital install a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW vista does the same thing occassionally After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem Then the freezes became more often And can happen at anytime sitting at desktop gaming or surfing internet My descent setup is now crap Currently I used driver sweeper Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset and removed the nvidia display drivers and am now running windows display driver WDDMV and these didnt fix it either Any help would be appreciated Thx

A:Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset

Quote: Originally Posted by Serbsniper

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days. I have a dell 730 xps with water cooling, the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs. I have a dual boot setup with 2-500 gig hard drives, Vista 32 Ulti and Win 7 Pro 64. I have a qx9650 extreme chip and 2 gtx 280 video cards, 8 gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card. Drivers were all updated. Everything was running pretty good after the inital install, a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW, vista 32 does the same thing, occassionally. After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board, this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech, they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem. Then the freezes became more often. And can happen at anytime, sitting at desktop, gaming or surfing internet. My descent setup is now crap. Currently I used driver sweeper 2.1.0 and removed the nvidia display drivers, and am now running windows display driver 8.15.11.8593 5/14/09 WDDMV 1.1 and these didnt fix it either. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Hi and welcome

We are going to need a ton more info before we can be of much use to you.

First thing we want to do is look in event viewer. Next time you freeze type eventvwr in search. goto the windows log>application tab. You want to look for errors ( they have red "X" in the left hand column). when you find them and you will, use the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search) to make screenshot and upload it using the attadchment icon( shaped like a paperclip) on the reply form

See Pics
Let us know if you need help with that

ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/45204-windows-7-ro-64-freezes-requires-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Originally I thought my issue was game or even driver specific but I ran into it again on a different game today so I figured I should ask on here So here goes My issue is that my computer will randomly freeze sometimes while playing games and its usually in locations that aren't really graphics intensive The three places it's happened so far are World of Warcraft multiple times several of those in the same area Arma only once and now Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta twice in the same area I originally Computer - Hard Sound Requires Freezes Continues Reset - thought it was just an issue with World of Warcraft but then it happened on Arma and after a while it stopped happening altogether Just today I tried the Division Open Beta and it happened again I can still hear sound just Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset fine which in and of itself isnt that strange a sound file could be really long and just continue to play while the computer is frozen but I can still hear people talking over VOIP too however unlike other similar issues that I've read about I cannot interact with the program at all Clicking pushing buttons etc do not produce any new sounds and the people on VOIP cannot hear me talking to them I cannot alt-tab ctrl alt del or really do anything I have to hard reboot What drives me insane is that no errors show up in Event Viewer or even in WhoCrashed so I have no idea what is causing it I have an Antec W PSU so I dont think it's a lack of power I've read around and didnt see anything that helped and the few threads I saw that were similar didn't sound like my issue Here's what Ive tried -Updating graphics drivers clean installation-Ccleaner-Checking Event Viewer nothing shows up there were event logs for Nvlddmkm crashes but the critical crashes produce no events except loss of power to the kernel when I hard reset -Turning off power save in the Ethernet adapter options-Benchmarking drives via Defraggler both turned up GOOD -Ran mdsched with passes returned no issues -Rolling back graphics driversIm running a GTX with GB RAM on an i k bit Windows I think the CPU has been factory overclocked from GHz to GHz since I get an error message saying overclocking failed whenever I hard reboot my computer Ive read people suggesting a mobo issue but really I'd like to see if there's anything else it could be since Im not really in a position to replace my mobo right now I can post dxdiag and msinfo reports if needed Thanks for your help

A:Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset

I should note that turning all the settings down from High (auto-detected) to Medium kept me from crashing in that area, and turning down one of the settings on WoW has kept me from crashing since too, but why are graphics causing my whole computer to freeze? Especially on a GTX 770?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606010/computer-freezes-sound-continues-requires-hard-reset/
Relevancy 76.97%

I quot upgraded quot power Freezes Requires Windows and 7 off to Wndows as I was re-formatting and figured it was a good idea at the time It has been no fun at all up to Windows 7 Freezes and Requires power off this point At first I noticed that if I left the machine on overnight with files and or browsers open when I came back in the morning it will have restarted sometime during the night and will be sitting on the log in screen I didn't worry too much about it but now it has decided to just freeze up First everything becomes un-clickable and then the cursor freezes up Ctrl-Alt-Dlt doesn't work so the only way to get out of it is to push and hold power and reboot that way I have read TONS of threads on here and other forums about this issue and I have done a great many of the suggested fixes such as - Switched to high performance power scheme - Updated Windows - Updated all drivers - Uninstalled Zone Alarm and replaced it with Kapersky - Forced the LAN to never go to sleep I checked the event log after one of the freezes and found multiple occurrences of the error that refers to SChannel Event i d - This happens even when I have no browser windows open - I am using Firefox - I have restored back to the earliest point but the machine hasn't really EVER been so there kind of is no good point to restore back to I was about to format and reload using bit version this time when I read that people had reinstalled and still had the problem I will provide more system info tomorrow providing I can keep the machine running long enough Thanks Mike

A:Windows 7 Freezes and Requires power off

Welcome!

Maybe a repair install will take care of the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71057-windows-7-freezes-requires-power-off.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Friends I hope you can Requires Freezes Boot and System Warm suggest a remedy for me to fix my computer It freezes after a short period but only when I am using Napster via the Internet or when I play a audio CD System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot I have a Soyo P x Dragon System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot Ultra AGP Pro PCI Motherboard w GHz w G RAM OS XP Pro v SP I have been using this computer since April and never have experienced this issue before When I review the Event Logs nothing's there except the infamous quot ESENT quot messages I have not upgraded to SP because I am waiting for the SP kinks to be worked out My network is not using SUS servers so all ESENT is going directly to Microsoft I have been seeing postings at other sites related to ESENT that reference unexplained freezes and reboots Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try or do you need additional info It's after pm here but I will be back tomorrow to work on this again Any support is greatly appreciated -SV

A:System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot

I have not received any comments regarding my original support request. Am I the only one to have this computer freeze occur? Part of me feels the problem is the sharing of bandwidth by the new WindowsUpdate monitoring. The other part feels it might be my sound card which is built in on the mother board. Any ideas, Any one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-freezes-and-requires-warm-boot-36467.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Just had a random pc reset during a game of League of Legends. I've also been getting freezes when the PC transitions into screensaver mode. There hasn't been any BSODs yet and I've had this issue before - PC freezing when the monitors go on standby and a ntoskrnl BSOD

I still have the fixes in action from that thread. Not sure what I should try next. Posting my dxdiag alongside this. Thanks in advance.

DxDiag.txt

A:Random reset and system freezes during screensaver

My first suggestion would be check your GPU temps (use SpeedFan), check your GPU fan and heatsink to make sure they're clean and moving freely, verify the card is firmly in the slot along with its power cord. And reinstall your graphics card (Download the driver from nVidia and before installing check "Perform clean install"). When you say reset are you saying it restarts, the screen turns off but their is still hard drive activity, screen turns off and no hard drive activity, or the entire system turns off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299030-random-reset-system-freezes-during-screensaver.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Trying to help my girlfriend recover her computer. She must have accidentally set the Admin/Power on password and doesn't remember it. I've tried a few recovery entries that I've found from other posts by searching the web, but none of them have worked. If the password entry fails three times I get a "System Disabled/82148628" message. Any help would be wonderful.

A:Administrator or Power On Password recovery/reset (System Di...

Hi, Enter: 33820208

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Administrator-or-Power-On-Password-recovery-reset-System/td-p/5741428
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,I have a HP Envy 17 laptop, it was bought with Windows 8, I updated it to Windows 10 last year.Due to progressing issues, I factory reset it, taking me back to Windows 8.After the reset (which ran smoothly), it requires me to input a new product key. I was not aware that I'd have to puchase a new one.I've attached a printscreen of the system window which states that my window is not activated.And this below is a screenshot of the details in Windows ActivationWhat can I do now? I cannot get hold of the original product key on the box.Any help will be much appreciated.

A:Windows 8 requires activation key after factory reset

I would advice you uninstall the window10 or you reset to factory setting lf you don't get activation key.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-8-requires-activation-key-after-factory-reset/td-p/5615534
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi as stated in the title I'm having awful trouble maintaining a stable internet connection It freezes regularly the windows network diagnostic which only runs when not frozen otherwise fix frequently, connection reset hard requires to Internet drops just sits on a looping progress bar when network issue occurs says quot Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings quot I switched from Chrome to Firefox thinking that might be the problem but the issue persists I don't believe I'm doing anything particularly network-intensive so I'm at a loss I don't think it's the router as other wireless devices work fine I'm connected through LAN via tplink homeplugs to an EE Brightbox router using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller if any of that helps I'd read that it may be something to do with router MTU settings or automatically assigning a DNS to the PC but I'm unsure how to change these settings I'll paste any relevant settings if anyone can advise me what commands to run Edit Also running AVG antivirus which I understand can cause problems

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62379-internet-connection-drops-frequently-requires-hard-reset-fix.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Starting a new thread for a previous issue because the problems in the title of my original thread are no longer ongoing - but I'll copy paste my original post here as well just for the sake of completeness Trying to help a young friend proxy continual reset Chrome Google of manual settings requires 'fix' her laptop She knows it's old but it's all she has Google Chrome requires continual manual reset of proxy settings so I'd like to do the best I can It's a second-hand computer for her and I don't think she really knows what some of the programs are She had installed a bunch of toolbars which I've removed with Revo Uninstaller whenever I could find entries for them and some trial programs that were supposed to speed up the computer I have made a backup of her data but as far as she's concerned the computer can be wiped clean - there's nothing installed that she can't reinstall again if she needs to I would be a very happy camper if she had an installation disc Vista -bit home premium but she doesn't so turning to you is my best option Both Firefox and Chrome started out with recurring problems with the proxy server refusing connections I can go into settings and tell the programs NOT to use a proxy server and this is mostly working now particularly with FF Chrome still resets itself to proxy every so often when I reopen the browser FF's homepage keeps resetting itself to mywebsearch com Chrome's used to but one of my many attempted interventions apparently worked in that browser and nothing I do has been able to change that Even more annoying is the fact that out of the blue I'll suddenly get - new tabs opening up www lpcloudbox com asking me to 'please install the new video player' For each of those tabs a corresponding tab opens with the message Reported Web Forgery This web page at www lpmxp com has been reported as a web forgery and has been blocked based on your security preferences This doesn't happen when I click on a link or anything the tabs just open up as I'm scrolling down a page cnn bleeping computer - sites that I don't have any problems with when using my own computer This morning I was finally able to download install run Spybot S amp D on this laptop It found more toolbars than I knew existed and I elected to have it 'fix' the problems it found Spybot S amp D ran again after a reboot still showing problems but I didn't see where I could click to fix those Right now the only one of the original problems seems to be that Google Chrome still keeps resetting itself to use a proxy server This happens not only every time I restart Chrome but even every time I open a new tab Based on what I've found online it sounds like this is likely a result of some kind of infection so following is my current DDS log Thank you for any help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E FW avast Antivirus Disabled F FC -F D- D E- A E- DA C EAF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system ... Read more

A:Google Chrome requires continual manual reset of proxy settings

In case it's of any relevance, the two items that Spybot S&D is unable to fix are:

Delta.Toolbar
(SBI $ACF354C8) Program directory
C:\ProgramData\BrowserProtect\
and
Win32.BitGuard
(SBI $93F166B5) Program directory
C:\ProgramData\BitGuard\

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537837/google-chrome-requires-continual-manual-reset-of-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey I just got a new computer about a week ago and Ive notice that its been having this weird problem Its happened about once or twice a day the last couple Kernel System Freezes, Error Power of days I will be surfing the web or listening to music on itunes System Freezes, Kernel Power Error and the system will freeze completly to the point where I have to hold the power button down to turn off the machine On startup I get the screen where it says quot windows did not shut down properly quot When I log back in and open the event viewer it shows the same error everytime quot Kernel-Power Event ID Task Category I changed my power plan from balanced to high performance thinking it was a power issue I also read through this thread SOLVED Kernel-Power error - Tech Support Forum and I noticed that I also have audio drivers and I disabled one of them But I still encountered the same problem again System Freezes, Kernel Power Error later If anyone could be of some help that would be great My computer is a HPE- f Here are the exact specs of the machine HP Pavilion Elite HPE- f Desktop PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care United States - English Im not overclocking anything and everything on my machine is stock If you need anymore information feel free to let me know because I am new to this site

A:System Freezes, Kernel Power Error

Well Im pretty sure Im getting the Kernel-Power error is because Im having to hold down the power button to shut down the computer and it doesnt shut down completly.

But this still doesnt change the fact that my system keeps freezing to the point where I have to press the power button to shut it off. What can I check to see what would be causing this freezing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194433-system-freezes-kernel-power-error.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a hp pavilion dv6 notebook running windows 7 home premium x64

specs: intel i7 processor [email protected] GHz
6Gb DDR3 ram
640GB WD SATA HDD(5400rpm

the events in the event viewer just before event 41 are

event ID1: system watchdog timer triggered
and the file system filters 'trufos' and 'gzflt' are registered and added to the file system manager(event ID6)

event viewer log:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-08-02T13:09:24.448022700Z

EventRecordID 89339

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer SCORPIONKING-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

I previously used to get the BSOD but that stopped and this started
I have attached the latest minidump files
Please help me figure this out

A:Kernel-Power Event ID 41, system freezes unexpectedly

Hi

The BSOD are caused due to Direct X... try reinstalling it ..... also once you have done it .... reinstall the graphics drivers as well with a clean install....

But... it would be nice if you follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and post the rest of the files.

it would help us narrow the actual problem... if the above doesnt work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244215-kernel-power-event-id-41-system-freezes-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 56.33%

a couple of problems with keyboardit frezzes incl start buttonwhen i press key '' i need with shift i get 'blank and have to press a 2nd time to get it.to get a single ' i have to press twice to get '' and delete one space to get the desired result 'i dont have a pound button.isnt there a an app  that can reset the keys?thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/keyboard-freezes-and-quot-requires-2-taps-to-come-up/td-p/5783331
Relevancy 56.33%

a couple of problems with keyboardit frezzes incl start buttonwhen i press key '' i need with shift i get 'blank and have to press a 2nd time to get it.to get a single ' i have to press twice to get '' and delete one space to get the desired result 'i dont have a pound button.isnt there a an app  that can reset the keys?thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-freezes-and-quot-requires-2-taps-to-come-up/td-p/5783331
Relevancy 56.33%

I got a series problem with my Sony Vaio laptop. Its still under warranty. I approached 2 service centers but the problem still not resolved. When I browse for half n hour or if i watch any movie for half n hour, then system hangs and screen turns black with power being ON. Need to force restart using power button. After switching ON, i get the follwing message:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 16393.

I have uploaded the ZIP file (SF_Diagnostic_Tool).

Please help me with this issue.

A:System freezes, need to force restart using power button - BlueScreen

Welcome

All your dumps are blaming nvlddmkm.sys

BSOD Analyze

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8004232010, fffff8800fa7333c, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+7b333c )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8006852010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800fa3f33c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.
Their drivers are fairly old, so I'd suggest you to go and download the latest drivers from the manufacturers website.

Code:
2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f28c000 fffff880`0fefdf80 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Feb 18 23:53:00 2011 (4D5EB1FC)
CheckSum: 00C8109E
ImageSize: 00C71F80
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Source nvlddmkm.sys nVidia Video drivers
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Download and install Speccy to monitor your system specially the cards temperature. If it generates a lot of heat you have to arrange extra cooling.
Download Speccy 1.17.340 - FileHippo.com

If there is dust accumulated within the machine get it cleaned carefully.

Warning
If you are unsure how to do this, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: as it can void your warranty!!!

Then run furmark to stress test the card.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

You may also go through this thread for ideas.
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Keep us update and post dumps if you get more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250749-system-freezes-need-force-restart-using-power-button-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Ive been having my computer crash for about a week now It does this at random times here is the hjt log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved Freezes requires Computer Randomlly and restart at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Computer Randomlly Freezes and requires restart program files steam steam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Intel IDU IDUServ exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Crap on Desktop Aim Remixed HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - F D - D - E B-E AE- A B B BCB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run ipTray exe quot C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe quot minimize O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - C Program Files GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - C Program Files GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall-beta trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft ... Read more

A:Computer Randomlly Freezes and requires restart

Instructions here still apply:
http://forums.techguy.org/security/371117-system-little-slower-than-normal.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomlly-freezes-and-requires-restart.428496/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have had this problem for a while now and it requires me to hold down the power button and restart my computer There seems to be no time limit my computer is not overheating or being overworked It has happened while i have been just browsing the internet or when I am playing games I am stumped on what to do I want to make sure it is not something software side before I go doing anything with replacing hardware When it freezes all sound just stops and I can not move my mouse What ever my screen was showing Freezes requires restart) (no Random and sound a second before the freeze is what it stays showing It seems to happen alot when i hit fullscreen or unfullscreen a youtube video or Twitch tv stream I have tried waiting it out but it stays that way for hours I will admit to having torrented before My Rig Motherboard ASRock Extreme R CPU AMD FX- Black Edition GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR PSU Coolmax VL W Cooling Rosewill RCX-Z

A:Random Freezes (no sound and requires restart)

Freezing can be difficult to troubleshoot as it doesn't give us much information about the cause.Driver Verifier might force a BSOD which will produce a dump file for me to analyse. What is Driver Verifier?Driver Verifier monitors Windows kernel-mode drivers, graphics drivers, and even 3rd party drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. Driver Verifier can subject the Windows drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior.Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be causing the issues at hand, enabling Driver Verifier will help us see which specific driver is causing the problem.Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore pointWindows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"How to enable Driver Verifier:Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"3. Check the following boxes -- Special Pool- Pool Tracking- Force IRQL Checking- Deadlock Detection- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8/8.1)- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8/8.1)- Miscellaneous Checks4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.7. Click on Finish.8. Restart.Important information regarding Driver Verifier:- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD. To expand on this a bit more for the interested, specifically what Driver Verifier actually does is it looks for any driver making illegal function calls, causing memory leaks, etc. When and/if this happens, system corruption occurs if allowed to continue. When Driver Verifier is enabled per my instructions above, it is monitoring all 3rd party drivers (as we have it set that way) and when it catches a driver attempting to do this, it will quickly flag that driver as being a troublemaker, and bring down the system safely before any corruption can occur.- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will detect it in violation almost straight away, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.If this happens, do not panic, do the following:- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.- Once in Safe Mode - Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes. Restart and boot into normal Windows.If your OS became corrupt or you cannot boot into Windows after disabling verifier via Safe Mode:- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.- Choose the restore point you created earlier.-- Note that Safe Mode for Windows 8/8.1 is a bit different, and you may need to try different methods: 5 Ways to Boot into Safe Mode in Windows 8 & Windows 8.1How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier. I will usually say whether or not I'd like for you to keep it enabled any longer.My system BSOD'd with Driver Verifier enabled, where can I find the crash dumps?- If you have the system set to generate Small Memory Dumps, they will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump.- If you have the system set to generate Kernel-Memory Dumps, it will be located in %systemroot%[B] and labeled [B]MEMORY.DMP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548028/random-freezes-no-sound-and-requires-restart/
Relevancy 55.9%

When I let my computer run unattended, usually but not always, it will freeze and I must manually shut it down and reboot. Often the laptop feels very warm as if it is locked in a infinite computing cycle. On two occasions, out of the blue, I have seen flashing lines and a frozen screen requiring manual shut down. The word and excel icons have been replaced with generic icons but work normally. Spinrite finds no hard drive problems and several antiviral programs detect no viruses.

Occasionally, when I must manually reboot, the cursor hangs in the upper left corner and the computer is totally unresponsive to any command including manual shut down. However, if I close and open the lid, windows start up is initiated.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

John

A:computer freezes and requires hard boot

check your memory and be sure to remove any dust inside your laptop to increase airflow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-and-requires-hard-boot.906417/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

My PC (custom rig - 2 yrs old) has had this same issue regardless of the operating system (Win 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - currently 7) where it will randomly freeze completely. From here I have to force restart by holding down the power button for about 6 or so seconds only to find myself doing this up to a dozen times per day.

Specs:
GPU - Nvidia GTX 760
RAM - Corsair 8GB
HDD - 2TB (currently booting off of this)
SSD - 120GB
MB - ASRock Extreme6
CPU - Intel i7 3770k
PSU - 750W (?)

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127686-pc-freezes-completely-requires-force-restart.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So, if my system is working fine on the power supply and I disconnect it to run on battery, this works fine... but when I plug the laptop back in, the system locks up. Any ideas?

A:Dell M1710 Laptop - System Freezes Applying External Power

same happens there. Dell studio 13 with Windows 7 64 bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/3266-dell-m1710-laptop-system-freezes-applying-external-power.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok so I am going to try to explain this as thorougly as possible while trying not to sound like an idiot in requires Screen reboot randomly, hard Freezes the process Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot I am by no means computer savvy so anyone that has any advice will more than likely need to talk to me like a Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot th grader I am ok with Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot that Since installing a Windows Update about a month ago my screen will randomly lock up At times it will clear itself after a couple of seconds and state something to the effect that quot display driver amd has stopped working and recovered quot Other times it will stay frozen for about minutes and then will start functioning properly again More often than not though it will stay frozen indefinitely and require a hard reboot This happens during mundane activities No extreme gaming going on Generally it is while just browsing the net It tends to happen more often to my wife who uses it during the day to work through a VPN I don't believe there is any correlation though I have read multiple forums on the web and have tried several things from cleaning the registry to uninstalling the driver software and reinstalling it in safe mode The latter seemed to work last night but today my wife started having the same issue again I am attaching the file from the SF Diagnostic tool but it said I didn't have any dumps to log I'm sorry if that makes a suggestion more difficult Thank you in advance for any and all help I can get Brandon

A:Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot

See if you can get to the DMP's this way....

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229295-screen-freezes-randomly-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I have been getting random freezes ever since I installed windows 7 starter... I had no problems before when this PC was running windows 7 trial version. When it happens my PC becomes unresponsive and whatever audio is played is looped(at a certain frequency) which is very annoying.. The only thing that functions is the CD/DVD drive. I have been trying to search for solutions but whatever solution I try from people with the same problem as me doesnt work. Please help me I don't know much about computers..

Edit: Also I can't seem to recreate this freezing thing. but most of the time it happens when I'm playing games... Although it sometimes happens even when I'm just browsing.

PS: Sorry for my english, im not american btw haha

A:My computer randomly freezes requires manual restart...

AFAIK...Windows 7 Starter is an OEM version already installed in a system.

Please explain what you did when you "installed" it, where you obtained the Win Starter version from, etc.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558961/my-computer-randomly-freezes-requires-manual-restart/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I am on my computer usually about once a day my computer and screen will freeze, and I will need to hard restart my PC. I'm not getting a BSOD or anything.

PC Specs:
i7 2600k
GTX 680
8GB RAM
60GB SSD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850M PSU

A:Screen and Computer Freezes Requires Hard Restart

Check your temp readings in Bios. Also clean your tower out with a can of compressed air. Also Check your Hard drive to see if it is failing.

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-and-computer-freezes-requires-hard-restart-654449.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I just joined this forum and could not find this problem addressed.
I have Windows 7 Home Premium and since July approx when Windows did a bunch of updates, my computer tries to shutdown, but it just "hangs" and says "shutting down" with that pretty blue screen.
I give it 3 to 4 minutes then I hold the power button to force it.  Is this hard on my computer?
 Any suggestions of where to start to fix it? 
I use MalwareBytes and Avast AV and no viruses, etc are found.  

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594418/shutdown-hangs-requires-power-off-button/
Relevancy 55.04%

Okay so my friend wants to upgrade his video card in his desktop computer Well he picked out one that is supposedly compatible with his motherboard requires New video power connectors? card, 2 and when asked I told him to hold off ordering it because I wasn t sure if his power supply would handle it and since I haven t New video card, requires 2 power connectors? bought any cards from the manufacturer I wanted another opinion The card is a DIAMOND PE GXOC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E His power supply is a ENERMAX ELT AWT which IS watts as stated is required for the card but I m not sure if it has -pin connectors and if they are indeed watts like the specifications for the card state His motherboard is a Gigabyte model GA- P-S and it does have a PCI x slot and although only version as far as I know should run the card unless I am mistaken so no problems there nbsp

A:New video card, requires 2 power connectors?

Hi pyro,
pcie 2.0 cards are indeed backwards compatible with pcie v1.0, so your good there. i looked up the psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817194043&Tpk=ENERMAX ELT500AWT and it shows that it comes with 2-6+2 pcie power connectors. these connectors are standardized and will provide 75w each as needed. The enermax unit provides 48A along two 12v rails, and that is sufficient amp rating for the 4890.
happy upgrading!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-requires-2-power-connectors.132636/
Relevancy 55.04%

I don't know how to wake my PC up without pressing power button. There's nothing wrong with doing it this way, it's just inconvenient. Can it wake on key press?

A:Waking from sleep requires power button (8.1)

Originally Posted by CaptainAhab

I don't know how to wake my PC up without pressing power button. There's nothing wrong with doing it this way, it's just inconvenient. Can it wake on key press?

Devices - Allow or Prevent to Wake Up Computer - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42944-waking-sleep-requires-power-button-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I have a toshiba notebook satellite and I am trying to burn a DVD and/or CD to a external DVDRW drive.
Everytime I try I get the following alert:
Power on, reset or bus device reset occurred
I have an WIN XP SP2 Professional, and using Roxio and/or Nero for burning.

A:Power on, reset or bus device reset occurred

does it happen with both burning programs??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-on-reset-or-bus-device-reset-occurred.455037/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been having an issue with my computer starting up When I turn it on in the morning it freezes at the Vista splash screen so I am forced to manually shut down the computer Then to multiple startup on normally requires and Computer start freezes boot-ups I turn it on again and it brings up the start windows normally or safe mode screen Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally I ve tried going on both options safe mode works without freezing and start windows Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally normally Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally doesn t because it loads until the splash screen and freezes again making me manually turn it off again The second time it freezes and I shut it down and turn it on again it brings up the start up repair screen I have to run the start up repair otherwise it will just keep freezing and I can t use the computer Once the repair ends it says that there are zero errors I am then able to start windows normally and this process only happens the very first time I try to turn the computer on that day I have tried to just keep the computer on I have tried to put it into sleep mode etc but the computer just ends up freezing again I have tried starting it without things like the mouse printer speakers etc plugged in only the keyboard plugged in but it still doesn t work I have also tried to uninstall recent software but that still doesn t work I have searched with my antivirus and no viruses were found This problem has been going on for over a week now I ve researched possibilities but have found nothing helpful If you know what could be causing this problem please let me know Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Lancaster Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-on-startup-and-requires-multiple-boot-ups-to-start-normally.1082024/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guyz,

I am working on the task to take Admin Privileges form the development users in our company. Now there is a problem that some of the applications require the Admin privileges when they need to be installed on the system. And Development people need to install/uninstall these softwares in their daily routine. I have tested that the power user is also not able to install these applications and it requires admin privileges to install these kinds of applications.

Can anyone help me how I can specify a program/or applications to be installed without providing the admin privileges or any other solution for this problem so that I should not be giving the Admin privileges to the developers and at the same time they can install/uninstall those applications.

Plz help me in this regard.

A:How to Run Applications which requires Admin Priviliges for Power Users

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-run-applications-which-requires-admin-priviliges-for-power-users.713512/
Relevancy 54.18%

So recently I've been this problem with my computer. It's always at a random time, it doesn't necessarily seem to have a specific pattern, but it always seems to happen when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. It could be connected, or it could happen at random, I'm not sure. Basically the computer completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being played endlessly. It NEVER crashes, and I do not ever receive a BSOD. I have tested, waiting over 15 minutes for it to do anything, it simply sits there and remains locked up and frozen until I hard restart my computer.

I have absolutely no idea what's causing this, as I've never had an issue with my computer like this, especially something that doesn't produce atleast an error or BSOD of some kind, so it's rather puzzling.

A:Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart

Hi and welcome to TSF please try either updating or reinstalling your sound and video drivers and let us know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-with-audio-loop-stutter-requires-hard-restart-701862.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I ordered this computer from CyberPower I ve listed the relevant specs below I ve read Freezes Locks, Logs, 7 BSOD Reboot, No & No Requires Event Windows a lot of other people having similar issues but there doesn t seem to be any concrete answers My computer randomly freezes and locks up requiring a hard reset to continue The everything Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD except the mouse freezes and then eventually the mouse will too The HDD light is inactive Event Viewer shows nothing except quot The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected quot This seems to happen at completely random intervals It usually happens when I m Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD browsing the web or watching a streaming video netflix but it has also happened while loading a program or not doing anything at all There have been only a couple consistencies It has never done this while playing a game I play Starcraft II and Battlefield While trying Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD to reinstall BF it has locked up the past times I ve tried to install the game I have reinstalled Windows Installed current drivers Run Memtest with no fails Run Intel s diagnosis software on the SSD with not issues I m assuming this is a hardware problem What further troubleshooting can I do to narrow down the suspects Thanks for the help While writing this post the computer crashed but this was different as I received the BSOD The following event log occurred at boot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x efb x d x xfffff eeb A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id I don t know if that is relevant or not Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -BitMotherboard CrossFireX GigaByte GA- A-D AMD Socket AM ATX Mainboard w On Off Charge Audio GbLAN USB SATA-III RAID Gen PCIe X PCIe X amp PCICPU AMD FX- GHz Eight-Core AM CPU MB L Cache amp Turbo Core TechnologyVideo Card AMD Radeon HD GB GDDR X PCIe Video CardMemory GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance Power Supply Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold Plus Power Supply Gold OS Hard Drive GB Intel SSD SeriesData Hard Drive including Users amp ProgramData folders TB SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDDOptical Drive LG UH LS K X Blu-Ray Player amp DVDRW Combo DriveLCD Monitor quot Widescreen x Asus VS H-P LCDCooling Fan Asetek LC Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Advanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA

A:Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD

How many passes did you allow Memtest to complete?I see that you've provided your setup, but please provide a Speccy snapshot for additional needed information.Use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration.Download, install, and run.After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot.In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.A web address will be displayed. Click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post. Include your computer's manufacturer and model number, as well.=========================================

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439002/windows-7-freezes-locks-requires-reboot-no-event-logs-no-bsod/
Relevancy 54.18%

Starting a few days ago When ever i booted my PC after about 3-5 minutes on it would freeze. After hard reboot I would either get BSOD or the monitor wouldn't work. I've ran a full scan with both avast and malwarebytes and I'm not infected. I'm running memtest now, 6 passes and no errors.

Memtest finished 7 passes not 1 error.. restarted system was fine til earlier when i got home.. turned on PC and few mins in it froze again. had to hard reboot a few times didn't get any BSOD this time.

A:Computer freezes multiply times on start up, requires hard reboot

still need help :l

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239672-computer-freezes-multiply-times-start-up-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello i have a HP G60-447Cl notebook that came with Vista Home Premium and I ran a hard drive test from the HP setup utility which failed at 82% which i was kind of expecting but when i hit <esc> to back out my screen froze where it was at and when i tried to hold the power/reset button to shut it down nothing happens.My battery is non-removable so that option is out. Short of just lettting the battery run out I have no clue how to turn it off. Does any one know of any thing that can help me or have a theory as to what caused this in the first place.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134650/power-reset-button-wont-power-motebook.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Dell desktop, 32 bit VISTA. Machine was on for several months. After a recent shutdown, can't get PC to boot. BIOS process stops at point where it requests entry of system password. Owner has never entered a Password and has no records showing what it might be. The DELL supplied reinstall DVD is not being seen in the boot process. F2 and F12 keys do not override this and do not open the BIOS. Is there another way to enter the BIOS? I'd like to avoid reflashing the BIOS. Is the CMOS on a 2007 DELL desktop likely to have some manual method of returning the BIOS to its default settings? I don't yet have access to a bootable CD for VISTA. Will a bootable CD get by the password screen? If not I believe resetting the CMOS may be the solution.

cdever

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283395-bios-requires-system-password.html
Relevancy 51.17%

It s time to have a small upgrade on my year system it served me very well and I rarely had any issues I m just looking system A old some requires upgrades year 6+ forward to get most out of it currently it has these components Motherboard Albatron KX Processor AMD Athlon XP MHz Videocard GeForce FX MB RAM x MB Power Supply Antec SL W The MoBo A 6+ year old system requires some upgrades has its integrated network adapter and sound card and I have no problem with either Unfortunately it does not support PCI-e cards I mainly use it to play games like WoW or Counter-strike with all the effects on lowest Its main function over the time devolved into just playing games as I work and watch DVDs mainly on my laptop I ve recently observed more problems in crowded instances when playing WoW and also I m looking forward to play a little more graphically advanced games not the most high-end ones though I think a system with a MHz CPU and GB with a decent - year old GPU should do fine However I m very low on budget - and I don t need additional component upgrades replacements such as a new soundcard and a network adapter therefore I m thinking perhaps I should keep my MoBo and CPU intact and just go for GPU and RAM upgrades Should I upgrade my GPU and RAM with a Radeon HD GB MB AGP around and a x GB DDR SDRAM around how much of a bottleneck will my CPU cause especially when playing a CPU dependent game like WoW How much would such an upgrade improve the current performance if any I just hope to play WoW at max Will my power supply be able to handle an Radeon HD which also requires W I also have a DVD-ROM and a CD-ROM connected to my system - I can ditch out either or both when not using if it will help any Will the GPU just not run at all or will it work on a lower rate and not use its full capacity Given my budget limitations what alternative upgrades would you recommend Is there a better balanced MoBo CPU GPU RAM PSU combination you can think of that may cost around - if a better upgrade is absolutely necessary I ve considered to purchase and overclock an Athlon XP to get around MHz processing capability but it seems like it may cost me another and I m not sure if it s worth it Finally my MoBo supports x GB yet in its manual it recommends only DDR GB RAMS at once and not all three at the same time Why is there such a limitation and what kind of performance issues would I have if I installed x GB Would I get GB a little less than GB or just GB What kind of a setup should use if I want more than GB from this MoBo Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help nbsp

A:A 6+ year old system requires some upgrades

Can I just say, I wouldn't be updating this old machine
I read all through your post and the dollar amounts, I was about to say get Ram, but thought ..no, you are better with a more modern machine with PCI-Express and Core 2 Duo at least.

Save up and sell your computer (completely) and get a new (or newer) computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-6-year-old-system-requires-some-upgrades.138268/
Relevancy 50.74%

History of issue: at boot up there was a message about hardware unplugged and we recently add a fan. I unplugged the new fan and wiped the computer and was able to login. Now every time I turn off the computer, it goes to system restore and requires me to wipe and restore the computer again.

Windows 7 64 bit
Acer desktop AM3420-UR20P

A:Every shut down requires an Acer system restore

Unfortunately in my opinion there are just to many variables at play here to give advice across a forum on the internet.

Someone else might disagree with me, but it's my opinion. I think you should take the PC to a reputable PC repair shop and ask them to take a look. This is not an easy fix scenario. More can go wrong than right in this situation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/every-shut-down-requires-an-acer-system-restore.1154461/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have an SSD where I installed the OS WIN from scratch Replacement ? 1,5TB-storage requires active disks. Systembackup system 2 of an updated Win which causes suddenly errors that couldn't be repaired infinite loop from repairing and refinding the same error Saturday I tried making a system-backup but I was 2 active system disks. Systembackup requires 1,5TB-storage ? requested for TB of storage Strange an SSD of max GB with max GB of software and 2 active system disks. Systembackup requires 1,5TB-storage ? OS Looking to the systeem-disks I saw I have active systemdisks in my PC F TB collection of photo's once used for OS Win XP and C GB Here the overview SSD with the OS on 2 active system disks. Systembackup requires 1,5TB-storage ? it Max GB with driveletter C When asking to create an system-backup the soft requested for a disk greater than TB and that is not possible Looking to the system I saw two active primar systemdisk the SSD as C Looking further I saw a boot-partition MB on C and a partition for 'restore' and another one with the OS GB HD TB assigned as F With easybcd I discovered next There is one entry in the Windows bootloader Default Windows Timeout seconds Boot Drive F Entry Name Windows BCD ID current Drive C Bootloader Path Windows system winload exe In the root of C I see C contains BOOTMGR and BOOTXN In the root of F I found a BOOT-folder Questions I have Can and may I desactivate disk F which in fact is NOT containing the OS How to tell the PC that it should not start from F as mentioned in the Windows loader with an imediate rotuing to C What is the meaning of the BOOT-map on F Any way thanks for reading this post

A:2 active system disks. Systembackup requires 1,5TB-storage ?

There should only be one Active partition. I suspect that during installation, Disk 1 was marked active so Windows install Boot Manager in disk 1 to boot from.

Temporarily disconnect disk 1 from your PC by disconnecting the power cable then try to boot. If it does not boot then you know for sure that your Windows is using the Active partition on disk 1 to boot from. If that is the case then you have to move the Boot Manager from Disk 1 to disk 0 then mark disk 1 Inactive.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/40121-2-active-system-disks-systembackup-requires-1-5tb-storage.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to use a smart card on Windows 7 and I am given the error that the card supplied requires drivers not present on this system even though I installed the right driver from Dell's website, and I tried reseating the card. Is it either the card,
the card reader, or the driver, or it not being enrolled properly?

I am from PMC; planetminecraft.com/member/dr__steve You should join! I changed my username to _The_Doktor

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/095fa31a-3604-4d69-b043-dec0d8d32e6b/card-supplied-requires-drivers-that-are-not-present-on-this-system?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.88%

hi when using macrium free to restore a system image that's older than a few weeks old windows demands the windows product activation key for activation which i haven't got because the OS is OEM and therefore has no sticker or any documentation containing the product key the vendor refuses point blank to supply the key i used to obtain the windows product key using the app quot windows key finder exe quot this no longer works the real problem is how can i restore if i haven't got the key to activate i could purchase a new key at GBP but need old system activation, image free macrium requires to do this for computers i was wondering if there is any safe software that can recover the encrypted key from within windows like the aforementioned app used to do perfectly well if there is no old macrium free system image requires activation, way of doing this how long is it before an archived system image needs to be activated when old macrium free system image requires activation, re-imaged because then just before this time is reached i could re-image it let it activate itself then re-image back to the external HDD where it could be re imaged back as and when needed until just before the time-scale of it needing activation is not passed i know i would have to keep repeating this time consuming process this is long winded both to apply and for anyone to trying to follow this post-sorry but as a matter of principle i dont want to purchase two windows product activation keys that i have already paid for when i purchased the computers new i know you are thinking that i could avoid all this by just creating a regular backup but the archived system images are not infected with malware and are stable i would be paranoid of creating a fresh system image that could be infected or that has somehow become unstable -i want to be able to restore from a guaranteed image that's good to go i am hoping there is a simple solution to this that doesn't need me to do the above time consuming processes OR without having to purchase product keys at considerable expense considerable to me i know i could send the re imaged computer back to the vendor FOC with whom i have an ongoing maintenance contract and they could activate it but this would mean being without the computer for days any advise would be most appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/74135-old-macrium-free-system-image-requires-activation.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi A Trojan: System reset considerably System slower after than trojan/reset. before couple of days ago System reset after Trojan: System considerably slower than before trojan/reset. I tried illegally downloading photoshop and now I've learned not to As soon as i clicked 'setup' my computer got overrrun with popups I tried fighting them manually for a while and while this felt like System reset after Trojan: System considerably slower than before trojan/reset. an epic battle some installationswere suddenly automatically occuring I shut off my computer and started it in safe mode and started using malwarebytes to go ahead and delete a lot of the virus First I was just dleting malware and eventually I noticed the same malware programs coming up So I googled How to specifically delete these the only one I can remember System reset after Trojan: System considerably slower than before trojan/reset. is ChinAd and soon after I could use my laptop a lot better However some malware just kept poppin back up and I was afraid of using my computer to fill in passwords and etc so I did a system reset I ran into a whole new set of problems After downloading chrome I decided to once again update my computer from windows to as it had been downgraded by the system reset This didn't work at first something with drive compression I got a Windows employee to mess around and the Windows udpate worked Then it didn't It stopped at After waiting for an entire night I decided to shut down my computer and it started installing -something updates They worked And then they didn't When starting up my computer something apparently went wrong with configuring them and windows started to revert all the updates Of course this went entirely as planned It didn't When starting up my computer all I could see was a black screen with a crusor I could however reach task manager and could use control alt delete I could also use safe mode After heavy googling I couldnt figure out what to do so I decided to just mess around with task manager because hey My computer was bleeped already Sadly i couldn't mess around for too long The first thing I did was delete an unknown process For some reason I like knowing what processes my computer runs which was called I believe getcurrentrollback As soon as I stopped that process my computer worked again It didn't Well I guess it kind of does but the Windows update still isnt working stuck at and my laptop is incredibly slow Right now I just want to focus on making my laptop fast again Some stuff I think you should know - I don't know bleep about computers Please talk to me like I am totally incompetent - I have a D disk where I basically put all of my games I have illegally downloaded games in there No virus scans showed anything in there Btw I assumed my entire computer was slow but until now it just seems to be my browser Chrome Running dark souls II goes nice and smooth There we go Now the stuff I was supposed to include Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Wolf administrator on WOLF-MSI - - Running from C Users Wolf Downloads Loaded Profiles Wolf Available Profiles Wolf Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvscpapisvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth devmonsrv exe MAGIX AG C Program Files x Common Files MAGIX Services Database bin FABS exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Micro-Sta... Read more

A:System reset after Trojan: System considerably slower than before trojan/reset.

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the Malware Removal forum and wait for help.Failure to post replies within 4 days will result in this thread being closed.

Hello WoLeFiE,
My name is mAL_rEm018, but feel free to call me mAL.  I will be helping you with your malware related problems.

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

Cobian BackupDriveImage XML

To make sure everything goes smoothly, I would like you to observe the following rules:
You must have Administrator rights, permissions for this computer.
Please reply to this thread.  Do not start another topic.
Perform all actions in the order given.
If you don't know, stop and ask!
DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
Don't attempt to install any new software (other than those I ask you to) until your computer is clean.
DO NOT post for help at any other forum.  Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
I advise you to print the instructions if possible, since your internet connection might not be available during some of the fixes.
Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear, therefore stick with this topic until I give you the "all clear".
While I review the log you have provided, please do the following..
Please rerun FRST as you did before, make sure to check the Addition.txt box before clicking Scan.  Once the scan is over, a window entitled "Addition.txt" will open.  Please post the contents of Addition.txt in your next reply.
-----------------------------------------In your next reply, I would like to see..
Addition.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616365/system-reset-after-trojan-system-considerably-slower-than-before-trojanreset/
Relevancy 49.45%

This has happened to me on many systems in the past with many different configurations Current configuration Windows XP SP updated to current but SP has not been applied Current Directx Current Catalyst Drivers AMD games after working Direct3d and requires reboot system some stops X ATI GB Ram Effectively the problem is that every so often on termination some programs will screw up Directx Typically Direct d functionality is all that is effected though sometimes even directdraw Direct3d stops working after some games and system requires reboot stops working A simple reboot will in all cases fix this problem until the next Direct3d stops working after some games and system requires reboot time however that is both sloppy and annoying What I want to know how to do is fix this without a reboot I m assuming that Directx needs to get reloaded or that some other system service needs to be restarted This is NOT a driver issue or if it is it is one that has been around on many systems for about a years and effects both ATI and nVidia chipsets throughout multiple generations of said cards This problem has been around for a long long time I ve asked about it from time to time to see if someone knew and most people knew nothing about it Anyone have an idea here nbsp

A:Direct3d stops working after some games and system requires reboot

Apply XP SP3... Check your hard drive for corrupted files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/direct3d-stops-working-after-some-games-and-system-requires-reboot.108025/
Relevancy 49.45%

Just Requires Reboot Hangs Hard System Panel Control as I finished getting my system installed my Control Panel started hanging When I try to open it I can do nothing on the sytem I can not even get to the Task Manager to end task I have to Hard Reboot Control Panel does open in Safe Mode I can not believe Vista is this unstable I have nothing but Microsoft Products installed Of course incompatibilities and embarassing for MS bugs abound it is very disheartening I think I have had to hard reboot this system more in the past weeks then in the last years on w k and xp The system is weeks old There are no prior versions to Control Panel Hangs System Requires Hard Reboot restore from I have tried refreshing licenses creating a new user Control Panel Hangs System Requires Hard Reboot rebuilding icon cache I have no idea what else to try I would very much like to not have to waste another week rebuilding my brand new Laptop Dell XPS I tried reinstalling from OS That did not work Said 'Checking Configuration' all night Any ideas would be appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/166913-control-panel-hangs-system-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 49.45%

A file on my portable hard drives says it requires system permission but when i give it system permission it still doesnt let me delete it, it bother me, ive scanned it with 3 virus programs and it's not a virus.

A:A file on my portable hard drives says it requires system permission

Have you tried right-clicking that file and choosing Take Ownership then afterwards, try to delete it? That's what I would do first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/191266-file-my-portable-hard-drives-says-requires-system-permission.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have searched and been unable to find the information Specs are HP G - DX GB RAM AMD Turion X bit Etc Upgrading from Vista Home Premium that was reset to factory specs operating requires system install boot update, no to Windows 7 BIOS in hopes of repairing quot local only quot issue on network Here's what is happening booted from Windows Ultimate burned ISO image on DVD RW followed the instructions on Windows 7 install requires BIOS update, no operating system to boot this site for a clean install Performed clean all on disk set a partition and followed the install instructions Expansion of Windows remained at for hours I understood there were known issues however I have retried to do another clean install but am unable to boot from DVD although everything is set to do so including resetting CMOS battery It has come to my attention that I am required to update my BIOS from f c to f to install W unfortunatly I have no idea how to do so now that I have no operating system on this HDD When trying to boot from DVD I am now getting the status of xc e Prior to this the system would boot and freeze when loading files now the system either promts with this message or will inform me bootmgr is missing or worse shut down I'm doing this all from my phone and am at a loss as to what the proper step would be to get on the right track or if I am SOL

A:Windows 7 install requires BIOS update, no operating system to boot

You should be able to find a DOS version of your BIOS and flash it from a bootable thumbdrive or disc.

Never mind. I thought I'd help you out by linking to the DOS flash utility but apparently there isn't one...

Hopefully someone will have a better solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/222359-windows-7-install-requires-bios-update-no-operating-system-boot.html
Relevancy 47.73%

If I leave my computer running every couple of weeks I return to find the message quot Operating system cannot be found quot I can recover by using the weeks. couple recover. Windows... Requires message found." cannot Happens "Operating be of every system Error FIXBOOT to repair disk and the FIXBOOT command I fear that one of these days the Error message "Operating system cannot be found." Happens every couple of weeks. Requires FIXBOOT to recover. Windows... repair will not work I am also concerned about what else may be happening if this is malicious I am running Windows XP Home on a Dell Dimension I have been told that it is probably a boot sector virus A co-worker told me to try Hijack This and post the log to a forum so here I am The log is posted below I would very appreciative for any help that could be offered Thank You Wayne PassonBurnsville MN Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Linksys Linksys Updater bin LinksysUpdater exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEc PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system java exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exeC Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exeC PROGRA DATACA FLashKsk exeC Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Creative ShareDLL Mediadet exeC Program Files Linksys Linksys EasyLink Advisor Linksys EasyLink Advisor exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OLFSNT EXEc PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http frontier my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search y... Read more

A:Error message "Operating system cannot be found." Happens every couple of weeks. Requires FIXBOOT to recover. Windows...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199875/error-message-operating-system-cannot-be-found-happens-every-couple-of-weeks-requires-fixboot-to-recover-windows-xp-home-on-dell-dimension-4550/
Relevancy 47.3%

My son took apart our computer. Trying to put it back together. Forgive me. I am a total novice when it comes to computers. I don't know what motherboard I have or basically anything else. Don't know if there are standard ways of hooking these wires up or not. Just wondering how to install the wires that say:
power sw
reset sw
power led
hdd led
About the only one I can figure out is the speaker wire. When sitting with the cpu in front of you the speaker wire goes in the top left set of pins.
Sorry I can't give you more help than this.
I really appreciate it. If no one knows, I appreciate ANY assistance at all. I appreciate you putting up with what might be a dumb question.
Thanks.

A:Power SW & Reset SW

Usually in the bottom right (if you are looking at it in the case, and the case is a tower) you will see a line of pins looking like this ::::::::::::::::: Also if you look closely (use reading glasses or a hand lens or a magnifying glass if you need) the pins should be labeled, it should be fairly obvious then which pins go where.

Try that first, and if you can't figure it out, then you need to do a few more things and post back:
1 - Is this a store brand computer? (dell, hp, compaq, gateway, ect) If so what model?
2 - If this isn't a store brand computer then look on the motherboard, there is a really high chance somewhere on it it says what brand and its model number.
3 - This is stretching it a bit (but may help if you can find motherboard brand but not model). Do you know if you have an AMD or Intel processor, and also the speed if you know that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-sw-reset-sw.56897/
Relevancy 47.3%

Code is 51908034

A:Power on reset

Alex. Check your other post. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Power-on-reset/td-p/5633900
Relevancy 47.3%

HI,

i think my PC is infected, sometimes it freezes completly and nothing works until i reset my PC.
and my pc is since a few days very slow.

can sombody lokk over the Logs of dds, gmer ... etc.

thank you

A:PC sometimes freezes, nothing works until Reset. i Think im Infected

Please run the following:Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.Run AdwCleaner and select DeleteOnce done it will ask to reboot, allow the rebootOn reboot a log will be produced, please attach the content of the log to your next replyNEXTRefer to the ComboFix User's Guide Download ComboFix from the following location:

Link

* IMPORTANT !!! Place ComboFix.exe on your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.
You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474330/pc-sometimes-freezes-nothing-works-until-reset-i-think-im-infected/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello
I have a Linksys WRT54G and I have a problem. I like to plug out my main power cabel from the power outlet when I go to bed and when I turn it back on in the morning and switch my computer on I need to reset my router so it can work (otherwise the internet icon has a yellow exclamation mark)
(also my router is connected to my computer via cabel)
I don't think that is normal. Why does the router stop working after losing power?
(it doesn't lose its settings but I need to reset it to fix it)
How can I fix this?
Thanks.

A:Router needs reset after power is off.

Quote: Originally Posted by headbuster

Hello
I have a Linksys WRT54G and I have a problem. I like to plug out my main power cabel from the power outlet when I go to bed and when I turn it back on in the morning and switch my computer on I need to reset my router so it can work (otherwise the internet icon has a yellow exclamation mark)
(also my router is connected to my computer via cabel)
I don't think that is normal. Why does the router stop working after losing power?
(it doesn't lose its settings but I need to reset it to fix it)
How can I fix this?
Thanks.

No Headbuster it is not normal, Most of the routers that I deal with do keep their settings when the power is removed and restored.

What might be happening is that the router has not completed it's startup routines and connecting to your ISP before your computer keeps asking for an IP.

I recommend that you plug in the router a few minutes before you turn your computer on and see if then your pc picks up an ip properly.

What you might be experiencing is hurrying the router when it is not ready.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172804-router-needs-reset-after-power-off.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi!  The 840 G3 appears to have a battery compartment that is secured by screws.  Sometimes there is a combination of keys that can be pressed that will simulate the function of a power reset (powering the laptop down, removing the battery, pressing the power button for a length of time to drain capacitors, replacing battery, and powering up) so that users don't have to remove the battery.  I've googled and found some key combinations for other HP products but can't find one for the 840 G3.  Does anyone know of one? Thanks!

A:How to power reset 840 G3 laptop

Hi, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome! I am not 100% sure if I understand you but I'll try to help. As mentioned by you and as confirmed by the product's manual, it comes with non-removable fixed battery. May be you want to perform hard reset to power off the computer >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NJQM8vJa9Q Why do you want to perform this you write about ? Is there some issues with Windows ? If so, have you tried restarting it (instead of Shut down) ?  Because in Windows 8/8.1/10 this process is by default different from what it was in Windows XP/Vista/7.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-power-reset-840-G3-laptop/td-p/5673601
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an HP Envy 15 Notebook PC
Serial # [Personal Information Removed]
Product: E1P05AV
Model # 15t-j100
How do we reset a Power on Password?
We enter an incorrect password three times and we do NOT get any codes, it just does a restart. If we do this again, it will go into recovery mode with Advance Options. But, does not allow us to reset the Power on Password.

A:Reset Power On Password

Please enter the incorrect password 3 times and reply to this post with an error code or the halt code, so I can reset the password for you Or Please click on the below shown link to reset the password by yourself using the error code or the halt codehttp://bios-pw.org/ Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,KNRK

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Reset-Power-On-Password/td-p/5681113
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello i have a weird problem every time i reset whether soft reset or hard reset my pc turns off with a clicking sound and reset at loss Power refuses to turn on again for around five minutes during which the PSU power button must be on Trying to turn the PC s power button on too soon causes the fans to turn on for a second before turning off again once Doing it again nets no result until around minutes have passed Everything else works perfectly The machine is built Power loss at reset with spare components i had stored safely which were never used before and are practically brand new mobo asrock g m-gs cpu intel core quad s ram gb ram Kingston Mhz DDR HyperX HDD Power loss at reset Hitachi Tb GPU ati radeon sapphire PSU LinQ P - W I m fairly sure i setup the jumpers and the case connectors right so i dont know what could be causing this Resetting the CMOS and running the mobo with default settings seems to make soft resets work for a while but it doesn t last Any ideas This machine is made of spare parts so i ll have to use it even if it s a cripple but it would be nice if there was a solution nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello. I need to reset my Power On Password. The number that comes up after 3 tries is 85524480.Thank you very much.Patrick

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I need to reset my power on password

Hi, Enter  30482406 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/I-need-to-reset-my-power-on-password/td-p/5776240
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,, Please helpMy boss appears laptop password on the bios , but forgot the password .how to reset the password without opening the CMOS battery.There may be a reset code? thanks

A:reset post power

@hokage07? When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times. Post any halt code. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/reset-post-power/td-p/5717735
Relevancy 46.87%

OK Guys i finally got the case and mother board i want but now i have a problem The power wire that connects to my mother board just Say s power and is not marked pos or neg and the board has pos and neg this is also true with the reset wire it just says reset no pos or Wiring and Reset Power neg and my led light wire is the same The power wires one is orange and one is white The reset wires are Blue and white So what I m asking is the dark or colored wire always the pos wire and the white one the neg or what How do i Power and Reset Wiring tell the difference Also thanks for all the help on which hard drives to use and which CPU is better just so all you guys that helped me on those post s i went with An AMD AThlon CPU and a Seagate Sata hard drive O yea and You guy s that said ECS mobo s were junk ill have to say you were right cuz i bought one and already had to take it back now i got a Ansu Thanks for all your help Just help me with this wire issue now plz LOL LOL nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

cant remember power on password to my new laptop, i suffered an illness last month almost died and now i cant remember a bunch of my passwords, some of my memory has been erased and i am one of those guys who could remember almost anything now i am lost, i was reading some of your forums and it appears that some how you guys can remove them if i have the correct info for you?  please help, thank you inadvance.

A:need to reset power on password

@baker133768? When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times. Post any code you receive. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/need-to-reset-power-on-password/td-p/5808228
Relevancy 46.87%

About a week ago now, turn on at won't reset all PC Power I came home and my clock was blinking and my PC I had left on was turned off a mild storm passed by Now my PC won t turn on anymore no fans no lights no sounds nothing Power reset now, PC won't turn on at all Things to note Yes I checked to make sure the PSU switch was on and plugged in I tried different outlets My PC was plugged into a power Power reset now, PC won't turn on at all strip during the quot storm quot not sure how much surge protection that provides No visible burn marks on my hardware I bought a new power supply because the PSU was my first suspect since it was pin and I needed a new a pin to fit my motherboard best anyways ---No luck with new PSU--- I figured it might be my front panel power switch so I tried bypassing it by using the reset button as the on off power sw I also tried touching the on off pins lightly with a screwdriver ---No luck--- I ve tried naked booting with just mobo cpu and video card I ve tried different computer power cords When I turn on my new PSU I can hear it begin a very soft hum like a capacitor charging or something so power is getting to the PSU I ve tried booting with both V V PSU settings I ve tried taking out RAM and reinserting Idk if this is relevant but my drive data cables are very old My computer is basically new new cpu new mobo new ram new PSU My best guess is that it has something to do with the front panel power switch Any ideas Please help Also I put up my PC specs in my profile let me know if you can t see them Thanks -Ethan nbsp

A:Power reset now, PC won't turn on at all

We just had a nice line of storms come through a few weeks ago.

I was extremely busy replacing motherboard and PSU combos on various customer computers, mind you after having fixed them, I STRONGLY recommended they buy a decent surge protector.

Turns out all but one were running straight out the wall.

I've come across one scenario where the motherboard survived a PSU failure, luckily for me that was mine about a month ago.

Generally a PSU fails, it takes the motherboard with it, if you have any other motherboard that will jive with your hardware, swap it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-reset-now-pc-wont-turn-on-at-all.161010/
Relevancy 46.87%

The code is 51908034

Relevancy 46.87%

My laptop was Laptop will atx tried up not have reset power working fine yesterday then we had a thunderstorm last night I was worried it might Laptop will not power up have tried atx reset get fried because of the storm so I shut it down and unplugged it This morning it would not power on It is a Gateway TA When I Laptop will not power up have tried atx reset plug in the AC adapter the battery light comes on It will not power on though I found something about doing an ATX reset Laptop will not power up have tried atx reset and I tried that What I did was unplugged everything including the battery held down the power button for secs then again for secs when I tried it a second time I then tried just plugging in the ac adapter and tried to power it on that didn t work so I tried plugging in the battery with no ac adapter and that did not work either I tried it both ways several times varing the amount of time I held down the power button It has been plugged in all day so I know the battery should be fully charged by now Can someone PLEASE help me I have a lot of financial info on there that I need to get OFF before we go visit family in a couple of days I have some stuff backed up to my Free Agent Go but not the updated stuff I need Can anyone help I would be SO grateful Thanks for reading Jen nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-not-power-up-have-tried-atx-reset.839190/
Relevancy 46.87%

The NB has usb ports on its right side I tried plugging in an external cd drive and got a red flagged box from the bottom task bar stating something about device drawing too much power usb no how - reset to NB100 power and that the supply would be stopped Since then the usb ports 'appear' dead Nothing I plug in is recognised by the NB It does say in the user manual that if an overload is detected the power to usb ports can be stopped However it does not say how to reset the ports ie power to them Both the card reader and usb port on the front left are still working I have tried updating BIOS NB100 no usb power - how to reset to the latest setting all bios settings to default using F at bootup and have even bought 'Device Driver' to ensure all drivers are up to date Can anyone help I'm sure there is a simple answer but just can't see it Ideally I would like to avoid having to reinstall XP as I don't have the disk and the hard drive doesn't appear to have an XP partition Help

A:NB100 no usb power - how to reset

Hi

In your case I would recommend removing the USB port /controller /hub from device manager.
Just simply go to device manager, expand the USB controller area and delete all the devices which are available in this area.

After new reboot, the system (Win XP in your case) should recognize the USB ports and the driver should be installed again.
Then reboot once again connect an USB device and check if this helps?

Just for info: the USB 2.0 ports provide 500mA? so in some cases the external USB device would not be detected when such device would need more than the usual 500mA. In such case such device should be connected to two USB ports using an Y USB cable or should use an external power source as some USB hubs do.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67560-NB100-no-usb-power-how-to-reset
Relevancy 46.87%

I have forgotten my hp laptop power on password and system disable code is58851457Plz help & thanks in advance

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 46.87%

I forgot power on password. Need helpgiven code after three tryCNU9256B6W

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Power on password reset

@Mateshiv? Enter   e9lo7qgpgd    ( 3rd character is a lower case L ) Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Power-on-password-reset/td-p/5700485
Relevancy 46.87%

I forgot my administrator password for BIOS. After 3 triesI get system disabled and the code is 51109054. This is a hpFolio 13 running Windows 8.1

A:To reset power on password

@dennmwangin? Enter   44861090

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/To-reset-power-on-password/td-p/5752299
Relevancy 46.87%

when i start my computer with the power adapter in i get a message saying can not determoin the power output of power adapter try reseting adapter. How do you reset a power adapter iv googled it and nothing. please help thanks sorry for bad spelling.

A:need to reset power adapter

i don't think you can reset a power adapter - i don't know of one - it will have the correct voltage on the plug or not
whats the make and model of the PC
are you able to use and have a mulitmeter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-reset-power-adapter.941546/
Relevancy 46.87%

I bought new motherboard P8P67 LE, swopped it with my oldone. Managed to plug everything back, but my Power botton wouldnt power the system up and wouldnt power it down. Actually it burned out, when I tried to force power it down. I replaced it, but it wouldnt work anyway. Only way I can power my system up is by holding Memory OK button on my motherboard. Everything works OK afterwards. Reset function still works on the button though. Any ideas what to do and what could be the problem? Thanks

A:Power/Reset button

You will have to look at a diagram of what each connector is for. They vary a lot and just because 2 particular connectors on one board are for power or reset doesn't mean that the same ones will be used on a different board. Though the polarity doesn't matter for the switches, you have to make sure it is right for LED's or they won't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-reset-button.1028745/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just installed an Asus P T mobo in an Antec with an i and I am having problems with the sw reset / power with Problem system panel connector power sw you know the thing with the power ground and reset ground that plugs into the case power reset wires If the case sits for a long length of time it won t power up I hit the power button and it doesn t do anything It s been doing this Problem with power / reset sw since the first power up after installation To fix the problem although temporarily I have to pull the system panel connector adapter out replug the reset wire the power wire and the led wire and plug the adapter back in Problem with power / reset sw Once I unplug it and refit all the wires it boots right up It doesn t happen in short intervals however I can shut the system down wait a few seconds and it ll power right back up Finally after I refit all the plugs on the system panel connector I have to change the boot order on my hard drives Don t know if this is related though nbsp

A:Problem with power / reset sw

Instead of unplugging the panel connectors from the motherboard, try switching the power off at the back of the power supply for a couple of minutes. Of course, the PC should be powered off at the time. Turn the switch on the PSU back on and see if it will start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-power-reset-sw.144472/
Relevancy 46.87%

i got hacked they changed my cmos or bios power on password now i can't turn my computer on can you help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/power-on-password-reset/td-p/5794549
Relevancy 46.87%

Please help me, how to reset password bios for HP 251-a115d. Thanks.

A:How to reset power on password

6 pins on pw+cmos 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 and 4 jumpered 2 and 5 jumpered can i reset from this pin?? if can how?? many thanks for your answered..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-reset-power-on-password/td-p/5762223
Relevancy 46.87%

Product # N9T28AV (X360 15 inch convertibles)How do you do a "Hard Power Reset" as the battery is not accessible?...on older HP laptops with access to the battery, you would remove power plug, remove battery, hold the power button in for 30 seconds. Reassemble.I can find other reset references to different types of convertible devices but not the N9T28AVIf this is posted in the wrong section, please move to the correct locationIn anticipationThank you

A:Hard power reset

I asked HP about this earlier today.   There is no current documentation that describes how to hard reset an x360 notebook.   I have no idea as to how long it wil take before the Hard reset document is updated. As soon as it happens I will let you know. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Hard-power-reset/td-p/5450011
Relevancy 46.87%

Are the power and reset switches -- the ones that connect to the system board -- on most computer enclosures simple momentary (make/break) buttons? I want to replace a "flakey" one on a computer, but I have not been able to locate any specification for these switches. Is there anything "fancy" about them?

A:Power and reset Switches

Nope, nothing fancy. Just a momentary switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-and-reset-switches.429084/
Relevancy 46.87%

I bought a used HP Envy 700-210xt from a guy who was selling it cheap because he couldnt fix it. I got it and it has a power on password protecting it. I tried to reset the Bios by removing the CMOS battery for about 45 min,  also tried to do a reset by holding down the Windows key and the B button down as instructed but it would just stay stuck on black screen. When I powered off and powered back up it would back to the Black screen with the blue power on password box. I even tried to jump the CMOS PW as I read online but that did not fix the issue either.

A:How to Reset a Power On password

Hi: If there is a clear P/W jumper (and it looks like there may be one on the motherboard because I see a picture of a couple tiny blue jumpers), see if this works... Shut down and unplug the PC. Move the clear P/W jumper one pin over.  From the pictures it looks like it can only be moved one way. Plug in and turn on the Pc.  The BIOS P/W should now be cleared. Shut down and unplug the PC. Move the clear P/W jumper back to its original position. Plug in and power on the PC. Done.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-Reset-a-Power-On-password/td-p/5819712
Relevancy 46.87%

My machine started about days ago tried reset a booting, few 7 freezes Win minutes factory after freezing about minutes after startup My son is more computer literate than I am so he helped me We tried system restore which made things better to begin with but then would start freezing again quickly Of course we tried to run all scans Avast McAfee and Malwarebytes Those that would run came up clean but the Win 7 freezes a few minutes after booting, tried factory reset some Win 7 freezes a few minutes after booting, tried factory reset just froze up even in safe mode Finally son did a factory reset which helped for a bit but not long Right now I can not get Task Manager to come up in Normal mode but it will in Safe mode Excel and Libre Office open but will freeze up faster the more speadsheets I open Excel goes away faster than Libre I have to do a hard shut down and reboot to get it to come back up I know I have probably forgotten some things but we need help desperately NO BSOD thankfully but may not matter I have loved this laptop Lenovo Z and I really can't afford a new one anytime soon Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389749-win-7-freezes-few-minutes-after-booting-tried-factory-reset.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hey everyone.. i installed windows 8 consumer preview x64 on my desktop yesterday.
the problem : when i turn on the desktop, it gets stuck at the boot logo.. so i have to force shut down or force reset/reboot.. and it boots up perfectly well this second time. this happens everytime i turn on the desktop.
i googled about the problem but didnt find any useful results. is there a way to fix this? an help would be appreciated.

my desktop config : amd athlon dual core x2, 2.5 ghz
3 gigs of ram, nvidia 9500gt graphics chip

A:Freezes at first boot, but boots normally on reboot/reset

Hi, welcome.

Please download and run CPU-Z then make screenshots of the SPD and Memory tabs. After, attach them here to a new post.

Probably a good idea to run the program in the Crashes And Debugging subforum, from the top most thread there. Attach what that thread asks for as well, please.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/5288-freezes-first-boot-but-boots-normally-reboot-reset.html
Relevancy 46.87%

After booting Win XP, if I click on an icon or open program it starts flashing gray/blue. Have to click on icon or program when it flashes blue to compute. Program does not respond after 2-4 clicks. Turn off icon only shows for 1 sec. then disappears.

A:How to reset Win XP that flashes icons/programs then freezes

Try System Restore.If all is well after doing that, you really need to get SP3 & then do Windows updates.Download XP SP3http://www.microsoft.com/download/e...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-reset-win-xp-that-flashes-iconsprograms-then-freezes/203403.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello im quite new to this forum so Computer freezes, reset hard requiring please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up Computer freezes, requiring hard reset nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on Computer freezes, requiring hard reset my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp

A:Computer freezes, requiring hard reset

Ive recently installed Speedfan, and am now noticing my GPU runs at 65C whilst no games are running... any tips on getting this down? (Not a laptop)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-requiring-hard-reset.156649/
Relevancy 46.44%

Greetings to all! I've got a HP 14-ac100nv laptop and forgot the power-on password..How can I retrieve it?  The halt code is 60241169. Thank you!

Solved!

View Solution.

A:HP 14-ac100nv power-on password reset

Hi: Restart the PC and enter this unlock code... 75129169

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-14-ac100nv-power-on-password-reset/td-p/5839952
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello! An HP 100B was given to me, however, I cannot get past the "Power On Password", in spite of removing the battery and jumpers. Is there any way to reset this password or do i have to toss this PC?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP 100B Power On Password- Cannot Reset!

Take a look at the last image you posted for me. I would move the jumper on the header from its current position to the  second set  from the top to see if it clears the password. Give it an arbitrary amount of time, say 5-10 seconds, return it to the original position and then check to see if that cleared the password.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-100B-Power-On-Password-Cannot-Reset/td-p/5474151
Relevancy 46.44%

So basically my computer has ceased to function on the latest windows update disk usage is occurring at all times leaving the computer inoperable and I've found that reverting it to factory settings and not updating fixes that Well the other night I clicked on update and shut down accidentally rather than sleep I immediately out factory power reset Windows during 10 went to factory reset it again and it finished and put me at the setup screen at that point my power went out Upon turning the computer back on it came up with the screen That shows the windows logo and has a loading circle let this quot load quot for about hours before shutting the damn thing off and rebooting It takes me back to the same Windows 10 power out during factory reset screen where I proceed to give it hours finally it takes me to a screen that says administrator and has another loading circle I have now been on this screen for an additional hours I have no Idea what to do at this point I have tried to reinstall windows from a DVD and from a USB Windows 10 power out during factory reset but for some reason it tells me to insert actual boot media I have tried multiple different win and Windows 10 power out during factory reset isos on dvds and usbs and none will work Any help would be greatly appreciated as I fear this os is slowly taking my sanity Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/47755-windows-10-power-out-during-factory-reset.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I had a virus or a bug on my comuter so I thought I would just factory reset it and would just get all my suff back over xc-603g ... and to factory reset power tried out went time because I tried to factory reset xc-603g and power went out ... won't lose much But while it was reintalling windows my power went out and when i turned it back on it would go tried to factory reset xc-603g and power went out ... throuh the booting process with ACER on the screen the just black for nbsp two days strait Then I tried to Google a way to fix it and it told me to hit Shift and F to get to a menu and change a setting from to Sorry I actually don't remember what thing I changed Now nbsp I can't find what web site I went to and when I turn my computer on it tried to factory reset xc-603g and power went out ... boots up through the nbsp two ACER screens then a screen that says donlowded pops up for a second or two then it restarts and it dose it all again Thats the story behind it and I was woundering if a new copy of windows would work or is my hard drive to messed up and I need a new one nbsp or any other advise anyone has would be helpfull nbsp Thank you for your time AJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/tried-to-factory-reset-xc-603g-and-power-went-out-during/td-p/458120
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi.
Due to my inspiron15 Dell laptop running extremely slow, I did a factory reset to original factory settings. It worked fine and the laptop came with Windows 8. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 using the free one still available from Microsoft for people who use disability functions (my mum uses magnifications). However, when turning on it gets stuck on the Dell Logo page with no bar underneath. I have attempted another factory restore as I have managed to get it to run automatic repair but it says that the partition has changed and there is no restore point to work from and won't let me continue.Can you please suggest what I may do to fix this problem?

A:Laptop won't power up and can't factory reset

Hello!  You can go here to download the restore media for your computer to USB or DVD and then restore your computer to factory settings.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19994082
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm installing a new motherboard to my computer and I cannot seem to get the power on button to work. The motherboard is receiving power but I can't turn it on. I'm not even sure what information you would need in order to help me out. Anything you ask I can provide. I'm unsure of what case I have.

-Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a HP 2000 with the power on password, its lock code is 96731153, how can I reset it?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP 2000 power on password reset

Hi: Restart the PC and enter this unlock code... 29699195  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-2000-power-on-password-reset/td-p/5832937
Relevancy 46.44%

I NEED BIOS RESET CODE Error code Is                                                                  77001425.product is hp G42 series"415DX. IM Praying with higher power and in meditation .

Solved!
View Solution.

A:bios reset/power on disabled

@indianadaddy? Enter    68969401 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-reset-power-on-disabled/td-p/5676044
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

Yesterday we had a 3 second power failure and when my computer restarted, the desktop icons were taking foreverrrr to show up (usually my computer takes 30 secs to load up because I only have a few programs installed at the moment). So I forced shutdown using the button and then booted up again.

Now it won't get past the MOBO's post screen and I can't even use my keyboard to get into the startup or the bios. Every time I shut down my computer, when I go to turn it back on the same thing happens and the only way I can get it going again is to reset the jumpers.

I did research prior to asking for help, but it seemed that everyone had different issues. I've never heard of this one before. My only guess is the MOBO battery, but I highly doubt it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot!

A:Freezes at post screen. Need to reset jumpers EVERY restart

The cmos battery does not stop a post. You will get an error however the system will post.

I would put the system into a very basic state.
1 Open the case and pull the pw connector from ALL drives; hd and optical.
2 Disconnect any usb type device
3 Pull out any add-in cards such as sound, nic, etc. Leave in your video card
4 Remove all ram except one stick.

Now attempt a post. If it fails, shutdown and try a different ram chip.

If it still fails to post, you will need to swap parts with known good ones; ie power supply, motherboard, ram, etc to find the problem.

FWIW I just fixed a family member's system that suffered a power failure/surge. It was just the pw supply that went out [they were lucky]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezes-at-post-screen-need-to-reset-jumpers-every-restart.747277/
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows freezes without any warning signs, have to reset the system from there. Then I'm getting the message that Windows didn't shut down correctly. After normal start-up the pop up screen appears telling that an unexpected error occured (something like that), clicking on it shows the BSOD message.

At the moment 64bit version is installed. Also had a clean install of 32bit but the same problem occured.

It's a pre-installed OEM 7 home premium edition, but did several clean installs (because of the problems) with an original Family Pack 7 disc.

The system is being used as a Digital Audio Workstation in a recording studio so it would be great if someone can help me out with this.

If you need more information please let me know.

A:Random Freezes give BSOD notifications after reset

Both dumps read:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Hardware fault
X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_PRV
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
CPU stress test:

Prime95 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Free Software - GIMPS
Prime95 64-bit now available - Overclockers Forums

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [F:\a\Minidump\100310-23790-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`01e01000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0203ee50
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:14.930
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8008cbf038, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8008cbf038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`021846f0 fffff800`020bba89 : fffffa80`08cbf010 fffffa80`0796e040 fffff8a0`00000005 00000000`00000001 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`02184c10 fffff800`01f9d667 : fffffa80`08cbf010 fffff800`020165f8 fffffa80`0796e040 00000003`00000005 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`02184c40 fffff800`01f05c45 : fffff800`02078360 fffffa80`088b3828 fffffa80`088b3820 fffffa80`0796e040 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`02184c80 fffff800`01e7e961 : fffff880`010aae00 fffff800`01f05c20 fffffa80`0796e040 00000000`0000055a : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`02184cb0 fffff800`02115c06 : 5fac5fac`b7c4b7c4 fffffa80`0796e040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`0795a890 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`02184d40 fffff800`01e4fc26 : fffff880`020a4180 fffffa80`0796e040 fffff880`020af0c0 0df30df3`2b4c2b4c : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`02184d80 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`02185000 fffff880`0217f000 fffff880`0294b540 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/115442-random-freezes-give-bsod-notifications-after-reset.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My computer will freeze at random times when playing games like Halo 2, STALKER, Crysis, Far Cry 2, and Caesar 4. I don't think it is a heat problem since it will happen at random times and my dad's comp, which also has the same specs doesn't freeze. So I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out what is wrong. Specs are right here.

CPU: Core 2 Extreme QX6850
GPU: eVGA Nvidia 8800GT 512 Mb
RAM: 2Gb Corsair 800MHz
HDD: 500Gb SATA

A:Solved: PC freezes in game, requiring hard reset.

...and the make, model, and size of the power supply? (The most neglected, but most probable cause of your problem.)

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-freezes-in-game-requiring-hard-reset.774270/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have had this problem for months and now I am at the end of to causing permanently, me reset Computer freezes hard my tether Basically if I have to explain it this crash can happen any time any where Browsing the internet clicking an icon on the desktop playing a game watching a video or just leaving the computer sitting there It just stops instantly the clock stops all peripherals like my bluetooth dongle turn off however the screen doesnt loose its image itll just freeze on what it was on the power still functions and If I dont hard reset then It will sit there for hours doing nothing On rare occasions I get a blue screen very rare I dont know if its hardware or software Ive done RAM checks they all come out fine everythings upto date driver wise But this happened when I had vista installed now I have windows and its the same problem just alot more frequently at least once or twice a day or it wont Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset happen for days then out of nowhere bam computer crashes I used a program called everest to get Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset my computer specs but it got LOADS of info lines to be exact so I Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset dont know how Iam going to be able to tell you my specs as I cant put links in If I could Id place it in rapidshare rapidshare com files Report txt html nbsp

A:Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-permanently-causing-me-to-hard-reset.149502/
Relevancy 46.01%

Operating system Windows XP pro sp physical hard drives each with or partitions C st partition mainly used for program files although some important data is also located on that partition Mallware system corrupt, freezes, safe Mallware attack: freezes, etc poss XP file mode virus attack included the following - Multiple advert windows opening up - Various warnings about infections from AVG Free Quarantined most remainder needed restart Unfortunately I did not take note of the specific virus id s - Windows security warnings popped up although these got very confusing as malware virus was impersonating the Windows alerts and produced a duplicate security shield in the taskbar One warning indicating AVG as unauthorised virus software with option to remove I did ignore that one - Mallware virus installed some rogue malware virus Mallware attack: XP freezes, safe mode freezes, file system poss corrupt, etc software on the infected PC - I tried to perform root scan with unhackme but machine froze st time - On restart warning window pops up Google update not accessible On both options debug or close machine froze When totally ignoring the Google warning box Windows does appear to finish loading however when going to my computer the windows warning appears to the effect that on proceeding I will be accessing the system files On proceeding all files and folders including data amp program files appear to be system files and the machine freezes - Machine freezes on all actions as far as I know - Starting up in safe mode machine freezes - Starting up with last known safe configuration machine freezes Questions Can this machine be recovered without the need to a - reinstall Windows and of course all programs b - reformat any or all of the drives partitions Is the data recoverable very important including on C - as no external backups are available If data is damaged or unrecoverable would the use of a program like R-Studio save the day Machine is now switched off and will remain so untill I get a possible solution or instruction Regards Phil nbsp

A:Mallware attack: XP freezes, safe mode freezes, file system poss corrupt, etc

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mallware-attack-xp-freezes-safe-mode-freezes-file-system-poss-corrupt-etc.891647/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all For several months my PC has been frustratingly slow However I have dealt with it Now however times. freezes often Ocassionaly at start Clicking completely. all slow system on Computer freezes. when I click on quot start quot my PC will completely freeze not allowing me to access anything When closing programs the desktop slowly scrolls back onto the screen instead of instantly appearing I wish there was more details to share but there is none to my knowledge I have recently ran spybot S amp D and ran a virus scan but it has not helped I have followed the instructions on the preparation post and here is the data in the DDS log I am attaching the other log files as well Thanks for your help in advance I know you all do quality work as I have used this Computer slow at all times. Ocassionaly freezes. Clicking on start often freezes system completely. site in the past for a different PC ------------- DDS log file -----------------DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Computer slow at all times. Ocassionaly freezes. Clicking on start often freezes system completely. Run by Whitney at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exesvchost exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exeC Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise vstskmgr exeC Program Files Norton PC Checkup executables mrHealthy MrHealthy exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Documents and Settings Whitney Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exeC Documents and Settings Whitney Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXEC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings Whitney Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT... Read more

A:Computer slow at all times. Ocassionaly freezes. Clicking on start often freezes system completely.

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278943/computer-slow-at-all-times-ocassionaly-freezes-clicking-on-start-often-freezes-system-completely/
Relevancy 46.01%

This problem has been happening for a few months now. When I try to turn on my computer using the power button located on the front of the case, I hear the fan running but my monitor's status light is just blinking; nothing on the screen. At that point I press the hard reset button on the front of the case and then it boots up normally, with the BIOS screen and everything. This happens about 90% of the time; the other 10% it boots up fine. How can I make it so my PC boots up properly when I press the power button?

I know I shut down the PC every night by going to the Start menu and choosing shut down. Any help would be appreciated.

A:PC won't boot up with power button; reset needed

See that the connector for the Power Switch is plugged in properly to the M/B pins.

If possible, replace the Power Supply with a working one to verify if it's a faulty PSU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-boot-up-with-power-button-reset-needed.232750/