Windows Support Forum

BSOD and atikmdag.sys

Q: BSOD and atikmdag.sys

Hello everyone my first thread here and hope my last in this section but I have some problem that I cant solve myself since I know almost nothing about PCs I desperatelly need help with some BSODs I have being experiencing since almost when I bought this PC back at june with vista Intel Corse Quad GHz Gainward ATI Radeon x GB RAM Windows -bit No overclocking done Very often during games that by no way my pc should have any problem at least at the settings I am using I will get some strange little red squares all over the screen along with some strange sound and then BSOD will appear When I restart into safe mode everything will be fine but sometimes when I restart again in normal mode I will get another BSOD Also when I used to have vista the windows told me that quot ATI drivers have stopped working properly quot even though I had the latest version Now that I have win though windows will try to find a solution but nothing and BSOD atikmdag.sys will come up like I click on BSOD and atikmdag.sys the button quot find solution quot the loading bar will appear but then nothing And last thing finally is that for some reason CCC wont start and instead the message quot CCC Host BSOD and atikmdag.sys Application has stopped working quot will appear everytime I start my PC So that is pretty much all I have tried myself BSOD and atikmdag.sys many things like various versions of ATI drivers but no luck Any and I mean it help is welcome and if you need more info on my specs just ask I will probably spam F all the time untill someone answers PS about the DMP files when I open them with debugging tools the rst one is about a ntokrnl exe nt d b while the rest about atikmdag sys atikmdag a PPS also here is a driver scan DriverAgent com - THANOS-PC just in case an important driver is missing

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD and atikmdag.sys

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD and atikmdag.sys

When you installed Win 7 did you install the mobo drivers recommended by Dell that support Win 7?

Here's latest drivers for your vidcard: ATI Catalyst? Display Driver 7 - 64-Bit Edition

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/44720-bsod-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I hope anybody can help me....i already have the latest drivers but i still get BSOD's

A:BSOD caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x19C6D)

Msinfo32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter > Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post. Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

systeminfo:
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294019-bsod-caused-following-module-atikmdag-sys-atikmdag-0x19c6d.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I believe there may be more than one issue with my pc Recently I bought gb of new ram and an ssd I installed the ram BSOD points to atikmdag.sys 0x000000d1 bsod Random last ssd and a new install of Windows on the ssd all was going fine until randomly the pc would freeze up randomly reboot or get a bsod I figured it might be ram and tried memtest and windows memory diagnostic and it was freezing on hammering rows and locking up on windows memory diagnostic I removed the new ram and all seemed fine memory tests ran without issue so I figured bad ram until Random BSOD last bsod points to atikmdag.sys 0x000000d1 today when I randomly got a bsod for the above reason Other BSOD I have had have pointed towards Memory Management issues which I Random BSOD last bsod points to atikmdag.sys 0x000000d1 figured was down to the ram Any help would be greatly appreciated as Random BSOD last bsod points to atikmdag.sys 0x000000d1 I would like to nail down if the issues were linked and possible a motherboard issue or is it just a coincidence and a lot of bad luck Thank You Chris

A:Random BSOD last bsod points to atikmdag.sys 0x000000d1

It is pointing to the ATI Graphics drivers. Upgrade it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355613-random-bsod-last-bsod-points-atikmdag-sys-0x000000d1.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've tried formatting windows 8 and also tried installing drivers seperately for both cards. Nothing has worked so far for me. I am trying to run these cards in crossfire. Both are 7950. As soon as it gets to the part where it installs the display driver, the screen goes black the first time, shortly thereafter the screen goes black second time and suddenly I get a bsod with atikmdag.sys. I've attached my bsod log below. Thank You.

A:BSOD when installing AMD graphics driver atikmdag.sys BSOD

I have tried using display uninstaller, uninstalling amd install manager but none of these have worked so far. I have tried amd catalyst 14.4 and 14.9.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348822-bsod-when-installing-amd-graphics-driver-atikmdag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Laptop keeps getting a blue screen when working

Laptop Details

HP : 8510
O/S Vista
Memory 4gb

this happens twice a day get an error like

Error: Dumping Physical memory
ATIKMDAG.sys

think it MIGHt have something to do with the catalyst controller???

any ideas why it happesn?

A:BSOD - ATIKMDAG.sys

Yes I would agree it has something to do with the ati driver, maybe
try and reinstall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-atikmdag-sys-359885.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i only get this bsod (atikmdag.sys error) when i " keep rewinding/fowarding any online video a couple times " ( that's the only case that i get bsod) sometimes the display driver says it stopped working , and if i try 1 more time to rewind/forward the video the bsod happens ..

A:atikmdag.sys bsod

can anyone help me ? it's really annoying ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351067-atikmdag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all guys, I have had this problem with a BSOD. I find this very strange because I have the latest drivers i think. But it might be such that I didn't download the right file from amd, in that case please tell me what file i need to download.
I hope someone can help, my system specs:
windows 7 home premium 64-bit, ati radeon hd 5450, 8 gb drr3, AMD Athlon II x4 640 @3,0 ghz processor, and tell me iff u want to know anything more, i hope someone can help. The dumpfile is uploaded in the attachments.

Thanks!

A:Bsod, atikmdag.sys

Hello there mate, I'm not an helper or so, but I already have experienced that and it was because the drivers you currently are using. Somehow, catalyst 10.12 are causing BSOD's on some systems, specially on 64-bits. Try to remove your system drivers by using some software like Driver Sweeper and install 10.11 ones. Test and check if it continues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137795-bsod-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello i recently upgraded my motherboard M A -EM to GA- GM-UD H and RAM Trascend MB DDR x quot GB quot I made a fresh OS Install of atikmdag.sys bsod Windows RTM and installed the latest ATI drivers on my GPU MSI HD When im afk for some bsod atikmdag.sys unknown reason my computer get a BSOD from atikmag sys many times and i cant figure out I tested Kombustor for hours w o problems not OCed Tested memtest for hours w o errors Tested HD Tune Pro stability test for hours w o errors Tested AMD Overdrive stability test for Hours w o errors not OCed But still getting this BSOD problem in unknown times I use screens using the eyefinity technology in my older motherboard used the same ATI Catalyst drivers with AMD Overdrive Fan at speed w o any problems My PC specs bsod atikmdag.sys AMD Phenom II BE Gigabyte GA- GM-UD H Trascend Jm KLM- G x MSI Radeon HD MB ddr Samsung HD KJ GB Samsung HD SJ TB SO Windows x RTM Thermal Take TR W Antec

A:bsod atikmdag.sys

I love your handle! Please read this tutorial, follow the instructions and upload the files here. We will be glad to help you. Please don't use RapidShare. It is not rapid if one is not a member. It is a PITA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135290-bsod-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been getting random atikmdag.sys BSOD on my Win 7 computer, mostly when I boot up my computer. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

A:atikmdag.sys BSOD

This is typically caused by the wrong or corrupt display driver installed. In your case, the ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver.

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error
0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR:
Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+cc9c )

Code:
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path:
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name:
atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 15 20:13:26 2015 (55A70536)

CheckSum:
000B2165

ImageSize:
000A8000
Translations: 0000.04b0
0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Check to see if there's an update for your video drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380186-atikmdag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to help somebody with an older HP laptop that runs windows vista. I did a factory restore at which point I was greeted by a BSOD caused by atikmdag.sys. Does that mean the video card is bad? I tried to go into safe mode but it tells me that the factory restore process cannot be completed in safe mode, and just restarts. But when I try to boot up into normal mode the BSOD is displayed. any work around or solution? thanks

The factory restore will need to run until it completes - in normal mode.
However, if it is stalling at atikmdag.sys [display driver] then the factory restore files may be corrupted.
But as you say, it could be the video card.
Do they have the Vista install DVD - I ask the question but probably already know the answer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atikmdag-sys-bsod.1141821/
Relevancy 53.32%

Dear Support Team I am aware that there are a lot of topics around the WWW covering exactly this problem And trust me I already spent hours to Yet atikmdag.sys another BSOD... lookup solutions And I Yet another atikmdag.sys BSOD... tried a lot It's been a long time now that I need to create a case to get my problem fixed So I was searching for the right board and somehow I came up landing here - and hope you guys are able to help me out I have chosen this board as I noticed you Yet another atikmdag.sys BSOD... created nice tools to gather sysinfo automatically as you need Alright lets come to the problem summary When playing games the notebook reboots within a hidden BSOD I checked the dumps its related to atikmdag sys What have I done so far - Fresh OS Install to Windows including all Updates - Install of latest greatest ATI Driver including the manual EXPAND of atikmdag sy to atikmdag sys - BIOS Update And I still do not think that this is related to a HW issue Please help me out on this - you guys are my last chance to not lose my mind System Summary Computer Acer AS G CPU Intel Core i - QM Sandy Bridge-MB SV D MHz x MHz x Motherboard Acer JE HR Chipset Intel HM Cougar Point B Memory MBytes MHz - - - - MB PC DDR SDRAM - Elpida EBJ UE BFU -DJ-F - MB PC DDR SDRAM - Elpida EBJ UE BFU -DJ-F Graphics AMD Radeon HD M Acer ATI AMD Radeon HD M M MB DDR SDRAM Drive ST AS GB Serial ATA Gb s Drive PIONEER BD-ROM BDCTD RS BD-ROM Sound Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B Sound ATI AMD Juniper Broadway Granville - High Definition Audio Controller Network Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller L c Network Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter OS Microsoft Windows Professional x Build Download MINIDUMPS Download Minidump- - - - pm zip Download MEMORY DMP Download MEMORY zip Also attached the zip containing logs generated by your tool Cheers Nineteen comes out as Neunzehn in German

A:Yet another atikmdag.sys BSOD...

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!

Lot's of Windows Updates failures in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report. If the problems continue, please post over in the Windows Updates & Activation - Windows 8 Forums for further expert assistance with this issue.

Your UEFI/BIOS dates from 2012. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the UEFI/BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard. If possible, use the "inside Windows" flash mechanism (if your OEM provides one) - that is much more forgiving than the traditional (floppy drive) flash method.

What were the temps on the video card just prior to the BSOD? I see that HWInfo was running when the system crashed.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 19:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

Also, uninstall the AMD Audio Bus driver as it dates from 2012

Please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Beyond that, please run these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics Be sure to run all of the video diagnostics - as I suspect a video issue.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu Nov 13 08:28:18.344 2014 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\111314-25843-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17328.amd64fre.winblue_r3.140827-1500
System Uptime:0 days 0:43:08.107
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by :atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+799a9 )
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000094, fffff8018131f9a9, ffffd00021972d58, ffffd00021972560}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000094, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8018131f9a9, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: ffffd00021972d58, Exception Record Address
Arg4: ffffd00021972560, Context Record Address
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_atikmdag+799a9
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2000
CurrentSpeed: 1995
BIOS Version V1.21
BIOS Release Date 08/09/2012
Manufacturer Acer
Product Name AS7750G
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu Nov 13 07:44:40.955 2014 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\111314-24484-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17328.amd64fre.winblue_r3.140827-1500
System Uptime:0 days 0:28:12.718
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by :atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+799a9 )
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000094, fffff8014dabe9a9, ffffd000b0f72d58, ffffd000b0f72560}
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000094, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8014dabe9a9, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: ffffd000b0f72d58, Exception Record Address
Arg4: ffffd000b0f72560, Context Record Address
DEFAUL... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56984-yet-another-atikmdag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hy I'm having a problem with random BSOD some of which where Page Fault In Nonpaged Area memory access violation etc - I changed out all of my ram for another despite memtest showing various atikmdag.sys, various by BSOD, and other first now no errors after few day of testing each stick separately various BSOD, first by atikmdag.sys, and now various other started for few times after that I got the atikmdag sys as the fault tried various driver versions each time with a clean install of the drivers R Sapphire removed the graphics as the board has an internal and now another error various BSOD, first by atikmdag.sys, and now various other ocures I barely managed to get the BSOD report as per quot Blue Screen of Death BSOD Posting Instructions quot as the pc kept crashing in middle of that I managed to do that within SafeMode PC config various BSOD, first by atikmdag.sys, and now various other as this is not my primary PC that is in my account CPU - DualCore AMD Phenom II X MHz Mobo - Asus M N Pro Mobo onbord graphic card - nVIDIA GeForce was disabled while the R - was installed graphics card r - sapphire that is currently out of the system i have tried to up the NB and NB CPU voltage go gain some stability but to no success the system is not OC Please help me out here I'm getting desperate

A:various BSOD, first by atikmdag.sys, and now various other

Hello and welcome Milos mate can you just open Device Manager and see f any of the devices have yellow triangles on them. Start>Computer(right click on it > Manage > Device Manager please send a pic if there is.

It seems the memory is hard to be accessed by something but lets see what is in there first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398234-various-bsod-first-atikmdag-sys-now-various-other.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i used dm log collecter , and attach the file on the thread. Can u guys check it out and tell me what my pc's problem is ? im getting blue screen for no reason i just dont understand reason why

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383427-bsod-atikmdag-sys-help-pls.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I got blue screen quite sometimes in the past.

But now i got it this blue screen of atikmdag.sys every time when starting the windows. Now I can only access windows through safe mode and in normal mode by disabled the graphic cards.

I don't know if its because of my hardware or it just the driver version is too old. I did try to uninstall the driver and downloaded a new version from AMD website but it didn't work for me. I even reinstalled windows but it also no good as well.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem. Please give me some advice.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English since it's not my first language.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/393568-bsod-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hope I'm doing the right thing in starting another one of these threads instead of just tagging on to a pre-existing atikmdag thread.

multiple BSOD's, varying intervals. no triggering event that i can figure out. appreciate any help you can proivide
JSK-Wed_03_11_2015_160019_38.zip

A:atikmdag.sys BSOD's, HP AMD A8, Win 8.1

Hi okrgr & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver/function that caused the problem.
Let us see what was the exception that took place -

Code:
3: kd> !error c0000005
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 (3221225477) - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

So, according to the error, the ATI driver considered that the memory at the address is a string even though it was not. Strange, right? Well, that is why the system crashed. It might sound a little silly on the part of Operating System but well it is built to protect your data
Let's check the stack -

Code:
3: kd> knL
# Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
00 ffffd001`bdf2e360 ffffe001`fc66f080 atikmdag+0xc50ab
01 ffffd001`bdf2e368 ffffd001`bdf2e3a9 0xffffe001`fc66f080
02 ffffd001`bdf2e370 00000000`00a0f68d 0xffffd001`bdf2e3a9
03 ffffd001`bdf2e378 00000000`001dbf1b 0xa0f68d
04 ffffd001`bdf2e380 ffffe001`fdca6010 0x1dbf1b
05 ffffd001`bdf2e388 fffff801`16fd44cf 0xffffe001`fdca6010
06 ffffd001`bdf2e390 ffffe001`fc6794e0 atikmdag+0x1244cf
07 ffffd001`bdf2e398 00000000`00000002 0xffffe001`fc6794e0
08 ffffd001`bdf2e3a0 00000000`00000000 0x2

And there it is! The ATI driver is the one responsible for all the mess
It is always strongly recommended to use the Graphics drivers provided by the manufacturer since they contain special tweaks. Kindly download the Display Driver Uninstaller from this **LINK** and uninstall the currently installed ATI Driver. Once the driver has been uninstalled, please download the driver from this **LINK** and then install it and see if the problem is solved or not.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

Regards,
Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62891-atikmdag-sys-bsods-hp-amd-a8-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I get unregulary BSOD whil Browsing or gaming.

My Specs are:

CPU: Amd fx-4100 none OC
GPU: GIGABYTE HD 7870 2GB
Motherbiar: AsRock 970 Extrem 3
Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair CX500

thank you all.

A:BSOD atikmdag.sys

It's a STOP 0xA0000001.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A0000001, {5, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+2311c )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
It is an inherent crash coded in ATI display drivers.
Here it appears to be the driver is not the latest one.

Code:
fffff880`04860000 fffff880`05376000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Thu Dec 20 02:08:55 2012 (50D225DF)
CheckSum: 00AC6529
ImageSize: 00B16000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update your ATI/AMD display driver.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

Hopefully it will stop this BSOD.

Also, your ASUS PCE-N15 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card driver is failing here.

Code:
Name [00000012] ASUS PCE-N15 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtl8192ce.sys (1005.31.1222.2011, 855,60 KB (876.136 bytes), 08.03.2013 22:02)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fffff880`02fffa88 fffff880`0570352cUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rtl8192Ce.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtl8192Ce.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtl8192Ce.sys
rtl8192Ce+0x9452c
And it is also old.

Code:
fffff880`0566f000 fffff880`057de000 rtl8192Ce T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: rtl8192Ce.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rtl8192Ce.sys
Image name: rtl8192Ce.sys
Timestamp: Thu Dec 22 07:12:15 2011 (4EF28AF7)
CheckSum: 000DEE33
ImageSize: 0016F000
Update it from Asus's website.

Uninstall these bloatware ... those are often problematic.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ASRock Utility
Start Menu\Programs\ASRock Utility\AsrAppCharger
Start Menu\Programs\MSI Kombustor 2.5
Start Menu\Programs\MSI Afterburner
BTW, which antivirus you use?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282673-bsod-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

"Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has recovered"

That pops up very often on my screen, after the screens flashes in one color or the other for a few seconds.
Plus, I get a BSOD every now and then too.

Attachment 358451

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369199-bsod-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Let me just start off by saying I m not good at computers June th my computer bluescreened This happened while BSOD atikmdag.sys I was on youtube I did some Googling around and came to the conclusion it was probably flash player or my graphics card drivers I updated both and they are both up to date I had no problems up until today The last thing I did before it crashed was close a youtube video I don t know what to atikmdag.sys BSOD google for or what codes are useful so I got the program atikmdag.sys BSOD Whocrashed and I will copy paste the crash dumps I got and hope you guys can help me DMP files here https www mediafire com g avuy yri On Tue AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by atikmdag.sys BSOD the following module atikmdag sys atikmdag xC DBB Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF BBDBB xFFFFF A D xFFFFF A D Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M file path C WINDOWS system drivers atikmdag sys product ATI Radeon Family company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver Bug check description This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver atikmdag sys ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Google query Advanced Micro Devices Inc SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M On Tue AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C WINDOWS memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module atikmdag sys atikmdag xC DBB Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF BBDBB xFFFFF A D xFFFFF A D Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED file path C WINDOWS system drivers atikmdag sys product ATI Radeon Family company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver Bug check description This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver atikmdag sys ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Google query Advanced Micro Devices Inc SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED On Wed AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module atikmdag sys atikmdag xC DBB Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF A DBB xFFFFF A CD xFFFFF A CC Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M file path C WINDOWS system drivers atikmdag sys product ATI Radeon Family company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver Bug check description This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver atikmdag sys ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Google query Advanced Micro Devices Inc SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M I hope you guys can help me in any way as I don t want this to happen again in the future Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello people.
I ve been getting bsod for many months. Mainly while i browse facebook or 9gag or similar sites.
Also i have recently formatted my pc, with no results.
Thanks in advance for any help.

A:atikmdag.sys BSoD

Hi, can you update your graphics driver?

HTML Code:
Timestamp: Mon Aug 17 23:05:47 2009 (4A8A1A8B)
Let us know how the system is running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358945-atikmdag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey, just recently I've received a BSOD with the description as stated on the title. My graphics drivers have caused BSODs in the past, just wanted to know if this was anything specific/different in which there would be a different way of dealing with it. During the time of the BSODs, I wasn't doing anything that would put strain on the card itself, just general browsing.

Thanks in advance.

Attachment 346804

Just thought I'd bring it back up before the thread is pushed all the way down

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358728-atikmdag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I keep getting BSOD related to that specific sys file every time I've played some game. I believe it's Graphics card related, so I updated the drivers and it didn't help. Watching videos doesn't cause BSODs. I ran the debugging tool, but it didn't reveal any new information to me since I'm no programmer, so all those Hex strings are complete gibberish to me

Well anyway here is the minidump file from yesterday of the latest BSOD

Quote:
STOP 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Usual causes: Device driver

In looking through your driver, I can see that you are using Symantec Antivirus program. Third party security program are known for causing BSOD and this is not an exception. Please remove it for testing purpose.

If you need a program to use in the meantime, use Microsoft Essential Security, it's free and haven't known to be BSOD cause:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

Code:
BugCheck D1, {fffffa7fc721aac0, b, 0, fffff8800579d4fc}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+db4fc )

---------

.....I still recommend you to reinstall Ati driver. Remember to remove all trace of old driver first before installing new one.
Also, I would suggest you to enable Driver Verifier. Because the stop code D1 is usually device drivers as You can see in the quote above. Driver Verifier will flag bad drivers.
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

Regard,

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96216-bsod-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been having random BSOD's ever since I bought this laptop about a year ago First is the page fault in non paged area BSOD page_fault_in_non_paged_area BSOD, atikmdag.sys this one happens randomly no matter what I am doing and makes operating my system impossible forcing me to system restore to the original drivers that came when shipped This one happens very frequently after I update the graphics card to atikmdag.sys BSOD, page_fault_in_non_paged_area the latest ATI drivers Second is the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL this BSOD only happens when I'm browsing the internet or downloading this happens less often and is bareable This happens when I am running with the old ATI drivers I have tried everything I can think of beyond replacing hardware I have re-installed windows remounted and swapped the RAM remounted the gfx card and HDD for what its worth Also removed old drivers with driver sweeper before installing new ones and ran chkdsk and memtest overnight with no errors I am at a lost as to what to do I atikmdag.sys BSOD, page_fault_in_non_paged_area suspect its the RAM and ATI software conflicting or maybe bad RAM Any advice on how to fix would be greatly accepted Thanks

A:atikmdag.sys BSOD, page_fault_in_non_paged_area

Hi.

In this order,
Remove avast from your system.
Download,install and use the Microsoft security essentials with windows firewall.

Download and install the new version of Driver Sweeper.
Download the most recent software\driver for your ati AMD Graphics Drivers & Software.
Uninstall ati software\driver,restart in safe mode,run driver sweeper,choose only AMD-Display and clean,restart in normal mode.
Install the new ati software\driver,restart.
Update DirectX.
Read very carefully the instructions and run the video-card-test post here the results.

During the gpu stress\test have always in mind the temperatures!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200120-atikmdag-sys-bsod-page_fault_in_non_paged_area.html
Relevancy 52.89%

The problems occurs Only when i play Diablo 3. Often the game just freezes and i have to end it from Task Manager. Not so often i get the bsod cause of atimdag.sys. Any help?

A:bsod atikmdag.sys windows 7

this file is your display driver which makes sense if you had the crash while gaming, check that your drivers are up to date and if not, update them and see if it still happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372525-bsod-atikmdag-sys-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My computer BSODs whilst doing several things but at very random moments most frequently when watching YouTube videos or videos of any other kind also when doing things which use a lot of CPU power like editing a video with Adobe Premier Pro etc My computer can crash minutes after booting hour after booting hours after booting etc seemingly at random The following message comes up when my computer BSODs quot Technical information STOP x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF FCFDB xFFFFF E xFFFFF E A atikmdag sys - Address FFFFF FCFDB base at FFFFF DateStamp bca c quot I have uploaded the ZIP file generated by quot dm log collector exe quot as advised to this post System Spec CPU AMD A - K Radeon R Atikmdag.sys BSOD 0x0000007E Compute Cores C G Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A XM-E BIOS BIOS Date Ver Memory Total BSOD Atikmdag.sys 0x0000007E - GB Usable - GB HDD TOSHIBA DT ACA SATA Disk Device Sound Card AMD High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio Graphics Card AMD Radeon R Series OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396804-bsod-atikmdag-sys-0x0000007e.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi i am a new user of Sevenforums First of all i will make an apologize for my english I've read the instructions but maybe i missed something I have seen so much BSOD the last few weeks atikmdag sys x e It appears while i'm starting my computer or when i'm playing a games Sometimes my system looks stable but it never disappeard The 0X1000007e Atikmdag.sys BSOD specs of my computer Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU AMD Phenom II X C Callisto nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -EM AM C Graphics AL W x Hz MB ATI AMD Radeon HD Sapphire PCPartner C Storage GB SAMSUNG HD HJ ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S C ATA Device TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D B ATA Device I did some research the last days And in my opinion is the Ati driver of my videocard corrupted So i'd deinstalled windows and also all my drivers But when i'm starting my computer or playing a game again a BSOD Caused by driver atikmdag sys What to do A other problem is that sometimes after a BSOD my computerscreen turned BSOD 0X1000007e Atikmdag.sys into black After a couple reboots the light will turn green on my screen I searched on the internet but nothing helped I'm really a noob with computers

A:BSOD 0X1000007e Atikmdag.sys

i'd run Driver Verifier. And my computer were going crazy. Several BSOD's and it was hard to work on my computer. , so i'd turn off Driver Verifier. But there are some logs.

After the thing with Driver Verifier i'd run SF again. So here is my new log. And i will upload a photo of my screen during Driver Verifier was enabled on my computer.

I need your help. The BSOD every hour is really annoying.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317731-bsod-0x1000007e-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

yesterday and today i had 12 time bsod from the atikmdag.sys file. i followed Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and i have the zip file..any solution? i have my pc for work and i have a big problem right now

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384034-12-times-bsod-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an HP Pavilion g it was bought within the last months Lately I keep getting the BSOD often There are issues that cause the BSOD one is atikmdag sys and the second much less often is watchdog sys I have downloaded the latest version of atikmdag sys but even that does not help I have run driver scans to make sure all my drivers are up to date My system configuration and the BSOD files are attached I notice I got the first BSOD on Feb th after owning the computer about months and taking it over from a colleague at work I just don t remember what changes I made then that started the issues I have noticed that there are suggestions which say to unload the AMD Catalyst Center I dont think I have that but I have what is called the AMD watchdog.sys and BSOD atikmdag.sys Vision Engine Control Center V dated Feb My Atikmdag sys driver is dated Sep I have run and cleaned my registry with Paretologic and it shows up with no errors I also notice that the BSOD appears far more often at the office where I run the laptop with a second screen rather then when I take the laptop home and run it without a second screen although it also occurs atikmdag.sys and watchdog.sys BSOD then Also There is the possibility -- and I dont know how to measure it right at the moment of the BSOD that the computer crashes when CPU temperature exceeds degree C I use Piriform Speccy to monitor the computer and a couple of times I have noticed that the temp had risen to degrees and appeared to be rising when I walked away from my desk and it had crasehd when I returned If there is no simple easy fix I would like to replace the video card in the laptop any suggestions here I do mainly general office work on the computer with two screens laptop plus one more and I am a significant Adobe Photoshop user as well with large files Any suggestions help

A:atikmdag.sys and watchdog.sys BSOD

Please read and follow this: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216338-atikmdag-sys-watchdog-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I recently bought a new computer and it's been driving me nuts.... For the last couple of days I have been getting BSOD after BSOD . Most of them seem to be related to the video drivers, and other ones I can't really make out. I've uninstalled the video drivers(used to have the current version on the AMD site) and went to an older version, but still the BSOD's are happening.
I have put my most recent minidumps into this dropbox and I've also included the DxDiag.txt.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I have been banging my head against the wall trying to find out what to do about these BSODs. If I need to provide anymore info, please let me know.

Thank you,
Dani

A:Atikmdag.sys BSOD Windows 8.1

Take it back. You should be enjoying your new computer not grappling with blue screens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atikmdag-sys-bsod-windows-8-1.208135/
Relevancy 52.89%

occasionally when i'm on sites such as twitter, i get a bsod in windows 8.1 that is related to atikmdag.sys. i have tried to reinstall the driver and revert to an older version. any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated

A:atikmdag.sys bsod windows 8.1

follow this
download ccleaner from this link

Download ccsetup416 slim exe

install it only
donot run it
then download ccleaner enhancer from this link

Download CCEnhancer Multilanguage zip

run it
and press download latest
then run ccleaner now
now
in
cleaning tab
check all selection in windows and application tab
except the selection of wipe free space in windows tab
press cean now button in the right side
after that go to registery tab and press search for
then press fix all selected
then
download antimalwarebyte from this link

Download mbam setup 1012 exe

install it and run it then update it if it asked
then perform full scan to whole computer partitions from safe mode
and remove all threats

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/341822-atikmdag-sys-bsod-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So over the past few months my computer has BSOD every so often mainly when I am running something graphically heavy I've tried looking through as to atikmdag.sys atikmpag.sys BSOD whats causing the problem I believe it is atikmdag sys that is causing the problem but all the fixes i've applied nothing has fixed it I currently am running an older video driver and the problem happens less frequent but still happens It would be helpful if someone can BSOD atikmdag.sys atikmpag.sys shed some light on my problem I have attached the DM log Edit Since i'm pretty sure people are going to suggest updating to latest graphics driver I took the initiative to DDU and install latest driver Will Post if BSOD again But still would appreciate any insight from the DM logs if there are anything else Edit Still BSODs with latest video driver Memtest shows no problems with passes looked through my BSOD dumps BSOD atikmdag.sys atikmpag.sys and saw hal dll and ntoskrnl exe are causing some of the BSODs Any thing else I should try

Relevancy 52.89%

hi,

My laptop has been having the BSOD frequency for the past few weeks, I contact Dell and they replaced new VGA, main, HDD but it still happen again. Can you guys help me

system info:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
VGA:AMD FirePro M6100 FireGL V
OS:Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1

A:BSOD radom cause by atikmdag.sys

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800f31e12b, fffff880039ab228, fffff880039aaa80}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+c512b )

---------
1. Uninstall the existing driver and software (e.g. Catalyst Control Centre)
2. Reboot
3. Run Windows Update - check Optional Updates : install the ATI/AMD video driver offered
4. Do NOT update this driver further.

Monitor for further BSOD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355356-bsod-radom-cause-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hello dear

please check my bsod
my error on blue screen::system_thread_exception_not_handled(atikmdag.sys)

A:BSOD :system_thread_exception_not_handled(atikmdag.sys)

Hi Alikocholo ^_^,

I have analyzed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same (Please note that there was one dump file which dated to 6th July and has been ignored due to it being old):-

Code:
**************************Sat Jul 26 23:58:07.977 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+c7dbb )

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8013db26dbb, ffffd00023406128, ffffd00023405930}

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_atikmdag+c7dbb

MaxSpeed: 3500

CurrentSpeed: 3500

BIOS Version 2104

BIOS Release Date 08/13/2013

Manufacturer System manufacturer

Product Name System Product Name

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

Below is a list of 3rd party drivers which are present on the system :-

Code:
**************************Sat Jul 26 23:58:07.977 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
bcmwl664.sys Tue Feb 7 08:31:16 2012 (4F3093FC)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Fri May 4 01:26:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
kvnet.sys Thu Jun 21 19:40:52 2012 (4FE32B6C)
tib.sys Wed Mar 20 14:30:38 2013 (51497AB6)
fltsrv.sys Mon May 13 15:10:09 2013 (5190B4F9)
snapman.sys Wed Aug 14 17:47:26 2013 (520B7556)
e1c64x64.sys Wed Aug 21 15:39:36 2013 (521491E0)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 14:16:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
BthA2DP.sys Thu Aug 22 17:08:30 2013 (5215F836)
bcmsmbsp.sys Tue Sep 10 05:09:15 2013 (522E5C23)
avkmgr.sys Mon Sep 16 16:44:23 2013 (5236E80F)
tib_mounter.sys Mon Sep 30 18:34:20 2013 (524976D4)
mv91cons.sys Fri Oct 11 10:06:26 2013 (5257804A)
mvxxmm.sys Fri Oct 11 12:20:20 2013 (52579FAC)
mvs91xx.sys Fri Oct 11 12:21:23 2013 (52579FEB)
bcbtums.sys Fri Oct 18 02:15:30 2013 (52604C6A)
chdrv64.sys Tue Dec 3 17:26:14 2013 (529DC6DE)
asstor64.sys Mon Jan 27 15:00:34 2014 (52E6273A)
dump_iaStorA.sys Wed Feb 5 21:37:11 2014 (52F261AF)
iaStorA.sys Wed Feb 5 21:37:11 2014 (52F261AF)
AMDACPKSL.SYS Wed Mar 12 05:19:44 2014 (531FA118)
AtihdWB6.sys Wed Mar 12 05:20:02 2014 (531FA12A)
TeeDriverx64.sys Thu Mar 13 23:51:52 2014 (5321F740)
LHidEqd.Sys Wed Mar 19 05:50:53 2014 (5328E2E5)
LEqdUsb.Sys Wed Mar 19 05:50:55 2014 (5328E2E7)
LHidFilt.Sys Wed Mar 19 05:51:03 2014 (5328E2EF)
avipbb.sys Thu Mar 20 13:16:51 2014 (532A9CEB)
atikmpag.sys Fri Apr 18 06:37:07 2014 (53507ABB)
atikmdag.sys Fri Apr 18 07:43:16 2014 (53508A3C)
avgntflt.sys Wed Apr 30 22:04:29 2014 (53612615)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue May 6 18:44:37 2014 (5368E03D)
Rt630x64.sys Thu May 8 16:31:57 2014 (536B6425)
rzendpt.sys Mon May 19 12:13:41 2014 (5379A81D)
rzudd.sys Mon May 19 12:13:44 2014 (5379A820)
SamsungRapidDiskFltr.sys Mon May 19 19:54:16 2014 (537A1410)
SamsungRapidFSFltr.sys Mon May 19 19:54:18 2014 (537A1412)
idmwfp.sys Mon Jun 9 04:10:54 2014 (5394E676)
avnetflt.sys Mon Jun 16 17:11:20 2014 (539ED7E0)
**************************Sun Jul 6 15:46:26.730 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
afcdp.sys Wed Jul 20 20:16:03 2011 (4E26EA2B)
000.fcl Fri Nov 23 14:47:29 2012 (50AF3F29)
LHidEqd.Sys ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50806-bsod-system_thread_exception_not_handled-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Sorry bout not knowing whether its atikmdag.sys or atikmpag.sys

A:BSOD, atikmdag.sys or atikmpag.sys

You old ATI driver is the cause, please update it
ATI Radeon

Code:
atikmdag.sys atikmdag.sys+12694 fffff880`04871000 fffff880`04eac000 0x0063b000 0x4acc17f9 07/10/2009 08:24:25
Bugcheck 116 is mainly caused by defective GPU/RAM
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800456e010, fffff88004883694, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+12694 )
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800456e010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88004883694, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+12694
fffff880`04883694 48895c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rbx

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`09d1a2e8 fffff880`04f08ef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0456e010 fffff880`04883694 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`09d1a2f0 fffff880`04f08c02 : fffff880`04883694 fffffa80`0456e010 fffffa80`06087d50 fffffa80`06477410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`09d1a330 fffff880`04faff07 : fffffa80`0456e010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06087d50 fffffa80`06477410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`09d1a360 fffff880`04fddd7e : fffffa80`ffffffff 00000000`000182ed fffff880`09d1a4b0 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`09d1a440 fffff880`04fc3bb1 : fffffa80`0655f000 ffffffff`feced300 00000000`00000000 fffff880`09d1a5f0 : dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x196
fffff880`09d1a480 fffff880`04fc6aaf : 00000000`00036b6c 00000000`00000000 fffff880`09d1a5f0 fffff8a0`08578e50 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::xWaitForAllEngines+0x1e9
fffff880`09d1a580 fffff880`04fc2c28 : fffff8a0`08578e50 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0655f000 fffff880`09d1a5f0 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::SetupForBuildPagingBuffer+0xd7
fffff880`09d1a5c0 fffff880`04fc2bc3 : fffff8a0`08578e50 fffff8a0`08578f08 00000000`00000001 fffff8a0`08578e50 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::FillAllocationInternal+0x34
fffff880`09d1a750 fffff880`04fcf029 : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`08578e50 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::FillAllocation+0x15f
fffff880`09d1a7c0 fffff880`04fc426b : fffffa80`0609c870 fffff8a0`08578e50 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::CommitResource+0xb5
fffff880`09d1a8a0 fffff880`04fbfa8f : fffff8a0`08578e50 fffff8a0`08578e50 fffffa80`0655f000 fffffa80`0724b6a0 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::AllocateResourceForPinnedAllocation+0x21b
fffff880`09d1a920 fffff880`04fbf38f : fffff880`09d1ac78 fffff800`02bf34d3 fffff880`09d1abf0 fffff880`09d1ac88 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ProcessDeferredCommand+0x19f
fffff880`09d1aa40 fffff880`04fd9231 : 00000000`00000001 fffff880`04fab0d4 fffffa80`0609a900 fffffa80`0609a900 : dxgmms1!VidMmiProcessSystemCommand+0x23
fffff880`09d1aa70 fffff880`04fd83bc : fffff880`09d1abd0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`03d08530 00000000`00000001 : dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitSystemCommand+0x39
fffff880`09d1aaa0 fffff880`04faa77a : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0609a900 fffffa80... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158407-bsod-atikmdag-sys-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My computer has been having the BSOD occurring in frequency for the past few weeks. I have run scans and deleted programs that I installed (there were only like 2) and it keeps crashing.

It was crashing when I was watching videos so I updated my Flash but the computer again froze afterwards and now I get a crash randomly.

Now my computer crashed and it took a super long time to load up and now my power button color is flashing orange.

More information would be that I get a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONSCRIPTED_AREA during the BSOD

Thank you

A:BSOD caused by atikmdag.sys

Hello Charge1992 welcome to Seven Forums. I can try to help you with your problem. First, I would like you to complete your system specs. Many times we need to look up a particular part and need Manufacturer and model to do so. I would like your PSU and CPU cooler included if I can get it. The PSU, please give us the watts and manufacturer or model number if you could. Later I will give you what I usually give those who haven't filled out any system specs. Perhaps it can help you with most of it.

Your files only had 1 dump in it, and dumps are what we use to try and debug your computer. So, If you would, please make sure your computer is configured for Small Memory Dumps.
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

The dump file says it was your graphics card TDR error (Time Delay and Recovery) which means your drivers crashed and did not recover in enough time, so Windows assumed it was a graphics failure. Please install the latest WGQL driver. Here are some helpful instructions.

I am going to give you some links that will help you get a good clean install and not have any drivers you don't need that will conflict with other drivers. Download a WHQL driver from Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7 . Once you have them downloaded, uninstall you current driver from control panel. next clean up any left over drivers from following this tutorial Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling and select only ATI Display Drivers. After you have done that and rebooted, install the new driver, only select custom install and install only what you have to. Very few people need most of what they include. You do not need the audio/HDMI drivers as you already have that in your Motherboard drivers. Unless there is some reason you need them, the only thing you really need is the Display Driver.

When finished, please open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

I would also like you to go into bios and tell me the reading of your +12V, +5V and +3.3V Any other information you can provide to help narrow down the reasons would be helpful. Such as a particular activity or program used that causes the BSOD. If you have another BSOD, please upload the
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions again in a new post. I will be notified of a new post, but won't if you edit a previous post. Here are the system specs instructions. Some of the info I asked you may need to look for, particularly the PSU wattage and how many amps on the +12V.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348811-bsod-caused-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Intel: Intel graphics HD 3000
AMD: AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M series

I have been playing games using my intel graphics hd 3000 without any problems. But I decided to use my amd graphics card since my games are lagging now and each time i get bsod atikmdag.sys and after that when booting i get the same bsod unless i untick switchable graphics in BIOS settings.

Also i used sfc.exe /scannow in cmd using administrator rights. But it could not fix some corrupt files.

Please I really need help...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/402163-bsod-playing-using-ccc-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Haven't had any BSODs in a long time until the last month or so, maybe 1 every other day, always related to atikmdag.sys which I believe is the video driver? What would cause it to suddenly start crapping out on me like this?
Dump files attached for reference. Thanks for any assistance!

A:Occasional BSOD atikmdag

Update the display driver to the latest WHQL. Download Drivers

See how it goes. Let us know.

Further actions may be needed depending on the resulting situation.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800f4e283b, fffff88005da6228, fffff88005da5a80}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+c483b )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800f4e283b, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff88005da6228, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff88005da5a80, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+c483b
fffff880`0f4e283b 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff88005da6228 -- (.exr 0xfffff88005da6228)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800f4e283b (atikmdag+0x00000000000c483b)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 00000000000006a8
Attempt to read from address 00000000000006a8

CONTEXT: fffff88005da5a80 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88005da5a80;r)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000000a8000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8800f4e283b rsp=fffff88005da6460 rbp=fffffa801097d9a0
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f41e1d0000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88005da6690 r12=fffffa801097d880 r13=fffffa800d48fbc0
r14=fffffa80143d0010 r15=fffff8800f41e000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
atikmdag+0xc483b:
fffff880`0f4e283b 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Last set context:
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000000a8000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8800f4e283b rsp=fffff88005da6460 rbp=fffffa801097d9a0
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f41e1d0000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88005da6690 r12=fffffa801097d880 r13=fffffa800d48fbc0
r14=fffffa80143d0010 r15=fffff8800f41e000
iopl=0 nv up ei p... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361592-occasional-bsod-atikmdag.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been getting a BSOD error saying that atikdmag.sys had some error. This usually occurs while browsing files using explorer.

Things i have tried:
tried general system clean up, (spy/bloat/mal)ware (spybot S&D) and Antivirus (avast) sweeps
Uninstalled ati drivers, no error received while they were uninstalled.
installed JUST the latest video driver as was recommended in this thread, error came back.

computer was up and running fine for 3+ months before the BSOD started happening. It happens randomly while im browsing files, but there is at least one folder i can go to that always re-creates the issue to test... it usually happens when there are video files in the folder (i suspect it may be a thumbnail generation issue?).

required BSOD zip attached, thanks in advance for any help.

A:BSOD, atikmdag.sys error

Hi,
I just helped a guy who had the same problem. Look the link below...

Blue screen Atikmpag.sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362015-bsod-atikmdag-sys-error.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I've been having problems with my video card. It continuously crashes when playing games (Warcraft, Supreme Commander, even Doom 1.) and I've tried updating(and rolling back) the drivers and the problem persists.

System Specs:
Vid Card: ATI All-IN-WONDER X800 XL
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor from Dell 1280x1024(32bit, 60Hz)
(Other information on the DxDiag file)

I've checked Event Viewer right after the crash and have found the error. The Source was 'atixmdag' and the event ID is '45062' category 'CRT'

This barely started last week and my computer was just reformatted two weeks ago.

Thanks to anyone who can help, or try to help!

A:Atikmdag Error and BSOD

I don't suppose you tried the very latest driver which is the 8.6?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atikmdag-error-and-bsod.106846/
Relevancy 52.89%

Always the same BSOD. Latest time when I was watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=183&v=bS5P_LAqiVg on Firefox. BSOD, PC reboots, I reopened the same url, play and ... same BSOD at the same time !

A:BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (atikmdag.sys)

Hi Johnwook ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver/function that caused the problem.

Let's check the exception address -

Code:
2: kd> .exr 0xffffd000faef41b8
ExceptionAddress: fffff80171d8f12b (atikmdag+0x00000000000c512b)

So, according to the dump file, the system crashed because the ATI Driver tried to perform a MOVe operation with illegal pointers and hence the Access Violation.

Below is a list of 3rd party drivers present on your system -

Code:
**************************Fri Jun 5 20:12:33.491 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
teamviewervpn.sys Thu Dec 13 14:52:09 2007 (4760F9C1)
truecrypt.sys Tue Feb 7 14:39:36 2012 (4F30EA50)
tos_sps64.sys Mon Jun 18 06:51:30 2012 (4FDE829A)
TVALZFL.sys Sun Jul 22 03:59:07 2012 (500B2D33)
TVALZ_O.SYS Thu Jul 26 04:53:25 2012 (50107FED)
tdcmdpst.sys Thu Jul 26 05:11:48 2012 (5010843C)
AmdAS4.sys Thu Feb 7 14:45:21 2013 (511370A9)
appexDrv.sys Thu Apr 11 01:25:54 2013 (5165C3CA)
AmUStor.SYS Mon May 27 14:38:18 2013 (51A32282)
AtihdWB6.sys Sun Jun 23 07:49:48 2013 (51C65B44)
L1C63x64.sys Tue Jul 16 12:26:31 2013 (51E4EE9F)
Apfiltr.sys Fri Jul 19 11:19:54 2013 (51E8D382)
btfilter.sys Fri Aug 9 15:11:27 2013 (5204B947)
stwrt64.sys Fri Aug 16 15:56:26 2013 (520DFE52)
tosrfec.sys Thu Oct 31 08:50:55 2013 (5271CC97)
Thotkey.sys Thu Oct 31 13:44:01 2013 (52721149)
atikmpag.sys Wed Apr 23 07:02:33 2014 (53571831)
atikmdag.sys Wed Apr 23 08:07:23 2014 (53572763)
athwbx.sys Fri Oct 17 12:46:51 2014 (5440C263)
**************************Fri May 30 22:28:09.364 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
ssadwh.sys Wed Jun 30 18:54:36 2010 (4C2B4594)
ssadcm.sys Wed Jun 30 19:04:04 2010 (4C2B47CC)
athwbx.sys Fri Aug 16 08:43:28 2013 (520D98D8)
atikmpag.sys Sat Dec 7 01:51:45 2013 (52A231D9)
atikmdag.sys Sat Dec 7 02:49:43 2013 (52A23F6F)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=teamviewervpn.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=truecrypt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tos_sps64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TVALZFL.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TVALZ_O.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tdcmdpst.sys
AmdAS4.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=appexDrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AmUStor.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdWB6.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=L1C63x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Apfiltr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btfilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=stwrt64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tosrfec.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Thotkey.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=athwbx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ssadwh.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ssadcm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=athwbx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66957-bsod-system_thread_exception_not_handled_m-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

BSOD debug files attached.

Thanks

A:BSOD caused by atikmdag.sys

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800764a759, fffff8800fda1a10, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+27759 )

---------

6: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`07623000 fffff880`080c1000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Fri Jan 20 19:38:29 2012 (4F192F0D)
CheckSum: 00A46FD6
ImageSize: 00A9E000
See if a more updated video driver is available. If so, install it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363485-bsod-caused-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've been experiencing BSODs for a month or so. They seem to happen randomly. No new hardware that I'm aware of. I'm attaching the zip file created by the file capture tool listed in the instructions. I'm grateful for any help received. -- Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390955-bsod-caused-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

30 mins before the BSOD I had graphics twisted and flashing when playing Heroes of the Storm. I found out that there are available driver updates for AMD which was the 15.7 version. Updated it and after awhile the whole screen went into a purple blur. When rebooted it gave BSOD errors. I googled about the atikmdag.sys BSOD errors and the problem seemed to be with the drivers. Followed some of the instructions there but to no avail.

Things that I have tried:

Uninstall (with Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode) and reinstall drivers
Install drivers in custom (without CCC)
Install older versions of AMD drivers
Expand atikmdag.sy into atikmdag.sys through command prompt (Instructions found in atikmdag.sys error BSOD on startup [Solved] - Graphics Cards - Graphics Cards)

I can only boot to normal mode when the drivers are uninstalled/disabled. Help would be greatly appreciated!

A:BSOD atikmdag.sy GPU drivers

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800f1098fe, fffff880031b61e8, fffff880031b5a40}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+3e8fe )

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800f05f114, fffff88005b198b0, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+2d114 )
If possible can you run Furmark. I'm almost certain that the GPU is failing. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376801-bsod-atikmdag-sy-gpu-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Recently I have been starting my computer and getting a BSOD at the beggining of W7. The screen goes white, then black, and a BSOD appears indicating a problem with ATIKMDAG.SYS. I?ve installed the latest driver for the video card.

This is not all the time. It happens only once in a while (twice this week), and after reboot nothing shows, and everything is normal. Any ideas???

A:BSOD at start of W7, ATIKMDAG.SYS

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphius

Recently I have been starting my computer and getting a BSOD at the beggining of W7. The screen goes white, then black, and a BSOD appears indicating a problem with ATIKMDAG.SYS. I?ve installed the latest driver for the video card.

This is not all the time. It happens only once in a while (twice this week), and after reboot nothing shows, and everything is normal. Any ideas???

A quick google brought this up,worth a read id say
AMD Game Forums - ATIKMDAG.sys problems and TDR FAQ

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/55775-bsod-start-w7-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,

i've just installed windows 7 ultimate.

the computer BSODs with the above two errors in the span of about 10 days. was running iTunes, Football Manager 2011 and Firefox.

RAMs should be fine as memtest ran with no errors.

attached are the 2 dump files.

hope you guys can help!

regards and thanks!

A:BSOD - ntfs.sys and atikmdag.sys

Quote: Originally Posted by vironix

Hi all,

i've just installed windows 7 ultimate.

the computer BSODs with the above two errors in the span of about 10 days. was running iTunes, Football Manager 2011 and Firefox.

RAMs should be fine as memtest ran with no errors.

attached are the 2 dump files.

hope you guys can help!

regards and thanks!

Memory corruption probably caused by a driver. please run this test.

1-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184538-bsod-ntfs-sys-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

OS - Win x What was original installed OS on system win vista x Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer retail Age of system hardware GB of memory is years old hard drive is weeks old the rest of the hardware is years old Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS weeks CPU - AMD Athlon X Video Card - Sapphire Radeon HD MotherBoard - MSI K A AM Power Supply - OCZ W Im getting a BSOD death after a certain amount of time when im playing any kind of game Doesnt matter if its a Facebook game or Starcraft II It normally pops up after about - minutes of gameplay Sometimes Win error BSOD x64 7 atikmdag.sys the blue screen gives the atikmdag sys error and some times it gives a bunch of binary id say of the time it gives atikmdag sys I have already cleaned out my display drivers and BSOD Win 7 x64 atikmdag.sys error re-installed the most recent version of the drivers and now im kind of at a loss on where to proceed If i need to just purchase a BSOD Win 7 x64 atikmdag.sys error new video card or if i need to use an older display driver or if its something else entirely Thanks for your help

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi...

Recently I bought my PC and installed Windows 7 x64. I'm not a techie, but know little bit about hardware (only basics), and this error has dumbfounded me.

I have been playing Crysis 2 with no error. But, today I played The Sims Medieval and encountered BSOD with atikmdag.sys error after playing for about 10 minutes.

The problem are always recurring around in the same minutes, but only in Sims Medieval.

My general hardware specs are:
i5 2500k 3.3GHz (no OC)
XFX HD 6950 1GB 256bit
2x4GB DDR3 Corsair

and the OS is Windows 7 x64 OEM

I've included attachments of the NT6_BSOD folder and Healty Report.html as per requested by the forum....any help would be much appreciated...sorry for my English as it wasn't my native language and hope it was clear enough...

thank you and please help me...

regards,

A:atikmdag.sys BSOD on Windows 7 x64

Quote: Originally Posted by rainergy

Hi...

Recently I bought my PC and installed Windows 7 x64. I'm not a techie, but know little bit about hardware (only basics), and this error has dumbfounded me.

I have been playing Crysis 2 with no error. But, today I played The Sims Medieval and encountered BSOD with atikmdag.sys error after playing for about 10 minutes.

The problem are always recurring around in the same minutes, but only in Sims Medieval.

My general hardware specs are:
i5 2500k 3.3GHz (no OC)
XFX HD 6950 1GB 256bit
2x4GB DDR3 Corsair

and the OS is Windows 7 x64 OEM

I've included attachments of the NT6_BSOD folder and Healty Report.html as per requested by the forum....any help would be much appreciated...sorry for my English as it wasn't my native language and hope it was clear enough...

thank you and please help me...

regards,

Three problems

1- One crash was Related to BtHidBus.sys Bluetooth HID BUS Driver from IVT Corporation. I would re0install it with the newesst version available.
2-Your video driver caused one. Please re-install using this

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Or if the above doesnt work for you. Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.
3-Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp,sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place. MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor

OR

SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/164869-atikmdag-sys-bsod-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 52.89%

SF_10-09-2014

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (atikmdag.sys)

Hello!

I recently upgraded my hard drive+fresh install and since I've experienced a couple BSoD errors. I believe both times the errors occurred I was watching some plugin-forced html5 youtube videos. Also every BSoD error required me to manually power down the computer as it never restarted itself after collecting information.

I'm not really sure what could have went wrong. I've only installed windows, updates, and the ATI driver via 'auto detect and install tool.'

Any help would be great!

A:Windows 8.1 Pro BSOD; (atikmdag.sys)

Hi wepr6 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analyzed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
0: kd> !analyze -v*******************************************************************************
* Bugcheck Analysis *
happening.
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff800b539bdbb, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: ffffd00162906128, Exception Record Address
Arg4: ffffd00162905930, Context Record Address
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+c7dbb
fffff800`b539bdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h]
EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffd00162906128 -- (.exr 0xffffd00162906128)
ExceptionAddress: fffff800b539bdbb (atikmdag+0x00000000000c7dbb)
CONTEXT: ffffd00162905930 -- (.cxr 0xffffd00162905930;r)
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000000f0000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff800b539bdbb rsp=ffffd00162906360 rbp=ffffe0010db17060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f410da8000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff800b421d587 r12=ffffe0010d996180 r13=ffffe0010cf30dc0
r14=ffffe00112001010 r15=fffff800b52d4000
atikmdag+0xc7dbb:
fffff800`b539bdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Last set context:
rip=fffff800b539bdbb rsp=ffffd00162906360 rbp=ffffe0010db17060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f410da8000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff800b421d587 r12=ffffe0010d996180 r13=ffffe0010cf30dc0
r14=ffffe00112001010 r15=fffff800b52d4000
atikmdag+0xc7dbb:
fffff800`b539bdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Resetting default scope
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 00000000000006a8
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8003a355138
unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart
unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes
00000000000006a8
FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+c7dbb
fffff800`b539bdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h]
B... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53555-windows-8-1-pro-bsod-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Well a few months ago my pc started having bsod first I thought it was a power supply problem because I had a generic atikmdag.sys and BSOD dxgkrnl.sys power supply I was mistaken Then started atikmdag.sys and dxgkrnl.sys BSOD to investigate a little more and discovered it was my video card Running BlueScreenView tells me that atikmdag.sys and dxgkrnl.sys BSOD atikmdag sys and dxgkrnl sys are causing trouble is not the first time I see those on every single bsod atikmdag.sys and dxgkrnl.sys BSOD I've is the same or just atikmdag sys I have reinstalled AMD drivers a lot with not satisfactory results I don't know what else to do the card still have a few months of warranty so if it is hardware problem I can return it Code OS - Windows x I installed it a month ago Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Got a code from Microsoft Dreamspark The computer is years old AMD HD GB ASUS GB ram MoBo MSI NF -g Power supply Corsair CX AMD Phenom II x

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/atikmdag-sys-and-dxgkrnl-sys-bsod-857273.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Well, I get completely randomly bsod that sometimes don't even provide dump files. Regardless. They can happen whenever. Days later. Hours, Whenever. I have the latest driver 14.4 from AMD, And that's what my last computer had with no problem(I just recently re built with an intel build). I put the SF Diagnostic thingy in here named Baxterino. Pls help.

A:BSOD randomly with atikmdag.sys

Your ATI graphics driver is causing problems.

Code:
fffff880`009edbc8 fffff880`0410e324Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
atikmpag+0x9324
fffff880`009edbd0 fffff880`0f9842d7 atikmdag+0x89b2d7
Download the 13.9 driver from here then use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc. Reboot and install the 13.9 driver.

Note
When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335698-bsod-randomly-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I recently bought a new computer and it's been driving me nuts atikmdag BSOD 8.1 Windows For the Windows 8.1 atikmdag BSOD last couple of days I have been getting BSOD after BSOD Most of them seem to be related to the video drivers at least the newer ones the ones that are not video driver related I managed to fix least i think they Windows 8.1 atikmdag BSOD are fixed by uninstalling the applications mentioned in the dumps I will also run the driver verifier while waiting for a response and get back to you as soon as i have something from that I will post the PC specs below and attach the SysNativeBSODCollectionApp dumps also If there is any more info i need to provide please let me know System Specs Operating System Windows Pro -bit BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Video Card GIGABYTE Radeon R OC WindForce X GB DDR -bit MotherBoard ASRock H M-HDS CPU Intel Core i GHz PSU High Power Element BRONZE W Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you Dani

A:Windows 8.1 atikmdag BSOD

First thing I see here is your power supply is not suitable GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - AMD - PCI Express Solution - Radeon? R9 200 series - GV-R928XOC-3GD (rev. 1.0)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-8-1-atikmdag-bsod-947618.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I atikmdag.sys 0x00000050 BSOD built a computer in February i k gb ddr ram ati radeon hd w psu tb seagate etc Since then I have had constant problems with it blue sceening I used to get x a lot After testing my hard drive with about different programs and them all failing I replaced my hard drive yesterday Today I reinstalled windows from scratch BSOD 0x00000050 atikmdag.sys copied all my data to my new hard drive and I am still getting BSOD's different ones I used to get memory management BSOD's with the faulty hard drive and I am now getting PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA on what I think is a graphics card driver Besides BSODing explorer exe sometimes goes into crashing fits and occasionally windows aero will turn off I am very stuck on what the problem is and would appreciate some help I have also uploaded two minidumps and also some info BlueScreenView spat out - Josh PS And to make things even more enraging when it BSOD's it makes a loud humming sound through my headset

A:BSOD 0x00000050 atikmdag.sys

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228513-bsod-0x00000050-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i get bluescreens. with the file ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys.

What i did:

1. Fresh install windows 10
2. Memtest
3. drivers uptodate
4. malwarescanner
5. Virus scanner (G-data)
6. BluescreenVieuw
7. AMD Driver Update With DDU

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/bluescreenview-x64/report.html
That is what i did so far...
Can someone help me please ?.......DESKTOP-SB3C1AU-05_feb_2016__7_39_53,10.zip
My PC SPECS:
Case:Corsair Obsidian 900D
MotherBoard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU: AMD FX9590
CPU Block: EK-Supremacy EVO RED Edition
GPU1:AMD R9 290X
GPU1 Block: EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal
GPU2:AMD R9 290X
GPU2 Block: EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal

Pump 2x: EK-DCP 4.0 PWM X-RES
Rad 2x: EK-CoolStream PE 480 Radiator

Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX3M4A1600C9
samsung 840 Pro SSD 128 GB + samsung 850 evo SSD 520 GB + 2000 GB + 3000GB Hardeschijf ( HDD )
Supply: Corsair AX1200i

NEW: 900D Long Lightbox (Rev.2) RGB + Controller

Monitors: Tripple Screen Benq XL241Z

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe + atikmdag.sys

Update following drivers
Driver Reference Table - ALSysIO64.sys
Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the display drivers using custom/advanced options.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39778-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Guys,

i have been getting an error whenever i install my graphics drivers. Any version i use results in a BSOD on startup.
the BSOD says: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (atikmdag.sys)

Also, whenever my computer restarts it shuts straight off and i have to manually turn it on again...
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381903-bsod-system_service_exception-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings all, I swapped out my AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb Quad-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX with a new AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX ( on a ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - AM3+ - TUF Series - ATX AMD 990FX DDR3 1800 Motherboards ) now when playing games or watching web based videos I get the rainbow screen and then a restart. I updated all my drivers also, what did I do wrong? It also happens in safe mode

A:Upgraded new CPU and now have BSOD with Atikmdag.sys

here is the zip files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358199-upgraded-new-cpu-now-have-bsod-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Good afternoon!

Each time I start my computer up I get the above error.

I can use the computer by only by repeatedly hitting F8 then using the 'last known good configuration' option.

When watching videos on the Computer they run really slowly.

After some research it appears it's something graphics card related.

Any help if much appreciated!

I've attached the relevant files.

Thanks.

P.S - I have tried this solution to no avail: bsod atikmdag.sys windows 8.1 [Solved] - Blue Screen - Windows 8

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, my laptop recently started restarting with the BSOD. I was updating windows and clicked on install on a browser extension for a game bp4free when the first crash and BSOD occurred. I tried the repair but it didnt work. Tried re-installing to a restore point and even to factory state with no success. It tells me it my graphic card. I have ATI MOBILITY RADEON 5850. I cant log into windows unless i enable it. Ive also tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers with no avail. Am i gonna have to buy another graphic card?

This is stop code its giving me:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80065FB4E0
BCP2: FFFFF88004E5EF50
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Thank in advance for any help

A:BSOD error 0x00000116 atikmdag.sys How can i fix this

This might be of help good luck! http://nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/230466-bsod-error-0x00000116-atikmdag-sys-how-can-i-fix.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So I got this BSOD on my Windows machine a few days ago It happened while I was watching a youtube video several recently atikmdag.sys BSOD times The screen just went black while the sound was still playing and then a blue screen came with a big sad face - gt It gave me a atikmdag.sys BSOD several times recently SYSTEM EXCEPTION atikmdag.sys BSOD several times recently NOT HANDLED What failed atikmdag sys So it eventually restarted the the computer and started repairing itself and eventually said it had to restore itself to an earlier state and this took like hours and at a point the computer said that it failed to restore and I just had to press a 'shut down' button So I booted up the PC again and for some reason I was able to boot up win again at what seemed to be an earlier restored state which is really weird because the computer said that it failed to restore earlier So this happened several times over and over and I tried to find the root of the cause and it seemed to be some sort of graphics driver issue I have a AMD M graphics card and I've checked the latest graphics driver and it was up to date amd-catalyst- which is from july But for some reason it kept nagging me about updating my driver to some Radeon Crimson driver ever since I installed win early this year and when I tried updating it just said that its recommended that I use my current driver REALLY WEIRD Anyway I eventually follow a recommendation of going into safe mode and then uninstalling my graphics driver and installing the Redeon Crimson one But windows told me that it wasn't compatible for some reason so I reverted back to the quot old quot driver and it just kept giving me the blue stuff and quot restoring quot to an earlier state So luckily I have win installed on another partition and have been using it for the past days without trouble So I hardly think this is a hardware issue This win BSOD issue came to me after I had an automatic update of win just a few days before so that might have something to do with it I installed windows back in January this year and it has been working fine up until this point Today was the last time I tried booting up win it just BSOD' while loading startup software So I couldn't even do log collecting I don't really know what to do now

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60498-atikmdag-sys-bsod-several-times-recently.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello BSOD playing some* atikmdag.sys while games months ago i bought a new PC and after a couple months i have been getting BSOD with some games For example i finished Far BSOD atikmdag.sys while playing some* games Cry in medium specs and quot Sleeping Dogs quot without ever getting a BSOD or lag On the other hand i just got BSOD in Half Life Other BSOD atikmdag.sys while playing some* games games worth special mention are quot Dishonored quot and quot Metro last BSOD atikmdag.sys while playing some* games light quot in which i get BDOD when i play them on full screen Since then i switched to quot windows mode quot with no BSOD You can check my specs at my profile I have the AMD Catalyst Beta driver update I have uninstalled the ccc from AMD Scans from firewall and avira give me clean results A week ago i cleanned most of the dust on the main fan in my PC case Any help is appreciated I have wasted many hours googling solutions Im sorry for possible fail english And im sorry if this problem is mentioned elsewhere in the forum i dont have much time browsing and im kinda dissapointed having BSOD in new PC TL DR Im getting BSOD atikmdag sys related while i play games at random times can be at the st minutes or after hours of play

A:BSOD atikmdag.sys while playing some* games

Hello Mr Brownstone.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+23a0c )

---------
This bugcheck code is inherent in ATI display drivers. What should be tried here is to use another driver version; specially when you are having a Beta version of display driver installed.

Code:
fffff880`04852000 fffff880`053c5000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Tue Apr 16 20:15:48 2013 (516D641C)
CheckSum: 00B2672C
ImageSize: 00B73000
Uninstall everything relating to the display driver using AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility

Then install the latest WHQL only, from the link AMD CCC WHQL Video Driver Download Link

Information
WHQL
Release Date: April 24th 2013
Version: 13.4
In Device Manager: 12.104
Let us know when done.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+23a0c )

---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Unknown bugcheck code (a0000001)
Unknown bugcheck description
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000005
Arg2: 0000000000000000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA0000001

CURRENT_IRQL: a

TAG_NOT_DEFINED_c000000f: FFFFF880030B8FB0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff88004875a0c to fffff80002e81c00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`030b15f8 fffff880`04875a0c : 00000000`a0000001 00000000`00000005 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`030b1600 00000000`a0000001 : 00000000`00000005 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : atikmdag+0x23a0c
fffff880`030b1608 00000000`00000005 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xa0000001
fffff880`030b1610 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`030b1660 : 0x5
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+23a0c
fffff880`04875a0c ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: atik... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297557-bsod-atikmdag-sys-while-playing-some-games.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I have been having Atikmdag.sys 0xA0000001 Gaming While BSOD on BSOD While Gaming 0xA0000001 Atikmdag.sys ongoing issues with atikmdag sys This all started with BF after playing for minutes than it happened again after about hour and minutes in Then I move onto Borderlands a few days later and about hours in same exact BSOD Then after about hours in game again I get a black screen this time for about seconds then game returns to normal And now today just installed FarCry and BSOD within first minutes For the last month I have been looking around the web for a fix installed latest drivers clean-installed them installed beta drivers None of that worked and I could not find a thread that is similar to mine with a fix The closest thing I found to my problem is this thread BSOD atikmdag sys while playing some games Even then it was recommended that he switch to a Nvidia Card My computer is a custom build not even months old and I'm quite depressed as it may look like I'm out dollars Here are my PC specs FX- M A LE R G SKILL Ripjawz Rosewill Green Series w Gigabyte x Windforce GB I should also point out that this computer does not have overheating problems as CPUID HWMonitor shows CPU never reaching past C and GPU never going past about C I also ran a test Windows Diagnostic RAM Tester Something and it showed no errors in my RAM as some forums suggested At this point I am very desperate to find a fix I just want to know if this is a hardware issues or still a software issue Otherwise my best bet is to send the x into Gigabyte for repairs -Thanks

A:BSOD While Gaming 0xA0000001 Atikmdag.sys

Welcome to 7 Forums.

STOP 0xA0000001 appears to be a custom bugcheck coded into ATI drivers. That proves to be the case here.

Code:
fffff880`02f8da78 fffff880`044d22deUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
atikmpag+0x92de
It is a recent driver, although possibly not the latest.

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`044c9000 fffff880`0456c000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Apr 18 02:07:07 2014 (53507ABB)
CheckSum: 000A6939
ImageSize: 000A3000
Download the 13.9 driver from here then use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc.

Open Windows updates, in the left column click change settings, then in the drop down box select 'Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them'. The purpose of this is to keep Windows Updates from automatically installing a driver.

Attachment 322753

Reboot and install the 13.9 driver.

Note
When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335514-bsod-while-gaming-0xa0000001-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop gives me the BSOD at random when I am watching any sort of video or anytime I try to update my display driver. I have installed windows updates on my computer, it will not allow me to update my drivers at all. I have checked to make sure that my pc is not getting to hot also. I have attached the logs that you guys require. Since I have started feeling this out my computer has done the BSOD 3 times.

A:BSOD atikmdag.sys Logs included

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8009a00390, fffff88004476aec, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+7aec )

---------

2: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`0446f000 fffff880`044c4000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 09 05:52:09 2012 (4F5906E1)
CheckSum: 0005980D
ImageSize: 00055000
Your driver is outdated. Click on "Download Now' to have the AMD site detect your card and see if it recommends an update driver:
Download Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349340-bsod-atikmdag-sys-logs-included.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, first post so I hope I have everything in order. I used the SF diagnostic tool and will be uploading the zip file. Laptop computer is about 2 months old and running fantastically but sometimes while doing some reading for class, the Blue screen appears and says SYSTEM_THREAT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED followed by atikmdag.sys as the error message. I would blame the problem on having too many tabs open or having a lot of programs open but even when at 2 tabs and no additional programs running, it crashed. I'm relatively new to the nitty gritty of computers so any help would be appreciated. Must I provide any additional information?
Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD 2x a day, error atikmdag.sys windows 8.1

Please post your problem here BSOD Crashes and Debugging - Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359067-bsod-2x-day-error-atikmdag-sys-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I've recently joined a technical support team and have been given a dell desktop optiplex that's had constant BSOD issues going back months I've been told the OS win has been reinstalled several times and the issues doesn't seem to go away Based on that I figured it must be a hardware issue I did a diagnostic test in the bios had the computer freeze up during the diagnostic and Dell sent a technician to ntoskrnl.exe and BSOD to related atikmdag.sys replace the motherboard as a tech mentioned the error code related to the motherboard Well the motherboards been replaced and I'm still getting BSODs The timing of the BSOD is random the computer will run anywhere from mins to a couple hours but the BSOD is pretty consistant I thought I BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys had it narrowed down to corrupt ATI drivers a couple days ago and reinstalled a redownloaded driver software from dells support page but again the BSOD is back The most common BSOD error code is x although I get several And running bluescreenview to check dmp files the most common drivers causing the BSODs are ntoskrnl exe and atikmdag sys Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

A:BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys

Hi

to the Bleeping Computer forum

Please follow the below steps.

Test the system memory thoroughly using Memtest86+ . 

Read this article first : http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

You should run at least seven or more passes for an accurate result. I recommend running 10 passes. As it may take several hours to complete, it is better to run it overnight.

Following video will give you a better idea about the test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Report whether it detects any errors during the test.

Upload the crash dumps for inspection.

Open C:\Windows\minidump folder and copy all the crash dump files to another temporary folder. Zip that folder and upload it to any free file hosting site.

For example :

http://www.mediafire.com/

https://www.box.com/

Download and run Minitoolbox from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
    -List installed programs
    -List devices
    -List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply  (or upload the result.txt with dump files) 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502300/bsod-related-to-ntoskrnlexe-and-atikmdagsys/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I have been getting BSOD only on idle for weeks now and it is driving me crazy. I have tried re installing the drivers for audio and graphics and any other suggestion I could find. Also I have re installed the OS. I am OC to 4.0GHZ but have also tried on stock 3.2GHZ and get the same issues.

This new atikmdag.sys I have not seen before but previously it was saying driver dxgmms or something similar. This crash dmp has now been deleted off my pc for some reason so I cant double check.

Any advice would be great as it is useless for what I want it to do if it wont stay on.

Thanks in advance !

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391303-bsod-when-pc-idle-atikmdag-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I've been having BSOD's for approximately 2 months. Currently averaging 2 or 3 a week

I've spent the last month trying to resolve the issue and I've tried multiple fixes which have been suggested via various forums / threads - Found some unrelated errors and fixed those but the Atikmdag.sys errors still continue (though the frequency of BSOD's appears to have slowed down somewhat (was originally daily -)

Rather than going through everything that I've done, thought it would be better to post my BSOD report and start again from scratch.

Any help with this matter greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390716-bsod-gaming-atikmdag-sys-error.html
Relevancy 52.03%

It seems that every time I log off Vista then log back on the graphics become corrupt similar to artifacts due to overheating I can assure you it's not though and then shortly after I get a BSOD with atikmdag sys I know this is the ATI display driver but what exactly is wrong with it and why is it only when I log off and then back on is when I see the error Of course BSOD leads to system restart and then it works fine It's only when I restart then logon do I not see any issue Problem details Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA B E BCP FFFFFA C FCC BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product System Specs CPU Intel Core i - GHz PSU Antec EarthWatts w Motherboard Dell X RAM x GB DDR Video Card ATI Radeon HD HD Hitachi GB w RAID Card HD Hitachi GB w RAID Card If anyone could give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it

A:atikmdag.sys BSOD on logon - Vista x64 SP1

Hi -

The bugcheck in the posted info -

0x116 = the video driver tried to recover via reset, but ran out of time

Look in 2 places, please - WERCON & Event Viewer -

WERCON - Problem Rpts & Solutions -
START | wercon.exe | "View Problem History" - 2x-click on line item reveals add'l info

Event Viewer -
START | eventvwr.msc | start with "Custom Views/ Administrative" then "Windows Logs / Application, then System"

I believe that you will find 0x117 Live Kernel Events in addition to the 0x116 bugchecks. They will not be proportional. The 0x117 may provide additional information.

In the interim, please follow the BSOD posting instructions found in this post - http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html

Also, please make sure the resulting zip file contains a DirectX Kernel Graphics diag report - dxdiag. If not, please run one -
START | dxdiag - save as a text file

Zip it all up and attach to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/atikmdag-sys-bsod-on-logon-vista-x64-sp1-406375.html
Relevancy 52.03%

No recent changes to atikmdag.sys +e7180 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD the computer BSOD while using Gmail There were a lot of other programs and windows opened Dell Inspiron GB -bit Windows Ultimate Service Pack WhoCrashed says On Sun PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code xA x x x xFFFFF C Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL atikmdag.sys +e7180 Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL atikmdag.sys +e7180 Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time BlueScreenView says the problem is caused by atikmdag sys e IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Tried Update Driver for atikmdag but Windows says the driver is up-to-date Here's the info on ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe PM win sp gdr - Thanks for your assistance chuck

A:BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL atikmdag.sys +e7180

Hello, chuckftl. I will try to help you. But, I need you to do something for me. Please complete filling out your system specs. We often need to look up components and model and Manufacturer is necessary. Please include your Graphics card, Hard drives and PSU. These suggestions I normally give may help you.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs.
You only had 1 dump file, so that is not a lot to go on. but, your dump file said

Code:
fffff880`021bd820 fffffa80`090ff000
fffff880`021bd828 fffff880`0488c5a0Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
atikmdag+0x5a5a0
That is your Graphics card drivers. This is your current graphics driver

Code:
atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`04832000 fffff880`0512e000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Wed Jan 26 16:48:28 2011 (4D40A4BC)
CheckSum: 008B6C01
ImageSize: 008FC000
As you can see your graphics driver needs updating. Please follow rhese steps to get a god, clean install.

I am going to give you some links that will help you get a good clean install and not have any drivers you don't need that will conflict with other drivers. Download a WHQL driver from Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7 . Once you have them downloaded, uninstall you current driver from control panel. next clean up any left over drivers from following this tutorial Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling and select only ATI Display Drivers. After you have done that and rebooted, install the new driver, only select custom install and install only what you have to. Very few people need most of what they include. You do not need the audio/HDMI drivers as you already have that in your Motherboard drivers. Unless there is some reason you need them, the only thing you really need is the Display Driver.

Also, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Please let us know if you notice any improvement in the way your computer runs after that and also the scan results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370815-bsod-irql_not_less_or_equal-atikmdag-sys-e7180.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a problem with my new GPU. Few months ago I've bought Gigabyte Radeon R9 270x 2GB OC and installed it in my computer. Then I've noticed strange black squares appearing randomly in my browser [Mozilla Firefox] while I'm on websites like tumblr or Facebok. I sent GPU back for repair but they said everything was fine.
Then I got 2 BSODs. Both displaying atikmdag.sys as error. They both happened while I was playing League of Legends though I'm not sure it has anything to do with it.
I've tried numerous versions of GPU drivers but none helped. I still get those black squares while browsing. They dont appear in video games or while I work in programmes like 3ds max.
I've attached a picture of those squares and a DM Log I've done. If someone knows how to fix this I will be very grateful.
Thanks.

A:BSOD with atikmdag.sys error with brand new GPU

Quote: Originally Posted by ninetears

I've tried numerous versions of GPU drivers but none helped.

There are two crash dumps included in the zip. One is of 18/10/14 and the other is of 15/01/15. Both of them happened with 14.4 WHQL installed only.

So we cannot be sure that it is the behavior there irrespective of the driver version installed. Try Download AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL Driver ... see how it goes. Let us see any BSOD with this driver installed (not suggesting you to get the latest 14.12, intentionally).

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us.

Also, make it sure that the hardware acceleration is turned off in Firefox. Firefox GPU Hardware Acceleration - Turn On or Off

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358504-bsod-atikmdag-sys-error-brand-new-gpu.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I have tried all the solutions available online to correct this problem of constant BSOD when playing games and really need some help.
I just brought a new graphics card Asus R7 260x and used the ati autodetect toold to install the latest driver for it.
I have attached DM log collector file below.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:BSOD Playing Games, Atikmdag.sys Please help

First and foremost you need to update Windows to Service Pack 1 via Windows Updates.

Code:
Host Name: HOME
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Pritesh
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497
Original Install Date: 5/11/2014, 10:53:23 PM
System Boot Time: 9/19/2014, 12:06:46 PM
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: All Series
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~2278 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 0607, 9/17/2013

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346102-bsod-playing-games-atikmdag-sys-please-help.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I have a new HP Probook s with these specs Intel Core i - M GHz GB DDR AMD Radeon HD M GB GDDR switchable graphics running Windows Ultimate atikmdag.sys BSOD games, after exiting x Everything works OK but I keep getting BSOD's after exiting various games like FIFA Prototype but some games work normally I always set BSOD after exiting games, atikmdag.sys games to high performance in switchable graphics options and they all run fine without trouble The BSOD always shows atikmdag sys as the problem I have searched for solutions on this and found out that there can be a lot of things that can set off this error I reinstalled graphic drivers for the Radeon and also Intel HD which I can only get from HP's page I tried to get the drivers directly from AMD but there is no drivers at all for my card there I also tried the method where you copy and extend atikmdag sy but with no luck So the two main things about it is that it always occurs at the same time right after I exit the game and it always shows atikmdag sys to be the problem I have added the minidump files Please help me resolve this

A:BSOD after exiting games, atikmdag.sys

Hi,

Do not use 2 antiviruses on your computer, they will be conflicting anyway.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Comodo Public:Start Menu\Programs\Comodo Public
Start Menu\Programs\Comodo\COMODO Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Comodo\COMODO Internet Security Public
Comodo contributes in BSODs, please uninstall it. Look for relevant uninstaller in Google or uninstall with Revo Uninstallers advanced mode.

Recommended antivirus program for Windows 7 based on stability compared to others:- Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Malwarebytes - The Free version
Good and Free system security combination.
Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Code:
Gonilnik c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6237, 319,00 KB (326.656 B), 13.10.2011 23:52)
You need to install the latest drivers for your graphic card (manufacturers website or filehippo.com. Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to ATI, then delete remnants of its driver using Driver Sweeper. Avoid Catalyst Control Center while installing the latest drivers.

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Free up your start-up, keep nothing except MSE:Startup Programs - Change
Let us know the results and further BSODs if any

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260591-bsod-after-exiting-games-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer was fine until recently I moved out of my college dorm and in with one of my friends my computer would crash to related Random BSOD atikmdag.sys to a blackscreen at random points after i opened Random BSOD related to atikmdag.sys the desktop app I fiddled Random BSOD related to atikmdag.sys with startup settings and deleted all recently installed apps and drivers reinstalling drivers afterwards and it appeared to have solved the problem A few days later i went to play minecraft and while it was trying to load the map data the game bluescreened giving me the dpc watchdog timer error At first it was only when trying to load minecraft but it has since progressed to almost any game heart of the swarm starcraft randomly dark souls randomly etc but now it is happening at random times when there absolutley no programs running ill leave the room and come back to find my computer on the login screen when i run whocrashed afterwards it creates to reports at each time of a bsod one of them saying it doesnt know what caused it the other says the likeley cause is the atikmdag sys Ive uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers i could think of and combed the forums looking for people with a similar problem and although ive found several similar nothing ive found has solved the problem including deleting all of the amd drivers and reinstalling them without catalyst and with catalyst This is about to convince me to go back to windows although i love windows and it worked wonderfully until i moved Im a junior electrical engineering student so i know enough about computers to get by but please explain any possible fixes well

A:Random BSOD related to atikmdag.sys

We've seen a number of BSOD issues with SSD's. Here's the information that I've compiled so far:

There's not a whole bunch available to test SSD's. The "easiest" test is to remove the SSD, install a platter-based hard drive, install Windows and test for stability that way.

Here's some suggestions:
- Update the SSD's firmware to the latest available version (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
- Update the motherboard controllers drivers to the latest available version from the controller manufacturer (NOT the mobo manufacturer unless you can't find any on the controller manufacturer's website). Be sure to update ALL controllers on the motherboard! I STRONGLY suggest not using controller drivers older than mid-2012 with SSD's.
- Slow the memory (RAM) down to the next slower speed (I've only seen one person who claimed that this worked for them).
- Use any manufacturer's utilities that you may have. If you don't have any, then try this free one (I haven't used it myself): Crystal Dew World
....NOTE: Recently (Nov 2011) we had BSOD issues with the Marvell 91xx controller and an SSD. You may have to switch controllers also.
- Replace the SSD with a platter based hard drive and see if that stops the BSOD's. If it does, then it's likely that there's a problem with the SSD OR an incompatibility with your system.
06 Dec 2011 - This post tends to confirm issues with certain SSD chipsets and certain controllers - [SOLVED] cant find the cause of BSOD F4 - Tech Support Forum
05 Jan 2013 - very interesting post about difficulties with the Marvell controllers even when not connected to the SSD drives: https://www.eightforums.com/bsod-cra...tml#post169956
27 Feb 2013 - I'm starting to see much better reliability with SSD's using current (mid-2012 and later) storage drivers. I have withdrawn my objections to using these devices in everyday systems.

Unusual pattern of errors here. They seem to point at both your mouse and your video.
Let's start with the mouse driver first. If you don't need any special features on your mouse, just uninstall the mouse software and use the Windows drivers (it's a Primax/Dell USB Optical Mouse driver ). If you do need the features, then:
- download a fresh copy of the latest, Win8 compatible drivers from the manufacturer's website
- uninstall the current drivers
- install the freshly downloaded drivers
- monitor for further BSOD's

As for the video errors, start with this:
AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure - Sysnative Forums

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Un-install". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

Then try the fixes listed here: Video TDR Timeout - 0x116 + 0x117 - Sysnative Forums

Let's see how that works. If the BSOD's continue, please post back for further suggestions.

Please update thes... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/22402-random-bsod-related-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have SONY VAIO VPCEC35FG Laptop with ati mobility radeon hd 5650 gpu,i m getting atikmdag.sys error BSOD at startup.
I have tried 12.1,13.11,13.12,14.4,14.9,14.11,14.12 version of the drivers, i have tried the expanding and copying the atikmda.sy_ file from the amd folder method but still getting this error.

the problem started initially when i updated my driver from 13.11 to 14.12 , intially i was not getting any error ,then while playing games my screen froze and crashed , i tried and uninstalled the 14.12 driver and installed 13.12 it was working for a while smoothly until 2 days ago when i started getting BSOD at startup,
i have formatted the pc and reinstalled windows still when i install the ati drivers it gives atikmdag.sys error at startup.

I have uploaded the dump files pls help me out .

A:atikmdag.sys error BSOD at startup

Try using the one that Sony offers, I know it's older but that may be what you have to deal with right now,

Graphics Driver (ATI) Update version 8.723.8.2 : Download : Sony India

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359697-atikmdag-sys-error-bsod-startup.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello.
When I had formated my computer few weeks ago I started to have some BSODs.
It appears when I browse something. It crashes especially with .gif formats and facebook auto-videos. It never does when I play any game.
I tried to uninstal my AMD drivers and install again but without any results.
I did this with this tutorial: How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System

My pc specs (if needed):
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro 4
Videocard: Radeon HD7850 PowerColor
Processor: Intel Core i5 4460
Memory: Crosshair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz
Storage: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB SSD + Seagate 1TB
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart SE Modular 530W

JAKOPF-2015-06-30_170639,46.zip

A:Browser BSOD (SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED, atikmdag)

Hi zioex,

Welcome to the 8forums.

I have analysed the crash.
The cause of the crash is your ATI Video Driver, please update this driver AMD Drivers

Code:
******************************************************************************** *
* Bugcheck Analysis *
happening.
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff8011efa9dbb, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: ffffd00122d4b1b8, Exception Record Address
Arg4: ffffd00122d4a9c0, Context Record Address
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - De instructie op 0x%08lx verwijst naar geheugen op 0x%08lx. Een lees- of schrijfbewerking op het geheugen is mislukt: %s.
FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+c7dbb
fffff801`1efa9dbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h]
EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffd00122d4b1b8 -- (.exr 0xffffd00122d4b1b8)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8011efa9dbb (atikmdag+0x00000000000c7dbb)
CONTEXT: ffffd00122d4a9c0 -- (.cxr 0xffffd00122d4a9c0;r)
rip=fffff8011efa9dbb rsp=ffffd00122d4b3f0 rbp=ffffe001dfdb9060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f4188c8000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff8011e850447 r12=ffffe001e03fb500 r13=ffffe001df75eb40
r14=ffffe001e1fd8010 r15=fffff8011eee2000
atikmdag+0xc7dbb:
fffff801`1efa9dbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Last set context:
rip=fffff8011efa9dbb rsp=ffffd00122d4b3f0 rbp=ffffe001dfdb9060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f4188c8000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff8011e850447 r12=ffffe001e03fb500 r13=ffffe001df75eb40
r14=ffffe001e1fd8010 r15=fffff8011eee2000
atikmdag+0xc7dbb:
fffff801`1efa9dbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Resetting default scope
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - De instructie op 0x%08lx verwijst naar geheugen op 0x%08lx. Een lees- of schrijfbewerking op het geheugen is mislukt: %s.
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 00000000000006a8
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8035b579138
unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart
unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes
00000000000006a8
FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+c7dbb
fffff801`1efa9dbb 488b... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68005-browser-bsod-system_thread_not_handled-atikmdag.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

Really need some help with this.
My Alienware M18X R2 laptop keeps getting this BSOD atikmdag.sys when the driver installs.
I;ve tried the following:

System restore
Various drivers from both Dell/AMD site.
Complete resintall of OS.
CC cleaner.
DDU uninstall for AMD drivers.

What I've noticed is that the BSOD only happens when installing the driver on the second GPU
The main card runs fine but to install the driver I have to do it via device manager and disable/uninstall the second GPU so that i can get the driver on without a BSOD.
These are 7970m crossfire cards.

I've attached the .dmp files so please any info on this would be great. I'm pretty much at my witts end here.

Cheers.

A:BSOD atikmdag.sys system_thread_service_exception. 7970m.

Hi STEVEN3108,

Welcome to the 8forums.

You mean you didn't install the drivers from your manufacturer Alienware?
Laptop manufacturers alter their drivers in such a way that you're forced to only install their drivers. Other drivers won't function properly.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/72218-bsod-atikmdag-sys-system_thread_service_exception-7970m.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys so this BSOD started happening - BSOD when atikmdag.sys Only gaming. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA months ago it happens only when i play games not to a specific game At first i got ntoskrnl exe BSOD and did research to fix it and never got ntoskrnl exe BSOD's so thats fixed all of the rest are atikmdag sys used software WhoCrashed to find out This is the error description from the Who Crashed Software crash dump file C WINDOWS memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module atikmdag sys atikmdag x B Bugcheck code x atikmdag.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD Only when gaming. xFFFFD A x xFFFFF A B B x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C WINDOWS System DriverStore FileRepository c inf amd ece e a atikmdag sys product ATI Radeon Family company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver atikmdag.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD Only when gaming. Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver atikmdag sys ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Google query Advanced Micro Devices Inc PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63905-atikmdag-sys-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-bsod-only-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello
Since at least 2 months I have a problem with BSOD under windows 7 32-but ultimate.
2 x Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD6990
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2,33GHz/1333MHz
DDR2 2GB PC800
HITACHI 320GB
Chieftec BPS-1200C 1200W
Graphic cards are used at 99% for oclhashcat calculations and BSOD happen every 10-14 days.
I've already tested hdd and memory. There was a logical error on hdd detected today, but now it is solved. Anyway I also took memory module from another PC (works well non-stop since few months) and we will see if it helps.
Please kindly take a look on attached files.

http://www.bestgsm.com/BSOD.zip

Best Regards
Wojtek

A:BSOD atikmdag.sys error on 2 x HD6990

The graphics card drivers appear to be corrupted. Please re-install the drivers using the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For AMD:Uninstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager if it is listed (this should remove all AMD graphics software and drivers)
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers:Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the driver you selected for the display cards once Windows starts

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229154-bsod-atikmdag-sys-error-2-x-hd6990.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hi sevenforums,

ive been having this bsod when im playing in full screen mode. i tried several troubleshoot 1. expanding atikmdag.sy_ 2. uninstalling amd drivers and installing a new one. 3. clean install ( i just reformatted my pc) but still i get this problem after 10-30min onf playing full screen. i dont know what else to do so please help me. i uploaded the file from dm collector.

mobo: crosshair 3 formula
proc: amd x4 965
vcard: sapphire HD 7770
Ram: 8gb
thank you and any help will be much appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/402640-atikmdag-sys-stop-0x00000050-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.03%

system BSODs fairly frequently, I think usually while watching youtube but sometimes when switching from remote desktop connection to local login. dump seems to point to graphics driver but I've tried updating a few times already.

? OS - Windows 8 Pro
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
? What was original installed OS on system? self-built
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? upgrade + WMC
? Age of system (hardware): about 1yr I think
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? installed around November 2012 iirc. Never reinstalled

? CPU - Intel i5-2500k
? Video Card - AMD Radeon HD6800
? MotherBoard - Azrock extreme3 gen3
? Power Supply - brand & wattage - Antec 650w

? System Manufacturer - built from parts
? Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - na

A:frequent Win 8 BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER atikmdag.sys

We have seen a number of problems with systems running old BIOS versions on Windows 8. I would recommend starting with a BIOS update: Z68 Motherboard Series Manufacturing - ASRock Inc.

Quote:

WARNING:BIOS updating is a risky endeavor, so be sure to follow the manufacturer's guide exactly. Failure to do so can result in your system being unable to boot or even turn on. Also, NEVER INTERRUPT a BIOS flash in progress for any reason.

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/frequent-win-8-bsod-bad_pool_header-atikmdag-sys-686161.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone After a long time of trying to fix this problem by myself i turn to the pro's for help I've been errors during atikmdag.sys other and gaming BSOD having a lot of BSOD errors while playing games and occasionally during browsing playing movies on my pc The most common error messages include BAD POOL CALLER PAGE BSOD atikmdag.sys and other errors during gaming FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA IRQL NO LESS OR EQUAL Atikmdag sys error After some research i thought it might be the RAM so i went BSOD atikmdag.sys and other errors during gaming to the pc shop and my RAM was still under warranty so they gave me a new one and the problem seemed to have gone for a short time then it came back and has been haunting me ever since It usually occurs during gaming the pc eithers shows a BSOD or the sound loops and the screen is full of blue red green lines or it just resets I added some minidump files of the latest crashes hope it helps to determine the problem Might it have something to do with my old BIOS version dated Basicly i find it very hard to determine whether the problem is hard- or software related I would be thankful if anyone could help me on the way to finally fix this dreaded troubles I'll be glad to provide any more info if required Grtz from Belgium

A:BSOD atikmdag.sys and other errors during gaming

Hello Eljadin. Welcome to Seven Forums.
If you would like for us to be able to effectively help you, we will need you to follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html Please be sure to do each step, as outlined in the tutorial. By doing this, we will have the necessary information to help you.

Also, I was unable to obtain any useful information from your .dmp files.

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

Your crash reports indicate a possible problem with your Windows installation. Please follow the Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions. Post the results in your next post; do not start a new thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237399-bsod-atikmdag-sys-other-errors-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I would like to know what to do. I have expanded, i have installed drives and stuff and nothing works, i really want to know how to solve because i don't want to buy another pc

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389725-bsod-when-starting-my-pc-atikmdag-sys-sy-error.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I'm currently using my computer on safe mode with networking. It seems to be working so I feel it's more of a software issue than hardware.

recently I've been getting BSOD's and driver crashes. I tried updating drivers and they still persist. I'm also getting weird vertical lines that occur every once in a while which then lead to a BSOD. Note: I've always gotten vertical lines but they eventually go away until I restart.

I have uploaded my logs, thanks for the help in advance.

My graphics card is 7750 HD

A:BSOD when logging in, error atikmdag.sys

been also hearing some weird sound distortions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362985-bsod-when-logging-error-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I was running Windows Bit Home Premium OEM on my Sony Vaio VCPEB FG I recently upgraded to Windows and in about weeks down I started getting BSOD Videos Failure ATIKMDAG SYS and after a couple of restart it would work for a day or 10 Windows (ATIKMDAG.SYS) after to BSOD upgrading Again the BSOD would appear So then using the Sony Vaio's builting in ASSIST I set the laptop to original factory setting which ofcourse formatted the laptop and when it restarted after installation of windows completed I still got the BSOD Screenshot attached I tried the ASSIST again and begun from the start the BSOD won't go away and the laptop won't start to complete the installation process I tried to start in SAFE MODE but since it is a new installation Windows says BSOD (ATIKMDAG.SYS) after upgrading to Windows 10 quot Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode To continue installing Windows restart this computer quot Hence in a loop of only attached BSOD I am lost and BSOD (ATIKMDAG.SYS) after upgrading to Windows 10 need help I am a graphic designer and this is my workstation Thanks in advance

A:BSOD (ATIKMDAG.SYS) after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi whosanemania,

Welcome to the 7forums.

I understand you can't boot into Windows at all?
The 0x116 indicates a graphical problem, either drivers or the GPU and everything related to the GPU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384692-bsod-atikmdag-sys-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have run the Lenovo system checkups and everything was fine on that side. No other anomalies or odd events have led up to the BSODs. Today was my 4th in about two weeks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389961-random-bsod-error-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

system BSODs fairly frequently, I think usually while watching youtube but sometimes when switching from remote desktop connection to local login. dump seems to point to graphics driver but I've tried updating a few times already. I have also tried the disk tests provided by the vendors, as well as memtest overnight, nothing seems to help so far.

This has been happening since pretty much first day of putting windows 8 on the system.

A:frequent Win 8 BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER atikmdag.sys

Check this post about cards that underclock themselves - could this be an issue with your card?
Interesting concept - underclocking causing BSOD's at idle
My point is that auto-underclocking may cause problems - see if you can stop your card from doing this at idle

Your BIOS dates from 2011. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard.

You have 5 hard drives. What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power supply?

This device is disabled:

AGN Virtual Network Adapter ROOT\NET\0000 This device is disabled.

Please either remove it from the system - or enable it, update it, and then disable it again.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

secuwh.sys Fri Jun 19 10:34:41 2009 (4A3BA201)
Samsung Mobile USB Modem driverssecuwh.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

agnfilt.sys Mon Aug 9 11:51:52 2010 (4C602418)
AT&T Global Network Firewall
agnfilt.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 19:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

ssadwh.sys Thu May 12 09:06:44 2011 (4DCBDB64)
SAMSUNG Android USB Modem
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ssadwh.sys

ssadcm.sys Thu May 12 09:09:45 2011 (4DCBDC19)
SAMSUNG Android USB Modem
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ssadcm.sys

Rt630x64.sys Wed Oct 19 08:12:55 2011 (4E9EBEC7)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu Feb 7 08:34:55.163 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\020713-28688-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16461.amd64fre.win8_gdr.121119-1606
System Uptime:1 days 13:31:14.470
Probably caused by :Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+3c4 )
BugCheck 19, {23, f6, 0, fffffa80129044b0}
BugCheck Info: BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000023,
Arg2: 00000000000000f6
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: fffffa80129044b0
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_23
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x19_23_nt!ExFreePool
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3300
CurrentSpeed: 3300
BIOS Version P1.30
BIOS Release Date 11/22/2011
Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Product Name To Be Filled By O.E.M.
**************************Tue Feb 5 19:00:52.066 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\020513-39608-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16461.amd64fre.win8_gdr.121119-1606
System Uptime:1 days 6:22:54.692
Probably caused by :Pool_Corruption ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/19937-frequent-win-8-bsod-bad_pool_header-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey folks, my system has started getting the BSOD lately. Only happens when Im playing a game or watching a DVD, and seems to occur randomly, sometimes after 5 mins sometimes after a few hours.

The BSOD always states one of the three files in the post title (atikmdag.sys, atimpag.sys, dxgmms1.sys.) I have tried updating the graphics driver by removing the old driver with driver sweeper and updating to the latest version, and have also checked that my DirectX Is up to date.

My system isnt overclocked and my graphics card is sitting at around 40 DegC according to Catalyst Control Center so I dont think its overheating.

I have attached the files stated in the BSOD posting tutorial (minidumps + Performance Moniter Report) I'm about to run memtest and driver verifier and will post back with the results.

Cheers,
Bazz891

A:BSOD - atikmdag.sys, atimpag.sys, dxgmms1.sys.

Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the latest drivers for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters

Install the latest driver for the display cards once Windows starts

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Download the latest drivers for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters

Install the latest driver for the display cards once Windows starts

The crash you are experiencing is also known to be caused by ZoneAlarm. Please remove the software, at least to test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214029-bsod-atikmdag-sys-atimpag-sys-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all I have been experincing random complete freezes on my computer ever since i put it machine end high atikmdag.sys on BSOD together about a year ago up until recently these freezes did not proceed to a BSOD the computer would simply sit there completely frozen buzzing sound in the headphones if i had been watching listening to something prior to the crash and so I had little to work with regarding tracking down the problem I posted a thread on here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t random-complete-freezes-on-high-end-machine but with little to go one noone was really able to help Recently these freezes BSOD atikmdag.sys on high end machine have been happening more often and the last few have proceeded almost immediately to a BSOD identifying atikmdag sys as the culprit I have investigated this and it turns out to be an AMD graphics driver however as I have always suspected it was something to do with the graphics card or drivers I have already performed all the obvious fixes i can think of My most recent attempt was to use this to completely remove my graphic driver http www guru d com files-details display-driver-uninstaller-download html and then I used windows own installer to install the drivers from the AMD download via the drivers - gt update driver dialogue because there is a long standing issue with AMDs own installer being unable to work on windows -bit Here is my speccy dump - gt http speccy piriform com results Dm jVUYjupXJMfgMsH yp J Can anyone help This is my computer that I use to do my PhD work on and as it stands it is almost becoming unusable crashed twice in the last half hour Thanks Ben

A:BSOD atikmdag.sys on high end machine

Preempting what seems to be the first reply on most BSOD threads, here is my MiniToolBox report. I checked List last 10 Event Viewer Errors, List Installed Programs, List Users, Partititions and Memory size and List Minidump files.

For some reason it says 'No Minidump file found' when there are 5 in the C:/Windows/Minidump directory...is this wrong?

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 21-07-2014
Ran by bb308 (administrator) on 12-09-2014 at 15:35:34
Running from "G:\Documents\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal
========================= Event log errors: ===============================
Application errors:
==================
Error: (09/12/2014 03:00:58 AM) (Source: Symantec AntiVirus) (User: )
Description: Security Risk Found!Tracking Cookies in File: m.webtrends.com by: Scheduled scan.  Action: Delete succeeded.  Action Description: The file was deleted successfully.
Error: (09/12/2014 01:21:33 AM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest1".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest2" on line C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest3.
A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active.
Conflicting components are:.
Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.
Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest.
Error: (09/11/2014 07:29:33 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons:
there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage
drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing.
Windows closed the program Notepad++ : a free (GNU) source code editor because of this error.
Program: Notepad++ : a free (GNU) source code editor
File:
The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again.
This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network,
your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for
further assistance.
Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0
Error: (09/11/2014 07:29:33 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: notepad++.exe, version: 6.1.2.0, time stamp: 0x4f99b8c5
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x097bfcb1
Faulting process id: 0x16c8
Faulting application start time: 0xnotepad++.exe0
Faulting application path: notepad++.exe1
Faulting module path: notepad++.exe2
Report Id: notepad++.exe3
Error: ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547896/bsod-atikmdagsys-on-high-end-machine/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

I was having BSODs a few times in a week (sometimes a few times in a day), I was aware that they were because of my graphics card drivers, I searched for a solution on the internet for some time, but nothing worked. (Using old gfx drivers etc.)

Interestingly, I had realised they were always happening when Firefox was open, so I started using Chrome; and they had ceased to happen.

Later I had to change my motherboard and cpu; clean Windows installation... And started using Firefox again, hoping for it won't happen again...

But it did when I was playing game and Firefox was also open... Again...

So here are my info files...

A:bsod because of atikmdag and other gfx driver things

Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then install the CCC 14.4 WHQL only.

When done, stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

Code:
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 406f8, fffff8800f7ef94a}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+17594a )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: 0000000080050033
Arg3: 00000000000406f8
Arg4: fffff8800f7ef94a

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: DragonAge2.exe

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030d8e69 to fffff800030d98c0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00ba2d28 fffff800`030d8e69 : 00000000`0000007f 00000000`00000008 00000000`80050033 00000000`000406f8 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00ba2d30 fffff800`030d7332 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff800`00ba2e70 fffff880`0f7ef94a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+0xb2
fffff880`060eed18 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : atikmdag+0x17594a
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+17594a
fffff880`0f7ef94a 488b6c2458 mov rbp,qword ptr [rsp+58h]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmdag+17594a

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmdag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmdag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 546ea3c3

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_atikmdag+17594a

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_atikmdag+17594a

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x7f_8_atikmdag+17594a

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {139f76c7-b39c-e830-616c-c144da8f8aeb}

---------

0: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`0f67a000 fffff880`108fe000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Fri Nov 21 08:00:27 2014 (546EA3C3)
CheckSum: 0121F198
ImageSize: 01284000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373792-bsod-because-atikmdag-other-gfx-driver-things.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone, Windows 8.1 laptop and i get BSOD for atikmdag.sys. The other issue is when i use the tool that you provided it does everything but when it comes to the zip file nothing is in it. Yes i am giving it admin rights.

RICANSLAP-Sat_02_28_2015_101632_00.zip

A:BSOD random 3 times a day. atikmdag.sys

Hi joejoe20 ^_^,

Could you please ZIP up the Dump files available at the below folder?

Code:
C:\Windows\Minidumps

Make sure you copy the dump files to some place else and then ZIP them up and upload in your next post. Let me know how it goes ^_^

-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62307-bsod-random-3-times-day-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys,

I have got a problem with my graphics card.
There was an update for my graphics card and I did not feel bad about updating this.
Since last midnight (after that update) then my computer freezes after couple of minutes (when I boot normaly) and I get a BSOD immediately. But when I uninstall those graphics card drivers or I reboot to safe then it's all fine.

I have uploaded a .zip file following your instructions.

Greets
Rikune

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396170-bsod-after-installing-new-amd-driver-problem-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey! I have recently started getting 0-3 BSODs per day, with a program called WhoCrashed I have managed to figure out it is caused by atikmdag.sys but BlueScreenView says there are always ntoskrnl.exe + random driver causing the crash. I couldn't attach the minidump file because it says I don't have the rights to open it..

EDIT: Got this information from WhoCrashed

On Sat 5.7.2014 17:06:07 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070514-17238-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0xC7DBB)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF88011164DBB, 0xFFFFF88006944228, 0xFFFFF88006943A80)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver

A:BSOD at random situations caused by atikmdag.sys

Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, let the tool run until it has completely finished and then upload the new logs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336910-bsod-random-situations-caused-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Guys,

Getting random bluescreens (A01) always related to the above file.

I have recently bought a new ati card (R9 290, Gigabyte) which may/may not be related to this issue.

I have performed a reinstall of windows, which helped this issue for about 24 hours and then it started again.

As per the bsod post rule I have ran the file which generates the zip with all the info and you can find that attached.

EDIT: Sorry guys, just noticed I put this in the wrong section...If someone can move it to blue screen help that would be great.

Regards, Nick
(Moltenz)

A:BSOD at random situations caused by atikmdag.sys A01

Quote: Originally Posted by moltenz

I have recently bought a new ati card (R9 290, Gigabyte) which may/may not be related to this issue.

This issue is related to AMD graphics only.

Code:

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+28ece )

---------
Stop 0xA0000001 is a custom bugcheck inherent in AMD/ATI display environment. Let us try another version of the display driver. As you are using CCC 14.4 WHQL, and R9 cards does not support a driver below 13.12 WHQL, let us try that one.
Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller.
Then install 13.12 WHQL.
Let us know how it is running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346326-bsod-random-situations-caused-atikmdag-sys-a01.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Last week i bought the system unit. I personally installed the OS.
Temperatures are 50deg  celsiy at times normally 47ish, video card drivers are up to date, passed all whenever i play a game memory hits 70percent in CPU meter.PLEASE HELP ME! 
Specs:
Motherboard: MSI A78-E45
CPU: AMD A-10 7850k Radeon 7 graphics 3.7 ghz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: none
PSU: Generic 700w
HDD: Toshiba 500GB 7200rpm

Always having a BSOD atikmdag.sys atikmpag.sys dxgkrnl.sys ntkrnlpa.exe. randomly
games i play
Dota 2
Tiny and Big Granpa's

A:BSOD atikmdag.sys atikmpag.sys dxgkrnl.sys ntkrnlpa.exe

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 25-06-2014
Ran by StvnMrk (administrator) on 03-07-2014 at 10:38:02
Running from "C:\Users\StvnMrk\Downloads\Programs"
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  Service Pack 1 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal
========================= Flush DNS: ===================================
Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================
Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.
"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.
========================= FF Proxy Settings: ==============================
"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.
========================= Hosts content: =================================
========================= IP Configuration: ================================
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller = Local Area Connection (Connected)
# ----------------------------------
# IPv4 Configuration
# ----------------------------------
pushd interface ipv4
reset
set global icmpredirects=enabled
popd
# End of IPv4 configuration
Windows IP Configuration
   Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : StvnMrk-PC
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : smartbro.net
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : smartbro.net
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-01-2E-49-46-B7
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::8d5d:f44f:2afa:d283%11(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.231.253(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.224.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, July 03, 2014 10:34:13 AM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:34:12 AM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.224.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.224.1
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 239372891
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1B-45-92-8C-44-8A-5B-61-B4-E0
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 121.1.3.82
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Tunnel adapter isatap.smartbro.net:
   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : smartbro.net
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . .... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539745/bsod-atikmdagsys-atikmpagsys-dxgkrnlsys-ntkrnlpaexe/