Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset

Q: Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days I have a dell xps with water cooling the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs I have a dual boot setup with - gig hard drives Vista Ulti and Win Pro I have a qx extreme chip and gtx video cards gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card Drivers were all updated reset 7 Windows ro 64 hard requires Freezes Everything was running pretty good after the inital install a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW vista does the same thing occassionally After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem Then the freezes became more often And can happen at anytime sitting at desktop gaming or surfing internet My descent setup is now crap Currently I used driver sweeper Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset and removed the nvidia display drivers and am now running windows display driver WDDMV and these didnt fix it either Any help would be appreciated Thx

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset

Quote: Originally Posted by Serbsniper

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days. I have a dell 730 xps with water cooling, the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs. I have a dual boot setup with 2-500 gig hard drives, Vista 32 Ulti and Win 7 Pro 64. I have a qx9650 extreme chip and 2 gtx 280 video cards, 8 gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card. Drivers were all updated. Everything was running pretty good after the inital install, a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW, vista 32 does the same thing, occassionally. After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board, this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech, they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem. Then the freezes became more often. And can happen at anytime, sitting at desktop, gaming or surfing internet. My descent setup is now crap. Currently I used driver sweeper 2.1.0 and removed the nvidia display drivers, and am now running windows display driver 8.15.11.8593 5/14/09 WDDMV 1.1 and these didnt fix it either. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Hi and welcome

We are going to need a ton more info before we can be of much use to you.

First thing we want to do is look in event viewer. Next time you freeze type eventvwr in search. goto the windows log>application tab. You want to look for errors ( they have red "X" in the left hand column). when you find them and you will, use the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search) to make screenshot and upload it using the attadchment icon( shaped like a paperclip) on the reply form

See Pics
Let us know if you need help with that

ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/45204-windows-7-ro-64-freezes-requires-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello im quite new to this forum so please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp reset. Computer freezes, hard requires

A:Computer freezes, requires hard reset.

Bumping for reply!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-requires-hard-reset.962745/
Relevancy 96.75%

Originally I thought my issue was game or even driver specific but I ran into it again on a different game today so I figured I should ask on here So here goes My issue is that my computer will randomly freeze sometimes while playing games and its usually in locations that aren't really graphics intensive The three places it's happened so far are World of Warcraft multiple times several of those in the same area Arma only once and now Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta twice in the same area I originally Computer - Hard Sound Requires Freezes Continues Reset - thought it was just an issue with World of Warcraft but then it happened on Arma and after a while it stopped happening altogether Just today I tried the Division Open Beta and it happened again I can still hear sound just Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset fine which in and of itself isnt that strange a sound file could be really long and just continue to play while the computer is frozen but I can still hear people talking over VOIP too however unlike other similar issues that I've read about I cannot interact with the program at all Clicking pushing buttons etc do not produce any new sounds and the people on VOIP cannot hear me talking to them I cannot alt-tab ctrl alt del or really do anything I have to hard reboot What drives me insane is that no errors show up in Event Viewer or even in WhoCrashed so I have no idea what is causing it I have an Antec W PSU so I dont think it's a lack of power I've read around and didnt see anything that helped and the few threads I saw that were similar didn't sound like my issue Here's what Ive tried -Updating graphics drivers clean installation-Ccleaner-Checking Event Viewer nothing shows up there were event logs for Nvlddmkm crashes but the critical crashes produce no events except loss of power to the kernel when I hard reset -Turning off power save in the Ethernet adapter options-Benchmarking drives via Defraggler both turned up GOOD -Ran mdsched with passes returned no issues -Rolling back graphics driversIm running a GTX with GB RAM on an i k bit Windows I think the CPU has been factory overclocked from GHz to GHz since I get an error message saying overclocking failed whenever I hard reboot my computer Ive read people suggesting a mobo issue but really I'd like to see if there's anything else it could be since Im not really in a position to replace my mobo right now I can post dxdiag and msinfo reports if needed Thanks for your help

A:Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset

I should note that turning all the settings down from High (auto-detected) to Medium kept me from crashing in that area, and turning down one of the settings on WoW has kept me from crashing since too, but why are graphics causing my whole computer to freeze? Especially on a GTX 770?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606010/computer-freezes-sound-continues-requires-hard-reset/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have been having problems with my system freezing - some programs may still run the system off or Freezes - System power requires reset clock will freeze but a sidebar gadget showing the time in scotland will show the correct time my downloads may also continue System Freezes - requires reset or power off and when i have to do a hard reset the raid may have to be rebuilt It seemed to be random but i noticed that most of the freezes were occurring when i was installing programs and to a lesser extent when i was trying to control the computer with realvnc at first i thought it was a hard drive problem i had a stripe raid as the system drive or the cables connecting them i swapped cables i thought maybe i had faulty cables and a crash had broken system files as my raid was a stripe i reformatted everything and configured the raid stripe to a raid mirror and reinstalled everything - still crashing i removed drive - drive would crash removed drive and drive would crash so i don't believe my problem is hardware I have found a program that almost crashes my system - videoinspector exe when i try to install it the first window is okay select language i choose english and click next then then my system crashes explorer i can write this in firefox but i can't click on the start button or the taskbar if i cancel the installation i can then use the taskbar this may just be a rogue program but it is a problem that i can reproduce and i have have full freezes installing programs - last night a j river media player install froze completely occasionally realvnc crashes to both screens are completely black and i have to power down - these may be related let me know if i have provided too much information or not enough i hope you can help - i like the system but i crave reliability - i have raids in my system - two raid and mirror - i also have a drive for backups a total of drives - i don't like the system freezing and having to rebuild my raids all the time obviously it is time consuming but more importantly my data is at risk thank you for reading this and i hope you can help

A:System Freezes - requires reset or power off

Quote: Originally Posted by ethereal9

I have been having problems with my system freezing - some programs may still run (the system clock will freeze but a sidebar gadget showing the time in scotland will show the correct time, my downloads may also continue and when i have to do a hard reset? the raid may have to be rebuilt).

It seemed to be random but i noticed that most of the freezes were occurring when i was installing programs and to a lesser extent when i was trying to control the computer with realvnc.

at first i thought it was a hard drive problem (i had a stripe raid as the system drive) or the cables connecting them. (i swapped cables).

i thought maybe i had faulty cables and a crash had broken system files as my raid was a stripe.

i reformatted everything and configured the raid stripe to a raid mirror and reinstalled everything - still crashing.

i removed drive 0 - drive 1 would crash. removed drive 1 and drive 0 would crash.

so i don't believe my problem is hardware

I have found a program that almost crashes my system - videoinspector223.exe

when i try to install it the first window is okay (select language), i choose english and click next then then my system crashes (explorer?). i can write this in firefox but i can't click on the start button or the taskbar. if i cancel the installation i can then use the taskbar. (this may just be a rogue program but it is a problem that i can reproduce and i have have full freezes installing programs - last night a j river media player install froze completely.

occasionally realvnc crashes to both screens are completely black and i have to power down - these may be related.

let me know if i have provided too much information or not enough

i hope you can help - i like the system but i crave reliability - i have 3 raids in my system - two raid 5 and 1 mirror - i also have a drive for backups (a total of 9 drives) - i don't like the system freezing and having to rebuild my raids all the time (obviously it is time consuming but more importantly my data is at risk)

thank you for reading this and i hope you can help

Hi and welcome

can you type event viewer in search. go to the windows logs>application tab. Look for errors (red in left column) that relate to app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem. when you find them note the Event ID and course codes. relay them to use

Thanks

Kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/42090-system-freezes-requires-reset-power-off.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi as stated in the title I'm having awful trouble maintaining a stable internet connection It freezes regularly the windows network diagnostic which only runs when not frozen otherwise fix frequently, connection reset hard requires to Internet drops just sits on a looping progress bar when network issue occurs says quot Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings quot I switched from Chrome to Firefox thinking that might be the problem but the issue persists I don't believe I'm doing anything particularly network-intensive so I'm at a loss I don't think it's the router as other wireless devices work fine I'm connected through LAN via tplink homeplugs to an EE Brightbox router using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller if any of that helps I'd read that it may be something to do with router MTU settings or automatically assigning a DNS to the PC but I'm unsure how to change these settings I'll paste any relevant settings if anyone can advise me what commands to run Edit Also running AVG antivirus which I understand can cause problems

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62379-internet-connection-drops-frequently-requires-hard-reset-fix.html
Relevancy 73.1%

When I let my computer run unattended, usually but not always, it will freeze and I must manually shut it down and reboot. Often the laptop feels very warm as if it is locked in a infinite computing cycle. On two occasions, out of the blue, I have seen flashing lines and a frozen screen requiring manual shut down. The word and excel icons have been replaced with generic icons but work normally. Spinrite finds no hard drive problems and several antiviral programs detect no viruses.

Occasionally, when I must manually reboot, the cursor hangs in the upper left corner and the computer is totally unresponsive to any command including manual shut down. However, if I close and open the lid, windows start up is initiated.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

John

A:computer freezes and requires hard boot

check your memory and be sure to remove any dust inside your laptop to increase airflow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-and-requires-hard-boot.906417/
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok so I am going to try to explain this as thorougly as possible while trying not to sound like an idiot in requires Screen reboot randomly, hard Freezes the process Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot I am by no means computer savvy so anyone that has any advice will more than likely need to talk to me like a Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot th grader I am ok with Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot that Since installing a Windows Update about a month ago my screen will randomly lock up At times it will clear itself after a couple of seconds and state something to the effect that quot display driver amd has stopped working and recovered quot Other times it will stay frozen for about minutes and then will start functioning properly again More often than not though it will stay frozen indefinitely and require a hard reboot This happens during mundane activities No extreme gaming going on Generally it is while just browsing the net It tends to happen more often to my wife who uses it during the day to work through a VPN I don't believe there is any correlation though I have read multiple forums on the web and have tried several things from cleaning the registry to uninstalling the driver software and reinstalling it in safe mode The latter seemed to work last night but today my wife started having the same issue again I am attaching the file from the SF Diagnostic tool but it said I didn't have any dumps to log I'm sorry if that makes a suggestion more difficult Thank you in advance for any and all help I can get Brandon

A:Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot

See if you can get to the DMP's this way....

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229295-screen-freezes-randomly-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 72.67%

When I am on my computer usually about once a day my computer and screen will freeze, and I will need to hard restart my PC. I'm not getting a BSOD or anything.

PC Specs:
i7 2600k
GTX 680
8GB RAM
60GB SSD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850M PSU

A:Screen and Computer Freezes Requires Hard Restart

Check your temp readings in Bios. Also clean your tower out with a can of compressed air. Also Check your Hard drive to see if it is failing.

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-and-computer-freezes-requires-hard-restart-654449.html
Relevancy 71.38%

System locks up needs time before it can be restarted I have a newly built computer that locks up usually to min after booting usually I am browsing the internet then pages to Freezes, reset, until hard can have Windows 10 I 7 back then wait min Solved: boot won t load then my browser freezes and I can t Ctrl apt Del Then everything freezes and I have to hard reset but the computer won t boot up unless I Solved: Windows 7 Freezes, have to hard reset, then wait 10 min until I can boot back let it rest for min Everything in the computer is brand new I have it running the bare minimum stick of memory The hard drive I noticed in the bios that the v and v are low The v is running around The v is around I ve spent days trying different things any help would be greatly appreciated I have tested the CPU and even re installed it I have tested the memory it seems fine I have checked the wires I have reset the bios Its a new ultra watt PSU a new asus m a l-m lx plus mb An amd HD phenom ll x processor a wd blue gb hard drive hyperx red gb ddr memory modules a radeon hd GPU Running win nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 Freezes, have to hard reset, then wait 10 min until I can boot back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-freezes-have-to-hard-reset-then-wait-10-min-until-i-can-boot-back.1122176/
Relevancy 70.95%

Starting a few days ago When ever i booted my PC after about 3-5 minutes on it would freeze. After hard reboot I would either get BSOD or the monitor wouldn't work. I've ran a full scan with both avast and malwarebytes and I'm not infected. I'm running memtest now, 6 passes and no errors.

Memtest finished 7 passes not 1 error.. restarted system was fine til earlier when i got home.. turned on PC and few mins in it froze again. had to hard reboot a few times didn't get any BSOD this time.

A:Computer freezes multiply times on start up, requires hard reboot

still need help :l

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239672-computer-freezes-multiply-times-start-up-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 70.95%

So recently I've been this problem with my computer. It's always at a random time, it doesn't necessarily seem to have a specific pattern, but it always seems to happen when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. It could be connected, or it could happen at random, I'm not sure. Basically the computer completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being played endlessly. It NEVER crashes, and I do not ever receive a BSOD. I have tested, waiting over 15 minutes for it to do anything, it simply sits there and remains locked up and frozen until I hard restart my computer.

I have absolutely no idea what's causing this, as I've never had an issue with my computer like this, especially something that doesn't produce atleast an error or BSOD of some kind, so it's rather puzzling.

A:Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart

Hi and welcome to TSF please try either updating or reinstalling your sound and video drivers and let us know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-with-audio-loop-stutter-requires-hard-restart-701862.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,I have a HP Envy 17 laptop, it was bought with Windows 8, I updated it to Windows 10 last year.Due to progressing issues, I factory reset it, taking me back to Windows 8.After the reset (which ran smoothly), it requires me to input a new product key. I was not aware that I'd have to puchase a new one.I've attached a printscreen of the system window which states that my window is not activated.And this below is a screenshot of the details in Windows ActivationWhat can I do now? I cannot get hold of the original product key on the box.Any help will be much appreciated.

A:Windows 8 requires activation key after factory reset

I would advice you uninstall the window10 or you reset to factory setting lf you don't get activation key.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-8-requires-activation-key-after-factory-reset/td-p/5615534
Relevancy 66.22%

I quot upgraded quot power Freezes Requires Windows and 7 off to Wndows as I was re-formatting and figured it was a good idea at the time It has been no fun at all up to Windows 7 Freezes and Requires power off this point At first I noticed that if I left the machine on overnight with files and or browsers open when I came back in the morning it will have restarted sometime during the night and will be sitting on the log in screen I didn't worry too much about it but now it has decided to just freeze up First everything becomes un-clickable and then the cursor freezes up Ctrl-Alt-Dlt doesn't work so the only way to get out of it is to push and hold power and reboot that way I have read TONS of threads on here and other forums about this issue and I have done a great many of the suggested fixes such as - Switched to high performance power scheme - Updated Windows - Updated all drivers - Uninstalled Zone Alarm and replaced it with Kapersky - Forced the LAN to never go to sleep I checked the event log after one of the freezes and found multiple occurrences of the error that refers to SChannel Event i d - This happens even when I have no browser windows open - I am using Firefox - I have restored back to the earliest point but the machine hasn't really EVER been so there kind of is no good point to restore back to I was about to format and reload using bit version this time when I read that people had reinstalled and still had the problem I will provide more system info tomorrow providing I can keep the machine running long enough Thanks Mike

A:Windows 7 Freezes and Requires power off

Welcome!

Maybe a repair install will take care of the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71057-windows-7-freezes-requires-power-off.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello im quite new to this forum so Computer freezes, reset hard requiring please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up Computer freezes, requiring hard reset nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on Computer freezes, requiring hard reset my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp

A:Computer freezes, requiring hard reset

Ive recently installed Speedfan, and am now noticing my GPU runs at 65C whilst no games are running... any tips on getting this down? (Not a laptop)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-requiring-hard-reset.156649/
Relevancy 63.64%

My computer will freeze at random times when playing games like Halo 2, STALKER, Crysis, Far Cry 2, and Caesar 4. I don't think it is a heat problem since it will happen at random times and my dad's comp, which also has the same specs doesn't freeze. So I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out what is wrong. Specs are right here.

CPU: Core 2 Extreme QX6850
GPU: eVGA Nvidia 8800GT 512 Mb
RAM: 2Gb Corsair 800MHz
HDD: 500Gb SATA

A:Solved: PC freezes in game, requiring hard reset.

...and the make, model, and size of the power supply? (The most neglected, but most probable cause of your problem.)

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-freezes-in-game-requiring-hard-reset.774270/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have had this problem for months and now I am at the end of to causing permanently, me reset Computer freezes hard my tether Basically if I have to explain it this crash can happen any time any where Browsing the internet clicking an icon on the desktop playing a game watching a video or just leaving the computer sitting there It just stops instantly the clock stops all peripherals like my bluetooth dongle turn off however the screen doesnt loose its image itll just freeze on what it was on the power still functions and If I dont hard reset then It will sit there for hours doing nothing On rare occasions I get a blue screen very rare I dont know if its hardware or software Ive done RAM checks they all come out fine everythings upto date driver wise But this happened when I had vista installed now I have windows and its the same problem just alot more frequently at least once or twice a day or it wont Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset happen for days then out of nowhere bam computer crashes I used a program called everest to get Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset my computer specs but it got LOADS of info lines to be exact so I Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset dont know how Iam going to be able to tell you my specs as I cant put links in If I could Id place it in rapidshare rapidshare com files Report txt html nbsp

A:Computer freezes permanently, causing me to hard reset

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-permanently-causing-me-to-hard-reset.149502/
Relevancy 63.21%

I ordered this computer from CyberPower I ve listed the relevant specs below I ve read Freezes Locks, Logs, 7 BSOD Reboot, No & No Requires Event Windows a lot of other people having similar issues but there doesn t seem to be any concrete answers My computer randomly freezes and locks up requiring a hard reset to continue The everything Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD except the mouse freezes and then eventually the mouse will too The HDD light is inactive Event Viewer shows nothing except quot The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected quot This seems to happen at completely random intervals It usually happens when I m Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD browsing the web or watching a streaming video netflix but it has also happened while loading a program or not doing anything at all There have been only a couple consistencies It has never done this while playing a game I play Starcraft II and Battlefield While trying Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD to reinstall BF it has locked up the past times I ve tried to install the game I have reinstalled Windows Installed current drivers Run Memtest with no fails Run Intel s diagnosis software on the SSD with not issues I m assuming this is a hardware problem What further troubleshooting can I do to narrow down the suspects Thanks for the help While writing this post the computer crashed but this was different as I received the BSOD The following event log occurred at boot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x efb x d x xfffff eeb A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id I don t know if that is relevant or not Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -BitMotherboard CrossFireX GigaByte GA- A-D AMD Socket AM ATX Mainboard w On Off Charge Audio GbLAN USB SATA-III RAID Gen PCIe X PCIe X amp PCICPU AMD FX- GHz Eight-Core AM CPU MB L Cache amp Turbo Core TechnologyVideo Card AMD Radeon HD GB GDDR X PCIe Video CardMemory GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance Power Supply Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold Plus Power Supply Gold OS Hard Drive GB Intel SSD SeriesData Hard Drive including Users amp ProgramData folders TB SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDDOptical Drive LG UH LS K X Blu-Ray Player amp DVDRW Combo DriveLCD Monitor quot Widescreen x Asus VS H-P LCDCooling Fan Asetek LC Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Advanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA

A:Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD

How many passes did you allow Memtest to complete?I see that you've provided your setup, but please provide a Speccy snapshot for additional needed information.Use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration.Download, install, and run.After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot.In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.A web address will be displayed. Click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post. Include your computer's manufacturer and model number, as well.=========================================

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439002/windows-7-freezes-locks-requires-reboot-no-event-logs-no-bsod/
Relevancy 62.78%

Windows bit Satellite Pro C - NR Laptop Hi There One of my Pro intermittently, reset Satellite required C660-1NR freezes hard users' Laptop Computer freezes at random moments throughout the day At first I thought it was battery related as the first two occurrences happened when working unplugged but it has since done it when plugged in too On average it happens at least once every day It will not resume afterwards the only way to get past this is by holding the power button and restarting The problem started when uploading a number of Windows updates about weeks ago Before it has never frozen not even once I will wait for it to die again might be today might be tomorrow and will look at the Satellite Pro C660-1NR freezes intermittently, hard reset required event log around the time that it died Do you think this is hardware or software related I have updated the laptops drivers chipset etc so all is as up to date as I can get it Nothing wrong with this laptop other than the freezes performs fine when it's working Your help is very much appreciated Kind Regards Lee Message was edited by lhall

A:Satellite Pro C660-1NR freezes intermittently, hard reset required

>The problem started when uploading a number of Windows updates about 6 weeks ago. Before it has never frozen, not even once.

So why you don?t try to set the system back to the point before the updates have been installed? I think this would be the first step trying to solve this issue.

>Do you think this is hardware or software related?
If setting the system back to the early time point would not help, I guess an system recovery would be the next step to discover the reason for this issue?
After recovery the unit should work properly? if not? well it could be hardware related issue

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71594-Satellite-Pro-C660-1NR-freezes-intermittently-hard-reset-required
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,
at random times the lock-screen freezes and a hard reset is needed. Keyboard light still toggle yet the SysReq + REISUB key combination does not do anything. Where is some syslog for checking why the kernel dumped and find potential solutions? This is windows 8.1, is this a known bug?

A:The lock screen sees random freezes and a hard reset is required.

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322392-lock-screen-sees-random-freezes-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Greetings all I have been stumped with this issue for quite some time now and hang, hard reboot requires randomly Windows 8.1 was finally able to find a forum like this Here's the issue my computer freezes hangs randomly when I'm using it It happens more when I'm playing League of Legends all of a Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot sudden the mouse and keyboard stop working and the screen is frozen as well Ctrl Alt Del doesn't do anything and so I have to resort to rebooting my computer by holding the power button I have already checked my drivers to ensure that they are all updated I just ran FurMark and that went fine for about minutes before I decided to turn it off I've tried using command prompt and using dism Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot online cleanup-image restorehealth However the issue still persists I have posted my specs below any and all help would be so appreciated Specifications Processor Type AMD A - KProcessor Speed GHzRAM GBHard Drive Capacity TBOptical Drive X DVDRW Slim Optical DriveGraphics Card AMD Radeon R XDedicated Graphic Card YesVideo Memory GBTV Tuner NoBuilt-in Monitor NoHDCP Compliant NoTouchscreen Display NoSound Card Integrated - Realtek ALC Audio Output High Definition Channel SurroundSpeakers NoIntegrated Microphone NoMicrophone Input x Front x BackLine-In Input x BackLine Out x Front x BackDigital Input NoDigital Output x BackEthernet Port Integrated Wi-Fi Dual Band Wi-Fi a b g n acIntegrated Bluetooth Yes - Modem NoUSB Ports x USB front rear x USB front rear DVI Output BackHDMI Output BackOther Input or Output Ports DisplayPort - BackWebcam NoColor Black

A:Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot

Let's start with this report:
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582184/windows-81-randomly-hang-requires-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 60.2%

Samsung NP Z A-S Windows Home premium http speccy piriform com results E Fd mr ggx zTRO YZ qw Problem Computer becomes completely unresponsive Cursor will move but cannot click on anything NP700Z3a-S03 Samsung hard shutdown hangs Windows 7 requires Ctrl-alt-del opens the menu but no selection can be made a happens most frequently in Windows Explorer b does not occur in safe mode Attempted solutions System restore a no save points prior to the commencement of the issue Windows 7 hangs requires hard shutdown Samsung NP700Z3a-S03 Memory testing a Windows mem test shows no problem b Memtest shows no problem only pass however Check disk shows no problems with either disk HDD and iSSD Seagate tools shows no problem with HDD didn't know if I could use on SSD which is different manufacturer Malwarebytes premium has been onboard the whole time -- found nothing HitmanPro found a couple of minor problems and repaired them Did Windows 7 hangs requires hard shutdown Samsung NP700Z3a-S03 not solve CCleaner downloaded no solve There may have been other things done to try and solve--this has been going on for over a week and my memory fails me This computer is used for work mostly done remote through VPN and for law school so I am thoroughly vexed and hopeful that someone can help Note that if you are able to help you will need to be pretty explicit in your instructions I am computer literate on the user side of things for what I do daily but I don't go mucking about into the programs that run the computer nor its innards Fingers crossed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609540/windows-7-hangs-requires-hard-shutdown-samsung-np700z3a-s03/
Relevancy 58.48%

Starting a new thread for a previous issue because the problems in the title of my original thread are no longer ongoing - but I'll copy paste my original post here as well just for the sake of completeness Trying to help a young friend proxy continual reset Chrome Google of manual settings requires 'fix' her laptop She knows it's old but it's all she has Google Chrome requires continual manual reset of proxy settings so I'd like to do the best I can It's a second-hand computer for her and I don't think she really knows what some of the programs are She had installed a bunch of toolbars which I've removed with Revo Uninstaller whenever I could find entries for them and some trial programs that were supposed to speed up the computer I have made a backup of her data but as far as she's concerned the computer can be wiped clean - there's nothing installed that she can't reinstall again if she needs to I would be a very happy camper if she had an installation disc Vista -bit home premium but she doesn't so turning to you is my best option Both Firefox and Chrome started out with recurring problems with the proxy server refusing connections I can go into settings and tell the programs NOT to use a proxy server and this is mostly working now particularly with FF Chrome still resets itself to proxy every so often when I reopen the browser FF's homepage keeps resetting itself to mywebsearch com Chrome's used to but one of my many attempted interventions apparently worked in that browser and nothing I do has been able to change that Even more annoying is the fact that out of the blue I'll suddenly get - new tabs opening up www lpcloudbox com asking me to 'please install the new video player' For each of those tabs a corresponding tab opens with the message Reported Web Forgery This web page at www lpmxp com has been reported as a web forgery and has been blocked based on your security preferences This doesn't happen when I click on a link or anything the tabs just open up as I'm scrolling down a page cnn bleeping computer - sites that I don't have any problems with when using my own computer This morning I was finally able to download install run Spybot S amp D on this laptop It found more toolbars than I knew existed and I elected to have it 'fix' the problems it found Spybot S amp D ran again after a reboot still showing problems but I didn't see where I could click to fix those Right now the only one of the original problems seems to be that Google Chrome still keeps resetting itself to use a proxy server This happens not only every time I restart Chrome but even every time I open a new tab Based on what I've found online it sounds like this is likely a result of some kind of infection so following is my current DDS log Thank you for any help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E FW avast Antivirus Disabled F FC -F D- D E- A E- DA C EAF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system ... Read more

A:Google Chrome requires continual manual reset of proxy settings

In case it's of any relevance, the two items that Spybot S&D is unable to fix are:

Delta.Toolbar
(SBI $ACF354C8) Program directory
C:\ProgramData\BrowserProtect\
and
Win32.BitGuard
(SBI $93F166B5) Program directory
C:\ProgramData\BitGuard\

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537837/google-chrome-requires-continual-manual-reset-of-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 56.33%

a couple of problems with keyboardit frezzes incl start buttonwhen i press key '' i need with shift i get 'blank and have to press a 2nd time to get it.to get a single ' i have to press twice to get '' and delete one space to get the desired result 'i dont have a pound button.isnt there a an app  that can reset the keys?thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/keyboard-freezes-and-quot-requires-2-taps-to-come-up/td-p/5783331
Relevancy 56.33%

a couple of problems with keyboardit frezzes incl start buttonwhen i press key '' i need with shift i get 'blank and have to press a 2nd time to get it.to get a single ' i have to press twice to get '' and delete one space to get the desired result 'i dont have a pound button.isnt there a an app  that can reset the keys?thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-freezes-and-quot-requires-2-taps-to-come-up/td-p/5783331
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

My PC (custom rig - 2 yrs old) has had this same issue regardless of the operating system (Win 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - currently 7) where it will randomly freeze completely. From here I have to force restart by holding down the power button for about 6 or so seconds only to find myself doing this up to a dozen times per day.

Specs:
GPU - Nvidia GTX 760
RAM - Corsair 8GB
HDD - 2TB (currently booting off of this)
SSD - 120GB
MB - ASRock Extreme6
CPU - Intel i7 3770k
PSU - 750W (?)

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127686-pc-freezes-completely-requires-force-restart.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Friends I hope you can Requires Freezes Boot and System Warm suggest a remedy for me to fix my computer It freezes after a short period but only when I am using Napster via the Internet or when I play a audio CD System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot I have a Soyo P x Dragon System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot Ultra AGP Pro PCI Motherboard w GHz w G RAM OS XP Pro v SP I have been using this computer since April and never have experienced this issue before When I review the Event Logs nothing's there except the infamous quot ESENT quot messages I have not upgraded to SP because I am waiting for the SP kinks to be worked out My network is not using SUS servers so all ESENT is going directly to Microsoft I have been seeing postings at other sites related to ESENT that reference unexplained freezes and reboots Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try or do you need additional info It's after pm here but I will be back tomorrow to work on this again Any support is greatly appreciated -SV

A:System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot

I have not received any comments regarding my original support request. Am I the only one to have this computer freeze occur? Part of me feels the problem is the sharing of bandwidth by the new WindowsUpdate monitoring. The other part feels it might be my sound card which is built in on the mother board. Any ideas, Any one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-freezes-and-requires-warm-boot-36467.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Ive been having my computer crash for about a week now It does this at random times here is the hjt log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved Freezes requires Computer Randomlly and restart at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Computer Randomlly Freezes and requires restart program files steam steam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Intel IDU IDUServ exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Crap on Desktop Aim Remixed HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - F D - D - E B-E AE- A B B BCB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run ipTray exe quot C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe quot minimize O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - C Program Files GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - C Program Files GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall-beta trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft ... Read more

A:Computer Randomlly Freezes and requires restart

Instructions here still apply:
http://forums.techguy.org/security/371117-system-little-slower-than-normal.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomlly-freezes-and-requires-restart.428496/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have had this problem for a while now and it requires me to hold down the power button and restart my computer There seems to be no time limit my computer is not overheating or being overworked It has happened while i have been just browsing the internet or when I am playing games I am stumped on what to do I want to make sure it is not something software side before I go doing anything with replacing hardware When it freezes all sound just stops and I can not move my mouse What ever my screen was showing Freezes requires restart) (no Random and sound a second before the freeze is what it stays showing It seems to happen alot when i hit fullscreen or unfullscreen a youtube video or Twitch tv stream I have tried waiting it out but it stays that way for hours I will admit to having torrented before My Rig Motherboard ASRock Extreme R CPU AMD FX- Black Edition GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR PSU Coolmax VL W Cooling Rosewill RCX-Z

A:Random Freezes (no sound and requires restart)

Freezing can be difficult to troubleshoot as it doesn't give us much information about the cause.Driver Verifier might force a BSOD which will produce a dump file for me to analyse. What is Driver Verifier?Driver Verifier monitors Windows kernel-mode drivers, graphics drivers, and even 3rd party drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. Driver Verifier can subject the Windows drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior.Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be causing the issues at hand, enabling Driver Verifier will help us see which specific driver is causing the problem.Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore pointWindows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"How to enable Driver Verifier:Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"3. Check the following boxes -- Special Pool- Pool Tracking- Force IRQL Checking- Deadlock Detection- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8/8.1)- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8/8.1)- Miscellaneous Checks4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.7. Click on Finish.8. Restart.Important information regarding Driver Verifier:- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD. To expand on this a bit more for the interested, specifically what Driver Verifier actually does is it looks for any driver making illegal function calls, causing memory leaks, etc. When and/if this happens, system corruption occurs if allowed to continue. When Driver Verifier is enabled per my instructions above, it is monitoring all 3rd party drivers (as we have it set that way) and when it catches a driver attempting to do this, it will quickly flag that driver as being a troublemaker, and bring down the system safely before any corruption can occur.- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will detect it in violation almost straight away, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.If this happens, do not panic, do the following:- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.- Once in Safe Mode - Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes. Restart and boot into normal Windows.If your OS became corrupt or you cannot boot into Windows after disabling verifier via Safe Mode:- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.- Choose the restore point you created earlier.-- Note that Safe Mode for Windows 8/8.1 is a bit different, and you may need to try different methods: 5 Ways to Boot into Safe Mode in Windows 8 & Windows 8.1How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier. I will usually say whether or not I'd like for you to keep it enabled any longer.My system BSOD'd with Driver Verifier enabled, where can I find the crash dumps?- If you have the system set to generate Small Memory Dumps, they will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump.- If you have the system set to generate Kernel-Memory Dumps, it will be located in %systemroot%[B] and labeled [B]MEMORY.DMP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548028/random-freezes-no-sound-and-requires-restart/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I have been getting random freezes ever since I installed windows 7 starter... I had no problems before when this PC was running windows 7 trial version. When it happens my PC becomes unresponsive and whatever audio is played is looped(at a certain frequency) which is very annoying.. The only thing that functions is the CD/DVD drive. I have been trying to search for solutions but whatever solution I try from people with the same problem as me doesnt work. Please help me I don't know much about computers..

Edit: Also I can't seem to recreate this freezing thing. but most of the time it happens when I'm playing games... Although it sometimes happens even when I'm just browsing.

PS: Sorry for my english, im not american btw haha

A:My computer randomly freezes requires manual restart...

AFAIK...Windows 7 Starter is an OEM version already installed in a system.

Please explain what you did when you "installed" it, where you obtained the Win Starter version from, etc.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558961/my-computer-randomly-freezes-requires-manual-restart/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been having an issue with my computer starting up When I turn it on in the morning it freezes at the Vista splash screen so I am forced to manually shut down the computer Then to multiple startup on normally requires and Computer start freezes boot-ups I turn it on again and it brings up the start windows normally or safe mode screen Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally I ve tried going on both options safe mode works without freezing and start windows Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally normally Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally doesn t because it loads until the splash screen and freezes again making me manually turn it off again The second time it freezes and I shut it down and turn it on again it brings up the start up repair screen I have to run the start up repair otherwise it will just keep freezing and I can t use the computer Once the repair ends it says that there are zero errors I am then able to start windows normally and this process only happens the very first time I try to turn the computer on that day I have tried to just keep the computer on I have tried to put it into sleep mode etc but the computer just ends up freezing again I have tried starting it without things like the mouse printer speakers etc plugged in only the keyboard plugged in but it still doesn t work I have also tried to uninstall recent software but that still doesn t work I have searched with my antivirus and no viruses were found This problem has been going on for over a week now I ve researched possibilities but have found nothing helpful If you know what could be causing this problem please let me know Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Lancaster Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-on-startup-and-requires-multiple-boot-ups-to-start-normally.1082024/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone I've been having some issues with my computer which are detailed after the log I'd just like to thank in advance anyone who is willing to help me and generally thank all the users administrators on this forum for Firefox reset/deleted, slow, settings/favs Crashes, Spybot Freezes Windows taking the time to help less-informed PC owners like Crashes, Firefox settings/favs reset/deleted, Windows slow, Spybot Freezes myself Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Crashes, Firefox settings/favs reset/deleted, Windows slow, Spybot Freezes Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C PowerPanel upssrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PowerPanel upsio exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files D-Link AirPlus XtremeG AirPlusCFG exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA MI AA wcescomm exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run D-Link AirPlus XtremeG C Program Files D-Link AirPlus XtremeG AirPlusCFG exe O - HKLM Run ANIWZCS Service C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run MimBoot C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mimboot exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C PROGRA MI AA wcescomm exe quot O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MI AA INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MI AA INetRepl dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MI AA INetRepl dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF B BFD- E - -B AF- A B EA WScanCtl Class - http www ca com securityadvisor v fo webscan cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com actives ree asinst cab O - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLL O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system... Read more

A:Crashes, Firefox settings/favs reset/deleted, Windows slow, Spybot Freezes

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/crashes-firefox-settings-favs-reset-deleted-windows-slow-spybot-freezes-138600.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Can't start windows after hard resert. Had successfully upgraded to windows 10 and was working properly. Did not completely get iso image for windows 10. Tried starting with hp recovery got fail error 570

A:hp windows 7 laptop not starting with hard reset

Hi @deenot,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with recovery error 570. I will be glad to help you. Please look at the following links.HP Notebook PCs - System Recovery May Fail or Display Error Message (Windows 7, or Vista)Microsoft Error code: "570 User ID Failed" Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-windows-7-laptop-not-starting-with-hard-reset/td-p/5695898
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

I would like to hard reset my Toshiba Satellite because none of my programs (Except Safari) can't connect to the internet.

The fact is that I bought this Toshiba under Windows Vista and I would like to keep Windows 7 (that I bought directly online)

So can I keep Windows 7? And how can I reset this PC properly?

Thanks for helping me!

A:Hard Reset a Toshiba Windows 7 and keep curent OS

As long as you have the key for Windows 7 you should be fine. You could do an upgrade installation on top of Windows 7. However I do not recomend this. You still need to know your Windows 7 Key to do this.

I would Reinstall Vista and then Reinstall Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/194106-hard-reset-toshiba-windows-7-keep-curent-os.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 52.03%

hi my acer aspire E17 was upgraded to windows 10, something has happened and I can't reset my computer saying that my hard drive with windows is locked. I have tried lots of stuff but wont let me reste my computer with files?Help.

A:locked hard drive wont let me reset windows 10

check on BIOS if your HDD password is set as frozen:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/locked-hard-drive-wont-let-me-reset-windows-10/td-p/453372
Relevancy 52.03%

Just a word of thanks and a hint for anyone who has problems with these machines.

I tried for hours to hard reset my tablet. Nothing worked. In desperation I Googled and came up with a closed thread on this site dealing with my problem. I can't add to it to say how much I appreciate the help. If I am posting in the wrong place, please forgive a newbie.

To hard reset, first power off, then hold down the vol down button. Press the power button and hold down until a recovery screen pops up. Follow the prompts. Works like a dream.

Thanks again

A:Proline W835G Tablet. Windows 8.1 Hard Reset

Bungle..... welcome to the TSG Forums...

If you want to refer to a CLOSED Thread then you can C&P the URL into your Post to enable others to view the Thread.

As for the instructions for a Hard Reset...... makes you wonder what exactly is that white powder that this programmer was putting in that cup of Java..... perhaps not sugar....

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proline-w835g-tablet-windows-8-1-hard-reset.1145665/
Relevancy 52.03%

As it almost 1 day left before 7/8.1 users will able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, would you hard reset your computer before you upgrade, or just let it be as it is before you upgrade?

A:Hard reset your 8.1 PC before you install the Windows 10 free upgrade

I did not do a new install when I loaded the 10240 release on my desktop. Doing a new install on a PC; especially if you have lots of programs and data loaded, is not a trivial task.
Doing a new install on a phone is one thing; on a PC, I have never done it. Haven't had any major problems but I'm not a power user.
I guess it's up to you.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/369596-hard-reset-your-8-1-pc-before-you-install-windows-10-free-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Every once in a while, my laptop loses connectivity and cannot be reconnected to the wireless signal unless I turn the computer off and restart.
What the heck is going on???

A:Internet Connection -- Lost and requires hard shut down

Fill out your system specs so we know what kind of computer and hardware you are using.

Does this happen on every wireless network you use, or just one in particular?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185035-internet-connection-lost-requires-hard-shut-down.html
Relevancy 51.6%

after the latest windows 10 update my pin lock pad doesn't show(known issue). tried hard reset but after the exclamation mark appears as soon as the volume up button is pressed the phone reboots hence the the hard reset is not possible.
ive tried it several times but can't reach the reset.
any solutions ?

A:lumia 535 on latest windows 10 update. can't perform a hard reset.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question after the latest windows 10 update my pin lock pad doesn't show(known issue). tried hard reset but after the exclamation mark appears as soon as the volume up button is pressed the phone reboots hence the the hard reset is not possible.
ive tried it several times but can't reach the reset.
any solutions ? you can use WDRT tool to roll back to stable windows build. and join the fast ring in future where the builds have become much more reliable.
walkthrough is here :> How to roll back Windows 10 Mobile from Fast and Slow Ring to Production release | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439639-lumia-535-latest-windows-10-update-cant-perform-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Toshiba Satellite C D-S not that old at all I tried Problem after Windows a Hard reset? Detected factory Disk downloading a game Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem after factory reset? and then got the BSOD I had to reset my PC lost everything I had but ended up starting from scratch Now every so Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem after factory reset? often I'm getting a message saying Windows detected a hard disk problem Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss I right clicked on the faulty hard drive for error checking no errors were found I tried HD Tune Pro and that's telling me warning for health status Reallocated Sector Count failed is in red and C Reallocated Event Count warning is in yellow Does this mean I have to replace the hard drive The computer was working totally fine until that BSOD Now it works and all but I keep getting that error message The laptop is not that old really and never any physical damage but perhaps past warranty I dont really have anything left to back up since I Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem after factory reset? lost everything when I reset it to factory state Any advice

A:Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem after factory reset?

I'm afraid it doesn't sound good for that hard drive.  You could run Speccy which you can download from here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/ and look at the SMART data for your drive.    After running it click File -> Publish snapshot... Copy and paste the link it gives you into your next post.  

For more information about the drive, you could download hard drive diagnostics form the Seagate or Western Digital web site and run them.  I've used Seatools from Seagate a good bit.

If you have to replace that drive, you'll probably lose the recovery partition, so be prepared for that.  Your user guide should have info on how to create the recovery discs if you haven't already done that.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540251/windows-detected-a-hard-disk-problem-after-factory-reset/
Relevancy 51.17%

Just Requires Reboot Hangs Hard System Panel Control as I finished getting my system installed my Control Panel started hanging When I try to open it I can do nothing on the sytem I can not even get to the Task Manager to end task I have to Hard Reboot Control Panel does open in Safe Mode I can not believe Vista is this unstable I have nothing but Microsoft Products installed Of course incompatibilities and embarassing for MS bugs abound it is very disheartening I think I have had to hard reboot this system more in the past weeks then in the last years on w k and xp The system is weeks old There are no prior versions to Control Panel Hangs System Requires Hard Reboot restore from I have tried refreshing licenses creating a new user Control Panel Hangs System Requires Hard Reboot rebuilding icon cache I have no idea what else to try I would very much like to not have to waste another week rebuilding my brand new Laptop Dell XPS I tried reinstalling from OS That did not work Said 'Checking Configuration' all night Any ideas would be appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/166913-control-panel-hangs-system-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm unsure if this is a virus or some sort of problem with parts of my computer. My pc is locking up at random intervals and requires a hard reboot. I have ran a recent scan on mbam and it found a pup crossfire virus. I'm hoping the issue can be resolved easily instead of having to buy a new pc or new parts.

A:Computer locks up and requires hard reboot after random moments of use

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455332/computer-locks-up-and-requires-hard-reboot-after-random-moments-of-use/
Relevancy 51.17%

A file on my portable hard drives says it requires system permission but when i give it system permission it still doesnt let me delete it, it bother me, ive scanned it with 3 virus programs and it's not a virus.

A:A file on my portable hard drives says it requires system permission

Have you tried right-clicking that file and choosing Take Ownership then afterwards, try to delete it? That's what I would do first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/191266-file-my-portable-hard-drives-says-requires-system-permission.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I bought a Maxtor Ultra ATA internal hard drive, and want to install it as a backup drive in my HP m1170n. However, the m1170n requires an SATA hard drive. Is there a converter, adapter, etc. that I can buy to make the Ultra ATA compatible with the m1170n? Please provide specific model numbers for any suggestions, if possible. Also, please advise about how much it should cost and if it is easy to install. Many thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

My issue started when i was using internet explorer the phone heated up then using Bootloop tool. Can hard and recovery even continues phone Anyone after Help ME? reset windows shuts down and starts to get into an an infinite restart I've looked up Bootloop continues even after hard reset and using windows phone recovery tool. Can Anyone Help ME? into this and some of you guys Bootloop continues even after hard reset and using windows phone recovery tool. Can Anyone Help ME? also experienced this problem and solved it by a hard reset which is to hold the vol down camera power button first it worked until I shut the phone down to insert the simcard it boot loops again so I tried another option to master format the phone by holding the power button until the phone vibrates then pressing the volume down until it shows an exclamation mark then i entered the combination buttons up down power down to reformat the phone so it did the phone was turned back to its original settings and i have to re enter my emails but after which I tried another sim card and the phone begins to go into a crazy boot loop again I was mad and depressed and I tried this which is to use windows recovry tool I downloaded the software and used it on my lumia to download the latest windows straight from microsoft yes it worked out for a while like min tried to have a fresh start from my phone regaining my contacts until i turned it off to insert my simcard the godforsaken BOOTLOOP still continues Is there anything else to do before I willbe forced to buy another phone

A:Bootloop continues even after hard reset and using windows phone recovery tool. Can Anyone Help ME?

Man i have the same problem with my l930. when i shot the camera it reboots and start a bootloop, it stops looping just when on battery charger.
Some times starts a boot loop randomly. And i have to use the charger again.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/415930-bootloop-continues-even-after-hard-reset-using-windows-phone-recovery-tool-can-anyone-help-me.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey there kinda new here Anyway Let's get down to business I don't know how to upload anything such as attachments otherwise I'd upload the PCHF results as Reboot Chrome Computer Requires Crashes/Stalls Hard - Google well as the MiniToolBox results Yet here's the speccy results http speccy piriform com results uxPbM rX Rufa ftyeSo So whenever I do anything open try to uninstall etc with google chrom my computer is fine for about three seconds then it stalls for about twenty seconds After this is -seems- fine yet really isn't Upon attempting ot do anything log off open the task manager etc the little spinning circle indicating it is loading pops up then it just outright freezes Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot from anywhere between two to five minutes After that the mouse can be moved the keyboard is not locked up as I can toggle caps lock num lock etc yet because everything else is still locked up I cannot do anything or see anything being typed if it is at all I have run multiple virus scans with Windows Security Essentials full scans I have run startup recovery I have attempted to system restore yet that failed each time My system is absolutely malware free and as of a month or so ago all of my drivers are up to date which I -think- may be part of my problem As I vaguely recall having a similar issue with chrome after updating my video drivers a Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot year or more ago I had to as I recall roll back my drivers to resolve the issue I am hoping I don't have to do that again and I have no idea if it will even solve the issue as I've successfully been using these drivers for well over a month now Once I know how to upload things I'll also upload my MiniToolBox and PCHF results Thanks in advance for your time if you need any additional information please feel free to ask D

A:Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot

Can I get some help?  I can't figure out how to upload attachments at all.  I've read your help topic here yet that doesn't help at all, it just tells me how to attach things however the buttons to do so are not at all available in the topic editor.  I've looked over the media library thing and can't upload it there I really have no idea how to include the files for viewing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490712/google-chrome-crashesstalls-computer-requires-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Seven Forums Have a strange to time & hard every USB corrupts file requires external Saving reboot recurring issue and hopefully you guys can help me home in on the problem Not sure it's software over hardware though Situation is - saving a file in Visual Studio to my external hard drive usb exFAT hardware encrypted always causes an AppHang The program stops responding and any other program which tries to access that location on the drive does the same These processes Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time refuse to be killed and the only way out is to hard shut down the computer regular Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time shut down just sits there After doing so chkdsk reveals that the location Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time on the drive has corruption issues which it then fixes and all is fine Until the next time I try to save a file that is Some more information Only started happening about a month ago before that the files saved fine Doesn't happen if I use the drive on another computer running similar Visual Studio Other programs can save the same files fine The problem did once occur with P V but I can't say with certainty that it wasn't due to forgetting to fix with chkdsk following one of the reboots Tried saving files to other USB hard drives FAT and NTFS yet to try another exFAT works fine My initial thought was PSU not being quite up to powering the drive as I was already concerned that the wattage wasn't high enough for the machine Beefier one made no difference though Some googling suggested system file corruption ran System File Checker and there were indeed some corrupted files but have now resolved these and the problem persists Ran Visual Studio with no plugins and reinstalled it issue persists Ran windows in diagnostic startup services etc disabled and the problem is still there Since I can currently reproduce the problem of the time I hope there is some sort of diagnostics I can do to identify what the cause of this is but this isn't really my wheelhouse and googling this particular issue has proven mostly fruitless Hopefully you can help

A:Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time

If it helps anyone who gets here via google:

It turned out the issue was strongly linked to the drive being exFAT. A USB stick I formatted to exFAT also had the same issues. My conclusion was that it was likely a bug in the latest Visual Studio. Have reformatted my drives to NTFS and all is well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/375713-saving-file-external-usb-requires-hard-reboot-corrupts-every-time.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there.

I'm having problems with my windows 7 is freezing on me. It happens all the time when I'm browsing the Internet, listening to music or watching a movie. Suddenly the mouse pointer and computer just freezes without any information and the only thing to do is reboot.

I have made anti-virus scans, anti-spyware, checked my hard drives for errors, installed all the latest drivers I could find.

I'm using Windows 7 Business (x64) (build 7600) from a clean install:
2,40 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q6600
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5K Rev 1.xx
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX [Display adapter]
Creative SB X-Fi
4096 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

A:Windows 7 hard freezes without warning

Hello.

I found this in you event log:

Code:
Event[281]:
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 2009-09-27T12:40:27.979
Event ID: 7016
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: MrPello-PC
Description:
The NVIDIA Display Driver Service service has reported an invalid current state 32.
I looked up the error and found this: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=105792

You aren't alone. This is happening to many people with Windows 7. Download the latest drivers for your video card from NVIDIA and it should be better.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-hard-freezes-without-warning-417718.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I JUST purchased this desktop a couple weeks ago and have noticed this issue from day one My computer at times will be working fine and the mouse and keyboard both of which are usb not wireless will stop working Ctrl alt delete doesnt work either When I press the Hard Restart Windows Forcing Freezes, 7 power button it does not do anything either I have turned off the screen saver sleep mode hibernate everything like that I have noticed it happening when I am at the computer and when I am not at the computer I built this desktop at Micro Center as a gaming computer It first froze like this the same day I got it back from Windows 7 Freezes, Forcing Hard Restart Micro Center where it was pieced together when I was simply downloading Goggle Chrome Tweetdeck Windows 7 Freezes, Forcing Hard Restart simple day to day stuff I use I would also leave the computer for a few hours and come back to see that it has frozen as well When this happens the screen is still on I am just unable to do anything but do a hard reset flipping the switch on the back It recently happened WHILE I was logged into an MMO WoW to be specific I was in the middle Windows 7 Freezes, Forcing Hard Restart of playing the game and it all of a sudden froze on me I have noticed that when it freezes like this the fans seem to speed up a little bit as well I have seen users post about this problem as well but they claim their computer will restart or shut itself down within a few minutes or even seconds My computer will not restart it will stay frozen for hours It is very annoying because I just spent over k on this desktop and it seems to freeze up like this atleast twice a day forcing a hard restart Any ideas on what i can do to solve this

A:Windows 7 Freezes, Forcing Hard Restart

Do you have PS/2 ports (and a PS/2 keyboard handy) on that PC? If so, we can do a quick check to see if interrupts themselves are happening (which indicates if the hardware is hung, or just Windows).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-freezes-forcing-hard-restart-560235.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Well now what do I do Was restarting my laptop when it froze up so I had to push the power button to turn it off and then turn it back on Just as I did though it hung at the logo screen and then it said quot Internal hard disk drive not found To resolve this issue try to reseat the drive No bootable devices--strike the F key to retry boot F to enter Setup menu F to enter PSA quot So then I get into the pre-boot diagnostic screen Guess what it shows me there No seriously WAT If anything I made sure to take extra care not to bump the laptop too much I tried plugging it into my PC tower running Windows and I tried using a hard hard drive detected. ... 8 freezes, Windows then No disk enclosure and Windows 8 freezes, then ... No hard drive detected. they don't work This hard drive Newegg com - WD Blue WD LPVX GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Notebook Hard Drive Bare Drive I was hoping to RMA it but seeing as how it's well over months since I ordered it they can't take it back Might as well go straight to the manufacturer and complain

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38878-windows-8-freezes-then-no-hard-drive-detected.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

I bought an external hard drive (Seagate FreeAgent) and it was working fine up until one day where I couldn't find it anymore in My computer or Device Manager. If I plugged it in while windows was running, my whole system would just freeze, Ctrl Alt Del wouldn't even work! I re-installed windows XP and started from scratch but this didn't work. I took the hard drive back and replaced it. This then worked on a family member's laptop but back on my computer it's the same old story.

Any help would be greatly received!

Thanks

I have just plugged in my ipod too and it froze so it may be a USB problem! However it doesn't freeze with a cheap mp3 player, i'm really confused, can anyone help??

A:External hard drive freezes windows

A friendly and needed bump to this question.

I am also having a similar problem as this. A while ago I installed a second hard drive and everything works fine on it currently. The problem is that afterwards whenever I try to plug in an external hard disk of any kind, through a USB port, the computer will immediately freeze. Now this includes ipods, cameras with memory disks, and others of that nature. I have tried searching all over the web and have yet to find an answer. It would after all be nice to update my ipod playlist .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-freezes-windows.617467/
Relevancy 47.73%

So ever since I updated from Windows to Windows as a 8.1 semi-frequent ups lock freezes/hard Windows gift I've been getting somewhat frequent lock ups Sometimes I can go a few days without getting Windows 8.1 semi-frequent freezes/hard lock ups one with the most frequent being an hour apart It also seems mostly random with the only common occurrence being when I load a BF map or when I alt tab out of a game both have happened twice so far What happens though is my screen will freeze at whatever I was doing last my mouse and keyboard become unresponsive my HDD light goes solid but my case fans lights keep going Also whats weird is that my power button also becomes unresponsive forcing me to reboot via psu or unplugging it This was basically a clean install I assume had to reinstall all my games programs only preserving pictures and documents from before the update Even though the computer is kind of old - years it runs smoothly except for these freezes My temperatures for my GPU CPU never exceed - C and all my drivers are up to date Just some side notes -This isn't entirely a quot new quot problem I've had these kinds of crashes in the past with Windows though it was on very rare occasions something like once every months or something if that if I had to guess Since updating to Windows the frequency of the crashes is way higher few times a week -Recently replaced my PSU due to my old one failing little over a month ago Don't believe the crashes are related to that simply because it ran flawlessly all of December with Windows before upgrading to Windows a week ago -Ruled out my HDD I think anyway I ran WinDlg Western Digitals diagnostic for their HDDs and passed Also ran CHKDSK as well with bad sectors too Open to trying another program if those are believed to not be reliable Thanks in advance for any asssitance

A:Windows 8.1 semi-frequent freezes/hard lock ups

Hate to say it, I'm with you on this. I Googled the symptoms and yours matched mine almost identically. And it's been getting worse. I don't play games. For me it's graphics intensive work, though -- Photoshop and Lightroom mainly. I thought maybe it was RAM or something. I ran MemTest86 for over 16-hours and no issues. I KNOW it's some sort of Win 8.1 glitch combined with hardware. I just don't know WHERE. So incredibly frustrating I can't get my work done because of this. Anyone else???

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/38372-windows-8-1-semi-frequent-freezes-hard-lock-ups.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there Neither of my hard drives work drive clicks, windows in freezes when GPU Hard plugged in normal windows with the gpu in On a fresh reformat they work for a short while before starting to click and freeze up On an older installation this freeze is instant as soon as the desktop loads It works as it should in safe mode leading me to believe that it may be a software problem but I haves no idea The hard drives work as intended in normal windows without the GPU I don't think it's my PSU as it's watts Hard drive clicks, windows freezes when GPU plugged in If Hard drive clicks, windows freezes when GPU plugged in it's software I have no idea where to begin It may be worth mentioning my mobo MSI z gd g was sent away to get a BIOS update for compatability with ivy bridge but I have installed the drivers for the update I just need to find the source of the problem if it's the hard drives I'll be able to replace them soon and same with the GPU Thanks in advance

A:Hard drive clicks, windows freezes when GPU plugged in

Hard drive clicks? Thats a sign of a failing hard drive. Try backing up as much data as you can before the hard drive completely dies. *removed arrogant post* Its not your PSU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/270819-hard-drive-clicks-windows-freezes-when-gpu-plugged.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Today i open my Laptop and Use it Not too). Responding Suddenly Windows Freezes Drive (Hard for Hours But when i watching a Movie in the Middle Movie Stuck at the same point and Mouse freezes and Hard drive Light is not Blinking Too My Hard Drive is Hardly an year Old And SMART Showing No Errors So my question is is this hardware issue or software related issue i found an Windows Suddenly Freezes (Hard Drive Not Responding too). Post in thi Forum in which exact same problem is discussed and one of them ask him to Post Minitoolbox Log So Someone Help me to understand This Log and Help me To understand it And Also Help me to Fix resolve the Errors Freeze occurs around http www bleepingcomputer com forums t hard-drive-stops-responding MiniToolBox Windows Suddenly Freezes (Hard Drive Not Responding too). by Farbar Version - - Ran by Machine administrator on - - at Running from C Users Machine Downloads Programs Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name BatmanAC exe version time stamp x f Faulting module name BatmanAC exe version time stamp x f Exception code xc Fault offset x aaa Faulting process id x f Faulting application start time xBatmanAC exe Faulting application path BatmanAC exe Faulting module path BatmanAC exe Report Id BatmanAC exe Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name amswitcher exe version time stamp x c cdf Faulting module name libstdc - dll version time stamp Windows Suddenly Freezes (Hard Drive Not Responding too). x bc cae Exception code x Fault offset x bd d Faulting process id xdbc Faulting application start time xamswitcher exe Faulting application path amswitcher exe Faulting module path amswitcher exe Report Id amswitcher exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name amswitcher exe version time stamp x c cdf Faulting module name QtCore dll version time stamp x c c Exception code x Fault offset x fe Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time xamswitcher exe Faulting application path amswitcher exe Faulting module path amswitcher exe Report Id amswitcher exe Error PM Source VSS User Description Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface hr x Access is denied This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process Operation Gathering Writer Data Context Writer Class Id e - f - -a e- ae Writer Name System Writer Writer Instance ID bbc - - a - - c b dfb a Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name amswitcher exe version time stamp x c cdf Faulting module name QtCore dll version time stamp x c c Exception code x Fault offset x fd f Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xamswitcher exe Faulting application path amswitcher exe Faulting module path amswitcher exe Report Id amswitcher exe Error AM Source Chrome User NT AUTHORITY Description Chrome has encountered a fatal error ver lang guid C A E A F BA E A E DC is machine oop upload minidump C Program Files Google CrashReports dfb a - - b - -ca afff c dmp Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name amswitcher exe version time stamp x c cdf Faulting module name QtCore dll version time stamp x c c Exception code x Fault offset x fe Faulting process id xdcc Faulting application start time xamswitcher exe Faulting application path amswitcher exe Faulting module path amswitcher exe Report Id amswitcher exe Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name amswitcher exe version time stamp x c cdf Faulting module name libstdc - dll version time stamp x bc cae Exception code x Fault offset x bd d Faulting process id xab Faulting application start time xamswitcher exe Faulting application path amswitcher exe Faulting module path amswitcher exe Report Id amswitch... Read more

A:Windows Suddenly Freezes (Hard Drive Not Responding too).

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:    List Installed Programs   Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

Please...do NOT make any more attempts to post this topic, I have deleted all those.  Respond to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566824/windows-suddenly-freezes-hard-drive-not-responding-too/
Relevancy 47.3%

HI,

i think my PC is infected, sometimes it freezes completly and nothing works until i reset my PC.
and my pc is since a few days very slow.

can sombody lokk over the Logs of dds, gmer ... etc.

thank you

A:PC sometimes freezes, nothing works until Reset. i Think im Infected

Please run the following:Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.Run AdwCleaner and select DeleteOnce done it will ask to reboot, allow the rebootOn reboot a log will be produced, please attach the content of the log to your next replyNEXTRefer to the ComboFix User's Guide Download ComboFix from the following location:

Link

* IMPORTANT !!! Place ComboFix.exe on your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.
You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474330/pc-sometimes-freezes-nothing-works-until-reset-i-think-im-infected/
Relevancy 47.3%

My system runs Windows bit OS Replaced Socket Mother board and CPU with Socket ASUS was Secondary system Hard before Windows freezes Drive launch manufacturer of Secondary Hard Drive freezes system before Windows launch both Secondary Hard Drive freezes system before Windows launch old and new mobos Kept all hard drives and reinstalled them x Seagate Gb Sata one is the boot drive with OS x Western Digital Caviar Green Tb Sata PROBLEM System would freeze at post just before Windows launch Isolated to the WD hard drive as problem When disconnected Windows booted normally and all other drives appeared I did a Clean Install of Windows bit I reinstalled latest mobo bios and all chipset device drivers but problem continued Tried to Hot Plug the WD drive after windows launched and it worked It booted and loaded drivers When Hot Plugged it operated normally and was visible in both My Computer and Disk Management I could see files and transfer to and from the disk HOWEVER when I shut down and restarted I was back to square one Drive caused system to freeze before Windows launch The only way to access the drive is via Hot Plug which is not realistic for an internal drive Anyone have a solution Help Please Thanks

A:Secondary Hard Drive freezes system before Windows launch

Does the main drive and the WD drive both have the OS loaded on it? Next question: What SATA port do you have it plug into...it does make a difference? It should be plugged into sata ports 1 - 4. The other ports require either AHCI driver loaded to activate those ports or the RAID driver to use all port at the same time. It's a limation of the mobo do to the controller responseable for the remaining sata ports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/200883-secondary-hard-drive-freezes-system-before-windows-launch.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm using windows haven't had many problems until now I just moved into a new apartment and i worry it's some power related damage Windows boot from won't on or CD Computer Hard Startup, Drive. Freezes i don't know I had the computer running when i moved in Then i went to buy groceries came back accidentally kicked the power strip on off switch beneath the desk with my foot and windows hasn't started since When i start the computer i have full access to my bios if i boot Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive. from my HD i am shown a windows error recovery screen asking me to start windows startup repair or Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive. start windows normally Selecting startup repair gets me a loading bar then a black screen maybe after min i will get a blue screen like the background of the ui when installing windows If i start windows normally i get the windows logo then a very fast BSOD flash then the computer restarts Booting from my windows install disk lets me choose between install and repair language selection then it freezes and i get the same windows style back slash ad infinitum Thanks guys i really hope i don't have any permanent damage Anxiously awaiting your replies

A:Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive.

What Brand and Model PC?

Since you can get into the bios look for a PC(hardware) Health page and check the temps and voltage listings(12v, 5v, 3.3v).

If it a stock OEM PC reset to factory defaults save and exit the bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freezes-on-startup-wont-boot-from-windows-cd-or-hard-drive-660434.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I've been having a problem with my Lacie TB external HDD for some time now I'll just precise that it's a USB disk and has an on off switch I apologize if the post is long but I'm gonna put in everything I can think of The disk worked fine for a few months then at one point it started hard clicking and soon after I external when drive. freezes Windows accessing explorer hard was unable to transfer any data in or out of the disk without causing the transfer to hang after about s I sent it back to Windows explorer freezes when accessing external hard drive. Lacie for repair and Windows explorer freezes when accessing external hard drive. long story short after they quot lost quot my disk they sent me a brand new one but apparently the repair centre wasn't informed so I received my old disk too repaired So I now have similar HDDs My problem is - at first when I tried to run the format tool preloaded on Windows explorer freezes when accessing external hard drive. the disk to format the disk before use it hanged and the progress bar didn't move The only way to close the window was to shut down the disk That happened on both disks and they were then listed as RAW in disk manager - I tried to format or delete the volume using window's built in tool but when I select my format options and click ok it just gets back to the disk manager with the hourglass mouse pointer as if it's doing something although there is no progress bar or anything It just stays there for hours although it should be super fast as the disk is empty I tried different softwares like partition magic but they just hang on quot detecting devices quot as soon as I turn the disk on Same thing for disk manager if I open it after having turned on the disk it just hangs on quot connecting to virtual service quot Again same with both disks - I then tried to format the disks using my dad's xp laptop and the software Partition Wizard and it formated both disks into NTFS in seconds That leads me to believe that the fault comes from my laptop I partitioned one of the disks with GB of FAT and the rest in NTFS to see if it would change anything on my laptop - For both disks and both NTFS and FAT when I try accessing them from quot Computer quot I sometimes can get in the disk folder but when I try to copy a file in it the tranfer bar just stalls on quot transferring file quot without even starting the transfer If I try clicking somewhere the transfer windows blanks out and freezes followed by the quot Computer quot window then windows explorer itself If I turn off the disk then everything returns back to normal Sometimes just trying to access the disk folder freezes everything and that can affect wmp or any other program open they just freeze until the disk is turned off This happens every time Not finished - At one point it kinda started working if I had the little software Lacie USB Boost activated which is supposed to boost your transfer speed Here's a copy of what I sent Lacie I spent months with the support team and I'm not closer to resolving that They replied to this post by saying that there is no known issue with the usb boost quot If the USB Boost is activated I can now transfer files to the disk however I get the exact same error message xd as the one I described in my very first post if I try to transfer large files to the disk although it did that for a Mb file This problem is the same as the one experienced by this person BSOD when transfering Large files to external HD He has the same disk as me and it was suggested that he uninstalled the USB boost or changed the extension of the FNETURPX sys to make it unusable I did that which brings me to the nd problem If I do disable the USB Boost I revert back to the message saying that the file is no longer in its folder and I can't create a new folder on the disk either I have tried to reenable the usb boost and transferring works again but for large files I get the stop error message again quot I have now uninstalle... Read more

A:Windows explorer freezes when accessing external hard drive.

Hi welcome back wolvo7,
Sorry to hear of your problems.
If you have sent the repot of BSoD using this method it is OK:_
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
If not please download this & upload report with next post.
I will inform a member of the forum BSoD experts, who when available will comment on your thread.
Meanwhile I ask you to be patient.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289330-windows-explorer-freezes-when-accessing-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows 10 crashes frequently and randomly. No BSOD no error msgs. Happens about 30 times a day with no rhyme or reason
Please help
Elizabeth

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625738/windows-10-freezes-frequently-and-randomly-requiring-hard-restart/
Relevancy 47.3%

So, my external worked fine the other day, but now it just won't work. I connect it, try to open it in My Computer, and the window freezes. The rest of the computer is fine. It doesn't show up in the My Computer folder either. I have to disconnect it to unfreeze it. It unfreezes immediately when I do, and says "You must format this hard drive to use it. How'm I supposed to format it if it's not in? Plus, I have important stuff in it, so I really don't want to.

What can I do, what's the issue?

Relevancy 46.87%

Help!!! My ex roommate reset a password to my computer and now I can't get onto it I need to reset my password I don't care if I lose my data

A:reset paswrd toshiba windows 7 home without reset disk

Which password ?  Windows log in password or BIOS password ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492997/reset-paswrd-toshiba-windows-7-home-without-reset-disk/
Relevancy 46.87%

Just had a random pc reset during a game of League of Legends. I've also been getting freezes when the PC transitions into screensaver mode. There hasn't been any BSODs yet and I've had this issue before - PC freezing when the monitors go on standby and a ntoskrnl BSOD

I still have the fixes in action from that thread. Not sure what I should try next. Posting my dxdiag alongside this. Thanks in advance.

DxDiag.txt

A:Random reset and system freezes during screensaver

My first suggestion would be check your GPU temps (use SpeedFan), check your GPU fan and heatsink to make sure they're clean and moving freely, verify the card is firmly in the slot along with its power cord. And reinstall your graphics card (Download the driver from nVidia and before installing check "Perform clean install"). When you say reset are you saying it restarts, the screen turns off but their is still hard drive activity, screen turns off and no hard drive activity, or the entire system turns off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299030-random-reset-system-freezes-during-screensaver.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hey everyone.. i installed windows 8 consumer preview x64 on my desktop yesterday.
the problem : when i turn on the desktop, it gets stuck at the boot logo.. so i have to force shut down or force reset/reboot.. and it boots up perfectly well this second time. this happens everytime i turn on the desktop.
i googled about the problem but didnt find any useful results. is there a way to fix this? an help would be appreciated.

my desktop config : amd athlon dual core x2, 2.5 ghz
3 gigs of ram, nvidia 9500gt graphics chip

A:Freezes at first boot, but boots normally on reboot/reset

Hi, welcome.

Please download and run CPU-Z then make screenshots of the SPD and Memory tabs. After, attach them here to a new post.

Probably a good idea to run the program in the Crashes And Debugging subforum, from the top most thread there. Attach what that thread asks for as well, please.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/5288-freezes-first-boot-but-boots-normally-reboot-reset.html
Relevancy 46.87%

After booting Win XP, if I click on an icon or open program it starts flashing gray/blue. Have to click on icon or program when it flashes blue to compute. Program does not respond after 2-4 clicks. Turn off icon only shows for 1 sec. then disappears.

A:How to reset Win XP that flashes icons/programs then freezes

Try System Restore.If all is well after doing that, you really need to get SP3 & then do Windows updates.Download XP SP3http://www.microsoft.com/download/e...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-reset-win-xp-that-flashes-iconsprograms-then-freezes/203403.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My machine started about days ago tried reset a booting, few 7 freezes Win minutes factory after freezing about minutes after startup My son is more computer literate than I am so he helped me We tried system restore which made things better to begin with but then would start freezing again quickly Of course we tried to run all scans Avast McAfee and Malwarebytes Those that would run came up clean but the Win 7 freezes a few minutes after booting, tried factory reset some Win 7 freezes a few minutes after booting, tried factory reset just froze up even in safe mode Finally son did a factory reset which helped for a bit but not long Right now I can not get Task Manager to come up in Normal mode but it will in Safe mode Excel and Libre Office open but will freeze up faster the more speadsheets I open Excel goes away faster than Libre I have to do a hard shut down and reboot to get it to come back up I know I have probably forgotten some things but we need help desperately NO BSOD thankfully but may not matter I have loved this laptop Lenovo Z and I really can't afford a new one anytime soon Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389749-win-7-freezes-few-minutes-after-booting-tried-factory-reset.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to restart my laptop however in my XP this problem is never seen. I also installed vista and deep formatted the hard drive but the problem still persists in windows 7. The system is normal but when I surf internet via mozilla or chrome. This problem arises. I have done everytrouble shooting I can chkdsk and everything but when I use chkdsk in my western digital harddrive, it says error. I am thinking its harddrive issue what do u say?

thanks

OS is Win 7 Prof

A:Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7

Run the western digital diagnostic tool, if it says its bad, then time to rma the disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213659-hard-drive-light-stays-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am using a dell 510. After 20-30 min, the hd makes an unusual low grinding noise, and windows get slower and slower to respond, and almost freezes. This happens with certain programs open. Could anyone tell me what these symptoms are. Thank you

A:Solved: Help Needed - hard disk grinding noice, windows freezes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-needed-hard-disk-grinding-noice-windows-freezes.396117/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to restart my laptop however in my XP this problem is never seen. I also installed vista and deep formatted the hard drive but the problem still persists in windows 7. The system is normal but when I surf internet via mozilla or chrome. This problem arises. I have done everytrouble shooting I can chkdsk and everything but when I use chkdsk in my western digital harddrive, it says error. I am thinking its harddrive issue what do u say?

thanks

OS is Win 7 Prof

A:Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7

Can we get some system spec's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213655-hard-drive-light-stays-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello fellow experts My custom build computer spec in my sig is experiencing random freezes screen and cursor without going to a blue screen--necessitating manual restarts I have identified no patterns that effect this behavior browsing of internet playing graphics intensive game watching a video computer left on idle overnight etc Sometimes I get freezes over a couple of hours Other times I am able to be issue-free for up to days I've tried googling to help diagnose this issue and I've tried Fresh install of windows (no Hard files) Requiring minidump Reboot Random 7 Freezes Windows home premium bit windows updates Making sure all drivers and bios are up-to-date Replaced upgraded graphics card Replaced upgraded SSD Ran sfcnow chkdsk Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files) Windows Fix it graphics test memtest etc Enabled minidump files disabled automatic restarts but curiously no dump files are ever written Downloaded Speccy to monitor core temperatures Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files) Nothing to note all hovering around degrees As a relative computer illiterate I'm having trouble taking additional steps to further this investigation I've attached my latest event viewer log files for your kind review Can anyone help me diagnose this issue Many many thanks

A:Windows 7 Random Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot (no minidump files)

Quote:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date: 13-09-2013 PM 02:07:46
Event ID: 11
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Edwin-PC
Description:
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

Which antivirus do you use? Please uninstall it, at least as a test. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs, too.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304883-windows-7-random-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot-no-minidump-files.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows freezes without any warning signs, have to reset the system from there. Then I'm getting the message that Windows didn't shut down correctly. After normal start-up the pop up screen appears telling that an unexpected error occured (something like that), clicking on it shows the BSOD message.

At the moment 64bit version is installed. Also had a clean install of 32bit but the same problem occured.

It's a pre-installed OEM 7 home premium edition, but did several clean installs (because of the problems) with an original Family Pack 7 disc.

The system is being used as a Digital Audio Workstation in a recording studio so it would be great if someone can help me out with this.

If you need more information please let me know.

A:Random Freezes give BSOD notifications after reset

Both dumps read:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Hardware fault
X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_PRV
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
CPU stress test:

Prime95 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Free Software - GIMPS
Prime95 64-bit now available - Overclockers Forums

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [F:\a\Minidump\100310-23790-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`01e01000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0203ee50
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:14.930
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8008cbf038, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8008cbf038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`021846f0 fffff800`020bba89 : fffffa80`08cbf010 fffffa80`0796e040 fffff8a0`00000005 00000000`00000001 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`02184c10 fffff800`01f9d667 : fffffa80`08cbf010 fffff800`020165f8 fffffa80`0796e040 00000003`00000005 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`02184c40 fffff800`01f05c45 : fffff800`02078360 fffffa80`088b3828 fffffa80`088b3820 fffffa80`0796e040 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`02184c80 fffff800`01e7e961 : fffff880`010aae00 fffff800`01f05c20 fffffa80`0796e040 00000000`0000055a : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`02184cb0 fffff800`02115c06 : 5fac5fac`b7c4b7c4 fffffa80`0796e040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`0795a890 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`02184d40 fffff800`01e4fc26 : fffff880`020a4180 fffffa80`0796e040 fffff880`020af0c0 0df30df3`2b4c2b4c : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`02184d80 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`02185000 fffff880`0217f000 fffff880`0294b540 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/115442-random-freezes-give-bsod-notifications-after-reset.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

Yesterday we had a 3 second power failure and when my computer restarted, the desktop icons were taking foreverrrr to show up (usually my computer takes 30 secs to load up because I only have a few programs installed at the moment). So I forced shutdown using the button and then booted up again.

Now it won't get past the MOBO's post screen and I can't even use my keyboard to get into the startup or the bios. Every time I shut down my computer, when I go to turn it back on the same thing happens and the only way I can get it going again is to reset the jumpers.

I did research prior to asking for help, but it seemed that everyone had different issues. I've never heard of this one before. My only guess is the MOBO battery, but I highly doubt it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot!

A:Freezes at post screen. Need to reset jumpers EVERY restart

The cmos battery does not stop a post. You will get an error however the system will post.

I would put the system into a very basic state.
1 Open the case and pull the pw connector from ALL drives; hd and optical.
2 Disconnect any usb type device
3 Pull out any add-in cards such as sound, nic, etc. Leave in your video card
4 Remove all ram except one stick.

Now attempt a post. If it fails, shutdown and try a different ram chip.

If it still fails to post, you will need to swap parts with known good ones; ie power supply, motherboard, ram, etc to find the problem.

FWIW I just fixed a family member's system that suffered a power failure/surge. It was just the pw supply that went out [they were lucky]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezes-at-post-screen-need-to-reset-jumpers-every-restart.747277/
Relevancy 45.15%

So requires Windows 8.1 key full every time I open up my Lenovo yoga and log on I get a screen prompting me for my windows licence key Here it is I'm not the dumbest person when it comes to computers but I'm no wizard either I've tried restarting it shutting it down and rebooting it hard Windows 8.1 requires full key booting it and putting it into safe mode I have the key but I'm still wary of punching it in This is what's making me suspicious -The quot Privacy Statement quot text is not a link -The quot Customer Support quot area is not a link either and the box next to it just contains the Webpage Navigation error page -Only the quot Teamviewer quot quot Supremo quot quot LogMeIn quot and quot Cmd quot buttons lead to actual sites and I've read that these are all names of viruses scams -The paragraph seems to be an image file and not a text as I can't select the text as I can in the webpage navigation error bar -There are minor grammatical errors and the look of the thing makes me think that this isn't something Windows actually put together Any insight I've tried looking through the forums and if someone's had this problem before I must've missed the post Help is greatly appreciated thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74985-windows-8-1-requires-full-key.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i have a compaq running windows xp pro
we had problems with the power supply...and the dumbass techie switched the hard
drive into another machine instead of switching power supplies...
windows loaded up and started installing new drivers for all the hardware...

then he put the drive back in the old machine and everything worked...
but now its saying windows xp has three days to be activated....

why has this happened...and what can i do to fix it?

Relevancy 44.72%

I work on my Gateway while sitting on the couch. I surf the Internet and then watch TV. I surf a little more, and then I watch more TV. Some nights, when I slide the computer near me because I've shifted in my seat, the screen will go black and I have to push the On/Off switch until the computer shuts down. The computer, when the screen goes black, is still on, but no fingerpad strokes or combination of key stokes will turn the screen back on. Super frustrated about having to turn the computer off "the wrong way" a couple of nights a week. Any advice??? Thanks!

A:Screen shut-off requires hard shut down

Welcome to Seven forums Matthew00.
Does the screen turn off only when you move it close to you?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/185023-screen-shut-off-requires-hard-shut-down.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All I am a newbie and I am from York in the United Kingdom Please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong section but 8 Newbie help new on advice with requires or windows pc I could not find the section that I required I bought a new laptop weeks ago and I upgraded from windows the pc I have now is suppose to be twice as fast as my old laptop and it had double the memory I am running on an AMD Quad Core with GB memory so my problem is When I am booted up and I open my windows explorer search bar I type something in to find lets say Newbie requires advice or help on new pc with windows 8 This site it then does nothing for about seconds then Newbie requires advice or help on new pc with windows 8 it will come up with the with this site I will then highlight an section that I want and the little circle in the search bar will go round for about seconds then open up I will then click on a part of that section then I have to wait for the little circle to go round for about another seconds then it will bring it up if I click on my Back Arrow it will once again start to think about it then the circle will go round yes another seconds and it will go back its so frustrating and SLOW and its suppose to be twice as fast as my old laptop Why does it take so long with the little circle going round is it security checking on the things that I try to search If so can I turn this checker off why do I have to wait so long on every action command If anybody can help me I would be grateful and I have only used about Gb of my memory so it cant be that what is slowing it down or is this what windows will be like Thanks Christmas Wishes to All

A:Newbie requires advice or help on new pc with windows 8

Have you always had this problem? Did you do an upgrade install of Win8? Have you installed any updates? Have you installed any software that did not come on your machine?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/15275-newbie-requires-advice-help-new-pc-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am getting a message saying W10 needs activating which appeared today. It was activated when it was W7 years ago and presumably W10 was also on the upgrade as it has been working for about a year. Settings shows as not activated and clicking the activate link does nothing. Baffled!

A:Windows 10 requires activating all of a sudden

Even more baffled now as booting from a backup "clone" about a week old shows it is activated.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/windows-10-requires-activating-all-sudden-4599284/
Relevancy 44.72%

I m having the exact same problems The same as these people http answers yahoo com question index qi AAPYjg It even happens with some missing a requires windows codec games xI ran HiJackThis here is the file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes B Program Files x requires a missing windows codec Steam steam exeB Program Files x Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exeB Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeB Windows SysWOW Ctxfihlp exeB Windows SysWOW CTXFISPI EXEB Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeB Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeB Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeB Users germania Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page B Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - B Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - B Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - B Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - B Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - B Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot B Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run OCAudioIni B Program Files x One-click Audio Converter OCAudioIni exeO - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot B Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXEO - HKLM Run B C AGENT B ProgramData LGMOBILEAX B C Client B CNotiAgent exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot B Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run EVGAPrecision quot C Program Files x EVGA Precision EVGAPrecisionWrapper exe quot sO - HKCU Run Steam quot b program files x steam steam exe quot -silentO - HKCU Run Pando Media Booster B Program Files x Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exeO - HKCU Run NVIDIA nTune quot B Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneCmd exe quot resetprofileO - HKCU Run Google Update quot B Users germania AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot cO - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot B Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe quot -autorunO - HKCU RunServices tnavdecEurope B Users germania AppData Local Temp pTFB exeO - HKCU RunServices pTFB B Users germania AppData Local Temp pTFB exeO - Startup MagicDisc lnk B Program Files x MagicDisc MagicDisc exeO - Startup OneNote Schermopname en Snel starten lnk B Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xporteren naar Microsoft Excel - res B PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Save YouTube Video as MP - res B Program Files x Common Files DVDVideoSoft Dll IEContextMenuY dll scriptY MP htmO - Extra button Verzenden naar OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C... Read more

A:requires a missing windows codec

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEmsconfigsafebootminimalactivexdrivers32netsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.syssymmpi.sysadp3132.sysmv61xx.sysnvraid.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315648/requires-a-missing-windows-codec/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey there.
I had some problems in the last couple of days with my Windows, and had to format and reinstall Windows XP. After I installed it and configured everything, I noticed my other HDD (I have one 80gb for OS, and a 250gb one for everything else - games, music, well everything) is inaccessible, and that it requires a format so I could begin working with it.
I have almost 200gb of data on it, so I would really rather not to format the drive.
So I have a few questions:
1. Why is this happening? Why did a HDD that worked perfectly a hour ago, would now need formatting? I've reinstalled windows a thousand times before and never encountered that before.
2. How can I either override the need to format, or save atleast some of the data on the drive if I absoloutley have to...

Thanks alot.

Relevancy 44.72%

I opened up the System Properties and clicked on the Network ID wizard to see what options were available for change I didn't actually make any No made but changes Windows requires restart changes and attempted to close the No changes made but Windows requires restart wizard but as soon as I did a dialog pops up saying I must restart the computer Problem is this computer is running some critical programs and must continue to do so The wizard mentioned nothing about requiring a restart at all at least not to my memory Is No changes made but Windows requires restart there any way I can get rid of this dialog without the computer restarting I am also seriously afraid that Windows may try to restart itself when the computer is idle regardless of what else is running in the background I do not want to walk away from this computer and come back to find that Windows auto-restarted because Microsoft in all its infinite wisdom decided it would be a good idea to restart a functional computer without the user's explicit permission Thanks in advance

A:No changes made but Windows requires restart

It looks like you must have clicked on something in the wizzard, to make it think that you have changed something or you might have actually changed something, but there is no reason why you should restart your pc now or in the next few days if you do not want to.

The changes will only take effect at your next restart (if any). Windows will not restart it if you did not tell it to.

So just when it ask you if you want to restart the Pc now just say NO

Hope that helps :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-changes-made-but-windows-requires-restart-80433.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently I had a bout with Trojans Vundo in particular and spyware The machine just kept rebooting Installed XP on another partition in order to go out to the web and figure it out Finally I decided it would be easier to just reload After a clean boot Windows into to Requires CD Solved: XP install and installing drivers for some hardware Windows informed me it needed to reboot so the device would work correctly After POST I got a non bootable disk error I put the Windows DVD in to try a repair install but wanted to see what would happen if I let it go past press any key to boot from CD To my surprise I was able to get into Windows I suspected that there might be some virus spyware leftover in the MBR First I uninstalled the other copy of XP then tried repairing the MBR Now it comes up with a missing operating system message when I reboot I can get into windows as long as the boot from cd option is on in BIOS and I do not quot select any key to boot from CD quot If I set bios to boot from HD windows will not come up Am I going to need to blow out this install and fdisk the MBR Any ideas Incidentally I have a separate drive with all my apps and videos on it that MAY be allowing reinfection of my primary drive nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I need to run a hard reset on an Pavillion notebook as it won't start up at all/slowly. If I do this will it delete any saved files on the notebook as my daughter has all her exam work on it.Thx

A:Hard Reset

A reset will delete all of the files on the notebook. It is not a hard reset. that is something different. Have you tried booting to the usb recovery media that you should have created by now?If you do that, you can use Windows system restore to resolve the issue.  Do you see it below the Precautions heading in the image? Windows System refresh will also fix the issue without deleting any personal files.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Reset/td-p/5566689
Relevancy 44.29%

Im locked out of my phone, and Ive tried to do all the steps for a hard reset and it doesnt work.
Tried - Volume down and power the phone keeps cycleing through the boot up with an (!) on the screen
Tried - Volume down, Volume up, power off, no change

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439847-i-cant-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

when using hardware buttons to perform hard reset it does'nt work. i cant reach recovery mode, the phone just powers on normally every time

A:why cant i do a hard reset

If you can't figure out the hardware keys, you can reset the phone through settings > about > reset my phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443752-why-cant-i-do-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

A:How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

Hi: Here is a link with information for how to do a hard reset... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-do-a-hard-reset-on-my-hp-lap-top/td-p/5743314
Relevancy 44.29%

Will hard reset result in loss of valuable data (data in hard disk)?

A:Hard reset

No. A hard reset will not caue data loss.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset/td-p/5788091
Relevancy 44.29%

I have recently began having an issue with my Windows operations. When I click on the START button the menu flashes up and goes back off. I restarted my computer and received a startup option list that blinked rapidly until I hit the arrow key ( or mouse ). I was instructred to choose a device that would start up first ( options were Hard Drive or CD Drive ).
I chose Hard Drive and the reboot completed but now periodically the Start up button will work normally and sometimes it simply flases up and back off.
Not sure what to do at this point.

Well we have discovered the problem was with the keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-requires-entry-during-reboot.844314/
Relevancy 44.29%

I was missing program requires windows codec this able too get to this point on my own well with help from reading varios posts I was not able to get the gmer program this program requires missing windows codec to run so I did as another thread had mentioned and skipped that step here is the ddsDDS this program requires missing windows codec Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Ol Otis at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Spybot - Search and Destroy enabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exeC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exeC Program Files x Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files x Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows SysWOW IoctlSvc exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exec Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exeC Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection ProtectionUtilSurrogate exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Windows SysWOW atwtusb exeC Windows SysWOW TBLMOUSE EXEC Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files x Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exeC Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobileC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exec Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Users Ol Otis AppData Local Temp gcAUDwlskq exeC Program Files x Apple Software Update SoftwareUpdateFiles Resources de lproj AppleSoftwareUpdateFilesLocalized exeC Program Files x QuickTime QTSystem QuickTime Resources sv lproj QuickTimeQuickTime exeC Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared VBA VBA BasicEnvironment exeC Users Ol Otis AppData Local Temp gcAUDwlskq exeC Users Ol Otis AppData Local Temp gcAUDwlskq exeC Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared VBA VBA BasicEnvironment exeC Users Ol Otis AppData Local Temp gcAUDwlskq exeC Users Ol Otis AppData Local Temp gcAUDwlskq exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Windows system taskmgr exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Interne... Read more

A:this program requires missing windows codec

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:netsvcsmsconfigdrivers32 /all%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll%systemroot%\*. /mp /s/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32ahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sysuser32.dllws2_32.dll/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AUCREATERESTOREPOINTClick the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.In your reply, please post both OTL logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329832/this-program-requires-missing-windows-codec/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good afternoon,
I am not a user of Windows 10 but my dad (who is not good with computers) now has a computer with Windows 10. I am trying to help him with a problem that occurred this morning. Everything was fine with his computer yesterday but he says he turned it off last night but kept the powercord plugged in. This morning, when he went to turn it on, his computer no longer required at password at startup, his background picture of his dog was no longer there and it was replaced with a tree. Also, his desktop icons are no longer there. I have zero idea about how to help this situation and I have no idea what happened. Can someone please advise?
Many many thanks,
Erica

A:Windows 10 no longer requires password at startup

Hello Erica, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Since this has just recently happened, you may be able to do a system restore using a restore point dated before it happened to hopefully quickly undo and fix this.

System Restore Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41153-windows-10-no-longer-requires-password-startup.html
Relevancy 44.29%

After installing or removing a patch or a feature windows often requires a reboot Is there a tool to see the to know reboot? do details requires a why How exact windows I get exactly why windows asks for this In w I found that HKLM System CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager PendingFileRenameOperations often lists a How do I get to know the exact details why windows requires a reboot? bunch of actions which can just be ignored like cleaning up some temp stuff or can be solved without rebooting by just terminating nbsp a process or a service which prevented the file rename operations in the current session I found lockhunter being a very helpful tool for this purpose My server says it requires a reboot but I don't see any pending file rename operations I cannot reboot the server right now so I am curious to know why exactly the server wants a reboot I want to judge myself about the criticality of the reason If windows says it needs a reboot it well knows what the files are that need to be replaced so why can't it tell me As I said I often can resolve the PendingFileRenameOperations by hand If I then delete the PendingFileRenameOperations key windows does not request a reboot anymore On the server I don't see the PendingFileRenameOperations key and windows still says it wants a reboot So I want to know where else I need to look for the detailed reasons of the reboot windows pretends to require

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac8be08e-55c5-4fc3-a94e-fbb56acf57d2/how-do-i-get-to-know-the-exact-details-why-windows-requires-a-reboot?forum=w8itproinstall