Windows Support Forum

Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode

Q: Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode

Hi I am hoping people on the forum can help me Got a Dell XPS M last year January Everything was fine until today It's a North American machine but I Repair Stuck in Mode Windows Start or Screen Start-Up was in England for an exchange and currently am and I think Dell warranty on Hardware is year anyway so really no point after months into the second year The region just incase power has anything to do with but its been fine the past months so I don't see how it might In any case I was away last night and when I came back my computer was on because I left it to run a McAfee virus check When I was leaving it had GB of free space on Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode HDD but when I checked it when I returned it was at GB After I turned of Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode the computer later in the day and took it with me to a different city I connected it again and turned it on From that point it went directly to the windows welcome screen with windows logo and Windows text loading but not going anywhere Eventually it restarted giving me options Either go Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode into start-up repair or start windows normally When I start it normally same thing happens when I go into system repair it is stuck at a black screen with a mouse cursor It won't boot safe mode or any other mode giving me error screens Either Fatal Error or STOP x B error I've had an HP fail on me last year with Vista and it was a motherboard failure I am afraid this may be the same thing again although I am not sure It won't boot in safe mode and I do not have the recovery or the windows CD on me win was an upgrade option purchased through my university What can I possibly do to try and fix it Thank you very much for any advice you can offer PS Because its a dell it now automatically loads into the MediaDirect screen but then again proceeds to an error screen

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode

Welcome!

Fortunately, you can still create a repair disc, using method 2 of this tutorial: System Repair Disc - Create

Just download the ISO and burn it.

Try booting to the repair disc, and try a System Restore: System Restore

Good luck!
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/72321-windows-stuck-start-screen-start-up-repair-mode.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi 
At my current company we have an issues after windows updates occur. All of these are HP machines, sporadically some machines fail to boot to windows, stay stuck at the windows logo screen or they get start up repair issue sometimes this goes in to the.

The temp fix we found is to press F8 > Last know good config.
 Then we log in and do bios update / firmware update. This fix lasts for a while, then after windows updates or without update the same problem occurs including that machines that have had the BIOS/firmware updates. What we have done is run the BIOS
update again even though its the same BIOS update installed previosly as there are no more new updates avaiable. This again temporarily fixes this. 
Any idea on how to resolve this without us doing BIOS update etc. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cc681e17-bed8-485b-abbb-fa6a5a9f339e/start-up-repair-issue-or-stuck-at-windows-screen?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 102.34%

I am working on an HP 2000-2b09wm laptop running windows 8.   When you start the computer, it shopws the hp sign and under it is says, "WIndows Automatic Repair" then after it runs for a few minutes, it goes to a black screen?   I cannot get to the windows desktop to start repairing it or starting a virus scan.   I am kind of new to windows 8.  How can i fix this?  How do i start it in safe mode so i can install and start i virus scan?  Any help would be great.  THANKS!

A:How to start in SAFE MODE? Stuck on automatic repair?

From the Windows 8 Help & Support, here's the procedure
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
With Windows Startup Settings (which used to be called "Advanced boot options") you can start Windows in different advanced troubleshooting modes to help you find and fix problems on your PC.
To get to Windows Startup Settings
1.     Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
2.     Under PC settings, tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
3.     Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
4.     Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.
5.If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click Advanced options.
6.     Tap or click Startup Settings.
7.     Tap or click Restart.
8.     On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting you want.
9.     Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 MS keeps coming out with updates telling us how wonderful they've made it, but I defy anyone to call this an improvement!   

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535763/how-to-start-in-safe-mode-stuck-on-automatic-repair/
Relevancy 101.05%

My computer is stuck in Start up Repair Mode, I have spent days trying to figure something out. Is the only thing i can do let it restart and restart and eventually it will fix itself? I have tried all F2 booting options and theres really nothing in F12 i can use. But the problem is, when i go to hit F8 or shift F11, the computer just beeps at me and nothing happens. i have tried without the battery and holding the power button for 30 sec. Is there any other options or is this the end?
Dell Inspiron 1420 Home premium 32bit. Do not have vista disks.
thanks, Tyler

A:Stuck in Startup Repair Mode - no advanced start up options

hi can you borrow a disc from a friend

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-startup-repair-mode-no-advanced-start-up-options.1091558/
Relevancy 101.05%

My computer is stuck in Start up Repair Mode, I have spent days trying to figure something out. Is the only thing i can do let it restart and restart and eventually it will fix itself? I have tried all F2 booting options and theres really nothing in F12 i can use. But the problem is, when i go to hit F8 or shift F11, the computer just beeps at me and nothing happens. i have tried without the battery and holding the power button for 30 sec. Is there any other options or is this the end?
Dell Inspiron 1420 Home premium. Do not have vista disks.
thanks, Tyler

Try this. VISTA - REPAIR LOOP - Microsoft Community

Also see this: Repair Vista Options - Preferred Sequence

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299770-stuck-startup-repair-mode-no-advanced-start-up-options.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I have the same problem Stuck in Startup Repair Mode - no advanced start up options

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-startup-repair-mode-no-advanced-start-up-options.1091805/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi there,
Yesterday I was watching a video on my laptop when a terrible grinding noise, like a disk stuck in a drive, started blasting out and the computer froze. It was a terrible sound so I unplugged the laptop.
Now, when I turn it on I am taken through the start up repair but none of the restore options or diagnostic scans work. I am just brought back here when the laptop resets. If I try to boot in safe mode or via a usb the laptop blue screens.
I can boot asus express cloud but when I try to open the OS from there it blue screens too.
I am looking for a way to get back into my computer. Any help is much appreciated.
I am using an ASUS 64 bit laptop that runs windows 7. If any further information is needed please let me know. Thanks in advance.

A:stuck in blue screen/start up repair loop

It appears like your OS malfunctioned. Try installing another bootable OS immediately the blue screen appears. I recommend a  different version of OS from the one you are using.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610307/stuck-in-blue-screenstart-up-repair-loop/
Relevancy 94.17%

Windows failed to start startup repair cannot repair this computer safe mode cannot load chkdsk freezes sfc scan cannot perform the requested operation Hi I cannot start my Windows at all With power on the system tries to load up but ' windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause' Trying to open safe mode or last good configuration doesn't work it goes automatically to startup repair but after about an hour trying it says ' Windows Startup Repair Cannot Repair This Computer ' tried a few times After another reboot with a windows repair disk in the drive I managed to open the recovery manager this cannot start, mode Windows computer, startup to repair safe failed repair cannot from the DVD instead of the HDD and tried all the options - system recovery does not work i have no previous images of the system I ran a scan on Windows failed to start, startup repair cannot repair this computer, safe mode cannot the memory - it was all clear but still windows not starting Then I did CHKDSK and it froze at on stage of that happened a couple of times so I decided to run an sfc scannow but another error 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation' So I'm totally stuck and don't know where to go next I've got no windows installation disk only repair disk Any ideas would be much appreciated

A:Windows failed to start, startup repair cannot repair this computer, safe mode cannot

Hi and welcome to TSF what is the make and model of the computer,is just a repair disc or is it a recovery disc does your machine have a recovery partition,have you tried removing and reseating the ram or running any diagnostic test like memtest 86 + or seatools for dos

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-failed-to-start-startup-repair-cannot-repair-this-computer-safe-mode-cannot-654592.html
Relevancy 93.31%

hi yesterday i was playing some game and i shut down the pc. When i started it up it booted to start up repair. When it checks for errors it says start up cannot repair this computer automatically. And the problem detail: missingosloader. Ive tried with system restore but it gives me 0x0888ffff error (i think that was the adress). I cant get to safe mode via f8. Please help me I have many files for school I need

A:windows 7 stuck start up repair

Information
Boot up using the Startup Repair CD or Windows 7 DVD. (not the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk) If you have a Netbook, you will need a CD/DVD drive.
NOTE: Make sure no USB drives are plugged in.
Do not use a USB Pendrive for Startup Repair.
startup repair disc-create

Do a Strartup Repair:
Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

If you have not made your Startup Repair
System Repair Disc - Create
Do you have a mate with Windows 7 & CD/DVD RW Drive, how could burn one off.

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/187128-windows-7-stuck-start-up-repair.html
Relevancy 93.31%

PLEASE HELP

My laptop hp pavilion starts up and freezes on a black screen. it doesn't load so i tried safe mode and it gets stuck on.

Loading: \windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys
I tried windows reload and repair and same issue even after i reloaded and repaired it. Can some one please help me!

David

A:Vista start up screen black safe mode is stuck!!!!

hi try this
Restore the PC to its original condition with the HP Recovery Manager if Windows Vista is not accessible
If the PC cannot launch into Windows, it may still be possible to use the HP Recovery Manager on the hard drive to restore the computer to its original operating condition by first pressing the Power button to start the PC, and then pressing the F11 key to start the HP Recovery Manager. NOTE: Depending on the BIOS version, your computer may display multiple prompts during startup including F11 to start System Recovery. Pressing the F11 key on a computer with an HP factory image will start System Recovery even if the prompt is not displayed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-start-up-screen-black-safe-mode-is-stuck.851393/
Relevancy 93.31%

hp laptop when i start up my laptop it goes to a black screen an freezes and when i try safe mode it freezes at

loading: \windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys

I have tryed repairing and reloading microsoft still the same error. if any one knows how to correct this problem please help!

A:Vista start up screen black safe mode is stuck

hi you should have a recovery partition this should help
Restore the PC to its original condition with the HP Recovery Manager if Windows Vista is not accessible
If the PC cannot launch into Windows, it may still be possible to use the HP Recovery Manager on the hard drive to restore the computer to its original operating condition by first pressing the Power button to start the PC, and then pressing the F11 key to start the HP Recovery Manager. NOTE: Depending on the BIOS version, your computer may display multiple prompts during startup including F11 to start System Recovery. Pressing the F11 key on a computer with an HP factory image will start System Recovery even if the prompt is not displayed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-start-up-screen-black-safe-mode-is-stuck.851409/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello, I've got a laptop ASus for 2months, after removing avast and using ccleaner my laptop is stuck on a repair loop.Tryied most of the things i found online but nothing.

I saw in an older post about downloading a recovery tool?

Can you please help me?

A:Computer won't start up, stuck in start up repair

Did you use the registry tool in CCleaner?

Why did you remove Avast and use the CCleaner?

If this laptop is only a couple of months old you shouldn't have a great deal of additional data or applications installed on it.  It may be worth using the System Recovery partition to reset the operating system to the condition it was in when it came out of the box.

What is the model of the ASUS?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597204/computer-wont-start-up-stuck-in-start-up-repair/
Relevancy 92.45%

My 2 year old shut down my computer maually and Since then, I have been unable to turn the computer on. It is stuck in start up repair. My husband tried to do a system restore, but it went straight back to start up repair. Please advise!

A:Computer won't start up, stuck in start up repair

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.  Let´s try to get this fixed. Please tell me, which Windows version is installed. Also tell me, if it is 32- or 64bit.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497568/computer-wont-start-up-stuck-in-start-up-repair/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello this is quite a bothersome little error let me explain to the best of my ability The Patient A beautiful custom made computer H H -M motherbaord i intel loop repair Windows 7 on Stuck Up Start processor DDR gb ram with a gb Nivida Driver and gb Seagate harddrive Running on Windows Professional if it matters The problem My windows opens on the start up repair when the scan finishes the scan that doesn't even last seconds it Stuck on Windows 7 Start Up repair loop restats and begains again How it began I do not Stuck on Windows 7 Start Up repair loop know I am however leaning towards a corrupt Hard drive or a Virus Hoping it is a virus because I really want to salvage the memory on the hard drive I left my computer on while I went to watch a movie when I came back the computer was off and the monitor was still on When I turned it on it the screen froze and so I turned if off by holding on the power button I waited seconds and turned it on again and that is when the Start Up error began How I have tried to solve said problem first I let it run its course after the fifth time I knew this was not going to get better I procited to start the computer using the f options all of which did a really funny thing Safe Mode showed one line of text and then immidiatly to start up repair Last good config also start up repair My personal favorite Disable start up repair took me to you guessed it right back to start up repair I looked for other ways to start it up so before the start up scan was iniciated I canceld it to recieve other options Startup Repair would do nothing just restart it System Restore Showed that there was no other check point to return to System Image Recovery Also shows nothing doesn't even detect the DVD I have in the drive which also happens to be the Image Recovery disk WIndows Memory Diagnostic does abosulty nothing Command Prompt is where I had more success I did a chkdsk on the C dir it showed everything was ok yet I could not see the files it has in its directory using the dir On the harddisk D it show something like this WARNING F parameter not specified Running CHKDSK in read-only mode Currupt master file table Windows will attempt to recover Windows cannot recover master file table CHKDSK aborted to this I responed with the chkdsk r and the results were almost the same After this I gave in to it being a currupt disk until I was about to re-install windows I saw a repair option as I opened it I found that the windows partition size was normally this should have more So I looked around and found this link which lead me to a great tool also presented here on bleeping computer the FRST tool Now upon running this tool I realized a bunch of my files have disappeart and not just normal files these where critical files that are used to start up windows the Software Hive files and a whole lot of system files I am now trying to find the files to restore them because well I want to keep the memory if at all possible but if not nuking the memory might be the fastest and easiest way Thanks to whom ever took the time to read all this and hope we can find a solution that doesn't involve memory loss If you need to see the FRST report I will gladdly paste it if it is necessary

A:Stuck on Windows 7 Start Up repair loop

hello and to bleepingcomputer! A corrupt MFT could mean that the drive is bad, question for you is do you have any data on the drive that you would need to recover? If yes, we'll need to use a data recovery software to try and get data from the drive, if not we should run a hardware diagnostic to check if the drive is done or not. Create a cd/dvd on a working computer and Run a 'long test' with Seagate tools for dos using the below instruction

1. For writing it to a CD/DVD, follow this tutorial: Burn Disc Image - ISO or IMG file2. For writing it to an USB pen drive, the easy way is to use Win32 Disk Imager | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net

Note
The downloaded ISO will not be written to the USB Pen Drive as it is. You need to alter the .iso file a bit to make it writable. Very little job is involved. Download or install either 7-Zip (free) or WinRAR (not free).
Extract the downloaded .iso file.
Rename the SeaTools.ima to SeaTools.img.
Burn the SeaTools.img file using Win32 Disk Imager
3. Download and double click to execute it. Select teh USB device, and browse for the renamed .img image.

4. Double click on the image, when found.

5. Click on Write.

6. A Confirm Overwrite message will appear. Click yes.

7. See the progress bar for a few seconds and the image is written and ready to boot from.PART - II: Booting from Seatools for DOS1. Now it is to boot from the CD/DVD or USB. You may do it using two alternative ways.
Enter into the BISO and change the BOOT order to CD (or USB) to first.
Use the BIOS Boot Menu Key to get the list of all possible devices to boot from. Select the CD (or USB) by using the scroll arrow keys and enter.
2. When on the GUI, at first a warning message will appear. Accept it by clicking on "I Accept".

Part - 3: Testing
There are three types of tests.
Short Test;
Long Test; and
Acoustic Test.

For most of the cases, Short tests are enough. But if Short tests detect problems, Long tests are suggested.

Information
Long test has a mechanism to recover/repair some disc errors like BAD sectors. But the recovery/repair options work only for Seagate brand HDDs.

PART - IV: Results
Test results are of two types, in general.
Passed; and
Failed with errors; which may yield two possible alternative ultimate outcomes.
Passed after repair
Failed after repair

1. If passed, its all good.

2. If the test result a failure, with bad sectors etc, it will suggest you to have a warranty replacement, with a supplied test code.

Click on "Done". It will supply you some options to repair the failures.

You need to opt for "Repair this one and all remaining".2.(a) If repairs are successful, it will show a result as passed after repair. It is good, too.

2.( But if the repair is unsuccessful, then there is no way but try to back up your data and replace the disc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529870/stuck-on-windows-7-start-up-repair-loop/
Relevancy 92.02%

Like the title says, my computer is stuck on a black screen. I downloaded an update and was instructed to restart the computer. After restarting the computer it went to a black screen. It won't do anything past that. I've tried starting it in safe mode but always with the same result. I have no idea what to do with this short of taking it to Best Buy to have the geek squad take a look at it and frankly I don't feel like doing that. If anyone knows how to fix this or has any suggestions, I'm open to anything. Please help.

A:Computer stuck on black screen - wont start in safe mode

Have you tried selecting Last Known Good Configuration from the Safe Mode menu? It sometimes works. Also, if you put in your W7 DVD and select Repair rather than Install after making the language choice, StartUp repair might help and if it does not, try System Restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-stuck-on-black-screen-wont-start-in-safe-mode.980642/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello all I have been tearing my hair out all day on Windows Machine 7 Repair Stuck ... in Up Loop Start this issue and hope someone can help System specs are here Last night the machine kept having the audio fade in and out and I would randomly hear the sound effect of a USB device being connected disconnect when I wasn't do so So I ran CCleaner and rebooted It the dumped me to the Start Up Repair menu and said it could not be repaired If I hit quot Finished quot the machine powered down So I booted up the DVD for Windows ran the Start Up Repair from there It said it worked and if I run it again from the DVD it says no errors are found I also ran the memory checker came up fine ran chkdsk Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... came up fine ran the Seagate Harddrive Utility for DOS came up fine and finally an AVG virus scan from boot media came up Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... fine I attempted Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... System Restore on every available restore point and each one failed with a hex error code Still when I boot up normally it throws me to the Start Up Repair screen doesn't fix the issue and produces the following output Problem Event Name StartUpRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NotRootCause OS Version Locale ID I live in a remote area and we only have one PC repair place in town and the gentleman who runs it is gone until the th I'm typing this message on an ancient Mac Book but it won't do for the work I must complete I'd also like to avoid having to format the HD for the obvious reason If I absolutely have to I will but I'm not convinced its HD related since everything comes up clean on the HD health Anyone have any ideas Thank you so much for your time EDIT I just ran Windows Defender Offline and it did not find any malware EDIT I ran sfc sfc scannow offbootdir d offwindir d windows from the install disc gt Repair gt Command prompt window The result was simply Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

A:Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ...

Hello and welcome Rivet mate you are in the right place now and I know how frustrating it can be but there are lots of real clever folks in here that can help out.

Now can you get Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware onto a stick and run these in the machine with the problem?

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

both are free and might take a while to run. Also what are you using to install the 7 on the machine as you say you don't want to format and start again which leaves me thinking you have done some stuff on the machine before this problem cropped up? I ask because I would normally say try another install. It would be useful to use the tutorial below first but you need a machine with a running system to attach the drive to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/113967-ssd-alignment.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272746-windows-7-machine-stuck-start-up-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello all I have been tearing my hair out all day on this issue and hope someone can help First system specs Intel Core i Processor GHz core Gigabytes of RAM Win -bit Home Premium GeForce GTX Ti GB VRAM Last night the machine kept having the audio fade in and out and I would randomly hear the sound effect of a USB device being connected disconnect when I wasn t do so So I ran CCleaner and rebooted It the dumped me to the Start Up Repair menu and said it could not be repaired If I hit quot Finished quot the machine powered down So I booted up the DVD for Windows ran the Start Up Repair from there It said it worked and if I run it again from the DVD it says no errors are found I also ran the memory checker came up fine ran chkdsk came up fine ran the Seagate Harddrive Utility for DOS came up fine and finally an AVG virus scan from boot media came up fine I attempted System Restore on every available restore point and each one failed with a hex error code Still when I boot up normally it throws me to the 7 Machine Start Loop Stuck in Up Windows ... Repair Start Up Repair screen doesn t fix the issue and produces the following output Problem Event Name StartUpRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NotRootCause OS Version Locale Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... ID I live in a remote area and we only have one PC repair place in town and the gentleman who runs it is gone until the th I m typing this message on an ancient Mac Book but it won t do for the work I must complete I d also like to avoid having to format the HD for the obvious reason If I absolutely have to I will but I m not convinced its HD related Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... since everything comes up clean on the HD health Anyone have any ideas Thank you so much for your time EDIT One other thing I that I tried just now was running the Windows Defender Offline tool and it came up with no malware EDIT I ran sfc sfc scannow offbootdir d offwindir d windows from the install disc gt Repair gt Command prompt window The result was simply Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

A:Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ...

Please do the following:(the screenshots are from Windows XP, but things will be essentially the same in Windows 7)Get a look at the error message presented by the BSOD (blue screen of death) ....Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Advanced Boot Options" menu screen.
Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press the <ENTER> key.Your system will attempt to start normally, but when it crashes, it will not re-start: Instead, you will see a BSOD with error message.
Record the error message details (contained in the areas outlined in red, in the above example image), and post in your reply.Note the text in the lower left-side corner of the error message screen. In the example image above, it reads:
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical dump of memory complete.
Contact .................... for further assistance.
Please report what you see on your error screen if different.When you have recorded the error message, you will need to press the RESTART button or the ON/OFF button (and hold for 5 seconds), to restart/switch off the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480984/windows-7-machine-stuck-in-start-up-repair-loop/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi all,
I run windows 7 on a HP laptop - recently on start up I get a box
with a message "wont open" - will launch "repair" - "this will take a few
minutes and computer may open and close several times etc" .

This now happens regularly on start up - any suggestions to
fix the problem?

Many thanks

ronno21

A:Windows 7 launches "Repair" mode on Start Up

You might want to test your hard drive.  Usually if you hard drive is failing it can do weird things like that

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504453/windows-7-launches-repair-mode-on-start-up/
Relevancy 88.58%

I'm using a Toshiba Laptop L -X with windows home premium Last week while starting the laptop it got stuck at quot Starting Windows quot screen I then switched it off and restarted it again It asked for quot Start up repair quot or 7 both safe Windows and up start gets during Normal mode stuck quot Start windows normally quot I chose start windows normally It started fine Later on i didnt face any problems that day Everything was normal The Windows 7 gets stuck during both Normal and safe mode start up next day again the same problem I chose start up repair But it couldnt find any solutions I tried to run it in Safe mode then It gets stuck at quot loading screen quot every time Then i tried clean boot method Didnt work When it gets stuck at Starting windows screen and I turn d power off n switch it on again and select start windows normally it works fine Then I tried this method quot Sounds like you have hard disk errors Use Advanced Boot Options to select Repair Your Computer and get to the System Recovery Options Then select the command prompt Do the following chkdsk r c chkdsk r d chkdsk r e chkdsk r f quot There were no errors in any other drives except the f i e volume label OS installed drive It starts quot Inserting an index entry with id xxxx into index SII of file quot After completing it says quot Repairing the security file record segment file SDs SIDs processed quot And stops after that I dont know what to do next Should i just reinstall Please Help

A:Windows 7 gets stuck during both Normal and safe mode start up

Hi,

Do a system restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297504-windows-7-gets-stuck-during-both-normal-safe-mode-start-up.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello hope someone can help with this mess Gateway DX Operating System Genuine Windows Home Premium -bit Processor Intel Core i processor up to MHz FSB Intel Core i processor up to MHz FSB Seemed to be running fine then we had a power outage Loaded start repair on Windows mode, any forever Can't startup in goes up to windows Can't start Windows in any mode, startup repair goes on forever without issue then the next day would not load to windows It did however go to startup repair for days yikes I downloaded AVG Rescue to USB and ran all the scans I could No viruses have been found but there are errors I think I need some professional help I did get to windows once but everything was running painfully slow I plugged in a flash drive to try to transfer my photos but computer would not recognize the device Finally it just shut down to a black screen I can get to the windows recovery screen but I really wanted to get my personal files pictures etc off before I do that I would really appreciate any help you could give Thanks

A:Can't start Windows in any mode, startup repair goes on forever

Get to Windows Recovery Environment:

Press F8 during startup, until you get the black screen with Repair my computer, Safe mode, ...
Choose 'Repair my computer'.
Then in the System Recovery Options, please select Command Prompt.

Type in the command prompt: notepad

==> Now Notepad will open, then click File - Open, On the "Files of type" box select "All files". From now you can get to my "computer". Also connect the USB-drive or external HD. Next copy your private folders to the USB-device or External HD for backup.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501775/cant-start-windows-in-any-mode-startup-repair-goes-on-forever/
Relevancy 87.72%

My windows 7 Asus Eee Pc 1005HA netbuk was stuck on windows startup repair, after the repair when i click Finish it shut down automatically.

A:Windows 7 stuck on Windows start up repair Loop then shut down

See if these steps will help you Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376257-windows-7-stuck-windows-start-up-repair-loop-then-shut-down.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi first of all sorry for my bad English...

I can not start the computer in normal mode, only in safe mode
I tried system restore but still I can not run Windows 7 in normal mode

When I press f8 at startup option to repair your computer is not listed as an option.
i tried system restores but without any success.
i also tried reagentc/enable by searching solutions in one of the posts here and its says it on but when i startup the f8 i still can't find the repair option.

I don't have the installation cd and I cannot currently get the cd,any suggestions?
Thanks.

A:windows 7 start only in safe mode and the repair option is missing

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, or it's not up to the Service Pack level currently installed, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file. Just be careful during the install not to accidentally install some of the bundled junk that comes with it. Always take The Custom Install option.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO. The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.

You can also create a bootable USB Flash drive (4GB or larger) to install Windows 7 from.Download and run Universal USB Installer Easy as 1 2 3
Select Windows 7 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
Select the downloaded Windows 7 iso file
Select your USB flash drive
Click Create
For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.

This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/314116-windows-7-start-only-safe-mode-repair-option-missing.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi!

A few days ago, when I turned on my laptop, it said "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause." I tried solving the problem via installation disc and Repair your computer, but Startup repair doesn't seem to do anything (ran it twice), System restore can't find a point from which to restore and Refresh your PC also doesn't do anything. By the way, every operation in Repair your computer takes really long, about one or two hours.

Also, I can't get into safe mode as pressing the f8 (or f5) button ends in beeping and command prompt starts with x:\sources instead of c:\windows so safeboot minimal/network doesn't work.

I've also tried using explorer.exe to copy the most urgent files to usb flash drive but it doesn't show the files from c:.

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384203-windows-7-fails-start-startup-repair-safe-mode-dont-work.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi on my Hp notebook, I rebooted it and logged on. Initially, it was stuck on "Preparing Windows" for about 15 Minutes but after that it's been stuck on "Just a moment" for a very long time now. Can you please tell me what I to do in order to fix this and start using my laptop normally again? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-stuck-on-start-up-screen/td-p/5658842
Relevancy 84.71%

EDIT Forgot to say sorry if this isn't the right thread let me know if I'm worked can't haven't repair works, safe mode many Suddenly windows, start options in the wrong place Hello my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L D running Vista home premium bit As of about two nights ago I can't get into Windows normally it reaches the Microsoft Corporation screen with the green loading bar and hangs there indefinitely It was working fine earlier that day Tuesday but after I'd turned it off for a couple hours it started doing this once Suddenly can't start windows, safe mode works, many repair options haven't worked I tried starting it up again I can get into safe mode and I'm able to use copy etc my files and programs fine as long as safe mode allows I have been doing basically nothing but trying to fix my computer since this started I've done a lot so I apologize that this post will be a bit of a doozy I just don't want to miss anything possibly weird There's a couple little issues with safe mode When restarting shutting down from safe mode it'll reach the blue quot shutting down quot screen and hang load for several minutes like nearly - before bluescreening and shutting offUninstalling disabling things in Device Manager brings up the uninstalling dialog which loads indefinitely I've left it for minutes I tried this on several devices and same resultAn info balloon popup from the notification area reads quot Hardware ID Missing Windows cannot identify the device plugged into Realtek USB Card Reader For assistance contact the hardware manufacturer quot I'm not sure what this is referring to My USB port CD DVD slot and SD card slot are all working fine Other than these safe mode seems to be totally fine Things I've tried Last known good configuration does nothing still hangs on the same screen when starting upClean boot set up in safe mode doesn't work same resultSystem restore doesn't change anything same result But when getting into safe mode I get the dialog telling me the system was restored to an earlier dateChkdsk never ran when starting it from safe mode telling me it'll do it on the next restart and doesn't run when starting up in either modeAVG didn't find anything I don't have any Vista or recovery disks DVDs and never have I got the laptop as a gift a couple years ago and don't recall finding a disk in the box but I have a recovery disk burned by a friend same person that bought me the computer I think I got this disk or years ago Running from the disk I got more repair recovery options so more things I've tried since I got that Memory diagnostics came out finesfc scannow in the command prompt comes back with quot Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix them quot Finally got chkdsk to work through the command prompt that I can remember it never came back with anything weird badbootrec fixmbr and bootrec fixboot both came back as confirmed but didn't change anything aaand Startup Repair First couple of times I got this quot If you have recently attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you continue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance quot Nothing was attached It did this again earlier today too though so maybe it's just being moody Eventually it worked and I ran it a few times When it completed and told me to finish and restart nothing changed when starting up normal mode I always check the info before finishing and every time the root cause is something like bugcheck and a bunch of numbers and letters I haven't thought to write it down sorryEither once or twice it didn't work telling me quot unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem quot OR it did finish and that was the root cause and the time it didn't work I don't remember what it said exactly it's one of those two sorry for vagueness And that is everything sorry for the huge wall of... Read more

A:Suddenly can't start windows, safe mode works, many repair options haven't worked

Post here and ask Peter (Ex_Brit) to send you the link to the versions of Vista you need, 32 or 64. Include your E-mail address mucked up, like abc at xyz DOT com then edit your post and remove it as soon as you receive the link.

The ISO Peter provides has both SP1 and SP2 applied.

Use ImgBurn at 4X speed to create the bootable Vista Install DVD.

How to run chkdsk and System File Checker (SFC) from the Recovery Console

Boot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVDWhen you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press EnterAt the "Install Windows" screen, click on Repair your computer at lower leftAt the System Recovery Options screen, make note of the drive letter assigned to your boot drive (normally C: ) and click NextAt the Chose a Recovery Tool window, click on Command Prompt. You will be sitting at X:\Sources directoryRun chkdsk or SFCIf you did not note the drive letter of your boot disk, you can enter bcdedit and look at the osdevice line to see what it is.For chkdsk, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter (use the letter from above if not C: ).For sfc, type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows and press Enter (use the letter from above)

Let either run to completion undisturbed.

Here is a good tutorial on Clean Installing Vista: Clean Install with a Full Version of Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302901-suddenly-cant-start-windows-safe-mode-works-many-repair-options-havent-worked.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello everyone! I just installed Windows 7 On my mothers Dell Inspiron 1525 which had Windows Vista 32bit just yesterday. Then it shut down and after finally getting it back to the startup repair screen it has now been stuck in repairing for 12 hours...I really need help as I am going back to school and my mother needs her laptop!

A:Stuck in Start up Repair

Rikster, were you doing a clean install? Can you provide any details why it shut down and started with a repair?
If clean install and you don't need any files etc from that disk, I would first verify teh HDD integrity somehow and start over with the clean install.
If not, please give us some details
tks, and welcome to the forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32110-stuck-start-up-repair.html
Relevancy 84.28%

All my MS Office programs crashed tonight and I'm trying to figure out what happened I'm following the instructions here https support office com en-ie art - d b a fa This is the section I'm trying to follow Starting the application in Safe Mode is a great way to find out if the problem is caused by and add-in To do this go to your Start screen in Windows or click Start gt Run in Windows and type one of the following commands Type excel safe and press Enter to start Excel Type outlook safe and press Enter to start Outlook Type winword safe and press Enter to start Word I'm at the start screen and the only place to type anything is in the search box Is this correct screen? from to start in How mode start the programs safe Because when I type outlook safe here it just brings up articles about opening Outlook in safe mode Isn't it supposed to launch Outlook What am I doing wrong This may be the wrong place to say this but I HATE windows Sorry

A:How to start programs in safe mode from the start screen?

Well that worked for me, make sure you get the spacing's on the forward slash correct. The top sections was Program start excel safe mode. I clicked it and excel opened in safe mode? I don't think this has anything to do with windows 8.1 seem the method was the same in windows 7
I'm no Office expert but it sounds like you have some seriously damaged files in Office, you could try a repair install perhaps that would fix them for you.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70623-how-start-programs-safe-mode-start-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi on windows up on screen splash start XP stuck xp all I started up my system today and on the windows splash screen the page on start up that shoes the WINXP logo and the blue scrolling bar below The blue scrolling bar was stuck in one XP stuck on windows xp splash screen on start up place and stayed there for a good hours so I restarted and was greeted by the infamous Disk boot failure Insert a system disk and press enter So I turned off my system and took the side of the case of and disconnected the SATA cable from the hard drive and then the power cable from the hard drive as well connected them back up powered the system back up and I am now back on the windows splash screen With the scrolling blue bar below XP stuck on windows xp splash screen on start up the WINXP logo stopping and starting randomly now and again I am going to leave it for hours see if it recovers its self anyone got any ideas if this does not work what to do I have my windows XP disk and serial number so I guess its fresh install Still what could have caused this as it s happened twice now Could it be the SATA drivers I have all the driver installed by a shop do I need to install SATA driver for the HD or not could the drive be faulty All help thanked as always thanks Adam Here are my specs AMD A mb kingston DDR mb kingston DDR NVIDIA GeForce SLI GT XP stuck on windows xp splash screen on start up PCIe MB X SLI enabled Asus A N-SLI Deluxe Nforce PCiEx Serial ATA GB RPM Maxtor MB Cache Microsoft Windows XP Home SP Thanks again for all help any info needed just ask amp Adam nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello Stuck Not On Did Screen "windows Start Successfully" My husband went to a website stating that it would help with World of Warcraft quests as soon as he got there something popped up saying that there Stuck On "windows Did Not Start Successfully" Screen was a trojan virus attached to the website He closed out of the website Our antivirus Symantec popped up stating it was trying to fix it My husband didn t know what to do so he closed that As soon as he closed it the wall paper was gone and the screen went blue The antivirus popped up again he clicked clean it came back asking him what to do Stuck On "windows Did Not Start Successfully" Screen next he wasn t sure and it was am so he closed it all down It would not shut down so he did Stuck On "windows Did Not Start Successfully" Screen a hard shut down by holding down the power button When he booted the system this morning it went to the quot Windows did not start successfully quot screen no matter which boot option you choose it comes back to this screen Even if you let the count down timer run out it goes back to this screen Please help me Do I need to just throw this expensive paper weight out Is there any saving it would a boot disk help Thank you for any help you can give teenabeena

A:Stuck On "windows Did Not Start Successfully" Screen

It sounds to me that it has corupted some of the main system files. The best thing to do would be to run a boot disk like UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD) and then take all the files you require off onto a external drive. Then restore from backup.
If you don't have a backup then try running the XP CD and use the repair mode when prompted. This will enable you to run a Chkdsk /f to fix any errors on the drive. Although I don't think this will help.

Best option remove the files you want to keep and do a reload of XP if you don't have a backup.

I Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163342/stuck-on-windows-did-not-start-successfully-screen/
Relevancy 84.28%

when i try to start my hp notebook it freezes up on a blue screen its not totally blue it has streaks of light on itits exactly this yet without the install not window, its just the background and nothing else. i can still move the cursor. I have tried start up repair and it said it can not fix the problem, and i hit f 11 and tried to reset it to its original state and i still get the same blue screen. Is there any way to fix this? the laptop has no cd drive.

A:windows 7 will not start stuck on a blue screen

Work through these steps which try everything that possibly can be done for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start leading up to if necessary rescuiing your files to run HP System Recovery or get the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290106-windows-7-will-not-start-stuck-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I am writing from my own laptop, but the problem I am having is with another laptop.It is a Sony Vaio running Windows Vista.I am getting an error message when trying to turn it on--Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:1. Insert you Windows installation disc and restart your computer.2. Choose language settings, click next3. Click "repair your computer"If you do not have the disc (of course, I don't!) contact your system admin or computer manufacturer for assistance.File: \Windows\system32\config\systemStatus: 0xc000014cInfo: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt.

A:Windows VISTA: Failed to start...won't start in safe mode, or any other mode!

Typically the system32 Files I would simply replace and expect to get back in to Windows, but with The Registry file being purported as Damaged or missing I would recommend re-installing windows. You can get restore CD's from your manufacturer.

If you tap the F8 key on boot and get options to boot into other modes, I would pick Last known good configuration as you might fix the problem this way.
Not likely, but it's worth a shot.
Good Luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181379/windows-vista-failed-to-startwont-start-in-safe-mode-or-any-other-mode/
Relevancy 83.85%

Haven't used this laptop Dell Inspiron M5010 in a couple years . Will not start up normally and continuously goes thru repair start up cycle .

Problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.26385
Problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.26385
Problem signature 03: unknown
Problem signature 04: 21200809
Problem signature 05: Auto Failover
Problem signature 06: 5
Problem signature 07: FailureDuringSetup
os. version: 6.1.76002.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Thank you for any help that can be provided !!

A:Stuck in start up repair cycle

You can work through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start but it may be faster to run Dell Windows 7 PC Restore or do a Clean Reinstall Windows 7 so you have the best install instead of an old mess.

You have within your power the ability to do a perfect Clean Reinstall Windows 7 which will beat any new PC you'd buy. If you instead decide to run Factory Recovery then you can improve performance afterward following Clean Up Factory Bloatware

Since Dell has built-in Diagnostics, start by running Dell Hardware Diagnostics from F12 Menu to know it's hardware condition. If these will run then during any reinstall be sure to save the Dell Utility partition which houses these.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365871-stuck-start-up-repair-cycle.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a Dell Inspiron with up in loop. repair the start I'm stuck Windows I let I'm stuck in the start up repair loop. my son use it for a while and the next time I tried to use it it won't start My son is not around to ask what he might have done I get this Windows Error Recovery Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause Launch Startup Repair recommended I've done that many times and the result is Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem Details I'm stuck in the start up repair loop. Problem signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOfflineProblem I'm stuck in the start up repair loop. Signature unknown AutoFailover CorruptRegistryOS Version Locale ID That window also gives me the option to Send information about this problem recommended I do that and Windows is checking for a solution to the problem Again Windows cannot repair this computer automatically Gives me two choices View diagnostic and repair details I won't type the log at this time because it's very long Suffice to say that the tests were completed successfully except Root cause found Startup Repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem Next option View advanced options for system recovery and support Choose a Recovery Tool Startup Repair - Been there done that System Restore - System couldn't find any restore points System Image Recovery - I don't have a system image available Windows Memory Diagnostic - Check your computer for memory problems Restart and check for problems recommended Windows Memory Diagnostics ToolWindows will restart the computer automatically Test results will be displayed after you log on It ran two test passes No problems had been detected by the time the overall test status reached When the laptop restarted it went right back to failure mode and ran Startup Repair all over again Which of course didn't work Next thing I tried was a clean install of Windows by going into the Boot menu and setting it to boot from the CD DVD Driver and putting in the Windows installation DVD I thought maybe a clean install would overwrite the corrupted registry spotted earlier Windows loaded files Setup started I chose Windows Home Premium x Installation began Copied Windows files Expanding Windows files Even though the dots were moving like it was doing something it seemed stuck at After about minutes I got the following message The installation was cancelled Windows cannot install required files Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart installation Error code x Back to the install now screen where I was given the option to Repair Your Computer I clicked that and System Recovery Options screen came up which gave me the option of using recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows The operating system Windows was highlighted partition size MB D Local Disk Clicked next and back to Startup Repair checking my system for problems Attempting repairs This might take several minutes At twelve minutes it was still attempting repairs I wanted to give up and clicked cancel only to be faced with a notice that the current repair operation cannot be cancelled I had to shut off the computer to put a stop to it I have not been able to get into any of the Safe Mode Options nor did the Last Known Good Configuration work either Each click brought me right back to Startup Repair I was able to get to the command prompt I ran chkdsk D R D is where my operating system is No problems found Also ran sfc scannow offbootdir D offwindir D windows No integrity violations I read previous threads about the Startup Repair Loop and found information about Farbar Recovery Scan Tool I downloaded it and ran it After that I rebooted and got right back to the Startup Repair Loop

A:I'm stuck in the start up repair loop.

Not sure what your son did, but according to Startup Repair, your registry is corrupt.
You can try the steps outlined here to try to roll back the registry settings: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/corrupt-registry-root-cause-in-startup-repair/f77d5355-b8be-41d6-af24-cae994e1768f

If that doesn't work, you may have to wipe the hard drive entirely and do a clean re-install of the operating system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562823/im-stuck-in-the-start-up-repair-loop/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello all,

I know I had a malware infection, but I used Malware bytes and "quaranteened" the infected files, but now windows will not start and goes immediately to a screen that gives me three options.

Test Memory
Test System
Exit

All tests have been ran and complete with no errors, but when I select exit, the computer reboots and goes right back into the screen with the three options.

I have made a repair/recovery disk, but system repair just spins continuously and will not finish. I have left it for one week now and it is stuck.

I have ran the sic and chkdsk routines with no help. I have even went into the boot directory to /remove the mending message, but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a Dell Inspirion One that has the touch screen panel. One Terabyte hard drive.

A:Windows will not start. Stuck in Test Diagnostics Screen

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/329283-windows-will-not-start-stuck-test-diagnostics-screen.html
Relevancy 82.99%

More details have been posted about a problem event name.. turned on my computer this morning and it loaded to a blue screen that read "start up repair, Windows cannot repair this computer automatically" it then gives me the option to send to Microsoft so they can create solutions or to exit and the run computer off. I am able to hit esc when the screen pops up and run a hard drive test. The test did not show anything. the blue screen I opened the "problem details" and this is what it said:problem event name: startupRepairV2problem signature 01: Autofalloverproblem signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000.0.0.0.0problem signature 03: 0problem signature 04: 65537problem signature05: unknownproblem signature 06: NoOsinstalledproblem signature 07: 0problem signature 08: 1problem signature 09: FixPartionTableproblem signature 10: 1168OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.1.256.1Locale lD: 1033How do I fix my laptop? 

A:More details about the blue screen "start up repair, Windows...

Hi, Thank you for posting. Welcome to the HP Support forum ! Sound like a software issue. From what you write, it seems like it cannot find an operating system.  Please, first perform hardware check - to be on the safe side. 1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button2. Power it on.2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one 3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1  If the tests pass without issues, continue. If not, please, let me know  Windows reinstallation/HP Recover If your computer originally came with Windows preinstalled by HP (a.k.a. OEM Windows), it should have recovery partition which will help you restore your machine to factory default condition. Repeat steps 1-2 but when HP Startup menu opens, please choose F11 for System Recovery options. Note, that F11 option below will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. The computer should boot from recovery partition to open you various recovery options. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from. More info:>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00809678 Some video example >>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0nQE7Fm3NE  Please, provide your feedback. Let me know how it goes an if it works for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/More-details-about-the-blue-screen-quot-start-up-repair/td-p/5729853
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi hopefully someone can help me because not being able to repair. startup PC start wont stuck on access my pc sucks big time Basically its stuck on startup repair I have tried starting normally last known good starting point all to no success It's PC wont start stuck on startup repair. the second time it happened in the last days both after it installed windows updates which makes me think it has something to do with it I have had this happened in the past over the years but it always worked rather quickly I did have a blue screen saturday night cant remember exactly but i think it said something about the hardware not working but not sure if related Specs - Gateway DX - e Intel Core i g ddr Windows home premium bit Thanks in advance Edit After leaving the pc on for a while a system recovery menu popped up I started startup repair and when it finished it said that it cannot repair this pc automatically I am now in the menu once again with the same options i tried system restore and there isn't a restore point At this point I literally have no idea whatsoever on what to do I have the following options Startup repair system restore system image recovery windows memory diagnostic command prompt and recovery management I really need help please

A:PC wont start stuck on startup repair.

Hi,
Do you have the installation disk and can you boot from that?
If all of the possible repair options fail it may be a case of reformatting and reinstalling everything. Hope you have a current backup to recover your data.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534193/pc-wont-start-stuck-on-startup-repair/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi guys I'm having an issue with my on my desktop PC Have had installed for a couple of months now without issue until recently Computer will not start ending on a sad smiley face BSOD with the message INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error codes x and xc have been seen Sounds to me like repair loop, can't Stuck start. automatic in a corrupted hard drive Did a bit of reading and went into command prompt armed with various chkdsk r and f commands all of which were carried Stuck in automatic repair loop, can't start. out showing no issues A few guides said to carry a few bootrec commands fixMBR rebuildBCD fixBoot which I've also done without much success Also tried this https www youtube com watch v EGPVKk JCc No Stuck in automatic repair loop, can't start. change there either I chucked the installation disk in and tried to run a repair but it says the hard drive is locked Woo Some attempts to unlock said drive has resulted in the above actions I appreciate any input available Thanks for your time Martin

A:Stuck in automatic repair loop, can't start.

Hi Anti & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup.

Did you try with another HDD? I would suggest you doing the Disk Diagnostics and report back the results -
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Furthermore, have you tried re-plugging the cables with which your Hard Disk is connected?

Let me know how it goes ^_^

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55616-stuck-automatic-repair-loop-cant-start.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey I was watching videos on youtube when my laptop just shutoff on me So I try to churn it back on But when I did it show start-up repair screen telling me that windows couldn't not start-up Later it tells me it stuck loop start-up Crash on a repair now couldn't fix the issue from here I have two options A shut off and then go back on this loop B Go to advance option which has command prompt start up repair system restore system image recovery windows Memory diagnostic This wouldn't be to much of issue normaly if anything like this would happen I would Crash now stuck on a start-up repair loop just put my windows cd to reinstall the os But I have a acer aspire timelinex gt which does not have a cd rom I read something about the back thing which allows you to bring your laptop back to factory settings by press alt-f at the start up of your laptop But it does not work and I enable D D so i don't know why that wont work Some other things I have try to do was -Run in safe mode doesn't work still brings me to start-up repair -System restore just says can't because some files are corrupt This is what it says in startup-repair Problem Signature Problem Even Name StartupRepairOffline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature unknown Problem signature Problem signature AutoFailover Problem signature Problem signature CorruptFile OS version Locale ID Thanks in advance

A:Crash now stuck on a start-up repair loop

I cant run safe mode
I also can't do a reinstall of the os. No cd rom

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166286-crash-now-stuck-start-up-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Win 7 laptop .Got a message of a bad shutdown. On re-start, I have been stuck in "Start Up Repair all day.
Shutdown/power off by holding down power button.

Then even though I selected "normal start" it again went to Start Up Repair....

Please help!

Relevancy 82.13%

I didn't know where exactly this should go so let me know if there is somewhere else it should be I was cruisin' through the internet next thing stuck, wait with start as is Please usual. a black Windows up screen. I know the Windows start up as usual. Please wait is stuck, with a black screen. only page that will load is the new tab page So like any hard working male I restart my computer Well when i try to restart it after the windows graphic screen I get the 'Please wait ' and after a Windows start up as usual. Please wait is stuck, with a black screen. few seconds it goes to a black screen A few more seconds it goes back to the 'Please wait ' screen If left enough times it will go back to the windows start up graphic and the process will begin again I have tried to access the boot menu but I am unable to because of the use of a USB keyboard I have the availability of the mouse cursor and I can use the keyboard in the 'Please wait ' and blank screen but when it goes back to the start up graphic I am unable to use it I have tried a few things I could think of Plugging the USB keyboard into a different USB slot to see if my mother board gave it precedent multiple restarts spamming all manner of key combinations and none of it has worked Any help with this situation would be Windows start up as usual. Please wait is stuck, with a black screen. greatly appreciated

A:Windows start up as usual. Please wait is stuck, with a black screen.

You will have to plug the keyboard as PS2. PS2 keyboards are not very expensive and a usb-to-ps2 adapter is about ?1. I am afraid that there is no way to get the USB keyboard recognized before the drivers have loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330176-windows-start-up-usual-please-wait-stuck-black-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have been trying to pinpoint this problem for a little shy of a week now I have a custom built desktop which was running windows Ultimate when it started to have troubles shutting down and booting up It would fail to Windows up launch. repair Start not Fails start, to does shut down and the windows start up would either get stuck for awhile on the screen that Windows Fails to start, Start up repair does not launch. is showing the logo or it would not start up at all Hoping that it would solve the problem I reinstalled windows and am now running windows Professional but the problem is still not fixed It still gets stuck on the start up Just wondering if anyone could help me find the cause of this problem as it is very frustrating My computer specs are EVGA -YW-E -A LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI FTW ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz LGA Quad-Core Processor EVGA GeForce GTX Graphics card Rosewill RX -S-B W PFC Any help would be great To add it will also not start in safe mode and the cd dvd drive does not always read discs this leads me to believe it is a motherboard problem

A:Windows Fails to start, Start up repair does not launch.

Start with these free diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
Let us know the results and we'll move on from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230990-windows-fails-start-start-up-repair-does-not-launch.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I hope someone can help me. I turned on the computer and in the middle of start up I knocked the DSL modem off the tower and down behind it....this caused the computer to shut off. When I pick the DSL modem back up the computer came back on. Now it is stuck in a continuous cycle of trying to start up. I will get the Windows XP start up screen then it goes to "off in 5 sec" then it ends up on a screen that says "Windows was shut down improperly...etc" It is a whole page and it recommends both restarting it in Normal system mode or Last known Good Configuration....I have tried both and it just continuous with this cycle.

What do I do?

A:Stuck in start up mode

disconnect all hardware only connect PS/2 keyboard and Mouse and your monitor then try booting does it work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-start-up-mode.553919/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi everyone I don't know to fix the problem of my computer it stuck on the window stuck screen, description below:

1.After I click the power button and turned the computer on it gives 5 modes on what enviroment I like to open the computer.

2.Then, it stuck on Windows Screen with the loading bar.

3.I tried to reformatthe computer using the cd I bought from a computer shop,but nothing happened.

Please help !!!

A:Screen stuck on windows start up screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapastangan478

1. After I click the power button and turned the computer on it gives 5 modes on what enviroment I like to open the computer.

Could you explain this point a bit more? Is it the Windows advanced boot screen? Have you attempted to boot into safe mode?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapastangan478

3.I tried to reformatthe computer using the cd I bought from a computer shop,but nothing happened.

How did you try to format the drive? When you say nothing happened, what did you do to format? Also, is it an OEM CD or a Windows XP CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-stuck-on-windows-start-up-screen-415620.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I have an HP Pavilion p - a installed with Windows no disc came with the computer The night before I was impatient and forced shutdown and went to sleep The next day I booted the computer to find a message at the beginning aboutrunning a disc check I skipped it and proceeded with the normal booting The desktop had changed to a default format and the bubble at the right hand corner stated that I was in a temporary login I Googled how to return to my usual desktop and majority of the advice was to restart or log off I only have one user So after logging off restarting the computer a few times my original desktop and files returned The next morning when I booted my computer the quot disc check on startup quot message appeared again but I was too late to skip it or windows start up left repair constantly normally Windows startup won't 7 start with options. and it started Windows 7 won't start up constantly left with startup repair or start windows normally options. the checkup I needed my computer so I forced shutdown and restarted the computer and I was again logged in to the temporary profile I came back home around after uni and booted the computer and ran the disc checkup The computer restarted afterwards and then gave me the options startup repair or start windows normally I selected start normally but it returned to the HP screen then gave me the two options again I ve tried to do startup repair but it just stops at the blue background with the mouse only moveable None of the advanced options seem to work either such as safe mode etc I ve tried starting the HP recovery system but that doesn t work too In short Stupid design student was not thinking forced shutdown lead to temporary login disc check on startup and now an infinite loop of start windows and startup repairs that don t work The HP pavilion came installed with Windows so I have no idea how to boot from a disc or usb Please help I have five projects due before end of semester which is in two weeks p s I really really do not know much about computers please keep instructions as precise and simple as possible thank you

A:Windows 7 won't start up constantly left with startup repair or start windows normally options.

The next day, I booted the computer to find a message at the beginning about running a disc check. I skipped it and proceeded with the normal booting.Hello and Welcome -Have you ever let the diskcheck run the full range ?? It runs 5 stages, takes about 1 hour, and will not harm your system.If you wish to run the check, it may cancel the restart problems - Please follow these directions >>Start your computer in Normal Mode -Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows :•Click Start and open Computer•Right-click on C: (or your Hard drive letter) and select Properties•Click on the Tools tab•Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button•Mark the 2 boxes next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors•Click on the Start button•When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and >> Restart your computer•Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do soAllow about 1 hour (on average) for the check to complete and it will Reboot itself back to Normal Mode -Next -Go - Start > Programs > Accessories > Find Command Prompt > Right click and select Run as Administrator > Then type sfc /scannow > Press Enter - Note the space between c and / > Allow about 15 to 20 minutes (on average) -This will Check System Files against original installation -Try these 2 simple procedures first to rule out any basic problems - They will not remove or alter any data that you have completed -Thank You -Edit for Spelling -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472813/windows-7-wont-start-up-constantly-left-with-startup-repair-or-start-windows-normally-options/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello my mother has a laptop DELL Latitude D with Windows not stuck error, file start, at found Windows screen Pro XP won't black XP Professional on it It used to work fine but one day gave an error message that the NTDSAPI dll was not found and suggested reinstalling the application After clicking OK the screen goes black and the Windows XP Pro won't start, file not found error, stuck at black screen only thing visible is the pointer arrow I used another computer to download a copy of the file and put it on a usb drive I then rebooted the laptop hit F and booted from the CD using an Ubuntu CD I didn't install Ubuntu I just had it run from the CD I then connected the USB drive and used Ubuntu to copy the file to C Windows System I then restarted the computer and then got an error message that NCObjAPI DLL was not found I repeated the same steps above rebooted again and got an error message again that yet another file was missing At that point I decided to try and find another way to fix this since I had no idea how many more times it would have me replace a file Since this laptop was bought awhile back through Ebay we have no microsoft XP Pro CD to use the microsoft recovery console I found several online but they all seem to be for Microsoft XP Home After I download the iso and burn to a CD using ImgBurn I try to launch the recovery console on the laptop but without success Instead of bringing up a menu to open recovery console it tries to install windows or something and eventually gives a pci sys error I believe this is because all the iso's I've found are for XP Home and I need XP Pro I don't know what to try next I read a post somewhere about renaming moving system restore files to restore the laptop to an earlier state and I could probably rename the files using Ubuntu but I'm not sure that wouldn't mess things up more As it is I've used Ubuntu to go back and delete the files I added in case they were the problem and now I get the following error messages Services exe - Unable to Locate Component This application has failed start because NCObjAPI DLL was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem Then the only option is an OK button After clicking that a second error message appears lsass exe - Unable to Locate Component This application has failed to start because NTDSAPI dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem Again there is only an OK button to click and after that the screen stays black The only thing that shows is the pointer arrow and that can be moved around Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Windows XP Pro won't start, file not found error, stuck at black screen

FWIW:  The Recovery Console for XP Home is the same one for XP Pro.

I don't believe the Recovery Console is the cure for whatever is wrong...if system files are missing/corrupted, ti seems to me that you need either recovery disks or a Genuine XP install disk to even attempt running sfc /scannow or doing a repair or clean install.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495069/windows-xp-pro-wont-start-file-not-found-error-stuck-at-black-screen/
Relevancy 80.84%

I was trying to fix a previous blue screen(http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/931072-mutiple_irp_complete_requests.html) and I ended up with another blue screen which does not allow me to boot up windows in ANY mode including safe mode, debugging mode and even last good config.... this happened right after I deleted a "atapi.sys" file... thinking that was the cause for my previous blue screen, boy was I wrong!

So, what should I do now?
I don't have any xp cd around, if I did I'd re-install it because I've just had it with this pc.

just need to get to the desktop so I can undo the file move because I moved the atapi.sys file from system32\drivers to desktop, didn't delete it

please help, thanks!

A:blue screen! windows will not start in any mode

http://bootdisks.windowsreinstall.com/ get a bootdisk then you can get the pc to cmd desktop (keyboard commands ) then if you know a bit of dos commands then you can copy the file back to its correct folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-windows-will-not-start-in-any-mode.931150/
Relevancy 80.84%

My son has a zoostorm freedom which was working fine and now it's not!! It is stuck in a start-up repair loop. My husband has tried to follow solutions suggested on this site but no joy. Have also tried to re-install windows 7 but no luck either. Took it to PC world and they can't help. I would really appreciate any help as i have stuff on it I would be sad to lose!!

A:zoostorm freedom - stuck in start up repair loop and can't re-install

Since getting the information off the system is top priority: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

Backup Files Using PartedMagic

You can obtain PartedMagic from: PartedMagic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236923-zoostorm-freedom-stuck-start-up-repair-loop-cant-re-install.html
Relevancy 80.84%

So here the length Stuck In accept loop start repair not up cmd command prompt does of it to start I have a Sony Vaio running windows home prem x bit so to the Stuck In start up repair loop command prompt does not accept cmd issue I was tinkering around with some customization stuff like load screen boot screen animation and system icons stuff like that I ended up installing windows crystal just a shiny windows over haul from what I understood I didnt end up liking it so I want to get rid of it couldnt figure out how Stuck In start up repair loop command prompt does not accept cmd so I used the repair disc the computer made me make thinking it was a restore all type thing im guessing i was wrong because Im now stuck in the start up repair loop been there for days non stop I read other post of similar issues and found the only one i could do was the command prompt option of disabling it since i didnt make a windows back up Stuck In start up repair loop command prompt does not accept cmd disc thought that was what the recovery disc was so I entered the bcdedit set default recoveryenabled no and the response was quot is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file if any one has any ideas im open to the help at this point my only other idea is to run a windows xp disc and use the microsoft cert code i have to upgrade to windows again but i dont know if that would work or not any insight would be great and if i do have to do that does anyone know where to get the vaio specific drivers that i would be losing thank you in advance I understand I was less then intelligent about what i was doing but I figured the best way to learn how to do this stuff was just to do it and suffer the aftermath

A:Stuck In start up repair loop command prompt does not accept cmd

how are you getting access to the command prompt? are there other options for you to click on other than cmd?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285456-stuck-start-up-repair-loop-command-prompt-does-not-accept-cmd.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and yesterday my laptop fell from my table onto carpet. When I picked it up everything seemed to be working fine so I put it away,  but today when trying to turn it on, it keeps going to start up repair and saying it cannot repair it. Sometimes a restore to earlier point dialogue appears and after hitting yes it does nothing. I ran the Farbar Recovery Scan and this is the text for it. 

Mod Edit:  Removed FRST log, it is a malware tool and such logs are not troubleshooting tools and are not to be posted in this forum - Hamluis.

If anybody could help that be great!
-Becca

A:Dropped computer, stuck in start up repair, college student help!

Usually after a hard knock like that the damage will be to hardware, not software like the operating system.  The first thing to do, if you are comfortable in doing this, would be to check and see that the hdd and RAM is still properly seated.  Other than that about all you can do is to run Memtest86 to check the RAM and the manufacturer's diagnostic tool for your hdd. Memtest86 Instructions***** A. If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option AB. If you have only one RAM stick installed......run memtest...1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-....iso.zip file.3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-....iso file.4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:8. Locate memtest86+-....iso file, and click Open button.9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.  A side note.  You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the DVD/CD-ROM the first device in the boot order to be able to boot from the CD you created.The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.The following image is the test results area: (Unfortunately the image which should have been shown here apparently isn't available from what ever host site was used.)The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM. As for the hdd, you can use the service tag on the bottom of the laptop to find out who the manufacturer of the hdd.  Once you know this you can go to the manufacturer's website and download their diagnostic tool, you will want the DOS version which will allow you to burn this file to a CD. Let us know if there are any other question.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485735/dropped-computer-stuck-in-start-up-repair-college-student-help/
Relevancy 80.41%

hi i am having a problem when i restarted the computer today.
it crashed on startup and went to a blue screen.

after using the The system recovery i received this error  :
Problem Event Name: Startup Repair OfflineProblem Signature 1: 6.1.7600.16385Problem Signature 2: 6.1.7600.16385Problem Signature 3: UnknownProblem Signature 4: 21200770Problem Signature 5: AutoFailoverProblem Signature 6: 4Problem Signature 7: BadDriverOS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1Locale ID: 1033

after searching the web iv'e reached this website and found an issue solved :
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448339/windows-failed-to-start-system-repair-cant-discover-problem/

i tried following the solution that JSntgRvr posted, but i didnt work for me.

i already run the scan of FRST64.exe and added it.

thank you.

A:Windows Failed to Start,Blue screen, System Repair Can't Discover Problem

Lets take a look at the BlueScreen error message.When you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe ModeSelect "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:Please post me the Stop error message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496755/windows-failed-to-startblue-screen-system-repair-cant-discover-problem/
Relevancy 79.98%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFF88108A050C8
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88004CC3560
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\060111-18189-01.dmp
C:\Users\AG Consult\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40763-0.sysdata.xml

This is a new Sony Laptop with Windows 7 Professional. It worked for a few days and now it's Blue Screen after Blue Screen. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you correct problem. I've talked to Sony online chat, Best Buy Geek Squad in-person and no one has been able to help.

A:Blue Screen after start of Windows 7 Virtual PC XP Mode

Quote: Originally Posted by agarciajr

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFF88108A050C8
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88004CC3560
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\060111-18189-01.dmp
C:\Users\AG Consult\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40763-0.sysdata.xml

This is a new Sony Laptop with Windows 7 Professional. It worked for a few days and now it's Blue Screen after Blue Screen. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you correct problem. I've talked to Sony online chat, Best Buy Geek Squad in-person and no one has been able to help.

This one was Related to agnfilt.sys Net Firewall from AT&T. I would remove it and use the built in windows firewall.

I would also remove Kaspersky and replace with Microsoft Security essentials.

http://support.kaspersky.com/downloa...vremover10.zip

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\060111-18189-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e00000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03045650
Debug session time: Wed Jun 1 19:24:45.442 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:08:55.862
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffff88108a050c8, 2, 0, fffff88004cc3560}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\agnfilt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for agnfilt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for agnfilt.sys
Probably caused by : agnfilt.sys ( agnfilt+25560 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166683-blue-screen-after-start-windows-7-virtual-pc-xp-mode.html
Relevancy 79.98%

When booting mouse won't pointer, repair mode fit, safe in work with screen stuck black won't pc goes to black screen with mouse pointer Same with every safe mode Same with last known good configuration Tried to get built-in repair to work it tries but fails I did habe stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work system restore point before this issue and when I try to choose that option it says there are none When I had my last pc on xp there was this disc called Roadstarter boot cd I could use that to start ANY windows machine no matter what was wrong It was awesome This cd is too old and doesn't support windows Is there something like this for windows stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work I can look for In the meantime I used another windows pc to burn a repair cd instead of using the repair tool buit into the bad pc since it didn't work but same issue doing it form the CD but this one lets me get to dos After all this I followed instructions here for Method http www sevenforums com tutorials -built-administrator-enable-winre html After I did the above instead of getting the black screen after booting and the mouse pointer I now get a blue screen that says c e security accounts manager initialization failed because of the following error device attached to system is no functioning error status xc I also ran rkill a few days earlier FRST Farbar Recovery Scan Tool combo fix SuperAntiSpyware etc and computer was fine and rebooted perfect everytime before any issues started Now I know some of those programs backup the registry I'm pretty sure if I can restore the registry files it will work WHo can help with this For ex FRST - Farbar recovery tool I was able to get into the folder for it labled HIVES and there are - files in there SAM SECURITY SOFTWARE SYSTEM DEFAULT etc I'm not sure what to do next but if I restore those when things were good it may fix DO I just import those into registry

A:stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work

FRST is a tool used for malware situations...it is not used in this forum.

If you know/suspect that your problems are due to malware...you need to post your FRST log data into a new topic which you will initiate in the forum containing Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .  If you can, follow Steps 6-8 of the Guide, pasting your DDS log into your new topic in that forum.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532729/stuck-in-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer-repair-wont-fit-safe-mode-wont-work/
Relevancy 79.98%

Mod Edit PM sent asking for logs mentioned and DDS - Hamluis Farbar Recovery Scan Tool When you run it it says backing up registry Where is the backed up file I have a computer that in now won't boot but did when I ran the tool last week and I need to find out where it backed up the registry to When booting windows pc goes to black screen work mouse screen safe fit, pointer, in stuck repair won't won't black with mode with mouse pointer Same with every safe mode Same with last known good configuration Tried to get built-in repair to work it tries but fails I did habe system restore point before this issue and when I try to choose that option it says there are none When I had my last stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work pc on xp there was this disc called Roadstarter boot cd I could use that to start ANY windows machine no matter what was wrong It was awesome This cd is too old and doesn't support windows Is there something like this for windows I can look stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work for In the meantime I used another windows pc to burn a repair cd instead of using the repair tool buit into the bad pc since it didn't work but same issue doing it form the CD but this one lets me get to dos After all this I followed instructions here for Method http www sevenforums com tutorials -built-administrator-enable-winre htmlAfter I did the above instead of getting the black screen after booting and the mouse pointer I now get a blue screen that says c e security accounts manager initialization failed because of the following error device attached to system is no functioning error status xc I also ran rkill a few days earlier FRST Farbar Recovery Scan Tool combo fix SuperAntiSpyware etc and computer was fine and rebooted perfect everytime before any issues started Now I know some of those programs backup the registry I'm pretty sure if I can restore the registry files it will work WHo can help with this For ex FRST - Farbar recovery tool I was able to get into the folder for it labled HIVES and there are - files in there SAM SECURITY SOFTWARE SYSTEM DEFAULT etc I'm not sure what to do next but if I restore those when things were good it may fix DO I just import those into registry

A:stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work

Can't post logs as computer will not boot. Stuck on black screen after windows logo with mouse pointer. Same issue with safe modes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532731/stuck-in-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer-repair-wont-fit-safe-mode-wont-work/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi Does anybody have any suggestions? I can only boot up in safe mode Ive tried loading windows 7 disc to repair wont work in safe mode,did restore no luck,did panda safe disk reload did virus scan clean,did dskchk,tried start windows normal from f8 menu,last known good config etc.... PLS advise THX Frog88 (gateway laptop)

A:Solved: stuck in safe mode,every start

I would jump to the following suggestion, but am in doubt if you say even the restored image does the same, but.
Open Msconfig - Boot tab.
Make sure you have UNchecked the item "safe boot"

Other than that, the cause will be faulty drivers or failing ram. You could try checking the seating on the ram modules.
Whilst you are in Msconfig, have a lok under the startup tab and see if there is anything running on startup which looks unusual.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-stuck-in-safe-mode-every-start.986005/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hope someone can help. I'm using Vista ultimate. I have the start menu set to classic. I wanted to revert back to the standard start menu, but it's missing!!!! How do I get it back? The space is there, but the button and label are both gone, nothing... This is really strange. Thanks in advance.
Paul

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/182799-start-menu-stuck-classic-mode.html
Relevancy 79.98%

my pc has been stuck in a reboot loop since yesterday - for some months it had been saying low disk space. yesterday, when i wasn't looking, I think it automatically installed some kind of windows update - and it hasn't started since then. I can't get it to start in safe mode. I can get it gto display the CMOS set up utility - is there anything I can do here to get over this? any help much appreciated - its an old machine but the hard drive has stuff on it i want (particularly photos)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-a-reboot-loop-wont-start-in-any-mode-306859.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I apologize but this is going to be a long post I tried to find a similar situation in the forum but nothing seemed to apply Please point me towards another post if my question has been answered before I have an HP Pavilion a n desktop running windows xp home with Norton Antivirus that comes with my Rogers internet service I'm in Canada If you need any more details about my computer please let me know I had a typing speed test coming up for a job interview so I decided to try to download a typing program to help improve my speed Here's the dumb part I tried to get a full version download of TypingMaster Pro from Limewire As I was doing it I knew it was risky but I've never had a won't stuck gagp30kx.sys on safe start in mode, XP even problem with getting the odd music file off of it so I figured it would be fine XP won't even start in safe mode, stuck on gagp30kx.sys I scanned the downloaded stuff for viruses before I opened it and Norton said it was fine The program didn't work when I tried to load it so I deleted the file All seemed to be fine the next day I was using my computer and got a message from Norton that it needed to restart the computer to fully remove a threat to my system it didn't tell me what the threat was so I let it do that and ended up going out for a while When I came back to my computer it seemed to be in an endless loop it would go past the hp start up screen that tells you to push F for setup F for system restore etc get to the windows XP screen that shows it's loading XP won't even start in safe mode, stuck on gagp30kx.sys and after that screen the computer would restart and do it all over again I turned it XP won't even start in safe mode, stuck on gagp30kx.sys off and on again and went into F I think the one that lets you choose whether to start in safe mode or the last known config so I tried last known config and it did a disk check and then restarted the computer This time I tried safe mode and I ran Norton Antivirus and it found the following c windows system networkservice crack zip c windows system networkservice crack zip kwd c windows system networkservice keygen zip c windows system networkservice keygen zip kwd c windows system networkservice serial zip c windows system networkservice serial zip kwd c windows system networkservice setup zip c windows system networkservice setup zip kwd c windows system networkservice music mp c windows system networkservice music mp kwd c windows system networkservice music snd c windows system networkservice music snd kwd c windows system networkservice music au c windows system networkservice music au kwd c windows system networkservice video wmv c windows system networkservice video wmv kwd c windows system els dll Trojan agent I removed these threats and ran Malwarebyte's Antimalware and it said my system was clean I restarted the computer and put it into safe mode with network support and ran a kaspersky scan which came up clean I shut down my computer The next time I tried to start the computer it would fill my screen with the files that it was loading and it would stop at the following file then eventually restart the computer multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS System DRIVERS gagp kx sys Trying to start windows normally and with the last known good config both do a disk check and then restart the computer no matter how many times in a row I try it In the first system screen F is supposed to start a system restore but when I push it it goes to a black screen with a white blinking cursor in the top left F doesn't get me into setup it brings me to the safe mode start windows normally screen I came across an article online that suggested I burn rc iso to a disk and use it to rename gagp kx sys but it didn't work for me I could start trying to repair windows xp then it gave me the option of loading H miniNT or H I and when I followed the steps to rename following the command prompt it told me that it couldn't locate the file to rename in either miniNT or... Read more

A:XP won't even start in safe mode, stuck on gagp30kx.sys

You MAY have used the wrong procedure, using [F10].

If you have your Norton Antivirus CD, it MAY be bootable and have a Virus Removal Tool included. Newer version of Norton do.

If not, have your fianc? go to Norton Support Chat and see if they have a download boot ISO file she can burn to CD (if she has a CD-R drive).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-even-start-in-safe-mode-stuck-on-gagp30kx-sys-368675.html
Relevancy 79.98%

1) Computer doesn't boot up

2) Mid Boot it goes to a screen asking if I want to start up in safe mode or not - no matter what it goes back to trying to boot up (Bar with the XP logo and the and the moving bars that go across the screen asking to start up in safe-mode) it's like a never ending loop

3) People have told me if could be a virus.

A:Cannot Start My Computer Stuck In Safe Mode

There can be several causes for this to include BIOS, software, malware and wireless keyboards. "Safe Mode" is a troubleshooting mode designed to start Windows with minimal drivers and running processes to diagnose problems with your computer. If you have a wireless keyboard, and your BIOS does not natively support it, then the device drivers for the keyboard need to load for it to function. And since starting a computer in Safe Mode prevents many drivers from loading, you are unable to enter into it since your keyboard does not function if the proper drivers do not load. Try using a PS/2 keyboard - a keyboard with a cable that plugs into the back of your PC.Also there are times when the wireless transmitter and receiver fail to make contact with each other and need to be reset or require battery replacement.For more suggestions see Situations in Which Windows May Not Start in Safe Mode and the Community Newsletter: Where has Safe Mode gone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59110/cannot-start-my-computer-stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 79.55%

When booting up my pc, I continue to receive the 'We apologize for the inconveneince. Windows did not start successfully' screen ., and then asks me to select from
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with command prompt
Last known configuration
Start Windows normally

The timer counts down, but I am unable to choose any of the options...... the window then appears to freeze.....

I can't do anything with the pc only turn it off from the on/off button.

Any suggestions????

Relevancy 79.55%

OK so I have an not repair safe intializing and mode up Start HP pavilion about two years old When I tried to log in today it froze on the login screen so I Start up repair and safe mode not intializing manually turned the computer off When I rebooted it I said 'start computer normally' it went to the windows loading screen and then after two second it Start up repair and safe mode not intializing said loading files with a white bar at the bottom of a black screen Then it goes to this whitish back ground page with like waves or streaks in the back ground I don't know if I've seen this page before but then it does nothing Nothing pops up nothing loads I waited five minutes then restarted the computer again and tried to load in safe mode I get to the same white screen and nothing happens I try start up repair safe thing I hit f and did a quick check of the hard drive It passed I'm halfway through the run in test but everything looks good so far So my question is what should I do now Was I being too impatient on those white screens Was something happening even though nothing had popped up Do I need to wait longer Please help thanks

A:Start up repair and safe mode not intializing

Please read this tutorial fully, and follow all steps.

99% of the time all issues can be resolved with problems starting windows with this tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/332275-start-up-repair-safe-mode-not-intializing.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi there I m having an issue with my Dell Inspiron windows years old Basically last night before I went out I put my PC in sleep mode and must ve woke it up accidentally by moving the mouse So I hard-powered it off by holding the power button to save time no problem But the next day I switched it on and it said start up repair up issue repair Safe mode/start is trying to repair your PC this could take up to an hour so I thought what the After mins or so I just guessed it wasn t doing anything as my PC wasn t making a sound So I powered it off again and Safe mode/start up repair issue rebooted now it just initiates start up repair then a few seconds later a blue screen saying Automatic repair couldn t repair your PC press advanced options to repair your PC or shut down Log file C WINDOWS System Logfiles Srt SrtTrail txt I ve tried to start it in safe mode but is simply repeats what I put in italics I ve even command prompted it to no initiate start up repair and it confirms that the command was successful but it tries to repair anyways and goes back to the blue screen The last thing on earth I want to have to do is wipe the whole thing which seems to be my last option and doing so would ruin a whole lot of data that is very very important to me I presume it could be a serious issue or something very simple I ve never had this issue before with this PC so I m really stumped I ve had similar with my old Packard bell but the problem with that was that I had anti-virus software clashing PLEASE HELP Thanks very much nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

All signs point to a pretty nasty infection that somehow edited my registry As stated Trying to boot in safe mode gets me the BSOD Trying to Repair results in a 'Cannot Repair' message here? Mode, go Repair to Start or Where in Cannot from Safe Restore. Trying to Restore from a Restore Point Cannot Start in Safe Mode, Repair or Restore. Where to go from here? gives me a similar error When I try to start it normally I get this error The program can't start because COMCTL dll is missing from Cannot Start in Safe Mode, Repair or Restore. Where to go from here? your computer Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem I do however have a laptop and an internal hard drive dock I've docked it ran Avast and Malwarebytes and got a few hits but nothing that helped with the startup problem After days Avast was STILL searching as a hard drive connected via USB is pretty freakin' Cannot Start in Safe Mode, Repair or Restore. Where to go from here? slow so I ended up ending that one prematurely I also ran Windows Official Malicious Software Removal Tool and strangely it automatically restarted my computer about hours in both times I ran it Unfortunately reformatting is strongly undesirable I tried finding a tool that could rebuild repair clean the registry but it seems most programs do the local registry not a secondary registry on another drive Any help is GREATLY appreciated Thanks for reading

A:Cannot Start in Safe Mode, Repair or Restore. Where to go from here?

Run the sfc /scannow System File Checker command to replace a missing or corrupt copy of the comctl32.dll file. If this DLL file is provided my Microsoft, the System File Checker tool should restore it.

Here's a good tutorial: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298689-comctl32-dll-missing.html

Regards.................

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504179/cannot-start-in-safe-mode-repair-or-restore-where-to-go-from-here/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have bit Vista runs repair mode Start up forever on a laptop Yesterday my year old was looking up games and cartoons and when I went to use it everything was moving very slow I cleared the temp internet files and the cache and it didnt help I ran super anti spyware and it found several items but I did not write them Start up repair mode runs forever down I let it clear the malware and restart the computer When the computer restarte I got the message that some windows files were either missing or needed to be repaired and that I Start up repair mode runs forever should start the repair mode I Start up repair mode runs forever made that selection and it will go so far and then never returns any results or anything I can just see the little bar moving back and forth across the screen as if it scanning I tried to boot to the cd drive with the system restore disk but it doesn t do anything I still get the same launch start repair mode I also tried starting in safe mode with the prompt command It loaded some files and is stuck on quot please wait quot It s been sitting for quite some time Not sure what else to try If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

This is my first time being on these forums If this is the wrong place to post about this I apologize in advance Background on how this all started vvvvvv I have a hp pavilion dm laptop with windows home premium OS This laptop is about a year and months old Warranty has expired months ago my laptop started making Startup is Files".Cant mode safe repair Loading start "Windows after this loud fan noise I checked the CPU's temperature through software and it was at F which i thought was normla I decided to sit my laptop higher by stacking books underneath it I dropped the laptop on Startup repair after "Windows is Loading Files".Cant start safe mode accident because I was sweaty and nervous The fan noise stopped That caught my attention Every time the Startup repair after "Windows is Loading Files".Cant start safe mode fan became loud my FPS for the games I was playing lowered That made me mad and frustrated I remembered once the laptop was tapped a little the fan would stop and my performance would go back to normal The tap eventually progressed into a light smack then to a hard smack I smacked my laptop everytime this happened because of frustration Im and i do dumb things a lot Last week the fan just continued and would never stop I didnt stop smacking it either Situation vvv So today I tried to smack the laptop as little as i could and then my laptop froze It stayed frozen for about minute Then I restarted my laptop When it was rebooting I saw a screen I have never encountered before quot Windows is Loading Files Screen quot I waited patiently and the fan of my laptop continued to be loud Then for about a second and a half i see the Windows is starting screen but there is no windows logo Then the screen turns gray and quot Startup repair quot thing comes on I waited an hour and I got frustrated and turned off the laptop by holding the power button I restarted and Same thing happens with the loading files and startup repair This is what happens when I start my laptop Windows is Loading Files happens I see the windows is loading without windows logo for about sec Startup repair happens I press cancel right away on startup repair to see if it would do anything Nothing happens The startup repair window is there and I cant do anything A command prompt window is on the bottom left of the screen but I cant type anything in there I cant boot to safemode and I have a lot of data that isnt backed up or saved somewhere else I dont want to loose this data What must I do What is the safest way to get back on to the desktop and get back to my normal activities Help I will try to look at this thread as much as i can refreshing it and all Thanks

A:Startup repair after "Windows is Loading Files".Cant start safe mode

Welcome to the Forum.
It sound like the first problem is overheating. This can cause many more problems all by itself.
If it was my laptop I would take it apart and clean completely. I would also check the operation of the fan. (If in doubt replace the fan).
If you don't feel comfortable taking the laptop apart and cleaning I would take it to a shop.
You must not use the laptop until the cooling problem is solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/306338-startup-repair-after-windows-loading-files-cant-start-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I recently got the winhost exe virus on my laptop Booting to windows was working fine it loads into windows and ran fine except screen trying of blue in to windows death mode start safe gives some programs were running slow But this virus has disabled my virus protection programs and does not allow me to run any exe files saying that quot the file is not a valid win file quot It prohibits or does not allow me to go to a different restore point and most importantly run in safe mode I get a blue screen of death saying the computer has an error virus or hard drive problem and shuts down when I tried to run in safe mode using the lt f gt key In order to run in safemode windows gives blue screen of death trying to start in safe mode some other technitian told me to go run prompt type msconfig select the middle tab on top check on safe boot box click apply restart Hoping windows gives blue screen of death trying to start in safe mode this would bypass the virus and go into safemode this is what I did Now I can not start the computer because every time it loads windows the system wants to go into safemode which the virus will not allow Please help me reconfig my windows so it starts again I have tried all the options on the boot option screen when pressing lt f gt and none worked Is there a way to windows gives blue screen of death trying to start in safe mode load windows again without reinstalling nbsp

A:windows gives blue screen of death trying to start in safe mode

Welcome to TSG....

Do you have the recovery disk set for this Dell computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-gives-blue-screen-of-death-trying-to-start-in-safe-mode.687843/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi guys I've got a nasty virus on a laptop that I cna't get rid of not yet anyway I to mode. 7 Windows start in screen have black on startup, safe have not yet run HijackThis or GMER however I have run ComboFix it found and deleated a file on the D drive called installer exe No changes Here are the symptoms When booting into normal startup it takes about minutes to get to the desktop That is from the time I see the Windows Loading screen until the screen goes black Once I have officially logged in the screen is black All I see is the mouse courser Pressing ctrl alt del does nothing Neither does pressing the Windows Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode. key Booting into safe mode brings up the desktop and the computer workes fine then All of the System Recovery files have been deleated Going to the Avast website brings up the quot This site has been marked as harmful and is being blocked quot screen If I make any changes to startup using the msconfig command and then restart the computer the system will hang on the Windows loading screen restart and then revert itself back to the way it was before black screen I cant run a virus scan or do anything else in Avast this isnt really the virus's fault avast dosent work in safe mode I'll post the logs of HijackThis tonight but I would like if anyone has any suggestions to help me out before then

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-7-black-screen-on-startup-have-to-start-in-safe-mode-580565.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Thank you so much for your help.  I've gone through this site before and have been so happy with you all.  I have a blue screen of death on my computer using Windows XP.  I've tried to push F8 and start in safe modes multiple times but nothing works.  I saved Vipre Rescue to a flash drive and to a DVD but cannot get either to load. Please help me.  I have time sensitive things on this computer and need to recover.  

A:Blue Screen of death-can't start in safe mode, Windows XP

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561489 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561489/blue-screen-of-death-cant-start-in-safe-mode-windows-xp/
Relevancy 79.12%

The problem is on my buddies pc It uses Windows XP Professional I have it setup next to this pc I m currently using First I get this screen We apologize for Stop Even Mode Error In Screen Safe Won't Start Windows the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent harware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known Good Stop Error Screen Windows Won't Start Even In Safe Mode Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed or if you aren t sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last Known Good Configuration your most recent settings that worked Start Windows Normally Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight your choice Any choice I highlight brings this screen A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is indentified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with the hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical information STOP x E x xF xF C B xF C B SCSIPORT SYS - Address F base at F DateStamp b b Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Stop Error Screen Windows Won't Start Even In Safe Mode

Most likely a hardware driver problem.
You could try a repair re-install. Instructions here:

Windows Repair Install
You should know that after a repair you will have to re-install all updates, including and uninstalled service packs.

Or, first check to make sure the named driver isn't corrupted. If you can't get into Windows, you'll need a Windows XP CD, hopefully with SP2, and follow these instructions:

To Extract a file using the Recovery Console

Insert your Windows XP CD and restart the computer.
At the prompt 'Press any key to boot from CD', press Enter.
Windows Setup will load. This takes a few minutes.

After Setup loads, press R on your keyboard to enter the Recovery Console.
At the prompt to select 'Which Windows installation would you like to log onto', on your keyboard press the number of the installation. This will usually be 1 unless you are dual-booting.
You will get to a prompt C:\WINDOWS

You now have to locate your CD drive. The CD drive letter will depend on if/how your hard drive is partitioned and the number of CD drives. To do this:

Type D: and press Enter
If there is a valid D: drive type in dir

You are looking for a listing of files that will look something like this:
AUTORUN.INF
DOCS
DOTNETFIX
I386
etc.

If D: doesn't give this result try typing in E: followed by dir
If E: doesn't give this result try typing in F: followed by dir
etc.

When you have located the CD drive type in the following:

expand i386\SCSIPORT.SY_ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers /y

(Note the spaces: after expand; before C:; before /y
and that's a letter i in front of 386
and that's an underscore after SY)

Press the Enter key.
You should get a confirmation that the file was expanded.

Restart the computer by pressing the power button, remove the CD, and boot up normally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-error-screen-windows-wont-start-even-in-safe-mode.652000/
Relevancy 79.12%

WINDOWS XP FREEZES ON WELCOME SCREEN & WONT START IN SAFE MODE

Last night i was in the middle of installing a program and my pc crashes and restarts automatically then when it restarted and everytime i turn it on it freezes at the (blue) welcome screen it also will not give me the option to start in safe mode.

I really need data that is on the hard drives can anyone tell me the best way to get it back, ive been told to buy a hard drive caddy / docking station does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-freezes-on-welcome-screen-and-wont-start-in-safe-mode-453162.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Windows have start mode. to black 7 on screen safe in startup, guys I ve got a nasty virus on a laptop that I cna t get rid of not yet anyway I have not yet run HijackThis or GMER however I have run ComboFix it found and deleated a file on the D drive called installer exe Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode. No changes Here are the symptoms When booting into normal startup it Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode. takes about minutes to get to the Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode. desktop That is from the time I see the Windows Loading screen until the screen goes black Once I have officially logged in the screen is black All I see is the mouse courser Pressing ctrl alt del does nothing Neither does pressing the Windows key Booting into safe mode brings up the desktop and the computer workes fine then All of the System Recovery files have been deleated Going to the Avast website brings up the quot This site has been marked as harmful and is being blocked quot screen If I make any changes to startup using the msconfig command and then restart the computer the system will hang on the Windows loading screen restart and then revert itself back to the way it was before black screen I cant run a virus scan or do anything else in Avast this isnt really the virus s fault avast dosent work in safe mode I ll post the logs of HijackThis tonight but I would like if anyone has any suggestions to help me out before then

A:Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode.

Try going into safe mode with networkingRun MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware [/quote]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403757/windows-7-black-screen-on-startup-have-to-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my laptop whereas it wont start up as normal and always freezes at the logo screen where the litte blue bar moves across the screen near the bottom. The laptop will start in Safe Mode but I don't have a clue what's causing this issue or how I can solve it.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Laptop - Novatech Revo 440 CEL M Notebook.

Relevancy 79.12%

hi..found a computer in the garbage its a pony but it has a soyo motherboard with a pentium III 450mhz and 512sdram.It never would start windows normal but would in safe mode,so now i did a diskcheck and restarted now it gets hung up on the system32\drivers\agp440.sys...at least thats the last one that pops up before it freezes...im new to this and this forum but if anyone can help id greatly appreciate it...thanks..

Relevancy 79.12%

No matter what option i pick in the safe mode list, the computer will not start. when i choose any of the safe modes, (safe mode, safe mode with networking etc) the computer displays a list of random commands (i dont understand any of it) and then restarts. If I try to Start Windows Normally, or use last settings that worked, it seems to start loading, and then restarts.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-start-my-computer-the-safe-mode-options-screen-appears-computer-wont-start.158370/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi I've got a bit of a convoluted issue here my laptop was infected with spyware after cleaning which with Adaware SE SpyBot SD I had issues when firing up firefox OR internet explorer would connect to DSL provider but not be able to invoke any websites In an effort to fix this together with the support staff from my DSL company we tried various tests in one in Start/Taskbar mode stuck hourglass perpetual of which I reinstalled the Network Connections module from Start/Taskbar stuck in perpetual hourglass mode the Windows XP CD After reinstalling the Network Connections I Start/Taskbar stuck in perpetual hourglass mode have never been able to access the Start Menu Taskbar as when pointing at it I always get the hourglass All other applications work fine but IE or Firefox still does not invoke any sites I end up using Windows Explorer through My Computer which behaves fine in terms of navigating directories When attempting to shut down though I get the error message that 'explorer exe is not responding' Can anybody please help Thanks so much for any thought you put into this Please note that since I cannot connect to the internet at my home laptop in question it is not easy for me to download heavy apps as I'd need to copy them in diskettes at work and bring them over thanks Elias

A:Start/Taskbar stuck in perpetual hourglass mode

greetings

Quote:

Please note that since I cannot connect to the internet at my home laptop (in question

i believe hyjack this will fit on a floppy..[206 Kb]
can you download it and install it on your computer?
then post a log

theres a possibility you might have to do a format and reinstall windows.
but see if you can get a log first

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-taskbar-stuck-in-perpetual-hourglass-mode-57312.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I tried to change the setting back to Normal Start up, however the laptop refuses to do so. When I try to tick on 'Make all boot settings permanent' it constantly makes me choose Selective start up. Also there is no networking in diagnostic mode, or in Safe Mode with Networking.

A:Stuck in continuous diagnostic start uo mode with no networking

Hello, try this:
1) Boot into safe mode.
2) Type into the start menu (or run in Windows XP) "msconfig".
3) On the first tab, select "Normal Startup".

That should ensure a normal boot process and not a selective one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-in-continuous-diagnostic-start-uo-mode-with-no-networking.204787/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi my problems started last night when I tried to open my on mode Wait stuck start and Please ... Safe normal up both laptop Safe mode and normal start up both stuck on Please Wait ... Toshiba Satelitte A on Windows Vista In normal boot up the screen loads fine up to Please Wait I left it on until this morning which by then the screen had turned black and nothing was clickable I cannot start up in Safe Mode either as the same thing happens Occasionally when I try and boot up it tells me Safe mode and normal start up both stuck on Please Wait ... the C disk has something wrong with it and is fixing it A warning saying this file is corrupt and unreadable left me with a flickering screen which fluctuated between black and the vista background I did manage to log in once though my desktop soon froze and I had to shut my laptop down Startup repair cannot detect any problems I did restore Windows to an earlier date with System Restore but that didn t do anything to help and when I tried to restore the system to an even earlier date the Catastrophic Failure Safe mode and normal start up both stuck on Please Wait ... sign comes up I really am out of ideas apart from restoring to factory settings Someone please help Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-mode-and-normal-start-up-both-stuck-on-please-wait.1065435/
Relevancy 78.69%

My friend has a Windows 7 Starter-based netbook. He has asked me to help but I can't seem to find where the problem is. 
Each time I try to boot the PC, the log-in screen appears, I provide the credentials, and then the white screen appears and nothing can be seen or done. The only thing I can do is pressing ctrl+alt+del, which gives me the normal lock screen, but from here I can only lock the PC or turn it off, nothing else works.

If I try to boot up in safe mode, the PC, after asking for credentials, reboots within 10-15 seconds.

Can't seem to figure out what to do.

Please, could you help me?

A:Windows 7 start-up White Screen in regular & safe mode - help needed

Hello Paolo26 I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.How to tell > 32 or 64 bitPlug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst64.exe or e:\frst... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503879/windows-7-start-up-white-screen-in-regular-safe-mode-help-needed/
Relevancy 78.69%

my dell dimensions 2100 with xp home is hanging at the windows logo screen. I can start it in safe mode, but am at a loss on what to do once there. Please help asap.
Thank you,
Wendylu

A:xp wont go past windows logo screen but will start in safe mode

Turn off computer.

Turn back on - as soon as you've pressed the power button - tap F8

This will present you with a number of boot options. Select

"Last known good configuration" this and see if it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-go-past-windows-logo-screen-but-will-start-in-safe-mode.687563/
Relevancy 77.83%

I'm sorry but I can't follow all the BSOD post guidelines because I can't get into my computer I took a screenshot with my phone though sorry for the bad quality First some computer info Windows Home Premium -bit Vista -bit was OEM Computer is years old Installed Windows maybe years ago GB RAM GB Hard Drive Intel QuadCore Processor Can't remember which one sorry Ghz No Viruses Memory Problems etc - I ran a full scan with Malwarebytes and SUPERantispyware just yesterday and they came clean Today I restarted my computer because my USB Flash Drive wasn't being detected However it would not start back up I did NOT download anything new recently and my Startup Repair/SysRestore trying BSOD up start to when - Fail ANY mode latest system update was maybe days ago When I try to boot up my computer i get this BSOD error - This happens when I try to start it up in Safe Mode too and all of the other Safe Mode options A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited Here are those codes listed at the bottom Not even sure they matter but I took several pictures and managed to get the whole thing x F x xFFFFFA B xFFFFFA A xFFFFF AF I tried System Repair but the wizard said that this error could BSOD when trying to start up ANY mode - Startup Repair/SysRestore Fail not be repaired automatically - To fix this I tried the infinite loop technique http www sevenforums com register acad ae f but this didn't work I also tried System Restore which said it worked but I still get BSOD when I try to restart my computer after the successful System restore I also tried inserting my Windows disk and setting the CD drive as default BIOS I came up to the Windows Setup and tried doing a System Restore System Repair from there and nothing special happens The System Repair says it doesn't work and the System Restore says it does - I also ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool from the Startup Disk and it came clean Not a problem with memory I suppose A few other things I've tried Command prompt things like 'chkdsk' and 'sfc scannow' These either came out clean or said that my computer needs to be restarted before the command is entered in order to finish System Repair and when I restart it says the same thing Please help and thanks for taking the time to read this

A:BSOD when trying to start up ANY mode - Startup Repair/SysRestore Fail

It appears that those codes on the BSOD change so the ones I posted may be inaccurate (if they even matter).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178340-bsod-when-trying-start-up-any-mode-startup-repair-sysrestore-fail.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Here is a cross reference to my previous notes http www bleepingcomputer com forums t potential-worm page- from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t potential-worm Safe Mode - Upon pressing the key F several times during Start Up my computer bypasses over Safe Mode and and choose Repair Safe to Cursor any Mode options - Up No Start starts up correctly Safe Mode only works if I turn off my computer at the tower's power switch where Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking etc can then be seen but I have no means to activate these modes due to no cursor appearing when I Safe Mode and Start Up Repair - No Cursor to choose any options move my mouse Start Up Repair - Upon being given the option to repair my start up when my computer briefly crashed one morning last week I had no means to activate it manually Unlike Safe Mode the Start Up Repair started automatically which corrected the fault and allowed me to restart my computer which corrected the problem but I'd like to restore the option to manually click Safe Mode and Start Up Repair - No Cursor to choose any options on options in Windows like with previous computers

A:Safe Mode and Start Up Repair - No Cursor to choose any options

You cannot use a mouse in the Boot options screen prior to entering Safe Mode for the simple reason that at this point the mouse drivers have not been loaded. Use the up and down arrow keys to move up and down the options, and when you have settled on the one you want - press the Enter key. You do in fact have a cursor of sorts, but it is a white underscore, not a pointer.

For some of us, this is a trip down memory lane to DOS and no GUIs; for somewhat younger users it is something of a cultural shock !

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527440/safe-mode-and-start-up-repair-no-cursor-to-choose-any-options/
Relevancy 77.83%

On Friday when booting windows failed to start and went into auto-repair. It did start then and again the next day. However this morning it failed again and the auto-repair was not able to resolve the issue, including when I told it to do a system restore.

I have tried to start windows in safe mode but rather than booting and the list of windows files is done I get a blue screen for 1 second and am back at the windows failed to launch screen (repair windows or start normally options). On two occasions while tapping f8 to get into safe mode while the screen was displaying "boot from cd/dvd" an error message came up stating that there was a disk read error.

A:Windows won't start, also won't start in safe mode.

It sounds like it's possible the hard disk has developed a problem. I'd suggest going to the manuf's website and downloading their tool for checking that specific model drive. Hopefully they will have an ISO that can be burned to CD or USB stick and you can boot into the tool and have it check the drive.

To boot from a CD or USB stick this option must be enabled in the BIOS... and sometimes the advanced boot screen that allows one to choose to boot from an alternate device has to be enabled before it can be accessed during boot (usually by tapping F12, but it can be different for different machines). So you might have to boot into the BIOS to enable these things before it will boot from a CD or USB stick.

But maybe someone else has another preliminary, easier option to try first. But a read error sounds indicative of a HD problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353085-windows-wont-start-also-wont-start-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My mother in law has a toshiba satellite p -s and this morning she told me there was a toshiba update I was on her laptop yesterday and saw there was an update for her bios so I'm assuming she clicked start start won't either can't start repair after Laptop up update, the update button and messed the update up somehow Now when we try to boot the laptop it'll go straight to the windows error recovery screen Laptop won't start after update, can't start start up repair either with the options to start normally or start the start up repair Choosing start up repair loads the files and the bar fills up at the bottom of the screen then the screen goes black with no mouse and it doesn't do anything else from there Choosing to start windows normally starts the normal boot with the windows logo but as soon as it starts it freezes there It shows quot Starting windows quot And two of the dots that spin around to form the logo appear but as soon as the two dots appear that's when it freezes She didn't completely break her laptop did she

A:Laptop won't start after update, can't start start up repair either

In some cases windows Recovery disks may help.

Here is the link for Windows 7 x86 edition :

http://www.forum.probz.net/index.php...vironment-iso/

Click the download button on the page and then burn the iso file to a Cd-r medium.

But if Win7 recovery cd is not of help ,in that case Live CD 's come to aid.

Here is the list of linux livecd's :

Linux | The LiveCD List

Booting via a livecd (free Linux distributions) needed files can be recovered and copied
to external mediums and system afterwards can be re-setup.

Linux livecd can be burned onto a dvd-r /cd-r disk or to an usb flash memory.USB is faster and better
of course.

Laptops like Toshiba have recovery partitions in many cases, and a special recovery
option is provided upon bootup.(F9 - F10 likewise..)

hope your problem gets solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265346-laptop-wont-start-after-update-cant-start-start-up-repair-either.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi so my normally from CMD start-up windows repair start 7 laptop is not start windows 7 normally from start-up repair CMD booting up The problem is that my keyboard is damaged and I need to use a wired wireless USB keyboard however at initial login screen it gives me two options launch start up repair or run PHP Code -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB start nbsp windows nbsp normally nbsp br span span code however my keyboard will not let me tab or use up down although my mouse works but that is useless on these screens So every time it launches start-up repair because I cannot change option Now here is the kicker It lets me use USB keyboard and mouse on System recovery options So I am stuck in this system recovery screen and trying to run things in command prompt but not found the solution yet If I can command CMD to run quot start windows normally quot then it should get me back on track Anybody know this command I searched online for a couple of hours and had no luck I also tried to force safe mode via cmd but also stuck in a secondary loop of safe mode in system recovery also Any tips on how to undo this would be great also My laptop is an asus g jw with win build Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/start-windows-7-normally-from-start-up-repair-cmd-1107874.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi guys My Sony Vaio laptop with Vista home is completely unable to start safe mode or otherwise Instead I m brought to a screen that tells me windows was unable to start and given the option to use startup repair or start windows any startup to BSOD repair in running unable mode, gives start Vista normally The latter obviously doesn t work leaving me stuck on a windows loading screen ad infinitum Using startup repair gave me an option to use restore points the first three times However now I am given the stop code x with four Vista unable to start in any mode, running startup repair gives BSOD similar but longer codes following This issue seemed to arise randomly but I did improperly power off my laptop after the last time I used the laptop I have not installed any new hardware or left anything connected to the laptop Please help I have to use this laptop urgently for scholarship applications and would prefer not to wipe the drive although not out of the question Thanks for any advice it help nbsp

A:Vista unable to start in any mode, running startup repair gives BSOD

Test the hard drive first to get that out of the way before trying anything else, since trying to fix anything with a hard drive that's failed is pointless. You will need the drive maker's Diagnostic Software for DOS, & the links are here:
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (if your drive maker does not have diagnostic software (eg Toshiba), you can use the Seagate software SeaTools for DOS from here: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools/

The DOS version is an ISO file from which you can create a bootable CD using IMGBurn: http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

Boot your faulty laptop from the CD to test the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-unable-to-start-in-any-mode-running-startup-repair-gives-bsod.1040471/
Relevancy 76.97%

Have Toshiba Satellite info mode, windows to Blue provided Screen unable start Computer reg in crashed, A with dual-processors each amp G ram running Windows Vista Home Premium bit Most recent install was iTunes only start-up since install On starting up today got the following on Blue Screen quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your Computer crashed, unable to start windows in reg mode, Blue Screen info provided computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop orror screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check wit the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching Computer crashed, unable to start windows in reg mode, Blue Screen info provided or Shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical information STOP x E xC x E A B x B EF AC x quot Then I restarted the computer and the same message came up but with the following change in the STOP code quot STOP x E xC x E A B x B E AC x quot Restarted once more and one small change again quot STOP x E xC x E A B x D AC x quot Tried starting in Safe Mode can get the screen tried to do a system restore but it doesn't work ultimately Thank you for your help I am not too good at computers amp wouldn't know what to do without your advice Thank you very much I hope one of you can help us Sincerely Kathy

A:Computer crashed, unable to start windows in reg mode, Blue Screen info provided

possible that you have some bad random access memory (RAM) in your computer microsoft provides a free memory checker you can run off a cd or floppy disk. you can get the program here http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp this should provide you with if you have bad memory in your computer. if it won;t let you boot at all into windows and gives you a blue screen of death the memory should fail right away but if it doesnt let it do a few passes to verify probally 5 times should be enough.

otherwise something happened to the OS you could put the OS disk in and do a repair install if the memory passes the test to see if that gets you anywhere

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-crashed-unable-to-start-windows-in-reg-mode-blue-screen-info-provided-311507.html
Relevancy 76.54%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Windows only opens in safe mode,tried reloading drivers, last known good configuration,etc. When in normal mode black screen only, when acessing task manager shows all processes stopped and will not allow me to start them.

A:Black screen when start in normal mode, works in safe mode only.

Hello CliffordJ. Microsoft Security Essentials is installed, correct? Many MSE users running Vista (but not all) suffered black screen after login following installation of Update for Microsoft Security Essentials - 4.9.218.0 (KB3140527), released about a month ago. In fact there is already a thread here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606422/windows-vista-x64-bksod-after-login-or-no-access-in-normal-mode-suspect-mse/. The posters there disabled MSE 4.9 in Safe Mode by unticking a brand-new setting in the UI (Administrator > Turn on this app). Another method of escaping this situation would be to restore your system to a point before the update was installed, then hide the update in Windows Update. That would allow you to resume using MSE 4.8 if you wish.

I am extremely curious why this happens to many but not all MSE users running Vista. If more advanced forum members ask you for further information, I hope you will cooperate. Above all, I wonder if any other security software with real-time protection is installed (or perhaps improperly uninstalled)? Of course there is a possibility that your issue is something else...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609537/black-screen-when-start-in-normal-mode-works-in-safe-mode-only/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Dell XPS 400 and im stuck on the loading screen. When I turn it on it says

"Floppy diskette failure
Strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run set up utility"

I press F1,

it gives me the option to
Boot from Safe Mode
Boot from Safe Mode with Cammand Prompt
Boot from Safe Mode with Networking
Last known good configuration
Start windows normally
all the boot options give me a bunch or gibberish and the other two leave me stuck on the loading screen for days. help please.

A:Stuck on Start up screen 911

First off press F2 to enter Setup. Find the Floppy Drive and Disable it (if you need it again, just boot back into Setup and Enable it again). the "gibberish" should end and enter Safemode. If it doesn't then Boot off of the XP CD Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-on-start-up-screen-911-a-583291.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Recently I went to my girlfriend's sister's wedding. At the motel, I used the free wi-fi. It was unsecured. Now, I have a hard time getting past the IBM start-up screen. It freezes. Then, eventually, an error message comes up saying to change date and time settings, and that checksum is bad. Once I change the date and time, it will work. But this is going on every single time I turn the laptop on, and I just want to be able to go back to how it was when I would just turn my laptop on, then it'll quickly go from the IBM screen, to Windows XP screen, to my desktop like normal. I ran anti-virus, ant-malware, did a couple quick system restores, disk clean-up, and it still has that problem. My computer is an IBM ThinkPad R40. Thank you guys so much for your help; I truly appreciate it.

A:I get stuck on IBM start-up screen.

Scottw1169 said:

Then, eventually, an error message comes up saying to change date and time settings, and that checksum is bad. Once I change the date and time, it will workClick to expand...

It is likely to be the Cmos [Bios] battery that needs replacing.
Try that first.

https://archive.org/details/ibm-service-manual-thinkpad-r40-r40e.pdf

http://www.ehow.com/how_7265615_change-thinkpad-cmos-battery.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-get-stuck-on-ibm-start-up-screen.1131127/
Relevancy 76.11%

I bought this laptop roughly about 6 months ago and its been working fine until recently i tried starting up my laptop and it would be stuck on the HP logo screen. The loading bar wouldn't even show up or anything. And it would repreat constantly. this problem started when i tried to do a factory reset and it wouldn't work. i said okay and tried to turn it on when it wouldnt work it would get stuck on HP logo screen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Stuck-on-start-up-screen/td-p/5665719
Relevancy 76.11%

So, I just turned on my laptop and it goes to a screen with the Dell logo, "Studio" undernearth it, and a loading bar.
The problem is, the loading bar won't fill, no matter what I do! Then after a few minutes, it just goes to a b lack screen!
It says f2 for setup and f12 for reboot in the corner, but those don't do anything when I hit them!
Help me?! I just got this laptop a year ago, i'm dead if it stops working.