Windows Support Forum

Black Rectangles/Black Boxes All Over The Screen

Q: Black Rectangles/Black Boxes All Over The Screen

When I turn on my computer, it's all fine until after I login. I get these patches of small black rectangles all over my screen which stay above windows and everything (see attatched photo). I located it down to being an issue with dwm.exe as the boxes go away when I end that task. I just don't know how I should go about repairing this issue. I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black Rectangles/Black Boxes All Over The Screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black Rectangles/Black Boxes All Over The Screen

Quote: Originally Posted by darkarchonlord

When I turn on my computer, it's all fine until after I login. I get these patches of small black rectangles all over my screen which stay above windows and everything (see attatched photo). I located it down to being an issue with dwm.exe as the boxes go away when I end that task. I just don't know how I should go about repairing this issue. I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Do you have a backup you can restore from?
do you have a win 7 dvd, to do a repair install?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79838-black-rectangles-black-boxes-all-over-screen.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello, I just bought an Aspire E5- 575G-53G laptop. Everything is running smoothly with it. All except when ever I do any type of search or a new webpage loads I get these weird black boxes on my screen. Most of the time if I refresh it will go away, but once I load another page it does it again. It really varies from barly noticable to extremely noticable. I'll post some pictures to show.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/I-have-black-square-and-rectangles-on-my-screen-when-ever-my/td-p/458603
Relevancy 102.34%

HelloI have a spare computer and the other day it was on while I went to take a shower. I came back and saw this black screen with rectangles a strange letter that looks like a C with a tail and an unresponsive blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner. When I restart it goes imediately to that screen. I was able to finally get into boot menu by pressing first F12 and then F2. It does say that my primary drive can not be found. Yet in the boot menu I am seeing that the first drive is recognized. It's confusing. I am on an older computer that is a Dell Dimension 8200 with all the original parts. It is Windows XP service pack 3. I have tested the monitor and that is not it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The orange rectangle in the picture is actually red in person.

A:Black screen with red white blue rectangles (pic included)

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (or http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28744&hl=hard+drive+diagnostic)Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), to make the CD bootable.For Toshiba hard drives, see here: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=ServicesSupport/FujitsuDrivesUSandCanada/SoftwareUtilities#diagnosticNote : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391427/black-screen-with-red-white-blue-rectangles-pic-included/
Relevancy 92.02%

Okay I had no idea where to post this because I have no idea what the trouble is But this mainly happens when I m playing a certain game so here I am I m getting black boxes that suddenly appear on the screen It s not the laptop itself because I learned all I have to do is boxes screen the up pop on black move the cursor up to the toolbar and it goes away If I m on facebook or filling out a form and it appears if I drag the mouse on the pad it goes away where the actual boxes are with the words or the posts It doesn t all disappear unless I refresh or even open another tab and go back Sometimes it s white but mostly it s black Also I can t get black boxes pop up on the screen my firewall up I really need to get it looked at but my husband s income barely covers everything and I can t get a black boxes pop up on the screen job I can t understand technical stuff I have firefox and stupid windows recovering disk space attachment deleted by admin

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,142003.0.html
Relevancy 91.16%

HI, I am getting flashing black boxes on my monitor, once one stayed in the same place for a few hours. I thought my monitor was going bad so I replaced it. as soon as I turned on the new monitor, just now. the black boxes showed up. I had a 3 yr old dell and XP.

is my computer going bad. I don't play games on this computer, it is a work computer.
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-black-boxes-on-screen.1024046/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I saw a similar posting on this site in January describing the exact problem I am having. The posting has since closed. No solution was given other then to use another printer. I only have one printer. I am having a problem printing a large pdf document using my Win 8 computer. Black rectangles appear randomly on the printed pages. The printer cartridge is relatively new. The print preview does not show any black rectangled areas, and the document prints perfectly fine on my Vista machine. Please advise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pdf-files-printing-with-black-bars-rectangles.1091813/
Relevancy 87.29%

Tech Support Guy System responding, Computer lagging, has stops black stopping, boxes on screen.... Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Computer stopping, lagging, stops responding, has black boxes on screen.... Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives Computer stopping, lagging, stops responding, has black boxes on screen.... C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc JJW N Antivirus avast Antivirus Computer stopping, lagging, stops responding, has black boxes on screen.... Updated and Enabled I m trying to figure out if my computer is getting ready to crash or whether I have malware a virus etc It is lagging behind right now as I type this If I am running a program it takes forever to download and then runs herky jerky I tried to listen to some music on itunes and the music kept hanging up and repeating like a broken record Is my computer on it s last legs or do I have an infection I just suspended ALL add-ons on Frefox and at least it is typing better now Can you tech guys help THANK you so much nbsp

A:Computer stopping, lagging, stops responding, has black boxes on screen....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-stopping-lagging-stops-responding-has-black-boxes-on-screen.1145579/
Relevancy 87.29%

Help please - on switching on screen shows quot on turns blue monitor boxes after black screen scrolling up 2 start Dell logo and Windows is starting quot then screen goes black two small blue boxes as big as downloading progress bars with the words quot input not support quot between them start to scroll round the screen Mouse does not work and I am unable to do anything to try to correct problem I am using Dell OptiPlex with Windows Home monitor turns black after start up 2 blue boxes scrolling on screen with AOC monitor I have tried plugging the AOC monitor into an Acer laptop and this achieves whatever is monitor turns black after start up 2 blue boxes scrolling on screen happening on monitor turns black after start up 2 blue boxes scrolling on screen laptop screen being duplicated on the AOC monitor but both screens can then only be controlled by the wired mouse connected to the laptop with no response from wireless mouse used on AOC monitor Having achieved the above am I with my virtually non existent pc knowledge correct in assuming that my monitor problem is due to a windows system problem Any assistance in the simplest terms as to the cause and corrective procedure to solve this problem would be very much appreciated regards Tamspot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/388649-monitor-turns-black-after-start-up-2-blue-boxes-scrolling-screen.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello So on my computer something strange happens when I uninstall UxStyle It Black Post-Windows Flashing Black Screen Update UxStyle has broken my Windows install once and it has done it again The UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen first time I kept on doing system restores to see what was the problem that made that black screen After trial and error I narrowed it down to UxStyle So I deleted Windows and installed Windows which is what I wanted in the first place Now I decided to triple-boot Windows with Vista and and it has succeeded I reinstalled UxStyle thinking it was just a problem with my old Windows install and then uninstalled it after a few days since I felt like the regular look was better I rebooted Windows and the same effect happened So I would like to know if I can get and replace those three patched DLLs with unpatched DLLs for Windows Could I just change the broken ones to have old next to them and then place the ones I get here there Also would sfc scannow work

A:UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen

Hello lct01a, and welcome to Eight Forums.

A sfc /scannow will attempt to repair any modified or corrupted system files, so that would be a good first step.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/47244-uxstyle-black-flashing-post-windows-update-black-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Bit of a long story but here I go I have Radeon with the crossfire thing set up it s been working well for over years Over the last few weeks I ve been having issues mostly while watching videos usually HD and AMD white/low 6950 Radeon problems screen/black (black and resolution) or full screen The video will freeze the audio will loop then eventually the screen goes black and I get an error message saying quot Display driver AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) has stopped working AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) and has recovered quot Sometimes it didn t recover and I have to turn the computer off What s now happening is it will freeze at the windows start up Then after resetting I will get to windows in very very low resolution and in black and white So I re-seated the cards I couldn t notice any obvious damage to it except the fans were very dusty so I cleaned them Boot it up and I still get the black and white I checked the device manager and it said one of the cards was having problems I uninstalled both drivers from that menu not quite sure if I should have done this and for whatever reason it s now working However it now seems one of my cards is not being recognised Only one display adapter is shown in the device manager and AMD catalyst only recognises one card too What s the best course of action to determine what s wrong with what card still not quite sure which one it is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-radeon-6950-problems-black-screen-black-and-white-low-resolution.1116301/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello there So as the title says I'm having some problems with my computer I bought it about weeks ago Goes Stays Black BlueScreen MMO's. and playing Screen Black, Restarts and no issues with it other than when I try to play an MMO that would make the graphics card work The graphics card that is installed in the computer was separately bought and installed so I'm thinking it might be conflict issues with the card but I don't know The way it happens is I run the games I can play for anything from a minute to mins and then my screen says it has disconnected from the image goes black and I can hear my computer restart but my screen stays black I have to manually power off and back on for my screen to start showing images again Once restarted i get the quot Problem Event Name Bluescreen quot thing It's really annoying since I just bought GW and I can't play properly any help would be appreciated Also in the Action Center it's said that my Nvidia Graphics Card has stopped working or crashed multiple times naming the exact times my computer crashed which is why I believe it has to do with my card

A:BlueScreen playing MMO's. Screen Goes Black, Restarts and Stays Black

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800cf0e010, fffff88010aee630, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ade630 )

Code:
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 02 19:21:13 2012 (506B3099)
Follow these steps:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Overclocking -
I recommend if you are overclocking any hardware, that you reset these values within the BIOS to their default values in order to increase the stability of your system.

Please run the following tests for your graphics card and RAM:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Graphics Card:Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Read all the steps within the hardware test tutorials very carefully, as stress tests is designed run components to their maximum capacity, in order to point out failing or faulty hardware components.

Use the following program to monitor your hardware temperatures during the stress test:CPUID HWMonitor
Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Please check for the latest driver updates (may have to install a older driver) for your graphics card on the manufacturer's website, and check for any driver compatibility issues with:Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows
If you are using DirectX, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the DirectX API:How to download and install DirectX

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265537-bluescreen-playing-mmos-screen-goes-black-restarts-stays-black.html
Relevancy 77.83%

i believe virus deleted a system 32 exe file it is a confident guess. I have a true black screen nothing at all comes up doesn't load anything no hot keys work. windows 7 hp laptop I need to know if I can get into bios if f keys don't work, cd repair disk don't work. what can I do power button and wifi button lights up on keyboard and fans are running but black screen no response. it is not a graphic card problem not a hardware problem at all. please help

A:Black Screen of Death true black no keys work at all!!!HELP

Do you see the bios splash screen?
Did you ever enter BIOS before, so you know how to do it?
Do you see the win7 animated welcome screen (prior to logon)?
------
cd repair disc .... you mean this? System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329399-black-screen-death-true-black-no-keys-work-all-help.html
Relevancy 77.4%

OK so here it is looking at this girl's computer and she said that she keeps seeing pop ups and things like that One interesting part is a little black box will pop up and then disappear I ran ad aware spy bot s amp and ups black boxes. Pop D I can't really figure it out call Pop ups and black boxes. me an idiot if it's easy to figure out Thanks guys Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS GWMDMMSG exe C Program Files Gateway Utilities GWInkMonitor exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mm tray exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S BIC EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S BIC EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS System commdlg exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system aclui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Lanovation PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Jessica Marshall Desktop hijack this HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gmu edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gatewaybiz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gatewaybiz com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Gateway Ink Monitor quot C Program Files Gateway Utilities GWInkMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run MMTray C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mm tray exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S BIC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot LPT quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series Copy C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S BIC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series Copy quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run z C documents and settings jessica marshall loca... Read more

A:Pop ups and black boxes.

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted.

Please read this post completely before begining the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Please ensure that there aren't any any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

* * * * * * ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Download & install CleanUp.exe (not recommended for WinXP64)

Download KillBox v2.0.0.175.exe (it's important that you get version v2.0.0.175)

Download and install Ewido Security SuiteWhen installing, under "Additional Options",uncheck - Install background guard

Have Ewido update itself & then exit the program.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido

'UNPLUG'/DISCONNECT your computer from the Internet when you have finished downlaoding.
It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order.

* * * * * * FIXING ENTRIES WITH HIJACKTHIS * * * * * * * * * *

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gatewaybiz.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gatewaybiz.com
R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O2 - BHO: AOL Toolbar Launcher - {7C554162-8CB7-45A4-B8F4-8EA1C75885F9} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [61z] C:\documents and settings\jessica marshall\local settings\temp\61z.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [A70F6A1D-0195-42a2-934C-D8AC0F7C08EB] rundll32.exe E6F1873B.DLL,D9EBC318C
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [b898771da46a] C:\WINDOWS\System32\commdlg1.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [98D0CE0C16B1] rundll32.exe D0CE0C16B1,D0CE0C16B1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySpotter] C:\PROGRA~1\SPYSPO~1\SpySpotter.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger .exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)

Fix ALL the 018-Logitech entries

O18 - Protocol: bw+0s - {C8372D5D-FA95-422A-85D2-984F708D658B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
O18 - Protocol: bw-0 - {C8372D5D-FA95-422A-85D2-984F708D658B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
O18 - Protocol: bw-0s - {C8372D5D-FA95-422A-85D2-984F708D658B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
O18 - Protocol: bw00 - {C8372D5D-FA95-422A-85D2-984F708D658B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
O18 - Protocol: bw00s - {C8372D5D-FA95-422A-85D2-984F708D658B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
O18 - Protocol: bw10 - {C8372D5D-FA95-422A-85D2-984F708D658B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWPlugProtocol-8876480.dll

* * * * * * RESTART WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE * * * * * * * * * *

1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep on... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pop-ups-and-black-boxes-85969.html
Relevancy 76.97%

When i press the power button evrythings looks ok all fans starts the led on my keyboard flashes but the flashing led on my screen that indicate that it s sleeping does nt stop flashing which mean it does nt receive any information When i press restart it often solve the problem and my screen computer starts perfectly I JUST INSTALLED A BRAND NEW POWER SUPPLY hight quality the problem still there If someone know how to get a log file that would help me to determin the problem - you BLACK!!!(black know PITCH i mean?) screen press you when power what Does reseting de cmos could solve sumtin - To reset cmos i need to remove the bateri for PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?) about second - does a poor batery could make such problems - I need hlp Or if someone have already experienced that problem and could tell me what you did to solve the problem i just baught a power supply antec but i didnt solve anything my d card is brand new and my cable looks fine but who knows pls HLP ME information about this error must be written in some log files Thanks for replies nbsp

A:PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pitch-black-black-screen-when-you-press-power-you-know-what-i-mean.421322/
Relevancy 76.97%

A black dot 1" in diameter and some black smears have appeared on the bottom right corner of my screen. I believe whatever page I have up is ok behind it. And I think it is getting bigger. Monitor is a Dell 19 " Analog Flat Panel. Maybe it is finished.

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have this year old Lenovo Y config below The discrete graphic card has In WIN Screen Mode POST During , Screen Safe Even Black 7 Black probably fried a long time ago so last year when I did a clean install of Windows I had to disable ATI Card permanently in the device manager using safe mode Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode and used the Intel integrated card A few days ago I booted up windows only to encounter quot A disk read error has occurred press ctrl alt del to restart quot I tried to boot up using WIN install disc but soon after the Starting Windows logo the screen Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode turns black and I am left with a cursor in a black screen I tried to boot into Safe Mode but still I encountered a black screen with just the cursor I booted with Ubuntu live usb and was able to access all my partition and did back up and even formatted the Windows Partition I tried to boot using a WinPe and faced the Black screen with a cursor again I even reset BIOS to default changed Graphics Adapter from quot Discrete' to quot Switchable' and vice-versa but no effect at all When I boot up using Ubuntu and ran lspci grep VGA I can see both cards listed I even tried to boot up using Windows preview disk still I get a black screen after the Windows loading screen I can't afford to buy any laptop presently since I am currently at college so using Ubuntu for now Is ther any way to install Windows again Is it possible to get the ATI Card working properly- reballing reflow Any way to permanently disable the ATI card and get windows to boot up using the integrated chip Notebook Lenovo IdeaPad Y Processor Intel Core i M Graphics Adapter Switches B W Intel HD amp ATI Mobility Radeon HD

A:Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode

What other graphics adapter choices are available in BIOS setup? If you choose Switchable is there software on the Lenovo site for your model that's needed? Are you using the Display adapter software from there?

Have you tested your HD with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by a full Disk Check on a single disk partition you create?

Then work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums including trying an alternate install method (disk><flash stick) with new media. These steps overcome almost all install failures, so you'll be reasonably sure the problem is hardware or BIOS settings if nothing works. But don't skip any steps.

Try Clean Install Windows 10 Technical Preview to see if there's any difference with a more modern OS install. It's already a very polished OS and worth testing this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/351512-black-screen-during-win-7-post-black-screen-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey all- I am experiencing some unusual problems with my pc and am not sure what the cause is.
If I start up (not in safe mode) the pc will boot up and shows nothing but many alternating black and white boxes. If I boot up in safe mode I get the normal screens and operation however the windows start up menu has all types of strange substitutes for letters~musical notes etc. After I chose to run windows in safe mode and I'm on the desktop or in any app I get a series of teal vertical lines in every image. What could be the cause of this issue? Some forums have suggested video card and others ram. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:black and white boxes

overheating
video card on it's way
power supply on it's way
or a combination of all threee
if you turn the power off at the back and then on again and start up,does it boot normally

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-and-white-boxes-99184.html
Relevancy 76.54%

These boxes appeared in firefox around links. How do I get rid of them?

A:Black boxes in firefox

download firefox 4 from mozilla and install it, I think your settings should stay the same. This should fix your problem.

If it requires you to uninstall firefox first, I believe it gives you the option to keep your current settings for a later install

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/164438-black-boxes-firefox.html
Relevancy 76.54%

ok i get black boxs on startup saying C WINDOWS System Java exe they stay untill i click the X of the boxes fills up with writing idk what to do 2 Please boxes! help! Solved: black ive checked it on all my virus scans and nothing PLZ HELP Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Solved: Please help! 2 black boxes! Boot mode Solved: Please help! 2 black boxes! Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Solved: Please help! 2 black boxes! lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook The British Elites Toolbar - dddcca - dde- -aa - f b d fc - C Program Files The British Elites tbThe dll F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe quot quot O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll file missing O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQS... Read more

Relevancy 76.54%

Bioshock black boxes? (fixed)

I just started playing Bioshock a couple of weeks ago, and i get black boxes showing up...everywhere. I even just started getting X's! I don't know what is causing it and im wondering if anyone has any ideas? i have the most recent nvidia driver and bioshock patch 1.1. Also, when i start up, the intro stuff plays in the background but the video portion of it is stuck on the first copyright thing. It will go to the menu correctly after i hit escape after the nvidia sound.

Edit: I had reinstalled it, and it worked fine for awhile. Then the same thing started happening after a day or so.

A:Bioshock black boxes?

The video card may be overheating or just plain going bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bioshock-black-boxes.122770/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey all- I am experiencing some unusual problems with my pc and am not sure what the cause is.
If I start up (not in safe mode) the pc will boot up and shows nothing but many alternating black and white boxes. If I boot up in safe mode I get the normal screens and operation however the windows start up menu has all types of strange substitutes for letters~musical notes etc. After I chose to run windows in safe mode and I'm on the desktop or in any app I get a series of teal vertical lines in every image. What could be the cause of this issue? Some forums have suggested video card and others ram. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:black and white boxes

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit, Select All" then click on "Edit, Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-and-white-boxes.463792/
Relevancy 75.68%

since the recent update Windows 10, my gifs appear as black boxes. As I scroll down my twitter feed, the gif is visible and once over the gif, it turn to black. Can anyone help me?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442363-gifs-appear-black-boxes-twitter.html
Relevancy 75.68%

My Win 7 has been working flawlessly for the past few days, but this morning after installing some updates(posted), after restarting I have these black boxes on my Desktop...tried clearing the thumbnail cache after Googling the problem but no dice...any ideas???

A:Black boxes over Desktop icons....

I don't have a solution but if you look at where the black boxes are situated you can see that they are exactly where the small 'shortcut' icon should be.

Added: I haven't installed the test update yet so i'm thinking that's the problem. You could try uninstalling it

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/9892-black-boxes-over-desktop-icons.html
Relevancy 75.68%

dell studio 1545
win 7 pro 64 bit

hi everyone, im wayne from the uk.
i have been searching this and other forums for hours trying to find the cause/remedy for randomly appearing black boxes instead of desktop icons after boot up.
its 50/50 wether normal icons appear or if black boxes appear.
the icon texts are always present.

every time i boot in safe mode they appear normally.
i use the "small icon" setting, if i change to medium or large icon size i still get the "small icon" sized black box overlayed on the larger icon (half icon half black box).

has anyone come accross this problem or have any advice for me, bearing in mind my computer skills are limited.

many thanks in advance
wayne

A:black boxes instead of desktop icons

Had this before, run and antivirus scan and a malware scan.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Yes, it can be one of many other causes and others and, maybe, myself will tell you about them, but if malware is the cause we must get it remedied, before bigger problems arise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/87462-black-boxes-instead-desktop-icons.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm not sure what is happening and I had already searched the internet for someone with this problem

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Black-boxes-on-select-and-right-click/td-p/5815569
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm not sure what is happening and I had already searched the internet for someone with this problem

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Black-boxes-on-select-and-right-click/td-p/5815569
Relevancy 75.68%

I am having an issue with these darn black boxes that will cover unique program icons, but my folder icons are ok. How can I stop this?

I read a thread on here that temporarily solves the problem, which was:

Change desktop color quality to 16bit
Restart machine
Change desktop color quality to 32bit
Solved.

BUT, everytime I restart/shutdown my computer, the same thing happens again. It wouldn't be bad if this was a rare occassion, but not all the time. I honestly do not think I changed any settings around concerning shortcut arrows and whatnot. So I don't know what the problem is.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

A:Black Boxes over Desktop Icons???

Hello Gudziel,

It does sound like it is the shortcut arrow overlay that is messed up. Using either method in the tutorial below should be able to restore the default shortcut arrow overlay for you.

Shortcut Arrow

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/226175-black-boxes-over-desktop-icons.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello

I recently came across a problem with some of the metro apps, black boxes would start appearing whenever an animation was needed in the app, or the areas would be blank.

I looked this up, and some have suggested that it was a problem with AA settings on nvidia cards. However, I have an AMD radeon dedicated graphics card.

I have tried reinstalling the apps, rebooting my laptop, updating windows, and updating AMD control centre to no avail. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

My system specs:
Computer type
Laptop

System Manufacturer/Model Number
Sony Corporation

OS
Windows 8 x64

CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz

Memory
8GB

Graphics Card(s)Edit Value
Intel HD 4000/AMD Radeon HD 7670M

A:Metro apps black boxes

A refresh would be the easiest fix.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/28930-metro-apps-black-boxes.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi So i recently had the PAVRM virus and i think i got rid of it because I followed the advice on another thread on this website However now a new problem has materialized and I just cannot figure out how to get rid of it Le me see if i can describe the problem because I do not know the technical nature of it The problem is that every time I run a program like say Internet Explorer these black command prompt boxes with white writing comes out and shows the coding up to the point that the window for Prompt Boxes Command Black Internet explorer comes up Then a second black box comes up and just stays there until I quit the program Black Command Prompt Boxes This happens for everything I do on the computer any program I run Can someone please suggest my options here I downloaded a bunch of anti-spyware programs such as HijackThis and malawarebytes Also GMER I do not know if these were the problem Please help

A:Black Command Prompt Boxes

I downloaded a bunch of anti-spyware programs such as HijackThis and malawarebytes. Also GMER. I do not know if these were the problem.It's possibleUninstall mbam and then:Download and Run OTCleanItThis program will remove the tools you have used.Download OTCleanIt by OldTimer to your desktop.Double click OTCleanIt.exe to start the program.Click the big CleanUp! button.When asked if you want to proceed with the cleanup process, click Yes. Restart your computer when prompted.Delete the file after use, if it did not delete itself.-----------------------------------------Then lets start overThe process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware ProgramsThen run ATF and SASATFPlease download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244475/black-command-prompt-boxes/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello guys, maybe somebody had the same problem, my friend has a hp hdx 9300 was working fine the all of a sudden the laptop switched off and when rebooted the screen is completly black, tried an external vga, its black, tried an external hdmi and its all black. We can hear the hd working, dvd running.... all lights are ok, tried everything in the trouble shooting of hp web site ... nothing. Anybody can give us a hand?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hdx-9300-black-screen-and-hdmi-black/td-p/5677626
Relevancy 75.25%

I use XP Home Edition. I was trying to change my desktop appearance, and clicked on "My current theme" under the themes tab. My desktop changed to all black, including the lettering; just the icons are there, but they are tiny, as if the resolution was changed to the highest setting. I tried getting back to the desktop properties, but since the lettering is black I cannot read anything and I don't know where to click to change anything. Is there a keyboard shortcut I could use or some other way I can get back to a normal screen? I no longer have the XP disk, so cannot reformat.

A:Solved: Black lettering on black screen

Hi, Sorry that no one replied to you.....and, I noticed that this thread is marked as "Solved".... did you manage to fix the problem?

I am sure help is still available here!

We like to have members post how they fixed something - so if you did, could you come back and post how? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-lettering-on-black-screen.1064939/
Relevancy 74.82%

How can I restore my default drive icons?

You can see the screenshot related to my problem.

A:Drive icons replaced by black boxes

Rebuild Icon Cache - by Brink. That tutorial should get you sorted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333348-drive-icons-replaced-black-boxes.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Windows 8 has been having very strange rendering errors, the desktop still works fine but the rest is all strange blurred with black boxes.

I have no idea what the problem is it just suddenly showed up as that.

Edit:
System Specs are:
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (Quad)
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Windows 8 64-Bit (Downloaded from DreamSpark)

A:Strange black boxes and blurred text

I would download the latest graphic drivers from nvidia and install them, select the option to do a clean install when prompted
If you do not use 3D, disable it so it does not install,, not needed if you don't use it and can cause problems at times.

If Windows ever wants to update Graphic or Audio drivers, I always suggest no, and manually update them from the manufacturer directly. Most other drivers are fine to run from Windows updates.

try that first anyway.

NVIDIA DRIVERS 306.23WHQL

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/9684-strange-black-boxes-blurred-text.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Okay, In July windows 8 crashed. I had to get in contact with HP to get recovery disks and reload it. It's been working great since then. Until today, It's been slower, automatically disconeccting its self from the internet. No, the internet did not go out. I verified that by my phone and another computer in the house. Now, the third problem is often times as I pass the cursor over an icon behind said icon goes black. So, if I click and drag as if I'm selecting multiple the whole section goes black. This, I got on video. Although it's cell phone recorded, I'll post so people can see.

A:Slow, disconnected from internet, and black boxes?

Here's the video.

Windows 8 being junk as usual. - YouTube

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/slow-disconnected-from-internet-and-black-boxes-901738.html
Relevancy 74.82%

recently i've found that when i'm playing warcraft, in any game, i have randomly placed pink and black checkered boxes scattered all over the place, nobody else sees them but me, i have no idea what the problem is...

A:Warcraft 3 Pink and Black Checkered Boxes...

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warcraft-3-pink-and-black-checkered-boxes.825560/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a new machine from HP that has a miltimedia server attached. I have called HP tech support and they have no idea what they are doing and I REFUSE to reformat AGAIN! I like my Icons on the desk top for faster access and now small black boxes have small black boxes that showed up in the bottom left corner of the icon. Since HP does NOT seem to be able to fix this, thought I would try here and get some help. When you go on line with HP, they take control and check out the machine. No one has any idea what the problem is and their ONLY solution is to reformat the hard drive. Now, after three times of that, I refuse to do it again. Befor this super duper version of Windows (Vista64) I did not have this problem.

Relevancy 74.82%

2 days ago Daniel posted an article on how to remove shortcut arrows on Windows 10 desktops. I was able to hide the arrows. However, I got two updates. I installed them & restarted the system. After restarting I got these.
I ignored & finished my work & I saw that everything was normal. Sometime after explorer restarted and those black squares re-appeared! I've waited again but this time they didn't disappear.
What's the solution?

A:Why am I seeing black boxes instead of no arrows on short-cuts?

Try reverting the process and redoing it.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/377909-why-am-i-seeing-black-boxes-instead-no-arrows-short-cuts.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello Quite recently I noticed that there were little black box flickering in my games My GPU is an black new Flickering games boxes in update? driver since ATI Flickering black boxes in games since new driver update? HD MB I did not overclock this GPU First it came when I got myself Shogun Total War and then in all my other games that I played after that Here is a pic It flickers on for a split second and off and keeps coming back I did notice though that when I alt-tabbed for a few seconds and then came back it took a little while before they came back Also this has nothing to do with heating because the max temp that my GPU will ever hit is C and on idle it's C with a Accelero heatsink I thought this had something to do with the latest update I installed so I uninstalled and driver-sweeped my ATI driver and installed but no luck Along with that I noticed that on Youtube when I went into full screen mode the screen would be black BUT playing but then flash on and continue the video from where it flashed on Also when I got out of the Youtube full screen the video would be playing but the image on the video would be what I saw before I went into full screen for a few seconds I tried reinstalling flash in chrome but to no avail I am on windows bit ultimate Help please

A:Flickering black boxes in games since new driver update?

Also, to add, I've had a few BSODs when switching in and out of fullscreen in Youtube!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/176137-flickering-black-boxes-games-since-new-driver-update.html
Relevancy 73.96%
Relevancy 73.96%

How do I get rid of the two black rectangular boxes on the sides of the computer screen when playing Flight Simulator X

A:Flight Simulator X have black rectangular boxes on sides

Try increasing the screen resolution on the game to the maximum. This can be done through the game settings. If this works/doesn't work please reply

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/51523-flight-simulator-x-have-black-rectangular-boxes-sides.html
Relevancy 73.96%

The picture will probably explain better, it does not always happen it usually disappears and then re appears. I use Chrome but it also happens on internet explorer and Firefox. I have no dodgy programs installed and i have updated my java and tried re installing Chrome, Firefox etc. can anyone help?

Relevancy 73.96%

So, I find the shortcut arrows ruin all the fancy icons of my games.

I've tried "%windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50" in the registry, following the steps here: Shortcut Arrow - Change, Remove, or Restore - Windows 7 Help Forums

Obviously this is not working for Windows 8.1 because after a reboot or relog, then they turn into:

What is happening is they become large, black boxes, about the same size as the vista style shortcut arrows.

Is there anyway I can remove shortcut arrows on icons for Windows 8.1 without those boxes showing up/

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75657-black-boxes-replacing-shortcut-arrows-reboot.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have been struggling with an intermittent problem for many months and it is getting worse I am running windows vista on a toshiba satellite laptop My screen will go dark not quite as black as when the computer is off when I am using it and although the computer is still working I cannot see the screen Then on startup I can occasionally see flashes of the startup logo which is enough to let me know it is loading My cursor quits working as well After I run spybot in safe mode and then Startup screen black, screen flickers to all black run it again at startup it works for some time This last time was days So I believe I have a nasty virus I run Norton all the time spybot rather frequently and Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen malaware bytes about once a month I am able to Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen get it in safe mode by hitting the down arrow once and hitting enter It is very frustrating I don t think it is the video card as it is repaired after spybot use Any suggestions nbsp

A:Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen

That is weird situation I'd say. I am unsure what actually is the issue here, perhaps one way of finding what may be happening is having a look at your Event Viewer Logs. You can find Event Viewer, in Control Panel, Administrative Tools.

Also please follow these 8-steps, and post your logs at Malware and Virus Removal Forum for analysis. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-screen-flickers-to-black-then-all-black-screen.150656/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi there,

Am using a Dell Inspiron 6400 with XP. It'd been running ridiculously slowly recently so I started an AVG scan and AVG immediately threw up a file, which I then deleted, then I got a "fatal error" message flash up. Since then I havent been able to get to the log in screen, it merely goes to the black screen with cursor, and Safe Mode is just a black screen with Safe Mode in each corner. Ctrl Alt Del also doesnt work in Safe Mode for some reason, and I have no CD. Ho ho.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 73.1%

Two nights ago I got some popups on firefox when I accidentally clicked on a bad link that got by normal warnings Though usually nothing goes by I download errors, are to videos startup boxes black anything, unable thought nothing of it My laptop then died and I went to bed Then trouble started yesterday morning when I booted up my pc I imediately got multiple error messages ranging from not being able to start up my sidebar to bluetooth error Then I clicked on firefox which was running very slow and unable to download anything So I thought since I run a beta version I would just uninstall and download the regular copy on IE So I uninstall and now startup errors, unable to download anything, videos are black boxes I realize IE gives an error quot unable to download from insert site here unable to open this internet site quot error no startup errors, unable to download anything, videos are black boxes matter what I download Also every video site just has black boxes where videos should be Sites that use flash also appear to be loading very slow and not loading the flash I have ran AVG Antivirus which was only able to work after starting the computer in safe mode but now is working on regular mode Nothing was found I also tried to do a system restore to multipe points but they all ended up saying that the restore failed but gave little detail Help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-errors-unable-to-download-anything-videos-are-black-boxes.1015076/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi

I would really appreciate some help with a very annoying problem I have with Windows XP. I have recently installed a new graphics card (GeForce 6200). There are now black dashes on some of the desktop Icons and when I go into the display properties there are black dashes where the preview of the screen is. If I go into System Properties under the General tab the picture of the screen also has black lines/marks across it. I have updated my Bios, tried other Graphics cards but the problem remains.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

A:Black Marks/Dashes in Windows XP Icons/Display Boxes

tried checking to see that you are using the correct resolution and refresh rate for your video card and monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-marks-dashes-in-windows-xp-icons-display-boxes.53150/
Relevancy 73.1%

Excel puts random black and grey boxes on my external UHD/4k monitor. I'm guessing that many of you may be seeing the same thing since I see many on here asking how to hook up multiple UHD/4k displays. If you are seeing this problem, you may want to head over and vote on the issue at Microsoft's Excel UserVoice so it gets more visibility. I'm guessing this is an Excel problem and not a Lenovo issue but I do think there is a higher chance that people in this forum would see the problem as they are more likely to be using high-end displays.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Excel-display-issues-random-black-and-grey-boxes-on-external-UHD/td-p/3387294
Relevancy 72.67%

When i start my labtop the screen turns on the Dell logo that shows its loading once that page goes off my screen wont turn from black? If i go to power options it stays on for like 3 more seconds then goes out agian.

A:Screen Black lights Up Black

flourescent tube is out where can i find a new one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-black-lights-up-black-441173.html
Relevancy 70.52%
A:Half black, half white screen with picture of 3 black leaves...

Hello @rpickard, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I came across your post about the display issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that you believe the screen may be cracked. You can try performing a Hard Reset.  However, based on the information that you provided, the screen is likely damaged.  You can try reviewing the following document to verify, and for additional options: HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Half-black-half-white-screen-with-picture-of-3-black-leaves/td-p/5621453
Relevancy 68.8%

Ok so whenever I watch a video of Black Screen(Not Black Death) Screen on my harddrive avi format usually Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death) or if I watch a video off youtube I will get a permanant black screen My computer keyboard will not respond and I will have to hard restart my computer My Graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT My driver is currently that of the one found here http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp dlc en amp cc us amp lang en amp os amp product I tried the driver that the Nvidia website tells me to use http www nvidia com object win winvista bit whql html But that driver gave me previous problems found at http forums techguy org windows- -freeze-problems-after-installing-windows html post From what I have experienced This quot black screen quot will occur if I use any form of flash player if I use VLC media player or Windows Media player Oddly from the couple of movies that I have seen on DVD format where I insert a DVD into my drive the computer will not give me a black screen I also play video games and have no problems from them Any ideas as to what the problem is EDIT In addition my monitor is supposed to have a drive My monitor Acer p w Im running Windows -bit I was suggested that I should get a driver for it even though there is no available driver for it that is Windows -bit compatible http us acer com acer service do tx g c att amp ctx att k amp CRC Therefor should I still DL a driver and if so which one there are no -bit compatible ones nbsp

A:Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death)

Overheating graphics card? Check its fan, if any, cooling fins, and air flow. Move other cards away if possible.

Corrupted codecs? Many "packs" contain substandard codecs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-not-black-screen-of-death.901995/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys, i got my computer fixed a while ago and what i tried to do is set it so my computer doesn't turn off when i turn the lid down. It worked but the thing is my display goes black. I don't want it to go black because last night I was streaming all night and I went to sleep because I was streaming a youtube live count. I came home from school today to see that sommeone in my house turned off my display by putting the lid down. I don't want that to happen. Someone, please help? My computer is not off but the display is off and my stream froze because of it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-screen-goes-black-but-i-don-t-want-it-to-go-black-but-i/td-p/5622073
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi My first time I had this Gaming or of Death Black Screen Death of Screen Black BlackSOD problem was while playing BF a few months ago one day all good next BlackSOD the only way out was a reboot as keyboard and mouse where non- responsive The only thing I had done was install an ATI beta driver I got rid of it and went for the normal one ATI driver Since then I have come to suspect the drivers for ATI now using non Beta tried ATI ones still got the BlackSOD amp Razer deathadder when I was using the Synapse version I'm now using the legacy DeathAdder driver v Eng instead Still getting BlackSOD But since I'm Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death here posting I would like know how to stop the BlackSOD as would half the planet At this time my PC has been Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death running for hours Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death will out any problems using the ATI but last week when I was using the ATI drivers it took attempts of trying to get the PC to stay ON As of the PC boots up with out any problems Until of course I run anything like a GAME Then I can be certain a BlackSOD will happen at some point like a few nights ago while playing BF for a few hours BlackSOD in the middle of a game The BF gamers nightmare I tried to do an Up-grade using my Win home that is keep all my stuff and let window re-install itself but the Windows Compatibility Report comes but BLANK only saying quot An error prevented a required compliance check from completing Cancel the installation and try upgrading again quot A clean install is something I don't want to do as yet but that seem to be the path unless there a FIX Things I have noticed Black screen lol Synapse after using their update button my mouse had a bar not a pointer Got rid of Synapse long beep followed by short one Only heard it once yep it's the graphics card but here I'm posting so it may not be this only happens sometimes when tying to re-install the ATI driver software NEVER when the PC starts amp then goes into a BlackSOD I get one beep saying ok then BlackSOD after I have logged in and start moving my mouse around and doing stuff OR BlackSOD within seconds before I get to log in Plugging in my Razer usb headphones only sometimes the PC beeps soon after BlackSOD USB confilcts maybe Update have move USB stuff around to different ports Strange Audio garble sometimes after the BSOD happens Using the sabertooth On board RealTek Have not installed the ATI HDMI audio Fixes so far After the BF BSOD a few months back I used a back up Paragon Software Backup and Recovery Free to re-install System was stable for a while but updating ATI dirvers and Razer brought the BlackSOD back The Paragon backup is oldish so saving the important data now using Genie Time line pro Now using Atiman Uninstaller to remove and then re-install ATI Before I followed net directions deleting all by hand Auslogics BoostSpeed to clean and do what it does Plus CC cleaner run SFC scannow only got to can't fix errors which I suspect is the reason for the Compatibility Report amp upgrade won't work stuff that's missing is jpegs from window screensaver I guess given what in the CBS log plus desktop ini post here Ps I don't suspect malware as i have all the goodies to keep me safe plus I don't go near weird sites unless Gaming and Nasa is weird Any help would be good cheers Update Have install Afterburner to controls fans and last night after two hours of planetside system had another BlackSOD inside the zip are files from system events logs from last night This is the first time that the system has recorded anything to events expect to say quot system was shutdown unexpectedly quot which is me doing a hard reboot So progress Have all the tools and have set the dump files ran Driver Verifier didn't get a BlueSOD dump file no idea why Here are the two Error codes generated by Driver Verifier copied form the BlueSOD x c x e xfffff af c x Driver Verifier set... Read more

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

First things first update your BIOS it is very old:

Code:
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 1304 , 2/08/2011
Next uninstall the following it is likely doing more harm than good:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Care 365
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Disk Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Registry Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wrye Bash
Next run some hardware tests the errors you are getting indicate possible hardware failure / defects:
Furmark will stress test your GPU
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Quote:
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature" (BurnIn test in newer versions).
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Also report the temperatures of your GPU at idle, and when it maxes out during the stress test
Next run prime95 this will stress test your ram/CPU:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Again report your temperatures at idle and under load.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288642-black-screen-death-black-gaming-screen-death.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi been tying to solve BlackSOD for awhile now can be very in frequent problem then at other times I will get a Death Screen Gaming of of Screen or Black Black Death lots of Blacksod all at once PC will fail most of the day for days on end Then Balcksod stops for while like right NOW Today PC booted no problems able to post Last night PC would not work at all for hours PC was going into a BlackSOD when staring Windows or Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death soon after Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death desktop appears Here are my specs All compents where bought in at PC Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death D I Y store PC D I Y then built the PC not me OS win bit Home premium purchased at PC D I Y install by PC D I Y on the or thereabouts reading off invoice AGE OF SYSTEM HARDWARE All components where new when built on the or thereabouts AGE of OS OS has not been re-installed since it was first installed but have re-installed from a backup approx ONCE to try and stop BlackSOD which started sometime in FEB March CPU Intel Hz GTs QPI M CACHE LGA GPU ATI using ATI version using older driver as driver Blacksod still happened Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth-X LGA DDR SATA UBS RAID RMGS- GBRM PSU PWCO-HX- Corsair HX- ATX Modular PSU mmFAn Plus sliver CASE Antec Two Black ATX Tower Case lots of fans System manufacturer Exact mode number

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

Hello,

How are the temps and voltage readings? If the PC is currently overclocked please reset back to defaults for testing purposes

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings. Usually Under Hardware Monitor,PC Health Status, or similar.

Once you have this info Install HWMonitor and take a screenshot of the program at idle and under load.

There could be a possible problem with the processor that could be caused by heat or voltage, or a bad CPU.

Download and install Prime95 (if you don't already have it installed) and perform the test
-Open Prime95 and choose Just stress testing
-Run each test (Small FFTs, In-place large FFTs, and Blend) for a few hours each to see if there are any errors produced or critical temps reached.

Code:
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8008925038
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce475c64645785
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/2/2013 17:42:27 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa80089250b8
Section @ fffffa8008925190
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000106a5
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925100
Section @ fffffa8008925250
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : a5 06 01 00 00 08 10 00 - bd e3 98 00 ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8008925250

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925148
Section @ fffffa80089252d0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : Internal timer (Proc 0 Bank 5)
Address : 0x00003880068fac3b
Misc. : 0x0000000000007fff

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0365f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038a2670
Debug session time: Thu May 2 13:42:27.610 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:10.687
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-of-death-or-black-gaming-screen-of-death-694542.html
Relevancy 64.5%

On a Windows 2000 desktop, all of the shortcuts (have the little arrow in their corners) have grey shortcut boxes with black arrows rather than the white box with black arrows like is normal. The icons themselves are fine, its the Shortcut part that is wrong.

At boot up the Windows logo has a lot of horizontal lines in the image; the Windows 2000 image on the side of the Start menu also has a lot of lines in it.

Spybot removed 32 items which fixed some of the issues (like the covered min/max/close buttons which we had) but not everything. Has anyone seen these issues? Any fix ideas? I'll run HiJack This next time I connect but I'd like a few more options to try before spending time on this issue...

A:W2k: Shortcuts are grey-and-black not white-and-black; Windows logos corrupted

For your shortcuts, try this:

Start>>Run. In Run type "assoc.lnk=lnkfile" (without the quotes), clikc OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-shortcuts-are-grey-and-black-not-white-and-black-windows-logos-corrupted.670339/
Relevancy 64.5%

hey i ve noticed that every time i attempt to download and install a windows xp security update the start button and tool bar bar button, start and menu black tool black updates windows turns black after i restart my pc the background of my programs list accessories system tools list etc also turns black the same thing happens when i try to open any type of desktop window whether they are my documents windows or internet explorer etc the tool bar windows updates and black start menu button, black tool bar on the right vanishes and the borders of all windows turn black tried restarting my pc but no luck if i uninstall the security updates and restart my pc the start button windows updates and black start menu button, black tool bar and windows borders and toolbars return to their usual color does anyone know what my problem is this only happens when i install windows security updates here s a list of my programs ac filter ad-aware se personal bit-tornado clone cd daemon tools ffdshow java j se runtime environment microsoft net framework office xp pc-cillin videolan winrar yahoo messenger zone alarm thanks nbsp

A:windows updates and black start menu button, black tool bar

oh and by the way, i'm using service pack 1, with no genuine validation problems...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-updates-and-black-start-menu-button-black-tool-bar.389871/
Relevancy 64.07%

So yeah starting about two weeks ago my dual monitor setup would just all of a sudden go black they might flash like once or twice and the episode would last for - seconds and then they'd go back to normal I looked online and found no solution but figured it was fine as it didn't interfere too much with my gaming I play Smite by Hi-Rez primarily So tonight I'm Go Monitors restart flash, stay a and Black, black require sometimes sometimes smiting with a friend and we get into Monitors Go Black, sometimes flash, sometimes stay black and require a restart a custom game together I load in and my monitors go black And they stay Monitors Go Black, sometimes flash, sometimes stay black and require a restart black And they say no signal This had only happened a few times before and was usually fixed by a restart so I restarted only to have the same exact thing happen twice more load into game black monitors restart On the last time a few minutes ago actually my primary monitor said quot input not supported quot instead of the usual quot no signal quot This is getting super super super annoying please help right away P S I wasn't entirely sure what category to put this under hope I got it right

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/monitors-go-black-sometimes-flash-sometimes-stay-black-require-restart-278266/
Relevancy 63.64%

I had to switch monitors and video cards both when the old monitor broke black, red, blue displays black text monitor as mix of LED which was working perfectly it was by max resolution This new monitor is p wide screen by The old AMD card was x the new video card is Gt This new Westnghouse Tv - monitor combo an LD has terrible text colors Instead of all black it just randomly throws up colored text If I zoom the screen the text reverts to all black If I zoom out the screen the text goes to a mix of black red blue letters If I do a full zoom LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue out black text looks like a LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue lit up Christmas tree of colors I am using an HDMI cable and Nvidia driver LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue Here is a picture taken with a cell phone If I shared a screen shot you will see normal colors Will getting an DVI to HDMI adapter help The monitor TV only has VGA and HDMI no DVI input If I change from p to i the text color issue is solved but the text is not as sharp

A:LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue

You're sure that the monitor supports 1080p not 1080i? I ask because some TV's only support up to 1080i.

Based on what you've said and are showing us, I think this might be the case. Judging from that picture, that TV does not like 1080p.

Edit:

Although I just checked the model out online and the literature all says 1080p. Is there a setting on the TV that allows you to switch between 1080i and 1080p? Or does it do it automatically?

Edit again:

I just went through the instruction book, and nowhere does it say 1080p. Something you could try is going into the PC settings and adjusting the clock and the phase controls. It may help, or it may only apply to the TV's VGA connector, I don't know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/398352-led-monitor-displays-black-text-mix-red-black-blue.html
Relevancy 62.78%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 62.35%

On a laser color printer why is it imprtant to print text using a black cartridge only.
If black and colour cost the same - what does it matter?

A:black/color inks for black printing

Nothing to do with cost - it gives better quality text. Text which isn't a true, deep black (ie tinged with other colours) just doesn't look very professional. And, in business at least, that matters.

For the same reason, buying a cheap inkjet printer which doesn't use a black cartridge (black is produced by mixing CMY in different amounts - producing a muddy black) is a bad idea if you want crisp-looking black text. Thankfully most new inkjets now have a dedicated black cartridge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-color-inks-for-black-printing.1050069/
Relevancy 62.35%

The line right of the black rectangle with an orange star just below the menu toolbar seems to be a dead area - I mean if I alt-tab to another program's screen when and Black Toolbar on [SOLVED] Black Menu ... I alt-tab back whatever that screen had in the referenced area is still there I have screen shots but don't know how to paste post or attach this window evidently doesn't support the clipboard image format This is similar to a problem posted in Feb by BubbaMac but I am using IE updated today It may not be black on black - it may be nothing on black None of the accessibility options seem to be at fault none are checked Internet [SOLVED] Menu Toolbar Black on Black and ... Options General Colors I changed from x use windows colors to black on gray with no visible effect So I'm at a loss Also I tried the suggestions in KB Article ID to edit HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar without success Also I uninstalled and reinstalled IE Help

A:[SOLVED] Menu Toolbar Black on Black and ...

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please post the screen shots:

How to Attach a file to a post

In your next post click on the little paperclip, as seen in the picture below:
Now you should have a pop up window.Click Browse
Find the file click on it, and press Open.
Press upload. When the upload is complete you can close the Upload Window, and finish typing your reply, then when done just click Submit reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-menu-toolbar-black-on-black-and-565133.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have somehow blundered into a black background for desktop. The print color didn't change (stayed black) so I can only see icons on the desktop. If I click on any icon (i.e. control panel) it opens but I can't see any words or where to click for display settings, just a black screen with little icons. I would settle for reformat but I can't seem to get the HD to agree. The OS is XP Pro. I have tried to boot from other OS cd's and boot disks but it just keeps loading xp pro. It is a used Gateway computer (hey, it was free) and the bios is password protected by previous unknow admin.

So.... the thing works fine except the background is black. Is there any way to reverse back to the white background?

Thanks for any help!

A:black background + black print = only icons

If you are the one that changed the color could you possibly restore the computer to a previous day before this happened?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-background-black-print-only-icons.632054/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a dual monitor set up through HDMI. My laptop works just fine but the second monitor went black during a gaming session and hasn't worked since. I have restarted, verified its on HDMI setting, updated drivers, checked refresh rates.

The Second monitor is still connected. I can move things there (cant see it) because it is black. When I right click and click screen resolution I can see the screen pop up.

I think the color scheme may have changed during the gaming session and that might be the culprit. It was an old game - 2009

I have Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386918-dual-monitor-suddenly-went-black-still-but-all-black.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I've set Chrome to use Google as my home page. I've noticed since the last update that on first loading, I often get a broad black bar along the top of the screen or a black Chrome window. All is fine when I click the Home button and I see the Google page OK. Is this a bug in the last release and is there a fix?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/60346-chrome-loads-black-bar-black-page.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Everyone As the title says about i have a Dell Vostro and im running Windows with a bit It is only years only It started about a month ago I was on my laptop viewing and Black screen. Vostro login screen Dell reach Wont 1520. deleting some unwanted photos i had A few minutes later Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen i realized that i deleted a photo that i wanted So i went to the recycling bin and restored that photo When i went back to my photos and went into the album it said something like i do no have permission to access this folder Please press continue to get full permission I clicked continue and i got the access i should have Now i tried many more random folders and the same Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen thing happened Also when i came Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen out of the folders the folders had a big pad lock sign on the front of it After that i shut down the laptop and went to turn it back on The laptop will power on like normal I can press f for the boot options which i have already tried many times I also tried it in safe mode and what-not but still nothing I can hear the fan and stuff spinning up like normal I have also put and CD into the CD ROM and that spins up fine So after the Dell logo on the screen it goes black and stays that way with the cursor You can move the cursor around no problem I should also add that the battery light is and has been flashing for a good wile Its flashing orange and blue I m wondering if this has anything to do with the battery Because my laptop will not charge with the AC adapter in it for many months now It will only stay powered on with the AC adapter plugged in One more thing The LED lights over the buttons None of the are flashing besides one on the far left And i cant find out anywhere what this LED light stands for It looks like a battery to me Any advice would be so great The way it is now i don t care about the laptop I really want to hope i can save my pictures and videos i have on there nbsp

A:Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Since its a laptop the harddrive is easy to pull out and remove.If you have or can get a usb sata/ide connector hook the drive to that and then to another computer if you have one so you can save all of your important data like pix, music, etc.The laptop battery is going to have to be replaced since its no longer charging properly.It sounds like there might be a short somewhere or a power supply problem along with a bad battery.Or possibly something might be wrong with the screen or video or graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-black-screen-wont-reach-login-screen.1031342/
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay here's a little background information Bought my PC in Have had to replace video cards since i've bought it One was replaced under warranty the other I bought Since I purchased my PC the only parts splash mode. safe screen acces Black Unable Windows to screen. after I have replaced are My video card cards later i'm on my most recent one EVGA Nvidia GT http www evga com articles asp I also upgraded my PSU to an Enermax Pro w http www directron com epr awt html OS Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P BW-LA http h www hp com ewfrf wc d name c I mainly use my Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. computer for gaming after my first video card died i was sent a beefier card http reviews cnet com graphics-car tag mncol lst after that my PC was no longer under warranty so I had to buy my next cards my self My problem I Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. left my computer on while making some food I had world of warcraft opened When I finished making food I got back to my computer and moved my mouse to get it out of sleep mode I run a dual display set up once my monitors loaded up one of the screens was pure white and the other screen was black I was forced to hold the power button down to turn off my PC From there Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. on out everytime I boot my computer up I get my PC's loading screen which i'm able to acces BIOS or system restore after my PC's loading screen I get the windows splash screen after that my monitor is pure black The PC is still on and running but there's no display I plugged my monitor into my onboard and enabled it through BIOS same thing I originally thought this was a video card problem but after going through my onboard i realized this isn't the case Anytime i try to run windows normally the black screen happens wether its through my video card or through my onboard So my next idea was to start in safe mode Unfortunatley that doesn't work either It loads up all my system drivers then stops after windows system giveio sys Could this be an OS problem Maybe my mobo is shot and that's why i've been burning video cards cards in years is a little ridiculous Should I reformat Should I replace my mobo Please help Heres my PC's exact specs keep in mind i replaced my video card and PSU as mentioned before in this post http h www hp com ewfrf wc p roduct Please help me money is tight and I can't afford to be guessing and replacing parts thank you Joseph

A:Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode.

bump, please help :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen-unable-to-acces-safe-mode-383474.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I am having several problems with my computer wondering if I am infected with something First noticed the computer running slowly Then began freezing all the time Then noticed that when I switch to a new internet page at times I notice a small black screen that will pop-up or flash on the page but only for a second almost like you'd get on a quot run command quot type scrren if that makes sense Also I keep getting a security options failure It seems this only comes after the computer freezes and I try to hit alt control delete to bring up task manager I have tried to run Norton Anti-virus and spybot I've used CCleaner to remove unnecessary files clean The virus software finds in popping Infected? black screen and background, freezing Blue up slow screen, nothing unusual usually some cookies with tracking but no virus Any ideas Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC hp support hpsysdrv exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Windows System wpcumi exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC hp kbd kbd exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system sdclt exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar ... Read more

A:Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250782/infected-blue-screen-black-screen-popping-up-in-background-freezing-and-slow/
Relevancy 61.06%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 61.06%

HI I was being helped by Quads on the norton community I know he helps out here too Quads was helping me but I screwed up thought I was helping to save time yes I know I saved you alot of time now but I did not starting Freezing, and when screen computer the redirect search black Screen engine follow complete instructions This is what was done so far OTL scan was run adwcleaner was run had adwcleaner delete Screen Freezing, search engine redirect and black screen when starting the computer all and reboot ran combofix when computer was rebooting it got stuck on the black screen for about an hour Had to restart it again and when it did it restored to a previous date This is where I screwed up Since it was a previous date it seemed like nothing had taken place no downloads on the desktop Ran the otl scan again adwcleaner again log looked the same as first time so I deleted all again Ran combofix and rebooted and it gave me a log That is where I am stuck I dont know whether to leave these downloads on the computer delete them I dont think that Quads is going to help me anymore since I messed up so I was wondering if anyone else could help I just really want to finish what was started The computer was stuck on the black screen this morning and finally got it restarted after about times But I do think there is some kind of virus Still have adwcleaner and combofix downloaded on the computer Dont know if I should delete them or what Thanks Kim

A:Screen Freezing, search engine redirect and black screen when starting the computer

Read the guide here on preparing logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

and create a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472849/screen-freezing-search-engine-redirect-and-black-screen-when-starting-the-computer/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I have been having this problem since a week or so. Broni has helped me in malware forum to rule out malware as responsible. My machine is clean and I was refered here for further help.

Here is my problem:

At boot-time, I see windows XP load screen with the progress bar, the progress bar advances to the end and then, the screen turns pitch black and all is see is an arrow cursor I can move around. I thought until yesterday that this was a permanent freeze-up, but if I wait, say, 6 minutes, the black screen disappears and windows then starts normally.

Last week, problem was intermittent, it now happens all the time.

Windows boot-up was fine before.

Please help me.

A:Windows load screen at boot, looong black screen, then normal startup

I had this tons of times with my old XP PC. It is normal if you have a lot of files on the HDD and you have little RAM. How much RAM do you have? What is the capacity of the HDD? And do you have the Windows XP disc? Would you be willing to upgrade the RAM and/or the OS if we must resort to that? Or would you rather just buy a new PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-load-screen-at-boot-looong-black-screen-then-normal-startup.191868/
Relevancy 61.06%

Start up then screen goes black before I even get chance to log in. If I shine a torch on the screen I can see it is working but impossible to do anything.

I think it needs some new part(s) installed to fix this (I think).
I know it's an old no longer supported system but I use it to run the TV guide, play some language cd's I have installed & Google some info.

I think 1 item is n inverter ?

Thanks 4 any help

A:Inspiron 8600 running xp black screen but torch shone on screen & can vaguely see

It could be the inverter - particuarly if the failure was sudden.  It could also be the backlight bulb itself, meaning a replacement screen is needed. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982657
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello everybody today my laptop has become blind Let me explain My laptop was purchased in Specs Alienware screen windows logs startup black. stays on screen, but Garbled m Dual nvidia go Dual core gigs of ram gb harddrive So here's what happened today I Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. was watch s movie on netflix when suddenly my screen goes black Though I had crashed but my laptop was still on and the sound was still going restarted and the initial screen was slightly pixellated and garbled Which has now made my Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. laptop permanent garbled and pixely After the windows logo My screen goes black but I am still hear the windows start up sound Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. I found that I am able to click on some music files on my desktop that are able to play so this is a video issue I reboot in safe mode which works this time figure to disable and uninstall the videocard drivers I restart and I'm able to use my pc somewhat normally still garbled Reinstalled the nvidia drivers then halfway through says error install failed or something it happen really fast then crashed tried restarting atleast times in safe mode but it freezes up after it tries to load partition windows system drivers mup sys All of the other options for start up even last settings to work the screen goes black after the windows logo I have tried tinkering with the bios but it doesn't help Its basically being blind using a computer So I'm wondering if there is anyway to possibly blindly open up command prompt and possibly disable or uninstall the drivers from there I'm about sure that the drivers are just corrupt because they were not able to finish and removing them would do the trick I know this is kinda long but I would greatly appreciate any help or input Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/garbled-startup-screen-windows-logs-on-but-screen-stays-black-565214.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 61.06%

? OS - Windows 7 SP1
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 8
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Retail Version
? Age of system (hardware) 4 months
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 1 week

? CPU Core i5-3330
? Video Card Nvidia GT 620
? MotherBoard
? Power Supply - brand & wattage 300w

? System Manufacturer Dell
? Exact model number: Inspiron 660
Added Samsung 830 128gb SSD + 3TG Seagate in replaced of the original 2TB Seagate HDD.

I have tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers, currently use the older version 310.90
Previously used 314.22.

A:[SOLVED] I get black screen after coming back from screen saver/idle

The following may be helpful when reading the remainder of this post:Beta and Legacy Drivers | GeForce
Quote:

NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Advanced Driver Search

Product Type: GeForce
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Product Series: GeForce 600 Series
Language:
Product: GeForce GT 620
Recommended/Beta: Recommended/Certified

Search

Code:
Name Version Release Date
GeForce 314.22 Driver WHQL 314.22 March 25, 2013
GeForce 314.07 Driver WHQL 314.07 February 18, 2013
GeForce 310.90 Driver WHQL 310.90 January 5, 2013
GeForce 310.70 Driver WHQL 310.70 December 17, 2012
GeForce 306.97 Driver WHQL 306.97 October 10, 2012
GeForce 306.23 Driver WHQL 306.23 September 13, 2012
GeForce 301.42 Driver WHQL 301.42 May 22, 2012

BugCheck 0x117
These crashes are DirectX/graphics card related. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run a system file check to check Windows for corruption: Click Start Menu
Click All Programs
Click Accessories
Right click Command Prompt
Click Run as administrator
Type
Code:
sfc /scannow
and press Enter
Once it is complete, make note of the message. If it says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and post back
If the message does not say Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and do steps 1-6 again.
You may need to do steps 1-6 up to three times with a restart in between each run to resolve all corrupted files.
If you still have corrupted files after a fourth run, post back here with the following:Click Start Menu
Click Computer
Open your C: drive
Open Windows
Open Logs
Open CBS
Copy and paste CBS.log or CBS (it may not have the log extension) to a location you will remember.
Compress (zip) the CBS file and attach the .zip file to your next post.

Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For NVIDIA:Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

For AMD:Uninstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager if it is listed (this should remove all AMD graphics software and drivers)
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers (this applies to onboard graphics, as well):Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-i-get-black-screen-after-coming-back-from-screen-saver-idle-693502.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When I start windows normally, it get color distortion like this http://puu.sh/NXuz
And then it black screens. In safe mode everything is okay. The things that use same resources http://puu.sh/NXtn
Here is cbs log ( i can't read it)
http://www.mediafire.com/?6hrb8t0qhkdmbbr

Thanks for any help
I repeat, in safe mode it works normal, so i suspect driver clash.

A:Windows 7 Colors distortion and black screen upon welcome screen (pictures and logs)

Update or reinstall the video drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-colors-distortion-and-black-screen-upon-welcome-screen-pictures-and-logs.1063554/
Relevancy 61.06%

My friend has a dell inspiron laptop which came with windows 8 in it. he has recently updated it to Windows 8.1 and  after restarting it , then onwards problem started where in only black screen appears. Cursor shows up after waiting a long long time,
but waiting even for hours for windows logo it never showed up. Please tell me some solution

He does not have any recovery discs, no windows os file. Now tell me a solution without these things needed.
Model: inspiron 15R7520

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ba4a5ff-304a-482e-9374-ead326a38448/display-just-shows-black-screen-after-showing-the-dell-logo-screen?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I've been working on a dell inspiron 1525 today and cant figure what is causing this problem.

The laptop boots, displays the post screen, and then the screen goes black.
You can boot into BIOS,
You can boot into the Boot menu.

You cannot boot into safe mode, the f8 key does nothing,
when using the boot menu, u can't boot into a windows disc to reload the operating system, it just goes black.
I did however manage to boot into a linux cd i have and run a HDD test (what passed) and a memory test (what also passed).

It does exactly the same on an external monitor aswell so I am lost with this one.

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1525 - Screen goes black after POST screen?

Which OS is on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dell-inspiron-1525-screen-goes-black-after-post-screen-642561.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Malware attack from Ukash screen block UK Police Ran AVG in safe mode and screen block was quarantined In normal mode I emptied AVG virus vault stupid and was reinfected Ran AVG again safe mode quarantined from recycle bin All seemed ok and locked screen was disabled in normal mode Not Black Screen UKash Windows Screen in Resulted Authentic Block but repeat scans to check for remnants kept getting stuck MBAM ran for hours overnight and didn't complete as frozen forced restart On restart black screen with Windows Build The copy of Windows is not genuine No toolbar start menu or UKash Screen Block Resulted in Black Screen Windows Not Authentic other functionality in normal mode Ran HitmanPro in safe mode cookies found and advised that v fo dat is missing No virus found Ran Avast in safe UKash Screen Block Resulted in Black Screen Windows Not Authentic mode wouldn't complete but said a threat was found Froze PC Both now removed leaving just AVG my paid provider active Sony Vaio laptop preintstalled with Windows Have key but not disc Run and update AVG daily Hoping someone can please help me DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Nicky at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uSearch Bar Preserve BHO ContributeBHO Class C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll BHO AVG Do Not Track EEF-CB F- F-AFEB-D E A B BA - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgdtiex dll BHO AVG Safe Search CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO CIESpeechBHO Class D F C - E - BD - - AC FDF - C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite IEPlugIn dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Adobe PDF -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB Google Toolbar C B - - D - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB Adobe PDF -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB Contribute Toolbar BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll TB Bing Bar dcb -df - - - fa b f - TB Google Toolbar C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll EB Adobe PDF EC BE- - C -A -BEB D A B - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll ... Read more

A:UKash Screen Block Resulted in Black Screen Windows Not Authentic

Hi NickyJane,

We'll start with ComboFix. If it doesn't take care of the remaining issues, AVG may have caused more problems than if it had left it alone.

Download ComboFix from here

* IMPORTANT- Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

====================================================

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications as they will interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to our sticky topic How to disable your security applications

====================================================

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

I will return this evening - we'll continue then.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/ukash-screen-block-resulted-in-black-screen-windows-not-authentic-702752.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I am encountering an issue of when the Dell optiplex 755 boots up, it boots through the Windows XP logo just fine, once it tries to transition between the logo and loading the system up, it just shows a black screen and nothing else happens. I tried using a bootable Windows XP flash drive to repair the system files and it loads the Windows XP setup ok but when it runs through all of the commands on the bottom of the screen and the last one says "Starting Windows" , it takes me to a blue screen (screenshot below). I have HIRENS and have done a lot of the chkdsk commands to fix the files and everything comes back ok. I tried to clone the hard drive with the same exact hard drive and still the same issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Windows XP gets past the logo screen and then turns the screen black/bluescreen

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN130053/EN#Error , scroll down to section on STOP 7B errors.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586463/windows-xp-gets-past-the-logo-screen-and-then-turns-the-screen-blackbluescreen/
Relevancy 61.06%

my screen stays black and shows the mouse icon and won't load my home screen?

A:my home screen won't load up my screen stays black and shows the mouse

Hello,

Try booting the PC into Safe Mode. Start your computer in safe mode

If successfully able to boot into Safe Mode try running a System Restore back to a date when it was working properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-home-screen-wont-load-up-my-screen-stays-black-and-shows-the-mouse-684158.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

Relevancy 61.06%

When I turn on my computer all I get is a black screen with the flashing cursor up in the left corner of the screen. Any ideas as to how to correct this? I have a Dell from he'll computer-- inspiron E1505 about 8 years old and just had windows 7 home edition installed on it

A:Black screen with flashing cursor in upper left corner of screen

Hey I just went through something very similar. I found that my SATA cable connecting the hard drive to the motherboard had failed. I replaced it with a new SATA cable, and it booted right up. Try the cable first if you have one lying around, plus its a cheap solution. If you replace the cable and it still won't boot up, it might be your hard drive. Seeing as how your machine is that old, it could fail at any time.

Do you get anything on the screen when you turn it on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-flashing-cursor-in-upper-left-corner-of-screen-602916.html
Relevancy 61.06%

hi my laptop screen is set to turn off after 5 mins, when it does i cannot wake it, no matter what buttons i push or using my mouse. this black screen also happens when i restart my computer, it logs me off the the screen goes black and computer power lights are still on and it does nothing HELP! haha thanks

Nathan

A:laptop screen goes black when i restart, and screen wont wake up after it turns off

Boot the computer and press F8 in the Advanced Boot menu choose Last Known Good Configuration.
What is the make and model# of the computer? Go to the manufactures support/download drivers site and download the Chipset and the Video driver for the computer.
Go to Start/Search and type powercfg.cpl. Right click the powercfg results and Run As Administrator. Click Change Plan Settings/change Advanced power settings. Reset your power settings to your liking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-goes-black-when-i-restart-and-screen-wont-wake-up-after-it-turns-off-698507.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey guys I was installing kali from a usb drive, when it was partitioning the drive it crashed... So I turned off my lenovo g570 4334 laptop, pulled out the usb drive and booted my laptop up normally..... It loaded the lenovo screen, with the options to access bios, then loaded a black screen with a blinking underscore.... I can't do anything at all except from the bios.... I've been searching for hours, Microsoft support for 2 hours straight... And now I just feel like crying.... Please help me!

A:Urgent! Win7 will not load after lenovo boot screen, black screen

How to run chkdsk and System File Checker (SFC) from the Recovery Console Boot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD
When you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter
At the "Install Windows" screen, click on Repair your computer at lower left
At the System Recovery Options screen, make note of the drive letter assigned to your boot drive (normally C and click Next
At the Chose a Recovery Tool window, click on Command Prompt. You will be sitting at X:\Sources directory
Run chkdsk first then SFC
If you did not note the drive letter of your boot disk, you can enter bcdedit and look at the osdevice line to see what it is.
For chkdsk, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter (use the letter from above if not C.
For sfc, type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows and press Enter (use the letter from above)
Let either run to completion undisturbed.

Vista or Windows 7:

If you don't have a install DVD, you can download a legal copy here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links
Windows Vista Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have installed: 32 or 64 bit; Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323488-urgent-win7-will-not-load-after-lenovo-boot-screen-black-screen.html