Windows Support Forum

Music and pictures corrupt

Q: Music and pictures corrupt

I pictures corrupt Music and will try to explain as well as I Music and pictures corrupt can My friend has been having some slight computer problems lately so I went over to take a look The first problem that the screen would get a lot of jibberish on it Pixels or what ever I tried Music and pictures corrupt a new cable and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and Music and pictures corrupt no go I installed a new driver and the same Finally I tried a new video card and it worked great That is just the first of the problem I then noticed that one of his hdd on his raid had gone bad so I took it out and got it replaced In the meantime when I restarted his computer it did a disc check and did some things I had never seen before but it completed the check on the good disc All seemed to be working well until a few days ago he said that his music was doing crazy things so I went over to take another look I played a song and it would start in the middle of the song and play a whole nother song I would play Queen and Celine would come on but it would start in the middle of one of her songs Not all the songs are like that though We never did count but I would venture to say at least half are still good I then just out of curiosity went to his pictures and they also had problems A couple of them would show up and the others would not They still showed they had mb or mb in each folder for the pictures but nothing would show up He mentioned something about some power surges but he is proteced with a battery backup ups from APC What does it sound like to you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Music and pictures corrupt

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Music and pictures corrupt

Sounds like a failing hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-and-pictures-corrupt.116575/
Relevancy 79.12%

I will try to explain as well as I can My friend has been having some slight computer problems lately so I went and corrupt. pictures Music over to take a look The first problem that the screen would get a lot of jibberish on it Pixels or what ever I tried a new cable and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and no go I installed a new driver and the same Finally I tried a new video card and it worked great That is just the first of the problem I then noticed that one of his hdd on his raid had gone bad so I took it out and got it replaced In the meantime when I restarted his computer it did a disc check and did some things I had never Music and pictures corrupt. seen before but it completed the check on the good disc All seemed to be working well until a few days ago he said that his music was doing crazy things so I went over to take another look I played a song and it would start in the middle of the song and play a whole nother song I would play Queen and Celine would come on but it would start in the middle of one of her songs Not all the songs are like that though We never did count but I would venture to say at least half are still good I then just out of curiosity went to his pictures and they also had problems A couple of them would show up and the others would not They still showed they had mb or mb in each folder for the pictures but nothing would show up He mentioned something about some power surges but he is proteced with a battery backup ups from APC What does it sound like to you nbsp

A:Music and pictures corrupt.

What format are the photos? And the music? What are using to play the music (WINamp, Windows Media Player)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-and-pictures-corrupt.773416/
Relevancy 61.49%

I was playing music from WMP and all of a sudden it stopped playing. I went back over to restart the music and there was nothing in my library. I went to My Music folder and there's nothing there.... check My Pictures same thing. I've been all over the internet for a couple hours and haven't found anything that references this same problem.

I ran a search for *.mp and all of my music files are still in the My Music folder. I right clicked on one of them went to properties and the check box for hidden is NOT checked.

I'm running several anti virus checks right now, if anyone has any idea on what this is please let me know.

A:All Music and Pictures missing from My Music / My Pictures

Welcome to TSG.
If the files are still there after a search, you probably have a virus,
Did you also check your sound card if it still works?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-music-and-pictures-missing-from-my-music-my-pictures.988101/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have Windows 7 Home and when I go to Pictures all my Music files are in there as well.They are, as normal, in Music, which means I have got 14gb of Music files in there twice. This has happened fairly recently and I have not installed any music files since I bought the computer and put them in there about six months ago. I tried deleting them, one folder at a time from Pictures, unfortunately it removed some folders from both Pictures and Music, and others deleted normally. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

A:Music files appearing on Pictures as well as Music.

Panic over. I stumbled across the answer.
Start/Right click Pictures/Left click Properties/highlight unwanted folders.Left click remove.
I still don't know how it selected Include in the first place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-files-appearing-on-pictures-as-well-as-music.937082/
Relevancy 53.75%

Is there any way to permanently get rid of the My Music/My Pictures folders that always show up in My Documents?

A:getting rid of My Music & My Pictures

WarmCurb said:

Is there any way to permanently get rid of the My Music/My Pictures folders that always show up in My Documents?Click to expand...

mm/mp right click on the folder/delete.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-rid-of-my-music-my-pictures.262391/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi!
I don't know when this happened but I noticed it just the other day...
Some of my pictures and music are missing...

(A month ago, I was trying to rearrange some folders and clean c disc, so I moved pictures and some of my music to d disc.)

The folders are still there but pictures r not. Same with music.
I've managed to find pictures with TuneUp program but now I can't remember how to do this with music...

I also noticed that I have music which was stored on c disk but nothing on d disc.

Can you help me find my music?

A:Some pictures and music gone

Hey, you could have deleted the files, you could try using a program like Free Undelete to "undelete" the files:

http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/some-pictures-and-music-gone-256107.html
Relevancy 53.75%

once I have the pictures on my disc how do I add music

A:How to add music to pictures

There are a number of programs that will allow you to create picture slide shows with music. Both Nero and Roxio (the big two CD burning packages) do this as well as many stand alone programs like PictureToTV or DVD Photo Slideshow. All theses will make disc compatable with standard DVD players.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-add-music-to-pictures.825381/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm trying to add music to a slideshow of pics on a dvd, but I don't know how. Do I need special software, or does anybody know how to do it?

A:How do I put music and pictures on a cd/dvd?

Hi Mrs. Wambo, and welcome to TSG.

Did you create the slide show that is on the DVD? If so, does the software you used give you the option to add music and make a new slide show DVD?

If you did not create the slide show, did your DVD burner come bundled with any kind video editing / DVD authoring software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-music-and-pictures-on-a-cd-dvd.541913/
Relevancy 53.32%

My daughter is graduating from high school in may. for her graduation party I want to make a mini movie using pictures put to music. I am trying to find a program that i can use , buy. I want to show the dvd at the party. Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 53.32%

There are files on the DVD one is called AUDIO TS and the other is called copy? music with - to DVD How set to pictures VIDEO TS if that helps anything I have tried copying them but unsuccessfully I don't know what program created them and I'm sort of lost really I fumble my way through most DVD with pictures set to music - How to copy? everything but DVD playing ripping etc is always a problem for me anyway I have a DVD whats the difference between CD and DVD and how do I tell which it is that is very special It has pictures of my aunt who is deceased and I don't want it to be lost or damaged so I want DVD with pictures set to music - How to copy? to upload it to my dropbox storage and my skydrive and would like to post it on facebook but other than play it I'm unable to figure this out Can somebody help me please I've been meaning to do this forever and I'd rather do this now than kick myself later when something happens I lose the CD or it gets damaged This media is very special to me so I really do want to protect it Does it make a difference how it was recorded I don't know what software was used to make it Is there a way to find out Thanks a whole lot for helping

A:DVD with pictures set to music - How to copy?

anyway I have a DVD (whats the difference between CD and DVD and how do I tell which it is)? that is very special.

The only difference is their capacity to handle media storage. Standard CD-R - 700 MB | DVD-R - 4.7 GB depending on the disc media manufacturers http://www.osta.org/technology/dvdqa/dvdqa6.htm
I fumble my way through most everything but DVD playing/ripping, etc. is always a problem for me.

Most media burning programs have online tutorials and features that support different most media formats while some are dedicated to specific burning, converting and media file reading.

There are 2 files on the DVD one is called AUDIO_TS
and the other is called VIDEO_TS if that helps anything.

I have tried copying them but unsuccessfully.   I don't know what program created them and I'm sort of lost really.

The file is a VCD/DVD output file. The VIDEO_TS when using the (DVD/VCD) burning feature of a media software are the only files needed or recognized when a prompt location box opens assuming that the files are saved on your hard drive. To copy/backup your discs is also another option depending on what media software you are using. If the file is a DATA burned disc usually file contents mixed up with pictures, music, movies on folders are the same with how to copy/paste files on your hard drive on a different destination storage.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520563/dvd-with-pictures-set-to-music-how-to-copy/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello.
I am new to the forum & windows 7. It is only my preferance, but I would like to ask the forum if it is possible to change the way that the folders are displayed in my music & my Pictures.
When you open them in Windows 7. the folders are displayed as though you are looking at an open folder, and when you customise them with your own picture icon, these are not clearly visable. Can you change the folders to the same as they were in Windows XP. I.E When you open these options, you see a plain front view of a folder, and when you customise them you own icons are clearly visable.
Thanks to all who reply.

A:My music & my pictures folders

User Folders - Change Default Icon

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/67694-my-music-my-pictures-folders.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi. I just observed that if you install a software, sometimes they will create a "My Folder" (If you install DivX, you get a My Videos, if you install MS Visio, you get a My Shapes folder.) When you log onto a different user account and browsed all your way to a different user account directory, you'll notice that the My will all be changed into the name of the user account that owns it.
So much a background. My question is does anybody knows how to create a "My" folder manually?

A:My Documents, My Pictures, My Music

Set the folder read only (must be done using the attrib command in a Command Prompt)
Create a desktop.ini file in the folder. Use the one in My Documents as a guide.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-documents-my-pictures-my-music-464154.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am using a Gateway GT5464 With Windows Vista Home Premium. Last week I ended up having to do a system restore back to factory settings. It asked me if I wanted to backup everything in a seperate place in the hard drive so I did. Now I got the pc back up and running like brand new, but I would like to get my pics, music, and pdf docs. back. I cant figure out where there at. I have the same amount of space in the hard drive and the recovery center as I did before I did the system restore. I ran a scan disk while I was in the prosses of getting everything up and running again and the scan disk found everything but I cant. I've also tried the regedit I cant understand it though. Any Help would be appreicied

A:How can I get my music and pictures back

START > Search > type in a file name

Still having problems? You might try this freeware to search for where the files might be hidden...
http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-get-my-music-and-pictures-back-437196.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm not sure if this would be the right place to post this and if it's not, I'm sorry, but...

I'm getting a new computer, and I'd like to transfer all of my music and pictures from this one to the new one. I was thinking a flash drive, but I've heard they have problems with reading/writing the information. One of my friends also told me to just upload all of it, but I just found out not long ago that I can't make zip files because of the lack of space, and even if I could, I don't think my computer would function right and actually finish uploading them. So I've basically run out of options, if there's any programs or something that could do this, I'd be grateful if you let me know.
thank you.

A:Transferring Music/pictures To A New Pc

When you a usb connection on your PC take a memorystick they costs about USD. 25 for 1 GB

If you have a CD/DVD writer burn everything on media which is the cheap[er solution. Uploading will take ages on the internet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76015/transferring-musicpictures-to-a-new-pc/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all. I am brand new to this site and probably would have never found it except I have been searching for hours on the internet for a solution to my problem. Here it is. I have a digital photo frame (about 3 years old) and have photos in them. I moved and this got packed away. I found it today, plugged it in, and then had a heart attack. About 75% of the photos are damaged. Don't know why. There are no other copies of these photos. Most are messed up like you will see at the bottom of this post and some are half greyed out or more. Please help me. These are pictures of my little boy and I despretely want them fixed. If there is anything anyone can do I won't be able to thank you enough.

Relevancy 52.89%

My original post is here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page p fromsearch entry Hello I m not exactly sure After Recovery Music & Reinstall / Pictures what happened in what order to be honest My pictures were missing first then my music I originally I Music & Pictures Recovery / After Reinstall think anyway ran avast and it removed several registry errors and that is when I began to notice more problems It also found several trojans and I now remember win hupigon exe specifically but there were more My folders for my music and pictures were there but empty I explained Music & Pictures Recovery / After Reinstall this to an IT guy who was kind enough to help me who did a reinstall Music & Pictures Recovery / After Reinstall of XP backing up user data and information stored on the c drive to the D drive not realizing the folders were still empty After doing some preliminary scans with AVG and adding the scans for locked password protected or encrypted files and there were approx locked or password protected files pasted report below could the files be in a possibly locked or password protected file I tried unhide exe and it didn t bring back my folders I have tried anti-filefix which will run until it comes to a file called C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG chjwlbol fd avgchff dat file is in use by another program no changes have been made I have downloaded recuva but I am unsure how I should of how I should go about restoring the data and obtaining the best results Please for give my ignorance with computers and horrible memory of the event order Any advice you can give will be appreciated Scan quot quot Whole computer scan quot quot completed quot quot Information quot quot quot quot Folders selected for scanning quot quot Whole computer scan quot quot Scan started quot quot Monday March AM quot quot Scan finished quot quot Monday March AM minute s second s quot quot Total object scanned quot quot quot quot User who launched the scan quot quot Danielle Mullis quot quot Information quot quot quot quot File quot quot Information quot quot Result quot quot quot quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG IDS config userList zip quot quot Password-protected quot quot quot quot quot quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG IDS config quarantinedList zip quot quot Password-protected quot quot quot quot quot quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG IDS config md Cache dat quot quot Password-protected quot quot quot quot quot quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG IDS config internalList zip quot quot Password-protected quot quot quot quot quot quot D System Volume Information quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot D ada fab af eff d a a i quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot D ada fab af eff d a a amd quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C WINDOWS system config system quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C WINDOWS system config software quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C WINDOWS system config SECURITY quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C WINDOWS system config SAM quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C WINDOWS system config default quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C System Volume Information quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C pagefile sys quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C Documents and Settings NetworkService NTUSER DAT quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C ... Read more

A:Music & Pictures Recovery / After Reinstall

Please continue to pursue your open malware topic. Your Helper is very competent and can address any issues you may have.Basic forum procedure calls for resolution of all posted Malware Removal Log topics...before a member can/should initiate a topic in another forum. This is done to prevent instructions which work at cross-purposes and result in confusion and unnecessary effort which defeats all attempts to resolve problems.If you have any questions about this, please contact your Helper via PM or contact me via PM.To prevent confusion, this topic is now closed.LouisTopic reopened, malware topic closed yesterday.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445121/music-pictures-recovery-after-reinstall/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have recently been getting .event files of size 0 KB appearing in each sub-directory that is in My Music and My Picture directories. I am using Windows XP and Microsoft Securities Essential for my anti-virus. When I do a search for all .event files they are not found, but they do exist.

Any help at deleting this files and preventing their creation would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-files-in-my-music-and-my-pictures.971611/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I installed Windows updates last night, and after the updates installed, my music, pictures, and several desktop icons disappeared. At first, whenever I tried to open the Control Panel, this message popped up:

::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}
The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.

When I tried to open anything else, the same message popped up, but without the numbers and letters over "The remote procedure call failed and did not execute." I ran sfc /scannow, which fixed this problem. I can now open programs, but my music and pictures were not restored.

I ran several malware scans, and my system is clean. I also tried to do a system restore, but there are no restore points available. Is there any way to restore the missing files?

A:Music and pictures missing after updates

G'day googlepelx4, and Welcome to BC

Were any of the pics named......with a name that you can remember ?

Can you remember the names of some of the music...?

If so....install EVERYTHING  

After installation, allow it to scan....(it is quite quick)

Then type in the name of a pic or piece of music

Result ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607903/music-and-pictures-missing-after-updates/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi All

Because I tried to restore data from my previous installation, I did an error.

In my user folder musics and pictures forlders exist, but shortcuts to both folders don't work now... Icons are visible but when I click on them, nothing appends...

How can I fix theses problems ?

Best regards

Jerome

PS : great forums. Congratulation to the founders and the team.

A:folders of music and pictures deleted

Hello Jerome, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Not sure exactly what you have done, but you might double check to make sure that the Music and Pictures folder have their default location set to them using OPTION THREE in the tutorial below to see if that may help if they did not.

Personal User Folder - Restore Missing Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218207-folders-music-pictures-deleted.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I used to always get a little box asking what I wanted to do when I put in either a music or picture cd.....the box has things such as copy pictures to computer, start a slide show, etc.....I insert the cd and there is no box....????? I highlight the drive....( H, my plug in drive with all my pictures and cd's) and go to file, properties, auto play and the box that usually shows is there....now, how do I get that box to pop up on my screen whenever I insert a cd??????? the music and picture cd works...I hear music and see pictures, I would just like this box to appear and ask me what I want to do....??????? help someone...

A:XP Box dosen't show when I put in music/pictures

I just want to bump this question up to see if someone could help me with this...Mug

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-box-dosent-show-when-i-put-in-music-pictures.479159/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I had all my music in my music folder, and all my pictures in my pictures folder. Today I noticed that all my music was in both music and pictures folders, and when deleted from one folder, is deleted from both. How do I fix this?

I saw a similar post on here, but the directions were confusing as * and not what I was trying to do in the end anyhow. So how can this be fixed? It seems like the music is being shared in the pictures folder. How do I get to an option where I can un-check this option?

Thanks, Cam

A:Music and Pictures folders - messed up

Just realized this is the wrong category lol

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125884-music-pictures-folders-messed-up.html
Relevancy 52.89%

How do you rename the 'My Music' and 'my pictures' folders in XP?

I don't know what happened but 'my music' and 'my pictures' folders somehow got renamed to '%s's music' and '%s's pictures'
and now nothing will work with it e.g. itunes.

When I right click there is no 'rename' option?
Thanks...

A:How do you rename the 'My Music' and 'my pictures' folders in XP?

You might want to run virus/maleware scans .Also, go here,http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232512/how-do-you-rename-the-my-music-and-my-pictures-folders-in-xp/
Relevancy 52.89%

for some reason a lot of my picture folders and music folders will not show there contents but when i right click on the folder and go to properties it says there is files in there and shows how much space they are using but there just not there? any one know what is going on? i have a lot of pictures and music i don't want to loose. i attached a picture showing one of the folders and the properties next to it showing there is pictures in the folder but i just cannot see them.
there is also a bunch of pictures on my desktop i cannot see but they are there because if i try to put the same picture back on my desktop it says the file already exists would you like to over write it.

Thanks for any help!
tek9

windows XP media center edition

A:pictures and music invisible in folders

hello and welcome to the forum.

Do they appear if you do this:

Show Hidden Files And Folders
Click Start
Click My Computer
On the menu bar click on Tools, and then Folder Options.
Click on the tab View
Underneath Show Hidden files and folders select Show Hidden files and folders
Untick Hide protected operating system files (recommended)
Click Apply, then Ok

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pictures-and-music-invisible-in-folders-565170.html
Relevancy 52.89%

HI,

I used Combofix but when i used it i came across problems such as blue screen shutdowns and the computer freezing, thinking it was cos of the viruses/malware or anything like that on my computer i re ran combofix 3/4 times (between the tries the problems occured)

now i've lost all my pictures and music not sure if i lost anything else atm. can someone help me please!!!

Good Luck and Thanks,

MrGreen18

A:i used Combofix and it deleted all my pictures and music...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/558895 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558895/i-used-combofix-and-it-deleted-all-my-pictures-and-music/
Relevancy 52.89%

Okay this isn t a big issue but more of a curiousity I have a new computer at work running XP pro No My in Music Pictures and start My menu?? version with sp If I click on the start menu there is no My Pictures and My Music I went through the setting for the start menu and can see my pictures and music and can set to display but the machine doesn t display the locations in the start menu Also I can go to explore and in my documents there is an entry for My videos but no entry for My Pictures and My Music This is not a huge deal as I can add folders No My Music and My Pictures in start menu?? for each but I would like to know why they are not there to start with I have had two other machines at work and both had the listings Is it just big brother trying to keep me working If so why leave My Videos Or is it something I am missing Start menu is not in classic mode nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

It's a Casio/Cassiopeia Palm pilot
Has a 32MB SANDISK compact flash card and
a Thing that lets the card in it that plugs to my CPU's
USB port.

A:Can't get music or pictures on to Palm Pilot

The thing lets me put stuff on the card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-music-or-pictures-on-to-palm-pilot.386910/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Lenovo w thinkpad running windows vista All my problems begin when I tried to uninstall an internet filtering program called Optenet The only Gone Music, All Pictures) Files(Documents, problem is it required a password to uninstall that All Files(Documents, Music, Pictures) Gone I had long since forgotten so I tried to get around this by using a All Files(Documents, Music, Pictures) Gone program called revo uninstaller After I did this my internet was really slow and buggy so I tried restarting my computer The internet completely stopped working after it booted back up I tried using a system restore but for some reason no restore points could be found I know that there where system restore points just a few weeks earlier The built in restore function in in revo uninstaller didnt seem to do anything either Next I used a program called Free Window Registry Repair thinking that that might be the problem but it only made things worse I started getting error messages on startup that SSDP discovery was not working and something about TMP not working right I unfortunately dont remember the exact message Also explorer would stop working alot when I started it up and in general my whole computer began running very slow At this point I used norton antivirus to scan my computer for viruses but that did not turn up anything Finally I used the restore feature of Free Window Registry Repair and restarted my computer When it turned back on my background was the default one my computer started with the only icons were recycling bin my computer and revo uninstaller The windows sidebar which I had disabled was back up and all of my files were gone At this point my main priority is to get my files back If there is a way to get my computer working again that would be nice too but I dont want to do anything that might make it impossible to get my files back Thank you for any help I really am at a loss on what to do next

A:All Files(Documents, Music, Pictures) Gone

Do you have any other computers available to you? You can run Recuva on a flash drive or the like, and see if that nets you anything? Since installing things would overwrite previous files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-files-documents-music-pictures-gone-504967.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am trying to minimize the writing that will go on in the C: boot partition so that I will not "wear out" my SSD Drive. I have changed the Partition Location for the My Documents, My Pictures and My Videos folders. My Documents worked OK but My Pictures and My Videos now have two entries shown in my user account. One with a My prefix and one without. It appears that the entries without the My are Shared and cannot be deleted. What do I have to change in the Network Sharing to allow me to delete the "unused" folder entries. Will this cause a problem - I will share the "My" prefixed folders on the new partition?

A:Music, Video, Pictures Sharing?

I havn't tried to move those folders to seperate drives so can't give you exact instructions on this. But have you tried to take ownership of the extra folders? You may need to go into the drive where you moved them too first.

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112915-music-video-pictures-sharing.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings Anyone know why my PC is like Music,then My docs behaving Pictures like My my suddenly not giving me the correct options when going to my pictures I have spent all day going from folder to folder My Pictures behaving like My Music,then like my docs to customise them and teach them they are neither docs or music It seems to make a difference if I go to my pictures via the long way C Docs My Pictures behaving like My Music,then like my docs Settings My Docs My Pics etc or whether I go from start or from desktop shortcut My head hurts To clarify when I select the My Pics folder I get the cache of thumbnails with pictures on the folders icon but the options on the left are applicable to docs not pics However after spending hours using the customise option on all the subfolders THEY DO behave like pictures folders Believe me I have tried most of the usual fixes For security reasons I prefer not to publish a screen shot I would have to rename all folders to protect my ID

A:My Pictures behaving like My Music,then like my docs

Hello Grouchoff

Try this fix and see if it works for you

Scroll down to "Special Folders"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pictures-behaving-like-my-music-then-like-my-docs-353849.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi user with Sharing pictures/music second account guys I'm fairly new to Windows and having a few difficulties setting up a second account on my laptop Basically I have my collection of music and pictures in the 'My Pictures My Music' folders on my account Sharing pictures/music with second user account the administrator account My wife has set up a second account on the laptop and we want it so that when she opens the Music or Sharing pictures/music with second user account Photos app she will have access to the whole collection but I'm struggling to work out how to do this without having two copies of each file on the computer I've tried sharing the folders from one to the other and whilst they can be Sharing pictures/music with second user account accessed via the Network path the pics and music don't appear in the second user's Metro apps I'm guessing as they're not in the specified My Pictures Music folder for the second user I'm sure there's an easy way around this but I'm struggling to find it Any help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance Chris

A:Sharing pictures/music with second user account

It looks like all you need to do is put the files you want to share into the Pubic Folders.

You would also need to enable the Guest or Public file sharing in the Advanced Sharing Settings at the Network and Sharing Center.

Share files and folders on a network or a shared PC

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17072-sharing-pictures-music-second-user-account.html
Relevancy 52.03%

whenever I listen to mp3 in my music tool in windows 8 , there appear these flashing pictures in background which I are very disturbing . How can I take them off ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38465-how-change-pictures-background-music-tool.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'd like to delete My Pictures and My Music folders within My Documents. Though whenever I do, the My Pictures and My Music icons on the Start Menu will not open.

It's redundancy not to my liking to have My Pictures and My Music folders within My Documents folder, and to have My Pictures and My Music icons on the Start Menu; which lead to the same folders.

Is there a way to delete My Pictures and My Music folders within My Documents folder, while still retaining their Start Menu functionality?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
I Can't open My pictures, my videos and my music folders in my documents.It says the location is not available and access is denied. Please Help me.

A:Can't open My pictures, my videos and my music folders

Quote: Originally Posted by dhaneshka

Hi,
I Can't open My pictures, my videos and my music folders in my documents.It says the location is not available and access is denied. Please Help me.

In start menu, or in navigation pane, or in explorer ?

At first, try SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker .

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227874-cant-open-my-pictures-my-videos-my-music-folders.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a new Dell Vostro MT running Windows Pro -bit I'm having a problem in that the Metro Apps Music Pictures etc are not seeing any files on a second internal HDD I have gone into Windows Explorer and explicitly added the file location e E Music to the relevant Library e g My Music When I click on the library the files appear there and I can open them from within Windows Explorer by selecting the file and choosing quot Open with quot Individual music files will open with any of the installed programs including Music Media Player or VLC Similarly picture files are visible in Photo Viewer or Pictures But when I return to the Metro Start screen and select the relevant app e g Music - no files appear Pictures, files etc) Unable to see in (Music, Metro App If I copy a file across to the main library on C - then the file will appear in the app But I want to keep all my data on Unable to see files in Metro App (Music, Pictures, etc) a nd internal HDD rather than fill up my C drive I have tried - Uninstalling and reinstalling the app - Explicitly setting the folder type to quot Music quot or quot Pictures quot or whatever is relevant as well as keeping it as quot General quot - I have added the file to the library by going into the library and adding it to the list of locations to be accessed as well as going to the E drive selecting the folder and adding it to the library None of the above work Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue

A:Unable to see files in Metro App (Music, Pictures, etc)

The error i get is this folder cant be included because its on a removable device..

And that was from trying in explorer >> libraries >> Music right click music select properties >> add library location..

I may have a fix for that, i'll verify it when i get home and try it with an actual harddrive and not my phone..
In case you want to try it before I get home, I was going to go to the external harddrive policies and tell it to configure for best performance instead of quick removal..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25153-unable-see-files-metro-app-music-pictures-etc.html
Relevancy 52.03%

A virus hid all my pictures music and favorites on IE how do i retrieve them i have used avg which didnt do well so i installed malwarebytes says it removed or quarantined the viruses but i havent killed and Virus Hid IE my pictures my on all favorites music figured out how to see the files that are Virus Hid all my pictures music and killed my favorites on IE there can someone help please this is one of the scan results idk if it will help anyone Angie ANGIE-HP administrator Protection Enabled AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Detected C Windows Virus Hid all my pictures music and killed my favorites on IE svchost exe Trojan Agent - gt Virus Hid all my pictures music and killed my favorites on IE - gt Delete on reboot Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected C Windows svchost exe Trojan Agent - gt Delete on reboot end

A:Virus Hid all my pictures music and killed my favorites on IE

Hello, It is important you DO NOT run a Temp file or Registry cleaner.Was MBAM updated prior to that sxan?The infection family will also hide all the files on your computer from being seen. To make your files visible again, please download the following program to your desktop:Unhide.exe Once the program has been downloaded, double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run. >>>>Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.Run TDSSKiller.exe. Click Start scan.When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click ContinueLet reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log has a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448746/virus-hid-all-my-pictures-music-and-killed-my-favorites-on-ie/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hell all. Here is my problem. You see how in the Start Menu you have My Documents, My Music and My Picture. What I want to do is to link those 3 icons to go into the My Docs, My Music and My Picture that I have in my external Hardrive instead of the default place.

I hope you guys understand this. Any way I can do this?

A:Solved: Change My Documents, My Pictures, My Music...

If you clidk Start, then right-click My Documents, and select Properties, then click the "Move" button, you get an opportunity to select another location to store your documents from a small Explorer window. Expand My Computer (click the "+" sign) and you should see your external drive. Select that drive, and then click the "Make New Folder" button, and name the new folder whatever you like (or select an existing folder if it suits your needs). My Music and My Pictures will tag along for the ride automatically.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-my-documents-my-pictures-my-music.487852/
Relevancy 52.03%

I hope someone can help me as I am not the most technical user of a PC So if a solution is posted please make it easy Here is my issue I bought a new PC with Windows and I probably set up stuff wrong at the start I set up my wife and daughters as Administrators like me but I thought that they would not be able to see my Documents or Pictures or Music as my Profile has a password But they were able to see all my Music Documents and Pictures Previously in Windows XP all our PC Hiding Documents/Music/Pictures Users Other from stuff was separate and they didn't see any of my files Thinking all I had to do was make them Standard Users and this would rectify the issue but obviously it didn't I have left them at Standard Users hoping for a solution from you people here on this Forum So I am asking is there Hiding Documents/Music/Pictures from Other PC Users a way on Windows to have my stuff Private for me and for no one to see it Thanks Gary

A:Hiding Documents/Music/Pictures from Other PC Users

Just go to your User name folder as shown in the picture, my name is blocked out in Blue' right click a library folder then choose "Share With" then choose "Stop Sharing" for any particular Library folder that you don't want to share.

You need to do this because in Windows 8/8.1 the Users folder is shared by default so that people don't get confused on how to share the Users folders, sharing of the Username folder was not enabled with Windows 7.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45191-hiding-documents-music-pictures-other-pc-users.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello and Good Wishes to all In my quot My Pictures quot folder I have say sub folders Pictures" "my Duplicate Under Phantom Folder Music"... "my named NY NJ FL ect One day I go the FL and notice that it does NOT have all the pix that I thought should be in there Days later I stumble on the missing pix and quot trace quot where they are There is ANOTHER the Phantom quot My Pictures quot folder under quot Phantom Duplicate "my Pictures" Folder Under "my Music"... My Music quot all inclusive of NY NJ FL ect All this being under quot My Documents quot as they should be I certainly did NOT set this up in this fashion and I know it is taking up room Has anyone ever heard of such an occurrence I maintain a very clean computer HEY I spend a lot of time in quot Security quot here and follow many of their leads lol Has anyone ever encountered this or guess as to how it occurred Puzzling to say the least P S This site is BY FAR one of the better ones going TY

A:Phantom Duplicate "my Pictures" Folder Under "my Music"...

Not saying you did, but I installed a hd for a client/partner of mine this week, and when I looked at his hd,1=NTFS and1=FAT32On each of his hd's (partitioned virtual drives), I noticed that he had the same exact folders/files on both hd's.I gotta ask, (don't get offended).. is it possible that you created a My Pictures folder under the My Music folder, in which you put some of the files in the 2nd My Pictures folder and not realizing it? I'm just asking... because I'm wondering how my client/parter has the same exact files under both hd's.It's also possible that what you're saying is a Phantom folder, but I've never heard of a case like this, (although new things happen everyday). I'm just wondering.Are there other people with access to your computer (family members, friends, etc?)Also, is your computer set to backup it's data? And if so, verify where it's actually backing it up to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70726/phantom-duplicate-my-pictures-folder-under-my-music/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Looking to you for help after causing a deleted music and Tried pictures removing Malware and have myself huge problem for myself I have been having problems for months with Visualbee Conduit and Adnxs issues I am NOT entirely comfortable with these topics but have had success in the past with Spybot So I tried that and had not luck so I ended up on your site off Tried removing Malware myself and have deleted pictures and music of a search for Tried removing Malware myself and have deleted pictures and music Visual bee and followed advice given to another Yes I realize now you do NOT recommend this ugh I used the adwcleaner and it worked great I got rid of a bunch of problems but was still only having Adnxs issues with pop ups on Mozilla So I went back to searching and ended up back on your site and followed those insturctions given to someone else with using security check and roquekiller Adnxs was still there so I used there next step and used Combofix It ran for hours and when the laptop restarted the screen was balck and everthing was gone A window popped up for a system restore that went back acouple days and some things came back However all pictures and music is gone I am sick I did find them by Tried removing Malware myself and have deleted pictures and music searching on the name of a grouping of pictures It seems that they are all there but the names have been changed with a vir at the end of them all It seems that they are marked as a virus and in quarentine I could one by one go erase the vir added to each photo but that could take years I was able to sucessfully do this several pictures though thats something So now I am on your actual site and see everywhere I should not have used them without help so I am reaching out I have not uninstalled Combofix because I am afraid I might delete all my videos and pictures if it takes the quarentine with it Once reading your preparation guide I have also not downloaded and run DDS for the same reason I figured I have done enough damage lol Can you help I am not great on the computer but I am willing if you can walk me through it Thank you

A:Tried removing Malware myself and have deleted pictures and music

I am also worried if there is a time frame to get this fixed. Should I not be using the computer? How soon will all my Photos and Music stay in quarentine? Am I running a risk of them permanently deleting?

Thanks for any help ~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494696/tried-removing-malware-myself-and-have-deleted-pictures-and-music/
Relevancy 52.03%

From what I read Vista won't allow these folders to just be deleted. In fact, it recreates them when you do delete them.

But is there some way to "officially" get rid of those folders?
I am sure it is a surprise to MS but I don't use any of the three I mentioned.

I understand you can move them but that isn't what I want. If not get rid of them completely, can they "officially" be renamed? Seems like this might mix up the Junction Points function though?

Relevancy 52.03%

i've just had to reinstall windows again (not sure what happened, dam holidays!!) so i've just partitioned my C drive into to 2 partitions, C & D.

what i'd like to do is whan i click on the start menu, then music tab/button, it'll go to my D drive where i'll store my music etc

this should save me having to back them up/transfer over to another HDD

cheers

A:Changing default location for music, pictures etc

Hello,

See this tutorial: User Folders - Change Default Location

Hope this helps,

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/74688-changing-default-location-music-pictures-etc.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok so I made the mistake of using windows .zip file creater instead of winzip to zip probably about 4gb worth of pictures in a single zip file. I burnt it on a cd and deleted all the pictures in the format. I pop the cd back in and put the .zip file on my desktop go to extract with winzip and it is corrupt! I need to know of a shure way to recover all these pictures. I've used alot of utilities but I dont want to pay and then it only get some of the pictures back. The data is there, it is the correct size. Please help there is like 5 years worth of pictures from my sisters pc!

A:HELP! Corrupt .zip file thousands of pictures at stake!

PS I tried to recover the deleted files but I ran a full format and they are unrecoverable but I have the zip file!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-corrupt-zip-file-thousands-of-pictures-at-stake-280846.html
Relevancy 51.6%

PLEASE HELP!! We purchased Photo Explosion Deluxe a couple of years back so that we could make a slideshow with background music that would play on a dvd player. We got it to work once when we first got the program, but now, for the love of God, we cannot get it to work again!!

I had a friend tell me to use Windows Movie Maker, but we had the same problem. We would get all of our pictures in there, add music, and burn it. But it just won't play on a dvd player, it plays just fine on the computer though!!

Arg, please help!

A:How do I burn a cd (or dvd) to play my pictures with music in my home dvd player?

"DVD Flick aims to be a simple but at the same time powerful DVD Authoring tool. It can take a number of video files stored on your computer and turn them into a DVD that will play back on your DVD player, Media Center or Home Cinema Set. You can add additional custom audio tracks, subtitles as well as a menu for easier navigation."
http://www.dvdflick.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-burn-a-cd-or-dvd-to-play-my-pictures-with-music-in-my-home-dvd-player.903267/
Relevancy 51.6%

DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by - Malware Needed Removal pictures deleting music ie, Help & Doug McBride at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Kaspersky PURE Enabled Outdated C FBF- BCB- -D D- Malware Removal Help Needed - deleting ie, music & pictures EDFEC E SP Kaspersky PURE Enabled Updated DE B- DF - BEF-ED D- AD D SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Kaspersky PURE Enabled FB ABE A- A - -FCD -C EA D E Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C windows SysWOW AstSrv exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky PURE avp exe C program files x toshiba wireless lan indicator tosindicator exe C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Common Files InfoWatch CryptoStorage ProtectedObjectsSrv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA PHAROS Core CTskMstr exe C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x TechSmith Jing Jing exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky PURE avp exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky PURE avp exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C windows system SearchFilterHost exe C windows system taskeng exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxps mail google com mail u shva inbox uProxyOverride lt local gt local BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - lt orphaned gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData RealNetworks RealDownloader BrowserPlugins IE rndlbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO IEVkbdBHO Class AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky PURE ievkbd dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO... Read more

A:Malware Removal Help Needed - deleting ie, music & pictures

Hello there, Masterk3y! Welcome to TSF.

I am looking over your logs and will get back to you as soon as I can. In the meantime, could you please describe in more detail the problems you have been having with your computer?

Also, if you have not done so already, you may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

To help make this fix go as smoothly as possible, please do not run any scans, use any tools, or install/uninstall any applications unless requested.

Even if your symptoms seem to disappear at some point during this fix, please stay with me until I confirm the infection is gone. An infection could still be present on your system even if there are no obvious signs.

Please be patient with me during the course of this fix, as it will likely require multiple steps to completely remove your infection.

During this process, read each of my posts carefully before you continue. If you have any questions about any of the instructions I give you, please ask them before you begin.

Also please note that this forum is very busy; if I don't hear back from you within three days, this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-removal-help-needed-deleting-ie-music-and-pictures-704114.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This is a bit weird and I have a feeling it s something that will have to be adjusted in the registry I have my My Documents on my physical second D drive while all my programs and the OS are on the C drive In the My Video, Lost: Music, icons My My Solved: My Pictures Documents folder is the My Music My Video My Pictures folders that XP automatically assigns icons for and doesn t allow you to change the look of them I had been backing up this internal GB D My Documents to an external GB USB drive I decided to put the external one into the computer because I bought another external GB drive for backup OK everything is fine but the icons for My Music My Video My Pictures folders that XP automatically assigns are no more they are just plain looking folders but I can t customize them because these are the special folders that XP assigns for their specific use Does any one know what might have happened Is it possible that the different serial number of the drive or something else may have messed things up nbsp

A:Solved: Lost: My Music, My Video, My Pictures icons

See if the information herein may help:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/specialicons.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-my-music-my-video-my-pictures-icons.394187/
Relevancy 51.6%

The Location of the folders were on D drive with the windows files on the C drive. I installed Windows 7 on a partion of the D drive and dual booted Vista and 7. I didn't get along with 7 so followed a guide i found on the internet on how to uninstall 7 and keep vista. But now, When i try click on Music or Pictures nothing happens, and when i right click and select properties, Its gives me the screen you see in the attachment.
Also, I can't do a system restore. I Disabled it because it appeared to be eating up at my HD space when i only had one, and have forgotten to re-enable it after i got a 2nd HD.
So yeah, How do i get my these 2 folders sorted?

Edit: Might also be helpful to know. I formatted the 2nd HD completly, and i belive the drive letter has changed from D to F.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-music-and-pictures-folder-in-start-menu-456517.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I m a very wordy person so to avoid that I m going to do this in point form and if you need any other Recovery impossible! boot help! lost Can't Please XP, My Pictures/Music, info please ask Running Win XP Media Center on HP Pavilion m n Samsung HDD GB ea Can t remember the RAM or anything else History Previous crash due to corrupt registry Jan Fixed with HP Recovery no data lost Now Windows will not load Have tried all Can't boot XP, lost My Pictures/Music, Recovery impossible! Please help! the options it gives on the black screen Safe mode last good config normally etc All just cause reboot Except Safe mode scrolls through a list of drivers and such before hanging for a minute then rebooting Can t access recovery also causes reboot and never actually goes into the program Have removed HDD and used it as an external HDD on my Macbook It recognizes the drive and the partition which holds the Recovery Most files are intact with the exception of My Pictures and My Music containing my digi cam photos and all purchased iTunes music My Documents and all other sub-folders are still present and now contains strange new sub-folder called quot My Documentsimages quot Recovery partitioned section seems to be empty HDD will not be recognized when hooked up to old IBM Pen Win XP Error msg quot Error performing inpage operation quot Still works on Macbook Other HDD is fine and working well Just the boot HDD won t work I don t have WinXP discs or HP Recovery discs They never came with my comp First Is there anyway to recover My Pictures and My Music Second Any idea what the heck is wrong Thanks so much for any insight anyone has When I get home from work I ll be hooking it up to my sisters HP to see if it boots there since I was told it could be a motherboard issue But I still don t understand what happened to my most important files then Please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-xp-lost-my-pictures-music-recovery-impossible-please-help.726680/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey all I havent been here for awhile Ijust pictures menu from start missing my Solved: my music and noticed that my music and my pictures are missing from the start menu Also the folders are still in my documents but the names of each folder has been changed to s s music and s s pictures I Solved: missing my music and my pictures from start menu ran a full scan with avast and that was okay and I ran a full Solved: missing my music and my pictures from start menu scan with malwarebytes and it picked up adware in the Solved: missing my music and my pictures from start menu registry Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows XP Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Rick RICK- ED AA administrator AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected HKCU SOFTWARE CROSSRIDER Adware GamePlayLab - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Detected HKCU Software Crossrider AppVerifier Adware GamePlayLab - gt Data bf a f ffedd dcd b bc - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected No malicious items detected end I tried the tweak ui fix and kellys korner fix and I checked the registry and the value for both is set at I would appreciate any help to solve this without having to do a reformat thank you nbsp

A:Solved: missing my music and my pictures from start menu

Guess maybe I will just reformat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-my-music-and-my-pictures-from-start-menu.1097255/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was wondering if anyone on here could possibly help me with this.

For some reason, even though its set to show the links on the start menu properties, for some reason the Videos, Pictures and Music links aren't anywhere to be seen on my start menu.

The link to my documents, downloads and games show fine, but the ones above don't.

Anyone got any guesses as to why this is happening?

Thanks for the help ^^

A:Videos, Pictures and Music missing from Start Menu

Hi Ihm, Welcome to the "Seven Forums."

Try going into Task Bar Properties, then click on the tab "Start Menu" from there click on "Customize." Once there check to see if Music, Pictures, etc., are checked as "Don't display this item" if so that check to "Display as a link," or "Display as a menu." Hope this works for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/33330-videos-pictures-music-missing-start-menu.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My current aging computer HDDs Splitting My to Documents/Pictures/Music/Videos 2 has an internal GB HDD which is made up mostly of files inside My Documents Splitting My Documents/Pictures/Music/Videos to 2 HDDs My Pictures My Music My Videos folders I just ordered the Microsoft Surface Pro w GB SSD I also ordered an external USB GB SSD so that between the Surface's GB SSD and the external GB SSD I can transfer all my data from my aging computer My question I would like to set up Windows so that the Splitting My Documents/Pictures/Music/Videos to 2 HDDs Surface Pro with its GB SSD will include the OS apps and My Documents folder and that the attached external USB GB SSD will hold the My Pictures My Music My Videos folders If I'm away from home for the day or a few days I will only take the Surface Pro with me and likely leave the external SSD behind because I mostly use the stuff in My Documents So specifically I'd like to know if you think I should set up Windows Splitting My Documents/Pictures/Music/Videos to 2 HDDs with all these folders on the Surface Pro but have the My Pictures My Music My Videos folders be empty except for a LINK to folders on the external SSD which will include the actual content files of these folders or should I actually MOVE those three system folders from the GB SSD onto the external GB drive Thanks so much Mike

A:Splitting My Documents/Pictures/Music/Videos to 2 HDDs

Hello Mike,

I would suggest to install OS to the laptop and keep and the folders in external drive. As you mentioned that you use My Documents mostly, you can copy that folder in your laptop.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34016-splitting-my-documents-pictures-music-videos-2-hdds.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I got a 500gb HD for free and want to use it as my central location of Music and Pictures between the 2 networked PC's at home. I have tried the TweakUI setting to change the location and went through the registry and changed the location of the folders as well. I want to keep the My Documents folders on their own respective PC's and only change the location of the Music and Pics. Nothing I've tried has worked, the old contents of the folders remain. Any Ideas?

A:Point My Pictures, My Music to central network folder?

Even though I've changed the locations of the 2 folders, when i open them in the My Documents the path has not changed. Isn't it supposed to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/point-my-pictures-my-music-to-central-network-folder-286323.html
Relevancy 51.6%

4 some reason i have an extra 2 folders of documents,pictures,videos and music folders and i comes up in my taskbar and i cant delete any of them cause if i do they all get deleted i h8 vista can any 1 help fix this really annying problem cause the only other solution i can think of is to reformat my computer (sigh) and i really dont want to do that i have windoes vista home premium 32bit ty any help would be apreciated

A:problems with documents,pictures,videos and music folders

Welcome to TSF

Can i ask, Have you upgraded from XP recently?

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-documents-pictures-videos-and-music-folders-230854.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

My Documents, pictures and music are not working.

However, I can see them in the thumbnail at the bottom bar. They just don't launch. I can't access them.

This maybe because I was trying to make an old game called Master of Orion 2 work.

Master of Orion II - Anyone got it to work correctly?

I created a batch file that might be responsible for this to disable explorer and a task kil as below:

6. Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Copy dplayx.dll, and rename the copy to dplay.dll.
7. Create a batch file and copy the lines below into it:

TASKKILL /F /IM "explorer.exe"
cd C:\"Program Files (x86)"\Microprose\Orion2
start /w C:\"Program Files (x86)"\Microprose\Orion2\Orion95.exe
start C:\Windows\explorer.exe

How do I undo this and have access to document, pictures and music folders?

Any help appreciated.

A:Documents, Pictures and Music not showing (task kill)?

Tried restarting PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369600-documents-pictures-music-not-showing-task-kill.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Whilst on holiday I accidently wiped all the images from my digital camera s memory card not overly clever I admit When I got home I sent the card to a data recovery specialist who restored the images Corrupt - Images Thumbnails; Incomplete Pictures Full from the card to a DVD and sent it to me When I load the DVD and navigate to the pictures on my computer however the initial thumnails for the pictures load showing all of the details of the photo but then seem to automatically refresh a second later this time showing big grey-ed out areas in the photos If I then open the images the grey areas also appear It sounds a bit weird I know But it seems that the data for the whole picture may be there given that the thumbnail initially shows the whole picture Corrupt Images - Full Thumbnails; Incomplete Pictures Am I being too optimistic or is there a chance I can recover the whole of the pictures still Many thanks for any help anyone is able to provide Cheers David nbsp

A:Corrupt Images - Full Thumbnails; Incomplete Pictures

Do you still have the card ??
Have you written anything to it ??
And welcome to the TSG forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupt-images-full-thumbnails-incomplete-pictures.943724/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys Mike here,My old computer crashed during a lightening storm(mobo was bad)and bought a new HP pavillion slimline.Whats the best way to get "my documents "my pictures" from my old hD.This very important to me as i have a lot of pics of my daughter on that old hd and she passed away 8/26/2010 at the age of 39.Thanks Regards Mike

A:Best way to transfer my documents/pictures from corrupt hard drive

Hi Mike
Assuming your hard drive is still in working order and uncorrupted by the lightning strike I don`t think it should be too difficult.
I had a similar problem and got round it by buying a :- USB 2.0 to SATA IDE Hard Drive Adapter Converter Cable, of Ebay in the UK for approx £7.USB-SATA-IDE-Hard-Drive-Adapter-Converter (brilliant piece of kit and worth every penny)
Just remove the HD from the old computer and power it up on your desk using the purchased device and connect to your new computer USB port.
Open Windows Explorer on your new computer to view the contents of your old HD and "Drag and Drop" or "Copy & Paste" the files required to your new computer.
If your old HD is corrupt as mine was you may require some suitable software. I used "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard" (not the free edition) although the free edition may be worth trying before going to any great expense.
Hopefully your HD is uncorrupted.
Hope you fully understood my explanation and good luck.
Regards
Danny

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-transfer-my-documents-pictures-from-corrupt-hard-drive.177245/
Relevancy 51.17%

As the title states, I cannot get my music, pictures and videos links to show up on the right side of my start menu. I have used all of Brink's tutorials and or registry hacks and double checked everything...but to no resolve. Any one have other suggestions.

Cisco C.

A:My Music, My Pictures and My Videos links not showing up on Start Menu

Hello Cisco, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Do you already have those items checked in the Customize Start Menu settings to have those folders added to the dark right side of the Start Menu as either a link or menu?

Afterwards, you could use the tutorial below to have them open to their C:\Users location instead of their library location.

Start Menu User Folder Buttons - Open to Users Instead of Libraries

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/210592-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-links-not-showing-up-start-menu.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello

i have an issues with my library file

my library its looking like this and i cant open it !!!!

and there is no " users " folder in the c:

can any one help me please

Thanks

A:Documents Library in Windows 7 no longer working ( Music + pictures +

If this just started in the last few days, do a System Restore to a date before you had the problem.
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273924-documents-library-windows-7-no-longer-working-music-pictures.html
Relevancy 51.17%

The settings in my folder options have been changed.
If i left click any file it comes up wth access denied.. However if i right click and go to open then the file will open.

The problem was caused by going Tools>folder options> file types.... file folder and folder have been changed on the advanced button..
also AudioCD file has been changed.

Any help would be much appreciated

thankyou john

Relevancy 51.17%

The normal loading time is about 1-2 seconds. Loading time has been ranging from 2 to 45 seconds from start menu, desktop shortcuts, and Windows Explorer. All other programs load normal speed 1-4 seconds. My Documents, which I use the most often, is the worst. Doesn’t appear to depend on how many programs/windows are open or if I am on the internet. Using AVG Free antivirus-no infections found, except 20 or so level 3 cookie/yieldmanagers when loading Internet Explorer/Firefox. No recent changes to the computer. Only 5% of hard drive being used. Spybot/Adaware/AVG run every couple of days. This has been happening for 17 days, tried several previous system restore points--no effect. Defragged—although XP indicated this unnecessary. I use an APC battery backup. Scan Disk run several days ago--no problems found. This morning working normally for first time since problem began (no action taken)—yesterday loading times varied from 4-35 seconds throughout the day.

A:XP: Erratic Loading Times for My Documents/Pictures/Music/Computer

See if you can find a registry scanner, your registry could suffer from corruption which can also slow the machine down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-erratic-loading-times-for-my-documents-pictures-music-computer.742302/
Relevancy 50.31%

Trying to setup the built-in Backup (File History) to make automatic copies of some important work files. I do not need to backup such user folders as Music, Videos and Pictures using this tool, but I can't remove them from the backup settings. They are always returned to the list of folders to backup automatically!

Is there a way to prevent system from doing this?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/34962-cant-remove-music-videos-pictures-user-folders-backup-options.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have always backed my personal hard drives using images for easy restoration

However i now have 2 PCs that need backup performed and they just want the data so an image is not necessary thus i only want the important data ie; documents and settings important files no junk such as updates or temp files

I would prefer to remove the hard drives and plug it into another pc to perform the backup instead of doing the back up from the actual machine

I was looking for the best possible way to perform this

A:Backing up hard drives to external, important data ie; pictures music

You can use Windows Backup via Control Panel, System and Security, Backup and REstore, just for backing up your data and settings. A simple backup of C:\Users\<your username> would suffice for most people unless you have your documents on a separate folder or drive.
I use a good third party backup program called Retrospec Pro from EMC (Retrospect).

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/267081-backing-up-hard-drives-external-important-data-ie-pictures-music.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Trying to setup the built-in Backup (File History) to make automatic copies of some important work files. I do not need to backup such user folders as Music, Videos and Pictures using this tool, but I can't remove them from the backup settings. They are always returned to the list of folders to backup automatically!

Is there a way to prevent system from doing this?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/34962-cant-remove-music-videos-pictures-user-folders-backup-options.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I ran into another problem today... Originally, the Music shortcut on the Start Menu leads to C:\Users\My Name\Music and I had the location changed to D:\Music... So, I tried clicking on the shortcut today and it led me nowhere. When I right-clicked on the shortcut and selected properties, it gave me this:

Could anyone shed some light so that I can return the shortcut location to D:\Music again but I can't seem to be able to do anything with it....

On another note, will it pose a problem if I were to install about 5000+ fonts at one go? I did the last time and the sound and network icon at the system tray went on missing on so many occasions...

Could anyone help me out on this? I am on a roll with problems these days... Thanks so much in advance!

A:Problem with Music & Pictures shortcut in Start Menu + Font Installation question

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-music-pictures-shortcut-in-start-menu-font-installation-question.567805/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a single PC on the Domain that is getting this error message when any Domain user logs into it. We have tried changing permissions at a folder level and the error still comes up when ever someone logs into it. The folders were redirected last year
and I believe the message started coming up after that time. As I said it's just this one PC on the Domain that has the error.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9ad6f859-c0fe-44da-b9a4-2ae551efdcc4/error-message-recycle-bin-serverdc1homedirsmy-documentsmy-music-file-corrupt?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 46.44%

When I reinstalled Windows recently I decided to move my user data folders to my D drive since C drive is a new SSD - I did this by using the location tab in the properties dialog Now when I click the start menu and click on my username to open my home folder it displays all my data folders EXCEPT My Music My Videos and My Pictures of course if I navigate to C users only Appdata is there since everything was moved to D users So I go to where the folders are stored on D drive and they are all home missing from Pictures/Videos/Music" "My folder there but when I go to properties for these three folders the quot location quot tab is not there Furthermore I remember the default save location for MS Paint is the pictures folder however "My Pictures/Videos/Music" missing from home folder now its default location is My Documents Same thing applies to Windows Live Movie Maker default should be Videos but it's defaulting to Documents I think this is related to the problem I described above Also when I click on the Pictures library or the videos or music library it says there is no folder included so I had to manually include the right folder from the D drive The attached screenshot sums it all up Of course when I saved it I just saved it in the default directory for Paint which happened to be MY DOCUMENTS

A:"My Pictures/Videos/Music" missing from home folder

Hello Marcus,

See if you may be able to use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to restore those user folders back to their default location on C. User Folders - Restore Default Location
Afterwards, you could use what's recommended in the yellow Tip box at the top of the tutorial above, or try moving them back to D to see how they work afterwards. User Folders - Change Default Location
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297361-my-pictures-videos-music-missing-home-folder.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have Vista -bit Premium and have some issues All of my pictures documents and music files are no longer showing in their respective directories The only reason I know they aren t deleted is because the large folder sizes and file number are still correct I am not sure when this started but it MAY be an issue due to use of RegistryBooster awhile ago I hadn t used it in awhile had no problems then but since I ve read online that these programs can cause issues I wonder (Vista) help my and "see" music, pictures me Solved: Please documents, if that was the culprit I ve used system restore but it only goes back to recent two weeks or so not before I used RB if that s the problem I could use RB to restore my registry back to what it was when I last ran it but I don t want to make my problem worse especially if that isn t the problem I ve read random threads at forums on gaining Admin permissions in my folders Solved: Please help me "see" my music, documents, and pictures (Vista) but when I try to change the settings I am told Access is Denied for the very files it is trying to open up for me I think the settings to List Contents ore off but I can t figure out how to gain full access to turn all permissions on they stay grayed out or won t stay checked Please help Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Please help me "see" my music, documents, and pictures (Vista)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-me-see-my-music-documents-and-pictures-vista.852450/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was playing music in WMP, the music stopped playing all of a sudden. I went to restart it and the library was empty. I went to My Music and the folder was empty, checked My Pictures that was empty too.

I ran a search on *.mp and all of my music is still in My Music, I right clicked on one of them and the hidden check box is NOT checked.

If anyone has any idea what this could be please let me know.

I'm currently in the process of running several anti virus scans.

A:All of the files in My Music and My Pictures are "hidden"

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below. Use a USB flash drive to download and transfer the tools to the affected machine, if necessary. You might like to run the Flash_Disinfector.exe on the clean machine and the flash drive first to protect against any possible transfer of infection via USB.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/all-of-the-files-in-my-music-and-my-pictures-are-hidden-561215.html
Relevancy 40.85%

A friend's computer... total nightmare... she doesn't know much about computers, and it seems thoroughly messed up. Tried installing Windows Defender, and it couldn't find her "My Pictures" folder so it didn't install. So I looked under her My Documents folder. It's missing the My Pictures and My Music folders. Plus, the other folders that are there, such as My Videos, etc., their icons are not special, they look like ordinary folders.

Her computer's "Shared Documents" section looks fine, with all the usual folders with special icons, etc.

Any thoughts?
Computer: HP Pavilion dv1000

A:"My Pictures" and "My Music" folders are missing

Try a system restore to an earlier date before the problem started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pictures-and-my-music-folders-are-missing.645748/
Relevancy 39.99%

Screenshot of the Windows Vista Pictures and Videos Folder

A:Approved Beta 1 Launch Pictures - Pictures and Videos Folder

That kinda looks like ACDSee.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26143/approved-beta-1-launch-pictures-pictures-and-videos-folder/
Relevancy 39.56%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Was having problems with virtual memory and computer coming to a complete stop due to downloading a Norton upgrade. My computer tech suggested backing up everything on my computer and reloading Windows XP Home Edition. He backed up what he thought was everything on my computer that was under my user name and reloaded my computer but my pictures in my Kodak pictures file were not under my user name; therefore, all of my pictures are gone. The tech has now transferred everything on my computer over to his computer and is now trying to find the pictures. Anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the pictures? Has anyone ever had to send the computer to a lab to get info retrieved and how much does it cost? Thanks for your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-have-lost-all-my-pictures-in-my-kodak-pictures-file.682192/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I formatted my drive after I saved my favorites and my pictures to CD Formatting cleared up the problem of two dial up connections I tried everything on that The duplicate connection is no more Finally Anyway back to why I am posting again I want to put the pictures that I saved from the My Pictures folder back to the My Pictures folder I Put My Pictures How Solved: Folder? Pictures Do in Back I Saved have set one of them as the new desktop background It was before the format I have looked in Help and Support but I can t seem to find anything I have typed in quot Export Pictures from CD to My Pictures folder quot without the quotes and I get a list of links pertaining to CD recording errors and other Solved: How Do I Put Saved Pictures Back in My Pictures Folder? things like that I did right Solved: How Do I Put Saved Pictures Back in My Pictures Folder? click on a picture in Drive E my CD-RW just to see what would come up and I noticed that on the Send To menu that these pictures can be sent to the desktop Is this what I should do then Send them to the desktop and open them and send them from here to the My Pictures folder It can t be that easy can it Let me hear from anybody nbsp

A:Solved: How Do I Put Saved Pictures Back in My Pictures Folder?

Highlight all your pictures on the cd, right click and click on copy, then open you picture folder on your computer and right click and click on paste.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-put-saved-pictures-back-in-my-pictures-folder.319843/
Relevancy 38.7%

What the title should say is ..."Windows 7 (new for me) is not saving pictures from camera TO my pictures file." Thank you for any and all advice.  I went to upload photos from my website but could not find them! What I have done so far: 1. Set autoplay to default 2. Unplugged all ports and replugged 3. Typed jpg in search and found them but they are not accessible when I try to upload them to my website. 4. Looked in temp files (not there) 5. Tried another "test" photo and tried one more time to upload it from snapfish and photobucket and still can't find them. Can I tell windows where to save my photos? Could this be from a corrupt file? I don't know what else to try.

A:Windows 7 (new for me) is not saving pictures from camera to my pictures.

They on all of my machines end up in the picture folder unless I click on save as and select another location.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578946/windows-7-new-for-me-is-not-saving-pictures-from-camera-to-my-pictures/
Relevancy 38.7%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system if this here post told pictures see my pictures me to gone/someone folder all are to lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program my pictures folder all pictures are gone/someone told me to post this here to see if Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files my pictures folder all pictures are gone/someone told me to post this here to see if Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files my pictures folder all pictures are gone/someone told me to post this here to see if Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe c program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run AOL Dialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOlDial exe O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d ... Read more

A:my pictures folder all pictures are gone/someone told me to post this here to see if

is the pictures folder "my pictures" within my documents or were you saving them someplace else, in another folder?

were they deleted, are they in the recycle bin?

you haven't given much info other than the pics are missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pictures-folder-all-pictures-are-gone-someone-told-me-to-post-this-here-to-see-if.573141/
Relevancy 38.7%

I used the file explorer on desktop to move a bunch of pictures off an external backup drive and into the pictures folder within my pictures library. They now show up under the pictures library in desktop. But the Metro Pictures app insists that there are no pictures in my pictures library. Any suggestions?

A:Pictures metro app not detecting pictures in my library

reinstall pics app

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/13486-pictures-metro-app-not-detecting-pictures-my-library.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,
I need to know how to save the pictures in the My Pictures folder to CD. I am going to format and reinstall XP Home and if I do, I will lose these pictures unless I save them. Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: How Do I Save the Pictures in My Pictures Folder to CD?

XP has built in cd-burnig capabilities. You should just be able to put a blank disk in and drag and drop your files over.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-save-the-pictures-in-my-pictures-folder-to-cd.319273/
Relevancy 38.7%

How can I remove all references to subdirectory MyPictures on my C:\ drive?

Last year I did a clean install of Windows 7 Enterprise. I then copied my data files to the C:\ Drive. These directories and files were created with XP Professional so my photo files were under My Pictures\2010.

In the Library view I have Pictures\My Pictures\2010

In the Computer view I see C:\Users\Russell\My Pictures\2010
I used SyncBack SE to backup my files to the F:\drive.

SB SE converts references to subdirectory My Picture to Pictures. Some how I now have some files backed up on two directories:

F:\Users\Russell\Pictures
F:\Users\Russell\My Pictures.

A:Multiple picture directories. Pictures, My Pictures.

Hello, anybody home?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74240-multiple-picture-directories-pictures-my-pictures.html
Relevancy 38.7%

The Sonos Music System can stream music from the internet to ever room in your house wirelessly. To do this one of its components is connected to a router using ethernet cable. However I want to stream music from my external Hard drive via my Thomson TG782T Router to the Sonos Music System.
My Question is: Do I just connect the external Hard drive to the USB port of the Thomson TG782T Router or is it more complicated.
In the absence of detailed instruction (Thomson TG782T Router Manual) i need advise on how to go about it (i.e. test steaming music from this Ext Hard Drive via the router to a PC), prior to purchasing the Sonos Music System.

Thanks is advance.

A:Stream music from External Hard Drive via router and Sonos Music System

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stream-music-from-external-hard-drive-via-router-and-sonos-music-system.992482/
Relevancy 38.7%

I apologize if this has already been addressed. I honestly don't know what I'm doing. My Vista's not playing any of the music files on my computer or my iPod on any music player I use (iTunes, WinAmp, the Rhapsody that came with it), though it plays anything else that's online. Other sounds on the computer are also playing (MSN, AIM, system sounds). What it does exactly is, upon clicking any song in the media library, it shows intention to play it but then stays at 0:00, while recognizing the length of song, name of artist, etc. Did I miss something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-not-playing-any-music-files-plays-online-music-perfectly.666314/
Relevancy 38.7%

The Music partition download drive hard music and to Videos exterior from other day I posted my problem download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition with getting a new computer which had win installed When downloading all my backups which had download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition been on an exterior drive they ended up in strange places Suddenly I had libraries and the library had folders but all the folder were named differently No more My Documents download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition my this my that Instead they dropped the my which by itself would not have bee a big deal but then they put my document files into my music folder Well that got me mad I'm a head-hunter and I keep everthing in Outlook Contacts In those contacts I have links to my candidates' resumes folders I also have links from my clients to their folders However after downloading having thought I had done everything by the letter I found the links didn't work What a mess I have over candidates categorized by qualifications I have clients in a similar situation Their links don't work either Then some very nice people from this site suggested I create partitions and lose the libraries At first I was frightened I had heard of partitions but had never been courageous enough to actually try them out I was also angry with Microsoft because they changed things for no reason Time is money and I'm losing money when I have to dick around with the computer instead of on the phone head-junting Feeling defeated I bit the bullet downloaded the software MiniTool Partition It seemed easy enough but I have run into some snags In my need to get organized I deleted all the music in the music folder under libraries And I deleted the My Documents folder from there also I need to make E C amp E Conn much smaller Look C It's huge I need that space for my pictures I don't think I need H Backups because I back up to an external hard drive Disk is the external backup I think When I double click I see all my files in there including my music folder with all my music How do I get them into F Music and Videos partition Any help would be greatly appreciated Oh I almost forgot When I get a new resume in the email I generally place it in a folder for later reading Now I can't place it in E C amp E I get a message saying something like I need administrator permission Well I am the administrator Anyway - baby steps Can you help me to tranfer the music from my external drive to F Music and Videos

A:download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition

Quote: Originally Posted by rikkidegraz

Anyway - baby steps. Can you help me to tranfer the music from my external drive to F: Music and Videos?

Normally, you would just drag them (copy, not move) with the mouse--from the external drive to F:Music and Videos. Can't you do that? But I may be misunderstanding you.

However:

First I would decide how many partitions you ultimately want to end up with on your internal drive.

You need the one named system

You need C

You don't need the others.

Plan 1: put all of your personal files on C and subdivide C with a folder structure: Music, Pictures, Video, Work, whatever suits you. 2 total partitions.

Plan 2: put only Windows and programs on C, and put all data on D. Subdivide D with a similar folder structure. 3 total partitions.

Plan 3: Put Windows on C. Use several different data partitions D, E, F, and so on. One for each data type (music, video, pictures, etc). 4 or more total partitions.

I would lean toward plan 2. You seem to have chosen plan 3.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each of those 3 plans. Plan 3 works, but having a bunch of partitions can be wasteful because you can never anticipate the proper size and growth rate of the data type on a partition.

Your pictures partition is already 80% full.

If you know for sure that you want to stay with those particular partitions, you should be able to use that tool to resize them.

Or you could delete all but system and C, then shrink C to maybe 80, then make new D, E, F, etc.

So you have a lot of control.

If you have everything backed up to the external, I would disconnect it temporarily. That way you can't make an error and foul that drive up accidentally with the tool.

You had best confirm what is on H:backups.

What is supposedly on E:C&E Conn and why that peculiar name?

Report back with your ideas and results of moving those files with a mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/199250-download-music-exterior-hard-drive-music-videos-partition.html
Relevancy 38.7%

after recent/last update of groove music app in the month of july 2016, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card. i have reset my phone no.of times. it either shows few of the music or it shows finding your music.because of this handsets gets too hot and at the end my phone battery end up very fast.pls help me in this

A:afterlast update of groove music app in july, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question after recent/last update of groove music app in the month of july 2016, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card. i have reset my phone no.of times. it either shows few of the music or it shows finding your music.because of this handsets gets too hot and at the end my phone battery end up very fast.pls help me in this Your phone is desperetly tryin to update all its core apps to 10 last vrs., then cachin and syncin them. Let it finish his work plugged and wifi connected, don't make too much reset too close!!!! It will take a couple of days for stabylizing
That's a general rule, especially for older models

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435366-afterlast-update-groove-music-app-july-my-handset-do-not-show-any-music-stored-my-sd-card.html
Relevancy 38.27%

On this site, and there are many others like it people turn a regular song into something that sounds like it came from Nintendo... What program do they use?

http://jesusnes.ytmnd.com/

Relevancy 38.27%

Not being that experienced, I'm a little confused w/ the way the Library sorts CDs into genres vs the way I could sort the Music Folders. They don't seem to relate. For example, the Library lists an album under "Rock" that I would like to move to another genre but I cannot figure a way to do this. On the other hand, I know I could play around w/ the folders so that this particular CD is in the right place. However, I'm not sure that if I take the time to organize my Music folders whether this will have any impact on how the Library sorts them.
If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks, Nick.

A:Solved: Windows media music library vs music folders

Mp3 music files have tags that are kept inside the files themselves. The most common ones are Artist, Album, Track Title, Track Number, Release Year and Genre. When you put a file into the WMP library, the tags are read and stored, along with the file location.

So the tag data is what shows up in the WMP library and you can sort on various fields depending on which version you have. But the files can be put anywhere and named anyway you like. Most people use a certain naming convention like Artist-TrackNumber-Title.

If you want to sort the folders by genre you could do that, but you'll have to do it manually. You can do some manipulating of folders and filenames with tag editors. If you want to give that a try get Mp3Tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-music-library-vs-music-folders.839137/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys, on my laptop i currently have this issue where my music seems to come up when your in the folder. its in blue writing and has a number in brackets which im presuming is how many files ive got in there or something like that. My computer does not have this and i also wish to remove this from my laptop without having to restore to default folder settings (although that seems to be greyed out to despite me making changes earlier)

A:Music folder displaying a my music option and a number in brackets

Hello MajorFoley,

You should be able to click on View (menu bar) -> Group by -> (none) to change the folder view to what you wanted instead.

File and Folder Arrangement - Group by - Sort by - Arrange by

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309139-music-folder-displaying-my-music-option-number-brackets.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have about 2000 songs on Media Monkey, sorted into playlists, and I also have about 150 songs on Amazon Music. There may be a simple way of adding the Amazon tracks to MM, but I just don't see how it is done. I can't drag and drop, so is there another way? Can anyone help, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-music-tracks-from-amazon-music-to-media-monkey.1164973/
Relevancy 38.27%

ok so im hearing comming from my speakers, some music, but mostly commercials. i was browsing the web and all the sudden i hear "buy a mcdonalds big mac today!" i dont get it i went to task manager and nothing looks weird. here's ahttp://img404.imageshack.us/i/audiosnap.jpg screen shot of active tasks
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but when i went to audio mixer there is a volume tab for "name not available" and if i mute it music goes away....i dont get it. help!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:HELP! music is playing in the background but no music program is open!

Are you close to a radio station's transmitter site and antenna? That sounds like "RFI" (Radio Frequency Interference" getting into your speaker system.

When you get it, unplug the speakers from the PC but leave them powered on and the volume up and see if you still get it. If you do it's RFI and the speaker system is picking it up or it's coming through the AC power line to the speakers. If this just started I would suspect either a bad cable ground or just a dirty plug connection somewhere in the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/93651-help-music-playing-background-but-no-music-program-open.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am having a problem that tons of people are having with the install of the music manager but upon looking for solutions they either work for a small amount of people or they are pages long out of most peoples ability range mine at least and I am avg at least I am first getting an error code and then quot error the instance name passed was not recognized as valid by a wmi data provider quot -- both revolve around the service quot Windows Event Log quot not running I went into the registry on two keys and edited two permissions to allow to no avail I rebooted in Help Google / Music Install Problems...Please Music Manager safe mode ran cmd renamed some file to file upon restarting it is supposed to generate a new file Can anyone Google Music / Music Manager Install Problems...Please Help help One person said it may involve a new installation please no That can't be it I just did one two weeks ago Thanks so much And Happy Thanksgiving Eric

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/google-music-music-manager-install-problems-please-help-614206.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Is anyone else trying to use groove with music on a network share and finds after a random time it loses all found songs. If so is the music on share that is on dynamic or static up. Trying to figure why this happens Posted from an Oric-1

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438815-groove-music-loses-music-network-share.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi anybody can help me how to get Metro Music App to read and play my music library from Synology j network drive Thing is it works fine for standard windows media player so why the heck does it not work for Metro Music App When I select a song from the explorer it is played by metro but where are all the other files I have a Dutch - not yet supported region - Windows Account so cant login music and xbox I have added App music read on Metro Music drive not network does synology shared music folder to my desktop music library but explorer keeps warning me that some features may not Metro Music App does not read music on network drive work so I have also indexed the folder but still no success It gives me the creeps these complications and Windows may be loosing another user to the Apple platform which would mean spending a lot of money to replace my windows home system but at least everything is compatible - I guess please help I tried a lot already

A:Metro Music App does not read music on network drive

Originally Posted by sjengie

Hi, anybody can help me how to get Metro Music App to read and play my music library from Synology 212j+ network drive?
Thing is it works fine for standard windows 8 media player so why the heck does it not work for Metro Music App?

When I select a song from the explorer it is played by metro but where are all the other files?
I have a Dutch - not yet supported region - Windows Account, so cant login music and xbox.
I have added synology shared music folder to my desktop music library but explorer keeps warning me that some features may not work so I have also indexed the folder but still no success

It gives me the creeps these complications and Windows may be loosing another user to the Apple platform (which would mean spending a lot of money to replace my windows home system but at least everything is compatible - I guess)
please help, I tried a lot already

Hi there
Goede Morgen !!

Remember that W8 is still technically in BETA so there is more to come out.
Since multi-media and connectivity is very important this I'm sure will be fixed in the final builds of W8.

I shouldn't base your purchasing requirements against what's in a BETA build of an OS. -- Wait till the Final before making that decision -- and meantime use something like Winamp or plenty of other free music playing apps most of which can also stream to and from smart phones etc.

Cheers (Tot Ziens)

Jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/5731-metro-music-app-does-not-read-music-network-drive.html
Relevancy 38.27%

i tried to drag it but it wouldt let me

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

What version of Windows do you have and which version of WMP?

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to put music files that are in My Music into the WMP library?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.862137/