Windows Support Forum

BSOD - Fresh Hardware & Windows 7 Installation

Q: BSOD - Fresh Hardware & Windows 7 Installation

Been having problems with this new ITX system. Changed motherboard 4 times, changed CPU once. In order to keep it short, I won't elaborate on the problems happened in the last 3 times.

This time around, I get 3 BSODs within a day after installing new motherboard and freshly installed Windows 7 64-bit. The third BSOD happened while running the dump & system collection app.

The necessary files are attached. Additional info below:

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- Reinstalled OS on the system
- OEM version of Windows 7 (disc given)
- Age of hardware: Less than a month (motherboard is only one-day old)
- Age of OS: Less than one-day old

Please help to shed some light on what's wrong.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Lorika

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD - Fresh Hardware & Windows 7 Installation

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD - Fresh Hardware & Windows 7 Installation

Hi,

What Model PSU are you using?

The dump files do not point to a 3rd party driver as a probable cause, meaning that it is either a "hidden" driver or hardware. As your drivers look ok, and you have re-installed several times I suspect hardware on this one.

Run a memtest yet?

Quote:
Memtest - Instructions:

Download the ISO (or the .exe for USB drives) from here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Then (if you have chosen the ISO) burn the ISO using IsoRecorder: ISO Recorder v3 Download (How to use IsoRecorder)

Boot from the CD/USB and run the test (at least 7 passes per test) with only one stick of RAM in place at a time.

It is a time consuming process but it is the only way to be sure it isn't a RAM fault.

For your final test, run the test with all the RAM in place.

Regards,
Reventon

BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 22:40:50.601 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:07:18.835
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffffa8004e784d1, fffff880071fece0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 19:45:36.793 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:24:04.981
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002bea42e, fffff88006d195d0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpCloseHandleTableEntry+3e )
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 17:37:28.869 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:03:47.103
BugCheck A, {fffffa802445e4a2, 2, 0, fffff800028db077}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiInsertTimerTable+157 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100350-bsod-fresh-hardware-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Let me start off by fresh hardware 7 new installation Windows on saying that I have seen several similar posts in these and other forums Windows 7 fresh installation on new hardware but none have exactly the same symptoms as I have with this Windows 7 fresh installation on new hardware problem Backstory I previously had windows dualbooting with Ubuntu on my barebones computer kit with a Nvidia GeForce GT video card upgrade The specifications of this machine were as follows Motherboard - Evga i Processor - Intel core Quad Q at about ghz Memory - x gb gb DDR Power - W HDD - gb Sata details beyond this I either don't know or can't find I decided to upgrade my computer in the hopes of expanding it further later this year so the changes I made were Motherboard - gt Gigabyte GA-H M-USB Processor - gt Intel Core i k at ghz NOT OVERCLOCKED Memory - gt x gb gb DDR at Power - gt W I planned on keeping the HDD the same and doing a system repair to recover the Windows and Ubuntu installations on this hardware Basically I was putting the old harddrive in a completely new computer I tried to run the computer with the video card but quickly found out that the mobo wasnt set up for it yet I started off only using stick of ram as well The bios and post run exactly as they should I made sure the bios settings for the HDD were set to Sata IDE like the old mobo settings I set my cd drive and HDD as first and second boot order respectively and I tried to start up windows from GRUB like normal started to load the windows animation started and then after a few seconds the entire system abruptly turned off - waited a few seconds - and turned itself back on I searched many forums and found similar reactions for hardware changes and tried their solutions First I tried a system recovery the suggested option when loading the OS after the restart It said it couldn't fix any problems Then I tried to use a restore point but this had no effect I put the Win install cd in but it takes full minutes to load then another to setup after the language select then it only asks to reinstall or repair Repair has the same effect as the OS's suggested repair cannot fix problems I tried windows memory test and it said the ram was working fine So I decided to backup my info on flash drives and wipe the HDD and try a clean install wiping both ubuntu and formatting half the drive for and leaving the other half untouched The installation process seemed to be working fine until windows does the first mandatory restart When the computer restarted I first tried to boot from CD again I couldnt remember if the install needed to finish from HDD or if it picked back up on CD but it asked to install so i started over with that and wiped the previous info The second time around I let it boot from the HDD It went through the windows animation displayed a message saying it was editing registry values then abruptly cut off - waited a few seconds - restarted itself and gave me a message saying windows cut off unexpectedly and asked how I wanted to try starting windows Safe mode as well as Normal mode have the same load-off-on-load-off-on-etc effect Any Ideas Sorry for the book and all the quot i tried decided searched quot and thanks in advanced EDIT safe mode stops on loading drivers disk sys and then off-on-etc

A:Windows 7 fresh installation on new hardware

My suggestion is with Win 7 dvd start the install, go to the point where it shows the hdd to install too, you will see at the bottom right of that screen you'll see drive options click that and do delete volumn then do the same to the second partition and leave the whole drive unallocated and x your way all the way out of the install. Shut down with the dvd in the drive and start back up and it should start the install. Have any other hdd's unplugged and sound card removed, also make sure in bios the other hdd's are turned off and if you have onboard sound it's turned off

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/136158-windows-7-fresh-installation-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Several months ago I put windows on my custom desktop and really enjoyed it As of a few weeks ago I started getting random bluescreens They became more and more frequent with wildly ranging error codes Unable to pin down a particular cause I wrote hardware 8.1 Windows Fresh - - BSOD Likely install of it off as random issues with windows With the latest build build my computer has been a nightmare I've seen every bsod under the sun WHEA uncorrectable error IRQL not less or equal critical process died driver manager io violation unexpected kernel mode trap kernel security check failure and I decided enough Fresh install of Windows 8.1 - BSOD - Likely hardware was enough I reset the bios to default settings disabled overclock I reseated all power connections cleaned out all the dust and wiped my boot drives With a fresh install of windows all seemed to be going well Until Fresh install of Windows 8.1 - BSOD - Likely hardware just hours after fresh install I'm watching a movie with my wife and bam WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Just had a second one while typing this Today is not a good day Computer build mostly in Asus z Sabertooth BIOS latest Intel i k Corsair h i Seasonic SS- KM watt x GB OCZ Vertex in RAID x G SKILL Ripjaw X gb DDR EVGA GTX Classified Currently in default bios no OC sfc scannow no integrity violations chkdsk no bad sectors CrystalDiskInfo reports both drives in good health Memory Diagnostic test - no errors I'll probably pull the graphics card tonight but it seems to be either pointing to my power supply my drive array or something equally as random I tend to doubt it is the psu as the problem doesn't seem to come up while gaming or cpu heavy tasks - highest draw If anything it is less frequent no data to back that up though Any help would be greatly appreciated I use my desktop for work and these issues are really killing my productivity Thank you DESKTOP -Fri zip

A:Fresh install of Windows 8.1 - BSOD - Likely hardware

Got a new bsod That I had never seen before today. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32k.sys)

Might remove 2 sticks of RAM just to see if that helps things.

DESKTOP8-Sat_06_27_2015_103414_94.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67839-fresh-install-windows-8-1-bsod-likely-hardware.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Good evening everybody,

I'm new and I've landed here due to a recurrent BSOD on a new machine I've bought for my wife's family abroad, occurring approximatively once a day.

The machine is new, unfortunately bought in a mall but with good components.

With Bluescreenview I hadn't too much luck, so I'm attachiong the latest minidump and going on with the research.

Note that: Not in the latest minidump bsview told me that the problem was the driver i8042.sys (apparently mouse-related) but in all the other minidump the failing driver was always ntoskrnl.exe

I would appreciate any help given by this community!

Thanks,

Samuele

082613-14742-01.zip   23.25KB
  3 downloads

A:Windows 7 Fresh installation BSOD

to the Bleeping Computer forum.

Thanks for providing the crash dump but only one dump file is not much helpful. More than one is necessary to get a pattern. Please follow the below steps.

Upload all the crash dumps for analysis

Open C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy and  zip the entire contents of that folder and either attach it with your next reply or upload to any free file hosting site of your choice. You may have to disable UAC to copy them.

Example file hosting sites :

https://www.box.com/

http://www.mediafire.com/

http://www.sendspace.com

Post the download link to the dumps in next reply.

A Speccy report about your system

Generate a report about your system using Speccy by reading the guide below. Make sure to run the Speccy after running the system about one or more hour. This will give us an indication of current CPU -GPU temperature status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Post the web link displayed by Speccy in next reply.

A Minitoolbox log

Download Minitoolbox from the below link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
    -List installed programs
    -List devices
    -List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply  (or upload the result.txt with dump files)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505702/windows-7-fresh-installation-bsod/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi,

Had various issues with my computer yesterday after removing AVG, so many that my friend (who upgraded my computer - originally packard bell 2390) advised I reinstall windows fresh, which I have done.

After trying to load windows updates onto the fresh install I had a BSOD CDD.DLL, I have attached the dump files etc from the seven forums application.

Hope you can help,
Thanks

A:BSOD after fresh Windows 7 Installation - CDD.DLL

Welcome aboard.

At first, you uninstall the display driver using Driver Fusion, and install an earlier on which was stable there. The October version is a bit problematic in some cases, as you are facing.

Code:
80e0e774 934651c8Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x82e1c8
You need to check for your storage, too.

Code:
80e0eaf0 8c0a87df Ntfs!NtfsCommonCleanup+0x3c1a
80e0eaf4 90f5ddb4
80e0eaf8 8c02995a Ntfs!_SEH_epilog4_GS+0xa
80e0eafc 8c0a89cf Ntfs!NtfsCommonCleanup+0x3e05
80e0eb00 0ce55673
80e0eb04 80e0ed28
80e0eb08 90f5dd64
80e0eb0c 8796a450
80e0eb10 80e0eba0
80e0eb14 8c0aeab0 Ntfs!NtfsOpenExistingPrefixFcb+0x5d3
80e0eb18 8c0aea18 Ntfs!NtfsOpenExistingPrefixFcb+0x540
Reseat the sata and power.
Run chkdsk /f/r, following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/261033-bsod-after-fresh-windows-7-installation-cdd-dll.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello to everyone reading this.
I just installed Windows 8 Enterprise N x64 on a machine thats has been running on Windows 7 Pro x64
without the slightest problem for about a year or so and I ve been getting these BSODs these past 2 days.
The machine crashed two times while surfing the net.Both times watching a youtube video.
Maybe this was random,maybe not.I m just saying...
I never had the slightest problem with Windows 7,so I guess its a software problem.
The latest bugcheck is in the attachment.I vew had 2 BSODs in the last 36 hours.
I m running no A/V program except from Microsoft Defender (part of the OS)
and Malware s Antimalware (latest edition PRO).
Please help me solve this.PC Specs in my profile details if needed.
N.

A:Windows 8 Enterprise N x64 BSOD after fresh installation.

I m sorry I didnt follow the correct posting instructions in the first place.
I did run the SF Diagnostic Tool and posted the new correct zip this time.
Any info/help on my BSOD problem will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
N.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/17159-windows-8-enterprise-n-x64-bsod-after-fresh-installation.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello

This computer has been suffering of sporadic blue screens, so I decided to change the HDD, install windows 7 again. However the problem persists. Here is a minidump file. It seems to be some kind of driver issue but I'm baffled to what it could be. Below is a minidump for those who can decrypher it. The error was a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381325-bsod-driver_power_state_failure-fresh-windows-installation.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I just recently installed a new copy of windows on my OCZ Vertex 3 90GB SSD. When the computer restarted to finish the setup, it gave me a BSOD for .5 second and then restarted my computer.

I have it in my Bios that it's configured where it uses AHCI because for some reason IDE no longer identifies all of my SATA ports and what's plugged in them.

I do not have a factory built PC. I have a Gaming Rig I've built myself. I'm simply at loss of ideas on how to fix this problem I'm having with this SSD.

My stats are as follows:

900 w Rocketfish Gaming PSU
Windows 7 x64
EVGA GTX 460
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
2 SATA HDD
1 IDE HDD

If any more information is needed please let me know. Thanks in advance.

-Lee

A:BSOD Immediately After Fresh Installation of Windows 7 x64 bit

Unplug all other HD's except target SSD and wipe it with Diskpart Clean Command.

Follow these steps to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

If it crashes again test the RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242106-bsod-immediately-after-fresh-installation-windows-7-x64-bit.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Getting a BSOD on a DELL XPS13 (L321X) after fresh install of Windows. I just replaced the MB with a new MB. DELL diagnostics show everything is okay.

Windows 7 - Home Premium - 64 Bit
Intel I7 - 2637M @ 1.7
4 GB onboard memory
120 GB SSD

A:BSOD - Fresh install of Windows - DELL Diagnostics show hardware is ok

Welcome to SF ccwtech .

Usually I would like to have more than one dump file so manually check the minidump folder.

Code:
C:\Windows\minidump
If dump files are present in that folder copy them to the Desktop, zip and upload in your next post.

As for the dump files uploaded;
The bug check is 0x9F which is DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE that happens in
transitions between power states most commonly S0 (ON state) > S3 (Sleep state)
or vice-versa. You can read more HERE.

The most common cause is a device driver but sometimes it's the hardware itself
that is at fault.

Code:
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8004090060, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c3d8, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa8009df5260, The blocked IRP

Code:
!irp fffffa8009df5260
>[ 16, 2] 0 0 fffffa8006e2e050 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs64.sys
\Driver\NETwNs64

Code:
lmvm NETwNs64
start end module name
fffff880`05c15000 fffff880`0649b000 NETwNs64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: NETwNs64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys
Image name: NETwNs64.sys
Timestamp: Sun Sep 18 12:26:48 2011
The driver is very old!

Code:
!devobj fffffa8004090060
Device object (fffffa8004090060) is for:
Cannot read info offset from nt!ObpInfoMaskToOffset
\Driver\pci DriverObject fffffa8003693e70
Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000022 Flags 00001040
DevExt fffffa80040901b0 DevObjExt fffffa80040905d8 DevNode fffffa800408e6e0
ExtensionFlags (0x00000800) DOE_DEFAULT_SD_PRESENT
Characteristics (0x00000100) FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN
AttachedDevice (Upper) fffffa800408f790 \Driver\ACPI
Device queue is not busy.

Code:
!DevExt fffffa80040901b0
PDO Extension, Bus 0x2, Device 0, Function 0.
DevObj 0xfffffa8004090060 Parent FDO DevExt 0xfffffa8004088e00
Device State = PciStarted

Vendor ID 8086 (INTEL) Device ID 0091 (0x0091 Intel? Centrino? Advanced-N 6230)

Header Type 0, Class Base/Sub 02/80 (Network Controller/'Other')

Logical Device Power State: D0 < Also known as S0 see link above.
Device Wake Level: D3 (S3)
Driver Reference Table - NETwNs64.sys
Update - Download

Please update your Intel HD graphics driver as well, using this online utility:

Code:
lmvm igdkmd64
Browse full module list
start end module name
fffff880`04c24000 fffff880`057dbde0 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Browse all global symbols functions data
Timestamp: Wed Jul 20 00:39:50 2011
Driver Reference Table - igdkmd64.sys
Intel? Driver Update Utility
Keep us posted .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312702-bsod-fresh-install-windows-dell-diagnostics-show-hardware-ok.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey guys so the problem has been persisting for awhile. It used to just be one BSOD per fresh startup.

Now I'm just getting them on startup all the time other than some versions of safe mode.

Attached are the minidumps.

Also can someone explain to me why a USB drive refuses to be bootable? I'm trying to use the memtest installer to make it a bootable USB and I can't. This would help answer memory RAM stick suspicions.
I had done a MEMTEST previously for a whole cycle (all 8 tests) and nothing. I figured if anythign was this severe it would show up on the first cycle.

A:BSOD moments after startup (fresh windows installation twice)

Don't forget the MSCONFIG tool to manage boot environment - - it allows partial loading to startups and services to that it's not just all or nothing as is Safe Mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-moments-after-startup-fresh-windows-installation-twice.210048/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello when 10 installation playing, Constant fresh BSOD windows everyone I've been desperate for days on end for this issue to just stop like wishing away a nightmare but Constant BSOD when playing, fresh windows 10 installation it just doesn't and I have tried every solution I could find on google OS - Windows Pro bit but I have another partition with Vista Ultimate on it just in case I need to access the files on my current partition I recently did an upgrade bought an FX- and gigs of ram hyperx mhz on an ASRock GC-GS FX and a MaxCUBE w real power psu The thing is it all went fine for the first days even when the cpu had the subpar stock Constant BSOD when playing, fresh windows 10 installation cooler that came in the box and I put an aftermarket one shortly thereafter all games ran great no system crashes no bsods And one day suddenly I get a BSOD with the message SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and the next one SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED I spoke with some friends and they all advised me to get a clean reinstall and so I did and much to my dismay the bsods actually multiplied All my google searches pointed towards abnormal gpu drivers installations and I followed the gpu driver CLEAN REINSTALL in safe mode and all Tried playing some games bsod again I have three main suspicions My PSU can't handle the new components and shuts down - highly unlikely my pc ran flawlessly for the first few days GPU overheat Even when playing Dota which is not such a demanding game the gpu heat ramps up to degrees This one might be a long shot but after the new os installation since I had to move to another house I purchased a wireless adapter and of course installed its drivers Although it seems highly unlikely it is the only new hardware change up to this point Please help I have not encountered these many issues at once in my whole life and I've been a pc user since more than a decade Full specs Attachements SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip report rar

A:Constant BSOD when playing, fresh windows 10 installation

shameless bump

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/constant-bsod-when-playing-fresh-windows-10-installation-1117042.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, my desktop was having errors so I did a fresh windows 7 install.

Everything seems to be working fine now however I did have an error since and I wanted to send you guys a log to see what the problem is and solve it for good, I think its drivers but i'm not sure.

I've gone through the FAQ and attached the requested files.

? OS - Windows 7
? x64
? Windows 7
? Full Retail
? 6~ but the card is newer, and have since added more ram (4GB) a couple of months ago
? Fresh install of Windows 7, feels much stabler and have had minimal (But persistent) crash

? AMD Black Edition X4 940 Phenom 2 3.0ghz
? XFX Radeon HD 7850
? Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P
? Corsair TX 850W

? Custom built desktop

Laptop or Desktop?

A:BSOD - Fresh Windows 7x64 SP1 installation from Windows 8

Hi,

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high. The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

Code:
BugCheck A, {fffffa7ffffff3e0, 2, 1, fffff80002d03e89}

Code:

2: kd> .trap fffff880`009a9a80
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000015 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002d03e89 rsp=fffff880009a9c10 rbp=00000000000000ff
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000058000000000 r10=0000000000000002
r11=fffff880009a9c08 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
nt!MmZeroPageThread+0x3d4:
fffff800`02d03e89 f0410fba6d1000 lock bts dword ptr [r13+10h],0 ds:00000000`00000010=????????
On the faulting instruction, it failed getting exclusive ownership of the appropriate cache line for the duration of the operation pointed at by the sum of r13+10h = 00000000`00000010 (invalid).

----------------------------------

1. AODDriver2.sys is listed and loaded in your modules list which is AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard. Known BSOD issues in Win7 & 8.

Please uninstall either software ASAP! If you cannot find either software to uninstall, or it's not installed, please navigate to the following filepath:

C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys and rename AODDriver2.sys to AODDriver.2old and then Restart.

2. If the above fails, run Memtest for NO LESS than ~8 passes:

Memtest86+:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled .ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

Do note that some older generation motherboards do not support USB-based booting, therefore your only option is CD (or Floppy if you really wanted to).

How Memtest works (you don't need to read, it's only for those interested in the specifics):

Memtest uses algorithms (specifically two), namely moving inversion & what is deemed Modulo-X. Essentially, the first algorithm fills the memory with a pattern. Starting at the low address, it checks to see if the pattern was changed (it should not have been), writes the patterns complement, increments the address, and repeats. Starting at the highest address (as opposed to the lowest), it follows the same checklist.

The reason for the second algorithm is due to a few limitations, with the first being that not all adjacent cells are being tested for interaction due to modern chips being 4 to 16 bits wide regarding data storage. With that said, patterns are used to go ahead and ensure that all adjacent cells have at least been written with all possible one and zero combinations.

The second is that caching, buffering and out of order execution will interfere with the moving inversions algorithm. However, the second algorithm used is not affected by this. For starting offsets of 0-20, the algorithm will write every 20th location with a pattern, write all other locations with the patterns complement, repeat the previous one (or more) times, and then check every 20th location for the previously mentioned pattern.

Now that you know how Memtest actually works, it's important to know that the tests it goes through all mean something differe... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-fresh-windows-7x64-sp1-installation-from-windows-8-a-878185.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello After many years of experiencing a BSOD I decided to ask the forum BSOD Reformat. Fresh After Hardware? Possibly so it'll be a lot faster and easier with the help of many experts So let's get the story situated I have had a Windows x Ultimate CPU Intel i K clocked at ghz stock voltage Cooler Corsair H Cooler Graphics Zotac GTX TI OC AMP edition RAM Kingston HyperX x GB Ram MHZ DDR Hard Drive Intel GB Solid State quot Motherboard Biostar TP B Power Supply Antec Power Supply W High Current Sound card HT Omega Claro Plus After running the computer for about a year with all updated drivers and such BSODs BSOD After Fresh Reformat. Possibly Hardware? starts to occur At first I assume it was a virus had BSOD After Fresh Reformat. Possibly Hardware? avast before so I decided to fully reformat the hard drive with Windows x Ultimate again I remember reading the BSOD screen and sometimes they had different error codes Strangely sometimes my hard drive would not be detected until I had to restart many times until a successful detection for the SSD would occur So I reformatted however in the process of installing my first driver Nvidia for GTX I got a BSOD Giving up hope I decided to come here and report the problem After that I just installed several drivers but not all Thought I believe it's my hard drive that's failing but I wouldn't mind a second opinion I did transfer some of my old files after a fresh reformat however none of them were exe files except genuine drivers such as nvidia's Included are the dump and report Thanks for the help

A:BSOD After Fresh Reformat. Possibly Hardware?

Try doing a power cycle of the SSD. The following steps should be carried out and take ~1 hour to complete.Power off the system.
Remove all power supplies (ac adapter then battery for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and drain all components of power.
Reconnect all power supplies (battery then ac adapter for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Turn on the system and enter the BIOS (see your manual for the steps to enter the BIOS)
Let the computer remain in the BIOS for 20 minutes.
Follow steps 1-3 and physically remove the SSD from the system by disconnecting the cables for a desktop or disconnecting the drive from the junction for a laptop.
Leave the drive disconnected for 30 seconds to let all power drain from it.
Replace the drive connection(s) and then do steps 4-8 again.
Repeat steps 1-4.
Start your computer normally and run Windows.

The above steps were a result of: Why did my SSD "disappear" from my system? - Crucial Community

While that may not be your drive, a power cycle should be the same on all SSD drives. See how the system responds after the SSD power cycle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235589-bsod-after-fresh-reformat-possibly-hardware.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everyone My mom's pc that I've build is having serious issues The frequence of BSOD's was almost one every hours So I've decided first to format and install Win x ultimate then I installed the up to date drivers Lan sound chipset gpu webcam some were installed via the windows update manager I've installed the USB driver recommended on the Asus website which is a Nec usb controller BSOD's were still happening with fresh Frequent hardware even BSOD install check... and so I've decided to check the Ram using memtest I did passes with no errors Then I tested the CPU and GPU the integrated one as I've noticed that without the GPU on the PCI-E slot BSOD's were less frequent using OCCT for one hour on both with no errors In the end I've uninstalled the USB driver as apparently it was also causing BSOD's I don't know how to check the other hardware such as disks the power supply I changed it recently and the motherboard itself I am now wondering whether it is an hardware or software issue that's why I'm posting here Before I attach the SF diagnostif folder here are the specs of my pc CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition no o c GPU integrated AMD HD and the one on the PCI-E a HD MB Asus M A TD-V EVO USB RAM G Skill Ripjaws GB Mhz Hard drives main WD Caviar Black Frequent BSOD even with fresh install and hardware check... GB secondary Seagate Barracuda GB Power supply Antec HCG W If you could help me I would appreciate it thanks

A:Frequent BSOD even with fresh install and hardware check...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002ad193c, fffff8800a8e6020, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
Probably caused by : klif.sys ( klif+1cd1f )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002ad193c, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800a8e6020, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+13c
fffff800`02ad193c f00fba2e07 lock bts dword ptr [rsi],7
CONTEXT: fffff8800a8e6020 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800a8e6020)
rax=b41699a106dc3d90 rbx=0000000642ea8568 rcx=0000000000000011
rdx=0000000000000062 rsi=94fffa80055cb090 rdi=fffffa8007918060
rip=fffff80002ad193c rsp=fffff8800a8e6a00 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffff78000000008 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88003763180 r12=0000000000000000 r13=fffff88003763180
r14=fffff8800a8e6b10 r15=fffffa8007918168
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac pe cy
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00210213
nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x13c:
fffff800`02ad193c f00fba2e07 lock bts dword ptr [rsi],7 ds:002b:94fffa80`055cb090=????????
Resetting default scope
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002aaab4e to fffff80002ad193c
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a8e6a00 fffff800`02aaab4e : fffffa80`0570ad00 00000000`0000001b 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03763100 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x13c
fffff880`0a8e6aa0 fffff800`02acfdbc : ffffffff`ffb3b4c0 94fffa80`055cb090 fffffa80`0570adf0 fffff880`0186e76f : nt!ExpWaitForResource+0xae
fffff880`0a8e6b10 fffff800`02ad3a53 : 00000000`0013fd20 fffffa80`07918060 fffff880`0a8e6ca0 fffff880`0a8e6bb8 : nt!ExAcquireResourceExclusiveLite+0x14f
fffff880`0a8e6b80 fffff960`001a617d : fffff880`00000023 fffffa80`058a7d30 fffff880`021461f0 00000000`745b2450 : nt!ExEnterPriorityRegionAndAcquireResourceExclusive+0x23
fffff880`0a8e6bb0 fffff880`02100d1f : 00000000`00000000 fffff960`001a5fd6 00000000`00041cff fffff880`0a8e6ca0 : win32k!NtUserCallNoParam+0x19
fffff880`0a8e6be0 00000000`00000000 : fffff960`001a5fd6 00000000`00041cff fffff880`0a8e6ca0 00000000`fffdb000 : klif+0x1cd1f

FOLLOWUP_IP:
klif+1cd1f
fffff880`02100d1f ?? ???
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 5
SYMBOL_NAME: klif+1cd1f
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: klif
IMAGE_NAME: klif.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 522decfc
STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800a8e6020 ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_klif+1cd1f
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_klif+1cd1f
---------
It looks like Kaspersky is responsible for the BSOD's.
Please remove it fo... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315152-frequent-bsod-even-fresh-install-hardware-check.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello A while back i posted a thread for help unfortunately i cleaned the computer before hand with cc cleaner so all logs where gone BSOD occured randomly while using the computer Only browsing etc no gaming or heavy programs Because of deleting all the logs i decided to update all drivers clean the pc and try again The computer is not mine parents in law They only use it for internet They told me it was still getting BSOD so i decided to give it a fresh install I installed an MSDN version of Windows Professional with fresh Prob. instal. issue. BSOD on hardware a legal key The computer ran without any problems updating drivers untilll suddenly a BSOD occured The fresh installation was only hours old with a total use of maybe hours I now installed a x OS before the clean install it ran a x OS of Windows It only has GB of memory Anyone have an idea of what the problem could be I think it hassomething to do with the hardware Thank you in advance

A:BSOD on fresh instal. Prob. hardware issue.

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck A, {29cd030, 2, 1, 828bf9d3}

Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiUnlinkWaitBlocks+41 )
Code:
807debf0 8f6c95d6 intelppm!C1Halt+0x4
807debf4 a79ffa72
807debf8 807ded20
807debfc 8297e854 nt!PpmPerfPolicyLock+0x4
807dec00 00021d2d
807dec04 00021d00
807dec08 807dec28
807dec0c 00000002
807dec10 82814cca hal!HalEndSystemInterrupt+0x6e
807dec14 a79ffa72
807dec18 807dec28
807dec1c 82812479 hal!HalpClockInterruptPn+0x1a1
807dec20 00000002
807dec24 000000d1
807dec28 807ded20
807dec2c 8f6c95d6 intelppm!C1Halt+0x4

Update your CPU driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387723-bsod-fresh-instal-prob-hardware-issue.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Guys just done a fresh Installation and then 3 days later I got this BSOD was wondering if you experts can take a look and give me a heads up on it.

Many thanks

Steve

A:Fresh Installation and then BSOD

Hi Steve. Your dump blames your video driver, atikmdag.sys, a video driver. This driver is up to date. The dump also shows memory corruption and you have more than enough going on to create conflicts and memory corruption.

Quote:
Bugcheck 3B, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory.

It appears that you are running Kaspersky and MSE. The rule is never to run to AV programs simultaneously. This definitely creates conflicts. There are some exceptions to this. Avast and MSE run very well together; but not Kaspersky and MSE. Your version of Kaspersky generally runs well on Win 7. I still recommend that you uninstall it and run only MSE until you know your system is completely stable. Then you can try it again; but uninstall MSE.

You have another security program that is a know cause of BSOD's on some Win 7 systems. I know some banks are pushing this software; but completely uninstall Trusteer Rapport. Here is an article on the subject: MPECS Inc. Blog: Windows 7 BSODs – RapportPG64.sys is the Culprit. Many third party security programs cause conflicts. This is due to Win7's own enhanced internal security coding. I strongly urge you to leave Rapport uninstalled.

You have some very outdated drivers loaded on your system. Obsolete drivers can and do cause conflicts memory corruption and crashes. Update or eliminate these drivers by uninstalling the hardware or software they are associated with. The LG modem is not going to work with Win 7 unless you can update the drivers. If you cannot update the drivers, uninstall the modem.

Quote:
lgx64bus.sys Tue Nov 11 04:15:45 2008 - LG USB Modem Driver, LG Welcome to LG Customer Service & Support. If you cannot update the drivers, uninstall the modem.

lgx64diag.sys Tue Nov 11 04:16:51 2008 - See above

lgx64modem.sys Tue Nov 11 04:16:17 2008 - See above

You have another obsolete, XP driver that is a know Win 7 problem. It is not going to work with Win 7.

Quote:
pcouffin.sys Tue Dec 05 09:39:30 2006 - low level access layer for CD devices (A part of many different CD/DVD burning programs) http://www.vso-software.fr
or rename to pcouffin.BAK and see what CD/DVD program it breaks.

Here is some further reading on pcouffin.sys:

Patin Couffin driver

Pcouffin.sys and missing DVD drives!?!?!?

You can use VSO Clean to remove pcouffin.sys.

Follow all of the suggestions above and see how your system runs. If you reinstall again, make sure the modem is gone and don't reinstall pcouffin.sys or Rapport. Both Rapport and the modem drivers are show in your dump as unloaded modules. This means they well have been involved in the crash.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c63000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ea8e90
Debug session time: Wed Jan 26 19:42:42.591 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 20:47:50.386
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880056c2817, fffff88009d478f0, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+9081... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/140631-fresh-installation-then-bsod.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok sorry if this Fresh BSOD Installation is somewhere else iv searched but cant find another post like im needing Ok so iv got an alternate pc im giving to my Fresh Installation BSOD mom and dad i win and needed to install vista cause vista is the legal copy so anyway i boot into the install cd start the installation it reboots once and when it comes back on its at completing installation it will stay there for about min maybe and then has like an instant bsod i was only able to see the blue screen the first times and it was only up for maybe seconds or so after that it just instanly reboots cant even see the blue screen anymore and then reboots the install never finishes and i cant get it to start back up without starting all over Iv tested the ram theres gigs iv tested the hdd its gigs they both come back as working good iv reseated the ram and the hdd a few times have left it unplugged for a few min and i cant seem to figure out whats wrong Oh and it was running just fine before i tried installing vista i loaded into win messed around alittle was about to pack it up when i thought it would be better to give them a computer with a valid copy and thats when this started Anyone got any ideas for why this is such a troublesom install

A:Fresh Installation BSOD

whats the BSOD Code?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303407/fresh-installation-bsod/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys,This one is really driving my head in. I just did a fresh install with new hardware on my system, never even crashed once before this.I have Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with latest updatesI have an Asus P7P55D-E, with an i7 860 and an Nvidia GTX 460 and 8GB DDR3.The new hardware is two new HDDs. I did not keep my old ones.1x 120GB OCZ Vertex 3. 1x 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black.Both are connected through brand new SATA III cables. I have already tried using both different controllers on my mobo to see if that fixes the problem but to no luck. The BIOS should be set up right with ACPI mode for the HDDs.There is another issue to, my PC refuses to make minidumps. So the best thing I got is a picture of my BSOD I am afraid.

A:BSOD on fresh installation

You have a 2TB SATA drive, so I wondered if this may be relevant to your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426299/bsod-on-fresh-installation/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys..
I have an aged customer who has the HP Compaq NX9105... An old machine, granted, but so is my customer and he can't afford to upgrade it..

The problem I am having is that after a fresh installation of Windows XP (Home or Pro, the problem is the same) I am met with the BSOD on it's initial boot up. The error code is:

0x00000007b, (0xf88c2528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I know this relates to boot sector viruses or SATA / RAID controllers usually but this is not the case in this instance... I know there are no viruses present and the machine has an IDE drive (no option to changes SATA mode in BIOs, etc)... I have replaced the HDD for a new one but my problem remains...

Any ideas as to what else may be causing this?

Many thanks for any input...

A:BSOD First boot after fresh installation of XP...

Not a good error to have on an older system. Since you substituted a different HD with no improvement, it's looking like a mobo problem. Likely an ide controller or possibly a bios problem. See if a flash is available. I hold little hope even then. I'm thinking MOBO. Do you see any capacitors that have leakage at their bases, discolored area on the board or convex tops that indicate swelling?

Edit: I see it's a laptop. Even worse for servicing the mobo. You may have yourself a door stop but stick around, maybe someone else will have an idea.

Edit #2. If that has an AMD processor, do a Google search and see it there is something related to that. I seem to recall there is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-first-boot-after-fresh-installation-of-xp.943212/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hy everybody I'm new here I'm pretty desperate with my problem I bought new PC DDR GB x GB Kingston MHz CL HyperX Genesis KHX MSI GTX MB GDDR N GTX-PM D GD OC Dual-Link DVI x Zalman Z fresh win7 BSOD at x64 installation Plus mid tower case W x H x D mm Procesor Intel BSOD at fresh installation win7 x64 Core i - GHz BSOD at fresh installation win7 x64 Socket box MSI H MA-G Socket CPU Sandy Bridge Intel H OCZ SSD Agility GB MB quot SATA III Native TRIM support XFX Core Edition W PSU - EasyRail technology DVD - LG GH NS DVD RW BSOD at fresh installation win7 x64 x DVD R x DL x CD-R It came already assembled by shop where I bought it I also bought original Windows bit which I decided to install myself I puted win dvd in dvd-rom and started fresh win bit installation Everything went well and PC restarted so it can continue the win installation After pc restarted it came up to ''eneter cd-key'' window and I had no time to enter it pc showed me BSOD After few tries I've installed win ne drivers no programs just fresh new installation but BSOD continued showing I've tried to install from another win dvd I tried to install all drivers latest ones but BSOD still presents I've tested my SSD with HD TUNE PRO but it show NO ERRORS I've also tested both of my DDR memory sticks and memtest shows NO ERRORS BSOD problem x F ''WHO CRASHED'' shows quot This was probably caused by the following module Unknown x Bugcheck code xF x xFFFFFA A D xFFFFFA A B xFFFFF F DB Error CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION quot What am I to do How to solve this problem Is this software driver or hardware problem Please someone help me

A:BSOD at fresh installation win7 x64

Is your BIOS up to date?

What about your SSD firmware?

Those are key for getting an SSD to work properly.
Additionally, reset your SSD hardware/software connection with the BIOS and clear any corruption on it: Try doing a power cycle of the SSD. The following steps should be carried out and take ~1 hour to complete.Power off the system.
Remove all power supplies (ac adapter then battery for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and drain all components of power.
Reconnect all power supplies (battery then ac adapter for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Turn on the system and enter the BIOS (see your manual for the steps to enter the BIOS)
Let the computer remain in the BIOS for 20 minutes.
Follow steps 1-3 and physically remove the SSD from the system by disconnecting the cables for a desktop or disconnecting the drive from the junction for a laptop.
Leave the drive disconnected for 30 seconds to let all power drain from it.
Replace the drive connection(s) and then do steps 4-8 again.
Repeat steps 1-4.
Start your computer normally and run Windows.

The above steps were a result of: Why did my SSD "disappear" from my system? - Crucial Community

While that may not be your drive, a power cycle should be the same on all SSD drives. See how the system responds after the SSD power cycle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236244-bsod-fresh-installation-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I just installed a fresh copy of windows 8.1 on my Asus N53S laptop that comes stock with Windows 7 and now my keyboard shortcuts for volume do not work. Above the F1-F4 keys i have three buttons to mute, increase and decrease the volume which do not work. The keyboard shortcut's for muting, decreasing and increasing volume do not work either (Fn+F10-F12) but the shortcut for decreasing brightness and turning the screen off works (Fn+F5-F7) If there is any way to get this working again, I'd appreciate the help. Having to use the windows volume slider is a bit of a pain.

A:Hardware Buttons not working with fresh install of Windows

Did you download the chipset drivers for the laptop?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/44646-hardware-buttons-not-working-fresh-install-windows.html
Relevancy 60.63%

For some reason my boot drive is incredibly slow to boot and log on.  It's an SSD, and the CPU and Motherboard are new.  All the correct drivers are installed.  The event viewer is flooded with errors, but I have no idea how to interpret them

A:Fresh install of windows, slow boot, new hardware

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491431/fresh-install-of-windows-slow-boot-new-hardware/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there,

I have build several systems but am currently stumped with installing a legitimate copy of XP on a machine I have put together for my brother. The parts are old but I can see no reason why they shouldn't be functional. The stage I am stuck at is at the very start of XP installation after the computer boots from the CDROM and displays the message 'Setup is inspecting you computers hardware configuration...'. I am then presented with a blank screen and can proceed no further. Hardware is all detected successfully in the BIOS and CPU temp is at a stable 40.

HARDWARE
Mobo: Asrock k7VM4
Graphics: Geforce 5200 128MB AGP
RAM: MemoryExpert 1x512MB
Processor: AMD Athlon 2000+ 1667MHz
HDD: IBM Deskstar IDE 60.2GB

As I said all are detected without error in BIOS. Any ideas much appreciated!

A:Fresh installation of Windows XP

did the copy of xp come from another computer thats no longer in service?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fresh-installation-of-windows-xp-301919.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all
I have a computer that has gone threw three upgrades motherboards,cpu's,ram,video cards
and powersupply.It's working Ok.But I figured it's time to reinstall windows xp pro,it's
been running the same OS since 2001 so I need to clean it up.What I want to do is wipe out
everthing,I got another computer networked to it so I can save all the files I need.
I did some research how to go about doing a complete fresh reinstall but am getting different
ways of doing it.I have two hard drives on this computer that I want to wipe clean and
install a fresh version of windows xp pro.What would be the best way to do this? I was
thinking of using free wipe clean software to wipe hard drives and then installing windows,
would that work? Thanks Raner

A:Fresh installation of windows xp pro

My technique is always the same...simply use the MS XP install CD to delete any partition...then continue with the clean install, taking care that all secondary/tertiary, etc. drives (including flash drives) have been temporarily disconnected from both the motherboard and the power supply.Upon completion of the install, I reconnect all other drives, after visiting WinUpdate for all critical updates.My procedures assume that I will retain and use the drives and the system, not pass such on to strangers.Clean Install Procedure with Illustrative Screen Captures - http://www.theeldergeek.com/xp_home_install_-_graphic.htm XP Clean Install, Stevens - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200845/fresh-installation-of-windows-xp-pro/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all First post here Apologies if I mess something up Hardware Upgrade Fresh Random and Windows Install BSODs after Going to include all of the information I can at the top and work from there Current build Intel Core i - K EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Fractal Design Define R Black - xnaasDT - xnaas amp s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker Old build until I update my site Desktop Specs Dump files https p xnaas me - - ziphttps p xnaas me - - ziphttps p xnaas me - - zip How this started So I was running Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install on my old build just fine Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install I wanted to upgrade from an i to make streaming hurt a bit less and maybe experiment around with some server stuff Anyway I went to Fry's on Sunday and bought everything I got Windows installed and everything the following day Feb where the first BSOD occurs When I installed Windows I completely wiped my SSD and did a new install of Windows Pro via USB Installed all my drivers and thought everything would be good to go BSOD on day I thought it couldn't be too big of a deal and went on Where we are now Now I've gotten BSODs I cannot get another one to happen I ran memtest overnight and my RAM completed passes with errors I know this isn't a sure way to know that the RAM is fine but it seems like a pretty good indicator Granted it's Patriot which is like the lowest tier of RAM so it's very likely I just have faulty RAM I've attached SSD and RAM support lists Technically neither is on the list but it seems unlikely that this is the cause Other similar Patriot memory is supported and the smaller version of my SSD is supported All of my drivers are up to date from Nvidia Intel and Gigabyte SSD firmware is up to date Periphels have up-to-date drivers as well I can't see an out-of-date driver being the issue here although my BSODs would seem to indicate that is the case unless there is an obvious hardware failure What to do I have days from Sunday to take anything in for a full refund or swap If this is a hardware issue I'd like to go in and get it remedied immediately If this is a driver issue I'm not really sure what I can do I can't get the BSODs to happen they just happen when they do All of my drivers firmware BIOS etc are up-to-date Should I do a fresh install of Windows again and work from there ----- Any and all feedback ideas etc is greatly appreciated

A:Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install

I should add that I have found no corruption in windows running
Code:
sfc /scannow
or various
Code:
DISM
commands. CHKDSK also returned back to me clean.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39823-random-bsods-after-hardware-upgrade-fresh-windows-install.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all First post here Apologies if I mess something up Going to include all of the information I can at the top and work from there Current build Intel Core i - K EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Fractal Design Define R Black - xnaasDT - xnaas amp s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker Old build until I update my site Desktop Specs Dump files https p xnaas me - - zip https p xnaas me - - zip https p xnaas me - - zip How this started So I was running on my old build just fine I wanted to after Upgrade Random Windows Hardware Install and Fresh BSODs upgrade from an i to make streaming hurt a bit less and maybe experiment around with some server Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install stuff Anyway I went to Fry's on Sunday and bought everything I got Windows installed and everything the following day Feb where the first BSOD occurs When I installed Windows I completely wiped my SSD and did a new install of Windows Pro via Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install USB Installed all my drivers and thought everything would be good to go BSOD on day I thought it couldn't be too big of a deal and went on Where we are now Now I've gotten BSODs I cannot get another one to happen I ran memtest overnight and my RAM completed passes with errors I know this isn't a sure way to know that the RAM is fine but it seems like a pretty good indicator Granted it's Patriot which is like the lowest tier of RAM so it's very likely I just have faulty RAM I've attached SSD and RAM support lists Technically neither is on the list but it seems unlikely that this is the cause Other similar Patriot memory is supported and the smaller version of my SSD is supported All of my drivers are up to date from Nvidia Intel and Gigabyte SSD firmware is up to date Periphels have up-to-date drivers as well I can't see an out-of-date driver being the issue here although my BSODs would seem to indicate that is the case unless there is an obvious hardware failure What to do I have days from Sunday to take anything in for a full refund or swap If this is a hardware issue I'd like to go in and get it remedied immediately If this is a driver issue I'm not really sure what I can do I can't get the BSODs to happen they just happen when they do All of my drivers firmware BIOS etc are up-to-date Should I do a fresh install of Windows again and work from there ----- Any and all feedback ideas etc is greatly appreciated

A:Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install

Please delete this thread. I realize now I just posted into the Windows 7 forums instead of 10. Oops!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390930-random-bsods-after-hardware-upgrade-fresh-windows-install.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I had some issues on my computer a few viruses as well as I somehow screwed up some system files I figured it was time to reinstall windows again so I deleted my only HDD partition created a new partition formatted that partition and reinstalled windows without touching any settings or options windows were acting weired they would pop up active I d click them and on Installation fresh Issues Windows they would de-activate then I d have Issues on fresh Windows Installation to wait like seconds and then I could click them and they acted normal same happens with task bar and start menu however task manager and any other process that has above normal CPU priority has this delay for under a second and also Issues on fresh Windows Installation I can t drag icons around desktop Issues on fresh Windows Installation I can drag onto my desktop drag off of my desktop rearange via the right click menu and delete things no options in the right click menu will help both these errors started before I reinstalled windows and were mostly the reason for the reinstall although before no click and drag would work anywhere for anything but now its just desktop rearrange I really hope that I can get an answer to these problems since a format didn t get rid of it and the hardware is the same as before I really don t know what s going on thanks in advance nbsp

A:Issues on fresh Windows Installation

nvm I figured it out. my mouse was messed up so the middle button was always clicked. I just got a new mouse and it all works now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-on-fresh-windows-installation.733034/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi
my windows freeze after a fresh installation
My MB is DP45SG
2G of ram
graphic card is a xfx nvidia 8800 gts
the freeze is a random freeze fo i don t know what happen
But what i guess is may cause by a driver
but i don t know witch one

A:my windows 7 freeze after a fresh installation

Hope you really did a "clean install" and not an "upgrade".

So you haven't installed any specific drivers, such as for that card? Is this your only computer? If so try booting in safe mode with networking (usually press F8 at startup) and download Nvidia's xfx nvidia 8800 gts driver for Windows 7 Ultimate.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

DP45SG drivers are here....
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...p+Board+DP45SG

That would be a good start.

Check under device manager to check for other driver issues.
Hopefully you error checked the drive before installation. Run an error check on that hard drive too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-windows-7-freeze-after-a-fresh-installation-434715.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

I bought my gaming laptop with Windows 8, SSD and HDD. I want to make a custom installation where I delete all partitions from the SSD and HDD disks and create them all over again (as in delete even any Backup/Recovery partitions, factory settings, etc.). I mean, what should I burn to DVD, should I take some new ISO file and burn setup files from there to DVD with the same Windows 8 version?

Or can I burn to DVD setup files I already have but without any factory settings to do what I want? Also would it recognize the built-in Windows 8 license if I used another ISO? How do I proceed? I am not sure what the backup partition has but I dont think I should be burning it if it is recovery and I want a fresh installation and building of all partitions.

A:Make a fresh installation of Windows 8

Which Brand of Laptop are you using? Please Tell Us.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/23336-make-fresh-installation-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello guys I have recently reinstalled Windows and to be honest I'm not content with the way it moves around So to be short I haven't installed Windows for over years and it was good Recently I just got to notice that it took a slower Fresh Windows though? 7 installation, bit longer to start for me and I had nearly Fresh Windows 7 installation, slower though? all my HDD full GB So I decided to reinstall Windows Now to be honest I'm not happy at all with the way it starts also nearly half of my memory ram is beeing used at start even though I have no big programs installed Even when on idle it uses like half of it Not sure if it's just me but last time I installed Windows it was way better and didn't use that much ram at start I have an obsession with PC perfomance since I reckon I installed windows times in the last hours lol I know that's just stupid Another problem I have is that I don't have my drivers disk which is pretty bad I've been told that once all the windows updates drivers are installed it will run faster and I did so the last time I installed Windows back in and it ran smooth Here's my specs guys the PC is pretty old but it had a good run Quote System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name xxxx-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Fresh Windows 7 installation, slower though? CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB I feel bad for reinstalling it now

A:Fresh Windows 7 installation, slower though?

Bumping this. Am I beeing too hazy in writting? Just to clear it out guys. Right now I have no programs on and 1.14 GB out of 2 are beeing used on nothing, except 6 chrome processes opened(even tho I only have 2 tabs on right now). Also I'm doubtful regarding how my games will run on this(I'm not planning on running the newest ones).

My computer rating is 4.9, I think last time it was better with all the things I had(before reinstalling).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/328827-fresh-windows-7-installation-slower-though.html
Relevancy 58.91%

HELP I just got a whole new system piece by piece I also ordered Windows -bit OEM The hard drive is fresh a Seagate GB SATA internal that has never been used before I booted from the LG DVD CD drive and the installation seems to go fine but when it reboots a few times and it appears to be finished it gets to a screen where it says STARTING Installation ? Windows Fresh Error 7 = Unexpected SERVICES and then it crashes No BSOD just a window that appears on the screen that reads Quote quot The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered and unexpected error Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click quot OK quot to restart the computer and the restart installation quot It has done this every time My computer hardware stats are on my profile but I have an ASUS M A -EM motherboard with AMD Athlon II X CPU and GB Corsair x GB sticks DDR MHz RAM LG DVD-writer multi drive and the GB hard drive The graphics and audio come onboard the motherboard I am using an HDMI cable to connect it to my HDTV which has an HDMI port I have a HANNspree HDMI computer monitor that supports VGA and HDMI But would that cause a problem I don't understand it's supposed to be supereasy to install The instructions that came with Windows just show a quick page that just basically says quot insert disc follow instructions install and Windows 7 Fresh Installation = Unexpected Error ? you're done quot But it's not happening Very confused I can't install motherboard or other drivers until Windows gets installed Anyone else have this problem I can't seem to find any similar threads Thanks

A:Windows 7 Fresh Installation = Unexpected Error ?

Look in bios for Plug and Play OS setting. Set it to yes.

See page 28 in the manual that you can download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/37322-windows-7-fresh-installation-unexpected-error.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I recently bought this Mini PC and installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit on it. The installation went through without problems, I did all the Windows Updates necessary and even though it was a fresh installation it started to freeze periodically. Sometimes the cursor would spin as if the system is working on something, sometimes nothing would happen at all. These freezes can last between half a minute to a few minutes.

I think the Mini PC itself should be strong enough to run Windows 7, so I'm excluding this from my list of possible reasons. The problem now is that I don't know where to start looking. Are there any logs maybe where I could see what is causing those freezes? I know this is very general for a start but maybe I can get there step by step.

A:Fresh Windows 7 installation freezing randomly

Hi and welcome onboard.

Didn't your ZOTAC ZBOX CA320 nano Plus come with Windows 8.1 installed?

Well, I am not going to put my finger into this thread - I am just kickstarting it - but if you perhaps give a full history on how you uninstalled Windows 8.1 and then installed Windows 7, someone else may perhaps pick up scent and help you.

Also give full specifications. My search says it has a 64GB SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343262-fresh-windows-7-installation-freezing-randomly.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Dear All,I have Thinkpad T530 laptop where i faced issue after installing windows 10 update 1607.So i decided to reinstall OS, but after  boot BIOS does  not detect DVD drive.Says some issue of UEFI BIOS.Please advise how to properly install Windows 10 OS from USB DVD drive in thinkpad T530 with UEFI BIOS.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Windows-10-Fresh-installation-on-T530-laptop/td-p/3441831
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I bought a Toshiba with Windows 7 on it five years ago - I want to install an SSD now. Can I use the Belarc website to get the OEM Windows Key which came installed on the Toshiba, download the Windows USB download device, get the ISO from digital river, use to the OEM Windows key when booting up, then install Windows fresh on the SSD?

A:Fresh Installation of Windows 7 using ISO and OEM Key on Toshiba L450

Hi
You should have a sticker on bottom of laptop for the key

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/359691-fresh-installation-windows-7-using-iso-oem-key-toshiba-l450.html
Relevancy 58.91%
A:some infection were found in my fresh windows installation

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602541/some-infection-were-found-in-my-fresh-windows-installation/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an older computer I rebuilt recently that won t stay online It boots fine I can log in and use it for a while then it randomly reboots no BSOD When it comes back up there s a system error in event viewer here s the event description Error installation Windows randomly SP3 reboots Fresh XP code a parameter cc c a parameter c parameter parameter I ve tried flashing the BIOS running a chkdsk did several passes with memtest tried running without AV upgraded all the drivers I can find there s obviously something I m missing but I don t know how to read minidump s was hoping somebody could help Norton Corporate Edition MalwareBytes for AV Malware Fresh Windows XP SP3 installation randomly reboots protection It s an old rig Windows XP Pro SP Build ASUS A N X BIOS Revision nForce Chipset AMD Athlon X DC Nvidia GeForce Fresh Windows XP SP3 installation randomly reboots GTX Soundblaster Audigy ZS Western Digital gb Fresh Windows XP SP3 installation randomly reboots SAS one no RAID gb PC memory can t remember the brand off the top of my head nbsp

A:Fresh Windows XP SP3 installation randomly reboots

Remove Norton, and install Microsoft Security Essentials for test purposes. I have told several Techspot users to do this... and all the Norton stuff has been causing many, many issues of late, this includes McAfee and Kaspersky. Maybe some recent upgrades to Windows Firewall, make Windows unstable using 3rd party antivirus software that tries to "take over" Windows firewall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-windows-xp-sp3-installation-randomly-reboots.179279/
Relevancy 58.91%

Edit Forgot to change subject line before submitting sorry everyone Recently complete 7 installation install cannot the fresh Windows I started building a Windows 7 fresh install cannot complete the installation computer for a friend and upon installing windows I came across a new error During the Completing installation phase after the system restarts I get a Windows 7 fresh install cannot complete the installation popup that says Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware After the computer restarts I get this System is setting up Windows could not complete the installation To install Windows on this computer restart the installation I opened up the cmd prompt in the repair option and located the setuperr txt in the panther folder only to find entries TOOL Sysprep Specialize Bcd There was an error opening the system store Status xC gle x e SYSPRP LaunchDll Failure occurred while executing 'C windows System spbcd dll Sysprep Specialize Bcd' returned error code gle x e IBS Callback Specialize An error occurred while either deciding if we need to specialize or while specializing dwRet x ee After searching high and low nothing I found seemed to help very much Things I've tried so far -Different Hard Drive this time an gig remembering windows sometimes hate tb drives -Less than gigs ram it was a forum suggestion not sure it has weight to it -Reimaging a CD with win iso Reimaging a USB with win iso never know worth a shot right -I tried my win disks all legal I build a lot -Run windows startup repair desperate now Nothing seems to have worked so far System Spec x gig -pin DDR SDRAM PC Refurbished MSI A-G -R AMD Motherboard Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB Internal Hard Drive Bare AMD FX- Vishera -Core GHz EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX GB -Bit GDDR XION AXP- K XE W Windows bit

A:Windows 7 fresh install cannot complete the installation

I fixed the topic title for you. If you want it to something different please let me know and I will change it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573739/windows-7-fresh-install-cannot-complete-the-installation/
Relevancy 58.91%

Windows was preinstalled on my Gateway desktop and did not come with any backup disks I purchased and successfully downloaded activated Windows Ultimate A year later my system became unstable and was advised to reinstall the Windows In so doing Windows was over-written and wiped out the desktop and other installed programs At this point I have re-installed all of these programs and was then alerted by installation Activation 7 Windows Ultimate a of following fresh Microsoft that I needed to activate Windows The activation failed - quot The Software Licensing Service determined that this specified product key can only be used for upgrading not a clean installation quot I have checked the tower Activation of Windows 7 Ultimate following a fresh installation as well the original Activation of Windows 7 Ultimate following a fresh installation shipping box for a label containing the product key for the initial Windows without success Is there any way around now purchasing Windows OS Assuming that this is what I must do Activation of Windows 7 Ultimate following a fresh installation is there any way to download amp install the OS without having to rebuild reinstall all of my additional programs Microsoft has informed me that I must successfully activate the OS within the next days HELP

A:Activation of Windows 7 Ultimate following a fresh installation

See the workarounds here...
Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media | Windows 7 content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows
- or simply try Operator activation.....

telephone activation (operator calls)
Click on the Start button
in the Search box, type
SLUI 4
and hit the Enter key
follow the instructions, but when asked which service you require by the telephone ansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can deal with you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/268261-activation-windows-7-ultimate-following-fresh-installation.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am putting together my own computer and am putting in a 1TB HDD and 120GB SSD. Seems as I cannot get a definitive understanding of whether or not I need to format and partition each of these drives. I want to install Windows 7 on the SSD and use the HDD for other programs and data. So do I format and not format each of these drives?

Thanks,
Fred B

A:Format needed for new SSD and HDD in Windows 7 fresh installation?

Hello fredly and welcome take a look at this tutorial mate.

SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System

Just in case you miss this Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/256983-format-needed-new-ssd-hdd-windows-7-fresh-installation.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My problem is on an old Installation problem 7 fresh Home Premium 64 bit Windows pc I upgraded the hard drive with an ssd gb so I had to do a fresh install Evrything was smooth and fine till Windows had to start updates first of all i had a problem after update the windows Updater but i fixed that one and had of windows updates to do So I tried to update all together and i tried few at a time The problem that I have is that I can only boot windows F disable driver signature if i dont do that i cant load even safe mode Spec Mobo Asus P KPL-VM CPU Intel Duo Core E GHz conroe RAM GB duall channel Mhz HD SSD Adata GB Graphic Nvidia GeForce GT OS Windows HomePrimium SP build Few troubleshooting I did was tried fresh install of WIndows from different CD from USB same ISO to exclude bad install I tried the BCDedit comands to disable driver signature didnt worked Tried the BSDedit command for test mode this didnt worked either although after using F and disable driver signature windows laod in test mode run sigverif and it shows drivers not signed checked few of them and its windows drivers Tried Graphic card drivers didnt notice any problem with them Asus provides me with win b drivers for chipset and Audio Flashed BIOS to latest one Tried also windows didnt worked either Then i tried to boot windows by F and Not restart after failure I got BSOD Fatal System Error c a The Session Manager failed to create protected prefixes system Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit fresh Installation problem process terminated unexpectedly with status of x a x x I strugle with this almost weeks any idea or help needed

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401611-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-fresh-installation-problem.html
Relevancy 58.05%

How long should a quot Windows Checking For Updates quot after reinstalling Win Due to functional performance issues likely due in part to resizing partitions I have reinstalled Win Pro with SP Once installing all of the mother board hardware drivers and verifying that there were no Win Update Windows 7 Ult Time Fresh Of Post Installation unknown hardware devices i e no black exclamation points in Device Manager I initiated a Windows Update check After hours of the quot Checking For Updates quot just moving the green bar I broke down and did another fresh installation but I used my Windows Ultimate w SP I again installed all hardware drivers and started the Windows Update process As of the quot Checking For Updates quot has been running for nearly hours How long should this take I have installed the current version of WUAPP I have also gone in circles trying to find a way to download the updates for offline installation but the farthest I have gotten is directed to the Microsoft Update Catalog but the add-on always fails to install even after reboots I have verified that the update service WUAUSERV is running but I do not see cannot track the service to a Windows Update Time Post Fresh Installation Of Win 7 Ult process e g WUAAPP Is there somewhere to download the post-SP updates for Win Ult Thank you in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a9c900a-08c0-41d3-a306-7222c6be2b68/windows-update-time-post-fresh-installation-of-win-7-ult?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 58.05%

This is a brand new computer and so does not have any OS installed currently, when i try install windows vista, it will stop randomly either while the black and white "windows is loading files" screen is up, or the green windows loading bar imediatly after, or this green windows bar will disapear and then a blank screen will appear. i have tried leaving it for several hours on each part mentioned above but nothign changes.
the hardware is:
-Asus p5q3 delux Mobo
-Intel quad core cpe
-4gb DDR3 Ram
-XFX Geforce 9800 GTX 512MB
-Seagate 320GB HDD

Relevancy 58.05%

My computer had been blue screening at random times for almost - months so I finally had enough and just reformatted the whole thing yesterday and installed a fresh copy of Windows Within like minutes to an hour without having installed anything except google chrome and the ethernet drivers and then letting the computer sit there and run it BSOD BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF C DD BCP FFFFF A D BCP FFFFF A OS Version Service Pack Product Then it BSOD looped a few more times until it finally loaded Windows up again I left it on overnight to see if it would BSOD again Sure enough checked it this morning and it was turned off Turned it on and I had this message BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF E DD BCP FFFFF BD D BCP FFFFF BD OS Version Service Pack Product Please help Getting - BSOD a day and sometimes getting stuck in BSOD loops for hours for the last few months is honestly terrible nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone,

i have just bought my new windows 8.1 original dvd

i formatted my laptop (toshiba P70) and installed all the necessary add-ons and software... so i can say i have a perfectly new laptop :D

my question is the following: is there any free or low-price software i can download or buy online that allows me to make a complete recovery fresh and pure copy of my current windows so in case i got a tough virus or i needed one day to format again my pc, i only have to boot my recovery from a DVD or from a a small partition i reserved on my HDD?

Thank you  

A:Complete recovery software after a fresh windows installation

There is a built in Windows System Image feature, available from File History in the Control Panel.
The option will be at the bottom left, titled "System Image Backup".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549117/complete-recovery-software-after-a-fresh-windows-installation/
Relevancy 58.05%

Note I will get an export Persistant on Install, install All Fresh BSOD New Hardware, with DM Log Collector this evening when I get home from work but I wanted to start collecting some opinions on the subject and I do have a BlueScreenView export to hand I was experiencing a BSOD during Windows Pro Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install x installation on a freshly built computer the installation would get to and BSOD with a variety of errors mostly IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL After about attempts with different UEFI settings disabled Intel NIC XMP Disabled Updated UEFI etc Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install the install stuck and I was able to load into windows thought this was pure chance In its current state the OS boots up fine and I can log in but I have about minutes before I get a BSOD the like of which are attached in a TXT file from BlueScreenView I will get the proper DM Log Collector files this evening I have tried Checking CPU temperature Degrees C Updating MB UEFIDisabling and disconnecting NICs as I found several threads on google identifying Intel NIC drivers as a possible causeReseating all hardware and power cablesRemoving each stick of RAM in turnInstalling from UEFI and LegacyDifferent media VL image Media Creation Tool Image Installing from USB amp USB PortsWith and without XMPInstalling Chipset drivers in the minute I have in the OSUninstalling video drivers in the minute I have in the OS as I remember hearing about significant issues with Windows and nVidia DriversInstalling latest nVidia Drivers in the minute I have in the OSUninstalling the Intel NIC Drivers in the minute I have in the OSRemoving DISK WD Red TB And I have now reached the point where I am running out of troubleshooting options I do not have any spare components to trial and error with except a spare GTX amp on-board graphics and another power supply I have a few things I plan to try next from reading the forums Disable all but core to highlight a CPU fault if any Manually set DRAM configuration instead of relying on XPM Install a different operating system to help identify if hardware or driver related My System Specs are as follows Motherboard Asus SABERTOOTH Z MARK CPU Intel Core i K S Stock Speeds GFX EVGA GeForce GTX SC GAMING ACX RAM GB x GB Corsair DDR Vengeance LPX Black PC - Non-ECC Unbuffered CAS - - - XMP V CMK GX M B C I have just learned that this memory is not listed in the Qualified Vendors List for my Motherboard an oversight on my part at the time of purchase perhaps the cause http dlcdnet asus com pub ASUS mb PSU W Corsair RM x SeriesOS Windows Pro x DISK GB Samsung EVO quot SSD SATA IIIDISK WD Red TB Any help with this would be much appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61216-fresh-install-all-new-hardware-persistant-bsod-install.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello

Ive upgraded my system with new motherboard, cpu, ssd, ddr4 and psu. installed windows again but it seems to use fairly high amount of ram even if everything is disabled from msconfig (except the avast antivirus) as it didnt get disabled even if marked.

with all currently installed programs are enabled the ram usage is 6.8gb/16gb and with all disabled is shown on the picture that ive attached.

If i remember right, when the windows was just first time started the ram usage was much lower. but after installing the programs that i had before and will need, it raised quite alot. But i cant seem to add up where all those gb's are used.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/383609-high-idle-ram-usage-right-start-fresh-windows-installation.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I purchased HP ay503tx model which came with DOS. I downloaded windows 7 x64 ISO and I had orginal licence with me. But when I try to install windows 7 via usb it won;t let me.  After booting from USB, it get upto page which says install windows. and when I press install, it throws an error that "no device driver found". I can't see any HDD where to install the fresh windows.  I have seen many solutions like trying in usb 3.0 port etc but to no avail. Please help me out . 

A:fresh windows installation error- no device driver issue, ca...

lkmeena Appears the installer is not seeing the hard drive -- probably because there is no SATA controller driver installed. My suggestion is to do the following:1) Goto the Win7 drivers page for your PC and download the Intel Chipset Installation driver under Driver-Chipset:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ay500-Notebook-PC-series/12229013/model/136736... 2) That will download file sp75505.exe -- which is a self-extracting archive.  Run that file.  That will extract the files from that archive 3) Copy the extracted files to a USB stick 4) When you then reboot your PC from the Win7 install media, press F6 to get a screen that will allow you to install the chipset drivers. After that, the PC should then see the hardrive.  You may have to reboot for that to happen.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/fresh-windows-installation-error-no-device-driver-issue-can/td-p/5801211
Relevancy 57.62%

Just wondering if anyone had some imput on the best free apps to run on a brand new installation of xp sp2... mainly Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, software based firewall... ect. The rules change from time to time, and I have not been following the changes for some time, so I thought I would create a thread and ask for some advice here..

I usually run:
Free AVG AV
the new free AVG antispyware
adaware... scan about once a month
spybot to immunize... ocasionally scan.
Firefox for my web browser.

I used to run zone alarm, but found it was interfering alot with my ability to network my home computers... That could be a secondary question... Is there a way to run a software based firewall so that it does not interfere with networking within a home workgroup?

your advice is appreciated. Thanks!

A:What are the best free scurity apps to install on fresh installation of windows xp?

Good free tools and advice on how to tighten your security settings.

Security Help Tools

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-the-best-free-scurity-apps-to-install-on-fresh-installation-of-windows-xp.547920/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Experts

Yesterday I bought a brand new Asus K53SM laptop, I tried to install windows 7 in it, but unfortunately at the time of partion window, it do not detect Harddisk and says "Mass Storage Controller has no driver, windows update can't find a driver"

I believe that it is not able to find the hard disk.

Also in BIOS, I am unable to see the hard disk, I tried to update the BIOS but it is already up to date. I can see the HDD light blinks when I keep AHCI changed to IDE in BIOS, but not with AHCI.

Please help me

PS: Tried installation with a DVD and USB stick, Present BIOS 211.

regards
Pankaj

A:Windows 7 Installation(fresh) problem with Asus K53SM Laptop

Hi Pankaj,

What OS are you currently running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/249884-windows-7-installation-fresh-problem-asus-k53sm-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,
i have emachines e730 notebook. with windows 7
its intel core i3-330 m processor, 2gb ddr3 memory
320 gb hdd.

the problem i am facing is that my machine does not boots up.
i tried putting recovery disc, but it hangs at window showing please wait!!!!
Next, i tried for fresh installation of windows 7 but it also hangs at a window displaying "SETUP IS STARTING".

any suggestions??
am struggling with it for the past 3 days
i tried reading many threads in the forum but am not confident and sure what steps to take.
i have taken back up of my data using ubuntu live, so if i have to format the hard disk there will be no issue
also one more question, can i delete all of my files using ubuntu live and then try to install windows 7 ???

A:windows 7 fresh installation: hangs at setup is starting window

Is there still an installation to attempt repairs? If so boot into System Recovery Options to run Startup Repair repeatedly.

If this is only a failed install at this point, try wiping the HD: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Where did you get Win7? Did you burn the DVD yourself? Has it worked before to install successfully? If not confirm the ISO and burn another DVD using IMgBurn at 4x speed, or write ISO (extracted using ImgBurn) to flash stick using Universal USB Installer, boot under USB, Removable or HD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/204231-windows-7-fresh-installation-hangs-setup-starting-window.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So basically I've been dealing with this installation. windows on update black cursor 10 screen no fresh after issue ever since I've upgraded to windows months ago I've done disk checks sata port checks almost everything under the sun and still have not found a solution to my problem Months ago anytime my computer was shut down for more than an hour or I would encounter an interesting unique problem After booting and loading the bios screen the next screen would be black and would hang there and I would have to hard reset and try again I would keep having to hard reset until it would boot into the Windows Boot Manager and from there I would hit black screen no cursor after update on fresh windows 10 installation. the Reset button or go to the advanced settings and hit continue to windows and it would from there boot into windows successfully AHA now you must be thinking quot Simple work around Simply boot into the Windows Boot Manager every time you shut down your computer and easily but annoyingly bootleg boot into windows everytime using the Boot Manager options quot and I thought the same Unfortunately unless I let my computer get to the boot manager by hard resets at that black screen I cant get windows to boot If any of you have any suggestions please let me know I've reinstalled windows again for the nd time on a new ssd in hopes that it was a drive issue but that does not seem to be the case This is my second install of windows on this ssd This time I've installed windows HOME instead of Pro Does anyone know if I've wasted a write cycle on this new Samsung evo I just received it in the mail and would rather not waste its lifespan on trouble shooting I do NOT boot into a black screen with a cursor EDIT There is now something I'm going to call quot The Event quot After a fresh install my windows will freeze however i can move my mouse but no keyboard commands work and I from this point have to force reset my computer AFTER i FORCE RESET when my computer is shut down for a couple of hours i encounter the boot problem so this quot EVENT quot has something to do with whats causing this issue The Event was different when windows was installed on my TB HDD everything would lock up rather then being able to use my mouse and it would force reset on its own

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi All I'm hoping someone will be able to help I believe I have a genuine copy of Windows home premium as I've been using it without problems for the last year I've recently installed a new gigabyte motherboard and i processor so decided to do a clean install of windows using my original disk It all installed Code 0x80072F8F Windows installation Error fresh issue okay but after a few days windows expired and every time I've tried to activate by typing or phoning with my original product key I have been unsuccessful It says a problem occurred when windows tried to activate Error Code x F F I've also tried ligit check and got the following report using the diagnostic tool Thanks in Advance Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- WGA Data-- gt Validation Status Invalid License Validation Code Cached Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - - GGD-QGJ F-VW P Windows Product Key Hash HBK e aZ UJA tON m RRWnWI Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID B CF -F B- E -B - FC B E Is Admin Yes TestCab x WGA Version N Windows fresh installation issue Error Code 0x80072F8F A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x WGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- Windows fresh installation issue Error Code 0x80072F8F gt Office Status N A Windows fresh installation issue Error Code 0x80072F8F OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B CF -F B- E -B - FC B E lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -VW P lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt To be filled by O E M lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F FB FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA SLP channel Activation ID e a a-f f - -b bd-ba e a d f Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microso... Read more

A:Windows fresh installation issue Error Code 0x80072F8F

It says this is an OEM copy of Win7. Did you buy an OEM retail copy or are you reinstalling Factory OEM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/312395-windows-fresh-installation-issue-error-code-0x80072f8f.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I m running Windows XP Pro SP on a GHz computer with MB of RAM I just finished reformatting my GB hard drive and the installation of the operating system is brand spanking new and default When booting up I noticed it takes an insanely long time I m not sure what is causing it but I ll describe it as best as I can It runs through the normal BIOS stuff just fine very quickly as I have it set up to do so But that is when it stops immediately after BIOS I get a completely black screen with no text or anything to indicate what is going Slow XP Fresh Windows Installation Solved: Pro, Drive, OS Reformatted Boot, on I only see a white segmented progress bar sort of reminiscent of the Windows K loading screen There is no now loading Windows XP no icons or logos none of the normal stuff you d expect The entire process takes between - minutes though I ve not timed it exactly All I know is that it wasn t like this before I m at a complete loss I haven t installed any new programs yet I m not connected to the internet with this computer Solved: Windows XP Pro, Slow Boot, Reformatted Drive, Fresh OS Installation the only thing I ve put on the machine is a backup of various files prior to my wipe Solved: Windows XP Pro, Slow Boot, Reformatted Drive, Fresh OS Installation such as Solved: Windows XP Pro, Slow Boot, Reformatted Drive, Fresh OS Installation images text documents pdf s etc But this was an issue prior to me doing so Any ideas Oh and thank you for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Windows XP Pro, Slow Boot, Reformatted Drive, Fresh OS Installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-pro-slow-boot-reformatted-drive-fresh-os-installation.710325/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello nbsp I have a fresh install of Windows Ultimate -bit on my HP Envy desktop I installed it myself everything went fine However now when I'm setting up Windows on Fresh Windows" Stuck 7 "Set on - Windows Installation Up the screen where it says Choose a user name for your account and name your Stuck on "Set Up Windows" - Fresh Windows 7 Installation computer to distinguish it on the network the keyboard nor the mouse work nbsp The mouse's light on the bottom is on and both work before I boot into Windows ie the BIOS and both are plugged into USB ports I have tried the different USB ports around the system but that hasn't worked at this point even though both the mouse and the Stuck on "Set Up Windows" - Fresh Windows 7 Installation keyboard worked during the earlier points of the install before the restart brought me to this screen I have tried disabling Legacy Support in the BIOS but that just returns an error saying Boot Device Not Found I have tried another keyboard which I know works on other systems no difference here I've researched online that some users recommend using a PS keyboard but there's no port for one on this machine I'm literally steps from getting into my operating system but none of the USB devices work I've also seen suggestions about disabling EHCI or XCHI nbsp Pre-Boot Driver settings in the BIOS but I can't even find those on this BIOS nbsp Does anyone know if maybe I'm missing a BIOS setting that could help me here or something Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Stuck-on-quot-Set-Up-Windows-quot-Fresh-Windows-7/td-p/5668962
Relevancy 56.33%

I've noticed a lot of people having problems with Windows Update not working correctly after performing a fresh installation of Windows 7 x64 post April 2016.

Try installing KB3102810 previous to running Windows Update:
www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49540

Hope that solves your problem too!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3572e02a-e5b0-4948-bad4-9873670f8b12/windows-7-fresh-installation-windows-update-fix?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 55.47%

I just recently installed a new motherboard graphics card gb RAM and a w power supply unit Upon installation I can now no longer boot into Windows I am pushed into a quot Windows Error Recovery quot where I can choose from two options quot Launch Startup Repair quot or quot Start Windows Normally quot both of which end up with me having to restart the computer and eventually get back to this screen Before getting to this screen I do see a message Installation. Windows Hardware Boot HELP! Will Not After for a brief second that reads quot AMD Data Change Update New Data to DMI quot Here are my computer specs as of right now items in bold are new as of today and are the cause of the problem as far as I can tell Compaq CQ F AMD Athlon II u Processor Windows bit gb RAM DDR Gigabyte LMT-S P Motherboard EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX Ti Graphics Card W Power Supply I tried a system restore from about a week ago with zero results I REALLY do not want to have to do a complete restore back to factory specs I Windows Will Not Boot After Hardware Installation. HELP! do have the disc and all to do this however as I don't have another hard-drive to back all of my files onto I cannot Windows Will Not Boot After Hardware Installation. HELP! afford to lose what's on there Can anyone help me This has been a week-long fiasco with Micro Center giving me the wrong hardware and a lot of running around to clean up their mess since they are unwilling Now this happens and all they can tell me is to make another mile drive for them to quot see what they can do quot and charge me loads of money to do it I'm over wasting my time gas and patience with these fools Thanks -Tyler

A:Windows Will Not Boot After Hardware Installation. HELP!

You'll probably have to do a clean install. You have changed boards, and the new board will not run on the old board's drivers. Just hook your hard drive up as an external on another machine and copy your info, or try to copy/paste from the recovery console. You will need someplace to store the info, like an external hard drive. Then format your hard drive and do a clean install. Download the drivers from Gigabyte's website and EVGA's/Nvidia site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223622-windows-will-not-boot-after-hardware-installation-help.html
Relevancy 55.47%

We have got the error as listed below at the time of installation of windows 7 in Dell 520 Laptop. We have diagnose the memory too but couldn?t find any error in that. Please check what could be the issue and if you have faced the same issue there.

Please provide some solution for PM too that was communicated in a separate mail to you.

Error:
*** Hardware Malfunction***
Call your Hardware vendor For Support
NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error
*** The System Has Halted ***

A:Hardware error while windows 7 installation

Points to RAM I reckon. Boot from the CD but into the repair mode and run windows memory diags.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/64083-hardware-error-while-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 54.61%

HARDWARE RAID ACTIVATION POST WIN OS INSTALL Hardware RAID Windows install OS after installation 7 Installing a RAID array during a new system build is not so difficult but Once I decided I wanted a RAID array on my existing Win PC I quickly discovered that it is not easy to accomplish that particular wish However it can be achieved without hacking the registry Here is the procedure that worked for me Goal to install a pair of TB WD Caviar blacks in Hardware RAID on an already installed Hardware RAID installation after Windows 7 OS install Win system Win OS resides on a separate GB SSD boot disk Motherboard ASUS P X PRO SATA Ports as follows x Intel SATA x Intel SATA x Marvel SATA CPU i GB OS Win Professional x Drives in final configurations SSD GB Win Drive On Intel SATA controller Non RAID assigned but controller in RAID mode SSD GB Data Drive On Intel SATA controller Non RAID assigned but controller in RAID mode x TB Internal non RAID drive to backup RAID array RPM MB on Marvel SATA Controller AHCI x TB Caviar Black in RAID RPM MB on Intel SATA controller in RAID mode x TB External USB Drives Backups x DVD on Intel SATA controller Non RAID assigned but controller in RAID mode Issue Once windows is installed without RAID it is difficult to get it to recognise RAID hardware If you install RAID drivers without the RAID hardware enabled the drivers do not fully install If you enable the RAID hardware without drivers installed windows will crash on boot Catch Outline of procedure Part install the latest RAID drivers while the SATA ports are in AHCI mode Juggle the boot amp RAID disks to appropriate SATA ports temporarily Enable RAID in BIOS and set it up with its POST utility With RAID hardware enabled Windows driver install can be completed Disks are reorganised onto their appropriate controllers if necessary The BIOS is tidied up amp the RAID disks are finalised for use in diskmgr or partition wizard Detailed Procedure I flashed the motherboard BIOS to its latest version Begin with BIOS in SATA controller in AHCI mode for all disk controllers I backed up C drive to External Disk prior to messing with RAID drivers Win Norton Ghost amp Partition wizard recovery disks were on hand Downloaded and installed latest Asmedia SATA Controller driver V using the provided setup exe Reboot Downloaded amp installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise IRST driver using the setup exe Reboot This is the RAID driver and it gets partly installed at this step Backed up again post driver install Copied these drivers to USB for use later in the process You may note that diskmgr now has some RAID functionality in its menu options but we are not done yet Turn off PC Physically connect boot drive SSD amp CD to Marvel SATA controller Put RAID drives on the Intel SATA controllers Boot to BIOS switch BIOS from AHCI to RAID Check set boot sequence to DVD st SSD boot disk nd Save amp Exit Reboot Pass the BIOS but enter the IRST RAID by CTRL-I during POST Assign the two Caviar disks to RAID K Save Exit Reboot If all has gone well at this point it will boot into windows If the driver installation hasn t succeeded windows will BSOD during the load If it hangs put the drives amp bios back to their original settings and windows will probably load fine in which case you can re-attempt to load the SATA amp RAID drivers If Windows won t boot restore the C drive from backup and then reattempt to load the drivers Carrying on as if Windows booted successfully after setting BIOS SATA to RAID Windows will now detect the active RAID Controller hardware I had to direct windows to the drivers I had placed on the USB key Those drivers were recognised amp installed correctly reboot Check that the system boots correctly drive letters may have jumped around but don t reset them yet Turn off the system Now I placed my SSDs on the GB Intel SATA ports and my DVD on the SATA ports with the RAID disks Next I booted to the BIOS and checked set the boot sequence to DVD st ... Read more

A:Hardware RAID installation after Windows 7 OS install

Here is a pic showing various driver details etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/257866-hardware-raid-installation-after-windows-7-os-install.html
Relevancy 54.18%

After accidentally leaving Automatic Updates on windows installed updates at a time Somehow this caused my wireless modem to stop functioning I finally bought a new modem but unfortunately its installation sticks at the installation hardware problems Windows update caused exact same point the old one did leading me to believe it is a hardware independent problem When I run the installation software everything goes smoothly up until the point when I shut down in order to physically install the hardware Upon rebooting the installation is supposed to hand over to the New Hardware Wizard which it does However even when I tell the Wizard exactly Windows update caused hardware installation problems where to find the proper drivers it fails to find them The only other option the Wizard has is to Windows update caused hardware installation problems connect to the Windows update caused hardware installation problems internet which I can t do After that it just tells me that the install has failed I know they are the current drivers as they come directly from the company website I ve tried reinstalling the drivers from the Device Manager but the New Hardware Wizard just opens again with the same results The problem only appeared after all the updates installed so I wonder if uninstalling some of the more recent updates would fix the problem but I am unsure how to do this I just want to get one modem or the other equipped with the proper drivers If anyone could help me do this I would be eternally grateful nbsp

A:Windows update caused hardware installation problems

Try pointing the New Hardware Wizard to:

c:\windows\INF

This is a hidden directory and you have to have "show hidden files" enabled in Folder Options > View to find it.

If that resolves the problem, make sure your install path in the registry conforms to the screenshot

Otherwise ...
What I would do is run System Restore and return to a date prior to the updates install. This will effectively uninstall them.

Then if the issue is resolved you can go to Windows update and just install a couple at a time and test the results.

Run: msconfig and select Launch System Restore. You should actually see some restore points for each of the major updates.

You can backtrack that way. The last restore can be undone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-caused-hardware-installation-problems.512110/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I Fresh fresh system Random install, - BSOD have installed a whole new windows pro x My new Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system mobo an ASus p e pro along with new ram pc gskill x ddr running in mhz due to my q Everythingi s running perfectly except some random BSOD total this week I have posted a pack of dump file in here the last ones are the ones that represent the BSOD I had and that I cannot explain the others ones are for various reasons crashes who happenned during installation but Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system that I was able to resolve What is weird is that my BSOD only happenned when I was surfing explorer on when the CPU was idle at night with utorrent running today mc pc got BSOD at AM after night or running perfectly it is open since then and running perfectly again All the afternoon for hours it loaded utorrent I cam back from the university and started to play empire total war and lot of MW multiplayer Everything is working perfectly no BSOD But I'm afraid to leave my pc open this night when the BSOD happen I usually have to reboot manually because if it reboot by itself it lead to a DOS screen saying to select a boot device Help me someone I cannot believe me G-skill memory are faulty otherwise they would have failed in-game I suspect nvidia drivers can be responsible for thoses bluescreen The power management tool is not working properly and whatever the option I choose in the nvidia panel it will sometimes lower my frequencies and sometimes it will keep the stock one A strange thing also is that my CPU is lowering it's speed in a kind of power saving option but I turned intel speedstep off so it should not do it should it IS there a problem running pc in mhz I do not want to maintain my FSB to north bridge to mhz all the time cause it heat my system a lot I use that function from time to time for hard gaming sessions crysis for example PLease help Thanks for your help already

A:Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system

I think I must also mention that BSOD didnt always give the same message, wich lead me to confusion in my troubleshooting research.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/55675-random-bsod-fresh-install-fresh-system.html
Relevancy 53.75%

What are the Hardware/Software issues relevant to the installation of Microsoft windows?
I tried browsing the web but i could'nt find anything solid enough
please..anything that pertains to windows it self is also apprciated..
thanks

A:What are the Hardware/Software issues relevant to the installation of Microsoft windows

What OS do you want to install.

What are your own system specifications.

If you Google "requirements for installing Windows", you will get numerous links
relating to the different Windows Operating Systems, including KB articles from Microsoft,
which list the recommended specifications.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291234/what-are-the-hardwaresoftware-issues-relevant-to-the-installation-of-microsoft-windows/
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm sorry but I'm new of SSD into restarts Fresh 8.1, on BSOD install Fresh at this but I'm at a loss at what I'm suppose to do Just got in the mail ssd's and the HD video card along Fresh install on Fresh SSD of 8.1, restarts into BSOD with a copy of windows complete retail My boot ssd one Fresh install on Fresh SSD of 8.1, restarts into BSOD I'm trying to install on is a gb Mushkin and the other is the one I was going to put games on the gb Mushkin So I hooked the gb one up and put in my install disk for the bit of windows It went through the install fine then it said it needed to restart to complete and when it restarted it gave me the black screen of death It sat there for over minutes then the screen turned to a yellowish orange So I formatted the ssd reinstalled fresh again Same thing I then tried the gb thinking maybe I had a bad ssd Same thing Then I tried an old gb Seagate that I knew worked but I formatted it and installed Same thing So back to the gb I went formatted reinstalled then it did the black screen again So I tried booting over a couple times till it gave me the option to start in safe mode with networking It started in a black screen with the blue windows logo and stayed there for an hour I then tried the command prompt methods of BOOTREC FIXMBR BOOTREC FIXBOOT BOOTREC REBUILDBCD and restarted with same black screen after the rebuildbcd it said copies of windows So I tried to start using the install CD as a recovery drive it brought up the option to install windows I'm not sure how I can get dumps or test stuff if there is no way for me to even get to the actual explorer other than the black screen or the black screen with the blue window logo or even he more rare black screen with underscore blinking Can someone please help me out because after two days I'm at a loss here thanks Mitchell

A:Fresh install on Fresh SSD of 8.1, restarts into BSOD

Hi MitchellTyner,

First, I looked up your motherboard and it does not formally support any OS beyond Windows 7 so that could be an issue right off the bat; however, if you are running the latest BIOS, you could try and set your BIOS to default values and try that clean install without the 7870 first. Then, if it works, you could try installing the 7870 thereafter. BTW, good luck in finding all the correct drivers for your older hardware as well.

Clean Install - Windows 8

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43370-fresh-install-fresh-ssd-8-1-restarts-into-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I'm having BSOD after my fresh Install of Windows 7 64bit. I have updated all of my drivers but it continues to have BSOD no matter what. I'm currently running out of ideas as to how to solve this problem, So please I really need the help.

A:BSOD After Fresh Windows 7

Hello SeclusiveGTRS, Welcome to SF!

Quote:
Please go to your Maintenance Center and check the Windows Update status. Make sure you are up to date, do them one by one manually if needed.
For help or reset see: Windows Update - Reset

Your dump quotes memory corruption, which could be caused by anything (HW/BIOS or drivers: W7 or third party)

After finishing Windows updates... if still BSOD, then start a memory test:
Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Please post back results + upload any new dumps

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179270-bsod-after-fresh-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello My computer has been BSODing so I reformatted on fresh BSOD 64-bit 7 Windows couple of days ago Everything seemed okay but it BSOD d again today Here s the dump of the error Code Opened log file 'c debuglog txt' kd gt sympath srv c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is srv c symbols http msdl BSOD on fresh Windows 7 64-bit microsoft com download symbols Expanded Symbol search path is srv c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols kd gt reload analyze -v r kv lmnt logclose BSOD on fresh Windows 7 64-bit q Loading Kernel Symbols Page c a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff da Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg fffff c Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ Page c a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP nt PspDereferenceQuotaBlock fffff da f ff lock add dword ptr rcx h FFFFFFFFh CONTEXT fffff c -- cxr xfffff c cxr xfffff c rax rbx rcx rdx fffff e rsi rdi fffffa d rip fffff da rsp fffff c a rbp fffffa a c b r fffff a a c ce r r r fffff c af r r r fffffa a c b r iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe nc cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl nt PspDereferenceQuotaBlock x fffff da f ff lock add dword ptr rcx h FFFFFFFFh ds b cxr Resetting default scope DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME plugin-contain CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff c to fffff da STACK TEXT fffff c a fffff c fffffa a c d fffffa a c b fffff c a c nt PspDereferenceQuotaBlock x fffff c a fffff d c fffffa b b f fffffa d nt ObpFreeObject xf fffff c aa fffff c fffffa b b f fffffa b nt ObfDereferenceObject xdc fffff c b fffff c a fffffa b b f fffff a a e nt ObpCloseHandleTableEntry xc fffff c b fffff cd d fffffa b fffff c c fffdb fffffa ac nt ObpCloseHandle x fffff c be a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x ae f x a FOLLOWUP IP nt PspDereferenceQuotaBlock fffff da f ff lock add dword ptr rcx h FFFFFFFFh SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt PspDereferenceQuotaBlock FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP ce a STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff c kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X x B nt PspDereferenceQuotaBlock BUCKET ID X x B nt PspDereferenceQuotaBlock Followup MachineOwner --------- rax fffff c rbx fffff rcx b rdx c rsi fffff e rdi rip fffff ce rsp fffff c rbp r fffff da r fffff c r r fffff c r fffff cd d r fffff d c r fffff cd c r iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe nc cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl nt KeBugCheckEx fffff ce c mov qword ptr rsp rcx ss fffff c b Child-SP RetAddr Args to Child Call Site fffff c fffff cdbe b c fffff da fffff c nt KeBugCheckEx fffff c fffff cd c fffff c b fffff b ef nt KiBugCheckDispatch x fffff c c fffff f f d fffff e c c fffff c c fffff e fffff c e nt KiSystemServiceHandler x c fffff c fffff f d fffff fffff c fffff c e fffff e nt RtlpExecuteHandlerForException xd fffff c fffff dc fffff c e fffff c fffff fffffa d nt RtlDispatchException x fffff c fffff cdcc fffff c e fffff c nt KiDispatchException x fffff c b fffff cc a nt KiExceptionDispatch xc fffff c fffff da fffff c d fffff ed fffff c d c fffff c a c nt KiPageFault x a TrapFrame fffff c fffff c a fffff c fffffa a c d fffffa a c b fffff c a c nt PspDereferenceQuotaBlock x fffff c a fffff d c fffffa b b f fffffa d nt ObpFreeObject xf fffff c aa fffff c fffffa b b f fffffa b nt ObfDereferenceObject xdc fffff c b fffff c a fffffa b b f fffff a a e nt ObpCloseHandleTableEntry xc fffff c b fffff cd d fffffa b fffff c c fffdb fffffa ac nt ObpCloseHandle x fffff c ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-on-fresh-windows-7-64-bit.1101865/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have just completed building a new system for a friend.
My friend is purchasing a new windows 7 pro package shortly.

In the meantime I would like to get her new machine up and running.

Can I install Win 7 with my copy but not enter a key thus allowing her
to enter her own OEM key once she receives the new computer?

I would like to at least get the updates installed for her and configure
the new machine prior to her receiving it so that she only has to put in
her key to activate windows and everything else will be ready to use.

A:New Hardware Fresh Install

Receives the new computer? or the new installation disk? Installation without entering a key is always possible while going for updates is a different matter there.

With any fresh install of 7 you first have to pass the WGA validation as well as the installation of the Windows installer used to put the updates on once downloaded. That requires an activated Windows however leaving you in a dilemna. Once the new disk is in perform the clean install at that time and get ready for the load of updates once that is activated.

For simply running 7 for 120 days without activationm, http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-120-days.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/69010-new-hardware-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

On older version of windows, whenever you upgraded hardware, it was always best/mandatory to do a fresh install of windows. Is this still the case for 7? I really dont want to reinstall windows (mainly because of all the gigs i would have to download because I deleted the install files that are on my windows drive), but I dont wanna gimp my performance because something didnt get detected.

A:new hardware, fresh install?

Its not mandatory .... just make sure that you have updated your new hardware to the latest drivers...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/76503-new-hardware-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I just got three 320GB Seagate drives setup in RAID 0 for Linux, and I decided to also reinstall Windows 8 on my SSD since it started lagging and running slower than normal. While trying to install Win8, right after selecting a disk/partition to install to, I got a BSOD about an error in a nonpaged area or something. When I tried to boot into the installer again, I got a BSOD immediately after the logo splashscreen (too quick to see what it was about). Does anyone know how to fix/bypass this?
-I'm booting the Windows 8 installer from a Corsair Survivor 64GB USB3.0 flashdrive. I'm gonna try a dvd with a different iso that I downloaded more recently on my laptop.

A:BSOD on Windows 8 fresh install

Try different media (CD/DVD or USB) and different ISO's
Try these free, bootable diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32702-bsod-windows-8-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey so i recently less than a week ago upgraded my windows install from bit to bit so im on a fresh windows install and everything was working fine until i left my computer on overnight to do all the windows updates and came back to find it had restarted due to a bluescreen install windows Fresh - BSOD i figured it may be a one off and didnt do anything about it until it happened while i was using it just now So i downloaded BSOD - Fresh windows install BluescreenViewer and here is the first BSOD http puu sh bxKa de b af png This is the second one that happened while i was actually using the computer http puu sh bxNu bd fd fa png I searched on the internet for a while to see if i could figure out how to solve it myself and read that using windows verifier to find out which driver is apparently responsible can be useful so i ran that and here is what that found http puu sh bxRQ ec f png Any help would be appreciated as im not sure what to do on the right hand side each BSOD says it is caused by a different driver file and im not sure what program thing either of them are attached to or from nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Decided finally to update my desktop from RTM to Ultimate. Everything was running kosher-like in RTM for the past 6 months, but installing the legit version has become a friggin' nightmare. After install, first time starting windows gives me a BSOD (can't even get past login). Safe mode, at least works...

First it was my newly installed HD 4650. Put back my ancient x800xl. Then it was some random NForce 4 drivers...now...no clue.

Specs:
NForce 4 Ultra (DFI LanParty)
Athlon 64 x2 3800+
ATI X800 XL

Attached is the dump file...

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

A:Windows 7 x64 Fresh Install BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by l1fe

Decided finally to update my desktop from RTM to Ultimate. Everything was running kosher-like in RTM for the past 6 months, but installing the legit version has become a friggin' nightmare. After install, first time starting windows gives me a BSOD (can't even get past login). Safe mode, at least works...

First it was my newly installed HD 4650. Put back my ancient x800xl. Then it was some random NForce 4 drivers...now...no clue.

Specs:
NForce 4 Ultra (DFI LanParty)
Athlon 64 x2 3800+
ATI X800 XL

Attached is the dump file...

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

This one was caused by memory corruption.

To test y ouor memory download memtestx86 and run it for 5 passes. that will test your memory and tell you if you have a heat issue.

You might as well run a system file check
type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>SFC /SCANNOW

Let us know the results

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\022010-35906-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02857000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02a94e50
Debug session time: Sat Feb 20 14:51:55.640 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:22.406
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {fffffb41d6ff062b, 0, fffff800028dcd3b, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+41b )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffb41d6ff062b, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff800028dcd3b, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000007, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002aff0e0
fffffb41d6ff062b

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+41b
fffff800`028dcd3b 410fb65f1b movzx ebx,byte ptr [r15+1Bh]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 7

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: LogonUI.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880031167a0 -- (.trap 0xfffff880031167a0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all regi... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65196-windows-7-x64-fresh-install-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everyone Windows BSoD after install 7 fresh New member to the forums here and I was able to be pretty ninja-like when it came to getting information required to make a post in this forum Bought a new computer weeks ago came in days ago Been having trouble with it since Usually I'm the quot Mr Fix-it quot when it comes to PC's but I've never messed around with any debugging tools so I need some assistance please any help is greatly appreciated I've tried all the troubleshooting you can possibly do when trying to diagnose a blue screen of death Tried both BSoD after fresh Windows 7 install RAM sticks separately took the video card out and used on-board video I even tried both RAM sticks with on-board video separately Unplugged the DVD-ROM no avail I called ASRock and got a technician who I could barely understand but was telling me something about quot XMP quot I didn't see the XMP option under the DRAM configuration even if my sticks don't support it wouldn't the option still be there I think he has my motherboard confused with another one He told me to either replace the RAM with new RAM or send the motherboard back in and exchange it I came here to see what the BSoD DMP files REALLY have to say the problem is so I can solve it once and for all I didn't pay for new hardware to let it sit here and collect dust I appreciate any help you guys can offer SPECS Nothing is OC'd except the GPU it was OC'd straight from the factory MOBO ASRock Z Extreme Gen P latest BIOS update CPU Intel Core i Sandy Bridge ghz RAM GSkill RIPJAWS x gb DDR GPU MSI GTX-TI Twin Frozr ii gb PSU Corsair TX W HDD TB Samsung SATAII gb sec DVD-ROM ASUS SATA DVD-ROM OS Windows Ultimate bit RETAIL

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello guys ive been having issues for quite a while now and windows install BSOD fresh after of ive been trying to solve this matter but so far ive only failed Ive ran memtest a and i BSOD after fresh install of windows found several million errors So i scanned through and ramslot to try to determine which ram was giving the errors this only resulted in of my ram had only error I found this weird so i thought it might be the DIMM thats corrupted So now i BSOD after fresh install of windows removed of my rams and i BSOD after fresh install of windows only run with which passed the test Still i get unexpected shutdowns aka BSOD Ive tried to remove my SSD and only use my HDD back and forth changing to IDE inside BIOS but with no good results at all Ive also tried to change my PSU to a different brand but all volts seems ok I also reinstalled windows with USB CD from HDD yeah you name it different versions etc i even tried to install Windows but with the same result This all actually just started out of the blue i have no clue how but i didnt install anything all of the sudden i started having connection problems which resulted in BSOD Specs Asus P X PRO LGA- Intel I- X ghz six core gb ram Corsair Vengeance mhz EVGA Geforce GTX gb ram W Cooler Master M Silent Pro PSU GB Crucial SSD TB HDD Samsung Im kind of clueless All kind of help will be appreciated Thank you Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFF A C BCP BCP FFFFF D E BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Computer AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink li cid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Files Download - - dmp from Sendspace com - send big files the easy way - gt - - dmp Download WER- - sysdata xml from Sendspace com - send big files the easy way - gt WER- - sysdata xml

A:BSOD after fresh install of windows

Run memtest from hcidesign along with your other programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266317-bsod-after-fresh-install-windows.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have had windows 7 installed now for 2 weeks i did have it installed before but i installed a new HDD as my main drive.

It has happened a few times now but i have only saved 2 dumps which are attached. I am currently using Windows 7 Pro 64bit which i got from the msdnaa through my University.

I don't really fancy reinstalling windows again but if i have to then i will but if there are work arounds that would be great!

The main errors are: ntoskrnl.exe, Wdf01000.sys, PSHED.dll

A:BSOD - After a fresh install of windows!

Welcome!

Let's go through our generic tips. If you're overclocking, stop. Disconnect all unnecessary hardware, like external USB drives, video cards, etc.

Try a memory test. Download Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using ImgBurn. Boot from the CD, and run at least 5 passes.

Also, try scanning your system files. Open an elevated command prompt and run sfc /scannow.

Good luck!
~JK

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\021110-19016-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a63000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ca0e50
Debug session time: Thu Feb 11 08:35:07.143 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:03:53.312
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {2e, 2, 1, fffff88000e3b891}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\LHidFilt.Sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for LHidFilt.Sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for LHidFilt.Sys
Probably caused by : hardware ( LHidFilt+9131 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000002e, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88000e3b891, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002d0b0e0
000000000000002e

FAULTING_IP:
Wdf01000!FxRequest::GetMemoryObject+4a5
fffff880`00e3b891 01752d add dword ptr [rbp+2Dh],esi

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: Wow.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff80000ba2520 -- (.trap 0xfffff80000ba2520)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa80057ce2b0 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa80057e6650
rdx=0000000000000001 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88000e3b891 rsp=fffff80000ba26b0 rbp=0000000000000001
r8=fffff80000ba2703 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa800592dd30
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
Wdf01000!FxR... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/64110-bsod-after-fresh-install-windows.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been getting a random BSOD on a fresh Windows 8 install. It doesn't seem to happen at any given time. Sometimes its right after startup and sometimes in the middle of the night when nothing is happening. I have attached my dumps if anyone can help read them. I have tried to look at them myself but I am getting a symbols error. I appreciate the help, Thanks!

A:Windows 8 BSOD after fresh install

Some of your mini-dumps are pointing towards the file: e1c63x64.sys which is your Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver file. Please update this to Windows 8 64bit version: Driver Reference Table

I have also found some out-of-date drivers that you should update or remove/un-install if un-needed:

AsUpIO.sys - ASUS hardware monitoring software related:http://www.carrona.org/drivers/search.php?id=AsUpIO.sys (please un-install all ASUS utilities via the control panel/un-install programs, known BSOD maker in Windows 8)
teamviewervpn.sys - TeamViewerVPN Network Adapter: Driver Reference Table (please un-install Teamviewer and re-install the latest version if you must use it)
vstor2-mntapi10-shared.sys - VMware Virtual Storage Volume Driver: Driver Reference Table (please un-intsall VMWare and install the latest version if you must use it)

Please update anything to Windows 8 64bit versions from your motherboard manufacturers website. This should include your Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Driver LAN driver. Your BIOS version is 3203 and the latest appears to be 3305, you might want to update as a last resort but please if you do follow manufacturers precautions as any error might render your system inoperable:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P9X79 PRO

Please ensure you have downloaded all the Windows 8 updates until you can install no more.

-cheers

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/18586-windows-8-bsod-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can help. Installed
I'm getting BSOD within a minute of startup of a fresh Windows 7 x64 Install.

I've tried changing RAM and a couple of other things.
I have as of yet not installed any programs, just updated my graphics card driver

I can boot into safe mode without a problem.
I can't see any hardware conflicts.

I am getting a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on the BSOD.
I was also getting a Win32.sys error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached are the 4 latest dump files.

Simon.

A:BSOD on fresh x64 Windows 7 Install

Quote: Originally Posted by nomis42

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can help. Installed
I'm getting BSOD within a minute of startup of a fresh Windows 7 x64 Install.

I've tried changing RAM and a couple of other things.
I have as of yet not installed any programs, just updated my graphics card driver

I can boot into safe mode without a problem.
I can't see any hardware conflicts.

I am getting a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on the BSOD.
I was also getting a Win32.sys error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached are the 4 latest dump files.

Simon.

Simon

Hi and welcome

You have 3 distinct causes for these BSODs. First the directx portion of your video driver. The second is memory corruptoion, and the third are win 7 files

For the first I would completely remove the current driver and download a fresh copy. Install only the driver and not the rest of the things that usually get installed with them.

For memory corruption I would download memtestx86 burn it to a cd and run it for at least 5 passes.

For the win 7 files I would run a system file check
(type cmd in search>right click>sfc /scannow)

Let us know if you need more help

Ken

Code:
BugCheck D1, {fffff80001f02f50, 2, 8, fffff80001f02f50}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+1bc )
BugCheck A, {a4400000000, 2, 0, fffff80002893317}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SURFACE::Map+a1 )
BugCheck A, {0, f, 0, fffff80002df6fde}
Probably caused by : pci.sys ( pci!PciReadSlotConfig+84 )
BugCheck 4E, {99, 73a02, 0, 74282}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85715-bsod-fresh-x64-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

I recently downgraded from Windows 10 due to constant BSOD's (was initially upgraded from windows 8.1).

I successfully performed a clean install this morning but have already encountered three BSODs,

I have a feeling that it might be my origin software but I'm not sure

Regards

Matt

A:BSOD - Fresh windows 8.1 install

Hi mattblue,

Welcome to the 8forums.

As you get a 0x1a(memory_management), 0xA(IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) pointing to hardware and 0x139(KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE) caused by GPU drivers, please run a few tests.

Diagnostic test

GPU TEST

Run Furmark to test your GPU. Furmark tutorial

Note
Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning
Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

Diagnostic Test

RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 7 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/71445-bsod-fresh-windows-8-1-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been experiencing a BSOD on my fresh install of windows 7. I ran the upgrade adviser before upgrading and it said my hardware was 100% compatible. Here is the info:
-32bit windows 7 pro
-The original OS was XP home
-Retail version of 7 pro
-2.5 years since the date of purchase today at 6:05 PM
-I installed 7 a week ago
-It is a windows 7 and Ubuntu dual boot.

Here is the crash message text:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 10000000
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 81897400
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\090711-61791-01.dmp
C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-78905-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

And .zip is attached.

A:BSOD Fresh install of windows 7 pro

I would test you ram and cpu:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\BSOD stuff\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\090111-39343-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*F:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: 7601.17514.x86fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x8184d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x81997850
Debug session time: Thu Sep 1 18:12:12.608 2011 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:58.201
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {10000000, 2, 1, 818c5400}

Probably caused by : hardware

---------
*** Possible invalid call from 818eadc2 ( nt!MiInsertPageInFreeOrZeroedList+0x1e7 )
*** Expected target 818c53d0 ( nt!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLockAtDpcLevel+0x0 )

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 10000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: 818c5400, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 819b7718
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 819971a0

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KeAcquireQueuedSpinLockAtDpcLevel+20
818c5400 8908 mov dword ptr [eax],ecx

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

TRAP_FRAME: 903f1ef8 -- (.trap 0xffffffff903f1ef8)
ErrCode = 00000002
eax=10000000 ebx=0000030c ecx=903f1f8c edx=830f1d9d esi=82ad1644 edi=830f1d8c
eip=818c5400 esp=903f1f6c ebp=903f1f98 iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010282
nt!KeAcquireQueuedSpinLockAtDpcLevel+0x20:
818c5400 8908 mov dword ptr [eax],ecx ds:0023:10000000=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 818eadc7 to 818c5400

POSSIBLE_INVALID_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 818eadc2 to 818c53d0

STACK_TEXT:
903f1f68 818eadc7 82b3dc84 82ad1644 82ad164c nt!KeAcquireQueuedSpinLockAtDpcLevel+0x20
903f1f98 818e0644 82b3dc84 82ad1644 82ad164c nt!MiInsertPageInFreeOrZeroedList+0x1ec
903f1fd8 818f2728 00001b8b c07f00f0 00000057 nt!MiPfnShareCountI... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/185292-bsod-fresh-install-windows-7-pro.html
Relevancy 52.46%

? OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
? Original OS - Windows 7 Home Premium x64
? Purchased OS from retailer
? Age of System - 3 Years
? Age of OS installation - Reinstalled just 4 days ago

? CPU - i7-2630QM @ 2.00 GHz
? Video Card - nVidia GTX 460M
? MotherBoard - Asus G73SW Intel Laptop Motherboard s989 (0205A) 60-N3IMB1000-C08 69N0K9M10C08
? Power Supply - ASUS 19.5V 7.7A 150W POWER SUPPLY/ AC ADAPTER
? System Manufacturer - Asus

Happy New Years everyone! I hope everyone had a great year. I purchased this laptop I'm using (Asus G73SW) from a friend earlier this year and it has been more trouble than it's worth. Hopefully I followed all of the guidelines for the post. I included the PERFMON report, the BSOD Collection .html file, and a BlueScreenView document as well. Thanks for any help or suggestions you give me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-fresh-install-of-windows-7-a-773170.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have had this computer about a month now and recently It blue screens sometimes when gaming sometimes doing nothing Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Here is the message it gave me Extra information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA F B BCP FFFFFA F E BCP FFFFF OS Version Service Pack Product Bucket ID X Before after BSOD fresh windows install and xF IOERR c e IMAGE hardware disk Server information c d - ac- b -b - efc a fe I don't know what is causing it Here is my system info CPU Manufacturer GenuineIntel Description Intel Family Model Stepping Name Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Speed Installed RAM MB PC Info PC or motherboard model To Be Filled By O E M System BSOD Before and after fresh windows install name RALGONDO-PC System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O E M Onboard devices Graphics Description AMD Radeon HD Name AMD Radeon HD RAM MB Driver Date - Driver Version CD DVD drives Description CD-ROM Drive Caption ATAPI iHAS C ATA Device Manufacturer Standard CD-ROM drives I recently changed my computer to create a dmp file upon it's next blue screen that I am anticipating It crashed again today Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA DD E BCP FFFFFA DD CC BCP FFFFF OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Ralgondo AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Happened again for the love of god im desperate I TRIED REINSTALLING WINDOWS WITH THE DISK I WAS GIVEN Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA A D BCP FFFFFA A D BCP FFFFF B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Ralgondo AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:BSOD Before and after fresh windows install

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229312-bsod-before-after-fresh-windows-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys,

After some help troubleshooting this error if possible please. I did a brand new fresh install of windows on a system and have received the first BSOD after a few minutes of running the game "Archeage"

Dump file attached. Any clues would be greatly appreciated thanks.

A:BSOD ON fresh windows install

Hi Borgio.

Quote:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80054b18f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80054b18f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Dumping WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure shows:
2: kd> !errrec fffffa80054b18f8
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa80054b18f8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01cfde4cef27c727
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 10/2/2014 14:27:16 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa80054b1978
Section @ fffffa80054b1a50
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : BUS error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 3
CPU Version : 0x0000000000600f12
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa80054b19c0
Section @ fffffa80054b1b10
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : 12 0f 60 00 00 08 06 00 - 0b 22 98 16 ff fb 8b 17
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa80054b1b10

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa80054b1a08
Section @ fffffa80054b1b90
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 0)

Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 0) - is detailed description of error. The 'Bank 0' wording implies memory hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347502-bsod-fresh-windows-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,
I built my PC from all new parts about 3-4 months ago, but from the get go it would intermittently blue screen, it settled down a month or two later but not sure why. Two days ago I wiped and formatted my drive and did a clean install of 7 as I was having unrelated issues I couldn't resolve. But now the blue screens are back. I thought it might be mobo driver issues but I finished updating the drivers and it's still happening.
System specs:
Windows 7 Professional 64x
Gigabyte ga-870fxa-ud5
AMD Phenom x6
AMD Radeon HD6870 1gb
two 4g G-Skill Ripjaw f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl RAM

Attached is the minidump and health report.
Thanks for any help!

A:BSOD on fresh install Windows 7

> Your crash was related to AODDriver2.sys AMD OverDrive Service Driver from Advanced Micro Devices.
Remove > at least to test.

> Please run the update readiness tool and then update to SP-1

Ensure you install the correct 64 or 32 bit option for your system)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (64bit)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (32bit)

Now update to SP-1

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

> I suggest you download the free version of Malwarebytes.
Update it immediately.
Do a full system scan
Let us know the results at the end.

Malwarebytes : Download free malware, virus and spyware tools to get your computer back in shape!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214809-bsod-fresh-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Upgraded to a couple months ago For the last several weeks have been getting BSODs fairly consistently usually within the first mins of the first time booting for the of on BSOD day - first boot the fresh 8 Windows day Subsequent reboots usually won't have an issue The errors are always something different Have seen Page fault in nonpaged area system service exception some kind of memory management error Windows 8 - BSOD on first fresh boot of the day I've tried testing memory Windows 8 - BSOD on first fresh boot of the day with both memtest and windows memory diagnostic both came up clean Been looking Windows 8 - BSOD on first fresh boot of the day at memory dumps but they all point to different programs causing the issue Steam showed up twice Skype I think there was a dwm exe Results of my latest memory dump Code PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Invalid system memory was referenced This cannot be protected by try-except it must be protected by a Probe Typically the address is just plain bad or itis pointing at freed memory Arguments Arg fffffb memory referenced Arg value read operation write operation Arg fffff bc df If non-zero the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address Arg reserved Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS fffffb Nonpaged pool FAULTING IP nt ExDeferredFreePool b fffff bc df cmp qword ptr rbx rax MM INTERNAL CODE DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR AV PROCESS NAME Skype exe CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre TRAP FRAME fffff d -- trap xfffff d NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax fffff dcdae rbx rcx fffff dcdad rdx fffff dd rsi rdi rip fffff bc df rsp fffff d e rbp fffff d r fffff dcdb r r r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz ac po cynt ExDeferredFreePool x b fffff bc df cmp qword ptr rbx rax ds Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff bb a to fffff ba STACK TEXT fffff d fffff bb a fffffb fffff d nt KeBugCheckExfffff d fffff ba dacb fffffb fffffa d c e nt FNODOBFM string' x e afffff d fffff ba eee fffffb fffffa b fb fffff d nt MmAccessFault x bfffff d fffff bc df fffff ba c fffff a fffff a b nt KiPageFault x efffff d e fffff bc ac c fffff a fffff f fffff c fffff a a ec nt ExDeferredFreePool x b fffff d fffff d fffff a a fffff d nt ExFreePoolWithTag xaecfffff d fffff f fffff ccb fffff d b fffff win k xxxReadPostMessage x fdfffff d e fffff f fffff d b fffff ffffffff win k xxxRealInternalGetMessage x b fffff d b fffff ba fffffa d c cde fffff d ba win k NtUserPeekMessage x fffff d b ac a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x cde x ac a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt ExDeferredFreePool b fffff bc df cmp qword ptr rbx rax SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt ExDeferredFreePool b FOLLOWUP NAME Pool corruption IMAGE NAME Pool Corruption DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION MODULE NAME Pool Corruption BUCKET ID FUNC OFFSET b FAILURE BUCKET ID AV nt ExDeferredFreePool BUCKET ID AV nt ExDeferredFreePool ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km av nt exdeferredfreepool FAILURE ID HASH aaf d c-c - e- a e- dec a Followup Pool corruption--------- kd gt trap xfffff d NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax fffff dcdae rbx rcx fffff dcdad rdx fffff dd rsi rdi rip fffff bc df rsp fffff d e rbp fffff d r fffff dcdb r r r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz ac po cynt ExDeferredFreePool x b fffff bc df cmp qword ptr rbx rax ds This has been incredibly frustrating Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows 8 - BSOD on first fresh boot of the day

Hi

Usually these kind of errors are caused by memory modules which fails when cold. They will work fine once the system is warm. Do you have any chance to get a memory module for testing purpose ? ( may be from a friend or family).

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34186-windows-8-bsod-first-fresh-boot-day.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I reinstalled windows yesterday cause sql server 2008 gave me hard time (i couldnt remove it entirely)...before that, system was working for like 2 years...

Also, one of the reason is often crashes and bsods in game Tribes Ascend...

So yesterday i installed some drivers on fresh windows, some programs etc and everything was ok...then on second run, Tribes crashed and i knew at that point that the problem is hardware...

Couple of minutes ago i started new counter strike, got bsod and i said **** it...if you guys pinpoint the problem, if not i'll have to buy new machine soon...

details:

win 7 ultimate x64
not original, applied oem activator
hardware is old 2,5 years, maybe 3
reinstalled yesterday

A:BSOD on fresh windows reinstall

Since you have older hardware, check compatibility: Windows 7 Compatibility: Software Programs & Hardware Devices: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads
Crash was somewhat inconclusive. It is easier to find patterns after multiple crashes, so we may have to wait. I did see an out of date driver: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Rt64win7.sys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230751-bsod-fresh-windows-reinstall.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi i'm french i will try my best to explain Sorry but i can't title more precisely due to the circumstance Actually I just reinstalled windows ultimate x hours ago format by the disc too and i had my first quot new quot bluescreen like mn after installed amd driver last one from happened just when i logged into steam Windows wasn't already setup to maintain the bsod screen at this point now its done Before maybe the new windows solve some but just in case it can maybe also help I reinstalled it cause i had random bluescreen with some sys or dll atikvmag which tend to be with the install windows new 7 again BSOD after fresh graphic card system corrupt some cleaner stuff said me i had a bitcoin stuff which can destroy some vital windows fonctions Sometimes i had bsod in the evening like no one doing the quot same thing quot youtube amp games for most not so much differents games i don't even remember having it while idle desktop or if i was idle there was something running youtube player for example Other quick example i used to crashed while having a lot of tabs with BSOD again after fresh new install windows 7 some youtube players yep i BSOD again after fresh new install windows 7 use a lot so BSOD again after fresh new install windows 7 after reboot chrome says me quot restore them quot i say quot do it baby quot which could result in a bsod I also can be freeze well i guess cause my usb stops no mouse keyboard i haven't check sound Or an application crashed i hit ctrl alt sup and all the time in this case it freeze the computer when i click on quot Task manager quot i can't access right clic in bottom in this situtation the explorer doesn't response to my actions I will post further bsod when they will come So here is my probably first zipfile

A:BSOD again after fresh new install windows 7

New one, i was starting a youtube video so my "Before" problems are still there

I missed i vital thing on my first zipfile, my windows 7 wasn't in sp1, trully sorry for that supid miss.. i though it was already done humm.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347653-bsod-again-after-fresh-new-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i just bought an nvidia Ge force 9400 gt and tried installing the drivers and i get an error message that says
(the nvidia setup program has detected that one or more Microsoft hardware installation wizards are active. do you want to continue with setup? click yes to minimize setup until you complete or cancel the other installation wizard(s). click no to exit setup.)
the installation wizard is trying to automatically install the hardware but if i go into control panel/administrative tools/plug and play and disable plug and play like i was told, the program says that there is no available graphics adapter but the original error message telling me other installation programs are running is gone. how am i supposed to install these drivers if windows is trying to install them with another program? How can i disable hardware install wizard so that it doesnt disable the graphics adapter PLEASE HELP!

A:Windows hardware installation manager overrides my Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT install

Follow these steps to install your new graphics card:

1. Download the latest drivers for your card. Clean all old video drivers from your system. You may use Driver Sweeper if you wish.
2. Shut your PC down and put the new GPU in the motherboard slot.
3. Start up the system and change your primary graphics adapter in BIOS to PCI-E (assuming you have a PCI-E card) or PCI / AGP.
4. After logging in to Windows just close the Hardware Installation Wizard when it comes up. Double click on the drivers you downloaded and it should be installed without any issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-hardware-installation-manager-overrides-my-nvidia-geforce-9400-gt-install.145908/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have done a boot but linux problem installation to no windows fresh of with boot fails full installation from an original disk while keeping one partition of old data I have tried both a and a editions from an earlier computer I had Both went OK but when the computer reboot after the first phase of the configuration they fresh installation of windows fails to boot but linux boot with no problem both failed to boot after the POST phase I have tried to install Ubuntu and it booted successfully and also showed me the option of starting the windows installation which again failed to boot I have DELL laptop Inspiron and using its diagnostic tools it showed that all components are OK I am interested to know if it is possible that the problem is due to bad cd drive as it is making some noises bad memory as I had installed by mistake wrong memory and fixed this once I understoof it is causing some problems bad harddisk although I had no indication so far there is some problem with it I wanted to ask then why linux installed with no problem and to finish this query I have noticed it is possible to install from a USB stick to bypass problem but I dont have windows osx and ubuntu only is there a way to create a bootable windows installation USB stick using a mac or linux Thanks and best regards Tomer

A:fresh installation of windows fails to boot but linux boot with no problem

Your confusing to say the least.
The correct way to dual boot Window/Linux is to Install Windows 1st(Always) using all the drive. Then install Linux. All Linux versions will install a Boot manager so as you can then select whichever OS you desire. There are other ways but for someone like you that is the easiest.
Linux will install to a drive that Windows won't, Windows is very particular as to the disk surface, any little fault and it will refuse to install.
May I suggest you look at Puppy Linux 4.1. very, very fast and great for Wireless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fresh-installation-of-windows-fails-to-boot-but-linux-boot-with-no-problem-320711.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

20160315_Security_Driver_WDRHG_WN64_3.3.14.68_A19.txt

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Nothing?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678872
Relevancy 52.03%

I built up a new PC before Christmas. These were the components:

Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
Intel i5 3570K 3.4GHz
2 x G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
PowerColor HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card
OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Not really used it that much and have had random crashes since built. Today, I decided to start afresh and reformatted the C drive and re-installed Windows. Although the OS installed without a hitch, at various times throughout the Windows Update process, the machine would crash a BSOD would appear.

I have attached the files as requested.

Can anyone advise me on what is the best approach to resolving this issue?

Cheers

Darren

A:Windows 7 - Fresh Install BSOD whilst applying windows updates

Hello DarrenF.

Four crashes, four different stopcodes.

Code:
BugCheck 34, {50853, fffff8800317e738, fffff8800317df90, fffff80002cd1eee}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAcquireResourceSharedLite+4e )

---------
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c8e284, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXRstor+0 )

---------
BugCheck 1A, {31, fffffa800ef4fac0, fffff8800e0ed000, fffff8a00a7584e0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+7271 )

---------
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff960000f6b32, fffff8800785ffa0, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!FreeObject+12 )

---------
Whereas ntkrnlmp.exe and win32k.sys, none of them cannot be the real probable cause of a crash. Do these tests, one by one.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273552-windows-7-fresh-install-bsod-whilst-applying-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone... i get BSOD at new instal windows 7 pro x86 ..., no new driver and program already install yet. please help .

A:BSOD on fresh install windows 7 profesional x86

Code:
Host Name: NANA-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: NANA
First thing to do is update Windows fully - troubleshooting BSOD's on an outdated system is a waste of time and effort.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365706-bsod-fresh-install-windows-7-profesional-x86.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Just reinstalled Windows on a new Samsung PM 830 SSD. Can't tell if its the SSD or the other things that I have installed. Sometimes it gives the BSOD screen, sometimes Explorer just goes missing and Task Manager would be unavailable.

These days the BSODs come more often and with little warning.

Dump file link
Attachment 199257

A:Random BSOD after fresh install of Windows 7 on a SSD.

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
When posting a new crash dump, include all System File Collection and health reports. They contain valuable information that we can use to find the cause of the crashes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215225-random-bsod-after-fresh-install-windows-7-ssd.html
Relevancy 52.03%

One year old system i k P P Pro Asus board with GB Corsair RAM and XFX No other add on cards hard drives Ever since originally building the system last January it has had BSOD when playing games only Any game sometimes will not crash for a while ie weeks other times repeatedly within hours Very random But only with games Not enough of a pain to really care that much Did a fresh install of Windows and hoped that would solve to BSOD Help. Windows fresh of install over carried 7. my problem Installed and updated drivers from Asus site for my motherboard new drivers for anything I could think of No errors in device manager Ran memtest overnight with BSOD carried over to fresh install of Windows 7. Help. no problems Prime run for hours CPU going to BSOD carried over to fresh install of Windows 7. Help. C max CPU idles at C GPU generally runs at C while playing grahpically intense games Idles at C Big case lots of fans tons of airflow THe common demoniator may be the ASUS AI Suite II and Steam All other programs on this install I've not used before Switched to MSE etc Only installed a new game not previously used which led to the recent BSOD after fresh install At this point I m a bit stumped Uploaded dump file as per instructions in top post Any help would be appreciated My guess is that since it is BSOD carried over to fresh install of Windows 7. Help. only happening in games that it is probably the video card although I have no clue really edit Fresh install was done yesterday May th

A:BSOD carried over to fresh install of Windows 7. Help.

On a side note Windows 7 is installed on a SSD, don't know if that matters or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228430-bsod-carried-over-fresh-install-windows-7-help.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear All,
Old (but reliable) HP laptop. Had no problems.
Did a fresh Windows install. Now regret!
BSOD occurs during mundane tasks, like file copy, or browsing.
Tried the install with thoroughly updated drivers from HP Support. BSOD still occurs.
Then, installed Windows in a minimal "vanilla" state, using only MS Update provided drivers. BSOD.
Ran "Driver Verifier" for 24 hours. BSOD.
Suspect a driver at fault, but which one!?
With thanks for any guidance you can offer.
LanceK

HP2740p Convertible
Mainboard : HP 7007
Chipset : Intel QM57
Processor : Intel Core i5 540M @ 2533 MHz (max : 3220)
Physical Memory : 4096 MB DDR3-SDRAM
Video Card : Intel(R) HD Graphics
Hard Disk : INTEL SSDSA1M080G2HP ATA Device (80GB)
Network Card : Intel 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection
Network Card : Intel WiFi Link 6000 Series
Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Professional Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
DirectX : Version 11.00

A:Fresh Windows install, BSOD 0x000000c

You have:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a) A page table page has been corrupted - Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+35084 )
SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION (c1) - Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiCheckSpecialPoolSlop+83 )
I would recommend performing a memory test

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346918-fresh-windows-install-bsod-0x000000c.html