Windows Support Forum

Six month computer not working

Q: Six month computer not working

Hello everyone I have been having trouble with my computer for a while now and I could really use some help from experienced Windows users This is the first computer I have ever built and I have put alot of money and time into it The problem The computer was working for a long time until about two months ago when I left it off for about three days After three days I came to turn it on and the windows screen came on and just froze there I then tried a start up repair and that could not find the problem so I restarted it and it ran a check disk and to my surprise it started to say that all my files were either corrupt or unreadable Next I reformatted it and installed the OS again and it worked for a few weeks then I had the same problem So I have had to keep reformatting the hard drive everytime ive had the problem and now after a fresh reformat I started updating and installing my products like Xfire and Norton Now everytime I log on the computer slows and freezes up with hardly and programs running on startup Norton My dad has tried to help me computer not working Six month but he really only knows more about Windows XP and older versions My Computer Specs OS Windows Home Premium bit OEM Motherboard ASUS M A T-E Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory OCZ Gigs Ram Hard Drive GB Western Digital Caviar Blue Graphics Card XFX ATI RADEON HD

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Six month computer not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Six month computer not working

Hobo,
Welcome to SevenForums.

When you say you reformat, what are you reformatting?

Until the problem source is located, 100% remove Norton and use Microsoft Security Essentials which is fast, non-interfering, very good, free and used by the majority of the people answering questions here.

After we locate the problem, then you can reinstall Norton and see if all works well.
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111050-six-month-computer-not-working.html
Relevancy 62.78%

This is a gateway GT5622 Computer
has 4 usbs in the back and two in the front. All of a sudden they don't work. How can I get them to work again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling in the device manager still don't work. in device manager when I open one it says they are working properlly but then it comes up when you try to use them that they need a driver. Can some one help me with this problem?

Gateway--Vista home
GT5622
3 GIGS of RAM
only like 6 months old
They worked up untill a few days ago.
the person said (it is for the babtist church) that they worked fine but they had a storm and the computer had gone of and on etc anyway they don't work no. What can I try?

Relevancy 51.6%

I opened this email account for my lady in July. it stopped working in August and I found out it was locked. Microsoft unlocked it for me and now it is doing the same thing again. can someone unlock it and keep it unlocked?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/09c974a4-9998-4e20-ba18-b0873f43175e/email-stops-working-every-other-month?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 50.74%

DATE TEST
Month Total
2015/04 1
2015/07 1
2015/09 1
2016/01 1
2016/02 1

As you can see from the above results an Access query there are periods without any data. I need them to be displayed within the query as a zero. Can someone tell me how to achieve this easily please.

My query currently reads:

SELECT Format([TimeOfCall],"yyyy/mm") AS [Month], Count([INCIDENT NEW].SALESIncidentIdentifier) AS Total
FROM (SALES LEFT JOIN VICTIM ON SALES.IncidentIdentifier = VICTIM.SALESIncidentIdentifier) RIGHT JOIN [INCIDENT NEW] ON SALES.IncidentIdentifier = [INCIDENT NEW].SALESIncidentIdentifier
WHERE (((VICTIM.VictimType)="1"))
GROUP BY Format([TimeOfCall],"yyyy/mm");

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/getting-month-periods-to-show-in-access-query-as-0-when-there-is-no-data-for-the-month.4070246/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm trying to create an Access query that compares invoices generated in May of 2002 to invoices generated in May of 2003 so we can see how much money we made compared to last year at this time.

I've tried datediff, dateserial, dateadd but can't seem to get it right. Can some kind soul give me a hand here?

A:(Resolved) Compare this month's sales to this month last year

I figured it out. Had to use "between". I was trying to just hone in on a particular month last year but I guess that was the lazy way out. Anyway, here's what I ended up with to compare May 02 to May 03:

Between DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,Month(Date())-1,1) And DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,Month(Date()),1)-1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-compare-this-months-sales-to-this-month-last-year.136980/
Relevancy 50.31%

Product Name: HPVI04 Notebook batteryUsed in Laptop: HP ENVY 14 Notebook PCBattery life: 15 months Issue:  The battery(HPVI05 NOTEBOOK Battery) stopped working only 14months after purchase. Tried to buy the product online but this product is one of the worst product with 100s of poor reviews and helpless customer service facing the same problem. The customer service is equally bad with hours of waiting time and no solution. Tried to point out the poor feedback given to product but seems Team HP does not bother. Please Help P.S: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-vi04-notebook-battery?jumpid=Accessories_Finder_PDP #product details  #poorcustomerreview

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-stopped-working-month-after-warranty-period-was-over/td-p/5854512
Relevancy 50.31%

I found a proposed solution from Shockerprof (junior 1) proposing to delete all ussers acounts and reinsall them.
But how can I delete the users if outlook faids out a few seccond after trying to open it?
anybody can help?

A:M.S outlook 2007 has stoped working after month of work

Welcome to TSG!

Have you tried running Office Diagnostics, or repairing the installation?
Have a read here:
How to install the individual 2007 Office features or to repair the installed 2007 Office programs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/m-s-outlook-2007-has-stoped-working-after-month-of-work.943926/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm trying to create an Access query that compares invoices generated in May of 2002 to invoices generated in May of 2003 so we can see how much money we made compared to last year at this time.

I've tried datediff, dateserial, dateadd but can't seem to get it right. Can some kind soul give me a hand here?

A:Compare this month's sales to this month last year

I figured it out. Had to use "between". I was trying to just hone in on a particular month last year but I guess that was the lazy way out. Anyway, here's what I ended up with to compare May 02 to May 03:

Between DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,Month(Date())-1,1) And DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,Month(Date()),1)-1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compare-this-months-sales-to-this-month-last-year.136979/
Relevancy 48.59%

And I apologize if month... that am new this I computer getting my questions sound a bit noobish or whatever but my cousin did most of the work in ordering and sorting the computer My mom just paid the money It s a dell and from the order verification it s looking nice I need other opinions though and the order looks really funny when I copy it to here SO The computer has GB of space That s great coming up from just GB but how much will the system portion of the drive need this time around The unspoken plan is the split the drive ways I do a lot of p p downloading and sometimes I get messages that the system drive is running out of data or whatever This computer is bound to I am getting that new computer this month... have some programs or whatever that take up space in addition to what the system needs but maybe I can partition the system accordingly To help the only things I really plan to do with the computer is I am getting that new computer this month... watch movies maybe burn CDs surf the net and listen to I am getting that new computer this month... music What is Dell Media experience I could find this out on my own but the hidden question here is whether or not it s a waste of space CD or DVD Drive Single Drive X CD DVD burner DVD -RW w double layer write capability Is that good I m a little iffy on something that can do it all because if it gets broken Network Interface-Integrated Intel PRO Ethernet I have SBC Yahoo DSL and the modem uses a card that came with the package Can I plug the same modem into a different card as long as it s Ethernet How much better is WinXP than Okay here comes a related hidden question How much virus protection will I need this time around Currently I have AVG anti-virus but I fear that may not be enough Since we re on things that I plan to transfer from one drive to another could someone tell me how to do it I know I hook my old drive up as a slave in the new tower but is there anything I should do on the computer now like organizing to make the transition easier For printing purposes I m getting a Dell Photo All-In-One Printer Is this good There should be more questions when I get the computer but I think this is it for now Thanks in advance for answers nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

It has an intel core duo processor GHz MB L cache MHz FSB I have the same problems online offline streaming media twitches and never runs smoothly programs take much longer to open etc I ve checked a similar post with the same problem and followed the instructions but it did not work I ve run Norton for viruses it found nothing Physical Memory Total Available Commit Charge Total Limit Peak I ve tried running msconfig and trying to see if the problem was at startup but there was old slow! computer 2 month no change HijackThis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan 2 month old computer slow! saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLSched exe C Program Files Launch Manager Wbutton exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade PCMService exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exe C Program Files Acer OrbiCam CameraAssistant exe C Program Files Launch Manager OSDCtrl exe C Program Files Launch Manager HotkeyApp exe C Program Files Launch Manager LaunchAp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Program Files Microcom ADSL DeskPorte USB CnxDslTb exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePresentation ePresentation exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http global acer com R - HKL... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

hello i got a bsod it has only happend once i have used dm log collector to try help find out what the problem is .

A:bsod on 3 month old computer

Make sure your dump logging is enabled.
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Check Write an even to the system log, and Automatically restart.
In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (256k).

Location of Dumps:
C:\Windows\minidump

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355001-bsod-3-month-old-computer.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Nothing in particular wrong just I think this computer could be performing better it's a long one so thanks in advanced Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS First Three Hijack This Month Computer Old system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Motherboard Monitor MBM EXE C Program Files Three Month Old Computer First Hijack This RivaTuner v RC RivaTuner exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Creative MediaSource RemoteControl RCMan EXE C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe C Program Files GetRight getright exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Three Month Old Computer First Hijack This Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files GetRight getright exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Samurize Client exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C Program Files Motherboard Monitor DLL display dll C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe C PROGRA MOZILL THUNDE EXE C Program Files mIRC mirc exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME BENJAM LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook no name - lt default gt - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll file missing O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll file missing O - BHO Accoona Search Assistant - A - - E - A -A E F F - C Program Files Accoona ASearchAssist dll file missing O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run MBM quot C Program Files Motherboard Monitor MBM EXE quot O - HKLM Run RivaTuner quot C Program Files RivaTuner v RC RivaTuner exe quot T O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run CTRegRun C WINDOWS CTRegRun EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run Anti-Blaxx Manager C Program Files Anti-Blaxx Anti-Blaxx e... Read more

A:Three Month Old Computer First Hijack This

Hello Xolias,

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad since you will not have any of browsers open while you are fixing this.

Before we begin, let's move HiJackThis to it's own folder; like c:\HJT. When we're done 'cleaning' off your system, we're going to 'flush' the temporary folders which, with HiJackThis in it's current location, we'll lose both the program and the backups it creates. These backups are important in case we need to restore any 'fixed' entry(s) later.

---------------------------

The Temp folders should be cleaned out periodically as installation programs and hijack programs leave a lot of junk there. Download CleanUp! (Alternate Link if main link doesn't work) and install it. Do not run it yet.

Go to My Computer->[B]Tools[B]->Folder Options->View tab:
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading:
* select Show hidden files and folders.
* Uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm and then click OK.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter.

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start->(Settings)->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs) if they exist:

Acoona

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie...rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie...rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie...//www.yahoo.com
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - <default> - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Accoona Search Assistant - {944864A5-3916-46E2-96A9-A2E84F3F1208} - C:\Program Files\Accoona\ASearchAssist.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] \Program\
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
?Fix? all of these O18 entries except the first one--leave 1 entry:
O18 - Protocol: bw+0 - {43E608A1-58AA-4468-9A88-89231A522E16} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWPlugProtocol-8876480.dll

Delete the following Folder

C:\Program Files\Accoona

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu). Set the program up as follows:
*Click "Options..."
*Move the arrow down to "Standard CleanUp!"
*Uncheck the following:
-Delete Newsgroup cache
-Delete Newsgroup Subscriptions
-Scan local drives for temporary files
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. Reboot/logoff when prompted.
Note: CleanUp! deletes EVERYTHING out of your temp/temporary folders, it does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any Temporary Folders, please make a backup of these before running CleanUp! If you have a 64 bit Operating System do NOT run Cleanup and let me know as we will use another utility

Reboot into Normal Mode.

Please run an online scan at http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm *Requires Internet Explorer.
Make sure you click the "Free Online Virus Scan" in the upper right hand corner of the page under the Fr... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/three-month-old-computer-first-hijack-this-77714.html
Relevancy 48.16%

my Grandmothers computer is slow and she just bought this thing. it is a lenovo flex3 is there any one that can help fix this thing i ran the virus programs i also cant open the start menu any more. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632107/my-computer-is-only-one-month-old-and-is-now-slow-can-someone-help/
Relevancy 48.16%

my hjt log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS last help slowed Computer since please 50% month. System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system libusbd-nt exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files AlienGUIse wbload exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA FREEDO fdm exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http internetsearchservice com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http internetsearchservice com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http internetsearchservice com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www hangame com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http internetsearchservice com ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http internetsearchservice Computer slowed 50% since last month. help please com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hangame com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Computer slowed 50% since last month. help please Main Local Page blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Winamp Search Class - BCA FA- DBB- a -B - C F B - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook no name - B - D - f f-BCC - AA AFD - C Program Files PandoBar SrchAstt bin P SRCHAS DLL N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www netscape ca quot C Documents and Settings BUDER Application Data Mozilla Profiles default yq up slt prefs js O - Hosts l authd lineage com O - Hosts l patcher lineage com O - Hosts nProtect lineage com O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Computer slowed 50% since last month. help please BHO Pando Search Assistant BHO - B - D - f f-BCC - AA AFD - C Program Files PandoBar SrchAstt bin P SRCHAS DLL O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO AVG Safe Search - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA BA - - dc - - AB FA AE - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - no file O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-slowed-50-since-last-month-help-please.751374/
Relevancy 48.16%

No changes made but it had been about two weeks since I rebooted I rebooted yesterday and it would not reboot even in to safe mode Being the complete idiot I am I hadn't set a restore point recovery disc anything It's an Inspiron N I believe Startup repair says the following quot Acls on file c windows system sspisrv dll are not proper Old value x quot Three of those messages sspisrv dll SSShim dll amp ssText d scr I tried restoring the Acls and it quot said quot it worked on the first two but can't find the last one Dell has their own handy dandy backup amp restore but it has another error when trying to use it I can probably completely reformat Month Computer 6 Boot Won't Old and reinstall and I would but I can see that my file directories are still there So any idea how to fix this or alternately how to get the data off My school computer right before finals so bad deal for me When I go to startup repair and to 6 Month Old Computer Won't Boot the command prompt for some reason it 6 Month Old Computer Won't Boot calls the drive X instead of C so I can't find it that way I'm at a loss Can someone help

A:6 Month Old Computer Won't Boot

Oh, and I did create a recovery disc from the net, no way to know if it's working or not though, but I can get to the system recovery options screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/127453-6-month-old-computer-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello to everyone

just wondering if anything is hidden on here.....Im using bitdefender antivirus an comodo firewall

Computer maybe 1 months old,

Operating System
Windows 8.1

Operating System Architecture 64-bit               Processor Brand
Intel

Processor Speed
3.2 gigahertz

Processor Model
Intel 4th Generation Core i5

System Memory (RAM)
12 gigabytes

System Memory RAM Expandable To
16 gigabytes

Type of Memory (RAM)
DDR3 SDRAM

Wireless Networking
Wireless-B|Wireless-N|Wireless-G

Audio Technology High-definition with up to 5.1 surround sound capabilities; BeatsAudio

A:looking to see if my month old computer has anything hiding on it

Hello,

please download MiniToolBox by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator and make sure that these options are checked :

Flush DNS
Reset IE Proxy Settings
Reset FF Proxy Settings
List Installed Programs

Post log here .

Step 2

Download TFC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.

Run it as Administrator and click on Start button.

If programs need restart, allow it to do so.

NOTE: IF your desktop disappears, don't panic, it's normal.

Step 3

Scan with Zemana Antimalware

Download Zemana Antimalware and install it on your system.

Under Scan type choose Full Scan and let the tool scan system.

If malware is found click Next to remove it and let the tool restart your computer.

If no malware is found , that's it .

NOTE: Leave actions at default unless you know what are you doing .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583343/looking-to-see-if-my-month-old-computer-has-anything-hiding-on-it/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am a i nsurace agent, i have to collect the premium with my client every month. Every time need to check 1 by 1 is tired.
i also find many tutorial but still not understanding the step. if any can help just to help. can be the due date client put in a notice boxes?

Here is my file:

Relevancy 47.3%

About two months ago I purchased a Dell Inspiron 7548.  It has 8 gb of ram and 1tb harddrive. It is continually getting slower and slower, particularly while browsing.  I am unable to stream a simple video and loading a web page takes as long as a few minutes.  The issue exists on multiple connections (home, work, my sister's house) and doesn't appear to have any correlation to the speed of the connection.  I have run virus and malware scans and have not had any infections. I am at my wit's end on this as I spent a decent amount of money for this laptop and it is by far the slowest I've ever had.  Thanks in advance for any help.  

A:2 Month old computer extremely slow!!! Please help!

Several possible causes. Tell us what programs you have used to find adware and malware.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

After running CCleaner...post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner:

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.
At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next
post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you
will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580270/2-month-old-computer-extremely-slow-please-help/
Relevancy 47.3%

hello i have a new acer aspire 5552 laptop computer that keeps crashing. despite the fact that i have paretologic pc health advisor installed on it. i keep scanning and fixing but it doesn't seem to work out. Please can some one help me PLZZZZ B4 I BRAKE MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:One month old Acer computer keeps crashing

If it's only a month old and continually crashes, I would be taking it back under warranty, get a replacement. But, does it crash as soon as you are into Windows desktop, or when you open a certain program, or when you try to get on the net?
Does it do the same thing every time, or does it run well sometimes? You can't go checking inside for faulty parts, or your warranty will be void. Tricky.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-month-old-acer-computer-keeps-crashing.158065/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Im new here just signed up today I have a Major problem with my new month old computer can anyone help Its ! month constently old Restarting computer custom made from a very trustworthy manufactuar and I have been using it for a whole month now with no problems Mostly Playing WoW I Havent downloaded Installed anything but Mozilla Firefox BitComet No files DNLed yet Avg Virus FREE Edition Ad Aware Diablo Warcraft MSN Messenger and World of Warcraft I do not browse much on Mozilla i use it usually to play games Now my problem is One day I hookup my computer like usual I switch between my mothers and my own because we only have one Moniter at the moment and it started up as usual It came to the windows Log In screen and I typed in my Pass and got on normaly I connected to my ! month old computer Restarting constently internet normally and started playing the WoW when a virus alert poped up from AVG saying Virus has been decected I of course Healed file and after that I ALT TABed back to WoW Then the computer ! month old computer Restarting constently Froze and restarted ! month old computer Restarting constently auto When reaching the Wondows Loading screen it then restarted again And again once reaching the loading screen So naturally I Booted it up in Safe Mode and did a full Virus and Ad Ware check and found Adware and Viruses I Deleted them and thought everything would be fine Those Viruses found in system folder of WINDOWS then my computer crashed again and did the same thing over again I booted it up in safe mode and decided to do a System Restore to a week ago when the computer was running fine When the computer restarted like the system restore said it would do I haden't changed at all once it had restarted i know this from my unchanged Wallpaper and WoW Screenshots Folder on desktop Well thats the whole story

A:! month old computer Restarting constently

Hi kai140, Welcome to TSF !!

I recommend you Subscribe to this thread so you are notified of any replies via email
To do this :
Click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread
Make sure it is set to Instant Notification by email, then click Subscribe

I would like you to go here :
Please, Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
After you have followed the instructions post a HijackThis log here, so we can help you more efficiently !

Thank you !

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/month-old-computer-restarting-constently-110437.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Description of what is wrong Ocassional blue screen of death quot file corrupt quot message followed by a restart ill try to get a picture of it but it autorestarts in about seconds THis is the most annoying part of the virus Also Desktop becomes hidden by a black window a fake task manager has been seen at one point Certain applications suddenly stop working folder locations seem different for instance sometimes when computer 3 WITH A month NEW old NICE VIRUS you double click my computer it opens my documents instead I can still scan with AVG anti virus and Malwarebyes and neither of those programs are any help DDT DDS 3 month old computer WITH A NICE NEW VIRUS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jessica at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe 3 month old computer WITH A NICE NEW VIRUS C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe 3 month old computer WITH A NICE NEW VIRUS -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Windows system AERTSrv exe C Program Files AGI common win PythonService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X HP MC EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Jessica Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks AGSearchHook Class bc e fa- ef- - c- a c a - c program files agi common agcutils dll uWinlogon Shell explorer exe c recycler s- - - - - - - rundll exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO CB BF -BBAE- A - F - FF D - No File BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO IeMonitorBho Class bf e - a - fd -b - b e c - c program files megaupload mega manager MegaIEMn dll BHO Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll TB FA EF... Read more

A:3 month old computer WITH A NICE NEW VIRUS

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Your hard drive is almost full.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 134 GiB total, 16.041 GiB free.

Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance. I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

Due to the restrictions on Vista, all tools should be started by right-click > Run as Administrator

If you click 'Start' and have no 'Run' function, please right-click Start > Properties > Start menu tab > Customize button > and tick 'Display Run' box > OK > OK.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/3-month-old-computer-with-a-nice-new-virus-430156.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am going nuts I bought a new PC in slowwwwwww old 6 computer month soooo May and it kicked But the last few months it keeps getting stuck bogged down takes forever and hangs up on every move when I have no programs running it acts like it is editing a movie or something I have Norton running and I did a Kapersky online scan just to be thorough and Kapersky revealed nothing zero zip What is making my nice new puter act like it s on roofies in quicksand Any help is always appreciated Here is my HJT log and what else should I do to find the ghost in the machine Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost 6 month old computer soooo slowwwwwww exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files antepo opnclient opnclient exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files antepo opnclient OpnExeProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files HiJack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http r office microsoft com r rlido custreg clid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Progr... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

I ve got a real freaky problem here I searched the threads but I didn t see anything that even looked close to what I m talking about On to the problem A few months ago my computer just seemed to die No warning no known reason one second I m looking at the regular screen the next it has reset itself and can no longer get anywhere It never makes it to post let alone past it The standby light on the monitor stays orange and the CD-ROM drive seems once Computer month.............For in up starts hours. few a a to stay active but that s all This is what happens for the next two or three days until I finally give up on it Computer starts up once in a month.............For a few hours. Flash forward to last night I turned it on more by accident than anything else Amazingly it works like normal goes to the windows screen like a champ about an hour into trying to Computer starts up once in a month.............For a few hours. figure out what was wrong it resets itself This time it goes all the way to the windows screen again but it resets itself almost as soon as I Computer starts up once in a month.............For a few hours. click on an icon It continues to reset itself like this a few more times until it finally goes back to the original problem of not booting up at all The only symptoms I ve been able to see are the CD-ROM light is continuously flashing the monitor doesn t come out of standby and there s a strange clicking noise The clicking seems to show up at a rate of two clicks per second System specs amd athlon mb RAM one CD-ROM drive and three HDD drives What I ve done so far I bought a new CMOS battery I saw the clock slipping a few times reseated the cards and RAM plus playing the RAM one at a time Unfortunately I m broke so I can t buy anything to swap out parts with just yet Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Computer starts up once in a month.............For a few hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-starts-up-once-in-a-month-for-a-few-hours.195428/
Relevancy 47.3%

this is my recent scan i am a computer illiterate plz do help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C month........ by computer been over a my Help, infected Trojan.......for has Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files SMSC Seticon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files mobile PhoneTools WatchDog exe C WINDOWS FixCamera exe C WINDOWS tsnp std exe C WINDOWS vsnp std exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Help, my computer has been infected by Trojan.......for over a month........ WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Webshots webshots scr C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C DOCUME Melody LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo amp amp amp - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Webshots Toolbar - C D -ECB - b - -F DCC - C Program Files Webshots WSToolbar IE dll O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - HKCU Run kava C WINDOWS system kavo exe O - Extra context menu item amp Webshots Photo Search - res C Program Files Webshots WSToolbar IE dll MENUSEARCH HTM O - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htm O - Extra context menu item Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspx O - Extra context menu item amp amp amp Microsoft Excel amp X - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar Components zh-tw msntabres dll mui d d fcbb f a O - Extra context menu item amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar Components zh-tw msntabres dll mui d d fcbb f a O - Extra context menu item amp amp amp QQ amp amp - C Documents and Settings amp amp My Documents ddd DD AddEmotion htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java amp amp amp - ... Read more

A:Help, my computer has been infected by Trojan.......for over a month........

You may want to print this or save it to notepad as we will go to safe mode.

Fix these with HiJackThis mark them, close IE, click fix checked

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [kava] C:\WINDOWS\system32\kavo.exe

DownLoad http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip or
http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/killbox.exe

Restart your computer into safe mode now. (Tapping F8 at the first black screen) Perform the following steps in safe mode:

Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following line(s) one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box.
Be sure to note the EXACT spelling of the file

C:\WINDOWS\system32\kavo.exe

Note: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.

START RUN type in %temp% - OK - Edit Select all File Delete

Delete everything in the C:\Windows\Temp folder or C:\WINNT\temp

Not all temp files will delete and that is normal
Empty the recycle bin
Boot
Download Superantispyware (SAS) free home version

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others as they were.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
Click close and close again to exit the program.
Please paste that information here for me regardless of what it finds with a new HijackThis log.

This will take some time!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-computer-has-been-infected-by-trojan-for-over-a-month.631806/
Relevancy 47.3%

Help I just recently bought a computer about months ago It is an Acer Aspire v - g- So a couple nights ago I was playing Broken. Help! old month Suddenly 5 computer. an online game and I needed to go to bed so I shut my laptop screen like I normally do putting it asleep but this time being impatient putting the computer to sleep with the game closing because I didn t want to wait for the game to shut down The next morning I wanted to get on my laptop to get on the internet to look something up so I opened my laptop and turned it on My computer was taking an unusually 5 month old computer. Suddenly Broken. Help! long time to boot up I automatically assumed it was the game that didn t close down the previous night so I 5 month old computer. Suddenly Broken. Help! turned the computer off 5 month old computer. Suddenly Broken. Help! using the button I know this is bad for the laptop The next time I turned it on I let it do its thing by the way the computer normally takes less than a minute to boot up so I was concerned at this point I waited a good - waiting for it to get past the Acer splash screen and go to the login screen Then once past splash screen it would take another - min trying to load login screen then once on login screen and I would type in password it didn t want to login and I had to wait another - min for it to go to desktop then it would load desktop but it was too slow to barely do anything Well you get the point I waited a lot I automatically assumed it was a virus malware and did get the computer to log on to desktop so I could perform scans I followed the online guide from http malwaretips com blogs malware-removal-guide-for-windows but only got to complete step amp because the computer was so slow I would have to wait a month for malware bytes to finish scan I found nothing from both step amp does that rule out it being a virus Because I just bought the laptop I believe I still have the year warranty that everyone gets from Acer at least I hope I bought the laptop from Amazon is there anything they will help me with give me a replacement I have heard bad things about Acer and sending computers in for repair should I do that I seriously don t know what happened overnight for this to happen this is a brand new laptop that acted perfectly fine the night before I don t know what to do I hope someone can give me a suggestion on what is happening or just simply what to do to diagnose the problem please I am so lost If you need any more information about the laptop please tell me I am not sure if this has something to do with what is currently happening with my laptop but I will tell you anyways in case someone can link this with my current problem So about a couple months into owning my laptop my computer gave me memory problems RAM Random Access Memory I would be playing a game or just browsing the internet and a little box would pop up saying I had low memory and I needed to close programs then I would shut off my computer and just turn it back on and it would be working fine again so I ignored the problem until this new problem happened D This is a Windows laptop Processor GHz Core i U RAM Random Access Memory GB DDR Hard Drive GB SATA Type of Hard Drive Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GeForce GT M nbsp

A:5 month old computer. Suddenly Broken. Help!

Sounds like a hardware fault. Most likely would be the HDD. You can test the HDD using the drive manufacturers disk tools available from their website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-month-old-computer-suddenly-broken-help.1127123/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello! I just joined the forum.

I have been having this random BSOD problem for about the past week, and it's become very irritating. I'm so safe when it comes to viruses and stuff, and this computer is quite new. I have updated drivers and stuff, but nothing has resolved the problem. The only solution that seemed to work temporarily was disabling my overclock, but within days the BSODs started occurring again. I have attached the .zip file that contains the dumps and stuff.

The reason for the BSOD is almost always different. I mainly see something about bad memory management, and there are also ones like bad header and stuff.

Also, please give very clear step-by-step instructions in your replies. I am not very educated about this kind of thing.

Please help me before I go crazy.

A:BSOD on very nice, 2 month-old computer

Are you having both AVG and avast! installed?

Security App

Crashes indicate both your Antivirus being a possible cause. Remove them and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides more stability. Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, both recommended from a strict BSOD perspective.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
DO NOT start the free trial of MalwareBytes. Deselect the option when prompted.

Overclocking

If you are overclocking any hardware, STOP. Reset any changed values back to default.
Please remove any overclocking software if you have them.

Please run these tests and report back the results

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - Disk Check
3. Troubleshoot applications by a clean boot - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying close attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

The below is for information purposes only. Contains relevant information from the blue screen analysis:

Code:
Debug session time: Sat Apr 27 04:20:24.303 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Yusra\SysnativeBSODApps\042613-39795-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:33.146
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+6071 )
BugCheck 1A, {411, fffff68000119080, 4800, fffff68000000003}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000411, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff68000119080
Arg3: 0000000000004800
Arg4: fffff68000000003
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_411
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_411_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+6071
MaxSpeed: 3500
CurrentSpeed: 3500
BiosVersion = P1.90
BiosReleaseDate = 07/13/2012
SystemManufacturer = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
SystemProductName = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Apr 27 02:56:21.746 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Yusra\SysnativeBSODApps\042613-31090-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:28:31.589
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromProto+1c )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800032c6cec, fffff8800abc7e50, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff800032c6cec, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800abc7e50, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: mbam.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromProto+1c
MaxSpeed: 3500
CurrentSpeed: 3500
BiosVersion = P1.90
BiosReleaseDate = 07/13/2012
SystemManufacturer = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
SystemProductName = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Apr 27 01:55:33.856 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Yusra\SysnativeBSODApps\042613-32947-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:13.589
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )
BugCheck 19, {3, fffff88006326790, fffff8800632e690, fffff8800632bd90}
BugCheck Info: BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Bugcheck code 00000019
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, the pool freelist is corrupt.
Arg2: fffff88006326790, the pool ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/287925-bsod-very-nice-2-month-old-computer.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I got my wife a new computer because she plans on starting a cupcake business from home. Well it is a brand new sony touch screen computer and is already running slow. I have avg on there and avg says nothing about viruses, but everytime you click on a page, it never fully loads or closes out. I know its not the internet because every other device we use works fine. It also has trouble starting some other programs. It has windows 8 on it.

A:4 month old computer acting funny

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509759/4-month-old-computer-acting-funny/
Relevancy 47.3%

So I came back from a one month vacation trip, and my computer BSODs at random times. Sometimes when I'm using chrome, sometimes when I'm playing a game, sometimes when I'm using skype. Starting a download, taking a coffee break, and coming back to a BSOD is pretty typical. Finally decided that I need some help.

Attached files has a few BSODs that were caused by driver verifier. The most recent BSOD was caused by driver verifier for sure, the others I don't remember.

Also, I turned on the BSOD dump file option on after this problem got bad, so there isn't any before those.

A:BSOD happens randomly after no computer use for one month

Various different bugcheck codes are there which may indicate many a things (plus a good lot of craps and bloatwares and installed there) but first of all you need to test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/342385-bsod-happens-randomly-after-no-computer-use-one-month.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I was hoping someone might be familiar with this problem and could help me trouble shoot this Any help would be much appreciated As 3 computer custom posts. longer month no old you ll see below I ve already been going through the process of elimination but with no luck I ve 3 month old custom computer no longer posts. had a newly custom built computer for about month and everything worked like a charm One morning I woke up and when I tried to turn my computer on everything turned on except the computer won t post The fans lights hard drives etc all seem to running normally No weird sounds or clicks Here s a list of what I ve tried and below I ll put a list of my computer hardware Yep I checked to make sure everythings plugged in and nice and snug including CPU Ran a memory test which came up with zero errors I also took sticks of ram out of my computer and restarted it that way Removed sound card 3 month old custom computer no longer posts. videocard and unplugged dvd-rom and harddrives I was hoping it would posts and then I could put everything back in to see what was causing the problem I replaced the motherboard with the exact same motherboard and the computer still won t post checked the led lights on the d bracket connector green lights come on which according to my motherboard manual means operating system is booting Since my processors brand new and they don t go bad out of the box easily I really don t think this could be the problem but then again I don t really know how to check besides swapping in another CPU which I don t have the funds to do Today I m going to try and buy a power supply tester from radioshack and see if it might be the powersupply The powersupply comes on however so if its faulty it doesn t show any signs of it Here s a list of what s inside my computer COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RP- -PCAR ATX from factor V V W Power Supply G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - PHU - GBHZ EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GTS Superclocked MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card MSI P N SLI Platinum LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Any help would me much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Computer Associates are offering a 12 month trial subscription to the eTrust EZ AntiVirus software 2005 version7.0.6.7. Here is a link.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/antivirus/default.mspx
Jillian

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/12-month-trial-subscription-from-computer-associates.357766/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi guys bought my computer end of december and days ago it starts running slow as min to load windows where it took secs min to login where i never ever used to wait for it to login constant lagging throughout running basic programs Specs and info Hardware Intel Core Duo GHz Gigabyte Motherboard model GA- GMF-S x mb ram x Gb hard drives x DVD burners Software ALL UP TO DATE Windows XP SP Symantec Antivirus Version Zonealarm Security Suite Version Spyware Doctor Version Ad-Aware SE Personal Other Info Defrag has been done on hard drive with program files only other drive said unnecessary virus scans and spyware checks all done with low spyware infections only HIJACK THIS LOGFILE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost old 2 computer slow as a turtle turned month exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files 2 month old computer turned slow as a turtle Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DoScan exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http au yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http au yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http au yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www bitcomet com client install-finish l en us O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe -startup O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

Running perfectly since new approx years old Windows Home Premium x system has crashed x with a BSOD in the last couple weeks I leave my computer on and when I return in the morning the computer was shut down I had a case fan go bad so figured I would try BSOD approx not month Overnight 1 in when 4x computer- using replacing that and also replaced the power supply while I was at it to see if that would remedy the issue Ran fine for a few days and woke up again this morning to a shut down computer I will also note that the case fan connector on the mother board seems BSOD Overnight when not using computer- 4x in approx 1 month to be going bad as the new case fan did just sputtered and would try but not get turning I ended up plugging it in to another fan terminal on the motherboard and it runs fine now The computer never crashes or shuts down while I am using it It always happens overnight and find it shut down when I come down to work in the morning Actually I have had no problems at all since I bought the computer about years ago Can anyone help me identify fix the problem I am hoping not to have to do a clean install if avoidable I would be more than happy provide any other information I can that may help My system is a Asus Essentio Series with an Intel Core i - CPU GHz GB RAM C drive is a TB SATA I have other external portable hard drives connected via USB that I use for work for back up and the other as a second back up and has some older files on it I am attaching the DM Collector zip file I appreciate any help anyone may offer Thank you Rob Edit I apologize the subject line is incorrect it has not been a month but more like weeks started on again on and again this morning

A:BSOD Overnight when not using computer- 4x in approx 1 month

Welcome to 7F. I'll take a look at your logs and see if I can help you resolve your issues.

All of your four dumps are pointing to a driver that belongs to NetGear Genie. It's very old and the resolution probably lies in a firmware update. Details on how can be found here.
Code:
BugCheck A, {fffffa803b2aa178, 2, 1, fffff800030e5035}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for npf.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for npf.sys
Probably caused by : npf.sys ( npf+2bb2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> lmvm npf
start end module name
fffff880`03c29000 fffff880`03c35000 npf T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: npf.sys
Image path: \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\npf.sys
Image name: npf.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jun 25 17:50:58 2010 (4C24DE72)
CheckSum: 00011844
ImageSize: 0000C000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Code:
NETGEARGenie "C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\NETGEARGenie.exe" -mini -redirect Hogwildz-PC\Hogwildz

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367481-bsod-overnight-when-not-using-computer-4x-approx-1-month.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm tired of windows but have a relatively new unit so I pay HP smart friend $15 per month in order to keep the ugliness at bay.
Does your community find this totally unnecessary because I am concerned about problems that arise using windows.
Hundred and $180 a year is a lot of money to keep pop-ups etc from the inevitable invasion.

A:paying $15 a month to prevent computer problems

I don't know what other members on the forum think but personally I think it is a waste of money. Get a good antivirus program and do most of your internet browsing in a limited user account. Give the admin account a strong password. If you are browsing and see a UAC windows popup you know somthing is trying to change your system.

Edit: Use a browser like Chrome or Firefox with the following add-ons.

No-Script for Firefox or Scriptblock for Chrome
Adblock Plus for Firefox or Adguard for Chrome
Ghostery works for Firefox and Chrome

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552965/paying-15-a-month-to-prevent-computer-problems/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi - you helped me disinfect my system about month ago had Trojan Downloader Ruins and my system was running slowly afterwards I thought it might be the WinXP; computer month ago cleaned ~1 system Sluggish - new firewall and avast anti-virus systems but still seems to be running slowly after getting rid of those AdAware and SpyBot picked up some insignificant cookies etc and the virus scans were clean Is there anything that you see here that could be causing the problems Is my computer just worn down year old Toshiba laptop Here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System THotkey exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C WINDOWS system TPWRTRAY EXE C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Wire Wireless Client Manager CMTWO EXE C Program Files Adobe Sluggish computer - WinXP; cleaned system ~1 month ago Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Trend Micro Tmas Tmas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C HJT hijackthis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Sluggish computer - WinXP; cleaned system ~1 month ago Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http rd yahoo com customize sbcyds search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe Type O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run Tpwrtray TPWRTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe run O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Global Startup Wire Wireless Client Manager lnk O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global S... Read more

A:Sluggish computer - WinXP; cleaned system ~1 month ago

Fix this..

O16 - DPF: {88D969C0-F192-11D4-A65F-0040963251E5} (XML DOM Document 4.0) - file://C:\WINDOWS\msxml4.cab

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
** click on "Free use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Check Now & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click Scan Now ...begins downloading 8 MB Panda's ActiveX controls
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Please ignore any entry it finds and wants you to buy the program for removal as we will address this later.
Click on see report. Then click Save report
Please post that log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/sluggish-computer-winxp-cleaned-system-1-month-ago-87222.html
Relevancy 46.44%

was recently playing some league of legends and browsing youtube and my screen flashed went black for a few seconds and i got a blue screen of death ive read other posts there is no name or sys file to indicate what caused it just this in the technical information STOP X E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF EA X X B i have read the forums and it tells me to download that file to collect the dump data and to zip it up so you guys can see it but problem the BSOD happens around seconds after loading up the desktop ive tried a system restore still its happening restar on month computer BSOD custom built 0X0000001E old 5 computer logs me in lasts a few second mouse freezes screen flashes black and theres the blue screen of death dislaying the same thing over and over again anyideas on how to install this or will i have to do BSOD on 5 month old custom built computer 0X0000001E a full install of windows again i have been having graphics card issues every now and again before the dump for instance watcing a youtube video the youtube player would turn full green and it would say a graphics related so and so has stopped working Yesterday i got it to work and not show me the screen of death for around hours when i restdarted it bam the screen again when it did work for taht limited amount of time it said somethign about a catalyst center had stopped working my graphics drivers i thught were uptodate as im using a RADEON HD Graphics card please help

A:BSOD on 5 month old custom built computer 0X0000001E

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/188926-bsod-5-month-old-custom-built-computer-0x0000001e.html
Relevancy 40.42%

This is my first post so please go easy on me I'm not sure what would the of month?" "time Computer's be the best forum for this so I am putting it here If there is a more appropriate forum for this thread I will move it accordingly Ok so it all started about a month ago I had had a crappy computer I got with Win XP and stuff and I was using that for about years equals years in computer years I know Long story short I decided to build my own new one and save some money using some of the parts from my old computer I am Computer's "time of the month?" attaching a rundown of all my specs so I won't get into that here Anyway on the attached specs it says gb of RAM but I actually have Not sure why it says that Speaking of which I just recently installed the second gb a few days ago When I first put it together I only had gb The first gb I used worked wonderfully so I bought the EXACT same brand make speed etc and put it in to make gb A-data gb X mhz My post is not about this but I'm just giving a detailed of info as I can But that's when it started acting strange I was then having problems with my video card I kept getting BSOD about video adapters So I took it out and put it back in reseating and it worked fine However now when I play Starcraft it will take me out of the game and give me an error message that says quot Out of System quot I have not yet run memtest but I will after I post this I have checked the EventLog and it is full of errors but I don't know what to do about it besides saying quot shuks quot I have scanned my system with anti-virus-spyware-maleware programs full scan and they came back with a clean bill of health To climax of my story is I had just copied some pics from one HDD to the other and then I went to shut down my computer It then proceeded to freeze completely Have no other alternative I pushed the reset button My computer then began to restart that phrase is kinda redundant huh and then beeped continuously and wouldn't POST at all not long and short with pauses just beeping nonstop I then pushed reset again and it gave some kind of dull 'almost' beep I turned it off and unplugged it leaving there for about minutes Being a bit of a gambling man I decided to try it again Lo and behold it turned on I am using it now For the tome being all seems well But as we all know computers are like sitcoms Everyweek there is a problems that gets solved by a relatively simple method and it pretty boring to boot Summary of Problems sometimes BSOD particularly when playing Starcraft When playing above mentioned game it minimizes and says quot Out of System quot Recently installed additional gb of RAM For no reason time of month lol it froze beeped like a mad man and wouldn't turn on for a brief spell I will provide any additional info that it required I just want to get my system working without worrying about whether or not it will even turn on Thank you all for your time and patience

A:Computer's "time of the month?"

Here is the rest of my system info. (MoBo number etc...)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computers-time-of-the-month-555458.html
Relevancy 36.98%

In the midst of trying to install updates to my computer (Dell Inspiron 1521 with Windows Vista) I somehow did something that:

- Made Firefox and Safari stop working/connecting to the internet
- Allowed Internet Explorer to remain functioning
- Made MediaDirect stop working completely
- Won't let Windows Media Player recognize DVDs

Did I screw something up somehow? And is this reversable?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-recognizing-dvds-firefox-safari-not-working-ie-is-working.894799/
Relevancy 36.98%

Im running this Hijack log for someone The disk not lag, Computer disk not scandisk and defrag working, working defragmentor isnt working and starting over along with the scan disk The computer lags sometimes and logs off Here is a log let me know if there is anything wrong thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM Computer lag, and disk defrag not working, scandisk not working MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSRTE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLDIAL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSSHLD EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSESCN EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM AGENT MCAGENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM PERSONAL FIREWALL MPFTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES AOL COMPANION COMPANION EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE AOLTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM PERSONAL FIREWALL MPFAGENT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE WAOL EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE SHELLMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL AOLTPSPD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SLRUNDLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL AOL SPYWARE PROTECTION AOLSP SCHEDULER EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WINZIP EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS TEMP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page C Program Files AOL Toolbar welcome html O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C PROGRAM FILES AOL TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSSHL DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO MCMNHDLR EXE quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT MCUPDATE EXE O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFTRAY EXE O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices AolAcsDaemon quot C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE quot O - HKLM RunServices McVsRte C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO mcvsrte exe embedding O - Startup AOL Companion lnk C Program Files AOL Companion companion exe O - Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exe O - Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C PROGRAM FILES AOL TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL SEARCH HTML O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b-... Read more

A:Computer lag, and disk defrag not working, scandisk not working

Hi PH -

Nothing really jumps out at me in that log. Windows ME is notorious for doing just as you describe....the best way to work around that is to run them in safe mode.

As you know, HJT should not be in TEMP. Move it to a permanent location such as C:\HJT.

You may want to run an online virus check.

Run a scan using Panda ActiveScan http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan. Post the log from the Panda scan here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-lag-and-disk-defrag-not-working-scandisk-not-working-58112.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Okay, basically I've this computer, with card Geforce GT220. Its been working fine, till one day there's no image in the monitor when I switched on the computer. I opened up the case, everythings plugged in correctly, nothing came loose.

I then switched the cable to the onboard GPU of the computer, and the computer is working fine (of course except that it is without the Geforce GT220).. So I thought it must have been the Geforce GT220 problem.

I then plugged the Geforce GT220 onto another computer, and to my surprise, that computer actually worked and the GT220 is actually working fine.

So now what's the likely problem? Any info you guys may need? Appreciate any help over here.

A:Graphic Card not working in a computer but working on another.

Turn off the computer. Unplug the power. Remove the video card. Connect both PC and monitor to VGA connections. Plug in the power cord. Start computer. Is there a picture?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/221519-graphic-card-not-working-computer-but-working-another.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi I m all? router Internet working its on says working computer, but one is on only kind of new to this so please bear with me I currently have computers in the house that are connected through a wired connection The internet is provided by Comcast and we have a port wired router as well The modem supplies the internet and then the modem is connected Internet is only working on one computer, but router says its working on all? to an uplink on the port switch On the routerthere s ethernet cable to the main computer to another computer to the Xbox and another to a wireless adapter type of thing Now all the lights are on and the activity light is blinking like it always is but the internet is still only working on the main computer So it says everything is working but its not I ve called Internet is only working on one computer, but router says its working on all? Comcast and they said there s no problems and that the connection should be working fine and its just a problem with my router I ve tried the power cycle and it would usually work but this time around nothing s been working Tried resetting the modem and it doesn t fix it Need help to get the internet working on all the other computers Please and thanks nbsp

A:Internet is only working on one computer, but router says its working on all?

The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

Note that the wireless encryption and channel selection will have to be done after the basic wired connection is established, the first step is to get wired connections working.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-is-only-working-on-one-computer-but-router-says-its-working-on-all.833229/
Relevancy 35.26%

Going to try here one more time before I scrap this computer About a month get over a help for month. to Trying ago I got the quot fake anti-virus quot virus I ve seen it called the quot Rogue anti virus quot I deleted the virus presumably but major damage seems to be irreversible Computer is extremely slow Trying to get help for over a month. now it seems to by constantly running something making a lot of noise lights flashing etc Under task manager nothing unusual is running Just getting firefox to open is a major chore as it usually results in quot program is not responding quot Exe files no longer work If I place a video game into the disc Trying to get help for over a month. try the installer will not open For example a blizzard game will come up as quot blizzardinstaller exe quot under task manager but then it will close within seconds I also have problems launching about of exe programs that are already installed and if they do launch then they are impossible to use due to the lag which use to never be a issue The virus deleted all system restore points when it deleted the system restore program In its current state this computer is almost impossible to work on super laggy Ideally I would like to do a full system restore I don t have a disc Is there a way to do a full system restore on Win during the start up process I ve tried the majority of the F keys but have yet to find anything Thanks

A:Trying to get help for over a month.

Why didn't you finish with this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic432877.html/page__p__2512356#entry2512356 ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434893/trying-to-get-help-for-over-a-month/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a media rota as an Excel spreadsheet for tech team activities for Sundays at my church I want to highlight using conditional formatting the first Sunday of the month and to colour-band alternate months I could do this manually each time I issue the rota but it would save a little time if the colours could automatically be set when I determine the activity dates The rota covers four months at a time see attached I set the starting date by typing into cell A I know how to use Conditional Formatting but don t know how to calculate the first Sunday The quot first Sunday quot formatting would of course be applied to all dates in the First Day a in Month A column and the banding to all cells between A and F so there are four cells that would need to accommodate both - but maybe I m running before I can walk I use Excel in Office running under WinXPPro I am an experienced Excel user but I don t do VBA nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

well here's an up date on my experience of buying an Acer desk top as i have said before was going to buy dell but hey just happened to be out of stock of the PC that i was going to buy so i took chance and bought Acer XC- and its been nbsp nbsp a bit nbsp of a month old one sorry purchase having to take the first one back to be replaced nbsp and due to one month old work i have hardly used the replacement and boy nbsp o boy nbsp is it a slow slow slow bit of kit and nbsp my advice to anyone would be give Acer a body swerve and buy another brand as you will be wasting your cash for a brand new PC windows ten to be so slow is nbsp unbelievable loading basic web browsing pages takes ages nbsp and well i could go on but i have just one month old been stung for large sum of cash and feel robbed so buyer beware nbsp will post further update on PC one month old performance but dont have any high hopes of improvments nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/one-month-old/td-p/461604
Relevancy 35.26%

I have been having problems with laptops both Compaq Presario Notebooks with Windows XP and have spent over hours online with tech support hired a month... a HELP!! please over It's been local computer tech to restore one computer and still having the same issues and same messages coming up I purchased Webroot Spysweeper and McAfee Anti virus with the computer and now have Spybot It's been over a month... please HELP!! from a tech person that I talked to I am posting the most recent log from my last Spybot Search amp Destroy that I just did I saw someone else was getting some of the same errors and thought maybe you could help me figure this out My boyfriend and I had It's been over a month... please HELP!! the two laptops networked and shared a wireless DSL connection and that is when we starting having all of these problems Please give me any advice and I would be happy to make a donation Sorry this is soooo long but I still have pages of system information saved in a Word document that was too long to send Search result list --- Microsoft WindowsSecurityCenter AntiVirusDisableNotify Settings Registry change nothing done HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center AntiVirusDisableNotify dword Microsoft WindowsSecurityCenter FirewallDisableNotify Settings Registry change nothing done HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center FirewallDisableNotify dword Log Activity COM log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS COM log Log Activity SchedLgU Txt Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS SchedLgU Txt Log Activity imsins log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS imsins log Log Activity OEWABLog txt Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS OEWABLog txt Log Install comsetup log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS comsetup log Log Install ocgen log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS ocgen log Log Install setupact log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS setupact log Log Install setupapi log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS setupapi log Log Install setuperr log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS setuperr log Log Install setuplog txt Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS setuplog txt Log Install wmsetup log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS wmsetup log Log Install DtcInstall log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS DtcInstall log Log Shutdown System wbem logs mofcomp log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs mofcomp log Log Shutdown System wbem logs setup log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs setup log Log Shutdown System wbem logs wbemcore log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wbemcore log Log Shutdown System wbem logs wbemess lo Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wbemess lo Log Shutdown System wbem logs wbemess log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wbemess log Log Shutdown System wbem logs wbemprox log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wbemprox log Log Shutdown System wbem logs winmgmt log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs winmgmt log Log Shutdown System wbem logs wmiadap log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wmiadap log Log Shutdown System wbem logs wmiprov log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wmiprov log Internet Explorer Typed URL list files Registry key nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer TypedURLs Internet Explorer Download directory Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Download Directory Internet Explorer User agent Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS DEFAULT Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Internet Explorer User agent Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Internet Explorer User agent Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings User Agent Mozi... Read more

A:It's been over a month... please HELP!!

Hi, I haven't seen any responses to my post last night even though several people have reviewed it? Can someone please assist me with this? Also, why is there a check mark on my thread? Answered the check mark question myself. Sorry. I am a bit frustrated at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/its-been-over-a-month-please-help.555502/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello,

I have got BSOD on my laptop every month. I can't find solution. I'll be glad for any help.

My laptop is:

LENOVO TP Edge E540 20C6003V
Windows 8.1 Pro 64b OEM
1,5 year old
reinstalled half year ago
I replaced original HDD to 256GB SSD.

I attached dump files and sysnative files.

Thanks.

A:BSOD every month

Hi,

Ok so all 3 dump files have traces of ESET antivirus and 2 of the 3 minidump files directly blame an ESET driver as the culprit.

Try reinstalling and updating ESET or uninstalling it completely if you don't mind. I realize it's a paid antivirus and that you probably want to keep it. Some information about the drivers below:

Driver Reference Table - em008_64.dat
Driver Reference Table - eamonm.sys

Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_em008_64+3bd54

Code:
STACK_TEXT:
ffffd001`799f9c88 fffff803`cc57343a : 00000000`00000133 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000501 00000000`00000500 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd001`799f9c90 fffff803`cc4539b7 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x1258a
ffffd001`799f9d20 fffff803`ccb9c67f : 00000000`000000ff ffffd001`74fb9bf0 ffffe000`7c4003b0 ffffe000`00008201 : nt!KeClockInterruptNotify+0x787
ffffd001`799f9f40 fffff803`cc4e5eb3 : ffffe000`7c400300 00000000`00000008 ffffd001`799c8240 fffff803`cc400000 : hal!HalpTimerClockInterrupt+0x4f
ffffd001`799f9f70 fffff803`cc551e2a : ffffe000`7c400300 ffffe000`8ea6a1c8 ffffe000`84e89ea0 ffffe000`88c80538 : nt!KiCallInterruptServiceRoutine+0xa3
ffffd001`799f9fb0 fffff803`cc55220f : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 ffffd001`00000000 00001f80`004702c2 : nt!KiInterruptSubDispatchNoLockNoEtw+0xea
ffffd001`799eb720 ffffe000`8523bd54 : ffffe000`8521e1bc 00000000`80000065 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`00000000 : nt!KiInterruptDispatchLBControl+0x11f
ffffd001`799eb8b8 ffffe000`8521e1bc : 00000000`80000065 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`00000000 ffffe000`84fc5ca5 : em008_64+0x3bd54
ffffd001`799eb8c0 00000000`80000065 : ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`00000000 ffffe000`84fc5ca5 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 : em008_64+0x1e1bc
ffffd001`799eb8c8 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 : ffffe000`00000000 ffffe000`84fc5ca5 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`852322e0 : 0x80000065
ffffd001`799eb8d0 ffffe000`00000000 : ffffe000`84fc5ca5 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`852322e0 ffffe000`84e89e38 : 0xffffe000`8e0ad5c9
ffffd001`799eb8d8 ffffe000`84fc5ca5 : ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`852322e0 ffffe000`84e89e38 ffffe000`84fb1448 : 0xffffe000`00000000
ffffd001`799eb8e0 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 : ffffe000`852322e0 ffffe000`84e89e38 ffffe000`84fb1448 00000000`09655580 : 0xffffe000`84fc5ca5
ffffd001`799eb8e8 ffffe000`852322e0 : ffffe000`84e89e38 ffffe000`84fb1448 00000000`09655580 ffffe000`858bf2e0 : 0xffffe000`8e0ad5a8
ffffd001`799eb8f0 ffffe000`84e89e38 : ffffe000`84fb1448 00000000`09655580 ffffe000`858bf2e0 ffffe000`84fb1448 : em008_64+0x322e0
ffffd001`799eb8f8 ffffe000`84fb1448 : 00000000`09655580 ffffe000`858bf2e0 ffffe000`84fb1448 ffffe000`852321b0 : 0xffffe000`84e89e38
ffffd001`799eb900 00000000`09655580 : ffffe000`858bf2e0 ffffe000`84fb1448 ffffe000`852321b0 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 : 0xffffe000`84fb1448
ffffd001`799eb908 ffffe000`858bf2e0 : ffffe000`84fb1448 ffffe000`852321b0 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`973767f8 : 0x9655580
ffffd001`799eb910 ffffe000`84fb1448 : ffffe000`852321b0 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`973767f8 00000000`00000001 : 0xffffe000`858bf2e0
ffffd001`799eb918 ffffe000`852321b0 : ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`973767f8 00000000`00000001 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 : 0xffffe000`84fb1448
ffffd001`799eb920 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 : ffffe000`973767f8 00000000`00000001 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`84fb1418 : em008_64+0x321b0
ffffd001`799eb928 ffffe000`973767f8 : 00000000`00000001 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`84fb1418 ffffe000`8522f3d5 : 0xffffe000`8e0ad5a8
ffffd001`799eb930 00000000`00000001 : ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`84fb1418 ffffe000`8522f3d5 ffffe000`9327cc58 : 0xffffe000`973767f8
ffffd001`799eb938 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 : ffffe000`84fb1418 ffffe000`8522f3d5 ffffe000`9327cc58 ffffd001`799eb9b0 : 0x1
ffffd001`799eb940 ffffe000`84fb1418 : ffffe000`8522f3d5 ffffe000`9327cc58 ffffd001`799eb9b0 ffffd001`799eb978 : 0xffffe000`8e0ad5c9
ffffd001`799eb948 ffffe000`8522f3d5 : ffffe000`9327cc58 ffffd001`799eb9b0 ffffd001`799eb978 00000000`01d06dd1 : 0xffffe000`84fb... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-every-month-986537.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I am sorry to ask such a simple question but has anyone received updates since 9/12 for Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit? I have not had a single update for almost a month. Does this seem odd? I just registered to receive emails from Microsoft whenever updates are released. Maybe then I can see if I am not receiving them for some reason.

If you have any thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

Landon

A:No updates for almost a month

Originally Posted by landonab

I am sorry to ask such a simple question but has anyone received updates since 9/12 for Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit? I have not had a single update for almost a month. Does this seem odd? I just registered to receive emails from Microsoft whenever updates are released. Maybe then I can see if I am not receiving them for some reason.

If you have any thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

Landon

Hi Landon,

You might check how your updating is set up

Windows Update - Windows Automatic Updating

and make sure you have the latest version of WUAgent

How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help manage updates on a computer

Hope it helps

SIW2

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/184817-no-updates-almost-month.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Microsoft seems to be able to keep everything within its control in regards to builds in the past month. Sure, there have been frequent reports of builds being built, but no build in the last month has been leaked. Are Microsoft employees not leaking because they are scared of getting caught?

A:No leaks in over a month

A couple of MS employees were supposedly fired over leaks. Whether true or not, it apparently had the desired effect of scaring others from leaking. A Guy

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/2032-no-leaks-over-month.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I just noticed one of the local IP month... a DMZ for Had like open s on my router changed awhile ago probably from a power outage Had DMZ open for like a month... And that what I thought was my Xbox IP that was DMZ d On was actually my Laptop And it was like this for a good month My wireless laptop in which the DMZ was on is Vista and always had the latest windows updates virus updates - norton malware protection and all that Just wondering how hard easy it would of been for a hacker to gain access during that period of around a month I did not have FTP ing going on or anything like that Just wondering if hackers would of been able to see the sites I accessed during that time and stuff or anything similar Every site I checked regarding this issue before posting was pretty vague about what a hacker could of done in this instance The thing that sucks about having a linksys wireless router is they make ya paranoid because you could view the Incoming Log from the router And the Incoming Log always has weird activity like the other day some IP from China was trying to access or maybe was accessing the webcache port I guessing they never had access and it was blocked from the router but how do I know for sure Seems like newer routers and the more popular ones don t even have the Incoming Log feature any help on all this is much appreciated nbsp

A:Had DMZ open for like a month...

Just look at it as the same thing as your having been connected directly to the internet, as many people are. The router adds an extra layer of protection, but your PC should be well enough protected by itself to be able to be connected to the net.

So, the chances are slim, even if someone knew your IP address and came after you specifically. Whether they could even find an open port due to your firewall settings is even another question. And why would your machine even present as a target? Do you have the plans for the big, new weapon on your hard drive? Other than CC numbers, which they can get by easier methods, most hackers would consider hacking you a waste of time (nothing personal). It's a far more productive use of the hacker's precious time to go after things that are already known to pay off.

I have one machine, for special purposes, that I run through the DMZ all the time. No damage to report yet!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/had-dmz-open-for-like-a-month.1054377/
Relevancy 34.83%

Windows 7 64 Bit OS

Computer Hardware:
Intel i5 cpu 760 2.8 GHZ
4 GB ram
Radeon HD 6870 Video card