Windows Support Forum

Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death

Q: Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death

Hello everyone I have a Toshiba Satellite L D- X computer for the kids and for the Death/Blue of Screen Death Black Screen of price it's a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death good laptop Have had no issues with it until two weeks ago when the screen froze for the boys whilst playing a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death game and downloading a program from the net Had to do a force shutdown and since then we have a BSoD on every boot-up This is what we have tried On 'Starting Windows' we are given an option of either 'Launch Startup Repair' which ends up as BSoD or 'Start Windows Normally' which reverts back to the 'Starting Windows' option list Any attempt to enter 'Safe Mode' results in BSoD Attempting to boot an ISO of the Windows Recovery Disk on a USB key we did highlight it and promote it to the top results in BSoD Borrowing a proper Window installation DVD and highlighting this as an option results in BSoD In fact the only option we used that threw up something different was using advanced boot options On one of these options we got the Blue Screen of Death with the following information Unmountable Boot Volume Disable Bios Memory Options such as caching shadowing Tech info Stop x ED xFFFFFA C CDO xFFFFFFFFC x x I don't mind erasing the hard drive and starting again there's nothing on it that's critical I'd very very much appreciate a steer on this Checked the web for stuff and nothing seems to assist in any other options I am not particularly tech literate but can follow instructions Thanks in advance PS I have not been able to access any option that allows me to either format the drive access DOS or any other options that allows me to try any of the rational things you've set up in your sticky I'm in Dublin Ireland in case you're wondering about the timeline

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death

Hi, malbekh; and welcome to the forum. Please read these threads and post back. We will be glad to help you.

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118570-black-screen-death-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.37%

In need of serious help To begin I am stupid and haven't backed up any of of Stuck blue after death screen screen death, of black on my files so for now a windows reinstall is out of the Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death question unless it's completely necessary okay so the problem I was using my computer as normal Then while on Google Chrome it started getting slow and said quot not responding quot this happens all the time to everyone so I waited and then the dreaded Blue screen of death appeared Didn't get a look at what it said because it shut down almost immediately After that it loaded as normal Which is weird I think But got stuck after startup on the black screen of death All I have is a cursor Can't do ctrl alt del can't load any of the safe modes When I go on startup repair it says quot no restore points quot on system restore and quot could not detect a problem quot on system repair or whatever it's called There must be something to fix this I live in hope that the whole system doesn't need to be wiped clean because as I said I stupidly haven quot t backed up my files Can anyone help Please

A:Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death

this sounds like it should be a BSOD thread, post a seperate thread in the BSOD section following the posting instructions for BSODs, make sure you include the dump files, if you don't know how to do that, it should tell you in the BSOD posting instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368783-stuck-black-screen-death-after-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 92.69%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 92.69%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 91.45%

So for the past 2 weeks I've been crashing none stop usually after playing game for about an hour or just browsing or watching a movie, its a mixture of Page fault in none page area, Memory management, IRQL not less or equal, among others. I don't know whats causing the crashes or any help would be greatly appreciated. i had this laptop for since early december 2009.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3836 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291444 MB, Free - 24376 MB; D: Total - 13495 MB, Free - 2249 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3642
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Disabled

A:Blue screen of death, Freezing, and black screen

Have you installed anything lately? There could be some program or service doing something that isn't needed.
How's the case temperature? Perhaps it's running too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-freezing-and-black-screen.1047034/
Relevancy 91.45%

I am running windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and facing with a big problem,I suppose.
-Black screen sometimes appears after windows is starting(after this)
-Blue screen of death always appears when I am trying to connect for more than 7/8/9/10 times on some of wireless networks,and very rarely appears when I'm playing a game or doing something on the internet.
-Some programs freeze sometimes such as Firefox,DivX Player,Winamp...
Please help me guys!

Relevancy 91.45%

Hello

I have a computer running Windows 7. Last night the computer was running fine. This morning when I turn it on, i get a black screen. To fix the problem I conducted a system restore. After it finished restoring, the computer restarts and everything worked fine. To make sure if everything was in working order, I restart it again. After the "Starting Windows" screens comes up, I get the Blue Screen of Death. I can't even read what the error says because the computer just restarts itself. I did not connect anything new to the computer. I performed a hardware diagnostics to see if it was a hardware failure but no error was found. I can't even get into safe mode. The SFC.exe will be my next step.

A:Windows 7 Black Screen then Blue Screen of Death

The SFC.exe did not work either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-then-blue-screen-of-death-655425.html
Relevancy 91.45%

I've having an issue that I think some ppl had, windows 8 crashing going to blue screen of death or blank black screen and then it restarts by itself, also I have noticed that it says repairing disk in D:/

I have one SSD 120gb in the C:/ which it host the operating system and some minnor programs, in a HDD which is my D:/ drive there I have my games.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9
AMD FX 8350
Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
WD black 500GB HDGB HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram 2133Hz
Windows 8

Thanks for the time, if more info is needed I willl gather it and post it

A:How do I fix windows blue screen of death and black screen

Update, seems that some tweaking did fix the problem, go to search and type power, in the left click on the one that says change what power buttons do, then uncheck the box that it says turn on fast startup (recomended) then save changes and a restart and youre done -at least for me it worked-

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47630-how-do-i-fix-windows-blue-screen-death-black-screen.html
Relevancy 89.59%

I dont know if i should call this blue or black screen of death.  What happens is that when i try to boot up my computer i cannot load up my desktop.  I get the welcome screen and the sound that the desktop is up but my screen then immediately goes to black.  My system the restarts and im able to load up in safe mode with networking.

OS - Windows 7· 32 bit· Is the OS is a full retail version· Age of system- 2 years· Age of OS installation- 2 years ago· CPU- i5 4670k· Video Card- nvidia gtx 780ti
Desktop

I was able to perform the sysnative file collection app however when I tried to perform the perfmon /report in cmd prompt another window popped up.

A:Black/Blue Screen of Death

Hi. . .

The bugcheck on all 4 dumps was 0x116 - video driver was unable to reset within 30 seconds.

Probable cause was listed as NVIDIA video -

nvlddmkm.sys Thu Mar 03 04:14:37 2016 (56D8007D)

https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

Update the driver. If BSODs continue, roll the driver back to a prior version.

If BSODs continue after that, test the video card - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3907-furmark-display-card-stress-test.html

You may also have to swap the video card out even if the results of Furmark were favorable.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\030716-14804-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.19135.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.160121-1718
Debug session time: Mon Mar 7 13:12:40.703 2016 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:33:03.874
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+162584 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0cb94010 fffff880`07843584 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000d
BiosVersion = 1007
BiosReleaseDate = 05/17/2013
SystemManufacturer = ASUS
SystemProductName = All Series
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3405
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\030716-17799-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Mon Mar 7 13:45:36.374 2016 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:55.170
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0f89a010 fffff880`0f5ed584 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000d
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\030716-30888-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Mon Mar 7 13:14:57.994 2016 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:35.165
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+162584 )
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`1b9964e0 fffff880`0f605584 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000d
BiosVersion = 1007
BiosReleaseDate = 05/17/2013
SystemManufacturer = ASUS
SystemProductName = All Series
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3405
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607390/blackblue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 89.59%

Hey guys

been having this probelm for awhile now, solved it for a while by dedusting my comp but its happening more and more now, ive uploaded what u required. have to hold down the power button to solve it.

Windows 7 was installed witht he comp over a year ago now

A:blue screen (well black) of death

Quote: Originally Posted by Ravendude

Hey guys

been having this probelm for awhile now, solved it for a while by dedusting my comp but its happening more and more now, ive uploaded what u required. have to hold down the power button to solve it.

Windows 7 was installed witht he comp over a year ago now

First I would remove Symantec. A known cause of BSOD's and 2 years old. Then update the following

Code:
PxHlpa64.sys 3/12/2008 9:58:17 PM fffff880`010d9000 fffff880`010e4d00 0x0000bd00 0x47d88a39
e1y62x64.sys 6/12/2009 9:16:42 PM fffff880`04224000 fffff880`0426d000 0x00049000 0x4a32fdfa
ccHPx64.sys 6/19/2009 7:28:39 PM fffff880`040cf000 fffff880`04162000 0x00093000 0x4a3c1f27
SymIMv.sys 6/22/2009 7:11:56 PM fffff880`02c8a000 fffff880`02c95000 0x0000b000 0x4a400fbc
SRTSPX64.SYS 6/22/2009 10:47:54 PM fffff880`02de0000 fffff880`02df4000 0x00014000 0x4a40425a
SYMEFA64.SYS 6/23/2009 5:52:39 PM fffff880`01072000 fffff880`010d9000 0x00067000 0x4a414ea7
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS 6/24/2009 4:19:12 PM fffff880`02d20000 fffff880`02d56000 0x00036000 0x4a428a40
SYMTDI.SYS 7/6/2009 8:28:48 PM fffff880`02cd4000 fffff880`02d20000 0x0004c000 0x4a5296c0
Norton 360 How to uninstall
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167246-blue-screen-well-black-death.html
Relevancy 89.59%

I turned my computer off when it was taking a long time to shut down and now I'm paying the price.

When I try to load regularly I get a Blue Screen of Death--screenshot attached.

The system them automatically restarts and gives me the option to start normally or launch windows repair. If i do the former, it goes BSOD and loops back to where I started.

If I choose the later, the system loads the files, then shows the windows logo, but them goes to the Black Screen of Death, i.e. a black screen with an over-sized mouse.

I've have search for suggestion, and tried most of them, but simple tech moves (unless I missed something) do not seem to work.

What can I do?

A:Blue AND Black Screen of death

The Repair choice should have given you options, not loaded Windows. Did you give the black screen with the arrow a good five minutes just in case?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-and-black-screen-of-death-680842.html
Relevancy 89.59%

Vista upgraded a HP Pavilion Slimline May have been a bit slow in shutdown and locked up in desktop screen I pulled the plug to shut off I later restarted and got a blue screen with no response to keystrokes I found in win or days that if you leave a blue screen on long enough the starting screen may become up In this case on restart I got a black screen with nothing happening I tried a basic downloaded boot disk No response on several tries No way to determine what the specific problem is except that Black of Blue screen death! and then whatever procedures are listed here tend to assume there will be a response to a proper type of disk Quite a few Blue and then Black screen of death! disk developers recovery say they can boot whatever you have Norton which works closely with Win has a utility to Blue and then Black screen of death! beat open a non-responding computer However something must be able to find the stopping point and with a dead screen I don't know what type or whose disk to use So which recovery path do I take first

A:Blue and then Black screen of death!

Welcome
Start here:
Create a recovery disc using another computer.
If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD.
Hard Disc Controller must be set to IDE in BIOS and Bios must be set to boot from the CD Boot Priority - Change

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options. Choose an option tht will not cause you to lose your stuff.

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296218-blue-then-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 89.59%

All of a sudden, I get the Blue Screen of Death, then when I restart computer the screen stays black, even though its running. Any help would really be appreciated.

A:Blue Screen of Death Then Black Screen

If you can get to the F8 screen, try last known good configuration option. If can't reach that screen, pretty soon regular BC techs will appear, follow their advice, you can't go wrong.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573456/blue-screen-of-death-then-black-screen/
Relevancy 89.59%

Blue screen of death now just black screen...that features a blinking underscore icon....

The horror....the horror....

What have I done?

Anyone have any idea how to get my PC back running?

Cant run TSG Sysinfo obviously. The PC is running Windows XP 32 bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 89.59%

At least 3 times today, I have gotten the Blue Screen of Death. I don't see anything on it that lists a problem. When computer starts up, it doesn't even get to the "Starting Windows" part, its just a black screen. I have looked and Googled and can't find any help with this problem. Has anyone had this happen to them? PLEASE HELP!

A:Blue Screen of Death Followed by Black Screen

Hello and welcome BeachGadog see this
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

PS Some system specs would be helpful too mate
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367341-blue-screen-death-followed-black-screen.html
Relevancy 88.66%

I m quite sure that if i get one more memory dump i m going to throw this unit out my very high my very very high window Ok of death and white=blue black screen I am so frustrated like most people who turn to forums I ve got the old quot black and black and white=blue screen of death white game trying to run on xp home quot problem I ve tried all the patches and compadability changes and here s the thing when i get to patch it says i m not running the right version of the game and it s not compatible what s the most weird is black and white=blue screen of death that when i try to get the patch installed the patch that CAME on the disk it says the same thing when i run the game it goes to startup then poof with the blue screen of death I ve attempted BIOS updates driver updates NOTHING is working not even creature isle Which is said to be xp compatible will work I just want to play my game thanks for your time and help amd athalon g ati rage mobility VIA AC nbsp

Relevancy 88.66%

Yo, I recently made a post called blue screen of death, heh,excuse moir, that wasnt my problem, i got confused. So here we go again. I have very common crashes with my pc mostly when I play JKA , it just crashes and this comes out. aaah, Have I uploaded the pic? I think i have, so any ideas?

Relevancy 87.73%

Has anyone seen anything like attached photos? Done multiple google searches and nothing useful has turned up.

The computer is a XP x86 system with onboard graphics, motherboard has already been replaced. Don't know where to turn next.

Any help much appreciated.

Relevancy 86.8%

I had my first blue screen of death a few hours ago while playing counter-strike go I have no idea what caused it and I'm worried about my pc Every now and then my display will go black screen while, goes black death, a problems in once of a image numerous every blue Had I'm not sure why that is Even during games it will Had a blue screen of death, image goes black every once in a while, numerous problems happen That happens after my pc has been on for a while at least hours I haven't cleaned it in months and I've had it for nearly and a half years Haven't installed anything at all today Haven't installed any hardware in the past two years My specs Windows bit home premium AMD Phenom II Quad-core processor clocked at ghz HIS Radeon Corsair PSU w Gigabyte motherboard gb ram What the blue screen looked like My graphics overdrive settings on the AMD catalyst were MHz with fan control at I now have MHz with fan control at because I'm thinking it was a heat issue The highest temperature I saw for my graphics card went up to degrees while I was running CSGO in windowed mode My PC crashed and restarted almost a week ago while I was running CSGO and weeks ago my pc did it around or times while I was running GTA IV Help me out please Thanks in advance

A:Had a blue screen of death, image goes black every once in a while, numerous problems

Moved to Bsod's please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/had-a-blue-screen-of-death-image-goes-black-every-once-in-a-while-numerous-problems-696026.html
Relevancy 86.8%

Hi I when Black screen not system blue moderate of death under load am going through some problems with my Black not blue screen of death when system under moderate load system dying on me and was hoping to get a second opinion by having someone look over my system information I built my system about months ago my spec are AMD Phenom II T gh MSI FXA-GD Motherboard Corsair Vengeance memory G HIS IceQ Radeon HD Rosewill plus Bronze series W Bigfoot Network gaming card SATA II TB harddrive I have been getting random hard crash of my system where the screen goes out and the system is hard crashed ctrl alt del alt f pushing the restart power button nothing works only by turning the power supply shut off I can restart the system It only crashes when my computer need some more power such as playing games Skyrim or some thing that requires more graphic intensive work I have ran PC burning test on the system and it passed without any issues I have been monitoring temperatures consistently and average temperature for the all the CPU cores combined is C or so the GPU averages at C at idle highest I have seen it go while running OCCT GPU test was C So far I have narrowed it down in my opinion not an expert to either my GPU or my power supply The computer shop I took it to for second opinion couldn't find anything wrong with the system except for the fact it crashes PSU voltage was fine apprently but it still failed one of their PSU test and when I run OCCT PSU test it causes hard crash similar to the crash but not as severe since the power button and restart button works GPU passed every test so far I decided it must be a power supply issue and sent for a RMA but I would like a second opinion I have attached the current data I am getting from the OCCT if someone can check over it give me advice it would really be appreciated

A:Black not blue screen of death when system under moderate load

Quote: Originally Posted by J12y89

Hi, I am going through some problems with my system dying on me, and was hoping to get a second opinion by having someone look over my system information.

I built my system about 6 months ago my spec are

AMD Phenom II 1100T 3.3gh

MSI 890FXA-GD65 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance memory 8G

HIS IceQ Radeon HD 6850

Rosewill 80 plus Bronze series 1000W

Bigfoot 2100 Network gaming card

SATA II 1TB harddrive

I have been getting random hard crash of my system where the screen goes out and the system is hard crashed(ctrl+alt+del, alt+f4, pushing the restart/power button, nothing works) only by turning the power supply shut off I can restart the system. It only crashes when my computer need some more power, such as playing games (Skyrim), or some thing that requires more graphic intensive work.

I have ran PC burning test on the system and it passed without any issues. I have been monitoring temperatures consistently and average temperature for the all the CPU cores combined is 25 C or so. the GPU averages at 33 C at idle highest I have seen it go while running OCCT GPU test was 65C.

So far I have narrowed it down(in my opinion, not an expert) to either my GPU or my power supply. The computer shop I took it to for second opinion couldn't find anything wrong with the system except for the fact it crashes. PSU voltage was fine apprently but it still failed one of their PSU test and when I run OCCT PSU test it causes hard crash, similar to the crash but not as severe since the power button and restart button works. GPU passed every test so far.

I decided it must be a power supply issue and sent for a RMA but I would like a second opinion. I have attached the current data I am getting from the OCCT, if someone can check over it give me advice it would really be appreciated.

No DMP files included in upload please try this method
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
quote]
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

[/quote]
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198679-black-not-blue-screen-death-when-system-under-moderate-load.html
Relevancy 85.87%

I did a Windows Update My alternating death, update, After then black screens screen of blue windows computer was fine for a few minutes then the blue screen After windows update, blue screen of death, then alternating black screens appeared My son quickly turned off power to my computer He said the blue screen indicated that I was losing physical memory When I started up my computer several minutes later it got me to the user accounts screen I decided to watch and wait and again the blue screen popped up Again my son turned off power to computer After several minutes another attempt was made to start up the computer All that came up were black screens First the BIOS screen with the energy star appears then goes black then a black troubleshooting screen saying quot We are sorry for your inconvenience quot with a count down clock of seconds This cycle of BIOS screen and troubleshooting screen repeats until I again turn off the computer manually This has happened before It was solved by me getting so frustrated that I stored the computer until I could decide what to do I just recently pulled it out of storage and lo and behold it was up and running again until today Any suggestions Also the video card keeps popping out whenever I move the After windows update, blue screen of death, then alternating black screens tower Should I replace the computer case or junk the tower and start all over again nbsp

A:After windows update, blue screen of death, then alternating black screens

Thank you for viewing my thread. Unfortunately, no one has replied since posting the threat, so I have gone elsewhere.

zerosmommy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-windows-update-blue-screen-of-death-then-alternating-black-screens.687312/
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi My first time I had this Gaming or of Death Black Screen Death of Screen Black BlackSOD problem was while playing BF a few months ago one day all good next BlackSOD the only way out was a reboot as keyboard and mouse where non- responsive The only thing I had done was install an ATI beta driver I got rid of it and went for the normal one ATI driver Since then I have come to suspect the drivers for ATI now using non Beta tried ATI ones still got the BlackSOD amp Razer deathadder when I was using the Synapse version I'm now using the legacy DeathAdder driver v Eng instead Still getting BlackSOD But since I'm Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death here posting I would like know how to stop the BlackSOD as would half the planet At this time my PC has been Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death running for hours Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death will out any problems using the ATI but last week when I was using the ATI drivers it took attempts of trying to get the PC to stay ON As of the PC boots up with out any problems Until of course I run anything like a GAME Then I can be certain a BlackSOD will happen at some point like a few nights ago while playing BF for a few hours BlackSOD in the middle of a game The BF gamers nightmare I tried to do an Up-grade using my Win home that is keep all my stuff and let window re-install itself but the Windows Compatibility Report comes but BLANK only saying quot An error prevented a required compliance check from completing Cancel the installation and try upgrading again quot A clean install is something I don't want to do as yet but that seem to be the path unless there a FIX Things I have noticed Black screen lol Synapse after using their update button my mouse had a bar not a pointer Got rid of Synapse long beep followed by short one Only heard it once yep it's the graphics card but here I'm posting so it may not be this only happens sometimes when tying to re-install the ATI driver software NEVER when the PC starts amp then goes into a BlackSOD I get one beep saying ok then BlackSOD after I have logged in and start moving my mouse around and doing stuff OR BlackSOD within seconds before I get to log in Plugging in my Razer usb headphones only sometimes the PC beeps soon after BlackSOD USB confilcts maybe Update have move USB stuff around to different ports Strange Audio garble sometimes after the BSOD happens Using the sabertooth On board RealTek Have not installed the ATI HDMI audio Fixes so far After the BF BSOD a few months back I used a back up Paragon Software Backup and Recovery Free to re-install System was stable for a while but updating ATI dirvers and Razer brought the BlackSOD back The Paragon backup is oldish so saving the important data now using Genie Time line pro Now using Atiman Uninstaller to remove and then re-install ATI Before I followed net directions deleting all by hand Auslogics BoostSpeed to clean and do what it does Plus CC cleaner run SFC scannow only got to can't fix errors which I suspect is the reason for the Compatibility Report amp upgrade won't work stuff that's missing is jpegs from window screensaver I guess given what in the CBS log plus desktop ini post here Ps I don't suspect malware as i have all the goodies to keep me safe plus I don't go near weird sites unless Gaming and Nasa is weird Any help would be good cheers Update Have install Afterburner to controls fans and last night after two hours of planetside system had another BlackSOD inside the zip are files from system events logs from last night This is the first time that the system has recorded anything to events expect to say quot system was shutdown unexpectedly quot which is me doing a hard reboot So progress Have all the tools and have set the dump files ran Driver Verifier didn't get a BlueSOD dump file no idea why Here are the two Error codes generated by Driver Verifier copied form the BlueSOD x c x e xfffff af c x Driver Verifier set... Read more

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

First things first update your BIOS it is very old:

Code:
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 1304 , 2/08/2011
Next uninstall the following it is likely doing more harm than good:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Care 365
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Disk Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Registry Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wrye Bash
Next run some hardware tests the errors you are getting indicate possible hardware failure / defects:
Furmark will stress test your GPU
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Quote:
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature" (BurnIn test in newer versions).
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Also report the temperatures of your GPU at idle, and when it maxes out during the stress test
Next run prime95 this will stress test your ram/CPU:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Again report your temperatures at idle and under load.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288642-black-screen-death-black-gaming-screen-death.html
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi been tying to solve BlackSOD for awhile now can be very in frequent problem then at other times I will get a Death Screen Gaming of of Screen or Black Black Death lots of Blacksod all at once PC will fail most of the day for days on end Then Balcksod stops for while like right NOW Today PC booted no problems able to post Last night PC would not work at all for hours PC was going into a BlackSOD when staring Windows or Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death soon after Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death desktop appears Here are my specs All compents where bought in at PC Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death D I Y store PC D I Y then built the PC not me OS win bit Home premium purchased at PC D I Y install by PC D I Y on the or thereabouts reading off invoice AGE OF SYSTEM HARDWARE All components where new when built on the or thereabouts AGE of OS OS has not been re-installed since it was first installed but have re-installed from a backup approx ONCE to try and stop BlackSOD which started sometime in FEB March CPU Intel Hz GTs QPI M CACHE LGA GPU ATI using ATI version using older driver as driver Blacksod still happened Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth-X LGA DDR SATA UBS RAID RMGS- GBRM PSU PWCO-HX- Corsair HX- ATX Modular PSU mmFAn Plus sliver CASE Antec Two Black ATX Tower Case lots of fans System manufacturer Exact mode number

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

Hello,

How are the temps and voltage readings? If the PC is currently overclocked please reset back to defaults for testing purposes

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings. Usually Under Hardware Monitor,PC Health Status, or similar.

Once you have this info Install HWMonitor and take a screenshot of the program at idle and under load.

There could be a possible problem with the processor that could be caused by heat or voltage, or a bad CPU.

Download and install Prime95 (if you don't already have it installed) and perform the test
-Open Prime95 and choose Just stress testing
-Run each test (Small FFTs, In-place large FFTs, and Blend) for a few hours each to see if there are any errors produced or critical temps reached.

Code:
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8008925038
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce475c64645785
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/2/2013 17:42:27 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa80089250b8
Section @ fffffa8008925190
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000106a5
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925100
Section @ fffffa8008925250
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : a5 06 01 00 00 08 10 00 - bd e3 98 00 ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8008925250

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925148
Section @ fffffa80089252d0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : Internal timer (Proc 0 Bank 5)
Address : 0x00003880068fac3b
Misc. : 0x0000000000007fff

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0365f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038a2670
Debug session time: Thu May 2 13:42:27.610 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:10.687
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-of-death-or-black-gaming-screen-of-death-694542.html
Relevancy 82.15%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 80.6%

HI guys

When booting up my laptop in "last known good configuration" mode i keep getting the blue screen of death and the laptop freezes and cuts out and is very over heated. When i have booted up in "safe mode with networking" the latop is still over heating but it dosn't freeze or i don't get the blue screen of death. I am also limited to what i can doin safe mode.

Any ideas what the problem could be please chaps?

Thanks in advance

Tony

A:Blue screen of death on normal boot up but no blue screen in safe mode ?

Exact wording of BSOD error message?

System manufacturer and model?

Conditions/events which may have led to this?

When did problem begin?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489566/blue-screen-of-death-on-normal-boot-up-but-no-blue-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 110.51%

The issue started a few hours ago when I was playing League of Legends specifically when the game has finished its loading and crashed to Desktop which is a common problem on my laptop As usual I would restart the game but before I could do that explorer exe Mouse Cursor Login before Screen Black of Death Screen with crashed my entire Desktop has turned to the familiar transparent whitish filter before the quot Explorer exe has crashed quot message popped out which was peculiar at the time because this is Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen the first time it had happened So I allowed the program to restart it didn't So I shut down via holding down the power button and rebooted the laptop It went into Startup Repair and did its automated repair so I let it repair while I did my stuff When I returned the repair had completed and it booted the laptop into the infamous Black Screen of Death with a movable mouse cursor This is right before I could log on to my user account and I decided to search for solutions initially on Google using an available PC Most of it didn't work for starters booting up to Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Last known Good Configuration brought me to the same movable mouse cursor with black screen combo Safe Mode with Command Prompt has the same problem and the Command Prompt does not appear After which I accessed the Repair menu with the F button right after the BIOS loads and tried every option First Repair Your Computer did not work as it couldn't find any problems after the first initial repair it did System Restore didn't not have any Restore Points which is strange because I do have several restore points prior to this issue happened I skipped the Memory option and used the Command Prompt to do a sfc exe scannow to detect any problems according to one solution I found but it gave the message telling me there is another repair job that requires my laptop to be restarted At first I did went back and did the sfc command no luck After all that I went to try the Ctrl Alt Del and starting explorer exe as a new process but the task manager does not appear Not in any bootable modes with the mouse cursor present At the moment I am out of ideas and solutions it really is starting to drive me against the wall because this laptop has a lot of information I need I do not have access to my backups or recovery disks as I'm currently overseas I hope I can hear from any users here about what to do My laptop Acer Aspire TimelineX TG Windows Home Edition x I do not have any USB devices connected to my laptop except for my mouse and that's about it I will try my best to add on more missing info if pointed out thank you very much

A:Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen

having the same problem here on my toshiba satellite L655-1je laptop. did everything srwalpha did but to no avail. hence, bumping this up for help pls...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192503-black-screen-death-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 109.65%

Today I booted my computer up to be promoted with a black screen I gave it a good half an hour before forcing it to shutdown to which when I booted it back up Was then promoted with a blue screen about the video card not being able to lead that happened twice I then booted it into safe mode fiddled around with the drivers to see what was going Blue - Multiple 7300 down LE - screen death screen. of lines Geforce on after restarting it again I got Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. the same black screen this kept on happening I then concluded my best solution was to install XP this worked the video card runs So the card is not Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. dead but there are multiple blue Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. lines going down the screen in columns After going into the device manager I saw that it claimed it was not installed then I went to Google and downloaded the driver after installing the computers goes to the same black screen that I got on windows I have no clue what the problem is so any help would be most appreciated Also I tried installing Linux but after getting though then loading screen of the installer it goes to the black screen At the moment in am on my tablet so sorry if there are so many mistakes I'll try and get some photos of how it looks PC Specs - Dell Dimension E - Intel pentium D - gb Ram - Nvidia Geforce LE Photos N A Thank you any help will be hugely appreciated Sean Hall

A:Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen.

Hi Sean,

I don't like to say it, but it sounds like the graphics card is dead. I had the same issue on an old 8800gts, it would work until I installed the drivers, then I would get very bad artifacts/lines down the screen.
I tried it on 2 different PC's with the same end result once the drivers were installed.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/287374-geforce-7300-le-blue-screen-death-multiple-lines-down-screen.html
Relevancy 109.22%

While attempting to boot, Death before screen login Black during of Screen restore a previous backup of my system with Norton Ghost I got an error and the system rebooted Upon reboot I get the black screen of death with just the cursor instead of the usual login screen I have tried the following thus far These all give me the black screen of death with movable cursor boot in safe mode boot in safe mode with networking boot in safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration I did an Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen initial system startup repair which went through and said it repaired it rebooted but no change I did a pre-boot diagnostic test - nothing memory test - nothing tried restoring from restore point but it says I don't have any LIES BLASPHEMY tried restoring from restore point on external disk - seemed okay then failed chkdsk - found some stuff fixed it no change tried ctrl alt del on black screen of death - nothing Now I know that the hard drive itself is alright that is the information is still all there still While I can't give you exact specs I can tell you that I am on a Dell Studio XPS running Win home premium bit I'm at a loss as to what else to do Despite being a black screen with just a movable cursor the system still appears to be running as every few minutes it will show the quot thinking quot cursor where it shows the little circle next to the arrow If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated hugs and kisses Amplitude

A:Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen

hi,

Known issue some users have it others don't did you try Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7? or this mentions a "black screen of death" fix but i would be verry carefull running executable files from unknown sources

Windows 7 Black Screen Of Death Fix

also this http://www.everything-microsoft.com/2009/12/01/windows-7-bsod-black-screen-of-death-freeze-and-potential-fix/

but it also points to external sources microsoft should fix the issue or that *.exe should be authenticode signed so you have a way to verify it's trustworthy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219955-black-screen-death-during-boot-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Problem When booting the then black Motherboard - =( screen death screen splash of computer after the motherboard splash screen the screen turns black and nothing happens Everything is still on and the fans are running PC Spec's Motherboard Asus M A -E SAM ATX Processor AMD Athlon II X GHz MB W AM RAM Corsair GB DDR MHz Cl XMS - Graphics x Crossfired XFX PCIe HD MB Power supply Corsair VX W HDD Windows installed HD GB Samsung SP SATA- RPM Spinpoint F HDD GB storage DVD DVD RW Samsung X DL This PC has been in use for approximately a year Facts When I turn the power on all fans start running like they normally do Using the ASUS Express Gate splashtop that launches before the motherboard splash screen I'm able to browse all my files on both harddrives Pressing DELETE at the motherboard splash screen takes me to the Bios Setup Utility which I can navigate At the Bios Setup Utility it says that the Primary IDE Master and Primary IDE Motherboard splash screen - then black screen of death =( Slave are quot Not Detected quot Not sure if this is significant According to the Bios Setup Utility it should attempt to boot from the correct HDD Trying to boot from the second HDD yields the same results Pressing TAB at the motherboard splash screen to view BIOS POST Message only leads to the same black screen Switching the monitor made no difference The monitor can't find a signal from any other ports I'm at my wit's end I do not understand what's causing this I've recently bought a new monitor but switching back to the old one made no difference I've installed a bunch of Steam games and updated Sims but other than that I've done no major changes to the system in the past few days I've been able to shut down and start the computer without issues until this morning when this happened I really don't know what to do Can anyone help me I'd be eternally grateful for any and all help I can get

A:Motherboard splash screen - then black screen of death =(

I went into the Bios Setup Utility and reset to factory defaults. I then changed the boot order so that I would boot from DVD before HDD. For some reason this did it. It now works. Maybe it just needed time to rest? Because this hardly sounds like the solution to my problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/motherboard-splash-screen-then-black-screen-of-death-539407.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Black screen of death is when everything seems fine you are taken to the login screen as usual but after login the screen fades of death", Blue's cousin "Black screen to black forever I have been experiencing this problem lately Browsing "Black screen of death", Blue's cousin the internet I see that this isnt something only I experience According to various websites this can be caused by viruses malware adware spyware Windows update which messes up the registry which in turn prevents the screen from fading back from black Graphics drivers Your monitor's Hz settings Option is out of the question as I have ran virtually every antivirus and anti spyware out there before and after the problem My system is as clean as it can be I am now in Safe mode posting this "Black screen of death", Blue's cousin message The problem isn't present in safe mode and I "Black screen of death", Blue's cousin have ran all the antivirus spyware programs again in safe mode nothing is found I have also reinstalled Windows after I encountered this problem the first time but the problem appeared again today when I restarted my PC I have run several registry cleaners and it seems like Option is out of the question as well Also I have had Updates turned off for more than a month now so this simply couldn't be caused by an update and the updates mentioned in those websites are from Nov Option and might actually be the cause I also have Ubuntu installed and after this incident I get an error at Ubuntu startup that my video settings are set to low quality or something like that I can post the whole message if you want I have never been notified of such a problem before this incident This leads me to believe that its caused either by an automatic driver update which im not familiar of or its caused of some program video games I used changing the screens Hz or some screen setting which by the way I cant change Hz in Safe mode to anything This are of course random guesses I would like to know if you guys have had a similar issue and if you have found a cure I could reinstall windows and then spend another hour reinstalling my software and then another one copying my files from an external drive if I knew the problem would be gone BUT I HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT and I got the same problem again Please help me im in Safe Mode now and can't go on with my daily PC usage its just ridiculous EDIT Another option is this is caused by BIOS as Ubuntu gives a warning as well I havent done ony changes to the BIOS though

A:"Black screen of death", Blue's cousin

Bump.
i feel like in stone age without my pc...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135046-black-screen-death-blues-cousin.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hello Before i describe the problem i would like to make it clear that i would like to recover as much as possible This problem occurred playing a game called Empires V It is a steam half -death match mod I had problems in the past however i didn t not consider them problems the screen froze when the game changed map However when it froze it wouldn t respond to Ctrl Alt Delete or Ctrl Esc or the start menu button I pressed the power button and restarted it that way However this is when the problem occurs and i can t over come it It starts with a normal dell screen and the loading bar crosses at Blue Before Screen Fails Login To Screen All Start. Death. Of the bottom as normal Then it goes to Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen a black page with a blue line across the top with white writing saying www dell com A line programming maybe Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen it appears and disappears rapidly It then goes to a black screen saying something along the lines of We are sorry for the inconvenience but windows failed to start properly It then gives you options and no matter which option I choose I still get a blue of screen of death saying the following A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to you computer If this is the time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any antivirus dick defragmentation or backup utilities Check your hard drive configuration and check for any update drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart you computer Technical information STIP x x x E xc x It ends there I cannot access a log in screen I desperately need help if any additional information is required i will be glad to try and supply it Dell Dimension series About years old

A:Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so, try running chkdsk from Safe Mode.How to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136855/blue-screen-of-death-fails-to-start-all-before-login-screen/
Relevancy 107.93%

This is what someone else wrote in another topic http forums techguy org windows-vista -windows-warning-message-win -adware html quot I booted my computer up today and saw my background wasn t available anymore Then I see the message quot Warning Spyware detected on Blue as saver Solved: Death Screen screen of your computer Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer quot Solved: Blue Screen of Death as screen saver It says that Win Adware Virtumonde and Win PrivacyRemover M are on my computer quot I had the exact same problem but i followed the instructions that someone posted in that topic these were the instructions posted by quot drdrew quot quot I just got through fixing this I hope What it did here was change the background and set the screensaver to the sysinternals bluescreen screensaver which you may be seeing while at the same time setting policies in the registry to disable the two aforementioned tabs in the Display properties window HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System NoDispBackgroundPage and same NoDispScrSvrPage they are both set to Delete both entries Then check HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run for any funky alphanumeric filenames I m pretty sure it s just a random string anyway so posting the string probably won t help you much Delete these keys and the associated file s Doesn t hurt to check msconfig either but I found nothing there quot I thought that it had been fixed because now the tabs are back and i can change my wallpaper and stuff But if i don t touch my comp for long enough this quot blue screen of death quot screen saver pops up All i have to do is push a key and i disappears but it s really annoying cos every time it happens it gives me a fright How can i get rid of this quot blue screen of death quot screen saver Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Blue Screen of Death as screen saver

I removed two files on my harddrive, lphc1gbj0ecft.exe and lphc1gbj0ecft.scr, and now the bluescreen-screensaver is gone!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-of-death-as-screen-saver.742195/
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi I ve been going through some problems with Pc Restarting, Blue And Freezing, Death Screen Screen Of windows I ll try to be the more clear and organized I can let s start with my config and the symptoms I m getting PC Config Core Duo E GA P DS rev x GB DDR Mhz Kingston in dual channel GeForce GS mb mb with turbo cache HD KJ Samsung Hard DriveSamsung SH-S B DVD driveCorsair VX W Power SupplyOS Windows XP Pro x SP I upgraded to sp just yesterday before that I was running sp Symptoms There are three types of symptoms the most common is the pc simply restarting note that I ve already disabled the quot automatically restart quot in the system properties window and it keeps happening other is the screen freezing and then I have to restart it and the last and Pc Restarting, Screen Freezing, And Blue Screen Of Death less common is the famous Blue Screen of Death also but for only two times instead of the freeze or the blue screen I got an empty black screen All these types of crashes can happen independently of what I m doing It has happened while burning dvds with Nero scanning with anti-virus browsing the net or even while I m asleep and only the bittorrent client is up Though there is one peculiarity I think should be important there s Pc Restarting, Screen Freezing, And Blue Screen Of Death one program the VirtualDubMod build release which is used for Pc Restarting, Screen Freezing, And Blue Screen Of Death various kinds of video manipulating jobs that every time I m enconding a video with it there is a crash and I m convinced it s not only coincidence cause I have tried a lot of times and it always happens But keep in mind it cannot be only this program causing it because the majority of crashes happened without it being in use I ll copy here all the error messages that I got from the event viewer for the last ones I started taking note of what I was doing while happened so I ll write after each event Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time PMUser N AComputer DONATO-LPQ TMLFDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e xffffffffc xfffff e f x xffffffffffffffff A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp -------------------Event Type ErrorEvent Source System ErrorEvent Category Event ID Date Time AMUser N AComputer DONATO-LPQ TMLFDescription Error code e parameter ffffffffc parameter fffff e f parameter parameter ffffffffffffffff For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters ff ffffffc c fffff e f c c ffff ffffffff ffff Happened during scanning with Panda Security - ActiveScan plus firefox browsing -------------------the next two are from the same crash one information and one error Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time AMUser N AComputer DONATO-LPQ TMLFDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x b x c xfffff fb xfffffadfc c x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type ErrorEvent Source System ErrorEvent Category Event ID Date Time AMUser N AComputer DONATO-LPQ TMLFDescription Error code b parameter c parameter fffff fb parameter fffffadfc c parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d b Param eters c c fffff fb c fffffa dfc c c -------------------Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time AMUser N AComputer DONATO-LPQ TMLFDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x b x c xfffff b cc xfffffadfc x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwl... Read more

A:Pc Restarting, Screen Freezing, And Blue Screen Of Death

Sounds to me like a hardware problem, but the stability test should have revealed that.I'd suggest searching your hard drive for files that end in .dmpThen use this post to perform an analysis on the .dmp files: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246Make sure you select the Debugging Tools for x64 Windows when downloading them.Then post the results here for us to have a look at.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148303/pc-restarting-screen-freezing-and-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 107.5%

So i was trying to extend my system partition using easeus partition manager and on restarting a black screen with movable cursor is there, no login screen. To clarify i can't access the task manager (no response) and same thing happens in safe mode.
I didn't have the windows 7 installation disc as i got this Windows pre-installed from laptop manufacturer so i used my win 10 installation disc to try and repair it. Startup repair couldn't fix anything chkdsk found nothing sfc scannow using offbootdir and offwindir did nothing. I don't have any restore points which i don't why happened because i just installed a win 7 update which created a restore point? Please suggest any solution short of repair install.

Ps i don't get last known good configuration option on boot menu only safe mode so don't suggest that
Thanks for your replies

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395567-black-screen-death-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi
My brother has a Sony Vaio FW21L laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit installed. Yesterday when he turned it on after the welcome screen appeared he got a blue screen of death. He says he hasn't installed any new devices or software and he ran a virus scan which revealed no problems. He tried a system restore to the day before and also entered safe mode but the problem persists.

Can anyone tell me how this can be solved?
Thanks

A:Solved: Blue screen of death after welcome screen

Problems that persist in Safe Mode and after System Restore's are usually hardware ones. But I'd also try a restore to a few days further back before the problem.

If the problem remains, start by checking the memory.

In Vista you can do this by running mdsched.exe

On reboot when the scanner appears, press F1 and run the extended tests.

I don't think it will show any non Microsoft drivers, but --

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non Microsoft driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-of-death-after-welcome-screen.820561/
Relevancy 105.78%

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the popup in Vista where your screen is grayed out and you must "Continue" or "Cancel" to run an administrative function... Well... My copy of vista has decided that it would be much more humorous to give the user the gray screen without the dialog box. Quite annoying. The only way to get back is to CTRL ALT DEL, and then just click cancel when that screen comes up. But in the meantime, I pretty much can't make any changes to my computer because I don't receive the continue / cancel dialog box...

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen-new-blue-screen-of-death.593483/
Relevancy 105.78%

I've gotten two blue screens recently and I can't figure out why It happened both times when I was playing a hi-def movie with Media Player Classic System abit IP Pro mobo Intel E cpu Screen Death screen/Blue Stop of EVGA GT gpu Scythe Ninja heatsink Corsair HX psu GB Corsair RAM I've tested the memory and it seems fine as do my hard drives I've remounted the heatsink on the CPU Should I try updating the BIOS on the motherboard since there are known problems with my cpu and mobo Would that help The only know problems are with temperature reading and a BIOS update is said to fix them I had Windows check for a solution and it said there was most likely a hardware problem - RAM CPU power supply or motherboard I was hesitating to update the BIOS but if it's a temp problem with CPU then I don't have much of a choice Here's what was in the pop-up window after I rebooted Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP B BCP B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Stop screen/Blue Screen of Death Users James Travis Rolko AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users James Travis Rolko AppData Local Temp WER FFD tmp version txt Read our privacy statement http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x Somebody please help EDIT I'm using Vista -bit SP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stop-screen-blue-screen-of-death-283371.html
Relevancy 105.78%

my Laptop version  is g6-1256ee Recently, at start up black screen for 30 seconds then "welcome screen" then black screen for 30 second when i install any program like MSOFFICE 2013 and then open the "WORD program" it give me "blue screen" "death screen", it happen also with "GOOGLE CHROME" my RAM is "6 giga"and i made a check on it by "Mdsched" and the result no problems, hint the RAM doesn't work with it full potential only 23-25 % as max Please could you help me Thanks for your cooperation.

A:SLOW and BLUE screen "DEATH screen"

I also check my "hard disk"  and its ok no problmes in it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SLOW-and-BLUE-screen-quot-DEATH-screen-quot/td-p/5775485
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi I have a serious problem at my hands This moring when I turned on my laptop a x x xL L x x D Registy Error appeared on a blue screen It then continuously restarts never making it to the logon screen I have tried to reboot in Safe Mode and Last Known Logon before screen Death Of Screen Blue Working mode but the same blue screen appears As I dont have a XP Home install disk only boot disk supplied with laptop I could not repair my registry so I have installed a parallel version of Windows XP Pro that came with another PC I can access the hard disc so I will be able to back up most of my files BUT I cannot access the Documents and Settings of my user from the original OS because I selected Make this Folder Private when I made the account Does anyone know of a way to disable the Make This Folder Private option on an account that is on a parallel version of XP Laptop Hi-Grade W higrade com Any help would be appreciated so much Thanks Blue Screen Of Death before Logon screen nbsp

A:Blue Screen Of Death before Logon screen

I think you will have to take ownership of the folders and files you want to access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-before-logon-screen.388949/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi new here and to malware in general.

Laptop is starting up with a black screen, mouse pointer is moving. Nothing else. Ctrl Alt Del and Ctrl Shift Esc do nothing.

This is what Ive done so far.
1. Safe mode: no difference
2. Safe mode with command prompt: Can finally start programs from the command line.
2a. Tried to run superantispyware and received "application failed to initialise properly" error. The same message appears for SpyBotSD.
3. Removed HDD and scanned on another computer as a secdonary drive. No infections with MalwareBytes or superantispyware.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
H

A:Black Screen of Death

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397652/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello everyone,
Just recently i got a problem with my pc running windows 7. what happens is, everything works fine to the point where i reach the login screen, i click on my user icn, enter my password and then it loads and i get a blank black screen with only the cursor showing.
what's weird is when i switch my user account and use guest or administrator (i have 3 accounts), i can successfully login and see my desktop and task bar and icons. it's only when i log into my user account that i get this problem.
i have searched everywhere for a solution but with no luck.
someone please help me!

thank you!

Hi realnsleo and welcome to SF.
It's just a hunch but it looks like explorer.exe isn't started/crashed due to a possibly corrupted profile.
press CTRL-ALT-Del and check the task list, if explorer exe runs.
If not, in Task manager go to File/New Tasl(Run) and start explorer.exe from there.
If that works, we'll figure out how to fix your probably corrupted user profile.

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155766-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

For about two years the screen will suddenly go black and stay that way until I reboot - it can happen at any time for example Black Death of Screen on or off the internet working on documents or playing games just after startup or after working for hours Sometimes it won t happen for weeks and then it wil happen or times in an hour - I have tried to track the problem before but have never got anywhere There is only one error that occurs in event viewer - sometimes it is around the same time as the BSOD and sometimes it is there but nothing happens to the computer Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Black Screen of Death Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Description The Cam WDM Video Capture service failed to start due to the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Yesterday I researched the message and thought it was caused by some software that was related to a digital camera so I uninstalled deleted the relevant folders Today the computer has crashed again but the error is now slightly different Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Description The Cam WDM Video Capture service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified I have found this error on Google related to other types of analog to digital conversion equipment but not to the Cam Some of my computer specifications are Intel Pentuim GHz ABIT IS series motherboard Radeon Pro video card MB RAM Windows XP Pro pack Any suggestions as to what I should do next Many thanks

If you have the drivers/software installed for a digicam...you simply need to remove such (I suspect that the files are damaged)...then reinstall if you want.FWIW: Removing installed software should be done via Add/Remove Programs. Removing drivers may need to be done via Add/Remove Programs and via Device Manager.This may be useful: How to uninstall hidden devices, drivers, and services - Tech-Recipes.com - http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_instal...on_tips504.html Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215149/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 105.35%

Not a blue screen of death but rather black Here's my issue Shut computer off during vacation I have a surge protector Came back boot up no go Boots until windows logo appears then it just goes black with only the mouse cursor up Nothing will exit from this screen CTL-ALT-Del no go Rebooted in safe mode and same deal and same black screen before login prompt Enabled low resolution to verify its not video card nothing Entered BIOS and switched to boot from dvd drive with install disc Went to Start up repair said it could not fix here is the readout on the bottom Root cause found --------------------------- Boot manager is missing or corrupt cannot of Black Screen Death?????? repair automatically Repair action File repair Result Failed Error code x Time taken ms Black Screen of Death?????? Went to system restore Cannot restore no points Went to system last known image No images created my fault just installed windows like months prior with no issues Went to command prompt and did a Bootrec bootfix and Bootrec rebuildbcd Nothing still black screen Some background info in case it relates to the dillema I have windows installed on my E drive and seperate from my data HD C so I can run a bit faster But I still have some old data on the E drive that I absolutely need and subsequently never moved to the C drive The E drive is from my old computer so I have some important photos and documents I do not wish to lose So I'm contemplating reistalling windows completely but do not want to lose anything I know I should have backed up my data on all drives but I havn't yet Plus I don't know how to do this effectively without windows running Anyway some fixes short a complete wipe and re-install would be grand Thanks ahead of time all and look forward to any suggestions My system specs are under my user profile if need be I'm not a pro at fixes but I am an engineer and understand some terminology and basic commands but not all so bear with me if I ask what an achronym is or how to do a particular corrective action I didn't build the computer myself I had a friend help whose done this plenty of times and for a living with no issues with other clients However he is out of the country right now Anyway thanks

A:Black Screen of Death??????

have u booted without restart after system failure from 'F8' to get a bluescreen error code?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153988-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi guy s I hope someone Black Screen Death Of can give me asome help please The full details of my system before anyone can help The computer is an Intel core duo Ghz with meg ram Nvidia Gforce GT graphics card I have no onboard VGA graphics just the Gforce and I am not sure if I have Black Screen Of Death DVI display the monitor just connects with the normal socket The hard drive I am installing to is a Gig SATA and I formatted it before starting with the windows RC boot dvd so it is a clean install I downloaded the installation file and burn the image with Nero on a slow speed When I boot from the DVD all works ok and the computer restarts a few times and then just a black screen After several attempts i did manage to get as far as inputting the serial number and windows started up it then connected to the internet and downloaded some updates and then restarted and i was back to the black sreen i could at that time boot into safe mode but i was not able to connect to the internet and download new video drivers Then after foollowing some advice i did another install I tried a reinstall and now I can t get as far as the serial number I can t understand this as I did have it running just the once even if it was in safe mode I have run the Windows RC upgrade advisor and that says my computer is ok to run Windows including the Gforce card Hope someone can help please

A:Black Screen Of Death

The Geforce card shouldn't be a problem because Windows 7 comes with support for that card.

The first thing I will get out of the way. Did you verify the disc after burn? You should.

Second, download all necessary drivers from the company website. It's probably a good idea to do that before installing Windows if you can. Do not use Windows update to install drivers if you can help it, because it can cause problems (old drivers).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/14641-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi everyone i black of screen death think i have probably black screen of death made a noob mistake somewhere along the line but i am now very worried about what i might have done to my PC I bought a second hand cpu off ebay and the seller had rating so i wasnt worried untill i received the cpu i opened the parcel to find the chip loose in an envelope with just the plastic casing no bubblewrap or any protection around it i cant think of the beating it must have taken in the mail then i see pins in the corner were slightly bent so i get out the magnifying glass and a tiny pair of pliers and i bend them straight and it slips nicely into place and i lock black screen of death it down apply thermal paste and afix a new HSF unit i bought to match the jump in temp of the newer CPU i boot her up to see nothing but a black screen NOW im seriously worried i do a bit of googling and find i should reset my CMOS i do that remove the battery take out all but one stick of RAM hold PAGE UP during boot i tried everything to get into BIOS at least to no avail so now im sorely disappointed i think i may aswell put my old CPU back in I do so reapply thermal paste but put the new HSF unit on thinking at least i have a better HSF now You guessed it my old CPU won t boot either now so i reset the CMOS again and take out the battery but it s just not happening everything i try is in vain and i am scared i have lost my other girlfriend I am hoping this problem doesnt have any affect on my hard drives Is there something elementary i have overlooked here or any troubleshooting you guys can recommend or does it sound like both CPU s are now fried Thanks so much i apppreciate any advice nbsp

A:black screen of death

if anyone comes across this. do not worry i have pretty much assumed that i fried my motherboard. i am buying a new setup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.852502/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi I recently started up my screen Black of death desktop and suddenly it was a black screen with only the cursor There was nothing I can do can't get into task manager or anything I tried going into repairs during the startup and tried system restore Black screen of death and the others but no go Safemode does not work either same black screen issue We tried putting in a Vista upgrade disk in but after you click on install vista I recieve a message stating A required CD DVD drive device is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB please insert it now I was about to try and download the driver from the hp site and put it in the usb but I believe I need to have the files in the usb not the setup exe Any help is much appreciated Computer HP Pavilion Elite m f Windows Vista home premium x GB AMD Phenom x Processor GB Hard drive

A:Black screen of death

One option would be to try to do a System Restore from the System Recovery Options.  The instructions below you will create a bootable recovery disc which will eventually take you to the System Recovery Options which includes System Restore.  Disregard the instruction for the Command Prompt, that is for a different issue.

These instructions apply to both Windows Vista and Windows 7.

If your have a Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation disc start with step 2.

Step 1.  Create a Windows Vista or Windows 7 Recovery disc.

Download a legal Windows Vista Recovery ISO image here. 

Download a legal Windows 7 Recoverry ISO image here.

You will need to burn the ISO file to a CD or DVD, please downlaod ImgBurn and install it.

Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive.

Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.

Click on the Browse for a file icon:

Locate the ISO file, and click on the Open button.

Click on the blue arrow to start burning bootable disc.

Step 2.  Place the disc you created in the tray of your CD/DVD drive, close it and reboot the computer.  

Notice:  You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS to make the CD/DVD drive the first device.

At the first screen click on Repair your computer.  

When done you will be presented with the System Recovery Options dialog box,click on Next.

The next screen will be the System Recovery Options, select Command Prompt.

In the Command Prompt copy and paste or type bootrec /FixMbr and then press Enter.  If you type this in please notice the space between bootrec and /FixMbr.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505953/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello On my desktop computer that's running Vista I've been getting a Black Screen of Death meaning when I start my computer it gives me a black screen with just a mouse cursor I can't use control alt delete of Screen Black Death to open task manager I can't do anything Starting Black Screen of Death windows in any of the safe modes gives me the same result I burned a recovery disc and am able to run startup repair but it doesn't find anything wrong my computer I can also run Black Screen of Death command prompt from that menu Here's a pretty detailed account of exactly what happened Hopefully some of it will be of use If not ignore it It started when one of my usb ports stopped working My mouse was plugged in to it so I had to move my mouse to a usb in the back of my computer The mouse still wouldn't work however and since this issue has been resolved in the past with restarting my computer I did just that When my computer started up my mouse worked but I would get a Blue screen of death at log-on It said service system exception I don't remember what else it said because it flashed by so quickly At this time I could still run in safe mode I assumed it was a driver issue as I recently downloaded a update for my graphics driver and it didn't seem to work very well with my system But then I read about this startup repair option using google So I found my recovery disc and run it at startup Here is where I think my problem started Apparently the repair tools were not on that disc and it was only for reinstalling windows I kept pressing next hoping to find the repair option This was really stupid of me as it started installing windows I quickly canceled but it wasn't fast enough because the next time I booted I got the boot manager is missing message at startup So then I burned myself a recovery disc and managed to get to startup repair using that Running that fixed the boot manager is missing at startup but still gave me the blue screen at startup So using safe mode I used system restore Unfortunately I didn't go to the restore point that was updating my graphics drivers but instead the restore point that was a couple days later which was a windows update I thought that if that restore point didn't work I would do the graphics one next Well I got another blue screen after doing the restore but the next time it rebooted it gave me the Black screen So now I can't even do another system restore as safe mode doesn't work any more I have googled the problem but none of the fixes worked so far for me The problem seems to be fairly old so that's why I'm hoping that you guys can give me a new solution

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-594222.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hey I have a Compaq Presario CQG and am using Windows Vista Two of Screen Black Death days ago I deleted a couple of files for games I used to have installed on my laptop but have uninstalled these files were in the program files folder I mention this because I initially worried this might have been the cause When I turned off the computer windows updates were automatically installed the windows updates that occasionally come up on vista The next morning when I started up my laptop I had a black screen rather than the log on screen I restarted it and used system restore which did the restore where it starts it up in the last known working condition or whatever It then started up properly and quickly I had to reinstall the updates but afterwards it started up fine again so I thought it was sorted However whenever I turn on my laptop now it Black Screen of Death goes to the black screen and I have to restart it or wait for ages I also got a malware virus but my security software noticed it and got rid of it and I am currently running a whole computer scan to see Black Screen of Death if I have any others The last time I turned my laptop on I had to restart it twice before the log on screen popped up in normal time Does anyone know what may have caused this and how I can fix it I will take it to a local computer shop if I don t find a fix but it would be nice to sort it myself if I can nbsp

Relevancy 105.35%

I was using my PC last week turned it off and when I turned it on Black of death screen on next day it kept the black screen with cursor only befor showing the welcome message from Windows Ctrl Alt Del don't work Ctrl Shift Esc don't Black screen of death work so I forced turn off I started my PC again in safe Black screen of death mode and it worked with internet after a few days the internet stoped working I tryed restoring my Windows my PC restart with the black screen again I went to safe mode and it gives me a error saying the Windows can't restore After a few days I tried going to Windows log and I've found a strange error And now I tryed to run the system log and it sayed quot Event Log is unavailable Verify that the service is running quot I guess this is the end of the line I don't want to reformat my PC but I guess I can't do anything else

I've been working with Windows in large scale environments since WinNT and when it a Windows install repeats problems just 'nuke & pave'.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-590098.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi all,

I bought this computer at a garage sale. Seemed to work fine after I installed Win XP, Office XP and a couple other softwares. Then I installed my Printer Driver (Canon Multipass C555 for XP). It prompted to restart the computer when I clicked OK. It did seem to restart - could hear the drives spinning, the lights on and maybe the fan on but no signal to the keyboard. When I connect or disconnect the Monitor cable, it flickers for a second but nothing on the screen. Tried changing the Monitor - This one powers up with a blue screen all by itself but as soon as I connect it to the computer, it blacks out.

I am kinda not very familiar with Hardware (Have only been as far as installing a RAM or a CD Drive).
The computer is a Pentium II with only 64 MB of RAM.
PLEASE HELP!!!

A:Black Screen of Death?

Not sure but I think it's against the law to put XP on a pentium II with 64 megs of ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.392263/
Relevancy 105.35%

After spending about an hour on hold speaking with a representative at HP I decided to post here They wanted a ridiculous amount of money for an extended warranty that I m not willing to pay just yet Last night my desktop was turned on for the first time in about a week or so I Death of Screen Black was Black Screen of Death able Black Screen of Death to login to my account but never got past that The black screen with a white cursor popped up I didn t have the time to really mess with it last night so I just left it up When I woke up this morning it had booted up just fine Everything was In working order so I decided to clean up a little bit After deleting a few items I was directed to restart to complete the uninstall When my computer restarted the black screen was back in full force I m definitely not an IT person but I have a general understanding If anyone can help out it would be so very appreciated nbsp

First of all, I need to know your Operating system version. If it is Windows 8 then you can make a bootable cd to fix the problem using Windows Boot Genius: http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/windows-boot/ but there is a charge. Let me know about your OS. The black screen of death is different than the blue screen of death. Blue screen means a hardware issue. black means software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1143531/
Relevancy 105.35%

I have tried so many ways to fix my computer. The most common method to fixing the black screen of death seems to restarting from a recovery point but my comp doesn't have any :(. can you help?

Restart the computer and press F8. In the Advanced Boot menu (Safe Mode etc) choose Repair Your Computer. If you have a Windows DVD you can also boot from the DVD and choose Repair Your Computer.
You also can download the ISO image of Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn. Also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the HDD. If either test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-693496.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hopefully I am in the right forum here Sorry if I am not I ran into a problem the other day I was playing everquest when i got the infamous blue screen of death When windows finished dumping the memory the computer rebooted itself went through all its bios stuff with out any errors showing that I can see When it came time for windows to load nothing came up I got the black screen of death with the cursor in the upper left corner which blinked a few times then it dropped down two lines where it sits and blinks for as long screen death black of as I let it When I went to open up the computer case the area on the top back of the case was extremely hot area of the power supply I open everything up the usual dust is settled on everything So I blow and vaccuum everything out reseat the ram video card and cpu Try it again and same thing black screen of death My keyboard is a logitech which is bluetooth and it won t allow me to get into bios so my next step there is to get a ps keyboard But until then I figured I would post here and see what you guys thought might be the culprit Hard drives spool up no unusual beeps from the mobo Thank you System MSI K A Platinum AM AM AMD FX ATX AMD Motherboard AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz x MB L Cache Socket AM W Dual-Core Processor CORSAIR XMS GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit black screen of death Desktop Memory MSI RX -T D E OC Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive x in standard non raid mode ZPower w power supply about yrs old SAMSUNG BW Black quot ms GTG DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support cd m DC Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP -bit English pk DSP OEI DVD for System Builders - OEM nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.724023/
Relevancy 105.35%

st time here so please bare with me Upon start up recently my computer Window Asus NoteBook Model S L -the desktop is black No Icons no task bar and nothing at the side Only mouse is available For now Screen Death Black of what im doing to overcome this is open Task manager end task for the window explorer and then click new task explorer Black Screen of Death exe and then my desktop task bar and everything will show up again This is ok but its pretty annoying to have to keep doing it again every time i turn on my computer so is there a way i can make them standard again like i turn on my com Black Screen of Death and the Black Screen of Death desktop and all just show up normally Is there any easy way to like reset this without losing all my files Prior to all of that the st few signs of my computer having some issues is that whenever I would login there would be a light blue covering over my whole computer screen All features worked fined except that it required some loading before any of the things I clicked opened which only after awhile the blue screen would lift and then computer speed were back to normal Extra info would be i ve asked answer microsoft Did a Clean Boot SFC scan details of the SFCdetail txt - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch nbsp

Relevancy 105.35%

I just Screen Of Death Black recently encountered my first BSOD It's not just while Black Screen Of Death doing something in Windows it's on start up I have a Toshiba Satellite L laptop running Vista Home Premium bit While starting up after the Toshiba start up BIOS screen or whatever it's called the screen goes black and has a blinking cursor like so at the top left corner I've tried everything I put in my recovery disks which I got from Toshiba no go It loads up then goes back to a blank screen I've tried pressing F to go into Safe Mode a no go as well Pressing at start up nothing I've tried asking on numerous forums about what is wrong but I get nothing Hopefully one of you guys will have experienced this before or know what is going on and you will be able to help me My father is going to take the laptop in for inspection at Best Buy tomorrow so to save us some money please help us soon Thank you for your consideration

Difficult problem to solve, seems to have several causes. Heres one possible fix
0xc01a001d message as sp1 installed..(froze) no movement

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/292350-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

HI,and hope all is well with the members....i turned my laptop on and received this message...
windows could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt:

\windows\system32\config\system.....

I am trying not to loose my files, when doing this but if i have to, so be it...

i also put the original cd in to reinstall, and repair, and both would not install...pleaseeeeeeee if there is anyone that
can get my pc back up and running ...my family and myself would gratefully appreciate it..thank you and GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Also i am willing to give my phone number if it would be easier....

A:BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH

Do you have your Data backed up?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481265/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 105.35%

Everytime I turn on my laptop I get a black screen after the Dell logo pops up. This has been happening for atleast a month now. The last time I got it to completely boot up I ran virus scans, malware scans, and tried doing a restore with all no such luck. The last thing I did on my laptop was create a PowerPoint presentation with no new hardware or software configuration. I took my laptop to my schools IT department and couldn't get it to boot up as well. any suggestions?

The laptop is Dell Studio 1558 with Windows 7 and an Intel Core i3.

Does it boot fine sometimes? Can it boot from bootable DVD for example a win7 install DVD?

do you have a win7 install DVD or win7 system repair disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272917-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello, My sister has a computer with a BSOD (black screen of death). I have tryed opening Task Manager with CTRL-ALT-DEL but it will not work. Besides reinstalling, Any ideas?
It started when Roblox was installed,using Windows 7 Home Premium N

A:Black Screen Of Death.

Did you have any errors installing/using Roblox?
Oh, and it's BLUE Screen of Death, not BLACK

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/257518-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello I have spent a considerable amount Black Death screen of of time googling for a resolution to the Windows black screen of death Sadly I have not been able to find a solution on my own I would appreicate any help with this I ve seen this before on Vista but none of the fixes have resolved my issue I am not exactly sure what was done to cause this I last used my pc on Sunday to google a few things No updates were installed no drivers updated Just minutes or so of googling Today I turn on my pc and I get the black screen with the white mouse cursor I have been able to bring up sticky keys and than from there open explorer At this point I have ran Malwarebytes and NOD scans All of which have come up clean I was not surprised as these scans are ran on regular intervals The only solution I have found that regularly poppped up in google searches was the registry change to add NT Authority as the data value for one of Black screen of Death the reg keys However this was already set on my pc and did not need changed I have also tried the solution Here but I think it was just the same thing as the registry change I did manually I have also tried to restore the pc to an earlier time This also did not work -Thanks

A:Black screen of Death

Try here: http://www.troublefixers.com/black-screen-...ter+troubles%29

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296398/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 105.35%

This is not on my pc directly but it is on my uncle's laptop. He starts the computer and windows loads but right as soon as the window loading screen goes away the screen is all black its as if there is no video card enabled. we have also tried plugging in his monitor from his desktop since he has a laptop connector that allows you to hook a monitor up and display whatever is on the labtop. You can't navigate anything or anything liek that. Any Suggestions?

Relevancy 105.35%

Windows Xp Professional. Dell. Intel Pentium 4 HT

HI,

I was having an issue with mallware called "Malware Doctor." So I ran Malware Bytes as usual, and after the scan it found 2 Trojans. I removed them and it asked to restart my computer to complete the process. I clicked ok, then when it restarted the normal screen came up then just went black.

I have tried rebooting several times, I am able to hit F2 and F10 and see the setup and boot files. I can also hit F8, but when I make any selection after hitting F8 it either starts again with the black screen or if i select to start it in safe mode I get a bunch of white text saying "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe" etc...
I have tried hitting ctrl.alt.del with nothing happening.

Please help if you can.

A:Black Screen of Death!

Hi .BC Removal Guide, Malware DoctorIf you have already tried all of the above listed steps for removal...then I suggest following the instructions near the bottom of the link...which begin "If you are still having problems...."Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328337/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 105.35%

Ok so my friend of Black death? screen gave me his laptop so i could fix it but I cant seem to be able to so i need sum help from the community Laptop Toshiba Satellite L - s OS Vista Home On boot it loads the BIOS then goes onto loading vista NO splash screen just a black screen with a cursor active i can move the cursor around UNABLE TO Ctrl Alt Delete nothing happens absolutely nothing pop up no task manager or login nothing Booting into safe mode command prompt nothing pops up not even the CMD just the black screen with cursor agian Booting from vista disc again nothing happens it loads vista then black screen nothing shows up and yes i changed boot order to CD first I even attempted to do a clean install with windows loaded windows no splash screen just a black screen BIOS Detects Black screen of death? hard drive ram cpu so i do not believe Black screen of death? it is a hard ware issue but i could be wrong possibly a corrupt bios never delt with this before so if it is could some one give me step by step instructions on how to fix it plz so i need your Black screen of death? guys help with potential fix can not do a reformat as i can not boot from the discs no CMD or safe mode or task manager nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.961709/
Relevancy 105.35%

I have an Acer aspire 5740 laptop running win xp, i tried partitioning the disk using a partitioning software which i downloaded from the internet and after making changes on the size of each drive,it prompted me to restart the computer to apply to changes and when i did that,the computer wont boot black screen appears and a blinking cursor on the upper left hand corner,also tried reinstalling os but i cant boot from cd. please help

What software did you use to for the partitioning?

When trying to boot to the disc make sure that the cdrom is selected a the first boot device.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-of-death-669165.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Running everything screen I of death think) Black could (tried windows ultimate Like many people I ve got the black screen of death Upon startup after the windows image I hear the start up sound but the screen is completely black No cursor like so people Ctrl alt dlt yields nothing I can get into safe mode In safe mode if I disable the drivers for my graphics card Nvidia GeForce GTX -not even months old I am then able to restart into normal mode I ve tried updating the drivers and I ve tried installing older drivers I ve also done every system restore point available Nothing has cured my problem I did run that download that is supposed to fix most issues with this problem too also no luck there I have ran Superanti spyware AVG and Malwarebytes All come up with a clean slate I can only assume Black screen of death (tried everything I could think) it s a registry error or something else Here is my HTJ log and DDS log that was run in normal mode Any help would be appreciated greatly Kevin from kevin s resource center suggested I go here

A:Black screen of death (tried everything I could think)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392516/black-screen-of-death-tried-everything-i-could-think/
Relevancy 105.35%

I have a Windows Vista SP -bit with GB RAM and ATi Radeon s CrossFireX Anyways I have a program called System Mechanics you ve all probably heard of it before it s a great program for cleaning up your hard drive and defragging your memory However I ran it last night and told the program Screen of Black Death to automatically restart the computer when it was finished after it finished and restarted Black Screen of Death I was greeted with the atrocious Black Screen of Death with a Cursor though it isn t blinking and I can move it freely however there s nothing I can do with Black Screen of Death it considering the bottom task-bar is nonexistent and the Black Screen of Death entire screen is black I ve tried some of the solutions I can t even do the CTRL ALT DELETE to get into the Task Manager and manually start explorer exe Help me please The only sort of reaction I can get from the system is to get Stick Keys to pop-up when I hit the shift-key five times I am very confused I have no external Hard Drives hooked up to it and there are no thumb-drives connected via USB either I m a thoroughly stumped here Please help me nbsp

Hi and welcome,
Can you at least boot in to Safe Mode as described here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode ? Someone may then be able to try to help you further.

Unfortunately it's too late for now to tell you that reg cleaners/boosters are not well thought of here at TSG, but for the future here's why: http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Registry_Cleaners

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1042371/
Relevancy 105.35%

I have never had a BLUE Screen of Death, but on wakening from sleep sometimes I get a Black screen with big lettering offering options like Safe Mode and Restart Windows Normally (which I choose) and all is normal.

Apart form having a blue background, what else is on a BSOD?

Thanks.

A:What about Black Screen of Death?

Let me google that for you

Usually an error code and a short deacription.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374224-what-about-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I'm having an interesting situation with a computer I built for a friend It happens randomly but if you touch the computer no noticeable electrical discharge occurs the screen goes into a reset type black screen all the fans rev up and that's it It stays like this until you either hit the reset switch or power off completely Once you reset you get the Windows did not shut down properly screen At first we thought it might be a faulty CD drive because it was happening when he pushed the CD drive eject button or when he closed the drive I switched out the CD drive for a new one and when I went to put the side panel back on I Screen Black death of NOT touched the body of the case with the panel and it did it This doesn't happen regularly I can't recreate the problem I tried moving wires the case button pin connectors and moving the case around opening and closing the CD drive and nothing I put his case on his plastic floor mat and told him to try and avoid touching it until I figure this out We haven't tried a windows reinstall or anything software related He's running AVG free scan showed nothing I'm going to get him on Norton internet security and run a registry check with Registry Mechanic Any thoughts -ZALMAN CPU Cooler -LG X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH LS -COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -WW Computer Case -Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD HJ Black Screen NOT of death GB RPM SATA - SAMSUNG TB RPM -CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V -EVGA -P - -TR GeForce GTS MB -bit DDR -ASUS M A TD PRO USB AM AMD FX -ASUS PCE-N PCI Express Wireless Adapter -G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC -AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz Socket AM

A:Black Screen NOT of death

That kind of "screams" Hardware. No need to change any drivers. I would check each and every cable for damages (including checking everything between case and outlet for proper grounding) even anything coming from the PSU that isn't connected.

What I can't say from here is, if you guys are charged up statically by an unfortunate combination of carpet/footwear and lack of humidity or if you simply provide a better ground than the cables.
whatever the case...electrical current seems to run ways it's not supposed to and that pulls down your comp.

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119902-black-screen-not-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Running windows ultimate Like many people I ve (Tried death of everything) screen Black got the black screen of death Upon startup after the windows image I hear the start up Black screen of death (Tried everything) sound but the screen is completely black No cursor like so people Ctrl alt dlt yields nothing I can Black screen of death (Tried everything) get into safe mode In safe mode if I disable the drivers for my graphics card Nvidia GeForce GTX -not even months old I am then able to restart into normal mode I ve tried updating the drivers and I ve tried installing older drivers I ve also done every system restore point available Nothing has cured my problem I did run that download that is supposed to fix most issues with this problem too also Black screen of death (Tried everything) no luck there I have ran Superanti spyware AVG and Malwarebytes All come up with a clean slate I can only assume it s a registry error or something else Here is my HTJ log that was run in normal mode Any help would be appreciated greatly Kevin from kevin s resource center suggested I go here Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Users Mira Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run HDAudDeck C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe -r O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Cpu Level Up help quot C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite CpuLevelUpHelp exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run BitTorrent DNA quot C Program Files x DNA btdna exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS ... Read more

A:Black screen of death (Tried everything)

Welcome to Bleeping Computer Forums.

We appreciate you coming to us for help but you've posted on the wrong section.
HijackThis logs must only be posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Since you've already identified your video driver as the cause of your startup problem, I doubt it will be a malware issue (which is what HijackThis is used for), but it would do no harm to have our malware experts take a look at the log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392461/black-screen-of-death-tried-everything/
Relevancy 105.35%

alright where to begin I've reached a dead end with this problem and I cant determine what could possibly be causing this issue so any feed back on any level is valued and appreciated I have not had any issues for probably a few months now after the mini dump problem everything was fine once i had corrected the issue now the problem im facing is black screens of death at least I think its a bsod the problem presents it self while playing certain games lately its happened while playing or of screen black what? death world of warcraft this is what happens I start playing wow after a certain period of time the screen locks up and turns black while this is occurring the sound pushes out the last bit of music sound through the speakers the system does not reset the only way i can get it running again is by hard booting it once I have rebooted and entered windows the system has no logs or events of the problem ever happening not even an error message shows up on why it crashed So i end up searching for the dump file and no file is recorded as well so what could possibly be causing this cpu quad Intel vid gts mb evga black screen of death or what? sound creative xtreme music card mb abit board cant remember model ram corsair dominator ram dd os vista pro

A:black screen of death or what?

also I've checked the power settings, memory, and so on. ive done ram tests, video card tests and stability tests. no problems have been registered nor have they presented them selves during tests. some people that I have talked to said it could be due to gpu over heating. I checked all the temperature and nothing shows up as being to high.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/277935-black-screen-death-what.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I have an asus laptop. I usually shut it down because if I dont when I go to turn it on I have to unplug it and the battery hold the button for 30 seconds then restart it. This last time though it wont work. When I press power button the lights come on but the screen stays black and a slight touch of the power key will immediately turn it off. Sometimes it will go into reboot loop.
I can't get to BIOS.
Can't get to safe mode.
Can't boot from cd.

wut to do?

A:Is this Black Screen of Death? Please help me.

Your AC adapter may be bad. Mine quit working and I had to buy a new one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400557/is-this-black-screen-of-death-please-help-me/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi I recently Screen Death Black of started up my Black Screen of Death desktop and suddenly it was a black screen with only the Black Screen of Death cursor There was nothing I can do can't get into task manager or anything I tried going into repairs Black Screen of Death during the startup and tried system restore and the others but no go Safemode does not work either same black screen issue We tried putting in a Vista upgrade disk in but after you click on install vista I receive a message stating quot A required CD DVD drive device is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB please insert it now quot I tried downloading the driver file from the hp site and also extracted the setup file which I then put in the usb But when I plugged in the usb and tried going to that file I still get the message no driver Any help is much appreciated Computer HP Pavilion Elite m f Windows Vista home premium x GB AMD Phenom x Processor GB Hard drive

Hi why are you using a vista disc you could do better with a win 7 disc and run a start up repair

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-705509.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Ok I've been a PC Tech now for years run my own bussiness and this one is something I can't figure out I managed to finally get Vista installed after making an external hard drive into Screen Black of Death a vista install medium so it installed got through all the stuff took about oh minutes First login after setup is done bam Black Screen of death Ran memtestx for loops no errors ran seatools to test the hard drive no errors Hardware checks out its a Windows vista Masterdisk with both and bit Windows on it and has worked for 's of installs before it It's an Acer laptop Core Duo gb of ram client laptop Black Screen of Death and for the life of me this isnt making sense freash clean load of Vista hard drive wiped same issue we where having before the drive was wiped and i've looked it was definatly wiped this eludes me so any advice yall might have id really appreciate it I told my customer it would be done by monday morning and since I work from a home bussiness my word is my life line for more clients

Welcome
If the problem exists even after a reinstall it points to hardware.
You may want to use this list a as a guide, giving attention to the hardware causes
Roundup of Vista’s Black Screen of Death – Solutions | Burchwords

The last solution, even, in this write up is to reinstall and not many (if any hardware causes)
Did you test the memory? Although memory is not given as a direct cause, in many situations, replacing ram is. Your situation seems unique, however. Here is the memory test.
Download memtest86 and test RAM
www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html
Run for 8 passes
If passes try a good stick in each slot for 3 passes
If fails do the same for 8 passes.

Are you are correct describing it as a black screen, it is not a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)?

I think that you actually had a BSOD, hardware related. I will give you our best write up for a BSOD and hardware.

BSOD or as you describe it black screen here is the method that you should use
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

I know that on some systems the BSOD is a black screen and some may call it that. Most here, use the term BSOD, want to be sure of what happened.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/287505-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Was working on the laptop when all of a sudden it blue screened. I was unable to copy down the code before it reset, but once it turned back on, the desktop is black. This happens right after I login. The taskbar is still there but there is no start button. I can boot into safe mode and its works ok. I've checked the event viewer and the main thing seems to be saying: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.

Specs:
HP dv4t-1400
Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks in advance

A:Black Screen of Death?

If this is recent, you might want to try the System Restore option through the Windows safe mode.That should restore any changes that is causing this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435750/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 105.35%

helllo everyone first post of this forum for me start this off YES i have researched on Google to no avail That is why screen BLACK death of i decided to BLACK screen of death make my own thread situation i start up my computer boots up fine it gets passed my mobo start up where im able to press delete to go to bios and gets all the way to where i am supposed to click on my icon to log into windows it doesn't automatically just log me into my desktop i have to click my icon im sure there is an option to change it i never did stupid i know besides the point i DONT see my icon it doesn't get to that point but its right before My screen is completely black no cursor no nothing So i am forced to manually shut down the computer and power it back up it'll bring up the options like start windows normally with last known working config start with safe mode all that NOW i am able to go into safe mode i found system recovery and i set it back to like a month before nothing still that dreaded black screen seconds into startup uggggh what else can i do i absolutely do not want to do a fresh install of windows please help

A:BLACK screen of death

Go in with safe mode,
If you can
and make a clean boot
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If you work OK then, follow safe boot instructructions to resolve the problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286799-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Just had my first Black of death. screen black screen of death Windows bit intel quad Q Nvidia geforce gts running at deg Celsius which Black screen of death. is a bit on the high side I guess gig SSD Computer has been running all day The temperature here is not high but I see the card may be a little high I was working and the screen turned black without a mouse pointer I have been running windows for a while so it isnt a new update The BlackSOD seems to occur rarely if google is to believed I updated the nvidia drivers about weeks ago so that seems an unlikely culprit About months ago I got the new Black screen of death. SSD put in and plus a bigger new fan for the cooling Seems to be running fine fan There have been no major changes to the computer of late I haven't been able to do a system restore with because I keep getting an error that a file cant be over written I probably can if I destroy my restore points The system will not restore even with the virus protection avast off Like I said I didn't find much on the web so I am hoping someone here has some ideas Thanks in advance Cheers

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/70710-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

hi
so i dont know much about computers so no fancy talk thanks.

heres my problem i have a HP computer, windows 7
my computer was walking all fine until suddenly switched it on next day and it says window is loading
but when its done it just have a black screen with a cursor icon that i can move.

ive tried google help and youtubing it but to no avail. because ctrl alt delete dont work when i press it nothing pops up.

i tried system restore but it cant find system restore point. i dont want to reinstall everything if theres any to fix it without that
would be much appreciated

thanks im loosing my mind trying to find out how to fix it

Relevancy 105.35%

everytime my computer turns on it says system can not store from original...because image corrupt. whats that mean!?!

Relevancy 105.35%

The only times I have experienced a black screen of of Black Death what do? Screen to - death was after having installed a Microsoft update I'd like to know what is Black Screen of Death - what to do? the best way to respond to this situation I am only aware of one option and that is to power off and power back on again Is there other options A friend I have who works in IT told me that if the logon screen does not reappear because Windows is stuck at a black screen the update specifically a security Black Screen of Death - what to do? update may have reset the permissions in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Shell key He says that MS denies that this happens I assume workarounds get offered if this stuff actually happens otherwise there is nothing a user can do In Safe mode Windows repairs will revert the update and reconfigure Windows but if the black screen keeps on happening each time you try that update is there something that a user can do before trying it again Teaking com recommends draining the power completely before doing repairs - is this the only option I understand that the user gets an error code to help in diagnosing and fixing a problem but if that does not work and the black screen continues what should a user do before zipping the CBSlog and Windowsupdate log for analysis here The tutorials here are great but they do not include what is best to do when the user is staring at a black screen Are there options

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401074-black-screen-death-what-do.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I can boot to any user account and ALL of them except the main or administrator account works I get a completely Black screen with only the cursor showing I get a pop up saying quot Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working And Will Close Now quot message and that s it just a black screen I CAN and have started the Task Manager but I have tried every New Task option that I can think of and either the task manager freezes or nothing at all happens I Think that a system may also be a problem but I just don t know As I said Death Screen Black Of the other two user accounts work with no problems but they re usless for anything other than web surfing because they are restricted to being regular user accounts I can t download and install programs or run advanced options with them I am down to two options and I m not sure which one to use I have the Vista recovery disks of them that I made from the computer when I first got it and I have the quot Operating System Disc quot that came with the computer That one says quot Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit with SP quot on it My question is What is the difference between the recovery disks and the Operating System disc and Which one would you recommend that I use Thank You Everyone MC

Simply put the System Recovery disks, will restore your computer to the way it was right before you created the restore disk. Programs, settings etc...

While the Vista HP OS Disc is primarily intended for the installation/repair of the Windows Operating System.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425066/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 105.35%

I'm having issues with random freezes (crashes) with my laptop that I upgraded from pre-loaded Vista to Windows 7 Enterprise.

I'm not exactly sure where to begin, and searching the internet brought me to this forum. Any and all help would be appreciated.

A:Black Screen of Death??

I get something like this also. It is a black screen with a blue square in the middle. It says something like dumping memory to somewhere, then shuts off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114439-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I've had my dell studio 15 laptop for about four months now. The only problem I've been having with it is that the screen tends to go completely black when I run too many tabs and doing a bit too much at once. Sometimes the laptop makes a really loud buzzing noise. Sometimes it just goes black and I would have to restart the laptop. I am most definitely sure that the sound is coming from the internal parts of the laptop. There are also times where I watch a video on firefox and my screen freezes up for a few seconds and returns me back to normal but the video is green, the audio still working. Anyone know what my problem is?

Welcome
Several things to check
I will give you a memory test
Download memtest86 and test RAM
www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/

In addition
Go to device manager and make sure all graphic and sound cards are up to date and have no yellow warning markers.

From a previous post on freezing
Blurry screen
Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Download and run malwarebytes, a full scan after you update
Run antivirus scan
Check memory with memtest86
Make sure that you are not over heating.
Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Try a clean boot
Make sure PSU is working properly
If overclocking, restore to original
Test hard drive at company website.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://malwarebytes.org/
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

This seems like a lot, but go slow, ask questiions and you will be up and running.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286249-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hey everyone!

hoping that you guys can help me.

When I turn on my DELL LATITUDE D600 laptop the dell screen comes up and the white bar loads... perfect.

Then the XP screen comes up and the little blue squares run accross the screen about 10 times... good to go.

This is where it messes up, the screen goes BLACK, but I can still hear XP running. I formatted my computer and re-installed XP twice. It runs XP during the innitial install, but once I turn off or restart the machine, I get the black screen again.

If anyone has any idea what is causing this and how I can fix it, Id really appreciate it. You can email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks everyone!

Relevancy 105.35%

I was using my computer this evening when it suddenly started shutting down Realizing that earlier in the day death?) Screen Black (of I was getting prompts that my computer needed to be restarted so that updates would install I realized that must have been what was happening The computer restarted installed the updates then I believe it Black Screen (of death?) restarted again It went to a black screen where it looked like it was loading drivers which I have seen recently after other updates I don t know if it was then or not but I know the computer shut itself off much like what would happen if it were overheating I know overheating was not the case in this instance as I had only Black Screen (of death?) had the computer on for a few minutes When I tried to Black Screen (of death?) restart the computer nothing happens All the lights come on and it sounds as if it s starting up but no windows screen no BIOS nothing so I can t even start in safe mode I am thinking I have a botched update but I don t know what I can do if anything to fix the situation Can anyone provide any help or hope I think my Vista is Home Premium bit The last software install I did was Firefox but that has been over a week ago nbsp

A:Black Screen (of death?)

Hi you might try a start up repair http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Startup-Repair-frequently-asked-questions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1005449/
Relevancy 105.35%

So I'm assuming this is the wrong forum to post this If death? of BLACK SCREEN that is the case please point me in the BLACK SCREEN of death? right direction and accept my appology I don't have a quot blue screen of death quot but rather a quot black quot screen of idle time of who knows how long these days This is my problem if it doesn't apply to this help forum tell me where to post it at and upon knowing the right place I will elaborate on the issue Running Windows Home Premium x on a hp laptop G about gigs of RAM gig hard drive pentium dual core t at ghz and basics installed to keep laptop simple have more info once i'm in forum I need to be I start up the laptop it boots fine from what I can hear Windows animated start op orb does what it does normally brings me to the log in screen where I have accounts to choose from admin and standard I log in under my account which is a admin account and then I get a black screen with a movable cursor for what seems like forever Realistically it's about minutes Guessing Then when it finally does move on from the screen I get normal settings on what is my normal desktop however it lags bad takes forever for that crappy hp wireless assistant to turn on It's getting annoying I have a past Microcomputer Degree but I bought a PC years back preinstalled with Vista and hated it and never kept up on OS from vista on out So I know it's not normal but this day and age and being out of tune I need some help please thanks

A:BLACK SCREEN of death?

Hmm, you can try typing "msconfig" in the start menu and go to the startup tab then disable as many unnecessary programs as you can, excluding your Anti virus.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326837-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I am having a major problem on my primary PC I am currently on an old PC I use PCs together networked The PCs are side by side death can't Black Screen of fix on my desk with each having it's own monitor I use windows Vista on the newer Pc and windows XP on the older -- the one I am currently on And I use a program that allows me to use one mouse and keyboard for both computers It's called Synergy The problem is that sometimes when I watch full screen video on the can't fix Black Screen of death Vista machine the synergy seems to cause Vista to crash if I am not careful well I wasn't careful enough apparently So when my can't fix Black Screen of death PC crashes I usually use system restore to go to an older restore point and this fixes the problem well this time system restore says there are no restore points for some reason And when I try to boot in normal mode or safe mode there is a black screen and my mouse pointer is there and that's it So I have no choice other than to restart and try again and I have the option of either going into recovery -- system restore - or quot boot menu quot and that is it Does anyone know of some other way I can get the system restore to work and revert to an older restore point I have tried the different Black Screen of Death fixes I have seen doing a google seach -- such as registry edits but they didn't work Also I did have an issue recently where whenever windows update updated my PC it was causing a crashing problem and I would have to go to a previous restore point So I had to disable Windows update to keep it from crashing until I could could backup my files before attempting to fix the problem Maybe ths is what is part of the current weirdness

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/214310-cant-fix-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I encountered this problem yesterday. Everytime I reboot my computer using the Start menu, nothing loads, and all I see is a blank, black screen and my cursor. Switching it off manually works fine though.

I recently deleted a few files to clear up disk space because I kept getting those annoying notifications, could this be the problem?

A:The BLACK screen of death?

Hi CheezNapkin and welcome to TSF

Apart of our troubleshooting process needs us to boot your computer into Safe Mode to test things. I would like you to start up your computer and when it gets past the BIOS Splash Screen (first load up screen) I would like you to keep tapping the F8 key.

When you get to the Advanced Boot Up Options page I would like you to use the arrow keys to navigate to Safe Mode. Hit enter on Safe Mode and choose the Operating System that has the issue. Log onto your computer as you would normally and post back whether the computer booted up correctly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/the-black-screen-of-death-195671.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I'm finding more and more that when I Screen Death? Black Near of boot my computer or reboot my computer after the initial Vista logo with the status bar at the bottom of the screen I get just a black screen on both my monitors with a fully functional white cursor Unfortunately I can't do anything with that cursor and the computer doesn't seem to respond to any other input ctrl-alt-del won't bring up task manager pressing the power button on my tower won't initiate a shutdown etc The only thing I can do is move the cursor around with my mouse The harddrive light seems to go off and on for a while and eventually stops but nothing else happens even if I leave the computer for a few hours The only way out is to hit the rest button After that I'll get the quot windows did not shut down properly quot screen asking me if I want to Black Screen of Near Death? go into safe mode or start windows normally Black Screen of Near Death? If I start windows normally it boots just fine I think there are a couple of Windows shut down unexpectedly warnings in the event log but nothing else of relevance I did install SP but can't recall if this started with SP or may have happened a couple of times before Now it seems to be happening pretty much every time I start the computer I did find the following the SP release notes that largely describes my problem Display In some cases computers that use multiple monitors may display black screens when the display mode is changed after resuming from sleep This issue can also affect laptop computers connected to an external monitor Display mode changes may occur in any of the following circumstances Attaching or detaching a monitor Accessing the computer remotely Changing the screen resolution or color depth using the Display Properties dialog box which you can access in Control Panel or an application Logging users on or off Rotating the display on a tablet computer To avoid this do not use multiple monitors or do not allow the computer to sleep or change the display mode If this has already occurred restart the computer However this specifically talks about coming back from sleep which is not the case with me In my case it happens when I initially boot or when I reboot the system My power settings never go to sleep However my UPS is set to put the system into hibernation if there's an extended power out I haven't tested a forced hibernation but if it were to return to the black screen that could be a major issue as there would be no opportunity to save any open files since the only action available is a hard reset I also find Microsoft's solution rather insulting don't use multiple monitors Isn't the point of SP to fix this sort of nuisance In any case are there any gurus who have any idea what might be going on here and if I can fix it If it helps I had an ATI Radeon XT but it kept causing quot Display was not responding and was reset quot errors which sometimes would lead to a BSOD Since I saw no evidence that AMD was going to release a fix in the near future if ever I decided to try nVidia instead So I just replace that card with a nVidia GT The black screen issue does seem worst since I swapped the cards but I don't know if that's just a coincidence or not It was happening intermittently with the ATI card as well I found with the nVidia card I couldn't boot successfully as it seemed to fail to load the default VGA driver Only when I hit F and chose the x was I able to successfully boot and from there I was able to install the nVidia driver So far I'm not having any other issues except for the black screen thing Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/137652-black-screen-near-death.html
Relevancy 105.35%

First Specs Acer Laptop Aspire - Windows Vista Home ---- I m getting the Black screen of death and I did a lot of googling trying to pin down Death Black of Screen what was wrong Let me explain what is happening and what I ve done so far Problem -When the laptop starts it ll load pass the Windows Vista scrolling bar then stops with the black screen and a cursor Tried so far -I am able to get Black Screen of Death into the laptop with all the different types of safe modes -I ve cleaned the system with anti-viruses checked the regedit to make sure the windows nt policy was correct -Turned off and uninstalled all newly installed software -Used chkdsk sfc scannow -Uninstalled and reinstalled display drivers -On the black screen pressing ctrl alt del won t bring up the task menu or the shift five times trick does nothing either -Nothing in the usb ports -No disc in the cd dvd drive I am willing to do a system recovery but I am unable to access the recovery partition on the hard drive -there is no recovery disc it s pre-loaded There is no option to reinstall and there is no option for repair or no option for boot logging I m sure it s a driver somewhere but I have no way to figure out which one Anyone got any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

Why are you unable to access the recovery partition?

What display drivers are they? Have you ininstalled the display drivers and then rebooted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1021242/
Relevancy 105.35%

my daughters laptop has developed the dreaded black screen,it wont boot in safe mode,wont boot from a recovery disc & none of the F keys work.....there is no screen loading at all,just black...any ideas?

Relevancy 105.35%

Alright I just got a new PC on Thursday and everything was going well untill Yesterday I don t know if this is a hardware issue or a issue with my OS or what but as I have been playing World of Warcraft only time it has happened so far My Monitor will just go black the No Signal Death? Screen of Black box Black Screen of Death? will pop up and my computer freezes with nothing I can do but hard boot it back It happened after I was playing for about or hours on sunday and then repeatedly after that point probably within minutes or so of trying again Here are my Specs Intel Core Duo E GHz bit Dual Core Processor MB L Cache GB x GB DDR GB SATA-II Gb s RPM HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT MB PCI Express Video Card Realtek ALC Audio Windows Vista Home Premium -bit ASUS P N-E SLI Motherboard NVIDIA nForce i SLI Chipset Anyone have any ideas let me know nbsp

Relevancy 105.35%

Help I have two computers both running WinXP SP both having the black screen of death The first computer is a dell desktop Intel Pentium iii GeForce graphics card mb of RAM this computer is different from the other I first got the screen of death on this one when i went to the display properties menu and changed the display settings now everytime i turn on the computer I have to wait like fifteen minutes for the monitor to turn on while the CPU has been running after the monitor turns on the computer has skiped the BIOS boot up screen n everything it just directly goes to the black screen with a movable cursor no commands will work as I've already tried and I don't have any WinXP cds my second problem is with a dell Inspiron Intel Celeron and mb of RAM this computer has had problems when it used Black death Screen of to boot it Black Screen of death will Black Screen of death just go to the login screen then just show my desktop after trying to load up I downgrade its RAM and put it's original RAM in other computer but I decided to install a new OS Ubuntu on the Inspiron so I had to retake the RAM once I did the computer didnt even ask me to press F because of the RAM change the computer just simply went to the black screen with no movable cursor but this computer does go to the bios etc though i've already tried safe mode etc and no commands work i have no xp cds but i do have the ubuntu cd i would like to boot from but it Black Screen of death wont let me Any help plizzz

A:Black Screen of death

Start a second thread for the second computer. No one that can help you is going to waste time trying to figure out which computer is which in the middle of the same thread.

On the first computer (and only, for this thread), boot to Safe Mode and select the boot option "Use Last Known Good Configuration". Report results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-of-death-501089.html