Windows Support Forum

Nvidia 8500 GT, Windows 7 white screen

Q: Nvidia 8500 GT, Windows 7 white screen

Hello, I have nvida 8500 gt and the problem is that my screen goes white after using it for sometime, when I remove the card, it works fine.. I have the latest drivers installed but that doeesn't fix this problem... I have a dual core 2 gb ram, intel...please help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Nvidia 8500 GT, Windows 7 white screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Nvidia 8500 GT, Windows 7 white screen

I would gather Nivida 8500gt. I s going bad. It might be time for a replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt-windows-7-white-screen.197721/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,

I recently got a projector from a friend and im trying to setup dual screen.

First of all im a bit confused by the Graphics Card itself. I looked for pictures of the card which my computer recognizes as a nVidia GeForce 8500 GT and none have a HDMI port but mine does. So i opened the case and the card has ATI and Foxconn written on it but nothing with nVidia on it.

I have a HDMI to VGA cable which im trying to use to go to my monitor but when i plug it in while switched on i get nothing on the monitor but the projector still works and if i plug it in then boot I get no output on my monitor and just just a black screen and the mouse pointer on my monitor.

I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Relevancy 72.24%

i wanted to install my nvidia geforce 8500 video driver in windows 2000 but there are no compatible drivers for it.i tryed searching for nvidia forceware but there is nothing compatible.please help?

A:windows 2000 and my nvidia geforce 8500

Creating a driver for a modern video card is a major undertaking which only the manufacturer will do. If Nvidia doesn't list a driver it is highly likely that none exists. Windows 2000 currently has very small user base and writing a driver for it is not worth the effort. You could try an XP driver but I doubt it would work.If you must use Windows 2000 you will need to obtain a compatible video card.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/windows-2000-and-my-nvidia-geforce-8500/66079.html
Relevancy 71.38%

O Here's my nbsp dillema nbsp nbsp My HP NVIDIA card HP p n - rev M in my HP Model f Windows Ultimate machine failed nbsp nbsp I replaced it with an ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT card p n - asus p n C H that came from a spare HP Replaced HP 8500... NVIDIA failed NVIDIA ASUS card GeForce with Pavillion Model a y Vista machine I had on hand nbsp The initial VID Graphics card failure and susequent replacement caused much havock with Windows and some other stuff ie not booting loading Windows etc and after Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... much effort I was able to get everything loading amp working reasonable well again nbsp nbsp But the problem I'm still nbsp having is with the old drivers removing them and all their remnants and loading the new drivers for the ASUS NVIDIA card that is now in my machine nbsp I've tried normal uninstalls nbsp as well as nbsp the GURU D com DDU Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... uninstall nbsp I think and it appeares that all the old NVIDIA drvers and other software has been uninstalled Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... nbsp because I can not find any of it in the normal locations nbsp nbsp But I am still unable to install the NVIDIA GT drivers for the ASUS card from the NVIDIA site or even the NVIDIA drivers software updates that Windows Update has detected and suggested in Windows updates nbsp The insalls start out fine but soon fail to complete nbsp Evidently I and my brother who was in my machine remotely for a good hours because he is an IT Computer tech and is ten times more knowledgable than I on this are missing something very obscure or embarassingly simple in nbsp our efforts to solve this nbsp nbsp Someone please tell us where we are going wrong nbsp nbsp Thanks

A:Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500...

Mermiatwd, welcome to the forum. I suggest that you try Revo Uninstaller free version to see if it solves you problem.  I use the Advanced option.  It removes the program from the HDD and the remnants from the BIOS.  I have used it for years with great success with removing those difficult to remove programs. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Replaced-failed-HP-NVIDIA-card-with-ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce/td-p/5554604
Relevancy 64.93%

i just went from a 7300 GT to a 8500 GT what can i run now?
I alos have a ACER 22" Lcd Monitor.
im on a AMD Athlon 64 single channel, mobo.
FBS is 1600, ram is 400 fbs.
mobo is gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GA-K8N51GMF-RH.
HDD i have 4 of them.
1.320gb vista home premium.
2.250gb Win XP Pro.
3&4sata raid spanning 400gb & 160gb =980GBs.
dual dvd-rw drives\w lightscribe.
id like to post a pic if i can.
thanks for leting me post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt.81650/
Relevancy 64.93%

What is the Nvidia 8500, 8600 comparative too? Are they better than an 7900, 7950?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-8500.610080/
Relevancy 64.07%

Guys for some reason when i had my 7800 GT it was an awesome graphics card and it was really amazing and it blows my 8500 into the dust. I really dont know why i mean cause the 7800 GT is old now and it was pretty expensive but still runs games pretty good, but my 8500 runs a game pretty decent but not was well as my 7800 did. Guys can someone please help me out and explain to me the difference between the two and why one is better and one is not. I'm considering returning it and waiting for a better graphics card than the 8800 Ultra.

A:Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT

In addition...

When is the best time to buy a PC. By time i mean when new parts come out in a certain month and when prices are low

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8500-gt.82761/
Relevancy 64.07%

I recently had an 7800 GT and after two years of use it had a **** load of artifacts and i needed a new graphics card. I got a new graphics card and now in a couple of weeks it started to get artifacts as well. Well guys what else do you think may cause this problem? Dust? PCI-E slot? please help me out

I took pictures of my artifacts they're like the exact same as last time

A:Nvidia 8500 GT- artifacts

May sound stupid but do you have the latest drivers installed. Makes a huge difference sometimes.

Some games no matter how hard you try just don't like a PC. Take Shellshock Nam67 for example.... its always looked like you pics. On my old PC or my new one. whatever GPU - so try a different game?

Chec its the GPU is not overheating using nTune - (search on google)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt-artifacts.83108/
Relevancy 64.07%

my gaming card has stopped working i don't know if it has crashed but my monitor does not turn on when i connect it to it. Can i get it fixed somewhere or do i have to buy a new one?

A:My Nvidia 8500 gt 512 ain't workin

i am living in pakistan, rawalpindi.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-nvidia-8500-gt-512-aint-workin.137312/
Relevancy 63.21%

i recently put a computer together heres the specs Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB during GT Freezes 8500 Nvidia games RAM Hard Drive GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Monitor Plug Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games and Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games Play Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games Monitor Sound Card Realtek HD Audio output Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr w max Power Supply ok so i just got it finished and everything works fine but when i try to play example Half life it plays for about minute then the screen locks up and the texture quality drops and little squares of every color like pop up everywhere the pattern and colors are different everytime i try it as is the time it takes to do it then i have to restart the computer through the tower All my drivers are up to date and when it does it my temperature gauge on the front of my tower doesnt increase or anything strange i honestly dont know what it is im just assuming its the graphics card because of the way the screens colors appear when it freezes PLEASE HELP ME thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

okay so i have the above mentioned video card and vindows 7. i have the tv connected to my computer using the s-video 2 slot on the computer. but i cant figure out how to configure the computer to use tv display >.< i am very new to win 7 can someone help me out?

A:nvidia geforce 8500 gt connect to tv win 7

Okay new I figured out how to get it to display now i just cant figure out a setting that will work the way i want it to, does anyone know what setting im looking for?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/16752-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-connect-tv-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Yesterday i was playing World of Warcraft and the screen started flashing then turned black I could hear the sound playing but no video and keyboard i had to restart my pc WTF ok after restarting and booting widows logo the screen turned off again i couldn't do log in to my pc I went to safe mode and uninstalled Nvidia drivers then started windows normally and there was no black screen and i could log in to my pc But i couldn't play World of Warcraft because i had no drivers installed F CK I tryed updating my drivers but it kept doing the same nothing helped Its drivers problem I was playing WoW for few weeks with windows and everything was perfect not a single error but now from no where appeared drivers problem O o wtf can someone help me plz I have Nvidia GeForce GT Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor GHz gb ram bit operating system I have windows Professional RTM installed Plz help P S sorry for my GT WoW plz Nvidia problem!!! And GeForce 8500 help!!! bad english and im newbie first time posting in forum

A:Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT And WoW problem!!! plz help!!!

Please watch your language alright? No need for it. I can understand your frustration. First off what driver are you using? I'm also curious as to where you obtained your Win 7 Pro RTM ISO from? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40266-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-wow-problem-plz-help.html
Relevancy 63.21%

What is the normal running voltage for the Nvidia 8500 GT? When I check the Nvidia Monitor program it says under the voltages section PCI-E 1.400v and has a red square next to it. I noticed that when I brought my ram up to its optimum voltage level its square changed from red to green.

Should I increase the voltage to the GPU? If so, to what value?

A:BFG Nvidia Geforce 8500 gt voltage

Well Dave, many times red means too much voltage instead of too little. I'm not sure of the setting here, but I would suggest proceeding with great caution. If GPUs are like most CPUs in their voltage requirements, then 1.4 volts seems a tad on the high side, but that's just a guess..

Maybe another member will have a more definite answer for you, so hang loose for a while.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bfg-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-voltage.112219/
Relevancy 63.21%

ON my BFG graphics card there is an HDTV TV OUT port on it. It also came with an HDTV breakout cable. I have an Xbox 360 Elite and there are 2 sets of audio video cables. The RED,WHITE,YELLOW cable and the BLUE,GREEN,RED HD cable. The colours on the HDTV breakout cable match the colours on the XBOX's HD cables so i figured they mite work. Do any of you know if i will be able to connect my Xbox 360 to my flat screen monitor?

A:BFG nvidia 8500 GT graphics card

The Blue, Red and Green cables are component video cards, capable of carrying a HD signal. The Red and White of the other cable are for the left and right audio channels, and the Yellow is composite video, good for non HD signals.

If you are trying to use the cables to connect the computer or the XBOX to a TV or to a monitor that has component or composite connections on the back of it then they will work with either device.

But if you are trying to connect the XBOX through the computer to display on the monitor then that won't work. You'd need to have a video card or separate PCI card that supports TV input not just output.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bfg-nvidia-8500-gt-graphics-card.672595/
Relevancy 62.78%

First I apologize for the double-post There is a duplicate thread in the quot Graphics Cards quot forum I have Windows bit installed on install Can't GT for GeForce drivers 8500 nVidia an ASUS P RD -VM mobo with an nVidia Geforce GT graphics card I have tried numerous times to install the Windows bit Driver from manufacture site but when it tries to install the drivers I get an error message saying quot No drivers were found that work with your device Setup will now close quot I don't get this I'm on that graphics card right now in Windows and typing this thread Also in Device Manager there is no quot Display Adapter quot listed I can't Can't install drivers for nVidia GeForce 8500 GT seem to find any evidence of a generic display driver either I've already solved the problem of my sound not working SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio and this is the last thing I need to get Windows working for a REAL test run How can I get these drivers installed Any help is appreciated

A:Can't install drivers for nVidia GeForce 8500 GT

Quote: Originally Posted by fragment137

First, I apologize for the double-post. There is a duplicate thread in the "Graphics Cards" forum..

I have Windows 7 32bit installed on an ASUS P5RD1-VM mobo with an nVidia Geforce 8500 GT graphics card.

I have tried numerous times to install the Windows 7 (32bit) Driver from manufacture site, but when it tries to install the drivers, I get an error message saying "No drivers were found that work with your device. Setup will now close."

I don't get this! I'm on that graphics card right now, in Windows 7, and typing this thread...

Also, in Device Manager, there is no "Display Adapter" listed.... I can't seem to find any evidence of a generic display driver either....

I've already solved the problem of my sound not working (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio) and this is the last thing I need to get Windows 7 working for a REAL test run!

How can I get these drivers installed?!
Any help is appreciated

Hi fragment and welcome

thanks for letting us know about the dup post.

Sometimes a win 7 driver isnt 100% and using a vista driver installed in compatibility mode works. to install in compatibilty mode right click the installer and go to properties>compatibility>check vista
Hope it helps

Kenn J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/43025-cant-install-drivers-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys

So i have had a Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT for a while now, and it's worked fine until a few days ago. When i try to turn my monitor on it says that i am not getting a signal. i have tried 2 monitors and i can still use the inboard graphics card to see what's on my monitor although most of the files for it's use are gone.

if anyone could give me some hints on if it's the graphics card, the mobo, or the PCI-e slot, I'd really appreciate the help.

thanks

A:Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT mystery error

Can you give the rest of your system's specs?

Also, if you have another computer with a PCI-e slot, try the video card in it and see if it works there, or put a different video card into your current computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-mystery-error.138423/
Relevancy 62.78%

Probably the same issue as this because if you see at the bottom of that topic it describes GT Vista-32-bit, to 8500 start-up Nvidia & unable the Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up blue screen and the memory error I get that too but on start-up the only way I can get this desktop to work is to run it in safe mode or restore back to before I did anything and still had the disabled topic html it didn t let me post the actual link but there s the ending bit I ve had this problem for about a month now and I ve tried updating drivers with newer drivers I ve tried the drivers from the CD Which worked out to be a total disaster in which it made it worse for some reason the basic drivers that I started out with but none of that worked I tried everything in the other topic that was suggested as well but still nothing worked It would be much appreciated if anyone even knew remotely what s wrong or has some kind of solution nbsp

A:Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up

Sounds like a Faulty Card to me. Send it back to the Manufacterer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt-vista-32-bit-unable-to-start-up.138695/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a 8500GT Graphics card
On my Acer flat screen monitor (viewing area 33.5cm across x 27cm down) circles do not appear round, except at a resolution of 1280x1024 where the text on menu & tool bars, dektop icon descriptions, etc appear tiny, almost impossible to read.
All other resolutions circles appear as ovals.
I have set the screen font size to 96dpi as a result of this advice:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=kb402728
Any advice to have this problem solved will be appreciated.

A:Circles are not round - NVIDIA GE FORCE 8500 GT

Your link appears to be broken.

If the circles are proportional at 1280 x 1024, they should be proportional also at 1024 x 768, 800 x 600 and 640 x 480.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/circles-are-not-round-nvidia-ge-force-8500-gt.678958/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have Windows 7 32bit installed on an ASUS P5RD1-VM mobo with an nVidia Geforce 8500 GT graphics card.

I have tried numerous times to install the Windows 7 (32bit) Driver from manufacture site, but when it tries to install the drivers, I get an error message saying "No drivers were found that work with your device. Setup will now close."

I don't get this! I'm on that graphics card right now, in Windows 7, and typing this thread...

Also, in Device Manager, there is no "Display Adapter" listed.... I can't seem to find any evidence of a generic display driver either....

I've already solved the problem of my sound not working (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio) and this is the last thing I need to get Windows 7 working for a REAL test run!

How can I get these drivers installed?!

Any help is appreciated

A:nVidia GeForce 8500 GT, drivers won't install

Download the driver from NVIDIA's site.

You might need a bios update for the motherboard if there is no standard vga in the display adapter section of the device manager. Install the latest one.

Also in the bios, disable all unused ports like floppy, serial, parallel, com.... etc..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/43010-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-drivers-wont-install.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I disabled the nforce on board drivers and installed the pny ones I have on cd still get blank screen

A:GeForce 8500 gt blank screen after windows 7 logo

The CD ones ate probably outdated.

Go directly to Nvidia's site as they use the same GPU.

can you get into Windows at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/43587-geforce-8500-gt-blank-screen-after-windows-7-logo.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My computer recently crashed while on a screen-saver and since then I could not boot into windows except in safe card has 8500 Graphics NVIDIA stopped working!! mode However after a bit of reading I managed to pin down the problem it seems to be the NVIDIA GeForce GT Graphics card or drivers this is the card which came with my PC and has never given me any problems until now I know this is the problem because I uninstalled the NVIDIA display driver and then when I booted back up windows started working again - BUT ONLY WITH THE BASIC PC DRIVERS - NO GRAPHICS CARD Once I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers I tried doing this from windows auto update AND NVIDIA's website it has to restart in order to fully install and then back to square one it doesn't boot into windows - just gets to the windows NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!! loading bar - then black screen and then restarts - no error messages nothing Does NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!! anyone know how to fix this NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!! Is this a driver problem or is it the actual NVIDIA graphics card And if it's not the card then why won't the drivers work BTW I am using VISTA Home Premium bit Here is my system details http support thetechguys com layout aspx ID b a - cb - ce -ae - aa b a amp CatID a -b f- fbe- a -c d fb

A:NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!!

Hmmm, can you try someone elses card?

It most likely is the card, based on age of the card.

Try testing your card using the memtestg80 program from here:
[email protected] - DownloadUtils
It might njot work as you don't have the drivers in , but its worth a try.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/285330-nvidia-8500-graphics-card-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I play counter strike 1.6, and was using a geforce 6100 integrated which posed no problems. this card also ran half-life 2. i tried however to run half-life 2 episode 1 and the game lagged. not much, but enough to ruin playing the game. so i installed a geforce 8500 gt i had lying around. upon trying hl2 e1 again all lagging had disappeared, but im seeing high resolution graphic gritches both in the game menu and the maps themselves. this problem is also effecting counter-strike 1.6 in the same way.
any ideas anyone?
Windows Xp pro sp2
Ecs Geforce6100pm-m2 v2.0 mb
amd athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.21GHz
1 gb ram

A:Recently installed Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT problems

Well, there's three things I would check:

#1 - Make sure that you're using the newest drivers from Nvidia's website.

#2 - Even though the 8500 is a relatively low-power card, it still requires a 300watt PSU with 18amps on the 12v rail. If your PC is underpowered, it can cause glitches.

#3 - What are the temperatures of the card when operating? You can check these in the Nvidia control panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recently-installed-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-problems.803881/
Relevancy 61.49%

My computer recently crashed while on a screen-saver and since then I could not boot into windows except in safe mode However after a bit of reading I managed to pin down the problem it seems to be the NVIDIA GeForce GT Graphics card or drivers this is the card which Working! Has / Card Graphics Driver Stopped Nvidia 8500 came with my PC and Nvidia 8500 Graphics Card / Driver Has Stopped Working! has never given me any problems until now I know this is the problem because I uninstalled the NVIDIA display driver and then when I booted back up windows started working again - BUT ONLY WITH THE BASIC PC DRIVERS - NO GRAPHICS CARD Once I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers I tried doing this from windows Nvidia 8500 Graphics Card / Driver Has Stopped Working! auto update AND NVIDIA s website it has to restart in order to fully install and then back to square one it doesn t boot into windows - just gets to the windows loading bar - then black screen and then restarts - no error messages nothing Does anyone know how to fix this Is this a driver problem or is it the actual NVIDIA graphics card And if it s not the card then why won t the drivers work BTW I am using VISTA Home Premium bit Here is my full system details http support thetechguys com layout aspx ID b a - cb - ce -ae - aa b a amp CatID a -b f- fbe- a -c d fb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-8500-graphics-card-driver-has-stopped-working.964033/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am wanting to use the subject items in an actual functioning system. Any suggestions at all. I accept my ignorance and will answer any questions. Do not be afraid that they may be too simplistic, it is quite likely that I missed something small.

A:Integrated GPU and PCI tandem operation of three monitors (Inspiron 570 BIOS A06 Nvidia GEForce 8500 GT)

You cant EVER use onboard with PCI-E GPU.  This is an unsupported video configuration.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19995506
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everybody. I own a Zbook, and today a small white dot appeard on my screen. Is brighten then his surroundings and it can be perfectly be seen on the white background. Is quite annoying. Anyone knows a cure for this? my notebook is under warranty, but i still i will prefer if i can fix it somehow whitout changing the display. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Small-white-spot-on-monitor-more-visible-with-white-screen/td-p/5632612
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi And thanks for reading this post Description Windows Starter netbook loads desktop is visible for about seconds then is taken over by a white screen with a submit box on the right bottom portion of the screen Other than a one-line warning that says You have seconds to connect to the to White How Virus Pop-Up Disable - White Screen? Screen internet there are no other messages or directions I suspect it is some type of flawed ransomware with an intelligent very well-hidden code From a USB using command prompt I've tried several dozen malware scanners including HitmanPro and MalwareBytes without success White Screen Virus - How to Disable White Pop-Up Screen? The computer was infected on and the virus seems to have deleted any previous restore point s The white screen virus locks up Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking The white screen also launches when trying to use explorer exe or opening up notepad to save a file to the desktop Tried to use a new user account to bypass the virus but the white screen locks up the new user account in the same way Safe Mode with Command Prompt works I am thankful to be here for some professional help and look forward to the learning experience I followed Bleeping Computer's directions and uploaded the relevant logs from a recently run Farbar scan Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide

A:White Screen Virus - How to Disable White Pop-Up Screen?

Greetings RecycleZone and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please do this.===================================================Recovery Environment - MBR Dump Using Farbar's Recvovery Scan Tool and ListParts--------------------For this step you will need a USB device and start on a clean computer if necessary.Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txtS3 catchme; \??\C:\Users\RZ\AppData\Local\Temp\catchme.sys [X]
S1 epp32; \??\D:\bin\epp32.sys [X]
U2 ERSvc; no ImagePath
U2 IAStorDataMgrsvc; no ImagePath
U2 NIHardwareService; no ImagePath
U2 NVSvc; no ImagePath
U0 Partizan; system32\drivers\Partizan.sys [X]
U2 srService; no ImagePath
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:E965A533
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\RZ\Documents\Opera_NI_stable.exe:BDU
C:\windows\system32\umstartup000.etl
SaveMbr: Drive=0
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool for 32 bit systems and save it to a USB device.Download ListParts for 32 bit systems and save it to your USB devicePlug the flashdrive into the infected PC and follow the 2 step process below to enter the System Recovery Options using one of the three options li... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597761/white-screen-virus-how-to-disable-white-pop-up-screen/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have the same problem When turning on the laptop screen goes to white I can hear windows starting but cannot see anything I Laptop white starts and white stays screen up connected it to an external monitor which will only display once windows has loaded I then took the whole laptop apart and discovered the LCD cable was frayed due to a faulty laptop hinge I replaced the cable and it was the same just white The problem I think is with the motherboard Laptop screen starts up white and stays white and the intergrated video card Upon taking the whole thing apart I noticed that where the video card plugs in is right where the heat sink is and the cooling fan which gets exceptional hot I figure it has fried the board to the extend the monitor will not work where it is plugged in but the external monitor will work but only when windows boots So sad to say because of the the heat this laptop puts off and if you have it sitting on your lap or bed or anywhere else that it cannot cool properly it has over heated and you will have to get a new motherboard Moderator note Moved from this thread - http www techspot com community t up-white-and-stays-white post- nbsp

A:Laptop screen starts up white and stays white

"I connected it to an external monitor, which will only display once windows has loaded"... This is normal behavior because the video signal to the external monitor is not sent until Windows loads. If you can see normal video, the motherboard video chip is good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199498/
Relevancy 54.61%

My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
Any ideas?

A:HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g7-17-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199331/
Relevancy 54.61%

Computer covers whole screen with either white or white with black and blue stripes Multiple times a day This computer was and Freezes white with turns Screen white stripes or bought in HP Media Center PC Within the second week this freezing it freezes and the screen has a white or white with Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes black and blue stipes occured yes second week my brother was uninformed and thought it was normal and didnt return it It happened often enough as to save anything you were working on every ten to twenty minutes on a bad day It Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes settled and slowly became less of a problem then stoped One day he got a virus and had to restore the computer the freezing started up again same as last time it settled then stoped a month later i recieved this computer as a hand me down as my brother went to college and got a MAC That was in mid summer of a week and a half ago i got a huge virus i restored my computer and the freezing started up again after not doing it once for over a year It has gotten as bad as freezing every minutes some nights And earlier today it froze i turned off and on my computer went down stairs and when i came back it was frozen again I had not even used and program Please help if you have any idea whats wrong Things to keep in mind -It only happened after the computer was restored or bought ish -Its not a normal freeze where you see the programs on the screen still the screen goes completely white or white with black and blue stripes - years old Thanks

A:Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes

Then maybe it isn't freezing at all. Maybe there's a problem with your monitor, vga cable, or video card.

Try a different monitor/cable and see if that changes anything. If it doesn't, then try reseating the video card--if any--and if that doesn't work I suggest getting a cheap one from someone's old pc at least to test with.

Installing a new video card can be complicated, but google search for a guide or follow the setup instructions for the video card to the letter and you'll have no problems.

Let us know what's going on, we love to help here... it's like an addiction, but we can stop anytime... really we can.

Welcome to TSF. I know I come off a bit strange, but most of the people here are friendly... and nowhere near as messed up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-freezes-and-turns-white-or-white-with-stripes-402336.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Good Day,

i have a dell inspiron 1545 laptop and i was recently getting an error on startup.

there was a white screen with the message that the computer was protected by an password authentication system, and to enter the admin or system password.

I called dell and got the code so i was able to get back into the computer.

HOWEVER, now every time i start the computer, i get the same white screen and i need to re-enter the dell code before it loads windows and prompts for the profile password.

is there anyway to get the computer to return to the normal boot process with just the profile password?

thanks you

A:Windows 7 White screen

It depends on what stage in the boot cycle that this screen appears.
If this is a BIOS issue, then resetting the BIOS to default values (or selecting the option to not have a BIOS password) will fix it.

As I recall you press F2 at the Dell screen to enter the BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-white-screen-491356.html
Relevancy 53.75%
A:White screen when I log-in to Windows 7

Hello wasmak, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!My name is bloopie and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can! A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.Please copy and paste all logs here unless otherwise instructed!Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.Also, please refrain from using any other tools unless instructed to do so.==========Now, let's see if we can get you booting normally again!From your clean computer, open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt start
HKU\wassim.makarem\...\Winlogon: [Shell] explorer.exe,C:\Users\wassim.makarem\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat [129024 2011-11-16] () <==== ATTENTION
C:\Users\wassim.makarem\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat
C:\Users\wassim.makarem\AppData\Roaming\skype.ini
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WinMonitor.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\libs.exe
S2 csrcc; C:\Windows\system32\1033\csrss.exe [x]
C:\Windows\system32\1033\csrss.exe
stop
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating systemNow please insert your flashdrive in the infected machine, and enter System Recovery Options just as you did before.Run FRST64 just as you did before and press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please copy/paste it in your reply.==========Once this is done, please let me know if the system boots normally again. If so, please download FRST again and save it to the desktop of your infected machine.Run FRST again while in normal mode this time, and post the new log here for me (the new FRST.txt log should be found on your desktop).Let me know if you have any problems with the above instructions!bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497137/white-screen-when-i-log-in-to-windows-7/
Relevancy 53.75%

So, on my frinds's laptop, running Windows 7, it has a white screen after Windows finished logging in. When I shut the computer down, it would flash the complete desktop before actually logging off, but not long enough to do anything. I attempted to start the computer in Safe Mode, and in Safe Mode with Networking, but both of those attempts only led to the computer rebooting itself into Normal Mode. I have no idea what to do now. I know that Gringo has addressed this issue with others before, but all of those threads have specific warnings to not use those scripts on other computers as they were designed for use on that persons computer only. I would really appreciate help.

A:White Screen Windows 7

Hello DaphRox I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.How to tell > 32 or 64 bitPlug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst64.exe or e:\frst... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498076/white-screen-windows-7/
Relevancy 53.75%

Recently I found a bug in the nvidia forceware 61.55 drivers that are listed as newest on nvidia's website. It seems that this version of forceware affects the TV out function as to make the output black and white instead of color.. I have found it affects my geforce 440's, 5200's, and geforce2 cards. Since my higher cards are ATI, I have no other geforce cards to test on. Those with nvidia cards using TV output may wish to use a older version driver available at www.guru3d.com..

If anyone else can verify the problem, please reply..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-for-those-with-nvidia-gpus-and-black-white-tv-out.259532/
Relevancy 53.75%

We have several computers here that are all of a sudden having problems watching radar (weather channel - we're a landscape company)or any video or pictures that change. The screens either get white squares that keep coming up across the area or the area is completely white....several operating systems from XP to 7.

A:white squares or completely white screen

Are they all updated with the latest video card drivers, directx, and flash?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430429/white-squares-or-completely-white-screen/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

Recently I bought a ATI Radeon 8500 64Mb. Since I installed it, my screen flickers very often and I can only see lines of color. It happens randomly in different programs (Outlook, IE, Netscape, games, etc...).

I have Windows Me with Direct X8.1. DxDiag tells me that Direct3D works fine but when testing DirectDraw, it keeps crashing. I do have the latest video driver, latest BIOS update for my motherboard... I even tried the drivers from rage3d.com, but the same problem occurs... I must say that this is my first AGP video card, so I do not know if it is a hardware problem with the video card, the motherboard (which is not a recent one: Abit BX6 rev.2), a driver problem or something else... Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Relevancy 53.32%

I am getting a white screen after logging in Seems like it is a White after Windows logging in Screen virus malware doing something like this Its like its taking over the screen and you cant do anything I saw a Windows White Screen after logging in lot of people running FRST here so I will post an FRST log here All help really appreciated Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-D PLFE on - - Running from H Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run HotKeysCmds - C Windows system hkcmd exe HKLM Run SysTrayApp - C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run SynTPEnh - C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run IntelWireless - C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe - - Intel reg Corporation HKLM Run BTMTrayAgent - rundll exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth btmshell dll TrayApp Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation HKLM Policies Explorer EnableShellExecuteHooks HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon - C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run StartCCC - C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run NUSB MON - C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe - - Renesas Electronics Corporation HKLM-x Run - x HKLM-x Run HPConnectionManager - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Connection Manager HPCMDelayStart exe - - Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P HKLM-x Run HP Quick Launch - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe - - Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher - C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Easybits Recovery - C Program Files x EasyBits For Kids ezRecover exe - - EasyBits Software AS HKLM-x Run HPOSD - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP On Screen Display HPOSD exe - - Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P HKLM-x Run Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat sl exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Acrobat Assistant - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe - - Adobe Systems Inc HKLM-x Run BCSSync - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run MobileBroadband - C Program Files x Vodafone Vodafone Mobile Broadband Bin MobileBroadband exe - - Vodafone HKLM-x Run Intuit SyncManager - C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Sync IntuitSyncManager exe - - Intuit Inc All rights reserved HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run TelevisionFanatic Search Scope Monitor - C PROGRA TELEVI bar bin srchmn exe - - MindSpark HKLM-x Run TelevisionFanatic Browser Plugin Loader - C Program Files x TelevisionFanatic bar bin brmon exe - - VER COMPANY NAME HKLM-x Run NACAgentUI - C Program Files x Cisco Cisco NAC Agent NACAgentUI exe - - Cisco Systems Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task - C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper - C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKU Liam Run AdobeUpdater - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Updater Adobe Updater exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKU Liam Run - x HKU Liam Run NokiaSuite exe - C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Suite NokiaSuite exe - - Nokia HKU Liam Run Skype - C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe - - Skype Technologies S A HKU Liam Run Google Update - C Users Liam AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate e... Read more

A:Windows White Screen after logging in

If anybody could help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510711/windows-white-screen-after-logging-in/
Relevancy 53.32%

I turned on my windows 7 desktop to discover a white screen with "waiting payment" in red text.  I no longer have access to task manager, even in safe mode.  Restoring to a previous system restore point does not help.

Here are my txt files.

And thanks for your help before hand.  I truly do appreciate that you take your time to help folks with these issues.

A:White Screen Ransomeware on Windows 7

Hello and welcome to the Malware Removal Logs area My name is Alexstrasza and I will assist you with your problem. You can call me Alex Please allow me some time to consult with my instructors and I will be back with more information.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585732/white-screen-ransomeware-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 53.32%

So, on my dad's laptop, running Windows 7, I removed the FBI ransom ware close to a month ago. He came to me last week saying that it was back. When he brought it to me, there was no longer the FBI page, it was a white screen after Windows finished logging in. When I shut the computer down, it would flash the complete desktop before actually logging off, but not long enough to do anything. I attempted to start the computer in Safe Mode, and in Safe Mode with Networking, but both of those attempts only led to the computer rebooting itself into Normal Mode. I have no idea what to do now. I know that Gringo has addressed this issue with others before, but all of those threads have specific warnings to not use those scripts on other computers as they were designed for use on that persons computer only. I would really appreciate help.

A:Windows 7 white screen (here it is gringo)

Hello shane.dakan I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.How to tell > 32 or 64 bitPlug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst64.exe or e:\... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493761/windows-7-white-screen-here-it-is-gringo/
Relevancy 53.32%

Mod Edit Moved to Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs forum for proper assistance boopme Hi It seems my windows was infected with the white screen virus I did google the issue and it brought me 7 logging White windows screen after to this forum specifically this http www geekstogo com forum topic -white-screen-after-log-in I follows the steps not White screen after logging windows 7 knowing that you have to get an accustomed fixlist so I used the fixlist there I hope that didn't change anything in the frst log Anyway I need the proper fixlist to my problem Here is the frst log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on - - Running from F Windows Ultimate X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run SysTrayApp C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run egui C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe hide waitservice - - ESET HKLM-x Run APSDaemon C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKU Bouchaib Run IDMan C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe onboot - - Tonec Inc HKU Bouchaib Winlogon Shell explorer exe C Users Bouchaib AppData Roaming skype dat - - lt ATTENTION Startup C ProgramData Start Menu Programs Startup Ralink Wireless Utility lnk ShortcutTarget Ralink Wireless Utility lnk - gt C Program Files x Ralink Common RaUI exe Ralink Technology Corp Services Whitelisted S AESTFilters C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral c f a AESTSr exe - - Andrea Electronics Corporation S EhttpSrv C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security EHttpSrv exe - - ESET S ekrn C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security x ekrn exe - - ESET S RaMediaServer C Program Files x Ralink Common RaMediaServer exe - - S STacSV C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral c f a STacSV exe - - IDT Inc Drivers Whitelisted S eamonm C Windows System DRIVERS eamonm sys - - ESET S ehdrv C Windows System DRIVERS ehdrv sys - - ESET S epfw C Windows System DRIVERS epfw sys - - ESET S Epfwndis C Windows System DRIVERS Epfwndis sys - - ESET S epfwwfp C Windows System DRIVERS epfwwfp sys - - ESET S cpuz C Users Bouchaib AppData Local Temp cpuz cpuz x sys x Drivers MD C Windows system DRIVERS ohci sys gt MD is legit C Windows System DRIVERS ACPI sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS acpipmi sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS adp xx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS adpahci sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS adpu sys gt MD is legit C Windows system drivers afd sys DB D C B CD A CA D B E C Windows System DRIVERS agrsm sys D ECBB E DB DF C Windows system DRIVERS agp sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS aliide sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS amdide sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS amdk sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS amdppm sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS amdsata sys A B C CF A D C Windows system DRIVERS amdsbs sys gt MD is legit C Windows System DRIVERS amdxata sys gt MD is legit C Windows system drivers appid sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS arc sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS arcsas sys gt MD is legit C Windows System DRIVERS asyncmac sys gt MD is legit C Windows System DRIVERS atapi sys gt MD is legit C Windows System DRIVERS athrx sys E EEE B AAA EBB ADD F E C Windows system DRIVERS bxvbda sys gt MD is legit C Windows System DRIVERS b nd a sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers Beep sys gt MD is legit C Windows System DRIVERS blbdrive sys gt MD is legit C Windows System DRIVERS bowser sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS BrFiltLo sys gt MD is legit C Windows system DRIVERS BrFiltUp sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers Brserid sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers BrSerWdm sys gt MD is legit C Wi... Read more

A:White screen after logging windows 7

Hello nordax I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
HKU\Bouchaib\...\Winlogon: [Shell] explorer.exe,C:\Users\Bouchaib\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat [86016 2011-11-16] () <==== ATTENTION
C:\Users\Bouchaib\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat
C:\Users\Bouchaib\AppData\Roaming\skype.ini

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating systemOn Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.Run FRST again like we did before but this time press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Also boot the computer into normal mode and let me know how things are looking.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493162/white-screen-after-logging-windows-7/
Relevancy 53.32%

(Reposting with the current title. Sorry!)

I have a Dell Laptop running Windows 7 with the specs below. Today, I am unable to boot up properly. It seems to start and I see the Windows 7 icon. But then it goes into a white screen and stays there. I have rebooted in safe and run various tests. Nothing. I also tried to restore but it cannot find a restore point.

Please help.

Inspiron E1405, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5500 (2MB/1.66GHz/667MHz)
2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 533MHZ
Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GM, for Inspiron 640M/E1405
120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive for Inspiron 640M/E1405 (6 G free)

Thanks

Joe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-white-screen-issue-479008.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all,

Probably a stupid question. I have a PC running Windows 2000 Pro. Yesterday at startup it goes as far as the login screen. I can log in OK, but then all I get is a blank white screen with nothing but a mouse. I'm not a cat, so this is no good to me.

I can get to the usual Task Manager by Ctrl+Alt+Del; I see no applications open, plenty of processes running.

I know slightly less than nothing about computers, but I recall seeing explorer.exe running all the time. Is this what's missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Feargal

A:Help - Blank White Screen on Windows 2k Pro

I moved you into a better forum where you'll get more exposure for your issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-blank-white-screen-on-windows-2k-pro.426971/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am working on a friends computer Windows seems a lot harder to troubleshoot then previous versions I am getting a white screen after logging in Seems like I remember a virus malware doing something like this Its like its taking over the screen and you cant do anything I ran chkdsk to make sure that was all good I basically have command line in. after Windows screen white 7, logging access from the recovery menu I saw a lot of people running FRST here so I will post an FRST log here Thanks Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from H Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run RTHDVCPL C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe -s - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run HPWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant DelayedAppStarter exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWA Main exe hidden - - Hewlett-Packard Company HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run AVG TRAY quot C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe quot - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o HKLM-x Run EPSON UD START quot C Program Files x EPSON Projector EPSON USB Display V EMP UD exe quot -UDCONNECT - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION HKLM-x Windows 7, white screen after logging in. Run ABA F A- FE -E A-E B-E b B AE B quot C Program Files x Alltel Broadband Connect AvqAutoRun exe quot quot C Windows 7, white screen after logging in. Program Files x Alltel Broadband Connect mphonetools exe quot OnPlug s x HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Windows 7, white screen after logging in. x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run ROC roc dec quot C Program Files x AVG Secure Search ROC roc dec exe quot PROMPT CMPID roc dec x HKLM-x Run HP Quick Launch C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe - - Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P HKLM-x Run Monitor quot C Users andrew Desktop Leapfrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe quot - - LeapFrog Enterprises Inc HKU andrew Run swg quot C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot - - Google Inc HKU andrew Run Messenger Yahoo quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet - - Yahoo Inc HKU andrew Run Google Update quot C Users andrew AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c - - Google Inc HKU andrew Run Skype quot C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe quot minimized regrun - - Skype Technologies S A HKU andrew Winlogon Shell explorer exe C Users andrew AppData Roaming skype dat - - HKU Default Run HPAdvisorDock C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor DOCK HPAdvisorDock exe - - HKU Default User Run HPAdvisorDock C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor DOCK HPAdvisorDock exe - - HKLM-x runonceex Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk ShortcutTarget Kodak EasyShare software lnk - gt C Program Files x Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe Eastman Kodak Company Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup McAfee Security Scan Plus lnk ShortcutTarget McAfee Security Scan Plus lnk - gt C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe McAfee Inc Startup C Users andrew Start Menu Programs Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk ShortcutTarget OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk - gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE Microsoft Corporation Services Whitelisted AVGIDSAgent quot C Program Files x AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe quot - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o avgwd quot C Program File... Read more

A:Windows 7, white screen after logging in.

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
HKU\andrew\...\Winlogon: [Shell] explorer.exe,C:\Users\andrew\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat [55296 2011-11-16] ()
C:\Users\andrew\AppData\Roaming\skype.ini
C:\Users\andrew\3541019.exe
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options. Run FRST again like we did before but this time press the Fix button just once and wait. The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Also boot the computer into normal mode and let me know how things are looking.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482639/windows-7-white-screen-after-logging-in/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit machine infected by White Screen when logging in.  I have read other posts regarding the issue and now need help in resolving the issue.  From reading it sounds like I should use FRST64, but want to do this only as instructed.

A:Windows 7 64 infected by White Screen

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.    Scan with FRST (Recovery Environment)To run FRST on Vista and Windows7:For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer. As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears. Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item. Choose your language settings, and then click Next. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next. Select your user account an click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc. Restart your computer. If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings. Click Repair your computer. Choose your language settings, and then click Next. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next. Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup Repair System Restore Windows Complete PC Restore Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool Command Prompt Select Command PromptIn the command window:
type in notepad and press Enter. The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open. Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad. In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive. The tool will start to run. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502231/windows-7-64-infected-by-white-screen/
Relevancy 53.32%

There are two users on our desktop machine which has a Windows operating system This morning I was working on my side of the machine when the screen suddenly went completely white I White 7 1 of 2 for Windows Screen Users hit CtrlAltDel and it brought up the light blue screen that has several options on it When I click on Task Manager the screen just goes white When I click on Switch User it switches to the other user and everything works Windows 7 White Screen for 1 of 2 Users fine on her side When I switch back I get the white screen again Any ideas Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus Norton Premier Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-white-screen-for-1-of-2-users.1071394/
Relevancy 53.32%

After casually browsing earlier, my screen randomly went white. I immediately rebooted the computer, and could only get on the desktop for 2 seconds before the white screen reappeared. the same happens in safe mode. i can only get the ctrl+alt+del menu to show after, but task manager will NOT appear ("in front" of the white screen). not sure if this is a virus... i heard there are bootable virus removers..? any suggestions or similar occurrences out there?

I don't know much about the computer, it runs Windows XP on sp2 or maybe even sp3...

A:Windows XP white screen after login

I've seen this type of strange occurrence originating from a poorly inserted video card, bad video card, or partially inserted monitor cable connector. Don't recall it ever happening from a virus.

But, a couple questions, is this a tower or laptop? Internal or external video card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-white-screen-after-login-674643.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have found at least one other person that had a similar problem but the information you provided for that problem doesn t seem to fit my symptoms That person was seeing the message quot please wait while connection is being established Windows Boot on White 7 Screen quot I am not getting any messages just a flashing black to white screen that stays white When booting Windows 7 White Screen on Boot my screen will flash white If the boot is successful which is less than of the time I then see the loading windows screen and the computer goes ahead and boots normally But more often than not I never see the booting windows screen and the monitor will just flash from black to white several times and then stays white I do get the windows music to indicate that the boot was successful but I can only see a blank white screen no icons or mouse cursor If I press the power button a couple of times the system will usually eventually give me a screen that looks like the system was paused and is waiting for a user to be selected and a password to be entered Once I am able to access the system it seems to work normally I have waited as long as minutes or so to see if the boot will complete once I get the white screen but it never seems to go any further I have checked for a virus using my virus checker Viper antivirus and checked for malware using malware bytes but can find nothing I even started a boot log to see if I could see any indication in the log file but I can see nothing I have worked on computers but not windows machines and I am at a loss can you help I will send you anything you need wf

A:Windows 7 White Screen on Boot

I have experienced this problem on one of my laptops. I am not sure if you are using a laptop or desktop. If a laptop have you tried connecting it to a desktop monitor to check if the issue keeps happening?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475435/windows-7-white-screen-on-boot/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone. Yesterday I was working with a laptop of a freind's of mine.
After removing some adwares (with Adware cleaner by bleeping computer) and after disabling some rubbish in msconfig.exe I decided to install an antivirus software on the computer (nothing was on it before).
I chose 360 Total Security. Well, after rebooting the system twice, I noticed a white screen after windows login.
I mena, I turn on the pc. I log in. 10 seconds of white screen. Windows desktop as usual. And the computer works.

Do you think the issue is related to 360 Total Security? Or to other factors? Despite being full of rubbish, that computer never showed a white screen like that. My "disinfection" seemed to have made the situation worse off.
Any suggestion (apart from trying to uninstall 360)?

A:White screen on Windows Vista

The link below indicates there still could be spyware/malware on the system.
White screen after booting to the desktop

Does the white screen appear in Safe Mode and Clean Boot?
Learn How To Clean Boot into Windows, for Troubleshooting and Software Conflicts

For further help visit, Malware Removal Assistance

https://malwaretips.com/threads/white-screen-on-windows-vista.51634/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi

Hoping someone more knowledgeable than I can help. I am trying to help a friend with their laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. After logging on to the laptop their is a 30 second delay on the Welcome screen and then all we see is a white screen with the mouse cursor.

I can get to the Task Manager and end the Explorer.exe process and restart it and this gives me a normal desktop.

Before coming here I ran MalwareBytes and quarantined everything it found. I ran a full virus scan with McAfee which detected a virus and quarantined that. I have also used System Restore to revert to an earlier point in time. All to no avail.

Could I have some help please.

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 login then just a white screen

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567714/windows-7-login-then-just-a-white-screen/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, When I try to save files from Google, Office 2013 or any program in Windows 8.1, I get a partial white screen and a "Not Responding" message on the Title Bar. The "Close Program" dialog box follows. So, I can't "Save As" to my computer. Would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 v3 @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8117 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro K600, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114120 MB, Free - 69409 MB; D: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 878232 MB; L: Total - 953835 MB, Free - 868544 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, H87 Pro4
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2014, Updated and Enabled

A:Windows Explorer Not Responding (White Screen)

Thanks for the advice. I've scanned my computer with antivirus and antimalware software (newest definitions), no culprits. I'll try your "Refresh" idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-not-responding-white-screen.1134360/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Thanks so much for taking the time to read my thread I've run into a bit of trouble with my HP pavillion dm - dx laptop Windows x in the past few days I have a variety of symptoms that lead me to believe I could be infected with something possibly failed ransomware My main issue of concern is that when I log in I get a blank white screen with pointer only following the welcome screen Including this here's a breakdown of some of the problems I've been screen in. white Blank logging 7) (Windows after facing - blank white screen with pointer only after logging in following the welcome screen however if I wait over minutes or so the desktop WILL eventually load and be usable Blank white screen after logging in. (Windows 7) - inconsistency with being able to boot windows normally sometimes it works but sometimes it never makes it to the login screen at all - working for now - inability to boot into safe mode hangs at classpnp sys - note I usually CAN boot into safe mode with command prompt - general slowness especially upon startup - could not reconnect all network drives bubble pops up often As for tests I've run and things I've tried thus far - malwarebytes most notable discoveries were hijack startmenu conduit - hitmanpro just chrome tracking cookies - tdsskiller OK - roguekiller various PUM HJ DESKs found in registry - adwcleaner didn't help - farbar recovery scan tool I've only run it in recovery mode and while I did get the log it caused computer to show windows failed at startup message upon restart - system restore problem still remains - Kaspersky antivirus shows no threats detected - PM - ESET online scan scan only with items detected - feel free to ask for my log if needed - clean boot through msconfig same white screen and still as slow - memory test amp hard-drive test through HP boot menu all OK - system file check OK - chkdsk OK in read-only but never successfully starts when trying to run during startup Other potentially relevant information - I tried to update many of my drivers early on without success and was forced to system restore - I recently performed many Windows updates most of which were successful - I currently use an external monitor and USB keyboard due to my laptop screen being unusable cracked from way back - I run my computer plugged in at all times because my battery doesn't charge anymore - I don't have a Windows CD DVD on hand nor a second usable PC - just a macbook pro which I'm typing on now I apologize for the long and in-depth description but I hope it serves to be informative somehow Following this is my Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Log ran it in recovery mode because I couldn't enter Windows normally at the time for your use ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-GUHDF on - - Running from H Windows Ultimate X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log The only official download link for FRST Download link for -Bit version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link for -Bit Version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated See tutorial for FRST http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run SysTrayApp - C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run SynTPEnh - C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run SmartMenu - C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe - - HKLM Run Logitech Download Assistant - C Windows System LogiLDA dll - - Logitech Inc HKLM Run HPWirelessAssistant - C Program ... Read more

A:Blank white screen after logging in. (Windows 7)

Sorry about my failure to post my DDS logs - had some booting troubles and decided to sleep on it.  Also enabled WIndows Defender firewall as suggested. **3/28/2014 11:16PM (following DDS scan) Used Defogger as suggested. Here are my logs as requested:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64 
Internet Explorer: 10.0.9200.16843  BrowserJavaVersion: 10.51.2
Run by Owner at 10:52:12 on 2014-03-28
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate   6.1.7601.1.932.81.1033.18.3894.1579 [GMT -7:00]
AV: Kaspersky Internet Security *Enabled/Updated* {56547CC9-C9B2-849D-8FEF-A496150D6A06}
SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Spybot - Search and Destroy *Enabled/Outdated* {9BC38DF1-3CCA-732D-A930-C1CA5F20A4B0}
SP: Kaspersky Internet Security *Enabled/Updated* {ED359D2D-EF88-8B13-B55F-9FE46E8A20BB}
FW: Kaspersky Internet Security *Enabled* {6E6FFDEC-83DD-85C5-A4B0-0DA3EBDE2D7D}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\STacSV64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\logishrd\LVMVFM\UMVPFSrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k GPSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\Hpservice.exe
C:\Windows\system32\vcsFPService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP SimplePass Identity Protection\EgisService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\AESTSr64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CinemaNow\CinemaNow Media Manager\CinemanowSvc.exe
C:\SwSetup\QuickWeb\QW.SYS\config\DVMExportService.exe
C:\Program Files\EPSON\EpsonCustomerParticipation\EPCP.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\svchost.exe -k hpdevmgmt
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\Common\HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch\HPWMISVC.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftDenchi\UCManSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\EscSvc64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDUpdSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDWSCSvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k HPService
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDFSSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart\SmartMenu.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch\HPMSGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AmIcoSingLun\AmIcoSinglun64.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYNAPTICS\SYNTP\SYNTPHELPER.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529091/blank-white-screen-after-logging-in-windows-7/
Relevancy 52.89%

After Windows 7 32 bit finishes loading I get a white screen. I have run Malwarebytes, Spybot and Farbar. The Malwarebytes and Spybot found and fixed problems. I don't know where to go after running Farbar. I need help on fixing whatever this is.

A:I have a white screen when Windows 7 finishes loading

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-a-white-screen-when-windows-7-finishes-loading.208767/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi guys i am experiencing this crashes when i am doing something on pc like browsing or working with software and pc suddenly crashes in to white screen and restarts i've experienced this like for 3 times now in different intervals. I've got minidump file from the last crash but i dont know how to analyse it. Please if you can help me with it and tell me what causes this crashes thank you.

A:white screen windows crashes need help with minidump

Quote: Originally Posted by wildchild20

hi guys i am experiencing this crashes when i am doing something on pc like browsing or working with software and pc suddenly crashes in to white screen and restarts i've experienced this like for 3 times now in different intervals. I've got minidump file from the last crash but i dont know how to analyse it. Please if you can help me with it and tell me what causes this crashes thank you.

This was Related to EpfwLWF.sys Epfw NDIS LightWeight Filter from ESET. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials.

http://download.eset.com/special/ESETUninstaller.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201224-white-screen-windows-crashes-need-help-minidump.html
Relevancy 52.89%

After startup my monitor just turn white with this sentence on it quot please wait while the connection is being established quot I ran malwarebyte antimalware mbam in safe mode with command prompt and white by after screen startup windows blocked the screen turn to normal again But i think the malware is still in my laptop since i cannot turn on my firewall I hope anyone can help me with this I already ran DDS and GMER for anyone to take a look of my problem Thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by owne at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV McAfee Anti-Virus and windows blocked by white screen after startup Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system mfevtps exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Program Files x TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components Scheduler STService exe C Windows System vds exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Common Files Steam SteamService exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system SndVol exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search us b kmarks com landing t php guid A - E - -BFB -C BCEC CE A uDefault Search URL hxxp search us b kmarks com landing t php guid A - E - -BFB -C BCE... Read more

A:windows blocked by white screen after startup

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===If you did not set this proxy or is not required (check with your Internet Provider) remove it.uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:59838In Internet Explorer go to Tools - Internet Options - Connections Tab - Lan Settings and remove the reference to 127.0.0.1:59838 if found, then uncheck "Use a proxy server" and check "Automatically detect settings".===If you use Firefox in Tools Menu > Options... > Advanced Tab > Network Tab > Connection > Settings. Select the Auto-detect proxy settings for this network option. Or no proxy if you do not need it.===Please DownloadTDSSKiller.zip>>> Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Download http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exe (aswMBR.exe) to your desktop. Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan. Upon completion of the scan, click Save log, and save it to your desktop. (Note - do not select any Fix at this time) <- IMPORTANTPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.===Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447250/windows-blocked-by-white-screen-after-startup/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi --

I ssume that my PC has a virus.  The administrator account has been taken over, I cannot use task manager, and cannot interact with any programs -  The problem persists in safe mode.  The screen is completely filled with a nonclosable white window with only the message "Please connect to the internet....".  I can only use the PC in safe mode with command prompt.

Where do I start?

Thanks,

G

A:Windows XP, white screen w "Please connect to the internet....",

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495619/windows-xp-white-screen-w-please-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 52.89%

I accidentally posted in the Windows forum so I am re-posting in the correct location Thanks in advance for your help I found this site when searching for a cure to a white screen issues in Windows x I downloaded and ran the FRST exe based on your advice to someone in a similar situation The log is below The F drive is the USB drive - sure White what of - 7 Screen not infection HELP kind 64 Windows I used to run frst exe The computer is my HELP - Windows 7 64 White Screen - not sure what kind of infection music recording computer built by PC Audiolabs and while I use Microsoft Security Essentials I leave the computer disconnected from the internet unless I am downloading software updates or digging around the internet for something As a result I do not always get the Windows updates immediately and it seems that I have had a restart Windows to apply updates prompt every time I use the computer in the last days so I am wondering if there are new updates or if the updates didn't work That is just by way of background Your help is appreciated Here is the frst txt -------- Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on - - Running from F Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST txt log and an extra Addition txt log Registry Whitelisted HKU PCAudioLabs User Winlogon Shell explorer exe C Users PCAudioLabs User AppData Roaming cache dat lt ATTENTION Services Whitelisted S MsMpSvc C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe - - Microsoft Corporation S NisSrv C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe - - Microsoft Corporation S PaceLicenseDServices C Program Files x Common Files PACE Services LicenseServices LDSvc exe -u https activation paceap com InitiateActivation x Drivers Whitelisted S hdsp C Windows System drivers hdsp sys - - RME S iLokDrvr C Windows System DRIVERS iLokDrvr sys - - S L SeaMonkDev C Windows System Drivers L SM sys - - Line S MpFilter C Windows System DRIVERS MpFilter sys - - Microsoft Corporation S MSI MSIBIOS C Program Files x MSI Live Update msibios sys - - Your Corporation S MSI MSIBIOS C Program Files x MSI Live Update msibios sys - - Your Corporation S NisDrv C Windows System DRIVERS NisDrvWFP sys - - Microsoft Corporation S NIWinCDEmu C Windows System DRIVERS NIWinCDEmu sys - - S NTIOLib C Program Files x MSI Live Update NTIOLib X sys - - MSI S NTIOLib C Program Files x MSI Live Update NTIOLib X sys - - MSI S NTIOLib C Program Files x Setup Files Ms vP NTIOLib X sys - - MSI S NTIOLib C Program Files x Setup Files Ms vP NTIOLib X sys - - MSI S synusb C Windows System DRIVERS synusb sys - - Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH S UAD Pcie C Windows System DRIVERS UAD Pcie sys - - Universal Audio Inc S UAD System C Windows System DRIVERS UAD System sys - - Universal Audio Inc S YMIDUSBW C Windows System drivers ymidusbx sys - - Yamaha Corporation S DIRECTIO C Program Files BurnInTest DirectIo sys x NetSvcs Whitelisted One Month Created Files and Folders - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - D C WINDOWS BT - - - - - - C Windows diagwrn xml - - - - - - C Windows diagerr xml - - - - - - C Users PCAudioLabs User AppData Roaming cache ini - - - - - - D C Windows Sun - - - - - - C Users PCAudioLabs User Downloads Late Night wav - - - - - - C Users PCAudioLabs User Downloads auth uad - - - - - - D C Program Files Universal Audio - - - - - - Universal Audio Inc C Users PCAudioLabs User Downloads UAD-Win-v exe - - - - - - D C Users PCAudioLabs User Downloads Slate Digital - Virtual Buss Compressors Installer - - Windows exe - - - - - - C Users PCAudioLabs User Downloads Slate Digital - Virtual Buss Compressors Installer - - Windows exe zip - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW mshtml dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW jscript dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporati... Read more

A:HELP - Windows 7 64 White Screen - not sure what kind of infection

Hello scott2112 I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
HKU\PCAudioLabs User\...\Winlogon: [Shell] explorer.exe,C:\Users\PCAudioLabs User\AppData\Roaming\cache.dat <==== ATTENTION
C:\Users\PCAudioLabs User\AppData\Roaming\cache.dat
C:\Users\PCAudioLabs User\AppData\Roaming\cache.ini
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating systemOn Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.Run FRST again like we did before but this time press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Also boot the computer into normal mode and let me know how things are looking.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501688/help-windows-7-64-white-screen-not-sure-what-kind-of-infection/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I have a desktop computer with windows 7 (Inspiron 545).

When I turn it on the logo of windows loading appears normally but after it I only get a black desktop with a big white cursor (low resolution?) but there is nothing else there, no icons, no task bar, etc. just emptiness. I wish I could give out more details but there is nothing more I can do. I tried with F8 to load recovery and do a factory re-install but the option is not there, even though I know the hard drive has a partition for it, the only thing that it's there is check for errors (or fix errors) but that didn't help. I would do a full format and re-install the operative system but I don't have the original dvd.

Thanks!

EDIT: =============Please close this topic, I have decided to make a clean OS install=======
Thanks to those who took the time to read this.

A:Windows 7 - Black screen white cursor and nothing more.

EDIT: =============Please close this topic, I have decided to make a clean OS install=======
Thanks to those who took the time to read this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479942/windows-7-black-screen-white-cursor-and-nothing-more/
Relevancy 52.89%

Having some issues with my laptop It boot to a black screen with white cursor I'm not able to do anything I tried system restore and I get an error cursor white screen WIndows with black 7 I ran CHkdsk and it didn't help I ran Farbar Recovery Scan and this is what I got Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT- EB P D on - - Running from F Platform Windows Home Premium X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST WIndows 7 black screen with white cursor must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run gt X HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x RunOnce AvgUninstallURL gt cmd exe c start http www avg com ww special-uninstallation-feedback-app lic SUFaUDItUkJSUFItN dOTVUtQUJITjktU A Q YtSQ amp inst NzYtODM NjY MDA LVhPMTArMTItRkwxMCsxLUxJQysyLVNQMSsxLVNQMVRCKzEtU AxUzIrMS TVUQrMS TMUkrMS TVTMrMS UVUcrMy TVTNUKzEtTFNEKzI amp prod amp ver Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation HKU user Run swg gt C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe - - Google Inc HKU user Run Google Update gt C Users user AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc Startup C Users Default AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Best Buy pc app lnk ShortcutTarget Best Buy pc app lnk - gt C ProgramData Best Buy pc app ClickOnceSetup exe Microsoft Startup C Users Default User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Best Buy pc app lnk ShortcutTarget Best Buy pc app lnk - gt C ProgramData Best Buy pc app ClickOnceSetup exe Microsoft Startup C Users user AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Verizon Wireless Software Utility Application for Android Samsung lnk ShortcutTarget Verizon Wireless Software Utility Application for Android Samsung lnk - gt No File Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S SASCORE C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE - - SUPERAntiSpyware com S AntiSpywareService C Program Files x comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntiSpyService exe - - S ITMRTSVC C Program Files x CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe - - CA Inc S MyWiFiDHCPDNS C Program Files Intel WiFi bin PanDhcpDns exe - - S N C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine N exe - - Symantec Corporation S COMSysApp SystemRoot system dllhost exe Processid D B F -FD - D - D- FC Drivers Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S BHDrvx C Program Files x Norton Security Suite NortonData Definitions BASHDefs BHDrvx sys - - Symantec Corporation S ccSet N C Windows system drivers N x ccSetx sys - - Symantec Corporation S eeCtrl C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE eeCtrl sys - - Symantec Corporation S EraserUtilRebootDrv C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE EraserUtilRebootDrv sys - - Symantec Corporation S IDSVia C Program Files x Norton Security Suite NortonData Definitions... Read more

A:WIndows 7 black screen with white cursor

Hey my friend. Which error do you get when you want to access System Restore?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563060/windows-7-black-screen-with-white-cursor/
Relevancy 52.89%

My sister's laptop is running Windows 7, she has told me that first she had some type of FBI page coming up asking her for $300.00, then she started having a white screen after logging in to Windows. She brought me the computer and I attempted logging in in normal mode and then safe mode without success. White page comes up immediately after logging in in either normal mode or safe mode. I am not sure what to do next. It is pretty obvoius she has some type of virus or viruses. I searched the site and I noticed a gentleman named Gringo has addressed these type of issues before but each issue is different and he has stated on his posts that the scripts he includes are specific to each user computer so I have not tried any of them. Any assistance Mr. Gringo or anyone else on the site can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507197/windows-7-white-screen-virus-problem/
Relevancy 52.89%

My sister's laptop is running Windows she has told me that first she had some type of FBI page coming up asking her for then she started having a white screen after logging in to Windows She brought me the computer and I attempted logging in in normal mode and then safe mode without success White page comes up immediately after logging in in either normal mode or safe mode I am not sure what to do next It is pretty obvoius she has some type of virus or viruses I searched the site and I noticed a gentleman named Gringo has addressed these type of issues before but each issue is different and he has stated on his posts that the scripts he includes are specific to each user computer so I have not tried any of them Any assistance Mr Gringo or anyone else on the site can provide would be greatly appreciated I posted this topic in the incorrect forum previously Thanks

A:WIndows 7 white screen virus / problem

Hello idalman64 I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.How to tell > 32 or 64 bitPlug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst64.exe or e:\fr... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507694/windows-7-white-screen-virus-problem/
Relevancy 52.89%

My parents run Windows Vista on their computer, and I recently got rid of "Antivirus Live" by downloading and running Malwarebytes in safe mode. After that, I installed Comodo AntiVirus and Firewall on their computer. The computer starts up just fine, but many of the icons on the desktop do not load. If you click anywhere on the screen, it turns white.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289608/windows-vista-white-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 52.89%

The digital river download manager shows as a white screen. While the top Title bar shows that a download is in progress and I have downloaded it 100%, I cannot continue or get passed this part because I cant see anything! Help pls!

A:Windows Download showing white screen

Go to your download folder and see if its there..

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/43104-windows-download-showing-white-screen.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey

Just fitted a new coolmaster 500w safer and better PSU to my system and now the screen goes white on loading flicking to black occasionally. It does sound like it is loading windows and running the hdd, but nothing shows.

It ran fine before and I've made no other hardware changes

Any ideas? Tnx

A:Solved: Installed new PSU, white screen on loading windows

It was a problem with the vista update that installed at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-new-psu-white-screen-on-loading-windows.1060578/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far.

i have just upgraded from 7-10 and it just wont start up without booting to that black screen, i am looking for answers and help on this. Please suggest anything!!

A:Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

Originally Posted by Regimite

Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far.

i have just upgraded from 7-10 and it just wont start up without booting to that black screen, i am looking for answers and help on this. Please suggest anything!!

My experience helping a neighbor with this problem was that some piece of hardware was not connected properly and the device driver had to time out (over 4 minutes) and then Windows launched properly and he could sign in. We then checked the device manager and saw a problem. Unistalling the problem hardware, plus checking for startup software (using msconfig), and then checking starup services (computer management), and then the startup program in the use profile and the all users profile and deleting stuff that obviously was going to the Internet for updates (e.g. Acrobat) solved the issue.

How long have you waited to actually get a signin screen?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36730-windows-10-booting-black-screen-white-cursor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am not a computer expert The problem is I am running windows Xp HOME EDITION When I go to start windows I keep getting the screen We apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully If I Black Did Successfully Start Windows And Not Screen White highlight start windows normally nothing happens and the system keeps circling back to this page over and over So I went on the web I read many articles that stated to use your windows XP disk as a boot disk so I installed it and get the WINDOWS SET-up Blue screen On the bottom of the screen it goes through a process SETUP is loading files SeTup is starting windows Welcome to setup This portion f the setup program prepares Microsoft Windows to run on your computer To set-up windows XP now press Enter To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R So I press Black And White Screen Windows Did Not Start Successfully R I get to a C gt My question is what do I need to type in this line to get the recovery process started PLEASE HELP I DO NOT WANT TO FORMAT over existing system losing all my data

A:Black And White Screen Windows Did Not Start Successfully

I believe what you are trying to do is a "Repair Install". See the link below for detailed instructions on how to do this.How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140621/black-and-white-screen-windows-did-not-start-successfully/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was directed here from the Windows support section because I may have a virus or similar issue I have Malwarebytes Premium and Norton Internet Security which have both been running fine as far as I can tell but my PC experienced an issue several days ago Multiple times in a single day my PC displayed an all white screen only the mouse cursor was visible and I was able to move it The first time I noticed this was after an idle period more than an hour screen, to access PC white displayed Windows anything all unable 10 I rebooted the PC but the white screen returned upon startup I could not even get to my Windows profile I rebooted again and it was gone but the PC took longer than normal to load windows The PC then ran for several hours in a normal state I didn't notice any issues but I'm a novice however after an idle period more Windows 10 PC displayed all white screen, unable to access anything than minutes the white screen returned Pressing Ctrl Alt Delete brought the desktop back up I did not attempt this the first time and the computer once again appears to be running fine I ran my Norton Internet Security and Malwarebytes full scans in regular mode and the MBAM scan displayed several PUPs from mindspark which have been removed Can anyone direct me where I can go for help Are they any files reports I can post that will help diagnose the issue My PC is an all-in-one and about years old Is it possible it could have been a screen display issue or more likely a virus malware issue One last thing I could mention is several months ago by PC began shutting itself down during the overnight hours when not in use Since I updated to Windows this has not happened Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608863/windows-10-pc-displayed-all-white-screen-unable-to-access-anything/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello! I am currently working on a win7 home premium Sony laptop that after login the screen goes to white. It does the same in safe mode. If I type CTRL+ALT+DELETE I get the normal screen. I have found that using the FRST64 tool can help although it seems I would need a fixlist.txt created for me?? I don't want to ruin this laptop as it is not mine, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555730/windows-7-home-premium-goes-to-white-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 52.03%

hello recently after reinstalling some drivers to my his turbo iceq radeon hd 6970 (driver version 12.6) ive suddenly have been getting a random white screen while the experience index is rating my system when the white screen appears its like a total crash im unable to do anything but reset the comp i usually get this white screen while its running the direct3d10 alpha blend assessment please help x.x

A:windows 7 experiance index white screen of death X_X

Can you check your eventlogs "applications" and "system" to see if there are any errors

Also have you tried system restoring your system prior to reinstalling drivers ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-experiance-index-white-screen-of-death-x_x-659093.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, just finished a clean install of Windows 7 - everything was working perfectly and after about an hour I restarted my laptop just to make sure all was well. It wasn't. On starting my laptop now I get the usual 'Sony Vaio' screen and then just a black screen with a blinking white cursor like a command prompt.

You can't type anything into this screen and it just stays like that, Windows 7 does not load.

I installed Windows 7 through a USB stick since my CD drive isn't working. I've tried restarting the laptop both with and without the USB but no change. When using the USB I get the Windows 7 install screen again and I can choose 'repair' but it's not finding any problems.

I've also tried resetting my boots order to default (as it started with the USB drive when i was installing) but this hasn't helped either.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

A:Black screen and white cursor on restarting Windows 7?

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...working-guide/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-and-white-cursor-on-restarting-windows-7-a-428295.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all, 

I have a problem very similar to this thread:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487382/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/

On boot the bios posts fine, but after that it immediately goes to a black screen with a white line. I am unable to enter safe mode, and it never moves past this screen. I thought it was a hardware issue, so I cloned the drive onto a completely new drive and it has the same exact issue. So now I have to suspect something is wrong with windows itself. 

Prior to this, the computer was working fine, then it shut itself down and on immediate boot up this issue appeared. System restore does not work from the windows 7 DVD, and I've tried startup repair numerous times, as well as chkdsk and sfc scans.

I have posted the FRST log for reference.

Thank you.

A:Windows 7 Booting to Black Screen, White Line

Another thing I noticed, is on the black screen if you press CTRL+ALT+DEL the laptop restarts. Not sure if that is helpful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532807/windows-7-booting-to-black-screen-white-line/
Relevancy 52.03%

HI Guys,

trust  you are doing good.

I really need your help here.

Actually facing a Black screen with white blinking cursor:

For info , the white cursor keep blinking without loading into windows.

F8 is not even accessible .Also tried to reset my BIOS settings to boot from my HDD first but with no result.

Tried repairing boot issues on start up via a Windows DVD, even tried a system restore, but still no positive boot up.

My issue is similar to this post:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487382/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/

I tried generating a FRST Scan log so that you can get a clearer view of what's happening.

Can somebody please help me on that and provide me a fixlist.txt to solve same.

Thank you

Mod Edit:  Removed FRST log data, not allowed or used in the Win 7 forum, see http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-167/announcement-45-no-dds-otl-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/ . - Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625751/windows-7-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi yall.....eveytime i starts my computer it shows a black screen with white writing before it goes to the actual vista starup screen......is there anyway i can stop this screen from showing??

A:windows vista black screen with white writing

Hi there and welcome to the Vista Forums!

The first thing I would tend to recommend there would be booting from the Vista dvd and going into the repair tools section for the automatic startup repair tool option found there. From the "GRLDR" seen at the top it looks like you had tried out Linux at some point or are seeing some other problem with the boot information.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228600-windows-vista-black-screen-white-writing.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi nbsp nbsp I updated even After Update ... - persist Problem White Screen Windows 10 to windows and after a couple of hours the main display of my laptop went white but my second White Screen After Windows 10 Update - Problem persist even ... screen which I use with an HDMI cable is still working nbsp Here is a screenshot - Screen one is showing white and I am typing this on screen nbsp continue below picture nbsp nbsp nbsp I have updated my drivers in the Device Manger but probelm still White Screen After Windows 10 Update - Problem persist even ... persists here is my specs for screens and link for full White Screen After Windows 10 Update - Problem persist even ... continue below picutre nbsp nbsp Full Specshttp speccy piriform com results ZRXCgJC x PrsszxBodRVhn nbsp From my understanding white screens is the LCD cables yet this probelm started after Windows update so I am reluctant to think it is that My Laptop is still under warranty but dont want to send it in if there is no need as I need it for work nbsp I have found information online saying that an Image Restore wont work but I have one and can try it if needs be nbsp Other information found online says my computer has basically forgotten that I have a main display to output the information to and render the screen and that is why my second screen works perfectly and I might be able to solve this with booting from save mode and trying to repair it from there yet I have never done that and dont want to cause more problems doing things like that nbsp What might be the best way to move forward with this problem ie nbsp Is there a way to check LCD cables without taking apart the computer Don't want to do this and don't think it is the fault nbsp Will system restore help nbsp nbsp Where Who should I contact for help in this regard nbsp Thank you for any help provided and please tell me if you require any other info to assist I would really like to fix the problem myself instead of taking it to a guy or HP nbsp nbsp whitescreenUser nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/White-Screen-After-Windows-10-Update-Problem-persist-even/td-p/5700401
Relevancy 52.03%

I tried to create a new Help at bar white the is stuck screen! the Solved: at Windows bottom XP - of the quot profile quot so I made a copy of the Profile quot that I had in Windows system properties and called it GAME to configure my computer for gamming not loading Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen! in all the extra crap like virus updates etc So I made the copy and exited windows so that I could sign on as GAME and set the hardware like I want After Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen! shutdown I restarted and Windows asked which profile that I woul like to use I choose GAME Windows never fullly loaded and after about minutes with no activity I reset the system to go back to the old profile quot Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen! profile quot Now I can not get windows to boot into any profile either GAME or Profile I get down to the quot Select Profile quot screen and no matter what I choose I can not boot into windows All I get is the blasted white bar at the bottom of the screen What am I to do AMD Anthlon X Windows XP SP MSI K MM-V Corsair TwinX X GB PC matched set ATI X XT I am pretty sure it is Windows because all the hardware post and I get no beeps from the BIOS Setup X Maxtor GB SATA Primary IDE for boot on channel X Maxtor GB IDE Secondary IDE on channel slave storage disk X CDROM IDE Secondary IDE on channel master CDROM Even when I power off and restart the first start I have the options to go into Safe Mode but when I am asked for the quot profile quot of either GAME or Profile I still end up with the white bar at the bottom of the screen Help please BIOS IS set properly and reading as it should TIA nbsp

A:Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-windows-xp-is-stuck-at-the-white-bar-at-the-bottom-of-the-screen.527755/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys, so I was able to fix the d3d problem I was having early it was the drivers of course.

However,I have encountered a new problem, and I am not able to know what the reason might me.

As you can see windows which are white will create a reflection/smudge sort of ghost image on the screen which is also affected in screenshots, so that would rule out the monitor being faulty.
http://i48.tinypic.com/qoyiqb.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2n9goeh.png

Now there's a couple of different new things..
My new GPU which is a sapphire HD7770
The way that my monitor connects to the GPU which is a VGA cable going into a VGA to DVD-I adapater.
And the AMD drivers which is the version 12.11 -beta-

What could be the culprit?
Thank you for your patience.

A:Reflective ghost image of white windows on screen.

Could you provide something more clear of what you are getting at? Looking at the screens I see everything looking normal.
The first screenshot I think you are talking about the clarity/fade of the text for the Google Search.
The second screenshot I see nothing wrong at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/269360-reflective-ghost-image-white-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Sorry if this topic is related to Windows XP rather than Windows but I would like to hear experts' opinion as I cannot find any working solution at Google and in displays white Youtube a screen Flash XP 19 Windows IE8 YouTube contact is inexistent I noticed recently that when clicking on a video in YouTube Internet Explorer displays only a white window without any text or images whatsoever The video might start and listen the sound in the white background but it may not Youtube displays a white screen in IE8 Flash 19 Windows XP I already have all possible Windows XP Updates and latest version of Adobe Flash and Java I tried to delete history as suggested this didn't work I also tried to uninstall Adobe Flash with their own uninstall utility and reinstall it this didn't Youtube displays a white screen in IE8 Flash 19 Windows XP work either I had no problem watching YouTube videos some days before so I suspect they changed something on their site and made IE totally incompatible I have no problem watching videos in Firefox but I want Youtube displays a white screen in IE8 Flash 19 Windows XP to know what happened in IE and if there is any workaround other than using a different browser Also Firefox and Google Chrome are not recommended for old computers with low RAM as they consume almost - times the memory that IE uses for the same sites I would rather avoid other browsers Thank you for your help in advance and excuse me for posting a Windows XP question on a Windows forum

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/31811-youtube-displays-white-screen-ie8-flash-19-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all, I am new and hope I am asking this question in the right forum and the correct manner.

I recently installed a Nvidia Quadro NVS 55/280 PCI card and 2 19 inch Lenovo monitors.

After this install the Ribbon Bar on Office 2007 looks like it is 8 bit color and is pretty much black and white. I have checked for new drivers and all are up tp date.

Has anyone run into this?

Thanks

A:Office Xp Ribbon Black And White After Nvidia Install

Hmm, never heard of this, but office 2007 is still new. Check for any updates and make sure your running the monitors on 32 bit color.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96108/office-xp-ribbon-black-and-white-after-nvidia-install/
Relevancy 51.6%

I got a 2nd hand laptop the other day and when im on web pages that have a white background the white looks a little like cream not white as it should do.

i have changed the brightness but still the same and the screen has been cleaned so what could be the problem and what can i do about it?

the laptop runs on Vista.

A:White is not White on my laptop screen

Welcome
Follow this tutorial specifically,intensity
Color Scheme

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292893-white-not-white-my-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been having troubles hit windows black ESC... load I Gateway un white screen won't and unless desktop with my computer recently and decided it was my graphics card I went and purchased a new one and got a new power supply to go with it I put my new hardware in and turned on my computer but it a gets stuck on my Gateway screen It says to press either F or F for BIOS or Boot options Pressing either doesn't work The only way I can get my computer to boot is to hit esp as soon as I power on my computer it'll load into the American Megatrends screen for about minute and then windows will boot If I press f or f fast enough it will say it's loading them Gateway desktop won't load windows unless I hit ESC... black screen and white un but switches into a black screen with the white underscore Side note I run dual monitor and it switches monitors for this From my HDMI to my DVI I'm not sure if it's just booting into the wrong thing Or if maybe something wasn't Gateway desktop won't load windows unless I hit ESC... black screen and white un quite plugged in right Maybe I should change where my SATA cable is plugged in Gateway Computer Model DX Windows bit Intel core i processor Two TB Hard drives GB Memory Nvidia Geforce GTX ti GB Thank you Gateway desktop won't load windows unless I hit ESC... black screen and white un in advance for your help

A:Gateway desktop won't load windows unless I hit ESC... black screen and white un

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576753/gateway-desktop-wont-load-windows-unless-i-hit-esc-black-screen-and-white-un/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all I have a neighbor's Dell Inspiron desktop computer with a bootup failure When powered it displays the BIOS screen allowing access to the setup screens as well as the boot device option with arrow Vista cursor Black Screen Windows White In addition pressing the F key does allow access to the expanded options including Safe Mode and the Repair options The System Dell Inspiron Windows Vista Home Premium OS AMD Dual-core processor GB of DDR RAM Single SATA hard drive Single SATA DVD R RW drive When booted in Normal mode the Windows Vista scrolling Windows Vista Black Screen with White cursor arrow bars are displayed briefly before the screen goes black with a white arrow pointer The arrow pointer freely moves about the desktop when directed with the mouse However black screen remains until the time limit is reached for the screen-saver to start At this point the Windows Vista logo displays and the default screensaver application starts The same result is obtained when booting under Safe Mode I have tried other options via the F screen results were the same Last known good configuration Lower video resolution Using the Repair Windows function I was able to bring up the various options Tried a startup repair and indicated everything was fine Tried to restore the computer to an earlier time and was told there were no restoration points to reference I tried Command Prompt and found that I was able to move about the directory tree of the C drive In addition I have tried booting the system from Linux live media and have found that even though the machine is equipped with a DVD drive only iso files burned to CDs will function with this computer Live DVDs do not seem to be readable I do not have the original installation discs for the machine nor any repair discs Wondering if anyone has any ideas of what options to try short of wiping the HD and re-installing another OS Thanks

A:Windows Vista Black Screen with White cursor arrow

Get to the Command Prompt and type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and Reboot the system. Check Disk will start at next bootup and will take a while. It will search for bad sectors and try to repair them as well as fix orphaned files.
You also can press F12 when booting up and do the Dell Diagnostics.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-black-screen-with-white-cursor-arrow-1030457.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello

I recently encountered an issue where my screen goes white, however I can get into my pc by rebooting several times and occasionally when I turn the screen on or off. I run several anti malware scans by Norton, MS and malware bytes. They all seemed to clean up some stuff but the next day the same thing occured. Some of the things that the scans found were: Strongvault app, Software bundler win32/dealply and trojandropper Win32 Rotbrow.L.
This problem has existed for about 3 weeks now.

Can you pelase help?

thanks

A:White Screen Virus-Trojan/Ransomeware? Windows Vista 32 bit

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Please read NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help. This will give me a place to start and give you back a better working computer.

Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as I can look at those logs.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/white-screen-virus-trojan-ransomeware-windows-vista-32-bit-761401.html
Relevancy 51.6%

dual boot laptop with windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04. When I start windows most of the time screen goes purple/pink with white dashed lines all over the screen.I want to get rid of this problem. I tried refreshing both windows and ubuntu and updating drivers but didn't work. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/purple-screen-with-white-dashed-line-on-windows-startup/td-p/5719097
Relevancy 51.6%

I have HP ProBook 430 G1 with pre-installed Windows 7 Professional 64bit. After clean system installation I have resized Windows partition and created new partition for Ubuntu. I also removed HP_Tools partition. After that (I don't know if it happend before resizing partition) when I start Windows and restart it from Start menu I got black screen with white short strips. I see it for about 10-15 seconds and Windows start normally. It happens after choosing Windows from boot menu but before Windows logo appears.
It only happens after system restart. It doesn't happen when I start system for the first time after turning on computer.
I uploaded photograph of the screen as an attachment.
Anyone has any ideas what causes this problem?

Now, after I was hitting F8 to start safe mode this screen appears everytime - no matter if I start or restart computer.

A:Black screen with short white strips after Windows restart

GRUB issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334837-black-screen-short-white-strips-after-windows-restart.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Home 7 screen with cursor frozen Windows white blinking black built computer running Widow bit ult computer randomly shut down and refused to recognize the boot sector and would not recognize that I had recovery points I have followed the steps up to fixtlist from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor bios gt recovery dsk gt Cmd Prompt gt farbar I am hesitant to run the fixlist without confirmation Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor on MININT-THSJFIP on - - Running from h Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run BTMTrayAgent gt rundll exe C Program Files Intel bluetooth btmshellex dll TrayApp HKLM Run NvBackend gt C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run FAHConsole gt C Program Files File Association Helper FAHConsole exe - - Nico Mak Computing HKLM Run PrintDisp gt C Windows system PrintDisp exe - - ActMask Co Ltd - http www all pdf com HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA UpdaterStartupUtility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AvastUI exe gt C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKLM-x Run Immunet Protect gt C Program Files Immunet iptray exe - - Immunet HKLM-x Run ADSKAppManager gt C Program Files x Common Files Autodesk Shared AppManager R AdAppMgr exe - - Autodesk Inc HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKU deadlog Run GoogleChromeAutoLaunch ED E F E AF D F C gt C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe - - Google Inc HKU deadlog Run GoogleDriveSync gt C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU deadlog Run f lux gt C Users deadlog AppData Local FluxSoftware Flux flux exe - - Flux Software LLC HKU deadlog Run SkyDrive gt C Users deadlog AppData Local Microsoft SkyDrive SkyDrive exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU deadlog Run Google Update gt C Users deadlog AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU deadlog Run MusicManager gt C Users deadlog AppData Local Programs Google MusicManager MusicManager exe - - Google Inc HKU deadlog Run CCleaner Monitoring gt C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe - - Piriform Ltd HKU deadlog Policies Explorer Startup C Users deadlog AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Dropbox lnk ShortcutTarget Dropbox lnk - gt No File Startup C Users deadlog AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Send to OneNote lnk ShortcutTarget Send to OneNote lnk - gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE Microsoft Corporation BootExecute dfboottime C Windows System dfboottime cfgautocheck autochk Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S AdAppMgrSvc C Program Files x Common Files Autodesk Shared AppManager R AdAppMgrSvc exe - - Autodesk Inc S Autodesk Content Service C Program Files x Autodesk Content Service Connect Service ContentService exe - - Autodesk Inc S avast Antivirus C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe - - AVAST Software S CFD Server C Program Files Autodesk Simulati... Read more

A:Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor

Greetings endercase and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please run the following for me.===================================================Bootrec /fixboot Windows 7/Vista--------------------Boot your computer into the Recovery EnvironmentSelect Repair your computerSelect Command PromptType the following after the Command Prompt, pressing Enter after each linebootrec.exe /fixbootAttempt to boot your computer into Normal Boot===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. Does your computer boot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562686/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 51.6%

So After having windows 8 for a while now and had no Problem with it :3 but then Suddenly My power Went out and when I started my pc again it was rather slow very slow ( I Must wait like 5 min to type in my password , nothing happens when I type ) and When I log on all I see is a White Taskbar and a black screen with no Icon's on my desktop , but when I defraged my HDD it worked Perfectly with no Problem's (Defraged on an other pc)
Any Idea's Why this happens ? I dont wana Defrag my Hdd everytime my power goes out
note this has nothing to do with avast as some users also get a black screen after login with avast installed

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/27563-windows-8-white-taskbar-black-screen-after-power-fail.html
Relevancy 51.6%

After a OS restart i get a blinking cursor and nothing happens i can't get into white black with Windows cursor screen frozen 7 blinking safe mode FRTS log Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door SYSTEM Beheerder op MININT- E C J - - Gestart vanaf Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor D Geladen Profielen False Beschikbare Profielen lt AANDACHT Tijdelijke Profiel Platform Windows Preinstallation Environment X Taal Nederlands Nederland Boot Modus Normal Handleiding Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst Microsoft Corporation X Windows System winpeshl exe Microsoft Corporation X Windows System WallpaperHost exe Microsoft Corporation X setup exe Microsoft Corporation X sources recovery RecEnv exe Microsoft Corp X sources recovery tools MSDartTools exe Microsoft Corp X Windows System Explorer exe Register gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het registry item zal worden teruggezet naar de standaardwaarden of verwijderd Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst HKLM-x Winlogon Userinit X HKLM Winlogon Shell cmd exe k start cmd exe lt AANDACHT HKLM-x Winlogon Shell lt AANDACHT BootExecute Internet gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist als het een registry item is wordt verwijderd of hersteld naar de standaard Winsock Catalog SystemRoot System mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand ManualProxies Internet Explorer HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page SearchScopes HKLM - gt DefaultScope waarde ontbreekt SearchScopes HKLM-x - gt DefaultScope waarde ontbreekt DefaultPrefix gt lt AANDACHT Prefixes home gt lt AANDACHT Prefixes www gt lt AANDACHT DefaultPrefix-x gt lt AANDACHT Prefixes-x home gt lt AANDACHT Prefixes-x www gt lt AANDACHT Services gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist wordt uit het register verwijderd Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst tenzij apart vermeld S sacsvr X Windows system sacsvr dll - - Microsoft Corporation Drivers gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist wordt uit het register verwijderd Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst tenzij apart vermeld R bfadfcoei X Windows System drivers bfadfcoei sys - - QLogic Corporation R bfadi X Windows System drivers bfadi sys - - QLogic Corporation R bxfcoe X Windows System drivers bxfcoe sys - - QLogic Corporation R bxois X Windows System drivers bxois sys - - QLogic Corporation S cht vbd X Windows System drivers cht vx sys - - Chelsio Communications R elxfcoe X Windows System drivers elxfcoe sys - - Emulex R FBWF X Windows System DRIVERS fbwf sys - - Microsoft Corporation R ql i X Windows System drivers ql i sys - - QLogic Corporation R ql xx i X Windows System drivers ql xx i sys - - QLogic Corporation R qlfcoei X Wind... Read more

A:Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor

Hi iceke

My name is polskamachina and I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal Forum. I will be helping you with your malware issues.
What follows below are some ground rules for this forum.
I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24-48 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, please let me know. I am in California at GMT-7 hours (Pacific Standard Time). If I do not respond to you within 48 hours, feel free to send me a private message.
Some points for you to keep in mind:
Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine. Running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, cause unforeseen damage, or system instability.
Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
I cannot see your computer. Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide as much detail as you can in every post.
Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end.
NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a flash drive, anywhere except on the computer.
NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.
In order for me to give you the best assistance possible, I will need to see an English version of the FRST report.
Right-click the FRST64 icon.
Select Rename.
Change the name of the program to either: EnglishFRST64.exe or FRSTEnglish64.exe.
Press the Enter key to accept the name change.
Double-click the newly named icon and the program should start in English.
Check the box for Addition.txt. Note: This option is not available if you're running the program from the Recovery Environment.
Click on the Scan button.
When the scan has completed, copy and paste the FRST.txt and Addition.txt if available into your next reply to me.
Let me know if you have any questions.

polskamachina

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617051/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Everyone I'm having issues with my Windows bit PC My issues are almost IDENTICAL to this post here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor I was organizing files when Black Screen 7 White with Cursor Virus Boots to Windows after everything closed Microsoft Windows 7 Boots to Black Screen with White Cursor after Virus Security Essentials appears saying Threat Detected and now my computer will not boot even to safe mode It will boot to a Windows Repair disc which I've done and tried running startup repair and system restore None of the system restore points work they all give me the message An unspecified error occurred during System Restore x ffff I've taken the first steps of running Farbar I definitely need some help with the fixlist text file THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE Here is the log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on - - Running from G Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST txt log and an extra Addition txt log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run BCSSync - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe DelayServices - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run nwiz - C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nview nwiz exe installquiet - - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI - C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM Run MSC - c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe -hide -runkey - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM RunOnce Restore - C Windows system rstrui exe RUNONCE - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task - C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKU CAD Run Google Update - C Users CAD AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe c - - Google Inc HKU CAD Run Wisdom-soft ScreenHunter Pro - x HKU CAD Run Autodesk Sync - C Program Files Autodesk Autodesk Sync AdSync exe - - Autodesk Inc HKU Default RunOnce mctadmin - C Windows System mctadmin exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Default User RunOnce mctadmin - C Windows System mctadmin exe - - Microsoft Corporation Startup C ProgramData Start Menu Programs Startup SolidWorks Fast Start lnk ShortcutTarget SolidWorks Fast Start lnk - gt C Windows Installer B B EA E-B F- D-A -B FB NewShortcut EDF C D A B B F FE C A D exe Flexera Software Inc Startup C ProgramData Start Menu Programs Startup SolidWorks Fast Start lnk ShortcutTarget SolidWorks Fast Start lnk - gt C Windows Installer FFA C - A B- C E- - B C NewShortcut EDF C D A B B F FE C A D exe Flexera Software LLC Startup C ProgramData Start Menu Programs Startup SolidWorks Background Downloader lnk ShortcutTarget SolidWorks Background Downloader lnk - gt C Program Files x Common Files SolidWorks Installation Manager BackgroundDownloading sldBgDwld exe Dassault Syst mes SolidWorks Corp Startup C Users CAD AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Gamma lnk ShortcutTarget Adobe Gamma lnk - gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe Adobe Systems Inc Startup C Users CAD AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Dropbox lnk ShortcutTarget Dropbox lnk - gt No File Services Whitelisted S Adobe LM Service C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe - - Adobe Systems S CoordinatorServiceHost C Program Files SolidWorks Corp SolidWorks swScheduler DTSCoordinatorService exe - - Dassault Syst mes SolidWorks Corp S DraftSight API Service C Program Files x Dassault Systemes D... Read more

A:Windows 7 Boots to Black Screen with White Cursor after Virus

Problem resolved per OP.