Windows Support Forum

BSOD - hibernation/sleep mode - again

Q: BSOD - hibernation/sleep mode - again

OMG! It's here again:
It was working two days and now - the same problem.
Could you please help me?
Thank you very much!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD - hibernation/sleep mode - again

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD - hibernation/sleep mode - again

Quote: Originally Posted by hlavica

OMG! It's here again:
It was working two days and now - the same problem.
Could you please help me?
Thank you very much!

These were caused by your K57nd60x.sys, Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver..
I would re-install it with the newest revision.
Relevancy 46.01%

My monitor going to sleep mode if I connect to my nvidia VGA card card.
LG monitor saying "SLEEP MODE ACTIVATED" Red light is blinking
I connect to my on board VGA it's working properly....
Please Help

Advance thanks .....

A:VGA card on Sleep Mode

The "sleep mode activated" message is normal on the monitor if it is receiving no signal from the PC (VGA card). You need to connect it to on board VGA and tell your system which card to use (or which order) in the BIOS. I cannot tell you how to get into BIOS since I do not know your PC brand/model.
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 24.08%

My laptop doesnot load when it is in hibernate or sleep. if I want to load it,I must have refresh mycomputer many times as soon as it boot up!

A:Asus N53SM wake up from sleep issues

This may be caused by a faulty video driver. Check to see if there is a update for the video driver and make sure you have applied all the Windows Updates
Relevancy 24.51%

My laptop goes into sleep mode even on slightest jerk applied on screen to rotate it,what possibly could be wrong, and on repairing how much could it cost

A:Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

Sounds like a fault somewhere in the wiring (or a "switch" that is located inside the hinges for the laptop screen. Not 100% sure but without knowing make and model of your laptop, it is my best guess.
What you can do is the following:

Select "Power Options" in the "Control Panel" list.

Click the plus sign next to "Power buttons and lid" to expand its sub-list.
Click the plus sign next to "Lid close action" to expand its sub-list.
Click the word "Sleep" to open a drop-down menu next to the power plan you wish to adjust (e.g. Plugged In). Select "Do Nothing" from the drop-down menu.
Click "OK" to save your settings and exit the window.
This should disable the sleep option, then you wont have to worry about it until you can get it fixed properly.
Relevancy 20.64%

I am working on a Toshiba L750 laptop with Windows 7, it was booting to the desktop for a few seconds and then turning off, if I boot into safe mode it works fine. Thinking it was software related I am in the process of reloading the software using the recovery partition software but it seems to be now doing the same now it loading the various programs on top of windows.
Any suggestions gladly received.

A:Toshiba laptop turning off but OK when in safe mode.

I would suspect the graphic card driver, or that the screen resolution is set too high.
Safe mode boots the pc with the minimum, but working MS drivers.
You could try safe mode, then device manager, and uninstall the graphic card driver. Then do a normal boot .
Windows should fall back to a reliable MS driver running in SVGA mode, or just above that. It should be stable.
I would also run 'sfc /scannow', to try to correct any simple Windows O/S problems.
Best source for the drivers would be Toshiba's site.
( Of course it could also be overheating but not if it's fine in safe mode.)
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all,
I am writing because from few weeks I can not solve this problem of connection:
if the computer is in safe mode there aren't problems, while in normal mode, the following programs don't connect / update:
Internet Explorer 11, Dropbox, Malwarebytes, Mozilla Thunderbird, Flash player update, Java update, StartUp Delayer.

While Firefox, Chrome, Emsisoft Anti-Malware (Antivirus), Online Armor (firewall), and other programs work and update normally.

I've tried and tried various "solutions" found in the Web and in the Forums, but without any result.

I noticed that Dropbox and StartUp Delayer "tell" me that's is probably a Proxy problem.
I honestly have never used a proxy, and tried in every way possible to disable any proxy, but nothing changed, same issue.

I tried uninstalling antivirus and firewall, but the issue still remain, the same as resetting the connection settings and even Windows Firewall (which is usually disabled).

This problem is present both with ethernet connection and wireless.
I use a HP dv6000 notebook with Windows Professional 64bit.

I thank you if you can help me, because I really don't know how to fix this problem =/

Thank you,

A:Windows 7 - only connect to internet in Safe Mode with some softwares

I MIRACULOUSLY solved this situation!

Among the many details I forgot to say that for the connection I use a router, and after several attempts to copy the settings from a computer connected to the same network, I tried to enter the DNS entry of the parameter TCP/IPv4 (in connection properties) and ..and all began to work perfectly.

I can not explain, howeve, why the other computer works even without these two values.

But I'm happy that this (strange) situation is solved, and hope this can help someone else

Have a nice day,
Relevancy 20.64%

The computer has 2 750gb hard drives in it but I noticed it was awful slow for a dual quad core computer with win 7 64 bit and 16gb of ram so I checked in the bios and I don't really see a way to turn it completely off unless the hard drives are reformatted in some way. If someone is familiar with this problem please help. I have disconnected one drive and re-installed windows on the other for now.

A:How do I turn off raid mode on a Dell Precision T5400

You can't just take drives that have a RAID array on them and expect them to work when you turn RAID off. You'll need to re-format.

Anyway, the Dell BIOS has an option for HDD mode, it's in there.
Relevancy 29.24%

When I installed my Samsung SSD series gb I configure it in IDE mode not knowing it should have been in ACHI mode instead my question is can I reconfigure it into ACHI mode and how do I do it without losing any files I ve also done it to and OCZ and a Plextor SSD and would like to reconfigure them as well Any and all info will be greatly appreciated The Samsung computer is an ASUS-M A TD-V Evo- CPU-AMD Phenom II X processor GBs of ram Nvidia Geforce GT ACHI from SSD mode? mode to my IDE Converting video card Multi Drive blue ray writer x TB HHD Converting my SSD from IDE mode to ACHI mode? Corsair W PSU Win Ultimate My OCZ sys is ASUS F A -V Pro AMD A K APU Corsair GB Mhz ram OCZ GB SSD GB HHD TB HHD Nividia Geforce GT video card LG blue ray player LG Multi-Drive Corsair W PSU Win Home P my Plextor is housed in an AsRock- FM A X Extreme w AMD A K APU GBs G Skill Mhz of ram Plextor GB M Pro SSD x TB HHDs - TB External drive Rosewill Hive W PSU Win Home P I need these drive configured right so that I can get the best performance from them when I do some upgrades on these systems nbsp

A:Converting my SSD from IDE mode to ACHI mode?

A quick Google search brought this up - This should only take you 5 minutes to complete on each PC.
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with monitor which is a samsung syncmaster 2333. When ever I play a game on my pc with my xbox controller it goes to sleep after a while, when using mouse it never does. The power settings are all set to never sleep or turn off monitor. When it does go to sleep I move my mouse and I'm back in business. Any Ideas?
Relevancy 20.64%

So over the last few days my Samsung laptop has been putting itself into standby mode without any Samsung warning standby into going mode without Laptop warning And I for the life of me cannot figure out why All options to turn off the computer have been set to Samsung Laptop going into standby mode without warning never while it s plugged in so it s not that I suspected it was the laptop overheating for awhile but I ve got SpeedFan running and with the latest shut down the core temperatures were only around degrees Celsius I ve seen it run up to degrees when I really pushed it to investigate how hot it got and that didn t prompt any response at all except Samsung Laptop going into standby mode without warning for the fan speeding up and the laptop cooled down pretty fast when I let up on what I was doing Is there any other reason the laptop would shut down like this I m not the most computer smart in the world when it comes to the internal workings so any help would be appreciated Potentially relevant things Samsung laptop NP V C Radeon graphics card Intel core i Windows OS nbsp

A:Samsung Laptop going into standby mode without warning

Do you have all standby options shut off, like when closing the lid?
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi guys,

I have an ADSL TP-Link modem model TD-8817 version 6. I want to configure it in bridge mode. The only thing I know about that is my VPI is 0 and the VCI is 35. Does anyone know how to do that step-by-step please?

Relevancy 30.1%

I have a champion ups it has suddenly stopped working. The ups turns on but I am unable to turn on my pc but when I turn the outlet switch off I am able turn on the PC in backup mode. I was able to boot and shut down the PC. The ups works in backup mode but somehow refuses to supply power when in online mode. Please help.
Relevancy 32.68%

My computer... just somehow went into hibernation after the DS tapped it... I don't know how, the bottom of the computer didn't smack into the cooler fan or anything.. There's no button on the bottom of the laptop that puts it to Hibernate... Was this just a freak happening... The Event viewer said a button was pressed or the lid was shut...

...There's a lack of buttons to be pressed where I hit it.

A:How did my computer go into hibernation?

Depending on how the switch for the lid is designed, a physical shock could momentarily trip the switch. And once the hibernation sequence has started, there is no stopping it.
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi, I just want to know what the best mode is, IDE or AHCI, my board has defaulted to IDE so that's what I'm currently using.

A:Hard drive mode: IDE or AHCI?

If it's an SSD then you should change it to AHCI and reinstall Windows. If all of your drives are normal HDDs then it won't make any difference.
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently got new Intel SSD series 330 60gb in addition to my standard 1tb Samsung HDD. So I set RAID mode from IDE to AHCI in BIOS (mobo MSI X85 pro-e). Now some of SATA ports (port 3 and 5) don't recognize my HDD or CD/DVD being connected but I still can use them in windows while other ports display them normally in BIOS. Also when I switch back to IDE mode, ports 3 and 5 display hardware in BIOS.
Relevancy 21.07%

I tried to update a network controller driver on a homemade XP Computer I got the fatal blue screen after the NVidia slash screen It was an nforce driver Windows would not start I tried to get into safe mode to do a restore But no mouse or keyboard is reading Is there a way to do a system restore at start up with out going to safe mode use Can't Keyboard or mouse safe mode in By the way I don t have a XP CD I do have a product key HELP you XP Gurus Oh and Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode it is really hard to get into even safe mode I saw BIOS once when pressing the Esc button But now it just goes to set up Every F button give me the option of boot menu F or Set up Delete But no matter what I hit it goes into setup The keyboard works fine in that screen But as soon as the safe mode boots up Can t use mouse or keyboard Someone told me could Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode be motherboard did I do thaaaat Again HELP HELP HELP Thanks Ynotbme nbsp

A:Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode

You can download a windows 7 ISO onto a USB flash drive or cd or dvd. Contact where you bought your windows 7 and they will give you a link to download the iso. or maybe you can search the web for a ISO and enter your key later. I don't know if you will be able to navigate without a keyboard and mouse, maybe they will work in the windows 7 setup like your thinking.

Good luck!

p.s. I meant windows XP not 7. Iv done it with 7 I don't see why you cant with XP>
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an HP Probook with Athlon II dual core. It starts to overheat as soon as it comes out of sleep mode. It will get up to 200*F with the fan running and the whole case gets hot. If I shut it down and restart, the temp will stay normal, 120*, for as long as it stays awake. But if I let it go to sleep and wake it up, the overheating starts. It gets hotter everyday. Was only going up to 180* yesterday. Any ideas? Thanks

A:Laptop overheats after coming out of sleep

Check Task Manager processes on what is chewing your CPU.
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys hope every things good there, im fine but im facing some issues with my lenovo z580 it started 2 days ago, the laptop just don't go into sleep mode when I close the lid I removed the power management software, reinstalled but nothing the problem remains does anyone faced the same or similar issue before? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

A:Lenovo z580 no sleep with lid closed

What power management software did you remove? You can't remove the windows power management features.
Relevancy 20.64%

How do I solve this? I have the following anti virus/malware programmes (I realise I probably have to uninstall some as I have too many, but which ones shall I uninstall?):

spybot - search & destroy

A:My laptop won't connect to the internet -- only will in safe mode

First, let's see about accessing the net itself - -

get a command prompt (start->run->cmd OR start->search->cmd)

enter PING

both of these should show timing results and neither should timeout or have errors.

post back with your results.
Relevancy 24.51%

Acer Aspire T180 Decktop with windows xp media center edition.

Does it on 2 different monitors.One them is a brand new monitor that was never used but in box for awhile.

A:Monitor goes to sleep/goes blank randomly

Do you have on-board video or a separate video card?
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all got cq61 and had thread up about screen blank well got it fixed in shop it was connecter on motherboard and lcd cable . well wen i start it it comes on then after 5 min it goes like into sleep screen goes off but i can faintly see in background i cant press anything to get it back on but i close the lid reopen it and most of time it sound like it gone off but the on off light flashes on/off constant then i press touch pad and on it comes . as normal then 5 min and same thing , but then just now it went off completely .. now i checked all sleep and hibernation setting turned them all to never.. also i know battery is faulty as even when fully charged laptop goes off .. what could be problem please help

A:Laptop starts then every 5 min goes in sleep

hi all took it back to shop and they saying its definate the battery they say 60 for new battery i know could prob get it cheaper can anyone reccomend where as i know off ebay would prob be sodgy remake or something ? also does the MaH matter like the origanal battery is 10.8v and 4200mah i see battery on ebay 10.8v and 4400 mah and 5200 mah does this matter thanks in advance
Relevancy 24.51%

So from personal experience I have a good sleep when the laptop is placed away from my head or when you while your head Laptops near sleep the thing is in hibernation but when I have my laptop running near my head I wake Laptops near your head while you sleep up all groggy So what is the cause of this If I slept with the laptop running near my head would it give me a brain tumor So what I am saying is if I sleep hours without the laptop near my head it felt like I slept hours With it near my head it felt like I slept hours and I would fall asleep in class the next morning So what is the cause of all this and is it a conspiracy that if you sleep near a laptop or computer while it is on that it would mess up your brain I want to know this because I tend to put the laptop near my bed and while I am watching videos I sometimes fall asleep with the laptop running Oh I am using an ASUS Laptops near your head while you sleep f sv by the way nbsp

A:Laptops near your head while you sleep

Maybe try changing the power option so that after x hours, the laptop will go into hibernation mode?
Relevancy 20.64%

I tried using the promiscuous scanner to find out if the network adapter is in promiscuous mode. Ironically, the application requires the sniffer to be activated for the promiscuous scanner to work. Wouldn't this make the whole scan pointless as now the network adapter has enter promiscuous mode anyway. So it is useless.

If I see * asterisks signs, under the 31 bit group does that mean it is in promiscuous mode?

Any information about this would be appreciated.
Relevancy 31.39%

Yo, all i could think of is to use keyboard menu shortcuts blindfolded, i found instructions from this forum to do so, but only for XP SP1 and SP2, which dont seem to work, i assume because i hvae SP3

A:Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work

can you revert to an old save point in system restore?
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a Dell Inspiron When I turn it on I see the usual initial screen the windows logo and the loading bar below it Then the screen turns off working going hibernation or Dell into 6400: not Inspiron Screen a bit like hibernation If I leave it there I eventually hear the usual sound of windows loading up that I would Dell Inspiron 6400: Screen not working or going into hibernation be familiar with when one reaches the desktop stage after startup At this point if I close down the laptop and open it back up the screen lights up and displays the screen that usually comes up when someone reactivates a turned-on laptop blue screen with the button in the middle and the account name and status locked However the entire screen is slightly off in colour But before I can click the button to unlock the account the screen goes black again So that s what s happening all the time now Initially I had been using the laptop and it was working fine Then left the room Then returned and was looking at the screen not touching the cursor and the computer went black like it would if no user had been inputting into it So the screen going black seemed normal at first But since that occurred I have not been able to interface with the computer SO the computer seems to be working and the screen can display But it keeps going black As if the computer keeps thinking its time to hibernate I looked at the dell site about opening it up and i read posts about other people opening their laptop to fix issues with screen I m not sure what I d be looking for though One unusual occurrence was I started the computer the windows logo was displayed the screen went black I closed down the screen within seconds at this stage I did not know that it would eventually still load if I left it open Then after or minutes the computer was making beeps Three loud beeps in a row then ascending-descending-ascending-descending beeps with the A and lights flashing with the pattern too Opening the laptop the screen started up then died as per usual The second I saw the screen it looked like it had low resolution and basic colours It reminded me of back when computers had colours Real early windows look Some window was open with some options to select No idea what it was this only happened once nbsp
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone I recently came to own via a friend a new TB WD HDD used strictly for storage and it s not playing nice with my setup The HDD http www amazon com gp product B ZCXK I For the most part everything seems just fine when I have the HDD connected I ve transfered several GBs of data to and from with no issues When I m working on unrelated applications it doesn t cause problems The only time my computer is unhappy is when I have the HDD connected and I boot into a game like Dragon Age Origins When I do this the monitor shuts goes into standby mode and is otherwise unresponsive I have to force shut off the computer and when I do other issues ensue The Computer monitor when in to hangs, (+ HDD) new sleep goes games other issues include some messed up blocks of colors on the screen as well as blue screens The only way to return my computer to a working condition is by doing a system restore After a system restore everything is fine even with the extra HDD connected unless I attempt to get into a game When the HDD is disconnected games work no problems I ve read around and some people Computer hangs, monitor goes to sleep when in games (+ new HDD) seem to suggest that the PSU isn t powerful enough however I have a W PSU so that should be just fine Check out my system specs if you need other system specs If anyone has any suggestions I m all ears Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Computer hangs, monitor goes to sleep when in games (+ new HDD)

This sounds like a driver issue. Have you updated either the BIOS or chipset drivers for your motherboard? USB drivers for mobo?
Relevancy 20.64%

Dell XPS an GT Nvidia video card Computer will be fine then all the sudden i get all of these lines and weird colors at top and bottom screen and computer freezes I reboot and all through the splash screen and where i enter password i have weird lines and shapes When the logo comes up i have a double of it on side of the screen but its all distorted Right when Window goes to load my monitor goes dark and just get the orange lite on the monitors on off button When i again reboot and go into safe mode i still have all those wavy lines and if i move the mouse around the screen even lines mode! an colors in Wavy safe weird it clears it up some Its like im getting interfernce on my screen Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode! Now ive disabled through Device Manager my Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode! video card but still have the issue But i dont always Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode! have this issue Right now its working but then after awhile it just hit and freeze computer Talked to Dell and he just did the updated Drivers for Video card which i did a week ago He know wants to reset my computer back to factory settings which sucks cause i lose all the video s i have Is it my Video card going bad a Virus or something else Please help before Dell talks me into something stupid nbsp

A:Wavy lines an weird colors even in safe mode!

Normally a virus won't do such things.. It is your card but disabling the video card in device manager and continuing using the video card port wont change anything you must go back using the onboard card port if your mobo have any then you may see the difference.

Also if you recently update try to rollback to previous version to see and if the same then use the onboard video to see and if it work on onboard video therefore your video card is faulty.
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello, I am new on Techspot and this is my first post.
Recently, about 3-4 days ago I would put my laptop to sleep and when time to resume the display is blank. However the hdd is running, fan is running fine and hardware light is blink. The screen is blank as if the computer is off and the LCD screen is not lit black. Please help me as I am heavy on the sleep function.
Thank you in advance!

A:Display not responding after resume from sleep

What operating system are you using?
Manufacturer and model number of laptop would be helpful too.
Relevancy 21.07%

Gateway GM e Windows Vista Home freezing and Mouse mode safe in of out Premium Intel Core E dual core processor Installed MB DDR MHz PC - dual channel memory GB RPM SATA II hard drive All appears normal but after touching the mouse the problems are apparent The mouse freezes all over the screen I have to do a large sweep and then tiny micro-movements to select and icon The programs load super slow and the mouse is skipping all over the screen When the Pc is turned on the gateway screen is on for over a minute then the monitor turns off and then back on the loading bar pauses many times as it starts up It eventually loads but then the mouse doesn t move The pc makes a grinding clicking sound when the mouse moves but then the mouse freezes and the noise stops I am at a loss for words I have been through a lot with this pc from last month when it stopped turning on It has come a long way and I feel like it am almost done but something isn t right I am hoping it is not the motherboard but I cannot think of anything else it could be These are the steps i have taken to fix my pc Checked PC to make sure drivers were up to date Defragged the hard-drive registry cleaner Removed all dust replaced thermal paste on cpu Did a recovery that formatted the hard drive and reinstalled the OS Installed Antec PSU Replaced CPU Fan Opened safemode and mouse still freezes It seems that as soon as the Pc starts the problem is already at work It all started after I install some phone software but after the format I would think if it was a software issue it would have been resolved Thanks for any help you can Mouse freezing in and out of safe mode offer nbsp

A:Mouse freezing in and out of safe mode

First I would advise you never use a registry cleaner unless you know exactly what it is removing, they can do more harm than good.

My first thought is that your hard drive may be failing so please follow this guide to run the manufacturer's diagnostics.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:

Western Digital:

Toshiba Fujitsu:

If you have a Toshiba hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...
Relevancy 20.64%

A few weeks ago, my wife's laptop had a problem with malware. Microsoft security essentials took care of it. After that she ran a full scan. Ever since she ran that full scan, she can only connect to the internet in safe mode. Other than that, her computer seems to be working fine.

She has Windows 7 and Internet explorer 8.

A:Laptop can only connect to internet in safe mode

You are most likely looking at a driver issue. Tell us the make of your laptop.
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a year old Gateway desktop running Windows home premium with gb ram Sometimes when I am working and the system may be idle for min or so the monitor will go into sleep mode It shows no signal and no keyboard action will awaken it I have the power settings to never turn off and the screen saver is off as well I swapped out the monitor with another and it did the same thing so I think I have eliminated hardware I then went to the device mgr and attempted a driver update which said I had the latest driver The only way it will come back on is to cold boot the system BTW I have reseated the video cable as well I have looked at the m b and all looks ok No bulging capacitors or to and goes respond sleep won't Monitor excessive dust on processor etc Keep in mind that when this monitor goes to sleep the system is still operating correctly with fans running and the power light is on steady No matter what I do to try to wake up the monitor is is not responsive I have to hold down the power button on the tower for a few seconds to shut it down I then wait a few Monitor goes to sleep and won't respond minutes and bring Monitor goes to sleep and won't respond the system back on Also when this happens the keyboard is dead as well Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I REALLY need help here I don t know if anyone s been lookin at this thread or not but I seriously need help with a similar problem Here s the story My dad just got this brand new i samsung laptop Laptop sleep problem at quot and it s giving me a problem it s only been maybe or so hours since we even turned it on It hasn t been on the whole time though My issue is that the power settings won t change from Laptop sleep problem sleep What I mean is when I try to change what closing the lid does or what the power buttons do it means SLEEP and ONLY sleep So it s just well Laptop sleep problem trouble I m trying to set up my dad Laptop sleep problem s computer all nice and fresh and sparkly since this is his first personal computer He s had work computers since his company started giving them out to him for who knows how long I would really hate to give my dad his computer back this saturday and have him see that the computer goes to sleep every time he shuts the lid nbsp

A:Laptop sleep problem

typical issue with OEM drivers for the motherboard.
I've had a rash of such issues with my Toshiba and have had to reinstall
the Toshiba Console software where these features are located (for Toshiba at least).

NOTE: The OEM software will override the Windows control panel so make sure you are accessing the correct software for your laptop.
Relevancy 21.07%

I am talking to a friend over the phone so I don't have the computer in front of me for all of the details. He has an older XP computer probably 2005. It won't start in any other mode. All he wants to do is pull pictures off of it. If the computer never works again its ok. Is there a Linux dist that I can put on a usb that can see these files and pull them off? Or does he have a a better chance of hooking up the old hard drive as a slave in his newer computer?
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I have a computer that is not to old It is an Acer Aspire l One day as i was using a program it sleep to in or mode No keyboard/monitor mouse power completly froze so i restarted When i did it got to a loading screen just about to the screen where i pick my user account to sign on and it froze again So i once again restarted and No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode when i turned it back on it sounded asthough it was started up normally aka the beeps and crap it makes when it boots up all sounded normal but i noticed my keyboard and mouse didn t light up like they should and the monitor was in a sleep mode aka it is on but it s a black screen with flashing light at the bottom the same No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode it would be if i turned my pc off but left my monitor plugged in on So anyway i waited and hour and it booted normally again It went about a week or longer and i decided to leave my pc on overnight when i got back on it in the morning i moved my mouse a little to warm it up and it froze again just like last time so i restarted it and the same thing happened but it has now been a few days and it stll isn t working Does anyone have any suggestions to try to fix it i really don t know much about pcs other than how to use it lmao Oh other things i should note My mouse and keyboard are both usb and they both work on other pcs same with the monitor Also i turned my pc on while it was like this and tried unplugging my mouse and plugging it back in and when i plugged it back in it briefly lit up like it should but went out again when fully plugged in nbsp

A:No power to mouse or keyboard/monitor in sleep mode

Okay this Acer has an extremely small 135 Watt power supply. It may be failing. Is this PC still under warranty?
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys having an issue with my friends laptop. It's an HP G62 with Intel I3 running windows 7.

I have had to replace the screen and ever since it hasn't shutdown or gone into sleep mode properly. It will turn the screen off but the machine will still be running (fans etc) and the only way to turn it off is with the power button.

I have tried alternating the RAM and it doesn't appear to be a Windows issue. The BIOS looks a bit outdated (F.07...I think the latest update is F.36) but I'm sketchy about about flashing the BIOS because if the laptop wont restart properly I don't want to kill the laptop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A:Laptop won't shutdown / sleep

What have you got setup in the Power Options for sleep and hibernation. There is a setting to select what it should do when you close the lid, have you set that?

Try shutting it down from safe mode and see if that works, that may give some clues to the problem.
Relevancy 20.64%

I have tried to connect two different monitors to a CPU. A LG Flatron L1915S that just goes into power saving mode when started and a Samsung syncmaster 225bw that gives a message "check cable".

Both monitors work on other CPUs. The current CPU does not have a VGA connection. With an adaptor I can connect a VGA or a DVI cable (Flatron only have VGA possibility).

I guess the problem is in the CPU but how can I troubble-shoot? Is it the graphics card (how do I check that?) or can I somehow adjust the monitors to accept the signal from the CPU?

A:Screen goes into energy saving mode when connected

Can you give some more info about what you are using?
Is your PC a known make and model, or is it built up by you?
Both of your monitors are telling you that they are not getting any input, in different ways, and I am guessing you are using a separate Graphic card in an AGP or PCI-express slot on the motherboard.
You say your PC does not have a VGA output, so you only have a choice of one Graphic card, and socket.
So in that case, you have to try it in another pc, OR get a different card to try in your pc.
Can you say if your card has worked before? In your PC or a different one?
Relevancy 31.39%

my asus netbook 1001 px is having a sreen problem. sometimes after hibernating, when i sign in and then plug in the battery charger the screen goes fuzzy and i have to turn the computer off to get it working again. if i plug in the battery charger before signing back in this does not happen. how can i fix this?

A:Asus netbook screen problem after hibernation

Try reinstalling or updating the video driver
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I m not sure if this post is in the right place so sorry if it isn t When I play a game any game like the sims left dead or crysis the screen will go blank and input going to signal. No gaming. Only when sleep. Monitor display the words quot no input signal quot and then quot monitor going to sleep quot and then the screen will go blank I can t do anything with the pc after this point even though the tower is still on I have to restart it by holding in the power button I have No input signal. Monitor going to sleep. Only when gaming. tried pressing the windows button and esc and all that but nothing happens The amount of time i can play a game before No input signal. Monitor going to sleep. Only when gaming. it turns off is different each time i can play for a few hours or a few minutes Also it only happens when I m playing a video game I don t know what info is needed so ill just put bits here i used sisoftware sandra to get this info Computer Model System manufacturer P K Deluxe Processor Model Intel Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Speed GHz Cores per Processor Unit s Threads per Core Unit s Type Dual-Core Integrated Data Cache x kB Synchronous Write-Thru -way byte line size L On-board Cache MB ECC If there is any info you need that isn t here just let me know because this is a problem i would love to fix Thanks nbsp

A:No input signal. Monitor going to sleep. Only when gaming.

Need to know
what brand your computer is (if its branded),
what graphics card is it using, and if you can get it,
what temperatures everything is running at when you're doing absolutely nothing with the comp, and
what temperatures everything is running at when you're running your games (stressed system).

For temperature info, you'll need to download something like Everest.
Relevancy 21.07%

I have an IBM T41 XP SP2 that was connecting fine then connected for 5 min or so and had to reboot to get back on line. Now it wont connect at all unless in safe mode. Have 2 other computers in the house that work fine one is wired one is wireless. The one having issues will not work wired or wireless. Have tried adware virus scan search and destroy, and malware. Still no go. Thanks in advance.

Attached is my Hijack this log

A:Internet only works in safe mode

What were you doing that required you to reboot? A possible software installation or update that may have knocked the ethernet and wifi drivers out of wack.

have you checked your tcp/ip settings? are you getting an ip at all? is it set to dhcp or set to static ip?

Also when you open your browser in the network settings. It could be possible that theres a proxy ip in the settings. This can be caused by adware and spyware. Though you said scans came up clean, its still worth to check.

What browser are you running? Internet explorer, firefox, google chrome?

Also what antivirus/firewall software are you running.

I do see black ice in the hijackthis log.

Also have you checked device manager to see if there are any driver issues with the Ethernet card or wireless card? I highly doubt this is a driver issue. Not to often do i see both wired and wireless drivers go bad. But i have very rarely seen a computer lose all its drivers due to a virus.

Hijack this log really didnt really show me much that could cause the problem.
Relevancy 21.07%

I installed a SataIII drive on an Asus M A TD-V Evo board boots SATA drive in only mode IDE with win XPsp OS Since I only have Xp service pack on cd the install of SATA drive only boots in IDE mode the drive on the new board failed xp setup did not work although I had the new drive -as the board manufacturer suggests- on Sata in IDE mode and I detoured by installing the drive first on the old machine installing the raid driver during setup updating xp to service pack two and then SATA drive only boots in IDE mode moving the drive to the new board machine updating the drivers for the board what a pain During boot up I see a message saying searching for devices no device found if that means anything Now XP boots fine with the velociraptor in IDE mode on SATA connectors but poops out in AHCI mode or in IDE mode on Sata connectors - My questions are is there a fix without re-installing the whole caboodle and b if I run the rpm drive in IDE am I loosing speed or just the hotswap capabilities PS Two days later I am running win but still have issues Thank you nbsp

A:SATA drive only boots in IDE mode

What company made the drive?
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey guys, I'm going to get a Core i7 2600k for my new gaming build but I'm unsure about how the turbo-mode is affected by overclocking. The stock speed of this processor is 3.4GHz which goes up to 3.8GHz with turbo-mode.

If I overclock it to 4.4GHz does this mean that it will run at 3.4GHz with turbo-mode going up to 4.4GHz? Or will it run at 4.4GHz all the time?

Thanks in advance!

A:How is turbo-mode affected by overclocking the 2600k?

From my experience with the previous Generation, if you overclock with turbo on it just increases the turbo auto clock, so turn it off, and control everything manually to get the overclock you desire.
Relevancy 31.39%

I just recovered from accidentally disabling my display adapter I logged into linux see, mode or Accidentally work disabled VGA safe adapter can't won't mode display and to get on the net and found the thread solved by Spike and also by glowingnissan on this issue and found that neither of these threads solved the problem exactly Spikes solution finally ended Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work up working with one change and I thought I would post it here in case anyone else had the same gut wrenching experience thanks Microsoft Phenomena accidentally disabled the display adapter and after the XP loading screen you get nothing Dead monitor Safe mode hangs each time and quot VGA Mode quot does nothing different Solution Here is Spikes original solution thanks Spike with a note for step Also beware of quot found new hardware quot wizard etc popping up at system startup interfereing with these instructions I recommend pressing alt-f Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work a few times after startup to make sure any startup programs get closed and then doing these instructions Good Luck Log Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work in If you log in automatically all well and good if not use the up and down arrow keys to go to your user and hit enter to select if you normally have to enter a password then do it now and hit enter again press and hold the windows key and tap R this is the keyboard shortcut to the run box type quot devmgmt msc quot without the quotes and hit Enter this opens device manager wait a few moments to make sure device manager is open and then hit the TAB key once this brings the selection onto the device list cancel this step and jump to step with SP as you start in device view by type as default and pressing alt-v will pop you into the view menu new hit ALT V together which switches to viewing devices by type hit D TWICE which should bring you to Display Adapters hit the RIGHT cursor key to open the dropdown selection and right again to go to the first device in that selection hit Alt A together to open the context menu for your adaptor assuming it s the first in the list hit the Down cursor key which selects Enable note if you ve got the wrong device this will select disable for that device then hit Enter to enable it If you get a number of dialogues as I just did for a seperate device I m not about to disable my own display just use a combination of enter Y for yes until they are finished I found that pressing Y Y enabled the adapter and then proceeded to reboot your system Having speakers on may help for this process so giving you a few audio cues for what you re doing I just went through this entire process on my machin as I typed it so I know it works of course I know this because I was looking at it be carefull you don t mistype or hit the wrong keys nbsp

A:Accidentally disabled display adapter and can't see, safe mode or VGA mode won't work

The shortcut keys in Device Manager apply only to English OS, of course.
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem with watching videos (YouTube and the like) in full screen mode. My system is three years old with all specs in my profile. Specifically the problem is that when I start a video from YouTube or wherever for that matter, and I click on the box giving me the option to watch the video in full screen mode, the video box will attempt to go to full screen then will revert back to the initial box size. What can be tried to correct this?

A:Watching video in full screen mode

Wow with all the techies out here and I can't get anyone to respond to my question?
GEESH! To add to my question, I should say that I'm reasonably sure my OS is clean and clear of all of the virus/spyware nasties.

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem with watching videos (YouTube and the like) in full screen mode. My system is three years old with all specs in my profile. Specifically the problem is that when I start a video from YouTube or wherever for that matter, and I click on the box giving me the option to watch the video in full screen mode, the video box will attempt to go to full screen then will revert back to the initial box size. What can be tried to correct this?Click to expand...
Relevancy 43.43%

while i watch online video if i put my laptop in sleep or hibernate mode.After i resume sleep/hibernate mode video gives problem,freezes,bubbling etc.but audio still goes on without any problem.its new laptop laptop video and display drivers are up to date.
any comments would be appreciated

A:Acer Aspire laptop video freeze after resume sleep mode

Have it looked at under warranty
Relevancy 21.07%

i have uninstalled my norton and turned off every firewall i could find,turned addons off turned them on....can anyone help?

A:Internet only works in safe mode

Define Internet? Your internet browser or your connection?
into command promt and see if you get ping replies.
If you do, it means you have internet but your browser doesn't, so it's either set up incorrectly or something (a crash?) caused something to be damaged. Try either reinstalling your browser or trying a new browser.

If you don't get ping replies, and you're not connected to the internet at all, that means that something that runs in normal mode (that doesn't in safe mode) is blocking your internet, or causing your connection settings to change. If your connection settings are all correct, then it may be a malicious program? I'm just guessing I dont know much in this field, but I would advise scanning for viruses and see what happens.

Good luck
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey guys,
I have an HP pavilion dv2915nr laptop and I broke the screen so I removed that and hooked it up to a spare monitor.
Everything was going great until I accidentally knocked out the video cable when I was using the computer and now, every time I turn on the computer, the display shows there's no signal right after the windows loading screen. It'll only work in safe mode or if I uninstall the display adapter driver.
I don't really know what happened - I hope I don't have to replace the graphics card or anything. Please help!
Relevancy 19.78%

Turn computer on, it only gets to the black screen w dell on it and lower right corner shows f2 set up and f12 boot options but those don't work,will not start up n safe mode

A:Vista Dell Studio black screen froze can't start in safe mode

Were there any symptoms/problems prior to this?
Remove the battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Try to boot with and without the battery.
If F2 and F12 don't work you have a serious problem,
Have you tried booting from a CD/DVD?
Relevancy 14.62%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm working on a little Gateway that doesn't have a cd drive and I can't find a style name. The computer was dropped. It boots in a loop of the Microsoft logo and the Gateway logo. Can't get to safe mode and not getting a post beep. It has usb ports. Can I take out the hard drive and slave it to my desktop?

A:Can't boot to safe mode

It sounds like when the laptop was dropped the HDD was damaged, i have seen this happen a few times. Even drops from a foot or two can make the HDD useless. IF the HDD that you need to hook up to a desktop is SATA then all you need to do is put it into a desktop that has SATA too. then you could try to recover the data. If the HDD is IDE then you will need a Laptop 2.5" to Desktop 3.5" IDE Hard Drive Adapter Converter like this one for $8
Relevancy 24.51%

I have recently installed windows 7 home premium and when i wake my computer from sleep mode my USB devises like keyboard, mouse etc don't work.

Please help

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.2Ghz
Ram: 4GB
Mouse: Logitech USB MX320 Laser Mouse
Keyboard: Dell USB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 210
Printer: HP Photosmart C4100
Monitor: Dell E197FP

A:Win 7 USB devices not working after sleep

I would double check some power settings, mostly the ones pertaining to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Device Manager and "USB selective suspend setting" in the Power Options.

Beyond that, I'm not too sure.
Relevancy 20.64%

The speakers won't work only if I plug something into the headphone jack will sounds come out.

A:Asus G51VX-RX05 stuck in headphones mode

the line may be muted... you should go into your sound card's control panel and check.
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello Recently I changed my old graphics card from an Nvidia GT to a ATI HD I also did the following manipulations to solve a problem I had with my computer mode into going Computer partially sleep side note I have WinXP - Opened my PC case with power off of course and check for connections in it my DVD drive was not correctly connected fixed it - On the motherboard there was a battery looking like a watch battery took it out for secs to restore factory settings on my motherboard - Went Computer partially going into sleep mode inside the BIOS of my motherboard and stumbled upon the fact that USB was not activated so I swiitched from USB to USB Now my problem is that when I go to Start gt Turn off the computer gt Sleep not sure it s the right word in english my WinXP is in French Anyway before when I chose that the computer would go into sleep mode without any problem and that s it But since I have my new card it doesn t It seems to the hard drives etc seems to go to sleep the screen also finds no signal and also goes to sleep but I still hear a fan running in there with as much noise as when the computer is still running normally really weird I was thinking the fan is the new graphics card I didn t install it the vendor installed it for me since i m not really a brain at internal electronics maybe there is something to connect on it to tell her when to go to sleep I dunno Or it s the proc fan Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this please Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Computer partially going into sleep mode

When you removed the CMOS battery, it reset the BIOS to default settings. I don't know what motherboard you have and the BIOS' of different boards can vary but check the Power Management page of the BIOS and see if the suspend type is set to S3 (STR).
Relevancy 24.08%

The last week my monitor has been hissing and has now started to remain black after startup or coming out of sleep. I have to unplug and replug the VGA cord a few times before the screen comes back on. It tries to come on on startup but all you hear is this loading hiss and a quick flash of screen. After I get it working it works fine and will even come back on if I play with the on off button. I have already replaced the VGA cord with a new one so that's not the issue. I am running Vista 64 Premium Home on a HP pavilion. I've had the monitor for 4 years with no issues. I have not updated , installed or changed anything before this started. Any help will be appreciated.
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.
Relevancy 20.21%

Am having a problem with my monitor and power saving mood

My Mobo is Gigabyte EP45-D6Q

Graphic card ATI Radeon HD 4850 With last driver 10.9

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Monitor LG flatron L 1750SQ with a vega cable

i have my monitor power saving settings to shut down monitor after 5 min, when i touch the mouse or keyboard after a short time of idle the monitor come back from savepower mood, if it goes into a long time idle once i touch the mouse the monitor power button keep flashin and i have to turn it off and on manytimes from power button till it come on, i changed the vga cable and installed graphic last drivers, i have no problem with the monitor as long its on, it only does that after LONG idle can someone help me plz?

A:My monitor stay in power save mode after long idle only

Five minutes is too short a time for monitor shut down in a desktop. Increase the monitor shut down time to 30 minutes. Also check the BIOS settings for "wake up" options. You might try setting the bios to its defaults
Relevancy 23.65%

okay I have a ASUS G72GX Republic of Gamers Laptop.

I can be browsing the web watching a movie or even playing World of Warcraft and this thing will either go into sleep mode or the screen will go blank like 2 to 3 times my keyboard lights will switch off as well. I have to move my mouse or hit any key to get the screen to come back. I have done EVERYTHING Iknow of to stop this EVERY thing in the Power settings is turned off This shouldn't be happening at all... I do not know what to do lol it is driving me crazy... Please some one give me some intel on what could be the problem...

A:Laptop goes into random sleep modes or screen goes blank randomly

DX file

Relevancy 19.78%

Hi Recently my PC a Dell Dimension E started having graphical problems The problem started when I had left my PC to make a drink when I returned to the PC the screen was in Powersave mode but when I moved the mouse and used the Keyboard it did not return to the Normal mode it stayed in Powersave at Corrupt safe Dell for in boot Dimension E520 screen and problems mode and the PC sounded Corrupt screen problems at boot and in safe mode for Dell Dimension E520 like it was still running at full speed The PC power button was non-responsive so I had to turn the PC off at the plug After booting up I noticed the screen was corrupt with lots of distorted multi coloured lines or blocks and random rows of symbols anyone of or a symbol I do not know how to type It would be like this all through boot and even in Safemode However when I get to Login the random symbols disappear but the lines remain making it almost impossible to use Once or twice at login the computer screen went back and locked in to Powersave Once at boot it came up with an error with a message stating a certain function was repeating itself so was closed but I cannot remeber the function and this has happened once out of odd boots I have tried searching for this problem online but I cannot seem to find an answer I have attached a picture of the problem at Boot PROBLEMS Streaky distorted multi-coloured lines at Boot and in Safemode Random lines of symbols and other unknown symbol at boot and safemode Streaky distorted lines persist at and after login Any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou nbsp

A:Corrupt screen problems at boot and in safe mode for Dell Dimension E520

looks like your screen card has failed.

is your computer still under warranty?
Relevancy 18.49%

I received this error see subject line or below this evening while using Adobe Photoshop CS on my Windows -bit system Error occurred while attempting to use the slice tool in Photoshop The screen froze momentarily - seconds the went black - seconds and then came back to quot normal quot but with the error message in the bottom right corner of screen If occurred - times within minutes I rebooted Photoshop and it has not occurred since Display stopped Mode Windows Nvidia Kernal driver 185.93 Version responding Driver, but I m extremely worried since my computer is my livelihood and I cannot afford to be without it should it go down on me unexpectedly I had a local guy install this video card on my system - weeks ago http www staples com PNY-GeForce- -GT- GB-PCIe-Verto-Graphics-Card product cmArea SEARCH Not sure if it is the culprit or not Here s the error again quot Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver Version stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot Thanks in advance Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding for any assistance that is provided nbsp Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding

A:Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding

Try downloading the latest drivers from nVidia click on support then download drivers, without knowing your exact Display adapter model i cant give you the exact page to download from
Relevancy 14.62%

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did
Relevancy 32.68%

I recently bought an HP Pavilion used. Here's the problem. The battery was getting ready to expire and then the computer went into "hibernation" mode. After plugging in the charger to recharge the battery and turning the computer on manually I encountered the following: The screen does not come on at all, but the computer "acts" like it's trying to start? The keyboard lights come on and I can hear the the fan start. After a few seconds it "restarts" itself and repeats this over and over. The screen never comes on through all this? Any suggestions? HELP!!! Thanks for all your replies
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.
Relevancy 46.01%

I ve searched online about this issue and can t seem to find one exactly like mine We bought a new desktop a couple of months ago Windows home Premium is our operating system We previously had Vista We are using a inch LCD Westinghouse moniter The issue I am having is my moniter will go into sleep mode especailly while I am in the middle of doing something Be it playing a game surfing the web or typing an email I have disabled sleep and power saver mode and have turned off my screen saver as some people have suggested on other forums I have looked at It still does it I have gone onto Microsoft mode into sleep Monitor going keeps com and the only help there is to tell you Monitor keeps going into sleep mode how to turn sleep mode off Mine already is What usually happens when it does this I ll move my mouse and it ll pop right back on Sometimes however it will not come back on unless I hold down the power button on the moniter I have updated all of my drivers and the only conclusion I can come to is this is a Windows glitch and they have yet to fix it Can anyone tell me whatelse I can possibly do to fix this Some days it barely does it and others like today so far it has done it times within an hour Very annoying to say the least nbsp

A:Monitor keeps going into sleep mode

Almost sounds like what I had cept not as bad. My monitors would go into sleep mode on a brand new comp with my radeon 4750. cept it happened either at power on or whenever it felt like it in windows xp. they would not however come back unless i forced the computer off and even that didn't guarantee it. moreover, no one seemed to know about this cuz no one repsonded to me on this forum.

my problem was solved by upgrading windows xp to windows 7. in ur case i can't really suggest that. are you running 32 or 64bit win 7? what's your power supply unit? could also try running a registry edit program to fix registry errors in windows. also, post the specs of your computer like i did below.

intel i3 2.93 duo
ATi Radeon 4750 HD 512mb DDR3
1TB HD 7200 RPM
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey guys
I have a Satellite A55-S3061. It will not boot to up correctly.
So I install a FRESH copy of XP pro. But now during the XP setup first state when it restart the laptop automatically. Then when it starts it loop at Windows Advance Option Menu. Does not matter I DO, even tried installing windows with another copy that I borrow from a friend. Same issue.
BTW tried all option including Last known good configuration.
I did say I install a fresh copy with now file on the hard driver. ( Don't I )
I even remove the HDD from the laptop and place it into a desktop to make sure it was completely formatted correctly.
Even had the ram replace.
oh.......hmmmmmm the laptop keep beeping
Any ideas? :suspiciou

A:Satellite A55-S3061 loop into safe mode

The beep codes can tell you a lot. Look elsewhere on this site for Beep Codes

How old is the hard drive?
Could it be over-heating caused by air channels plugged with dust and lint?
How much memory do you have installed?
Did this happen after you upgraded something, or installed new software or a new device?
Relevancy 20.64%

i just acquired a dell specs Intel Celeron M Windows Ultimate Edition Build CPU Arch CPU - Cores - Threads CPU Dell 7's 1525 XP and Windows Inspiron Mode PSN Intel Celeron CPU GHz CPU EXT MMX Dell Inspiron 1525 and Windows 7's XP Mode SSE S EM T CPUID Extended CPU Cache L KB - L KB Core Conroe-L nm Stepping A Freq MHz MB Brand Dell MB Model U C NB Intel GM rev C SB Intel HBM ICH -ME rev B GPU Type Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM DirectX Version RAM MB DDR Dell Inspiron 1525 and Windows 7's XP Mode Dual Channel RAM Speed MHz - - - Slot MB Slot Manufacturer Elpida Slot MB Slot Manufacturer Elpida rpm sata HDD i put win ultimate bit on it and it seems to work well except the reason i purchased the ultimate ver was i wanted to be able to run vxp i downloaded the xp mode drivers but it wont support the virtual mode i understand this is because of the CPU does anyone know what i need to do this i would like to max this machine out without melting it down it seems to be a pretty good machine so far I m having a little trouble finding the right drivers for everything though such as the touch pad does not show up in device manager so I m running in mouse properties so to speak because i don t know what touch pad dell uses in the example synaptics or what and which ver i did get the web cam going but I m sure it could be better i bought it at a mom and pop computer shop and don t know who the previous owner was to transfer the warranty still working on that one it would be nice to be able to use customer support anyway i think I ve maxed out the memory but would like to upgrade CPU to a good duo core if that s possible and either more or faster memory or both all the drivers i have I ve found at dell com but switching to win ultimate seems to be making it a little hard thanks as always wave nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1525 and Windows 7's XP Mode

Here is a link for your notebook drivers. But unfortunately it doesn't list windows 7, hence no windows 7 drivers either.

Now about replacing CPU; I am unable to comment on it because Inspiron 1525 comes in so many flavors; you are better off consulting with Dell anyway as you commented about warranty over there. Hence, if the thing is under warranty don't void it by fiddling around with it; instead take it to dell and ask them what they can do with it; it may cost bit more; but you will retain your warranty.

Also you may have to update your notebook's bios for a new CPU (if the motherboard supports it in the first place)

However, having said that, I am not sure what is the dell's policy about replacing CPUs or memory etc. in your locality.

Lastly, download CPUZ and check motherboard type /revision / bios info etc. I believe you can upgrade to C2D easily if the Motherboard model you gave me is correct.
Relevancy 21.07%

Ok I m still having some problems with PowerSaving Monitor mode my monitor or GPU im not sure which Well When i turn the computer on in the morning im unable to see anything even if i press delete repeatedly to go into bios settings because my monitor is still in power saving mode with the flashing light I have to wait a good minute or until the OS has fully loaded then it decides to come out of PS mode but isnt instant still a blank Monitor PowerSaving mode screen for a good Monitor PowerSaving mode - seconds Monitor PowerSaving mode However once activate all seems fine even when i restart i get to see my GPU post screen before my mboard post screen which is how it should be When i minimize out of a game it jumps into ps mode again for about a minute amp same when i jump into games Its not all the time but its very annoying I have tested the monitor on my other system which it worked perfectly amp my other systems monitor on my main one amp same again worked perfectly I swapped GPU s over amp still worked perfectly but when i use my GPU amp my monitor it does it This has only really happened until i got windows bit but i cant see how it should make a diff because my other sys has the same os to Ive disabled the auto power saving mode sleep mode amp what not Anyways my monitor is a LG FLATRON W S amp my GPU is a XFX HD My card cant be faulty because it works perfect with my other system amp in games My monitor cant be faulty as it works perfectly on my other system so I have no idea what the hells going on which brings me here Hope someone can throw some light on this thanks nbsp

A:Monitor PowerSaving mode

I had this problem a couple weeks ago when I built my new computer, put my former graphics card in (ATI Readeon HD 4850, not so different from yours), and tried to run WinXP HE on it with dual monitors.

Here were my symptoms:
-IF the computer booted up normally (monitors not in standby), I could load windows but couldn't play games, or even run small apps on both monitors (AIM, Word, anything) without them eventually going to Stand By. Then I'd have to restart the computer manually.

-My card is less than a year old and ran better in my 5yr old dell at higher symptoms in the hot older one....monitors are fine.

Here's what I tried:
-Reinstalling drivers
-Updating mobo BIOS
-Checking RAM, temps, power, all settings imaginable.
-No one had answers for me on forums including this one.

Took it to a pro cuz I ain't got time for this. The only time things ran flawlessly on this bad boy was with windows 7 (32) installed. $200 later I'm up and running with a lightning rod machine.

Try Win7 32 bit jus for hahas. Lemme know what you find. Good Luck.

Intel i3 2.93 Duo
Intel DH55TC mobo
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb DDR3
1TB + 120GB HD
650 watt PSU
2x DVD+RW 16x
2x 17in LCD
Relevancy 20.64%

my pc never did this until now. it never showed any symptoms of anything.then when i turn it on it freezes on the bios screen, the screen with boot options, or if it goes successfully through all this it just goes to black screen and stay like that. the bios detects everything but when i insert the xp installation disk the pc doesn't even detect it. when i try to start safe mode it freezes on cfadisk. Please help me

A:My computer freezes on boot can't even go on safe mode

If you have another computer available and are able to burn a CD .iso download this

Burn to CD, boot to disc and run test. This is Drive Fitness Test and will tell you if you have a bad hard drive or not. It is free and easy to use. Be sure to run advanced test instead of quick test.

Good luck!
Relevancy 21.07%

Ok not sure how or why this happened but I have tried removing the controller from the device manager and rebooting but it still shows up in PIO mode.

Transfers etc are slow obviously so I would like to fix this

I have also tried a program that resets ATA devices to DMA mode

I had this HDD in another computer without a problem so I am not sure why I am having this problem at all..

Its is a 1.5 TB Seagate HDD if that matters at all

MB is a P4M800 and I am running Windows XP Pro 32bit SP3

A:SATA drive stuck in PIO mode

Repair XP, but if you don't have the XP SP3 CD then you would need to blow out the OS and re-install the OS. Once corrupt no turning back. You could try to re-install SP3 but I think you would be better off re-installing the OS to get it where it should be.
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok I have had this happen on two of my computers now When I turn on my computer it sounds like it monitor sleep stays on, on power Computer powers on the fans turn on the green light on the motherboard comes on saying it has power it Computer power on, monitor stays on sleep Sounds like the HDD turns on and starts running Computer power on, monitor stays on sleep Ive taken out the Graphics card and plugged the cord into the onboard video still nothing ive reset Computer power on, monitor stays on sleep the graphics card tried putting in only one stick of ram with each one i have sticks GB still didnt work reset CMOS reset processor also normally before the monitor stops working either the audio or the onboard LAN stops working im not sure if its because one of the motherboard screws i use is plastic maybe not giving a good ground if u have any further questions let me know ive tried almost everything but if you think of something it could be let me know i sent in the motherboard thank god for warranties but i really dont want this to happen to my new motherboard so any help would be appreciated BTW i did build this computer components from newegg com case from xoxide com nbsp

A:Computer power on, monitor stays on sleep

Case design with MoBo

Drakozen said:

im not sure if its because one of the motherboard screws i use is plastic maybe not giving a good ground.

if u have any further questions let me know, ive tried almost everything but if you think of something it could be let me know, i sent in the motherboard, thank god for warranties, but i really dont want this to happen to my new motherboard. so any help would be appreciated

BTW i did build this computer components from, case from xoxide.comClick to expand...

I don't know the motherboard or the case designs ( maybe someone else will )
The green light is for the RAM it is on a different power rail ( and Voltage ) to the Mainboard rail.
Things to check when the new MoBo arrives before you power the unit ON
< The clearance underneath the MoBo ( with all the components attached ) between it and the case. It needs to be a positive gap try for at least four post-it-notes wide, more if the fans vibrate the board
< That the fasteners that do get used for earthing the MoBo to the case are tested with an resistance metre ( 0.00 ohms )
< That the fasteners that do not get used for earthing the MoBo are insulated against this happening
Joy 2 the Builder :approve:
Relevancy 21.07%

I have an old dell which i've been setting up for editing,
and i just bought a dvi to vga converter but I keep getting a black screen on it.

my pc:
Windows professionel service pack 2
dell dimension 4550
intel pentium 4 2.4 gig
ati radeon 9500 pro with an dvi and vga connection
2 gig ram

i would like to set it up with two Compaq 7500 screens.

Anybody has any id?
i've been searching for about an our now and i can't seem to find the solution.

A:Need help dual screen mode with dvi and vga

Hi again

I tried out the monitor with dvi conector to another pc they seem to work perfect and my dvi port works fine with my lcd so why can't i put my vga to dvi with monitor on my pc?
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently updated to a new cpu heatsink & fan and upgraded the ram to 4 gb of crucial memory but now my monitor will not register. It appears to be in sleep mode. I tested the monitor and it works on another computer. I switched the ram back to the 2 GB Kingston that I was running but it still won't come on? I have also tried disconnecting the data and power cable and plugging them back in. Any suggestions?

The motherboard is a ECS GeForce6100SM-M2
AMD Cemperon processor

A:Monitor stays in sleep mode

"I recently updated to a new cpu heatsink & fan"...

Did you clean off the old thermal paste and apply a small amount of new thermal paste between the heatsink/fan and the CPU?
Relevancy 21.07%

I currently run Win Home Premium with a XFX HD GPU After adding a new hard drive to my system amp re organized some power connections to increase airflow around my tower ive had a problem with my monitor sticking in power saving mode when i first boot up my system The saving power mode Monitor monitor is a LG FLATRON W S When i first turn on my system amp monitor for the day the monitor stops on power saving mode until my win desktop has fully loaded but when i restart my system it activates from the off quick enough to show my GPU post screen before my board Post screen I swapped my monitor with the wifes amp she plugged mine in hers amp booted up this morning for the first time amp both activated instantly to show the GPU post screens before anything else loads But when i connected back my monitor after shutting down the system i get the same power saving mode hang I know the monitor is not faulty or my GPU Monitor power saving mode as it would of shown when i swapped monitors over to do the test The only other possibility is my GPU at first boot isnt getting enough power to activate my Monitor strait away but im told thats not a likely cause being lack of power provided to the GPU as i have drives sharing the same lead that powers the GPU amp i thought its struggling a little This is causing me problems mainly when i boot from a cd to perform boot time scans or other tools amp my duel boot system i can use as i cant switch between whatever windows i want as it dosnt activate until windows loads up I really hope someone can provide some tips on possible causes as im all out of options thanks nbsp
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an application that I want to use for long periods of time, but the internet connection needs to be up. Now, to save power I thought that I could put my computer in to sleep mode, but everytime it sleeps, it loses internet connection.

My question is: Can the internet connection stay active during sleep mode? And if so, how can I do that?

I have already tried unchecking 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option on my network adapter, but without results.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to replies...

A:Active Internet connection during sleep mode?

No. If the computer is sleeping the internet connection can't be active (i.e. which would mean you also have a program running handling the connection, transfering data plus then you have memory in use and disk etc. so how much of your computer could really be asleep anyway

/* edit */
just fyi: the connection is allowed to be "awake" only to look for remote "wake up from sleep" type requests coming remotely. No other type of internet activity supported in sleep mode
Relevancy 45.15%

I don't know if this is the right section for this, but I didn't know where to put it.

My question: Can I put my computer in sleep-mode, without losing my internet connection?
By this I mean that applications using internet, will not lose their connection while the computer is in sleep-mode.

Thanks in advance

[Edit] I have already tried telling the computer that it can't shut off my Ethernet Card, but that had no effect. Also I know that I do have internet at night, when leaving my computer on.

A:Sleep-mode, with Internet connection?

to test it

In XP from 'Start'>'Shut down'> pull down Menu I have 'Standby' and 'Hibernate' and these both (when selected) hang-up all the procedures, writes the addresses to the RAM memory then lies inactive until summoned by keystroke (or other setup is in BIOS). The difference is only that hibernate shuts power off and saves to HDD as well.
Why don't you test the button by logging into your email address using the button then come back to the computer after a while. You'll need to set your email security so that it does not stay logged on all day, otherwise as soon as you wake up the computer the computer will automatically log back into your email address:approve:
Edit: if you are trying to set up a fax machine there is a setting in my BOIS called 'Wake on LAN' hope this helps
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,

I have an Inspiron 1525 that is one year old. Recently the battery will be completely dead when I try to turn on the laptop and will not power on unless I plug it in. The battery meter will be at 0% when it starts up, but recharges normally when plugged in. When I unplug the laptop and close the lid (which puts it into sleep mode) the battery will be completely dead by the next morning even if it was at 100% before I closed it. I don't know why the battery is discharging completely so quickly when the computer isn't even running.

Could this just be a problem with my battery? Or is the laptop not actually sleeping when I close it, but continually using up battery power? Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Laptop battery discharging when in sleep mode

Note there's a difference between "Sleep" vs. "Hibernation"
> Sleep mode still requires power (It should be minimal power but definitely still draws some power)
> Hibernation requires zero power

That said, i still wouldn't expect a good battery to discharge overnight on sleep mode so you probably still have an issue with your battery holding a charge
Relevancy 20.64%

So last night I was on my laptop normal safe boot won't or Computer mode in Dell Latitude D and got a little malware pop up in the bottom right of the screen I knew from recent previous experience that this was a baaad thing I started exiting out of programs preparing to do a system restore or try something to prevent Computer won't boot in normal or safe mode a complete virus takeover Things started to freeze and in a panic I manually shut off the computer Then when I tried to start it up I get the Dell screen but after that there was just a black screen with a Computer won't boot in normal or safe mode white lined bar at the bottom which seemed to start loading something but then stopped I tried booting in safe mode and when I do that the about lines of the programming or whatever appear as usual but then it suddenly freezes and won t continue Can anyone help me Am I beyond help What did I do to my computer Also I run Windows XP I don t know if this matters but I m pretty sure Windows was doing an update when I turned it off not sure if that would make things worse perhaps Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Computer won't boot in normal or safe mode

boot directly off your os cd. if you have severe malware, you may need to reformat and reinstall.
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all, I was looking for information on why windows won't start in safe mode and happend on a post from this site (thread closed though). After reading it, I attempted to follow the instrutions givin about using recovery console. After entering "fixmbr" I recieved a caution message that this could potentually damage the partion and render all partitions inaccessable. "fixboot says it will rewrite a new boot sector. My question is should I continue with "fixmbr" and 'fixboot"? and will this reformat the HDD?
I'm trying despratly NOT to reformat and lose all my info on this HDD.

(long story as to how and why I'm at the point I am)

can anyone help???

A:Unable to start in safe mode

First, see Troubleshoot: Windows Won't Recognize Your USB Hard Drive

As to fixing your hard drive... when you say it won't boot into safe mode are you saying the computer fails to boot? or just where during the boot into safe mode process does it fail?

As fixmbr only makes sense if disk failing on bootup.

Fixmbr only rewrites the Master Boot Record. (Corrupt MBRs are often the reason a disk won't boot up). Rewriting the MBR doesn't overwrite your data. (but is still wise to back it all up first)
Relevancy 20.64%

I use win xp pro, and I just installed Windows Media Player, but why the player stop playing in full-screen mode? It's ok minutes ago. I know this question is kind of stupid, any one knows how to fix it.

A:Why does the Player stop playing in full-screen mode?

It is a feature of Windows Media Player, not a fault
It will automatically pause when manually selecting "Full Screen" (I suspect just to allow you to get ready)
You then need to press "Play" to play it again

Can I also suggest that you try another Media Player > Free VLC Media Player
It does an excellent job at playing most movies (anyway, much more than WMP) And is very easy to use, and I use it
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello there
basically my laptop freezes shortly after starting up (even before I can get to safe mode),in the shop they said it could be overheating, I changed hardrive and it didnt make any difference (that was before I was told it could be overheating), After couple of days I managed to started up to the point where it displayed line that operating system not found (new hardrive installed), I was pressing F2 and DEL to get to Bios so I could begin install OS but then after few minutes there was a beeping sound coming out probably from fan? When I tried to reboot it again, it got frozen in the beginning again. its 2years old fujitsu siemens Amilo2515 laptop.It used to freeze in past but worked properly after i reinstall system until now.. Any idea whats wrong? thanks in advance

A:Laptop freezes before I can go to safe mode

You need to press F6 (when prompted) during the Windows install, and then install your hard drive controller drivers
Here they are:
Relevancy 21.07%

Guys, tonigh i turned on my PC and i got this message: "cannot display this video mode, change computer display to [email protected]". I understand that its telling me to change resolution to 1440x900, but how can i do that with display turned off. I had this problem before and only thing i know is to reinstall system, but im bored of that and i just tweaked my system to run faster. It took me a week to find all that tweaks. By the way my monitor is Philips 190VW 19", maybe there something wrong with my monitor.

A:Cannot Display This Video Mode Problem

I repluged the cables and now works. I've been doing some changes in bios, and now my monitor remains in sleep mode and i can't get it to work, or do anything. Me and my curiosity. What should i do? where si that cmos jumper?
Relevancy 21.07%

My laptop screen has broken and I was just going to hook it to a monitor and pretty much turn it into a desktop...but when I goto VGA mode the resolution is always 640x480 and if I try to increase it the laptop switches to the broke screen. Is there anyway to stop it from switching and just using the monitor its hooked to? I know the monitor can display higher then that as it can with my desktop, I tried a newer monitor as well and it does the same thing. I am entered VGA mode through the start up screen. If I completely remove the screen and unhook it, it still tries to switch to it and switches off the monitor, none of the function keys will let me go back either

A:Increase resolution in VGA mode?

Enable VGA Mode: This option starts Windows in 640 x 480 mode by using the current video driver (not Vga.sys). This mode is useful if the display is configured for a setting that the monitor cannot display.

Note Safe mode and Safe mode with Networking load the Vga.sys driver instead.Click to expand...

Why don't you just go to Normal Mode, is there an issue with updating your driver?
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. At the moment, I have no OS running, as I am trying to reformat my computer. In doing so, I received the BSOD message: partmgr.sys - Address F87C04AB base at F87BE000.

Do I need a new hard drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD message: partmgr.sys

What Windows CD version are you using to boot with and did you set the CD as the first boot device? I could be wrong but maybe you aren't booting correctly.
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey everyone I m back with another problem This time it s in my personal laptop So about weeks ago a friend of mine installed GB RAM into my nv4_disp Help BSOD infinite loop with laptop After a couple of days with the RAM I turned on my laptop and find my screen flashing red Parts of the screen were pixeled red After backing up my files through safe mode I brought the computer to the college tech support They figured Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD it s a driver problem so they updated my video driver Into what I cannot remember The problem randomly appeared and that forced me to format and start fresh So a new problem arose As the title suggested I randomly get the nv disp infinite loop BSOD Sometimes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD my screen would just freeze and not do anything Sometimes the screen flashes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD but I can still move my mouse pointer And it hasn t really been too friendly when I open the only two games I have in my computer in an attempt to see how bad the damage is I looked up some solutions online which included uninstalling and reinstalling drivers After a few attempts of that with the update the NVIDIA website provided I rolled back my driver into driver version So here are some things about my computer Model Dell Latitude D System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Computer Intel R Core TM Duo CPU t GHz GHz with GB of RAM Driver Details Currently NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Driver Version Personally I wouldn t mind this problem But I have a final project for a class where I need a video presentation and I am using Pinnacle Studio I m not sure if it s just me being retarded and missing a driver to install but I m pretty sure I reinstalled everything after formatting my computer Any help is greatly appreciated If any more information is needed please tell me so I can attempt to provide you with correct information not completely tech savvy for a computer engineering major ironically nbsp

A:Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

First of all you have to make sure that the 667 memory and the nvidia driver is compatible with your Dell laptops model, and you should use the Nvidia video and chipset driver from Dell and not from the nvidia site. You can up the shared video memory to 256MB maximum
Relevancy 30.96%

My Dell Inspiron won t restore after hibernation After a recent Inspiron blank 1526 Dell after hibernation screen Vista update the laptop was placed in hibernation mode before the normal restart to complete update process After a minute or so i press a button expecting to see a logon screen instead the monitor was off blank screen with no power I presss every button but nothing happened After a restart the monitor remains off but i can still hear checking the cd drive I restarted several times trying the Fn F option with an external monitor and pressing the up button while holding Fn but still the same appear to be in a wierd state because i placed XP boot cd and restart then hit Enter several times If the monitor was the only problem then would boot from the cd as normal though i wont be able to see It doesn t it simply power up checks the cd drive then does nothing The Dell Inspiron 1526 blank screen after hibernation multimedia buttons lights up when i press them and the fan is on I don t have the warranty paperworks How can i fix it nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1526 blank screen after hibernation

if you remove the PSU lead and the battery and then replace them and boot and you get nothing come on the monitor then i would suggest the video card has failed or the screen has gone bad, if there is a socket for a vga monitor then plug one in and see if anything comes on the screen.
Relevancy 24.51%

Alright since my PC had crashed due to stupid thing someone we know repaired it He also replaced the hard drive and it seems he also took out a Hercules card that I had in my pc I don t know if this could have anything to do with this So lately well actually since I got the computer back when I play some games not all after a while my monitor goes to sleep I had this problem once with my Asus card but the answer was obvious there it was overheating because the fan on the card itself had gone up Monitor Nvidia to 8800GT sleep, in smoke So I thought that it could be that my card was overheating so when my monitor went to sleep I put my hand close to my card and even touched it but it was totally not hot and the fan was running I have a NVIDIA GT MB and Monitor to sleep, Nvidia 8800GT I just updated it to the latest graphic driver It used to play well before and some games still run normally without monitor going to sleep Specs MS- MB RAM NVIDIA GT MB Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Antec Earthwatts EA- D W duhrr nbsp

A:Monitor to sleep, Nvidia 8800GT

Can you take it back to the person that repaired it, to fix this problem?
Relevancy 20.64%

I have had issues with my pc since I had it built in January but I ve just dealt with them and went on I should have never went to the local place that I did but you learn from your mistakes Anyway the main issue I ve had with the computer is that every once in a while it would freeze random times - never doing a specific thing and the screen would blink on and off I would have to force it to shut down and restart It sucked but it still worked very well Wedday night it got worse - the computer is frooze as soon as windows came up My backgroud appeared the icons appeared then shortly after it would freeze There was a couple of the times that I restarted that it would boot up completely then as soon as I would click on any program it would freeze I checked the fans they were working fine I blew out the - in Computer only Mode boot Will Safe Trouble dust and I checked the temp which was fine So last night I started in Safe Mode and ran Error Checking took about hours or so This morning - same thing - it froze as soon as windows came up I haven t installed any new programs in quite a while I haven t changed any drivers that I can recall recently I am just kind ve at a loss and don t know where to look next Sometimes my bios beeps but it s never consistant patterns I checked for an update and was told by e-support several weeks ago that my bios was current I have XP Nvidia GForce series and a Pentium Prcoessor Any suggestions what I might could do next Thanks Caren nbsp

A:Computer Trouble - Will only boot in Safe Mode

boot into safe mode then take off all drivers then see if it still freezes?
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with Windows XP. I changed the msconfig settings to safe mode to try to remove a virus. When I try to turn it on i get a blue screen informing me that there is a reason that will not let windows start and to restart my computer, when i restart again, I get the same blue screen. No matter what option I choose; safe mode, safe mode with networking, start windows regularly, or last known good configuration, I get that same blue screen, and I was wondering if there is a way I can change the msconfig back to regular boot even though i can not get passed the blue error screen.

A:Msconfig set to safe mode

Bobbye said:

You are looking for Errors that correspond to the time of the BSOD. Try to find Error from the last normal Mode.

You will see Errors that are specific to Safe Mode and don't give us the information we need- such as "DCOM didn't start. DCOM won't start in Safe Mode." You are the second person in two days who enabled Safe Mode using msconfig instead of booting into safe Mode using the F8 key. It most like will be an Error in the System Log.

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
[1]. Click to open the log>
[2]. Look for the Error>
[3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
[4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
[5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. Check the computer clock on freeze.

IF you continue on this old thread, only those who have subscribed to it or who open it will see your post.Click to expand...
Relevancy 20.64%

I have an older HP desktop that continually please continually mode, won't safe use reboots, allow to me help! Computer reboots when I try to turn it on I get a black screen and it gives me options of starting windows normally safe mode safe Computer continually reboots, won't allow me to use safe mode, please help! mode with networking last known configuration For every option I pick nothing works It just continunally reboots over and over again It s my kids computer but it does have some pics and stuff that I would like to get off of it If I do a system restore or configuration is that going to wipe out all the data I have saved It Computer continually reboots, won't allow me to use safe mode, please help! s an HP ghz MB GB Windows XP not vista It s a pretty basic computer about years old I would just chuck it but I want to be sure I get the data off it I have not added any hardware and wouldn t have a clue on how to do it I am not computer savvy at all other than the basics but any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Computer continually reboots, won't allow me to use safe mode, please help!

Remove the old hard drive and put it aside... Get a new drive and install it. Install Windows and go to HP's support site and download and install the chipset, video, audio and network drivers for your HP model. After the computer is up and running, install the old drive as a "slave" and recover any data you need from the slave drive
Relevancy 21.07%

Last week My laptop crashed dont know why it just wouldnt log in amp only allows me to get in w safe mode Safe w networking is NOT available I cant run safe & know do Don't function to what can in only mode anything on it or Don't know what to do & can only function in safe mode any programs I dont know what to do I did check the Event viewer and it had a bunch of errors but i dont know how to address them Can anyone help point me in the right direction to at least start correcting them or fixing the issues while i m in safe mode Thanks Ghengisk PS- here is the list from the event viewer for System amp Application event viewer is after Type Date Time Source Category Event User Computer Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None Administrator O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None SYSTEM O-VAIO Error PM Service Control Manager None N A O-VAIO Error PM Service Control Manager None N A O-VAIO Error PM Service Control Manager None N A O-VAIO Error PM Service Control Manager None N A O-VAIO Error PM Service Control Manager None N A O-VAIO Error PM Service Control Manager None N A O-VAIO Information PM eventlog None N A O-VAIO Information PM eventlog None N A O-VAIO Information PM Browser None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None SYSTEM O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None SYSTEM O-VAIO Error PM DCOM None SYSTEM O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Browser None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Tcpip None N A O-VAIO Information PM Service Control Manager None N A O-VAIO Information PM Service Contro... Read more

A:Don't know what to do & can only function in safe mode

You are probably going to have to take this in for service. You have a missing/corrupt driver, hard drive, or memory failure
Relevancy 24.94%

I was cleaning my keyboard one night it got sticky due to kids I have done it before with the computer on i have had monitor go to sleep before I just clicked on the moon shapped button and it came did going - far Monitor to so sleep everything back Well this Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far time it wouldn t It would come back for a bit when i unplugged monitor cord but it would go back to sleep within to seconds So i unplugged it for over a minute and got a few minutes to work on it I already had the settings so that the monitor never went to sleep I tried doing a computer reset to a few days back that did not help it either I thought maybe it was my PC so Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far i switched computers It is still doing it on the other computer Monitor is an Omnitech I would appreciate any advice thank you The light does not always turn orange and sometimes it says no signal imput even though its plugged in Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far Monitor is not even a year old it was bought last january nbsp

A:Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far

Check power saving options in Display Properties in Control Panel. Make sure Windows isn't turning off the monitor prematurely.

-- Andy