Windows Support Forum

Installed windows updates - won't boot now

Q: Installed windows updates - won't boot now

I Installed some optional windows updates one of which was Logitech and after the updates were installed and it automatically restarted I got a DISK BOOT FAILURE windows updates now Installed boot - won't INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER Installed windows updates - won't boot now so I put the windows CD in and then as it was loading windows files it Errored out with Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer Status xc e This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing Now I have tried unplugging everything USB and even only had DVD drive and SSD plugged in and I still get the error However Bios sees both of my DVD drives my TB and my gb SSD just fine and I get into them and see Installed windows updates - won't boot now partitions with gparted and everything so I really doubt there is anything wrong with my drives especially since this happened IMMEDIATELY after restarting after windows updates what do I do from here

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Installed windows updates - won't boot now

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Installed windows updates - won't boot now

Hello, welcome to SF!

Try a system restore: System Restore

See if that solves the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/150186-installed-windows-updates-wont-boot-now.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Yesterday I installed critical needed Windows XP updates that had been waiting on me for a few weeks behind the yellow update shield in the lower right corner of my screen I was having problems connecting my son s new Christmas present Xbox Live to the internet so I was about to restart the computer to see if maybe the router needed me to do a clean reboot after entering the Xbox s MAC address into my allowed devices list I stupidly thought I d be thorough by installing those waiting updates first boot updates! past after Screen needed installed Logo Can't Dell Windows and then restart All went well and when it finished and asked if I wanted Can't boot past Dell Logo Screen after Windows installed needed updates! to restart now I selected yes Nothing happened I kept trying still no restart Then I went to Start gt Turn Off gt Restart several times and each time I returned to my desktop with nothing happening Finally I Can't boot past Dell Logo Screen after Windows installed needed updates! just did a cold shutdown with the power button My son is understandably so upset that he can t use his present to connect with his friends live Now my computer won t boot up at all past the Dell splash screen The typical churning lights and sounds all begin and then when the Dell logo screen appears everything goes quiet It took me several times before I could get into my BIOS select boot order to start with my CD place my XP install disc into my drive and restart Still I can t get past that screen and it never boots from the CD the CD light does go steady at power on like it always does but then goes off at that splash screen along with everything else I tried to restart and immediately beginning pressing F to force it to boot from the CD but get the same results This happened a couple of months ago exactly the same way and I am remembering that it took days to get the computer running again only I can t remember how I did it That time and this time I had a perfectly running computer until Windows installed these quot needed quot updates I m certain this has something to do with Microsoft s updates but I don t have days this time I need immediate help I am currently using my daughter s laptop to communicate online and to search for how to get it to boot so I can rollback those damn updates Please help Dell Dimension GHz CPU with GB RAM Hard Drive GB Windows XP Professional running with SP since they released it NVIDIA GeForce MX Graphics Farallon USB to Ethernet for Comcast cable modem and NetGear router very clean system with all files stored on a portable GB hard drive with pretty much only the operating system and installed applications on the GB hard drive GB of available hard drive space and I recently about days ago used Piriform s defraggler as well as CCleaner to tidy up my system All junk files had been removed and all temp folders had been emptied I always run Malaware Bytes SUPERAntiSpyware and I use Avast Anti-virus My system is very clean Thanks nbsp

A:Can't boot past Dell Logo Screen after Windows installed needed updates!

pop disc in to do a repair installation, some dells have this as an option inbuilt

try hitting f8 on start up to access safe mode if you get in the type msconfig in the run box go to start up remove everything for now
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-past-dell-logo-screen-after-windows-installed-needed-updates.970789/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, I would be grateful if anyone can help with this query.

On 1 June 2013 I took my pc back to Factory Settings and did a clean install of Windows installing all the relevant important updates for Vista. My pc is now up-to-date but one thing puzzles me. My list of installed updates lists a significant number of updates installed in 2008. (Two installed on 21/01/2008 and 39 from 21/10/2008). I would have expected that all updates listed would have an installation date on or after 1 June 2013.

I would be grateful if someone could explain this for me.

A:Why do my installed updates list updates installed prior to date of clean install

Welcome
One important question, when did you buy the computer?
Was it after the installation date that shows, now?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/300809-why-do-my-installed-updates-list-updates-installed-prior-date-clean-install.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Until the October 2014 updates I would always receive a sytray notice of which updates had been installed. To clarify, after new Windows Updates were installed and with or without a reboot of the system, I would receive a systray notification that new updates had been installed and upon clicking that notification a window would open and show the updates that had been installed and success or failure status.

I no longer receive that notification. This was true for the October and November patch Tuesday updates. I can open Windows Update and select View Update History and see that the updates were installed but the systray notification only showed the latest installation history and was more convenient that having to open Windows Update to view the update history.

Anyone have any idea as to what caused the systray notification to stop working after updates were installed? OS is Win 7 Home Premium SP 1.

TIA for any replies.

A:No systray notice of installed updates after Windows Updates

Should I post this in the Windows 7 General Discussion forum? Doesn't seem to be much response here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352350-no-systray-notice-installed-updates-after-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello All,

I was referred here by NeonFx from the TechGuy Security forum. He had me run a slew of anti-virus/anti-spyware diagnostics. According to NeonFx my system is currently infection free and he states the problem lies elsewhere.

He also had me run the Windows Update FixIt tool in both Default and Aggressive mode - both of which did not fix the problem. So what is the problem??

PROBLEM:

When I run the install Windows updates, the updates do not install, and I receive the following message (not verbatim, but close):

"Some updates were unable to be installed..."

This problem "came out of no where" and there has been no suspicious activity prior to it starting other than an IE7 redirect rootkit that NeonFx helped me remove (if I recall correctly an infection of agp440)...

Stumped, stumped and stumped...

A:Problem Installing Windows Updates: "Some Updates Were Unable to be Installed"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-windows-updates-some-updates-were-unable-to-be-installed.924046/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ive just formatted my hd and reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 32bit onto it. This went on fine with no problems. however, when i went on the net i initially found that i couldnt download the adobe flash player as it comes up with "actionlist not found". Also when viewing websites it keeps saying "certificate error" meaning im having to click "show blocked content" on every site i visit! The smart screen filter says its temporarily unavailiable but has been for several days now and not chamnged. And finally, i went into the updates section, tried to search for new updates as i thought this may be the problem, and it come up with "Errors found Code 80072F8F"

Is there something within the install i have missed? or done wrong? Hoping someone can help! Jstguk

A:Installed windows 7 and cant get updates??

Make sure you have installed all the SYSTEM drivers, Video, Sound, Chipset and the like, then do Windows Update as sometime you need them for IE to work correctly. Or try a different web broswer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/253165-installed-windows-7-cant-get-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Then why does Windows Update keep failing? Automatic updates have failed for at least a week now (no I did not install software so don't ask). When I try to manually install updates, this is the message I get:

"Update for Windows (KB977074) is already installed on this computer"

The following updates are listed in Windows Update as "failed" and/or "pending"
978332/978331 (I assume I only need 332)

All of these updates show the same behavior when I try to install them, and Windows Automatic Updates has had no success in installing them either.

A:Windows Updates already installed?

Click on "Fix it" How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62312-windows-updates-already-installed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows Update recorded 25 updates today. I selected Install but got the message above. They have not been installed (not needed) but remain as scheduled updates in Windows Update. Is this normal operation or is there a problem I need to sort out?

A:Windows Updates Installed or Not?

Haven't seen that before. Did you reboot the computer and look in View Update History if any of those were definitely installed.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56990-windows-updates-installed-not.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3758 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 1751 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 294742 MB, Free - 133700 MB;
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO, N/A, C6052Q8U
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2011, Updated and Enabled

A:windows 7 updates were not installed

The error code #'s were8007045D

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-updates-were-not-installed.1008299/
Relevancy 55.04%

Dell Latitude 2120. Windows 7 trying to restore at boot up, loads 18000+ updates then restores again in loop. Safe mode attemp restore lists OS C: as only selectable drive, operating drive is D:
<DIR> lookup shows an apple update and delete april of 2013 appears to be when problem started.

A:Windows 7 restore to updates, no boot, loop back to updates

Quote: Originally Posted by whitefoote

Dell Latitude 2120. Windows 7 trying to restore at boot up, loads 18000+ updates then restores again in loop. Safe mode attemp restore lists OS C: as only selectable drive, operating drive is D:
<DIR> lookup shows an apple update and delete april of 2013 appears to be when problem started.

Hi whitefoote,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Kindly check this link which should be helpful in resolving this issue:

Failure to Boot

Also, you can perform a factory install if you have taken a backup using dell software:

http://dell.to/19boJUM

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/314767-windows-7-restore-updates-no-boot-loop-back-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have installed Windows 8 Pro (purchased last year- legal) on my laptop/notebook and tried to update. There were 145 updates, it took me hours yesterday to update. My laptop was running W7 Home Edition before. Everything seemed to go well with the actual W8 but to update to W8.1 I have to install the 145 updates first, but get a message stating 'Failure configuring updates. Reverting changes'. I have tried again today but the same thing happens.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC 64bit
4g Hard Drive.

I have read a post regarding the Windows update Troubleshooting. As soon as my computer finishes reversing the updates I will try it out.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

A:Installed Windows 8 Pro and updates failing

Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help

you can download and install windows 8.1 pro software and still use your windows 8 pro product key

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64533-installed-windows-8-pro-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 54.61%

First off I want to say that this is a very nice forum. I have been reading through various posts for about for about a month now. I decided to register when my dad called me the other day about his computer updating. What happened was after doing an upgrade from Vista to 7 Ultimate at the very end of the upgrade where Windows does all necessary updates, it said that it was installing over 6000 updates. I thought it was kind of strange at this point but did not think much more once it completed. It only took it about 10 minutes. Well yesterday it said it was installing 6000 more updates. Everything works perfect but there is no way that his computer needed over 12000 updates in one month. Have any of you ever seen this. I searched the forum and multiple other places and came back with nothing. Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Windows 7 installed 6000 updates??

Welcome jdlord,
I don't have any answer for you but I have Never heard of that many updates on one computer.
I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone else has though.
I don't see how that could even be necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58573-windows-7-installed-6000-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a problem with a video driver that wants to be installed, but when it's installed the system becomes unstable (it can hang or automatically restart). This is a long standing problem on certain ASUS notebooks with certain NVIDIA display adapters. The driver is for the NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT display adapter on an ASUS M70Vn with a 64-bit architecture. I am currently using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, which provides a stable environment and works good enough for my purposes. How can I prevent the NVIDIA driver from being installed with the Windows updates? In earlier versions of Windows (for example, Windows 7), you could select which updates to install by putting a checkmark in front of the updates you wanted installed. Not so with Windows 10. All you get is a list of updates that are available and a click-box that says "Install now". I'm running Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586.0).

A:How do you select which Windows 10 updates to be installed?

Hello mvaugeri, and welcome to Ten Forums.

I'm afraid that there's not an option to select which updates to install by default in Windows 10.

If you like, you should be able to uninstall and hide the update though.

Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39633-how-do-you-select-windows-10-updates-installed.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My friends and I have the same problem...I have Win 7 for about a year, and never had any problems with updates, until now..after all updates installed, the cpu will get really hot, cooler will work non stop, even if I'm doing nothing in windows, and computer will get really slow..sometimes even when I click on start, it will be very slowly displayed. My friends have a single core, and same problem...everything is fine until they install updates...then computer start to hang, and is really slow. Now I'm using Win 7 without any new installed updates, and everything is fine...what update is causing the problem ? Does anybody have similar experience ? I never had similar problems earlier, nor with Win 7, nor with Vista and so on...

A:Windows 7 slowdown after new updates installed

Install the updates one at at time to determine the culprit. If the problem one is not important, just, uninstall and then hide it, do not install again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/92843-windows-7-slowdown-after-new-updates-installed.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just powered-on my machine on March 21, 2015.
Windows 8.1 took much longer to get me to a log on screen
because it was installing updates.

I logged on as admin and went to update history to see what
windows installed -- and the last update listed in update history
occurred on March 13, 2015.

What did windows install when I turned on my machine?

Strange?

A:Windows 8.1 just installed updates that are not listed

Which tab did you look under: View Update History or Installed Updates?

In my case, the former had an extra entry hardware related.

Also, unmentioned was how long the machine was turned off before today. It is probably irrelevant. Still ...

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63388-windows-8-1-just-installed-updates-not-listed.html
Relevancy 54.61%

The title says it all. Using HP pavilion dm4. I searched online for about 2 hours and tried a few solutions, including system restores, disabling and enabling the intel r display audio and idt high def codec, uninstalling and reinstalling both of those drivers, uninstalling windows updates, and probably some other stuff.

If you need any info to help me, just tell me how to get to it, I'm not too computer savvy.
Please. Help. I need music.
Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-windows-updates-no-more-sound.1014090/
Relevancy 54.61%

My web cam on Dell XPS L501X stopped working after installing windows 10 updates.Tried all the steps can any one help with this one please.
When tried to access web cam via Skype it says "can't start video try closing programs that might be using your [email protected]

A:Web Cam not working after windows 10 updates were installed

sheshank45,
Did you recently install/reinstall/upgrade the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software (if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order
Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers and Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.
(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this YouTube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.
Try reading...
Using and Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central Version 1.40.05 .

Make a system restore point.
Start, control panel, device manager, Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign. Go to each USB Root Hub. Right click on it, left click uninstall.
Restart your computer. When you login, the new hardware wizard will reinstall everything. Please be patient, it could take up to 2 minutes.
Try the webcam and see if it works.

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19666684
Relevancy 54.61%

My Windows Update keeps referring me to an 'Important' update that needs to be installed, but every time I try to install it it fails with the failure code 733F.
The actual file is Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)

Has anyone had this problem and please tell me how to repair it so I can download thi update.

Regards,

Swanee

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-some-updates-were-not-installed.749850/
Relevancy 54.61%

Guest OS ....... Win 8 RP
Host OS ......... Win 7

Since I don't use Win 8 RP regularly, I set the Windows Update to Auto.
Today I went and took a look at the Update History and found out there are 2 Windows Defender updates each installed twice.
Wonder if it is a bug or something else.

see screenshot :

t-4-2

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/7794-same-windows-defender-updates-installed-twice.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I have a potential question - yesterday night my Win x Home Premium installed new updates they were installed after shut down one after another after going to system shut down After that today morning I went to BIOS after turning on because I wanted to confirm my settings are default there besides RAM set to mhz and after looking there i exited BIOS to Going Windows updates? after installed via quot discard changes and exit quot did not change anything at all just want to see what are things set to be sure Next on the screen WINDOWS STARTING i had some path like Registry machine etc something like that then system rebooted and ended installing updates as usual saw this before after updates were installed Now onto my question - could potentially something might go wrong because of me going to BIOS on the next PC launch I know that BIOS is not related to system and general HDD content but this was first time I had situation like this so can you confirm - is going to BIOS like this after Win had installed updates with shutting Going to BIOS after Windows installed updates? down and after next boot go first to BIOS UEFI actually and then booting system and finishing update procedure is safe

A:Going to BIOS after Windows installed updates?

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
First of all windows does not shut down to install updates it restarts or boots,
Interrupting that process is not a good idea,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358491-going-bios-after-windows-installed-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Have just reset my Windows 10 pc. I expected that the updates I had installed would be missing but I know find that items that were originally installed with the pc eg nvidia graphics driver /etc have all gone. Does this mean I have to install all the previous items that came with the pc or are they hidden somewhere else?

A:Installed updates have gone after reset Windows 10

You might have Windows old on your computer now you might be able to salvage some stuff from there.
Usually get it on file explorer. Open up boot C on the left hand side and windows old should be at the bottom of it.
Saying that I just got rid of W10 anniversary update and restored to a time before downloading it and there is no Windows old on my c drive. But worth a look.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/installed-updates-have-gone-after-reset-windows-10-4607409/
Relevancy 54.61%

i have 14 updates that have downloaded but did not install. i have tried looking for a way to manually download them but i am having no luck. what do i do?
these are the updates:
kb2722913 error code 80200011
kb2705219
kb2712808
kb2731847
kb2729094
kb2732487
kb2732500
kb8090830

kb2636927 error code 652

kb954430 error code 80090017
kb2641653
kb2665364
kb2667402
kb2639308

i am NOT tech savy... cant even figure out what the error codes mean...

A:windows 7 updates downloaded but not installed... how do i fix?

I haven't looked at the error code but you should be able to download all those patches from the Microsoft Download center. then you can apply them manually.

Microsoft Download Center

Enter the kb number in the search bar top left.

Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/252215-windows-7-updates-downloaded-but-not-installed-how-do-i-fix.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been having some strange issues related to the big update that are installed available updates shows Windows was released yesterday specifically the one labeled as KB Windows shows installed updates are available in Windows Update When I went to download the update the progress indicator froze at quot Complete quot When I went to shut down last night it actually installed that update apparently it did download even though Windows Update thinks it didn't When I booted back up this morning Windows Update was Windows shows installed updates are available showing that same update as being available even though it's already listed in the Installed Updates section After trying various methods to get it to work properly renaming the SoftwareDistribution directory via admin-level Command Prompt uninstalling and attempting to reinstall the update both via Windows Update and the manual packages I'm now at the point where I was before except that Windows is now showing a second already-installed update as being available as well KB How do I resolve this issue I don't want to hide the updates as I'm afraid that might affect future updates since most updates released after a Service Pack are typically dependent on having it installed to begin with

A:Windows shows installed updates are available

I've avoided installing this update. I'm afraid it will mess up my computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44159-windows-shows-installed-updates-available.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When I restart my computer I get the notification that "Windows Has Installed New Updates. Your Computer was Restarted to Finish Installing Updates".

AFAICT the only updates installed in the last two plus weeks have been MSE definition updates. The last real updates were installed on 11 April. Even though I do not restart my computer often I am sure this only started recently. It has done it for four restarts in the last 24 hours.

Any thoughts? Does this indicate a problem with WU or any previoulsy installed updates which all seem to be reported as succesful?

A:Windows Installed New Updates...but it didn't

Apart from a few updates at the usual time, there has also been a windows live update and an MSE version 5, which would be downloaded as an update.
Just as a check, change the way updates are handled by setting to just notify you but not download or install. At least then we know it's nothing just arrived.
If it continues we'll have to look further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/227295-windows-installed-new-updates-but-didnt.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Help! Tried to do a search regarding this, but my older Mac is having problems with this Web site.

I have an old Dell Dimension 4400 using the Home version of XP. I believe I have the latest service pack for Windows. Was asked if I wanted to install Windows updates. I agreed to this. Windows tried to reboot, but only came up with the black screen, saying that it was unable to reboot. I have tried using "Last Known Configuration That Works," which didn't work. I can hear the drive repetitively whirring as if it's trying to do something. Thanks for any suggestions.
--Normandy

P.S. I did within the last couple of days install two free software programs. One is commonly used to read unreadable files (begins with "infr"). The other converts tif files to pdf.

A:Windows installed updates, now won't reboot

Well, problem solved and so far, so good. I used the Dell Installation CD. I put in the CD then, when I got the message "press any key to boot from CD," I did so. I did find that pressing "R" to repair XP's installation did not do anything other than call up a prompt. On the Dell Web site, I found a post that said to enter "CHKDSK /r." It took about 45 minutes, then I was able to boot normally, thank goodness

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installed-updates-now-wont-reboot-202489.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Have just reset my Windows 10 pc. I expected that the updates I had installed would be missing but I know find that items that were originally installed with the pc eg nvidia graphics driver /etc have all gone. Does this mean I have to install all the previous items that came with the pc or are they hidden somewhere else?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/installed-updates-have-gone-after-reset-windows-10-4607409/
Relevancy 54.18%

HELP! I've done so many system restores that I could do it in my sleep!! My computer automatically installs the Windows updates and each time it does, I have to do a restore to remove them because IE says "cannot display the webpage please check your internet connection". What is going on?? I hope something simple. Thanks!

A:Explorer won't work after Windows updates are installed

By any chance, do you have an Internet Security package installed... NIS, N360, KIS, MIS, etc.......??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-wont-work-after-windows-updates-are-installed-429302.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Saturday Dec I installed some automatic updates and now I am having problems I have Windows XP and OE Now if I click on a link in an email for example a new window does NOT open up taking me to the site whereas before the updates when Get No Automatic Now Installed 'windows'/screens Updates; New I clicked on a link it did take me to the site Second example when Ebay send me an email with things on my watch list before I would click on the item and a window would open up to the items page This does not happen anymore I can t even print cuz it requires another screen window to pop-up Its like I ve Installed Automatic Updates; Now Get No New 'windows'/screens got the BEST pop-up blocker in the world Every time I click on something that should open up to a site I get an error message and IE closes down asking me if I want to send the error message to Microsoft I have tried to System Restore to different dates amp times at least dozen times and it won t work Do I need to uninstall the last updates and if so how do I do that I ve been to the Microsoft website but again when I click on something that sounds right to help me I get an error message cuz it requires a new window to open A friend of my daugthter s told me to install Mozilla so at least now I can be on the internet I can t do that anymore from IE it won t open Can someone help me Give me some suggestions ideas etc Thanks

A:Installed Automatic Updates; Now Get No New 'windows'/screens

Do you have an antivirus/antispyware program on your PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76693/installed-automatic-updates;-now-get-no-new-windowsscreens/
Relevancy 54.18%

I ve had consistent problems installing KB I got no error messages doing the update Windows and KB2656351 installed? Belarcz: Is Updates but it kept reappearing in my list of WU Finally Windows Updates and Belarcz: Is KB2656351 installed? after running repair Fixit etc Windows showed the KB update to both the NET framework Client Profile and NET framework Extended successfully installed on March and both appear in the Windows Update list Update History and also in the list of Installed Updates as well as in Control Panel The update continued to appear for download installation however and I finally hid it Belarc indicates the KB has not been installed and lists the update as Critical rather than Important as WU does Is this update actually installed or do I need to take further action Thank you for any help with this conflicting information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc C KJT Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Windows Updates and Belarcz: Is KB2656351 installed?

Hi.uninstall any .net 4 components,then read this guide to reistall.http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-updates-and-belarcz-is-kb2656351-installed.1093115/
Relevancy 54.18%

I cleaned installed Win10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool and how come I only got 3 updates???? This is very strange.
I am assuming I would get more updates than these.
Running version 1511 build 10586

Is it because Win10 is too new ???

And I kept pressing the Check for Updates button and it said no more new updates.

A:Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install

Run winver. If build is 10586.36 it is up to date.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36371-only-3-windows-updates-installed-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Installed a new hard drive and did a clean install of windows 7 on it. Installed the the drivers from the recovery cd and I get the message " windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running". Any ideas on what I might be able to do?

A:Windows updates not working after drivers installed

Hello Jayc4489 and welcome to the forums

Try this:

Command Prompt

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

net stop wuauserv

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll

net start wuauserv
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/268466-windows-updates-not-working-after-drivers-installed.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I installed a new windows 7 64-bit Ultimate and made updates but it installed 32-bit updates. This never happen to me before.

Here's my computer specs:

A:Windows Update installed 32-bit updates in a 64-bit system!

Hello Aleya, and welcome to Seven Forums.

That's normal since you have installed the 32-bit (x86) edition of Office instead of the 64-bit edition.

Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348300-windows-update-installed-32-bit-updates-64-bit-system.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been using Kerio firewall for a while now (on Windows XP), and with no problems. However, I've been noticing that every time I boot my computer, after five minutes or so the automatic updates icon appears in my system tray. Thought it was odd that this was happening every time and tried updating manually, but while my computer downloaded the updates okay, it couldn't seem to install them. It seems that for the last month I haven't downloaded any updates at all without realising, and I think Kerio might be blocking the updates. Any ideas how I can stop it, short of turning off the firewall?

Thanks.

A:Kerio blocking Windows updates from being installed?

Hi emmaW
When you install That kind of program it will read your pc and allow it to operate as you have it set or will give you the chance to set it If you remove your firewall with add & remove and reinstall it I would think that would cure it.
Goodluck
Rex.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kerio-blocking-windows-updates-from-being-installed.458957/
Relevancy 54.18%

I installed all the updates last tuesday and two of them (while installed successfully ) keep popping up as needing to be installed.   This is happening when i run Secunia PSI as well .

The two are  Internet Explorer 11  updates 

KB3021952 and KB3032359 

Any ideas as to why ?

Thank you

A:Windows update shows two updates need to be installed but already are

Windows downloaded updates could be corrupted you can delete "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution" directory which holds Windows updates cache. 
Close all running programs and save open files then open Command Prompt as a administrator type sc stop wuauserv  press Enter key. Type rd /s /q  C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution press Enter key. Type Shutdown /r /t 2 press Enter key to restart your computer and after login to Windows check and install updates if needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569752/windows-update-shows-two-updates-need-to-be-installed-but-already-are/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having trouble with Windows Updates installing successfully; been having this problem for weeks now and have tried several things to fix the problem but no luck what so ever. Everyday my computer says I have 7 new important updates to update. I have installed them all at once, individually, and individually from the direct website but they still keep popping up everyday. When I install them, the installation says it was successful with no error codes but evidently it's not successful if it comes up everyday. Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks.

A:The same Windows Updates keep popping up everyday even after I've installed them.

Welcome
This fortunately is very easy to solve. When you get the updates, right click on each and then click on hide. You will not see them, again.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/299377-same-windows-updates-keep-popping-up-everyday-even-after-ive-installed-them.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been running Delorme Topo 5.0 under Windows Vista 32-bit without any problems. Topo 5.0 some time ago was also running under Windows Vista x64. After a re-installation of Windows Vista x64 I put off installing Topo 5.0. Recently after a successful installation of Delorme Topo 5.0, when Topo 5.0 is exectured there is a Topo 5.0 window without any menus and maps.

Windows Vista x64 is updated with all the latest Microsoft updates.

I haven't been able to find any help on this problem from the Delorme Community.

It appears there's some sort of incompatibility with one or more of the more recent Windows Updates, but can't off-hand think of which one(s) would effect Topo 5.0 menuing. I believe the problem may also exist with later versions of Delorme Topo as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/304761-windows-x64-latest-windows-updates-installed-delorme-topo-menus.html
Relevancy 53.75%

XPS13 with Windows 10.  See screen shot below.  Dell Support Assist program says the two driver updates are recommended.  clicking "install" it shows progress to install, then says installed, but on refresh or re-entry to the program it still shows them as needing to be installed.  No errors generated.  Other driver updates done the same way without issue.  Suggestions?

A:Dell SupportAssist - says driver updates are installed but still showing need to be installed after refresh?

Don't use Dell Support assist with windows 10. Windows 10 will install generic drivers if Dell doesn't have win 10 drivers. You should mention the full model name of the computer. Does Dell support your model for upgrading to win 10? If so, get the win 10 drivers from Dell Drivers and Downloads.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19984727
Relevancy 53.32%

I am having a problem uninstalling some updates that were automatically installed by windows because the section that contains those updates in quot Installed Updates quot is just missing Normally you would go to Control Panel gt Uninstall a Program gt View Installed Updates section Windows Updates under missing Installed Microsoft then you would see a list trees with Microsoft Windows section missing under Installed Updates updates in each section The section for Microsoft Windows isn't there I'm not skipping over it it's just not there Example of not showing the section for Microsoft Windows Example of showing the section for Microsoft Windows I am running windows on a domain environment I am trying to uninstall IE update to revert back to IE this was previously installed Microsoft Windows section missing under Installed Updates My hunch is that this is a group policy setting somewhere but haven't found anything pertaining to this yet nbsp I am one of two admins for the company This is actually happening to all the computers that I've checked so I assume it's a systemic problem I have been working on a new pc today that I needed to create an image for and noticed it isn't having the issue yet However a computer I recently imaged Tuesday is already having the problem I did gpupdate force on the new pc without the issue and it still is working fine I'm starting to wonder if it may be a side effect of using sysprep on the machine before putting it into service Once I'm done with this new pc image I will sysprep it and watch for any changes Any help is appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7ff6dc67-b74a-4c6f-9d28-249f0acadf10/microsoft-windows-section-missing-under-installed-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.32%

I had to install a new hard drive on my 4 year old Gateway FX6831 desktop computer. I used the recovery disks that I created when I bought the computer to install Windows 7 to the new drive. Everything appeared to be working fine but when I tried to download a Verizon online and back-up sharing program, a message came up that I had to install net.framework. When I tried to do that, it failed which led me to look at the automatic update selection. I am not able to get any windows updates. It shows that my windows version is genuine and I have the product key from the side of my computer. Do I need to start over and use the recovery disks again to start fresh? I've spent two weeks trying to figure this out. Thanks for any advice!

A:New Hard Drive Installed, No Windows 7 Updates Working

Microsoft has a tool that can automatically troubleshoot windows update & fix any problems it finds. Here's a link to it. http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows-update-issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hard-drive-installed-no-windows-7-updates-working.1134265/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have just reloaded Windows 7 and set up WinMail, after Windows updated 100+ files WinMail now doesnot work, does anybody have any ideas

A:WinMail stopped working after windows installed updates

Hello Paul and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm guessing you're talking about Windows Live Mail. It's possible that when you installed WLM something corrupted the installation. It's also possible that one or more of the 100+ Windows Updates failed to install correctly and had an effect on WLM. If you had the updates install automatically it will be difficult if not impossible to figure out which one(s) might be the problem. You may not like the suggestion I'm about to offer.

First, you could uninstall Windows Live Mail, reboot, then try reinstalling to see if the problem is corrected.

How to remove and reinstall Windows Live Essentials

If that doesn't correct the problem I'd uninstall all of the Windows Updates.

Remove an update

Then I'd install maybe 10 at a time, keeping track of which 10 updates you're installing by making note of the KB number. Use the computer for a while to see if there are any problems. If all works as it should, install 10 more updates. If a problem occurs, you'll know exactly which 10 updates might be causing the issue. Uninstall those 10 updates and reinstall just one at a time. Run the computer for a while, if no problems, install next update. Either all 10 will install correctly or you'll find the problem update(s).

If still no joy you could try running the System Update Readiness Tool.

What is the System Update Readiness Tool?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/219787-winmail-stopped-working-after-windows-installed-updates.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This automatic update just happened and when I get back onto my computer most of the docs and others I had saved to my desktop are not there, and I can't seem to find them easily, any suggestions.

A:windows 8.1 updates installed most of desktop items missin

Did you notice any 'balloon' windows mention you are logged into a 'temporary' profile? If so, make sure your network cables/card is securely attached, restart, and try again. You might find your profile by typing this into your address bar in file explorer: C:\Users -and then looking through the correct user account for the desktop.
See picture for more detail:
Or you might be able to find what you're looking for by browsing in a folder called windows.old if you do in fact have it somewhere in your C: drive.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/60650-windows-8-1-updates-installed-most-desktop-items-missin.html
Relevancy 53.32%

The event viewer shows a number of updates downloaded and installed.  But when I try to see them I cannot find them either in Settings (updates -  Advanced - view installed updates).  I cannot see them in Control Panel under installed updates  Any helpl re this matter will be gratefully acknowledged.  Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/event-viewer-shows-windows-updates-installed-but-not-seen-in/td-p/5698401
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all,

I installed the Anniversary Windows 10 update from scratch on my Surface Book. After installing all the Surface Book drivers, I ran Windows Update and it downloaded and wanted to install more device drivers.

Most of those drivers failed to install and it won't let me re-install them.

Can anyone please tell me why this is happening?

Screenshot #1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q49jcczsvzwft3m/1.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot #2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/do66q10ghy8wih0/2.jpg?dl=0

setupapi.dev.log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zahs8a5767...i.dev.log?dl=0

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58638-installed-anniversary-update-sb-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

just put a brand new hard drive in the laptop, I have no recovery cd or usb
I used a copy of win 7 from digital river and used my code on the back of computer to activate windows no problems yet. Everything looked and felt fine,
I started doing updates for windows, a total of 170 required, downloaded them all.
downloaded the drivers I needed from sony website
half through the updates the screen went funny and never recovered .

attached is a screen shot of how my screen looks any help would be great

This will sound weird but the jpeg looks fine but that's not the way I see my screen, below my task bar is the top of the screen and I cant see anything on the right portion of the screen and my colours are out but on the screen shot they look fine

A:windows 7 reinstall problem with screen after updates installed

Have you rebooted in normal mode?
Which Windows 7 did you install?

We can't see what you see. We can only see what you post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/354054-windows-7-reinstall-problem-screen-after-updates-installed.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all I am hoping somebody can help me with this issue as I have never had problems with my Acer Aspire V - laptop before running Windows - it has always ran perfectly if login?! black screen Installed - now after Updates Windows a little noisy with the fan Anyway yesterday I saw I had a bunch of Windows Updates to install probably from Update Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?! Tuesday or whatever they call Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?! it Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?! They were some Windows security updates and the anti-spyware checker for October from what I recall I installed them and restarted my laptop when asked The reboot took longer than usual and was sat on the Windows loading screen for a long time Then the lock screen picture came up and I typed in my password as usual After thinking about it for a while Windows then decides to just show me a black screen - I can control-alt-del to Task Manager but couldn't see anything untoward happening in there - no excessive CPU usage and also ending Explorer exe and re-loading it did nothing to fix the issue I restarted thinking it was a one-off thing but it happened again - black screen after my password I was able to run Control Panel from Task Manager and uninstall the Windows Updates I had just installed but this did nothing and still I had the black screen It was then I noticed that if I leave it long enough Windows does sure enough get to the Desktop but this is far from ideal as it takes about minutes I Googled the issue as I have heard about a black screen after login problem before but there are so many differing answers it is hard to know where to start - I have tried SFC SCANNOW which did nothing I am now running a Windows Defender scan but it seems to be taking forever I also first thought quot System restore quot - as I was aware that Windows always creates restore points before installing Windows Updates But on checking in there for some reason my last restore point was months ago The laptop does seem to be acting up slightly once it has started and got to the desktop since this issue began - for instance right now my task bar is at the bottom of the screen but completely blank - nothing on it - no Start button no running apps and no system tray I can't say for definite that it was those Windows Updates that caused this issue but seems too much to be coincidence I really don't know where to begin I am at the end of my tether What could be causing this previously reliable laptop to start acting up like this Thanks for any replies

A:Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?!

same here with the Windows 10 update, same day. Next day, my laptop stalled on black screen instead of loading in a minute, like normal. I had to press power button down until shut down. Start up again, which went fine but slowly. Then Windows Modules Installer worked in background to finish install and I'm back to normal.

System Restore should make one if there has been none created in last 7 days. Be sure you have system restore turned on (see this tutorial - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8 ) or make one yourself every so often, quickly and easily, by using Brink's tutorial to add to context menu (Restore Point - Add "Create Restore Point" to Context Menu in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums ). I create my own every couple days or before any app install. Good Luck resolving.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71651-installed-windows-updates-now-black-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 53.32%

installed new hard drive in a Toshiba satellite S500-02J . Used recovery stick purchased from Toshiba. Windows installed and everything up and running, but when I go to do a windows update. I received this message: "Windows update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer."

Toshiba help line said it was a problem because new hard drive was not exactly the same as the old hard drive. It was a minor fix but wanted a $100 to perform the fix remotely.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

A:installed new hard drive in laptop and now can't do windows updates

Go to Dev Mgr> Services.

Scroll down to Windows Updates and make sure it is started.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349077-installed-new-hard-drive-laptop-now-cant-do-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 53.32%

IE 9 is already installed. But windows update says that an optional update is to install IE 9. When I try to apply the update, I get error code 9C48. Attached are the requested files to troubleshoot the problem.

I have tried everything I could find on the internet from changing permissions in the registry to manually deleting files in the command line.

The sfc /scannow returned with no exceptions found.

Please help, thanks in advance...

A:IE9 already installed but windows updates wants to install. Error 9C48

Hi, it has been 5 days since I posted here. Am I missing something? How long does it usually take to get a reply?

Thanks again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300437-ie9-already-installed-but-windows-updates-wants-install-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I am writing on behalf of my father who has run into an enormous amount installed. updates/service packs Windows Crashes after 7 of trouble upgrading my computer He has recently upgraded the motherboard and CPU of my computer to the specs provided in my profile and since doing so has been unable to install update windows The computer operated just fine until we replaced the old processor and mobo The initial new installation of the OS goes swimmingly but then as soon as the service packs begin downloading and configuring - the computer will do the standard repeated restarts Windows 7 Crashes after updates/service packs installed. and goes through the configuration procedure then will simply not boot at all after Windows Repair does nothing and the only option is to reinstall the OS from the BIOS to simply replicate the exact same issue He is at a total loss of what to do We have tried using different SATA cables installing to different hard drives we have done memtests to check the RAM clean installs He'll have tried a fair few things I have no idea about and Windows 7 Crashes after updates/service packs installed. cannot list here - he is fairly computer literate and has spent the entire weekend failing to fix this issue The computer operates normally with just service pack installed but then this issue arises with one of the subsequent updates to a fairly consistent fault every time What could the problem be What could fix it Thanks a lot for any help this is mind boggling stuff - i'd never believed replacing a bloody processor and mobo could result in such a seemingly incurable problem Windows 7 Crashes after updates/service packs installed. Ashley X

A:Windows 7 Crashes after updates/service packs installed.

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. (If an EFI BIOS you'll need to decide if you want UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS. If UEFI follow these special steps for Install, otherwise enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module to proceed with normal install.) Set DVD drive first to boot, HD second, set SATA controller to AHCI, Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into Windows 7 installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version with SP1 here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10, or enter System Recovery Options to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. You are creating the partition here for the purpose of wiping the HD and marking Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/293262-windows-7-crashes-after-updates-service-packs-installed.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this problem but this problem has almost made my crazy My PC configuration ausu p z -v pro Missing installed after in CI.dll file were fresh 7 updates windows i - k OCZ vector Gb as system Missing CI.dll file after updates were installed in fresh windows 7 drive G Skill GHz G RAM Bios updated to latest version The problem is Just after the fresh installation everything seems to be fine wondows boot without any problem Then it reminds me to install over updates including os security updates net updates etc After installed the updates restarted I encountered this ci dll missing problem I m not able to boot into the system Things I have tried Reinstall I tried to install win win win ult win pro All failed the same way missing or corrupt ci dll Anti-virus I tried many different Anti-virus software didnt fiund any virus Hardware this is a month new system I suppose it should be fine Now I suspect that it is one of the updates causing the problem probably the net I really need some help with this I have reinstalled the system more than times over the past week thank you all

A:Missing CI.dll file after updates were installed in fresh windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by noobchaos

Hello all,
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this problem, but this problem has almost made my crazy.

My PC configuration: ausu p8z77-v pro, i5-3570k, OCZ vector 128Gb as system drive, G.Skill 1866GHz 8G RAM, Bios updated to latest version.

The problem is: Just after the fresh installation, everything seems to be fine, wondows boot without any problem. Then it reminds me to install over 100 updates, including os security updates, .net updates, etc.

After installed the updates, restarted, I encountered this ci.dll missing problem. I m not able to boot into the system.

Things I have tried: 1. Reinstall: I tried to install win 8, win 8.1, win 7 ult, win 7 pro. All failed the same way, missing or corrupt ci.dll.
2. Anti-virus: I tried many different Anti-virus software, didnt fiund any virus.
3. Hardware: this is a month new system. I suppose it should be fine.

Now I suspect that it is one of the updates causing the problem, probably the .net 4.0.

I really need some help with this, I have reinstalled the system more than 10 times over the past week.....

thank you all.

Have you "reinstalled" or "repair" installed? Big difference. If you have not truly "reinstalled", that would be a good starting point.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296794-missing-ci-dll-file-after-updates-were-installed-fresh-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, sorry if this was posted already!

Is there any program that automatically looks for and updates for example your hard drive drivers, mouse drivers, chipset drivers etc to the latest version?

I know for sure that Windows Update doesn't do this, and manually checking through device manager always states that windows has the latest drivers available....from 2005.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/400676-any-program-freshly-installed-windows-7-updates-hw-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Okay so I was installing the Windows Ultimate updates for my grandfather's laptop Now lemme just say that the laptop is old and the casing clearly says quot Designed for Windows XP quot and he had told me that it was messed up and he got it fixed so I'm guessing that whomever fixed it put Windows on it So last night I booted it up to continue doing research on something else I was doing for him and it took about an hour to Window Windows 7 No Updates, Genuine? Installed longer boot up because it was configuring something I think it said it was the service pack Before that though earlier in the day I actually downloaded two programs that would allow me to use the laptop as a WiFi access point Once it finally booted up last Installed Window Updates, Windows 7 No longer Genuine? night it said that the copy wasn't genuine quot Windows Build is not geniune quot is in the bottom corner of the desktop now I was looking up the other threads and decided to finally register and make a thread myself as I wanted to see if I could get a specific instruction on how to fix this Installed Window Updates, Windows 7 No longer Genuine? or if this really is a counterfeit copy So here's info I'm sure some of you will ask for Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c ab Windows Product Key - -GJY -VJBQ -HYRR Windows Product Key Hash W nm F UPXrCkY xUhXb g Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID CEC A - B- F- CB -F D D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt CEC A - B- F- CB -F D D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -HYRR lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Inspiron lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F EE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt In... Read more

A:Installed Window Updates, Windows 7 No longer Genuine?

Code:
<SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>Inspiron 1501 </Model></SYSTEM>
Windows Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
Unfortunately, it is a counterfeit installation of Windows - its a DELL laptop with an ACER OEM installation of Windows. That can never happen.

The only solution is to purchase a genuine version of Windows and reinstall it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/329568-installed-window-updates-windows-7-no-longer-genuine.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Yesterday I got a balloon notification saying that there were some Windows Updates available I like to keep my PC up-to-date and since I wasn t in the middle of anything urgent I had my Windows -bit PC download Windows Updates Stopped Working 2nd - Installed Monitor and install them WU asked to reboot my computer so I got to a stopping point and clicked reboot When I Installed Windows Updates - 2nd Monitor Stopped Working rebooted my PC my nd monitor stopped working and wouldn t detect So I downloaded installed the latest drivers and restarted nothing Tried rolling back to a restore point before the updates nothing Uninstalled the video card and rebooted nothing I have an ATI Raedon Series video card installed into a Dell Optiplex running Dell quot LCD monitors Nothing super fancy or extravagant going on here I am a bit at a loss I was going to maybe take out the video card and try reinstalling it physically and quot softwarically quot But I do not think that will actually help It was working fine for months and so I am guessing it has something to do with the Windows Updates that were installed Anyone else experiencing similar issues Anyone have any ideas Thanks

A:Installed Windows Updates - 2nd Monitor Stopped Working

I tried installing a new video card, which wasn't much luck. But after I put the Radeon 3650 back in the internal video card was detected. I hooked up my second monitor to that one, which since I do not run any graphics intensive programs on this computer isn't a big deal.

Not my favorite fix, but it works so. Yeah.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453021/installed-windows-updates-2nd-monitor-stopped-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have just installed my old FP2003 on my HP Laptop running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.. I imported and published an old web site and everything seems to be working OK so far. I bought the FP2003 disk in 2005 and used it until 2009. I now am
wondering if there have been any upgrades to the program and if so where can I get them? The program I am using has never been upgraded.

A:Looking for updates for FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Home Pre

Hello duane30, welcome to Seven Forums.

This should get you on the way:
Issues that are fixed in FrontPage 2003 by Office 2003 Service Pack 2

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/268236-looking-updates-frontpage-2003-installed-windows-7-home-pre.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all,

I am trying to uninstall IE10.  When I go to control panel, program and features, installed updates, the Microsoft Windows section does not show up.  The only sections I can see are Adobe Reader XI, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (10),
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (7), and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (36).  I have no idea why it isn't showing the Microsoft Windows section, but any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks,
Cgxbaffle
PS - I am an admin on the system.  I also took it off the domain and logged in as a local admin.  Same results.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/af45fff0-d2aa-4092-a213-e90f8fd0ebe9/microsoft-windows-section-is-not-showing-up-in-installed-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.32%

Well, I have done some experimentation this evening, and I'm happy to say the updates for Windows Server 2012 install successfully on to Windows 8, including those for IE10. I thought you might be interested in some of my findings so far, so I've linked to my thread on MSFN.

Server 2012 Updates on Windows 8 - Windows 8 - MSFN Forum

Cheers All!
(There's still hope for Windows 8 Yet!)

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73919-server-2012-updates-successfully-installed-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all,

I posted a thread 5 days ago and now it has been deleted after I checked for any updates. I followed all rules so I am not sure why it was deleted, as I am just seeking help as others are.

I have a laptop about 2 weeks old. After running a string of windows updates, my machine now blue screens every single time the machine is shut down. I sought help from Dell, but the service was barely what I can consider help, so I have come here for some assistance.

Anything will be appreciated,
Thanks

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8009A79B30
BCP3: FFFFFA8009A79E10
BCP4: FFFFF800031CB270
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:BSOD on every shutdown after windows updates installed, F4 error

There wasn't too much to go on in the dump. if you think it was a Windows Update, try to restore to a point just before the update. System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351797-bsod-every-shutdown-after-windows-updates-installed-f4-error.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Installing updates via SCCM 2007, and suddenly everything Loops. Updates are installed, but after the first restart, the installation fails and all patches are uninstalled. And then they get installed again and the same thing happends over and over again.

One of the errors I can se in WindowsUpdate.log is that patch kb2952664 failes with error 8004401e. Also all the other patches fail with error 800f0826.

Some of the last errors:
WARNING: DS: Database will be reset next time it starts up due to 0x80248006
FATAL: Datastore version is incorrect. Expected 0.55-0.200, but got 0.201.
DtaStor WARNING: Forcing re-creation of data store
DtaStor Default service for AU is {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
DtaStor Default service for AU is {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}
Agent WARNING: Failed to read the service id for re-registration 0x80070002
Agent WARNING: Missing service entry in the backup data store; cleaning up

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/634711e8-6663-4f2f-9507-df3403b72b3b/software-updates-via-sccm-2007-and-suddenly-everything-loops-updates-are-installed-and-then?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 52.89%
A:i have 8.1 on my lumia 1020 installed windows insider app then checked for updates but nothing

Hi and welcome to windows central forums :)
Windows 10 is unsupported for your lumia 1020 or for the x20 series of lumia. Microsoft has now blocked the use of insiders to download insider builds for these ineligible devices and hence you are not receiving them. :)
To experience windows 10 mobile you can buy a new device running windwos 10, like the Microsoft Lumia 950/xl its on a heavy discount at Microsoft stores .
If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , please check the instructions on how to join Windows Central ? :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441777-i-have-8-1-my-lumia-1020-installed-windows-insider-app-then-checked-updates-but-nothing.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Last successful update 800704B3 Error updates were not Update installed, Windows Code: Some was on since then I didn t turn on my netbook days ago I turned it on and had important updates waiting to be installed All failed over and over again Been trying to solve this issue for days and have done the following to no avail Search box typed run and then entered msiexec unregister then msiexec regserver In Services Windows Installer already set to manual clicked on start and received following pop up error Windows could not start the Windows Installer Service on Local Computer Some updates were not installed, Windows Update Error Code: 800704B3 Error Access Denied Changed Permissions so that users and administrators have full control on all HKEYs CMD sfc Some updates were not installed, Windows Update Error Code: 800704B3 scannow Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity Some updates were not installed, Windows Update Error Code: 800704B3 violations Saved on desktop Windows msiserver reg and double clicked on it Downloaded registry repair software In the HKEY lOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services msiserver deleted enum And others I can t remember I cannot do a fresh install of Windows as I do not have the cd It s just me and the netbook and no cds Any help will be most certainly appreciated I m tired but don t want to give up

A:Some updates were not installed, Windows Update Error Code: 800704B3

You've made some large mistakes, I'm afraid.
Is your Recvoery parttion still intact? - Check your manual for the Recovery procedures,and back up your data to external media as a precaution.

Then attempt a System Restore to before you attemtped to repair the system.

Then post an MGADiag report - I have a suspicion I know what the problem is, and that should onfirm it (or tell me I'm well off base!)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html
Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/249728-some-updates-were-not-installed-windows-update-error-code-800704b3.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I got my computer back a few weeks ago from HP and installed all the windows updates because it had the HP..installed Got windows back updates, from 108ish computer SUPERSLOW hdd replaced For a while after it was unbearably slow way worse than how I sent it in I couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was I monitored the task manager for programs using alot of memory but nothing was unusual I couldn't even watch one youtube video before I could have tabs open streaming shows while torrenting and working on MS Word I finally called HP which proved to be no help because once they Got computer back from HP..installed 108ish windows updates, SUPERSLOW determined it wasn't the harddrive they wouldn't help further I decided to Got computer back from HP..installed 108ish windows updates, SUPERSLOW just run a full system recovery after backing up my files I did that suspecting windows updates were causing Got computer back from HP..installed 108ish windows updates, SUPERSLOW the problem Turns out I was right now currently running percent CPU as before it was always around percent Basically now I have no windows updates installed and don't know what to do now Should I just not install them I'm afraid I will be in a bad spot for security if I remain with it this way Any ideas would be great thanks all

A:Got computer back from HP..installed 108ish windows updates, SUPERSLOW

Welcome to Seven forums cooldudeclan.
Scroll through those 108 updates and see is Service Pack 1 is one of them. Try installing onlt that, it should have you reboot. Then check for updates and see if there aren't quite a few less. Install just 2-3 at a time. Check your system between installs for issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/189193-got-computer-back-hp-installed-108ish-windows-updates-superslow.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I had already installed successfully I might add a installed an update Windows Updates already install fail to error??? Definitions update for Microsoft Office KB The Update already installed and now it keeps coming up with the same error unable to install update Definition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition - Error x I tried uninstalling the installed update and Windows won't do it returning an quot Unspecified error quot response I have Windows Home bit installed and I cannot find a way to get Update as you used to be able do to HIDE the offending update THANKS Microsoft for removing functionality from Windows YET AGAIN I'm at my wits end with this I have asked about this problem before directly reporting the issue to Microsoft Surprise surprise NO RESPONSE I'd get a better response from a brick wall Seriously not happy Windows Updates fail to install an already installed update error??? considering cutting my losses and reverting AS I STILL HAVE MY INSTALL DISCS to Windows or moving to Linux Way to go to p s off users

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59194-windows-updates-fail-install-already-installed-update-error.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I ve always used windows movie maker to make videos using clips that I take from a point and shoot camera The files are AVI and MTS I ve never had problems before Then I installed the latest window update which quot upgraded quot to a quot better quot version of movie maker Since the update I get little yellow error signs in my video clips different after errors HELP! I Maker Movie windows updates. showing installed clips every time - not like just one is defective and it says I must remove the defective videos before I can save the movie to a DVD When I click on help it says there is a problem with the codecs On a seperate similar note - I am not able to open photos that were shot in RAW and the computer won t let me download the codec for RAW All this codec crap happened after the windows update PLEASE HELP I want my videos and pictures of my baby What codecs are needed How do I get them AARRGG nbsp

A:Movie Maker showing errors after I installed windows updates. HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/movie-maker-showing-errors-after-i-installed-windows-updates-help.973865/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've seen many of these type of threads KB2952664 multiple Windows 7 times installed updates - KB3035583 & covering these two updates but none of them describe my particular situation This may be a long post so please bear with me I was doing a fresh install and i decided to keep track of all the steps involved because i'm a nut job like that lol When I looked in my update Windows 7 updates - KB2952664 & KB3035583 installed multiple times history everything looked normal as you can see in the image below I then set windows update to check for updates but let me decide what to download and install and what came up is shown in the next image So I thought to myself here we go again repeat updates But then I checked the optional updates and things started to get a bit weird So since this was a test system I decided to install them and see what would happen I installed the two from the important tab rebooted and then installed the one from the optional tab and rebooted This was the result Pretty weird huh On the installed updates list KB and KB only show up once each I haven't been using Windows for very long so maybe I am reading this wrong I'm still not completely clear on the differences between the update history and the installed files Sometimes the files in one list are not in the other Has anybody else noticed this stuff P S - yes I did a google search and a forum search before making this thread lol

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/392601-windows-7-updates-kb2952664-kb3035583-installed-multiple-times.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I left windows updates installing overnight on my emachine after a reformat. In the morning the machine kept rebooting & now it will not load windows at all, not in normal or safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58754/e-machine-installed-updates-computer-reboots-without-loading-windows/
Relevancy 52.89%

XP home -SP2
When at Windows Update page where it states: click here to ''review your update history' the page/link will not display...getting a message about a problem not allowing the link to load -i did what was recommended to remedy the situation to no avail ...this 'failure to load/view' just started few days ago ! Was always able to view this area...is it important i know my 'history' of updates ? - I am 'set' to auto receive update via notification but NOT download automatically - i decide on 'which' updates to use... thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-review-your-history-of-installed-updates-not-working-help.597283/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I head to installed install Windows update prompting to already updates [SOLVED] this section on advise by a Moderator from the Virus trojan Spyware Help section After cleaning the machine from a rootkit I have this issue I removed and then reinstalled SP twice and after downoading the updates now my [SOLVED] Windows update prompting to install updates already installed pc prompts me to install updates that appear to be already in the system The last update haunting me is KB before it was KB After every reboot I have the yellow update icon on the toolbar down on the left close to the clock If start the installation procedure it ends telling me it is impossible to install I tried to download it directly from Microsoft download center and the result is an installation error quot update cannot be installed as a newer or same timezone has already been installed on the System quot If I search the system I find the update in these directories C Windows System CatRoot F E C - EE- D - E - C FC EE C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download be e e f a d d e e update C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download old be e e f a d d e e update C Windows Prefetch Please note that the system now appears to be cleared from malware

A:[SOLVED] Windows update prompting to install updates already installed

Go to Control Panel/Date and Time make sure that your computer is in the Right time zone for your area, and the check box for automatically update for Daylight Savings time is checked. Then go to the Internet Time tab and update your time to the current time. then you can try the Update again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-update-prompting-to-install-updates-already-installed-635744.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys I am boot Windows Windows dual 8 Black up. 8 installed, Screen! boot won't having an issue when installing the consumer preview So I downloaded the W iso off of Microsoft's site I burned it to a Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! DVD with GB free of storage I even bought a new set of DVDs Anyways I downloaded the iso I downloaded the USB DVD download tool there I burned my iso to the DVD So I then create a partition on my computer I gave the new partition GB of storage I rebooted my computer pressed F and access the burned DVD So I click custom installation and I install the new OS onto the partition with GB I named it the partition Windows so I wouldn't get confused I clicked it and installed Windows onto it Anyways once it extracts the data and installs all Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! the Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! updates my computer screen goes black for a few seconds Then it load's the fish icon and then goes black It loads nothing and it just stays there I have tried using the startup repair and it cannot fix it I decided to reinstall the OS but format the partition and then install It does the same exact thing Anyways how do I get rid of the black screen Windows won't boot up I allowed a dual boot by the way so I still have windows but I really want to try Windows I followed this guide if anyone was wondering

A:Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen!

I'm having similar issues with Vista and W8. I put W8 on an empty and freshly created partition.
I can get W8 to run but then on every restart or reboot I can not get back to Vista from the "blue dual boot screen". I select Vista as the OS, the laptop goes to the Acer splash screen and then the screen goes black and the HDD light goes off completely. And that's it. Have to do a forced shutdown holding power button and then on next reboot it will go to Vista.
Fortunately I have full Acronis disk images so I can just revert back to before all this but like you I really want to try W8.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4556-windows-8-dual-boot-installed-windows-8-wont-boot-up-black-screen.html
Relevancy 52.89%

this is what I did since I have no CD-ROM to install Win I created a partion X NTFS and set it as the ACTIVE ONE the put there the Windows installation files and opened prompt command to type bootsect exe n X next I restarted my computer and automatically it booted into the Windows setup partitiion Windows installed or files in manager boot boot wrong I installed Windows on the partition C Windows boot files or boot manager installed in wrong partitiion and formatted the partition C everything installed and after the installation finished a multiple choice menu appears that reads Windows Windows boot files or boot manager installed in wrong partitiion Windows Setup I believe my error was not to set partition C back as the active one during the installation process where it asks you in which partition to install I just formatted C but forgot to set it as the ACTIVE ONE I have partition in total but there is no need to put them all just the ones that are involved this is how my partitions look Cboot page file crash dump primary partition XSystem Active Primary partition lt lt lt this one became hidden Code Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier bootmgr device device partition Device HarddiskVolume description Windows Boot Manager locale en-US inherit globalsettings integrityservices Enable default current resumeobject d e - - e -b f -efb b a displayorder current dcc -fafe- d -b - eba f toolsdisplayorder memdiag timeout Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier current device partition C path Windows system winload exe description Windows locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings recoverysequence d e - - e -b f -efb b a integrityservices Enable recoveryenabled Yes allowedinmemorysettings x osdevice partition C systemroot Windows resumeobject d e - - e -b f -efb b a nx OptIn bootmenupolicy Standard Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier dcc -fafe- d -b - eba f device ramdisk boot sources boot wim dcc -fafe- d -b - eba f path windows system boot winload exe description Windows Setup locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings osdevice ramdisk boot sources boot wim dcc -fafe- d -b - eba f systemroot windows bootmenupolicy Standard detecthal Yes winpe Yes ems No what I want is to make the X partition a worthless partition just containing the Windows installation files and that everything looks like if I installed from a CD-ROM rather than from a partition please tell in BCDEDIT commands does that mean I have to move the boot files or boot manager into C I also would like to remove the multiple choice screen but more important is to make X partition a worthless partition

A:Windows boot files or boot manager installed in wrong partitiion

Please post back a screenshot of your maximized Disk Management drive map and listings:

1. Type Disk Management in Start Search box.
2. Open Disk Mgmt. window and maximize it.
3. Type Snipping Tool in Start Search box.
4. Open Snipping Tool, choose Rectangular Snip, click New, draw a box around full drive map and all listings.
5, Save Snip, attach using paper clip in Reply Box.

Tell us what is on each partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270703-windows-boot-files-boot-manager-installed-wrong-partitiion.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi.

I accidently installed grub onto the seven boot partition. I can't boot into seven. It loads the ubuntu select os screen, I select WIndows 7 (Loader), and it justs goes back to the ubuntu select os.

Please can someone help?

I still have windows 7 installed, and I have full access to ubuntu.

A:Accidently installed grub onto windows 7 boot partiton. Unable to boot

To Remove Linux take look at this post:
Error 0xc0000225 on boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208957-accidently-installed-grub-onto-windows-7-boot-partiton-unable-boot.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I ve encountered an array of problems To start XP Installed/AVI Unable files Updates load fail Successfully Windows to Were to be when I try to play an avi file real player and windows media player both encounter a fatal error Thinking there may have been Windows XP Updates Were Unable to be Successfully Installed/AVI files fail to load a windows update I went to update Windows XP Updates Were Unable to be Successfully Installed/AVI files fail to load microsoft com to get updates I was able to download all of the updates but I could not install any of them I tried to install them via express and custom updates on the website via automatic updates and virtually every other method I could think of After researching the problem I came across similar problems with an array of solutions including trying in safe mode running sfc scannow uninstalling and reinstalling net shutting off and turning back on both automatic updates and cryptographic services changing dll files lccwiz amp pidgen renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder downloading one update at a time and other things that I can t even begin to think of at this moment obviously with no success as well as running SpyBot AdAware and Norton Below are some of the links that I came across to help with this problem http www jsifaq com SF Tips Tip aspx id http help maximumasp com SmarterTicket Customer KBArticle aspx articleid http forums whirlpool net au forum-replies-archive cfm html http forums pcworld co nz archive index php t- html http forums microsoft com Genuine ShowPost aspx PostID amp SiteID http www eggheadcafe com software aspnet re-latest-updates-wont aspx http www annoyances org exec forum winxp t I think that was just about all of them though there may be others I tried virtually everything on those websites as well as a few things that I thought of on my own of which at this point I cannot distinguish between whos idea was whoms It is important that I point out that I do not get an error code just the statement quot Updates Were Unable to be Successfully Installed quot with a list of all the updates that failed which every time were all of them Also I do have a genuine copy of XP Below is a HijackThis log as well as an uninstall list and a text files with the WindowsUpdate log for today only If you need any more information feel free to ask Any help would be much appriciated Thanks guys Adam Also the updates I am trying to install are KB KB KB KB KB KB KB Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Office Service Pack KB Windows Media Player amp KB Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Burning AnyDVD AnyDVD exe C PROGRA Comcast COMCAS data Xtras mssysmgr exe C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Progs amp Cracks HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - ... Read more

A:Windows XP Updates Were Unable to be Successfully Installed/AVI files fail to load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-updates-were-unable-to-be-successfully-installed-avi-files-fail-to-load.523520/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there

I'm having multiple problems and the one above has come up today as I was looking into how to enable automatic TomTom connection and also Alfa wifi.  The Alfa keeps saying that Relatek driver is not connected.  Diagnostics keep coming up with different reasons and the one above is the latest.  It varies daily and I need some advice as it is soul destroying.  Is someone can help I would be most grateful.

A:Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.

FWIW:  You should never...use Windows Update for drivers.  If the system is an OEM/name brand system (e.g., HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc.) you should get drivers for the system from the respective system manufacturer's websitel.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493338/driver-updates-arent-automatically-installed-when-detected-by-windows-update/
Relevancy 52.46%

How is this even possible I had the google redirect issue that seemed to go away for a couple of days but then everything got worse and pages I was reading would just change to a different random site I decided to just reformat the drive and reinstall XP Installed drivers and all Windows updates anti-virus and MBAM from files on a different partition on the same drive and set up outlook express including importing files I then went on the internet and everything happened again A google-analytics page drivers XP Infected and Updates reformat/reinstall all installed after Nothing Windows but Immediately with popped up and Infected Immediately after reformat/reinstall XP with Nothing installed but drivers and all Windows Updates pages randomly were redirected So I reformatted reinstalled Infected Immediately after reformat/reinstall XP with Nothing installed but drivers and all Windows Updates again tonight I installed my MB and VC drivers fro mthe CD that came with the product and then started installing all Windows updates which takes a while After that I went on the internet and I m infected again My boot drive is partioned into C and D with D being where I install all my games and place any downloads or save files However I never did anything with this drive this time I never even opened up the drive folder Please help as I am completely baffled

A:Infected Immediately after reformat/reinstall XP with Nothing installed but drivers and all Windows Updates

Do you use a router?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361086/infected-immediately-after-reformatreinstall-xp-with-nothing-installed-but-drivers-and-all-windows-updates/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everyone After i made a fails Windows Windows 8.1 installed after Updates research about my problem i finally came here hoping that someone might have an answer to what is happening to my laptop a Samsung Chronos Series laptop Some days ago august th i recieved a notification from Windows Update Windows 8.1 fails after Windows Updates installed telling me that update KB was ready to be installed as soon as i restarted my machinne Another update was also avaliable quot Advanced Micro Devices Inc - Graphics Adapter WDDM AMD Radeon M quot that's my dedicated graphics card the other one is an Intel HD Graphics I installed both updates to my computer and the system automatically created a restore point then i clicked quot Update and restart quot button Every time since the installation of these updates my laptop fails when tries to startup all i can see is Samsung logo and those funny dots moving in circles indicating that files are loading and after that a black screen without any mouse cursor or pretty much anything else At this point the keyboard the touchpad and other devices don't respond so i end up holding down the power button to end my laptop's misery The next thing i did was to use the startup repair tool that comes with Windows without any positive results I tried booting into safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt run sfc scannnow run bootrec fixboot bootrec fixbcd bootrec rebuildbcd chkdsk and none of this methods could pass that annoying black screen Then i used the system restore roll backed graphics card drivers and everything worked fine apparently However whenever i shutdown or restart my computer that black screen comes back the next time i startup Windows even if i refused install KB and my graphics card updates before shuting down Something curious is that even when i choose to shutdown my laptop restarts instead The only way i can still use my laptop is by repairing startup using system restore and then never shuting down or restart but only hibernate or put to sleep my computer when i'm not using it I think the source of the problem is that for some reason windows tries to load the new graphics card drivers instead the ones it really has the ones within my restore point files But those are just my guesses I would like to know if anybody else have experienced something like this before i try to refresh my computer something i don't want to do because it will be difficult to reinstall all the rd party programs i have right now

A:Windows 8.1 fails after Windows Updates installed

Well, Windows Update notified me about a new update, i installed it, rebooted my laptop and the problem apparently is solved.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/52793-windows-8-1-fails-after-windows-updates-installed.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for my Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit edition. As the installation finished the computer restarted and I did not give it another thought. Later on I returned to the Windows Update screen to see if there were any recent updates available for my PC. To my surprise all the older updates that I previously installed before the service pack installation have reappeared. My question now is, Do I reinstall the older updates? and Will they overwrite any files that the Service Pack 1 installation has already installed?

A:Win 7 SP1 Installed, Previously Installed Updates Reappear

If they are already installed and the new updates overwrite, it is not going to cause a problem. The worst that could happen is that you will be up to date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330440-win-7-sp1-installed-previously-installed-updates-reappear.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all.

I have a Windows XP machine that keeps telling me that I need to install 2 security updates.

KB956572 and KB981852. The problem is that these updates are already installed and appear in my Add/Remove Programs. So I go ahead and install the updates again anyway. The machine says the updates installed successfully. However after a system reboot, the same 2 updates pop up again saying that they need to be installed.

I have removed/uninstalled the updates in question. Re-installed them. No success. They still come up as needing to be installed. I have tried re-registering the windows updates components and have cleared the temporary folders of windows update but still the same result.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas? Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Installed security updates say they need to be installed

Try installing manually. Read what post #7 says in this link.

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1163173.htm

Is the system up-to-date with SP3 installed ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-installed-security-updates-say-they-need-to-be-installed-529330.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

Is there a list of hotfixes that are required to be installed prior to installing SP1?

I am trying to slipstream SP1 into an installation DVD for Windows 7. It works fine, however, after I installed my newly created DVD, I found an update that said "You must install this patch before you install SP1. If you have already installed SP1, please uninstall it, reinstall this patch, then reinstall SP1." Obviously I want to integrate that patch before I slipstream SP1.

Is there a list of patches that need to be applied before SP1 is applied?

Thanks,
Casey

A:List of updates required to be installed before SP1 is installed?

CaseyE,

Read through my blurb below to see if there if anything useful there to assist you....
Make sure your computer is updated as recommended before proceeding....

Win 7 SP1.
Generic steps to take before installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

* How to increase your chances of installing Service Pack 1 successfully.
Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

* Update your device drivers to the most recent Windows 7 device drivers from your computer manufacture's support web site (for your specific make and model)

* Start by installing the chipset/motherboard driver followed by the remaining available drivers.

* Run the SFC /SCANNOW command. This will check and repair if necessary any critical Windows system files.
Click on Start/All programs/Accessories > Right click on Command Prompt option and select 'Run as administrator'.
At the command prompt enter: SFC /SCANNOW

* Run the System Update Readiness Tool:
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

* Windows 7 - Service Pack 1 – How to install Step by Step
Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

* Learn how to install Win 7 SP1
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

* Win7 SP1: Installation tips
Windows 7 SP1 Follow-up

* Also: Steps to take before installing Win7 SP1

* Troubleshoot problems installing a service pack for Windows 7
Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
FYI -
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 7 SP1 | Download Service Pack

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/192886-list-updates-required-installed-before-sp1-installed.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 With All Patches
I have tried using wmic and powershell as suggested in a number of posts.  None of the outputs include the full information under the Name column in View Update History.  wmic includes the URL for the knowledgebase article instead of the description.
The varies powershell scripts also do not produce the information under Name.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/425f6e73-8930-4d9e-930d-3574b7a0d7c5/how-do-i-export-a-list-of-all-installed-windows-updates-that-contains-all-of-the-information-in-view?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.17%

Greetings I recently built list. Updates on 'Installed failed, still Updates' appear yet a computer and the operating system I've installed Updates failed, yet still appear on 'Installed Updates' list. is Windows Professional Everything was going fine till a massive batch of updates had to be installed about in total When I booted up my computer it was stuck on the 'configuring Updates failed, yet still appear on 'Installed Updates' list. installed updates'-'failed to configure updates reverting back to previous state' screen for about minutes after which my computer booted normally I ran into some weird bugs like Windows claiming that I had never updated the computer nor installed any updates despite the update history showing several updates that had been performed in the past few days and after running the Windows Update Troubleshooter resetting Windows Update through the 'Services' menu and deleting every file in the SoftwareDistribution folder I simply installed the updates in small batches I should mention that after running the Windows Update Troubleshooter I did get a message telling me that my Service Registration was quot missing or corrupt quot but I think that's been fixed after performing the other two steps I mentioned above I also ran sfc scannow and everything checked out The issue that remains however is that a trio of updates seemingly failed to install according to the 'Update History' list yet they appear on the list of installed updates accessed through the 'Programs and Features' section in the Control Panel They are KB KB KB So the question is should I uninstall these updates and redownload and reinstall them Or should I simply leave everything as is I've read that hard drives and RAM can also cause these issues and though I really doubt my drive or my RAM are the issues here if it helps I'm using a Samsung Evo GB SSD no other drives at the moment and have GBs of MHz RAM installed x GB manufactured by G Skill Another strange thing I noticed is that on the list of installed updates it said that my computer has had a total of updates and after installing another updates I'm still seeing a total of updates I guess this is just a minor glitch or something of the sort Any and all help would be much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384646-updates-failed-yet-still-appear-installed-updates-list.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I apply MS Updates regularly and have no updates outstanding apart from two optional updates that I don't intend to install. However, when I visit >Programs and Features>View installed updates no Vista security updates are shown. The only updates displayed are those for M$ Office etc. The freeware product System Inspector for Windows shows Vista security updates as installed correctly! I have run the Fix It utility provided by Microsoft with no joy.

Any ideas?

A:Vista Updates not displayed in Installed Updates

Run the updater again.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/273536-vista-updates-not-displayed-installed-updates.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I m not sure whether this is a hardware issue or a software Windows and Installed now boot? new PSU won't Windows issue Okay I just installed a Corsair HX which is rated Silver which is apparently Installed new PSU and now Windows won't boot? a good thing I know this thing is more powerful than my previous W power supply Would changing the PSU effect Windows in any way I m more than sure everything is plugged in and tight I ve tried numerous times and whenever I boot up my computer it goes through the BIOS screen and then it goes to quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device quot The thing is Windows is already properly installed on one of the hard drives I have two SATA hard drives My computer was working perfectly fine with the other PSU but with this new one Windows will simply not boot I may try to reinstall Windows but can a new PSU really make it so you can t boot into Windows Also I checked my BIOS and everything is being recognized From the hard drives to the DVD drives I have two My specs are AMD Phenom II Quad Core GHz x GB SATA HDD Windows Ultimate New Corsair HX PSU Nvidia GeForce GT GB RAM nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I used a program to make a USB bootable drive and installed xp off it, now it wont start on its own the usb bootable drive has "debug boot rdisk 1 partition 1-4" when I use partition 3 it starts fine, I checked that file out all it is is a boot.ini file with multi boot options, I tried to change the windows boot.ini file to somthing that I thought was correct , disk0 and partition 3 and rdisk 0 with multi set to 0, am I doing anything wrong?

In disk management it shows up as 0 and I'm using IDE mode in bios thanks!

The error I get when I try to boot up just using the hdd is "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware config problem"
Could not read from the seleted boot disk. check boot path and disk hardware.

A:Windows XP installed from USB, won't boot on its own

I'm not sure if this will help your situation, but in your BIOS, do you have the Hard drive selected as the First bootable device?

If not, try setting it to before the USB/CD/Floppy and see if it will allow you to boot.

Other then this the only thing I could suggest is to reload with a disc..

With your boot.ini file do you have this:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

*Note that instead of Professional you could also have Home..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-installed-from-usb-wont-boot-on-its-own.181666/
Relevancy 49.45%

I installed a new motherboard for my Windows 7 Home Premium system and was surprised to find Windows won't boot now. I tried repair option from the install disc but didn't help. I tried the in place upgrade but after selecting the Install now option I end up with a message that the system was booted from the install disc and I need to start Windows normally and then insert the install disc again which of course won't work when Windows can't boot.

I made a new install on a test hard drive to check my motherboard and it is working fine. What can I do? I would like to boot on my regular drive with all my data and programs and not have to go through the long process of finding and installing everything anew.

A:Windows won't boot after new MB installed

RFHarris, Welcome to SF. Sometimes you get lucky with this process sometimes you don't but read the attached article for some help. I like to clean install but I always back up my data and keep all my software ready, but it is a much longer process but one I prefer.
Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/162101-windows-wont-boot-after-new-mb-installed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello All Windows Laptop Boot on 2003 Server in installed installation Dual already Windows 7 I have Windows Ultimate -Bit Edition installed and working fine Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop on the following laptop HP-Dv -Bit Core Duo GB RAM Nvidia Graphics Card It is the only operating system I have two partitions in the laptop harddisk Windows Ultimate is obviously installed on the first partition C I have D almost empty and I can shrink or expand it based on the requirements Now I want to install Windows SR SP Server on the same laptop in Dual Boot Configuration I have read that installing a Windows Xp family operating system on a machine after intallation of Windows Vista family operating system corrupts the boot sector and makes Windows unbootable since both have different operating system files I know i should have installed Windows first and then Windows to ensure a hassle free Windows dual boot system However I want now to save the hassle and do the other way around Can anyone guide me with exact steps or to any other working guide which can ensure that both operating systems would live in harmony in the scenario i have described Maybe someone with a similar experience can share the precautions and consequences Thanks for reading and helping in advance Regards nbsp

A:Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop

Couple of things you can do after installing 2003.

Boot from the W7 dvd select repair my computer and do a startup repair, most of the time this fixes the bootloader for W7, but then 2003 may not boot now. So then you need to install a BCD editor software in W7 to get both of them booting properly.

http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

If startup repair does not get W7 booting again, there are some commands you can do from the W7 recovery environment to get the job done, (boot from the W7 cd, select repair my computer, then command prompt)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-installation-in-dual-boot-on-already-installed-windows-7-laptop.878387/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello All I have Windows Dual installation Windows Boot already 7 installed 2003 in Windows Server Laptop on Ultimate -Bit Edition installed and working fine on the following laptop HP-Dv -Bit Core Duo GB RAM Nvidia Graphics Card It is the Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop only operating system I have two partitions in the laptop harddisk Windows Ultimate is obviously installed on the first partition C I have D almost empty and I can shrink or expand it based on the requirements Now I want to install Windows SR SP Server on the same laptop in Dual Boot Configuration I have read that installing a Windows Xp family operating system on a machine after intallation of Windows Vista family operating system corrupts the boot sector and makes Windows unbootable since both have different operating system files I know i should have installed Windows first and then Windows to ensure a hassle free Windows dual boot system However I want now to save the hassle and do the other Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop way around Can anyone guide me with exact steps or to any other working guide which can ensure that both operating systems would live in harmony in the Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop scenario i have described Maybe someone with a similar experience can share the precautions and consequences Thanks for reading and helping in advance Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-2003-server-installation-in-dual-boot-on-already-installed-windows-7-laptop-432998.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a new laptop pre-installed with Windows 10 on a primary m.2 disk.
It also has an HDD that I divided into partitions.

Now I have an old laptop that has Windows 7 that holds programs and files that I left behind. I want those programs accessible in a Windows 7 environment. Therefore, I cloned my Windows 7 to a spare partition on my laptop's HDD. Right now, I have Windows 10 on primary SSD and cloned Windows 7 on a partition of secondary HDD.

However, the problem is that, while the disk cloning process went successfully, it's not bootable. So my question is: how do I make the disk with Windows 7 bootable?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57645-dual-boot-setup-pre-installed-windows-10-cloned-windows-7dows.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I need to run a Carestream driver for RVG 6500, a dental imaging sensor, and install an intra-oral camera by Runyes. I am currently using Windows 8.1 that came pre-installed on my HP Ultrabook, and even though I like the operating system, it does not install the applications I mentioned above

I would really appreciate if someone could help me resolve this issue.

Things I have Already Tried in Vain
PC Settings>Updates and Recovery>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Advanced Settings>Enable Unsigned DriversOracle Virtual Machine: The wireless network adapter for the RVG 6500 system cannot be configured in the virtual machine as it fails to provide the appropriate network driversDual boot with Windows Vista: Fails to read the hard drive for installation and does not install on portable drive

A:Dual Boot on pre-installed windows 8

Look at this thread. It's short and I think it'll give you the info you need.

Dual Booting Windows 7 with Windows 8 Pre-Installed UEFI

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/35179-dual-boot-pre-installed-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have and dual boot 1st How can installed) Windows 7 I have (8.1 8.1 already How can I have Windows 7 and 8.1 dual boot (8.1 1st installed) seen steps to do this on this forum when Windows is on the machine first but this does not fit my situation as I will soon convert my Windows to Windows because I don't want it to be OEM any more so I can transfer my whole system over to a new pc in the future via image backup I also have a full version of Windows Once I upgrade OEM Windows to Windows how can I used the full version of Windows to create a dual boot Is upgrading Windows to Windows likely to cause any problems According to the test program the only issue is Skyrim won't work any more And I saw online a Windows driver for my printer PS I would want both operating systems to be on their own separate partition FURTHER INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OF INTEREST I tried upgrading Windows OEM to Windows full version but it did not work so I reverted to my image backup to make my pc same as it was before So instead I am wanting a dual boot with Windows and Thanks for reading my post

A:How can I have Windows 7 and 8.1 dual boot (8.1 1st installed)

Hello and welcome winuserd have a look at this Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista it might give you an idea on what to do.
It is from the 8 forum's site (a sister site to this one) - might be an idea to join up to that as well I did and I upgraded my main laptop and the Sandy Bridge from 7 to 8 then 8.1 with just an upgrade disk (the 8.1 was a free download).

Having said that I have both the 8's running in 7 mode (look) using Classic Shell as I prefer the desktop look but they are certainly faster than my other 7 machines.

PS I forgot to say I cloned the 7 to new drives before I upgraded so that I can flip the old drive back in if things go south.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/323869-how-can-i-have-windows-7-8-1-dual-boot-8-1-1st-installed.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Well Im slapping myself on the head, I installed Acronis True Image Home 11 on my machine today and on reboot it now seems to be hanging on the Preparing Automatic Repair screen, nothing seems to be happening, just hangs on this screen for ages.......

troubleshooting steps so far as follows.......

tried automatic repair but fails on windows 8 bootup cd via repair
tried

bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /scanos
bootrec /rebuildbcd

with no result, the error seems to be pretty early on during the boot process, I can see the windows 8 flag for a split second then it just reboots, second time it reboots it fires into the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen and seems to just hang there.

my spec is as follows.

Gigabyte Z77-D3H
3TB Main OS Drive
128GB SSD *in RAID mode with OS drive for acceleration use via Intel Smart Response Technology and Rapid Start enabled.
8GB Ram
i7 2600k CPU

Relevancy 48.59%

My situation is usually the opposite of what I've found online. I upgraded to Win 10 and I'm quite comfortable with it, the problem is that a critical application for my job does not work with this platform. As I have space, my preferred option is to dual boot with Win 10 and Win 8.1 on the system. Please guide me on how to go ahead with this endeavor.This is quite an urgent requirement so I'd appreciate help.

A:Dual boot Windows 10 and Win 8.1 with Win 10 installed

The M$ article:http://tinyurl.com/p79786jand another approach..http://www.howtogeek.com/197647/how...If wishing to play or otherwise with win-10 I would be inclined to do on its own computer, or go the dual boot path.And... if dual booting... first ensure "all" data is safely duplicated/copied elsewhere - typically DVD, but an external hard drive (or NAS) too is nice(r) - just in-case...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/dual-boot-windows-10-and-win-81-with-win-10-installed/144.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Installed program, now no boot into Windows, Help needed ASAP

I just installed this a few minutes ago, and then restarted my win7 64bit computer.

http://lifehacker.com/5561303/solut...peed-up-your-system-boot-fix-system-slowdowns

When the computer started to boot up, it got up to the boot page where the colorful spheres combine to for the microsoft symbol. After a few more seconds, I BSOD and get STOP: 0x0000001E. This is the only code that may seem to help.

Update: I got this after one another restart (total of 5 restarts, just hoping it may work)
An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I have finals this week and the computer I'm using now sucks. Please help.

-Intel Core 2 Quad [email protected]
-Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
-4gb Mushkin DDR2
-EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
-Win7 Home Premium 64
-Standard Case Fans
-Logitech X240 2.1
-Western Digital 500gb WD5001AALS, Western Digital 640gb WD6400AAKS (somehow connected)

-Standard CD
-Raidmax Smilodon

A:Installed program, now no boot into Windows

Safe Mode

Try booting into Safe Mode. Then remove the program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-program-now-no-boot-into-windows.148393/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi My installation was FAILED i have windows xp bit pre-installed in C drive I was trying to install DUAL BOOT xp with Windows in D drive NTFS using ISO image file of Windows bit ultimate present in my HHD i mounted the ISO file of windows with the help of Virtual drive The installation started normally but in the FINAL step Finalizing installation when system restarts to perform configuration etc but instead (pre 64 bit Windows 32 7 dual with boot Xp bit installed) of that i got message quot Failed to install windows and rolling back changes quot Important NOTE Using virtual dvd rom i mounted and install dual boot Windows 7 64 bit with (pre installed) Xp 32 bit Windows quot bit quot all right There was NO problem at all of dual booting windows xp bit and windows bit on the same hard disk on different drives so my question is Windows bit cant be dual boot with pre loaded Xp bit or tell me how to do it please i got gb ddr ram and i want to run bit dual boot Windows 7 64 bit with (pre installed) Xp 32 bit OS windows to utilize it maximum My system info Dell OptiPlex GX ghz gb ram ATI HD- mb Hard disk space on D Drive is GB

A:dual boot Windows 7 64 bit with (pre installed) Xp 32 bit

One of Brink's great tutorials to get your teeth into: Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/175846-dual-boot-windows-7-64-bit-pre-installed-xp-32-bit.html