Windows Support Forum

BSODs on HP Pavillion

Q: BSODs on HP Pavillion

Hello All
Bought a new laptop online,

windows 64bit pre installed (home premium) -
HP Pavillion dv6 3141ea, AMD Phenom II Quad-Core N930 Processor, 15.6" HD Screen, Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD Rewriter, Dedicated ATI 5470 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Fingerprint Reader, XD499EA#ABU

after a couple of blue screens as soon as I got it, 2 weeks ago, I just got another. Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem might be? I attached the reports as suggested.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSODs on HP Pavillion

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSODs on HP Pavillion

Quote: Originally Posted by frankslade

Hello All
Bought a new laptop online,

windows 64bit pre installed (home premium) -
HP Pavillion dv6 3141ea, AMD Phenom II Quad-Core N930 Processor, 15.6" HD Screen, Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD Rewriter, Dedicated ATI 5470 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Fingerprint Reader, XD499EA#ABU

after a couple of blue screens as soon as I got it, 2 weeks ago, I just got another. Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem might be? I attached the reports as suggested.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank and welcome

Thes point to pool_corruption (memory) probably caused by your Symantec.
I would remove symantec and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

I would also run a memory test just to be sure.

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/157482-bsods-hp-pavillion.html
Relevancy 32.68%

hi all I tried taking battery off tried just charger etc but wont turn on could someone help on where to start to try find problem its got no hard drive in it as I bought it 2nd hand with out a hard drive in it .. thanks in advance

A:HP Pavillion dv5 won't turn on

Do you see anything on the screen when you switch on? Any fan noise? It should start briefly then find the hard drive missing, as long as there is power(?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv5-wont-turn-on.180658/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 31.39%

I powered down the machine yesterday (Shut Down) and now this morning the computer will not boot.
When I try to boot the machine the BIOS screen does not appear, the HD light flickers on but then stays off. All other lights on the machine are on as normal. The fan kicks in within 30 seconds and sounds like it's running at maximum revs.
I did a hard reset and reseated the HD and the RAM and replaced the RTC battery without fixing the issue.
I will disassemble the unit and make sure the fan is not clogged, in the meantime does anyone have any thoughts ?
TIA
Arfer

A:HP Pavillion DV6700 will not start, no BIOS screen just black

The motherboard has probably failed do to consistent overheating over time...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6700-will-not-start-no-bios-screen-just-black.189056/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a HP Pavillion dv5000 and would like to replace the cmos battery due to charging issues. I can't find the darn thing. I removed the keyboard and the wifi card and NO battery. I removed the ram sticks also to see and still no battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seems easy but you try lookin in this machine lol

A:HP Pavillion CMOS battery... where the heck is it?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00700959.pdf

Section 5.8 RTC Battery, page 5-16

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-cmos-battery-where-the-heck-is-it.173717/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Hp Pavilion with a 4.2 score, AMD Turion II P560 Dual-Core 2.50GHz, 4gb ram 300 gb storage, and a AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250. I can play games like minecraft well on High performance and HD, 3D graphics but I want to play more games like Battlefield and Black Ops, MW2 MW3 -Beta. I use Game booster but it only seems to end my processes, how can i run my laptop to be faster for gaming without lag?

A:How can I make my HP Pavillion G-series computer run games faster?

go into battery settings and change to high performance, also most the time with laptops specs dont handle like there advertised due to battery and "saving space" issues. On top of that just try doing the normal, clear off empty hdd space, and use a good defrag program like auslogics and optimize to read the data faster. Trust me gaming is hard enough with just BF2 on my dinosaur of a laptop stuck to windowed resolutions of 800x600

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-make-my-hp-pavillion-g-series-computer-run-games-faster.170081/
Relevancy 31.82%

it possible to place a ATI Radeon HD 5750 in a HP pavillion slimline?

I want to know because i just bought just cause 2 for pc and i dont have the right Graphics card so im planning to buy the graphics card.

btw im 13 so i cant afford everything.

thanks for your help

UPDATE: the version of the PC is S3330f

A:Is it possible to place an ATI Radeon HD 5750 in a HP Pavillion Slimline?

From the information I could gather 8800GT is 9" long and roughly 4.7" high. Whereas, this XFX HD 5750 is 7.9" by 4.4". So if these measurements are true to your existing system, you should be ok with this card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-place-an-ati-radeon-hd-5750-in-a-hp-pavillion-slimline.169743/
Relevancy 31.82%

This is the strangest problem some Pavillion work don't TX2500, keys HP that I have ever run into The computer is less than years old the motherboard has been replaced once already Some of the keys on the keyboard do not work The keys that do work output in all caps when the caps lock is off and output in lower case when caps lock is on This HP Pavillion TX2500, some keys don't work is what I have tried already Uninstall the keyboard and drivers in device manager Scanned for viruses and malware-Negative Tried the battery removal power cord out press power to discharge the capacitors and still no good Tried a USB keyboard and a different set of keys don t work Tried the keyboard on my HTC Thunderbolt while connected using Gmote and even less keys work Tried a system restore and a clean install of Ubuntu Same nonsense Removed the keyboard from the laptop and re-seated the connector Now my head hurts Does anyone have any ideas that I have not tried I m thinking it s the motherboard keyboard controller which means I am not replacing the motherboard in this thing again UUGGhh Thank you very much in advance nbsp

A:HP Pavillion TX2500, some keys don't work

Bought a replacement keyboard and it did not work, which I expected. The keyboard was $56 from HP. I am returning it and they are charging me $25 restocking fee! Almost 50%...

HP sucks! I think it's time for a Macbook!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-tx2500-some-keys-dont-work.167676/
Relevancy 30.96%

A few hours ago why running a few programs and things nothing that taxing like a game or anything my computer randomly shut down Now when (BIOS/startup loop malfunction?) dv3150nr HP Pavillion boot I tried to reboot it or when it restarted itself im not too sure It would flash a blank DOS window with a blinking quot quot for - seconds then go to the HP BIOS screen and remain there for a few seconds HP Pavillion dv3150nr boot loop (BIOS/startup malfunction?) At HP Pavillion dv3150nr boot loop (BIOS/startup malfunction?) the point in which it would normally go to the next screen and start loading windows it instead started the booting process all over and went back to the BIOS screen and would do this continually until i pressed the power button and shut it off I have no idea what is the problem and how to fix it I ran the memory and other daignostics in the bios and they did not come up with any errors My antivirus expired not too long ago but i dont think a virus could do this I did at one time get a message something like this quot Primary internal Battery storage capacity of battery very low replace battery But that make have been a fluke caused by me trying to perform a quot hard reset quot by removing the battery and draining the remaining power in the notebook I am no longer under warranty By days Doesn t this always happen and I m at a loss for what to do I may still be able to boot from a disk but before I try anything like that I need to understand what is causing the problem and how best to fix it Any help would be appreciated Notebook stats pretty much the only thing I m able to access in the bios besides diagnostic tests Notebook model HP Pavillion dv Notebook PC Windows Vista SYSTEM BOARD ID PROCESSOR TYPE INTEL CORE DUO CPU P GHz Total Memory MB BIOS Version F nbsp

A:HP Pavillion dv3150nr boot loop (BIOS/startup malfunction?)

The primary internal battery might be the motherboard CMOS battery. Sounds like the hard drive may have gone bad... Once you get the laptop to boot, you can address the weak CMOS battery. Can you get into the boot devices in the bios at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv3150nr-boot-loop-bios-startup-malfunction.158538/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi I need to replace a screen on the above laptop - however I am unsure which screen I need - there seems to be one with a dual back light - and a 17.3" screen size as wellas the 17" - any ideas how I could find out which part I need ?

A:HP Pavillion DV9000 - Which screen to replace

Look on the back of the screen itself there should be some numbers on the back of the screen type model number from the back of the screen into google or eBay that will give you the correct screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv9000-which-screen-to-replace.157418/
Relevancy 32.68%

my lap top freezes when i turn it on. the only thing i get is a black screen with hp invent in the middle. i put a disc in with windows xp home edition on it to try to swipe the computer but when i turn it on i cant even get to boot from disc. any ideas?

A:HP Pavillion ze4400

That unit is old enough to have begun some problems with the hard drive... or heat from dust, dirt, fiber...

Clean out thoroughly with canned air and denatured alcohol.

Can you put the drive in an external USB enclosure to see if you can access the data on another computer? If so, look for the SMART test results.

HP has used in that model Hitachi, Samsung, Western Digital, and Seagate... so it would be helpful to know more about the hard drive installed.

Luckily hard drives are very low cost nowadays... so I would look for another at Frys, NewEgg, Directron, CDW, Zipzoomfly, or other supplier and see if you can install windows to it... If you need help, let us know.

But there have been a lot of system board failure reports... due to excess heat.

What is the age of that laptop and components.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze4400.156583/
Relevancy 32.68%

i have an hp pavillion dv 6 entertainment notebook ? can i enhance it with new 3 d card?? it has a built it mobile chip set !

A:HP Pavillion notebook

General speaking, you cannot upgrade the video card or GPU in a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-notebook.153825/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello
my laptop stopped picking up wireless network, it wont' recognized the wireless assistant, I tried every possible solution online (updating bios, reinstalling the drivers, changed the network card) and still nothing. any suggestions? will buying a usb wireless adapter give me the option to connect to wireless networks?

Thank you

Ori

A:HP Pavillion DV 6000 stopped picking up wireless networks

Welcome to the club and I don't say that sarcastically; I feel your pain. This is quite a well known problem with HP's DV 6000 series; a series that had MAJOR failures with their motherboards due to poor cooling. Their 9000 series also had epic fails. One tech guy that I know told me that in their shop the wireless card failing was the beginning sign of motherboard issues.

Its not your wireless card per se though. I speak from personal experience as my daughter's wireless connection died as well. I even replaced the card and it still didn't work. I also did everything you mentioned plus I followed HP's instructions. I even contacted them and the cost to fix was rediculous. They even said it most likely is a motherboard issue after I did everything they instructed to resolve the issue.

So to answer your last question: Yes, a USB wireless adapter will work. It did for my daughter and we hope this system will last us till she graduates this coming May.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv-6000-stopped-picking-up-wireless-networks.153254/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi all this is my first time here so hopefully i will be able sound on HP found dv6618ca Pavillion No to be successful for what i am here My problem is with my PC NOT having any SOUND at all The sound symbol No sound found on HP Pavillion dv6618ca on the right hand corner of the screen has an X mark over it and when i move the mouse over it it No sound found on HP Pavillion dv6618ca says quot No audio output device is installed quot This is what i tried to fix from reading all the other similar posts on net -I tried to restore my Pc to an Earliest point or b this problem occured and it didn t seem to fix the problem at all -I went to the HP software hardware site to install the audio software and it didn t work either once the installation was about to complete it would display a message saying quot Installation failed no MEDIA device is installed for this driver - I also read people saying go to Device Manager and update the Audio sound n so on thing BUT there is no Such thing as audio or such similar terms to click on and install update it -so i decided to REFORMAT my PC maybe that will fix it I even reformatted the PC BUT STILL NO SOUND -so i tried to go back to the HP s website to install the audio software and it gave the same message again I recently spend alot of money trying to get the fan fixed and new battery now i dont wanna end spending more on this sound I am hoping someone would really help me out and i really appretiate it thanks a bunch in advance nbsp

A:No sound found on HP Pavillion dv6618ca

It almost sounds as though Windows no longer detects a sound card....

Check your BIOS. Is there any setting Enable / Disable Onboard Audio?

Report on any BIOS settings, then Generate a Problem Device report

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate and attach a DirectX report

click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-found-on-hp-pavillion-dv6618ca.152090/
Relevancy 31.82%

I own a Hp Pavillion dv6700 laptop and recently it wouldn't turn on for more than a few seconds. I tried troubleshooting by removing the battery and turning it on just with the powersupply, no difference. Vice versa.

I purchased another charger to see if that would help. Despite trying different combinations with chargers, batter in/out, the computer still only turns on for a few seconds(nothing comes up on the screen) and then turns itself off.

Reading some other forums similiar to this problem has yielded no help.

Another thing - the port that I plug the power supply into it seems like the cord can move around a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6700-wont-boot-up-more-than-4-seconds.152014/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am at my wits end with this computer We received it yesterday at pm and tried Pavillion on "new" disconnected Winsock error/media HP refurbished for hours to get it connected to the internet with no luck Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion We have another laptop ipod touch PS and Wii all connected to the same router with no problems I have tried just about everything you can possibly imagine I even tried downloading a program that says it fixes winsock errors and it couldn t find anything wrong The computer has nothing on Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion it so any scans I have run turn up no problems The computer shows that the wireless card is working correctly and the computer can find all available networks just cannot connect When I try to go to a website and then troubleshoot I get this info Error attempting to validate the Winsock base providers Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed already tried a reset When you try ipconfig it shows quot media disconnected quot I don t know what to do anymore nbsp

A:Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion

We figured it out finally. We had to reset the router to factory settings and then connect the hp laptop first and now everything is online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winsock-error-media-disconnected-on-new-refurbished-hp-pavillion.151111/
Relevancy 31.82%

ok so i have a dv hp pavillion with win vista home premium actually the laptop is a series but that shouldnt matter to much just for some of you to pinpoint the problem more accurately First of all thanks for reading and trying to diagnose this wierd problem Problem is as states i originally found a problem with my laptop shortly turning it off one day the problem was that when i closed the lid on the laptop shortly after it would shut down as in not sleep but i could hear the hdd awkardly turn on hear the fan then it would kick off and power problem hp pavillion Laptop lid dv9000 i could hear the hdd loose power like if you were to unplug a from a usb connection passed it as a power issue and quickly went into the power settings to make sure that hybrid hybernation was turned off that sleep was the only option for lid Laptop dv9000 hp pavillion lid power problem closings and there were no timers on and everything is how it should have been and dismissed the problem once again shortly after noticing this problem it the power issue when i close the lid became more of an instant thing like it would try to sleep only to have the computer go into a state loosing power all together as i shut the lid or something to that effect so i thought that the lid option or some sys driver may have failed or became corrupt over several years of using my laptop so i decided to venture into the old manual and box get the system restore disks and proceed unfortuantely this didnt fix the problem either so i have elimenated several things so far one itts not the power options two its not the OS itself so i thought it may be something else and started to just shut the computer down when i had to close the lid but to my suprise even if i shut the comptuer down via the Fn Fx button or the start shutdown option and waited untill the computer fully shut down and then closed the lid it still did the same thing as i would close the lid it would power on only briefly then shut off as if it would totally loose power so now i am at a standstill and am asking for some help as i have no idea what this is other than the lid switch or something more familiar with these laptop models and it being something more of the internal hardware any help will work and i can post any type of diagnostic data needed thanks ps the laptop is officially a dv cl with a C D ghz processor gb of ddr mhz two hdds one has been replaced the os drive a gb wd black mb cache and the second is the factory installed hitatchi gb storage drive both independent from each other nbsp

A:Laptop dv9000 hp pavillion lid power problem

Have you tried restoring the laptop to the original purchased state? Or even doing a Windows Restore to an earlier time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-dv9000-hp-pavillion-lid-power-problem.146359/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey there everyone! I'm pretty new to this forum but i really need your help.

Earlier today i experience 2 different BSOD erros at different times, and for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure what the reason is for either of them since i just reformatted earlier today. I have the dump file for each of the BSODs. It is attached.

Could anyone possibly tell me what the problem could be? Thanks in advance

A:BSODs - (driver is mismanaging system PTEs, page fault in non-paged area)

nothing attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-driver-is-mismanaging-system-ptes-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.144785/
Relevancy 31.82%

Base System Device
PCI BUS2 Device 5 Function 2
PCI BUS2 Device 5 Function 3

Coprocessor
PCI Bus 0 Device 1 Function 3

Thanks In Advance

A:HP Pavillion DV6809WM - I Need Some Driver Referrels For Win7x64

Please give a lot more detail as to computer, configuration, and problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6809wm-i-need-some-driver-referrels-for-win7x64.144890/
Relevancy 30.96%

You re gonna love this one no ANY 6000 now HP display of gone. Disabled recognition driver, Pavillion graphics Lots of quirks along the way So get a laptop from my mom HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics It was her old one It had been wiped clean It came preloaded with Vista she put XP on it and got frustrated and gave it HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics to me All the drivers worked great except the graphics driver From searching it appears to be an NVidia Go series Believe I tried the full install from NVidia and the short driver install from HP the only one for this laptop no luck Keeps telling me no drivers are HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics recognized In my hissy fit I turned off the vgasafe in properties gt Settings gt Advanced gt Monitor Okay no graphics at all Runs great still I use narrator and go into the same settings but as I go through I hear my monkey man speak out that the resolution is x x with no options I continue to advanced where there s nothing The advanced button no longer works So I head to the run command and bring up the Device Manager to enable that way Display Adapter is gone completely I even did a walkthrough to enable from the display Device Manager I try all the boot modes my BIOS has no area for graphics settings Safe with out command sticks at mup sys The other modes leave me black screened I go back in try to install basic and NVidia drivers from a CDRom with Narrator s help again Still says no hardware for NVidia found and the other kept erroring out Here s the quirks I have no Win CD I just got it Ma trashed the disc when I took the laptop and it s XP Home which meant I needed to burn a disc before it died Even so it seems the Recovery solution hasn t worked in the very limited info I ve been Googling for the last hours Display adapter is completely missing Advanced button in the desktop settings doesn t go anywhere I would install my copy of Win XP Pro to get it going but from again the limited info this does not fix the problem either Is the only solution at this point to completely reformat with my own Win XP From there it still seems that the drivers never worked with XP even though HP says they do Am I stuck forever in cheesy blur mode if I stick with XP Thanks in advance hopefully there s some more detailed advice here than what I ve been able to find nbsp

A:HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics

it seams to me what you need to to do is reinstall windows vista and then go from there, if you have some money then go buy windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-6000-display-gone-disabled-driver-now-no-recognition-of-any-graphics.140595/
Relevancy 31.82%

hi my name is thomas has anyone come across this fault

hp pavillion dv 6500 blank screen

A:Hp pavillion dv 6500 blank screen

It is an issue that has been reported before. How old is your DV6500? And what is the model number from the label on the back?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv-6500-blank-screen.136141/
Relevancy 32.25%

My HP Pavillion Laptop has stopped booting. I only get the blue powerlights to flash briefly once. I have tried removing the battery, disconnecting the bios battery - all to no avail.

Following hp's troubleshooting guides, this points to a cpu failure - is it worth replacing the CPU (AMD) - or does the whole motherboard need replacing.

A:HP Pavillion DV6000 - Not Booting

There have been huge issues with that series of HP laptops... I suggest you call HP and discuss the problem. HP has recently admitted some of these problems and has accommodated some owners with repairs, even out of warranty repairs.

It is my understanding that it is a motherboard problem, and the CPU is fine... but my info is all second hand... so call HP and be persistent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6000-not-booting.135935/
Relevancy 31.82%

I recently had to replace the mother board in my HP Pavillion a620n because of a nearby lightning strike. The replacement was done by a certified technician. Now when I shut the PC down I must turn off the powe strip it is connected to, turn the power stip back on and then press the power button on the top right of the PC case.

Prior to the replacement all I had to do was press the power buitton. I have checked all power settings etc and they are correct.

When I turn the power strip back on the hard drive accesss light flickers, the DVD drive light flashes and the fan start. I then pust the power button and the computer boots.

A:Trouble with powering up HP Pavillion 1620n

The power supply is the first piece of hardware to be hit by a power surge. it also may have been damaged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-powering-up-hp-pavillion-1620n.131815/
Relevancy 24.51%

months of Multiple BSODs on a or computer BSODs Multiple 5 a - error? of on hardware new brand driver months brand new computer - driver or hardware error Mini dump 5 months of Multiple BSODs on a brand new computer - driver or hardware error? analysis help please Hi I m looking for anyone who can analyse mini dumps and help me determine the source of my problems The system has been giving me hell from the start The problem often manifests in different driver and memory errors - To my level of understanding the errors seem to be fairly unrelated When it runs well it s awesome and it really performs When it starts messing up that s it it might BSOD on every start up times in a row and then start working for no apparent reason I ruled out faulty PSU and faulty RAM and system always runs cool the hottest component being the fanless graphics card I have also run extensive tests on system hard drive Seatools returned no errors after firmware upgrade and long tests However DiskCheckup keeps changing its mind out predicted TEC date it jumps from Jan too Aug either of which is unacceptable and well within manufacture warranty Reinstalled windows countless times with different installation CDs So that leaves MOBO CPU GPU or maybe some software of driver issue I feel that it must be hardware related but I can t work out what it is on top of that the faults are often intermittent making trial and error testing unreliable I have collected many minidumps now but I can t work out if they are related or not has my comp dozens of problems or just a couple with variegated symptoms Questions Q Can anybody help me Q How should I post minidumps and info Hard drive questions Seatools return no errors I have been told that this is the definitive test for a faulty hard drive Q PassMark DiskCheckup keeps changing its mind out predicted TEC date Does this indicate a problem with my hard drive Q When ever I run chkdsk it says that it has found errors and is repairing them Does this indicate a problem with my hard drive GPU questions Video driver has supposedly caused some of the BSODs The drag and drop mouse marks don t disappear almost as if the screen is not refreshing Q Could these be signs of a faulty graphics card Thanks a lot I m beginning to go a little bit mad from all this troubleshooting dead Jane nbsp

A:5 months of Multiple BSODs on a brand new computer - driver or hardware error?

Here are some of the older dmp analyses:
View attachment 50542

View attachment 50543

View attachment 50544

View attachment 50545

View attachment 50546

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-months-of-multiple-bsods-on-a-brand-new-computer-driver-or-hardware-error.130950/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey could somebody look at my minidumps for me? I ran memtest over night with no errors, the crashes are all different I have reseated ram, removed one stick and tried in both slots then removed that stick and tried the other in both slots with the same results. nothing over clocked cleaned my case out reseated vid card and made sure all cables were snug I'm out of ideas short of buying new parts. I have no known goods to fall back on because this is my first pci-e rig. thanks

A:Random bsods, I upped minidumps and my belarc profile

I did not have time to sift through all your information... very complete! Thanks!
I did note, you are running XP SP3

Some of your Errors are summarized below... Suggestions at the bottom.

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)

This is a very common bugcheck.
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
PROCESS_NAME: GoogleUpdate.ex
IMAGE_NAME: sr.sysClick to expand...

Debugging Details: EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".
PROCESS_NAME: services.exeClick to expand...

Debugging Details: EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
IMAGE_NAME: win32k.sysClick to expand...

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: lotroclient.exe
IMAGE_NAME: ha20x2k.sysClick to expand...

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)

The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request. This may or may not be due to the caller. The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver verifier to a suspect driver.
PROCESS_NAME: pidgin.exeClick to expand...

One of your faulting processes is lotroclient.exe - a game... resource intensive.
One of your faulting processes was an IM client.
One was sr.sys ... which is system restore.
Other pointers are not very helpful (yet).

You say that
1. MEMTEST tested good.
2. nothing over clocked

Have you considered the possibility of Malware/Virus?
If you think this could be a possibility, then check...http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html.
Be sure to follow all the steps carefully.

I only looked at the most recent dumps.
Route44 or others may have additional suggestions, if I overlooked something, or if they find something in other dumps...
I will try to come back and look at this further sometime tomorrow.

Next Day - Further Review of Hardware / Software Report (Belarc)
I notice that you do have Spybot, but I am not seeing your Firewall or AV software.
These are crucial pieces for maintaining a healthy system when connected to the Web.
Unfortunately I see you are also running a Torrent (Filesharing) package. This software will open a hole through your firewall, and leave you fully exposed to whatever nasities are running on those with whom you are sharing files. This means that Filesharing programs introduce a constant threat to your security and stability. Please look at other threads here on Filesharing...

Because you are running torrent software, I would strongly recommend the 8 steps, (link noted above).
Especially since I do not see your av or firewall listed in the Belarc report.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-i-upped-minidumps-and-my-belarc-profile.129068/
Relevancy 25.37%

So after a long time of not posting, and still trying to figure out my BSOD's:
KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR
KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR 0X0000007A
and
A PROCESS OR CRUCIAL THREAD HAS BEEN ELIMINATED 0X0000004F

I have...
Ran several memtests (passed all multiple times)
Replaced my Corsair XMS RAM (Both 1gb sticks) (Thank you lifetime warranty)
Tried to find the errors in event viewer after almost every BSOD (no luck :[ )
Just about took a sledge hammer to my PC (usually twice a week)
And think it is perhaps a problem between my mobo (ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe), and my processor (AMD AM2 2200+)
If anyone has any ideas or knows of any other ways to narrow down BSOD error message origins, posting them would be fantastically helpful to me, thanks a ton.

A:Motherboard/Processor causing BSODs?

Have you tried a full clean format of your OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-processor-causing-bsods.128788/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hope this is the right section Hi I m quite new here and I wanted to know if I could upgrade the CPU and maybe the video card of my laptop Any help would be appreciated thanks My specs Time of this report Machine name OWNER-PC Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC BIOS Ver PARTTBL Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page dv6700 I Pavillion upgrade Can my laptop? HP File MB used Can I upgrade my laptop? HP Pavillion dv6700 MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GS Manufacturer NVIDIA Can I upgrade my laptop? HP Pavillion dv6700 Chip type GeForce M GS DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS CC C amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Driver Name nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll Driver Version English DDI Version Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- E-C C CA Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x CC C Revision ID x A Revision ID x A nbsp

A:Can I upgrade my laptop? HP Pavillion dv6700

I have found from personal experience that HP is decent on responding to upgrade questions. They should be able to tell you what can and cannot be upgraded and then buy the parts from a cheaper source.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-my-laptop-hp-pavillion-dv6700.127262/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi...
New here any help would be ridiculously appreciated!!

Here's my issue, I have a laptop that trys to boot then comes back with an error of an invalid partition table.

I have tried to re-format it with the operating system (XP Home) it gets to a point and the machine just shuts down. Won't re-format.

I have tried to run memtest86+ on it and it does the same thing, runs for a bit but then the machine shuts down. I did notice while running memtest that one of the categories.. Chipset stated it was disabled, is that a sign of a dead motherboard??

CAN I FIX THIS AT ALL??????

Please help

Jane

A:HP Pavillion dv8000 won't start

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

* Warning deleting the Partition will remove all User data and Windows system files

Can be done on HP or Dell as well Actually any Windows computer
Oh I removed your not required reply on the memtest guide too
Thanks Jane

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv8000-wont-start.126308/
Relevancy 21.07%

ok when i run the sticks of memory in my board memtest shuts down before it can even get to if i run them single they are fine got latest drivers and bios ok i forgot to add So and many memtest bsods errors errors and my buddy told me my PSU would be fine it is a antec tru power w i am running corsair dominator x g cm x - c d motherboard is Asus m a Deluxe evga xt mb video card now when i use cpu-id it says max bandiwdth at pc - mhz i think that program may not be reading it right not sure So many errors and bsods and memtest errors because i read i can run these sticks at if i just up volt to v any idea what could be the problem this is from event viewer Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer HAWAII Description Error code e parameter c parameter d e parameter b ba parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c d e c b b c a nbsp

A:So many errors and bsods and memtest errors

Try running it with one stick of memory. Do you get BSODs? Asus boards are quite well known about their pickiness about what RAN is used per board, the amount installed, and how it is configured.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/so-many-errors-and-bsods-and-memtest-errors.126139/
Relevancy 31.82%

Help! I've got a problem with my laptop keyboard. The touchpad works fine but every time I try using the keyboard, everything freezes. Even the volume control buttons on the side of the laptop won't work. Right now the keyboards are disabled, saying that they've been disabled since the drivers may be corrupt or missing. I've been using the on-screen keyboard, but it's so hard to type documents. I hope you can give me advice on how to resolve this. Thanks much!

BTW, my laptop's model is ze4908us (i mixed 8 & 0 on the title) ==sorry!

A:Keyboard problems (HP Pavillion ze4908us)

Hi rhaiven29, please first confirm that all your System Drivers are up to date
You can do this by going here and clicking on "Start Detection" button http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problems-hp-pavillion-ze4908us.124016/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi This will be my first but probably not last post here I recieved my new computer last Thursday and ever since I ve been experiencing BSODs in Windows There seems to be no obvious trigger it happens when running programs playing games installing software or even just browsing the web I ll give you some specs here Motherboad Gigabyte MA X-UD CPU AMD Phenom II GHZ CPU Cooling OCZ Vendetta II Memory MB Corsair XMS GPU ATI Radeon GB System drive GB SSD OCZ Vertex Storage drive GB WD Green PSU Corsair W PSU CMPSU-TXEU OS Windows XP -bit CPU-temp right now is degrees and this is after running prime with small FFT for mins GPU is at degrees When the BSODs started I proceeded by resetting CMOS reloading BIOS defaults and reinstalling Win XP But no difference Today I ve been running Memtest test and it made two passes with no errors Also did one pass with default tests which also passed without errors However when running - New - BSODs attached Random Minidumps computer Prime torture test in blend mode the workers fail New computer - Random BSODs - Minidumps attached within minutes New computer - Random BSODs - Minidumps attached regardless of running with or threads Running in Small FFT New computer - Random BSODs - Minidumps attached mode seems to be no problem at all Yesterday I tried using just one memory stick but once again got the BSOD when browsing the web I honestly have no clue how to move on from here Is there something else I can try Hope someone can shed some light on the situation I ll attach some minidumps been trying to understand them but to me it seems like there s a different error everytime nbsp

A:New computer - Random BSODs - Minidumps attached

Problem solved it seems, changed timings on memory from stock 5-5-5-18 to 6-6-6-18, and now prime 95 blend have been running for 1 hour with 4 threads and no errors!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-random-bsods-minidumps-attached.124170/
Relevancy 32.25%

I read the posting CM Lanman, explaining basicially the very same problem I'm experiencing with HP Pavillion zt3000 laptop. When I boot the computer up, all I get is a black screen, any help out there.

Michael

A:Problem with HP Pavillion zt3000

Can you boot all the way into Normal Mode at all (if there's a problem you may have to wait like ten mins) ?

Can you boot into Safe Mode successfully ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-hp-pavillion-zt3000.97260/
Relevancy 31.82%

Standby does not work since I installed the latest XP SP3.
When the 1230 goes into standby, the screen goes blank and the keyboard is locked. It will not quickly resume with an active screen regardless of which key is depressed. In order to recover, the power must be turned off, and then back on in order to continue. In effect, standby works like hibernate, even though hibernate is not enabled. Any ideas about the cause of this type of problem?
Does the BIOS have to be updated??

A:Standby problem with HP Pavillion ze1230

You could try removing SP3 and see if the computer returns to normal

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standby-problem-with-hp-pavillion-ze1230.120045/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi there I just happened to stumble upon this site thanks to Google It seems that this problem with the DC adapter jack is quite common on these computers which puzzles me when I try to - jack adapter HP pavillion bad DC zv5000 figure out why HP doesn t have the XC cable no longer available I have a zv series notebook and although it s done it s work it is still quite reliable for the kids If I knew about the XC cable years ago when the problem started I would have bought one in a hurry The problem initially wasn t a broken solder connection it was due to the jack HP pavillion zv5000 - bad DC adapter jack being tapered so I made a paper thin sleeve to go over the adapter end so it would prevent it from touching the plastic tip at least it lasted for a while - years Can anyone out there please let me know where I can obtain a XC cable or dock for this HP pavillion zv5000 - bad DC adapter jack computer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:HP pavillion zv5000 - bad DC adapter jack

Try Ebay. The problem with laptops is the fact that the metal/plastic connector that is around the power input gets shaved, bent, or broken. Your situation seems to be the shaved. The contacts arent touching fully and is not able to provide the correct ammount of power to the laptop. This could be either INSIDE the jack, or INSIDE the power adapters port. If it is the port, you should be fine going to walmart and picking up a universal power adapter for about 20 dollars. If it is the Laptops port, then you need to go to a radioshack or possibly order it from the manufacturer to re-solder on. Let us know what you can observe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zv5000-bad-dc-adapter-jack.118475/
Relevancy 32.25%

I just bought this HP Pavillion ZV5000, I knew there was trouble with it, but didnt know what, so here is whats happening, I turn it on, I can hear the HDD spin up, then it stops, all power lights stay on, then after about 4-5 seconds it spins up again, but I get nothing on my screen, no post at all, I've also tried using a regular monitor hooked into the back, still nothing, I've changed the RAM with known GOOD RAM, still getting the same result, anyone have any Ideas?

A:HP pavillion zv5000, cant get to work..

Welcome to TechSpot!

Take it back to where you got if it brand new as you said it is... Or call up HP and tell them the problem you're having. They might give you 48 hour swap out or overnight you a new system. Depends on where you got it from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zv5000-cant-get-to-work.85862/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all Summary Am having a custom-built PC that worked just great for the last months Then I started getting random issues BSODs mouse-keyboard freeze computer fails to shut-dowm after OS shutting down For the system freezes, Random six-month old BSODs, past Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system two weeks now the issues are getting more and more frequent No significant changes were made to the hardware or software Have run UltimateBootCD scans removed almost all hardware except bare bones CPU Mobo Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system nVidia graphcis card memory PS keyboard and mouse and power supply plus fresh install of Vista SP bit WinXP Pro with without any third-party drivers Once a freeze happens it is a lot faster to happen again even after a fresh reboot Freeze happens with bootable CD programs also that s why I did not list HDD and DVD drive into the bare bones list above -- if I have one of the two Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system I can start the system and issues happen Here s the current configuration see more freezes here than BSODs Intel Core Quad Q GHz Abit Fatal ty FP-IN motherboard No overclocking GB RAM passes UltimateBootCD tests EVGA GT PCI-x graphics card Antec EarthWatts W power supply Plain old PS keyboard and mouse USB mouse also has same results Vista SP -bit with and without latest updates Also tested WinXP SP Pro same issues Also bootable CDs result in the same issues Prior original configuration more BSODs than freezes GB RAM passes UltimateBootCD tests Windows Mem diags tests Two SATA GB s GB Seagate hard-drives pass all scans Windows BootCD One SATA Samsung DVD-RW One Sony PATA DVD-RW Curiously if I enable boot-up memory tests in Bios it fails for GB and keeps on rebooting Yet with bios RAM tests disabled Windows Mem diags and UltimateBootCDs all pass after - hours running Installed SpeedFan on otherwise fresh OS install Let it track and show temperature and voltage charts all the way till freeze happens There is no jump seen in either temperatures or voltages This is NOT tracking nVidia card temperature though which does get hot but not enough to prevent me from touching for several seconds Some folks suggest Power supply may be bad Also nVidia cards have over-heating issue per the news all over the place a few months back Abit motherboard company seems to be gone Everything except keyboard mouse and Sony DVD-RW is new and under warranty Just that I do not know quot what quot is bad Bought Asus P Q SE mobo to see if that helps But a google search before opening the box said that folks have similar problems with that Mobo too Please help nbsp

A:Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system

Found some place online to try disabling EIST and C1E CPU settings in bios. Did that, problems still exist.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-freezes-six-month-old-system.117245/
Relevancy 32.25%

First my parents unplugged a few things out of anger one day That was a year ago they ve keeps HP Pavillion to going sleep My monitor finally given me my computer back and I hooked everything back up inside no problem I went to turn in on and the monitor will start and then say going to sleep then start itself up again given you the option of normal mode or safe mode If you go into safe mode My HP Pavillion monitor keeps going to sleep you re fine if you go into Normal mode it goes through that process of monitor going to sleep and starting up again I thought maybe it was the tower because of me maybe missing something small in it that would cause something big Well I took it to a friend who went to school for that and he took the memory card out put it back in and hooked it up to his monitor and it ran perfectly fine in normal mode Woohoo Well I took it home and it s still doing it on my monitor so I can come to the conclusion that I narrowed it down to it s the monitor not the tower well I looked at the settings and it shows a recommended setting for a thousand some number x a thousand some number can t check at the moment or I would and then it says GHRZ when in safe mode the first numbers are smaller than the recommended but it meets the GHRZ it s actually so would that mean in normal mode it s not meeting that and that s why it keeps restarting the monitor like that When I restored the other day I was given an option of installing hardware for the monitor I clicked continue anyways I m now in the process of restoring and seeing more details about that and maybe trying no this time to see where I can t get But even if it were to fix the problem or it weren t could anyone suggest anything or explain anything more to me Thank you for taking your time to read this and thank you if you were to reply I really appreciate it nbsp

A:My HP Pavillion monitor keeps going to sleep

Update

I completely restore the PC to it's original self from the manufactoror I can't spell. And it's fine.. nothing at all wrong with it. Now. I installed my linksys wireless card fine, but when I put it in. that's when the monitor keeps restarting on me. when I take it out, it loads fine. BUT when my friend plugged it into his computer, it worked fine, with the lnksys card in it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavillion-monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep.117437/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I have done extensive research on my problem and I cannot find anyone else who is having the same thing I have done quite a bit of work on this and I SLI on nvidia Newer cause BSODs enable drivers have some interesting results to report The particulars of my rig I have also attached a sysinfo dump EVGA mobo- -k -nf X GeForce GT Newer nvidia drivers cause BSODs on SLI enable EVGA -p -n -TX and EVGA Newer nvidia drivers cause BSODs on SLI enable -p -n -ax AMD Athlon X watt PS XP Nforce X running latest driver I will spare you all of the bloody details and cut to the chase Using any nvidia drivers newer than the system will immediately BSOD when I enable SLI The BSOD window references NV mini sys Each card works fine in isolation- even with the latest drivers In fact I have been running on one card for months with no problems I un-installed each of these drivers in safe mode For all of this testing I had also un-installed all of the Nforce drivers as well So the ONLY nvidia thing installed was the display drivers Here are my findings Nvidia driver - worked - worked - DID NOT work - DID NOT work - DID NOT work So my rig is running right now fine and I have reinstalled the nforce drivers but I dont like being stuck on older drivers Here are some other things that I investigated - New BIOS for MOBO- nothing on EVGA- considered taking a month newer BIOS for the jetway t -sli but it did not seem relevant -no PCI latency setting in this BIOS Installed the utility to do it in software but I couldnt figure it out- seemed risky - found that there WAS another power connecter on my MOBO for SLI that I had not hooked up Thought that was it for sure but it made no difference - swapped the boards around Started with one and then the other -removed all other PCI boards from the system -no overclocking anywhere Although I did tweak the ram a little a long time ago but again the system is SOLID without SLI -I didnt scrub the registry of nvidia perhaps I should I scoured the web but I dont see anyone having issues with this Perhaps it is due to the sightly different cards I am running I called EVGA and they gave me some BS EVGA- upgrade the BIOS on your mobo- ME- OK what BIOS would that be for my EVGA mobo you dont have one on your website EVGA- ahh- ok dont worry about that Reinstall your drivers in safe mode I will say that this did put me on the right track so maybe I should not be so hard on them but clearly this was their pat answer for everything The next step was to reinstall OS of course So I am looking for ideas What did I overlook Is anyone else having this kind of issue with a similar rig Did something drastic change after Is SLI even worth it Thanks Stuart More Sys info System Information report written at System Name PHEONIX System Summary Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name PHEONIX System Manufacturer NVIDIA System Model AWRDACPI System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name PHEONIX Stuart Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hardware Resources Conflicts Sharing Resource Device I O Port x - x AF PCI bus I O Port x - x AF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce GT IRQ NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller IRQ NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator IRQ Ethernet Controller IRQ NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller IRQ NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller IRQ AMD ACPI-Compliant System IRQ SCSI RAID Host Controller IRQ NVIDIA Ge... Read more

A:Newer nvidia drivers cause BSODs on SLI enable

So after this long post... Your findings summerized

"EVGA motherboards are sensitive to Nvidia video drivers". Can we say that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newer-nvidia-drivers-cause-bsods-on-sli-enable.116059/
Relevancy 31.82%

My computer is less than a month old--so that is the good news The bad news is that upon turning it on last night the monitor is so dark that I can barely see the images I checked the brightness all says it is functioning well I have it hooked up to a regular monitor--which is actually how I intend to use it most of the time but this is nuts I haven t found anyone else with this problem I bought a second of these for my boyfriend who is taking it to Germany--his is fine and we compared the two computers settings--they are identical - Super-dim monitor HP Pavillion dv6910us There is no explanation other than the monitor is not working I hope it is something minor such as something I did and don t realize it otherwise I ll be taking it back and getting another computer since I just got the darn thing Any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks in advance Carolyn nbsp

A:Super-dim monitor - HP Pavillion dv6910us

If you tried another monitor on your computer it's fine, then there's something wrong with the new one. All computer manufacturer have a default 90 warranty on all hardware. Take it back to the store and either have them test it or replace it.

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/super-dim-monitor-hp-pavillion-dv6910us.115019/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello there 2.1 none? 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS -> (BSODs) BIOS I ve been (BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none? having unpredictable BSOD s ever since I built this computer They aren t very frequent but since I ve had two over days I want to track this problem down System specifications CPU Intel Core Quad Motherboard Gigabyte EP C-DS R RAM Corsair Dominator PC x Harddrive Seagate Barracuda gb GFX XFX GT PSU Corsair W The initial problem started just after I ran the computer I had a BSOD so I can Memtest to check for errors I got heaps of them so (BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none? I updated the BIOS and to my great surprise all the errors seeemed to have disappeared Afterwards I ran my computer and had few BSOD s a month Just yesterday I realized my RAM were running V so I bumped them to V as recommended but I got another BSOD today which was only shown for second and the computer restarted compared to my usual ones being constant Code BugCheck F bab d Probably caused by Unknown Image ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Old ones being Code BugCheck E c bfc f b bec b e Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp c Code BugCheck E c e d a fca Probably caused by ntkrpamp exe nt NtQueryPerformanceCounter Code BugCheck E c b fb e Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp c ab Now some of them point at the Nvidia driver After the first Nvidia BSOD I cleaned my drivers completely even Driver Cleaner Pro and updated to the newest drivers so I don t think it s a faulty driver problem It s very easy to conclude that it can be the GFX RAM motherboard CPU or PSU but seeing I can t afford to replace all this I need to find the exact culprit Thanks in advance - help is much appreciated nbsp

A:(BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none?

Update: Just today I noticed a faint "clicking" sound I believe is coming from the harddrive. It's probably just the usual sound of the harddrive, but it must've become louder since I can hear it.
Might a faulty harddrive be a part of it?

EDIT: For some reason this was only noticeable during the first 20-30 minutes of system uptime.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-bios-1-0-ram-errors-bios-2-1-none.114989/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I ran into another Problem I start my PC it boots but the display has a kinda bad it has now BSODs display and bad about cm wide - vertical strips of dots and the DOS text kinda vibrates which makes it almost impossible to read Here is the full BSODs and now bad display story My PC specs Asus A N SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon Geforce GT GB Kingston RAM GB Sata Seagate Hard-disk watt PSU I use my PC generally to play games My cousin and me have been playing PES PES PES and recently PES from long time but none of those heavy games like Crysis or Call of Duty some internet BSODs and now bad display surfing rarely movies nothing else A few months ago Chip-fan died and I replaced it with heatsink I regularly checked temperature levels and they were better than they were during fan-days One day just after login the PC freeze badly no mouse keyboard worked and then a Blue screen of Death came with this code C D B F F After restart it worked fine but over time they became more frequent but I kept ignoring them I got a new Gamepad those days sometimes after pressing reset button my PC won t boot I mean no beep or something would come and the light besides the power button won t blink But after starting again after - minutes it started fine One day I googled about the problem and thought that it was due to bad RAM so I ran this Memtest thing for about hours and it said that it has errors So I reinstalled Windows and no problem came for - days but after that same problem same BSoD with same code started to pop again and again Yesterday I put the RAM in a different slot and Moved the Sata HDD to other slot but the problem persisted Today I got the new FIFA and same BSoDs came twice but it started fine third time It installed I started my new match within minutes van Persie BANG GOAL from long range and as soon as players started to celebrate the PC freezed there and the funny sound went on again and again Different thing this time was that the screen had green dots in vertical lines about cm wide So I pressed the reset button and when it restarted again the same dots were there otherwise it displayed only till windows loading logo then it went black and light on the monitor panel started to blink I started it after minutes and those dots were still there and it would go blank again after windows logo I have tried to reset it again and again with no luck I tried the GFX card in second slot and the problem persists then I did more damage I tried another BIOS memory chip that small circular thing from my old gone PC the problem remains and a new problem popped I managed to read through the dots it said something like quot Checksum something quot and in the next screen quot Press something RAID Utility quot So far I have checked my Monitor on my Laptop and it is fine Any help from those genius people here would be very very appreciated Sorry for my lack of knowledge and bad English nbsp

A:BSODs and now bad display

The 'BIOS memory chip (that small circular thing) from my old gone PC' is a battery that supplies retention voltage to your CMOS (bios). The checksum error is because it now has no voltage and it 'forgets' things.

Put the original back in.

Your other symptoms sound more like your graphics card failing or driver corruption than anything else. Uninstall your graphics drivers from Add/Remove and reboot. You'll only have VGA. How does that perform?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-and-now-bad-display.114886/
Relevancy 32.68%

finally something to contribute a few years ago i bought one of those after thanks giving walmart laptop specials don t get me wrong its been a good one only paid mobile sempron gig hdd upgraded immediately to gb ram only burns cd s and plays dvds but ill soon fix that along with hdd found i may be able to upgrade CPU a Hp pavillion ze2000 little too maybe someone can confirm that anyway apparently some of these overheat and they recommend Hp pavillion ze2000 a new bios flash sp some how they think that the CPU fan running slows Hp pavillion ze2000 the computer down and somehow makes it overheat i did the flash because they recommended it and told me that it would make it work better after the flash the CPU fan hardly ever came on did it twice to make sure i did it right tech support told me to clean it I m very meticulous about my computers did it anyway as suggested and took a vacuumed cleaner to it which was kinda fun but wondered if i was going to zap it with static electricity from the vacuum it would get so hot that the palm rest would be more than just warm but kinda hot the touch pad would become very erratic but it never shut down on me i got a cool pad just so i could use my computer good investment though i do like it finally installed cpucool so i cold see what temp it was getting up to C with cool pad man searched around and found older bios sp ran the flash eureka it works now still a little warmer than i would like but fan on at approximately - C off at around C under regular load with cool pad much lower temp mid to high s they tried to get me to buy a new fan also works fine I ve only had one laptop but it seems that they run just a little warmer than equal desktop probably air circulation limitations sometimes i think they just go down a list of things that s why i was so happy to find this site experience but if anyone else has one of these its actually a ze wm if you look on the tag they did have one thing that did some good for me sp core speed adjustment download raises clock speed from multiplier x to like almost mhz multiplier x cpuid it fluctuates from one to the other I m thinking it lowers the clock speed to force cooling right anyway hope this helps someone out that is wrestling with tech support i wonder if i can put a fan in it with its own temp sensor can you do that with a laptop hmmmm thanks nbsp

A:Hp pavillion ze2000

Find your computer and bios here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze2000.114696/
Relevancy 26.23%

hey guys i basically have built a new pc and it just random gives me blue screens its really annoying me now and i dunno whats wrong.

the pc specs are:

intel q9650
280 gtx gpu
4gb dd3 Ocz reaper x
samsung ssd 32 gb for os
western digital 1tb for music and suff
asus p5e3 premium wifi mobo.

i got all the latest drivers and the blue screens that i have been getting are:

driver irq not less and somthing..

and

page file error.

i hope this helps.

A:Random BSODs Please Help Me

faulty hardware somewhere? usualy ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-please-help-me.111549/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, I randomly get BSOD's about IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I checked my IRQ's and I noticed a couple things...

High Definition Audio Controller is on the same IRQ as my Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS.

I also noticed another High Definition Audio Controller on the same IRQ as Nvidia Nforce Serial ATA Controller

Are these bad things to be sharing?

My specs:

EVGA Nforce 680i SLi LT Mobo
4x 1gb Adata DDR2-800mhz
EVGA Geforce 8800 GTS SSC edition
Intel Core 2 Quad q6600
Soundblaster X-fi PCI Expressx1
500gb Seagate barracude 7200rpm HDD (SATA)
52x LG Dvd rw/cdrw lightscribe drive (SATA)

Thanks for any help you can offer.

A:IRQ Sharing... BSODs

What operating system are you running? Are you running in SLI mode now? Do you notice what you are doing when the BSOD's happen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irq-sharing-bsods.107673/
Relevancy 25.8%

I did a complete rehaul of my PC about months ago and I ve been experiencing all types of BSOD s and random system crashes The crashes are usually a lockup that results in my audio replaying like a broken record and occasionally a completely random restart without BSOD The crashes do not occur just when I play games A few weeks back when I d boot up Windows it and BSODs Crashes Random would find new Hardware PCI Device I tried reinstalling Mobo Drivers and it fixed the problem but it actually increased the frequency of the BSODs BSODs and Random Crashes and crashes I also had problems updating my BIOS when I originally installed my mobo It wouldn t allow my PC to boot into Windows unless I used the default BIOs Here are the errors I find in BSODs and Random Crashes event manager starting from most recent The Application Layer Gateway Service service failed to start due to the following error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion Timeout milliseconds waiting for the Application Layer Gateway Service service to connect Error code f parameter parameter bab d parameter parameter The HTTP SSL service failed to start due to the following error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion Timeout milliseconds waiting for the HTTP SSL service to connect Error code parameter c a parameter parameter a parameter The Application Management service terminated with the following error The specified module could not be found Error code a parameter d d parameter c parameter parameter bff Error code d parameter parameter parameter parameter ba Error code e parameter c parameter bfa eca parameter b b a parameter I ve tried reinstalling mobo drivers graphics drivers and sound card drivers I ve tried running Windows Memory Diagnostic with multiple passes but it shows no faulty memory however when I send error report to Microsoft it says that it suspects faulty RAM My system specs are as follows Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version SP Intel R Core TM CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GTS Superclocked MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card ASUS P N-E SLI LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - Linksys Wired Gigabit Network Adapter Linksys Wireless-G GHz Router Motorola SBS SURFBoard Cable Modem Mad Dog MegaSTOR x Triple Format DVD Burner Comp-USA x DVD-ROM Drive Creative Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Soundcard Can t tell you the power supply model off hand but its w and appears to be running smooth I also use three different internal hard drives Seagates and a Maxtor OS is running on a Seagate I have dual boot Vista XP with XP on as my main OS Crashes also occur when running on Vista with minimal software installed just Norton Internet Security NOD Deamon Tools keyboard drivers mouse drivers video and sound drivers etc most recent Minidumps are attached to this thread along with a copy of DxDiag txt nbsp

A:BSODs and Random Crashes

Check that you're running the RAM at the correct voltage. You're getting a lot of memory errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-and-random-crashes.97355/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a HP Pavillion DV1000. Since last 2 days, it is giving me starting problem. When it does not start, then i remove the battery out and then put it again, repeat this process several times and sometimes that works.

I have 2 batteries, sometimes i keep changing on batteries and that also works. My both batteries are working fine, the only issue is laptop does not start by pressing the 'on' button the first time.

Once the laptop starts, then it will not shut down till i give shut down command.

What can be the problem?

A:HP Pavillion DV1000 starting problem

how does it behave if you start with power supply only - no battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv1000-starting-problem.106746/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi - virgin post so hope it s in the right place Had to replace Maxtor SATA dead Dell after (clicking) 8400 HD BSODs replacing GB HD after it started clicking and BSODs Now using TrekStor SATA GB HD but after installing Win XP it crashed at the very end of the install XP install seems fine and has continued blue screening every few minutes since though works fine in Safe Mode and also has passed every one of the Dell Diagnostic tests full version Have installed Dell 8400 BSODs after replacing dead (clicking) HD the latest drivers at far as I know for chipset etc but still frequent BSODs Have a selection of minidump files - unsure how to analyse them - not always the same message - sometimes involving iastore sys sometimes not Recommended to this site though I m not a techie prepared to have a go Machine months outside yr warranty - what a pain Would really appreciate advice on what to do next - have spent days researching to no avail nbsp

A:Dell 8400 BSODs after replacing dead (clicking) HD

Is this a 2004 system? Have you tried updating the motherboards bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-8400-bsods-after-replacing-dead-clicking-hd.105425/
Relevancy 25.37%

hello
Last week i assembled a new computer for myself. the specs are as follows:

asus p5k pro
intel quad q6600 2.4
2 gb ddr2 800 team elite
disco sata 350GB 16mb western digital
asus gforce 8800gt 512mb
gravador de dvd nec sata

when i first started the computer, and started installing windows i got a bsod, after the reboot all went well, but when i started installing drivers, i started getting BSOds after each install.
it became a padron: each time i install a new program, a new driver, or a new hardware (like a usb pen) i get a BSOD, but after that i can use it without a problem. i did some memory tests, but no problem was found.
can anyone help me?

A:Lots of bsods, cant find the reason

That P5K Pro board has been infamous for disliking certain memory modules. See if the memory you have is on the ASUS recommended list.
I assume you have checked your Device Manager and there are no yellow or red flags there. If not, please do so.
BSOD's are most frequently driver related. But can be caused by memory the motherboard does not like, or a unacceptable video graphics card.
I would start by trying one memory module at a time, or running the free MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes, whichever is shorter.
Alternately, try different standard memory modules such as Crucial, Kingston, Corsair, OCZ, Infineon.
For video graphics, try going back to a slightly earlier version of the Driver, or go to a different source to get it.
Good luck. Please keep us posted about the change that fixes it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lots-of-bsods-cant-find-the-reason.105159/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I would appreciate any tips.
My daughter has a HP Pavillion a1210.uk desktop. I have upgraded my machine and have donated to the HP my spare ram, processor and pci e Nvidia 6600gt.
The ram and processor are fine but.
I have updated the bios.
Disabled the onboard Ati ane enabled PCI e. I have loaded the latest drivers but am unable to get anything but the very lowest resolution .
Any Ideas. Have put it back to onboard graphics for the moment to make it usable.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-get-6600gt-to-run-in-hp-pavillion.102062/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, im having bsods again and again after what i thought that my 1st ram slot was faulty and i did not use it and i reformatted. Worked well for around 2weeks and wham!, blue screen in my face. bad pool something, irq not less or equal, page fault in non paged area and i believe there were others i could'nt see fast enough. I still could'nt run memtest as i do not have a floppy and i could'nt burn it to a disc properly (burn process failed everytime, wished i know why) Could really use some help as i wish i could buy a new pc and roll this stuff down a cliff to vent my frustration. thanks for the previous help though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods.100753/
Relevancy 27.95%

third attempt to post I recently bought a brand new Hewlett Packard computer It prompts you Hewlett Hp full." error Packard "recovery Pavillion drive message dv2500 to back up your files and gives you the option of selecting the backup drive d or writing to dvd I selected writing to the backup "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 drive The system "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 tried to backup my files but sent an error message recovery drive full It continues to prompt me to backup my files I solved this problem by going to the HP website clicking on troubleshooting and entering the details of my computer I then found an FAQ somehow The page explained that I had been wrong to select the d drive to back up my files how foolish of me to choose one of two options "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 offered It said that the D drive was only small I must delete the file already created there and then change the settings to create a backup onto a dvd drive instead You delete the backed up copy of the file by going to start computer HP recovery d where the first folder you will find will be one with the name of your computer eg in my case Anna-PC You then delete this file You then go to start and type backup in the search box Select backup and restore center then change settings then change backup settings then give your permission to continue then select DVD rw drive e which describes itself as on a hard disc cd or dvd I wondered if there had been some sort of design error Why did they give me that option if it was not a good place to save a backup I would have thought there was little point of making a backup on the same pc you are backing up anyway Had they intended people to back things up there but not allowed enough space gb is quite a lot of space after all Many people must have stored less than gb there in blissfull ignorance that it is the wrong place I am rather mystified nbsp

A:"recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500

Actually what concerns me more is, I wonder if you have deleted files in your recovery partition.
It's usually hidden from inside Windows, so I expect no. But by chance did you receive a Windows CD or just a recovery partition (because the recovery files may now be gone)

As for the location, think of it this way, it will show all areas that you can backup to. I think even the floppy drive (if you have one) this is to give you the full choice, instead of putting restrictions on your own computer (which most don't like)

That's why.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovery-drive-full-error-message-hewlett-packard-pavillion-hp-dv2500.99700/
Relevancy 32.25%

I got my hp pavillion dv9419us like 3 months ago and two days ago i spilled coke on it it worked for like 2 weeks but now it turns on then off again

A:My hp pavillion dv9410us turns on then off

The acid, not to mention the sticky sugar, isn't good for your computer and has probably eaten through some of your metalwork (printed circuits, tin-solder, etc).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavillion-dv9410us-turns-on-then-off.99229/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have it plugged in but it won't power on?
On the back of tower is a small flickering green light
What's happening?

A:Hp pavillion desktop a520n won't power up

If that light is flickering, it is likely that the power supply has burned out, and must be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-desktop-a520n-wont-power-up.97923/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey I just recently build a new computer and I am having some problems with it I ve searched around the forum and found that many of Need New beeps. help. Long BSODs, Computer, you can identify a problem by reading minidump files so I have attached a few Any help is appreciated especially if anyone can read these dmp files which I can t figure out how to read So first my specs nothing is overclocked yet Motherboard ASUS P New Computer, BSODs, Long beeps. Need help. N-E SLI Processor Intel Q Quadcore Memory Crucial Ballistix gb ddr Hard Drive Seagate gb mb cache Optical drive Asus x DVD - R Graphics eVGA GT mb OS Windows Vista Home Premium bit Problem I have been having a few problems with this computer One of them being a long beep after I hit the power button I read that this is a sign of bad RAM so I downloaded memtest and memtest I have been getting lots of BSODs lately Mainly when I am playing COD but also at random times when I m on firefox BSODs IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS MEMORY MANAGEMENT PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA I have also got a CMOS Checksum error when booting up What I have done I have ran tests in memtest memtest and Windows Memory Diagnostic I have reseated EVERYTHING I have tried memory voltages ranging from - v I have tried both sticks alone in all sockets I have tried the timings at - - - what they came at I have tried setting the timings to - - - what it says on newegg I have reinstalled windows several times I have made sure to get the proper graphics drivers from guru d com I have stress tested with Prime I have ran SuperPi multiple times I have cleared CMOS I have ran chkdsk Results of tests This is what is really confusing me Memtest IMMEDIATELY reports the following on both sticks stick at a time Error Confidence Value Lowest Error Address - mb Highest Error Address ffffffff - mb Bits in Error Mask fffc Bits in Error - total min max avg Max contiguous Errors ECC correctable errors Errors per Memory Slot Test Errors I thought it might just be memtest screwing up so I downloaded memtest memtest will go on for hours and make more than passes without error However one night I left it on and when I woke up it reported errors Windows Memory Diagnostic never reports any errors So I am totally confused about my memory one tester reports lots of errors immediately one sometimes reports errors and one never reports errors I ran prime once overnight and when I woke up it reported error I would have attached the stress txt file but I can t find it anywhere so I guess I will never know what that error was SuperPi runs fine I will run it again and post the times if needed Temperatures Temperatures seem to be fine according to speedfan Cpu is around c idle and about under load Gpu is about idle right now and high s under load Hope someone can help Thanks Oh one thing I should add whenever I try to update vista I get the error code D E I ve googled this code and cannot find an answer but find many other people with the same problem What s weird though is sometimes I will restart and before I get to the log in screen I see a configuring updates page for about minutes So maybe I am getting the updates nbsp

A:New Computer, BSODs, Long beeps. Need help.

I scanned over your post. What I see here is the need for you to exchange your ram for something more compatible. And your ram seems to be faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-bsods-long-beeps-need-help.95685/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I bought a new comp a few months ago with following specs while :( BSODs/CTDs gaming. Intel Core duo E Ghz GB kingston RAM GB MSI P N SLI Nvidia GTS MB GB WD HDD Initially a few games NFS Most wanted and Doom at max gaphics used to crash to the desktop or occasionally give out a BSOD BSODs/CTDs while gaming. :( STOP msg F or I switched the RAM sticks and used them individually and found out that one of them was faulty coz with i didn t have any persistent problems but i did have the occasional CTD BSOD but very rarerly with the other one I got the faulty stick exchanged and i still experienced the crashes BSODs with both of the sticks installed I then just stuck to using the single stick that was working fine and had no problems till a few days ago when I ran DiRT runs fine at full detail and i get a BSOD PAGE FAULT at NON PAGE AREA Now most of my other games also crash with a BSOD after a few minutes I m guessing the single proper RAM stick also has gone faulty What i wanted to know was if they were becoming defective coz of BSODs/CTDs while gaming. :( a heating problem or if theres a problem with my motherboard I still haven t run memtest yet which i will soon I have attached a dump of the F STOP msg Can anyone throw some light on the issue nbsp

A:BSODs/CTDs while gaming. :(

Try updating the sound drivers. That dump crashed at a sound driver with a (usually) hardware related bugcheck. Post some more dump files if it continues to crash.

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : RtkHDAud.sys ( RtkHDAud+7b04f )
Image name: RtkHDAud.sys Timestamp: Wed Nov 15 14:34:28 2006 (455AB4F4)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-ctds-while-gaming.89263/
Relevancy 25.37%

Well, my pc BSOD's basically whenever I touch it or move it at all, and sometimes, often times, I'll just come home to a bsod. And often, I will have to boot the pc up 11 or 12 times before it will actually boot up and quit crashing in the middle. Also, I know when my pc is going to crash sometimes, because sometimes it literally chirps. Little chirps at around 1.5 second intervals, then it crashes.

I've included the bsod below... id prefer if my pc did not do that, especially fail to boot so many times. I've ran chkdsk, and its found stuff, but that takes about 20-30 min and i dont want to have to keep doing that. Any advice would be great.

A:bsods, repeated boot crashing...

Start troubleshooting this by opening the case and cleaning out all the dust and debris and check all the connecting wires to be solidly plugged in to where thay are

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-repeated-boot-crashing.86728/
Relevancy 32.25%

My laptop is running extremely hot I believe and thus results in system shut down. Please advise me of what to do. Thanks.

A:HP Pavillion dv8000; 55+ Celcius

Make sure that the cooling fans are operating as they should, or at all. Use some compressed air to blow any dust out of the fans and heatsinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv8000-55-celcius.84686/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have an HP Pavillion dv9074cl which I bought with no OS. It came with 2 100 GB sata HDs. I am trying to install Windows XP Pro but it requires raid drivers before it can "see" the HDs. I have an external USB floppy drive so that's not an issue, but I have not been able to find drivers that work. Help?

A:Installing XP on an HP Pavillion dv9074cl

This doesn't sound right... All you should need is the Nvidia Chipset driver for the hard drive controller. You might need other XP drivers like video, modem, network and such...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-xp-on-an-hp-pavillion-dv9074cl.84224/
Relevancy 32.25%

I just recently purchased a samsung ltn154x1-l03 to replace it with my cracked phillips lg lp154w01 cause it says it was compitable. I put it in and i am not getting any response with my computer it doesn't light up or anything, yet when i put my cracked one in it works. PLEASE HELP i dunno what to do....

A:HP Pavillion Zv5000 LCD Screen

What "it" says it was compatible. How did you ascertain the new screen was isntalled directly? Did you also install inverter for new screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zv5000-lcd-screen.79746/
Relevancy 32.68%

has black screen cannot loadup
tried to reinstall windows asks if repair or new install try new install, message appears
Setup did not find and hard disk devices installed on your computer

its there but where
regards Motherearth

A:Hp Pavillion DV1000

I would boot into BIOS. See if the Hard Drive is recognized there.

I can walk you through the booting into BIOS procedure if you need me to.

Good Luck

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv1000.75883/
Relevancy 26.66%
Q: BSODs

Soyo P X with onboard audio MB Ram Gb Storage ADSL When this problem first started BSODs I was using the onboard sound system CMI C DX PCI Audio Driver Later I changed the sound card See below My original problem occurred when my wife was playing Spades or Hearts on Microsoft s Zone And this is BSODs the only time the problem has ever occurred The sound generated by playing a card would go away then the speakers would at a regular interval make a sort of clicking noise The game would continue with the sound messed up but then when the game was closed I would get a BSOD mentioning the CM Audio System If I minimize the Zone game I can check my email play solataire or anything else I have tried and everything except the sound works until I close the Zone game I tried several versions of audio drivers all to no avail My wife BSODs has inquired of several people on the Zone if they have any problems such as this and no else has I removed the onboard sound hardware from the Device Manager told it not to use it in this configuration then purchased an AOPEN AW sound card thinking I would get a different driver with it It came with the same Cmedia driver CMI C DX And the problem has changed slightly Now when the problem occurs again only while playing Hearts or Spades the noise is slightly different but with the same results Close the game get BSODs a BSOD If I remember correctly I have had BSODs mentioning the Audio System since I installed the AOPEN sound card but now the CMI audio system is not indicated in the latest BSODs The Stops I have written down are listed below Ox E xC xF E xF DE x Bad Pool Caller x C x x x x E x x AA xF C xF I have run memory test for hours swapped all memory modules into different slots run more memory tests for hours all with no errors I have minidumps from the BSODs and spent some time trying to decipher them to no avail If someone could analyze them maybe I would have a clue as to what to do I did a Repair on XP and that did not help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods.74942/
Relevancy 32.25%

Right my auntie has a HP PAVILLION 1450 and she has previosuly had teh ssue that the light on the back ( on the psu ) flashes, after opening the case and removing the cables and replacing them it has worked, shes had to do that twice now. But it was only happening when it had been without power ( unplugged) Today she came to use it, after it had not had the power turned off and it wont fire, have tried removing the cables ad its not having it, i think taht its complely knackered now. any ideas if it is, shoudl i just replace it?

Max

A:HP PAVILLION 1450 - Possible PSU problem

Just replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-1450-possible-psu-problem.72041/
Relevancy 27.95%

I am having problems with a recently perchased HP Notebook It is a HP Pavillion ZT Ghz Pentium M Mb ram I upped the ram a week ago Gb HD I have been using this note with out insident for a month now I shut it down on tuesday night and put it away On friday night I set it up but it won t complete the boot cycle It will kick on the 3000 boot zt Pavillion problem" "major HP fan and the screen will glow you now that look of being on with HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem" a black screen there are no colors or icon at all The HD will spin up and chatter as normal for about - seconds but then the screen powers down the HD stops spinning The computer just sits there power light on fan buzzing but no HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem" more noise no progress I tried re-seating my ram chips and my HD no change I am at a loss for what it could be I have had no problems to speak HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem" of since buying this unit What could it be More important what can I do to fix this Please help CM Lanman nbsp

A:HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem"

CM_Lanman,

Did you ever resolve the issue? My daughter recently received the same model from a relative, (HP Pavillion zt3000), and the same thing happened to her. It appears the battery is charged and the computer is operational, but the screen is dark. I can lighten or darken the screen, but that is it.

Thanks, Psychicbud

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zt-3000-major-boot-problem.32559/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have been getting seemingly random BSODs and deep freezes lately. They are not totally random, i.e. they happen after starting or exiting programs, but not always. Only sometimes. I might run a program and get a deep freeze, and then upon reboot, running the same program again does nothing. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Thanks. Following is my minidump.

A:Random BSODs

Your minidump crashes at ntkrnlpa.exe and references verclsid.exe as the owning process.

The verclsid.exe file is known to cause problems and could be the cause of your problems too.

See HERE and HERE for more info.

Obviously, it`s difficult to be sure from just one minidump, but it is a known issue and therefore is worthy of further investigation.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods.66024/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey everyone. I've had the t500.uk for awhile and i find that it's great but i was wondering does anyone know if it's possible to get another cpu onto it??

Thanks for your help

A:hp pavillion t550.uk Cpu

I believe your system has a pentium III chip. am i correct? if so, look for the top of the line pentiium III chip online, and this should be fine for your system. also, please check whether your system takes the chip or the slot-type cpu. this is very imprtant to make sure it will fit and work. please respons if u need more help. thanks and welcome to techspot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-t550-uk-cpu.65303/
Relevancy 26.23%

Dear Forum
I'm getting BSODs almost every day, and my wife is starting to complain.
Can anyone help interpret and resolve the problems.
I have attached a few of the recent minidumps. I think they might be caused by different problems.
Many thanks.
ErikP

A:Daily BSODs

One crash by "symevent.sys", a Symantec file. One by "rdbss.sys", a Windows File, another by "ndis.sys", also a Windows Files.
Two by "lpx.sys", which I can't find any info about.
Try uninstalling Symantec products, and try a free alternative like Avast, AVG,etc. If that doesn't fix it then open command prompt (start-run-cmd), and run sfc /scannow to check system files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/daily-bsods.58657/
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok before you all laugh at my PC I have a small problem I have tried to upgrade the RAM on this PC but Im having little luck the story so far gt gt gt gt gt I have a older but still going strong HP Pavilion that I accuired for free and Ive resurrected it and to be honest its a little darling Problem Pavillion HP 7950 of a HP Pavillion 7950 Problem PC but only had mb of RAM so I ordered some more another mb from Crucial and I came up against a bit of an odd problem If I put the and into the slots I only have I get on stop errors and also beeps to say somethings awry Anyway I have tried every single way of trying the RAM different sized RAM in different slots and all sorts now a friend said it maybe down to the fact that the RAM needs to be two sizes of the same stuff ie only and not and I have heard this before but how true is this with a HP Pavilion HP Pavillion 7950 Problem as crucial didnt say that may be the problem they have never heard of this before Just wandered if anyone wants to take a stap at this I will have another turn up on Mon or Tues so I will know for certain then Today I inserted the RAM and and guess what the PC boots to first screen where it shows installed and thats it I mean it woont go any further it justs stays there and thats it I take out and alls fine again HP and crucial reckon is fine to run on this PC any ideas as my hair is getting thinner Thanks People nbsp

A:HP Pavillion 7950 Problem

Hello there. Have you read this?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic47210.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-7950-problem.54430/
Relevancy 31.82%

Device manager sees the pcmcia port and says its ok. when i slide a wireless card in, (or any card) it doesnt see the card, yet it says the port is ok?

any ideas?

A:Pavillion ze4125 pcmcia problem

Try uninstalling the port in device manager then reinstall it. If that doesn't work then the pcmcia contriller could be bad, I had one go on my old dell Latitide.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pavillion-ze4125-pcmcia-problem.52741/
Relevancy 31.82%

So I've been having this problem with this laptop for about a day now. I bought it from a sale and it had no HD. So i Ordered the Hd, caddy, and hard drive connector bar. I connected it all up and I was getting a PX-E61 error saying that my hd wasn't connected (nor showing up in bios). So i tried pulling the whle thing apart and reconnecting and came to found that the laptop went to reboot and no all the lights come on and stay on and it shuts down after a few secs w/ no pic on the screen at all. I've tried pulling everything off, but it still won't boot. Is my mobo fried ??? Please help.

Matthew

[email protected]

A:Hp Pavillion ZE4400 Laptop won't POST

Try reseting the BIOS, you can do that removing the battery for 5 minutes and try to install the HDD again. I had to do that when I installed a new hard drive.

Good luck!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze4400-laptop-wont-post.51491/
Relevancy 32.25%

I looking to upgrade my Laptop ,, I would like to put a athlon 2200xp in place of the athlon 1400xp that came with the unit.... can someone tell me if this upgrade is possible and then give me the steps to do so.. thankyou

A:Upgrading HP Pavillion ZE 1210

Welcome to Techspot!
You should really look at the upgrade path available at the Manufacturer's web for your model.Laptops do not easily take to hardware changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-hp-pavillion-ze-1210.50656/
Relevancy 31.82%

PC Specs:
Intel Celeron 330 2.66 GHz, 533 MHz Front side bus, Socket mPGA478
Chipset 845GV
MSI MS-6577 V.4
512 MB PC2700 184 pin, DDR SDRAM

Have been running this Pavilion just fine until last week when I hooked up a projector to the on board vga. It worked fine the first few times, but then once, when I unplugged the projector cable, suddenly the PC froze. And now when I try to boot, the system powers on (meaning the LEDs are lit, the optical drives & the fans are working too) but, there's no display in the monitor.. no beeps. So basically the system isn't booting..

I tried adding a new vga card, a new power supply and even RAM but none of them seem to be the problem.. so what do u think might be wrong? is it possible the motherboard is fried? or could it be the processor?

Thank you in advance for any helpful responses..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-a708n-no-screen-on-startup.46728/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a serious problem. My computer keeps crashing over, and over again. The errors it's thrown are listed below. I've googled them but am confused as to what the problem really is. All I know is I'm about to lose my mind because I can be surfing, chatting, or gaming and my PC will just crash for no reason whatsoever and most of the time it's without any warning given.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PAGE_FAULT_NON_PAGED_AREA

BAD_POOL_CALLER

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

BAD_POOL_HEADERClick to expand...

I've replaced my sound card, my gfx card, and updated my BIOS so what gives? I've been told it might be my RAM, my power supply, my cpu, ore my mobo so I dunno what to do. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

A:multiple BSODs on my system

this always works for me!!!

Have you tried a reformat. It helps me out all the time, just reformat your harddrive and see what happens. A new format and clean install of your OS will do wonders. :hotbounce

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bsods-on-my-system.43707/
Relevancy 25.8%

STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8058ADE2, 0xB8C8396C, 0x00000000)

Actions taken thus far:

1) reinstalled Windows XP SP2

2) replaced HDD and reinstalled Windows XP SP2

3) new Kingston 256MB - Memtest86 still gave the same errors

4) replaced video card and used different monitor

5) new CDRW and new data cables

6) new 400 w P/S

7) brand new P3 866 CPU with different fsb and multiplier from Celeron 900

8) replaced motherboard with another ASUS P3V133 - more errors on Memtest86.
Now Windows XP will not complete pre-installation file loading.

Inasmuch as there is little else to replace except me, I am considering the possibility that either the slotket has failed, or the original motherboard may have had a faulty voltage regulator that may have damaged the L2 cache for both CPUs.

I'll buy one more P3 CPU before I let this machine beat me.

A:repeated BSODs at the same address

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315335
Theres a chance that your particular mobo isnt compatable with the RAM or your RAM settings arent right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods-at-the-same-address.42856/
Relevancy 25.37%

I decided to continue this thread over here in quot CPUS Chipsets and Mobos quot since it is II Fun and Mobos, Part HDs) (BSoDs, Stuff: becoming apparent to me that Windows XP is not the source of my troubles at least not this time A brief overview of the previous topic follows When I have two WD GB Raptors plugged in and running I get BSoDs every few hours telling me that windows Fun Stuff: Part II (BSoDs, Mobos, and HDs) is shutting down to prevent system damage Upon rebooting I would get an quot NTLRD is missing quot error To fix this error I simply reset the BIOS with the jumper on the motherboard After a few days of this I decided to experiment and unplug my second Raptor After getting a BSoD early in the morning and rebooting to the quot NTLDR is missing quot I powered down unplugged the Raptor and booted up into Windows without any problems Someone in the previous thread suggested that I try a new SATA cable on my second Raptor but after putting the new SATA cable in and running my computer for about an hour I received a BSoD that mentioned quot DRIVER RQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot and something about an quot NVATA quot With that I unplugged the second Raptor and left it that way Things seemed to go well from that point forward although some strangs things happened such as me leaving the computer for a few hours and coming back to find that it had rebooted itself The first BSoD that I have witnessed after removing my second Raptor just recently occurred as I was sitting down surfing the Net The BSoD only stayed a few seconds before rebooting but it mentioned quot KERNAL STACK INPAGE ERROR quot or some such Upon rebooting I was greeted not by the usual NTLDR error but by quot DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot I decided to reboot and go into the BIOS and noticed that my first Raptor was now not being detected I powered down and then back up and everything was back to normal After a File System Consistency Check on C Windows rebooted and is currently running normally for now I am beginning to think that perhaps my motherboard is at fault and not my hard drives but I cannot really tell with any certainty If anyone has any ideas what is going on I would really love to hear them thanks Relevant Information OS Windows XP Home Edition Mobo ASUS A N-SLI Premium Proc AMD FX- HDs GB WD SATA Raptor x No Raid Vid eVGA GTX x RAM Corsair PC Gig Stick x nbsp

A:Fun Stuff: Part II (BSoDs, Mobos, and HDs)

Without knowing anything more than what you have reported I would suspect one of the two below to be the cause of your troubles:

1. What kind of PSU are you using? A weak or poor quality PSU will cause system problems that manifest themselves in strange ways.

2. Have you loaded the latest drivers for the mobo? Try the following:
Remove all the Nvidia drivers (including display) via the windows add/remove programs utility, restart in safe mode and run DrivercleanerPRO then restart and install the latest Nvidia driver set. Also, if you do this, do not load the Nvidia Armor Firewall. See if that stabilizes things.

Good luck mate and great flash movies BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fun-stuff-part-ii-bsods-mobos-and-hds.40208/
Relevancy 31.39%

After following the OEM instructions by the book I still get a blinking cursor after POST.

- The Seagate copy util worked without any error dialogs.
- The bios sees the drive, POST has a line correctly indicating the drive.
- Jumpers are installed per the manual, the jumper loc is the far left position (Master ) for the 120GB and it is plugged in using the 'master' plug.
- I have used the Seagate util to reset the MBR.
- Tried the size-limit jumper located in the far right jumper location-
Response: cursor reacted the same way just blinked. System would not proceed and boot up.

Win XP, current on patches.

-Bios PhoenixBios 4.0 at 6.0.K
-Drive: Seagate ST3120026A Ultra ATA
-Previous drive: ST360020A Ultra ATA
Double boot using GRUB and SUSE 8.0
-CMOS set to AUTO.

Previous drive Seagate 60 GB worked fine, just got full.

Any ideas?!?

George

A:Install problem Seagate 120GB into HP Pavillion XT938

With the Seagate utilities did you just copy all the files from the 60 or did you "clone" it ? ? ?
If not you can re-do the entire operation by returning the 60 to it's master position with the new one as slave...

Another thing to consider when working with cloned drives and i have learned the hard way in the past.
After a clone operation it is a good idea to install the newest cloned drive as master with no other HDD's connected and make sure it boots a few times successfully without any other HDD's in the system.
At that point it's usually safe to re-introduce the other HDD as a slave...

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-problem-seagate-120gb-into-hp-pavillion-xt938.38822/
Relevancy 25.37%

A few days ago my computer started either freezing or rebooting during high-stress periods gaming etc I couldn t find out rebooting/freezing, BSODs and Random more what the error was so I reinstalled my OS but that did nothing I dropped my overclock to standard specs but that did nothing either All the tests I Random rebooting/freezing, BSODs and more ran with prime and dmark froze rebooted my comp before my cpu temps went over C Today I started getting BSODs PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA BAD POOL CALLER and even those without a specific named error Every program I run eventually ends up crashing Browsers generate windows errors and shut down while games reboot freeze my comp Yesterday I talked to Random rebooting/freezing, BSODs and more a few friends online who told me I might have a bad PSU and I thought that made sense but Random rebooting/freezing, BSODs and more today I m completely confused again I have my specs and some other things posted plus some minidumps Asus A N X Deluxe Rev Athlon XP at GHz and V x Micron mT at - - - and v Pro w bios flashed to Pro at stock plus VGA Silencer Rev ISO Switching PSU at W V at A V at A V at A Western Digital GB HD Accessories Default User Accessories Default User Accessories All Users Accessories All Users Accessories NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories TURSR wn r Accessories TURSR wn r Accessories Accessibility Default User Accessories Accessibility Default User Accessories Accessibility All Users Accessories Accessibility All Users Accessories Accessibility NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories Accessibility NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories Accessibility TURSR wn r Accessories Accessibility TURSR wn r Accessories Communications All Users Accessories Communications All Users Accessories Entertainment Default User Accessories Entertainment Default User Accessories Entertainment All Users Accesories Entertainment All Users Accessories Entertainment NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories EntertainmentNT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories Entertainment TURSR wn r Accessories Entertainment TURSR wn r Accessories System Tools All Users Accessories System Tools All Users Administrative Tools All Users Administrative Tools All Users ATITool TURSR wn r ATITool TURSR wn r Easy Video Splitter All Users Easy Video Splitter All Users Games All Users Games All Users Guild Wars All Users Guild Wars All User K-Lite Codec Pack All Users K-Lite Codec Pack All Users K-Lite Codec Pack Configuration All Users K-Lite Codec Pack Configuration All Users K-Lite Codec Pack Information All Users K-Lite Codec Pack Information All Users K-Lite Codec Pack Tools All Users K-Lite Codec Pack Tools All Users Kerio TURSR wn r Kerio TURSR wn r Kerio Personal Firewall TURSR wn r Kerio Personal Firewall TURSR wn r LimeWire TURSR wn r LimeWire TURSR wn r Logitech All Users Logitech All Users Logitech MouseWare All Users Logitech MouseWare All Users MadOnion com All Users MadOnion com All Users MadOnion com DMark SE All Users MadOnion com DMark SE All Users MBM All Users MBM All Users MBM TURSR wn r MBM TURSR wn r Mozilla Firefox All Users Mozilla Firefox All Users Startup Default User Startup Default User Startup All Users Startup All Users Startup NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Startup NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Startup TURSR wn r Startup TURSR wn r VideoLAN All Users VideoLAN All Users The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x d x x x xb eaab A dump was saved in C WINDOWS MEMORY DMP The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x f x d x x x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS MEMORY DMP nbsp

A:Random rebooting/freezing, BSODs and more

First download and run the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest86.com

Let it run for at least seven passes. if you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version, that you can burn to cd and boot from that.

If your ram checks out ok, then I would guess that either you have a bad psu, or a overheating problem with either your cpu or graphics card.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-rebooting-freezing-bsods-and-more.25843/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all first post from me Please move this post if its in the wrong section I System AMD64 Random BSODs, have a recurring problem with a system I put together about a year ago that is slowly driving me insane The system in question is ASUS K V SE Deluxe mobo Using onboard sound and LAN AMD Clawhammer CPU Nvidia GFX Card Mentor Wireless card Disabled Gb Crucial RAM selected for motherboard The problem in question Random BSODs, AMD64 System is a recurring blue screen of death with constantly changing messages and files at fault I assumed it was a RAM problem until I upgraded to the Crucial and the problems persisted The problem is strange in that it will quickly affect roughly boot ups and then the system will be relatively stable for days For instance I can play a complete game of Dawn of War or Battlefield with no problems When I tested my old RAM it passed tests of memtest with no errors yet failed every Microsoft RAM diagnostic tool test and then it locked the sysem at around test The new memory is exactly the same except it fails Microsoft s tests and doesnt lock up The PSU is fairly cheap and nasty rated at W yeah right and shows a V voltage of - usually I have read in other threads that this could be a problem especially if the PSU is prone to voltage rail sag under load Thats being changed soon to a much better model Cooling is no problem the CPU stays at a healthy C when idle and C or so when under load Sooo I have come to the conclusion that if it isnt the PSU then I am very much looking at a new CPU or Mobo failing some driver or IRQ conflict etc However because the BSODs seem to be so random I m hedging my bets towards a hardware issue Could be on board LAN at a pinch I suppose I have also re-installed windows once but no difference I ve attached my latest minidumps I can t make much sense from them namely because they are so different from each other it seems to me All comments and suggestions welcome Cheers Owain nbsp

A:Random BSODs, AMD64 System

I think me and you might be experienceing similar problems...Except that my PSU is pretty good, Aspire 520w http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148008

Both have a64's, k8vse's...hmm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-amd64-system.33525/
Relevancy 31.82%

Reformat hard drive. No sound. No longer have my system cd. I followed the other thread in here (howard_hopkinso) for the download on the intel page. This didn't fix my problem. Yellow icon next to Sigma-Tel C audio. I assume the download is not for my computer. Control panel > sound and audio devices. The contents of the volume and audio tab are grayed out. All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Volume properties returns an error message. "There are no active mixer devices available. Click add hardware to install one". Called HP, they charge $67 for replacement CD. Anybody got a clue as to what is going on or how to install a mixer device?. 542x Pavillion, XP.

A:542x Pavillion sound problem

You're going to need to obtain the appropriate driver for your audio card. You can try Windows Update(microsoft.com), but if it's not there then it looks like you'll have to buy that HP CD or see if a friend has it. I couldn't find it on a quick google search.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/542x-pavillion-sound-problem.30141/
Relevancy 31.39%

I recently bought a HP Pavillion ze5700 w/ a DVD+R burner. The drive seems in working order, and plays DVDs fine, also recognizes CDRs fine, but does not recognize the DVD+RW discs as writable media, any tips?

Details:
HP Pavillion ze5700 Laptop,

unsure of the model on the DVD burner (not labeled outside and I haven't opened it up to take a look - driver automatically DLs as a Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-R6252, but toshiba drive in an HP comp seems unlikely, tried updating driver/reinstalling from base to no avail)

DVD discs being used (if that matters) are Samsung Pleomax DVD+R 8x

Any tips would be great! thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvdrw-drive-on-hp-pavillion-ze5700-not-recognizing-dvd-r-discs.25642/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi there everyone at techsupport Well Am Gautam from INdia Ok here goes my story I have a ASUS P C Delux motherboard - days back i started to get the usual blue screen of death saying that quot DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot then some memory dump and i have to restart my Repeated card BSODs, fault ? at NIC PC Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? And after booting the dialogue box on the windows screen said quot Windows has encountered a serious error the device quot Asus Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? v Pro seems to be responsible quot etc But then i noticed a very unusual activity with my network card I have a cable connection with a modem installed My Lan card is com Gigabit C on board So at many times i used Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? to get the error quot Network cable unplugged quot even when the modem Lan led kept on The surprising thing was that when i used to get this unplugged error the modem cable LAN led didnt went off which made me think that there is no physical disconnection of the cable with the lan card SO when i used to get this uplugged error i have to disable the lan card and enable it once again which allowed me to surf for around - minutes and then again the error poped up And the important thing is that sometimes while enabling the card my screen used to go blank for a second and another blue screen used o come saying that STOP error PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA Some problematic file pciide sys encountered error i dont exactly know what was there on the screen So i thought that might be my onbard LAN and AGP-PCI i have a pci based asus mb card would be having some IRQ conflict SO i moved my PCI display card to another slot and now my windows system information application says quot IRQ Com Gigabit LOM C OK quot and quot IRQ NVIDIA GeForce MX MX OK quot But nothing helped SO i fianlly disabled my LAN card and intalled the modem using the USB cable After installing the drivers for the modem and doing the necessary settings i have my internet connection up and running without any disconnections or crashes NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED IS MY ONBOARD NIC CARD FAULTY IF YES THEN HOW SHOULD I CONFIRM IT SO THAT I CAN SEND MY MOTHERBOARD FOR REPLACEMENT Though i tried enabling the onboard lan card which obviously now shows cable unplugged as i have connected my modem through usb and still the PC doesnt crashes Kindly give me some feedback as i want to know the root cause of this problem as to why i was getting BSOD s and system freezes when my modem was connected to my on board NIC THanks waiting for ur reply Gautam nbsp

A:Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ?

welcome to techspot.

NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED????? IS MY ONBOARD NIC CARD FAULTY?? IF YES, THEN HOW SHOULD I CONFIRM IT SO THAT I CAN SEND MY MOTHERBOARD FOR REPLACEMENT??Click to expand...

the errors you reported are the result of a hardware problem. run the computer in each of the following configurations until you get a system error or the machine runs flawlessly for a day or two:
-with the onboard NIC on and connected to the modem
-with the onboard NIC on but not connected to anything
-with the onboard NIC disabled in your bios

at a glance, it seems likely that your problems were caused by faulty hardware, but these steps are important for diagnosing the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods-nic-card-at-fault.24990/
Relevancy 31.82%

I ordered and received recovery disks for my HP Pavillion a6200n PC. I got 2 System Recovery disks and 1 Supplemental Recovery Disk. The 2 System Recovery disks worked great. What is the Supplemental Recovery Disk for?

A:HP Pavillion supplemental recovery disk

The Supplemental Disk is for certain models which have more software, or a more complext setup.
If your system didn't ask for the disk, or ask for more software, then you likely do not need it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-supplemental-recovery-disk.151683/
Relevancy 24.94%

This is a most vexing problem About a year ago I had the worst series year return HD Video format Related after Driver BSODs a of system crashes As best as I could tell they were Video Driver Related BSODs return a year after HD format video driver related and tended to occur while playing video games No matter how many driver updates I made how thoroughly I tried to clean the drivers I could not correct it I ultimate resorted to just formatted the hard drive and reinstalling Windows It has now been a year and without warning the problem has returned The symptoms are identical to before Occurs during video games crashes either to a blue screen or I get a static pattern of horizontal streaks across the screen If I do not reboot to safe mode I have to repair the system off of a Windows CD WhoCrashed still insist it is software and not hardware based I would really like to know what the heck is going on and how the exact same problem returned over a year later because I do not want to be performing boot disk formats on an annual basis Can anybody help me with this problem Thanks nbsp

A:Video Driver Related BSODs return a year after HD format

Here is a picture of the screen during some of the more severe errors. I hope this will enable somebody to better identify the cause:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-driver-related-bsods-return-a-year-after-hd-format.209275/
Relevancy 24.94%

I always have issues on the first initial startup of Windows Restarts are fine and resets are fine but the second I turn it off and have to turn it on or have to turn it on for the first time almost BSODs always screens of hangs Windows black Initial startup or of the day it usually hangs or BSODs I have never gotten a BSOD once Windows has started Recently I installed a new cpu fan I m not sure if maybe the voltages are wrong but it s still a Initial startup of Windows almost always BSODs or black screens hangs zalman cpu cooler just a Initial startup of Windows almost always BSODs or black screens hangs new shark fin fan and is pins instead of and this has started the windows black screen I had recently also done a massive drivers update which seemed to have worsened the issue as I was only getting BSODs once in awhile which led me to try to update some drivers Now it happens every initial startup Unfortunately I do not have anymore restore points prior to any driver installations at this time Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Initial startup of Windows almost always BSODs or black screens hangs

Sounds like the boot hard drive is having some issues. Go to Computer and right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. It may be wise to back up your important data and files soon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/initial-startup-of-windows-almost-always-bsods-or-black-screens-hangs.207371/
Relevancy 26.23%

Over the past couple months I ve been getting regular and random with help Need random BSODs BSODs They can occur multiple times a day even when the system Need help with random BSODs is sitting idle The errors for the BSOD are nearly always different I ve currently Need help with random BSODs tried replacing the CPU RAM and video cards back to my previous ATI R with no success CPU temps are well within safe ranges as are those of the video cards Voltages are also stable logs Need help with random BSODs are below I ve also been able to run Memtest for hours without a single error Here are my specs i - k Not overclocked using BIOS defaults Noctua U S Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H Mushkin Stealth GB x GB DDR MHz CL DIMMs x EVGA GTX SC Crucial M GB Samsung EVO TB Cooler Master V Power Supply I ve currently tried replacing the CPU RAM and video cards with no success CPU temps are well within safe ranges as are those of the video card Voltages are also fairly stable logs are below I gathered my minidumps from today along with logs captured from HWiNFO from the latest crash while playing CoD MW which may just be a game related issue Even though the HWiNFO logs may not be from one of the random crashes it shows my voltages and temperatures under load of a game http goldensdomain com vmhomeboy-minidump zip http goldensdomain com vmhomeboy-hwinfo zip I d be hugely appreciative if someone could take a look at the dumps I m at a complete loss as to what to do next nbsp

A:Need help with random BSODs

Looks like a corrupt boot drive although DXdiag points to a video issue. Are your video card drivers up to date?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-random-bsods.207227/
Relevancy 25.37%

Firstly because I am in a hurry I will not be posting the minidumps or bsod error codes BSODs. crashing Nearly Explorer Windows constant If these are needed further down the road then Nearly constant BSODs. Windows Explorer crashing I will take some time to post them Ill try to make this as brief as possible so here it goes I just traveled from NY to Boston for a job and left my computer in my car for a couple weeks possibly an issue When I hooked it all up today to get everything up to date I found it hard to get anything done as nearly every five to ten minutes either windows explorer would crash a BSOD would appear or it would become to laggy slow to complete anything These events happen anytime I even attempt to do anything that requires an adequate cpu workload browsing facebook youtube updating windows or drivers searching hard drives etc The BSOD s are always different there are four or five different error codes I have seen so far x e and x a are the only two I remember right now What could be the reasoning for this I cant even update roll back drivers update windows or uninstall anything because it crashes before I can do anything It even crashes in safemode although not nearly as often If anyone could help me I would be so grateful Thanks guys nbsp

A:Nearly constant BSODs. Windows Explorer crashing

Bump. Please help. Bsod codes 0x000000c2 and 0x00000c4 now happening.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nearly-constant-bsods-windows-explorer-crashing.203147/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi everybody,

For the past 1 month I've been getting Irql not less or equal and Page fault in non paged area BSODs every day several times and I have read so many posts for troubleshooting these errors and tried so many of them, from a clean windows 7 install to updating drivers, using driver sweeper and then updating again and what not..

But I just dotn seem to understand whats wrong. Tried understanding the minidumps using bluescreen view and I all could gather was some issue with ntoskernel.exe

I'm attaching my minidumps, can someone please tell me whats wrong - is it my laptop getting too hot or some driver etc?

Extra Info: The laptop is HP dv-7 running Win7-x64 and does seem to get pretty hot, especially when I'm playing Counter Strik 1.6 on Steam and crashes are much more frequent when I'm playing Steam CS 1.6

Thanks and Regards

A:IRQL not less or equal and page fault in non paged area BSODs

Okay, I think it is time to check your memory and then check the hard drive for errors. Take your time and follow these instructions:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irql-not-less-or-equal-and-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-bsods.178045/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey guys my first post here comes with a problem i ve been Win 7 Random BSODs on havin with my PC I get random BSODs on my system sometimes daily sometimes weekly Most of the times it s the quot driver irql not less or equal quot with reference to usbport sys or hidparse sys My configuration is Intel Q Motherboard P QL EPU X GB Corsair mhz Asus Geforce GTX Ti Source Rasurbo silentpower dlp- W None of the parts are overclocked and everything begun after I upgraded my memory I noticed that the BSOD s are related with the quantity of RAM that i have in my sistem with gb i get rare BSOD and with gb very often I tested the RAM for days with memory testing tools no faulty modules I Random BSODs on Win 7 also read on a forum that my motherboard is known to have issues with the memory controller when you install to much RAM on it But i hardly think gb is a lot of RAM when in the motherboard spec it says maximum gb Any ideeas Right now i m pretty sure is the motherboard Thanks in advance for your answers Danny nbsp

A:Random BSODs on Win 7

Are you getting any minidumps to post? Use the attachment feature here and please use the Zip feature included, if needed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-on-win-7.177874/
Relevancy 25.37%

Okay so, I get random blue screens during any game I play. I can play Lineage 2 for hours before I get a BSOD or a pink blurry screen. Any other games I play like Alan Wake, the Mass Effect 3 demo, BF3, any game basically, my pc will BSOD or get a pink blurry screen after about 15 minutes of gameplay. Attached to this thread is my latest DMP file.

A:IRQL_not_less_or_equal BSODs & random pink blurs

Try using the built-in zip feature for posting your minidump. Have you tried updating the video cards driver. What are your complete system specs, including power supply make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irql_not_less_or_equal-bsods-random-pink-blurs.178029/
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok I have read the prior postings regarding thise Windows err that didn't start successfully. and it continues to loop. I can't get out. I found my OS disk and App and Driver disc. I put in CD I can here is spinning but no go She is an 2005 HP Pavillion, but I need to recover some files that were updated before this happened. Any suggestions or am I SOL!???

thanks for any help you can offer

A:Windows XP error on HP Pavillion

Can you perform an XP repair like this:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-error-on-hp-pavillion.177795/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi there I just recently built a brand new computer with a help of a friend who has built many before But for BSODs and Random games crashes during some reason I Random BSODs and crashes during games keep on getting BSOD randomly even when not playing games Games like Starcraft II and League of Legends crashes in the middle of the game At first we thought it was the harddrive but after exchanging it for another one the same problems persist CPU Intel Random BSODs and crashes during games Core i - k Motherboard Asus P Z -V LX Ram Speed size and sticks Kingston GB DDR - CL GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Random BSODs and crashes during games Ti PSU Eagle VoltasX ET-PSVTX E-Bk Watt ATX V Power Suppy OS Windows Ultimate bit All drivers are up-to-date according to Driver Checker Everything is brand new so there is no dust and I can t figure out what the problem is The game would crash and pop up an error asking whether or not I should send in the error I m new to this site so I hope I posted up the Mini Dump correctly nbsp

A:Random BSODs and crashes during games

Driver checker is useless... Go here and update the video cards driver:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I have the same card and there was a driver update today...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-and-crashes-during-games.177834/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello I m new to times and at while other random videos watching some BSODs this community and I hope someone can help with this massive issue I ve had since March of last year My pc is fairly new I purchased it one year ago I got my first bsod the day I installed a video game called League of Legends Since that installation I would get random bsod every few months when I would try and log off then it would happen when I d log on then it would happen while I would try and watch a video BSODs some at random and other times while watching videos on youtube or other websites Recently the bsod has become more frequent like - times per week but now it seems worse b c now it lags like crazy and my pc asks me to put in the recovery disc to bring it back to the factory defaults which i kept avoiding for sometime But days ago my pc lagged so much that I finally uninstalled League of Legends but a portion of that game would not uninstall But afterwards my pc lagged even more than before then another bsod happened and i gave up and brought my pc back to an out of box state So I assumed everything would be better with LOL off my pc and it is as far as the lagging goes there is none but to my dismay my pc Bsod twice and one of those asked me to use the recovery disc again Which I have not Now I m confused and frustrated and don t know what to do Btw I m a bit of a newb when it comes to computers and such so pls give me thorough instructions and how to s thanks sooo much pc info model Qosmio F - Os Windows home premium Bios version Cpu Intel core i cpu m ghz Video Card Nvidia Geforce GT m Please let me know what else you need nbsp

A:BSODs some at random and other times while watching videos

Go here:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Test the hard drive and memory, then use the instructions to post any minidumps and use the ZIP function in the attachment feature if you need to

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-some-at-random-and-other-times-while-watching-videos.177920/