Windows Support Forum

Black Screen Crash in games, no BSOD.

Q: Black Screen Crash in games, no BSOD.

Hi there, over the last few months my laptop has been frequently crashing when playing games such as Counter Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2, Starcraft 2, as well as others. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with my computer since it should be capable of handling all of these programs.

It is Windows 7 Home Premium 64.
It is OEM.
The computer and OS Instillation are a bit over a year old.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black Screen Crash in games, no BSOD.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black Screen Crash in games, no BSOD.

Update your AMD Display driver =>Link
Set your Power options to Maximum performance when gaming
Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165187-black-screen-crash-games-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 82.13%

So I have had this problem for the past month or so it started around the time I installed my new graphics card It only happens when I play visually intensive games like Rise of the Tomb Raider Subnautica Just Cause I can however play less intensive games like Undertale Minecraft or Superhot After starting a game a few minutes in it suddenly black screens and crashes Most of the time the windows exclamation sound plays but sometimes the audio will skip loop or just play incoherent noise No messages pop up and even if they did I wouldn't be able to see it My monitor will cycle through the main inputs HDMI DVI and VGA then just go to 'no signal' However the fans and LEDs all stay on and for a couple seconds I can still control what's going on behind the black screen but shortly after it fully crashes and I have to manually restart the computer Here's my system specs CPU Intel Core i - K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core GHz screen/crash Black during games. LGA Black screen/crash during games. GPU MSI GeForce GTX GD T OCMobo MSI Z S SLI Krait Edition LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel MotherboardRAM GB G Skill Ripjaws X series x GB PSU Roswill Hive series W bronzeOS Windows Home Premium bitAt first I thought it was a power supply issue but after installing my current psu nothing changed Then I thought it might be an overheating issue but after monitoring with MSI afterburner HWmonitor and speedfan my cpu stays around - C and my gpu Black screen/crash during games. idles at and is around during games I have tried memtest but there weren't any issues after tests I have updated my drivers deleted them using DDU and reinstalled them but I still haven't been able to fix a single thing I used WhoCrashed and this is what it told me crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmpThis was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x A F Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA E xFFFFF BFAF xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERRORfile path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sysproduct NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporationdescription NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that Black screen/crash during games. an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERRORI have tried everything in my ability which isn't really saying much and have come up with nothing I hope this is the right place to post this I am open to any and all ideas I haven't been able to use my fancy new graphics card and I feel like I wasted dollars Any help would be greatly appreciated Edit Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Black screen/crash during games.

Method 1:
I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
2. If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.

If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.

3. If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):net user test <password> /add
net localgroup Administrators test /add
4. This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

Method 2: Temporarily Prevent a Windows or driver update
In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed. In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device, and in this case you will need a way to prevent the problematic driver or update from reinstalling automatically the next time Windows Updates are installed.

Please refer to the below article “How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10” and follow the steps and check if it helps.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607984/black-screencrash-during-games/
Relevancy 82.13%

For avery long time now certain games cause my pc to crash to a black screen the sounds keeps playing and i can still use headsets if i was using it at that point but i have to force a reset everytime. Its alway the same games but im finding more and more at the moment some crash within a few mins others i can play for awhile. Some games have been fine then for no reason started to cause it then stoped i can run fallout 4 on max settings for hours but i cant play tourchlight 2 on lowest for more then 3mins. iv ran out of ideas. Its not overheating iv run furmark , prime95, played the games that cause it while keeping an eye on speedfan, reinstalling drivers and playing the games in every resolution in windowed and full screen. this is my next thing to see if i can get it sorted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389061-black-screen-crash-certain-games.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I first got SC at release and GAMES PC to Screen freeze/crash Black had issues GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen with the GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen game crashing I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed can't remember how Recently I got the Walking Dead game which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and was able to play the game Since then every time I've tried to play SC it has crashed The screen locks up changes to some funky colors and goes to a black screen Have to force shut down and boot it back up Since then I have updated drivers disassembled my PC and cleaned everything out with compressed air changed power supplies both Antec Ws added a nd hard drive from an older computer formatted everything reinstalled everything updated all drivers again downloaded Live Update from MSI website to update bios had some terrible issues with that which I won't go into for now but according to the updater the BIOS is up to date now I use SlimDrivers to update all my drivers System Specs from MSINFO OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Version Build Model - MS- CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz RAM - GB DDR GPU - GeForce GTX GB Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um I'm truly at a loss right now because I've tried everything I know to do Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I would suggest some hardware checks.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229663-games-freeze-crash-pc-black-screen.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I had a desktop that was just sitting for about 2 years without use and just hooked it up to my TV to make a media center. I immediately installed Windows 7 and had a fresh slate so old software problems shouldn't be an issue. All drivers are up to date.

The problem is that whenever a game is played, it will randomly create a black screen with buzzing sound. Some games is completely random, other games crash at about the same point. Sometimes the video signal cuts out to the TV, sometimes it just stays black. Either way it needs to be manually turned off. I have checked GPU temperatures and they are about 80C under load. I have ran memtest86 and no errors on the RAM. I just don't know what else it could be.

The specs are:

Intel Core 2 3000MHz
2x2GB Corsair DDR2-400
ATI 4850
OCZ 500W Power Supply

A:Black screen crash/lockup when playing games

What is your cpu temp?
How many passes of memtest did you run?
What are you using to check your temps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-lockup-when-playing-games.1066283/
Relevancy 80.41%

Here's what's going on let me know if you need more information from me Games screen seconds minutes. - 10 between to 30 crash black I'm running Bootcamp on a mid- quot macbook pro MacBookPro - the one with the i cpu It has a Geforce m GPU I've been playing fairly graphic intensive games on it since I first bought it bioshock games fallout gta etc Recently I'd been playing Fallout New Vegas I got through about hours of New Vegas fine then it started to occasionally crash to a black screen the audio would loop and I would have to manually reboot Usually this would happen within seconds of loading up a save It happened rarely enough though that Games crash to black screen between 30 seconds - 10 minutes. I was able to play another hours without too much frustration occasionally have to deal with the crash This usually seemed to happen after waking the computer up from sleeping and would be fixed with one reboot Then I got Mass effect and started seeing this same crash black screen looped audio manual reboot required So i fired up New Vegas to compare the crashes and see what was going on and I found that New Vegas now consistently crashes in under minutes usually in under Every once in a while windows will recover the game itself would crash but I wouldn't need to reboot and I'd get a message about a display driver not responding and then being repaired or something of that nature It would show up and disappear so I don't have the exact message My reliability monitor gave me this Source Windows Summary Video hardware error Date PM Status Report sent Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA B BCP FFFFF F C D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Bucket ID X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Server information b - - db-bc -a aec d d So I've tried a bunch of things - I manually set my fans to the full rpms and monitored my gpu temp and many times that it crashed it was lt C - I ran the game in Windowed Mode watched it get the gpu up to about C level out and play on fine for about half an hour - I booted into OSX and played Amnesia on high settings for an hour no problems - I stress tested with FurMark windowed AND fullscreen and got the GPU up to C but only for about seconds until it dropped down to C and leveled out again No crashes for minutes - Updated the drivers to the newest ones and also ran Driver Fusion to remove remnants of old drivers Windows would automatically put some other nvidia drivers on whenever I rebooted however so I'm not sure if I was ever able to FULLY remove ALL the NVIDIA drivers - Tried the games with the automatic drivers as well as the newest drivers both still crashed - Uninstalled and reinstalled the game Still crashing - Uninstalled Mass effect completely since this was when the problems seemed to get worse Couple things that seem important to me to note Windowed Mode seems to work fine Pretty peculiar because its running the same resolution x and shouldn't be easier on the GPU correct OSX side has no problems Doesn't seem hardware related DXDiag says my directx version is but my GPU can only handle Maybe this is significant Apple won't help me because I can't show a problem in OSX I'm pretty on my own for any bootcamp issues Anything else you need to know just let me know I'm willing to try just about anything Thanks so much if you've made it this far

A:Games crash to black screen between 30 seconds - 10 minutes.

I also just tried benchmarking with 3dmark vantage since FurMark is only OpenGL and I wanted to see if it was a DirectX issue. Got through the benchmarks fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/games-crash-to-black-screen-between-30-seconds-10-minutes-655816.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello everyone I ve built my new computer a week ago and I m having a problem and I need to know ASAP if any part is defective to do a RMA When I play games League of Legends Cod my computer randomly crashes on a black screen and a looping bug sound The monitor says Monitor going to sleep I ve tried to run OCCT on my GPU for about minutes degrees C withouth problem I ve done one games loop crash playing and sound Black screen while or two pass in Memtest to check my RAM too Any thoughts on this Maybe it is my PSU I ve heard about the NVidia HD audio too Here is my rig Windows Home Premium bits CPU Intel Core i - K PSU COOLER MASTER GX Series W CASE COOLER MASTER HAF MOBO MSI Z A-G LGA Intel Z GPU EVGA SuperClocked -P - -AR GeForce GTX RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB DDR HDD WD Caviar Black TB RPM MB Cache I just checked my voltage with HW Monitor and my v is kinda low Is this really a psu problem nbsp

A:Black screen crash and sound loop while playing games

If that +12v rail voltage is accurate then that would definately be a problem. Check the voltage in the BIOS as it could be a simple case of HWMonitor not reading the sensor output correctly.

Can you give us a DXDiag report.

Click Start and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the Run box.

When the dxdiag window opens click the Save All Information button and save the text file to your desktop or another location so you know where it is.

Then copy and paste the entire content of that text file into a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-and-sound-loop-while-playing-games.1066738/
Relevancy 78.26%

Crashes happen anytime, result in a black or white screen, one time, it completed the loop and it had actually BSOD'd! I have the memory dump (hoping a forums wizard can come and save me!). Have tried disabling HDMI audio package drivers, overclocking and underclocking the video card. Does not appear to be memory related as one time, music that was being played on my computer, continued to play after the crash. Using windows 7 64bit RTM btw.

A:Games crash to black screen, monitor loses signal, computer reboots

Heres the memory dump PAGEDU64 ?   B? - MEMORY DUMP PLAYER666 - MiCCv0na - Pastebin.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96542-games-crash-black-screen-monitor-loses-signal-computer-reboots.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8010C69010
BCP2: FFFFF880069CD6AC
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\040913-9204-01.dmp
C:\Users\Phantom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-21060-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

==========================================================

changed bios settings from RAID to IDE didnt seem to help this has occurred multiple times during playing planet side 2 the game runs fine then suddenly crashes im pretty sure i have the latest drivers and everything is up to date can someone clever help me please

A:BSOD Plannetside 2 (steam) black screen> reboot> BSOD crash report

A stop 0x116 is a display/graphics related issue. Many a factors or components may cause such a BSOD.

First of all, it is the display driver. From your BSOD dumps, I have noticed that it crashed the same irrespective of the driver version over time. So overlooking this part right now. Will concentrate it on later again, if needed.

Next thing is overclocking, which sometimes lead display to crash. And, you are slightly overclocked.

Code:
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3411
As the system is crashing, you should stop overclocking. Set all the hardware elements like CPU, GPU and RAM to default; and reset the BIOS to default too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Heat is another factor. Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Also, dust accumulation causes heat, and dust accumulation depends on the age of the system. How old the system is? If possible, dismantle it and clean the inside carefully .... specially the air vents and fan grills, so that it can blow the hot air out easily.
Dont forget to apply thermal paste to the CPU when re-seating the system.

Insufficient power supply is also a great cause of display crash. Check if the CPU is supplying adequate power there or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

It GPU itself may not perform upto the mark. Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800f27a010, fffff88006bc36ac, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+9336ac )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800f27a010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88006bc36ac, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+9336ac
fffff880`06bc36ac 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02f8ea48 fffff880`0568e000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0f27a010 fffff880`06bc36ac ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02f8ea50 fffff880`05661867 : fffff880`06bc36ac fffffa80`0b386000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`02f8ea90 fffff880`0568de0f : fffffa80`ffffd84d 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0f27a010 000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285754-bsod-plannetside-2-steam-black-screen-reboot-bsod-crash-report.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Someone who solved a similiar prob pls help me I have a big prob with the pc screen goes black and i cant do anything Must use the on off botton to reboot it when this happens the major crash BSOD screen Black prob comes No boot found on BSOD Black screen crash pc pc wont boot then i go to the bios and BSOD Black screen crash the hd is not in there I must play with the pc restarting it and if im lucky the hd ''comes'' back and i can reboot and system starts I can go check the event log to see the errors Several times now happened to that system was slow It freeze and i cant do anything I tho i found a solution i have read some theads with similiar probs I did boot the pc in clean mood and deactive the half of the services I was hoping this would help but not even after hours happened the same thing I have several errors in the log A timeout milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NlaSvc service The Network Location Awareness service failed to start due to the following error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion The previous system shutdown at on - - was unexpected The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly I dont know if this happens when pc goes sleep or it was on many hours This happens in the screen settings there are no hibernate or sleep all options are on never and no screen saver I tried another hd as bootdevice also coz i tho it was some prob with the hd but was the same prob with the other one also I think this happens when i havent used the pc a long time but then the next question why it doesnt find the boot on startup Im gettin upswet with it Help me guys

A:BSOD Black screen crash

someone out there who could help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193077-bsod-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

My laptop crashs quite regular, black screens and restarts randomly. I used to think it was heat related but the laptop doesn't really get hot. Idles at 38c.

There are no crash dump files at all, i've configured windows to not restart in the event of a crash and to generate a crash dump file. I've also installed a fresh install of windows 7 with only the manufactors drivers and windows updates.

I'm going to upload my system information with the hope that someone can shed some light on this.

System Spec:

Compal Cantiga
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel(R)Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz
Motherboard KHLB2
4GB Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Realtek HD Audio % ATI HDMI Audio
Built in Monitor (Genric display)
Hitachi HTS723225L9A360 ATA Device

Relevancy 73.96%

Greetings I have an incredibly frustrating problem I hope I can get help with The problem I am experiencing is complete crash of my system at random intervals I lose video and hard drive lights turn off I would assume it was acomple shutdown however the fans and LED's in the case remain on the power button on the case does not respond and I must manually flip the switch at the back of the power supply to restart Additionally I was experiencing strange bsod no screen, crash, Complete black graphical artifacts vertical lines in windows strange characters in the POST screen before windows loaded I ave ALREADY replaced my power supply and video card as I initially believed those Complete crash, black screen, no bsod to be the Complete crash, black screen, no bsod source of the problem however after replacement the problem persists albeit with no graphical oddities and less frequent crashes My guess is the mother board is the source of the problem but I don't want to replace another part without being sure ANY hep would be appreciated Oh yes I built my own PC and currentuly have windows cooler master silent pro M w PSU Biostar Ta A mobo ati radeon XT GPU

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/complete-crash-black-screen-no-bsod-614684.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi guys, I have followed the instructions and here are the files requested.

This crash first started when I was playing League of Legends. since then, everytime I open a game at full screen mode, it crashes after 1 minute and 50 seconds. I already reinstalled League of Legends and also, updated my graphic drivers, but still, nothing changed.

The dump files are attached.
Thanks!

A:BSOD. Crash while games are at full screen mode.

The couple of latest drivers by nvidia are buggy as we experienced.

Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only. It works with GT530.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80096f14e0, fffff88005143700, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+8ed700 )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80096f14e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88005143700, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+8ed700
fffff880`05143700 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07fe6a48 fffff880`02d2e054 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`096f14e0 fffff880`05143700 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07fe6a50 fffff880`02d01867 : fffff880`05143700 fffffa80`07005000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`07fe6a90 fffff880`02d2de63 : 00000000`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`096f14e0 fffff880`0537ff3c : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`07fe6b40 fffff880`0538003d : fffffa80`0583b410 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06376410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`07fe6bc0 fffff800`03561bae : fffffa80`05cc05b0 fffffa80`07c57040 fffffa80`051eb040 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`07fe6c00 fffff800`032b48c6 : fffff800`0343ee80 fffffa80`07c57040 fffffa80`062cbb50 00000000`00000246 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`07fe6c40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+8ed700
fffff880`05143700 4055 push rbp

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+8ed700

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_N... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305014-bsod-crash-while-games-full-screen-mode.html
Relevancy 73.1%

With Help from this forum about three months ago I was able to troubleshoot and fix issues with a defective installed Video Driver, but starting about a week ago once again I've been getting BSOD and also freeze-ups [without BSOD] that go to a Black Screen and then I need to reboot.

I had installed the latest Adobe flash upgrade minutes before this crash, after reboot system recommended a boot-up files fix from the menu that went on to restored the previous 'restore-point' configuration, apparently Flash was uninstalled [as Adobe/Flash requested a new install right after the reboot], unfortunately even so the system crashed a minute after again, this time I got a BSOD that reported something related to a Driver, unfortunately I forgot to do a screen-grab.

Hopefully this latest BSOD file dump is uploaded here, Could some one take a look and see which driver or what else could be causing a problem now?

Thanks

A:Sporatic BSOD and Black Screen Freeze-ups/Crash

Hi mackado,

I'm going to need 1 more log file to deduce the problem.

Please follow the steps below:
Go to: Start > Type: msconfig.exe - Press Enter
Go to the tab 'Boot'
Bottom of the window there are check-boxes, tick the one called 'Boot log'
Press Apply/OK
Shutdown the PC
Wait 10 seconds
Turn on PC
Go to - C:\Windows and find a file called ntbtlog.txt
Upload this file to this thread
Once you have uploaded the file, I will take a look and we'll see what we can do from there.

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372690-sporatic-bsod-black-screen-freeze-ups-crash.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Current OS Win Pro x For the past few weeks I had been having issues with my computer with black screens only during gaming At first it seemed like a power issue since the machine kept shutting off and rebooting with no BSOD or error codes So I got a new PSU Still kept Win 8.1 Black Screen (No BSOD During Codes) Games happening - tested each GPU individually and all passed without error problems Black screen problem still persisted So I installed Win x Win 8.1 Black Screen During Games (No BSOD Codes) on a spare HDD and checked to see if it was software drivers - still got black screen reboot Decided it had to be the motherboard - RMA'd the board and just got a replacement days ago Still get black screen reboots Reflashed the GPU BIOS - worked for a while when the voltage was left at stock instead of V However still got black screen reboot after about an hour I decided to test RAM w MemTest Tested RAM XMP setting Corsair Dominator Platinum GB - - - V - got a ton of errors in MemTest errors after about hours Reset RAM to quot Auto quot Mhz tested again - no errors so I booted into Windows Tried playing AC and got black screen reboot within minutes Tested each RAM stick individually today and of them passed fine with no errors while the fourth one had errors in the first and second passes - errors Took two sticks out and put two quot good quot sticks of RAM back and fired up the computer Booted into Windows and ran Heaven amp Valley - both passed without issue with the GPUs OC'd and overvolted V Thought I had solved it Fired up AC and got a black screen in about minutes Tried different GPU settings stock lower OC no over-volt etc to no avail - all gave black screens within minutes some sooner Tried BF got a DirectX error - game wouldn't even start Tried several times - nothing Tried BF got a black screen within minutes My PSU connected via a thick AWG cable to a A breaker The PSU cable PSU Lepa G itself is quite think albeit short I have NO idea why this is happening - I have either tested or replaced everything There are no error codes just a bunch of Event ID in Event Viewer but that doesn't indicate anything useful just unexpected crash reboot Really need help with this - I having been banging my head against a wall for about a month now with no luck on this issue

A:Win 8.1 Black Screen During Games (No BSOD Codes)

try any other free light game from net & test..if it's happening still.u have to loose all u'r data.first backup u'r all data on a external hard drive or any other media source.then wipe all your partitions with a partition software,google them,there are plenty of them.i suggest you free versions,not paid.or you can make a bootable disc for wiping all partitions.
Note-only wipe partitions with slow method !!

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/36851-win-8-1-black-screen-during-games-no-bsod-codes.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I've had computer problems for the past months although I thought I had fixed it until just tonight no message Crash with BSOD black looping sound screen PC delayed to I've tried to play Counter-Strike Global Offensive and within minutes of gameplay the pc crashes to a black screen and I can still hear people on ventrilo for a couple of seconds before the sound loops into a glitchy mess The screen turns black and I have to do a hard reset in order to re-start the PC No BSOD message appears and only sometimes does a log appear when I use the program BlueScreenView Upon restarting PC and reconnecting to my game it took less than minutes each time to crash to a black screen In the past I was plagued with BSOD random black screen crashes similiar to this and a memtest result indicated faulty RAM I replaced my x GB g skill DDR RAM and have not had trouble for the past weeks I have also recently re-formatted my SSD and downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers but the PC still crashes occasionly PC Crash to black screen with delayed sound looping no BSOD message even whilst browsing the web and whilst the PC is idling My temps for my GPU CPU are very stable and are low sitting at about C idle and - at load both are running at stock speed and are not overclocked I ran the program and will include a zip of what is going on and hopefully one of you will be able to help me The GPU is only months old and is still under warranty One last thing to note was there was always a loud ticking noise with my front fan as a bit of the dust mesh guard near the front panel came loose and was hitting the intake fan I was listening to music when i heard a crunching noise and then silence and since then I had a look in BIOS to see that Fan was N A for it's RPM leading me to believe the intake fan is broken Whilst this happened the morning before my main troubles I played for around hours that day with issues and temps were perfectly fine If the fan is somehow causing this it is not because of temperatures because I'm sitting around C playing CS GO on both GPU CPU PC CPU -i - MOBO -P Z V-LX GPU - Gainward GTX GB RAM - x GB G skill mhz DDR PSU - W Enermax Bronze SSD Boot -Corsair Force III GB HDD - Samsung TB RPM HDD - Hitachi TB RPM

A:PC Crash to black screen with delayed sound looping no BSOD message

0x116 errors are mostly caused by graphics drivers or a failing graphics card, I suggest running Furmark by following these instructions to rule out the hardware possibility.

Run it for around 30 minutes.

Post back the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329716-pc-crash-black-screen-delayed-sound-looping-no-bsod-message.html
Relevancy 71.81%

New fresh install of windows 8 updated to 8.1 with all my motherboard drivers etc up to date. Display drivers are the newest Omega drivers from AMD.

I installed steam and decided to install csgo to my ssd/C: drive since it's my most played game. Now I can play the game fine but after a short amount of time the game and display drivers will crash giving me a black screen and sound loop. I let it sit there for a while so I could get a bsod and crash dump to happen.

Since then I also updated my ssd to the latest firmware and reinstalled my AMD drivers and the problem still persists. I have no other games installed at the moment so if you wan't me to check if the crash happens with other games let me know.

Here is my debug info
Attachment 56190

A:BSOD playing CSGO Black screen/sound loop crash

Remove Asus bloatware from your PC and try another version of GPU drivers.

Code:
AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUS hardware monitoring software related
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
ASUS USB Hub filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys

AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 03:17:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiChargerPlus.sys

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 (5034AC67)
Asus PCProbe Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsIO.sys

ndisrd.sys Thu Feb 21 03:40:15 2013 (5125890F)

ndisrd.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

cmudaxp.sys Mon Jul 22 03:24:04 2013 (51EC89B4)
C-Media Audio Interface Driver (WDM) by C-Media [br] ASUS Xonar DG Audio Interface driver [br] HTO CLARO Audio Interface Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cmudaxp.sys

Rt630x64.sys Fri Jul 26 09:01:35 2013 (51F21ECF)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

asmtxhci.sys Fri Aug 16 21:28:42 2013 (520E7D6A)
Asmedia USB 3.0 driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmtxhci.sys

asmthub3.sys Fri Aug 16 21:28:54 2013 (520E7D76)
ASMedia USB 3.0 Hub driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmthub3.sys

dump_storahci.sys Thu Aug 22 13:40:39 2013 (5215F8B7)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_storahci.sys

asstor64.sys Mon Jan 27 10:30:34 2014 (52E6273A)
Asmedia ASM-106x Sata 6G controller
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asstor64.sys

mwac.sys Wed Jun 18 04:07:00 2014 (53A0F444)
Malwarebytes Web Access Control
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwac.sys

AMDACPKSL.SYS Sun Jun 22 04:31:43 2014 (53A6400F)
included in the AMD/ATI Catalyst WDM drivers package
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AMDACPKSL.SYS

AtihdWB6.sys Sun Jun 22 04:32:00 2014 (53A64020)
AMD High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdWB6.sys

mbam.sys Wed Sep 3 19:50:25 2014 (540754E1)
MBAMProtector
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbam.sys

MBAMSwissArmy.sys Sat Sep 20 00:14:07 2014 (541CAAAF)
Malwarebytes Anti-malware
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBAMSwissArmy.sys

atikmpag.sys Fri Nov 21 03:08:54 2014 (546E9EB6)
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys

atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 21 03:30:27 2014 (546EA3C3)
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys

Debug session time: Mon Jan 5 03:45:39.905 2015 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\010515-11375-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17476.amd64fre.winblue_r5.141029-1500
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:25.638
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b848 )
BugCheck 116, {ffffe0006be22010, fffff801eb04d848, ffffffffc00000b5, a}
BugCheck Info: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe0006be22010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff801eb04d848, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc00000b5, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 000000000000000a, Optional internal context dependent data.
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59564-bsod-playing-csgo-black-screen-sound-loop-crash.html
Relevancy 71.81%

This is a BSOD or startup. Black Crash, Screen shortly Random after Freeze, strange problem my desktop has had for a fairly long time Usually my computer will work fine start up with no problems for several days Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. in a row And then for reasons I don't know it sometimes will start crashing Usually the screen goes completely black and the computer completely non-responsive and it must be hard reset to get any response at all out of it A few times I've actually seen a brief BSOD but too brief to actually read it Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. and see what Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. is happening Sometimes the screen will just freeze where it is with the last bit of audio that was playing repeating nonstop The strangest thing about these crashes is they only happen a little bit after or during startup if the computer is fine for minutes I know it'll be fine until the next time it's turned off It has on a few occasions come up with a screen telling me that the CMOS is corrupted I've had startup repair run and tried some kind of hard drive diagnostic tool the startup repair couldn't find a problem and the tool said the hard drive was good I've seen it crash this way in the middle of the bios boot during login in safe mode pretty much any time during the first half-hour to hour of the computer being on But never afterward I ran the diagnostic tool the results are attached to this post Any help at all would be appreciated In case it has any effect on anything my computer used to be a Vista and a complimentary upgrade was used to make it windows

A:Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup.

Hello Xindaris.

It appears that you have tow antivirus programs installed? MSE and Avira?
Uninstall Avira. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Uninstall MagicISO. It may cause the BSODs as you explained.

ITEMVAUUEName MagicISO SCSI Host ControllerManufacturer MagicISO, Inc.PNP Device ID ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mcdbus.sys (2.7.106.519, 249.56 KB (255,552 bytes), 12/15/2009 5:17 PM)The SCSI adapter installed by MagicISO can cause start time BSODs.

The Display Driver is not Up to date.

Code:
fffff880`04884000 fffff880`0532f000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 07:07:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Try to install NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results. And, is it a factory installed windows?

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8005182020, fffffa8005182000, fffffa8005182000}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck A, {34e502010080, 2, 1, fffff80004079cc8}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1849fd )

------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa7f8009d9d2, 1, fffffa800626b187, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1A, {8886, fffffa8003a29150, fffffa8003a267e0, 500}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+19c )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297800-random-crash-freeze-black-screen-bsod-shortly-after-startup.html
Relevancy 71.81%

ASUS K Jr OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K Jr Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled I would get a random black screen while playing an online game on my laptop this happens randomly but usually - mins after starting Windows and start playing the game After the black screen appeared it BSOD random black while + games screen Sudden playing would automatically reboot to this windows error Sudden black screen while playing games + random BSOD recovery page with options to go into safe mode networking command prompt or just boot windows normally I chose to boot Windows normally but after getting into Windows and started playing a while a random BSOD would appear It has happened for - days straight The attached is the mini dump Note I did not install anything new to my laptop I have ran chkdsk and sfc scannow and found nothing I have no idea what caused the black screen and the BSOD Here s the pic of the BSOD Uploaded with ImageShack us nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi there.

My PC is currently crashing without a BSOD when playing games. The screen just goes black, but my computer stays on. I have to power it off manually with the power button. I've previously had issues with BSODs showing an error with atikmdag.sys , but they were very infrequent. This type of crash has been happening multiple times a day.

Thank you so much for your help!

A:Black screen from playing games, previous BSOD's from atikmdag.sys

Hello Duecez.

A stop 0x116 is a graphics related error. And for it, you need to follow the guide: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Uninstall Avast using Avast Uninstall Utility. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275840-black-screen-playing-games-previous-bsods-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 70.95%

My computer either crashes or got frozen repeatedly on the regular mode (not safemode) . Each time it crashes differently . Sometimes it crashed with blue screen each time with a different code, Sometimes black screen, sometimes frozen, mouse cannot move . Sometimes crash or frozen right after starting with just a move out the mouse, but sometimes good for a few days with no problem . Safe mode usually ok, but sometimes it crash too . I tried to run window diagnostic tool and memtest, both are ok . There were one time though after it crash and restart, it ask to run window diagnostic test and it says hardware problem . Anybody knows what's wrong with my computer ?
Below are a few image of the screen

BSOD with different code:

Win boot manager

Memtest result

A:Solved: computer acting weird, crash, frozen, bsod, black screen....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-acting-weird-crash-frozen-bsod-black-screen.1071811/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey all I'm having an issue with my ASUS (no when crash launch to games. Complete most system or crash dump) trying BSOD F GL laptop If I try to launch a game like Counter-Strike Source Garry's Mod or Just Cause not long after actually leaving the menu and beginning to play anywhere between - min the whole laptop just silently crashes I checked ALL the Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games. logs and there is nothing in there except something recorded at boot saying the computer was not cleanly shutdown When it does crash a second before it crashes a weird thin horizontal line appears in a random location on the screen going all the way across Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games. the screen This was happening under Windows Vista but I just bought and did a clean install of Windows Home Premium and it's still happening I have updated my drivers and it still happens Laptop info is below caution large block of text Code System Information report written at System Name BODENEAMONN-PC System Summary Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name BODENEAMONN-PC System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model F GL System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Australia Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name BodenEamonn-PC Boden Time Zone AUS Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hardware Resources Conflicts Sharing Resource Device Memory Address xF - xFFFFFFFF System board Memory Address xF - xFFFFFFFF Motherboard resources I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce M G IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ NVIDIA GeForce M G IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ Standard AHCI Serial ATA Controller IRQ High Definition Audio Controller IRQ Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xDE - xEFFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xDE - xEFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M G Memory Address xD - xDFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xD - xDFFFF Motherboard resources Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M G I O Port x B - x BB PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce M G I O Port x - x Motherboard resources I O Port x - x Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller DMA Resource Device Status Channel Direct memory access controller OK Forced Hardware Device PNP Device ID I O Resource Device Status x - x Standard PS Keyboard OK x - x Standard PS Keyboard OK x - x System speaker OK x - x CF PCI bus OK x - x CF Direct memory access controller OK x D - x FFFF PCI bus OK x - x System CMOS real time clock OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x FF Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x D Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x C- x E Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x A - x BF Motherboard resources OK x ... Read more

A:Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games.

Hello

You can try these to see what is going on with the overheating.

Core Temp

CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289452-complete-system-crash-no-bsod-crash-dump-when-trying-launch-most-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi. I've recently been trying to play Metal Gear Solid 5 but every time I boot it up my PC either crashes as soon as the splash screens are done or after a few minutes. It's been crashing while playing other games as well but it's been much rarer. It's not a BSOD crash and it doesn't produce any crash dumps so I'm leaning towards it being a problem with either the PSU, the motherboard or one of the graphics cards. Any help with finding the cause of this would be appreciated.

The PSU model is fd-psu-newt2-800, the graphics cards are both Nvidia GTX760s and the motherboard is a ASUS Sabertooth Z77

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622614/crash-without-bsod-and-crash-dump-while-playing-games/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello This morning ish I had nothing running more than usual chrome onenote word on my desktop I was in my other room turning on my laptop but it crash screen DSL crash; modem Black would not find my wireless network I went to my desktop and found that the monitor turned itself off that's normal but moving the mouse and pressing the spacebar would not wake the monitor up The desktop power light was on and the monitor light was on I then looked at the DSL modem and saw the power light was red So I unplug it and waited seconds plugged it back in and the desktop rebooted Could a power fault on the modem Black screen crash; DSL modem crash affect the desktop like that I checked the event log viewer and the closest I can find is this Source Service Control Manager The Microsoft Network Inspection System service depends on the Microsoft Malware Protection Driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning Attached is the win utility info you offer

A:Black screen crash; DSL modem crash

Temp Monitoring

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWMonitor.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Upload a screen shot with either of the tools: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums\

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it.

Hard Drive Diagnostics
Double click and open my computer.
Right click on desired drive and hit properties.
Click on tools tab and Check now.

Read complete instructions on the tutorial: Disk Check

Other Tests:

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using Crystal Disk Info.
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website.
Test your Hard Drive with SeaTools.

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.RAM - Test with Memtest86+

The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Memtest should be done overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353438-black-screen-crash-dsl-modem-crash.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've tried updating the drivers, making sure nothing was overclocked, ram memtest and furmark. memtest found no errors, same with chkdsk and it didn't crash in furmark
my average temp of gpu is 31 degrees Celsius.

It plays sound for a few seconds afterward but then becomes unresponsive to the power button and keyboard so I have to turn the psu off.

Help would be greatly appreciated

and for some reason it keeps posting this in general discussion not bsod support

A:Black screen when watching videos full screen and exiting games

How old is your PSU? what brand is the PSU? the video card is Radeon? Have you tried to put the video card into a different PCIe slot? have you tried to do a "clean boot", with only MS programmes starting, as in diagnostic startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345372-black-screen-when-watching-videos-full-screen-exiting-games.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I know this isnt technically a BSOD but its still a crash my laptop crashes each time I play games The crash Black Crash, sometimes and purple Screen screen green happens in different forms sometimes the screen goes weird and then two bands appear one purple one on Crash, Black Screen sometimes purple and green screen top and a whiteish one on bottom the whiteish band slowly turns green until it completly turns green The other variants are black screens but in one form it beeps times after the crash in the other it doesnt I tested to see if the laptop would crash with war thunder I got through the entire menu and to flight test my plane was in the landing strip for about seconds as soon as I pressed the quot w quot key the crash happened it was the purple with green one I would also like to say that yesterday there were no crashes whatsoever they just started today I have a cooler under my laptop at all times Oh and also I took the battery out and pressed the power button then I played an entire match of insurgency without a crash but then I connected my head set and cooler to the USB ports and it crashed shortly after dont know if coincidence or something to do with the power Please help any help would be appreciated

A:Crash, Black Screen sometimes purple and green screen

Update to the problem, now each time I want to turn it on it beeps 8 times, its starts off with high pitched beeps and then beeps 8 times with low pitched beeps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-black-screen-sometimes-purple-and-green-screen-855897.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I tried to switch batteries in my wireless mouse, replugged and got a black screen for safe start up from hardware removal or unexpected restart. What do I do next?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-black-screen-crash.606083/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys I've been using my personally assembled system for years now with some upgrades along the way For the last few months I have been getting these crashes where my screen goes black monitor LED goes orange It is white when it receives signal The computer remains on but unresponsive and I need to reboot Also an additional detail is if I were listening to music at the time of the crash the music does not carry on playing All sounds stop so the entire system crashes rather than the monitor simply losing signal A few times however rather than hang the computer has restarted completely to desktop In the event viewer the crashes usually have a Kernel Windows Kernel event ID error I suspect this is from my hard reboot When do the crashes occur Generally during some sort of intense activity usually gaming In particular I have noticed that the crash also often occurs as I alt-tab out or exit the game I'm pretty sure this is not a software driver issue as I just cleaned installed to Windows and the problem has still persisted Interestingly when stress testing the crash has never occurred during the stress tests No crashes during or after Prime and no crashes during Furmark However after exiting Furmark the crash occurs This crash does not occur immediately but about a minute after I've been able to recreate this a Screen Crash Black few times with the crash occurring only after exiting the program At the moment I'm completely stumped as to what it could be I've run memtest for about minutes with no errors I will run it overnight but RAM does not seem to be the problem The crashes exclusively occur after some sort of intensive application games or stress test And often immediately after exiting or alt-tabbing out of the application at that With the crash after Furmark I'm thinking it may be the GPU Or could this be a symptom of PSU failure I checked my v rail voltage in the BIOS and it seems to be fine Any insight would be much appreciated PC Specs i k GTX GB RAM Corsair XMS GB SSD Samsung EVO TB HDD Samsung F Motherboard MSI P A-G PSU Watt Antec High Current Gamer OS Windows P S Regarding the Sysnative app my documents folder is not on my OS C drive and so the app is failing to run properly I get the following Copy and paste the following information to the forum where you are receiving assistance Microsoft Windows Version HomeDrive C HomePath Users xxxx Userprofile C Users xxxx Please find Perfmon attached though

A:Black Screen Crash

No significant info in the BSOD.zip report.We'll need this info in order to proceed:Upload Dump Files:NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.Left click on the first minidump file.Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.Upload that .zip file with your next post.If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it. Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.htmlMore info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649MSINFO32:Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press EnterSave the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.systeminfo:Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586744/black-screen-crash/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I m new here and I really hate joining just because I have a problem but I figured I d ask people who knew more about screen crash Black computers than I do I have a basic knowledge and can usually troubleshoot my way through issues but I Black screen crash m stumped on this one I m experiencing black screen crashes Here are some pics of them PIC and PIC close-up As you can see there appears to be scrambled text I cannot alt-ctrl-delete my way out of here all I can do is hit the reset button I just built the computer and am running XP SP I get these crashes randomly It happens about twice a day while while light multi-tasking to even just viewing one IE window I ve run virus and adware checks with nothing out of the ordinary I ve installed the proper drivers for the mother board using the install cd I did notice that my hard drive is a tad bit noisy It clicks upon every action on the mouse and keyboard This may or may not be directly related but I thought I would point that out It s not super loud but noticeable Any help with this would really be appreciated Thanks and please let me know if more system info is needed Joe nbsp

A:Black screen crash

Hey Joe:
Are you using an intergrated graphics from your motherboard or a installed graphics card? if your using onboard graphics, I would uninstall any or all graphic drivers, confirm the drivers you need first, download them from the
maker of the mobo or graphics card maker, disable your antivirus before you
install any drivers as a rule! Also you maybe experiencing some type of power
corruption, like your hard drive, powersupply, or a weak or poor connection or
a chip set over heating in your VGA, I would power down and check connections from your powersupply and re-seat any installed cards attached
to your motherboard, feel free to send me a message and I will try to help you
any way I can! Rickman45

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-crash.74258/
Relevancy 60.63%

This started either screen crash once exactly day black a after loading x Server a share screen app or after a Flash update both were done in February When I click on a streaming video or any website or software which uses streaming video such as Skype my laptop instantly goes to black screen with backlighting An external monitor doesn't work either It happens with Firefox or IE or in the case black screen crash exactly once a day of Skype no browser I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash and updated Shockwave and uninstalled x and turned my video hardware acceleration all the way down but something has permanently changed in my video settings I am getting ready to move everything off and wipe the computer clean but I'm still puzzled about one thing Why does it happen exactly once and only once a day It's so predictable that I've established a routine of clicking on a streaming video as soon as I turn the computer on just to make it hang so I won't have to worry about it the rest of the day How or what process or message is my computer getting the first time I boot in the morning that it doesn't get the second third fourth or fifth time I boot that day Toshiba M XP SP Antivirus and Firewall installed and up-to-date Thanks

A:black screen crash exactly once a day

Hi Welcome to TSF

First thing.. it happens when you have just restarted the computer because you want it to crash so you can go on for the rest of the day without having the same issue
lets try something
Lets make sure that your windows are not booting with tons of application at the same time
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

After that is done Restart the computer
Wait for all the windows stuff to load and when you are on your desktop wait for another 2 minutes and then open up the browser or video
see if it crashes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-crash-exactly-once-a-day-644990.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have posted this on numerous tech sites and no one has been able to help including the thousands of BF2 Crash! Black Screen google searches i have done Hopefully this time i will get lucky BF2 Black Screen Crash! I just reinstalled Battlefield after many months with it not installed Installation goes fine downloaded the full patch and the latest drivers for my video card No problem yet go to run it i get the BF Logo splash screen goes black flickers and then crashes back to desktop I can hear the disc in my drive speed up during this process then slow down when it goes to the desktop Does anyone know why this is happening I have a Nvida gt and an AMD Athlon processor with XP SP Through numerous google searches i saw making sure your monitor refresh rate and resolution matched with the game would make it work I m not sure if this is the problem though I have a dual monitor setup quot and a quot wide hz refresh rate and x on each just in case if you need any more information feel free to ask im not very computer literate so you might have to spell out what you want Any help is greatly appreciated Jack nbsp

A:BF2 Black Screen Crash!

1) does it crash when you disable the second monitor?

2) Have you blown the dust out of your case? Heat can cause issues such as this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bf2-black-screen-crash.773034/
Relevancy 60.63%

For a while now I have had random black screen crashes I cannot quite remember but I believe they started after I changed a bunch of drivers around for some reason It was crashing quite often mostly in source games like Left Dead I decided I would reformat After the reformat I installed Black Screen Crash all my stuff again with the laters drivers and software I threw on an external hard-drive It hadn't crashed in a non-source game for two weeks but It would crash every Black Screen Crash time I tried to play Left for Dead normally after and hour and a half or so I thought it might be the local content since i transferred it from the first windows into the external hardrive and onto the new windows installation to save bandwidth I deleted the local content incase it was corrupt or something I redownloaded it and Black Screen Crash just played a hour game without crashing but I just crashed while playing oblivion within an hour This is of course unnerving I thought I had narrowed it down to an issue with the source engine and for the first time in a few weeks it crashed on a normal game I am running a GT XXX with gigs of ram and an Athlon X at ghz My PSU is W with all extra connectors plugged into the video card pin one It is not a temperature issue I have logged a maximum of degrees playing these games CPU max If it helps when it crashes there is a greenish line for half a second and then it is gone The monitor goes into standby and the sound loops I am using onboard Realtek HD Audio Which led me to believe it was the culprit but I have never had any problems with it before and when I reformatted I used the drivers off the disc for it It has never crashed in an application or idle only in games and even non-intensive games Which do however have sound Thanks in advance for reading the lengthy post if you have any suggestions they are of course welcome and if can do anything on my part Like a Dxdiag file or a Hijackthis log I would be more than happy to provide Thanks Again

Check Device Manager. Click "show hidden devices" and report any flagged devices.

Check Event Viewer. Look for chronic, significant and/or errors that occur at the same time of the crash.

Post full system specs on motherboard, video card, PSU and memory.

Burn a bootable CD with memtest and verify the memory is good.

Are you running overclocked ? If so, back down to factory specs and see if the problem continues.

Have you run chkdsk recently ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-crash-346367.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Over the past months or so the computer will black screen for about second them crash It will some times stutter before crashing but some times it just goes straight to the black screen It happens under a large variety of situations anything from surfing the internet playing video games and just while it is sitting inactive I have checked for dust it is clean Kapersky and SB Search amp Destroy both came up clean I ran a memory tester recommended by Valve and it tested with out any errors It is a relatively new computer A last note It may be unrelated but iTunes and Steam both have become sluggish and go unresponsive much to often System info OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name OWNER-PC System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion System Model VT AA-ABA HPE- y System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Crash Black Screen Phenom tm II X Processor Mhz Core s Logical Black Screen Crash Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Owner-PC Owner Time Zone Alaskan Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash.995411/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all
Im new to this forum and ive posted this topics in Games as it happens during them but I think its a hardware issue as well
After about 10-15 mins of idling in any game, the screen goes black (almost like in sleep mode) but its a crash since you cant recover from it and i have to restart my computer manually.
Ive tested the CPU and GPU and i can not figure out why my computer is doing this
I ran a virus scan and i reinstalled the Upgrade on my windows 7.
Actually microsoft did that via remote terminal when i thought there was a problem with my windows
Any help would be great!
Thanks

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash.1025911/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

My computer started giving me trouble with a blue screen and a long message on it and then shutting down. I don't remember what the message said. But at this point, when I turn my computer on, I get a black screen with the following message:

"Windows could not start because of an error in the software. Please report this problem as : load needed DLLs for HAL.
Please contact your support person to report this problem."

It is an E Machine T4165 and came with Windows XP Home already on it.

My questions are:

1. How do I get it running again? I have a restore CD that came with it. Will that do it?

2. If I use the restore CD, will I lose all files I have on the computer? Is there any way to save or recover them?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash.485151/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi i m having a terrible pc crash and i need help HP pavillon e Quad Core GB RAM GB HD NVidia Geforce GS Windows Vista bit home Premium Avast antivirus updated january I m having suddenly a black screen with a message no signal on it It happend time to time at the beginning and i thought it was a windows vista problem but now it happend all the time and not only on windows vista it happends also during bios on pc startup I ve opened the pc and clean a bit the dust to see if the fan was blocked and screen black crash motherboard or graphic card was overheating but it wasn t that I desactivated the graphic card black screen crash driver but it didnt solve the problem neither I cannot even try to format and apply backup because the computer crashes while i do that When crash happend i cannot ctr-alt-delete to restart it I have to unplug the pc and plug it again Do you have a clue for that please black screen crash nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

hey guys i've been facing this strange crashing problem ever since i upgraded to windows clean install btw randomly whenever i view photos in windows live photo gallery or view videos in media crash Black screen player classic home cinema x my screen goes black and all Black screen crash fans in my system hit full speed and if any audio was being played before the crash Black screen crash it continues to play for a few seconds and then loops i've had such crashes whenever either or both of these programs were in use i'm unable to reproduce this problem successfully it happens completely randomly i've run multiple passes of dmark vantage OCCT hours each with the small data set amp crysis benchmarks to verify system stability and surprisingly i haven't had a single crash while running them what's going on i'm completely stumped i've attached the dump files generated by the two most recent crashes i had not encountered a single crash of this type while on windows vista video card drivers are the latest - catalyst motherboard drivers are the latest as per the asus drivers page amp intel inf files have also been updated to the latest one from the software sub-forum using win codecs btw if it makes any difference file wer quot Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA C E BCP FFFFF A EF BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product quot file wer e quot Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml BCCode BCP FFFFFA D E BCP FFFFF B BEF BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product quot

A:Black screen crash

any errors in "event viewer" or "performance information and tools\advanced tools" ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/51508-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm running Win and have Malwarebytes Pro scanning constantly Was on the net running firefox yesterday didn't download or click any thing when screen split in two with the right side on the left and the left side on the right Crazy I know Anyway couldn't shut down normally so I forced it It came back up but then did it again The third time I could hear the mechanics going but the screen remained black After Screen Crash Black Don't even think I have a curser After several reboot tries I was holding down the alt key after pressing start button and the quot reboot normally start up repair quot came up but when command given it went back to black screen Now it just does the following press button in back can hear mechanical noise as if coming on backlit Black Screen After Crash keyboard comes on and the screen is white backlit keyboard goes dark and and the white screen goes dark backlit screen comes back on nothing after that This has to be one for the books Please help is you can

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401562-black-screen-after-crash.html
Relevancy 60.63%

recently I've been having problems with my laptop when I'm watching movies on hulu and sometimes when I'm playing games. basically the screen goes completely black. everything else is working because I can do quicksaves or I can shut down firefox with alt+f4 but nothing brings back my video until I restart.

I'm not sure if its flash 9 causing this or something else but I've had my laptop for over a year now and it started happening about a month ago.

specs are:
dell e1505
intel 945gm graphics
windows xp pro x64

any suggestions would be appreciated

A:black screen crash

Try re-installing your display drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash.738083/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,
Im new to these forums and my friend pointed them out to me.
Im rather desperate at this point since i can not figure out what is wrong with my computer.
When im playing Company of Heroes, Napoleon Total War, or Empire Total War, (these are the games ive tried) the screen will go black and the computer will crash after 5-15 mins of play. I spent 6 hours on remote terminal with microsoft while they fixed windows 7 problems and after that it still isnt working. My drivers were updated during that time period.
Im really out of options as i do have the hardware to run these games, they actually worked for a long time and now they have just randomly decided not to.
I would prefer not to completely wipe the hardrive (I already re-upgraded to W7 ultimate to fix the windows problems).
Any or all advice would help.

A:Black screen Crash

We could do with some more information about your system really.

What is the exact make and model of the PC, assuming its a 'big brand' pre-built like HP, Dell, Acer etc?
Have you changed / upgraded any hardware in it since you got it?

A DxDiag report would also probably be useful. Click Start and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the run box then hit enter. When the dxdiag window opens click the 'Save All Information' button on the bottom right of the window, save the .txt file to your desktop so you know where it is. Then copy and paste the entire contents of that text file into a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash.1025892/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello my apologies if I am posting this in the wrong section but I am desperate for help and just found this website I ll Crash Screen Black try to be a thorough Black Screen Crash as possible describing my problem and what I know about it to help you help me I just built my first PC during December of last year and I got a friend to help me build it Specifics ATX Guardian Case Asus Z Pro Motherboard AMD Radeon r graphics card gb ssd gb RAM Intel I - GHz Corsair TX Power Supply Now on to the problem After a day or two of having this computer I started to notice little wavy horizontal lines that would run from the top of the screen to the bottom while I was on it I finally got those to go away by using an HDMI cord instead of VGA I m not sure if that is related to this but the real problem is that whenever I am watching a video on the internet sometimes my computer will crash It used to be with grey vertical lines and after messing with some things whenever it happened they were all different colors I m not sure if this is limited to just videos or not because I m pretty sure it s happened a few times when my PC was just idoling I started a download of Elder Scrolls Online which I had to leave going all night once and woke up with a frozen computer and all that was up on the screen before the crash was the games launcher downloader Anyways after months of changing things and trying different fixes now when it crashes it s just a black screep with looping audio from whatever I was listening to Below I will post a few more specifics in a list Things I ve tried Updated drivers BIOS GPU CPU AUDIO Cleaned out my entire tower very thoroughly tweaked power settings set GPU voltage to constant through MSI afterburner move my GPU to another gpu slot on the mother board Another important note this has NEVER happened once in a video games I had it happen in games like runescape and the original HALO but I have a hunch its because they don t require very much power out of your graphics card But games like cs go wow far cry I can play the hell out of for hours on in but God forbid I want to watch a movie It always crashes during the good parts too lol But the only thing I can do is a hard restart Thanks for reading I ll be waiting anxiously for any replies nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi
I have recently upgraded to windows 7 on my netbook and since this I have been having problem with it randomly crashing the screen goes black and I can't do anything with it. Sometimes it restarts on its own and gives me an option to check out solutions but to no avail, I have also noticed that when windows is starting up, intially I have a black screen which eventually does rectify itself to the desktop... but its not right. Any ideas how I can put this right? I have minidump details if you need it...

Quote: Originally Posted by asinara88

Hi
I have recently upgraded to windows 7 on my netbook and since this I have been having problem with it randomly crashing the screen goes black and I can't do anything with it. Sometimes it restarts on its own and gives me an option to check out solutions but to no avail, I have also noticed that when windows is starting up, intially I have a black screen which eventually does rectify itself to the desktop... but its not right. Any ideas how I can put this right? I have minidump details if you need it...

Could you zip the minidump and upload it for debugging?

You might also want to upgrade your video driver

And run a system file check to verify and repair

to run type cmd in search>rightclick and run as admin>SFC /SCANNOW

let us know the results

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/36936-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The problem started around a week or two ago. When I run full screen games, the screen becomes black and the system does not respond to anything. Programs in the background still run as audio can still be heard. I suspect it may be BSOD but am unsure. The problem does not occur right away, it happens when the program has been on for around 10 minutes.

Some additional info: When I received the computer from the seller, I accidentally uninstalled some drivers and had to reinstall them. I tried to find the drivers on the NVIDIA site but the ones marked for my GPU did not work. I found another driver that worked, but I am not sure if that caused other issues.

- Windows 7
- 64 bit
- Original Vista installation
- Full retail OS version
- Hardware around 2 years old
- Windows 7 installed July 13, 09
- Intel Core2 Duo [email protected]
- NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
- System Manufacturer: Gateway

A:Black screen when running full screen games

One crash from back in January blaming a network driver

Code:
NETw5s64.sys Wed Jan 13 11:37:13 2010 (4B4DF6B9)
Update your driver - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...20Applications

Code:
31/12/2008 11:29:28 AM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\evbda.sys
This belongs to a Broadcom network device. It shows that it isn't running, but the driver is still on the computer and is from 2008. Either uninstall it or update it - Broadcom.com - Broadcom License Agreement

Code:
07/01/2011 9:07:22 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Video card is outdated.
Download newest driver from here - NVIDIA DRIVERS 295.73 WHQL
Uninstall current device from device manager. Make sure to choose the option to remove driver software.
Reboot and then install latest package

Code:
sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632)
Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD removal tool. This driver causes many BSOD/computer problems - DuplexSecure

Code:
SRTSP64.SYS Tue Jan 22 00:16:07 2008 (47957C17)
SRTSPX64.SYS Tue Jan 22 00:17:58 2008 (47957C86)
These belong to your Symantec product. Make sure your stuff is all up to date.

Code:
Event[150]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 2012-02-24T12:49:46.000
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: JuiceBox-PC
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4 (0x00000000000000f6, 0x00000000000000dc, 0xfffffa8006e30060, 0xfffff8800429fea9). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 022412-32697-01.
This is in your event log, but there is no minidump file. Do you run any system cleaners? If you do, stop, because they delete minidumps.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Tue Jan 17 11:12:09.119 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 3 days 13:17:19.981
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+1f7e43 )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_NETw5s64+1f7e43
BiosReleaseDate = 12/16/2008
SystemManufacturer = Gateway
SystemProductName = P-7805u
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2260
CurrentSpeed: 2261
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-when-running-full-screen-games-632368.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I recently bought a new PC as my laptop was past it s best Iopted for an HP desktop with Geforce graphics which I knew weren t the best but I New Menu PC, Crash After Screen Games still figured I d be able to play a fair few games According to System Requirements New PC, Games Crash After Menu Screen Lab all my existing games would work fine However after installing Star Wars Battlefront II which seemed to go fine I get to the game menu and can choose the map I want to play but when it actually comes to starting the game a black screen appears and I m taken back to the desktop This has happened repeatedly with the game graphics on the lowest settings and after updating my graphics drivers I m completely stumped so if anyone can help I d greatly appreciate it I ve attached a dxdiag report as well Thanks Andrew ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name ANDREW-HP Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model s - uk BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS E B A amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model BenQ G HD Monitor Id BNQ Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-E - B CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x C SubSys ID x E B A Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev c Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoP... Read more

Relevancy 60.63%

This issue has been aggravating me for a while and All or BSOD, help?! games crash I really want it to be taken care of Since I bought this computer mostly all my games have been crashing on me and I'd say about of the games I play just randomly crash or gives me the blue screen of death most often the blue screen of death Here are my specifications as I'm sure that someone will be asking for it Gb of OCZ RAM i GHz XFX Radeon HD MSI P -GD mobo Tb of HDD memory Running Windows Professional -bit using Corsair H liquid cooling as my main source of cooling and a Silverstone Strider W PSU GPU is always updated to its latest BIOS has never been updated still at or something I've seen the site and there's an option about updating it to but I've heard bad things about All games crash or BSOD, help?! updating BIOS and my CPU is All games crash or BSOD, help?! usually C sometimes spiking to something like C for a few seconds when I'm gaming I know a virus isn't causing this because I've wiped my hard drive a few times already If you guys need anymore information please ask Thanks

A:All games crash or BSOD, help?!

Are all your chipset and device drivers up to date?

Is your RAM 1, 2 or 4 sticks? Are they matched? Have you tried reseating them or running just 2gb?

Is your Windows 7 32 or 64 bit?

Post back with the full BSOD message, including the stop code and file name.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/all-games-crash-or-bsod-help-499743.html
Relevancy 60.63%

3d games crash, after random amounts of time with different errors 0x50, 0x8e.
Sometimes referencing the nvidia drivers.

barton 3200
msi k7n2 delta2 platinum
kingston dual tested valueram 2x256
nvidia 400u chipset
msi nvidia 5900xt card
420 raidmax psu
6 case fans
volcano heatsinkfan, all copper heatsink

memtest gives no errors after 8 hrs.

Tried reformat, tried sp1 and sp2 seperately, tried all drivers, from newest and beta, to just the msi drivers.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all I am new Crash My (Not BSOD) Games to these forums and need some help Many of the other posts are of BSOD s but mine is different Outside of games my computer performs and runs perfectly fine and same with games until recently Just recently no i have not installed ANYTHING my computer started crashing during games only It s wierd because normally people get BSOD but in my case i get repeating sound and still image Even if i let it sit there for a while it still doesnt give me a blue screen I am forced to reboot using my reset button At first it My Games Crash (Not BSOD) was only with CoD which i thought it was specific only to that game but the other day i was playing EQ and the sound froze and image froze The sound lets say of me slashing keeps repeating I have the latest drivers for my Graphics card and for my sound card and dont know why this started happening The wierd thing is that i havent installed anything Ive diagnosed my HD and nothing comes up ive scanned my comp and its clean ive yet to check the ram but willdo tonight I hope its not the ram and its compatible w my Mobo checked before i bought it Ill try updating as many drivers as possible but again it shouldnt be this because it ran perfectly earlier with these drivers Ive had a chipset problem on my mobo a long time ago but doubt it was this because that was about months ago and games have been running fine afterwards of course until now Also Ive had SP from the getgo so it shouldnt be that Im not sure guys i need your help real badly Nothing is inside my comp no disks or anything Nothing connected through USB other than my mouse Ive restored to a point where my comp worked perfectly and it still crashes Windows XP Profession Edition SP w Aspire PSU AMD Venice Core Asus A N x Motherboard PCI-E Seagate gb HD - RPM BenQ ms LCD Monitor Creative Labs Speaker System SB Audigy Value Sound Card x DDR PC Corsair Ram eVGA Geforce GT nbsp

A:My Games Crash (Not BSOD)

Sounds like the same problem I have these days. When you reboot and it loads back into Windows, does it say 'Windows recovered from a serious error' and quote the error code 1000007f in the error report that is generated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-games-crash-not-bsod.43637/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I try here post every problem got My pc crashing a lot its everytime crash Bsod,games when i playing games or just when i just turn on some program Sometimes games like garrys mod league of Bsod,games crash legends dont get Bsod,games crash bsod just crash My pc is buy about year so its not so old first i have xp after that i Bsod,games crash try vista and Windows but still bsod nothing chance ye now i have g Ram i just try ram but still i get bsod My configuration system is now here yes i have now xp but i plant buy windows after i try destroy bsods i post here dxdiag And ye i post here my minidump i try reinstall xp but still bsod so i dont have not lots of but still about - minidump ITs lot of Page vault in non memory area Thx for any help that work Edit I think it cant be RAMS i try new rams and still bsod

A:Bsod,games crash

Update ASUS ATK0110 ACPI Utility - ASUS support:

ASACPI.sys Thu Aug 12 22:52:52 2004

Update Atheros AR8121/AR8113 PCI-E Ethernet Controller:

l1e51x86.sys Wed Aug 05 01:49:35 2009

There's something I ask you to clarify, how come you have both via audio and creative labs? Perhaps removed your creative card but still having its drivers left? If so uninstall all Creative software and drivers and sweep its remnants with the Driver Sweeper:

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

-> viahduaa.sys Tue Jun 02 04:52:36 2009 (VIA)
-> monfilt.sys Wed Jan 04 02:41:48 2006 (Creative)

Your report shows your audio is VIA, so update VIA Audio audio card driver:

viahduaa.sys Tue Jun 02 04:52:36 2009

~~~~~~

If new crashes crashes reoccur, submit the new crash dumps for further analysis. But first be sure to follow the steps suggested above.

Crash Dumps:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [F:\a\Minidump\D M P\Mini121210-06.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 3) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 2600.xpsp.080413-2111
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055d720
Debug session time: Sun Dec 12 12:13:29.890 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:45:48.634
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 100000D1, {a, 2, 0, b0da8c66}

Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!TCBTimeout+a2e )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000a, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: b0da8c66, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: 0000000a

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
tcpip!TCBTimeout+a2e
b0da8c66 668b471e mov ax,word ptr [edi+1Eh]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 6

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: COMMON_SYSTEM_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: League of Legen

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from b0da43ec to b0da8c66

STACK_TEXT:
b84c7e74 b0da43ec b0decf60 00000000 b84c7fa0 tcpip!TCBTimeout+0xa2e
b84c7e84 805021ff b0decf70 b0decf60 e5b8288a tcpip!TCBTimeoutdpc+0xf
b84c7fa0 8050231b 66506189 ffdff9c0 ffdff000 nt!KiTimerListExpire+0x14b
b84c7fcc 80545e6f 8055c4c0 00000000 0002af28 nt!KiTimerExpiration+0xb1
b84c7ff4 805459db af075d44... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/130690-bsod-games-crash.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

I recently put together my first computer and everything has been going wonderfully, up until I started playing games.
The other night I was playing an online FPS and the computer suddenly crashed and I got a blue screen with an error message that dissapeared too fast for me to read.
However I've gone and attached the minidump file in my post.
The problem has returned 4 times already and I'm starting to get worried, I'm not quite sure what to do.
It only happens when I play games though, which is different from the other posts I've read...

If anyone could help me out, I'd very much appreciate it! ;3

A:BSOD crash during games

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeimz

Hello,

I recently put together my first computer and everything has been going wonderfully, up until I started playing games.
The other night I was playing an online FPS and the computer suddenly crashed and I got a blue screen with an error message that dissapeared too fast for me to read.
However I've gone and attached the minidump file in my post.
The problem has returned 4 times already and I'm starting to get worried, I'm not quite sure what to do.
It only happens when I play games though, which is different from the other posts I've read...

If anyone could help me out, I'd very much appreciate it! ;3

This one was caueed by your NewDeathAdder mouse driver (danew.sys) I would download a fresh copy and install it.

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\050910-22713-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a52000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c8fe50
Debug session time: Sun May 9 19:48:23.412 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:34:53.536
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\danew.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for danew.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for danew.sys
Probably caused by : danew.sys ( danew+6da )

---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (Win32) 0 (0) - The operation completed successfully.

FAULTING_IP:
+6723952f017edf10
00000000`00000000 ?? ???

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000000000000

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002aba32e to fffff80002ac25d0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03120c98... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83816-bsod-crash-during-games.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello
I bought a custom built computer about a year ago. Ive had frequent BSOD's while playing games, they seem to occur pretty randomly.This is the error report I recieve.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800503F038
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\062510-22812-01.dmp
C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-58343-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Ive tried changing operating system from Vista to Windows 7, updating my Nvidida drivers and reducing background processes, nothing has worked .
I really just need someone to diagnose what component of my system is crashing, so i can upgrade or replace it. Plzzz Help

A:BSOD crash during games

Hi Jonathan

If you are receiving blue screens, then please follow this guide http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

Upload the .dmp here

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/93465-bsod-crash-during-games.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have (Toshiba Satelite)laptop with Win7 & IE9 that will have a boot up with black screen
occuring after startup. The black screen states PXE - E61 media test failure check cable and
PXE - MOF existing PXE ROM. Then the computer gets past this black screen and finishes booting up.
I will then experience a blue screen crash intermittently, seems to happen when on the internet,
but not sure. The blue screen has a full screen info that last 2 to 3 seconds and I'm unable to
read it all. It does state crash dump towards end of message. The computer will go blank then reboot on its own
showing black screen info again. Usually after this reboot things run somewhat ok, but somewhat slower. Have run
malware bytes, avast, super anti-spyware and c cleaner. Checked all updates and drivers with no help
from these. Any suggestions and is this something Mybleepingcomputer can fix?

A:Black Screen with Blue Screen Crash

Sounds like a failing hard drive or motherboard at worst but hopefully not. Have you taken the steps to back-up your documents first?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441500/black-screen-with-blue-screen-crash/
Relevancy 60.63%

hy
my problem is black screen in access windows 10 or blue screen error nvlddmkm

tnk

A:Black screen or Crash Blue Screen

Please remove all pirated programs and such from your system before we can start troubleshooting.
The Forum Rules is meant for everything regarding piracy
Discussing it,Asking for guidance,Asking for a crack,The use of it,Etc.

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54511-black-screen-crash-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Spent the last days loading Win Help Black Blue Screen & Crash on a PC I rebuilt What a pain in the rear Anyway got it loaded and files restored but there appears Black & Blue Screen Crash Help to be a problem Hopefully I am not an isolated case Black & Blue Screen Crash Help My puter will all the sudden either go to a BLUE or BLACK screen with no ERROR MESSAGE and just freezes Only pattern I notice sometimes when I start a program or let the system sit idle and it goes into auto screen power save It is annoying as heck I have checked the drivers for my video DVD CD printer and HDD through MS WIN feature All up to date Updated Win and checked all the little things I know to do HELP PLEASE THXSKEDIT Ok pattern established If I go to START and either try to use the LOG OFF or SWITCH USER Crash to BLACK and then BLUE Black & Blue Screen Crash Help About to the point of removing WIN and going back to WIN XP PRO Whatever happened to Win NT it was stable and reliable

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279772/black-blue-screen-crash-help/
Relevancy 60.2%

So obviously I didn t really solve the problem because the reasons I thought it was happening before are not occurring this time at all Here is the original thread with the quot solution quot http forums techguy org games -solved-games-cause-monitor-go html So now I actually have a fresh install of Windows XP Speedfan says my temps are all around C and after a reboot Supreme Commander crashes my PC around seconds into a Same is black screen crash back... old map Screen goes black fans spin up sound glitches out etc Upon rebooting immediately the temp is still C If my processor or GPU were overheating so much that my PC crashed I d think the temp would stay Same old black screen crash is back... higher longer I ve had my GPU up to C and still was able to play games fine and I don t see my PC going from over C to C from the time it takes me to power off my PC to Windows loading Speedfan So here are some new theories RAM - I ran DXDiag and it said I have MB of RAM but after a clean reboot my page file was in use immediately Maybe I don t know what a page file really is but I thought it took over AFTER the RAM ran out If this is true does it mean my RAM is bad since the page file is being used as soon as Windows starts That would explain crashes pretty well PSU - It s an older PSU years so I guess I could see it going bad but aside from gaming I experience no problems whatsoever I don t really have the money to just go and buy another PSU to see if that was the issue Heat - Even though it sounds ludicrous a part of me is open to the idea of my PC overheating If any experts out there think that this could still be happening despite what I said above please say so I will gladly upload pics of my case so that you can recommend ways to cool it down Drivers - In the post that I linked to above Smiles n Grins suggested downloading older drivers for my card because the newer ones are defective I tried doing this again since it seemed to have worked for a little bit the last time but now I have a fresh XP install but all of the drivers from his link are for quot Quadro quot whatever that is and I can t install them I m not sure how I got it to work last time Thanks in advance you guys have been a lot of help so far with most of my problems nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/same-old-black-screen-crash-is-back.896385/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys My Screen Black Crash Responsive Non first post here hope someone can help I bought a new PC a week ago and about once a day it completely locks up The screen goes into power save Black Screen Non Responsive Crash mode sound goes off and the keyboard is non responsive caps lock light not changing etc I have to press the power button to turn it off and back on again The event log lists event ID but I think thats from me turning the computer off and on again rather than the freeze Basically I have no idea Black Screen Non Responsive Crash what the issue is if its hardware or software It happens seemingly randomly sometimes ill just be on the internet othertimes when I plug in my iPhone or playing a game I hope someone has some ideas of things to try or how to diagnose the issue Specs Windows bit Intel Core Quad Q ghz GB RAM nVidia GB Graphics Card TB HDD Things I have tried Updated all drivers Plugged computer directly into wall socket rather than multiplug Disabled power saving Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated I could probably take it back but if it can be solved that would save me considerable hassle Thanks

A:Black Screen Non Responsive Crash

Hi and welcome to TSF this is the best info I can find from ms http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-non-responsive-crash-507452.html
Relevancy 60.2%

OS - Windows x What was the original installed OS Screen and Crash, Buzzing Black on sthe ystem Yes Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Approximate age of system hardware gt month Approximate age of OS installation if you know gt month Have you re-installed the OS No CPU i k Video Card R x Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing MotherBoard if NOT Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing a laptop msi pc mate z Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop corsair cx m I was getting some slight video flickering with white horizontal lines when watching videos with vlc when it crashed the first time Reinstalled AMD drivers which seemed to fix the problem Video flickering went away and I continued to watch videos for the rest of the night without issue Woke up this morning and played Portal for two hours without issue Then watched videos for an hour or Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing so before the second crash Both crashes resulted in a loud buzz most likely the audio looping and a black screen that forced me to restart the computer by holding the power button Any help is appreciated thank you

A:Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing

It would immediately seem like a graphics related issue. Have you tried a separate graphics card or the on-board integrated graphics chip if available on your motherboard?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-black-screen-and-buzzing-953449.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey there guys I seem to have a serious problem which I can't exactly wrap my brain around My specs are Windows Ultimate bit AMD Phenom II x BE Asus M A D AMD Socket AM PCI-Express DDR Motherboard ATI Radeon OCZ DDR mhz GB x GB w Thermaltake Modular power supply Errors Windows black crash. screen 7 Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Windows 7 black screen crash. Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User LOCAL SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description A fatal hardware error has occurred Component AMD Northbridge Error Source Machine Check Exception Error Type HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error Processor ID The details view of this entry contains further information Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt Windows 7 black screen crash. lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger quot Guid quot C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt Windows 7 black screen crash. lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot C- D - ED- F - FC B FB quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorSource quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ApicId quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot MCABank quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot MciStat quot gt xfa f f lt Data gt lt Data Name quot MciAddr quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot MciMisc quot gt xc a fff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ErrorType quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Length quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot RawData quot gt FFFFFFFF A E A BDC CF B EB C F CB FE FF E C C CBA ABE BB DEF F CA C ADCC B DB BB E F C F DB B A EDC A B B FA B E D D E AF C E CC F E F F F FFFB B B F F CB C A AA EEF FFA C E C E CABF AF F CA F F FA FF F AC lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Jay-PC Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x xfffffa d e f x x A dump was saved in C Windows Minidump - - dmp Report Id - - Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting quot Guid quot ABCE E -DE - - - FA C quot EventSourceName quot BugCheck quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt x x xfffffa d e f x x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C Windows Minidump - - dmp lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt - - lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Date Event ID Task Category Session Level Error Keywords Session User SYSTEM Computer Jay-PC Description Session quot Microsoft-Windows-Setup quot stopped due to the following error xC D Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing quot Guid quot B EC -BDB - -BC -F FDC D CA quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt Time... Read more

A:Windows 7 black screen crash.

Sorry for the double post but here is my minidump also. RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/84946-windows-7-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hei everyone i have found another solution to the bf2 black screen crash to desktop problem. I installed the game and updated the game to v1.5. After that i launched the 1.41 patch. And voila everything works great and it still got the v1.5 after that you run 1.41. if you get a message that a newer version is installed when you are running the bf2 patch 1.5 go to regedit and search for battlefield. there you vil see some strings like locale,languade,installdir etc. add a new string callled version and enter 1.41 in the string and i will work.

hope this helps.

This was tested with win 7 x64

please reply if this helps you guys, and if it dont work, reply that to and i will se what i can do too help you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bf2-black-screen-crash-to-desktop-fix.923391/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I really hope someone out there can help me with this issue that i am having No screen crash, Signal Black with my computer whilst i am playing world of warcraft I seem to be getting a black screen after a random period of time and then the no signal sign pops up the problem seems to intermittent for the most part but recent seems to be crashing after minutes i have read the forums and tried out the suggested methods on them ie update drivers uninstall reinstall graphic card but the problem still persists i have downloaded speedfan to monitor gpu temperatures but that is not presenting me with enough proof that the card is at fault at least not enough to justify the expense of a new card operating system Windows home premium -bit system manufacturer packard bell system model ixtreme m processor intel core quad cpu q GHz memory mb ram running direct x video card No Signal crash, Black screen Nvdia geforce gt let me just say that No Signal crash, Black screen i am hopeless with technical terminology and finding my way around a pc so please help me with my problem but also keep it simple hopefully this issue can be resolved with me spending a fortune on a new graphics card etc

A:No Signal crash, Black screen

A way to test the graphic card is to use the GPU test in OCCT
OCCT (OverClock Checking Tool) 3.0.0 download from Guru3D.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154724-no-signal-crash-black-screen.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

Since Updating to Win 10 I have been crashing either while browsong or gaming almos daily basis. Other strange behaviour is CPU load goes to 100% when i Alt tab out of game to home screen from steam.
Also the video driver has stopped working for a bit, screen goes balck, then recovers. here is my PC

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/lssuhugaHxI7oe0Y6WzwLN1

Any help would be appreciated

thx!!

A:Random Crash - Black screen

by the way here is minitoolbox info. please help had another big crash where I had to turn off for 15 secs power supply to get pc to turn on again.

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 25-07-2015 01
Ran by rob (administrator) on 20-08-2015 at 21:46:56
Running from "C:\Users\rob\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 10 Home  (X64)
Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M. Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (08/20/2015 07:05:47 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: mbam.exe, version: 2.3.55.0, time stamp: 0x557a2a02
Faulting module name: mbam.exe, version: 2.3.55.0, time stamp: 0x557a2a02
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001de682
Faulting process id: 0x16dc
Faulting application start time: 0xmbam.exe0
Faulting application path: mbam.exe1
Faulting module path: mbam.exe2
Report Id: mbam.exe3
Faulting package full name: mbam.exe4
Faulting package-relative application ID: mbam.exe5

Error: (08/20/2015 07:04:28 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)
Description: Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: -2144927141 See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Error: (08/20/2015 04:32:25 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)
Description: Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: -2144927141 See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Error: (08/20/2015 10:28:56 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/20/2015 12:54:51 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/19/2015 06:03:38 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/19/2015 01:19:51 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/18/2015 11:08:03 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/18/2015 07:56:00 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/18/2015 07:00:51 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

System errors:
=============
Error: (08/20/2015 09:45:20 PM) (Source: Schannel) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: A fatal alert was received from the remote endpoint. The TLS protocol defined fatal alert code is 20.

Error: (08/20/2015 09... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587257/random-crash-black-screen/
Relevancy 60.2%

hello
sometimes my windows stuck and only hard reset help.
i saw in windows history crushed logs that "Service_KMS.exe" stop working
what i need to do?
(win 7)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383977-pc-crash-black-screen-stuck.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I finally got my old desktop out of the closet and got it working again yesterday I broke it today I was messing around with it trying screen Crash, black pure XP to free up some space and I was deleting an extracted ISO file for Windows that I was using for class making virtual machines and whatnot and after I had sent everything to the recycling bin and permanently deleted them XP the OS I have running on XP Crash, pure black screen the puter started sending me message after message of something along the lines of quot What you did was stupid now I will not work correctly quot So I try to get to the system restore as quickly as possible but of course it crashes before I get there So I try to start it back up in safe mode seeing if I could reach it from there and all I get is a screen with safe mode written on the corners and my cursor drifting in a field of black I also tried safe mode with command prompt to try to get the system restore from there but no luck I don t XP Crash, pure black screen have any of the installation CD s as I haven t used this computer in years so I didn t really keep track of them If anyone has any idea for what I should do I d appreciate some help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-crash-pure-black-screen.924802/
Relevancy 60.2%

My pc system was working fine for the last two years. I have a 8800 gts graphics card. 3.0 cpu, soundblaster extreme, and 3 memory. I was playing Bio Shock 2 and my game kept freezing....needing a reboot. Eventually it crashed to a black screen. No sound, nothing. Now all my games crash to black screen. Hard drive makes a intermittant clicking noise after the crash while frozen. Computer does NOT crash when surfing internet and other functions. Hard drive going bad? Computer has same power supply and in same area (regarding cooling).

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I was using laptop yesterday when it just crashed. Now the screen is black I cant shut it down properly so power light is blinking. When I turn it on I see the arrow but can't do anything. I have it less than a year.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/computer-crash-and-black-screen/td-p/5645188
Relevancy 60.2%

greetings over the last 2 days I have crashed to black screen 3 or 4 times. no blue. almost seems like it tries to reboot but it doesnt. how can i figure out whats up. I suspect video drivers but I have updated them due to this machine only being 2 days old.

A:Crash to black screen during gaming.

Quote: Originally Posted by dwrhoades1

greetings over the last 2 days I have crashed to black screen 3 or 4 times. no blue. almost seems like it tries to reboot but it doesnt. how can i figure out whats up. I suspect video drivers but I have updated them due to this machine only being 2 days old.

what does it say in event viewer? Type eventvwr in search. go to the windows log>application tab first.

Look for critical errors (they have red i the left column) that say app hang, app crash, or anything that describes the problem.

When you fond them note the Event ID and source codes and tell us what they are.
Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/87287-crash-black-screen-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone I have been experiencing random crashes on my newly built pc and so far every atempt I've made at trying to find a crash and Black screen Random solution Random Black screen and crash have failed At first it seems to be quite random but some program seem to make it crash every time I use them The symptoms are as follows -black screen though sometimes it shows colored stripes instead of total black -hdd still active for - seconds then no activity light whatsoever -sound loops -even num lock is unresponsive -a signal is still sent through the graphics card as the TV does not show the usual quot No input signal quot when there's well no input -no reboot I have to manually reset the PC -no dump files My setup is -MSI P A-C B -i k not overclocked - x Gb G Skill Ripjaws X cl not overclocked with and without XMP profile activated but I had to set the right timings in bios as it showed instead of -Sapphire HD not overclocked -Antec HCG W -WD Caviar Blue TB -image is sent to a LG LH LCD TV via HDMI I've tried everything from reinstalling graphics drivers old new preview to reinstalling windows I'm on the bits version It does not seem to be a hardware failure since every test or burn I make is succesful and does not cause any problem Graphics card does not go over C with Furmark and handles every game perfectly CPU does not go over C under Primer MEMTEST did not show any error during the passes it did and I also tried switching the slots in which they were installed I did a speedfan log along with a Furmark log until it crashed and they show correct readings PSU delivers good voltage on the V V in BIOS Heck I even tried on a different wall plug in case the one I was using was faulty Nothing seems to correct my problem One thing I noticed I tried launching Bioshock Steam version It runs perfectly when I play immediatly but whenever I try updating it via Game for Windows Live it crashes anytime between login and installing the update But this crash is not game related it did have the same crash a few times while on the desktop doing nothing special The first time this black screen appeared was when I switched from Basic Windows Theme to Aero after first OS installation It also happens during loading screens or menu in some games Shogun BC but never happens while gaming Anyone knows what could be the cause of this It is very annoying frustrating AND worrysome because I don't know if it is a hardware problem or a software one A few questions -could this be caused by the TV Or the cheap HDMI cables I am using I've been using this on my laptop previously and never had any problems -Bad OS installation Even though I installed it twice already Maybe the DVD is damaged i burnt it a while ago but the OS still installed even though it had errors - bits version -Graphics card failure -software driver conflict -anything else Thanks for having read all this and thanks in advance for helping me I really don't know what to do

A:Random Black screen and crash

Here is the zip archive containing the files from SF Diagnostic Tool. Sorry, some of it is in French (my computer language) but ask me for any translation if necessary. Thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156976-random-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 60.2%

When i launch bf the splash screen launches then i get a black screen then the game crashes to desktop things i have tried -Reinstalling the game -updating sound and video driver -updating windows its all updated -Try running a game with Exe fix to make sure it was not a dvd drive issue -Running it under Window XP sp mode and under administration right I can run Crysis and Call of Duty just without screen 2 crash. black Battlefield any problems System Battlefield 2 black screen crash. Spec -AMD Athlon X - gig corsair XMS ram -Bernstein channel HD audio -EVGA geforce gt video card factory overclocked to mhz -DFI Lan Party fx-M Battlefield 2 black screen crash. R motherboard - watt sli certified ANtec Powersupply -Window Vista basic home edition bit OS ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ok I solved the problem If anyone else who is having this problem here is what I did Went to Document gt BAttlefield gt Profile -Open up the Audio con File - under AudioSettings setProvider quot software quot Change quot software quot to quot Hardware quot -IT should look like this with change ------ gt AudioSettings setProvider quot hardware quot So here is how my audio con file looks like now AudioSettings setVoipEnabled AudioSettings setVoipPlaybackVolume AudioSettings setVoipCaptureVolume AudioSettings setVoipCaptureThreshold AudioSettings setVoipBoostEnabled AudioSettings setVoipUsePushToTalk AudioSettings setProvider quot hardware quot AudioSettings setSoundQuality quot High quot AudioSettings setEffectsVolume AudioSettings setMusicVolume AudioSettings setHelpVoiceVolume AudioSettings setEnglishOnlyVoices AudioSettings setEnableEAX nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

hello
sometimes my windows stuck and only hard reset help.
i saw in windows history crushed logs that "Service_KMS.exe" stop working
what i need to do?
(win 7)

A:PC crash to black screen and stuck

More info:

Every day in mid-action screen goes completely black and only hard reset releases the computer (pc stuck).

Another problem might be related to:
Last week, every time I went into a direct download of a file download from the Internet is not downloading, is showing the sign of the loading and load a long time and end up without downloading anything.
files like bluescreenview.exe in this forum download center or something like that...

(This is true for all browsers, IE, Firefox, and Chrome - and checked properly downloaded from the download link on another computer and its working good).

what did I do:
I was looking for viruses using NOD32 - not found
I was looking for spyware using malwarbytes anti-malware home - not found
I updated drivers and audio screen.

I entered history Crashes windows and saw I got the black screens read:
service_KMS.exe stopped working.

Another problem that calls me that perhaps related to: Sometimes I get "Explore windows has stopped working".

my computer is new.

Thank you friends a good week.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383977-pc-crash-black-screen-stuck.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys My first post here not sure if this is the right board but hope someone can help I bought a new PC a week ago and about once a day it completely locks up The screen goes into power save mode sound goes off and the keyboard is non responsive caps lock light not changing etc I have to press the power button Non Crash Screen Black Responsive to turn it off and back on again The event log lists event ID but I think thats from me turning the computer off and on again rather than the freeze Basically I have no idea what the issue is if its hardware or software It happens seemingly randomly sometimes ill just be on the internet othertimes when I plug in my iPhone or playing a game I hope someone has some ideas of things to try or how to diagnose the issue Specs Windows bit Intel Core Quad Q ghz GB RAM nVidia GB Graphics Card TB HDD Things I have tried Updated all drivers Plugged computer directly into wall socket rather than multiplug Disabled power saving Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated I could probably take it back but if it can be solved that Black Screen Non Responsive Crash would save me considerable hassle Thanks

A:Black Screen Non Responsive Crash

Quote: Originally Posted by Crimsonmajor

Hi guys,

My first post here, not sure if this is the right board, but hope someone can help!

I bought a new PC a week ago, and about once a day, it completely locks up. The screen goes into power save mode, sound goes off and the keyboard is non responsive (caps lock light not changing etc).

I have to press the power button to turn it off and back on again. The event log lists event ID 41, but I think thats from me turning the computer off and on again, rather than the freeze.

Basically I have no idea what the issue is, if its hardware or software. It happens seemingly randomly, sometimes ill just be on the internet, othertimes when I plug in my iPhone, or playing a game. I hope someone has some ideas of things to try or how to diagnose the issue.

Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50ghz
4GB RAM
nVidia 1GB Graphics Card
1TB HDD

Things I have tried:
Updated all drivers
Plugged computer directly into wall socket rather than multiplug
Disabled power saving

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated! I could probably take it back, but if it can be solved that would save me considerable hassle!

Thanks!

Crimsonmajor,

My recommendation to you as the owner of a week old laptop experiencing a myriad of problems, would be to seek advice under the warranty conditions that apply. The sooner the better.

Jan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/105449-black-screen-non-responsive-crash.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I randomly have issues of game s crashing into quot BlueScreen quot errors Well the screen isn t really a bluescreen but rather the image of the game becomes corrupted Sometimes you can still hear the audio while the screen is frozen in place and it sometimes auto restarts the computer on it s own I am either playing World of Warcraft or Starcraft Screen Blue during Video crash Games II These are my solutions Though the error occurs in both games I have re-installed them both games multiple times I have installed Blue Screen crash during Video Games the latest drivers including my graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GT Problem Persists I initially had Windows Vista Bit running but I had just did a clean and fresh install of Windows Ultimate Bit Problem persists I have cleaned out my desktop computer from dust and took out the graphic card and placed it back in This is the quot error quot Windows caught Problem Blue Screen crash during Video Games signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA C D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Joe AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt My computer specs HP Intel Quad Core Q Ghz GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT BIOS Date Ver Direct X If anyone can provide any constructive suggestions that would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Right ok i Games Blackouts HELP Random and Screen Crash. need some serious technical help I had an ATI Radeon SE it worked fine for the good half of a year then i started getting Random Screen blackouts and a VPU Error saying that it was Random Screen Blackouts and Games Crash. HELP no longer recieving graphics commands these would stall for about - seconds and sometimes more I then a few weeks ago went and bought a new graphics card in hope that it was just the card that had seen its days card i bought was a GeForce FX and now its still doing the same Random Screen Blackouts and Games Crash. HELP without the error i think that was an ATI fail safe feature but sometimes it will cut out completely and monitor says No Signal ive tried rolling back to ever single forceware driver i could find ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling ive tried reformatting my computer and running fresh It s really doing my head in i want it fixed lol and also when i play games they crash and flicker and one time in MOHAA when i actually got it to run the textures and objects looked as if they were being streched sort of big lines dont know how to describe it but im going to buy a friends GeForce FX today and see if i still get the same thing but pleasee can anyone help i seriously would appreciate it and i seriously need it thanks nbsp

A:Random Screen Blackouts and Games Crash. HELP

That could be a few things but the stretching lines indicates an overheating GPU on your video card. Your Nvidia utility should have a temperature display. The utility is either in the toolbar or right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Display then select temperature Settings. Do this as close to possible to the failure point. WHat does the temp readout say now? Then run a gaame and let me know what it says.

Have to go to work but I'll check in later. It should be below 60c at idle. Higher is OK but it means you have a overheating problem in your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-screen-blackouts-and-games-crash-help.35128/
Relevancy 60.2%

Recently my computer has begun to crash in the middle of games (Counter strike and League of Legends). The crash happens abruptly while playing, the screen tears the image completely where nothing on the screen is now identifiable, just shreds of the image/colors/pixels. The PC then stops all tasks and continues to run with the frozen image on the screen with no sound or anything running. I have to hard reset and hold the power button. The computer runs fine right after, a slow boot up at most. I know my CMOS battery is dying due to the clock on my computer losing time. Is could that be a problem linked to this?

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

Relevancy 60.2%

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
- installed myself (full retail)

Just upgraded mobo, graphics card , new RAM, and water cooler for cpu

ASUS Motherboard M5
AMD FX(tm) - 8150 Eight-Core Processor
Radeon AMD HD 6950
(tried a backup Nvidia 650 TI but had the same problems)

Though the comp seems to crash the most during games, it has also crashed while using the internet, and on the desktop with nothing but programs and windows open. It doesn't always give me BSOD, sometimes it just freezes and system manager cannot be called up. One time it even cut out the sound of the game after stuttering for a second. A minute later the rest of it froze.

I used Blue Screen View and it seems to source ntoskrnl.exe as the main culprit though others like blbdrive.sys and win32k.sys have also showed up.

Any help would be great. Let me know if you need anymore info.

A:BSOD crash during games and browsing

Did you upgrade your hardware and reinstall Windows? Do you have a lot of experience with watercooling? Where did you get your drivers for your new hardware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240743-bsod-crash-during-games-browsing.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have recently upgraded virtually my entite PC think the only remaining items are the CPU's and the drives so I could jump ship from console to PC gaming and have found that certain games are crashing my PC so far Ghosts TF Outlast have crashed it sporadically - although I seem to have resolved the Ghosts issue by updating my motherboard drivers and one game called Madballs crashed my PC repeatedly till I had to stop playing it before I bonged someone on the head with my keyboard Windows diag description Problem signature PC Games Causing - Crash Certain BSOD Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA E FE F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the BSOD - Certain Games Causing PC Crash problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Alterego AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xmlr Attached is the log from the self diagnostic tool any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wits end and don't have the spare cash to be going to a shop with it

A:BSOD - Certain Games Causing PC Crash

Since I posted the above Ghosts has crashed twice and TF2 once.....no idea what's going on!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323774-bsod-certain-games-causing-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I get blue screen problem while gaming first I got sometimes red screen a lot but now blue screen I have video card replaced by another but problem remains Can anyone help me Here you have the complete mini dump file Computer Model OEM Chassis Desktop Mainboard while crash playing games bsod ASUS SABERTOOTH FX Serial Number MT BIOS AMI OEM Total Memory GB DIMM DDR Processors Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor M T GHz GHz GHz IMC x MB L MB L Socket Slot AM r AM Chipset Memory Controller AMD F Orochi CPU HT Hub x GHz GHz x GB DIMM DDR GHz -bit Memory Module s Memory Module Corsair CML GX M A C GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Memory Module Corsair CML GX M A C GB DIMM DDR bsod crash while playing games PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Memory Module Corsair CML GX M A C GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - bsod crash while playing games - - - - - Memory Module Corsair CML GX M A C GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Video System Monitor Panel Philips FTV x quot Video Adapter AMD Radeon HD Series CU SP SM MHz GB DDR GHz -bit PCIe x Graphics Processor OpenCL GP Processor AMD Radeon HD Series SP C MHz GB DDR GHz -bit Compute Shader Processor AMD Radeon HD Series SP C MHz GB DDR GHz -bit Storage Devices OCZ-VERTEX GB SATA SSD MB Cache GB C Hitachi HDS ALA TB SATA quot rpm MB Cache TB Microsoft Storage Space TB TB D Generic- Compact Flash USB N A H Generic- SM xD-Picture USB N A I Generic- SD MMC USB N A J Generic- MS MS-Pro USB N A K TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- BB SATA DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache N A E HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH LS SATA BD-RE DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache N A F Logical Storage Devices Lokaal station C GB NTFS OCZ-VERTEX GB SATA SSD MB Cache Lokaal station D TB NTFS Microsoft Storage Space TB Removable Drive H N A Generic- Compact Flash USB Removable Drive I N A Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Removable Drive J N A Generic- SD MMC USB Removable Drive K N A Generic- MS MS-Pro USB Optical Drive E N A TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- BB SATA DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache Optical Drive F N A HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH LS SATA BD-RE DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache Peripherals LPC Hub Controller ATI AMD IXP SB SMBUS Controller LPC Hub Controller ATI AMD SB LPC host controller LPC Legacy Controller T - Audio Device ASUS IXP SB High Definition Audio Controller Audio Codec Realtek Semi High Definition Audio Audio Device ATI AMD Cayman Antilles HDMI Audio Radeon HD Series Audio Codec ATI AMD HDMI Audio Serial Port s Disk Controller ASUS SB SATA Controller AHCI mode Disk Controller ASUS JMB AHCI Controller Disk Controller ASUS JMB AHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB OHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB EHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB OHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB EHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB OHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB OHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB EHCI Controller USB Controller ASUS ASMedia XHCI Controller FireWire Controller ASUS VIA VT OHCI Controller SMBus i c Controller ATI SB SMBus Printers and Faxes Printer Send To Microsoft OneNote Driver x Colour Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer v x Colour Fax Microsoft Shared Fax Driver x Printer EPSON PX FWD Series x Colour Fax EPSON PC-FAX driver x Printer EPSON PX FWD Series x USB Colour Sensors Location Microsoft Windows Locatiezoeker Location Triangulation Peripherals Network Services Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family-controller Ethernet Gbps Wireless Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless-netwerkadapter Operating System Windows System Microsoft Windows Professional Platform Compliance x

A:bsod crash while playing games

Your dumpfiles can be divided in 2 groups.
3 Dumpfiles blames Probably caused by memory corruption

Please check your memory with memtest 86+ for faults.
Tutorial Memtest86+ and download

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

The other dumpfiles all are related in some way to your graphics/video.
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+121223 )
PROCESS_NAME: CLMSServerPDVD
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::PrepareDmaBuffer+19357

You have already the videocard drivers from april 2014 and you installed another videocard.
But to exclude that you have a faulty videocard you could run Prime95.

Download and Tutorial Prime95

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/100352-hardware-stress-test-prime95.html
Many of your gamingdevices have older drivers:
Creative Headset drivers from 2008. Please update to windows 8.1 compatible drivers.
Logitech mouse and keyboard or logitech? drivers from 2009. Please update to windows 8.1 compatible drivers
The drivers of PowerDVD are from 2011. Is your version compatible with windows 8.1. Upgrade?

Please also update your networkcards to windows 8.1 compatible drivers.
Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless-netwerkadapter
Drivers for Atheros AR9485WB and Windows 8

Realtek PCIe GBE Family-controller
Realtek

Drive: C:
Free Space: 1.3 GB
Total Space: 122.1 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: OCZ-VERTEX4

You have only 1.3 gb free space on your Systemdisk free, (less than 2%), windows needs around 15% free space to run the system in a proper way. Please make more space on your C:drive.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48367-bsod-crash-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hi so ive been looking for a fix to my problem but no successheres the problem :1. i can't run games on nvidia card or otherwise its just gonna be black screen with sound in the background however if i use my intregrated graphic it works but laggy offcourse and from my reseach a couple of guys also experiencing this on HP laptop with geforce 940m or 950m ive been looking for a fix to this for months but no luck anyone can help me?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Black-Screen-on-games/td-p/5827947
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

I've tried to install 2 games (C&C Generals: Zero Hour, and Robot Arena 2: Design and Destroy). After a successful install, I'd click on the .exe file to run the game and a black screen appears. I can NOT close the screen with ctrl+alt+delete or alt+tab, neither can I restart the computer buy pressing the physical button, thus forcing me to turn my computer off at the mains.

System specs:

Vista Home Premium x64
Intel Dual Core E7400
4GB RAM
NVIDIA 9800GT

I've tried running in compatibility mode (XP service pack 2) and they still don't work. Is it possible that these games are simply unable to be used with Vista at all?

Thanks very much for any help.

A:old games get black screen

How old are these games? if really old, you may not be able to make them run on x64. There is another thread about old games & Vista 64 and some other member suggested downloading "Microsoft Virtual PC"... you should look into it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/223318-old-games-get-black-screen.html
Relevancy 59.77%

So i have several games installed , although in just 2 of them when i go to windowed mode all i get is a black screen and just sound. How can i fix? i have all driver's updated and everything updated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-games.1169344/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi with Screen Black Games there I recently bought this new PC which has vista on it The specs are as follows Intel Core Duo E Dual Core Processor GB Corsair DDR II Memory ATI Radeon x Series Windows Vista Home Premium bit I have tried installing many different games on my pc which are quite new and have Black Screen with Games been released in the last few years The installation goes fine and everything is great When it comes to launching the game well i double click the file to run the game and i get Black Screen with Games a black screen Nothing happens afterwards It just stays black 'Ctrl Alt Delete' does not work and neither does 'Alt Tab' or any other keyboard shortcuts This results in me having to hold in the power button and turn my pc off like that Any idea's on what could be wrong It is extremely frustrating due to the fact that i've tried running about - games on my computer and neither of them work without a black screen coming up after trying to launch any of them I've tried numerous things like 'Running as Administrator' and changing compatibillity modes and so on and so forth but none of that works Any suggestions solutions will be greatly appreciated thank you

A:Black Screen with Games

ATI Radeon x1600 Series

low end video card, you will need to get a seperate video card for it.

is it a desktop or laptop?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/234546-black-screen-games.html
Relevancy 59.77%

U might in screen Black games have seen my reports of my crashes before on this forum each time I think I fix but it comes back I get a black screen Black screen in games but no auto restart in games after minutes to hours of play I could let it Black screen in games sit on the black screen forever The computer still runs but its just black I have to restart hold pwr button for seconds the pc to get it to function Their is no windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown pop up on reboot In the event viewer their is nothing about amd northbridge Like in the past when this happened the only error is kernal power system was unexpectatdly shut down this is in the event viewer no pop up Thier is no whea logger message or anything Also i replaced my mobo and ram which was when the amd northbridge errors stopped It still is an amd board to Just the only error is kernal power Pwhh that was alot Thanks if you need anymore info I will try to post it

Relevancy 59.77%

hi so i am playing a game called league of legends and 30 mins into the game screen went black,i am still hearing my friends on Ts and talking to them,the keyboard was working cuz the keyboard mute button worked but there is no mouse i turned off the pc from the CPU and turned it again played 1 game and the issue didnt happen but the game was over under 30 mins, 3rd game 35 mins in the problem happened again,could this be overheating ? cuz today is a very hot day like 42 degrees

A:Black screen in games

UPDATE : If i am not gaming the issue doesnt happen after hours of usage but in gaming it happens after 30 mins ALSO when i pressed on the monitor buttons it says power saving mode press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse but when i do nothing happens

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-in-games-1119817.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Yesterday I went to open Combat Flight Simulator amp ended up with a black screen in which the only way out was to shut down my PC I un-installed amp re-installed the game twice to no avail screen with Black games The only progarm I can remember adding since I used the program was Gimp so I removed Gimp amp re-installed CFS but got the same problem I checked other D games Riven Homeworld amp got the same thing I then went to Black screen with games dxdiag amp when I ran the test on Direct Draw Direct D amp AGP rendering each of them gave me the same black screen at Black screen with games some point in the testing I re-installed DirectX to no avail A few weeks back I upgraded the drivers for my internal SIS AGP display They did not seem to improve anything much amp perhaps the frame rate seemed even a little slower Anyway I would welcome any thoughts any of you might have I m running a PII mg RAM g RPM WD hd Thanks einstan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-games.48828/
Relevancy 59.77%

hi guys i have a problem.in games like hitman absolution,splinter cell i have black screen error.If i play league of legends sometimes i get black screen and sometimes i dont get this error.
i get this error just when i play in full screen.
Can you tell me what i can do?

A:black screen in full screen games

Hi,
No dump file is present in your upload.

Please navigate to C:\windows\minidump and Upload the files if present.

If no files are logged, be sure you have windows configured correctly, you want Minidumps:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

Then re-run the SF Tool and post after your next crash.

In the meantime, you can try updating your ATI Radeon HD drivers as they are out dated.

Uninstall all ATI drivers, Catalyst Control Centre following this method.

This is the Latest Version Display Driver ver. 12.104, that you will need.

Also from your Event Logs:

Code:

Event[946]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2
Date: 2013-08-23T08:10:57.366
Event ID: 4107
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Alex-PC
Description:
Failed extract of third-party root list from auto
update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...uthrootstl.cab> with error:
A required certificate is not within its validity period when
verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.
1. Do you experience incorrect time and date settings on your computer regular?
2. Do you get any Checksum errors at Boot?

If so, replace the CMOS battery on the Motherboard, otherwise:

Please follow: Event ID 4107 or Event ID 11 is logged in the Application log in Windows and in Windows Server

Please uninstall Reg clean Pro, Widows 7 does not need such registry cleaners and they may
do more harm than good. If you need to use a registry cleaner CCleaner is recommended.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302182-black-screen-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok so whenever a game launches in fullscreen mode any game I ve tried quite a few I get a black screen and my computer seems unresponsive Alt Tab Alt F and Alt Enter if it s a Steam game do nothing From this I either have to hard reset or sleep wake my laptop which windows the game making it playable I ve noticed that the game will play full screen when run with the integrated graphics processor Intel HD but not with the dedicated graphics card nVidia GeForce GT m but of course the integrated graphics processor on any laptop is never good for gaming Likely meaning it s a software problem with my nVidia card I ve checked the latest drivers and I ve returned the settings in nVidia Control Panel to default settings All the games I ve played worked a couple of months ago but it was exam season so I haven t been gaming on my laptop recently and when I ve tried I ve had these problems I ve attached a DxDiag report if that s of any help to anyone Full specs can be found here Does anyone have any ideas Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor screen games all full Black for screen Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Black screen for all full screen games TOSHIBA PEQAA Antivirus Black screen for all full screen games avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Black screen for all full screen games

Hi there

Update the driver here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/77228

If the games still do not work you have to configure the switchable graphics. This is a feature to save power by automatically allocating the internal graphics card for small applications so that the power hungry graphics card is not used all the time.

Here is a youtube video to help with switchable graphics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8KqkZ5mTpw

Hope this helps
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-for-all-full-screen-games.1131309/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all I would be very grateful for some help with the following issue Yesterday I was playing Batman Arkham City Black Problem Screen Fix again after login; Crash; on and my computer crashed When Crash; Black Screen on login; Problem again after Fix I logged back in I was presented with a black screen I did some research about how to solve the problem I started the computer in safe mode disabled both the nvidea and the intel graphics cards uninstalled both and Crash; Black Screen on login; Problem again after Fix reinstalled the latest drivers both were already up to date I then thought the problem was solved but today I had the same problem this time when I wasn't doing anything with the laptop I left it on went out came back home and it was off I booted it up and it was a black screen again So it looks like a recurrent issue and I'm not sure what to do about it All of the advice I've seen for the black screen problem relates to people who had the problem after updating to windows My update went fine and everything was running perfectly until after the crash yesterday Now there are these problems Can anyone give me advice as to how I can fix this problem for good I am running an ASUS laptop with windows bit and an NVIDEA Geforce m video card Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me

A:Crash; Black Screen on login; Problem again after Fix

Just to update, I reinstalled the drivers for the nvidia graphics card again and now the computer is stuck at the black screen again except in safe mode.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44364-crash-black-screen-login-problem-again-after-fix.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Earlier this year my PC had re-occurring crashed with a black screen and a looping sound which later turned out to be my HDD I then bought a new HDD and everything was going smoothly until recently when I've started to experience similar problems These black screens seem to me to occur randomly Sometimes it happen when I watch a movie sometimes after playing looping Black - sound with screen crash BF for hours and sometimes when the computer is idle I won't be able to do a driver verifier tonight but will get to it tomorrow The same with ram and Black screen with looping sound - crash hdd tests as I have no clean discs at the moment but I will attach the quot jcgriff quot and perfmon OS - Windows bit This is the original OS Full retail Age of all system components some parts are about years old CPU mobo etc Black screen with looping sound - crash GPU and PSU are less than a year old and the HDD is about month old Age of OS installation - month CPU Intel i Video Card Asus GTX MotherBoard Asus p t-SE Power Supply - Corsair HX W

A:Black screen with looping sound - crash

Just a small update, ran the driver verifier test and the HDD test with no errors. Will test the RAM sticks later.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-with-looping-sound-crash-619683.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have been having this problem for a while now Thank you for helping I have A N X-X AMD Corsair ram Ti- or PNY My comupter screen Computer minutes crash/black 10 within would crash or turn black screen within minutes after start up It will either Computer crash/black screen within 10 minutes give me a blue screen saying there is a hardware failure or just simply turn black First I thought it is an video card issue so i went to buy a new card the PNY The problem seems to disappear for a week then it came back I cleaned everything and it is still the same So I thought it might be a software driver issue I format my HD and reinstall windows During the installing process the computer freezes black screen again i tried several time same thing happen everything Now I ran out of idea and have no clue which piece of hardware should i replace I am thinking it shouldn t be the video card since it is new Have any one of you have this kind of problem before If you need any extra information please ask me I will try my best to answer Thank you very much rich nbsp

A:Computer crash/black screen within 10 minutes

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Sounds like a temp problem.
I'd look to the cpu/heatsink fan.
Make sure heatsink is clear of dredded dust bunnies, fresh thermal paste (AS3 or 5).
Possibly the PSU..
Try running pc wizard or everest to watch temps.
In the bios you should have "harware monitoring" for temps.
Just go into bios and watch the temps there for 10 to 15 mins.

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crash-black-screen-within-10-minutes.49652/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey everyone I recently built my first custom PC Here is a link to the build on PCPartPicker AMD FX- Sapphire Radeon R Corsair R - Ordered build updated - ajthemacboy amp s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker Since then I have had random black screen issues At one point I reinstalled the OS and they still occur You may notice the R needs a W power supply at the least At first look you would think this is the problem but it's not Before the R I had an EVGA Ti which only uses like watts of power or something as well as a CM W power supply and the black screen issues still occurred First have Screen/Crash Random a Black - I minidump! I returned the power supply for a CS M black Random Black Screen/Crash - I have a minidump! screen still occurred Then I returned the Ti for an r and the issue still occurs If it's not the graphics card power supply or OS what should I do The dump file is attached It blames NTOSKRNL EXE but I have no clue what this is or how to fix it Thanks in advance for your help

A:Random Black Screen/Crash - I have a minidump!

Update: Please delete or ignore this post. The update post is now at:
Random Black Screen/Crash - I have a minidump + SF.zip!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/53931-random-black-screen-crash-i-have-minidump.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys new to the forums i quot m having a problem with my computer Like the title says recently my computer has been quot freezing quot then both my screens go black and then there is no response and I have to manually restart the PC by holding down the power button I don't get a BSOD but I do goes hangs, crash Screen Black and System get the following Kernal-Power critical event System hangs, Screen goes Black and crash Code - System hangs, Screen goes Black and crash System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid System hangs, Screen goes Black and crash C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter xffffe be d d BugcheckParameter xfffff e dbbc BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter xd SleepInProgress PowerButtonTimestamp BootAppStatus My PC specs are as follows CPU AMD FX Ghz x prime tested and stable CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D with x Noctua fans Motherboard Asus M a fx pro r Ram Adata XPG x GB Mhz ram Overvolted to v GPU Asus Strix GTX Factory overclock Power Supply Corsair CX M watt My PC isn't overheating temperatures never go above on the core and the socket GPU temperatures are also low I have all up to date drivers Infact I even rolled back my GPU driver because I thought that was the cause of it but it still happens I'm about to run a Memtest Sorry if I'm missing something but I'll gladly post anything else that's required edit I checked the minidump file and this is what was shown as the problem Code Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck ffffe be d d fffff e dbbc d Unable to load image SystemRoot system DRIVERS nvlddmkm sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm sys Probably caused by nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm bbc Followup MachineOwner

A:System hangs, Screen goes Black and crash

Before I read the entirety of your post, I was about to mention that 278 converted to Hexademical is in fact 0x116, which is a BSOD bugcheck code.

Please post using - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

Moreover, whilst your posting your dump files, I would suggest updating your graphics card drivers, since almost always Stop 0x116's are related to those said drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/system-hangs-screen-goes-black-and-crash-918330.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I play Battlefield 3, Metro2033, The witcher, Far cry 3 and a tons of other games without any problem.

But when I play LoL or WoW, way less demanding games I get a black screen, while the sound continues or a black screen with vertrical stripes with a sound loop or grey screen. I get it daily only with these 2 games.

My setup is in the file Rohied-PC

Also the only difference between those games are the crashing and the non crashing is that the crashing games require internet to play..

A:HD5770 Black screen Crash desperate need of help!

Bump, happened once again ;(

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307275-hd5770-black-screen-crash-desperate-need-help.html