Windows Support Forum

BSOD error or weird unusual problem

Q: BSOD error or weird unusual problem

My compaq 6515b is having a problem, im usually good about fixing them, but this has got me stubbing my toe. It will just randomly goes black screen, not shut off, but the blue wireless light cuts off, and its like just hung there, and its weird i have to manually restart it myself by forced shutdown.

The specs of my laptop are
2 GB of Ram
Amd Turion 64 X 2 Mobile Technology TL-60
Motherboard ATI RADEON X 1200 series (graphics chipset)
Windows xp professional

Any additional info jsut ask and yes i have all the updated drivers
Much appreciation in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD error or weird unusual problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD error or weird unusual problem

Please run Memtest on your Ram

I'd say it's either your computer's ram
Or the Video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-error-or-weird-unusual-problem.116908/
Relevancy 62.35%

Device Compaq Weird Problem Causing Registry Error [SOLVED] BSOD Presario V Laptop Laptop is running Windows Vista Problem When booting up windows normally i experienced this weird problem where as soon as it loads pass the welcome screen there would be the desktop with explorer not loaded but a constant-batch-like-cmd is spamming open and close around the screen really fast and ended up with a BSOD registry error x Previous scans would have detected the virus and were mostly removed start up and all non Microsoft services have been turned off Anti Malware Software Used malwarebytes [SOLVED] Weird Problem Causing BSOD Registry Error Spybot SND Avira SuperAntispyware I have used [SOLVED] Weird Problem Causing BSOD Registry Error chkdsk chkdsk r chkdsk p sfc scannow Vista Start Up repair Used Hddat to confirm the HDD is fine Ram test with memtest [SOLVED] Weird Problem Causing BSOD Registry Error i think is fine too Blue Screen View using Hiren CD shows up empty other then everything here i have no idea what else I'm supposed to do main problem is that format is not an option i am going to continue to find the solution to this problem as well in the mean time Please Advise pc is offline the whole time thank you in advance Tyza edit doing the required scans now for the results heres the logs DDS Scan Failed it just opened up for a second and shut by itself tried a few times

A:[SOLVED] Weird Problem Causing BSOD Registry Error

Hello Tyza,

This thread is marked as 'Solved'. Do you still require assistance?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-weird-problem-causing-bsod-registry-error-612890.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64x with and ASUS M3N-HD/HDMI motherboard and a Geforece 9800 GTX/9800GTX + graphic card. I also have 8 GB of ram. I have been getting an odd BSOD lately. I have attached the .zip file for you to look at. I am unsure what is causing the problem. It happened when I opened games on steam and it also happened when I went to a visualization Itunes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

A:BSOD Unusual Problem

Hi dramatech and welcome to the forum.

Please fill out your system information. Go to your User CP at the top of the page, look in the left column and click on Edit system specs. Filling in your specs will help us help you.

You can make this easier by downloading Speccy.

Quote:
STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_063010-23244-01.zip\063010-23244-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a54000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c91e50
Debug session time: Wed Jun 30 20:21:06.179 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 1 days 20:27:44.302
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff900c25f9d44, 0, fffff9600024c42e, 0}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!MulConvertChildRedirectionDfbSurfaceToDib+46 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff900c25f9d44, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff9600024c42e, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002cfc0e0
fffff900c25f9d44

FAULTING_IP:
win32k!MulConvertChildRedirectionDfbSurfaceToDib+46
fffff960`0024c42e 40847974 test byte ptr [rcx+74h],dil

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: iTunes.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88009981300 -- (.trap 0xfffff88009981300)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff900c3a26ae0 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff900c25f9cd0
rdx=fffff900c0227888 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff9600024c42e rsp=fffff88009981490 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000001a5b r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88009981488 r12=0000000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/94603-bsod-unusual-problem.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My son booted his desktop with XP and SP this morning Saw a warning unusual problem help! BSOD - from Microsoft Essentials but before he could unusual BSOD problem - help! do anything the PC rebooted He does have a firewall anti-virus and spyware malware checkers Anyway he ended up with reboots When I disabled it we get a BSOD with a generic code that Microsoft and Google searches basically say it could be hardware drivers or So I loaded BART PE and a Linux bootable cd Each ran diagnostics on hardware with no problem and ran for hours But as soon as I try XP it will go into a profile fine Even out on the web or into software but within - minutes will go into the BSOD No Safe Mode or any other option prevents this from happening Even if I get the profile screen and do not enter one it will still within minutes go to BSOD What can I do He has a new external backup drive but had not gotten to it yet He has learned his lesson But much college work is on it Please help I do not know if there truly was a virus malware Or if coincidence there was a warning Also the Event Log states that there was a problem this morning trying to install an update from Microsoft Russ nbsp

A:unusual BSOD problem - help!

Have you tried System Restore?

Did you run chkdsk /r ?

Are all fans running and no air restrictions, dust, lint etc. on heat sinks?

Consider uninstalling some of those last MS updates.

Hope you aren't running MSE and some other AV software together...

If none of that helps, click the "Report" button on your post screen and ask to be moved to the Virus/Malware forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-bsod-problem-help.975540/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello Currently I have a big problem with my Computer i can't run Windows in normal mode and currently using Safe Mode I will describe the problem and Windows NT BSOD jcgriff zip DESCRIPTION My computer have some system Weird error after weird BSOD BSOD a few days before but it's rare and after it restarts Windows works like normal Those BSOD happens randomly But just hours ago i got a BSOD Weird system error after weird BSOD just when opening windows explorer but this time Weird system error after weird BSOD the Blue Screen takes minute and it shows a lot more texts than usual After my computer restarted it took minutes on Loading and welcome screen Usually it only take seconds After loading finishes my monitor shows nothing black but i can see my pointer mouse the pointer can still move I also can do CTRL ALT DEL and starts Task Manager I waited for minutes and suddenly the screen turns light-blue and some icons and the taskbar comes out But when i opening Windows Explorer or any applications it shows an error that username and password is invalid in the config Then i frustrated and restart my comp in Safe Mode with Networking It works without those errors and runs normally but i can't do any working on Safe Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- That's the description of the problem i have on my Windows A help would be very appriciated I running Windows Ultimate Bit OEM my computer is months old same with the OS Note when i typed perfmon report the viewer show error that the system can't find the file specified Thanks very much for those who help me

A:Weird system error after weird BSOD

Hello Freedom975 and welcome to SF,

Bugcheck 0xc5_2 and 0xd1 could be caused by 3rd driver, memory or viruses.

First uninstall AVG completely then download and install Malwarebytes.
Update its database and perform full scan.
(You may do this in Safe Mode Windows with Networking)

Install MSE as replacement of AVG.
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Then uninstall Alcohol 120% and remove sptd driver with this tools. → http://www.duplexsecure.com/download...t-v178-x86.exe
For alternative CD/DVD virtual software, you may use MagicIso.

Last, upgrade your Windows into SP1.
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Code:
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82c1b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82d63810
Debug session time: Thu Apr 7 01:22:37.233 2011 (GMT-8)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:18.638
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck C5, {4, 2, 1, 82d3b943}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+2e3 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is
caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. Run the driver
verifier against any new (or suspect) drivers, and if that doesn't turn up
the culprit, then use gflags to enable special pool.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000004, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 82d3b943, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xC5_2

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+2e3
82d3b943 894604 mov dword ptr [esi+4],eax

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

TRAP_FRAME: c8c6b50c -- (.trap 0xffffffffc8c6b50c)
ErrCode = 00000002
eax=00050070 ebx=000001ff ecx=000001ff edx=82d509f8 esi=00000000 edi=82d508c0
eip=82d3b943 esp=c8c6b580 ebp=c8c6b5b8 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac po nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010212
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x2e3:
82d3b943 894604 mov dword ptr [esi+4],eax ds:0023:00000004=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82d3b943 to 82c6182b

STACK_TEXT:
c8c6b50c 82d3b943 badb0d00 82d509f8 00002328 nt!KiTrap0E+0x2cf
c8c6b5b8 82d3a8aa 82d508c0 00000000 00000000 nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x2e3
c8c6b620 82ca5ef2 862e8ae8 76615358 87e24148 nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x8a4
c8c6b630 82ca5c7c c8c6b68c 00000000 00000000 nt!KeFreeXStateContext+0x1b
c8c6b64c 82ca63cb c8c6b7b4 c8c6b864 81f96759 nt!KeRestoreExtendedProcessorState+0xfd
c8c6b658 81f96759 c8c6b7b4 fde693b8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155572-weird-system-error-after-weird-bsod.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Today my laptop crashed when I was waiting for a game for Dota While I was waiting for a game I plugged in a Belkin Mouse connector for my Belkin wireless mouse which I Stop plugging in Unusual Error Connector 0x48 BSOD Mouse when Wireless have not used for some time It didn't come on quickly the first time i inserted it so i removed the connector and put it into another usb port Windows then said it was installing driver software then the Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48 screen went fuzzy and crashed A blue screen appeared with The CANCEL STATE IN COMPLETED IRP bug check which has a value of x that came up Apparently this bug check is rare I have attached the dump files I really appreciate it if you can have a look to see if it was in fact the mouse driver which completed the IRP I o request packet and then attempted to cancel it causing a crash or if the crash was caused by two drivers each Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48 trying to access the same IRP in an improper way Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48 Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48

The BSOD took place when drvinst.exe was in operation, that means the driver was being installed.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CANCEL_STATE_IN_COMPLETED_IRP (48)
This bugcheck indicates that an I/O Request Packet (IRP) that is to be
cancelled, has a cancel routine specified in it -- meaning that the packet
is in a state in which the packet can be cancelled -- however, the packet
no longer belongs to a driver, as it has entered I/O completion. This is
either a driver bug, or more than one driver is accessing the same packet,
which is not likely and much more difficult to find. The cancel routine
parameter will provide a clue as to which driver or stack is the culprit.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8009e7a198, Pointer to the IRP
Arg2: 05351bcf08000000, Cancel routine set by the driver.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
This issue occurs because of a race condition between a thread of the Redirected Driver Buffering SubSystem (Rdbss.sys) driver and a thread of the I/O Manager.

When this race condition occurs, an I/O request packet (IRP) is processed by a thread while another thread cancels this IRP. Therefore, the Stop error occurs. It appears that the driver is not installed at all. The I/O operation to install the driver is cancelled by the cancel routine.

Dont put any type of load to the computer. Dont run any other programs etc. Keep the computer totally idle. Then attach the mouse. Hopefully it will configure the driver.

When the driver is configured, then you may use the mouse (plug in) anytime.

BTW, how old the mouse is?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320673-unusual-bsod-error-when-plugging-wireless-mouse-connector-stop-0x48.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My PC specs:
Asus M4A79T
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
G-SKILL 4 GB DDR3
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 1GB
Thermaltake Toughpower 700 W

I have a very weird problem with my custom desktop. 3 days back I got BSOD errors/ STOP errors and it read some driver may not be working or the BIOS may need an update. I rebootd my pc several times but nothing worked. Then I just opened the case and blew out all the dust and debris with an electric blower. I unplugged the RAM and Gphcs card before blowing, just to ensure there's no dust in the slots. I fixed everything back and started the pc. but then the monitor would not show anything. Now there is no way i can access windows normally or even in safe mode. Moreover, I can't put in any CD because my CD drive does not open up.
Pls help me on this

A:Weird BSOD error

It is very possible that you destroyed the memory or motherboard with static electricity. Make sure that you put the graphics card back in the proper slot. The motherboard may have 2 or more graphic slots. Usually using only 1 card, use the slot closest to the CPU. Go back and check the rest of the connections

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-bsod-error.174815/
Relevancy 52.89%

My PC specs:
Asus M4A79T
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
G-SKILL 4 GB DDR3
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 1GB
Thermaltake Toughpower 700 W

I have a very weird problem with my custom desktop. 3 days back I got BSOD errors/ STOP errors and it read some driver may not be working or the BIOS may need an update. So now I guess I have to update my graphics card driver and the BIOS. Please advise on how I can do so.

A:Weird BSOD error

Run the hard drive and memory tests first:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-bsod-error.174816/
Relevancy 52.89%

I was on Facebook Sunday night when my computer started to run very slow I checked the CPU usage to find it was maxed out then about minutes into it being maxed out error 7 bit in win 64 BSOD Weird I got a BSOD error that said this quot A Weird BSOD error in win 7 64 bit clock interrupt was not received from Weird BSOD error in win 7 64 bit a secondary processor quot x x x xFF x x x x xFF x I looked this Weird BSOD error in win 7 64 bit up and found out there is some info about this error when running a quad core and only or web sites with a Athlon X CPU and these web sites only showed that this guy had the same error and was asking the same question I am I got this error Sunday night once then again today Everything in my computer is new besides the CPU that's about or years old Thanks for any help you can give I hope I get the problem solved but I got little hope since the other guy posted about this error over years ago without it being solved Also after the first BSOD error after the computer restarted it turned on hard drives power supply and fans but no picture after turning off the power supply switch the computer passed post then got to the bios screen the locked up I had to turn off the power supply for minutes then it worked fine

A:Weird BSOD error in win 7 64 bit

Quote: Originally Posted by adamwentzell82

I was on Facebook Sunday night when my computer started to run very slow I checked the CPU usage to find it was maxed out then about 4 minutes into it being maxed out I got a BSOD error that said this
"A clock interrupt was not received from a secondary processor"
0x00000101, 0x000...030, 0x000...0, 0xFF..., 0x000...03
0x00000101, 0x000...030, 0x000...0, 0xFF..., 0x000...02
I looked this up and found out there is some info about this error when running a quad core and only 1 or 2 web sites with a Athlon 64 X2 6400+ CPU and these web sites only showed that this guy had the same error and was asking the same question I am. I got this error Sunday night once then again today. Everything in my computer is new besides the CPU that's about 4 or 5 years old. Thanks for any help you can give I hope I get the problem solved but I got little hope since the other guy posted about this error over 2 years ago without it being solved.
Also after the first BSOD error after the computer restarted it turned on( hard drives, power supply and fans) but no picture after turning off the power supply switch the computer passed post then got to the bios screen the locked up. I had to turn off the power supply for 5 minutes then it worked fine.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156465-weird-bsod-error-win-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am getting the weirdest blue screen error when the error occurs what happens is that the computer randomly freezes to the blue screen but the blue screen is covered with colored staticy stripes going horizontally and vertically on my screen, the blue screen with the staticy stripes stay there for a good 3-5 seconds then just restarts my computer like nothing happened.
Edit: Also sometimes the error occurs when i start up the computer , and sometimes it can take hours before the error occurs

A:Weird BSOD no Error Code

I was able to snap a photo of the error before it restarted my computer
http://i.imgur.com/uTZXvmU.jpg
^^ this is what is showing up on my monitor maybe a video card error?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277823-weird-bsod-no-error-code.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Since yesterday my life has been a nightmare I was watching a YouTube video when all of a sudden I had in front of me that famous blue screen with the error x F I haven't noticed if a of reactions and 0x000000F4 lot error weird BSOD the other blue screens continue to give the same error or other ones I hit reset button and the computer stuck at the Asus logo Switch off the PC and switch on right back This time Windows was loaded but minutes after was stucked unresponsive So basically if I hit reset button the PC gets always stucked at the Asus logo but if I switch the PC off and then on again Windows is loaded but after minutes gets stucked unresponsive Tried to create the dump files as explained here in BSOD error 0x000000F4 and a lot of weird reactions the forum but no such luck since the PC becomes unresponsive while creating the files Tried to update the BIOS but no such luck since when starts to read the rom file in C it stays there nothing happens Tried to format the disk while installing Windows and it hang there later I tried again and this time it didn't recognized the disk acted as if none was installed even though afterwards Windows BSOD error 0x000000F4 and a lot of weird reactions got loaded till it became unresponsive again So I basically can't to anything with the PC at the moment since it becomes unresponsive minutes after Windows open Unfortunately I have no means at the moment to test the disk on another computer nor to test other disk on my PC Is it possible the SSD is damaged The strange is that it can load Windows before becoming unresponsive but for some reason it's not recognized anymore by Windows setup Also when i hit reset but and the PC restarts and hangs on Asus logo minutes after requests a boot CD This sounds it's not recognizing the disk but if I go to Bios the disk is there How weird is this Windows Ultimate x Asus P P WS OCZ Vertex GSkill gb Intel i Ghz x Nvidia Quadro NVS Thanks for your help Regards

A:BSOD error 0x000000F4 and a lot of weird reactions

Quick update:

Tried to install Asus software to update BIOS in Windows environment instead from BIOS itself as I previously attempted but couldn't since Windows became unresponsive before I could get to the setup window.

Tried to install OCZ software to update firmware but couldn't due to the same problem as above.

Blue screen came up again but it's not creating any dump files.
I have Windows set up to create the dump files as explained in the forum but I've been searching for it but can't find it.

I must say that the blue screen appears only when I start to press every single keyboard key after Windows become unresponsive because otherwise no blue screen is shown. Windows just stays there, unresponsive, with the circle mouse pointer rotating, sometimes with the screen white and that's it. It stays there. I have waited a full hour to see what happen but nothing happened. It just stays there unresponsive till I decide to switch the PC off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353800-bsod-error-0x000000f4-lot-weird-reactions.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello You guys have been great before and I hope that someone can help me tackle this My friend s computer started going weird after playing a game that uses Shockwave That s the last thing they remember When loading into Windows regular mode after selecting any user all you see on the screen is black with blue spots all over They re using an Asus P DV -VM SE motherboard Intel E GHz CPU GB DDR with a w PSU Originally I thought it was video-driver related as they re Random 0x8e 0xa3 Bsod Picture Bsod Unusual/unclear And - And using the onboard graphics card It s a Via P M -based motherboard although it has a PCIe expansion Loading in safe mode usually works and loading into VGA mode got me into Windows however I received a x E pretty quickly At some point I also received a xA I tried uninstalling the video driver Via Chrome That allowed me back into regular mode but soon after I got a BSOD I tried running System Restore from safemode and I got xA ACPI DRIVER INTERNAL but I can t find info on fixing this one Thanks in advance Ram

A:Bsod 0xa3 And 0x8e - Unusual/unclear Picture And Random Bsod

0x8e errors are usually caused by driver issues. Here is what Microsoft says regarding 0xa3 errors:An inconsistency in the ACPI driver is so severe that continuing to run would cause serious problems. One possible source of this problem is a BIOS error.Drivers and Windows interacts with the BIOS. Have you tried a BIOS update? Usually this is not recommended as it can cause serious issues if the update is not performed correctly, but is recommended when the BIOS is suspected to be the cause of an issue such as this.EDIT: all you see on the screen is black with blue spots all over.I just remembered having an issue like this, and it was corrected by simply reseating the video card. Just thought I would mention this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155431/bsod-0xa3-and-0x8e-unusualunclear-picture-and-random-bsod/
Relevancy 51.17%

My desktop was doing fine this afternoon, everything was fine until I turned it on tonight, it would load the desktop, but after 10 seconds or so it would give me error called : STOP:0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x82E683E6, 0x8B12BC24, 0x8B12B800), I made a video so you guys have a better understanding of what happened.

(Just recently uploaded so if it doesn't work please give it a second)
YouTube - BSOD Error

Start the video at 0:18, to see the error, its at 0:42

BTW, when I open my desktop in safe mode, everything is fine, do you have an idea of whats going on? =/

PLEASE HELP ME OUT! >_>

A:BSOD Error...quite weird - includes YouTube video

I'd suggest it is a driver problem, or something with your system files. Did you install a new piece of software, hardware, or update/change a driver recently?

Also, does this blue screen always occur, or just sometimes?

While in safe mode, you could try running a check on your system files.

- > Start
- > Run and type 'cmd.exe' and hit enter (without the ' ').
- > Inside the Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow.

If that doesn't solve the problem, see if you can start the system in Safe Mode with Networking, so you download some driver updates.

You could try a System Restore to a point before this occurred.

Although it could be a memory problem as well, so hopefully the above works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-error-quite-weird-includes-youtube-video-571935.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Well it seems like every case of the Blue screen of death is a little differant and min eis no exception I have a Compaq presario V win xp yada yada Im not the most computer savvy guy in the world but I get enough done started up another problem Weird, BSOD a few weeks ago now i know I need to change my boot oreder and throw in my recovery cd or xp and re-install but about months ago my laptop pcase was stolen by some idiot Weird, another BSOD problem who thought the laptop was in it I had it but every document or disc that could save my right now was in it I was wondering if there was a way to cure the BSOD OR completely clear windows XP and start over as if it were the first minutes after installing it If the only thing I can possibly do is go out and buy the then it is what it is but I would rather not do that due real tight income If you can possibly help me out in the simplest of terms it would be greatly appreciated Thanks guys

A:Weird, another BSOD problem

If your windows XP cd has been stolen you can order a new one from microsoft.

Quote:

If you are calling from the United States, contact the Microsoft Order Desk at the following phone number:
(800) 360-7561, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific time.
If you are calling from Canada, contact the Canadian Order Desk at the following number:
(800) 933-4750, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific time.

If you order replacement media, you can view the status of your order. To do so, visit the Microsoft Web page:
http://status.microsoft.upgrade.com
To obtain your order status, enter the order number and zip code or postal code.

You can also check the status of your order by calling one of the phone numbers that is listed earlier

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-another-bsod-problem-214982.html
Relevancy 51.17%

It started like this...

My lappy has fans problem so when the system got heat up, the screen goes wild. It happened again today and I shut down my laptop. After awhile, I boot in again and launch start up repair. Then, on selecting user screen (before the welcome... thingy) it freezes. Then I boot again and got blue screen and it restart itself. Now this are the problems, it turns black and only cursor is showing. I even can't access safe mode.

I'll post a video if you guys don't understand it.

I need your help

additional information:
My DVD Drive doesn't work. So can't use it.

A:Weird problem. I think it's a BSOD.

Strange. And frustrating isn't?

Try doing a Memtest86+ to test your memory (RAM) if possible. The whole thing is explain in the link below.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Best Regards,
FredeGail

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/168385-weird-problem-i-think-its-bsod.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Everyone I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while it persists still after upgrade to Windows from Windows The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD Weird problem BSOD only after cold boot So it acts like this start PC Get to Windows Logo Screen BSOD Restart Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally it will start OK no BSOD can work normally games browse internet everything is normal Shutdown PC Next time when Weird BSOD problem I start is all over again i e Go to Step I have this problem for a while so what I tried Another Windows Another HDDOnly HDD connectedChanged RAMTried with built in GPUUpgraded to Windows Result is the same as above every time Please suggest what could be the cause Logs collected with DM Log Collector attached Thank you PS This thread is a continuation of this one Frequent multiple errors BSOD Solved - Windows Help Forums the only thing Weird BSOD problem changed is Windows now instead of Windows If that helps somehow

A:Weird BSOD problem

All are different bugchecks with different probable causes.

Code:
BugCheck A, {ffffe001feff8530, 2, 0, fffff8002f2f3601}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRestoreTransitionPte+111 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8008a4a85a8, ffffd00024fdc598, ffffd00024fdbdb0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!DeleteNodeFromTree+e0 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00027b948e0, ffffd00027b94838, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 )

---------
So it would be difficult to arrive at a decision.

Let us go slow. At first, get rid of the most frequent BSOD causer, Daemon Tools. Windows 10 can open any disk image in windows explorer, no Daemon is needed there.

And, remove all the startup entries. Right click on the start button > Task Manager, Startup tab.

Then see how it goes. Let us know.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42047-weird-bsod-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

So, I have this iPower I won in an ubisoft contest, ever since I remember, I have the most weird problem you can think of. So, every single time I start my PC, Im fine for 15 minutes then sound starts stuttering and skipping, 2 minutes later my network card goes disabled and then I get a BSOD with something about clock interval and secondary processor and some 0x00(lots of zeros)101. Thing is, after I restart, problem is gone until the next time I shut my computer down, I have searched a lot and I have already switched my PSU, tried disabling onboard audio, full windows reinstall, etc. But nothing works, so Im writing here to see if anyone has anything that could help.

Using Win7 x64, Have PC for like 1 year, this Windows install has like 2/3 weeks, was OEM Vista but I upgraded.

A:WEIRD Problem, Daily BSOD.

Uploaded info that the sticky thread asks for, however I dont know if those dumps are correct, Im so fed up with it that I just press the shutdown button when the blue screen appears.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/139459-weird-problem-daily-bsod.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I will explain to you the troubleshooting steps after the problem My computer will do one of four things at random It will either freeze completely requiring a physical shut down holding in the button for seconds or it will give me a MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD or a video driver BSOD or a BSOD where it simply says that the computer has experienced an error and needs to shut down and it will say STOP etc at the bottom Any one of these things usually happens after hour to days of having the computer on Sometimes when it freezes completely the video will become distorted It is not however a video card issue I have swapped out of my old cards and my room mate's video card in this machine and the same thing happens My room WEIRD can't troubleshoot. that I have a problem encountered BSOD I mate's card always works for him It is I have encountered a problem that I can't troubleshoot. WEIRD BSOD also not my memory I have swapped out the memory have tried all slots in different configurations and have determined that my ram sticks are fine after a diagnostics test It might be the power supply but I don't want to get a new one unless I absolutely need to In my action center it says that there is a nvidia drivers error that needs to be addressed and that the drivers have stopped working time on janurary th I have reinstalled drivers several times after completely wiping out the old ones so this doesn't make any sense to me especially since it's happened with all cards Anyone know what I could do to fix it I am running Windows X I have a nvidia GTX a C Q gigs of ram sticks

A:I have encountered a problem that I can't troubleshoot. WEIRD BSOD

Here is the attached BSOD debug thing that the instructions said to post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/i-have-encountered-a-problem-that-i-cant-troubleshoot-weird-bsod-544104.html
Relevancy 50.31%
A:BSOD problem (weird memtest result)

Welcome aboard. From your crash dump:

Code:

BugCheck 1A, {5003, fffff70001080000, c906, 1943c009}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+29fd7 )

From Carrona.org, STOP 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel

At first, let us start for a faulting driver. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

EDIT: As you got errors in memtest, you should replace the RAM sticks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260933-bsod-problem-weird-memtest-result.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, tried (twice, removed program in between) to run SynchToy from Microsoft (a utilility recommended on this forum).
Download went fine, but when I try to run it, get this message:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=Ox144 (324), Thread id=Ox66c (1644).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click Cancel to debug the application.

So I clicked “Cancel.” Then I get:

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of Ox2 (2). Please check computer settings.

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

I clicked “Cancel,” because I didn’t get a debugger in my Christmas stocking

I have Win XP Media Center Edition. Never before had error message with this computer. Anybody know what's going on? Thanks

A:SyncToy run problem; weird error message

Have you got "Microsoft Net framework" installed. Its available as one of windows optional updates and is required to run SyncToy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/synctoy-run-problem-weird-error-message.427877/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

Ive fixed many BSOD's in the past but finally one has got the better of me and i cant seem to get rid of it. Basically its vista os, the bsod appears at the boot screen and i can go no further, cant boot into windows at all. It wont even boot in safe mood either. Used all windows repair console suggestions but none work. I tryed startup repair. UNfortunately there was no system restore point to use. Entered command prompt but usual commands didnt fix the problem.

I'm wondering can anyone help, there seems to be very little information on the net about this particular BSOD on the net.

The bsod displays the following messages:

"a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your compiter"

technical information:

*** STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005,0X81C35F73,0X87C3364C,0X87C33348)

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

A:Unusual BSOD, Unfixable

Hi this is some info on your error code
0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information

info found here http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm at this point I can only suggest you try running a repair http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial148.html or possibly this way http://vistasupport.mvps.org/repair_..._vista_dvd.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unusual-bsod-unfixable-441680.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This computer has been in commision for a while but recently started have BSOD errors. I have changed the RAM and the slot, also updated the printer drivers and just updated the video drivers after I did this log with the DM tool. Please help.

A:Unusual BSOD randomly

Quote: Originally Posted by lkirkland88

I have changed the RAM and the slot, also updated the printer drivers and just updated the video drivers after I did this log with the DM tool. Please help.

Have you had any new BSOD's after making the above changes? If yes, create a fresh DM Log Collector tool ZIP file, and upload that please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364430-unusual-bsod-randomly.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay, here is what happened. I was playing a game called roblox, and I also had windows media player open. The game was running very slowly all of a sudden, then the whole screen went black. After a few seconds, it came back up, but without an areo. Then, it went black again, then it came back. It kept doing that. One time I noticed a yellow warning icon on the taskbar, but I could not move the mouse pointer. All I could do was turn the laptop off using the power button. Its running fine now, but what on earth could have happened?

Relevancy 48.59%

The laptop I'm trying to fix had an attempted BIOS update. Something went wrong and now the system seems to be skipping BIOS completely. Then, it goes straight to a BSOD with an 'irql_not_less_or_equal' error. I have tried refreshing/resting the computer in advanced options, system recovery, boot repair, everything that I've been able to find or think of. After the system reset and refresh, it worked completely fine until I restarted the computer and then loop started again. I have no access to an OS on the system (installed or live disk/usb) and I can't do a reformat and clean install because I can't change the boot order (the HDD is the primary boot device) Anyone got any ideas? It really has me stumped...

A:Very unusual BSOD issue

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!

If the system wasn't using UEFI or Secure Boot, then a UEFI update would reset the system to using it - thereby making the system unbootable (took us almost a day to figure this out at work)

It can't be skipping the UEFI, it may just be that there's no screen showing.
Usually you can access the UEFI setup by holding one of the F (function) keys when the system boots.
This will change depending on the make of the system. Try Esc, F2, F4, F8, and F12 for starters

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/45546-very-unusual-bsod-issue.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I received an error message I have never received before. I listed the directory of my G:\ drive and found a file I wanted to delete. The directory listing would even show sub-directories. When I attempted to delete it, I received this error:

Could not find this item.
This is no longer located in G:\. Verify this item's location and try again.

I tried again and got the same message. How can this happen?

A:Unusual error

Sounds as though the file has already been deleted. Go to START - RUN and type:chkdsk g: /rthen press ENTER and let chkdsk run on g: drive. NOTE there are spaces afater chkdsk and after g: Afterward, reboot. Did that solve the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425569/unusual-error/
Relevancy 48.16%

i got this error since this week i don t know what is this does anyone knows OS Windows XP Professional SP CPU GenuineIntel Intel Pentium MMX MHz Application data VmVyc lvbjogVVVKZFExQlRWbHRFVFVOSFF c PU M QndBNkpUOCt MVzk WjJOck DRWpQeU rTTBGeGVIQjBaWE DQpJbWFnZUJhc U ID A QTYwMDAwDQotMQ error unusual KQ kZSA IFsyMDRdDQotIDANCi gMjA DQotI DIyNw KLSAwDQotIFtdDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV NcRXhwbG yZXIuRVhF DQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcbnRkbGwuZGxsDQo IEs XFd JTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJca VybmVsMzIuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcQURWQVBJMzIuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzd GVtMzJcUlBDUlQ LmRsbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c unusual error RlbTMyXEJS T dTRVVJLmRsbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXEdESTMyLmR sbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXFVTRVIzMi kbGwNCj gSz pcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxtc ZjcnQuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcb xlMzIuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVt MzJcU hMV FQSS kbGwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxPTEV BVVQzMi kbGwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxTSERPQ ZXLm RsbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXENSWVBUMzIuZGxsDQo I Es XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcTVNBU xLmRsbA KPiBLOlxXSU E T dTXHN c RlbTMyXENSWVBUVUkuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc l zdGVtMzJcV lOVFJVU QuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMz JcSU BR VITFAuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcTkVUQ VBJMzIuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcV lOSU FVC k bGwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxOb JtYWxpei kbGwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxpZXJ dXRpbC kbGwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxXTERBUDMyLmRsbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTX HN c RlbTMyXFZFUlNJT uZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVt MzJcU hFTEwzMi kbGwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxVeFR oZW lLmRsbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXFNoaW FbmcuZG xsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV NcQXBwUGF Y hcQWNHZW yYWwuRExMDQo I Es XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcV lOTU uZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRP V Ncc lzdGVtMzJcTVNBQ zMi kbGwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxVU VSRU WLmRsbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXE lNTTMyLkRMTA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXFdpblN U x ODZfTWljcm zb Z LldpbmRvd MuQ tbW uLUNvbnRyb xzXzY OTViNjQxNDRjY Yx ZGZfNi wLjI MDAuMjk Ml LXd X FjM Y YzAzXGNvbWN bDMyLmR sbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXGNvbWN bDMyLmRsbA KPi BLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXG zY RmaW lLmltZQ KPiBLOlxXS U ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXGFwcEhlbHAuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Nc c lzdGVtMzJcQ xCQ FUUS ETEwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxDT SZXMuZGxsDQo IEs XFBST dSQX xXE JQ JPU zXE mZm ljZTEyXEdSQThFMX xLkRMTA KPiBLOlxQUk HUkF MVxNSUNST N M xPZmZpY UxMlxHcm vdmVVdGlsLkRMTA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXFdp blN U x ODZfTWljcm zb Z LlZDODAuQ JUXzFmYzhiM I YTFlMTh lM JfOC wLjUwNzI Ljc Ml LXd XzZiMTI NzAwXE TVkNSODAuZG xsDQo IEs XFBST dSQX xXE JQ JPU zXE mZmljZTEyXEdyb Z U ldy ETEwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xXaW TeFNceDg X pY Jvc m dC WQzgwLkFUTF xZmM YjNiOWExZTE ZTNiXzguMC MDcyNy Ml LXd XzZlODA ODQxXEFUTDgwLkRMTA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXHJzYWVuaC kbGwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxNU ltZzMyLmRsbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXFN c RlbTMyXGNzY VpLmRs bA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXFN c RlbTMyXENTQ RMTC kbGwNCj gSzp cV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlx aGVtZXVpLmRsbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXFNlY VyMzIuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzd GVtMzJceHBzcDJyZXMuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJc QUNUWFBSWFkuRExMDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcbXN dGI uZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcTVNDVEYuZGxsDQo IE s XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcTElOS lORk uZGxsDQo IEs XFdJT kRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcbnRzaHJ aS kbGwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xz eXN ZW zMlxBVEwuRExMDQo IEs XFBST dSQX xXE JQ JPU zXE mZmljZTEyXEdSOTlEM xLkRMTA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbT MyXHVybG vbi kbGwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxtc htb DMuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcU VUVVBBUEkuZGxs DQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcaWVmcmFtZS kbGwNCj gSzp cV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxQU FQSS ETEwNCj gSzpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxXSU TVEEuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtM zJcd ViY hlY suZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcTkVU U hFTEwuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcY JlZHVpLmR sbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXGlwaGxwYXBpLmRsbA KPi BLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXFdTMl zMi kbGwNCj gSzpcV lOR E XU xzeXN ZW zMlxXUzJIRUxQLmRsbA KPiBLOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXHJ dXRpbHMuZGxsDQo IEs XFdJT... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

I recently had some problems with my computer which resulted in a motherboard chance under warentee. It has been fine for a month (other than the power supply fan being unusually loud) but it restarted for no reason this morning. It seemed fine but a few minutes ago it did the same thing, but now the first screen of the bios says "Warning !!! The previous overclocking had failed and system will restore to it's default setting" (In red writing). If i press anything it goes to the setup menu and if i don't it starts to load windows xp but just goes back to the start before it has loaded. During this the screen showing the logo of my motherboard which normally shows is never displayed.

Additionally, i have never overclocked my pc and i can't hear the fan anymore when i start it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-error.950968/
Relevancy 48.16%

Windows 7 BSOD
x64
This is the original installed OS
This is an OEM version of Windows 7 Home Premium

I purchased this hardware in January of this year
This OS installation is about two weeks old, I have recovered my system about 9 times because of a faulty recovery partition. These issues have been present since day 1 in January.

There are numerous issues, slow downs, lock ups, bsods, and errors that I cannot explain, HP is reluctant to properly fix their error. Can someone with some real expertise help me with these issues! Thank you very much!

A:Strange and unusual events..BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by techjunkie2728

Windows 7 BSOD
x64
This is the original installed OS
This is an OEM version of Windows 7 Home Premium

I purchased this hardware in January of this year
This OS installation is about two weeks old, I have recovered my system about 9 times because of a faulty recovery partition. These issues have been present since day 1 in January.

There are numerous issues, slow downs, lock ups, bsods, and errors that I cannot explain, HP is reluctant to properly fix their error. Can someone with some real expertise help me with these issues! Thank you very much!

These were probably caused by sptd.sys which is part of a virtual drive software package. It needs to be moved

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
[/quote]
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

You also have a few old drivers needing update

Code:
000.fcl fffff880`087c7000 fffff880`087f2000 0x0002b000 0x48dcdf7a 9/26/2008 09:11:22
vcsvad.sys fffff880`05898000 fffff880`058a2000 0x0000a000 0x491fed16 11/16/2008 05:51:18
mcdbus.sys fffff880`05cf7000 fffff880`05d33880 0x0003c880 0x49a3cd1f 2/24/2009 06:34:07
ahcix64s.sys fffff880`01095000 fffff880`010e5000 0x00050000 0x49bf455b 3/17/2009 02:38:19

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c1e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e5be50
Debug session time: Sat Oct 16 01:32:13.862 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:09:16.688
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002c5877e, fffff8800a3a6e40, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExEnterCriticalRegionAndAcquireFastMutexUnsafe+26 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002c5877e, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800a3a6e40, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExEnterCritica... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118294-strange-unusual-events-bsod.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys I have an issue My win machine has had BSOD issues for a while and I've been trying a few things to orrect them but to BSOD Freezes, and things other unusual no avail I'm at the point now where The BSODs have stopped insted I now get random freezes without any pattern I have used memtest - this came out BSOD Freezes, and other unusual things with errors I then removed the faulty memory cleaned it and reinstalled it I now have no issues here according to memtest but the crashes keep happening When I do get a crash sometimes the system won't boot for or maybe more attempts Very occasionally I might get a bad chksum or bad bootmgr message But this will also BSOD Freezes, and other unusual things stop after another atteempt or two The ONLY thing I can think that is different with my system since it started doing this is a BSOD Freezes, and other unusual things wireless mouse Since this has happened I have reinstalled a fresh win Pease help Cheers Steve System CPU Type QuadCore AMD Phenom II X MHz x Motherboard Name Asus M A TD-V Evo PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Video Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset AMD G AMD K Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD Series MB Audio Adapter ATI Radeon HDMI ATI Juniper Broadway - High Definition Audio Controller

A:BSOD Freezes, and other unusual things

What PSU are you using?

Lets see if the old dumps show anything useful
Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Lets see if the BSOD dump file(s) can tell us whats going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-freezes-and-other-unusual-things-667998.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I ve been having various BSOD showing up since I Unusual Memory Errors and BSOD built my PC around months ago that indicate memory faults or corruption After receiving these Unusual Memory Errors and BSOD errors I ve performed tests using Microsoft s Memory Diagnostic tool or MemTest and they ve come back with hardware issues within the first few seconds However after having the computer turned off for a while to Unusual Memory Errors and BSOD try the RAM in a different slot configuration or just to slam my head repeatedly against the wall a second memory test reports no errors with the RAM whatsoever I have run tests over hours with absolutely no errors shown After further messing around I have thankfully found out to consistently recreate this issue I need to Shutdown the system via any usual method Immediately start it back up again and allow windows to load Start Microsoft s Memory Diagnostic test allowing it to restart the computer After doing this it reports hardware issues guaranteed and loading Windows after this can result in a variety of BSOD If I then shutdown the computer and leave it off for a few minutes I can start it back up and request a Memory Diagnostic test This test will then complete with several passes showing absolutely no errors I have taken this testing further testing each GB stick seperately in slot and then again in slot with the same results As it would be unlikely for both sticks of RAM to have the same issue I believe this discounts the RAM as being the root cause Same with the slots on the motherboard Does this mean the CPU s memory controller is the most likely suspect or is there another explanation My BIOS is set to all defaults with nothing overclocked These are my systems specifications CPU Intel Core i - Motherboard ASRock B M-Pro Memory G Kit Patriot Signature Line CAS GPU Gigabyte R GB PSU Fractal Design Integra M W OS Windows Fully Updated nbsp

A:Unusual Memory Errors and BSOD

Make sure that you have set the motherboards bios properly for the hardware that you have installed, and post any minidumps by going to C:\windows\minidump. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending these files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unusual-memory-errors-and-bsod.212146/
Relevancy 47.73%

One of my customers recieved an HP computer from some orginization for her son error Unusual boot who is doing some type of home schooling I had to set it up in the sense of connecting everything and installing the printer drivers and webcam drivers Well upon the first boot I recieved a boot error which read quot Invalid Electronic Serial Unusual boot error Number quot which was at the left top and in the left bottom highlighted in blue stated F Boot This erro was after the HP logo and right after the POST So upon pressing F it booted up fine I alerted her to contact someone as to this error just wasnt normal and why should her kid have to press F to boot his pc everytime So while she was talking to someone I set up the printer and the kids webcam and proceeded to setup a wireless connection with her main pc and this pc Before I got done setting up the wireless router modem I was put on the phone with some technician from the orginization who stated he never heard of this error either He proceeded in saying maybe the sata cable wasnt tightly connected or that I may have not connected something up right so we doublechecked everything on the outside but I refused to open the case as this was a brand new pc and didnt want to void any warranty Basically with his advice I set the boot sequence to boot to the h d d first which didnt help and then set them to default which also didnt help He then said they were sending her a new pc problem solved Well in my eyes the problem wasnt solved and to my curiosity I am bugged at this error and what it means So without anyone bustin their butts trying to resolve this as the pc went back to the org has anyone seen this error before This will bother me till I find out what the issue was and if I never find out well I'll die wondering

A:Unusual boot error

Hope this link works
Otherwise, go to
Hp.com and put invalid electronic serial number in the search box.

This is one of the links
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...nload/625.html

Quote:

This software creates the program I15_D820.COM. The program allows the user to correct a condition that may produce the message "Invalid electronic serial number" during POST after the system board is replaced on a Professional Workstation . This solution will be incorporated into the Professional Workstation Setup Utility in versions that will succeed version 1.03 of that utility.

Here is another
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...load/9063.html

Quote:

This SoftPaq creates a diskette for programming an electronic serial number into BIOS for
the Compaq desktop models listed below.

This can occur when the system board is swapped. An example of a possible symptom is that a Deskpro 6000 model is incorrectly identified at boot time as a Deskpro 4000 model.

After running SNZERO.EXE, you must enter the correct serial number using the appropriate Compaq Computer Setup utility (F10).

Basically they replaced the HP blessed motherboard with a board of the same make and model (but not one from HP) so there was no need to repair the OS, but the HP blessing is not there; so it has an INVALID electronic serial number on it (a non HP number).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unusual-boot-error-84914.html
Relevancy 47.73%

When I log on to my computer, the following rundll errors pop up.

C:\Docume~1\kd27c~smi\locals1\temp\vxdydywl.dll

C:\Docume~1\kd27c~smi\locals1\temp\jcldbtoe.dll

Have no idea what they are, computer is running fine can I block these messages, are they malware?

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks
Kylie

A:Unusual Rundll Error

Welcome to BC krelisys I see you have an HJT log posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128503/laptop-invaded-by-internet-pop-ups/Because you have this log posted, it is very important that you wait for guidance from the HJT team to keep from confusing things. Please DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128517/unusual-rundll-error/
Relevancy 47.73%

How're you all doing?

I recently tried to install a DSL modem on my XP computer and I got an error message when I tried to click on "devmgmt.msc" in c:\windows\system32\devmgmt.msc. The error read to the effect of:

Cannot open file; the MMC script is from a previous version, or you do not have sufficient access to open this file.

No tech support has been able to help me so far; I'm the only user for this home computer so I am computer administrator; I've been installing things since I got the computer in 2001.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Take care.

-Todd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-devmgmt-msc-error.256988/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,
My Dad has just attempted to fix his DVD drive, and ended up buying a new one and replacing it. With the new drive in, windows doesn't boot, with the only GUI coming up being the startup repair bit. It fails, as does trying the other options. None of the other options (including system restore and the memory test bit) seem to do anything, nor are they even capable of finding the cause. I suspect my Dad, in his folly, has probably tried to weld it or something to make it stay in place, yet he swears he hasn't done anything besides plug and unplug the drive. We've tried all the above solutions with the drive unplugged, no change. Replacing the old drive does nothing to change it either

Can anyone think of what the problem is, besides my father and his overabundance of "enthusiasm"?

A:Unusual error on startup

May be incompatible DVD Drive, try your broken DVD drive and see if it fixes the solution.

If the broken DVD drive works on startup, the new DVD drive may be incompatible. Buy a new one.

If the broken DVD drive does not work on startup, do Startup Repair as you mentioned (startup repair requires at least 3 time scan to fully find and fix startup problems.)

Please let me know if you are having problems,

Dean

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/139269-unusual-error-startup.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a HP OEM ASUS Help: Unusual Error Very Drive .... P SD-LA and this was running fine until in my search for the perfect overlocking mobo I flashed the BIOS with the retail version of this Help: Very Unusual Drive Error .... mobo the P G -V This went successfully but there was a very unusual side effect I currently have USB External floppy Help: Very Unusual Drive Error .... drive and for some reason everytime I restarted a virutal non-existent floppy drive kept getting installed as Drive B on my computer Windows only saw this as quot Floppy Drive quot and my BIOS saw it as quot st Floppy Drive quot The USB External drive was still working fine as drive A If I unistalled this floppy drive it was reinstalled on the next restart The only thing I could do was disable it at which point it would stay disabled even on restart But then it got worse Since the new BIOS didn t control my fans properly kept my CPU temp high and had several other disadvantages I decided to flash back to my original HP BIOS This was also successful but the floppy drive still kept being installed and it was still seen in the BIOS as quot st FLOPPY DRIVE quot Plus there s more problem During my boot POST messages AMI my bios gives me an error A Drive Error Press F for setup or Press F to continue If I press F it just goes into my BIOS which I have tried everything in with no success to remove this error If I press F it continues successfully to Windows but I would like to remove this message all together because I do not want to press F to skip the message everytime I have removed quot st Floppy Drive quot from the Boot Device List all toghether but no luck Plus this message is shown no matter what I boot off HDD Floppy CD Please help me remove this message all toghether I believe the only way to achieve this is to somehow get rid of this peculiar non-existent floppy drive all toghether Shane nbsp

A:Help: Very Unusual Drive Error ....

There should be an "Enable onboard Floppy controller" option in the BIOS somewhere (its in the first page if you have an Award BIOS). so try disabling that since you dont have an internal FDD Drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-very-unusual-drive-error.20253/
Relevancy 47.73%

I posted in the Graphics Card section earlier today but kept searching around for a solution so I just learned that I should have posted here Earlier today While working my Win desktop suddenly displayed multiple desktops about of them in columns and a message to quot check with your hardware vendor quot the only way to do anything was to shut down with the power button which I did I then booted into Safe Mode and checked for driver updates and updated the video card When I booted back to regular mode the screen displayed normally and worked well for a while but then froze and was completely unresponsive It is now freezing almost immediately after booting But I haven't seen multiple desktops displayed again in regular mode since updating the driver And Safe Mode still works fine More recent I updated Chrome in Safe Mode and then booted to regular mode where there were Windows updates to install so I hoped this would fix the problem But the computer crashed again and gave me a dmp file after reboot After searching a little more I found the link here to create the compressed file for the dmp desktop BSOD's, unusual showing displays More file which is attached The screen also again displayed images of More BSOD's, showing unusual desktop displays six desktops in two columns which I find puzzling This is what made me think earlier that the problem may be a graphics card issue So hopefully this compressed file will present the solution Thanks very much for any help

A:More BSOD's, showing unusual desktop displays

Your single dump is a 0x124 which indicates a hardware error. Unfortunately, as with the majority of 0x124s, it's not giving any indication of what the problem actually is. We normally recommend hardware stress and diagnostic checks but if you really want to rule out your graphics card (which could well be the culprit) you can remove it physically from the PC (after uninstalling it through Device Manager) provided you have onboard graphics you can switch to. Do you know if this is possible on your PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366712-more-bsods-showing-unusual-desktop-displays.html
Relevancy 47.73%

This morning my computer just started to freeze up a lot Also it would sometimes drop me from the router not a router issue All other computer connected stayed connected just fine This is not a new router it has worked fine for over a year I have gotten two Blue Screens of Death today probably as a result of all the freezing and the four or so hard reboots I had to do Router Drops, BSOD Freezing, Unusual to get out of some of the freezes Please excuse my missing the gamr files my Unusual Router Drops, Freezing, BSOD computer crashed midscan I'll try to get the scan going again but just posting this up here until I get that Also I downloaded a program called 'Security Task Manager' to see if it could find anything suspicious It found one extremely high risk file It is called adtschem dll It lists the following things about this file Able to monitor Internet browser window not visible no description of the program no Windows system file no detailed description available unknown file in Windows folder Note File no longer exists I searched Google there were no results matching adtschem dll There was however an adtschema dll which I DO have when checking my System folder That is a necessary windows file apparently However the adtschem dll I could not find online is not in the location it should be and yet according to Security Task Manager the program is running I would assume either STM is faulty or the program is malware attempting to disguise itself as a Windows system file Thanks in advance for any help you can offer DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Snowflake at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Spare Backup SpareBackup exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe c program files aim toolbar aimtbServer exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Snowflake Downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH nofound amp Br EM amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M T uDefault Page URL hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH nofou... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unusual-router-drops-freezing-bsod-397316.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm trying to use Livve.com and when I log in I get the following error message:

"Unable to log on. We encountered an unusual and unexpected error.(13.260000101)"

I'm running XP. I've opened the firewall ports 8000-8999. Still no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Relevancy 47.3%

Note:This happens only when Windows Areo is enabled and any Nvidia drivers for 9800 GTX is installed. I've tested the card, the motherboard, the PCI-E port, the monitor, cables and adapters, all work flawlessly until the Nvidia drivers are installed, then the card displays the following when in Windows Areo theme.
Build:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
Foxconn M6IPMP-K
AMD Phenom II 925 2.8Ghz
4G G.Skill DDR3 1333Mhz
Gigabyte Geforce 9800 GTX
250G Seagate main
500G WD backup
BFG 550W PSU(supplies enough power for everything on board including the vid card)

A:Unusual Nvidia driver error, HELP!

Looks like bad hardware on the 3D side of the card.
That part is not activated until drivers are loaded.
Try a 3D game and you will probably see the same problem.
If it is under warranty,you may want to send it in for replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-nvidia-driver-error-help.892208/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'll keep this as brief as possible, because I'm not in the mood....

Screenshot 1:

Description:Can you observe anything strange about Google's appearance? Well, then you're able to witness that the tabs on Google has been shortened drastically.
I would like to know how to restore them to default.

Miscellaneous:
Just recently, I've been encountering an add-on installation issue on my Firefox 2. The add-ons of which I've attempted to install would emerge this error notice.....

Screenshot 2:

Expectedly, I would like if this was resolved as well.

Also, I would like any recommendations for any Firefox add-ons or support utilities to help increase the performance and speed of my Firefox 2. Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefoxs-unusual-tab-shortening-error-320180.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All Running windows XP I got this error this morning when I opened up my outlook express Microsoft Visual C amp Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C Program Files Earthlink total access upd mgr exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way Please check the application support team for more info and then a box to check okay So what I did was I disabled the Earthlink accelerator Then I enabled it agian and rebooted Then it seemed fine I ran AVG Ad-aware Spybot CWS and even a hi jack log and all seems to be fine What do you think the error was and it kinda scared me that it said it was requested to terminate quot in an unusual way quot quot Yikes LOL Thanks helene Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Error to Runtime in an terminate way??? unusual WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Accelerator PropelAC exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess FastLane IPClient exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG AVGCC EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Helene Leavitt Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection Runtime Error to terminate in an unusual way??? - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO EarthLink Popup Blocker - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Pop-Up Blocker - D F B - - AF- -B FA D E - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dll O - HKLM Run Propel Accelerator C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Accelerator PropelAC exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - HKCU Run E TaskPanel quot C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe quot -winstart O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup hp psc Series lnk C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe O - Global Startup hpoddt exe lnk O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Refresh Pa amp ge with Full Quali... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/runtime-error-to-terminate-in-an-unusual-way.277164/
Relevancy 47.3%

ok, here's the deal... it's actually MY fault i screwed it up so i'll cop to it. haha. i deleted the recovery partition and added the space to the C drive. then it wouldn't boot at all so i had to use a recovery disk. now when i boot i get an error message about Windows Recovery Startup (or something to that effect) that windows needs repaired and options to press F8 for more options or F9 for other OSes. F9 will load Windows 7 but says the recovery partition is active not the main OS. how do i fix this? i've tried repairing windows but it says there's nothing wrong to repair.

Relevancy 46.87%

Win7 64 bit with Adobe Shockwave and Flash Player installed.

On my laptop (not the desktop described in my profile) I get the following message when viewing any one of the videos using IE9(32 bit) on this website:
ABCNews.com - Breaking News, Latest News & Top Video News - ABC News.

Error Saving Localized Settings
Application is unable to access your file system

The videos play fine once I clear the message box by pressing OK. The problem does not occur on my desktop and I notice no difference in the two setups. Nor does it occur under Firefox on either machine.

Will someone try to help me here?

Thank you very much.

A:Unusual Error Message When Viewing Videos in IE9

A correction and additional information.

First, I mistakenly said it did not occur under Firefox. As it turns out, Firefox has the same problem

Second, If I log on the the ADMINISTRATOR account, the problem does not exist.

Third, He is a additional video that causes the problem. Texas Teen Killed Before Testifying in Court | Video - ABC News.

Does this help in answering the problem? I hope so.

Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/251115-unusual-error-message-when-viewing-videos-ie9.html
Relevancy 46.87%

All I ve been trying to wrap my head around this for quite sometime and it seems to be a growing issue Below is the problem and Unusual Error 2k3 Recipient Undeliverable Outlook my troubleshooting thus far Outlook k Server w Outlook k Clients w Office SP installed Two people UserA and UserB are trying to setup an appointment within Outlook k UserA sends UserB a meeting invitation and immediately gets a failure notice that it could not send to another User UserC Now UserC was never on the invitation between UserA and UserB Note that UserB does not have to accept the meeting invitation for the failure notice to go to UserA I have looked at UserB s Calender permissions and UserC is not listed in there at all I ve also taken UserB s Outlook account out of cached mode and run a Global Address List update which where that account for UserC would reside These failures tend to start as soon as UserC s account is deleted We have also searched out Exchange Server for UserC s username or any reference to such and come up Unusual Outlook 2k3 Undeliverable Recipient Error with nothing Unusual Outlook 2k3 Undeliverable Recipient Error Also a note is that it doesn t matter who tries to setup an appointment with UserB they always get a failure notice that references UserC s Undeliverable The only way we ve been able to solve this so far is to completely wipe out UserB s Email account by saving all thier data to a PST file and then rebuilding it I m wondering since my UserC is a Outlook k dependant individual if there is something else I can look for to fix this situation nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-outlook-2k3-undeliverable-recipient-error.710506/
Relevancy 46.87%

Vista Ultimate x86 with current updates. At the end of a day everything was OK. The next day I get the C++ Runtime Library error (...program requested termination in an unusual way) caused by an element of a software that I connect to wireless internet with. (OrangeBS, module: ...\connectivity\CoreCom\CoreCom.exe).
I restored the system twice, because the first didn't work (to previous day and to 2days back), uninstalled the software (Revo Uninstaller), cleaned up remains from registry manually, discarded old folders from C:\Program Files, reinstalled software (downloaded via a different computer). I also reinstalled the MS Visual C++. No use.
Than, sfc /scannow, which returned some errors that couldn't be fixed automatically.
Is there a way to fix registry without reinstalling the OS? (other than going back 'till I ran out of restore points)

A:Runtime Library error - unusual termination

Hi if you have a install or recovery disc you can try a start up repair Startup Repair: frequently asked questions
you can find out which files etc where causing issues How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/runtime-library-error-unusual-termination-615726.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I m hoping someone can help I work in a building with around PCs - all networked LAN/WAN problem! unusual Very either wirelessly or Very unusual LAN/WAN problem! through a LAN - and as I m slightly experienced in computers I ve been designated the PC guy Last night our ADSL modem router died Very unusual LAN/WAN problem! - so we picked up another - a LinkSys WAG G Very unusual LAN/WAN problem! which has both LAN and wireless capability I set it up without any problems but when it came to connecting the computers something unusual happened In the office downstairs there are two PCs Both of these are now connected via cable to the router - and both show the live local area connection mbs However only one has an internet connection - the other just brings up a This page cannot be displayed error Both PCs have exactly the same settings and they ve both been checked for viruses and spyware both are clean A third cable runs upstairs to a hub off of which runs three other PCs - all of which are connected via cable and have a working internet connection So - I have one PC which is connected EXACTLY like the others and which shows the local area connection - but cannot access the internet As an experiment I installed a wireless card in the problem PC and tried to connect to the new router that way Bingo - connected first time However I would much rather have the PC connected via a cable for the faster speeds So far I ve changed the cable between the router and the PC upgraded the ethernet drivers flash updated the motherboard BIOS and even backed up and reformatted the offending computer - but I still get the same result It s driving me nuts I d be grateful for any and all suggestions With thanks Tommy email protected nbsp

A:Very unusual LAN/WAN problem!

i had the same problem with a linksys router once.
i updated the firmware, and a few of the pc's couldn't get internet access.
reverted the firmware, and everything was back to normal.
linksys support was no help, so i went out and got cisco routers. (we should have had something better for a critical connection anyway)

sorry i'm no help, but at least you have company if you can't solve it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-unusual-lan-wan-problem.352892/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am currently working on a pair of computers for a client and I have come across a problem the likes of which I have never seen before ...

The clients second computer has developed a problem whereby it refuses to acknowledge the format of several types of files ... mainly so far the files of a photo type such as .jpg and also http documents ...

it displays the pictures with the unknown file format thumbnail ...
in the internet explorer address bar it shows an unknown file format icon in front of the web address ....

has anyone ever seen anything like this before and/or have any idea what might have caused this ??

A:unusual problem

Hi Vampy

Are you able to 'Open With', and associate the file-type manually?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unusual-problem-133244.html
Relevancy 46.44%

For some reason every time i try to run a program on my cpu, it opens as a word pad document. So ofcourse it's unreadable. Some of the programs i tried to run were, IE, msn and yahoo messanger, excel, sys restore. I even inserted disks to help fix it but it didnt help- i tried downloaded hijackthis but it opens in a jumbled wordpad doc. I hope there is a quick fix. If anyone has any knowledge in this area please share it

Mad Mike

A:Unusual problem

nevermind i found the answer here:

http://www.techsupportforums.com/sho...hlight=wordpad

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unusual-problem-20701.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Now I m not sure if this is the right place to post this but I m gonna give it a shot anyways Recently I purchased a new computer for my mother but ever since I set everything up she s been unable to properly connect to the internet The computer says that she s connected but whenever she tries to open a web browser it just keeps loading Now I m not sure if this is a computer error or if it has something to do with her router but I ve been on the phone with three different tech support people and none of them seem to have a solution to this problem My laptop which I m on now connects to the internet fine and dandy along with the other desktop and her older computer All of which connect and allow access to the internet without problems This is a Unusual Problem brand new computer so it really has no reason to be doing this but I figured I d try and get some help here since I m tired of dealing with customer support tech support Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unusual Problem

On the effected computer, open up a command prompt window and type in "ipconfig /all" and post the results back here so we can try and diagnose if its a network issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-problem.1053487/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm doing a job on a computer for my local internet cafe such as removing spyware and installing applications My problem is that although I'm able Unusual Problem to install the programs when I reboot they mysteriously disappear and all the changes I've done such as removing spyware are reverted This computer runs a piece of software called NetTime Client and I thought that because I was on a standard user account the software could be preventing me from Unusual Problem installing the software I then accessed the software through the adminstrator superuser account and tried installing the software from within that but I got the same result Also I got Unusual Problem the same result again when I shut down the software so I am led to assume that it's not the NetTime Client It could be the server software but I can't really try that at the moment My last quess is the McAfee VirusScan Suite version which could be preventing the installation of the software At this point I'm literally stumped as I can't even update MSN to without it reverting back to after rebooting I'm aware that there's probably something I haven't tried but my ideas are a little thin on the ground so I thought I'd ask around here to see if anyone has anything I could try The PC specs are from what I gather AMD Semperon Ghz MB Ram GB Hard drive and the OS Is Windows XP with Service Pack I'm not sure if any of that helps but better safe than sorry Thanks in advance

it has file and folder protection built into the client. You will have to find out how to disable this to install programs. Here is a link to the web site.

http://www.nettimesoftware.com/nettime_cs_features.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unusual-problem-61060.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I m not sure where to put this because I m not really sure what s wrong with my computer Here goes I recently bought a Gateway M laptop in August for school Within the past months it has been acting really strange For some problem...at me unusual least Very to reason when I either start to play this one video game watch movies browse the web or really any activity on my computer the screen goes blank After that hapens I have to Very unusual problem...at least to me hit the power button or after like minutes it will reboot itself Very unusual problem...at least to me Then it acts alright for a little bit after Very unusual problem...at least to me I reboot it But then it does it again in a shorter period of time though I repeat this cycle until eventually it happens before it even gets to the Windows log-in screen so Windows never even gets a chance to start up After all of this I have to reboot in safe-mode just to use the damn thing I have contacted Gateway several times and they have tried to give me solutions but none of them worked I even sent it back to them for repair but they couldnt find the problem I assume this is because after you give it a days rest it regenerates itself and they probably didn t give it enough time to do it again I m about to send it back to them for a refund if i can and get an HP or Dell Can anyone help me out I m sick of dealing with Gateway my first problem with them Thanks Andy nbsp

A:Very unusual problem...at least to me

just get refund, andy, and get HP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-unusual-problem-at-least-to-me.43769/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys.

Every time i click a Hyperlink that has a Email on it, it freezes the system then loads 60+ Pages of IE windows.

does anyone know what the problem is? Heres a SS

thanks.

A:Unusual IE problem.

Hello Hawman

Have you tired to uninstall IE? then re install it?

Why dont you just use Firefox? It is so much better

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unusual-ie-problem-179390.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have supplied 3 PC's on separate occasions to a small shop all with new HD's and clean install of XP home. All drivers installed.

The problem is these PC's keep crashing after a few hours when installed at the customers shop and work perfectly when back at my workshop on long soak tests ?

The PC is connected to a broadband modem, filter and telephone socket as well as a PDQ sharing the same socket. Could their telephony equipment be causing this? there electricity supply? faulty anti surge extension lead?

Any ideas anyone??

Regards
Ian

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys I m having a rather frustrating experience problem... Unusual with my Windows laptop I Unusual problem... wouldn t usually post here as I can usually solve any problem with a simple google search However I have never encountered anything like this before and neither has anyone else that I know I m not really even sure how to describe it Basically whenever I have certain windows or software running my computer will occasionally deactivate the window Sort of I can still Unusual problem... see it I can click on it again to resume what I was doing But this happens frequently Whenever it does happen and I click the screen again I usually have about seconds before it ll deactivate the screen once more I realise that this Unusual problem... is an absolutely terrible description and that most people will struggle to discern anything from this so let me give you a few real world examples I m using MS Words and the screen does this deactivation thing The text input bar disappears and I have to click the screen again to continue Wouldn t be a very big deal if it didn t happen every seconds I m playing a game which usually runs perfectly fine and the screen keeps minimising I can only assume that this is because of the same problem It begins doing the above with website inputs such as the one I m typing into now around the same time so it s likely the same error I m typing into this and have to keep clicking the field to continue typing as it happens incessantly I receive no error message no indication that something is wrong But the problem doesn t go away I ve ran Spybot which says I have no infections Aside from this I have not taken any further steps as I clearly do not know what the issue is let alone the necessary actions to resolve this I m sorry for such a noob description I really hope that somebody who possesses a greater computer knowledge than my own has at least a modicum of understanding though I appreciate that this hasn t been a very comprehensive post If more details are required I will happily give them My Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus None Thank you everybody nbsp

A:Unusual problem...

You might want to try getting your computer up to date. You are missing Service Pack 1 . Also, you have no Antivirus? I use Avast Free Antivirus and along with it I use Malwarebytes Free and SuperAntiSpyware. These come highly recommended here at Tech Support Guy.

http://windows.microsoft.com/installwindows7sp1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-problem.1067431/
Relevancy 46.44%

In my Program Folder, I have a TEMP Folder (Empty). When I right click and try to delete the folder, I enter a loop with no end. The Pop Window display like it is trying to remove the whole Programs Folder. Any Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

There is supposed to be TEMP folder in C > Windows and one in Winsxs. It was probably moved. Chances are it is not empty. I would leave it alone. Maybe it is just a junction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/158441-unusual-problem.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Recently I've experienced some unusual problem with my computer. Basically it's been operating real slowly, and I doubt it could be a virus since I have about 3-4 firewalls, and virus-protection programs. What it does is that when I click a link the computer will just freeze and not respond for about 20 seconds and then it's back to normal, it'll do this every few minutes or sometimes less than a minute. It started doing this a few days ago and I'm really getting frustrated.

If anyone could provide some advice or assistance for this particular problem, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 46.44%

Howdy all I am the IT director computer teacher and Web Site Manager for a Small private school in North Carolina I am having an issue with one of my teachers computers and Unusual IE6 Problem with Internet Explorer Every time you open up IE and try to go to another page it hangs Brings up another blank IE page this never really loads and IE just sits there and hangs I have tried to un-install IE from Add Unusual Problem with IE6 Remove add remove windows components to no avail I have tried to disable ALL Add-ons in IE to no avail I have tried using the reregister command from MS's web site to no avail I can go to the home page but if I try to go to any other page whether I type it in manually click a link go to favorites it attempts to open other quot blank quot pages I Unusual Problem with IE6 have also scanned the system Numerous times with AVG and removed what should be all traces of any infections System restore is turned off I also had to do a quot repair quot install of XP from the CD Any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance IKE

A:Unusual Problem with IE6

Well I knew it was an Unusual Problem,
but didn't think it was that much of a
problem to solve, at least not for the experts.

But it seems as usual When I have to post to a support
forum it is an issue that Nobody has an answer to.

IKE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unusual-problem-with-ie6-431213.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone I am Problem Unusual facing an unusual problem in my PC Well first Unusual Problem of all I tell you the specs of my PC Its a Unusual Problem P Ghz machine with MB Ram and G HD I have dual boot with and XP as my OSs Most of the times I am on XP but for using DOS i need The symptoms of the problem virus in my PC are as follows When I right click on any icon say drive file folder etc The first option is displayed as blank instead of open I clicked on that option on CD-Rom drive letter by mistake and the CD Rom was not being detected since then The icon just vanished No Antivirus software has detected it yet Ive tried Now im getting the same option in XP too when I right click on audio or video files Can someone help me out please and another thing im not able to see the set as desktop background option when i right click on any image file not even in thumbnails mode what could be the reason my registry also is giving me probs today my office XP was vanished from my PC and it was office there i had to re install office XP im in trouble folks plz guide me Regards qqplus nbsp

come on, is anyoyne there to help me out?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-problem.406592/
Relevancy 46.44%

Recently I've experienced some unusual problem with my computer. Basically it's been operating real slowly, and I doubt it could be a virus. What it does is that when I click on a link the computer will freeze and not respond for about 20 seconds and then it's back to normal, it'll do this every few minutes or sometimes less than a minute. It started doing this a few days ago and I'm really getting frustrated.

If anyone could provide some advice or assistance for this particular problem, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 46.44%

Today morning when i booted my pc I got this error quot GENERIC Host process for Win services encountered a problem and needed to close quot and Data execution prevention error Unusual problem I have installed a patch as well from Microsoft and it has disappeared now But my main problem is that whenever i access my internet my Windows theme gets automatically changed to classic theme and all unusual stuff happens This happens when i access my net through Bridged mode thru ADSL Why is that happening This is happening even after having formatted my system I have done a full scan through Malwarebytes It did not find any thing at all I have some system logs which i am sharing here as well Is my Pc hijacked UsingIntel Pentium CPU GHZ GHZ MB of RAMWindows Xp Sp Hijackthis Log fileLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Unusual problem MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Program Files DU Meter DUMeterSvc exe C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH opssvc exe C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH EMLPROXY EXE C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH quhlpsvc exe C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH scanwscs exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH EMLPROUI EXE C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH UPSCHD EXE C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH SCANMSG EXE C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH OnlineNT EXE D PROGRA SYSTEM WScheduler exe D Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files FastStone Capture FSCapture exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe D Program Files Winamp winamp exe D Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe D Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Total Security Toolbar - C F - E - -B E- AEB A F - C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH antiphis dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Anti Popup - EFCA D B-F E - d- -E D E ABFE - C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH apop dll O - Toolbar Total Security Toolbar - C F - E - -B E- AEB A F - C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH antiphis dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run Email Protection C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH EMLPROUI EXE O - HKLM Run Update Scheduler C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH UPSCHD EXE CHECK O - HKLM Run On-Line Protection C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH cateye exe O - HKLM Run Messenger C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH SCANMSG EXE O - HKLM Run Startup Scan C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH Sensor EXE LOADRUN O - HKLM Run ResumeQuickupDownload C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH acappaa exe O - HKLM Run WScheduler D PROGRA SYSTEM WScheduler exe LOGON O - HKLM Run shared Update F Program Files shared Desktop checkUpdate exe O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant F Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE D Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher D Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe O - HKLM Run Quick Heal Monitor C PROGRA QUICKH QUICKH op mon exe tray noservice O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM RunOnce Startup Scan C PROGRA ... Read more

A:Unusual problem

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234858/unusual-problem/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have win xp aol and McAfee AV When I start my computer I get a massage telling me that I have wrong version of McAfee and to reinstall it I have reinstalled and updated several times Cmos can not load correct date and time I updated date and time problem-HJT help Unusual several times Unusual problem-HJT help from Cmos nothing changed McAfee finds AGDAaccess dialer- I have deleted it but came back Here is my hijackthis file Thanks for your help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFTRAY EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files America Online a aoltray exe C WINDOWS system BelkinMonitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFAGENT EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe c program files mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe c program files mcafee com shared mghtml exe C RegSeeker RegSeeker RegSeeker exe C Program Files America Online a waol exe C Program Files America Online a shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files Aol aoltpspd exe C DOCUME EROLOZ LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - no file O - BHO no name - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic quot C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe quot -Run O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Instant Access rundll exe EGDACCESS dll InstantAccess O - Global Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online a aoltray exe O - Global Startup Belkin Mbps Wireless Desktop Network Card Monitor lnk C WINDOWS system BelkinMonitor exe O - Global ... Read more

A:Unusual problem-HJT help

Before you do anything else, please create a folder for HijackThis and put it in a permanent folder (like C:\HJT) instead of the Temp folder. This is required because HijackThis will create backups and we don't want them to be deleted.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4B5F2E08-6F39-479a-B547-B2026E4C7EDF} - (no file)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Instant Access] rundll32.exe EGDACCESS_1057.dll,InstantAccess
O16 - DPF: {5D9E4B6D-CD17-4D85-99D4-6A52B394EC3B} -

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

EGDACCESS_1057.dll

Reboot into Normal Mode and run new HijackThis scan. If there were some entries that didn't show up in Safe Mode, you may check and fix those that appear now in normal mode (if you do that, make sure to run a new scan again). Save the log file and run KRC HijackThis Analyzer in the same folder to get the result.txt log. Just post the contents of the result.txt file in the forum.

Let's use a program to scan for any trojans that may exist. Download TDS-3. Learn how to use it here. Make sure to update it after you installed it. You can get the manual updates here. When you launch the program, it will scan your memory for running processes. This will take less than 30 seconds. Next go to System Testing on the menu and choose Full System Scan. After that's finished, post the log file by selecting everything on the top pane (select from bottom to top). If any alarms are found, it will be listed in the bottom window. Please copy and paste that here also if it applies.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unusual-problem-hjt-help-37180.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm using Windows XP Professional on a network. A couple of days ago, a strange thing started happening each time I boot my computer.

A message come up exactly as shown:

Checking File System on C:
File System is Fat32
Serial Number is C4C4-26B1
Checking for Consistency on Drive
Windows is Verifying Files and Folders

I have about 4 seconds to hit any key for my computer to boot on. If I fail to press a key, the drive begins to start like doing a Scan disk. I have pressed a key to stop the action, I have allowed the process to complete. Either way, the same thing happens at each new boot.

Any help would be appreciated

A:Unusual XP Problem?

Windows does this when it thinks there is a problem with the drive. I had an empty partition that was formatted Fat32 and WinXP started running check disk when I would reboot the computer. I could not track down the problem, but I converted the partition to NTFS and the problem went away.
First I would try running check disk, go to Start, Run and type in 'chkdsk /r' (without the quotes, also notice the space before the 'slash') click OK then reboot the computer. You can also check the 'Event logs' for any indications of an error. Right click on 'MyComputer' select 'Manage' then under 'System tools' you will find the Event viewer. Check both 'Applications' and 'System' for any clues of problems.
One more thing you could check would be the hard drive itself. If you go to the manufacturer's website that made your hard drive, they usually have a utility program available that will check the 'health' of your hard drive. Follow their instructions (usually involves putting the program on a diskette and booting the computer with it in the drive). Hopefully this will help you find a clue...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-xp-problem.222455/
Relevancy 46.44%

I m having a problem that doesn t seem to be related to software or the operating system but I can t seem to figure it out and I m guessing it s hardware related Here s the problem When I use an application doesn t matter which one and leave it open for say ten minutes or more without any activity in that particular app I m busy using another application when I go back to the original app and click a button like the back button in IE it Unusual Problem seems to have gone to sleep The computer pauses for about - seconds before the application wakes up After that everything is fine again Now I have turned OFF EVERY hibernation sleep power down setting in Windows XP AND in BIOS Screensaver is set to none I know Unusual Problem it s not OS related because I had this exact same problem in Windows on this machine XP was a clean install Memory and all other systems have tested fine through diagnostics No IRQ conflicts no application conflicts Power supply is solid I have never encountered this type of problem with any other computer of mine so I m at a bit of a loss Does anyone have any clue what the problem might be It s a work machine and ITS is either clueless or doesn t want to bother It s a Dell PIII with megs memory The memory sticks have been changed Everything wiped and reinstalled There are several identical machines here without any problems Help nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

hey guys its my first day in these forums.. so i have encountered a strange problem and i dont know what is causing it.. all my right click dialouge boxes have bars of colors in them instead of text such as "refresh" etc .. it is also occuring in random places as well .. i have attached a few screen shots for you guys to look at .. please help moi..

i can olny attach the following screen shots

A:unusual problem please help!

The only picture I could see was one for MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) which is an antivirus program from MS.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540041/unusual-problem-please-help/
Relevancy 46.44%

How do you shut the blasted thing off?

A:I have an unusual problem

Two quick ways.
1. Ctl, Alt, Del and lower right corner of screen will show shutdown.
2. Touch power off button on computer and it will close windows and shut down

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5129-i-have-unusual-problem.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i have 64 bit vista installed and just noticed a weird issue (well not sure if its a big one or not) but trying to fiqure out why when i install 64 bit applications they install in the x86 folder and report as installed as 32 bit in the programs help section. i thoughty maybe it was this one application (the beta of mozilla's x64 firefox browser) but i installed another 64 bit application from nvidia for physx control of my video card, and that installed as 32 bit as well, what can be causing this? i did install the beta to sp2 on this machine a few days ago, and cant remember if this issue was pre or post that install. i have used EVEREST premium and it reports:
OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
OS Code Name Longhorn Server
OS Kernel Type Multiprocessor Free (64-bit)
OS Version 6.0.6002

Any replys, or help would be greatly appreciated, ty

In the case of the Physx install it is probably because it is used by both 32 bit and 64 bit games (that support it). The 64 bit Firefox is still in beta and that is probably just one of those things they need to adjust in the installer somewhere along the way.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/208467-unusual-problem.html
Relevancy 46.44%

OK so here is the deal Help! Unusual Problem Please - I Unusual Problem - Please Help! have a HP Mini netbook with an eight GB hard drive other specs aren't important for this discussion It originally came with Ubuntu but I wanted to try Windows out on it So I got a copy from my university's software store and proceeded to figure out how to put it on the tiny netbook hard drive After a few days of searching huzzah I had found a method that would compress the whole installation so that even my tiny hard drive should have about two GB of storage left on it after the install For those of you that would like to view the method here is the link How To Install Windows On Almost Any Netbook - Windows netbook installation - Gizmodo So everything went great and I now have a workable copy of Windows on my netbook Here is the problem how do I get the darn thing off of there I have decided that it is time to sell the netbook for a more powerful machine but I do not want to give away my Windows copy as it was free and I would like to install it on another computer that I have at home I want to install something like Ubuntu on it again but there is not enough space on the hard drive for the new installation to fit only about GB is all I can free up So I guess my real question is how do I get Windows off and put Ubuntu on I can't boot from a usb stick as for some strange and mystifying reason my boot manager is missing I can't install from within Windows because I don't have enough hard drive space I can't burn a cd and burn an image to it because the machine is a netbook without a disk drive although I could quit being cheap and go out and by an external disk drive What do you guys recommend I do Is there a method to totally wipe everything off of a hard drive and start with basically a BIOS that you could boot a usb stick from Please someone help me because this is driving me nuts Thanks

A:Unusual Problem - Please Help!

In order to remove Windows you'll need some sort of external media to boot to. You could use a USB Stick, or a DVD, but as mentioned those don't work. I'd suggest you borrow a usb dvd drive to write a dvd and then delete windows.

There may be a way to connect to your netbook hard drive from another computer but you'd have to research it.
NOTE: You may not be able to boot to your USB Stick because you're forgetting to change the boot order via BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/80137-unusual-problem-please-help.html
Relevancy 46.44%

When I click Start on my Windows XP menu, and then All Programs, the menu does not expand! I can not chose anything from All Programs menu. I have tried some disk maintenace and registry maintenace programs, but it does not help. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

A:Rather unusual problem...

Have you made any changes to your PC or operating system lately?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rather-unusual-problem.609854/
Relevancy 46.44%

I was trying to help my aunt clean up her computer It seems she got infected w a virus and wanted help installing some anti-virus software When she put the CD in the drive nothing happened I had her try and go through Windows Explorer to access the CD drive but she kept getting the error message Please insert disk We even tried going through DOS but to no avail At first I though she might have a bad disk but I had her Unusual problem CD-ROM put in another CD-ROM and still nothing happened So I figure there s something wrong w the CD drive I had her check the Properties of the D drive in Device Manager amp everything says it s working properly We even that the IEDE was functioning in Device Manager I even had her uninstall the CD drive amp reboot the computer And we still have the same problem But here is where things get weird I had her put in an Audio CD to see what would happen And oddly enough the CD played fine Unusual CD-ROM problem So this leads me to believe that the cable amp jumpers are properly seated Is there any reason why her computer wouldn t recognize a Data CD but would play an Audio CD Her computer specs are HP Pavilion MB RAM Windows XP Any help would greatly be appreciated nbsp

A:Unusual CD-ROM problem

Hi and welcome. Is it a burnt cd or an original?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-cd-rom-problem.155753/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all,

Firstly, I apologise if I posted this in the wrong section. I couldn't really figure out which section to aim my question at.

I've searched google for an solution to this problem but I've struggled to find any answers.

Basically, I'm working on a fresh install of Windows XP Media Center. Since the change, whenever I modify .mp3 tags using (Properties --> Summary Tab) or sometimes just play an mp3 the artist tag randomly gains a character, usually an unrecognised character but also a random letter some times. It's only ever the Artist tag that changes. I can't begin to figure this out.

I'm using Windows Media Player to play music and its set to not interfere with retitling anything.

This is really frustrating so I hope somebody can help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unusual-mp3-tag-problem-434890.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a or flash drives and or external hard drive enclosures It doesn t matter which one I use but sometimes they don t show up in windows explorer or on quot my computer quot They do show up in device manager and disc management and can be opened there Also the may or may not show up in my program quot USB Safely Remove quot If I do a reboot the device shows up in Windows Explorer and there is no problem BUT MORE IMPROTANT Another curious thing is that sometimes when I plug the device into either Problem Unusual the front or rear USB ports the computer will shut down upon contact Unusual Problem with the device touching the USB port It also does this with a flash card reader sometimes This seems to occur after the computer has been on for a while Unusual Problem It is not the flash drives enclosures or individual USB ports I have XP SP and have run all the virus and trojan scans and registry cleaners and fixers WITH A FRESH REBOOT EVERYTHING IS FINE nbsp

hiya,this problem seems to be on the increase,in forums i have visited some blame the SP3 update,i did read if you uninstall all usb drive controllers then reboot this sometimes cures it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-problem.914307/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Toshiba Satellite pro e200 and am getting a, \windows\system32\config\system error message when I turn the computer on.
- The CMOS clock and date is correct so its not the battery.
- Have tried all the safe modes on the f8 menu but none of them work.
- When I try to repair or install xp (Xp was the existing OS) it tells me it cant sense a HDD.
- On the F3 menu it can see and identify the HDD.

Anyody have any advice?

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Toshiba Satellite pro e200 and am getting a, \windows\system32\config\system error message when I turn the computer on.

- Have tried all the safe modes on the f8 menu but none of them work.
- When I try to repair or install xp with an original installer disk (Xp was the existing OS) it tells me it cant sense a HDD. So it exits the repair or OS installation protocol.
- On the F3 menu it can see and identify the HDD.
- Drive is 160 gb
- The HDD has a proprietory Toshiba port so I cannot plug it to an external USB drive to salvage it on a different computer.

I really want to try and salvage the information on the drive by hopefully repairing the OS so reformatting it is my last resort.

Any suggestions are most welcome..

A:Need help re: unusual \windows\system32\config\system error

Try a new RAM stick. Failing RAM causes a lot of errors when charging the OS even those telling that certain files don´t exist

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-re-unusual-windows-system32-config-system-error.116132/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am completely perplexed with this Ok so I have the Solved: Weird 120% weird Alcohol ACCESS - problem DENIED with installation file for Alcohol v Solved: Weird weird problem with Alcohol 120% - ACCESS DENIED on a DVD so when I try copy pasting it to my E drive I get an Access Denied - Make sure the file is not in use or write protected error However I can copy it with no problem to my C drive Once I do that if I try to run the installation I get the quot Windows cannot find the specified path device or file Make sure you have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot error Trying to copy it from C to E gives me the access denied error again and I ve already removed all atributes like read-only What the hell is going on here I m system administrator and in the years I ve been using WinXP I have never seen this problem The file isn t corrupt it works on other computers Right clicking on it the context menu takes a good seconds to show up nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I recently ran a problem NSW Solved: unusual NSW system works scan and got registry values that were not normal and Solved: unusual NSW problem NSW will not repair It says C moved to C for these values I will attach a HJT logfile Any thoughts on this Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files VIA Technologies Inc VIA Audio Driver Setup Program AudioDeck AudioDeck exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Nmain exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navw exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run Norton SystemWorks quot C Program Files Norton SystemWorks cfgwiz exe quot GUID CFD- CC - ceb-AAAF-CF BF A MODE CfgWiz O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ct... Read more

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a friend with a compaq pressario s cl with winxp service pack and she is having a very odd problem that recently started On her desktop the programs will not open by doulble clicking but a few of them can be right clicked and told to open At the same time the shutdown button has messed up when she clicks to shutdown the only buttons that are available are log off usre and change user there are no shutdown or restart buttons the only to shut off the pc is with the power button I restored her system to the last known good settings and that appeared to fix the problem but after about minutes or so everything reverted back to what it was doing earlier I then had her recurring unusual problem boot into safe mode and do a full scan using recurring unusual problem the norton software that she uses it only found just a couple cases of adware that she was already aware of and they have ben there over a year without doing any harm My question is this how d I fix this without reformatting and reinstalling since she doesnt have a windows disk the os was preinstalled on her machine any ideas anyone please help her

A:recurring unusual problem

Do a System Restore to a time before this happened.
Then go HERE and follow the directions.
When all is said and done, and you are declared clean by an expert(you will know what I mean when you read the above link) download and install Service Pack 2, then get all Critical Windows Updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recurring-unusual-problem-94172.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I double click on a folder on the desktop, it immediately initiates a dialogue box for Windows installer and then tries to install (unsuccessfully) Acrobat 7.
The only way that I can find to eliminate this process, is to click on the cancel button, which must be done three times to halt the process.
Can anyone throw some light on tis issue? Your help would be appreciated.

A:Unusual Desktop problem in Win XP

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download download and run full scan install the free version buy unchecking the tick at the end of the installation process.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unusual-desktop-problem-in-win-xp-765426.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Unusual Windows 7 PC Problem, Please Help!

I woke up and my computer had restarted itself. When I logged back on I had a ton of problems. I took some screen shots to help explain whats going on.

Unknown Extra Space not displayed on my monitor:
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii52?

Problems with Task Bar's previews:

Window Snap Not working:

system restore error: (I did disable all antivirus programs and tried different rollback points)

I'm very tech savvy, but cannot figure this one out.
I also have the ability to use the window key + arrow key combo to snap the the left, but there is still that weird empty space there.

Please help.

A:Unusual Windows 7 PC Problem, Please Help!

Hi WasteofADrumBum and welcome to Seven Forums.

I had that issue with my own pc with the restore. Try going into safe mode to do the system restore. Here is how to get to safe mode: Advanced Boot Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286159-unusual-windows-7-pc-problem-please-help.html
Relevancy 46.01%

This is driving me crazy. I am using speedtest.net to check my download speeds. When I'm connected wirelessly, for the past 2 days my download speed has been around 0.28 mbps. Connected to the modem via ethernet, they are normal - in the 20mbps range. Here's where it gets tricky:
My roommate isn't having the same problem (so it's not the router)
When I'm connected to my college's wireless network, my download speeds are in the 40mbps range (so it's not my computer)
My upload speed is where it should be - around 5mbps

Things I've tried

updating drivers
replacing router

My computer is a Lenovo X220 and I'm using Windows 7 Pro.

PLEASE HELP!

Relevancy 46.01%

Dear Geniuses,I am using Wimax Broadband and from last few days I am facing an unusual problem. Few minutes after turning the Wimax Modem On, I was unable to Access the CPE locally, although the ping was perfect and also internet works fine.. Is this problem by any means related to DNS? Bcz my ISP's DNS was down few days back... Currently Wimax CPE receive My ISP DNS as a primary DNS and Google DNS as a Secondary DNS.... Some of my friends are also using the same services and they are facing the same issue too... I have a Networking background so I just want to probe the problem...What could be the reason behind the inaccessibility of the CPE local access? Any help and guidance will be highly appreciable.__Thanks__ 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538944/unusual-problem-in-the-wimax-cpe/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello friends Since the last few days I am facing a rather unusual problem with my monitor Every time I switch off my monitor to save some power I am unable to get the display back when I switch it back on On switching it on the light keep blinking but the display is not restored even after pressing keys from the keyboard and of the mouse The same thing happens when my OS turns off the display after a predefined time in power options To get the display back with problem my monitor... Unusual I have no other option Unusual problem with my monitor... but to restart my PC by Unusual problem with my monitor... pressing the reset button on my CPU Just to check I disabled the quot turn off display quot in power options and kept my monitor on for hrs and there was no problem Again I switched off my monitor for - minutes and again there was no problem when I switched it on It only happens if the monitor is switched off for a little longer I am on a Win Ultimate bit OS nVidia Gforce GT Viewsonic VX quot monitor Cordless keyboard Mouse combo via USB I had a x GB Kingston memory installed and recently I added another single GB Kingston stick to my system Now is this a hardware problem or is it some thing to do with memory drivers or some other fault in my OS Please help nbsp

A:Unusual problem with my monitor...

Cant any1 help me out of this problem...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-problem-with-my-monitor.940267/
Relevancy 46.01%

Alright so i just recovered from some bad trojans and my computer is back up and running to its usual self, but i was unable to manage to fix one of the problems. I am not able to see standard windows in full. I took a screen shot for an example:

The picture on the left is how the window looks for a split second, and then turns into the picture on the right. This was also happening to my desktop but i managed to fix that myself. Here is the screen shot.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1825/desktopli0.png

any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Very Unusual Problem, has never happened to me need help!

*cough* bump (._.')

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/very-unusual-problem-has-never-happened-to-me-need-help-244080.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using a different computer than the one with the problem but am co-located with it I started problem Unusual Malware have the Google Redirect problem so I got suspicious I went to do an update to McAfee and got the quot IE cannot open webpage quot message problem In working with McAfee tech support nothing worked and they could not fix the problem Eventually Unusual Malware problem uninstalled McAfee and was able to download and install a quot Trial quot version from CNET Ran a scan and found no problems but still couldn t get to the McAfee site After restarting began to get the quot DCOM server process launcher service terminated quot problem with the shutdown timer Unusual Malware problem Else where on the site I did the quot shutdown -a quot to get enough time to solve the issue Also opened quot services quot and disabled the DCOM startup and at the Recovery Tab changed all of the failure selections to quot Take no Action quot Continued Unusual Malware problem Malware section to try to fix the Redirect problem and every anti virus site I went to I got the IE cannot open webpage message I managed to quot fool quot the Malware into letting me get to the Techguy site But every attempt to download files such as HJT from the TrendMicro site results in the IE message and then after - minutes I get the quot IE has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown quot followed by a IE closing Any assistance would be greatly appreciated eMaching T Gb ram using XP Home edition SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-malware-problem.1005422/
Relevancy 46.01%

I ve run across an unusual to me boot problem and it is frustrating You d think after more than years of working with and building my own computers I d Unusual XP Boot Problem (to me) have seen just about everything but this is a new one for me I m running XP with SP installed I won t install SP because I ve seen it cause too much trouble on other systems Unusual (to me) XP Boot Problem and won t subject mine or myself to that mess I m not a big Windows fan and each new version leaves me less of a fan I learned computers on a CPM system then promptly fell in love with DOS and still prefer it Oh well I developed a freeze problem about a week ago When it continued on a daily basis I started uninstalling software starting with the most-recently installed The freeze problem worsened Eventually the system would begin to load XP but in the process of loading my desktop items it would reboot Got caught in a vicious reboot cycle for a bit Wouldn t even stabilize long enough for me to disable my desktop items and wouldn t allow me to boot to Safe Mode Eventually chkdsk would run on startup through steps and Step would show quot unspecified error quot and XP would boot Unsuccessfully Finally when I turned it on after giving it and myself a day s rest I simply got a black screen for several minutes before the quot boot to Safe Mode quot menu appeared The system at this point was not even showing the POST screen The monitor appears to NOT be receiving a signal until the Safe Mode menu appears When the Safe Mode menu appears there is a timer for booting normally on the bottom which is not running It simply shows quot quot The system will not respond to keyboard input to allow me to boot to Safe Mode or anything else I have a USB PS cordless keyboard which I have set up as PS since USB won t work in Safe Mode I tried a quot tethered quot PS keyboard but still got no response I ve tried booting from the XP CD to access Repair Console but it won t even do that I don t remember if my BIOS is set up to allow booting from CD but I can t access the BIOS to find out I m hoping this isn t a hardware problem but if it is can someone recommend good data recovery software if it is a drive problem I have HDDs in my system totaling GB The boot drive contains important data My other drives are nearly full at this time I really don t want to reinstall XP After a reinstall it takes me weeks of hour days to reinstall my software At any given time I have in excess of million files on my system Any suggestions would be appreciated I ve borrowed a friend s CPU to allow me to get online and hopefully find a solution I m an old woman My nerves don t handle this type of frustration as well as they did decades ago Thanks nbsp

A:Unusual (to me) XP Boot Problem

haha. i dont think any age or gender person can handle the stress of potentially loosing important data !!
this does sound unusual but then again i have only been working and building computers for 7years. The first thing that comes to mind would be for you to reset your CMOS and see if u get a boot screen and then get yourself into Bios. do u know how to reset the CMOS ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-to-me-xp-boot-problem.854236/
Relevancy 46.01%

Win XP (SP 3)

Used Word 2003 to create documents which included text and images (mostly jpg) copied and pasted.

Later, edited and removed the files.

However, the Clipboard is retaining a list of *.CLP files. Repeat, the images and texts do not appear but only a list that displays titles that were created when I worked on the document. Examples of a few:

C:\Documents and Settings\musafir\Desktop\Rana's Docs\Chrome probelm.CLP
C:\Documents and Settings\musafir\Desktop\Rana's Docs\1x1.clp
C:\Documents and Settings\musafir\Desktop\Experiment.CLP
C:\Documents and Settings\musafir\Desktop\mashi.CLP
This is an annoyance but does not affect functionality of my pc. Went to Microsoft support forum and followed instructions to try various clipboard programs. Nothing worked. The Office 2003 clipboard is "empty".
Shall be grateful for a fix. Thank you.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I'll keep problem unusual startup it simple cause this has been going on for a while I have programs- is anti spyware and is a desktop video player which are meant to load on startup and place a icon in the system tray but dont They used to Antispyware spinach is active in the background but all options for both are accessed through the system tray icons and without them no manual options are available Through my attempts to recify I have found that both programs will load and run properly in safe mode and both programs will load unusual startup problem and run properly if I start the pc - log off and log on again Tech support for both have tried to help but so far no joy Straight startup sees both system tray icons missing and desktop icons unresponsive I am running XP home with service pack have tried un re installing both have latest versions of both programs and regularly run updates on everything -software and hardware - not sure exactly when problem started Does anyone have any thoughts about what might be behind this delema -all help would be appreciated

A:unusual startup problem

The fact that your problem disappears if you log off and then logon again makes me say try this.

click on Start
click on Run
type: control userpasswords2
click OK
check the box Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
click OK
This method will often solve the problem. or at least make the problem of missing Taskbar icons occur much less often, but it's a nuisance if you're in the habit of just turning the computer on and walking away while it gets on with all its startup tasks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unusual-startup-problem-313768.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I have a problem what makes me flip my table so i would be really happy if you could help Before i moved i had no problems playing online games but now i have a terrible problem with my internet when i try to play online games From the beginning i thoth it was the games fault bf but then i tried to play LoL ns and i had the same internet problem The interesting thing is that my friend who uses the same wifi in the same room has zero problems playing online games his ping is normal and he doesn t lag I was thinking he was stealing wifi from me because he had a better laptop but even if he turns his pc off it does not help me Games are still impossible to play My wifi strength down Mbps up Mbps virgin media I can watch hd videos on youtube with ease and have no problems downloading other files My pc specs CPU Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz RAM Video card GeForce GT MX and i guess this is internet Unusual problem. what captures my wifi Wireless-N Ive tryed changing locations do some stuff in router settings and many other things what i saw on internet but nothing helped I would appreciate any help nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I'm using a Logitech MX 600 wireless mouse. The problem is that the mouse no longer responds to the surface on which it's placed. I use the wooden surface of the desk and not a mouse pad. With a laser mouse that should be sufficient. However, after moving the mouse in the same area for a period of time, it no longer works in that area. The cursor moves jerkily, if at all, and the mouse buttons no longer perform their tasks. Ordinarily, I would use a different area, but I've run out of spaces.

I have tried washing the surface with dish soap and water, thinking some fim may have developed, but it makes no difference. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'm stumped.

JP

A:Unusual mouse problem

Optical mice don't like shiny surfaces; cleaning the surface probably made the situation worse. A gray piece of cardboard such as that used at the back of most pads of paper is an ideal surface for optical devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unusual-mouse-problem.878698/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi After replacing my old problem Unusual Boot-Up Motherboard CPU Ram Case and Power Supply with - GIgabyte INXP Motherboard Intel Pentium Ghz Generic Case A W Power supply i dunno the make i bought it at a Computer Fair supposedly quot Good as Gold Mate quot I found that when i switch Unusual Boot-Up problem the computer on all the lights come on the case fans start whirring etc then it does one of several things seems totally random - gt Nothing happens Screen stays blank No Start Up Beep gt Bios starts up then hangs after identifing the CPU gt Bios starts up then hangs when looking for the Hard Drives and CD-Writers etc it finds some not others gt Bios starts up after - seconds looking for Drives etc it continues to load Windows and everythings fine gt Everythings loads normally After tearing my hair out and half the Computer i thought it was probably the Power Supply So i bought myself an ANTEC True Power W Admittedly it has helped a little now i only have a problem about of the time instead of I have also flashed the Bios to the latest version as there was some problem with the Dual-phase Power System Daughterboard on earlier Bios versions but that hasnt helped Im lost as to what it might be but im edging towards its something to do with the power supply getting through as the newer Power Supply did seem to help a bit Any clues for the clueless nbsp

A:Unusual Boot-Up problem

Anyone??? Please???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unusual-boot-up-problem.8725/
Relevancy 46.01%

Yo dawgz Recently quite the frustrating and annoying problem has arisen with what I assume to be my internet See what happens is for no apparent reason whatsoever my Internet connection will enter a state where it is both quot on and off quot at the same time - I do not know how else to describe it I can still access and successfully perform tasks with pretty much any program or software that requires an Internet connection such as talk to friends on Steam but when trying to load a page using any web browser at all it hangs at an indefinite quot Connecting quot phase The only way to fix the problem is via restarting the computer completely and after which loading Internet Unusual Problem pages will work without a hitch until eventually the problem returns again and another reboot is required My computer is rather fast so this is not much of a problem as I can restart in about minutes - however this does not stop it from being flat out aggravating since I would have to cancel the work I was currently doing and wait I have tried to disconnect and reconnect to my internet host but this will result on one of two things The reconnection is successful but the problem persists The reconnection fails and it becomes stuck trying to reconnect goes completely unresponsive to clicking on the Network button and requires a - you guessed it - Unusual Internet Problem reboot to fix Any help with this problem would be appreciated -Signed Batmann CEO of Mann Co

A:Unusual Internet Problem

moved to networking

try a tcp/ip reset -see below

it maybe a DNS issue
can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests
would you post the following tests when the everything is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet browser disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the c... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/unusual-internet-problem-673267.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm just working on a friends computer and the thing is sometimes it'll boot up fine other times it won't and the only way i can get it to boot again is by taking out the power lead from the psu and putting itback in again. any ideas guys? Max.