Windows Support Forum

Black screen after windows start up doesn't go to login screen

Q: Black screen after windows start up doesn't go to login screen

Hi I would really appreciate any advice i've been trying to fix for four hours without any luck.

I have an Acer aspire 5732Z. I turn my laptop on and it shows the starting windows screen then just goes to a black screen with a cursor. I tried to do systems restore but it said that i did not have a system restore point. I cannot start in any safe mode.

I have all my pictures, uni work etc and im terrified i've lost it all. I've only had the laptop a year.

Any suggestion would be amazing

Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black screen after windows start up doesn't go to login screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black screen after windows start up doesn't go to login screen

Hello seven11 and welcome to SevenForums!

I think this article will be fairly interesting to read.

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Carry on.
Frederik

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196945-black-screen-after-windows-start-up-doesnt-go-login-screen.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Background A start won't black up, before login screen Vista screen. week ago on vacation I opened my HP Pavilion dv - cl a laptop Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen. running Vista Home Premium SP and suddenly green and black lines began forming Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen. across its screen I was later told this was a pressure crack although that is not what I m posting about Freaked out that day I turned the computer off and on several times using only the power button once foolishly interrupting a quot Startup Repair quot process Problem When I got home I hooked up the laptop to my TV so I could see what was going on After attempting to turn it on many times I eventually got the BSOD with a STOP x c f error I couldn t access the Recovery Module even to backup or Safe Mode Going into personally uncharted territory I booted from a Linux System Rescue CD to delete the TxfLog file that was apparently the cause of the problem I no longer get the BSOD I get a black screen KSOD sometimes w mouse sometimes w o after the quot yellow bar quot loading screen I still can t get into Safe Mode but I was able to use a Vista repair CD I downloaded to finally backup onto an external hard drive What I ve Done So Far I ve run chkdsk checked the memory and hard disk from BIOS options and run Startup repair I did the kind of Windows backup where everything goes to one file I d prefer not to start from scratch if I can avoid it Thanks so much for any and all help guys I appreciate it a lot Charlie

A:Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen.

I couldn't access the Recovery Module...Do you have a Recovery CD, Windows Vista CD, or Recovery Drive (partition)?What happened when you tried to access it?------------------------------------------------------------You said that you were able to backup onto an external harddrive, so important data is safe.The best option right now would probably be to re-format.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413304/vista-wont-start-up-black-screen-before-login-screen/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hey need some help yet again Yesterday I downloaded Mission Against Terror New MMOFPS and I downloaded it Upon updating with the patcher my laptop went haywire It started opening up random IE windows slow speed etc etc I did a whole memory scan and a malware adware spyware scan There were several viruses and whatnot but Login screen and BEFORE Screen 7 Windows Black logo/loading! AFTER what is important are the files SVC exe and exe you'll find it why later on The anti-virus said that it had fixed deleted everything So I restarted my laptop hoping that I'd get it up and running in safe mode for any further scans Unfortunately when I restarted it after the windows loading screen which is right before login screen a black screen appeared With nothing at all Not even a cursor BLACK JUST BLACK with NO keyboard access mouse access But that's expected since it's BEFORE the login screen It's the same with normal boot boot that does that quot last best used option quot or whatever safe mode with networking etc etc All the same Black screen Good thing I had Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading! WIN XP on my other hard drive So I booted up into WIN XP where I'm posting this from and did a FULL NOT QUICK system scan to find the SAME Viruses YET AGAIN SVC exe and exe along with some other minor tracking cookies and what-not Win XP on second drive is also having a few problems like IE shutting down every second using firefox now Think this is a whole system prob But why Didn't the antivirus-es fix it I say quot es quot because I used SuperAntiSpyware Norton NOD Malware Bytes and AVG I've tried the system recovery thing F thing on boot screen NOT ON LOGIN SCREEN Remember I can't reach that but that doesn't work either So any suggestions Btw The windows PRO bit that's corrupted not starting is on C and Win XP is on D Attached is a log of my most recent scans Thanks in advance

A:Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading!

Hi your problem can best be addressed in the security section of the forum
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-before-login-screen-and-after-windows-7-logo-loading-516244.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello I ll go ahead and start from the very beginning Thanks in advance though for taking a look at my problem About a month ago my computer would give me a few problems while booting screen before Cant black Windows login boot, Solved: screen up I would start the computer it would run through BIOS run through the Windows loading screen and after that it would run the CHKDSK to make sure my disks are fine CHKDSK doesn t work it just freezes right before checking the disks so I restart and generally it will boot up Most of the time it would boot up perfectly but rarely would it go to the xp loading screen and then flicker as if it as Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen going to go to the windows login screen but wouldn t The screen would just stay black and I d have to restart Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen Next time generally it would work perfect So this brings me to the current day After the Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen windows xp loading screen it goes black The computer is on but I don t see any activity for the HDD via the LED SO i go into safe mode i finally get CHKDSK to run I had to really mess with some stuff to get that working Windows says the volume is fine and the only way I can boot my PC is in safe mode but even that will freeze sometimes while loading some of the files Just to let you know I m running Raid and this is my first time running it I m not sure if this symptom is a common problem if one of the disks are going out Does anyone know whats going on Could it be a virus that messed with a boot ini or any startup stuff also is there anyway to remove problems within safe mode I tried removing anti-virus program thinking it might help but wont allow me nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

I have an Acer desktop with Vista bit Home Premium edition with Service Pack loaded on it My computer was working fine yesterday afternoon at least it appeared safe doesn't no screen login; =( mode; on work Black restore system to be but when I tried to boot my computer up last night I could not get my desktop to load Windows seems to boot up as I can get to the screen with the user names to login No matter which user I select however the screen just goes black with only the cursor showing I have tried booting from the last good boot point from the F menu but the same problem persists I have tried booting in safe mode but the screen shows Black screen on login; no safe mode; system restore doesn't work =( up all black once again except for the four Safe Mode texts in the four corners and the text Microsoft R Windows R Build Service Pack at the center top of the screen The Repair Your Black screen on login; no safe mode; system restore doesn't work =( Computer option from the F menu at startup is about the only thing I have been able to get open on the computer thus far Startup repair can t find anything wrong with the computer When I try to do System Restore I get the error x B so it can t rollback to my restore points I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it didn t seem to find any errors although I couldn t view the whole report when it restarted because the screen once again went completely black except for Black screen on login; no safe mode; system restore doesn't work =( the mouse cursor when it restarted I am at wits end and have no idea what to do to try to get my computer to start Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as this is my computer not only with my personal files but with all my engineering software and school work saved on the harddrive Thank you nbsp

A:Black screen on login; no safe mode; system restore doesn't work =(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-login-no-safe-mode-system-restore-doesnt-work.978053/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello friends, I recently got the Gnome desktop environment on the Ubuntu Software Center, and I used the gdm and startx command as said by another forum site. Nothing wrong, they said to logout, tried to login again, goes to a black screen and sends me back to the Ubuntu login screen. Tried again, same result, panicked. Looked up video tutorial on how to fix it, they said to access the control panel via ctrl-alt-f1 or f2, went to a black screen, no text at all, computer runs fine, no crashing. Is there a special way to access the terminal in a System76 computer, I really don't know very confusing? Is there a way to login with the guest session? I use Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf on my laptop. What causes this, I read on Ubuntu forums it's driver issues with Ubuntu and Nvidia, but I have my suspections with the Gnome desktop environment.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/ubuntu-login-black-screen-then-login-screen-loop-for-a-system76-oryx-pro-laptop.55688/
Relevancy 93.74%

So I've hit this issue where I am welcomed with a black screen which is supposed to be my login screen It boots up but what would look like the login screen is simply black When moving the mouse the cursor would emerge whilst changing from pointing to loading cursor animations The wifi icon from the lock screen seems to flicker sometimes but that's pretty much it nothing could be done from my end I've tried resetting restoring from the advanced boot options triggered by constantly interrupting the bootup process but it's telling me it cannot be login Black Windows to prior screen 8.1 screen done since the location of the OS is not quot unlocked quot Safe mode with networking command prompt gives me the same result Unfortunately I do not have a system restore point nor a system image to use The command Windows 8.1 Black screen prior to login screen prompt from within the repair does not let me use sfc scannow too Brief history of what happened beforehand I installed the Uxtheme patcher to enable third-party themes then before rebooting installed an application called StartIsBack After rebooting it seemed fine and I changed my mind and decided to uninstall StartIsBack It turns out the aforementioned program brings a cavalry of bloatware before you could uninstall it After I got rid of the extra software it came with I proceeded to delete each part of StartIsBack from its respective directories but it wouldn't let me delete its core StartIsBack dll because it is running in the background There is no sign of it as well within the task manager So I had to boot to Safe mode to manually delete it and finally getting rid of it After rebooting normally the explorer exe didn't open upon start-up Opening it manually by launching it from the Task Manager doesn't work either so I decided to try and use SFC scannow to try and fix the problem It reported that it wasn't not able to fix some of the errors found and changes will take place after the next reboot After rebooting I am greeted with the black screen issue tl dr is there a possible solution to this without having to format my os partition and or installing a new one If I really have to is it possible to just delete C and perhaps install Windows over it My media files are in D

A:Windows 8.1 Black screen prior to login screen

Try this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64442-windows-8-1-black-screen-prior-login-screen.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello. Recently had a virus and have been going through the steps here on bleeping computer to help get rid of it. The last thing I was told to do was run the farbar scan tool and to copy and paste a code and hit fix. Upon doing so the computer prompted for a restart. It now won't get to the log in screen. I've tried booting in safe mode and I've also tried last known working configuration as suggested and nothing has worked unfortunately. I was told to come here. Hopefully something can be done. Thanks a ton.

A:Windows won't get to login screen, black screen and cursor

Tap F8 at boot and select Repair Computer from the Advanced Boot Options. Do a System Restore to a date just before the problem. 

You cannot do the above and if you have another Windows 7 computer create a System Repair Disk. Boot and try a System Restore to a date just before the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617825/windows-wont-get-to-login-screen-black-screen-and-cursor/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi all,

this is my very first forum post here, few people have recommended this site as a best W7 community on the internet.

I have problem with black screen(lag) between windows starting message and login screen, lag is about 10 seconds and its very annoying, here is the video so you can see the problem:

maybe this is normal? i have this install almost two years, i dont have to much programs, and i disabled almost all useless startup programs. I tried also disabling bootscan in my NOD32 antivirus but nothing changed.

Is there any solution for this? and can i post to you some logs or something?

Best regards

A:Black screen between Windows starting and login screen

It is Dell's factory install? Usually it is bloated up with some services and programs those are not needed. So you need to clean them up. Follow this guide:
Clean Up Factory Bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289689-black-screen-between-windows-starting-login-screen.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I'm having a weird problem. My laptop will show a black screen when booting. It seems no matter how long I wait, nothing happens. When I attach an external LCD to the laptop, it shows the Windows load or Windows resume graphics on the external monitor, but not on my laptop screen. As soon as the Desktop Screen with the Windows Login appears, it then appears on my laptop as well.

I also can't seem to get to safe mode. I push f8 and it never comes up I haven't installed any new software or hardware to cause this.
Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-is-black-until-windows-login-screen.560673/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi everybody I'm kinda desperate with that problem i hope you can help me I installed Win Pro everything fine i installed some programs and the latest drivers from Nvidia i ran windows update so i rebooted bios screen was right and then it appeared the win screen with the window and the circle looping and right after that login GTX Pro screen 550 Black in Windows Screen 8 32. while i had to be in the login screen i just get a black but stuttering screen where i only can see the mouse pointer I restart in safe mode uninstall the Ti then i can reboot whithout problem Win detects the card and autoinstall the latest drivers and eveything is fine again and i'm able to play whatever i want until i have to reboot or shutdown again I need to uninstall the card from the device manager everytime i reboot if i want to have the chance of login again Apart from this everything runs fine So it Black Screen in login screen Windows 8 Pro 32. GTX 550 looks like the card works right but there is a problem with the quot welcome quot and login screen It's weird and frustrating and i would appreciate any help

A:Black Screen in login screen Windows 8 Pro 32. GTX 550

The BIOS on your system dates from 2007. I'd have to wonder if this system is compatible with Windows 8

Many of your storage controller drivers date from 2008 and earlier - I'd have to wonder about those that are involved in any crashes, but there are no memory dump files to examine.

Lot's of errors about services not starting and Windows Updates not installing - but I don't speak Spanish so I can't be sure about the details. I must ask if this is a legal copy of Windows - as illegal copies have many of these same symptoms - and fixing them isn't something that we can do here.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/16362-black-screen-login-screen-windows-8-pro-32-gtx-550-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi guys i need help immediately if you can i summarize here what s happened yesterday my computer got infected by a fake antivirus avira has been closed and internet explorer didn t connect any more so i used Combofix but when the pc restarted windows gave me the error isapnp sys missing or damaged i extracted this file form XP cd and put it in the right place and now the error is gone but there-s only a blackscreen after the bios and bootloader same for the safe mode it loads some files and then gets stuck and black tried a lot of things fixboot fixmbr system restore offline repaired windows installation tried to restore manually the registry chkdsk r tried to see if there were kb files in system drivers but there weren t on the web some people solved deleting fake sys drivers with puppylinux start! a at XP black screen doesn't stuck live cd i can see everything and access the files so i don-t think it-s hardware related problem i don-t now what to do more could it be a strong virus in mbr but with fixmbr it should have been fixed shouldn-t it please help give me hints i don-t want to backup everything and format EDIT i ll post in security zone please delete this sorry

A:XP doesn't start! stuck at a black screen

How did you try to repair the MBR? Did you us the installation CD to use the Recovery Console?Regarding Combofix. ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346016/xp-doesnt-start-stuck-at-a-black-screen/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello everybody,My PC doesn't start anymore since this morning. This is a 9 year old PC that I use almost everyday as a multimedia center. 2 years ago, I switched to Linux Mint 17 64 bits and I put a SSD 256Go. The PC worked very well, very fast since then.Now, when I start the PC, I hear some noises from the CD drive, and 2 short beeps repeatedly.I tried with an other screen. I vacuum the dust under the keyboard, and in the fan. I also tried to remove 1 of the RAM, and start. Then the other RAM and start. But nothing changed.I cannot access the BIOS. I hope I provided enough details.Thank you in advance for your support.Benoit

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/PC-doesn-t-start-anymore-black-screen/td-p/5780546
Relevancy 90.73%

I posted this on the malware thread too but I m not sure if it goes there or here My husband screen w/ except start Login arrow mode safe is and Black Help! white can't got HDD Control malware on his computer XP SP this morning and has spent all day trying to get it off He used a suggestion in the forum of trying Superantispywear and it seemed to work However after about min of being able to use his computer again it started to randomly play bits of audio again but he did have control of the computer again That wasn t OK He updated the SuperAntispyware and tried to scan again He was skype chatting to friends during the scan and he decided to close some windows The computer Help! Login screen is Black w/ white arrow and can't start except safe mode slowed to Help! Login screen is Black w/ white arrow and can't start except safe mode a crawl and he had to restart Well we did various things to try and get it started safe mode etc but the main problem now is that he can t get past the login screen It s black w the white arrow That s it Nothing else He can get it to boot in save mode but that s about it He doesn t have a Windows CD his computer didn t come w it so he can t use window s application any help is desperately needed Thanks Kara nbsp

A:Help! Login screen is Black w/ white arrow and can't start except safe mode

Hi Kara,

I got this trojan today too, and it took me all evening to fix.

First I tried Avast but I got part way into its scan twice and my computer shut down. For a while it wouldn't let me do anything, not even open Chrome to go online, but after another shut down and restart, it allowed me to open Chrome. This time I did not touch or try to shut the fake warning pop up.

I went to Microsoft.com and downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials (free) and scanned my computer. It took a long time but it found the trojan and then deleted it. After restarting, everything seems back to normal, I just had to delete the HDD Control desktop icon.

Maybe if you keep rebooting it will eventually restart so that you can do something. Otherwise, I'd take it to a repair place and see if they can get it to restart for you and then use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-login-screen-is-black-w-white-arrow-and-cant-start-except-safe-mode.964415/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi guys i need help immediately if you after stuck infection! doesn't at start screen black virus XP can i summarize here what s happened yesterday my computer got infected by a fake antivirus avira has been closed and internet explorer didn t connect any more so i used Combofix but when the pc restarted windows gave me the error isapnp sys missing or damaged i extracted this file form XP cd and put it in the right place and now the error is gone but there-s only a blackscreen after XP doesn't start after virus infection! stuck at black screen the bios and bootloader same for the safe mode it loads some files and then gets stuck and black tried a lot of things wacko gif fixboot fixmbr system restore offline repaired windows installation tried to restore manually the registry chkdsk r tried to see if there were kb files in system drivers but there weren t on the web some people solved deleting fake sys drivers with puppylinux live cd i can see everything and access the files so i don-t think it-s hardware related problem i don-t know what to do more could it be a strong virus in mbr but with fixmbr it should have been fixed shouldn-t it please help give me hints i don-t want to backup everything and format

A:XP doesn't start after virus infection! stuck at black screen

Hello and sorry for the delay.

Let's try to boot your computer using a Boot CD.

Please print this guide for future reference!

You will need a blank CD, your Windows XP install disc, a clean computer and a flash drive.

Please follow the steps below and let me know if you were successful. Please tell me what error messages you got and/or what steps you got hung up on.

1. Download the PE Builder to your desktop

http://www.nu2.nu/download.php?sFile=pebuilder3110a.exeDouble-Click on the PE Builder that you just downloaded to your desktop.Follow all of the instructions/prompts that come up.2. Insert your XP CD with SP1/SP2/SP3 into a CD Rom driveDouble-Click on PE Builder.exe located on your desktop.Click NO to Search for Windows Installation FilesMake the following selections from the Main Screen that pops up:BuilderSource:(path to Windows installation files)[list]Enter the path to the drive where your XP CD is located.You can click on the "..." button on the right to navigate to the path as well.Custom: (include files and folders from this directory)No information is necessary, leave blank.Output:Keep the defaultMedia outputChoose Create ISO imageDo not choose Burn to CD/DVDDownload the RunScanner plugin and save it to your desktop
http://www.paraglidernc.com/Files/RunScanner10025.cab

Please note: You will be prompted for the folder that it shall be saved. By default it appears as runscanner10025. It should be modified to just runscanner <--- Important!!!

Press the Plugin button on the PE Builder interfacePress the Add button and navigate to the location of the RunScanner plugin to installPlease note: If you are using a Windows XP disc with sp2 then highlight RpsSS needs to launch DComLaunch and then press EnableWhen your done press Close and the PE Builder interface will re-appear3. Click on the "Build" buttonYou will see the Windows EULA message. Click on I AgreeYou will now see the Build Screen. Let it run it's courseWhen the Build is finished you can click close, then exit4. Burn your ISO file to CDPlease see http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm on how to burn an ISO to CD.==========

Next........

From your clean computer..

Please download OTLPE.zip and save it to a flash drive.
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTLPE.zip
http://www.itxassociates.com/OT-Tools/OTLPE.zip

Double click and unzip OTLPE.zip to its own folder on your flash drive. Name it OTLPE <-- Important!!

==========

Plug your flash drive into your sick computer now and do as instructed below..

==========

1. Restart Your sick Computer Using the PE Builder ISO CD That You Have CreatedInsert the CD in to one of your CD/DVD drives.Restart your computer.The computer should choose to boot from the CD automatically. If it doesn't and you are asked if you want to boot from CD, then choose that option.Once the desktop appears, you will receive a message asking: Do you want to start Network support?Click on NoAfter it loads press the Go button in the lower left and do this....Go System DisplayScreen Resolution1024x768Next choose....Go ProgramsA43 File Management Utility
==========

In A43File Management you should see your flash drive
Navigate to the OTLPE folder that you saved to your flash drive.

Open the OTLPE folder and double click Start.bat.
When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select YesEnsure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OKOTLPE should now start

Change the following settingsChange Services, Drivers, Standard and Extra Registry to AllUncheck LOP and Purity check
Please note: Stay with your computer during the course of the scan. If "Entry Point Errors" are encountered simply press "ok" and allow the program to continue. <-- Important!!
Push A report will open named "OTL.tx"t and another will be minimized to the system tray named "E... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346027/xp-doesnt-start-after-virus-infection-stuck-at-black-screen/
Relevancy 88.15%

A friend of mine asked me to look at his old XP machine because it simply will not fully startup. It does make it through the initial boot routine and the "Windows XP" splash screen appears but, shortly after that, the screen goes black. All you can see is a black screen with a white cursor in the middle of it. The system does not respond to mouse or keyboard input.

I used a Hiren's Boot CD boot disk to look around his system. He has about 40% free space left on the hard drive which seems to function correctly. I am presently running a virus scan (via the Hiren's Boot CD).

I've never seen an XP machine do this so I'm not sure what is going on. I believe he is running SP3 but I'm not certain of this because I can get it fully loaded to check.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows XP Will Not Start - XP Spash Screen Then Black Screen

Can you boot into SAFE mode? If you can, try updating the video driver for starters.

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-will-not-start-xp-spash-screen-then-black-screen-532382.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi Everyone As the title says about i have a Dell Vostro and im running Windows with a bit It is only years only It started about a month ago I was on my laptop viewing and Black screen. Vostro login screen Dell reach Wont 1520. deleting some unwanted photos i had A few minutes later Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen i realized that i deleted a photo that i wanted So i went to the recycling bin and restored that photo When i went back to my photos and went into the album it said something like i do no have permission to access this folder Please press continue to get full permission I clicked continue and i got the access i should have Now i tried many more random folders and the same Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen thing happened Also when i came Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen out of the folders the folders had a big pad lock sign on the front of it After that i shut down the laptop and went to turn it back on The laptop will power on like normal I can press f for the boot options which i have already tried many times I also tried it in safe mode and what-not but still nothing I can hear the fan and stuff spinning up like normal I have also put and CD into the CD ROM and that spins up fine So after the Dell logo on the screen it goes black and stays that way with the cursor You can move the cursor around no problem I should also add that the battery light is and has been flashing for a good wile Its flashing orange and blue I m wondering if this has anything to do with the battery Because my laptop will not charge with the AC adapter in it for many months now It will only stay powered on with the AC adapter plugged in One more thing The LED lights over the buttons None of the are flashing besides one on the far left And i cant find out anywhere what this LED light stands for It looks like a battery to me Any advice would be so great The way it is now i don t care about the laptop I really want to hope i can save my pictures and videos i have on there nbsp

A:Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Since its a laptop the harddrive is easy to pull out and remove.If you have or can get a usb sata/ide connector hook the drive to that and then to another computer if you have one so you can save all of your important data like pix, music, etc.The laptop battery is going to have to be replaced since its no longer charging properly.It sounds like there might be a short somewhere or a power supply problem along with a bad battery.Or possibly something might be wrong with the screen or video or graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-black-screen-wont-reach-login-screen.1031342/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I have an office desktop pc HP COMPAQ ELITE running -bit Windows I was manually running Windows update and manually updating some of my drivers when the pc suddenly turned itself off I turned it back on and now it doesn't get to the login screen anymore It just displays screen mouse movable cursor with Black appears screen login before a Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears black screen with a movable mouse cursor although I can't really click anything or even press any keys on the keyboard I tried loading into the recovery environment but it only gives me the option to restore my hard drive to factory settings which I don't want since I have lots of important files in it I've searched around the forums but I can't find a problem that is EXACTLY like mine By the way my pc is on a dual boot mode with an Ubuntu and that is how I'm able to access this forum right now The dual boot was set-up by the employee that I replaced so I have no idea how this is set-up Any help would be appreciated -Ron

A:Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears

Firstly, boot into the Linux operating system, and then create a backup of all important files and data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300316-black-screen-movable-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen-appears.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey everyone I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while or has been in the past Was upgrading to windows I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck around It then got through that and began the installation process with the big circle and rebooting process However around when I last looked at it it was just black screen this stayed this way for about - hours I then decided to reboot the pc and it has now booted to the login screen Is this a known (no screen just Black Screen to blank) but cursor of Doom Booted login bug or could there be a possible issue The problem seems a bit different Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) as some people I saw have had to fall back on PC restore points etc So not sure if it installed or what could be the problem Also side note I upgraded my pc when windows first publically released but rolled back because I had about min shutdown times So not sure what is Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) going on and any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

I never had a problem upgrading like you've experienced but I experiencing Windows 10 upgrading process is the longest time taken ever compared to previous versions. It took me 1 hour+ to finished.

Play around a little bit to get used to it then did a clean install. No problem arise, seems working fine.

The point is, problems always happen after upgrading, to solve it just perform installation from scratch (clean install).

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37857-black-screen-doom-but-booted-login-screen-no-cursor-just-blank.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I posted here a few days ago http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html I re-installed Windows and one before Login Black Windows Screen by one re-installed things with a restart between each successful install It turns out my video card driver is causing the issues I have an ATI Radeon graphics card installed in PCIe I used Driver Genious to get my driver and then I couldn t reboot same black screen problem System Restore got me going again I then went to ATI s site and tried their auto-detect tool to grab the driver restarted and black screen System Restore I went back to ATI two times once to manually get the driver and Black Screen before Windows Login once for a beta with the same black screen results What can I do I was going to try to flash my Video Card BIOS and see if that helped but I couldn t find the correct BIOS file Any other ideas A little extra info I have had this video card for about months and this is the first problem I ve had I bought it when my onboard graphics card managed to get cooked the rest of my motherboard is fine I am still using the Radeon now but dxdiag tool says quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot instead of the proper name it used to have I am not using VGA I m plugged in to HDMI My PC is OS Windows x CPU AMD Phenom Quad Core mHz RAM GB Graphics ATI Radeon MB Asus M A Pro

A:Black Screen before Windows Login

Just a suggestion, have you tried going to the computer manufacture web site and looking for the driver for you specific computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466944/black-screen-before-windows-login/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I have an HP G laptop that has Windows Home Premium OA Since March it's showing me the black screen right after 7 Screen login in Windows Black after I login Only the cursor is there and it's movable It all started when I installed the Win Service Pack on March Before that I would get a message that Scan Check Disc couldn't be opened because of some recent update but it would go on without any issues I thought Black Screen after login in Windows 7 that updating it again would fix that problem It just game me more I tried the System restore via the command line but failed It said that my Anti Virus Avast Free was running I have uninstalled the AV and that didn't do anything The oldest restore point was March It said that it failed to extract a file related to Avast I tried pulling out the Task manager be it wont open I can go into Safe Mode and I have tried Startup Repair It found nothing Black Screen after login in Windows 7 I have done chkdsk f c and sfc scannow but both didn't fix anything I need help please Thank you

A:Black Screen after login in Windows 7

In Safe Mode, try creating a new admin user account - can you then access that after a reboot?

What happens if you try a Clean boot?
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/282474-black-screen-after-login-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Upon booting my laptop and logging in, I am taken to a black screen with my cursor. After looking up solutions, I discovered that Windows 10 thinks I have multiple monitors, which I cannot have with a laptop. I have no idea what to do and need help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-black-screen-on-login.1164332/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello

New Install of OS , Only Drivers and windows updates has been installed and nothing else but i have 3 different account enabled in it but when i log off and log back in i get black Screen and stay at that

The Hard drive is SSD updated with new Firmware and Bios of Motherboard been updated to the new Firmware before OS Install

+ i made sure Video Drivers are up to date so i am not sure what is causing the black screen issue

Last time i seen this issue was on Dell Intel system but the fix was to upgrade the bios from A5 to Bios A10 or higher so i am not sure what to do on my AMD system that has up to date Bios and Video Drivers
can someone please advise on this

Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen after login ?

This is a real shot in the dark, but if you have a second video port, plug your monitor into it and try restarting again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310036-windows-7-black-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 86.43%

For some reason after I sign into my user on my desktop, A blank screen appears and nothing loads. I tried the avast configuration since I'm using avast but it didnt work. I tried scanning the system in command promp and it says one corrupt ile was repaired... What is wrong with my computer? And how will I be able to fix it since I cant even login right.

A:Windows 8 Black screen after login

When did this start (eg, right after I did what)? How is Avast tied to this issue (Avast configuration)? Uninstall Avast and retest.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28078-windows-8-black-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Ok, so my computer will boot up fine, but then it gets to the login screen, where it's completely black except for the cursor, the Restart/Shutdown button, and the Ease of Access button.

This is the same in Safe mode.

Startup repair could only be run as a standard user because for some reason, my only admin account (that I dubbed "Superuser") is missing. I only see my standard account (dubbed "Goku") and "HomeGroupUser$".

Startup repair didn't detect any problems.

What are my options?

A:Black Screen on Windows 7 Login

Hello, Try doing an offline sfc/scannow to scan for any corrupted files.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/run-sfc-offline-windows-7-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520514/black-screen-on-windows-7-login/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I am currently running 7 after Windows - black login screen into an issue with my Windows 7 - screen black after login computer and I can t seem to figure out what it is Once I login and my desktop loads everything is fine and I can go on the internet etc minutes later the screen goes black I notice my computer is way more quiet than usual This began this morning Windows 7 - screen black after login I ve concluded its not the monitor because I have a Windows 7 - screen black after login dual monitor set up and both aren t working My fans are still running etc so I m not sure if that rules out the power supply I tried to plug one of my monitors in to the on-board slot using NVIDIA GTX and that didn t work but I haven t switched the display in the BIOS yet to confirm that Ok as I m typing this I just realized the fan on the GTX isn t working Is this a sure sign that it s done for or is there still hope TLDR -Black screen mins after login both monitors -Computer unusually quiet just hum from fans -Video Card fan isn t working -Is the card done for Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 - screen black after login

Try another video card or update the video drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-screen-black-after-login.181363/
Relevancy 86.43%

windows 8 black screen after login after expanding drive and system repair

A:windows 8 black screen after login

Hi gaber When you open you login, can you press Ctrl + Alt + Del? If yes, click on Open Task Manager, then click on the File Menu and select Execute New Task. In there, enter explorer.exe and press on Enter. Is your background, desktop, etc. appearing then?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568698/windows-8-black-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 86.43%

I am suddenly getting a a black screen with a frozen curson after the windows splash screen but before logging in so I cannot get in the system I can get in thru safe mode screen login in black before windows 7 x64 so I assume something is wrong with my registry Here are the dds files DDS Ver - - - NTFS black screen before login in windows 7 x64 AMD Internet Explorer Run black screen before login in windows 7 x64 by norm at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW BitDefender Firewall Enabled AB D-B EF- F -D B- BB FB A E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system ATKFUSService exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files x Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe K Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files Acronis CDP afcdpsrv exe K Program Files x APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe C Windows SysWOW ASDR exe C Program Files x ASUS AAHM aaHMSvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe D Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adminservice exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Program Files x iolo Common Lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files x MediaMall MediaMallServer exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LVMVFM LVPrS H exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Cyberlink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Xobni XobniService exe K Program Files x APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition dataserv exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LWEMon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe D Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe D Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Program Files x Security Task Manager SpyProtector exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe K Program Files x Logitech Vid Vid exe K Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender pchooklaunch exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender Antispam pchooklaunch exe D Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe K Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Displa... Read more

A:black screen before login in windows 7 x64

Hello nineball,

If you still require assistance, please post the contents of c:\comboFix.txt for review, along with an update on system behavior.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/black-screen-before-login-in-windows-7-x64-588453.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Just installed 8.1. When I logged back on, there was only a blank screen with a cursor. I activated task manager and a warning appeared stating, "[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected] could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Immersive...

sfc scannow fixed the issue for awhile then i got force logout then i login the same issue reappear...please help fixing this i dont feel like doing fresh install ...

A:Windows 8.1 login and black screen

it's because of "something" (if you know what i mean) you've installed on windows 8. windows 8.1 has different files and you should manually remove all traces of that "something" before running sfc again.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33186-windows-8-1-login-black-screen.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Sorry about the off topic post, couldn't find a 'suitable' forum....

Hey all.
I got the Windows 7 RTM quite a while ago and had no problems with it.
A couple days ago, though, I recieve a black screen with movable cursor after login. I am dual-booting with Windows XP, and XP is working fine.

Task manager will open, but is 'hidden' under the black screen. Same with everything else but the cursor.

I suspect this has something to do with VMware server, as this was the last program I installed (about a week ago) and it was also affecting my network adapters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 black screen after login

Did you by any chance try to install an icon pack?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34624-windows-7-black-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 86.43%

So here is the problem When I start up the windows it boots like it should and when I enter the password Windows screen login black after 7 of the user the Windows 7 black screen after login screen goes black and it freezes No pointer cant access task manager etc The only way to solve this is to restart the PC and it will boot without any problems I installed windows x the same problem Installed windows bit the Windows 7 black screen after login same problem and bit the same problem I installed the latest drivers available for this computer I searched on google and some people Windows 7 black screen after login were saying that it is display driver problem I downloaded different driver versions still the same thing I havent updated the BIOS because I am scared of getting a dead motherboard I also started sfc scannow but it says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Please help me to solve this problem is too annoying The PC Intel i GHz nVidia GeForce GTS GB RAM Foxconn P A-S

A:Windows 7 black screen after login

Have you checked if anything is overheating?

Quote:
For monitoring the heat/celsius of the system, use Speccy or HWinfo:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269271-windows-7-black-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 86%

The issue started a few hours ago when I was playing League of Legends specifically when the game has finished its loading and crashed to Desktop which is a common problem on my laptop As usual I would restart the game but before I could do that explorer exe Mouse Cursor Login before Screen Black of Death Screen with crashed my entire Desktop has turned to the familiar transparent whitish filter before the quot Explorer exe has crashed quot message popped out which was peculiar at the time because this is Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen the first time it had happened So I allowed the program to restart it didn't So I shut down via holding down the power button and rebooted the laptop It went into Startup Repair and did its automated repair so I let it repair while I did my stuff When I returned the repair had completed and it booted the laptop into the infamous Black Screen of Death with a movable mouse cursor This is right before I could log on to my user account and I decided to search for solutions initially on Google using an available PC Most of it didn't work for starters booting up to Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Last known Good Configuration brought me to the same movable mouse cursor with black screen combo Safe Mode with Command Prompt has the same problem and the Command Prompt does not appear After which I accessed the Repair menu with the F button right after the BIOS loads and tried every option First Repair Your Computer did not work as it couldn't find any problems after the first initial repair it did System Restore didn't not have any Restore Points which is strange because I do have several restore points prior to this issue happened I skipped the Memory option and used the Command Prompt to do a sfc exe scannow to detect any problems according to one solution I found but it gave the message telling me there is another repair job that requires my laptop to be restarted At first I did went back and did the sfc command no luck After all that I went to try the Ctrl Alt Del and starting explorer exe as a new process but the task manager does not appear Not in any bootable modes with the mouse cursor present At the moment I am out of ideas and solutions it really is starting to drive me against the wall because this laptop has a lot of information I need I do not have access to my backups or recovery disks as I'm currently overseas I hope I can hear from any users here about what to do My laptop Acer Aspire TimelineX TG Windows Home Edition x I do not have any USB devices connected to my laptop except for my mouse and that's about it I will try my best to add on more missing info if pointed out thank you very much

A:Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen

having the same problem here on my toshiba satellite L655-1je laptop. did everything srwalpha did but to no avail. hence, bumping this up for help pls...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192503-black-screen-death-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 86%

Thanks for all providing valuable suggestions in my previous thread Win boot Win login on screen before Black up, Install)? screen 7: (Clean Black screen on boot up before login screen As Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen (Clean Install)? I am picking the clean install option for my resolution I am opening this new thread I reviewed the tutorials Macrium of this community I found Macrium Reflect Free Version July for download I downloaded installed above Macrium to working PC This version has an option to create Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen (Clean Install)? Macrium Reflect rescue media on CD DVD or USB stick upon installing on working PC I created a rescue media USB I created complete HDD image of my unbootable Z before doing clean win install I am going to clean install Windows Home Premium bit using my OEM KEY I posted the OEM DISKMAP in my previous thread Post I find System d MB Windows OS c GB amp my Lenovo data e GB Lenovo says if I change the partition configuration it will make built-in Lenovo recovery unusable I like the idea of adopting infrequent system changes adding new programs etc and frequent data changes growing user documents in Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen (Clean Install)? image backup strategy I mean taking system partition d c image back up as and when I add new programs and taking data partition e image backup periodically How do I re-structure my DISKMAP to have effective periodical image backup without disrupting built-in Lenovo recovery Are there any Windows disk partition recommendation guidelines Thanks for sharing helping

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380263-win-7-black-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-clean-install.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi people, i've just registered to this forum to ask you about this, Since i've made a registry defrag with TuneUp Utilities (which probably has gone wrong), when i reset the computer, and I logon to my user, it shows a black screen, then back at the logon screen. If I do it again, the user doesn't show up anymore!
It happened three times already, i had to make new users, and i'm sick of it. Any ideas of what could it be?

A:Black screen after login for some seconds, then back at logon screen!

Welcome!

Yet another case of registry defraggers causing harm. In the future, you know now to stay far away from them.

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before TuneUp utilities. If that doesn't work, it will be time for a repair install.

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98727-black-screen-after-login-some-seconds-then-back-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

I updated my ATI HD 5770 drivers today, and rebooted. Afterwards, the login screen sound played, but nothing was visible.

I booted into safe mode and deleted the video drivers and attempted to install some working ones - the same issue occured (Windows Update).

Can anyone give me a hand in finding the correct drivers to install?

Windows 7 HP 64 Bit
ATI Radeon HD 5770

Cheers :)

A:Video card drivers - black screen on login screen

Resolved. I was a retard and didn't realize it was showing the desktop on my TV which was on a different display.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-card-drivers-black-screen-on-login-screen-676105.html
Relevancy 85.57%

hello this is my first topic here and i really need help on this yesterday i found that my pc has 8.1 screen pointer Windows login with black after been attacked Windows 8.1 black screen with pointer after login by virus from adware trojan and somehow i managed to get rid of them and this morning when i tried to restart my pc after i scan my whole pc with antivirus and malwarebytes my pc screen become blank and there was only pointer and windows script host setting popped up out of nothing do we really need this be concerned of too but i could fix them with accesing through task manager and i managed to emerge the screen but i think this doesnt really fix my problem because when i tried to shut my pc off and turn it on again it booted into a black screen again then i found some topic concerning what i had through in bleeping computer i tried to do the steps that i should take but here my low experience about this make me so hard to fix this only by myself btw i 'm working on this Farbar Recovery Scan Tool but i dont quite understand how i fix the problem with this Since i'm out ideas and i dont want to format or repair that could erase my data i'm asking for your help please go soft and slow on me too I expect a help from the community and last but not least Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 black screen with pointer after login

Greetings whoisthat and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far.Could you please post the FRST.txt and Addition.txt files? Copy and paste the information in your reply.In addition, please do this.===================================================Last Known Good Configuration--------------------Reboot your computerGently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows Advanced Options menuSelect Last Known Good Configuration using the arrow keysPress Enter on your keyboard and attempt to boot into Normal ModeIf this doesn't boot properly perform the next step===================================================Attempt to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. Can you boot properly into Normal Mode?Safe Mode with Networking, if necessaryFRST.txtAddition.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615232/windows-81-black-screen-with-pointer-after-login/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I think it still remain the comon problem on HP Notebooks that HP dont give support for new OS apears on before or screen Windows black 40s login more 10 It's why next purchase I should take in consideration if it should be HP nbsp My notebook as an Intel R HD Graphics and ATI AMD Radeon HD M Series Gb Ram and SSD disk nbsp This issue occurs on windows also but was solved with 40s or more black screen before login apears on Windows 10 nbsp Catalyst UnifLdrivers with lot of work nbsp After upgrading to windows my notebook that took seconds to load system now it remains in a minimum s black screen and sometimes after pressing a lot of keys also windows key P to change screen was tried it brings logon screen nbsp Tried new drivers for nbsp intel HD nbsp and the new from ATI AMD but problem still remains nbsp Since HP dont care with customers that have hold notebooks with mores than years don't develop custom drivers I ask to the users of this forum if they have some known solution or workaround to solve this I really don't want do downgrade to windows nbsp Best Regards sorry some bad english

A:40s or more black screen before login apears on Windows 10

Hi, If you have just upgraded to windows 10 and are sitting at a black screen for way too long here's the problem and how to fix it.If you have an on board Intel graphics controller as well as an add on graphics card, windows thinks you have one more monitor connected than you actually have. so when windows loads its outputting the video signal to a bogus monitor.How to fix thisfirstly wait long enough so the mouse cursor to appear when you move the mouse.(blank screen with a white mouse cursor)Then press the space-bar and enter your login password or pin (yes your doing this blind)You should now be logged into windows if the desktop dose not appear after 30 seconds then press WindowsKey-P down arrow twice and enter.I hope this helps Let me know 

****Click the White thumb to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem********I don't work for HP****~~Psywaves~~

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/40s-or-more-black-screen-before-login-apears-on-Windows-10/td-p/5252134
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a very frustrating problem and I am not sure which section it belongs in It started a week or so ago It will post and boot to the login screen just fine Once I login I have a very limited amount of time before he screen goes black Sometimes a minute sometimes only a few seconds If I leave the login screen displays windows after login Black screen up its just fine with that displaying The monitor is still on it does not say signal lost The tower is still running lights and fans It will boot and allow me to login in safe mode though One other Black screen displays after windows login forum Black screen displays after windows login I read with what sounds like a very similar problem said that it is usually Black screen displays after windows login as failure of either the graphics card or the motherboard My entire system is less than a year old They said that if you hit the numlock key after you've lost your display check the numlock light cycling If it does not cycle than it is a mother board failure If it does cycle then it is a graphics card failure I had drivers fully updated I believe BIOS is if I am remembering correctly I tried rolling back the graphics drivers as well No use ASUS Crosshair Formula-Z AMD FX- GHz -core Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR GB ASUS R X GB Corsair AXi W PSU Samsung Pro GB SSD

A:Black screen displays after windows login

Well, I took it in to a computer shop for diagnostics. We will see in a few days what's wrong.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58549-black-screen-displays-after-windows-login.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, all
I thought this is the correct place to ask this question. I upgraded my system with intel DG41 board and 8GB of ram, and it works fine...

only somtimes when I boot into windows, after the booting screen, just I see a blank black screen, no task manager and explorer too,
I tried different drivers for my nvidia 9500gt, and still same problem, and when i shutdown (holding the power button), and restart, then it works, it log in to windows normally

can anyone help, please

A:I get black screen after booting windows 7 before login

See if these links can provide you with the information you seek.

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Windows 7 Black Screens of Death for Some AMD/ATI GPUs - Softpedia

windows 7 black screen after login, no desktop show up

[SOLVED] Windows 7 Loads to a black screen. Whats the - Microsoft Answers

Windows 7 won't boot after welcome screen. - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207637-i-get-black-screen-after-booting-windows-7-before-login.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I've searched all over for solutions to this. Upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro from 8 through the Windows Store. Everything seemed to go smoothly. Updated graphics card drivers prior to install of 8.1. Now whenever I start up, I can log in, but then it goes to a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl-Alt-Del will bring up the task manager and from there I can access programs and get on the internet. So after maybe 5 minutes or so after opening a program (usually firefox) the Metro screen randomly loads. None of the store apps worked, though I was able to find a fix for that. Some of them still don't work right though. Am I better off just reinstalling 8 and waiting for them to fix it? Or is there a better way to upgrade from 8 other than through the store?

A:Black screen and cursor after login. Windows 8.1

I have the same Video card as yours. You might want to re-install the Video driver from NVIDIA website but use the Custom Install instead. On the next screen. put a check mark on "Perform Clean Install".

In addition, make sure you have the latest BIOS installed from your MB manufacturer.

Good luck !!!

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/36556-black-screen-cursor-after-login-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello all I had some memory issues with my login 7 cursor a only screen, x64 Windows Black computer recently had to adjust the timings and now that they work ran memtest for hours w o an error Windows can't seem to boot Alright so the login screen is black only with a cursor the at ease panel windows Black login screen, only a cursor Windows 7 x64 pro logo center bottom and shutdown red button in it's normal position Although the at ease button and shutdown button don't display anything when clicked but they do work example I can shutdown using the shutdown button The same thing happens for safe-mode OK here's the strange thing when my external hard drive is unplugged it goes straight to the above screen But when the external hard drive is on while the boot starts I just get a complete black screen When I turn it off during the complete black screen phase it'll go right to the regular one Black login screen, only a cursor Windows 7 x64 above with the logo cursor only I've also entered repair and tried to restore to a previous point but it's pulling the from the E drive which isn't the drive I installed windows on If you couldn't guess the E drive was the label for the external hard drive Please help and I appreciate any feedback I'll be at work soon and will be able to respond quickly all day but I won't be able to adjust my computer Thanks

A:Black login screen, only a cursor Windows 7 x64

I'm having the same problem on my 32bit system.

try this

1. When you see the black screen and white cursor press CTRL+ALT+DEL
2. Select Task Manager
3. File > New Task (Run...)
4. Type explorer.exe

It's a temp fix but you'll have to repeat the steps when you machine starts up again.

Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/68128-black-login-screen-only-cursor-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi BleepingComputer, long time reader, first time caller.

This is my first time troubleshooting a Windows 8 machine. I have a Lenovo G500 here with Windows 8. After I log into Windows, the screen goes black with only a movable white cursor.

Fortunately, I can Ctrl+Alt+Del and pull up Task Manager from here. I can open up Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, etc.. With an Ethernet cable, I can access the Internet. However, I cannot get the desktop or Windows taskbar running.

From a half hour of Googling, the only real solution I've seen is to uninstall the graphics driver through Safe Mode. I removed the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 driver and only the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter remains. Nothing came from that.

Anyone have a solution, or other troubleshooting steps I could go through, for this? This is not my machine, so I couldn't tell you what could have been installed to cause this.

A:Windows 8 Shows Black Screen After Login

Got it. There was a program called Pokki Start Menu that was installed almost a week ago. I uninstalled it and it fixed the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530161/windows-8-shows-black-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have installed Windows 7 on Mac Bootcamp. It has been working perfectly fine for the past year but it is now restricting me to login with a black screen. The last time Windows 7 worked, I closed my laptop cover to put it to sleep. I came back to find that I was greeted with a black screen after opening my laptop. I rebooted my computer multiple times but the outcome is always the same: I would see the Windows icon (4 coloured squares), it would then show my cursor and then the screen would go black. I have tried to repair my computer but it says that there are no errors. I also tried to check for any other possible errors but they all come out negative. Please help me, as I have many important essays on my Windows partition.

Thank you so much for your time! It is very appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jason Chan

A:Bootcamp Windows 7 Black Screen Before Login

I'm not familiar with Apple computers or Bootcamp, so I may not even ask the right questions.

Did you have it set to prompt for a password when awakening from sleep? What did you do when you first encountered the black screen (hold the power button to force a power off?)?

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? Or 'last good configuration'?

You can still boot to the MAC OS, right? And use that to copy any data that is not backed up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bootcamp-windows-7-black-screen-before-login.1061202/
Relevancy 85.57%

Please help me i have a problem with my computer it goes black screen after i login
my desktop is hp pavilion a5055d my os is windows 8 i dont know what the problem
i have a ati radeon xpress 1100 for videocard ..
I tried to restart many times. 

A:WINDOWS 8 BLACK SCREEN AFTER LOGIN PROBLEM

Hi,

Did this issue occur before?

Try to logon with Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs.

Furthermore, you can try to update BIOS for your machine?

You can refer these article to update BIOS if your machine cannot boot:
http://www.ehow.com/how_7356859_update-bios-windows-won_t-boot.html
http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-PC-Which-Won't-Boot

Hope that helps.Leo Huang
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d543f46a-ac0e-4830-9e6c-36efe9fcc9c8/windows-8-black-screen-after-login-problem?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello all.

I would appreciate greatly any help on this one. I'm trying to avoid a huge bill. Let me give you some background. I had to shut my comp off the hard way after everything froze and I couldn't get to task manager. Now, the thing will only load to the black screen with movable cursor. Just so you know what I've done: Setup shows 4 or 5 SATAs listed but the first 2 say not detected. System Restore didn't work. I tried 3 different points. The startup repair thing didn't seem to work either. I checked the hard drive and it's clearly still spinning, not clicking or anything like that. I'm not sure what else to tell you. Any ideas? Thanks a million.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400188-windows-7-loads-only-black-screen-before-login.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi everyone I posted this issue in the malware section probably - weeks ago A very helpful individual in that screen can't login. black Windows at boot, forum guided me through a couple of different processes to rid my computer of malware It seems to be okay now as far Windows can't boot, black screen at login. as malware and viruses however I still cannot log into my computer except in safe mode Essentially after the computers posts and boots it will take me to the Windows XP loading screen After it s done loading it flashes as if it s going to the screen where I choose the user However I just get a blank black screen It s not as if the monitor is off because I still see an off-hue black screen I also have some weird artifacts in BIOS and what seems to be a lack of colors in Safe Mode When I say artifacts it really just odd symbols in place of normal letters or additional commas periods etc etc We ve ran hijack and Malwarebytes and a couple of different things and still no success I ve also tried doing a re-install of Windows XP and have some issues there with drivers and undetectable DVD roms Anyone have a direction in which I should start Thank you -Jeff See thread from security forum http forums techguy org virus-oth ndows-wont-boot-black-screen html post nbsp

A:Windows can't boot, black screen at login.

See if this is of any help:

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/314503

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cant-boot-black-screen-at-login.930039/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello My windows installation won t start anymore It hangs at a black screen when the login screen should appear point quot quot below is the current state This is the history The windows xp wouldn t boot even the XP logo didn t appear I found out it was hangs before at black screen windows login XP because of a virus running in safe mode showed an error message I was able to remove some files that looked supicious from the WINDOWS system directory by booting into linux and mounting the windows disk there also ran ClamAV etc some of the windows XP hangs at black screen before login files I removed were quot khvcol exe quot quot gp exe quot with a space At that point I tried to boot the windows and it did boot again However I still got some annoying popups which I thought were related to more viruses so I went ahead and removed some more files the same way as above Now when I try to boot it hangs at this black screen when the login windows XP hangs at black screen before login screen should appear I m afraid I may have removed a file too many this is what I removed WINDOWS system lsass exe I already discovered that lsass exe windows XP hangs at black screen before login was not to be removed but I kept a backup copy and put it back WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall lsass exe I read somewhere that when present anywhere other than WINDOWS system this is probably a virus WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i lsass exe I read somewhere that when present anywhere other than WINDOWS system this is probably a virus WINDOWS system app dll dll Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp khvcol exe Program Files MSN Gaming Zone Windows hrtzzm exe my guess is that lsass exe is the problem because it has something to do with login can anyone help me get this windows running again thanks Tim nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-hangs-at-black-screen-before-login.971477/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello everyone I recently formatted my main drive upgrading from Vista to Win and it worked perfectly It asked to install some updates including my graphics card and everything else Then it restarted and updated a few registry settings I think somewhere around - alot more than a few lol and it black screened when it came to the login screen I tried logging in and I could hear the sounds and everything else so on Windows black 7 boots, screen login I think it s the graphics card that s the problem I tried booting into safe mode and uninstalling reinstalling the graphics driver but it still black screened I checked almost every other topic about this and I tried everything but it didn t work but i m still open to more common suggestions Right now i m just running on the on-board graphics in normal boot mode System Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free Windows 7 boots, black screen on login - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer EG M Antivirus None I will be adding Kaspersky later nbsp

A:Windows 7 boots, black screen on login

Rather than mess about I would re-install 7 but this time refuse the Graphics update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-boots-black-screen-on-login.1054955/
Relevancy 85.57%

Heya guys ive screen Windows 7 login) after issues (black given up Windows 7 issues (black screen after login) on Windows 7 issues (black screen after login) solving this issue myself now as ive come to a dead end Anyhow it all began when i was playing fallout new vegas i enterd a building and got a black screen like nothing loaded and whatnot i decided to restart the computer and the windows boot loaded as usually or well so i thought it hanged itself i figured darn i blew my installation oh well ill just reinstall win then and so i did however after the install refused to complete hanged itself at expanding files i decided to remove my Sata GB drive and then it worked to install windows it completed the installation but upon the final step when you login and are met with the quot Preparing your desktop quot once that was loaded and its supposed to view your desktop the screen went black again to similate it to you imagine a black screen also hearing the computer powering down not shutting down but like the cpu is active everything else turns off much like sleepmode or something then the screen turns off and the green light flashes then i figured harddrive issues replaced both sata drives with new ones changed cables for both power and signal still the same issue after intalling loading it in safemode works fine then i decided damn ill just try xp and wow it worked and yeah i can boot it normaly and use it with games and whatnot but i do still get this black screen powerdown at times when i today plugged in a tb portable disk the computer froze when it tries to install it i figured the ram was busted so removed everyone but one and tried again i tried this times times per ram stick to ensure the ports or ram was busted but no succes i decided to randomly test a gb usb stick same issue it freezes my computer so i got issues random blackscreens and freezing to sum up the tests ive done checked ram tested other harddrives reset bios checked cables so all are connected i am starting to believe the whole motherboard might be bugged and all this happened just because i played fallout something does not make sense here if anyone have any ideas id be glad to hear them ive tried as much as ive read now so would be great to be able to rely on it to work again Specs AMD X Dualcore GB ram ATI radeon HD MB Directx Windows XP Professional Servicepack USed to run windows ultimate x but since i cannot get passed quot Preparing desktop quot im not using it now posting the post here since it was win related from start and im only using XP to get this to work moderate atlest nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-issues-black-screen-after-login.967290/
Relevancy 85.57%

I posted this question earlier but I fixed the problem. Now the answer to what I'm looking for is how can I stop avast from making a black screen popup. I used this tutorial-
How to solve Windows 8 black screen problem after login | Ask4pc
It didnt work. Anything else that will work?

A:Windows 8 Black screen after user login

I've seen something here

Windows 8 and Avast black screen problem with moveable cursor |SOLVED

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/28098-windows-8-black-screen-after-user-login.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I need some help with this one. After I login, the black screen with mouse appears. I can only get task manager to come up after a Ctrl-Alt-Del. In processes, when I kill two svchost.exe files running, then the desktop appears, but I can't launch anything without an error message appearing about the svchosts not running.
Anyone run into a svchost process causing a Black Screen of Death before? I didn't make any restore points or os images to backup too. So if I can avoid a fresh re-install I will mess around with any fixes you suggest.
Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399479-black-screen-mouse-after-windows-7-pro-login.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hey guys,
Well I am having a problem after logging into windows, it goes to a black screen, i can press shift 5 times to get a dialog open but it does not navigate away from there.
I have tried system restore no luck.
Checked my regedit - I cannot see any issue swithin winlog
I have retired to roll back my graphics card

But, I am able to login to my guest account and everything works fine, but when I try to run anything that needs admin permissions nothing happens.
Ideas?

Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I hope someone can help me out with my problem About the problem Yesterday I did a shutdown from the start menu and turned off my monitors however the computer did not shutdown and was still on after minutes so I just turned it off with the power button Today I started my computer it boots I get the instead Vista of boots black screen login to screen usual loading bar and then a black screen and not my welcome screen So I have tried the following to fix it I tried booting with last known configurations and got the same problem I tried booting in safe mode it loads for about minutes and then just stops loading I tested the memory with a memory test from Acer no Vista boots to black screen instead of login screen problems found I tried booting with a lower resolution get the same problem Just to see if its not a hardware problem I have booted a linux live cd and that worked I have an acer recovery menu but it wont let me recover to a previous point And I don't have a vista CD or recovery disk I think it was updating when I shut it down So i hope anyone has a solution for my problem if you need more information please ask and I'll answer Many thanks for reading and maby even replying to my problem Greets NiJor EDIT Somehow after waiting an hour doing nothing then rebooting into safemode worked There i could do a system restore and problem is solved

A:Vista boots to black screen instead of login screen

See if there is information on that PC on making recovery disks. I just used 2 dual layer DVD's to make recovery disks for a Compaq laptop.

Also, next time your machine boots to a completely black screen....let it stay there while it re-configures it's self. Don't be so impatient

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193975/vista-boots-to-black-screen-instead-of-login-screen/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey First I posted this in the Win section but someone suggested that I post it here since it involves malware a virus So BEFORE Black 2008.exe) Login Screen and screen! (SVC2.exe here's the post from over there Yesterday I downloaded Mission Against Terror New MMOFPS and I downloaded it Upon updating with the patcher my laptop went haywire It started opening up random IE windows slow speed etc Black Screen BEFORE Login screen! (SVC2.exe and 2008.exe) etc I did a whole memory scan and a malware adware spyware scan There were several viruses and whatnot but what Black Screen BEFORE Login screen! (SVC2.exe and 2008.exe) is important are the files SVC exe and exe you'll find it why later on The anti-virus said that it had fixed deleted everything So I restarted my laptop hoping that I'd get it up and running in safe mode for any further scans Unfortunately when I restarted it after the windows loading screen which is right before login screen a black screen appeared With nothing at all Not even a cursor BLACK JUST Black Screen BEFORE Login screen! (SVC2.exe and 2008.exe) BLACK with NO keyboard access mouse access But that's expected since it's BEFORE the login screen It's the same with normal boot boot that does that quot last best used option quot or whatever safe mode with networking etc etc All the same Black screen Good thing I had WIN XP on my other hard drive So I booted up into WIN XP where I'm posting this from and did a FULL NOT QUICK system scan to find the SAME Viruses YET AGAIN SVC exe and exe along with some other minor tracking cookies and what-not Win XP on second drive is also having a few problems like IE shutting down every second using firefox now Think this is a whole system prob But why Didn't the antivirus-es fix it I say quot es quot because I used SuperAntiSpyware Norton NOD Malware Bytes and AVG I've tried the system recovery thing F thing on boot screen NOT ON LOGIN SCREEN Remember I can't reach that but that doesn't work either So any suggestions Btw The windows PRO bit that's corrupted not starting is on C and Win XP is on D Currently I am doing the GMER Rootkit scan I will attach that whenever it finishes As for my install disc I'm currently downloading Windows Pro bit ISO from MSDNN which I will then burn onto a dvd when download is completed Thanks in advance Here is my DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Helo at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes D WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS explorer exe D Program Files ClamWin bin ClamTray exe D Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe D Program Files Prevx prevx exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc D WINDOWS system wscntfy exe D Program Files Prevx prevx exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter D Program Files MiPony MiPony exe D WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files gPotato AikaOnline AIKALauncher exe D Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe D WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe D Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe D Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe D Documents and Settings Helo Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ca BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO SafeOnline BHO d - c- bd-b - e d ef - d windows system PxSecure dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - d program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SearchHelper dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - d program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - d program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - d program ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/black-screen-before-login-screen-svc2-exe-and-2008-exe-516283.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Alright today I hibernated my computer I usually hibernate left it for an hour and attempted to turn it back on now it loads fine but once it gets to the point where it should display the vista logo and then the log in screen the screen goes blank The hard Screen turns black screen login reaching before the disk light is blinking fast so fast it's almost just staying on and the wireless does its blinking patterns as Screen turns black before reaching the login screen if it's redying the wireless connection but the screen remains black I've tried safe mode same result Two screens same result I booted Ubuntu and it was fine so I'm using that now First of all any insight into how I should go about fixing this If not I have extremely important files on the hard drive is there any way you could recommend getting them back Thanks for any help I'd hate to have to take it in Screen turns black before reaching the login screen and risk the guys at the store deciding it's easier just to wipe the hard drive or something

A:Screen turns black before reaching the login screen

Are you using a Ubuntu Live CD, or are you dual booting?
If you're dual booting, you can access your ntfs partition from Ubuntu using steps listed on many many web sites: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=
Some are easier than others.

As for fixing your Vista. I have reservations because in some of my steps Vista has this nasty habit of overwriting the master boot record with its own without warning you (making you unable to boot into ubuntu if you dual boot), so research some more, and proceed with caution. If you boot into the Vista DVD, I think you can click repair, and you have a bunch of options and it looks like this:
http://neosmart.net/wiki/download/at...eryOptions.png
I haven't tried them in a while so I can't really recall what each does.
You can try going back using a restore point. Be VERY cautious with "Startup Repair". I think that's the one that rewrites the master boot record. (if you really need to try it, research how you can backup the master boot record in ubuntu, then restore it if needed - usually a flash drive, a floppy, or a bootable CD may be needed - you most likely would be able to do it from the live cd if you know the steps though).
And if all else fails, do a repair install. Can't recall how it's done, but there are many sites dedicated to that topic. You can also ask around the forum about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-turns-black-before-reaching-the-login-screen-319746.html
Relevancy 85.14%

While attempting to boot, Death before screen login Black during of Screen restore a previous backup of my system with Norton Ghost I got an error and the system rebooted Upon reboot I get the black screen of death with just the cursor instead of the usual login screen I have tried the following thus far These all give me the black screen of death with movable cursor boot in safe mode boot in safe mode with networking boot in safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration I did an Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen initial system startup repair which went through and said it repaired it rebooted but no change I did a pre-boot diagnostic test - nothing memory test - nothing tried restoring from restore point but it says I don't have any LIES BLASPHEMY tried restoring from restore point on external disk - seemed okay then failed chkdsk - found some stuff fixed it no change tried ctrl alt del on black screen of death - nothing Now I know that the hard drive itself is alright that is the information is still all there still While I can't give you exact specs I can tell you that I am on a Dell Studio XPS running Win home premium bit I'm at a loss as to what else to do Despite being a black screen with just a movable cursor the system still appears to be running as every few minutes it will show the quot thinking quot cursor where it shows the little circle next to the arrow If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated hugs and kisses Amplitude

A:Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen

hi,

Known issue some users have it others don't did you try Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7? or this mentions a "black screen of death" fix but i would be verry carefull running executable files from unknown sources

Windows 7 Black Screen Of Death Fix

also this http://www.everything-microsoft.com/2009/12/01/windows-7-bsod-black-screen-of-death-freeze-and-potential-fix/

but it also points to external sources microsoft should fix the issue or that *.exe should be authenticode signed so you have a way to verify it's trustworthy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219955-black-screen-death-during-boot-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Apologies if this is in the wrong section I have a Dell Inspiron and the owner said that his son installed BearShare and it's been giving him complications He told me it sometimes freezes when he tries to start the computer and has to give it a hard shut down I hopefully removed BearShare with Malwarebytes and MSE yet I can't seem to find why it's not letting me boot up regularly It boots into safe mode fine and I can access everything from there but when I try to restart into regular mode it Black active screen, cursor before screen. login just hangs after 'Starting Windows' with a black screen and active mouse cursor I've tried various tutorials from searching quot black screen active cursor quot quot laptop frozen after starting windows quot etc but nothing that I try works After a few hours of research I keep seeing the reoccurring phrase 'shell' I believe it's not being loaded correctly or at all I've tried a fix by Prevx that said it would fix the black screen to no avail But here's the funny part Sometimes it boots to Windows fine and everything acts as it should There's been several times I was about to call the guy and tell him that the laptop is finished but I hesitated and restarted just to see if it was fully fixed Vid Dell - YouTube Let me know if I need to post further information -Dustin

A:Black screen, cursor active before login screen.

I would try some more scans to be sure
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
run some hardware tests
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
and when you can get it to boot
Disk Check
a system file check
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
and have a look through these handy tutorials
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot
Startup Repair
and if all else fails
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271206-black-screen-cursor-active-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My son has a Toshiba Satelite P that he just upgraded from Windows XP Home Premium to Windows -bit After to screen after upgrade login/welcome 7 goes before screen System black Win 32-bit the upgrade completed the computer booted fine The within minutes he got the BSOD and the system rebooted Now he can t get Windows to fully start We ve tried all of the options from F with no success We have the Toshiba System Recovery Disk but it won t launch The Boot sequence has been changed to boot from CD DVD and then the Hard Drive The Memory Diagnostic from the Windows disk ran fine with no errors I m thinking I might need to re-format wipe the drive to start fresh but don t know where to obtain System goes to black screen before login/welcome screen after Win 7 32-bit upgrade a boot CD no floppy drive on this laptop Does anyone recommend a software that I can purchase to clear everything without destroying the CD DVD accessibility so I can then use the System Recovery Disk to put it back to the original factory Settings

A:System goes to black screen before login/welcome screen after Win 7 32-bit upgrade

Toshiba, usually pressing F12 when the Toshiba Logo appears will get you to the Boot device menu. If not then,
Go here https://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/pubLogin.jsp Choose the Download Tab, No Login required, That is for the Forums.

Download the user manual and see how to get to the boot from CD/DVD drive.

The Drivers tab will show the Toshiba drivers. They are needed for Windows 7, If no drivers for WIn7, Then don't, as getting all that are needed will be a royal pain.

I've even seen certain model of Toshiba that have a XP Bios and a different bios for Vista.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467252/system-goes-to-black-screen-before-loginwelcome-screen-after-win-7-32-bit-upgrade/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I was successfully using my PC for the entirety of this morning After bumping my desk the machine shut off as it sometimes does when a cable is loose When the machine restarted it allowed me to login and then showed me only a black screen and cursor Ctrl alt del was functional I tried system restore and system repair both of which completed but did not have any effect I was able to access Windows via safe mode I removed my GPU Upon Black Blue Login into Screen Evolved Screen and connected my monitor to my motherboard The situation did not change I attempted to boot without my main drive SSD by disconnecting it and turning the PC on Instead of a login screen I am now greeted by a flash of a BSOD before the system restarts After running a couple rounds of startup repair Windows has declared it cannot resolve the issue Any guidance will be warmly appreciated Thank you Edit after restarting once more my bios prompted for a Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen boot device and I was able to reach the login screen I am now back at my original black screen problem

A:Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode at the moment? if so, follow this:

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360512-black-screen-upon-login-evolved-into-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi People I have been a member of this forum and most often I have found a solution by just searching but today I have a problem which I have not been able to find a solution for therefore I am listing my problem I have Windows installed on a desktop since months now it was working fine till yesterday evening but don't know what happened it was loading windows Basically what is happening is that it is booting fine then the windows logo comes and after that of Screen instead Black Screen Login Mouse Pointer with I get a black screen with mouse cursor whereas it was supposed Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen to have the login screen Now I had this same problem months back with the same computer but then I was unable to solve it using the MBR repair commands and so I formatted the drive C of my computer then Now I am determined not to format the DRIVE C so Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen I went to the command prompt using system repair tools from the DVD and went into DISKPART When I selected disk which is the only disk installed and entered detail disk this is what I got Disk ID SOmething Type ATA Status Online PAth Target LUN ID Location Path Something Current Readonly State No Read Only No Boot Disk No Pagefile Disk No Hibernation File Disk No Crash Dump Disk No Clustered Disk No ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Volume Ltr Label FS Type Size Status Volume C System Rese NTFS Partition MB Healthy Volume D NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume E NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume F NTFS Partition GB Healthy Now I found that the system reserved partition has somehow claimed Drive Letter C after maybe a power failure Now I think the problem would be solved if I could somehow remove C letter from the System Reserved partition and assign it back to Volume I later on checked on the recovery files that in my computer the DRIVE C is the actual system reserved partition which is supposed to be hidden and DRIVE D is the one which holds the actual windows installation I have also the information on VOLUME when I selected DISK and then selected VOLUME and entered detail volume I got the following result Readonly No Hidden No No Default Drive letter No Shadow Copy No Offline No Bitlocker Encrypted No Installable No Now I changed the attributes and to Yes think it would solve my problem but it didn't I would also like to know why this has happened I think this is due to power failure but why is the system reserved partition showing as C Please help I have tried to search and fix the MBR as well but to no avail I don't want to format my PC again I have managed to remove the drive letter of the system reserved partition and assign letter C to the D drive But then I got a message on rebooting BOOTMGR missing press CTRL ALT DEL Then again I have tried to repair the bootmgr by BOOTREC fixboot this removed the BOOTMGR missing error but got me back to where I started that is a BLACK screen after windows logo I am still not able to get the LOGIN SCREEN don't know why Please help

A:Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen

Have you tried Startup Repair from the Win7 installation DVD?
Have you tried System Restore to a point in time before these errors occurred?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110305-black-screen-mouse-pointer-instead-login-screen.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm using I have a DELL4500S desktop, on startup it will not go to the login screen, the screen is just black with the cursor showing. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging everything and restarting it. Nothing is working. When it first starts a pop up shows and says

"This Application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I'm not sure what it's talking about and what to re install and I can't reinstall whatever it is because I can't get to the start menu.

Help? I don't know what to do :[

A:Black screen on startup, showing cursor, doesn't go to log in screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by alexsmom2009

I'm using I have a DELL4500S desktop, on startup it will not go to the login screen, the screen is just black with the cursor showing. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging everything and restarting it. Nothing is working. When it first starts a pop up shows and says

"This Application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I'm not sure what it's talking about and what to re install and I can't reinstall whatever it is because I can't get to the start menu.

Help? I don't know what to do :[

SAMLIB.dll is a security account manager dynamic linked lib. A repair install from the dvd should fix the problem unless you are infected with malware, or have a modified system

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201116-black-screen-startup-showing-cursor-doesnt-go-log-screen.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey Guys im only new hear so im not sure if this question has been asked before or even if its in the right forum but i recently Screen scre Black seconds before login 5-10 for windows just installed a clean install of windows instead of a upgrade from my vista i got the free upgrade now everything works fine expect when after the windows splash occurs there is about a second delay were the screen is just black with a cursor Could any of you guys be able to help me Hear are my Pc Specifactions copied from system information ive left my details out of my pc name just incase OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Black Screen for 5-10 seconds before windows login scre Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Australia Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Time Zone AUS Eastern Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys i really hope you guys can help me it doesn't do this on my parents pc which also has windows only difference is his is bit were mine is Cheers Guys

A:Black Screen for 5-10 seconds before windows login scre

I really don't know what the problem is, but I would tend to suspect the video driver. I don't know anything about notebook either, but I imagine that you have onboard video. Check in the Device Manage to see what it shows for the driver for the Display Adapter, then check with HP to see what they recommend.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/39454-black-screen-5-10-seconds-before-windows-login-scre.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I get a black screen after getting the windows 10 anniversary update. I log in and use it for a few minutes then the screen goes black. After a minute of black screen it turns off. How do I fix this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Black-screen-after-login-after-windows-10-anniversary-update/td-p/5837503
Relevancy 84.71%

i was customizing my desktop with Rainmeter and i wanted to know how to change my toolbar's color because i didnt want the blue, someone said to download Vistaglazz and repatch some files. after doing so my computer restarted and after the initial normal startup and it saying "Please wait..." like it usually does before it shows the login users, the screen went black, then for a split second the screen went pitch black, almost as if the computer turned off, then it would turn on again and go back to the normal "Please wait..." screen. this would be ok but its happening so fast and over and over again that i cant even hit f8 or Ctrl Alt Delete. im using a different computer because i literally cant log onto the other one. any ideas why its flashing?

A:Windows 8 Flashing Black Screen At Login Menu

gotta love 3rd party apps ,
a system restore to the day or time before this happened would be the best fix i think .
using a windows dvd boot to system restore option .option 7 in this tutorial
Startup Options Menu - Boot to in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44865-windows-8-flashing-black-screen-login-menu.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I've been having problems recently with my computer Win Ult x installed on an SSD it used to boot in seconds or less and I was in windows Now it takes a while for the flag to even come up and longer still to get to the login screen After I login I hear the tone and the screen just goes black with a mouse sometimes a start-up program will show like team viewer and after a while I am able to access my desktop I've tried updating all the drivers I've disabled start-up services and programs re-installed VMWare uninstalled VMWare's adapters and disabled it I'd rather not install Windows again the installation is only a few weeks old so it leads me to believe it is a driver issue somewhere The only things that I Windows boot, Slow after screen login 7 black can decipher in the event log on diagnostic boot are a failure to load VGA sys and a bunch of network drivers which were removed I'm out of ideas and knowledge so any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7 Slow boot, black screen after login

Thanks for all the help guys, anyway turns out it was a bad core on my processor, disabled it and it works fine.  So for anyone that is having this issue and you can disable cores try this.  It is definitely hardware related

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488599/windows-7-slow-boot-black-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi There could be cursor after only Windows screen SOLUTION black login 8 causes for this problem The NVIDIA graphics card is updating itself during sleep mode Solution Boot into safe mode Go to device manager display adapters double clicks on the graphic card driver Select Driver tab clicks on the Roll Back Driver button Restart done To avoid this problem to happen again turn off the NVIDIA automatic update feature Go NVIDIA control panel - gt Help - gt updates select Preferences tab uncheck the automatically check for updates A windows update could be the problem Solution From the Start screen type 'reset' to open the Search charm and then select Remove everything and reinstall Windows from the search results Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows click Get started On Windows 8 black screen only cursor after login SOLUTION the Reset your PC screen click Next If prompted insert your Windows installation disc or recovery media If your computer has more than one drive installed you must select whether you want to reset only the drive where Windows is installed or reset all drives Make your selection and then click Next Select Just remove my files Then click Next On the Ready to Windows 8 black screen only cursor after login SOLUTION reset your PC screen click Reset Wait while Windows resets your computer This might take awhile Windows 8 black screen only cursor after login SOLUTION and your computer will restart After the recovery manually fully update the pc go to start type 'Update' and execute all the updates repeat until there are no updates left I hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566912/windows-8-black-screen-only-cursor-after-login-solution/
Relevancy 84.71%

hi everyone i have bumped into a little problem well i hope it is a little problem to fix as i have tried a fair few things ok this is what im getting when i load my windows theres no background or login image and also when i was restarting my computer it done the same thing black background with the windows logo on the bottom Windows screen 7 HELP loading upon login to URGENT Black while shutting down restarting quot iv attached the image quot now want i done was since i wanted to revert my icons back to stock i had these files in my backups for awhile and i replaced them with the current Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP ones in system imageres dll imagesp dll shell dll zipfldr dll this is the last Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP thing i done till this happened now Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP i have tried to run repair but wont detect anything and says you hardware attached etc and i can't run system restore since i don't have it on if this helps i also running dual boot win and xp atm im on xp so i can access the win system files please i really need help thanks

A:Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP

Try this:

1. Reboot while holding down the F8 key.
2. Choose safe mode with networking.
3. Google for the latest driver for your video card.
4. Download and install the new driver after uninstalling the old one.
5. Reboot your computer.

Also, you could try the repair option two or three times.

I don't want to nag, but when you're up and running, turn system restore back on - you know it makes sense.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/172094-windows-7-black-screen-upon-loading-login-urgent-help.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi I run Windows Vista Business on a Sony laptop and after removing some malware and restarting my computer I got a lovely black screen with just Screen windows "has HELP! login, Explorer.exe Black virus" after a the cursor after log in I ve tried disabling UAC in safe mode and then I tried to run explorer exe but got a message saying it has a virus Tried running AVAST and malwarebytes with recent updates in safe mode and both removed a few malware and viruses But there were a few viruses that were quot read-only files quot Black Screen after windows login, Explorer.exe "has a virus" HELP! such as explorer exe What to do Included HIJACK THIS log and malwarebytes log below HIJACK THIS after black screen Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows helppane exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C PROGRA GOOGLE BAE dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run ISBMgr exe quot C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run MarketingTools C Program Files Sony Marketing Tools MarketingTools exe O - HKLM Run PSQLLauncher quot C Program Files Protector Suite QL launcher exe quot startup O - HKLM Run StartFw Panel fw panel exe H O - HKLM Run FirefaceTray fireface exe O - HKLM Run FirefaceMixTray firefacemix exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe nogui O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript O - HKCU Run NSUFloatingUI quot C Program Files Sony Network Utility LANU... Read more

A:Black Screen after windows login, Explorer.exe "has a virus" HELP!

Problem fixed, no need for help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363871/black-screen-after-windows-login-explorerexe-has-a-virus-help/
Relevancy 84.71%

For the past few days my HP s5503w will ask me to login. Once I do, I get awelcome screen and then it turns black. The only visible thing on the screen is the curser.

I recently ran CCleaner, McAfee Pro, and MalwareBytes to address other issues. For a moment, this worked. Then the black screen thing started to occur.

What steps can I take to address the issue and is this potentially a registry key problem?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518296/windows-7-hp-s5503w-screen-black-with-curser-after-login/
Relevancy 84.71%

I've been having this problem for many weeks now, and I haven't gotten closer to fixing it. I had to resort to borrowing a computer from a friend to use while I try to figure this out.

It's a problem similar to this one, except I can't even boot to safe mode. I have taken the RAM out one at a time and booted, but it will still stay at the black screen. I have tried reinstalling XP, and installing it on another drive to boot from there, but neither of them fixed the problem. Since I can't boot at all, I can't run HJT or those other programs that were posted in that thread.

Does anyone have any solutions? I've tried asking around to friends and other tech support sites, but none of them could help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cant-boot-to-login-hangs-at-black-screen.639668/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all I am hoping somebody can help me with this issue as I have never had problems with my Acer Aspire V - laptop before running Windows - it has always ran perfectly if login?! black screen Installed - now after Updates Windows a little noisy with the fan Anyway yesterday I saw I had a bunch of Windows Updates to install probably from Update Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?! Tuesday or whatever they call Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?! it Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?! They were some Windows security updates and the anti-spyware checker for October from what I recall I installed them and restarted my laptop when asked The reboot took longer than usual and was sat on the Windows loading screen for a long time Then the lock screen picture came up and I typed in my password as usual After thinking about it for a while Windows then decides to just show me a black screen - I can control-alt-del to Task Manager but couldn't see anything untoward happening in there - no excessive CPU usage and also ending Explorer exe and re-loading it did nothing to fix the issue I restarted thinking it was a one-off thing but it happened again - black screen after my password I was able to run Control Panel from Task Manager and uninstall the Windows Updates I had just installed but this did nothing and still I had the black screen It was then I noticed that if I leave it long enough Windows does sure enough get to the Desktop but this is far from ideal as it takes about minutes I Googled the issue as I have heard about a black screen after login problem before but there are so many differing answers it is hard to know where to start - I have tried SFC SCANNOW which did nothing I am now running a Windows Defender scan but it seems to be taking forever I also first thought quot System restore quot - as I was aware that Windows always creates restore points before installing Windows Updates But on checking in there for some reason my last restore point was months ago The laptop does seem to be acting up slightly once it has started and got to the desktop since this issue began - for instance right now my task bar is at the bottom of the screen but completely blank - nothing on it - no Start button no running apps and no system tray I can't say for definite that it was those Windows Updates that caused this issue but seems too much to be coincidence I really don't know where to begin I am at the end of my tether What could be causing this previously reliable laptop to start acting up like this Thanks for any replies

A:Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?!

same here with the Windows 10 update, same day. Next day, my laptop stalled on black screen instead of loading in a minute, like normal. I had to press power button down until shut down. Start up again, which went fine but slowly. Then Windows Modules Installer worked in background to finish install and I'm back to normal.

System Restore should make one if there has been none created in last 7 days. Be sure you have system restore turned on (see this tutorial - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8 ) or make one yourself every so often, quickly and easily, by using Brink's tutorial to add to context menu (Restore Point - Add "Create Restore Point" to Context Menu in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums ). I create my own every couple days or before any app install. Good Luck resolving.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71651-installed-windows-updates-now-black-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I used dejco's Logon Studio many times, but this last time (after an update reset my login screen) made my computer crap out. After the logon was applied, I had to shut the computer down. Windows Explorer wouldn't respond, so I did a hard shutdown. On reboot, I got the Black Screen with a visible and controllable cursor. I've disabled driver signature enforcement for development reasons. I've read across the net that it could be bad display adapter drivers conflictiong with the shell. I've tried System Restore, and I've tried restoring a backup. I also ran checkdisk as well as sfc /scannow in WinRE. CCleaner and a select few other apps from my HDD run, but the majority give me the typical subsystem-not-present error. I'm using an ubuntu live CD right now. I'd rather avoid a reinstall, as I have almost a terabyte of stuff I can't lose. How the heck do i fix this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391164-windows-black-screen-death-beore-login.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a HP Pavillion G6 - Windows 7 Home Premium

I still have warranty, and today when i start up my computer it just froze and it commanded me to go to Windows Recovery ( recommended ) it went through my files and tried to repair it and i had to system restore.

as i system restored into later save date, it said that it failed?! so i didn't know what to do there.

i tried hardware resetting and it didn't work.

also when i turned on my computer it would sometimes go to the login screen and it would say welcome for hours and hours, untill it became a black screen and it froze with the cursor..

ALSO! When i turn on my computer it would always flash or blink once on the caps lock.
So if anyone can help that would be great!

A:Alot Of Problems.. Windows 7 black screen when login. Help!

Please Help !!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239528-alot-problems-windows-7-black-screen-when-login-help.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Yesterday I installed an update for Win 8.1 (It was around 90 some mb) after I login I only get a black screen with a useless white cursor. Screensaver works fine, when I do a CNTRL/SHIFT/ESC the task manager box pops up for a few seconds and disappears. I was able to create another user account and everything works fine, but I need to get my first account working properly ASAP. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

A:Latest Windows 8.1 update - after login black screen only.

Is there a way to access all of my programs from my original administrator user account? That would work too. I set up my new user account as an administrator too. Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/46611-latest-windows-8-1-update-after-login-black-screen-only.html
Relevancy 84.71%

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4kgpRa_AZQ
This video shows pretty much what it looks like. Just installed Windows 7 on a different computer, and that's the screen I get when I turn on the computer now. CTRL+ALT+DEL does nothing, though the little buttons in the corners do work.

A:Black Login Screen, fresh Windows 7 install

Also: Booting to safe mode does not work either. Get the same screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202321-black-login-screen-fresh-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi I have an HP G laptop that has Windows Home Premium OA Since March it's showing me Black mode. Windows after screen safe even login in Seven the black screen right after I login Only the cursor is there and it's movable It all started when I installed the Win Service Pack on March Before that I would get a message that Scan Check Disc couldn't be opened because of some recent update but it would go on without any issues I thought that updating it again would fix that problem It just game Windows Seven Black screen after login even in safe mode. me more It was also black in Safe Mode I tried the System restore via the command line but failed It said that my Anti Virus Avast Free was running The oldest restore point was March It said that it failed to extract a file related to Avast I tried pulling out the Task manager be it wont open it's giving me this message I tried sfc scannow and it found did nothing I did Startup Repair Last Good known config and got the same result Help

A:Windows Seven Black screen after login even in safe mode.

UPDATE:

Safe Mode is showing/working now. I can see my destop back the background is in black.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488677/windows-seven-black-screen-after-login-even-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello folks I am not new to bleepingcomputers yes I am sometimes as guest in the background snatching some info and ideas However today I am coming as patient First of all I have to thank you geeks if allowed to name you like this for your dedication of helping people Throughout the web you are an incredible source for fighting that plaque that take often our time and sometime even more away Now to my case Some day ago my computer started with some strange behaviour Black Blue Screen) login (NOT after Screen like this some windows popped up telling me some drive letter is not supported etc the internet explorer started to do Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login some strange things I do not remember what ahh and my Toshiba power saver started doing rubbish not accepting changes My antivirus was not up-to-date and I started to install new antivirus Vipre and a collection of malware scanners Whatever has found my PC as his new nest was not amused about this and responded with interfering in to the boot procedure When starting my PC Window Start screen appears normal After selecting the user login Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login user desktop appears nicely still OK - gt the quick-start icons in Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login the right corner start to pop up one by one - gt but in the middle after seconds black screen appears and nothing goes anymore So I started in save mode and run the scanners who discovered a truckload of Trojan and some root kit crap I cleaned up but windows does not start up anymore same behaviour as described above In the malware found were some items like buouf exe and eqhff exe I can start the PC only via F - gt last version that works I looked for buouf exe and eqhff exe found them killed them but there is possibly somewhere somthing left Now I am getting some uss q s exe error window and when connecting to the internet all seconds an ad window is opening So my first aid skills are exhausted and I have to call the ambulance Thank s in advace for the quot Doctor quot andyman

A:Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login

Sorry, I forgot some more symptomes. I found in the scheduled task folder numerous tasks. After deleting them all they just build up again. Also I have to correct: the error thayt appeared is referenced to a file called ouss8q8r.exe. Furthermore, suddenly the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Icon changed (the Malwarebytes icon has been replaced by an ordinary exe icon).The system is Windows XP Home SP3.Thanksandyman

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344232/black-screen-not-blue-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 83.85%

Win Black screen on boot up before login screen I find some interesting posting in this forum Thanks for keeping this forum to help windows community I like to pick up the brain of this forum to resolved the black screen issue I am not sure whether it caused by virus I use Microsoft Security Essentials I am not able to run this in command prompt I started my laptop this morning amp login screen showed up Once I entered my login credentials I heard the sound that usually plays once a login is successful but I ended up with a black screen After this occurred I had to hold down the power button to manually shut down the computer Once I started it up again I was prompted to do a system repair which eventually ended up with all successful outcomes but login up, Win on Black boot 7: before screen? screen I now have a black screen with a cursor before the login screen now I have no idea what caused this to happen My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad Model Z GB HD GB RAM I am not able to get into safe mode or any other mode which all leads to a black screen described above Only able to use the quot Repair Your computer quot tools after pressing F during booting Under regular user login it provided Start Repair option AS I pick Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen? this option it did not find any issues Under Admin user login it provided system recovery options It is not picking up the recovery point created a while ago Windows Memory Diagnostics is not launching and shows a black screen without cursor I am able to get into command prompt I tried the following there I am not able to run cmd as admin I reviewed the past posting of this forum on this subject Windows boots to an unresponsive black screen with mouse cursor System File Checker Run sfc scannow amp analyze its logs in Windows Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker SFC exe program generates in Windows Vista Force SFC to Run in Windows Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them SFC SCANNOW showed up quot Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service I did quot net start trustedinstaller quot quot Windows Resource Protection detected pending repair restart the computer quot I ran repair options using sfc scannow offbootdir x offwindir D windows and got quot Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot I did findstr c quot SR quot windir logs cbs cbs Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen? log gt sfcdetails txt I am not able to find any SR tags in sfcdetails txt This file is empty It is puzzling me Thanks for helping

A:Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen?

From sfc /scannow command your windows is assigned D in recovery environment and perhaps %windir% is not recognized, so try the command:

Code:
findstr /c:"[SR]" D:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377395-win-7-black-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

So i was trying to extend my system partition using easeus partition manager and on restarting a black screen with movable cursor is there, no login screen. To clarify i can't access the task manager (no response) and same thing happens in safe mode.
I didn't have the windows 7 installation disc as i got this Windows pre-installed from laptop manufacturer so i used my win 10 installation disc to try and repair it. Startup repair couldn't fix anything chkdsk found nothing sfc scannow using offbootdir and offwindir did nothing. I don't have any restore points which i don't why happened because i just installed a win 7 update which created a restore point? Please suggest any solution short of repair install.

Ps i don't get last known good configuration option on boot menu only safe mode so don't suggest that
Thanks for your replies

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395567-black-screen-death-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

I am running Windows XP Professional Edition SP3 and the issue is on startup after the Windows loading animation the screen goes totally black with no cursor in sight.

This happened after a power cut when the computer suddenly shut down.

I can run it in safe mode.

I can run another Windows XP Professional installation that I have on my PC (same HDD) and that works with no issues.

I used system restore (24 hours) and it starts up after that, but then after restarting it will not work. Same applies for when I did a system restore from 1 week ago.

All help is appreciated!

Sam.

A:Black Screen on Startup (Before Login Screen)

Any thoughts before I go and format the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-startup-before-login-screen.1014355/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

Due to a power cut earlier my PC naturally shut off the way you would if you switched it off at the plug.

It brought me into the windows error recovery screen and loaded until I reached the login screen.
Upon saying "Please wait" my screen begun to flash black rapidly and wouldn't load. The monitor wasn't going off or anything, the screen was just blinking.

It still does this every time I reboot my computer, so I can't log in at all.
It also does this in all safe modes so that is out of the question too.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385514-screen-flashing-black-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I've got a fresh install of Vista x64, and when I install the Geforce drivers I'm not able to boot Windows normally. The green loading bar runs fine, but when it's over I don't get to see the login screen - it's just black. I have to enter into safe mode (which works) and uninstall the graphics driver.

The exact same thing is true for Windows XP 64-bit. But on WinXP the driver installation program caused huge lag also: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=71101

Help?

Graphics: XFX 8800 GTX
Mainboard: Asus Striker II Extreme

EDIT: Bootlog attached.

A:Black screen instead of login screen in XP AND Vista

I ran chkdsk and tried an older Nvidia driver, with no success...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-instead-of-login-screen-in-xp-and-vista.107491/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi, I have recently installed windows updates and after restart the black screen occurred after I typed my password. About five days before that I have reinstalled my Mobile Intel 4 series driver and now in Device manager it shows 3 grayed out monitors which were installed when I have reinstalled the Video driver. The monitor driver that Is currently loaded was installed when I installed the OS itself. Is it safe to remove the grayed out drivers and will this fix my problem?

Thanks!

A:Black screen with cursor after Login screen.

Hi werty,
if you delete them after you press check for hardware changes will they reappear?
if so uninstall them hard then reboot your PC you might wanna create a restore point first in case some thing wrong happens, refer to this link if you dont know how:Create a restore point

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/50029-black-screen-cursor-after-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I've got a problem with my Win install I recently bought a of instead screen + cursor screen login Black copy of Win Pro amp installed the -bit version as I intend to get more ram at some point fairly soon I installed it last weekend amp for a few days it's been running fine Then days ago when I start it up instead of Black screen + cursor instead of login screen a login screen all I have is a black screen with a cursor if I wait until the screensaver kicks in amp then move the mouse or press a key etc then I can see the login screen amp log in with no problems if I wait until the HD activity finishes amp then type in my password I can Black screen + cursor instead of login screen login fine Safe mode starts fine amp if I log in to normal mode then everything runs fine amp I don't get any other black screens At no point am I getting any errors I've run my usual AV Avira free version amp MalwareBytes Antimalware amp neither of them have come up with any issues Windows seems to be booting up fine until it gets to the login screen after the Black screen + cursor instead of login screen swirly windows screen amp it's obviously doing something as there's a normal amount of HD activity I've tried the Startup repair on the install disk to no avail I've tried post from this thread but things went a bit pear-shaped around the quot taking ownership quot bit though I've not had any errors afterwards I've tried enabling the OEM default background registry edit since it seemed straight forward enough to no avail I've even tried changing the background colours via the registry switch Hkey users default control panel colours Background from black to white The login screen is still there since I can enter my password amp get into windows it's just black on black on black which is somewhat annoying So I'm stumped since the vast majority of what google returns for combinations of quot win login screen black quot are issues where Windows goes black after loging in which isn't my problem I've also uploaded my ntbtlog though nothing really jumped out to my non-professional I'm an accountant amp probably know just enough to really screw up windows eyes Any ideas Or am I going to have to re-install windows a mere days after installing it for the first time though at least I do have everything I'd need to install afterwards saved And finally amp probably unrelated I seem to have mislaid the Search button thing on the start menu Any help with the blakc login screen would be much appreciated

A:Black screen + cursor instead of login screen

Avira, no idea why it's showing as AVG, I've not had that installed in several years (& several re-installs including a reformat)...

Edit: Though googling avgntflt.sys says that it's part of Avira.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162802-black-screen-cursor-instead-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

As I brought my computer out of sleep mode the computer had crashed with the screen showing vertical, multicolored lines that vaguely resembled gray.

I had to hard restart my computer and after the splash screen, the login screen with all the users never appears, nor does my cursor.

Nothing is on my screen except a faint glow indicating that it's active.

Could anyone help me solve this problem? I've searched on Google but all the results have something to do with the cursor displaying.

I've already tried doing a System Restore and Startup Repair.

Currently posting from Safe Mode w/ Networking.

A:Black screen before login screen, no cursor

Update: Will start in normal mode after I switched drivers to Standard VGA, however updating the driver caused it to not work again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262942-black-screen-before-login-screen-no-cursor.html
Relevancy 83.85%

This morning i installed the software for pinacale's usb tv tuner on my laptop. I was requried to reboot after the installation process completed. I got to the logon screen, logged in, and all i got was a black screen with a cursor, i then let the computer sit for 15 minutes my screen saver came on, but when i wiggled the mouse still only the curser so i hit ctrl+alt+del= nothing pressed the power button, agian nothing, pressed and help the power button for 6 seconds, the machine turned off, i let it sit for 30 seconds, turrned it back on and now it just goes straight to the black screen with a cursor. I have tried booting it in safe mode, safe mode with netwrork support, and safe mode with a command propmt all resulted in the same thing... black screen with a cursor, and after 15 minutes the screen saver comes on...............???????????????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-cursor-before-login-screen.621080/
Relevancy 83.85%

I m not certain at this point if there is some sort of conflict or if it is an infection The login screen rapidly blinks black to normal the text and video appears corrupted and nothing responds to mouse clicks or keyboard Using Windows XP Pro HP Pavilion Notebook computer Here s what I ve done so far I started by using a Norton Ghost live boot CD to backup the existing partition so any work I do can be reversed I was able to boot to safe mode and all is well I tried quot diagnostic boot quot from within msconfig which basically shuts off nearly all non essential services progs and init files This unfortunately doesn t rid me of the blinking bootup problem The computer already has AVG installed and has been running consistently even black->to->normal repeatedly login Windows blinks screen when the problem began From safe mode I tried installing and running the latest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware This found no problems Being I have a backup image I tried running combofix as this has saved me in the Windows login screen blinks black->to->normal repeatedly past Combofix complains that AVG is running Windows login screen blinks black->to->normal repeatedly in safe mode despite the fact that no avg processes show on the process list and the one AVG service listed in service manager is now disabled I tried to uninstall AVG from safe mode but the uninstaller quits with an error stating it could not make a registry key So I can t uninstall it Combofix ran anyway installed recovery console but failed to fix the blinking problem when booted normally I still don t know if this is malware or a Windows login screen blinks black->to->normal repeatedly conflict but family members claim no no software of any kind including drivers were added recently The combofix log does mention finding a file called deploytk dll but the file now appears to be removed and the blinking problem persists I d post hijack this and combofix logs but the instructions say this forum is not for HJT logs so I m not sure how you d like to proceed Again just basically want to determine if this is malware or conflict and how to fix it Thank you in advance for your time

A:Windows login screen blinks black->to->normal repeatedly

Turns out the problem is with the video ram. Running default XP "vgasave" driver works fine. Problems occur only when kicking in higher resolutions.

At this point I'll run the vender diagnostic and arrange a warranty repair.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225982/windows-login-screen-blinks-black-to-normal-repeatedly/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi has anybody come up with a solution to the issue that I currently have with Windows on a Virtual desktop The user logs in to the VM and everything looks ok until the welcome screen disappears and all they see is a black screen with a mouse pointer for up to minute Eventually the 8.1 insanely screen after login Windows black annoying delay desktop will appear black screen delay after login insanely annoying Windows 8.1 but the delay is just too long to be an acceptable delay due to the nature of it being a virtual machine every time the user logs black screen delay after login insanely annoying Windows 8.1 out the machine and local profiles are reset I have pinpointed that the problem is when the roaming profile is being cached in c users each time the user logs in which is the cause of the black screen delay If as a test I allow the profile to stay cached then the subsequent log ins are less than seconds with no black screen even when rebooting the VM however this is not an option as the VM is supposed to reset its state each time the user logs out citrix vm This is not a Citrix problem as I am testing the VM via the console on VMWare before I even deployed it to Citrix Initially I thought it was a VDA problem as it happens when deployed to Citrix however I realised it happens even when testing the master image on VSphere So it appears on the surface to be a Windows issue and from my tests it appears to have something to do with the caching of the profile to c users on login The roaming profiles are only mb in size so why it takes so darn long is black screen delay after login insanely annoying Windows 8.1 a mystery Windows VM's do not have this problem at all it appears to be a Windows issue from my testing I have tried all the tricks to black screen login issues that I have read about on google but nothing works still the same problem Insanely annoying I have taken it out of all group policies that makes no difference I've disabled services pretty much done everything I have read about Anyone have any ideas I've tried everything I can think of I don't like to be beaten by a problem but this really has gotten me now almost ready to throw the towel in Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/201ccfb8-a9d5-479e-bace-0e18c6e775fe/black-screen-delay-after-login-insanely-annoying-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 83.85%

windows 7 ultimate
intel core i5-2400
4gb ram
64bit OS

1st day, everything's fine and only installed 3 games.

2nd day, no specific error but after windows loaded what i see on the login page is black screen with a cursor [typed my password despite that and able to login] and all i see is my desktop wall paper.

3rd day, reinstalled windows 7 and after 5-7 hours had the same problem. Now i'm running on safe mode trying to solve this problem

on my device manager under other device, there's yellow triangle with exclamation sign in it on; Ethernet controller, PCI simple communication controller, SM bus controller and USB controller. Maybe my problem is caused by that? How can i solve this? I did abit research myself and found out maybe caused by registry related stuff how can i solve this?

Sorry about the question i'm a noob at computer stuff lol

A:2 days old computer on black screen error on login in windows.

Take it back to the store and get them to fix it or get a refund - if you keep it, I'd recommend taking out technical support if you are not too PC savvy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247820-2-days-old-computer-black-screen-error-login-windows.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi
I have dell inspiron Windows8 pdc laptop
After login by Microsoft account showing black screen with timet n mouse click arrow
I can move arrow. I can go to taskbar

A:dell Windows 8 laptop showing black screen after login

Please help me I m really worried I bought thislaptop last month only

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-windows-8-laptop-showing-black-screen-after-login.1135746/