BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800194CB2C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111211-18454-01.dmp
C:\Users\Venom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60481-0.sysdata.xml

I followed all the BSOD Posting instructions too, everything should be in order. Please let me know when the fix is available, I really appreciate all the help and work everyone has put in. Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen windows 7 Home Service Pack 64x

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen windows 7 Home Service Pack 64x

Quote: Originally Posted by vibasu

Basic Info about my Computer:
Windows 7 Home Service Pack x64
The original installed OS on the laptop
OEM (came pre-installed)
The laptop was first booted in August 2010
I haven't reinstalled the OS

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 00000028
BCP2: 00000002
BCP4: FFFFF8800194CB2C
C:\Windows\Minidump\111211-18454-01.dmp
C:\Users\Venom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60481-0.sysdata.xml

I followed all the BSOD Posting instructions too, everything should be in order. Please let me know when the fix is available, I really appreciate all the help and work everyone has put in. Thanks!

Blamed on Netio.sys, it usually means your malware app. I would remove McAffe and replace with Microsot Security essentials at least to test.

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

The BCC suggests
Best advice that I've seen about this error (from here: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post356791 )

Quote:
What you're looking for will be in one of the following categories:

a) BIOS bug
b) a driver whose activity is causing the target processor to lock up
c) a hardware defect (temperature, voltage, dust, RFI, outright borkedness...)

So, check the drivers
Then check the inside of the case (temperature, voltage, dust, etc).
Then run some hardware stress tests

Quote:
Try this free video stress test: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
Try this free stress test: Free Software - GIMPS

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Then try replacing parts.
Then look up the versions of your BIOS to see what changes were done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197072-problem-event-name-bluescreen-windows-7-home-service-pack-64x.html
Relevancy 88.58%

well on this website i found n icon changer n i began to use it(i never new it was for xp!) .then when i turned my computer off n then back on my folder icons were changed to a incorrupt icons it now its really pissing me off.How do i fix this problem?

A:windows vista home premium service pack 1 icons problem

Try this
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...e-rebuild.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-home-premium-service-pack-1-icons-problem-318196.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey guys Okay I've searched thoroughly for this but could not find an aswer to this problem I'm having on my laptop Config is HP Pavilion DV EA years old system Vista Home Premium OEM on it SP GB RAM I've had a BSOD twice now within the last month After the first one I had to do a complete re-install as system files were damaged I thought it must've been some virus but apparently it's not as I've done a new install and it happened again This time so far it's seems ok after the reboot though The funny thing is Vista - Home Name: on Premium Event BlueScreen Problem that the system running extremely well otherwise Problem Event Name: BlueScreen - on Vista Home Premium - there are no other problems slowdowns freezes hangs nothing like that Here's what I was doing just before the BSOD on both occasions the circumstances were EXACTLY the same -I was surfing the net with IE -other programs running in the background utorrent Total Commander Notepad As I say both times I was doing the same reading some forum in IE with exactly the same apps running in the background and then suddenly bang I could not read the bluescreen message as it moved on to the reboot too quickly The only things I caught were something like check for updates for you BIOS dumping physical memory to disk I don't know if that helps Here's the message I got after the reboot unfortunately I don't have the message or the dump from the first BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP C Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users atesz AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users atesz AppData Local Temp WER CBA tmp version txt I've attached the minidump file zipped if you guys would like to have a look at it Please let me know if you need anything else Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks very much

A:Problem Event Name: BlueScreen - on Vista Home Premium

It seems to me that the memory might be in question here or overheating. Do a memtest and let it run overnight. It will tell you if there is a problem with your memory or not.

It it is overheating, check your processor temps. You can see those in the Bios (del, f10 or f12 depending on make and model). If it is above 90 degrees, then you are running hot and it is time to get your heatsink/cooling system a thorough look through.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/problem-event-name-bluescreen-on-vista-home-premium-430298.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey guys Okay I've searched thoroughly for this but could not find an aswer to this problem I'm having on my laptop Config is HP Pavilion DV EA years old system Vista Home Premium OEM on it SP GB RAM I've had a BSOD twice now within the last Premium Name: Home BlueScreen - Vista Event Problem on month After the first one I had to do a complete re-install as system files were Problem Event Name: BlueScreen - on Vista Home Premium damaged I thought it must've been some virus but apparently it's not as I've done a new install and it happened again This time so Problem Event Name: BlueScreen - on Vista Home Premium far it's seems ok after the reboot though The funny thing is that the system running extremely well otherwise - there are no other problems slowdowns freezes hangs nothing like that Here's what I was doing just before the BSOD on both occasions the circumstances were EXACTLY the same -I was surfing the net with IE -other programs running in the background utorrent Total Commander Notepad As I say both times I was doing the same reading some forum in IE with exactly the same apps running in the background and then suddenly bang I could not read the bluescreen message as it moved on to the reboot too quickly The only things I caught were something like check for updates for you BIOS dumping physical memory to disk I don't know if that helps Here's the message I got after the reboot unfortunately I don't have the message or the dump from the first BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP C BCP C C BCP B F Ea BCP Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users atesz AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users atesz AppData Local Temp WER CBA tmp version txt I've attached the minidump file zipped if you guys would like to have a look at it Please let me know if you need anything else Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks very much

A:Problem Event Name: BlueScreen - on Vista Home Premium

Originally Posted by Trident

Hey guys,

Okay I've searched thoroughly for this but could not find an aswer to this problem I'm having on my laptop.

Config is:

HP Pavilion DV2530EA
2.1 years old system
Vista Home Premium OEM on it, SP2
2 GB RAM

I've had a BSOD twice now within the last month. After the first one, I had to do a complete re-install as system files were damaged. I thought it must've been some virus, but apparently it's not, as I've done a new install and it happened again. This time so far it's seems ok after the reboot though.

The funny thing is that the system running extremely well otherwise - there are no other problems, slowdowns, freezes, hangs, nothing like that.

Here's what I was doing just before the BSOD: (on both occasions, the circumstances were EXACTLY the same!)

-I was surfing the net with IE8
-other programs running in the background: utorrent, Total Commander, Notepad

As I say, both times I was doing the same: reading some forum in IE8 with exactly the same apps running in the background and then suddenly bang!

I could not read the bluescreen message, as it moved on to the reboot too quickly.

The only things I caught were something like:

...check for updates for you BIOS...
...dumping physical memory to disk...

I don't know if that helps.

Here's the message I got after the reboot (unfortunately I don't have the message or the dump from the first BSOD).

Problem signature:

OS Version: 6.0.6002 2.0
Locale ID: 2057

BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8C4C5830
BCP3: B9F4Ea54
BCP4: 00000000

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini110809-01.dmp
C:\Users\atesz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42744-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\atesz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2CBA.tmp.version.txt

I've attached the minidump file zipped if you guys would like to have a look at it.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks very much.

This crash was probably caused by afd.sys which is part of the TCP/IP stack built in to vista.
I would update your ntwork driver wifi/lan and run a system file check to verify and fix your system files
to run type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow

let us know the results
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini110809-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6002 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 6002.18082.x86fre.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x81a3c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x81b53c70
Debug session time: Sun Nov 8 17:31:25.920 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:14:37.888
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8c4c5830, b9f4ea54, 0}

Probably caused by : afd.sys ( afd!AfdTLReleaseIndications+20 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
************************************... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259860-problem-event-name-bluescreen-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Where do I go to dowload this Service Pack(Link Please)Cant find it at the Microsoft Site

A:Service Pack 2,Windows XP,Home

Here's the first of many to follow. Good luck. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884130

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-pack-2-windows-xp-home.261728/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Guys,

Any idea where I can download the Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 ISO file?

Regards,
YanAndrew

A:Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 ISO

FWIW:  Why would you want the SP2...when SP3 was the last SP for XP?

In any case, Microsoft has now pulled all download support for SP2 or 3 from its site.

Downloading anything stated to be be an official MS download...from any other site...would not be advised by me.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609941/windows-xp-home-edition-service-pack-2-iso/
Relevancy 79.12%

G'day,

I was told because I have a AMD processor I need a Windows Patch before I can install Service Pack 3, can anyone help me out?

Relevancy 79.12%

my son has a dell desktop and has had to reboot it, but cant get no further as i need the windows xp home edition service pack 2 cd, can afford to buy it can someone help with either where i can download it free or buy it cheap ty i need to beable to download it onto a disc and iupload it from cd onto dell pc

A:windows xp home edition service pack 2 cd

here is a site to get service pack 2 ,but why not get SP3.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition-service-pack-2-cd.954359/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello
I ran a program on my computer called PC booster and forgot to back up my settings.
Now I can't use Real player or Windows media player.Also when I try to open a folder that I have with more than 7 gb,I am sent back to the desktop without the icons.It seems that explorer with the new settings installed by PC booster cannot handle that particular folder.
If anyone knows where I can find the normal settings for windows xp home sp2,please tell me.
I have reinstalled sp2 and that doesn't seem to have made any changes.
Thanks

A:windows xp home with service pack 2 settings

You may have to reinstall. That program does a lot of damage and changes a lot of things. Try a repair before reformatting.

Repair Installation Instructions
or
How To Run A Repair Install
(How to Repair Windows XP by Installing Over top of Existing Setup)

All you do is boot from the CD. When it asks if you want to repair and to press "R", don't. Continue with the installation just like you were installing for the first time.

You will then get a license agreement and it will ask you to press F8 to agree. Right after that screen, you will see a list of Windows installations that setup found. It will ask if you want to repair it. Read the directions on that page!!!

Then, you will actually press "R" this time and XP will re-install.

When done, you will be back to your familiar desktop with everything looking just like it did before. But all your Windows Updates are gone and you will need to get those again.

If you have any problems booting from CD, set the CD to boot earlier than the hard drive in BIOS setup, or come back for more help. If you don't get the "Repair" optin to press the second "R", then your registry is too damaged for a repair and you need to restore an earlier copy of the registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-with-service-pack-2-settings.653867/
Relevancy 78.26%

I am trying to help a friend who's even more clued out than I am when it comes to tech stuff. She kept getting an error that service pack 2 needed to be reinstalled, so I went ahead and uninstalled it from her pc and rebooted, and automatic updates began the installation. Then and error appeared (not verbatim): cannot copy file cleanmgr please specify a location for this file.

I then canceled the install. What's happening? How should I proceed?

Relevancy 78.26%

I'm having trouble updating to service pack in Win x Home Pre by Dell OEM 7 Service to Pack Unable Pre x64 to 1 Windows Home update - There is another post that the problem can be solved using the log file so I have tried using the Readiness Tool and the log is as followed Quote Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Unable to update to Service Pack 1 - Windows 7 Home Pre x64 Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Unable to update to Service Pack 1 - Windows 7 Home Pre x64 Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none a f eaad d b manifest amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none a f eaad d b f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c daf f manifest x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c daf f f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c ee fc e f d manifest x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c ee fc e f d f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none f d b c f manifest amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none f d b c f f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c f ba d cf manifest x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c f ba d cf f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none d c manifest amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none d c f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none ecc d ada f manifest amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none ecc d ada f f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c adcb f e manifest x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c adcb f e Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count CBS MUM Corrupt Total count CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none a f eaad d b manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c daf f manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c ee fc e f d manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none f d b c f manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c f ba d cf manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none d c manifest winsxs manifests amd microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none ecc d ada f manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-capi -certs bf ad e none c adcb f e manifest servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum servicing packages... Read more

A:Unable to update to Service Pack 1 - Windows 7 Home Pre x64

Some steps for you that MAY help.
I suggest that you read through each one carefully.
* SFC.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

* SURT.
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

* Repair install.
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/198131-unable-update-service-pack-1-windows-7-home-pre-x64.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Recently my computer had a virus. I had to do a complete system restore. Now that I have done this I am trying to install the service pack 1 for this operating system and I get to the third step and the progress bar hardly moves. I have let it run for
up to 8 hours and no progression. I tried to install the service pack 2 but it says I need 1 first. Need lots of help on this issue please. Windows update not catching that I need this.

A:Service pack 1 for windows vista home premium

Hi,

During the Windows Vista SP1 installation, this issue occurs when a third-party application holds open a file or locks a file that the Service Pack installation program
has to use. For example, a third-party antivirus or antispyware application may cause this problem. If you are running any third-party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators (programs designed to boost the speed of the Internet connection),
security or anti-virus programs (McAfee, Norton, etc.), I recommend temporarily disabling or shutting them down during the troubleshooting process. Please be sure to re-enable them once the process has completed.

I recommend running Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool. System resources, such as file data, registry data, and even in-memory data, can develop
inconsistencies during the lifetime of the operating system. These inconsistencies can be caused by various hardware failures or software issues. In some cases, these inconsistencies can affect the Windows servicing store, and they can cause software updates
not to work. We can run Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool to resolve these inconsistencies. When Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool detects incorrect manifests, files, or registry data, it might replace the
incorrect data with a corrected version. Please follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool

1. Please download and run Reset Windows Update Tool from the link below:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683

2. Please download and run System Update Readiness Tool from the link below according to the System Type:

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 32-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2889489c-ee87-4607-8aa5-812e8078ab27&DisplayLang=en

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 64-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=14f76773-007c-493f-bece-243bc21ac73d&DisplayLang=en

3. Restart the computer and install Windows Vista SP1. Let’s reinstall
SP1 standalone installer in Clean Boot.
For your reference, I have attached these steps as below:

Step 1: Download Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone Installer
====================================================
1. Download Windows Vista SP1 from the link below according to the System Type:

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 32-bit (Size: 544.3MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f559842a-9c9b-4579-b64a-09146a0ba746&DisplayLang=en

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size: 873.0MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=86d267bd-dfcd-47cf-aa76-dc0626dcdf10&DisplayLang=en

2. Please save it on the Desktop.

Step 2: Install Windows Vista SP1 in Clean Boot Mode
=========================================
Please disable all startup items and third party services when booting to avoid conflict when installing
Vista SP1.:

1. Click "Start", type: MSCONFIG in the search box and press Enter.

Note: Please click "Continue" if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click "Services", check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click "Startup", click "Disable All", click "OK" and restart the computer.

Note: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't affect the system or other programs. We can manually run these programs later.

4. Please double click the downloaded Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone Installer and follow the instructions to install Windows
Vist... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4cb27dab-5a20-40c4-a406-53fb81606af2/service-pack-1-for-windows-vista-home-premium?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 78.26%

I d yesterday install and fully update throw my recovery CD my software after a HHD replacement with a new one Whoever occasionaly i get blue screen and reboot of the pc which is often almost always successful Whoever before a couple of hours the notebook was in stand by power condition and when i tried to activate it shows blue screen and was finally activated in the third reboot I was in the event log and it was registered a system error with in this sequence System Error TOSH d f Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters c c c f Please help its a fresh installation after years of perfect performance without any problems which would make me go to a format solution I had run a disk scan throw windows Check Disk found some security descriptions files unused and replace them and also replace an invalid entry also in security descriptions I dont know if this will be helpful nbsp

A:Windows XP Home Service pack 3 Blue Screen

Things got worst now. The problem occurs again nad again in system boot and soon after i see the Desktop screen it shut down.
I froze the auto reboot so the full BSOD is that
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,0F7440858)

NDIS.sys- Address F7440858 base at F442B000, Datestamp 48025d03

Please Help i am all day with this. Run disk check already with no solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-home-service-pack-3-blue-screen.180146/
Relevancy 78.26%

I was having trouble with the asms file but followed the instructions on a previous "solved" thread and it worked for the asms file.

However, I continued to get the request for a CD on all I386 files after that. I don't know what to do. I tried going directly to the CD through the browse option and locating the files but it just doens't want to do it.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 78.26%

Hello everybody, am a new user on this forum.

I seem to be having trouble with my operating system on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 3710 laptop. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium Serivce pack 2 which came preinstalled on the laptop when i bought it new 4 years ago. Albeit it is a little slow these days and i just did a defrag on it. But anyway, a random BSOD turned up when i was surfing the internet like i do everyday, i was also using a flash application to upload a video to Youtube. It restarted the computer, and when the windows logo comes up before the login screen fades in, it now comes up with a BSOD(Don't ask what it said, it came on and off too quick). Now running in Safe Mode with networking that runs fine. Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,
Scott

A:Windows Vista Home Premium(Service Pack 2)

In safe mode, disable "Automatic restart" in:
Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Startup and Recovery [Settings]
Untick "Automatically restart" and click 'OK'.

Now try to restart normally and when the BSOD appears it should stay up, allowing you to read it.
Post what it says on there, especially the error statement in block caps, and the BCC data below it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-home-premium-service-pack-2.1064083/
Relevancy 78.26%

It is currently stuck at 57 of 88 do I just waiT? It has been stuck for atleast 3hrs already

It is also on update shut down help please thanks

Specs
Windows 7 Home Premium x 64
Blu/Ray Dvd Writer
Intel i5-45670K
Asus- Z87A
8GB Ram
Corsair H55 Cooling
120 SSD
500 HDD
625 PS

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 1st Update

Yeyo mate go do a system restore after making note of that update and then check the updates to load and hide that particular one for the time being.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/301363-windows-7-home-premium-service-pack-1-1st-update.html
Relevancy 78.26%

i am having problems with windows xp i cant watch any video message it starts then stops i also cant get any updates from microsoft i have tried installing windows xp again but it just stays on blank page with cursor in top corner i want to uninstall all of my windows xp then reinstall it i cant uninstall because cant find windows xp in control panel i am very new to this so i know i am doing something wrong please help

Relevancy 77.83%

I recently updated my laptop from Windows XP to Windows 7. Ever since I did the upgrade, I am having a problem with my laptop shutting off by itself and restarting. Below is the information from the error code that pops up after it restarts.

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 19
BCP1: 00000020
BCP2: 8540D000
BCP3: 8540D300
BCP4: 08600000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0

C:\Windows\Minidump\073010-29577-01.dmp
C:\Users\JRaeLaptop\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-49857-0.sysdata.xml

Any help would be fantastic!

A:Windows 7 Problem Event Name Bluescreen

Hi -

Hi Bugcheck 0x19 = bad pool header

If all was OK under XP, it is likely a driver is causing the problem.

If you can log into Windows, follow these instructions -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-problem-event-name-bluescreen-502054.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello everyone I bought my acer aspire G G MN laptop two months ago The Event Windows 7 Problem - BlueScreen Name OS is Windows -bit Home Premium The last days it has crashed about times I haven't realised what Windows 7 - Problem Event Name BlueScreen causes the problem Suddenly a blue screen appears but I don't have Windows 7 - Problem Event Name BlueScreen the time to read Windows 7 - Problem Event Name BlueScreen it Then the screen goes black and nothing happens I have to press the power button for some seconds for it to shut down When I turn it on again there is this message Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP FFFFF BD A BCP BCP BCP FFFFF F C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users mariana AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt The dmp file is attached Also when I try to turn it on again sometimes it doesn't turn on I press the power button the light of power turns on and nothing I have to press it again and again The last time I had to try times before it finally turned on I'd appreciate it if you could help me Thanks for your time

A:Windows 7 - Problem Event Name BlueScreen

Quote: Originally Posted by mariana

Hello everyone,

I bought my acer aspire 5739G(744G50MN) laptop two months ago. The OS is Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. The last 10 days it has crashed about 10 times. I haven't realised what causes the problem. Suddenly a blue screen appears but I don't have the time to read it. Then the screen goes black and nothing happens. I have to press the power button for some seconds for it to shut down. When I turn it on again there is this message

Problem signature:
Locale ID: 1032

BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFF88006BD5A80
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF88003F9C025

C:\Windows\Minidump\011410-22885-01.dmp
C:\Users\mariana\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-39296-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The dmp file is attached.

Also, when I try to turn it on again, sometimes, it doesn't turn on. I press the power button, the light of power turns on and...nothing. I have to press it again and again. The last time I had to try 10 times before it finally turned on.

I'd appreciate it if you could help me!
Thanks for your time!

Hi and welcome Mariana

This one was caused by a bad driver but the memory was corrupted before it was recorded. If you have the other dmp files we could use them to narrow the focus.

In the mean time I would
run a system file check to verify and repair your system files
type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>dfc /scannow

If you are overclocking STOP
If you have a raid update its driver
Hope this helps
Ken J+

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\011410-22885-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03007000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03244e50
Debug session time: Thu Jan 14 04:52:40.091 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:06.995
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.
.Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.
..Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.
* Bugcheck Analysis ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/55464-windows-7-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I got a problem w/ Fraps 3.5.9. Today, I was going to record some gameplay with Fraps. I booted up the game, booted up Fraps, and got ready. It looked as if everything was normal, but here's the catch. I hit the "F9" key and normally, the overlay would've gone red but it didn't. . I tried changing the key but it still didn't work. Please can someone reply ASAP . Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 - Fraps 3.5.9 not capturing

Has this problem been an issue in the past or has it just presented it's self today?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-home-premium-service-pack-1-fraps-3-5-9-not-capturing-697783.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Dear tech Guys/Fans/People/Staff

Ok i just formated and installed the regular Windows Xp Home edition that came with my PC!! Now i went to windows update and installed all the updates!! but i did not see the service pack 1 in there!!!!!!! WTF! DO does XP home edition already come with the service pack 1.! and how can i check if i have the Service pack 1 already!! and also!! where else can i get the service pack 1 if i dont have it?????????? Please answer this to the best of your ability! results will follow!!!!! thanks for your time
Hypnotic

A:Serious!!! No Joke Question!! Its about the Service pack for Windows XP Home edition!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-no-joke-question-its-about-the-service-pack-for-windows-xp-home-edition.236596/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I'm just posting to see if anyone can help as another forum didn't reply to my post I suffered a blue screen on my windows machine after trying to adjust the screen resoluton back to fit the pc monitor after successfully using a tv as a monitor via hdmi cable After the blue screen occured the pc shut itself down and tried to restart but stayed in restart mode black screen I eventually tried to restore to earlier point but this was unsuccessful however windows loaded with problems such as crashing BEX error and Iexplorer file probs My problem is that I never captured the error code related to the blue screen and I also do not have any 'dumps' 7 1, service premium, screen home Blue issue, pack windows bit. 64 from although there are dumps from other years which could help find the cause of the bluescreen So I am just wondering if anyone can help due to me not having any info If not will a factory restore be the best option Thanks in advance Boop

A:Blue screen issue, windows 7 home premium, service pack 1, 64 bit.

There aren't many BSOD experts out there, so it often takes time for us to catch up.In my case, I start to panic when I get 2 days behind. Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619043/blue-screen-issue-windows-7-home-premium-service-pack-1-64-bit/
Relevancy 76.97%

Trying to do a repair Pack The Edition File CD 'asms' Windows Service is needed Home XP 1 on re-install of Windows XP Home Edition I get through the loading of files and into the first installation window of Windows XP and then get the system windows asking for The File The File 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 CD is needed ASMS on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack CD is needed Type the path where the The File 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 CD is needed file is located and then click OK B The text in the path text box is GLOBALROOT DEVICE CDROM I The ASMS file directory is in the st level directory of I on the CD This is The File 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 CD is needed also a valid OEM CD with the Hologram The system has two CD drives one is a CD drive and the other is a DVD CD RW drive It seems it is not communicating with the drive properly Basically I ve tried to do it about any way I can think of Even tried using each of the CD drives I m running out of ideas and really don t want to lose the not backed up data on the HD with a full re-install of Windows Any thoughts ideas suggestions etc Would be very grateful for any input The machine is not communicating with the CD-ROM When the above error message appears I type Shift F to enter a command session Type regedit exe at the prompt Highlight the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE entry Go to the File menu and choose Load Hive Then load Windir System Config System sav and gave it a name as quot Test quot Then I try to find this key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Test ControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE BUT I DON T HAVE quot SET quot AND I DO HAVE SET AND SET Delete UPPERFILTERS and LOWERFILTERS keys I DELETED THESE FILTERS BEFORE I TRIED ATTEMPTING THE REPAIR Do the same for ControlSet and any other numbered ControlSet keys you see Exit regedit Please help Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-file-asms-on-windows-xp-home-edition-service-pack-1-cd-is-needed.756465/
Relevancy 76.97%

Like many others, I have lost the sound on my computer. This happened after I unplugged my speakers to have them repaired and when I plugged in new speakers the sound didn't work. I can't figure out how to get it back. I have a Unimodem Half Duplex Audio device, SoftV92 Voice Modem with SmartCP, Audio codecs, Legacy Audio drivers, Legacy Video capture devices, Media control devices, video codecs. In the Device Manager there are big yellow question marks beside Multimedia Audio Controller and Parallel Device. The comment related to both of these says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)." When I try to update the driver for each of these, the computer tells me that there is nothing installed. Don't have a clue how to fix this or where to even start. Can anyone help? I have attached information from Belarc Advisor about my system.ThanksCarol

A:No sound on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

When I try to update the driver for each of these, the computer tells me that there is nothing installedYou have to go to your computer manufacturer site and download necessary driver(s) from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373732/no-sound-on-windows-xp-home-edition-service-pack-3-build-2600/
Relevancy 76.97%

Clean install windows home premium will not update after service pack 1

Tried the current ISO that includes sp1 tried the Microsoft update repair tool it fixed some errors but could not fix 0x80070057

Formatted again and used a Microsoft disk without sp1 put the updates on all fine till sp1 then no updates.
Removed sp1 update working again found optional updates and sp1
Installed sp1 again then no updates

A:Clean install windows home premium will not update after service pack

Forgot to say it's the 64bit version the problem dose not occur on the 32bit version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375706-clean-install-windows-home-premium-will-not-update-after-service-pack.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am having problems with my Windows update system on my Windows XP Home service pack operating system I noticed that my PC would not shut down getting stuck at the final blue screen quot Windows is Shutting Down quot thus necessitating having to power it off Working OS Update Windows 2 MyXP Automatic Not On Home service pack manually I tried to open the Automatic Updates form Windows Automatic Update Not Working On MyXP Home service pack 2 OS but nothing happened On selecting the Windows Update web page Internet Explorer froze necessitating having to shut it down using CTRL ALT DEL On searching the internet I found a site http www amset info windows auto-updates asp with batch files which restore repair and reinstall the Windows Automatic Update system On running the re-install batch file Windows Update was uninstalled as it did not appear in Windows Services Services msc list I ran the re-install batch file again Windows Automatic Update was re-installed and started as it now showed in Services msc list as started On clicking on Windows Automatic Updates icon the form opened up showing Automatic Download selected for hrs each day My PC now shut down properly and thus powered down automatically I could now open up the Windows Update home page and run an analysis of what patches need to be downloaded On trying to load and install the patches a dialog box came up saying downloading updates comprising a total size of about MB I have mb broadband so the process should be quick After about mins nothing appeared to be happening and the dialog box still looked the same Thus I shut down the process using CTRL ALT DEL Having done this I could no longer open up Windows Automatic Update form nor could access the Windows Update home URL This necessitates going through the re-install process again using the batch file Something is stopping the downloading and installing of updates from the Windows Update site Has anyone encountered this issue and found a cure Is it some sort of malware I have noticed that the UDP always tries to access my PC on logging on yet is blocked by my firewall Is this something to do with the XP update process Is an XP Home repair installation the way to go Sometimes after re-installation of Windows Automatic update the yellow update shield appears in the system icon tray however it seems to be stuck again which correlates with the above findings nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update-not-working-on-myxp-home-service-pack-2-os.528173/
Relevancy 76.11%

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
BCP2: 88B22487
BCP3: AF1A075C
Product: 256_1
C:\Windows\Minidump\091011-33390-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kevin Daley\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-147937-0.sysdata.xml
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

A:Blue Screen on Windows 7 Problem Event Name:BlueScreen

Quote: Originally Posted by kevind1234

Problem signature:
BCP2: 88B22487
BCP3: AF1A075C
C:\Windows\Minidump\091011-33390-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kevin Daley\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-147937-0.sysdata.xml

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/185836-blue-screen-windows-7-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 76.11%

New desktop built by my son the engineering student who is now too busy to assist me in resolving this problem Computer has been used for months Saturday Oct Windows would not open Saw flash of a blue screen in the opening sequence but not long enough to read anything displayed on it Then message quot Windows failed to start A Event 7 Problem open to - BlueScreen failed Windows Name: recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot I ran Startup Repair No problems diagnosed nothing repaired problem not resolved I ran a System Restore - only one restore point available September Computer returned message that system was restored problem remained I am able Windows 7 failed to open - Problem Event Name: BlueScreen to open Windows in Safe Mode No Windows 7 failed to open - Problem Event Name: BlueScreen diagnostic or repair tools available have resolved the problem In Safe Mode I was returned this result Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF E BCP FFFFF FE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Windows 7 failed to open - Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Kim AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows I am attaching the two files that describe the problem If you need more information from me let me know I'm sitting here with my functioning laptop and non-functioning laptop awaiting assistance Thank you Computer Specs Windows Ultimate x Pentium Dual Core CPU E GHz GB RAM Gigabyte G MT-S P motherboard Thank you Kim

A:Windows 7 failed to open - Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Quote: Originally Posted by Kim0158

New desktop built by my son the engineering student who is now too busy to assist me in resolving this problem. Computer has been used for 2 months. Saturday, Oct. 1, 2011, Windows would not open. Saw flash of a blue screen in the opening sequence, but not long enough to read anything displayed on it. Then message, "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause."

I ran Startup Repair. No problems diagnosed; nothing repaired; problem not resolved.

I ran a System Restore - only one restore point available: September 29, 2011. Computer returned message that system was restored; problem remained.

I am able to open Windows 7 in Safe Mode. No diagnostic or repair tools available have resolved the problem.

In Safe Mode, I was returned this result:Problem signature:

BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800494E081
BCP3: FFFFF880031FE860
BCP4: 0000000000000000

C:\Windows\Minidump\100611-11481-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-21606-0.sysdata.xml

I am attaching the two files that describe the problem. If you need more information from me, let me know. I'm sitting here with my functioning laptop and non-functioning laptop awaiting assistance. Thank you.

Computer Specs: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Pentium Dual Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20 GHz; 4 GB RAM; Gigabyte G41MT-S2P motherboard;

Thank you.
Kim

These were caused by a memory exception. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows beca... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190380-windows-7-failed-open-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I updated my windows 2000 service pack on my backup CAD station several months ago. After the update I go the blue screen of death just as windows is about to start. The first error message is
STOP 0x0000001E (0xc0000005,0x804d87d4,0x00000000,0x210032ec)
Kmode_exception_not_handled
address 804d87d4 base at 804000000
date stamp 3975dfdf - ntoskrnl.exe

I can not start in safe mode or any mode without going to the blue screen. Now the blue screen just flashes up and the computer immediately restarts.

Where do I start?

A:win2000 service pack update leads to bluescreen ntoskrnl error

any useful help here
http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294690
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBD/tip1800/rh1897.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-service-pack-update-leads-to-bluescreen-ntoskrnl-error.271885/
Relevancy 76.11%

Trying to do a repair re-install of Windows XP Home Edition I get through the loading of files and into the first installation window of Windows XP after the st XP is Pack 1 Service on CD File Edition Windows 'asms' needed The Solved: Home restart and then get the system windows asking for The File ASMS on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack CD is needed Type the path where the file is located and then click OK B The text in the path text box is GLOBALROOT DEVICE CDROM I The ASMS file directory is in the st level directory of I on the CD This is also a valid OEM CD with the Hologram The system has two CD drives Solved: The File 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 CD is needed one is a CD drive and the other is a DVD CD RW drive It seems it is not communicating with the drive Solved: The File 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 CD is needed properly I ve tried D I E I amp F I Basically I ve tried to do it about any way I can think of Even tried using each of the CD drives I m running out of ideas and really don t want to lose the not backed up data on the HD with a full re-install of Windows Any thoughts ideas suggestions etc Would be very grateful for any input nbsp

A:Solved: The File 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 CD is needed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-file-asms-on-windows-xp-home-edition-service-pack-1-cd-is-needed.298925/
Relevancy 75.68%

Just bought new never used factory fresh PC Acer AXC- -UR Windows Service Pack manufacrtured this year I checked updates? but 1 7 service in shows Factory pack Service Windows pack for latest updates and sure enough Service Pack shows up in Factory Windows 7 Service pack 1 but service pack shows in updates? updates Windows Service Pack for x -based Systems KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important Windows Service Pack is Factory Windows 7 Service pack 1 but service pack shows in updates? a recommended collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update The service pack can help make your computer safer and more reliable A typical installation will take about minutes to complete and you will have to restart your computer about halfway through the process This is a brand new PC that was loaded with factory Windows SP so what is going on here Can I simply ignore the update My only concern is that somehow MS updates will is considering Windows outdated and that I will receive no more updates since the Service Pack is showing up in the update section How the heck is the possible with a factory image One other thing that might help is that before I could check for any new updates Windows said I required a update to windows update I Did this update before finding the lastest updates Also many updates are post cut off date for Windows SP so it did show updates until December I guess I will find out it Windows will continue to supply new updates this coming Tuesday Should I just send this PC back or try something first to correct the problem Thanks

A:Factory Windows 7 Service pack 1 but service pack shows in updates?

See this thread.

Fresh reinstall 7SP1 first run WU offers KB976932 (9.1 mb) WTH????

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357914-factory-windows-7-service-pack-1-but-service-pack-shows-updates.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer -Gwen Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA BCP FFFFF BCP FFFFFA A A C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Shoganai AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows BlueScreen [moved Name: Windows - 7] BSOD from Problem Vista/ Event If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I continue to get this problem after bringing the computer out of sleep hybernation sometimes it is accompanied by a message that says windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown Problem Event Name: BlueScreen - BSOD [moved from Vista/ Windows 7] The pc also doesn't seem to be able to go through a normal shut down just continues to show the quot windows is shutting down quot amp wheel keeps rolling Microsoft gave me this when looking for solutions app content a uiLinkSubtle display none app content a UIImageBlock ICON Image display none bootloader Zvucx height px OS - Vista Windows Home Premium - YES x -based PC What was original installed OS on system - Not sure how to find this Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system - YES Age of system hardware - Less than a year Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - Problem Event Name: BlueScreen - BSOD [moved from Vista/ Windows 7] NO I have not re-installed the OS CPU - Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Video Card - Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator HD MotherBoard - Not sure how to find this Power Supply - brand amp wattage - Came with system from Dell

A:Problem Event Name: BlueScreen - BSOD [moved from Vista/ Windows 7]

Hi -

1. Update netorking drivers -

Code:
Rt64win7.sys Thu Aug 20 12:05:06 2009 (4A8D7432)
NETw5s64.sys Tue Sep 15 15:40:39 2009 (4AAFEDB7)

Driver Reference Table - sysnative.com
Driver Reference Table - sysnative.com

2. Remove NIS/ N360 - NIS/ N360 Removal - sysnative.com - MVP

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier -- Driver Verifier - sysnative.com

Windbg Logs
--> http://sysnative.com/bsod2011/jcgrif..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://sysnative.com/bsod2011/jcgrif...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Wed Feb 2 00:33:02.511 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 1 days 8:12:16.193
Probably caused by : cdrom.sys
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_IMAGE_cdrom.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04947060 fffff800`05140518 fffffa80`0a2a9c10
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Jan 28 02:20:07.262 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:35:12.854
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04941060 fffff800`00b9c518 fffffa80`0a3d5810
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Jan 27 13:48:17.493 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:17:45.711
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04922680 fffff800`00b9c518 fffffa80`043541d0
Debug session time: Thu Jan 27 01:47:24.857 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 6 days 11:36:13.074
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`08aef270 fffff800`05142518 fffffa80`0923d9b0

by jcgriff2

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Griffith

www.sysnative.com

www.jcgriff2.com

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/problem-event-name-bluescreen-bsod-moved-from-vista-windows-7-a-548062.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Every time I try to download SP2 the computer restarts during the installation, specifically when its making backup files. I got this error signature after the computer rebooted:

Error signature
BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : FFB5A000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : FFB35EB5
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 768_1

I have a Widows XP Home edition. any suggestions?

Relevancy 74.39%

i'm trying to do a system recovery on my older dell laptop that won't start. the following link from microsoft only has the setup disks for service pack 1 and 2. where do i download the one for service pack 3? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994

A:Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3 Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Install?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/slipstreaming-windows-xp-to-create-bootable-cd/Please read the tutorial above from BC tutorials -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423365/windows-xp-home-edition-with-service-pack-3-utility-setup-disks-for-floppy-boot-install/
Relevancy 72.24%

hello all,

i have a problem with downloading and installing the windows 7 service pack 1. After installing i get always a message that the installation failed. Sometimes the path isn't found, sometimes i get another error message (like this one: fout 800B0100)
Here can you find a log file: ReportingEvents.log downloaden

i already tried: System Update Readiness Tool, but this didn't work
i also downloaded and tried to install manually the service pack 1 ( KB2647753) but this also didn't work

A:Windows 7 service pack 1 problem

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/296984-windows-7-service-pack-1-problem.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have updated windowsXP with the Service pack 2 and now I am getting two error messages one is an explorer.exe error it says installed at 0x010055a8 and is referred to in memory at 0x00000000 and the other error is windows\system32\firewall.cpl
the computer is very sluggish

Relevancy 72.24%

I currently have windows xp service pack 1a on my pc. I got service pack 3 from a disc a gaming magazine gives away (NAG), and i installed it on my pc, after i installed it everytime i try to install a new program or try to open some it looks like my pc goes into sleep mode(it sort of shuts off without shutting off, you know?!). So anyway i uninstalled it and downloaded service pack2 from "www.soft32.com" and installed it, does the same thing so i'm thinking will it solve the problem if i download service pack 2 from microsoft directly? Please help!

A:Windows Xp service pack 2 problem

and welcome to the Forum

It's always best to get updates and service packs from M/S . . I'd go to SP3 and see if the behaviour continues

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-service-pack-2-problem-383958.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Pack Windows problem. 3 Service I am new here and would like some help regarding the windows sp I recently lost sound suddenly after an adware antivirus got into my system i dleted it but there was no sound over the internet only on itunes etc I'm not good with computers so my last resort was a system restore I did that I got the sound back I think but Windows Service Pack 3 problem. no internet so I was thinking something on the update must have been rolledback to so I let windows update it I Windows Service Pack 3 problem. reboot and I noticed at the black screen where you see quot windows xp quot loading screen It was very laggy It took mins for it to go to the login screen which took me mins to login and mins to load everything I didn't know what's wrong till I looked back on what I did and I noticed that I upgraded from sp to sp I don't think its compatible or I just did something wrong before updating it from sp I'm using a Dell Dimension Windows SP now and Windows XP Professional I tried to uninstall it but it would just lay there and not uninstall while I tried to uninstall some programs It uninstalled within minutes I don't have the Windows XP C D I don't know what to do anymore If anyone can help please thanks in advance If you would like some more info on my specs or anything I'll try and get them for you might take awhile because of my lag problem sorry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-service-pack-3-problem-494738.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I successfully installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 and rebooted my computer. Whenever I try to start Internet Explorer, the window for it opens then closes immediately. The same is true for AOL Instant messanger. I'm running Norton Antivirus software and the subscription has expired. Could this be the reason for my problem or is there something else I need to do?

A:Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem

The best anti-virus that I have found is 'Avast' and it constantly is updating itself and the price is right, its free. I have two internets that I use one costs
4.95 and the other is 5.95. With unlimited use, no banners called Access4Less
All2Easy. I also have a program that I run to get rid of the messenger service.
http://www.avast.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-service-pack-2-problem.302765/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have recently run into trouble with my computer from downloading the latest microsoft service pack After Windows pack XP problem service I downloaded Windows XP service pack problem it Windows XP service pack problem it on and restarted my computer I got a BSOD before windows could load up The stop codes were x E x x c b xb c b xb c fb I decided to try and do a repair of my windows xp Windows XP service pack problem from the xp cd and it seemed to be working fine The repair completed and when my computer loaded up it went right into the windows xp setup screen It was running through the setup and when it got to about of the way through I got a windows logo testing warning This warning said that my Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C has not passed the windows logo testing and propted me to either continue its instillation or not I clicked yes and was prompted again with the same warning only this time it was for the A USB controller Again I clicked yes I was then prompted a third time with the same warning but for the USB Universal Host Controller - This is where I get stuck because my mouse and keyboard are disabled and I have no way of continuing I would like to avoid doing a full install of windows because I have some very important files that have not been backed up Is there anyway of bypassing this warning The computer I am using is a self built computer with an ASUS P k WS motherboard and an Intell E CPU and is loaded with Windows XP professional edition

A:Windows XP service pack problem

Hi JTHM4

Are you using a USB or PS/2 keyboard? Whichever one you are using, try the other.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-service-pack-problem-423173.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello, I have a problem and do not know how to fix it. I have updated to service pack 4 for Windows 2000. After this was done I can no longer open My Computer, My documents and anything else to do with the OS. I have programs on my desktop that open just fine, however any folders I have will not open also. When i click on My Computer the screen flashes to a blue screen and then back to the regular destop. Please Help!!! Thanks

Relevancy 71.38%

Hai this is rajiv. I am using dual os in a system such that windows xp-sp3 & red hat linux 5. I can run the linux os normally. But in windows xp i coundn't get graphical user interface(gui) and before that i coun't get welcome screen for switching user. I am facing problem at initial stage of booting. First of all, After select the windows os in GRUP,which was loading continuously in the same page for 7 or 8 hours. When ever i trying to insert new windows xp booting CD to install another one os, which was not responding to that. Finally, what i need is, i want to access the data and files, which are present in windows xp, hence, how can i recover that data. Please help me to recover data and solve the problem of loading. Thank you in advance.

Regards
Rajiv.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-problem-in-windows-xp-service-pack-3-a-332132.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi All,

I am new in this forum.

While install Windows XP Service Pack 2, I had got some problem. Some of the PCs will hang while "Perform Cleaning Up" process. Try Ctrl+Alt+Del can terminate the process, but I think it is not a good way. Did anyone know that it was Service Pack 2 common issue or hardware / software problem? And is there any solution can fix it out?

Many thanks,
Dijon

A:Windows XP Service Pack 2 installation problem.

So you stoped the service pack from doing a cleanup prosess. This does not clean you computer it cleans up what items its used during the prosess. If you just install the Service Pack again it will not affect your computer apart from making it run better. it will NOT affect your files or how you run it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-service-pack-2-installation-problem-147394.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello everyone I had Windows Vista Service Pack installed and Problem Windows Service Pack Vista 2 windows update wanted me to install Service Pack When installing using windows update I was getting error code D To get past this I downloaded Service Pack onto my desktop and installed Everything worked fine the computer rebooted showing Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Problem that it was installing the steps required The computer came up and I went to the Control Panel gt gt System and it still said Service Pack A few minutes later the automatic update wanted me to install service pack again So I did Each time it was successful I reboot and the system still says service pack even though my install history shows it installed service pack successfully I tried the downloaded install from the desktop again and it comes up with a message that service pack is already installed I tried the winver program and it shows service pack I have looked on the internet for several hours now to find a solution and nothing appears Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Problem

johndchristmas,
Welcome to TSG,
Have a look at Steps 1 & 2 posted by Meghmala here;
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/windows-update-hangs-when-installing-fixes/072d8971-0dd8-424a-9d90-3170facb9bd9
Then try running the SP2 update again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-service-pack-2-problem.1052134/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi problem Windows pack 7 service update 1 guys I have a problem for a while now i cant install sp update for windows I have windows x Ultimate I tried running System Update Readiness tool and SFC scan but nothing seems to work I would re-install the windows but my DvD rom doesn't work I even tried making an Image of windows with service pack on my laptop to try and update my pc via that image file but Windows 7 service pack 1 update problem it wont upgrade I really dont know what to do any way i can fix this or is there some other way i can install my windows without using a Windows 7 service pack 1 update problem dvd rom Here is the log from System Update Readiness Tool Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check x winsxs Manifests amd f f fd e ff b e ea bf ad e none bdc c manifest amd f f fd e ff b e ea bf ad e none bdc c f CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check x winsxs Manifests amd de e fe f d a ac aa bf ad e none ab f manifest amd de e fe f d a ac aa bf ad e none ab f f CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check x winsxs Manifests amd e d ac ef d d f b bf ad e none e bf cd ba manifest amd e d ac ef d d f b bf ad e none e bf cd ba f CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check x winsxs Manifests amd f acd b b b ae a bf ad e none ff aef b manifest amd f acd b b b ae a bf ad e none ff aef b Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check Total count CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files winsxs manifests amd f f fd e ff b e ea bf ad e none bdc c manifest winsxs manifests amd de e fe f d a ac aa bf ad e none ab f manifest winsxs manifests amd e d ac ef d d f b bf ad e none e bf cd ba manifest winsxs manifests amd f acd b b b ae a bf ad e none ff aef b manifest servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 service pack 1 update problem

How much space do you have left on your hard disk?

SP1 is quite greedy and requires at least 5G of free space before it even entertains the idea of installing it.

Ad

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/208735-windows-7-service-pack-1-update-problem.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have been trying to install Windows SP3, but it goes through the entire process, and finally tells me that access is denied. My computer has also been running slowly, and I have been getting more and more popups recently. Could this be malware related?
I have attached an HJT log to the thread.

A:Solved: Windows Service Pack 3 Problem+HJT Log

Are you running Limewire?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-service-pack-3-problem-hjt-log.746022/
Relevancy 71.38%

Okay, i am so tired of not being able to install sp2 on my pc. i have called microsoft a zillion times and i have tried running these:
regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wuweb.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wups2.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wups.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wucltui.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wuaueng1.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wuaueng.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wuapi.dll
and restarting my pc. didn't work... i still get "service pack 2 setup error: unable to read from or write to the database" error? does anyone have any ideas that might help me out?? i would GREATLY appreciate it!!! thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-service-pack-2-installation-problem.629174/
Relevancy 71.38%

Help with Windows xp profesional service pack I have a big problem I have allready pack xp 2 profesional big service problem Windows computer with Windows xp profesional service pack installed Then I got the cd with xp service pack it was not a original I think and try to install it I choose the recomended option upgrade It was all Windows xp profesional service pack 2 big problem fine intill an problem on sp install on instaling windows my computer reboted then a message say SETUP IS BEING RESTARTED in couple of minuts a window popup called HARDWARE INSTALATION out asking me yes Windows xp profesional service pack 2 big problem or no I tried both option Windows xp profesional service pack 2 big problem I got window pop two more time then instalation freezes Her is a picture of it - if I tap esc the instalation stops and I get a fatal error but starts again next time when I started pc and so on and on I tried to get in my pc with safe mode no luck I want to get rid of that xp failed instalation and continue using my pc Please help nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

I just finished the service pack 1 install and my screen in frozen. I'm using my second junk computer with xp to write, THE-WAZ

A:Re: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installation problem

I moved your post to it's own thread.

Where is the screen frozen at? Was the computer able to successfully boot fully into Windows before freezing?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/re-windows-7-service-pack-1-installation-problem-577315.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Went to Windows Update Page and clicked on 'Express'. Message said Error Number 0x80072EE2'. Tried a solution then clicked on 'Express' again. This time installation process started but after just 19% of download/installation and for the next 20 minutes or so nothing happened. So I cancelled the process. Turned off McAfee Firewall and tried again. This time download and installation went a bit further but at a point which said 'Running processes after installation' nothing happened for yet another 20 minutes or so. So I cancelled again. What's going on ?

Relevancy 71.38%

dont know if this is right place to problem pack service windows vista help!! 1 put this but here goes nothing right i have had this problem on going for many years but i just put up with it but i have tryed absolutely everything all the tips on the internet the problem is when i try to install sp on windows update it does it in like seconds i check the install history its there but it hasnt done it properly i have tryed all the methods on the web about shuting spy ware down and defraging harddrive and using the standalone manuall sp download doing it manually looked promasing but it got the config updates and went blue screen of death so i dont know what to do any moreee please could some one explain simply so i can understand how to fix this problem or even controll my computer and fix it for me would be a great help as im not very good with computer oh tho i do try lol windows vista service pack 1 problem help!! and i havnt got money to pay for any software or anything like this so please can some help me out please thanks Jacob brooks

A:windows vista service pack 1 problem help!!

What does the blue screen say? Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/302798-windows-vista-service-pack-1-problem-help.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I m not a IT savvy person and I ve - XP Home Service Pack HELP PLS 2 some problem with my laptop My laptop is running on windows xp home edn Two days ago I did a windows update and it prompt me of critical update to download the Service Pack and so PLS HELP - XP Home Service Pack 2 I did Since then I was not able to surf internet although I was receiving excellent signal from my modem Also upon downloading the Service Pack my antivirus system keeps prompting me message such as - conflicts of firewall b w windows xp amp my antivirus firewall - also it prompt me that some of the windows system such as i explore and few others that I couldn t really recall the names are trying to connect to internet to get an updates Is it because of these updates that my laptop battery running low very fast I read one of your post in on how to remove the Service Pack if I were to do it will it solve my problem Appreciate your advice Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pls-help-xp-home-service-pack-2.453341/
Relevancy 71.38%

I m not too up-to-speed on a lot of computer issues but I XP Service for Home 2 Pack know there is a Service Pack for XP available that is supposed to fix a lot of things I d heard that a lot of people who installed it have run into real problems this from a technical forum on a radio talk show here in LA Since I didn t think I could bail myself out of any new problems and since I didn t seem to have any existing problems I haven t ventured into loading it Now I m having problems with spyware and ads Service Pack 2 for XP Home popping up all over the place so have started to rethink this at least to the point of getting some real information from real people who have done it What do you recommend P S I have used Panda ActiveScan TrendMicro HouseCall Spybot Search amp Destroy Ad-Aware and Norton in my attempts to clean up whatever s wrong with the spyware stuff and have posted a HiJack Log in the other forum - so that s really a different issue than the SP yes no question I d like to ask here Thanks for your input

A:Service Pack 2 for XP Home

a conditional YES from me, dazedandconfusedfrom one who has installed & uninstalled and installed again.You should wait until you get the "clean log" from here.Then install it & once you do, there are about a dozen more updates after it.Thats why.winXP just keeps on being exploited and Microsoftjust keeps on patching it.Be prepared first.SP2 does a significant amount of changing to your system.So, back up your data first.Just burn to CD your files.Include those that you have added, like pictures, music, documents, IE favorites, basically any that are not operating system files or installed programs.The programs you have installed...if they were downloaded from the internet, save the download files.That way you can install then again, or update them if that is appropriate,and they need not be installed when you first update the Windows XPIf from CD, locate them (just in case)The problems you might find will beinvolving older versions of programs that aren't compatible with the newerupdates.Information can be found HEREIt might not hurt to (after you are clean & additional recommendations are understood)uninstall programs that might best be re-installed after you make the upgrade.Specific details are kinda hard to pin down, butsome CD-Burning software has been problematic, andNorton Systemworks/Anti-spyware has also.Hope you can take it a step at a time andmeet with the success that many are when making the change.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/11001/service-pack-2-for-xp-home/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:HELP need to solve this problem asap - Unable to start event viewer/event log service

Fire up regedit and find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

With "Eventlog" highlighted on the left pane, you should be able to see a value called "ImagePath" on the right. ImagePath should be equal to this:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted

If you can't see "ImagePath" in that location, or if it's not set to the text above, that's almost certainly your problem. If you're in the habit of using "registry cleaners", that might be the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223413-help-need-solve-problem-asap-unable-start-event-viewer-event-log-service.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey Techguys, for the sake of not repeating my problem here is a link with my exact problem: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/721037-what-fxsapi-dll.html.

Unfortunately, the post was never rectified and I am still left without an answer.

I have attempted this update on my computer, on Microsoft's website, and on a different user account. I and the other user account are both administrators.

I have already checked that I have fxsapi.dll and even tried replacing it, but it won't let me.

Hope this will be an easy one for you guys!

A:Solved: Windows 3 Service Pack Installation Problem

Hiya DanC20.

What`s the URL (web address) that you`re trying to download SP3 from?

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-3-service-pack-installation-problem.921938/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey,

I tried to install SP1, but Windows Update still gives me that error (8024200D). Installing without Windows Update doesn't work. Tried System Update Readiness Tool and installing again - still no effect. SFC scan also didn't find any problems.

I was trying to find solution on Internet, but no results... So I am writing here for help ;/

A:Windows 7 Service Pack 1 problem (error 8024200D)

It looks to me as if your problem lies in the SoftwareDistribution folder, rather than anywhere else.

Code:
Line 635615: 2014-06-08 14:44:53, Error CBS Exec: Failed to pre-stage package: WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-AdmComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~pl-PL~7.6.7600.256, file: rdpcorekmts.dll, source: \\?\C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\19b53483b79dbd4efbf89b4fc7b270d4\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..extensions-binaries_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.21907_none_0264a4fb0f9b0e60\rdpcorekmts.dll, sandbox: (null) [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
Line 635619: 2014-06-08 14:44:53, Error CBS Failed to pre- stage package: Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.17514 [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
Open an Elevated Command Prompt
Run the following commands

NET STOP WUAUSERV
REN C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution SDOLD
NET START WUAUSERV

reboot
then wait 10 minutes, and open Windows Updates, and run a Check for Updates.

Install only the oldest update found - and reboot once installed
then go back to Windows updates and install the others.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334114-windows-7-service-pack-1-problem-error-8024200d.html
Relevancy 70.52%

windows service pack installation - unique problem please help me Respected techs and dear forum members I have installed a fresh copy of windows xp without having sp onto it on my hard disk After that i tried installation 2 windows pack problem unique - service to update windows through tools gt windows update It took windows service pack 2 installation - unique problem so so many hours to download service pack Now after that i was prompted by the system to click so that update service pack be installed I did click windows service pack 2 installation - unique problem and it started installing The windows service pack 2 installation - unique problem Installtion process of service pack was going smoothly until the last screen i believe it was last screen displayed where it was written quot Finishing Installation quot BUT the blue colour got stuck in the bar below the above message at almost in between Thereafter i patiently waited for hours at a strecth in anticipation that it will be completed but it got stuck So i was left with no choice but to restart the machine After that the system prompted a message saying that service pack installation was not successful and hence to remove it from add remove programs After uninstalling the incomplete service pack i again repeated the whole process Again same story Plz help me My computer specifications P RAM GB Intel Motherboard GBF Windows xp professional mcafee antivirus plz plz help me early regards sunando sunandoghosh at rediffmail dot com nbsp

A:windows service pack 2 installation - unique problem

McAFee is the concern there! Any antivirus software will likely conflict with any new
installations of software and/or system updates. This should be disabled before making
any further attempts to install Service Pack 2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-service-pack-2-installation-unique-problem.419450/
Relevancy 70.52%

windows service pack installation - unique problem please help me Respected techs and dear forum members I have installed a fresh copy of windows xp without having sp onto it on my hard disk After that i tried to update windows through tools gt windows update It took so so many hours to download service pack Now after that i was prompted by - 2 windows installation unique service problem pack the system to click so that update service pack be installed I did click and it started installing The Installtion process of service pack was going smoothly until the last screen i believe it was last screen displayed where it was written quot Finishing Installation quot BUT the blue colour got stuck in the bar below the above message at almost in between Thereafter i patiently waited windows service pack 2 installation - unique problem for hours at a strecth in anticipation that it will be completed but it got stuck So i windows service pack 2 installation - unique problem was left with no choice but to restart the machine After that the system prompted a message saying that service pack installation windows service pack 2 installation - unique problem was not successful and hence to remove it from add remove programs After uninstalling the incomplete service pack i again repeated the whole process Again same story Plz help me My computer specifications P RAM GB Intel Motherboard GBF Windows xp professional mcafee antivirus plz plz help me early regards sunando sunandoghosh at rediffmail dot com

A:windows service pack 2 installation - unique problem

u might consider going to microsoft,or just buy the XP w/Sp2.....trying to help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-service-pack-2-installation-unique-problem-78004.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi All,

Good Evening. My PC correpted. After i boot to installation XP Service pack 1 using a CD. After that working properly windows. But Autocad 2008 & Unigraphics nx3 & latest Yahoo messanger not supported. So i go to online support to install Service pack 2.0. After installation complete, the windows configure not change to service pack 2.0, only shows service pack 1. only working through operating system also SP1.0 ONLY. Pls help to how to get my updated SP2. The Windows always shows " You may be a victim of software counterfeiting.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj.

A:windows xp service pack 2 installation problem solution

Hi All,

Good Evening. My PC correpted. After i boot to installation XP Service pack 1 using a CD. After that working properly windows. But Autocad 2008 & Unigraphics nx3 & latest Yahoo messanger not supported. So i go to online support to install Service pack 2.0. After installation complete, the windows configure not change to service pack 2.0, only shows service pack 1. only working through operating system also SP1.0 ONLY. Pls help to how to get my updated SP2. The Windows always shows " You may be a victim of software counterfeiting.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-service-pack-2-installation-problem-solution-330912.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I just registered here at seven forums I tried niemiro's method in the 0x000b8000 Service Windows problem 7 install Pack 1 former thread in this same forum but still I get this error Here is my log Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 install problem 0x000b8000 Packages Windows 7 Service Pack 1 install problem 0x000b8000 Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e x mum Line f CBS Catalog Windows 7 Service Pack 1 install problem 0x000b8000 Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e x cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests x microsoft-windows-win k bf ad e none b f bcffbb a c manifest x microsoft-windows-win k bf ad e none b f bcffbb a c f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests x microsoft-windows-win k bf ad e none b b c ac f manifest x microsoft-windows-win k bf ad e none b b c ac f Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count CBS MUM Corrupt Total count CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-win k bf ad e none b f bcffbb a c manifest winsxs manifests x microsoft-windows-win k bf ad e none b b c ac f manifest servicing packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Please I need your help tnx guys in advance

A:Windows 7 Service Pack 1 install problem 0x000b8000

Try a Repair Install:

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/222574-windows-7-service-pack-1-install-problem-0x000b8000.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi i got a issue with recieving sound and wish to gain advice support from you wonderful people first i will post my crappy pc details XD Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM Basically pack HELP) 3 service Windows XP card problem (PLEASE sound I have a problem with my sound card I had to format my computer where my sound was working perfectly fine and once i reinstalled windows and tried to install my sound back thats when Windows XP service pack 3 sound card problem (PLEASE HELP) quot it quot happened Things I have tried Using add hardware from control panel result PC automatically restarts at the end of installation Windows XP service pack 3 sound card problem (PLEASE HELP) meanning the sound still dont work Uninstallating and reinstallating the sound drivers System restart Detecting sound card manufacture and downloading the software manually System restart troubleshooter guide Windows XP service pack 3 sound card problem (PLEASE HELP) system restart i had a code error which was The device is not configured correctly code Reinstalling windows again system restart I no longer have my manufacture installating CD and have emailed Realtek and had no response the driver that was detected was realtek AC' but i cant get my sound to work please help asap x x s

A:Windows XP service pack 3 sound card problem (PLEASE HELP)

After you format you need to install chipset drivers, ie motherboard
drivers. Determine what motherboard you have. You can download
everest, there is a free version, this will give you alot of info on
your system. Once you know what motherboard you have go to maker
of motherboards website, download chipset drivers, sound drivers.
Install and you should be set, I would install chipset drivers first, then
audio..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-service-pack-3-sound-card-problem-please-help-319588.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I was installing Windows SP last night and it got a certain point where it failed it tried again and same results When I got back to my desktop my Task bar had been changed to look like a Windows version of the classic task bar I can't get on the internet when I try to open my network settings to check for my wireless networks nothing comes up I can't do a system restore cause my system restore points are gone I've read around the internet about other people having problems with the SP but I can't find one exactly like or a solution Btw I'm on another computer right now so Windows 1 Problem Failure Pack Service 7 Install that's how I'm posting this and online about it I tried doing the BITS properties thing where I make sure the Service Status says running or something like that but mine says stopped and when I click Start it says quot Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Failure Install Problem Service service on Local Computer Error Code The dependency service or group failed to start I can't uninstall SP because it never installed My computer started having this problem when it failed to install but it was working fine before it I'm running Windows Ultimate bit so I believe that makes it x Please tell me if there is something I can do without having to reinstall Windows and lose everything Thanks

A:Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Failure Install Problem

Hello, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

Your SP1 is failing to install because BITS is not started.

Most services require other services to be already started in order to start themselves.

Code:
Error Code 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
Means that BITS itself did not have a problem, but one of its dependencies failed to start.

Please go back into services, and try to start ALL of the following services. If any come back with another error code 1068, move on. The one I am interested in is whichever one fails to start with a different error message.

COM+ Event System
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper

The only other meaning for 1068 is that one of those above services has been disabled. Please make sure that none of the above have been disabled. If one is disabled, enable it, and then try to restart them all, and see if they now do.

Please include the name of the one at fault, any error messages, if it is enabled or disabled etc. of all of the above.

Thanks a lot, and the very best of luck!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/167505-windows-7-service-pack-1-failure-install-problem.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I've been using a reliable laptop with windows home XP on it for years, during this last week, I installed windows service pack 3. Upon startup, the computer gets slow and unresponsive, it says its installing windows updates. but it never goes past 0%. now the computer is paralyzed and frozen for a good while. When the update process is canceled, My wireless connection will fail. attempts to repair it will prompt the message : "TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection, cannot proceed". The windows theme also partially regresses to windows 98 theme. Going to my wireless connection properties, I find that TCP/IP is indeed checked and active. The network fails from as soon as startup, or it can fail a few hours later. The problem has gotten worse lately, where a few days ago it would fail after a few hours. Now, it fails within 30 minutes of startup. I can barely access the internet, would anyone care to help?

A:connections problem after windows service pack 3 : TCP/IP not enabled.

Ok what happen in your case was that you updated to service pack 3 which also included a bug. Not a virus bug, but a Microsoft bug in their coding of one of the KB updates. What is happening is that the Microsoft Update Agent (wuauclt.exe), which is part of the svhost uses 99% cpu power. You can check it by hitting CTRL+SHIFT+ESC on the  processes tab. There you will see that a svhost is using 99%. However, ignore the system idle process using 99% this is normal.

The first thing you need to do is stop windows updates by going to Start, Control Panel, Microsoft updates. Change to off and hit apply. Go back to processes and high-lite the svhost that is running at 99% and right click and end task. Next you need to check which version of IE you have. Open your IE browser and go to help and about. If you have Version 8 then you need a patch KB2879017. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40390 After Installation reboot the system and then go back to control panel and re-enable Microsoft updates. Verify if the fix has been resolved. Try going to Microsoft updates to see if it loads.

If you have Version 6-7 you need to download IE 8. Be sure to download the proper 32bit or 64bit. To check which OS you have press Hold down the Windows key & press Pause Key. The information there shows which you have. Now download the IE 8 you need Under English section http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-8. Reboot your system after install & then re-enable Microsoft Updates in control panel. Verify that the fix has been resolved and go to Microsoft Updates and see if it loads. If not apply the KB patch above and try again. It's hard to say which exactly works and in which order. There isn't whole lot of input or direction from Microsoft on this issue. I have found it to work one way on some systems and others different. I had one that wouldn't patch at all and still had issues. Other things to try...

If there is still an issue try to Install Microsoft Updater 3.0 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb932139.aspx

Some other KB patch if nothing else works. KB927891 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6458

Microsoft is ending XP support soon. Once all updates are downloaded I recommend you create a complete backup. It's Best to backup a Clone of your HD to CD or external HD You will save yourself a lot of grief.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520961/connections-problem-after-windows-service-pack-3-tcpip-not-enabled/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been trying to install Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista Home (32 bits) through Windows Update many times. The Update panel shows Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) is available. I install the update, which by the way, just takes me few minutes curiouslly. The "update succesfully installed" message with the green circle checked on appears. But then, when I check my computer properties, the Service Pack 1 is not there and Windows Updated keeps showing again and again the update for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) is available and that needs to be installed. I don't know what else to do, can you help me please.

A:problem installing Service pack 1 for Windows Vista 32-bit f...

Hi: Try downloading and installing the standalone SP1 file. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30 If you get it to install that way, go straight to SP2 with the standalone download. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16468 Paul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/problem-installing-Service-pack-1-for-Windows-Vista-32-bit/td-p/1872779
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi there I am running windows xp home edition service pack Automatic updates stopped working so i went to do them manually on the mircrosoft website this would not work either i kept getting a message saying my service pack was not up to date etc I service Windows pack install/uninstall 3 problem looked around the net for a solution one was to uninstall service pack and then reinstall it so i tried this The uninstall didnt work i ran spuninst but it said that windows service pack could not be found Although when i look at system information it says that service pack is the Windows service pack 3 install/uninstall problem current one installed Windows service pack 3 install/uninstall problem I tried all the microsoft methods of uninstalling but nothing worked I then found something that said to try reinstalling service pack Windows service pack 3 install/uninstall problem So i downloaded the stand alone version of service pack and ran it but it kept saying internal error setup could not complete I ran it in safe mode disabled antivirus etc like the windows site said to do I also reset all of the registry permissions using the script on the microsoft site this did not work either I kept getting the same message I also noticed when the service pack install was running it crashed when the installer got to quot checking product key quot I have a legal copy of xp and a product code on the top of my machine Is there anyway of fixing this issue so i have service pack on the pc and will be able to download microsoft updates Thank you for your time and help Hagrid nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello.

Ok the problem is that last week Installed Service Pack 2 from Microsoft. The only problem I've had with it is that when I try to change my system to 16bit color it looks like 256 colos i.e. safe mode resolution. Attached is a screen capture of my problem.

The only way I can get my screen back to the way it was is to set it back to 32bit via going into Display Properties > Settings.

Somebody please help. Thank you.

A:Windows XP Pro - Service Pack 2 - Geforce 2MX - Graphics Problem? - Help Plz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-service-pack-2-geforce-2mx-graphics-problem-help-plz.268032/
Relevancy 70.52%

windows service pack installation - unique problem please help me Respected techs and dear forum members I have installed a fresh copy of windows xp without having sp onto it on my hard disk After that i tried to update windows through tools gt windows update It took so so many hours to download service pack Now after that i was prompted by the system to click so that update service pack be installed I did click and it started installing The Installtion process of service pack was going smoothly until the last screen i believe it was last screen displayed where it was written quot Finishing Installation quot BUT the blue colour got stuck in the bar below the above message at almost in between Thereafter i patiently waited for hours at a strecth in anticipation that it will be completed but it got stuck So i was left with no choice but to restart the machine After that the system prompted a message saying that service pack installation was not successful and hence to remove it from add remove programs After uninstalling the incomplete service pack i again repeated the whole process Again same story Plz help me My computer specifications P RAM GB Intel Motherboard GBF Windows xp professional mcafee antivirus plz plz help me early regards sunando sunandoghosh at rediffmail dot com

A:Windows Service Pack 2 Installation - Unique Problem

Personally I'd slipstream SP2 into your WinXP CD and install that way, with another reformat and reinstall. If you've been on the web with a pre sp2 fresh install you may have already picked something up preventing SP2 installing. SP2 won't install if you have certain virus's or spyware. A slipstreamed WinXP CD gets around this problem.Slipstreaming SP2Slipstreaming walk through movie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/35873/windows-service-pack-2-installation-unique-problem/
Relevancy 70.52%

My copy of Windows XP went down, and I needed to re-install. Okay, no biggie. Now, half way thru the install, it needs the file asms. I don't know the path. Please help.

A:[SOLVED] "asms" on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 not found

Hello HgPot,

See this article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q311755

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-and-quot-asms-and-quot-on-windows-xp-home-edition-service-pack-1-not-found-306422.html
Relevancy 70.52%

My laptop runs XP Home and was updated by manual selection through Service Pack 2. I have frequently read of folks having issues with Service Pack 3 so I have not permitted automatic updates. Should I ignore those folks...is service pack 3 safe now? I am not particularly literate in computers so any jargon will be lost on me if reference is made to "so-called" named issues and problems. If SP3 causes problems, I understand that one cannot back out of a SP update. Is this true?
Had been a while since I could even access Bleeping computer website....it magically fixed itself...think it was a service provider problem...comcast.

A:Updating XP Home to Service pack 3

I've been running SP3 ever since it first appeared and have no issues with it at all.

If you don't install it though, you may experience problems installing certain programs which use Windows Installer v3.1 v2 which isn't included in SP2.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453482/updating-xp-home-to-service-pack-3/
Relevancy 70.52%

Last Friday I purchased a new xp pack by home service zapped laptop a Sony VAIO PCG-FX pre-loaded with XP HOME Everything was working xp home zapped by service pack fine I went on-line to activate the software Later when I tried to download something Iwas directed to download and install an MS Service Pack Towards the end of this process I received error messages relating to missing files including nic sys ntoskrnl exe ntkrnlpa exe and win k sys I did not choose to restart when asked at the end of the installation but continued doing what ever I was doing and there was no apparent problem When I did close down and then re-start I found myself completely locked out of windows with the message quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system ntoskrnl exe Please reinstall a copy of th above file quot How can I do this when I am unable to gain access to the OS As XP was pre-loaded I do not have a CD Any help for a user with limited technical nouse would be hugely appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%
A:Can i have the home service pack 2 min. specs?

This is the MIcrosoft minimum specs . . but realistcally, you need a processor over 800MHz and at least 256 Mg of RAM . . 512 is optimal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-have-the-home-service-pack-2-min-specs.566836/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

was wondering if anyone could explain have the differences changed post service pack 3 installation on xp home in comparison to xp professional?

Relevancy 70.52%

Being a rather devote coward, Iíve procrastinated about installing Service Pack Three on my XP-Home OS. (I do have 1 & 2) To be honest, all the instructions concerning what to do before attempting to install it have me fairly well intimidated. It sounds like it is a bit beyond my level of expertise.

My thinking is that I already have all of the updates that have come down the pike so why worry.

The question is- - If I create a system restore point, just before I attempt to install SP3, will I be able to roll back the settings to before the attempted, as in failed, install?

Thanks

Relevancy 69.66%

I am reformatting a friend's computer and I get an error during XP installation saying that I am required to insert the Service Pack 1 CD. They don't have this CD anymore. I guess Gateway just broke up the installation to require a few CDs. Does anyone know a solution to this. Hopefully there is a way I can make a CD that will solve this problem.

Thanks

A:Gateway XP Home Service Pack 1 during install

hello ,

what version is the instalation cd

you could use a disk wiper (write the drive to zeros /make it like new from factory) to remove all instances of the preivouse softwares

you can get one for free (http://www.majorgeekss.com)

i use (KillDisk ) myself but you can also get (d-ban boot & nuke) also (UBCD) these are all great programs

if you need any help in running them just let us know

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gateway-xp-home-service-pack-1-during-install-209633.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Recently (2 days ago) I purchased a Maxtor external 160 gb hard disk with a USB connection. After I went throught the installation process Windows Xp Service Pack 2 would not recognize the device. I tried different ports with the same result. I Called Maxtor and they said that Microsoft XP Service Pack 2 had a problem with USB ports/controllers. Does anyone know of such a problem and if so how might I fix it.
Thanks
GeneL

A:USB Potential error in Service Pack 2 XP Home

Try this fix.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-potential-error-in-service-pack-2-xp-home-15999.html
Relevancy 69.66%

hi i reformatted my pc on saturday and have been putting everthing back on over the last couple of days today it said it needed to update to service pack 1 so i set it going and left my pc while it was doing it i came back to my pc and it said i needed to restart which i did upon restarting i got a screen saying error and i needed to run window repair tool which i did it restarted and i got a blue screen saying there is a error the code at the bottom of the screen said STOP 0x0000C1F5 i followed the instructions it gave me but my pc still wont start and it keeps going back to this blue screen any help would be gratefully excepted

thanks lisa

A:vista home pemium service pack 1

Hi Lisa -

Since it has been less than 2 days since the Vista re-install, I would advise that you re-install Vista again. During the process, make sure you have an active internet connection to the system. Vista will install a legacy wifi or Ethernet if necessary to get through the installation. Then once you land at the Desktop for the 1st time, let Windows Updates take over. Don't install any programs until it is finished.

When Vista is finished its business, then go to your manufacturer's web site and update any drivers that Windows Updates didn't do. Then install your programs and copy files.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-pemium-service-pack-1-a-407718.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am using Windows XP Home Edition. I have lost track of whether I installed Service Pack 2. How can I tell?

I read that SP2 has or will have an anti-malware feature. If I installed SP2 now, would I get it? How can I tell if I already have it?

An article seemed to say it is just available now as a beta. How could I get it if that is the case?

Thank you very much

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all,
I'm having an issue with service pack 3 causing a Compaq Presario SR1550NX running XP home to crash. Once the service pack is installed, it reboots but I never makes it past the Windows splash screen before rebooting itself. It also momentarily flashes a blue screen but it doesn't remain long enough on the screen for me to see what the error msg is. Has anyone else had this happen? Everything works fine when I reinstall the system files but service pack three sort of hoses the entire system. Would appreciate any help.

Ken

A:XP home crash after service pack 3 install

which processor do u have, and restart the computer and keep taping f8 keys, you will be advanced menu option,
select disable automatic restart at system failure,
u will get blue screen with some information.
in technical information what is the error code.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-crash-after-service-pack-3-install-251456.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello, a year ago I installed PC-cillin on my computer. When I tried installing anti-virus updates for PC-cillin my computer would crash (Ii still got the updates installed somehow). I didn't even worry about it back then. Shortly after labor day I installed Service Pack 3(It was from Microsoft), and it seemed like ever since then my computer crashes on any given moment. It usually crashes right on startup or shortly after startup. And when it crashes, it would crash multiple times in a row.

When I was installing Service pack 3 my computer crashed and I had to reinstall it. Is there any way I could get rid of the random crashing.
Thanks

P.S. It still crashes when I do virus update, but i'm not too worried about that.

A:Random Freezing On XP Home (Probably because of Service Pack 3)

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of the crashes.To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.Check in all the categories.If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.How To Use the Event Viewer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175846/random-freezing-on-xp-home-probably-because-of-service-pack-3/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hope someone may be able to help, Vista SP2 32 Bit Home Premium.

Can't install Service Pack 2 at all, tried from Windows Update and tried the stand alone version and still can't do it. Vista is one big piece of garbage.

It just tells me that installation wasn't successful and reverts back. I do get an Error: E-FAIL (0x80004005) whatever that means.

Any ideas?????

A:Service Pack 2 - Vista Home Premium

Have you seen this?"Vista is one big piece of garbage"Nothing to do with Vista.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232630/service-pack-2-vista-home-premium/
Relevancy 69.66%

any one know where to download East Asian Language pack for windows xp service pack 3? my laptop cannot read other language other than english

A:where to download East Asian Language pack for windows xp service pack 3?

if you don't have the xp disk borrow one and

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Pr...lation_XP.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/where-to-download-east-asian-language-pack-for-windows-xp-service-pack-3-a-473662.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have windows vista ultimate x64 based os. After i download and instaled service pack 1 my network connections are dissaperd. Everything with hardware is ok, but when i try to create new internet connection it display the message: "the wizard cannot create connection". ps. I have cable modem and i used broadband (PPPoE) conection normaly before installing sp1 PLEASE HELP

A:internet connection problem after installing windows vista service pack 1

hi xxxgamma,

installing new sp1 to vista x64 is kinda annoying. is your previous version of vista x64 an oem or a retail? because if it is an oem, and after installing sp1 somehow it affects the dhcp or the dns.

try this:
press windows logo+r>type cmd>press enter>in the command prompt window type ipconfig/release>enter>type ipconfig/renew

try to observe if the dhcp is available.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/221853-internet-connection-problem-after-installing-windows-vista-service-pack-1-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Everytime i try to upgrade to Service Pack the computer just restarts while downloading Could Malware have anything to do with it here is my HIJackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at + Pack problems Solved: to 2 Popup Problem on windows my upgrading Service XP PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system Solved: Problem upgrading to Service Pack 2 on my windows XP + Popup problems spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System BRMFRSMG EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files psquery psquery exe C Program Files TELUS TELUS Security service Freedom exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files pasystem pasystem exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System WgaTray exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O Solved: Problem upgrading to Service Pack 2 on my windows XP + Popup problems - Hosts free grisoft com O - Hosts housecall trendmicro com O - Hosts Solved: Problem upgrading to Service Pack 2 on my windows XP + Popup problems usa kaspersky com O - Hosts ewido net O - Hosts www ewido net O - Hosts zonelabs com O - Hosts www zonelabs com O - Hosts bitdefender com O - Hosts www bitdefender com O - Hosts download bitdefender com O - Hosts upgrade bitdefender com O - Hosts spywareinfo com O - Hosts www spywareinfo com O - Hosts merijn org O - Hosts www merijn org O - Hosts sysinternals com O - Hosts www sysinternals com O - Hosts onguardonline gov O - Hosts www onguardonline gov O - Hosts avast com O - Hosts www avast com O - Hosts safety live com O - Hosts www paretologic com O - Hosts paretologic com O - Hosts services google com O - Hosts www webroot com O - Hosts webroot com O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Web Assistant - DCB C-AB - AD-A A- DFB - C Program Files psquery psquery dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO BandBHO Class - CA C B- FC- F E- F- ABA AA - C Program Files AdSponsorCL AdSponsorCL dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run TELUS Security service C Program Files TELUS TELUS Security service Freedom exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ms - C WINDOWS ms - exe O - HKLM Run sys - C WINDOWS sys - exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run PaSystem quot C Program Files pasystem pasystem exe quot O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Plugin for csm C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins npchime dll O - Plugin for csml C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins npchime dll O - Plugin for cub C Program Files Internet Explorer Plu... Read more

A:Solved: Problem upgrading to Service Pack 2 on my windows XP + Popup problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-upgrading-to-service-pack-2-on-my-windows-xp-popup-problems.567700/
Relevancy 69.23%

Anyone help with this?
I reloaded XP Pro and updated to Service Pack 3
Windows Installer 4.5

Everything seems fine except I tried reloading Paint SHop Pro X2 and get the message:

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Common FIles\Corel\PSPThumShellExt\PSPThumbShellExt.dll failed to register. HRESULT -1

Tried to manually install this driver but no-can-do.

Tried removing Paint Shop and cleaned all the Corel references from the registry and reloaded but cannot install the prog.

All my drivers are up to date.

The Paint Shop Pro Screen starts but drops out when "Initializing Command Manager" starts up.

Contacted Corel but they haven't come up with anything yet.

Does anyone know how to sort out this Msi Installer Problem?

A:Solved: Problem installing Paint Shop Pro X2 with Windows Service Pack 3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-installing-paint-shop-pro-x2-with-windows-service-pack-3.834946/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello!

I am a new Vista user and when I woke up this morning this was going on. Can someone please help me resolve this issue.
I appreciate your swift action. When I bring it up in safe mode and ask for the prompt to find solutions, nothing happens.
Thanks!

Problem signature
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 14337
Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini083010-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt
View a temporary copy of these filesWarning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.
Extra information about the problem
BCP1: 00000000
BCP4: 8E705705
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0

A:Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

It was probably a driver. Follow these instructions and you will be helped

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 Forums
for Vista, too.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282556-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

BCP2: 82AA1A3A
BCP3: 97F6790C

C:\Windows\Minidump\052911-15163-01.dmp
C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-25303-0.sysdata.xml

what causes this?
i don't know what to do.. please help...

A:problem Event name: bluescreen

You obviously have a minidump created by this crash for a proper analysis of the problem we will need you to follow these instructions.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

In fact the only thing I really need is the
C:\Windows\Minidump\052911-15163-01.dmp
zipped up and attached to your post.
the additional information provided by following the steps at the link above would help more, but they are a absolute requirement.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166116-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have purchased a new Laptop 2 months back with Windows 7 64bit OS and it has started giving me some problems. Whenever I put it in hibernate or sleep mode, it undergoes an unexpected shutdown and gives me the following error:

--------------------------------

Problem signature:
BCCode: a0
BCP1: 0000000000000009
BCP2: FFFFFFFFC0000001
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: 0000000000000000
C:\Windows\Minidump\101610-36863-01.dmp
C:\Users\Vaibhav\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-58640-0.sysdata.xml

----------------------------------------

Please help

please folow this posting instructions:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118369-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Woke up this morning with a bluescreen error message and kinda freaked out.

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000016
BCP2: 0000001B
BCP4: 81C287D4
OS Version: 6_0_6000

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini092610-01.dmp
C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-4095946-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7031.tmp.version.txt

^That's what it said if it helps.
I think I have Vista Home I'm sorry I don't know more about it such as if it's 64bit or 32. The computer is about 2 years old and Vista came installed.
The fan has been running constantly for maybe 3 days even when it's sitting idle. So last night I set a spyware scan and woke up to the error.
Just hoping my computer isn't gonna bug out on me :/
thanks

STOP 0x00000016 errors are likely caused by hardware or device driver issues.

Have you checked your Device Drivers?

Or Hardware

I am a Newbie when it comes to BSOD but I am Learning
Causes could be Hardware so Test your Memory Just incase with Memtest

See Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool For more information

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283390-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My Windows 7 . . .
- Home Premium x64
- Original installed OS on the system
- An OEM version
- I don't know where to find the age of system (hardware) but I just bought my hp dm4 around two weeks ago so I guess the system is quite new?
- I have re-installed the OS once because I tried to installed the Professional version but it won't work so I reinstalled the OS to its factory mode.

Problem signature:
Locale ID: 3076

BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88007439A45

C:\Windows\Minidump\102310-31777-01.dmp
C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43945-0.sysdata.xml

A:Help Please:Problem Event Name BlueScreen

It appears that the problem is caused by your Intel driver
Productname: Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
Description: Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Driver
Company: Intel Corporation

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_System%20Health%20Report[1].zip\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\102210-30716-01.dmp]
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c52000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e8fe50
Debug session time: Fri Oct 22 06:52:14.994 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 1 days 17:24:29.571
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff8800748aa45}
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETw5s64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+13a45 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff8800748aa45, address which referenced memory
Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002efa0e0
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
FAULTING_IP:
NETw5s64+13a45
fffff880`0748aa45 48833b00 cmp qword ptr [rbx],0
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: wcg_hfcc_autod
TRAP_FRAME: fffff880009b0340 -- (.trap 0xfffff880009b0340)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa800788a290
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800748aa45 rsp=fffff880009b04d0 rbp=fffffa800456af20
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff880031d3a60
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
NETw5s64+0x13a45:
fffff880`0748aa45 48833b00 cmp qword ptr [rbx],0 ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope
LAST_CONTR... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119968-help-please-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Help please. I keep getting the bluescreen. It used to happen after every few days now its happening everyday. I've attached my dump, hopefully I did it right.

I'm currently running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I purchased from retailer over a year ago. Everything is in its original state from when I purchased it. I didn't change anything. I'm not very savvy with stuff like this so direction and any help will be appreciated.

Hello Elle & Welcome to SevenForums!

Easy.

Looks like you have a bckd.sys which is K9 parental web filter. Could you uninstall this? It appears in most of your completed .dmp files.

The web filter is taking from http://www1.k9webprotection.com/, does this look familiar?

BSOD Summary

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\bckd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bckd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bckd.sys
Probably caused by : bckd.sys ( bckd+d50e )
---------------------------------------------------
And so on..

After the uninstallation, go to the path (\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\bckd.sys) where the driver was supposed to be, and make sure it's gone.

Best Regards,
FredeGail

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174356-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi there. this is my first post.

I installed Windows 7 Pro 32 about 1 month ago, upgrade from XP Pro. Everything was working great until yesterday when all programs stopped responding and the pc shutdown. every time a reboot and run in normal mode every program I open fails to respond, can't even browse the internet. I can only function in Safe Mode.

Problem Event Name: Bluescreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.25648
BCCode: c5
BCP1: 0000FF00
BCP4: 82938795

OS Version: 6.1.7601
Servicepack: 1.0
Product: 256.1

I have noticed on other threads you asking for the .dmp file so I have uploaded as well.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:problem event name bluescreen

boot safe mode and run
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

and can you verify that
SiLib.sys

Is located in C:\Windows\System32

Since it's not that much trouble after those two steps if you start safe mode with networking you can download and scan with .
Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

Code:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fb810f72, memory referenced.
Arg2: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: 8292c795, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 00000002, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82974848
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82953e20
fb810f72

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+135
8292c795 8b10 mov edx,dword ptr [eax]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 2

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: 9e027a14 -- (.trap 0xffffffff9e027a14)
ErrCode = 00000000
eax=fb810f72 ebx=000000e6 ecx=000001ff edx=84753b00 esi=84753b00 edi=84753280
eip=8292c795 esp=9e027a88 ebp=9e027ac0 iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010286
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x135:
8292c795 8b10 mov edx,dword ptr [eax] ds:0023:fb810f72=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 8284c3d8 to 8289940b

STACK_TEXT:
9e0279fc 8284c3d8 00000000 fb810f72 00000000 nt!MmAccessFault+0x106
9e0279fc 8292c795 00000000 fb810f72 00000000 nt!KiTrap0E+0xdc
9e027ac0 8292c35f 84753280 00000000 a0beda30 nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x135
9e027b2c 82a74b3f a0b9fad8 00000000 00000140 nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x8a4
9e027b5c 82a70638 a0bed030 9e027bb8 9e027bd0 nt!ObSetSecurityDescriptorInfo+0x94
9e027b80 82a73a94 a0bed030 00000000 9e027bb8 nt!SeDefaultObjectMethod+0x79
9e027bac 82a76930 a0bed001 00000004 9e027bd0 nt!ObSetSecurityObjectByPointer+0x40
9e027c04 82a91458 a0bed030 9e027ce0 a0ab3490 nt!SepAppendAdminAceToTokenAcl+0x16d
9e027c3c 82a74933 a0abf7b8 00000002 9e027c6c nt!SeCopyClientToken+0x6a
9e027c58 82a77448 a0abf7b8 00000000 00000002 nt!SepCreateClientSecurity+0x74
9e027c88 82a6afc9 86c67d00 9e027ce0 00000000 nt!SeCreateClientSecurity+0x39
9e027cb8 82a8ac16 86175658 00000001 9e027ce0 nt!AlpcpCreateSecurityContext+0xa9
9e027d20 828491ea 000005c4 00000001 002dffa0 nt!NtAlpcCreateSecurityContext+0x111
9e027d20 772b70b4 000005c4 00000001 002dffa0 nt!KiFastCallEntry+0x12a
WARNING: Frame IP not in any known module. Following frames may be wrong.
02b0ea94 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x772b70b4
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+135
8292c795 8b10 mov edx,dword ptr [eax]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!ExDeferredFreePool+135

FOLLOWUP_NAME: Pool_corruption

IMAGE_NAME: Pool_Corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MODULE_NAME: Pool_Corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x50_nt!ExDeferredFreePool+135

BUCKET_ID: 0x50_nt!ExDeferredFreePool+135

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

1: kd> lm t n
start end module name
80bc8000 80bd0000 kdcom kdcom.dll Mon Jul 13 20:08:58 2009 (4A5BDAAA)
820a0000 822ee000 win32k win32k.sys Wed Mar 02 21:42:10 2011 (4D6F0E12)
82300000 82309000 TSDDD TSDDD.dll Mon Jul 13 19:01:40 2009 (4A5BCAE4)
82330000 8234e000 cdd cdd.dll unavailable (00000000)
8280b000 82c1d000 nt ntkrpamp.exe Fri Apr 08 22:49:39 2011 (4D9FD753)
82c1d000 82c54000 hal halmacpi.dll Sat Nov 20 02:37:38 2010 (4CE788D2)
82e2b000 82e36000 mcupdate_AuthenticAMD mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll Mon Jul 13 18:13:13 2009 (4A5BBF89)
82e36... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/170048-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html