Windows Support Forum

BSOD after buying new motherboard help

Q: BSOD after buying new motherboard help

Hi,

Recently i face BSOD error on my PC with my old motherboard Gigabyte G31-ES2L

then i repaired it with authorized service center but after that only one day my pc worked fine after that i got same BOD error.

Now i brought new motherboard Gigabyte G41-combo

but even now sometimes my PC automatically shuts down with same blue screen error and it works fine after restarts. But in my previous motherboard G31ES2L one BOD happened pc never starts (I m telling this because i want to know whether is it any other hardware problem or motherboard problem)

I m attaching the

Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.zip

and my system repot.html.zip

please help me to solve problem.. Thanx in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD after buying new motherboard help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD after buying new motherboard help

I faced BOD almost while browsing in chrome Firefox with more tabs opened.. I tried to format PC but same problem happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196856-bsod-after-buying-new-motherboard-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay so basically I ve had a lot of trouble with my computer lately It all started when I tampered with the registry which was broke my PC so badly I had to have new a Buying motherboard it formatted and I had to start from scratch I asked he guys at the repair place to quot upgrade my PC so it is in line with modern standards quot - I wanted a modern working machine They installed a new GB hard disk as well as leaving my old GB one in there which I used for storage when formatting the main drive and they also put in an extra MB RAM giving me a total of GB RAM which I believe is pretty decent But besides that they removed nothing and changed nothing despite stressing that my sound card is crap and I have a meager processor AMD Athlon GHZ I installed Windows XP Professional Edition Buying a new motherboard and Service Pack but after one or two sessions of my PC running smoothly and as fast Buying a new motherboard as hell it soon broke down again starting up slowly crashing my desktop and my explorer menus as well as me losing one of the stereo tracks meaning that when I m listening to music I only hear half the audio not to mention the audio crackling badly and often freezing and refusing to playback for several seconds in extreme cases Additionally not all of my USBs work meaning I ve had to plug some really impractical stuff into the front ports and I have two CD drives one of which does not work at all and I also believe they re supposed to play DVDs but they don t I ve not actually bought a new computer for like six years but that s because I can t afford one However I do not believe that I need one since it has some good parts in it I believe what would solve my woes is a new motherboard and a new sound card but I would like some help with a few questions Before I ask my questions here are my PC s current specs AMD Athlon GHz GB RAM HDD C GB HDD D GB ATI Buying a new motherboard Radeon graphics card On-board sound card And now my questions How good is my current machine judging by the above specs What would you recommend I add remove from my machine Currently the oldest parts of the PC are the motherboard the CD drives one of which doesn t work and the GB hard drive Is there any chance that the old hard drive could carry some afflictions which are being transferred to my new one or could my motherboard by the source of the problem What would you recommend I buy in terms of a motherboard I cannot stress how important it is that I get this PC fixed- I need it for a lot of stuff Any help is very much appreciated nbsp

A:Buying a new motherboard

From the sound of it, you may need to upgrade more than just your motherboard. You could just get another one but it would have to be second hand as you wont be able to buy a brand new motherboard that would work with your 1Ghz Processor.
The cheapest upgrade I can think of that would give you a decent upgrade for the money would be the following: (You didnt say if you were UK or US based, sorry)
1 x Socket 939 motherboard with an AGP socket (you should be able to get one off ebay but make sure it has IDE hard drive connections and not SATA) it should come with an integrated sound card anyway, so you wont need to buy a separate sound card. (Approx $20-30)
1 x AMD Athlon 3200+ Socket 939 (approx $30)
(Optional but maybe necessary - New DVD RW Drive, approx $30)

You will be able to use your New Hard drive and RAM with the above items and although it should give you some better performance without breaking the bank account. $50-60 for motherboard and processor together, or $80 if you get a DVD RW drive too.
It's possible that the old hard drive is causing problems and because its so small, id be tempted just to remove it.
You can also upgrade your graphics card as it is ageing, but if you are on a budget, you dont have to do that - its probably not causing any problems for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-new-motherboard.633213/
Relevancy 54.18%

Im gonna build me a new gaming unit. I found this one I want but I dont see an AGP slot. There is something there, but it isnt an AGP adapter.
WTH? Any ideas?

Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop has been overheating. I've tried literally everything from checking for viruses  to reapplying thermal paste and I can't fix it. Here is a link to my forum post about it.  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PC-is-overheating-for-no-appare...  But that is not the topic of this post. I've decided to replace the motherboard thinking it may be a problem with the processor or some other piece of hardware. I found this forum post about replacing the motherboard on my model laptop. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-replace-my-CPU-in-my-HP-B... I actually found a motherboard with a higher model processor (AMD A10-5745M 2.1 GHz) for $50 cheaper on ebay and I wanted to make sure it is compatible. The motherboard product number is 763424-501. My laptop's serial number is 5CD426279F and product number is G4V48AV Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Buying a New Motherboard

Sorry. I Googled my pc product number and the actual product name is the  HP 15z-p000 CTO. I don't know if that makes a difference but I just wanted to make sure.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Buying-a-New-Motherboard/td-p/5779654
Relevancy 54.18%

Does anyone have any suggestions on a mobo thats has Sli (two is enough) DDR2 GLAN 45nm 2 pci 1x some pci slot (onboard sound is not needed)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-motherboard.105197/
Relevancy 54.18%

first of all please excuse me if this is in the wrong forum and if what l say loose you as l am new to all this. l want to build a computer that has more balls than a wild pack of dogs. l have been told that if l buy a supermicro X7DBE+ Motherboard With Extended ATX which runs dual processors, front side bus speeds of 1.333Ghz, Front side bus uses a 64 bit wide 1333 Mhz data bus that transfer data at 10.7 Gb/sec for a total bandwith of 21.3 Gb/sec. Total memory bandwith of 32.0 Gb/s for DDR2 667. And build the rest up from the motherboard l will never need to upgrade.This all means nothing to me so l thankyou all who help in advance. Also does running dual processors mean that you will have twice the speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-buying-a-new-motherboard.74641/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everybody.

I am planning on getting a new CPU and motherboard this Christmas. However, I'm a little low on budget. Could you guys please recommend a CPU + Motherboard combination at under $200 ($150 if possible)?

My current specs are:

Motherboard : Asus P5B-MX / WiFi-AP
RAM : 2 GB (Transcend)
Graphics Card : XFX 9800 GT
Processor : Intel P4 2.93 GHz

Would it be a good idea to go for the AMD X2 6000+?

A:Buying New CPU And Motherboard help

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103272 At that price, wow, why not. It certainly would give your old P4 quite a thumping!

Is your copy of XP Pro a retail copy? If not and it's an OEM copy, you might run into trouble trying to migrate it to a completely different machine. Since, cost is an issue, this might make the Q6600 in the old board the best choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-cpu-and-motherboard-help.118171/
Relevancy 54.18%

Sup,

i want to buy a GOOD motherboard,

a fast, and able to overclock motherboard my budget is $55.. do you know a good motherboard that will do the trick?...

For a 478 socket, DDR, 1 AGP 8x, and all possible pci slots, (up to 7 or 6 slots)

oh yea.. and im new to overclocking, can someone hook me up with overclocking guides, or hints, and warnings please?.. thanks..

A:Buying a motherboard

Your budget is too low for the things you described. Here's one that would do the job quite nicely, and it's not too much more than your budget:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131484

IMO - You really don't want to go super cheap on your mobo. You'll regret it later, especially if you're pushing your components hard by overclocking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-motherboard.484880/
Relevancy 54.18%

dear sir,i want to asked you about replacement of motherboard laptop N5110 and want to buy it from ebay i want to know weather this motherboard can fix to my laptop or not the info about motherboard is like this:
NEW-0MWXPK-for-dell-inspiron-N5110-laptop-motherboard-HM67-nvidia-gt525m-ddr3
my laptop info is:service tag (s/n)<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>
express service code is:<ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>
thanks a lot for your info

A:buying motherboard

Yes, the board will work.  Given that replacing the hard drive on this model requires a system board removal, if the drive you have is original to the system, consider replacing it along with the mainboard - you'll be doing all the labor anyway, so you may as well take care of the potential for a hard drive failure at the same time.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988151
Relevancy 54.18%

I m contemplating doing what I think of as a major upgrade to my computer I want to replace my motherboard cpu and cooling fan and ram The reason I buying Need new motherboard help got on this Need help buying new motherboard track is that I wanted to upgrade my ram from mb to I quot ve got PC RDram and mb will cost around or so To me it doesn t make much sense to go with old technology when I can get the latest for not to much more than that But as this will be the most major upgrade I ve attempted I ve got a lot of questions I ve looked at a lot of threads in the forums and still don t have all the answers that I need to get started on this If any of you guys can help me out on this I sure would appreciate it As I already have a computer that runs well no problems is all I have to do is take out the old motherboard cpu ram and install the new one using all the other original components and then boot up I doubt it If I need to replace somthing else what and what else do I need to do I m going from and Intel motherboard P to AMD or and different ram I ve got a Gateway XL full tower gig Maxtor hard drive CD burner DVD burner floppy Intel NIC Intel IDE Contoller Audigy sound card with plenty of room inside The IDE Contoller has kind of got me worried I ve done a search to find info on this but I haven t found everything I need As I have only this one computer I won t be able to access any help from here at TS so are there any probems that I might have when I get this done if by some chance I do all this correctly So any advice in advance will be greatly appreciated Are all ATX motherboards the same size My present Intel board D EMV is supposed to be xx by xx The one I m looking at is something like xx by xx I thought all ATX were the same size I m not sure of these sizes but could not find out much info on this So my real question is is the new board going to fit exactly in place of the old one And also does the new board come with the standoffs included or do I have to buy this seperately Do I really need non magnetic tools I have the full install Windows XP Home Edition cd that came with my Gateway computer Am I going to be able to use this without buying a new version as it s stll in the same computer I don t know if it will work but I want to be legal I have had conflicting word on this some say it will work others say it won t If I can use it would it be better to use the existing install or better to completely reformat I m not against that at all probably will anyway This is what I m looking to get For some reason I can t link directly to it at TigerDirect it s about the fifth one down the page so here s what it is MSI s K TNE -F Neo Socket motherboard and AMD Athlon processor If anybody has got any better suggestions I am open as long as it s in the same price range Has to be AGP compatable as I just bought a new AGP card That s all I can think of for now I m sure I ll have more questions as I go along I know it s a lot questions but if you guys could help me out I sure would appreciate it Thanks Present specs are Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX c Computer Name User Name Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium HT MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Maryville D EMV PCI AGP RIMM Audio Motherboard Chipset Intel Tehama i E System Memory MB RDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GT Monitor Gateway FPD quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative SB Audigy Player Sound Card Storage IDE Controller Intel r BA Bus Master IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive Maxtor Y P GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA- B DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD-RW DVD-RAM Optical Drive LITE-ON LTR- S x x x CD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboa... Read more

A:Need help buying new motherboard

upgrade

1. I don't think you will be able to keep xp installed and just switch motherboards, you probably will have to plan on just formatting(back up first) and doing a clean install. What do you mean by the ide controller has you confused? What are you wondering?
3. No, all atx aren't the same size, but the maximum size is about 12x9.6". My chaintech vnf4ultra nforce4ultra 939(I'd recommend it, but you already have an awesome agp card ) mobo is "atx", but actually like 12x8" or close to that. In smaller atx, like mine, they are just missing the outer edge of screw mounting holes. Your case should have the right standoffs already. I didn't use magnetic screw drivers, but it sure would have been handy at times. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.
4. Using your existing install, will probably be problematic, if it works at all. I would think that you could use you existing xp cd. I mean it isn't like you'll be using it on 2 computers, you just want to transfer it to your new system. You might have to call microsoft to see for sure though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-new-motherboard.22706/
Relevancy 54.18%

My PC motherboard died about a week ago and since you guys helped me figure it out, I thought that you might also be able help me choose a new motherboard. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Relevancy 54.18%

I am looking to buy a new motherboard, reason i want to do that is to get 8gb ram atm my motherboard only supports 4gb ram.

never bought a motherboard on its own before so not sure what is best and what ones i can have, i want a motherboard that can work with my ram/graphics card/hard drive etc so i dont have to buy everything again.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-M5A78L...F8&qid=1414669262&sr=8-1&keywords=motherboard

been looking at that one, fairly cheap and good reviews. if you know a better motherboard at a better price link me to that,

do i just buy that motherboard and connect my other hardware and its good to go? or do i have to do other stuff?

thanks.

A:buying a new Motherboard.

No way we can answer that since you haven't told what hardware you have. What processor, memory, graphics card, case, etc do you have now? What motherboard do you have now?

Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows to support more than 4GB of RAM?

You may need to reinstall Windows if you replace the motherboard.

Personally I wouldn't buy an motherboard based on an old 700 series chipset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-new-motherboard.1136391/
Relevancy 54.18%

hello guys i need some help here on buying a new motherboard for my 2 pcs.
I do not understand much about pcs but here are my questions:

-Buying a new motherboard do u need south bridge and north bridge to be the same as the motherboard u have?
Could someone tell me if this motherboard i have:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products...rd&ProductID=1646&ProductName=GA-8IPE1000 Pro

-Could be replaced with this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131527

And if this motherboard i have:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00100539

-Could be replaced with this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135226

i serious need to know this my shop depends on this..
thanx

Relevancy 54.18%

I am the rookie of all rookies I know next to nothing about computers but have been educating myself for the past days I must have read pages worth of material trying to learn This site--I stumbled upon it THANK THE SWEET LORD --has helped me motherboard. help Need on buying new PLEASE!! more than everything else I ve read So I am going to rely upon you gentlemen and ladies to educate me I have an old CPU--Athlon K Mhz RAM MHz FSB--that isn t cutting it with the new hard drive I have Being the I am Need help on buying new motherboard. PLEASE!! I Need help on buying new motherboard. PLEASE!! bought a gigabyte hard drive not knowing the CPU isn t powerful enough to operate it and the software I have I m in the process of getting more software that I need for my profession in addition to my lust for WarcraftIII battle net I love the custom games So please please please help me I would like to buy a Pentium IV CPU GHz and the appropriate motherboard for about I found the CPU for about If what I want is not practical than I am willing to settle for the Athlon XP and the corresponding motherboard I found that CPU for about HELP HELP HELP HELP nbsp

A:Need help on buying new motherboard. PLEASE!!

I think you might be asking more of your $200 than is possible. After buying the CPU you will only have $40 left over. You will not get a good complimenting motherboard for the processor with that much left over. Plus you need to remember that you will most probably need to update the memory, and possibly the power supply in the case. You will more than likely need to expand your budget or go to a more discounted processor. Look at www.computergate.com and the Celeron socket 478 processors. A drop below the P4 but a better buy at the same speed. With money left over !! YOu could get a nice motherboard and processor and stay below $200 maybe have enough left over for memory. As far as M/B go I reccommend either ASUS, Gigabyte, or Soyo. They have done well for me in the past, stay away from ECS have never seen M/B with more problems than those seem to have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-buying-new-motherboard-please.22510/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am going to buy a new mobo, processor and RAM.

My current ones are the following:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H
Processor: Core 2 Duo E5300 @2.6Ghz
RAM: DDR2 800Mhz.

I will be upgrading to the following:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+
Processor: AMD FX-4 4100 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: DDR3 1600MHz.

I will be keeping the same hard drive, case, PSU and GPU. Is there anything i should take into consideration when replacing the mobo, processor and RAM such as drivers having to uninstalled etc.?

thanks for your time

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone, I am looking to buy a new motherboard for my Z50-70, as I see this as my only option for my SSD/HDD to get detected in BIOS. I have gone through many lengths to get it working by WINtoUSB and reflashing the BIOS, but to no greater avail.So now I am looking for a new motherboard and it is virtually impossible to find one, Lenovo/Medion directed me to their site and it was out of stock. I have scoured eBay, I could not find one.My question is: Does anyone have a spare/not used or a Z50-70 lying around they would like to sell? I live in Denmark. Best regards,Rasmus.

A:Z50-70 - Buying a new/used working motherboard

HI. You knowing reference, going on the motherboard, you'll know the exact model because in the manual are several.On this page you can find and cheaper: Here . Manual Service:https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_50_series_hmm.pdf Regards. 

Haga clic en la estrella para decir gracias, Por favor marque si resuelve su problema.No trabajo para LENOVO soy usuario voluntario.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-70-Buying-a-new-used-working-motherboard/td-p/3351960
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok, so, i have a crappy eMachines with 3 PCI slots. My problem is, my geforce fx 5500 pci video card isn't cutting it for my new games, would it be worth it to just buy a new mother board with an AGP or PCI-E slot? If so, i could use some suggestions on some boards.

A:New motherboard worth buying?

hard to say

I don't know what your system has, but there are things to consider, If you want better game play, yeah, you'll want a mobo to handle AGP/PCIexpress, etc., but then- will your power supply handle it? RAM? CPU?

Just changing mobos alone involves quite a bit- new installation of operating system, which means you want to back up your current data, and then you start upgrading video cards, almost everything else will probably need at least SOME upgrading/tweaking, so there are lots of things to consider.

Some of the guys around here who know gaming will be more help than me, but I'm sure there'll be more to it than just a mobo change. Good luck!! :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-worth-buying.40064/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi i was looking at this processor and these motherboards, what do u think, let me know please,,, http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=257474&Tab=2&NoMapp=0 and boards ,,,,, http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=266441&Tab=2&NoMapp=0 ,,,,, http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=250849&CatId=0
,,,, artical for the Foxconn C51XEM2AA as i liked it http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/FoxconnC51XEM2AA/
will be getting 2 graphics card to go with the set too,,,, thanks for your time ,,,doj,,,, harris,,,,,

Relevancy 53.75%

I am fairly new to this board and need some advice. It looks like I will be needing to replace a motherboard. It is my son's computer and he just spent $75 to have a repairman tell him his MB was shot and a new one would cost $375 plus labor. Needless to say, I brought it home and am trying to fix it myself.
The computer is a HP Pavilion Model #6740C with an Intel Celeron 667 MHz; Socket 370 with an Intel 810 chipset. What else do I need to know in order to find the correct fit for this computer? Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find a motherboard for my HP that is not real expensive? I have looked at several sites but haven't been able to find the right one yet. I'm not sure what brand the MB is. Any suggestions??

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,
I'm looking for a new computer these days, and I need an advice for the motherboard. Actually I don't have much money, and I need a motherboard with an AGP slot (it will be better if it has a PCI-E either for further video card upgrade), supporting celeron-D cpu.
Looking in the stores nearby I noticed this one:
Asrock P4DUAL- 880 PRO - s.478, VIA PT880 Pro/ 8237R, HT, Prescott Ready, 800, 4xDDR400 Dual ch., PCI Express Graphics slot, AGP8x, Lan, sound, ...and so on
It seems to have everything I need and it's kinda cheap (as it has a Via chipset). What can you advice me? I don't need excellent performance, only a working PC And what does "dual" means - do I have to buy dual channel RAM only?
thanx a lot.

A:Question about buying a motherboard

"Dual" in the model name means it supports either PCI ex or AGP graphics, also it supports dual ram technology which you will have to install in identical pairs.
Use single if you don't want dual ram set up. See link for manual
http://www.asrock.com/product/P4Dual-880Pro.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-buying-a-motherboard.433502/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey... I currently have

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz
3GB RAM
Club3d HD4850 512mb Overclocked Edition
580W PSU
Asus P5LD2-X/1333 motherboard

And i really, really need a new mobo to upgrade to a quad core cpu.
So i need one that supports quad core, has integrated sound card (5.1), Has at least 2 ram sockets, at least 1 pci express 2.0 socket, integrated Ethernet/internet or whatever it was and anything else to support my current pc components.

So... here's the thing... how do i know what motherboard to buy to be sure it is compatible with the gpu,cpu etc.
here are the mobos i can buy http://www.ordi.ee/EPood/Products.aspx?MC=KOMP&IC=1100

Choose from that link and something good but not too expensive please.
Just help me choose ask me for more information.

Relevancy 53.75%

I am currently totally broke after buying a new Graphics card and a new PSU buying on new motherboard? suggestions Any a Now I Any suggestions on buying a new motherboard? need to change my motherboard because my current one has BIOS from HP which blocks all overclocking facilities I want to overclock my q to minimum of from its stock speeds but I have a new heatsink and fan for extra cooling Now the problem is that I need a very cheap motherboard which has a good chipset for overclocking and also which will support PCI-E I have looked up couple of motherboards but I can't decide which one to get I was planning on to getting ASRock P DE So any one has any suggestions for me Furthermore I was looking at one site and they are selling Asus P G T-M-LX Intel G S PCI-E x DDR OC SATA GB s mATX On Board VGA I duno if there is a mistake somewhere but they are displaying in the title that this motherboard has a PCI-E but I have checked intel's chipset specs and that suggests G cannot support

A:Any suggestions on buying a new motherboard?

If you don't mind a factory refub then you should consider this board from EVGA, it will overclock nicely.

EVGA123-YW-E175

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148291-any-suggestions-buying-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 53.75%

i have a dee optiplex gx 280 and i have 8 gb ram and a navida quatro 1 gb video card and seagate 500 gb harddrive i put in liquid cooling and a bigfoot 1gb enternet card got 2 sony dvd rewriters and the stock power supply just need to know if i can upgrade the cpu i like the pc it is working fine just would like to make it all it can be im running windows 7 ultimate and got good scores on proformance test
processor: 4.2
memory (ram): 5,2
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming graphics:4.7
primary hard drive:5.9
what would help othere then buying a new pc please help

A:Can I change my CPU without buying a new motherboard?

What's your motherboard model and what CPU do you have at the moment?

Also what do you use the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-change-my-cpu-without-buying-a-new-motherboard.179508/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying the following components for a new system. I want it for gaming, and just thought I'd get some opinions on whether it is worth the dosh; or if there are better components available for similar money.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.1GHz Socket AM2 1MB L2 (2x512KB) Cache Retail Boxed Processor - 68

Motherboard ASUS M2N68 nForce 630a Socket AM2+ - 50

Cheers

A:Processor + Motherboard: Worth buying?

well hat depends on what your other components are and what games you'll be playing, but besides these things, the combo looks good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-motherboard-worth-buying.121105/
Relevancy 53.32%

after much strife with my old board i gave up trying to fix it
here are the spare parts that i will be using to rebuild my system

AMD Phenom x4 960T 3.0ghz
ASUS EAH 6950 DCII 2gb
CORSAIR XMS3 CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 (4 x 2gb)
CORSAIR TX 750w
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

can anyone recommend a decent budget board to put it all on? would be a great help

thanks

A:Advice on buying gaming motherboard please

Depends on your budget really....

ASUS MB M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD AM3+ uATX 90-MIBG70-G0EAY00Z

Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 Motherboard Phenom II Socket AM3 AMD 880G RAID Gigabit Ethernet (rev 3.1)

ASRock 880GMH-USB3 Motherboard AMD Socket AM3 AMD 880G + AMD SB710 ATX Gigabit LAN (Integrated AMD Radeon HD 4250 Graphics)

.... all these are full of features and cost around ?50

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223532-advice-buying-gaming-motherboard-please.html
Relevancy 53.32%

For some reason i am going to buy a scrap motherboard for 5 to 6 months. please help in finding a better scrap motherboard. while buying what should i check please list it.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/64504-what-check-while-buying-scrap-motherboard.html
Relevancy 53.32%

What is the best memory I can have on the following motherboard:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M4A785-M

For a normal price.. no need for high-end four months of salary thing
I want 4GB or maybe more (I do run 64bit win 7)

Thanks in advance !

A:Buying new memory, motherboard support

Computer memory upgrades for ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard from Crucial.com

Above link shows all compatible RAM at Crucial.com using their configurator for your motherboard model.

Take your pick from that list. You can buy from Crucial directly or make note of the part numbers and buy that RAM at the dealer of your choice.

There are several speed choices in that list. In your situation, I would just get the standard PC2-5300, Non-ECC:

CT2KIT25664AA667

Priced at 49.99. You may be able to find that same part number at a lower price at another retailer such as Newegg.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187709-buying-new-memory-motherboard-support.html
Relevancy 52.46%

my laptop is dell inspiron n5110
Ram : 6GB
processor : intel core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHZ
Video Card : Nvidia GT 525M (1GB)
i want upgrade my Graphic Card But
I heard some people say graphic card fixed in motherboard  !
The solution : Replace Motherboard
i wanna know which is compatible with my laptop
and Nvidia GTX 600 or higher
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984075
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I have recently decided to get a new graphics card for my HP Compaq Presario CQ5320Y. After opening it up I only see one PCI slot and 2 black slots that are unkown to me. I have done a little research and some sites say that there are PCI express slots but i am not sure which ones those are. Anyways after looking around, I decided on this card but am still not sure if its the best i should get, an suggestions? I am looking for a card for mostly gaming and am willing to spend up to $100 - $150 tops. This is the one I have decided on so far. Galaxy Technology 512 MB DDR3 GeForce GTS250 Graphics Card 25SFF6HX1RUI (sorry about no links unable to post links or images for now)

A:Deciding on buying new graphics card and need help with motherboard slots

The HP Compaq Presario CQ5320Y does have 1 PCI-E x16 slot and 1 PCI-E x1 slot. The best option for you would be to purchase an ATI Radeon HD 5770. It will give vastly superior performance compared to the GTS 250. However, for either card, your PSU will be insufficient. Presently your system has a 250W PSU. You will need one in excess of 400W with sufficient amperage on the 12V rails. The Corsair 400CX should be good enough but the 450VX is a safer bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deciding-on-buying-new-graphics-card-and-need-help-with-motherboard-slots.152761/
Relevancy 46.01%

So i bought new RAM for my pc 2x2 gB OCZ Gold Series and i keep getting BSOD's now. my pc components are on my profile page.
I have made a .zip with all my DMP files(four).
I tried to translate it but it says i'm using the wrong symbols , please help.
My Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit is now 1 day old.

A:BSOD's after buying new RAM

Come on people, please help me..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110720-bsods-after-buying-new-ram.html
Relevancy 45.15%

First of all I really do apologize if I've created a similar thread to other users I'll be browsing the forum tomorrow at work The last few days have been extremely annoying I've had weird crashes and BSOD's One crash was so bad it resulted in my old HDD OCZ SSD being unable to see itself in Windows setup when I tried to reformat it I put it down to being a bad HDD so today I HDD after BSOD nvlddmkm.sys) new buying (ntoskrnl.exe & bought a new one sandisk SSD Installed it fine installed windows fine drivers etc and after installing a few such as Video and soundcard it gave me a BSOD BSOD after buying new HDD (ntoskrnl.exe & nvlddmkm.sys) which was ntoskrnl exe Didn't think too much of BSOD after buying new HDD (ntoskrnl.exe & nvlddmkm.sys) it driver conflict or whatever started playing a game mins into the game the BOOM another one nvlddmkm sys da I don't think it's my HDD this time as it's brand new and bluescreenview is pointing me towards a driver issue probably video This is what I have tested so far WITHOUT any issues reported Memtest x over night updated DirectX running latest Nvidia drivers I haven't had a chance to complete the video card test OCCT just the RAM option and reported no errors If anyone has had same issue please point me in the right direction as this is really annoying I have uploaded the crash dumps reported by windows

A:BSOD after buying new HDD (ntoskrnl.exe & nvlddmkm.sys)

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/287478-bsod-after-buying-new-hdd-ntoskrnl-exe-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Recently I purchased a GTX 550 ti to replace my HD 5570 for this month old rig:

i7 2600k
8 GB Ram
1440x900
500 Watt PSU

Now I am getting this BSOD error: 0x00000116

Caused by this driver: dxgkrnl.sys

I have looked up troubleshooting on google and I am getting the following:

"If overclocking, STOP"

The card came already overclocked:
Core Clock: 951
Shader Clock: 1903
Memory Clock: 2178

Is it possible that either the overclock or my low wattage PSU is the problem? I have done a driver sweep of all AMD drivers.

A:BSOD on Windows 7 after buying new GTX 550ti

Battlefield 3 isn't as perfectly optimized at the moment. It could be that the game was a result of my BSOD's as I had battlelog open on both occurences. I just repaired the game and played it for about a half hour, also running firefox for about a half hour, no BSOD's.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-windows-7-after-buying-new-gtx-550ti-609221.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello guys, Around 2 days ago I bought a new mobo and a processor, after making a clean install of windows I left my computer to download some steam games, around 6 hours later when I came from work I noticed my computer rebooted and then I saw the BSOD screen thing that shows after you have a BSOD, I didnt look much into it and went to play some CoD for around 4 hours, then I tried to download a game again and left the computer iddle for some hours and again when I came back It had a BSOD, So I assume it only happens when my computer is iddle maybe? Also I'm just wondering if it is a hardware or a software, and I'm just going insane...

Hope you guys can help me.

The new stuff I bought for my computer is

AMD FX-8350
ASUS M5A97 R2.0

my other parts are:
ati 7850
8gb RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsod-after-buying-new-mobo-and-processor-959665.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi everyone So IMPORTANT: - Graphics Problem Buying new Card BSOD I've been having a lot of problems with my computer lately By that I mean it gives me BSOD a lot of times when I play games So I decided to buy some new ram hoping that IMPORTANT: Buying new Graphics Card - BSOD Problem the BSOD will go away but it didn't Its not a big problem because I did want to get new rams anyway So right now I've been reading a lot about the BSOD error I get which BlueScreenView program says it's caused by driver dxgkrnl sys which leads to the graphics card I have the GTX and I had it ever since it came out so IMPORTANT: Buying new Graphics Card - BSOD Problem its been years now which I think its dying on me and might be the reason why I keep getting BSOD I do have all the drivers installed and I've re installed Windows a couple of times too I've attached the dump files from the BSOD maybe you guys know what to do So I want to buy a new Graphics Card GTX I'm just not sure which one to get Main reason is because I want to max out the newest games like Far Cry Crysis etc and hopefully by getting a new Graphics Card it will solve my problems with the BSOD Here is my system specs now Case Coolermaster Haf X Motherboard EVGA X X-Sli Memory Ram G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Processor Intel Core i Quad Core MB Cache GHz Heatsink Coolermaster V Video Card GTX PNY Power Supply Corsair W Monitor LG x Full HD Inch Hard Drive Western D tb WD Gb OS Windows Bit My Files If you could suggest a good GTX from ncix ca or newegg ca or tigerdirect ca NO com Thanks a lot and I appreciate if you could help me out

A:IMPORTANT: Buying new Graphics Card - BSOD Problem

How old is your current power supply?

A 0x116 crash usually means the display card or power supply if the crashes are due to hardware. Check that the display card has clean contacts and is not covered in dust. Try Another Display Card - Clean Contacts - Remove Dust
Have you tried older/newer display card drivers?NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Quote:

NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Advanced Driver Search

Product Type: GeForce
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Product Series: GeForce 400 Series
Language:
Product: GeForce GTX 480
Recommended/Beta: Recommended/Certified

Search

Code:
Name Version Release Date
GeForce 314.22 Driver WHQL 314.22 March 25, 2013
GeForce 314.07 Driver WHQL 314.07 February 18, 2013
GeForce 310.90 Driver WHQL 310.90 January 5, 2013
GeForce 310.70 Driver WHQL 310.70 December 17, 2012
GeForce 306.97 Driver WHQL 306.97 October 10, 2012
GeForce 306.23 Driver WHQL 306.23 September 13, 2012
GeForce 301.42 Driver WHQL 301.42 May 22, 2012
GeForce 296.10 Driver WHQL 296.10 March 13, 2012
GeForce 295.73 Driver WHQL 295.73 February 21, 2012
GeForce 285.62 Driver WHQL 285.62 October 24, 2011
GeForce 280.26 Driver WHQL 280.26 August 9, 2011
GeForce 275.33 Driver WHQL 275.33 June 1, 2011
GeForce/ION Driver v270.61 WHQL 270.61 April 18, 2011
GeForce/ION Driver v266.58 WHQL 266.58 January 18, 2011
GeForce/ION Release 260 WHQL 260.99 October 25, 2010
GeForce/ION Release 260 WHQL 260.89 October 18, 2010

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/important-buying-new-graphics-card-bsod-problem-690977.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Here's the clif notes: Got a brand new (not refurb) lenovo desktop. win 7 62 bit - blue screen all the time, random times. I'm not a gamer, i had very little installed.

Took a picture, called support with the code, they sent a guy out and he replaced my motherboard. All seemed good - for a few hours. Got two new bsod. Attached are the 2 recent minidumps and a screenshot of my specs, and that other file requested.

Hope you guys can help. I am still under warrantee and can probably raise hell and get another new machine, but it's been 3 weeks and I just want to use the thing

Thanks

A:New Lenovo - BSOD, Warrantee Replaced Motherboard, New BSOD 3 weeks

Hello, welcome to SevenForums!

Nothing shown as far as processes go, and you have a 109* critical structure corruption bugcheck for one of the two dumps, so it's most likely hardware related, usually memory of hard drive.

I would recommend running Memtest to ensure your memory isn't faulty.

Check your hard drive for any errors as well with chkdsk:

Open the "Computer" window
Right-click on the drive in question
Select the "Tools" tab
In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>.
Drivers in need of update:

Quote:

LVUSBS64.sys - LVUSBS64 Thu Oct 11 21:39:40 2007 (Logitech Camera driver). Update here.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff960001360e8, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800a9cad00, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+c8
fffff960`001360e8 498b5528 mov rdx,qword ptr [r13+28h]

CONTEXT: fffff8800a9cad00 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800a9cad00)
rax=fbfff900c0ce84a0 rbx=fffffa8009de7bf0 rcx=040006ff3f317b48
rdx=0000000000000100 rsi=fffff900c00d20a0 rdi=0000000000000001
rip=fffff960001360e8 rsp=fffff8800a9cb6e0 rbp=fffff900c00d2280
r8=fffff900c00d20a0 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff900c00d20a0
r11=fffff900c334ca80 r12=0000000000000000 r13=fbfff900c0ce84a0
r14=0000000000000004 r15=fffff900c0e00b90
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00210286
win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+0xc8:
fffff960`001360e8 498b5528 mov rdx,qword ptr [r13+28h] ds:002b:fbfff900`c0ce84c8=????????????????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff960001360e8

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a9cb6e0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+0xc8
FOLLOWUP_IP:
win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+c8
fffff960`001360e8 498b5528 mov rdx,qword ptr [r13+28h]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+c8

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: win32k

IMAGE_NAME: win32k.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4f10ff24

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800a9cad00 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+c8

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+c8

Followup: MachineOwner

------------------------------------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
This bugcheck is generated when the kernel detects that critical kernel code or
data have been corrupted. There are generally three causes for a corruption:
1) A driver has inadvertently or deliberately modified critical kernel code
or data. See htt... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216169-new-lenovo-bsod-warrantee-replaced-motherboard-new-bsod-3-weeks.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Motherboard:
P8Z77-V DELUXE

CPU:
Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz

Graphics Card:
GTX 550 ti

It all runs fine up until it says "Starting Windows", then the ball things float about and the blue screen happens, every time. It goes off too fast to read but I got a look at and doesn't have any specific reasons on it.
I've checked the RAM already and I'm pretty sure that's not the problem, alone with the graphics card.
Anybody know of any solutions?

Thanks!

A:New motherboard and CPU BSOD?

Hi Welcome to TSF

So let me guess you have new motherboard and new CPU
and the drive has windows installed which was being used with last motherboard and CPU correct?

That is not going to work since your OS installed on the hard drive has drivers which are to work with your old motherboard
You need to backup your Data from that hard drive (documents, files, pics, videos, music) and reinstall windows

Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/new-motherboard-and-cpu-bsod-642618.html
Relevancy 38.27%

can anyone tell what causes my bsod specs mobo gigabyte z -ds h cpu intel k memory gskill ripjaw x gb gpu gigabyte windforce gtx case haf advanced usb ports on front psu corsair tx ssd vertex for windows ssd hyperx for steam usb keyb and mouse windows ultimate from microsoft site i can reboot in every th time or so its random also i cant fix grub because my bios uses efi a couple of times boot-thing found parts of ubuntu and tried to boot it not anymore i have cpu bsod and motherboard new after new motherbord new cpu and new memory when i boot i can put in my password and bsod after new motherboard and cpu then i login and after sec bsod what causes this EDIT i bought new memory because windows built in memory test found errors in my memory that was before i bought new memory also my cooler is corsair h i its around c usually it looks like this Gyazo - b dddfe b f c facf c png i have internal harddrives usb harddrives are disconnected atm

A:bsod after new motherboard and cpu

Hello and welcome lowbatt mate some system specs please and also could you elucidate which are old parts and which are new. Now I am already thinking the hard drive and / or the GPU and even the PSU maybe the problem.
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349342-bsod-after-new-motherboard-cpu.html
Relevancy 38.27%

A:BSOD - Motherboard?

This is pretty straight foward, your nvidia video card driver. Please download and install fresh copy of it

Code:
BugCheck D1, {fffffa7fb83d2914, 2, 0, fffff8801026bcea}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+384cea )

---------
~Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/93930-bsod-motherboard.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi so my rig motherboard? BSOD, it CPU, is RAM, or after a few years seems to have run into a major problem I'll apologize in advance for the amount of backstory and BSOD, is it CPU, RAM, or motherboard? make a TLDR at the bottom Four days ago after restarting my computer would BSOD or kernel panic immediately when starting I say kernel panic because I run Snow Leopard on one of my hard drives I have never had any issues with it Both BSOD and Kernel Panic would point at the same things so I knew it BSOD, is it CPU, RAM, or motherboard? shouldn't be software driver related Two separate installs of different OS's both saying there's a problem I ran memtest and BSOD, is it CPU, RAM, or motherboard? it turns out one of my gb sticks was definitely bad so I pulled it I installed a clean Windows x to do further testing It boots but would still BSOD with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or memory corruption etc I can post these if needed I found out that when I reset my CMOS to try and fix it I didn't set my voltages correctly afterwards so I bumped my RAM up to volts as it's specified for - and bumped my vcore of my CPU down from to this is what I used to run stable on Now it seems like my computer is running fine no more BSOD but still crashing I played osu for a while and it ran fine then I played Starcraft and just the game actually crashed citing something about memory I tried playing another game this time it froze and hung indefnitely So now I have restarted it from there and taken out the gb stick that would have been paired with the one I pulled earlier giving me gb total now TLDR Aside from running memtest overnight what should I be doing to diagnose my problem I still don't know if its my RAM CPU or Motherboard I'm running Prime right now to try and get it to crash and give me some useful information Also perhaps unrelated but these issues did start happening right after I got a Razer Deathadder Black edition How would I test whether or not this is causing my issues Specs Gigabyte GA-EP -UD P Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield gb mushkin ddr - Geforce GT mb five SATA drives in AHCI

A:BSOD, is it CPU, RAM, or motherboard?

Just ran the driver verifier on everything non-microsoft and rebooted. All good.

Attaching my performance monitor report as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-is-it-cpu-ram-or-motherboard-617897.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Windows x Windows Os cam pre-installed I think months old but the motherboard is about months old OS cam pre-installed AMD Athlon II X Processor ATI radeon HD Not sure about motherboard Not sure about power supply HP f Hello My computer has been getting the BSOD a lot and i want to fix it Im not BSOD motherboard even new after really sure exactly what i need to help you guys figure out the problem so ill just tell you everything i BSOD even after new motherboard know BSOD even after new motherboard lol I was getting the BSOD even after new motherboard BSOD about months ago to the point where my computer would not even turn on I sent to to microsoft and they changed the motherboard Now its happening again When i get the BSOD it sometimes says system service exception or IRQL not less or equal It usually happens when i have multiple tabs open or im using blender or unity I found this page and ran the problem solving thing and it says Code Windows Problem Shut down unexpectedly Files that help describe the problem - - dmp sysdata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Shut down unexpectedly Files that help describe the problem - - dmp sysdata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer If you guys want me to post the files i can do that Ill do the memory check thing that the website i linked recommend and ill get back to you with the results

A:BSOD even after new motherboard

Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-even-after-new-motherboard-608284.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello i have recently Changed my motherboard my motherboard name is Gigabyte G m-e sl And i am getting BSODs ever since It s not like i was also getting BSOD before installing new motherboard But i am guessing that this is a new problem Again I want to say that this is my guess only Ok whenever I am doing something like playing games or browsing internet i get BSOD which says Next time when I restart the computer i get the message that quot System has recovered from a serious error quot When i click on what the report contains i get this Then Help!!!! BSOD, New motherboard I went to event viewer and looked for an error at the same time of crash and i found this When i clicked on Microsoft Help and support link i got this Apart from this my lan driver which I downloaded from this site quot http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl quot BSOD, New motherboard Help!!!! and driver name is quot Atheros AR AR Driver quot when i run it on my system it says Installer cannot find Atherosfamily eternet controller on your system quot thought this would help There are more things which I think may help While installing motherboard i found out that pins of my cpu fan were broken My friend repaired them and applied coolant I am BSOD, New motherboard Help!!!! not sure if he fixed it completely or not So i went ahead and took a snapshot of speed fan software which I am posting here After every BSOD i get my clock resets itself to january i have no idead what that means i hope you do Thanks for reading this detailed summary of my system s comdition PLZZZ help nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

BSOD from either the Motherboard or the GPU Okay I'm unsure of which it is Or if it's a software issues but I keep getting a rash of BSOD's First here are my specs OS Windows Pro Bit the the GPU. either BSOD or Motherboard from Debugged SP CPU Intel Core i - GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Corsair H CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Samsung EVO GB quot Solid State Drive Storage Samsung EVO GB quot Solid BSOD from either the Motherboard or the GPU. State Drive Video Card Asus GeForce GTX GB ROG Video Card Case Corsair D ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Corsair RM W Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply One of the most common I have been getting is a X F But there have been others too I've flashed the BIOS flushed the CMOS and reinstalled Windows three times I mainly the the X F when I try to launch a exe I was trying to install HD Sentinal to monitor my SSD's and also Norton Utilities Each time BAM BSOD I've run Memtest for six hours and no errors are found I haven't even boosted my RAM past the default speeds I was hoping to get her running perfectly before I started to OC and whatnot I'm going to add into this a dump log of a couple different crashes It doesn't have the X F crash though I've started to get rid of all the ASUS software that I installed hoping that it is the culprit but I'm still unsure The following are the dump logs On Sat AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module iomap sys xFFFFF A DF Bugcheck code x xFFFFF C C x xFFFFF A DF x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system drivers iomap sys product ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for Windows company ASUSTeK Computer Inc description ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver iomap sys ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT ASUSTeK Computer Inc Google query ASUSTeK Computer Inc PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA On Sat AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module iomap sys IOMap x Bugcheck code x xFFFFF C C x xFFFFF A DF x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system drivers iomap sys product ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for Windows company ASUSTeK Computer Inc description ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver iomap sys ASUS Kernel Mode Driver for NT ASUSTeK Computer Inc Google query ASUSTeK Computer Inc PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA On Sat AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x x xFFFFF A F D xFFFFF A F A x E Error BAD POOL HEADER file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a pool header is corrupt This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time This is my first build and... Read more

A:BSOD from either the Motherboard or the GPU.

Here is the DM log, too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347168-bsod-either-motherboard-gpu.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I've recently got me these:
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161279
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157176

Before, everything was fine, but since I've installed these, I've been getting blue screens after the loading screen. My previous motherboard only supports ddr2 rams so I can't say for sure what the problem is. Any suggestions? Thanks

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all I recently upgraded my motherboard from a Gigabyte P -S G to a Gigabyte G M-ES L rev with F bios I have hard drives installed on the system a GB with Linux Mint bit and a TB with Win BSOD motherboard upgrade after 7 windows professional bit and Win 7 BSOD after motherboard upgrade most of my important data The error I get is the same as - http www sevenforums com attachmen -usb-photo jpg It happens just when the windows logo starts animating I have no problems booting into linux apart from my soundcard not working after many tries To check if there is a hardware issue with the sound I would like to check it in windows but it doesn't even boot I have tried the following to make it boot - Disabled Azalia codec in bios Didn't work Tried to boot into safe mode but it BSODs after the black and white driver loading screen Tried startup repair but it is not able to fix anything Tried looking for changing the hard drive mode to ahci or sata or ide The advanced options only have options as listed on page of the manual GIGABYTE GA-G M-ES L USER MANUAL Pdf Download and none of them worked Now I dont mind re-installing the OS as I need to anyway to find out my key when I upgrade from bit to bit However as the license is tied to the motherboard and I am not sure how many I have left having already installed win on two other motherboards and whether I would need to RMA this current motherboard I dont want to end up in a situation in the future where I have a new motherboard but no license available for win What should I do in this case Is there any way to find out how many win licenses I have left from the ISO I got the ISO from my university's MSDNAA page many years ago Or is there any way to fix the BSOD I have a driver CD so is it possible to install the appropriate drivers from there

A:Win 7 BSOD after motherboard upgrade

I would suggest to read http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-new-post.html for troubleshooting the 0x7B

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388289-win-7-bsod-after-motherboard-upgrade.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I recently got a new motherboard (GIGABYTE GA-81915P-MF). I was on an AGP board and I upgraded so I could get a newer graphics card.
I installed the new motherboard (without uninstalling Windows XP Pro) and I get BSOD. I have tried reinstalling XP PRO, booted from disc. It would work for a while until it froze, and then BSOD again. I have put in new hard drives and it still won't work. I get various BSOD's everytime. I'm not overclocking, my cpu chip is perfectly compatible and I have 2GB RAM so it can't be memory.
Help please, any ideas?

A:HELP: New Motherboard w/o Reinstall, BSOD!!

What are BSOD error numbers?

Did the old mother board have an INTEL Chipset in it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-new-motherboard-w-o-reinstall-bsod.778063/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all I've been getting BSOD (motherboard prob maybe?) the BSOD the last few days while on my PC It mainly seems to occur when I've got a lot of tabs open in my BSOD (motherboard prob maybe?) web browser or sometimes while playing a game I can leave the computer idling with very little load on the hardware and it won't crash I can also listen to music and watch video including p and it won't crash Once after a reboot the BIOS indicated no HDDs on any of the SATA ports were detected I unplugged SATA leads and replugged them in and now the machine will boot into windows again but I still get the BSOD I ran SeaTools to check my Seagate drive which is only about weeks old and also running windows SeaTools indicated no problems Although I didn't run the advanced tools as I wasn't quite sure if they would lose any data I ran memtest to check the memory It reported no errors but I've only run the test once will have to run it a few more times tonight I made an attempt at looking through the dmp file myself but I keep getting an error indicating quot Your debugger is not using correct symbols quot If anyone could help me find out what the problem is I'm guessing it's my motherboard I would be greatly appreciative The motherboard amp CPU are going on their th year and I know I'll eventually have to replace the lot but I'm hoping I can get another - months out of this machine Thanks Onji

A:BSOD (motherboard prob maybe?)

Quote: Originally Posted by onji

Hi all

I've been getting the BSOD the last few days while on my PC. It mainly seems to occur when I've got a lot of tabs open in my web browser, or sometimes while playing a game.

I can leave the computer idling with very little load on the hardware and it won't crash.

I can also listen to music and watch video, including 1080p, and it won't crash.

Once after a reboot the BIOS indicated no HDDs on any of the SATA ports were detected. I unplugged SATA leads and replugged them in, and now the machine will boot into windows again, but I still get the BSOD.

I ran SeaTools to check my Seagate drive, which is only about 7 weeks old and also running windows. SeaTools indicated no problems. Although.... I didn't run the advanced tools as I wasn't quite sure if they would lose any data.

I ran memtest86 to check the memory. It reported no errors, but I've only run the test once, will have to run it a few more times tonight.

I made an attempt at looking through the dmp file myself but I keep getting an error indicating "Your debugger is not using correct symbols".

If anyone could help me find out what the problem is, I'm guessing it's my motherboard, I would be greatly appreciative. The motherboard & CPU are going on their 5th year and I know I'll eventually have to replace the lot, but I'm hoping I can get another 9-12 months out of this machine.

Thanks
Onji

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp,sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178382-bsod-motherboard-prob-maybe.html
Relevancy 37.84%

BSOD since new motherboard installed I have my minidump file

thanks in advance

A:BSOD since new motherboard installed

All the failing moduls are Ntfs.sys, fltmgr.sys and fileinfo.sys. A common trio. May occur simply due to a bad HDD, or improperly placed/bad cables; as well as virus infections and even due to some file system monitoring mechanism of an ambitious antivirus.

Do some disc checks.
Update your SSD's Firmware (Skip it, if you are not using a SSD)
Re-seat the sata and power. Also you may try changing the SATA cables.

Place the SATA port in another unused port on the motherboard (assuming a particular port is problematic).
Run chkdsk /f/r, following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
Have you performed a clean reinstall after swapping the motherboard?

And upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284273-bsod-since-new-motherboard-installed.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My computer died. I replaced the motherboard with an ASRock z97 Extreme6 and an Intel 4790k. The machine will start fine and the BIOS, to the best of my ability, does not show anything amiss. When I boot into Windows it immediately blue screens and show a message to launch the repair program.

It says it can't repair the system. I'm trying to boot from the original DVD but no luck so far. Just boots into Windows and dies.

Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383681-new-motherboard-cpu-boots-but-w7-bsod.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all, after i got my new motherboard and cpu i started getting a lot of BSOD on random events.
Sometimes it happens when im playing Heroes of Newerth or even when im browsing the web.
My PC specs:
Motherboard - Asus P8H61 plus 1155
CPU - Intel i3 3220
RAM - 4 GB ddr3
GPU - Ati Radeon HD 4650
Browser - Firefox 24.0

Here is the dump from SF Diagnostic.
Thanks.

A:Random BSOD after new motherboard and cpu

Checked 5 of your latest crash dumps, and they are all different.

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffffa9003ed3040, 1, fffff80002acbdac, 5}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+43801 )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa90042b55b0, 0, fffff88002d8740c, 5}

***** Debugger could not find nt in module list, module list might be corrupt, error 0x80070057.

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880018ea149, fffff88007f74e60, 0}

Probably caused by : Npfs.SYS ( Npfs!NpFreeClientSecurityContext+d )
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800319a0a8, fffff88003199900, fffff80002a66773}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!RtlDeleteNoSplay+93 )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 10E, {1f, fffff8a00c44be50, 0, 36ee8a}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CompleteBuildPagingBufferIteration+12b )
So versatility. It is possible that either the RAM or the board is bad. Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

If memtest comes free from errors, RMA the board.

BTW, I guess you have performed a clean install after changing the board?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309949-random-bsod-after-new-motherboard-cpu.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all after upgrade BSOD motherboard/CPU I need some help in figuring out a problem with my Dad s System I had him upgrade his mobo and RAM because I had an athlon XP lying BSOD after motherboard/CPU upgrade around that wasnt being used So he bought the ASUS A N X and DDR memory Anyways I put the new mobo in and connected all the IDE cables and such which I have done several times for several different CPUs Now when I turn the PC on it loads up until it gets to the Windows XP loading screen and then a Blue Screen of Death appears which is unreadable because the system reboots directly after the screen comes up It just keeps repeating this process over and over again even when I try to boot into safe mode I have no idea what the problem is I ve tried to put my athlon in my video card my ram and the same thing happens This leads me to believe its the HDD which confuses me because last night his system was running fine until I put the new mobo in I did change all the IDE cables to the ones that came with the new mobo perhaps it could be bad cables I have to drive back to his house to get the old cables because I didn t bring them with me to my house and I m going to replace them and see what happens In the meantime however any help suggestions would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:BSOD after motherboard/CPU upgrade

So you've changed the motherboard & expected Windows to work as if nothing had changed ?

Try do to a Windows repair & for future reference, here's how you should've done the switch -> Swapping your board without so much as a reinstall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-motherboard-cpu-upgrade.27936/
Relevancy 37.84%

I previously posted an issue that turned out to be that two slots on the motherboard weren't reading the RAM correctly This is that post SOLVED Windows BSOD with various codes on fresh install I sent the computer back to HP for repair They replaced the CPU and motherboard and sent it back All seemed to be going perfectly since yesterday until two issues happened today First I was attempting to plug in headphones to the rear panel but couldn't quite see the holes at one point the computer just completely shut off while I was getting CPU BSOD and HP Still replaced motherboard after plugging the headphones in It wouldn't start for a minute or so until I opened the case pulled out the power and turned it back on After that all Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard seemed fine again Later tonight the computer froze in Windows for about seconds and then went to BSOD with PFN LIST CORRUPT and BCCODE e I'm back on now and it seems Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard to be running fine but the problem was intermittent before as well The report is Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard attached and the details of my computer are contained in the previous post Thank you so much for all of your help

A:Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage
check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/still-getting-bsod-after-hp-replaced-cpu-and-motherboard-555576.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys Im having some BSOD problems with my computer It has always been doing it but it never really bothered me cause it only happened about once a day But recently I started streaming online a lot and Im starting to get a following which as you can imagine is a problem when my stream cuts off an hour suspecting motherboard PSU the the or BSOD Im into the stream I looked through the event viewer and the computer was BSOD because of a WMI error which I fixed and because of the postreSQL which I didnt understand why but I uninstalled it and that stopped as well Now the computer is still blue screening but there are no errors that show up in the Event Viewer Im dual booting so I have memtest I had it last night and it came back with no errors Mind you i have x gb sticks and I did not run them individually Here are the specs OS Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU AMD Phenom II X T C Thuban nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A TD-V EVO AM C Graphics VW x Hz FP W x Hz MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series Gigabyte C MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series Gigabyte CrossFire Disabled Storage GB M -CT M SSD ATA Device SSD GB Western Digital WDC WD AALS- E A ATA Device SATA C Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device Please help me out I have speccy and will try my best to provide any additional information that's necessary to figure out the problem Regards Tod

A:BSOD Im suspecting the motherboard or the PSU

The PSU is LSP ultra 750W. Is it possible that Im not getting enough power? I am running two R9 200s.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-im-suspecting-the-motherboard-or-the-psu-1047186.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I'm experiencing a BSOD after running computer for more than a minute or two and doing simple tasks, unless in safe mode. It is probably just a driver compatibility issue. Error code 0x000000e1

Files attached.

A:BSOD after new motherboard install

Did you format and start over (reinstall Windows)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298669-bsod-after-new-motherboard-install.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all I recently changed my motherboard from a MSI A-G to a Gigabyte A-UD P Installing a motherboard boot pc after with new BSOD fresh copy of Windows Home Premium since the system would not boot after the mobo swap All the drivers are the current versions The problem first stared when i would wake the pc from sleep Almost immediately i would receive a BSOD The pc would reboot then all would be fine untill putting the system back in sleep mode and waking it up BSOD after pc boot with new motherboard again This would ALWAYS give me a BSOD I decided to start shutting down the pc instead of putting it to sleep Now every time i turn on the system I will BSOD after pc boot with new motherboard get either a BSOD or the pc booting into BSOD after pc boot with new motherboard Windows but not showing anything on the screen except the mouse pointer When i do get a BSOD the system restarts and boots perfectly fine the second time I ran memtest for hours with no failures I would like to fix this issue as it has become very bothersome PC SPECS Gigabyte A-UD P AMD FX- GB X GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR RAM MSI R Twin Frozr Radeon HD Western Digital TB RPM Corsair Watt PS

A:BSOD after pc boot with new motherboard

Hello and welcome LleBlanc mate can you boot into safe mode if so try these for starters..

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html<= DO NOT run on a SSD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315092-bsod-after-pc-boot-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey Guys! I bought a motherboard yesterday....a MSI PM9M-V...for a system that I have that was going up and down....I install it this morning....and the first thing it gives me is a PCI.SYS BSOD....Is it that the Motherboard could be faulty??....in particular the PCI slot on the board...(There's only one)....If not....what could it be??....I read somewhere that if it runs okay in the BIOS....then it's not the Motherboard....how true is that?? Any help would be great..

Thanks In Advance!

A:New Motherboard Giving BSOD

Please provide the full BSOD error message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-giving-bsod.687758/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, I recently brought a motherboard (Intel DP67DE) and like it was expected, when booting XP a blue screen appears... But thats not a problem at all becauses with the "Windows Repair" option it would be easy.

The problem is... I have already installed Linux (Kubuntu) with no problems, even Grub detects my old Windows installation. But then Windows Installation CD wont detect any of my HDDs, even if I use the same installation (no problems/errors in all the times I reinstalled windows).

Maybe it has to do with those new ports the motherboard have... Sata 3 and 4...

I just want to access my old windows one last time... then I can reinstall it.

If needed I will post my HDD name... When I get home
And thanks for taking the time reading my problem!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-bsod-hdd-not-detected.1063534/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys,

I just changed to a different motherboard because my other one broke and now I can't boot my Windows 7, understandably though. How can I make it work? I launched the setup repair which didn't help but I am now looking at the console. I am able to open regedit and load the SYSTEM hive and control the services in ControlSet001. Which drivers should I try playing with there to make it work?

My system:
CPU = Q6600
RAM = 2*2GB DDR-II
HD = SATA II 750GB
Old motherboard = GIGABYTE P35 DS3L rev 2.0
New motherboard = GIGABYTE G41M ES2L
Power supply = 520W pure
Video card = Sapphire HD 4870 1GB Toxic

Any idea what I should do? I really don't want to format my HD and install Windows again.

Thanks!

A:BSOD After Motherboard Change

Quote: Originally Posted by giaviv

Hey guys,

I just changed to a different motherboard because my other one broke and now I can't boot my Windows 7, understandably though. How can I make it work? I launched the setup repair which didn't help but I am now looking at the console. I am able to open regedit and load the SYSTEM hive and control the services in ControlSet001. Which drivers should I try playing with there to make it work?

My system:
CPU = Q6600
RAM = 2*2GB DDR-II
HD = SATA II 750GB
Old motherboard = GIGABYTE P35 DS3L rev 2.0
New motherboard = GIGABYTE G41M ES2L
Power supply = 520W pure
Video card = Sapphire HD 4870 1GB Toxic

Any idea what I should do? I really don't want to format my HD and install Windows again.

Thanks!

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167624-bsod-after-motherboard-change.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My DFI motherboard recently after BSOD's replacing motherboard failed and with them ending their consumer product line BSOD's after replacing motherboard was unable to have it replaced I bought instead a Gigabyte X A-OC which I have been happy with other than that I am getting BSOD's after replacing motherboard random bluscreens The same thing happens every time I start getting them I get one out of nowhere after a few hours of use usually during something system intensive like playing a game but not always then BSOD's after replacing motherboard keep getting them frequently either on start up or within five minutes of doing anything system intensive They have been going on since I started using the new motherboard I've just been busy and haven't really had time to fix it when the issue appears The bluescreen attacks have been off and on sometimes off for multiple weeks usually going away after I make some attempt to fix it but still always eventually comes back My initial thoughts was the graphics card driver so I uninstalled and reinstalled it which seemed to have fixed it for a time but I still wound up getting them eventually I then suspected the RAM so I ran memtest with all three sticks in which returned an error within minutes of running After going through all the stick to DIMM socket possible combinations they always wind up returning errors with all three slots full after repeated tests I also tried pulling all the sticks out and running each individually through three passes of memtest none of which returned any errors at all I put the system back together and managed to go another few days without a bluescreen but I just had a few and decided it's time to look for help Any assistance would be greatly appreciated -Windows Home Premium x -First installation on this motherboard -Full Retail version -Motherboard is months old all the rest of the parts were purchased throughout -OS was installed in October

A:BSOD's after replacing motherboard

Because of the errors that you're getting, please run Prime95 this way:
- run the Blend test and time how long it takes to make the first error
- run the Large FFT's test and time how long it takes to make the first error
- run the Small FFT's test and time how long it takes to make the first error
Let us know the times for each test and we can figure out what's causing errors.
Also need the make and model of your CPU.

SSD's also have problems with Win7 systems. Here's the info that I've gathered so far:

Quote:
There's not a whole bunch available to test SSD's. The "easiest" test is to remove the SSD, install a platter-based hard drive, install Windows and test for stability that way.

Here's some suggestions:
- Update the SSD's firmware to the latest available version (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
- Slow the memory (RAM) down to the next slower speed (I've only seen one person who claimed that this worked for them).
- Use any manufacturer's utilities that you may have. If you don't have any, then try this free one (I haven't used it myself): Crystal Dew World
- Update chipset and storage controller drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer of the device (not the manufacturer of the motherboard). Be sure to update ALL controllers on the motherboard!
....NOTE: Recently (Nov 2011) we had BSOD issues with the Marvell 91xx controller and an SSD. You may have to switch controllers also.-
Replace the SSD with a platter based hard drive and see if that stops the BSOD's. If it does, then it's likely that there's a problem with the SSD OR an incompatibility with your system.
It's my opinion that SSD's aren't reliable enough (with current hardware) to be used on a system that needs to work reliably. Until I see reliability I will not recommend, nor will I use, SSD's for critical applications.
06 Dec 2011 - This post tends to confirm issues with certain SSD chipsets and certain controllers - [SOLVED] cant find the cause of BSOD F4 - Tech Support Forum

GigaByte's ET6 (EasyTune6) is known to cause BSOD's on some systems. PLease uninstall it.

Please remove the overclock and test the system for stability without an overclock. Please leave the overclock off until we're finished troubleshooting your issues.

Silicon Image storage drivers date from 2007, please update these also.

Gigabyte EasySaver drivers are present in the memory dump. Although not specifically blamed, you may want to uninstall it to test it for problems.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\011712-13884-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Tue Jan 17 01:20:35.528 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:24:19.371
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+430
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff8a0`452b5800 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0ff7ebf0 00000000`00000005
BiosVersion = F3
BiosReleaseDate = 03/14/2011
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2670
CurrentSpeed: 3200
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\011212-12152-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Thu Jan 12 18:54:20.052 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:50.895
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Probably caused by : Rt64win7.sys ( Rt64win7+1352f )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: SteelVineManag
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_Rt64win7+1352f
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments fffff880`42f64770 00000000`00000002 0000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209080-bsods-after-replacing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I just bought a new motherboard and CPU. They are an ASUS P8Z68-V LX with an i5-2500k processor. It goes through the boot cycle all the way up until it says "Starting Windows", then it pauses and flashes BSOD for a split second.

A:BSOD when booting up my new motherboard & CPU

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215174-bsod-when-booting-up-my-new-motherboard-cpu.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello need help with bsods that occur at random times and windows error reporting service fails to upload to error reporting service to find solutions i have attached dm logs also a speccy snapshot of computers summary please help

A:BSOD on computer after motherboard upgrade

Anthony, tell me exactly what you did. What Motherboard did you switch from and to? Whern you switched, did you do a clean Install on the new board? I really need nore information on what is causing the BSODs and what you did. Your dump files read that you have Memory Corruption and hard drive problems.

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck D1, {66, 2, 1, fffff8800162daba}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
Followup: memory_corruption
Please Run Memtest86+

Information
Please download from this site only http://www.memtest.org/ in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip

Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

Also run the short and long test with Seatools for DOS SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356472-bsod-computer-after-motherboard-upgrade.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I have been experiencing a number of random BSOD not long after my screen, motherboard, and keyboard due to a bad spillage. At first, no problem appeared but then BSOD starts popping up, is this related? and after the BSOD when windows has started up (logged into computer), a blank orange screen appears for about 10 secs and the boot up song plays before I can use the computer. I have managed to take a picture of the BSOD and the orange screen. I hope you guys can help me, Thank you in advance .

Edit: I can't seem to be able to post the pic as it is too large, but here is what it said, "worker_thread_returned_at_bad_irql", and, **STOP: 0x000000E1 (0xFFFFF8000378D560, 0x0000000000000002, 0xFFFFFA801B17D760, 0xFFFFFA801B17D760). I hope this can help

A:BSOD After replacement of motherboard due to spillage

Hello wolfhound, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions below and post back with the needed information if able. Hopefully some will be able to help soon afterwards.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258188-bsod-after-replacement-motherboard-due-spillage.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all I have the blue screen that tells me there is an error and then the system crashes I have recently bought and had a shop install a brand new Gigabyte GA-B M-D H mother board and Intel i processor It did have a AMD graphic card but the man at the shop took it out processor new a was after BSOD installed. and motherboard I am not entirely clear why he just said the onboard graphic was ok so it wasn t needed It also has a brand new W power supply The machine has G memory x G which indecently is the only thing I have not replaced as the RAM is two years BSOD after a new motherboard and processor was installed. old Window Home is installed on a Seagate TB hard drive which is about a year old The machine boots up and I managed to set my WiFi router up and BSOD after a new motherboard and processor was installed. then it crashes with the blue screen I reboot again and get the windows pop-up box saying it has recovered Occationally when I restart after a crash it takes me to the instal windows set up screen I looked in the bios and it looks fine to and untrained eye like mine For example the processor was running cool at degrees I compared the bios setting to the bios manual and its seems to be set to the manufactures default BSOD after a new motherboard and processor was installed. settings I dont really know about conflicts and hardware But when I bought the motherboard and processor I did check Gigabytes web-site to make sure they were compatible I am a bit confused as to why after the crash and I reboot Windows is asking to install if I try to install on Disk Partition it tells me I cant Probably because Disk Partition has the system already on it I also occasionally get a video display that look crazy before the crash does this indicate something wrong with the graphics I notices the Intel has an option to set the graphics but again it crashed before I could do anything I did try to download and install the SF Diagnostic tool but I got the blue screen of death again before i could run it I am sorry I dont think I can post an error report for you to help me Thank you in advance

A:BSOD after a new motherboard and processor was installed.

is there any way you can somehow get into safe mode and get a look at and copy the event viewer and upload it here to see what it says about the blue screen errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316081-bsod-after-new-motherboard-processor-installed.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all,

I've got a new mobo, Asus P5Q SE2 (with the latest BIOS version 0801). I've been getting blue screens on startup, even before the login screen appears. If I press the reset button, I get the normal "Windows did not start correctly...." and select "Start Windows Normally" and it loads into Windows fine and don't have anymore issues. These blue screens don't happen every boot up and not on a warm boot, just on a cold boot.

The two blue screens have been (i) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and (ii) PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

My memory is Crucial Ballistix, DDR2 PC2-6400 2x1GB kit (BL2KIT12864AA80A).

Cheers in advance.

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5Q SE2 motherboard (BSOD)

Have you run any memory test diagnostics to see if it is the ram? Have you run any drive diagnostics? Is the system overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5q-se2-motherboard-bsod.153175/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi sevenforums I've been BSOD's Motherboard Frequent swapping in a after new helped out a lot in the past because you helped me get my laptop fixed These days I'm having a different problem I have pc with an Asrock Extreme R motherboard Frequent BSOD's after swapping in a new Motherboard which I recently put in there to replace the standard version of that motherboard The old motherboard got damaged in a blackout and I Frequent BSOD's after swapping in a new Motherboard didn't want to be without a pc for too long so I ordered a new one After I Frequent BSOD's after swapping in a new Motherboard swapped in the new Motherboard I installed or reinstalled all the drivers so those would be up to date But I still get a blue screen almost every day so I must have made a mistake somewhere Thanks in advance for your help Edit I ran WhoChrashed and all of my bsod's seem to point at these drivers atikmdag sys ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc atikmpag sys AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Some of the drivers included with my motherboard had to be installed with the AMD Catalyst Control panel I'm going to try reinstalling my GPU driver first And if that doesn't work I'll use driver sweeper to remove the driver and reinstall it again Edit Bluescreens became more frequent when i tried this so I continued by sweeping the driver and I'm going to reinstall it now

A:Frequent BSOD's after swapping in a new Motherboard

Hey Lecros .

Did you end up reinstalling the OS (after Edit2)?
If you did then the attached file is now invalid, please upload a new updated version .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320694-frequent-bsods-after-swapping-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello I recently upgraded Restart with & motherboard Amd Asrock Cpu and BSOD from a Biostar motherboard amp Amd Phenom x cpu BSOD & Restart with Asrock motherboard and Amd Cpu and Gb ram to Asrock GM-GS Fx motherboard amp Amd Fx x cpu and Gb Corsair Vengeance mhz Ram and at least twice a day some times more i get the BSOD and my pc restarts when windows is loaded up i get a message saying quot Windows has recoverd from a unexpected shutdown quot I have tried running my pc with just the basics running leds Dvd Rom drives case fans all unplugged then i tried disconnecting my graphics card and using onboard graphics tried installing windows times i began to think it was the ram that was at fault so sent it back and got the Corsair ones i mentioned above and still it happened so i took out the motherboard amp cpu and ram and put my old setup in with same graphics card amp harddrive and it ran fine for days put new motherboard amp processor fresh install of windows ultimate bit and BSOD amp restart started again the day after i have also tried bit amp bit of windows The only thing i could find on the internet was this thread a guy made on here http www sevenforums com crashes-d code-c - html me and him have three things in common same motherboard same processor we both use avg internet security Any help you can give would be appreciated amp very welcome i have attached Windows NT BSOD jcgriff Rar with PERFMON HTML file inside System Specs Motherboard Asrock GM-GS Fx Processor Amd Fx x GHz Ram Gb Corsair Vengeance mhz Graphics Card Ati Radeon HD Gb PSU EzCool Tornado W OS Windows Ultimate Bit Retail What Is The Age Of System hardware Motherboard amp Processor Ram Where Bought Brand New Weeks Ago Last Install

A:BSOD & Restart with Asrock motherboard and Amd Cpu

Analysis:AMD Without AMD Vision Engine Control CenterYour crashes have a variety of BugCheck codes. One was graphics related. I would suggest you install your AMD drivers without the Catalyst Control Center/Vision Engine Control Center software. Download the version of ATI drivers that you want to install, and then do the following steps.Start the installation program to install your drivers and ATI software. When you get to the option to Express/Custom install, cancel the installation. Your drivers should now exist in C:\AMD\Support\xx-x_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc where the x's replace your version number of the driver software.
Uninstall all AMD software related to your graphics card by uninstalling AMD Catalyst Install Manager in Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers:Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer.
Re-install your drivers from the C:\AMD\Support\xx-x_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc folder using a similar method to that in OPTION TWO of Drivers - Install Vista Drivers on Windows 7
BugCheck 0x124
You have a 0x124 hardware bugcheck. If the system is still under warranty, I would recommend sending it in to have diagnostic tests done and any bad hardware replaced.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240718-bsod-restart-asrock-motherboard-amd-cpu.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Right where to start I have built a custom PC needless to say its not my first so I knew what I was doing I installed Windows Ultimate to it and had it up and running fine it ran for hours then blue screened everything new and Memtest+ Motherboard BSOD, Tried even Random on me I thought it might have been a one off so tried again and it kept blue screening randomly no warning signs and not after a set time or a start up of a program just randomly Decided to run Memtest on all x Gig sticks of corsair vengeance They all passed twice Took a hour for each stick to pass twice That made me think it wasn't the memory seeing as they were brand new and then tested with memtest I then tried to test the computer with only one stick in memory slot still crashed memory slot two still crashed and and still blue screening on all ports I tried reinstalling windows and drivers for everything about times Same issue continued Even removed Graphics card and ran without encase it was that Random BSOD, Tried everything even new Motherboard and Memtest+ causing a issue and still same thing happened Brought another motherboard with same cu memory slots etc to replace the current mobo so that I could rule out the mobo being the problem even with new mobo fitted it still crashes Only Random BSOD, Tried everything even new Motherboard and Memtest+ other things it could be in my head is the CPU PSU or HDD I have a mem dump but its about meg and is only of one Random BSOD, Tried everything even new Motherboard and Memtest+ BSOD from fresh install with new mobo no gfx card and basic setup no extras installed other than drivers Read this Crash Reports - Read Followed instructions and got some info On Mon GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module Unknown x C D D Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFFA A xFFFF x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error Google query MEMORY MANAGEMENT Not really sure what else I could post to help figure out whats wrong Tried updating the BIOS to new version Set to defaults crash set to custom settings while talking it through with a PC tech guy and still same issue we both stumped and this has been going on for about a year now some one help I'll post any info that's needed seriously want this fixed so I can code again without fear of BSOD Edit as instructed here Blue Screen of Death BSOD Posting Instructions Attachment

A:Random BSOD, Tried everything even new Motherboard and Memtest+

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

After the next BSOD, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

And, as a test, uninstall CPU-z. It is probleming; but at this stage and with the data we have, it is tough to determine that the CPU-z itself is the reason behind the crashes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284589-random-bsod-tried-everything-even-new-motherboard-memtest.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Fair warning before reading this thread I don't have a lot of time on my hands and contacting me IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL getting BSOD RAM, Motherboard: still New Processor, via skype or phone would be TEN New Processor, RAM, Motherboard: still getting IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL BSOD times easier PM me if interested in helping me like seriously this is urgent because I am going off to college soon and need to have all of my issues fixed but any ways here we go Just upgraded my build to the New Processor, RAM, Motherboard: still getting IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL BSOD new k i processor GA-Z -D H motherboard and gb x ddr corsair vengeance RAM Even after upgrading I am still having this SAME blue screen that was getting before hand so I can definitely say it isn't my mobo processor or RAM however it MIGHT be my graphics card because I wasn't having the issues before I had that but I was having other blue screens so I don't really know exactly I also upgraded to a ssd and now windows is installed on that which wasn't what I used to do so the situation is a lot different now I honestly don't know what to do at this point I need help I am posting all of the appropriate info as attatchments please help out Oh this BSOD JUST happened to me about hours ago in the middle of a League of Legends match It has happened just just opening google chrome before but mainly while gaming and using both monitors for games and what not lemme know if I can post any information I will do so instantly because I get emails to my phone when someone posts so if you have something to say please say it thanks for all the help sean - x -bit or x bit - the original installed OS on the system Windows - an OEM or full retail version OEM - OEM came pre-installed on system - Full Retail you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system hardware mobo processor ram is brand new gpu is about months old as well as my ssd psu is about years old hdd is about years old - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS maybe days Might I add that my GPU drivers will not install to the Version They are stuck at even now after I upgraded don't know if this is related of if anyone knows what I'm talking about but I do the proper deleting of all the appropriate folders and such hidden ones as well drivers and everything related to ATI AMD and then do the reinstall of the catalyst suite yet I end up with the every time

A:New Processor, RAM, Motherboard: still getting IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL BSOD

More info that popped up when my computer rebooted after the BSOD:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: FFFFFA854F332D00
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF80002E103DA
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237477-new-processor-ram-motherboard-still-getting-irqlnotlessorequal-bsod.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey All,

I replaced my motherboard a little while back from an Asus to this new Gigabyte, and ever since I have been having random BSOD's. Can anyone let me know exactly where/what they are from and how I can resolve these? Thanks so much!

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

AMD Bulldozer FX 8150 OC'd to 4 GHz
Kingston Hyper X Ram 4 x 4096 MB
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
Crossfire Sapphire Radeon 6870's
750 W OCZ ZT Power Supply Unit

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe - Since replacement of motherboard

> AVG can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
> Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware:

MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc) in its place

Using MagicISO to create ISO image files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215650-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-since-replacement-motherboard.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello everyone defective motherboard? BSOD 0xf4 (0x3) HELP I have suddenly stumbled upon a BSOD problem I have been researching for BSOD 0xf4 (0x3) defective motherboard? HELP a long time now so BSOD 0xf4 (0x3) defective motherboard? HELP I am very grateful for any thoughts and help suggestions My PC specs are CPU AMD Phenom II X stock GHz Mobo Asus M A T-E BIOS rev and yes resetted CMOS after update RAM Corsair XMS MHz CL GB x HD system disk Corsair F SSD Sata Port HD Maxtor Dmax Sata port HD - x Seagate MB GB RAID Sata port and GPU Sapphire HD GB PSU Seasonic S- W OS Win -bit Pro Not overclocked Ok so this is how it goes When the PC is turned on for - hours I Always get a BSOD with bugcheck code xF and parmeter one being x Now please note that if I now reset the computer via the reset button on the case I get a message saying something like quot No boot device was recognized press any key to reboot quot But if I turn the PC off by holding in the power buttin and then turn it on everything runs normally with all devices detected Still every time I keep my PC on between - hours I am sure to get the above mentioned BSOD Since I have an SSD in the equation I am running on default MS SATA driver to make the TRIM command work for the SSD drive All my SATA ports are in AHCI mode in BIOS and I am running software RAID via Win disk management with the two Seagate drives HD maxtor is just an old storage drive Now I have been searhing for some remedy for this problem and considering others that have the same bug check code and parameter one people mention that it could be an HDD Motherboard issue Some say that there should always be a disk connected to a SATA Master port so if there is disk on SATA port there should already be another disk connected to SATA port one But I have ports - all occupied so that hould not be the problem Still considering that no disk is recognized when resetting the computer after one of those BSODs I can t help to feel that the Motherboard is somewhere causing my problems and that the sdisks are involved in some way I have tried to eliminate any software issues such as rd party device drivers and such by running Win in quot Clean Boot quot mode as defined my MS Still it had no effect what so ever - still the same BSOD problems - o it feels like a H W issue Now I tested with other RAM OCZ DDR MHz - - - MHz - - - but no change there Then I swapped CPUs with my father s PC AMD Athlon II x stock but still not better not worse Please do not get me wrong The system is extremely stable up until the BSOD occurs So it means that it does not occur sooner just because I am stress testing it with Prime for instance My temps are immaculate at degrees C for CPU at full load in Prime after an hour and I have a good Zalman CNPS cooler so it should not be an overheating problem Also it does not feel like the GPU has much to do in this matter as it is idling and I have no crashes related playing games or running FurMark Also I have a very good Seasonic PSU rated at W and the system draws only around W so it is not running on any power limits or stressing the PSU So it feels like the motherboard HDD must be the thing that is not working corectly considering all the above the BSOD type the testing I have done with quot Clean Boot quot RAM change BIOS update CMOS clear CPU swapping stress testing and what is said in other places on the net regarding my type of BSOD I also get some interesting entries in the windows system log Source is quot Disk quot and event Id is It is saying quot The driver detected a controller error on Device HarddiskX DRX quot where X can be different and often I get a couple of these in a row for different disks Both my seagate drives are quite new and especially the Corsair SSD It seems unlikely that there would be errors on all the disks controllers Still I do not get BSOD as a response diretly after the Disk event id logs but it is indicating something Could it be that the SouthBridge is defective Ano... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-0xf4-0x3-defective-motherboard-help.984608/
Relevancy 37.41%

So the motherboard on my wife's computer went out recently so I took the quot opportunity quot to upgrade her system with a new motherboard Asus M A XTD EVO along with a new processor AMD Phenom II and new DDR memory Of course I knew I would have to do an OS repair with all the new hardware but after running the repair I keep getting the blue screen after the restart Specifically it is after the initial install [SOLVED] BSOD XP New Install Motherboard During - once the computer restarts and goes into the interface install Once the XP installation begins and the status says quot installing devices quot it crashes with a IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error The error code is xa x ox x x e I ended up actually reformatting the hard drive to try to get a clean install with no luck I have tried different memory switched memory slots tried different hard drives even bought a new video card thinking that may be causing an issue but nothing has worked I read on another forum that the BIOS setting needed to be set to IDE configuration which it is I have even tried switching the IDE cable no dice The computer starts fine with the single beep and standard intro screens but it does flash up for a second that there [SOLVED] BSOD During XP Install - New Motherboard is quot no hard disk detected quot but upon entering the BIOS it reads the hard drive which is set to the master device I have verified the jumper is set on the hard drive to master as well I have installed the latest version of the BIOS and cleared the CMOS without any change My dvd rom is SATA that I am running the Windows install from and I don't know much about SATA so not sure if there could be an issue there at all but the system is reading that in the BIOS as well so It is an old copy of Windows XP home not sure what service pack At this point I would even be willing to go buy Windows if that would actually install but I have no idea if it would I have been racking my brains for the last week and am completely out of ideas If someone could help me out I would be very grateful

A:[SOLVED] BSOD During XP Install - New Motherboard

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - TweaksForGeeks

If nothing helps there, the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is almost always caused by bad ram or faulty hard drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-bsod-during-xp-install-new-motherboard-568232.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi On the th of November I had a BSOD unfortunately I didn't have time to write down the information on what the cause was before the machine rebooted automatically When the machine restarted it would hang on the motherboard splash screen The only way to get then on motherboard splash BSOD freeze round it is to cut the power completely to cause the POST fail prompt Then I chose to start Windows normally and it booted properly It was fine up until BSOD then freeze on motherboard splash yesterday when the problem occured again Or at least I presume it's the same problem it's happened twice since yesterday but I haven't been at the computer each time to compare It has created a dump file each time and I have been trying to use WinDbg to analyze the files but it hangs when loading the unloaded module list I have attached the dump files it has created each time I suspect it may be my graphics card that is causing this I have other problems with the card in terms of the signal from the card cutting repeatedly Any help would be much appreciated

A:BSOD then freeze on motherboard splash

Quote: Originally Posted by ProjectX

Hi,

On the 5th of November I had a BSOD, unfortunately I didn't have time to write down the information on what the cause was before the machine rebooted automatically. When the machine restarted, it would hang on the motherboard splash screen. The only way to get round it is to cut the power completely to cause the POST fail prompt. Then I chose to start Windows normally and it booted properly.

It was fine up until yesterday when the problem occured again. Or at least I presume it's the same problem, it's happened twice since yesterday but I haven't been at the computer each time to compare.

It has created a dump file each time, and I have been trying to use WinDbg to analyze the files but it hangs when loading the unloaded module list.

I have attached the dump files it has created each time.

I suspect it may be my graphics card that is causing this, I have other problems with the card in terms of the signal from the card cutting repeatedly.

Any help would be much appreciated

These all related to your Avast

Please remove and replace your Avaast with Microsoft Security Essentials
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197671-bsod-then-freeze-motherboard-splash.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi!
I get a BSOD or just system freeze/strange crashes of critical windows functions when I start the computer after being switched off for a couple of hours. After 3-5 resets it starts booting fine and running ok. During BSOD I get the following dump file can anyone help me debug this and maybe you also have a clue that points me in the right direction?

Thanks /John

A:BSOD during cold start (suspect RAM or Motherboard)

Quote: Originally Posted by Cuban Pete

Hi!
I get a BSOD or just system freeze/strange crashes of critical windows functions when I start the computer after being switched off for a couple of hours. After 3-5 resets it starts booting fine and running ok. During BSOD I get the following dump file can anyone help me debug this and maybe you also have a clue that points me in the right direction?

Thanks /John

Hi the .dmp is 262mb is there a way to shrink it :-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137307-bsod-during-cold-start-suspect-ram-motherboard.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Evening all Desperate for some help just upgraded my pc componants and now it will not start at all As far as i can see all the bios settings are correct On first start up a message come up first saying no disks found then when i click onto the bios menu i have AHCI mode enabled and it detects SSD and CD drive absolutly fine First i tried booting from original SSD with windows already installed kept getting BSOD everytime i get to windows loading screen Then after reading on forums people were re-installing windows back on to the SSD but when trying to boot from the cd drive yes its a bootable disc nothing happens and it just goes upgrade cpu when BSOD pc booting of motherboard recent and to the windows repair screen then does nothing after attempting to repair i have tried removing the SSD so only the cd drive is visable but then it comes up with the message quot reboot BSOD when pc booting recent upgrade of motherboard and cpu and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key quot I have removed graphics card and tried on board graphics I have tried barebones I have tried new cables I have cleared Cmos BSOD when pc booting recent upgrade of motherboard and cpu update My Componants Mobo AsRock Z Extreme Gen NEW CPU intel core i processor LGA NEW Memory Corsair Dominator GB mhz TW X G C D OLD PSU Hyper w OLD SSD ocz sata gb OLD month old Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX OLD month old Cooler Corsair H NEW Case Coolermaster II advanced nVidia edition NEW All the old componants were working previosly Any thoughts or ideas would be very greatfull as i've spent days on it now Cheers

A:BSOD when pc booting recent upgrade of motherboard and cpu

Quote: Originally Posted by beste9

Evening all,
Desperate for some help just upgraded my pc componants and now it will not start at all.
As far as i can see all the bios settings are correct. On first start up a message come up first saying no disks found, then when i click onto the bios menu i have AHCI mode enabled and it detects SSD and CD drive absolutly fine.
First i tried booting from original SSD with windows 7 already installed.. kept getting BSOD everytime i get to windows loading screen.
Then after reading on forums people were re-installing windows back on to the SSD, but when trying to boot from the cd drive(yes its a bootable disc) nothing happens and it just goes to the windows repair screen then does nothing after attempting to repair. i have tried removing the SSD so only the cd drive is visable but then it comes up with the message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key"

I have removed graphics card and tried on board graphics.
I have tried barebones.
I have tried new cables.
I have cleared Cmos + update

My Componants:

Mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 (NEW)
CPU: intel core i3 processor LGA1155 (NEW)
Memory: Corsair Dominator 4GB 133mhz (TW3X4G1333C9D) (OLD)
PSU: Hyper 630w (OLD)
SSD: ocz sata 2.0 120gb (OLD) 1month old
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 (OLD) 1month old
Cooler: Corsair H80 (NEW)
Case: Coolermaster 690II advanced nVidia edition (NEW)

All the old componants were working previosly

Any thoughts or ideas would be very greatfull as i've spent 2 days on it now

Cheers

Windows doesn't support motherboard changes. It looks like you're going to have to reinstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/226305-bsod-when-pc-booting-recent-upgrade-motherboard-cpu.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi a few weeks ago I purchased a Gigabyte G Sniper along with an Intel i k I wanted to try Windows when I installed the new motherboard but when I installed drivers bsod s and freezes occurred I thought that perhaps everything wasn't optimized for the new and BSOD:s Sniper instability 3) (Gigabyte motherboard on G1 latest Windows and went back to Win First I went to the official site and downloaded drivers but exactly the same thing started happening Not having much to lose on my C I reinstalled again and went to the supplied disc for drivers for a while everything seemed to work but perhaps days later the main issue resurfaced bsod s freezing and just plain instability Along the process I have memtested my memory updated my BIOS to the latest F j updated drivers from the Gigabyte site and Qualcom Atheros site for the network card and as I'm writing this I'm in a sort of safe boot a bit BSOD:s and instability on new motherboard (Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3) more stable from msconfig exe I have checked all temperatures and nothing is too high My previous setup had all the same BSOD:s and instability on new motherboard (Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3) components except the motherboard cpu and that system was rock solid perhaps the cpu got a little warm but no crashes with an older gigabyte am matx board along with a Phenom II ghz quad core Kind regards Zurtax

A:BSOD:s and instability on new motherboard (Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3)

Update Intel XHCI driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea....aspx?lang=eng
Update Killer e2200 driver from Killer Gaming :: Support :: Driver Download Support

You are using a beta of display driver. Uninstall it using AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility and then install the latest WHQL only.

Then report us back. Let us know the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310093-bsod-s-instability-new-motherboard-gigabyte-g1-sniper-3-a.html
Relevancy 36.98%

About two weeks ago my XP machine got cursed by blue screens every time I ran it for more than minutes Mostly XA card, PSU, motherboard BSOD failure? graphics or possible - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and X A MEMORY MANAGEMENT errors According to BlueScreenView ntkrnlpa exe was the main culprit I tried a whole bunch of things but they didn't help Ran memtest for hours it reported no problems with RAM Updated graphics card drivers Removed all graphics card drivers System restored Repaired Windows with the installation CD tried RAM in different slots Finally I checked my hard drive with Seatools and it reported bad sectors over long tests I figured the hard drive was responsible so I bought a new one and got myself Windows for the fresh install The blue screens persist According to BlueScreenView of the minidumps are X A MEMORY MANAGEMENT errors with the main culprit being ntoskrnl exe I ran Memtest again this time for hours but again it reported no errors A bit disappointing since my RAM has a lifetime warranty My system specs are Intel Q Asus P n e-SLI Seasonic w Nvidia GTX Corsair CM X - CD Western Digital tb blue Any idea what the issue could be Could it be a failing graphics card motherboard or PSU Thanks

A:BSOD - possible graphics card, PSU, or motherboard failure?

Please download and install Who Crashed --> http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe

Run the program and click on Analyze. When program finishes analyzing, click on OK. Then right click --> Select All --> right click Copy

Copy the content here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492653/bsod-possible-graphics-card-psu-or-motherboard-failure/
Relevancy 36.98%

I had my laptop motherboard replaced a couple months ago and since then every couple of weeks I will get a BSOD.

Here is the most recent error message:

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

BCCode: c2
BCP1: 0000000000000007
BCP2: 000000000000109B
BCP3: 0000000009010107
BCP4: FFFFF8A004C15010
Product: 768_1
I have attached the diagnostic zip file.
Is there anything I can do?

A:BSOD after laptop motherboard replacement 0x000000c2

Please begin by running the system file checker:

Quote:
SFC.EXE /SCANNOW
Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)
At the top of the search box, right click on the cmd.exe and select "Run as adminstrator"
In the black window that opens, type "SFC.EXE /SCANNOW" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Let the program run and post back what it says when it's done.

then from the same command prompt run this command:

Code:
chkdsk /f /r
Reboot after the second command, and it will run a check disk before it finishes booting.

Also be sure that the Hard drive is seated properly.

Last check for hard drive problems by running through this tutorial:

Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284260-bsod-after-laptop-motherboard-replacement-0x000000c2.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi for almost years now I've been having trouble with my Custom build computer I'll link the specs In the end supply? Possible motherboard / BSOD power failiure so don't worry however I've been getting like Different Bluescreen Messages the last year at one point I had to reinstall windows every third day quot NOT JOKING quot I've almost replaced every original part in my computer The last couple of days I've been getting Bad pool header and before that IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL DATA BUS ERROR almost sure of PAGE FAULT IN BSOD Possible motherboard failiure / power supply? NONPAGED AREA KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR BAD POOL CALLER memory management and yeah u get the point Could this be caused of there I'm back in normal font anyways What could be the reason for all this O even tho I have almost replaced every part in my computer I can access BIOS so I don't think it's the bios Things that I've replaced HDD GPU CPU MOUSE cuz it kept on disconnecting and reconnecting only on my computer tho but i found out what was the problem on my rd mouse havn't been very patient because You arnt really in the mood for that kind of stuff when everything keeps on crashing when you put alot of money into a computer you want it to work DVD RW CD player RAM now on to the specs not correct AMD Athlon II X AM Dual Core Socket AM GHz MB w Boxed And DDR RAM memory gb got it as a birthday gift I was GPU ATI HD and it requiers W gb GDDR Western digital gb DVD burner just some random ATX power supply W ASUS M N PRO Socket-AM AM ST GeForce ATX DDR GbLAN PCI-Ex x I can probablly figure out by now that it is the Motherboard which i havnt changed Is there any BIOS setting that could cause this havnt been trying to flash it EDIT or the power supply since I dont think i've got enough power as it is for now I'm getting an error in windows installation when extracting files w ultimate x no one seems to have found the sollution and I cant try my ram since i havnt got windows installed if im properally informed I'm downloading it to a USB stick and Will run it from there later this afternoon but I think that the BSOD will come back eventually as it always does Well The BSOD went away when I changed my HDD this autmn but now recently i've been experience LOADS of BSOD's with Different errors I'm in about to cry now since I've changed everything in this computer EXCEPT THE THING THAT SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM which is the power supply and Motherboard Going crazy please help any awEsome tech guy but due to the fact that I was experiencing these errors before I changed to such a Demanding power guzzling graphic card even then when the power supply was enough So confused Or it could be that I've Fixed the HDD which was the originally problem and then I got my new graphic card which perhaps would cause this new serie of bluescreens If u don't understand my speculations or my bad english please just TRY to read between the lines

A:BSOD Possible motherboard failiure / power supply?

To give any options that aren't guesswork we really need this information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153703-bsod-possible-motherboard-failiure-power-supply.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Dear Forum Members BSOD motherboard, error after fixing 0x0000007B My Asus K IC notebook running -bit Win failed to boot days ago It was BSOD after fixing motherboard, error 0x0000007B a very hot day and the soldering of a BGA IC set loose The problem was fixed by reballing The notebook is now working perfect but BSOD after fixing motherboard, error 0x0000007B previous Windows install cannot boot any more I get BSOD and BSOD after fixing motherboard, error 0x0000007B error x B at the beginning of boot process I tried system repair tools no errors chkdsk f no errors fixing MBR rebuiling BCD cannot find installation but nothing helped Nothing had been changed in the config before switching on again the working notebook except one thing after realizing the notebook does not boot I removed the HDD and verified it in another Win notebook to make sure HDD is OK It was OK but I'm afraid the Win on another notebook automatically made changes in the BCD or drive letters Could it be the main reason Please help me preserving the current Win installation on my notebook because installed apps store some very essential information for me which cannot be restored after a clean install Clean install would be disaster for me Thank you in advance

A:BSOD after fixing motherboard, error 0x0000007B

Hi MN896.

A stop 0x7B means INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE; that means the HDD is not getting access for some reason. The probable reasons are a failing HDD, improper seating, inappropriate boot sequence, and sometimes a MBR virus, bootkit.

As the HDD is working good in another computer, then it is in good condition, as it may be assumed. Still take a bootbale HDD test using Seatools for DOS.
SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use
In order to be sure about the virus infection, scan the system for possible virus infection with the a bootable antivirus.
Windows Defender Offline
Next, boot into the BIOS. make it sure that the HDD is being detected there. Set it as the first boot device.

Also, do you have access to another computer right now? If so, download Partition wizard Bootable CD (the last one in the link). Burn it in a blank CD or in a USB flash stick.

Boot into Partition Wizards GUI following this instructions. When you are on the last screen, take a camera snap of the screen and upload the snap here.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

We need to see the partitions and parameters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/339075-bsod-after-fixing-motherboard-error-0x0000007b.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,

I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU to a Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard and an Intel Xeon 1231 v3. I use a Nvidia GTX 660 GPU, and recently my FPS in-game has been stuttering. When I checked my GPU load, I noticed it kept on dipping below the threshold that the game would use. For example, if the maximum load the game took was 80%, every 10 seconds or so the load would dip down to 20%, causing a stutter. This makes the games I play virtually unplayable.

I was playing Tera, and this game IS known for it's optimization issues, but I had no problems in the past running this game with my previous motherboard. I recently got a BSOD and I'm hoping that it could lead me somewhere good. If anything, I might just RMA my motherboard and call it defective.

A:Recent upgrade on motherboard and CPU, BSOD when under GPU load

Seems there have been 3 crashes, 2 were unable to produce a minidump
Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

Code:
Event[4075]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 2015-12-17T20:59:47.000
Event ID: 1005
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Timmy-PC
Description:
Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.
Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

Code:
ffffd000`20486228 fffff800`ac91e7fdUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x18e7fd
5: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff800`ac790000 fffff800`ad278000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jul 23 02:15:19 2015 (55B03217)
CheckSum: 00AAF49B
ImageSize: 00AE8000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
According to the logs, you are using a 9800 GTX+
Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34411-recent-upgrade-motherboard-cpu-bsod-when-under-gpu-load.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I recently upgraded my computer by adding a new error motherboard, after 0X000000F4 ssd, and Random BSOD's cpu, new motherboard processor and ssd Ever since then about a month I have been experiencing random BSOD's At first I Random BSOD's after new motherboard, cpu, and ssd, error 0X000000F4 noticed they happened when I woke my Random BSOD's after new motherboard, cpu, and ssd, error 0X000000F4 computer up from sleep mode So I set it to never sleep but it still happens It doesn't happen everyday maybe every other day or two One day I will turn my computer on and it will Random BSOD's after new motherboard, cpu, and ssd, error 0X000000F4 be fine the next day I will turn it on like this morning and get a BSOD - minutes after bootup I have tried re-installing Windows several times putting in my old SSD to rule out a problem with my current one checking if all my mobo drivers are up to date and checking my ssd firmware is up to date I have also tried swapping SATA ports for my ssd and putting in a new SATA cable to make sure that wasn't the issue also I haven't checked the hard drive port but could that be causing these blue screens even as a storage drive I think I have attached my dump files and the blue screen problem details it gives me after my computer reboots itself Thanks

A:Random BSOD's after new motherboard, cpu, and ssd, error 0X000000F4

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800ec27600, fffffa800ec278e0, fffff80002f88940}

Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800d313630, fffffa800d313910, fffff80002fce940}

Probably caused by : csrss.exe
Hmm, you have a 0xF4. That might mean that there's a virus, a failing harddrive, failing RAM stick/s. Run Magician on your SSD(There should be a magician CD that came with your SSD) Also run MemTest86+ for 8 passes. It must be MemTest86+. RAM - Test with Memtest86+ Scan your computer for viruses using Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377243-random-bsods-after-new-motherboard-cpu-ssd-error-0x000000f4.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Greetings Thanks for having me I want to ask for help on a random BSOD experience I am having with my computer I am quite frustrated after replacing my motherboard and CPU since I'm experiencing random BSOD's now - times per week My old motherboard a Z was RMA'd so I figured I could upgrade the CPU at the same time so now I after motherboard + replacing BSOD CPU while computer using randomly am on the Z platform Also I am not overclocking the system everything is running at stock speeds This is on a fresh installation of Windows What I've done to try to fix it Ran Memtest for passes without any errors Updated all drivers to the latest versions Updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest version Disabled the Atheros Killer on-board network card and using an Intel PCI-E card instead Reading a lot on the net forums etc to try to understand where the problem is Uninstalled Windows twice and did a fresh install both times to no avail Basically I am at a point now where I want to just throw the darn thing out of the window I consider myself quite skilled with computers I work as an IT-consultant and so BSOD while randomly using computer after replacing motherboard + CPU this is extra painful for me not being BSOD while randomly using computer after replacing motherboard + CPU able to solve this problem I am using the exact same hardware parts that I was using with BSOD while randomly using computer after replacing motherboard + CPU the old motherboard CPU and I never had a random BSOD on that system The only difference with this system now is the replaced motherboard new CPU The zip file contains only dump file but I've probably have had BSOD's since Windows was installed month ago Sometimes the files are not created and other times I've simply deleted them because the problem was obvious like the Killer network card The dump file in the zip has the F bugcheck code UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP but other common bugchecks have been A IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL NTFS FILE SYSTEM D DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL E KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and almost all of them point to ntoskrnl exe which is why I am unable to find the problem I am attaching the zip file as per the instructions Apologies for the long post Any input will be greatly appreciated Best Martin

A:BSOD while randomly using computer after replacing motherboard + CPU

YpsiNine, let's not throw it out the window quite yet. let's see if we can find out what is the problem. Please do a couple of things for me. There was not much to go on in your dump file. What it shows is a double fault, which normally is a bad driveror hardware. I am sure you know your settings in BIOS, if not make sure of what your sata controller is set to (IDE,AHCI or Raid). Get the manufacturer's specs for the ram, you will need the frequency, timings and voltage. Set your bios to optimized defaults, set your sata controller to what it is right now, set your ram to Manufacturer's specs for timings, frequency and Dram voltage, set your boot order, save and exit.

If you do not already have it, please install CPUz (CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting) and post screenshots (Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums) of the CPU, mainboard, Memory and SPD tabs. On the SPD tabs, you can select each Dimm Slot in the upper left of the tab, just post the Dimms populated with ram.

Also, please make sure your computer is set for small memory dumps
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

That should set everything in order. Let's take a look at the set up and see if everything is as it should be.

Please also, hold down the windows key (the one with the flag) and press R, in the run box that opens, type msconfig and press OK. Please click on the startup tab and uncheck everything except Security essentials and Windows Sidebar press apply and OK. Reboot and see how you do.

I would also like to know your CPU Cooler, what your CPU temps are and your GPU temps. If you need software to read them, just let me know. Please use programs that will give you a constant reading of the temps. Also in BIOS please tell me the values of the +12V, +5V and +3.3V.

This may all sound elementary to you, and it is. But, it should give me an idea of a baseline of what we are looking at.
If you have any questions or want any explanations, feel free to ask. I don't mind explaining at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352933-bsod-while-randomly-using-computer-after-replacing-motherboard-cpu.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, I recently upgraded my Motherboard, CPU and PSU. Now everytime I start up, it reboots randomly within at least 5 minutes. I don't ever actually see a blue screen, but the problem signature identifies it as such I have to use safe mode with networking in order to do anything at all, which defeats the purpose of having an upgraded system. Thanks in advance for any help!

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800813F8F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\101814-20966-01.dmp
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-28360-0.sysdata.xml

Computer Rig:
AMD FX 9590 8 Core 4.7GHz
GTX 780
Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3
16GB DDR3 RAM
1000w Corsair PSU

A:BSOD minutes after startup after upgrading Motherboard/CPU/PSU

Did you follow this Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Do you have any Gigabyte crapware installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349237-bsod-minutes-after-startup-after-upgrading-motherboard-cpu-psu.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Built a custom computer a month ago and have been having BSODs ever since. Took it back to get checked and was told I had a faulty motherboard. The brand is MSI Z97S SLI Krait edition. I had my motherboard, ram, and CPU replaced.

Wiped everything and replaced windows but the BSOD returned. Had my BIOS changed to stop UEFI and updated all my drivers. Was told that would fix the problem but less than 30 mins after using a VPN the BSOD returned.

My suspicion is that I might have an issue with my PCI card since it s the only component I didnt get from my local electronic store and most of the BSODs occur when using WiFi. I've also been having "limited connectivity issues" but im not sure if these 2 are connected. The PCI brand is Tp-link TL-WDN4800.

Mini dump file and pic of blue screen also attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD caused by bad motherboard, still continues after replacement

Welcome to 7F stiyix, I'll see if I can help you resolve your issues.

All of your dumps are pointing to your hard drive, can you let us know if you have an HDD or SSD and how many? They're not in your system specs.

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000006, fffff80002d6c12a, fffff880009a96c8, fffff880009a8f20}

Probably caused by : hardware_disk

Code:
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!LookupEntryPoint+3a
fffff800`02d6c12a 8b4024 mov eax,dword ptr [rax+24h]

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x.

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000077a9020c

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER3: 00000000c000000e

IO_ERROR: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E

EXCEPTION_STR: 0xc0000006_c000000e

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre

FOLLOWUP_IP:
+3a
00000000`77a9020c ?? ???

MODULE_NAME: hardware_disk

IMAGE_NAME: hardware_disk

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

IMAGE_VERSION:

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_IMAGE_hardware_disk

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_IMAGE_hardware_disk

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x7e_image_hardware_disk

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {ff6dd2a9-5b68-7234-db8c-58a7e01b4a8f}
Can you check your SATA cables are seated correctly at both the motherboard and the hard drive, then run the following checks.

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD (Do not use on an SSD). SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

Run chkdsk. Disk Check

Please fill out your System Specs.

Information
At 7F we rely heavily on knowing what hardware you have in your system, by filling out your system specs in the manner outlined below your specs will follow you round in every single post so we can see your hardware configuration at the click of a button without having to trawl through threads to find them.

Follow System Info - See Your System Specs to fill in your System Specs with as much info as possible. We're looking for something like the example below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371789-bsod-caused-bad-motherboard-still-continues-after-replacement.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I keep getting BSODS I've reinstalled windows several times, used the windows memory diagnostic tool and chkdsk, but no errors.

I've even switched motherboards(because I sometimes lost signal to monitor+usb devices, sometimes got RAM errors while using windows memory diagnostic and even disk read errors allthough chkdsk says everything is fine s:..) to fix the bsods.. but now, after a week with the new mobo I get BSODs again..

Specs are
Win7 Ultimate x64 Retail
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3,4GHz
EVGA GTX 570 SCE
10 GB of Ram(2x2GB @ 1333mhz, 1x 4GB @ 1333mhz, 1x 2GB @ 1666mhz)
MSI 870-C45

A:BSOD even after reinstalling windows and replacing motherboard.

Please start by running these free diagnostics to rule out the most common problems: http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html
Also, as you've related memory problems, also run the free Prime95 program on this page: Additional Hardware Diagnostics

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
NOTE: For Vista, read these notes:

Quote:
Read these notes for installing Vista SP1: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41;
Read these notes for installing Vista SP2: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 &#40;SP2&#41;

5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool&#63;
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41; for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

Do you have a USB sound device? If so, try uninstalling it to see if the BSOD's stop (just a hunch on my part).

If the above steps don't stop the BSOD's, please zip up and upload any new memory dumps with your next post - and we'll see what we can figure out from there.

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES

Code:

Rt64win7.sys Fri Jun 10 02:33:15 2011 (4DF1BAAB)
amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:56:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
cpuz135_x64.sys Wed Jan 19 11:42:06 2011 (4D37145E)
nvlddmkm.sys Thu Feb 09 21:02:58 2012 (4F347AD2)
speedfan.sys Fri Mar 18 12:08:46 2011 (4D83838E)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt64win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cpuz135_x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=speedfan.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\071612-24648-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.17017.amd64fre.win7_gdr.120503-2030
Debug session time: Mon Jul 16 11:10:43.253 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 4 days 13:54:23.597
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d8a0bde4e9, 0, 3c09be51f0f8d845, 101}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109
Bugcheck code 00000109
Arguments a3a039d8`a0bde4e9 00000000`00000000 3c09be51`f0f8d845 00000000`00000101
BiosVersion = V1.15
BiosReleaseDate = 03/04/2011
SystemM... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240869-bsod-even-after-reinstalling-windows-replacing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I swapped my laptop mother board out for an identical board from the same HP laptop in motherboard after game swap BSOD dv xxx series laptop The new board has HD radeon m graphcs instead of m on my old one Everything works fine the processor from my previous board was recognized the drivers all installed themselves in windows when I logged in I upgraded the bios to the latest version No device manager errors I ran a SFC SCANNOW Command Everything Ok except when I start a game I get past the loading screen into the gameplay First time I got a couple minutes in and the sound freezes up and BSOD happens Second time I tried after the BIOS upgrade it's within a matter of seconds here are the errors it displays after I boot back up Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF E BCP FFFFF A F BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users User AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata

A:BSOD in game after laptop motherboard swap

Hello seven09,

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323204-bsod-game-after-laptop-motherboard-swap.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I recently replaced my motherboard and RAM, and installed Windows 7 64bit and all was well to start with, until i started getting random BSOD.

I got today the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for which i updated the official drivers for the NIC and Audio drivers this afternoon. The graphics card was updated originally when installing windows 7.

I then received BAD_POOL_CALLER and now completely confused.

Minidump attached

Can someone please help?

A:Random BSOD following fresh install and new motherboard

You apparently have a atheros based nic device.

This is the cause of your pain.
unfortunately I can't track down the atheros windows 7 drivers for you, I had it bookmarked but apparently they have changed their website ... significantly.

At any rate the driver for said device is clearly indicated as your problem causer.

Code:
Probably caused by : L1C62x64.sys ( L1C62x64+5e83 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
The current thread is making a bad pool request. Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation, etc.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 000000000000109b, (reserved)
Arg3: 00000000040b000b, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa8007045e40, Address of the block of pool being deallocated

Debugging Details:
------------------
POOL_ADDRESS: fffffa8007045e40

FREED_POOL_TAG: Hal

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_Hal

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c0bbe9 to fffff80002addc40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02f1ba08 fffff800`02c0bbe9 : 00000000`000000c2 00000000`00000007 00000000`0000109b 00000000`040b000b : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02f1ba10 fffff800`02a1c865 : fffffa80`09871a80 00000000`000000d0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08516350 : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x1201
fffff880`02f1bac0 fffff880`014f6831 : fffffa80`09936650 fffffa80`098b9bd8 fffffa80`06ea8680 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalPutScatterGatherList+0x115
fffff880`02f1bb20 fffff880`070f9e83 : fffffa80`098b9000 fffffa80`06ea8680 fffffa80`098b9000 00000000`00000000 : ndis!NdisMFreeNetBufferSGList+0x31
fffff880`02f1bb60 fffffa80`098b9000 : fffffa80`06ea8680 fffffa80`098b9000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : L1C62x64+0x5e83
fffff880`02f1bb68 fffffa80`06ea8680 : fffffa80`098b9000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`098b9000
fffff880`02f1bb70 fffffa80`098b9000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`06ea8680
fffff880`02f1bb78 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`070fe800 : 0xfffffa80`098b9000
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
L1C62x64+5e83
fffff880`070f9e83 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 4

SYMBOL_NAME: L1C62x64+5e83

MODULE_NAME: L1C62x64

IMAGE_NAME: L1C62x64.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4aa0a7fd

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc2_7_Hal__L1C62x64+5e83

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc2_7_Hal__L1C62x64+5e83

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187426-random-bsod-following-fresh-install-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi guys So last saturday I received my new motherboard ASROCK ep c - l d motherboard changing BSOD error after 0x7B with BSOD error 0x7B after changing motherboard Intel Xeon e CPUs and Gb of RAM I initially have an ASUS P T motherboard with an i QuadCore CPU and Gb of RAM I moved everything to the new devices and since I have hundreds of D D music etc programs and plugins and add-ons and preferences installed on my initial computer a fresh install of Windows is quot not an option quot So after BSOD error 0x7B after changing motherboard moving my GPU card audio card and HDD I got a nice blue screen I tried a lot of tutorials found on google from my laptop until yesterday Yesterday night I managed to get my Windows to work again on my old ASUS P T mobo So I plugged my HDD back to the new ASROCK and got the USBSTOR sys error screen so I renamed the file to USBSTOR sys old with a mini xp live CD and managed to access the Safe Mode of Windows from the new ASROCK mobo I then installed all the drivers except for USB Mass Storage I guess it's due to the USBSTOR sys missing and the SAS Controller I dont know why this one wont install properly All the other drivers installed correctly in Safe Mode So I restarted in order to boot Windows in normal mode but right after the Windows logo I get the x B BSOD again And it seems like now I can't even go back to Safe Mode either I would like to know what to do exactly except for a fresh install of course I think I can get Windows to work again on my old ASUS mobo but this is not the target

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399982-bsod-error-0x7b-after-changing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Old Splash. New Computer at BSOD Windows Motherboard, Motherboard ASUS M A TD PRO New Motherboard ASUS M A New Motherboard, Computer BSOD at Windows Splash. LE R BSOD x B xFFFFF A XFFFFFFFFC New Motherboard, Computer BSOD at Windows Splash. STOP x B errors are caused by device driver issues especially those related to hard drive and other storage controllers How To Fix STOP x B Errors INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Possible Fixes Update your BIOS In some situations an outdated BIOS could cause a STOP x B error due to incompatibilities with a hard drive controller Most Likely Repair your Windows installation If you've just replaced the motherboard in a computer without reinstalling Windows then this will likely fix your problem Note Sometimes a Windows repair will not fix a STOP x B error In those cases a clean installation of Windows should do the trick Biggest Hurdle My CD DVD Drive is quot obsolete years old quot in the sense that the new motherboard has no ATA Plug-in I have no way of using a CD DVD Drive to assist Which means I can't use my Windows Pro CD and I can't use the CD the new Motherboard came with which has all of it's drivers Please help I have a vague idea of what to do but google and I have not been able to pin down the specifics

A:New Motherboard, Computer BSOD at Windows Splash.

Other Information:

Despite random crashes, the hard drive was working just fine with the old motherboard (when the old motherboard wanted to cooperate).

No random crashes since installing the new motherboard, just a persistent, specific BSOD.

And of course... this stuff...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1333MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTek Computer INC. M5A97 LE R2.0 (AM3+) (Recently Replaced, Brand New)
GRAPHICS: Acer P191W ([email protected])
1023MB GeForce GT 430 (EVGA)
HD: 279GB (300GB) Western Digital WDC WD3000HLFS-01G6U1 ATA Device (SATA)
1397GB (1.5TB) Seagate ST31500341AS ATA Device (SATA)
OPTICAL: N/A
AUDIO: (No Idea) (Built in to Motherboard)
PSU: OCZ MOD X STREAM-PRO 700W (Recently Replaced, Brand New)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-motherboard-computer-bsod-at-windows-splash-691848.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi all This is my first post so 970A-DS3 Gigabyte New and BSOD motherboard freezes Now please be gentle I'm not a New motherboard Gigabyte 970A-DS3 Now BSOD and freezes great computer expert as you'll gather from my post but as I'm absolutely skint at the moment I New motherboard Gigabyte 970A-DS3 Now BSOD and freezes can't really afford to take my PC into a shop I had built for me about years ago a PC It has a Phenom ll X at Ghz It has a GB SSD and a GD WD blue secondary drive I have x GB Corsair CM X - C DHX installed I decided I wanted to OC as I was starting to get lag when running poker sites tables over two screens using Holdem Manager and broadcasting via Teamviewer I therefore bought a pipe cooler with a fan and went about installing this to my CPU I had to take out the stock clippy thing as this screwed from the back When doing it I used a screwdriver slipped and scored ther board across several tracks I then tried it and of course it didn't work I went out and bought a Gigabyte A-DS I installed everything rebiult windows Pro and it was running OK Then it would freeze completely and sometimes BSOD I have tested all RAM in Memtest single CPU when selecting multi cpu it does nothing and each on their own in any slot are fine It's when I pair them I get problems No matter which two in which pairing memtest crashes on test at and reboots I had a look on here and got an old thread HERE However the settings in this take my RAM to like MHZ and of course do not work Some of the points are configured differently too due to different motherboard So how do I proceed Do I RMA the ram the board do soemthing else All suggestions are welcome Many thanks A novice Ps - When running Prime it works with any one chip or two chips but not with or It crashes sporadically with in and sometimes doesn't run at all

A:New motherboard Gigabyte 970A-DS3 Now BSOD and freezes

If your getting blue screens then: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

An i would suggest to not OC, and put everyting back on default settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/241584-new-motherboard-gigabyte-970a-ds3-now-bsod-freezes.html