Windows Support Forum

AMD Sempron +3000 BSOD after OC

Q: AMD Sempron +3000 BSOD after OC

I'll get a random BSOD after i OC my CPU. Even when i OC from 1.8 to 1.9Ghz, i get the BSOD's. Help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: K8V-X SE
OC via BIOS

Additional CPU info:
AMD Sempron 3000+; Palermo; socket 754​

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD Sempron +3000 BSOD after OC

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: AMD Sempron +3000 BSOD after OC

What is the make, type and model number of the systems memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-3000-bsod-after-oc.116063/
Relevancy 84.28%

My Mobo says the Sempron 3000+ is the highest CPU that it will take, I currently have a Sempron 2800+ is it worth upgrading can get a second hand CPU for about 10 finding it difficult to see what the benefit might be

My Vista number is 2.7 held back by CPU performance

Thanks

A:Sempron 2800+ Vs Sempron 3000+

Not really... doubt you can detect the difference except on very specific program runs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-2800-vs-sempron-3000.122326/
Relevancy 74.82%

Someone With Some Actual Experiance Please Tell Me How I Would Go About Overclocking This Joker:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
AMD Sempron 3000+ --Socket A @ 1.98MHz
FSB @ 166.6MHz
Bus Speed @ 333.3MHz
Multiplier @ x12.0
L2 Cache @ 512kb
Motherboard--ASUSTek Kelut 2.02
BIOS--Phoenix Tech. Version 3.15 [email protected]/6/05
RAM---PC3200 DDR [email protected] @ 200MHz
Frequency--166.6MHz
FSBRAM @ 1:1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC:Compaq Presario
GPU:nVidia GeForce 6200
HDD:Maxtor [email protected]

Thats All The Info I Can Pull Up. Any Help Would Be Kindly Appreciated.

A:Overclocking an AMD SEMPRON 3000+

Short answer:

That motherboard won't overclock.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-an-amd-sempron-3000.489711/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have an ASUS K8V-VM MB running an AMD Sempron 3000+ processor, rev. DH-E6. I believe this is a 64 bit processor and want to know if it will run the XP Pro 64 bit OS. Apparently not all "64 bit" processors will run it.

Presently I have 1 gig of RAM but the board will take 2 gigs if that's needed to run the OS. Thanks in advance for your guidance!

A:XP 64Bit for AMD Sempron 3000+ ??

That's not a 64-bit processor. It's from 2004, no?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-64bit-for-amd-sempron-3000-a-274789.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I am interested to buy a $264 Acer T120 desktop with the following configuration because of the low price:
Sempron 3000+ 2.0Ghz, 40Gb HD, 256MB RAM, CD ROM, built-in LAN interface, audio and video (No OS installed).

I will use the PC for word processing, surfing, burning CDs and Photoshop.

Will I see a a significant improvement in terms of performance compared to a similarly configured Pentium III 667 Mhz used PC?

I may try doing video editing and learn how to do PC-based music recording. I'm willing to buy extra memory, bigger HD and DVD writer for this purpose. I don't want to buy/build a high-end PC now because it might take me some time to learn the editing and recording. By that time, computer parts may have dropped significantly. So I guess it's better to buy/build the configuration that I want later.

Thanks in advance for any input.

A:Sempron 3000+ PIII

It should be faster. The only thing is some cheap pc's aren't upgrade friendly, so you might not be able to upgrade things like the graphics chip, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-3000-piii.33287/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi there,

I've an ISSUE! What is easiest/safest way to overclock AMD Sempron 64 3000+ processor with socket 754 ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3 motherboard ( http://www.asrock.com/product/K8Upgrade-NF3.htm )? I've tryied to overclock my processor trought the BIOS (overclock mode), but everytime I boot, I'll get an error message "CMOS Checksum Bad". All tough, in Windows I could overclock my processor and graphic card with NTune, but overclock last until the next boot. I even have Zalman CNPS9500 LED processor cooler installed. Can anyone tell me, is there anykind of guide to do a safe overclock etc. Help the noob a.s.a.p.

A:Overclock AMD Sempron 64 3000+ processor

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1027479689#post1027479689
http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=16788

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-amd-sempron-64-3000-processor.48508/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi my m8 claims he overclocked his 64bit sempron 3000 cpu from 1.8 ghz to 2.9 :O :O :O
is that possible or is he talkin rubbish. He is using standard cooling and it dosnt go over 55 overclocked which i also find hard to beleave do u fink he is talking crap or could a sempron be overclocked that much. I dont know what the make of the mobo is but i uses a via chipset and is only a month old

Relevancy 73.96%

My title pretty much sums up my question. Its my Mother's desktop pc which she wants to keep rather than buying a new machines altogether. I've been told that I need to upgrade the RAM to 2Gb which Crucial.com confirm is possible.

Are there any other issues I need to think about before buying 8.1 and extra RAM ?

Mum only uses the machine for email/msn/online banking and shopping. She's not been a big user of streaming videos as such but that could be a bonus if that's also possible for her to watch Youtube or BBC news.

Hope you can help with any advice gratefully received thanks.

Tdub

A:Will AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.8Ghz 736 mb RAM work with 8.1 ?

Unfortunately, the Sempron 3000+ cpu doesn't support compareexchange128, which is a requirement of Windows 8.1.

If I wanted to keep that machine working for a bit, I would install Ubuntu or Linux Mint.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/45573-will-amd-sempron-3000-1-8ghz-736-mb-ram-work-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

AMD Sempron 3000+
Intel P4 2.66

Which one would you choose?

I know the Sempron indicates a higher "speed" but isn't sempron equivelent to the Celron where its kind of "dumbed down".

I am thinking in this scenario Intel would be the way to go.

A:Solved: Sempron 3000 od P4 2.66 (I think I already know but want verification)

Me personally I would go with Intel P4 2.66 given the choice of the two

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sempron-3000-od-p4-2-66-i-think-i-already-know-but-want-verification.449810/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have an MSI K8MM3 motherboard with AMD Sempron 3000 processor.

Each time I power it up, it works for about 1/2 hour and then cuts out, usually when the CPU temp reaches about 31 degrees C. Is there a way to stop this happening, or have I just got to buy a super powerful fan? 31 degrees C doesn't seem a very high temperature to me. Could the 'quiet n' cool' feature be causing this ?

Help !!

A:MSI K8MM3 / AMD SEMPRON 3000 cutout

31 is quite cool - but it may not be reported correctly.

Try the scientific method and touch the Heatsink as near the base as possible after it's been running a few minutes.

If it's unconfortably hot, that's your culprit. remove the Heatsink, clean the gunk off it and the CPU thoroughly, and use some decent thermal paste. Just apply some about the size if a grain of rice to the center of the CPU and reinstall the heatsink..

Whilst you are in there, see if the Northbridge is getting hot too {the other heatsink}. Look at the Capacitors {little barrel looking components on the board} and make sure none of the tops look bulging or rusty.

Is all that checks out OK - try running Memtest and verify your RAM isn't the culprit

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-k8mm3-amd-sempron-3000-cutout.91422/
Relevancy 70.95%

guys can anybody tell me why my amd sempron 3000 socket a suddenly is detected as amd athlon xp 1200? i'm confused? can any body help me please thanks by the way my mobo is a MSI K7N2 delta2 thanks

A:Solved: help guys my amd sempron 3000 is detected by my msi mobo as amd athlon xp 1200?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-guys-my-amd-sempron-3000-is-detected-by-my-msi-mobo-as-amd-athlon-xp-1200.584193/
Relevancy 64.93%

Alright trying yet again I had one Computer tower working however noisy due to an old CPU Fan Rang SMBT Computing asking for a home visit to replace AMD Athlon XP CPU Fan due to my inability o leave the house because of a broken leg The Proprietor came ripped out the old CPU Fan with some force on the floor of my office He then replaced the old fan with the new one According to the CPU Fan Instructions a thermal paste needed to be applied evenly over the heatsink before application I observed Adam do no such thing After 64-bit 754 CPU, 1.8GHz, Socket 3000+ 754 Motherboard MD Sempron SOCKET & K8MM-V MSI replacement of fan which took under one minute from start to finish he restarted my Computer It would no longer work It hung at the black startup screen He then took my computer tower away saying he would need to run further tests After several phone calls by myself he said either the CPU or motherboard were damaged when HE had had replaced the CPU Fan He would install a new motherboard into my computer tower He did and a few days later my partner went and picked it up NB No mention of costs for parts and labour were MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754 even brought up There error on installation there problem to fix Upon installation of the Operating System which kept encountering errors the motherboard was running The only problem being that upon any type of installation i e Critical Updates other Utilities the computer would shut down and reboot itself Even when the computer tower was left in idle it would shut down and reboot for no apparent reason I also spoke with a technician from SMBT told him of the automatic shutdowns MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754 and subsequent reboots It was indicated by him the motherboard they had installed was faulty To return the tower back to them this was done week later the proprietor from SMBT Computing rang and said he had a working motherboard installed on my system and would be ready for pickup in a couple of hours He also asked what CPU I had installed on my system prior to my computer tower being broken I once again told him it was an AMD Athlon XP I received a phone call an hour later telling me a nd hand motherboard MSI K MM-V Socket Motherboard and who only knows whether or not it was also a nd hand CPU AMD Sempron -bit CPU GHz SOCKET was in my tower and ready to be picked up I loaded the OS on it all was well for about a week I rebooted the PC and got nothing Not even the BIOS would show up This third mobo is an MSI so I went to there website it said remove CMOS Battery for minutes and remove the JBAT for seconds so I did I unplugged the harddrive DVD Rom swapped out of the sticks of RAM changed my new Graphics card for an old one that I knew worked just in case it was the Graphics Card Plugged it back in minus everything except for RAM and Graphics Card Restarted it heard beep and then looked a lovely black screen In the meantime they have sent me an Invoice for for a quot new albeit a nd hand mobo and an upgraded CPU In the meantime I have stripped the PC right down removed the mobo and am planning on returning it to SMBT Computing with the message of quot Here s your mobo CPU back jam your bill where the sun don t shine quot On the bright side my new dual core tower is working like a charm I had planned on keeping the tower as a backup PC just in case my new tower died on me I am still looking into buying a brand new mobo and CPU and putting it together myself I am pretty sure this mobo is DEAD however there maybe something I have overlooked PS I hope this doesn t count as a triple post and no I am not a blonde I am a redhead lolz Oh and just for the record I live in Australia we do not have BBB here nbsp

A:MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754

G'Day - I would not waste time on it. I think your idea of sending it back with the bill is spot on. Don't forget to lay it on thick that you are incapacitated and have been taken advantage of over this.
Albert (Whinging Pom) Lionheart

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-k8mm-v-socket-754-motherboard-md-sempron-3000-64-bit-cpu-1-8ghz-socket-754.86249/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey
Any help with this situation would be helpful

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

UNOMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
0x0000000ED (0X8A7B4030, 0XC0000006, 0X00000000, 0X00000000

It is a Lenovo 3000 N200 - 3 years old
Money a bit tight but would get a new laptop if this is too expensive to fix - An IT guy looked at breifly said I need a new hardrive. My battery also needs changed as it needs to be constantly plugged in.

Any tips on this situation would be greatly appreciated? any way I can fix this myself or is it a complete gonner? Also any price guides on getting it fixed? Hardrive and battery cost?
I have seen some laptops for 300 pounds on Currys.co.uk

Thanks

A:BSOD - Lenovo 3000 n200

On the Battery - I've had good luck and bad luck on buying batteries on eBay. Would I do it again? Yes. Would I go through with returning the battery if it failed as opposed to just eating the cost if it happened again? Yes. haha. That one was my bad but the people I dealt with were very considerate.

The downfalls - I've had a 'non-factory' battery purchased off of ebay work wonders for my Dell Inspiron 6400 but I bought one for my wife's Compaq CQ-60 and the battery connectors did not make good enough contact within the laptop. I could have sent it back but didn't and just bought an aftermarket one from Batteries Plus.

For your battery just do a quick search on eBay for 'battery' and your particular laptop brand & model to get a pricing idea.

The hard drive shouldn't be difficult if you wanted to replace it yourself however it would also involve you installing the operating system, finding all of the drivers for your system to run, etc. If that is something you are willing to do or you feel confident in doing I suggest it. I would use a good computer of a friends or relative's to acquire all of the drivers prior to taking this on yourself though. If you find it difficult to find (at least the major drivers like NIC, VGA, Sound) then I would probably suggest having a tech do it. It is no good to you to waste your time trying to fix it yourself and then taking it too a tech firm afterwards and then they take your money too. Save your time and just spend the money. (Depending on which is more important and at what point they switch importance).

HDD's aren't at all expensive. They are more expensive for laptops but they are really not that bad. Tigerdirect.com or newegg.com are the two places I usually go but there may be others on this forum that have different suppliers and I would request that they provide their ideas as well.

I hope this at least gets you a start.

I'd love for you to be able to take this on yourself but I also realize how disappointing, discouraging, and frustrating it can be when a person realizes that they just wasted 'x amount of time' trying to fix it themselves when they could have spent a little extra $$ and saved their time. I just want you to be the one to determine for yourself which route is best for you.

~KHaleTech

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-lenovo-3000-n200.1022596/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey 3000 HD stil... after installing BSOD Graphics (yeah, hey community nbsp I have this old bug gold problem where when I try to install the intel HD Graphics on Windows bits the laptop reboots to only a BSOD at the logon Welcome message nbsp I've tried many BSOD after installing HD Graphics 3000 (yeah, stil... combinaisons many drivers i don't know what to try now I'm pretty sure it's a driver related problem BSOD after installing HD Graphics 3000 (yeah, stil... as if I boot without Intel driver or in safe mode it boots perfectly There's no conflics with other softwares drivers installed after the fresh install of W I try to install Intel first nbsp The laptop is an Aspire V - G with an Intel Core i - M and i guess the BIOS is v It was originally sold with Windows then upgraded to then Now it's owner wants to go back to W nbsp I've tried the driver found on Acer's website BOSD with every bits version and the last and last- driver from Intel's downloadcenter BSOD again Also tried with all versions to install wtih without AERO support same here nbsp So i'm asking here if anyone has a similar laptop with a working driver i can use to finish my installation nbsp Thank you nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/BSOD-after-installing-HD-Graphics-3000-yeah-still-happening/td-p/458491
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys,

I build my computer some days ago and I was with no problems.
But after I tried to play GTA 3 and FIFA 2006, for example, it beggins crashing.
I can't play more than 2 minutes in a game and my computer gets frozen or crashed.
After this, it starts giving me BSOD errors even in Windows XP (not in a game).
Like I said, my system is:

Windows XP SP2
A8V / AMD64 3000+ / 2x512 Kingston DDR400 / nVidia AGP FX 5500

Here are the minidumps... all them...

http://seringueira.din.uem.br/~gilcio/minidump.zip

I hope someone can analyze this minidumps and tell me what I have to do.
I'm testing memories, but I think that aren't them.
It isn't really getting hot. About 37 Celsius CPU, 30 Celsius Motherboard and 39 Celsius VGA.

What should I do?
I've already tried update some drivers, but it didn't work too.

Help me, please!!!

Thanks,

Cheers,

Gilcio Grella

A:BSOD and Rebooting => A8V / AMD64 3000+ / 2x512 Kingston DDR400 / nVidia AGP FX 5500

Hi HacKiller,

I've investigated your minidumps and the culprit is faulty ram.

Suggestion
1. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot
2. Downclock the ram
3. Clean the dust inside the computer case
4. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard

If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
1. Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
2. If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-rebooting-a8v-amd64-3000-2x512-kingston-ddr400-nvidia-agp-fx-5500.34422/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok i have a old amd sempron 3200+ wich at std runs at 1800mh, it was runing at 40c max load, ive over clocked it to 2200mh and it runs fine at max load at 45c, 2200mh is the highest stock sempron of this socket u can buy...... I then overclocked it to 2300mh stil only about 45 at max load... But it randomly crashes just restarts for no aparent reason.. its not overheating, and my MB would thereticly alow it to run at 3800mh........Is any1 able to shead any light on this it would be apreciated thx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron.99954/
Relevancy 42.57%

I was thinking of getting a new pc, i was looking at athlonxp2800+.Now i find
they have SEMPRON and what i understand it will soon replace the athlon.
Can someone tell me which way to go?

Relevancy 42.57%

I've heard that AMD Semrons can be OC'ed quiet a bit. I want a processor to last me a short while and still be able to play some games like BF2142 or WOW. I am new to OC'ing but learn fast . Should i get a cheap Sempron and OC or go with something more like an Athlon. I want it to be 64 bit.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 42.57%

I'm usually play with Itel stuff but I have decided to have a play with AMD.
I bought an AMD semperon 2200 cpu and I'm going to put it on an Asus A7v8x-x board with 512mb of memory. I have been reading forums about AMD gear but they have not been very helpful (not this site). I'm trying to find some benchmarking between semperon and celeron as I believe they are competitors in the budget cpu market. Are Semperon Cpu's a waste of time ???? or are they ideal for office computing / mild gaming. Some knowledge or web site link would be great.

cheers

A:AMD Sempron help

take a look at this site

I had a quick look at the final page and of the two they tested (both similar value/cost), the sempron performed marginally better

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-help.24798/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all, I just bought 2 AMD 3500+1.8GHz CPU's. I was told that they would fit some kind of Dell. But I don't know what type, model, or even what color of Dell. I thought about asking the person but can't remember who it is. Thanks, jimrod

A:AMD Sempron

What is your purpose for buying these processors? Seems like buying a new engine before you know what car it will fit in. Anyhow, it will fit Motherboards with Form Factor: socket S1. Which Dells have these MBs? That will take some research.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron.72764/
Relevancy 41.71%

what is the difference between these processors ?
looking for a good games processor.

Relevancy 41.71%

I am thinking of buying an HP Pavilion notebook and the inlcuded processor is a Mobile AMD Sempron(TM) 3500+ (1.80GHz/512KB). I know this is a value processor but I was wondering if someone can explain its performance compared to a similiar intel chip (celeron D). I read a bunch of reviews but they all had too much tech-speak in them.

The memory is 1GB RAM (2x512) @ 533mhz and I only plan on using this for the internet, spreadsheets, watching movies from time to time and word processing. Will this chip be powerful enough to cover all that??

Thanks for any help!!!

A:AMD Sempron 3500+

all that and more . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-sempron-3500.505132/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Everyone:

I am considering purchasing an AMD Sempron 140, Socket AM3, Processor and I understand that the second core can be unlocked.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone that knows how to unlock that second core could give me the step by step directions to unlock it before I buy that processor.

Thanks for your assistance and quick response.

Regards.

golfcart03

A:Sempron 140 Processor

You can only unlock it using certain motherboards. What motherboard are you considering to use with it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sempron-140-processor.877306/
Relevancy 41.71%

A friend of mine tells me that the Sempron fits on the same socket as the Athlon XP, and that's its 32bit, like the Athlon.

If this is true, what's the difference between the Sempron and the Athlon? Why should I buy a Sempron over an Athlon?

HULK!

A:Athlon VS. Sempron

The socket A Sempron has the L2 cache chopped in half. The Athlon XP would be my choice, especially a Barton XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/athlon-vs-sempron.370472/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am considering this processor for a new budget pc for office applications. Sempron 2200+ 1.5GHz, 333MHz, 512KB L2.

Is this a good choice? Much better than a Duron? What is the diff between this and an Athlon? Thanks.

Relevancy 41.71%

AMD says that for desktop and notebook computing its -bit Athlon and FX processors fill the AMD processor new Sempron The top range with the Athlon XP and Mobile AMD Athlon XP-M -bit chips The new AMD Sempron processor filling the middle range The new Sempron range of processors are intended to compete with Intel s value Celeron range at the lower end of the market AMD itself says much about the market for the new processor but provides little in the way of details Apparently the target customers for the Sempron are quot about downloading and playing music or sending pictures to family and friends quot In short a home user with a broadband connection for whom the computer is more for entertainment than business tasks Although AMD remains silent about what the design and features of the Sempron are likely to be it is almost certainly going to be a -bit processor Reports suggest that it will be available in Socket A Socket and the recently announced Socket versions with dual- channel DDR RAM support It is also likely to support the NX no execute instruction that guards against buffer overflows and other software design flaws which can be exploited by viruses http www amd com us-en Corporate VirtualPressRoom html Eric http www pcbuyerbeware co uk nbsp

A:The new AMD Sempron processor

Sounds like an updated Duron to me......a new name to fill a market niche.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-new-amd-sempron-processor.13489/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just got a sempron 2800+ on a nforce2 mobo but when i boot up it says its a 2400+.. I turned up the fbs to 166 and still 2400+ 2000mhz. Is there a way to fix this?

A:Sempron problem

Does your motherbiard support that CPU? Go see the manufacturers website. Semprons are quite new and you may need to apply a BIOS update to be able to run it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-problem.15836/
Relevancy 41.71%

Is there a difference between the AMD Athlon XP 2600 and the AMD Sempron 2600 CPU.

I am putting a new PC together and the CPU only display as 1833 Mhz.
On the box of the sempron it says that the pc works at 1833 Mhz.
Can this be displayed as a 2600+ Cpu or not ??

A:AMD Athlon vs AMD Sempron

The Sempron is the Celeron for AMD, its the low budget CPU with a lower performance the the XP CPU's. AMD use to have the Duron line, which it stopped. Sempron will be offerred for the 32 bit and 64 bit chips.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-athlon-vs-amd-sempron.271364/
Relevancy 41.71%

whats the difference?
ive noticed that the Sempron is usually more expensive, what giveS?

A:AMD Sempron vs. AMD Athlon?

The Sempron should not be more expensive then the Athlon of the same performance and generation on the same socket type. The Sempron is the budget line that replaced the older Duron line of AMD CPU's. The line competes with Intel's Celeron-D processors. The difference is mainly the Level 2 cache(1/4 or 1/2 of that of the Athlon), bus speeds(1600 versus 2000 or 333Mhz versus 400Mhz for the socket A line), and cores(not the very latest), and it nots available for the newest 939 socket. The Sempron's don't get updated as quickly as the Athlon lines with new cores but they're great for basic systems and for people on a budget that don't need the latest and greatest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-sempron-vs-amd-athlon.438275/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys!
i was planning on buying this processor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104245
And was wondering if there is any motherboards that will recognize and use it to its potential without flashing the bios, because i know the processor is somewhat new, and most reviews say that they have to tweak bios and mess around with things. Im looking to not spend more then 100 dollars on a Mobo..
and also have the mobo be on newegg, im kind of new to this, so thats why im asking this question. Im expeirenced at like using computers and such, but i have only assembled one (this one) Thank you guys for your help!
-ryan

A:sempron 64 compatability

What do you plan to use your new computer for? If you simply need something for browsing the internet, then the sempron will be fine, but you should know that those sempron CPUs are built as a budget level part. The Athlon CPUs are far superior to the semprons in every way. Is there any particular reason that you are wanting to build a system around that particular CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-64-compatability.32740/
Relevancy 41.71%

which is better semprom 64 bit vs Athlon xp??

A:Sempron 64 bit vs Athlon xp !

Same thing ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-64-bit-vs-athlon-xp.40313/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just built a new system for web surfing and minor gaming Specs as shown AMD Sempron Socket ECS EliteGroup nForce Motherboard Issues AMD Sempron stick of mb PC DDR Ram gb Sata Hdd Apollo Fx mb Agp Video Card PCI US Robotics k Modem Wired Ps Mouse and Keyboard No Speakers Windows XP Pro Sp Full Atx Case w watt Power Supply The issue is that this system works wonders It's power on to desktop load time is about secs It does not give any blue screen errors it runs all programs fine except for games I have Xp Sp installed DirectX c and the newest Nvidia Video and Motherboard Drivers I have flashed Bios up to the newest one avail which is E Now that I have stated what I've done now to the details of the issue This computer will install Doom and Sims perfectly no issues both retail verisons but once you try to load the game they freeze at a screen that you normally do not see if they work correctly They pause at this screen Hdd goes to a full load cycle to no avail and if I do not kill the process the system hard lock in about secs Heres where it gets really weird Medal of Honor which AMD Sempron Issues I know is not AMD Sempron Issues a very spec heavy game still it runs perfectly at Full Res all options to max Thats not that strange until I tried to run CIV just inserting the cd and letting the autorun start causes the cpu usage to go to and does not go away until the autorun is exited I have swapped ram video card and hdd With no luck has anyone every heard of anything like this before I believe it to be a Processor or Motherboard we'll find out soon I am getting a RMA on the Motherboard from Newegg in the next week only because I don't have a proc to swap with But if anyone has any ideas I am open to suggestion Thanks Jared

A:AMD Sempron Issues

Try getting 3dMark05 or 3dMark03 (benchmark program)...it sounds like a standard PSU problem.

I notice you have a 450watt one but if it came with the case, chances are it is a low quality one, and probably does not actually produce 450watts.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/amd-sempron-issues-68999.html
Relevancy 41.71%

ok here is the deal I have a AMD sempron 2400+
and a km4m-v/km3m-v mobo, 256 ddr 333,western digital 40gb harddrive.
now I install it all and fire it up and .....nothing, yes I swiched the jumper
on the mobo so it would boot up so that I can flash the bios.(so that it will
recognize the sempron) so then I pulled my AMD athalonXP 2000+ out of my comp and put it in the mobo (just to see if there are any incompatibility problems) but I get the same thing the computer starts the cpu fan starts the cdrom light blinks on and off but no hdd activity detected and my monitor
doesnt come on dosent recive any signal.
so any suggestions would be helpfull thanks

Relevancy 41.71%

I guess the Sempron jumped in here suddenly without my noticing and I am seeing the term more as time passes.

What is the Sempron chip and how does it compare to Celeron, Duron, Athlon and Pentium?

Relevancy 41.71%

Just installed a Sempron 2500+, this is what Aida says, Athlon XP 1600+, 1400mhz, 5.25x267
Award bios 8/2/04, I thought the Semprons were suppose to run at 333fsb, what happened to that, the mobo is Gigabyte 7NF-RZ, WCPUID seems to confirm Aida32 info says its a XP1600+/1403mhz/333sys clk/266 sys bus/10.5 multipler. Any chance of getting this to run right?

Relevancy 41.71%

hi, i just bought a sempron 2600+ (did have a xp 2600 but they sold me a mobile version and had no "proper" ones in stock and was in desperate need of a cpu so sempron had to do). anyway, im running it on an asus a7n8x-x board with 1gb of ddr 333 ram. the prob is that my ram doesnt want to go to 33. could someone tell me what im doin wrong? i got the bios settings at 166x11.5 with the ram set to by spd.
cheers guys.
rich

A:Sempron upgrade.

Try setting the Ram to 100% instead of "by SPD".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-upgrade.16141/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have an AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.8ghz on a foxcconn 760GXK8MC motherboard. It's socket 754. Old I know, but not too old.

I have 1gb of RAM, a 512mb graphics card. I think the CPU is the weakest point at the moment. But to upgrade the CPU, you usually have to upgrade the motherboard. I was thinking of going dual-core anyway and that isn't socket 754.

Is there anyway I can overclock my CPU safely? I have NEVER done this before so I would appreciate a step-by-step thing....

Thanks
Jack

Relevancy 41.71%

I am using a PC-CHIPS motherboard (M810 series) equipped with A socket and just installed bare-bones a Sempron 2400+ and a 64K memory stick. The only response I get from the system is 8 beeps; no display on the monitor. Are there any known issues with this configuration (pcchips motherboard-memory size-Sempron).
P.S. I had the motherboard in storage for a few months and it was OK up to when it was stored.

Relevancy 41.28%

Quick question:

Does anyone know the size of the stock heatsink fan on Socket AM2 Semprons? I'm looking at a 3000+ (if by chance they vary.)

TIA!

A:Size of stock Sempron fan

Just buy a cheap new HSF off newegg for ~20$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/size-of-stock-sempron-fan.60726/
Relevancy 41.28%

Is a AMD Sempron 3100+ any good? What is the differences between it and an AMD Athlon XP 2400+? There is a choice on a website between a Sempron 3100+ and Athlon XP 2400+ w/ mobo for the same price. Which is a better performer?

A:Is a AMD Sempron 3100+ any good?

The AMD Sempron 3100+ is by far the better performer.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16936

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-amd-sempron-3100-any-good.17532/
Relevancy 41.28%

i hav a really big problem an its annoying me no extent rite i recently got upgrades for my computer my spec is as follos AMD Sempron DDR RAM Radeon mb DDR WINFAST K S MG Motherboard gb gb HD s thats all thats important now lol neways here is the prob i reformated the system an once i 2600+ help!!!!!!!!!!!! underclocked, plz Sempron AMD booted up i checked the properties of my computer an it said the processor wos running at MHZ i tryed EVERYTHING to put this up including the obvious of putting the fsb up on teh motehrboard but on teh bios settings there was AMD Sempron 2600+ underclocked, plz help!!!!!!!!!!!! nuthing about teh fsb And it was definetly running at because i downloaded several programs that said thats what it was running at i eventualy found out that on the driver disc for the motherboard theres something called quot Super utilitys quot which allows you to do many things including puttin the FSB up So i put it up bit by bit it was at mgz so i got to about mgz when it went above ghz but when i set teh fsb to mgz makign the processor run at mgz the computer shut down dead an froze while starting back up i turned off the computer an turned it back on an the processor was running at again i Kept trying over and over to put it by but kept restarting i once got a message as it was about to load windows about memory could not be written or something Anyway it now runs at mgz processor that is but it anoys me knoing that i could be getting alot more out my processor iu ve updated the motherboard added more ram i had ram at this point then i bought another stick i ve adjusted the bios settings numerous times still nuthing if theres neone out ther that can help me plz do cause this is really ing annoying lol thanx p s i ve attached a pic of wot my settings look like with this superstep thing i got with the motherboard disc its within superutilitys nbsp

A:AMD Sempron 2600+ underclocked, plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your original speed of 1.83ghz is correct for your cpu.

Take a look at the following specs.

AMD Sempron Processors - Socket A OPN Model Operating Freq.(MHz) Clock Mult. Nominal Voltage Max Die Temp. L2 Cache FSB Freq.(MHz) Package
SDA3000DUT4D 3000+ 2000MHz 12x 1.60V 90 C 512KB 333MHz OPGA
SDC2800DUT3D 2800+ 2000MHz 12x 1.60V 90 C 256KB
SDA2800DUT3D 2800+ 2000MHz 12x 1.60V 90 C
SDA2600DUT3D 2600+ 1833MHz 11x 1.60V 90 C
SDA2500DUT3D 2500+ 1750MHz 10.5x 1.60V 90 C
SDA2400DUT3D 2400+ 1667MHz 10x 1.60V 90 C
SDA2300DUT3D 2300+ 1583MHz 9.5x 1.60V 90 C
SDC2200DUT3D 2200+ 1500MHz 9x 1.60V 90 C
SDA2200DUT3D 2200+ 1500MHz 9x 1.60V 90 C

Make sure that your fsb is set to 166.mhz (333mhz effective)

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-2600-underclocked-plz-help.19437/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there just wondering if my sempron 2500+ can be clocked,if so what speed is atainable and whats the safest way to do it and what will i need i currently have 1x 512mb ddr(333mhz) fitted

A:Sempron 2500+ how to clock

Most cpus can be overclocked, but the real question is whether your motherboards supports overclocking. Overclocking advise posts should go into "cooling and modding", even though it would seem like cpus and mobos would be right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-2500-how-to-clock.44895/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,
I just want to know how high i can OC my AMD Sempron 2200 to and still be safe.

The M/B is a K7S41GX with a MAX FSB of 333Mhz.

What is a safe overclocking, and would it be advisable to get extra cooling for this, as the only fan is the CPU fan.

Thanks in Advance,
Ph30nIX

A:How high can i OC my AMD Sempron 2200

Read the reviews
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...frcode=0&propertycode=&propertycodevalue=6355

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-high-can-i-oc-my-amd-sempron-2200.18114/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I would like to give my older PC a little boost Having recently put in a slightly better AGP graphics card and DVD-Writer I would like to bump the RAM from GB to GB As it is an older PC Correct Where?! What?! RAM Sempron?! for Solved: I doubt there is much Solved: Correct RAM for Sempron?! What?! Where?! more that I could do with it The problem is that I last bumped the RAM from MB to GB a while back When I did I just asked for quot RAM quot and what I bought was from the PC builder and worked I didn t really note what it was Fortunately from having to solve issues surrounding my earlier upgrades I installed Everest What an amazing bit of software eh MOTHERBOARD CPU Type Unknown MHz x Motherboard Name ASRock K VT A PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio LAN Motherboard Chipset VIA VT A Apollo KT A System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT I am not sure why it says CPU type unknown when I know that it s a Sempron but there you go QUESTIONS DDR RAM is I expect too much for me What is the difference between RAM and SDRAM and does the upgrade need to be SDRAM also Must it be PC or can it be PC bigger number I thought that I might look at ebay for RAM My first search was corsair ram Thinking that I couldn t have the whizzbang DDR and DDR I refined that search to corsair ram -ddr -ddr As you know what I am dealing with which would you say is the best RAM that I could get without overdoing matters in my desire to boost to GB As I am located in the UK what would be my best ebay search or where would be my best source of RAM and if not ebay what should I ask for Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Correct RAM for Sempron?! What?! Where?!

You need 184-pin DDR SDRAM, not DDR2 nor DDR3. SDRAM is synchronous, meaning it is synchronized with the systems clock. Older DRAM ran at its own speed. You can use PC2700 or PC3200. If you add a PC3200 stick to what you have now, it will only run at PC2700 speed. I don't know how being in the UK affects things, but you can get what your looking for from Crucial or many other vendors online.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-correct-ram-for-sempron-what-where.754756/
Relevancy 41.28%

I m looking to build a new PC to replace an ageing K Things have moved on a bit since I built my last or Athlon Sempron 3100 64 PC Athlon GHz I ve since discovered the Athlon and now the Sempron I m not sure how they all compare but I ve found out that the Sempron is a better CPU than the lower speed Semprons Can someone explain how the Athlon XP Athlon and Sempron compare I m planning to use this for a family PC It will be used mainly for internet access broadband and digital camera work It won t be used for playing games well not many as the kids have gone off to uni I need something up to date that will last three or Sempron 3100 or Athlon 64 four years I was planning on using a processor first an Athlon XP then heard about the Athlon s then the Sempron Will the Athlon only come into it s own when bit applications and operating systems come on line I don t want to spend megabucks on this nor do I want a low end machine I realise that higher spec ed CPUs demand higher priced motherboards which may well generate another question when I have to chose one Thanks Steve nbsp

A:Sempron 3100 or Athlon 64

Sure thing.

There are seven basic chips for Socket 462 (A). They are:

Duron (classic)
Duron Applebred
Athlon
Athlon Thunderbird
Athlon XP
Athlon XP Barton
Sempron

And there are four basic chips for sockets 754 and 939:
Sempron
Athlon 64
Athlon 64 FX
Opteron

The sempron is the only CPU that exists for both the old and the new socket. The sempron is, in essence, is AMDs answer to the Intel Celeron. It is a lower priced chip that, even though it is on the 64bit socket, is still a 32bit chip. It lacks greatly in performance as compared to an Athlon 64, but is intended to be a entry-level CPU.

The Socket A sempron is the same core as an Athlon XP Thouroughbred, with 256kb L2 cache. The primary difference is that the FSB of the cpu has been upped to 166mhz from 133mhz. All TBred's are designed to run on 133mhz fsb (There are two exceptions, but they are of no particular note, one was never released), and the Semprons are designed to run on 166mhz FSB.

So in short:

Sempron = Competetion for the celeron, 166mhz FSB for Socket A, 32-bit for 754/939 sockets

I cannot remember if there will be any semprons for the 754 socket, if someone can please refresh my memory.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-3100-or-athlon-64.20047/
Relevancy 41.28%

I was wondering how i can overclock my sempron because it runs pretty cool around 40degrees. I tryed raising fsb but it cant go over 164. Can anyone give me the run down? im a noob

A:Overclocking a 2800+ sempron?

Overclocking posts, threads & advice...

1. Threads/Q's about overclocking belongs in the "Cooling & Modding" forum, not here in the "Cpu, chipsets and mobos"Click to expand...

Now that we've got this "issue" out of the way, it might be a bit hard to give you advice with so little knowledge about your setup (yes, I did check your system setup in your profile but it is empty). :giddy:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-a-2800-sempron.18879/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a 754 socket motherboard sitting around - I got extra parts to get it going except a CPU. I was just curious what the difference between Sempron & Athlon performance wise?

Thanks.

A:Difference between Athlon & Sempron?

This chart should answer most of your questions:

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-athlon-sempron.53737/
Relevancy 41.28%

Are these good prices? $68-- 2.5GHz Sempron, and $30-- 256MB DDR
PC-3200?

Am building a system using a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Mobo.
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-7N400.htm

Would it be a good deal to get these two items to use in it?

This:
$68-- 2.5GHz Sempron, 333MHz FSB CPU
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-104-204&depa=0

And this:
$30-- 256MB DDR PC-3200 RAM
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...008&ATT=Memory+System+Memory&CMP=OTC-d3alt1me

Relevancy 41.28%

Now I'm really not trying to start an Intel vs. AMD debate, but I have a question about buying a new PC. I hear lots of good stuff about Sempron - is the Sempron the equivalent of a Celeron? If it is and I decide to spend the extra cash to move up to an Athlon or P4, are there any KEY differences between Athlon and P4 if I am using the system for MS Office apps, web and a bit of gaming? (Or should I just stick at the Sempron level?)

A:Sempron and Celeron (and Pentium 4...)

Sempron is more than enough for what you posted that you do. I say save your money, or maybe buy more memory...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sempron-and-celeron-and-pentium-4.340244/
Relevancy 41.28%

Is it possible to upgrade a sempron cpu to a turion cpu in a laptop, has anyone done this. Acer 1360

If not how about to an amd 64

A:laptop sempron to turion or amd 64?

They all use different sockets i expect and different infrastructures.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sempron-to-turion-or-amd-64.59299/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey there guys i have an AMD: Sempron 2600 palermo cpu, winfast k8n pro mobo and 1.5gb of ram :\ just woundering how i would go about overclocking and if it is worth it ?

I'm quite a noob but do have some knowledge ^^

I've tried to overclock before but i was scared :>! now i'm keen to do it again even if it frys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-2600-palermo.92773/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys

I am building a system with these components

pc chips m860
sempron 2800+ s754
ebuyer value 512MB pc2100
etc.

After putting it together it would not boot. I replaced the ram with a stick of
corsair twinX and this message came up

CMOS checksum bad
CMOS date/time not set
*****Warning:Unknown processor*****
The processor installed in your system is not known by the BIOS
Please contact your BIOS vendor for appropriate updates
Fatal error...system halted

Is my CPU faulty?

According to the pc chips website this mobo supports the 2800+ out of the box.

see pc chips so I should not have to update the BIOS

I'm not going to shell out for an athlon 64 just for that!

Where would I stand if I had to RMA because I needed a BIOS update?

All help gratefully recieved.

Relevancy 41.28%

I just saw a very nice Medion netbook powered by AMD Sempron 210U processor, and I have all intetions to buy it but before I do that I would like to know how this processor compares with intel Atom, I'm more interested in how 210U handles the 480p videos on youtube and if will play locally stored 720p videos.

Anticipated thanks to everyone who will help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-210u-vs-atom.145512/
Relevancy 41.28%

Currently I am using AMD sempron 64 bit processor and whenever I am installing windows 7 then i am unable get driver. Please help me... where i can get sound and all drivers of windows 7 for this processor..

A:I need drivers for AMD sempron 64 bit processor

Hiyya nitesh0404 and welcome now any chance of getting some more details of that processor mate as you need to find that particular one.

As you can see from this there are heaps.

AMD Sempron 64 microprocessor family

The other suggestion would be to go to Control Panel > Device Manager > window opens with all of your devices > then follow the pic - you can do that for all devices.

Let us know how you go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/256287-i-need-drivers-amd-sempron-64-bit-processor.html
Relevancy 41.28%

All i did was shutdown windows Xp and then wanted to boot into linux. It wouldnt boot, i found that my cpu was the problem. My computer first reported that the ram was the problem so i bought 512MB PC3200 and that didnt do it. So i put in my old Duron 1.6 and it works beautifully. My cpu looks like this in several places. What would be the problem?
http://www.digit-life.com/articles/overclockingamd/15.jpg

thankyou,

paul

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,
I am new to this system building but I just installed a new AMD Sempron 2500 on a Abit V20 motherboard and my control panel only shows it running at 1.39GHz. The specs on this CPU say it runs at 1.75GHz. I have check my BIOS settings and they are set to optimal and 133MHz. Is there something else I need to do?
Thanks,
Geekster

Relevancy 40.85%

I read something about bios and FSB but: my mother is an Asrock k7s41gx and the bios keep me change the FSB by jumper (100 mhz) and manually. If I change the FSB manually, can I damage the processor or the motherboard?
Sorry, my english is poor... i from Argentina.

Relevancy 40.85%

My current CPU is....
Processor : AMD Sempron 145 (single core) 2.8 ghz
Socket type : AM3
Cache L1 : 64 kb
L2 : 1 mb
Architechture : 32-bit
Can I upgrade to a 64-bit changing only the processor Or Is it that I can upgrade to only a 32-bit processor?

The processor I want to upgrade to is....
Processor : AMD Athlon II X2 270 (dual core) 3.4 ghz
Socket Type : AM3
Cache L1 : 256 kb
L2 : 2 mb
Architechture : 32 or 64 bit

A:Can I upgrade amd sempron processor to amd athlon x2 ?

You have asked a question that does not have an answer [at least in the current form of your question]

You need to provide a LOT more info; exact mb installed, what pw supply you are running, etc, etc, etc.

Note if this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, the only one who can tell you is the oem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-amd-sempron-processor-to-amd-athlon-x2.1092785/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm at a loss. My computer has a AMD Sempron 3400+ processor. The sticker on the computer says that it is a 2.0 GHz processor - 256kb L2 cache - 1600MHz System bus.

Anyways, it's running at 1.0 GHz. Is this because it's a 64bit processor running 32 bit Windows XP Home SP/2? Does that cut the processor speed in half?

I don't get it. If someone could clue me in I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Corey

Relevancy 40.85%

Hey I am wondering how to over clock a Amd Sempron 2200+.I have searched on the internet to find out how but when I try it in my bios all the voltgage settings and cpu speed cant be changed and are all blue.Heres a video showing it http://www.naruto.co.nz/video_00004.mp4

A:Problem Over clocking Amd sempron 2200+

There is an excellent discussion on your situation located at

http://forums.techpowerup.com/archive/index.php/t-5836.html

and another issue is that I believe the frequency is capped at 199 mhz, so you might want to lower than and increase your multipliers. I havent read through the full article, but I believe there is a section to show whether or not your multipliers are perma locked @ http://fab51.com/index-e.html. Also, post if you know more info, but does anyone know if the pencil trick would work with unlocking multipliers here?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-over-clocking-amd-sempron-2200.92373/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey guys

Prob an easy question for some

I have a Sempron socket A 2400 - just wondering whether it will work in an Asus A7S8X-MX ?
Just after a cheap Mobo for a build ?

thanks

Relevancy 40.85%

Athlon or Sempron
what do you guys think of the difference here

as to price
AMD Sempron 2600+ 58.69
AMD Athlon "Mobile" XP2600-M Barton 76.32

i think i understand some of th edifference
sempron 256K cache - and locked spped so cant be overclocked
athlon barton 512K cache - and can be clocked

so any benchmarks on if these two processors where placed in identical systems - no modiofications.
which is better

a lot of my friends and also on this forum people are asking aboutg the sempron and its a saving of 20 is the extra worth it???

Relevancy 40.85%

Currently im running an AMD sempron 3400+ which has these stats:
And im thinking of upgrading it to an AMD turion x64 TL-52 which i can get for about ?15

Is it worth it?
Will i notice a diffrence?

Cheers

A:AMD Sempron 3400+ To AMD Turion x64 Tl-52 Upgrade

You can upgrade but have to be very careful so have look this video to see what it look like: YouTube - How to Upgrade CPU of an Acer Aspire 4315 - Step by Step but have to check if your laptop support the new CPU and see if there any latest BIOS first before you upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/76718-amd-sempron-3400-amd-turion-x64-tl-52-upgrade.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Sempron as Athlon XP 2400 as 1500+ Athlon Sempron XP Board as read from Sempron 2400 as Athlon XP 1500+ the board itself K S MG- L Board as read from BIOS screen - WinFast K S M Series WP Apparently a Foxconn product BIOS AwardBIOS v PG Pr Master HDD Samsung SP N BH - Pr Slave HDD Samsung SV H PK - Sec Master LG CD-RW CED- B Sec Slave Samsung Sempron 2400 as Athlon XP 1500+ CD-Rom SC- L LS Memory x ddr cl MT VDDT AG- CA Floppy disk Fail CPU currently reads as AMD Athlon XP O S XP Pro SP I guess that many who give advice here must get a bit unenthused when the same question keeps repeating but I have looked at everything that seemed related in the pages of requests for help c taken days and couldn t find an answer specific enough to my problem which is A second-hand Sempron on a Foxconn K S MG- L NOW reads as an Athlon XP at Ghz From answers I read it seems that the CPU frequency setting needs to be Mhz but this option is not NOW available seems the options are greyed out DRAM appears alterable and I have tried it at different settings When I first installed this Board and CPU to regen an old machine I did take some screenshots that confirm CPU as Sempron Also shows Current CPU freqncy Also shows Current DRAM freqncy Auto config Performance DDR SDRAM CAS Latency AUTO DDR Input terminate control OFF TEMPS CPU core v v v v I can t get back to that setting The CPU speed remembered as g Tried Loading defaults Moving CMOS jumper Removing the battery not fitted a new one tho Raising the temp control to c Every variation of option in the BIOS that I can see Removing the power lead from the tower and holding the start button don t know where I heard that The only further step I can think of is to demount the CPU and remount but the spring on the htsnk fan is so strong and the board feels fragile that I would prefer to leave alone if possible Can anyone guide me as to how to recover the original settings nbsp

A:Sempron 2400 as Athlon XP 1500+

Do you have the install/recovery disk for the motherboard?? If you do, try reinstalling the board drivers and see if that does the trick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-2400-as-athlon-xp-1500.66075/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi everyone,

I wanna ask about overclocking my socket 754 Amd Sempron 2600+ palermo core (1.6 ghz)....i hve Asus K8V-mx mobo which supports limited overclocking i.e from 200-240 mhz fsb increment...i hve 786 mb of ram (1*256 mb + 1*512 mb ddr 400)....so can anybody tell me is this board good for overclocking, has anyone overclocked his processor on this board, if yes then how much n was it stable???

waiting for ur replies...

Thanks

A:overclocking sempron 2600+ palermo

Overclocking on that board with that sempron is quite good, just watch your cpu temps. but i would not overclock at the max, becomes unstable at over 7%.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-sempron-2600-palermo.54224/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all I ve trawled through the FAQ s and looked through the threads but could not anything pertaining to my particular setup I have a PC Chips M alu Socket A motherboard in which I have recently Sempron needed BIOS settings for dropped in a Sempron processor to replace the Athlon XP I recently fried don t ask The problem is that when I fire up the computer it is recognised as an Athlon XP How do I set the BIOS on this particular motherboard so that it runs as I have read on the internet that I need to use an x multiplier but I m lost the closest to that that I see in the BIOS is I BIOS settings needed for Sempron have set the frequency to Mhz as suggested elsewhere on the net with the multiplier set to With this setting it runs as a but I want to get the full capacity out of the processor Any idea anyone what settings i need to use Thanks nbsp

A:BIOS settings needed for Sempron

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You may need to upgrade your bios in order for your mobo to recognise your Sempron cpu.

Check on your mobo manufacturers website for a bios upgrade.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-settings-needed-for-sempron.41119/
Relevancy 40.85%

i have an emachine w3644 with vista ultimate, 2gbs of RAM . I have the 2x2gbs sticks ready to put in to upgrade it to 4gbs of ram.........is my stock cpu ( amd sempron le-1200) able to load the vista 64 bit cd? and can my amd le-1200 handle 4 gbs of ram

A:Solved: is amd sempron LE-1200 64 bit compatible?

The CPU can, but its more of a question of your motherboard.... but if you look on the Emachine site:

http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=W3644

The mobo only supports up to 2GB of RAM. If it had 4 memory slots or less limitations, it can have more. There maybe a bios update to support more RAM.

You can try to use the memory, it shouldn't hurt anything.... either not work or be unstable if there are problems..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-amd-sempron-le-1200-64-bit-compatible.711861/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am building a computer with an AMD Sempron 2400+ I have everything i need except the motherboard and memory. I am low on cash and limited to about $150 so if you have any suggestions please let me no!

A:Building Computer With AMD Sempron 2400+

how much memory do you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-computer-with-amd-sempron-2400.23824/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm running an AMD Sempron 3400+ Manila core 1.8 Ghz on a Biostar MCP6P M2+ mainboard. I currently have 2 GB DDR2 RAM. Would adding another 2 GB (allowing it to run 4 GB in dual channel) give a noticeable performance increase or would the Sempron 3400+ 1.8 GHz limit any gain in performance? Thanks a million for any help. I just don't want to spend money on the extra RAM and end up realizing that I don't see much of a difference.

A:Sempron 3400+ Limiting factor?

hi Soul,
i assume your XP system is 32 bit? if so when you add another 2gb of ram a 32 bit os is only going to let you use somewhere between 2.75-3.25 gb of it as 'useable' memory....its ''memory mapped IO reservations' its an motherboard architecture thing that re-routes memory over apporox 3gb on 32 bit systems to other hardware in the system. in addition there have been a number of tests that show there is very little to no gain in ram above 2gb on XP 32. hope that helped

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-3400-limiting-factor.127307/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a question : what would a sempron 2600 1.6 ghz with 64 bit instruction (x86 -64) 754 socket be comparing with intel in terms of ghz!

A:equivalent of s754 Sempron 2600+

CPU's arent all about the ghz.

It's mostly its instructions, (sse, 3dnow, etc.)
the FSB, (Front Side Bus)
and the L1 and L2 cache.

but I would imagine that a cpu of that speed would be pretty slow,
since semprons suck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/equivalent-of-s754-sempron-2600.43182/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all I have installed a sempron into an asus a a and have a few questions that asus couldn t wouldn t answer just sent a link to processor support The sempron is currently running at mhz because when you adjust the buss to on the a a the pci bus goes to and the system is unstable so my other option is to adjust the multiplier up from where it is xp1500 2400 showing as Sempron at now and leave the buss at the multiplier is Sempron 2400 showing as xp1500 greyed out but I have read about installing a jumper on the mobo where the switch would have been I am wondering if anyone else is or has used this combo and if I am missing anything here I would also like to know wether or not I am wasting my time with this are the semprons locked lastly I have the last bois for this board beta I am wondering if any of the older bioses allowed the multiplier to be changed in jumperless mode any help would be appreciated Rob nbsp

A:Sempron 2400 showing as xp1500

Well you are trying to run a processor that isn't supported on that motherboard. That's not a very good start. Secondly, I don't think Semprons have unlocked multipliers, so even if the motherboard could change the multiplier you would still have to unlock it physically on the chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-2400-showing-as-xp1500.19074/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have these two screenshots from CPUz, one from a nornal Sempron 3100+ and an overclocked Sempron 3100+

Standard: LINK: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/k1n9k00p4/cpuz-1.jpg

Overclocked: LINK: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/k1n9k00p4/cpuz-3overclocked.jpg

Basically my question is, looking at both screens, the only difference is a higher Voltage for the overclocked Sempron.

So if i increased my CPU voltage to the same as the overclocked screenshot, will my CPU achive overclocked performence the same as the sempron displayed in the screenshot?

or is there more that needs to be done to raise the clock speed from 1800mzh to 2500mhz?

If im way off, dont flame, Im learning.

PEACE.

A:Sempron 3100+ Overclock question

well first of all..Post larger screenshots!
The difference is the Voltage beeing raised so it can be more stable.
Voltage does not affect Clock speed.
It was the FSB that was modiffied.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-3100-overclock-question.49401/
Relevancy 40.85%

all,

I am just setting up a machine with completely new components.

chip is a sempron 2400+
m'board is an asus A7v400-mx
(latest bios patch installed as far as i can tell (just patched it))

and the following problems are occuring...

1. cant get the mboard to recognise the cpu at correct speed, when i set the switches on the mboard to correct frequency the board powers up for a second when power is switched on and then switches off and wont restart until the power cable has been removed for a few seconds and then put back in.

2. if i set the frequecy switches to defualt the cpu is recognised a 1000+, i am then able to start xp setup...but early on at the point where is says now starting windows the machine powers down and wont restart as above.

any ideas?

im already on a rickety stool with a rope around my neck.

Many Thanks

James

A:Asus problem with sempron, help appreciated

Did you set it in BIOS to 166 since you have a 333fsb try this let us know...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-problem-with-sempron-help-appreciated.21577/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,
Recently bought my first AMD processor.

Could someone please give me a comparison with the equivalent Intel processor because I'm a little confused at the moment!

Thanks
Dan

A:Sempron 2ghz Intel Comparison

Hope this helps.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-2ghz-intel-comparison.46819/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone...

Im helping my sister buy a comptuer and have seen one running AMD Sempron 2800+..... Just wondering if anyone knows if its any good, as i know virtually nothing about AMD... She'll not put the computer through too much, maybe a game or to but thats about it....will it support just some standard use well???

thanks everyone,

toddy

A:Computer buying - AMD Sempron 2800+ ??? Whats it like?

I am pretty sure it will. As long as it is not heavy gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-buying-amd-sempron-2800-whats-it-like.31141/
Relevancy 40.42%

A:Sempron 2800+ AM2 TakeMs DDR2/667mhz

Post those in the TS gallery. That's what it's for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-2800-am2-takems-ddr2-667mhz.60926/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am still in the looking-at-a-new-computer mode. I keep thinking I must stick with highest Athlon or Pentium 4, but how do the Celeron and Sempron stack up against them? Do I really need to get the best? I need what's good for 'net use, basic use, and photo editing/organizing use--no plan for game use.
Thanks.

Relevancy 40.42%

I putin new proccesor amd sepron 2600 in a7n8x deluxe mob wont boot up is there any jumper settings that need to be changed it a rev 2.0

A:A7n8x deluxe not working with Sempron 2600

Athlon and Duron CPU's only

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a7n8x-deluxe-not-working-with-sempron-2600.135229/
Relevancy 40.42%

I just recently upgraded my computer (which after 2 defective different parts was a huge pain). I set my fsb in the bios to 190, now i have a 1.99 Ghz machine. I can change the fsb up to 199 i think while the jumpers are on 166. However if i switch it up to 200mhz it gets a "machine check error". My specs are-> sempron 2500+ with stock heatsink, sy-kt600 dragon plus v2.0, 333 mhz ram, nvidia mx 440 video card. I'm guessing that the error is putting it to 200mhz is to much for the ram. I don't know a whole lot about overclocking and i know that a sempron is not very good at that. But if anyone has any suggestions, people always like faster computers!! Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-sempron-2500-with-kt600-dragon-plus-v2-0.308655/
Relevancy 40.42%

Can I install Install a DVD burner on sr1910nx-sempron ?

Will I be able to use Nero to burn video files t makeo dvd video on it ?

At the moment it has a cw/rw and dvd rom installed inside.

It is a Compaq Presario PC,

Thanks.

A:Installing an internal DVD-rw burner on sr1910nx-sempron

Any IDE DVD/RW should work in your Compaq. If you have an OEM version of Nero (Nero Express only) it may only support the drive it came with. If you have the full retail version of Nero Ultimate, it should work but check with Nero's web site to see if they support that drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-an-internal-dvd-rw-burner-on-sr1910nx-sempron-615196.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I've been running an earlier version of Wolfenstein 3D on my Gateway 3310S intel Celeron 2.80 ghz processor (Windows XP) O.K. I just purchased a Compaq SR1910NX 3200+ (Windows XP). I can install and load the game but cannot execute it. I just get a blank screen. A help file suggests that the game doesn't recognize the processor as being Pentium and I need to go to WWW.AMD.COM and download UPDTPI31.EXE. I cannot find this file anywhere. Do you suppose this is indeed what I need? Maybe all this is too old? I purchased this Compaq mainly to allow the games to be run there instead of on my main computer. Maybe I screwed up and should have purchased a Pentium processor????
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wolfenstein-fails-usind-amd-sempron-not-intel.488115/
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok folks my girlfriends laptop has just given up the ghost. I've traced the fault down to the motherboard. Rather than ditching the lappy I'm gonna replace the motherboard and possibly upgrade the cpu while in surgury. So i'm just wondering what is the quickest CPU I can drop into this lappy without any Bios flashing or general mucking around with the system.

I know you can do it as I have seen a Turion 64 1.6ghz on the same mother board as mine (Part No. 394253)

Also can other motherboard/CPU combinations fit into the Compaq M2000 shell??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-upgrade-for-compaq-m2217ap-sempron-2800.641339/
Relevancy 40.42%

My son is running a ASUS motherboard with an AMD Sempron CPU No problems playing Unreal and other games We picked up a dual cpu AMD vs Sempron Athlon single games Dual for Athlon MPs w a Gigabyte RAID MB in a big server tower at an auction had to take about other older PCs to get it though but for bucks why not I threw some RAM and Dual Athlon vs single Sempron for games an old hard drive in it and it fired right up I d like to ask if he would see a noticable difference in performance if we swapped all his hardware to this quot new quot machine and ran the games with the dual processors I have absolutely no gaming experience and even less with dual CPUs I just don t want to the hassle of talking Pro into accepting the new MB and have the games play the same He s got MB RAM and an ATi MB video card that will go with the two Gig hard drives He was happy with his system until he saw the dual CPUs Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I hav a:
2004 Pentuim 4...1gig ram(maxedout)...2.2 gigahertz 200mb harddrive(NOT THE SATA TYPE)....WINXP

2008 AMD Sempron 3400+..1gig( 4 gb possible upgrade)..2.00 gigahertz 200mb SATA hardrive..WINXP

Which computer should i keep? I dont game much but watch alot of streaming media
My first thought is PEN4 is better therefore better than Sempron, my second thought is Sempron with 4 GB of memory possible might be better.

A:Solved: Which computer should i keep? a AMD Sempron vs a Pentuim 4 processer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-which-computer-should-i-keep-a-amd-sempron-vs-a-pentuim-4-processer.833108/
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok i know that pentium processors are better than AMD for work related stuff well thats what i got told but i use my AMD for games and i just wanted to know which processor you guys think is better.

AMD Sempron +2400 1.7ghz

or

Pentium m 1.4ghz

I know some of you might be thinking why im asking because obviously the 1.7ghz is the best but is that true because i ran a program to test CPU and the pentium m won on CPU passmark getting 305 and AMD getting 295 but the AMD won on other tests i have attached the test results to this thread so you can see for yourself.

I guess my real question is how good are AMD sempron processors?

A:AMD sempron +2400 1.7ghz VS Pentium m 1.4ghz

Nothing is better than others OVERALL.

AMD excels at gaming. Pentium wins in video/audio de/en-coding. Also, the chipset plays a role in benchmarking. SiS is no way better than nForce, for example. Like my family's PC, its PC3200 RAM is the same as mine in my PC, but their benchy wins in RAM dept. Their RAM or Intel chipset is better than mine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-2400-1-7ghz-vs-pentium-m-1-4ghz.21523/
Relevancy 40.42%

hello

i have just changed the motherboard to a foxconn xp 748k7aa motherboard and sempron 2400 on my old computer. when i plug in the computer the power light comes on without me even powering it up, no fans whirring or no beeps. however, i have not done a clean install of the hard drive but i wouldnt have thought that would be a problem with the powering up.

do i need to put the hd into another computer and reformat it before i start

any help would be appreciated

A:foxconn motherboard and sempron 2400 socket

The power light on the motherboard comes on? That is normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/foxconn-motherboard-and-sempron-2400-socket.447849/
Relevancy 40.42%

My Processor is it good for gaming cause im wondering if i shud buy a new one cause when i play CSS ( Counter Strike: Source) its kinda laggy well its more laggy than not laggy at all. Plus the graphics ar pretty bad, but im able to see everything ( not clearly ). So Im wondering if my processor ( AMD Sempron 3100+) is good for it or i shud get a new one and shud i get a new graphics card (SiS 760)? My RAM is 512MB maybe i shud get 2GB RAM or 1GB????any suggestions?

A:AMD Sempron 3100+ Processor(1.81 Ghz), Good for gaming or Bad?

It looks like from your post that you are using on board graphics. This would be one cause of the lagginess. Your processor may also be slowing things down. Since it is a Semperon, you would be limited to getting another socket 754 processor. The Athlon 64 is still available in socket 754, but this socket only supports single channel memory, unlike the socket 939 which supports dual channel memory.

So, to help you with a video card, what does your Motherboard support: AGP or PCI-e graphics cards? If you don't know for sure then tell us your motherboard make and model and we can help suggest an appropriate video card.

Here is a possible processor upgrade: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103483

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-3100-processor-1-81-ghz-good-for-gaming-or-bad.54142/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi folks,
I have an emachines w3644 with a sempron le-1200 cpu installed. The mobo is an AM2 socket. I am trying to find out if I can upgrade to a dual core, possibly an Athlon 64x2 4800?

A:Solved: Upgrade cpu issue sempron le-1200

If the socket is AM2 it should take all AM2 cpu. That leaves quite a variety of choices.
Almost all of them will be a fairly dramatic increase in performance. Price should range betwenn $80 - $200, any more than that will be overbaord for that machine. Personally I'd go with the AMD 6000. This is your machine, right?: http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=W3644 - so I'd grab one more gig of ram too, should be able to get 667 ram for about $45 for a gig. Consider a video card, you only have X8 slot which is a bit odd, most have x16. But still, a $75 -100 card will be multiple times as good as that onboard 6100. If it was me, I'd get the new nVidia 9600 for $150, but I like to game.
zilla

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-upgrade-cpu-issue-sempron-le-1200.712980/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I bought one of these and have installed it in a box that was working Upon booting it up I ve only AMD64 K8MM3-V Sempron Motherboard 3300+ CPU/MSI got a power led light slow flashing which is supposed to indicate low power to the mboard Apparently its a protection thing Anyway when I turn on the box the cpu fan wizzes around for a fraction of a second the led lights slow flash and thats it I ve bought a new w ps checked both the atx power plugs are seated properly checked the front panel switches are connected properly read the manual for any little thing it might be All the above many times I ve checked that the ram is compatable AMD64 3300+ Sempron CPU/MSI K8MM3-V Motherboard it is I ve checked that I don t have chasis intrusion enabled no jumpers on that no AMD64 3300+ Sempron CPU/MSI K8MM3-V Motherboard cables are fouling I ve unpugged all devices including the ram and nyet I m out of ideas as to what it can be Anyone got a tack I should try Matt nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I need and urgent help I have followin system actually two of them however just one of them has the certain problem AMD Sempron BOXed version - with bundled AMD cooler MB MSI K N Delta x MB RAM - AM MHz VGA AGP MSI GeForce MX CD-ROM Teac ATA HDD Maxtor DiaMax GB Case EuroCase MD PSU MaxPower PX- V A V A V A V freezing system D2 keeps and Sempron, k7n2 rebooting A - v A FDD TEAC nothing else I have set the BIOS Sempron, k7n2 D2 system keeps freezing and rebooting to the default settings the CPU is recognized correctly and also RAM is set to MHz which is correct The problem is that when I install Windows XP even in the text screen the system freezes or reboots Once I somehow managed to install the system and it worked just fine for a while Then it started to reboot whenever First I thought it was caused by the MSI utilities I hve installed like GoodMem atc becuase uninstalling them solved the problem for a while But now this happens regulary - even after booting to the graphical mode of the system it takes just few seconds until it reboots Therefore I was trying to reinstall the system but I m not able to do it becuase the isntalation process freezes or reboots in the text mode wile displaying quot Starting Windows XP quot The idle temperature of the CPU is allways over C and while working it s at least C How could it be with budled CPU cooler so high I bought the BOX version to be sure the cooler is fully compatible with the CPU Please if anyone has any idea - other than changing the cooler or PSU please let me know asap Thank you nbsp

A:Sempron, k7n2 D2 system keeps freezing and rebooting

Solved

the solution was simple - and I was stupid while installing the heatsink - I set it wrong way round the CPU so that the heat-leading paste couldn't reach the CPU core.

thank you for reading my post anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-k7n2-d2-system-keeps-freezing-and-rebooting.19065/