Windows Support Forum

Black screen on startup, showing cursor, doesn't go to log in screen.

Q: Black screen on startup, showing cursor, doesn't go to log in screen.

I'm using I have a DELL4500S desktop, on startup it will not go to the login screen, the screen is just black with the cursor showing. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging everything and restarting it. Nothing is working. When it first starts a pop up shows and says

"This Application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I'm not sure what it's talking about and what to re install and I can't reinstall whatever it is because I can't get to the start menu.

Help? I don't know what to do :[

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black screen on startup, showing cursor, doesn't go to log in screen.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black screen on startup, showing cursor, doesn't go to log in screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by alexsmom2009

I'm using I have a DELL4500S desktop, on startup it will not go to the login screen, the screen is just black with the cursor showing. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging everything and restarting it. Nothing is working. When it first starts a pop up shows and says

"This Application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I'm not sure what it's talking about and what to re install and I can't reinstall whatever it is because I can't get to the start menu.

Help? I don't know what to do :[

SAMLIB.dll is a security account manager dynamic linked lib. A repair install from the dvd should fix the problem unless you are infected with malware, or have a modified system

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201116-black-screen-startup-showing-cursor-doesnt-go-log-screen.html
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I was downloading a game . After the download finished a clicked on play to well.... Start playing and something wierd happened. My screen went blue (screen colour when nothing in being recieved) At first I thought it was the in game resolution so I tried pressing alt and enter to change the view from full screen to windowed. I also tried pressing alt and f4 to try and close the game but still nothing was showing. So I hard reseted my pc. The msi logo boot up shows normally but after the logo the screen stops showing anything. I tried changing hdmi ports and the first time this happened it fixed the problem. But because I'm stupid I tried booting up the game again and the same thing happened but changing ports didn't work this time. I tried everything but nothing has worked. If anyone could help it would be very appreciated. Also I can't boot into safe mode because I'm using win8.1 and also an ssd.

My specs: msi mobo
Gpu: gtx 760 2gb
8gb ram
SSD
Normal HDDHDD
600W power supply

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-showing-output.215936/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi every one
I need your help gays
I saved some files in my USB but when I explore my USB the files are not appear
it shows that usb is empty
I do not know what to do
thanks

A:USB drive doesn't show my files

Have you tried the same USB on a different pc? If not, do so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-doesnt-show-my-files.187106/
Relevancy 24.51%

Today, my external hard drive has not appeared on my PC. It did work before I went to sleep yet when I began my PC in the next morning, it didn't show. Can you please help me how to fix this?

A:External hard drive not showing up on my PC

Hello there,

There are a lot of different reasons for an HDD to stop showing. A few things you can try are:

Try using a different USB cable, make sure it is as short as the original one, or even shorter. This is important it terms of providing enough power for the drive to function properly.

Try connecting it to different USB ports.

Try connecting it to a different PC.

Sometimes the drive can misbehave due to insufficient power even if it appears to be spinning make sure you connect the HDD directly to the USB port and not through a USB hub.

Check if you can see the HDD in Windows Device Manager and in Disk Management. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-on-my-pc.209548/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Gateway NE56R34u Laptop, I tried to check the drivers in device manager and it seems that everything has been installed properly or no missing drivers found but when I tried to check some of my hardware in DXDIAG showing N/A for (operating system, processor video etc.) I also tried to update it or uninstall the driver but still the same help me out please thank you

A:Have drivers but showing in DXDIAG N/A

I also uploaded some information so atleast it will be easier for some to determine my issue thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-drivers-but-showing-in-dxdiag-n-a.215501/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have an Dell Inspiron N5010. My wireless mouse and touch pad bar lock up on me. I cannot move my cursor/pointer only when I sign into my computer. Otherwise it's no hope. I tried everything I could possible do. Even the key to the right of F12 key. No luck. I can only tab or move the arrows L, R, U, D. That it. It will not allow me to change my setting in the mouse to enable it. Can someone help.

A:Enabling Cursor

Have you tried a USB Wired mouse to test if that works? If you do not own one, maybe you could borrow one for a short time to test your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enabling-cursor.213802/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 9400.

For a few years now the left half of the screen is really dark, with the other side normal brightness and a noticeable divide between the two. This only happens when the power supply is plugged in, the screen is fine when running off the battery.

I remember at the time doing a quick search and reading that it was likely to be a faulty battery, so that was replaced but didn't make a difference. Very few searches come back with an exact match of my situation, but keep seeing to detach the LCD cables and make sure they're in good condition yet haven't seen any success stories.

Does anyone know the problem?

Oli

A:Dell Inspiron half of the screen is dark

Does attaching an external monitor show the same problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-half-of-the-screen-is-dark.187509/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all,

My friend's USB flash memory has data (its drive shows that there is data in it) but when I double click on it to open it and see the contents, it doesn't show any folders and files! I did the following works:

1- I scanned it by my updated kaspersky AV. but no threat found
2- Scanned by windows defender tool. same result!
3- scanned by malwarebytes anti-malware. same.
4- cmd (run as administrator) -> go to its drive (e.g., H:, when H is my flash drive) and typing the attarib -s -h *.* /s /d command. It could not to show the data.

All my attempts faced failure till now.

Can anyone help me please?

A:USB flash memory has data but doesn't show the contents

Salam
Go to cmd (run as administrator) -> go to its drive (e.g. H: where H is my flash drive) and type the attrib -s -h *.* /s /d
Now flash will show the data.
Your attrib spelling was wrong correct them
Try it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-memory-has-data-but-doesnt-show-the-contents.193421/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I own a custom laptop on an MSI 16F2 platform. Few weeks ago my GTX 670M card died.

Out of better options, I bought an used GTX 660M from an acquaintance.

I had it installed, started Windows and everything looked OK. Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and after reboot, right after the loading screen, I got a black screen (with the screen still lit).

I went into Safe mode and uninstalled the driver. Then installed again and got the same result. Went into Bios, change settings, tried resetting CMOS, nothing worked. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate again, then Windows 8, same thing. I also tried the driver modding instructions on this forum, still nothing.

I have no clue what is wrong. If you have any idea, please help me with this.

Thank you,

Fox

A:GTX 660M black screen after installing driver

I have connected the laptop to an external monitor and it works with the Nvidia driver installed. The laptop screen works just fine without the drivers. I would really appreciate any form of help. Is it maybe the BIOS?

Thx,
Fox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660m-black-screen-after-installing-driver.211105/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 30.53%

My newest task is centered around an HP Pavilion 15-p033ca laptop with a broken screen. Replacing the screen is actually super simple but my issue lies elsewhere.

Normally I would hook the laptop up to a monitor via VGA cable. This newer laptop only has an HDMI hook-up, so I hooked it up to my TV with that cable. The HP logo upon start up is semi-visible as the picture is distorted. So, before I spend money and order the screen my question is...

Does an HDMI relay the Broken screens picture to the TV and that's why is messed up? or should the TV picture still be clear? Like when a broken screen laptop is hooked to an external monitor with a VGA and the external monitor works fine.

I'm worried there may be an internal GPU or Mobo issue aside from the screen being broke.... Finally is there a better way I can test this instead?

Thanks for any info or Ideas in advance!

Relevancy 31.39%

I am having an intermittent issue with my screen not waking up. It goes to sleep after 10 minutes normally but just occasionally it doesn't come back on. usually I have to reboot the pc. I tried a different monitor which worked fine, when I reconnected my normal monitor it also worked fine. The monitor power light flashes to indicate its in sleep mode but doesn't want to wake despite moving mouse or pressing keyboard. The graphics card is only a couple of months old and the screen is over 5 years old.
This problem only happens maybe once a month, the rest of the time it works as normal. Any suggestions gratefully received.

A:Intermittent blank screen

First, are you doing anything specific when this occurs, I.e. a particular game, video rendering, etc.? Second, is there dust build-up in your system? Check especially your video card fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-blank-screen.209381/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, am prepared to be labelled "thick as mince" however I wonder if anyone can advise how to proceed with the following: Replaced cracked laptop screen on a TM99, on first start up after replacement, the screen worked.....woohoo!, however.....on next startup, there was nothing, no lights, no start up screen...nada. Replaced new with original screen, which although cracked had worked, and it too now failed. Any ideas? The cable for the screen was seated properly and securely, nothing else was moved so am struggling to establish a reason for this non conformance. Could it possibly be a jammed "lid closed" switch? If this is potentially the culprit, anyone know whereabouts it is? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-tm99-laptop-failed-screen-replacement.208913/
Relevancy 22.79%

I built my desktop in Sept These are the specs Motherboard Intel BOXDH CLB LGA Intel H HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel recognized doesn't HDD get Motherboard Power Supply RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply New HDD doesn't get recognized Version with Build-in LED Fan On Off Switch Graphics Card GIGABYTE GV-N - HDD doesn't get recognized GI GeForce GT Fermi GB -Bit DDR PCI Express x HDD doesn't get recognized HDCP Ready Video Card CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge Quad-Core GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I Last night Feb th I was peacefully watching tv on it I shut it down before I slept Next morning I wake up and turn it on And my baby doesn t turn on She won t respond to my fingers Fans aren t spinning like nothing So what did I do -I opened her up I saw the green light on the mobo was on This gave me a hint that PSU is Okay -Checked if everything was connected even though I haven t moved the computer anywhere lately so I don t imagine anything to get loose Seemed all good -Then I wanted to test the PSU I unplugged the PSU from Mobo the pin connector Only top fan was connected to the PSU Then I carefully performed the paper clip test The top fan ran Woo This makes me thing that PSU is still okay -So I connected it to the rear fan component on the mobo I did not connect the pin connector So at this point I still have the paper clip in the PSU plug I did the test again Only the top fan ran Rear fan did not run Top fan is directly connected to the PSU Rear fan is connected through the mobo -Now I am not sure if the rear fan is supposed to run if the connector aren t connected If the rear fan should run regardless if the pin connected as long as PSU is directly supplying to the rear fan component on the mobo then I would say that my mobo is bad If I need the pin connector to run the rear fan along with the direct connection from the PSU to the component then I would say my PSU is not giving enough power -So I went on got a PSU from best buy with same watts to see if it turns on It did Therefore my old PSU wasn t producing enough energy However now my HDD is not being recognized The BIOS says no Hard Disk recognized All my SATA cable is connected to my PSU I feel my SATA cable that connects HDD to mobo is bad -I connected PSU directly to HDD and still not luck I did this to find out if the connector that comes out of HDD had problems which I think it doesn t Less probable -This is why I think my SATA cable from HDD to mobo is bad as it s not giving good connection I hope my HDD didnt go bad I am trying to see if I can find anyone to check if my HDD will work on their desky -Any Suggestions nbsp

A:HDD doesn't get recognized

A SATA cables are cheap, go get one and try that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-doesnt-get-recognized.208757/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am getting White Horizontal line on top of the screen.
I plugged out signal cable, those white horizontal line is gone. but I plug in switch cable, horizontal line appearing on top of the screen, so what's causing this?

A:White Horizontal line on top of the screen

Could u give some specs what monitor and video card, what operating system? what computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-horizontal-line-on-top-of-the-screen.208508/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro C660 with a blank screen. The laptop starts up and goes through its boot cycle fine, but nothing is displayed on the screen.

I've read through tons of forums, but nothing seems to work.

I did the whole removal of battery, power supply and holding the power button for 60 secs... still blank...

When plugging in an external monitor it works perfectly fine, so this eliminates any issues with the CPU / GPU / RAM / HDD, etc.

I re-installed windows 7, which would hopefully eliminate any software issues.

Next logical step was to check the LCD backlight, inverter and ribbon cable... So I replaced the screen, but still blank screen. Just as a side note, the backlight lights up with both old and new display, but no picture.

This leaves me to think that it might be something in the BIOS?

Any suggestions / ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-black-screen-problem.208461/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi there! I'm using HP presario c700 . During few days I'm going to see display is not working properly. I mean I can't see anything without sound, It's display is going to show a black shadow with some scratchs.

Please anyone say something, what should I do?

A:Laptop Screen Problem

Hi there, have you tried hooking up to an external monitor? This will help you determine if it's a problem with the screen or logic board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-problem.208402/
Relevancy 32.25%

After 3 days of not using my pc(due to broken psu) after I replace with a new psu my screen is so dim tried everything from replacing wires,adjusting brightness,replacing hardwares to replacing monitors but the problem still persists I dunno what the problem is can someone help me. thanks in advance

A:Screen too dim

Information needed: Make and Model of computer / motherboard / video card / monitor / etc.
Cannot help if no information is available about what you are using. What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-too-dim.208130/
Relevancy 30.96%

Have an unusual mark on screen at startup then green lines and pink but otherwise pc ok cannot upload jpeg image for some reason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-issue-dell-1520.208131/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Packard Bell Easynote TE69KB laptop and the screen is either black or very dark, sometimes at the right angle you can just see the graphics, This started after the 18mth old son hit the top of the screen yesterday. I have tried adjusting brightness without change, with an external monitor plugged in it works fine, which is OK if I'm working at home but no good when I'm out. I am thinking I'm going to have to change he screen or can you make any other suggestions?

A:Very dark or black laptop screen

Your son has probably damaged or loosened the screen inverter. That is what lights up the screen and is a separate part. It can be found under the screen bezel. I don't think that this will cost much to fix. If you DIY read up about the job first because removing the bezel (frame) needs to be done carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-dark-or-black-laptop-screen.208064/
Relevancy 19.78%

I remember some time ago I found a option which made my computer connect itself to the internet but now I cant find it.Help?

A:Have to manually connect to the internet on startup

Make and Model of computer? What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-manually-connect-to-the-internet-on-startup.207918/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello everyone I m having a problem that I cannot understand at all with my old Acer AL W monitor As I turn on the screen it shows whatever it is recieving for about one second then goes black but still getting the goes black Monitor signal The only thing that makes it show anything again is to turn it of then on again and the same thing happens It shows what it s recieving for a second and goes back to Monitor goes black black It has not shown any messages of not recieving a signal but the screen stays black I can t even use the monitors own menu since that is blacked out too I don t wan t to replace it Monitor goes black though that s what I think must be done in the end so I had to post it here for all of you who know much more than I do Here s what I ve tried so far with no luck the same problem in every scenario changed port on GFX Changed cable Tried connecting it to another GFX the onboard port and another PC Tried disconnecting power to monitor and holding the power button before retry Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Monitor goes black

Looks like u need a new monitor, I say it is worn out. do not get me wrong some can last for 10 to 20 years and others will fail in a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black.208011/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have done everything I can think of. I have windows 7 64 bit. I have disabled/re-enabled sound cards, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers. I have checked all settings I possibly can think of. My head phones work GREAT and on startup I can hear the sound, but once in windows, no sounds through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-hear-windows-startup-but-after-that-nothing-headphones-work-though.207890/
Relevancy 21.07%

Now I got a new problem on my dell Latitude E6410, I install windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and instal all upadates, its works fine, but when I plug in or plug out charger pin there is appear total black screen for a moment, I tried power settings and so many things about graphics but fail, if anyone have a solution then tell me, I'll be glad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6410-black-secreen-on-charging.207887/
Relevancy 52.03%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 22.79%

Over multiple devices on the network wifi works including this laptop I m running on However any time I try to use ethernet including on this laptop there is no internet connection The error when troubleshooting is Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't Dns server not responding While on ethernet connection Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't I can access the networked printer but cannot access the default gateway so connection is going from room to the modem and through I have tried restarting the wifi lan modem which then connects to another router down stairs which I haven t restarted my dad won t let me I have tried flushing dns uninstalling and re installing the adapter starting in safe mode with networking This is my ipconfig all while on wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e fbb a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e fbb a Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here it is on Ethernet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help you could give would be mu... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-works-ethernet-doesnt.207715/
Relevancy 30.96%

I just purchased screen quot DELL U H quot and a new computer The happy unboxing time turned to a nightmare when the noob I am could not connect the screen to the computer like the guy is doing in the youtube video Thanls Screen Info http accessories us dell com sna productdetail aspx c us amp cs amp l en amp sku -BBCG What I am trying to do This guy is connecting his screens to each other than to the PC but I am unable to achieve it 3 station configure screen my working Can't My Computer Spec Asus ROG G Desktop PC i Can't configure my 3 screen working station GB TB NVIDIA GTX - CPU Intel Core i - M Cache up to GHz - VGA NVIDIA GTX GD - OS Windows - Memory G DDR MHz - Storage TB SATA G ASUS Can't configure my 3 screen working station westorage years - ODD Blu-Ray X Combo - LAN Mbps - Audio -channel Audio SonicMaster - Card readerN A - Front I O - USB x - Mic Port x - Earphone port x - back I O x RJ LAN x HDMI-Out - x channel Audio - x USB x USB - x Power jack - power supply WAdapter - certificates BSMI CB CE FCC UL CCC Energy Star VCCI Graphic Card Spec http www asus com Graphics Cards GTX PHOC GD specifications nbsp

A:Can't configure my 3 screen working station

As far as I can tell, Nvidia doesn't support Surround (three monitors) via daisy-chaining (the card in the video was AMD Radeon). You might be able to get two monitors to work like that - some sort of DisplayPort MST support was added a while ago because of tiled 4k displays - but to get them all working they need to be plugged to the card directly.

As GTX750 doesn't have proper connectors, you might need to change your graphics card to something that has three DP outputs or 2xDP + HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-configure-my-3-screen-working-station.206802/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 53.32%

I run two displays. When I got up this morning, one of them is on but black. When trying to adjust my display settings, it comes on briefly (maybe 3 seconds) and goes right back off again.

System specs are as follows:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 255 45 C
Regor 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
eMachines EL1352 (CPU 1) 49 C
Graphics
VE205 ([email protected])
VE205 ([email protected])
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKS-22V1A SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 48 C
Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
USB Audio Device

Using Sabrent USB-DH88 USB Display Adapter also

I have checked all drivers and windows shows they are up to date. Both displays were fine as of about 1 AM this morning, and to my knowledge no updates or downloads were done during this time.

Any help would be appreciated; I work from home and having dual monitors is almost critical.

A:2nd display black screen

Try changing cables first, by some chance the cable has gone bad.

Sounds like it could be a lighting issue within the monitor. If it is a backlight issue, the monitor will still be displaying an image. You will not be able to see the image without some kind of lighting. If you can use a flashlight to expose the image, you would at least know it is a backlighting issue. I've been able to use this technique on phones as well as monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2nd-display-black-screen.207214/
Relevancy 30.96%

So recently my laptop computer s screen has been exhibiting very odd behavior At random times and puslates out Laptop spazzes screen at random intervals the screen will suddenly begin to pulsate and Laptop screen spazzes out and puslates quot spazz out quot if you will The spazzing is a burst of bright pulsating pixels that either partially or completely obscure the picture on the screen When this first started happening they never lasted for more than a fraction of a second but they are becoming much longer There seems to be nothing that I do in particular that causes this It doesn t necessarily happen when I for example play a game with intense graphics Nor does it necessarily happen when my computer is hot I have a core thermometer installed to prove this It doesn t seem to specifically be caused when I move the computer around Recently the quot attacks quot have been getting more frequent and more violent but I m just not sure what causes it An attempted screenshot of the issue returned a normal-looking screen so I don t think it s a virus Here s a YouTube link to a video I caught of it The pulsating starts at Sorry about Brand New in the background Computer Model ASUS Notebook K E Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Installed Memory RAM GB GB usable System type -bit Operating System Thanks for your help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-spazzes-out-and-puslates.206769/
Relevancy 24.08%

My 320 GB Seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in my computer. What should I do?

In cmd> diskpart> list volume it does not show up. (screenshot attached)

In Device Manager it gets detected. (screenshot attached)

In disk management it shows up as 'unallocated'. If I initialize it, will I lose all data on the drive? It had 4 partitions. (screenshot attached)

In My Computer also it does not show up. (screenshot attached)
Even BIOS recognizes it.

What to do? I don't want to lose any data on the drive. If I initialize it in device manager will I lose data?

I was installing window XP on my computer, usually I remove the external drive but this time I did not. The external drive was shown as 4 drives in partition manager during installation. But the installation failed. The next time I was installing windows again, the external drive was shown as 1 single unknown or unrecognized drive. I'm not sure if it was unknown or unrecognized. I'm sure I didn't format it. So what I need to do now? I don't want to lose any data.

A:Seagate external hard drive not showing up in my computer. It is detected.

Yes, if you initialize it you will 'lose' everything. You will want to try something like [email protected] Recovery or maybe Easeus Partition Recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-it-is-detected.205926/
Relevancy 21.07%

So I recently purchased a gtx 780 SC with the intention of gaming and doing 3d modeling work and game development with maya/blender/unreal engine 4. Originally, I was thinking of starting with the 780 and maybe a little later get the mid range quadro k4000 to use specifically for the 3d modeling work. I was wondering if just purchasing a GTX titan black with its double precision floating point performance would be a better option? Doing this would be around 100-150 cheaper and I would be able to game and do 3d modeling work with one card. I guess my main question is does the titan black compare with the quadro card mentioned above in terms of 3d modeling? I know the K4000 is a mid-ranged card so I wasn't sure if the titan maybe would do even a little better than the k4000? Any help appreciated.

A:Titan black or GTX 780 + Quadro K4000 for 3d modeling/gaming

boagz said:

So I recently purchased a gtx 780 SC with the intention of gaming and doing 3d modeling work and game development with maya/blender/unreal engine 4. Originally, I was thinking of starting with the 780 and maybe a little later get the mid range quadro k4000 to use specifically for the 3d modeling work. I was wondering if just purchasing a GTX titan black with its double precision floating point performance would be a better option? Doing this would be around 100-150 cheaper and I would be able to game and do 3d modeling work with one card. I guess my main question is does the titan black compare with the quadro card mentioned above in terms of 3d modeling? I know the K4000 is a mid-ranged card so I wasn't sure if the titan maybe would do even a little better than the k4000? Any help appreciated.Click to expand...

As far as 3D modeling goes, the biggest thing you will need is ram on the card for the blender and 3D modeling aspect. Some programs are specifically limited to the Quaddro series of cards which means you will have to check if the programs you use will work with any GPU.

Basically, I would say either just get a 780ti 6gb edition (Being released this month I believe) if your programs will all work fine on the GTX series of cards. Or if that won't work, you should be fine with the 780 and grabbing a Quaddro series card to go with it. I would say only get Titan black if you really need the extra compute performance it brings because otherwise its expensive and still would end up being better in my book just getting an K4000 with your 780 since you already own the 780.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/titan-black-or-gtx-780-quadro-k4000-for-3d-modeling-gaming.201518/
Relevancy 30.96%

My laptop goes into sleep mode even on slightest jerk applied on screen to rotate it,what possibly could be wrong, and on repairing how much could it cost

A:Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

Sounds like a fault somewhere in the wiring (or a "switch" that is located inside the hinges for the laptop screen. Not 100% sure but without knowing make and model of your laptop, it is my best guess.
What you can do is the following:

Select "Power Options" in the "Control Panel" list.

Click the plus sign next to "Power buttons and lid" to expand its sub-list.
Click the plus sign next to "Lid close action" to expand its sub-list.
Click the word "Sleep" to open a drop-down menu next to the power plan you wish to adjust (e.g. Plugged In). Select "Do Nothing" from the drop-down menu.
Click "OK" to save your settings and exit the window.
This should disable the sleep option, then you wont have to worry about it until you can get it fixed properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-going-into-sleep-on-bending-the-screen.206467/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have 2 new external hard discs do show on my computer .They are running but not showing in PC.What to do ? Thank you

A:External hard drives not showing up

Hello,

I'm not completely certain that I understood your situation. I wonder if it's possible to clarify the question? Otherwise Disk Management is a good place to start looking for a missing HDD.
If the HDD is brand new you might need to initialize it. This is needed if below the disk it says ?Not Initialized?. Right-click on the Disk that says ?Not Initialized? and click ?Initialize Disk?. Then you will have the option to choose between MBR and GPT. If the drive is more than 2 TB you should use GPT, if not you could use MBR as well. Once the Disk is listed as Basic and online right click the unallocated space and click create a ?New Simple Volume?. For the file system choose ?NTFS? if you want to use the HDD on Windows.

Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drives-not-showing-up.205942/
Relevancy 52.46%

Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use.
Here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 25 C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845) (SOCKET 0) 30 C
Graphics
L204WT ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB (SSD) 28 C
119GB SanDisk SDSSDHP128G (SSD) 28 C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA) 28 C
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 30 C
Optical Drives
CZYJMF MJW5MF4 SCSI CdRom Device
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-221L
Audio
Sound Blaster Z

I had an EVGA 780TI working great. My 980 arrived so I swapped. All I got was a black screen. After taking the card out and putting it back in a few times nothing changed. Giving up I put my 780ti back in and now that just gives me a black screen too.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Edit: My mobo gives the code A0 which is normal so I don't think it detected anything was wrong.

A:Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use

If your not getting an error code its probably booting up normally. It maybe defaulting to the integrated card for some reason so I would try plugging onto the on board video when booting to see what happens.

If that is the case you will just have to go into the bios and change your default video card to the PCIE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-980-now-all-i-get-is-a-black-screen-no-matter-what-gpu-i-use.205925/
Relevancy 31.39%

A few days ago my laptop started doing something weird - I would watch a video on YouTube or browsing the internet when my screen would glitch out and then I am not able to do anything. Most of the times the laptop will keep on running but the screen is frozen. Yesterday I even got blue screen after that happening.

Those are the specifications. I am using Windows 7 Proffesional. My GPU is Nvidia Geforce 525M 2GB + The the graphics card that comes with the processor

A:Laptop screen glitches

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-glitches.205605/
Relevancy 21.5%

This build will be for my 77 year old mother who lives in another state and I am trying to build this as stable and problem free preventative mode as best as I can with the understanding that any hardware can fail at any time.

Anyway, NewEgg is having both their Blue and Black WD 1TB hard drives on sale that goes off of sale after tomorrow. I know Black is often the choice due to build quality and 5 year warranty. However, the Blue would really help budget wise because every dollar counts and it sees many people have had good success with the Blue.

She does MS Office, email, surfing plus she has an online business that keeps her very busy along with uploading a lot of photos.

Thanks.

A:New Build: Western Digital Blue or Black?

Blue. Because of her work tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-western-digital-blue-or-black.204928/
Relevancy 22.36%

What the title says. I bought a TP-Link WDR4300 and installed it, and everything works perfectly on every device except for my laptop (Windows 8.1 Lenovo G480, running Windows Defender as AV). When connecting wirelessly, I get access to the router, but it shows "limited", and it doesn't even let me get into the setup page (192.168.0.1) and when I ping it, every packet is lost. Ethernet, meanwhile, works perfectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I'd like to attach the ipconfig outputs but my command prompt is in spanish and some of the characters are missing in the .txt file, too. I don't know how to get the file in english.

@jobeard I saw one thread you solved in which you said to mention you so you could help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks beforehand for any and all suggestions.

A:WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Hi, You will always have to use the ethernet (Cat 5) cable to get into your router's software, at 192.168.0.1, all routers are set up like that for security reasons.
It's done that way so that no one can change your settings, passwords etc using a wireless connection, you must use the Cat 5 cable to make setup & security changes.
Did you get any setup software with the TP Link router?
If you get good internet access using Windows 8.1 using the ethernet cable, it
might point to possible wireless driver issues.
It might be worth downloading the latest driver for your WDR4300 from the TP-link website;
http://www.tp-link.es/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does.205530/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so I got this computer it works great! until I try to game the only game that works is Fable TLC (it works for all games) all other games the monitor goes black for a few seconds so I cant play any games really. how do I fix this without spends tons of money on parts? everything works fine even others have no problem see things thru remote access im the only one that's having the issues. brand new tower and monitor.

A:Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Can you give us your hardware components such as the make and model of your power supply and the watts, amount of RAM, your cpu, and video card? Is this a new system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds.204797/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone Been having some crazy stuff going on with this new PC that I just built I cannot get it to startup at first try I just get a black screen and the BIOS welcome try always doesn't first second/third at (but does try) up PC boot at doesn t show up and neither does the windows startup loading of course When I manually restart it Power Button long press it runs just fine I have read that thousands of things could be potentially causing this from Hard Drive to Power Supply to graphics card but my actual bet is on RAM voltages overclock causing it since I recently overclocked it via BIOS setting the default frequency at mhz which is what my RAM offers at maximum and the max that my Motherboard can read The actual voltage is set to auto via BIOS which stays at V so I m not sure if lowering or raising it will solve the problem XMP is disabled not sure if that s relevant My BIOS is up to date My graphics card is old I m planning to change it soon but I didn t have any problem in the past with it Hard drive is also old but runs just fine I m open for any suggestions Specs - Tacens Mars Gaming W power supply - AMD FX- Eight-Core - PC doesn't boot up at first try (but always does at second/third try) MSI Gaming Motherboard http thepcenthusiast com msi- PC doesn't boot up at first try (but always does at second/third try) -gaming-am -motherboa - XFX ATI Radeon HD GB DDR - G Skill Ripjaws X DDR PC - GB CL x modules of GB Dual channel in slots amp - Hard Drive SATA II WD EADS- M B TB - Win - bit Some screenshots CPU-Z confirms I m running at mhz MSI Command Center does not get accurate frequency readings Thanks in advance for all the help If I forgot to mention something please tell me nbsp

A:PC doesn't boot up at first try (but always does at second/third try)

Check and make sure the wire cables are connected properly and not loose. Also, can replace CMOS battery and see you may able to access your computer.

P.S. Also check that the hard drive connection is set to UEFI under BIOS connection settings. Windows 8/8.1 supports only secure booting.

Good luck though!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-boot-up-at-first-try-but-always-does-at-second-third-try.205119/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am now working on a ASUS G jh I ll describe the problem from when I first acquired the laptop The laptop started up with a blue BIOS background eventually the OS started Very lightly and blue tinted After playing around I discovered that the problem was intermittent when changing the elevation of the LCD lid I ordered NEW LCD Video Cable For Asus G G JH G JW G J G SW SERIES - Q ASA http www ebay com itm trksid p m l amp ssPageName STRK MEBIDX IT thinking this would fix the problem It did not Since then I have tried one different LCD panel and get the same results Now the problem is no longer blue It s just dark very very dark I can see that it still sends the image to the screen but it looks at if it s Asus G73jh problem screen the older LCD panels with the backlight disabled I know that this does not have a backlight or inverter though I have reinstalled Windows reinstalled the drivers reinstalled CCC still having issues maybe this is related AMD Catalyst fails to load properly The error message is quot Catalyst Control Centre Command Line Interface has stopped working quot It seems maybe there is something wrong with the graphics processor but I currently have a monitor connected through VGA and have also tested the HDMI output and both work fine I have been using and testing this system Asus G73jh screen problem with the external monitor since I have disassembled the laptop to replace the LCD LED cable I no longer have the old cable Anyone with any tips I would really like to figure this out if not for a working laptop for the curiousity of knowing what caused the problem Please help I will appreciate it very much nbsp

A:Asus G73jh screen problem

Is the display panel an LCD or LED type? Many LCD laptops can be converted to LED by using a simple flat cable adapter...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73jh-screen-problem.205184/
Relevancy 22.36%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 21.93%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Dell Latitude E6400. When I'm not using it for a while the screen goes black (like into a sleeping mode) like all computers and laptops do. But if it stays black for a little while, and when I go to get back on it and move the mouse around or press the keys the screen won't turn back on but the computer is running because the light on the keyboard are lit up and I can hear the fan running. The only way I can get the screen back on is if I shut it down by pressing the power button on my keyboard and turning it back on.

Can anyone please tell me what to do or what is wrong with it. That would be much appreciated. Thank you

Being thirteen doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latitude-e6400-screen-goes-black-after-not-using-and-wont-turn-back-on.204671/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am running Windows 8.1. After restarts, the laptop screen would be blank, yet the computer would load. If I hooked up a 2nd monitor, it would show the desktop on that screen but laptop screen blank.

Now when I try to type on that computer (I'm currently on a different computer) the typing of the keys is all off (none of the letters actually type what they are supposed to and some open up random windows and command prompts)

I am wondering if this is a virus. Currently running Malwarebytes. I did a system restore earlier and the problem wasn't solved.

A:Blank Screen error and typing issues

Could be a virus, but could also mean the motherboard is faulty. If still in warranty, RTM.

Does the laptop have a bootable CD reader? If so, then download and make a bootdisk of a small linux (e.g. puppy linux). Booting off that will virtually prove if the motherboard is faulty or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-error-and-typing-issues.204596/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, hope I've put enough specs in profile for you to help. I have a Compaq Presario 6735s I bought around 2008. CPU quite slow but graphics card not bad so made decision to upgrade. Looked up the laptop manual here to find compatible CPUs for motherboard, socket type etc. Went through 3 different (*****ic) buys before I found one that actually fitted.
Now with everything reassembled, screen will flash up once upon powering on, then nothing. All usual lights come on, even my wireless connects, makes usual start up noises, fan, dvd drive etc ....
Proceeded to take everything apart again, re-connected everything I tampered with. Even RAM, which I didn't have to remove before.
Still same reaction starting up.

Really frustrated with myself as thought this would be the right one. Could honestly cry, haha.

I read the tutorial on here called 'No POST' to no avail either. I really hope it can come back from this.
One last thing I can think of (before pulling new CPU out) is upgrading BIOS to support new CPU but with no screen I am stuck.

Can someone please give me a little direction?

A:Upgraded CPU on laptop, now screen won't work

Did you re-install the old CPU to see if the laptop booted normally again? Upgrading CPU's on laptop motherboards can be a very difficult thing to do. What is supposed to be compatible in reality is not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-cpu-on-laptop-now-screen-wont-work.204383/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a sony SD Card 16gb class 4 card. I did use the card for almost 3 months, when I tried to use it now, I am not able to access the card,

I tried recovery softwares like recova etc to recover the file, but I was not able to recover even a single byte.

I have many importants files in the CARD, PLEASE HELP ME...,.

Thanks

A:Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

I think >>this thread<< could help you out . He seems to have the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-sd-card-not-accessible-says-incorrect-function-showing-unknown-format.201611/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi Guys,

I would like to seek help regarding my laptop (Dell Inspiron 3437). I oftenly encounter a very slow start up/booting and also there are times that shutting it down takes too long also as if it is not responding, which will result to forced shutting it. I need help in this.

Thanks you very much.

A:Dell Inspiron 3437- Startup and shutdown problem

Which Windows and how much free space do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3437-startup-and-shutdown-problem.204241/
Relevancy 31.39%

A few days ago I bought some screenwipes to clean my monitor screen & iPhone screen. They worked great on my iPhone & laptop but when I did my W7 tower I felt bumps which are from un expected sneezes & would like to know if there is another way to clean that off or if I'll just have to use more than one wipe.

A:Cleaning my monitor screen

You just have to put some muscle into it! I had the same sneeze marks on my screen from over the years and a bit of elbow grease was the key.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cleaning-my-monitor-screen.204176/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello to all I m going to install Win XP properly port The ps/2 of doesn't work the motherboard on my computer I had win but had some problem with installing the HP printer on it and so I decide to install XP because that printer seems to be installed properly The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly on XP Now When I put the XP CD on the CD driver it says press a ker to boot from CD and I press the Enter key now the keyboard works after that within installation time when that I should press Enter to install XP this time the keyboard doesn t work My guess is that the ps port of the case has problem it s old and somewhat has been broad Now what is the solution in your point of The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly view please My system manufacturer is quot ECS quot and the system model is quot pl-A quot PS there are two black amp white screens which mobo shows First screen shows the amount of RAM the model of CPU the IDEs and info like these which is common for first screen But the here when I want to enter to BIOS by pressing Del key it seems that keyboard doesn t work so it doesn t go to bios The second black amp white screen shows fewer info and it says quot Press shift-F to configure and when I press these two I can to enter to an environment that seems to not be the BIOS the keyboard here WORKS It has very few options And apparently doesn t have options of manipulating the keyboard settings nbsp

A:The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly

No idea!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-ps-2-port-of-the-motherboard-doesnt-work-properly.204104/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi all,

So I managed to drop my laptop Satellite C870 - 15K to the floor. It cracked my screen (see attached) so I'm thinking of replacing the screen myself. However before I purchase the screen I wanted to make sure the laptop is still working.

When I try to connect it to my TV through HDMI to verify if the laptop is still function I get no image. I thought maybe it's in standby mode or something so I removed the battery and tried again without luck. When I start up the laptop it sounds normal but I don't hear any windows sound or anything. Any advice on how to continue?

A:Broken Toshiba LCD screen

Pull off the bottom access panel(s) and make sure the memory and hard drive are seated properly by removing them and re-installing them. It is also possible that the broken screen is shorting out the motherboards video. Try connecting the TV after you remove the LCD panel. One more thought... you have pressed the proper F key to activate the external video port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-toshiba-lcd-screen.203601/
Relevancy 24.08%

The Seagate Momentus 5400.6 hard drive I'm using is from my old laptop it has 4 disks.
After I put it in the (IT-CEO IT-700) enclosure, and connect it to my new laptop it does not show up in 'My Cumputer' and 'Disk Management', but displays in the 'device and printer' section of control pannel.
I also can't eject the hard drive, even when I'm not doing anything to it, the (IT-CEO IT-700) enclusre's blue signal light just keeps flashing for a while then goes off for a sec, then resume flashing again.
My laptop also keeps trying to install the hard drive.

I tried reinstall the hard drive's driver, but that did not solve the problem.

Please Help.

A:External Hard drive not showing up in 'My Computer', and 'Disk Management'

Have you tried using different drive enclosure other than the IT-CEO IT-700?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-and-disk-management.201875/
Relevancy 30.53%

I turn-on the power on my laptop and all I see is a cycle of Red, Green, Blue, White, & Black of color on my screen. Computer was working the night before. I do not know much about troubleshooting a computer. Can anyone please give me an advice or guide if this is something I would be able to tinker to work or bring the laptop over for service.
I have a Dell XPS1730 (5 years old) with Nvidia IUPGA5D G84. Recently, upgraded to Windows 7
I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.
Daire

A:Laptop screen flashes RGBWB color upon power-up

The internal video has died. To verify this you can attach an external monitor and see if the display is normal

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-flashes-rgbwb-color-upon-power-up.203382/
Relevancy 31.39%

Can anyone help,
I have a compaq presaio cq61

the other day the screen went dark, could just see the screen in the background, scrolled through forums and decided that it could be the inverter.
Purchased and fitted a new one screen lights up fine but now is continuously pulsating. Does anyone have an idea on this, could it be the wrong inverter? or other problems.

Your help in this would be extremely appreciated.

A:Laptop screen pulsing

The LCD panel could be bad...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-pulsing.203088/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there,

My mouse cursor freezes once every ~30s for about 1~2s. It doesn't happen all the time, but I suspect it might happen because of the usage of postgreSQL, as I've seen 2 other people with the same problem who also used it.

I have tested another mouse, the problem persists. I've tried updating mouse/USB drivers as well, nothing helped.

My trackpad, however, doesn't stop working at any time.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Mouse cursor freezing

Interesting how when you tested another mouse the issue persisted, but it works with the trackpad. Are both mice you tried (non-trackpad) wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-freezing.203256/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a Dell Latitude D that I dropped while in its carrying bag so even backlight Dell screen Latitude replacement no after it wasn t a real hard landing Now the backlight won t come on I swapped an entire screen assembly from an identical D and it still won t turn the backlight on I swapped the screens again and the borrowed D still works fine and mine won Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement t work I didn t bother to test my screen in the borrowed D I can run an external CRT with mine and I can see the LCD display if I shine a light on it so I know the display is working and not cracked The laptop won t drive the CRT Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement unless it thinks the lid is down so to use the keyboard I removed the sense magnet from the lid and taped it to the place where it would be with the lid closed I ve noticed in the past that this D often stayed fully on including the display it seemed when I closed the lid and walked away for hours Note When I tested the borrowed screen I had the sense magnet removed When the magnet is taped in place simulating lid down both the backlight and the display are off I can t see the display even when a light is shined on it but when the magnet is removed simulating lid up I get the display with no backlight It seems like the display knows whether the lid is up or down but the backlight seems to act like the lid is always down Is this possible What should I look for nbsp

A:Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement

Did you replace the backlight inverter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-no-backlight-even-after-screen-replacement.198916/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello all,
My friend's Windows 7 x64 ultimate machine recognizes some USB flash drives but not some other ones. The types of all are USB2 and also all drivers are installed (device manager). I don't know what is the problem. Is there any idea please?

A:My machine doesn't recognize some USB flash drives

USB Device Not Recognized? A Quick Fix For Windows XP/7/8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-machine-doesnt-recognize-some-usb-flash-drives.202702/
Relevancy 21.5%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 53.32%

Earlier I was surfing when the monitor went black & the laptop shut down. Simple as that/ I booted it up & no problems till a few minutes ago it happened again. Both times I had two tabs open. I'm going to save what needed in case I do a factory restore.` Vista Home Premium

A:Black screen twice on my Vista

Overheating..? Download Speedfan and tell us temps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-twice-on-my-vista.202144/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone,
I've bought a Sound Blaster Recon 3D a year ago.
It works awsome ! But this morning it was off the light and cannot work while plug in any computers.
I am very bored and nervous, I think it was broken down and cannot work anymore.
Am I right ?
Please say NO and help me
Thank you very much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-blaster-wirless-doesnt-work.202270/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I just finished a new build and am having a strange issue with my monitor and am at a loss The monitor will randomly just go black power stays on pc is still running fine its done it mid game as well as just sitting idle I have disabled sleep modes The new build is a a k and a asus a x - plus mobo radeon r gamer series ram MHz WD black gig hd raidmax watt PSU Now if I hook monitor up to my old video card radeon hd I have no out goes Monitor black of ideas issues but when I plug it into the motherboards VGA I have problems Now here is whats giving me problems I have hooked my wifes monitor into my new computer her monitor works fine with the onboard vga and my monitor works fine on her pc Also if I plug my tv into onboard hdmi I have no issues I would test dvi but I don t have a converter I do have updated bios and drivers and am running windows Things I have tried so far reinstalled windows and all drivers swapped monitors tried separate gpu adjusted refresh rate tried hdmi my tv instead of monitor instead of vga so far the only issue I can come up with Monitor goes black out of ideas is maybe my monitor is just not compatible for some reason Monitor and a AOC swl btw which from what ive managed to find about it there shouldn Monitor goes black out of ideas t be any compatability issues nbsp

A:Monitor goes black out of ideas

Did you ever figure this issue out? I'm having the exact same symptoms with my beautiful Dell 27" LED screen, but unfortunately, I'm starting to believe it's the monitor, which is just over the one year warranty. The sad part is, I was having this problem for over six months now, and had switched to the VGA cable to avoid the issue when it first started happening, but finally tried to troubleshoot it now, and I'm discovering that it may be a hardware issue and if I would have done something when it started, it was still under warranty.

Anyway, the only thing I haven't ruled out yet is the DVI cable, as that is still a possibility, however it seems unlikely that a DVI cable would go bad by itself after a few months of use. And looking at the cable, I see no signs of damage or broken/bent pins.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-out-of-ideas.202016/
Relevancy 27.09%

My dell 1905fp finally crashed after a lot of years. I'm not a gamer, but I was very happy with that monitor.

Of course they no longer make it, and I understand refurbished monitors of this type are not necessarily a good option.

I can't seem to find reviews or comparisons which point the way to other similar monitors. I'm retired and just can't afford the $600 and way up price of what I've seen so far.

I just need a basic monitor with VGA and DVI, but would like the screen performance to be decent, incl for watching movies etc.

Any recommendations, and where to get a reasonable price? Again, don't want a wide screen.

Thanks much!

A:Reasonably priced 19" or 20" monitor, not wide-screen?

Nothing wrong with buying refurbs. They may have a few blemishes in the frame but nothing serious to keep them from functioning. I've bought a few myself and have had no issues with them. Although the monitors I bought were 20" widescreens that averaged $120 or less. For what you need/want, I wouldn't spend more than $150.

I know you said no widescreen, but movies do view better on widescreen.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-1905FP-Rotating-Landscape/dp/B00091R6KC - less than $100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reasonably-priced-19-or-20-monitor-not-wide-screen.201641/
Relevancy 22.36%

My laptop doesn't work with wifi when I first open it. It will show at the bottom of the screen that it is fully connected and has full bars, but when I open the internet the pages will not open. I must restart the computer and then it will work. How can I fix this?

A:Laptop doesn't work with wifi

When the WiFi is active, the laptop NIC should be disabled - - easy - - just unplug the the cable to the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-work-with-wifi.201724/
Relevancy 21.5%

Guys plz help me..ma dad wont let me game..so I cnt upgrade ma pc..I myself cn afford a pci vga..cn it run latest games?

A:Can I play Black Ops 2 on a PCI card like Nvidia 6200?

If that's your graphics card, then the rest of the system must be ancient. I'm gonna go with 'NO'.

To test: download Steam and Team Fortress 2. Turn resolution and all settings to minimum. Does the game run acceptably?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-black-ops-2-on-a-pci-card-like-nvidia-6200.201428/
Relevancy 22.36%

So my deafult gateway dosnt start with 192.168 but for my laptop it does and my brothers pc does for me it starts with 46.109.248.1 Any Help I cant portforward Help me il try anything and my Router is Technicolor

A:Deafult gateway doesn't start with 192.168

Can we assume "my laptop it does and my brothers pc does" applies to his pc connected to your router?

login as an admin, get a command prompt and issue these two commands
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deafult-gateway-doesnt-start-with-192-168.200832/
Relevancy 49.45%

Laptop Model Acer Aspire G Graphic Card Model ATI Mobility Radeon HD MB 512MB) screen 5470 with problem Black ATI (Acer Aspire Radeon 4745G HD Mobility OS Windows bits Problem Laptop starting to turn to blackscreen constantly since last week At the Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) beginning it still manage to back to normal after restart But then after few days it turn to black screen during every startup whenever it progress until window start-up animation I can even still hear the welcome sound although the screen is black I can still using the laptop through safe mode After that I google for some related solution and found that it s probably the graphic card display adapter problem So I disable the graphic card Radeon HD Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) option under display adapter and it goes Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) perfectly well But when I enable the graphic card option under display adapter in normal mode my laptop screen will turns black again back to previous problem I tried to uninstall the graphic card under display adapter and reinstall the graphic card driver download from Acer Support but the problem still appears The graphic card driver after reinstall is appears to be ATI Mobility Radeon HD series instead of previously ATI Mobility Radeon HD Is it normal or I download the wrong driver although it s from Acer Support What should I do to solve this blackscreen problem nbsp

A:Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

Try this:
1) Uninstall the all AMD software with this AMD Uninstall tool.
2) Restart your PC.
3) Download and install the latest stable driver (13.4) from here: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-problem-acer-aspire-4745g-with-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-512mb.193825/
Relevancy 24.51%

HELP!!!

I have a 500gb external hard drive which, up until a few days ago, was working absolutely fine.

When I would plug it in to my laptop the device was found under 'my computer'.but would not open. Instead when I tried to open it my computer froze and the 'not responding' message was shown, resulting in a forced close of my computer. Now when I attach the hard drive and open 'my computer' the hard drive does not show at all, but 'my computer' still shows the message 'not responding', resulting in a forced close.

I've been on to a couple of forums already and tried the route of right clicking 'my computer', 'manage' and 'disk management'; but the hard drive does not appear there.

I'm at a total loss what to do and would massively appreciate your help as I have backed up company data on to this hard drive.

Thank you in advance!

A:External hard drive not showing in My Computer

Hey pcrquals. I would try the drive in another pc to narrow down where the problem is, a problem with the drive itself, or a problem with the pc recognizing the drive, which might be a problem with the USB port(s) or with the USB drivers. Does another USB device like a flashdrive work when plugged into the same port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-showing-in-my-computer.191206/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello everyone,

I am not very tech savvy, so I apologise in advance for my uselessness..

I'm having serious issues with my Dell, every now and then the screen will fragment violently, sometimes just part of the screen, sometimes all of it, I can move the cursor and click and open things, if I can see the screen, which is not always possible..

I believe it may be a problem with my graphics card, my Dell does not have a tower, it is the monitor and tower in one device.

It's getting to the point where I cannot submit schools tasks on time because of my system, and I am just in need of serious assistance..

Thank you.

A:Screen scrambling

It more or less is the graphics chip. If this is the case you may need to take it to a local computer repair shop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-scrambling.200457/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????

A:Xerox Phaser 3117 laser black and white printer problem

chathura said:

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????Click to expand...

what can I do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xerox-phaser-3117-laser-black-and-white-printer-problem.196151/
Relevancy 58.91%

cursor goes off screen to the right and bottoom i tried the video settings with the duel monitor setting and its not that nor is it my monitor itself it happened while i was messing around with toolbars and taskbars but i tried everything and nothing helps evem n system restore dont work or adjusting my video card which is a nvida 8400 gs on my win xp sp3 dell dimension 2350, i already had my integrated video card disabled so im stumped if someone can help plz do so thanx in advanced

A:Cursor goes off screen

Most problems like this are down to having the wrong Graphic card drivers installed.
If you go to the Nvidia site, select your card from the drop down boxes.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Save the driver somewhere easy to find on your pc, (desktop)

To uninstall the current drivers, go to Control panel, system, device manager.
Click on Display adapters, right-click and choose uninstall driver.
Go back to the Desktop and run the new driver installer.
Set up the display as you want in Control panel, display.

*While you are in 'Device manager', do you have a yellow warning sign next to the 'mouse and pointing devices'?
If yes, you can right click on it and choose 'Update driver'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cursor-goes-off-screen.160081/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a prob,whit a geforce 8800 gts 512mb.

I got it from a secondhand site and all was alright till I started to overclock

Nothing big,oc at 16% and the temp was 60*C wich aint so high.But when I started the pc next day,I got only black screen,no bios no safe mod no nothing.

I have a
pentium D 805 2.66
gigabyte ga-8i945pl-g as mobo
500 mb ram drr II/ 4 slotsX 500=2gb
acopia dual fan it-25f2 -psu

I know the mobo aint dead cuz I tested with my other gpu,and it worked
Did a bios reset-still black screen
changed the ram position
tried with other monitor
dvi-vga adapter works(I tested on the other gpu)
Nothing worked

I noticed that now when I start the pc,the gpu fan speed doesn't change I mean its at 100% but when I had a image on the screen at the start up,the fan speed was at 100% only for 3 sec,then it changed lets say at 50% after those 3 sec.

should I try the bake fix or its a certain dead card?

Sry for my spelling mistakes hope u can give me an answer cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-startup-8800-gts.199989/
Relevancy 27.09%

My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
Any ideas?

A:HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g7-17-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199331/
Relevancy 24.51%

My graphic card showing error on Pc starting
When I start the computer it restarting with this error vt-x1550pci256

this error showing on top left on screen what I do Now ?

if u want more information let me know.
ps : sorry for my bad english

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-x1550-error-showing.199875/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have the same problem When turning on the laptop screen goes to white I can hear windows starting but cannot see anything I Laptop white starts and white stays screen up connected it to an external monitor which will only display once windows has loaded I then took the whole laptop apart and discovered the LCD cable was frayed due to a faulty laptop hinge I replaced the cable and it was the same just white The problem I think is with the motherboard Laptop screen starts up white and stays white and the intergrated video card Upon taking the whole thing apart I noticed that where the video card plugs in is right where the heat sink is and the cooling fan which gets exceptional hot I figure it has fried the board to the extend the monitor will not work where it is plugged in but the external monitor will work but only when windows boots So sad to say because of the the heat this laptop puts off and if you have it sitting on your lap or bed or anywhere else that it cannot cool properly it has over heated and you will have to get a new motherboard Moderator note Moved from this thread - http www techspot com community t up-white-and-stays-white post- nbsp

A:Laptop screen starts up white and stays white

"I connected it to an external monitor, which will only display once windows has loaded"... This is normal behavior because the video signal to the external monitor is not sent until Windows loads. If you can see normal video, the motherboard video chip is good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199498/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, I'm new to this site, as to any forums in general, but I was wondering if someone would help me identify what's wrong with my laptop.
It's been used for at least two good years and 've been working better or worse, I'm currently running W8, I've cleaned it many times and it isn't overheating (as far as I can tell by checking the fan.
The problem is that after an hour or so of use, it just goes to the Shutting down... screen. Sometimes it shuts down during a game, sometimes during a video or if I wait long enough it'll shut down on the desktop without any apps running.
It's really frustrating and weird, there are no errors or any indications as to why it shuts down. Happened about 20 times for the past few days. Ideas?

A:Laptop goes to shutdown screen abruptly

The laptops thermal compound has probably gone bad and hardened... This causes the motherboard to trigger its "overheating" circuit, even though it doesn't seem that hot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-goes-to-shutdown-screen-abruptly.199673/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I have Toshiba Computer my External doesn't recognize HD. satellite M The original HD that came with the laptop is Toshiba MK GSX with GB storage I bought a new HD Toshiba MQ ABD with GB storage I also upgraded my RAMs - I Computer doesn't recognize my External HD. installed Computer doesn't recognize my External HD. my new HD in my laptop and installed windows XP SP I want to use my old HD as an external HD - I plugged it into the computer via USB cable but the computer wouldn t recognize the external HD - I plugged the old HD back into the computer and formatted it and installed a fresh Win XP SP - I put my new HD back into the laptop and tried to plug the old HD as external HD to see if it would work now but the computer still doesn t recognize it - I opened Computer Management and looked under Disk Management but the external HD didn t show up there - I plugged it into different USP and waited for a minute and a new icon for the external HD in my computer pops up I double clicked it and gives an error quot Please insert a disk in drive E quot Then the icon disappears I unplugged the HD and plugged it back in but the icon would show up again I waited for an hour before I plug it back on The icon appeared for seconds and then disappeared again I know it s not a hardware problem for the following reasons - When I plug in the external HD the light in the HD case turns on Red - I can hear and feel that the HD is running - I plugged the HD back into the laptop as internal HD to check if it works and Win XP shows up so there is nothing wrong with the HD Can someone please Help me how can I use the old HD as external HD and make the icon for it shows up in my computer nbsp

A:Computer doesn't recognize my External HD.

Yeah a lot of the older HDD don't work so well with the newer USB / IDE/PATA/SATA adapter kits. I am using one here with 3.5 HDD Seagate and WD to see which ones are working and not. You can hear them spin-up but that doesn't mean they're 100% okay. In your case you should try a desktop instead of the laptop USB ports might be getting duff. Like I said try a different PC see if they can be seen. External USB just get WD Passport and then transfer any data over to it from the old one. That 100GB I am sure the life on it started to go. MTB on these HDD in the past didn't live up to as promise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-recognize-my-external-hd.199657/
Relevancy 31.39%

Acer Aspire 2000 (Cl32) runs WinXP/Pro/Sp3 and can be set to display in its native resolution of 1280 x 800 from its ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 video card. However, when it reboots, it reverts to 640 x 480, and often blames an absent or corrupt video driver. My remedy is to UNinstall the video driver from Device Manager and reboot, but I'd like to have native resolution without going through this 'readjustment' at every reboot. On the rare occasions that I can access the ATI Control Panel, Schemes in the Display tab, is empty. If I select 'Default Single Display' from the offered options, the SAVE button is greyed out. Any suggestions as to how I can get the native resolution to 'stick' ?

A:Impermanent Screen Resolution

Uninstall driver via the 'Add/Remove Programs'. Run Ccleaner and clean the temp files plus registry. Download a fresh copy of the latest drivers, install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/impermanent-screen-resolution.199565/
Relevancy 30.53%

Dell Studio i nd Gen GB Gb Gb Graphic My laptop screen suddenly shows some small color boxes and goes black but laptop still on when I restart screen shows nothing but Hard disk CPU fan are running normally than I tried this Power off the computer Press and hold the quot Screen on laptop turn wont My dell D quot key on the keyboard and then My dell laptop Screen wont turn on press the power button and My dell laptop Screen wont turn on wait for the computer to start I just heard only loud beep sound continuously but screen remain black than I tried this Unplug the power cord -- gt Remove the battery -- gt Hold the power button for seconds -- gt Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and It Worked and laptop start normally but after - minutes it happen again screen gone black it shows small color boxes and go black than I tried above method once again but this time It s not working Than I connect the laptop to the external monitor and start It shows nothing on it First sec monitor run like working mode green light then it goes to offline mode orange light It s like something is resist in laptop to startup I don t know what s happening Please help Mod note Please do not spam the boards with posts of the same problem One time in the appropriate forum is sufficient Thanks nbsp

A:My dell laptop Screen wont turn on

Sounds like the graphics processor on your laptop is on the way out, if even an external monitor didn't work.

Does BIOS work? F12/DELETE when booting up to get in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-laptop-screen-wont-turn-on.199389/
Relevancy 19.78%

My HDD sounds like it is reading for a good 3-5 minutes on startup. Programs run after a minute or so - albeit very slowly...

Does this mean its new HDD time as it is a good few years old, or do I have hidden files starting.

I have cleared out what I can find that I don't need at boot....

Any suggestions?

A:HDD reading for a long time on startup

How many autoupdate programs are running in your services AND
(for me) the Avast! A/V program induces this behavior.

I've reduced the autoupdates on my laptop, but love Avast! and have learned to just accept it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-reading-for-a-long-time-on-startup.199066/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi , since I reinstalled windows 7, am not seeing the wifi icon anymore , all I see is the ethernet icon with a red cross , even though am connected to a wifi, here is a screenshot http://prntscr.com/2fpmcu , I've tried a lot of tips ,posted in alot of forums , but none helped , I have the network icon enabled on the Notification Area Icons , but still doesnt work, I hope u'll give me a solution here , am already tired of this thing , annoying .
Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-icon-not-showing.199011/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be here is my specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC BIOS InsydeH O Version CCB F Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n a and there are no driver details either Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such nbsp

A:Dual graphics card showing up as N/a DXdiag

firz3h said:

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen. I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much. I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be.

the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n/a and there are no driver details either. Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such?

View attachment 77579

also not sure if it installed correctly as it shows up like this in device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-graphics-card-showing-up-as-n-a-dxdiag.198839/
Relevancy 22.79%

Just picked up a Logitech HD Pro C920 and love it. Looks great...but for some reason the audio is...weird.
It sound maybe a little 'muffled'...I don't really want to say 'choppy', but it's close.
System should be more than equipped to handle everything....
i7 processor
6GB Ram
Windows 7 premium 64 bit
I know I have different USBs inside...2.0 and 3.0....but I'm not positive which is which...wondering if this would make a difference?
I'm using onboard sound instead of my old (out of date) soundcard

Really love the HD recording but I have to have better sound!
Thanks for any help

A:Audio doesn't sound right

Switched to the (clearly labeled) USB 3.0 didn't notice a difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-doesnt-sound-right.198735/
Relevancy 30.96%

So this is an interesting one...
There is a yellow streak on the right hand side of my screen. It has no discernible shape, and to be honest it looks like a coffee stain. However, it is defitely internal, since I have noticed that I cannot get it out, and it is...growing. It is just a light tint, with part of it being more intense than others. And here is another catch: when the resolution changes, or the screen refreshes, or when it is booting up (basically when there is a black screen) it sometimes switches to a bluish color. This is very odd. The only solution I can think of is opening it up and making sure wires are secure (note this is a laptop).

PS: I am pretty experienced in computers, first time seeing something like this.

A:Yellow Streaks in computer screen

It may be a damaged LCD screen...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yellow-streaks-in-computer-screen.198100/
Relevancy 30.96%

Just over the weekend I got rid of my extra PS I had laying around and got a HP DV - US Laptop The guy I had got it from had Windows Ultimate on it which I was okay with But it was -bit not -bit The laptop has a dual core i M processsor clocked at ghz with gb ddr ram installed so it s perfectly capable of running bit windows So I got an installation of Ubuntu bit to put on the computer as a fail-safe incase something went wrong with the installion of bit windows Well heres the thing I installed Ubuntu but it had said a file was corrupt so I had to stop it and start over again so I went ahead and formatted the Formatted Offset Is Now DV4-2164US, HP Screen whole harddrive for two reasons the install messed up and the guy had the harddrive have sections partitions on it and I didnt want that After I tried to install it went perfectly and installed but then as it rebooted some problems occured - when it booted up the screen was black but when I changed the brightness with the keys the screen showed but it was strethed past the screen about - inches to the right It was on the left edge perfectly but went past the right edges Also at the bottom it stretches anything down some and shows whats at the very top of the screen again at the bottom - when updates installed the screen was normal again so I tried to install Windows alongside Linux but it simply wouldn t so I had to Formatted HP DV4-2164US, Now Screen Is Offset format again giving me the same offset problems as the first time I ve heard people say its a screen cord problem and that its the screen itself But iif thats true then why after updates on Linux it was fixed the first time If needed I can upload pics of the screen display I would like to have anyone help that can with this problem Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-hp-dv4-2164us-now-screen-is-offset.198479/
Relevancy 31.39%

What cause the screen resolution to be distorted?

It is not the monitor. When the monitor is connected to another system it is displaying perfectly.

A:Screen Resolution Distorted

Adjust your screen resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-resolution-distorted.198374/
Relevancy 52.46%

I bought a Sapphire HD graphics card card screen Black new with (almost) graphics about months ago Everything worked fine until one day ago when I booted up my computer everything booted up Black screen with (almost) new graphics card Fans Lights amp No system beeping But I was only getting a black screen with occasional small white flashes I tried booting with multiple displays and multiple ports nothing worked I also tried changing my bios settings also with no luck the on-board graphics work fine when the graphics card is removed from the PC My power supply is a W which is more than enough Again Everything worked fine until that day I doubt anything is damaged I handle everything in my PC with extreme care And yes all of the AMD drivers are installed I will try to reply to any questions asap I m sorry if I don t reply quickly I have a very busy schedule Any help on this issue would be VERY much appreciated Some PC Specs listed Black screen with (almost) new graphics card below Lenovo idea centre K Watt new power supply Intel th Generation Core i gb system RAM Not shure about the motherboard type nbsp Black screen with (almost) new graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-almost-new-graphics-card.198269/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys I ve spent today building a pc for myself However on pressing the on button there s no reaction at all My machine specs are M B - Gigabyte GA- A-UD Processor - AMD RAM - Corsair Gb DDR Case - Zalman Z Graphics card - Gigabyte HD PSU - Corsair CX M W Wi-fi card also installed but can t remember the name and seem to have temporarily lost the box in a pile of packaging So far I ve checked the CPU and motherboard power sockets the wall plug sockets and the power cord to my PSU I ve also checked the connections between my case and the motherboard and these all appear to be correct on power build PC doesn't As part of this final point I switched the power on LED with the power button they both originate from the same location so thought they may be mixed up Anyhows I got a solid LED which suggests to me that a there s power running through the switch circuit and b the pc isn t booting when told to as a PC build doesn't power on solid LED would indicate PC build doesn't power on circuit completion which would be the equivalent of holding in the on button If anybody could shed any light on where to go next I d be eternally grateful currently searching the house for a paperclip to test the PSU nbsp

A:PC build doesn't power on

Does the CPU and case fans move at all, when pressing the power button?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-doesnt-power-on.198098/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey,,how are the things,,I have a problem,my dvdrom doesn't read any empty disks.I tried some disks that has things on it..all of them worked.only the empty disk doesn't work.I bought another disk and it still not read,,what to do ? :/

A:DVD-Rom Doesn't Read Empty Disks

Question: Do you have a DVD Rom or a DVD burner? If you have a DVD burner then it should be able to read the blank disks so that you can add files to it. But if you insert a blank disk into a DVD Rom drive (that does not have burning capabilities) then it might not read the disk because it contains no information to read.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rom-doesnt-read-empty-disks.198089/
Relevancy 21.93%

I wanted to get more RAM for my older PC (CPU Q8400 on Asus P5P43TD PRO). The motherboards' specs say it works with 1600Mhz RAM so I bought 8GB of Kingston HyperX Blu (Kit 2x4GB), code KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX.

I already have the latest version of BIOS but it doesn't POST for the life of me (fans are working, black screen, no beeps). I tried inserting only one stick (tried all 4 slots). I tried both sticks in slots 1 and 3, both sticks in slots 2 and 4, still no luck.

When I put back my old RAM (2x2048 Kingston Value RAM) it works just fine. Everything in BIOS is set to AUTO. I tried increasing the RAM voltage to 1.65v as specified on the new sticks without success.

I'm sure the memory is fine but I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

A:Asus P5P43TD PRO doesn't POST with new HyperX 1600 RAM

You may need a BIOS update. CPU and Memory compatibility updates are common BIOS updates. Before you give up on the RAM modules, try updating your BIOS.

ASUS Support For P5P43TD PRO

Caution though, follow the instruction carefully. The updating can not be interrupted once started. It only takes a few minutes to complete, but any interruption can brick the motherboard if it is not equipped with a backup BIOS.

I just recently bought a motherboard I thought was completely dead (same symptoms as your board, no post). I never suspected the motherboard wouldn't recognize my i7 CPU. The tech guy had me use an i3 to flash the BIOS. Low and behold the BIOS update worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5p43td-pro-doesnt-post-with-new-hyperx-1600-ram.197939/
Relevancy 31.39%

Laptop, Tosh R945,Win 7 Home Premium

The computer changes the "on battery" brightness to full periodically. I cannot figure out the common theme to this....

I set it to 70% to save battery

sometime later it is 100% again

nobody uses the computer except me
I am not changing it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-screen-brightness.197917/