Windows Support Forum

Computer randomly crashing (ntoskrnl.exe, atikmdag.sys, dxgmms1.sys)

Q: Computer randomly crashing (ntoskrnl.exe, atikmdag.sys, dxgmms1.sys)

Hello.

I am getting really tired of my computer crashing constantly. The main concerns are: ntoskrnl.exe, atikmdag.sys and dxgmms1.sys. I have fresh installed four times, updated all of my drivers and DirectX, too. Nothing helped.

I have send my PC back to it's manufacturer 2 times, and they said it was fine. I have also run Windows Memory Diagnostics without any errors.

It happens randomly, even though what I am doing on my computer (work, games, surfing the interwebs etc.)

System specifications
AMD Phenom X6 II 1090T
AMD Radeon HD 6970
8GB DDR3 RAM (I don't know the frequency)
Windows 7 64-bit

What should I do?

Dumps attached,
Oliver.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer randomly crashing (ntoskrnl.exe, atikmdag.sys, dxgmms1.sys)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer randomly crashing (ntoskrnl.exe, atikmdag.sys, dxgmms1.sys)

Hi.

Remove avast from your system.
Download,install and use Microsoft Security Essentials with windows firewall enable.
Download and install the new version of Driver Sweeper.
Download the most recent software\driver for your ati AMD Graphics Drivers & Software.

Uninstall ati software\driver,restart in safe mode,run driver sweeper,choose only AMD-Display and clean,restart in normal mode.
Install the new ati software\driver,restart.

Update DirectX.
Read carefully the instructions and run NVIDIA/AMD Video Card - Test with OCCT post here the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202576-computer-randomly-crashing-ntoskrnl-exe-atikmdag-sys-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a 6 months old computer and I've been getting BSODs for a few weeks now but it started recently freezing so I'm having to type this from safe mode. I tried fixing the atikmdag.sys BSOD but with no results.

A:BSOD randomly, started freezing, ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys

Your AMD display driver is causing issues.

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+27837 )
It's not really outdated but you could try updating it to a newer version, not the latest version though.

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`0f425000 fffff880`10115000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Dec 06 21:19:43 2013 (52A23F6F)
CheckSum: 00CA856E
ImageSize: 00CF0000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
These instructions are useful if you are using a desktop, not a laptop.

How-To Install AMD Catalyst? Drivers For A Windows? Based System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332959-bsod-randomly-started-freezing-ntoskrnl-exe-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey folks, my system has started getting the BSOD lately. Only happens when Im playing a game or watching a DVD, and seems to occur randomly, sometimes after 5 mins sometimes after a few hours.

The BSOD always states one of the three files in the post title (atikmdag.sys, atimpag.sys, dxgmms1.sys.) I have tried updating the graphics driver by removing the old driver with driver sweeper and updating to the latest version, and have also checked that my DirectX Is up to date.

My system isnt overclocked and my graphics card is sitting at around 40 DegC according to Catalyst Control Center so I dont think its overheating.

I have attached the files stated in the BSOD posting tutorial (minidumps + Performance Moniter Report) I'm about to run memtest and driver verifier and will post back with the results.

Cheers,
Bazz891

A:BSOD - atikmdag.sys, atimpag.sys, dxgmms1.sys.

Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the latest drivers for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the latest driver for the display cards once Windows starts

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Download the latest drivers for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the latest driver for the display cards once Windows starts

The crash you are experiencing is also known to be caused by ZoneAlarm. Please remove the software, at least to test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214029-bsod-atikmdag-sys-atimpag-sys-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 75.68%

So since i've completely rebuilt my computer i've had this BSoD problem specifically in BF since i've tested by hardware in other / dxgmms1.sys atikmpag.sys in random // atikmdag // BF3/sometimes BSoD games which yielded no crashes My Specs are CPU AMD Phenom II X T BE Thuban MOBO Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD CPU COOLER Stock Fan RAM Kingston HyperX DDR BSoD in BF3/sometimes random / dxgmms1.sys // atikmpag.sys // atikmdag mhz gig GPU Asus Radeon HD GB HDD Seagate TB PSU Thermaltake Tough XT W alot of bsods in the past hours were in BF the last just occurred randomly when i tried to open Windows Media Player and the one before crashed but made no referrals to a file just stop codes This BSoD business is driving me mad I've attached my minidumps This is what i have tried so far since initially my first BSoD referred to atikmpag sys - deleted display drivers using drive sweeper and re-installed Catalyst Suite - updated mobo bios and drivers - noticed that dxdiag was reporting my DDI version as so redid first point now showing DDI as - disabled easytune realtek audio other addons from Gigabyte from the startup list - Disabled AMD Overdrive feature I also did cloned my C drive which was on a gig IDE drive to my current TB Sata drive using Acronis True Image Appreciate the help

A:BSoD in BF3/sometimes random / dxgmms1.sys // atikmpag.sys // atikmdag

Hi.

Update (or uninstall) MagicTunePremium or PortTalk Driver by Samsung Electronics, Inc or Beyond Logic

Samsung

Beyond Logic

Download the most recent software\driver for your ati AMD Graphics Drivers & Software
Uninstall ati software\driver,restart in safe mode,run driver sweeper,choose only AMD-Display and clean,restart in normal mode.
Install the new ati software\driver,restart.
Update DirectX
Red very carefully the instructions and run video-card-stress-test-furmark

Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Finish with these steps and post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194410-bsod-bf3-sometimes-random-dxgmms1-sys-atikmpag-sys-atikmdag.html
Relevancy 75.68%

When starting up the computer for the first time each day i get a BSOD. I reset, then it is fine until i shutdown and comeback the next day or so and turn it back on.

Have attached rar folder with data from SF Diagnostics Tool

Any feedback on the matter would be greatly appreciated,
-Darknessz

A:BSOD on start up, atikmdag.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, dxgmms1.sys

Code:
BugCheck A0000001, {5, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+2311c )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver
There seems to be some issues with the PCI drivers, or the device which is using it.

Code:
1: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`0809b000 fffff880`08bb1000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Wed Dec 19 20:38:55 2012 (50D225DF)
CheckSum: 00AC6529
ImageSize: 00B16000
AMD Driver Autodetect
Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

Code:
1: kd> lmvm intelppm
start end module name
fffff880`07278000 fffff880`0728e000 intelppm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: intelppm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys
Image name: intelppm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jul 14 00:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
CheckSum: 0000F4EC
ImageSize: 00016000
Intel? Driver Update Utility
Your Intel chipset driver may be causing some problems, please check for any updates.

Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

Daemon Tools uses a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7. It is recommend you remove this program, and use Windows own in-built features or ImgBurn.

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware

Information
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the free trial box during installation. MSE is the most lightweight and compatible with the Windows 7 operating system

You can also view this thread for a complete free and lightweight security protection combination:Good and Free system security combination.
There's seems to be a issue with some of the USB drivers, follow these steps:Start
Type: Device Manager
Expand USB Controllers
Uninstall driver (for every listed device)
Reboot
The drivers should now be automatically reconfigured by Windows upon reboot.

If you are using any USB devices, then remove these from the USB ports (leave keyboard and mouse), and then update all the devices with the latest drivers, including the mouse and keyboard if applicable.

Turn off USB Suspension:USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286340-bsod-start-up-atikmdag-sys-dxgkrnl-sys-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello! Need help, my windows 7 64 bit laptop has been facing random BSOD - sometimes it happens within 5 mins and other times it happens after couple of hours.

I used BlueScreenView software (by NirSoft) to get the crash dumps and it indicates that crash is predominantly caused by atikmdag.sys , dxgkrnl.sys , dxgmms1.sys .

I've used the DM Log Collector tool and have uploaded the output here for reference.

Also I've added my system specs to my profile here. I had factory reset my laptop around 3 weeks ago to resolve this issue, after that system worked fine for 2 weeks but BSOD has started again.

Would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/393040-random-bsod-caused-atikmdag-sys-dxgkrnl-sys-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi to make things easier for you dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; below is the Bug Check String Driver and crash address SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION dxgmms sys ntoskrnl exe bc MEMORY MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc NTFS FILE SYSTEM Ntfs sys ntoskrnl exe bc IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc unrelated how could I make nice table above I have searched the forum Problem BSOD randomly usually graphics related eg flash games in chrome graphics related software Mathematica Problem I use an internet usb G device to connect to internet Every morning the device will not connect to internet and computer will hang on shutting down screen when I BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys restart I have to manually turn off and back on again I think this may be a dying capacitor on motherboard that needs boot's to get excited Problem Chrome quot aw snap quot happens regularly and is usually flash content related even ad banners seem to cause it from time to time I have reinstalled chrome checked plugins etc etc no luck Internet explorer runs stable but for example in flash games it seems to momentarily freeze and then catch up BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys with itself again These are moments where I think chrome would have crashed Things I've done SFC scan All's well Memtest I did pass it took an hour everything fine Will put it on over night tonight Checked for latest drivers Also have latest BIOS Checked win update Ran Intel Burn everything ok max stress over Gb RAM run min max temp thank you Noctua NH-C P this is with quiet adaptor too lol Ran malwarebytes found nothing toxic Ran SSDlife Free health SSD seems fine Bought a new motherboard assuming that the current one is going bad I haven't switched over to it yet and thought I should investigate a little further before I do ie bad RAM CPU Power Supply SSD CPU seems fine RAM passed test but will test further My own quot opinion quot until today was that there is a fault on motherboard probably with usb hardware Now I realise that it could be the power supply but I have no way to test this bar buy a new one My analysis bad motherboard or bad PSU Either way not getting away with cheap fix methinks UPDATE I enabled verifier exe using this Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable Windows crashes just before going to desktop I had to boot last known config to get up and running again IE I CAN RELIABLY CREATE BSOD USING VERIFIER EXE WITH GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS So I am going to try focusing on drivers loaded at startup by process of elimination Is there a quick way to find out which one Below is the Check String Driver and crash address for the BSOD's when using verifier exe IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL RNDISMPX SYS RNDISMPX SYS a UPDATE If I choose or more non Microsoft drivers in verifier exe I get BSOD different check strings but always at the same address Also computer seems more unstable since engaging with verifier exe I feel I have given a thorough evaluation based on information in this forum and would appreciate feedback from those with more expertise than I UPDATE Another Memtest gave errors on pass Questions any chance poor power supply can cause this anyone have experience increasing voltage to make this go away would bad RAM explain all my problems ok fine i'll go through RAM and the slots and find the bad one sigh major sigh positively tragic sigh UPDATE Started with slot with stick of RAM Did memtest but had an idea I turned on verifier exe with all rd party drivers selected and my theory was to replicate the BSOD I got earlier at startup Went through each slot each RAM combo's of RAM and then to add insult to injury with all sticks in exactly same as before no BSOD Life is tough So maybe RAM wasn't properly seated all this time or maybe I need to test the RAM proper... Read more

A:BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys

**************UPDATE 5 ****************

The sequence of events went as follows.
RAM test 1 pass was passed. Verifier.exe caused immediate BSOD on windows start when activated. Trying to hunt down drivers revealed any combo of 3 or more drivers gave BSOD at startup. Randomly decided to recheck RAM. Failed memtest after 27 minutes pass 1. Found one RAM stick that passed after one pass slot0. Got fed up of waiting for other slot's. Devised a plan to use verifier to check the RAM by seeing which combo's of RAM sticks gave BSOD on startup. All combo's passed. And now verifier does not give BSOD on any setting. Began to hate life. Cheered myself up with prospect of sleep. Put all 16 Gb RAM in properly and ran mentest for 18 hours, 6 passes. No error. Still no verifier.exe errors when enabled. Wrote this update.

If RAM failed after 27min one test, and then after swapping around a retest of 18 hours has no error, one would presume the RAM may be ok. Equally, I believe one could say the RAM is suspect. So, if the test is failed it really doesn't tell us anything except there is a problem somewhere. But we know there is a problem since we have BSOD!!! If I hadn't rerun the test I wouldn't question the RAM.

So the question is: how do I categorically ensure that a stick of RAM is good? Is memtest on RAM with an alternative working computer enough?

In summary:

I ran memtest for 18 hours, which was 6 passes. No problems detected. Using verifier.exe with protocols given on this forum I no longer get BSOD.

Currently my hypothesis is that the RAM was never seated correctly, or given that it takes a bit of force to insert correctly into motherboard, the flexing has at least temporarily defused whatever fault was causing my BSOD. Tenuous I know. But I really have no other explanation other than something somewhere on the motherboard or power is failing, or even the RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351171-bsod-address-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-ntfs-sys.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi recently I've been BSOD and now I cannot use my pc without it crashing on either before login and sometimes 5-10 mins after login.

BlueScreenView says its majorly these 2 watchdog.sys/dxgmms1.sys and just now atikmdag.sys

AMD RADEON 7750 crossfire
3x f31006cl9s 4gbnt
700w AzzA Alpha psu
ASRock zz pro3 motherboard
120 GB adata 510 sata drive
1tb western digital TB
i5 3570k
Don't really know what else to put here, so just ask away and ill provide.

Edit - Updated latest crash.

A:BSOD Error 0x00000119 Files are watchdog.sys/dxgmms1.sys/atikmdag.sys

Hi Lolzchicken. Apparently either of the cards are failing.

Code:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name:
Manufacturer:
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device Key: Enum\
Display Memory: n/a
Break the crossfire. Remove either card, let only one be there. Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then install the CCC 14.4 WHQL only.

If you dont get the regular display back, or it it continues to crash, remove that card and apply the other there, see how it goes.

Code:
BugCheck 119, {1, 14d78, 14d70, 14d6f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+3a783 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)
The video scheduler has detected that fatal violation has occurred. This resulted
in a condition that video scheduler can no longer progress. Any other values after
parameter 1 must be individually examined according to the subtype.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, The driver has reported an invalid fence ID.
Arg2: 0000000000014d78
Arg3: 0000000000014d70
Arg4: 0000000000014d6f

Debugging Details:
------------------
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x119

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: b

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8800160122f to fffff80003284a40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02b288d8 fffff880`0160122f : 00000000`00000119 00000000`00000001 00000000`00014d78 00000000`00014d70 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02b288e0 fffff880`0f207ec5 : fffff880`02b28b38 00000000`00014d78 00000000`00000000 00000000`00014d70 : watchdog!WdLogEvent5+0x11b
fffff880`02b28930 fffff880`0f208131 : fffffa80`0e028000 fffff880`02b28a40 00000000`000011ac 00000000`00000008 : dxgmms1!VidSchiVerifyDriverReportedFenceId+0xad
fffff880`02b28960 fffff880`0f207f82 : f0000000`00014d78 f0000000`f0000000 fffffa80`0e012000 00000000`00014d78 : dxgmms1!VidSchDdiNotifyInterruptWorker+0x19d
fffff880`02b289b0 fffff880`104f213f : fffffa80`0d3a8480 fffff880`0f49eb48 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchDdiNotifyInterrupt+0x9e
fffff880`02b289e0 fffff880`04591783 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d3a7e40 fffff880`02b28a90 fffff880`02b28b60 : dxgkrnl!DxgNotifyInterruptCB+0x83
fffff880`02b28a10 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`0d3a7e40 fffff880`02b28a90 fffff880`02b28b60 fffffa80`0df7659c : atikmpag+0x3a783
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+3a783
fffff880`04591783 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 6

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+3a783

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 546e9eb6

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x119_1_DRIVER_REPORTED_INVALID_FENCE_ID_atikmpag+3a783

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x119_1_DRIVER_REPORTED_INVALID_FENCE_ID_atikmpag+3a783

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x119_1_driver_reported_invalid_fence_id_atikmpag+3a783

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {3394e43e-7046-c9b0-b82a-73ed6afa0f3e}

---------

1: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`04557000 fffff880`045ed000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Nov 21 07:38:... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367713-bsod-error-0x00000119-files-watchdog-sys-dxgmms1-sys-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I used BlueScreenView to look into the mini dump, but all I got from that was that it has something to do with ntoskrnl.exe.

I hadn't planned to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 yet, but I thought it might fix my issue. I was wrong.

I attached the DM Log Collector files.

Any support/tips appreciated.

A:Crashing randomly, ntoskrnl.exe issue?

Hi Jezter,

Welcome to the 8forums.

Please run Prime95 to test the CPU with thistutorial | Windows 7 Helpforum.
It looks like your CPU may be damaged.
The following is for information purposes only.

Code:
The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Thu Aug 6 06:01:14.521 2015 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
Windows 8 Kernel Version 10240 MP (8 procs) Free x64

System Uptime:0 days 0:00:03.259

Probably caused by :AuthenticAMD

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe00044e59038, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffe00044e59038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD

PROCESS_NAME: System

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69712-crashing-randomly-ntoskrnl-exe-issue.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Guys I'm at a loss I'm getting BSOD's all the time I really don't know what
to do with it, and I'm not computer heavy so.
If someone here could help me that would be appreciated.
I've included a Dxdiag file with the rest.

A:BSOD STOP: 0x3B atikmdag.sys/STOP: 0x7E dxgmms1.sys

Quote: Originally Posted by Njits

Guys I'm at a loss I'm getting BSOD's all the time I really don't know what
to do with it I'm not computer heavy so.
If someone here could help me that would be appreciated.
I've included a Dxdiag file with the rest.

Hi Njits welcome to SF

Please follow these steps in this order,

Uninstall and clean bitdefender from your system using the http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Kno...stall_Tool.exe

Download and install mse Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

Enable windows firewall.

Download and install Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

Download the most recent software driver for your graphic card
AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Uninstall ati software/driver,restart in safe mode,use driver sweeper to clean any ati remaining fragments,restart.

Install the new ati software/driver.

Update DirectX.

Update your Realtek HD Audio Driver
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Level=3&Conn=2

Uninstall any virtual driver software you use,daemon tools,alcohol120%....

And clean sptd because is notorious source of bsod using this tool
http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads

For virtual drive download,install and ude the
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/mi...c-overview.htm

--------------------------------
Finish with the above steps and post back with ANY results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/180364-bsod-stop-0x3b-atikmdag-sys-stop-0x7e-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Randomly Entire Start Freezes. Computer crashing crashing, browser button etc LEONITE MS C S Antivirus NoneClick to expand This started happening yesterday for no reason I start up my PC and everything loads fine Entire Computer Randomly Freezes. Start button crashing, browser crashing etc I then launch my browser and after a Entire Computer Randomly Freezes. Start button crashing, browser crashing etc few minutes of random browsing the browser hangs and then it grays out and I get the quot program is not responding quot thing but then I try to ctrl alt delete to launch the task manager to end it but it doesn t pop up It takes literally like minutes until the browser re-activates and then I am able to use ctrl alt delete and end it Then I go to restart the browser and it doesn t pop up I constantly double click it and then it decides to work a few minutes later resulting in multiple browsers to launch at the same time Sometimes when I m not so lucky the browser freezes and after a while THE ENTIRE COMPUTER freezes and I have no choice but to hold the button to restart it I restarted it in safe mode and it works completely fine after that Scratch that It ran fine in safe mode but messed up in safe mode w networking I ran Malware Bytes and Norton and found nothing harmful to the computer I also ran another virus scanner I found from another forum that they recommended can t remember the name since I uninstalled it Don t like multiple virus scanners installed at once but it came back with nothing either I even scanned in safe mode - nothing This recently started happening and I did nothing for this to happen The only thing abnormal I remember doing is having to restart the computer by holding the button when a game crashed and then when it asked me if I wanted to run Windows normally or not I assumed that the bottom choice was to run it normally because that s what it always was but I chose something else and didn t notice It was a blank screen for a few minutes then started loading as if it was booting for the first time I didn t know what was going on so I held the button again and ran Windows normally and it started doing this but I didn t really think nothing of it Don t have any add-ons installed this is a fresh just formatted computer restored to its factory settings Also I d like to add that my internet stops working while this is happening Also here is a Hijack this report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C hp KBD kbd exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Users Steven AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Users Steven AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Steven AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Steven AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Users Steven AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Users Steven AppData Local ... Read more

A:Entire Computer Randomly Freezes. Start button crashing, browser crashing etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/entire-computer-randomly-freezes-start-button-crashing-browser-crashing-etc.996132/
Relevancy 67.08%

i've had a couple of BSOD propbly caused by ntoskrnl.exe/dxgmms1.sys BSOD either ntoskrnl exe or dxgmms sys however in the minidump files i've got ntoskrnl exe is always mentioned i've attatched BSOD ntoskrnl.exe/dxgmms1.sys the most recent dump files so i started to try some testing i started by doing a clean install which didn't help i'm unable to link dump files from before the reinstall then i did some hardware testing i used Furmark to test my GPU had it running for hours no errors i ran memtest for hours no errors and i used seagates harddisk tests no errors on either tests BSOD ntoskrnl.exe/dxgmms1.sys i was able to run and yes i know i should propbly be testing my hardware over a - hour period But when i started prime and i got BSOD after testing for - minutes and assumed it was a CPU problem i immediately BSOD ntoskrnl.exe/dxgmms1.sys called the place i had bought my hardware from they said it was most likely the CPU but i should try and deactivate AMD cool n quiet i did that and didn't have any BSOD the next day and assumed that it might have been the problem but now i'm getting a dxgmms sys error BSOD i've got the newest graphis driver the latest DX update fully updated windows x I also just tried starting prime its been running for abit over hour now no BSOD Hope someone know more then i do about computers and might be able to give me a hint of what is wrong i'm hoping i've made an error

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe/dxgmms1.sys

Hello Xaint and welcome to Seven Forums,
I would update these drivers.....

Quote:
ALSysIO64.sys Mon Apr 20 07:41:04 2009 Core Temp
Update CoreTemp or uninstall CoreTemp

NuidFltr.sys Fri May 08 20:53:31 2009 (Filter Driver for Microsoft Hardware HID Non-User Input Data belongs to the software Microsoft IntelliType Pro / IntelliPoint by Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft Corporation). See if you can update this driver through Microsoft)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141152-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I had a tons of various BSOD still can't figure out the cause It happens randomly but I get most frequently when I play for example Battlefied got some when I was away from my PC I tried already - Memtest hours run no error - Windows Memory Diag no error - Windows Reinstall - Newer ATi driver and after dxgmms1.sys and BSOD others ntoskrnl.exe, the win reinstall I installed the newest drivers I can get - Uninstall Avast - Installing Microsoft driver to my sound card - Disable my onboard BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys and others soundcard and use my USB one C-Media When I first tried driver verifier It got a problem with BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys and others daemon tools's driver had to disable it I didn't try it since I had some problem with the SF tool got an exception when it tried to copy the update log I lost half of my memory dumps becouse I ran CCleaner recently and forgot to turn off the dump clean Thank you in advance for your help Edit - Never overlocked anything - Ran Check disk on my drivers got no error - Sea Tools short drive self test all Pass My Power Supply HKC USP ver Maximum power BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys and others W

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys and others

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Disabling it is not enough. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Two avast drivers viz aswrdr2.sys and aswtdi.sys are causing huge problems there. You are saying that you have uninstalled Avast? Its required. Uninstall Avast using Avast Uninstall Utility. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Some game specific crashes are there, caused by battlefield.

Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_RAISED_IRQL_FAULT_bf3.exe_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245

BUCKET_ID: X64_RAISED_IRQL_FAULT_bf3.exe_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
Contract the game developer. There must be some settings or latest patches to run that game good on your system.

Always try use the up-to-date display driver, unless it is a faulty one.

Code:
fffff880`07228000 fffff880`07d3e000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Thu Dec 20 02:08:55 2012 (50D225DF)
CheckSum: 00AC6529
ImageSize: 00B16000
Update your ATI/AMD display driver.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
At least 30% extra is safe. Also let us know the wattage of your PSU.

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800813ecee, fffff88003cbb6a8, fffff88003cbaf00}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceAllocationForPreparation+22 )

--------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 4A, {76d0167a, 2, 0, fffff88009345ca0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88006b107e1, fffff880031bcb78, fffff880031bc3d0}

Probably caused by : aswrdr2.sys ( aswrdr2+27e1 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296495-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-dxgmms1-sys-others.html
Relevancy 67.08%

hello!
yesterday i re-installed win7 ultimate x64, fully updated and installed latest drivers
today when i tried to launch a game while having Open Broadcaster open i ran into this bsod caused by dxgmms1 and ntoskrnl.

note that i reinstalled hoping to avoid bsods that i was encountering in the past which i thought they may be related to bad drivers and some low voltage settings(s/a, dio and aio) for my ram but there you go, you never get enough

please help me resolve this

A:dxgmms1.sys and ntoskrnl.exe - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

update : since i received no reply to my issue yet, i decided to do a full remount of my rig just to make sure theres anything im missing like cables or non well seated cpu ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352407-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-system_service_exception.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everyone I would dxgmms1.sys ntoskrnl.exe BSOD nvlddmkm.sys please. Help really appreciate any help on my BSOD problems of late I seem to get BSOD and also system freezes while playing Battlefield and have also had occasions where browsing on Chrome has caused a BSOD Regarding system freezes this happens during Battlefield the screen freezes and audio freezes or loops My pc doesn't respond and the only measure is to hard reset I've had BSODs in the past months and think it's now really time to sort this out I've done clean installs of various geforce drivers in safe mode with Driver Fusion and CCleaner in Safe Mode uninstalling the gtx remove drivers run Driver Fusion CCleaner then Driver Fusion again Reboot back into Safe Mode to BSOD Help please. ntoskrnl.exe dxgmms1.sys nvlddmkm.sys finalise driver removal then install new drivers I'm now using v I'm hoping this may fix the DX and NV BSODs but we'll see I'm not very technical with BSOD stuff but realise that a multitude of reasons could contribute to a BSOD and not just a single cause So would someone be kind enough to debug my minidumps I'm not techy enough to BSOD Help please. ntoskrnl.exe dxgmms1.sys nvlddmkm.sys debug minidumps but techy enough to follow any instructions given I've attached a rar file containing dumps Many Thanks Quyeno

A:BSOD Help please. ntoskrnl.exe dxgmms1.sys nvlddmkm.sys

Your dumps indicate multiple causes:

Problematic Wacom driver, should be updated: Hardware Drivers | Wacom

Outdated ATK0110 driver:
P7P55D - Motherboards - ASUS

Information
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit " (it's about the 8th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005). You may have to use the Device Manager to install the driver.

An ESET security was also involved, temporarily remove any version of that AV. There are also a bunch of dmps pointing to DirectX, you should test your graphics card. NVIDIA/AMD Video Card - Test with OCCT

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300773-bsod-help-please-ntoskrnl-exe-dxgmms1-sys-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have freshly installed windows 8.1 Enterprise (x64) and also installed the latest drivers for everything.

My configuration:
ASUS P8Z77-M
Intel i5-3570K
2X4GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Predator
ATI Radeon HD6950 2GB
WD 1TB Caviar Black
CoolerMaster 550W Real Power

The BSOD is appearing whem I am playing games (mainly while playing Watch Dogs or CS:GO).

Tried with Driver Verifier for 24 hours, same result as before.
Tried Memtest86+ for 10+ hours, no problems.

Here are my dump files and a screenshot from BSOD Viewer. Any help or suggestion would be nice

Attachment 44495

A:BSOD caused by dxgmms1.sys / ntoskrnl.exe

You have a WD 1TB Caviar Black HD with the 2008 driver which is known for BSOD.
wdcsam64 fffff800`f0808000 fffff800`f080b880 Wed Apr 16 10:39:08 2008 (4805bb2c) 0000d887 wdcsam64.sys
Driver Description: Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM driver
2008 driver version has known BSOD issues in Windows
Driver Update Site: WD Support / Downloads / Select Product
Please update to the latest version.

Many of your dumpfiles are related to your graphiccard, they are Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::TrimAllProcesses+fc ) and Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+36fc4 ).
But i see in the latest dumpfile you already updated the videocard driver.

If you keep bsod related to your graphiccard.
Test your graphiccard with prime 95.

Download and Tutorial Prime95

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/100352-hardware-stress-test-prime95.html

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47605-bsod-caused-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello. errors occur without any systematics. tried to update drivers but did not help. Please help in solving the problem.

A:BSOD different errors. dxgmms1.sys ntoskrnl.exe

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff8a0e5e7e470, 0, fffff88005392193, 5}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceAllocationForSubmission+10b )

---------
Run a minimum of 8 passes, preferably overnight, or until errors occur using MemTest86+.

Reference this tutorial to help you use MemTest86+:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Also:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click Copy - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the tool here in your next reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352513-bsod-different-errors-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 66.22%

So I was having BSOD's with my old system as it was set up and wanted to start fresh as ntoskrnl.exe involving BSOD and dxgmms1.sys I had not re-installed my OS in a while I bought a new SSD and installed my OS on it and formatted my old drive to use as space BSOD involving dxgmms1.sys and ntoskrnl.exe to install programs BSOD involving dxgmms1.sys and ntoskrnl.exe However the BSOD's have started again the first was right after my computer installed Direct X through League of Legends the second happened while I was downloading some files and watching Youtube and the third happened when I tried to open Skype when I logged into my computer The first error System Thread Exception Not Handled x e dxgmms sys The second Page Fault in Nonpaged Area x msachi sys ntoskrnl exe PCIIDEX SYS The third System Service Exception x b ntoskrnl exe I thought I had solved the first problem by running a memory test which tested my hard drives for bad data and apparently fixed them so if we could focus on the second and third error I am extremely frustrated as I was unable to fix it on my old machine so I assumed starting fresh would rid me of these issues I am assuming it is hardware at this point so any advice System Specs OS Windows Professional x Retail Date Installed Jan th CPU AMD Phenom II X RAM x GB DDR Corsair XMS Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA T-UD P rev Graphics Radeon HD

A:BSOD involving dxgmms1.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209236-bsod-involving-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello all,

I have had this issue on-and-off for roughly 4 months now; it is not bricking my system just seems to happen every-other log on (usually my first log-in)

My futile attempts of fixing this issue has resulted in purchasing new memory, a new graphics card, a new PSU and finally a new USB wi-fi dongle (have not received yet)

I have tried countless programs CCleaner, Blue screen view, tweaking.com, memtest, even a fresh install (twice). I do dabble in computer maintenance but this has been the first time I have been lost for solutions.
This is my first time, so If you need any further info just let me know.

Thanks in advance

A:Random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe and dxgmms1.sys

I have also attached a sceenshot from the blue screen viewer

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329061-random-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Guys I encountered multiple BSODs, It happens when I'm just surfing the net, games or sometimes even just by watching videos/movies.

I'am just a novice in troubleshooting with drivers and just follow steps on this forum and other suggestions, some driver caused BSOD already stopped from reoccurring(Thanks guys), but I'am stuck on finding the source of this new BSODs your help is really appreciated.

Here's my file N550-Mon_05_25_2015_120543_46.zip

A:Multiple BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe, NETIO.SYS, dxgmms1.sys)

Update: I do a clean install, and re-update all of my drivers and software, also uninstall some bloatware from ASUS, now I BSOD when watching video, or when there's .gif on my webpage, also chrome usually crashed.

where is my updated Logs.
N550-Tue_06_02_2015_153515_99.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66398-multiple-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-netio-sys-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi All, I recently built a new computer and am faced with blue screens. I completed multiple passes of memtest86+ without error, as well as a diskchk on both of my drives. After that I put a fresh copy of Windows 7 Professional x64 with SP1 included on the machine. I then allowed windows update to run, installed Avast and SpyBot Search&Destroy, and allowed SP-S&D to immunize my FF and IE.

After that I began to play games and had a BSOD, BAD_POOL_HEADER, and decided I needed to seek assistance.

I am hoping that this issue is software related and that someone here at sevenforums has the expertise required to resolve my dilemma. I ran Capt.'s Windows 7 Diagnostic Tool and attached the results to this post.

-Addled

A:BSOD Bad_Pool_Header (dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, nvlddmkm.sys)

Welcome aboard.

The display driver version you are using is sometimes troublesome.

Code:
lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f486000 fffff880`1017a000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 02 23:51:13 2012 (506B3099)
CheckSum: 00CD4613
ImageSize: 00CF4000
Download and install Driver Fusion.
Reboot the computer in Advanced Boot Options, safe mode. Search Driver Fusion in your start menu, and remove all components of your nVidia display driver.
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Drivers > Beta and Legacy; search there with your cards particulars for GeForce 306.23 Driver, dated 13.9.2012 and install it.
Let us know the results. Depending on it, will decide our next steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267083-bsod-bad_pool_header-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Guys, my comp has blue screened at-least 2 times a day pretty solid from just watching movies to playing games. It dosent mater what task I am doing it blue screens on everything. It even blue screened when I pushed the shut down button once lol. Im thinking there is a conflict between hardware or software or both.

Here is the zip from DM log collector.

Attachment 343576

My specs are already filled out. My antivirus Is Comodo+mbam.

I have noticed that half the time I bsod it is NTOSKRNL and the other half it is dxgmms1 or atidag.
Also ccc verson is 13.9

Any suggestions? thanks

A:BSOD with dxgmms1.sys, atimdag.sys, ntoskrnl.sys, fltmgr.exe,and more

It appears AMD has this new omega driver. Anyone have any experience with that? They say my card (ATI 7870) is compatible.

Edit: After reading some reviews maybe I don't want this new driver. They said it had tons of bug fixes if only you could get it to install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355802-bsod-dxgmms1-sys-atimdag-sys-ntoskrnl-sys-fltmgr-exe-more.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I recently installed an addition gbs of ram at gigs my mobo can hold in my gaming PC same brand as what I already have installed When I was done the BSODs started again I had this happen before and it turned out to be my CPU fan wasn't seated correctly or something like that Code Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff cc Parameter fffff Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM Dump File and from HIDCLASS.sys BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys, file - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x d Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff a cb Caused By Driver HIDCLASS SYS Caused By BSOD from file ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys, and HIDCLASS.sys Address HIDCLASS SYS bb File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa b Parameter Parameter fffff a b Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff f e Parameter fffff b Parameter fffff b dc Caused By Driver dxgmms sys Caused By Address dxgmms sys dff File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address dxgmms sys e Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp BSOD from file ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys, and HIDCLASS.sys System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack BSOD from file ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys, and HIDCLASS.sys Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String REFERENCE BY POINTER Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa Parameter Parameter fffffa e a Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time AM Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x d Parameter fffff b a Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff f ddfe Caused By Driver nvlddmkm sys Caused By Address nvlddmkm sys e fe File Description... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390083-bsod-file-ntoskrnl-exe-dxgmms1-sys-hidclass-sys.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I have a custom built laptop that keeps getting BSOD's after startup with no obvious singular cause to me It sometimes happens as soon as a couple of minutes and sometimes after a couple of hours I've used BlueScreenViewer and I see that dxgmms sys tcpip sys and ntoskrnl exe are listed as the quot caused by driver quot with ntoskrnl exe being listed in each report but can't figure it out Can anyone help System spec Win ACPI x BSOD tcpip.sys, ntoskrnl.exe dxgmms1.sys frequently: based AMD Radeon HD M Samsung SSD series Intel BSOD frequently: dxgmms1.sys tcpip.sys, ntoskrnl.exe HD Graphics Intel i - qm GB installed ram I have installed the latest video card drivers intel drivers updated every driver through the device manager and installed every windows update to no avail I ran a couple of passes of mem and got zero errors I have used DM collector tool and uploaded the zip it can also be found https www dropbox com sh zjnco kq z AAB-p c p-xDQ vHzQeH E ua dl PYU -Sun zip P S I have also tried using DISM restore health but get the following Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt C WINDOWS system gt C WINDOWS system gt Dism exe online Cleanup-Image StartComponentCleanup amp sfc s cannow amp Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth amp sfc scannow amp pause Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version Image Version Error The component store has been corrupted The DISM log file can be found at C WINDOWS Logs DISM dism log Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version Image Version Error x f The source files could not be downloaded Use the quot source quot option to specify the location of the files that are required t o restore the feature For more information on specifying a source location see Configure a Windows Repair Source The DISM log file can be found at C WINDOWS Logs DISM dism log Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Press any key to continue and the dism log Caller did not request sparse mount Mounting new image Wim GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recovery WindowsRE Winre wim Image Index Mount Path C WINDOWS TEMP ce d-a - ae -a -f ef d ed Wimserv process started for guid e a ba - c- b a-bcbc-aaf dd f Id is ImageUnmarshallHandle Reconstituting wim at GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recovery WindowsRE Winre wim Mounted image at C WINDOWS TEMP ce d-a - ae -a -f ef d ed x b FIOReadFileIntoBuffer The filename directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect xc c UnmarshallImageHandleFromDirectory xc c WIMGetMountedImageHandle x b FIOReadFileIntoBuffer The filename directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect xc c UnmarshallImageHandleFromDirectory xc c WIMGetMountedImageHandle ImageUnmarshallHandle Reconstituting wim at GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recovery WindowsRE Winre wim ImageUnmarshallHandle Reconstituting wim at GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recovery WindowsRE Winre wim ImageUnmarshallHandle Reconstituting wim at GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recovery WindowsRE Winre wim ImageUnmarshallHandle Reconstituting wim at GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recovery WindowsRE Winre wim ImageUnmarshallHandle Reconstituting wim at GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recovery WindowsRE Winre wim ImageUnmarshallHandle Reconstituting wim at GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recovery WindowsRE Winre wim ImageUnmarshallHandle Reconstituting wim at GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recovery WindowsRE Winre wim Received unmount request for image with guid e a ba - c- b a-bcbc-aaf dd f Unmount for image at C WINDOWS TEMP ce d-a - ae -a -f ef d ed complete x b FIOReadFileIntoBuffer The f... Read more

A:BSOD frequently: dxgmms1.sys tcpip.sys, ntoskrnl.exe

Please upload the dism.log as this is not understandable.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68216-bsod-frequently-dxgmms1-sys-tcpip-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 65.36%

i get bluescreens. with the file ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys.

What i did:

1. Fresh install windows 10
2. Memtest
3. drivers uptodate
4. malwarescanner
5. Virus scanner (G-data)
6. BluescreenVieuw
7. AMD Driver Update With DDU

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/bluescreenview-x64/report.html
That is what i did so far...
Can someone help me please ?.......DESKTOP-SB3C1AU-05_feb_2016__7_39_53,10.zip
My PC SPECS:
Case:Corsair Obsidian 900D
MotherBoard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU: AMD FX9590
CPU Block: EK-Supremacy EVO RED Edition
GPU1:AMD R9 290X
GPU1 Block: EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal
GPU2:AMD R9 290X
GPU2 Block: EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal

Pump 2x: EK-DCP 4.0 PWM X-RES
Rad 2x: EK-CoolStream PE 480 Radiator

Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX3M4A1600C9
samsung 840 Pro SSD 128 GB + samsung 850 evo SSD 520 GB + 2000 GB + 3000GB Hardeschijf ( HDD )
Supply: Corsair AX1200i

NEW: 900D Long Lightbox (Rev.2) RGB + Controller

Monitors: Tripple Screen Benq XL241Z

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe + atikmdag.sys

Update following drivers
Driver Reference Table - ALSysIO64.sys
Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the display drivers using custom/advanced options.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39778-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I built a new computer about a month ago keeping the same hard drives case and DVD drive At first it wouldn t even start up but now it s just at the point where I get about blue screens per day Sometimes it s when I m in a game or Firefox but sometimes it s immediately after startup just on the desktop The most common are e and atikmdag sys atikmpag sys Ususally the screen has graphical corruption just before the BSoD I tried uninstalling Catalyst Control Center and reseating the GPU but it didn t help I tried getting Debugging Tools for Windows x but I really don t know what the information it provides means I ve attached all the mindumps from today I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic for passes on Extended and it showed no errors until I cancelled it at which point it said Windows failed to start 1e, BSoDs atikmdag, ntoskrnl and recommened Startup Repair When I logged in it gave an error message saying an ordinal could not be found Windows -bit SP AMD Phenom II X CPU GB DDR RAM ATI Radeon HD updated to W PSU MSI -G motherboard nbsp

A:BSoDs 1e, atikmdag, ntoskrnl

Here is the exact error that showed on startup after I ran the memory diagnostic:

regsvr32.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 344 could not be located in the dynamic link library COMCTL32.dll.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsods-1e-atikmdag-ntoskrnl.994151/
Relevancy 64.93%

Most of the time I get a BSOD with ntoskrnle.exe

Updated video card drivers and motherboard drivers. Had an ATI graphics card, pulled it and removed drivers. Running only onboard Intel hd3000 to eliminate the graphics card.
Same thing.
Motherboard: Asus P8H67M Pro

Any ideas to nail this one down?

Last few minidumps attached.

A:BSOD: random times, daily, ntoskrnl.exe and sometimes dxgmms1.sys

Welcome

All of the minidump files blame usbhub.sys, do you have usb hub. The bugcheck code is FE, which usually point to USB device driver. One generic way to solve issue with usb BSODs is to go to device manager, under usb list, click properties and uninstall everything, then restart your computer

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80082fe060, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa80088016b0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys

Let us know if it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251428-bsod-random-times-daily-ntoskrnl-exe-sometimes-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello everyone if you do not mind i go straight to the point As the title says i have a serious issue with BSoDs and freezing First i'll go into detail about bluescreens These ones happen whenever i play any games with my computer They're mostly random and i have not seen any kind of pattern or spesific times when they happen Computer doesn't overheat i've checked the temperatures when in game using RealTemp and any kind of lag is not present I got completely new GPU from warranty yet these problems still exist Now about freezing problem This issue is new and came along with the new graphics card Like the ntoskrnl.exe BSOD dxgmms1.sys, and and win32k.sys problem freezing BSoDs these also happen completely random times Sometimes whole computer simply freezes sometimes i am able to move mouse around after few seconds Other things include sudden screen shut down and recovery along with a notice quot Windows Kernel driver somehing has stopped working and recovered quot I don't remember correctly There is an occasion when my computer freezes for few seconds and dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe and win32k.sys BSOD and freezing problem then works almost properly The cursor you see is all screwed up I've added photos dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe and win32k.sys BSOD and freezing problem of the cursor although they are pretty bad Strange thing is that BSoDs only happens in games and freezing only happens in normal use Any suggestions and help is welcome

A:dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe and win32k.sys BSOD and freezing problem

eliminaattori welcome to SevenForums

Have you tried to upgrade the Graphics Driver ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294002-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-win32k-sys-bsod-freezing-problem.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I've been suffering BSoDs relatively frequently for a while now, in my perception mostly when watching streamed flash video such as from YouTube or Twitch.tv.
Multiple system wipes/fresh installations have not resolved the issue.
RAM replacement seemed to allow me to catch a break at first, but BSoDs returned after few days of calm and I suffered 3 of them during the last 2 days. Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and MemTest (ran multiple copies simultaneously for 8 hours) returned no errors.

According to the dump files, BSoDs were caused by a combination of ntoskrnl.exe and dxgmms1.sys.
Again, in my imagination most of them they seem to coincide with streaming flash video via Twitch.tv, which I watch using multiple instances of Google Chrome and Firefox. Although that might be completely unrelated.

As a layman, I'm puzzled, and thus turn to you for your insight and help.

A:Frequent BSoD for ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys when watching yt, twitch

Please start by removing the following programs from your computer:

Code:
Once Daemon tools is gone please download and run this tool:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

When the tool runs if the uninstall button is grayed out your done and can close the window. If it is not please click it and allow the tool to do its job. DO NOT click the install button it will install a driver known to cause BSODs.

Also uninstall this program it is likely doing more harm than good:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2013
Next please update the following drivers thaey are potentialy problimatic:

Code:
fffff880`0c9fc9c8 fffff880`07308dbf*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
atikmdag+0x7ddbf
Driver Reference Table - atikmdag.sys

update it from here:http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

Code:
fffff880`02f1a598 fffff880`041a0010Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Rt64win7+0x3010
Driver Reference Table - Rt64win7.sys

Please update this driver from here: Realtek

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288436-frequent-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-dxgmms1-sys-when-watching-yt-twitch.html
Relevancy 64.93%

W bit SP AMD Athlon X GHz ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro Rev GIGABYTE GA- A-UD Corsair G XMS TW X G C A G XFX Radeon HD Corsair TX W CREATIVE SB X-Fi Titanium GB WD Caviar Black Machine was built by local vendor in August It's been back twice they replaced Saphire with XFX first time Replaced Asus M A BSOD, dxgmms1.sys ntoskrnl.exe, build, Custom Random TD-EVO with Gigabyte GA- A-UD next time Symptoms random BSOD multiple programs stop working Custom build, Random BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys Crashes happen when idle or stressing doesn't matter Can go days without issue I have exact identical software loaded on my W bit machine runs flawlessly Solutions tried Replaced Saphire with XFX Replaced Asus M TD EVO w Gigabyte GA- A-UD Re-formated clean install times Clean install of ATI drivers current Microsoft hotfixes pertaining to this crash wouldn't install don't apply to this system Installed latest direct x runtime All MS updates fully patched System file check sfc scannow Memtest passes Repair install blue screened right after System crashed with no software installed after a reformat This has stumped me the vendor and multiple forums Thanks and good luck

A:Custom build, Random BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys

The only thing in common with the two dump files provided is a memory access problem. Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Also, you can run Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable I recommend backing up important files and creating a system restore point or system image before using Driver verifier. If you are unable to boot Windows normally after enabling, start in safe mode. If safe mode also fails (this is rare, but does happen), run system restore/recovery from system image.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199501-custom-build-random-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

I'm getting random BSODS mostly on startup and during casual browsing eg. tasks which isn't that demanding but also occasionally during gaming.

I've searched around but I'm still clueless and I hope somebody is more familiar with these error codes than I am. Trying to debugg these BSODS without much experience has proven pretty difficult.

I have done a two runs with Memtest without any errors.

Best regards,
Fredrik

A:Random BSODS, cause: ntoskrnl.exe, tcpip.sys, Ntfs.sys, dxgmms1.sys

Welcome to the forum.

Code:
BugCheck C8, {2, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1e2e2 )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
BugCheck C5, {fffff8100e81b6b0, 2, 0, fffff8000e7c0a4e}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+192 )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
BugCheck D1, {41, 2, 1, fffff88001850c0e}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
BugCheck 50, {fffff88048345f40, 0, fffff88001253c0a, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
BugCheck FC, {fffff880091739d0, 8000000399ed2963, fffff880091732d0, 2}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+44dfc )
BugCheck C5, {fffff8100e8516b0, 2, 0, fffff8000e7f6a4e}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+192 )
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800f0203cf, fffff880023717b8, fffff88002371010}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ProcessDeferredCommand+9cb )
Please follow the steps below:

Quote:
Based on the bugchecks, I would recommend you follow and complete the steps given below:1. If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop. Reset any changed values back to default and reset/clear CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. Uninstall any overclocking tool as these can also be a reason of blue screens.

2. Uninstall your current antivirus software. It can be a cause of BSOD very often. Please remove it with its removal tool and use Microsoft Security Essentials in its place. Malwarebytes is a great combination with it. Go through this thread for more info.

3. Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

4. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to check windows for integrity violations. Run it up to three times to fix all errors. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations.

5. Make scans with Kaspersky TDSskiller and ESET Online scanner.

6. Perform a Clean Start up, this will help avoid any problematic applications from bugging the system.

7. Use Revo Uninstaller Free to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advanced Mode and uninstall the software, delete the leftover registry entries.

8. Use Crystal Disk Info to upload a screenshot of your Hard Drives (s). Test your Hard Drives (s) running a Hard Drive Diag.

9. Test and Diagnose RAM issues with RAM - Test with Memtest86+. Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors" Take the test for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

10. Monitor hardware temperature for overheating issues with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor

Update these drivers:

SSPORT.sys Fri Aug 12 05:07:32 2005 (42FBDA34)
Samsung printer driver
Driver Reference Table - SSPORT.sys

nusb3hub.sys Fri Dec 10 10:50:35 2010 (4D01B19B)
NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (previous BSOD issues with 2010 and earlier versions)
Driver Reference Tab... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309546-random-bsods-cause-ntoskrnl-exe-tcpip-sys-ntfs-sys-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I've recently joined a technical support team and have been given a dell desktop optiplex that's had constant BSOD issues going back months I've been told the OS win has been reinstalled several times and the issues doesn't seem to go away Based on that I figured it must be a hardware issue I did a diagnostic test in the bios had the computer freeze up during the diagnostic and Dell sent a technician to ntoskrnl.exe and BSOD to related atikmdag.sys replace the motherboard as a tech mentioned the error code related to the motherboard Well the motherboards been replaced and I'm still getting BSODs The timing of the BSOD is random the computer will run anywhere from mins to a couple hours but the BSOD is pretty consistant I thought I BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys had it narrowed down to corrupt ATI drivers a couple days ago and reinstalled a redownloaded driver software from dells support page but again the BSOD is back The most common BSOD error code is x although I get several And running bluescreenview to check dmp files the most common drivers causing the BSODs are ntoskrnl exe and atikmdag sys Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

A:BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys

Hi

to the Bleeping Computer forum

Please follow the below steps.

Test the system memory thoroughly using Memtest86+ . 

Read this article first : http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

You should run at least seven or more passes for an accurate result. I recommend running 10 passes. As it may take several hours to complete, it is better to run it overnight.

Following video will give you a better idea about the test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Report whether it detects any errors during the test.

Upload the crash dumps for inspection.

Open C:\Windows\minidump folder and copy all the crash dump files to another temporary folder. Zip that folder and upload it to any free file hosting site.

For example :

http://www.mediafire.com/

https://www.box.com/

Download and run Minitoolbox from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
    -List installed programs
    -List devices
    -List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply  (or upload the result.txt with dump files) 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502300/bsod-related-to-ntoskrnlexe-and-atikmdagsys/
Relevancy 64.5%

Good day!

I am new to this community and my first community in this category. I am still learning computer troubleshooting techniques nowadays because we have a small net shop in our place and it is important that I have to manage this kind of problems. I recently have this redundant bsod on ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys. , even if i tried to apply some tips to solve this problem. I will enclose my event log so that my problems might be finally solved. By the way, I am from Philippines and our 6 computer sets were bought as package.
Specs:
cpu: A6-7400k
mobo: asus a68m-e
memory:  dynet/apotop 4gb ddr3 1600mhz
hdd: 1tb marshall
psu: fortress 

With your expertise, I am confident that you can help me with this. 

Thank you and looking forward for results.

Respectfully yours,
jyaefuri_san

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612912/atikmdagsys-and-ntoskrnlexe-repeating-problem/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I have been getting BSOD only on idle for weeks now and it is driving me crazy. I have tried re installing the drivers for audio and graphics and any other suggestion I could find. Also I have re installed the OS. I am OC to 4.0GHZ but have also tried on stock 3.2GHZ and get the same issues.

This new atikmdag.sys I have not seen before but previously it was saying driver dxgmms or something similar. This crash dmp has now been deleted off my pc for some reason so I cant double check.

Any advice would be great as it is useless for what I want it to do if it wont stay on.

Thanks in advance !

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391303-bsod-when-pc-idle-atikmdag-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

About a half a year ago I've bought a totally new PC configuration. It went clearly but in the last one and a half month i started to get BSOD. The problem is coming mostly during playing games but sometimes on a clear desktop the PC reset with a BSOD. I tried to solve it by searching the error code on the internet but so far no result. I tried to reinstall windwos with full updates, only the important driver updates, with new and old drivers. I tried to reproducate the mistake. But after a pure install the bsod happens. Mostly dxgmms1.sys and ntoskrnl.exe, but it is in the attachment. The PC comes with a guarantee/warrant decal so i can't make hardware modifications but i had to make sure it is not a software problem because they don't take it back...
I've alredy done memtest without any problems.
I really appreceate any help. Thank you for replying.

A:BSOD Playing games and sometimes totally random dxgmms1.sys + ntoskrnl

Hello Thiri and welcome to Sevenforums.

BSOD Analyse

I suspect both your Direct-X and Graphics Driver to be a causer. First of, do the below tutorial in order for a clean reinstallation of the Graphics Driver.
1) Nvidia tutorial

i) Make your way to Nvidia Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers and download the latest driver for your card, save it to your desktop for instance.
ii) Uninstall the Graphic driver you currently have and all its extensions (do not reboot yet)
iii) Download Driver Sweeper
iv) Get to safe mode (without network) and search for Driver Sweeper in your
v) Select all the Nvidia components and analyse them
vi) Clean them, head into Windows without internet and install the driver you downloaded previously.
2) ATI tutorial

i) Make your way to ATI Drivers - Downloads and download the latest driver for your card, save it to your desktop for instance
ii) Uninstall the Graphic driver you currently have and all its extensions (do not reboot yet)
iii) Download Driver Sweeper
iv) Get to safe mode (without network) and search for Driver Sweeper in your
v) Select all the ATI components and analyse them
vi) Clean them, head into Windows without internet and install the driver you've downloaded previously.
Direct-X

There's also some pointers to your Direct-X files. Option one is that it could be the Direct-X files. Option two is that it could be a part of the Windows system files, as Direct-X is a part of that. To be one the safe side, update your Direct-X files.

Download: DirectX End-User Runtime - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

SFC /scannow

We usually ask people to do this command to check if Windows is corrupted. It's the most common one used to check if the Windows files are corrupted. If it'll find errors, it'll restore them.

Tip
If you're having a custom customization layer on your Aero, it's likely to get restored to default.
Press Start | search 'cmd' | Right-click it
| open as Admin | type SFC /SCANNOW

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243578-bsod-playing-games-sometimes-totally-random-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Guys I'd appreciate some help here I've been getting BSODs for quite a while now and would like some help in finding a solution Attached is my SF zip Looking at the dmp files it seems it's either ntoskrnl or dxgkrnl dxgmms nvlddmkm I have no idea what this means Some BSODs: ntoskrnl, 116 Random BCCode nvlddmkm, dxgkrnl, dxgmms1, other info that may be relevant maybe Just yesterday using SlimDrivers I updated all drivers This Random BSODs: ntoskrnl, dxgkrnl, dxgmms1, nvlddmkm, BCCode 116 did not help I recently did a memtest and found a faulty stick which is why I'm down to sticks I previously had After taking out that stick I ran memtest several more times and all came back with zero errors That seemed to reduce but Random BSODs: ntoskrnl, dxgkrnl, dxgmms1, nvlddmkm, BCCode 116 not eliminate completely some BSODs Before the onslaught of BSODs occurred I did have some video card crashes where my screen would black out for a second or two before coming back with a notice saying my Random BSODs: ntoskrnl, dxgkrnl, dxgmms1, nvlddmkm, BCCode 116 video card or driver failed and then recovered no system shut down or reset just video This was completely fixed after I opened up my case and dusted everything Most if not all BSODs are followed by BCCode which google tells me is a video card driver failure Also with most BSODs the monitor turns black no signal and the audio loops for a second or so before the system shuts down or restarts I'm assuming the screen is black and not blue because the video not working I was previously using the newest NVIDIA drivers for my card but saw some suggestions through googling that I could try previous versions to see if they were more stable Unfortunately it didn't help I did the NVIDIA quot Clean Install quot option every time I installed new drivers I did not however do the safe-mode remove since I read that quot clean install quot was essentially the same thing Most BSODs occur when I'm playing games The games I play do not really require heavy graphics BSODs happen quite often when playing Civ both DX and DX Sometimes it crashes when I'm just browsing the web A more recent BSOD occurred just a few minutes after starting up my computer I'm not sure if this is relevant but I was able to run DMark tests without any BSOD so I'm not sure if the crash really has to do with GPU load I did monitor the CPU and GPU temperatures before some of the BSODs and it did not look like anything was overheating Also I recently set my BIOS to XMP overclocking not sure if that's how you say it Occasionally I'll get a message on boot that says quot overclocking failed quot I suspect you guys will tell me to turn it off and see if it still BSOD BSODs happened with and without overclocking If I need to provide more info please let me know Thanks in advance for the help

A:Random BSODs: ntoskrnl, dxgkrnl, dxgmms1, nvlddmkm, BCCode 116

I huess you are overclocking.

Code:
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2800
CurrentSpeed: 2809
As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
At least 30% free is good. Also let us know about the wattage of your PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Display driver installed is seeming to be latest version ... so not touching it right now. Let us know the results. Depending on those we will go for further troubleshooting.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a0474e0, fffff880051b2ed0, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+8e9ed0 )

---------

3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`048c9000 fffff880`053aa000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Mon May 13 00:39:45 2013 (518FE8F9)
CheckSum: 00AB6DED
ImageSize: 00AE1000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297047-random-bsods-ntoskrnl-dxgkrnl-dxgmms1-nvlddmkm-bccode-116-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi i keep getting frequent blue screens whilst playing league of legends. I have downloaded blue screen viewer and tried to identify the issue as much as possible however i don't know how to fix it. I have attached all of the minidump files found within the folder.

A:BSOD playing League of Legends 0x0000001e dxgmms1.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

I have attached the file requested for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289026-bsod-playing-league-legends-0x0000001e-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I've been struggling with these random BSOD's only while playing games (mainly World of Warcraft) and they are random. Some days I get none, others I get 2-3 per day. From what I've read and heard from friends, these issues are probably due to DirectX, my GPU and or RAM. Perhaps it is another process interfering? Thanks in advance for the help. I've attached the recent minidumps.

A:BSOD - dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe 0x50 and 0xD1 Playing Games

Here are the dump files again in accordance with the SF diagnostic tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317892-bsod-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-0x50-0xd1-playing-games.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm at my wits end on this. For months now Ive been getting BSOD errors. Different kinds, mostly ntoskrnl.exe errors. Memory modules appear to be well, uninstalled avg as i heard it could cause problems, purchased avast yesterday and installed it. Did a repair install of windows 7 64-bit home premium edition. Worked perfectly well all day yesterday. Today it starts up and goes blue screen again. So frustrated, at this point I just want to know if I need a new computer or if this one is still salvageable. See attached for the dump files.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe then atikmdag.sys errors. Please help! - wyles

first perhaps you would care to explain your host file:

Code:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activation.nero.com
127.0.0.1 license.superantispyware.com
127.0.0.1 license.superantispyware.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/278073-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-then-atikmdag-sys-errors-please-help-wyles.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

I've been running this computer for about 2 months now. While playing some games or re-running WEI I get random BSODs. I ran CineBench and OCCT and have no errors with my GPU. I ran Memtest and my RAM checked out fine. My max temps for my CPU and GPU are 58C and for my 66C respectively. I have not overclocked yet, but was planning on doing so. I also ran the sfc /scannow command 3 times as an administrator.

I've removed the AMD Catalyst drivers using drive sweeper and reinstalled to 12.11 beta 4 with no success. It looks to be display drivers causing the problem, but I don't know what else to do.

My specs are:
CPU: i5 3570K
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-UD3H
GPU: PowerColor PCS+ AX7870 2GBD5-2DHPP GHz Edition
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
RAM: Pareema 8GB DDR3 1333
HD: Samsung 830 128Gb SSD

I've attached the BSOD dump below.

A:BSOD when running WEI (0xa0000001, atikmdag.sys, ntoskrnl.exe)

Hello there!

Seems like the crashes are random we have to do some troubleshooting. Update your SSD Firmware. Update the drivers older than 2009.

Run SFC Scannow : SFC /SCANNOW to Repair Windows 7 Files

For ATI check this thread STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

*** 3rd PARTY DRIVER LIST ***

Code:

AmdTools64.sys Mon Apr 28 22:33:39 2008 (4816036B)
AtihdW76.sys Fri May 11 13:55:40 2012 (4FACCD04)
BazisVirtualCDBus.sys Mon Aug 8 23:41:12 2011 (4E4026C0)
HECIx64.sys Tue Jul 3 03:44:58 2012 (4FF21D62)
HWiNFO64A.SYS Thu May 10 18:35:19 2012 (4FABBD0F)
L1C62x64.sys Thu Jul 19 08:25:34 2012 (50077726)
MijXfilt.sys Sat May 12 09:57:12 2012 (4FADE6A0)
MpFilter.sys Fri Aug 24 04:33:14 2012 (5036B6B2)
ViaHub3.sys Fri Jan 20 10:09:13 2012 (4F18EFF1)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 21:48:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
atikmdag.sys Tue Oct 23 07:53:58 2012 (5085FFBE)
atikmdag.sys Fri Sep 28 07:44:57 2012 (50650821)
atikmpag.sys Tue Oct 23 07:57:36 2012 (50860098)
atikmpag.sys Fri Sep 28 06:42:52 2012 (5064F994)
dump_iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 17 02:02:56 2012 (502D58F8)
iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 17 02:02:56 2012 (502D58F8)
iaStorF.sys Fri Aug 17 02:02:59 2012 (502D58FB)
intelppm.sys Tue Jul 14 04:49:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
iusb3hcs.sys Mon May 21 12:53:42 2012 (4FB9ED7E)
iusb3hub.sys Mon May 21 12:51:36 2012 (4FB9ED00)
iusb3xhc.sys Mon May 21 12:51:40 2012 (4FB9ED04)
mv_process.sys Tue Feb 22 14:52:20 2011 (4D63804C)
mvs91xx.sys Thu Jan 19 12:21:00 2012 (4F17BD54)
mvxxmm.sys Thu Jan 19 12:20:44 2012 (4F17BD44)
snapman.sys Wed Mar 9 18:52:38 2011 (4D777F1E)
speedfan.sys Fri Mar 18 21:38:46 2011 (4D83838E)
timntr.sys Thu Jul 29 22:59:24 2010 (4C51BA74)
viahduaa.sys Fri Aug 3 07:01:13 2012 (501B29E1)
vididr.sys Tue Apr 12 17:01:24 2011 (4DA4380C)
vsflt53.sys Tue Apr 12 17:01:35 2011 (4DA43817)
xhcdrv.sys Fri Jan 20 10:09:02 2012 (4F18EFE6)
xusb21.sys Wed Apr 8 19:58:44 2009 (49DCB49C)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AmdTools64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdW76.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=BazisVirtualCDBus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HWiNFO64A.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=L1C62x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MijXfilt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MpFilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ViaHub3.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
dump_iaStorA.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorF.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iusb3hcs.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iusb3hub.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iusb3xhc.sys
mv_process.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mvs91xx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mvxxmm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/dr... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/263701-bsod-when-running-wei-0xa0000001-atikmdag-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My DELL M1330 is randomly crashing (always BSOD)
I changed the wifi card, the battery, and the RAM Module (I've just bought crucial 4Gb kit).
I reinstalled Windows 7, and I installed the minimal drivers :
- gpu drivers from the nvidia website
- Rocoh drivers from a website on the net (the drivers on dell pages is just for windows XP)
- Synaptics from their website
- Logitech drivers
And that's all.

I uploaded the file as suggested

Please help me

A:BSOD dxgmms1.sys randomly

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 927acec6, 903329f0, 903325d0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::StartPreparation+c )

Code:
Usual causes: Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control

Code:
EXCEPTION_RECORD: 903329f0 -- (.exr 0xffffffff903329f0)
ExceptionAddress: 927acec6 (dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::StartPreparation+0x0000000c)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 00000001
Parameter[1]: 112a2c51
Attempt to write to address 112a2c51
It appears that a device driver has attempted to access and write to a invalid memory address.

Code:
1: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
91e10000 926e3000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Fri Jun 21 10:03:10 2013 (51C416CE)
CheckSum: 008A7D0D
ImageSize: 008D3000
I would roll back to a older WHQL driver, which is available to download from here - NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Remove:

Code:

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below : Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

Daemon Tools uses a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7. It is recommend you remove this program, and use Windows own in-built features or ImgBurn.

Where did you download the drivers from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297301-bsod-dxgmms1-sys-randomly.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently reformatted and reinstalled everything on my computer I was using Windows -bit with the release candidate After backing up my important files and reformatting both hard drives I installed Windows Ultimate -bit Before the reformat I was having trouble with my computer restarting usually with a blue screen once and only once every time I started my computer for the first time during the day This blue screen does not happen on regular restarts or if my computer has just been off for a few minutes One more note I have tested my RAM multiple times for errors and everything comes up clear So now after the reformat and the new -bit OS I am getting the same problem Almost every time the crash happens it has a new or different error message To try to find the source of these problems I installed WhoCrashed to try to help WhoCrashed now computer start-up? ntoskrnl.exe crashing once on has a list of crashes and ntoskrnl.exe crashing computer once on start-up? almost every one of them the one exception currently being from a firewall I had that clashed with the anti-virus points at ntoskrnl exe as the source of the problems Here are the examples Quote Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Mon your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x xFFFFF x xFFFFF E x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product MicrosoftR WindowsR Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Thu your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF E xFFFFF F x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product MicrosoftR WindowsR Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Wed your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF E xFFFFF DE F x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product MicrosoftR WindowsR Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Fri your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x F x x x F xFFFFF B Error UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product MicrosoftR WindowsR Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Thu your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x F x x x F xFFFFF F Error UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product MicrosoftR WindowsR Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time As you can see there are different error messages which I ca... Read more

A:ntoskrnl.exe crashing computer once on start-up?

Hello,

I would recommend opening an elevated command prompt and entering sfc /scannow

That will scan your system files and make sure they are healthy.

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/62053-ntoskrnl-exe-crashing-computer-once-start-up.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Zip File https skydrive live com redir resi D A E I used freezes randomly + ntoskrnl.exe Computer problem a program called BlueScreenView to find out the possible cause for the BSOD's and it says both crashes come from ntoskrnl exe Now instead of the computer blue screening it will freeze randomly and a buzzing noise will happen inside my headset forcing me to restart my computer Also another worrisome problem sometimes after turning my computer off it will not boot I can see the the power LED on my motherboard when it is turned off so i know there is power and I can also see the fans on my power supply processor and gfx card radeon hd all turn on so I have no idea what is going on Sytem Specs bit Computer randomly freezes + ntoskrnl.exe problem Windows Home Premium Original OS is installed an OEM Comp is almost years old however I had it sent Computer randomly freezes + ntoskrnl.exe problem to manufacturer Computer randomly freezes + ntoskrnl.exe problem under warranty to get it fixed and to my knowledge the replaced pretty much everything inside it other than the gfx card I put in myself Reinstalled the OS after getting the comp back from manufacturer about - months ago

A:Computer randomly freezes + ntoskrnl.exe problem

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the full crash reports. Those reports will help us help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238084-computer-randomly-freezes-ntoskrnl-exe-problem.html
Relevancy 63.21%

hi guys im new in here and English is not my main language so st of all im ntoskrnl.exe,etc ATIKMDAG.sys 0x50, BSOD (ASUS k42JA) sorry for bad my bad English im using laptop Type ASUS K JA RAM x gb corsair VGA ati radeon gb CCC beta HDD gb rpm stock anti virus Kaspersky internet security os Windows home premium bit BSOD ATIKMDAG.sys 0x50, ntoskrnl.exe,etc (ASUS k42JA) i have some trouble with my laptop this occur for a while and kinda disturbing Every time i play games or just idling i get some eror like ATIKMDAG sys eror x and my laptop just freeze and i must force shut down and when i reboot it just need to start up repair and it happen a lil bit often especially when playing diablo but in past days it always happen when im idling or a few minute after log in i run mem diagnosis tools for about hours and it only said that there a problem with my memory so i think its the ram so i change with the stock ram gb and it stop for a while than the BSOD ATIKMDAG sys error x happen again so i RMA the ram and then clean uninstall Catalyst center and replace with the new Catalist version and for a while seems fine but today it happen again with ATIKMDAG SYS error but only happen once when i check with blue screens viewer event viewers it show some kernel error a ntoskrnl exe c b LMS services cannot connect to MEI driver and for now i got random BSOD or sometimes freeze or sudden restart when i check system and tried to refresh windows index there a notification that theres a new hardware detected but every time i tried to re run assement it failed it says that windows couldnt measure video playback performance Last thing i remembered is i left my laptop updating windows update but when i got back the laptop was off and the charger wont work and when i check the charger was dead so i replace with the new one and after that this BSOD just start to happening i attach a file for review Thanks in advance i really hope this only software related not hardware and let me know if u need extra information because im not very good at IT regards

A:BSOD ATIKMDAG.sys 0x50, ntoskrnl.exe,etc (ASUS k42JA)

Check you RAM again.
In elevated command prompt

Code:
sfc/scannow
No integrity violations?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291858-bsod-atikmdag-sys-0x50-ntoskrnl-exe-etc-asus-k42ja.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, this started after i took out my MSI 5770 card and put in ASUS 7770, i just swapped nothing more, didnt think i would need to install new drivers, then this started and happens when im running a bot in diablo3.

ive tried uninstalling the driver, install the newest, install the beta driver, tried using driver sweeper to clean out everything AMD/ATI then install the beta drivers, but still it happens

yesterday i ran the game with the bot and it was fine so i thought i had fixed it with the driver sweeper, but when i woke up this morning the computer had BSOD.
so im coming here and see if i can do anything, thinking about formating the C: and reinstall w7

A:Bsod after changing the video card. atikmdag.sys,ntoskrnl.exe and more

Could please post the following report:

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

There seems to be a problem with your Windows installation. Please follow the Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions. Post the results in your next post; do not start a new thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289849-bsod-after-changing-video-card-atikmdag-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-more.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello from Belgium,

A friend keeps getting BSOD. Very random. One time while playing online games, sometimes when the computer is just on, others when surfing,...
I can't figure out what to do.

I've updated all the drivers with driver genius but the blue screens keep coming.

Attachements: 1 text file from BluescreenView and all the dump files in one rar file.

If anyone can help, thank you!

A:BSOD ntoskrnl, atikmdag, win32k, dxgmms, fltmgr,..

Other info:

I've allready tested the hardware with memtest86 and S&M stress test, no faults came out of it...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245520-bsod-ntoskrnl-atikmdag-win32k-dxgmms-fltmgr.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm using Windows X Ultimate updated with all security patches I started getting BSOD's about weeks ago I only got one about every days Now they occur - times a day BlueScreenView points to SCSIPORT sys atikmdag sys dxgkrnl sys netbt sys and ntoskrnl exe as the culprits I rolled my computer back to an image I made months ago and updated Windows with all the latest patches I then got more BSOD's a few hours later The latest one was caused by SCSIPORT sys according dxgkrnl.sys, netbt.sys, BSODs: SCSIPORT.sys, atikmdag.sys, ntoskrnl to BlueScreenView I read some reports on the net that atimdag sys and dxgkrnl sys are related to my graphics card I checked them in my system driver folder and the file properties said Microsoft on them so i'm not sure if my video card driver uses them I'm using an AMD Radeon HD video card I'm using the next to the latest version of Catalyst BSODs: SCSIPORT.sys, atikmdag.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, netbt.sys, ntoskrnl Control Center for my video card If I update to the latest version then I have no audio on my Samsung TV when using an HDMI cord I tried trouble shooting it but was unsuccessful I ran a memory check at boot using Windows memory check feature BSODs: SCSIPORT.sys, atikmdag.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, netbt.sys, ntoskrnl and it said no errors were found I also ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I'm not positive my video card is at fault so BSODs: SCSIPORT.sys, atikmdag.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, netbt.sys, ntoskrnl I would be most grateful if someone more knowledgeable could have a look at the minidumps Maybe some other firmware on my machine also needs updated It's hard for me to says since a different drivers has been indicated with each BSOD I enclose all the minidumps I have so you could look at them if needed Thank you so much for you help Mike

A:BSODs: SCSIPORT.sys, atikmdag.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, netbt.sys, ntoskrnl

I'm going to remove my minidumps since it has been 5 days, and no one has responded. For all I know they could have information in them that should not be made public.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387421-bsods-scsiport-sys-atikmdag-sys-dxgkrnl-sys-netbt-sys-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I just signed up to the forum as mixed error ntoskrnl.exe atikmdag.sys BSOD random and I have exhausted my own efforts at solving a seemingly known issue with ATI drivers BSOD'ing my system I RDP to the effected system and use that method BSOD random ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys mixed error of the times At random occassions my system BSOD's giving a few different reasons as attached and posted below Code On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x AA Bugcheck code x xA A F B B B F xB B BE D BE xFFFFF B BC x Error CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because BSOD random ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys mixed error of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module atikmdag sys atikmdag x F Bugcheck code x B xC D xFFFFF B F xFFFFD E x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system drivers atikmdag sys product ATI Radeon Family company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver atikmdag sys ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Google query Advanced Micro Devices Inc SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION I have googled the errors and tried the fix of extracting and expanding atikmdag sy from the latest ATI driver exe then replacing the system drivers section This made no difference I have ran the diag tool from the posting guidlines and attached it to the post Any assistance or suggestions are welcome Thanks DaveSFdebugFiles-D-PC zip

A:BSOD random ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys mixed error

Since posting , I have used the driver removal tool to remove the drivers, the used ATI autodetect to install the latest driver.
Maybe this could have solved it .... ?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60975-bsod-random-ntoskrnl-exe-atikmdag-sys-mixed-error.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all,

Been getting a few BSODs over the past couple of days.

No particular time it happens, could be playing a game or browsing the net. I haven't changed any hardware and no software has been installed in this time.

Upgraded my graphics last month but thats about it.

I've uploaded a pic of a bluescreen view.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5505/capturebmn.png

And also included the seven forums zip.

Hope you guys can help, its driving me up the wall!

Thanks,

Tom

A:Random BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe, afd.sys, tcpip.sys, atikmdag.sys & win32k.s

Welcome
After you make a hardware test, post back.
Initial Hardware Diagnostics

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242872-random-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-afd-sys-tcpip-sys-atikmdag-sys-win32k-s.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey, So I built this computer a little over a year ago and for the past few months i've been getting a few random BSOD's...

They seem to normally happen when I am playing games however have happened while watching videos...Doesn't seem to happen when Being Idle.

I am running Win 7 64 Bit.
AMD Raedon HD 5770

MSI Mother Board
6gig ram
AMD Phenom Quad core.

I've attached the System Health Report and I think my dump files? Basically followed the instructions on the BSOD posting rules. If you guys need anymore information just ask!

And Thank you so much!

A:Random BSOD Ntoskrnl+6846e And atikmdag.sys+62070

Just incase the dumps aren't in that zip here are the last 4 dumps over the last 5 days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207351-random-bsod-ntoskrnl-6846e-atikmdag-sys-62070-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Just as the title suggests, my PC crashed in a game of DotA 2. No new hardware has been added, the comp is in the same state as the past few months.

A:Computer Randomly crashed during DotA 2, ntoskrnl.exe+25a30

Bumping, hoping that you computer wizards can help me

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273173-computer-randomly-crashed-during-dota-2-ntoskrnl-exe-25a30.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey all I put together my first computer a few weeks ago from parts I'd bought and things seemed to be going well until I incl: atikmdag, Unpredictable disappearing ntoskrnl and dumps BSOD, started experiencing multiple BSODs Having triple checked everything is all put Unpredictable BSOD, incl: atikmdag, ntoskrnl and disappearing dumps together right in the case and updated to the latest drivers via the manufacturers sites no beta firmwares mind just the stable stuff I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do I've also run memtest and Prime and passed both with seemingly flying colours I've tried numerous fresh installs including using other versions of windows to no avail A possible anomaly I've experienced quite a bit is that often after a restart I've noticed the files in my minidump folder often get deleted and replaced with a new culprit that said sometimes they stay there and I accrue a mass of them The common errors I see listed include ones pertaining to atikmdag I've tried clearing my drive of everything to do with ATI AMD using Driver Sweeper and reinstalling and ntoskrnl As of this post Windows Update says I'm up to date I'm hoping the experienced minds here can spot something obvious as I'm rather happy with my setup I just want it to be more stable My system particulars are listed in my profile and the necessary attachments can be grabbed below thanks in advance for taking time out of your day PS please note that at the time of running the tests I had security programs disabled but ordinarily I run MSE and Malwarebytes

A:Unpredictable BSOD, incl: atikmdag, ntoskrnl and disappearing dumps

You don't have all the necessary files attached. Please run the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app from the below link and upload the .rar file.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

The dumps may be disappearing due to CCleaner. Make sure the option to sweep dumps is unchecked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241213-unpredictable-bsod-incl-atikmdag-ntoskrnl-disappearing-dumps.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I bought a new PC about months ago Everything was fine and I played a lot of games since BSOD occures dxgmms1.sys randomly gaming while then without a single BSOD error I always downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers and updated Windows regularly apparently this was my mistake However I think it was after an Nvidia driver update that this dreadful BSODs started to appear randomly most of them -if not all- have this error about dxgmms sys They happen very rarely some times after hours of gaming or after minutes of gaming One time it appeared while I was away from PC but had paused the game using ESC This errors however never dxgmms1.sys BSOD randomly occures while gaming appear in low-GPU-power demanding games they dxgmms1.sys BSOD randomly occures while gaming have appeared only in some of high demanding games though I never experienced low fps or low-fps spikes -Watch Dogs I regret ever buying this game I'm absolutely sure that errors started to appeare first in this game and I have played lots of games and some are way more demanding like Ryse Son of Rome AC Unity etc none of which caused any BSOD errors -Shadow of Mordor only time and it was after that it had appeared in Watch Dogs I had finished this game times without a single incident but after I installed Watch Dogs and played SoM again I encountered the error in this game as well -Dragon Age Inquisition Even though my GPU temp reaches to C for straight hours or more in this game BSOD happens randomly sometimes after minutes of gaming and sometimes after hours -The Witcher Wild Hunt the most recent game I'm playing and having this problem with also I get awful lots of crashes to desktop while playing this game BTW my gaming case has fans Green X Hexagon Case and CPU temp never reaches above C while gaming so I don't think it is a temp issue although I admit my g gaming is not getting cooled like other g gamings do they never get above whereas I've reached alas is not so I don't think this would be a cause My BSOD report according to BSOD instructions thread is included most recent BSOD happened today about hours ago playing Witcher I searched myself and arrived to this conclusion that AI Suite may be the cause So I disabled it a lot of times and problem still remains with no difference Thank you in advance P S BTW I've never upgraded my GPU bios one newer version is available and I don't know how or even if I should upgrade it

A:dxgmms1.sys BSOD randomly occures while gaming

Hey and welcome to SevenForums.

Dxgmms1.sys is the DirectX driver. Update DirectX.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371504-dxgmms1-sys-bsod-randomly-occures-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Well, I get completely randomly bsod that sometimes don't even provide dump files. Regardless. They can happen whenever. Days later. Hours, Whenever. I have the latest driver 14.4 from AMD, And that's what my last computer had with no problem(I just recently re built with an intel build). I put the SF Diagnostic thingy in here named Baxterino. Pls help.

A:BSOD randomly with atikmdag.sys

Your ATI graphics driver is causing problems.

Code:
fffff880`009edbc8 fffff880`0410e324Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
atikmpag+0x9324
fffff880`009edbd0 fffff880`0f9842d7 atikmdag+0x89b2d7
Download the 13.9 driver from here then use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc. Reboot and install the 13.9 driver.

Note
When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335698-bsod-randomly-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm trying to crossfire my two 7850s but I keep getting system service exception BSODs.
I've used DDU to install new drivers. Prior to using DDU and installing new drivers, both cards worked fine by themselves.
I did try overclocking before this, but I set the values back to the normal ones, yet I still have problems.

I used the tool in Safe Mode if that matters at all.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I solved the issue by uninstalling all of my overclocking software. I think the main cause of them was MSI Afterburner. I also moved my page file to another hard drive.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys System Service Exception Code 0x3b

Originally Posted by GhostOfDawn

I solved the issue by uninstalling all of my overclocking software. I think the main cause of them was MSI Afterburner. I also moved my page file to another hard drive.

Good job!!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43481-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-atikmdag-sys-system-service-exception-code-0x3b.html
Relevancy 61.49%

O K everyone first of all thanks for the help in advance I am sick of this thing I have been getting the BSOD with the DXGMMS SYS error for a few months I have checked everything including Ram and overclocks voltages etc I even added lots of cooling and a new Watt PSU anyway I finally figured out that what ever was happening was to do with Kaspersky Internet Security either of them causes the error I had uninstalled that for a week and all was fine thought id see if anything was working so installed it and the next day the same problems with the DXGMMS SYS comes Up Anyone with any ideas Quote Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x b bc Parameter x d b Kaspersky When Is Randomly Only Appears Error DXGMMS1.SYS Installed Parameter x Caused By Driver dxgmms sys Caused By Address DXGMMS1.SYS Error Randomly Appears Only When Kaspersky Is Installed dxgmms sys d bc File Description DirectX Graphics MMS Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor -bit Crash Address dxgmms sys d bc Stack Address dxgmms sys df Stack Address dxgmms sys b Stack Address dxgkrnl sys Computer DXGMMS1.SYS Error Randomly Appears Only When Kaspersky Is Installed Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size The above is what the BlueScreenViewer tells me Appreciate any help guys Thanks

A:DXGMMS1.SYS Error Randomly Appears Only When Kaspersky Is Installed

Quote: Originally Posted by 121man

O.K everyone first of all thanks for the help in advance.

I am sick of this thing, I have been getting the BSOD with the DXGMMS1.SYS error for a few months, I have checked everything including Ram and overclocks, voltages etc...I even added lots of cooling and a new 1000 Watt PSU, anyway.

I finally figured out that what ever was happening was to do with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 / 2012 either of them causes the error.

I had uninstalled that for a week and all was fine, thought id see if anything was working so installed it and the next day the same problems with the DXGMMS1.SYS comes Up.

Anyone with any ideas?

Quote:
==================================================
Dump File : 012412-25771-01.dmp
Crash Time : 24/01/2012 13:32:52
Bug Check String : KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x1000008e
Parameter 1 : 0xc0000005
Parameter 2 : 0x827b96bc
Parameter 3 : 0x830d1b00
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : dxgmms1.sys
Caused By Address : dxgmms1.sys+1d6bc
File Description : DirectX Graphics MMS
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17554 (win7sp1_gdr.110202-1504)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : dxgmms1.sys+1d6bc
Stack Address 1 : dxgmms1.sys+1df53
Stack Address 2 : dxgmms1.sys+132b
Stack Address 3 : dxgkrnl.sys+27491
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\012412-25771-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 143,448

The above is what the BlueScreenViewer tells me.

Appreciate any help guys.

Thanks

A-Kaspersky is known to cause BSOD's

B-It is a memory exception but we need the actual DMP file to be specific

C-generic support for DirectX
Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX
These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and clic... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210327-dxgmms1-sys-error-randomly-appears-only-when-kaspersky-installed.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I originally posted a thread about this on the games forum as i thought it was GTA that was causing my PC to crashing Computer randomly crash However it s now been happening randomly while I m just doing work on it What s happened is that I upgraded my mobo and CPU about - months ago Everything has been running fine until Friday when Computer crashing randomly my PC had its first momentous crash While I m using the puter it will suddenly freeze totally Nothing works not Ctrl-Alt-Del nothing The only thing I can do is hit the reset button I work from home and this has happenned four times today alone What s confusing me is that I have changed nothing about my PC for this to suddenly start happening I m not suddenly running any more demanding software and I m not expecting it to burn CDs run Unreal Tourney and juggle firesticks all at once Most of the time I m just trying to run Dreamweaver Excel and Word at the same time I ve given up trying to play games at all I ve checked my CPU temperature on start-up which seems fine about F Because I originally thought the problem was just with games I ve also installed the latest graphics card drivers and instaled DirectX None of this has helped I m running an Athlon XP CPU on an ECS mobo with MB of RAM and a GeForce MX card MB RAM I ve got a gig HD which is less than half-full I seriously need some help on this It doesn t take much to get me stumped when it comes to computers - so this is driving me crazy nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone i apologize if this topic has already been posted although this is my first time here About two weeks ago my computer has started to random shut off i thought nothing of it the first couple of times but it seems to have gotten worse I will randomly Computer crashing hear a quiet sometimes loud second beep through my headphones and the computer will completely shut off Afterwards when i try to start it back up it will usually crash within a couple of seconds sometimes it will continue to run for the majority of the day It tends to be quite random at times when Computer randomly crashing i restart it it will not start up until i enter the bios save it and leave I ve seen the CPU tempature peak at F a couple of times although i m not exactly sure if that s normal or bad Basically i m seeking help to figure out of this is a Computer randomly crashing hardware or software problem and how i should go about fixing this Any information would be appreciated thanks in advanced nbsp

A:Computer randomly crashing

Yes it's heat. That's critically hot for any cpu, AMD or Pentium. I'm going to guess it's an AMD since they tend to shutdown, while Pentium's slow down. But motherboard alarms can trigger the shutdown either way.

Shutdown completely, remove the case and use a can of compressed air to blow out any accumulated dust and grime. Then start it up and see if the fan is working. It may need replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-crashing.347585/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey i have been gettin this problem that keeps happening from a range of 1-60 minutes of my computer being on..

First sign it would run slow but my CPU Usage would be at 1 or 2% like my computer isnt trying to load a game.

Second sign my sound would lock up and constantly spam the sound it last herd and make my computer run even slower then it already is.

Third and final sign would be my computer would lock up but whats weird is i can move the mouse but everything else wouldnt move.

Now the only thing i did differently was keep my computer on for like 5 or 6 days so im not sure if thats the issue but please please help because its really annoying when im trying to work on somethin or play a game and it freezes my computer.

Thanks,
Ronnie

A:Computer is crashing randomly..

Could be hardware, or software related. Try booting in safe mode and running some security/antimalware scans. Then you can boot back in regular mode and disable some items on startup.
Or you can start with recommended hardware testing found elsewhere on this site. Strip down to the bare minimum and test from there. Do a good cleaning of the pc first.
A little searching will find a wealth of info on how to do all of this, or ask away if you can't locate what you need. And make sure to be very clear on your explanaions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-is-crashing-randomly-460201.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi

My system keeps crashing, either it fuzzes-out or just blacks out completely. Seems to happen more often when watching youtube or other video, but can still crash at anytime. FYI I am not an advanced user.

Attached is a picture of the fuzzy-crash and all my files.
Thanks for any help

A:Computer Crashing Randomly Please Help

Also, my internal clock does not update correctly. I checked the BIOS and returned to default settings. Did not see improvement. I don't know if this is related.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249410-computer-crashing-randomly-please-help.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey there i ve somewhat recently built myself a new gaming rig due to my old system being horribly outdated and unreliable and from day one of using the new computer i ve had some problems with crashing Basically the computer crashes AT LEAST once per day and is seemingly randomly crashing Computer undetectable as to when this happens the only Computer crashing randomly thing intensifying the crashing seems to be streaming videos online ie youtube facebook dailymotion videos etc A friend of mine had compiled the list of parts that i would use to build the computer and also did the majority Computer crashing randomly of assembling which i cannot notice any problems with by looking at the inside of the tower This same friend after hearing about constant crashing problems and unreliability as to when it would crash had suggested a problem with the system s memory but after swapping out HDD s and even installing an SSD the problem still seems to be as prevalent as ever and since i m almost out of options i ve decided to turn to the wisdom of the internet in the hopes of finally resolving this issue I m not quite sure as to what the problem s may be but i m still optimistic about the outcome anyhow here is a list of my system specs Corsair GB RAM Western Digital TB internal HDD OCZ agility GB SSD Boot disc Win ultimate -bit OS Lite-on DVD drive Intel core i k processor Asus GeForce Gtx DirectCU II Top mb video card Antec w power supply Aerocool VX-E Pro case ASrock z PRO -M motherboard Thanks for your time mastaharro nbsp

A:Computer crashing randomly

Also forgot to mention that the HDD still has 1.6TB free, and the SSD still has 36GB free space left on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashing-randomly.1082039/
Relevancy 60.63%

My computer is an M18xr1 laptop running windows 7, 64bit. Recently my computer will just randomly crash (completely shut down) usually whilst playing games, however it doesn't happen very often. Since I've installed Battlefield 4 though it crashes about 10 seconds into the game every single time, and also it crashes when I try to install AMD_Catalyst_13.10_Mobility_BetaV2 to fix a different directX problem I had with BF4. It seems really weird, and the problem is not temperature related as I've checked it multiple times before it has crashed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-randomly-crashing-724049.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi this has been happening for the past 2-3 days already and I have no idea what the problem is. It can not be a over heat problem because my tower is not hot or anything. When it shuts down the laptop beside me starts to lag really bad so there seem to be a connection there.At first I thought it was a dust problem in my tower because I did not clean it in a long time so I cleaned out the dust from the fans and such but that was not the problem.If anyone know what is up please help.

TIA

A:Computer Crashing Randomly

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

if a component was burning to a crisp the tower will not necessarily feel warmer only the component

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-crashing-randomly-610597.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently built a new computer and have been having issues with it crashing. I have been unable to force this to happen to figure out what it is but I have been watching some type of video every time it has happened. It's not overheating as i have yet to even see any part of the computer hit over 40 C.

http://puu.sh/nVsiK/58e216d33a.jpg  (rather large picture so i didn't want to embed it.)

Upon the crash the sound locks up and skips, the screen turns blank, then it just restarts. The event view is showing this.

Error    3/26/2016 11:59:11 PM    WHEA-Logger    20    None

A fatal hardware error has occurred.
Component: AMD Northbridge
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The reading around I've done has been mainly saying to try to update the chipset drivers but I'm running windows 10 and that motherboard has no driver updates for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609069/computer-randomly-crashing/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all crashing New computer randomly I purchased the system about weeks ago On the first night the sytem freezes says it ran into an error and restarts Happened two more times after it I looked online and it said to refresh your PC and I New computer crashing randomly did All went smooth from there Tonight the system just shuts off by itself When I turn it on it gives me about - beeps and it doesn't turn on I take out the adapter from the back then turn it on to be able to turn it on At any given the time the screen can go green like the matrix on the bottom and freeze I tried a Reset not a refresh and same bleep is happening I downloaded updates now didn't even get to install them computer ran into an error The error now is about kernel I must say this that I have NOT downloaded any bad programs I only had Skype and Chrome installed Never visted a bad website never did anything bad that lets a virus in My problem is since I bought it weeks ago in Saudi Arabia I moved back to Lebanon and brought the computer with me Will my warranty be working in another country Im running a check disk from command prompt but I doubt it will help So what the heck is going on I have been sold a faulty computer What's my best options here I paid alot of money for the thing and didn't last a week Please help on what I can do to fix this My system is the Acer AZ All in One System Windows GB DDR memory Intel Core i - processor TB drive Errors that I've seen Kernel errors memory errors freezes and computer will make a noise till you shut it off green on the screen like the matrix automatic restarts

A:New computer crashing randomly

only 2 weeks old ,under warranty ,take it back to where you bought it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498937/new-computer-crashing-randomly/
Relevancy 60.63%

My computer randomly crashes fairly often after the fan begins to surge The first several times it came as a memory dump but then it simply turned off with no error message When I restart it gives the option to start in safe mode but I rarely do unless I can t have it crash again It often happens while running videos I found a post that said that it was probably a bad memory cell so I replaced upgraded my memory but it still happens if not more often At this point windows explorer is running faster than normal and every time I shut down vista installs four updates At first I thought it was weird that they kept putting out updates at this point I realize that they are the same updates What I can figure out at this point is that it is either a problem with my motherboard s circuits having a short or vista having something wrong computer My randomly keeps crashing. w it nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello TSG I ve got a relatively new custom PC around months old and I have problems with it It was put together by the same shop that sold the randomly crashing. Computer parts It recently started to crash constantly at seemingly random times Sometimes it would run fine for days without any issues at other times it would crash once every day for a few days Even the cause isn t always the same It would either give me a BSoD or simply shut down without Computer randomly crashing. any message and restart itself It s been driving me crazy lately and I really hope that you can help me fix this issue SysInfo log Tech Support Guy System Computer randomly crashing. Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Computer randomly crashing. Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z -D H Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer randomly crashing.

What are the error codes that come up on the BSOD?

You may have to disable Automatic Restart to be able to view the error code.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-crashing.1068072/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys So I've been dealing with this issue for a while now I got the point where I said muck it and went to my laptop for months and just ingnored the issue but now I'm really wanting to get it Computer Randomly crashing fixed The problem is my computer crashes on me randomly There's been a lot done leading to where I'm at now so I'll explain what I've done so far - Computer was showing a blank screen replaced video card Turns out the monitor died on me at the same time replaced monitor - Computer Randomly crashing Image came back on screen and was able to run everything normally Computer crashes - Did a complete format of the HD and reinstalled windows I'd run a lot of virus scans etc and cleared out a ton of junk from my HD previous to getting to this step and nothing seemed to work - Finally new windows installed logged in Crashed - Tested both x gb ram sticks individually and in different slots while running windows memory diagnostic Diagnostic made it past both times then crashed ruled out bad ram bad ram slots - Ran windows memory diagnostic with HD unplugged Crashed around again - Ran crystal disk info to check HD Caution message with bad sector located - CPU temp hovering around - degrees At this point I'm not sure what the problem could be but I'm leaning towards the mother board being mucked or the power supply Could also be the CPU though the fans in my case are running and this continues to happen even with the sides of the case off giving lots of cool air My next steps are to do a good dusting of processor ps fan I don't think its a dust issue but maybe it could be a bit cooler Anyone have any advide on where I should go from here I usually just throw money at the problem but If I can find out what the problem is exactly maybe I can save a few bucks Thanks and looking forward to your replies PS windows has yet to crash in safe mode

A:Computer Randomly crashing

just a little update. cleaned fans out, ran core temp and still getting same readings. Still crashes.

took both sticks of ram out. heard 3 beet pattern so I put the ram back in.

Tried booting to windows and now it wont even let me enter safe mode, crashes 10 sec into turning computer on. If it was a power supply issue could mode some how prevent it from crashing from that? seems weird.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391852-computer-randomly-crashing.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello to everyone I just built this computer less then a month ago here are the specs OS Windows XP Professional x Motherboard Asus M A CPU AMD Phenom Quad-Core GHz Memory GB Onboard Sound PSU Antec Watt System Hard Drive Hitachi GB SATA Data Hard Drive Seagate TB SATA Video Card PCI-E Name ATI Radeon HD Memory MB Problem from the beginning The computer will randomly restart does not mater what I am doing but most of the time it will happen while browsing the web or it will do it at night or will do Crashing Randomly Keeps Computer it when I come into work and move the mouse it will just restart This has happened Since day one of building the computer not quite a month At first it would just restart with no BSOD or anything Error logs never showed anything at around the time that it would shutdown Then I turned off the System Restart on Computer Keeps Crashing Randomly failure and have been getting the BSOD screens So far with Hardware I have replaced the Motherboard Memory and PSU The first motherboard was an MSI I have even unplugged the Hard drives and still have the same problems Also I don t think it s the video card because with the MSI board it had onboard video which I tried and still had trouble I have also been running XP Pro bit and have the same trouble At first I thought it had to do with the Ethernet Driver not being correct cause I used a Linksys wireless usb adaptor and didn t seem to have any trouble it didn t restart the whole time I was using it Then I got the latest driver for the Ethernet and it ran for almost a week without restarting then I come to work and have the BSOD I have ran Driver Detective and have installed all the drivers that it says that I need and I m still having the BSOD I ve even Reinstalled the OS s on clean formatted drives Here are the Error messages from the BSOD and the windows Error message that I get after I have rebooted BSOD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP X A X X X X A DA Beginning dump of physical memory BSOD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- STOP X E XC X C AE XBA DAF X Error signature from Microsoft BCCode e BCP C BCP C AE BCP BA DAF BCP OSVer SP Product ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BSOD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- STOP X E XC X C AE XBA DAF X Error signature from Microsoft BCCode e BCP C BCP C AE BCP BA E F BCP OSVer SP Product ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BSOD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- STOP X BE XC D XBA C C X C X processr sys - Address BA C C base at BA C DateStamp b BCCode d BCP FFFFF FFF D C BCP BCP BCP FFFFF C OSVer SP Product ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Look forward to any help that I can get with this because it is driving me nuts

A:Computer Keeps Crashing Randomly

Hi .My first guess would be RAM issues...and I would take steps to confirm/refute that suspicion before doing anything else.I suggest running Memtest overnight, testing various combinations of RAM modules in all motherboard RAM slots. If you start getting errors during a run, no point in continuing with that. Stop and begin a new module/slot configuration for testing.MemTest Manual - http://hcidesign.com/memtest/manual.html Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic - http://www.memtest86.com/ Background errors on various STOP errors can be found at http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htmFWIW: Some of these errors can be drivers which are probably corrupt and thereby cause RAM errors, I don't know. I just tend to consider it best to check the RAM first.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221763/computer-keeps-crashing-randomly/
Relevancy 60.63%

I reformatted my computer a couple weeks ago in order to install my new 40GB SSD drive and ever since, my computer has been randomly crashing. It has never happened when I was actually using it, but it has happened a couple times when I'm sitting next to it. It seems to just shut off and come back on. When it turns back on, I get this dialog...

A:Computer is Randomly Crashing

This sounds like a power supply problem. Is this a laptop that might be shutting down from excess heat or possibly a bad battery and/or charger?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377270/computer-is-randomly-crashing/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey there i ve somewhat recently built myself a new gaming rig due to my old system being horribly outdated and unreliable and from day one of using the new computer i ve had some problems with crashing Basically the computer crashes AT LEAST once per day and is seemingly undetectable as to when this happens the only thing intensifying the crashing seems to be streaming videos online ie youtube facebook dailymotion videos etc A friend of randomly Computer crashing mine had compiled the list of parts that i would use to Computer crashing randomly build the computer and also did the majority of assembling which i cannot notice any problems with by looking at the inside Computer crashing randomly of the tower This same friend after hearing about constant crashing problems and unreliability as to when it would crash had suggested a problem with the system s memory but after swapping out HDD s and even installing an SSD the problem still seems to be as prevalent as ever and since i m almost out of options i ve decided to turn to the wisdom of the internet in the hopes of finally resolving this issue I m not quite sure as to what the problem s Computer crashing randomly may be but i m still optimistic about the outcome anyhow here is a list of my system specs Corsair GB RAM Western Digital TB internal HDD TB free space OCZ agility GB SSD Boot disc- GB free space Win ultimate -bit OS Lite-on DVD drive Intel core i k processor Asus GeForce Gtx DirectCU II Top mb video card Antec w power supply Aerocool VX-E Pro case ASrock z PRO -M motherboard Thanks for your time mastaharro nbsp

A:Computer crashing randomly

i prefer to see a quality 750w with the 560 gtx and not a antec,what model is it

do you have any minidumps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashing-randomly.1082041/
Relevancy 60.63%

This is the situation with Vista:

I used have a PC, not very old, which randomly started to lock-up after sometime, whether it be 5mins or 5hours. When it locks up EVERYTHING stops, there is no way to using it until you restart.

I then pretty much changed all the components inside the case, including the PSU and the case. The only old things I am using from the old PC is the mouse, keyboard and the screen.

Now the strange thing is, even after getting an almost new PC, I am still getting lockups

I've never been so stuck, really don't know what the issue is.

My brother used to use the same components I have now with no issues. He's taken my old componenets and they don't give him any problems. I have also got the latest SP1 SP2

Any suggestions.

Relevancy 60.63%

Computer Crashing Randomly - Fixed Skip Post

hello can anyone help with with the meaning of this and maybe a answer.

My computer blue screens randomly i have no clue why this is my bugcheck it says BAD_POOL_HEADER in blue screen.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x83519958, 0x83519980, 0x0a050011). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111205-03.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp..

Update:
Added another stick of ram in gona see how it goes

A:Computer Crashing Randomly

I had that error a few times when my RAM timmings were set too aggressively. Or it could be bad RAM or a hardware failure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-randomly.37849/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, first post so I hope I have everything in order. I used the SF diagnostic tool and will be uploading the zip file. Laptop computer is about 2 months old and running fantastically but sometimes while doing some reading for class, the Blue screen appears and says SYSTEM_THREAT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED followed by atikmdag.sys as the error message. I would blame the problem on having too many tabs open or having a lot of programs open but even when at 2 tabs and no additional programs running, it crashed. I'm relatively new to the nitty gritty of computers so any help would be appreciated. Must I provide any additional information?
Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD 2x a day, error atikmdag.sys, occurs randomly

Hi elksooz & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I am extremely sorry for the late response. There are not enough analysts. Do you still need help with your problem? If you still need help with this, kindly reply back to this topic and I would reply within 48 hours and will be notified by email.
-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60512-bsod-2x-day-error-atikmdag-sys-occurs-randomly.html
Relevancy 60.2%

my computer randomly crashes during any download process excluding web pages, it cannot be the ram as i have put new ram in , (yes it is supported i checked) and a new processor , this never occoured before my new processor but im not sure how it can be my processor its new? , any ideas people?

win 7 ultimate

ECS RS482-M (V1.0A)

socket 939 AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core 3800+ 2.00GHz

2gb of DDR-SD ram

Nvidia geforce 8400 GS

A:Computer crashing randomly during any download

Is it crashing like the programs are crashing or is it crashing like a blue screen or shutdown?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-randomly-during-any-download.150012/
Relevancy 60.2%

-Windows 7 Professional
-32 Bit SP1
-Full Clean Install

Has been installed for approx 3 years. Last week after some updates the computer randomly gets a Blue Screen error and shuts down. Any help would be appreciated. I have attached the files as per requested.
Thanks.

A:Computer Crashing Randomly After Update

Memory corruption (probably caused by one of these drivers from 2007)

Code:
ADIHdAud.sys 8/3/2007 2:28:43 PM
DLADResM.SYS 7/23/2007 6:04:10 PM
DLAOPIOM.SYS 7/23/2007 6:03:19 PM
DLABMFSM.SYS 7/23/2007 6:02:42 PM
DLABOIOM.SYS 7/23/2007 6:02:37 PM
DLAUDFAM.SYS 7/23/2007 6:02:20 PM
DLAUDF_M.SYS 7/23/2007 6:01:56 PM
DLAPoolM.SYS 7/23/2007 6:01:41 PM
DLAIFS_M.SYS 7/23/2007 6:01:39 PM
DRVMCDB.SYS 7/23/2007 5:53:48 PM
DLACDBHM.SYS 7/23/2007 5:49:30 PM
DLARTL_M.SYS 7/23/2007 5:48:47 PM
DRVNDDM.SYS 7/23/2007 5:42:35 PM

How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:

Driver verifier

Quote:

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in a... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219555-computer-crashing-randomly-after-update.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer is randomly crashing during the night OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon during is the Computer night randomly crashing HD Series Mb Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd P -S G x x Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus Updated Computer is randomly crashing during the night and Enabled Since it s during the night I haven t been able to see the error but the minidump is Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is Invalid Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path Use symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path After setting your symbol path use reload to refresh symbol locations Executable search path is Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath Unable to load image SystemRoot system ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff a PsLoadedModuleList xfffff c Debug session time Thu Jun GMT System Uptime days Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath Unable to load image SystemRoot system ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E ffffffff fffff e fffffa Unable to load image SystemRoot system drivers ataport SYS Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ataport SYS ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ataport SYS Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt KPRCB Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt KPRCB Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt KPRCB Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt KPRCB Your debugger is not using the ... Read more

Relevancy 60.2%

So the type of crash I m talking about is when I m doing something on the computer anything Computer completely randomly. crashing EXCEPT running a full-screen Computer completely crashing randomly. game so far at any rate but I play those for hours at a time and suddenly my mouse can t move the screen does not change and the only way to shut of my computer is by unplugging it holding down the power button long enough for the cpu to cut the power to the modem No other way works as far as I know and there is no way to unfreeze it At first I assumed it was just some very occasional thing because it only happened as windows XP was loading up at the beginning and that it was a hardware issue due to my computer being old Of course this might be the case but I want to make absolutely sure if it is Summary Computer crashing on startup or a random time after I get on anywhere from minutes to hours I read the before you post guide and ran a DDS scan and am running a GMER scan but since this part said not to post logs just tell me if I should do anything with them These have become more frequent over the past two weeks or so to the point that it s seriously hampering my ability to do things on the computer Any and all help is greatly appreciated Thank you very much Blaster

A:Computer completely crashing randomly.

Crashes (BSOD), unexpected shutdowns, sudden freezing, random restarting, and booting problems could be symptomatic of a variety of things to include hardware/software issues, overheating caused by a failed processor fan, bad memory (RAM), failing or underpowered power supply, CPU overheating, motherboard, video card, faulty or unsigned device drivers, CMOS battery going bad, BIOS and firmware problems, dirty hardware components, programs hanging or unresponsive in the background, and sometimes malware. Even legitimate programs like CD Emulators (Daemon Tools, Alchohol 120%, Astroburn, AnyDVD) can trigger crashes, various stop error messages and system hangs. If the computer is overheating, it usually begins to shutdown/restart on a more regular basis. Troubleshooting for these kinds of issues can be arduous and time consuming. There are no shortcuts.When Windows XP detects a problem from which it cannot recover, it displays Stop Error Messages which contain specific information that can help diagnose and resolve the problem detected by the Windows kernel. An error message can be related to a broad number of problems such as driver conflicts, hardware issues, read/write errors, and software malfunctions and malware. In Windows XP, the default setting is for the computer to reboot automatically when a fatal error or crash occurs. You may not see the error code because the computer reboots too fast. An easier alternative is to turn off the automatic reboot feature so you can actually see the error code/STOP Message when it happens - this is also known as the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD). To change the recovery settings and Disable the Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows XP, go to Start > Run and type: sysdm.cplClick Ok to open System Properties.Alternatively you can just press WINKEY + Pause/Break keys to bring up System Properties.Go to the Advanced tab and under "Startup and Recovery", click on the "Settings" button and go to "System failure".Make sure "Write an event to the system log" is checked and that "Automatically restart" is unchecked.Click "OK" and reboot manually for the changes to take effect.This can also be done in the Windows Advanced Options Menu as shown here here by pressing the F8 key repeatedly like you would do for entering safe mode.Doing this won't cure your problem but instead of crashing and restarting you will get a blue diagnostic screen with an error code (as shown in this example) and other information to include file(s) that may be involved which will allow you to better trace your problem. Write down the full error code and the names of any files/drivers listed, then provide that information in your next reply so we can assist you with investigating the cause. Without that specific information, we would only be guessing rather than troubleshooting.When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your computer? Dust restricts the airflow and prevents proper cooling. This in turn can cause overheating and faulty processor fans which can result in unexpected shutdowns, random restarts, booting problems, etc. If you use a notebook, they get dirty too and need to be cleaned.Clean out the vents on the computer with a can of compressed air using short bursts to ensure that they are not clogged with dust.Unplug the computer and everything from the back of the unit (be sure to note where to plug it back in).Open the case and clean out any dust and debris you find inside. Be careful not to aim the compressed air directly at the circuit board or electronic components.Important! Be sure to discharge any static electricity BEFORE you touch any of the components by touching the bare metal inside surface of the case. Do this FREQUENTLY while you are working.Check all the electrical connections and make sure the fans are all operational.Remove the cards and RAM modules, clean the contacts and reseat them.Check the heat sink on the processor to ensure it is not blocked with dust or debris.Remove t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324373/computer-completely-crashing-randomly/
Relevancy 60.2%

My comp has been BSOD or it will just freeze up and do nothing. Only been happening since friday night. Seems to run fine but if i start to game or do anything will last for a bit and then crash or freeze. Ran memtest and my memory seemed fine. Also reinstalled my graphics card drivers but that didnt seem to help. Hope i did this right kinda a noob...

Running Windows 7 home 64 bit

Specs
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6870
Memory: 8.00 GB

A:BSOD Computer keeps randomly crashing.

Stop 0x124 is a hardware error

If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.

If you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).

Quote:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events.
Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:

8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine.
Reseat all connectors and memory modules.
Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227463-bsod-computer-keeps-randomly-crashing.html
Relevancy 60.2%

HI again I used Hijackthis to do a scan and here is the result I'm not sure if i've posted it in the right place or if this is needed to stop the ongoing crashing I've recently run Adaware and removed Alexis the problem is still ongoing Any help would be great Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C crashing randomly Hijackthis for computer! a WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Hijackthis for a randomly crashing computer! WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall ccPxySvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System RunDll exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings William Neal Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run OemReset systemroot OPTIONS OEMRESET EXE AUDIT O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation Service ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Proxy Service ccPxySvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall ccPxySvc exe O - Service iPod Service - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service Norton Personal Firewall Accounts Manager NISUM - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE O - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe O - Service Cricket Drivers Auto Removal pr agnqb pr agnqb - Codemasters - C WINDOWS system pr agnqb exe O - Service ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hijackthis-for-a-randomly-crashing-computer-161855.html
Relevancy 60.2%

MY computer that i built a few months ago has begun resetting entirely on its own, the computer shuts down then comes back on with a screen displaying that windows 7 could not shut down correctly. Ive checked my the power cable and its fine. I also did a virus scan and nothing major was found. I need to find out whats going on before this resetting causes damage to my hard drive or any other components!

A:Computer Randomly Resetting/Crashing.

Hi please post the specs of your self build
makes and models of the
Motherboard
Cpu
Gpu
Ram
Power supply
and which version of windows 7 ie home premium 32 bit or 64 bit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-randomly-resetting-crashing-815682.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Alright I've been having a problem for randomly times at Computer crashing a few months now I'd just be doing normal things on the computer granted I leave it on for a few Computer randomly crashing at times days at a time and the screen will just become a smear of pixels and it'll restart on me Just got one again tonight Computer randomly crashing at times which is why I'm posting now BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF FD Attached is the jcgriff information and the Resource and Performance Monitor output OS Windows x OEM version installed myself Custom-built computer hardware in it ranges from year to weeks old CPU was recently RMA'd somehow killed it while blowing dust out of the PC OS has been installed since I've had this SSD which is over a year ago now I believe Another issue I've been having and am not sure if it's related to these other random crashes since this other one I can actually reproduce at times is outlined here Google Chat opened in Chrome occasionally crashes my computer when I receive a Google Voice call - Google Chat Help Thank you

A:Computer randomly crashing at times

Remove any Zone Alarm software using the removal tool

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff880097fd320, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!StreamDataClose+9 )
Remove or upgrade to the latest version of SpeedFan as its driver is oudated

Code:
speedfan.sys fffff880`01923000 fffff880`0192a000 0x00007000 0x45168798 24/09/2006 17:26:48

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/130641-computer-randomly-crashing-times.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey, my I have a pretty nice computer and it usually runs fine. It uses windows 7 ultimate x64, 6GB of Ram, 500GB Hardrive and a nVidia GTS 250 graphics card. Sometimes though when I turn on my computer within minutes of reaching the desktop the mouse will start moving all glitchy and if I play any music or any sound is on it sounds all robotic and staticy. Today I turned on my computer then left the room for a few minutes and when I came back it had blue screened saying this..

I have never had this error pop up but my friend was saying that my problems probably had to do with something physical like with a processor. Any help how to fix this would be appreciated.. thank you!

A:Crashing/BSOD Randomly on computer start

avocado,
Welcome to SevenForums!

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236680-crashing-bsod-randomly-computer-start.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My laptop has been starting short screen comes up but not internet icon or connection Programs won t crashing Memory, Computer Startup randomly, bad start and will not turn off These Computer Memory, crashing randomly, bad Startup times there are processes running in Task Manager and every one running over k I have to unplug it every time this happens Here is the HIJack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Computer Memory, crashing randomly, bad Startup at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Computer Memory, crashing randomly, bad Startup C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Common Files Virtual Token vtserver exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ThinkPad CONNEC QCWLIcon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage SafeGuard PrivateDisk pdservice exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Client Security Solution cssauth exe C Updater exe C Program Files IPFax FaxMonitor exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA ThinkPad CONNEC QCTray exe C PROGRA LEXMAR ACMonitor X exe C PROGRA LEXMAR AcBtnMgr X exe C PROGRA SPYWAR SpywareTerminatorShield exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files ThinkPad UltraNav Wizard UNavTray EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C Program Files System Protect SysProtect Tray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system DrvMon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe C Program Files System Protect SysProtect srv exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG EXE C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Common Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files ThinkVantage SystemUpdate UCLauncherService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files IBM ThinkVantage Common Logger logmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink L... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-memory-crashing-randomly-bad-startup.768761/
Relevancy 59.34%

quot i built my desktop about years ago for the purpose of gaming and just a good computer to use didnt have that hour crashing laptop then so i bought all the parts randomly Computer keeps running crashing or when only games off newegg and put it togther now i installed everything but i cant get games to work and it proceeds to give me a BSOD in the process of years i have sent in my Mobo times to Abit sayign that something is Computer keeps crashing only when running games or randomly wrong they sent it back I ran tests on the ram nothing came up changed the graphics card times had AMD replace Computer keeps crashing only when running games or randomly my CPU once after three years i got more skillz in computer driver issues and i am positive that i installed eveyrthing correctly this time yet it still crashes when i play games sometimes it doesnt crash all the way BSOD it just quits out of games saying that there is a critical error and it must be closed i checked the heat and everything and nothing is over heating quot everytime i play games it eitehr just BSOD s me or the game quits saying that there was a critical error Normal programs like firefox and AIM also bug out alot it makes the cpu run at and i have to open task manager to close it manually Error code e parameter c parameter parameter a d parameter after posting that in another forum and got little response i went on the good old google to do my own researching Many say that it is a driver issue which i highly doubt because i changed EVEYRTHING on my computer i even took out the soundcard which caused another error others say it is a ram issue i ran memtest and got flying colors but i hear memtest doesnt find all of the errors and i might have to get more ram anyways im just making sure do i need to buy new ram to fix this problem Processor Amd Athlon XP Mobo Abit An Memory two sticks of ddr ram pc kingston s VALUERAM sigh Graphics im not quite sure i changed it alot i think its the ati radeon Soundcard i ditched that and started to use the internal mobo one cd drives i have but i forgot the speicifics of them ones a normal cdrom drive the other is a dvd burner Powersupply Watts here are about minidumps too nbsp

A:Computer keeps crashing only when running games or randomly

SYMFW.SYS a file in Symantec Firewall is one of the files causing your crashes. Uninstall Norton and use a free version of AVG and Zone Alarm. Also KMIXER.SYS caused a crash which is a sound card driver. If after you remove Norton you still get blue screens then uninstall your sound card, delete the drivers (while in safe mode) then reinstall the card and drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-crashing-only-when-running-games-or-randomly.58200/
Relevancy 59.34%

It has happened now over 2 times in 3 months. Not so much but it's still quite annoying.. I couldn't read the whole report of the bluescreen screen but it said something about memory clash or something.

BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041790
BCP2: FFFFFA8001A72F70
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

A:Computer Randomly Crashing With BlueScren of death.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible. Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229558-computer-randomly-crashing-bluescren-death.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I ve had this problem for awhile now and haven t had much luck in finding a solution The PC will suddenly power down and restart all the fans and case lighting will turn off then immediately come back on Sometimes it will turn off and on in rapid succession as the system tries to start sometimes it will hang for a long time at the initial restarting reason for no Randomly computer crashing, boot screen before giving me the message quot Reboot and Select proper Randomly crashing, computer restarting for no reason Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key quot It sometimes goes days without restarting other times it will do it two minutes after being turned on Often occurs when I m done using a resource heavy application or playing a game as the computer is winding down When it turns back on it s extremely loud It s definitely not a heat issue I run a firewall and do regular anti-virus scans defrag CCleaner general maintenance There is otherwise no Randomly crashing, computer restarting for no reason problem with the system It starts up Randomly crashing, computer restarting for no reason and shuts down fast and smoothly never hangs and has no problems playing graphically intensive games I ve updated drivers checked the HD for errors swapped out memory ran MEMTEST for hours etc This leaves no message at all in the event logs and XP doesn t even verify the files before starting back up I ve also turned off Restart Automatically on errors nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
Clean install built computer myself from scratch and fresh disk from Microsoft
First install never re-installed or installed any other OS
Computer is only 3-4 months old as well as OS

The problem I have been having is that my computer will just crash completely with no explanation. I can be doing absolutely anything or nothing at all, and my computer screen will either sometimes BSOD and give me a 1033 code or it will just go black and take like 4-5 restarts before it will even give me video to my monitor.

lemme know anything else you need me to tell you about, or any other files i need to attach and how to get them.

A:Computer crashing seemingly randomly and consistently

Hello CraftyWeasel & Welcome to SevenForums! Oh and, thanks for following the instructions with the .zip file.

That's a bunch of crashes you got there. Let's take a look at it-

BSOD Summary

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+156354 )
As you can see, one of your crashes was a cause by nvlddmkm.sys, which is a Nvidia driver. Do you have any chance to uninstall this Graphic Driver, and install the newest one?

Best Regards,
FredeGail

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/175826-computer-crashing-seemingly-randomly-consistently.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi hope every one is good computer spec win fully updated all drivers are updated and bios is upto date asus p t delux v i gb ram ocz w power supply bought months ago main drive- kingston ssd vnow series gb could it be this I hope someone could Computer itself keeps then randomly, freezing/crashing restores help me and would really appreciate it recently we had a builder round and the electricity tripped while my computer was on since then my computer constantly freezes randomly no given time really could be guessing at this time really as updates have occured as Computer keeps freezing/crashing randomly, then restores itself well recently An example is i could be browsing the web on a variety of browsers or just using the computer in general the computer will lock up sometimes allowing me to move the mouse but not being able to do anything and sometimes not being able to move the mouse it will then un freeze about - minutes later and when it frezes i could press ctrl alt amp del then the task manager will pop up when the computer has resumed it self i recently ran memtest on all the ram after around hours of testing there was Computer keeps freezing/crashing randomly, then restores itself an error on one piece another thing it could be possibly one of the updates i have run for drivers bios etc but id be clutching at straws trying to find out i have norton and malwarebytes on both find NO Viruses so i retested one at a time in the same dimm slot no problems i then tested in pairs still no problems i then retested all and this time i had no problems strange but only retested for hours at the bottom of the memtest screen it said pass complete no errors Any help would be great Thanks so much EDIT Ive just noticed something when it recenly crashed a small popup windows appeared saying windows is not responding or something similar

A:Computer keeps freezing/crashing randomly, then restores itself

anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447463/computer-keeps-freezingcrashing-randomly-then-restores-itself/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey I fixed my bsod's by downloading older graphics card driver Catalyst And now i don't get bsod's anymore but i get this quot Display driver has stopped responding and recovered quot Error message So i was trying to fix it with these instructions but then i noticed atikmdag.sys in System32\Drivers have causing files crashing? two I i have two I have two atikmdag.sys files in System32\Drivers causing crashing? atikmdag sys files in System Drivers folder So should i delete other one Or do what quot atikmdag Stopped Responding Step Download and install the latest ati graphic driver Step Then go to C Windows System Drivers and rename atikmdag sys to atikmdag sys old Step Go to ati directory usually in C ATI and find the file atikmdag sy Step Copy the file to your Desktop directory Step Open cmd exe by going to Start - gt type cmd in the search box and hit enter Step Change the directory to Desktop by typing chdir Desktop Step Then type EXPAND EXE atikmdag sy atikmdag sys Or expand -r atikmdag sy atikmdag sys Step When the expansion is complete copy the new atikmdag sys from your Desktop to C Windows System Drivers Step Restart your computer and the problem should be resolved quot Edit it was atikmpag sys and the other one was atikmdag sys im blind lol

A:I have two atikmdag.sys files in System32\Drivers causing crashing?

Are you sure both have .sys extension?

Can you post a screenshot? Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/373206-i-have-two-atikmdag-sys-files-system32-drivers-causing-crashing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all,

I've come today to hopefully fix my beloved computer. Recently, within the past week, it's been crashing with different BSOD errors: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

I'm not tech-savvy when it comes to dumpfiles or anything like that, so I'll need some guidance. First off if you guys will ask me questions to start off with, I will provide any and all information I can possible. I also have images of the hardware and MemTest86+ I can upload. We'll start off with building a foundation...

Also this may not be "permitted" but I have a link of another forum I've been asking, but that forum is a community forum whereas this one is directed straight towards BSOD errors.

The link is: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...50#post1278350
ChiefDelphi is a FIRST Robotics Forum board so it is trusted, but if there's any doubt I understand.

A:Multiple BSOD errors, computer crashing randomly.

Have a read of this Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and post your files then we can have a look
Be sure to click grab all, you may need to wait a couple minutes (depending on your system) for all logs/files to complete processing

Just had a scan of that other thread
Where are you at now/what was the outcome
Did you ever get RAM issues sorted at all

TBH it sounds like the RAM is simply faulty or incompatible
Did you try manually setting RAM voltages/timings in the bios and did you try updating bios to latest as this can improve compatibilties beyond QVL list

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293138-multiple-bsod-errors-computer-crashing-randomly.html