Windows Support Forum

Home build crash

Q: Home build crash

My son called last night to ask how to get his K build up and running again as after some Windows updates on the th it boots up to the post the Windows quot lights quot then very briefly to a blue screen with white lettering - build crash Home far too brief to read and back to Home build crash the post then to start up repair Now the start up repair does nothing I have tried the advanced options system image memory diags system restore command prompt that tels me that msconfig is not a operable program or batch file there is an error - x ffff I cannot reinstall Windows using the OEM disk in fact I cannot get past that system repair option I cannot get it to safe mode and am left with a totally bogged machine Specs Gigabyte FX board AMD CPU water cooled GB G Skill Mhz RAM very large Radeon GPU Windows Ultimate - bit - sorry but with out pulling the whole thing apart that is the most I know sons away at the moment but will get the exact specs later tonight What bothers me is that it will not boot off the OEM disk

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Home build crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Home build crash

Is the BIOS configured to boot to CD/DVD first? Have you tried other bootable media besides the OEM disc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204664-home-build-crash.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay guys I'd love some help with some issues I am having About two months ago I decided to start putting together parts to build my own rig first time builder here After scrounging around for a bit and getting the deals I liked I decided to put it all together and make my PC Since then Ive been having a lot of issues with errors and PC crashing Overall I am just looking to resolve these issues and walk away with a bit of knowledge on how to troubleshoot my PC problems st I am constantly receiving Java CRASH...CRASH...CRASH Recent PC Build. crashes Pandora Grooveshark Youtube periodically throughout the day nd My graphics will freeze up momentarily when viewing sites such as Youtube Twitch and occasionally when playing a game Starcraft rd Entire system crashes I will get blue screens - times a day within a hour period Blue screens range from quot Bad Pool Header quot errors to quot memory Management quot error Please help guys I am tired of these PC issues and if anyone could help walk me through the troubleshooting process I'd greatly appreciate it PC Specs Intel Core i - Sapphire Radeon HD Raidmax Atlas ATX- WB - Panda Power - Flying Pandas's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

A:Recent PC Build. CRASH...CRASH...CRASH

dump files might be needed for further investigation
you can refer to here: BSOD Posting instructions

oh, and welcome I'm also new here

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289048-recent-pc-build-crash-crash-crash.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, my brother just built up the following PC:

EVGA NF 680i SLi Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @3.0Ghz
2x1Gb SLi Ready DD2 RAM
XFX GeForce 8800GT 256Mb PCi-E x16
300Gb Western Digital SATA Hard Drive
DVD/DVD-RW Drive
Asaka 500W SLi Ready PSU
Tuniq Tower CPU Cooler
Antec Nine Hundred Gaming Case
Samsung 20" LCD TV/Monitor

Windows XP 32-Bit

Everything about the build seems to be fine. However the PC will crash randomly (And nearly definately if I try to play games on the thing and wierdly, try to access this site) where the sound stops and the screen garbles up.

Ive ran a burn in test with load at maximum and it comes back positive with no errors. All drivers are updated to their newest versions etc so I haven't a clue what else could be wrong.

Any ideas?

A:Crash with New Build

Two things usually cause that. heat on video card so I would try leaving side off when playing games that stress the system and if that does nothing use memtest86 on the ram. www.memtest86.org
Remember with memtest you need to do 4 full tests and each has 8 passes so this takes up to 4 hours...allow the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crash-with-new-build.695554/
Relevancy 48.16%

This was my first attempt at a new complete system build. I bought the computer off a friend in need of cash and had to replace a dead mobo and psu. Its been giving me a BSOD from the very beginning. No idea what's causing it except it seems to happen more frequently when watching a video clip or playing a game (maybe a problem with the graphics card?). All the drivers appear to be up to date.

Windows 7 64-bit 6.1.7600 Build 7600 Full retail version

Thanks so much for your help!!

A:BSOD Crash on New Build

The dmp(s) point to ntkrnlmp.exe or ntoskrnl.exe as the probable cause. We know this is not the case, as these are core OS files, and will definitely not cause a BSOD. They are just the default files the debuggers blame when they can't see a better cause. We need to enable Driver Verifier to help pinpoint the faulting module...

- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa80009a2180, ffff, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+33906 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa80009a21b0, ffff, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+33906 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138341-bsod-crash-new-build.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok lets see:
you can have the dmp report and the XML with all the system specs on it.
Fast Reading Specs:
Core i7 2.6
Asus P6T Deluxe Mobo
6GB of ram
1TB (2x 500GB Raid 0)
ATi 4870 1GB

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA80078FC028
BCP3: 00000000FA000000
BCP4: 0000000000400405
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Problem: Bluescreen obviously, but it seems to happen after a certain amount of time. but that was proven wrong with the last 2 blue screens. It blue screened at the first time boot up login screen so....
Steps taken:
-Reinstalled OS
-Uninstalled Audio Drivers
-Uninstalled Video Drivers
<----------------------->
Windows 7 installed everything else.
I'm outta ideas. Thoughts?

A:Another Crash Win 7 7100 RC 64 Build

Ok intersting, I tried to reformat the computer and got a blue screen durring the instalation. I had no idea that could even happen. But I guess its a hardware error, thanks for everones input lol jk but if you tried to help at least then thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/19507-another-crash-win-7-7100-rc-64-build.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hey everyone, imnew here so forgive me if i did post this in the wrong section lol. Anyways on to the problem.
I recently formatted my computer and installed Windows vista ultimate 32bit, everything works. The only problem im relaly having is this annoying MSN problem, i can sign in fine, everything goes well. EXCEPT there are certain people on the list if i open a conversation with them, OR if they say anything to me...WLM crashes! like wtf? lol no matter what i do it keeps crashing whenever i open a convo with that user or if that user messages me.

Any ideas? i did try searching around, i even searched google it lead me to this site ( a thread here ) that was left unsolved with the same problem

Thanks!
sal

A:WLM 2009 build 14.0.8064.206 crash!! Help please!

Hi Sal911,

Left click on the messenger icon in your system trey. Click (open messenger).
At the right-top of your messenger, click on the help menu. You should see a
link (service status). Click on it and a live page will open in your browser. About
center of the page should be a list (Help ), with some links to help, technical support, feedback, and how to submit a bug. Tech support will be able to help,
and you should probably file a bug report.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/221435-wlm-2009-build-14-0-8064-206-crash-help-please.html
Relevancy 47.73%

OK so I have been building XP boxes for ever and now I just finished my first W X build I am getting the BSOD randomly and my gut is thinking it is the video card don't have a real reason to suspect it just my gut Any hoo here is my system MB GIGABYTE GA-P New Crash...semi W7 Build NOOB A-UD LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard CPU Intel Core i - Lynnfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor BX I RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL VIDEO MSI N GTX CYCLONE GD OC GeForce GTX Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI W7 New Build Crash...semi NOOB Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card HD Western Digital VelociRaptor WD HLFS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Optical Drive ASUS DRW- B W7 New Build Crash...semi NOOB ST BLK B AS Black SATA X DVD Burner Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Case COOLER MASTER HAF I have attached the files as requested in this thread W7 New Build Crash...semi NOOB http www sevenforums com crashes-d tructions html I am really at a loss and need this machine sorted so I can use it to finish a big project at work Thanks again Steve

A:W7 New Build Crash...semi NOOB

Forgot to mention. This is a brand new install and build of a W7 X64 Enterprise edition. Seems I am getting the BSOD when I do some directX viewing, and I got a random IE8 lockup..but it corrected on it's own after about 20 seconds.

Thanks again guys...looking forward to seeing what the log files have to say.

Best

Steve

Forgot to add that I got the BSOD on 2 occasions with a fresh boot and playing with the screen saver settings...thus my video card concerns. It's 11PM here and I am going home for the night...hope to get some good replys in the morning

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124009-w7-new-build-crash-semi-noob.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Any one have the same problem i upgrade my pc build a new i7 shylake 6700k build my specs yea i7 6700k asus Maximus rog ranger motherboard 16gb ddr4 asus matrix 980ti Platinum 6gb video card 900watt 80+ psu i was runing win 8.1 pro retail ran fine i wanted to use dx12 on games so i upgrade to 10 pro now my pc crash idling or watching netflix crash to white screen so i test my gpu ram nothing worng crash when keyboard and mouse not touched unistall drivers install new drivers up date to latest bios same crash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-upgrade-crash-new-build.1168573/
Relevancy 47.73%

Good day This is my first build and I have next to no idea what I'm doing A friend recommended and helped me through the process and here I sit This setup runs fantastic EXCEPT when I play games R GRAW Counter-Strike Source all crash on me - usually within the first minutes of play Here's the message Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm by a : Build Crash New beginner Gaming your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP Gaming Crash : New Build by a beginner FFFFFA AE E BCP FFFFFA F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Drivers are all updated - and when I reinstalled everything - it helped a little bit but it still happens I'm going to try out XP Pro today - but I'd rather not waste any time on this so if anybody has a clue as to what might be happening please reply and remember that you've have to simplify everything because I'm new at this Thanks

A:Gaming Crash : New Build by a beginner

Have you Overclock your PC?

Have you tested your RAM with Memtest or similar to see if one or more of your sticks is the culprit?

Have your check your Video Card (GPU) & CPU for temps? Lots of freeware to use

You say you reinstalled your drivers, did you also uninstall the PhysX drivers that come with your video drivers? if not, this may cause some sort of corruption on your install. Nvidia has a driver sweeper, download it to a safe folder, download their latest 181 drivers to the same folder, uninstall your current drivers, DO NOT restart, uninstall your PhysX drivers as well, now Restart, as soon as you are back at your desktop, use the Nvidia Driver sweeper to get rid of any driver remants on your registry.

Go to the folder where you have your drivers, right click on the file and "Run as Administrator" and follow instructions (pretty much straight forward from here).

Also, make sure your Monitor has x64 drivers, you can verify this by going to Device Manager and Under Monitors, it should list a Generic Non-P&P and your Samsung, if it list 2 Generics P&P, then you are not using a x64 driver for it and this may cause problems as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/203784-gaming-crash-new-build-beginner.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

I'm new to the world of Windows 7, so when my old PC bit the dust, I thought it was well worth getting something capable of running it.

My new PC seemed nice & happy, but is freezing up at random points. I don't get a BSoD, just a frozen screen, mouse and keyboard, and end up having to reboot using the Off switch.

I've attached the logs & dumps, as normally requested. If anybody can help me crack this, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers
Col.

A:Freeze/Crash at random times - New build PC

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Follow it, step by step.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255837-freeze-crash-random-times-new-build-pc.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey there everyone I've been a long time lurker on seven forums and have used the info on your theads to get System BSOD's crash, on HTPC build new my google chrome working when win first came out System crash, BSOD's on new HTPC build However this time I've decided to Move out of Tom's hardware threads and post here for a conclusive answer I have put together a build some time back since july its been giving me BSOD's This only happens when i ahve a portable USB HDD connected to the USB port - whether front panel or back panel header I still get a BSOD I did a fresh install of Win x with the latest device drivers from Intels and Realtek's site System specs Intel i - stock ECS System crash, BSOD's on new HTPC build H H -M Black deluxe mobo GB x GB Twinmos DDR MHz dunno the voltages since the sticker doesn't say anything apart from CL but I'm assuming its V - V x GB Seagate formerly maxtor HDD OS x TB Samsung HDD for movies and media drive LiteOn DVD -RW Thermaltake Toughpower W PSU The PSU and GB HDD were hand downs from me to this rig my pals Now everytime I connect the portable USB HDD to the port I can run a movie from the device but after a while it gives a BSOD When running a movie from the desktops HDD there is no such hickup Now With all this digging I've learn't that BSOD's can happen from a grounding issue BSOD's can happen with a driver failure or badly written drivers BSOD's can happen due to heat issues BSOD's can happen from a faulty hardware BSOD's can happen from USB devices as well But i want to get to the bottom of this problem Otherwise I can't get back to what I'm supposed to be doing I'm one of those people who needs to solve the vcurrent problem then move on to other things I'm sorry for the long post but this BSOD thingy is getting to my hope these files help lemme know if you need anything else or what else i can do from here on Is Windows - x - installed after connecting the parts - retail - What is the age of system hardware - months - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS - months - yes multiple times Thanks

A:System crash, BSOD's on new HTPC build

Quote: Originally Posted by Lutfij

Hey there everyone, I've been a long time lurker on seven forums, and have used the info on your theads to get my google chrome working when win7 first came out.

However, this time, I've decided to Move out of Tom's hardware threads and post here for a conclusive answer.

I have put together a build some time back since july, its been giving me BSOD's. This only happens when i ahve a portable USB HDD connected to the USB port - whether front panel or back panel header, I still get a BSOD. I did a fresh install of Win7 x64 with the latest device drivers from Intels and Realtek's site.

System specs;
Intel i3-2100 @ stock
ECS H67H2-M Black deluxe mobo
4GB Twinmos DDR3 1333MHz (dunno the voltages since the sticker doesn't say anything apart from CL9) but I'm assuming its 1.5V +/- .075V
1x 250GB Seagate(formerly maxtor HDD) OS
1x 2TB Samsung HDD for movies and media drive
LiteOn DVD +/-RW
Thermaltake Toughpower 600W PSU

The PSU and 250GB HDD were hand downs from me to this rig..my pals.

Now everytime I connect the portable USB HDD to the port, I can run a movie from the device but after a while, it gives a BSOD. When running a movie from the desktops HDD, there is no such hickup.

Now;
With all this digging I've learn't that
1| BSOD's can happen from a grounding issue
2| BSOD's can happen with a driver failure(or badly written drivers)
3| BSOD's can happen due to heat issues
4| BSOD's can happen from a faulty hardware
5| BSOD's can happen from USB devices as well

But i want to get to the bottom of this problem. Otherwise I can't get back to what I'm supposed to be doing... I'm one of those people who needs to solve the vcurrent problem then move on to other things.

I'm sorry for the long post, but this BSOD thingy is getting to my.

hope these files help, lemme know if you need anything else or what else i can do from here on.

Thanks!

Hi Lutfij welcome to SF

Please upload here you minidumps by following these steps,

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179753-system-crash-bsods-new-htpc-build.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I didn t really see a clear cut quot help desk quot or quot request some support quot section so i think I will try here Sorry if it isn t the right forum So ok so I have been having one issue since the new build it didn t start right away it started about days ago complete new build roughly days ago my first one Random freeze or total crash I am not getting any blue screens of total Random freeze new or crash build on death If it freezes it literally freezes and i cant do anything to get out of it but a hard reboot power button for secs If it crashes the whole system goes down then idles at an almost start-up screen stays black though and it doesnt enter the boot cycle When this happens I can press the reset button on the front of the unit and the machine boots right up In each scenario I get the select an option of how to boot Random freeze or total crash on new build up screen i always just select quot Start Windows Normally quot and it boots right into windows Sometimes this will Random freeze or total crash on new build happen Random freeze or total crash on new build twice in a night sometimes it wont happen for days It feels random I do feel like the only constants are the following Asus monitoring OC ing software I dont do any overclocking everything stays at default settings EVGA Precision OC Monitoring Software Again no oc ing just use for monitoring AVG Anit-virus Creative Audio Console Steam Client Logitech keyboard and mouse software- I have a G amp a G i think its called setpoint or something Windows Sidebar i know it is lame but I kinda like it That is all I think I have checked my gpu temp is normally around - c I can drop this to - c by turning up the gpu fan normally set at drops the temp My CPU temp is running - c and my overall system temp is approx c I thought the first time it happened it something got too hot or I had and airflow issue so I cranked my case fans to high instead of low then it happened again so I opened the case and have had the side panel off for like days now still happening I don t think it is a heat issue at all but what can it be Any have any ideas nbsp

A:Random freeze or total crash on new build

Your overall system temperature is quite fine but as for your cpu your celcius temp range is 131-136.4 in fereinheit. I don't know what your chip is rated for but I would look into this. If it is too hot then that may be your issue right there.

Also, what is your power supply and wattage?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-freeze-or-total-crash-on-new-build.111577/
Relevancy 46.87%

As in title.

I've just built a new system with spec:

Phenom II 3.4Ghz (x4)
8Gb Patriot DDR3-1333Mhz
Gigabyte Motherboard
MSI graphics-1Ghz GPU
Seagate 500Gb Sata HD
DVD-RW Sata

On loading Vista x64bit (fresh install) to the point where it is preparing to load up for the first time I'm suffering from a recurring BSOD where there is a 0x0000007E error memory crash dump, and continues to do this on start up.

I've run memtest, all memory is fine.

Any pointers appreciated.

A:New Build Fresh Install 7E Crash Mem Dumps

Welcome

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/292944-new-build-fresh-install-7e-crash-mem-dumps.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys - new to the forum and any help would be fantastic! Just installed Windows 7 on a 1gb Samsung spinpiont, keeping my old pc set up. All was good for the first day but now I'm getting regular blue screen crashes - increasing in regularity as the pc is on a while. I wonder if it's my psu as I'm upgrading that - but otherwise really stuck!

I've attached the DM log file - hopefully all done correctly! All help gratefully appreciate

many thanks

Paul

A:New build BSOD 0x0000124 Blue screen crash - DM log uploaded!

Hi mate, welcome to 7 Forums.

That's a lot of dumps in those logs, and yeah they're all 0x124s. 0x124s denote a hardware error, and unfortunately they very rarely give any indicator as to what the problem actually is, as is the case here. The normal procedure here would be to recommend a series of hardware test to out the problematic hardware but I'd like to ask a few questions based on your initial post before we go ahead.

1: You mentioned your PSU, is there any particular reason you mention that? Is it old? Underpowered? it's not listed in your System Specs so that information could be important.

2: What type of CPU cooler do you have fitted, and is it definitely seated correctly?

3: Have you monitored your temperatures? CPU and GPU mainly?

4: What make and model RAM do you have fitted? What frequency is it set at?

Please answer these questions before we proceed testing your hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336992-new-build-bsod-0x0000124-blue-screen-crash-dm-log-uploaded.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey Everyone This is a new system build and it was working fine until a week after I had built it The first blue screen I got was when I was uploading a video to youtube and now I seem to get them randomly fairly often apart from when I m playing games which is odd just browsing the internet etc So far I ve done tests on my hard drives to see if they re healthy and they have passed HD Tune however I seem to always get blue screens when I try and upload a video to youtube from either of the hard drives I ve tried them plugged in one at a time but it doesn t blue screen when I upload from the SSD on its own this could just be a coincidence though as it blue screened with just the SSD in when I left the computer idle overnight I ve run memtest on my ram which didn t come up with any errors and I ve re-seated it just to check if it was okay I ll upload a dumps New ntoskrnl.exe? crash Computer BSOD Build Multiple zip of my Minidump now using BlueScreenView seems to point towards ntoskrnl exe but this is my first time using BlueScreenView so I m not sure if that s common or w e Another thing to add is that I seem to get program instability e g steam closing when it feels like it and chrome crashing for no reason however playing the mmo neverwinter seemed to work fine located on a different drive to the OS SDD Win Ultimate x I - BSOD New Computer Build ntoskrnl.exe? Multiple crash dumps K MSI z -g Crucial x GB mhz Ballistix RAM Samsung Pro SSD x Seagate rpm tb HDD s Asus Xonar d x Soundcard Corsair CX W MSI Geforce GTX Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD New Computer Build ntoskrnl.exe? Multiple crash dumps

There seems to be a problem with your Windows activation. Please post this report: Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303353-bsod-new-computer-build-ntoskrnl-exe-multiple-crash-dumps.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys, Got a new home build Core I5 3rd gen at 4.4GB 8gb RAM, 120 SSD with the OS, 2GB HDD for anything else, ATI 7970. Win 7 home 64 bit. When I play games, I can play for a while, then I get Game name has stopped working, or a BSOD, he's the zipped fold as requested, thanks everyone.

A:N/build all games crash to desktop or give me a blue screen

welcome aboard.
You are having a STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.

For the best result, follow theSTOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg by usasma .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252652-n-build-all-games-crash-desktop-give-me-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am trying to help one of my Cousins Overseas she is looking for an inexpensive yet powerful PC one that can allow her to run Vista OS This is going to be a Home Office PC with internet capabilities and she is also looking to be able to play with some image editing me Home/www build Help a PC... Truth be told she pretty much wants to be able to put all her pictures in thumbnail option as see them something she can't even do with the pc she now has My budget is around to smackers and so far this is what I got EVGA GSO MB OCZ w SXS PSU Things I still need to get Motherboard Intel Help me build a Home/www PC... Preferable CPU Around Ghz or so GB Mhz Ram HDD She Help me build a Home/www PC... does not need more than GB and the smaller the drive the faster it will be My very small knowledge of PC builds consists more on Gaming PC than std builds so I wouldn't even know where to start Is there anywhere that I can look for Combo prices once I know what I am looking for Thanks Fellas

A:Help me build a Home/www PC...

It looks like you're on the right track here. Here's a link to the Vista system requirements, just in case you want to reference them:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...uirements.aspx

Cheers,

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/226113-help-me-build-home-www-pc.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I builded a new pc just a few days ago and it crashes after start randomly but usually during surfing on the web .

A:Random crash on Win7 Ultimate x64 after starting custom build desktop

Welcome

Do you have an SSD? If yes, have you updated to latest firmware?

Your ATI card drivers need to be updated. Your current ones are of 2010.

Code:
Illesztőprogram c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6150, 279,00 kB (285*696 b?jt), 2010.09.29. 3:14)
Get the latest drivers from the manufacturers website

Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website

Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:
→ Disk Check

Hard drive test both short and long with:
→ SeaTools for Windows

Also the DOS version of:
→ SeaTools for DOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257814-random-crash-win7-ultimate-x64-after-starting-custom-build-desktop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i have recently rebuilt my comp due to endless re-installs of xp as it insisted on crashing all the time.

I have changed my mb and hardrives however i am still getting a problem where everything is running fine then suddenly it will shut down. I have checked the power source and that is fine as there is always a constant power led on my mb. I am running a recent version of mcafee anti and is has not found any probs previously or now.

This is realy getting very annouying now and im at the end of my teather with it. I ave done everything within my knowledge of fixing it but to no avail. I know the details im explaining are very vauge but i dont know what it is. When xp's error msg appears after it re-boots i follow the link to find out that it is a device driver error

Please if any of you have any ideas.

Phil

A:xp home crash crash crash!!

One area you could look at would be video drivers as well as watch system temps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-crash-crash-crash.221626/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am in the market to rebuild my home server. It is used for media streaming (transcoding on the fly) and hosting a few gaming servers on the odd occasion. Mostly old games like Call of Duty 1 and Unreal Tournament and from time to time, Minecraft. Just seeing what kind of hardware you lot would recommend!

It will be on 24/7 so needs to be power efficient and the quieter the better. So far I have:

400W seasonic fanless PSU platinum
Corsair carbide 330r quiet mid tower case.

All suggestions welcome!

Relevancy 45.15%

Running Windows 7 64
i7 950 Bloomfield
8 gigs corsiar ddr3 1600
evga x58 ftw 3
2 standard 500 gig hdd's. (note: one is from my old computer which might be the cause of this issue. Was trying to save money)

So my issue is my computer just keeps freezing for a few seconds (5-10) and then continuing what its doing. Whether its hitting the start button, opening my computer etc. I ran a diagnostic on my ram and I'm getting good readings. Does this sound like an HDD issue?

A:Home build Freeze

Ok I disconnected the old one and that was the issue. Runs great now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442445/home-build-freeze/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am currently looking at building a new PC for gaming and perhaps also as a HD Blu-ray player for my TV I Gaming Build PC Home will not be needing any peripherals but i might add things such as more USB ports and a soundcard later I have already got a blueprint for my PC I may at a later date SLi enable the PC with another graphics card My Budget is around maybe slightly more Located in Lancashire but have good contacts all over England and i am willing Home Build Gaming PC buy online I am not re-using any parts from a previous build apart from my second hard drive which i might place in the machine as a slave drive I do not need a monitor because in the beginning i will use my TV As for keyboard and mouse i will use cordless and will chose them nearer to the build time I have not bought any parts yet this is the blueprint stage Here are my Blueprints intel core quad q ghz lga socket inc vat gb Ballistix -pin DIMM DDR PC - ASUS P N-D nForce i SLI Socket PCI-Express DDR Motherboard Hard Drive does not need to be bigger than gb though due to i have a slave gb but i would like it to be at least rpm MB GEFORCE GT PCI Express OCZ Technology EliteXStream W Power Supply My calculations say this will be enough correct me if i am wrong This puts my build at including VAT without the PC case or other extras Your pessimism optimism is welcomed thank you in advance nbsp

A:Home Build Gaming PC

Looks good to me. All reliable, and all will work together. I might quibble over the Q8200 vs 8400, but only if the prices are decent. You are overdoing it on the Power Supply, but I am a strong believer that the power supply deserves all the quality that you put into the motherboard.
Please let us know how it all works together when finished.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-build-gaming-pc.123154/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys,

I just ordered the parts for my second ever home build pc.
I just want to know what you think of it.

asus m4a78-e mobo
8gb (4x2gb) corsair xms2 ddr2 800 ram
amd phenom II 945 3.0ghz quad core processor.
xfx hd 4850 1gb gddr3 gpu 256 bit with 512mb onboard already
2 x maxtor diamond-max 320gb hdd's
sunbeam acb9 acrylic green led pc case (12 green leds, with 3 120mm green led fans, and custom fan grills.)
19" tft
650tx corsair psu
onboard sound and networking

thanks for taking the time to give your opinions

A:Evaluate my second home build?

2 x maxtor diamond-max 320gb hdd'sClick to expand...

I'm worried most about those harddrives, their not known as the most reliable.
Other than tham you have a lot of RAM, but you can never have too much eh?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evaluate-my-second-home-build.135629/
Relevancy 45.15%

I deal with business servers at work, but I want to build myself a home server.

I know the main components I need to built the computer, however do you guys recommend certain parts and NOS?

Relevancy 44.72%

Memtest86 run 42 passes without failure. Assistance required with identifying the source of random crashes on my home build Core i3. I have uploaded an SF Diagnostic results file and a Speccy output.

I would be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks in advance.
Jimmy

A:Random Crashes Home-build

Bugcheck codes are as always, D1 and 1A. The failing modules are ASMedia SATA drivers and intel HD geaphics driver.

Update the Intel HD Graphics Driver, either from our forum link, Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7, or You may get it from Intel Download Center.
Moreover, you may run the Intel (R) Driver Update Utility to auto detect the appropriate driver for your computer.

Install ASMedia SATA3 Driver ver:1340 dated 10/25/2012 from ASRock > Products > Motherboard > B75 Pro3-M > Download.

Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck D1, {1, 2, 8, 1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa80025bf0f0, ffff, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+339d6 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305660-random-crashes-home-build.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, everyone-
We had an Asus EEE, until a toddler spilled a drink on it, killing the keyboard and mainboard. Asus decalred repair cost to be about what I paid, so I said, just send it back to me so I can scavange.

Are there good websites for info on building an Atom-based computer? Newegg does not seem to have a lot of MBs. Who does?

What else can I scavange off this dead EEE? Thx.

A:Atom-based home-build?

Have a look at this:
EEE Motherboards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atom-based-home-build.163439/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I don t know if this is the right section of the forums or not but I just ordered these parts to build my own pc this is my first homebuild Could some one cast an eye over the parts to double check it will all fit together smoothly I tripled checked everything before ordering on several different sites but a second more experienced opinion would be nice I would also like to know which CABLES I need to order assuming the parts come with none Seagate STM AS - MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX GB IN RPM MB SATA new build. will Which need? Evaluate home cables my I hdd AMD Athlon X Dual Core AM Retail with Fan Foxconn M PMV nforce micro atx socket am am pci express ddr motherboard Crucial GB DDR SDRAM MHz Memory Module - GB - MHz DDR - PC - CT KIT AA Foxconn S- - OEM - Foxconn S- Micro ATX Midi Tower PC Case Black Silver with W Power Supply also has fan nbsp

A:Evaluate my new home build. Which cables will I need?

Hi Bob,
welcome to techspot. looks like a fit. if you want to add anything more than a low end Graphics card you might need a psu upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evaluate-my-new-home-build-which-cables-will-i-need.132969/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys i am having a doosy trying to figure out whats wrong woth my new home build. Just put it together and fired it up. Everything went fine. Redid the booting odrer to boot from cd/dvd then hard drive. Then reeboted it and placed the O.s disc in to install the o.s.. By the way i am attempting to install windows 7 ultimate 64bit. Anyways after I put in the disc all it does is load files then reboot and the same process over and over and over. Never get past loading files. Everything is brand new on here not using any old parts. New biostar a880g+ motherboard and 8gb pioneer ddr3 as well as amd iix2 phenom and seagate 1tb hdd. Have no idea what to do. Tried switching the disc to windows7 pro and that didnt work either. i would appreciate some pointers if you guys have any. Thanks

A:problems installing os on new home build

Sounds like you are booting to the disc again after the initial install, you don't want this. When the machine reboots the first time after the initial install/copy of files, press the eject button on your cd/dvd drive and take it out. The system should then boot to the hard drive you just copied your installation files to and continue.

Alternatively you could set your bios boot order to boot to your hard drive FIRST, and then use whatever your BIOS hotkey is to select the DVD/CD drive from the on-the-fly boot menu the first time. This will boot to your Win7 DVD for the install, when it reboots it'll hit the hard drive first and continue on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/162781-problems-installing-os-new-home-build.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok first off thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully help This new computer build has been a nightmare so far The components were all installed without any issues and it booted fine the first Home 7 build new with on BSOD x64 Windows time I originally installed XP see below and am now running BSOD on new build with Windows 7 x64 Home Windows Home Premium I BSOD on new build with Windows 7 x64 Home have not activated it yet as I have had BSOD on new build with Windows 7 x64 Home to reinstall several times All programs drivers are up to date on windows update and I believe I had visited all the manufacturer's websites for updated drivers Basically my pc BSOD's randomly I can't point to anything specific Once it was when I was uploading a picture to imageshack Then it reboots the BSOD is barely flashed so I can't read it and if I try to reload normally of the time it gets to the part where the colors are coming together on the splash screen just at the part where the upper left red color appears and it pauses and another BSOD flash and a reboot So sometimes I can go into safe mode other times safe mode doesn't work But basically i just keep hitting quot restart windows normally quot and eventually I can get back in On average this is reboots however sometimes or and up to or Windows error reporting does not offer info The computer is connected to my television via HDMI but the health report was run while it was connected to my monitor if that makes a difference One thing I notice sometimes is that the HDD LED is usually lit for a while before the pc freezes even if nothing is seemingly running I have AVG installed but this would occur even before AVG was installed OS - Windows x What was original installed OS on system This is not a straightforward answer It is a newly-built system On a clean hard drive I installed Windows XP legitimate very old version pre-SP and proceeded to try to use Windows Update to add SP SP etc I purchased an student edition windows upgrade key and in order to install the upgrade package i needed to have SP installed so that was the ultimate goal Every time I updated with a service pack my pc would BSOD as it booted up and I would also be unable to boot into safe mode so I would have to uninstall the service pack I tried individually installing each pack i e not through windows update and I also tried installing hardware-specific drivers from manufacturer's website however some programs required framework which wasn't included in my XP cd So i tried installing a non-upgrade full-install iso and entered my upgrade key and it worked I formatted and partitioned the drive when i installed windows but im not sure if it qualifies as a full install Windows home premium key was purchased online gb iso file downloaded from microsoft server Age of system one month old Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS I re-installed XP about or times and windows or times it was trial-and-error when individually installing hardware drivers CPU AMD phenom II X BE ghz my motherboard has a core-unlocker that unlocked the CPU to cores I have tried disabling this feature but the problem persists Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD gb with the latest ATI Catalyst drivers i believe installed for some reason I think this is the problem MotherBoard ASUS M A TD EVO AM I have not been able to run the hard drive bootable testing program because the ISO calls for a CD and at the moment all I have are DVD's Power Supply Corsair CMPSU- TX W Hard Drive WD Caviar Black TB RPM Memory G Skill Ripjaw gb x gb DDR have tried swapping slots have run memtest for passes without any errors Thank you so much for taking the time to read this hiiiii Oh and I just wanted to say that when I was reading the results of the perfmon health report my CPU got quot very poor quot and my memory HDD got quot poor quot and I don't understand why

A:BSOD on new build with Windows 7 x64 Home

Hi -

There is OS corruption occuring most likely caused by hardware failure.

This is a driver list from one of your BSOD dumps - perfectly normal -

Code:

ASACPI.sys Wed Jul 15 23:31:29 2009 (4A5E9F11)
avgldx64.sys Mon Sep 06 20:49:29 2010 (4C858C19)
AsIO.sys Thu Apr 22 07:18:03 2010 (4BD0306B)
atikmpag.sys Tue Sep 28 21:14:49 2010 (4CA29309)
atikmdag.sys Tue Sep 28 21:41:26 2010 (4CA29946)
Here is a portion from another BSOD dump. "Unknown_Module" tells us that RAM or hardware failure affecting RAM's ability to hold kernel code properly is an issue -

Code:

Unknown_Module_fffff800`039e0000 Mon Jul 13 21:27:36 2009 (4A5BDF08)
Unknown_Module_fffff880`00c00000 Mon Jul 13 19:19:59 2009 (4A5BC11F)
Unknown_Module_fffff880`00c5d000 Mon Jul 13 21:29:09 2009 (4A5BDF65)
Unknown_Module_fffff880`00c6a000 Mon Jul 13 21:32:23 2009 (4A5BE027)
Unknown_Module_fffff880`00c7e000 Mon Jul 13 19:19:57 2009 (4A5BC11D)
Unknown_Module_fffff880`00cdc000 Mon Jul 13 21:32:13 2009 (4A5BE01D)

From the Event Viewer log - an apparent problem with CPU. 1,069 of these events recorded in < 4 days since WIndows 7 x64 installed -

Code:

Event[7]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger
Date: 2010-11-13T08:07:32.689
Description:
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor ID: 2
Is ALL of the hardware new?

Is the XP version you installed a full retail version (gold XP CD)?

Windbg Logs
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Sat Nov 13 10:29:12.275 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:16:40.509
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+42837 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: avgchsva.exe
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff800`01c9c3bb 00000000`00000008 fffff800`01c9c3bb 00000000`00000000
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Nov 11 17:50:21.608 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:11:05.919
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+17c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: avgchsva.exe
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`034c2cdc
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Nov 11 14:38:18.634 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:59.336
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
Bugcheck code 0000007F
Arguments 00000000`00000008 00000000`80050031 00000000`000006f8 fffff800`03484687
Debug session time: Thu Nov 11 14:30:46.937 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:24:57.248
BugCheck D1, {48, 2, 0, fffff88001634789}
Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!UdpSendMessagesOnPathCreation+59 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: ehexthost32.ex
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments 00000000`00000048 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff880`01634789
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_fffff800`03404000
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded fo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-new-build-with-windows-7-x64-home-528412.html
Relevancy 44.72%

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion...Title=Possible

This is the newegg link should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Needless to say I'm pretty stoked about getting this up and running.

So here is my question since I'm new to Vista (32 or 64) does anyone see any possible problems cropping up or anything I should look for...?

Been reading the board here for a few days and so far not seeing any issues that directly relate to the hardware listed but I'm sure something will pop up just looking for a heads up maybe lol...

Thanks in advance.
Six

A:Just order the parts for my first home build

Two 8800GTS on a single 500W won't work. You need a PC Power and Cooling 750W for two of those cards. They draw 26A @ 12V each.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/157954-just-order-parts-my-first-home-build.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have tried three times to install SP winxp mob build can't SP3 Solved: on my install home pc asus M V-MX cpu AMD Athlon Solved: can't install SP3 on my home build pc tm x dual core processor each time I get right to the end of the install and it says access denied I disabled my anti-virus and firewall and tried to install it in safe mode but I still get access denied and each I have to do system restore to my pc to get back to how it was I got in touch with microsoft and this what they want me to do but to be honest I don t trust them I don t want to mess my system up so would you please have a look at what they have sent me After checking the information uploaded when you submitted this Service Request the processor of the computer is AMD We need to disable IntelPPM service before we install SP Step Modify registry keys to disable the IntelPPM service Please go to Start Run and type REGEDIT Click quot OK quot to open Registry Editor In the left pane please locate the following key My Computer HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services intelppm Right click the above key and choose Export Please save the file as backup in reg format If any unexpected issue occurs we can restore the registry keys Highlight the above key and double click the subkey named quot Start quot in the right pane In the open window please change the value to Click quot OK quot to save the change Quit Registry Editor and restart the computer After that I recommend downloading Windows XP SP from our website in Normal Mode and install it in Safe Mode Step Install SP in Safe Mode nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone I ve build my first computer and I love it Its been a fun and sometimes not so fun project but there are just a few things I need help with I ll start with the various specs and then my issues Windows -bit Ultimate A-DATA Gaming Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR AMD Phenom x BE not overclocked yet Arctic Cooling CPU Fan GTX gigabyte ASRock M A DE Motherboard A The biggest issue is with the memory I experience random crashes data corruption Sometimes chrome will just say the page is problems.. home-build computer.. first broken first home-build computer.. problems.. and applications first home-build computer.. problems.. will randomly crash Sometimes I get the BSOD as well I have everything with the bios memory options set to default or auto and I m not sure if changing the timings would fix my issue However there are a ton of settings and I m not sure what s what B Firefox instantly crashes Won t even come up tried making a new profile and safe mode as well as uninstalling and reinstalling but it still wont work C Not sure how to get the sleep hibernate settings to work it used to freeze when I left it for long periods of time so I turned the power saving options all off but I d like to be able to sleep hibernate Thanks so much guys scott

A:first home-build computer.. problems..

As for the memory problem, you do have the sticks in the correct slots don't you? I had a very similar problem with my first build years ago and it was because I had the memory in the wrong slots.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300369/first-home-build-computer-problems/
Relevancy 44.72%

Over the last couple of days I have receieved BSODs in what Home-Build BSOD old on 1-month is far too short amount of time to not be worried As I do BSOD on 1-month old Home-Build not know much about error codes and such I figured I'd bring up my problem on a forum and hope somebody can help me My pc was built around month ago and has no had any problems during this time But still lately I receieved the dreaded BSODs while not doing anything particularly demanding One time I was just watching Friends and reading some things online and the last time it happened I just had music playing on it while I was playing on PS Here are the error codes from Windows report Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF D CF BCP FFFFF BE BCP FFFFF BE ED OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users St phane AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml If you BSOD on 1-month old Home-Build need to to kow system specs they can be found on my profile and I have also included all dmp files in my minidump folder PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP thanks in advance

A:BSOD on 1-month old Home-Build

Quote: Originally Posted by steppan

Over the last couple of days I have receieved 3 BSODs in what is far too short amount of time to not be worried. As I do not know much about error codes and such, I figured I'd bring up my problem on a forum and hope somebody can help me.

My pc was built around 1month ago and has no had any problems during this time. But still, lately I receieved the dreaded BSODs while not doing anything particularly demanding. One time I was just watching Friends and reading some things online, and the last time it happened I just had music playing on it while I was playing on PS3.

Here are the error codes from Windows report:

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88003D43CF7
BCP3: FFFFF88008BE4668
BCP4: FFFFF88008BE3ED0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\061511-25006-01.dmp
C:\Users\St?phane\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48859-0.sysdata.xml

If you need to to kow system specs they can be found on my profile and I have also included all 3 .dmp files in my minidump folder.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!

thanks in advance

2 of 3 related to your video driver.

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169329-bsod-1-month-old-home-build.html
Relevancy 44.72%

After Finishing The Build i tried loading windows 7 from OEM Disc, Everything seemed to go OK til it restarted then i got " Windows Failed to start Dialogue
File : \windows\system 32\ntoskrnl.exe
Info : windows failed to load because the Kernel is missing or corupt.
How Do i resolve this, anybody had this problem?

A:New Build Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Hello Cmoprint, welcome to Seven Forums!

That seems to be an XP error, has XP been on the Hard Disk Drive before or are you trying the OEM disk from XP for the install, or are you booting the Windows 7 installation DVD using the PC BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/178128-new-build-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 44.72%

my display on my pc keeps going away i had previously thought it was my video card because i could still hear things and interact with the pc after the display stopped showing however i recently sent in my video card to gigabyte and they couldnt recreate the issue i had. the only other things i can think of it being are my motherboard and my monitor anyone else have any ideas?

A:video issues with home build

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Currently we have no idea what we are working with, can you provide the details below:

- Make and model of CPU
- Make, model and revision number of the Motherboard
- Make, model of the graphics card
- Make, model and wattage of the PSU
- Make and model of any hard drives
- The operating system you are using

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-issues-with-home-build.1147078/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am new to this forum cannot install Home XP build Edition New and this is my first post New build cannot install XP Home Edition I have been building my own sytems for a number of years but have not run into this issue I am building a backup system see specs below Enermax PS Watt Abit MB NF -S Rev Geil Dual Channel PC G ATI Radeon Pro MB Maxtor Ultra PLus GB Processor AMD XP M After loading all the drivers and DLL's windows goes to reboot and gives me BSOD with error message telling me to check hardware Is this because the Bios does not recognize the CPU even though it displays CPU speed I have read many forums on the XP M cpu's and nowhere does it mention an issue with installation as a desktop I have tried numerous times to install and to no avail I have to use quot wipe drive quot every time my boot fails to re-install XP Any suggestions Do you think I should just install a desktop CPU and forget it Thanks for all your help

A:New build cannot install XP Home Edition

Have you tried resetting your BIOS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-build-cannot-install-xp-home-edition-18557.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi All I have a very long history of update and activation problems on this computer in the last year I posted my problem on the Microsoft forums and a very nice Win Premium 7 genuine Build Home not 7601 generous patient person has been helping me troubleshoot it for a while You can read through that post for a complete history of what I have tried so Win 7 Home Premium Build 7601 not genuine far Alas he was not able to solve the problem for me and suggested a post in this forum for some more expert help Here is the most recent output from the MGADiag Tool Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -TQV G-W KC-FVJQW Windows Product Key Win 7 Home Premium Build 7601 not genuine Hash gJJq H x SsddIKxWbWD MPY Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID A F - EA- -B CD-D F D A Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error T Win 7 Home Premium Build 7601 not genuine - Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics F FE- - E FEE - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt A F - EA- -B CD-D F D A lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -FVJQW lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt P lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content U BMRwEAAAAAAQAACAAAABYuAAAAAAAAWmICAAAAAACy FshSnnOAWbXGpOihAOpMHzDmWxsjurhFsPfzoCttv AGeFUxiikfyfvYxox kL HqMwwTdLpTOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAx dZsxs sxaQSZh DCEuBHMIiPnNB zjmcp zPMbOEbS NdovTdOy YYxyvauVozkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb st... Read more

A:Win 7 Home Premium Build 7601 not genuine

Noel seems to have taken you through all the usual steps, and it appears you need to perform a repair install, which is failing...

Lets start with a screen capture image of your Disk Management screen, to see if there are any clues:
Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

When was the last time you scanned for malware on your system? Have you had any recent malware infections?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/313516-win-7-home-premium-build-7601-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 44.29%

So I'm doing the preliminary work to potentially replace an aging file server that I currently have in my house A few days ago I did the research on simply doing a NAS device like the NetGear Ready NAS Ultra Plus and am generally pretty happy with what I have found Now I Home Server Build a Windows Considering 2011 am considering the alternative of using something else like Windows Home Server and giving it a fair shake My original goal was to have something Simple didn't really want to have another system to maintain Inexpensive I don't need astounding performance Quiet and Low Power Consumption Data Protection is important although I will back up regularly and keep offsite Offer DNLA support for streaming to devices like my PS and Xbox I'm starting to reconsider the use Considering a Windows Home Server 2011 Build of the NAS device as the RAID will cost me of my usable space With something like Windows Home Server I can choose to NOT duplicate some of the non important stuff Internet downloads ISO's all that stuff that I can simply re-download in the event of a catastrophe and this means that I will have more disk space usable within my server Originally when Windows Home Server came out I was very excited about the Drive Extender technology that allowed for easy drive pooling but then Microsoft decided to discontinue DE for Windows Home Server From what I have found there are rd party vendors out there making Add-In support that seems good StableBit I tested yesterday in a VM and it seems like it might be a good fit and is only So I'm at the point where I am trying to assemble a list of hardware that will work for a Windows Home Server machine So looking for suggestions and thoughts on cases mobos and cpu's which will accomplish my goals of keeping costs down Anybody have any suggestions I'll likely buy everything from NewEgg or potentially some hardware from Amazon

A:Considering a Windows Home Server 2011 Build

Y'know - I went down this path 6 months ago. Eventually I ended up on Windows 2008 R2. The main reason instead of WHS 2011 was that I also run WSUS, Coldfusion, Firebird DB Server, and IIS. WHS was not the right choice.

But, I was previously running on Windows XP, and it did everything I needed. The only reason I upgraded to Win 2008 R2 standard was so I could take advantage of more memory.

I have a Technet subscription so cost of the OS was largely moot.

My system has 7 x 2TB WD EARX SATA 3 drives ($400~), though I don't have 7 SATA3 ports, so some of the drives are running at SATA 2.

I settled on an Intel I5-2400 CPU ($177), which is only marginally overclocked, 8 GB Corsair CL7 1600 MHZ memory ($69), on a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 mobo. I put in a GTX 450 1GB Video card ($80), because I had it lying around, and there is no Video on the Z68X mobo ($149). The case is an Antec 900 - 2; Only because I like that case, it costs $90 and its easy to keep cabling tidy and with 7 drives I was worried heat would be a problem. As it is, temps are running at 27C most of the time. All fans are set on low speed, and I'm running a stock cooler.

The PSU is an ANTEC Truepower 750W ($132).

The system costs approximately 8 cents per hour to run. (Given that we pay 26.5c per Kilowatt)

The Z68X only has a single Gigabit NIC. On reflection, the only thing I would change is running two NICs. I have gigabit cabling and switches throughout the house, so I could have improved overall performance, but it's acceptable as it is I guess..

Important stuff is backed up to a couple of external 2 TB drives via USB 3. I don't run RAID of any sort, and static stuff is imaged to a Blu-ray Disk monthly. If I were to lose a drive it would not be a disaster, as the contents can typically be recreated without too much hassle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222594-considering-windows-home-server-2011-build.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Well this is my first build and I m having a problem getting vista home prem to install on of my new seagate gb sata drives Vista says it needs drivers I ve dl the sata drivers from my mb website msi P n sli plat onto a flash drive because and Problem Home Vista Build Premium New vista says you can browse and select from cd usb flash and so forth Each time I try it says drivers not found I m not setting up a raid array just want to have sata drives both the same and install vista home premium to one of them and the other for just about everything else I read everywhere that you have to dl the drives to a flobby and then hit f or something but New Build and Vista Home Premium Problem vista here is saying usb device is fine What am I doing wrong I do have ide drives but don t want to use them Forgot to mention that New Build and Vista Home Premium Problem both sata drives are showing up in the bios Just can t figure out the way to get the correct drives installed for vista home prem bit nbsp

A:New Build and Vista Home Premium Problem

Just a thought, but most driver downloads are zip or rar and must be extracted before they can be used.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-and-vista-home-premium-problem.76633/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Guys,

I've installed windows 7 build 7048 on a computer a couple of months ago. And now I've bought an upgrade version of windows 7 home premium. I've got a vista home premium licence as well. Is there any way I can update the computer without having to reinstall windows?

Greets,
Milan

A:Update build 7048 to home premium

Well that wasn't to difficult just combine the following two links.
How to Upgrade the Windows 7 RC to RTM (Final Release) :: the How-To Geek
UNAWAVE - Downgrade Ultimate to Home Premium or Professional
I'll try it tomorrow!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/45347-update-build-7048-home-premium.html
Relevancy 44.29%

This same problem was posted here by another member and I read the other thread responses, but no answer was discovered. I am having the same issue the system boots on its own every night. I have done all the scheduled task checks and disabled everything I could find, but it still turns itself on nightly.
I have checked the BIOS to no avail can't find anything there either. Looking for help. Thanks in advance!

A:My home build PC windows 7 turns itself on during the night.

You can always turn off the surge protector, then it can`t come on at all.

And you`ve already checked this, correct ?

And make sure "Allow this device to wake the PC" is unchecked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327155-my-home-build-pc-windows-7-turns-itself-during-night.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, just finished my home build and it was working fine until earlier when I was playing NFS HP when it crashed and I got a stop error screen, since then it's repeatedly been giving me the same screen even when doing nothing particularly intensive.

Windows 7 x64
Asus M4A79XTD EVO
AMD PHENOM II 965 Black Edition
Sapphire HD 5770
Kingston HyperX 1600 4gb DDR3
Power supply was an ebuyer own brand 'extra value' 600W

Any help would be really useful,
Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] New home build keeps getting repeated BSOD

Hi,

No clear cause here, despite the latest minidump being "Verifier Enabled".

However, you have a few software items to deal with:

Code:
ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 15:30:36 2005 (42476C4C)
ASACPI.sys - ASUS ACPI Driver; the 2005 version is almost guaranteed to cause BSODs on Windows 7 systems. Update link here, update instructions (slideshow) here (note that in the last step you select the ATK0110 driver in the list instead of the one mentioned)

You have ESET 2009 installed, this version has been known to cause a few problems. Luckily ESET offer a free update to the 2010 version - http://www.eset.com/download

Regards,
Reventon

BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Mon Jan 3 07:53:26.362 2011 (GMT+13)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:04.704
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDispatchException+1b9 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: dxdiag.exe
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments ffffffff`c000001d fffffa80`04759013 00000000`00000000 fffff880`054fac00
Debug session time: Mon Jan 3 07:33:41.513 2011 (GMT+13)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:25.214
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+ca0 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_3
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
Bugcheck code 00000019
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffff900`c39aeca0 fffff900`c39aeca0 0000011e`0000031e
Debug session time: Mon Jan 3 07:27:06.250 2011 (GMT+13)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:16:06.936
Probably caused by : hardware ( Ntfs!NtfsFindPrefixHashEntry+615 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24
PROCESS_NAME: VSSVC.exe
Bugcheck code 00000024
Arguments 00000000`001904fb fffff880`09053708 fffff880`09052f70 fffff880`010ce03a
Debug session time: Mon Jan 3 07:09:39.176 2011 (GMT+13)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:54:06.877
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PfpFlushEventBuffers+3f )
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
Bugcheck code 1000007E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff800`02ccc1ff fffff880`0709c8f8 fffff880`0709c160

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-new-home-build-keeps-getting-repeated-bsod-540741.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am downloading x86 insider preview build 10547. I am directly downloading it from the archive and I will need the product key while installing; can you tell me what it is?

A:product key for home preview build 10547

Are you running any type of Windows 10 now? If you are, then you will not need a product key of any kind. Make sure you are logged in on your MSN account. If you are not running any kind of Windows 10 now, then you will need to activate your system through an upgrade process that still does not require a product key.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/25907-product-key-home-preview-build-10547-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Ubuntu and windows home the Home will problem not install. os as suggestions to what could be? build, Any premium original release copied disk both failed to install The win has worked properly on another system and I have tried multiple copies and multiple downloads of Ubuntu on usb and dvd The computer reacts as though the disks are corrupt this is Home build, os will not install. Any suggestions as to what the problem could be? not the disk drive I have tried four different dvd drives with the same results and it did the same thing when I Home build, os will not install. Any suggestions as to what the problem could be? attempted a usb install With win it gives an error saying the application must close orit starts to install then gives an error saying a file could not be retrieved Ubuntu starts to install but ends up displaying white text on a black screen indefinitely the text scrolls once in a while but after leaving it for hrs I figure it s never going to do anything I have double checked that everything is compatible and it should be any insight would be helpful AMD phenom II x black edition ghz mb cache w Rocketfish W ATX power supply MSI -G ATX AM DDR PCI-E PCI-E PCI SATA GBLAN Audio CrossFireX Motherboard G SKILL Ripjaws X F - CL D- GBXL GB X GB DDR - CL - - - Memory xdvdr rw drives gb sata hdd EVGA Nvidia geforce gtx Fermi superclocked gddr vram nbsp

A:Home build, os will not install. Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-build-os-will-not-install-any-suggestions-as-to-what-the-problem-could-be.1071105/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I m fairly experienced with computers I say fairly in the sense that I m heavy on software and light on hardware and decided that my five year old Viao is now standing on it s last leg to support my needs So I ve decided to upgrade to a unit that will take me the next or so years I ve decided to run with these need Potential experianced Home opinions Build, specs Case Potential Home Build, need experianced opinions RAIDMAX Smilodon ATX- WBP with W PSU - CPU AMD Athlon X GHz Retail - Cooling GIGABYTE GH-WIU D Galaxy II Liquid Cooling- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-M SLI-S SLI AM - Memory Corsair XMS DDR - x -GB- Hard Drive WD Caviar SE GB -MB SATA Gb s - Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS MB PCIe - Monitor quot LCD with - ms Refresh - Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Channels -bit KHz PCI Interface Sound Card- Speakers Logitech X- -Piece Speaker System - CD DVD-ROM LG GSA-H NK X SATA DVD Writer - Communications Onboard LAN - Mouse Logitech MX - Keyboard Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard - Operating System Windows XP Home or Vista Home Basic- Total I m predominately a gamer but took the processor to in order to meet some needs of my motion graphic design programs I asked for some experienced opinions because I don t only want to know if this is a decent rig at least for pricing but I also want to be sure everything is compatible My experience has been one of Mobo s not liking video cards and such so I want to be safe Your knowledge and opinions are appreciated nbsp

A:Potential Home Build, need experianced opinions

Any potential system one could put together can be nitpicked and people always have their favorite brands, models etc. but you have a decent system proposed.

Of course, I have my own comments. I recommend purchasing the Smilodon case without the power supply. It is available at Newegg in that configuration. Raidmax power supplies don't enjoy the best reliability reputation and while any brand of power supply can have a bad apple once in awhile, you wouldn't want to needlessly take chances.

If you are going to install Windows XP (which I have NO problem with), I believe you will have problems installing it with only a SATA optical drive. No such problems with an IDE drive. The reason, I think, is that the BIOS and Windows XP do not support SATA optical drives in the early process of installing Windows so the Windows CD cannot be run in a new system. The drive won't be recognized. While XP SP2 does have some SATA drivers, they are not installed early enough in the process to run the Windows XP CD with a SATA optical drive. One solution is to temporarily install an old IDE optical drive (for instance, borrowed from your old Viao) to install Windows and any needed SATA/RAID drivers and later swap in the SATA optical drive. If you decide to install Vista, you shouldn't have this problem. Yet despite the complications, I wouldn't let that dissuade you from using Windows XP.

Unless you are going to overclock, liquid cooling is overkill and even then there are other less risky cooling solutions. However, if silence is very important to you, liquid cooling will be that. Not everyone shares my view but I don't like mixing liquids with sensitive electronic equipment if I don't have to.

If you don't ever intend to use SLI, you could consider getting a non-SLI motherboard. The removal of the second PCI-E x16 slot allows for additional PCI or other PCI-E slots for other expansion cards. The Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 ATX AMD Motherboard is an example of one such board. You do waste the onboard graphics that it comes with but other than that it's not a bad alternative. This suggestion is a bit nitpicky though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/potential-home-build-need-experianced-opinions.86027/
Relevancy 43.86%

I had a crash with Windows Home Server which has stopped the server restarting. I need to get files from this hard drive so I have hooked the hard disc to a windows vista machine. However even though I can see the folders/files I want I cannot copy them as it blocks the access. I have tried "take ownership" of the folder(s) and changing the permissions without success. Does anybody know of a way or tool to get rid of the file permissions - I did think of using a low level operating system such as FreeDos or MS-DOS 7 but I have tried these on a separate hard disc and even they seem to install I cannot get them to see the hard disc. I am desparate to get access to these files so any help would be extremely useful

A:Home Server Crash

Hi try the method here Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/home-server-crash-685054.html
Relevancy 43.86%

crash during the coverting of music files from wave to mp The system seem to take care or it s self all of the crash settings must have been ok I had not checked them before it is windows xp home gb ddr ram with the xp service pk installed when it crashed the sys is back up running ok with the exception of the duplication of a lot of files there was drives c amp d d was a back up with not much of any progams on it It is now the active drive os runs from D there is os on C too The D is the boot drive now and it may have been before never did look around until now and I have spent days and weeks looking at forums and on the web for info I found this site in a book The drives are basic with FAT the C shows as the primary partition and the D as the logical and with extended partition I did not do or change any of that I did a sys restore to a earlier state kernel after xp home crash a but I couldnt get a date before the after a kernel crash xp home crash I didnt turn it off dont know after a kernel crash xp home about that but I did not want to go back to factory the music is still here usable dont have any files that I am wanting other than mp s I may be off but I thought there may be a way to clean out D drive to make room it is close gb with after a kernel crash xp home free space and change what ever need be so everything does not try to go to D when installing I hope I gave enough info for help thks for any help Lou nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello *,

I am using Win7 Home Premium on my media center pc, but I keep getting BSOD... I already installed the latest drives and bios, but with no positiv effect...
Can anyone help me pls?

My Hardware is
- Shuttle SG33G6
- GeForce 9600

Below is the dump file

Cheers
Sajin

A:Win 7 Home Premium Crash

Some older drivers that may be affecting the system. Please update them as soon as you can:

Code:
UT_FPRd.sys Fri Jul 06 07:16:43 2007 - USBest(R) UT17X(R) Finger Printer Reader
LMHIDDriver_amd64.sys Wed Apr 25 10:26:09 2007 - MediaControl virtual keyboard HID driver
Cinergy_HT_PCI_MKII.sys Fri May 11 04:18:35 2007 - TerraTec Electronic Cinergy HT PCI AVStream Video Capture Driver
If updating the drivers doesn't fix things, then I'd suggest giving Driver Verifier a shot.

Here's the memory dump analysis':

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\TempDUMP\DATA\01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c4f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e8ce50
Debug session time: Sun Nov 29 07:31:10.468 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:31.153
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )

---------

1: kd> !thread;!analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck;.logclose;q
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ef7000
THREAD fffff880009f0f40 Cid 0000.0000 Teb: 0000000000000000 Win32Thread: 0000000000000000 RUNNING on processor 1
Not impersonating
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002e35b74
Owning Process fffff80002e48140 Image: <Unknown>
Attached Process fffffa80039689e0 Image: System
fffff78000000000: Unable to get shared data
Wait Start TickCount 0
Context Switch Count 1211036
ReadMemory error: Cannot get nt!KeMaximumIncrement value.
UserTime 00:00:00.000
KernelTime 00:00:00.000
Win32 Start Address nt!KiIdleLoop (0xfffff80002cc96a0)
Stack Init fffff88002f1bdb0 Current fffff88002f1bd40
Base fffff88002f1c000 Limit fffff88002f16000 Call 0
Priority 16 BasePriority 0 UnusualBoost 0 ForegroundBoost 0 IoPriority 0 PagePriority 0
Child-SP RetAddr : Args to Child : Call Site
fffff880`02f1ac28 fffff800`02cb8c2e : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`02f1b3a0 fffff800`02cede28 : nt!KeBugCheck
fffff880`02f1ac30 fffff800`02ce6bed : 00000000`0010001f fffff880`02f1b3a0 fffff880`02f1bbf0 fffff880`02f1bb48 : nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+0xe
fffff880`02f1ac60 fffff800`02cee250 : fffff800`02e0eb5c fffff880`02f1acd8 fffff880`02f1bb48 fffff800`02c4f000 : nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
fffff880`02f1ac90 fffff800`02cfb1b5 : fffff880`02f1bb48 fffff880`02f1b3a0 fffff880`00000000 fffffa80`06a82b60 : nt!RtlDispatchException+0x410
fffff880`02f1b370 fffff800`02cc0542 : fffff880`02f1bb48 fffff880`009e6180 fffff880`02f1bbf0 fffff880`009f0f40 : nt!KiDispatchException+0x135
fffff880`02f1ba10 fffff800`02... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/42852-win-7-home-premium-crash.html
Relevancy 43.43%

So this is getting to the point where if I leave my computer on all night (and most nights I do) I am not surprised anymore waking up to a blue screen. I really haven't changed anything on the computer for a while now. Now it's just getting out of control. Makes it hard to run the media server off of my computer if it keeps crashing.

If you guys could help shine some lights on this that would be great. My bet goes out to an hardware issue. I've tried running memtest but must have done something wrong as I let it sit over night but it didn't do anything.

Hope this is all the info y'alls need.

Thank you.

A:BSOD 0x0000007A - Older home build computer.

Hi Chucky. (Ahaa, I like it, reminds me of the Child's Play movies. :P)

Your latest (27th) crash dump appears to blame the crash on your hard disk hardware:

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware
An almost "dead" hard disk or a hard disk that is failing would likely cause an I/O device error, however your dump also mentions memory corruption. This could mean (could) that both your hard disk and memory are to blame, but may not be significantly caused by memory. I'd recommend that you take your memory into consideration that it may also be defective and I'd recommend you trying to swap both memory and hard disk. I'm sure you know that purchasing hard disks second-hand is never a good idea as if they're "resold" you don't know what it's history is. For example, past failures etc.

I'd suggest that you backup your data (or clone your hard disk IF you can) and purchase a new hard disk and if possible some new sticks of RAM too.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc400087f8, ffffffffc0000185, 49c98860, fffff880010ff93c}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003704278
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fc400087f8, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc0000185, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 0000000049c98860, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff880010ff93c, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000185

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880031bd4e0 -- (.trap 0xfffff880031bd4e0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff880010f7500 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa8007303050
rdx=fffffa800951b390 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff880010ff93c rsp=fffff880031bd678 rbp=fffffa800aca4f90
r8=0000000000000007 r9=fffffa80073031a0 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffffa800951b538 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz ac po cy
ataport!ChannelQueryDeviceRelatio... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353518-bsod-0x0000007a-older-home-build-computer.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, im looking to build my own home surveillance system to act as a DVR with cameras. im looking to build it inside a normal midtower computer case. but I want all the cameras to be hooked directly to the computer and have a few terabytes of storage. some lists of ideas and/or builds you would like to share would be ideal.

A:Home surveillance system custom build ideas?

Have you contacted NSA?

P.S.
Ignore my stu-pid attempt at humor, I couldn't resist with all the NSA news going around. I'm sure someone with actual experience will join in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-surveillance-system-custom-build-ideas.194183/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Dell /Build - Premium not 7601 Home 7 Windows genuine Studio XPS running Windows Home Premium that warns it is not genuine Basically problem started couple month ago My PC started Windows not genuine - 7 Home Premium /Build 7601 to crash nearly everyday I checked for solutions on your forum and decided to re-install Windows But main problem silly me - I installed one of my family Windows we have PC When I checked COA sticker and my diagnostic printout I find -that is not the same I find my original Widows but I Windows not genuine - 7 Home Premium /Build 7601 don't want if it's possible re-install all again What can I do now Thank you My diagnostic printout below Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -QCPVQ-KHRB -RMV Windows Product Key Hash Rj N NLM JqoBO OzgzTZXgbY Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID ADB C CA-DCCF- EE - D- D F B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Standard - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users Algis AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt ADB C CA-DCCF- EE - D- D F B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -RMV lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Studio XPS lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt FX lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Standard lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt F F E B E lt Val gt lt Hash gt aU DFXhLEMWzAqKJlRLx dsdU lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt Applications gt lt Office ... Read more

A:Windows not genuine - 7 Home Premium /Build 7601

wrong forum. YOu should go to windows 7 forum

Windows 7 Forums

but as initial help. you mentioned you have you COA. why dont you install your win 7 genuine key? you dont have to reinstall whole windows 7. Just the key...

Click on the Start Button and type: CMD (into the 'Search programs and files' field in the Start Menu)The Start Menu will show 'CMD.exe',Right-click the CMD.exe file and select Run As Administrator.In the CMD window, type: slmgr.vbs -ipk <type your product key here>To activate windows after changing the key, type: slmgr.vbs -ato
fyi this is for windows 7 ok?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/9182-windows-not-genuine-7-home-premium-build-7601-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I finished building my first computer this morning, and installed vista home premium 64 OEM to finish it off.

Specs are:

Asus P5N E SLI
8600GT
Corsair 4gb 800mhz
q6600 Quad Core

I've updated the bios to the latest version, and have put all drivers on but Vista keeps crashing. It freezes for no apparent reason. I've been using Vista HP (32) on my 2yr old laptop with no problems (I'm using it to type to you all now), and I'm lost as to what is wrong. I've had a very brief look around and it sounds like another user on here has had a similar problem, but as I've just built the whole system I'm wondering if there's anything I've missed which is causing it to crash/freeze/generally be unresponsive?

Any help would be hugely appreciate, thanks in advance.

A:New build, vista home premium 64 bit freezing/crashing

Hello alexi, welcome to Vista forums!

Some have had issues installing 64-bit Vista with more than 2GB of RAM installed.
I am told it depends on the MoBo, (not sure what ones).
Try installing with just 2GB in, then add the rest later.

Hopefully others will have more to say on this for you.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/172630-new-build-vista-home-premium-64-bit-freezing-crashing.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm building a new Windows Home Server box with a 2 year old Shuttle PC. The server will be used for a home network that has 5 computers. I don't think it will have too much traffic, as everyone has their own music library stored on their local computer, thus there shouldn;t be any streaming. It will mainly be used for back-ups and to store documents.

My questions are:
1. Currently have a Athlon 64 3500 (socket 939) running @ 2.2 ghz (not overclocked). The processor can be upgraded to a 939 dual core. Is the single core 3500 enough or would it be better to have a dual core processor.

2. The ethernet port on the PC is only 100mbps, should I upgrade to a gigabit? The router on the network is not a gigabit, but the 2 switches can run at gigabit speeds. All the PC's and this server are connected to switches, not to the router directly.

Thanks.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi. I'm running windows 7 64 bit on a new home build system. Randomly getting BSOD.

Specs:
ASUS P6X58D-E
I7 980 3.33 GHz hex core
NVIDIA GTX 470
CORSAID Vengeance 24 GB (6x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SD RAM (PC3 12800)
HD 600 GB Velociraptor (boot drive)
WD caviar 2 TB x 2 storage
WD caviar 1 TB x 2 RAID 0

I know the RAID array isn't working yet but I don't see why that would be the thing causing my BSOD.

I haven't overclocked anything yet.

Thanks for the help!

A:BSOD - new home build system. Randomly crashes.

Hi.

Update Intel Storage drivers.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...-bit*&lang=eng
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Finish with this step and post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193172-bsod-new-home-build-system-randomly-crashes.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Did not upload .rars. Please use this link to this thread for the uploads, and diagnostics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-u...ml#post2525127

Thank you.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 7601 build error.

Please perform the following:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click Copy - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the tool here in your next reply

Also, it looks like you forgot to add the SFTools attachment.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304077-windows-7-home-premium-sp1-x64-7601-build-error.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a pretty basic knowledge of system building, and I recently built a new system and have been having issues with BSOD while playing games. I haven't fiddled with any clock speeds, so everything should be running at core clock speeds. Any help that could be offered would be greatly appreciated.
Basic system specs are:
Core i5 2500k
MSI P67A-GD65
Patriot 4gb 1333 mhz
Sapphire 460 gtx 768mb
Zalman 850 watt PSU

A:Multiple BSOD on new build Home Premium 7 64bit

Hi and Welcome to SF

I had a look through your DMP files (two of which could not be loaded) and found that it seems to point towards RAM issues.

Code:
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnmapViewOfSection+1f8 )
I would suggest making sure your RAM is fully seated,you have to push down quite hard on both ends until it clicks fully into place.

Also you could try running Memtest to see if your RAM is not faulty - Memtest86 Guide

Also I seen that steam.exe and VMplayer could have something to do with your problem as both showed up regular which pointed me towards both Network and Audio drivers.

Code:
PROCESS_NAME: Steam.exe
PROCESS_NAME: wmplayer.exe
After checking your audio driver date and your ethernet driver it seems there is a new driver available,perhaps updating it may solve that particular BSOD
Here is a link for the Realtek Site

Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Oct 05 10:58:40 2010 (4CAAF6D0)
Rt64win7.sys Fri Sep 03 06:58:32 2010 (4C808E88)
If your are still getting BSOD's I suggest running Driver Verifier as it may show up your problem
Driver Verifier

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\041411-14773-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03005000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03242e50
Debug session time: Thu Apr 14 06:57:52.308 2011 (GMT+1)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:49:07.354
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8000336e05d, fffff88008105be0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObCheckObjectAccess+10d )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff8000336e05d, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88008105be0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ObCheckObjectAccess+10d
fffff800`0336e05d 4d85c9 test r9,r9

CONTEXT: fffff88008105be0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88008105be0)
rax=00000000fdefffff rbx=fffff880081069f0 rcx=1859f39f86580000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000001 rdi=fffff8a001c01a90
rip=fffff8000336e05d rsp=fffff88008... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156939-multiple-bsod-new-build-home-premium-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Everyone,

I am in desperate need of help. I have a home build that was running excellently for 6 months until I decided to reinstall Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Since then I have had constant blue screens. I've attached everything according to the posting instructions. I'm not good at reading minidumps so if there is any information in there that pinpoints the problem please let me know! I want my perfect computer back! Let me know if you need more information. Thanks

I have tried reinstalling windows, using the repair disc, updating drivers and ssd firmware and so far nothing has helped. I've been working on this for over a month and am so frustrated.

A:BSOD after clean windows install on home build

Hello there!

Seems like it could be some Hardware Run Hardware Diagnostic (RAM and hard Drive) Hardware Diagnostic | Captain Debugger

Update all the chipset drivers i.e. Motherboard drivers.

Problem Found:

Code:
Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503&SUBSYS_849C1043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&C8 The drivers for this device are not installed.
I think it's Intel Network driver.
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\072512-7051-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Debug session time: Wed Jul 25 12:15:10.450 2012 (GMT+6)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:43:34.183
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa80103b4060, fffffa80103b4340, fffff800037dc510}
Probably caused by : wininit.exe
PROCESS_NAME: wininit.exe
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_C0000005
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF4_C0000005_IMAGE_wininit.exe
Bugcheck code 000000F4
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`103b4060 fffffa80`103b4340 fffff800`037dc510
BiosVersion = 0402
BiosReleaseDate = 11/16/2011
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3411
Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\073012-6973-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Tue Jul 31 03:29:30.205 2012 (GMT+6)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:52.017
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800ef02750, fffffa800ef02a30, fffff8000379b510}
Bugcheck code 000000F4
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0ef02750 fffffa80`0ef02a30 fffff800`0379b510
BiosVersion = 0402
Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\073112-6708-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Tue Jul 31 10:02:37.498 2012 (GMT+6)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:53:54.231
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800ee31600, fffffa800ee318e0, fffff80003788510}
Bugcheck code 000000F4
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0ee31600 fffffa80`0ee318e0 fffff800`03788510
BiosVersion = 0402

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243803-bsod-after-clean-windows-install-home-build.html
Relevancy 43%

I just received a call from my cousin, she said when she turned on her computer she receives the message c:\windows\system32\config\system. She doesn't have a xp cd but I remember making a set of floppy start up disks for her which she found. What I want to know is it safe to use the following instructions with the floppies and is there a easier method than this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545?

My cousins' not computer literate so I don't know if she'll be able to follow the above instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

A:XP Home Crash on a EMachine T2245

Hi quizme1220

Quite a day you're having!

Have your cousin see if she can get into Safe Mode at all. If she can, she could try using System Restore to get a working copy of the Registry back. Then she should run some thorough malware scans to make sure it's not an attack that is corrupting her files.

To Enter Safe Mode:
1) Start tapping the F8 key as the system is starting up.
2) Choose "Safe Mode" from the Boot Menu.

To try System Restore:
1) Boot your computer into Safe Mode (start tapping the F8 key as the computer is starting up, and select "Safe Mode" from the Boot Menu).
2) Logon as "Administrator".
3) Click on Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore, and select a restore point from before this trouble started.

If she's added memory to her computer recently = it could be faulty, which can cause data corruption. She could test it with MemTest86+ --- http://www.memtest.org (you'd want to make the MemTest86+ diskette or CD for her, if she's not experienced with that sort of thing). If malware scans are perfectly clean, the memory is good, but data corruption still is a problem - she'd want to test the hard drive, too --- http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (she'd want your help on that, too). And last but not least, the Bios Setup in her computer could have an incorrect setting, causing an accidental overclocking: you'd check her settings against the system manual from eMachines.

Best of luck!
. . . Gary

[P.S. ... Ah, I should mention: the procedure in the Microsoft article that is in your post is only for "non-OEM systems" = in other words, most systems in use today. An "OEM-system" is a major-brand-name computer: OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer. Most OEM builders provide proprietary versions of Windows on "Restore/Recovery CD/DVDs". Here's the quote from that Microsoft article:
"Warning Do not use the procedure that is described in this article if your computer has an OEM-installed operating system. The system hive on OEM installations creates passwords and user accounts that did not exist previously. If you use the procedure that is described in this article, you may not be able to log back into the recovery console to restore the original registry hives." --- And, heck, that procedure should scare off any sensible computer user anyway. Just keep good backups handy & no worries!]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-crash-on-a-emachine-t2245-133555.html
Relevancy 43%

Everytime I start I have this explorer crashing.I go to task manager set new task with "explorer " type ,press enter andit works.What is the problem ?
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b091
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bd80
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000494ca
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 5129
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Read our privacy statement:
http://

A:explorer crash ?with vista home

Hi Milbar,

Welcome to the forum.

It can be many things that may cause this. You might try a sfc /scannow command to see if it will fix the problem. This tutorial will show you how.

How to Repair and Verify the Integrity of Vista System Files with System File Checker

If that does not fix the problem, then do a Repair Install. This tutorial will show you how.

How To Perform a Repair Installation For Vista

If it happens again, make note of any recent changes that may be responsible.

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/103974-explorer-crash-vista-home.html
Relevancy 43%

well in the middle of everything i mean any program the comp. automatical shuts off and restarts any ideas one of why it does this.? my friends told me its something in start up but i cant find out what any ideas i would love to here if u could send me a message or post here

A:windows xp home edition crash!?

Hi, you will need to explain in more detail what happends and what program is shutting down. Is there an error message? Does it only happen with one program?

Hi, you will need to explain in more detail what happends and what program is shutting down. Is there an error message? Does it only happen with one program?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183572/windows-xp-home-edition-crash/
Relevancy 43%

I was using AVG 2012 trial version for one month.When I uninstalled AVG after one month, I was unable to connect to the net which was showing an error code 720. After a system recovery I gained network access but now whenever I try to open a folder the system is crashing. Is there anything I could do to save all my data???? The OS is Vista Home Basic 32 bit. Laptop model is Compaq Presario CQ60. Is there any tool in the system or in the net through which I can save all my data. PLEASE HELP !!!!!! I can provide more info if needed.... PLEASE HELP !!!!!! Thanks in advance..

A:Vista Home Basic Crash

See if you can install Ubuntu. If so save your stuff, post the results and I will try to help to restore Vista
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek
On a more personal note, remove your email address, its against forum policy. A good policy, since its in effect to prevent you from getting Spam until the "cows fly over the moon".

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294085-vista-home-basic-crash.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok so here I am here again with another problem with crashing problems, first it was because of norton trial on this pc. I removed norton with thier removal tool. Funny though cause I took norton off as soon as I booted this pc up, now my pc is crashing again. So I look in to the event viewer and find this error message " Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected. " Any body know of a fix for this? I made sure every thing is up to date including the os.

A:Vista Home 32 and WMI crash problem

Well after searching I fpund some thing that should work but I don't know if it is temporary fix or if it is peminete. So here is what I did to solve the problem.
1. Right-click Command Prompt, and Run as Administrator.
|
| 2. Type (or Copy and Paste) the following commands, pressing Enter after
| each one:
|
| net stop winmgmt
| cd %windir%\system32\wbem
| ren repository repository.old
| net start winmgmt
|
| This will rebuild the Repository, and by extension, rebuild the Vista
| Security Center.
| You may have to restart your computer to see a change.
|
| After the Repository folder has been rebuilt, please follow the below
steps
| to test WMI:
|
| 1. Click Start, click Run, type wmimgmt.msc, and then click OK.
|
| 2. Right-click WMI Control (Local), and then click Properties.
|
| If the WMI service is configured correctly, the WMI Control will connect
to
| WMI and display the Properties dialog box. On the General tab, you should
| see information about the operating system and the version of WMI. Please
| let me know if this works well.
|
| 3. Click Start -> Run, type "wbemtest" (without the quotation mark), and
| click OK.
|
| 4. Click Connect.
|
| 5. Type "root\cimv2" (without the quotation mark) in the "Namespace" text
| box, and click "Connect".
|
| 6. Click "Enumerate Classes?*", and choose "Recursive", and click OK.
|
| 7. In the list of query result, double click "Win32_CDROMDrive" item to
| open Win32_CDROMDrive object editor.
|
| 8. Click the "Instances" button.

Can any one tell me if this is a permaite fix or is it a temperary fix? Right now I'm doing the same thing when it froze on me last time, browsing the web and listening to music in media player 11

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-home-32-and-wmi-crash-problem-441858.html
Relevancy 43%

I have parallel installed Windows XP. Now I have two operating systems. The good Winxp and the corupt Win xp

I did not over write the corrupt xp. I installed it into a new folder named "empty".

How can I remove the corupt Win xp without disturbing the good Win Xp?

A:Windows XP home edition crash

Have a look here http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#20.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-home-edition-crash-99919.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello I wouldn't call myself an advanced user but I'm not exactly a beginner either The major problem I'm currently having is that I'm attempting to dual boot the Windows pre-installed on my laptop HP dm with the n e Windows developer's build I partitioned the drive and installed Windows on the partition without a problem & (Home Windows boot 7 Build) Dual Premium) (Developer's 8 but unlike every guide Dual boot Windows 7 (Home Premium) & 8 (Developer's Build) seems Dual boot Windows 7 (Home Premium) & 8 (Developer's Build) to suggest I do not guet some screen that says quot Boot Options quot in that metro style when I boot up Instead the computer goes straight into Windows I've tried a clean install I used the restore disk that HP includes to bring back a fresh version of Windows and then went through the whole process again but to no avail Any help please be as detailed as possible would be appreciated If you can't think of a solution then can someone explain how to set up a virtual drive or VPN - I'm guessing at names here to install Windows on

A:Dual boot Windows 7 (Home Premium) & 8 (Developer's Build)

This might be a good excuse to give them something to do over on Windows8 Forum

Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/187960-dual-boot-windows-7-home-premium-8-developers-build.html
Relevancy 43%

I've built an entirely new system over the last few days and I'm having some unexpected issues with Windows Home x and it's driving me insane This new build and all components in the build are brand new Software wise I purchased a new key and used the x64 New Boot Build Win10 2x Partial Issue - Home - BSODs, Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool to perform a fresh install The other PCs in my home run Windows with no little to no issues at all so I'm very concerned that I have a driver hardware issue Build Components http pcpartpicker com p XQnYJ Installation Procedure Initial Boot to UEFI - Verified All Peripheral's Connected and Configured UEFI Settings SSD amp HDD set to AHCI to allow boot priority to SSD amp USB RESTART - Booted to USB with Media Creation Tool Selected SSD on SATA Port for installation INSTALL - No issues encountered rebooted and installed LAN drivers to access internet Began driver installation for MB SSD and GPU Restarted for windows updates and updated UEFI to latest version Boot Failure - Windows Logo with black screen no cursor Restarted and entered UEFI to check boot settings noticed a quot Windows Boot Manager Port SSD quot and quot SSD Port quot option Set to Windows Boot Manager restarted New Build - Win10 Home x64 - 2x BSODs, Partial Boot Issue and failed twice Set to SSD and failed twice Set to Windows Boot Manager New Build - Win10 Home x64 - 2x BSODs, Partial Boot Issue and it finally booted to desktop Some failures were a blue windows logo with no mouse no circle nothing other times quot Preparing for Automatic Recovery quot and one occasion it hung on the UEFI splash screen Finished Windows Updates completed all driver installations begin software installation Restart to verify everything and tweak UEFI settings and again same issues with booting Finally managed to get recovery to work selected option for system restore point and it took me back to the first restart with no drivers installed Inserted Media Creation Tool deleted all SSD partitions and reinstalled Windows I delayed the LAN driver until I had ALL driver's installed including Samsung Magician and then I installed the LAN driver and rebooted After Windows updates everything was smooth no issue with booting and the quot Windows Boot Manager quot partition was gone only quot Port SSD quot in UEFI Restarted after a few updates and the system booted to a black screen with windows logo no mouse no status circle indicator Restarted and it was fine After joining my LAN home group and renaming the PC to match the scheme on my LAN I attempted to access another Windows PC on my network and I got the first BSOD Happened so fast I couldn't write the code down Restarted fine continued with file transfers and software Today another BSOD with quot BSOD DRIVE IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL lltdio sys quot restarted fine and here I am My concern I intend to overclock this system and without some semblance of stability I cannot proceed I'm not fully versed with Windows but I have been keeping an eye on Event Viewer and both times I experienced the BSOD it was when accessing my LAN The boot issue lingers but it's not nearly as bad for this second installation Any help or assistance you can provide would be incredibly useful and appreciated

A:New Build - Win10 Home x64 - 2x BSODs, Partial Boot Issue

Both dumpfiles blames your Killer network drivers.
The drivers are from Timestamp: Mon Apr 27 21:36:50 2015 (553E8FD2) predating windows 10.
Update your Bigfoot Lan driver from http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...1&RWD=0#driver

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41016-new-build-win10-home-x64-2x-bsods-partial-boot-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I am hoping that someone can help me out with my BSOD problems My PC crashes once or more times a week as of recently and I can't seem to figure out the problem on my own It always seems to crash when not under any stress but it has once or twice while gaming as well It is a custom build that I completed just around or months ago Everything I bought for the PC was BSOD on x64 home build custom win7 prem. Frequent brand new and I bought an OEM Windows Home Premium bit copy from newegg that I installed on my SSD boot drive I have mm case fans plus two more attached to my Corsair H liquid CPU cooler so overheating is never a problem Ive attached the zip file as instructed by the posting guide and hopefully you guys can lend a hand with the problem Thanks CPU AMD x T RAM Corsair Vengeance gb GPU Sapphire Flex Radeon always using monitors in extended display eyefinity modes PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M w MB Asus M a Let me know if any more info is needed Thanks EDIT forgot to mention in the performance report it Frequent BSOD on custom build win7 home prem. x64 says no virus scanner is found but I do have Norton Anti-Virus installed

A:Frequent BSOD on custom build win7 home prem. x64

We've seen a number of BSOD issues with SSD's recently. Here's the information that I've compiled:

Quote:
There's not a whole bunch available to test SSD's. The "easiest" test is to remove the SSD, install a platter-based hard drive, install Windows and test for stability that way.

Here's some suggestions:
- Update the SSD's firmware to the latest available version (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
- Slow the memory (RAM) down to the next slower speed (I've only seen one person who claimed that this worked for them).
- Use any manufacturer's utilities that you may have. If you don't have any, then try this free one (I haven't used it myself): Crystal Dew World
- Update chipset and storage controller drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer of the device (not the manufacturer of the motherboard). Be sure to update ALL controllers on the motherboard!
....NOTE: Recently (Nov 2011) we had BSOD issues with the Marvell 91xx controller and an SSD. You may have to switch controllers also.-
Replace the SSD with a platter based hard drive and see if that stops the BSOD's. If it does, then it's likely that there's a problem with the SSD OR an incompatibility with your system.
It's my opinion that SSD's aren't reliable enough (with current hardware) to be used on a system that needs to work reliably. Until I see reliability I will not recommend, nor will I use, SSD's for critical applications.
06 Dec 2011 - This post tends to confirm issues with certain SSD chipsets and certain controllers - [SOLVED] cant find the cause of BSOD F4 - Tech Support Forum

Running Dec 2011 and Jan 2012 memory dumps (23 total)

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on Win7 systems due to the sptd.sys driver.
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

Lot's of STOP 0x124 errors in the memory dumps. These are primarily hardware problems - but can be caused by compatibility issues, low-level driver problems, or even malware. If the things that we suggest here don't work, please start with the free hardware diagnostics here: Hardware Diags

23 memory dumps
20 were STOP 0x124 errors
The only possible compatibility/low-level driver issue would be the AMD OverDrive driver.

Quote:
AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.
Please uninstall the AMD OverDrive program as it can cause BSOD's on your system.
If it's the stand-alone app, uninstall it via Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
If it's in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center, you can uninstall it using the AMD uninstall tool (or uninstall the entire AMD VISION Engine Control Center application through Control Panel

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

I installed the latest Catalyst drivers today, and they didn't install the AMD OverDrive driver - so my current recommendation is to:
- download the latest ATI drivers for your video card from the ATI website.
- uninstall ALL ATI stuff from your system using Control Panel...Program...Uninstall a program
- install the freshly downloaded drivers.
- monitor for further BSOD's.

Beyond that, it's time to run the hardware diagnostics discussed above.

Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs:
3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211574-frequent-bsod-custom-build-win7-home-prem-x64.html
Relevancy 43%

I ve been asked to help Solved: on video doesn't power-up produce New home-build a friend s son get his newly built machine running I haven t seen the machine yet but the problem seems to be that the machine isn t sending any video signal to the monitor I have no experience with putting a machine together So I asked him some basic questions about the components he used to build Solved: New home-build doesn't produce video on power-up the machine and a little more info on the symptoms of the problem The following is the information I got back I asked him what he based is component selections on and what he chose - - I researched and selected the parts by hand as well as with advice from others My cpu is an Intel I - k That s cooled by a corsair h i water cooler My gpu is an Asus I ve got sticks of corsair ram at gb a piece My motherboard is an Asus ROG maximus VI gene Other than that it s pretty standard with an optical drive a tb hard drive And a gb ssd In response to my questions regarding what symptoms he is getting - - When I boot it up certain fans spin including the power supply the gpu and a few to cool the case but some in the case don t spin The motherboard lights up but doesn t beep The monitor is brand new and displays a blue screen when inactive it just doesn t recognize that anything is connected to it I have no experience in selecting compatible decent quality components I d be interested in any opinions regarding whether the selections he made are well chosen He didn t provide me with any information regarding what he has for the case and power supply Also any suggestions regarding what to look for in diagnosing this would be much appreciated I won t be able to look at the machine until the end of next week In the mean time I m going to read through the relevant sticky posts in this forum and try to get a little up to speed nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to install Windows 7 Professional on a computer that I just finished building. I inserted the disk and got past the black 'press any key to continue' and white bar screens, but now I'm at the language setup and neither my mouse or keyboard work. It's definitely not a problem with the mouse or keyboard, as they both work and I can get past the boot screen, but when I plug in the mouse no cursor appears nor can I scroll down with they keyboard. I've rebooted it several times, checked my parts, and everything seems to be fine.

Help as soon as possible, please.

A:Cannot Pass Language Setup Screen, Home Build, First Installation

Try using a PS/2 keyboard.

As the GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 has a uEFI/BIOS firmware.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/298768-cannot-pass-language-setup-screen-home-build-first-installation.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have recently purchased Windows Pro -bit to install on another partition installation build on Pro finish Windows to 64-bit fails ASUS 7 home on my Vertex III SSD drive For work related reason I have mainly used Windows XP Pro -bit so this also is the case for my home desktop PC I recently purchaed Windows and have attempted to install it on a second partition of about Gb on my SSD drive The Windows install setup loads no problems I choose the partition to install onto and go through the procedure of installing The installation uncompresses the windows files etc then proceedes and then requests to restart the PC in s etc It does this and does some futher installation during wich the screen stays blanc dark with the monitor on Then the finalising installation window setup pops up and there Windows 7 Pro 64-bit installation fails to finish on home build ASUS is another reset of the PC At this stage the boot choice menu for Windows Windows 7 Pro 64-bit installation fails to finish on home build ASUS shows up with quot olfer versions of Windows quot and the Windows choice showing I choose the Windows boot and the Windows boot logo shows up briefly after which the monitor goes blanc dark with the monitor light ON not standby The disk light flashes for a while s or so but after that very little disk activity goes on with the monitor still blanc with monitor light ON not standby mode I left it like this for minutes even after a second attempt of installation but the installation appears to stop at the same point and the monitor stays blanc with no further indication of installation activity and no final welcome to windows screen - nothing no BSOD just blanc screen At no stage was I ever asked for a serial number as with a Win XP installation so I am completely lost as to where I am in the installation process I do not really know what to expect or if I should leave the installation longer when in the blanc screen mode Basically I was expecting some feedback from the installation where it is and not just a blanc screen as it seems to always end up in I have previously checkd that Windows -bit will run on my ASUS P G T-M LE motherboard with Gb of memory There is only a wireless card and a basic soundblaster audio card installed Windows XP pro -bit is already installed and working on the other partition and I can still acess it no problems I was expecting the Windows installation to run smoother and with no issues but this is not the case and I have no idea what could be wrong if there are some drivers missing or other compatibility problems etc Would appreciate some ideas on what might be wrong and how to proceed Thanks in advance Cheers Mik

A:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit installation fails to finish on home build ASUS

Hi aplhonique

Take a look at the tutorial below

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/282594-windows-7-pro-64-bit-installation-fails-finish-home-build-asus.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok so I fresh prem. build, New install Win7 of home Issues built a new PC lastnight and proceeded to install what I thought to be Windows Home Premium bit After the installation was done I checked system properties and it's showing as a bit OS Here are my system specs AMD Phenom II x T Thuban Ghz Processor Gb of G Skill Ripjaws DDR Ram Gigabyte GA- GPA-UD H New build, fresh install of Win7 home prem. Issues AM AMD GX Mobo Onboard Video ATI Radeon HD Antec Earthwatts w continuous PSU Crossfire ready Onboard Audio Realtec ALC When I try and check my Windows Score it says it can't rate my machine due to missing proper multi-media devices Basically what i am asking is How can I tell that the disk I New build, fresh install of Win7 home prem. Issues used was infact bit Can my onboard video chipset cause it to not install as bit Did I simply get swindled and was i given a bit version instead Should the install disk prompt me for or bit installs I am completely lost with this as I definitely want the bit version and would gladly pay for the upgrade from Home premium to Ultimate bit if that's the case or buy a new copy I bought the disk from an ex Dell New build, fresh install of Win7 home prem. Issues employee and it's legit key wise and labeled as bit but is not offering me any options to choose bit installation Only installing as bit Any help would be great Thanks in advance

A:New build, fresh install of Win7 home prem. Issues

Simply go to Control Panel > System, the screen there tells you what you need to know as far as the OS is concerned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/94948-new-build-fresh-install-win7-home-prem-issues.html
Relevancy 43%

I want to upgrade from vista to the new 7100 beta and have a few questions. I know the programs are removed but are the other files such as media also removed. I have a large music collection on my computer and i cant transfer it anywhere else so if it does then i will have to hold off until i can.

A:Vista Home 32bit to Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7100

Hmm? Programs are removed in an upgrade from Vista to 7? I haven't done that upgrade, Vista to 7, but I doubt there are any programs removed :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7847-vista-home-32bit-windows-7-ultimate-build-7100-a.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi friends Please help me design a budget PC that I can use mostly for recording and editing purpose but also use it occasionally for watching DVD movies Given underneath are my requirements What are you going to use the PC for gt Home audio home build suitable budget audio me editing & for Help PC recording recording and editing gt Will run old audio software like quot Cool Edit Pro GoldWave and Audition quot gt Will mostly involve quot voice overs quot that will be mixed with pre-recorded music tracks gt May mix upto - tracks in Help me build budget PC suitable for home audio recording & editing WAV format per recording and later convert them to other formats depending on requirement How much is your budget gt Unable to decide on a figure but would like the PC to be a mid-range machine neither too costly nor too cheap gt Please suggest minimum expense keeping in mind best configuration that can be upgraded in the near future without much loss Where are you located a k a fill out your profile gt New Delhi India Are you willing to buy online gt No Would prefer to purchase the components from a reliable local vendor Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build gt No Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others gt Yes All basic peripherals that make a PC However can do without a mid or high end video card gt Prefer to have a minimum of Gb RAM gt Minimum one Gb HDD gt Suggest a decent quality sound card Don t require those that are high end or suitable for gaming purpose Have you already bought any parts gt No Do you have an Operating System OS gt Currently have Win XP SP gt Would like to move to Win bit or bit if they support my old recording software Would not like to spend extra on upgrading my other software just because the new platforms cannot support them Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup gt Frankly do not know However won t be overclocking the CPU for any reason gt Would prefer a silent machine without much internal noise NOTE gt I would like to build a machine around Core i P combo which I believe should be a decent machine at the moment I can even move down to i P combo it it saves money and yet meets my requirements However please feel free to recommend configurations that you gentlemen feel are best for me Thanks in advance for your help Cheers nbsp

A:Help me build budget PC suitable for home audio recording & editing

You can start with the buying guides and swap out the video card for a better sound card if needed or just downgrade to a basic video card.

http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/
http://techreport.com/articles.x/19159

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-build-budget-pc-suitable-for-home-audio-recording-editing.152254/
Relevancy 42.57%

Like many others, I have lost the sound on my computer. This happened after I unplugged my speakers to have them repaired and when I plugged in new speakers the sound didn't work. I can't figure out how to get it back. I have a Unimodem Half Duplex Audio device, SoftV92 Voice Modem with SmartCP, Audio codecs, Legacy Audio drivers, Legacy Video capture devices, Media control devices, video codecs. In the Device Manager there are big yellow question marks beside Multimedia Audio Controller and Parallel Device. The comment related to both of these says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)." When I try to update the driver for each of these, the computer tells me that there is nothing installed. Don't have a clue how to fix this or where to even start. Can anyone help? I have attached information from Belarc Advisor about my system.ThanksCarol

A:No sound on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

When I try to update the driver for each of these, the computer tells me that there is nothing installedYou have to go to your computer manufacturer site and download necessary driver(s) from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373732/no-sound-on-windows-xp-home-edition-service-pack-3-build-2600/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all.

New to this forum. Just wondering if anyone can help me.
My problem is that my Laptop either crashes or freezes.

- It doesn't happen in Safe Mode
- I have attempted System Restore from a save point before the issue first happening , re-installing from hidden partition, and finally a complete format and re-installation of Vista.

I gather from this that it is probably software related, but really not sure how as I completely re-installed Windows.

Thanks in advance.

A:Vista 32 Home Premium Crash issue

When you say crashes, what do you mean please?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303875-vista-32-home-premium-crash-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

my windows oftenly crash everytime i refreshes the desktop for more than 3 times or open a larger memory folder.(eg. documents or the C:drive)

this is the details of the crashes:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec4aa8e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000533dd
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1086

FIY: I already done cmd:sfc/scannow thingy..but after the scan finish, there were some of the files unable to repair...

Im totaly blank-out now.... HELP ME PLS!!!!

A:Explorer.exe crash (Windows 7 home premium x64)

Welcome aboard.

If we can see your system log and event log files, it would be easier to understand the situations for us. Follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so that we can get those files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257197-explorer-exe-crash-windows-7-home-premium-x64.html
Relevancy 42.57%

BSOD crash after computer hung attempted restart after registry restore.Manually shut it down. Error msg: *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0XF8A0C528, 0xc0000034,0x00000000, 0x00000000). Kept looping through startup in loop loading bar going across then flashes of the following: windows screen, flash of blue screen, no input signal, Sony screen, XP system options. Hit f8 to windows advanced Options Menu. Tried last known good config twice but same loop and all safe modes but no go. Followed directive in your post and did following: Black Screen Hang (before splash screen shows)
- Disk Diagnostic
- CHKDSK /F /R (try to boot)
- fixmbr (try to boot)
- fixboot (try to boot)
- Safe Mode (try to boot) Any suggestions please aside from reformatting? Thanks!

A:XP Home BSOD Crash and Endless Loop

System manufacturer and model?How...and why...did you "attempt to restore the registry"?Is This your post at another forum?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429657/xp-home-bsod-crash-and-endless-loop/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all,
I'm having an issue with service pack 3 causing a Compaq Presario SR1550NX running XP home to crash. Once the service pack is installed, it reboots but I never makes it past the Windows splash screen before rebooting itself. It also momentarily flashes a blue screen but it doesn't remain long enough on the screen for me to see what the error msg is. Has anyone else had this happen? Everything works fine when I reinstall the system files but service pack three sort of hoses the entire system. Would appreciate any help.

Ken

A:XP home crash after service pack 3 install

which processor do u have, and restart the computer and keep taping f8 keys, you will be advanced menu option,
select disable automatic restart at system failure,
u will get blue screen with some information.
in technical information what is the error code.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-crash-after-service-pack-3-install-251456.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Had a system crash cant figure out whats wrong copied the details from problem reports and solutions any ideas

Problem signature
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini030311-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 86E743F0
BCP3: B2000000
BCP4: 1040080F
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 3fc6ce96-6992-44fa-b61a-99040df29172

A:system crash vista 32-bit home premium

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-...rectable-hardware-error-0x00000124-*1289.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-crash-vista-32-bit-home-premium.983982/
Relevancy 42.57%

Some please help me . I was typing and my laptop screen blacked out. I tried to recover it, it said error 100a. I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC. I have windows vista home premium with a 64 bit.

A:windows vista home premium crash

Hi and welcome to TSF please check out the info here http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operati...100a/m-p/75042

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-vista-home-premium-crash-456566.html
Relevancy 42.57%

First off friends desktop not mine Dell Demension XP Home Edition sp Will not boot up - system config Cannot boot in any mode from F Have Dell XP Install CD disc Recovery console not previously installed Cannot access So obviosly can t chkdsk or rstrui exe Created a floppy thru my boot XP crash config No home sys32 XP Pro and editted and yes realized there are partitions boot ini ntldr ntdetect Had to go thru Windows Setup and enable all floppy s Will not boot with this floppy Get message Error allocating No boot XP home sys32 config crash mem bar for pci device Have uplugged replugged all drive hardware except C No boot XP home sys32 config crash No good Unplugged D and Writter from motherboard to create more usable memory - no good Have tried using the Win Xp exe from flash drive - No boot XP home sys32 config crash not recognized Is it plausable to download and burn a recovery console for use If so where She would like to download back-up her Documents then I ll wipe clean and reinstall XP I have viewed the MS forums most all suggest downloading and using the disc system Can t use a Any other sugestions would be welcome BTW this is the rd mother board nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have an app called X Video Converter that has been excellent in converting various video formats mpeg gt avi avi gt mpeg including joins and splits etc After using it for about mos all of a sudden it will crash with a reminder from windows that quot there is a problem and Xp In Video Apps Crash Home Converter X Video Converter must close quot I have been emailing back and forth with support Video Converter Apps Crash In Xp Home for the software and they have had me try uninstalling reinstalling deleting codecs and downloading specific ones etc I decided to try another Video Converter on a trial basis and after downloading it I got the same error message It seems to be affecting only video converters since my audio converters function nicely I had downloaded Windows Medial Player and thought that might have been the problem so I converted back to Media Player and still had the problem Has anyone had experience with app crashes of this sort with XP I am at my wits end nbsp

A:Video Converter Apps Crash In Xp Home

Do you think WMP10 uninstalled itself completely without leaving any new files (like DRM libraries) behind? I don't. I'd try a restore point before its installation date if I was you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-converter-apps-crash-in-xp-home.16765/
Relevancy 42.57%

First post - I searched for this issue and did not find it but I apologize if I missed it I ve mostly got Vista configured the browsing folder on home Vista crash to way I like it by now and it s treating me alright but I have a very annoying issue that s cropped up recently - upon browsing Vista crash on browsing to home folder to my home folder I Users Ian Explorer crashes almost instantly I ve had some issues with Explorer and thumbnails before so I initially figured there was something in there that was casuing Explorer to crash upon trying to render it but I ve cleared everything out of the directory except the folders inside of it and it still crashes - and I can view all the folders it contains just fine so I figure it can t be anything inside of them that it s trying to render a mini-thumbnail of for a folder picture Explorer dies just a second after I can see and even click on its contents I can browse my directory in a save load file dialog fine I can t link the installation of any particular program to the date this started happening I have shut down every other task to see if any cause the issue but none seem to Any help would be really appreciated nbsp

A:Vista crash on browsing to home folder

I have the exact same problem, and I also have no idea where it came from. Turning off thumbnails works for me, or you can change the folder's view settings to small icons, list, or details. All other view settings will make thumbnails which will cause it to crash. I also tried using Disk Cleanup to delete all of the thumbnails, but it didn't work. Vista also likes to randomly change the views for no reason, so turning off thumbnails might work better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-crash-on-browsing-to-home-folder.659814/
Relevancy 42.57%

I got my vista home premium update (as usual) and i turn it off after it was over.
When i started the next day it was configuring the updates in the third step and it didn't even move from 0% and the it got restarted, and it was the same story over and over until the battery died...
WHAT CAN I DO!?

A:Windows home premium updates crash

MS about this The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista and Windows 7

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/257489-windows-home-premium-updates-crash.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspirion 6000 (year 2005) that had XP home version installed. It was deteriorating in performance recently and last week went into "blue screen" mode with some memory dump error or some such message.

I was unable to find the recovery CD so a friend of mine suggested to install XP Professional in an effort to recover the data on the disk. We did manage to get XP Professional installed, although some of the devices (Audio, CD etc.) are not working. We were able to get most of the files from the hard drive but I can't get to the files from the desktops of both profiles (the old OS has a admin and guest profile). Are there any suggestions to find these files.

thanks.

JG

A:Dell PC XP home crash - coversion to XP professional

Take ownership of the files http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-pc-xp-home-crash-coversion-to-xp-professional-405888.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys,

My Dell i6000 with Win XP Home has been working fine. Upon boot up today winlogon.exe crashed and subsequently windows explorer keeps crashing every 30 secs or so.
When I proceed to shutdown, the winlogon BSOD appears and I have to hard reset the computer.

A family member uses this computer but to my best knowledge no updates or software installs have occured within the past 24 hours of this error.

If anyone can offer help it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows XP Home winlogon.exe & win explorer crash at startup

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:18:12 PM, on 2/10/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgchsvx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgrsx.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgnsx.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\conime.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINPENJR\Win32\pphidpad.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtMng.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosA2dp.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHsp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwwin.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: X1IEHook Class - {52706EF7-D7A2-49AD-A615-E903858CF284} - C:\Program Files\NetZero\qsacc\x1IEBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: NTIECatcher Class - {C56CB6B0-0D96-11D6-8C65-B2868B609932} - C:\Program Files\Xi\NetTransport 2\NTIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZeroBar - {F5735C15-1FB2-41FE-BA12-242757E69DDE} - C:\Program Files\NetZero\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Progra... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-winlogon-exe-win-explorer-crash-at-startup.901947/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys,

My Dell i6000 with Win XP Home has been working fine. Upon boot up today winlogon.exe crashed and subsequently windows explorer keeps crashing every 30 secs or so.

When I proceed to shutdown, the winlogon BSOD appears and I have to hard reset the computer.

A family member uses this computer but to my best knowledge no updates or software installs have occured within the past 24 hours of this error.

If anyone can offer help it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows XP Home winlogon.exe & win explorer crash at startup

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgchsvx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgrsx.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgnsx.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\conime.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINPENJR\Win32\pphidpad.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtMng.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosA2dp.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHsp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwwin.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: X1IEHook Class - {52706EF7-D7A2-49AD-A615-E903858CF284} - C:\Program Files\NetZero\qsacc\x1IEBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: NTIECatcher Class - {C56CB6B0-0D96-11D6-8C65-B2868B609932} - C:\Program Files\Xi\NetTransport 2\NTIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZeroBar - {F5735C15-1FB2-41FE-BA12-242757E69DDE} - C:\Program Files\NetZero\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSSch... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-winlogon-exe-win-explorer-crash-at-startup.901902/
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently built a new computer, and used an old OEM disc I got a few years ago from a school promotion.

So I reinstalled Windows 7 on this new computer, no problems, installs regularly, and I start to install my new programs. Well some of them work fine and some don't, and what I've learned from testing is that 64-bit programs DO NOT start. They will install and they will install fine, but if I launch them, they crash before starting up completely. I am almost entirely sure that this is a software issue. For example, when I installed Teamspeak 64bit, it would not start, but 32bit Teamspeak works fine.

I have attached an image of the kind of error report that most of the programs give me when I try to start them. Important is the Exception Code: c000001d

Also, I run an Intel i7 4790k at 4.00GHz, 16GB 1866MHz RAM, and a Nvidia GTX 980 Ti.

A:64-bit Processor, 64-bit W7 Home Premium, 64-bit programs crash at startup

I would check two things. 1: Make sure you are running 64 bit windows. 2: If you are, make sure your Motherboard allows 64bit.
Additionally, make sure you have at least 4 gigs of RAM, if you are on 7, or 8.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585513/64-bit-processor-64-bit-w7-home-premium-64-bit-programs-crash-at-startup/
Relevancy 42.14%

Over the past few months my home network has been repeatedly downed by wirelessly-connected laptops and cellphones while they are downloading files When Home Laptops/Cellphones Network Crash Downloading whether it s app updates or other software I started to notice the problems when one of my laptops when attempting to receive messages in Outlook would instead crash the entire network When I hardwired the Laptops/Cellphones Crash Home Network When Downloading laptop to the router a Netgear WGT v the problem resolved itself Yesterday however I got a new laptop and while downloading something it brought down the entire network just like old times It wasn t Laptops/Cellphones Crash Home Network When Downloading a fluke either as it occurred repeatedly The problems with my cellphone and app updates have not ceased -------- Current Desktop IPconfig Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Nick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nick-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix comcast net Description NETGEAR FA Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter Physical Address - -E - -F -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d fcc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday May PM Lease Expires Saturday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EA- D- - - - - - B-BC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - - - B-BC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c e bde ce Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c e bde ce Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap F F - A F- DC- - D C A A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Current Laptop working IPconfig Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Nick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name win Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address C- - A- D- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix comcast net Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address EC- -F - E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b fe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday May PM Lease Expires Saturday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F- C- - A- - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Addre... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

I get a fatal crash and the system reboots when defragmentation tries to move the file
c:\documents and Settings\...\Application Data\Google\Google Desktop Search\ dbvm.cf1
This still happens even though I have uninstalled Google Desktop (and all other Google applications listed in Add/Remove programs.) There are still multiple folders and files in the above Google folder.

The problem first appeared when I installed Google's Picasa and then tried to simultaneously use Outlook Express. The system crashed and rebooted with what I remember as the same fatal error message that I am now getting with defrag.

Any help would be much appreciated.

David

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP Home: System crash while defragmenting

Hi Davidwil,

Go to Start, then to Run, and type in "SFC.EXE /SCANNOW"? (without the quotes - and with a space between the SFC.EXE and the /SCANNOW). After it runs, try your defrag again. You may also want to consider a program called Defraggler. It's a Defrag utility that is free and may work better than the defrag utility in Windows. Let me know what happens.

Have a great weekend!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-home-system-crash-while-defragmenting-564904.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I had Vaio Notebook which had dual VGA mode running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits. Since day 1, it was randomly freeze or crash. This happened almost everyday when I turn it on. I've search thoroughly on the Net but found nothing close to my problem. Recently I found it myself, what seem the cause of the problem. It seem come from my VGA driver on local services "AMD External Events Utility" with executable file "C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe". Since I disabled this services, my system seem to work fine until now.

Hope this help you that had the same problem till AMD release fixes to this issue.

Thanks

A:Random crash with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Thanks for letting us know! I'm sure that it will help others!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178961-random-crash-windows-7-home-premium-64bit.html