Windows Support Forum

Full screen videos crashing to black screen and buzzing

Q: Full screen videos crashing to black screen and buzzing

My computer has a problem with crashing while playing a video in full screen. When it crashes the screen turns black while the speakers give out a buzzing noise. Everything is unresposive the only solution is to turn it off with the power button. It happens in any full screen video online or offline and even visualizations from windows media player and iTunes, but only in full screen. I don't think it's overheating either because sometimes it takes 30 mins to crash and other times it will crash immediately when put in full screen. *I've tried setting it back to factory settings thus reinstalling windows. *All the directx features are working with no reported problem there.*
I don't think it's a memory issue in the computer, as my specs are:
Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: intel core i5 3.20 GHz
Ram: 8 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Graphics card memory: 0.5 GB
Any other ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Full screen videos crashing to black screen and buzzing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Full screen videos crashing to black screen and buzzing

Quote: Originally Posted by qwerty5

My computer has a problem with crashing while playing a video in full screen. When it crashes the screen turns black while the speakers give out a buzzing noise. Everything is unresposive the only solution is to turn it off with the power button. It happens in any full screen video online or offline and even visualizations from windows media player and iTunes, but only in full screen. I don't think it's overheating either because sometimes it takes 30 mins to crash and other times it will crash immediately when put in full screen. *I've tried setting it back to factory settings thus reinstalling windows. *All the directx features are working with no reported problem there.*
I don't think it's a memory issue in the computer, as my specs are:
Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: intel core i5 3.20 GHz
Ram: 8 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Graphics card memory: 0.5 GB
Any other ideas?

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153152-full-screen-videos-crashing-black-screen-buzzing.html
Relevancy 110.94%

I've tried updating the drivers, making sure nothing was overclocked, ram memtest and furmark. memtest found no errors, same with chkdsk and it didn't crash in furmark
my average temp of gpu is 31 degrees Celsius.

It plays sound for a few seconds afterward but then becomes unresponsive to the power button and keyboard so I have to turn the psu off.

Help would be greatly appreciated

and for some reason it keeps posting this in general discussion not bsod support

A:Black screen when watching videos full screen and exiting games

How old is your PSU? what brand is the PSU? the video card is Radeon? Have you tried to put the video card into a different PCIe slot? have you tried to do a "clean boot", with only MS programmes starting, as in diagnostic startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345372-black-screen-when-watching-videos-full-screen-exiting-games.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Thank you for Full Black. Videos Randomly Screen Flash taking the time to read this I have a Dell computer with Windows operating system When watching videos say like on youtube or Netflix the scree will turn black for a few seconds then return to normal It does not happen every time but it does happen often When it does happen I can watch it just fine Full Screen Videos Randomly Flash Black. in small screen or whatever its called when you don t make it full screen The video continues to play so its not loading or anything Full Screen Videos Randomly Flash Black. like that it just flashes black for a few seconds Sometimes it does it throughout the whole video or just once at the beginning of the video or when I switch it to full screen Also I don t Full Screen Videos Randomly Flash Black. know if this is related but if I pause the video and then start it back the sound is louder but still set at the same volume Once I either increase or decrease the sound it will return back to normal level Also this occurred when I first bought the computer around a year ago with windows then when windows came out it updated but the problem still occurred Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-screen-videos-randomly-flash-black.1158440/
Relevancy 91.59%

When i connect my laptop to my HDMI tv and when i try to play any video on youtube or from hard drive the screen goes blank and i here only audio when video is played in fullscreen. This happens only for 1080p resolution. I have full hd tv and i tried other laptops that works fine. Please anybody have any solution to this problem?

A:Screen goes blank while playing videos full screen when conn...

Same problem on my HP Pavilion

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-goes-blank-while-playing-videos-full-screen-when/td-p/5829057
Relevancy 87.72%

Built my own computer, and for a while it ran fine, but now when I try to play League of Legends it will crash often. Sometimes the game freezes, and no method of input will change the screen until I hold down the power button. In this case my speakers emit a high pitched noise. Other times the screen will go black, and the computer will automatically restart. Other times I will get a blue screen with the error code 0x00007e. Please help this is getting very annoying!

I should note that it is not often that it crashes, sometimes it will happen twice in a short time, sometimes it will take days.

DMP files uploaded as per posting instructions, please inform me if you need anything more, thank you!

A:BSOD or black screen while playing League of Legends or Full Screen YT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD =
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Probably hardware. Clean out dust in the system, if you have overclocked stop and revert to original settings. The link contains the most probable solution to your problem. IF the problem cannot be fixed i suggest lowering the vcore a tad tad bit.
Here are stresstests to possibly help rule a few things out. : Stresstests:
Ram : RAM - Test with Memtest86+
General hardware: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 ( (Three pre-set configurations are available: Small FFTs and In-place FFTs, and Blend. Small and In-place modes primarily test the FPU and the caches of the CPU, whereas the Blend mode tests everything, including the memory.)
Graphics: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark (Do the above Graphics test only with the latest drivers, and then Run it until the temperatures stop increasing; should be less then 10 minutes. If you don't see any crazy glitches or distortion on the screen, The test most likely passed. Take note if the Temperature gets too high, or you see Visual artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to stop the test.)
Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253430-bsod-black-screen-while-playing-league-legends-full-screen-yt.html
Relevancy 87.29%

OS - Windows x What was the original installed OS Screen and Crash, Buzzing Black on sthe ystem Yes Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Approximate age of system hardware gt month Approximate age of OS installation if you know gt month Have you re-installed the OS No CPU i k Video Card R x Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing MotherBoard if NOT Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing a laptop msi pc mate z Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop corsair cx m I was getting some slight video flickering with white horizontal lines when watching videos with vlc when it crashed the first time Reinstalled AMD drivers which seemed to fix the problem Video flickering went away and I continued to watch videos for the rest of the night without issue Woke up this morning and played Portal for two hours without issue Then watched videos for an hour or Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing so before the second crash Both crashes resulted in a loud buzz most likely the audio looping and a black screen that forced me to restart the computer by holding the power button Any help is appreciated thank you

A:Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing

It would immediately seem like a graphics related issue. Have you tried a separate graphics card or the on-board integrated graphics chip if available on your motherboard?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-black-screen-and-buzzing-953449.html
Relevancy 86.43%

The problem started around a week or two ago. When I run full screen games, the screen becomes black and the system does not respond to anything. Programs in the background still run as audio can still be heard. I suspect it may be BSOD but am unsure. The problem does not occur right away, it happens when the program has been on for around 10 minutes.

Some additional info: When I received the computer from the seller, I accidentally uninstalled some drivers and had to reinstall them. I tried to find the drivers on the NVIDIA site but the ones marked for my GPU did not work. I found another driver that worked, but I am not sure if that caused other issues.

- Windows 7
- 64 bit
- Original Vista installation
- Full retail OS version
- Hardware around 2 years old
- Windows 7 installed July 13, 09
- Intel Core2 Duo [email protected]
- NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
- System Manufacturer: Gateway

A:Black screen when running full screen games

One crash from back in January blaming a network driver

Code:
NETw5s64.sys Wed Jan 13 11:37:13 2010 (4B4DF6B9)
Update your driver - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...20Applications

Code:
31/12/2008 11:29:28 AM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\evbda.sys
This belongs to a Broadcom network device. It shows that it isn't running, but the driver is still on the computer and is from 2008. Either uninstall it or update it - Broadcom.com - Broadcom License Agreement

Code:
07/01/2011 9:07:22 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Video card is outdated.
Download newest driver from here - NVIDIA DRIVERS 295.73 WHQL
Uninstall current device from device manager. Make sure to choose the option to remove driver software.
Reboot and then install latest package

Code:
sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632)
Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD removal tool. This driver causes many BSOD/computer problems - DuplexSecure

Code:
SRTSP64.SYS Tue Jan 22 00:16:07 2008 (47957C17)
SRTSPX64.SYS Tue Jan 22 00:17:58 2008 (47957C86)
These belong to your Symantec product. Make sure your stuff is all up to date.

Code:
Event[150]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 2012-02-24T12:49:46.000
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: JuiceBox-PC
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4 (0x00000000000000f6, 0x00000000000000dc, 0xfffffa8006e30060, 0xfffff8800429fea9). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 022412-32697-01.
This is in your event log, but there is no minidump file. Do you run any system cleaners? If you do, stop, because they delete minidumps.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Tue Jan 17 11:12:09.119 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 3 days 13:17:19.981
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+1f7e43 )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_NETw5s64+1f7e43
BiosReleaseDate = 12/16/2008
SystemManufacturer = Gateway
SystemProductName = P-7805u
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2260
CurrentSpeed: 2261
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-when-running-full-screen-games-632368.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I need help Netflix screen screen YouTube Black full and on I talked to NetFlix they are stumped I Black screen on Netflix and full screen YouTube changed video cards and got the latest drivers I even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled my applications This last got rid of the problem but Black screen on Netflix and full screen YouTube it came back At this point when I try to watch a Netflix video on my computer m either in a window or in full screen mode I hear the audio track but only see a black screen A YouTube video is fine in a window but full screen mode is pure black though with audio Other videos players will sometimes go to black in full screen I am running Windows XP SP on a gHz computer with MB ram The new video card is an NVidia GeForce AGP with MB ram I am using a DVI connection to an ASUS LED monitor I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem Does anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance for any help anyone may offer on this subject C

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-on-netflix-and-full-screen-youtube-617273.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi throughout the past week I have been having a problem when I attempt to exit from any full screen application Most of the mode Black after exiting screen screen full time the screen Black screen after exiting full screen mode goes completely black except for the mouse cursor All inputs are responsive and I am able to restart the computer using the keyboard which fixes the problem The problem occurs Black screen after exiting full screen mode if full screen mode is interrupted in any manner close restore minimize etc I am planning to perform a series of tests tonight in an attempt to determine whether the Black screen after exiting full screen mode problem is software or hardware related In the mean time I was hoping that someone here would have had experience with this manner of problem in the past Last but not least here are the afflicted system's specifications AMD Athlon XP processor Biostar M NCD Ultra motherboard w NVidia NForce chipset ATI Radeon Pro Sapphire MB PC RAM dual channel Other system specifications available upon request Thank you for taking the time to read this

A:Black screen after exiting full screen mode

Hi, Welcome to TSF

Whenever I have fullscreen problems I use dxdiag to check out DirectX, and reinstall my graphics drivers.

Can you please post the results of your tests?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-exiting-full-screen-mode-59907.html
Relevancy 86.43%

While going on my laptop, the screen will occasionally go black, sometimes making a weird buzzing noise too. It happens randomly, but I noticed that watching YouTube videos does trigger it. The only thing I can do is turn it off and on again, but I'm looking for a more sustainable solution and I'm also wondering if it could be a driver problem. This only started yesterday but since then it has happened quite a number of times, and I haven't even owned the laptop for a month. There are 3 accounts on this laptop and I asked my siblings if they experienced similar problems on their accounts but they have not.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Screen-suddenly-goes-black-and-or-starts-buzzing/td-p/5704764
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello all first time posting here I've been having some issues with my computer crashing It normally occurs when playing a game mostly minecraft and while I'm listening to pandora When the crash occurs there is no signal to my monitor and a buzzing occurs through the speakers for a couple seconds and then stops Here is my system copied from system info OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name ------------ System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group System Model A E System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version buzzing, Black no monitor signal and to screen, Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name ---------------------- Time Zone Pacific Daylight Black screen, buzzing, and no signal to monitor Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys More info is probably needed so please let me know what else I should do Thanks a lot in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-buzzing-and-no-signal-to-monitor-583327.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything i'm new to the forum Recently my computer has started crashing randomly It mostly happens when i am playing various games but has also happened once when i was just watching a video on YouTube When it crashes both of my monitors go black as if they were going into buzzing Random followed reset by screen, then black standby mode then after a couple of seconds i start hearing a loud buzzing sound through Random black screen, followed by buzzing then reset my headset then after about - seconds the computer just restarts itself The computer is custom built and is just over years old but this crash as only started happening within the last month and a bit The crashes themselves are completely sporadic some times i can go several days even a week or so playing games with no problems then the next day it will crash during a game and then again the next day Sorry about the lack of detail in the specs but im not that great with troubleshooting so if there is any other information you need please let me know how i can get it Specs CPU AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor GHz OS Windows bit Service Pack GPU GeForce GTX GB RAM Thanks in advance for any help

A:Random black screen, followed by buzzing then reset

I'm still hoping someone can help with this.

It just did the crash again this morning after only being on for 30 minutes, when it had reset itself windows popped up an error box saying Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown with these details,

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8010769010
BCP2: FFFFF88012205D1C
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I'm not sure if this is any help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-black-screen-followed-by-buzzing-then-reset-880849.html
Relevancy 86.43%

When playing a graphic intense game or playing a lower end one like minecraft while watching a movie my computer crashes to a black screen There is also a buzzing noise it sounds like what should be playing except in Black buzzing sound and when screen gaming slow motion and buzzing I'm not sure what kind Black screen and buzzing sound when gaming of test I need to do it is the first time I have had a hardware problem My specs Operating System MS Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU AMD Phenom II X C Deneb nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A GTD-PRO AM Graphics MAGNAVOX x AL W x ATI Radeon HD Series Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD EALS- Z A ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST BD-RE UH LS ATA Device Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device My computer does not go over C when running and I cleaned it recently What kind of test do I need to do what Black screen and buzzing sound when gaming can I do to find the problem

A:Black screen and buzzing sound when gaming

Hello and Welcome,

Does this only happen when gaming or watching movies?

Boot the PC into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings.

Once back in Windows download and install HWMonitor

Once the program is installed post a screenshot at idle and while the PC is under load.

You can ALT+Tab to the program to take the screenshot.

Is the buzzing noise coming from the speakers or inside the PC?

What brand/wattage PSU are you currently using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-and-buzzing-sound-when-gaming-673670.html
Relevancy 86%

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP! Hello, non tech savvy guy getting blue screen crashes ( now more frequently and coupled with a lovely and grating loud buzz, woo hoo! ) I got a " Driver IQL not Less or Equal to " error the last time on the bluescreen. But I read that these errors can mean a lot of things. The crashing seems to correspond with video running, but it doesnt happen all the time when the vid is running. Its an onboard video as you can see, and Im not even sure thats the problem. Anyway, I have tried to follow the directions and attach the appropriate screenshots and files for you guys ( OMG, he actually read it !), so please let me know what you think - Thanks much oh knowledgeable ones!

Oh. Additionally, I see a small black screen pop up and go away quickly upon reboot.

A:Blue Screen Crashing with Loud Buzzing - For the Love of Humanity!

Quote: Originally Posted by jsential

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP! Hello, non tech savvy guy getting blue screen crashes ( now more frequently and coupled with a lovely and grating loud buzz, woo hoo! ) I got a " Driver IQL not Less or Equal to " error the last time on the bluescreen. But I read that these errors can mean a lot of things. The crashing seems to correspond with video running, but it doesnt happen all the time when the vid is running. Its an onboard video as you can see, and Im not even sure thats the problem. Anyway, I have tried to follow the directions and attach the appropriate screenshots and files for you guys ( OMG, he actually read it !), so please let me know what you think - Thanks much oh knowledgeable ones!

Oh. Additionally, I see a small black screen pop up and go away quickly upon reboot.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192541-blue-screen-crashing-loud-buzzing-love-humanity.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi im not quite sure what is wrong my laptop keeps just shutting down randomly but then other times the screen will go crazy and it will need to be turned off and sometime makes a buzzing sound.
Any help would be awesome thanks.

A:screen going crazy buzzing sounds crashing and booting down randomly.

just shutting down randomlyClick to expand...

99% of the time this indicates a heat issue.
First don't keep turning it on and letting it shut down because you'll end up burning other parts.
Clean out the laptop so it runs cooler.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-going-crazy-buzzing-sounds-crashing-and-booting-down-randomly.1134530/
Relevancy 85.57%

I just bought a samsung T220 and when i play a video with any program I can hear the backround but the program shows a black screen. I think it has to do with the drivers but don't know how to fix it. It definetely has nothing to do with the resolution cause I tried tweeking it and had no results.Help!! thank you.

A:New screen plays videos in black screen

Have you tried going to the Samsung website to get the latest drivers? Or to the website for your video card?

Another thought is your monitor might not be fully compatible with your video card, try plugging in a different monitor and see if you get the same issue? I know, it's rare as chicken teeth, but I've had it happen to me with a new monitor and a twitchy video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-screen-plays-videos-in-black-screen.771984/
Relevancy 85.57%

When I'm doing something graphically demanding like a video game Black issue [SOLVED] Buzzing hardware and Screen my computer crashes to a black screen and a buzzing coming from my speakers and I have to hard reset It use to only do it when doing games [SOLVED] Black Screen and Buzzing hardware issue like ArmaII but now it does it in minecraft and BF I have cleaned the inside of my computer and I have checked temperatures in BIOS and rd party and they are in a good range I have done a clean install of windows and re-installed all my drivers So I am sure this is a hardware problem Someone suggested that it might be a power supply problem but I think it may be with my video card What do you think is wrong with it What should I do replace CPU AMD Phenom II X C Deneb nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A GTD-PRO AM Graphics MAGNAVOX x AL W x ATI Radeon HD Series Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD EALS- Z A ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST BD-RE UH LS ATA Device

A:[SOLVED] Black Screen and Buzzing hardware issue

Lets see if the voltages can tell us anything.

D/L and run Hardware Monitor do something intense like a virus scan or gaming for a bit, Alt+Tab back to HWM expand all the trees and use the Win7 snipping tool to grab a screen shot of the HWM window, post the screen shot using the paperclip button in the advanced message box(Go Advanced button).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-black-screen-and-buzzing-hardware-issue-677460.html
Relevancy 85.57%

hey so today it happend again where my pc crashed the screen went black and a buzzing noise replaced my music, i was forced to reboot.
ive checked for minidump but there were none.

what could have caused it?
all drivers are up to date and ive tried reinstalling windows over and over but with no luck.

it also happens randomly

A:black screen crash with buzzing sound from speakers

Then, it's likely to be a HW issue. Please start with these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
Be careful and follow each and every step to the letter.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63995-black-screen-crash-buzzing-sound-speakers.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I bought my i k gb gb on Feb from the Microsoft Store It suffered from some black screen issues even after updating everything fully BIOS Intel Nvidia drivers etc The past week a Black screen - noise? Dell 9550 buzzing + XPS new development has occurred The laptop goes to black screen nbsp and a loud buzzing noise Dell XPS 9550 - Black screen + buzzing noise? emits from the speakers It s not the usual coil whine but a really loud buzzing sound This happened once when I was watching a short video on Facebook and again when I was watching a video on Youtube both times using the laptop s speakers It has crashed to a black screen before while watching YT but without the buzzing noise I was using headphones this is new nbsp I have checked that everything has been updated Dell XPS 9550 - Black screen + buzzing noise? and it has yet this is happening nbsp I m past my return date and Dell XPS 9550 - Black screen + buzzing noise? surely all the force shut-downs I have to do because of the black screen can t be good for the laptop I hate that I can t even watch a video without fear of my laptop black screening and making me force reboot Why should I have anxiety over using something I nbsp just nbsp bought and paid so much for Really frustrating laptop Just another problem on top of all the others it has had nbsp

A:Dell XPS 9550 - Black screen + buzzing noise?

I have been having the same problem. It used to be only when I watched videos, but it is happening more frequent and at anytime now. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19679937
Relevancy 85.14%

hi guys i have a problem.in games like hitman absolution,splinter cell i have black screen error.If i play league of legends sometimes i get black screen and sometimes i dont get this error.
i get this error just when i play in full screen.
Can you tell me what i can do?

A:black screen in full screen games

Hi,
No dump file is present in your upload.

Please navigate to C:\windows\minidump and Upload the files if present.

If no files are logged, be sure you have windows configured correctly, you want Minidumps:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

Then re-run the SF Tool and post after your next crash.

In the meantime, you can try updating your ATI Radeon HD drivers as they are out dated.

Uninstall all ATI drivers, Catalyst Control Centre following this method.

This is the Latest Version Display Driver ver. 12.104, that you will need.

Also from your Event Logs:

Code:

Event[946]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2
Date: 2013-08-23T08:10:57.366
Event ID: 4107
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Alex-PC
Description:
Failed extract of third-party root list from auto
update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...uthrootstl.cab> with error:
A required certificate is not within its validity period when
verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.
1. Do you experience incorrect time and date settings on your computer regular?
2. Do you get any Checksum errors at Boot?

If so, replace the CMOS battery on the Motherboard, otherwise:

Please follow: Event ID 4107 or Event ID 11 is logged in the Application log in Windows and in Windows Server

Please uninstall Reg clean Pro, Widows 7 does not need such registry cleaners and they may
do more harm than good. If you need to use a registry cleaner CCleaner is recommended.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302182-black-screen-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Ok so whenever a game launches in fullscreen mode any game I ve tried quite a few I get a black screen and my computer seems unresponsive Alt Tab Alt F and Alt Enter if it s a Steam game do nothing From this I either have to hard reset or sleep wake my laptop which windows the game making it playable I ve noticed that the game will play full screen when run with the integrated graphics processor Intel HD but not with the dedicated graphics card nVidia GeForce GT m but of course the integrated graphics processor on any laptop is never good for gaming Likely meaning it s a software problem with my nVidia card I ve checked the latest drivers and I ve returned the settings in nVidia Control Panel to default settings All the games I ve played worked a couple of months ago but it was exam season so I haven t been gaming on my laptop recently and when I ve tried I ve had these problems I ve attached a DxDiag report if that s of any help to anyone Full specs can be found here Does anyone have any ideas Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor screen games all full Black for screen Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Black screen for all full screen games TOSHIBA PEQAA Antivirus Black screen for all full screen games avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Black screen for all full screen games

Hi there

Update the driver here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/77228

If the games still do not work you have to configure the switchable graphics. This is a feature to save power by automatically allocating the internal graphics card for small applications so that the power hungry graphics card is not used all the time.

Here is a youtube video to help with switchable graphics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8KqkZ5mTpw

Hope this helps
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-for-all-full-screen-games.1131309/
Relevancy 85.14%

I just installed new nvidia drivers after using Driver Cleaner. Now whenever I exit a full screen game, the screen is all black. I can still see the mouse change when I move it around. If I use the switch user shortcut and log back in, everything looks fine, but doing this constantly is getting annoying. So how do I get rid of the screen turning black after exiting a full screen program?

A:Black screen after exiting full screen

do you have direct X 9.0c?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-exiting-full-screen-119333.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I am absolutely stumped Starting around GMT- screen Black game screen after full my computer has been displaying a black screen after exiting or minimizing a full screen game The only thing still visible is the mouse cursor The desktop still responds and I am able to restore a minimized game which Black screen after full screen game solves the problem until I minimize it again or close it I can also restart which solves it until I open another game This has occurred before around one month ago It eventually went away after a week or so I posted back then but no one responded Hopefully someone can help me this Black screen after full screen game time because it is a very annoying problem So far I have checked all my video card settings made sure everything is updated completed virus and spyware scans defragmented reinstalled graphics drivers checked for unusual startup entries and checked my Hijack This log I was unable to determine what the cause of this phenomena was For your convenience here are my computer specifications AMD Athlon XP processor Biostar M NCD Ultra mothreboard ATI Radeon Pro MB video card MB PC RAM Thank you for taking the time to read this Hopefully someone here can help me out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-full-screen-game.393231/
Relevancy 84.28%

Screen goes black then turns a random solid color with buzzing noise Had this problem for a long time gt year now its getting really turns color Screen a goes black then noise solid buzzing with annoying and I want to try and fix it I usually then have to hold the power button to turn it off - My temps for both my CPU Screen goes black then turns a solid color with buzzing noise and GPU are fine whenever this happens - Only happens when I play games sometimes it happens fast sometimes I can go for hours before it happens - Almost always happens in FPS type games like Overwatch or Bioshock but very rarely happens in MMOs like League of Legends - Tested with memtest futuremark and prime all were fine - Recently updated to Windows but even when I was in Windows Pro it still happened - Updated GPU drivers recently still didn't fix the problem - GPU not overclocked tried underclocking it once but that didn't help - BIOS has new update I can get but I'm holding off on doing it until I tried everything - I have all the current Windows update Any help is appreciated

A:Screen goes black then turns a solid color with buzzing noise

Your UEFI/BIOS (version FF) dates from 2014.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.Only 6 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.Many, many NIC's installed (229).  Is this deliberate?  If so, why? You have 3 hard drives.  What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?If you have BitDefender 2016 and MalwareBytes Premium installed, you will experience problems from this combination.Although most of the problems are BSOD related, there are also problems that aren't BSOD related.Please have a look at this forum for more discussion of these problems:  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/forum/160-bsod-crashes-kernel-debugging/There haven't been a lot of these problems lately, so I wonder if they've finally fixed things.So, the first step is to update both BitDefender 2016 and MalwareBytes to the latest version.If the problems continue, stop MalwareBytes from running when Windows starts. Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.htmlStart with the video tests and please let us know the results.Good luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618572/screen-goes-black-then-turns-a-solid-color-with-buzzing-noise/
Relevancy 84.28%

i k Gigabyte GB GB G SKILL DDR GIGABYTE GA-Z A-D H-B Samsung F R COLOR blue important COLOR blue important TB COLOR COLOR HDD Antec So this problem has been + (black freezes Computer gaming when screen loud buzzing) going on for awhile Thought completing a system upgrade I had been planning would do the trick but of course not I can play games from anywhere from - minutes before my computer completely locks up Virtually any game I ve tried them all BF Computer freezes when gaming (black screen + loud buzzing) WoW Far Cry MW etc Black Computer freezes when gaming (black screen + loud buzzing) sometimes green screen loud sound coming from the speakers as if it is frozen on a gunshot repeating and also if you watch the video card it ceasing functioning It should be noted that this is the second video card this has happened on first on an old and now on my brand new so I know it s Computer freezes when gaming (black screen + loud buzzing) not the cards I just COLOR blue important COLOR blue important installed COLOR COLOR Windows along with a new SSD drive so in the last hours I have completely wiped my old system started up good as new again with a new OS and still this keeps happening All drivers have been downloaded from the developers for video card motherboard etc The only thing I remotely have to go on is when I view my event history or whatever its called Being that my OS HD and SSD are brand new and fresh the only critical error listed is from when the game crashed below Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User COLOR blue important COLOR blue important SYSTEM COLOR COLOR Computer Beast Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Beast lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootAppStatus quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Sorry this is so long wanted to cover as much base as possible Only thing I can think of is maybe my power supply is dying It s about years old but never been an issue http www COLOR blue important COLOR blue important newegg COLOR COLOR com Product Product aspx Item N E Any help is greatly appreciated since I am now officially lost as what to do Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-when-gaming-black-screen-loud-buzzing.1080371/
Relevancy 84.28%

when I play lord of the rings online my screen goes black and makes a buzzing noise within 2 or 3 minutes of playing lord of the rings online

A:when I play lotro my screen goes black and makes a buzzing noise

Hi and welcome to TSG.

What is the exact make and model of the PC assuming its a 'big brand' name like HP, Dell, Acer etc?
If it is a self / custom build what is the make and model of the motherboard, RAM, CPU, GPU, power supply etc?
The more info the better.

Does this only happen in LoTRO or do you have the same problem in other games?
How old is the PC?
Have you ever changed / upgraded any hardware since you got it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-play-lotro-my-screen-goes-black-and-makes-a-buzzing-noise.1080117/
Relevancy 83.85%

If I play a video from ANY source, online or on any player, the video automatically goes full-screen and I am unable to minimize it unless I restart the computer.

I just need to know what causes this in the first place so I can watch a video without it going to full-screen mode on its own. I know there's a setting somewhere, I just can't find it. No button combinations on the keyboard minimize the picture.

There are no viruses or spyware. I'm running Windows XP SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/videos-go-full-screen-on-their-own.673732/
Relevancy 83.42%

So I play Dota and started play COD MW Occasionally my dota will crash with a black screen with a buzzing sound on loop The only way to get out of this is to hard shut down power button for loop screen with to noise crashes a Computer buzzing black/colored seconds This happens very rarely I would say maybe once every games about time for every hours of play I started playing COD MW and the game is unplayable Every - min after joining a game the same crash happens although sometimes the screen is a different color sometimes green light blue etc It is always accompanied by that buzzing noise though This isn't a typical BSOD System Specs AMD Phenom II x Black Edition Ghz G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR MSI FXA-GD EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX HD MB CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX W GB WD RPM HD Windows Ultimate x Hardware is about a year old except the hard drive which is about years old SpeedFan shows that my drive is still in good shape after doing a S M A R T scan The OS isn't to old maybe or months old since doing a fresh Computer crashes to a black/colored screen with buzzing noise loop install Attached are the dump files Thanks for the help and looking at my thread

A:Computer crashes to a black/colored screen with buzzing noise loop

No DMP files in the upload. Please try this method

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Zip up the copy.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214817-computer-crashes-black-colored-screen-buzzing-noise-loop.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Sony Vaio laptop (DxDiag attached, hoping that gives necessary info on hardware and software)

Fairly new laptop, has been in for repairs TWICE due to bluescreens. The SSD and ram has been replaced.

This time the error occurs when watching videos/playing games (it does tend to happen at random, but when gaming it doesnt need more than 20-30 mins before crashing)

The error is the same every time: The screen goes black (but is still lit), while the speakers makes a constant buzzing sound that doesnt stop until I turn off the computer by holding the power button.

I have been without the computer for over 9 weeks for repairs, and this time I want to hear with you guys if there is anything that can be done to avoid that.

Thanks in advance. Please inform me what I need to do in order to help you guys help me!

A:Unknown crash (Screen goes black, speakers make buzzing sound)

DxDiag won't provide us anything on what we need to analyze this crash. You'll want to run a jcgriff report as instructed here.

I want to note that the reason why they replaced the SSD and RAM is because those are the only parts they're willing to replace. If this thing is new as you say, then my initial diagnosis is that we got a mobo or graphics issue (most likely mobo). Either case means replacing the whole laptop.

Send us the generated report, and we should be able to work from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unknown-crash-screen-goes-black-speakers-make-buzzing-sound-576587.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I need help with firefox because i have being trying to see videos on full screen in web sites as you tube and the screen turns black. I will appreciate if someone give me some advices or teach me how to solve my problem. Thanks

A:Problem trying to see videos on full screen

Hi -

I had the same problem, re-install.
Saluti . . .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/problem-trying-to-see-videos-on-full-screen-379650.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I just this new laptop a few days ago and i realized when i play youtube videos it works fine regular but when i put it full screen i get a blank screen. I realized this happens on almost every video that i play, can someone help me??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-full-screen-on-you-tube-videos.721475/
Relevancy 82.99%

Videos work fine when in regular dimensions, but when I click fullscreen it is either black, or the video freezes. The audio works fine.

I cannot right click on the video.

I have tried this both in chrome and safari, and on multiple websites (Youtube, vidxden, etc)

A:Cannot play videos in full screen

If right-click gives you a context-menu when video is playing at the default size:

Click Settings in the context menu.
The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.

Remove the tick from Enable hardware acceleration.
Click 'Close' to close the display panel.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cannot-play-videos-in-full-screen-673869.html
Relevancy 82.99%

im using an asus g73 with windows 7, the monitor is 17.3 and i have it running in 1600x 900 resolution. when i try to watch videos on it i can use the full screen option but it doesnt utiliza the entire screen. it's still a smaller than full screen video. the only time ive been able to watch videos in full screen is when using VLC player and i adjust the crop sizes and things like that. but when trying to watch streamed videos on the internet i don't have any options to change the size like that. please help. thanks

A:Why can't i watch videos in full screen?

Which videos are you trying to watch in full screen? Is the border even around the whole video, or is it thicker on the sides/top?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/why-cant-i-watch-videos-in-full-screen-483515.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi, I work with my laptop closed and a display connected through HDMI cable.Videos (youtube, vimeo etc...) won't play full screen. When I open the lid and retry the full screen it works both on laptop en display. When I close the lid, the same problem occurs.  Driving me crazy. M

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/videos-not-playing-full-screen/td-p/5849891
Relevancy 82.99%

My monitor doesn't seem to support 720p or 1080p HD videos on youtube when full screen. I have an HP 2009m monitor and it seems pretty new.

Do you think this is a monitor driver issue or graphics card, or maybe something else?

A:HD videos not supported when full screen

Hello again, obidon

What do you mean by "doesn't seem to support"?

Just needed some clarification there, if you would, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/239989-hd-videos-not-supported-when-full-screen.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Actually it lags any time I make the player bigger. So I have to keep it small or else it lags basically...

It does it on vlc, windows media, and quicktime (all I have.)

Today I downloaded windows media encoder to convert an avi to wmv to watch on my xbox 360, and that made me install different codecs. At first I thought that could've been the problem, but then I remembered that the videos have been doing that for the past 2 or 3 days now.

Any idea why its doing this to me?

Relevancy 82.13%

hi guys, this just started happening, any movie i watch online, any you tube video, any sporting event, ALL from different sites, the full screen mode will only stay that way for maybe a minute or two and then minimizes again for no reason, i dont know why this started happening, do i have a virus or something? please help, its getting vey frustrating, thanks for all you do
buffalocalzone

Relevancy 82.13%

I need to find where I can obtain a Windows 10 Display Driver. I cannot locate one on the HP Website.  Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Full-Screen-YouTube-Videos-Pixilate/td-p/5742826
Relevancy 82.13%

On my desktop computer when I try viewing youtube videos and videos from some other sources full screen the toolbar across the bottom of screen in the desktop mode screen full youtube videos Viewing remains visible blocking my view of and use of the player controls at bottom Viewing youtube videos full screen of the youtube player All I can see is Viewing youtube videos full screen the seek bar moving as the video plays If I put the toolbar in the AutoHide mode then I can see and use the youtube player controls On my laptop with W this problem does not exist The entire player appears normally as if there were an quot always on Viewing youtube videos full screen top quot mode One difference is that the laptop had W factory installed while I installed W over XP in my desktop That deal offered at the beginning of the year was too good to pass up Both computers have x -based processors Computer comparisons Laptop Samsung AMD A - M APU with Radeon HD Graphics GHz GB RAM -bit OS Desktop Homebuilt AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor e ATI Radeon Graphics with latest driver GB RAM -bit OS Neither computer has the toolbar in the AutoHide mode On some sites with the desktop computer when I move the mouse pointer toward the left edge of the player the seek bar retracts and I can't grab it to drag it to the right I don't know the if laptop also has this problem Thanks for your suggestions R

A:Viewing youtube videos full screen

Mine does the same thing but if I check the auto-hide taskbar option, I get the video full screen without the taskbar. Updated to ad the fact that I am using a home-built desktop and I did read your (very well written) opening post. This is just an FYI and is not intended to be a fix for your specific issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28666-viewing-youtube-videos-full-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello, I've been having BSOD when I put videos from youtube into full screen. I've been searching online on what to do and found this site. I tried updating some display drivers but, it never helped. Here are my dump files.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54098-bsod-when-putting-videos-into-full-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi guys I am having a problem here I am hoping to get solved I watch a lot of my television shows and movies online and as of late I m unable to watch them in full screen I tried googling my problem but to no avail probably because I don t know how to phrase my search to get the right results Here is what is happening I press the full screen button on anything that uses JW Player and instead of a nice full screen as I m supposed to get I get small choppy to the point that you can t make anything out videos at the top of my screen and I m unable to press anything with the mouse and have to press ESC to get back in no (sometimes) Videos longer working full screen to normal mode Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know how to solve it I have only been running into this in the last few days and nothing on my system has changed I am running windows XP virus and malware free check daily using Videos no longer working in full screen (sometimes) AVG superantispyware malwarebytes and adaware Hijack this log shows nothing out of the ordinary either and I ve gotten very good at spotting potential problems Could it simply be a bug with a new version of the JW player I don t even know if they put out a new version or not but as I ve said this has just started in the last few days DivX and all others seem to work fine for me but not the JW player Thanks for any advice

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284544/videos-no-longer-working-in-full-screen-sometimes/
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm having a serious problem when trying to watch videos in full scream. When in full screen, the videos get slow, lagging in various scenes, sometimes with cuts in the audio too.

My config is Sempron 2600+, 1.5gb ram and Geforce 5500 256MB 128 bits. Display 22", 1680x1050 resolution. I'm using nvidia beta driver for Windows 7 (it seems to be the same driver used for Windows Vista, don't know).

I tried lots of codecs and players, nothing works. Windows Media Player and Media Player classic are working almost perfectly than any other players, but I really hate WMP.

I tried to change the settings in nVidia Control Panel, but I can't find the nvidia control panel, it's not in the right button menu.

I installed the game Marvel Ultimate Alliance and it's slow too, but I have all the requirements to play it smoothly.

I'm using build 7600.

How can I solve this?

A:Full screen videos and games lagging

If you are still using the Win 7 default display drivers you might want to look in the Nvidia driver page for updated drivers for your system.

The default Win7 Nvidia drivers do not install the Nvidia control panel.
Look here for your drivers. Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/19237-full-screen-videos-games-lagging.html
Relevancy 82.13%

initially i was able to run full screen of all online videos. like daily motion youtube etc. but i have uninstall /install anti virus programs so many times and then after full screen no more working.
Also very frequeny i have got messages, IE stop working and restart IE.

i have done some tricks mentioned online by experts.

but i m un successfull.
right now no antivirus in my system. i have also try to install AVG 9 FREE antivirus utility but it failed everytime.

can you please suggest possible problems?

thanks

A:Full Screen Videos not working in Vista

so there is no support?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-screen-videos-not-working-in-vista.892440/
Relevancy 82.13%

hi first of all i tried my best to get the solution of my problem by going thorough different topic but none of them i found helpful videos well not with full screen! playing are youtubes so i decided to make my very own thread first i was using windows Xp and it was working absolutely fine with not even a single problem i was totally happy with it but then What the bad time it was when i heard about this windows and tried to use it here starts the messes i manage to solved them completely and somehow got succeed in it expect this one i installed all the drivers and new latest flash player but still the problem is that the video is playing but it is very lag it's not working as smoothly as worked in windows xp i want to get rid of this problem currently i'm using firefox but i tried all the browsers getting same result with all please help me solve the problem other wise there is no option but to go back to WIN Xp again here are my system's details Processor Intel R Pentium R youtubes videos are not playing well with full screen! CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A ' System Model OptiPlex GX System Type X -based PC Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Display details Name Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Family Adapter Description Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Family Adapter Type Not Available Intel Corporation compatible before i finish this thread i want to make you see the snap of my DXIDAG windows on which i'm highly suspected if there's any problem related to it please help me thanks Please help me as soon as possible

A:youtubes videos are not playing well with full screen!

Your computer barely meets the minimum requirements for win 7. I suspect that coupled with a slow network connection may be the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232037-youtubes-videos-not-playing-well-full-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

For some reason -- videos on facebook wont go full screen in IE. There isnt even the fullscreen toggle arrows on the video.

However, this works fine in Chrome and Edge.

Must be an IE setting. Can anyone help????

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/57736-videos-facebook-wont-go-full-screen-ie.html
Relevancy 82.13%

For some reason -- videos on facebook wont go full screen in IE. There isnt even the fullscreen toggle arrows on the video.

However, this works fine in Chrome and Edge.

Must be an IE setting. Can anyone help????

Oh, and im on Windows 10

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/videos-on-facebook-wont-go-full-screen-in-ie-1148569.html
Relevancy 82.13%

So I've had this computer since September and have not been having any issues until I updated to Windows 7 from Vista. Everything works fine and dandy until I decide to watch a video in full screen mode. It is the worst when watching online videos. Once the computer crashes the screen goes blank and all sound cuts out. The only way to restore the computer is to force it off. For online videos this happens in a few minutes or sometimes a few seconds and for downloaded videos this happens after a little longer, usually around thirty minutes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the graphics and sound drivers and have run hard ware diagnostics on everything repeatedly. Any ideas? Also I do play very taxing games on this computer but I have never had any such issue.

A:Full Screen Videos cause computer to crash

If it's happening in different players, i.e. online and off then it's something system wide. I suggest a clean install. Click the INSTALL link in my sig.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79725-full-screen-videos-cause-computer-crash.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,
When i use the full screen option on videos from most websites, the screen changes to a black screen (eliminating the surrounding website) but the picture stays small.
Videos from youtube, by the way, works fine
My media player's version is 11.
What can i do?

A:can't view videos from websites in full screen

See this MS KB article:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/Full_screen_how_to.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-view-videos-from-websites-in-full-screen.675406/
Relevancy 82.13%

I've got a new vista laptop and everytime i try making a video online fullscreen (such as youtube, yahoo, or google video) it will go full screen for a minute or two then go black until i hit ESC. then a bubble will pop up from the bottom right stating that the Display Driver R300 has stopped responding and has successfully recovered... I've tried to update and reinstall the driver for my video card but it still doesn't fix the problem... help

Relevancy 82.13%

Somehow i got a problem on my Pc which does, if i play games or watch movies on the pc. it will minimize the program or pop out of the full screen mode randomly.

Its very annoying.

I tried to disable all the programs i could that is running in the background. But i got no idea what to do from now on, I run Adaware & AVG. Using ATI Drivers.

Anyone who can help?. If i can't find a solution, I guess i need to format the PC and reinstall again, But i really would prefer not to.

Regards Christian

A:Games / Videos in full screen problem

Are there no one who knows about this issue?. can it be graphic driver related?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-videos-in-full-screen-problem.882245/
Relevancy 81.27%

When viewing videos on YouTube, Facebook or other sites, I can not expand these videos to full screen. When I attempt to do so, the audio continues to play, but the screen goes black. However, when I hit the esc key to minimize, sometimes I see a flash of the full screen just before it reduces back to the small player. This is a new problem, and seemed to happen recently, about the same time as some updates that were installed. Additionally, I am also seeing videos not immediately fully loaded in the smaller players on Facebook. It takes much more time for them to be completely visible (the screen shows 50% of the video visible, but 50% black/trying to load). I have an NVIDIA Quadro M1000M and an Intel HD Graphics P530  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Audio-only-no-video-when-enlarging-videos-to-full-screen/td-p/5837020
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,

while watching videos on my laptop (Joybook A52 Win 7 Ultimate 32bit) in different video players (vlc, kmplayer, MPC-HC), i have constantly BSOD. Watching videos on youtube (using google chrome) the laptop screen stopped as frozen, white single blink, then i get notification: Display driver...

What to do? How to fix it?

Thank you for your time, and i hope didn't put this post in wrong thread

A:BSOD while watching videos in full screen with vlc, kmplayer, MPC-HC

I think you need to update your ati drivers.
ATI Catalyst

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274271-bsod-while-watching-videos-full-screen-vlc-kmplayer-mpc-hc.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello there As threat title suggests I am struggling with any not only HD lagging video playback on full screen mode in Chrome only I ve looked up for the solution on google and triet I think all possible fixes but neither of them worked so Screen videos Lagging on in Full Chrome mode far What I did - updated my graph card drivers to the latest - downloaded amp installed the latest adobe flash player - disabled pepflashplayer plugin in Chrome - disabled hardware acceleration in Chrome - cleared my temp files cookies history etc - cleaned my comp from trash in general amp errors in registry - restarted comp several times in the process I have even formatted my computer but no change in that matter Nothing helped I noticed its Chrome issue only I ve runned out of fixes to apply Any suggestions Ah one more thing - gt I noticed that pepflashplayer is the only plugin in Chrome relating Lagging videos on Full Screen mode in Chrome to Flash I think that videos are playing on HTML I attach my DxDiag if that helps Any help appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lagging-videos-on-full-screen-mode-in-chrome.1157898/
Relevancy 81.27%

This is a Pavillion x360 Convertable 15-bk010nr. Using Windows 10 64 bit.When reading websites and a video is available, all I see is a black screen (most of the time) with a ?handle? at the bottom center. Sometimes I will see a photo with a play arrow, but that is rare. If I click play, it turns black. If I can get the video to start playing, I can hear it, but can't see the video unless I blindly click in the area where the full screen button should be and get it to open in full screen mode. How can I get these videos to play normally in the website without having to go full screen? This is a screenshot of a video that is playing - I can hear it, but can't see it. Thank you for your assistance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Videos-in-some-websites-will-only-plan-in-full-screen-mode/td-p/5729101
Relevancy 81.27%

When I first built my pc I watched a video in fullscreen. Got the BSOD.....updated drivers. Now I just dont watch fullscreen videos. I have the Radeon HD 7950 and am using the beta drivers. I was also playing the game Arma 2 (DayZ mod) also I had a map opened on googlechrome in the background and got the BSOD. this was before I installed the beta drivers. I was running the 12.10 drivers at the time. Now I installed the beta and haven't played any games yet. But I wanted to see what caused it. Blue Screen viewer tells me it was caused by the driver ntoskrnl.exe, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+ 7efc0

A:BSOD Full screen Youtube videos and sometimes in games.

Welcome

Both .dmp files come with Memory_Management 1a

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes. *Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot. *If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot. *If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

BSOD Report

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa80009c9f30, ffff, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+35054 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041790, A page table page has been corrupted. On a 64 bit OS, parameter 2
contains the address of the PFN for the corrupted page table page.
On a 32 bit OS, parameter 2 contains a pointer to the number of used
PTEs, and parameter 3 contains the number of used PTEs.
Arg2: fffffa80009c9f30
Arg3: 000000000000ffff
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: Arma2OA.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002ef4b50 to fffff80002e88fc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0254f6e8 fffff800`02ef4b50 : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`009c9f30 00000000`0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271967-bsod-full-screen-youtube-videos-sometimes-games.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello Group I am working on a touch-screen video application and viewing default videos mpeg screen Full for want to activate an mpeg video with an automatic full screen presentation i e no video viewer details no borders nor mock dvd machine pictures with buttons just the video I must confess I have no prior video experience so learning as I go I have Windows Media and WinDVD on an XP PC This is just the prototype testing environment - we do not yet have the actual touch screen equipment My local html front-end driver tests fine with the icons activating the mpegs in Full screen default for viewing mpeg videos Windows Media but then I must manually go to the View gt Full Screen option to make the video go to full screen This is the step I want to eliminate There should be some method for setting full screen as a default In Windows Media Tools gt Performance gt Advanced Options there are some options about full screen but checking or unchecking those did not do the trick To complicate the matter my PC stuff is in French which I struggle to understand so please excuse if the answer is too obvious and the question unworthy of this forum Any tips will be appreciated This is such a great site that has helped me many times and I have made donations to support the site and say thanks to all in a meaningful way Charles nbsp

A:Full screen default for viewing mpeg videos

download http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic.cfm
download media player classic ( its free too)then go under View and click options find player option under Open options click on Launch files in fullscreen, that should solve that problem. Thats all i know that would open up to fullscreen mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-screen-default-for-viewing-mpeg-videos.409113/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey guys,

First post on here, have just installed windows 8 on my machine and everything is working fine, just noticed however when i play a game in full screen and have another screen with say VLC playing watching a movie the movie turns down to 50% play speed (not actually play speed in player but just the way it plays) so what would be frame after frame there is an extra frame between there where it lags out...

On windows 7 i had no issue having a full screen game on one monitor and a movie on another screen all working perfectly fine...

Any1 know what the issue is here?? i have no idea what to fix i have latest drivers for everything, bios upgrades done, newest software for vlc and still no idea what i can do...

any help would be great thanks

A:Videos lagout when another program is open full screen

A workaround is to set your game to use Windows 7 compatibility mode... its to do with the way priority is handled from what I have heard. First though make sure your graphics drivers are 100% up to date, a lot of people who reported this back in RTM said that it is fixed now, that could have been due to patches or graphics card drivers but for a lot it was resolved.
Aside that, the compatibility thing has been reported as a good solution (little annoying needing to set it on every game you play though, so not ideal)

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/10686-videos-lagout-when-another-program-open-full-screen.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm running a laptop with an ati x1600 (using windows update driver), videos running in full screen are always choppy. Anyone else have this issue?

A:Full Screen Videos Laggy (youtube, hulu, etc.)

That could be a reason there. You use the WU driver. Try the latest available for your card from ATI. AMD Driver
Also make sure your version of Adobe Flash is current.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/26223-full-screen-videos-laggy-youtube-hulu-etc.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Ok so I have google my mind away trying to figure out what is up with this I can watch full screen videos to my hearts content on this laptop However when I hook it up to my tv via HDMI it will not play the majority of videos work screen Videos laptop, HDTV Full not on on full screen Videos work Full screen on laptop, not on HDTV or even not full screen So let's start with what it WILL play It will play YouTube videos and any videos I have on my portable hard drive It will play them full screen no Videos work Full screen on laptop, not on HDTV problems It doesn't matter how long the video is That is it Now if I try to play any other streaming video it will play full screen on the laptop just not on the tv If I try and watch the SAME video on the TV it will start out fine but within mins it will start skipping on the video By skipping I mean the video will run sluggishly and jerkily It will freeze and then zoom forward as if trying to catch up to the audio This is not my laptop it is on loan to me My house was broken into and my laptop was stolen I never had any problems watching anything on it when it was hooked up to the tv I'm not sure what info you need from me about the laptop to help with this but I would appreciate any offered

A:Videos work Full screen on laptop, not on HDTV

By searching online for both full screen and sluggish video points to video resolution problem (most likely on different output video formats) and low internet connection or outdated video driver. Have you tried matching or lowering the resolution and checking any updated drivers for the laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505795/videos-work-full-screen-on-laptop-not-on-hdtv/
Relevancy 81.27%

When watching a video in full screen, I get video tear towards the top of the screen

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Product number: A7N52EA#ABU
Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

I have already tried updating my graphics driver. It said that it was up to date

I'm not sure if this is related, but I used to get a message when I turned on my laptop saying:
WARNING The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your AMD graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the Displays Manager.

so... I uninstalled the AMD

My PC also doesn't wake from sleep when I close the lid of the laptop. Is this connected to the other issues I'm having?

A:I am having a problem with video when I watch videos in full screen

Tearing would typically be a video driver issue. Are you using the latest driver version available from the laptop manufacturer? It's only recommended to use the laptop manufacturers drivers. You may need to uninstall the drivers, reboot, and then install the latest version again.

Most laptops uses a switch to determine lid position I believe. So it could be an actual hardware fault, or a software issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-having-a-problem-with-video-when-i-watch-videos-in-full-screen.1117017/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey guys,

First post on here, have just installed windows 8 on my machine and everything is working fine, just noticed however when i play a game in full screen and have another screen with say VLC playing watching a movie the movie turns down to 50% play speed (not actually play speed in player but just the way it plays) so what would be frame after frame there is an extra frame between there where it lags out...

On windows 7 i had no issue having a full screen game on one monitor and a movie on another screen all working perfectly fine...

Any1 know what the issue is here?? i have no idea what to fix i have latest drivers for everything, bios upgrades done, newest software for vlc and still no idea what i can do...

any help would be great thanks

A:Videos lagout when another program is open full screen

A workaround is to set your game to use Windows 7 compatibility mode... its to do with the way priority is handled from what I have heard. First though make sure your graphics drivers are 100% up to date, a lot of people who reported this back in RTM said that it is fixed now, that could have been due to patches or graphics card drivers but for a lot it was resolved.
Aside that, the compatibility thing has been reported as a good solution (little annoying needing to set it on every game you play though, so not ideal)

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/10686-videos-lagout-when-another-program-open-full-screen.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Earlier yesterday, I had received a blue screen error while watching videos on Netflix while
in full screen view. Then just a few hours ago, the same error occurred again while I was watching a video on Youtube during full screen. I could hear ticking noises in my hard drive usually before or after this issue takes place. Here is the message below that was showing:

"KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR"

"STOP: 0x00000077 (0xC000009C, 0xC000009C, 0x00000000, 0x086C6000)"

I'm running Windows XP, SP 3, Dell PC, Model: Dimension 2400 using Google Chrome. I would provide more info from my minidumps, but they won't show up for some reason when I'm trying to attach them.

A:Bluescreen occurring during full screen flash videos

I suggest running a disk check for starters (either run error-checking and check "Automatically fix file-system errors" or run chkdsk /f /r)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluescreen-occurring-during-full-screen-flash-videos.181522/
Relevancy 80.41%

This never happened before until recently, my screensaver would start while I am watching movies under full screen in WMP, and i am not sure what i did to trigger this. I made sure that the "allow screen saver during playback" setting in WMP is unchecked, and my battery plan for my laptop is set to 'balanced'. I'd rather not have to change my screensaver settings everytime i watch a movie or a show. Any help please?

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
4GB RAM
Intel Duo Core 2.5Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTX

A:Screensaver starts while watching videos in WiMP under full screen

OK i found out how it happened

Screensaver kicked in while i watched videos in WMP under full screen because I installed a newer version of my Video Card driver. After I reinstalled my driver back to the default version that came with my laptop....movies no longer get interrupted by the screensaver. But obviously newer drivers are important too, so i have yet to figure out how to have latest version driver and not have this screensaver issue.

Hope this info helps people who have the same problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screensaver-starts-while-watching-videos-in-wimp-under-full-screen-308936.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi! I've been navigating the forums for a while now but I finally found myself in the need of creating a thread. I recently made a fresh install of windows on my PC, but I've noticed that I keep getting BSOD's every now and then when I exit a game or a video in full screen. I't not always but it's getting annoying. I re installed the Graphics cards drivers and the Antivirus as one post suggested but I just got another BSOD. I get the message:

---

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

***STOP: 0X0000003b (0X00000000C0000005, 0XFFFFF960001B4283, 0XFFFFF88008C62020, 0X000000000000000)

*** WIN32K.SYS - ADDRESS FFFFF960001B4283 BASE AT FFFFF960000F0000, DateStamp 4a5bc5e0

Here is the file that the debugtool created.

Thanks a lot, I'm new posting so if I missed something of made something wrong I'm sorry.

A:BSOD when exiting full screen videos, or games. 0x0000003B

My computer just crashed again, this are the files that appeared on my desktop, now the message on the bsod is different:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1 (0X0000000000006C70, 0X00000000000000B, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFF88010927E16)

nvlddmkm.sys - Address FFFFF88010927E16 base at FFFFF88010824000, Datestamp 52b326bc

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321493-bsod-when-exiting-full-screen-videos-games-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Whenever i try to watch a video on youtube or dailymotion via full screen my video consistently exits full screen after 20-30 seconds of play. This happens every time without fail and happens again when i re activate full screen mode.

Initially i thought the problem was with my flash player but files played via full screen via windows media player seem to do the exact same thing though they seem to take a bit longer, about 60-80 seconds before they exit full screen mode?

Ive been fiddleing around for ages and i can't remedy the problem so if anyone out there can help me i would be very much appreciative.

Im using windows vista home premium btw.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/videos-keep-exiting-full-screen-mode-after-seconds-any-help-very-much-appreciated.695269/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi All I have a HP Envy M running Windows and until this week have had no issues A few days ago while watching a Full Videos Exit Streaming 3 Screen Mode Every Minutes movie in full screen it started exiting full screen to standard screen and I had to click the full screen button to get it back This continues to happen every minutes still while watching streaming content All other functions of the PC and applications I use are fine and I have not downloaded any new software Here's what I've done so far to try and resolve I verified that the problem occurs on IE Chrome amp FirefoxI ran the Streaming Videos Exit Full Screen Mode Every 3 Minutes HP update utility to see if all drivers etc were current and they were I checked Windows updates to ensure all software was updated to the latest version and it was I verified that Adobe Flash Player was up to dateI uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash playerI disabled Active x and subsequently reactivated I've completed a system restore Streaming Videos Exit Full Screen Mode Every 3 Minutes and re-updated all applications and firmware The problem still exists Has anyone else had this problem and do you have any further suggestions I might try Thanks in advance Seamus

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55583-streaming-videos-exit-full-screen-mode-every-3-minutes.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello guys... So I have recently formatted my computer and whenever I play a video on fullscreen, the video will lag a lot and the sound will be buggy and cracky.... Also, for example, I am playing Assassin's Creed II at the moment and this also happens in the cut scenes... This has all happened after I formatted my computer... So I thought it has something to do with the drivers but I have reinstalled the drivers a million times... I am having trouble reinstalling my Sound driver though, I keep getting an error when I try to reinstall it and I don't know how to uninstall it....

I hope someone of you can help me...

A:Video and Sound lag in full screen videos + 0x116 BSODs

Hi please post the make and model of your computer, have you gone to the makers support site for your model and downloaded and installed the drivers,what is the problem with the sound driver ? do you recieve any message ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/video-and-sound-lag-in-full-screen-videos-0x116-bsods-595974.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey, my computer has been blue screening for quite sometime now, if I were to estimate I would say around 8 months and I get 1-2 blue screen every month I would have to say. I have formatted my computer and re-installed windows around 1-2 months ago to check if it would fix the problem but to no avail. I would generally get these blue screens when I would be playing a full screen game but also it sometimes happens when I would play video games in windowed mode as well. Also, sometimes it would occur when I would full screen or escape a full screen YouTube video.

I have tried updating my video driver as well as explained before formatting my hard drive and re-installing Windows 7 Ultimate x64 but it has still not resolved the issue. I'll attach the dump files and would thank you in advance for any help given.

A:BSOD randomly from Full Screen Games or Youtube Videos.

Welcome

Following drivers need to be updated to their latest but first uninstall via control panel.

Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall the Realtek & ATI related stuff.

Delete remnants of their drivers using Driver Sweeper

Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC ► Source: Driver Reference Table

Code:
2: kd> lmvm Rt64win7
start end module name
fffff880`04200000 fffff880`04232000 Rt64win7 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Rt64win7.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys
Image name: Rt64win7.sys
Timestamp: Thu Feb 26 15:04:13 2009 (49A65B0D)
CheckSum: 0002EB30
ImageSize: 00032000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver) Source ► Driver Reference Table

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`02c00000 fffff880`02c5f000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 04 11:10:55 2012 (4FF3D05F)
CheckSum: 0006086F
ImageSize: 0005F000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Uninstall msi afterburner. The graphics crash is being caused by that program.

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260413-bsod-randomly-full-screen-games-youtube-videos.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi First sorry if I don t apply anymore Solved: full screen work won't Videos in Online the correct terminology at any point - tired and having brain freezes too For about two weeks now when I visit websites like hulu or youtube and Solved: Online Videos won't work in full screen anymore I click the function to watch the selected video full screen I ll continue to get the sound but the full screen video will freeze on whatever the last image was in regular size and the video part won t play on until I hit ESC and go back To my knowledge I ve not downloaded or changed anything that could be conflicting The video enlarging function had worked fine until one night when my husband was watching videos and it didn t work I have a Gataway laptop with Windows Vista and I use Internet Explorer with a wireless router connected to TimeWarner Cable Roadrunner As I noted everything was fine and videos enlarged and played with no problems and now we can t do full screen without the image freezing and the sound continuing on Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot or rule out any conflicts or issues Thank you all Suzanne nbsp

A:Solved: Online Videos won't work in full screen anymore

Do you have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player? It's version

Also, do you have the latest Java Runtime version 6 update 13?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-online-videos-wont-work-in-full-screen-anymore.819352/
Relevancy 80.41%

My laptop cannot play any videos in full screen, it wasn't like this before but for some reason this problem pops up recently ... because i use windows media and real player.. i try to resinstall the real player but it does not solve the problem.. can anyone help out please??

[sorry but i am kinda not tht pro on computers...soo please write sth that is not too complicated thxs]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannont-play-any-videos-in-full-screen-or-size-bigger-than-99.746170/
Relevancy 79.98%

Wasn't sure exactly where to ask this, but I figure it's a multimedia problem.
Whenever I try to watch full screen video on a player (tried both VLC and MPlayer, I'm using Ubuntu 9.04), the entire OS crashes and I have to reboot. I can watch online videos full screen with no problem. I can watch them with no problems when I switch over to my Windows drive, too, so it's not the hardware.
Anyone know what it might be?

Relevancy 79.55%

My computer freezes up on me whenever i watch movies in full screen or randomly during online game play. I'm more the sure my computer isn't overheating and I have the latest video drivers, so I dont know what to do. Here are some of my specs if you need more please let me know.

Operating system: Vista Ultimate 64 bit
Processor: Intel Core2 Extreme COU X9770 @ 3.2GHz 3.5 GHz
Memory (RAM): CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB ( 2 X 2GB ) PC3-10666 1333MHz 240-pin DDR3 CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit
Graphics Cards: Dual SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (note i have taken one out)
Sound: SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio
Power Supply: Tagan BZ series 1300 watts
Bios Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS Striker 2 Extreme ACPI BIOS Revision 0402, 2/25/2008

A:Computer Freezes during game play and watching videos full screen

good specs there, try de accellerating the dxdiag and running comp with it lowered, hit start type dxdiag,enter, and go through the tests

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-during-game-play-and-watching-videos-full-screen.926132/
Relevancy 79.55%

I don't know why but ever since this afternoon Windows decides to crash complete whenever I'm a few minutes or so in watching a YouTube video It doesn't do it playing intensive games like Grand Theft Auto yet it decides to do it watching a YouTube video How Windows crashes is the reason why I'm making this thread What happens when I'm in the middle of watching a video is that the screen goes black with the cursor flickering and later disappears as well as screen crashes watching when Windows randomly full at YouTube videos the audio cutting off with nothing but blackness Pressing anything does not make sounds and Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen nothing appears after a moment of blackness not even a blue screen And after restarting the interface does some strange behavior I've never seen before The resolution is changed to x or x I don't know aspect ratio and the options are even more awkward The only options through adapter settings resolution cannot be changed in advanced display settings for some reason are all in aspect ratio with of all the standard refresh rates in PCs is a never heard of Hz applied to each option Fortunately things go back to normal after another restart but the crashing while watching YouTube videos in full screen continue to happen Now this issue doesn't annoy me to the very core but Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen it does bother me that such an interruption can happen I prefer to watch videos in full screen so I want to know how I can fix it I don't want to be hesitant to watch something in a preferred mode forever Let me know what you think is wrong PC ABS Logic-i R ALI Desktop PC Intel Core i th Gen GB DDR TB HDD GeForce GTX Ti GB Windows Home -Bit-Newegg com

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61077-windows-crashes-randomly-when-watching-youtube-videos-full-screen.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I seem to be getting frequent BSODs when streaming videos on youtube or when using other streaming video players if I have them fullscreen. In addition, when I close the game Civilization 5 my computer will often crash to a BSOD.

When I checked bluescreenview there was only one minidump summary, however, I have had probably 20 BSODs in the past week. I'm unsure how many summaries are included in the attached minidump files.

I'm running 64 bit 7 with 4GB ram, an Intel Quad core Q9550 cpu running at 2.83 GHz, GPU is a Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 (up to date) and I use Microsoft Security Essentials as an Antivirus. I have a 700 Watt psu, with a single hard drive at about 60% capacity.

I've been getting BSODs frequently for the past few months but much more frequently lately. Thank you for any and all help, and please let me know if more information is required.

-Sythus

A:BSODs when watching streaming full screen videos and closing Civ5

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol 120% software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).
Please uninstall the programs, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

Some free alternatives (I don't use them, so I can't comment on them)

MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor

I'd suggest updating your network drivers from the manufacturer's website also. They date from 2009, so they may be troublesome.

Please post back if this doesn't stop the BSOD's - there's 2 ways that we can go (either running Driver Verifier or hardware diagnostics).

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
Code:

amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
sptd.sys Sat Aug 20 00:34:53 2011 (4E4F396D)
tap0901t.sys Wed Sep 16 02:02:43 2009 (4AB07F83)
MpFilter.sys Fri Mar 09 06:05:26 2012 (4F59E3F6)
dtsoftbus01.sys Mon Oct 17 08:12:30 2011 (4E9C1BAE)
aaywadx3.SYS Tue Nov 16 13:51:16 2010 (4CE2D2A4)
aelejix3.SYS Mon Oct 17 11:34:18 2011 (4E9C4AFA)
cpuz135_x64.sys Tue Nov 09 08:33:36 2010 (4CD94DB0)
nvlddmkm.sys Wed Feb 29 13:04:52 2012 (4F4E68C4)
Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009 (49A65B0D)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=sptd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tap0901t.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MpFilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dtsoftbus01.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cpuz135_x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt64win7.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\051512-20685-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17803.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504
Debug session time: Tue May 15 14:15:22.317 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 22:04:06.557
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SepMandatoryIntegrityCheck+2ae )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: MsMpEng.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!SepMandatoryIntegrityCheck+2ae
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff8a0`31d379a4 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02ab228e 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = FB
BiosReleaseDate = 05/20/2009
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2830
CurrentSpeed: 2833
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231016-bsods-when-watching-streaming-full-screen-videos-closing-civ5.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Today I did a repair reinstall of Windows XP - had been having all sorts of little glitches etc - all good except for playing mpeg files on Cyberlink Power XP screen black after reinstall videos DVD All my collected clips black screen videos after XP reinstall used to play properly before the repair - all were set to play using power DVD in properties Now they start up flicker the image and then the window turns black - audio is fine I suppose it's a codec related issue - but which one is now missing that I had before Last time I had a codec issue I downloaded and installed K-Lite but that was a disaster - nearly nothing played until I removed K-Lite I have DivX installed and Xvid I have Adobe Premiere Elelments which comes with a swag of codecs I have just upgraded Windows Media Player to version after it reverted to after reinstall but did not make it the default for mpegs Windows Media Player plays the clips properly btw Any ideas folks

A:black screen videos after XP reinstall

solved for now - removed and re installed Power DVD which then seemed to lead to all my mpegs becoming Nero Showtime files then removed and re installed Nero. Went into properties box for an mpeg file, set it to open with Power DVD - they now all will open properly but still show with the Nero Showtime icon - ah well at least they play now

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-videos-after-xp-reinstall-250328.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I'm having a little trouble getting Flash Player 9 to work at YouTube. I just did a re-install of the OS, put in SP4 and update rollup 1, as well as Java 6 update 31. All I get at Youtube is a black screen.I can't really think of anything else to do. I have active scripting enabled, and I am using Opera 12. At the Adobe site, the test says my Flash player is working fine.The only thing that catches my interest is this bit I found in browser info: XHTML+Voice-----Plug-in not loadedI don't use a firewall and I just have Spybot-SD and Pop-Up Dummy.Anybody got any ideas?

A:YouTube Videos Black Screen

http://www.computing.net/answers/wi...I can only think that youtube requires a newer version of adobe flash. Google seems to be quite good now at trying to push everyone off older versions of software.Thanks to sdfox 7 for the tutorial, which should fix the problem.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/youtube-videos-black-screen/66345.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi..I'm a newbie 2 this forums...I do have some comp.experience. My problem is when I try 2 watch a on line video all I get is a black screen,no sound or anything. Some game sites don't even load and when I try 2 cash my points in at mycokerewards I get nothing. My computer was dragging, so this lady went and "fixed it." She fixed it all right..I've tried everything I can think of and nothing helps.I even did a System Restore but she redid that so it goes 2 the date that she "fixed" my computer..
Anyhelp at all would b greatly appreciated & tnxs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-4-on-line-videos.850652/
Relevancy 78.69%

Friends don't let friends take vertical videos. Our brains and eyes are wired for widescreen. And yet, in this age of ubiquitous smartphone screens, it happens all the time. There's good news today if you're one of those people. Android...

Read more

A:Android accepts defeat, will now show vertical YouTube videos full screen

Rejoice!

Honestly whoever originally made the decision to only allow video to be viewed in widescreen format in full screen mode was a bone head move, thanks captain Dic.

"So vertical video makers rejoice. In fact, we should all celebrate. Although the orientation will still be annoying for people watching on laptops, monitors, and TVs, at least Android smartphone users won't have to suffer innecesarily. There's no word yet on when or if the update is coming to iOS."

The added screen real estate more than makes up for the lack of proper orientation, maybe flip your laptop on its side and change it's screen setting to portrait if it really bothers you. But when trying to watch on an already small screen it just doesn't make sense for it to force you to watch with black bars.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/android-accepts-defeat-will-now-show-vertical-youtube-videos-full-screen.216766/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi

I have a strange problem with the Windows 7 themes. When I use F11 to make an explorer window (both ie and file explorer), the top menu bar (or maybe title bar) becomes black. This does not happen with Firefox or if I change the theme to Windows Classic or Windows 7 Basic. I've looked for help everywhere, but not been able to find any. This is really annoying! I'll attach a screen shot to visualize my problem. Has anybody else experienced this behaviour?

A:Black menu bar in full screen (Possible bug?)

Hello Decafoc, and welcome to Seven Forums.

This would be the Auto Hide option not being checked while in F11 full screen mode. The tutorial below can help show you how to check it so that the address & tool bars auto hides again for you.

Full Screen F11 - Enable or Disable Auto-Hide - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/50290-black-menu-bar-full-screen-possible-bug.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Last week my laptop was almost empty I received Fan Black Full No Screen Battery a message within windows and I put in the charger I worked another hour and then shut down the laptop and let it on Black Screen Battery Full No Fan the charger the rest Black Screen Battery Full No Fan of the night to make sure it was full next morning nbsp The next nbsp morning when I tried to turn on the laptop I noticed the following - Laptop makes no sound no fan or ssd hdd Only the left led was blue no hdd led lighting up - Laptop goes on screen stays black and after seconds the laptop goes off nbsp In the past I had issues when the battery was entirely flat and I could not get the laptop turned on this behaviour looks different I tried the following nbsp turn on without battery and connected to charger again goes on no an goes off ater seconds turn on without memory no beeps removed battery RAM wait one hour hold power button for minutes try boot still same issue Put DOS bios flash on FAT format usb nbsp hold FN Escape boot laptop hope screen turns on and fash bios No luck still same error nbsp On the internet there are a lot of threads about similar issues I also read about a damaged vga cable But I normally shut down the laptop and closed the lid how could that damage the screen nbsp nbsp Anybody has some tips Unfortunately laptop is years old so no warranty left

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Black-Screen-Battery-Full-No-Fan/td-p/451405
Relevancy 78.26%

I've recently re-installed Vista on a friends PC. Now it has wide black bars on both sides of the screen. How can I resolve this please.

Thank you for any help.

A:Black bars full screen

Have you installed the graphics driver for the system.

If so please provide the system specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-bars-full-screen-446961.html
Relevancy 78.26%

When running certain games (League of Legends, Worms, etc.) or skyping, my computer has started shutting off and the screen becomes solid with vertical green lines. This happens primarily when I have my external monitor plugged in. After this happens and I restart my computer, my external monitor says "input not recognized". After waiting 5-10 minutes the problem seems to fix itself and I can start my computer normally.
The reason i'm running an external monitor in the first place is because the screen on my laptop hasn't been working since September XD.
Any help or information on this problem would be greatly appreciated!
Thank,
-Joe

A:Computer crashing and screen becoming full of green lines

Hello Joe and welcome to the forums

It sounds like a driver error to me so lets have a go at updating your drivers.

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type Device Manager
3. When it opens, expand the Display Adapters category
4. Right click on any entry in that category and select Uninstall
5. Reboot your computer

When windows reboots, it will see that the driver is missing and install it.

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289517-computer-crashing-screen-becoming-full-green-lines.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Ive recently purchased a Toshiba Laptop L50D. It used to play dvds and videos in powerpoint. Now I only have sound and a black screen. Im delivering a presentation this eve and would appreciate any support

A:Black screen when playing videos from dvd and powerpoint

Does the laptop have its own DVD Software? You would have to have a 3rd party software like Cyber link DVD, or you would have to have Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center to play DVDs from PowerPoint as it needs decoding software to run it.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61363-black-screen-when-playing-videos-dvd-powerpoint.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I can't play any videos anywhere and some images do not display....On you Tube..just a black screen appears with "error occurred try back later..on others just a white screen appears....

A:Can't play any videos...black or white screen

Hi Chloro,

Which browser are you using? Have you tried different browsers such as IE, Firefox and Chrome?

If it works in other browsers apart from the usual one you use, try returning to default settings in your main browser and then restart it... and see if that works.

Also, I'm not sure if it's applicable but check the that you have the latest flash player and Java installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-play-any-videos-black-or-white-screen-650339.html
Relevancy 77.83%

So this is a new problem I don t think it is actually causing any adverse effects but I d really like to know what is causing this problem It seems that whenever I right click a video file and yes I ve tried other types of media yet videos are the only ones to do this the screen momentarily turns black The right-click menu still comes up but it sure startled me the first time this happened It only started happening last night so it definitely isn t something that has been around for very long Any and Clicking Screen Question Videos, WMP Right when Black ideas as to the cause of this And while I m here I ve included an attached image file When I run WMP and yes I m still using WMP some of my video files do not show the length or bitrate of the video until I actually open it in WMP If I watch it Black Screen when Right Clicking Videos, and WMP Question the length will be there for the duration that WMP is open yet once I close and Black Screen when Right Clicking Videos, and WMP Question reopen WMP the length is gone again Any ideas as to why this is For the record I m using Windows XP Media Center Edition nbsp

A:Black Screen when Right Clicking Videos, and WMP Question

So I've got a bit of an update. The same thing happens if I click File on the menu bar while I have a video selected. And is this even the right forum for this to be in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-when-right-clicking-videos-and-wmp-question.572309/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I have been having this problem for some time now and I thought I would finally try and get it sorted Whenever I try and view a HD Screen Videos Start/Stop Black HD video on my PC it will come on then about seconds in the entire screen will go black The sound continues and so does the video but the screen is black The same happens when Black Screen Start/Stop HD Videos closing the video player I have tried maximised 'restore down' and full screen I also tried VLC Media Player Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player Once the screen has gone black I have no problems resizing or moving the Black Screen Start/Stop HD Videos video player Black Screen Start/Stop HD Videos until I close it Here's my computer specs Windows Ultimate x x MSI GeForce GTX Twin Frozr II Graphics Cards in SLI Intel Core i - K GHz Sandybridge Socket LGA Processor OC'd - GHz Corsair Memory Vengeance GB x GB DDR MHz CAS XMP ASUS P P EVO Intel P Socket DDR PCI-Express Motherboard Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all Been having a few computer troubles last couple of days Up until now I have never had a computer crash since building my machine Occasionally I've had to force-quit a program but never random crashes I've had in the last day or so though And none of them have happened with a BSoD The last one to happen was while watching movies full-screen full screen games, randomly; Computer crashes a movie I Ctrl Alt Del'd and it got stuck showing a message quot preparing security options quot with the time-circle but never progressed past that point They all seem to happen at random regardless Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies of what I do When playing full-screen games watching full-screen movies or even just sitting idling I've tried updating my MOBO BiOS my gfx driver tried taking out and setting the RAM again and even ran a full-system scan with both anti-virus and with CCleaner I'm afraid I'm not sure what I should do I tried to upload the files from the SF Diagnostic Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies Tool but got a message saying I didn't have the correct Security Token If there's any other information that you require of me please don't hesitate to ask

A:Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies

Put the files on Dropbox or Skydrive and post a link here. Will have a look

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271641-computer-crashes-randomly-full-screen-games-full-screen-movies.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi All,

I've had this problem for several months on my XP Pro SP1 machine.

Certain processes ( saving in my development IDE, Sometimes when new program are installed, when my virus program is automatically updated { Trend Micro Internet Security } & many more ) don't happen in the background like they should. I get a black screen for 3-10 seconds ( depending on what it is being done ! ). It's only an annoyance, but one I would like to fix. I'm sure it's just a registry entry & probably something to do with the command processor, but not sure. Every few weeks I drop this question into a different newsgroup or forum hoping someone knows what is causing this )

cheers, Dave Porter
DJ Software,
Perth, Western Australia.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-black-screen-when-certain-tasks-happen.237841/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey everyone,

When playing online based games like Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2 or Firefall I will recieve a black screen with full power being turned off (no fans / lights on). Have attempted to fix via updating all drivers (GPU, BIOS, full windows update). Thought it was the router and directly connected into the modem, still occured.

Windows 7 64bit (Build 7601) SP1 I believe
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-970A-D3
AMD FX 6100 6 core (3.3 ghz no OC)
AMD Radeon HD 6850 (no OC)
Ripjaw 4x8gb (32 gb total ram)
700 watt
Directx 11

... why am I doing this... attached is a speccy profile ran at the request of ANET. I have been working with them but it feels as if they are having me go in circles. The file was ran with GW2 open and running for ~ 5 minutes.

A:[SOLVED] Black screen w/ full power off

So, it doesn't feel like we're sending you in circles to, could you point out some of the things they have had you do?

The symptom sounds like the system is overheating.

Can you download HWmonitor run it and take snapshots while the system is at idle and when playing games

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-black-screen-w-full-power-off-694401.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I searched a little in google and found this forum. I also found out that I have the exact opposite problem of this guy: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f59/solved-how-to-get-windows-to-display-black-borders-for-low-res-fullscreen-programs-480064.html

Where can I find these options in Vista?
I have played the same games in Windows XP, but XP seems to adjust the resolution of the screen to fit the game so I can play it in full screen instead of playing them surrounded by a black box.

Display card: Intel 965 Chipset Family

Any help is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

A:How to go from black border to full screen mode

Right click on desktop -> Resolution.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-go-from-black-border-to-full-screen-mode-483968.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I am sorry posting another Full Black Boot Screen Windows XP. on thread of this but I couldn t find the problem Well anyways here s my quick story Pretty much I am able to restart my computer without problems but when I Windows XP. Full Black Screen on Boot shut down my computer and turn it on this problem occurs I just get a black screen or the windows loading screen sometimes then it just goes completely black and I can hear the quot load up quot sound and everything and sometimes a moveable mouse but it s all black To fix it usually I have to shut down restart about Windows XP. Full Black Screen on Boot - times and maybe it works So yeah I can use my computer to check things if needed I know it s a hardware problem I just want to get a opinion on what problem it can most likely be Well thanks for reading I hope to get this fix asap Windows Xp Service Pack MB Ram Ati Radeon x Pro Series Pci Express getting it upgraded soon nbsp

A:Windows XP. Full Black Screen on Boot

Try pulling back where you unplug all usb devices, all drives except for 1 hard drive, take out all but 1 ram stick and remove all pci cards and see if you can boot. If so, then start adding back until; you find the culprit.
The other thing to do would be to go to "Run, msconfig,OK, Startup and uncheck everything and hit apply and reboot. The only thing you need in there is antivirus running in the background incidentally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-full-black-screen-on-boot.531176/